Windows Support Forum

Computer Shutting Down By itself

Q: Computer Shutting Down By itself

For the last couple of days my computer has been shutting down by itself, arbitrarily. I could be looking at my bios, on my desktop or while the computer is starting up.

There is no exact time it does this. I'm not sure what is wrong but, I have no more than a minute, usually less before it shutdown.
Interesting my mouse lights are on even after my computer has been shutdown.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Shutting Down By itself

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 43.43%

I ve let my family use this computer for awhile they down. up. messed Slow restore shutting randomly Computer System computer. started to complain it was quot acting weird quot When I jumped on to see I noticed it was shutting down by itself and extremely slow I got the computer to start up and tried to do a couple system restores I then noticed then that the date time on the computer Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. was off Saying some of the restore points were back in when I didn t even have this computer After a couple failed attempts Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. I got the computer to restore Its not randomly shutting off anymore but is still slower than it should be I reseted the date and time but I m still worried something could be wrong This computer has had Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. a Root Kit and a MBR infection before I ve run disk clean up Spybot AVG and CC cleaner DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att netmStart Page hxxp www att netuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo commURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Pr... Read more

A:Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398232/computer-randomly-shutting-down-system-restore-messed-up-slow-computer/
Relevancy 42.57%

Lets say that i downloaded a pdf file. If i put that file on to the desktop it will be there. But when you restart your computer or shut down your computer, you log back on and its not there.If i download poweriso, i install it into c: drive and it will work. But when you turn the computer off or reboot it, you log back on and its not thereI know its not a virus. Its like a school computer you can only save it into your drive. If you save it into a desktop it wont be thereI think someone put a system restore or a default. so when you turn it off it will reset it to the what you had when you turned it onI have a dell computer running windows 10

A:Computer wont save anything after shutting down computer or restarting

Was this system ever joined to a corporate or a school network? It might be a group policy that is making your user profile act this way.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153510.0.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, there is a red light next to my power button that blink's alot & i believe it's called the hdd light. No matter what i'm doing it shut's off after awhile & than my computer freeze's & i don't know why. Everything work's fine into that happen's & it's alway's random. I only had this computer for 2 years & i built it myself & this problem just started 2 days ago i also did memtest but it partially freeze's meaning the upper right corner isn't moving but the mid right corner still has number''s moving.This is my system specs

geforce gtx 660
intel core i5-3570k
corsair cx 600
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Onboard gpu intel (R) 4000

A:Hdd light on my computer keep's shutting off than my computer freezes

The hdd light should only light while the disk is being read or written to. It is normal for the hdd light to not be on all the time.

Since you say the system "partially" freezes during a memtest, I would like to understand more about that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when it's partially frozen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356475-hdd-light-my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-than-my-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Help about my computer My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing uninstalling Please help down about My im on my keeps shutting when computer Help installing/uninstalling computer.. Btw im installing Nero I also try to install other software but it restarts Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC Program Files IDT STacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www returnhomepage com cm a p q about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B AAEB - F D- - C -C CA D - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKCU Run OE C Program Files Trend Micro In... Read more

A:Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling

sumbody help me..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178998/help-about-my-computer-my-computer-keeps-on-shutting-down-when-im-installinguninstalling/
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer is an XP home edition I believe, and it asked me to install some important updated. After doing so, it told me that I needed to restart or shut down my system in order for the updates to take place. When I tired doing so, It gets stuck. I get to a blue "log-off" screen, and it says 6 out of 14 updates are being installed... do not turn off your computer. But it stays like that for hours, and never updates, so I end up having to shut off my computer by hitting the power button. :/

I tried doing a system restore, but those updates have to be installed first. Before it even tries to restore, it deals with the updates. I'm not too sure what to do. Is there any way to bypass these updates, or get them installed some other way? I'd really apriciate the help. Thanks.

A:Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

Is this a new system? When you go to updates have you validated your copy of XP with Microsoft? Once you do that and make sure your settings are correct in your browser for downloads it does take time but not hours. Are you running firewalls, Zone Alarm etc., anything that would block the updates? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-for-my-computer-are-preventing-me-from-shutting-down-my-computer.807978/
Relevancy 41.71%

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 3/9/2012

It is a 1-week old PC (installed OS a week ago), and I installed the OS by downloading it from Microsoft and installing it using a bootable CD.

A:BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)

Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1997494

I will look over the reports in your other thread when I get home and have access to my debugging tools. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239514-bsod-while-shutting-down-computer-1-week-old-new-computer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I was using my microsoft office word program, and it all of a sudden went funky, like short circuiting out, then a blue screen popped up saying that the program I was using was bad and causing my computer to crash, so my computer was shutting down before it crashed. Then it shut down and came back up asking if I wanted to go back to a restored or previous thing, something like that, (a restore point), and it said it would probably turn off and on several times through out and could take several minutes, then the computer turned off and back on and the screen would not turn on... I have a dell all in one computer, so I do not have a separate tower from my monitor. What happened? How can I fix this? Any one out there have any ideas? I was not even on the internet at the time.

A:Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

When you first turn it on, can you see the Dell logo?  If so, does it show the Windows logo after that?
Do you recall details of what the blue screen said?

If you can see the Dell logo, then try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
You can press F12 to get to the boot menu in order to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578740/got-a-bad-program-shutting-down-computer-before-computer-crashes-help/
Relevancy 40.85%

My friend s comp is screwed when I try to run AdAware the computer shuts itself down it gives me a countdown and shuts down in seconds But I m not an itself down? Computer shutting expert and I know alot of you guys are much more experienced than me If any of you can help us out I would appreciate it greatly Thanks in advance Here s the HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Computer shutting itself down? Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files eMachines Bay Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System zqjfke exe C WINDOWS System SahAgent exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exe C Program Files DownloadWare dw exe C Program Files NaviSearch bin nls exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Computer shutting itself down? program files solutions sais exe C Program Files VVSN VVSN exe C WINDOWS System toupwd exe C Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files eMusic eMusicClient exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS System wifaccrc exe C PROGRA Web Offer wo exe C PROGRA ezula mmod exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings ivette de la paz Application Data DownloadPlus exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files aim aim exe C WINDOWS System exdl exe C Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings ivette de la paz Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aimhome netscape com aimhome adp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http search search-exe com nph-search cgi tcode exesrch amp look stmpl amp fw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search search-exe com nph-search cgi tcode exesrch amp loo... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Yesterday I have upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. Everything works fine apart from the fact that the computer randomly shuts itself down. My laptop used to have heating problems before but no so often... like 5 hours after installing Windows 7 yesterday, my laptop had shut itself down 3 times already.
What could be causing this problem and how can I fix it?
Also, forgive me as I am new on the forums and I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread.
Thanks a lot for your help

A:Computer shutting down by itself

Check event viewer for any entries at the time the shutdowns occured also check scheduled tasks, also you could try installing some temperature monitoring software to keep an eye on the internals - something like speccy or cpu-z

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288691-computer-shutting-down-itself.html
Relevancy 40.85%

For the past 4 days - excluding Sunday, my computer keeps shutting down in the mornings. Most I seem to be able to keep it on is 10 minutes.
Someone said reset to previous safe date, but I am afraid of it shutting down in the middle of doing this.
Is it possible I have picked up a virus.
Why does it settle down by lunch time GMT
Help please
Please remember my knowledge on computer language and use is limited to switching on, reading and sending emails and using exel and word.
Simple language please.
Regards
Skeeg

Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason lately my computer has just been shutting down on its own. I leave it alone for a while and it will either be frozen and I have to restart it or it has restarted itself and comes to a black screen in the middle of loading things saying system error boot enter system disk. Now I tried putting in the Windows XP disk but it is not working. And if I press restart from there it will keep giving me the same error message. I have to turn the computer completly off for a second then turn it back on for it to work. Sometimes I will catch it saying physical dump of memory.

I have tried running Norton and spyware programs but nothing is making it go away. Any help would be wonderful. I am stuck and don't want to have to get another computer.

Thanks,

Steph

Relevancy 40.85%

seconds after i start up my computer it always shuts off. i have no idea why its doing it. it just started today and it does it everytime i start it up...PLEASE help..

Relevancy 40.85%

My anti-virus had expired, and i upgraded, but before i could upgrade, it started shutting down any time. Out of no where. (Which happened before but my warranty was still in, and dell came on and fixed the problem but never told me what it was, he fixed in like 15 minutes).
Well it is happening again, it is Not my power or my fan. Here is the error code i am getting from my log...

