Windows Support Forum

How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

Q: How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

Hey I just had a quick question I have a LG CH LS Blu ray drive and I have been having glitches with some Blu Rays namely Terminator Salvation and The Dark Knight they run choppy firmware a installed you properly? if know do actually update How and stutter All of my other Blu Rays run fine How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly? Anyway the software that came with the Blu Ray How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly? Drive came with How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly? the LG Tool Kit When I first got the drive I used it to auto look for firmware updates It found one update to make the drive compatible with Windows It says that the update was successful but I m unsure whether that s the case or not as I can t find out where to find out which firmware I have right now So I have tried everything to fix the stuttering issue with the two Blu Rays I ve updated Java upgraded the Blu Ray playing software updated graphics drivers switched off tons of start up programs and still Terminator Salvation and The Dark Knight stutter It doesn t make sense because TS spikes at percent CPU usage all the time and is percent So should I just go to the LG website and manually download the firmware update Or will that damage my drive Compaq Presario Intel Celeron D GHz Windows Vista Basic SP GB Ram GB Hard Drive Nvidia BFG GeForce GT GB PCI-E Driver BFG Watt Power Supply Samsung p Monitor digital driver X BD-ROM LG Ultra BLue Alhena Motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do you know if a firmware update actually installed properly?

Nero Info Tool should tell you the drive's firmware:
You can also run that same firmware update utility and I think it tells you if the firmware versions and if there's a newer version.

You can try the WinDVD trial:

You have a weak CPU and that may be the problem.
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap
Relevancy 23.22%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.
Relevancy 17.2%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys
I'm not so clued up about how to use forums but I tried looking for similar problem here for a solution but nothing.
every time I plug on a new USB flash/external HDD or mobile phone it gives me a message "device was unsuccessfully installed" now I cant access any removable device. yet all my old devices still work.

Please help!!!

A:Unsucessfully installed usb devices win 7 64 bit

Hello there,
Have you tried to update your USB Host controller drivers? If updating doesn't work reinstall them.

Hope that helps.
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,

EEPROM is a hardware piece that the BIOS (which is a code) is inside it. What about some piece named firmware? Is there any independent device named firmware in PC? If so, what does it do?

A:EEPROM, BIOS & firmware

A firmware is a structure code, embedded and instructed written languages that is designed by programmer to communicate with devices attached to the particular device. Most especially of our input devices has firmware inside talk of mouse, keyboard, flash drive e.t.c
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?
Relevancy 26.66%

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

A:Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address =
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address -

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)
Relevancy 18.06%

Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!!!! My name is John. I am trying to find some help with an issue that arose after I installed a new hard drive in my computer. I started getting a message that stated:

C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Conduit\API Support\API Support.dll

Anyone know how I can repair this? I saved an image of my system before installing the new hard drive and then just downloaded the image to the new hard drive. HELP!!! please!!

A:Installed new hard drive

You might just need to run some registry cleaners to fix and remove those corrupt registry keys.
Relevancy 26.66%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!
Relevancy 23.22%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver
Relevancy 26.66%

So the issue is that the hdd appears in my computer but only as a local disk, it doesn't show any used space like it should normally and when I access it it says the folder is empty.

I've tried that disk management and changed volume letter two times to no effect and I've also tried to go in device manager and delete the usb mass storage driver and it had no problem reinstalling it again but to no effect.

I was wondering if it would help with a quick format but that would mean losing 1tb of stuff I have there... is there anyway I can get it to work without having to lose anything ??

A:External hdd not reading properly

What is the actual size of the drive you're trying to access?
If it's over 2.2 Tb the BIOS will not be able to access it!
see my post over -here-
Relevancy 23.22%

Is this the right Forum I have an older Compaq nc with a failing Fujitsu G HD that I decided to replace with a SSD PATA IDE drive Transcend TS GSD GB IDE Hardware Agere Systems AC Modem Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Intel R Ultra ATA Storage Controler - CA HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- N DVD Drive ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series Display Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection O Micro OZ M MemoryCardBus Controller Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Started machine with OS recovery disk to load windows XP Loaded SP and all drivers Computer seemed SSD Hard Drive installed OK at first Then every time it is started up Windows loads up SSD Hard Drive installed to the background and stalls It takes another minutes or so to get the task bar and systray Also after a minute or so a window opens to tell me that a driver for some hardware has successfully loaded but the list of the hardware is blank Then the CPU maxes out the fan starts and the machine slows way down When I look at processes in Task Manager there is a svchost that is using of the CPU cycles When I kill this svchost process the machine runs much more in line with what I expected What do I do to fix it I need for this computer to run with the SSD drive nbsp

A:SSD Hard Drive installed

Is the SSD seen by the bios? The OS recovery disk is in a CD drive?
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Toshiba satellite P t and it s my first laptop ever and I ve had it for months I have no idea what to do but here is my problem After a few months of owning my laptop top a tiny drop of my daughters bubbles dropped onto my keyboard I didn t think anything of it because My not properly working are keys the drop was so small Next thing you know my keyboard had stopped functionally properly I don t know how to clean the keyboard nothing so I left My keys are not working properly the laptop alone for the rest of the night and it worked the next day except some keys that barely or don t work at all Now some of my keys are acting crazy Everytime I press quot o quot or quot u quot it types quot uo quot when I press quot J or quot quot it types quot J quot and when I press quot quot or quot quot it types quot quot As far as they keys that don t work they are important but I have touch screen with the touch screen keyboard I m using now I just want to use my keyboard again The keys that don t work are quot F quot -F quot my right and up arrow keys my caps lock when I use caps lock all the keys get crazy and the touch screen as well my escape button has its good days and bad the delete button and that s all I can remember and know about at this point What is wrong how do I fix it or should I just use my warranty and get a new one I have a year warranty and they claim it covers EVERYTHING for the year nbsp

