Windows Support Forum

No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo?

Q: No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo?

Well around winter of my Card? Input Video Signal, No Fried Faulty Mobo? computer broke down I have recently gotten sick and tired of using a windows COMPAQ has too little ram for anything remotely modern So I am back to it my Father looked at it and he thinks the motherboard is fried No one in my family has any PHYSICAL computer problem experience though I have virtual experience It started to make a loud hoarse noise at startup The monitor sayed quot No Input Signal quot and said quot Monitor going to sleep quot We cleaned out the inside as it was ridiculously dusty and now the hoarse noises have stopped But the monitor is still messed up What I can provide -Another computer to test things -Pictures of the inside of my computer -Specifications To an extent another thing I want you to know I am not prepared to buy most things I have another computer with parts I can swap if it comes down to it No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo? but if we cant fix it we are going to buy a brand new computer If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I have little physical computer experience as in none So I dont know where anything or what anything is nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.6%

Hello, first off let me say this is a wonderful site and in sadder we couldent have met under better terms .

So this is the problem.

1 year old custom built pc. Amd 250 3ghz dual core,
gigabyte Ga-ma78gm-us2. Mobo
original videocard: 7600 gs nvidia
new card 8800gts nvidia.

After installing the new card it made a high frequenzy beeping sound. So I immediatly shut it down and switched the videocards back... Only to hear a lowe freq. Buzzing sound...

So I took that card out as well, and turned it on, again it made a beeping sound.

I can hear all the peices starting up but there's no display. Can anyone tell me what parts I killed .

A:Issues after installing video card, was mobo fried?

Thank so much for posting this thread

I have the same problem. Help us please.........!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-after-installing-video-card-was-mobo-fried.148761/
Relevancy 91.59%

Good afternoon I ll try to provide any all information that I can - I m stuck and have a headache and am not very technical Working Card NO Not New Signal, Video - Stll Input A bad combination for working on any system I have a eMachines T - days ago I went to turn on my system When it began the boot process my monitor showed No Input Signal I researched and learned to troubleshoot - so have a checked all cables b attached used the monitor with another system worked fine c checked power cord with another system worked fine d attached another flat NO Input Signal, New Video Card - Stll Not Working screen to my system -- same issue This leads me to think it s an issue with my system vs the monitor So - after more researching and reading I NO Input Signal, New Video Card - Stll Not Working determine that I need to buy a new video card I just did this today and purchased one that should work I think and should be compatible I purchased NVidia PNY MB AGP x and installed per directions Did not fix my issue So - I popped it back out put it back in unconnected and reconnected all cords and cables and got long beep and short beeps Further research suggests it may be memory or it may be the mother board I can t see anything to know what message if any the system is giving I would really appreciate any other suggestions as to how to troubleshoot or fix my issue This is an older system and quite frankly I don t want to drop a Mother Board into it don t know how BUT I do have files stuff that I d like to get off of it I can t do that as I can t see them So - I m open for solutions If there are not solutions for a fix I m open as to how I can get my files off the sysem Thanks to any all in advance I ve never changed anything until today so my specs are AMD Athlon XP Processor QuantiSpeed Architecture operates at GHz KB L cache amp MHz FSB Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home Chipset NVIDIA nForce Memory MB DDR PC Expandable to GB Hard Drive GB HDD rpm Optical Drive DVD RW Drive Write Max x DVD R x DVD RW x CD-R x CD-RW Reads x CD x DVD x Max CD-ROM Drive Media Reader -in- digital media manager USB Secure Digital SD Smart Media Compact Flash Memory Stick Memory Stick PRO Micro Drive Multimedia Card Video NVIDIA GeForce MX graphics AGP x slot available Sound nForce -channel Audio Network Mbps built-in Ethernet Modem K ITU v -ready Fax Modem Peripherals Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard -Button Wheel Mouse Amplified Stereo Speakers Ports Other USB ports in back in Media Reader Serial Parallel PS Audio-In amp Out nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Hey everyone,

I'm running an HP p6214y with an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT. I recently got a Sony Bravia 32" TV that I was hoping to run in dual screen mode with my HP 2009f monitor. The video card has two DVI out ports which I'm using with two DVI to VGA cables. However, I've found that when I hook the Sony HD TV up to my video card, the video card will stop sending an input signal completely randomly. This sends no warnings or errors to the event log either. I have a 750watt power supply as well. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-stops-sending-input-signal.927355/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have an HP Pavilion A uk computer with an HP w v monitor The OS is Windows Vista I ve No - - Graphics Signal Input New VGA Card? Input been getting the message quot VGA Input - No Input Signal quot and the monitor appears to be in sleep mode permanently I ve checked all the connections cables etc and I have also connected the monitor to an VGA Input - No Input Signal - New Graphics Card? old computer VGA Input - No Input Signal - New Graphics Card? where it worked fine I m guessing I need a new graphics card but don t know how to go about changing it I have opened up the box and cleaned it all out but am not sure what to do now Could I take out the graphics card from the old computer and put it in the new one The old computer is a Dell Dimension Windows XP Or would it be an option to swap hard drives I urgently need to access my work but the old computer got a virus and doesn t work properly I don t know the first thing about hardware really so wondered what any of you would recommend I do Just buy a new graphics card and replace the old one - in which case what would I buy Put the graphics card from the old machine into the new one How do I do this and does anyone have any diagrams Swap the hard drives so that I use the old box with the new monitor this is probably a stupid idea but who knows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 76.54%

Just replaced a hard drive that had failed and now when I start up the PC ready to install OS again I get the above message. Nothing else has been changed other than a new CPU fan.
No BIOS beeps as no beeper installed. Seems ASUS don't always supply them.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello Last week I bought most of the parts to a new computer over the internet using various vendors Some parts were purchased from a retail store the monitor ethernet card floppy drive and keyboard from Frys Just yesterday I recieved the last of the parts in the mail and I put it all together I followed all the instructions to a T but still when I try to boot up the system the monitor gives me a message No video signal or cable disconnected Here are the specs to my hopefully new computer ECS VZA Motherboard ghz T-Bird Gig ram mb DIMMS Inno D Kyro II mb graphics card Soundblaster Live Platinum Microsoft Internet Keyboard Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Linksys LAN Card Samsung CD CDRW DVD Combo x x x dvd-rom Envision EN- quot Monitor Oh by the way when I try to boot the screen just flashes different colors in some sort of cycle I m stumped as to how No video input signal?! to fix it so any feedback would be great thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

No Video Input Signal custom-built All parts are new Will not POST Black screen - one small white rectangle box message quot Monitor Status HDMI Input No Input signal VGA Input No Input Signal Recommended Settings X - Hz quot It is not the monitor I m using it now on an older computer It is a new HPw h It is not the cable I have One HDMI and two VGA Both tested good on other PC and Laptop Using VGA cable now First suspect was video card A Sparkle GeForce GT MB DDR PCI Express x NVIDIA unified architect Has been removed and reinstalled at least three times This video card does have its own six-pin power connector Positively connected to power supply So I removed the PCI Express x card and tried a PCI video card - only to No Input Signal Video get exact same message on monitor So I over-ruled the GeForce as the bad guy and re-installed it This motherboard - Intel Extreme Series DP SG has PCI Express x slots One primary one secondary Primary must be used when only one PCI express slot is use Confirmed I No Video Input Signal purchased this motherboard firstly socket and secondly for Extreme Series I wanted at least PCI x slot for video card and No Video Input Signal I needed or PCI slots Specifications clearly state - processors supported Intel Core Duo quot Intel Core Extreme quot among others Motherboard description stated motherboard built to support the latest Intel Core Extreme processors Motherboard LED does light and RJ- does light No Video Input Signal when connected in rear Bios configuration jumper block on motherboard set to normal CPU Intel Pentium D Extreme Edition GHz Socket Dual-Core OEM I purchased this CPU firstly because first was GHz second because it was socket and third because it was Dual Core QUESTION Is there a difference between Core and Dual-Core Could this be a mixed match not compatible on my part Could this be Why I m not getting even to POST I don t want to pull this processor out until I am absolutely sure I have priced this processor as high as retail I paid OEM wholesale QUESTION Doesn t removing the CPU distroy the pins RAM GB Dual Channel DDR RAM X MB MHz pin Corsair Memory positively in correct banks Pulled three or more times Tried to boot with and without Power Supply Ultra LSP Pro Lifetime Series Fan very quiet mm Tried booting with motherboard outside of case Tried everything I could in relation to reading No Boot issues with other builders HD Western Digital WB AASK GB - MB SATA DVD Burner Light-On Internal DVD Writer X SATA All wires Data amp Power positively connected correctly Front panel Power Switch Power LED Reset Button HD LED all checked and re-checked to correct pins on M B I am ready to install a new - Windows VISTA Ultimate full Retail ver but how can I If I can t even get to the point where I can press F Understand I can t do anything - If I can t read the monitor amp Note I have built eight computers in the last few years for family and friends Six IDE and two SCSI Never a problem All still running This is my first SATA build I m not a techie apparently but I m not scared of wires According to most I have a slightly above average understanding of computer lango and specs I finally need help Please respond amp Thank You In Advance amp amp amp nbsp

A:No Video Input Signal

Your problem is simple, the DP45SG board does not support a Pentium D 965 Extreme Edition processor.

Here is a list of the supported processors for your board.

http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?Boardname=DP45SG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-input-signal.860654/
Relevancy 76.54%

I've already royally messed up my computer (see this thread http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2395469#post2395469 )

And now, for some reason, whenever I turn my computer on, there's no signal. All the wires are connected and I've tested two different working monitors, so I know that there's nothing wrong with the monitors.

My gfx card is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 made by EVGA. Please help

A:No Video Input Signal

Please see your other post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-input-signal.335113/
Relevancy 76.54%

After replacing the battery in my computer my monitor no longer works. I get a screen with a Video Input error - i no signal. I am going to try hooking up a different monitor to this computer to see if I get the same problem. Any other ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-input-i-no-signal.70645/
Relevancy 76.11%

hiya,

putting this way,half a year ago when i took my cpu back to the shop for servicing - they claimed that there was something wrong with my mobo and have to sent back to factory for warrenty (repairing) and till today i m doubt something wrong with it after getting back from them....

is there any software or programe to check the mobo or graphic card's condition?

thanks

edit: i think i put in a wrong section and if it is, i m really sorry coz i m just new to here

A:how to check faulty mobo & graphic card?

