Windows Support Forum

Solved: Reconnecting HP Laser Jet 4050T

Q: Solved: Reconnecting HP Laser Jet 4050T

I used to have my HP 4050T hooked up to my Dell Dimension 3000 printer, running Windows XP about 2 years ago. It has been hooked up to different Dell computer but I decided I wanted to use it with my computer again. So I know the printer has been working fine. There is no message about a print driver not being found....it says its sending to the printer, but nothing prints. I had a HP 5000 hooked up and it worked fine. Using the same cable I had on it, just changed printers. Please help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Reconnecting HP Laser Jet 4050T

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Reconnecting HP Laser Jet 4050T

hi , have you cleared spooler queue?

type cmd in run

type in command window

net stop spooler <enter>
net start spooler <enter>

reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reconnecting-hp-laser-jet-4050t.947025/
Relevancy 39.99%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 34.83%

Razer on Tuesday unveiled what it's calling the world's most advanced gaming mouse. Now in its third iteration, the 2015 Razer Mamba features a brand new 5G laser sensor and Adjustable Click Force Technology, among other features.

Read more

A:Razer's new Mamba features 16,000 DPI laser sensor in wired and wireless configurations

I'll pass. I don't game on anything that low. :\
Does anyone even go outside the 800-2000dpi range? I keep my mouse at 2000dpi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razers-new-mamba-features-16-000-dpi-laser-sensor-in-wired-and-wireless-configurations.214881/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,

Can someone please recommend me a colour laser printer for home use? Resolution should be at least 1200 x 1200 dpi. The option to print both sides of the paper would be nice. Multiple paper trays not necessary, nor anything else that will add unnecessary bulk to its size. There should also be connection for Ethernet and USB. Preferable that it uses separate toner cartridges for the different colours, so if one colour runs out then only that colour needs changing rather than the whole lot.

Thanks.

A:Recommend me a laser colour printer please

You realize these are very expensive to both purchase and on a cost/page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-laser-colour-printer-please.207641/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a rather old Linksys WUSB11 Wireless-B USB adapter that worked fine with my old D-Link DSL-2640T Wireless G router. However when I changed to D-Link DIR-615 router, problem arises. My USB adapter keeps disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnects to the router. Signal strength was averagely 3 bars that time. It was used on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Any idea on why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

hi

USB is notorious for being flaky and i would and have always advised against using it, however you could try changing the channel on your router to another number this may fix the issue for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.165868/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,

I am looking for new laser printer that has these features:

Color laser printer
Automatic duplex (not manual)
Wireless connectivity
scanning capability (flatbed or ADF)
faxing capability
under $500 to the door

I am doing my own research, but I can not find one with all these features. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

A:Looking for a new laser printer, with heavy limitations

Did you check the Lexmark Pro 205? That's the one I use.
This link belows will help you find the one you need
http://www1.lexmark.com/products/vi...sionid=AFBE78B7630FBCA8BBABF95735491E27.node2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-new-laser-printer-with-heavy-limitations.147903/
Relevancy 36.12%

Does anyone know a good laser printer model? I'm very dissatisfied with Inkjet printers and how much ink they burn through quickly. I've heard Laser Printers are far more efficient ink-wise and I'm looking for the best model for home use. Anyone know a good one?

Thanks.

A:Model of a good Laser Printer

What is your budget for this venture?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/model-of-a-good-laser-printer.142620/
Relevancy 39.56%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-reconnecting.142199/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I tried to search before I posted my below thread I found below relevant threads but I could not extract the proper answer for my question http serverfault com questions sharing-a-network-attached-scanner http for users share CLX-6210FX scanner MFP Samsung domain Colour laser www askmehelpdesk com scanners Samsung Colour laser MFP CLX-6210FX share scanner for domain users share-scanner-network- html http superuser com questions any-way-to-share-the-scanner-of-a-multi-function-printer http www experts-exchange com Hardware Peripherals Scanners Q html Today I have installed a Samsung Colour laser MFP CLX- FX on an Active directory win I shared this printer and ticked option List in the directory I have got no problem for the domains users to install the printer On the server I have got this utility please see below snapshot that help me to scan if I want to scan http i tinypic com r eclh jpg Now how can I share the scanner means how can a domain user scan a document from his her PC directly because he she does not have the utility above installed on his her PC What I had done in past with Samsung Colour laser MFP CLX-6210FX share scanner for domain users HP all in one I forgot the model I installed a software from the HP CD on each client PC he she would be able to scan from his her PC I but it was not AD environment it was normal LAN between multiple XP Do I need to do same thing with Samsung to be able to scan Do I need to install the software for Samsung on each client PC win XP Sp to accomplish this task My second question setting of the printer is in Grayscale how can I let one not all of them user domain to be able to print in a colour beside back and white Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-colour-laser-mfp-clx-6210fx-share-scanner-for-domain-users.141300/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 36.12%

Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse?
I replaced li-ion battery with a AAA battery pack (NiMH), used the board that was on the ion battery pack.
The new batteries do charge , but will not hold a deep charge... need schemantics or need to know what the board on the ion pack fuction was or do I need more emf to force a deeper charge?

A:Logitech mx1000 laser mouse

...Or use the recommended batteries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mx1000-laser-mouse.138038/
Relevancy 39.13%

can anyone help me here pls

In noticed that when i plug my ethernet cord in the LAN ethernet intergrated port my local area connection 2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. It tries to connect for about 12sec then it tries to reconnect for about 5-6sec, and this keeps doing that same process over and over. I have noticed in the back the amber light blinks every 3sec and the green light is solid. Do you think the port is about the fail or can i have any suggestion? I also reset the modem and disconnect the cable and put plug them back in.

A:Lan connection problem disconnection and reconnecting

you say its connection 2 do you have another nic also what is the end result after waiting to connect (limited or no connectivity or media disconnected or what)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-connection-problem-disconnection-and-reconnecting.134395/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 36.98%

What is it about inkjet photo paper that makes it unusable in laser printers?:suspiciou
(At least not recommended to)...

A:Inkjet vs laser

Inkjet photo paper is coated to assist with absorption, retention, and color balance of the inks projected to be used with it. Each different printer manufacturer has, (presumably), a different coating concoction, that produces optimum results with their brand of inks.

Part of this is marketing BS, as a color balance "profile" can be developed with aftermarket paper and inks. In the case of many paper manufacturers, a downloadable profile is available, in order to produce the correct color balance of their papers to any given commonly used photo quality printer.

This answer is specific to "inkjet photo paper". By that I mean paper used for the printing of photos of exhibition quality.

To this I might ask the question, "why would anyone want to put a true photo quality photo quality paper in a laser printer in the first place"? It does seen like a massive waste of money and good materials.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inkjet-vs-laser.133161/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello all,
please forgive me if I sound like a noob. I'm thinking of buying a laser printer and I see all these types of color cartridges. Colors such as Cyan, Magenta, Black, Yellow etc... Do all of these go inside the printer individually? The printer is this model: Click here

A:Laser printer cartridge capacity help

Yes, there will be four cartridges... Black, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta... the printer sorts them all out, but they are darned expensive at replacement time... as much as $130 each... or more, depending on the brand of computer.
HP laser printers will not work with off brands of ink. The new ones will not run unless they have the expensive HP cartridges.

But the ink does last a long time... you can find sources online that will tell you how much... The HP 3600 and similar use way too much ink... compared with Konica Minolta, Samsung, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laser-printer-cartridge-capacity-help.121842/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 36.55%

Greets,

I have an aging Brother HL-1450 which probably needs a new drum (if that will solve the dirt problem), but a new drum + new toner exceeds the price of most new lasers out there (yes, I know that those come with a starter toner, but the issue is the $117 drum).

The HL-1450 draws about 350 Watts when it prints, and that is a decent power draw (lights dim). Most of the new brothers want double that (including the currently on-sale HL-5240).

