Windows Support Forum

Samsung HDD failing SMART test

Q: Samsung HDD failing SMART test

When I run the SMART short and extended test in the bios they both fail. If your drive fails these test you should definitely replace your hard drive?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Samsung HDD failing SMART test

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Samsung HDD failing SMART test

Most likely yes, it could be false positive but tits usually not and an indication that the drive is not performing up to the full specifications or the drive has failures.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-hdd-failing-smart-test.932362/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi Folks I have a Sony HDD Failing Results Test SMART - Vaio laptop that s less than a year and a half old I replaced the HDD once when it died Fujitsu brand but now I m afraid I might be having more Failing HDD - SMART Test Results problems I primarily use Windows Vista please spare me the jokes but I was able to boot into Ubuntu LiveCD to run SMART tests I am posting the SMART results for the short test below and I m hoping Failing HDD - SMART Test Results somebody can help me interpret them because I have no idea what they mean I ran the long SMART test too but it gave the same results I really appreciate any help I really hope there s a way to recover my data and save the drive Some symptoms Cannot boot into Vista says registry corrupted Cannot boot into windows recovery partition to run the startup repair it starts booting but hangs with black screen and white pointer which I can move around I can t even boot from Vaio Restore CD it also hangs at black screen HDD activity light solid Here s the SMART results email protected sudo smartctl -a dev sda smartctl version i -pc-linux-gnu Copyright - Bruce Allen Home page is http smartmontools sourceforge net START OF INFORMATION SECTION Device Model FUJITSU MHX BT Serial Number K T E Y Firmware Version B User Capacity bytes Device is Not in smartctl database for details use -P showall ATA Version is ATA Standard is Not recognized Minor revision code x Local Time is Wed Mar UTC SMART support is Available - device has SMART capability SMART support is Enabled START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION SMART overall-health self-assessment test result PASSED General SMART Values Offline data collection status x Offline data collection activity was never started Auto Offline Data Collection Disabled Self-test execution status The previous self-test completed having the read element of the test failed Total time to complete Offline data collection seconds Offline data collection capabilities x b SMART execute Offline immediate Auto Offline data collection on off support Suspend Offline collection upon new command Offline surface scan supported Self-test supported Conveyance Self-test supported Selective Self-test supported SMART capabilities x Saves SMART data before entering power-saving mode Supports SMART auto save timer Error logging capability x Error logging supported General Purpose Logging supported Short self-test routine recommended polling time minutes Extended self-test routine recommended polling time minutes Conveyance self-test routine recommended polling time minutes SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds ID ATTRIBUTE NAME FLAG VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE UPDATED WHEN FAILED RAW VALUE Raw Read Error Rate x f Pre-fail Always - Throughput Performance x Pre-fail Offline - Spin Up Time x Pre-fail Always - Start Stop Count x Old age Always - Reallocated Sector Ct x Pre-fail Always - Seek Error Rate x f Pre-fail Always - Seek Time Performance x Pre-fail Offline - Power On Hours x Old age Always - Spin Retry Count x Pre-fail Always - Power Cycle Count x Old age Always - Power-Off Retract Count x Old age Always - Load Cycle Count x Old age Always - Temperature Celsius x Old age Always - Lifetime Min Max Hardware ECC Recovered x a Old age Always - Reallocated Event Count x Old age Always - Current Pending Sector x Old age Always - Offline Uncorrectable x Old age Offline - UDMA CRC Error Count x e Old age Always - Multi Zone Error Rate x f Pre-fail Always - Run Out Cancel x Old age Always - Head Flying Hours x e Old age Always - SMART Error Log Version ATA Error Count device log contains only the most recent five errors CR Command Register HEX FR Features Register HEX SC Sector Count Register HEX SN Sector Number Register HEX CL Cylinder Low Register HEX CH Cylinder High Register HEX DH Device Head Register HEX DC Device Command Register HEX ER Error register HEX ST Status register HEX Powered Up Time is measured from power on and prin... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failing-hdd-smart-test-results.806458/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I recently ran a scheduled diagnostic test of my PC with the manufacturer's diagnostic software. I received two error messages and the advice to promptly replace my hard drive. The first message was Failed (Error code: WHD20-1VR) and the second was Failed (Error code: WHD16-T57). The apply to Targeted Read test and Smart Short Self Test respectively.

So I ran Chkdsk for the C: drive and received no error messages.

Which is correct and what should I do about it? The error message won't go away on the software.

Thanks for helping.

A:Question: Failed Targeted Read Test and SMART Short Self Test

CHKDSK is a very basic check that mostly checks file system and can be set to scan for bad sectors. The manufacturer's diagnostics actually check the physical drive to make sure its operating within the designed parameters and is more thorough.

You should replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-failed-targeted-read-test-and-smart-short-self-test.1003278/
Relevancy 68.8%

I ran the hardware test this morning and everything passed but the SMART short self test. It failed and gave me this code. WHD01V00G-BK7W0J It says to send to Lenovo but I don't know where. I also can't add my laptop to my products on my account. I keep getting a message #WL Service Busy #   What do I do?

A:Hardware test shows SMART short self test failure.

hi Smurfette,

Welcome to the Forums.

The image below is the breakdown on how the LSC error codes mean.
  - Link to picture

The SMART short self-test that failed may have detected some certain sectors on the drive that are bad and predicted an imminent HDD failure so I would recommend you contact the lenovo helpdesk and report your findings as you likely need to send the unit for service.

If you're in the US, this is the number to call:

Phone Number: 1-877-4-Lenovo (1-877-453-6686)
upported Language: EnglishHours of operation: 24 hours/day 7 days/week

Support phone list

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Hardware-test-shows-SMART-short-self-test-failure/td-p/2203055
Relevancy 68.8%

hineed help.....After running LSC hardware scan, both targeted read test and smart short self test failed witherror code: WHD01V00I-UL7BBJDevice: WDC WD10JPCX-24UE4T0-931.51 GBsby the way my lappy is LENOVO G50 with windows10 inbuilt.I've seen similar messages and most of them recommend for replacement... Do I really have to do that...Please help me out 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/targeted-read-test-and-smart-short-self-test-failing/td-p/3366109
Relevancy 68.37%

I remember about two months ago I was doing stress testing just to test the stability of my computer. Whenever I did a test that tested a lot of RAM, the test would fail within minutes and it would say "Execution Halted.."

Just recently I did an RMA with kingston and they sent me 2 brand new sticks of RAM which I installed. I just now got around to testing again but the test still fails within minutes - I am stumped.

Is it possible my memory controller / motherboard is bad? The RAM is brand new.

A:prime95 stress test/torture test failing within minutes even after installing new RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prime95-stress-test-torture-test-failing-within-minutes-even-after-installing-new-ram.721447/
Relevancy 68.37%

Lenovo Solutions Center on my Thinkpad Yoga 14 displays: SMART Status Test FailedSMART Short Self Test FailedResult code: WHD01F001-WL7Z9L Please help. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/SMART-status-and-SMART-Short-Self-Test-Failed/td-p/3330413
Relevancy 67.94%

hi
need help.....
After running LSC hardware scan, both targeted read test and smart short self test failed with
error code: WHD01V00I-UL7BBJ
Device: WDC WD10JPCX-24UE4T0-931.51 GBs
by the way my lappy is LENOVO G50 with windows10 inbuilt.
I've seen similar messages and most of them recommend for replacement... Do I really have to do that...
Please help me out

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G50 - targeted read test and smart short self test...

Hi there, Naveen-
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

The SMART Self-Test Unit means that the diagnostic utility failed to read some certain sectors on the drive and predicted an imminent HDD failure.

If with the test you did you are getting a SMART test or a smart short test failure then I believe you need to back up your data and be ready to replace the drive.

I recommend you contact Lenovo support and report your findings as you likely need to send the unit for service.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-targeted-read-test-and-smart-short-self-test-failing/td-p/3366109
Relevancy 64.93%

Smart Self Drive Test, Smart Short Drive Test and Targeted Read Test All the above options keep coming up with the status option of a red cross after I have carried out a hardware scan, can you tell what I have to do to correct this.  I have a Desktop H520s.  It is out of warranty.

A:Smart Self Drive Test, Smart Short Drive Test and ...

Hi whitedesire , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Best that you back up all your files are the harddrive would soon fail.
SMART test are harddrive integrity test that pre warns before it crashes and that you may need to change the harddrive very soon.  You may need to create your installer media too. 

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Smart-Self-Drive-Test-Smart-Short-Drive-Test-and-Targeted-Read/td-p/3463478
Relevancy 61.06%

smart drive short test passes while smart drive self test returns cannot perform self test gives error code WHD01V000-WJKBBE

A:smart drive short test passes while smart drive se...

Hi Jefferylhenry,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per your query we understood that you are facing issue with HDD drive on ThinkPad system.
Please download HD tune application and run the application and click on Health, this will start the HDD test and confirms if there is any issue in the drive. You can take necessary action depending upon the result.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/smart-drive-short-test-passes-while-smart-drive-self-test/td-p/1624494
Relevancy 61.06%

My lenovo think pad x220 with windows 10 64 bit passes the hardware scan but indicates a warning on the Smart Drive Self Test.  The short test passes. Diagnostics
SMART Status Test Passed
Targeted Read Test Passed
Random Seek Test Passed
Funnel Seek Test Passed
SMART Short Self Test Passed
SMART Drive Self Test Warning

Result Code: WHD01V000-WLKZBF

Storage devicesWhat should I do about this?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Smart-Drive-Short-Self-Test-Passes-Smart-Drive-Self-Test-Warning/td-p/3326192
Relevancy 59.77%

Why some HDD dislike SMART check up?