You can test RAM with memtest 86+
A motherboard is difficult to diagnose at home. If something isn't working and you suspect hardware, you swap parts until you isolate the broken item.
What did they say was wrong?

Please don't apologize when posting - it's annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-check-faulty-mobo-graphic-card.79402/
Relevancy 74.82%

Around weeks ago I was watching a movie via stream After of the movie my computer froze and picture got distorted horizontaly shifted overlapped Since i couldn t do anything I restarted computer While it was starting up the text that was usually only white color now turned into orange and white After first windows xp loading screen my monitor turned black as usual while loading next step of start up but when it should go to the second windows unless SAFE input Video or signal mode VGA in no xp screen it went pitch black and I got message quot video input no signal quot Video input no signal unless in VGA or SAFE mode Now I can start computer in safe mode and change resolution but it doesn t hold for the next start up Also I can circumvent this problem by chosing to start in VGA mode but if I try to change resolution monitor promptly goes black and I get same no video input message I allready tried using restore point and uninstalling and updating drivers for my graphic card obviously it didn t work I m using Microsoft windows xp profesional Version Service pack AMD Athlon tm x dual Core processor GHz GB of RAM Physical Address Extension Nvidia GeForce GS I really need help please nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

I want to use my laptop to watch tv, but I don't know how to input video signals into my laptop's monitor..

I really need your help, thanks a lot!

A:How can I input video signal to my laptop monitor?

Welcome to TechSpot forums

It is unlikely that the laptop's video capability has a video in connection. So unfortunately I doubt this is a possibility. One of my workmates does have a USB tv card device which feeds a TV signal into the computer and this works with a laptop (aerial connects to device, device connected via USB connection to laptop).

Something like the devices for sale from this website would be required:
http://www.snapstream.com/buy/buy-tunerusb.htm

If you post details of the laptop model we will be able to confirm whether it does or does not have a video in capability.

If you think you might stick around at this forum please feel free to post a hello message in the Introduce yourself forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-input-video-signal-to-my-laptop-monitor.4980/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all, I have just bought a second hand Dell Dimension 2200. When I switch it on the monitor is displaying
No Signal input, check video cable. I was using this computer at the home of the person I bought it from without problems.

When I have hooked the monitor to a laptop it is displaying on the screen for a couple of seconds the showing me the same error message.

As soon as I switch on the computer it give four short beeps, a short pause then another two beeps.

Any ideas as to what this would be or how I could fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-signal-input-check-video-cable.1010329/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there, I don't mean to clog this forum up with possible rubbish but I have been searching all day and have got as far as getting the usb capture card to be recognised and accepted by ulead (the video editing abd capture software that comes with the capture card)

My problem now is that, I know there is an input signal there, as the screen is black but every now and then a green colour will appear across the bottom of the capture area but that is the most I get.

I have tried my xbox one and xbox 360 and both have the same problem.
my setup is xbox>hdmi to vga cable>easycap>laptop.

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/easycap-capture-card-problems-with-input-signal-956849.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there - I've been successfully connecting my tiny work laptop to my awesomely huge HP desktop using an HDMI cable for about a year now. Just connect the two, put the "HDMI IN" button to connect, and all is well... Except that every 4th or 5th time I do it, it fails and I get the "Game Mode No Video Signal" error instead. I try disconnecting & reconnecting, rebooting, waiting a while and trying later, etc. But, sometimes, it just won't connect no matter how I try to persuade it. Any ideas? Thank you,C.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-Input-Error-Game-Mode-No-Video-Signal/td-p/5672094
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 72.67%

A friend of mine gave me a MSI K6N Diamond Plus mobo. Everything on it worked, except for the onboard audio, which wasn't a big deal. Recently, I tried to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card, only to have my computer tell me that a recent hardware change is preventing windows from booting up. So, I took the sound card out, but now I am no longer getting any kind of a signal to my video card. The strange thing is that on occasion, it will work. I've tried switching the video card to the other PCIE slot and switching out the RAM, but so far nothing has worked.
Any suggestions? Or does it sound like this mobo is fried.

A:No video signal from MSI mobo

I would reset the CMOS and see if that clears it up. If you mistyped and meant MSI K8N Diamond Plus, there should be a CMOS reset button on the motherboard you can press to clear it, or you can remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes to do the same thing. If you do mean K6N, I don't know if it has a reset button. Then you would have to remove the battery.

Next time disable the onboard sound in the BIOS before installing the sound card. It should work fine that way provided you can get everything going again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-from-msi-mobo.105046/
Relevancy 71.81%

i ve put together a system for a friend of mine and after about a month he said that sometimes he would video signal... mobo no problem? not be able to start the computer because there was nothing on the monitor Basically sometimes when we turn it on it works just fine But sometimes the pc turns on fans and hd spinning dvdrom blinking but monitor stays black There no video signal... mobo problem? are also no good ol beeps comming out of the pc speaker When it is working it does not turn off by itself Only when computer is turned off and then turned back on sometimes there is no video signal Sometimes reseting brings it back to its senses Sometimes we need to wait for couple of days I have swapped video cards monitors and power supplies I have reset CMOS with a jumper Nothing helped Next thing I was going to try is flashing BIOS but still waiting for video signal to come back I ve looked through some other posts with similar problems and it looks like the mobo is bad It s a Biostar M NCD Never had a problem with Biostar before I guess there is always a first You guys think it s the mobo Or could it be something else thanks Dima nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Just finished building a new PC for my mates brother all components seemed to be secure I turn on the PC with just the power cable in YAY from input to Built Monitor, Graphics PC, no signal AGP Onboard Newly and card it turns on so i think this is too good to Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics be true it turns on first time I unplug it take it upstairs to my monitor plug in my monitor into the AGP card i installed in it Nvidia XT then booted it back up The monitor stays on standby no signal input sign floating round the sreen AHA the motherboard has onboard graphics maybe it defaults to that I remove the AGP card plug the monitors cable into the VGA socket on the motherboard boot it back up Still nothing I presumed that because the fan comes on CD drive and HDD that the processor is intalled Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics right So then I reset the CMOS normally solves most things in my case lol boot it back up and still i got nothing The monitor and the Cable work fine and the AGP Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics card is fine to as my friend used it in his other PC before giving it to me Motherboard is brand new and i had the same model before just without the onboard graphics Memory is also intalled right i checked twice For the love of god help me Could it be something to do with the Hard drive Slave Master wrong way round Disk Drive faulty I DON T KNOWW lol the only old bits in the PC are the Hard Drive Disk drives and the case itself Please consider everthing before just saying faulty this the Motherboard in question http www ecs com tw ECSWeb Product uID amp LanID Thanks nbsp

A:Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-built-pc-no-input-signal-to-monitor-from-agp-card-and-onboard-graphics.427183/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys im a new member here and this is my first post So heres my current Video Fried? card setup I got a new computer which is a amd athlon on a Msi kt ultra mb i kinda forgot I got a ASUS mb ddr GeForce Ti x agp XP as my os A few days ago while i was just surfin the net my computer all of a sudden freezes and Video card Fried? turns off When i turn it back on and i load desktop it informs me that my video Video card Fried? card has some kind of error I ignored this thinking it was only a one time thing but minutes later it happened again So i figured that the Video card driver was out of date so i went on the Nvidia web site to DL a new driver Then when i installed it everything was working fine for about half an hour Thats when all of a sudden while im playing a game raven Shield my screen flashed blue with a bunch of letters no time to read and it just shut off Video card Fried? Now when i try to turn on the computer it sounds fine but nothing shows up on the screen I could here all the fans and the hard drive working and all Do u guys think i f cked up my video card any help any one Please It will be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

well, my somewhat new Ati Radeon 9800 pro, with a 3rd party fan and little brass heat things added to the card, has fried, i think.. i started it up today, and i looked at the boot screen and it was really bad looking, like pixelated, then when i logged in to my desktop, all the icons and my mouse, has these little black lines behind them, like the transparent background of the icons were showing thru.

Plus when i launch a game, prey for example, it is really bad, here look at a screen shot:
i have updated the driver 3 times, uninstalling and reinstalling, same outcome.

Can i fix this? or is it dead?

i would also like your opinion on wich video card to get, i might just get another 9800 pro, if i can..

thanks in advance-

A:video card, fried?

Have you checked all the connection to the video card?

Made sure the monitor is connected tight, and the video card isn't coming unseated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-fried.484716/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all recently I have been experiencing some problems with my display I have an FX ultra that I ve had for quite some my card Is fried?! video time now The computer runs fine when its on but after some time the screen will get crazy The display will just show some random colors and then goto black after a while When windows starts Is my video card fried?! up again Is my video card fried?! it gives me an error report saying that the card failed to complete a drawing operation I remember seeing this error report in the past with a different video card and I can t remember if the card was fried I thought it was a heat problem so I opened my case and cleaned out my heatsinks and fans and made sure everything was getting good cooling After I did this the card didn t screw up for days but now its doing it again Is my card done for Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks Also my drivers are up to date nbsp

A:Is my video card fried?!

If ur getting those artfacts again, try running DXDIAG from run also try installing a graphic card fan from zalman or anyother company they are better suited for the cooling.

it is certainly a overheating problem i had something similar to that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-video-card-fried.26444/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey I m new here and i have a uber problem so i m sorry for being a Video Card Fried? first-poster asking for help gt gt My computer Video Card Fried? has been running uberly hot running a prescott P GHz with HT so it gets Video Card Fried? up there Today i took the casing off to replace the thermal paste on the heatsink and when turning the computer back on it booted normally Good news is it s running about C cooler Bad news is when i booted up Speedfan to check the temperature it shut off So i turned it back on Monitor does nothing So i m like oh man Vidoe card fried So i changed it i had a spare laying around Turn it on monitor does nothing BUT I plugged my monitor into the onboard slot of my motherboard and it works So i need to know something Is it the motherboard thats fried or the video card I tried Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Video Card Fried?

