Windows Support Forum

How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

Q: How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

Hey I just had a quick question I have a LG CH LS Blu ray drive and I have been having glitches with some Blu Rays namely Terminator Salvation and The Dark Knight they run choppy firmware a installed you properly? if know do actually update How and stutter All of my other Blu Rays run fine How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly? Anyway the software that came with the Blu Ray How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly? Drive came with How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly? the LG Tool Kit When I first got the drive I used it to auto look for firmware updates It found one update to make the drive compatible with Windows It says that the update was successful but I m unsure whether that s the case or not as I can t find out where to find out which firmware I have right now So I have tried everything to fix the stuttering issue with the two Blu Rays I ve updated Java upgraded the Blu Ray playing software updated graphics drivers switched off tons of start up programs and still Terminator Salvation and The Dark Knight stutter It doesn t make sense because TS spikes at percent CPU usage all the time and is percent So should I just go to the LG website and manually download the firmware update Or will that damage my drive Compaq Presario Intel Celeron D GHz Windows Vista Basic SP GB Ram GB Hard Drive Nvidia BFG GeForce GT GB PCI-E Driver BFG Watt Power Supply Samsung p Monitor digital driver X BD-ROM LG Ultra BLue Alhena Motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

Nero Info Tool should tell you the drive's firmware: http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero8-tools-utilities.html
You can also run that same firmware update utility and I think it tells you if the firmware versions and if there's a newer version.

You can try the WinDVD trial: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ca/en/Product/1189528458632#versionTabview=tab1&tabview=tab4

You have a weak CPU and that may be the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-know-if-a-firmware-update-actually-installed-properly.923367/
Relevancy 72.67%

I've just had a 2Tb Samsung HD204UI drive installed. (I got 6 months out of the Western Digital )

A quick Google has brought up the following link.......

SAMSUNG HD204UI important firmware patch required

I'm wondering if I need this patch? How can I tell if I do? Will Vista updates look after it automatically if I do need it?

Thanks.

D.

A:Do I need firmware update for newly installed Samsung drive?

Hi,

I suppose there is no way to tell, but it would be a good thing to do as there appears to be several issues to cover off!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290228-do-i-need-firmware-update-newly-installed-samsung-drive.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there A couple of days ago when I started my computer I got this error quot B s UDF Driver is not installed properly Set up the B s UDF driver again quot I m not sure what this means Also I can not update my antivirus Avira I have Windows XP installed update, not is properly... B's UDF driver wont' Antivirus error - Professional Service Pack I have tried the following I have uninstalled Avira and ran Malwarebytes Anti Malware Antivirus wont' update, error - B's UDF driver is not installed properly... and it removed Adware-Zango When I restarted my computer it still gives me the B s UDF error above When I tried to do system restore it gave me quot Changes made to drive s E after this point cannot be reversed because the drive was either excluded from System Restore monitoring or was turned off or removed quot After clicking OK it said the system Antivirus wont' update, error - B's UDF driver is not installed properly... couldn t be restored I ve also tried Stinger and that didn t give me anything Not sure what to do next Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks so much G

A:Antivirus wont' update, error - B's UDF driver is not installed properly...

That error you are getting seems to be related a burning program called B's Clip.You have uninstalled your virus protection? I don't see an Anti Virus Program running on your machineDownload and install an antivirus program, and make sure that you keep it updated
New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.
Two good antivirus programs free for non-commercial home use are Avast! and Antivir
Note: You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first

Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys. ~ Courtesy of boopmePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here or here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228147/antivirus-wont-update-error-bs-udf-driver-is-not-installed-properly/
Relevancy 58.48%

Since I re-installed my Windows last week Windows Update would not work When I got to the section to windows properly Re-installed 7 will windows and update work not check for updates there is a Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly red shield with an 'x' in it When i click the button that says quot check for updates quot I get a message saying quot Windows Update cannot check for updates because the service is not running you may need to Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly restart your computer quot The computer has been restarted several times with no change When I check services in administrative tools it says that the service is running I have run the the update readiness tool but this did not run properly the message quot Installer Encountered an error xc quot appeared lt Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly min after starting Interestingly I tried reinstalling windows last week in effort to solve this same problem I thought I may have done something wrong when I reinstalled it in February and windows update would not work At that time I used the fixit that has the tag This troubleshooter quot Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update quot may automatically fix your problem File name MicrosoftFixit wu LB Run It gave an error saying it can't proceed quot Troubleshooter encountered and unexpected error quot I had also tried Windows update troubleshooter which did not work It did not start Error code x E E I haven't bothered with those things again because i figured they wouldn't work I have attached the CBS log Attachment Can anyone offer any suggestions Do I need to try the above again

A:Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly

Please post an MGADiag report - it may show what the problem is....

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/287435-re-installed-windows-7-windows-update-will-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Can a Firmware Update and or Driver A Update Reversed? Firmware Printer And/or Can Update Be drivers on printers be reversed I am new to BleepingComputer so I do not know which Forum to post this to as this issue involves multiple forums Hardware HP Printers Software Firmware amp Drivers Operating Systems running Windows and Windows XP At my workplace we have many HP Printers on the network HP sent me a link promoting HP Easy Printer Care I figured I would try it big mistake because I take care of all of Can A Printer Firmware Update And/or Driver Update Be Reversed? the printers in our building So this Easy Printer Care tells me that there is updated Firmware for my printers So I get the firmware and install it Of course HP didn t really explain how to install it I had to look it up to actually do the install After installing it HP tells me that the Firmware Updates still need to be updated Now the end users are having problems when they print Multiple users are having the same and or different problems The problem that has the most reports to me are When someone is printing a document and they want to change it from portrait to landscape they click on properties and receive an error message that reads Function address x e a aa caused a protection fault exception code xc Some or all property page s may not be displayed Click OK Then another windows pops up saying Operation could not be completed Click OK The function address is always different for different users or systems The exception code is always the same The User cannot make any changes in order to print I have tried a hard reboot on the printers to default back to factory settings but nothing seems to change Am I doing that correctly Does anyone have any suggestions Please advise Thank you Gloria B

A:Can A Printer Firmware Update And/or Driver Update Be Reversed?

