Windows Support Forum

2 Faulty Video Cards in 2 Months. Don't Know What To Do.

Q: 2 Faulty Video Cards in 2 Months. Don't Know What To Do.

My PC is years old and was running x GTs in SLI 2 To Cards Faulty Do. Video Know in Months. What Don't 2 Back in May the PC froze a few times while playing PC games A complete freeze I couldn t alt-tab or cntl-alt-del After the rd time there was a white 2 Faulty Video Cards in 2 Months. Don't Know What To Do. dot pattern all over the screen in the booting up screens and in windows itself it was even worse more dots and anomalies After removing the top vid card and cleaning it out and trying to use each of the cards alone I determined that the issue was with the top card and the bottom card was working fine I got a RMA number and sent it in for repair It still hasn t showed up but that is a different issue For the time being I ve been using just the card Fast forward to this week and I ve been getting similar freezes After the rd time in days on the reboot I saw the same white dots I can t get into Vista normally only using safe mode When I try to go into regular windows it just stalls at a blank screen Is it possible that I have faulty video cards Is there something else I should be worried about This system has run perfectly other than this for the past years and I haven t added any new hardware in that time I have posted here before and know PC info is of great help but as I cant get internet access in safe mode and I am writing this from work The computer is years old and I ordered it from Vigor Gaming com now defunct Vista home premium bit gig RAM Quad Core processor x for now Nvidia GT nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2 Faulty Video Cards in 2 Months. Don't Know What To Do.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.07%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi peeps,

My question is: are there any (affordable) ways of repairing faulty graphics cards and if so, is it worth me trying to sell my 2 faulty AGP graphics cards (one is XFX 6600GT 256MB, the other Powercolor ATI X1650 Pro 512MB) on Ebay or Techspot trade/sell area or is it just best for me to recycle them at the local recycle yard? If people are able to repair them, then maybe a re-sell as faulty could rekindle some of my losses?

Many thanks for any responses.

A:Can faulty graphics cards be repaired?

No, as cost wise it's better to replace them. Don't bother selling those on ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-faulty-graphics-cards-be-repaired.151927/
Relevancy 58.05%

We have a Dell 390 tower that has 1 pcie x16 port and 2 pcie x1 ports. We have 3 additional videos cards other then the onboard but we are having difficulty getting all the video cards to work. The mutiple option only comes up when you add the video card in pcie x 16 slot but will not come up if you remove that card and put video cards into the other slots. Need help getting all video cards to work at the same time.
Additional Video Cards ( all 3 besides onboard) are : 
 EVGA GeForce 8400 GS DirectX 10 01G-P3-1303-RX 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
We have converter cables converting the pcie x 16 to pcie x 1. We've seen where other people with this same setup have gotten them all to work together but we just can't crack the code...any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991425
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there,

My computer came with a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP card, which is apparently a Graphics/Video Card with onboard video (or the other way around, video w/ onboard graphics) Now, this is a terrible card- it can barely play any modern games. I want to get a new graphics card, but I'm concerned if I install a new Graphics Card, that because of the onboard video, it will affect this greatly, or if I actually need a video card instead of graphics. What do I actually need, and will it adversely affect anything on my PC.

I can provide more information if you want...

A:Installing New Graphics Cards with Onboard Video/Graphic Cards

We need to know what mobo you have and what slots it has.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-graphics-cards-with-onboard-video-graphic-cards.91405/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm trying to run a game in High Def and it says I need to upgrade to GEFORCE 3 or better. Is this a video or a graphics card and what is the best choice to fix this problem.
I've read posts on graphics card and have it down to a choice between GEFORCE and ATI Radeon 3870 that Im having a hard time making since I don't know much about this yet and my comp is at least 5 yrs old. Running an EMachine 3400, 512 mb with windows xp and extra membory added. And which is better the 9600 Geforce or the 3?

Relevancy 52.89%

When I try and view videos they randomly freeze. Sometimes it might run for 30 seconds and then freeze 15-45 seconds before starting up again. A 2 or 3 minute video might freeze 4-6 times before it finishes. This happens on most videos I try and view, however the video on the techguy site telling new members how the sie works did not suffer from any freezing.
Any help appreciated!!

Technical details:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 301916 MB, Free - 241457 MB; J: Total - 46 MB, Free - 39 MB; O: Total - 3272 MB, Free - 460 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0FJ030, A00, ..CN708215BSX4GT.
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Faulty Video

If possible check you cpu tempature... see wheather that is cause by CPU ... because for your system .... seems the video Decoding is handle by the CPU... and old P4 3.2Ghz is very hot.... may over 60 degree....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-video.999901/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I recently had a problem with my dual monitor PC When I started up my system my primary monitor started with no problems but my secondary monitor stayed blank After Vista had loaded I turned my secondary monitor off and then on again The result was that my second monitor was re detected and Video Months?? Corrupted Every Two Driver was no longer in extended desktop mode as if I lost some of my settings Instead it was in clone Corrupted Video Driver Every Two Months?? mode where my secondary monitor was like my primary monitor I had to go back into my display settings control panel to reset my secondary monitor to extended desktop mode I then had no problems Curious and worried I contacted both AMD Ati and Dell technical support AMD responded that I might have a corrupted video driver and to reinstall the latest one Dell responded with the same answer Dell said something else that has caused me to right this post I was told that my video card driver can get corrupted over time due to updates and that I should reinstall the latest Ati driver every two to three months Is this true It seems like quite a hassle The way I feel about it if I have a Ati driver that works well why change it Also What was going on with my PC when my second monitor didn't start What does the fourm think Thanks Michael R

A:Corrupted Video Driver Every Two Months??

seems very odd saying that , all i can assume is that they are thinking your using windows update to update your video driver , and after a few months of installing drivers over the top of other drivers they could become corrupted , otherwise i see no reason why you would need to install every few months , this could explain why your settings are screwing up

however winupdate wont install them unless you select the available update , automatic update only automatically installs critical updates

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/244315-corrupted-video-driver-every-two-months.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought and installed an ATI radeon 9550 256mb video card. Although there are no obvious problems with it whilst playing certain games Battlefield 2 for example the graphics get extremley glitchy and the game seems to run slow do you have any advice on what I can do??????

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a geforce 6100 that seems to be faulty. I got a new motherboard about 6 months ago and ever since it hasn't worked the same. When i play videos, there is something funny about them. It plays sometimes but then i go to minimize it and re open it and its only in one small corner of the screen. I have all the codecs plus driver updates. The only way it works well is wehn i turn the acceleration down to none. ALthough the screen is very blurry when it is full screen. I have also brought it to the shop and they "couldnt find anything".