What video card??? Post your specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-fried.64096/
Relevancy 71.38%

Will a fried video card cause my laptop not to boot or power up at all?
Dell Inspiron 5100....Spilled coke on laptop...video card shows signs of burnt components.

A:Fried video card

It's the worse thing that could happen to laptop other than being run over by a truck. Coke will eat and corrode everything in that laptop except the HD and only because it's sealed. If you won't to save it quickly take it to a professional and have it thoroughly cleaned

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fried-video-card.259739/
Relevancy 71.38%

hi im new here and not sure if this is the wrong area to put this but I built a gaming computer with an fx gtx and i fried? video my card Is left it on all night to install a few games and i was awoken in the middle of the night to find the cases led lights and a light i bought for Is my video card fried? it flashing I tried to press the power button and nothing happened so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and hit the button and nothing The power supply works because i used a paperclip to test the green and ground So i determined it was the motherboard it was kind of cheap So i wanted to atleast test if anything else went with it I read on one forum that if i plug in the pcie connectors to the gpu the fans should atleast spin if not connected to a motherboard and they didnt Could this mean the card could be fried and ill have to get a new one nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Over the last few weeks I've been getting more and more quot VPU Recovery quot errors with my Radeon Pro mb video card From what I've read this feature attempts to reset the GPU whenever the card stops responding or something like that Turning this option off will just hard lock my computer instead of giving me an error and asking me to reboot I was looking around for what might cause this and found a few possible causes like overheating memory on the card went bad bad power supply etc I thought it was probably overheating since I hadnt cleaned the dust out video Is fried? card my of my fans in quite a while but that Is my video card fried? didn't solved the problem The fan on the card actually started making weird noises after that so I unscrewed the fan and blew the whole card out with an air compressor I went ahead and installed two more Is my video card fried? case fans total of now hoping that would help but I was still getting lockups and VPU errors I also tried unplugging all the case fans to see if maybe the card wasn't getting enough power but I didn't think this was the issue since it had been running fine for a year After more searching I read about quot ATI Tools quot which would allow you to overclock or underclock your card Basic logic told me that if I underclocked my card it wouldn't get so hot Well after I underclocked with this program and applied the settings and restarted I began to see artifacts all over my desktop and even in bios the windows loading screen Blue and red bars on the left side of my screen little lines that would follow my mouse and matrix-like symbols all over my bios screen My monitor would now lose signal after a couple minutes and force me to restart I tried going back to the default settings with ATI Tools but that didnt fix my problem I even uninstalled ATI Tools and reformatted my computer but to no avail I'm having to use safe mode just to post this and half my screen has blue bars running down it The heatsink seemed a little lose on the card so I tightened it as best I could I'm thinking the damage may be permanent since even if I leave it off overnight and the card is not hot at all I still have this problem Should I buy a better heatsink fan for this card and see if that helps or just scrap it for a new one Also I've tried many different drivers Any info is appreciated Asus A N XE Deluxe Mobo AMD Athlon XP mb ddr ram ATI Radeon Pro mb AGP Audigy Value Windows XP Home Have had this comp for a little over a year P S I'm looking at the ATI Radeon X Pro mb has anyone had any experience with this card

A:Is my video card fried?

Can you narrow down when it started?

Did you build this PC yourself?

What power supply do you have? Make/model and Watts. Maybe it has given up the ghost after a year of use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-my-video-card-fried-74480.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So I was surfing the web today and my computer froze I didn t think that was too abnormal so I waited for it Then both my displays turned gray and each half of the screen started switching between a dark and light shade and little black and white dots raced across it After a few seconds of video fried your card Has ever itself? this the computer shut off completely and would not reboot I popped open the case and what do I see One of the spring loaded clips that holds the small cooler on my GPU was Has your video card ever fried itself? gone and the cooler was hanging off diagonally I thought this was good as it should be easy Has your video card ever fried itself? to fix I put a dot of thermal paste Has your video card ever fried itself? on the gpu and put the two pins back in It would power up for a second but then shut off So I thought the paste might be short circuiting something I cleaned it off and put back the cooler with no paste Immediately after pressing the power button the video card shot out a spark and a small cloud of smoke so naturally I pulled the cord Upon inspection a fragment of one of the power regulating chips I think was missing I m still waiting to see if EVGA will replace it nbsp

A:Has your video card ever fried itself?

That is really not possible... but it can seem like those events are independent of human action.
Those dang spring clips create more damage to computers and printers than we can tolerate. We're getting mad as heck, and were not going to take it any more...
But I suspect your card was already in the midst of failure when you decided to improve on things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/has-your-video-card-ever-fried-itself.134554/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm having to swap out a dead mobo: MSI 770-C45 DDR 3 for a Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 w/ no video signal to the monitor from the dead beast & (preferably) w/out doing a clean install of OS , which, given that is the reason I"m replacing this 3 yr old board, makes retrieving any information from the system or affecting any kind of device /driver uninstalls or alterations beforehand unlikely. (A prior post, w/ video available) mentioned switching the sata controllers to IDE in Device Man. (I"m a little spoofed at this level, TBH) I assume the device drivers are interfacing with the mobo thus making slaving the h/d to my laptop a non-viable option. The drive containing the OS--Wn XP- is SATA ONLY. Any Help Appreciated. Txs-

Relevancy 70.52%

I have an old Dell Dimension 4600. The video card is gone. I need to get a new card and thought that with the box open, I would upgrade the RAM also. This is a old machine that I only use for email, light surfing and storage. Dell recommends the below, is this the best thing for my use? I have no idea, so help someone may be able to make a recommendation.

A0735425 2 512 MB Memory Module for Dimension 4600 Series System $57.98
A0490679 1 e-GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP Graphics Card $29.99

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi folks Bad storm came through this morning Afterwards when booting pc all i ve gotten was Nvidia Video Card Fried? x resolution with color I ve downloaded and updated the drivers for monitor and the Nvidia GEForce MX video card No help Each time I try to change the display it forces me to restart pc to allow change Previously I Nvidia Video Card Fried? could always see the display change and choose whether I wanted to keep it or not without a restart When I accept change and restart computer hangs and monitor light goes to standby Only way to recover is a ctr-alt-del and enter PC restarts but comes right back to the huge x resolution Machine is also very very slow in everything it does since this morning I tried moving the monitor to the onboard video and rebooting but then it never came on stayed in standby mode Is it possible for me to disable the video card while still plugged into it and be able to revert back to the onboard video just to test the card I haven t had a lot of experience with monitors and video cards I m not even positive they are the problem Any help would be greatly appreciated She s nbsp

A:Nvidia Video Card Fried?

G'day shesun4givn2...wow that is certainly a name!
I would suggest removing the power from the machine, then removing the video card and plugging the monitor back into the onboard video socket.
On re-power up it will (with luck) realise the onboard video is required and load the driver for it and produce an image.
You shouldn't need drivers at this point, hopefully you won't need to enter BIOS and make any changes.
See if you can get that up.
(It sounds like the video card may be crippled)
Lightning does not need to strike the prower lines to kill a machine, it is always worthwhile unplugging or fitting a surge protection device. (these work sometimes)
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-video-card-fried.365018/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a geforce 6100 that seems to be faulty. I got a new motherboard about 6 months ago and ever since it hasn't worked the same. When i play videos, there is something funny about them. It plays sometimes but then i go to minimize it and re open it and its only in one small corner of the screen. I have all the codecs plus driver updates. The only way it works well is wehn i turn the acceleration down to none. ALthough the screen is very blurry when it is full screen. I have also brought it to the shop and they "couldnt find anything".

The only thing i can think is faulty card and they do not wanna play for a new one. It is integrated int he motherboard.
ANy other options, ideas?

Thanks Josh

Relevancy 70.52%

I recently bought and installed an ATI radeon 9550 256mb video card. Although there are no obvious problems with it whilst playing certain games Battlefield 2 for example the graphics get extremley glitchy and the game seems to run slow do you have any advice on what I can do??????

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, i've been having problems in the last few days, i recently upgraded the videocard and psu of my system to a 650w unit and a geforce 560 gtx card.It worked fine for about a week then suddenly im hit with lag everywhere i turn.I am now unable to watch videos/play games because of this.But before i go out and send my card back i would like to know for sure anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 70.52%

Got this corruption in my display after about 2-3 hours of MW2 last night. This is the worst it's been so far, started as missing or incorrectly colored textures, started getting video lag during that session last night and then what you see in the picture.

This seems to have started when I built my new system but I think that may be because the old one wasn't PCIe 2.0 so it never really stressed the card...

A:Does this look like a faulty video card?

Looks like it is overheating might want to check the fan on the card and cooling on your system

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/64340-does-look-like-faulty-video-card.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ok here s my situation My PC shut down when I was playing World of Warcraft I know for a fact the problem was the video card I was running a Radeon x Pro - which needs at least w - with a power supply that had w max The PC wouldn t even power-on again until I removed the card The card had a burn on it and one of the electrical compnents on the card was partially melted Now I put the stock video card back into the PC - a Radeon - and the system powers up However I get no video signal and no beeps Nothing I can hear the hard light but not no power video Mobo PC signal, is post, on will drive quietly spinning but the only time the orange HDD indicator LED on the front of the PC works is PC will not post, no video signal, but Mobo power light is on when I open either of my CD drives The green power light on the mobo still goes on I plugged in my mouse and the laser still lights up when I move it PC will not post, no video signal, but Mobo power light is on The capacitors around the agp slot and the CPU all appear fine The CPU is generating heat which leads me to believe it is working properly I guess that I have a bad AGP slot or just a bad mobo in general I would need a new mobo in either case Am I missing something Any other possible solution here Would running a video card with too small a power supply for too long PC will not post, no video signal, but Mobo power light is on a period of a few months normal use cause a mobo to die Of course the card was fried but I need to know if i fried my Mobo too or if it may even be the CPU Thank you nbsp

A:PC will not post, no video signal, but Mobo power light is on

The PSU is probably dead now, it might be the only thing dead. (maybe your x1650 pro is still working). Replace it with a decent unit this time. If you plan to game, one the most important components is a good quality PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-not-post-no-video-signal-but-mobo-power-light-is-on.86771/
Relevancy 70.09%

Need a little bit of help here! Ive just turned on a pc which I havent used in around 6 months, and its giving me SIGNAL ERROR. I have tried 2 graphics cards, 2 monitors but still. I have tried different RAM, no difference. The CPU is seated fine and fans working. PSU is giving power to IDE drives i.e dvdrw & hard drives. Tried different IDE cables... And the mobo cant be dead, the sound card is working, ethernet adapter is flashing..... Anyone got any ideas? If I get any good advice theres a few gigs of webhosting in it for ya Thanks all. Also I do not recieve any beeps... but my other computer is working fine I dont get beeps on that either!! lol

A:Signal Error, Ram, G card, cpu, mobo, psu are fine.... Still Signal error!