HD Tune is poison for Samsung drives and will add Unknown parameters why is that?

After using SMART tools on Samsung drives will slow down, make more noise and Temp will go up just little bit.

Reading Samsung drive with SMART will make drive old by two years at lest.

A:Samsung and SMART

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have three Samsung drives here, and reading the SMART parameters has never done anything to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-and-smart.908104/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello My SSD Ssd Samsung Evo GB motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z Mark UEFI So i want to write about my issues with Windows just before format when i was on MBR partition I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not So listen Windows get somehow broken First When starting Windows boot loader starts by quot preparing automatic repair quot and diagnosing pc Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not failing? SSD my Evo 850 Samsung Is start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc And when i click restart then Windows boot fine So i am needing boots to boot properly to windows Automatic Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing? repair started every restart of pc every start of pc Next When i was in Windows Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding I was clicking and nothing happening Somebody with the same SSD Samsung Evo get similiar issues and ssd was faulty Link Samsung EVO a festival of problems - Intel - Storage He said quot From this point everything went to hell and Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing? after multiple windows reinstalls here's some of what happens - Windows installs but errors immediately follows - Some windows updates install but eventually start Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing? failing until windows update fails completely - Windows installs updates install but eventually windows fails to load and enters repair mode claiming startup errors - Programs stop working for no apparent reason some examples Browsers won't run file associations disappear class registration errors explorer - Driver problems with peripherals - File system corruption errors - I got situations where the computer would get stuck in a reboot system restore repair loop quot Its similiar issues That was similiar symptoms to my symptoms what i get before format And he change ssd and issues are gone So thats mean i have faulty ssd or not necessary Also this is my smart look and check Smart is fine no errors in memtest and i have normal good SSD benchmark scores Any ideas why i was get problems Is this related to my SSD or more software cause

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47251-my-ssd-samsung-evo-850-failing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello! I bought a new hdd drive and it has values of reallocated sector count and uncorrectable sector count both 252. As far as I understand they should be 0. What does it mean?

A:smart test issue

These are usually signs of a potential failure of the hard disk. Are there any obvious signs that the disk is having issues (clicking noises, unresponsive system, constant disk light activity)? Ensure you make regular backups, and consider replacing this disk.

Quote:
Count of reallocated sectors. When the hard drive finds a read/write/verification error, it marks that sector as "reallocated" and transfers data to a special reserved area (spare area). This process is also known as remapping, and reallocated sectors are called "remaps". The raw value normally represents a count of the bad sectors that have been found and remapped. Thus, the higher the attribute value, the more sectors the drive has had to reallocate. This allows a drive with bad sectors to continue operation; however, a drive which has had any reallocations at all is significantly more likely to fail in the near future.[2] While primarily used as a metric of the life expectancy of the drive, this number also affects performance. As the count of reallocated sectors increases, the read/write speed tends to become worse because the drive head is forced to seek to the reserved area whenever a remap is accessed. If sequential access speed is critical, the remapped sectors can be manually marked as bad blocks in the file system in order to prevent their use.

Quote:
The total count of uncorrectable errors when reading/writing a sector. A rise in the value of this attribute indicates defects of the disk surface and/or problems in the mechanical subsystem.

S.M.A.R.T. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292783-smart-test-issue.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My chassis has some quality problem but I cannot afford to buy a new one at the moment. Especially the hard drive part, the mounting part of the hard drive is very unusual. Sometimes the computer could give unknown strange noise, it still works perfectly, though.

So I test the HDD

I tested the HDD by CrystalDiskInfo. This is the result. I only know it's "Good", but I don't know if the temperature is alright and what those values mean. I've captured the screen. Could anyone help see if it's good. Thanks

A:SMART Test result

That temperature is fine......the noise you are hearing is probably the disk mount rattling against the chassis/screws. Its nothing to be concerned about unless its extremely loose, and the HDD is physically moving a lot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294537-smart-test-result.html
Relevancy 58.91%

HelloBefore replacing my harddisc, I'd like to know what this error means, exactly, I'd like some technical information. SAMSUNG MZ7TD128HAFV-000L1 - 119.24 GBs WHD00V000-UL7BYH -Simon K

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/SMART-Short-Self-Test/td-p/3371422
Relevancy 58.91%

I have just been informed by Samsung that their sync software Smart Switch does not work on Windows 8.1 It works on Windows 8 but they aren't going to make it compatible with 8.1. has anybody come up against this problem?
The only help I was offered by Samsung was to contact Microsoft with a view to finding out if there is a way to run Win8 apps on Win8.1. Is this possible?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/74237-samsung-smart-swich-pc.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a 32 in. smart tv and I was wondering if at all possible"is it possible to overclock it?"

A:Samsung smart tv overclocking possible?

WHY? Even if OC'd, that is not going to improve video or streaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-smart-tv-overclocking-possible.217668/
Relevancy 58.48%

I can't play Age of Empires II or Diablo II, I think because of failing the Direct3D 9 test. After I watch the opening cinematics of Diablo II, the screen turns black and I see the words "Can Not Display This Video Mode." I used to be able to play Age of Empires II, but I can't anymore. Also I tried disabling Direct3D, hoping to run Diablo II with DirectDraw (those tests all passed). But the same thing happened. Also when I try Direct3D 9 test, I get "can Not Display This Video Mode." But 8 and 7 both work.

the video card is geforce 6800 GTO. I'm using directx 9.0c, and have the drivers from august 11th. the latest ones from nvidia.

Relevancy 58.48%

I own a Dell XPS 8300 that is brand new. Today I ran a PC Checkup, using Dell''s recommended settings. Everything passed, except for the SMART Thresholds test which read "Cannot read." Can someone please tell me what this means, why it happened, and what, if anything I can do about it? Thank you!

A:SMART Thresholds test problem

I think you need root OS admin for that raw test to run from within windows.
I could be mistaken.
I don't think this is an indication that your disk is bad but rather a failure of the test to run properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/178846-smart-thresholds-test-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

I got my Compaq computer just 1 year ago. Recently, the monthly maintenence test ran and SMART Short Self Test failed(Failed (Error code: HD521-2W). What does this mean? I went online and many posts said that it meant my Hard drive is dying. Is that true? Are there no other ways to solve this problem except replace my HDD?
Regards,

tnbrendan

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 with a HDD Since I got upgraded to windows 10 unknowingly by MS , I kept on declining the request to upgrade from windows 7 but one day  it just started upgrading whilst I was away from the laptop, I've started occasionally hitting the error "2100: Detection error on HDD0" So I thought best to do a disk scan and have hit the warnings below on the SMART test. It went through 80% of the SMART test  quickly i.e. 2-3 minutes and then hung on the last 20% ....... shud I b worried ? Lenovo Diagnostics - Log5/30/2016 21:33:54 - SMART Status TestPassed (0.16s)5/30/2016 21:33:54 - Targeted Read TestPassed (1.16s)5/30/2016 21:33:55 - Random Seek TestPassed (89.64s)5/30/2016 21:35:25 - Funnel Seek TestPassed (74.27s)5/30/2016 21:36:39 - SMART Short Self Test5/30/2016 21:46:40 - Critical: Test has timed out: 600 s Warning (600.92s)5/30/2016 21:46:40 - SMART Drive Self Test5/30/2016 21:56:41 - Critical: Test has timed out: 600 s Warning (600.86s) 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/SMART-Short-Self-Test-Warning/td-p/3339117
Relevancy 58.48%

My Computer:   Compaq Presario Product name AY03011-ABL  CQ5320F  Error Message The device reported the following status: The previous self test completed having read the element of the test fail- 22/04/2012, 10:26:30 AMError Message The first failing LBA value is 16512590 and the failure occurred after the device had been operating power on hours. 22/04/2012, 10:26:30 AM Computer is aproximately 2 years old.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Smart Short Test Failed

Time to replace the hard drive. You can use a retail SATA hdd to replace the 500GB hdd you have. Hope you have burned your Recovery Disk set?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Smart-Short-Test-Failed/td-p/1442349
Relevancy 58.48%

I ran Dell's PC Checkup and it failed on the SMART Short Self Test. From what I get this basically means my hard drive is going to fail any time, true? When I get a new hard drive can I use the Windows 7 code that's on my computer or will I have to re-buy Windows 7? Are there any tutorials for replacing the main hard drive? Thanks

A:SMART Short Self Test Fail

Well the drive may fail sooner or later but its a good idea to get another. Yes, you can use the key on the sticker on the computer to activate windows. Better still, while the current drive is still alive, just save an image of the windows install using Macrium free or Acronis to an external drive, then you can just restore to the new drive- you wont even need to use the sticker code.

Imaging with free Macrium

Heres how to replace your hard drive:

Documentation

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148900-smart-short-self-test-fail.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4863 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 598735 MB, Free - 178093 MB; D: Total - 11641 MB, Free - 1418 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AA9
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled
On my weekly Hardware Diagnostic Tool run I got the following. SMART Short Self Test Failed.
I ran my Disk Check Utility and it said all is well. Anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/smart-short-test-failed.1102470/
Relevancy 58.48%

Here is the message I am getting after running the lenovo solutions diagnostic  WHD01V000-UJ7WQFWhat does this mean?My computer is a week old, got it off ebay, new, but had been set up already.  It has been running quite slow, when I open 20 tabs in firefox it will glitch and sometimes freeze, sometimes I can't access my files, it just says file explorer on the top and displays nothing and I can't close them.  It has 6gb ram and a core i5, e431 model, so it shouldnt be running so slow and this diagnostic worries me.  I called Lenovo before running the diagnostic and they said it could be a hard drive failure.  Anyone know this error message?

