Windows Support Forum

Solved: Asus P6T vs Asus P6T SE and Triple Channel Support

Q: Solved: Asus P6T vs Asus P6T SE and Triple Channel Support

Does Asus P6T or Asus P6T SE support Triple Channel in Memory (RAM) ?
What's difference between Asus P6T and Asus P6T SE ? Which one you guys suggest ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Asus P6T vs Asus P6T SE and Triple Channel Support

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.03%

Summary I am putting this in the UX51VZ-IS71T: on Asus Asus Question Support? general forum section and please bear with me I had posted earlier a thread about my Asus Ultrabook backlit keyboard Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? not illuminated Thank you all that have responded to that post but nothing worked I ended up sending in my Asus for RMA and warranty repairs Here is where the fun starts I first made my case with Asus and they informed me that my Serial Number was invalid I told them that it is wrong as I bought the Laptop from MemoryLabs com which is a Certified Asus Re-seller It even posts their name on Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? their website in quot Where to Buy Asus quot Please do not take this as racist or anything derogative but the Asus support staff are all located in India and there is no way to talk to a person in America The repair facility is also contracted out to a company called BizCom in Milpitas California Now the men and women who work at the support center in India do their best but to my understanding they are a separate company working to just take calls Same with the BizCom company which they are great but again contracted so there is nobody who works for Asus or knows Asus's RMA system My laptop has been sitting at the repair center with no updates from Asus When I contact the support center directly they said the Serial Number was Invalid and that they had to talk to Asus about the warranty service I though Asus already fixed this when I sent them my Invoice of the Laptop and that it was a certified Reseller My Question Has anyone ever had this experience with Asus before Is there a number to talk to someone in America What would you do in this situation as this is my first RMA service and unaware of what is normal

A:Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support?

I had correspondence with ASUS via e-mail. It was a while ago now, I think it was a link on their web site. It was a waist of time really. I wasn't impressed. Replies took forever and the answers seemed to be scripted responses. I eventually just gave up asking any more questions. My issue was with creating recovery media. At that time there was no way of creating a recovery disk set in Windows 8.0. The utility I was referred to only worked in Windows 7. It became a non issue when I put an SSD in my laptop and did a clean install of 8.0.

Most of those contracted out call centers go by a flow chart. Ask this question, if the answer is yes, take this branch, if its no, take this other branch. The person asking you the questions may have no technical background at all. As soon as you say I don't know, your basically screwed. Assuming you can actually understand what they are saying. I'm not racist, but I don't think its unreasonable to be able to talk to somebody that is fluent in my native language. It seems to be the luck of the draw sometimes. I've had some that I could understand easily, and some that were almost impossible to understand.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58716-asus-ux51vz-is71t-question-asus-support.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Solved: No motherboard channel/asus left on sound Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I built this computer recently and I just hooked up a speaker system to it and I am getting no sound out of the left side I hooked up different sound systems and got the same results on both sets of speakers I have ran the Windows audio test and the onboard Realtek HD Audio Manager audio test and no sound is coming out of the left channel All drivers are updated and I guess you could say I m stuck Any suggestions would be a big help Music Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard sounds pretty bad coming out of only side Thanks for taking the time to help nbsp

A:Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard

Front panel, back panel, or both? If both, I'd suspect a hardware fault. If the motherboard is new, contact the seller or manufacturer and get an RMA to have it replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-on-left-channel-asus-motherboard.1090559/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

A:Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATI®RADEON XPRESS 200
ULI®M1573
I would research this board further.

The Intel® Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 86%

Tech Z87 support on Solved: USB Partial Asus Pro Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Z -PRO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Yesterday evening I noticed that my keyboard and mouse wouldn t start after coming out of sleep mode Inevitably I had to manually switch off the box Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro However on restart they still didn t work I unplugged and re-plugged my devices and found that a bank of USB ports on the top left rear panel were not operating whereas all the Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro other USB ports lower down were o k There are also two USB ports on the top of the case These are working fine I have re-loaded the drivers but still no luck There is some power reaching these four errant USB s as when I plug in the X-Box controller green led blinks but then disappears The Windows device manager doesn t show any hazard warnings against any of the USB ports I went into the BIOS and checked the USB settings It was set as partially operational so I changed this setting to fully operational Still no luck I have run out of ideas and would appreciate anyone s input into solving this conundrum Thanks in advance JJ nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi there I recently bought an ASUS laptop model F LA and it came with windows I formated the hard drive and installed a clean copy of windows only to discover that on ASUS s website they offer absolutely no to support offers no From for Win8 win7, wireless? Solved: asus support or drivers for this particular model just manuals and licenses oh and i think some bios updates too Somehow I found some drivers here and there but some of my devices are Solved: From Win8 to win7, asus offers no support for wireless? still not recognized on device manager and when I try to update the drivers from there it says windows could not Solved: From Win8 to win7, asus offers no support for wireless? find driver software for your device the devices I still have Solved: From Win8 to win7, asus offers no support for wireless? problems with are intel r series xhci hc - c intel r atom tm celeron pentium processor intel DPTF thermal framework device - network controller probably my wireless as it doesn t work also my biggest problem pci data acquisition and signal processing controller Unknown device usb -crw No CD containing drivers came with the laptop im getting desperate Any ideas Also can someone move this to software i think i posted it on hardware by mistake nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I have an Asus A N X-E Deluxe motherboard with an AMD XP Barton CPU The mobo uses the nVidia nForce SPP chip set The mobo has three memory slots I have a pair of Corsair Value Select Dual Channel sticks in the blue slots and the system works fine I purchased a single stick of Corsair VS k to put in the third slot When I do the system becomes unstable I ran a series of tests using MemTest to isolate the problem All the sticks test fine when installed A7N8X-E Channel Dual plus one Asus solo The Asus A7N8X-E Dual Channel plus one Dual Channel sticks are fine when they are the only ones installed But when I add the third stick errors and lots of them I tried all sort of variations in slot placement and combinations of sticks No luck I researched the problem and came across a couple threads that indicates the nVidia chipset prefers the third stick to be the sum of the dual channel sticks In other words I could install a GB stick in the third DDR slot and my system might be happy Before I purchase a GB stick I wanted to see if anyone else has any experience with this situation Another issue Corsair only list a C GB stick on their web site The Dual Channel memory I currently use does not have the C on the part numbers I can t find a Asus A7N8X-E Dual Channel plus one non C GB Asus A7N8X-E Dual Channel plus one stick anywhere online Will the C stick work with my current memory My memory settings are - - - Voltage is Mobo BIOS is the latest nVidia chipset and graphics drivers are all the latest I create motion graphics and I need all the memory I can muster for previews and rendering So anyway to squeeze more memory from this mobo would be a boon Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Asus A7N8X-E Dual Channel plus one

Single Channel

When you put both of your memories in the blue slots, you effectively turned the system into single channel mode. To enable dual channel, you must place one stick on the blue slot and one in the black one.

Try this solution: Pull out one of the existing 512 MB stick from the blue slot and put it in the black slot. And put the new stick in the blue slot. I have the exact same processor and mobo as you, but I only have two 512 MB sticks so far. And one of them is in the blue slot, the other one is in the black. My BIOS reports dual channel memory!

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-e-dual-channel-plus-one.23078/
Relevancy 81.27%

http://usa.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7v333/overview.htm

This is my new motherboard, which I'm installing on the 25th...at the moment I have a crappy SoundBlaster 128 (stereo) sound card.

Should I stick with that, or should I use the onboard sound [is it dolby 5.1? ]? If so, what speakers should I get? (under £70 please)

Is it worth using the onboard sound or should I save for an Audigy 2?

BTW - will one reduce system performance more than the other?

Thanks.

A:On Board 6 channel sound - Asus A7V333

Well, I just got the A7V8X, and are using the onboard sound...

I found that I can't really tell much of a difference between it, and my old SB Live!...

And all my old problems with Creative cards and Via chipsets are gone
No longer cracking in sound when copying files, no more slow file copying, no more system crashes...