I am not married to Brother here ... can someone recommend a decent B&W laser printer which does not draw 600-1000W to print?

Thanks!

A:Recommend a B&W Laser which does NOT need 600+W to Print

Lots of chioces... Here's one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828104624

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-b-w-laser-which-does-not-need-600-w-to-print.118937/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello you techy peeps I hope I won t have to Down. all. Laser Shut Will At HP DVD640v's Not bother you a whole lot I will say quot hi quot real quick Hello I m Agnium and pleased to meet ya So my HP DVD v burner Which I was pretty fond HP DVD640v's Laser Will Not Shut Down. At all. of one day decided to up and malfunction completely out of the blue One day I was just trying to do some crap with RecordNow and It just did stuff Basically the laser will just not turn off Contacted HP there s no warranty and what I need is to find a way to shut it off using software Dug through quot My Computer quot found nothing the only way to turn it off it to turn the whole thing off The moment it goes on so does the laser It s just stuck I can t find another burner Or DVD player for my computer for that matter and I m pretty much out of ideas Help a fellow human being nbsp

A:HP DVD640v's Laser Will Not Shut Down. At all.

dvd burners are ubiquitous. I don't buy that you can't find one. You can get them dirt cheap just about anywhere. Look on ebay for starters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dvd640vs-laser-will-not-shut-down-at-all.102631/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, can someone give me some advice? I have an LG Flatron L1910BA monitor a few years old. worked perfectly fine. connected it to my ancient Toshiba Satellite and enjoyed the big screen display. worked fine. then when i reconnect it back to the original CPU (Korean TG Dreamsys) the display is completey horrid. all the text is absolutley tiny (maybe 2 point font - or less!), the icons are distorted in size but semi-coherent. What can I do? when i go into windows xp safe mode the display is the same. i have the original monitor drivers but i can't read the control panel as the windows that pop up are about 1" x 1" in size. It's really insane. and I don't know what to do or even where to begin. Thanks for any help that you give!

A:display problems after reconnecting LG monitor from notebook to original CPU

There was a driver (or other install software) for the LG Flatron L1910BA that came on disc with the monitor. It is probably downloadable from LG. If not, we have two.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-problems-after-reconnecting-lg-monitor-from-notebook-to-original-cpu.86730/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have an XP Laptop that is used to record video for our high school football team. When we are donw using the video on the laptop we store it on a TerraStation 2TB server in the office. It is always on and connected to a hub that the laptop is hooked to when on.

My problem is this.... when the laptop is turned on, the network drive I set up shows "disconnected", and consequently, the application for transferring the video to the server doesn't show the network drive to select... after I click on the network drive in "my computer", the application will then see the network drive.

My question is how to make this automatically connect when the computer boots. I set it up to "reconnect at logon", but it does not without me opening the drive 1st...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rick

A:Networked Drive not Auto reconnecting ay logon

Reconnect at Logon not working

Me, too; I have XP Pro SP2 with automatic updates on 5 systems, and just this one fails: after most reboots, if I launch an application that was last working on a file in the mapped network drive, it comes up "unavailable" or "file not found" unless I visit Windows Explorer first.

I even tried putting batch files with shortcuts "n:\dummy.txt" and "m:\dummy.txt" in my Startup group, to force references to my M: and N: drives, and that isn't even enough!

No domains, just workgroup peer networking here. Like I say, works on all my other systems, has for years, just my latest Gateway Profile 6 acts different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networked-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-ay-logon.86270/
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

I just bought a Microsoft laser mouse 6000 from Newegg (specs here). I'm trying to get the back and forward buttons working in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty). I did some modifications to configuration files as suggested by Google search results. Unfortunately, that screwed it up so that the scroll wheel controls back and forward, and the real back and forward buttons don't work at all.

The imwheelrc config file (/etc/X11/imwheel/imwheelrc) says that the xf86config file needs to allow for enough mouse buttons. But locating xf86config in the terminal returns nothing.

What can I do??

A:Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

...bump...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-laser-mouse-6000-on-ubuntu-7-04.80399/
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
John

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-random-rebooting.79561/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys,

I am about to throw my keyboard and mouse in the bin.
I bought this mx5000 about 12 months ago and ive had nothing but problems with it,I have emailed Logitech about the problems and they just blew me off.

I have read arround on other forums and buy the look of it,I have been shafted again.

If someone could heolp me ,it would be much appreciated.

I am running:

win x64 pro,

the problems:

Lag in responce
Key repeat
lose of connection
the setpoint keeps crashing, stops responding.
This is happening everyday its driving me nuts.
I have been to logitechs website and downloaded the latest setpoint drivers 2.6.
I have read all the non helpfull FAQs
still no luck.
Im back to yousing my $10 generic keyboard and mouse.
If someone could help me it would be so great.

thanks in advance

Cris

A:Logitech mx5000 Laser problems.

erm, how about reinstalling software from the disc or try to use it without software
(but the multi-scrolling would be gone) and see how it works?

btw, your mouse is wireless right? have you put a ALKALINE or even LITHIUM battery to power it up? As mouse will still works with single battery out of 2. Assuming your mouse is in PS/2 port, have you try putting it in USB port instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mx5000-laser-problems.66626/
Relevancy 38.7%

My son was recently given a three year old laotop computer. It was originally connected to a DSL connection and I use a Cable connection. It has a built in wireless 802.11g card and a 10/100 interface. I configured it to connect wirelessly to my wireless router. The connection is established and DHCP assigns it a network address. Every 20-30 seconds it drops the connection and imediately reacqires a new connection. I disabled the wireless card and enabled the 10/100 LAN connection. Same thing. The router makes the connection, asigns a valid IP address, drops it, and imediately reastablishes the connection. The TCP/IP stack looks good. The link speed is right. Could it be conflict with some pre existing software? Maybe the old DSL software ot some instant messaging program. I loaded new antivirus software and ran a complete sucessful scan. Any thoughts what it could be?

A:Laptop Network Connection Dropping and Reconnecting

"Drops the connection" means what?

Do you use any software firewalls? VPN software? Packet sniffers?

Try updating the router firmware..

What is the DHCP lease time on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-network-connection-dropping-and-reconnecting.64410/
Relevancy 11.18%

hi, being a beginner to computers i think i have made a mistake.

i have just bought a new laptop which came with a sp2 recovery disk.
i used this disk to reformat my old hp pavillion computer instead of using its disk and now im having problems booting.

when first installed the computer was running great untill i rebooted.
all i get now is the blue hp screen for a second and then the screen goes blank. no error messages or anything.
i have tried to reboot using the original xp disk(sp1). it tells me its checking disk and then itall goes blank again. i have also tried to boot from fdisk but it tells me to replace disk and try again. (made disk off another comp running xp sp1.

can anyone please help me.

A:xp booting problem not solved

The system disk is made for the system it came with. Recovery disks work mainly on the computers that they're designed for. For instance, my parents' Sony has a system recovery tool that reinstalls Windows and installs all of the systems programs in a specific way that would not work in any other machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-booting-problem-not-solved.59321/
Relevancy 36.55%

I recently bought an advent ade-LR1 3d laser mouse and installed it as directed on my new laptop. Everything worked okay for the first week, but it suddenly stopped being picked up by the computer. The buttons worked but the cursor didn't move. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it made no difference. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. btw its cradle is plugged in via a usb

A:laser mouse problems

Sounds like the mouse is broken. If it's still new exchange it for a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laser-mouse-problems.58806/
Relevancy 36.12%

Laser Toner Running Low?

HP and Lexmark will hate me for telling you this. You can often get your laser printer back to printing BLACK again if you tap the cartridge from end to end with a heavy pen or small ruler.

Tapping frees a lot of toner stuck to the inside of the cartridge and so allows your printer to print many more good copies before exchanging for a new one.