You can go to Device Manager and find the printer and in properties it gives you the option to "roll back" the driver to a previous version. A firmware update and driver update mean 2 different things, to me anyways. My understanding is a firmware update offers "improved" instructions to the onboard chip of the device. What does HP say about the problem?
Mark
'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113664/can-a-printer-firmware-update-andor-driver-update-be-reversed/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay I want to update my DVD-rom Driver due to it update.... Firmware having a difficulty playing LOTR-FOTR Special Edition Here s a link to LG s site http ca lgservice com index b c jsp Link doesn t work Got to www lgservice com than to Canada than to device driver dvd-rom scroll down to LOTR-FOTR Special edition Will tell you Firmware update.... there Now I know that I have to download the files from www bootdisk com for Dos After I do this do I double click on the files from Firmware update.... Bootdisk com and send them to a floppy Firmware update.... disk Than after that the files from LG s site I put on this Bootable Disk Restart the computer type in the command and let it go If I do this wrong is there anyway of screwing up my Bios I have a Dell computer and don t want to screw anything The Lg Dvd-rom I bought seperatly and installed myself Someone help me on this or was the above correct nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I have recently purchased an "Onyx Portable Media Player" by "Mach Speed Technologies". I installed the included drivers and software and am currently upgrading the firmware. The update window says "SigmaTel MSCN Firmware", so I'm assuming it's licensed by SigmaTel. It's updating from version 000.000.000 to 880.282.433. The window's progress bar seems to be stuck at "Initializing", with no advances made in the main progress bar but the smaller one constantly filling and then refilling. Is this just going to take a long time or is there something wrong?

I can provide a screenshot if needed.

A:Firmware update

Is this the media player firmware or motherboard?
Why did you feel the need to upgrade the firmware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update.580681/
Relevancy 52.46%

ok ive checked a bunch of sites and i wanna get my routers firmware to 3.43 so that it'll be primed for halo 3 tommorow. the problem is when i try to download i end up with a 505 error message saying: failed to change directory

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 52.46%

Could someone please tell me the manufacturing web site for MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-586 and OPTORITE CD-RW CW4802 so that I could do a firmware update??????????????????????????????????????????

Relevancy 52.46%

Dear Users,
Netgear WGR614 v7
Please advise on why I can't update the firmware. Every time I get the message that the upgrade has failed.

Arturo

Relevancy 52.46%

hi everyone. I would like to know if i should update the firmware on my ssd. It is not brand new, maybe 3 yrs old. ocz technology. I have neve done this. So i need to know how to figure out exactyly what i have and if i even need to.

any help would be much appreciated

A:update firmware

I don't see any harm in updating firmware. But please identify the firmware that you would like to update and what exactly are your doubts about doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228604-update-firmware.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I periodically check the website for my router to see if there are any new firmware updates. I checked it today and every time i try it says :
A New Version is Found. Do You Want to Upgrade to the New Version Now?

Firmware Version:
Current VersionV1.2.0.8 New VersionV1.2.3.7

I click Yes.
It then tells me that the update failed.
Any suggestions?

I am running an XP machine.
I have Verizon DSL.
I have a Westell model 2200 modem and a netgear wnr2000 router.

Any other information you need i will try my best to provide. Just ask.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Im not sure how to update my firmware. Im having trouble burning CD-Rs with nero 7.0 because it keeps coming up with this calibration error. I posted that thread in this same forum ( http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/453562-nero-issues-data-disks.html)
but it just leads to this new question about updating my firmware because it might be a possibility. Im also running SP1.

I went to this page called "the firmware page" link- (http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php) and searched for my Disk Drive but had no luck in finding it. Even if I were to find it, how would I go about updating it, and how can I tell if its up to date?

Im running win XP and it is a Toshiba Qosimo laptop e15-av101
I looked in my computer/cd drive/ properties to see the name of my drive and hopfully I have the right one, it is a

MATSHITA dvd-ram UJ-830s.

Relevancy 52.46%

Laptop is a Dell Vostro 1000 with XP Home SP3. Just installed a Crucial SSD. Works great. Tried to install a firmware update; not so great. Following the instructions from the Crucial site, I downloaded the update (it's an ISO file) and burned it to a CD. In the BIOS, changed boot order to CD drive first. Restarted the laptop. No joy - Windows still boots to the desktop. What could be wrong? I know almost nothing about using ISO files. TIA.

A:SSD Firmware Update

CD-image ISO files have to be written to CD in a special way, if you just copied the ISO file to a CD like a normal file, that won't work. There's a free app for creating a CD from an ISO file, it's called IMGBurn: http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssd-firmware-update.1073966/
Relevancy 52.46%

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

A:cd/dvd firmware update ?

Originally Posted by kem

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

no the firmware should be backwards compatible

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244741-cd-dvd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed Open Wrt Bin file on my WR703N Mini portable wifi device. After that it doesn't broadcast WiFi Signals. But Through the LAN cable and using ftp i can connect the Flash memory. Please anyone can help me to Update to my Old Firmware version using FTP. I have my old firmware version's bin file. Pls help to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-help-big-one.1034960/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte CD-RW. model GO-R5232B. I downloaded a zipped Firmware of the same model from the Gigabyte website. Is it safe to update my hardware with this firmware even it has not encountered any problems for the past two years?

Tony

Relevancy 52.46%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

Trying to update firmware on blu-ray but frm file will not write in Vista says I need supported writing software. What exactly do I need to do this?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263518-update-firmware-blu-ray.html
Relevancy 52.46%

O K when originally wanting to do an Upgrade to Windows i used VM to check it out When i decided after alot of research to do the upgrade i used Windows upgrade assistant The message i receved on compatibilty was only one problem Your PC Firmware doesn't support secure boot so you won't be able to use it in Update Firmware Windows Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database Sure anyone who has UEFI like me received this message Firmware Update using this upgrade assistant Through many hour and days of research on internet and other forums nobody seems to know how i can update my firmware neither ASUS could advise me or Microsoft To me i figured it should be a BIOS update but no new ones are available for my system So since i had no answers i decided just to do an install of Windows Pro bit clean install works well faster then Windows So far i like it Only clue i have at this point was a site i found Knowing my BIOS is a American Megatrend http www ami com Products BIOSandEFIFirmware AptioV Not sure if this is an answer to be able to do a UEFI install of Windows Pro again to get full use of secure boot GPT Partitions but this is closest clue i got BIOS stuff and flashing it can always be risky rendering the motherboard inoperable causing major issues that i do not want to do If anyone knows anything on this and can help with it would be very much appreciated i am stumped on this i would like to take full advantage of my system for now i can not TY by way ASUS Essentio cm Intel i ghz Motherboard P H -M-PRO

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508279/firmware-update/
Relevancy 52.46%

For those with any of the following, OCZ has issued a series of firmware updates for the OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3 and RevoDrive 3 bringing the firmware towards version 2.22,

OCZ Technology

For those with Windows installed on it the USB stick method works very well (and easy to set up),

NEW! - Bootable tools for OCZ SSD's

List of resolved issues (as well as a direct download link) can be found here),

OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3, RevoDrive 3 2.22

A:OCZ SSD Firmware update for...

Thanks! My Agility 3 will appreciate this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227342-ocz-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys I have a Samsung SH-S222L. Should I upgrade the firmware to SB02?

A:Should I update the firmware?

