Windows Support Forum

Solved: Changing out a laptop processor

Q: Solved: Changing out a laptop processor

I m looking for an ultraportable laptop for mostly simple tasks but I will also need it Solved: a processor Changing laptop out for more taxing software like photoshop and premiere pro I ve found this Asus UL A-X that will fulfill most Solved: Changing out a laptop processor of my requirements gb of ram under lbs long - hrs battery life but it has a meager Ghz processor The current processor in the machine is the su and I would like to replace that with something like the sl for the extra power I am wondering firstly if it would be physically possible to open the laptop and replace the processor because I have never worked on a laptop before Secondly I am wondering how drastic the effect would be on the hours of advertised battery life I would like it to run for at least hours Lastly would the machine be able to handle the extra heat given off In my search for a laptop this Asus with a faster processor is the best match I can come up with to meet my demanding requirements Of course I would ideally like to purchase a laptop without having to replace parts so any suggestions for a completely different laptop would be even more appreciated than an answer to my processor questions If this isn t possible I think I m going to compromise on the weight for the lb macbook pro quot because it otherwise meets my requirements despite my preference for the windows OS I m lost so thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Changing out a laptop processor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Changing out a laptop processor

Laptops have limited upgradeability, and the processor is an area that generally shouldn't be upgraded. Laptops will only support a small set of processor upgrades. If you think you can buy a low-end laptop and pop in a high-end processor, you're seriously mistaken. The board won't handle it. The chassis won't handle it. "Opening" a laptop involves removing dozens of tiny screws of all different sizes and removing many small, fragile, pieces of plastic. Most people lose or damage at least one part when disassembling a laptop. And of course doing so completely voids the warranty, so if you break something, you're out the cost to replace or repair it.

Buy a laptop that actually meets your needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-out-a-laptop-processor.928736/
Relevancy 61.92%

I wan to change my Labtops processor to intel i7 but im not sure whether or not my motherboard or if anything supports it
SATELLITE L755-S5244

Thats my computer
http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3025240

I want to upgrade this to 2.8ghz please and thank you for your guys support

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

Is the socket type the main thing to look out for if getting a better processor or APU for a laptop, provided you are not running some ancient hardware that the processor wouldn't talk to......?

Thanks guys, I like this forum

A:Solved: what you need to know for a laptop processor upgrade

Two main things: 1) socket type 2) BIOS support

OEM makers often only support specific cpu's on a given model line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-you-need-to-know-for-a-laptop-processor-upgrade.1107822/
Relevancy 52.89%

At Dell, I can get a Vostro laptop. I want a duo core processor. Should I avoid the Sempron or Athlon processor, and go with the Intel? I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if it will be less hassle in the long run.
Windows XP is considered a downgrade, but I have to pay extra for it. Gotta love that. But I read all the complaints about Vista, I know I don't need that.
Jeeze, should I consider a Mac?

Relevancy 52.89%

also will pc ram fit in my laptop?cheers

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i have a gateway p7803h. I'll put the link so you guys can see. http://ncix.com/products/?sku=41624

So the laptop is great, pretty fast, no lag on games, and does pretty much everything I want. i'm just wondering if the laptops processor can be upgraded. I'd love to bump up processor speed to make the laptop even better than it is. I just couldn't find online or in the manual if it can be upgraded. If so please let me know, thanks. And also if it can, i'd love to hear people's recommendations on what to upgrade to.

A:Solved: Help On Gateway Laptop Processor Upgrade

Probably not. They are generally soldered right to the board. Laptops are not really meant for gaming, though a few are designed specifically for that purpose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-on-gateway-laptop-processor-upgrade.1047549/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i want to change my 1.5 processor to my 3.4ghz pentium 4 processor.How can i do it is it as simple as just taking one out and putting the other one in place.Can anyone please explain what the processors look like so i can swap them and where they are located and how to move them.Also ive got an audigy sound card and what to put it into another computer so i dont have any disks or anything to install so how do i do it.And how do i put a dvd rw drive in to replace the old cd rw please explain all of the above thanks for your help.

Relevancy 52.03%

I currently have a P-II 266mhz processor. I recieved a P-III 500 mhz processor from a buddy. Can I use this on my Existing board with out frying my computer?

[Edited by kasjr2 on 03-28-2001 at 04:48 PM]

Relevancy 52.03%

i want to update my processor go from a dual core to a quad core is that possible?

Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings folks,

I'm looking to change my processor from an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ (Socket 939). I don't intend to change from the current cooling arrangement, but am not sure about the thermal compound. When changing the processor, will I need to get and apply new thermal compound?

Relevancy 52.03%

hey everyone, im changing my processor but i need a bit of help!

currently my processor is a:-

socket 478
CPU Speed : 2.66GHz
Bus Speed: 533MHz
L2 cache speed: 512kb

this is what i am planning to change to:

socket 478 (obviously )
cpu speed: 3.20GHz
Bus Speed: 800Mhz
L2 cache speed 1MB

however, this is what i am worried about.. ive read that To obtain the FSB of your Processor, a compatible motherboard that can support the Bus speed must be used and this is what it says in my mainboard manual:-

"supports socket 478 for P4/celeron processors with 400/533MHz"
AND
"Core Frequency from 1.8GHZ to 2.8GHz and up"

for quote number 1.. does it mean i wont be able to get a bus speed of 800MHz as my motherboard can only support up to 533MHz ?
for quote number 2.. will i be able to get 3.2GHz from this new processor?

thanks in advance!

Relevancy 52.03%

We are moving to smaller accommodation and considering changing from a full computer to a laptop to save space. Can anyone advise on the 'best' laptops available at the moment?
I am currently using Windows XP and Microsoft office Pro 2003 with Microsoft Outlook for emails; I have recently started using Google Chrome rather than Microft Explorer for accessing the net, which I find more user friendly and less 'cluttered' than Explorer.
I would also like to be able to connect to a peripheral keyboard on occasions for typing long documents (have been a typist since the 1960s. Aaagh!!).

Any pointers on brand, capacity, flexibility would be really welcome as when I Google for information, I mostly get ads! Hope this all doesn't sound too vague...

Thanks a lot,
Athena12

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys. Two questions really.

First one is, can i replace a i3-370M with an i3-390M with the same socket type?

Second, how do you detach the cpu from the board...???

Relevancy 51.6%

I attempted to search the net for such answers only to be bombbarded with bloated reviews Thought i would ask the professionals I am buying a cheap gaming laptop for my son Unfortunaly i cannot do all the upgrades i would like for it and have to choose between cpu and graphics Question is which This list below is the Games he plays most mainly cc and want him to run them above all if possible So help me pick which to upgrade CPU or GRAPHICS CARD Opinion vs graphics : Laptop processor card Solved: Command and conquer Tiberian Solved: Opinion : Laptop processor vs graphics card Wars this is a must Never Winter nights not to worried about if cannot run this My choices between graphics card and CPU is Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz MB Cache MHz FSB currently Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz MB Cache MHz FSB choice A MB ATI Mobility Radeon X currently MB NVidia GeForce Go Choice B I can only choose and it is either Choice A or Choice B which would work for what i want Thanks Dennis nbsp

A:Solved: Opinion : Laptop processor vs graphics card

Hey,

What's the processor in the laptop at the moment? If it's lower than 1.6GHZ, then according to the CC3 requirements a processor upgrade would be much more beneficial than a graphics card upgrade. If the processor exceeds 1.6GHZ then a graphics card upgrade would be ideal for what the computer will be used for - but before you purchase anything please get back and let us know the full specifications for the computer or a link to the laptop in question.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-opinion-laptop-processor-vs-graphics-card.637105/
Relevancy 51.6%

Help please.. I would like to change my old Pentium 1 to a pentium 2 chip is this just a straight swap over job or do I have to mess around with the bios?????

