Windows Support Forum

Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors

Q: Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors

I replaced a faulty hard drive on a Dell Studio running Windows Vista Professional last week Upon reloading Vista from an OEM disk and reconfiguring all of the drivers the 1737 Errors Test Studio Dell Memory slot fed optical drive failed It wouldn t read any cd or dvd I double checked the drivers that wasn t the issue The drive continually ejected all disks and didn t allow exploration Upon attempting to boot the computer failed multiple times I ran a memory test from the boot menu I have experienced the following error codes from Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors the memory test - and - I also get a xc f In an attempt to trouble Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors shoot the Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors machine and find out if the hard drive was at issue or if it was the optical drive I removed the optical drive Who in the world decided a slot fed optical drive was a good idea that s a bear to remove Anyway I still get the same errors My question is can I run this PC without the optical drive I expected it to boot without issue after the faulty optical drive was not an issue I don t want to put more money in a machine that is going to eat hard drives It is difficult to find a replacement slot fed optical drive and a ridiculous task to replace I planned to run this machine with an external optical drive but I need to get it to boot I m stumped and would love any input offered In advance I will say AVOID ANY DELL WITH A SLOT FED DRIVE It takes hours to dissemble it to even access the drive Drawer fed might look retro but seriously it jumps outta the machine nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors

If you are getting errors from Memory tests the first thing I would be looking at is the RAM. Faulty RAM can cause no end of apparently random errors which can lead you all over the place trying to find the cause.

If you have 2 or more sticks of RAM take them all out and try running the PC with just 1 stick at a time to see if the fault occurs. If you get the error with one particular stick installed then there is a reasonable chance you have a faulty RAM module, if it happens with all I would double check by doing the same test but put the RAM in a different slot on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-memory-test-errors.909246/
Relevancy 98.47%

Ok guys this is the problem. I dropped my computer and cracked the screen. Its not covered in the warrenty and i have to have it fixed. I was wondering if i could send my computer into dell and have them check to see whats wrong with it and send me the bill? Also i would like to have the touch screen put on it and instead of Vista have Windows 7. If there is a better approach to doing this please inform me. If you have any questions about my operating systems or anything like that ask away.

Thanks for all your help.
Krik

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-dell-studio-1737-a-480668.html
Relevancy 98.04%

whenever i switch on my dell studio 1737 laptop it wont go past the dell logo stage.
any help out there on how to fix the problem?
at the moment i am running a diagnostics test and seems like most devices are passing the test.
Michael

A:dell studio 1737 laptop wont boot past dell logo

It could be any number of things but my first 2 guesses are possibly the hard drive or motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere so that you will get a correct diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-laptop-wont-boot-past-dell-logo.1107624/
Relevancy 97.18%

Dell Studio 1737. Using Vista. Was running well. Now on bootup get screen ...'.Launch startup repair or start normally'
on clicking repair it tries, then gets screen...' checking system for problems' which I ran and got 'Startup repair cannot repair automatically'. Gives choice to send info. or don't send info.
The problem details are as follows:
Problem signature 1 AutoFailover
2 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000
3 6
4 1376276
5 Bad driver
6 Bad Driver
7 0
8 3
9 WrpRepair
10 10
I am looking for a solution (if there is any) to not have to do a repair that will destroy my files.

Within last 3 weeks installed McAffee (had problems installing) and connected a 'Nook'

In the last 3 weeks had installed McAfee (had problems installing) and connected a 'Nook'

Relevancy 97.18%

I have a Studio 1737 laptop running windows 7 64 bit home premium, i know windows 10 is not supported for this model laptop but I was wondering if anyone has tried installing windows 10 on one of these and what the problems are if any.
Many Thanks
Victor

A:Dell Studio 1737 Windows 10

VA27000,
The problem would be that some of the hardware would not function properly;if all. This is due to not having the needed drivers for Windows 10. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19979848
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I could not find it in this posting site, I have a dell 1737 running windows 7 ultimate and I can not reformat the hard drive. I've tried F8 function clicked on "repair your computer" and once I press enter it start windows normally like its skipping past the repair option screen that is suppose to come after that screen. Anyone else have this happen? whats wrong with this pc and why won't it reformat?

A:help with reformat dell studio 1737

You may follow the steps described in the tutorial : Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244957-help-reformat-dell-studio-1737-a.html
Relevancy 96.32%

hi guys i have a dell studio laptop 1737/DVD Dell RW in studio mode... PIO stuck its specs are dual core intel gb ram gb hdd with sucker dvd rw drive i have a problem Dell studio 1737/DVD RW stuck in PIO mode... since the st day i bought it it burns everything but when i try to make bootable disk it says the drive is in PIO mode n not in DMA or DAO mode and needs some settings to be done to bring it in DAO mode i went for Dell studio 1737/DVD RW stuck in PIO mode... its solution i contacted dell help line service they gave a patch i applied but still the drive says it is in PIO mode when i go in device manager n see the drive in ATA section it says its DMA is enabled somewhere on web search i read that it might be some problem with cables connecting to dvd drive making it conflic not set as proper Master or Slave but my Qs is it has come as from factory laptop no changes then how it is possible this problem come anyone who knows after this whole story what is possible solution

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268472-dell-studio-1737-dvd-rw-stuck-pio-mode.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I am not sure what the cause is so I am looking for suggestions. I am not sure if it is the battery or not. It won't turn on when it is pluggged up either. Is it just fried?

Relevancy 95.03%

This isn't actually a new issue but I've just used an external USB mouse since it occurred. The dell touchpad no longer will respond to anything. All of the touch buttons at the top work fine as does the keyboard. I just don't know if its a hardware issue or a driver issue. I installed the latest drivers and it still doesn't work so I'm assuming it could be hardware.

What also struck me as odd is that after installing the dell touchpad program and drivers I can't seem to launch the dell touchpad utility. It asks me to run the program but it never actually runs the computer acts as if I hadn't done anything.

Any ideas folks?

Relevancy 94.17%

I have a next 1737 Studio works shutdown Twice until Dell then fine BSOD Dell about years old Upgraded to Windows about months ago After any shutdown the system will start up will run for about seconds then it will Blue Screen throw Dell Studio 1737 BSOD Twice then works fine until next shutdown out random errors so far no have been alike that I can tell System will restart then it will BSOD death again restart and then system will work just fine until I restart system again I have wiped hard drive and reloaded windows no change I did not reinstall any programs after wiping hard drive other than windows Just been using an computer to access Internet I did update all drivers from Dell website I disabled webcam and fingerprint reader I have searched forums but no sucess I assume it is a driver issue but can t seem to figure out which driver it is Anyone have any suggestions I can use my system but it is a pain to have to deal with BSOD restarts after every shutdown I guess I could go back to XP and see if that works Before wiping hard drive I had the bit version of installed and got same results Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc M G Antivirus None nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-bsod-twice-then-works-fine-until-next-shutdown.1032998/
Relevancy 94.17%

My not quite year old dell studio laptop win white 1737 laptop Solved: screen - studio Dell quite working properly on me over the weekend I now have a display that is completely white It does not change when moving the screen up Solved: Dell studio 1737 laptop - white screen or down but does go black momentarily when booting I Solved: Dell studio 1737 laptop - white screen can currently access the computer via logmein remote viewing software and it is functioning properly When it first occurred I attached it to an external monitor and was able to view it on that A later attempt at attaching it to an external monitor failed although I suspect that is due to my randomly turning it on an off while looking at it causing it to not shut down boot properly I plan on confirming that it works with an external monitor or not later today Assuming that it works with the external monitor that means it is either the screen or the inverter correct Since I used it at night set it down still running and it was white in the morning I am assuming that it is the inverter is this a correct assumption to make I m really not familiar with laptop repair troubleshooting like i am with a desktop I found a great youtube video here that show me how to replace the inverter With inverters are they computer monitor specific Meaning i m looking to spend as little as possible so I need to know what I need to look for I think that is the whole story if I made poor incorrect assumptions guesses troubleshooting or if anyone has some tips for me I would appreciate the input nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

I currently have a Studio 1737 with a 500GB SSD, Windows 10, and recently bought a Studio 1749 with a 750GD SATA HD, Windows 10.