Low overhead and living frugally keeps money in your wallet longer. Now where the heck can I get a good electric jeep. TG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laser-cartidge-savings-tapping.52197/
Relevancy 31.82%

If any one could help me out with my printing problem I would really appreciate it From the quality of the posts I can see that there are some smart people here and I hope my question won't on print - "vellum" 3100cn Dell laser color isn t stupid If you have a question ask someone smarter than you right I am trying to print colored text on a sheet of quot vellum quot plastic really or translucent paper lbs letter-sized on a Dell cn color laser printer The only paper setting using the Manual Paper Feed MPF that will recognize and try to print Dell 3100cn color laser - won't print on "vellum" is quot Transparency quot When I chose that option the paper feeds but then stops and I receive and error message to open the back of the printer and remove the sheet I have tried all other paper plain plain cover cover label coated coated etc and in all cases the response Dell 3100cn color laser - won't print on "vellum" is quot Load XXX quot I have printed on this very brand and color of translucent paper in the past with color laser printers without problem so I believe it can be done but I have not had any success at all trying to print on my cn with this paper or its lighter version Is it the paper Is it my printer I was under the impression that the Dell cn could print on quot vellum quot or translucent paper Am I wrong If you know how to configure the Dell cn to print on this type of paper please reply as soon as possible Any and all advice is sincerely appreciated nbsp

A:Dell 3100cn color laser - won't print on "vellum"

Try another brand of vellum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3100cn-color-laser-wont-print-on-vellum.51734/
Relevancy 35.69%

Is the printer supposed to work? Mine doesn't follow what the manual says. Specifically, the toner save button doesn't work. When I press it it doesn't turn the light on and off. Print result is the same. The only way I can change the toner save is through the software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/who-owns-samsung-ml-2010-laser-printer.44851/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have an Acrox (model MOP) laser mouse and no matter WHAT I set my mouse options to (right now at slowest possible double click setting) whenever I click the left button, I will almost always end up getting a double click. I will excute files when trying to move them, open pictures when trying to delete,.......you get the picture. I checked their website......but I can't figure out how to actually INSTALL the drivers. I've done tons of drivers, but these ones get me. Anybody have any ideas.......it is REALLY aggravating trying to save when the dropdown menu is opened and closed with one click of the mouse.....takes like 4 tries before the menu will open properly and let me choose a location. AAARRRGHH !!

A:Constantly getting a double click with Acrox laser mouse

Well, regardless of the speed of the double click, if the button is set to double click it will always double click.

Anyway, go to this Acrox site (Click here), download the driver zip file. When you unzip this file, you'll find more zipped files. Select the one for your model and unzip it. Double click on the setup.exe file or open it from Start > Run. It should install then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-getting-a-double-click-with-acrox-laser-mouse.44249/
Relevancy 38.7%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.41152/
Relevancy 35.26%

LiteOn Dual layer DVD R RW CD Laser faulty Wont read CDs Hi I purchased a LiteOn IT Dual layer DVD - Writer - RW a little over a year ago and recently the CD laser has become faulty or at least I m assuming so The drive will read DVDs fine but not DVD (+/- faulty Laser LiteOn Writer CD layer Dual RW) +/- CDs I ve tried using lens cleaners and I ve reinstalled drivers Tried multiple CDs in multiple computers and still no luck Since the warranty has already expired and is thus void I opened the drive up to see if I could see anything wrong but saw nothing I could say was the problem The drive simply spins up when a CD is put in but then stops again - I m asuming this is because it s failed to detect a disk I m just wondering if there is any options short of buying a new drive Is there a replacement laser LiteOn Dual layer DVD +/- Writer (+/- RW) CD Laser faulty I could buy even if I have to resolder it to the board myself Any other options solutions would be greatly LiteOn Dual layer DVD +/- Writer (+/- RW) CD Laser faulty appreciated Many thanks Ben nbsp

A:LiteOn Dual layer DVD +/- Writer (+/- RW) CD Laser faulty

Can someone move this to the Storage forum so it might get a bit more attention please.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liteon-dual-layer-dvd-writer-rw-cd-laser-faulty.37437/
Relevancy 10.75%

After re-installing my HP 4070, the scanning software showed only TIFF and
Compressed TIFF options while earlier I had JPG and BMP.

To get back BMP and JPG options, I deleted the Registry entry under HKEY_USER....
Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\CUE Settings\0000_4070]
"ScanPreferencesSettings", and Run the HP Scanning software.
It will recreate the Key with default settings and the next time you start the
HP scanning software you will have all the four save options.

Important:
Backup registry before trying this! Modify the registry at your own risk!
You can highlight the Hewlett-Packard entry and export from file menu to a
desktop file for backup of just this entry. If something seems wrong, double
click on the exported file to restore the original settings in the registry.

Happy Scanning! - Raj

A:HP Scanjet 4070 save file option issues solved

I dont't see the options for file type

Hello,

I just bought an HP Scanjet 4070. After I install it and HP Image Zone v.4.0 that comes with the scanner, I don't see the options for choosing save file type, such as TIFF, etc. It automatically saves the scanned photos to JEPG. How I can change the option, and saved location?

Are you using the HP Image Zone, or other software to support the different file types?

Thanks very much.

R

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-scanjet-4070-save-file-option-issues-solved.27899/
Relevancy 10.75%

Been following the posts concerning the Asus K NE-Deluxe mb and solved.... XP; Drives SATA & for and problem My K8NE-Deluxe now disappearing SATA drives In Oct I purchased from Newegg my Asus K NE-Deluxe motherboard with the Nvidia GForce chipset One morning not more than a month after purchasing the board I turned on the computer and it failed to find any of my SATA drives in the box During POST it appeared as if the onboard SATA controller had died as POST simply sat at the point where it was trying to identify the two SATA drives in my system After about a minute it simply moved on during POST and tried to bring up the system SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP; My problem solved.... for now which obviously it failed to do because the SATA boot drive was no where to be seen Thinking that there had been a SATA controller failure I RMAed the board back to newegg which they promptly replaced After installing the replacement board everything worked fine until this morning when I discovered during POST that the exact same problem had occured again Instead of tearing down the system and RMAing the board again I unhooked the SATA cables from the onboard SATA connections and then tried configuring a standard EIDE hard drive to the Primary IDE controller on the board Well that worked as the board POSTED just fine except for the SATA drives so I knew that the board was at least salvageble with EIDE drives I thought about purchasing another mb from another vendor such as MSI but I noticed after searching the SATA issue on google that other folks with boards from other vendors using the Nvidia GForce chipset were having the same problem with SATA drives including a board from MSI Hmmmm So I figured that perhaps something was going on with SATA deep in the BIOS So before going and reinstalling XP and my complete system to the working EIDE drive on the primary controller I thought I monkey around in the BIOS of this Asus board I discovered in this AMI Bios Asus revision under Advanced Chipset a selection called Onboard Device This selection contains two options for SATA One is called Silicon Image Mode the other option is called Internal SATA IDE Interface The Asus mb book defines the selection Silicon Image Mode this way quot Allows you to disable or set the onboard Silicon Image RAID controller mode quot Since I am not running a RAID I decided to disable this setting The other setting I left enabled Internal SATA IDE Interface After saving the settings and restarting the computer I was amazed when the damned SATA drives were identified during POST and the system started normally It appears there is a problem with SATA and the Nvidia chipset when running a RAID and there very well may be a problem when implementing the Silicon Image driver with the chipset and XP Don t know But I hope my very simple solution can help others with this frustrating problem that I had nbsp

A:SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP; My problem solved.... for now

Perfect, thanx I'm gonna give this a try. I've got a Gigabyte 7N400 pro mb but it's got Nvida onboard and the problem looks very familiar. Keep you posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drives-and-k8ne-deluxe-xp-my-problem-solved-for-now.19709/
Relevancy 36.12%

The successor to the now legendary MX 700 has been revealed.

http://img16.exs.cx/img16/8692/mx-1000.jpg

FEATURES:

* MX Laser Engine provides 20 x times the tracking power of optical

* a built-in lithium-ion battery & rapid-charging base station

* Fast RF cordless delivers cordless performance that equals USB corded connection

* New thumb-button controls include universal page forward and back buttons and application switch to quickly move between open windows

* Illuminated 4-level batt indicator precisely monitors batt strength

* Wheel tilts for side-to-side scrolling, zoom with a click of the wheel

* Cruise Control rocker for speed scrolling up and down

* Deep-sculpted thumb support for incredible comfort, outside finger grips enhance control

In case my trusty MX 700 breaks, I will without a doubt get MX 1000.