Try to replace the(COMS) baterry . It could be old ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-error-ram-g-card-cpu-mobo-psu-are-fine-still-signal-error.25846/
Relevancy 70.09%

We unplugged our hp for about a week and when we plugged it back in the power supply fried (making all sorts of horrifying fan grinding noises! ), we found another one for it and it's the right voltage but when we turn it on the computer attempts to boot (it beeps like it's supposed to) but the video card doesn't send any signals to the monitor. Does anyone know how to disable the onboard ati rage turbo pro video card so I can use an expansion slot one?

Relevancy 70.09%

I was playing World of Warcraft and out of no where the computer froze up the first time it s EVER done this accompanied by The last sound played being looped Fried? Card Video Solved: Urgent over and over I reboot the system Solved: Video Card Fried? Urgent and at the windows XP and boot information screens I ve got vertical lines throughout the entire screen When it gets to windows to finally load up the display goes all messed up and I have to reboot again with the power button If I reboot the computer and put it into safemode all works I uninstalled the Video card and used a driver cleaner to remove everything that pertains to the video from the system IF I then reboot without the video card uninstalled normal windows boots perfectly fine The moment I then try to add drivers and install the card the display goes compley screwed again TO Summarize Computer works fine without Video Card and Drivers installed Windows will ONLY boot in Safemode with the card and drivers installed If I try to start normally I get a totally screwed up display and can t do anything but reboot with the power button I Assume my card is totally screwed Windows XP Ghz Intel P Nvidia Ultra Video PCI Express Onboard Sound nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I think i have a faulty video card, my computer will randomly restart when im installing new programs... any type of program, it will restart when its copying files during instalation. when it restarts the monitor wont turn back on. i have to shut the computer off for like a minute or two, and then turn it back on and sometimes the monitor will turn on, sometimes it wont. i have the latest drivers for my ATI radeon 7000. I am runing XP can anyone shed some light on this?

Relevancy 69.66%

I was trying to play a game called World of Warcraft Everytime I tried to logon my game would crash and there would be a vpu recovery I thought it was just a game issue at first I then tried to play wc which was installed on my primary slave My primary slave Video Slave Ram, Faulty card? HD, also has windows and other drivers ati drivers sound drivers etc from my old computer i never formatted before I put Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card? it as a primary slave Warcraft kept giving me errors minutes into game I was starting to worry it was a video card issue So I installed counter strike tried playing seconds into game my computer froze and now my computer keeps restarting when its trying to load windows xp I went into bios and tried to disable my primary slave but when i did that my computer kept asking me to boot from cd even tho my primary boot device was hard disk Please help i just got this new computer after being weeks computerless So could anyone help me identify the problem here At first I thought it was just a game problem but one of the games i tested was installed on my primary slave and the game was installed on my old computer then after all my games kept crashing it could ve been a video card problem not windows wont even start up Could this be due to my primary slave conflicting issues with my new hd my specs are Mother Board MSI K N NFORCE Video Card Ati Radeon mb CPU Amd bit Master HD Western Digital gig hd sata with windows xp Primary Slave Samsung gig hd with windows drivers everything from when it was installed in my old HP computer RAM Rosewill -Pin MB DDR PC Unbuffered nbsp

A:Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card?

please check your cpu temp and post it. your cpu seems to be overheating when playing games.
if you are comfortable opening your computer, check your cpu fan if it is seated properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-slave-hd-ram-video-card.312791/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 69.66%

i turned on my Pavillion a1450n to find that when it booted up, the screen was covered in little green lines, but the boot screens were still somewhat readible. there were also flashing green letter "K"s all over the screen. i tried reseating my video card, and checking the all cables and monitor cords. i also tested it out on two monitors...same result. any suggestions before i go out and by another video card?

A:faulty monitor? video card?

My bet, bad video card because you are seeing it on the post screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-monitor-video-card-207585.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I ve had my laptop for a little over two HP Weird Video Laptop issue. Fried? Card years It s the HP Pavilion HP Laptop Video Card Fried? Weird issue. dv nr specs in the link Since Friday I ve been having some serious issues with the graphics card When booting up the HP logo has some vertical yellow lines through it and all console text has black splotches on the letters Furthermore in BIOS there are grey lines and dots all over the screen When I boot up to the OS if I get that far everything loads HP Laptop Video Card Fried? Weird issue. in VGA at the lowest possible resolution and color depth Hardware manager shows that the device is not being used because of an error This is clearly a hardware issue It s been going on like this on and off since last Friday On Friday I walked home in the rain with my computer on my back My computer was in my Swiss Army backpack and I assure you nothing in my backpack was even slightly moist I ve been able to do everything I normally do when this loads properly though sometimes some of the graphics on display are corrupted Today I thought all was lost Several times I would close my computer which should send it into suspend mode However when I reopened my computer it would reboot itself The third time it did this I was unable to boot my computer with a functional video card I tried taking the computer apart to see if I could get a look at the video card but the screws seem designed to be less persuasive when taking them off so I didn t get far enough to actually get a look at anything on the motherboard Finally I tried to use some compressed air to spray out the fans I sprayed them out from the outside then tried to boot my computer For some reason this was a success I feel like if I can actually get a look at the video card even if mounted to the motherboard I can figure out what is wrong with my computer Like I said this is the ONLY thing that is wrong with my computer Does anyone have any idea where or how I can see the video card of the dv nr I feel like it might have some kind of dust buildup or something that might be shorting out the graphics card Please help I m a poor college student in Computer Science and don t have money for a new computer Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys maybe someone can help me out here Fact living on an island and can t get stuff GPU? or faulty Fried CPU easily moved here Fried CPU or faulty GPU? and shipped my rig with me Bought a new i - X for thousand bucks yeah Using an older GTX and have a new HD in repairs sniff I shipped my PC over here and since i Fried CPU or faulty GPU? had my older i - on it i removed it and installed the new one unfortunately and out of Fried CPU or faulty GPU? stupidity the fan was not connected running for about min I inspected my computer when i noticed that i had fragments on the screen and noticed that obviously i would need to connect the fan Don t know why that happen since i use to configure rigs since years must have been the bottle of wine earlier that night Anyways after correcting my fault the system still boots up but it takes ages for the video screen to come live it seems strange then i suppose if i would have fried the cpu there would be nothing going on anymore is this correct the system tries to boot up and the fans spin high for about minutes or more then finally the bios boots up that already my first concern since it is not normal and would boot into bios immediately after i power it on then after - minutes in windows my screen goes blue green and stays there and the system looks like it is in standby mode Previously before i came to the island and i had it at home i had a nice ati hd under the bonnet and it happened just shortly before i left to come here that i had fragments on the screen and then the display went to one strange colour like blue with fragmets or half the screen having fragments I thought the card has a problem so i replaced it with my older gtx where the system was runnign again however this card i thought did prior to buying the hd also having a n issue thus buying the new hd Now since i had this issue with the cpu i am not sure what the problem could be is it the graphic card or the CPU or the MB As mentioend before at the moment the computer needs - minute to boot actually it does not boot for several minutes and i see the led lights flicker then it boots i login to win and after - minutes the screen goes blue green or similar colour and it seems to hang no light indications anymore nothing Any one experienced the same I asked our IT for a spare card but of course we dont have one i will need to wait at least couple of months till the hd is back an option is right now to change my older cpu which i have with me to see whether the new cpu has been fried or not Help please tech geeks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fried-cpu-or-faulty-gpu.956362/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys I'll try to explain my problem the best way I can I've having trouble running games for quite sometime now Games like BFBC Mafia II Dead Space - mostly modern games that take up more CPU GPU usage When I my crashes) it Is something or card (game else? faulty, video run these games they either crash windows says they stopped working the AMD Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) driver Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) stops working or in some rare cases the system freezes I've pretty much tried everything reinstalled drivers reformatted etc The only time I can really get any stable game play is if I don't OC my CPU which is strange because I'm not OCing my CPU like hardcore - the max I OCed is GHz v I de-clocked to GHz v since I had the same problem months ago but this week I've been getting the same problems I had before and I didn't change ANYTHING at all so now I'm running standard clocks on my CPU GHz Raising the voltage on the CPU didn't help at all when OCing I went all the way up to v- v and nothing still crashes etc The reason I'm asking if either something is wrong with my GPU is because when games crash on my system my entire computer starts acting up the graphics pictures in games become distorted kinda like artifacts on defected GPU and the sound becomes all static like feedback I can't explain it - it's weird I have to reboot my PC in order to fix it Also I get the quot Display driver has stopped working quot in some occasions usually when I play dead space My CPU nor my video card are overheating - the max temp my CPU has gone is - c and my video card is - c This pic shows pretty much what happens after a game crashes and try to play it again http img imageshack us img jpg So should I RMA my card or could it be something else click on my system specs below my name

A:Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes)

Quote:
the graphics/pictures in games become distorted (kinda like artifacts on defected GPU)

