Windows Support Forum

A New Notebook

Q: A New Notebook

Guys I am looking for a new notebook, and I have general idea of what I want, but I am unable to find anything comparable so far (in reasonable price range, I.e. about 1,500$). Here are the specs which I've in mind:

i7 47xx Processor
8GB RAM (or higher)
GT760M (or similar range GPU)
SSD Boot drive + 1 TB HDD
15.x 1080p display
Windows 8.x64

I have no preference for any brand, although, in last few years I've bought HP notebooks, generally because I have good connections there in case there is some issues

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: A New Notebook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: A New Notebook

Specify dual or quad core CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-notebook.202094/
Relevancy 38.27%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 37.84%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 37.84%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 37.41%

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

A:Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html
Relevancy 37.41%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 37.41%

We've got a desktop hooked into a linksys B router, and a notebook that accesses the internet wirelessly thru that router. lately we havent been able to get a decent connection with the notebook, and if we've gotten any at all, it gets dropped soon. is the desktop getting the majority of the bandwidth, which is eliminating the notebook from getting enough? if so, is there anyway to limit the amount that the desktop is getting?

A:Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

What changed from when it was working to now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-desktop-and-notebook-notebook-not-getting-int-connection.398157/
Relevancy 37.41%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 26.66%

If my notebook has both wireless network adapter and wired NIC, and both of them are connected to an Access Point and plugged with a RJ-45 network cable(both AP and network cable is linked to a router which has Internet connection), when I use the network connection such as web browsing, which NIC actually used by the computer to go out ?

And, will it slow down the connection if I do so ? Or should I disable the wireless interface when I'm plugged with a network cable ?

Any recommended website to refer?

Relevancy 26.66%

So, I tried resetting my Laptop, but then it said there was an error, now the computer just shows the Hp logo and then shuts down, then turns on and does it again (it's kind of like a loop of it) and now I can't boot up my computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-On-and-Off/td-p/5707062
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a two and a half year old Compaq notebook maxed out at 2GB Ram that came with Vista. As soon as it was out of warranty, I wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro. I've run W7 Upgrade Advisor and it says W7 will run on my machine. My question is does it matter which version (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate) and which bit (32/64) to get the fastest system? Most of what I use it for is the internet and email. Maybe some video. Not a heavy duty user.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
==========================

New info 18 Dec:

One thing I forgot to mention is that as a student I can upgrade to W7 Professional for $65 or I can get W7 Home Premium for $125 from Costco. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

A:How well will W7 run on my notebook

If your planning to use it only for internet, mail, videos and other normal tasks, you'll be good to go with Home Premium.
And 32bit or 64bit? Well, i think the below article will answer your questions-
Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131732-how-well-will-w7-run-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

01/18/2007

I am looking for a good durable notebook computer. I need one that is light weight, and will work well as a wireless network. I have a gateway desk top I purchased new in 2003 but I am totally in the dark in reference to buying a notebook. I want the newest version of windows software on it, and to be able to access the internet. This computer will be used for college mostly.

Thank you for any advice you can give me on making the best purchase.

Sheri

A:Notebook

Welcome to Techspot!!

What kind of money are you looking at spending? In my experience, I would stay away from Toshiba's. They tend to have keyboard and overheating problems. Depending on your budget of course....I would look at an IBM Thinkpad maybe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook.67986/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I bought a new HP Notebook with windows 10 a few days ago at it was running fine untill yesterday when it updated and now it running incredibly slow and draining the battery quickly. Please could someone help? Thanks

A:New Notebook

Bobmin Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.You should not be having problems with a PC this new.While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836 Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5777388
Relevancy 26.66%

I have recemty purchesed HP15AF008AX Note book i have installed windows 10 in it what are things to do after installin windows 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5714613
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi! A friend of mine is entering nursing school and couldn't believe the price of textbooks. He found that he can get the books in pdf form at a considerably lower price. I told him he could use a laptop or notebook. However, he doesn't want to buy a laptop or a notebook to use in class. He'll be taking notes in class, as well as following in the pdf textbook. Will something like a kindle have a keyboard and that capability? Is there anything else he could use besides a laptop or notebook? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 26.66%

My son has a dv9819wm notebook and it started having lines running across the screen and you could not see to do anything but would have to turn off and restart. I read on the HP site that the Bios and the video driver needs to be updated so I was going to do that but now, it will start booting up and you can see fine, but then the screen goes blank before you can get logged in to do anything. Then it shuts down. Please help.
Thanks!

A:HP notebook

At what point does the screen go blank? Are there lines on the screen even when it's booting up, or was that only previously, before it started going blank? And it shuts down EVERY time, on it's own?

Check if you can see anything on the screen when you hold it close to a light - look very close for even the faintest image.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook.889343/
Relevancy 26.66%

How can I find the value of an old notebook computer?

I am specifically trying to get the value of a used, excellent condition Compaq Presario V3019US notebook with no modifications.

Relevancy 26.66%

I m going to be buying a Notebook pls. help notebook computer I m trying to decide between two right now One is an alienware m I customized it to be Core Duo T gb ddr mhz ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Go This one costs about The other is an ASUS F Jm I customized this one to be a core duo T gb ddr ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Notebook help pls. Go for about So should I go with the top for better processor but lower video or should I go for the bottom with the lower processor and higher video I would really like to get one with both the mb video and the core duo processor but I can t seem to find one and I m sure if I do it ll be too expensive is about my limit I would really appreciate any input you guys can give me thanks again guys Tim nbsp

A:Notebook help pls.

what type of games are you planning to play?
what's the main use of this laptop?
videos/movies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-help-pls.58789/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi! I would buy a note book, but I don't know which one.
I should use it for webdesign.

Which one could you suggest me?

tom899

A:Which new notebook?