Are you having a problem the firmware upgrade corrects? If not, leave it alone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-update-the-firmware.876024/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Olympus Evolt-500 that won't update the firmware. I'm running XP pro with a DSL internet connection. I've talked to every tech support person Olympus has and they don't have a clue what's wrong.

It will recognize the camera and lenses but it will download from 50% to 83% of the firmware update, then a message pops up and says no connection to server and everything shuts off. They had me try the download with no firewall on and using just the modem no router. I've used Olympus Viewer, Olympus Master and Olympus Studio Trial version and they all download about the same amount before they shut down.

I'm open to suggestions at this point.

Relevancy 52.03%

HP-Update FIRMWARE update problem?
I got some critical update for my Seagate 320 gb hard drive?s firmware. I went to download an process the update, later it asked me to insert a blank disk. Well I don?t have a blank disk but I hit bootable cd anyway thinking it would create some file on the hard drive. Well obviously that?s not what it had in mind because my disk drive opened, I shut the disk drive and it started saying writing data to disk. HOW could it do that with no disk. I couldn?t close it. It then said installation succesfull. What the heck. I restarted my computer to see if I had screwed up my system and it seams to be running fine. Have I screwed up my hard drive? Did the dang update install? Can I delete these firmware updte files lying around on my desktop? Please help me????

A:HP UPDATE FIRMWARE update problem?

Originally Posted by GreatNate

HP-Update FIRMWARE update problem?
I got some critical update for my Seagate 320 gb hard drive’s firmware. I went to download an process the update, later it asked me to insert a blank disk. Well I don’t have a blank disk but I hit bootable cd anyway thinking it would create some file on the hard drive. Well obviously that’s not what it had in mind because my disk drive opened, I shut the disk drive and it started saying writing data to disk. HOW could it do that with no disk. I couldn’t close it. It then said installation succesfull. What the heck. I restarted my computer to see if I had screwed up my system and it seams to be running fine. Have I screwed up my hard drive? Did the dang update install? Can I delete these firmware updte files lying around on my desktop? Please help me????

It is ok.

I dont know what happened, but You HAVE to burn the bootable disk, and then boot into it after a restart in order to update the firmware.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/220828-hp-update-firmware-update-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ye hi i have downloaded from Zyxels home page the latest Firmware and now my question is how do i update it? Because when i open the containing folder i have three files bin, pdf and rom. In the pdf theres just some information about what is new in the update and so on, but how do i open the two other files, i mean they are too small to be burned on a disk!!

A:Zyxel Firmware Update

You perform the firmware update from within the router's web user interface. Log into the router and there should be a option under one of the menus to upload new firmware to the unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zyxel-firmware-update.1020088/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can't seem to find an answer to my question - Does the firmware update mean I have to reinstall windows? I have done firmware updates on other devices in the past, but not on a "boot" device, so just need an answer.

Edit: According to samsung it does not wipe HD, but just wanted people who have done an "inplace upgrade" to answer.

Edit: It worked fine through magician.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71269-samsung-850-evo-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have an issue with an E560 that is hooked up through a OneLink Pro to two external monitors (via Displayport and DVI). Both monitors randomly go black for 10-15 seconds and then come back (not at the same time). https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/documents/ht101596 indicates that the firmware needs to be updated; however, after downloading the .exe for the latest firmware, I can't get the file to run! After I click on it, nothing happens. There is nothing in the task manager. I've tried running as Administrator and still nothing. Has anyone had any issues with the update tool or have any suggestions? Thanks, Andrew

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/How-can-I-update-OneLink-Pro-Firmware/td-p/3326010
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am trying to use a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (StarTech brand) to connect my P50 to a Resident Audio T4 Thunderbolt audio interface. The device is briefly detected and then disappears. I have been doing some research to resolve this issue and a few users have said that updating thier Thunderbolt NVM to 18 add compatibility with the adapter.  Would it be possible to get an upgrade from the current NVM16 to NVM18? Current P50 firmware (NVM16) link here:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50... I have already attempted to install the NVM18 firmware straight from Intel but it looks like the firmware is OEM specific. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Thunderbolt-Firmware-NVM-Update/td-p/3471905
Relevancy 51.6%

Helo,   I have issue for updating Me Frimware on my desktop Hp dc7800p small form factor whenever I want to update it an error occour in command prompt showing that'' Error: could not know the last update for Me Firmware '' tell me what can i do .. i have also upadated bios to V 1.5 ...                               waiting for reply                                          thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/ME-Firmware-Update-hp-dc7800p/td-p/5829227
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a problem with OneLink+, where DP is not working. I believe a firmware update should fix this. The update.log which is returned from tp_onelinkplus_dock_fw.exe is: Version: 0.00.000Update result: 255Error description: Can't connect to Synaptics VMMxxxx DP hub IC The paradox is that I am trying to update the firmware to fix the DP and firmware won't update unless you have a DP already connected.  In my quest to fix this, I have downloaded many files some of those where for an incorrect model, pressumably the other OneLink. I am now wondering if I have overwritten the firmware of OneLink+ with that of OneLink. Is that possbile?  Is there any other way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/OneLink-cannot-update-firmware/td-p/3483691
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, Samsung tells me the SSD (a Samsung) firmware updates will come from Lenovo, but I didn't see them on the driver page. The model is MZMTE256HMHP-000L1 Any suggestions? Thanks,Bruce 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-do-I-update-the-SSD-firmware-in-Yoga-2-Pro/td-p/3421387
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a netgear wnr1000 v2. I have been in the router settings and had it check for the latest firmware. It tells me I have the latest and that version is 1.0.0.12NA. Now, when I go to the netgear website and look up my router here: http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/ it says the latest version is 1.1.2.54. So I download it and go to install it to my router and get the error "Firmware upgrade failed. Please check your file." I know it's the right file. Only 3 files are in the installation and they are .html, .img, and .txt, and the image file is the installation one.