This is a clear sign of a defective GPU
RMA it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/137681-my-video-card-faulty-something-else-game-crashes.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I recently purchased a second 8800 gts 640mb video card to work in sli with my current one. When i connect the card in sli or by itself in the same slot my older card was in and turn on the power then computer will switch on for about a second then switch back off again. If the press the button again the computer wont even switch on at all until i take the card out.I cant understand what is causing this unless the card is faulty. I have a 700 watt power supply which should be sufficient for both cards and more than enough for the newer card by itself so i dont think the power supply is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Have you connected the additional power supply connector to both cards. If the new card won't run by itself, the card is bad... Simple

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-almost-immediately-after-its-turned-on-faulty-video-card.106667/
Relevancy 67.51%

getting no signal input and input not supported messages i dont know whats wrong with my pc and i just spent dollars on a power supply weeks ago i cant afford to take it to geek squad or something to fix it right now I have a custom built PC by a guy a met at school bad choice anyway i have a windows vista OS but its only a trial account cause this safemode, load no input , only not supported signal pc in input dude ownd me and i didnt notice it was pc only load in safemode, no signal input , input not supported a trial till days after bit windows vista home premium OS geforce gt Amd Athlon II X processor GHz GB ram asus MB not sure what kind all pc only load in safemode, no signal input , input not supported i see is asus only starts in safemode with networking Aoc moniter or Adc not sure what it says my moniter is plugged in to my video card its an off board what is causing this a few days ago i downloaded my latest video card driver restarted the pc and it WAS GOOD back to normal after using it and finally being able to listen to music and play games i restarted it to see how it would work and it went back to the black screen with red writting in the middle quot input not supported quot a few days before this happend i got a virus called anti malware GO or something like that i downloaded iexplore to get rid of it i deleted the files and it was gone im sure it had something to do with it please help i cant afford to get a windows or vista upgrade for another weeks so how can i fix it now could my video card be messed up even tho im on the same PC now in safemode with networking nbsp

A:pc only load in safemode, no signal input , input not supported

duplicate closed
http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/985255-pc-only-loads-safemode-input.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-only-load-in-safemode-no-signal-input-input-not-supported.985259/
Relevancy 67.51%

Windows automatically updated last night before shutting down. When I turned on the computer this morning, the HP w2207h monitor was not functioning properly. Each time I rebooted, I received the message "HDMI Input: No Input Signal" before the monitor went to sleep.

I do not believe it is a problem with the sleep and display settings as I have dual monitors and the EN9910 is functioning properly; both are set to NEVER anyway. Further, I have plugged our SONY television into the HDMI port and it works just fine.

I have also plugged the monitor into another computer, using the same cable, and both worked just fine. The hp monitor also functions in the utility mode. Problem seems to exist only when Starting Windows.

This has happened once before with a Windows Update, but I don't recall the solution.

Please help.

Thanks.

A:HDMI Input: No Input Signal -- Monitor Going to Sleep

Hello and welcome aspen can you just make sure the driver for that monitor is ok.

Software & Driver Downloads HP w2207h 22 inch LCD Monitor | HP? Support

But mate I also think you may have answered it yourself in another way. Can you remember when this started happening? If so system restore back to before that date.

Then it is just a matter of downloading any updates if this is what is - one or two at a time until you find which one is the culprit. Make a not of that one and each time it comes up untick it to download / install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285944-hdmi-input-no-input-signal-monitor-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I went to install new PSU and video card upgrades and now I'm not getting any video signal to my monitor on start up. I switched back to my old PSU and video card and I'm not getting anything on those either. I can hear the HDD spinning, the fans start up, and my DVD drive opens, but no video.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 66.22%

Anyone know of a Nvidia graphics card with S-video input and DVI-out sockets?

A:S-video input graphic card?

Any Geforce card that has VIVO, Video-In/Video-Out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...deValue=3055:20548&PropertyCodeValue=694:9634

Or if you have a nice video card then you could just get a TV capture card: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=47&name=Video-Devices-TV-Tuners

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-video-input-graphic-card.565206/
Relevancy 66.22%

I don t have a webcam but what I do have is a standard digital camera with a video out phono I plug this into my video card and video Using as input card webcam my my using the video card software I can see on-screen the video that I put in be it my camera or my video player etc The problem comes with the fact that no other application or software can use my video card msn Using my video card input as my webcam just has a black screen when I select the video card Skype says quot cannot start video renderer please check you have a valid directx installation quot I do and other programs say Using my video card input as my webcam things like quot Unable to start device please ensure other devices aren t using it quot etc The only way I ve been able to get around this is to full screen my video card software showing the video and screen broadcast that window with skype I d much rather a better solution to this because it not only means I have to use Skype all the time but it means my nd monitor is unusable while doing this because its showing the video being used as a screen broadcast Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my video card to work with my programs Many Thanks nbsp

A:Using my video card input as my webcam

PC web cams are cheap. Invest in one...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-my-video-card-input-as-my-webcam.158359/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi. This question will immediately expose my ignorance about video capture. I'm interested in getting a Leadtek Winfast DTV1000S card, mainly to convert some videos. I see from the specifications and the pictures that this card supports composite video and S-video connections. However, I can't find any reference to the audio signal, and how that is captured. I suspect it would probably be through a separate audio line from the source into the line-in on my PC, bypassing the DTV1000S as such. Could any wise member please take pity on my ignorance and tell me how the audio signal is handled in such a case.

Many thanks

A:Audio input to video card

Where do you capture from, and with which program? If it's an external source, say VHS tapes or such, you use a * connector to 3.5mm audio jack to the mic line in plug, and select the program to capture audio from line in. If it's from an internal file from the computer (some would need to do this) or a digital broadcast, or whatnot, you just set the program to record sound from the default audio output device. Make sure the program you use supports this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-input-to-video-card.895725/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys I need your help I have built quite a few computers over the years but I just cant seem to be able to solve this problem I built this new computer and at the first boot everything was working fine I did some minor changes or at least that is what I think But now my graphics card doesn t give out any video signal I have moved the graphics card to another computer where it worked fine so I suspect it was something in bios that I changed that has caused this though I cant see how or what I could have done The only thing I changed that referenced the graphics - Getting video Video card. signal help Need my your no out guys of card was that I noticed that in bios the setting Primary Graphics Adapter was set to PCI as I have an AGP card I assumed this should be changed to AGP so I changed that The boot up sequence sounds like it is working fine just that the there is no video signal Also I have cleared CMOS which didnt seem to make any difference My motherboard is Dual-SATA and I Need your help guys - Getting no video signal out of my Video card. have tried with Need your help guys - Getting no video signal out of my Video card. different AGP cards neither worked in this new computer Has anyone got any ideas Thanks Jon nbsp

A:Need your help guys - Getting no video signal out of my Video card.

try resetting the cmos. your motherboard maunual should have the instructions for manually resetting th e cmos by moving the cmos jumper. if not just unplug the machine and hhold the power buttonin for several seconds to drain any residual power then remove the cmos battery and let it set for 15 min. then reseat the cmos battery and power up. it should oot with the default cmos settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-your-help-guys-getting-no-video-signal-out-of-my-video-card.40252/
Relevancy 65.36%

I would like to get a video from the Raedon HD 7000 series, more specifically, 7700 or 7800.

I managed to find my computer's specs online and want to ask if I were to get a new card, would I need to upgrade anything else, like a better PSU, or a better CPU to prevent the card from being bottlenecked. I don't mind if it's bottlenecked a bit, but I would like to run Skyrim (as well as BF3) on high or ultra and be able to play Witcher 2 more smoothly.

The computer specs can be found here on the official HP site. I hope this is enough information to answer my question.

If I have forgotten or you need anything else, feel free to tell me and I will update ASAP.

A:Thinking of upgrading my video card, can I get some input?

Well you'd definitely need a better PSU than that 300W one which came with the HP. What's your total budget for the card + PSU?

Your i7 2600 processor is fine... actually it's more than fine since PC makers generally always tend to make CPU-heavy and GPU-light machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinking-of-upgrading-my-video-card-can-i-get-some-input.184304/
Relevancy 65.36%

I ve got a friend with a problem and that now Card, Video with input there's Solved: no Messed problem is he isn t registered on this forum All jokes aside he is experiencing a rather inconvenient situation that I believe somebody here may be able to help figure out He says quot So I got this computer it s quite old Old enough to have been built with XP as its default I have a broken computer that I took a wireless Solved: Messed with Video Card, now there's no input PCI card from and I also took my GeForce and tried to put it in The GeForce wouldn t fit so I put the old video card back in I tried to run the computer Solved: Messed with Video Card, now there's no input again but when I plugged the monitor in Solved: Messed with Video Card, now there's no input it said that it wasn t getting any input Everything was running fine before this it was getting input For some reason the video that s already built in didn t read in the first place and still doesn t There s no prong cord to plug in and everything is all the same way as when I got it except the wireless PCI but I ve tried it without that as well and still no input I have no idea what s going on is anybody able to help quot Feel free to post as if it s directly to me I ll be copying and pasting it to him anyways nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I just bought a new video card and installed the drivers. The VGA and DVI outputs work fine. However, the S-video input on the card doesnt seem to work. Although I have a live S-video source plugged into the card, Windows Movie Maker (or any other program) gives me an error saying that I have no video input device plugged in. I re-installed my old video card and the S-video worked fine, so it seems to be an issue with the new video card. My question is this: do I need to tell Windows how to look for the S-video input through this new card, or should it find it automatically? I think the S-video input is broken for this video card, but am not positive.

Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to replace a Gforce2 video card with a Gforce FX 5200 with 256m o ddr memory. When I install the new card I get a conflick message saying that I need to remove another piece of hardware to free up the resources needed. It will not tell what hardware is in conflict.

Relevancy 64.5%

Had to ditch my analog video capture card and bought the hauppauge digital and anolog tuner Jumped through all the hoops setting it up with WMC and WinTV that came with the card and to my dismay i still am not getting digital channels they are scrambled or choppy looking or non existent Some channels are pixelated and choppy some are clearer than I ve ever seen I have already deleted uninstalled reinstalled both the drivers and win tv but not wmc so I m thinking first the signal is not strong enough or second my graphics card won t handle digital I m runing an intel quad core with Video Signal? card or a geforce gt graphics card By the way i get NO digital channels both tuners were recognized by WMC All channels were found digital and anolog Also i have a coverer box from comcast and it plays all the channels but you re running both media players on channel which kinda defeats the Video card or Signal? purpose I m shortly off to the store to get a new coaxial cable to see if that fixes it Has anyone seen this problem or any other ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-signal.979000/
Relevancy 64.5%

Can't get a video signal out tryed different Video cards but still doesn't work. all cards work on other machines.