A:My keys are not working properly

Personally, if the warranty covers "everything", I'd go that route so I wouldn't VOID the warranty.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys I ve recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC It s a GB quot drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got The drive works great BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying drive, hard boot new get message Installed on message every time I boot my machine It s some sort of copyright disclaimer It says the brand of the HDD Hitachi and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that It says copyright jmicron com and then quot Hit enter to continue quot The message is displayed maybe for seconds and it disappears on its own so no need to press enter Pressing enter will get rid of it faster So yes Installed new hard drive, get message on boot it s not an error but it s annoying and it adds to Installed new hard drive, get message on boot my boot time I m assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn t relevant nor is it the message but if it is let me know and I ll post that information I m not near my PC at the moment Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I Installed new hard drive, get message on boot could change to get rid of this Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM Mhz GB Samsung SSD Main drive additional HDDs GB GB and GB ATI Radeon HD GB W Power Supply W nbsp

A:Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:
Relevancy 33.11%

There is a post here about the good old ADAPTEC 1205SA card. But the links in the article do not work. No difference between 1205 and 1210? I know 1210SA is an old card. But on the website of silicon image, chipset 3112 (3112A) has support for windows 7 64bit. I've tried the update utility provided by silicon image site. Be DOS mode, so is Windows. Does not recognize the card as being from Silicon Image. Looking at the card, I saw that the chipset BIOS supports. AM29LV010B-90EC. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of that? What right utility to use? Or if there is a 64-bit driver that works on that card? Thank you.

A:Adaptec 1210SA firmware Silicon Image?

Does anyone know?
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

A:Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.
Relevancy 26.66%

Basically my computer internet keeps continually dying and I have to restart it [computer] to get it working again. Every other computer's wifi connection is fine except mine. I troubleshooted and I got this message:

I then went into my device manager and it said there also that my wifi adapter was not working properly.
Curious what could be causing this? Is my wifi going bad? Virus? I stayed at a hotel and connected to their unsecure wifi two nights ago if that means anything. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

And on a side note, I started to get this message at least two months ago every time I turned my computer on. Not sure if it's related but:

A:WiFi adapter not working properly

"I stayed at a hotel and connected to their unsecured wifi two nights ago if that means anything. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!" Have you run any anti-virus/malware scans?
Relevancy 23.22%

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.
Relevancy 33.54%

Not sure if posting in the right place, but hope someone can help. I have a dlink dsl 2780 and a huawei hg533, I am wanting to put custom firmware on them both but not sure which one is best. after looking about I am all most sure they have broadcom chipsets in them. which dd-wrt says it will work on most broadcoms and also something called tomato. or will I be better using something else. thank you to anyone who offers advice.

A:Custom router firmware

Check the ddwrt compatibility list. If your router(s) are on that, then use ddwrt. I've ran it on 2 routers and been very pleased.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello hi im lili b any my toupad isnt working right the dang strolling up or down wont work and I cant fix it I have an hp pavilion dv4 1435dx could someone help mi find the orrect driver that could fix it

A:Laptop touchpad is not working properly

You should find the drivers you need here. Click on next By the windows 7 64 bit box.
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop computer that the power supply recently went on so I replaced it and now the computer is not recognizing the CD/DVD drives?

When I first installed it and powered the computer on it said I had a Floppy Diskette Seek Failure . I don't have any floppy drives installed so I disabled it through the BIOS and now I noticed the drives aren't working . I have two drives installed one to play dvds and burn cds and the other is a dvd burner . Both of the drives power up and you can hear the disk spinning but nothing happens and the computer doest show I have them?

A:Installed New Power Supply / CD Drives not recognized

The old PSU may have taken out the motherboard when it fried - fairly common, especially with the cheap O.E.M. units used by Dell. Also, some Dell boards are proprietary, which means the connectors may not be standard ATX - Check the pinout on the 24 pin ATX connector to make sure it matches on both PSUs.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,I when I connect the usb nano receiver of my mouse in one of the front ports of my cabinet it works fine,but when I put the nano receiver in one of the back ports ,the mouse lags!
Any solution?
Thanks in advance
Relevancy 18.06%

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?

A:How to update BIOS

astar master said:

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?Click to expand...

please post the brand/model of your motherboard... I.e.: ecsg41-tm; intel dh55tc; asrock z77 extreme4
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello first all my native language is Dutch so sorry for any strange sentences I SSD firmware Updating Micron have problems with my computer Every hour roughly my computer freezes or restarts Every now and then I get a blue screen F When I get a blue screen my SSD is gone from Updating firmware Micron SSD the bios I get an error when starting up So I have to reset my bios to default standards where my SSD turns up again I read through the internet and saw that micron SSD s have problems which looks like mine I have a C -MTFDDAK MAM There is an update for the firmware but im unsure which one to install I tried Micron H SSDFirmwareUpdate Signed exe but that is a wrong one apparently cause I get an error when trying to update When starting up it says that GRLDR MBR cannot be found Luckily my pc still starts up but no update is done Im afraid to just try any other one I also read something about disabling Marvel raid and unplugging the other harddrive but my technical expertise is not that high I dont have raid Can someone help me please Thanks in advance Martin nbsp

A:Updating firmware Micron SSD

Ok first stupid mistake made. I started the updater from my data disk and not the SSD.

It did do "something" but at the end it said there was no SSD to upgrade...

What now?
Relevancy 20.21%

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...
Relevancy 18.06%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..

A:Bios update help

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.
Relevancy 22.36%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.
Relevancy 18.06%

Hellow guys again ,, hello the best website ever !!!
I jus wanna ask about something ,, Earlier I mentioned something about upgrading my processor to core 2 duo ,, now ive done that but when ever I start my computer ,, this msg shows up !
""" 1801 - microcode update Error
Missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett-packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping """
Any help ?
HP compaq dx7300 microtower is my pc and Intel core 2 duo E4500 @2.20GHz is the new processor.
Many thanks in advance

A:Microcode update Error ?

Have you tried contacting HP concerning it?
Relevancy 17.2%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.
Relevancy 26.66%

Good morning Techos!

I was wondering if you guys could lend some help at me regarding the HP g61 laptop.