WARNING! The speed of processor 1 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 18 seconds since the last report.

AND THEN

ERROR!
The previous system shutdown at 6:47:22 PM on 10/2/2008 was unexpected.

I have Windows XP Home Basic
Dell Inspiron 1521
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 GHz
Memory 2.00 GB
32-bit operating system

Relevancy 40.85%

My antivirus found threats after a scan then I restarted the computer and the antivirus wouldn't start now I got it to start after doing a restore but everytime I try to do on shutting it's off own Computer a scan or an update the computer turns right off I did a hijackthis scan and the log is below please help Thank you very much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Computer shutting off on it's own Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files AVG AVG aAvgApi exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts ServiceLogi mp ltmplcache R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C ... Read more

A:Computer shutting off on it's own

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209044/computer-shutting-off-on-its-own/
Relevancy 40.85%

My main computer keeps shutting itself off soon after shutting off Computer starting up It happens at different points during the boot-up in windows in the bios but it never stays on for long It first happened after I hadn't used it for - days which makes me think it's not over-heating I've unplugged the power to some of my drives to reduce power consumption but no change If I manage to get into the bios before it shuts off and monitor the temperatures they are all below C again suggesting its not over-heating Given that it can boot up Computer shutting off succesfully passes POST fine every time and enters windows fine when it gets that far I don't think its a software issue On occasion after the computer powers off it won't turn on again however if I turn the PSU off and on again the computer is then able to turn on All this makes me think its the PSU but just Computer shutting off wanted to check if thats sounding the most plausible before I go buy a nice shiny new one My specs are AMD Athlon skt GB Mhz memory x Radeon graphics card GB Western Digital SATA HD W Ebuyer PSU as well as DVD drives a quot Floppy drive and an old GB IDE HD As you can tell its an older system but its been working fine up til now As I said I think its the psu thats got a short or something but would really like your feedback Cheers

A:Computer shutting off

Psu's will weaken over time. I would venture to guess that the psu
is bad. Go into bios and see what your voltages are. Or download
everest, free edition. Once installed go to sensor, it will list you idle
voltages. You are on the right track psu. Dont get a cheapo psu,
you will be sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-off-288013.html
Relevancy 40.85%

It started about two weeks ago. It would go to the screen saver, and then when it would go to sleep you couldn't wake it up using the mouse or keys. If you shut off the monitor and turned it back on, you'd get the bouncing icon that says you're monitor is alive, so it's not the monitor. Now it's gotten to the point where it's not even waiting to go to sleep. The computer will just cut off by itself. The lights are still on the computer but no one's home. It is running Windows XP.

Thanks.

A:Computer keeps shutting off

Firrst check for a possible heat issue. Open up the computer, inspect all fans and blow out the garbage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-off.482943/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am going crazy here my computer keeps shutting down I have cleaned it out so many times and ran scans through it I only know the basics of computers and not much on the hardware side of things computer shutting keeps down I have read a lot a computer keeps shutting down people download hijack this but i really am worried that i will mess things up I know it might computer keeps shutting down be over heating but i dont understand why cause the fan is working this is only the kids computer but it fustrates me when they have to use mine all the time please help i dont know whether i should just buy a new one here is a copy of my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http au yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g ninemsn com au SEENAU SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SWEETIE - A AADCD- A - b f- F-E BB A E A - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - no file O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run Device Detector DevDetect exe -autorun O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Global Startup Utility Tray lnk... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.685189/
Relevancy 40.85%

Windows XP Professional Build Intel Pentium D CPU GHz CPUs GB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX c System model AWRDACPI NVIDIA GeForce GT MB memory with the latest drivers that the shutting down Computer NVIDIA site s scan suggested for the card It s a Fry s Electronics built brand computer It s about years old It works for most things but shuts off no screen or restart with maybe one exception that occured recently that ll explain later It shuts off with Guild Wars which meet the reccommended requirements for and in the past done so with Avast Spybot and warm weather Now it s mainly streaming video and Guild Wars I factory restored my computer and the problem still exists It appears to keep getting worse I installed SpeedFan but I only look at the numbers and pictures Opera and TweetDeck running but not long after a Avira virus scan Opera and TweetDeck running One minute of playing Guild Wars and shuting it off to screencap http www fryssupport net fm cfm This Computer shutting down is the computer As for the explaining later I did get one blue screen of death It was in the middle of playing and it froze I remember is said something Computer shutting down about a memory dump and I wish I could remember the rest I couldn t start it without it turning of again After a while of waiting and unplugging it it did but I heard a whirling spinning sound which later went away Now it shuts off sooner when playing nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

We're having trouble with the computer shutting off while we use it It also takes longer to do things not sure if it's the same problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HandD at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup Shutting Sometimes Down Computer C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB Computer Shutting Down Sometimes realsched exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system lxcfcoms exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor TFEngine TFService exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings HandD Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google atcomet com b uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c program files bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB -D C - - FA - E EAAC - No File TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - EB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun LXCFCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x LXCFtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun ISTray quot c program files spyware doctor pctsTray exe quot IE amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - c program files bitcomet BitComet exe AddLink htm IE amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - c program files bitcomet BitComet exe AddVideo htm IE amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - c program files bitcomet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE D A B -D C- ed -AFC -C E DC AF A - res c program files bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe LSP c program files common files pc tools lsp PCTLsp dll DPF - - - - AA B - hxxp codecs microsoft com codecs i fhg CAB DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x DPF C D C - - D -A E - - hxxp www skotos net MarrachGame Alice cab DPF E A D- - F - A - E FC B - hxxp www gamehouse com realarcade-webgames gamehouse gamehouseplayer cab DPF EF -F - -B - B C - hxxp www gamehouse com realarcade-webgames weddingdash WeddingDash cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com products plugin autodl jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com products plugin autodl jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstal... Read more

A:Computer Shutting Down Sometimes

Hello handd,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Please do this:1. Download HijackThis? here:http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php2. Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'.The HJT log will open in notepad.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211391/computer-shutting-down-sometimes/
Relevancy 40.85%

soo im not sure if this is the place to be posting this because im not sure if the problem is a security one. but anyhow, my computer keeps shutting itself down randomly. sometimes its 5 minutes, sometimes its 20. The screen just fades out to black then the computer shuts down. Any ideas as to why? also my internet isnt working on that computer, though all my connections seem to be fine. These both happened this morning when i turned on my pc. I'm really at a total loss for what to do.

A:computer shutting itself down

over heating sounds like the culprit, check the fans on your cpu and the video card. look on your main board there are to large processors they may have either heat sinks only or have heat sink and fan. if not turn the machine off pull the plug from back of computer and put finger close to the chip a see if you feel excessive heat come off the chips, another words to hot to touch. follow anti statics rules. what you do is this touch case to discharge any static built up on your body.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/235123-computer-shutting-itself-down.html
Relevancy 40.85%

ComboFix - - - quot mike quot - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Created a new shutting computer keeps down restore point computer keeps shutting down Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS nircmd exe - - --ah----- C DOCUME ADMINI NTUSER DAT - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI WINDOWS - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC You ve Got Pictures Screensaver - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC toshiba - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC Intuit - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC ATI - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC AOL - - lt DIR gt d-------- C batt en tos - - lt DIR gt d-------- C sa v - - --a------ C WINDOWS system d d caps dat - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Windows Media Connect - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system drivers UMDF - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files MP Gain - - --a------ C WINDOWS system AvastSS scr - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswmon sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswmon sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system aswBoot exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswTdi sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aavmker sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswRdr sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Alwil Software - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Windows Defender - - --------- C WINDOWS system drivers cdralw k sys - - --------- C WINDOWS system drivers cdr xp sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Common Files SureThing Shared Find M Report - - --------- d-------- C DOCUME MIKEAL APPLIC U - - --------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion - - --a------ C WINDOWS system msxml dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system gdi dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS explorer exe - - --a------ C Program Files rim zip - - --sh--r C WINDOWS system D sys - - --sha-w C WINDOWS system KGyGaAvL sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot QuickTime Task quot quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot - - quot PrintServer Diagnostic quot quot C Program Files Print Server PTP PSDiagnostic exe quot - - quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Windows Defender quot quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot - - quot avast quot quot C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe quot - - quot Pinger quot quot C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe quot - - HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ctfmon exe quot quot C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot - - quot Yahoo Pager quot quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk backup C WINDOWS pss Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Exif Launcher lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Exif Launcher lnk backup C WINDOWS pss Exif Launcher lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup RAMASST lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup RAMASST lnk backup C WINDOWS pss RAMASST lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg APL quot C Program Files ACT ACT for Win APL exe quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg ATIPTA quot ... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

when i turn the computer on screen appears , there are no icons ,then just shuts down, have no time to activate anything

A:computer keeps shutting down

Hi m8!