A:changing my processor chip?????

You also have to replace the motherboard! The P1 and P2 are totally different chips, and they are not pin compatible. The P2 was usually a slot mounted affair, at least the ones I've used are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-my-processor-chip.134133/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have noticed that my processor, which is a 850 Mhz has been detected lately as a 700 Mhz. Why is this?

Is this the new value? What can I do?? Please help!!

(Info obtained by clicking on Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.)

I use MS Windows 2000.

Help!! Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello the unknowing one again I am still upgrading bit by bit my older PC The mobo is a Gigabyte IXE about or so years old I added in a new video card and now I m looking at the processor Gigabyte says the max processor is either an AMD Athlon G FSB or an AMD Duron G FSB http www giga-byte com Motherboard Support CPUSupportList CPUSupportList GA- IXE htm I know that Athlons are supposed to be better performing that the Durons However the only Athlon G I found was on pricewatch and was Local stores have the G Duron but dont carry the Athlon anyways probably gonna go with the G Duron My question is how difficult is it to change a processor I chip Changing a processor was told that its Changing a processor chip as simple as pop old chip out put new chip in but I m always very weary when someone says its simple Any input guides you can recommend Thanks again nbsp

A:Changing a processor chip

I would check ww.Ebay.com for that processor, use this link Ebay 1.4Ghz Athlons . I got an Athlon 1.4Ghz 266Mhz FSB for $42 there about 6 months ago. You would have to be really lucky to find that processor online anywhere else for under $100. Installing a processor is very easy but you have to be careful with the pins on it and when you reinstall the heatsink on it. It literaly is Plug-n-Play. Make sure you use some kind of thermal paste like Artic Silver on top of the processor between it and the heatsink.

P.S. Dont get the Duron, even though its 1.3Ghz your 900Mhz Athlon still outperforms it in most things like games.:grinthumb Also, if a 266Mhz FSB one is cheaper to get you should be able to use that but it will just run at 200Mhz FSB on your motherboard, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-a-processor-chip.7704/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have problems with my printing jobs. My topic is
http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...tml#post596850
I'm thinking about to change the print processor who actually is HPPRN05 and put in a WinPrint. Do I have to save any system information before? is there any danger to change the printer processor of a TCP/IP network printer connected with another one to the same HPJetDirect?. Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/139846-changing-print-processor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have problems with my printing jobs. My topic is
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/677221-problems-network-printers.html#post5555673
I'm thinking about to change the print processor who actually is HPPRN05 and put in a WinPrint. Do I have to save any system information before? is there any danger to change the printer processor of a TCP/IP network printer connected with another one to the same HPJetDirect?. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-print-processor.694164/
Relevancy 51.17%

Purchased a new laptop battery for DELL INSPIRON D8000. IT shows up on control panel as Battery #2, Battery #1 shows as uninstalled. How do I make the new battery the #1 battery .?

A:Solved: Changing Laptop battery from #2 to #1

I believe it tracks them by serial number. So if you install yet another battery, it will show up as battery #3.

It doesn't affect operation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-laptop-battery-from-2-to-1.1070353/
Relevancy 50.74%

I will be moving to an X38 chipset and a 45nm quad core soon from my E6600 and P965 chipset. Will I need to re-install Vista Ultimate x64?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I am going to change my motherboard, processor and RAM. However, I will be using the same HDD. Is it necessary to re-install the OS after I have set up the rig? I am using the drivers that come with Windows 8, so driver compatibility ought not to be a problem.
Thanks in advance!

A:Keeping old OS while changing mobo and processor

Short answer--New Motherboard=New License Key if you have an OEM OS version. Sorry

The reason is your license key is embedded in your BIOS, and the BIOS is embedded with the MOBO.

If you paid for a license key separately then you can use the OS with the new MOBO but you should do a clean install because all the drivers will be wrong and it probably won't even boot.

EDIT:
You could try to put the drive as-is into the new machine, boot off the Win8 installation media, and do a repair install. This will search for drivers that match the current hardware
Three notes:
1) Clone the drive first so that, in case of damage, you still have your data.
2) You will probably have to phone Microsoft to re-activate the copy of the OS. They've been decent about it with others.
3) If it works, immediately go to the Microsoft Update site and see what updates are needed for the drivers that you just installed

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65266-keeping-old-os-while-changing-mobo-processor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Sorry, double post check my other thread please until I find out how to delete my posts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-changing-processor-motherboard.582479/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have an OEM version of Win Pro x DVD I Win License - Motherboard 7 Changing Processor OEM & purchased from Newegg in I installed it Win 7 OEM License - Changing Motherboard & Processor on my Intel DX SO i - which I subsequently upgraded the processor to i - I plan to upgrade my motherboard and processor again to an Intel DX SO i - x I'm also going to replace my Seagate Barracuda GB SATA hdds presently in Intel RST RAID which are out of warranty -year with two new -year warranty Seagate Constellation TB SATA hdds configured in a Marvell RAID mirror I'll use the Barracuda Intel RST RAID volume as my back-up disk Will I have MS license issues when I do a clean install of my OEM Win onto the upgraded system I'm wondering if I'll have activation problems I've changed the motherboard before but with the same processor and model motherboard and there didn't seem to be an issue I've done this with an OEM copy of Win XP in the past and didn't have any issues I'm not installing the same OS product key on more than one system I'm just moving or reinstalling the OS to an upgraded hardware system Regards

A:Win 7 OEM License - Changing Motherboard & Processor

If you change the motherboard to a different model or manufacturer technically the OEM version cannot be activated as it is tied to the motherboard. However, I know Microsoft has made some exceptions.

I'm facing the same thing right now. I suspect a problem with my motherboard. I have another to replace it but it is a different vendor and I'm afraid Microsoft will not activate it. I've considered an "anytime upgrade" from Home to Pro version but I don't know if that will change the OEM version into a full version. So, I'm stuck.

XP was different and the process was much more lenient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340228-win-7-oem-license-changing-motherboard-processor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am planning on binning my pc. I have just bought a laptop and currently connect through my wireless modem. The problem is my netgear wizard is on the pc and im not sure how to get it onto the laptop. I don't have an install disc for it.
If i uninstall it from pc will all the settings be wiped.
Im sure i installed it through sky broadband

Relevancy 50.31%

Current system is a Pent. 2 350...I now have a better Mobo(Abit BF6) and CPU(P3 500) already with it's own case and tested.

I have 2 years+ worth of stuff on the HDD, that I do not wish to re-install and/or download.

What steps should I do 1st? Should I just put my HDD(Seagate 30G), and (AGP)GeForce 2 video card in 1st, let Wiondows(98) "find them" and go from there, or what?

Someone "told me" that I could just take every peripheral and connect them to the new(er) mobo and Windows would "find the new(er) mobo" and "take care of the rest".

What are my best choices...without reformatting?

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Compaq Presario T P Socket here that I am having trouble putting a processor into It came originally with a -MHz that died I put a into it and I got an error on boot that I needed a BIOS update Processor Compaq 8000T Presario Changing in to support the new clocking and I had to press F to continue the boot After that everything worked fine The quot Press F to Continue quot message was annoying so I removed that processor and returned it I later installed a BIOS update and inserted a -MHz The F message is Changing Processor in Compaq Presario 8000T now gone but the is running at MHz Compaq is no help as I didn t get the processor from them The processors aren t available at a reasonable price they are rare and seem to all cost more than a and I just can t seem to bring myself to pay that premium for the chip I considered a -MHz processor but with the problems Changing Processor in Compaq Presario 8000T I ve had with the I m not sure I want to spend over a hundred dollars and find more problems A processor would solve the problem but I can t find them priced reasonably Does anyone here have any suggestions nbsp

A:Changing Processor in Compaq Presario 8000T

Never mind. I found a 2200 at a reasonable price at Spartan Technologies for about $130.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-processor-in-compaq-presario-8000t.225604/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am thinking about helping my friend install a new motherboard and processor while keeping all of the other components he has. I read on another board that you can go the Device Manager and uninstall everything, swap the board and processor, and then when you boot install the correct drivers.