So in short, use it instead of your 128... I'm not quite sure when it comes to Audigy... The Q is, how good are your speakers? If they are of a premium quality, you might get a bit better sound with the Audigy, but if you're just using a set of OK speakers...

.02$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-6-channel-sound-asus-a7v333.3581/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys,

For some reason when I get thru my post when its counting my memory it says i have it set at 200 Mhz Single Channel, yet I have 2 x 512 pc3200 DDR400 Coursair Matched Pair in the slots. Anyone know how or why its telling me i have it in single channel mode and how i can get it in dual ?

The way the board is set up i have the

CPU Mem1, Mem2, Mem3

And have the sticks in Mem1 and Mem2

If you want a bigger picture click and follow the link and then click on the picture to enlarge it
A7N8X Deluxe
Any ideas id be very excited to hear

Thanks in advance

A:Dual Channel on an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe

mem1 and mem3

leave the middle one empty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-channel-on-an-asus-a7n8x-deluxe.248337/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all this is my first post Sorry that it's a request for assistance I have a problem with my self build HTPC In Volume Asus & STX Essence only control on left Xonar channel win7 - a nutshell since Volume control on left channel only - Asus Xonar Essence STX & win7 yesterday when I adjust the volume in a media player winamp or Jriver only the left channel changes in volume the right channel remains at Both channels were working OK volume worked on L and R however last night all of a sudden the right channel stopped altering I have changed nothing all cables and connections are sound I've check everything I Volume control on left channel only - Asus Xonar Essence STX & win7 can think of within the software and searched on the web for similar problems and can't find a solution This is a screen capture of my windows audio controls When I adjust the Jriver volume control both speakers change volume together yet when I change them in the program only the left channel alters When I change the quot Speaker quot control only the left channel changes Any ideas what I need to so to sort this It's a critical function as it's a HTPC primarily used for music and video playback Thank you very much Edit to add Using a different sound card solves the problem so it's definitely Xonar STX related

A:Volume control on left channel only - Asus Xonar Essence STX & win7

Reseat the Xonar sound card (with the PC powered off, unplug the card then plug back in). This may fix it. If not, reinstall the drivers for the sound card as a next step.

If it still does not work properly, I would suspect a hardware problem in the card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/304988-volume-control-left-channel-only-asus-xonar-essence-stx-win7.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all,

I was looking at this set of RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-315&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

This is on a shell shocker deal and is currently cheaper than buying a set of the same ram in a 12GB set. I was wondering if I bought this set would I be able to use it in my motherboard which supports triple channel? Say, could I remove one stick and use the other 3?

Thank you!

A:Quad channel RAM in triple channel mobo?

The short answer is yes. There is no such thing as quad channel ram, or triple or double for that matter. Ram is ram and you run it in single, dual,triple mode that is determined by the memory controller and the motherboard architecture. ram kits are bundled as "dual channel, or "triple channel" meaning that they are ostensibly tested and certified to work together in tandem. usually it means that they were manufactured in the same lot and taken from the line in succession. You can use a portion of a triple channel kit for your dual channel setup, or parts of two dual channel if you like. The only caveat to this is tat the 4 GB modules seem to get a little more finicky than do the 2 GB mods. In all likelihood they will work just fine. But you might want to consider shelling out the extra for a certified set.
hope that helped.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quad-channel-ram-in-triple-channel-mobo.164127/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello forum first time here. I have a rather important question.

I currently have Corsair Vengeance memory in my PC

This memory is Triple Channel

I also have 8GB of GsKill dual channel memory. Since i have 1 extra slot left on my Mobo i was gonna use 1 of my old GsKill sticks to give my PC 14GB of ram. There identical except brand and dual / triple channel. Does Dual / Triple channel prevent these from working together?

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Corsair Memory Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233146&Tpk=CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9
G.SKILL Memory Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231193&Tpk=F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Folks,

I understand there's a forum, run by Asus, where you can ask questions directly to the developers. This is NOT the usual user's forum.

Anybody know anything about that?

Regards,

Henipatra

A:Asus Technical Support

I guess no one knows about such a site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-technical-support.132281/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just installed Win10 on a 2nd partition (dual boot) from an ISO, but without the Asus mobo drivers CD (yet). The Asus site says this:

"The following motherboards offer Windows 10 driver for OS upgrade and compatible installation" and my Z87M-Plus mobo is listed.

but nothing to click on to download anything. Anyone know what this means? Does it mean old disc will work or MS provided full support on initial install? Every thing seems to work so far but fonts are a bit small, so I expect the screen res is not what I had earlier with the Win10 eval install.

Does anyone have any feedback on how well it installs preserving all orig apps? Will it work if most of my apps are actually on a separate drive? Did that to save space on the SSD where "C" sits.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-z87m-plus-support.1152764/
Relevancy 76.11%

I finally recieved my new asus a n-sli premium board along with a bfg tech gt and some other goodies and got it all set up To my dismay the system would not boot This is the second board i have tried to set up with my new system that would power up but would not post or show any video I thought it was strange to receive dead boards so i decided to call AMD and see about the processor also new purchased with first board Turns out my San Diego is revision E the other possibility is E and the a n-sli premium did not support revision E - explaining what I thought was a dead board so i returned the board to get the a n-sli deluxe which should be here tomorrow the deluxe version does support asus CPU support deluxe a8n-sli the E revision since BIOS or later so my question is - if i were to get this new deluxe board and it has an older bios or would it be able to boot so that i could flash it or would i have to send the board to asus to be flashed i plan on contacting asus support if it the board doesnt boot but i was wondering if anyone here knows what will happen or if they have had actual experience with this situation i am very anxious to find out and didn t want to wait for asus support so thank you in advance if anybody knows what s up giddy http support asus com cpusupport cpusupport aspx SLanguage en-us thats the cpu support page that AMD pointed me to the required for my processor is a few versions old so i hope that the board ships with at least that version and it wont be a problem at all nbsp

A:asus a8n-sli deluxe CPU support

I would bet that your board ships with at least 1011 (1008 minimum) as 1011 is the first BIOS to support X2. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but I think you're just going to have to play wait and see. Please let us know what happens will you? TIA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-cpu-support.38204/
Relevancy 76.11%

hi...

My amd processor x2 5200 i got some problem so i gave to amd for RMA they replaced new Amd processor. Thing is they gave AMD Athlon X2 250. But my mother board Asus M2N-MX PLUs
I just connected tested... no display @ monitor.

Does my mother board will support AMD Athlon X2 250. ???????

Thanks...

A:Asus m2n SE Plus support AMD Athlon X2 250?

The AMD Athlon II X2 250 is not supported by your motherboard according to Asus' website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-se-plus-support-amd-athlon-x2-250.163721/
Relevancy 76.11%

does anyone know if there is any official windows 7 support for the asus a8n-sli premium motherboard?

i have looked on the asus support website and it doesn't list windows 7 as one of the available operating systems do download drivers for.

A:support for asus a8n-sli premium?

Welcome to seven foruma Matt26: As of now you can use the Vista drivers in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode It's a Nforce 4 board, Which Nvidia hasn't provided windows seven drivers for yet and may not ever Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46696-support-asus-a8n-sli-premium.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi - I just need to know if the ASUS PSB board supports Celeron processors, cuz the one I put in instead of the PentII is not doing anything. I went to the site but I don't have an ID, and I can't be bothered right now. Thanx

A:ASUS PSB support Celeron CPU?

Are you sure that is the correct motherboard, I can't find any listed at asus, except for some notes to notebooks. And if it is a notebook which model. The one I looked at would support Celeron®, 128KB On-die cache* 450/ 500/ 550/ 600/ 650MHz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-psb-support-celeron-cpu.42680/
Relevancy 76.11%

Are there two versions of this mother board? Everytime i look for specs of this thing, i see a max of an AMD 2100 and an FSB of 266... but i always find this picture accompanying it... That is NOT my mobo... what's the deal?
I want to upgrade to an AMD 2500 and pop on a coolermaster aero 7... and overclock those babies... just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this situation... tell me stuff i need to know.
Thanks a bunch, to everyone that replies...

A:ASUS A7V333 support...