1. When the pc boots, there are hang ups I experience:
a. At start, I just see a black screen with a small underscore character in the top-left,
b. Starts, sees Hp logo, then boots, and hangs up at windows 7 logo with "Starting Windows" caption.
c. Tests, Start-up tests, run-test, hdd test and memory test in the hardware test but hangs in either of them two.
d. Boots up, sees "Windows Error Recovery Screen" page, and hangs (hangs at 30 sec countdown)

2. I am suspecting that the processor is somewhat damaged already, because I tested the HDD and RAM on my other laptop, it works just fine. Please advise if there are ideas that springs up on your mind. It will be a waste if it will not be resolved. Thank you Techos!!

A:HP G61 laptop doesn't boot properly

Is this a new laptop still under warranty or not?
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all I recently assembled a computer and all checks out fine except for the video card in my system information I ordered an N GTX PCI Express Graphics Card and when I try launching games my graphics card is instead displayed as an NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce a I tried some of the other tips I ve found when browsing through this site such as disabling the display adapter I have under the Device Manager but to no avail I also went into my BIOS and all I could find that pertained to my problem card Video properly? not displaying was the quot Primary Graphics Adapter quot which is set to quot PCI Express quot I m not sure if there was another option I was supposed to change but to my knowledge I couldn t find anything else I even went as far as taking my computer apart to check if It was plugged in correctly and to my knowledge it is One thing I do not understand is that the box my graphics card came in says it has dual fans and instead the one in my computer only has a single fan I m not sure if I was a victim of fraud or if I just wasn t doing something Video card not displaying properly? right If anyone could offer me any tips to solve this annoying issue I would appreciate it Thank you EDIT Sorry Missed a spot Before anyone asks yes I did update my drivers on the NVIDIA website I still haven t received any visual changes or notifications on the matter nbsp

A:Video card not displaying properly?

nForce is the chipset on AMD mobos. Is this correct? It could just be using the APU instead of the GPU.
Relevancy 27.09%

So I'm a pretty hardcore gamer , and I've had this laptop for a year now. I play alot of MMOs so I press the W alot , well lately ive been experiencing issues with it whereas it'll work intermittently . Somtimes it does nothing even after a few presses and other when it DOES work it duplicates Ws . So I popped off the W key , and found some lent inside the key and I also reinstalled the keyboard driver to no avail. I pressed the exposed key button without the W on it and its still responding ONLY partially . Problem still persists , any solutions? Any help is appreciated.

Window 7 x 64 Home Premium Toshiba Satellite C655-S5540

A:Key not working properly

Your best option is to get a replacement keyboard.

Should not be too hard to find and are usually very easy to fit.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced
Relevancy 26.66%

I How clean motherboard? to properly a have just recently acquired an How to properly clean a motherboard? Acer Aspire X desktop When I first powered it up it proceeded normally except for a hard drive problem Switched to a known good hard drive and then no power I seriously doubted a power supply failure that quick but was very concerned about the condition of the motherboard It looked as if I had been subjected to a roach infested area and this has left some serious quot grungy quot looking areas all over I unplugged the connections from the power supply to the motherboard and blew them out with compressed air Then the computer powered up but I have no video The computer would be worth the time and effort to see if a good thorough cleaning would fix it but after reading several posts regarding how others have approached cleaning How to properly clean a motherboard? the motherboard has left me still looking for the proper way to proceed I have read where hard bristle paint brushes have been used sometimes cut at an angle to help reach the hard places I even think a toothbrush could also How to properly clean a motherboard? be used The main question is to what to use as a cleaner I thought about some type of electrical contact cleaner but not many people mentioned that Most posts suggested the use of alcohol rubbing alcohol I think and even one suggested using de-mineralized water which I don t think would be wise in my circumstances On e-bay I saw a quot Misty contact and circuit board cleaner quot but I can t seem to find any reviews for it anywhere I have an air compressor to use as a finishing touch to blow out the final debris but would anyone have any advice as to the best cleaning agent to use for the best results I would greatly appreciate advice on this especially where someone has used a specific cleaner having good results Thanks in advance for any responses nbsp

A:How to properly clean a motherboard?

Electrical contact cleaner is the safest, most convenient, and will likely produce the best result. Since it is liquid under pressure it will lift the encrusted dust/dirt without generating static electricity (whereas a brush and/or vacuum will- dry dust particles moving against each other). You may need more than one application, and I'd suggest removing the board from the chassis first (observing safe electrostatic safety measures like grounding yourself first by touching any bare metal portion of the chassis while the power cord is plugged into the wall socket, but the machine powered OFF). You may need to basically drench the board - blast through the CPU heatsink fins while your at it. The stuff evaporates pretty quickly. Remember to use in a well ventilated area.
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello techspot, Basically I think ineed to update my BIOS in order to run call of duty black ops 2, but I Don't know.

Basically when I try to run the game, my pc freeze's then shuts down and says no signal detected, I've been looking all over the inet to try find a solution and came across a forum where people were having the same problem. (They're all using AMD) Alot of the people there said they contacted there motherboard supplier's and asked for a flash drive update or something? to update their BIOS. After doing this they said the game started to work.
Please help.

my motherboard is a N68-VS3 FX, If someone could link me to the correct update for it that would be grand. im on windows 7 if that helps

P.S , Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section

A:BIOS update? FX
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone I have recently bought a laptop samsung R Specs AMD Phenom II x N gb ram DDR gb 6GB RAM N970, Samsung R525 installed, laptop 1.5GB of usable HDD gb dedicated Radeon M Radeon onboard win x You can also look here So all is prefect in this rig except phys memory in system properties it says gb installed and usable There are two slots one has in it gb of ram another- gb It looks like only gb s stick is used because is usable other mb are shared with onboard gpu Where are the other gb is Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable a mystery Resource monitor shows gb reserved by hardware but BIOS sees all installed Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable as well as memtest I actually tried everything reinstall ram didnt Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable swap though looked at system config where it was unchecked in memory section pagefile is okay system is x BIOS doesnt have mem remap feature but it s a modern BIOS so I guess it s enabled per default So I m kinda lost and I want customer support contacted as a last resort What should I do update BIOS or try to change those sticks but then they ll be turned by side will it work I searched hell a lot on that ram topic but nothing was helpful Thank you and looking forward for your advices nbsp

A:Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable

Type msinfo32 in Run Command, what does it show?
Relevancy 18.06%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?
Relevancy 26.66%

I have made sure the wireless is turned on and no errors are shown in the device manager but my wireless wont pick up any network connections... any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Wireless not properly working...

what OS?
what router?
did this ever work on this system?
Relevancy 22.79%

I've just recently bought brand new parts to build a desktop and everything was running smoothly until I installed the video card. The monitor wouldn't display anything anymore. After removing the video card, everything worked perfectly again. However, when the video card was plugged in, the fans were running but the monitor was still not displaying anything. Could this be an issue with the mobo, videocard, psu, or monitor?

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI Bios

Video Card: MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon 7950

PSU: Corsair 750watts Bronze plus

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Processor: Intel i7 2600k

Monitor: ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers

A:Monitor not displaying anything with graphics card installed

Did you disable onboard video? sometimes if you use the mobo's video output it gets confuzzled when you switch to a dedicated GPU. also are you plugging everything in correctly? have you updated drivers?
Relevancy 23.22%

Soooooo, my hard disk crashed before I did a backup, I have no recovery disks, toshiba doesnt ship to afghanistan, I bought a SSD drive, I bought Win 7 64 bit. Before this I tried to recover files by any means necessary, to no avail it dleted all my files and drivers. I installed win 7 and realized I had no drivers. From the Toshiba website I installed all drivers for my model L655D-5066. Everything works except the sound. I click on the speakers fron the device manager and win tells me all the drivers are up to date. The driver installed for sound is conexant smart audio hd 4.119 something. The driver for the speakers is windows 6.1. something; it will not let me use the conexant or anything else. What do I have to or need to do?

This is what I see...

A:Installed drivers but no sound

Not sure if I can help, but will take a look...

List any Problem devices

Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I've searched google all over, tried various things but nothing seems to change it

Using Win7 x64, PC Spec:

Intel i7 920
Asus Rampage Genisis 2
I have 3 x 2GB Corsair, (6GB) installed in slot A1, B1 and C1.

Windows only seems to pick up on 4GB however I do have 6GB installed.
I ran CPU-Z to scan my system and it picked up all 3 sticks, they're just not being used for some reason.

Any help greatly appreciated, I have moved the sticks around, reseated them and my CPU (no bent pins) so i'm pretty confident it is either a win7 64 bit issue, maybe a setting somewhere or BIOS settings. Note that I do not have Memory Remapping in my BIOS, is there an alternative?

A:RAM 4GB used 6GB installed

Has Windows ever picked up 6GB? If not then maybe one of the sticks if faulty?

I had the exact same issue as you, one day Windows was randomly missing a 2GB stick but CPU-Z was showing everything there. I took all the RAM sticks out, blew them with compressed air and it worked.
Relevancy 22.79%

I just installed a firewire card into my first PCI slot The monitor would not turn on I removed the firewire card and the monitor worked I put the firewire card back in and removed Monitor not card graphics while working installed the PCIx Graphics Card The monitor worked I m running without a graphics card in the PCIx slot at this point I m just running my monitor through the onboard graphics card So far I Monitor not working while graphics card installed ve -installed the drivers for the firewire port -Upgraded the power supply to w from w -I ve messed around in BIOS but I m not exactly sure what I m looking for The system -ASUS CM Purchased in from Best Buy -The graphics card came with the computer but I dont have the specs on it I know it s NVIDIA GEFORCE but I m not sure what model exactly Nothing super fancy GT if I had to guess -The firewire card is a port Dynex card I can t seem to figure this out but I d like to be able to run my Graphics card while my firewire card is connected Also planning on adding another TV tuner card into the nd PCI slot Pleae Help nbsp

A:Monitor not working while graphics card installed

dont quote me on this, but perhaps the PSU cant supply enough power for both cards?
Relevancy 18.06%

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

A:Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.
Relevancy 17.63%

I'm trying to update the drivers on my Radeon x600 256MB graphics card with Windows XP 32 bit.

I downloaded the following file described as the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.2 (XP): download-euro <dot> oldapps <dot> com/ATI/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

On running this download, it has installed Catalyst Install Manager in C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin, but I have no idea what I need to do next!

Running Install Manager and following the steps through seems to do something, though looking at device manager, it doesn't look as though the driver has been updated (it's still version

Thanks in advance

A:Radeon x600 XP driver update

Try the WDM Integrated Driver here :
Relevancy 23.65%

Just a quick question im new to builds.

o- Do you actually need a cpu installed to power up the psu and power switch or can you start it up without one.

A:Power up without CPU installed?

You can fire up the PSU without a motherboard or anything else by simply shorting the green wire to any of the black wires with a paperclip or similar piece of metal.

A motherboard should not work without a CPU brain, so I'm not sure what you could gain by turning on the board without a CPU.
Relevancy 23.22%

ok before i tried installing it i went to device manager disabled and uninstalled my onboard vedio card. then i installed the new graphic card but i get no signal VGA trough DVI... then i went back to my onboard graphics card with the new Graphics card still in VGA TO VGA and still get no signal.. But when i removed the New Graphics card. and plug in VGA to VGA to my onboards graphics i get a signal?

A:Installed graphic card no signal?

