Windows Support Forum

RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

Q: RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/
Relevancy 93.31%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 85.14%

ok i restarted my computer and for some reason my raid drive reads as unformatted how do i correct this and preferably without losing the data. did a registry restore and a memory scan with no affect.

A:Raid stopped working after restart

Does you mother board have an option for ahci/raid? Maybe it decided to go ahci. If so change it back to raid.

My board has a habit of changing things around when I try to tweak it too much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195393-raid-stopped-working-after-restart.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Purchased acer laptop last year...vista home.
A few days ago, the FN/volume control stopped working.
The FN/brightness works fine.
Any suggestions?
I searched the forum but could not find an answer to this specific problem.
Thanks.

A:FN/volume control stopped working

Try pressing Alt+Ctrl+Fn and see whether it works.
You could also try reinstalling Acer Launch manager.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/284326-fn-volume-control-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Toshiba Satillite laptop running Windows 8 which I use for storing, recording and playing back music. Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago when the volume keys on the keyboard stopped working. I still get sound at whatever level is set and I can adjust the volume if I access the sound control slider, but the two volume keys have stopped working.

I saw some advice on a Microsoft web page saying if there were sound problems to change the setting in the 'Human Interface Device from Manual to Automatic which I did but it made no difference.

Can you advise me please.

A:Volume Keys stopped working

Too bad that you waited this long. A System Restore back to a date when it did work probably would have taken care of it. As its been several weeks, its too long to fall back.

One thing that worked on a user with a desktop was to uninstall the keyboard in the Device Manager, then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the keyboard. However, if you have a log on password, this will not work.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/32158-volume-keys-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

damnedest thing.

All of a sudden I have no computer volume on my dell inspiron 1505 laptop.

no - the mute is not on

I've run antivirus and anti-malware and nothing shows up. I've done a disk defrag.

any suggestions to determine the problem?

thanks

A:Computer Volume stopped working

Go to Device Manager (Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter) and see if there are any yellow or red markings by any device.

Post results.

Have you gone through the Sound Troubleshooter (via Help menus)?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183226/computer-volume-stopped-working/
Relevancy 84.28%

Product: L0T64UA#ABA Hello, I have had my Hp Pavilion 15 for a year and a half and I recently discovered a problem while watching Youtube.  I was viewing some music videos and my Function Keys along with the Volume and Brightness keys have stopped working.   I have barely touched settings.  I listen to a lot of music and work on some digital editing on the laptop and if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. 

A:Volume Stopped Working On Hp Pavillion

I also just noticed If I plug my Charger cord It decreases my Brightness  again If you could help it would be greatly appreciated 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Volume-Stopped-Working-On-Hp-Pavillion/td-p/5781188
Relevancy 84.28%

Normally, with Windows 10, if I use the slider and turn off the Volume in my taskbar, if I play a video or whatever, I cannot hear anything. But lately all of a sudden, even if the Volume Control is off, the sound is still on if I do anything on my computer, which is not good because if my speakers are on, it wakes up the person I am living with.

I did a System Restore but it still is not helping any. So in the morning now, I have to try to remember to turn the Volume all the way down on my speakers, or else it wakens my friend.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem please?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53606-volume-control-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

When I try to play a video I get "Volume mixer has stopped working" and I cant adjust the volume. This has suddenly happened as it was OK a couple of days ago. Any ideas please.

A:Volume Mixer has stopped working

Hello Joe

Can you please specify the device and operating system you are using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542950/volume-mixer-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 83.42%

What does this mean and what can I do about it?

Volume control applet has stopped working.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SndVol.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e02226
Fault Module Name: StackHash_b31f
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000a0f32
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b31f
Additional Information 2: 08e97ffeff1515932ea506e54ef94837
Additional Information 3: d5ef
Additional Information 4: a690871bec17203e415902dbc6c4bd0b

The system is Windows Vista fully updated. Toshiba Satellite. Intel Core 2 Duo T5550, what else needed?

A:volume control applet has stopped working

Run the system file checker (sfc) which should replace any defective files. MS instructions are here. Basically run cmd as administrator, brings up cmd.exe window, enter "sfc /scannow" no quotes, space before the / and then Enter. It will take a few minutes. See if there is any difference.There may be other workarounds. There could also be something that is corrupting the file. I didn't think Vista used that file.Edit: Assumed that this occurs every time you reboot, not a one-off crash.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476489/volume-control-applet-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 83.42%

When i open youCam it says " no video device detected. please plug a video device into your computer.
and on my volume bar it says theirs no audio device installed. Please help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3006 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 178738 MB, Free - 30560 MB; D: Total - 12040 MB, Free - 2039 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CF

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/built-in-webcam-and-volume-stopped-working.1063207/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi Guys.

On my HP keyboard are 3 silver buttons which control the volume. up, down and mute.
When you press on one of them, a scroll bar thing appears, and you can see what you are doing.

Now, all of a sudden, the bar does not appear.
The volume control still works when pressing them, but where has the scroll thing gone ?

A:Volume control on keyboard stopped working.

Happened to me before. Did you uninstall "HP SmartMenu"? Check whether it's in your installed programs' list. If it's not go to HP Support & Drivers | United States

Look up your laptop model number by typing into CMD:

wmic /namespace:\\root\wmi path MS_SystemInformation

Download SmartMenu, reboot, and it should be fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/219594-volume-control-keyboard-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have always used my keyboard for volume on/off and up/down. All of a sudden, a few days ago, this stopped working and i have to control the volume via the task bar instead. Can anyone tell me what happened, and can i change it back? I hope everyone can understand that - i'm not very good with computer speak lol

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94143-Satellite-L-series-keyboard-volume-control-stopped-working
Relevancy 81.7%

Acer Aspire AS Vista Home Premium sp bit The above error message shows up shortly after bootup Other symptoms are System stopped closed Copy Service working Shadow was Volume and Restore and Backup Volume Shadow Copy Service stopped working and was closed and Restore fail When manually creating a System Restore Point the failure message is The restore point could not be created for the following reason The Remote Procedure Call failed x BE Also two windows updates fail to install even when attempted separately they are KB and KB with an error code of E E FA Windows encountered unknown errors What I have done so far In Services I checked Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider It was stopped and set to Manual I set it to Automatic and Started I did the same for Volume Shadow Copy In this case the service started but stopped with the same above error after about seconds The dependencies for both services are the same Remote Procedure Call RPC and DCOM Server Process Launcher I checked both and found them set to Automatic and were already Started In Msconfig I found nothing unchecked in Startup or Services At the command prompt I performed sfc scannow It produced a report indicating it found errors but I do not know how to read the file I have the almost MB CBS log file available There is a possibility it could not correct all errors In the Advanced Boot Settings F I enabled Boot Logging and have the ntbtlog txt available as well The drivers it said it did not load are as follows Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS cdrom sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS srv sys Note This computer does not have an optical drive installed I also ran the following malware scanners Avast Home Free resident Full Scan MBAM Full Scan SuperAntiMalware Full Scan AdwCleaner v TDSSKiller v I ran Rkill prior to running these scans A few items were found and Quarantined I also ran Speccy and saved a speccy snapshot of the system configuration I have a feeling some of the issues are related to the Volume Shadow Copy error

A:Volume Shadow Copy Service stopped working and was closed

A search at the MS web site yields a lot of info here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/results.aspx?q=0x800706BE

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538068/volume-shadow-copy-service-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all I have been researching this to no avail Here is the TL DR Old computer died spanned of Dynamic RAID-0 1 basic disks became 2 in volume which had two GB sata drives that 1 of 2 Dynamic disks became basic in RAID-0 spanned volume houses a lot of family pictures and MP s The drives were dynamic and a GB volume spanned across the drives I now know these drives are also RAID- but I wanted to see if I could see any data on them and I had a USB sata dock Learned the hard lesson that a dynamic disk wont be visible via USB no matter what at the time I didnt know it was also a RAID- I put the drive which just happened to be the first drive in my dock and somehow the drive got corrupted and became a basic disk Pop up came asking if I wanted to format which of course I didn't Odd thing is that the partition is intact GB which causes the issue of not allowing me to convert it back to dynamic It would seem if somehow I could just get it back to dynamic everything would work again or would be a heck of a lot easier to repair The issue is I cannot convert directly back to dynamic because it appears I don't have enough quot free space quot due to the partition reporting a GB volume which is correct I have tried multiple pieces of software mostly from Acronis EASEUS and Runtime Disk Director GetDataBack NTFS Raid Recovery for Windows and Data Recovery Wizard Problem is these products don't fully solve the problem and I cannot reliably get the data off The one product Runtime does have is raid reconstructor - but I am not ready to spend and find it also doesn't work for whatever reason It might because it might create a single image from the two drives which is what I need Oh and I am now pretty certain it is RAID- so its not only spanned but striped across the disks which is why some of the photos I did recover on a single drive recovery look interlaced I have made a couple of backups using True Image and right now another raw sector copy using HDDGURU com's tool HDD Raw Copy Tool I have another GB drive I can use to try to fix the issue I also used True Image to clone the problem drive to a TB drive - I was able to make it a dynamic disk Only issue is now that takes up a true GB of space and of that is definitely blank or not correct I cannot join the two drives Also no matter what I do no piece of software finds a file system but oddly while scanning they show complete filenames and paths They even identify the number of files and appear to read the MFT just fine Any ideas TIA

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383234-1-2-dynamic-disks-became-basic-raid-0-spanned-volume.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Can Bitlocker be used to encrypt mirrored disks in a RAID 1 volume?