A:No Video Card Signal

It could be the motherboard on it's way out? Try swapping motherboards (if possible)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-card-signal.879654/
Relevancy 64.5%

Not getting video signal on my mothers computer, her vid card fan had been acting up so i figured it finally fried...tried a old card i had...still no signal...figured it too could have been fried, went and bought a card at compusa...still no signal with a new card...what could be going on..her computer had been working fine for about 2 years...(since i built it). Only thing i can think is the Motherboard went kaput?? thoughts before i replace her mobo?

A:Not getting video signal...not the VID card...???

Is the computer booting up?

Unless it is, no video card will work.

Try the Caps Lock key, if the Caps light toggles on and off each press, then the computer probably has booted. If not, stop blaming the video card as it probably has nothing to do with it, the problem lies elsewhere, such as PSU/CPU/Motherboard etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-getting-video-signal-not-the-vid-card.497126/
Relevancy 64.5%

hi names bonzo, yea im really new to this forum i signed up yesterday hopingi could get some real professional help with my computer problems. Okay so i just finished my first biuld on my rig, the only problem is im not getting any signal from my video card, i have a 7900 gs, that i just bought, and im using a 590 i foxconn mobo, pls someone help me, its a duel

A:I`m not getting any signal from my video card?

Hi and welcome to techspot.. By dual, do you mean the card is 2 cards in one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-m-not-getting-any-signal-from-my-video-card.66029/
Relevancy 64.5%

I just bought an MSI GeForce 8800GTS video card. Arrived today. Once installed it doesn't show any video whatsoever for either of my two monitors. Tried swapping them repeatedly and restarting, but to no avail. No idea what the issue might be. Maybe the monitors are incompatable? I also thought maybe my PSU just doesn't have enough juice to run it.... Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

My setup:
AMD 2.0GHz single core
2GB RAM
Previously: eVGA Geforce 6600 256mb video card
PSU: 550W

Relevancy 64.5%

The title says almost all but several more things to add. I installed another hard drive and everything was fine until I turned the computer off. When I turned it back on, no hard drive detected in bios again. The hdd's still spin up, but cannot be detected by mobo. Checked power supply while running and all is okay.
The mobo is a p4b533-v that my brother was having trouble getting started. I had it working good for about a month and then, well, here I am. Any suggestions on locating the problem would be greatly appreciated.

A:Fried HDD and 2 DVD drives and need some input

This is a very old Motherboard
It was first released in May 2002

It has a 478 Chipset with AGP 4X slot and only ATA connection to Hard Drive

Personally I'd say throw away

But if you are determined, try placing the little jumper on the back of the Hard Drive to either M for master or CS for Cable Select (try one then the other)

If it still doesn't work, try replacing the IDE Data cable, that connects to the Hard Drive
Also make sure that the CD Drive has its own IDE Data Cable, or even just remove the CD IDE cable, in case it's causing problems.

But I prefer the throw away idea

Oh here's your manual too: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4b533-v/e1006_p4b533-v.pdf

Note: It is possible that the old Motherboard just can't recognize the new Hard Drive
You could also run "Setup Defaults", check in your manual howto do this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fried-hdd-and-2-dvd-drives-and-need-some-input.127510/
Relevancy 64.5%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I m going to include as much information as possible because I really don t know what s wrong here So a few days ago I updated a program which resulted in it crashing on startup I searched for a solution and some people said to try reverting my video drivers and or using quot AMD Cleanup Utility quot to uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall a different version I used the program to uninstall the Beta drivers and other AMD utilities and restarted the computer once it was finished to complete the process However once I tried turning the computer back on the monitor said that there was no signal This was fixed by taking out the video card and plugging the monitor into the Monitor to Video from No Signal Card VGA slot on my motherboard to use the integrated video as for some reason it wouldn t work if my video card was still inserted in the motherboard I tried restoring Windows to an earlier date but this made it so that neither the video card nor the integrated video could successfully send a signal to my monitor After a few more restores I tried plugging in a different HDD with a working copy of Windows on it as well and No Signal to Monitor from Video Card this let me successfully boot up with the integrated video Switching back to my original HDD I could now also successfully boot with the integrated video even with the video card inserted I m not sure why this helped but it did I had been using a VGA to DVI converter to be able to plug the monitor into my No Signal to Monitor from Video Card video card since the monitor came with a VGA cable so I assumed that maybe using an HDMI cable would fix the problem It made no difference The doesn t show up in the Device Manager either It s not connected to the monitor but it is plugged into the motherboard so I don t know if this should be the case I also tried dusting out my computer and pulling out the CMOS battery for minutes but neither helped Related Specs XFX Radeon GB ASUS VS Windows Home Premium BIOSTAR TZ A nbsp

A:No Signal to Monitor from Video Card

Plug the GPU into the PCIe slot, boot up your machine using the VGA graphics, then install the latest 13.4 stable driver. If that doesnt help, try another PCIe slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-to-monitor-from-video-card.193096/
Relevancy 64.07%

I know this is a video card related problem i ve sorted that much out but i ve yet signal video Monitor no from gets card? to determine whether it might be a cable problem or the video card itself Currently i m in normal windows mode Monitor gets no signal from video card? with video card disabled my computer recognizes new hardware video card but when i install it and restart the machine monitor just shuts down exactly the same way as if i was actually shutting down my machine I ve tried re-arranging the wires but nothing helped i tried to physically clean it but that didnt make a difference either Coincidence or not this happened to me precisely after i got my monitor back from repairs apparently the capacitator was broken And this started happening exactly after i got the monitor back Slim chance but the monitor could be the problem aswell Altho it works currently and works fine in safe mode Please i m gravely concerned since video cards aren t really that cheap I d appreciate any feedback or things to try before taking it for a repair again PC Specs AMD Athlon X Dual core processor ghz gb of ram x gb DDR I ve also had this replaced before the monitor issue one of the DDR s was broken Radeon x pro LG TR monitor Windows xp professional SP nbsp

A:Monitor gets no signal from video card?

If the monitor is able to display Windows running in Safe Mode, the monitor is fine.
The monitor only shuts down because your PC is shutting down, at which time monitor switch-off is automatic owing to the power-management feature of Windows. It doesn't mean the monitor is faulty.

The problem is either the video card or the driver you've installed for it.
I would say it's the driver. If it was a faulty card, Windows would not appear on screen in any mode at all.

In Safe Mode however, all third-party drivers are ignored (not loaded) and this is how Safe Mode is able to start when there's a bad third-party driver preventing it from starting in Normal Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-gets-no-signal-from-video-card.1006778/
Relevancy 64.07%

So I m not signal/Video found. card No using a prebuilt tower which is probably my first problem No signal/Video card not found. Its the Gateway FX No signal/Video card not found. I ve had it for about years I think and besides replacing some RAM I haven t touched the insides Recently I tried to start up my computer and got the dreaded No Signal on my Monitor Device manager doesn t show any display adapters except the standard VGA The video card is on and seems to be working the fans are No signal/Video card not found. running and all that I can t reinstall update the drivers for the card because according to my computer the card doesn t exist So for the last few weeks I ve been running the onboard graphics so that I can still have something I can use but it really blows I tried Reseating the video card Trying a different video card Taking the battery out for a while Making sure bios is set to look for the PCI-E slot first before using onboard graphics Plugging monitor into the other port on the video card Uninstalling graphics card drivers which wouldn t let me reinstall after because it can t find my graphics card Uninstalling VGA graphics drivers Taking out the card completely for a week and trying again Took out and replaced RAM I have no money to spend so hopefully there is a way to fix it myself but I am assuming I m going to have to start saving up for a new motherboard Please help Thanks Obediah Heres a link to my specs I know that the power supply is a bit low but its been working all this time and it everything else seems to be working fine Also someone asked me for my v reading once when I told them about this and its x x meaning the last digit was bouncing around http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:No signal/Video card not found.

just a suggestion, card is likely fried, i keep old cheap cards for spares for this situation any and i mean any old thing pcie will do as much cheaper to try the graphics than go down the mobo route
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIDEO-GRAPHIC...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item2a090db02a

as an example last one i got for 99p
its possible to try to get a refund for the card which came with the comp, they are supposed to last more than 2 yrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-video-card-not-found.941280/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have what seems to be from looking at the forums a fairly common problem with installing a new graphics card I have been using the on board graphics on my computer since my previous card failed This was a Nvidia PCI-Express card and when new worked as soon as it was plugged in and the drivers installed I have just tried fitting an Asus EAH PCI-Express Gb GDDR card but I cannot get a video signal to the monitor on booting up either from the new card or from the motherboard video socket I have updated the bios without getting it to work I have tried every combination of settings in the bios with the on-board graphics disabled and drivers removed but with no success All the Nvidia drivers were removed when I had to do a clean reinstall Windows XP some time ago As soon as the new card is removed the computer starts up normally with the onboard graphics My computer is as follows - New graphics no signal card video Motherboard Intel D GAV with the latest bios Processor Intel New graphics card - no video signal Pentium GHz Memory MB On-board Graphics Intel G Express Chipset Family Power Supply Eagle DR-B ATX - W V - A V - A New graphics card - no video signal V - A In the bios setup there are three sections relating to PCI configuration PCI Configuration where all four PCI slots are set on Auto Video Configuration with the choice of PCIE Graphics PEG Ext PCI Graphics and Auto PCI Express Configuration with the choice of setting PCIE x Link Retrain to either Enabled Disabled or GFX Card Dispite doing a fair amount of checking before purchase I am now concerned that I have bought a graphics card that is not compatible with the motherboard The Power supply is slightly under the W recommended by the manufacturer but would this cause the complete lack of any video signal Sorry to ramble on but can anyone please throw some light on my problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-no-video-signal.162149/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a circuit Fried input ethernet Dell XPS Bit with Windows Vista SP I get DSL internet via Frontier high speed internet service Recently my house was struck by lightning and the ethernet input in the computer got fried The computer Fried ethernet input circuit still works fine offline but no connection can be established between the computer and the Frontier modem for internet service Frontier techs verified that their modem is good and that the problem is the computer s ethernet input circuit I took my problem to Best Buy and was told by their techs that Dell XPS hardwires their ethernet inputs to the motherboard and that it will cost a couple hundred dollars to have them remove the Fried ethernet input circuit old input circuit and solder in a replacement Instead they recommended a small USB device that plugs into the computer and talks to the Frontier modem and uses it s wifi function to convert the computer to a wireless connection I tried it and sure enough it works although at a slower speed than the original ethernet connection At a shopping mall computer kiosk I just learned that there are fairly cheap ethernet replacement cards that are available which will provide a work around solution to the fried card without having to remove the defective card These cards supposedly restore the original DSL speed The tech told me to be sure and look for a full duplex card Can anyone shed any light on any of this and possibly make some recommendations

A:Fried ethernet input circuit

What's your download speed from the internet?