Is this possible? I don't know if his install of XP is OEM or not. If it is, I think a reformat would be necessary with a non-OEM XP disc.

Any thoughts?

A:When changing motherboard and processor, is XP re-install always required?

mine worked fine when i changed the motherboard and cpu but eventually after backing up my data, i did do a clean installation just to get the kinks out. you dont have to but it is recommended so you can get the most out of your hardware. i did mine backwards for some strange reason, best way would be to backup now and then change the hardware and reinstall.

note my cpu stayed a amd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-changing-motherboard-and-processor-is-xp-re-install-always-required.57124/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a HP Pavillion ze 4900 that is quite old. Someone just gave it to me because it has needed numerous repairs recently. The HD is bad now also. I just ordered a new one, but need to know how to install it. I can't seem to find it on the HP website.
Thanks, Ruth

A:Solved: changing hard drive in older laptop

1)Go here:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...query=Pavillion+ze+4900&submit.x=7&submit.y=7

2)Select your "notebook" from the list.
3)On the next page select "Manuals".
4)On the next page select the "Maintenance and Service Guide"

Note: The manuals are in pdf format. You will need "acrobat reader" or "foxit reader" to view the manual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-hard-drive-in-older-laptop.670996/
Relevancy 50.31%

Within the past few days I noticed my laptop's keep symptoms xp running pro slowly, laptop [SOLVED] changing very fan always running high As I tried to determine the cause I noticed the following in order of discovery --IE address bar missing though checked Searched found fix That much is working now --When I click My Computer flashlight displays for up to a minute before drives display --Typing an address in IE and hitting GO or lt ENTER gt seems not to work but after a minute [SOLVED] xp pro laptop running very slowly, symptoms keep changing or so site comes up --Windows updates won't run --Trying to pull down address history takes up to a minute to dispay --Using Google sites come up immediately I have run [SOLVED] xp pro laptop running very slowly, symptoms keep changing Adaware Spybot and my McAfee AV scan The only thing found were tracking cookies I have run the five steps and include requested logs Thank you in advance for your assistance adaniel Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Administrator on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Unable to create WMI object The operation completed successfully Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Administrator exe --------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter NICServ exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C UBL bin UBLServ exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec RANT beremote exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter Gcc exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter OdHost exe C download dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Administrator exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd Info exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe s O - HKLM Run QT HPOT C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates Viru... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-xp-pro-laptop-running-very-slowly-symptoms-keep-changing-247208.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Study Guide with questions in Microsoft Works Word Processor and I wanted to fill in the answers in a different font and color. But every time I click the question I want to answer, it automatically changes to the font and color of the question. So I have to type the answers and then highlight it and change the font and color manually. I have a ton of questions to answer and it is getting to be really time consuming to have to go back and change them all manually. Is there a way to set the font and color to be locked and never change even if I click a word or line that has a different font and color?

A:Microsoft Works Word Processor Font keeps changing

Just like Word, each area can have its own font and other settings.

You are going to have to put up with this, as the author did not set up the study guide to be used in this manner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor-font-keeps-changing.949341/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Windows XP Pro SP and version of Works Now when I start up the Works word processor and I use the quot Open quot function it always opens in quot My Documents quot When I use quot WordPad quot it opens in the last folder used Is there a way to make the Works word processor act like this If not is there a way to change the default opening folder Also is there a way to change the default location where a file is saved Also since this is closely related I ll ask this When you use the Open function in the Works wp you get the quot Open quot dialog box At the bottom there is a drop down box called quot Files of type quot It always opens with quot Works Document wps If you click the drop down box one of the options is quot All Files Is there a way to change Changing default opening Works the in the folder/directory word processor it to this Thanks royeo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-opening-folder-directory-in-the-works-word-processor.593339/
Relevancy 48.16%

I m a little confused about what s going on with my PC Basically recently processor Changing extreme it :S Dell noise temps. state Inspiron 530 and fan reduces my Dell Inspiron Vista Home has been extremely noisy When I m just on the desktop there is almost no noise the fans are silent However when I play almost any game visit a site such as google maps open Microsoft Outbox or almost any other program that is a little bit tough on the system resources the fan noise increases from silent to the noisiest it could possibly be in a matter of seconds It almost seems like it s all or nothing with the fan noise it either makes no noise at all or makes a horrendous noise Dell Inspiron 530 extreme fan noise and temps. Changing processor state reduces it :S when I run just about any program All these programs never before caused Dell Inspiron 530 extreme fan noise and temps. Changing processor state reduces it :S the fan to make such a loud noise I decided to use SpeedFan to try and work out the problem There are some unusual things I have observed When I open a simple java browser game Runescape in this case the Temp reaches C This is simply on the start screen not playing the game at all However this is what really confuses me and I m sure you can make sense of it When I go to the quot Power Options quot in Control Panel click quot Change plan settings quot and go to the quot Processor power management quot section it gives me the option to change the quot Maximum processor state quot This was previously at so I changed it to and changed the quot Mininum processor state quot to Magically the sound dissappeared The Runescape start screen gave me very little fan noise and there was no noticable difference to the performance of the game If anything it ran smoother Even though Vista told me my performance should now be reduced And whats more Speedfan tells me the Temp is at a mere C So changing these settings caused a reduction of C and gave me almost silent fans from deafening ones What is going on S So I now don t have the crazy fan noise but I don t understand why I had to change the processor state options to reduce it I ve had this PC for years with it on for both min and max processor state and it has previously been fine no excessive noise This is a good temporary fix but I m worried there may be something wrong with my processor like it is reading the temperatures wrong or for some reason just pushing the fan to go fast unnecessarily Also I don t even understand what I have changed and is it safe to run the PC on these lowered settings The control panel tells me that from reducing the processor state I should now have reduced performance but I don t see any Or is this just because I am not running the really intense programs that require the full processor I d really appreciate any advice help as I m just really confused right now and not sure if I should replace the fan power source or if it s something more serious like with the processor Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 530 extreme fan noise and temps. Changing processor state reduces it :S

quick question have you tried opening up your pc and looking inside the fan and cleaning it out? that can sometimes be a cause of nosiy fans try using a vacumme cleaner and cleaning out the fan if that doesnt help then im not to sure what is wrong with it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-530-extreme-fan-noise-and-temps-changing-processor-state-reduces-it-s.935494/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all - first time poster on this forum I have a bust up fairly old Intel Celeron mhz laptop which could do with a new case shell not a bag it needs the equivalent of a new desktop tower but I don t case/processor (Laptop) Model - needed laptop AJP 6133 new number know where to find one I believe this is just a clone of similar laptops made around the same time and the model number is I was wondering if anybody knew somewhere I could purchase replacement shells cases and if they stocked a case for this computer Everything on the laptop works fine except for a dodgy monitor cable which would be fixed by moving everything into the new shell so I (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed don t intend to sell it for parts I m also quite experienced in fiddling with computers my dad s a PC engineer (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed so I ve picked up quite a bit from him and he is willing to help me get this laptop into tip top condition again I was also wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the motherboard and processor At the moment it s (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed a mhz intel celeron but I d rather go with an AMD athlon of some sort as I believe them to be generally better If anybody knows where I can purchase laptop motherboards to fit certain needs any help there would be gladly appreciated am looking for a socket A motherboard If the upgrade to Athlon is not possible I would like to know what the upgradability of my current motherboard is - I shall be looking inside the laptop within the next few days and can probably provide a number for it I think that with a few adjustments new case new processor more ram and a bigger hard disk I can get this baby up to a high standard rather than forking out a grand on a new PC Thanks for the help Matt nbsp

A:(Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed

Howdy and welcome to the Forum.

