Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire E4600 Desktop Frozen At Acer Boot Screen

Q: Acer Aspire E4600 Desktop Frozen At Acer Boot Screen

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire E4600 Desktop Frozen At Acer Boot Screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.39%

my Acer Aspire E1-571, Windows 7 laptop always freeze when I get to the part to enter my password. I have done the thing were you take the battery out and back in. Safe mode works fine, I've deleted all downloaded files or applications from past week (before this happend) and other non-useful applications. I need to get this fixed quickly since j do most of my school work on it.

A:Acer Aspire laptop frozen on Password screen

You could run System Restore to a date just before this happened. Unlike factory restore it will not remove any of your own stuff:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/acer-aspire-laptop-frozen-on-password-screen/19199.html
Relevancy 81.53%

My Acer Aspire 5612z, Dual-core celeron, 2GB ram, vista home premium 32bit, has two separate problems. Screen is filled with vertical red blue and white vertical stripes, if I tap the screen frame then the picture is ok for 30 mins or so, then goes stripey again. (Poss fault on FL board?).
Second, Laptop boots, 20 seconds, to Acer screen then stops.
Can only switch off power from that point.

A:Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

Tapping the screen you could have a loose connection from the LCD Panel to the MOBO connector, but you see if you did the screen would dim out. In your case you have the the same issues that tell me that the LCD Panel is faulty. If this unit is still under warranty then have ACER service the unit or take it to ACER dealer who can either send it back to ACER or they can order the panel and replace it for you at no cost, but then it has to be under warranty. If not you'll have to pay the cost of ordering the part, labor to install it. Find out cost prior to signing any agreement.

On your other issue, did you replace or upgrade the battery or memory? If not then remove the battery and plugin the power only. Try this again does it boot the ACER logo and Windows. Can you put your ear down to the keys or palm rest and hear the HDD spinning up?
If not either the HDD is DOA or faulty power module on the MOBO or just bad MOBO. Again same as above if it's under warranty call or take it to ACER factory service dealer.

Make sure if you had a good battery on this laptop that all switches are switched to the lock mode for the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-screen-problem-and-only-boot-to-acer-screen.140058/
Relevancy 105.35%

My Aspire M5100 Desktop computer will not start or boot up properly. The blue indicator is on to show that I have started it up. But, my monitor keeps displaying: ''No video input''. I can hear that the drive is not booting properly as it used to. This started about a month ago, but at times it did display and boot properly. Now it does nothing at all. I cannot get my recovery discs to work either as the drive does not seem to function properly.Can anyone help me, and also is it possible anyone has a service manual for this model? I've Googled it but seem to only get a user manual and a service manual for the laptop. But I need one for this desktop.

A:Acer Aspire M5100 Desktop will not boot up

I'd start with the power supply first, partial failures are very common with Acer's. Do you have access to another power supply that you can try?

Acer doesn't provide service manual's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-m5100-desktop-will-not-boot-up.1104685/
Relevancy 104.49%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Help!
I have an Acer AST 160-US321H desktop PC that is not connected to the internet and used for home projects only. Today I can not get it to come up at all. I have turned it on and off several times hoping to reset whatever went wrong. Also, there is a red light shining next to the green power light once I power it up. Nothing happens on the screen. The CPU is running (at least the fan) but that's about it. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Deb
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I shut down the power strip for a few minutes then tried to reboot again and after doing a disk scan all is well again! THANKS!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-ts-series-desktop-will-not-boot.578702/
Relevancy 102.34%

I have an Acer Aspire - laptop with Windows Vista and it is Acer HELP!! Frozen in Aspire standby frozen in standby mode The battery is fully charged and I am running it on HELP!! Acer Aspire Frozen in standby the HELP!! Acer Aspire Frozen in standby mains adaptor anyway Was working fine yesterday Today when I tried to get on it seems to be stuck in standby mode I am not able to get it out of stand by mode nor am I able to get it to shut down The power button just keeps flashing on off The only way to make it stop is to unplug and disconnect the battery I have had this computer for two and a half years so of course it is out of warrantly I am getting a little fed up with Acer - had a Acer L desktop die or months ago I am currenly on my work laptop which is majorly frowned upon since not work related I need to get my computer back up and running HELP nbsp

A:HELP!! Acer Aspire Frozen in standby

Maybe a stupid question, but i assume you tried pressing and holding the power button until the laptop turns off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-acer-aspire-frozen-in-standby.955250/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi Folks - I'm a newby here. I have this 3yr old laptop that has frozen up a second time now. The keyboard and mouse are locked out once the thing starts and opens a browser page. The pointer sits in the middle of the page and wired or wireless mouse have zero effect, also, the main battery is not fried. I have tried tostart in safe or command mode and it will not recognize any key entries. Similarly pressing Fn + F6 or 7 do nothing. This same issue was fixed by a guy a few months ago and it was not via reformatting. I think it is a simple enough fix, I don't know what exactly he did tho. I believe it has something to do with lack of a video driver but maybe not. Anyway, any ideas greatly appreciated - cannot afford an new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-frozen.940144/
Relevancy 101.91%

hi,im having a problem, my e5-571 will not boot. i turn it on, the light turns on aswell, and i can clrealy hear the fan starting to work. but all i get is a black screen. no boot screen no logo no nothing.i tried taking out the RAM and back in, doing the whole f2, f8, f10, f12 thing, but nothing.i read an article that say a bios recovery will solve the problem.i tried doing it using a usb stick and bios files from the support site, but nothing happened. it seems that it havnt started a recovery.i have no idea how to fix this problem and i would be happy to get your help!thanks!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-e5-571-black-screen-will-not-boot/td-p/461855
Relevancy 101.91%

my acer aspire one netbook sometimes boots with an off center screen to the left with the right half of the screen black. this happens about one time in ten in a random manner. I updated the video driver, same problem. the only repair was a new keyboard.
Thanks

