Windows Support Forum

Windows restarting after loading. BIOS settings at fault?

Q: Windows restarting after loading. BIOS settings at fault?

Hello I have had this same computer running just fine for a while now I updated the BIOS and now the computer restarts after windows loading Reverting to the old BIOS did not fix the problem I had some issues with the rig when I first assembled it and they were solved by tweaking BIOS settings Since the update reset my settings I m guessing this might be the case again The problem in detail The computer boots normally and gets to Windows loading screen The windows logo manages to fully load stays for a while then computer restarts When trying to boot into safemode loading. after at fault? BIOS Windows settings restarting everything loads fine till CLASSPNP SYS which I believe is the Windows restarting after loading. BIOS settings at fault? last on that list normally CLASSPNP SYS stays for a while then computer boots No BSOD s or error messages at any point My current hardware is Gigabyte GA-H M-S H rev motherboard Corsair TW X G C DHX x GB DDR memory W PSU GB Sata HDD Intel i CPU My hunch is that it s the BIOS Windows restarting after loading. BIOS settings at fault? settings causing this problem and that it s CPU and or memory related The settings BIOS assigns by default for my hardware is Memory Memory multiplier x Mhz DDR voltage V QPI voltage V Channel interleaving Rank Interleaving Timings CAS tRCD tRP tRAS tRC tRRD tWTR tWR tWTP tWL tRFC tRTP tFAW Command rate CMD I have modified the following settings Multiplier x Mhz DDR voltage V CAS tRCD tRP tRAS Command rate CPU x Mhz Ghz CPU Vcore V QPI Vtt Voltage V PSH Core V CPU PLL V Any insight into this problem how to fix the BIOS settings Or an alternate cause for the problem nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows restarting after loading. BIOS settings at fault?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Everybody I do have a Compaq Presario C TU Laptop with the following specifications Intel Dual Core GB RAM GB HDD My Laptop is running on Dual Operating System D-Drive Windows Server Oracle i E-Business Suite software E-Drive WindowsXP For General Purpose Thing is like after Installing this Operating Systems i have installed Audio and Video drivers successfully Since i had no accurate drivers for installing WLAN drivers i called up to HP Tech Support and i had an Online Chat with the tech person The tech guy has given some drivers which i had installed and later booting when with fails settings flashes after the driver Windows BIOS new loading a the second driver which is for the BIOS update The tech guy said i need to install this BIOS update driver I had confirmed and reconfirmed whether there is any data loss in my laptop The guy said there won t be any loss and told to install the driver Once i installed the BIOS UPDATE driver the driver has flashed my BIOS and totally messed up my laptop Later the next day i had chatted again with another tech guy and they said that is the wrong driver and the new guy has suggest the appropiate driver for my laptop It was really disgusting since i couldn t log on to my Windows and do my job So i need some help in this issue How can restore my Windows booting fails when the BIOS flashes with new settings after loading a driver BIOS settings back to normal and keep my laptop running Windows So when i started booting up my system with the BOOTABLE XP CD its booting up and later it throws an error message quot Your HDD are not detected check Windows booting fails when the BIOS flashes with new settings after loading a driver if it is properly connected or not quot Please help me in this regard if any one can sort out this and Windows booting fails when the BIOS flashes with new settings after loading a driver make my laptop work to its Normal stage Thanks all Balaji Goli email protected email protected nbsp

A:Windows booting fails when the BIOS flashes with new settings after loading a driver

Well you should always verify the drivers you download. But BIOS's are not updated or restored in the 'software' sense, they are flashed in the hardware sense. So, to 'restore' simply take the original BIOS and flash it again. You'll probably have to see if you can download the original BIOS from HP.

If your HDD is not detected at boot, WHILE BOOTING you will be prompted to hit F6 to install 3rd party SCSI drivers, hit F6 here. It will prompt you for a floppy containing the drivers for your disk. Make sure you have a floppy ready to go. Again HP will have the drivers on their site, if you do not have one ready.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-booting-fails-when-the-bios-flashes-with-new-settings-after-loading-a-driver.732834/
Relevancy 65.79%

Actually I have questions I am looking for information on Bios applications! loading Settings slow on on response ?'s & bios settings for the Soyo P -X Ultra motherboard The information can come in the form of an email or the web address of a place that tells me about bios settings for my board I am not that experienced with the bios settings and the manual does not elibrate on which settings are best What I would like to know is what are the best settings for my system shown below My second question is actually a problem that I can t seem to figure out My system has been running well since I built it in Sept but I have started ?'s on Bios Settings & slow response on loading applications! to notice that applications are taking longer to load I am not sure if this has been a problem from the beginning since I upgraded from a Mhz and the new system being so much faster just never noticed I can hit the shortcut to begin an application and it will begin by coming up in chunks meaning that it loads pieces of the application over several seconds For instance the background shows up then the menu then the scroll bar etc I have tried defragging scan disk Norton SpeedDisk all in an effort to make the HD access faster One thing that I did notice however is that the S M A R T parameter will not stay enabled in the bios I can set it and when I reboot it will revert back to disabled Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem or not I would appreciate any and all responses Miller Soyo SY-P X Dragon Ultra mobo P b Intel chip ATI Radeon Pro WD gig Rpm mb cache Harddrives SB Audigy Gamer soundcard mb PC DDR Ram x Lite-on CD X X HP series CD-Writer quot Samtron BDF flat monitor Win XP Pro nbsp

A:?'s on Bios Settings & slow response on loading applications!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-on-bios-settings-slow-response-on-loading-applications.117226/
Relevancy 60.63%

the computer i am running is a sony viao ghz p mb of sdram and an old asus vid card I try to load windows and when i get to the load bar screen it goes through two cycles then restarts I try to run safe mode and it will not work I not Windows restarting loading, keeps put in my os disk which is xp but its an old burned disk and very scratched up to say the least but while it says press any key to boot from disk i do and it says checking hardware seconds pass and it restarts me again I changed the ram to see if that was a prob nope power supply arggh nope I ask it very nicely to work nope Maybe it Windows not loading, keeps restarting is the disk but i vaguely remember trying to put in my very old windows and that didnt work but for Windows not loading, keeps restarting some reason the memory is very hazey so i could have just dreamed it or something i want to throw all my problems at someone else fix it thanks nbsp

A:Windows not loading, keeps restarting

Have you tried reseting the CMOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-not-loading-keeps-restarting.105368/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi my windows xp keeps restarting before it can even load is there a way to save it

A:windows xp keeps restarting before loading

Did you install anything lately?
Try Last known Good Configuration>>

Reboot your computer while keep tapping the F8 Key. At the Advanced Options Menu select Last Known Good Configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-keeps-restarting-before-loading.871441/
Relevancy 59.77%

Other People encountered this problem but im not sure if its the same I'll explain it a little My Pc was on during the night downloading but in the morning it was at the welcome screen so i think it loading Windows after Xp screen restarting restarted while i was restarting after Windows Xp loading screen sleeping I turned it off and went to class After coming back home I went to turn the PC on again but it would load windows then when the startup is supposed to load a black screen displays instead I tried about times but same black screen It worked fine in the morning so I tried pulling the harddrive out and having it as a slave in another computer I was able to access the hdd I also tried running the hardrive as master and the welcome screen loaded fine on another motherboard asrock I put it back into my motherboard redfox and the problem was still their only this time instead of black screen it was restarting I tried running in safe mode but still restarted I tried start normally etc same thing I really didn't want to reformat my hard drive because its got GB of files that i created and need I also cant back it up because my FlashDrive is only GB Has anyone got a solution I remember maybe the day before download I changed my Page File to System managed but It worked fine Long story but It could be anything amp I wanted to give all details

A:restarting after Windows Xp loading screen

Ok redo the slave thing again and perform a scandisk on the drive hosting the operating system.

Click on START>RUN and type cmd. Then type chkdsk e: /f /r (assuming e: is the drive letter)

For me this worked a lot of times!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restarting-after-windows-xp-loading-screen-289988.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Due to some unknown reason my computer is restarting itself during the loading process boot up I get options Start In Safe Mode - Start In Safe Mode With Network -Last Known Good Configuration - Start Windows Normally I've choose all of them and it constantly keeps restarting freezes It doesn't always restart at book up sometimes i press the on button and the computer loads fine I didn't install anything new hard ware This next reply was posted on another forum so maybe it will be of help to someone here Well guys today i started it up and the BSOD appeared but vanished too quickly for me to be able to even write down the error problem down But after another screen came up and loading keeps Windows during XP restarting process i got this down quot No Operating system found Press F to repeat boot sequence quot And at the bottom there were all these quot F F F F F F etc until F quot But i chose F Windows XP keeps restarting during loading process like it asked Then another window came up quot Pxe - E Media test failure check cable quot quot Pxe - M F Exiting intel PXE ROM quot I also saw the sticky quot Very Critical Before you install SP for XP quot but too bad i didn't know this before

A:Windows XP keeps restarting during loading process

I would also like to know if i can reformat my computer using my sp1 disc 'cause ATM i'm not allowed to since im running a newer version of windows XP, and it asks me to insert sp2.

I appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-keeps-restarting-during-loading-process-156944.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Good evening!
A week ago I reinstalled Windows 7 in EFI mode on my laptop, and now I've got this problem: whenever I turn on my computer after a shutdown, the BIOS says "System Resuming" instead of "Press F2 to enter settings". This makes impossible for me to access BIOS settings. Previously, my BIOS used to say "System Resuming" only after a hibernation. The weird fact is that - as far as I remember - this thing started happening only after a few days.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance :-)

A:I can't access BIOS settings because BIOS assumes Windows is resuming

Try doing a shutdown command from a CMD window, or Start button / Run
The command is shutdown /s

See if entering the command manually makes a difference in how it starts up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343868-i-cant-access-bios-settings-because-bios-assumes-windows-resuming.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a new installation of Windows 7 Professional. I can successfully login to my 2003 Domain Controller, and Map drives, and Change settings, such as wallpaper, create shortcuts, etc. But the minute I restart Windows 7, or simply logout, and log back in, all of my settings are gone. I then have to remap my Network drive again, and create all of my shortcuts, and settings all over again. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Windows 7 not keeping settings upon restarting

Are you using Roaming Profiles on your network?
Could there be any group policies that restrict how you can setup your user profile?
Since you are connected to a domain why not use the script in the SYSVOL share and specify the script in the user account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45266-windows-7-not-keeping-settings-upon-restarting.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Everyone I have a Windows computer that I do not want restarting quot on it s own behalf quot Towards this end I have disabled automatic restarts after Windows updates by following this tutorial - http www howtogeek com prevent-windows- -from-restarting-your-pc-after-windows-updates Furthermore the computer that I am working on was originally a Domain Member and I thought that the Server may have been signalling the computer to shutdown I therefore removed the computer from the Domain and added it to it s own Workgroup However despite all of the above the computer is still restarting on it s own behalf Investigations of the Event Viewer reveal that the computer shut down skillfully and that the last shutdown was for despite the 10 settings restarting to contrary! Windows the purpose of Reconfiguration Historically after setting the appropriate afore mentioned group policy settings in Windows Windows 10 restarting despite settings to the contrary! I could rely upon a computer to stay on almost indefinitely with the exception of hardware failures power outages etc however this Windows computer is restarting regardless If anybody can offer any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Everyone I have a Windows computer that I do not want restarting quot on it's own behalf quot Towards this end I have disabled automatic restarts after Windows updates by Windows settings to the despite restarting 10 contrary! following this tutorial - Prevent Windows From Restarting Your PC After Windows Updates Furthermore the computer that I am working Windows 10 restarting despite settings to the contrary! on was originally a Domain Member and I thought that the Server may have been signalling the computer to shutdown I therefore removed the computer from the Domain and added it to it's own Workgroup However despite all of the above the computer is still restarting on it's own Windows 10 restarting despite settings to the contrary! behalf Investigations of the Event Viewer reveal that the computer shut down 'skillfully' and that the last shutdown was for the purpose of Reconfiguration Historically after setting the appropriate afore mentioned group policy settings in Windows I could rely upon a computer to stay on almost indefinitely with the exception of hardware failures power outages etc however this Windows computer is restarting regardless If anybody can offer any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-restarting-despite-settings-to-the-contrary-1075258.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Turned on my Asus netbook and just keeps restarting, so it wont get any further than the windows loading screen.

has been working fine for at least a year and have made no changes to it.

Also will not let me go into safe mode, so cannot do anything!

pressed f2 and tried rebooting, this made no change..

not sure what to do.. dont know a huge amount about computers!

any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-restarting-on-windows-loading-screen.148367/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I am using Compaq with Windows Ultimate Last night due to a power cut my laptop windows restarting Compaq Laptop only, not loading had a force shut down as the battery is completely dead This morning when I tried to open it its just restarting again and again I am seeing Compaq welcome screen later the blinking dot of boot screen and nothing further Compaq Laptop restarting only, not loading windows its just repeating these steps only I checked with Windows Repair Disk but startup repair isn't able to trace the problem also there are not any restore points Compaq Laptop restarting only, not loading windows available I did a BIOS reset as well But nothing changed From the help of that Windows Repair Disc it opened command prompt and tried CHKDSK also but again nothing I did System Diagnostics from BIOS option all tests just went OK Please help me guys I am on a very important and urgent project I really need this Laptop working In my vicinity there isn't any good technical help available Plz advice me Thanks in advance

A:Compaq Laptop restarting only, not loading windows

Hi did you look at the sticky we have in the laptop section Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting
There is also this as a possible route to sorting it Use Bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to troubleshoot startup issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/compaq-laptop-restarting-only-not-loading-windows-915666.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows keeps restarting at home screen in normal mode. It loads and everything works including the screen saver until you use the mouse. It immediately freezes and restarts. I know it is not the mouse. I have unplugged it while restarting and used the keyboard and it does the same. It works fine in VGA mode or safe mode. During the Windows loading page, the screen flashes and there is a screen that appears for a split second and then disappears. There is writing in the upper left and right hand corners but I cannot read it due to it disappearing too fast. PC specs are: Windows XP sp2, Nvidia Geforce 7100, 500 gb Western Digital HD, 1 gb ram, N1996 MSI motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows keeps restarting after loading home screen

Does it run in Safe Mode. Also, you should be upgrading to SP3 and if you can afford it another gig of RAM would be beneficial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-keeps-restarting-after-loading-home-screen.152024/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I am using Compaq with Windows Ultimate Last night due to a power cut my laptop had a force shut down as the battery is completely dead This morning when I tried Laptop loading only, windows Compaq not restarting to Compaq Laptop restarting only, not loading windows open it its just restarting again and again I am seeing Compaq welcome screen later the blinking dot of boot screen and nothing further its just repeating these steps only I checked with Windows Repair Disk but startup repair isn t able to trace the problem also there are not any restore points available I did a BIOS reset as well But nothing changed From the help of that Windows Repair Disc it opened command prompt and tried CHKDSK also but again nothing I did System Diagnostics from BIOS option all tests just went OK Please help me guys I am on a very important and urgent project I really need this Laptop working In my vicinity there isn t any good technical help available Plz advice me Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I recently took my lap top to get if fixed cause it kept doing what was call a loop when it wouldn't get past the update 3 of 3. WEll they fixed it and said it was a common thing with vista. Well its been about 2months and now when I start my laptop it gets to "Loading Vista" and thats it it wont go bast that does anyone know how to fix this please let me know.

A:Cant get past windows vista loading when restarting lap top

Watch the screen as soon a the lap starts to boot. It will tell you to press a certain key(s) sometimes an "F" key. Reboot and press the key. This takes you into the Bios. Look for Hard disk diag or something similiar. Run the diag . If it runs through and reports no probs then you know its not the Hard drive. If however it stops during the diag then your Hard drive is suspect. If it shows a #7 then your hard drive has become flaky. Usually you are better off replacing it. Although it is possible to partition the drive to avoid this.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/262700-cant-get-past-windows-vista-loading-when-restarting-lap-top.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi friends im really need help im confusing why my computer keep restarting after im login and then waiting for my time and login finish after loading xp keep windows restarting computer to loading it restart itself while in safe mode its just ok and fine i also tried to used live cd like ubuntu and its ok no problem occurred so in my judgement maybe its not hardware problem after accrosing some checking i thought this might be problem from the conflicting of drivers or it might be some problem from nasty viruses i ve also created new test account and the result is same still restarting the windows itself in normal modehere are my hijackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost windows xp keep restarting after finish login and loading time exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system cmd exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC WINDOWS regedit exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Debugging Tools for Windows x windbg exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC Program Files windows xp keep restarting after finish login and loading time Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd smb amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www inteam net my R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd smb amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dllO - BHO BrotherSoft Extreme Toolbar - a bb - - c - a - ee f - C Program Files BrotherSoft Extreme tbBrot dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - BHO no name - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - no file O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - Toolbar Softonic Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar BrotherSoft Extreme Toolbar - a bb - - c - a - ee f - C Program Files BrotherSoft Extreme tbBrot dllO - Toolbar Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxp... Read more

A:windows xp keep restarting after finish login and loading time

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385619/windows-xp-keep-restarting-after-finish-login-and-loading-time/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi im a new member and ive had a really bad computer problem this year When i open restarting Computer the loading Windows black boot keeps screen ---> cant at my computer it loads normally up until the black windows loading screen pops up It stays on it for ages and doesn t load after about - minutes it automatically restarts and the problem starts all over again I ve tried all the booting options e g safe mode and i have also formatted my Computer cant boot ---> keeps restarting at the black Windows loading screen computer times in months As you can probably work out it Computer cant boot ---> keeps restarting at the black Windows loading screen has happened this year on about once every months this year I ve had this problem Computer cant boot ---> keeps restarting at the black Windows loading screen once before but it has never repeated since now I have also tried system restore but it does not seem to work I have also checked if my computer is overheating and it doesn t seem to be the case as there is no dust in my fans or anywhere else inside the computer Can anyone offer me some help please Thank you very much nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-cant-boot-keeps-restarting-at-the-black-windows-loading-screen.151391/
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer has begun to restart itself every time I turn it on. Sometimes it waits until I get into windows and sometimes its while its booting up. Does any one have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem? Thanks!

A:Restarting computer, not fault of XP?

Hi

Faulty OS,
Faulty PSU
Faulty Board.

Check the board capacitors for any that look bubbled on the top and rusty marks on them, sure sign they are failing.

Swap out the PSU.

Press F8 after the PC Post screen and before the XP logo and from the menu choose safemode and see if it restarts in that. If it doesn't its definately an OS fault, if it does refer to above.

Remove all devices apart from one stick of memory and the VGA card and the bootable drive, now see if it does it, if it doesnt then one of the items removed may be responsible, if it does refer to above

Just some suggestions...

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-computer-not-fault-of-xp.65759/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a big problem with my PC right now. It keeps restarting 4-5 seconds after BIOS screen and before Windows boots. While Windows 7 was running, I inserted my earphone on the back of the PC and it restarted and went into a loop. I can boot into BIOS just fine and can also successfully boot into a live Linux USB without any problems. I can access my HDD files without any problems from it. I recently installed Windows 10 on a different partition. That's the only change I did recently.
Please help.

A:PC keeps restarting after BIOS but before Windows starts

What happens if you boot it in safe mode? (keep pressing F8 during reboot cycle until options show)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-keeps-restarting-after-bios-but-before-windows-starts.1163822/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everyone this is my first post here at techguy and I am in a bit of a jam on a computer problem that has been plaguing my friends computer for the past few days It just occurred out of nowhere and we didn t do any new hardware upgrades or Help! during bios/windows Computer freezing/restarting anything Whenever we would run Windows we got these lines going vertically across the monitor at random times and we would have to reboot At first I thought it was his integrated video card so we replaced it with a new Radeon Pci express card but that didn t fix the problem It solved the issue of the vertical lines across the monitor but the computer still freezes randomly during bios when windows starts up or min after I have been using the computer After the crash the computer also Computer freezing/restarting during bios/windows Help! won t boot up for a couple tries so you have to keep restarting it until it does So I began testing other things in the computer one by one I started with the memory he has g of DDR Computer freezing/restarting during bios/windows Help! corsair I ran a freeware program called memtest that I heard about from other tech boards I ran it for about min most of the time the computer crashed halfway through the test and the test came up with errors Before replacing the memory we cleaned the computer out really well with a can-o-air and it actually ran for about a day or two with no restarts weird But alas the same thing started happening a day later so I decided to get someone Computer freezing/restarting during bios/windows Help! elses professional help I took it to the Geek squad to see what they had to say I talked to some guy for about min and he used some device to check the mobo and it came up faulty But then he felt the CPU heatsink and said that was way too hot and it was probably the CPU that was the problem I felt it and it did not seem overly hot to me and I knew in the back of my mind it wasn t overheating I checked it later with a program called SpeedFan and it was definately not overheating My question to all of you wonderful tech helpers is this What do you really think the problem is The mobo or the CPU Before I bought a new mobo for my friend I really wanted to make sure that the problem was the mobo and the guy at Best buy was wrong and giving me mixed views It all adds up to me in my head the integrated video errors caused by mobo the ram errors caused by the mobo and now the random freezing restarts If you all had any opinion at all please post and help me out I m sorry for the long post but I have been working on this comp for hours and I need some more brain power to make my decision Here are his specs CPU AMD ATHLON VIDEO RADEON PRO RAM GB Corsair PS W MOBO Not exactly sure of brand came from emachines Thanks so much in advance Take care nbsp

A:Computer freezing/restarting during bios/windows Help!