The only thing i can think is faulty card and they do not wanna play for a new one. It is integrated int he motherboard.
ANy other options, ideas?

Thanks Josh

Relevancy 52.46%

Got this corruption in my display after about 2-3 hours of MW2 last night. This is the worst it's been so far, started as missing or incorrectly colored textures, started getting video lag during that session last night and then what you see in the picture.

This seems to have started when I built my new system but I think that may be because the old one wasn't PCIe 2.0 so it never really stressed the card...

A:Does this look like a faulty video card?

Looks like it is overheating might want to check the fan on the card and cooling on your system

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/64340-does-look-like-faulty-video-card.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, i've been having problems in the last few days, i recently upgraded the videocard and psu of my system to a 650w unit and a geforce 560 gtx card.It worked fine for about a week then suddenly im hit with lag everywhere i turn.I am now unable to watch videos/play games because of this.But before i go out and send my card back i would like to know for sure anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 52.46%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I need some guidence with recovering couple of video file created using the laptops webcam and the files were deleted about 4/5 months ago, the files were saved in system drive ..

How to recover them, please advise.
Thanks!

A:How to recover 5 months old deleted video file

Try the free version of Recuva.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323006-how-recover-5-months-old-deleted-video-file.html
Relevancy 52.03%

As title states had a rock solid system since i build it 6 months ago while watching a video in media player classic.

Any help is appreciated , thank you.

A:BSOD while watching a video in mpc ( first time in 6 months )

Quote: Originally Posted by Visker

As title states had a rock solid system since i build it 6 months ago while watching a video in media player classic.

Any help is appreciated , thank you.

Hello there!

Seems like the dump files are missing from the files you attached. Please wait for the next crash once you had the crash go to C:\Windows\Minidump and upload the files here.

Few things:
Updated your SSD firmware.
Run SFC Scan SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Lot of crashed with codec packs. Consider reinstalling it.

Code:
Event[14632]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2012-07-22T23:59:58.000
Event ID: 1000
Task: Application Crashing Events
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: S-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: mpc-hc.exe, version: 1.5.3.3819, time stamp: 0x4ebc2a94
Faulting module name: ffmpeg.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4eb3d1df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00139d2d
Faulting process id: 0xa20
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd68554d243703
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\MPC\mpc-hc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffmpeg.dll
Report Id: 935608dd-d448-11e1-ab64-001b21cf9c73

Event[14633]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 2012-07-23T00:00:00.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: S-PC
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: mpc-hc.exe
P2: 1.5.3.3819
P3: 4ebc2a94
P4: ffmpeg.dll
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 4eb3d1df
P7: c0000005
P8: 00139d2d
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\S\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_mpc-hc.exe_2e61a676ee8d673f79cbcd25f06730bee4c17e29_04121d90

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 935608dd-d448-11e1-ab64-001b21cf9c73
Report Status: 0

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244906-bsod-while-watching-video-mpc-first-time-6-months.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i turned on my Pavillion a1450n to find that when it booted up, the screen was covered in little green lines, but the boot screens were still somewhat readible. there were also flashing green letter "K"s all over the screen. i tried reseating my video card, and checking the all cables and monitor cords. i also tested it out on two monitors...same result. any suggestions before i go out and by another video card?

A:faulty monitor? video card?

My bet, bad video card because you are seeing it on the post screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-monitor-video-card-207585.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I think i have a faulty video card, my computer will randomly restart when im installing new programs... any type of program, it will restart when its copying files during instalation. when it restarts the monitor wont turn back on. i have to shut the computer off for like a minute or two, and then turn it back on and sometimes the monitor will turn on, sometimes it wont. i have the latest drivers for my ATI radeon 7000. I am runing XP can anyone shed some light on this?

Relevancy 52.03%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was trying to play a game called World of Warcraft Everytime I tried to logon my game would crash and there would be a vpu recovery I thought it was just a game issue at first I then tried to play wc which was installed on my primary slave My primary slave Video Slave Ram, Faulty card? HD, also has windows and other drivers ati drivers sound drivers etc from my old computer i never formatted before I put Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card? it as a primary slave Warcraft kept giving me errors minutes into game I was starting to worry it was a video card issue So I installed counter strike tried playing seconds into game my computer froze and now my computer keeps restarting when its trying to load windows xp I went into bios and tried to disable my primary slave but when i did that my computer kept asking me to boot from cd even tho my primary boot device was hard disk Please help i just got this new computer after being weeks computerless So could anyone help me identify the problem here At first I thought it was just a game problem but one of the games i tested was installed on my primary slave and the game was installed on my old computer then after all my games kept crashing it could ve been a video card problem not windows wont even start up Could this be due to my primary slave conflicting issues with my new hd my specs are Mother Board MSI K N NFORCE Video Card Ati Radeon mb CPU Amd bit Master HD Western Digital gig hd sata with windows xp Primary Slave Samsung gig hd with windows drivers everything from when it was installed in my old HP computer RAM Rosewill -Pin MB DDR PC Unbuffered nbsp

A:Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card?

please check your cpu temp and post it. your cpu seems to be overheating when playing games.
if you are comfortable opening your computer, check your cpu fan if it is seated properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-slave-hd-ram-video-card.312791/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all ,Some great help out there ! I got the programs I needed to contract the sound from video .but I want to eq,and remix the file then put it back into the same video.Is this possible?
If not can I add a already studio made video into the video file.I know movie maker does that some how and i'll will be twinking it tonight but if anyone has help on either of these question I'd be thankfull
J.r.
also if anyone needs help in using music soft ware like pro tools or cubase please ask I like to return the favor!

A:put sound back in video[moved from video cards]

Hi J.r, welcome to TSF.

To clarify, you want to extract the audio from a video; remix it and place it back over the video?

In my mind, I would use software to record the audio.
Using video software, I would mute the original audio on the video, and place my remix over the top. Do you think this is something you could achieve?

I'm unclear on what you mean by:

Quote:

but I want to eq,

Is this a typo?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/put-sound-back-in-video-moved-from-video-cards-228227.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Just bought two, new, identical Samsung 19" monitors, beautiful, looks awesome. Need to buy video card, since monitors are identical what card would work better, dual single card or two separate cards ?
What maker would you recommend ?
I do not play games, but pictures are important.
Can I have two AGP cards ? Want to see 3D pictures in the future.