A:Acer Aspire One Screen off center on boot

If the image is off-centre only until Windows starts, it has nothing to do with the third-party driver (since the driver doesn't get loaded until Windows starts). Or have I misunderstood you, is Windows off-centre too when it happens? If it doesn't affect Windows I wouldn't worry about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-screen-off-center-on-boot.1069090/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi I have a Acer Aspire E Desktop with Vista OS It is years old and so in the past when I ve had a problem I have successfully used the recovery disk In this case however the recovery disk gets up to the point of a black screen of death and has the message Disk PLEASE Tried HANGS ASPIRE SCREEN ON Recovery - WAIT ACER DESKTOP quot Please wait quot and it hangs on there forever even after hrs of waiting It also has a loading bar at the bottom which goes left to right across the screen and it loads the full bar then stops and hangs on that screen and I have to reboot so I cannot use the acer recovery disc successfully Also generally the computer doesn t load past the microsoft screen even when i don t use ACER ASPIRE DESKTOP HANGS ON PLEASE WAIT SCREEN - Tried Recovery Disk the recovery disk It stays on the microsoft logo with the green bar going back and forth below it and doesn t move off of that even after waiting hours on end I have already tried to hit F or Del to enter the bios settings find the boot order menu and make sure CD-ROM is above the hard drive in priority Also tried f and all the other options At first I could get to a screen with safe mode options and all that and I tried them one by one to no avail Now even that screen will not come up please help as I am totally useless with computers is there anything else I can try or buy to get it working nbsp

A:ACER ASPIRE DESKTOP HANGS ON PLEASE WAIT SCREEN - Tried Recovery Disk

By "recovery disk", do you mean the disk that has the option to repair Windows start-up? That could help if so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-desktop-hangs-on-please-wait-screen-tried-recovery-disk.998656/
Relevancy 101.05%

I did a clean factory reset on windows using the acer recovery option nbsp Everything was fine until I tried to update to windows I had done the free windows earlier on this machine with no problems nbsp After windows installed and the system was done on screen V5-122p boot Aspire stuck Acer updating the system said it needed to Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen reboot and now it wont boot up nbsp It is stuck on the acer boot up screen nbsp I have tried every Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen option in the recovery section that pops up after unsuccessful nbsp reloads nbsp It just hangs on the acer screen It wont let me boot to safe mode I cant reset I cant restore I don't nbsp care about the files on the pc I just want the pc to be functional again I have a good restore image on a usb drive but the only way it works is within windows with the acer recovery option nbsp When I try to do the restore or repair options it just says this pc cant be repaired nbsp I even tried tried the windows installation recovery media and recovery using a usb drive and I get an error on that nbsp I have tried everything I can think of nbsp Right now the laptop is a brick nbsp Does anyone have any ideas on a way to repair this thing to make it boot up Thanks in advance for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-stuck-on-Acer-boot-screen/td-p/452530
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi everyone! I really need some help with my acer aspire l320 mini pc. It is over a year old so not under warranty anymore. It was working just fine till now but now i can't make it boot up. When i turn it on the power led is on and the network led too if it's connected. The hard drive led only flashes up right at the beginning then nothing. On the screen absoulutely nothing can be seen. (monitor is fine, up and running with an other computer). I've checked memory modules and processor all fine. Fans are working as well. Every USB charges my mobile so i guess that's working too. I'd truly apprechiate any help, suggestion (service would charge more than what is worth). Thank you very much! M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-l320-black-screen-doesnt-boot-up.810516/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello I am working on an Acer laptop that boots screen boot Aspire logo Acer goes 7520 windows black during after normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the Windows sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Reset BIOS to defaults Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Tried Last Known Good Configuration Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Please help me get this stubborn laptop to output video normally

A:Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot

Hi it sounds like the driver might not be loading or the graphics is failing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7520-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo-during-boot-685827.html
Relevancy 97.61%

can anyone help, i restarted my aspire 1642wlmi last night. when i restarted it everything was going normal untill it got to the blue screen that says acer aspire series, before the users of the computer show up. it just freezes on that screen. i've restored all the default settings and that hasn't done any good. thanks for your help on the matter. i do appreciate any info that you can give me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-boot-up-past-the-blue-acer-screen-acer-aspier-1642-a-323847.html
Relevancy 93.31%

When I turn my acer laptop on it goes to the acer splash screen for 5 seconds and then resets itself and keeps doing this. No attemp to boot. Called acer and they said is was because the computer was upgraded to Windows 10 and the computer isn't compatible with Windows 10. I have been using Windows 10 since it was released and haven't had any issues. I don't know how to remove Windows 10 if I can't even get to boot screen.

Relevancy 91.59%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 91.59%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I want to install a wireless Lan in my desktop. Which card is compatible with my PCIe slot? Also where is my slot? If someone has an image, could you please post. Any help would be greatfully accepted.

A:I have an Acer Aspire xc 603 G desktop.

these are the official Wlan model from Acer:WLAN AR5B22 2T2R COMBOMPCIE LP EXTERNAL DA.10211.00XLite-On Lite-On WCBN611AH WLAN 2T2R Combo+mPCIe with Low Profile+External Antenna  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-xc-603-G-desktop/td-p/445041
Relevancy 91.16%

I just purchased an ACER ASpire R13 at costco and am looking to use it as my desktop also.  I wanted to know what equipment is recommended to do this, docking station, additional external hard drive, etc. and any tips/advice on setting it up.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:ACER Aspire R13 set up as desktop

I'd start with a Mediasonic docking station, external keyboard, mouse/trackball. USB DVD BluRay burner, external GB drive for backup, two 24" monitors, and a wired gigabit line. That is what I have.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/ACER-Aspire-R13-set-up-as-desktop/td-p/425546/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

I want to install a wireless Lan in my desktop. Which card is compatible with my PCIe slot? Also where is my slot? If someone has an image, could you please post. Any help would be greatfully accepted.

A:I have an Acer Aspire xc 603 G desktop.

these are the official Wlan model from Acer:WLAN AR5B22 2T2R COMBOMPCIE LP EXTERNAL DA.10211.00XLite-On Lite-On WCBN611AH WLAN 2T2R Combo+mPCIe with Low Profile+External Antenna  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-xc-603-G-desktop/td-p/445041/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 91.16%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 90.3%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 90.3%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 90.3%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 90.3%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Helping a friend try to make an Acer Aspire M desktop often desktop Aspire Acer crashes ca late work OS is -bit Vista The computer belonged to an older gentleman who rarely used it and never updated it so I started by cleaning out the garbage with CCleaner then updating Vista thru SP During the update processes it crashed - time BSOD Last thing I installed on it was Google Earth which crashed it if you attempted to drag the border of the GE window out to make it larger and sometimes just when GE Acer Aspire desktop crashes often loaded The computer came with the minimum GB RAM required to run Vista and it was VERY slow doing everything so I suggested replacing one of the MB memory DIMMs with a GB DIMM which we did so we now had GB of RAM Some things especially the bootup went much faster thereafter but it was still a slug otherwise So took the drastic step of a destructive recovery using the disks Acer provides and during that process Acer Aspire desktop crashes often it also crashed a couple of times After the recovery started to download install the updates Crashes started again Thinking that maybe one of the original MB DIMMs might be bad and of course it was the one we left in So swapped it for the one we had pulled Made no difference so the memory is not what causing the problem Checked to make sure all cables were not loose ran Speccy to check the CPU s temperature usually - degrees C and the drive s temp degrees C so crashes aren t due to overheating Software originally came with Norton Internet Security which can cause problems so early on I installed the Norton Uninstaller removed NIS and replaced it with Avast Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware Scans revealed infections of any kind Also did a chkdsk f on the drive found no errors So what do you think ails this computer nbsp

A:Acer Aspire desktop crashes often

Isn't this the same computer?