I'm wondering if it's possible to just switch the SSD with the SATA to the new laptop, or if I should go through the process of making a recovery USB, install the SSD to the 1749, reformat and reinstall Windows 10.  
I'm not really relishing the idea of losing all my programs with the reformat, especially since I have long since lost the registration keys, etc. for most of the programs.
Any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993890
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Everyone I wonder if you could help me as i m now officially stumped I am trying to repair a Dell Studio - for a friend Specs Dell Studio - Dell Hangs at 'Starting 1737 Windows' Studio Windows Dual Core T GB Ram GB HD DVDRW WiFi VHP Windows vista was installed The problem was that windows would hang at the starting windows bit I was able to boot into safe Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows' mode so I was hopeful that I could solve it I tried to restore to factory setting from the partition on the hard drive This would again hang at the same place I tried wiping the hard drive completely in the hopes that I could reinstall vista from a disc Again it hangs at starting windows So at this point the hard drive is not completely blank I tried it with a Windows disc as well Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried without the battery Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried with just one memory stick then with just the other one Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried with a different hard drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried the diagnostic tests available during start up This highlighted a problem with the DVD drive so I removed the drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried removing the CMOS battery amp replacing it after a minute Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried turning off all the options in the BIOS for USB WIFI etc everything that was possible to turn off I did in case that worked as I read a post that the BIOS settings could be causing the problems Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve ran a number of tests from the Ultimate Boot disc on the hard drive amp memory Still hangs at the starting windows bit Reset BIOS settings Still hangs at the starting windows bit I am now at a loss and would appreciate any guidance as I REALLY want to fix this for my friend and don t wanna let it beat me Obviously if we find out what it is and it s super expensive then obviously we can t fix it but at least I d know that I tried my best I look forward to hearing any of your suggestions amp thanks in advance Thanks championless nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Everyone I wonder if you could help me as i'm now officially stumped I am trying to repair a Dell Studio - for a friend Specs Dell Studio - Dual Core T GB Ram GB HD DVDRW WiFi 1737 Dell Studio at 'Starting Hangs Windows' Windows VHP Windows vista was installed The problem was that windows would hang at the starting windows bit I was able to boot into safe mode so I was hopeful that I could solve it I tried to restore to factory setting from the partition on the hard drive This would again hang at the same place I tried wiping the hard drive completely in the hopes that I could reinstall vista from a disc Again it hangs at starting windows So at this point the hard drive Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows' is not completely blank I tried it with a Windows disc as well Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried without the battery Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried with just one memory stick then with just the other one Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried with a different hard drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried the diagnostic tests available during start up This highlighted a problem with the DVD drive so I removed the drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried removing the CMOS battery amp replacing it after a minute Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried turning off all the options in the BIOS for USB WIFI etc everything that was possible to turn off I did in case that worked as I read a post that the BIOS settings could be causing the problems Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve ran a number of tests from the Ultimate Boot disc on the hard drive amp memory Still hangs at the starting windows bit Reset BIOS settings Still hangs at the starting windows bit I am now at a loss and would appreciate any guidance as I REALLY want to fix this for my friend and don t wanna let it beat me Obviously if we find out what it is and it s super expensive then obviously we can t fix it but at least I d know that I tried my best I look forward to hearing any of your suggestions amp thanks in advance I T Girl

A:Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows'

Once in Safe mode click Start, Run, type msconfig and press Enter

Now select 'Diagnostic startup' on the General tab, Apply, Ok and then restart your machine and see if it hangs

Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-1737-windows-hangs-at-starting-windows-591934.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am currently running vista 32 bit and am about to install windows 7 64 bit home premium on my studio 1737 laptop.  Does anyone who has done this already have any guidance or notes on doing this?  Also is it worth doing the free upgrade to windows 10 once 7 is installed?
Any help would be very appreciated.

Victor

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19974913
Relevancy 76.11%

I am about to do a clean install of Windows 7 64bit on my studio 1737 laptop which is currently running Home Vista 32 bit.  When I do a clean install it lists 3 partitions, 1=oem reserved, 2=recovery and 3=os.
I will delete partion 3 but was wondering if I should delete partitions 1 and 2?

Many Thanks
Victor

A:Studio 1737 Vista to Win7 upgrade

VA27000,
One of the partitions is the diagnostics, one is the Windows Vista Restore and the other is Windows Vista.If you are doing a Windows 7 upgrade then you would leave the vista install and if you wanted to keep the diagnostic partition you can. Otherwise you could delete the vista restore partition since you installing Windows 7. If you are doing a clean install then you could delete partitions 2-3. Below is a link for Windows 7 information as well as a link to download Windows 7 drivers for your computer.
Windows 7 Support
Studio 1737 Drivers and Downloads

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19976448
Relevancy 70.95%

is this normal??? yes or no

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...91129-1328.jpg

A:mem test finding errors outside my memory limit...

Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious

is this normal??? yes or no

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...91129-1328.jpg

Hi S

Not normal but not as bad as i have seen. we could use some comp info.

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/42971-mem-test-finding-errors-outside-my-memory-limit.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm working on a Dell Studio 1745 (Windows 7/2X2GB DDR3 memory) which would blue-screen on boot and beep four times. I removed and replaced the memory modules one at a time and found one module was defective, but computer would boot and run with the one good 2GB module. I ordered two new matched DDR3 2GB modules. With both new modules installed, the computer will boot then blue-screen within two minutes. I can install either of the new modules in either slot and the computer will boot and run flawlessly, but installing the second module causes it to blue-screen and shut down almost immediately. Any ideas will be immensly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-memory-problem.1060564/
Relevancy 69.23%

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS sometime ago but when I tried to upgrade the memory from GB to GB I ran into some problems First off here are the specifications of my PC which will hopefully give more information for Dell in 8000 not Bios - detected Memory XPS Studio anyone who is willing to help me troubleshoot Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 my predicament Dell Studio XPS Chassis Serial Number WWXML Running Windows - bit Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board Dell Inc X R A Serial Number CN BM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Chipset Intel D rev The original memory configuration that came with my Dell Studio XPS is as follows DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White I had a total of gb of memory I replaced it with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB This was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty I had planned on buying another pack of Corsair DDR GB x GB if the GB worked therefore bringing me to the maximum amount of GB of memory which is all the motherboard can handle according to specifications However when I booted the computer with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB only GB of the GB registered in the Bios I rotated the strips and they were both good When I went to switch back to the original configuration that came with the computer DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White My PC would not boot and made a continuous beeping sound I am no longer able to use the original Dell memory in any configuration Therefore I am stuck with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB that was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty Slot White with GB of Ram being the only memory recognized The GB in Slot White does not register in the Bios and is not seen by other software utilities that I have tried Hopefully you can now see my frustration and realize that I now have less memory available to me than originally came with my PC I read through many internet forums and tried all sorts of different things to solve the problem but the results are always the same leaving my PC with only GB of memory to be accessed I m guessing that there must be something wrong with the motherboard but I m really not sure Unfortunately Dell has been of very little help Not sure what my next step should be but if there is anyone out there that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John M nbsp

A:Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000

As that model doesnt have diver support for windows 10, that may be part of the issue. That rig wasnt meant for w10, have you considered going back? That may help. I dont see a way to run that OS on that hardware. At least reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-not-detected-in-bios-dell-studio-xps-8000.1158719/
Relevancy 67.08%

My daughter s Dell refuses to turn on For the past few days the computer would turn off without warning but she was able to restart it without 1737 will died - up power not Dell issue At one point she notice a burning smell Today it died completely Pressing the on button has no Dell 1737 died - will not power up effect She cannot recall if she heard the fan running or not or if the computer feels hot Other background Removing the battery and running on AC does not work The power switch is new due to replacing the back cover six months ago The ac charger is new less than months old and the blue LED on the cord lights up When plugged in the white light on the computer comes on and goes off immediately The battery is original Probably wearing out but running on AC is okay for now When I push the test button on the battery I get at least leds lighting up Inverter keyboard and Dell 1737 died - will not power up LCD power cable have been replaced I am not sure Dell 1737 died - will not power up where to start My gut says power supply board I would think a bad fan would not prevent the system from trying to start A dead MB is a possibility but wouldn t I see some signs when trying to power up such as flashing leds I would like to fix this since she needs for school every day I do not want to replace it since she is going to college next year and the college might want a certain brand Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

My computer got the blue screen yesterday, STOP error to prevent damage to my computer.
TECHNICAL INFO
Stop:0x000000007E (02xFFFFFFFFC0000005,OxFFFFF8800F3EA709,
OxFFFFF880059CCED8,0xFFFFF88059CC730)

***atikmdag.sys - address O2FFFFFFFFCOOOOOO5,OxFFFFF8800F3EA709 base at FFFFF8800F2BE000,DATE STAMP 55b83e06

I did a PC doctor stress test on it and got this message.
System memory failed advanced pattern test WME22-OlD
The written pattern did match the pattern read, test finished Failed.
What should I do????????  Help

A:Dell xps 9100 System Memory failed stress test

Hello!  Normally if a memory test fails the memory chips are going bad.  What you could do is go into the computer, take out the memory and put it back in.  This is called re-seating the memory.  Make sure you unplug everything including power, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds to make sure there is no power to the motherboard.  Once you re-seat everything run the test again and if it fails you might want to consider getting some new memory chips.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682819
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought in Feb09 a Dell 1737 Laptop running Vista. Last Thurs I received an update to my Radeon 3650 Graphics Card, loaded it, rebooted and all H broke out.
Mostly Windows components failed, like Desktop Mgr. Startup items, etc
Couldn’t get on Internet Explorer but Google Chrome was running.
Did a restore to a month earlier, didn’t help. Updated Windows, loaded netFrameWork 1.1, Radeon again, checked if I was up to date on everything, no help.