Maybe this is what you are looking for ...

Asus A7V333-X

or this ...

Asus A7V333

There does appear to be two versions, just as you say, though the model numbers are slightly different (A7V333 vs A7V333-X).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v333-support.5940/
Relevancy 76.11%

They were pretty good a year or so ago. Now they don't even respond to support issues whether from the forum or from their webform.

A:What has happened to Asus support?

Maybe you were lucky last year. I used Asus boards for several years and never had a good experience with support generally. Mostly due to flaky web sites rather than outright non-response to a submitted issue, but it was enough to make me give up on Asus.

I don't think any of the motherboard manufacturers will win any support awards. You just have to hope you can avoid their customer support entirely.

I bought a Gigabayte a couple of months ago and actually got a response to a question within 48 hours---more than I expected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155106-what-has-happened-asus-support.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I was looking at MB's and I looked at what kind of ram it takes it says it takes DDR3 with dual channel and i looked at some DDR3 triple channel will it still work?

A:triple channel ram with dual channel MB

Yes. I take it you mean triple channel memory kits. If so, you would use just 2 out of the 3 sticks. However, dual channel DDR3 kits are available.

Which motherboards were you looking at?

Welcome to Corsair :: Corsair DDR3 Memory Solutions

Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR3 -

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodule/DDR3/list.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/124091-triple-channel-ram-dual-channel-mb.html
Relevancy 75.68%

someone suggested I change my i7 spec from s 1366 2.66Ghz i7 and 6Gb 1333mhz Triple Channel memory to 1156 2.8Ghz i7 and 4Gb 1600Mhz Dual Channel Memory ...

im wondering what kind of an performance impact will moving from Triple channel board and memory to dual-channel board and memory have - will this impact performance much?

thanks

A:i7 - Triple Channel VS. Dual Channel

Well it seems that you are upping the CPU from 2.66 to 2.8 this would probably balence out the tripple down to dual channel performance loss if not beat it. But then you are going from 6gb to only 4gb of RAM so that would probably lower performance on some really demanding programs or some seriously intense multi-tasking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i7-triple-channel-vs-dual-channel.890790/
Relevancy 75.25%

I need Suport CD for this Mainboard M2n32 deluxe. There is one software Soft AP for Access Point i cannot find on Internet.
Have somebody something like that?
Thx
Ossi

A:Support CD for Asus M2n32 deluxe

Hi osmania,
I guess this is an Asus motherboard? Here is the link to the software/drivers for Asus M2n32 SLI deluxe mainboard.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/111848-support-cd-asus-m2n32-deluxe.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hey guys,
does anyone know if this ASUS CRW-5232AS drive can burn 900 mb cds? i check out some reviews and none mentioned it could so i think im out of luck. also, if it doesnt is there any way to like change firmware or something so that it could? thanks

A:ASUS CRW-5232AS support 900mb cds?

I think it's more on if your burning support can support it. I think it's called overburn on Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-crw-5232as-support-900mb-cds.353958/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys,

Do you know if the latest BIOS update will allow my motherboard support DDR3-type memory cards?

A:asus m2n68-am se2 memory support

NO.

DDR2 SDRAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150466-asus-m2n68-am-se2-memory-support.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I have a headset that seems to malfunction due to not beeing connected to a USB slot I have USB on Asus Support (USB) 2.0 IV Formula do How activate I checked my Device Manager and these are my USB Slots apparently I googled quot Standard OpenHCD USB-Host Controller quot and it seems that it is displayed (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV so by Windows itself to guarentee backwards compatability to USB and quot tranforms quot itself into an Advanced USB port once a USB device is plugged in For me however it does not do that My motherboard Asus Formula IV provides (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV drivers for the USB Ports only I assume the USB Drivers are part of the Motherboard Chipset The manufacturers website (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV however only provides me with a link to quot AMD Chipset Driver V for Windows XP bit amp Vista bit amp Windows bit WHQL quot from I installed that am not sure however if it's outdated AidaReport Paste org - Viewing Paste GNDhcFJA DxDiag Paste org - Viewing Paste ACBv JDf How should I procede Thanks in advance for any help

A:(USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV

Hi koga99, welcome to the Forum.

You seem to be blaming the computer for your headset malfunction, whereas the problem is more likely to be with the headset.

What is the make of the headset & does the headset have it's own software?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388358-usb-how-do-i-activate-usb-2-0-support-asus-formula-iv.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Does anyone know if (or where I can find information about) DVI-A support on the ASUS Radeon HD 7850. I've had this graphics card installed in my PC for a few years now. It's been great, but it lacks a VGA port, which I now need for a project. If I'm able to use a DVI-A to VGA adapter that would be ideal, but I've not been able to find any information that may indicate whether my graphics card supports DVI-A.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-a-support-on-asus-radeon-hd-7850.1159155/
Relevancy 75.25%

hi, i was wondering with my current specs if my laptop can handle either a CPU overclock or a CPU change/upgrade of some sort. ive run a bunch of tests on games, turns out that my CPU is what's lacking in awesomeness, but the rest is fine, so i figured maybe instead of buying another laptop and wasting hundreds of dollars perhaps i can make this one better.
idk if specs are posted below my post so il just post it here anyways

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3583 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461939 MB, Free - 403768 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K50ID , 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-support-required.950614/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have an ASUS maximus VII here that I have been very happy with so far. By far one of my favorite boards to date. I am running dual GTX 780s on it and am looking to expand to 3gtx 780s..... It LOOKS like there is about a spare 6mm of clearance left over id I were to install a 3d card, but before I go drop another $450 I am hoping someone can tell me if the board will actually support 3way SLI. I cant think of why it wouldn't, but $450 is not a small amount to be doing an experiment.

I appreciate the support!

A:Can an ASUS Maximus VII support 3 graphics cards?

I just did some research and see that it chokes up on the last one being PCIe2.0-8x I may buy a rampage in the future and use this one in my server farm.... We will see. Still looking for opinions. I think the obvious answer is the transfer rate is not worth it but if someone wants to tell me I'm wrong, I'm all ears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/365239-can-asus-maximus-vii-support-3-graphics-cards.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have Dell venue 8 pro. I have seen in forums that it will support Miracast. Whether all windows 8.1 machines/or machines with windows 8 upgraded to windows 8.1 will support miracast? Or is it machine specific?
If so how to find out whether ASUS S400CA with windows 8.1 will support miracast?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37497-asus-s400ca-windows-8-1-will-support-miracast-not.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Does this motherboard act like a wireless router? Can I use it in place of one or does it only connect to a router? I have a MacBook Pro which "sees" the PC in Access Point mode but won't connect to the internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-p5e3-deluxe-wifi-ap-n-support-309714.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I just ordered a 3TB HD. I was under the impression the install would be normal plug and play. However, something prompted me to google the drive and people had issues with their system identifying the larger sized drive.

Iirc, Brink had my mobo (P6X58D-E). I am still running the second oldest bios. Asus download website is a mess and I can no longer find any info on bios updates. But that's ok, I guess since I tried flashing a few times before and all my settings were changed and I did not know what the new setting did since they were not present in the previous version.

So my question is if I can install Windows 7 onto my newer Toshiba HD: Newegg.ca - TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit?

A:Asus motherboards: P6X58D-E does it support UEFI

Quote:
Asus motherboards: P6X58D-E does it support UEFI

Looking at the specs
Motherboards - P6X58D-E
not UEFI.

You can still use all of 3tb, when the drive is set to GPT as a DATA drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313732-asus-motherboards-p6x58d-e-does-support-uefi.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I don t pretend to know much about CPUs doesn't M3A78 asus support II 965? Phenom Why x4 mb or motherboards so thought I d ask you guys I currently have a Asus M A Motherboard and didn t want to have to upgrade it for a new processor So i found out that the Phenom II X s are AM backwards compatible and began my search for the processor I wanted After reading about the AMD Phenom II X Black Edition I decided it was the processor I wanted with the right price tag for me but to my dismay despite the M Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? A page saying it Supports nm Phenom II X Processors Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? the does not appear on the cpu supported list on the asus webpage I called but wasn t given any real reason i think the guy just read what I had and saw it missing from the support list TL DR So I was wondering Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? just why the Phenom II x BE isn t supported by the Asus M A motherboard Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965?