Do you have more than one port on the graphics card?
If so have you checked all ports for a signal?
Relevancy 20.21%

Thank s to Broni I will not HP not "Printer Officejet is.." print installed/services that Windows needs just shook a nasty Trojan virus However now that s all taken care of -the printer is not working The printer is a HP Officejet J All-in-One It prints scans and is a fax machine When I go on Microsoft Word and type in quot testing quot on a document and hit print the printer will print my sheet out no problems However if I try to print a picture or pdf file this HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.." error message pops up For Pictures Print Picutures Error quot This picture can t be printed because no printer is installed or a service that Windows needs is not running quot --- Ok quot Click to expand For Pdf files Adobe Reader quot Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer quot -- Ok quot Click to expand I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer s hardware Made sure the printer s spooler is working that was an issue once a couple months ago Set the printer as the quot Default quot and made sure everything is plugged in correctly Like I said it will print perfectly fine if I go on Microsoft Word gt Edit gt Print gt Print and when it brings up the screen with all your print options I have to go up and select the printer name in the drop down box So my guess is that the other programs are not picking up on the printer by themselves because on Microsoft Word I have to manually select it Any ideas on how to fix this Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.."

uninstall the printer; reboot and then reinstall
Relevancy 23.22%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.
Relevancy 23.22%

Well after reading quite lots of threads related to quot no audio output device is installed quot and trying No is installed audio output device different things and suggestions I am stuck with this problem The above message is shown under Vista and Win So I get this message in Vista and Win I have an acer aspire and the sound only works for a couple of minutes no matter what the operating system is - I tried Win Vista XPSP and XPSP and always installed the latest driver from the manufacturer site I also downloaded and installed the latest bios version No audio output device is installed for this laptop And still no sound I dismatled the laptop times to look at the motherboard and see if anything is OK There are no bad caps or burnt or anything I realized that after hardware reset the sound comes but only for - minutes at most Then the sound is cut out and after reboot the Realtek High definition audio disapeears from device manager My question is if the hardware is faulty is it possible to work No audio output device is installed after harware reset for a few minutes I also tried installing Backtrack and still the same So it s obviously not an operating sistem issue nor a bios one and not a driver either I tried different versions of driver Anyone could help me out nbsp

A:No audio output device is installed

Is this a New Acer, or have you had it for a while.
Many Acer's are not capable of being over-driven. They will become hot and sometimes fail when over-driven at high volume
If it is still under warranty, get it replaced or repaired, and hope you have not voided the warranty by doing your own internal examinations.
If out of warranty, it is possible you may need to replace the system board.
Now might be the time to have an experienced Acer tech take a gander at the innards.
Relevancy 23.22%

I am having issues with a wireless trendnet card, I found the driver for it and it is working, however it will only connnect to unsecured networks not secured. It is a Wireless g card. Any help in the matter would be appreciated.

A:No connection after wireless card installed

You have to supply the proper ID's and passwords for the secured networks, in order for the wireless network card to connect
Relevancy 23.22%

This is the message I keep getting on boot up. I was messing around in the bios before I was getting this message. I managed to reinstall Windows 7 and it is working fine. The hard drive is Sata. I may have plugged it into another sata port on the board. Anyone have a clue how I can fix this?

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, version UPSD Source 08-24-2007
Copyright (c0 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives**
Please wait. This will take few seconds.

Controller Bus#0 Device#1F, Function#2: 06 ports, 01 Devices
Port-01: No Device Connected
Port-02: No Device Connected
Port-03: No Device Connected
Port-04: No Device Connected
Port-05: No Device Connected
AHCI BIOS not installed

A:Getting AHCI BIOS not installed message

go into your bios and turn off AHCI mode
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello guys this is a problem I ve been dealing with devices audio No installed for quite some time though I never really tried to No audio devices installed solve it until a while ago The main problem is this I wanted to post a pic of the icon but I couldnt due to lack of posts its the speaker icon with the white cross on the red background icon showing up when I right click it and go to volume mixer it tells me there are no audio devices installed I ve tried multiple things to solve the problem I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them didnt work I removed my onboard sound card with device manager and plugged in an usb sound card to see if that would solve the problem didnt work I went to device manager removed the onboard sound card then had device manager look for uninstalled hardware it reinstalled the onboard sound card but didnt change the no audio devices installed thing Is there something left I can try to do I d appreciate any bit of help I can get PS Im using a Windows Vista if there are any specs you need to know about just ask Btw when I look in device manager or control panel -- gt Sound there is never a problem stated I dont use speakers and usually have headphones plugged in Also when I start a game like Skyrim it quits and tells me Skyrim needs a sound card in order to run even though there s definately one onboard not working though nbsp

A:No audio devices installed

List any Problem Devices

When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
Relevancy 17.2%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?
Relevancy 26.66%

I am frustrated I built a new computer and my second hard drive refuses to work the way it should My system has a Crucial SSD GB that I installed just as a boot drive The second HD is a W D caviar black TBYTE After installing Windows Home Premium bit to the SSD and starting the computer I find that I cannot get downloads of new programs to go to the W D The programs want to download to the SSD but are too big for the remaining available space on the SSD My computer keeps saying you are running out of space I have tried many properly will hard work not Second drive other forums to solve the problem I even called in a computer specialist He said he fixed the problem but he didn t My system recognizes the W D I formated the W D What I would appreciate is someone give me the complete directions on what I should do start with just my Windows on the Second hard drive will not work properly SSD Any help will be gracefully accepted Thanks Can I be Second hard drive will not work properly informed at my email address if someone replies nbsp

A:Second hard drive will not work properly

Assuming the following:

1st boot SSD - C:
2nd drive - WD - D:

When you install a new program, and ask for a location/folder to install select your drive D:

Change your location of My Documents folder to WD.
create D:\My Documents on WD
On My Documents | Properties | Location | Move | browse to D:\My Documents and apply
Relevancy 22.36%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive
Relevancy 17.63%

I am looking for a way to bring an old IBM desktop machine that I built Into more sutible working conditions. Does any one have any Ideas on how I can update the innerds of my computer?
I know this very vauge but I dont have the computer with me now and am looking to stock up on what I need (Info and parts) Before I get back to it.

A:Best way to update graphics on five-year-old IBM desktop

We heed to know the components you have before we can recommend upgrades. What is the IBM model number - or better a link to the IBM spec list for it - and what new components did you put in?

Also, what is your budget and how do you use the PC?