Now, that it is mostly working; graphics card will drive the 47”LCD TV and I can watch some videos, like the Today show ( I think embedded ) but can’t watch streaming videos on Hulu. The video will start then windows desktop mgr or Google chrome fails and doesn’t recover.
Was on a Dell Chat session last night; the first tech updated the Bios after reboot I lost her.
Then the second guy reloaded drivers and Flash /shockwave. No Change
Please Help Me

A:Dell 1737 vista Graphics Problems

was everything working fine before the update?
i would suggest trying to roll back the driver or uninstall and reinstall with the original disc / drivers that you used initially and keep those.
like they say if it aint broke - dont try to fix it.
personally - before trying to roll back the driver i would just opt to uninstall and reinstall with the original driver(s)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1737-vista-graphics-problems.951624/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I am Bios Memory Test Kill - Memory Displayed Cannot Not Solved: Test running Windows Solved: Bios Memory Test Not Displayed - Cannot Kill Memory Test Xp SP gig of Ram and am having an issue with my Gigabyte Motherboard model number P-G-RH and my BIOS version is F I have recently noticed an issue on my bios post screen when my PC is started the PC does the memory test where it should say Memory Test XXXXXXX x amount of RAM all i see on my screen is Memory T I can not see the test being undertaken after about and a half minutes the memory test will complete at which point i can see the full words Memory Test and how much memory was tested as well as my master and slave drives listed I CAN NOT skip the memory test by pressing space bar or esc i can only enter the bios via the delete button and i only enter the bios once the memory test has completed I can still run windows normally but i do not like that i am having to do a memory test everytime i start my PC I would like to point out while in XP the same amount of RAM shown when the test completes is consistant with what is shown in the quot My Computer quot properties I have tried all versions of my bios but still it is doing the memory test I would appreciate any help in getting this fixed I have not been able to find away to disable the memory test in the BIOS I hope you get back to me at your earliest convenience thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone In need of help. Started up my Dell 1737 laptop and I am greeted by a blank screen, though the machine goes through the motions of starting up. When connected to an external monitor all works fine, and I have tried changing the inverter, but no luck. Ran a diagnostic check, and receive the following:

Error Code 0321
Msg: Error Code 2000-0321
Msg: LCD EDID - Unable to access EDID EEPROM

Prior to this everything was working fine. The display had even brightness and color.

Would anyone be able to restore my sanity, and offer some words of wisdom/guidance? Would be much appreciated. Many Thanks.

A:Solved: Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop

Hi and welcome to TSG!!

It kinda sounds like a new LCD is in order. It's usually best to get the numbers off the existing panel to match it up more closely. You might want to verify the flat ribbon cable is securely fastened on each end, too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-display-on-dell-1737-laptop.1036779/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone In need of help Started up my Dell laptop and I am 1737 2000-0321 display on laptop, Error Dell Blank greeted by a blank screen though the machine goes through the motions of starting up I do not see any faint ghosting When connected to an external monitor all works fine and I have tried changing the inverter but Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321 no luck Ran a diagnostic check and receive the following Error Code Msg Error Code - Msg LCD EDID - Unable to access EDID EEPROM I also tried holding the quot D quot key and powering up The LCD flashed a series of solid color screens Red Green Blue White Black I assume that this means that the backlight is good Does it also mean that the cable is good Not sure what else to check I am guessing that it is eiter the LCD screen controller board itself or the cable Any advice I am comfortable replacing parts Prior to this everything was working fine The display had even brightness and color Would anyone be able to restore my sanity and offer some words of wisdom guidance Would be much appreciated Many Thanks nbsp

A:Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321

Replace the LCD panel including the backlight. External monitor okay, motherboard is okay... Slight chance of a damaged LCD cable to motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-display-on-dell-1737-laptop-error-2000-0321.176322/
Relevancy 58.91%

hello.
i have a bit of a prob. i had a power crash in my house and my pc died from it, i changed the power suplyer and fron that day my pc is working really slow.
i dont know what part of my pc is not working like it sould. some one told me that there is some prog. that i can test my vidio card with it "3Dmark" and some prog. that i can test my memory with it but i dont know the name.
so if some 1 can help me and give me a link were i can download thoes programs it will really help me.
thanks.

A:video card test & memory test.

Try searching for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-test-memory-test.24333/
Relevancy 58.91%

Need some guidance I'm trying to help a friend who got hit by something virus malware etc Cleaned that up but In looking over his Win bit Home Premium system I noticed his Windows Update had not run in over a year So I tried to run it manually and have been going down a rabbit hole ever since It looks like something has completely removed all the subkeys to quot Component Based Servicing quot which is core to the whole Update process TrustedInstaller is throwing all sorts of errors I tried to run an sfc scannow and it fails So last I ran a Readiness Test Whoa it fixed and left errors Almost all related to the regkeys needed for Component Readiness errors, Win 7 Test Update errors Help 5000+ returning Based Servicing Is there an overall re-install for Windows Update and it's dependent components Is there any chance this laptop can be saved I've run out of idea's All googled fixes have failed so I'm open to all suggestions at this point Thx

A:Win 7 Update errors, Readiness Test returning 5000+ errors Help

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304382-win-7-update-errors-readiness-test-returning-5000-errors-help.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) after ignoring the constant encouragement to upgrade for quite sometime. It was fine for quite some time (weeks/months). Yesterday, after a restart, the blue tiled screen with the "Choose An Option" menu came up. You can "Test Memory", "Test System" or "Exit". The problem is that when you do any of these options, it just keeps cycling back to this "Choose An Option" screen.

I have a Dell Inspiron 570 (older machine). I've gotten it to go to the BIOS Setu Utility by pressing F2 (constantly as it cycles). I have the DVD/CD in the drive, but it seems to be disabled?

I'm stuck and would appreciate any help at all...please.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-choose-an-option-test-memory-test-system-exit.1164906/
Relevancy 55.9%

If you are also running an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor and Intel G45/G43 Chipset I sure could use a copy of your driver for the SM Bus Controller.

Thanks

A:Anybody running 64-bit dell studio 540 with dell motherboard 0m017g a00 ?

Thanks Sticky for posting the latest Intel update.
This solved my problem. Also had to update and install latest Java before any of this worked.
Side note: Intel installed 16 driver updates. Doing a complete software re-install is not that much fun.

Nogee

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300815-anybody-running-64-bit-dell-studio-540-dell-motherboard-0m017g-a00.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All Here s some info about my system This was an e-Machines build with the addition of a Zoran DC plus a GB WD IDE harddrive a Lite-on LTR- s and MB Kingston Value PC RAM Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x Motherboard Name FIC K M-NF G AU PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce IGP System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU MB Memory Controller Properties Error Detection Method -bit Parity Error Correction None Supported Memory Interleave -Way Current fails Windiag crashes Memory RAM test, Memory 86+ Memory Interleave -Way Supported Memory RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+ Speeds ns ns ns Supported Memory Types DIMM Supported Memory Voltages V Maximum Memory Module Size MB Memory Slots SPD Memory Modules DIMM Samsung M L ETN-CB MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Kingston K MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz This system has never been what I would call stable I have had to completly reinstall the Windows XP OS kept up to date and with SP at least or times which due to the way RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+ e-Machines configured the system discs wipes the hard drive I now reside the OS on the GB drive and try to keep most of my data video photos music on the GB drive Recently I had to use the recovery console after a can t RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+ find windows system config message A system crash after that sent me to http oca microsoft com en windiag asp I used the test and both memory modules failed equally I moved them around and tried both one at a time The Samsung module seems to consistently show twice the eroors as the Kingston module I tried the Memory test and it consistently crashed at test Microsoft s information suggests motherboard problems When I generate an Everest report on the system it includes a debug-pci section Does this mean anything A large part of me wants to celebrate the backend of this system but my pocket book does not agree Is there a way to pinpoint whether it s the motherboard or the ram or do I ditch them both Can I rebuild the system with a new motherboard cpu ram and reuse all the rest of the system I am attaching a few recent minidumps I would appreciate any advice nbsp

A:RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your problem is almost certainly caused by faulty ram.

The fact that memtest86+ is reporting ram errors, means your ram is bad.

One of your minidumps crashes with memory corruption.

Try one new stick of ram, and test your system.

The other three minidumps crash with Windows system file errors, but this can be attributed to faulty ram.

Also, one minidump crashes at SYMEvent.SYS=Symantec Event Library.

This is a known issue on some machines/configurations.

Turning off the live updates can sometimes solve this. Otherwise try using a different security product.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-fails-windiag-memory-test-crashes-memory-86.35469/
Relevancy 53.32%

I installed Ms Visual studio There my VB was Studio errors Visual working just fine But my Visual C and Inter Dev never ran properly Whenever i try to run VC I get an error saying that it caused an illegal operation and would be closed the details says this MSDEV caused an invalid page fault in module MFC DLL at c fc Registers EAX CS EIP c fc EFLGS EBX SS f ESP edd EBP ee ECX c DS f ESI c FS Visual Studio errors da EDX ES f EDI e f GS Bytes Visual Studio errors at CS EIP ff a e c c c b Stack dump c b f c c f c e f e f a Now my VB was working just fine when but since the last few days it started giving me the same illegal operation error VB caused an invalid page fault in module VB EXE at edd Registers EAX CS EIP edd EFLGS EBX f SS f ESP ff d EBP ff ECX ff e DS f ESI FS f f EDX ES f EDI GS Bytes at CS EIP b ff a c e fd ff Stack dump f ca f c Now I can t run anything of my Visual Studio I tried to uninstall but it gave some misisng file error and uninstallation aborted Even my setup is not working Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-studio-errors.86086/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I work with Windows XP home edition.