This issue can be related to overheating problems, the most likely part is your CPU as modern motherboards will shut your machine down so that damage can be prevented if temperatures go beyond a certain threshold...Try this at first: Turn your PC on and get into BIOS by pressing Delete when prompted so that you can prevent your machine from loading your Operating System. Just stay in there for a while and see what happens. If your PC turns off again then overheating is quite possible. While in BIOS try to check your temperatures as well.

Also please post when this happened. Did you open your PC's case (upgrading, cleaning etc) or did the problem appeared while normal operation?

It can also be something simple and painless like Vista's activation procedures - But I'm not familiar with this situation. So see what happens while on BIOS and if everything works in order there but problems appear when OS is loaded something else must be happening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.682694/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Windows 7 laptop, and I'll be either working on a document or trying to upload an edited video to Youtube when my computer inexplicably shuts down - taking with it all my hard work. I've run Malwarebytes Antimalware and it finds nothing. I also installed a Norton security suite from Comcast recently, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Moved to Windows 7 forum.

A:Computer keeps shutting down

Let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When scanning is done, click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410148/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

a few weeks ago my computer just started shutting down when i would leave it idle for 15-20 minutes. so i went into the control panel and change the power scheme to always on, but nothing changed it still shuts down. does anyone have any ideas towards what i can try?

A:Why is my computer shutting down?

Well, do you mean that it is shutting down as in powering itself off completely? Or do you mean it is going into a Standby or Hibernate mode? Might want to make sure that Hibernate is unchecked in those power management settings you were just in (last tab).

You don't say what kind of computer it is, so speaking in pretty generic terms, some computers have a BIOS setting that forces a machine into a sleep mode, regardless of what you do with Windows power management. There may be a BIOS update that allows greater control over that or fixes a bug, so check with your maker.

It could also be a power issue with the machine. Perhaps you have a bad power supply. I am assuming a desktop. If it's a laptop then it's completely different...

You might also want to look at your motherboard and make sure you don't have "puffy caps." Believe it or not, I am STILL seeing that issue on machines RECENTLY!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-is-my-computer-shutting-down-292163.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all I have windows vista and my keeps off shutting Computer laptop keeps shutting off by itself Blue screen comes up and the first time it said something about a crash dump Second time it said fatal error I have no idea what is going on or what to do After the Computer keeps shutting off second startup repair it came back up It happened while watching a movie online Can anyone please help me thanks in advance BCCode c a BCP FFFFF BCP BPC FFFFFFFFC BPC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Computer keeps shutting off C User lettle AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C User lettle AppData Local Temp WERDD tmp version txt Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version BCCode c a BCP FFFFF B BCP BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C User lettle AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C User lettle AppData Local Temp WER E F tmp version txt nbsp

A:Computer keeps shutting off

Maybe is overheat problem. Coz laptop will shutdown automatically if overheat. Did you use it for long time? Or too many dust stuck under your laptop and accumulate heat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-off.988183/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a dell computer with windows xp as soon as i log onto computer and hit enter it automatically shuts down. doesn't even let me sign on. tried to boot in safe mode still shuts down tried to go to last known good configuration still shuts down

A:computer shutting down

Hello tshughes69

Run the Dell Diagnostics. Use the complete test

http://docs.us.dell.com/support/edoc...ll_diagnostics

To access them press F12 when you see the dell logo screen, then there will be an option that says IDE or Hard Drive Diagnostics. That will run a quick test, if you want a more thorough test select the option that says Boot to Utility Partition, then select custom test, select hard drive and then run test.

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...&doclang=en&cs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-down-300516.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My girlfriends computer keeps shutting down, in the same way the sasser virus did, but we checked for it and she doesn't have it. What virus could it be? And are there any patches or anything we can download to fix it? Please help.

Relevancy 40.85%

I never had this problem until I recently cleaned up my computer. It now runs fine, but my problem is that the computer shuts off, without warning, every 10 minutes.

How can I stop this?

A:Why does my computer keep shutting off?

How'd you clean it?

Does it just shut off? or a bluescreen?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293914-why-does-my-computer-keep-shutting-off.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I am using an e-machine computer (from best buy) with Windows XP. I've had to restore it often because the kids are contantly on Limewire or some other area they shouldn't be. But, this problem is different. In a nutshell, the computer just shuts down. No warning, no error message, just off! It started doing this today, and I tried unplugging and plugging it back in. Turned the computer back on and it stayed on for about 5 minutes then off again.

My son uses the computer a lot to play World of Warcraft. I tried cleaning the hard drive. Didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karen

A:Computer Shutting Down

I had a similar problem with my computer. Did you purchase a better video card or are you using the onboard video?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49273/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi, hope im in the right place,im looking for some advice with a problem i have.my computer on windows vista,works fine until you try to close a window, then it starts to shut down,and a warning appears saying ,internet explorer has stopped working,if you press cancel it returns back to the home page. its a real pain as you have to keep minimizeing every page instead of closeing it.greatfull for any advice.

A:computer shutting down

Sounds like you have a virus infection but I'm not entirely sure. Try downloading HijakThis and posting the log in Malware Removal and HJT Logs and ask someone to take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.790868/
Relevancy 40.85%

Computer keeps shutting down I cant run or load any new software such as new printer install I have no idea what the problem is or if this log helps I dont keeps Computer down. shutting know if its a virus or otherwise HELP My next move is to go buy a new computer It will also freeze Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Computer keeps shutting down. C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE VWUBB V HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CfgWiz exe GUID NAV CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run OM Monitor C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master FirstStart exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe ... Read more

A:Computer keeps shutting down.

Anyone?? I see one other person is having the same problem in this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.636383/
Relevancy 40.85%

Recently my computer (dell xps 1800 running windows 10) had been shutting down and upon investigation, the fan was dusty and wasn't connected correctly- pieces had been broken a few years ago and glued back on, but the glue melted and the thermal compound had worn off. I got a replacement fan and heat sink (Intel E97378-001 Lga1155/1156 Aluminum/Copper Cpu Heatsink, P/N# E97378-001) and installed it correctly. Now when I turn it on, both fans are running fine, but it still shuts down after a few seconds-1 minute. Upon previous diagnostics, the only problem was the cpu fan. If this is fixed, then what is causing shutdowns?

A:Computer shutting down

Are u SURE u installed the heatsink correctly??.......
Did the new heat sink have thermal compound pre applied??
Did u clean the processor before installing the new heatsink??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.1171344/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi My name is Andrea and I have a small Acer netbook I hope that I am in the right place and doing this correctly My computer has been running slow for several weeks now It also may never start up If I turn keeps down Computer shutting the computer on it will sit on Computer keeps shutting down the screen loading the desktop virtually forever and never fully start up I will have to manually turn it off and try again until it turns on I cannot turn off my computer any other way than by manually hitting the Computer keeps shutting down off key unless it re-starts on it s own and even then it won t always boot back up I have been getting two consistent messages now before it will start to shut down The first is a box saying quot Generic Host Process for Win quot it says in the box that Win services has encountered a problem and needs to shut down Then a second box comes up with a second countdown says quot This system shut down is initiated by NT Authority System quot and inside the box it states quot Windows must now restart b c DCOM server process launcher terminated unexpectedly quot I hope this is enough info let me know if I can find anything else I will now attach the dds and gmer logs I couldn t get the computer to stay on long enough to run a full gmer so I have two partially completed ones Thanks

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
msconfig
drivers32 /all
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new OTL log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377975/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer keeps shutting down itself Not sure what is going on Please help Kim Here is the Hijack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform keeps My shutting down Computer Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C My Computer keeps shutting down WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security My Computer keeps shutting down Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realevent exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sympatico msn ca F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON Real Toolbar realbar dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON Real Toolbar realbar dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run BlockTracker c hp bin BlockTracker exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run AutoTBar C hp bin autotbar exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec S... Read more

A:My Computer keeps shutting down

Please don't leave me hanging I really don't know what to do.
The only thing new that I have done to my computer is download MSN 6.2 Would this have an effect on my computer?
thanks for your time
Kim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.248519/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I've been scrolling thorough the threads but have not been able to source the same problem I am using windows xp service pack My computer is a Acer Aspire the situation is basically this My computer froze completely i could not even access the task manager so then i had to hold down the power button to turn it off When i turned it back on the computer loads back up does a virus system check then boots up as computer keeps my shutting help! down! normal then once windows has loaded i get prompted with a popup saying 'system shutdown please save all files anything unsaved will be lost' then underneath it has a timer counting down from a minute Then about second later i'm prompted with another popup titled 'epower DMC exe common language runtime debugging services ' with some error info and two buttons 'ok to terminate' 'cancel to debug' When i select cancel it says the 'registered JIT debugger is not available' The computer then just switches off and restarts and repeats the same process help! my computer keeps shutting down! In order for it to stay off i must use the power button to manually exit it Any help would be greatly appreciated to be honest i'm really scared help! my computer keeps shutting down! by the situation because i havent backed up my recent files in help! my computer keeps shutting down! the past few months and im worried they will be lost regards simon

A:help! my computer keeps shutting down!

go to command prompt (WinKey+R > type cmd) then type in:
shutdown -a

You can also put this in a notepad:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -a
And save it as something.bat on your desktop- so you can double click it...