Have you replaced the Ram? It sounds more like a Ram problem than a Mobo/CPU problem. I would suggest running just 1Gb to see if that makes any difference. If you have any other spare ram from another machine try putting that in and see if it causes any problems.

Also, have you dont a quick Mobo check. Look at the capacitors, are they flat on top or starting to bulge. If they are bulging then your Mobo will need replacing.

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-restarting-during-bios-windows-help.612988/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok this is how it went down I had a boot ini issue that I tried to fix and ended up causing bigger problem Wanted to reinstall Windows xp sp onto my system all important files are on another drive when loading windows setup the 'keyboard layout library kbdus dll' the computer restarted and continues to do so On some reading up it seems that the keyboard layout library may not load because there is an older one lingering on the hard drive this hard drive is ancient and has had various windows loaded onto it So I figure the best way to deal with the issue how to install windows again is to format the Hard drive in Dos However I do not have a floppy drive and wouldn't know where to buy a floppy disk anyways lol I layouy restarting keyboard [SOLVED] setup Windows after computer library loading came across a utility that did this but when I got to format [SOLVED] Windows setup restarting computer after loading keyboard layouy library the drive it said that the format could not occur because the hard drive was not the same manufacturer as the software So in a nut shell what do I want I want a utility that will either format my hard drive without [SOLVED] Windows setup restarting computer after loading keyboard layouy library loading windows i e a boot cd or just simply load up DOS so that I can c format And it has to be something I can put on CD not dvd so a utility which comes as an iso that I can burn I also don't want to install a programme onto someones windows that is capable of making boot disks I just want the disk now Please help they are all boots for floppy

A:[SOLVED] Windows setup restarting computer after loading keyboard layouy library

Gparted. Its a live version of Linux that is great for partitioning and formatting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-setup-restarting-computer-after-loading-keyboard-layouy-library-264282.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop keeps on showing some error, collecting data and keeps on restarting on its own. It shows STOPCODEAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. What do I need to do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/PAGE-FAULT-IN-A-NONPAGED-AREA-KEEPS-ON-RESTARTING-ON-ITS-OWN/td-p/5796730
Relevancy 55.04%

I originally posted in the wrong forum - sorry about that Problem My windowsXP laptop hangs just after quot loading personal settings quot loading personal after XP hangs settings Windows on my login The hard drive light goes off and my wallpaper shows w o the start button toolbar or desktop icons appearing After about minutes my desktop finally appears My laptop has become extrememly slow - especially opening up Windows Explorer or when clicking on START- gt MyDocuments sometimes this window will Windows XP hangs after loading personal settings hang my entire computer I ve also had my laptop reboot automatically several times over the past few days Here is my HJT log Hopefully someone can help Thanks a lot DrummerBoy Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Altiris AClient AClient exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents cpqalert exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CPQWEB WebDmi exe c Program Files Cisco Systems VPN client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA AT amp TGL NetCfgSv EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system Prot srv exe C WINDOWS system pstartSr exe C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents Dmi Win bin Win sl exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ cpqdmi exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS System XConfig exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CHKADMIN EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Altiris AClient AClntUsr EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Pointsec Pointsec for PC P Tray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN client vpngui exe c Program Files Cisco Systems VPN client ipseclog exe C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files internet... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-after-loading-personal-settings.649341/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is a Micron PII 450, 256RAM, On board Vid, 10 gig hard drive, Winmodem, Win XP Pro. The real problem is my brother clicks on things and downloads junk programs without knowing what he is doing. Here we go though and hopefully someone might have a suggestion. Before his downloading of some program which he does not remember what the computer would start up with no user logon or anything. Now the computer boots up past the welcome screen then it has his name and icon like with multi users and when you click on his name it starts installing his settings then shuts down. I have tried going in on safemode but I can't seem to get anywhere near windows. any suggestions would be grateful.
Ricky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-shuts-down-while-loading-user-settings.181191/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi recently I downloaded a game software and it didn't Personal at Windows Screen? 'Loading XP Settings' Hanging work on my PC So I tried a variety of things suggested to me by people downloading avast Virus Cleaner and many other things Eventually I ended up on Windows XP Hanging at 'Loading Personal Settings' Screen? my Task Manager's 'Process' tab and this is around when my problem started I started shutting off processes I didn't need to see if maybe unneeded or infected processes were what was causing my problem with the game Then right after I shut off a process I'm not sure which process precisely I got an error message saying that I should save all my documents and shut down the computer The message had a countdown to shutting off the computer I presume and otherwise I didn't read though it thoroughly So I restarted my computer and everything was fine and pretty much the same until I got to the log-on screen There I typed in my password got in and the screen just started hanging at 'Loading Your Personal Settings' I tried googling this many times to no avail I tried restarting in Safe Mode shutting off again Ctrl Tab Ctrl Alt Delete so many I can't even think of them all Nothing worked I have the same problem in Safe Mode as well I think it's likely that either I got a pop up after installing avast Virus Protection asking me to restart the computer At the time I didn't restart avast might be killing my computer in some way I've heard about AVG doing this to a computer once The process I deleted offa the process menu was important I think this is more likely Does anyone have any suggestions advice anything I have no access to a Windows XP Disk so I can not format or reinstall And as I said earlier Safe Mode doesn't work I'm completely computer illiterate so I really don't know anything else I could do Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-hanging-at-loading-personal-settings-screen-365852.html
Relevancy 54.18%

This has been bugging me for a while it pops up whenever I start the computer. I don't know to much about how to do things so please have some patients with me. If you can help me than I might just love you forever.

A:Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\ Network Service\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ hrcopul.dll

Have you run any scans for infections? I Googled hrcopul.dll, and everything that I found points to a infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201901/error-loading-cdocuments-and-settings-network-service-local-settings-application-data-hrcopuldll/
Relevancy 54.18%

Since a few weeks my laptop is slower loading.
After the bios it takes windows twice as much time to load.
Normally it takes about 10 seconds to load windows, but since it began it takes about 20 seconds.
I have a few days ago flashed my bios which didn't change anything.
No malware, it scans every day with no threats as result.

As I'm aware of, everything of my drivers are up to date, windows update is also up to date.
I've disabled almost everything with the startup and changed the services in msconfig the past few days a lot, but keeping everything normal gives the best performance.

I have no other possible solutions to decrease the load time of windows.

A:Windows really slow loading after bios

Do you have any external USB drives turned on during boot?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/66412-windows-really-slow-loading-after-bios.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I m having a major problem with XP Home Edition When I start my Settings...Saving Settings Problem Startup Loading computer I get the Loading Settings screen which automatically switches to the Saving Settings screen and then goes back to Loading Settings Saving Settings etc etc the quot Windows XP Loading Settings...Saving Settings Startup Problem Startup quot and quot Windows XP Shutdown quot sounds repeat themselves one right after the other By the way I have the XP tweak that skips the Welcome and log on screens at startup since I m the only person that uses the computer I ve tried Debugging Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore To Last Working Settings and a few others but nothing is Loading Settings...Saving Settings Startup Problem working I ran Spybot just before shutting down the computer the last time it worked and got the quot Congratulations Your system contains no spyware quot message When I restarted the computer I started having this problem I also have Norton Anti Virus and did a Live Update manually a few hours before this started happening Anyway I realize this is probably a virus even though I haven t downloaded anything other than virus definitions in the past few days and I have no clue what to do now The XP restore disks aren t doing any good because I can t get past the Loading Settings Saving Settings screens Any suggestions When I do the Safe Mode with command prompt I get the list of partitions or whatever and then it stops at the bottom of the screen and does nothing If I press a button on the keyboard I go right back to the Loading Settings Saving Settings screens nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

on both of my machines today i booted up and got stuck in that trap...loading settings...saving settings, until i got po'd enough to format em both. but that is like shootin a mosqioto with a shotgun. what causes this ( its not the first time) and how can i get around it...i tried safe mode but got the same routine when i tried to logon as admin, i tried a system repair with no help. i am usin xp lame oops xp home, i have 9 diferent malware clients and run most of them several times per day so i dont think it was malware. i did 'mess with' userinit, i just unchecked it so it wouldnt be part of the startup process... thats the only weird thing i did. any suggestions as to how to avoid/get around this prob next time it occurs? tkz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/loading-settings-saving-settings-infinate-loop-110327.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Im trying to install a fresh clean copy of windows from ISO I put on a bootable usb When I go to change my boot sequence in my BIOS menu before startup I get an order of boot sequences My Usb is detected in the list as well even 7 Loading up in Bios its sequence? the Windows not When HDD boot as my SATA gb HDD with my old windows os HDD Loading up Windows 7 Bios When its not even in the boot sequence? on it Well the problem is I can select the Bootable USB to be the boot sequence Device as well as for the rest of them I can literally make every single one selected to Boot from the USB but no matter what I try my stupid windows keeps loading up and starting from my HDD How is that even possible if my HDD isnt even selected in the boot sequence and why wont my USB work Ive also tried iso to bootable DVD and selected that in the boot sequence but it does the same thing Please help ive been trying to do this for a week bought dvds usb flash drives and still nothings working

A:HDD Loading up Windows 7 Bios When its not even in the boot sequence?

Hi Talksick,
My bios has a remove from boot order option take it yours hasn't.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393184-hdd-loading-up-windows-7-bios-when-its-not-even-boot-sequence.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I cannot boot my hp computer . its running windows hp. when you power it up it asks for password . how do I bypass this ???? PLEASE HELP!

A:Windows XP not loading on HP computer - need BIOS password

Power on password Compaq d630 CMThttps://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=...Here is one way.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv-...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/windows-xp-not-loading-on-hp-computer-need-bios-password/203606.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey there So my laptop acer aspire g has stopped working I was using it normally until i received the blue screen of death and it shut down From not bios. loading/starting- i can Windows access then on i tried to turn on the laptop and it would show me the windows loading page then it simply turns black with a flashing in the top left Rarely when i turn it on it loads up normally but it seems to have even stopped doing that What could be the issue I did some of my own research and many people suggest hd failure or ram If it is as simple as above i can buy the Windows not loading/starting- i can access bios. hd or ram and install an os myself How can i verify the problem p s I can see the hd in the bios and i used an external hard drive enclosure for my quot quot sata on another computer to which my surprise i was able to extract the C drive files O i am so lost all help appreciated

A:Windows not loading/starting- i can access bios.