Have you contacted the Manufacturer regarding replacement parts? That's where I would start.

BUT to be honest, although you do not give all the specs of the PC, I'd be willing to bet that you could replace the whole thing with a new laptop cheaper than replacing parts like case, MOBO, Processor, RAM, and HD !!!

So unless there is some "sentimental value", like the case broke stopping a bullet shot at you by terrorists...I'd shop for a new unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-model-number-6133-ajp-laptop-new-case-processor-needed.370636/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay.. here is one of those stupid simple things I never had to do before and can't figure out how to do it.. I know it's basic.. but .. I self taught so my training skipped around a lot.. sorry!

Basically I did a graph for a yearly set of values, not yet filled in.

My boss wants these charts to show percentages through 100% even blank, but it keeps defaulting to 0.something ranges.

For the life of me I cannot remember how to do this and on my search of the site was harry in trying to figure out a decent search range. Any help is most sincerely appreciated. I have a feeling it wil be a smack my head kind of thing.

Thank you!

Relevancy 46.01%

I just finished disassembling my first laptop ever which had a broken screen due to a drunken neighbor and am wondering if / what I can use the acquired parts for? This is the laptop that I disemboweled:

Samsung NP300E5A-A01UB Review & Rating | PCMag.com

which has a better processor than the current, newer one that I am using. I also recently purchased a desktop but I definitely need to increase the size of the hdd and am wondering if the laptop hdd can be used with the desktop? I have attached pictures of what I have pulled out of the Samsung. I look forward to your responses and really appreciate the helpful knowledge and / or advice. Thank you!

(I will attach the pictures right after this post. I took them on my phone and will upload from the win7 forums app. Am currently on laptop)

Jeremy

A:hdd, processor or RAM from laptop usable in my desktop or newer laptop

Hopefully images attached to this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Oe...p=docslist_api

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340519-hdd-processor-ram-laptop-usable-my-desktop-newer-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday I bought a new mother board for my PC my Processor model is AMD Athlon II X3 440 Triple Core Processor, but after changing Mother Board in system information it's showing my Processor as AMD Phenom II 4 B40 four core processor. I don't know why it is showing like this. Is this dangerous for my hardware? I used AM2N68-AM PLUS before and now I changed M5A78L-M LX. Except this every thing else is perfect.

A:Processor info is showing wrongly in system info after changing MB

It's not dangerous, but I believe you can get it to display correctly. All you have to do is open Device Manager, right-click each entry for the CPU and choose Uninstall. When you're finished, reboot and then open Device Manager up when it's done rebooting and check the CPU again. It should be showing up correctly after that, but if not then we'll go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276482-processor-info-showing-wrongly-system-info-after-changing-mb.html
Relevancy 43%

I've been going through google, but I can't really come up with a definitive answer.

What are the differences between these two, and which is better?

Core i5 480M
Core i5 3210M

A:Which laptop processor is better?

Check using this Processor comparrison

PassMark Software - CPU Benchmark Charts

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273424-laptop-processor-better.html
Relevancy 43%

hello can anyone tell me how i can find out what speed processor is in my laptop without taking it a part it`s an ibm 560 . iv`e look in control panel systems etc.
Thanks

A:laptop processor

go to Start - run and type in msinfo32 this will give you all sorts of system information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor.74254/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone. I own a laptop, this laptop to be exact http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1161689&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

My only issue is my processor. Its suposed to be a AMD Athlon 64 3400 2.2hz(as you can read on the link I left). But when I run DXdiag, it says my processor is an 800mgz !!!

anything I can change in the bios to fix this? If I do, will my laptop be faster?

Thanks

A:Laptop Processor help :(

Instead of using DXDIAG, try CPU-Z: http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-help.398951/
Relevancy 43%

i didnt know where to go for this. i want to upgrade my Intel Centrino Duo 1.80 1.80 to something higher but i dont know a thing about changing them... heres what i know

Socket P (478)
codename merom
CHIPSET: Intel PM965 (REV.C0 whatever that means)

i looked on google and could find anything useful.
ALL INFO BY CPU-Z

A:New Laptop Processor

What is your laptop model?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274973-new-laptop-processor.html
Relevancy 43%

I just noticed that 50% of my RAM is used when Iam on standby and when Iam opening a program my processor sky rockets to 100% usage and ram is at 79%,am I infected with something?..and How can I fix this? thank you ^^

A:My laptop is using too much RAM and processor

Hello, what is your Operating System> Let's start with a scan log. Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352804/my-laptop-is-using-too-much-ram-and-processor/
Relevancy 43%

I am looking at purchasing a new Lenovo laptop for my architecture class and I dont know enough about processors. The 2 choices Lenovo gives me are 1. Intel core 2 Quad Core Extreme Processor QX9300 (2.53GHz 1066MHz 12MBL2) or 2. Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor X9100 (3.06GHz 1066MHz 6MBL2) We will be doing a lot of rendering and the upperclassmen constanly whine about extremely long rendering waits. I plan on using 6GB SDRAM and 2 320GB hard drives with the graphic being NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M 128-core CUDA parallel 1GB (dedicated). Please explain to me your choice, and with your answer the processor terminology so that I can better understand. Thank you so much for your help. You guys on here always are very helpful!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-processor-which-is-better.823245/
Relevancy 43%

I have a latitude that has an Intel Centrino 2 2.8GHz processor and have noticed that under the task manager, there is only 1 graph for processors and not 2 like in the HP DV9000 my mate has. I have WinXP on my Latitude and am of the opinion that only 1 processor is in use. Is there any way I can correct this without performing an uninstall? I do not have the key for my XP as my dvds were stolen.

HELP!!!!!!!

A:Laptop Processor

I do not have the key for my XP as my dvds were stolen.Click to expand...

You should be able to create Recovery DVDs from the HP recovery Manager - although on HP I suspect they only allow you to do this once
I would call HP Support to get a new set or how to crrate new ones - you may well need these later in the life of the machine.

Exact Model of the Machine -

Goto
Start
Control Panel
System
Hardware Tab
Device Manager
Under processors - How many listed

post back the results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor.893350/
Relevancy 43%

Hello there!

I have a laptop that I want to make faster (be able to play game like league of legends and team fortress 2 better).

I have a HP Pavilion g7 notebook PC with windows 8. My current processor is a AMD A4-4300M APU with radeon HD graphics (2 CPU'S) ~2.5GHz.
I have a 4096MB RAM memory.

I was wondering if I could buy a better processor or if my processor is stuck to my motherboard. If so, what processor can I buy to make it faster and how do I install it? I have about 150 euros available so price doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance!

A:New processor for my laptop

The only hardware upgrade option you have is to add more RAM, but that likely won't improve your gaming experience.