This sound like a virus. I'd highly recommend you scan your system and also burn some indispensible files like docs, pics etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-my-computer-keeps-shutting-down-300378.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all shutting off Computer My problem started yesterday after downloading Sygate Personal Firewall Pro amp a program call quot Hello quot photo imaging program While on the internet and w o warning the monitor shut off for maybe ten seconds and then turns back on by it s self It did this twice and then didn t do it the rest of the night This morning I was disconnected from the internet twice I m using XP Home on a dial-up connection Here s a Hijackthis log from this morning Thanks for looking a it for me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Computer shutting off exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Computer shutting off lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Computer shutting off Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C PROGRA HPINST plugin bin pchbutton exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files MRU-Blaster scheduler exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS System DllHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents DAVE S JUNK hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toast net start O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run AVGCtrl quot C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE quot min O - HKLM Run AWMON quot C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Acme PCHButton C PROGRA HPINST plugin bin pchbutton exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunOnce Eraser Clear XP quot C Program Files CyberScrub Professional silent exe quot -XP O - HKCU RunOnce CyberScurb quot C Program Files CyberScrub Professional silent exe quot R O - Startup MRU-Blaster Scheduler lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster scheduler exe O - Startup MRU-Blaster Silent Clean lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster mrublaster exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup hp psc Series lnk C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off.275022/
Relevancy 40.85%

Have a Dell XPS 8700 with Win 7 home premium. The computer shuts down on its own and I get the error message from windows. Here is the latest output:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8007251660
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9A3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA800CCC4150
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Is there anyone that can advise me with this issue? Thank you.

A:Computer keeps shutting down on its own.

If you follow these BSOD posting instructions, one of our members will be able to give you help
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388420-computer-keeps-shutting-down-its-own.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer seems to turn itself on and off at will. Sounds crazy but its true. It seems that the problem began after subscribing to an online backup service provided by my ISP. I thought that by uninstalling the software that it would stop however it still is happening...can there still be some hidden files or ini. entries that are still running...any help would be appreciated.

A:Computer Shutting Off And On

You may have registry entries that were not removed during the uninstall. Have you contacted you ISP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33926/computer-shutting-off-and-on/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi guys I am new here and was wondering if anyone can help me ...
I have this prob
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/rpc.php

I have tried everything and the box still comes up I have scanned my puter and its not saying I have the worm I have tried the norton remover its saying I dont have the worm but I cant stop this box from coming up...
it shuts down my puter about every hour and I am concerned about what might be on my puter...and really want to sort this prob out
any help would be appreciated!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keep-shutting-down-help-296641.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I tried to remove Gamblock from my computer which i now know i shouldnt of done but it was out of licence and i thought it would be ok Since doing this it has shut down my computer and only gets as far as the desk top stage when logging in before shuttng me down again I have tried loading up keeps Computer down shutting in safe mode but it does the same too I really dont want to put my computer Computer keeps shutting down back to factory settings as i have no ideas where my vista disk is even if it came with one It does not stay logged on long enough to do a system restore either it only stays on the desk top for Computer keeps shutting down around - seconds before logging off If my only option is to go back to factory settings could you please tell me how I do this and if I would need a vista disk or if it will be on there automatically i m not even sure if i got a disk wih the computer or it came fully loaded up i cant remember My laptop is E systems Can anyone help me with this please Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.832490/
Relevancy 40.85%

good morning all my computer keeps shutting down and starting up once in awhile i ll get an error saying something along shutting down keeps computer the lines of memory cannot be read or written too this started yesterday i havent added any new computer keeps shutting down hardware or software i did a system restore same thing here is a hjt log please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss computer keeps shutting down exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost computer keeps shutting down exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Cox Applications app Console exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe c Program Files Cox Applications App syssvcnt exe c Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings HP Owner My Documents hijack this HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - c Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - c Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quo... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

For the last 2 weeks my computer would shut down by it self. It would not shut down completely- the green lights where the num ,cap ,scroll locks would all flash and the fans in the tower would start and stop. Only if I would unplug it would everything shut off. Even if I would shut down normally this would happen but if I hold the power button in to shut down it would shut down completely. Had it in the shop for 5 days and they just resat all internal parts and cleaned dust out of the tower.Still did the same thing when I brought it home. Went back and duplicated the problem in front of the tech and he said he thinks its the MOBO or PSU. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I have re formatted windows so there are no viruses .

Thanks

Try another psu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.858915/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm not sure whats really going on with my computer. For the last 2 weeks my computer has been shutting off during random times, it's happened when i was on the internet, playing games & watching movies. I thought it might be the power supply so i bought a new one today and installed it properly but it just happened again. Please help me out. Thanks guys.

A:My Computer Keeps Shutting Down

maybe its overheating. i would download everest and check the cpu temp while doing stuff like watching movie or playing game.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down-297173.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone

My computer keeps shutting down. It is very frustrating and there seems to be no pattern so I'm hoping someone out there can help me. OS - Vista Ultimate 32 running AVG free (latest version), Firefox.

This has only happened since the installation of service pack 2 and haven't, as yet, taken it back to 1 yet.

It seems to just go off when I either do a scan (AVG), run sims 3, or do something that requires dl/ul, ie pictures from camera, update of ipod library. I've checked that the fans are all ok and the heat of the CPU is about 26 degrees. Its an AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 6000+.

I am currently checking for malware with malwarebytes as I type this. Still scanning C but nothing coming up as of yet.

Can anyone suggested anything else? Is there any particular information you need?

A:My computer keeps shutting down

hi,,, looking at the things you say causes the event, i would have said it was heat,,,, as most of these things are intensive programs,,, and would have suggested a good clean out with a can of compressed air,,,, but the temps you are seeing say other wise,,,,,, run scans with your A/V and download malwarebytes free version,,, update it and run a full scan,,,,, while your scanning open task manager and see how much cpu your using and if it stays at around 100% as this will cause a shutdown too,,,, also type ,,, event viewer ,,, into tearch box in start menu and hit enter ,,, take a look in critical and error in event viewer to see if this will shed some light on it,,,
good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272367/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok so my computer started shutting down about Computer shutting keeps down a couple hours ago and when I turn it on it will stay on maybe about minutes the most then it will just shut off for no reAson I scanned my computer earlier before all this started and nothing Computer keeps shutting down was found so and everytime I turn my pc on to scan again to make sure I can never get the scan done because it shuts off Anybody else been through this situtation or any thoughts on what might be going on System is vista sp bit compaq presario And I'm typing this through my phone btw Oh yeah and forgot today my charger plug the part that goes into the computer has been messing up it is sensitive I guess because when I touch or something hits it a little bit it flickers the power to my comptuer and when I take my charger out my computer it won't turn it will only turn on when it's plugged in

Just in case this is the problem, can you please follow these instructions, and then upload the zip file here, ready for one of the experts? Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285325-computer-keeps-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok so i have a PC here. It won't shutdown correctly.

It hangs when you click shutdown. It doesn't hang like this:

shutdown -> choose method -> hang

it hangs like this:

click shutdown -> hang

Here's the kicker.

It will shutdown fine if it's only been on for a few minutes, even after being fully booted and using a few programs.

But after an extended period of time, it will hang when clicking shutdown...

any ideas? It doesn't even bring up the shutdown menu, just hangs when i click shutdown...