How much is your budget? I don't think you need any super-fast one for webdesign.. So... Something like this would be great: http://www.dell.com/content/product...&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop_studio_15_anav3~~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-new-notebook.757820/
Relevancy 26.66%

I on My to Run Get DDS Can't Notebook have a VAIO VGN-NW G notebook running Windows Professional -bit It has an Intel Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Core Duo T GHz processor with a Mobile Intel GM Express chipset It has GB x GB DDR SDRAM Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook I am running ESET NOD Antivirus version and Ad-Aware Pro Security version on my notebook Per the Bleeping Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Computer recommendation in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have recently enabled the Windows Firewall on my PC Prior to that I wasn't utilizing a firewall Also per the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have downloaded DDS Unfortunately I am unable to run it When I try to run the program I keep getting the message View Downloads - Windows Internet Explorer The program's publisher couldn't be verified Are you sure you want to run the program When I click Run again it loops back to the beginning and all of the above repeats What in the world is going on with my PC and what is Windows doing I am logged in as an administrator for my PC and the DDS program is not read-only When I check the Security tab of the file Properties my login has full control for the file I think at one point I was able to select Unlock from the Properties Tab but can no longer find that option when I go back into the file Properties When I saw that option the message said something about the file coming from another computer

A:Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook

Please read This Topic on what to disable and the methods to use -
These are the 3 versions of DDS that you can use.
Please do not post these back here, and if you are not able to create a log, just post your topic with a description of your problems -
DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pif

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516545/cant-get-dds-to-run-on-my-notebook/
Relevancy 26.66%

ok i have 2 armadas 1 is dead the other one woks but my screen is very dim the bright and contrast are on high how would i go about replaceing the the dim screen with the good screen they are both armada 7400. please help if you can

techngeek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook.686508/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am really having a hard time finding the actual model DV notebook I have do Dv7 How notebook I I which tell have? The tag on the bottom only says DV and there are so many additional numbers ie Dv - etc when u try to look up drivers I How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have? am having a really hard time getting my Blue Ray drive to play any Blue Ray discs and need to find whatever drivers make it work after upgrading to Windows bit Any help would be appreciated because it is really frustrating I've tried every driver I can find from HP and Cyberlink and nothing lets me play all my discs Mainly anything newer than years ago won't play at all The drive is spinning it and the drive shows a Blue ray in the description but it says Load disc and doesn't do anything from there It worked perfectly until i went to Win I even tried the Vista drivers in the Recovery console but still won't work nbsp Thank you for any help

A:How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have?

Instructions for finding your HP P/N are here. This will help us locate resources, drivers, and identify correct parts for your specific model.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-do-I-tell-which-Dv7-notebook-I-have/td-p/1970953
Relevancy 26.66%

i am using notebook with the windows vista home basic running on it Recently i found out my notebook is very lag and when i click the refresh button i took very long time So i check with the windows task manager undet the Notebook Very My Lag physical memory the free memory just below while my notebook come with gig of RAM PLZ HELP here My Notebook Very Lag is my HJLthx in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exec Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Program Files NetSoft P POver P POver exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Users CHEE SENG Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ap dell com content default as l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Thunder AtOnce - AEC- FD - fd- C -E D C - C Program Files Thunder ComDlls TDAtOnce Now dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ThunderBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - C Program Files Thunder ComDlls xunleiBHO Now dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe C Windows system nvHotkey dll StartO - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot c Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DELL Webcam Manager quot C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe quot sO - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files De... Read more

A:My Notebook Very Lag

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. As you can probably see our HijackThis Team is incredibly busy at the moment, but I apologise for the delay you have experienced. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A HijackThis LogThanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137167/my-notebook-very-lag/
Relevancy 26.66%

I want to use my old notebook computer to get online. It is an IBM thinkpad maybe 2001 or 2002 with Windows XP. I had a wireless card put in it at a computer shop and then the Comcast guy came out to set up the broadband. He couldnt connect the modem to the computer because the computer did not have an ethernet port. So I got a "usb ethernet dongle" to connect it. I still cant even get the Comcast software to install. Any ideas?? I also tried to set up a Linksys router and get online that way but it says it cannot find a connection. And something said it could not find a "network adapter" but isnt that in the wireless card?? I am an ***** and over my head....any suggestions??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-set-up-old-notebook.102018/
Relevancy 26.66%

I literally just finished setting up this computer and the keyboard freezes about every 10th key strock, i typed pretty fast and this is driving me insane. it is slowing me down for about 5 seconds every  10 strock. i have a lot of homework to do and now am stuck with this issue that i do not know how to solve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5636526
Relevancy 26.66%

Please help before I throw tnhis thing out the window.Everytime I get near the keyboard or even close to it, it driftes.   Have tried to find out how to adjust the senitivity without success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Notebook/td-p/5754929
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having trouble using my touchpad. Somehow I get into a mode where I can move the cursor and it highlights stuff, but i can't "enter" i'm sure i just fatfingered something, i just can't figure out what....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-used-to-notebook.1156636/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi there, My note book won't load untill i press any key. i want to fix this problem but don't know how. can any one help me.

Relevancy 26.66%

My Viao notebook hard drive won't turn. What should I do?
Jerry

A:Notebook HD

get into your machine's BIOS and see if there is a hard drive identified.

if not, set it to auto-select, see what goes on.

failing that, circumstances look dire...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-hd.245291/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an old spare SONY Notebook with a 800 MHz processor and only 128 MB or RAM. The hard drive got reformatted and everything was wiped off the drive. (It's a long story.) That was no biggie, since there wasn't anything there worth saving. I've re-installed DOS and would like to install Windows 98, but the program disk for 98 is a CD. I cannot get the CD drive on my SONY to operate. All I can load are floppy disks at this time.

Can anyone tell me how to get the CD drive to operate?

A:Old Notebook needs help

Try moving to the hardware thread rather than Business Apps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-notebook-needs-help.660917/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello everybody i really need some help theres a software issue thats causing my comptuer to crash regulary So heres the problem i bought an external soundcard from startech months ago and it seems to make my pc crash and get a blue screen error I am using the sound card to capture voices through my hauupage pvr through my capture software playing on xbox one i done chatted with startech and they said they cant figure out the problem i had them sent me a replacement card it still gives hp 15 pc notebook me the blue screen errors i have took pics to show you what it looks like I tried to chat with hp support about the issue it seems they refuse to help me on this Can some out there please tell me how to fix this issue I had to do regualar updates on my pc but thats normal My connection is wifi also i will show a pic of the hauppauge capture setup as you can see in the capture card the external sound card is connected microphone usb via Can someone please help me hp 15 notebook pc on this issue i am stressing over this problem thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-15-notebook-pc/td-p/5766675
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, Recently when go to my documents,or downloads the icons wont load for atleast 10 seconds. i'm wondering how i can resolve this issue and would love to hear some information that would help out.The notebook is only 2 months old and is not slow at all so that is why i thought it should be a diffrent issue then it being slow..Thanks in advance for your help,Mark Jetten like so: 

A:HP notebook

Dear Customer, Please go through the below links, check it that helps:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04770630http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03340676     For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-notebook/td-p/5830696
Relevancy 26.66%

My dell notebook crashed!!! When i turn it on all i get is the dell screen, followed by a black screen!!! Someone Please help because Dell sucks at customer service!!!!! What should i do?

A:My Notebook

Try tapping f8 as soon as you power on the computer.

What happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64608/my-notebook/
Relevancy 26.66%

Please bear with me as this will be a bit long I have a question about overclocking OC Notebook a question about putting a new CPU and a question related to the two previous ones I have a Dell Vostro notebook with the following specs - -CPU Intel Core Duo T Ghz quot FSB Mhz quot MB L Cache W -IGP Intel X Mhz - GB DDR Mhz I want to OC the notebook My temps right now are C I think these are good I can decrease temps further by up to C by using thermal paste I can implement some cooling mods specially that I don t use my laptop very much Notebook OC as a portable device I will even use it as a file computing server Notebook OC soon so I will be able to implement even better cooling So yeah my notebook has the capacity for some overclocking can you help me do it I have some questions - A Will modding the bios definitely lead to ability to OC B Will FSB modding or Volt modding etc by insulation a pin or connecting two pins succeed in my notebook C setFSB and all these don t work for my notebook so no need to suggest them my PLL probably will never be supported Also I may buy a better CPU what will happen if I put a CPU with FSB Also will a CPU with unlocked multiplier yet without OC support at BIOS help in OCing Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-oc.985135/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, i would like to pose this problem to the experienced here on the forums.

we have been given an HP530 pre-installed with "windows vista basic". the user despises vista and has asked us to downgrade it to his favourite operating system "windows xp home". before i started i created the recovery disks of the vista installation. i have installed and fully updated windows xp home and all drivers have been installed except for one. the dial-up modem. unfortunatly that is the one driver that is going to be used by the user of the laptop. when i try install the driver "sp36087.exe" which i get from the hp site i get this error message: "driver installation failed: could not find the modem device for this driver". i tried pionting windows to the location that the hp drivers extracts to but still no joy.

any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 26.66%

olá, tenho um notebook HP pavilion dm3-1035b e o mesmo esta pedindo uma senha do administrador do nada, vocês poderia me ajudar? obrigado.

A:notebook

Hi, If this is a power on password - at the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/notebook/td-p/5613481
Relevancy 26.66%

MSI Classic CX X i Core i - M Processor Intel Core i - M GHz M Cache with TurboBoost up to GHz Chipset Mobile Intel HM Express Chipset Memory GB DDR Hard Disk Drive GB Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon is Better Which Notebook? HD with GB DDR VRAM Network b g n Operating System DOS Physical Dimension L X D X H mm Weight Approximate Kg Display quot x HD Webcam Integrated WebCam Audio High Quality Speakers Battery -cell Battery Ports x USB x HDMI x VGA x Express Card Slot Microphone-in Microphone-out Multi-in-One Card Reader DC-in Features Intel Core i Processor Classic Cross-Hatch Design wide screen display LED power-saving backlight technology HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface Output MSI Exclusive ECO Engine Power Management System Exclusive GPU Boost Technology OR Asus Versatile Performance K DY-VX Processor AMD Phenom II X Dual Core N GHz M L Cache Chipset AMD RX M SB Which is Better Notebook? M Memory GB DDR Mhz SDRAM Hard Disk Drive GB Which is Better Notebook? Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon HD M with GB DDR VRAM Network Integrated or b g Built-in Bluetooth V EDR Optional Base T Operating System None Physical Dimension x x cm WxDxH Weight Approx Which is Better Notebook? kg with cell battery Display quot HD x LED backlit Webcam Mega Pixel web camera Audio Built-in Speakers And Microphone Altec Lansing Speakers Battery Cells mAh Whrs Ports x Microphone-in jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor x USB port s x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI Features Black Brown tone Experience enhanced multitasking and mobile computing capabilities with the new AMD processors ASUS Power Gear automatically adjusts fan speeds for quiet computing and prolonged battery life A Palm Proof technology-equipped touchpad distinguishes between the contact surfaces of the palm and fingers to prevent inadvertent cursor movements during typing They Have the same price but I cannot decide which would be worth the price Any suggestion or comments nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-better-notebook.1029034/
Relevancy 26.66%

Link to previous http www techsupportforum com secu ten-worse html CatByte Does it have the Recovery Console installed If so are you able to boot to the Recovery Console Not as far as I'm aware How can I check this Do you have access to an installation disk Nope also it lacks a disk-drive What OS is the laptop in question Windows XP Can it boot from Notebook Won't Log Lap In a USB stick From my knowledge yes when did the logon logoff loop start Notebook Lap Won't Log In Late January following a powerful virus scan that had left the notebook laptop with Sdra exe trojan what files were deleted prior to this starting do you recall the names of those files No I was not with the user who was using my laptop at the time what programs have you run or did your AV remove some bad files The AV program last ran was 'Spybot Search amp Destroy' Edit it doesn't log in on any mode safe-modes last working settings Notebook Lap Won't Log In

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/notebook-lap-wont-log-in-460289.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello. I have a notebook "HP Pavilion Zx5003EA " and it's been a while I don't use it. Now I tried to turn on and won't turn on anymore. I checked and the power supply is working. What can be?

A:notebook

It is very, very old, like 15 years. You might try removing the battery. It can be so dead it keep the laptop from powering up. Otherwise it would be hard to get repair parts and it is not really worth much. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5629613
Relevancy 26.66%

My HP Pavilion dv9300 series laptop's display is shot. I think it's the motherboard that is creating the problem. The only way to get a display to show up is using an external monitor and disabling the NVIDIA graphic drivers. From what I've read, the MB is overworking the graphics card, causing it to overheat and fry. There was a recall for a number of notebooks that had this problem, but mine did not have the proper product number so HP will not fix it (without making me pay $425). Is anyone out there familiar with this issue and if so, what would be the best (cheapest and most effective) way to resolve it? Thank you!

HP Pavilion dv9334us, Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, running Vista 32-bit.

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I have a problem with my uncle s notebook First of all the notebook specs -Vista Ultimate bits notebook HP pavillion dv Core duo t Ghz Gb RAM Nvidia M GS Geforce He used the pre-installed vista home premium that came with the notebook And he got a problem The navigator wouldn t just open Youtube some images would only load and when Notebook! with Help HP the image loaded a error appeared instead of the full image The image cannot be loaded because it contains errors He thought that the problem would be in his version of Adobe Flash so he tried to install the new version and then when he was in the site of adobe they said that his OS was not supported So he upgraded to vista ultimate and the problem still persists I tried to install a clean version of the Ultimate but the Boot Menu is not working I press f than he waits like seconds and then it boots windows vista And there is also the problem that the disc is not being recognized In another computer the disc is recognized OBS The disc is lightscribe the computer reads lightscribe Help with HP Notebook! OBS Many people have the same problem Well i think that is all If i said something wrong please quote Thanks for your patience Alex

A:Help with HP Notebook!