If you have a Windows DVD then insert it in Drive. Then boot from it & start system repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263501-windows-not-loading-starting-i-can-access-bios.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I hope some one can help me I have a compaq v tu laptop with Windows XP Pro Solved: Windows bios after loading not update xp SP bit I was having a Solved: Windows xp not loading after bios update problem with the wireless connectivity and while searching for remedies I read that it could be because of an old bios version I checked the current installed bios on my laptop and it was an f The latest version on the hp website was f so i downloaded and installed the f While installing it also said that it had backed up the old bios version After installation the computer shut down but when i started it again windows xp did not load Windows is now not even starting in safe mode All i get is the initial xp startup screen for seconds after which there is a flash of a blue screen with stuff written that I cannot read and then the machine restarts I have a xp installation cd with which i tried to reinstall xp but it now says that even the hard disk is not detected and therefore xp cannot be installed But I went into bios and did a harddisk scan which was completed So I don t understand how the hard disk is not being detected Can someone please tell me how I can get into windows and somehow reinstall the old bios and get things back to normal There should be a backup somewhere of the bios since the software said so while installing It s really upsetting and I m cursing myself for uploading the bios I hope someone can help me nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

At my company I setup and deploy many windows 7 machines. I use a start-up batch file to do most of the work and a few other files in the start-up folder, this is all imaged to the hard drive with a hard drive duplicator. The batch file runs once and deletes it self. Anyways, that is the general idea of what is going on. the only thing left that I have to do manually is change the BIOS settings, USB enabled/disabled, behavior on power up, BIOS password, ect... Is there any way I could automate this process, preferably a command line? Thanks!

A:Changing BIOS settings within windows 7?

Hello Joe and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since the BIOS is part of the motherboard, I think it's very possible that even computers from the same manufacturer could use different motherboards and different BIOS. (As of May 16, 2012 Microsoft recognized about 60 different BIOS manufacturers.)

List of BIOS Manufacturer Web Sites Part 1

Since each BIOS probably has its own specific way to access changeable parameters, I'm not sure that a command line or batch file approach would work. Perhaps some more knowledgeable Forum members will jump in with a better suggestion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/232649-changing-bios-settings-within-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am really confused on what settings are required in the UEFI Bios to run recovery USB disks or Linux live CDs It all used to be so simple The manufacturer helpdesk seems unaware that it supplies UEFI systems - so I am working blind Have tried boot CDs and USBs but all have booted straight into Windows to date Perhaps there is a basic Windows UEFI 8 Bios for Settings guide but I have not found one yet I don't wish to change settings I have no understanding of I have a Medion Lenovo desktop with an AMI UEFI Bios July and Aptio Setup The following seem relevant are supplied as enabled in quot Bios quot Intel Rapid Startup Technology Quiet Boot Boot Select UEFI Bios Settings for Windows 8 Mode UEFI UEFI Hard Disk BBS Priorities - Boot Option - Windows Boot UEFI Bios Settings for Windows 8 Manager Secure Boot - Secure Boot Mode Standard What do these UEFI Bios Settings for Windows 8 all mean and what effect do they have on how Windows runs and how boot drives run

A:UEFI Bios Settings for Windows 8

To boot a DVD/CD/USB drive, the bootable software DVD/CD/USB disc need have full supports Windows 8, UEFI, GPT & Secure Boot & signed by Microsoft.

Boot the disc in UEFI mode from the One Time Boot Menu, check your manual for the F? key.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/23610-uefi-bios-settings-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys

I was just wondering, before turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the Operating System drive, does the BIOS need to be configured to boot from the INTERNAL hard disk first from the Boot Order section?

This is for machines that have the TPM chip.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/50242-bitlocker-bios-settings-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

All right,
I do somethings with my computer on the net that require that I have full attention from my video card and modem. The unfortunate thing is that Windows sets my modem and video card to IRQ 11. (freezes because they are conflicting) Now, I uncheck use automatic settings, but they only have 1 setting, and it's 11 (Popup: Cannot alter setting). I've gone into BIOS, changed the "Modem to use IRQ" to IRQ 4 (com 1, 2) but Windows keeps it at IRQ 11. Since I built my comp, I cannot take it to anyone for help. I only want to change my irq settings for my modem to irq 3 or 4 (unused basically). I need some advice on how to change/what to change in my bios to make it happen, because no matter what, my vid card and modem are always on the same IRQ.

(Help!)
Fjord

Need any more information, I can e-mail it to you.

A:Windows/BIOS IRQ settings conflicts! (ARG!)

I kinda feel like a rump now...
I've messed with my irq's of things I didn't need, and somehow got my modem to go to IRQ 5, which was all well and good until I realized it was my SB Live! Emulation IRQ, but I changed THAT to IRQ 7, which was my printer port. (I disabled my printer port) But, the bad thing is that my IRQ's 3 and 4 aren't used, and 7 is conflicting until I disable the printer port, that I don't need; someday I would like to get another printer, and I would like to use my printer port. Any suggestions on how to get my modem to IRQ 3 or 4 so I can free my pp? (still has basic configuration 0000, properties cannot be changed of irq or anything on that)
(Oh yes, I have also changed around my modem to different PCI slots, to no avail.)

Thanks,

Fjord

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-bios-irq-settings-conflicts-arg.43323/
Relevancy 53.32%

Computer Not with the computer in question now but here are some general specs Running Windows Vista bit Home Premium on a pretty cheap desktop Emachine T from loading screen booting After bios, hdd,computer during vista power loses loading series After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen which came with g of ram and g of free space Issue After loading bios booting from hdd computer loses power during vista loading screen After - tries After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen computer does boot successfully but can lose power again at any time with no obvious reasons as to why Computer won't After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen even boot in safe mode Note If the computer had been running recently however the first boot attempt is usually successful I have been dealing with this problem for about a month and a half now It seemed to pop up just after I made some changes to startup config I copied Reason music production program and World of Warcraft to my gig external hard drive and have ran both those programs from either my internal HDD or external HDD and also save data on both I may have changed bios cmos during that time but it's unlikely About a months ago I overclocked my computer and a year ago I installed an extra mb of ram Also my tower tipped over about months ago while it was running but the hit wasn't hard and the computer kept running normally I wish I could tell you exactly when this issue started and whether or not it was before or after the changes I have made in the past month and a half but I can't remember Anyways I've tired all sorts of solutions Here is what I can remember doing Note After everything I tried in the list below I did install a clean copy of Vista and wiped my HDD clean but the first cold boot after doing so the computer lost power just before vista loading screen which is even sooner than usual Updated all drives resetting bios cmos deleting all unnecessary programs including Reason from my internal HDD and WoW altogether testing individual sticks of ram although I am not confident I did that correctly tried different power sources but all on the same floor as my computer cleaned the inside of my tower looked for burnt or loose components unplugged all cords inside computer and plugged them back in again tightened loose screws took lithium battery out for five minutes and put it back in to reset cmos in a different manner changed boot order from cdrom-hdd-removable to hdd-cdrom-removable tried booting with external HDD plugged in or not plugged in defragged both HDD's changed power visual settings to both high performance and low performance downloaded SpeedFan to ensure problem wasn't overheating switched monitor's power cord with the towers to ensure it wasn't faulty booted in safe mode as mentioned and downloaded cc cleaner to both clean comp and to fix errors it found That's everything I can think of and most of the information is now redundant after the reinstall but I thought I would include it anyways SO What next It seems pretty obvious it's a hardware issue but I would like to narrow it down as much as I can before taking it in to a professional Anyways thanks in advance and sorry if the post is longer than necessary Oh one more thing I really do need to start using this computer everyday again so based on what I have written how unwise would it be to ignore the issue hope I am not damaging the computer and continue working

A:After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen

Hello BeauDDS, welcome to Vista Forums!

Please explain in detail what you mean by ...

"computer loses power during vista loading screen"

do you mean it loses all electrical power or something else?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280773-after-loading-bios-booting-hdd-computer-loses-power-during-vista-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hey guys following boot drive off windows loading BIOS priority different / on from my other thread Re-install windows w new motherboard and CPU i ended up managed to be able to boot into windows after i swapped out my motherboard and CPU to the new ones and everything seems to be working as it should windows automatically BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive installed the intel drivers and all my old programs and settings are there BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive perfectly interesting thing is that BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive i can only boot into windows if i select my backup drive as boot device in the BIOS the SSD isnt even on the list the thing i don't understand lies in that if i select my SSD as priority where the directory of windows is installed i get a bootmgr missing error - i've tried the various methods of recovering this using the cmd and a windows installation disc This isnt a huge issue but it's really tripping me out as to why this is occurring ps i initially had some issues getting windows to boot so i installed a clean windows on this backup drive i didnt change any settings at all was only making sure that the SSD was being recognized and i hadn't corrupted it somehow is it possible that the backup drive boot manager is directing it to the SSD or i really have no idea cheers to anyone that has thoughts on this

A:BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/21826-bios-boot-priority-windows-loading-off-different-drive.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Have an odd problem thats only just started; when i boot windows (in any except the safe modes) after the bios posts and windows logo appears with the loading bar, when this then disappears then the pc stops booting JUST before it would be starting Windows.

I have tried resetting the bios to optimized settings, no difference.
Tried using "last known good configuration": no difference.
I have tried starting in Safe mode (which works), and then restoring the system to a time when i know it worked fine: still doesn't make a difference when restarted.

Any help gratefully received.

Matt.

Asus A7N8XD (v2)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1GB pc4200 RAM (2x512mb Paired)
Windows XP Pro
SP2

Relevancy 52.89%

Windows 10 overrides bios settings for wake-up.

I have set in bios to wake up on ctrl-esc.
That works until I boot into windows 10.
Now when I shut down windows 10, my computer will
wake up on ANY keyboard event or mouse event.
OK so then I uncheck in windows:
power management->allow this device to wake up the computer.
Now the problem is that when windows shuts down, it turns off
the keyboard totally so it is impossible to send keystrokes.

All this time my settings in bios are:
don't power up from mouse
powerup on ctrl-esc ONLY

In windows 7 I don't have this problem, everything works
as set in bios.