If so, What happens when one drive fails?
Will I be able to read the other drive?

On another note, would I be able to take that 2nd drive from this computer and put it into another computer and get the files? (assuming I have the password)

Thanks for any help on this issue.

A:Can Bitlocker be used to encrypt mirrored disks in a RAID 1 volume?

Joules, Unfortunately that thread is what I've been posting at since July and unfortunately no one has come up with a good answer.

Was hoping someone here would.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/136941-can-bitlocker-used-encrypt-mirrored-disks-raid-1-volume.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I m trying to help someone with their Windows machine They 1018 and under in listed Laserjet stopped "Unspecified" working; Printers HP Devices told me that there were a lot of updates that were recently applied and I m wondering if one of them was an optional driver update provided from Microsoft for his printer When you go into Devices and Printers the HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers printer is shown but it isn t considered a printer with the icon for it falling under quot Unspecified quot see HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers attached screenshot I ve seen BSOD s HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers result from drivers for wireless adapters and video cards that were delivered via Windows update before so the first thing I tried was to go to HP s website and download the basic driver from their website a very small download Installation appeared to be successful and for a moment appeared to fix the problem because a queued print job started to print But when we tried to print something else the system said there were no printers installed to use again Also for a brief moment the printer as well as a couple of other soft printers like the Fax option and Microsoft s PDF maker knockoff can t remember what it s called did appear for a minute with the green check mark over the correct printer icon It looked like it was fixed for about a minute but then reverted back to what you see in the screenshot without any interaction from us So it seems sort of like a driver issue but perhaps there s some service crashing in the background I don t know Any ideas nbsp

A:HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers

I don't have any trouble shooting ideas on this. Might be best to just delete it and then install it from scratch--using the latest installation package from HP's site if there is one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laserjet-1018-stopped-working-listed-under-unspecified-in-devices-and-printers.1014762/
Relevancy 76.54%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 76.54%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi! I am repeatedly getting the error "Internet Explorer not working" / Windows checking for solution/Last browsing closed unexpectedly , then Restore Session. I went to google to find a fix for this error .I'm being told to Press Window + W key then type in Troubleshooting in the Search box , then enter View All ,then Click IE Performance, then click Advanced etc..... The problem is that when I get to the Search box I start to type in the Troubleshooting and after one keystroke of the T, the computer automatically goes back to my desktop home page. The search engine box will not let me fix this problem. Can somebody help me ? Thanks so much! I have IE 10 and recently upgraded to the windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago.

A:IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1? If you were you would have IE 11
From the Charms bar search System and verify if indeed you have Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56526-ie-10-stopped-working-error-search-engine-not-working.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My mum recently gave her computer to me since she got a netbook and thought that she wasn t getting enough use out of such a computer An error message kept showing up when I powered on the computer apparently this had been showing up for some time It was on the Intel Matrix Storage Manager before Windows started one of the physical disks were listed in red However the computer was still in full working order but I wanted to get rid of the screen that kept coming up so in an attempt to fix it I went into the Matrix Storage Manager s configuration utility and Array Non-Raid :( to Reset now please help and nothing's 0 my Solved: working, Raid not knowing what it would do reset the disk listed in red to Non-Raid Now ever since I ve done that I ve seen nothing except the BIOS all that comes up after Solved: Reset my Raid 0 Array to Non-Raid and now nothing's working, help please :( the Matrix Storage Utility now is a device listing and it says at the bottom DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I inserted an OS disk and nothing would come up Since then the closest thing I ve had to progress was by going into the BIOS settings and changing the hard disks SATA mode to IDE After setting it to that the Matrix Storage Utility doesn t show up which I thought was a good sign at first but then afterwards the same final screen shows up but the message at the bottom had changed Boot from CD Then after a couple of seconds loading it comes up with Missing Operating System Since I ve had this problem I ve tried discs to try and save my own I first tried a Windows xp installation disc but I still had no reaction after it said Boot from CD and carried on to show Missing Operating System I then went on to try the free operating system Ubuntu on disc that also had the same outcome I had a final try at making a disc with something on called Ultimate Boot CD which was supposed to be able to fix problems like I m having but yet again the same outcome Before it s mentioned I have had my boot priority set for CD first Here is a slideshow of pictures I ve taken of the screens I m getting from the computer Note Start at picture and go in a backwards order down to when I uploaded the pictures they came out in a back to front order I will also post details below talking you throw each picture http img imageshack us slideshow webpl id jpg That s a slideshow of pictures of different screens I ve accessed on the computer The first is the basic default start up screen The second is the screen that shows up next The third and fourth are from the menu that shows up when I press Ctrl I when on the second screen and as you can see it s saying I can t create a raid volume because of No disk space The fifth picture is what comes up after I exit that menu or don t press Ctrl I on the second screen The sixth seventh eighth and nineth pictures display me going into the BIOS and changing the hard disk to IDE note in each picture the options on the menu I have highlighted are the ones I go into which take me to the next screens if this helps The tenth screenshot is what comes up after the Philips screen when the computer s first turned on this is after I ve set the hard disk to IDE The eleventh screenshot is what comes up after that and is a slight change from the fifth Computer specifications Philips Freevents MT Intel Core Duo E GB HDD RAID SATA rpm GB DDR RAM MHz x DVD R RW DL OS Was running Windows Vista Ultimate until this happened Please please help me fix this problem I don t care about what s on the hard drive I had already backed up my mums documents and was still in the process of moving mine on there so mine are still backed up I don t care about the operating system going either I have xp or Ubuntu to go on However I just want the computer back up and running cause my mum s flipping out that I ve mucked it up and I ve been toying around on it and searching all over forums to try and fix it for two days now nothing s worked out nbsp

A:Solved: Reset my Raid 0 Array to Non-Raid and now nothing's working, help please :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-my-raid-0-array-to-non-raid-and-now-nothings-working-help-please.917149/
Relevancy 67.94%

I m hoping someone here can help I m very new to Raid so you ll have to excuse my ignorance here I m using an HP pavilion p Y with x TB WD Caviar Green s trying to set up a raid array I ve reached the Nvidia raid array setup utility and it appears I have successfully loaded the raid drivers After doing this I inserted my Windows x home premium install disc and it sat on quot Detecting storage devices quot After a few minutes of this I was presented with Raid disks reserved Raid - 1 for no disabled use raid an Error stating quot No disks reserved for raid use raid disabled quot Then shortly after switches to a message stating quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot I m now unable to reach the Nvidia Raid setup and unable to load the windows disc I m certain the CD drive is good as it works fine in another computer BIOS Mediashield ROM BIOS RPT Copyright C NVIDIA Corp If someone would know what to do from here please share your knowledge Thanks Chris nbsp

A:no disks reserved for raid use Raid disabled - Raid 1

Do you have Windows on the drive now? How did you load the drivers? Drivers won't function without an operating system, so I'm a little confused about exactly what you did.

How did you run the setup utility? Does your machine support hardware RAID or are you using software RAID? Are there RAID settings in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disks-reserved-for-raid-use-raid-disabled-raid-1.1025933/
Relevancy 67.51%

My usb gamepad stopped working suddenly and never work again in this computer

I tried the gamepad in other computers and it works good, but not in this computer, I tried to reinstall windows several times, install all kind of drivers, I tried to configure it in different ways and its not working yet.

I get error code 43 all time in this computer.

any idea how can I fix it?