A:Logitech MX 1000 - First Laser Mouse!

More photos:

http://img13.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...04_08_28007.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9&...04_08_28009.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9&...04_08_28010.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9&...04_08_28012.jpg

and here:

http://www.free.free.fr/sys/MX1000/ <--- Also includes a short video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mx-1000-first-laser-mouse.15092/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys,
Im looking to buy a nice B&W A4 laser printer for my office.
Im after a network one so that it doesnt need to be connected to a pc.

Other things that are important.
- Good toner life
- Reliable
- Good warranty

Anyone reccommend one?

Cheers

A:Advice On Laser Printer

I have used a HP LaserJet 1100 very successfully for 4 years now, without it ever giving a problem. The latest model I think is the Laserjet 1200. It does about 4000 pages per toner-refill.

Also Brother HL-1440 is a very good one (try Amazon.co.uk)

Rather than spending the money on a network-capable printer, buy a separate dedicated print-server like Netgear PS110 which can connect 2 printers to your network via the hub/switch.
I use that for my network at home with the above LaserJet and a colour Deskjet. Very easy to install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-laser-printer.7460/
Relevancy 36.55%

Does anyone know of websites that specialize in reviewing laser printers? Other than Cnet, that is. I am looking for a close to entry level laser that is standard equiped with duplex (two-sided) printing capabilities.

Only two I have identified so far are the Samsung ML-2151N and Brother 1850.

A:Laser Printer Reviews

Tom's Hardware typically reviews a wide variety of hardware, and has many good links. I've not seen laser printers in there, but I've never exactly looked that way either. Google can also be your friend- just be wary of the source.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laser-printer-reviews.7220/
Relevancy 9.46%

Codec Blues Ok Phantazmm takes a small break from work with the partial purpose of catching up on some TV he hasn t had the time to get through Using Pack Blues with Codec solved Nimo Codec Kazaa IRC and so forth he collects well over GB of quot Friends quot Codec Blues solved with Nimo Codec Pack quot Enterprise quot quot Deep Space Nine quot episodes as well as a number of movies With crisps nuts donuts and milk shakes at the ready he settles down in from of the entertainment system that has his PC at its heart and fires up some stuff Most of the movies are fine being encoded with Divx for video and mp for audio But when he comes to lots of the series episodes there is a problem Often the video stream has been encoded with Divx but the audio stream is some other unknown codec When he tries to play it Windows Media Player cries out about contacting a codec server and even goes through the pretense of downloading the appropriate codec Which of course does not work This is made even more frustrating because when Phantazmm examines what the avi reckons its audio codec was its labelled quot Windows Media Audio V quot Now one would expect that to play in Windows Media Player under XP with pretty much no problems eh Well you would be surprised So does this spoil Phantazmm s holiday when he can t find out if Rachel has that baby in the final ep of friends season or whether the Dominion win in Deep Space Nine Of course not He has the fortune to find the quot Nimo Codec Pack quot http nimo everwicked com which offers nearly all of the video and audio codecs a chappie will ever need He did uninstall Divx and its Player bits and bobs first Nimo adds it again but Phantazmm redownloaded the latest version and reinstalled afterward He is now very happy to be able to report that indeed the Dominion are given a kicking at the end of Deep Space Nine http nimo everwicked com nbsp

A:Codec Blues solved with Nimo Codec Pack

I had such a problem with the Red Dwards episodes. Papa directed me to that pack, I didn't know about it before that.:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/codec-blues-solved-with-nimo-codec-pack.1710/
Relevancy 10.75%

I recently had this error message pop up when I started some apps on my computer (including Teamviewer and Skype)

The procedure entry point NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

I found a solution after some Googling. I thought I'd post what I found.

The problem may start after installing some Android related software on your PC (Samsung Kies or in, my case, I had installed the Android upgrade package for phone on my PC)

To fix the problem, I uninstalled the software and renamed C:\WINDOWS\system32\avrt.dll to avrt.dll.old. Life is good again

A:[solved] NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in library ntdll.dll

<-- for effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-ntalpcsendwaitreceiveport-could-not-be-located-in-library-ntdll-dll.192364/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have the AMD 64 processor in my computer. I also have Adobe's version 10 Shockwave plug-in. The processor doesn't seem to get along with the plug-in, and, especially after logging onto Facebook, Windows would not shut down. The plug-ins were the reason. Once I disabled them, shut down, and start up again; no problems...until the next time I use them.

Adobe hasn't resolved this issue with the AMD processor yet, but at least I can get my Windows to shut down by disabling the Shockwave plug-in through Mozilla Firefox.

A:Partly Solved: Windows won't shut down; AMD processor installed

Don't know about Shockwave, but there sure are a lot of programs that must be tweeked for 64 bit...
and Adobe has had so many problems lately with all those many upgrades to fix a problem here and a problem there.
Have you looked at the Adobe site ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partly-solved-windows-wont-shut-down-amd-processor-installed.149360/
Relevancy 9.46%

After a Windows 7 "Update", (not sure which or when), my on-screen keyboard popped an error when I tried to use it: "A referral was returned from the server." After looking online for too long, I found Microsoft saying "Try to see (by trial and error) which update is causing it." ?? Not an answer. I was hoping for "Oh, uninstall this update." Neither was System Restore a good option. Finally found what worked after seeing ALL (on-screen keyboard, magnifier, narrator) had the same error. Finally found what worked, was shutting off User Access Control. That worked for me since I'm not a newbie, but may not work for others that are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-windows-7-update-ease-of-access-inop-solved.207481/
Relevancy 10.75%

Spent about 6 hours today trying to figure out why my zune software stopped working on start up. With constant errors I had to think back what I changed.

Changing some hardware can pose a drm issue with zune. In my case I turned hyperthreading off during some overclock testing and this fooled zune into thinking I had a different cpu.

Just wanted to log the issue here just in case anyone ever had a similar issue.

A:Zune software and Hyperthreading issue (solved)

This is why I still buy CDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-software-and-hyperthreading-issue-solved.144008/
Relevancy 11.18%

I have never encountered this issue and have no usually after PC gaming [Solved] freezes, idea what to do or think I have an ASUS DirectCU II R X card [Solved] PC freezes, after gaming usually I have it installed in [Solved] PC freezes, after gaming usually a Gateway DX motherboard with A - and GB RAM Everything is powered by a Watt cooler master PSU Everything has been running well until a couple of days ago Then I noticed the video wouldn t wake up from sleep I ve had that problem across many computers before so I wasn t all too worried Then my PSU died I had a thermaltake TR watt then So I exchanged it as I only bought it the of day before The other worked fine but I started getting freezes Usually after I put a strain on the video card like gaming for an hour or so I d finish the game and return to desktop and everything would freeze I thought that maybe the power supply was faulty again So I went and returned it and got the CM one But the problem is still the same I d play for a while exit and as soon as I reach the desktop everything freezes I know that it is possible that it s the video card that is faulty But I am also thinking that maybe fingers crossed that the mobo I got is just unable to handle this card Maybe it s just unable to deliver enough power through PCI-E that this card needs I have a spare HD that works just fine but it s not really the same power draw as r x so I don t think the results would be a proof of anything Another thing I did notice is that when I had installed and played Guild Wars I had no problem maintaining FPS but with this card on the same settings I dropp to mid s in many places Anyway What is the most likely cause Video card or just a crap of a mobo considering it s from a pre-built PC Sorry the pics are a bit fuzzy I have very shaky hands and this is the best I could do nbsp

A:[Solved] PC freezes, after gaming usually

Apparently if I play a game in windowed mode the computer does not freeze after I quit the game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pc-freezes-after-gaming-usually.203699/
Relevancy 10.75%

I see many people with many types of computers have a similar problem
Thier system powers up with no beeps, no keyboard, no post no usb or no video

The new power packs 350w 450w 500w coming from China have a tiny slide switch Red or Black on the face plate below the power cord.
It is set to 230V by default , which creates the above problems
By swtiching it to 115V everything should boot normal

I have never seen anyone supply this answer on forums.