If you want to play hard-core games in a laptop, you need to buy one that's intended for that purpose and not for normal use.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-processor-for-my-laptop.1142690/
Relevancy 43%

I want to upgrade my processor which is currently core i3 i want to upgrade the processing with high core likes i5 or i7 from where can i buy and which proccessor are supproted by my laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-processor/td-p/5705109
Relevancy 43%

I am looking for a processor for one of our laptops. It is an Intel Pentium III 1200/256/133/1.475
Full Specs.
Processor type Intel Pentium III
Processor core Tualatin
Part number BX80530C1200256
RK80530PZ009256
Processor markings 1200/256/133/1.475?
Package type 370-pin FC-PGA2
Socket/Slot type Socket 370
Processor speed (MHz) 1200
Bus speed (MHz) 133
L2 cache size (KB) 256
Core voltage (V) 1.5
Core Steppings tA1
CPUID 06B1h
ECC/Non-ECC ECC

I actually need two of them. I had one that went bad from our laptop cart and while troubleshooting I ruined another one. But at least I found the problem. Now to get what I need. I tried tiger direct.
We can not purchase from Ebay being a school. We need a company to deal with.
Any help.
Thanks

A:Laptop Processor

I have used this company alot for cpu's with no problems. Here is a link to the cpu you state is needed. http://www.starmicro.net/detail.aspx?ID=97

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor.501116/
Relevancy 43%

Hi.
I made some clean-up from this thread couple months ago:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/966860-hp-laptop-hardisk-always-running-4.html

It really helped but the laptop is getting slower and slower and now the processor run 100% for long before it goes to about 50% none stop....

I ran the step by step from the thread up here but nothing changed. thanks again to
flavallee
for help.

Relevancy 42.57%

I know this may seem small, but I have a good buddy that is buying an alienware laptop Area 51 extreme and he cannot decide between a p4 3.4Ghz with a 512K cache and a p4 3.2 Ghzwith 2.5Meg cache. Which will give him better performance on the latest and greatest games. There is a $600 difference between the 2 with the larger cache laptop being more expencive.

Thanks

A:Help on Alienware Laptop which processor

The one with the larger cache will obviously give you the better performance. If the caches were the same you would notice little or no difference in performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-alienware-laptop-which-processor.220917/
Relevancy 42.57%

hp1840 (U3E1) mother board i am having in my laptop with i3-2370 processor, is it possible to change the processor which will compatible to the mother board? please help me out if, and its has  radeon 2gb graphic card as well still works slow.  Manufacturer Hewlett-PackardModel 1840 (U3E1)Version 56.2CChipset Vendor IntelChipset Model Sandy BridgeChipset Revision 09Southbridge Vendor IntelSouthbridge Model HM76Southbridge Revision 04System Temperature 56 °CBIOSBrand InsydeVersion F.14Date 9/20/2012PCI DataSlot PCISlot Type PCISlot Usage AvailableData lanes x16Slot Designation PCI Express Slot 1Characteristics PME, Hot PlugSlot Number 0Slot PCISlot Type PCISlot Usage AvailableData lanes x1Slot Designation PCI Express Slot 2Characteristics 5V, 3.3V, PMESlot Number 1

Solved!
View Solution.

A:change the processor of my laptop

The Manual seems to say you can install an i7-3632QM, which is a major leap from what you have. So much so, I am trying to get a second opinion from @erico  so I do not send you down a blind alley. But I am pretty sure you can. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/change-the-processor-of-my-laptop/td-p/5588446
Relevancy 42.57%

hi

my question/query is..

is it possible to upgrade processor on laptop. and is it worth doing?

acer aspire 5315 intel celeron m540 1.86GHz

and how to know what to upgrade to i.e what is compatible?

thanks

A:processor upgrade (laptop) ?

It is possible, i'vre upgraded mine on my 8930g and my mothers 5 series acer.

You need to just google search your model, but I'm pretty certain youre cap'd at an 800mhz fsb.

Read this forum thread:
Aspire 5315 CPU upgrades and other info

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299489-processor-upgrade-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm trying to upgrade from my i3 processor in my Acer Timline X 4820TG.
I understand most of you will say it can not be done but i disagree.
I'm looking to put an i5 in it as the new ones have it. Sandy bridge or not.
Any help from experts will be appreciated.

A:Upgrading processor in laptop

Do a search for "laptop non integrated motherboard". Some do have sockets for processors rather than having them integrated into the motherboard. So it might be possible. Can't find a picture of the motherboard from that model so it is hard to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-processor-in-laptop.169074/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L855-S5240. So I've been looking into this laptop and I've discovered that the processor is interchangeable. I've opened up the laptop on many occasions to clean it out and recently to reseal the heat sink and processor with higher quality thermal paste. I've looked into several different i5 models and I already have a means to deal with the increased wattage the one I've picked has. It's the Intel Core i5-3380M. After doing further research I found that this is the best i5 I can get with my laptops socket type. What I'm wondering is if anyone can help find out about compatible processors with this laptops motherboard or if this one is compatible. I've already dealt with the graphics problems with a docking stations so I'm looking into a better processor.

A:Processor upgrade for a laptop

I did a bit of online research and the i5 3380M should fit into the laptop's cpu socket ok and it's TDP rating is the same as your present Cpu so heat shouldn't be a serious problem.

The Cpu must be supported by the Bios as well but I can't find any information about that so you will be taking a gamble there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade-for-a-laptop.1171171/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am currently in an academic program that requires me to have a laptop that has an i5 or higher Intel processor, and 8GB of RAM. Can I upgrade my new laptop, the HP Probook 11 G2 from Intel Celeron and 4GB to those specifications above?Any information would be extremely helpful...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-laptop-s-processor/td-p/5659111
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a compaq presario us laptop The original processor was a xp-m and burned up I brought it to a repair shop and got overcharged for a used xp-m that is much slower I recently purchased another xp-m to replace the original one that was in there laptop with upgrading in processor Help After disassembling the laptop I noticed the processor does not have the arm that typically holds the processor in place The processor that was added to the system cannot be removed and I am trying to found out if there is a way to remove it The socket has a small spot on either side and one shows a lock with Help with upgrading processor in laptop two arrows pointing towards the processor The opposite side has a lock that is unlocked with two arrows pointing towards the processor I am not sure if there is a way to remove the old processor but I have tried using small screwdriver but it did nothing when I inserted it into the side that said unlock and tried to unlock it Thank you for your help Tony nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

hello,
i have a 3 year old Toshiba satellite A10 which came with a Celeron 2ghz (99Mhz x 20) processor with 400 mhz FSB and 256kb L2 cache. It is a 478 mPGA socket cpu. My motherboard is a Toshiba Portable PC A0. I've beeen thinking of upgrading the processor with a Pentium 4 mobile that has a higher FSB (533Mhz) and double the cache.
But my question is, Can my motherboard handle the processor with a higher FSB?
I couldn't find specs about the motherboard. Please help

A:Laptop processor upgrade?

Typically laptops are not CPU upgradeable, unless it was a choice at purchase time as to processor speed. (In which case the system could be capable)

The problem mainly arises from the inability of the laptop to disperse any extra heat generated by a faster processor. The BIOS would probably be locked to prevent the upgrade to anything that was incompatible.

Also consider that even if it fitted and worked, the extra heat may speed-step the CPU back down to where you are now anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-upgrade.580816/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all! In my laptop (HP G62 340US), I currently have an AMD Athlon II Dual-Core P340 Caspian processor (at least that's what Core Temp tells me). It is a "Socket S1g4 (638 pin)" (what does this mean?) and I currently do not remember my motherboard type. I will update you when I do. Along with this info, is there a way to upgrade the processor? I know the processor is removable because I recently cracked it open to remove and replace a busted USB port. Thank you all for helping this silly n00b.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,
I am using Laptop 160GB HDD ,GB RAM, AMD TURION N550 processor.

My processor cooling fan runs very fastly from booting time and emitting hot air continually.

1. I changed bios settings as defaults.
2. Changed OS.
3. Cooling fan is clean and clear.
4. No dust in air Ventilaters.
5. CPU Temperature 54'C.

I don't know how to rectify this kindly help me anyone.

here i show my air outlet view of my laptop.