I recently installed Visual C++ 6.0 from the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise edition.

Since then, I've started to get runtime errors when performing the most mundane of tasks.

For instance, I'll be logging into eBay and a box will popup that says: A runtime error has occurred, Do you wish to debug? Line 1587, syntax error.

I have no doubt that this is related to the Visual software, and I've since uninstalled it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks so much,
Dr. Michael

Relevancy 52.46%

I don't know what caused three errors after using the "normal" VS Studio 15 Preview installer (as show in the screenshot). I also attached the installation log. I already have Visual Studio 2015 ( VS Studio 14) installed and I think that may have contributed to it. I was able to use the application, but I think these errors limit some functionality in terms of what I'm able to do in the preview.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/50885-vs-studio-preview-errors-after-installation.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I keep getting These Visual Studios Just-in-time errors popping up on my computer, and then closing my programs. anyone know how to fix these? here is a picture of the error... it's not only with iTunes I Get it, but iTunes has not run since I installed vista either... i have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 20000000000000000 times.

A:Visual Studio Just-in-time Errors

Sorry to answer:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305042

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/visual-studio-just-in-time-errors-142459.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I recently installed Visual C++ 6.0 from the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise edition.

Since then, I've started to get runtime errors when performing the most mundane of tasks.

For instance, I'll be logging into eBay and a box will popup that says: A runtime error has occurred, Do you wish to debug? Line 1587, syntax error.

I have no doubt that this is related to the Visual software, and I've since uninstalled it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks so much,
Dr. Michael

A:Runtime errors with Visual Studio 6.0

Closed duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=141437

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runtime-errors-with-visual-studio-6-0.141494/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Any thoughts??

Thanks so much,
Dr. Michael

Relevancy 52.03%

Memtest and other memory test software don't tell you which of the modules is the faulty one. Is there any way to tell which is the bad stick besides testing one-by-one?

Thank you

A:Does any memory test tell you which of the memory sticks is bad?

Not really. but you can test each stick one by one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-any-memory-test-tell-you-which-of-the-memory-sticks-is-bad.213800/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I am trying to learn the basics of SQL Transaction Query and have installed Visual Studio 2015 Community edition (VS) and set up an Azure trial subscription as a requisite to the course. On loading VS, I am consistently receiving the following two errors (attached).
I have tried running devenv.exe tools and sfc /scannow and also tried to repair the VS installation twice. The failure to load the two packages is preventing me from participating in my online course.
Here are the specs of my system:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 11482 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8650G, 768 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953080 MB, Free - 148154 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 198B
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
Thanks in advance to anybody willing to assist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-studio-package-loading-errors.1152896/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok i have just a motherboard cpu and ram pluged in. Everytime after about an hour I start to get errors on test 7 of memtest. I have just changed the ram from 1gb of kingston to 1gb of ocz and it is still doing the same thing( I tried every piece in every combination possible). I have and old intel 775 p4 processer, a intel d945gtp motherboard and a ultraconnect 500W power supply.

When ever i put windows onto one of it's 3 harddrives it constantly gice crc errors so i can install almost nothing.

I just wasted $60 for ram for it and it didn't make a difference. Would would the cpu or the motherboard be my next step?
EDIT: upgraded the bios and it works now

A:Memtest test 7 errors

Welcome to TSG....

What kind of RAM is this Kingston or OCZ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memtest-test-7-errors.662855/
Relevancy 52.03%

Haf X Asus Rampage III Formula Core I - stock Cooler Master V CPU Cooler kits GB of G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL running in triple channel x Palit GB GTX in SLI Corsair TX watt PSU Windows Pro bit Well first off I m on my second build and I intend to OC My first build was nothing but making sure the Ram was clocked and timed according to specs and unlocking my BE s extra cores On this build all I ve been running is basic tasks and not much gaming on stock settings for several New rig: test stability errors Pre-OC'ing weeks I want to get a moderate overclock ghz on New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors my i - would be nice for starters The overclocking guide I found said to make sure my system was stable at stock I m actually a little bit surprised I hadn t ran prime already When I realized I hadn t even downloaded prime I decided to do so and run it And to my surprise I get an error not mins into the blend test quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file quot I ve never actually gotten an error from prime because my first build wasn t built for OC ing and pushing the hardware to its limits I m not actually quite sure where to go from here Any advice The blend test of prime says it tests the CPU and some Ram should I start to prepare myself mentally for RMA ing at least one component nbsp

A:New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors

this could be a problem with your ram why you need 24GB is crazy to much of a chance of one of the sticks being bad i would try them all separate and see if you still get the error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-pre-ocing-stability-test-errors.159769/
Relevancy 52.03%

My problem is that I am trying to restore a friend's Dell Studio laptop back to its factory settings I follow Dell 1555 Studio to option Image Dell Factory settings,no factory the procedure mentioned on Dell's website however there is no Dell Factory Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option Image Restore option I Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option have checked the laptop's Disk Management and there is a Recovery partition in fact there are partitions A MB OEM partition with no letter assigned C Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Recovery Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy System Active Primary Partition GB In short when the computer starts I hit F I enter the Advanced Boot Options and select Repair Your Computer I then select the language and login with the administrative account however there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option there My options are shown the image below Another issue that concerns me is that on the picture above it says Windows on D Local Disk however there is no such partition on the laptop's disk I would be thankful if anyone could give some advise on how to restore the laptop to its factory settings using the recovery partition Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option

On a Dell, if some other OS was installed, the Dell "PC Restore" (Recovery Partition) is no longer valid (corrupted) and the only way to reinstall is with a Windows OS installation disc and then download whatever device drivers you need from the Dell downloads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317093-dell-studio-1555-factory-settings-no-dell-factory-image-option.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I've had nothing but great luck with Windows and my current computer for almost a year A couple weeks ago however I errors/bad bluescreens/stack image dumps/memory errors started getting intermittent and seemingly random stop screens There seems to be no pattern to the blue screens sometimes I'll be gaming or sometimes the computer will be idle when it happens In addition to the stop screens in some applications I have also had errors pop up in programs involving the term 'bad image' and the dbghelp dll file I replaced the dbghelp dll file using the method described here Debug Help Library Windows Following those instructions bluescreens/stack dumps/memory errors/bad image errors and installing the software bluescreens/stack dumps/memory errors/bad image errors advised did nothing to fix the problem I've also noted that the user interface freezes briefly every so often and then begins to work again This happens in various programs like Adobe Photoshop and my amazon s browser but also just on the windows desktop Randomly also various programs stop working and close Here is a link to the dump file info both large and mini dump files and a screen shot of the 'bad image' error sorry for the file size https s amazonaws com only-PC onl oubleshoot rar I wouldn't consider myself a 'power user' and I don't over clock or do any other enthusiast activities Other things I've done to try and resolve this problem I have removed all items from the startup in msconfig I've removed any and all unnecessary applications I've scanned for viruses using Malware Bytes AVAST and Microsoft Security Essentials No viruses have been found I've checked to make sure my computer isn't overheating in any way it isn't My computer is set up as follows Windows Professional bit with ALL latest windows updates Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor GIGABYTE GA-EP -UD P LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTS GB -bit GDDR PCI Express gigs of high performance DDR memory not sure what kind System drive is two gig drives in stripe RAID using the motherboard's onboard RAID Just trying to be as specific as possible If you need any further information let me know and I will provide it I'm lost on this I just want to get back to work PLEASE HELP - James

A:bluescreens/stack dumps/memory errors/bad image errors

Upload the most recent dumps
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126630-bluescreens-stack-dumps-memory-errors-bad-image-errors.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Last night our second family PC Blue Screened with an 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error which is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Memory is Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (DDR 400) in a 4x512 (2 gigs) configuration in a socket 939 system Epox 9NPA+Ultra motherboard.

The specs on this memory are as follows: 2.8 voltage which the motherboard has it set at correctly as well as in 2T. The CAS is a designed 2-2-2-6 but mobo has it set at 3-4-4-8 which is probably due to the 4x512 configuration and 2T

Ran memtest and into the fifth PASS received 212 errors all in Test 5. I saw enough so I tested each stick individually for the minimum Passes of 7 and no errors on any of them even in test 5.

So I reinstalled all four sticks, checked the BIOS settings and ran Memtest again and in the very first PASS I received 20 errors in Test 5.

Any ideas?

A:4 Memory Sticks Installed = Errors; Individually Tested = Zero Errors

maybe i misread your testing method, but could it be a bad dimm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-memory-sticks-installed-errors-individually-tested-zero-errors.143057/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys and gals
I am looking for some help with this.
When starting up Android Studio I can create a project but soon after I get the BSOD.
I have hd several error codes as you can see and am starting to get really frustrated. I recently tried using Eclipse and I got the same results then. See attached file with errors over the last 3 weeks
Please help, ta

A:Different BSOD errors when running Android Studio and Eclipse

The latest crash dump says ....