My computer is not in sleep or hibernate.
Another thing to note is that when I power it up
by clicking any key ,and then power it down on the switch
next time it will only start on ctrl-esc.

(hybrid sleep is off)

Many thanks.

A:Windows 10 overrides bios settings for wake-up.

OK I figured it out.
I need to disable "fast startup".
Everything works fine now.

But if I wanted fast startup , is there a way to
choose which key wakes up the system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-overrides-bios-settings-for-wake-up-1118561.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My brother's computer does exactly what the title of this thread says,no matter what mode he uses to boot up. He was restarting his computer after running Ad-aware. Now he cant get past the logon screen because it immediately saves his settings and returns to the logon screen. Happens in safe mode as well.

Thank you for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loading-settings-immediately-goes-to-saving-settings.822362/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi my names conor,
I was noticing my laptop was slowing down and having a few errors then my laptop crashed and the system then tried to fix the errors.
Then it only goes straight to the BIOS and that I have no other option.
In the BIOS it say that the Main BIOS menu "hard disk:none" and "Optical Disk Drive:none"
Then in the boot menu is displays "New Position Policy [In First]"
Any help would be appreciated as I am an IT student and cant really afford to go get it repaired myself.

Thanks Conor.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/277350-bios-fault.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was trying to read\download a page (eg.product specification sheet) from a website here and all I could view was a big colour block (black) page with no text?
Then a "pop up -see jpg image" window which would arrive\chime three times (after clicking OK) before the the page would become "static"​
using free-ware Adobe Reader 9 (Version 9.1.3)
See attached image for reader fault explanation
Edit:Anyone have any idea(s) why this might be occurring please? Is it the website I'm trying download\save the file from or is it a problem with my "reader"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adobe-pdf-reader-page-loading-fault-in-firefox-i-e.151587/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying to get into my computer's BIOS setup to change the boot sequence, but the problem is that when I turn on the computer, I can hear the noises that tells me it's loading, but the power button on my monitor is orange. It doesn't show the BIOS screen or the Windows XP loading screen, but the monitor turns on when it gets to the login screen. Does anyone here know what the problem is? I didn't have much luck Googling this problem.

A:Monitor doesn't show the BIOS and the Windows loading screen, help!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-show-the-bios-and-the-windows-loading-screen-help.580295/
Relevancy 52.46%

Well, this is embarrassing but i will not waste any more time on it. 
Installing new Win 7 on a PowerEdge T110. Got attached error for setup not able to create new system partition, proceeded with below;
(SHIFT+F10) to get a CMD window 
-DiskPart <ENTER> 
-list disk <ENTER> 
-select disk 0 <ENTER> 
-clean <ENTER> 
-create partition primary align=1024 <ENTER> 
-format fs=ntfs <ENTER> (Took a while because of 1 TB) 
-assign <ENTER> 
-active <ENTER> 
-exit <ENTER> 
-exit <ENTER> 
After reboot, i again receive same error.
N/B: Win 8 or 10 installs smoothly
Some help please

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991781
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I have been incredibly stupid and changed the settings in my BIOS setup. What is even more stupid is I did this by making it "Load Optimal Defaults" so I dont actually know what has been changed.

As a result of this windows 7 now cannot start, it brings you to the error fixing part where it searches for errors, cant find any and offers you some more options including system restore. Ive done a system restore but that has also not fixed it. I have little idea how to fix this, windows 7 was working perfectly until I changed the BIOS, but not knowing what was changed means I cant change it back.

The BIOS version is: 4core1600twins-p35 p1.40

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thank you very much!

Rhodri

A:Changed BIOS settings now Windows 7 wont start

Hi Rhodri and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

This should be quite easy to fix. All you need to do is to reset the BIOS to its defaults. Boot up and enter your BIOS. You are looking for an option to reset it to its defaults (this is NOT the same as Optimal Defaults). Alternatively, remove and replace the motherboard battery - this will cause all settings to be lost from the BIOS, so you need to make a note of your current settings on a piece of paper so that you can restore them afterwards. This will include the date and time. For details on how to do this, the location of the battery and whether or not there is a motherboard jumper that accomplishes the same thing, see your motherboard manual. Please ensure that your system is unplugged from the mains whilst you do this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/105366-changed-bios-settings-now-windows-7-wont-start.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
When I press Restore Settings button in BIOS setting (through F2 when Dell logo is displayed at booting) then the dialog with two options is shown:

BIOS Defaults
Factory Settings

What is the difference about these two options (BIOS Defaults vs. Factory Settings) please?
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984839
Relevancy 51.6%

i ve had numerous issues with my RAM with system freezes and the occasional possible setting fault, RAM BIOS error? BSOD I ve checked the ram s seated properly I ve been running memtest x and windows ram diagnostic tool i get LRAND-ERAND failures on windows diagnostic and errors in test on memtest x so far i ve tried both RAM inserted i have x GB DDR MHZ one RAM at a time inserted into one slot DIMM slots i ve tried one RAM in one slot other RAM in other slot currently running one RAM inserted into the slot i haven t RAM fault, possible BIOS setting error? put it in before RAM fault, possible BIOS setting error? to see if i get RAM fault, possible BIOS setting error? another string of errors i m getting the errors every time i run the tests usually during the first pass on memtest and during the first pass on windows diagnostic if i run a custom LRAND-ERAND test The errors are variances between the expected actual values of the memory by my thinking that means i ve either got x faulty RAM or x faulty DIMM slot i have an ECS motherboard i have however read that the fault may be related to my BIOS settings American Megatrends BIOS if someone could clarify how i could test that theory and what i m looking for i d be most grateful Systems Spec Intel Pentium D GHZ dual core GB DDR MHZ RAM x GB ECS motherboard American Megatrends BIOS Running Windows Vista nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys I restored an image created with Macrium Reflect on my wife's computer Custom build with Asus P Z -V LX mother board and everything went fine until rebooting when i got to the quot Please press DEL BIOS access UEFI Cannot Bios, to settings or F2 DEL enter press Please or F to enter UEFI BIOS settings quot then everything stopped I have tried F DEL F F just about Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings all the F combinations and nothing works I have two SSD drives one with Win Pro and one with Win Pro not connected at the same time and neither of them will boot up I have tried changing the jumper pins from and to and for sec to clear the RTC Ram in CMOS then returned then to and and tried rebooting no change so i removed the battery and repeated the jumper pin swap then reinstalled the battery and still no change cannot get passed press DEL or F to access the BIOS settings I even downloaded the latest BIOS and updater as shown and put them on a USB flash drive together and tried the Macrium Rescue disk and still nothing happened and it will not open the BIOS maybe i got it all wrong I was hoping someone here might know how to put it right i am out of idea's and any help would be greatly appreciated System Specs Intel Core i K Ivy Bridge GHz MB Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX LGA ATX Motherboard Memory G Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings Skill GB Kit x GB DDR Ripjaws X C MHz Samsung Series GB quot mm SSD SATA x Win and Win Storage Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX quot TB MB RPM Graphics Card Leadtek Quadro MB DVI DP Optical Drive LG CH LS x Black SATA Blu-Ray Combo Drive Retail Pack Card Reader Shintaro in quot Sound Card Integrated Gigabyte GZ-X Black Mid Tower Case - Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings W PSU Power Supply XFX Core Edition Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OEM Bit Anti Virus Trend Micro Maximum Security Keyboard amp Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop Monitor Asus VE H quot Full HD WS MS LED Thanks Guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393901-cannot-access-bios-please-press-del-f2-enter-uefi-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just updated Win7 to Win10. I have 3 HDDs 2 have XP one has theWin10. I am unable to boot to either of the drives with Xp on them.Win 10 seems to ignore the boot order in the bios. It keeps booting to Win10 only. My Mobo is Asus P5QL-E.Any ideas as to what I can do?message edited by Anteron

A:Windows 10 is overriding Asus BIOS dual boot order settings

Well, first step would be to make sure Win 10's fast boot's disabled. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-is-overriding-asus-bios-dual-boot-order-settings/97.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi techies,

One of our system is restrting after small windows loading bar at the bottom.
After restrting if we select boot windows normally also same thing is happening.
Tried with Safe Mode also....

Can someone help me to get it resolved.

This is Vista 32 bit Enterprise edition..

Thanks in Advance.....

naveen

A:Help !! Restarting after loading

Try this for a starter. Go to my computer>properties>advanced>settings>uncheck restart after system failure.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269536-help-restarting-after-loading.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all
Recently installed windows 10 on am asus k55a for a friend. Its been running fine until today when it froze. She restarted it, and it is going into the bios menu and asking for the date and time to be set, but won't do anything. Could there be a fault with the bios battery?
Cheers
Dave

A:asus k55a suspected bios fault?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! The symptom is very typical of the CMOS backup battery needing replacement. Looks like you need to pop the top panel to gain access to the battery - if you're not familiar with procedure, there's a slightly clumsy teardown tutorial here:The location of the CMOS battery appears just before the 7:00 min mark.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608239/asus-k55a-suspected-bios-fault/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HP 2760P and I'm running Windows 7 64bit,I did a clean install since I replaced the harddisk, I installed HP Protect Tools. Problem:Most of the BIOS settings are grayed out, I can't change anything. Do I need to login to the BIOS as Administrator or so? When I enter the BIOS I get asked to login.I can only login with my Domain-Account, I can't enter another account name.I therefore login and see the bios-settings.However most settings are grayed out."Set Administrator Password" is also grayed out. How can I enable the BIOS-settings?Do I need to Login into the BIOS as an Administrator? How can I do that, during entering the BIOS it only let's me login as my regular domain-account or how can I even set an Administrator-Password? Thanks and best regards 

A:BIOS settings grayed out, Login To BIOS as Administrator?

leonardlin wrote:I have a HP 2760P and I'm running Windows 7 64bit,I did a clean install since I replaced the harddisk, I installed HP Protect Tools. Problem:Most of the BIOS settings are grayed out, I can't change anything. Do I need to login to the BIOS as Administrator or so? When I enter the BIOS I get asked to login.I can only login with my Domain-Account, I can't enter another account name.I therefore login and see the bios-settings.However most settings are grayed out."Set Administrator Password" is also grayed out. How can I enable the BIOS-settings?Do I need to Login into the BIOS as an Administrator? How can I do that, during entering the BIOS it only let's me login as my regular domain-account or how can I even set an Administrator-Password? Thanks and best regards What I have found is that this situation arose for me when I logged in to the BIOS as a regular user after installing HP ProtectTools and enabling Pre-boot authentication.  I needed to log in as an admin user. However, in my case, I had yet to set up an administrative password for the BIOS prior to setting up HP ProtectTools.  What I needed to do was the following set of steps: 1.  When the system reboots, it SHOULD give you the option to log in to the BIOS as a guest or registered user.  Log in as GUEST into the BIOS instead of a registered user (wierd, but it works).2.  Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.3.  You should then be able to edit additional settings, although you may need to log out and then log in as guest and type your new BIOS admin password. Hope this helps! Best Regards,Eric 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-settings-grayed-out-Login-To-BIOS-as-Administrator/td-p/1060073
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello:

This is my first post here, so hi to everyone.
I just got an ASUS X401a Notebook and I want to use a flash drive to boot from Linux.
I need to change the sequence in the BIOS so that the flash drive is first choice to boot from.
I have no problem accessing the BIOS utility, but it allows me to alter only some settings. Those in blue colored font I can change those in black font I cannot. What drive to boot from first is in black and not adjustable.
I used command line to work as admin and I also set up a password for admin in the BIOS to access the BIOS utility, but still no go; some things are allowed to be changed some aren't.