Relevancy 51.6%

i have been trying to update the driver firmware for my pioneer dvd writer and im having a problem running the software the drive is the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- and im trying to install the firmware version i think its called filename DVR FW B EXE i follow the vague instructions from pioneeraus com au and run the exe file and it comes up with a command promp window and i get a dialogue box pop up in front of that titled DVD Drive help Firmware update R/RW quot DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help UPGDVD quot and it DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help says quot available target is not found quot i also tried to update the driver through device manager but there is no inf file that i can find on the net so im pretty sure thats a no go if anyone knows a way around this problem or if there is another way to update my driver i would be very greatful if you could help im running xp with a P gig CPU with gig ram and a gig HDD cheers nbsp

A:DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help

First of all a firmaware update is not a "driver". all optical drives use the windows native drivers and only MS updates that. I have never seen a firmware update as you describe open a command prompt window. if Pioneer actually uses this method then you will probably have to set the command prompt to the location of your drive. ie; type the locaion ( drive letter of the drive you are updating) if your pioneer is the D drive then you would type D:\ and then press enter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-rw-drive-firmware-update-help.52360/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to update but after some time it shows fail. firmware v 1.17 to improve touch pad

A:firmware v1.17 update failed plz help me

laptop model?which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/firmware-v1-17-update-failed-plz-help-me/td-p/427016/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All: Just purchased a LG GSA-4167B using a USB 2.0 connection via an USB 2.0 External Enclosure. The firmware version that came with the drive is version DL10. There are later firmware versions available, DL11, DL12 and DL13. I would like to update to the latest version, DL13. Can I do it by downloading the DL13 zip file and just unzipping it or will I have a problem because it is using a USB external connection. There are no instructions on the LG download site for a USB connected firmware update. Any insight would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Patrick

Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to update but after some time it shows fail. firmware v 1.17 to improve touch pad

A:firmware v1.17 update failed plz help me

laptop model?which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/firmware-v1-17-update-failed-plz-help-me/td-p/427016
Relevancy 51.6%

When I receive this drive will the Firmware have to be updated before use or, can that be done later on if needed? Thanks! SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

A:Firmware update question on ssd

Hi,

You can update the firmware before or after, I would suggest it would be better doing it before

This version improves write performance, which is version 1.0,
click on firmware to view (you may be up-to-date):

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/MZ-7TD120BW-downloads

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301539-firmware-update-question-ssd.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba Notebook with following internal DVD-RW drive: "TS L632D T004 Toshiba".

The problem is, this drive doesen't burn DVD+r DL without failures.
I made quite much attempts with 10 DL DVDs und five different burning suites, without success.
So I guess to fix this failure with a firmware update.

Can somebody tell me where I can get this update?

Best Regards,

A:Satellite X - Where to get firmware update?

Hi buddy,

Why should this issue related to the firmware?

In my opinion you should try removing the upper and lower filters in registry. Just follow this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

And firmware updates you can get from the Toshiba website.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?52649-Satellite-X-Where-to-get-firmware-update
Relevancy 51.6%

I see there's a firmware update out for the C50-30 with security updates noted in the changelog. Has anyone updated the firmware on a C50-30? Did it all go according to plan and the enclosed instructions? More importantly -- if it went wrong, how easy was it to recover?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/C50-30-SMMgate-firmware-update/td-p/3369769
Relevancy 51.6%

I know this might not be the place for this question but i have just downloaded a Firmware update for me modem but the files came in .rom and . bin and i am unfamiliar with these files how do i open them or with what do i open them with???

A:Firmware update for my modem

Your modem will open them. In the firmware update page, it will ask you to point to or upload the firmware file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189137-firmware-update-my-modem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey. I am wanting to update firmware for my dvd burner. I know it is a NEC DVD+-RW ND 3650, but after that i have no idea how (or even if I can) update its firmware. Any help would be great thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

please help me to find dvd ram uj8c2 firmware new version. Because l can't write any cd while i had upgraded to windows10.it's  shows power calibration error by nero softwear.my dvd ram current firmwear shows 1.00

A:dvd ram uj8c2 firmware update

I have the same problem. Does anyone know a solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/dvd-ram-uj8c2-firmware-update/td-p/5343215
Relevancy 51.6%

I did what it said to do in the instructions (I thought) and now my computer won't recognize the external backup. Here is the link to the enclosure.

http://www.startech.com/item/SAT352...ATA-External-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-w-RAID.aspx

How can I reflash the thing if I can't see it?

A:Firmware update problem

Try the external enclosure on another computer. Was the enclosure configured in a RAID configuration?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firmware-update-problem.142978/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, i bought this network attached storage drive from Maplin Dual SATA Network Enclosure : Network Enclosures : Maplin

I tryed updating the firmware and got some message in German about how if i updated the firmware the network connection would be lost. i clicked ok and now after rebooting my drive cannot access it. i have reset it and cannot try to update the firmware again as there is not USB Port on the drive to access it directly from the computer.

Anybody have any ideas on what to do??

A:Firmware update gone wrong

Newer BIOS chips have what is called a boot block sector. When flashing the BIOS this part is not flashed. Basically all it does is run the floppy drive, and if you are lucky you will also get basic video. I have re-flashed a "dead" BIOS with this. The MB was manufactured in 1998. The first attempt at flashing failed-nothing but beeps on restart. I downloaded the correct Bios update, made a new floppy to flash the BIOS and reran the flash program. There was nothing on the monitor, just a black screen, but I could hear the floppy drive being accessed. Follow the flash utility instructions and let it do its' thing. It took several long minutes, but it worked.

I'm providing this link below. Do not hold me or vistax64 responsible.
Wim's BIOS Page: BIOS Upgrades, Motherboard identification and more...

Finally, you can approach your manufacturer of your PC or bios to purchase a replacement.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/250937-firmware-update-gone-wrong.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I have problem that I couldn't start windows(Only in safe mode) I recently installed HDD firmware(Barracuda Green Firmware Update) My disk is st1500dl003-9vt16l AND i recently installed MYSQL "mysql-5.5.8-win32.msi" I think problem is with HDD update ? And I don't want to refresh PC because there is Imporant job on some programs left.

A:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA After HDD firmware update

Uninstall Mysql and see if that fixes your issue. if not, I suggest you contact Seagate support because they do warn that firmware upgrades can damage data on the hard drive if procedures are not properly followed. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28422-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-after-hdd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

For some reason the firmware for thunderbolt won't update on my p70. I've tried installing from a command prompt and using the installer. Either way it seems to work but the firmware version doesn't change. I have the hdmi cable connected to a monitor and have the thunderbolt software running. I've rebooted and tried again. I've booted into safe mode then rebooted and tried again. I've uninstalled the thunderbolt controller and tried again all to no avail. Ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-HDMI-Thunderbolt-Firmware-won-t-update/td-p/3381587
Relevancy 51.17%

I flashed my Toshiba slim-drive SD-C2502 DVD-ROM with the latest firmware from Dell's website.

After it didn't work and it gives me the IDE #1 error before booting to Windows XP. I know I can eject before the error message but after that, it just doesn't eject at all nor detected.

I tried flashing it again but there is no drive it can detect to flash it. From the past, it seems like no way but I was hoping I can force flash it perhaps?

Any other suggestions would be grateful.

A:DVD-ROM not detected after firmware update...is there HOPE?!

Heh. I hate to say it, but I think you're dead in the water. Up the river with no paddle so to speak. It sounds like you're going to have to replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rom-not-detected-after-firmware-update-is-there-hope.421018/
Relevancy 51.17%

HI!