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm not very good with computers so I'll try to explain this the best dragging Cracking, months!! causes lag..struggling video 6 for sound, I can I have a Toshiba laptop that came with Vista I upgraded to Windows home premium bit Around - Cracking, dragging sound, causes video lag..struggling for 6 months!! months ago my computer started to get sound that pops cracks and drags and when it does this is also lags the computer including any video I'm watching It only lags when I am doing something with sound or something like taking the computer out of sleep mode etc I have tried EVERYTHING I could think of so far Cracking, dragging sound, causes video lag..struggling for 6 months!! other than a complete re-install of windows The reason for this is that I have some programs installed on this computer currently that I cannot replace without buying them again lost CD's mostly So I'd like to avoid this problem if at all possible I have updated my sound drivers to the newest ones from Realtek and it helped Cracking, dragging sound, causes video lag..struggling for 6 months!! for about an hour and then the popping and cracking sounds came back I also did a system restore as far back as possible without losing my programs to no avail I also tried suggestions of a few friends which included muting the computer sound changing around some of the sound configurations and bringing down the audio format of my driver from Studio to CD also to no avail I had this same problem on my Acer mini laptop after a few months of installing Windows which I ended up selling because I couldn't get rid of the problem I am starting college soon and I really need a functional laptop to work with If anyone knows of a way to fix this problem PLEASE let me know I cannot stand this any longer I really want to be actually able to listen to music and play videos and games on my computer again Also This transfers over to songs that I download as well I bought a song from iTunes and put it on my mp player and the cracking had transfered over to it as well edit Well that's fantastic I installed the automatic windows updates and now I have no sound or video at all

A:Cracking, dragging sound, causes video lag..struggling for 6 months!!

I have the same exact problem...I think I'm just going to have to save up for a mac...I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 and after a few months this crap started happening and nothing I have done has made it better. Now the problem is really bad and I'm afraid it's at its end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/152778-cracking-dragging-sound-causes-video-lag-struggling-6-months.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I'll try to explain my problem the best way I can I've having trouble running games for quite sometime now Games like BFBC Mafia II Dead Space - mostly modern games that take up more CPU GPU usage When I my crashes) it Is something or card (game else? faulty, video run these games they either crash windows says they stopped working the AMD Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) driver Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) stops working or in some rare cases the system freezes I've pretty much tried everything reinstalled drivers reformatted etc The only time I can really get any stable game play is if I don't OC my CPU which is strange because I'm not OCing my CPU like hardcore - the max I OCed is GHz v I de-clocked to GHz v since I had the same problem months ago but this week I've been getting the same problems I had before and I didn't change ANYTHING at all so now I'm running standard clocks on my CPU GHz Raising the voltage on the CPU didn't help at all when OCing I went all the way up to v- v and nothing still crashes etc The reason I'm asking if either something is wrong with my GPU is because when games crash on my system my entire computer starts acting up the graphics pictures in games become distorted kinda like artifacts on defected GPU and the sound becomes all static like feedback I can't explain it - it's weird I have to reboot my PC in order to fix it Also I get the quot Display driver has stopped working quot in some occasions usually when I play dead space My CPU nor my video card are overheating - the max temp my CPU has gone is - c and my video card is - c This pic shows pretty much what happens after a game crashes and try to play it again http img imageshack us img jpg So should I RMA my card or could it be something else click on my system specs below my name

A:Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes)

Quote:
the graphics/pictures in games become distorted (kinda like artifacts on defected GPU)

This is a clear sign of a defective GPU
RMA it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/137681-my-video-card-faulty-something-else-game-crashes.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all.

A friends Gateway desktop will not boot up. It does power up but nothing at all will display on the screen, not even the post diagnostic. I think that either there is something wrong with the BIOS or the on board video is gone and just won't display what is happening. Just wondering if anyone else would have any ideas?

Thanks.

A:I'm thinking faulty on board video or bad BIOS?

Have you tried another monitor?

Do you get the POST beeps? Lights?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-thinking-faulty-on-board-video-or-bad-bios.670991/
Relevancy 50.74%

I update and save quite a few files each day, and I can see in File History that there are many saved versions for these files.
This would fill up my backup drive fairly quickly, and therefore, I need to reduce 'Keep saved versions' from the default of 'forever' to about 3 months.  But does this mean that all files older than 3 months will be deleted my File History backup?
 What happens to all my files that have only ever been saved once, but are older than 3 months?  Are these retained in File History or deleted?
The forums on File History do no make this very clear.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ee47cf7-9e10-4e72-9721-e759cc4d2628/windows-8-file-historykeep-saved-versions-eg-3-months-does-this-mean-that-all-files-older-than-3?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Okay first of all I would like to say I have been having on going issues for months to almost a year I have tried everything I can think of Including wiping harddrives to DoD standards with dban gparted etc I have tried monitering my connections with wireshark I have tried several differet anti- virus and malware programs including paid version of kaspersky malwarebytes bitdefender eset This problem also has involved some black hat hackers compromising my system and bank account credit card etc all being hit and continueing to do so I have switched ISPs changed hardware thrown away devices including cell phones and laptops It seems that they were also backdoored into several of my devices and were using several different methods to continue to spread and infect other devices These devices include android iphone ipod ipad netbook laptop smart tv and even my dvd player java I have tried to ask for help and seek help for this and no one can figure it out or think this cant be real I have now thrown out all laptops going months of Spyware, hackers...equals months insane!! Malware, and help! And and all phones at the same time and started from scratch but having issues on a brand new laptop I am not sure this is the same issue as before However I would like and really appreciate if someone could help me out and view my logs and make sure because I have been through hell and back with all these issues Loss of finances time and sleep SO I truly appreciate any and all help Oh also the issues I was having with Malware, Spyware, And hackers...equals months and months of going insane!! help! my devices I noticed odd timing and occurances during bootup even before you can get into the bios or uefi I think it was a newer infection that paravirtualized my whole system and was active as soon as you turn the computer laptop or whatever device on It seems like wifi bluetooth and I am also going to suggest audio files were being used and utilized ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by M M A administrator on M M on - - Running from C Users M M A Downloads Loaded Profiles M M A Available Profiles M M A Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Mozilla Corporation D Mozilla firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM Run egui gt C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe - - ESET HKLM-x Run ROGNB gt C Program Files x ASUS Gaming Mouse hid exe - - HKLM RunOnce GrpConv gt grpconv -o HKLM-x RunOnce GrpConv gt grpconv -o HKU S- - - - - - - Run SUPERAntiSpyware gt C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe - - SUPERAntiSpyware Startup C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Secunia PSI Tray lnk - - ShortcutTarget Secunia PSI Tray lnk - gt C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe Secunia Startup C Users M M A AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu... Read more

A:Malware, Spyware, And hackers...equals months and months of going insane!! help!