A:SMART short self-test Warning???

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

If the result of "SMART short self-test" returns an error code, the hard drive has indeed failed or is about to. Then you may want to do a repair or have a new hard disk.

Take a backup of all your data while the hard drive can still be accessed and contact Lenovo Technical support if you are under warranty.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I?m sure they will be a great help.

Best Regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/SMART-short-self-test-Warning/td-p/1424941
Relevancy 58.48%

Running Hardware Diagnostic Maintence and it is telling me that the SMART Short Test Failed what does this mean and how do I fix it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SMART-Short-Test-Failed/td-p/5790955
Relevancy 58.48%

The only thing that failed is "Re-allocated sector count: results are value 138, threshold 140, worst 138.

What does this mean to me?

I have noticed my laptop heating up more than normal for a couple of weeks. Is this bad news?

Thanks,
Bill

A:Smart test Failure on HD. What do these results mean?

A smart failure tends to mean ...well failure is pretty imminent you probably should backup data now while it's still booting. It could hold out for as long as a year in that state, or it could die completely tomorrow.
From my own experience that's pretty much it.
A SMART failure always means some key component in the drive is on it's way out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251234-smart-test-failure-hd-what-do-these-results-mean.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i faced this error when i ran the diagnostic on my lappy.
can anyone tell me what it is??
how can it be solved?? 

A:smart short self test WHD16-0WV

Run the 32-bit diagnostics on the system (F12 a few times at powerup to get to them).  Please post any error messages you see, along with the full system model (i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5531, etc.).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984120
Relevancy 58.48%

my HP Pavilion Windows Vista 32bit won't run my Diagnostics test program(PC doctor5). when i ran the program from an external disk it says smart self test failed and surface scan test failed. the last time it did that it also failed to boot and i ahd to reinstall my Vista system (and obviously lost some files). i am now worried that the same problem might start again. what could cause the smart self test to fail? is it due to any thing i might have done or what because a few weeks ago i got infected with some malware and so i installed SUPERantispyware alongside AVG antivirus. the antispyware program removed some suspected files and it seemed that my computer was clean but now i am not sure what has happened again. please help.am desperate

A:Solved: smart self test failed

Hi jayleon98, and welcome to TSG.

S.M.A.R.T. (Self Monitoring And Reporting Technology) is hardware inside of a hard drives that reports the drive's internal physical condition to the host computer. I would backup any important documents and files off of the drive ASAP if I were you. There is a good chance that your hard drive is near failure and permanent loss or non-recoverable corruption of its contents. The drive may work fine for months or it may fail the next time you power up the computer or try to save a file to it..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-smart-self-test-failed.754814/
Relevancy 58.05%

All Samsung 'Smart TVs' like the 46" D6000 Smart 3D LED TV can be crippled remotely simply by being connected to an Ethernet or wireless connection on TCP port 55000. When a controller packet is received, it will tell the user that a new remote device has been found which he can enable by clicking Accept or Deny. Clicking either will cause the TV to go into an endless restart loop after five seconds. Intervention by a Samsung technician will be required to regain control. Samsung Blu-Ray devices are also affected apparently. More details on the story here: http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/samsux_1-adv.txt

A:Samsung smart TVs can be crippled remotely

Good f'n grief, what's next? DDOS on your GE refrigirator? Chevy Impala & Buick Lacrosse botnets? AV/FW security suites for my toaster oven?http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/tv-based-botnets-ddos-attacks-on-your-fridge-more-plausible-than-you-think.arsThe TV was connected by ethernet cable to a home network, so Auriemma thought it would be funny to use a computer connected to the same network to send it a message that contained a series of custom headers. Without warning, the TV spiraled into an endless loop of restarts. For about five seconds, the device would appear to work correctly, but then would stop responding to commands entered by remote control or through the panel. A few seconds later, the TV would restart and repeat the process. Unplugging the power cord or ethernet cable did nothing. Auriemma had just stumbled upon a crippling denial-of-service attack.snip"You cannot change the volume, channels or access any function," he wrote in his description of the attack. "After 35 seconds the TV stop(s) working and back. This happens 3 times. At fourth time, the TV shuts down. In less than 3 minutes, the TV is off remotely. It is necessary to turn on the TV physically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451393/samsung-smart-tvs-can-be-crippled-remotely/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have 2 HP laptop.One of which is running with windows 7 64 and the other is running with Windows 8.1 64. And Also I have a Samsung Smart TV which is connect to the internet (via wireless) to the same router that my laptops are connect.I want to connect my laptops to my TV via wireless in case I'd like to watch DVD or lesson to music.what should I do?please help me.Thanks

A:How can I connect my HP laptop to my Samsung Smart TV with w...

Hi @Shahab92 Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that you are looking to connect one or two of your laptops to your Smart TV. I will be happy to help you with this. What you are looking for is called Wireless Direct or Miracast. To determine if you can set this up I will need to know the product number for both of your laptops. Make sure you let me know which one is Windows 7 and which is 8. I will also need to know the exact model of your TV.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-can-I-connect-my-HP-laptop-to-my-Samsung-Smart-TV-with/td-p/4785889
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to connect my HP Pavilion x360 laptop (running on windows 10) to my Samsung Smart TV (6 series) to use screen mirroring. I keep on trying by using the project tab and my laptop recognizes the TV. As soon as I click the name of my TV to connect to enable screen mirroring, my TV and laptop both say loading but after a couple seconds the connection fails. Both the TV and laptop recognize each other but the screen mirroring feature doesn't work. My TV works well with other devices except my laptop. I want to know if windows 10 is compatible with screen mirroring feature of a Samsung Smart 6 series TV.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-Mirroring-with-Samsung-Smart-TV/td-p/5723968
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I have a Samsung Smart TV that I would like to use as a wireless display however in my devices page, its listed as "Not Windows Certified". Is there a registry fix to allow my 8.1 system to project to it via my wireless network? Its being detected via uPnP on my network if that helps any....

Thanks,
DT

A:Using my Samsung Smart TV as a wireless display...

Do you have a network card which supports wireless displays? Many don't.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66592-using-my-samsung-smart-tv-wireless-display.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Recently traded my older Samsung Smart TV for connection issues because we were Signal on New TV Smart Losing Samsung LED constanly losing signal in the middle of a show on Netflix Hulu or Amazon Instant Video So finally we got the go on exchanging the tv and upgraded to a newer model after many test replacement parts ip address change and even a change in our internet provider now we are on a fiber optic internet cable well we are still having trouble staying connected and not sure why we have wifi capability but are hardwired in for better signal but that doesnt seem to help The internet works just fine on all our other devices even on my laptop I watch netflix every night from the top level of my home and my router is in the basment which Losing Signal on New Samsung LED Smart TV is where the family room is as well at the TV basement- gt main level- gt top level so I am stumped why would this happen Internet speed mbps SureWest-DO Router Netgear WNDR nbsp

A:Losing Signal on New Samsung LED Smart TV

but are hardwired in for better signal Click to expand...

the TV is hardwired to the router and so was the OLD TV

Have you tried a PC connected to the cable the TV is using

I would suggest its
a) cable
b) Router port for cable
c) An issue with the cable section on the router

Assuming all other devices are connected by wireless to the same router and working perfectly

But on wireless you have a few other signals on channel 6 which can cause interference issues - so i would log into the router and change the wireless channel setting to use channel 1 or 11

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-signal-on-new-samsung-led-smart-tv.1120045/
Relevancy 58.05%

I hope this is the correct forum in which to post this I have a Samusng Smart TV and I have it connected to our wireless home network It recognizes the network and I can access folders Smart Samsung TV network with home that i have quot shared from our network I like to stream my movies from my computer network to the TV I ve been doing this using Samsung Smart TV with home network Windows Samsung Smart TV with home network Media Center through our Xbox it s already set up to do that What I would really like to do is just access the network directly from the TV s source menu where it lists our home network I can access it but none of the movies show up Likely because I don t have the movies organized properly on our computer How does the TV read what s available on our home network I believe someone once told me that it uses Windows Media Player to see what s available Can someone help me Any thoughts Operating System is Windows nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to connect my HP Pavilion x360 laptop (running on windows 10) to my Samsung Smart TV (6 series) to use screen mirroring. I keep on trying by using the project tab and my laptop recognizes the TV. As soon as I click the name of my TV to connect to enable screen mirroring, my TV and laptop both say loading but after a couple seconds the connection fails. Both the TV and laptop recognize each other but the screen mirroring feature doesn't work. My TV works well with other devices except my laptop. I want to know if windows 10 is compatible with screen mirroring feature of a Samsung Smart 6 series TV.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-Mirroring-with-Samsung-Smart-TV/td-p/5723968
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently bought samsung smart TV,so i am just connecting my internet to the TV(wired connection) when i am connecting it says unable to connect to internet please check your ip settings.But my internet is working fine and i can connect it to my laptop.The thing i have checked is my deafault gateway is 0.0.0.0 will this have any impact??

