Windows Support Forum

stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

Q: stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

I was wondering if someone can walk me through the wiring A tad confusing for me I mean it s not like those - pins things which are impossible to mess up Its those wires that can fit either way I m a bit lost First this is the build What s been done so far Hardware wise everything is in the case Applying the thermal was easy The psu is plug in right video card is set the power supply for the processor is set it s everything else I m trying to go with a dual drive first one being a hdvd and the other a reg dvdrw I have several of the ribbon cables now sure how to connect them I mean it tells you how for one but for two drives The fans I m not sure how to connect same with the HDD What really annoying is the cables from the case they are purple black red not sure which way they go This is way the MSI manual has this is the mobo Now the stuck first Please on build. help. on wiring pc heatsink fan is kind of interesting Where do I plug it in to the motherboard It have three slots routed through a control knob stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help. I m keeping it on max which part of the mobo should I put the heatsink plug in to thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

Sounds like the optical drives are IDE, so the one on the end will be master, the one in the middle slave and the other end of the ribbon goes to the mobo.

The case lights/ switches should be labeled with things like HD+, HD- PW-, PW+

It takes a little translating, but HD+ would be the positive lead for the HD activity lights on the case so pins 1 and 3 in figure JFP1. Power switch are pins 6 and 8... just make sure to get the + and - right on each set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-wiring-on-first-pc-build-please-help.929823/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm planning on joining two ethernet cables together with a coupler in order to make one long cable. The problem is, one cable has 568-B wiring and the other has 568-A wiring. Will this kind of connection work, and if so, will it affect the integrity of my network? I doubt I will need any crossover cable; the two cables will go directly from the router to a single computer. I just want to extend the existing cable's length using a coupler and all I have available is a cable with different wiring.

Relevancy 53.75%

I'm planning on joining two ethernet cables together with a coupler in order to make one long cable. The problem is, one cable has 568-B wiring and the other has 568-A wiring. Will this kind of connection work, and if so, how will it affect the integrity of my network?

Relevancy 52.89%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all Stuck build new with problem I Stuck with new build problem am trying to build my st system and seem to have gotten in Stuck with new build problem over my head Here is what I am putting together PCChips P G v Via Socket MicroATX Motherboard Audio AGP x Ethernet LAN USB Serial ATA RAID CNR Intel Celeron D GHz K Cache MHz FSB OEM Socket Processor Masscool W B M G Socket Intel Prescott Aluminum CPU Cooling Fan PNY Verto GeForce FX MB DDR PCI Dual VGA TV Out Video Card Seagate GB MB ATA- Retail Hard Drive Ultra MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory NEC Super-Multi AD- A x DVD R Burn x DVD R Read x DVD RW x DVD-R DL x DVD-RAM x x CD-R RW Black DVD Burner - OEM I had a case and power supply already from a system I had built earlier Anyway I assembled everything and tried to start the system to install Windows XP and couldn t get any power at all After reading through the forums I found that the MoBo was grounding to the case and of the connectors had to have a wire moved because this board only had pins So now I get power to the system but I can t get the system to turn on my monitor or to boot up from the floppy drive or the DVD drive Not sure where to go from here Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I have not been able to get any updated insider builds since 10565.

Keep checking Check For Update but it says "your device is up to date"

Any suggestions?

A:Stuck at 10565 build

Manually update to 10586 by downloading iso from ms, double clicking on it and running setup.exe. Then make sure you rejoin the Insider Program in update menus, and leave pc on for up to 48 hours

Note - do not clean install if you did not install windows 10 upgrading from a valid 7/8 licence, as it will not activate.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/38651-stuck-10565-build.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Title says it all, have not had issues with any previous builds; anyone else run into this or have a fix?

A:Build 10162 download stuck at 0%

Restart the WU service...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/7760-build-10162-download-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

A:Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

A:Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62473-stuck-build-14393-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

A:Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? you're on windows 10, right?
Use the store app to get the netflix app
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/431229-netflix-stuck-windows-8-build.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all, I have a dell xps 13 2015 touch screen. It started an insider build update on Windows 10 a week or two back and is still stuck on 80%, howner can i fix this? Please send help.

A:Windows 10 insider build update stuck on 80%

The Insider Previews aren't stable releases they are test builds... you shouldn't use them on a primary machine. If you need to recover files follow this guide:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/ 
You can download Windows 10 and clean install:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 
If you want to remain on the Insider Preview. Use the Insider Preview .iso:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995927
Relevancy 48.16%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm a Insider member since Oct get all the builds till the official launch of Windows last July A few days before the official launch my Windows TP build had a boot problem and gave me a UEFI boot error since the Insider Program was locked and I can't get any Insider Preview build to work I had format my PC and install my Don't stuck 10240 Insider get Builds, build on Windows Pro and follow the upgrade path to Windows Reserve a copy wait for the update and install the Windows Pro and activate with my valid Windows Key no hassles there After success upgrade I went Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 to Security and Updates gt Windows Update gt Advanced Options and hit the Get Insider builds gt Get Started button restart my PC and check if Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 Fast Ring was selected and it was Last month it came out Build and later on Build and I didn't receive any of those I tried to force the download by hitting constantly the Check update button on Windows Update but the only thing my Windows Update download is Windows Defender definitions So I tried the following in Advanced Option I hit the Stop receive preview builds restart PC and go there again I hit the button Get Preview Builds restart again and wait a few days no luck Since I don't had any luck there I post some questions in Microsoft Answers and report the problem a few days later receive some answers but none of the those answers worked out and one of them seems to me a bit stupid so the suggestions was - Uninstall any anti-virus don't have any so it really doesn't apply to me - Safe Boot with Network did that produce no effect what so ever - Selective Startup with all services stopped except Microsoft services same as above produced no effect still didn't get any update via Windows Update - Create a new Administrator account and run the Windows Update from the new account although might work I found this solution a bit awkward I mean I have to create a new account with Administrator privileges and then subscribe to Insider Preview Program with that account and then make all the process I did it no effects also bit I thought that was the dumbest solution ever - Drivers update - All my drivers are up to date some from the manufactures others from Microsoft no hardware problems so can't anything about that - Reset IP Address - Did that nothing happened - Windows Update as Trusted Sites - Did that nothing happened - Change DNS to and - Did that nothing happened So in total despair I contact Microsoft Answer Desk by Phone and after a few minutes trying to explain what is my problem I'm a portuguese from Portugal and ours Answer Desk is provided by Brazilians which don't quietly understand us - Brazilian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese the woman gave me this solution Re-install my Windows Pro and from there wait that Windows Update give me the Insider Preview update and if Windows Update tries to install regular Windows upgrade she said to stop the upgrade and differ that update and wait for the Insider Update I didn't make this yet because I'm hard to believe that will work I mean in Windows I will get the Windows Insider Preview as an update Last I checked I had to install Windows TP with an ISO and boot from that ISO to get started and the new Insider Preview program state that I only have to set Windows Update to Get the Preview Builds which I did from a Windows activated install which I have By the way my Windows is set to USA as location and has the display language set to US English I had also set a Portuguese keyboard setup set my region to Portugal and Proofing tools are setup to US English and Portuguese Portugal I'm stating this since if my display language is not supported by Insider Preview I don't receive any builds Portuguese currently not supported So please help me understand why I'm not getting the Insider builds and I'm still stuck in build Here is a screenshot of my Settings and my Insider Hu... Read more

A:Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Welcome to Ten Forums Ed
When I changed from slow to fast it took 4 days to update for me. Have you waited the four days?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/22803-dont-get-insider-builds-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Although its small and trivial, it bothers me a lot and it ruins the mood any wall paper puts out for me. How do i remove it?
http://i.imgur.com/d6d2kXA.png?1
(its at the bottom right)

A:Windows 8.1 Build XXXX stuck on desktop

That happens when your OS is not activated. You can confirm this by pressing Windows key+S and typing "PC Info". Select it. At the bottom of the information it will tell you something like "Windows is not Activated" or "Windows is Activated"

if it's not activated Microsoft wants you to provide the key to activate your OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58560-windows-8-1-build-xxxx-stuck-desktop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few weeks ago MS Released build As I'm on the fast ring got and installed the build Then it released But installations would always fail It would show me the installation process and then restart as it usually would roll on cannot build update, back stuck 14901: cannot However after logging in I would see that I'm still on build A minute stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back later there would be a popup message saying that quot some updates were not installed select this message for more details quot None were given when I did I thought I'd just wait for the next build stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back that it was a problem with But now that the next build is out I still keep running into the same problem Unfortunately I cannot uninstall updates update history is empty nor can I roll back to the previous build through advanced startup quot there was a problem rolling back to your previous build try resetting this PC first quot I currently cannot afford to reset this PC is there another way

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62259-stuck-build-14901-cannot-update-cannot-roll-back.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, guys and gals!

I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been getting the expiration warning and that's a big problem for me. I don't know if there's a newer build for the slow ring or not, and my system can't find any newer build to update to. I can't change to the fast ring because that's one of the bugs of this build.... I don't want to wake up on the 1'st of October not being able use my PC.

Any idea on how I can solve this or any info on the new build for the slow ring?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64756-stuck-build-14905-slow-ring-expiration-soon.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I seem to be stuck on fast ring build 14352. Have checked a few things in the Registry and retried several times, but as yet, have seen nothing.

Any ideas?

The latest Insider Preview ISO that you can download seems to the build 14342 (via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced), and I don't really want to download the ESD from a russian site, but can't seem to find the correct MS site.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54091-stuck-14352-no-offer-new-iast-ring-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

A:Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

I believe you are going to need more room.

Kill the current update attempt, reboot and try it again only skip the Updates part. See if that works.

Filling out your System Specs would be a help.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, how big is the SSD?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'll cut right to the chase; I built my new computer and I'm installing Windows 7 for the first time. Its stuck on "Preparing your computer for first use".

Methods I've tried:
Startup Repair via Disk
Unplugging my disk driver
Resetting BIOS

Specs:
GTX 960
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
16 GB Ram DDR4 Hyperx Fury

This is very frustrating and I really wanna get this up before Spring Break ends ;~;
Thanks in advance!

(P.S - I'm a new scrubbo to these kind of stuffs so sorry for any inconvenience :-( )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393770-new-custom-build-windows-7-stuck-setup-preparing-you-computer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi guys,
im on build 14926 on fast ring on the SP3, I know there is a new build to download but my pc doesn't download it even though it says "downloading"
UPDATE: I fixed it somehow

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441159-fast-ring-build-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 42.57%

Version Build is the one I am running I don't know what happened but it is just stuck there at I tried several solutions that I found on this forum and googling around but no success so far The main two that I tried several times were ---- ---- stopping the wuauserv by going into CMD as an administrator and running net stop wuauserv then deleting all the files in C Windows SoftwareDistribution then restarting the service and requesting the update again but still at even after leaving my computer on for a couple of days ----- ------- the second one was using the quot Update troubleshooter quot from windows which is linked both here and in the Microsoft Forums but that didn't do anything I tried to do both by doing slight variations during the process such 14372 update STUCK Build Version 10.0.14372 Windows AT 0% as stopping restarting the bits service after stopping restarting the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 wuauserv first method or restarting the computer before running the commands But no success yet I don't feel reinstalling windows and installing all my programs again since I am crunching hours trying to finish a project and the only reasons why I am desperate to fix this problem is because I am getting a warning saying that my PC will restart every few hours If I don't solve this issue You can see the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 screenshots below first image is the stuck at screenshot - second image is the warning from windows saying that my pc will restart every few hours

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64527-windows-update-stuck-0-version-10-0-14372-build-14372-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Going to be using a PC fan on a non-PC project.

I bought the ARCTIC F12 PRO TC

It arrived ... and as well as standard 3 pin lead which is normally +ve, -ve & tacho
It has a separate lead with temp sensor ..... I do not wish the fan to control itself I want to control it from external unit .... anybody know how to disable this temperature sense function.

Relevancy 39.99%

OK--MOBO diagram has USB56 with +6V, P6-, P6+, and ground on one side and then +5V, P5-, P5+, and ground on the other. Wires from the case are duplicate 5V, D+, D-, and ground. I am assuming I can just hook one of the D+ and D- correlate to the P- and P+ and that I can hook either up to the 6 series even though its labled 5? In words, they are identical, correct?

A:USB 2.0 wiring

Yes thats correct, the numbers are only there to help you and to keep the wires grouped into 2 individual groups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-wiring.530545/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey,
Right first off i am having trouble with wiring my power switch to my motherboard , the wires coming from the switch are Black/White so i cant tell which is + an which is - , i know where it goes on the motherboard but will it matter if i put the - on the + and vice versa?