I took a quick look at the CPU list on the web and the Phenom II X4 965 seems to be supported. Nope I was wrong. It's not supported. I looked up the ASUS M3A78 EM which does support that CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-asus-m3a78-mb-support-phenom-ii-x4-965.175272/
Relevancy 74.39%

I was looking up mobos and found this one on Newegg: here. I want to make sure that it supports the Core 2 processors before I buy it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-asus-p5ld2-support-a-core-2-duo-chip.73574/
Relevancy 74.39%

How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???
I need to know ASAP!!!

Thanks

Relevancy 74.39%

Does anyone have any experience dealing with ASUS customer support? I've got a P8P67 LE that won't post (it's also got the faulty 3GB SATA Intel bug and is eligible for the recall.)

Problem is, I can't get ahold of ASUS at all. I've filled out their online form for the recall using the mobo serial number, but when I try to look up the status on their status page it tells me my serial number/email is invalid. I can't register again because i'm already in the system. So I filled out a customer service request 10 days ago and haven't heard back. When I call I've been transferred around, disconnected and left messages that haven't been returned.

Anyone have any advice on how to get ahold of them? I've got a dead board, eligible for recall, and it's still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-contacting-asus-customer-support.167984/
Relevancy 73.53%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Guys I'm Aking if someone knows how to install the Asus' MB support software, (like Ai suite, Turbo V, etc...) i need it for OC etc... they desn't want to install in Win 8, I tried with compatibility options, but it says that mb isn't supported...
Some ideas?
Thanks in advance

A:How to install Asus AI Suite, Turbo V, and other MB support software..

Does your motherboard support it? You haven't filled in your system specs so its hard to give any advice on something like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7187-how-install-asus-ai-suite-turbo-v-other-mb-support-software.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus P6X58D Premium

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli? Does Asus Premium does the same?

thank you for your answers, would help me alot

Explain in detail if you can please..

A:Motherboard Gigabyte or Asus? Which one fully support usb 3.0 and crossfire?

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli?Click to expand...

That does not seem very probable. What's the source of this information?

Both ASUS and Gigabyte are great brands. Just get the board that comes in cheaper as long as they have the same feature set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-gigabyte-or-asus-which-one-fully-support-usb-3-0-and-crossfire.142775/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi again

Can this mb support this ram?:

1024MB Stick, 6-Layer PCB, CAS 3.0, 128x4 Configuration (High Density), 184 Pin, DDR Memory

I went to the website but I didn't see anything that mentions if the ram can be high density...and the site doesn't really give extensive ram specifications anyway just a list of ram sticks that only reach up to 512mb that are compatible (didn't see information on if it should be CAS 2.5 or 3.0 or what either), but im sure I can have a 1024 mb stick as my board supports up to 3GB of RAM. I just want to know if the specific RAM mentioned above will work on my motherboard because I've read that this motherboard can be touchy when it comes to RAM...

A:Can an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard support 1 gig of high density RAM?

Your m/b can support this RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266 Max 3GB. :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-motherboard-support-1-gig-of-high-density-ram.22958/
Relevancy 73.53%

CPU AMD Athlon X Motherboard ASUS A N -SLI DELUXE Memeory SAMSUNG PC GB GB x DDR GPU ASUS EN GS SILENT Silent ASUS A8NSLI-32 Trouble + ASUS Deluxe En7600GS PCI Express MB DDR PSU W SILENT KING- SUPER SILENT SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY HDD GB SATA II Status After installing Windows XP SP and the ASUS motherboard installation CD the system won t take the ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble drivers for the GPU System boots to the Windows XP loading screen and remains there The little green bar just keeps moving like it s loading Windows but it loops forever Again this started happening right after installing the nVidia drivers from the graphics card installation disc If I power down manually and then power back up again I can go into quot the last known good quot but every time I try to load drivers again the system starts doing this The latest drivers from nVidia cause ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble the same issue I m starting to think this is a driver conflict with the ASUS motherboard chipset or the motherboard RAID drivers Has ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble anyone else had a problem like this nbsp

A:ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble

Followup: I was able to fix it and thought I'd post this info since it might help others who might have the same problem. After reading through dozens of pages here and in the ASUS forums, I discovered that one of my default BIOS setting mysteriously ended up in a non-default state. For some reason, the RAID option for Silicon Image was set to RAID. That's fine for those how actually want to setup RAID but I didn't plan to use RAID at the time. After making the change to the BIOS, I had to install Windows XP again to get everything registered correctly. Once Windows was up and running, I avoided the motherboard chipset install CD all together by using only the newest versions of all the motherboard drivers directly from the ASUS website. Problem solved!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8nsli-32-deluxe-asus-en7600gs-silent-trouble.52321/
Relevancy 73.53%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 73.53%

Tried to get HP support to give some similar board model from ASUS own models so I could get the correct Asus AI Suite to control fans read system info The similar Asus model they gave didn t even have the same chipset I m not sure if that truly matters as far as their AI Suite working correctly Just need a reliable program to adjust case fan speeds a bit / similar model HP with Asus reference Cross mobo Asus Simpler is better Does anyone know Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model how I can cross the HP Asus board w some similar model on Asus site to get the correct version of AI Suite If no to suggestions on reliable prgms that will allow controlling fan speeds Fairly sure this mobo has the ability to adjust fans st tried SpeedFan - no options to adjust any fans reports them but MSI Afterburner had no trouble adjusting GPU fan None of several socket boards I looked at on Asus site had G chipset The info HP has for this mobo Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model is Manufacturer s motherboard name Asus IPIBL-TX HP Compaq name Burbank-GL E Form Factor Micro-ATX cm inches x cm inches Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model Chipset Intel G Front-side bus speed MHz processor dependent Processor upgrade information Socket type Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-reference-hp-asus-mobo-with-similar-asus-model.167486/
Relevancy 73.53%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I have in my possession an Asus X CA laptop which was running Windows before it failed to boot The machine cycled through the automatic repair failed and then using Unable recovery X550CA DVDs Asus restore Asus to did nothing The advanced bootup options were useless including chkdsk sfc and the usual suspects The recovery partition was apparently missing atleast I couldn't use it but doing a diskpart confirmed it was there so I suspect the upgrade broke the link to it I tried the quot refresh your PC quot Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs option but this told me the drive was locked and disabling secure boot via the BIOS did nothing thought it would at first In addition the reset your PC option wanted recovery media which I didn't Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs have at the time I ordered the official Asus recovery DVDs as the laptop did not have media created when it was new hit F and went to the quot reset your PC' option but it told me the recovery media wasn't valid Odd given it's official Asus media from Mentor Media for that specific machine From the legacy BIOS I booted from the DVD it loaded the Asus specific Windows recovery options from the disk and I get as far as quot Start rebuild Windows system process quot with quot processing quot underneath and the machine does no more I've also tried UEFI booting from the DVD drive and get the same as above Any suggestions welcome please Regards

A:Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs

Is the ASUS recovery media Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It may be because the recovery disks are 8.0 and it's a conflict because your now running 8.1. The 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade does break the factory recover feature on some laptops. ASUS for sure I think. I have a K75DE, that shipped with Windows 8.0. I clean installed with Windows 8.1 from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help. It reads and uses my 8.0 OEM embedded code and activates online automatically. no muss no fuss. That tool will create a bootable USB thumb drive that will work with UEFI for you. If you need any more info just ask and i'll see if I can help. I don't know why your getting the "Start rebuild Windows system process" message and the lock up? It may be because the partition structure has changed on the Drive. I created a Recovery drive, then swapped in an SSD and it would not work on the SSD. It kept saying required partition missing. That's why I bailed and did a clean install. I was leaning in that direction anyway.