It answers many of people who encounter this today

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-no-post-no-video-no-beep.156477/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi Guys I cam accross this problem in a client s house a few days ago It read quot You are connected to the access point but internet can not be found quot After i re-installed the OS for her computer I tried everything from winsock fix Re-installing OS twice Re-installing IE Changing settings around a zillion times I had repaired and ran point, connected found be the but are access internet to You Problem not can Solved! several diagnostics and everything checked out Her other two computers had been set up by her ISP and those worked So after a few look her and there I checked teh router settings and the settings were all ok but it turned out that the router is in deed defective I did not have to replace the router because teh router works but the DNS portion was the problem IP address and DNS Problem Solved! You are connected to the access point, but internet can not be found were set up for automatic I changed DNS from auto to manual and punched in and at the buttom note that my router is netgear I disconnected and re-connected and boom i am now receiviong packets LOL This took me days to figure out for being soemthing so simple I wanted to share because alot of people have been having this problem and there are severall fixes to it Some people had to chnage it all to automatic and it fixed itself but mine was somewhat the oposite nbsp

A:Problem Solved! You are connected to the access point, but internet can not be found

Thanks for the update. We all have those frustrating problems with networks... when the solution is finally apparenty and the fix is quick.
Is there a Tech site for network connections and setups. I have never bothered to look for one, but I sure need one sometimes/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-you-are-connected-to-the-access-point-but-internet-can-not-be-found.108611/
Relevancy 10.75%

After spending days fussing with archives options and some command line options I found this info which soved my problem which only appears in outlook for me R can occur with any C library or application distributed by MS Symptom Double clicking the icon starts outlook the window appears with the default view then depending upon the size of your PST file the error message appears After clicking ok outlook disappears HOW TO FIX ONLY IN OUTLOOK insert ms office cd go to E PFILES MSOFFICE OFFICE where E is your drive letter error 2000, MS pure virtual (solved) Office R6025 and copy files quot OUACTRL OCX quot quot MS Office 2000, error R6025 pure virtual (solved) OUTLACCT DLL quot quot OUTLAS DLL quot quot OUTLCTL DLL quot quot OUTLLIB DLL quot quot OUTLMIME DLL quot quot OUTLOOK quot quot OUTLOOK TUW quot quot OUTLRPC DLL quot quot OUTLVBS DLL And paste in to C Program Files Microsoft Office Office where C is your drive letter and to stop the error reapering dont alter the Virtual memory nbsp

A:MS Office 2000, error R6025 pure virtual (solved)

Good work. Thanks for the relevant post which will be very helpful for all of us who service a number of comptuers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-office-2000-error-r6025-pure-virtual-solved.75038/
Relevancy 39.99%

Disconnecting and reconnecting (not the modem.. its the software)

My computer had a virus, and i was tryin to get rid of it.. kind of a long story. I had a process called services.exe from win.ini C:\windows\inet10009\services.exe. It showed up as a 'F1' in hijackthis. But i got rid of that with Win Tasks pro, well i think I did. Now the problem is .. i dton know if its with the whole connection or aim itself, but it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting. I reinstalled the software and everything. It is still doing the same thing.. is there a way i can find out if its just aim or all my programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-and-reconnecting.39912/
Relevancy 11.18%

OK firstly here s how I solved my annoying little OS glitches I re-installed XP and my drivers put my core programs back in brought the windows updates up to date and tweaked it to the way I wanted I imaged the drive with Acronis TrueImage and created a boot CD It problems one!) for solved My (except now takes me just mins to reinstall an entire XP Pro O S fully updated As for booting into DOS with access to all Win XP files aquire a full retail version of NTFSPRO by Winternals and create the boot disks Take one Windows startup disk and boot the machine with it Take your NTFSPRO boot disks and run the program Voila This My problems solved (except for one!) will allow you to get rid of any annoying My problems solved (except for one!) virii that your AV can t delet e File in use etc etc NB this will give you read access to your CD drives also and access to the win setup utilities such as Fdisk I My problems solved (except for one!) m pretty sure that Format will only be able to format a drive in FAT though Now here s my only problem I m trying to make my desktop pleaing to the eye As you know Dragging My Computer to the edge of the desktop and releasing it creates a nice long toolbar on the side of the desktop with all your drives on it However it is currently a horrible grey colour on my machine Is there any way in which I can change the colour to match the taskbar and lock it so that the icons are unmoveable nbsp

A:My problems solved (except for one!)

Having read through most of your posting, I think I can safely say one thing.

I remember distinctly being at the stage with my computing that you are now.

All I really have to say is to keep doing things like that, working with the computer and enjoying solving these problems and you will find that it leads you on a very interesting journey. Keep experimenting and playing! Best wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-problems-solved-except-for-one.9478/
Relevancy 10.75%

I'm trying to install Itunes 12 onto my system, which operates on Windows 7 (64 bit).

Installation was successful, but it refuses to open.

I tried uninstalling/repairing the program, but am unsuccessful.

Solutions?

A:iTunes 12 does not open in Windows (SOLVED)

Solved it. Went on this link....

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6562

....and downloaded the version for older graphics cards. Working now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-12-does-not-open-in-windows-solved.213392/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi First time here as many I think so Hello again First of all I'm French well excuse me for my sadly bad english I've seen many BSOD marked as answered so I'm trying here 'cause I've exhausted all my skills Bug Description Before wiping win BSOD and freeze time to time on on 0x124 [SOLVED] BSOD Steam/Game WebBrowsing log on screen Steam Description Always BSOD hal dll hal x A B After wiping Win - BSOD on The Witcher only [SOLVED] BSOD 0x124 on Steam/Game game reinstalled almost everytime same same moment same moment And everytime on Steam in any game description Clicking on game video charging sec and freeze or BSOD Background I have performed a new Windows Ultimate x SP installation days ago and still nothing What [SOLVED] BSOD 0x124 on Steam/Game I have tried - MemTest with solo memory and with both memory - OCCT for GPU CPU Power Supply - Hd Tune for SSD HDD - Almost all drivers up to date not all but GPU SDD Firmware BIOS and some others - Up to date Win - Tried uplug all component [SOLVED] BSOD 0x124 on Steam/Game except SSD OS and the BSOD was still there but many minutes later as usual - Change RAM slot and playing with ram only - no Overcloking performed - fan speed and heat never go higher than Celsius for GPU and C for CPU on stress mode - Safe Mode and no freeze on Steam althrough I can test The Witcher on Safe mode Config and questions MB MSI Z -G GAMING MS- CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Ram G Skill de Go PC - Power Supply Seasonic Platinium w Modular SSD Samsung SSD EVO G SCSI Disk Device HDD ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Device en NTFS DVD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- DB SCSI CdRom Device Network Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Windows Ultimate -bit OS - Windows or Vista x -bit or x x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem No no OS originaly installed Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Approximate age of system hardware year Approximate age of OS installation if you know Before clean install year after days D Have you re-installed the OS Yes System Manufacturer French Manufacturer Laptop or Desktop Desktop I'm really need help on this one and I hope I have created the thread like you want Say anything and I'll correct without questionning it