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1010752-google-earth-crashes-computer.html

Since it's basically the same problem, we'll have to close one of the threads. Which one would you like to leave open? Or I could merge them both together as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-desktop-crashes-often.1010860/
Relevancy 90.3%

Will my ACER Aspire be good enough for me to work from home as an independent contractor? I was hoping to use dual monitors with it too but it has only one VGA. Could I use the HDMI to set up the second monitor if I purchase the right adapter? Thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-ACER-Aspire-AXC-603-UB17-desktop-Will-this-be/td-p/463163
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys
ive just been given the above desktop the previous owners say they did a system restore & since then all icons are missing cant connect to internet etc. There is no xp cd the pc starts up ok but after that nothing.Ive tried various pressing down keys & tapping keys to return to factory settings but no luck

Relevancy 90.3%

Running windows 10 from 8.1. when i go to all control panel items-devices and printers,my computer is picturedthere highlighted in yellow. When i right click on it it says driver is unavailable-needs trouble shooting. When run the trouble shooter it says the driver for Unknown device is not installed so i applied the fix for this.but after restarting i stll have the problem.  I tried a few more times to apply the fix.but i still get Unknown device is not installed. Any help would be appreciated.  The computer is running great but i like this to be fixed...

A:Acer Aspire tc605 desktop

Hello, You'll find all drivers here:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4958;-;Aspire%20TC-605

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-tc605-desktop/td-p/425168/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello, i have an Acer Aspire m7720. And i want to fully disable the front touch screen. Because the left arrow its blocked and i can't do nothing on my computer. It is possible ? 

A:Acer Aspire M7720 desktop

i think it's possible.unscrew the four screws in the back, take off the case panel and have a look where the front panel cable is attached to the mainboard.Disconnect the related pins/cable

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-M7720-desktop/td-p/462779
Relevancy 90.3%

hi can anyone help before i take it to a computer shop and pay a fortune to get it repaired.
here we go i have an acer aspire l320 and it suddenly stopped working power light is on will not work keyboard or mouse cannot here fans in other words i think it as died. please please anyone have any ideas. new to this computer thing.thanks for looking
kaz

A:acer aspire l320 desktop pc

hi and welcome to TSG there are a few things that could be wrong your powersupply may be failing and is unable to give enough power to boot the system.your heatsinkfan could have failed not allowing boot. i would look at psu as first suspect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-l320-desktop-pc.845868/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have an acer aspire x3995 desktop. The serial number is DTSJLEQ0262250DD1F9201. Where can i find the system specification? I want to check if i can add a new ssd hard drive and a wireless pci adapter

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-acer-aspire-x3995-desktop-Where-can-i-find-the-system/td-p/435687/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.87%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.87%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 89.87%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.87%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 89.44%

I am now getting messages that my Acer registration was removed and this app is no longer available.  Is this something I need to be concerned about and if so what do I need to do to fix this?Thank you.iamt

A:I have an ACER Aspire X3910 desktop computer, I re...

No, don't worry, that application is just a shortcut to the Acer product registration website.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-ACER-Aspire-X3910-desktop-computer-I-recently-did-the/td-p/447519
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi can anyone help ive been trying for month to solve this issue I purchased two acer desktop computers for my kids printer and monitor included when i tried to install acer printer aspire will not any install desktop the acer aspire desktop will not install any printer epson printer that came with it an error message appeared could not install driver for which i had a cd then i tried downloading the drivers still no go this happened with my brand new hp c all in one as well I have uninstalled and installed so many times that I just want to take these two brand new acer aspire and throw them in the street I have emailed there websites both hp and acer and epson and followed all of ther instructions but still i can t figue it out when i update the drivers from the web msg driver download complete when i check the device manager and click on the printer properties to update drivers msg drivers are already installed and that this devise is working properly but its not can anyone help if so thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all I m new here I just finished typing up a well thought out post only to be asked to log in after hitting post and to find I had to start again GRRRRRRRRR Ok so I will start again and keep it short and brief this time I need help please I want to upgrade my computers RAM I m a begginer Upgrading Desktop Acer Help Ram T300 Please? on Aspire by the way but try my hardest to understand and research all I can I m glad to have found this forum cause it s a speedier Help Upgrading Ram on Acer Aspire T300 Desktop Please? process having people experienced in the area to look to for advice apposed to trying to learn it Help Upgrading Ram on Acer Aspire T300 Desktop Please? all on my own and figure it out Anyways my computers details are Acer Aspire T Desktop PC Windows XP Home Help Upgrading Ram on Acer Aspire T300 Desktop Please? Edition bit Intel Celeron CPU GHz mb Ram I m a beginner and have been doing extensive reading on how to upgrade Ram ect Basically my computer sucks and it is forever out of virtual memory From what I ve read the amount of Ram I have is pathetic So I want to upgrade to the maximum amount of Ram my computer can handle GB I ve been on crucial com and it recommended that to do this I get two of these GB -pin DIMM DDR PC memory module CT Module Size GB Package -pin DIMM Feature DDR PC Specs DDR PC CL Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR V Meg x I ve been looking around locally as I live in New Zealand for compatible Ram that I can get to upgrade and have come across a few places But one that I found new and cheap on a online auction site and I wanted to ask if it was compatible with my computer The details of these modules are HYS D HBR- -B ADJ GB p PC CL c x Registered ECC DDR DIMM Now I know the GB pin PC CL DIMM is what I want BUT The ECC x Registered c specs are what have me confused and unsure because Crucial com s recommendation has NON-ECC while the online auctions site seems to have ECC quot quot has x quot quot has x quot quot has Unbuffered quot quot has registered And the online auction sites module specs c I don t even know what this refers to I think unbuffered ist he opposite to registered Is this right And if so does that make this module incompatible Also the difference between the x vs x does this also make it incompatible And NON ECC vs ECC incompatible I ve just been trying to find some reasonably priced Ram modules to upgrade my computer localy in NZ however failing that I will bite the bullet and order from crucial if I have to assuming they accept international orders and shipping is reasonable I simply want to be able to multitask doing things such as having a couple tabs open in Firefox listening to music on windows media player having Windows Live Messenger running and active Having a software program open that I use Also a document or spreadsheet ect All while being able to do them all simultaneously and not have my computer lag and become inefficient I need it to do what I require and Upgrading Ram seems like a very cost effective way that I hope will solve this problem I have already read many articles on disabling unnecessary startup programs and services and done that I make an effort to keep my PC tidy and clean with regularish quot house keeping quot of my computer Disk clean up CC Cleaner Updates Removing Unnecessary files and programs Degragging when necessary ect With upgrading my Ram alone from my current Ram to GB allow me to multitask in the way that I need to Or is there more involved that I m unaware of As much as I d love to upgrade my whole system that s not really feasible at the moment due to finances but I think Upgrading Ram is doable if it means that It will allow me to multitask like I need to Any feedback advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I anxiously look forward to any replies Thank you in advance And this time I m going to copy this whole post before submitting in case the same damn thing happens lol Miss CrazySexyCool nb... Read more