Originally Posted by AlexRD

So he upgraded to vista ultimate and the problem still persists.
I tried to install a clean version of the Ultimate, but the Boot Menu is not working,
I press f12, than he waits like 30 seconds, and then it boots windows vista.
And there is also the problem that the disc is not being recognized.

If you are having optical reading problem in your clean installation attempt, you can always wipe out your HDD then install Vista. Of course, I am assuming you have backed up all important data.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197772-help-hp-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Running a s-video out (one end s-video, other end yellow video) to a vcr. Distorted screen. Guessing the refresh rate is wrong. Not sure how to change refresh rate on a notebook or to change it to how many hz.

Relevancy 26.66%

hi guys and gals I have been reading and researching for for AV new notebook what a couple what AV for new notebook days figured I'd start a thread I have a lovely new HP Envy notebook it came with McAfee a super smart friend said get rid of it use Security Essentials what AV for new notebook Windows Defender ok I did next thing I know I'm resetting my notebook back to factory settings with HP support because I got adware it had installed programs on my computer clean your reg shopop I discovered I had troubles when I could not log into forum websites the computer would freeze what fun with the help of people on the sevenforums I have been using AVG free and spyware blaster and WOT on my other computers and doing good would anyone please reply and suggest to me what I should do to protect this computer I have read pros and cons about AVG Avast Bitdefender and Kaspersky I guess I've kinda narrowed it down to them I don't care if I have to spend some money for an AV I just never have in the past but if its worth the money I'll do it thank you peace Chas

A:what AV for new notebook

You can set it up the same as your other 'puters.

I would add Malwarebytes and Superantispyware also, I hope you have these on the others also.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/40299-what-av-new-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

so my screen is registering a counstant touch feedback on the right center on the screen. i dont use this laptop as a tablet, and i never will. its only used as a laptop for me. ive searched high and low in the settings, but i cant find any way to completely deactivate touch feedback on the screen. i know it isnt the touchpad because i see the gray circle on the screen that would betray screen touches. how do i deactivate the touch screen? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-15-Notebook/td-p/5795384
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm looking for the best notebook to buy. I need it to be able to hook up to a tv so I can do powerpoint presentations. Any suggestions?

A:Best Notebook

Hi Lola,

I would suggest a Sony Vaio.

Depends on how much you wanna spend.

There are several that are cheaper
that can probably work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-notebook.73077/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a dell inspiron 4000 notebook that has no CD Rom drive and no floppy drive, I plan to buy a external CD Rom to use with ny notebook but some question arise, (1) if I format my hardrive and install a new OS before the OS is install would the computer recognized my external CD Rom? (2) If I can't use my CD Rom then would it better to buy an hard drive adapter to hook it up to my desktop PC and format the notebook hard drive and install the OS from that machine( ONLY THE OS NOT THE DRIVER FOR ANY EQUIPMENT)

A:CD Rom for notebook

1. Since the external cd rom device would probably be a parallel port or USB kind, the computer will not see it before you install the OS
2.No . Hooking up the laptop hdd and formated, it's ok no problem there, but once you install the OS on it , the OS will try to install the drivers for whatever the hardware is inside the PC. For instance , let's say that the laptop has a Intel chipset , and the desktop has a VIA chipset, well the OS will try to install the drivers for the VIA and you need the Intel ones..
Best you can do is to make sure that the cd rom driver that you will buy cames with DOS drivers . Then format the hard drive on the laptop ( using the desktop machine ) and install the cd rom DOS drivers on it. Then hook up the hard drive back to the laptop and connect the cd rom drive. Boot up and you should have access to the cd rom drive at that point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-for-notebook.80270/
Relevancy 26.66%

This will probably be really easy to answer for someone familiar with hooking computers up to TVs, I just have no idea how to search for answers on the internet because I'm not sure what I should search for.

Anyway, my new notebook doesn't have an s-video port, which annoys me. It does have the standard monitor port, though. I'm wondering if there's any way to hook the notebook up to a TV, such as some kind of converter or whatnot. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Notebook to TV

Hello!

I can really help you if you give me the graphics card specs.
Please reply so I can help!

Bye!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-to-tv.627225/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a simple set-up and I know there s a simple answer but I can t find it anywhere and I don t want to go to Future Shop looking totally ignorant so I plan to buy a D-Link WBR- wireless router to replace my wired D-Link router I have What Help I PS3 1 Notebook, do Need? Please-1 a Toshiba Satellite Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? A -VA notebook Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? which has built-in wireless which I want to use wireless I have a Playstation which I ll wire direct to the router because it s close anyways I have a cable modem Question s is don t laugh is there anything else I need When I run the Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? setup wizard through the laptop I need to be wired to the modem set up the router set up the network and then disconnect the cable from the laptop and then I m wireless My wife has put the thought into my head that I ll need a main computer wired to the router which would be used by anything wireless to access the network I hope I ve made my situation clear any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need?

The wireless router is all you need. You are correct that the only time you need to have a computer connected by ethernet is when configuring the router or upgrading its firmware.

Unless you plan to buy a matching D-Link Rangemax wireless adapter you will be using only standard 802.11g 54Mbps; so consider saving money by buying a standard router without "turbo," "108Mbps" or any other extras. The WBR-2310 Rangemax MAY give you somewhat better range, but don't count on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-1-notebook-1-ps3-what-do-i-need.619345/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

A:Need Help with my Notebook

Originally Posted by cured

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

Hi cured,

I see what you mean, contacting Toshiba for help would be a good idea
Failing this, many drivers are used on more than one version of Laptop. Use a program such as Everest or PC Wizard which will tell you what hardware you have and then go to the Toshiba site and see if for example the A210 has the drivers that you need then download them and try an install.

Or you can go directly to the manufacturer eg. Nvidia, Realtek and download the needed drivers this way.

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/198261-need-help-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,

Has anybody experienced this? On boot-up, I get the error 3F0. A hard drive test passes, and I've tried other HD's. I have tried changing the BIOS to Legacy, but it will not boot from a memory stick which I've made bootable, nor will it boot from the dvd drive. I can hear the dvd spinning, and can hear it trying to read it, but I get a flashing cursor on a black screen. I've come to the conclusion that it's the motherboard (DA0U93MB6D2 REV D PN 732080-001 ). Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-15-notebook-3f0.1164109/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
In the attachment, I built a notebook for a personal use. I will use it at school and home. I'm an Accounting student and I will install some Accounting softwares, such as MS Money, Quicken, Peachtree, Great Plains etc. How does this notebook look? I thought maybe Pentium 4 and Celeron wouldn't be that much different since Celeron is 2.60 gHz. So, I need opinions.
Thank you...