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60693-usb-gamepad-stopped-working-not-working-any-more.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all I am having a few interesting problems with windows k I have a LG Studioworks E plug and play monitor It is working fine but It is not listed in my Device manager Infact no monitor of any kind is listed here I normaly would not care but I am having problems with Adobe Gamma I will create some custom settings with it everything works fine then when I boot up again they are gone I am rather confused because I remember installing the drivers for my monitor before and seeing it listed There is even a icm color profile saved seen in adobe gamma working. listed, not Gamma Adobe Monitor not settings I am not sure what is going on here Perhaps the driver I installed before is not compatible with win k For this reason I have download win k drivers from LG s website I would like to install Monitor not listed, Adobe Gamma not working. the correct drivers but Monitor not listed, Adobe Gamma not working. I can not find ANY option to change my monitor properties I have a Gforce graphics card and when I Monitor not listed, Adobe Gamma not working. go to it s advanced options under monitor it says quot Defalt Monitor quot and Properties is grayed out Thanks in advance for any answers you might have nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-listed-adobe-gamma-not-working.45570/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have used "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) listing my ACDC file viewer. I listedACDC because after it completes normally each time, there is an error message that says "Application has stopped working." I no longer want to see this error message.I use ACDC 7 for viewing and editing graphic files, here with this Windows 7 (64) system.

I usually select files with Windows Explorer, and they open using ACDC.

When I close the last file viewed, I get this error message that says "ACDSee 7.0 Application has stopped working"Installations of this ACDC on other Windows 7 computers do not have this issue. So I need to resolve it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a0063f4-dcb4-41ea-bc25-ca31ca73058d/dep-not-working-after-program-ends-normally-error-message-still-says-quotapplication-has-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.08%

My internet volume is not working for any videos but the volume works when I'm using windows media player, also the volume mixer for the internet is not showing up. What can I do to fix these problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-volume-not-working-volume-mixer.1001799/
Relevancy 66.65%

Seems when I reboot my computer due to a installation I tried but stopped because of a mistake of windows 7 it now boots to I think it says rollback instead of the 2nd choice which has the working windows 7.

Upon Boot there is a black screen with windows rollback listed and windows 7, if I do not select windows 7 it auto boots to the rollback thing which is just a windows background with a cmd box.

How can I get it to autoboot to the working windows 7 one instead or remove the other one from boot?
thank you.

A:How do I boot to working Windows 7 partition when rollback is listed?

Hi,
Post one of these
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401722-how-do-i-boot-working-windows-7-partition-when-rollback-listed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,My Pavillion 15 notebook no longer delivers sound from the headphone jack.  When I plug headphones in, only the speakers play.  It has beatsaudio sound.  The headphone jack is not listed under playback devices, just Speaker /HP Realtek Hi definition audio.  Im pretty sure there was a device listed for headphones, but it is no longer there. Help.  Also, when I restart my notebook it emits a high pitched echo sound as it appears the mixer shows Speaker/HP and also stereo mix Realtek Hi Definition Audio volume settings move in tandem, but in order to eliminate the echo sound, I have to mute the Realtek Hi Definition Audio volume. Im confused.  Thanks 

A:Headphone Jack not working/ is no longer listed on the playb...

Hey @DPierson,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community! To start off, I would suggest running the HP Support Assistant.The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8) Once you've done that and your drivers are up to date, follow the steps in this document: HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8) Please keep me posted.  You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Jack-not-working-is-no-longer-listed-on-the/td-p/5586108
Relevancy 66.65%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 65.36%

So far i've burned 2 data dvd's using nero and neither are readable by my regular dvd-rom drive(pioneer dvd-120) but they read fine in the burner(optorite ddo405). I'm using 4x memorex dvd-r disks. The first disk I burned at 4x and the second I one at 2x, no difference. I also have a HP laptop with Teac dvd/cdrw drive and it cant read them either. Is there something i'm doing wrong or a setting that I may have missed? The dvd's have avi's on them if that makes a difference.

A:DVD-R data disks not working

Maybe the brand makes the difference. Have you tried with other than Memorex?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-disks-not-working.15445/
Relevancy 65.36%

My Seragate hard drive failed on my Touchsmart PC so I bought a new Seagate hard drive and ordered the recovery disks. During the installation of the first disk I recieved a message that said "The system recovery media does not support this computer. You are not able to restore this system with the media".Unfortunately the recovery disks are the only choice I have of restoring the PC since my hard drive with the recovery partition failed.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Recovery Disks not working

I have just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-Disks-not-working/td-p/5267080
Relevancy 65.36%

My parents gave me their old Sony Vaio PCV-RX650 with Restore Disk#1 and #2. I did a low level format and wiped everything clean but the restore disks are not recongized. They are slightly scratched which could be the problem. The tower has a product registration key for Windows XP Home. Will any XP disk work? If anyone has any anwsers for these questions please let me know! Thanks!

I have contacted Sony VAIO and they will not replace any disks because they said the computer is outdated.

A:Restore Disks not working

As far as the product key for your computer, you should be able to use any Windows XP Home OEM CD to re-install Windows with that key. OEM CDs are the type that computer builders and manufacturers, as well as some people who self-build computers use to install Windows.

As far as the recovery CDs, I assume you have the computer set to boot from CD in the BIOS? Sometimes recovery CDs are also just duds, it happened to me once too.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restore-disks-not-working-182455.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available.  I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator)  and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.I have restarted the computer several times with no help.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Media-Video-has-stopped-working-A-problem-stopped-the/td-p/5786575
Relevancy 64.5%

Hiya guys I ve got a odd one here I see many posts about people s recovery partitions not working and having to order Recovery CD s for the recovery partitions hehe But I ve got one step more what happens when your recovery cd s for the recovery partition don t work Ok a take........ disks slightly not different working. A Recovery little detail here I have a Vaio PCV-RS It s got a c partition for windows xp a d partition for media and a restore partition The restore partition won t work I tried to restore the C partition the computer restarted and tried to access the restore partition I think it did But I get a screen that says quot Cannot determine partition settings This utility will close and your computer is restarted quot So I ordered the recovery partition CD s Guess what They don t work I put in CD one out of seven it does it s thing I think since after a little but it says to take the CD out of the drive and restart the Recovery disks not working. A slightly different take........ machine I do so and it goes right back to the same old trick it s SUPPOSED to go to the next step and start a recovery wizard But it doesn t Now here s where it gets fun I ve taken the HD out and installed it as a slave to another Recovery disks not working. A slightly different take........ computer It reads all three partitions So I happen to know that if I can get the computer Recovery disks not working. A slightly different take........ to boot up normally instead of trying to boot from the restore partition I can go about this a better way Now as I understand it there is something on a computer that places boot instructions on the HD so that when it tries to boot from the HD it ll boot from the restore partition instead of the C partition like normal How do I get it to stop going after the restore partition that s corrupt and can t seem to be fixed by the restore partition restore cds and boot like normally since I clearly see all the proper files are still there remember at no point did the restore process actually start and I verified that the files are there when I installed the drive in another machine What I am trying to do is to boot the machine normally into windows xp which I know to work I m reinstalling due to a printer driver that s stupid so that I can access the recovery wizard there since it won t come up from the boot I know it ll come up from there fine and then I can use the recovery partition recovery cds to fix this issue once and for all Also more detail I have verified that the recovery partition recovery cds are NOT corrupt or defective the ARE working disks so this issue is clearly something wrong with the boot process nbsp

A:Recovery disks not working. A slightly different take........

no responses? Oh well. musta been a hard one.

Well, I'll let you in on the fix.
In this case this worked, in other's, I can't say for certain it'll work but it did this time.