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I just purchased an Acer Aspire X3400 desktop with Triple Core, 3GB memory, 640 GB hard drive and would like a rating on this machine. I have 30 days to make up my mind weather I should keep it or not.

Thanks Rose:

A:Acer Aspire X3400 desktop Rating

Quote:

Hi I just purchased an Acer Aspire X3400 desktop with Triple Core, 3GB memory, 640 GB hard drive and would like a rating on this machine. I have 30 days to make up my mind weather I should keep it or not.

Thanks Rose:

Are you looking to see if other people think that its a good machine? Its kind of a subjective answer. What are you looking to use it for?

Looking at the product page for the X3400 desktop on acer's website, it says the computer comes with 4gb of ddr3, maybe just a typing error?

Acer X3400

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-x3400-desktop-rating-505628.html
Relevancy 89.44%

hello Desktop XP Vista Acer to - Q6600 Pro Aspire all its me again i was just wondering if anyone can help me i want to buy this pc its a Acer - Aspire Q Desktop it comes with vista but i don't really like vista as you can tell form some of my other i want to put xp on it would i have any problem if i do Warranty Terms - Parts year limited Warranty Terms - Labor year limited Product Height quot Product Acer - Aspire Q6600 Desktop Vista to XP Pro Width quot Product Weight lbs Product Depth quot Processor Brand Intel Processor Intel Core TM Quad Processor Speed GHz System Bus MHz Cache Memory MB on die Level System Memory RAM GB System Memory RAM Expandable To GB Type of Memory RAM DDR Hard Drive Type SATA rpm Hard Drive Size GB Graphics ATI RADEON HD Video Memory Up to MB dedicated up to MB allocated by Windows Vista Personal Video Recorder PVR No TV Tuner No MPEG Yes Audio High-definition audio -speaker support Speakers External stereo Built-in Web Cam No Modem None Network Card Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ- connector Wireless Networking None Recordable DVD Drive Yes double-layer DVD RW CD-RW Recordable DVD Drive Speeds x DVD R DL x DVD-R DL x x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x DVD-RAM x x CD-RW Direct-Disc Labeling No Digital Media Reader or Slots Yes digital media card reader Total Expansion Bays External quot quot Internal quot Available Expansion Bays External quot quot Internal quot Total Expansion Slots PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR Available Expansion Slots PCI-E x USB Ports front rear IEEE Ports S-Video Outputs None Additional Audio Video Connectors DVI SPDIF Serial Ports Parallel Ports Game Ports None Keyboard Description USB keyboard Other Control Devices mouse etc USB optical mouse Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Software Included Adobe Reader Microsoft Works NTI CD-Maker Gold and more and if anyone know of a better deal for the same price plz let me know

A:Acer - Aspire Q6600 Desktop Vista to XP Pro

hello ,

check this site out they have some real good deals

follow this link

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-q6600-desktop-vista-to-xp-pro-214663.html
Relevancy 89.44%

This aspire computer when i press the on button it will power on but no picture on the monitor. What i have tried so far, i took the 2 memory chips which are 1gb each, then i installed 2 512 gb then i powered the computer and still no picture on the monitor. i also changed the 2 chips to the other slots and still no picture . I even used another monitor but no picture. please help.

tonchis

Relevancy 89.44%

hi, i desperately need sound driver for acer aspire m5600 desktop. i just reinstall my desktop using windows 7 x64 and all the sound disappear. thank you very much for the help...

A:driver for desktop acer aspire m5600

Welcome to seven forums tflazio: The only drivers that are avalible on the Acer site for the Conexant Audio drivers are 32 bit drivers Acer Support - Drivers & Download I also checked the windows update catalog(only 32bit XP) and the Acer drivers are more current. Please go to device manager.click on audio>properties>details tab>drop down menu> hardware id. Copy and paste the ID srting and maybe someone can find a workable driver. Through some searching it seems that that chip has been used by various other laptop manufacturers and some have supported Vista. Thanks Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46798-driver-desktop-acer-aspire-m5600.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello all I've registered and am now making my first post on Tech Support Forum because I'm fed up with the crashes freezes and the Aspire desktop Acer M5800 often crashes BSOD my Aspire M Acer Aspire M5800 desktop crashes often has been giving me for close to a year now While I consider myself computer literate I am not as knowledgeable as most of the posters here so I am grateful for any help given Here are Acer Aspire M5800 desktop crashes often my computer's specs OS - Windows x Originally running Windows Vista upgraded with Acer Windows upgrade promotion OS from disc not original System purchased in August of Windows installed in February of CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz CPUs GHz MB RAM Video Card Acer Aspire M5800 desktop crashes often ATI Radeon HD Series - Driver Date is MotherBoard I assume 'Mainboard' is the same thing If so Chipset Type Intel G Express Data Bus Speed MHz Power Supply - Acer Power Supply - Watt The BSOD has appeared many times over the past year after an array of activities on my computer from browsing the web on FF or Chrome to playing games like WoW or Civilization or listening to music on iTunes It seems to crash without fail when I am using a lot of memory RAM When running Memtest with several windows open simultaneously as recommended by the program the computer lags along predictably before BSOD'ing This leads me to believe this is a memory-related issue In terms of which BSOD messages I have received off the top of my head I can list SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION MEMORY MANAGEMENT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Often times the computer beeps loudly which I've learned is its way of letting me know there is a system error Tonight there was a loud - second beep following by a quick beep the computer then was unable to start up I am currently without a blank CD to run the HDD tests explained on the sticky on this forum I'll be running out to buy a stack Monday to provide this info I'd rather wait for feedback from this community before opening my computer I'm very cautious cracking it open Thanks Edit Forgot to mention my computer at times does not sound the usual beep at start up and its fans are either off or quiet When this happens a 'CMOS Checksum Bad' message appears