GMER 2.1.19357 - http://www.gmer.net
3rd party scan 2015-06-29 18:38:16
Windows 6.3.9600  x64 \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\00000036 HGST_HTS721075A9E630 rev.JB2OA3J0 698.64GB
Running: 11ybrc3o.exe; Driver: C:\Users\M4M8A\AppData\Local\Temp\kxldypow.sys
---- Modules - GMER 2.1 ----
Module   \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys (Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64/Intel Corporation SIGNED)(2014-09-02 06:28:41)                                                fffff800f9c65000-fffff800f9f1b000 (2842624 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\edevmon.sys (Devmon monitor/ESET SIGNED)(2015-01-30 23:13:30)                                                                                          fffff800fa393000-fffff800fa3d2000 (258048 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\EpfwLWF.sys (Epfw NDIS LightWeight Filter/ESET SIGNED)(2015-01-30 23:13:30)                                                                            fffff800fb400000-fffff800fb40e000 (57344 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AiCharger.sys (ASUS Charger driver/ASUSTek Computer Inc. SIGNED)(2014-03-27 21:00:12)                                                                  fffff800fb7fa000-fffff800fb7fd000 (12288 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\TeeDriverx64.sys (Intel® Management Engine Interface/Intel Corporation SIGNED)(2014-11-21 01:03:12)                                                  fffff800fb3be000-fffff800fb3db000 (118784 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\AsusTP.sys (Asus TP Filter Driver(X64)/ASUS Corporation SIGNED)(2014-07-29 23:26:34)                                                                   fffff800fbc00000-fffff800fbc59000 (364544 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iwdbus.sys (Intel® WiDi Solution/Intel Corporation SIGNED)(2014-08-01 20:25:47)                     ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581337/malware-spyware-and-hackersequals-months-and-months-of-going-insane-help/
Relevancy 50.31%

Well around winter of my Card? Input Video Signal, No Fried Faulty Mobo? computer broke down I have recently gotten sick and tired of using a windows COMPAQ has too little ram for anything remotely modern So I am back to it my Father looked at it and he thinks the motherboard is fried No one in my family has any PHYSICAL computer problem experience though I have virtual experience It started to make a loud hoarse noise at startup The monitor sayed quot No Input Signal quot and said quot Monitor going to sleep quot We cleaned out the inside as it was ridiculously dusty and now the hoarse noises have stopped But the monitor is still messed up What I can provide -Another computer to test things -Pictures of the inside of my computer -Specifications To an extent another thing I want you to know I am not prepared to buy most things I have another computer with parts I can swap if it comes down to it No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo? but if we cant fix it we are going to buy a brand new computer If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I have little physical computer experience as in none So I dont know where anything or what anything is nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I recently purchased a second 8800 gts 640mb video card to work in sli with my current one. When i connect the card in sli or by itself in the same slot my older card was in and turn on the power then computer will switch on for about a second then switch back off again. If the press the button again the computer wont even switch on at all until i take the card out.I cant understand what is causing this unless the card is faulty. I have a 700 watt power supply which should be sufficient for both cards and more than enough for the newer card by itself so i dont think the power supply is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Have you connected the additional power supply connector to both cards. If the new card won't run by itself, the card is bad... Simple

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-almost-immediately-after-its-turned-on-faulty-video-card.106667/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After installing 7 i've noticed that i need a new video card to run some of the features (like screen savers and DVD maker). Since I didn't expect this and know nothing about video cards i was wondering if someone can point me to a card i can buy to make these work. I use a dell inspiron 1720 laptop

i get this little message in the help section:

"If you plan to buy a new video card, check the packaging to determine if the video card supports DirectX 9 or higher, and uses WDDM drivers."

A:Need new video card, but know nothing about video cards

Quote: Originally Posted by jakejjs

I use a dell inspiron 1720 laptop

If that laptop was originally configured with a PCI-E slot, and not just for integrated graphics, you could upgrade to a 8400M or a 8600M GT.

Otherwise, you may not be able to upgrade your video at all.

Documentation

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/48789-need-new-video-card-but-know-nothing-about-video-cards.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I know my way around a computer pretty well but there s one thing that I still can t figure out how to do And so I m posting this question in hopes that someone might be able to Video Installing Video Cards New With No PC's on help me This involves the practice of installing new video cards Specifically into computers that currently have no video whatsoever My guess is that the quot onboard mobo video quot is no longer working Okay so first I bought a couple of video cards from a guy on Craigslist He swore they both worked but I couldn t get either one to work in computers where the onboard video isn t working I inserted the card into different computers I have here ones with no video output from the mobo and still nothing The light on the monitor just stayed orange the entire time Installing New Video Cards on PC's With No Video even after a couple of reboots And that happened with both cards on Installing New Video Cards on PC's With No Video all computers So I figured maybe the cards were no good So I went to TigerDirect com and bought Brand New Diablotek video cards about each - who knew I plugged the first one into different comptuers where the onboard video isn t working and still nothing the monitor light stays orange the whole time no recognition of a video signal So now I m totally confused What gives I think I read somewhere that you have to first disable the existing mobo video before installing a video card Is that true And if so how can I do that on a computer with no video I can t see anything So that s my long winded post I m Installing New Video Cards on PC's With No Video sure hoping that someone can help me with this most perplexing problem I have a bunch of pc s where the video isn t working and I was really hoping that installing some cheap video cards would get them up and running again Please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Assuming 2 video cards with the same specs: What is the difference between a PCI vid card and an AGP one?

A:Video cards

PCI bus runs 33mhz and is shared
AGP bus at 2x runs 66mhz dedicated.
Bus Freq Sampling Rate Bandwidth data Per ClockCycle) transfer
rate
PCI 33Mhz 1 33Mhz 133MB/s
AGP 1x 66Mhz 1 66Mhz 266MB/s
AGP 2x 66Mhz 2 133Mhz 512MB/s
AGP 4x 66Mhz 4 266Mhz 1GB/s

Much more bandwidth and transfer rate with an agp card. If you have an agp slot use agp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.35176/
Relevancy 47.73%

right now i have my eyes set on

PNY 8400GS PCI-E Graphics Card

It's only $69.99 at frys and the specs look nice.

Any reviews or feedback?

A:Looking at new video cards.... help?

It's way overpriced and it's not a great card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-at-new-video-cards-help.663308/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i have a P4 2ghz running onboard msi video so obvoiusly i
need an update can anyone suggest a great vid card for under AUD$400
i want to use it for gaming and graphics editing

thankz

A:Video Cards

Welcome to TSG,

I would suggest you check out the various Radeon 9600 Cards - they vary according to manufacturer but the decent models give very good performance for your money. Price is from 99 up to 130.