The second thing i need to ask about is , does anyone know of a decent PSU (650w+) fo under ?55 ($85 USD)?

And my last thing is , can i crossfire a XFX HD4870 with a Sapphire HD4870 (Same clocks)?

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.99%
Q: wiring

does anybody know what jumpers are and how to set them?
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=159 this is the mobo website if you download the manual it says setting jumpers and i dont know what they are

A:wiring

"Jumpers" are small (usually) black rectangular plastic things that go over two metal pins. There's a strip of metal inside, that creates an electrical short across these pins.

Like the black blotches on the left here: http://seniordesign.engr.uidaho.edu/2004_2005/mekelektroniks/Project Pictures/PCB Test Jumpers.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wiring.81698/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am in the process of replacing the hard drive of a DELL N5030 that someone else had taken apart. What my problem is there is a computer type flat wire (sticky in spots) that has a MB on one end and TP on the other end - this wire was laying inside the laptop and the Keyboard wire is also not connected on the computer side.

I need to know where this flat wire goes and does the keyboard wire just connect into the connector on the laptop side.

Thank you for any help you can give to me.

Relevancy 39.99%

Anyone have an idea on cpu fan wiring. My motherboard has a 5 pin connector and my new fan has 4 pins. I think they are yellow, black, blue and yellow. As long as I can get the fan going at a reasonable rate I can test the pc. The fan is a 12volt unit. Can I run it off the auxilary power supply?

A:CPU fan wiring

You can purchase an adaptor from a puter store that would allow you to hook it up to an exixting power lead with out connecting it to the motherboard.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-wiring.327378/
Relevancy 39.99%
Q: Wiring

For some reason, i have followed the tech book for the Abit motherboard that a friend just recently purchased, and i have set all the wiring according to where the book says to place it... im not exactly sure what is going on with it though, i have never seen what happens before..

when the power button is pushed the lights come on for a fraction of a second, the fans start to run, but nothing is being powered on.. the power supply must be working, because he just bought that as well..

like i said, nothing i have seen before, and i have worked with computers for about 12 years now, maybe someone can direct me to a link with a little more detailed directions as to wiring up the computer? any help or feedback is appreciated, my email is [email protected].. thank you very much

Relevancy 39.56%

http www lian-li com product php pcid amp secid A friend question wiring gave me a Lian-Li T thermometer see URL above I like it very much but it s taking up a bay I need It wiring question works using wires with sensor probes at the ends that you attach to various components to read temps I bought a T thermometer without giving it much wiring question thought It fits in a bay The T which uses watch batteries one for each guage has one sensor right at the edge of the CPU It was installed when I built the system The T uses one molex connector I tried to pull out the T s wire but it s lodged tightly under the heatsink I m using an AlphaPal so I d have to take the mobo out to get to the wire I have no patience for that right now so I m willing to sacrifice the T Here s my question I know how to splice fan wires to attach to a fanbus but will splicing work in this situation This way I could just leave that sensor probe under the cpu and splice the wire to the one on the T They are double wrapped wires until you get to the sensor and remember one attaches via molex the other uses batteries Also I have no idea about their resistence values Any help appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a reel of Cat 5 Cable that I have cut to size.
I was just after some help on wiring the cable to the connectors.
I want to set up a one way cable not a crossover, and I have the correct colour pattern. I am following the pattern from my other cables.
o/w, o ,g/w, bl, bl/w, g, br/w, br
I have the crimping tool.
I have wired each end the best I can and cripmed them but when I put the cable in the hub there is no activity, it wont pick up atall

Please help

Cheers

A:Cat 5 Cable wiring - Please help!!

Are you sure you're doing it right?
It's most likely just an unfortunate crimp. It's always a good idea to have spare plugs in case you don't get it right. Just cut off the worst-looking end and try again.

I hope you have read guides like this

It can also be a broken cable or wrong types of plugs. There are different plugs for solid wire and stranded wire cables.

It may also be a hub/NIC malfunction. Try restarting both devices after connecting the cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cat-5-cable-wiring-please-help.3871/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an old OptiPlex 740 that I need to hook up and see if some files are on it. The cables inside have been disconnected, so it won't boot up. When opening the case, and plugging in the power, a little yellow light in the inside comes on, but it wont start up when pressing the power button. When disconnecting the power, I can hear the disk drive turn off, and the light turns off, so it's getting power but not starting up.

Can anyone help me out?
[url=http://postimg.org/image/yc7cuy1v5/full/][img]s32.postimg.org/.../url][url=http://postimage.org/]image hosting adult[/url]

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982164
Relevancy 39.56%

I need help with the wiring of my case power buttons to my new asus motherboard called P8 H61 M- LE/CSM R 2.0 Lga 1155 chipset... my case is the HPE H8-1020 Pavilion model... it came out in 2011 and idk if i have the right adapters to use the power button :/ please help

A:Wiring on HPE H8-1020 Help

@AlexBaratta?, welcome to the forum. I am not certain that you will find any diagram to help you with the wiring for the power button.  Since HP has their cases and motherboards made to their specs, they are not the same as retail versions; even of the same motherboard.  The power button is always a problem for members upgrading the motherboard. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wiring-on-HPE-H8-1020-Help/td-p/5713338
Relevancy 39.56%

hi, I need help to wire the USB 2 hubs at the front of my tower to the motherboard.
My tower is a Pent4 ATX 9980 and came with ports attached but the wires are all single connectors not a plug in socket. They are named ....port+ 2 of( green cable).......port- 2 of.(white)....G 2 of (black) ......VCC 2 of (red)... I understand that they go to Jusb2. but cannot work it out. There are other cables I need to check with someone ,ie power,rest led ect but thought if I did it a bit at a time .
my motherboard manual can be downloaded here if it helps.

http://forums.techguy.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=19

motherboard is MSI 845E max
thanks
ladynimue

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a small camera that came with my old pc. It is a "logitech" p/n 861037-0020. made in china. I want to use it as a camera, not on the web. The cord has a black wire, red wire, white wire, green wire, and a shield.

Before I destroy it, does someone know which of these wires are for power, and which is for the video signal. I am assuming the red and black are DC power, the shield I understand, but what about the green and white?