A:Why my laptop processor fan emits very hot air

You want your laptop to expel hot air otherwise is would overheat very quickly. I'm not sure about temperatures on laptop CPUs but I would hazard a guess that 57?C is OK, I'd get somebody to confirm or deny that though. Do you game on it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307496-why-my-laptop-processor-fan-emits-very-hot-air.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello guys,

I have a an HP pavilion dv6500 with the following specifications:

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 146451 MB, Free - 7020 MB; D: Total - 6173 MB, Free - 1583 MB; H: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 251074 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30D2, 79.22, None

I was wondering if there is any way that I can upgrade my processor to an intel core i3 or i5, is this possible? If so, How?

Thanks in advance...

A:Laptop Processor Upgrade?

In the first place, the socket for your processor has been retired by intel (and is not compatible with the i3, i5, or i7). In the second place, the processor is soldered onto the motherboard. So, in short, NOPE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-upgrade.975599/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can my laptop processor be upgraded? I tried finding info but couldnt. product #: A7A84UA#ABA1.65GHz AMD E-450 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can I upgrade my laptop processor?

Hi, The following link shows specs of your machine:     http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-300-Notebook-PC-series/5145724/model/5282096/document/c03377731/ It has  1.65GHz VISION E2 Technology from AMD with AMD Dual-Core E-450 Accelerated Processor  which is has   SocketFT1 BGA 413-Ball     http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-E-Series-E-450-Notebook-Processor.60138.0.html That means you have to replace the whole motherboard because processor (CPU) is soldered to the motherboard. Regards.       

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-laptop-processor/td-p/5759499
Relevancy 42.57%

Anything Down @100% Slowing Processor Often Laptop - visible in the log which may be causing these issues Logfile Laptop Slowing Down - Processor Often @100% of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Laptop Slowing Down - Processor Often @100% Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM astsrv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system crypserv exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System Drivers WTSRV EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system WTClient exeC WINDOWS system bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system keyhook exeC Program Files SlySoft CloneCD Laptop Slowing Down - Processor Often @100% CloneCDTray exeC WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC WINDOWS system sistray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Crusty exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook thechatterbox cc Toolbar - b e c- c - c f- a - ad df - C Program Files thechatterbox cc tbthe dllO - BHO thechatterbox cc Toolbar - b e c- c - c f- a - ad df - C Program Files thechatterbox cc tbthe dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dllO - Toolbar thechatterbox cc Toolbar - b e c- c - c f- a - ad df - C Program Files thechatterbox cc tbthe dllO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run WTClient WTClient exeO - HKLM Run bcmwltry bcmwltry exeO - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exeO - HKLM Run RemoveCpl RemoveCpl exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run CloneCDTray quot C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot sO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorunO - HKCU Run AlcoholAutomount quot C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol axcmd exe quot automountO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run ... Read more

A:Laptop Slowing Down - Processor Often @100%

Thanks for your help guys, it was very much appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215688/laptop-slowing-down-processor-often-100/
Relevancy 42.57%

HI AGAIN yea. im gunna be posting a lot of unanswered questions. my laptop has a CPU i can access. can you change laptop processors??? if so what would you recomend for

gaming
overclocking
speed
stability

my current is intel centrino duo. 2 cores 1.80GHZ+1.80GHZ

A:laptop processor change

Originally Posted by nostaw5

HI AGAIN yea. im gunna be posting a lot of unanswered questions. my laptop has a CPU i can access. can you change laptop processors??? if so what would you recomend for

gaming
overclocking
speed
stability

my current is intel centrino duo. 2 cores 1.80GHZ+1.80GHZ

stability will be fine on any cpu. gaming wise you will will need a dedicate graphics card which can't be changed on a laptop. as for getting another one, you will have to find out the socket a processor will support. use cpu-z to find out. post back.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262661-laptop-processor-change.html
Relevancy 42.57%

How do you remove a Scoket 7 processor from a laptop.

one side has the word "open" and the opposite side has the word "close" do not know what to do next.

Please help!

Thank you xfiles24

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-removal.58260/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently purchased a HP laptop running Windows 7 with a 64 bit processor. I have a program, originally designed to operate in Win 3.1 or Win 95, but it would operate in Win XP by using the compatibility wizard. However, it will not work on the setup I now have. The people who designed this program have gone out of business. I have accepted the fact that my program will not open in Win 7 64 bit. My question is: what should I do to be able to use this program on this computer?
Would installing Win XP solve the problem? I am a semi-novice and understand very little about processors.

A:How can I run a 16 bit program on a HP laptop with a 64 bit processor?

Try DOSBox. Now, the binary reads "Win32 Installer", so this may not work as expected. It shouldn't hurt to try, though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284471/how-can-i-run-a-16-bit-program-on-a-hp-laptop-with-a-64-bit-processor/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

Not too sure if this is the right place to post it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But here's my situation:

My company gave me a laptop, it was supposed to have a Turion TL-60.

But instead they gave me one with an Athlon TK-55

After a week of complaining they sent a replacement. Guess what? They sent the same processor that I already have.

Now it seems its gonna take another indeterminate period of time to replace it.

Can anybody tell me what the difference between the two might be? I'd like to have something so I can better argue my case with them.

Thanks in advance.

Engti

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a HP DV7 - 1273 CL and I want to upgrade my processor and I need to know what my options are. It comes with a T6400 CPU Pre-installed.

A:Laptop processor upgrade

Hi gtasmy,

Some laptop and portable computer manufacturers allow their customers to upgrade their processor speeds.

However, if available seriously consider the upgrade in speed and the cost, often for the amount of money spent and the little increase in performance it may not be worth the upgrade.

This type of upgrade often requires the laptop computer or portable computer manufacturer or authorized repair shop to perform the upgrade and is not something an end-user will be able to do.

The time and money it takes to replace a CPU may not be worth the trouble, but that is up to you to determine. If you are inexperienced in changing the parts of the computer or the general construction of the laptop, you can cause damage to the laptop, making some or all of it not work properly.

I personally have never done this but I am sure some of the more experienced members will have better advice and suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/58632-laptop-processor-upgrade.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My current laptop (HP Touchsmart 15-r017dx) has an intel i3 core processor which is far too slow for what I'm using it for. I was trying to look up whether it had a soldered motherboard or not to see if it was worth upgrading or if I should just go out and buy a new laptop. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places or not, but I can't seem to find this information. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can help me figure this out. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Upgrading-Laptop-Processor/td-p/5835113
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello
i have an ASUS K42JP with Intel Core i5 560M, which is 1st generation, dual-core
can i replace it with a Core i7 3612QM one, which is a Quad-core 3rd generation processor?
thanks

A:Can i change my laptop's processor?

I think you'll find compatibility issues with the motherboard. You'll probably want to determine the mobo make and model and then research whether or not it can handle that Quad-core 3rd generation processor. Another consideration is how much disassembly will be required to access the old processor. This manual may give you an idea of what's in store:

How to disassemble Asus K series notebook >> Inside my laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263269-can-i-change-my-laptops-processor.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone,

My brother bought a new laptop last week.
Now is the new laptop very slow and has it almost always 100% processor usage and sometimes 100% disk usage.
I do not need real solutions, just a confirmation if you guys are thinking the same of it as me.
I mean it is a new laptop and we can send him back for free.
But I can also try to fix it but a brand new laptop with nothing on it with 100 processor usage is not normal?
There are no solutios for that I think? Its just broken?
Or do you guys think different about a brand new laptop?

Jens

A:100% processor usege new laptop

Welcome to the forum. What version of windows is it running? This may be something and nothing you need to check in task manager and tell use what is using all the CPU and disk a screen shot would help

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128593-100-processor-usege-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I bought a top of the line laptop right before dual core processors came out, and my slow processor is really holding me back. It would be great if I could just upgrade the processor without buying a whole new laptop or desktop.

My laptop has the Intel Mobile Pentium 1.7GHZ and the Nvidida Geforce 7800 gtx go.

Is there someone I can take it to to swap out the pentium 1.7 for a dual core?