I went to bootdisk.com and nabbed the xp quickboot, it worked but still no boot because my computer said my hal.dll file was missing or corrupt, something I would have never known because I never got that far. So I couldn't figure out how to replace it at first....until I remembered that when the HD was in the other computer I could see the restore partition. I lucked out. I installed it into the other PC again and opened the restore partition. Grabbed the hal.dll file and copied it onto the C partition in the proper location. Then I put the HD back in it's own tower again.
The computer booted right up using the bootdisk and I was able to then recover the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-disks-not-working-a-slightly-different-take.38090/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a laptop Compaq CQ61-411wm 64 bit win 7.....i got some sort of virus so i wanted to restore it to factory settings i ordered the disks and i tried to go to the boot options and let the cd/dvd rom boot 1st disk still will not work any other suggestions?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello the other day i had a problem with my hp g laptop it was using some start up file was missing no big problem i just used my recovery disks i got for hp cant use a new fresh install off a iso disk because my prodect key Using Windows 7 Disks NOT Restoring Working Factory is wore off it took about - hrs to do and everything went fine till it asked to restart for it to take full effect so i restart and a little box showed up saying it wasnt successful it take me thing to save log Details and retry i have retried like time everytime i get this same box whats wrong if it any help i have the log this is it Code ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ P PP BurnBoot Check Failed ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Possible Causes Yellow-Bang occured at Device Manager Some silent-install failure of applications Found failed at PININST BBV Found failed at PININST BBV Found Memory Dump file ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Suggestion Checking REGDEV BB LOG for drivers Checking BBApps log for applications Checking MEMDUMP BBV log for memory dump file ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Note for ODM If you know which component failed in preinstall process after checking above files please OTS it to the component owner Otherwise suggest to contact TWN PDC NB-PreinPM or create PIN-Log and OTS it with OTS Category Image ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ RegistryDevicesCheck Result FAILED FAILED DEVICE Description Synaptics PS Port TouchPad PNPDeviceID ACPI SYN E amp F amp Code PININST BBV PININST Mini-FBI Windows 7 Restoring Using Factory Disks NOT Working starts at Tuesday January RunOnceThese CMD LAUNCHED gt Windows 7 Restoring Using Factory Disks NOT Working quot CMD exe c C System sav Util WMIWirelessOn exe quot START gt Tuesday January Pre-Process gt disabled WOW File Redirection Post-Process gt enabled WOW File Redirection END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished Windows 7 Restoring Using Factory Disks NOT Working in seconds gt RunOnceThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot c SwSetup ocamrk ocamrk cmd quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunOnceThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot CMD exe c C System sav Util Pre-BBV CMD quot START gt Tuesday January Pre-Process gt disabled WOW File Redirection Post-Process gt enabled WOW File Redirection END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot CMD exe c cscript exe nologo C System sav Util TDCTWKs ChangeVol vbs gt gt C System sav Logs ChgVolBB log quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav util TDC MCPP Drivers ATIVideo CMD quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav util TDC MCPP Drivers AMDVideo CMD quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav util TDC MCPP Drivers VID CMD quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav util TDC MCPP Drivers Touchpad CMD quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav util TDC MCPP Drivers TBT CMD quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav Util TDC MCPP Modem CMD quot START gt Tuesday January END gt Tuesday January RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt Ru... Read more

A:Windows 7 Restoring Using Factory Disks NOT Working

Two things you can try:

1. Make sure that you have nothing attached to your laptop during restoration like say a forgotten memory card in the memory card slot.

2. Make sure that you have the wireless turned on in your laptop during restoration. Sometimes the restore process may require an internet connection.

If these things do not get you the results, contact HP Technical support. They may send you new recovery disks. ( I understand that the recovery disks for some models were faulty.)

That said it is a sin not to have created the Recovery Disks yourself when you received the laptop. The recovery Disks created by the users had no problems.

Using the recovery partition to restore would have been the best option rather than the recovery disks.

Again it is a sin that you didn't care to note down the COA key and keep it safe.

I can give you two solutions in case HP Technical Support fails to resolve your problem and your system is not broken. ( There is a 10% chance your system is broken). But both require that you have access to an identical in all respects HP System. Nothing hanky-panky anyway since you own a genuine HP system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/240558-windows-7-restoring-using-factory-disks-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Compaq pressario SR1629UK, there was a huge problem and I need to do a destructive recovery however they PC came with no disks. I have tried an F10 recovery but even tho I repeatedly press F10 the pc starts as normal. Is there any other way I can do a recovery or access the recovery with out disks?

Regards

A:Compaq Presario...F10 Recovery Not Working and No Disks

Hello ladyrazzor, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Try this instead:
Go to your Start menu.
Under Programs or All Programs, look for PC Help and Tools. (or something similar)
Under Help and Tools, if you see it, click on Compaq System Recovery.
You will be asked if you really want to start system recovery, click Yes.

If asked to reboot, do so.
I've never used this method to do a recovery on my Compaq-the only thing I know is the option is there under the Start Menu.

If that doesn't work, you can try something else. Also in Help and Tools, you may see an option to make recovery disks.
You'll need a bunch of blank cd's to do this, then you can use them to do your recovery.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204010/compaq-presariof10-recovery-not-working-and-no-disks/
Relevancy 63.21%

Is there somewhere to go on a working PC to burn recovery cd's? The last time I installed Vista, it prompted me to make recovery disks. I was only able to make 4 of them. I believe there are supposed to be 5 or 6 disks. It won't allow me to finish recovery without the other disks.

A:Burn recovery disks from working Vista computer?

Hi -

Each system manufacturer can have different methods of burning recovery discs. Try this -
START | type recovery - what options come up?

Also, check your system manufacturer's web site - "Support". They usually have a copy of the owner's manual which contains the instructions for burning the recovery DVDs.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burn-recovery-disks-from-working-vista-computer-473836.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've been very frustrated with my computer recently It crashed one day when I was listening to music I rebooted only to find out it hangs at starting windows Tried to go into recovery tools and this or that but kepts getting BSOD Usually Memory related Now I downloaded and Can't Live Disks & Boot working. install. clean not burned a Windows boot disk amp a Backtrack Boot & Live Disks not working. Can't clean install. R boot disk Checked the md hash on the downloads and it checked out Both disks booted and operated on my second computer but not my trouble computer My Windows boot disk hangs at Starting Windows My Linux boot disk hanged after startx And now won't boot due to HDD errors I can post specifics later if necessary Again both disks worked fine on my other computer Thought it was a corrupted HDD so I ran Seagate SeaToolsforDos on a cd and my HDD passed all the tests I also ran MemTest but I didn't really know how to read anything I was seeing Do you think it's related to my memory or something else It seems like I can't really boot into any GUI environments even on LiveCD's

A:Boot & Live Disks not working. Can't clean install.

If the hard drive can pass the long test it's most likely fine. If the RAM is bad you'll know from doing several passes in memtest. It will show the errors very clearly.

Try to boot a linux distro from a USB and see if it work any differently. Also try a boot disc without the hard drive disconnected just to see if that changes anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-and-live-disks-not-working-cant-clean-install-694872.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello all I m having an issue with my Acer in regards to a new hard drive installed Old hard drive went bad Seagate Momentus GB replaced with a WD Scorpio Blue GB I have the recovery disks and proceeded to run them The first time the computer was started up after HDD replacement it did not recognize the new HDD but on second reboot it did I don t believe I partitioned any part of the HDD off didn t know it was needed Answered a couple of other questions that prompted and then was asked to start the recovery disks After the disks were loaded the computer restarted on its own Windows started to go but then I got the message hard not installed; New recovery disks working drive of quot Windows could New hard drive installed; recovery disks not working not complete the installation New hard drive installed; recovery disks not working To install Windows on this computer restart installation quot Press ok and the vicious cycle starts all over again I tried to run my recovery disks again but being a serious novice I don t know to get the computer to read the disk drive in the state its in I looked at some forums and it seems that Acer has this problem because the recovery disks di not come from the new HDD Kind of stuck and unsure how to proceed Very limited in quot computer speak quot I believe this was the first time I touched the quot f quot buttons Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I stumbled across your site while looking for help on recovering my system I am NOT a computer whiz and so some of the information to not disks Used from purchased working ACER recovery system fix this computer is way over my head I figured I would try here to see if it is something I Used system recovery disks purchased from ACER not working can do So I have an Acer Aspire running windows One day not sure why the DOS screen came up and said operating system not found I tried the Alt-F trick which did nothing and I figured I would order the recovery disks from Acer for my particular computer I put them into Used system recovery disks purchased from ACER not working the system hit f to bring up the boot sequence and selected CD DVD drive it Used system recovery disks purchased from ACER not working start to run and them when it got to the Acer recovery page on the partition screen like where it is those lines were blank I attempted to take out the hard drive and put it back in to make sure it wasn't something loose in there To my question I have two computers one is the broken one that are running Windows Home but neither one had a reinstall disk for Windows in case it crashed because it was installed by the OEM Sorry if I didn't say that right I tried making a system disk from the computer that works and put it into the broken one but the one that works is a HP and the broken one is an Acer Now some screen for HP is coming up on the Acer I am lost Anyone with any advice or help with this would be appreciated By the way I am a nurse not a tech person so instructions will have to be explained for the novice Thank you in advance for your help Alexa

A:Used system recovery disks purchased from ACER not working

Oh, I meant to add, that I am currently in school and really need the broken computer to work because it has Microsoft Office on it....