You could start by going here :

http://www.tomshardware.com - And search 'Graphics Cards'.

Many reviews from '97 - up to the present time.

Also read at these sites :

http://www.hardocp.com

http://www.techimo.com

http://www.sharkyextreme.com
Have a good day.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.175389/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am currently in the process of building a new PC. I am a trader so I require at least 4 monitors. I plan on purchasing the Nvidia Quaddro NVS 440 card which supports 4 monitors. The only problem is this card is for business professionals and not for gaming. Would it be ok to have another video card added for gaming? Basically I plan on using 3 monitors on the NVS 440 and 1 on the other video card for gaming. Let me know if this is possible. Thanks.

A:Can I use 2 different video cards?

I've never tried it but my guess is that as long as you go into your device manager and disable one of them it should work...assuming that you have 2 vid card slots on your motherboard that is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-use-2-different-video-cards.780369/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a HPE490UK which currently has a NVIDIA Gforce GT440 Video card. I would like to upgrade this card. Has anyone any siggestions as to suitable cards? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Video-Cards/td-p/5708752
Relevancy 47.73%

I am looking at buying a new computer. If it has integrated video and if I wanted to add a new graphic card what do I have to make sure the computer has to do this??
Thanks
Sharon[/SIZE]

sisterdear said:

I am looking at buying a new computer. If it has integrated video and if I wanted to add a new graphic card what do I have to make sure the computer has to do this??
Thanks
Sharon[/SIZE]Click to expand...

you need to make sure it has an agp 8x slot or a pcie 16x slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.357533/
Relevancy 47.73%

What are the pros and cons of digital vs analog ports on video cards. I'm a non-gamer that uses some graphics programs at times (Photoshop, etc)

Does it matter much whether I use a dvi slotted card or analog or dvi/analog combo card ?

Thanks, TR

A:DVI vs RGB on video cards ?

Digital gives better color range and allows additional features. Use the DVI, HDMI, or Displayport connections, don't use analog if you can avoid it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/83594-dvi-vs-rgb-video-cards.html
Relevancy 47.73%

ok i have a sli mother board but i was wondering if i have 2 video cards is it possible to setup a 4 screen setup instead of doing a sli mode and being stuck with one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-video-cards.573870/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need some help i can't decide which video card to buy their in the same price range $50 and seem similiar but i just can't seem to find anything that would make me purchase one over the other here are the specs of the cards that i know of.

NEW Model!!! ALBATRON GeForce 4 MX440SEN1 (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440SE GPU), 64MB DDR. TV-Out.
Specifications:
Chipset:NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE GPU
Memory:64MB DDR Memory,5.3GB/sec bandwidth
GPU Clock 270MHz
Memory Clock 200MHz
RAMDAC 350MHz
Fill Rate: 1.1 Billion
Triangles/sec 34 Million
2nd-Aopen Geforce4 MX440SE 64MB DDR with TV-Out - Retail Box
Specifications:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440SE
Memory: 64MB 128-bit DDR RAM
AGP 4X w/ Fast Write
Support Dual, Independent Digital Vibrance Engines
Support 34 Million Triangles/sec (T&L) and 1.1 Billion Texels/sec

A:Which of the 2 Video cards is better?

They appear to be the same card.

Memory:64MB DDR Memory,5.3GB/sec bandwidth
GPU Clock 270MHz
Memory Clock 200MHz
RAMDAC 350MHz

Whats the above info for the AOPEN card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-of-the-2-video-cards-is-better.127502/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have heard about the newest thing is to add two (2) video cards to your system to speed it up. Can that be done to any system or only certain set ups with certain video cards?

A:Video Cards?

Boondoggler said:

I have heard about the newest thing is to add two (2) video cards to your system to speed it up. Can that be done to any system or only certain set ups with certain video cards?Click to expand...

you have to have SLI or Crossfire type MB and two identical SLI or Crossfire gfx cards and a honking big PSU to power the puppies, its really rather more gimmick than gusto most high end cards can beat two leeser cards in SLI mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.631732/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am buying a new video card i and i need to know what i should look for in one. I want one that will play all the games that are out now and any future games. I am thinking a 512mb...?
Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

I was wondering if it was possible to use 2 PCI Video cards for duel monitors?
I already have NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 4000 PCI with one VGA output and have a Radeon X1300 256 MB PCI on the way that has a VGA and DVI output. Would it be better to use just the Radeon for Dual monitors or both? I want to use one for gaming and the other for working at the same time. I didnt know since it would share resources on the one card it would slow down my computer? Thank You.

A:Using 2 PCI Video Cards?

Yes, you can use two PCI cards for two monitors. You can even use your two PCI cards for three monitors. You could even order two more PCI cards and have seven monitors!

As for gaming.. What games do you intend to play and how would you switch between the game and the work desktop? Usually you just move the mouse over to the other screen, but that would become very annoying in some games..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-2-pci-video-cards.81235/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have recently installed a Navidia GeForce TI4600 videocard,I see no fifferece from the built in video that came with the Motherboard?Whats the story?

Relevancy 47.73%

my motherboard is a Asus m5A 78L-MLX series, what is the fastest video card can I run.
Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I'm new to the TechSpot Community and i have a question about the ATI video cards:
Is the HD3870 better than the HD4850?
Because I upgraded my PC and the guy that i was buying the stuff from said that he hasnt got any HD4850s in stock and instead gave me a 3870 and said that its better and its more expensive. But he sold it to me for the same price.
They are both ASUS manufacturer.

Is that true?

A:ATI Video Cards

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=547&card2=566

Looking at the comparison, the guy was right, but i don't know why the 3870 is faster then the 4850, unless the 4850 is one of those mid range cards that was release not too long ago. Either way, i will be happy.

One thing tho, the 4850 is newer from what i believe then the 3870, so why did he charge you the same price, how much was the card anyway?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-video-cards.119364/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Everyone,

I am getting a new computer and trying to figure out what video card I want. Can you tell me what would be the best card to buy from the last 3 new series cards from ATI 9600 series, 9700 series 9800 series. Or are there other better cards out there. I am into gaming mostly. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey just thought I would give a heads up on this TigerDirect sale.