A:Notebook sufficiency??

have a search through these pages and you will see that a celrion is different - i saw a post just recently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-sufficiency.278029/
Relevancy 26.23%

My hp 430 notebook pc is crashing a lot now days and the screen is flickering when i am using it on full resolution but seems to work fine in safe mode and on lower resolution (1280*720). What shall i do to overcome this issue.Does this laptop also have a heat sink on gpu?And if yes then do i have to apply thermal paste on gpu too?

A:hp 430 notebook pc crashing

the gpu has a piece of foam on it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-430-notebook-pc-crashing/td-p/5657000
Relevancy 26.23%

System Diasabled   93323264 . Do not know how to reset.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp Pavilion Notebook

Enter: 22081860 Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5674764
Relevancy 26.23%

I have made back up discs when i bought this pc, But with the Windows 10 , I am not given the choice to do a Restore. My PC keeps flashing on alot of the pages, Im running Norton security and Malware Bytes, and nothing has been found. I need to find a way to restore this back to the way it was when i bought it.  bought in 2013 , and it had windows 8 , 64 bit.  Thank you  Dee33

A:HP 2000 Notebook PC

Dee33 If you did the Win10 Upgrade and are now trying to revert back to Wion8, I have some bad news for you. While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!The Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work. So, any attempt to use F11 to do a restore is doomed to failure. Are you trying to use the Recovery Disks, by booting from the first one, and they are not working? If so, what is happening when you try to use them? We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-Notebook-PC/td-p/5676383
Relevancy 26.23%

Can someone tell me about notebook batteries. I leave my battery in the notebook all the time I am currently just using it home - so I am using the ac adapter. I am currently using several hours a night working on a project for work. Will this decrease the life of my battery? Should I take out the battery until I need it? And would you recommend a extended warranty. The salesman told me it covers the battery, lcd monitor.

t

A:notebook battery

normally from my experience, the way the laptop will work is that it always uses the battery and when you plug in the adapter this just charges your battery as you use it!
So the laptop wont work without the battery in!

This in the long run will decrease the battery but no more so than it would in normal running situation.

Depending on what you plan on using the laptop for and ofcourse how much the laptop costs and how much the extra warrenty is!

If you need anymore help give us a shout

Rutter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-battery.204446/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an HP ZE notebook Two things are wrong with it First of all the hole were I HP issues... help. Little notebook plug in my AC DC adapter is shot What I mean is the Metal connector HP notebook issues... Little help. Rod has been pushed back into the computer so the wire cable can Not HP notebook issues... Little help. connect to it I was wondering if there is some kind of USB power supply I could HP notebook issues... Little help. buy to power this thing up The other problem is I want to get a faster and bigger Hard Drive for this system The HD in it now is to small and is really starting to run like crap and I would like to replace it I have tried every maintenance method out there to get this HD to run better but I think it s just getting old The computer will be years old this November I thought replacing the HD would be pretty easy I guess I was wrong The HD is located in the front of the computer only little screws appear to be holding it in and then there is a small grip handle to pull it out so that it can be replaced at least that s what it appears to be I can t seem to get the HD to slide out at least w o using brute force I now have all the visible screws out of the bottom and sides of the computer so I can just take the whole bottom off I figure that way I can get the HD out and slide the power connector rod back into it s correct position and put it back together but the Damn bottom wont budge to come off what the hell is holding this thing together I can gently pry the sides apart but I don t want to crack or break anything Plus I am a curious person and would like to see the MB and other guts in this thing Oh well If anyone has any experienced advice in this area please don t hesitant to put in your input In fact any advice will be greatly Appreciated Thank You nbsp

A:HP notebook issues... Little help.

Check out this page, HP says this is the service manual for your laptop.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&product=214326

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook-issues-little-help.284762/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Techs!My girlfriend's notebook is infected with a virus. A wand that says "Your PC is under attack!" is bouncing in her notebook's screen. She said she prolly got it from a Flash disk. The notebook has no internet connection and she only has a Panda anti-virus installed. How do we get rid of it? Help!

A:Notebook under attack!!!!!

Welcome to TSF....

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… "Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can. .

After your system has been verified as clean, if you are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/notebook-under-attack-286301.html
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an Ambra 486sx sl/25 4/170 subnotebook. Can't find a tech suppport company for them. The battery kept losing it's charge, so I got a new one made for it. It never worked. Now the thing has sat for so long it won't boot. I think the CMOS battery is dead or something like that.

Any ideas that could help me. My husband loves this little computer.

The Model #SN8660.

A:Ambra sub-notebook

Check this out..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ambra-sub-notebook.179629/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a notebook that states that 512MB is the maximum amount of ram that can be installed. The notebook says that there is 2 slots available for ram but one is not accesible, it has been preinstalled with 128MB. Basically, I have added 256MB for a total of 384MB but I want to add the maximum amount. I cannot touch the 128 but I was wondering if I added a 512MB stick of ram into the 1 accesible slot, which would actually give me more than the max. amount would it just read up to the max. or will it cause conflicts in the computer?

Relevancy 26.23%

my laptop cam with AMD athlon 2 N370 processor.i wanted to know if i could change the processor to intel i5 core 

A:hp g62 notebook laptop

I really dont think this would be possible with currently installed system board. You can upgrade to a compatible AMD CPU, but not to an Intel CPU. Unfortunately the CPU must match what the system board in the notebook is compatible with. One cannot install an Intel CPU in a system board made for an AMD CPU. The same applies to desktop motherboards. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-g62-notebook-laptop/td-p/5682447
Relevancy 26.23%

I have previously had a thread concerning this SOLVED HD was accidently split into drives C and E and it was answered Following the advice given by quot justpassingby quot I now have the drive cloned has Notebook partitions two now to my external hard drive This is part of the last advice I received quot The solution from HP is the safest one use an external USB drive copy all your data there then reinstall from Notebook now has two partitions scratch If you don't want to have to reinstall all your programs one by one Notebook now has two partitions copying them over alone wouldn't work since the registry entries would be missing you could try to backup the c system partition with driveimage then restore it once you've reinstalled from scratch Note that restoring the c partition as the system partition could also bring back the issue you had with it before quot If the same problem returns I will search for a way to correct it rather than to restore the drive and lose the data and things that I need The old problem started because the Notebook would not boot up past the XP Opening Screen I rashly decided just to restore it without trying to find a solution to the problem If this happens again I will first try to solve that problem IS a driveimage the same as cloning the drive I had thought the two terms interchangeable but now I am wondering I have the old drive cloned to my external drive using Acronis And the last sentence concerns me I have run several different antivirus and malware applications and there is no apparent virus or malware on the drive s but it could be a faulty registry causing the problem If it reoccurrs then I still have the clone on my external hard drive and I can put the E drive on the formatted Notebook drive The major problem is since Drive C held all my old and good programs apps and data I would like to have it back I also have added several new applications to Drive E and those I need too Is there way to take the things I need on drive E and move them to drive Drive C when I format the Notebook and restore the C drive to the Notebook I have tried copying and pasting them over but as noted the registery entries are missing Any ideas how I can get the best of both drives C and E combined into the new C drive I suppose I could back up the data from the C and then move the E drive only to the newly formatted drive Really need your ideas and help sluggo