Code:
BugCheck 19, {20, fffff8a00de9a6b0, fffff8a00de9aac0, 5410103}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AsDsm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AsDsm.sys
Probably caused by : AsDsm.sys ( AsDsm+7f8a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
It is an asus's bloatware, not needed for a computer to run. I'd recommend you to Clean Up Factory Bloatware, with a special reference to Point #13

Quote:
13. Consider a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which is often better than getting a new computer considering how pre-installed bloatware can corrupt Windows 7 even if it's completely cleaned up.

Viewing the age of the bloatware ....

Code:
Image name: AsDsm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Feb 13 11:44:26 2009
And the age of the computer ...

Code:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K52F.210, 30/08/2010
I would prefer a clean einstall at first, and any further troubleshooting later. A clean reinstal is really due after that time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370682-different-bsod-errors-when-running-android-studio-eclipse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a Patriot Memory LX Series GB Class Micro SDHC from Amazon ca this is the first time I've used a Patriot Memory card Once I got it in the mail I tested it with ATTO Disk Benchmark Tool v using the settings in the screenshot provided I used the settings matching another customer on Amazon ca I've tried different card readers with the same results and only this new card gets these I O comparison errors Chkdsk showed no problems though I got this card on a whim and should've did more research from other sites the newegg and Amazon com seem to have poorer reviews it seems Also read this card or maybe all GB Class SDHC has problems with Android Do these errors mean anything serious Based on these results is this card prone to corruption and data loss I checked the Patriot yr warranty is it worth it to RMA I'd have to pay S amp H to Patriot

A:I/O Errors on SDHC Benchmark Test

bump for help. I've tried google, but I can't find out how serious I/O errors are for SDHC. I've transferred a 1080 movie onto the sdhc, and it transferred/played on my PC without any problems I could notice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242397-i-o-errors-sdhc-benchmark-test.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My sell studio one 1909 when I plug it in only the eject DVDs lights up for about 5 seconds and then it will not turn on... Thanks

A:Dell studio 1

Do you hear any beeps coming from it at all? If so, can you describe them, e.g. one short, two short, one short and three long, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1.1161336/
Relevancy 51.17%

when i turn my computer on. it goes to a black screen that says "windows error recovery"
"launch start up repair" which is highlighted. it counts down and then automaticly
starts.

then the message is "windows cannot repair this automaticly"
then i am given the option to send info to microsoft
it doesn't seem to matter if i send or not. the start up repair menu remains
asking "if you have reciently attached an exterrnal device, mp3, camera ect.. contact admin if you keep seeing this message."
"click finish to shut down your comp."
2 options are at bottom of menu top one says "view diognostic details
the bottom one says "view advanced options for recovery and support"
clicking on either seems to just result in a frozen screen and the compter never boots up.

A:my dell studio

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398566/my-dell-studio/
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer over heats (frequently shuts itself down telling me it detected it was over heating and it always feels HOT when you type) and it crashes (I return to my computer after a break to find it telling me it is recovering data after a crash) on a regular basis, won't run the Firefox browser properly, often runs slow

Can it be fixed or should I dump it and get a new laptop?,

No geek here

BoomerMary

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys Just wondered if anyone can give me a heads up on sound cards for the Dell Basically my computer is struggling atm running FL Studio so i was debating getting another here s a listing i found on eBay which seems to meet all the spec item number The main thing i need to know is about the sound card On FL Studio requirements it states - Sound card with directsound drivers compatible with ASIO ASIO for recording Here s a link of what i need if any body fancys looking https support image-line com knowledgebase base php ans I have seen i think sound cards HELP! FL Studio 12 Dell - 760 for the DELL but want to be sure Dell 760 - FL Studio 12 HELP! that they will fit if i do require to add an additional to the basic one installed So the route of my question is will this be ok to run the software on its installed sound card and if i do require a additional sound card for output for example the sound Blaster Z would this fit or be adpatable Would be great if you could help me THANKYOU nbsp

A:Dell 760 - FL Studio 12 HELP!

Additional.

At the moment i will not be using this to plug in mic's or instruments, only for basic EDM production and output speakers...
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-760-fl-studio-12-help.1164928/
Relevancy 50.74%

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

A:HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 50.74%

what is the best professional pc software can physically that test physically hardware for errors including sound card motherboard, processor, graphics card, memory, usb ports,harddrive and hard drive controller, power supply, dvd rw drives and speed and hardware io errors and interruppt conflicts and temperasture while running pc games. Can I get a free one or do I need to spend a fortune to get one. On On my old pc I hac pc doctor. I look on web and it said it now costs $$300.

I do not want software that just gathers information about hardware or optomizes but instead physically test my hardware for errors, for example any errors in math co processor.

what about burn test software

A:what is best software to physicaly test all hardware for errors

Im not sure what you are looking for. Are you looking for a benchmarking program or are you looking for a maintenance software. Or do you have any problems where it might cause BSODs and you want to see what component is failing. As you might have guessed there is no simple answer to this question no matter how you look at it. But in order to be able to answer your question of need i first need to know what you are looking for exactly.

Sounds to me like you actually want a software that somehow scans your hardware for problems. To be honest there are no programs out there that straight of the bat does that for you and are actually accurate. If i remember right that doctor program you are talking about only checks your hdd for sector errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229812-what-best-software-physicaly-test-all-hardware-errors.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Apparently Dell XPS have more than lives because I have gone through a complete replacement system hard drives motherboards a fan or two etc etc So the story is I bought an XPS in summer of went through about or hard drives and a motherboard and other replacements I simply can t remember because I ve gone through so many service requests Eventually pops did some serious quot complaining quot and got Dell to replace it with a brand new XPS Since then I ve gone through two motherboards a fan and around - hard drives Luckily I got a year Dell 1645 Studio HELP!!! XPS parts warranty so I m just losing my time and personal files Other than that Dell can fork out the money as much as they want I consider myself a decent computer user I can build a desktop from scratch I know all the parts etc but obviously I don t know enough to know what s going on here I most recently had a motherboard and fan replacement I don t visit dangerous sites I use a pad with a cooling fan have anti-virus malware and spyware protection programs Basically I don t know what more to do After getting the computer back the fan is running constantly and that is always a bad sign to me I can literally tell when its gunna go because response time slows down and everything in the computer slows down Thus I m feelin another hard drive crash again here soon So do I just have the midas touch-of-death with computers or is there something I can do Sorry for the novel but I felt it was necessary to show my disgust with dell and my dire need for answers Dell Studio XPS Windows Ultimate Intel Core i Ghz st gen x Toshiba Gb SATA ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics card nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Is there anyway to speed up the fan on this system? I've only had it for a couple of months, but I've been using it a lot, and have noticed it getting warmer.

Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Studio worked fine until in the cold in for for a few hours, below zero cold. Now no battery power at all. Even when plugged in, when I hit eh power button, the light sequence on the keyboard lights, but after a few seconds only the volume button remails lit. Then, after 20-30 seconds, even that light goes out and the sound stops. The screen is dead black the whole time.

Help. Thanks.

JRR

A:Dead new Dell Studio

If the battery after being left at room temperature for a few hours still doesn't power the laptop, I would go looking for my warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-new-dell-studio.806340/
Relevancy 50.74%

k i have a dell studio 17 which has been crashing for awhile and gives me the b.s.o.d which sayys bugcode_usb_driver. i took it to a tech who scanned my dump files and say's it was my intro turbo tech so she disabled it but it stills crashes.

A:dell studio crash

Hello Eric1555, welcome to SF!

You have too many dumps to check... so for now I only did the last one and it is somewhat clear on a possible reason for you problems.

You are connecting a USB device that is causing problems (either the device, its drivers or the corresponding usb drivers.)
I suspect Creative Camera Class Upper Filter Driver....

You?ve got error messages on multiple USB drivers related to it. Please, as a test, disconnect, de-install the corresponding camera software and, if connected through a usb hub, disconnect that too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182672-dell-studio-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Just got a new laptop, need help with some drivers...

Drivers & Downloads

Tried downloading from there but wasn't sure of which ones were needed and which were just bloatware..some of them that I know I need weren't installing for whatever reason...anyways here's a screen cap!

A:Dell Studio XPS 16 Driver Help :)

I wouldn't worry about those if I were you. In my opinion, if a) the system runs, and b) you are not missing any features you need, there is no need to mess around with those drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/82916-dell-studio-xps-16-driver-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help

win 7 (7600) x32
dell studio 1535

A:Dell studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by infernOO

cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help

win 7 (7600) x32
dell studio 1535

Try to install the vista drivers in vista comp That might work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/20633-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Just after the October 22 release date, Dell posted some new graphics and other drivers for Windows 7. How can I tell whether they are needed, or should I assume that Windows Update takes care of making sure the latest drives are installed?

A:Drivers for Dell Studio

I like to work under the thinkg that if it isn't broken don't fix it. But if Dell has released specific 7 drivers for your system.You can check what driver is installed simply by going to device manager and clicking on that device and checking the driver detail tab. If your unhappy with the graphics prefromance now then I would probably install their new driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35686-drivers-dell-studio.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a dell studio that has a lot of junk from downloading so many different things and I want to restore it to factory settings where there is nothing at all on here and i can download what i need. please help me i just want it like brand new?????