EDIT: If I don't get back to you tonight don't panic. I have company coming and may not get back online until tomorrow morning. Have to go now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68626-unable-restore-asus-x550ca-using-asus-recovery-dvds.html
Relevancy 73.53%

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Originally Posted by Isoldmyname

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi.
Not sure I understand how you could perform a factory reset if you don't have the recovery partition available. You should have gotten an error that the ASUS Recovery Partition could not be found.

You would need to get to a working computer and download either the Media Creation Tool for W10, or the current ISO from MSTechBench. You can use RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive, and then install W10 that way.

You might also want to check the health of your hard drive, to make sure it's not failing.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40974-my-asus-g74sx-doesnt-boot-past-asus-logo.html
Relevancy 73.53%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all i am scratching my head at what mobo to get i was serioulsy going towards the maximus formula cause it has cpu level up for overclocking but it has pcie 2.0 and i have an 8800 gtx will it be compatible? with 2.0 bus . if you guys could maybe give me the pros and cons of each board i could make up my mind cheers

A:Asus striker extreme or Asus maximus formula?

that is a new board and the 2.0 bus is what the new video cards are going to be coming out at and this board will work work with u're card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-or-asus-maximus-formula.94396/
Relevancy 72.67%

Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

sorry i also posted this in the audio section but maybe this is a better place to post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

A:Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

same problem with a7n8x deluxe

hello karmstrong, i just got my spdif out module today (optical & co-ax) and have the same problem with my a7n8x deluxe. 5 pin socket on the board, three on the module. i suppose we need a different module? if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be very much obliged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20948/
Relevancy 72.67%

I do see that you have had a similar problem already on this forum but it didn't fix mine (I probably wasn't doing something right).
My Laptop wont start up it goes to the Windows Recovery error page where you have to choose either Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Windows normally. Both of these options lead you to the same result to the Asus Preload Wizard page.
I tried pressing F8 and F9 but didn't get anything.
Appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55v-stuck-in-asus-preload-wizard.1137335/
Relevancy 72.67%

So I recently just replaced my Asus P X -E WS with another Asus P X -E WS from Amazon I always remember hearing to Drivers Asus MB. website? No P6X58-E Win8 WS NEW!! on Asus ignore the drivers disk on CD that comes with product and go straight to web-sight and gather latest I ALWAYS keep CD for just in case moments When I was running Win last year on old MB this was never a issue and downloaded NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website? drivers from Asus web site but when I recently went to the Asus drivers download site there are no options for win Screen Shot Below Here Is my problem After Installing new MB and testing OS operations with only my SSD pluged in OS win is on SSD everything was working great this also confirmed a few of my last MB memory slots were fried because I had GB of memory installed but BIOS amp OS was telling me I had only GB Im back GB now I also had QTY TB-HDD I was using with previous MB No raid configurations I record music and many project files can get very big so each HDD was dedicated to different quot IMPORTANT quot things Well after confirming OS win was in working order I powered down and plugged in all HDD then powered back up I wish I would have done this one HDD at a time now only are being recognized I keep getting the message quot you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it quot Now from what I've gathered from a Google search this is what you would do to format a NEW hard drive Correct I then was reading its as simple as downloading latest drivers But they were on the subject of USB This is a direct SATA plugin what I'm dealing with So far the best jedi computer minds who have given me success helping me fix my problems live amp converse here I beg for anyone's wisdom on this issue and show me the error of my ways I will gladly publicly write a post explaining how superior amp knowledgeable you are and how truly grateful I am you helped me LOL Hell Ill even donate to you Seriously I will However I am ready to except any bad news or worst case scenario's Remember this MB is only days old from Amazon I can quickly return this sucker if I need to quot

A:NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website?

From what I found on the Asus site....
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6X58-E WS
They are only providing drivers up to Windows 7 64 Bit. You can go to the file manager and click one time on the primary HDD and then click computer tab and from there click on manage. From there you click device manager and you will get a list of your hardware. You can right click on each one and click update driver and the system will try to find the updated driver for you. If anything you now have your hardware name and can try to get the updated driver through the actual company who builds the drivers.

It also does sound like you may need to format the HDD's. Do the same thing but instead of clicking on device manager you will click on disk management and you can right click on each drive and select to format. Just make sure to not format the primary partition if that is even possible.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41500-new-asus-p6x58-e-ws-mb-no-win8-drivers-asus-website.html
Relevancy 72.67%

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20939/
Relevancy 71.38%

Helllo everyone,

I wanted to buy the Radeon HD 6870 but it's not on the market here anymore, so I will have to buy another one -- hopefully not the HD 7850 xD. So, which one should I pick: the ASUS EAH6850, or the ASUS ENGTX560. Give your reasons please. I need the answer before Wednesday (2nd of May)

I read stuff about both of these, I'm really "new" to NVIDIA but I am also confused now. Asked people, some say Radeon, some say GeForce... I really don't know. Help me out, I'll appreciate it.

Ask away for more info if you need to.

A:ASUS HD 6850 or ASUS GTX 560 (non-Ti, DirectCU, 810MHz)?

I have always been an ATI/AMD fan when it comes to video cards so I'm gonna say go with the 6850. I have one and it is great. It is typically cheaper than the Nvidia and is slightly higher on Passmark's benchmarks. Also, I totally agree with Asus as a brand as they are one of the bests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/227028-asus-hd-6850-asus-gtx-560-non-ti-directcu-810mhz.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Whenever I click on the Asus Update on Asus Suite II it automatically gives me a BSOD. It then tells me to update the driver. I uninstalled Asus Suite II and installed the latest version from the Asus website. It still gave a BSOD when I clicked Update.

A little bit about my comp:
64 Bit Windows 7 put together by myself.
It is fairly new. Maybe 3 months max. Got BSOD since the start. Trying to update BIOS atm.
My OS installation is the same age.

I also have another thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...bernation.html

Still haven't figured this dang BSOd out.

BTW: Motherboard is
P8Z68-V PRO

A:BSOD using Asus Update on Asus Suite II

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diagnostics ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
Hard Drive Diagnostics (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

No memory dumps from later than Oct 2011
Service Pack 1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

No memory dumps in the WER section of MSINFO32 after Oct 2011

More to follow once the memory dumps are finished running....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205921-bsod-using-asus-update-asus-suite-ii.html
Relevancy 71.38%

i was wondering if i can overclock my e6550 to 3ghz ? and up to what point ? my ram is dual channel ddr2 800 2gig and my gpu is geforce 8600 256mb..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-my-e6550-in-asus-asus-p5kpl-cm.830642/
Relevancy 71.38%

Asus Radeon 9600XT vs. Asus V9570

Which comes on top when benchmarked on the latest games?

Relevancy 71.38%

Same as topic. Wondering if the Hero was worth the extra 50 bucks or so in terms of reliability, features, etc. Reliability is a big factor for me so if you think Hero is a bit more stable for the extra 50$ then please let me know. Thank you!

P.s. In case you were wondering I am building a gaming/video editing pc for around 1500 bucks

A:Asus Maximus VI Hero or Asus Z87-A LGA 1150

The Maximus VI Hero is no more stable than the Z87-A. The Maximus is more gamer oriented due to its overclocking features (which the Z87-A has, but not to that extent). If you can get a Z87 Sabertooth, that is probably the best in terms of reliability because it protects the components from dust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-maximus-vi-hero-or-asus-z87-a-lga-1150.194768/
Relevancy 71.38%
A:upgraded frpm asus P6T to asus P6T deluxe 2...

I dont know that you would have to, but it wouldnt be a bad idea imo....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42651-upgraded-frpm-asus-p6t-asus-p6t-deluxe-2-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I've been looking at the new i7 range and motherboards for them. The mbs are triple channel ddr3 ram. The ram you can buy all seems to come in packs up to 6gb (3 or 6). as 64 bit takes up to 8 can you get 3x2gb in one block and then just 2x1gb in 2/3 of the other block? not sure how it works...

also, can you not put ddr2 ram in ddr3 motherboards?

A:Triple Channel RAM

Unless the board supports ddr2, you cannot use ddr2 ram. Some boards will have slots that use either type however you cannot mix them; ie four slots and two are ddr2 and two are ddr3. It is either or not both. You do understand that the voltage requirements for ddr2 and ddr3 are different correct?