Thanks in advance for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-wiring-dia-needed.152330/
Relevancy 39.56%

so i dont get this screwed up can some one help me wire this up right. i plan on adding this fan to the top of my case to help blow out more hot air. and im going to use this controler. but it dont come with very good direction.

in this pic here i have the plugin numbered. #1 is no brainer Do i need to plug in #2? And the directions say Plug #3 into the mother board? But where. and does it matter this only has a 3 prong plug?

directions?

http://www.evercool.com.tw/install/instal_scbcd2.htm

i wonder if i could plug it in where it says CPU fun. since the CPU is water cooled. and pluged it at the right? does it matter if it is a 4 pin and the fan and cooler control is a 3 pin?

Relevancy 39.56%

Here's a good one. To make a long story short, I'm trying to connect a laptop to my boats autopilot. This requires using a USB conection to the laptop, and a "wire to terminal" connection to the autopilot. I've got the cable and cut off one end. I'm familar with the way the colors should be, but instead of the usual, I find a Yellow, a Green, a Black, and a White (maybe Pink).
Has anyone ever seen this, and how do translate to the standard?

A:Solved: HELP! USB wiring not like it should be

Yep, it is a good one...Since you don't have a schematic of the wiring you probably should go to the 'autopilot' home site for accessories...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-usb-wiring-not-like-it-should-be.1067875/
Relevancy 39.56%

I had my house wired with ethernet and after some discussion on these forums I decided that wiring a separate phone cable would be best instead of using the cat5e for ethernet and phone.

Anyways, to save some money I am planning on wiring the phone cable myself. My house is just being built and the drywall isn't up yet so it shouldn't be that hard. But I am unsure really where to start with this wiring, and from there how to do it all.

Can anyone tell me basically how to wire a home with phone cable or point me to a website that can? I think I will probably use the "daisy-chain" method, but I am unsure on how one wire can go to all the jacks. Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Thermaltake Volcano 7+ HSF. I have a question about the wires. The directions say...

Connect the Yellow Wire Connector (RPM Signal) to the fan_header on your motherboard.

Connect the Speed Control Unit to the Power Supply Unit..

My question is, There are two yellow wires with the fan, both with the same end for 3 prong connections. ( one is white, the other is brown) One is by itself and the other is with the speed control switch along with the power connector. There was no instructions as to where the other one connects. Can someone please advise me. I'm guessing they both plug into a fan connection but I don't want to GUESS when it comes to my processor.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all I wiring Tia 568 75 tsb standards am very new to networking and i am currently studying a course in networking and my college is unable to help me with a question i have about these networking standards guidlines These two standards are quot the consolidation point quot and the quot MUTOA quot I read that they are advised when you have a work area that will likely be changed around alot and the standards are there to help with redundency in other words not to go over your cable type maximum allowed length Tia 568 tsb 75 wiring standards when PC s are being moved around ect but i just dont get how these methods and extra devices help in any way with consolidation point you run your horizontal from the telecomm room to a punchdown then run it Tia 568 tsb 75 wiring standards to a wall jack in the office then your user has a cable to the PC from the jack If the consolidation point the punchdown block was like a repeater then sure i get it but it does not lengthen the allowed run of cable as it is not a repeater or any similar device so why add the consolidation point its not gonna have an effect on the length which is the problem when PC s are moved around in an office The MUTOA is pretty much the same it just has a different device and different specified lengths in between devices but really i dont see how either of them help I ve found things on the next that show diagrams as well as have text explaining them but no where does it explain HOW this overcomes the problem of a non perminant office causing cable length problems All that I kinda get is that if you use a wall jack you wont be stuck with a long cable run all the way from the telecomm room to a Pc and then if it was moved meter away the cable might not reach so a jack is convenient but the use of these other quot thingies quot and standards have no use as far as i understand the whole topic I hope my question is clear enough please could someone enlighten me regards Matt nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tia-568-tsb-75-wiring-standards.147565/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have two questions, first one is about cable length. Does it matter in internet speed? I have a 20 meter ethernet cable, and a 20 meter dsl cable, and i wanted to know if it is going to make a difference in speed or latency ( delay ).

Also, in theory, i have two wireless modems.
One is a N Wireless Router and the other one is a G i think. The thing is one transfers at 300 MBPS and the other at 54 MBPS . So, the signal strength would be calculated with MBPS x Signal strength right? Like 50% x 300?

So in theory, a 20% signal from the 300 MBPS Modem would be better then a 50% signal from the other modem? And does the signal really matter for a 10 MB connection?

A:Signal and Wiring

Your cable distance in your home won't matter. Just think about how far you are aware from the source server. If it's 500 miles away, what's 20 more feet.

Your wireless question is likely irrelevant since both would outrun your Internet speed anyway. However, for transferring between the 2 machines on your LAN it would make a difference. Personally, I hardwire them if I can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141853-signal-wiring.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I am as of right now busy on wiring up my new mother board (Biostar U8668D v7.3) to a Mercury Juliet case. I cannot figure out which direction to insert the front panel wiring onto the pins on the board. I have the manual and understand where they go, but what direction should they face? Obviously, if I guess wrong, everything will be wired backwards and I am sure the results would be a disaster. The motherboard manual makes it quite clear what is + or - etc., however, the case had no instructions and the only indication is a small arrow on one side of each harness and the wire colors, niether of which is helping me right now.

Relevancy 39.56%

Everytime i do a build my wiring inside the case is alway less than perfect to say the least so what this post is about is just to ask if anyone has any tips or guides to tidying the interior wiring up in a computer. The PSU i use in my main system has quite long cables and i just alway have a problem trying to get them neat and tucked away so i can encourage good airflow. So like i said does anyone have any tips or know where i can find some good guides to the wiring. I just bought the Antec nine hundred case so this is the one i'm currently trying to tidy up. Thanks a lot for any help. Max.

Relevancy 39.56%

I recently had my Nexxtech wheelmouse go kaput on me, so I popped it open to peek inside. I found that one of the wires had broken; but for some reason, I couldn't find where exactly it was suppoed to go to - the wiring on the board inside the mouse was fine, and clearly written down, but I couldn't find the brown wire anywhere. Any ideas? (I'll try and get a model number for it, and e-mail the manufacturer about a schematic later, but for now, I was wondering if anyone would know what this mysterious fifth wire might be for).

Relevancy 39.56%

I own a HP Pavillion a330n that was kept in factory condition except for RAM upgrade. There have been some parts removed and I would like to put it back together for the kids. Does anyone know where I can find a few detailed pics of the wiring for the inside of the tower? I've tried the HP web site with no luck. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I've been looking for about a month now!