Relevancy 50.74%

Good day everybody,
Small help pls

Fresh installed windows 7 in my DELL Studio 1535 ,,, everything "Drivers" works perfect! no issue except one thing which actually needs your help PLS

Fingerprint seems doesn't work!
Can someone direct me how solve that or guide me to the right place that i would download the right driver "fingerprint" for my DELL

My earlier OS was Vista Home-premium and fingerprint was working perfect on that OS

Thank you all,
Hani

A:DELL Studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by Hani1231

Good day everybody,
Small help pls

Fresh installed windows 7 in my DELL Studio 1535 ,,, everything "Drivers" works perfect! no issue except one thing which actually needs your help PLS

Fingerprint seems doesn't work!
Can someone direct me how solve that or guide me to the right place that i would download the right driver "fingerprint" for my DELL

My earlier OS was Vista Home-premium and fingerprint was working perfect on that OS

Thank you all,
Hani

Hani if it worked on vista it will work with the same driver on win 7 if you install the driver in compatibility mode
to do that right click the installer>properties>choose OS.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100317-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 4 GB
How old: 8-9 months

[EDIT]Model: Dell Studio 1558

*Intel Core i3 Processor
*Windows 7 Home

Problem:

On Christmas night, I did as I usually did - turned off my Dell PC by holding the power button until it all turns black and went to sleep with the charger still plugged in AS USUAL.

Then the morning of December 26, my PC did NOT turn on - and guessing it "broke" with no apparent warning. I took out the charger, waited a couple hours, and plugged my charger back in, hoping there was a power-outage Christmas night. The charger light turned white, indicating charge was being put in, and then it turned off, indicating charge was finished - and my pc still DID NOT turn on!

I also have Mcafee Virus Remover, which automatically scans my pc and destroys viruses each and every day.

What the hell is the problem here!?

A:Dell Studio PC won't turn on

"I also have Mcafee Virus Remover, which automatically scans my pc and destroys viruses each and every day"...
In the real world this NEVER happens, it is only a wish. Who taught you to hold the power button to shut down Windows? You could have corrupted the hard drive. Have you ever used a mouse to select the Start button and shutting down the notebook that way? The motherboard could be toast too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-pc-wont-turn-on.158759/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone Dell is having Dell 16 XPS Studio on Views a pretty nice sale on this laptop for the next hours off I have been looking at buying a new laptop for some time and am looking pretty heavily at this one The reviews I have read are really good Excellent performance durability not too loud etc The biggest complaints I have read are the size weight and heat I dont plan on traveling the world mostly just something for my wife for use at home and the occasional road trip I d imagine a little bulk isnt bad with all the hardware in it Is the heat a problem I could see this being used in the car but mostly at home maybe a pillow between the lap and the computer Also Views on Dell Studio XPS 16 the screen come with options the default is FHD Widescreen inch WLED LCD x The other option is FullHD Widescreen inch RGBLED LCD x This upgrade is also on sale instead of Views on Dell Studio XPS 16 but is it really worth it My knowledge on LCD s is really lacking The use of the computer will be for internet and movies and some games WoW Modern Warfare spore Sims I m aiming for a little overkill on performance so that I wont have to worry about upgrades or replacement for a while Window Home premium bit Intel Core duo P GB ddr Radeon HD - GB GB rpm SATA Input comments suggestions all are welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Views on Dell Studio XPS 16

Hi mate,

The heat on a laptop is important but it depends for what purposes. As for you for little gaming, movies and internet in other words home use the heat won't be a big problem as the laptop will not on continuous running for long hours thus heat won't be a great problem.

Now for the Screen both are good and will satisfied you now choose the better price for you as both have good resolution and both are LED LCD meaning less power/battery consumption and less heat due LED LCD are not too much hungry as normal LCD screens.

Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/views-on-dell-studio-xps-16.141262/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello SF!

Yesterday, i installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my sister's Dell Studio 1735, but there aren't W7 drivers for this model (Only Vista 32/64) and there are 2 devices i cant install cause WU can't find their drivers (Unknown Devices), i DO have the Recovery and OEM Partitions, to revert it to Win Vista, thing is i don't want to.. Win Vista STINKS!

So, there's any chance for me to actually install those 2 drivers? or should i revert it to Win Vista??

Thanks in advanced!

A:Dell Studio 1735

What devices are they? Look on the manufacturer's site for drivers. If you can't find any for 7, download the Vista ones. If they won't install, run them in compatibility mode for Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/81088-dell-studio-1735-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok basically My issue is replacing the Screen because it no longer works

iv done the whole plugging in another monitor yoke and no dice and i sent it to see what the techs thought and they say i need a new screen ..but it costs TOO much to get it done by them so i thought since iv taken apart and reassambled many Desktops i should give a laptop a shot

my question is .. is this the link to replace the Screen because if it aint i cant seem to find a guide besides on youtube

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/sxl13/en/sm/display.htm#wp1217088

Relevancy 50.74%

typed on my iPad Pc shut down last night as usual This morning 540 Dead Studio Dell completely dead no beeps nothing except for one power light on back Everything else Wacom monitor amp pad regular monitor etc have power I checked all Dead Dell Studio 540 cables replugged opened the tower reseated stuff blew out dust nothing The only problem I ve been having that might be related is on sites with heavy graphics like Pinterest it slows or freezes though i had the thing Dead Dell Studio 540 custom configured for graphic artist programs like Painter amp Photoshop and begins making a loud humming sound It shows that Firefox is using millions of CPUs maybe not the right term So I ll close the browser and start over Humming goes away So any ideas on where to start reviving the dead giant It s or years old and I ve been wishing I could switch to a Mac but not like this I have a gazillion files on it that I NEED nbsp

A:Dead Dell Studio 540

It is overeating. The humming is probably a fan that has stuck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-dell-studio-540.1068542/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435 running Windows 7.  It has several USB 2.0 ports.  Is there any way to set this up so that I can operate at least one USB 3.0 ports?  (If I need to add a card, please let me know).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19911697
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

My laptop recently died with a CD stuck inside that id quite like back. Unfortunately its a slot load drive and hasnt got a small hole to manually eject the CD. Any ideas on how i might get the CD back or is it lost forever?

Thanks

A:CD Stuck in Dell Studio XPS 16

See this, read some of the reader comments also

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how_to/4212374.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-stuck-in-dell-studio-xps-16.911445/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good Day Folks Long time lurker first time poster This is a great forum and the advice is greatly appreciated I have a Dell Studio laptop I ve had it for a little over year now and I mainly use it for web browsing work and email Recently I noticed that my fan was running a little faster than normal I didn t think about it too much Even more recently I have been playing Dragon Age Origins on my computer and have noticed it getting quite hot to the touch on the keypad At one point it shut itself off At this point I downloaded RealTemp and discovered that my computer was running at about C while idol Not good I researched quite a bit and decided to open up the back panel and use compressed air to clean out the fan I also opened the heatsink and cleaned it out I then noticed the rubber-like compound under the sink had somewhat melted so I bought some new thermal paste and applied it back to the sink Although my temperature dropped I m still running at about C My fan works very well it runs 15 Overheating Studio Dell fairly high at all times and screams at others so I don t think that s the issue All heatsink points are covered with the stock padding or the thermal grease I also downloaded Everest and it gave me similar temperature readings Does anyone know why this has started to happen Specs Window Vista Home Premium Build Dell Studio Bios Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Core Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB Dell Studio 15 Overheating RAM Display ATI Mobility Radeon HD Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x C DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Studio 15 Overheating

What kind of thermal paste did you use?

Did you clean both surfaces with Isopropyl alcohol before using paste and reassembly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-15-overheating.878740/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need a new PSU for my desktop since the one that i currently have is only 350 watts and it makes really annoying fan noise.
You think this is a good deal and will it fit my computer?
500W Power Supply fo Dell Studio XPS 8000/8100 K159T PC | eBay
If you guys have any other suggestions feel free.
And sorry if this isn't in the right topic.
Thanks

A:Will this PSU fit my Dell Studio XPS 8100?

It may "fit", but that doesn't mean anything.

At one time, most Dells used a proprietary wiring setup on their power supplies. For those PCs, you could NOT simply change to an industry-standard ATX power supply.

Dell has largely moved away from that practice, but a Google search implies that some Dells (possibly including the XPS 8100) still use proprietary wiring on PSUs. I couldn't quickly find definitive information.

So you may still need a "special" PSU for that PC and that may be what the Ebay dealer is selling.

But even then I wouldn't buy the PSU you linked. It's a no-name brand and you have no way of evaluating it nor do you know anything about its noise level (which I guess is one of your complaints).

I would:

1: Google to try to find definitive info on whether or not you need a "special" PSU for your PC.
2: If you do, I would then buy a standard ATX PSU along with a connection adapter designed to allow use of a standard ATX PSU in this particular Dell. The adapters are widely available for about $15. Endpcnoise.com is one source for the adapter--among others.

I'd get a Seasonic or Corsair PSU that are known to have low noise levels. You may have to spend a bit more money.