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/392335-used-system-recovery-disks-purchased-acer-not-working.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

I just ordered a Dell PowerEdge Server with 2 IDE hard drives set up in a RAID-1 configuration with a CERC IDE RAID controller (ATA 100/4 channel).

This is my first experience with RAID, so how do I know if this configuration is working? Is there a way, without opening the case and hooking up the individual drives separately, to verify that the data is being mirrored onto both drives? If not, then how would you tell when a drive failed?

When I open up windows explorer, it only shows my 2 partitions (C & D), which is what I expected to see. But I still assumed there'd be a way to verify data on both drives.

Thanks,
Richard

Relevancy 62.35%

Gentlemen I know I should read and followed the pinned piece before I asked for help but given the emergency please excuse me here is what I encountered Blue Screen of death w description says uncorrectible hardware error I guess that's truly bad I did the memory test using sony vaio microsoft OEM memory is good I did the system restore several times although completed and says successful but blue screen keep coming back I went ahead did the CHKDSK took me and half hours found volume CHKDSK failing RAID Intel BSOD/ volume clean but bad cluster but corrected it says then BSOD/ Intel RAID volume failing but CHKDSK clean volume when i reboot windows Intel Matrix Storage Console pops up at lower right hand corner of computer telling me a drive is failing back-up asap seems to me it's port I know I need to back up but given this situation does it mean i have no choice but to expect this solid state drive is dying and can't be repair http i photobucket com albums pp msibanker IMG jpg http i photobucket com albums pp msibanker IMG jpg http i photobucket com albums pp msibanker IMG jpg

A:BSOD/ Intel RAID volume failing but CHKDSK clean volume

Here is the spec of my laptop:

Sony VGN-AR770U Vista Ultimate sp2

Intel 2.6 Ghz

Solid State HDD 320GB set 2 partitions

did not installed any new stuff lately, ran Malwarebites anti malware, clean at safe mode. 

Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612711/bsod-intel-raid-volume-failing-but-chkdsk-clean-volume/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi -

"Autoruns" tells me that several drivers labelled "RAID" are getting loaded on boot/login (marked yellow in the image), but my disks are NOT RAID, just regular SATA and NTFS. Similar question for the multiple USB drivers...? (Win7, 32 bit)

Do I need them, or can I remove them from the startups?

TIA!

A:RAID drivers but disks are NOT RAID - do I need them?

bump!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/245353-raid-drivers-but-disks-not-raid-do-i-need-them.html
Relevancy 61.92%

System Specs:
1000Mhz AMD Thunderbird
Abit KT7A-RAID Motherboard
2x 30GB 7200RPM Quantum Fireball AS Harddrives
256MB PC133 RAM
Voodoo3 3000
SoundBlaster LIVE! 5.1 X-Gamer
SMC 10/100 NIC

I set up my RAID using the on-board software to create a 60GB RAID-0 config using the 2 30GB harddrives. The manual told me to set all the boot-devices in the BIOS to ATARAID100 so I can't boot off the floppy, but there is no OS on the harddrives. I want to put Win98 on it, but when I start the computer it says "No Operating system detected" at the bottom and stops there. What do I do? If you need any more details just let me know! Thanks!! PS - the two harddrives are on seperate IDE channels and each set to master.

A:KT7A-RAID not working!!! Help!!!

Do you have a Win98 bootable floppy? Did either of the druves have 98 on them before? If you have a floppy you probably have to install Windows from it.
Sorry! Reread your post...you don't have a floppy. Suggest reconfiguring, temporarily, so you can boot with floppy. Install OS, then configure the way you want to.

[Edited by Chum on 08-06-2001 at 10:18 PM]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kt7a-raid-not-working-help.50148/
Relevancy 61.92%

I purchased a "Silicon Image" card and it worked for a while but now all of the sudden it does not work. I take the card out and windows xp starts up fine, i put the card in and windows will not even boot up, bad card?

A:Raid card not working?

When you remove the card, is anything attached to the card? If you have nothing attached and remove the card, now the system boots fine. I would say a bad card; something died on it. If there is a drive attached to the card, try booting with the drive disconnected completely from the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-card-not-working.310071/
Relevancy 61.92%

Thank you for looking at my problem I put in a a sata card for my friend, and a blu-ray burner. But for some reason the computer seems to see it as a cd drive. I open computer and it says BD drive, and I can click eject. It will open but will not see any dvd I put in. The sata card is Silicon Image Sil3512 2-Port Serial ATA PCI Controller Card, and the blu-ray is LG WH14NS40K. Is this card only for hard drives? Thanks for any help!

A:Blu Ray not working off raid card....

Quote: Originally Posted by stephenstud

Thank you for looking at my problem I put in a a sata card for my friend, and a blu-ray burner. But for some reason the computer seems to see it as a cd drive. I open computer and it says BD drive, and I can click eject. It will open but will not see any dvd I put in. The sata card is Silicon Image Sil3512 2-Port Serial ATA PCI Controller Card, and the blu-ray is LG WH14NS40K. Is this card only for hard drives? Thanks for any help!

Hi,
If you look under drive properties tab for the LG in the Computer windows and the devices name and model number and type are listed then the SATA card is identifying the LG drive correctly. So the drive will play CD's? Will it do anything when you put a DVD in? Does the drive try to read it? Try a program like VLC VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework! This will play CD's, DVD's and Blu Ray discs. It is possible the LG drive is just plain DEAD ON ARRIVAL and does not work. Your SATA card will be fine with any SATA device as long as you don't try to boot from them without your main bios giving you the option as add in card.
Tony

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262540-blu-ray-not-working-off-raid-card.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings,

Does anyone out there know a way of checking to see if raid-1 is working?

I am running 2 drives with one raid controller card called RocketRAID 133.

I do not wish to break the mirror to check this.
Thanks,
Shandley

A:How can I tell if my RAID-1 Array is working?

You'll have to access the Rocket RAID BIOS to check. I believe it's Ctrl-H during bootup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210548/how-can-i-tell-if-my-raid-1-array-is-working/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I m not sure if I ve got a problem or not - Windows XP Home edition - ASUS A V m b Promise RAID - C is a GB - Windows XP Working?! 1 on RAID non-RAID drive Works fine - I is a pair of GB drives RAID- - Appropriate RAID 1 on Windows XP - Working?! drivers installed The RAID set built fine replicated one disk to the other and when system boots the RAID BIOS shows that it s happy with the RAID set Good Into Windows XP Home and of course my two physical drives are seen as one device Again fine My question is how do I actually know that everything I write to drive I actually gets written to both those physical disks Windows itself makes no mention at all of the fact that we have a RAID set at the hardware level I suppose I could disconnect each disk boot and see whether the disks are the same size for example but it s hardly what I d call a manageable solution And anyway I d like to avoid fiddling with my hardware if possible So RAID 1 on Windows XP - Working?! experienced RAIDers just how do I know that my RAID- set is working OK so that when in months time one of those disks crashes the other one still has my previous data on it Cheers seang nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-on-windows-xp-working.166810/
Relevancy 61.92%

The volume on my computer is not working. I'm using vista as operating system. I uninstall audio device and reinstalled it and still did not work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-not-working.769924/
Relevancy 61.92%

Suddenly about 2 or 3 days ago the volume on my computer just stopped working. It's not muted and I checked to make sure my drivers are up to date. Any idea what could cause this? I'm not too tech-savvy so the solution could be something simple.

Edit: I'm running Vista

Relevancy 61.92%

Here are the specs on my lappy HP Pavillion ZV AMD purchased in fall Win RC Build Here is my issue the install and operation of Win turned my year old lappy into a new computer I couldn't be happier However the sound has gone on the fritz It used to work perfectly and now I am unable to control the volume level period Nothing I am even suffering from the volume over-lay the green lettering and meter view that resides on top of the computer screen which makes me think it is the mouse I am unable to control the volume from the controller buttons as well This is getting really annoying I have performed several shut-downs and when the OS load is fresh I can control the volume through the speaker working, not!! is it was Volume now icon Once I touch the volume controls on the mouse logitech Volume was working, now it is not!! mediaplay the volume reduces to aero I can't even get it to go up again but the for speaker icon and then it goes back to zero UGH Here is my spec from the device driver screen Conexant AC-Link Audio Win says all is working properly I am at a loss as to what to do Unfortunately I failed to set a restore point for the system prior to this issue Any thoughts and help are more than appreciated

A:Volume was working, now it is not!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lewiedude

Here are the specs on my lappy: HP Pavillion ZV6000 AMD 4000+(purchased in fall 2005). Win7 RC Build 7100.
Here is my issue: the install and operation of Win7 turned my 4 year old lappy into a new computer. I couldn't be happier! However, the sound has gone on the fritz. It used to work perfectly and now I am unable to control the volume level...period. Nothing. I am even suffering from the volume over-lay(the green lettering and meter view) that resides on top of the computer screen. I am unable to control the volume from the controller buttons as well. This is getting really annoying. I have performed several shut-downs and when the OS load is fresh, I can control the volume through the speaker icon. Once I touch the volume controls on the mouse(logitech mediaplay) the volume reduces to aero. I can't even get it to go up again but the for speaker icon and then it goes back to zero!! UGH!!