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I'm hosting a couple domains and email from my home using a consumer high speed cable ISP I'm actually routed through Earthlink with Time Warner cable service I still Host relayed Smart through SPF Email failing have a Win box running KERIO mail server APACHE for websites and FileZilla FTP server I'm relaying ALL mail sent from KERIO through my ISP's smart host because I'm on DHCP ranges blocked by SORBS amp Spamhaus policies Recently I noticed that I'm not getting my mail at my work which uses a Sonicwall Email relayed through Smart Host still failing SPF spam appliance So I looked into Email relayed through Smart Host still failing SPF it and it is marking it as spam for failing SPF here's the message from the spam appliance I changed the server email and domain names to protect the innocent What can I do to prevent this from happening Received from elasmtp-scoter atl sa earthlink net by emailsecurity renkus-heinz com SonicWALL with ESMTP id Wed Jan - Received from helo DOMKUS-MEDIA by elasmtp-scoter atl sa earthlink net with esmtpa Exim envelope-from lt me mydomain com gt id W LT - k-Uk for me myworkdomain com Wed Jan - Received from by MYSERVER Kerio MailServer for me myworkdomain com Wed Jan - To me myworkdomain com From me lt me mydomain com gt Subject test Message-ID lt c d MYSERVER gt Date Wed Jan - X-Mailer Kerio MailServer WebMail X-User-Agent Mozilla Windows NT WOW AppleWebKit KHTML like Gecko Chrome Safari MIME-Version Content-Type text plain charset us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding bit X-ELNK-Trace a a bf c f ab c ac eab a d dc aa cd adb fcf dc f e f badd bab f c badd bab f c badd bab f c X-Originating-IP X-Mlf-KeyWords test X-Mlf-Language-Detected NoLanguageFilter English X-Mlf-Connecting-IP X-Mlf-Country-Code US X-Mlf-Threat likelyspam X-Mlf-Threat-Detailed likelyspam spf fail - auth SPF Fail X-Mlf-UniqueId i X-Mlf-License BS A test

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520952/email-relayed-through-smart-host-still-failing-spf/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I am getting this message every time I try to test my computer.

AutoIt Error
Line 1296
( file"C:\USERS\USER\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\PC ETC

ERROR:variable must be of type object

Please help me I really would appreciate the help..Thanks in advance..

A:Urgent Computer Failing Test For Job!!!!

What exactly do you mean by "test my computer"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542162/urgent-computer-failing-test-for-job/
Relevancy 57.62%

Roommate's Dad's HP Slimline desktop won't start past BIOS splash screen. Booted into onboard diagnostics for full test which reports SMART test failed Error Code 303. Google says imminent drive failure.

I have Hitachi Hard drive fitness test which is quite good and plan to run it on the drive when it arrives tonight. But even if it repairs HD enough to start, can drive be trusted?

Often reading SMART with Crystal Disk Info will show warnings that never lead to failure but since the drive won't boot it doesn't seem wise to try to repair it any more than what it takes to get data off. What are your opinions on this?

This is a 1TB Hitachi HD which he doesn't use more than 25 gb, so I plan to pick up an SSD if price is comparable for replacement. Any suggestions?

A:HP SMART Test failure - Trust Repair?

An SSD at 128 would be a sensible solution based on what you are saying. OS and programs may well use 50% of that. Files should not take more than 20 except for sound and pictures.
Age of the Hitachi and hours of run time are important factors here-so saving data is critical in the end. As you have written-it would be best to do a "clean install" on a new drive.
Just my 2 pennys worth

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318501-hp-smart-test-failure-trust-repair.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Model Name p6367c
Product Number AY691AA-ABA
Serial Number (removed content)

HARDWARE Diagnostic Tools 6.0.5247.34
HARDWARE Diagnostic Tools- Scheduled Maintenance
WDC WD10EADS-65M2B0 ATA Device (TurboPC EX)

SMART Short Self Test - Failed HD521-2W

Please recommend best solution: Clone and replace WD Hard Drive?  If so, what is recommended WD replacement model?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

A:SMART Short Self Test - Failed HD521-2W

> Clone and replace WD Hard Drive?  If so, what is recommended WD replacement model? Your current disk-drive is 1000 GB.  So, any 1000 GB or 2000 GB drive will work, without any worries.Anything larger might have an issue, if the motherboard is "older". Note that WD offers a download of free "disk-cloning" software, as long as either the "source" or the "target" disk-drive was manufactured by WD. How "full" is your current drive?  Buy a new hard-drive, and backup all your data/files/music/pictures/bookmarks to it,while your current disk-drive is still working OK.  Or, "clone" your current disk-drive to the new drive. If the disk-drive is still under warranty from WD, WD will replace it.  You might have to pay for shipping it to WD. If the disk-drive is out-of-warranty, WD sometimes has a "customer loyalty" program.You tell WD the serial-number of the drive, and you get a discount on theh purchase of a new disk-drive from WD's online-store, and you don't have to return your current disk-drive. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SMART-Short-Self-Test-Failed-HD521-2W/td-p/5828335
Relevancy 57.62%

I just ran the my dell thing on my brothers laptop and everything passed accept the HD smart short self test his computer has two hard drives a GB Samsung SSD mSATA and a TB Western Digital which is what has the failure Vendor Western Digital Model Number WDC WD JPVT- A YT Serial Number WXT CC Firmware Revision A Short failed HD Solved: Self Smart Test Size GB Rotation Rate RPM Cache Size MB Temperature C Physical Sector Size KB Logical Sector Size B Logical Sector Count Supported Standards ATA -ACS ATA ATAPI- ATA ATAPI- ATA ATAPI- SMART Short Self Test Test Started - PM Error Message - PM The device reported the following status The previous self-test completed having the read element of the test failed Error Message - PM The first failing LBA value is and the failure occurred after the device had been operating for power-on hours Test Finished - PM Failed Error code WHD -MYV so any ideas what this could be this is the first time this scan was ever run so not really sure if this has been a problem before Also I will upload the full report but this was the only problem it detected here is Solved: HD Smart Short Self Test failed his laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Also his laptop has this DirectX version GPU processor GeForce GT M Driver version Direct D API version Direct D feature level CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Memory data rate MHz Memory interface -bit Memory bandwidth GB s Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated video memory MB GDDR System video memory MB Shared system memory MB Video BIOS version C IRQ Bus PCI Express x Gen Device Id DE FD F Part Number Thanks Edit I also restarted the PC and hit F and went to diagnostics and ran a test that way and everything passed accept DST short Test on the same hard drive and it popped up with error code - validation nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I have just bought the first Lenovo Laptops and after run a test, there is a warning sign from the SMART Drive self test. What is this mean? The hard drive having problem? 

A:"Warning" for SMART drive self test (model 700 ser...

Hi Vickles , 

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs)[1] that detects and reports on various indicators of drive reliability, with the intent of enabling the anticipation of hardware failures. 

You may consider calling back the reseller as it is an integrity failure that may be bound to happen in the near future specially if you have freezing issue / BSOD /slow performance and worst as clicking noise. 

Was wondering what brand of harddrive you have as this may happen to any OEM systems . But good that you're able to run diagnostics for over check up, likewise you may also verify its finding by using other similar test like this and this . 

You may call in tech support for repair options too.

Hope this answered your query. 
Update us how things go for you best.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/quot-Warning-quot-for-SMART-drive-self-test-model-700-series/td-p/3308141
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,  First time posting! I have a Samsung smart TV that has mirror display functioning. I also have an S6 smart phone that connects seamlessly to my tv. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect my notebook. I've followed the directions to use screen projecting and it finds the tv. I click the found device and it says its connected but all the TV shows is 'loading' on the top corner.  Like I said the phone works so I know the TV works. Is there something I am doing wrong while trying to connect the TV.  Any help would be really appreciated!  Thanks!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Wireless Project won't show up on Samsung smart TV