To run in multiple channel mode, you will most likely have to have matched sets of ram. I know intel in the past has run unmatched ram in dual channel however that is the only board maker I know of that has that option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/triple-channel-ram.771831/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a gigabyte x58a ud3r motherboard. I previously had two 2g sticks of ocz triple channel ram running dual channel. I bought 3 more 2g sticks. Is it better to run 8g in triple channel or throw the extra stick in there for a total of 10g? In the motherboard manual it said it can only run triple channel in 4 or 6 sticks not 5. Hope this makes sense. Any input appreciated.

A:8G Triple Channel vs. 10g what to do??

What is your peak RAM usage?

If it is under 8, then I'd go with triple channel and 8 gigs.

If you at times use all 8, then you might appreciate running 10 gigs in dual channel because 2 gigs of dual channel is certainly preferable to banging on a page file.

But it's a rare and intensive situation that would use 8 gigs. I have no idea if you are in such a situation.

I suspect that if you ran all 10 gigs in dual channel and never used more than 8, you'd never notice the lack of triple channel.

So it likely wouldn't matter in the real world.
Whoa--I see your user name it Protoolsuser. If you use Protools, the audio app, then maybe you do use all of 8 or 10 gigs. Never used it and don't know how much RAM it likes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/133772-8g-triple-channel-vs-10g-what-do.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

Just bought the above card to replace an old AMD Radeon HD 6450

When I unplug the old card and insert the new one, connect the 6-pin connecter from the PSU to the new card and power on - the new card led goes solid green, the fans run, but there is not output from the card to my monitor (which then goes into power saving mode).
Can anyone confirm if there is anything else I need to do to get the new card to work on the XPS 8300?

XPS-8300  i7-2600 3,4GHz 12Gb RAM
H67 Motherboard (Dell 0Y2MRG)
Win 7 64 bit

new card is ASUS Radeon R9 270 2BG GDDR5 

Please help!!!

A:Will Dell XPS 8300 A06 BIOS support ASUS Radeon R9 270 DirectCU II OC graphics card?

It wont with the stock power supply and its likely that it wont post at all due to UEFI bios requirements.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19623366
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone CPU Intel R Core TM i - GHz M L Cache LGA FAN Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System HDD Single Hard Drive GB SATA-II Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD MOTHERBOARD -Way SLI Support EVGA X X SLI LE Intel X Chipset SLI CrossFireX Mainboard MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Triple Channel Memory Module NETWORK Intel Pro Gigabite Network Card OS Microsoft R Windows Home Premium -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts Power Supply SOUND Creative Labs SB Audigy SE VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB X Upgrading Triple Channel Ram PCIe Video Card I ve got a decent computer for gaming and I was wondering if I can upgrade my RAM Now I ve got the Upgrading Triple Channel Ram Kingston HyperX DDR MHz Triple Channel meaning I have x- g Ram Cards I was hoping on upgrading this to GB by adding another Triple Channel to it Same brand same voltage same company and to add there s another slots for it The problem that I m worried about can my motherboard hold gigs of ram Can my computer utilize TWO different triple channels Will it still run in triple Upgrading Triple Channel Ram channel I understand as much that the channels work like this -Ram Card Triple Channel -Empty- -Ram Card Triple Channel -Empty- -Ram Card Triple Channel -Empty If I were to add an additional Triple Channel into those empty slots it would still work yes Thanks for your time --Edit-- Heres some additional information for you guys when we re talking about RAM usually your computer runs in a single channel module Which means that your motherboard has only one path it can take to access your memory In a triple channel it will utilize the gigs and give it three different channels making it three times as efficient For example if you have gigabyte ram cards in a single channel they will each have a single passage way When you have Triple Channel you ve effectively multiplied the amount of passage ways your motherboard can get to your memory thus granting it different ways altogether Adding a second triple channel is the tricky part I haven t read anywhere about how to do this or if it has any conflicting problems And it is understandable that there might not be a reply for days nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Good morning I channel. article and Tom's triple ram about just finished reading Tom s article on Ram and I have questions that need some answers I am going to upgrade next year in February and my system will likely be I and a motherboard I have read that triple channel is the way to go Tom's article about ram and triple channel. Is there triple channel ram that amounts to gigs Would I benefit My OS is Win Pro Is there a downside to installing gigs of ram or do I need Pairs of triple channel in sets of I am not fully understanding what triple channel means and since I do NOT have a mother board picked out yet perhaps you can either recomend one that would go with an I processor or direct me to what type of ram is best I am leaning to at least gigs but after reading good old Tom s now I am thinking that is now my target Can anyone help me sort this sillieness out Thanks very much Oh and here is the link to the article I am refering to http www tomshardware com reviews ram-memory-upgrade html nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I have a 6GB triple channel memory kit and one of the modules is physically damaged. I was wondering if I could use the remaining two modules and if they would run dual or single channel? 4GB is better than 0GB so if I can still use the working units that would be fine. I bought a micro ATX motherboard that supports 2 DDR3 modules so this kit would be perfect if I could use them. Any help would be great.. Thanks!

A:Question about triple channel memory

From comments made in one of my recent posts, the memory should be just fine. Its not the RAM that is triple channel, its the chipset/cpu. The same RAM will happily run single, dual and triple channel. They just package the RAM as matched sticks in pairs or triples as they're tested and work well with each other.

The thead in question is here. DBZ's post (#10) explains What I think your asking clearly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-triple-channel-memory.152651/
Relevancy 69.66%

I was wondering if anyone knew why Intel chose not to have hex core i7's on sandybridge and why they didnt have triple channel support either? I thought it would make sense to continue that trend as they have their benefits.. I know Sandy-Bridge chips are extremely powerful with just 4 cores even beating older i7 hex-core extreme edition in a lot of gaming benchmarks - but even triple channel memory has its benefits.
they must have their reasons, i could probably understand that with added graphics and memory controller onto the chip they wont have much room for more cores... but i would have thought triple channel memory would give better performance that dual-channel memory

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I was just thinking about adding another Triple Channel P45 Memory Chipset GB of ram to my bit system Currently I have GB in dual channel mode and have a gb video card Adding Triple Channel Memory P45 Chipset one more gigabyte of ram should be usable correct gb less the hdd cache which is mb At newegg ca they sell the exact same brand and timing ram GSkill DDR - - - in gb x gb --which is what I currently have--and gb sticks So I am considering buying one more stick I am quite aware that most motherboards with sticks will enter single channel mode but mine the Gigabyte GA-EP -UD L has the P chipset and if you see here http Triple Channel Memory P45 Chipset www intel com support motherboards desktop sb cs- htm flex Triple channel memory can be run despite the dimms being to not to I at this point assume I can run this mode as my mobo again has the p Triple Channel Memory P45 Chipset chipset and if you look at the quot supported quot intel motherboards you can see some with the p and p chipsets at the bottom i e the DP SG What do you think I should do Did I misunderstand By the way my Windows installation again is -bit so I am limited And x gb sticks sounds fine but i ll end up wasting completely because by the time i purchase a bit os I will replace all my hardware anyways All opinions Welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Triple Channel Memory P45 Chipset

So is this an Intel motherboard or a Gigabyte motherboard. Your post confused me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/triple-channel-memory-p45-chipset.138435/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an Alienware Aurora with 3GB of RAM and im starting to feel its not enough.
I would like to add another 3 (6GB total) but i need some advice...

Buy the Crucial Dual Channel 4096MB PC8500 DDR3 Memory at TigerDirect.ca This is the RAM i was considering buying. I thought i would remove 1 of my 1GB sticks and install those for a total of 6GB but i just noticed i have triple channel memory, not dual. Can i mix those together?

Heres my memory specs:
3 x 1GB
DDR3
1066MHz
tri channel

A:Need RAM advice (mixing dual & triple channel)

Which Aurora do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228619-need-ram-advice-mixing-dual-triple-channel.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a P6X58D Premium mobo. It has 6 memory slots and already has 1 set of triple channel memory, which is ocz 3g2000lv2g. It has a CAS latency of 8 and Timing 8-8-8-24. 1600 (PC3 12800)
I want to get another set of 3 sticks to fill the remaining slots.
What is important to match?