Here is my spec from the device driver screen: Conexant AC-Link Audio. Win7 says all is working properly.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Unfortunately, I failed to set a restore point for the system prior to this issue.
Any thoughts and help are more than appreciated!

Im assuming you have un-installed the driver and re-installed it. also did it work before you installed the conexant driver?

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/16095-volume-working-now-not.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
the volume on my laptop works in itunes, but nothing else.
When I go to watch a video on youtube, there is no sound.

A:Volume not working

Youtube uses the Adobe Flash Player. Reinstall the flash player and see if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/171932-volume-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My config is HDD1 backed up to HDD2 (both 500gb).

I don't want to have to use software that I don't need. I'm referring to Intel's Rapid Storage Technology (RST). This is because it wouldn't be compatible if I wasn't using a Windows OS.

How would I then verify my RAID 1 configuration is working? Keeping in mind that RAID setup is done via BIOS.

A:RAID 0 | verify if active (working?)

You could take a look at Disk Management to see if there is only one drive instead of two. You can open it by right clicking the start button, and then clicking Disk Management.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60891-raid-0-verify-if-active-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I built my server yesterday I am trying to get the Raid to recognize both drives I get a message no drives detected when I use the configuration manager that comes with the promise software One of the drives shows up as a promise drive and the other just as western digital I would like to set it up for mirroring Here is my how I have things plugged in to my IDE slots Ide Western Digital gig Ide cd rom Ide Western Digital gig I tried to install after installing the os I followed the intsructions and it did not work It does Only my working Built get raid server now if to show in device manager under scsi raid controllers win Promise MBfastrack Lite Controller So I am kind of lost here Is this the way it is supposed to look Item Value Drive A Description Inch Floppy Drive Drive C Description Local Fixed Disk Compressed False Size GB bytes Free Space GB bytes Drive Description Disk drive Drive Manufacturer Standard disk drives Drive Model WDC WD BB- CAA Drive MediaLoaded True Drive MediaType Fixed hard disk media Drive Partitions Drive Size bytes Drive E Description Local Fixed Disk Compressed False Size GB bytes Free Space GB bytes Drive Description Disk drive Drive Manufacturer Standard disk drives Drive Model Promise Stripe RAID SCSI Disk Device Drive MediaLoaded True Drive MediaType Fixed hard disk media Drive Partitions Drive Size bytes S Built my server now if Only to get raid working M A R T Status Functional Size GB Location Array Mapping Cyls Heads Sectors Timing UDMA Mode Encl Type None Status Functional S M A R T Status Functional Size GB Location Array Mapping Cyls Heads Sectors Timing UDMA Mode Encl Type None Built my server now if Only to get raid working nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

System Specs -
----------------------------------------------------
1000Mhz AMD Thunderbird
Abit KT7A-RAID
256MB PC133 RAM
x2 30GB 7200RPM Quantum Fireball AS Drives
Voodoo3 3000
Linksys 10/100 NIC
SoundBlaster LIVE! X-Gamer
36x CD-ROM
12x DVD-ROM
(using RAID-0)
----------------------------------------------------

I installed the two drives on seperate IDE channels (IDE3 and IDE4) and used the setup utility to set them to create a 58GB RAID-0 array. Then I started up using the Windows 98 Startup disk and used FDISK to set the partition. Now when I start up the computer I get an error message saying "No Operating System Installed" and the computer hangs there indefinetly, even when I have the Windows 98 Startup disk inserted. Any advice would be more than welcome! I've been struggling with this for a while! Thanks.

A:Abit KT7A-RAID not working!!!

did you solve this problem or do you still need help with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/abit-kt7a-raid-not-working.49862/
Relevancy 61.49%

Why is it that Chat support nbsp is so clueless nbsp I have an issue with the LSI RAID controller ports on a system we just unboxed I cannot get all drives to be recognized using the LSI ports but the drives GB are seen fine with the Intel Ports nbsp I tried to do a chat to see if there was a way to reset RAID controller working LSI not z820 the RAID controller or something nbsp Instead I spent minutes trying to get the person to understand that the Z has onboard RAID controllers nbsp here is my chat transcript nbsp Print active chatProblem description I am trying to set up a RAID array using the onboard LSI controller and it will only recognize drive bays amp of the I plugged z820 LSI RAID controller not working the sata connectors into the Intel RAID controller and all drives were recognized right away Thursday September PM -- Automatically generated message This is an automated message Your request has been received by the Technical Support Center and has been queued until a support analyst is available Support for HP Inc and Compaq desktops and Workstations is available hours a day days a week You will receive a response to your support request in minutes or less Thursday September PM -- Automatically generated message A Support specialist Har bleep ha K has been assigned to your case z820 LSI RAID controller not working Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Greetings My name is Har bleep ha from HP Active Chat Support How are you doing today Wayne Thursday September PM -- Automatically generated message For reference your Case ID is Thursday September PM -- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says well it has been a prety crazy day to tell the truth Thursday September PM - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says this issue seems to mean there is a motherboard issue unless you know some tricks Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says I'll try and help you with that Wayne Thursday September PM - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says ok Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says I understand that LSI controller recognizes only drives correct Thursday September PM - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says yes Thursday September PM - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says Intel sees all Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Alright Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Wayne could you please confirm the following detailsProduct number LJ AVEmail address Country Please specify Thursday September PM -- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says yes USA for country Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Thank you for confirming Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Wayne please allow me few minutes while I check abut the specification of the unit Thursday September PM -- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp says ok Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Thank you for your patience Thursday September PM -- Har bleep ha K says Wayne may I know the model of the LSI card that is been installed HP Inc Instant Support Professional Edition nbsp nbsp nbs... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z820-LSI-RAID-controller-not-working/td-p/5756835
Relevancy 61.49%

hello friends okay interesting as working RAID and up coming ALL devices not problem this time around I just swapped my computer to a new case and in the process was going to simply re-install everything and start from scratch so i did the following cleared CMOS to reset bios and booted into UEFI changed the sata mode to RAID so I can pair my two gb drives in raid did that and then booted back into UEFI to set the boot order dvd ssd raid drive well for some reason the description for my drives have changed and for the life of me i can't get them back they USED to say when everything was working UEFI dvd-rom UEFI - ssd SATA dvd-rom SATA - ssd RAID - Maindrive but NOW everything reads as raid even before i have paired anything in raid they all ready RAID SSD RAID dvd-rom RAID gb- RAID gb- and nothing is working now i've cleared cmos times now to try to get it to work but everytime i change sata mode to RAID the above happens it used to ALL devices coming up as RAID and not working work fine i don't get what happened to my stuff but its pissing me off because even win install is BSODing after seconds of starting the install on the SSD any help much appreciated

A:ALL devices coming up as RAID and not working

only IDE mode (out of IDE, RAID, AHCI) gets any of the drives to work. I just don't know what would have messed everything up! RAID mode now things EVERY SATA port is a raid device, including my DVD drive which just isn't possible and nothing is working anymore in RAID mode....

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14437-all-devices-coming-up-raid-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Vista system which I just installed I think on an Raid array Asus Striker II NSE Motherboard Gigs Ram Terrabyte WD internal SATA drives configured into a raid arrray Here is the questions I chose a striped array when setting up the hard drives In bios and in the raid utility it seems to suggest that everything is running fine Is Array 64 Working? Raid My Vista Says I have one drive capacity GB Shouldn't it be only Terabyte as I have the drives configured as Raid Is My Vista 64 Raid Array Working? Is this an indication that somethign is wrong So I installed windows vista Installation seems to have gone fine but since I could never find the correct Is My Vista 64 Raid Array Working? drivers via anywhere on the web for Vista on Is My Vista 64 Raid Array Working? the nVidia chipset I didn't install any additional raid drivers now my remaining questions are Is the raid array functional or not What happened If not do I rebuild the array and start over Third question When I restart my computer widnows will not boot unless the windows CD is in the cd-rom drive - even though it is ultimately booting off of the raid drives Please help Kevin

A:Is My Vista 64 Raid Array Working?