Relevancy 39.56%

I would like to wire 2 fans together so I can plug them both into one fan plug. Should I cut one of the fan wires about half way and then cut the other fans plug off and then splice them together with butt connectors or something? How can I also make it look neat and not all cut up?

Relevancy 39.56%

hi guys I have read that you can switch the wires on a pin molex fan connector to quiet the fan down by this I mean instead of the standard yellow and black wires v and ground you use the yellow and red v and v am I to assume that this makes the fan run on volts I have also read that not all power supplies can handle this as in perhaps fan re-wiring questions some cheap PSUs will overload or something Let me give some background as to why I ask this question I have an Antec TP power supply it is a nice PSU and it has two quot fan-only quot pin molex connectors with only yellow and black no red and black when I connect my fans up to this they run so slow that you cannot hear them at all if I plug them into a regular pin molex they run fast and fan re-wiring questions loud I bought a vantec fan speed controller and hooked my fans up to it now the issue is that I love the silence of the antec fan only connectors but i want to be able to speed them up as well when the system gets warmer but the vantec fan speed controller s variable - v lowest setting is still quite noisy so my question is drumroll please the fan fan re-wiring questions controller has outputs but only input if I changed the input to use just the red and yellow no black wires would that lower my fan speeds and still give me the ability to control them or would this damage my fans or my fan controller thanks alot guys you are awesome nbsp

A:fan re-wiring questions

I can`t answer your question I`m afraid.

However, while you are awaiting further replies, perhaps you might want to take a look at this thread HERE. You may find it of interest.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-re-wiring-questions.51451/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I've just upgrade my power supply and thought that it would be a good idea to take the 8cm fan out of my old unit to use as a case fan. When i opened up the unit, i found that the case fan only has two wires coming out of it, a red 1 and a black 1. These are soldered directly into the PCB of the circuit. I need to know how I can get these to connect into a standard molex or fan connector. This is what i've thought of so far:

Red ---------- splits to Red molex and Yellow molex

Black -------- splits to Black molex and Black molex

Can anybody tell me whether or not this will work and if not, what else I can do to get this fan to work.

Thanks

Andy

A:Wiring a case fan - please help

Look for any indications in the sticker on that Fan. There must be a model number or something which might say 12 or 5. Probably 12volt.
In the molex connectors, yellow=+12v, red=+5v, black=ground.
NEVER EVER connect the red and yellow together, your powersupply will DIE.

To try out that old fan, with your case open and the PC on, connect the black fan-wire to one of the black molex wires (either will do) and connect the red fan-wire to the red 5v molex. If the speed is normal, fine. If it is real slow, try the red-fan on the yellow-molex, but just hold it loose against it. If it wants to 'take off', it is probably a 5v fan. Watch your fingers though, those blades are sharp!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wiring-a-case-fan-please-help.22442/
Relevancy 39.56%

Have machine with PC Chips mother board marked = M810D.
While changing HDD I inadvertently pulled a passle of wires loose from a connector block in approximate center of board. Have no idea which wire plugs onto which pin. Have googled until my fingers are sore. Anybody have any idea where I can find a wiring diagram for this mb?

A:Wiring diagram?

PC Chips has 2 or 3 810D's listed. Maybe this one will give you the pinout info you need. You can download the manual at this link.

http://www.pcchipsusa.com/PCCWebSit...tailid=249&DetailName=Manual&MenuID=7&LanID=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wiring-diagram.628326/
Relevancy 39.56%

I purchased a dual Pentium III Need MB Help I Wiring M Pro with have Case IBM MPro server motherboard with the intention of sticking it into this tall server like case that I have plenty of room Need Help Wiring M Pro MB with Case I have lots of air flow Well I m not sure how to go about wiring the board to the case I have the wiring harness with Need Help Wiring M Pro MB with Case I have the correct connector to plug into the MB but the problem is wiring the other end to the case wires shown below The Green is labeled Power LED The Black is labeled Power Switch The Orange is labeled Reste Switch The Yellow is labeled H H D LED The Red is labeled H H D LED Here s what the other end of the wiring harness for the MB looks like The wiring harness has from left to right a white black green yellow red orange and a bare wire The far left is some sort of filler stuff I guess Any advice and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated I have Ghz P s and GB of RDRAM just waiting to be tested nbsp

A:Need Help Wiring M Pro MB with Case I have

It's not much but.....,

I managed to find the (or at least a) motherboard manual for an M pro intellistation on IBM's website. Here's the link: http://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/sy...cdisplay?brandind=5000008&lndocid=JBAR-3TLL22 It's all I got, I hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-wiring-m-pro-mb-with-case-i-have.86897/
Relevancy 39.56%

Where can I find a wiring diagram for my HP Pavilion a1010n?  I took out the power supply  to get a new one and I forgot where the wires go.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wiring-Diagram/td-p/5788004
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey there,

I want to do a little bit of fiddling with some things.
I've got this::

A USB-Serial Controller

And this::

A serial mouse - yes! A SERIAL mouse!!

But can't get it going - I cannot find a driver anywhere (don't know mfgr of USB serial controller)

I have also ::

As you can see here - it's a USB cable - actually from an old web cam but I cut the connector off to expose wires.

Could I get this connected to the mouse through a combination of electronic wizardry and erm...divine intervention?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi;
I want to run a cat5e up a wall which also has several Romex (unshielded, non-metallic) AC cables.
I am planning to run the 5e cable at least 16" (distance between studs), but if I need to be further from the AC, then I will run it further away.

I am also going to run a CATV (RG62) up the wall. I would assume that I should not run the CATV wire too close to the cat5e cable either.

Thanks

FW

A:Cat5e: How far from AC wiring?