I wouldnt suggest this card for anyone running high end or standard games. But for the average bear, it would probably do just fine. I had a 32MB card I used forever.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=Es5Ekr9eEBk-Np_S3TbzmDQrQNQzMxlewA

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
My son purchased a pc game that needs a 16MB video card.
I bought a used one and when I installed it my monitor only gives me 16 colours and a very bad picture. I currently have a 8MB card.
I am running windows ME and have an older monitor. I would like to find a solution because he just spent $80 on a game that he can't use.
Does anybody have a solution.
Thanks, Kyta

Relevancy 47.73%

I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I have a video card in my computer it is a NVIDIA VANTA/VANTA LT
I also have not in the computer, but also VANTA/TNT2M64 video card.
Which is the better card?
And is either one of them equal to or better than a GFORCE 2?
I have a program I want to run, but I must have a gforce to or better card.

Thank you
Tammy

A:video cards

Off those two choices the TNT2M64 is the more powerful adapter. However, it is not comparable to a Geforce2. It is not even comparable to the original Geforce line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.129058/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm browsing graphic cards, but I can't decide which one's the best for the price. I've narrowed it down to 8800GTS 320MB, 8800GT 256/512MB, ATI HD3850 256MB, and the 3870 512MB. What are your opinions?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a diamond viper II Z200 video card for my AGP slot. I recently purchased a geforce 2 mx 200 for a PCI slot. Could I somehow install the geforce and keep the diamond card in at the same so I can play newer games with the geforce and older games with my diamond. - Thank you very much

A:2 video cards

If you have a spare monitor then you could easily do this, if not, it gets a bit tricky because you'd have to swap the monitor cable between the cards or have a special splitter for the monitor(I saw one somewhere, I'll look it up if you want) and you'd have to enable/disable the cards to use one at a time.

There might be another way but I'm unaware of it. Also that cable I mentioned is probably pretty hard to find, especially if I saw it in the catalog I think it was in. The best bet would be to set up another monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-video-cards.3090/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a HP Pavillion a w PC with Windows XP Home Edition SP I have GB of RAM Video Cards newly installed GB per slot GB is all my computer supports I have an GB internal hard drive with GB free space and an external GB hard drive with GB free space I have a GHz AMD Athlon XP Processor I am looking into buying the quot Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Channels PCI Interface Sound Card quot for my PC since i only have the factory installed one now Im not much of a gamer or Video Cards anything Im looking for a video card that works great with video editing programs since that is my main reason for the purchase and for all around great graphics for whatever im doing ex movies games web browsing if your video card affects that as well I would like the best possible quality i can get for a price of around or less Please let me know if i need to supply any more information that would help you with your decision Thank you all very much nbsp

Is the board AGP, or PCIe?

If it's an Athlon, not Athlon64, it'll be AGP and your choices are limited.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.92450/
Relevancy 47.73%

Which video card is better?
Nvidia 5700 ultra
or
Radeon 9600 XT

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm upgrading my system and trying to decide on a video card. I'm looking at MSI's fx5600 vtdr128 or the fx5600 td256. Anybody have any experience with these cards or links to reviews. Thanks for the feedback.
Chris

Relevancy 47.73%

As of now I have a a graphics unit that came embedded in the motherboard. I think its a GeForce 2 MX or something along those lines. Anyway I was wondering if a new card could be beneficial. How could it improve my system? I'm sort of new with computers and have a growing interest in upgrading the video card. If you have any info. or any cards to recommend that are affordable please let me know. Your help is appreciated. thanx

A:How can video cards help?

Most on-board video are of low quality and can go a long way to slowing your machine down. Most notably many of these cards use 'shared memory' which uses your system RAM to power the card and further dimish the speed of your system.

I would say almost any upgrade to an AGP video card would be a big improvement even for basic computing if you have <=256mg ram and an onboard video card.

If your into gaming then you may want to consider upgrading to one of the newer cards but I think almost any upgrade will be a big improvement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-video-cards-help.133324/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, i currently have a 9800 pro in. My card before this one was a ati 8500 with TV/Tuner and all that good stufff..i was curious if it is possibly to use the 9800 pro for games and stuff then just use the 8500's tv tuner options?

A:Using Two Video Cards In PC Possible?

If the 8500 was a PCI card, then yes, you can use both at the same time. However, motherboards only have 1 AGP slot, so if both cards are AGP cards, then you can only use one at a time. Chances are though, the 8500 is AGP, I don't think they made PCI versions of that card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-two-video-cards-in-pc-possible.215319/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am looking at Video cards. I want to know how they work, what the different chipsets do. How and what difference more RAM in the video card does. Stuff like that. Anyway was hoping for a site or something to the sorts as the answer to one question will probably just create another question. I have checked the GeForce site and ATI and have found nothing on how the video card actually works. Any sites that i can get will be appreciated. Thanks.

Google is a great place for finding information. I just typed in "How video cards work". This was the first hit. I'm sure there are many others.

How video cards work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.339162/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is there a way that you can tell you what video card you have. Had to reinstall windows95 and it gives you the cheesy default VGA card. I opened up the machine but it does not have any markings on it, besides numbers. I have the Compaq restore disk but I dont want to do everything over again. Any ideas besides buying a new Video Card that comes with drivers?

Try this works for some
go to the ms-dos prompt in windows
type debug

then type
dc000:35
It may give a few details about your video card. If that doesn't work then type
dc000:50 this works with newer cards

When finished type q to disable debug
then exit to exit the ms-dos prompt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.43589/
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to update my video card from what I have now which is I think only a 4x agp card. I was looking at prices and alot of the 256mb/8x agp cards are more expensive than the 512mb/8x agp cards? Why is this? Is having a
512mb card not better than having a 256mb card? I do play games quite ofter so I want a good card a but I also do not want to break the bank, otherwise I would get a new mobo, processor and go pci-e. Any help on which is better and why the price differences as well as some suggetions wouild be greatfully appreciated. Thanx.

A:Video Cards???

It's not the onboard RAM that you have to look at when choosing a new gpu, it's the core speed. A card with 256 megs of RAM can be quite faster than a card with 512. You have to look at the core speed.
As far as upgrading from a 4X AGP card to an 8X AGP card, you have to ensure that your mobo is compatible with an 8X. Many older mobos are only 4X AGP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.63113/
Relevancy 47.73%

OK, I've got a Dell T5400 with a Geforce 8800-GT video card. It has dual DVI outputs. I do not get any video output (not even bios loadup) from the video card when using DVI but if I plug in a DVI to VGA adaptor it works fine. Not just fine but it works on all VGA monitors including ones with DVI and VGA inputs that DVI was not working on. Additionally I was getting the same results with a similarly speced ATI video card.

I have a friend who has the same setup but a Nvidia 9800-GT and it works fine.