A:Acer Aspire M5800 desktop crashes often

Hi -

The 6 dumps were inconclusive.

The BEEPs indicate hardware failure - PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes

Run the Driver Verifier -- http://sysnative.com/0x1/driver_verifier.htm

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sun Jan 23 23:24:30.148 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.740
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTimerWaitTest+1b0 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KiTimerWaitTest+1b0
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffff500`10cb52c8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`030c32d0
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jan 23 19:06:48.518 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:52:24.484
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: DDMService.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT_LARGE
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000096 fffff800`030c5973 fffff880`08e72f60 00000000`00000000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jan 23 13:50:03.614 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:15:50.206
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDispatchException+1b9 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: Wow.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_nt!KiDispatchException+1b9
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`030ed45f 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`ffffffff
Debug session time: Sat Jan 22 12:27:09.400 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 15:06:34.367
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+3d08f2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_atikmdag+3d08f2
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`80000003 fffff880`049f88f2 fffff880`068348c0 00000000`00000000

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.sysnative.com

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-aspire-m5800-desktop-crashes-often-545985.html
Relevancy 89.44%

My daughter started college she got a acer aspire 5251-1513 from wal mart couple months ago. when she goes on explore and back to desk top the icons freeze up so she can t use her desktop. any idea's how to fix this problem? I guess returning the computer is one way. but it could be a simple fix maybe ???
so if anyone has this problem or would like to send me answer how to solve this problem thank

A:window 7 acer aspire desktop problems

try reinstalling the operating system see if works if not refund for the desktop at walmart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-acer-aspire-desktop-problems-516281.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which nbsp it fails each time The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to Acer E5-571 Acer Aspire Center Care download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem by printing out a lot of information on it But I found out that this is an easy fix So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all on one of these printouts was the solution nbsp In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive The default is AHCI Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface nbsp This needs 5517, to Had I Hi, Acer Replac... Have an Acer Aspire to be set to IDE Mode using F key to change it over As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition After setting the mode do not forget to Save and Exit nbsp I'm going to add this just because ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site NOT GOOD ACER nbsp I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replac... problem nbsp Later Fred

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-I-Have-an-Acer-Aspire-Acer-5517-Had-to-Replace-HD-Got-Error/td-p/438360/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired Acer Care Aspire Center E5-571 Acer and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center nbsp it fails each time The only Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

A:Acer erecovery management (v7.7.3) acer aspire 574...

It's now four and a half hours since i started the restore operating system and retain user data and the screen is exactly the same. is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal? Please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902
Relevancy 88.58%

My laptop came Aspire E15 won't Acer boot with Windows Acer Aspire E15 won't boot and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E15-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

I have an Acer Aspire ZC desktop which i been having problems with for the past few weeks This is needed very badly it is used for my business which i use the internet all day and credit card sales Unfortunatly i didnt have an internet security on it at the time When i rebooted my computer weeks ago the acer logo would appear and it would show it is loading but would never go past this part I am very frustrated I have tried to go to last know config ive tried the Alt F and tried system restore system reset and also in the BIOS I was told to make sure the D D was enabled which it was that didnt work Im not to bad on computers and have fixed these problems before but not this time I am running windows Im in desperate need of this running properly asap I registered today as i was told that the answers are here so if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it Thank You

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-will-not-boot-Please-help/td-p/463312
Relevancy 88.58%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was Acer Aspire boot E5 won't normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No Acer Aspire E5 won't boot hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

My son's Acer Aspire AM5100 won't start. Fans didn't even start. Opened, found tons of crud on CPU heat sink, removed fan, cleaned off heat sink, replace fan. Still no start. Removed CMOS for one hour, held power button on for one minute. Fans finally started but no boot. No beep. Reseated all plugs, removed and reinstalled RAM. No burn marks on Mobo. What next?

Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

I fell asleep with my laptop on my bed and in the morning I found it on the floor open. It didn't seem to receive any external damage at all, though every program froze up. Thinking that it would help, I turned it off and turned it back on. Now it won't boot past the acer logo. It gets to the green acer logo and just stays like that. Can someone please help? This is the only laptop I have and will have fir a while.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/acer-aspire-will-not-boot/761.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I've had the netbook for about 2 years, and it has performed very well.

One night I shut it down normally and the next morning when I turned it on windows XP Home edition started normal for about 20 secs, and a fast blue screen comes up which I can't read.

Then a b&w screen comes up saying windows could not start, and gave me several options. I've tried them all.

What happens is windows tries starting but I always come back to the black and white screen.

I can't get into safe mode.

I have the factory restore disks, but don't want to lose the data on the hdd.

Is the hdd toast?

A:Acer Aspire One won't boot

On the Safe Mode menu there is an option to disable the automatic reboot. That will allow you to check the blue screen for error codes.

When you say you can't get into safe mode does that mean you get the blue screen when booting to safe mode also?

Chances are the data is fine but there's no way to know without additional testing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-559819.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows Acer Aspire boot E5 won't with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding Acer Aspire E5 won't boot the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD Acer Aspire E5 won't boot A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-522g-Warranty-question/td-p/440806/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.15%

Just bought a new Acer Aspire desktop and can't insert SD card into slot - it seems blocked. Is there maybe something that needs to be removed from it before inserting the SD card?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-desktop-SD-card-slot-seems-blocked/td-p/456282
Relevancy 88.15%

hello everyone!!! justa quick motherboard question. my original motherboard failed on my desktop. as a replacement i was given an Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard. i would just like to know this mobo would fit in the aspire tower properly? thanks!!