Any help is appreciated.

A:BIOS: Can access BIOS utility, but cannot change settings.

Is it asking for a password or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250502-bios-can-access-bios-utility-but-cannot-change-settings.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently took a BIOS update and I later on found out that it has messed up my Notebook. File transfer speed has been riduculously slow, games and movies stutter occasionaly. Everything has changed and it does not look good. Product Info: Model: Pavilion AB522TXOS: Windows 10 64-bit ( updated to the very last) RAM: 8 GBProcessor: i5-6200U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Downgrade a BIOS update or Optimising BIOS settings

Hey @Rahul_mk,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering.  Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset.  Have you tried to perform a hard reset?Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to? You said that Windows 10 is up to date.Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also?  You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.Select Load Setup Defaults.Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. I am glad that you joined in!  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Downgrade-a-BIOS-update-or-Optimising-BIOS-settings/td-p/5692324
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I built a new computer a few months ago and have had nothing Windows Gigabyte settings 10 disk BIOS 970A-DS3P MBR to fresh to install ?? but trouble from using a GPT system for the first time - Now after a complete system crash Windows a couple of days ago I have deleted all partitions and created new partitions as Gigabyte 970A-DS3P BIOS settings to install Windows 10 to fresh MBR disk ?? MBR They are now sitting there empty waiting for me to take the opportunity to push in the new Windows x DVD I just burned Question As I am getting a bit weary from the error messages popping up related to the GPT stuff and the BIOS settings does anyone have any recommended settings for the following so that I could expect a first time Windows installation and an evenings TV viewing instead of banging my head Gigabyte 970A-DS3P BIOS settings to install Windows 10 to fresh MBR disk ?? against a brick wall BIOS Features Boot Mode Selection Storage Boot Option Control Other PCI Device ROM Priority Peripherals OnChip SATA Type SATA Hot Plug on PORT etc I'm thinking of starting with everything in Legacy mode and crank it up from there as I go along What do you think tia

A:Gigabyte 970A-DS3P BIOS settings to install Windows 10 to fresh MBR disk ??

What size is the hard drive?
You'll need to use GPT if your drive is over 2 tb or partition the drive into 2 - 1 gig partitions

Here is a .pdf link for your mother board, it explains most of the bios settings, where they are and what the default settings should be
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...3p_v.2.x_e.pdf
If you have the free version of windows 10, you have to upgrade it from Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 first. If you have already done this then your all set to install a clean copy of 10
You should use AHCI mode, and you can get the drivers from Gigabyte's web site here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=5216#dl

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/gigabyte-970a-ds3p-bios-settings-install-windows-10-fresh-mbr-disk-276102/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had to reformat and reinstall windows xp home edition on my computer. It installs fine but when it comes to installing sp1 and it is rebooted, it then refuses to start up again. I have tried the recovery disk but it then just reboots over and over as windows is starting up. I have installed the motherboard drivers etc first. Then the sp1 (even tried doing it with sp2) but with the same result every time. I'm now at the stage where I have windows loaded but cannot install sp1 as I just know it will do the same. Limiting my use of the pc. Can anyone help please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/loading-xp-sp1-stops-my-computer-restarting-187106.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I am new here, and really, really hope you can help me!
I loaded Norton 360 on my desktop Friday night, and ever since just keeps restarting over and over again. The only screen I have right now is the Bios Setup Utility. What can I do from here to get my computer back to normal? I've read the other posts about restarting, and I'm sure this problem has to do with the new software. The last thing I did before this problem started was remove Memeo suto sync.

So, take me from the Bios Setup Utility screen to my functioning computer, please!!!! I am a beginner...

A:Unstoppable restarting after loading Norton 360

I was able to restore in Safe Mode, but know there are still changes that need to be made to prevent the restart cycle. What should I look for, or what needs to be done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstoppable-restarting-after-loading-norton-360.779490/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey ppl am so close to going mad.

THis computer I've got is really peeing me off.

Its an Acer 1, and is really good, cost me 800 from PC world

Everytime it gets to Windows Vista Loading

it resets itself and will come on again and do exactly the same thing,

Have tried installing Vista and XP again, still get the same problem,

Installed Ubuntu which is a Linux OS and that works perfect, comes on, go on the net and do whatever I need to do.

But then I got hold of a XP CD so tried installing that, done a full clean install, and still have the same problem,

WIll switch the computer on, and will get to XP screen (before loggin on screen) and restart itself and keep on doing it, untill i swtich it off

Can someone please help me out? or tell me what to do to get my pc working.

THanks

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a problem that may have been related to a virus. At this point, when I start up my computer I can log on and then I get the error in a box ERROR LOADING C:\windows\system32\drvmex.dll specified module cannot be found. Then within a minute, my computer re-starts itself. I was able to do a virus scan at one point and I think some files were removed but, the scan took so long I wasn't actually sitting at the computer when the scan finished. I don't even really know where to start. I have a dell computer with Windows XP sp2. Thanks for any help you can give.

Relevancy 50.31%

hi i am new to this so hopefully you can help me. I have a compaq persario and i want to revert it to the factory settings. Last time i wanted to do this i was still under warrenty and they walked me right through the process, no start up disk required, now i need to pay for tech support and they want 100 bucks. I can;t afford that, I just wanan know if anyone knows how on a compaq with windows xp how i revert to my factory settings?

thank you all that will help me,
davey

A:Restarting To Factory Settings

Do you have the recovery disks that usually come with Presarios?
Reverting to factory settings will delete ALL applications and data files you have put on your computer since you got the PC, so be sure to make backup copies of all important data before doing anything. This seems to be a drastic measure---is there a reason you want to do this?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63615/restarting-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 49.88%

Trying to load admin or any other user while at the xp welcome screen. Using an Vaio laptop

Any selected user starts loading personal settings and jumps immediately to save personal settings and returns to the welcome screen.

Had an attack by Antivirus 2009 and am trying to runMalwarebytes mbam-setup.exe from a flash drive.

I can get into safe mode by pressing F8 when booting up but not sure how to proceed from there.
Thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-load-jumps-from-loading-personal-settings-to-saving-personal-settings.806252/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a VN7-572G. The presented BIOS settings are sort of lackluster for a gaming laptop and I know what I'm doing enough to tinker with more advanced settings. I've examined the BIOS for this laptop and there are a ton of locked-away settings. Unfortunately, there is some sort of BIOS security implemented that prevents me from just flashing a modified BIOS onto this laptop. Is there perhaps some sort of way to officially access more advanced settings or any way of requesting one from Acer?

A:Advanced BIOS Settings and/or Unlocked BIOS? (VN7-...

Hi, Short answer, NO. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Advanced-BIOS-Settings-and-or-Unlocked-BIOS-VN7-572G/td-p/448010
Relevancy 49.88%

Im starting this thread so that for all who have unlocked their bios for wirelesscard whitelist removal or what ever, using the link on techInferno using svl7 mod can have a guide as to what settings can be used to improve the performance of their y510p and what settings to stay away from.  For those who have difficulties in retrieving the files from techInfernos website can pm me. Any and all suggestions and requests are welcome. Happy modding.

A:Y510p Bios mod, Best unlocked bios settings.

I would do this, but after paying 1000 for this laptop, that risk of bricking the bios..

Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510p-Bios-mod-Best-unlocked-bios-settings/td-p/1689193
Relevancy 49.45%

Asus A N-E AMD WD gig or when desktop usually freezing loading Computer restarting gig NVIDIA GeForce GT Soundblaster Audigy x mb OCZ performance DDR ram W SilenX psu Antec P case This problem I ve been having seems to be constantly changing My computer has been having problems It started off by continuously restarting while loading the desktop I went into safemode and did a system recovery and it stopped restarting continuously for Computer restarting or freezing usually when loading desktop a while but then it started freezing sometimes while loading the desktop or sometimes restarting Recently I ve noticed it s been restarting sometimes after an hour or more has passed sometimes I ve run utilities such as Registry Fix CCleaner Ad-Aware SE Spybot and both Norton and McAfee virus scanners I ve also done a scan disk but no no avail I ve got a few error messages here that might help DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP X D X D X X XF DE B NVTcp sys - Address F DE B base at F DE DateStamp c f b and then it crashed again with this error code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP X D XFAD EC X X XEFDC D HTTP sys - Address EFDC D base at EFDB Date Stamp And these following messages when windows actually does load and tells me that it recovered from a serious error BCCode d BCP EC BCP BCP BCP B EF D OSVer SP Product BCCode d BCP ED BCP BCP BCP B A F D OSVer SP Product BCCode c BCP B BCP BCP E EC BCP OSVer SP Product nbsp

A:Computer restarting or freezing usually when loading desktop

I also ran hijackThis. Here's the results:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:28:53 PM, on 9/30/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\OasClnt.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink DVD Solution\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.ex e
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\T-REV\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarting-or-freezing-usually-when-loading-desktop.34344/
Relevancy 49.45%