Hi Kevin, Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by geographicus

1. Shouldn't it be only 1 Terabyte as I have the drives configured as Raid 0. Is this an indication that somethign is wrong?

No it is correct RAID 0 will show the combined disc size

2. Is the raid array functional or not? What happened?

Yes it would seem so

Third question. When I restart my computer, widnows will not boot unless the windows CD is in the cd-rom drive - even though it is ultimately booting off of the raid drives.

Please help.

Kevin

When you install windows on a RAID you would normally have to give in the RAID drivers from the motherboard CD to be able to see your Drive. Which would show up as one single drive, which you can partition and install to. If you did this then windows is most probably installed.

If it will not boot then you will probably have to install the RAID drivers while Windows is running

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221835-my-vista-64-raid-array-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently had some troubles with my computer which i use a RAID array for my drives. Well since i couldn't gain access to Windows, I decided to put a hrad drive in that has an operating system. Now that everything is loaded up I don't see my RAID drives listed in my computer even though I see that the computer recognized the drives in the device manager. Anyone have any ideas to how I can get around this and gain access to my drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-drives-not-listed.458597/
Relevancy 61.06%

I think I accidently disabled the volume from one program because whenever I open up the program, it's no longer showing up under the "Volume Mixer" as an application. Every other program I open has it's volume working just fine and shows up under the Volume Mixer as always.

My question is how do I get the volume working from that one program again? I was fiddling around with some volume controls when my headphones weren't working (I finally realized I had them plugged into the wrong slot) and can't remember how I may have disabled the volume from the program. I've been searching all over the place for a solution, tried troubleshooting, and I can't find this issue (or a solution) listed anywhere.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Volume from one program not working

Welcome!

What program is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/74180-volume-one-program-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

pleeeease help! on my internet i cant hear anything like videos or music but when i get off the internet and go on like say windows media player i can listen to music just fine there isnt anything wrong with my speakers idk what is up with this...

A:Volume On Internet Not Working

here's what you do, go to control panel, then sound, then audio then sounds in the little box that pops up, then change the setting to windows default or the other different audio options til it works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/volume-on-internet-not-working-157926.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Internet volume is not when I go on websites like youtube, and others the volume is not working but programs like windows media player are working. I have already checked my volume and I also checked the adjust system volume. What can I do to fix this?

A:Internet volume not working

Hi -

You have 2 open threads in Security Help forum -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-579926.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-579972.html

They have been merged - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-579926.html

I am closing this thread. After Security has declared your system clean if you need further assistance with Windows issues, please send me or other MS Manager, Moderator a PM to reopen this thread.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-volume-not-working-580003.html
Relevancy 61.06%

FN Keys Volume Not working Hi Friends
i have a prob with my sony vaio laptop
i bought it yesterday
i can't change the volume decrease or increase or mute from keyboard
its not working

what should i do?

help me plzzzzzzzzz

A:FN Keys Volume Not working

I'm not sure if this will help (or perhaps at least explain), but I found this on the Sony web site: View Document 0 170586639.

Since it is new, I'd contact Sony for assistance at: Sony eSupport - Electronics - Contact Support. I'd give you a more specific site, but you didn't provide the full model number so I can't go any further. They should be more than happy to assist you especially since it is so new.

I hope this helps and, if necessary, that they can help you. I'd try to find out more myself, but again without the model number (and there seem to be hundreds), I can't locate your specific system to check it out and see if there are any instruction manuals or troubleshooting guides or helpful articles or anything. I'm sure they'll help you, but if you end up posting back here, please include the full model number in your post.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/283161-fn-keys-volume-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Friends
i have a prob with my sony vaio laptop
i bought it yesterday
i can't change the volume decrease or increase or mute from keyboard
its not working

what should i do?

help me plzzzzzzzzz

http://www.vistax64.com/software/283131-fn-keys-volume-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently bought a  Dell Inspiron I3168, upgraded the ram to 8 GB. The volume down button on the side is not working. I have reinstalled the Quickset driver and done a reset with no luck. Any possible solutions?

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991717
Relevancy 61.06%

I just bought this Laptop for the wife. HP G60-445DX Notebook PC. The volume keys don't work. Does any one have a suggestion or a fix for this problem. It's brand spanking new with all updates. I contacted HP and they told me that I have to press the fn key and the up/down keys at the same time to activate them. It doesn't work. If I hold down the fn key and press either up/down key then they work. Big pain in the butt, can some one help. thanks.

A:volume keys not working

Originally Posted by bassfisher6522

I just bought this Laptop for the wife. HP G60-445DX Notebook PC. The volume keys don't work. Does any one have a suggestion or a fix for this problem. It's brand spanking new with all updates. I contacted HP and they told me that I have to press the fn key and the up/down keys at the same time to activate them. It doesn't work. If I hold down the fn key and press either up/down key then they work. Big pain in the butt, can some one help. thanks.

Are you sayung that it is a pain to hit the Fn and Pgdwn to enter a Volume lic key. If it is a legit key you could call Ms and ask for a diffrent key.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/245544-volume-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

Help required.  My volume is not working I have tried troubleshooter.  Help greatly appreciated....

A:Volume on computer not working

If you could provide a more descriptive post, we could help you further.
What is the full issue with the sound?
Did the troubleshooter detect anything?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560172/volume-on-computer-not-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

The icon on my taskbar is not function. Okay, when I change the volume through my keyboard it works fine. I can still get into Sound Options (Playback/Recording/Sounds/Communications) but Volume Control, Volume Mixer, and Volume Control Options won't load. Nor will they load through Control Panel.

Strange, they were working earlier today.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1

A:Volume control not working?

Since this is a recent problem, use the System Restore and restore back to a date when it did work. Usually this will take care of new problems. System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools. System Restore will not delete any user date or e-mails.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/142597-volume-control-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I click on my taskbar volume control, it doesn't pop up and it is in the mute condition. I have poked around the computer, but am unable to do anything about the problem. I just downloaded a major Vista upgrade (about 165MB) hoping that the problem would go away, but . . . to no avail. The computer is a fairly new HP table top unit. Can anyone help?

Since I wrote the above, I noticed that when I right click on the volume control, I am unable to open the Volume Mixer . . . must be related. lol

A:Volume control not working

have you tried to unmute form control panel, sound icon, click on playback and click on your speakers and then the properties button at the bottom - then click on the Levels tab and you can click on the speaker to mute and unmute
see if this helps

haven't had to do this before, but if you go to the advanced tab there is a restore default button

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/volume-control-not-working-216689.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Does anybody know why the volume control on my dell D800 just stopped working all of the sudden?? I dont know much about Audio so i have no idea what to check for or do. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

A:Keyboard volume not working

Does anybody know what im talking about?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-volume-not-working.443994/
Relevancy 61.06%

HI all, i have a HP Easynote TK87 laptop, and recenlty the volume control keys have stopped working, i cannot raise or lower, or mute. any ideas, running windows 7 64bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-keys-not-working.1136025/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi i had done a defrag on monday night and when i checked yesterday, it was fine, but now my volume does not work.

it is not on mute, and i can click the bar up and down, but i get no sound..im not sure what to do. thanks

Relevancy 61.06%

I m having trouble getting Low Very Working Microphone Volume Not - my microphone to work I am able to record with it but the sound produced is very faint Only when I hold it close to my mouth and yell or blow into it does any sound register My Microphone Not Working - Volume Very Low sound card is a SoundBlaster Audigy SE and the mic in question is a quot Gear Head quot AU I have done extensive online research about this problem and have done the following The mic is in the correct jack On the SoundBlaster Audigy SE line-in and mic use the same jack In quot Volume Control quot the microphone is unmuted and the volume slider is all the way up Under quot advanced quot the db mic boost is ON Under quot Properties quot the mic is selected for both playback and recording and the mixer device is set at quot SoundBlaster Audigy quot In the Creative Surround Mixer the mic is also unmuted and at full volume I have tried both of my microphones in another computer and they both work fine When I plug a portable CD player into the mic jack with the same settings it works fine In fact I only have to barely crack the volume for it to register I contacted Creative and went through the procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling updated drivers for my sound card Nothing changed A couple of years ago my integrated sound hardware Sigmatel stopped working so I installed the Audigy I never figured out what went wrong but none of the computer s built-in sound jacks work any more I am not sure a microphone ever worked correctly because I never tried it until recently I am about at my wits end dealing with this I realize it is a cheap sound card with a cheap microphone but I would expect it to at least function I mainly want to use my mic for online gaming Sound quality is not an issue After going through many tech support forums it appears others have had similar problems but solutions were never reported Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Model Dell Dimension E OS Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP Processor Intel Pentium D Ghz Memory GB RAM Hard Drive Samsung HD JJ P Video Card ATI Radeon HD Pro Optical Drive HP DVD i Sound Sound Blaster Audigy SE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-not-working-volume-very-low.931378/
Relevancy 61.06%

and i can't figure out why. i have tried all the basic things and still can't figure out the problem. anybody have any suggestions? THANKS!