A:Notebook now has two partitions

This problem has not been solved, is there away to remove it from theforum?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/notebook-now-has-two-partitions-307801.html
Relevancy 26.23%

hi notebook i can has my tell How that ava... hp bluetooth nbsp everyone nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I i nbsp just nbsp bought nbsp my nbsp hp nbsp How can i tell that my hp notebook has bluetooth ava... notebook nbsp laptop nbsp two nbsp month nbsp ago and nbsp i nbsp have nbsp lost the nbsp machines nbsp book nbsp that nbsp was nbsp added nbsp to nbsp so nbsp i nbsp want nbsp to nbsp know nbsp whether nbsp my nbsp machine nbsp can nbsp support nbsp bluetooth nbsp and nbsp also nbsp know nbsp that nbsp the nbsp machine nbsp have nbsp wireless nbsp card nbsp place nbsp inside nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:How can i tell that my hp notebook has bluetooth ava...

Hi: Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook. It does not come with built in bluetooth, or that feature would have been listed along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-af100-Notebook-PC-series/8543365/model/8961406/document/c0...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/How-can-i-tell-that-my-hp-notebook-has-bluetooth/td-p/5680041
Relevancy 26.23%

I recently purchased a new Pavilion Notebook HP pre-installed all the standard stuff and I have all the appropriate disks Before I do anthing else I would like to make a clean image of the GB hard drive not partitioned and store it on a Notebook HD and External dedicated external hard Notebook and External HD drive Then as I add software hardware updates Internet and other new Notebook and External HD stuff I can make incremental images and always be able to restore the Notebook and External HD image to the last best image if problems come up I would like suggestions on how best to do this Right now I m considering a WD External GB HD w Firewire USB capabilities some good prices right now The retail box claims that it is pre-formatted I m assuming it s FAT If this is a good idea what are you thoughts regarding partitioning and formatting the external HD and what are the steps What software do I need Oh by the way do you think I should partition the internal HD How do I do that Partition Magic Regarding imaging would you suggest using Ghost other I have Ghost can I use it for imaging XP It sticks in my mind that earlier versions of Ghost are MSDOS based and XP is not and therefore incompatible but then I m a real novice at this and not sure Once I get this situation figure out then I ll have some wireless networking questions for you that I ll post in the other section I appreciate your help and thank you in advance My set-up Pavilion Notebook series Pentium GHz w HT MB DDR SDRAM x MB GB RPM Hard Drive x DVD RW R amp CD-RW Combo Drive g Wireless LAN MB NVIDIA GeForce FX Go quot WVA WXGA x Windows XP Home nbsp

Relevancy 26.23%

My notebook (Gateway Solo 5300) LCD seems to be showing the backlight but no text. Everything displays correctly on an external monitor. All cables and wires are secure. How can I tell if the problem is the LCD screen, the inverter board or cables?
Thanx,
Bill

Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I recently purchased a notebook with Windows 10 and 4K monitors . The problem is that some app are not optimized for 4K and toolbars of some programs appear to be "cut" on the bottom and then the characters in the windows do not read (written inside the window appear larger in the same window). How can I resolve the situation without scaling from 4k to full hd, since the problem is restricted to certain apps and not at all? Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55067-windows-10-notebook-4k.html
Relevancy 26.23%

HI All, Can my laptop HP Notebook - 14-ac179tu ram can be upgrade. Example add on 1pc more ram into other slot or change new ram. Current ram is 4gb DDR3L and want to add more 4gb.  Thnaks guys!!

A:HP Notebook - 14-ac179tu

Hallo acong3129, Welcome to the HP forum, I will try yo solve your problem was fast as possible. I have found your Maintenance & Service guide. Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04644008 Since it's a online PDF you can find our answer on page 10 or page: 2 - Chapter 1 - Product description Hope it solves your problem. If you have anymore questions or need more help please let me know  Thanks

Best regardsZincasI work on behalf of HPPlease click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Notebook-14-ac179tu/td-p/5615497
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey all I inherited a Sony VAIO notebook PCG-FRV with a bevy of issues and data that I don t want to lose The computer starts up slowly I get an error message about a missing file netxo exe which should be in the system directory I get all sorts of pop-ups even w Win Pop-Up Blocker on and my homepage defaults to About Blank no matter what settings I change There Notebook HJT issues log) (w/ s also a warning bell that goes off with every restart about a questionable script trying to run from tgcmd exe in my program files support com folder The notebook had a copy of NAV that had expired when I got it so I replaced it with McAfee AV amp Firewall I also installed Spybot - Search amp Destroy Spyware Doctor Ad-Aware SE w Ad-Watch Registry Mechanic CCleaner CWShredder and AboutBuster And the kitchen sink for good measure I ve tried numerous scans updates I m up-to-date w Windows Notebook issues (w/ HJT log) etc and have managed to kick out a few of the buggers but Spyware Doctor still picks up or so infections after every reboot even from Safe Mode I ve never come to a tech site for help so let me know if I m missing any info or if the HJT log is messed up Here s a copy of the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Music Server SSSvr exe C Program Files Sony Photo Server appsrv PhotoAppSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform sv httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system mfcea exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C WINDOWS system phomsp exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdmgr exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdui exe C WINDOWS TEMP mcuE tmp mcappins exe c program files mcafee com shared mghtml exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system yzfuz dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS system nczcr dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS system nczcr dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system yzfuz dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS system nczcr dll sp html R - HKLM Software Micros... Read more