Hi @stu70,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with connecting the computer to your TV. I will be glad to help you. You can connect the computer the TV with an HDMI cable. In the  display setting, you can mirror or extend the screen. Here is a website I found on what you are tried to do. Hope it helps.How to Connect a PC to a Samsung Smart Hub Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Wireless-Project-won-t-show-up-on-Samsung-smart-TV/td-p/5691746
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Excuse tv format) smart from samsung Editing recordings (srf me if this is not the right place to ask but I bet on your experience and have nothing to lose So here it goes I have a Samsung LED quot Smart TV model UE H the full P N printed on the sticker is UE H AWXXH which is very nice but also very nasty when it comes to be used as PVR As you may know it will perfectly read any FAT or NTFS formatted USB Flash drive or USB hard disk to play media from but will refuse to record on Editing recordings from samsung smart tv (srf format) these formats To record you must format the USB Flash drive with it's own format variant of Editing recordings from samsung smart tv (srf format) Linux EXT The files produced are in SRF format and encrypted even if the source is a Free to Air channel The key is stored in an MDB file Editing recordings from samsung smart tv (srf format) with the same name I tried the DeSTRoi application that supposedly connects to the TV via FTP and downloads the recording Access was denied when tried to connect to the TV's IP address It also claims to read the files from a local source so I installed a utility Paragon ExtFS to read the Linux EXT file systems in Windows I managed to open the USB Flash drive and see the contents but deSTRoi could not open the SRF files claiming they are corrupt They play perfectly when I connect the USB Flash drive on the TV so they are OK I then tried the Windows version of DRMDecrypt is normally a Linux utility to try and decrypt the SRF file into a TS file When attempting to do that directly on the USB Flash drive I got an error message that the TS file could not be opened for writing I then tried to copy all the files from the USB Flash drive to my hard disk I wasn't allowed to copy the MDB files containing the key so I had to modify the syntax of the DRMDecrypt utility it is command-line based to read the MDB file from the USB Flash drive It seemed to work It read the SRF file supposedly decrypted it and produced a TS file Only that the file produced was not a valid TS file and no application could open it Pretty useless Other applications tried AVS Video Converter NeroVideo TMPGEnc Media Player Classic None could open either the original SRF file or the quot decrypted quot TS file So now I have nothing else to try Does anyone of you have any experience with Samsung Smart TV recordings Is there any way to convert them to some other format eg MTS or MP and edit them or convert to DVD It would be nice to keep the episodes of my favorite series or even keep a good movie to watch again some time later I don't think it's illegal as long as I keep it from my personal use Luckily I have a DVB-T set-top box which allows recording to a regular FAT or NTFS USB Flash drive and in the common MTS format but it's a shame I can't use my Samsung Smart TV directly If you have any useful information please share Thank you in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/44572-editing-recordings-samsung-smart-tv-srf-format.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Folks Please help me with this I have been shattering my head over this problem for a few weeks now I use th generation TV Samsung Blue and Smart my screen on flickering ASUS motherboard coupled with th gen i processor Seagate SATA TB hard disk transcend GB RAM NVIDIA GT GB Graphics Card I use my Samsung Smart Series quot inch LED quot as my monitor when connected in HDMI mode It worked fine for months until now Suddenly I have got this blue screen from the start up and also the flickering issue I am able to navigate through my windows as usual when connected to a normal LCD or CRT monitor but this blue screen and flickering appears only when i connect to the samsung led tv with HDMI whixh makes it worse for me to continue with Also it would only go through the boot logo after which the signal gets turned off in led tv I made sure the TV is fine by inspecting it and the HDMI cables were fine since i replaced it with the newer belkin version The PC itself works fine Blue screen and flickering on my Samsung Smart TV when connected to a normal LCD monitor with VGA cables However I am amazed why my TV suddenly is not supporting it To all those who wonder did i change my resolution to fix it I definitely tried that too I did format the entire system to remove any corrupt drivers or files and reinstalled windows ultimate bit with the drivers installed from the obtained mother board CD and the graphics card CD It works well with the normal monitor but not with the LED TV Do anyone know what is causing this problem I have come here after googling lots of stuff Please help ASAP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-and-flickering-on-my-samsung-smart-tv.1156628/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello. i have a Z50 with Windows 10, and i cant connect trhu Miracast, to Screen Mirroring my Smart TV. if i try to use a VIDEO file > Right Mouse Button > Cast to Device > Samsung TV, he will run the video, like a Media Center, but if i try to make a duplicate of my laptop display, it will give me an error. My TV have Screen Mirroring (AllShare Cast) and WiDi option. How can u solve this?Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-Z50-Samsung-Smart-TV-Screen-Mirroring-ERROR/td-p/3479397
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

Does anyone know how to fix the below error ? I am trying to run tests on my Samsung HDD but each time I run the CD it comes up with the error.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3829/1002180dr3.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this or of any other tools that I can use to test for bad sectors and the overall health of the drive?

Thanks

A:Samsung Test Tools Error

Is that from the latest version available from Samsung?

SAMSUNG Hard Disk Drive - support - utilities

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/91682-samsung-test-tools-error.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone, About a month and a half ago, I've bought the mentioned laptop. During the first week of using it, I've noticed that somehing is wrong, so I ran some tests in Lenovo Solution Center. HDD had faild it, so I've contacted your service immidiately, and they replaced it with a new HDD.  The laptop was in service for like 27 days, and when I got it, I had a problem booting up a system... When it finally started to work I couldn't download and install drivers normally, it stared to freeze, aborted the actions etc. Like the last time, I managed to download Lenovo Soultion Center and ran the tests, again. The result of the test was Warning for SMART Short Self Test and SMART Drive Self test. Can you somehow advise me what to do? Thanks in advance.  Result code: WHD01V000-HL0Y9G

A:Lenovo Y50-70 SMART Short and Drive Self Test Warn...

Hi Dakilajk , 

It would be best to contact tech support for the recommendation and decode of WHD01V000-HL0Y9G , 
and since you are experiencing freezing at this moment , back up your files as needed . 

You may also run counter scan using similar diagnostic software as this to check further and verify the detected imminent drive read failure . SMART test are pre detection software to alert users to back up their files if the integrity test falls its set standard each different from different harddrive manufacturers ( example seagate , Western Digital etc.) . 

LSC may be a bit sensitive to its SMART detection but then if you are having freezing issue , most likely it is doing its job as expected. 

Serbian  8:00-16:00 Monday - Friday381-21-489-1533 (Belgrade)

Update us here on the community forums on how things would go.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-SMART-Short-and-Drive-Self-Test-Warning/td-p/3306683
Relevancy 57.19%

Had some problems with my lap top freezing and then going to a blue screen error message.  Told me that I did not have a hard drive or an operating system.  Usually just turning off and resting made everything OK.  Now I get the error message that my hard drive has failed the SMART test and is in danger of crashing -- I have backed up everything but now what do I need to do?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Warning of hard drive failure from SMART test

The SMART imminent failure for Hard drive is an indication that your Hard drive is on verge of failure or might fail anytime depending on usage.  Run HP Diagnostics for HDD and provide failure code of Hard drive test to HP Technical Support so that its replaced for you free of cost within warranty period of your notebook.  Kindly check the instructions over here in order to run the test for your hard drive

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warning-of-hard-drive-failure-from-SMART-test/td-p/758383
Relevancy 57.19%

Lenovo Edge Windows bit OSIntel Core i - U CPU GHz GHz nbsp Today my laptop seemed to be running slowly for a period of about thirty minutes It did not freeze but it did hang several times during simple tasks opening Microsoft Word minimizing browser I downloaded Lenovo Solution Center and ran the diagnostic Everything checks out except SMART Short Self Test which recieved a Warning nbsp Worried that this might indicate an HDD problem I ran HD Tune free version which returned the following information nbsp HD Tune WDC WD SPCX- HWST HealthID Current Worst ThresholdData Status Raw Read Error Rate Ok Spin Up Time Ok Start Stop Count Ok Reallocated Sector Count Ok Seek Error Rate Ok Power On Hours Count Ok A Spin Retry Count Ok B Calibration Retry Count Ok C Power Cycle Count 15 short Edge test Lenovo warning SMART self on Ok C Power Off Retract Count Ok C Load Cycle Count Ok C Temperature Ok C Reallocated Event Count Ok C Current Pending Sector Ok C Offline Uncorrectable Ok C Ultra DMA SMART short self test warning on Lenovo Edge 15 CRC Error Count Ok C Write Error Rate Ok F Head Flying Hours OkPower On Time Health Status Ok nbsp An HD tune quick scan for errors also gave a ok result nbsp Is there another way to check the health of the hard drive I have SMART short self test warning on Lenovo Edge 15 read that the Lenovo Solution Center diagnostic can be unreliable nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/SMART-short-self-test-warning-on-Lenovo-Edge-15/td-p/3445985
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello there. My drive passed SMART extended self test that scans the entire disk surface. Is the full format with command FORMAT FS=NTFS overkill? Thanks!

A:Any relevance to full format after SMART extended test?

Hi,

A QUICK format does NOT scan for bad sectors, whereas a FULL format does. So, you can think of it this way:

QUICK Format + CHKDSK /F = FULL Format

If you are confident that your SMART assesment tells you you have no bad sectors, then a QUICK format is probably sufficient. If it was me, and I was doing a completely new installation on a previously used HDD, then personal I would run a FULL Format, regardless of what my SMART assesment would look like. A FULL format takes considerably longer than a QUICK format, but you get the satisfaction of knowing the status of those clusters.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/185037-any-relevance-full-format-after-smart-extended-test.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hoy actualice windows despues de mucho tiempo. Tardo 30 minutos en reiniciarse y a los 5 minutos de uso el sisgema quedo congelado. Al reiniciar y hacer la verificacion del disco duro salió esto como resultado:Verificación INTELIGENTE de disco duro REPROBADOID FALLA GTXRBQ-7B288F-60E903ID DEL PRODUCTO J2M96LA#ABMunica unidad de disco duroEsta es la informacion del disco duro(si es que ayuda)Tipo AtaModelo WDC WD10JPVX-60JC3T0version frimware 01.01A01Y bueno no se como solucionar esto ): ayuda.

A:Hdd, Disco duro no funciona, smart test fallado

@mauc0220

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hdd-Disco-duro-no-funciona-smart-test-fallado/td-p/5782928
Relevancy 57.19%

Lenovo Edge Windows bit OSIntel Core i - U CPU GHz GHz nbsp Today my laptop seemed to be running slowly for a period of about thirty minutes It did not freeze but it did hang several times during simple tasks opening Microsoft Word minimizing browser I downloaded Lenovo Solution Center and ran the diagnostic Everything checks out except SMART Short Self Test which recieved a Warning nbsp warning test SMART short on self Lenovo 15 Edge Worried that this might indicate an HDD problem I ran HD Tune free version which returned the following information nbsp HD Tune WDC WD SPCX- HWST HealthID Current Worst ThresholdData Status Raw Read Error Rate Ok Spin Up Time Ok Start Stop Count Ok Reallocated Sector Count Ok Seek Error Rate Ok Power SMART short self test warning on Lenovo Edge 15 On Hours Count Ok A Spin Retry Count Ok B Calibration Retry Count Ok C Power Cycle Count Ok C Power Off Retract Count Ok C Load Cycle Count Ok C Temperature Ok C Reallocated Event Count Ok C Current Pending Sector Ok C Offline Uncorrectable Ok C Ultra DMA CRC Error Count Ok C Write Error Rate Ok F Head Flying Hours OkPower On Time Health Status Ok nbsp An HD tune quick scan for errors also gave a ok result nbsp Is there another way to check the health of the hard drive I have read that the Lenovo Solution Center diagnostic can be unreliable nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/SMART-short-self-test-warning-on-Lenovo-Edge-15/td-p/3445985
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone,  I really hope someone can help me. I bought an Ideapad (300-15ISK - Machine Type 80Q7) about two weeks ago, and I just ran an LSC hardware scan. The laptop passed everything except the SMART drive self-test. I received a warning there and the result code: WHD01V000-UL7CLI I don't know if this makes a difference, but when I press the power button to switch the laptop on, it makes this little weird noise that sounds like a "spark"  or "static." The laptop is under a one-year warranty, so I'm sure I can get it replaced if this is a serious problem. Thanks for any and all advice!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-300-15ISK-SMART-Drive-Self-Test-Warning/td-p/3387928
Relevancy 57.19%