A:Acer Aspire desktop AM5640-E5550A Tower.

Hello, Yes it's a µATX form factor so no problems. But you won't be able to use the pre-installed version of Windows.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-desktop-AM5640-E5550A-Tower/td-p/421074/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.15%

I've been handed an Acer Aspire E360 desktop that should have Media Center on it but is missing the c:\windows\system32\hal.dll file. The recovery partion (<ALT> + F10) refuses to run also.

I ordered the 6 cd Recovery Disk set from Acer to try and roll this system back to factory.

When I boot from the System Disk it asks for a language and then to insert the:

(RCD[Backup Disc DVD1/CD2])

into the optical drive. After inserting and clicking on OK it runs for a few seconds and ejects the disk then shows the exact same prompt. It just loops on this. If I insert any other disk it complains about a missing file and I have to reboot.

How do I get this system to reload Media Center from Acer's disks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-e360-desktop-recovery-disks-wont.704311/
Relevancy 88.15%

Does anyone know where I can find a motherboard manual for an ACER AMD DUAL CORE AM1201 4050E DESKTOP. The Motherboard is an Acer RS740DVF.

I've checked with Acer support and they tell me that they don't have one (?????).

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I'm having problem with my cousins computer. It's a Acer Aspire Desktop. The computer is working alright until they moved residency to another State. After they set it up, it won't work anymore, It will boot up and will say checking NVRAM then after it won't continue to load, just a blinking cursor.

I tried some suggestions already, resetting BIOS by removing the board battery, jumpers, unplugging drives, modem and memory card but still the same. I'm thinking to replace the battery but I just want to try out first other options.

I really appreciate any assistance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-desktop-checking-nvram-problem.997487/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I've been trying to find the drivers for this machine for almost a week now I actually finally 5201 Desktop XP Drivers Looking an for Acer Aspire for [SOLVED] went out and bought a PCI network adapter for it so I could get this computer on the internet so that maybe [SOLVED] Looking for XP Drivers for an Acer Aspire 5201 Desktop I could let the internet find the drivers for me but so far no luck unless I want to pay money I've already tried the official acer drivers site and when you finally go to use the program for it you need to pay money or it won't work I also tried another one as well and it was the same thing they don't warn you about that ahead of time though I have been to the Acer site that would give me drivers for free but they don't support xp only Vista and up because the computer was made for Vista Does anyone know a safe virus free site where I could possibly find XP drivers for this computer Thanks in advance computersrkool

A:[SOLVED] Looking for XP Drivers for an Acer Aspire 5201 Desktop

If the PC was made for Vista chances are you'll never find XP drivers. Downgrading or Upgrading PCs is never a good idea unless the manufacture supports the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-looking-for-xp-drivers-for-an-acer-aspire-5201-desktop-699166.html
Relevancy 88.15%

It is model number AM -EB P I bought it earlier today from Best Buy and here is the link to it Acer Desktop Computer does Aspire Acer any My not new keyboard. PC brand Desktop recognize featuring rd Gen Intel Core i - Processor AM -EB P Performance amp Gaming Computers - Best Buy Canada My problem is that after turning on the power for the very first time it will not recognize my keyboard I have several different keyboards and I tried them all- including the Acer keyboard that came with the PC Before turning on the power I plugged in both an HDMI connection to my TV as well as a DVI connection to an Acer quot monitor It took me a while to figure out that it defaulted to the HDMI connection I started out by looking at my monitor and couldn't figure out why there was no activity on the monitor But once I switched the TV input to quot HDMI quot I saw the output was displayed on my TV Unfortunately it doesn't seem to recognize any keyboard although My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC does not recognize any keyboard. it does make a quot clicking quot sound when I press keys on the keyboard I tried to press WIN P to change the HDMI output to duplicate both the TV and the monitor but it seems to default to quot side by side quot and the only thing that I can think to do now is to pull out the power cord plug and try to re-boot with just the monitor connected and without the HDMI connection Any other ideas or suggestions

A:My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC does not recognize any keyboard.

Hello.

It seems the sensible thing to do is take it back to the seller and let them sort it while it's under warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248197-my-brand-new-acer-aspire-desktop-pc-does-not-recognize-any-keyboard.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Cannot get Windows 7 updates to dowload. Simply hangs at that screen forever. Have tried the Microsoft Update Fixit tool, and 3rd party tools. What's up? Has Acer disabled the update feature?

A:Older Acer Aspire desktop -- will not perform Wind...

Try running this one. It may look like it is stuck, but it won't be.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Older-Acer-Aspire-desktop-will-not-perform-Windows-7-update-Just/td-p/427437/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi, I unplugged my computer a couple of weeks ago and returned today to turn it back on, unfortunately getting no response at all. Ive tried a different power cable and a different outlet. I've followed directions given to somebody else on here, unplugging....holding power button for 40 seconds....plugging back in and trying to power on, with no luck. The computer is about 3 years old. Is there any advice you can give me?
Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-x-3950-desktop-wont-turn-on.1154673/
Relevancy 88.15%

I want to downgrade the factory loaded Vista to XP Aspire Glitch Vista while desktop XP Acer on converting to pro Glitch while converting Vista to XP on Acer Aspire desktop on my Acer Aspire M desktop I found some detailed instructions on line for doing this but I don t get very far before I get a blue screen error message while the computer is in the process of booting up from the XP disk and loading the files while in windows set-up mode It reads as follows quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps quot Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer quot Technical information STOP x B xF D xC x x I have a feeling that this problem is unique to Acer computers and I m hoping that someone out there will have encountered this already and will know just what to tell me to do nbsp

A:Glitch while converting Vista to XP on Acer Aspire desktop

Welcome to TSG!