Relevancy 26.23%

screen freeze and overheating notebook screen freezes without pattern sometimes after startup No action on my part to trigger it notebook gets hot after minutes usage Incredibly hot air comes out of the cooler grill may that have to do with the freezing It self-aware? notebook is an notebook self-aware? acer aspire windowsXP ghz gb RAM etc not too old should still be kickin Im desperate help me please There is a log file from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Aston aston exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Aston XP internat exe C PROGRA LAUNCH QtaET S EXE C WINDOWS System qsaapi exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Real Update OB realsched exe C Programme Java jre bin jusched exe C Programme CursorXP CursorXP exe C Programme Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Programme Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Programme Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Programme Internet Explorer iexplore exe notebook self-aware? C DOKUME test LOKALE Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www superwebsearch com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www superwebsearch com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www superwebsearch com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www web de R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www superwebsearch com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www superwebsearch com ie F - REG system ini Shell C PROGRA Aston aston exe svchost exe O - BHO BTGrabObj Class - -F C- B - EC -AD - C WINDOWS BTGrab dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programme Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c programme google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Programme Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO ADP UrlCatcher Class - F E - E- -BE D-ED A FD DA - C WINDOWS System msbe dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Programme Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c programme google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run imjpmig C IME IMJP imjpmig exe RemAdvDef AIMEREG Migration SetPreload O - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH QtaET S EXE O - HKLM Run LogonStudio quot C Programme WinCustomize LogonStudio logonstudio exe quot RANDOM O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run eukfigm C WINDOWS System qsaapi exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Programme Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run farmmext C WINDOWS farmmext exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Programme QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Programme Ge... Read more

Relevancy 26.23%

So this happened today.My keyboard all of a sudden didn't work (never had this before) so I restarted the computer. During the restart my fans went on 100% and the screen showed the hp sign after 2 minutes. Thought this was taking way too long so I held down the power button for 10 secs and the computer turned off.Now the power button is lit up but the computer is not turned on. Pressing the button does nothing, even holding it down 1 minute. Effectively, it has turned into a brick.What on Earth could cause this? The notebook is not hot at all, and the battery was at 50% which usually is 2+ hours.Anyone have any idea what I should do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-will-not-start-up/td-p/5671621
Relevancy 26.23%

we have an Asus Eee 1001 Netbook & an Acer Aspiron One D255 preloaded with XP.

1. Is XP on these same as on my desktop?, i.e Can I use the desktop XP Iin a bootable mem stick to Repare or install XP on any of them if the need arises?

2 . What is the difference between a Notebook & a Netbook?

A:notebook, netbook & xp

Quote:

Originally Posted by nichosi

we have an Asus Eee 1001 Netbook & an Acer Aspiron One D255 preloaded with XP.

1. Is XP on these same as on my desktop?, i.e Can I use the desktop XP Iin a bootable mem stick to Repare or install XP on any of them if the need arises?

2 . What is the difference between a Notebook & a Netbook?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/notebook-netbook-and-xp-578361.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all I need some help I have stop unuseful services for booting automatically run scan AVG but nothings seems to work I down has Notebook slow just Notebook has slow down don t know what is going on I have run HijackThis before and after doing all changes so if some one can quot read quot what is going on I will appreciate the help BEFORE - November Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Programmi Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Programmi TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Programmi TOSHIBA Tvs TvsTray exe C Programmi TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Programmi TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Programmi Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system gsicon exe C Programmi TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Programmi QuickTime qttask exe C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIM SweetIM exe C Programmi Skype Phone Skype exe C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Programmi MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Programmi Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Programmi Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Programmi Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Programmi Skype Plugin Manager SkypePM exe C Programmi Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosAVRC exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Programmi TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Toshiba TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Programmi Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Programmi Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi Sonic RecordNow RecordNow exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Programmi Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google it R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C PROGRA Skype Phone IEPlugin SKYPEI DLL O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programmi File comuni Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c programmi google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programmi Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c programmi google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programmi Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh e... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-has-slow-down.657757/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi i notebook log for hjt amilo have been given an FS Amilo li notebook running vista home basic to look at with the following symptoms no sound - no sound device detected even though I have tried to re-install the drivers error message quot the system could not find the environment option that was entered quot whenever a system type exe is run or attempted to run should I say Cannot system restore for above reason cannot see hjt log for amilo notebook contents of data partition have run portable antivirus scanners that returned nothing AVG will not run at all is on the pc so I am thinking that it is a virus Even tried to boot from CDRom won t have it Seem to be pretty limited as to what I can do Managed to get HJT to run but not in administrator mode hosts file is locked hjt log for amilo notebook again making me think of a virus do not know what the next step is - it looks to me like there is a lot of stuff in th elog that looks suspicious but as it s notmine I don t know what has been loaded on Thanks for any pointers HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Windows System S Funkey exe C Windows System s trayp exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows System Taskmgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe F HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO PCCBHO CPCCBHO - FC CE - D - F-B A-BFBB ADB AF - C Program Files Winferno PC Confidential PCCBHO dll O - BHO SmartShopper - BA C -EC B- -A F-D AC EE A - C Program Files SmartShopper Bin SmrtShpr dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dll O - BHO Burn Free Toolbar Helper - D A B-A F- CBE- D - FC BAE - C Program Files Burn Free Toolbar v Burn Free Toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Pr... Read more

A:hjt log for amilo notebook

please do NOT double post
coninue here
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/868775-hjt-log-amilo-notebook.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-for-amilo-notebook.868774/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, I have a Dell Latitude D610 that recently became infected with some viruses that I can't get rid of. I have used "spy bot search and destroy" to find them and the viruses only seem to come up if I am connected to the internet. One of the reoccuring ones is Clickspring, I think is is somehow associated with Outerinfo? I read another thread and downloaded HJT from a different computer. What is my next step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clickspring-fix-for-notebook.668452/
Relevancy 26.23%

I had my lenovo G Notebook for about years now Here are the specs Processor Intel R Core TM i - 070 help Lenovo G5 Notebook Need with CPU Ghz nbsp GhzInstalled Memory RAM GB GB usable System type -bit Operating System x -based processor nbsp Graphics card AMD Radeon HD MNote My laptop came with GB ram installed but I made it GB by replacing it First thing is that my laptop audio port does not work very well As I got my laptop when i plug in headphones only side of the headphones work Its usually the left side and the right side does not work I checked and the headphones work fine with my phone Also my laptop mic is bugged when I play games like RUST its really messed up Also lately my laptop has had random low FPS moments and im sure its the dust in the fan I tried the lenovo solution center fan dust removal thing but it did not help Can someone help me open my laptop and clean the fan Send me like a manual or something I heard that the maintaince manual tells you how to open your laptop but when I found the user guide it only showed how to remove hard drive etc It never showed how to clean the fan If anyone finds one please send me a link I Need help with Lenovo G5 070 Notebook really need help nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Need-help-with-Lenovo-G5-070-Notebook/td-p/3355263
Relevancy 26.23%

hiya
frends iam new to this forum. i have Toshiba Satellite L635-S3020BN notbook. i have latest amd high definition audio device driver but still i dont have stereo mix . my stereo mix is not disabled i checked it. i only have microphone Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD as my recording device. can any1 help me.

A:how can i get stereo mix in ma notebook?