Keep the wires at least six inches apart and you should be okay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cat5e-how-far-from-ac-wiring.108695/
Relevancy 39.56%

Attempting to move my system to a new case I m encountering a problem in setting New Wiring Case up the front panel LEDs amp switches to my motherboard Every source I Wiring New Case check says Wiring New Case to check the motherboard manual but after trying the configuration in the manual multiple times I m more hesitant to keep trying new things fearing the something my short out Could someone post a simple solution setup for this GIGABYTE GA- IG -G mobo manual at http www giga-byte com Motherboard Support Manual Manual GA- IG -G htm COOLER-MASTER Centurion case http www coolermaster com index p rial CAC-T amp other title CAC-T Centurion The connector on the motherboard has pins showing - MSG - PW - HD LED - RES NC no charge not sure what NC stands for The case has wires POWER SW blue white HDD LED orange white RESET SW gray gray and unmarked wires green white with just - on them assuming they re power LED MSG Any help much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I'm building a low end desktop computer. using antec case & power supply. No wiring harness came with the goods. Not even a diagram. Haven't built a computer for a good long while. Is there a wiring harness guide I can dl?? Thanks, Ken

A:wiring harness id

Go to the manufacturers website for the motherboard you are using.
Go to the support section to download a manual for your motherboard.
The front panel wires for the case should have markings on the connectors.
The motherboard manual will show where to connect them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wiring-harness-id.972898/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm getting ready to wire my home with an On-q like setup. I'm going to be getting one of these here only slightly different: http://shop2.frys.com/product/4694308?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The one I'm going to be getting has about 12-24 ports, I can't remember what their called, but the wiring punches down on the rear usually see these boards on a rack setup. My question is my modem will go into my router, but then out of my router how do I need to wire it to that 12/24 port board so that the router will pass ip addresses to any device that plugs into the borad?

Would I come out of my router into say port 1 on the board using a cross-over?

Relevancy 39.56%

Okay so here is the deal We are remodelling our basement and decided to run internet cables downstairs and through the walls so that we would have an ethernet port downstairs However the ethernet port is not working for some reason As far as we can tell the pins are lined up correctly this has been verified by a pin checker and even then the port does not find the Wiring problems? network Anyone know what Wiring problems? may be causing this issue Additional facts - Connected to a Linksys Wrt gs router - A second wire run from the same router but not thru the walls works fine with the systems downstairs - All other ports on the router work fine - Have tried switching ports on the router didn t work - Wiring problems? have tried restarting modem and router didn t work - Wire running thourgh the walls is running alongside with some TV cables -- Possible interference - Wire is a CAT e cable nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I'm taking on my first full fledge wiring job in a good size building, and i was wondering if it would be better to either run just one cable into each office and install a switch for the 3-4 PC's in each office, or run a seperate cable for each PC itself? Is there any downside to using a switch for each office?? Thanks!

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a customer that has a small home network running into a patch panel then a switch with a port wireless router plugged into the switch There are two wired ethernet computers and two wireless ones All the PCs can connect to the internet no problem The wireless ones can also connect to their exchange sever which is hosted on quot problem? Wiring LAN the cloud quot but the wired ones cannot I am at a loss as to why this would be Surely if they LAN Wiring problem? can connect to the internet the exchange sever would be LAN Wiring problem? accessible also There was a lightning strike a few weeks ago which ruined their wireless hub and we have replaced that so they are back up and running but this exchange problem is really odd Could it be a wiring problem as that is what it is pointing to Or is the switch faulty and not sending the exchange packets through properly Any thoughts most welcome Beckey nbsp

A:LAN Wiring problem?

Assuming that when you say you replaced the wireless hub you mean the router, then there might be firewall settings for the wired connections that are preventing access. Also, if no other changes have been made then it would be the router in my opinion.

Also unless the switch is managed then a lightning strike wouldn't cause a problem on the switch (basically you would get all or nothing)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-wiring-problem.1063024/
Relevancy 39.56%

does anyone know where to find a website that will tell where the (hddlead)(red&white) the (power switch)(black&white) and the (power led)(green&white) wires go on a e machine w4682

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello out there, I replaced both fans on my HP 750c Pavilion Desktop and i did not write down where the  wire connectors went. They are numbers #2,#3,#4,#5,#6........any help would be great. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Wiring-connectors/td-p/5847167
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello everyone I have recently been trying to get the pre-wired ethernet cables that run to my room Ethernet wiring troubles up and running but have encountered a few problems I first figured out which two wires led from my office to the hub-type area in my sisters room and then which one ran from there to my room I fitted these cables with ethernet Ethernet wiring troubles cat e plugs as they were previously not in use and then went on to test each segment of cable for continuity The tester I had was only pin but from what I could tell all of the cables were carrying a signal Since all of these cables and plugs I had put together seemed to be working properly I plugged the end in the office into the modem router combination thing comcast gave us and the end in my room into my other router which has my desktop plugged into it For some reason my modem in the office won t recognize my router on the other end and connect with it even though when I tested the continuity I was able to get a signal all the way through I m really stumped as to what could be causing this problem and would love to hear any advice you guys may have to provide Thanks nbsp

A:Ethernet wiring troubles

While you may be able to find the signal, the question is is the wiring to the pins correct? It's not enough to make sure you have continuity.

Here is a diagram:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-wiring-troubles.1110861/
Relevancy 39.13%

So I started building my pc not too long ago and I was having some trouble with connecting the wires I am following a guide a video guide and a written guide and neither of them really say anything So I installed the CD ROM and the HDD and plugged in the power thing directly from psu it was keyed to fit and connected the CD ROM and HDD from the same wire multiple connector things I also plugged in the quot SATA Signal Cable quot into the HDD and into the motherboard so now they are linked There is still an pin thing that with CDROM Please HDD and wiring mobo help to I don t know what the hell to do with which is on the HDD Also for the CD ROM there is nothing connecting to it only the power cable What am I supposed to connect to this so Please help with wiring HDD and CDROM to mobo that it will work I have another quot SATA Signal Cable quot but I don t know if that would be able to work and link the HDD and the CD ROM together they are supposed to be linked right If you know anything about this please help because I apparently don t have any other wires to link anything Thanks nbsp

A:Please help with wiring HDD and CDROM to mobo

Are you following your motherboard manual?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-with-wiring-hdd-and-cdrom-to-mobo.112964/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys here is what im working with to let you know right from the start :
MOBO = ABIT IP35
CPU = Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775
RAM = G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Video Card = 8800GTS
PSU = 600W Ultra X-Finity

Well I hooked everything up wired correctly and what not i go to push the power button on case and nothing happens at all, no fans start nothing. Led light on mobo is lit , i thought is was PSU i swapped a working 680W in and same thing happens. Question is, is the cpu doa, or is the power button wire faulty on the case? I tested everything else on friends computer except cpu, he has same set up as me and his computer boots up.

A:Bad Processor or Case wiring

to test if it is the case ... use a screw driver but be very careful an touch the two pins on the mobo that the power switch is to be connected to ... make sure an confirm that u are usin the power on pins.... an remember be very careful this will simulate the power switch of the case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-processor-or-case-wiring.93241/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to wire my home with cat 5 for internet and have an Open House panel and it has an 8 port patch panel. How does the incoming internet get into the patch panel or am I missing something?