Also, do you know what type of USB port you were using? USB 2.0?

Also, what is the bandwidth of the USB ethernet card? 54Mbps?

Any new NICs (Network Interface Cards) should work at both full and half duplex and will be auto negotiated by your router so don't worry too much about that.

As for this 'work around' card, how does it connect to the laptop?

Unless you are using a USB 1.0 your internet connection speed should not be affected with your connection being the bottleneck which is normal. That being said you may experience slower transfer speeds between local machines on your LAN.

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300939-fried-ethernet-input-circuit.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently purchased a Chaintech Geforce FX MB DDR AGP X X video card from newegg com Additional stats Core clock MHz D-SUB DirectX DirectX DVI Max Resolution input/check after display won't Monitor cables) new card install video (no x Hz Memory Clock MHz OpenGL OpenGL TV Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install Tuner No TV-Out S-Video Out VIVO No I ve been using an old Geforce MB card don t have the specifics at the moment and it was working fine albeit sub-par for new games namely Guild Wars I m using an ASUS A V Socket A motherboard MHz FSB AGP Pro X if you need any other info or specs let me know and I ll provide what I can Long story short I correctly and safely removed the old card input the new card and nothing happens My monitor says quot no input check cables quot Obviously something is going on with this card I m not sure if the problem is with the card itself or its compatibility with my motherboard I m not a genius when it comes to pc hardware that s why I m here and basically I have two questions If this video card can work with my motherboard what do I need to do to get it to work If this video card cannot work with my motherboard what s the best video card I could buy that would be compatible with what I ve got Also considering the motherboard I DO have if I indeed I need to replace this card again what should I look for so I don t order the wrong thing Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install

You didn't say whether or not you uninstalled the old graphics card driver and installed a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-no-input-check-cables-after-new-video-card-install.25930/
Relevancy 63.21%

Good day everyone I have an ATI XT mb that has worked just fine on my PC until a few days out of nothing it stopped sending the monitor signal After disconnecting power cable from the pc and replugging it seemed to work again but lately it stopped sending the signal for good I took out the video card put it back in and it worked for just a few card video loses Monitor signal minutes I ve tried booting a few times and sometimes I get the monitor signal for just a few minutes most of the time nothing at all and the mobo has error beeped a few times I ve also noticed that when I boot pc and the monitor has no video signal the pc hasn t beeped it s weird because it used to work fine and now if it Monitor loses video card signal does is just for less than minutes I Monitor loses video card signal have a DFI P mobo and a Rosewill RP - power supply Any clues on what could be the failure x in advance nbsp

A:Monitor loses video card signal

A new home from the video card?

I have had similar issues in the past when all it took was to move the video card to a different slot. Sounds as if there are issues that seem to be intermittent pointing back to the video card. I would remove the video card use a good air cleaner (bottled air if possible) clean out all slots prior to reinstalling the video and try a new slot for the video card. A frustrating issue to say the least.
Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-loses-video-card-signal.112859/
Relevancy 63.21%

Few days ago my power supply died and I got one screen, card fine signal on no video and replaced it But after I put a new one back in it started giving me a quot one long two short beeps quot and I thought it s my video card s problem when i start the computer the fan on the video card quot tries quot to turn for a second and then failed I got another working video card and put it back in the quot one long two short beeps quot is still there Some threads online suggested that it may be the problem of the RAM no signal on screen, video card fine and I tried moving the RAM to another slot there is no beep but no screen still I plugged in another RAM that works and there is no beeping but still no screen too I am pretty sure that my CPU works since I took it out and put it into another computer anyone has any idea what s wrong nbsp

A:no signal on screen, video card fine

One long and two short is video failure in every brand of BIOS I know of. I might suspect RAM but only in situations where the on-board video is using system RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-on-screen-video-card-fine.680091/
Relevancy 63.21%

Obviously this is my first time on the boards but i did do a search for this topic didn t find anything - so i apologize if can't a get display the to signal card video First computer, its been tackled before I ve searched everywhere else I can think of so hopefully you guys can help Basically I have a Radeon on an ASUS p p deluxe motherboard First computer, can't get the video card to display a signal in the AGP slot with a Pentium and meg of DDR RAM Nothing else is attached yet so no other perephials could be the culprits The system powers on just fine but I First computer, can't get the video card to display a signal m getting no display from my card to my monitor which makes setting up BIOS a little bit of a pain I m not sure if the MB doesn t realize its there Also I m not getting any beeps from the bios although I do believe the speaker pin is properly connected I ve checked to make sure everything is seated correctly and the video card is in place I ve also tried my roommates monitor but alas to no avail Any suggestions would be SO greatly appreciated its been a frustrating day In any case I m most likely missing something insanely simple so if anyone would so kindly point out my screwups I d be much obliged little nbsp

A:First computer, can't get the video card to display a signal

Your mobo has a POST reporter. Can you switch that ON with a jumper? If so, LISTEN to what the mobo says if you can't SEE anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-cant-get-the-video-card-to-display-a-signal.10465/
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently installed a new hard drive in my computer and got the computer up and running. I installed Windows 98(2nd ed.) and I decided to take a break, so I shut the computer down for a few minutes and when I turned it back on, the Monitor was not receiving a signal. I had another computer here so I hooked it up to the monitor and turned it on and it worked fine. I know by that, that there isn't a problem with the Monitor, it is something with the computer. Someone suggested that the video card went out, could this be the problem?? If so, the video card is built into the motherboard, can I buy another video card that would be installed into a PCI slot or do I have to replace the motherboard???? Please HELP!!

A:Monitor not receiving signal--video card???

If it has the video built into the motherboard, you will need to install the driver for that. You should have a system disk that came with the motherboard to do just that. If not we will need to know what motherboard you have to help you find the driver.

If it is a name brand computer the make and model number may be enough to find it.

Welcome To TSG!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-receiving-signal-video-card.119137/
Relevancy 63.21%

ok heres the problem "MY MONITOR DONT RESPONSE" after i switch ram last night but first 2 time i failed to insert the 2 ram correctly so it make a big "CAAAKAAKACAKKA" sound on the tower. Then when i inserted corretly after few time monitor dont work anymore no signal or anything (i try myself to be as careful as i can), so is it that the video card is damaged??? or whats the problem??? i have try to insert different ram but none function *monitor ~ no input signal ~ monitor going to sleep*

im sure my monitor work properly and i have all cable connected tight.

A:Monitor no signal ~ video card broke?

Try another monitor.......are the fans spinning....can you hear the hard drive spin up

Try to see if yiou can get into safemode..........it maybe that you fried the motherboard also

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-no-signal-video-card-broke.797875/
Relevancy 63.21%

A couple of years ago I built my parents a simple desktop for email and web One of my friends had an extra video card laying around video ports VGA Can't a or signal card out of motherboard get on that I threw in because why not Recently I got a call from them that one of the fans was making a strained noise I should have told them to discontinue use because a short while later I got a call saying it wouldn t boot When the power Can't get a signal out of VGA ports on motherboard or video card button Can't get a signal out of VGA ports on motherboard or video card is pressed the machine gives all the signs of booting - lights come on both fans on the motherboard and the video card start running turns out it s the video card fan that was making the noise - it s still strained However no signal is sent to the monitor Things I ve done Made sure all connections Can't get a signal out of VGA ports on motherboard or video card inside are secure Removed the video card and attached VGA cable to motherboard output Confirmed that the cable and monitor work properly Checked the motherboard for signs of being fried burn marks damaged capacitors I didn t find any obvious damage Here things go beyond my experience and I could really use help Is there anything obvious I m missing nbsp

A:Can't get a signal out of VGA ports on motherboard or video card

From what you have done, the motherboard has died...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-a-signal-out-of-vga-ports-on-motherboard-or-video-card.178254/
Relevancy 63.21%

I teach a computer class at a local high school and had a student build his own system Following is the components we signal Monitor from Card lost Video installed all from Newegg Intel BOXDP SG LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Monitor lost signal from Video Card - Retail Item N E Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q - Retail Item N E RAIDMAX RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail Item N E A-DATA GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model HY I B KN - Retail Item N E SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail Item N E Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit for System Builders - OEM Item N E Hanns G Hi- DPB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail Item N E HITACHI A TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - OEM Item N E LG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH LS - OEM Item N E RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX- WB Black mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Retail Item N E We purchased two of the video cards with aspirations of setting up a Crossfire system While waiting for the bridges to come in separate order we installed one card to set up the system and software After installing the drivers for the cards we started to have problems losing the monitor signal The first two or three times a restart solved the problem The forth time it happend we lost the signal altogether We took out the original card and tried the other one no luck We tried both cards in both PCI-express slots no luck We tried a different monitor no luck I installed my Post Card reader and got a code but have been unable to figure out what that means exactly We are out of ideas anyone else got any Thanks Brad nbsp

A:Monitor lost signal from Video Card

Funny how computer class teachers are pretty much.. nvm.