If you have Conexant, that is most likely your PC sound device. The AMD High Definition audio is most likely for HDMI audio only.
In the Sound/Recording section, RIGHT click in a blank space in that panel and check the boxes to show disabled and disconnected devices. If you have Stereo Mix (may be called System Mixer) you can enable it and then set it as default recording device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/265357-how-can-i-get-stereo-mix-ma-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.23%

pls find for me ACPI\MSFT0101HP NOT BOOK os WIN 7 64BIT thanks

A:HP notebook 15-af139ca

Hi, If you're running Windows 7, apply the Microsoft Hotfix on the following link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2920188 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-notebook-15-af139ca/td-p/5615118
Relevancy 26.23%

hi i have been given an FS Amilo li notebook running vista home basic to look at with the following symptoms no sound - no sound device detected even though I have tried to re-install the drivers error message quot the system could not find the environment option that was entered quot whenever a system type exe is run or attempted to run should I say Cannot system restore for above reason cannot see contents of data partition have run portable antivirus scanners that returned nothing AVG will not run at all is on the pc so I am thinking that it is a virus Even tried to hjt notebook for log amilo boot from CDRom won t have it Seem to be pretty limited as to what I can do Managed to get HJT to run but not in administrator mode hosts file is locked again making me think of a virus do not know what the next step is - it looks to me like there is a lot of stuff in th elog that looks suspicious but as it s notmine I don t know what has been loaded on Thanks for any pointers HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v hjt log for amilo notebook Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Windows System S Funkey exe C Windows System s trayp exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows System Taskmgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe F HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO PCCBHO CPCCBHO - FC CE - D - F-B A-BFBB ADB AF - C Program Files Winferno PC Confidential PCCBHO dll O - BHO SmartShopper - BA C -EC B- -A F-D AC EE A - C Program Files SmartShopper Bin SmrtShpr dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dll O - BHO Burn Free Toolbar Helper - D A B-A F- CBE- D - FC BAE - C Program Files Burn Free Toolbar v Burn Free Toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live To... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-for-amilo-notebook.868775/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I'm in the market for a laptop, and I was wondering where good places for cheap laptops are. The specs I am hoping to get are:

Pentium 1.4 GHz
256 mb RAM
32 meg video card
40 gig HD
DVD drive
Ethernet port
USB
Windows 98SE-compatible hardware (I loathe XP)

any good places to search/ models to search for would be appreciated.

A:Notebook Shopping

Well, I'd rethink the W98 aspects, and I'm sure no new notebook will come with that option. If you look around, you'll find the Averatec models are pretty cheap right now, and they're decent machines. I have one of those, and I just saw BestBuy selling one for $749 after rebate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-shopping.225773/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello All,

I needed to get my laptop repaired and i sent some pics to some companies so they can give me a qoute, does anyone have any suggestions of what companies i should go with, i am trying to find a local one. I attached a zip file with the pics of what is broken. It just some cracked plastic on the top of the cover and a missing hinge. Can anyone suggest how much they would change me so i dont get ripped off.

Thanks,
Danny

Relevancy 26.23%

pls find for me for win 7  64bit  OS PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_80CB103C&REV_42 Please please find for methanksthanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-notebook-15-af139ca/td-p/5615126
Relevancy 26.23%

I have hp g62 notebook came with windows 7 home premium and last year Microsoft offered windows 10 home premium .Suddenly the windows closed down was a message "hdd not exist" or some other time says"boot device not found".I have to replace in the old hdd but I don't have recovery desks. The recovery file was saved in one partition in the old hdd.I don't how to start with the new hdd and to recover the old windows I need help please thanks.Regards

A:I have hp g62 notebook I have to replace in hdd but I don't ...

Hi, As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from Windows 7, you can just create your own installation media and perform a clean installation of Windows 10 as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-hp-g62-notebook-I-have-to-replace-in-hdd-but-I-don-t/td-p/5665816
Relevancy 26.23%

Can anyone tell me what voltage I need for my notebook for the truck. I have seen various prices from 199 to 59 Cdn dollars. Best Buy, Office Depot want 170 to 199. Radio Shack can offer me a 175 voltage for 59 Cdn. Thank you in advance for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ac-inverter-for-notebook.205701/
Relevancy 26.23%

im thinking about getting a notebook pc pretty soon. i would just like to know your guys' opinions on what brand is the best and maybe even model. i just need some direction. im looking for a desktop replacement, top of the line. what do you think i should look at?

A:notebook recommendations??

alienware, cyber power systems, dell XPS mobile gaming station, HP has a few good ones.

you want AMD 64 or P4, 128mb ati 9700 video card. 1gig ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-recommendations.264138/
Relevancy 26.23%

Are there any adapters that would allow me to plug in my laptop to use as a monitor for my desktop?

A:Notebook as monitor?

Not that I know of, and it is unlikely

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-as-monitor.245673/
Relevancy 26.23%

My grandson has just clicked on the XP pro 2010 virus as it was asking him to update (he didn't realise it was a virus)anyway we have done system restore and took it back a week but it won't load the home page and just freezes.

Its a notebook with no external drive and so cannot put a recovery disc in even if i had one. it wont let me do anything
because i cannot get on to the internet to download any programmes to fix it.

Anyone with any help or suggestions please.
kriss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-xp-notebook.941671/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I had purchased a refurbished HP EliteBook notebook last year. And 3 months back I had upgraded to Windows 10. I was not happy with the new OS, so yesterday I did the factory reset and got windows 7 back. I was installing the necessary softwares and kept my notebook unattended in the night. When I checked in the morning, the power was off. I tried starting it but my notebook is not booting. I did the hard reset. No led blinks on the keyboard. But I can see that the power button is lit and the fan is running. I performed other tests:Start up test : passedRun in test: running continuously from 2 hrsHard disk test: passed. Please help in solving the problem 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Notebook-won-t-start/td-p/5657361
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade the CPU in a Toshiba M30 notebook, from a 1.5GHz Banias chip to a 1.6+ Dothan chip? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BL

A:Notebook CPU upgrade

I strongly suggest you forget about the idea. The difference isn't worth the trouble of the conversion, and it's frequently very difficult to swap processors in laptops. In general, if you gain less than a 1.5:1 improvement in processor speed, you'll notice very little difference in visual performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-cpu-upgrade.261012/
Relevancy 26.23%

My laptop just won't boot at all. The small LED blue lights appear but there is no sound, fan sound or screen light. I've performed a hard reset to no avail and it appears to be charging when I plug it in. Nothing I've tried has helped and I need to fix it somehow. The laptop is 6 months old and hasn't even been used much. Wondering if it was previously a shelf model. Has anyone got any ideas of what to do next? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-notebook-won-t-boot-up/td-p/5669862