Any ideas ay all? I know the dvi monitors work as I use them on other systems.

A:Dvi vs VGA vs video cards

Oh, OS if it matters is Linux (debian) but I'm not even getting bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-vs-vga-vs-video-cards.1067855/
Relevancy 47.73%

If I install another video card (AGP) in the computer listed below, will it work?

Can a motherboard support two cards, and can it take both a PCI and an AGP card at the same time?

My board is an Abit KD7.

I have a PCI Nvidia card made by pine, with 64 mg of ram.

I am considering adding a PowerColor Radeon 9600 AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card .

Any advise would be apprecitaed.

Thanks,

Nick M Rahl

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm wondering which is the better video card Geforce 6600GT or Geforce 7600GS ? both are 256 mb

A:video cards

Is the 6600GT 256-bit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.62727/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have choices with a budget of about nzd -Chipset NVIDIA GeForce GT Core Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Memory Type MB GDDR Memory Interface bit RAMDAC MHz Bus Type AGP X Driver Support WindowsXP Windows DVI HDTV Resolution up to X i and -radeon Pro MB BIT TV-Out DVI Powered by the AGP X -bit ATI RADEON PRO VPU Mhz core speed Supports MB DDR with -bit memory interface delivers the bandwidth for real time D graphics and barrier free performance Mhz clock speed Supports the latest Microsoft DirectX and OpenGL feature sets video cards... Integrated parallel rendering pipelines and parallel geometry engines for incredibly fast D graphics Integrated Mhz RAMDAC to support display mode up to x M color Hz refresh rate Maximum D resolutions up to x M color SMARTSHADER technology supports the latest Microsoft DirectX feature sets enabling more complex and cinematic-quality lighting effects SMOOTHVISION technology delivers the sharpest clearest textures removes jaggies and brings out fine texture details without sacrificing frame rates i don t really know the differnce between and there both the same price nbsp

A:video cards...

from what i read sounds like 6600 GT awsome card,i have a 9800 pro and it performs well.Should be reviews all over the net.Here is one http://tech-report.com/reviews/2004q3/geforce-6600gt/index.x?pg=25

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.318263/
Relevancy 47.73%

Just wondering..., What does one do with 4 PCI-E SLI Enabled Graphics cards in one PC Is there really a use for a set up like this?

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/MotherBoard/News/News_620.htm

Relevancy 47.73%

I know there are tons of video card questions, but none on the M72e Quad Core i5, win 10.  Not a hard core gamer, just new to Win 10 and looking at dual monitor sometime.   and some basic shoot 'em game. 

A:M72 Video cards

Since there aren't any graphics card threads for the M72, I suggest you take a look at the M92 & M92p graphics card threads.   These systems use the same generation Intel processor, and the BIOS was written during the same time period.   You can reasonably surmise that the whitelist for graphics cards, and good options for them, will be similar. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M72-Video-cards/td-p/3375265
Relevancy 47.73%

Is this video card compatible...........ASUS GeForce 210 DirectX 10.1 EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Low Profile Ready Video Card ?......... with HP Z 400 with the origional 475watt power supply and  pci expressX16 slot #2 on the motherboard?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/video-cards/td-p/5678208
Relevancy 47.73%

HI,I may have a problem with my nvidia GS 7300 CARD
I was watching a show my PC and the screen on that i was using started to flicker,i changed the screen to a tv station and it cleared up,i pulled video card out and left me with on board video which is a nvidia
to,right now i am using on board video and a GATEWAY MONITOR no problems with flickering at all so can i assume that my GS 7300  is toast,thanks

A:VIDEO CARDS

Most likely a thermal event issue with the GPU chip as the AGP card needs to be replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488746/video-cards/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys, I wanna know what everyone thinks is the best budget gamer card out there right now for under $200. The 9800 SE 128mb is only $129 on pricewatch! Lets here everyones oppinions. I haven't been following all the video card trends as of late. Thanks

A:Best video cards for under $200

Since the release of the next-gen cards prices have started to fall - im pretty sure you can pick a 9800 Pro 128Mg up for less than 200USD - have a look around.

Steg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-video-cards-for-under-200.13782/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, All

I'm planing to buy a Video Card and i noticed all brands are the same and same price, except one brand stands out the rest, specially has more GHZ and MHZ. Here they are :

1) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 550MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card

2) ASUS GeForce 8800 GTS 500MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out DirectX 10 Video Card

3) EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS / 640MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / HDCP Enabled / Video Card

4) XFX GeForce 8800GTS XT PCI-E 580MHZ 640MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDCP TV Out DIRECTX10 Video Card

XFX has 580MHZ and 1.8GHZ which is more then the others. Does that make a big difference? or mean anything?

Thank you all

The XFX 8800 GTS is an excellent model and brand. The others are just as good, but the XFX card will run a little faster (and a little hotter). The speed difference is fairly negligible but XFX seems to get a little more out of their cards. Speed is important because it determines how fast it renders images and passes the pixels along the pipeline in order to display the image, depending on the type of processor, RAM, and motherboard you are running it on. Power supply is also an important factor. If going with either one of these cards, two things are VERY IMPORTANT, a power supply of at least 600watts and internal fans to keep the card cool. These cards run extremely hot and without the proper cooling (intake and exhaust), thy'll overheat and fry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.85897/
Relevancy 47.73%

I currently have a nvidia 64 meg ti4200 card but wanted to know if the nvidia 128 meg fx5200 was anybetter. I have heard mixed reviews of the cards but never a comparison/ contrast between the two........what should i do?

there is no real comparison between the two the Ti4200 is a far more powerful card. the FX5200 series is the replacement for the G4MX series not the G4 ti 4200. you have to go to a FX5600 ultra to beat the performance of the Ti4200.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.7021/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey, I was just wondering which card is better...

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro (32m)

or

NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 200 /w Video Out (32m)

Without a doubt
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 200 /w Video Out (32m)

the other card uses a vanta chip, not even in the same category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.75186/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a system from 2006 still running Windows XP. This is not a gaming system, and there is nothing that is graphically intensive.

The video card is a GeForce card with a DVI connection that went out about a month ago, also corrupting the system file in the process. After reinstalling windows, I then hooked the monitor up to the integrated display adapter with a VGA connection. That worked for a couple of weeks, and now that went out as well.

What could be causing this ?