A:[SOLVED] BSOD 0x124 on Steam/Game

is your system overclocked?

is this a legit version of windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-0x124-on-steam-game-998106.html
Relevancy 10.75%

hello IT pros unfortunately i get a BSOD from time to time on my laptop the error s turn up randomly sometimes when i'm not even 0x0000000a random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 [SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL around or just browsing the web i have this problem since i installed windows so there is no other [SOLVED] random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 older working restore point harddrive seems fine chkdsk gave no errors also i tried different drivers no luck so far also there is [SOLVED] random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 no newer BIOS OS - Windows x -bit or x x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem Windows Is the OS an OEM version i purchased it from retailer Approximate age of system less than year old laptop os installed months ago Have you re-installed the OS yes CPU Intel i - M Video Card Intel HD MotherBoard Acer Aspire E - System Manufacturer Acer Exact model number Aspire E - SysnativeBSODCollectionApp exe stops working here after quot Autoruns D O N E quot it's coming up with quot Waiting for SystemInfo quot every secs forever i tried twice with the same result So i zipped manually what was done so far any help is highly appreciated thanks in advance thomas

A:[SOLVED] random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

Hi,

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Code:

1: kd> .trap 0xfffff880089cd8c0
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88002f00180
rdx=fffffa800b072fe0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800032dbe52 rsp=fffff880089cda50 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=fffffa8009d9bc40 r10=fffffa8009d9bc40
r11=fffff880089cdae0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po cy
nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+0x42:
fffff800`032dbe52 488b3f mov rdi,qword ptr [rdi] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Failure moving the contents of the rdi register into rdi, this makes no sense of course.

1. In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

2. Uninstall KProcessHacker as it's likely conflicting with TrueCrypt.

Code:

1: kd> lmvm auuzplzn
start end module name
fffff880`085ad000 fffff880`085fe000 auuzplzn (deferred)
Image path: auuzplzn.SYS
Image name: auuzplzn.SYS
Timestamp: Tue Sep 10 09:56:12 2013
No idea what this driver is, and there's no documentation regarding it. Run a Malwarebytes free scan:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-random-bsod-irql_not_less_or_equal-0x0000000a-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-905114.html
Relevancy 10.75%

Today for the first time i got the BSOD.
My pc is desktop running windows 7 64-bit.
I have Norton v11 antivirus protection and google chrome web browser.
80GB hard disk, MSI motherboard, 1GB RAM, (If you need further info please ask me)

I unable to read the Blue screen as it appears for 2 seconds (the line which i see is dumping physical memory but not sure)
and then my pc restarts and i got this message

Windows has recovered from an Unexpected shutdown

Problem signature:
Problem event name: Blue screen
OS version : 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional Info about this problem:

BCCode : 3b
BCP1 : 00000000C0000005
BCP2 : FFFFFF960002E03D6
BCP3 : FFFFFF8800279DD70
BCP4 : 0000000000000000

OS Version:6_1_7600
product:256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
c;\windows\Minidump\052715-35786-01.dmp
c:\Users\star\Appdata\local\Temp\WER-106439-0.sysdata.xml

Note: But when i try to open minidump it shows access denied. I dont know what to do..
Please help me

A:[SOLVED] BSOD! Event ID:1033

Hi,

Please follow the instructions here >> Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista and post the required logs.

I would think that 1GB ram is woefully inadequate for 64 bit Windows 7, you really should get more.

You can use the scanner here to see upgrade options.

Welcome to Crucial USA

Also, Norton products are renowned for bogging down system resources. I would advise you remove it temporarily for the purpose of analysis,

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product

Replace with,

Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-event-id-1033-a-999442.html
Relevancy 10.75%

About a month ago, I started getting regular BSODs. It seems like I tried every quick-fix that I know. I ran Microsoft security essentials and Malwarebytes. I ran windows update. Manually updated most of my drivers. Removed the video card. Finally, I replaced the RAM.

At this point, I tried looking at the dump files and quickly realized that I am past my abilities. I have attached the dmp files and I am wondering if someone could give me insight on what they mean.
Currently, I suspect my problem could be one of the following.
*bad driver that I failed to update
*virus that I didn't find
*hardware malfunction

One last thing, every time my computer has BSOD, I have been running google chrome. This could be a red-herring because I almost always have something open in chrome.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1CGiUDUZ9gpflZUZVJiRWtkVHlIc3NfRFlrTDFOSWUtdkhFZ0VQMktidVBEaFNnNVdpLVU&usp=sharing

A:[SOLVED] BSOD mystery. ntoskrnl.exe?

Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-mystery-ntoskrnl-exe-996418.html
Relevancy 11.18%

Hi During this week I been having BSODs I installed Windows and all the updates Drivers from the manufacturers and some Apps games Verifier [SOLVED] BSOD others and furmark prime Ccleaner Visual Studio etc It is a clean Windows Install I [SOLVED] Verifier BSOD and others dont know what triggers them I tried to run a Verifier but I have an exception DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER I'm a rookie using and understanding Windbg but what I saw in the last BSOD have something to do with HIDD sys but Im not sure that is the end of the problem Attached too I put the previous two BSODs that could give us more info about what is going on Regarding step OS Windows x -bit or x x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem New installation Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer I bought it from Windows Store digital download Approximate age of system hardware Months Approximate age of OS installation if you know day Have you re-installed the OS No CPU AMD FX- Video Card ATI AMD Radeon HD R X MotherBoard ASUS M A X EVO R Power Supply - Sentey W System Manufacturer No idea I purchase it in a tech store already with its parts I made some modifications like put a water cooling instead of the air cooling But in short it says quot To be filled by OEM quot Laptop or Desktop Desktop I did memtest passes advanced settings default cache No errors sfc scannow with errors and then Dism restore health Everything fine I did a chkdisk No errors Regarding Step I cant run a Driver Verifier as one of them is the offending driver and I cant log in I have to quot kill quot verifier with verifier reset on safe mode In the meantime I will check this carrona page PD I also put a rar archive with other BSODs that I had before the Sysnative In case you want to see them

A:[SOLVED] Verifier BSOD and others

Update:

I ran Memtest86+, 3 passes : No errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-verifier-bsod-and-others-989513.html
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had seven BSODs since all of them happening when the laptop is going into sleep mode I say there have been seven because I have found seven dmp files since Each of them are for IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL with check code x a The driver is ntoskrnl exe for each of these I am not aware of any changes that I have made to this laptop There definitely have not been any hardware changes e g changes to RAM or hard drive made It's possible some new drivers could have been added due to things plugged in via USB but Sleep [SOLVED] when - BSOD entering Laptop Win7 mode there is nothing specific that comes to mind It doesn't BSOD every time it goes to sleep This laptop is used daily and typically it is put to sleep by closing the lid at the end of the day Then it is wakened by opening the lid in the morning It may go to sleep itself through the day if there is no activity for two hours Typically a full shutdown and startup is done about once a week It does not get moved around to different locations very frequently This has been the case for the last several years I really appreciate any suggestions so I can fix this and trust the laptop going to sleep again Here are answers to the questions and I have uploaded the perfmon and the Sysnative files per the instructions OS - Windows or Vista Windows Home Premium SP x -bit or x x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem This is the original OS Is the [SOLVED] BSOD Win7 Laptop - when entering Sleep mode OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or [SOLVED] BSOD Win7 Laptop - when entering Sleep mode full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It's OEM - came installed on the system Approximate age of system hardware Three years old Approximate age of OS installation if you know Same - three years old Have you re-installed the OS No CPU Intel Core i M GHz GHz Video Card Intel HD Graphics MotherBoard if NOT a laptop Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop System Manufacturer Dell Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Inspiron N Laptop or Desktop Laptop

A:[SOLVED] BSOD Win7 Laptop - when entering Sleep mode

Hi -

Remove Winpcap or try updating the program installation -

Code:
npf.sys Fri Jun 25 12:50:58 2010 (4C24DE72)
Driver Reference Table - npf.sys

Winpcap seems to be the culprit in your latest round of BSODs.