A:Computer Not shutting down.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

might help

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-shutting-down.638983/
Relevancy 40.85%

LAst night my computer just shut off...i was able to turn it back on and get on it again, things were running slow and then it shut off again....i forgot to turn it off before i went to bed and this morning its not working. I can turn it on and the green light on the from says its onbut nothing is happening. I kept trying and every now and then it would seem like it starts to load but would shut off again. I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again, i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive....nothing else is working too....do i have a virus? did something blow? the fan?
I have no clue, i have tried everything I can think of....what do i do now? whats going on?

A:My computer keeps shutting off

megastar15 said:

I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again,Click to expand...

Sounds like a dead monitor to me it should work fine that is assuming the monitor can handle the screen size of your monitor, to be double sure set your screen size to 640 x 480 and then try the monitor if it still wont work its broken.

megastar15 said:

i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive...Click to expand...

Open the C drive ?? what does that mean ?

megastar15 said:

nothing else is working too..Click to expand...

What else is there.

Look lets start from the beginning, first check the monitor, then post back and tell us if the computer makes any noise or if any lights come on on the base unit.

Usual checks like fuses are a good start.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off.108108/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey

I have a few problems actually, the main one that concerns me is that my laptop has recently been switching off without any warning. Upon restarting it says it overhearted which may be due to the battery or the vents not working properly. I've tried clearing the vents but that hasn't worked, is there anything else you can suggest, or would it be worth me buying a new battery?

The second problem is just that my laptop runs really slow, particularly when i start it up. Any suggestions on what I could do to try and speed it up.

Finally I managed to delete my recycling bin on the desktop and I can't get it back, so I can't either empty it or retrieve something from it. Do you know where I would be able to do this?

Thanks a lot

gzb1986

Relevancy 40.85%

For about the past month my computer (Toshiba Satellite laptop) has just randomly shut down. At first it would be only when I'd play games and it would just shut down, but now it has been shutting down for no reason at random times. Some days it will do it 5 or 6 times, other times it'll work fine for a few days and then I'll be browsing the internet or typing a message and it just craps out on me. I know this is a pretty broad problem, but where do I start in solving it?

Thanks
Chuck

Relevancy 40.85%

I have just installed XP, and since then the compter will not turn itself off once I shut down, it goes to the "it's now safe to turn your computer off screen and no further. I have tried Marioh's solution (posted 01-30-2002 ) for Win 2000 but that does not seem to work either.
Any ideas greatfully received

Marc

Thanks for the help Tpb that site was a lot of help!

A:XP not shutting down computer

Try this:
http://tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=312

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-shutting-down-computer.67165/
Relevancy 40.85%

HELP i am a complete computer amateur and am a bit worried my pc keeps turning itself off often at the most inconvenient times. can anybody help and tell me how to stop it please could this be a vista related problem?

A:my computer keeps shutting down

High temp CPU search the web for the regular temp setting and then compare the temp in the bios see if it's getting too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.605789/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi there first computer shutting keeps down of all thanks for taking the time to look into this Since a few weeks my computer keeps shutting down randomly all of computer keeps shutting down a sudden I checked computer keeps shutting down with Ewido and Ad-aware nothing special However when I do spybot check it keeps shutting down at a specific moment during the check Haven't done Norton check as my AV I have to admit is a little out of date Anyhow is this a problem of the cooler potentially as that one is making quite some noise already since months and should I change it as perhaps the comp is overheating and therefore the comp shuts down or am I facing some kind of a virus here Here is the exctract from hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe c APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exe C WINDOWS system gearsec exe c APPS HIDSERVICE HIDSERVICE exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system DeltTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SAGEM Wi-Fi USB g WLANUTL exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware oldewido exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google be R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have a barebones kit computer that I put together approximately two years ago. Since then I've had to purchase new memory and now a new hard drive due to it going bad.  I just bought a brand new hard drive a WD 1TB 7200 64mb SATA. After installing it, the computer kept shutting down on me until I updated the buffer speed in the bios and that seemed to cure the problem for the time being. Now it is doing the same thing, shutting down on me right in the middle of me doing things on it. Any one know what I am missing here?

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521997/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello i have a compaq presario desktop computer i believe it's the S with windows XP home edition service pack it's not very high in MB it only has not help shutting down Please Computer MB i only payed dollars for it from a family friend because i needed a computer but anyways as of lately whenever i go to shut it down for the night by going into quot Start gt Shut down quot it goes through it's quot logging off - shutting down quot screen and then once that is gone the monitor will have this grey looking sorta glow as if it's on sleep mode or something instead of just a pitch black screen it's grey and they're is a glow in a pitch black room that is how you can tell the computer is still on and not fully shut down because the room has a glow from the monitor - and the quot Num lock quot green light is lighted up on my keyboard as well as a green button on Computer not shutting down Please help the computer tower Computer not shutting down Please help itself Whenever i want to turn the computer on the next day i have to hold the power button on the tower to fully turn it off and then hold it again to turn it on It's really annoying I had the computer set to quot energy star quot in the power options and then everything set to quot never quot i've changed it now to quot home office desk quot and with the settings to never but it still does the same thing Hibernation and sleep mode is turned off in the power settings as well I don't know what to do how can i fix this I've tried command prompt quot shut down -c quot that works it fully shuts it down BUT then when i go turn it back and then shut down by start gt shut down it does the same thing Please help me out

A:Computer not shutting down Please help

I haven't got a solution, but here is something that you can do to fix it temporarily.

Go to Notepad.
Type in shutdown -c
go to save as, at the bottom click on all files. Save it as shutdown.bat

Save it to your desktop, and put it in the corner where you can access it quickly. Now whenever you want to shut down, just double click that file.

Also, if you don't like the look of it, put it in your my documents and make a shortcut to it, then you can change the icon.

Hope this helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-not-shutting-down-please-help-542138.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I need to do this as quick shutting computer keeps down as possible Even though I m in safemode with networking I keep shutting down Please help I have had this problem before and fixed it throught this computer keeps shutting down website Please help My cd drive isn t opening for me and it won t read the disks anyway Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar no name - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar Starware Music - a f -cb - aa - ec-fc b b - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dll file missing O - Toolbar IE Custom Tools - C DFA F - - E - E - D F B - C Program Files Online Add-on ictmdl dll file missing O - Toolbar ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dll O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM Toolbar - b c c- efa- - f-bcb e a b - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Extra button PokerStars - AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - C Program Files PokerStars PokerStarsUpdate exe O - Extra button AIM - AC ... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give My computer keeps shuttin down on its own After it shuts down and I try to turn it back on it does not boot up windows I have to keep turning the power on and off until it randomly and usually hours later boots back up I have an emachine so when I turn the keeps shutting down Computer computer back on only the emahine screen shows on the monitor I ran an AVG scan and no viruses were found I m looking to get a new computer pretty soon but I want to backup my files to an external harddrive The external drive has some Computer keeps shutting down important files on it already so I want to make sure at the very least that there is nothing on my emachine hardrive that might infect the external drive Any help would be greatly appreciated Below is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS Computer keeps shutting down System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS system S tray exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adb search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exeO - HKLM Run VTPreset VTPreset exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program... Read more

Hello and Welcome to BleepingcomputerPlease note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319395/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Dell Dimension 2350 Series System that started shutting down just like that all the time...tried booting up in Safe mode.....No help...changed the PSU....No Help....Changed the memory Slot......No Help.....changed the memory chip.....No help....any other suggestions...? I'm kinda stumped.....

Thanks In Advance!

Relevancy 40.85%

hi everyone hope u can help problem is my computer snaps off every 15min to sevral hours.when i run a virus scan it never makes it through the whole scan.i have dumped cookies deleted all temp files.restored my system to an earlier date.im using winxp home ed.

A:my computer keeps shutting off

Have you tried to run your scan in Safe Mode?How to start Windows in Safe ModeTry to run these online virus scanners:http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21388/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off/
Relevancy 40.85%

When I start up my computer (HP Pavilion 752n - Windows XP) the Windows launch screen starts and then the computer shuts down. Will not start in Safe Mode - but showed a blue screen:

Unmountable_Boot_Volume
Stop: 0x000000ED (0x833759EO, 0x0000006, 0x00000000, oxoooooooo)

I was on the Internet when it shut down the first time.

Can you help

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my computer what is happing it that quite frequently the system will show the dreaded blue screen but will not allow me the read it then shuts off.

The only way I can start it again is to unplug it from the mains the plug it back in again. if I try to just start it all that happens is the the fan start and the hard drive read light comes on but doesn't go off along with the power on light but the initialisation process does not continue.