I put in my IP address, and get to the modem. I believe there is a way to take my modem out of the mix and update the firmware on my Linksys router, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I called Linksys, but they want me to sign up for 90 day tech support, and I need to spend the $$ on a new router if the firmware update doesn't solve my problems! :-/

Can anyone help me?

I have a Motorola SB6141 modem and a Linksys EA6500 router.

Thank you!!

Relevancy 51.17%

gang I've been web-searching for updated firmware or a way to do it on Hitachi travelstar internal 2.5" hdd... I have one that is producing frequent read errors, but running chkdsk the drive is 'squeaky clean' from a surface standpoint. I was hoping I might update..... can't find a thing

this drive failed the HP builtin [BIOS] HD tests, short and long, and failed the HGST diags tests, short and long [though the SMART status was all rosey ] Specifically the tests point to read-access failures which produce a string of Windows 7 system 'critical' events since the OS timing is scrambled by fetches that return no response.

nagging in the back of my brain is an ugly scenario: what if the issue is with the Mboard component? what would clue me in that the drive interface is at issue ? disc is a lot more likely I agree but it just doesn't feel like an ordinary disk fail

A:Any way to update Hitachi Travelstar firmware?

Hi there .. The place to look for a firmware update should be the HP website .. Not sure that it will help much though

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301422-any-way-update-hitachi-travelstar-firmware.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,  I am interested in updating the firmware and bios to my LSI SAS1068 integrated on my xw8600.  I would like it to remain bootable and be used in a RAID 0 configuration.  Can you provide me with any insight as to which firmware files to use and where I could acquire them...  Also what is the original LSI name for this controller.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.  Best regards, Johny4.51

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Firmware-update-for-SAS1068-on-xw8600/td-p/5607782
Relevancy 51.17%

I took a firmware update downloaded from Windows Update. The machine shutdown and began flashing the bios. It then restarted and now does not boot at all. It does not even get to the BIOS. It simply restarts and goes to a black screen with no messages or failures. Is there  a way to flash the BIOS and/or Firmware from a USB key or DVD? Regards,J.M. Wiley

A:C40-05 Firmware Update Failed and Machine won't bo...

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  Are you sure you got a BIOS Update from Windows Update?  If you did, that is a scary thought.  Windows 10 is good for giving you OS and driver updates whether you want them or not. Giving a BIOS Update is kind of over stepping their bounds IMHO.

Have you tried this.....
1. Unplug the charger / adapter. 2. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds. 3. Plug in and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If that didn't correct the problem, can you access the BIOS Setup by repeatedly tapping the F1 key when you first power up the computer.  If you can access the BIOS Setup then your problem is most likely an operating system problem with a driver update Microsoft gave you. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/C40-05-Firmware-Update-Failed-and-Machine-won-t-boot/td-p/3305815
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a TB Seagate Barracuda ST DM - YN like the one shown on this firmware update page Barracuda TB disk platform Firmware Update Because i've been having problems waking from sleep mode I wanted to update the firmware on it from my version now CC B to its current version of CC D I downloaded its Why? update Firmware failed. Seagate HDD windows update utility and ran it Everything seemed ok it shut down windows restarted ran the updater Seagate HDD Firmware update failed. Why? then it said quot FAILED quot in big Seagate HDD Firmware update failed. Why? red letters then asked me to go back to Windows I did everything was ok nothing got messed up Why did it fail to update the firmware Was it because I didn't have CC C and it didn't want to skip from CC B to CC D Do I need to update to CC C first What should I do The update utility says that it cant be run on quot RAID Systems quot My system is capable of RAID but I dont have a raid setup i use ACHI Do I need to go into my BIOS and disable something that has to do with RAID As far as I know I have nothing enabled that has to do with RAID Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Seagate HDD Firmware update failed. Why?

I suspect that if your drive is not listed here: ALL FIRMWARE UPDATES - see here - Seagate Community Forums
Which I don't see, a firmware update is not needed nor compatible with the update.

Also read this: Does my drive need a firmware update?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225817-seagate-hdd-firmware-update-failed-why.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I tried to update my dvd rw, but this is what I get.

A:Unable to install the firmware update

Make sure that all other ATAPI devices are disconnected, if possible. If the drive is no longer under warranty, try the PS0B stock flash from CodeGuys. Using this patched version may invalidate any warranty.

But, what is the reason for the upgrade? They just as often as not lead to problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-the-firmware-update.831040/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello
Using dell inspiron 5448 with HDD 1 TB + SSD 8 GB, windows 10, 64 bit working fine.
Found the new Seagate fimware on the dell support as follows

Seagate ST500LM000/ST1000LM014 Firmware Update

File Name: Kahuna V_ZPE.exe
Importance: Recommended

Description: Hard-Drive (47.16 MB)
Release Date: 09 Nov 2016

Version: DEMM/DEMN ,A05
The installation failed on my laptop with an alarm box showing unable to identify the boot partition, please use the USB boot key or CD ISO image of this utility instead.
Confused since installation instruction said just download and it will be automatically installed.
Called Dell but the agent said nothing they could do.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:Seagate firmware update failed

I suggest you right click windows logo (or click yellow folder), click and expand 'File Explorer', 'This PC', and then check to see if Seagate update is either in your downloads or documents. If yes, I suggest you open the file and click 'Run As Administrator'.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997181
Relevancy 51.17%

Samsung has recently posted firmware update EXM03B6Q for the 850 Pro on the download site.
I was unable to update via Magician so downloaded the ISO and ran it from a USB drive.
I was one of the lucky ones who didn't update to EXM02B6Q in Feb of 2015 which was a total disaster.
The update worked without any problems and speeds have not changed at all.
There is also a PDF installation guide for those who like to read first.
Don't forget to image the SSD first just in case. I did not, however loose data but better safe than sorry.

Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402558-samsung-ssd-850-pro-firmware-update-finally-available.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, Need help where to download the latest firmware update for CD/DVD burner for my lenovo G470? Everytime i burn with my DVD a message box always pops up saying "The disc wasn't burn successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for your CD or DVD burner installed, an then try again." Thanks,Jeff 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Where-to-download-firmware-update-for-DVD-burner-for-lenovo-g470/td-p/3322129
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I am trying to update the firmware of my iriver T30. I am using the tool provided by iriver. I am able to delete the firmware from my T30 but I cannot install the new firmware on the T30. It just hangs, and I have to close the program after many hours, and kill the process on my PC and try again with no luck.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
Margarita

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iriver-t30-firmware-update-failed.636281/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi - I was able to solve connect issues by updating firmware on my wireless router - wifi weirdness

But now my printer is not available (to this or any other laptop/macbook on the network.

How do I install/re-install my brother 9840CDW to my little network here?