Did you:
Slipstream the SATA drivers into a new XP disk or
Provide the SATA drivers on a floppy disk by pressing F6 at the start of Setup when prompted or
Set the BIOS to ATA or Compatible mode instead of AHCI/SATA Native (wording will vary)?
Be easiest to change the controller setting in the BIOS if it has that option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/glitch-while-converting-vista-to-xp-on-acer-aspire-desktop.875007/
Relevancy 88.15%

We have a Cisco wireless rounter and internet provided thru Cant connect wireless internet Acer Desktop Aspire our to my a time warner Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet cable modem My son just moved back in with us and we can not figure out how to get his Acer Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet Aspire AX desktop to commect to our internet When we do network search it pulls up our internet no problem When we hit the connect button it comes up with a box with options add add l information or connect to another network when we click the conect and add addl info it comes up with another box wanting us to list username password and logon domain we have no idea what this is we have tried adding our passcode and network id but it does not work He also has an Acer laptop all he did was turn it on and search for the network then put in the key and password and it was connected I believe both the CPU and the laptop are using windows vista can anyone tell me what we are supposed to be putting into those questions in order to get his laptop connected to our network and have internetaccess He really needs to get connected to the internet there arent even any unsecured internet connections around here he could borrow off of -I He has an online computer class and need to use Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet his desktop because it is newer and much faster than his lapop nbsp

A:Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet

Hi;Have you tried disabling encrpytion on the router and trying to log on ?

Also,make sure that mac address filtering is not enabled
I also note that this may not have come with a wireless adapter as shipped.I am assuming that you have added an external wireless adapter.
Also,May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-desktop-to-our-wireless-internet.1015337/
Relevancy 87.72%

My laptop is a Acer aspire z running windows home premium bit and my problem is my laptop will will 5738z boot. Aspire Acer not not start When I turn my laptop on it starts to run like normal GPU fan starts Disk Acer Aspire 5738z will not boot. drive kicks in and the LED for the on button is working but nothing on the screen I've tried too do alt f for a restore nothing happened I've also tried to plug it into a monitor and my tv Before this occurred it had been turned off during boot don't ask why I cannot answer that and I preceded to take it apart to fix the overheating issue due to acer not putting fan holes on the bottom of the laptop thanks Acer - - and I didn't realise something was wrong with it until I reassembled it and tried to turn it on So I'm not sure whether is corrupt BIOS a hardware problem or corrupt MBR my own personal diagnosis don't know whether it's right or not Also I have tried turning the laptop off taking the battery out letting the motherboard discharge then pressing the power button for a minute leaving it for a minute putting the charger in then turning it on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-aspire-5738z-will-not-boot-647773.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I m troubleshooting the following problem for my parents They purchased a Acer Aspire AS -C G Mnrr quot Notebook - AMD Fusion C- GHz - Red - x WXGA Display - GB RAM or boot won't Acer HDD Ram to Aspire Disks - GB HDD about months ago Last week my father turned it on and it did not detect the HDD and as such would not boot I tried running a Windows Install DVD to repair it It took longer than normal minutes to get to the installation screen and the over all process ran Acer Aspire won't boot to HDD or Ram Disks very slowly hours and to no avail as it was unable to fix the MBR Acer Aspire won't boot to HDD or Ram Disks or any other portion of the HDD Afterwards I removed the HDD from the laptop and used Acer Aspire won't boot to HDD or Ram Disks a SATA to USB connector to see if another computer could see the disk Said computer found partitions which was correct but the primary and secondary partitions would not load and teh tertiary would only partially load After that I decided to just attempt to re-install Windows over the existing drive but was not holding my breath about it as I believe the disk is dead but upon inserting the disk all I could get to was the windows black screen with white loading bar on the bottom indicating that it was trying to load the installer but it stalled on that screen for over an hour at which point I just shut off the computer I ve re-seated the RAM to make sure that wasn t a problem as well Also according to the parents the laptop has not taken any nasty falls Any suggestions or is this thing just a brick now Thanks Joe nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I have a Acer Aspire, which had a boot issue, so it wasn't able to boot correctly into Windows Vista Home Basic.

I ran the Acer Recovery by pressing F11 at boot time. And it was able to recover and boot into Windows Vista.

However after the automatic Acer Launch Install and a some smaller Windows Updates, the computer have the same boot problem as before.

I have tried to run Windows Vistas Startup recovery thingy, without luck.

Have anyone faced this problem before or know what may be causing it?

A:Acer Aspire boot problems

hi,

the best way for that is to use you vista disk if you have one and re-install windows back on it and see if any thing hanges there if you dont have a windows vista disk message me bk and let me no see what i can do for you.

Thanks,
adam w

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-boot-problems-453363.html
Relevancy 87.72%

computer has error message Boot config file missingsome required info. error code 0xc000000d I do not have recovery disk

A:how do i get boot disk for Acer Aspire es!-711

The recovery files are on your hard drive. You should have created the recovery disc the day you bought the computer. Have a look at this:https://neosmart.net/blog/2012/wind...Or you can try a factory restore but you will lose all your files.http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answer...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-boot-disk-for-acer-aspire-es711/1974.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 3680 and yesterday, when I tried to boot up, it gives a black screen, no images, prompts, sounds etc. I can hear the fan and the lights on the front are on.

I have read many posts and tried some things but I am now lost. I have tried;

*Plugging in external monitor - cannot get anything on second screen
*Taking out battery, draining power, restarting numerous time - no luck
*Hitting function keys to try to get to set-up screen - no luck

The memory is very full (close to capacity) althouh I'm not sure if this is related.

I have read in some posts about dowloading BIOS files on a memory stick but I can't find any information specific to the 3680.

Thanks in advance for your help. I really need to get booted up so I can recover and backup a lot of personal files and photos.

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3680-will-not-boot-up.982068/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but ...
I have Acer aspire e1-571 laptop for a while now more than one year. Recently it started to boot really slow. Not the windows part but the time between pressing the power button and Acer logo appearing.. Was very long about 10 to 20 min. I searched for a solution, and I tried removing the bios battery and putting it back. But now it dosntieven boot up anymore. I waited on it all night all nothing. The lights are on I even hear the fan but nothing the screen doesn't show anything.
Could anyone help me with this.
Thanks in advance.

A:acer aspire laptop won't boot up.. help !

Try reseating the memory. If you have more than one stick, try booting with just one stick, and then alternating. Sometimes, it can be the memory slot itself, so try the other.

Also, be sure to have all external devices unplugged: USB sticks, hard drives, mice, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-boot-up-help.1146294/
Relevancy 87.72%

Ok, so my just over a year old laptop fell off of my bed today. When trying to turn on the black acer screen comes up and a few seconds later it restarts. I have tried f 8, just beeps, f 12 still nothing but beeping, alt 10 same. I have tried removing the harddrive and starting it, still nothing. I then tried removing the ram one at a time, still nothing. Could the mother board off went bad? Any ideas? Thanks

Relevancy 87.72%

I have an Acer Aspire M1100 that I bought for my late wife in 2008. It has been sitting in the corner of my living room virtually untouched for 6-9 months. I have not used it as it is using Windows Vista and is incredibly slow in comparison to my laptop.