Ran tests and received a yellow warning on the SMART Drive Self-Test - with result code: WHD01VOOO-UL7DOL My Ideapad 300 is running very slowing it is only 8 months old, what else can I do? Any help appreciated Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-300-15ISK-SMART-Drive-Self-Test-Warning/td-p/3427037
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an Hp pavilion ze4600 laptop. When the computer starts I get a

"SMART Failure Predicted on hard disk 0: Toshiba MK4025GAS-(PM)"
"1720 At least one driver attribute has exceeded the maufacturers threshold, please run Drive Self Test in ROM setup"

When I run the Drive self test in the BIOS I recieve the Error "07 Fail"

Also, the user said that the computer would easily freeze and she would have to restart it manually with the power switch.

I don't want to buy a new Hard drive if her computer is going to keep freezing. If that is the case it might be time to buy a new laptop. I can't seem to find any results on an "07 fail" error either. I just thought I would post and see what you uys think. Is it worth buying a new HDD or is this laptop almost dead?

Relevancy 57.19%

Has anyone got Samsung Smart Panel (printer application) working with Win7 x64 build 7100? It worked fine with x86 builds 7000, 7057 and 7068. Then I installed (clean install) x64 build 7100 (RC) and Smart Panel does not install correctly anymore. Installation does finish but there are some error messages during installation that some files cannot be found (SPaddon.exe and SSMMgr.exe). After installation Smart Panel folder in Start menu has shortcut to SSMMgr.exe in subfolder under Windows folder... but strange thing is that subfolder does not even exist. As said there was something wrong with installation process. Any ideas how to get this application work?

A:Samsung Smart Panel problem (x64 build 7100)

The application may not be 64-bit compatible. First, check and see if Samsung provides a 64-bit version of the application.

Does the application installation return any error messages?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/8026-samsung-smart-panel-problem-x64-build-7100-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi
I have been searching, but not much luck yet. I have heard many horror stories about hooking up your tv to your network, but it seems it would be as safe? Is it?
Forgot, I mean to connect to Amazon Prime Videos and stuff like that.

I mean I can use mac filtering for one. It does WPA Personal also.

Anyway, any thoughts on this subject?

Thanks very much

PF

A:Samsung Smart TV wireless connection to router? Advice?

They are watching you:

Your Samsung SmartTV Is Spying on You, Basically - The Daily Beast

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67210-samsung-smart-tv-wireless-connection-router-advice.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been using my Samsung Smart TV for a couple of years with no problem However to stopped Samsung TV suddenly connecting internet Smart yesterday it decided that it could no longer connect to the internet It tells me that the quot network is not connected quot and I need to set Samsung Smart TV suddenly stopped connecting to internet up a quot wireless network using an internal LAN adapter quot When I start the process my router name shows up and I can click on it The tv shows that it is checking the connection and then has the message that it is quot connected to the wireless network but not the router quot The following Samsung Smart TV suddenly stopped connecting to internet settings are found automatically by the tv MAC Address c a d d IP Samsung Smart TV suddenly stopped connecting to internet Address Subnet Mask Gateway Server I did an ipconfig and PING test for the tv and the router and these are the results Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users sabdein gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Stacy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List attlocal net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address A-E - - - -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A-E - - - -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -E - - - -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cd b d Preferred Lease Obtained Thursday April PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM IPv Address cd b e f ef cac Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address cd b a bc e e a Pr eferred Link-local IPv Address fe e f ef cac Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday April PM Lease Expires Friday April PM Default Gateway fe e ff febb eb DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- C-DB- E- - A- -E -CD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- -E -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d a a a bf Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a a a bf Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- C-DB- E- - A- -E -CD- NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap attlocal net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users sabdein gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users sabdein gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users sabdein gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate roun... Read more

A:Samsung Smart TV suddenly stopped connecting to internet

thats all looking good

have you tried a powercycle
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router, computers and TV also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-smart-tv-suddenly-stopped-connecting-to-internet.1146339/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi my name is Richard I got a pc here and we got a major problem nbsp nbsp nbsp - Memory module failed self test and failing rank was disabled slot nbsp I know this a ram motherboard problem but I don't know how to fix it nbsp My devices was di... - and Memory 203 rank test self module failing failed does not work it said LSI Raid error my keyboard mouse does not work I tried to spam f for bios but 203 - Memory module failed self test and failing rank was di... It still showed up the error message I dont wanna spend too much money on this I really need to fix this problem before I ever get in trouble I believe my ram comes with the motherboard because I don't see any ram sticks inside my pc I tried to reboot but nope it still gave me the message This really scared me I could not get any devices working I could not go to bios I dont have a clear disk to diagnose on I've seen forums thesame as this but non of them worked Please help us I will try to be active as soon as possible nbsp nbsp Any replies will be replied and nbsp Please help us and tell us the solution for this I only saw HP users have this I don't want to spend bucks for a new pc nbsp nbsp Specs nbsp PC HP Workstation x DDR Memory gbPciE Zotac Geforce GT nbsp nbsp Any further replies will be replied as fast as possible I will try to be active as soon as possible nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you staff volunteers and members for reading this thread I've tried everything i could do to fix this nothing seems to be working nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -Screen Guy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/203-Memory-module-failed-self-test-and-failing-rank-was/td-p/5757559
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone. anyone has any idea why smart status test fails on my Y510P machine running Windows 10 ?  I also get  SATA SSD on controller 0, port 4 at risk: SMART Event error on the Intel Rapid storage technology program. ??   

A:SSD Smart status test failed! Result Code: WHD00F...

I don't trust any SSDs to report SMART status correctly.  I suggest getting a copy of Crystal Disk Info (free) and see what it says.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/SSD-Smart-status-test-failed-Result-Code-WHD00F001-DL7W6G/td-p/3480456
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all in here,
I am new here, and am not really sure what to post, but my phone seems to allow others to read and hack it. Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589328/samsung-galaxy-core-prime-is-a-stooopid-smart-fone/
Relevancy 56.33%

The quest view audio files on Smart TV Installed Samsung Link on Vista Home networking smart player / tv / media Samsung another generic Vista Premium machine no luck then noticed that the TV would no longer see the vista machine i could navigate from the TV to the vista machine prior to install I also Vista networking / Samsung smart tv / another generic media player have another generice media player in another room that also cannot now see the vista machine attempts to fix uninstalled Samsung link unistall another related program Plex system restore it reported failure to restore indicating restore file was damaged checked network sharing and Network was Public changed that back to private all sharing settings are checked correctly for normal sharing - Network Discovery on File sharing on Printer sharing on public folder sharing on pasword protected sharing om media sharing on network and sharing center extremely slow to open when i click diagnose and repair in the network and sharing center i get Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem The problem cannot be repaired automatically I have researched this and tried the recommendations with no luck Internet acces is working perfectly I have updated and run Malwarebytes to make sure no virus - clean Also have Avast running with no issues I can ping TV and Gerenic media player but those devices cannot see login to the vista machine anymore I have have this happen before and i think it was related to some service that got toggled off possibly during the installation of the programs mentioned above suggestions or questions

A:Vista networking / Samsung smart tv / another generic media player

Hello --- I run PLEX media server for my home theater, etc. I have the Internet access mixed problems when I have had more than one device reboot at the same time eg. Desktop, laptop, Roku ,etc. my network dhcp is on and somehow the PLEX server (Vista) doesn't flush the IP it had out and grab a new one on reboot. I get message about connectivity but cannot see other devices in my home network but I can get on the Internet. I am unable to do a refresh or release on the network even from a command line. The only solution I have tried that works for me is to go into device manager, uninstall my network card for the cable connection (this machine is not wireless enabled), reboot this system so that it reinstalls the card and it will grab a new IP when it connects.
hope this at least gives you something to think about. Keep in mind that what works for me may not work for you and I cannot guarantee that this will fix your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527181/vista-networking-samsung-smart-tv-another-generic-media-player/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am attempting to troubleshoot a laptop for my nephew it is an Sony the hard post Will to drive a test cause fail? occasionally failing Vaio PCG- P L identified as PCG-K UG in the bio amp s With Windows XP home A Gig Hitachi HD MB of memory No surviving optical drive No Bio s USB boot support No floppy and a bad hard drive While I amp m fairly knowledgeable about PC amp s in general I have never had a laptop and so am unsure of my conclusions The difficulty amp s are that the hard Will a failing hard drive cause the post test to occasionally fail? drive has gone bad and the optical drive was broken months ago I have viewed both the optical and HD replacement Knowledge Articles on the Sony site and am confident that I can replace both but should I bother Here is where I need some information The drive will usually post and after choosing a menu option freeze and or reboot during the OS load Simple and dandy replace the hard drive but this is my issue Occasionally the laptop will hang at the post I took this to mean that I had a motherboard video or memory error but no beep amp s and that the first two would not be economical fix However when I removed the HD and attached it to my desktop PC through a USB adapter in an attempt to recover the drive data it locked up the post process during the memory check This only happened once but implies that I have misunderstood the post test process and that a hard drive failure may in fact occasionally cause the post to hang So the question is this Can a failing hard drive cause the post test to fail Or do I have at least problem amp s if you count the lack of an optical drive and one isn amp t worth fixing What I have seems to be just a hard drive failure but I don amp t want to buy a new hard drive if the post test failure means that I have issues with the motherboard Thank you GJWK P S I think that both the HD and Optical drives are industry standard but if they re proprietary could someone warn me nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I was cleanig my CPU thermal paste but after replacing the new thermal paste and screw back the fan and turned on the pc I get an error "203 Memory modelu failed self-test and failing rank was disabled" and I have a total Memory Ram of 22gb (8gb, 4gbx2 and 2gbx3). Now all the Ram slots from the second CPU that I changed the paste seem to cause the error and also appears that the memory is availble but unusable. I have put the 2gb Ram sticks in the slots but still geting the message.  Please help