For a starter on learning about video card upgrades, I recommend this site:

Pay particular attention to the criteria page that addresses system constraints in the upgrade process - and helps you define your wants and needs in a way that is useful:
Relevancy 23.22%

Alright so last week my graphics card just died while i was playing starcraft 2, went shopping and bought a xfx radeon hd 5550. Hooked it up to hdmi and nothing. The computer runs, the fan is spining on the graphics card but no display.
So i tried to plug my cable into the onboard card but nothing (even when i took out the 5550) but nothing. (used avg too but no go lol )
So i can't really go into the bios or install drivers or anything like that. Sooo what do i do to get my display back without video output?

Mobo Asus m4a785td-m evo
600w PSU, win7 64bit
and the xfx doesnt need external power

And when i mean died, screen flickered and bam the onboard graphic fan died and if failed to startup ever again lol

really appreciate ur help thx in advance

A:Installed XFX Radeon HD 5550 and no display

Are you getting any "beeps" from the board?
Relevancy 26.66%

I made a post on another part of the forum about my computer shutting down on its own. One thing lead to another and I eventually figured out that my power supply isn't failing and my Cores are not overheating. It appears to be my graphics card. The fan is not spinning nearly fast enough and very weakly. The fan cooling my processors would hurt my finger if I touched it but the graphics card fan just stops. The heat sink under the fan is really hot. I almost burned myself. Is there any way I could manually set the fan to go faster before the card overheats and turns my computer off?

I currently use an ATI Radeon HD 4800.

A:Graphics card fan not working properly

It seems that there is a mechanical problem with the fan. The video card needs to be pulled out, and the fan removed. This is something you can do yourself.

Usually, there is a plastic or rubber cap on the bottom of the fan, where you can find the impeller's axis. Sometimes it's just a hole and you can directly see the axis. There is a small safety washer, usually white and made of Teflon. You can use a lot of tools and stuff to release this washer. It is completely cut on one side and you can see this cut when you push on it with something. What I usually do is I grab a couple of sharp thin things (needles, toothpicks, cutter, knife, paper clips, anything thin and strong enough), and push it from one side. This is not enough to remove it, but it should either pop one end out and then you slowly work it's way out with the other tool towards the other end, or it will slide a bit away from the axis, and then you can stick the second tool between it and the axis and pop it out.

After this you should be able to remove the impeller, by slowly dragging it out by the central knob, where the blades attach. It could oppose a bit, as the magnet passes along the metal part of the coil. Watch out for the other 2 or 3 stuff that might be on the axis, one or two rubber washers, ball bearings, maybe a little spring, make sure you keep them all and prevent them from falling on the floor so you can find them later when you reassemble the thing. :haha:

Try cleaning the small tube where the axis goes and the axis itself (I recommend alcohol), also rub the washers, spring, bearings & safety washer with a little piece of cloth sprayed with alcohol. Some dirt will come off. Clean up the other parts as well, the impeller & it's blades, the fan etc.

Then you can use either fine mechanics oil or a very little bit of petroleum jelly. I used both with success. Reassemble everything and it should be spinning OK now.
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys I m new here so hi all So anyhow here s my problem - I have a Dell Inspiron that has been giving me some problems of late where the laptop dies off a hard it dies everytime off disk up laptop but still installed boots New few seconds after booting up I first tried System Restore and it died New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up on me so I just booted into Safe Mode and changed some settings New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up in msconfig It came back to normal temporarily but everytime I scheduled a disk check or attempt to System Restore again it will just black out So I did a PC check and diagnostics and it said that my HDD had failed So in all fairness I bought a new HDD and put it in With the new HDD in it gives me the message quot No boot sector on internal hard drive quot Now thats not actually New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up an error so I put my Vista installation DVD As the files load my laptop blacks out -- yet again Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up

Remove the battery and only use the AC adapter. Does the laptop still shut down?
Relevancy 27.09%

i have a compaq presario cq40-337tu laptop with 250gb harddisk and 2gb of ram.i have windows7 32bit operating laptops screen becomes very blurry or vague after sometimes of starting.This vagueness prevails sometimes and then it goes automatically.sometimes when i restart the laptop after observing the blurry screen,the very first screen--"press esc key to....." becomes yellowish. is it any hardware prolem...???????????

how do i fixed it??????do this type of problem in the LCD increases if i continue to use the laptop?????

if this type of lcd problem can stimulate others problem in processor or any other place in my laptop??????

A:LCD is not working properly

Is the display normal when you plug in an external monitor?
Relevancy 18.06%

After doing some research...(I feel fairly stupid) I have figured out that a Ati Radeon Hd 5400 Series graphics card, is not the best for gaming. I got this PC for Christmas from iBuypower. Here are my specs:

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU Speed 3.00 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.
Motherboard Model GA-770T-USB3
Ram 4 Gigabytes
Power Supply MaxPower PX-480 (480w)

And I am from the US.
Thx to cfitzarl for the guide to opening a new thread.
BTW I play games like WOW and Rift soon to be Magicka.

Relevancy 18.06%

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

A:Graphic card update

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Relevancy 23.22%

This is my very first post on this site so let me apologize up front in case I m not following the proper procedure or I m saying something REALLY stupid I XP installed? amount RAM reporting Windows than is of different is Why ve tried to follow the rules provide enough info amp post a properly worded albeit LONG question s I m sure this has been answered here before but I couldn t figure out exactly how to search for it if it is On to the point I have Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed? several PCs Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed? running -bit Windoze XP SP with latest amp greatest updates They each have internal graphics cards that are not being used amp I ve tried to turn them off in the BIOS Most of them do not report the full amount of RAM that is installed in the system when I right click on quot My Computer quot amp choose quot Properties quot PCs have GB of RAM These systems have a GB graphics card amp they report about GB RAM each reports a different amount These are almost totally different PCs with the exact same graphics card PC has GB of RAM This system has a MB graphics card yet it reports GB of RAM I also have PC that has GB of RAM amp a MB graphics card amp it reports GB of RAM PC that has GB of RAM amp a MB graphics card amp it reports GB of RAM Can somebody please explain What am I doing wrong with the systems that are reporting less RAM than is installed or What can I do to get them to report the correct amount of RAM or Why is Windoze XP reporting less RAM than is actually installed or What additional info I can provide so that somebody here has enough info to give me a good answer Thank you nbsp

A:Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed?