A:Patch Panel wiring

Patch panel goes to your router/switch/firewall on its LAN ports. The WAN port on the router/switch/firewall goes to your Cable or DSL modem, which in turn goes out to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patch-panel-wiring.1098931/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I have a problem and wondered if anyone can help. It isn't specific to window 7 but I am building a computer to run 7 using old parts. My Antec case has two HDD LED cables but my Asus mono only has one input socket. Also the speaker cable only has a red and black cable in a four pin plug but the mobo socket has four pins marked speaker/ground/ground/+5v. If I use two HDD's how do I get both LEDs to work and will the speaker work with just the two cables instead of four. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Case wiring problem

Need some system specs, make/model of all hardware. I'm not sure what you're referring to with 2 HDD LED cables for your case. All the cases I've ever seen have one HDD light and that's the activity light. As for the socket to plug into, again not sure what your talking about. HDD's have 2 cables for attaching to the system, power and data and depending on age of HDD, as to what kind of cables those would be. Old IDE HDD's have the 20 pin or 40 pin ribbon cable for data and a 4 pin molex connector for power. Modern drives have SATA connections for both power and data.

If your mobo supports IDE HDD's you will only have one slot on the mobo for connection. You will need a 20/40 pin ribbon cable with master and slave connections. There are also IDE to SATA adapters to go from old style IDE to SATA if your mobo has SATA ports.

http://www.talktoanit.com/A+/aplus-w...ide-cables.jpg

http://pctechguide.com/images/tutorials/mboard/ides.jpg

http://techfleece.com/wp-content/upl...ide-cables.jpg

Here's a pretty good video on it from youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwbboeMO7b8

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291009-case-wiring-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi! Can anybody help me please, I have a AB BH6 mother board,
the sockets to plug the power switch, standby etc into, I have no idea,

on one corner there is the connection pins,
There is 11 pins at the back of this,
the first one is SMI, (then) pow, on hdd, keylock
next row sp led, speaker, reset,
now I know the power wires of the tower and where they go (pow), also the reset, and speaker,
now the tower has a standby switch, where do these wires go,
and there are three lights
one I guess the icon looks like a battery,
the next one like a flash of lightning, ( guess that is power )
the other is like a light globe. I have looked for a site for this board but could not find anything about these that helps me, can somebody help with this or tell me a site which can help me, thanking you.

A:AB BH6 motherboard-wiring connections

You can download the manual which should have the pinouts here
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/manual.php?categories=1&model=98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ab-bh6-motherboard-wiring-connections.222519/
Relevancy 39.13%

I bought a new case and the front panel power wires don't fit in my Mobo, can I clip the old front panel power wire off and rewire them onto my new front panel so I can actually plug it in and use the case?

A:Re-wiring front panel, how?

More info: the new case hookups are all 2 socket pins and my old case that actually works is a large socket that plugs into mobo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-wiring-front-panel-how.920640/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have the ASROCK DUAL 939 motherboard, it has two fan connectors, one for CPU and one for `case fan` 3pin.

On the Thermaltake Tsunami Dreams case there are the regular big molex connectors for the case fans, but there is also a small brown 3 pin connector (same as cpu) with a single yellow wire only, coming from fan, would this brown connector go to my remaining `case fan` connector and do I have to connect the big molex connectors from the fan as well please.

Hope you can help, thank you.

A:Tsunami Case Fan Wiring?

"Sounds like" the fan requires the Molex connector because of the current draw,but you are provided with a 'fan status' connection via the 3 pin connector.

I once connected a case fan to the MOBO 3 pin 'other' fan connector, and burned it out

Fortunately nothing else was damaged and I then put it on a Molex plug, and it worked fine. Evidently it drew to much current.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tsunami-case-fan-wiring.436817/
Relevancy 39.13%

i have plantronics dsp500 but ive ripped a few wires out from the volume control part and cant find which goes where.

they are from the end where there is 10 solder joints, the ones i need are

L
R
G
S1
S2

would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsp500-wiring-problem.435486/
Relevancy 39.13%

Is it safe to put the CPU Power wire between the motherboard and back part of the case? I will lay the wire flat against the case and screw the motherboard over it.

Relevancy 39.13%

I have just upgraded from an MS 6577 mobo to an Asus p4v8x-mx mobo. Everything was going smooth until i tried to connect the front panel connectors. They are very different from the pin layout on the mobo. Do I need to cut the connectors off and hook up single connectors to make this work? or is there an easier way?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi DSL Line Two to Buildings Wiring Same there I m trying to help my dad out and run our internet from the house out to his shop which is about an acre away from the house We ve tried messing with the phone lines to get a DSL connection to run through an existing line to the shop but apparently you can t have two connections on the Wiring Two Buildings to Same DSL Line same line We use AT amp T unfortunately Wiring Two Buildings to Same DSL Line and they were absolutely no help at all just told us that we needed to buy more of whatever crap they re selling I ve thought about Wifi extenders but the problem is getting it though the metal building I m almost to the point of just digging a trench and running an ethernet cable all the way out there but I feel like there s got to be a more practical way of doing it Does anyone have any suggestions I can get pictures and more detailed information if needed Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wiring Two Buildings to Same DSL Line

but I feel like there's got to be a more practical way of doing it.Click to expand...

Yes; hire a qualified electrician who knows how to properly ground the ethernet cable. You may still be able to save money by digging the trench or whatever.

You may be able to use Wi-Fi if you have line of sight and depending on the distance. Do the buildings have facing windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wiring-two-buildings-to-same-dsl-line.1111520/
Relevancy 39.13%

Please advise of a local-American that is close to me, Austin, ,Texas, that can re-locate and then re-connect ... so that I can use my computer to the place in the computer area .... like you and I here in this 'complaint'.

PLEASE ... I am 75 ... had a recent stroke ... and do not have the 'know-how' to do it on my own.

PLEASE help me with someone that can ... repair my AX1430-UR12P ... PLEAUSE ...

[edited for privacy]

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Have-a-wiring-in-computer-that-was-unwired-by-an-unwanted-idiot/td-p/439497
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a TPeople (I'd never heard of them either!) case with two front USB ports and an Asus M3N78-VM motherboard. My problem is wiring the front USB's to the motherboard. I have checked other threads but none of thier wires match what mine say. I have four wires with this on them:

+
PORT -
-
PORT +

There are two sets of the above. The wires are cased in an outer casing and there are two main wires with the four smaller ones poking out of the end. I have never seen anything like them before. All of the other USB's I've wired have been fairly easy to follow but this one has me very confused. I have the motherboard manuel at hand if thats any help to anyone.