Before I start here is some background info for this computer P MB Ram GB harddrive Windows SP I have an interesting problem with one of RESTARTING Computer and is up properly?? not Solved: loading our computers at work Apparently when this user walks into the office in the morning am he turns on his computer and gets this unusual problem where his computer restarts about - times just before it loads up to the windows login screen After a couple of weeks of this re-occurring problem i then took his computer and hooked it up in my office onto a little test station and for Solved: Computer is RESTARTING and not loading up properly?? the past days it hasn t been giving me any problems I have run Solved: Computer is RESTARTING and not loading up properly?? memory tests ran AD-Aware and Spyboot cleaned out any spyware did a virus scan everything is clean and I don t get this problem on my little test Solved: Computer is RESTARTING and not loading up properly?? station in my office But for some reason when I reconnect this computer back to the user s office i get the same problem again I have also posted a logfile after running Hijackthis maybe u can see something that I cannot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files NavNT DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system regsvc exe C WINDOWS system MSTask exe C WINDOWS System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NavNT vptray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA BUTTER BO HEL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www on lung ca O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run BO HelperStartUp C PROGRA BUTTER BO HEL EXE partner BO O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run WordPerfect Office C Program Files Common Files Corel Registration EN Registration exe title quot WordPerfect Office quot date serial ws wbd- -fps O - Global Startup GStartup lnk C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - WWW Prefix http O - DPF A- - BD- A -D FF C CE - http download sidestep com get k sb cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain ont lung on ca O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain ont lung on ca O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain ont lung on ca O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINDOWS System NavLogon dll O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files NavNT DefWatch exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Client Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe I appreciate any help and opinions tell u the truth this problem is really iritating would be great to solve this one THANX EVERYONE nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I don t post on here much but you guys have saved me many times and I thank you for it windowsXP loading loop restarting when Constant Hopefully Constant restarting loop when loading windowsXP you can do it one more time The computer was given to me and all they said was quot It won t start quot So i booted it up and it kept getting into post then tryed to start windows then reboots It goes in a constant loop I thought quot Ok probably a boot sector virus quot I ve had this same problem before and all i had to do was fdisk mbr then formatting Constant restarting loop when loading windowsXP and all was Constant restarting loop when loading windowsXP fine and dandy well that didn t work So I tryed doing the same thing with gdisk mbr That didn t work That I can do is format c s and have it boot to the prompt no problem so i think there is no real damage tot he HD but i could be wrong I don t have to worry about the data on the drive so any solution to get this thing to boot would be great Thanks Brad nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Recently i started having trouble with my computer after downloading a program for a college class. I have been looking into ways to clean my PC since removing it. One way i keep coming across is that you should restore the computer every year. My main question is if i use F10 while the computer is booting and use the restore to factory setting option will i lose Windows and all programs. or will my computer keep the programs it came with when i turned it on for the very first time, if that is the case i wouldn't mind because i really just use my computer for games and do not have anything major saved to it.

A:restarting back to factory settings

The system recovery partition will set back your computer all programs installed from the day you acquired which is equivalent to OEM recovery discs. All data and programs installed there after will be deleted. There are some laptops that have a back-up option before proceeding to the factory install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439618/restarting-back-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
My computer has suddenly experienced massive amounts of freezes. While booting it will freeze for a good 10 minutes. After it will run fine for a little and then it will freeze up again if I open a program. I have Webroot anti virus and Malware bytes that I have ran and both have shown no threats. My computer is running windows 7 ultimate It's an Alienware. Any other information that you need I can provide.

A:Computer freezing while loading/opening programs/restarting

Also when starting I get "the application is not responding. The program may respond" from Microsoft Windows. Also get a screen failure to display security and shut down options. The logos process was unable to display security and login options when Ctrl + alt + delete was pressed. If the operating system does not respond, press Esc or restart the computer by using the power switch.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527867/computer-freezing-while-loadingopening-programsrestarting/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I am having a strange problem while overclocking my GPU My system Specs are Pentium D Ghz GB SATA SEAGATE Harddrive nVidia FX MB AGP card Settings Overclocking After restarting lost my are !!! GPU system, - No fan on it MB DDR Mhz RAM nVidia provide After restarting my system, GPU Overclocking Settings are lost !!! applications to overclock their cards in their installation disk I have installed that application and now I can see Overclocking menu in Advanced Display Settings The guide provided with the software says to manually increase the settings slowly and and test it And gradually increase but it has another option somewhat like Auto-detect when I click it it detects the best settings for my PC I have checked the performance by a benchmarking tool and yes the performance in graphics rendering increases much Then I run a Video Card Stability test tool and stress it for - hours It runs smoothly I save the settings Till now everything is fine Now but when I restart my comp those settings are lost and I need to redetect and save to get better performance So any method to make those settings permanent Thanks in advance REgards TheHacker nbsp

A:After restarting my system, GPU Overclocking Settings are lost !!!

Got it........This problem is solved.......
But now, after overclock my monitor has started flickering a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-restarting-my-system-gpu-overclocking-settings-are-lost.96916/
Relevancy 49.02%

From what I can find on this subject, it seems to be an old problem, but I can't find an answer I can use. I have a Dell desktop, running Windows XP Home, and just two days ago I got the problem where it will let me sign into my account (I only have one set up) but it hangs at "loading personal settings". I tried to do load up in Safe Mode but the same thing happens - and I left it on (both times) overnight and nothing happened. I don't know what else to do short of reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.59%

OK so I was watching TV on my PC last night, woke up to find PC had restarted itself, I shutdown from the login screen. Now when trying to bootup, it gives a warning, prompting me to run startup repair, if I do this it runs & gives option to do system restore, but I cannot do it as the mouse & keyboard won't work! If I try and start windows normally I get the BSOD with "Page Fault in nonpaged area" warning at the top. Have tried booting from Windows 7 DVD but again the mouse & keyboard won't work, they only work in the BIOS, would appreciate some help, thanks!

A:Page Fault in nonpaged area, keyboard/mouse wont work outside BIOS

Well now you say your keyboard and mouse only works in bios but what you don't tell is what (exactly) is your keyboard and mouse.

What mouse and keyboard are you using?:?

Do you have a PS2 keyboard?

From what I found you should have this.

Quote:
Back I/O Ports1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z87PRO/specifications/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341506-page-fault-nonpaged-area-keyboard-mouse-wont-work-outside-bios.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have  a HP Pavilion 15-e045ex laptop. It worked fine until today, when a new update for the bios (F.27 Rev.A) became available. I downloaded the update and restarted the laptop to begin updating. and now it's stuck!!! It keeps loading the bios update screen and copying the bios files and verifying them normaly. when it restarts, instead of loading the system, it repeats the bios update again and again !! It does not give any errors during updating process, yet it some how repeats it endlessly. Can any one help me out of this mess?!! thanks in advance  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-update-keeps-restarting/td-p/5718842
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a sata harddrive running recently installed had to make some changes in the bios now I can only get to desktop by going into bios and restarting from there or by going into safe mode and restarting. When I try to get to desktop by booting I get press any key when I press a key I get a repeat of press any key etc etc. I think one of the changes I made in the bios must be responsible for this, can anyone help.Thanks.

A:can only get to desktop by restarting from bios

Forgot to mention its my other computer not this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-get-to-desktop-by-restarting-from-bios.935947/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have a brand new XPS machine which hardware code down, shut itself BIOS or sleep XPS after Powers (9550) hibernate. issue on 15 or fault? I suppose may have a factory defect but I d like to try asking here and see if others have similar experiences before sending it to repair TL DR Issuing a shut down hibernate or start command makes the laptop go down Light from the power button goes away seconds later the power comes back on and the system starts up On delivery the laptop had Win Pro on it I want to have a clean install without the bloatware which is often shipped with new computers so I reinstalled it on the very first day with a USB stick prepared with Windows Pro install media on it Once installed I added the WLAN driver and let the machine get all other drivers via Windows update Once done I shut down the machine and put it in XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? my bag So far so good I thought nbsp When i took it of of my bag I instantly noticed that it was hot and that the screen was already at the Windows logon as soon as I flipped up the screen Logged on and tried to shut it down just to realize that the machine comes back on seconds after completed shut down I tried this several times to see if it was repeatable and yes it is Behavior is same every time It s the same regardless of choosing shut down hibernate or sleep Always seconds after the light on power button goes out power comes back on BIOS wise or release behaves equal I have tried resetting the BIOS to factory defaults and BIOS defaults as XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? well Operating system wise I ve tried reinstalling the machine with both the Microsoft install image The Microsoft tool that prepares a USB drive as Win installation media and the image supplied by Dell via the support pages No difference I ve tried to stay on drivers supplied by Windows update as well as manually installing everything from Dell support site No difference Findings from google refer to quot Fast boot quot setting in windows but I did not get any improvement from either settings of this I even went as far as tried to run Ubuntu on the laptop to see if the behavior is OS agnostic and yes it seems Shut down from the menu of the Ubuntu desktop gives the same result seconds after power led goes out the power returns Even when in the BIOS settings menu I can do a short press of the power button to request a shut down and reach the same result seconds after power led coming off system is by itself restarting The only way to shut down this computer is to do a long press on the power button If I do that the machine shuts down and stays off Last thing to share here is that inside the BIOS interface there is a power state log In there I can see that the system has powered off at a certain timestamp and that the associated reason is something like quot ACPI Power off quot or similar don t have the machine here at hand right now quot Immediately after that there is a power on event but the reason is listed as quot Not applicable quot I interpret this that there is something actually making a signal to the system to start up rather than a hardware fault Possibly a BIOS bug My patience is rather much consumed with this as I do not see any more things to try I think next stop is the workshop for this machine but I cannot be without it for the next week so I ll need to keep it with me some time still

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992618
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a keeps bios restarting before af... Laptop reaching to Lenovo Idea Pad Y and wanted to install windows on it Laptop keeps restarting before reaching to bios af... I went to the bios setting to change the boot into USB There Laptop keeps restarting before reaching to bios af... were to categories of boot options UEFI and Legacy Within UEFI there were two options the hard drive and network based option Under the Legacy category there was no option listed However I chose it and restarted the computer After that the laptop is an infinite loop of restarting It turns on and within one or two seconds it restarts I tried to keep pressing F but it doesn't go into BIOS setting It doesn't even seem that the keyboard is working I tried to follow the discussion here but that didn't help my issue out Apparently the problem in my computer is happening so fast that even the keyboard is not initialized I tried using a USB keyboard but that didn't help I don't even see the laptop logo when it restarts I will really appreciate if anyone has an idea how to fix this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Laptop-keeps-restarting-before-reaching-to-bios-after-boot/td-p/3437778
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys so recently I restarted my computer and after shutting down upon starting back PC / Major BIOS Restarting problem with up the PC would not post All I got was fans spinning up at and no signal to my monitor I found that the only way to get it to post was Major problem with BIOS / Restarting PC to reset the CMOS by resetting the jumper The problem is my CPU cannot run without randomly shutting down due to a low Vcore VID voltage so I have to up the Vcore voltage a little bit in the bios It will not run correctly on optimal default settings Everytime I save the bios settings even if I don't change anything the computer will restart and fail to post The only way to get it to post again is if I reset the CMOS jumper I just had to format my hard drive and reinstall windows because I was running HDD's in RAID and the only way to access the OS is if I set the SATA mode to RAID instead of AHCI Since everytime I would save the bios settings and restart the computer would not post thus having to clear the CMOS again which would reset the BIOS to default settings and back to AHCI mode which would not allow the OS to be detected Now since reinstalling windows I can at least boot into windows but I cannot restart my computer for any reason whatsoever thats without even entering the BIOS I cannot restart my PC without having to clear the CMOS I have tried removing the CMOS battery for an hour I have held down the power button for seconds to a minute with the power cable unplugged I have reseated the CPU and Memory as well as run the PSA test and it finds no errors whatsoever I should also mention a few months back before my warranty expired I had every single piece of hardware replaced by Dell the motherboard the CPU GPU PSU HDD's memory etc I do believe some of these parts were refurbished so that may have something to do with it I would think if the motherboard was faulty then why would it run flawlessly once it gets into windows when it did have the correct BIOS settings Anyway I appreciate any insight anyone might have about my situation Thanks for your time checking out my thread Have a great day guys

A:Major problem with BIOS / Restarting PC

It sounds like the BIOS flash chip is being corrupted when you save to it. The chip or the hardware leading to it could be faulty, and it wouldn't be detected on a scan of any kind. If that's what it is, it's not something you could fix beyond replacing the MB.