Relevancy 42.57%

I m considering replacing my -year-old Dell Inspiron and am looking for advice regarding processors My Dell has a Pentium Mobil rated at Ghz I understand the difference between the latest Pentium and New processor advice laptop the Intel M processors is that the M has better battery life But I m more interested in speed I don t do gaming or such things - I just don t want to wait The M processors are more expensive but New laptop processor advice may not be faster than the older Pentium with HT Are the s being phased out in favor of the M technology I ll definitely sacrifice battery life for speed since I rarely use my laptop without plugging it in And obviously cost is a factor But if I m going to upgrade I don t want old technology Actually my present laptop is fine it could always be faster New laptop processor advice except it has the old USB speed which I ve been told by Dell isn t upgradable to on my particular computer I d like the faster speed for backing up files adding a burner all the new laptops pretty much come with a burner etc As always advice is appreciated New laptop processor advice gibby nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

hey I was wondering if it is possible to replace a intel 2 core duo T7200 2.0 ghz to a intel 2 core duo T7600 2.33 ghz

A:replacing laptop processor

Depends on the laptop. Unless someone has the same one, we won't be able to tell. Read the manual or call the manufacturer.

You know this is a $650 processor? And I wouldn't expect a significant performance increase. Ouch!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-laptop-processor.624670/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi sup guys... I have a question.... see right now my Inspirion 6400 is running a core duo T2050... and i wanned to upgrade it to a core 2 duo T7600 ... and it wouldn't be a problem for me if this was a desktop but since its a laptop i have no idea abt the sockets... i guessing that they are standard like the desktop... but even if the socket is the same for both processors but how do i know that my mobo actually supports core 2 duo... any help would be great?.

Thanks in advance for your help?
Cyber

A:Laptop processor sockets

Not possible

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins6400/en/om/parts.htm#wp1043338

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-processor-sockets.86240/
Relevancy 42.57%

I've got a Core 2 Duo T6400 2.00 GHz and I want to upgrade. What Processors can I upgrade too? What do you all recommend? It it as easy as I've been reading were you pop out the old processor and snap in the new one?

More detailed laptop specs (Dell Studio 1537):
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 Ghz
Penryn 45nm Technology
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0P173H (U2E1)

I think I already know the answer to this but, it's not possible to upgrade a Laptops graphics right? I have Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset card and it's not that good.

A:Upgrading Laptop Processor

Dell offers fairly good online support. For your laptop, see:

Documentation

Your CPU is replaceable. With what, I'm not sure. You need Socket P. The FSB of your T6400 is 800 MHz; newer chips, 1066 MHz. The BIOS must also recognize the newer chip.

Some laptops have discrete graphics cards. It appears that yours (like most) does not.

Looking at the prices of laptop CPUs at www.newegg.com, I'd have a hard time recommending a CPU swap, even if I was absolutly sure that it would work, and there was zero risk of damaging the laptop. (Laptops are much more fragile internally than desktops, and require more skill to work on.)

If you want to do it as a hobby, by all means try it. If you're looking for a faster laptop, it's probably not a practical solution, unless you can somehow come up with a known compatible CPU chip, cheaper than retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146104-upgrading-laptop-processor.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Intel 1.5Ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
Gefore 8600GT M
Vista Premium
17 inch widescreen

I was hoping to upgrade my processor to like a 2.0 or 2.2Ghz, now my question is, would it be difficult to do it myself without a very high risk of wrecking my entire system. Or should i just pay a company to upgrade it for me?

A:Laptop Processor upgrade?

I think that an upgrade will certainly be difficult, and the laptop may not even accept the faster processor.

Truthfully, I'd be looking to upgrade the laptop if you really need faster speeds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-upgrade.629509/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok guys, hope you can help. I have an old school MicronPC Tranport LT notebook. It's crappy but it does the job. Well a while back its started locking up and I discovered the processing fan wasn't spinning. I noticed that it spins spins while the computer starts up, but once it hits the Windows XP loading screen the fan stops. Also if I stay in the BIOS the fan doesn't stop spinning, but as soon as I exit it shuts off.

Any one have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Relevancy 42.57%

i have hp pavilion g6 amd A10 2312 AX 1TB 4 GB RAM 2.5 GB Graphics Windows 8 quadcore processor and i want my processor to i5, is it possible?

A:can i change my laptop processor

you can't change from an AMD cpu to an Intel cpu.
download the service manual from hp support site for you model to see if can be upgrade

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3135446/change-laptop-processor.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all:
I have an NEC Versa LX with PII 266 mHz. Can anyone tell me what this processor can be upgraded to? ... and is this a drop in upgrade?
Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop Processor Upgrade

Here's something from NEC: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/hardware/notebooks/versalx/upgrade/versalxupg/

Its not much of an upgrade - you would be better off selling it and getting a newer model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-upgrade.187216/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Laptop GHz Toshiba Satellite model M -S I play WoW on it and to play it more smoothly i need swap in a faster processor I have read posts on other forums where Laptop Replacing Processor people have done this quite sucessfully However to make it work you need to install a processor of the same family class as the one it came with Now i have an Intel Celeron Replacing Laptop Processor M Ghz I was looking on google and found two Ghz ones also Intel Celeron M ending soon might be gone by Replacing Laptop Processor the time u try this link http cgi ebay com INTEL-CELERON-M QQihZ QQcategoryZ QQrdZ QQcmdZViewItem and quite to my suprise i found a Ghz one also Celeron M http cgi ebay com Intel-Celeron-M QQihZ QQcategoryZ QQrdZ QQcmdZViewItem My Questions are Will the Ghz one work if i swap it in I dont know why it wouldn t considering it is the same make and model Will the one work Seems like a whole Ghz jump would screw something up in my comp or something bad would happen just seems to good to be true Any input explanations and answers are greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone I m looking to get a laptop sometime in the near future as a portable supplement to my desktop system In looking through the specs I m finding that I ve gotten somewhat out of touch with the way processor speeds are measured Back when I was your age I sound like an old man on a ti raid you could tell how fast a processor was by it s clock speed or model number AMD s were etc Intel s were etc You got the fastest processor you could afford by picking the highest number you could afford Now it s gotten really confusing with bit processors dual cores quad cores and slower clock speeds are Processor Specs Laptop faster than higher ones sometimes And I m sure half of it is just marketing and buzzwords Basically my desktop machine has an AMD Athlon tm Processor GB RAM x and I m running a bit operating system I would like for my new laptop to be able to match or exceed my desktops speed but have no idea how that translates into modern processor speeds though If someone could explain this that would be helpful Or if someone knows of a great laptop deal etc and wants to share Basically I m looking for or inch good resolution No bundled commercial operating system Less than Not ugly I build my own desktops and am not opposed to building my own laptop if there s an advantage to it Thanks Nick nbsp

A:Laptop Processor Specs

Is this good for $1,443, w/ free shipping?:

Processor: Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB 4 MB L2
Ram: 2 GB - 2 x 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ
HD: 120 GB 7200 RPM SATA
Display: 15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440 x 900)
Graphics: nVidia 512 MB GeForce 8600M GT
Audio Output: Realtek ALC 268
Networking: Ethernet (LAN), WiFi
Wireless: 802.11 agn
Expansion: Express Card
Ports: VGA, 4x USB 2.0, MIC-In, Headphone Out, FireWire 1394, S-Video
Camera: Built-In Webcam
Card Reader: 3 in 1 Card Reader
Battery: 9 Cell Lithium Ion
Battery Life: 3 hours
Dimensions: 14.20" x 10.43" x 1.74" (WxDxH)
Weight: 5.9 lbs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-specs.675356/
Relevancy 42.57%

First post so please bare with me,

I have a HP Pavillion G Series laptop running an AMD E2-3000M but i want to upgrade to something faster. My question is would i be able to upgrade to an AMD A8-5600K 3.6 GHz Processor Quad Core FM2 4MB 100W Black Edition?