A:Memory modelu failed self-test and failing rank was disabled

Hi Sahaduna, This HP Z600 Workstation has 6 DIMM Slots for DDR3 ECC Memory. Each processor supports up to 3 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel. To get full 6 channel support, 2 processors MUST be installed. So if you are already using 2 processors, please make sure that at least 1 DIMM is inserted into each channel. You can check the following link to get the best or optimized performance for memory configuration:http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/downloads/HP-Z600-Workstation-memory-configuration-and-optimization.... If the issue persists, even after using the memory module with above configuration details, try swapping with a known good memory module and test because,203?Memory module failed self-test and failing rank was disabled indicates defective meory module. Alternatively you can also use the following medium to log a incident id with HP if its a faulty HP memory module:http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc    ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******  

I am an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Memory-modelu-failed-self-test-and-failing-rank-was-disabled/td-p/5622528
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I was cleanig my CPU thermal paste but after replacing the new thermal paste and screw back the fan and turned on the pc I get an error "203 Memory modelu failed self-test and failing rank was disabled" and I have a total Memory Ram of 22gb (8gb, 4gbx2 and 2gbx3). Now all the Ram slots from the second CPU that I changed the paste seem to cause the error and also appears that the memory is availble but unusable. I have put the 2gb Ram sticks in the slots but still geting the message.  Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-modelu-failed-self-test-and-failing-rank-was-disabled/td-p/5622528
Relevancy 55.9%

First of all I'd just like to say that I'm a blind man in a dark room when it comes to hardware So please keep it simple I might not be able to understand a lot of the lingo Anyway seeing as to how my computer is now out of commission there is little information that I can help give you guys However here is what I do know Specs Incomplete The mother board is a Dell Vostro from when I googled the serial The processor is a QuadCore failing [SOLVED] swapping Computer POST test cases after There are gigs of RAM DDR and I'm going to [SOLVED] Computer failing POST test after swapping cases assume the HDD and DVD are insignificant The OS is Windows XP Home [SOLVED] Computer failing POST test after swapping cases The graphics card is as of now a GeForce GTX Now a summary of the situation I bought the tower nd hand from some IT guy It ran perfectly for a while but the graphics card eventually burned out I bought a replacement but that one burned out as well as did the one after that So eventually I realized that they were probably burning out because there was a lot of dust being taken in I suspected it was due to a section of the back panel that was missing on the old tower case So I ordered a new one online a nice gaming case that also had a huuuuge fan on one of the side panels I swear to god it's like quot or something Then it arrived and I had no idea how to take everything from one and put it into the other At first I didn't want to mess with it on my own I took it to different computer shops and asked around everyone charges more than even up to just to move the parts from one case into another Ridiculous I thought I'll just do it myself So I asked my friend who knows a little more about computers than I do to help me The Disassembling We partook in the task in his garage It's all concrete no carpet We grounded ourselves on a copper brass pipe I took some not-so-clear pictures of the original config I now regret not taking many many more pictures with more clarity I simply didn't know what to take pictures of to follow in general Then the disassembling began We unplugged all the power thingies yes thingies off of the mother board We took out the RAM chips and the old burned out graphics card We removed the HDD and DVD and then the power cell and fan We then carefully unscrewed the mother board and took it off the spacers with one small hiccup The last spacer unscrewed with the screw so it was stuck on the motherboard We decided to leave it be and screw the whole thing in as one later though later two more of them became the same way So at this point everything was taken out I think The Re-assembly We noticed earlier that the power cell for the new tower was incompatible with the mother board hence the removal of the old one to replace the new So we started off first with setting the motherboard in screwing in the screw with the spacer still stuck on it We noticed that a lot of the screws met resistance when we tried to screw them in When we tried to unscrew them they became like the one stuck with the spacer But in the end we somehow managed to get all of them in though the few weren't screwed all the way in due to the resistance caused by god knows what The mother board was secured though no wobbling involved Next we put in the power cell and fan Easy peasy Then the HDD and DVD Same Then came the plugging of the wires not as easy as we wished We figured out the easy ones first the ones with a lot of prongs or had unique heads But then came the power switch reset switch and LEDs my god What a nightmare There were two singles and three doubles but we couldn't figure out for the life of us where they should have gone After painstakingly pouring through the crappy pictures I took we finally noticed that they ALL plugged into ONE single black-outlined area that had bare prongs For the next hours we were stuck trying to decipher the order and orientation in which they should be plugged in Of course right when we were about to give up... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Computer failing POST test after swapping cases

The standoffs(Brass Spacers under the motherboard) are not always the same across case brands and models. They should be installed onto the case first and then the board placed on top.

Dell uses a lot of proprietary motherboards and cases meaning that the boards do not always fit correctly into retail standard atx/matx cases.

I think the fist step should be to remove the board disassemble the screws and standoffs, (did the new case come with standoffs?)

4 beeps on a Vostro is a memory error> http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1085300

Try it with 1 stick of ram in the slot closest to the CPU, make sure it fully seated don't rely on the clips to show that it is all the way into the slot.

Do all the ports on the back of the motherboard line up with the I/O plate in the rear of the case?

What brand and model case did you get?

I would also consider doing the bench test if using the one stick and it still won't post> http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...em-262998.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-failing-post-test-after-swapping-cases-433110.html
Relevancy 55.9%

What should I do when my notebook system quick test says my hard drive SMART check failed?Failure Id: 9LPBSK-7SC875-XD7WLK-608Y03PRODUCT ID: T0X74PA#UUF

Solved!
View Solution.

A:System quick test: hard drive SMART check failed

Replace the hard drive is all you can do. That is a fairly new laptop is it still under warranty?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/System-quick-test-hard-drive-SMART-check-failed/td-p/5728024
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Over the past few days I have experienced problems with my wireless internet I will first describe the symptoms and my setup and then try to tell you what I have tried Symptoms - Intermittent slow connection - Many quot Server not found quot or DNS errors when trying to surf - Problems downloading from the web very slow impossible Communications and connectivity Internet failing problems, Test Intermittent download Setup - I use the wireless Intermittent connectivity and download problems, failing Internet Communications Test from my landlord downstairs so don t have direct access to the router but room mates report no problems - I ran the diagnostics included with Lenovo and I fail the Internet Communication Intermittent connectivity and download problems, failing Internet Communications Test Text - The strength and signal from the wireless is showing up and showing up as connected My System Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD E- Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Q Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO RU Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled What I have tried - Cleared cache restarted rebooted - I have run two malware scans SpyBot and Malwarebyte - I have run an ipconfig but can t seem to copy the results here can t select - help - Checked Resource levels in Task Manager seemed fine - Made sure quot automatically quot is selected for TCP IP DNS stuff Any help you can offer will be MOST appreciated I m in a bit of a bind nbsp

A:Intermittent connectivity and download problems, failing Internet Communications Test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-connectivity-and-download-problems-failing-internet-communications-test.1101372/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no idea what is causing this, but it is preventing me from printing two-sided. I can't see ink levels, the Smart Panel won't tell me when it is printing, in power-save mode, distributing ink, out of paper, or even when one of the covers is open. It just sits there with the message "Printer status is not available" and has been stuck like that since I transported it from my house to my dorm Sunday.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and Smart Panel, from the web site AND CD, and rebooting. I have received various error messages while installing/uninstalling these, and when all is said and done, this message returns.

I can print, but any settings I change in preferences WILL NOT BE SENT TO THE PRINTER.

A:Samsung Smart Panel stating "Printer status not available"

What's the model number of the printer? I would also remove all software related to the printer by using the installation program it should have a selection as to remove all software from the manufacturer. Also are all cables securely fastened to the printer. Also is the product supported for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182572-samsung-smart-panel-stating-printer-status-not-available.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi i have a D-Link DNS-320L ShareCenter that im trying to connect to a samsung UE46f6320AK smart TV, the TV appears to be able to connect to the NAS but it does not see any files?