It sounds like the BIOS itself is still intact, it just can't save new parameters without corrupting. That will definitely prevent booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319769-major-problem-bios-restarting-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Whenever I power on my gaming computer itself keeps Computer BIOS? reaching without restarting Solved: it makes a fast sound quot beep beep beep beep quot and then quickly shuts down without displaying anything on the monitor and then Solved: Computer keeps restarting itself without reaching BIOS? restarts continuously All the fans seems to be working although CPU fan takes the longest to start and all the cables were connected and there is minimal dust I tried pressing f and f but nothing happens The same problem happened a Solved: Computer keeps restarting itself without reaching BIOS? while back but somehow fixed itself after waiting for a week Solved: Computer keeps restarting itself without reaching BIOS? But last night while I was playing a high intensive game the monitor became smeared with weird colors and the computer froze with a continuous beep After the reboot the problem above happened My computer is years old and I recently replaced a faulty video card What could be the problem Thanks in advance EDIT Okay a weird thing happened I switched the Hard drive of my gaming computer broken and my school computer to check if the problem was my Hard drive What happened was both the Hard drives didn t work on each computer I put the Hard drives back into the original computer but now my school computer has problem starting And strangely my gaming computer boots up properly again S But I KNOW for sure that if I start playing games again my computer will start having problems nbsp

A:Solved: Computer keeps restarting itself without reaching BIOS?

press delete on start up to enter bios , once there close to load safe defaults and re boot

odd colours where the card overheating and or over clocked

check drivers up to date for video card

check running processes you do not want 100 items running if gaming check in taskmanager xp say 18 services , vista say 30 or so as 7 also

easier for me to see if you post a hijackthis log back

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-keeps-restarting-itself-without-reaching-bios.950721/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got a new hard drive and reformatted it today as a secondary drive I had no sound and couldnt find the cd with my speakers so i tried downloading drivers realtek off the net which didnt work after a bit i got annoyed and thought it could be something to do with BIOS So I tried to update my BIOS from ASrock -VSTA I think to ASrock -VSTA but it just made my pc stupidly after Blue BIOS screen/restarting updated slow loading up about minutes so i tried system recovers which didnt work so i looked for the version of bios i had before to see if i could get it back Blue screen/restarting after updated BIOS running fast but i Blue screen/restarting after updated BIOS could only find and installed that now i cant get on any hard drive because it just restarts while loading and i cant reformat because i get blue screen Will it help if i reset the bios by taking out the battery or do I have to get a new motherboard all together Thanks in advance and sorry about the long story

A:Blue screen/restarting after updated BIOS

Oh and the reason I wanted to format is because whenever i try to go on a hard drive it comes up with "file missing system32" or something similar or just stays at the loading screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-restarting-after-updated-bios-337974.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys! I am not a pro. Just like that, my laptop didn't want to start.
I have (had XP SP2) windows xp sp1 -reinstalled.I formatted all the partitions.( 2 )
I have 2 problems:
1-MAJOR- it doesn't start.the comp it's like a frigid women.It's a IBM 2001 ,old enough for my kids that I heard of...ha
when i press pause i see phoenix bios 4.0 release 6.0
bios = shadowed
video bios =shadowed
I'm not sure of the syntax
the thing is that piece of master of puppets ...gives me o lot of aches
another thing=the battery of the laptop it's kind of gone,dead-if I unplug the comp it's gone.in 0,0001 sec
can anyone tell me if is the BIOS or what is the problem?
please!
I appreciate you answers , anyway
Thanks

A:restarting-starting computer-bios shodewed

sorry for the spelling
when I start the comp says
BIOS shadowed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restarting-starting-computer-bios-shodewed.757762/
Relevancy 47.3%

i really need help here-anyone-

been running xp pro for sometime then one day it just stops working it gets as far as loading personal settings and just hang there for days if i let it!!

i'm losed-any ideas-would be GREAT!!!--new to forums-thanks-yford

Relevancy 47.3%

Guys,
My WOT ratings haven't been loading for quite a few days.
This is what it looks like

Relevancy 46.87%

Windows Pro Had service pack and was working well I had just put the on this computer it had windows SE I had SP on Pro-keeps help Solved: 2000 Windows and restarting restarting--Please it but new it need to have all the windows updates put on so went to windows updates and the first thing was SP I stayed up late last night and let SP install and thought everything was Solved: Windows 2000 Pro-keeps restarting and restarting--Please help fine Got up this morning and find out the computer boots up and goes to the windows screen but then the next screen would be the desktop but instead it reboots and goes to the same spot the screen but never makes it to the desktop this happens over and over I tried to go into safe mode but does the same thing tried command prompt only so I could type in SCANREG but it just reboots again I can t get anywhere to do anything The last thing I tried was last known good configuration I clicked on it and a page comes up with all the writing I hardly got a chance to read it when it reboot again but under the first paragraph wher it says something about last know good configuration it has a space and the it says project like I could have click on that if I would have been fast enough Any ideas from anyone would be nice Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 2000 Pro-keeps restarting and restarting--Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-pro-keeps-restarting-and-restarting-please-help.400048/
Relevancy 46.87%

As the title states, my computer restarts a few times on bios screen before booting, after I installed my new gtx 970. And I had bsod a few times while playing WoW on max graphics. The graphics card didn't get too hot. I have no idea what's causing it.
Specs:
Mb: gigabyte ga-z77-g3h
Graphics: gtx 970
cpu: Intel Core i5-2320
Ram: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB
psu: XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 650W
128gb ssd and a 500gb hdd
64-bit Windows 7

A:Computer is restarting a few times on bios before booting after installing new gfx

Hi and welcome to TSG.

When you say the graphics card didn't get too hot, what temps did it get to and what are you using to monitor it? Not necessarily saying you are wrong, only we have seen it many times where people think their cards / CPU etc isn't overheating but it is infact running too warm.

I assume you are not overclocking at all?

What BIOS version are you running? I believe the board comes with F18 BIOS but there have been two BIOS updates since then to 'improve system stability' (F21) and 'Compatibility' (F22).

How old is the system overall?

What error was displayed on the BSOD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-restarting-a-few-times-on-bios-before-booting-after-installing-new-gfx.1137751/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi.
I have Toshiba Satellite L50-B for over a year now. I upgraded RAM memory to 8gb and it works great. But last 10 days BIOS date and time keeps restarting to default every time I shut down or hibernate laptop. My battery is dead, but I didn't take out, it charges all the time, and BIOS restart after I disconnect charger from laptop. I think that CMOS battery is dead, but when I open laptop there is no CMOS battery. Someone told me that this model have some kind of flash chip for bios time. How do I fix this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91944-Toshiba-Satellite-L50-B-Bios-date-and-time-restarting
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. I'm having a problem at the moment with my personal settings not loading on XP. Whenever I load up the computerand click to login, it thinks about it for a few minutes before letting me into windows, but with literally all the default settings in place. The desktop is entirely reset, all my bookmarks are gone, programs where they shouldn't be, and so forth. though no error messages to speal of. At first it was happening scarcely, then more frequently, then every other day, and now it's every time I start up the machine. Now it's nothing a system restore isn't solving, so that's not a problem, but it is extremely irritating and wasting about twenty minutes of my time each day. Any idea what's causing the problem?

A:Personal settings not loading.

Your personal folder or the register for your personal in XP may be corrupte ( may also due to Virus)... first thing make sure your original folder information is still there..

Open My Computer > Choose "C: Drive" > "C:\Documents and Settings" >
you will see all people's profile folder in there .

you can goto you Username and see your stuff like photo.. music ... document .. is still there.

If still in there you may want to back these things up and do a New installation..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/personal-settings-not-loading.990034/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
I recently installed fresh Windows 10 and it was working fine.
After installation I enabled the builtin admin account and converted it to Microsoft account successfully but after 1 day the your accounts screen in pc settings showing loading always not the content but the content buttons and links are accessible while screen loading (please see the gif of the error)..

I tried to remove the battery while laptop on and charging but its also not fixed this problem, so please help me to get this problem sorted out.

Thanks.

A:PC Settings your account always loading

Any luck getting this fixed? Having the same issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/12347-pc-settings-your-account-always-loading.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to fix a laptop for one of my users. The laptop is a Dell Latitude D610 2.13 Ghz, 512Mb. If you sign on with the network cable attached and try to log into the domain the laptop will sit at loading your personal settings and nothing. It has sit at least 30 minutes and nothing. If you reboot and log in with the network cable disconnected it will log in fine. I can't figure this one out.

I have renamed the users profile on the laptop to username.old and windows went through and recreated the profile. the only thing that might be a issue is the laptop was added to the domain on a different domain controller. the user is out of alabama and working here temporarily. According to him this laptop has never logged in before so I'm not sure if that is a problem or not.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.01%

We have a PC on our network that takes about 10 mins to load the computer settings on startup.

Below is a warning that is logged in the Event Viewer

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (52)
Event ID: 4356
Date: 10/09/2008
Time: 9:44:44 a.m.
User: N/A
Computer: NLS09
Description:
The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have also attached the userenv.log.

Can someone please help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-loading-computer-settings.748511/