On the other hand, you may find that your PC can use a standard PSU---in which case you would not need the adapter.

At any rate, I would not buy that Ebay PSU regardless. Go somewhere like Newegg as a source.

I'd also measure the existing PSU and make sure there are no space/clearance issues should you go with a standard PSU. For all I know, the Dell cases are very cramped or they may have even used a non-standard size as well as non-standard wiring.

You might contact forum member "Fireberd" about this. He has a lot of Dell experience and provides support on Dell forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187548-will-psu-fit-my-dell-studio-xps-8100-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I am using Dell studio 15 and windows 7 operating system. I want to use the 30days train version software more than 30days. My question is

1. Is it possible to use 30days trail version into more than 30days?
2. How can we achieve this
3. How to set the system date to use 30days trail version morethan 30days?
4. If we I put Virtual machine(ex. Windows -2003) and if i use this 30days will trail version will expire in 30 days.

Please help me

A:Dell Studio-15 Windows 7

Windows 7 Enterprise | 90-day Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-15-windows-7-a-591659.html
Relevancy 50.74%

please tell me the best calibration for my dell studio xps 16 using ati's ccc advanced mode
(Colors are oversaturated on my Windows 7 Dell laptop XPS Studio 1640 - Microsoft Answers) (the 5th post from the last)
i am a photographer and would like to get a good calibraion for my screen without using any hardware calibrators.

A:need help with calibrating dell studio xps

Hello ambroochizafer,
I am having a hard time finding any hardware specifications for that computer, The manufacture site does not show it in their products list.
Can you get your hardware specifications for me please and post them for us to have a look at ?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/293039-need-help-calibrating-dell-studio-xps.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok I have this Dell Studio XPS 435MT here is a link to show you
http://www.boilr.net/2009/02/13/review-dell-studio-xps-435mt-gets-the-job-done/comment-page-1/
and
http://www.desktopreview.com/default.asp?newsID=537
I want to upgrade the Dell Studio XPS 435MT.
I want to upgrade the case and memory and graphics card and power supply but the problem is how do i do this and is this possible?
Also can I install this : 24GB kit (8GBx3), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 memory module
and a 800 watt power supply and ATI Radeon HD 5870 and this ARMORSUIT
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/microsite1/
is this possible??????????????????
can some one help me?

Relevancy 50.74%

Well i have some problem with resolution... my graphic card is ati mobility radeon hd 3450 and then i playing like an example america's army 3 i have (800x600) not full screen and black collor as it was written at one oll thread.
plz help me
btw i downloaded new drivers for video card, but the results are same ....

A:Dell studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by infernOO

Well i have some problem with resolution... my graphic card is ati mobility radeon hd 3450 and then i playing like an example america's army 3 i have (800x600) not full screen and black collor as it was written at one oll thread.
plz help me
btw i downloaded new drivers for video card, but the results are same ....

inferno

Where did you get the driver? what version is it? is it 32 bit or 64? how much ram? Could you tell us more abt what you did to try and change the resolution?

Waiting on info

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18497-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, Can anyone help with this please. I recently bought a studio 1735 laptop, It has soft touch media keys that light when you push them, problem is, I cant see them. They are in a black panel and are hard to see in daylight, no chance at night. Is there any way to switch the lights on all the time.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell studio lights help

Please freely "chat" with Dell here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
I really don't know this one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-lights-help.116581/
Relevancy 50.74%

I know this is old but I don't care. I have a 6 year old dell studio 540 and it wont turn on I had up graded to windows 7 the next morning it wouldn't turn on I unplugged it plugged it back in and did fine and after that day it was getting worse and now it will not turn on. Could anyone help?

A:Dell studio 540 will not turn on

Freddy Fusebear
I know this is old but I don't care. I have a 6 year old dell studio 540 and it wont turn on I had up graded to windows 7 the next morning it wouldn't turn on I unplugged it plugged it back in and did fine and after that day it was getting worse and now it will not turn on. Could anyone help?
 Freddy Fusebear
 Check the reading of the power button LED, is it Steady White, Blinking White, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber?
Are there any 'Beep's, if there are, please post the exact sequence of them?Does the power supply fan run?
The Studio 540 Troubleshooter is Here:
http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_studio_desktop/studio-desktop_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf
Bev.        

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19661005
Relevancy 50.74%

Had to reinstall Windows Vista OS and of course lost everything. Reloaded the Drivers and utilities CD. Now cannot connect to my home network. ?This computer does not have a network adapter installed and configured?. Went to device manager and under the ?other devices? tab, everything under it has the yellow exclamation marks. Also the display is not right. Under the ?display adapters? tab the ?Standard VGA Graphics Adapter? also has the yellow exclamation mark. I have disabled and enabled all of them to no avail. Also checked the services and they seem to be started. Not sure exactly which ones should be started but all the ones about networking are running. Home network is working because I have other devices running from it just fine. I?m a little overwhelmed at this point. Also trying to sift through the archives at the same time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem with Dell Studio 17

Hello, I would work on installing updates needed to get your OS up to date first , then I would work on latest drivers from Computer manufacture site with a combo of motherboard driver updates and graphics as well as audio drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294925-problem-dell-studio-17-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Dell Studio 1537 Just stopped booting to OS. I turn it on it goes to the dell logo then to choose an option Eg. Test Memory Test System Exit. I can't even get into safe mode. I went to test system and it goes to main menu Service tag 5SLGZIS With tags Express Test Extended Test Custom Test Symptom Tree. I went to system tree and selected Cannot boot OS and pressed run tests it comes up with error code 0F00.075D Msg_0-self-test Read error. I can't believe this has happened because my 2 TB hard Ext hard drive just crashed now my laptop has done the same can someone please help me.

A:Dell Studio won't boot to os

It sounds like the hard drive has failed. Doing a Google search for the error code all say the hard drive has died.

BTW, you should edit your post and remove the service tag number. Dell considers this personal data (and is forbidden on the Dell users forum).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310065-dell-studio-wont-boot-os.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The USB ports on my dell studio xps 8000 keep dying. the light on the mouse stops working, unplug it and plugging it back in usually fixes it. there's also the sound its makes when you unplug from usb then plug in. sometimes I only get the sound which freezes the cursor then it working again. other time mouse is completely dead (no light) passes dell full tests says nothing wrong

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984595
Relevancy 50.74%

Pentium 3. I am wondering if anyone can give me any information on how to swap my operating system from my old hard drive to my new one. What are the steps. I am currently running Windows XP. I also need to know how to let the new computer add the hard ware onto the hard drive. Any information is greatly appreciated.

A:Very old Pentium! to a new Dell Studio

norton (symantec) ghost. you may be able to find an open source one that can do the same thing. but by far ghost is the most popular

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-old-pentium-to-a-new-dell-studio.158856/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Studio 1735, which was sold with an optional Blu-Ray that I did NOT buy. I am now wanting to buy one but Dell says they do not have anything for my Laptop.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Studio 1735 it has a Slim Slot Loaded Drive Sata Optical Drive.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Dell Studio 1735
Windows 7 64-bit
Core 2 Duo 2.63GHz
6GB DDR2 RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-notebook-blu-ray.871155/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello First time poster I come with a problem that has been posted before but since he didn t had an answer nor answered himself with his solution I ask again I studio 15 Dell overheating have a dell studio that s years and a half old It have always had overheating issues but with some clenaing with compressed air it wasn t a big trouble Now I formated and reinstaled windows a month ago A week ago my windows partition decided to stop working so i had to backup with linux format and reinstall Since then the pc has been kind of unstable over heating Dell studio 15 overheating and shuting down randomly and not booting windows for a while after that First I tried installing all the drivers includion bios updates Since that didin t do much I thought that doing some clean up will resolve the problem so i opened up using dell s support manual and disasemble the cooler to blow over there When opened I notice something strange Ive uploaded some pictures of it Some of the I think it is thermal paste has melted leaving the two parts to be in direct contact Since i don t know much about hardware I just looked and took photos blow and cleaned everything and closed up I ve downloaded RealTemp and I m having - while idle and - while gaming and random shutting ups even with and Dell studio 15 overheating open window near the laptop I m in winter here Well what i really wanted to know was if that in the picture is normal and if is not if that can be the cause of everything overheating and if it can be replaced for some new thermal paste I have the proffesional tech guy as a last option because i don t know anyone trust worthy and a random one will only do what I did and return the pc still malfunctioning to me Thanks a lot EDIT Specs Laptop Dell studio Intel core duo ghz gb RAM DDR Windows bits nbsp

A:Dell studio 15 overheating

In a perfect world, the parts would be perfectly flat, be placed in direct contact with each other, and no thermal paste would be used. As that is not the case, the thermal paste is used to fill the inconsistencies and aid in cooling. In other words, what you see is normal.

You can completely remove the paste from both pieces, reinstall more thermal paste (only a small amount is needed), and put them back together.