A:Triple channel memory (adding another trip set)

Hello Chris sorry for the wait but mate any and all of the specs of the original ones for the new stuff and do get them as a set if you can as they will more likely be closely matched.
If you want really detailed info on the RAM you have use this
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
PSUs 101: A Detailed Look Into Power Supplies (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Use PART B:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398079-triple-channel-memory-adding-another-trip-set.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I just read on another thread that my Phenom may not support triple channel. Does this mean we can't have 3 2GB sticks in the slots and we should get one more to even things up? (we had originally bought a 3 pack and I don't know if we can buy a single stick of that type here).

I then read that having 4 sticks of DDR3 in can cause problems too - now I don't know what to believe

My setup is...

Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P AM3
MS Window Vista Home Premium 64bit
Galazy GF 8400GS PCIe 512MB
AMD Phenom 11 x4 810
WD 640GB 7200RPM
Corsair TR3X6G133C9 6GB DDR3

and my previous thread with BSOD problems involving RAM is here....

http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...-computer.html

Thanks!

A:Phenom and triple channel memory issues

No AMD cpu's currently support triple channel. And yes if you can find a fourth stick you can use it, just look for one that is the same specs as the three you already have.

The only "problems" is that it may down-clock to 800 MHz speeds with 4 sticks installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232256-phenom-triple-channel-memory-issues.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Just put this system splash w/ screen Shows Freeze. Asus "asus" A7V400MX then 2400+ sempron together last night all the drives cd HDD s are from a previous computer but the mobo cpu and ram kingston mhz mb are new Entire system contents w power supply mitsumi quot i think quot came with case years ago asus a v onboard sound vid network AMD sempron ghz retail w fan kingston mhz mb pc no add in pci or agp x GB HDD x cd one burner and floppy the problem after Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. installing everything I turned the computer on it turns on then off and back on as others on this board have mentioned to be normal for this board but then the it starts to post but doesnt even get past the Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. quot splash asus a v screen quot then it just hangs indefinetly suspiciou on the quot splash screen quot it shows press tab to show post and press alt F to flash bios but niether gives any response Ctrl Alt Del does reset the comp only to bring me back to the same spot a little frustrated thinking possible power supply unit or even processor It does beep once short and then stops and I ve tried the FSB jumpers set to and mhz both with the same result I even tried clearing the CMOS with no change not a big suprise since its never been used please help THANK YOU nbsp

A:Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze.

common problems

well, first off. The beep you heard is natural. It means that the POST (power on self test) went through sucessfully! you might need to check the processor. Sometimes, processors can cause a bad instruction to activate, which causes your computer to freeze. The powersupply also could be an important factor. You should turn the computer on with the least amount of things. for example... (motherboard, 1 stick of ram, processor, harddrive, and the powersupply) doing this will limit what could be wrong and make it easier to troubleshoot. I would definetly check the processor, and even possibly the memory. hope this helps!

"from a person's perspective"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v400mx-w-sempron-2400-shows-asus-splash-screen-then-freeze.18032/
Relevancy 68.8%

I wish to build a machine a 780G based Asus M3 Generation Motherboard. Gaming is not a requirement. Can I opt for a low end AMD Athlon Dual Core X2 4600 based processor with this mobo, instead of faster tri core based processors. (Reason is budget concerns) Will my type of config prove to be a gross mismatch between Mobo and processor? Will it hamper the machine's efficiency? or should i go for it

Please suggest...

A:Asus ASUS M3 Gen MB with Athlon 64 X2 4600? Possible?

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUFilter.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-asus-m3-gen-mb-with-athlon-64-x2-4600-possible.110253/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey
I got two computers one with ASUS K8N Motherboard and another one ASUS K8V-MX.
I am using DDR on both. Do either of the two Motherboards support "DDR2"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-compatibility-with-asus-k8n-and-asus-k8v-mx.705558/
Relevancy 68.8%

What sould I get? The ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131517
Or,
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131540
I would like to know which one would give me better peformance, overclocking, gaming! Don't worry about the video I'll have that by Dec.(X1600)

A:ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe or ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

You will not notice any performance difference, by default, between the two using a 64 or FX processor... the chipset is the same and the supported memory is the same among them, along with integrated components.

The only notable difference is that the premium has a heatpipe to cool the chipset and chipset VRM on the board, and it allows you to alter voltage to the chipset. This lets it run without needing a fan (the chipset).

The latter would be better for overclocking, marginally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-or-asus-a8n-sli-premium.35027/
Relevancy 68.37%

Just a quick question that came up in my head while I was reading the chapter about RAM in my hardware book... assuming that I'm building a gaming computer for myself with an i7 CPU and x58 chipset, what would give me better overall performance.... installing 4 memory modules of 2GB each and running on dual-channel mode or installing 3 memory modules of 2GB each and running on triple-channel mode?
thank you

A:8GB DDR3 (dual-channel) x 6GB DDR3 (triple-channel) Which is better?

Depends a lot on how much RAM your applications need. Triple channel is slightly faster, but if you. Err. Run two instances of Crysis, then you might need 8 GiB so the other solution is 'better'.
My vote goes for 3x2...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8gb-ddr3-dual-channel-x-6gb-ddr3-triple-channel-which-is-better.907315/
Relevancy 67.94%

Has anyone had any problems with running software on systems equipped with Triple Channel memory I currently have Triple Memory problems Channel on Software systems a program that will not install on my main PC running Windows Pro bit with an Intel i CPU Bloomfield Core with Asus P X D Premium Motherboard and Gbyte of triple Channel Memory The installer fails Software problems on Triple Channel Memory systems within a few seconds of starting with Software problems on Triple Channel Memory systems what appears to be an attempt to execute non-executable address It will install OK on my Laptop running Windows Home bit with an Intel i CPU and Gbyte of dual channel RAM I have had a similar problem with another program that would not run on my main machine it failed when attempting to load images saved by itself but would run OK on the laptop The software supplier could offer no help on this issue but when later version of the program was installed when it became available the problem was cured This leads me to assume that the original program was incompatible with system running Triple Channel memory Has anyone else had similar experiences Is so was a cure found

A:Software problems on Triple Channel Memory systems

I have a similar X58 chipset system running 6gb in triple channel, I have had this for several years and never had any problems or issues with software
I have found that the system is very fussy about what RAM is used and the settings/timings of the RAM I actually ended up under clocking the ram for stability when first setting up new
May be worth running a test on your ram RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/358646-software-problems-triple-channel-memory-systems.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I would really appreciate if someone can help me demystify my problem!

I have a two year old Asus A52J laptop, with Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1.

A few days ago I have noticed that the laptop sometimes (twice so far in the past week) wont boot after Asus logo on the black screen. I turn it off on the button and turn it on, everything seems fine. No errors reported, no safe mode, the windows works properly, without any reports. Today,however, all my accounts from the Opera have been logged out after this (probably the cookies have been messed about), but nothing was reported.

Other than this occurrence, everything seems to be working proper, so I am really puzzled in regard with the boot.

Thanks for your help and any kind of input!

A:Asus A52J sometimes not booting past "Asus" logo

Hi have you run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-a52j-sometimes-not-booting-past-asus-logo-701962.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Yesterday I had a PC technician around to see why my PC was not booting-up properly and also to change my SSD to a larger SSD. As I am visually challenged I cannot do hardware upgrades etc, so I got a Techie guy in.

We used Zinstall HDD by-the-way and I would highly recommend this application for such a job plus, it is extremely fast.

Anyway, while he was diagnosing my boot-up issue he discovered I had a malfunctioning network card; while removing this, he noticed all the SATA settings were set to SATA 2.

When he reset these to SATA 3, the PC would not start-up! When he set them again to SATA 2 there was no problem and it worked fine?

Can anyone illuminate me on this please?