The power supply propably blew out on you. It is propably still "alive", taking its last breaths, taking the cards or the motherboard along with it.
Get a quality unit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
And after that... You may need to replace: the motherboard, one or both of the graphics cards, a slight chance that the CPU needs to be replaced too, or any combination of these.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-lost-signal-from-video-card.826865/
Relevancy 63.21%

I got a new video card, namely the Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X to replace my old (broken) video card, namely the Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Boost.

The problem is that I get no video signal when linking my new video card. The vga-led on motherboard turns on red (normally never)
I thought my motherboard is broken, but then I tried the video card (Radeon HD 6950) from my brother and he just shows video signal. (vga-led turns not on red this time on motherboard)

I would also say that on the box of my new video card is a 750 watt power supply recommended, but I only have a 600 watt power supply build in my pc.

I'm going to contact the store tomorrow, but I hope someone can help me to solve the problem.

Thanks!

A:No video signal with new video card

If you don't have the recommended power supply that's a start. Also, you're sure the card bus is compatible and all connections are good? Simply may not be getting enough power.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/50574-no-video-signal-new-video-card.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I had a problem where I turn on my computer and got no video ... I could here sound, but no video ... so I figure it was the video card. I hooked up the monitor to the mobo and got video. We had a brief power loss, and the computer shut down. A few hours later I boot it up and no video with the monitor hooked up still to the mobo video. The video card was still hooked up to the mobo. I hooked the monitor back into the video card and I got video again. Any ideas what the problem is? So far I'm still getting video from the card. This is my AMD FX computer that is in my sig.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/video-card-or-mobo.307829/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi. The description of this mobo has me wondering.

"Using the Nvidia GeForce 6100 chipset with integrated graphics in conjunction with up to 2GB?s of DDR2 memory, it?s perfect for those that don?t need a discrete graphics card."

This seems to imply that you can't add a graphics card. Am I wrong?
I was thinking of buying like a $30 video card just to improve the video that this mobo provides.

Another question, if you can add a video card, should I not get a PCIE card since this mobo runs PCIEx16 in x8 mode?

Oops, forgot to add link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130068

A:Can I use a video card with this mobo?

well to answer your main question, yes, you CAN add a video card. hence why it even has a pci-e expansion slot in the first place. it will just run it at half the speed.

and just in general...that is just a terrible...TERRRIBLE motherboard. why would you want to buy this? seeing as you want to put in a graphics card, that seems to suggest that you want to do some gaming, yes?

i've got bad news for you. that motherboard just isn't gonna cut it. the sad reality is you have to spend a minimum of 95 dollars to get a decent board. i learned that through tons of research and asking a lot of questions.

but it looks like you're just going to have to live with it i guess. you don't seem to have an awful lot of money.

30 dollars will definitely NOT get you anything that will show a significant improvement. especially not with an 8x slot. i'm not sure if you can change what it runs at. perhaps a bios edit will fix that to a full 16x. but if i were you, i would try to spend at least 180 dollars.

that seems like a crap lot. but another sad realization i've come to is that if you want to game these days, you'll HAVE to shell out at least that much to get even a half decent card. that much will buy you one of two video cards. one is the radeon x1950. and the other is the ati radeon 3850. the 3850 is just under top of the line, and it offers decent performance. and it will fit that slot.

IF you can try to up your cash flow, and find the money for it, the only foreseeable upgrades you'll need to make in the future are a motherboard upgrade, a processor upgrade, and RAM upgrade. that's just about it.

if you buy a cheap piece of crap now, you'll wish you had waited and bought a better one.

not to mention if you go with really cheap now, you'll just end up having to spend more money sooner to upgrade to a better card. with how fast graphics are improving, any cheap piece of junk is going to be left in the dirt VERY quickly.

the only decent cards these days are the following:

geforce 7800
geforce 7900
geforce 8600
geforce 8800

radeon x1950
radeon HD 2900xt
radeon 3850
radeon 3870

the prices vary, so look around on newegg or tigerdirect.

i'd STRONGLY...STRONGLY suggest going with a card from the aforementioned list. because 1, you won't find a good graphics chip for 30 dollars. and 2, it won't improve your gaming experience. in fact, the 30 dollars cards maybe so outdated that they'll make it worse. that built in 6100 can do quite a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-a-video-card-with-this-mobo.94482/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm building my second computer. My question.. My motherboard uses DDR2 do I need a video card that also uses DDR2?

A:Mobo & Video Card

Welcome to Techspot.

The system ram and the GPU ram do not need to be the same. I.e., you CAN use a GPU with DDR3 (for example) on a computer using DDR2 system memory without problem. The two are not related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-video-card.64262/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

Just got Xp Home ed. Went throught the compatability test and found a problem with my video card

It is a NVidia GeForce II MX 100/200 and I am running an AMD K6 400 processor with just under 300mb of RAM (and 30g hd)

XP says that the Video card and MoBo (socket 7 by the way)

Heres the message I get:
Conflicting Devices
Setup has detected an incompatibility between your video card &
computer's mainboard. Because of this, your computer may not
start up after the upgrade. Contact the manufacturer of your
hardware for technical assistance.
I cant find a thing on the video cards site.. Any help would be appreciated..

A:Xp -Video card and MOBo

Try going here and downloading a Windows XP/2000 patch for all NVidia Cards: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_30.82

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-video-card-and-mobo.95651/
Relevancy 63.21%

Currently I am looking for a video card that supports DX 9 and can later be changed for vista when needed. I still find that it's to early for vista and won't change until I find necessary. Same goes for the Mobo. Should I wait and see if there will be boards supporting XP when DDR3 drops in price? I found this video card on tiger direct:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2447692&CatId=1560

Or should I go for the extra money and buy this:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1646806&CatId=1560

Help please?

Relevancy 62.78%

Just purchased a new Radeon HD 5550 PCI-E 2.1 video card. My mobo has onboard VGA but i want to add a video card to improve graphics. on the box of this particular gpu, it states the system requirements are a "PCI-E complient motherboard with one X16 graphics slot"

According to my mobo specs, i have one PCI-E X16 slot, which makes my mobo eligible to put in a GPU such as this one. My PSU is 450W, the required for the GPU is at least 400W.

When i hookup my GPU i get no signal from my monitor, even if i connect my VGA cable up on the on-board VGA port. when i remove my GPU from it's slot, instantly i receive signal from my monitor and my onboard VGA.

What could be the issue?

Thanks in Advance!

Relevancy 62.78%

First of all here are some specifications MOTHERBOARD ASUS P GC-MX PROCESSOR Intel Core Duo E GHz RAM X MB DDR - PC - VIDEO CARD RADEON X PRO PCI-E MB POWER SUPPLY W So I bought the motherboard processor ram and powersupply new a few months ago and finally got around to building the PC I ve built PCs before but I followed the instructions anyway and made sure PCI-E from or Monitor video receiving signal not card VGA onboard all the connections were made in the right places But my CRT monitor my LCD is broken at the moment is not receiving the video signal from either the onboard VGA or the PCI-E card which I bought new a couple of years ago I tried removing and reinserting the RAM removing everything nonessential removing and reinserting the CMOS battery and clearing the BIOS forgive my Monitor not receiving video signal from onboard VGA or PCI-E card improper terminological grammar and nothing seems to be working I don t hear any beeps or sounds at all and the Monitor not receiving video signal from onboard VGA or PCI-E card monitor light simply blinks as it does when Monitor not receiving video signal from onboard VGA or PCI-E card the computer is off I tried using my older motherboard ABIT IP- and the CRT receives the signal from both the onboard VGA as well as the PCI-E from that one There is a light on the motherboard which lights up to confirm that it is receiving power So what s the problem here I should mention one other thing too because it may or may not be related When using my older motherboard the computer boots to the Windows Vista screen and even occasionally lets me use Windows for a little while - mins but then simply reboots electrical problem perhaps When I touch the case I feel a slight shock sometimes I ve tried keeping the case both on the table as well as on the ground same thing happens so for now I m just wearing rubber slippers More info on electricity Where I live they use V and I ve made sure to adjust the powersupply for that I ve also tried V with a converter that I have my American CRT only works on but that doesn t seem to make any difference Also this powersupply is new and the older powersupply worked just fine too it was W I hope this isn t an information overload but as you can see I ve considered quite a few things and spent many hours configuring and reconfiguring with this stuff This hardware wasn t OEM either since I bought them separately and I made sure of the compatibility So is this a hardware failure or an electrical problem I would prefer just an oversight on my part or at the worst the latter because I m currently living in Pakistan and the hardware here is quite a bit behind what I brought with me from the USA Hope to get some help here and thanks a lot in advance for any advice at all PS I already looked through google but couldn t find anything that helped me out nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Dear, Tech Guy Support. I've been experiancing problems running my computer recently, I've been getting, 'No Signal' and "Mode Not Supported," on my moniter. I believe it's my video card (ATI 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro) because when this message occurs, my computer is still running, except that moniter doesn't display anything and that when I reboot a windows error message about video card pops up.

The message is as follows: Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown. Microsoft Windows detected a possible device failure. The driver for the display was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please check with the device manufacturer for a driver update.

However the message doesn't always occur when I reboot oddly enough. I've updated my drivers for my ATI card, my BIOs and my AGP slot however the problem persists. Please advise me on how to resolve this particular issue, THANKS.

Relevancy 62.35%

My motherboard is going bad (i believe) and I need help choosing a new Motherboard and video card to go with it as i am not to knowledgable on this subject. I have a cheap Video card now so i want a new one of those too. I don't want something very expensive but i also don't want cheap, so something intermidiate. Here is what i currently have:
ABIT NF7 Motherboeard
AMD Athlon 2.08GHz Socket A
(2) Corsair 256MB DDR RAM

I might want new RAM as well so please give me some recommendations. All advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi
I have an Intel D865GBF mobo and I can get a Radeon X1600 Pro 256mb AGP video card for a reasonable price. Is the video card compatible with the mobo? How do I find this out?

A:Video Card compatibility / mobo

Most of the old 865 chipset boards are AGP, so it probably is. That's a good card. You can check the INTEL website to be exact.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-compatibility-mobo.65550/