I have recently decided to try and sell it as I need the space but it refuses to boot up. I switch it on and occassionally the monitor flashes up ACER followed by NO SIGNAL but does nothing else. I have tried different monitors on it and checked all the connections but always get the same result. I can hear the internal fans whirring and the 'on' light comes on but nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 87.72%

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I have an Acer Aspire M Desktop computer that has a boot and posting issue I got this machine with this problem and I'm in the process of restoring it So sometimes it posts and boots and sometimes it doesn't When it doesn't post or boot at all sometimes the cd drive light flashes constantly and there is no live screen at all Other times the cd drive light does not flash but the media card reader light is on sometimes both and sometimes neither If I let it sit like this for about minutes it will restart Aspire Acer boot issues itself and go Acer Aspire boot issues thorough the bios and boot properly Thats only when its cold like if its been off for a few hours If its been on for a while its like every other time Acer Aspire boot issues i turn it on there is either post and no boot or no post at all Ive reset the bios by jumper and by removing the cmos battery It does not beep at all when it does not post or not boot I read that I should try updating the bios but for some reason it wont let me It says quot Error loading driver quot Or quot incompatible with current OS quot I downloaded the correct drivers for the machine and the only one it wont load as far as i know is the bios update I've already replaced the cmos battery with ones i know are good but to no success I checked the ram and the processor to ensure they are seated correctly and they are Any ideas I need help with this Here are the machine specs to my knowledge Acer Aspire M AMD Athlon X processor ATI Redeon onboard graphics It is running windows vista x home premium I installed it fresh The bios version is R -B which is the older one It has GB or memory that I put in when i got the machine it had none These are pictures of what I see when I do try to run the file on that computer I took extra pictures to show which files im opening I transferred them off that machine to my laptop Maybe I'm not opening the file correctly Any help at all would be appreciated I would have tried to load the bios from power on I read online if i hold the fn and escape key it will load it from a usb if i name the files correctly but the keyboard I have that will work with this computer do not have an fn key FML My laptop does but that isnt gonna help me with the acer Sorry I typed so much just wanna be sure you guys are on the same page as me I would appreciate any help Thank you

A:Acer Aspire boot issues

Have you installed SP1 and Sp2 and subsequent updates?

Since the CD lights come one and then nothing afterwards, it sounds like a hard drive problem. I'm assuming the CD drive is the first boot device in the BIOS.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300417-acer-aspire-boot-issues.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I need your help people I have a practically brand new ACER ASPIRE month old max and I was experiencing some reboot failures and also having problems turning the computer on how's that Well for example when rebooting the computer it did not turn back on kept a black screen no sounds in other words wasn't booting So I manually turned it off by holding down the power button and then back on sometimes it took a couple of tries to make it work but usually that did the job The same logic goes for powering it on form the start Now at this moment the computer won't boot up at any means not that I know of I noticed that the HDD light isn't blinking at all So I though that maybe for some reason the computer could not access the HDD the other LED indicators lt is that correct aren't blinking either actually they blink just one time when I hit the power button and then stop The power button stays on So I did some research and found that it could be a BIOS problem the solution I found is for the Acer Aspire One notebook therefore I couldn't figure out a way to make that work on the didn't even try 'cause I know how risky messing with the BIOS is -- Quite a text right there hum Okay so here I'm Can anybody help me please I honestly don't won't Aspire 4553 boot Acer up know what else to do BTW here are the articles I found http apevere blogspot com ck-screen Acer Aspire 4553 won't boot up html http en kioskea net forum affich- -won-t-boot-up A little more research and I found that this problem is called quot The Black Screen of Death quot motherfukc sorry Found this site http www acerlaptoprepairs info there are a few articles showing how to recovery the bios and stuff but there is none regarding my model I'm honestly giving up hope I'm running out of time too Am I in the wrong section 'Cause nobody seems to have interest in helping me

A:Acer Aspire 4553 won't boot up

Well first, if this is a new laptop it is under warranty and you should first attempt to return it for replacement or repair. Making major changes on your own may void that warranty.

If the laptop will not boot at all you could try a power reset:
To perform a power reset:
Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter or the power cord from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button on the computer down for 30 seconds and then release the button.
Plug in the AC adapter or power cord again, reinsert the battery, and power on the computer.
The BIOS upgrades for the 4553 show corrections to a no-boot situation, so you may be on the right track with a need for a BIOS upgrade (but see point one above). The problem is that you need to be able to get into the BIOS to do an upgrade on most machines, so until you can get it to BOOT that option is not available.

Flashing the BIOS is serious business. Do it wrong and you turn your shiny new laptop into a brick. So let's see if you can get into the bios first and check some things. Usually you press the DEL, F2, or ESC key when the laptop first starts to get in (check your screen - it will say what key somewhere). Don't make any changes unless you are sure of what they do. Just check to see you can get in and look around, then we can take it from there.

Also, be sure your model number is exact: 4553 and not 4553g. Installing the wrong BIOS will cause a very bad day.

Your 4553 laptop BIOS versions are here:
Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 4553

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148375-acer-aspire-4553-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 87.72%

My wife's Aspire one (has no hard drive) got an infection, caused a lot of problems, I removed a malfunctioning AVG, and tried to run a Panda scan but it stopped booting up, the ctl-alt-f10 did not give me the boot partition but an error message about a missing .dll file and the message error is 4. I cant find a way to start up in safe mode, I only get the initisl startup screen, then the system goes dead with a blank white screen. Any answers?

A:Acer Aspire One wont boot up. Help

Hello, and sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please follow the steps below.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406660/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-up-help/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello folks,

My sister's Acer Aspire 3002LMI has recently ceased to power on whatsoever. Bought in '05 and run mostly from the mains, it suddenly acted as though it was running out of battery - despite being plugged into the mains - and went into hibernation.

By the time she showed it to me, pressing the power button would just make the battery charge LED flash 8 times - nothing else. Now, a few days later, absolutely nothing happens when I press the power button.

The problem occurs regardless of whether the battery is in the laptop. She never used the laptop without the battery in - as it formed part of the base - so whether it ever worked without the battery is not certain. I've also tried using another power cable, to no avail.

So, any ideas what the cause of this problem could be? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rob