Thanks for any/all imput

A:SATA 3 not working on Asus P6X58D-E motherboard with SATA III support

Many people have had issues with the Marvell controller on that MB.
You may want to live with SATA 3g/s. Easiest path, no real difference except for benchmarks, and no chance of data loss.
But in case you're not satisfied with that, here's something to look at.

AHCI-mode on Marvell 9128 controller in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

and

[Solved] ASUS P6x58D-E, Win 7 (64) Marvell AT 91xx - Asus - Motherboards-Memory
A fellow name Jaquith seems to know what's up.

Bottom line is you need the right drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237306-sata-3-not-working-asus-p6x58d-e-motherboard-sata-iii-support.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Here's the problem, I'm building my new PC as we speak and I bought this mammoth cpu cooler (which while I knew it would be big I didn't read any reviews stating it covers a memory slot) which fully covers up my first ram slot and the heat spreader is too tall on the memory to try and weasel it in there. The Gigabyte's instructions tell me that there are two "dual channels" one using 1 and 3 and the other using 2 and 4. I installed the RAM into 2 and 4 because there is no other way for it to work. Is there any reason I wouldn't get the same performance out of slots 2 and 4 as opposed to 1 and 3?

A:Solved: Can dual channel memory be installed in channel 1 rather than channel 0?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-dual-channel-memory-be-installed-in-channel-1-rather-than-channel-0.930609/
Relevancy 63.64%

Which is better for the money? And is the full 16x lanes worth $120 extra? Also, how hot do they get. Thanks.

A:ASUS A8N32-SLI vs ASUS A8N-SLI

Hi there

Hi, I have an A8N-SLI with a AMD 4200 Dual Core - Most of the time the Mobo runs below 29 degrees and the chip runs around 36 with nothin to do and up to 44 when fully loaded, i have no special fans or anythin in my machine - so A8N-SLI is not a bad board!

Phyphor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n32-sli-vs-asus-a8n-sli.41638/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I want to buy a new motherboard.

After investigating some local shops, the internet and considering my budget, I noticed on these two motherboards:
Asus P5Q SE2
Asus P5P43TD PRO
Well, I`ve got an Intel E2180 and I intend to get the most out of these motherboards.

Whitch could be the best for me?
What are there diferences?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5q-se2-or-asus-p5p43td-pro.885622/
Relevancy 63.64%

Other than one being 750i chip set and the other being 780i what makes the P5N-T better? I'm trying to decide which one to get. Upon some research I found that the P5N-T is giving people alot of problems while the P5N-D gets mostly good reviews. Can someone confirm this or did I pass judgement prematurely?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5n-d-vs-asus-p5n-t-motherboards.942483/
Relevancy 61.92%

Dear all,

My computer is Dell Precision M6500. The graphic card is ATI FirePro M7740. The computer only has one VGA port.

I used a dock station which has 1 VGA port and two DVI ports. I connected two monitors to the VGA port and 1 of the DVI ports.

In the "Screen Resolution" dialog, I can see 3 monitors: The laptop monitor, 2 external monitors. However, one of the external monitors is grayed out. I can never to make all of the 3 active at the same time.

I am wondering if Windows 7 allows me to use 3 monitors at the same time? Did I miss something?

Thank you.

A:How to support triple monitors with one graphic card?

Quote: Originally Posted by hoody

Dear all,

My computer is Dell Precision M6500. The graphic card is ATI FirePro M7740. The computer only has one VGA port.

I used a dock station which has 1 VGA port and two DVI ports. I connected two monitors to the VGA port and 1 of the DVI ports.

In the "Screen Resolution" dialog, I can see 3 monitors: The laptop monitor, 2 external monitors. However, one of the external monitors is grayed out. I can never to make all of the 3 active at the same time.

I am wondering if Windows 7 allows me to use 3 monitors at the same time? Did I miss something?

Thank you.

Hey I'm not sure about how to resolve this, but just FYI, as far as I know, Windows 7 will support as many monitors as your video card will allow. I had 3 connected to my HD 5870 the other day in ATI Eyefinity mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/64174-how-support-triple-monitors-one-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently upgraded my Graphics Card to a Radeon HD 5450 with Triple monitor support,
it has 3 outputs 1-DVI ,,1-VGA,, 1-Display port hooked up to 3 monitors, 2 samsung 19" wide screens and a I-INC 25" widescreen... Currently i have the 25" in the middle with a 19" on either side,, The Problem is when i go to extend the desktop in the Appearance box, and click apply i get a error ( Unable to save Display settings ) it will let me use that monitor i couldn't extend only if i disable another display first (IE: my main monitor) all the drivers for monitors and card is up to date,,

25" plugged in with a Display Port to HDMI adapter
19" plugged in with a Standard VGA cable
19" plugged in with a DVI cable

AND I'm about to pull my hair out on this, any input would be greatly Appreciated.

A:HD5450 Triple Monitor Support Problem

What I would do first is clear out the multiple-monitor setting by switching to just one monitor, restarting that way, and re-apply the desktop extension.

When you click "Detect" does it give you all three screens to work with, at least?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/135589-hd5450-triple-monitor-support-problem.html
Relevancy 61.92%

i want to get a new graphics card and i dont knwo who makes the best one. i am stuck between asus 8800gtx or xfx 8800gtx.
which one is the best?
thanks guys

Relevancy 61.92%

hey so im looking to buy an asus gaming laptop, cant get a pc because it will also server as a computer for college. but i dont know which is better the G55VW or the G75VW, and looking into them the processors are i7s but they seem like a lower GHz at only about 2.5 will that cause too much of a problem?

Relevancy 61.92%

I always go around yardsales, pawnshops, and vintage computer stores and found this board for 3 dollars. It's alive but won't regconize the only spare processor I have, an Athlon II 635. What are the specs of this board, what can it run, and how old is it? I'm going to use this to build a backup system.

A:Solved: ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus - What CPU should I get

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NMX_SE_Plus/#CPUS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-m2n-mx-se-plus-what-cpu-should-i-get.1004390/
Relevancy 61.49%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi- Have an ASUS P and P6T Solved: SE ASUS Applications T SE mainboard the machine came installed with Vista through school took an Intro to SQL night class for my Solved: ASUS P6T SE and Applications job I was able to get a copy of Windows Professional bit At some point between Vista and now I m not sure when as I have been using this machine infrequently and relying more on the work laptop the two background apps tray apps TurboV and SixEngine have disappeared SixEngine had a very nice handy little power management app allowed me to increase fan speed and other variables and I am only now realizing that its gone In fact I cannot find the exe s on the hard drive at all I m not sure if I d had them since the Windows install but I d like them back now that I m using this machine frequently again I have the chipset support DVD here though it says on the disc cover quot Vista drivers inside quot so I am wondering if were I to just stick this disc in and run it would it screw up my system I tried downloading what I think are the correct applications from the Asus website TurboV and SixEngine but one of the cab files in the SixEngine zip file is corrupted so I can t install it that way this is a little beyond the scope of my computer knowledge and I would love any help anyone might be able to offer suggest Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ASUS P6T SE and Applications

After searching for a few hours (before posting this), I posted the question and found the solution about 2 minutes later...I don't need any responses, mod you can close this or delete it or whatever it is that you do...thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-p6t-se-and-applications.924018/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an ASUS EAH 4870 512mb card which needs updating. Should I use the drivers from ATI or from ASUS?

Relevancy 61.06%

I have just replaced my ASUS P4C800-E DeLuxe with the ASUS PB5 DeLuxe/WiFi-AP motherboard to take advantage of Dual Core CPU's.etc
Before connecting up to a monior, I booted up the machine.
From the AMI beep codes I got one long and three short beeps which says the set up failed the memory test.
It does this under all configurations of the two, Corsair Dominator 2 * 1Gb DDR2 1066MHz modules.
Corsair said m/b wouldn't take the 1066MHz modules without overclocking.
Corsair Module configurator for the m/b said to use 800MHz modules, so I fitted a pair of OCZ 800MHz modules. I also reset the BIOS as per the manual and still got the beeps in POST.
I've tried single modules in all slots. No good. I've refitted all hardware including the Intel E6600 cpu and fan Still got the beeps.
What's the next move?