I also have a PC and a Laptop on the same network and both of them can connect to the NAS without any issues? does anyone have any clue? Thanks for your help

A:D-Link NAS to Samsung "smart" TV

no one has any clue on this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-nas-to-samsung-smart-tv.1119995/
Relevancy 49.02%

Which is the recommended location to maintain Product Regression Test Suite ? Would it be QC Test Plan or Test Lab ? (specially for applications that tend to change consistently over time which might require us to update core regression suite as well as functional test cases regularly)  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Product-Regression-Test-Suite-in-QC-Test-Plan-or-Test-Lab/td-p/5818351
Relevancy 49.02%

Which is the recommended location to maintain Product Regression Test Suite ? Would it be QC Test Plan or Test Lab ? (specially for applications that tend to change consistently over time which might require us to update core regression suite as well as functional test cases regularly)  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Product-Regression-Test-Suite-in-QC-Test-Plan-or-Test-Lab/td-p/5818351
Relevancy 43.43%

1 I boot up my computer and try to log in. I get a user profile failed loggon message.

2 I google it and try to follow this guide

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

3 I boot up in safe mode and everything just goes black and unresponsive. Been like it for about ten minutes now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/profile-failing-to-log-on-error-followed-by-failing-to-boot-in-safe-mode.1133161/
Relevancy 43.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NSWAA Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Hi So the wonderful people here have helped me out before and I m hoping they can do the same again About two weeks ago I had an incident where randomly my laptop started typing gibberish instead of the actual keys I was pressing For example on pressing quot e quot I got something like quot ce d quot or something It did this in my browser in Skype in Windows password entry and search and in MS Word so I figured it must be a keyboard error I to programs/pages and randomly Keyboard failing open failing m not exactly the carefullest of people so it didn t seem unreasonable that a crumb or Keyboard randomly failing and programs/pages failing to open something had gotten in to the keyboard and was disrupting things I tried various fixes - vacuuming my keyboard attempting to download new keyboard drivers from Toshiba and running MBAM but to no avail Eventually I gave up and went to bed Lo and behold come morning everything was working as normal again and I carried on life as usual Then yesterday I randomly Keyboard randomly failing and programs/pages failing to open got BSODed I made a backup because I was pretty convinced it was a warning sign Then this morning I open my laptop to type in my password and the keyboard is simply not responding When I press the quot Accessibility quot button to get up the On-Screen Keyboard this doesn t work either but when I press quot Switch User quot it re-loads my account I have only got one account and then the quot Accessibility quot button seems to work and lets me use the On Screen keyboard to enter my password When I log on I try to open Chrome and it comes up with the quot Properties quot window It opens when pressing Right Click Open but double clicking brings up Properties Same with all other desktop shortcuts I try typing into MS Word and it works but then I try typing in to Chrome and it also works Then it stops again and upon clicking a link to another page on a website my laptop tries to download the website instead of opening it and right click stops working too I am using a trackpad I ran an MBAM quick scan which found nothing and I am currently running a full scan Now the keyboard seems to have returned to life but obviously this being its second stint of breaking I am hoping to figure out if this is just a problem with my keyboard or with my whole computer and what I should look to do to fix it Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi, Today i got two BSOD no where out of blue, my laptop was running well without any problem earlier before this issue. Then i did PC doctor test first it said advance pattern test failed, then i ram memtest86 and it showed nothing, no errors then again i ran PC doctor it shows now address test failed but not advance pattern test (see attachment), what is the problem could anyone pl tell

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57467-advance-pattern-test-address-test-failed-error-wme21-iwr.html
Relevancy 43%

So I guess MBAM paid off AV-Test? I guess this is also inaccurate info and just marketing?

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/...ware-free-scores-100-in-av-test-removal-test/

They also recently won best repair award for 2014

http://www.av-test.org/en/test-procedures/award/av-test-award-2014/

A:Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free scores 100% in AV-TEST removal test!

Why would the Kaspersky Removal Tool score higher than the Internet Suite package of Kaspersky ?
This is weird. I thought that if you have a technology to make a product on the side, might as well offer that same technology in a package you're offering (paid package).

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malwarebytes-anti-malware-free-scores-100-in-av-test-removal-test.31780/
Relevancy 42.57%

Problems on initializing Samsung GB with Samsung s Disk Manager Ontrack tm Hi There is some problem on my gb Samsung HD The situation is this I have had an old computer which have an ancient motherboard because of the limitations of motherboard it was initializing Hd as gb I installed Samsung s Disk Manager program named Ontrack It does something with the MBR to make the gb initialized HD as gb When you re in bios setup it says your samsung is gb but when you reset and wait for the system disk error message Ontrack activates and then your hd is gb you can install Manager: with on initializing 80GB Disk Samsung Samsung's Problems Ontack(tm) OS after that Here is the problem I bought a new computer whose motherboard to initialize my GB hd as GB also but things didn t happen like that On bios setup it says my HD is gb I plugged the HD to my other computer and its partition magic says quot gb BAD quot also A modified MBR by a program ontrack can fool bios setup if so can i use XP CDs system recovery console with fixmbr command f it is not how can i make my Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm) hd back to normal not for old motherboards initialized as GB New motherboard is MSI RS M -IL and because of this problem I cannot enable S M A R T feature I need help and thanks from now on nbsp

A:Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm)

If you are using XP then boot fromt eh XP Cd. Then delete the existing partition and create a new one and format that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-on-initializing-samsung-80gb-with-samsungs-disk-manager-ontack-tm.42530/
Relevancy 42.57%

AVLab ransomware test
October 2016

All products tested with default settings

The best +++

=====================================================
Best ++
Avast Internet Security 2016
Avira Internet Security Suite
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Internet Security 2017
Dr. Web Space Security
ESET Smart Security 10 (BETA)
TrustPort Internet Security
=========================================================
Good +
Avast Free Antivirus 2016
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition
AVG Internet Security
Comodo Internet Security 8
Full pdf report
https://avlab.pl/sites/default/files/68files/ENG_2016_ransomware.pdf​

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avlab-ransomware-test-october-2016-1st-test-for-voodoshield.65362/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hard Drive Diagnosis Test- Long Dst Test Failed on my Laptop.But my laptop is booting properly but everytime it hangs during working, I have to hard reboot it every time.I am suspecting that, bad memory sector causing the issue I have tried Seatools for DOS to repaire those sector , but my hard drive is not detecting in that tool. Failure ID- RLNG40-7KG845-XD7V6K-618703 Do I suppose to replace the hard drive or it is repairable in HP service center ????  

A:Hard Drive Diagnosis Test- Long Dst Test Failed

Hallo Harshal123, this error code:RLNG40-7KG845-XD7V6K-618703Failure: 305information: Hard Disk 1 Full Test Failure If it's still in warranty I would recommend you to contact your HP support for getting the HDD replaced under warranty.List of phone number press your country: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html If out of warranty I would recommend you replace it your self it's normally not that hard but I can't tell since I can't see your P/N. But out from your S/N as I can see with that failure ID it's should be under 2nd year  warranty if im not misstaken. Br

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Drive-Diagnosis-Test-Long-Dst-Test-Failed/td-p/5623119
Relevancy 42.57%

Data Recovery using partitions Recovery using test within DRPs Data folders test on DRPs on test folders within test partitions Because of Windows OS and rd party programs and utilities constant cycle of deleting copying writing deleting copying writing The sooner one learns of any unwanted deletion s the sooner one engages any process of un-delete and or data recovery the better the chances of quality un-delete or recovery An un-delete's or data recovery's listing of quot un-deleted or recovered quot folders and files does not mean each and every quot un-deleted or recovered quot file is actually readable and or usable Listing results and real un-delete recovery can vary significantly I have been using Resplendence's Undelux awhile now and I remain surprised as to the busy-ness of Windows OS and rd party stuff constant cycle of delete copy write delete copy write I'm starting this thread here to gather experiences from others who have attempted and Data Recovery using DRPs on test folders within test partitions succeeded in data recovery This topic is not at all important or exciting -- until one needs to recover critical or important folders amp files accidentally deleted or quick-formatted I remember one poster somewhere on the 'Net indicating s he quot tried everything quot with several data recovery programs -- which lead me to believe that what was displayed on the monitor did not match end-user expectations The topic title reflects changes Wanting to presently being very efficient and effective with and someday tutorialize how to use the various tools within just six data recovery programs or utilities set up GB test partitions NTFS After setting up the test partitions after full-formatting same copied the test folders from my d-partition onto said test partitions -- each GB partition having two folders with selected files normal folder in which the files themselves have been deleted folder of which I simply deleted The selected files have various extensions such as mp mp zip htm doc txt etc I named the two folders Undeleted Folder and Deleted Folder From the beginning I'm used Acronis Disk Director to create the test partitions I used Windows Professional bit NTFS to create the test folders and for copying the already-existing files into said folders Essentially W Pro is the Windows being used by the six DPs If there are any read write engines built into the high-end DPs I'll try to mention them as I use them I changed one partition into DeletedPartition and added one more into the soup FormattedPartition I quot converted quot the contents in all partitions into DeletedFiles folder Deleted Folder DeletedFilesAndFolder -- to represent the most common problems that lead to either a folder file restore from a previous backup or onward to data recovery ranging from Whew GotEmBack all the way to HoleyMoley Steps I simply had to choose what programs and utilities to use out of so many great choices I settled on Piriform Recova Wise Data Recovery MiniTool Power Data Recovery Restorer Ultimate Steller and R-Studio A quick review of some things Long ago us old timers heard of and used terms such as FAT File Allocation Tables and DIRectories which were stored right after Boot Sector on Track Zero FAT and DIR are part of the main post office to the houses i e the folders and files on the magnetic media I'm not concerned with CDs and DVDs at this time Using an anology that can be snapped like a rubber band if stretched too far You and your family are the contents within your house a specific file The post office knows your street address number and your family name When a file is simply deleted the main post office no longer has your beginning house number nor the first letter of your family name If the whole block a folder is deleted although the main post office probably no longer has the stuff mentioned earlier however if you're lucky a sub-station just might have the needed numbers and first letters along with the whole names ... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38103-data-recovery-using-drps-test-folders-within-test-partitions.html