Help! I need it! Thanks

A:(Re-) Installing a printer after firmware update

Have you disabled your network then re-enabled it & Also reset your router ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59391-re-installing-printer-after-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I downloaded the firmware update for my CD/DVD writer. Burned it to a CD per the instructions and restarted the PC with the CD in. The PC restarts, reads the CD and then... nothing. No on-screen instructions, nothing.

The CD/DVD drive is bootable per the bios.

Any idea how to make this work?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have an ADATA S510 120gig SSD, i tried downloading the Firmware upgrade tool seen on this page

S510 SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive, Download, S510, 500 Series, Solid State Drive, Welcome to ADATA

I opened the tool and it didnt find my SSD drive. I then downloaded the file itself to try and manually install it but it is a "VIC" file, i dont even know how to open it.

Does anyone have experience with updating their firmware on these SSD drives? What am i doing wrong?
edit: after digging around on my machine i found that i have firmware 3.3.2 which is apparently the latest firmware out there right now (i didnt know that till i just found this info out, this machine is 2 weeks old)

A:Can't update firmware on ADATA S510 SSD

I started my PC with a Linux live DVD (Knoppix) because my ADATA S510 SSD Device is my boot device and device with OS (W7).
So I run the Linux version of the updater (you must be root!) and all worked fine!
But: please check the signature (for example 22739) - it has to be in the filename of the firmware update!
Good luck

PS: my drive was not 3.3.2....now it is! I hope my problems (bluescreen) are gone now!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221261-cant-update-firmware-adata-s510-ssd.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I would like to update the firmware of my SSD, INTEL SSDSC2CT120A3, but Google gives me results of Intel? SSD 330 Series. I don't know if my SSD model is Intel? SSD 330

A:INTEL SSDSC2CT120A3 firmware update

I would recommend you start here:
Download Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50515-intel-ssdsc2ct120a3-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%
Relevancy 51.17%

Good Morning All I've posted to this site a few times with excellent results and fantastic support from the members thanks so much for all your help Here's a new one My Crucial C has firmware needless to say I've been having some issues BSOD's etc So I download all the updates gt gt gt and Trying update C300... to on Crucial firmware follow the Update Guide to the letter All is good and fine until I have to set my machine to IDE in order to install the update BIOS SATA controller says quot AHCI or RAID quot no other options Cannot update the firmware NO drive detected Tried RAID just in case Nope I have a Dell XPS and have an ASUS U S as well but connected the SSD to the motherboard as the guide said to do tried all the ports - nope I've set aside the time and patience to Trying to update firmware on Crucial C300... update the firmware to as well as reconfigure some things with my system 'housekeeping' if you will How do I get my machine into IDE mode And then back into AHCI when the updates are finished Did I miss something in BIOS Thanks again

A:Trying to update firmware on Crucial C300...

Just a note of caution, I would recommend doing a full system image before updating the firmware especially since you are having issues.
I am not advocating updating the BIOS on the Dell, but have you checked Dell's website and the associated release notes for any/all Bios upgrades?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291897-trying-update-firmware-crucial-c300.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Last night I went ahead and took the plunge ... Updated the Firmware on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB (2.1.3 - Android 2.2.1).

My tablet still worked after the update. Slower than before though.

This morning I found out that I can't get online!

None of my four radio apps work (they all worked fine before).

Bible.is no longer works.

All three of my browsers no longer work.

Firmware Update doesn't work (can't connect to the Internet).

Wi-Fi shows that my Archos is connected to my Internet service. My son and I are both online with our computers, so there is nothing wrong with our Internet connection.

Looks like I have no choice now, but to reformat the Archos and start all over again (for the 4th time!!!!) .... That will be very time consuming, as I will have to download all of my many apps all over again, and then reload all of my files all over again ....

A:Android Firmware Update Problems ...

If your wireless network is encrypted, have you tried resetting the WPA key?

Just curious.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/android-firmware-update-problems.977688/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a -year-old D-Link DIR cheap router It used to put out a little DIR Solved: firmware 601 D-Link Update better than Mbps of the speed I get hard-wired Mbps Last week that was cut exactly in half Mbps after I made a few changes to the configuration which should have had nothing to do with the speed it delivers Questions Is there anything I can check in the router s config that might account for the drop in speed The firmware is and I understand is available but the site asks if I have model A or B I can find nothing on the labels about A or B Where would I find that I tried downloading the update for version A It s a zipped bin file which is not executable How does one apply Solved: Update firmware D-Link DIR 601 the update to the router The router has a reset button that resets it to factory settings Could that solve the speed problem or is it not worth trying nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi!

It took me almost one hour to find this firmware update for my ADSL modem so that's why I uploaded it to Skydrive and make it hopefully a little bit easier for you.

My modem kicked me of the web a few times every day and then it also had a "broken internet connection" so that there was a little yellow notification triangle on the network adapters icon even if the "internet providers" signal was ok it couldn't connect...

Any how, I updated the firmware and I have been running it for a few days now and no connection problems.

Here is the link and there is also a manual included (and in the comments you can see a really short description on how to update the firmware).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/telewell-tw-ea501-v3a-firmware-update.157042/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an E and update will - now Firmware ... Battery failed not Thinkpad NO problems ever with the laptop a great machine nbsp I ran some updates and the Lenovo update wanted to update the battery firmware there have never been any problems with my battery I have an extended battery but wanted to update as recommended nbsp - When I ran the update I got a the tool was unable to update the battery firmware due to an internal error and then it automatically rebooted nbsp - Battery Firmware update - failed and now will not ... Once it rebooted I now get a DOS warning on initial boot this system does not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo and I have to hit escape to continue - When it boots up I get a battery icon that shows either plugged in and charging with a RED X imbedded in the icon - The laptop does not recognize the battery nbsp Even though it was in good condition and had a charge when I first ran the firmware update the laptop will not operate without hte power plug attached - When I go to the power manager and the battery tab I get a battery was completely discharged and needs to be recharged verbiage- I have tried to re-run the firmware update from the update tool but to no success nbsp - I have tried to run the firmware update by downloading the install exe file and running from my desktop to no success - I have tried to do a system restore but it did not work - I have screen shots of the screens mentioned as needed nbsp Help nbsp I now have a small desktop that has a closeable lid nbsp It will not run if the power plug is disconnected nbsp nbsp Thank you nbsp Casey

A:Battery Firmware update - failed and now will not ...

I have the same issue.Waiting for the software update or workaround

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Battery-Firmware-update-failed-and-now-will-not-recognize-a-good/td-p/1235393
Relevancy 51.17%

Touch pad is not working also the update firmware v1.17 keeps on failing. Please help. Btw, I'm using Aspire E 14 E5-473-304W.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Touch-pad-is-not-working-also-the-update-firmware-v1-17-keeps-on/td-p/443992
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I've noticed a slow down in my Plextor PX-708A and thought that installing the latest firmware would a good idea.