Norton would be next on my probable cause list.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-win7-laptop-when-entering-sleep-mode-939698.html
Relevancy 11.18%

On WIN XP SP3 and WIN 7 Pro, I cannot copy a .WMV file from a CD to either my hard drive or to a flash drive. I have successfully copied many other .WMV file from this CD. I have successfully played the file in question. The file is 50MB in size.

Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Cannot copy file

Since you've copied from the disc before, I'm assuming it's not protected. Since you played it, I'm assuming the disc isn't damaged. How did you attempt to copy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-copy-file-1016962.html
Relevancy 10.75%

I freshly installed Windows XP x64 SP2 on my computer and I am working on getting a few things to work correctly. A couple issues I would like to address are the following:

Some things online don't load correctly. Some websites don't load at all. I think I need to update at least flash and java, but the download page for flash does not load. It acts as though I'm offline. I can download installers for java, but neither the online or offline installers will even run on my computer. Click them and it just sits there as if they were not clicked at all. Can someone give me a hint? Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] New install not fully functional XP x64 SP2

Make sure to use a browser that is still supported on XP. So, while IE is a great browser, best to use something that will support it like Chrome, FF, or others.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-new-install-not-fully-functional-xp-x64-sp2-1014594.html
Relevancy 10.75%

In my documents I have a file called cascading style sheet document. When I click on it there are several note pad icons with blue cogs on. I cannot properly decipher the text because it is in computer speak. But it is something to do with something I bought online years ago. Why is it there? I have bought a lot of things on line but I do not have cascading files for any other purchases.
How did this file get into my documents? Can I delete it? What are cascading style sheet documents?Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Cascading Style Sheet Documents

CSS is a style sheet language used for website design. Can you post an example of one of the documents?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cascading-style-sheet-documents-1016970.html
Relevancy 10.75%

Hello all,
I am working on an HP computer that was once used in a school setting.
My friend purchased this computer at a school auction and was hoping to install her old WindowsXP HDD into this machine. However, when the computer boots with her hard drive all seems to be working until I am presented with a screen which requires a series of nine boxes requiring six digits each (this number sequence is supplied by Microsoft).

Upon entering the digits, it instructs me to call Microsoft or attempt an online fix. Calling Microsoft only yields the response: ?I am sorry but we do not support WindowsXP anymore. We suggest you upgrade to Windows8?). This computer belongs to an 85 year old individual that is fairly confident with WindowsXP and will not be using this computer for online activity.

Just wondering if there was any solution to the hard drive transplant dilemma.
Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Hard Drive Transplant

The nine boxes are the product key for the version of XP that is installed. You will need the product key that is on a sticker on the computer the HDD came from to Activate it.
If you are typing in this product key from that computer and it is not activating, then you will need to reinstall Windows XP from a CD. You can get retail CD version of XP from Ebay. Or try Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-hard-drive-transplant-1007986.html
Relevancy 10.75%

When I click m3u to play the mp3 playlist I get Windows- no disk message here-

What is causing it and how to prevent that message ?

The m3u is associated to open vlc player program.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Click m3u get Windows- no disk message

Hi, please see this Why won't .m3u files play in WMP? - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-click-m3u-get-windows-no-disk-message-1015522.html
Relevancy 10.75%

I have a situation which create trouble for me.

There is a virus creates a lot of duplicate in any pendrive when it connect to pc.

So I wish to have a batch file to search and delete every that file from usb drive without using window search

Can anyone help me on that?

eg. filename is lpk.dll

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] H>Deleting every same file in sub folder in drive

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

First, you need to stop the virus in its tracks:

Please read all of the following instructions found here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs in a new thread: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Please note that the virus team is very busy and will get to you in due time. If you do not get a reply within 72 hours then you may bump the post.

Do not post any logs here!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-h-deleting-every-same-file-in-sub-folder-in-drive-1008770.html
Relevancy 10.75%

A new problem where I cannot log in to my computer. When I boot it asks for username and password. I never set it up like this. Anyways, I put Administrator for username and leave password blank because I never set one. It starts logging in, says logging in, then says logging out, and I'm back to it asking for login info.

I tried connecting to the registry remotely, but it cannot find my computer and I can't change any network settings or any other settings because I can't get it to fully load windows, but only to the login screen. Even safe mode acts the same. What can I do?

A:[SOLVED] Auto logout right away after boot and login

Do you have another user login?
If you have been using the Admin login as you main login, and that has become corrupted, then you cannot login to your computer. You should always use a different user profile to login in case it becomes corrupted.
You will need an XP Disc. Boot off of that and try a Repair Install.
This will not change any of your files or programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-auto-logout-right-away-after-boot-and-login-1006906.html
Relevancy 10.75%

Weird. I click 'start', and point to 'all programs', and an error box comes up.. "windows explorer has encountered a problem..." the box that gives you the buttons 'debug', 'send error report', and 'don't send'. I click 'debug' button and it seems like explorer.exe refreshes. Can anyone tell me how to fix this so that my 'all programs' in the start menu will work? Maybe a registry error or .dll error? Other details under 'error signature': AppName explorer.exe ModName shell32.dll

Windows XP 64-bit

A:[SOLVED] Point to 'All Programs' &gt; Win Explorer problem box

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a desktop shortcut to your Programs Directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-point-to-all-programs-and-gt-win-explorer-problem-box-1003738.html
Relevancy 11.18%

Was tired of having to hit enter at the windows log on screen, decided to run the user passwords2 and uncheck the box so I can save time logging in, after reboot system now has locked me out completely asking for a admin password which does not exist, the only way I could get back into my laptop was thru safemode and then do a system restore. Not sure why this happened. Now I am back to the same issue of having to hit enter to log on. Any ideas as to why?

A:[SOLVED] Locked out...

Is the password that is being asked by Windows or before Windows loads?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-locked-out-1005946.html
Relevancy 11.18%

I have a friend that has a 10 year old Dell with XP and I am sure he hasn't kept it up dated. Can it still be updated through Microsoft? I know they are no longer putting out new updates.

A:[SOLVED] Old XP updates

Go to: Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows
and scroll down to WindowsXP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-old-xp-updates-1002274.html
Relevancy 10.75%

Hello everyone An elderly relative of mine recently fell for the 'this is Microsoft and your computer has a virus' phone call scam She gave them remote access to her PC and when she didn't pay they essentially locked her out I now have her machine and am trying to undo the damage First they put on a start up sys key password which I have managed to remove Where I'm having trouble is that they also added an extra administrator account or just renamed her account to Compaq Administrator With some software on a bootable CD I have reset the passwords on all accounts on this machine to lt blank gt I checked and re-checked that the passwords were set to lt blank gt However when I reboot the login screen for just the Compaq Scam, Two [SOLVED] Microsoft Accounts Administrator Administrator account comes up and still tells me to enter the correct password They put the password hint as 'asdf' which of course is the first four keys [SOLVED] Microsoft Scam, Two Administrator Accounts on the middle row of the left side of the keyboard just for their convenience I guess So I'm stuck Her machine is an old Compaq desk top that runs Windows XP Media Center Edition I am trying to preserve her data obviously but also her OS I can retrieve her data but she does not have rescue restore disks to re-install her OS I don't remember seeing a restore option in the HD itself while in safe mode She can't ever seem to afford a new PC so I have been keeping this one alive and kicking for her for years I would appreciate any suggestions thank you -

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Scam, Two Administrator Accounts

In "Computer" is there a D:? It could be a recovery partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-scam-two-administrator-accounts-986137.html
Relevancy 11.18%