If i upgrade will i need a new version of windows too?

Thanks in advance
Aaron

A:Laptop Processor Upgrade

What's the full model number of the lappy? It may require a new motherboard if available. Many use soldered in CPU and aren't upgradeable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316808-laptop-processor-upgrade.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm using Inspiron 15 3542
I have updated my OS to Windows 10, but sometimes the Processor/Fan won't stop even after Shutting down the laptop(as well as the display turns off) ! The fan continues and continues ! And after that laptop won't even turn on ! I have to open the battery and then it turns on ! 
I have downloaded almost all the software required for my laptop through dell software download for Windows 10 x64 bit.

P.S: I searched in google/checked forum, and the solution i found was to download Intel Management Engine. I did download and install it, but the problem seems to remain..

Kindly help you and thank you in advance ! 

A:Processor/Fan continues to run even after turning off Laptop

Sorry for double post ! 
Found a solution : https://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=NFY3D&fileId=3497768106&osCode=WT64A&productCode=inspiron-15-3542-laptop&languageCode=EN&categoryId=FW
I have installed it, will inform after several tries

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982433
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

I'm currently using MSI's CR430 notebook which has an AMD E-450 1.6ghz cpu. I was wondering if my laptop's processor is replaceable/upgradeable? I would want to upgrade simply because I just want to play recently released and later games. lol.

Thanks for the reply!

A:MSI CR430 laptop processor upgradeable?

Although it's been done by some confident "techie" laptop owners, it's certainly not a job for the unskilled since a laptop CPU is not designed to be replaceable/upgradeable. It's a bit like upgrading the engine on a car inasmuch as you then have to beef up the brakes and clutch to cope with the extra power (except with a laptop you'll have a devil of a job sourcing the parts).

There's a thread on the subject here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/540367-can-laptop-processor-upgraded.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-cr430-laptop-processor-upgradeable.1057069/
Relevancy 42.14%

So I haven't tried installing Vista yet, merely for one reason:
I have an AMD turion 64 ml-34, and if this lil processor is stuck on full voltage and running at the highest clock speed it can go, it overheats like crazy unless Powernow! steps in and underclocks the core speed and voltage (around 63 degrees Celsius, definitely not a comfy temp for me to work with, especially if it has to be on my lap). Plus the power profiles feature (the feature with settings like laptop, max battery, always on, etc.) is very useful as well. My question is, will Vista automatically detect that i have a PowerNow! capable processor and work with it to do all of the automatic power saving functions (underclocking, power profiles, etc.) or are there some extra steps to it?
Thx for any advice

A:Vista on a Laptop, question on processor

What make and model of laptop?
The makers site will hold the answers, as to the availability of drivers etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-on-a-laptop-question-on-processor.581372/
Relevancy 42.14%

Laptop:

HP pavilion ze5600

processor - 2.7Gz

RAM - 192Mb

Which system is best for my laptop?

Vista (home or ultimate)

XP

etc.

btw. harddrive = 27Gb

Regards,

A:Which system for my laptop, please? Low Ram, but fast processor

Vista is not going to run wth 192 Mb of memory, XP will run, but to get decent performance you will need to turn off the eyecandy . . are you not able to add more memory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/which-system-for-my-laptop-please-low-ram-but-fast-processor-178178.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I just started this task yesterday and decided to clean things up a bit I generally am very consistent about keeping a very lite and clean virus free and updated machine and have tried the day it came out of the box Just the other day I decided to tried to get down in the nook and crannies to get rid of any bloat ware or cr p ware I might have missed over the years I refered to this tutorial SlowComputer Speed Up Your Windows Computer in Easy Steps - YouTube and followed every step some I have already been doing on a nearly weekly basis It basically is doing most stuff that Tune-Up Utilities does which I also just installed and tried and let it do it's thing A couple reasons for all of this hub-bub is that I noticed my CPU is starting to show signs of struggling with a game and I keep noticing my CPU peaking at percent every time I open something or load a web page Of course when I first got the machine it worked like a dream but noticed performance slowly declining over the years Finding myself saying quot It didn't used to do that before quot Getting more confused and annoyed at what it is I think at this point my computer's poor hard drive is probably feeling chafed from all the scans and disk clean-ups The thing I have tried before I haven't done before is uninstall all of those laptop RAM power on old processor and up an Freeing Windows update programs installed on my computer Stuff like Microsoft NET Windows Live Microsoft Visual Studio Freeing up processor power and RAM on an old laptop C and SQL server stuff I'm not a developer or publisher so I don't need any of that stuff Also changing the msconfig file to remove anything I felt I didn't need Freeing up processor power and RAM on an old laptop for start-up So in doing this I noticed all the Services running and I'm like quot Wow is that normal quot and wondered if there is any I can get rid of So I cropped together a screen shot of all the Services running in order of what is running at the top and what is stopped or disabled at the bottom So I'm wondering is there any I can get rid of Or uninstall http i photobucket com albums v c Services png Yeah I changed to Windows Classic Theme too as another little nuance to save on a bit of RAM and posted a separate Freeing up processor power and RAM on an old laptop link cause it's a big image Edit Oh darn it I noticed a problem with the image Hold on Okay I think that should be better that image hosting site resizes images

A:Freeing up processor power and RAM on an old laptop

I fail to see the point in disabling services to save memory when you have 8 GB. The memory saved will be trivial and the gain in performance less than trivial. Most services spend the vast majority of their time waiting for something to do, during which time they consume virtually zero CPU time. This is what you will gain in performance.

The risks of disabling a service you thought was unnecessary, but was, is considerable. I speak from experience.

The video was OK except for the suggested changes in the advanced boot options. These will serve no useful purpose. The purpose of these options is to limit the number of cores or memory, primarily for testing and diagnostic purposes. For normal use both checkboxes should be left unchecked. This is a myth that has been circulating the Internet for years now. Even some very knowledgeable individuals have been fooled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311105-freeing-up-processor-power-ram-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys, I am wondering if It possible for me to change my laptop processor. Anyway there is several model of Lenovo G400 that used different processor as you can see here (Lenovo G400 Laptop | Entry-Level Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo UAE, and mine have Intel Celeron 1005M. Is it possible to change this laptop processor for example to the one listed on the website like Intel i3-3130M? And yes, are they soldered to the motherboard? Or Do I need to replace the motherboard as well?
Thank you in advance. Any help is always appreciated. Of course sorry my bad English

A:Is it possible to change or replace laptop processor

Nope. Laptops are so cheap now days. You could buy a new one, for the price of a motherboard for the current laptop. The Celeron CPU is actually a downgraded CPU (say i2 or Core-Duo). Biggest scam was when P4's were considered high end, but the budget systems had the word "Celeron" in it. So people figured that the CPU was garbage.

I all that the laptop is being used for is Web Browsing, email, looking at PDF's, occasional documents, online streaming, the current one will be fine.

You can use CPU-Z to find out the actually Factory "die" that Current CPU is. CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63936-possible-change-replace-laptop-processor.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Acer 5512-5619 with an Acer JE51_DN Motherboard and a 2.1 gh AMD Phenom II N830 Triple Core Processor, Authentic AMD 2100. I would like to upgrade the processor. Does anyone know if I can and what can I replace it with to gain more speed with programs. Thank you in advance. Jack

A:CPU / Processor Upgrade for Acer Laptop

Check with the manufacturer.

You will need a cpu of the same socket type, but more importantly, the cpu needs to be supported by the BIOS. Only the manufacturer can confirm which cpus are actually supported.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-processor-upgrade-for-acer-laptop.1137210/