The firmwares listed on the plextor site only listed for:

* PX-712A/SA/UF

* PX-708A2/UF2

* PX-708A/UF

* PX-504A/UF

http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_dvdrec.asp?choice=DVD-Recorders

As far as i am aware my drive is just a Plextor PX-708A drive.
What are the 708A/UF 708A/UF2 drives??? How do i know if my drive is one of these?

Matt.

A:Need to update firmware? Plextor PX-708A2/UF2??

Looking at this site:

http://www.plextor.be/products/dvd_recorders/px-708a.asp?choice=PX-708A

You'll find that the "A" model is the IDE internal drive, and the UF & UF2 models are external USB/Firewire drives.

However, following the link from PX-708A to firmware upgrades did not show a download for the "A" model, only for the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-update-firmware-plextor-px-708a2-uf2.288641/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I had no problems with the touchpad in my first two months of owning this computer. Recently when I try to use the touchpad, the cursor bounces all over the place and I have no control over it. This is espescially annoying when I am at work and need this to work correctly when I am gathering data in an excel doc. I noticed there was a 1.17 firmware update for the synaptics driver in the care center, but when I click to install it will run for a second and then say "failed". Just updated BIOS and every other driver I could think of but it makes no difference.

A:Touchpad firmware update VN7-592G

Hi ! Have you trying Unistalling the driver for the Touchpad? Must of the times unistalling the drivers and restarting your unit will actually fix the issue. If you access the Device Manager (Press Windows key +X)> Select Device Manager > Mice and other pointer device, Right Click> Unistall> Restart. Some updated on Windows sometimes will disable the proper Drivers for your unit. Hope this could help you!  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-firmware-update-VN7-592G/td-p/413929/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

i was trying to update my SONY DVD Drive fireware yesterday,
but it failed, i mean can't complete process.

After i reboot, theres no Drive display in MY COMPUTER &SYSYTEM Properties(Device Manager) and the DVD Drive's power bottom is not working too(can't eject/close)
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX???????????
THANKS

My DVD Drive
Sony DDU-1621 DVD-ROM 16X/48X

Relevancy 51.17%

This is a follow up in a way I had asked about the N-routers and how to get good reception in a large house Based on the responses and reviews of this router Linksys WRT GL I chose this one router to do the trick with the option of installing another one upstairs to increase coverage if needed The price of of these was cheaper than one N router or a router and repeater The Lisksys software is pretty lame I was able to get my computer hooked up fairly easily but my roommate could not get online which is more important as update WRT54GL for Linksys Firmware I am on the road all the time and he is stuck at home I Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL reset the router before I left so hopefully he can get himself hooked up before I get home in days The coverage seems great I get very good or excellent in all corners of the house I see things about installing a second party firmware to improve it further Any suggestions about which firmware and details about how to update and use this firmware Thanks nbsp

A:Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL

You need to find out why your roomate can not connect. Is it becasue of bad coverage? But, you said the coverage is great. If it is a secure network and your roomate is using the correct password/key, and if the coverage is great, then some setting issue must be dealt with in the roomate's computer.

Why do you need third party firmware for your router? That may not solve your roomate's problem, becasue as I said, it could be in roomate's computer. I have heard using third party firmware on Linksys gives much more features. One of them is to increase the power out of the router. But, again, all those feature may not help you with the problme that your have.

First do this on your computer, then on roomate's:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

{credit johnw}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-for-linksys-wrt54gl.593865/
Relevancy 50.74%

every time i started my loptop computer, a message "backupManagertray: The TCP/IP protocol is not installed properly". i can connect to the internet using the namoroka firefox, but the mozilla cant connect to the net. even my antivirus cant connect/update too. anyone can help me fixing this.

A:TCP/IP not properly installed

Hello,

Are you using the backup manager for backing up? If not I would just disable the backup manager from startup which should stop the error.

It would be worth looking in your event logs to see if there are any TCP/IP errors in the System event log (Just to be safe). If there isnt then it should be fine.

If you are still having a problem after disabling the backup manager post an ipconfig /all (Start>Run>Type 'cmd'>In the command prompt type 'ipconfig /all'.

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215423-tcp-ip-not-properly-installed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have the LG model GH NS CD DVD disk drive installed on my computer Winxp Pro OS I contacted LG to get the latest Firmware Update File and was provided with the correct one to install When I tried to install it A zip file it keeps coming up with the error message quot Can t Find The Target Drive quot and I have to exit the installation I checked this problem out on the internet and apparently a lot of people are experiencing the same problem I could find no solution among the offerings I contacted LG tech support which LG Solved: CD/DVD Drive Firmware update error? after the incredible luck of having connected with a tech support person the first time I spent two days without being able to do so again They have a quot Chat quot offering which is utterly useless as it keeps saying the person I need to speak to is out of the office and repeatedly gives an utterly useless phone number to call I held on Solved: LG CD/DVD Drive Firmware update error? for minutes listening to a recording of how important my business is to them and no one ever answered Was then given a second number with the same result I would NEVER buy another LG product Does anyone know what the solution is to the Firmware installation problem is I am wondering if burning the update file to a dvd and trying to install it from the drive thinking it surely it will find the target drive since the software is being installed from it I don t want to risk it lest it cause the now working drive to not work at all Although the drive is working it seems to be very slow to respond and the task manager often pops up saying the drive is quot Not Responding quot Any suggestions or sound advice would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I would like to update a D-link DIR-655 router firmware
I downloaded an update that is a zip file that contains
a single *,bin file. How do I update this router with this
file? I would like to also install program called sharepoint
so I can share drive on a USB port that is on that router.
Any suggestions on how to update this router and use
a put a network drive on a USB on this router? First I need to
know how to use the bin file.
Thank you,

Relevancy 50.74%

I would like to turn on the wireless capability on my Actiontec GT701-WG, but the firmware is old and the tutorial on CenturyLink's website looks nothing like the set-up page I get. I'm nervous about updating the firmware - I'm not very tech savvy. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Or should I just order a new, up-to-date modem?

Thank you!

Melanie

Relevancy 50.74%

I tried installing the following from the dell website “Firmware Flash for HLDS GCE-8400B HH 40X CDRW Version A02”
The download created a bootable floppy. When I tried to install, the installation went to about 75% then froze. After re-starting the computer, I get the following black screen:

Secondary hard disc drive 0 not found
Secondary hard disc drive 1 not found
F1 to continue
F2 setup

F1 boots the computer, slowly, and after booting, the cdrw is not recognized at all in my computer

All other discs and drives are recognized

Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Relevancy 50.74%

I have seen the new BIOS update in service station. It will download, but fails to install & gives no indication why. I also tried downloading the manual firmware package, but the installer isn't in English so I can't (safely) see what I'm doing.