A:volume not working on my computer

hello ,

have you checked in the (device manager) to see if your driver is intact and working properly ?

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-not-working-on-my-computer-207243.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey Guys So long story short a friend of mine plugged in a hard Card Raid SCSI working/Bios? Not drive to my raid array while the computer was on There was a spark Raid card lost its bios Ive been running the computer M Board Exc is all fine but want to get my raid controller and a raid array back up and working Ive got a HP SCSI Raid Card Not working/Bios? netraid m controller mb Its a pci card Every time I try to power up with harddrives attaches to it i get quot Fatal Error Controller kernel Panic quot w o the hard drives attached the kernel starts but it states no bios is installed So I go to hp download the firmwear install it on floppies try to run it at boot and nada Any ideas Edit O ya on a additional note the computer only recognizes gb s of the gb s of ram The ram is gb sticks that has to be installed in matching pairs to run Running windows nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

ello,

I recently decided to format my hard drives and reload windows xp pro. in preparation for this i was getting the files i wanted to save together and was about to back them up. before i could back them up my friend decided to flash my bios. after the flash my pc doesn't boot up. it can't find the SATA RAID drives i have in it.

I moved around the bios a little bit to see what the settings are and changed a few to see if i could get it working but no joy. i was able to get the sata hard drives to show up but it still doesn't boot to them.

Phoenix - AwardBIOS CMOS Setup Utility is what i am using. i am hoping that i just need some settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:SATA RAID not working after bios flash!!!

With friends like that you don't need enemies , is it a custom built PC or an OEM like Dell or HP??

Normally settings are preserved during a bios flash, but check to be sure Raid is enabled in the bios.

Raid 0 or 1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid-not-working-after-bios-flash.855952/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello to 2003 on 1 mobo RAID working get Trying MSI Server with once again my fellow PC users Got an issue need some advice or a swift slap in the face Whichever comes first I ve got a Trying to get RAID 1 working on MSI mobo with Server 2003 MSI Neo V The MSI info page Trying to get RAID 1 working on MSI mobo with Server 2003 on this mobo is here http www msi com tw program products mainboard mbd pro mbd detail php UID It s important to note that the mobo box is exactly quot Neo V quot It does NOT say quot Neo V quot or quot Neo-V V quot etc It is an MS- Here is the issue This is running Windows Small Business Server Standard Edition We originally set this machine up with a software RAID in Windows But recently the system had some kind of crash and the software RAID was useless for recovery And because the disks were Dynamic disks most recovery tools couldn t access the partitions It was a big mess but we finally got some files recovered After that was over we decided to do a hardware mirror instead And not use Dynamic disks The HDDs are IDE and the mobo which is nForce supports IDE RAID Here is where it gets weird Windows is already installed onto one of the HDDs while we were recovering off the nd So when we were done we stuck the nd HDD in the case and booted up Windows The HDD showed up as a foreign disk etc but we were able to reactivate it and see the old data which is cool and important to note we CAN SEE the data So next we went into the BIOS turned on RAID support for the primary and secondary IDE channels Then went into the RAID program by pressing F Created the mirror and when it asked to quot clear disk data quot we said yes at that point However it didn t work the system actually threw a missing nt loader error WTH We feared the HDD was trashed now because we selected to clear the data But when the RAID set was deleted and RAID turned off in the BIOS Widows booted again and both drives had all data just the way they were Hmmm so no data was actually quot cleared quot Alright stay with me So next today I went into the BIOS and turned RAID back on and set up the mirror again making it bootable and telling it NOT to clear the data Once again it created the mirror called it quot healthy quot and during bootup it says the RAID is good This time I actually get a boot loader asking to choose Server OR the nd mirror drive I forget the exact wording of the boot option But when I select Windows from the list a second later the screen blanks off and the PC reboots While looking closely at it before it reboots I can see a blue screen There was no option in the boot options for turning off automatic reboot so I don t know what the BSOD is or if it really is a BSOD So once again I deleted the RAID set and turned RAID off in the BIOS And once again Windows boot normally and BOTH HDDs had all original data as though the quot healthy quot RAID set did nothing at all So this is coming to a close I have some questions observations If the RAID set is healthy shouldn t one of those drives loose some data as the data is being mirrored Why is the drive perfectly intact When does mirroring actually begin Is that still done in Windows I thought maybe Windows required a RAID driver to be loaded before creating a RAID set but I can t find out what my RAID chip is Just generically the nForce Or perhaps some Silicon or Intel ICH chip I saw somewhere online a thing called the quot NV RAID Utilites quot I thought that was what I needed from nVidia but searching for it found only one page with quot beta quot IDE drivers containing the IDE and the NV RAID Utilites I thought go for broke and installed this but I see no new software for any RAID utilities What the heck is NV RAID Utilities The page for that is http www nvidia com object nforce ide win KXP html You can see it has a driver version and utilities version Anyways that s enough details for now But does anybody have experience creating a mirror set with a MSI mobo like this Or trying to ... Read more

A:Trying to get RAID 1 working on MSI mobo with Server 2003

A quick update:

I just turned off auto-restarting after a BSOD and then setup the RAID again just as before, choosing NOT to clear disk data. This time I actually just get missing NTLDR. ARG. I rebuilt the array, and this time I get the BSOD which gives little detail except the code 0x0000007B. Which MS says could be bad drivers or a boot sector virus (makes sense huh?).

The plot thickens...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-get-raid-1-working-on-msi-mobo-with-server-2003.50077/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 60.63%

Dear sir/madam, The keys for brightness and for volume are not working today. I have an hp laptop with windows 10, but i didn't have any recent windows 10 update. Could you please help me fix it?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/brightness-and-volume-keys-are-not-working/td-p/5823178
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys, I have a new ASUS K60IJ laptop. I'm having some problems with the fn + f10 - f12 keys. Those govern speaker mute, volume down and volume up, respectively. They simply don't work. The fn shortcuts for brightness (f5 and f6) and "display switch" (f8) work, just not the ones that control and mute the volume. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!

A:Fn Keys Relating to Volume Not Working

Hi.

You may need to install the Asus software to get them functioning - support.asus.com K60IJ

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/74660-fn-keys-relating-volume-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I have a pair of old Yamaha speakers and an SB Live Value sound card and I'm running XP. The speakers have a volume control and a headphone jack on them. Up until recently they were working fine but then my children were playing around on the PC and now neither the volume control on the speaker nor the headphone jack works (if I plug in the headphones the sound continues to be played through the speakers).

I've searched through the archives but haven't spotted anyone who has had a similar problem and since I've been banging my head against the wall for a couple of weeks I'd really appreciate some help.

A:Speaker volume control not working

If I read your post correctly, you are still getting sound from the speakers, right? It kind of sounds like the speaker controls and the headphone jack have been damaged somehow. Do you have another set of speakers you can test with or another PC to try these speakers on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-volume-control-not-working.68597/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I connect my headphones to ipad or any other devices, It works fine but when I connect it to my PC at rear green port it gives me low volume and mic doesn't worked and recognised too.

I got ports at rear of my cabinet only.

Please give me solutions.

A:Beats by Dre headphones with mic volume low and mic is not working.

Please post screenshots of the Device Manager, Sounds section, Sound Panel Playback section and Sound Panel Recording Section.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/339091-beats-dre-headphones-mic-volume-low-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Product: F9H96UAR#ABAModel: 15-g012dx I have had this laptop for about a year and a half and have had issues with the brightness buttons not working before.  Usually I could get them working again by restarting my laptop.   Now my brightness and volume buttons won't work at all even after I restart.  I can get the brightness and volume to change in settings and by clicking the volume button on the bottom right corner of the screen, but pressing the f buttons does nothing.  The only f button that seems to be working is f1 (?).  I have looked on a bunch of forums and there is a wealth of advice regarding installing drivers, rebooting, etc., but many of the links they suggest are out of date and lead nowhere.  Can anyone help me with this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Brightness-and-Volume-buttons-not-working/td-p/5666784