Relevancy 47.73%

looking at buying a ait 9600xt or a 9700pro. I know if i get a 9700pro i will need a new power supply. I will be playing a few games,and in the future using a tv for a monitor. I would like to keep cost under $150, looking on ebay. Both cards going for about the same price.
my system is a emachines t2482
amd 2400xp
768mb ram pc2100
250w power supply
80 gig hd
xp home os.
help me make a decision,I've been looking for 3 weeks,can't decide.

A:looking at video cards

The 9700 is the better card but you can get a 9800 Pro for $150, especially on Ebay. Deffinately replace the power supply. I worked on a new eMachine last weekend. Its PS failed and ruined the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-at-video-cards.22210/
Relevancy 47.73%

Let's say I want to run a 6 monitor system. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to run 3 PCI video cards, like an ATI 7000 based board to have 6 outputs?

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a gateway computer (E4100 with integrated VGA port) and I want to use two monitors then I bought a new AGP 8X video card but only one monitor works, Do you guys have any idea on how to solve this issue?

thanks,
GeorgeT

A:AGP video cards

georgeT said:

I have a gateway computer (E4100 with integrated VGA port) and I want to use two monitors then I bought a new AGP 8X video card but only one monitor works, Do you guys have any idea on how to solve this issue?

thanks,
GeorgeTClick to expand...

Hello sir/madam.

We need more information. You have a Gateway E4100. I am going to presume that you have either WinXP HE or XP Pro installed. If that is the case check the help files for dual monitor support, the BIOS (to make sure there aren't any settings screwing with your efforts). I just did a search in the help files and it turned up some pretty good results. Try searching with "dual monitors."

Hope that helps even if only a little.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-video-cards.218072/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm purchasing a Dell computer soon. It comes with a 256 MB nVidia GeForce 7300LE TurboCache video card. I was just wondering if this is a good enough video card for gaming, like CS, BF2, etc. What's the difference between a 256 and a 512 MB video card? Is it worth the money?

There's also a possibility of upgrading to a 256 MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS for $160. I think that's a bit overpriced, right?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 47.73%

which is better, a NX6600 GT 128MB DDR3 or a NX6600 256MBDDR2?

A:Video cards

The 6600gt is better.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=541&model2=540&chart=196

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.559694/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it possible to put a Nvidea GTX 560 + Nvidea GTX 670 in one pc, and get them work both with one monitor?

Thanks for looking at my problem

Glaser

A:Is it possible to put 2 video-cards in one pc?

Let me ask, just to make sure I understande. You want to somehow use two video cards for one monitor? Why?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233450-possible-put-2-video-cards-one-pc.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I have an HP elite m f My question is I was told that an NVIDIA GTX will not fit because I don t have enough room open PCI slots for the GPU My goals are to be able to play most if not all current video games on for HP New cards video their highest graphics settings for example I can play World of Warcraft with medium settings and still a tad bit of video card lag Right New video cards for HP now I have a GeForce GS does the job but not well and finally got one with a good fan I m not sure what motherboard I have but is there anything like an extension-cable that I could run the GTX externally or something At this point I know I d have to upgrade the power-supply but if I need to do the motherboard in order to run the GTX I d probably go with a new New video cards for HP case as well because it s pretty crammed in this one Here s a pic of my box Any other suggestions are welcome I realize some of my goals may be unreachable with my limited budget Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

http://store.yahoo.com/amamax/gefx57ag212d.html
http://www.imagestore.us/product.as...&dept_id=06-005
http://www.arsenalpc.com/Details.asp?ItemID=3115&Res=2

Alrighty, this is apparently what it comes down to. Which of these is the best? Thank you, it is almost done.

Oh, here's another. I'm guessing it's not as good though.
http://www.pcpartsohio.com/BookDetail.aspx?item_id=382
I'm a gamer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.340307/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have two Video cards. one is a Nvidia Mx440 (PCI) with 64 MG RAM and costs about $55. The other is an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (AGP 8x) w/ 256 Mg DDR RAM, and costs about $155.

If the ATI card costs three times as much, and has four times the RAM, why does the Nvidia card out-perform it?

Relevancy 47.73%

Which video card company is better NVideo OR Radeon

What do you like better, apples or oranges? They are both excellent if you buy the top end. They both stink if you buy the cheap ones. ATI has better driver support at this time. Hope that helps. That is all you will get from me on it. I have run the tops from both chip makers within the last 4 months.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.349046/
Relevancy 47.73%

well my question is uhmm..more General i guess
and it is

how many different types of Video Graohic Cards are there?
and..I mean what isa the difference between them?

I don't know if it is the right place to write these questions, it is just that I hear a lot about them and I was uhm..curious

hope to have an answer

p.s. I tryed to google it but I dindn't find what I was really lookin' for

A:Video Cards?

Well...there are Nvidia and ATI cards..and..um..they display what you see on the screen. And the more powerful they are, the better they are at displaying the image on your monitor, and the better they are at showing you games..basically. The different types of video cards are endless. They come in different sizes and speeds and colors (not that it matters) and brands.

Check out Newegg.com and browse around and you'll see. There's alot more to it than this..but this is very basic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.128333/
Relevancy 47.73%

I just bought a Soltek SL-75FRN-L motherboard. I'm looking for a Video card to go with it. Anyone have any suggestions? It has to be 4x or 8x and I'm leaning towards the Leadtek FX 5600 ultra. I have a Ti4200 card now but this MB won't support 2x. I would appreciate your ideas and input.

Thanks,
Chopperdoc

Relevancy 47.73%

I have question:
I have an ATI All in Wonder PCIE and a ATI AIW NON PCIE Video cards
- my mobo has slots for both
-could I use both of them in this machine?
-I can't think of any harm it could do to try, BUT, if I was so darned experienced I doubt that I would be posting this!

Anybody have any suggestions?

A:Ati video cards

yahoodave, welcome to the forums.

As long as the driver for both are the same, I don't see it being a problem. If they both use a different driver then it probably won't work.

Seen it a lot with Windows 7 and cards from the same manufacturer (newer ATI with older ATI, or newer Nvidia with older Nvidia) where the newer card uses the new WDDM 1.1 driver and the older card doesn't. What happens is the driver from the older card cancels out the driver for the newer one.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/273286-ati-video-cards.html
Relevancy 47.73%

What do you all think about this graphics card vs. the other cards that are in this price point?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130611

I would be using Cinema 4D, VectorWorks and OpenGL, so if there are any cards that taylor to those that would be nice as well.

Thanks,

Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.1009695/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi can some one tell me which video card is better:

The ATI Hd 4550 or the ATI HD 5450

Thanks in advance

The 4550 has better performance overall but it doesn't have DirectX11 support so those games with DirectX11 will suffer from lower performance (as far as I am aware)

Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.1002997/