Hi Bamim,
A couple of things. What are you using to get the memory info from? You may be seeing the "unused" or availible ram left on your system...not the total installed.
Secondly, The system information does not combine and report Graphics memory/buffer with main system memory. you can download software to see the reporting of Graphics memory.
thirdly, 32 bit operating systems will only recognize up to 4GB of system ram, after reserving a portion for system hardware (memory mapping) it will then report the "availible" or "useable" ram you have at your disposal for running applications.
Hope that helps.
Relevancy 23.22%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi First let me tell you that I did try to research this problem before posting this I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s w this is probably important It came factory with W and did not include any driver discs I recently purchased Win XP and installed it to a separate HDD My plan is to dual-boot win and XP on two different HDDs if you consider that a dual-boot This seemed XP Fresh installed, the help adapter work need to getting network to work until I found out I cannot connect to the internet with xp I looked on this site for people with similar problems and I came to the conclusion that I need to install the factory driver for my network adapter This is because I dont get the network access icon at the bottom Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work and it wont allow me to set-up a connection Going into the device manager there is a network adapter but I dont think it even works So taking the advice I found on this site I attempted to download the driver for this PC from the HP website They dont even have a driver that supports XP for this Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work POS The network adapter is fine Im on the same PC right now just on my Win OS HDD The connection is great the hardware is great my modem is fine and my router is spiffy It is obviously a problem with XP So assuming my driver is the problem is it possible i can still connect to the internet if the driver doesnt even support xp If you think this isnt the problem or if you have any suggestions for me please let me know nbsp

A:Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work

If you look under Device Manager when on Win 7 you should be able to get the name of the wireless card. And then do a search for XP drivers for that device. You will also need the chipset drivers for the motherboard for XP, those should be available from the manufacturer's site.
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello on update Can't my Asus UL30VT! driver graphics I m not sure this belongs in this forum section so if it doesn t please don t bite my head off All right so about a month ago the laptop I used to game with broke because of a water accident Thus I cannot get it repaired for free and my poor little student budget can t afford a repair So now I Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! m using my tiny UL VT to game with until Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! I can get hold of someone who can repair my dear laptop for something cheaper than what the store I bought it at charges for it - And it has been coping surprisngly fine considering that it isn t a laptop meant for that But yesterday I ran into a problem where I am forced to update my graphics driver to be able to play on decent graphics in most of my games So I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia and everything was fine until it told me that it couldn t install because it couldn t find the hardware itself I got told that s because of the option to switch betweens graphics Intel GMA X MHD and NVIDIA GeForce G M in my UL VT and thus I need to get a special driver from ASUS But that driver s nowhere to be found So are anyone here able to tell me where I can find the driver I need It really annoys me to have to play on the lowest graphics possible just because of a stupid driver problem THanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT!

ASUS driver

Been to the ASUS driver download page, BUT it was blank at first try, so forced it to reload the page;
There are 2 drivers listed for your UL30VT, 1) is a patch , (V1.0.0.1)@116KB, and
2) nVidia graphic driver, (V8.15.11.8688)@ 97MB.
These are for Windows 7. Hope this is what you meant.
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Motherboard GA- VT P Combo rev x Current CPU Intel Pentium D GHz Target CPU Intel Core Quad ghz m a Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTS RAM x Corsair DDR GB OS Windows -bit Hard Drive gb Seagate Power Supply Antec Earthwatts W Max Hello i am about to lose it So i have the configuration as stated and i am trying to update the bios so that an intel core quad ghz m a works because that particular processor is listed on the cpu support list for my motherboard however to without BIOS Need floppy update when i try to use it i get a blank screen on startup no bios no nothing I narrowed it down to the bios because i also tried an intel core duo ghz m and had the same problem blank screen on startup and no bios So thats why at the moment i have a pentium d in Need to update BIOS without floppy because it worked so i figured since the core quad is on the support list but isnt working i should update the bios i downloaded the latest version FD and tried to run the exe from my desktop of windows but got the error quot This system Need to update BIOS without floppy does not support fullscreen mode Choose Close to terminate Need to update BIOS without floppy the application quot Fine so i noticed qflash in the bios area and realised thats the method of my current bios and went into it by pressing delete to enter setup then F for qflash Options were keep DMI data Enable with the option to disable I don t know what DMI data is save bios to floppy or update bios from floppy So I grab a floppy drive and plug it in one that I know is working from trying it on another pc The floppy drive doesn t work it doesn t register a floppy drive nor in windows or in qflash Turns out my input connecter for floppy seems to be busted on my motherboard Reason I think this is because I tried my power supply plugged into the floppy drive then the floppy ide into another pc s motherboard input and turned them on at the same time and I got the green light on the floppy drive working which means it s the input on my motherboard not my power supply nor the cable It seems the only way to update the bios is via floppy I tried putting the files onto a DVD and booting it but it didn t read any files as bootable I tried a usb but the only option in qflash is floppy AND THE MOTHERBOARD FLOPPY CONNECTER IS BUSTED I cant seem to do anything without it What do I do Is there another way of updating my bios I NEED to have support for a core quad Why does my floppy input not work Its just one problem after another Do such faults warrant repair from gigabyte Could a usb floppy be an option Would my primitive bios see a usb floppy as a floppy nbsp

A:Need to update BIOS without floppy

You didn't read the support list properly. The Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo processors are not supported. See here: The N/A in the "Since BIOS Version" column means not supported. See the red note in the upper left of the page?