Can anyone help?!

Thanks

A:Front USB wiring problems

Could you possibly take a photo of the front panel usb connectors?

As far as my knowledge stretches, you should have a 10 pin connector, and the default layout is something like this..

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 0

1= Usb power
2= p-5
3= p+5
4= Ground
5=Dummy
6=usb power
7= p-4
8= p+4
9= Ground
0= is a blank

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-wiring-problems.130135/
Relevancy 39.13%

So after years of drop outs disconnects and infuriating speeds Internal Please fault? help! wiring I have come to the conclusion that the fault lies with my own wiring Bummer After being told and me refusing to accept Internal wiring fault? Please help! that this is where the problem lies I decided to test my router downstairs in a different plug The connection has stayed up for longer than ever but I NEED my router next to this computer and this is Internal wiring fault? Please help! where the faulty extension socket is I also know its not my ISP or external line we have had both changed with no luck So how do I fix the problem The connection is intermittent but when it does work the normal speeds are reached and everything is fine for an hour or there abouts after which the connection drops This is not so with the other socket downstairs Make of router is a NETGEAR modem router connected to an ADSL line This computer is connected by ethernet and is running vista although im fairly sure you didnt need to know that What can I do to fix this Thanks very much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Is it possible to wire a netbook to a monitor
THANKS

A:Wiring a Netboook to a Monitor

If it has a VGA port, connect a monitor to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wiring-a-netboook-to-a-monitor.1025116/
Relevancy 39.13%

hay everbody: need to known what colors to what pins.

mouse is a microsoft 1.2A PS/2 the new plug has or is 6 pin mini-din.

thanks for any help. chip

A:wiring a new plug to a mouse

Hi,

Ever consider buying a new mouce? They are like $10. Compared to the amount of tinkering around you will have to do now, and in the future when the connection loosens up a bit you may be better off buying one.
~ Lyrical ~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wiring-a-new-plug-to-a-mouse.100920/
Relevancy 39.13%

My question is regaurding the Orange wire.

First of all, I'm assuming that AT power supplies have a standardized color scheme on the wiring.

I noticed on one of mine, it says the orange is "Power good."

Does this mean it signals some set voltage to this wire when the power is stabalized?
Thank you,

Nic

A:AT Power supply Wiring

Power good needs to be there or the system shuts down, most PSU manufacturers make it so the power good will go low just before the PSU fails.

One friend of mine forced it high to make a power supply work though it died shortly after.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-power-supply-wiring.200931/
Relevancy 39.13%

Do I connect the back panel case fan to the North Bridge or Sys fan on MB? Or direct to PSU?

A:Solved: PC wiring newb

You can connect a chassis fan to a motherboard header as long as the fan doesn't draw more amps than the header limit.

You can also connect it to a power supply "fan only connector" (if provided on the power supply) or to any 4 pin Molex connector with a fan adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-wiring-newb.904947/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've broken a screen before and I replaced it with a new one. I'm not sure if I wired it wrong or if it's loose, but there were streaks of purple and reddish colors down my screen. Over time they went away, but now there's a big spike on one side of my screen that just gets worst. I've tried dead pixel locators and fixers, but they have done nothing.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about, thanks for helping.

A:Not sure if dead pixels or wiring

is it the same in safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-if-dead-pixels-or-wiring.1086186/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi i am wiring up a cat6 setup in a community project i am doing.But i need your help to help sort the wiring. Ive done a picture below of the patch panel cables and socket and i hope someone can help me by telling me where the wires are to go. Ive followed the color codes but still get no connectivity. please can someone tell me how to wire up the sockets to the patch panel it be a big help thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-wiring-my-cat6-network-up.1001349/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just purchased some RJ-45 jacks for Cat5e and discovered that they were marked incorrectly. The error is that the blue pair is inverted according to 568A & 568B standards. (Pin 4 is color coded for white/blue and pin 5 is blue.) Some of these jacks were terminated onto plenum cables with correctly marked RJ-45 jacks on the other end. The effect is that TRD2+ and TRD2- get swapped from one end to the other. I'm guessing this going to cause a problem. Is it?

A:Cat5e wiring problem

I would say it sill cause an issue eventually. It would be best to pull them all and wire them all up 568B

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5e-wiring-problem.1027881/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just bought a fixer upper house and before I paint the walls I'm thinking of wiring the entire house with network plugs. What type of cable should I use. Is the standard ethernet cable adequate or is there anything new that is going to replace it?

Relevancy 39.13%

Please advise of a local-American that is close to me, Austin, ,Texas, that can re-locate and then re-connect ... so that I can use my computer to the place in the computer area .... like you and I here in this 'complaint'.

PLEASE ... I am 75 ... had a recent stroke ... and do not have the 'know-how' to do it on my own.

PLEASE help me with someone that can ... repair my AX1430-UR12P ... PLEAUSE ...

[edited for privacy]

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Have-a-wiring-in-computer-that-was-unwired-by-an-unwanted-idiot/td-p/439497/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a w power adapter from an older notebook that will work with my nbsp HP DV - nr I transport my notebook between home and office I'd like to nbsp utilize the older power brick so that I won't need to transport a power brick back and forth The tips on both adapters of course are of a different diameter nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp My multi-tester identifies that the tip is hot for both adapters The problem I have is that the older power brick has two wires nbsp core wire and shield - and nbsp the nbsp newer power adapter has three wires shield that is connected to the nbsp core of tip black that is connected to outer part of cylindrical shaft that Power adapter? Wiring for must be the ground and nbsp white connected to inner part of cylindrical shaft also negative nbsp So do nbsp the black and white wires on the newer adapter need to be soldered nbsp to the shield on the older one nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Wiring for Power adapter?

Just a guess, since it is 90watt, they may have run the extra wire to carry the load, shield is always much larger than center tip wire. Did you measure voltage and ploarity of all three connections with the brick plugged in? Tip is always + and ouside is always - on a HP, not sure what the third is, see if there is any voltage on it, It could also be some sort of sensor wire for the charging system on the mobo. Better to buy another adapter than smoke the motherboard on the lappy taking a chance. If you want to chance it just connect the two wires that are on the center and outside. Leave the 3rd odd one unconnected. probably can be found used for cheap.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wiring-for-Power-adapter/td-p/746693