I'm also a bit frustrated that there doesn't seem to be a readme that tells us what the new features / bugfixes are!

I am using windows 10. I have disabled all anti-malware but this has made no difference.

Any help very gratefully received!

Cdonkey

A:Click-Mini L9W-B - firmware v5.0 update not working?

Originally Posted by cdonkey

I have seen the new BIOS update in service station. It will download, but fails to install & gives no indication why. I also tried downloading the manual firmware package, but the installer isn't in English so I can't (safely) see what I'm doing.

I'm also a bit frustrated that there doesn't seem to be a readme that tells us what the new features / bugfixes are!

I am using windows 10. I have disabled all anti-malware but this has made no difference.

Any help very gratefully received!

Cdonkey

I have the same issue going on. I had already performed the upgrade to Windows 10 when I noticed the New Bios update from August 6th posted while looking for driver updates.. I'm wondering if it's just an incompatibility with Win10?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84057-Click-Mini-L9W-B-firmware-v5-0-update-not-working
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello.
I have been having a problem updating the firmware on my TRENDnet TEW-432BRP wireless router. When I try to update the firmware by going to the device webpage, I click on 'firmware' and click 'browse' to select the firmware file, the internet browser freezes and crashes. Any Ideas?
Thanks.

A:Solved: Router firmware update problem

Doesn't make much sense to me; as soon as you click on 'browse' it really has nothing to do with the router I think.

With your browser if you do File - Open File... - do you get the same crash? If yes you have some general browser problem. If you don't crash this way I have no idea what's going wrong, and would try a different browser.

FWIW I am using the same router and, at the moment, Firefox 10.0 in Windows XP SP3 and have no issues with 'browse' for a file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-firmware-update-problem.1039576/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm setting up a new X1 Carbon with machine type 20FB. It came with a Samsung MZNTY256HDHP SSD. I noted there was a recent SSD firmware update package for this laptop model, so I downloaded and ran the updater. It reported there were no updates. However, after digging a bit deeper, I discovered that the SSD firmware updater for the X1 Carbon 20A7/20A8/etc. DOES have an update for the SSD in this machine. What is going on here? Does this firmware update somehow only apply when the SSD is installed in a 20A7? Or did this particular model of SSD just get missed when Lenovo was putting together the firmware update package for the 20FB?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Missing-SSD-firmware-update-for-X1-Carbon-20FB/td-p/3485035
Relevancy 50.74%

friends I'm installing a fresh samsung 840 120gb. i thought i could put the ssd on sata 1 [not zero] and get firmware via magician on my windows 8 lab mule. no dice. apparently magician ONLY wants to see the ssd on sata zero. it can pull up the drive, but none of the controls work.
soooo... I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with the drive 'as is' to install 7 on a notebook, then as first order of business go pickup the firmware update and execute it.

will this result in sub-par arrangement? best I can tell the fw update is non-destructive.
is there another way?

A:samsung ssd: will firmware update harm anything? magician no use.

friends i have a new samsung 840 to replace a failing drive in a hp notebook.
i wanted to update the samsung firmware first, then do the install of windows 7 x64 but using the samsung so-called Magician, trying the drive on sata 1 [instead of 0] it still cannot properly register the drive. all I get is the SMART info - everything else is neutered. illogical... how does samsung want to update firmware? AFTER the os is installed?
a little guidance would sure be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302312-samsung-ssd-will-firmware-update-harm-anything-magician-no-use.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The download page for this update is up since a few days but there is no download available: http://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e555/do... And when you switch to another language like German or French the older version 1.14 is offered as downlaod. These bugs in your driver download section happen a lot, please fix them!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-Battery-Firmware-Update-Utility-1-16-no-download/td-p/3332626
Relevancy 50.74%

The Thunderbolt firmware update to correct HDMI issues for the P70 is now available in the Support section:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-P-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-P70...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-HDMI-Thunderbolt-Firmware-Update-is-now-available/td-p/3332091
Relevancy 50.74%

in case of Windows 10 clean install there is probably need for H5321 gw firmware update before Windows 10 driver installation. Where can i find that ?( without firmware update H5321 gw will just not work )

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:T430 H5321 gw firmware update for Windows 10

Hello and welcome,

Is this what you're looking for?  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x23...

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T430-H5321-gw-firmware-update-for-Windows-10/td-p/2155854
Relevancy 50.74%

When I run the "Update" app on "Lenovo Companion" it tells me I need this and then appears to go through the whole installation process followed by a reboot. But then when I run the "Update" app again it tells me I still need to install it, as if it never happened. I went to the Lenovo support page to try to install it from there but I have the same problem, in that after rebooting and running the "Update" feature it tells me I still need to install it. Any ideas? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Can-t-update-Intel-Management-Engine-11-0-Firmware-on-P70/td-p/3462075
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,I am having this error message on my hp dc7800.2210 - parameters frame errorme bios extension module execution has haltedupdate bios or management engine firmware if problem persists.2206 - end of post heci failuresystem halted. power cycle the system to reboot. now how can i update bios from usb

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/bios-update-and-management-engine-firmware/td-p/5671344
Relevancy 50.74%

First off, why is there no forum for server/network related topics? Anyway... Does anyone know where I can download the firmware and the update utility for HP VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module. All documentation I can find, including documents sent to me by HP themselves in the last week, say I should go to http://www.hp.com/support/vcHowever that page no longer exists.Where should I be going now? Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Firmware-and-update-utility-for-HP-VC-FlexFabric-10Gb-24/td-p/5631935
Relevancy 50.74%

This is the wording on a Pioneer website notice for their DVD drive/burners:

Quote:"Anyone who owns or uses any of the above-listed products should conduct the free firmware update immediately, prior to using the new high-speed media."

Heres the link:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/hs/pioneer.html

Relevancy 50.74%

This computer came with a Blu Ray disc player BDDVDRW CH30L BC56. So far it has operated well but I recently purchased an SHM SACD the drive does not recognize the disc at all. Is there a firmware update or same way to get the drive to recognize the disc.The drive recognizes all other discs including regular SACD's but not the SHM SACD. I have tried several different software media solutions (Foobar, J River, Korg) that recognize DSD files and SACD's as well but when checking the drive itself in a "my PC" settings it does not show up as recognizing the disc at all. All software players say the drive is empty.Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am able to play the SHM SACD on my Sony Blu Ray Player but want to be able to play the disc in my office on my computer as well.

A:BDDVDRW CH30L BC56 firmware update

Hi @rainwolf127, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I see you are having issues with your SHM-SACD format CD playing correctly. This is not a supported format.Please note that SHM-SACDs are fully compatible with regular SACD players, but they do not play on standard CD players. If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BDDVDRW-CH30L-BC56-firmware-update/td-p/5602707