I would appreciate any help the you could give me.

A little about my spec

Windows xp
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
512MB Ram

Thank you

A:Computer Shutting Down

Have you recently installed a new driver, hardware device, or application? If so, it may be the problem. Also, to be able to read the blue screen, which may give more insight, follow these steps:
Go to system properties (Control Panel or right click My Computer, click Properties)
Advanced Tab
Under Startup and Recovery, Settings button
Under System Failure, uncheck "Automatically Restart" checkbox

This will prevent the auto reboot when you get the blue screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-down-213367.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I read in the help section of my laptop that I shouldn't shut down my computer unless I am repairing hardware or something. It said you should always put the computer on sleep even if you are not going to be using it for hours.

Is this true? I always thought you should shut the computer down. Doesn't this waste the battery/electricity?

Thanks!
Meg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer.566433/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am helping somebody in trying to fix their computer. Here are the specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.0 GHz
512 MB RAM
Windows XP
I don't know about power supply etc. because its not my computer.

The problem is reportedly that they can no longer import CDs or files in general. they thought that it was running out of space, so they bought an external HDD. They moved their files onto the external hard drive then tried to delete the files from the computer. After hooking up the HDD they have found that the computer will shut down while trying to do anything. I immediately thought of overheating but have not been able to find out

I am planning to run memtest86 and a chkdsk on the internal hard drive. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I don't have any experience with BIOS and i don't know how to check if it is overheating.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, this is my first post here. I recently bought a new computer. When I first got it, it shut off on me three times in the first hour. I was going to contact the person who I bought it from but it didn't do this action for the next 2 weeks. Lately though my computer has started to shut off randomly again. Sometimes as much as 5 times in a one hour period, It will do this regardless whether I'm on the net or not. Last time it did it I was converting mp3 files into wave files. Sometimes a certain program like Windows media player or firefox will just shut down. The operating system is Windows XP.

What do I need to look for?

Relevancy 40.85%

My computer which is running XP Pro has developed a problem of shutting down occasionally I thought it was a heating problem but I checked all the fans and found the fan on the video card was bad I replaced the video card thinking the problem was solved only to find that that didn t change anything I am running it without the side on it and when it shuts down I check for any hot spots and Computer shutting down cannot detect any Also when it shuts off the light is still on on the front and I have to shut the power strip off and turn it back on to restart I don t have to do anything on the computer itself just the power Computer shutting down strip I checked the power supply and it seems to be working ok I ran a diagnostics test and the processor and motherboard test ok I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to do next Thank yuou nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Good day all I m a computer tech trying to fix my girlfriends computer but can t manage to track down the Computer Shutting Down culprit Hopefully someone can help clear up the mystery Here s the problem When she plays WoW anywhere from min to hrs after she starts the computer will simply power down - Computer Shutting Down bam no lights nothing Nothing in the event log no BSOD Just like you pulled the plug out of the wall Computer Gateway LX - Core Quad Q Gig DDR - Running fully updated Win x Here s what I ve done Graphics card drivers - easiest to try so went there first That didn t work so I obviously went for power supply - no BSOD nothing in the event logs so I immediately pulled out my trusty PSU tester One of the V rails was slightly Computer Shutting Down low Computer Shutting Down nothing of concern but thought maybe with the extra load from gaming it may be the answer She s been wanting to do some upgrades so I figured it would be a good opportunity for her to get a solid PSU that can handle more powerful goodies We decided on a Raidmax RX- z W PSU She played for about min then it was time for me to head home About min later I got the text that it died again Well as part of her desires for upgrading her computer she started looking at graphics cards Don t know why a GPU would simply kill the computer without a BSOD or an event log entry but she s been wanting a new GPU anyway so I figured maybe we could easily rule out the GPU and get what she wanted We got a nVidia GeForce GTX I m jealous I want one too lol That night she played for hours with no issues - and much higher framerates than before The next day after hours it happened again So now my thought was memory Again why it would simply kill the computer didn t make sense but it had to be tested I ran memtest for about hours - nothing no problems I fired up Prime in blend mode for about hours then switched to In-place large FFT s mode for another hours or so Throughout the Prime testing I monitored temps and voltages with speedfan Nothing out of the ordinary voltages were flat lined no variation The temps were fine I ve also run multiple D Mark benchmarks hoping to stress something and make it shut down but haven t gotten anything Now I m stumped Hoping it s not the motherboard but not sure what else it could be Everything else has been tested or replaced Hard drive maybe Again why no BSOD or event log entry Is there some strange WoW bug I ve searched for it but all the forums regarding that are recommending the normal culprits - memory PUS GPU and GPU drivers Sorry for the REALLY long post I tried to pack as much detail in as possible Hope you can help Scott nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

My computer works fine after coming from stand by mode. But when I tried to shut down the computer it is restarting instead of shutting down. If i am not using the stand by mode it is shutting down properly. It is a Dell computer. The Dell tech support does not have a solution for this. Help ME !!!!!!!!!!

A:computer is not shutting down

I have a feeling it may be something to do with 'Power Option' in Control Panel. Please look through this to see if there is something there telling it to restart when trying to shutdown!?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-not-shutting-down-230982.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, back again,looks like I need to join th esite again. This time I have a different problem. I thought it was a problem with the power settings, but I played with them quickly before it would shut down on me. When it was set up to shut down in power sheme it did, when I switched the scheme to Hibernate it would hibernate. I turned off all schemes and it now shuts down again. Figuring I picked up a malware..

Please help me if you can TIA

A:Help Computer keeps shutting down

After several attempts, I was able to get the computer to boot into safe mode but did not think to have it set up with network access and therefore could not do the online scans that were recommended ( Panda) and DSS was not on my computer.

Since I was not sure I could get it to boot in safemode again I ran HJT that I had on the computer, here is the logfile.

I think I remember being busy on the computer and accidentally allowing a reg change when the request popped up. I am pretty sure I have malware that keeps shutting the computer down.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:05:46 AM, on 1/6/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\ssonsvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuimgr.exe
C:\hijakthis\Owner.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.att.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.comcast.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: CSMHelperObj Class - {0F660F64-F4C9-477F-8529-44181B717472} - C:\Program Files\AT&T\WnClient\Programs\CSMBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WebCGMHlprObj Class - {56B38F40-4E70-11d4-A076-0080AD86BA2F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cgmopenbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3TRAY2] S3tray2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checktime] c:\program files\HPSelect\Frontend\ct.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NapsterShell] C:\Program Files\Napster\napster.exe /systray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHe... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-computer-keeps-shutting-down-209068.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all,
I have a brand new system here which keeps randomly shutting down. From what I've been told, it will sometimes work for hours before shutting down, Other times it runs for about 20 seconds then turns off.

Here are the specs:
CPU:Intel i5 750
Mobo: Asus P7P55D LE
Ram: Team Elite DDR3 2gb
PSU: Silverstone SST-ST75EF 750w
Video Card: XFX Geforce GTS-250

I was able to check the voltages and temperature before the last shutdown, I'm not sure if they help but I'll post them anyway.

Temperatures
CPU: 47c/117.5f
Mobo: 27c/80f

Voltages
CPU: 1.216v
3.3v: 3.376v
5v: 5.112
12v: 12.208

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore info let me know and I'll post asap.
Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 40.85%

I thought I had my computer fixed, but now it keeps shutting down. And now it won't let me open up Firefox, which is the way I get on the internet. How can I fix this? I am running windows 10. Updated from Windows 7. I have a HP laptop. Thank you Wrenie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.1167723/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer keeps shutting down when it is left idel. Then when I turn it back on it says it recevered from a serious error. I have ran Microsoft essentuls and Malwharebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and Eset. All come up clean. You be Greatful for your help. Don

Relevancy 40.85%

not much time get what I can to you Hijack Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running min down shutting computer every 15 processes C WINDOWS System smss exe computer shutting down every 15 min C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuComServer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO dsWebAllowBHO Class - F D C- - F-A - E BD E - C Program Files Windows Desktop Search dsWebAllow dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run NSWosCheck C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Basic Edition osCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup BitTorrent lnk C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C WINDOWS system GPhotos scr O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http pcpitstop com betapit PCPitStop CAB O - DPF - C D- D- DF-AAB FA Symantec Script Runner Class - https www-secure symantec com techsupp asa ss sa sa cabs tgctlsr cab O - DPF DABFBF-D AB- FA- C -CC F DivXBrowserPlugin Object - http download divx com player DivXBrowserPlugin cab O - DPF A D - - A- A -D AC B Symantec Download Manager - https webdl symantec com activex symdlmgr cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF CB B- F- DF- B - F AA F Photodex Presenter AX control - http www photodex com pxplay cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF FFB A - B - F-BDA - C EB CC PCPitstop Exam - http utilities pcpitstop com Optimize pcpitstop dll O - Win... Read more

A:computer shutting down every 15 min

DDS...

DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86
Run by Gene at 0:08:58.71 on Sat 01/15/2011
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.5.0_12
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1279.883 [GMT -5:00]

============== Running Processes ===============
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PifSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.8.0.5\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.8.0.5\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Gene\Desktop\dds.scr
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
mSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
BHO: dsWebAllowBHO Class: {2f85d76c-0569-466f-a488-493e6bd0e955} - c:\program files\windows desktop search\dsWebAllow.dll
BHO: Symantec NCO BHO: {602adb0e-4aff-4217-8aa1-95dac4dfa408} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\17.8.0.5\coIEPlg.dll
BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention: {6d53ec84-6aae-4787-aeee-f4628f01010c} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\17.8.0.5\IPSBHO.DLL
TB: Norton Toolbar: {7febefe3-6b19-4349-98d2-ffb09d4b49ca} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\17.8.0.5\coIEPlg.dll
TB: {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - No File
TB: {C55BBCD6-41AD-48AD-9953-3609C48EACC7} - No File
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
mRun: [ccApp] "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccApp.exe"
mRun: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\pif\{b8e1dd85-8582-4c61-b58f-2f227fca9a08}\pifsvc.exe" /a /m "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\pif\{b8e1dd85-8582-4c61-b58f-2f227fca9a08}\AlertEng.dll"
mRun: [WinPatrol] c:\program files\billp studios\winpatrol\winpatrol.exe
mRun: [NSWosCheck] c:\program files\norton systemworks basic edition\osCheck.exe
dRun: [Spyware Doctor]
dRun: [Picasa Media Detector] c:\program files\picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\gene\startm~1\programs\startup\bittor~1.lnk - c:\program files\bittorrent\bittorrent.exe
IE: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - c:\windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
IE: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - c:\windows\system32\msjava.dll
DPF: DirectAnimation Java Classes - file://c:\windows\java\classes\dajava.cab
DPF: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file://c:\windows\java\classes\xmldso.cab
DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} - hxxp://pcpitstop.com/betapit/PCPitStop.CAB
DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} - hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/8/398422c0-8d3e-40e1-a617-af65a72a0465/LegitCheckControl.cab
DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} - hxxps://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ss/sa/sa_cabs/tgctlsr.cab
DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F217216... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down-every-15-min.974772/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all Lately my laptop has been doing some funky things Earlier today while I was in the middle of an email I got a blue screen that didn't stay long enough for me to read it and it restarted itself It's been acting a lot slower lately too It's just not running Computer Shutting down like it usually does I'm pretty computer savvy I stay updated all the time scan Computer Shutting down and clean regularly But this is a little beyond me I don't know why it Computer Shutting down would be acting like this I've scanned the thing through and through to see if their were Computer Shutting down any trojans malware virus ect i come up with nothing If anyone could help I would appreciate it i just can't seem to figure it out Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - no file O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar no name - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - no file O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run masqform exe C Program Files PureEdge Viewer masqform exe -RunOnce O - HKLM Run PLFSet rundll exe C Windows PLFSet dll PLFDefSetting O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run mcagent exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey O - HKLM Run McENUI C PROGRA McAfee MHN McENUI exe hide O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesH... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-shutting-down-451165.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a year old HP computer running windows Never had any problems until last week It just shut down while I was on it I tried restarting it would go to the log in page and shut down again not shut off but Help shutting keeps Computer - down actually shut down When I would try to put my password in it kept typing letters until the box was full I tried system restore and finally had to do system recovery Upon finishing that when it restarted it shut down again I kept trying and it seemed to Help - Computer keeps shutting down stay on longer each time til I finally got it Help - Computer keeps shutting down to work Was ok for about days and started all over again I wasn t able to open and reinstall my personal stuff I was afraid Help - Computer keeps shutting down maybe something in there messed it up Any ideas I don t have a password on my restart now and it sometimes will load everything but mostly shuts down after it says welcome Sometimes it will stay on an hour sometimes won t stay on at all Since I wiped it clean pretty much surely if there was something file wise I would have removed it Is it the computer itself I have Norton Internet Security I cleaned my keyboard thought maybe a key was stuck the way it would keep typing like I had a key pressed I noticed it sometimes does that if I am typing then shuts down

A:Help - Computer keeps shutting down

Those kind of symptoms are indicative of a failing power supply. Try booting into Safe Mode and see if it does the same thing. Windows Safe Mode only loads a minimum set of devioe drivers and doesn't place the system under any strain. Don't do anything and just leave it running for a while. If it still shuts down regardless, then it's almost certainly power related. It could also be the case that the CPU fan has failed whereby the system shuts down automatically to avoid damage to the motherboard.

To boot into Safe Mode, hit F8 a couple of times immediately after the HP logo disappears from view which will take you to the Windows Advanced menu. You'll see Safe Mode in the options. Use the up/down arrow keys to select it and then hit Enter.

Is the machine still under warranty? If so, give HP tech support a call so that they can arrange to replace it for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446573/help-computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

Please help , my hp laptop is shutting off . If i load any program computer will shutdown in 3- 5 minutes. If i start the desktop only computer will run for a couple of hours then shutdown. Any suggestions? scrtagnt420

A:computer is shutting down by itself

Overheating?

Go to Start->Run, type ChkDsk /r and click Ok.

A MSDOS Window will appear to ask you if you want to run this utility at startup. Select Yes. Restart the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-shutting-down-by-itself.347094/
Relevancy 40.85%

Here s my problem if I can get it out before my computer shuts itself off again Computer shutting down itself keeps lol Btw I m an intermediate user I know enough so any questions feel free to ask but I have explored the basics to resolving my problem believe me My computer will randomly shut down It happened around months ago then kind of went away for a while and now it s back in full force sometimes shutting itself off every minutes or minutes or whenever it feels like getting an attitude It is no sort of RAT trojan backdoor someone else controlling my computer there are no worms no viruses not even a trace of adware malware spyware so get those out of your head What it isn t I m pretty sure of what it is I do not know I ve switched out surge protectors I ve switched where I jack my comp into the wall no help The odd thing is when it goes off it doesn t boot right back up Computer keeps shutting itself down but I have to turn the surge protector off let it sit Computer keeps shutting itself down about seconds turn it back on then turn my computer back on Happened the same months ago different kind of surge protector and when my computer shuts down the power doesn t go out the surge protector doesn t go off so I m quite certain it is something else What it is I don t know I don t know enough about what could be causing it hardware motherboards etc Any ideas I have plenty of fans working temperature is just fine the machine is decently new I don t know what else to tell you but thanks in advance if you have any ideas on resolving the issue you can t imagine how frustrating it is MyDahlia nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I'll be lucky if I can get this posted before it happens again. My machine just shuts off regularly after a few minutes of being on. Every startup it goes through scan disk, sets up fine afterward, but then shuts off whether I'm working, it's on lock, etc... Where do I start?

It won't stay on long enough to run malwarebytes, spybot, etc.

Help! Thanks!!!

Relevancy 40.85%

my computer will start up then a pop-up will come up saying the system needs 2 shut down because of nt-authority.... any ideas why its doing this?