So you are wasting your time trying to update the BIOS. There's no point.
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve had this problem for years and always just unplugged the IDE drive SATA drive drive with IDE Reinstalling OS installed to before reinstalling I m tired of doing that though and I want to fix it I finally got fed up at all the problems my computer has been having and decided to reinstall Windows I have SATA drives x TB and a Gig and a Gig IDE drive I install the OS to a partition of the gig drive but during the install when it reboots after unpacking the files it always tries to boot from the IDE drive which gives me an error quot BOOTMGR not found quot Even if I go into the boot selection and choose the SATA drive it gives me the message If I installed the OS with the IDE drive plugged in even unplugging that drive and rebooting gives me the error I have to install Reinstalling OS to SATA drive with IDE drive installed Windows with the IDE drive unplugged I haven t looked at it a while but I m pretty sure the IDE drive is set to slave not sure if that matters though since it s the only IDE drive Is there anything I can do about this I m tired of unplugging the drive to reinstall it s just a pain nbsp

A:Reinstalling OS to SATA drive with IDE drive installed

You need to check that the jumpers on the IDE drive are set for slave and check in the Bios that the SATA drive with the OS is set as Primary Master.

I would also check under Integrated Perpherals in the Bios that your IDE set up shows the Serial-ATA controller is enabled.
Relevancy 26.66%

My laptop touchpad is not working properly; that is I cannot scroll properly and also have problems with the sensitivity of touch. I downloaded and installed the Synaptic touchpad driver but it is still not functioning very well. Please can someone help me with a solution.
The name of my Laptop is; Compac Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC
Thank you.

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Go to Start -> control panel -> Hardware and Sound.

Somewhere in there you should find adjustments for the sensitivity.

If this does not work please state your operating system for further help and try it with a USB mouse.
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok so I have a custom build PC. I have a Asus P5K motherboard. I have upgraded to Windows 7 due to vista sucking *** lmao. But the only problem with that is, my motherboard is not compatable with Windows 7. I keep getting the BSOD because i need to update my BIOS. What can I do to fix this..." BECIDES GOING BACK TO VISTA"

A:I can't update my BIOS

Have you tried using the Asus "EZ Flash 2" utility? Here is ASUS download page for your motherboard:
Relevancy 23.22%

I installed this PCI-X controller below but into a normal PCI slot Adaptec AIC- W SCSI cause before serious more I not installed, help needed problems BIOS Controller Adapter Card PCI-X I then proceeded to conect the HDD s up GB K BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems RPM Fujitsu Ultra SCSI -pin LVD drives it is a long cable that connects into the controller and at the end has the terminator My OS is on a GB Western Digital WD Raptor with two more Seagate Barracuda TB drives this point I turned the machine on not sure what to expect they are very loud turbine sounding but they were outside of the case since I didn t know if they would work or not Not the hdd not working but the setup cause I knowing nothing about SCSI and plus the drives in a normal size case lights blink on and off at times on the scsi hdd s The machine saw the controller and I was able to access the config utility was telling me that setup was something something wrong and when I clicked out and continued Booting the controller Kernel Controller started The messages below is how it ends Following SCSI IDs are not responding No Logical drives foud No Int Drives to support BIOS not installed This is just one of my personal machines no server or anything like that Update Removed controller hdd s and now the system is back to normal I like to know how to run the scsi setup Would I notice a vast difference in speed compared to my hdd s now with no raid what so ever nbsp

A:BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems

I suspect that you do not have the jumpers set correctly on the Fujitsu drives. They must all be different to give each drive a separate ID.

There may also be a problem with your Bios settings or possibly the Bios is incompatible.

From what I have read on the subject the SCSI set up would give a noticeable increase in speed.
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey has anyone ever heard of this I have a Dell laptop that told me it needed to update my video drivers so I did and all hell broke loose I couldn t issues 1536 Studio Dell after HD update run AVG everything was bogged down and it took FOREVER to open folders or files I tried restore it but all restores points were gone and I tried using Dell CDs to restore the HD put it keep failing I finally had to pull the drive out and hook it by USB to another system also running AVG and scanned it It said I had only two virii both Win Heur in Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update the updated ATI drivers After it scanned I used AVG on the desktop computer to quarantine the files and heal them It told me it couldn t because they longer existed Then when I tried to look at the contents of that partition it was blank When I put it back in the laptop it tried to boot but fails saying no bootable media exists Now multiple errors are popping up with other hardware on the system I hooked it back up to the desktop and I can still see the drive but no files Any clues on what I ve done I posted in the virus and malware forum but they said it looked like a windows issue Any suggestions would be most appreciated TD Sorry I can t give any log files but they re just vanished nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update

You will probably have to purchase a Dell restore disc for your model laptop and do a fresh install of Windows
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello with on on of Ran installed Windows space it out partition I need some help advice on a problem I am having with a new desktop I put together myself I m sure I have made some rookie mistakes along the way but this is why I did it for the learning process Anyhow a problem I have already encountered is when installing windows I partitioned a gb hard drive with one partition for the os with gb and two more partitions for storage Ran out of space on partition with Windows installed on it with the remainder of the unallocated memory Now the partition with my os is gb full and I know I am going to encounter problems I tried to shrink one of the storage partitions to leave gb of unallocated space to extend on the os partition but windows disk management tool does not allow you to do that Is my only option reinstalling windows onto one of these larger partitions and then formatting the old one I am fairly new to tech spot so If I am not using proper posting etiquette feel free to let me know Thank you any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Ran out of space on partition with Windows installed on it

You can extend the partition that you have installed Windows into, but in my opinion it would be a better idea to use a program such as Easus Partition manager; at;
The free (Home) version is fine for a job like this.
An alternative I have used is at;
These programs work in a similar way, by showing the partitions as they exist now.
You click once on the one you need to resize (to highlight it), then right-click, choose 'resize', drag the end markers out to where you want the partition to be,
click 'apply'. That's it, it does all the rest, and can take a few minutes to complete.
Note that it is a very good idea to when making major changes like this, to make a system image onto an external hard drive, just as insurance. But this method has worked perfectly for me on several different makes of drive, (1TB Seagate, 4 partitons) and
Iomega 320GB (3 partitions).