Having said all of that, as that model has always had overheating issues, there isn't likely much that can be done. Always use the laptop on a hard surface (ie: desk or table top), and you could use a cooling pad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-15-overheating.1012962/
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer has been very odd for the last several months I've gotten lots of serious viruses and have reinstalled Windows countless times After getting everything reinstalled again onSaturday night I went to bed leaving the computer on over night to recieve updates and render some video stuff I was working on Unfortunately when I turned the computer screen back on I saw just a huge glob of random distorted pixels everywhere with weird patterns and such When I did some research I found problems Dell XPS Studio it was my graphics card that had crashed and I then started the pc Dell Studio XPS problems back up as normal yet it got stuck at the Windows flag with starting windows I had a extra failsafe partition with no OS on it and I proceeded to put the installation disk in and boot it up Unfortunately the Windows disc wouldn't even boot up I then ran a diagnostics test that gave me error code - which usually means a failing hard drive when running the DST short test I know for the hard drive is fine and has nothing wrong with it so I'm not sure what the problem is I think it is some underlying virus but who knows what exactly it is I'm currently running of the partion magic Dell Studio XPS problems linux included on HBCD to go here I'm so confused about what the problems are i'm frustrated and I really need to get this computer back up to full health ASAP for work

A:Dell Studio XPS problems

Look like there is something wrong with the motherboard, video card or hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493088/dell-studio-xps-problems/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm going to get a dell studio 15 laptop, but from all I've read, still not 100% confident of availability of windows xp drivers for this laptop? I want to dual boot just incase Im doing anything hefty on mem (or just don't like vista.) Also, does anyone know if the ati mobility hd3450 is xp compatible?

Cheers

A:Dell Studio XP Drivers?

A lot of prebuilt resellers are doing the whole "we're not offering Windows whatever drivers" hogwash on their websites, even if the hardware itself is compatible. I've found this with my laptop (Asus F3 series) and with my gaming rig (Asus M2N SLI Deluxe).

Usually, however, if you find the manufacturer of the hardware component itself, you can find some generic drivers or manufacturers drivers that will function.

Considering that Dell has a "switch to XP for $50" option on a lot of their desktops, I imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble.

As for your video card, there are a few sites that specialize in making generic drivers for mobile chipsets. The problem with mobile chipsets is that often a vendor will to lock you into using only their drivers, rather than the OEM drivers from ATI/AMD or Nvidia. That's why those third party sites exist.

I'd worry about the other components of your laptop more than the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xp-drivers.109784/
Relevancy 50.74%

After trying GiB DDR memory from G Skill Crucial and sets of for XPS $270 24 435MT working Studio Memory in GB Black Diamond - and getting the dreaded quot beep-beep quot memory POST failure whenever I put 24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270 more than DIMM in a channel - I found memory that is recognized by the BIOS at the full GiB I ve been running with it for two weeks without a problem nbsp I ve run memtest and even have pushed it into heavy paging 24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270 running 24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270 some database tests in virtual machines nbsp I have a fast OCZ Vertex for pagefile sys so it can hard fault at an astonishing rate Although this screen says MHz the OS and other tools say MHz The DIMMs are Kingston KHX C D X K GX Normally per pair at http www frys com product site sr SEARCH MAIN RSLT PG but on sale in the Fry s stores for per pair nbsp Note that the page says that they are v but that s for MHz nbsp The default is v at MHz - look at the CPU-Z info below CPU-Z info CPU-Z version nbsp nbsp nbsp Chipset------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel X rev Southbridge nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel JR ICH R rev Graphic Interface nbsp nbsp PCI-ExpressPCI-E Link Width nbsp nbsp x PCI-E Max Link Width nbsp nbsp x Memory Type nbsp nbsp nbsp DDR Memory Size nbsp nbsp nbsp MBytesChannels nbsp nbsp nbsp TripleMemory Frequency nbsp nbsp MHz CAS latency CL nbsp nbsp RAS to CAS delay tRCD nbsp RAS Precharge tRP nbsp nbsp Cycle Time tRAS nbsp nbsp Row Refresh Cycle Time tRFC nbsp Command Rate CR nbsp nbsp TUncore Frequency nbsp nbsp MHz Memory SPD------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SMBus address nbsp nbsp x nbsp Memory type nbsp nbsp DDR nbsp Module format nbsp nbsp UDIMM nbsp Manufacturer ID nbsp Kingston F nbsp Size nbsp nbsp nbsp MBytes nbsp Max bandwidth nbsp nbsp PC - MHz nbsp Part number nbsp nbsp - A LF nbsp Serial number nbsp nbsp A nbsp Manufacturing date nbsp Week Year nbsp Number of banks nbsp nbsp nbsp Nominal Voltage nbsp nbsp Volts nbsp EPP nbsp nbsp nbsp no nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp yes nbsp XMP revision nbsp nbsp JEDEC timings table nbsp nbsp CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC frequency nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHz nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHz nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHz nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHzXMP profile nbsp nbsp nbsp XMP- nbsp Specification nbsp nbsp PC - nbsp Voltage level nbsp nbsp Volts nbsp Min Cycle time nbsp nbsp ns MHz nbsp Min tRP nbsp nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRCD nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tWR nbsp nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRAS nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRC nbsp nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRFC nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRTP nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRRD nbsp nbsp nsXMP timings table nbsp nbsp CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC-CR frequency voltage nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - same as DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SPD registers nbsp nbsp nbsp A B C D E F nbsp nbsp B C C nbsp nbsp C C F nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp F nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp A A F nbsp nbsp D E C nbsp nbsp AD nbsp A nbsp nbsp B nbsp C A D A A C A nbsp C nbsp A E F C F C nbsp D nbsp nbsp E nbsp nbsp F nbsp A DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - same as DMI------------------------------------------------------------------------- DMI BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp vendor nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp date nbsp nbsp nbsp DMI System Information nbsp nbsp nbsp manufacturer nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp product nbsp nbsp nbsp Studio XPS MT nbsp version nbsp nbsp nbsp unknown DMI Baseboard nbsp nbsp nbsp vendor nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp model nbsp nbsp nbsp R J nbsp revision nbsp nbsp A DMI System Enclosure nbsp nbsp nbsp manufacturer nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp chassis type nbsp nbsp Desktop DMI Processor nbsp nbs... Read more

A:24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270

EDIT:  Below is for a 435T/9000, which although released about the same time, is a different model than the 435MT.  However, both are X58 boards that have 6 tri-channel memory slots.  Memory that works in one will probably work in the other.  Try at your own expense/risk (although $67 for a 2x8GB kit or $35 for a single 8GB isn't bad - link)...
----
Stress testing 48GB in my 435T/9000 now.  So far so good.  BIOS and Pre-boot System Assessment memory test both recognize all 48GB.  Windows 7 Ultimate and HWiNFO recognizes 48GB.  Using 6 x 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 CL9.  
Memory details:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM Memory BLS2KIT8G3D1609DS1S00/ BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00
Bought 3 of these 2 x 8GB kits.  Will only run at 1066 in the 435T/9000, of course, but with good CL6 timings, I believe.
The large internet retailer that reminds one of a jungle has them cheap right now...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19368276
Relevancy 50.31%

where do I find the tab or menu key,on a toshiba satellite L305-S5921,so I can run a memory test,on my laptop?

A:Memory test

Just before the Windows splash screen shows up, start rapidly tapping F8. This should lead you to the Safe Mode screen. You may have to, at that point, select F8 again to get to the memory diagnostic (it's at the bottom of the screen).

Another way is to launch Startup Repair from the Safe Mode screen (it'll say "Repair my computer") and then select the Memory Diagnostic from the list of advanced options.

Memory Diagnostics Tool

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228925-memory-test.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I had a friend put some more memory sticks in my computer and I think one of them might be bad. I get BSOD's when I download certain things.
I keep getting errors like, PIN LIST Corrupt,IRQL NOT LESS or EQUAL,BAD POOL CALLER,Could anyone tell me how I can do a memory test to find out?

Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to see if your memory is low.

A:test to see if you memory is low

You can do so via taskmanager and the performance tab.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327378/test-to-see-if-you-memory-is-low/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'd like to get some guidance on the best way to test my memory. I'm getting some BSODs and I understand memory is a frequent culprit in such cases. I found that Windows has a built-in memory diagnostic, Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: is that a good way to test my memory? I've also heard about memtest86: is that a better tool?

My laptop is an ASUS K55N; I believe it has 8 GB of memory but can't check right this moment as the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool is running.

A:Memory Test(s)

Download: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
and put it in a USB stick to boot from. You should run the test for at least 4-6 passes unless errors occur before.

NOTE: select Autoinstall for USB Key to download

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65880-memory-test-s.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Just bought some more ram and everything I read online says to run a memory test after installation to make sure its running at optimal performance. How do I do that?? Thanks again,
Dan

A:Memory Test

I've seen memtest86 recommended quite often on these boards.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130870/memory-test/
Relevancy 50.31%

Anyone have a great "free" memory test that runs on XP

www.memtest.org

If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Let it run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-test.31245/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok, at one point in time i remember reading somewhere here that there is a free/good RAM testing program...but for the life of me i cannot find where it is.
can anyone direct me to the right forum /website???

thanks

See the pinned topic at the top of this forum, Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps.
Look under hard drive and system utilities.

Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113788/memory-test/