A:Computer Keeps Shutting Down

This problem can be caused by the Blaster WormVirus alert about the Blaster worm and its variants

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86649/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

This problem has been going on for a few days now The computer shutting down computer somehow seems to shut itself down multiple times during the day Often I have trouble getting it to start back up It seems to restart itself more in the morning than in the afternoon or evening I have run adaware spybot s amp d AVG antivirus and just recently installed the Zone Alarm firewall None of them find anything Here is the hijack this log that was taken after computer shutting down all the tests were run Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon computer shutting down exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS computer shutting down system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http comcast net comcast html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www worldusa com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp amp Search the Web - C WINDOWS Web Ers src htm O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D E C -BD A- D - A - A D - http chat yahoo com cab yacsui cab O - DPF A F B BD-A A - A- - D ScorchPlugin Class - http www sibelius com downlo... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Until a week ago my computer has been working fine It runs on windows XP and is a four year old Seanix model However on Monday things started getting weird I tried to start it in the morning and it wouldn t work Both fans turned on for about a second but no green light came on and nothing else happened I left it and after school tried it again This time it worked perfectly fine Today I got the same problem it wouldn t start I left it all day and when I tried again it turned on green light and all but nothing happened The screen mouse keyboard never started Aftera couple tried it got to down shutting Computer the point where they would turn on and I d see the BIOS information on the screen as it was booting then it d shut down again I can t get it past this point and it s very frustrating An help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Could be overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.921921/
Relevancy 40.85%

Earlier i was playing guild wars and my computer shut off randomly After trying to reboot it it would get to the shutting computer down motherboard screen and then shut down a few seconds later so i brought it to the kitchen and hooked it up so i could check if the fans and stuff were working everything looked good and surprisingly the computer didnt shut down so i brought it back to my room and it shut down again in there i repeated this process a few times it didnt shut down in the kitchen so i plugged it in with the monitor and everything in the kitchen and downloaded everest ultimate edition to double check temperatures everything looked good i left it on for a good minutes as i ran around the house resetting power breakers thinking the outlet in my room was screwed after a few computer shutting down i tried setting it up in my room again and no luck so i tried different outlets on all the walls in my room with no luck again so i brought it back to the kitchen thinking something was wrong with the power in my room even though everything else in there was fine and it shut down in the kitchen for the first time I m thinking its the power supply or something but im hoping all those start ups and shut downs didnt screw something up so it wont work in the kitchen either now i dont know what to do i need to leave for work so i will check this when i get home nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Ok, not sure what is going on with my computer. It will be running fine could be for 10 min or 5 hours and then it will just shut down and start to reboot, sometimes it will reboot fine other times it will take about 6-12 times to reboot and still does not actually start up correctly.
I have tried to reboot in safe mode and sometimes it works good and others times it will keep shutting down too. The only way it seems to work fine with no problems is if I disconnect my DSL link then it will not shut down at all.
I have tried DSS, ScanDisk, ComboFix, Tuneup Utilities 2008, AVG, Spybot, Adaware & currently have CA Internet Security Suite on my computer for my virus software.
If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a heating trouble, open the case and put a fan to blow air in to it, if its more stable then you may need to change your heat sink.

Reinstalling windows would be the second option. But if you have active virus protection then it should not need to be done.

Also make sure that you have latest drivers for all your products, even if you got the CD with the product its best to update drivers from internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-down-242706.html
Relevancy 40.85%

The computer is randomly shutting itself down and restarting itself I m not sure what the cause is or what provokes it but it does this randomly without warning Any help would be greatly appreciated Below attached are the GMER amp DDS resultsDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security enabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files iTunes Down Shutting Itself Computer iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Computer Shutting Itself Down Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exec PROGRA mcafee Computer Shutting Itself Down SITEAD mcsacore exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Installed Virus Stuff dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www rodrigony com mStart Page about blankuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dlluURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllmURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e Computer Shutting Itself Down ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Winamp Toolbar Loader cee ec- - bc- b - ddc ab c - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dllBHO aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - Google Toolbar HelperBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllTB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB Winamp Toolbar ebf ba - - c a- b-bb f d de - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllTB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dlluRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgrounduRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exemRun avp quot c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security avp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeIE amp Winamp Search - c documents and settings all users application data winamp toolbar ietoolbar resources en-us local search htmlIE Add to Anti-Banner - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ie banner deny htmIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE FE - FCB- AC-B - F - FE - FCB- AC-B - F - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllIE CCF ... Read more

A:Computer Shutting Itself Down

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319817/computer-shutting-itself-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi....anytime I try to run a registry analyser/checker or spyware scanner program, my computer reboots at some point during the scan. All other programs work fine. No virus's found by my anti-virus program. CPU at normal temperature (50c - Athlon xp 2200), memory checks out OK, leading me to think it's not hardware. Mildly irritating!

I had the same trouble with my computer when I had service pack 1 installed. No spyware or anti-virus picked it up, but there was a process on my startup list that has a critical warning 4. Apparently this process takes advantage of some vulnerability within windows, hence shutting down randomly.

After I installed service pack 2, this stopped automatically.

Tthe process is called "NvCpl". Even after you disable it, it comes back. Check it out, might be your problem!!!

I'll try find the website where I found that info for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.326243/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I have just completed a format of my computer and re-installed all the software. Now when I try to rip a cd onto the hard drive using either Windows media player 10 or Itunes, the computer switches off like it has over heated. I have had over heating problems and this is just the same except it can happen straight after switching on when cold. I partitioned the HDD when formatting so that I could put all my music on the 20 Gig partition. It was working fine before the format .Can anyone help?

My Spec is:

Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
512 Ram

I have run Norton Anti-Virus

Thanks

ABD

Relevancy 40.85%

Not sure how long this is gonna stay on. I tried to run EWIDO scan this morning and something was bad wrong with the program. So I removed the program. I wanted to make sure it was completely gone, so tried to go in to registry and clean all traces out. Everytime I try to go to regedit, my computer restarts. Tried my Registry Mechanic program, computer restarts. Tried RegSeeker, computer restarts. HELP!! not sure what to do. Moved from the "XP" Forum. ~acklan~

A:Computer Keeps Shutting Off

This sounds like a virus. You'll have to run a virus scan to ensure that the system is clean.Worst case, you'll have to slave your hard drive to another computer with a good antivirus program and scan it from there.Try running ClamWin Portable from a flash drive to see if you can clean it. It's free from here: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81796/computer-keeps-shutting-off/
Relevancy 40.85%

This has been happening for about a week now. It will just shut down. One time it came back on and rebooted, sometimes I can turn it back on, then other times, I have to unplug the power cord, wait for the green light on the back to go out, plug it back in and then turn it on.
I have ran Norton and Spy-bot, but both say that everything is fine.

I'm running win xp.

What could it be?

A:Computer keeps shutting down...

Just a guess without seeing it but it sounds like the power supply may be going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.327581/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all:

Would like some expert opinion on my computer:

For the past 2 weeks, it has shut down unexpectedley about 6 or 7 times. 2 of those times when the computer is not in use (overnight). The other times while in the middle of a task. Oddly, it will not power up until i disconnect all of the peripherals. Once I do that, it starts and boots normally.

I have not made any changes either to harware or software during this time other than changing out my wireless keyboard/mouse. No viruses or spyware detected either. CPU and MB temps are constantly monitored and rarely above 105F.

Before I run out and buy a new power supply (my first guess) does anyone else have any ideas?

Appreciate your time and responses!

A:Computer shutting off....

PSU would be the first thing I would suspect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off.677339/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,
Suddenly my computer doesn't shut down. The start menu shows all the icons but when I click on them nothing works and so am unable to shut down. Its a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7. I've not dowloaded anyting recently. I use the AVG anti virus.
I am able to browse the net and can open the folder as these icons are on the bottom tool bar.

thanks for any help

A:Computer not shutting down!

Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
======
Click Start - in the search box.
Type
msconfig

Click on the Start Up Tab.
Write down carefully what is listed and post the list here.
Or post a screenshot
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-shutting-down.1110441/
Relevancy 40.85%

Alright here s the deal My initial problem involved attempting down. Computer shutting to play games specifically Ragnarok Online though any game beyond Solitaire suffered the same fate These games would run for five to ten minutes and then the computer would reboot My initial response was quot Heat quot So I added another fan didn t help So I removed the side cover of the case Still didn t help Furthermore I did some quot testing quot used my hand to feel the heat and the temperatures varied from burning me to barely any at all So I ve dropped that avenue Computer shutting down. of investigation My next thought after some research was the Computer shutting down. video card I was using Computer shutting down. onboard video to play these games so I thought maybe that was overtaxing the system So I finally bought a Radeon PCI mobo only supports PCI but that didn t make the slightest bit of difference Upon more research thinking about it myself I settled upon my RAM as the perpetrator I ran a few memory tests all of which came back negative for any problems however I wasn t convinced I was only running one stick of DDR perhaps THAT was overtaxing it since is suggested for RO So I returned the video card I m poor and bought a new stick of DDR Didn t help in fact it appears to have gotten worse which is where I m at now Now the computer shuts down after about five or ten minutes of doing ANYTHING after it shuts down it ll only come on for about twenty seconds unless I let it rest for about twenty minutes or so I tried taking out the old stick of RAM I tried it with both sticks I tried it with ONLY the old stick Nothing is helping My newest suspect after reading a post here is the PSU or God forbid the mobo Help Please gt lt nbsp