Hi I Dual Booting 7 Win XP Win and [SOLVED] have a computer that was originally an XP then my son removed the hdd with xp put in a new hdd and installed Windows He bought himself a new computer so he gave us his old computer and put the XP hdd back on it He kept the as an external for his new computer since he had programs [SOLVED] Dual Booting Win 7 and Win XP on there that he didn't want to lose Just lately he decided to also give us the Windows hdd so we unplugged the xp and installed the into the computer There are a few games on the xp my husband really likes so I thought it would be a good idea to have both OSs in the computer at one time I've heard that you can dual boot and when the computer is loading you get a screen that asks which OS you want to boot from I have not noticed this dual boot screen coming up what do I need to do to get this so we can choose which OS we want to boot from Note Neither OS has been recently installed the xp was original to the computer and the was installed on it's hdd about years ago Thanks so much in advance for you time and assistance

A:[SOLVED] Dual Booting Win 7 and Win XP

When yuo boot the computer, which OS comes up?
To easily dual boot use Easy BCD. You add whichever OS is not booting the computer. When you restart, you will get a Boot menu of which OS you would like to boot into.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dual-booting-win-7-and-win-xp-984409.html
Relevancy 10.75%

Hello everyone-I pray that you will be able to help me.

I uninstalled an AV from my wife's computer and now it is hopelessly unable to connect to the internet.

It sees the router but will not connect-instead endlessly trying to "Acquire network address."

I tried renewing the connection ipconfig, etc, etc. I am just lost.

I have spent days trying to fix this, downloading about 40 different programs and drivers from dell to no avail. I beg of you to help me end this madness.

Her computer is a dell Inspiron Mini 10 running XP SP3.

Please let me know any information you need to know to help.

As a side note, her PC takes 5 minutes to show a taskbar in safe and regular mode. This also occurred after uninstalling bitdefender.

Thank you so much.

A:[SOLVED] Acquiring network address nightmare

Hi Ouchybird and Welcome to TSF.

This used to be a common Bitdefender problem.

In the Run Box, type cmd and hit the Enter key.

At the command prompt, type netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter.

Restart your computer. This should resolve your internet issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-acquiring-network-address-nightmare-986241.html
Relevancy 11.18%

Are PC is pretty old and today it shut off on my dad. I just turned it on and a black screen came up with a lot of text on it but couldn't really read it all. Just basic stuff I've seen before I guess.Managed to get to my desk top and was running ok for a few minuets plus didn't see anything else running in task manager so I don't think it's infected or anything. I think something's gone bad. What should I check out first? And if we just get a new pc what's a way I can get all my sketchup and pics? Am I going to just have to take it in? Would like to just fix it myself.

A:[SOLVED] Pc shutting off

A computer that shuts down on it's own is usually overheating. Or has a failing Power Supply Unit.
Shut down the computer and open the side up. Clean out all dust and blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Start the computer and boot into Setup (Bios) go to PC Health and look at the temperatures. And check voltages.
You should always have a current backup of files you can't live without. Get yourself a USB HDD and drag and drop your personal files, sketchup and pics to the external HDD. Or burn them to DVD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-pc-shutting-off-978458.html
Relevancy 10.75%

My Windows XP pro computer is logging me off, going into standby or locking EVEN though "Turn off hard disks", and "System Standby" are BOTH set to "Never"!!! it basically hides ALL my open windows, desktop icons, and the taskbar and the ONLY thing that is displayed is my wallaper, if I hit any key on my computer, it plays the "Windows logoff" sound and then returns to the lock screen where I must type my password again and then it plays the "Windows Logon" sound, NOT the "Start Windows" sound!!!.

the funny thing is that it DOESN'T play the Windows logoff sound UNTIL I hit a key on my computer, and it doesn't matter how long it has been sitting with just a wallpaper, same scenario EVERY TIME, same hit key and logoff sound SAME EVERYTHING!!! after re-logging-in, all my desktop icons and open windows are restored

A:[SOLVED] computer keeps going into standby/locking/logging me off even though set to

When logged in, right click a blank space on the Wallpaper desktop and choose Properties, go to the Screen Saver tab Uncheck On Resume Password Protect.
Click the Power button go to the Hybernate tab uncheck Enable Hibernation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-keeps-going-into-standby-locking-logging-me-off-even-though-set-to-978890.html
Relevancy 10.75%

I have a dell dimension 8400 pc. I had linux installed and now I want to install win xp. I removed linux and formatted the drive with ntfs. When I try to load win xp it says it can't find any hard drive. What can I do?

A:[SOLVED] won't recognize the hard drive

See the second post here Dimension 8400 XP install - Microsoft OS Forum - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wont-recognize-the-hard-drive-978426.html
Relevancy 11.18%

I understand that this topic might have been covered numerous times However after reading other posts I wanted to see if there are any fresh ideas USB Power Hub [SOLVED] Exceeded or fixes Thanks for taking the time to read my post Recently I've started having this USB power issue pop up on random computers So far it's happening on two HP Ultra Slim Desktops and two HP Probooks All of them are using Win XP and every one of them is a different model The I haven't yet been able to find a fix I first noticed the problem when trying to setup an XP PC with a rd display using an iOGear USB to VGA adapter I then noticed that not only would it not initialize the adapter due to the quot USB Hub Power Exceeded quot it would not initialize a USB flash driver either Peripherals such as mice and keyboards do not seem to be a problem The problem then popped up on a computer that was working without issue with a rd display attached via an iOGear USB VGA Adapter Suddenly it's having the same exact issues as the previous When asking the other tech around the office one had a notebook that has been doing this for months and another just started having the problem last week on a notebook Neither of these notebooks were are using a USB VGA Adapter The notebook that came down with the issue last week seemed to do so [SOLVED] USB Hub Power Exceeded right after some windows updates were installed These are the updates that I was able to find which were installed just prior to the issue starting KB KB KB KB KB KB KB [SOLVED] USB Hub Power Exceeded I did not see any driver update installation and there was no other software installed just prior I uninstalled each of these one by one and the issue remains I can tell you that all the normal suggestions have been tried and that quot you have too many things connected by USB quot and quot Hide the USB Hub Power Exceeded notification quot are neither the issue nor the solution I swapped the hard drive into a PC that I had tested to be [SOLVED] USB Hub Power Exceeded working properly and the issue followed That ruled out any hardware issues as far as I am concerned I checked several chipset driver versions and the problem didn't change I checked the BIOS for a setting to reconfigure the USB ports to function as USB ports However HP has a limited function BIOS on these machines so I was not able to adjust the USB function to allow Windows to use the native EHCI driver I've turned off any power management of the USB Root Hub s I've quot uninstalled quot the USB controllers and hubs through device manager and then let the system re-install after a restart I've checked the drivers that are being used for USB against other computers of the same models that are working properly and there doesn't appear to be a difference in the driver So I don't think that the drivers themselves have been updated or changed I am stumped Does anyone have any suggestions or hunches Please don't re-hash the usual suggestions from all the previous posts As I said I have tried all the typical suggestions Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and any useful suggestions you may have

A:[SOLVED] USB Hub Power Exceeded

The problem is in the error message. "USB Hub Power Exceeded". USB ports supply power but in some situations this is insufficient for normal operation. Try a powered hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-usb-hub-power-exceeded-767570.html
Relevancy 11.18%

Hello, I'm having a problem viewing members avatars on Firefox on one forum only.
It started yesterday for no apparent reason. I can see photos in posts but, not members avatars at least not most of them, two or three are visible.
Dumped my cache and history with no affect.
If I load IE I see all the avatars no problem, If I use my laptop no problem.
So I figure there's something wrong with the Firefox on my desktop but, haven't a clue how to fix it without deleted it and reloading. If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

A:[SOLVED] Unsure where to put this or if any can help

Do you see the avatars if you use IE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unsure-where-to-put-this-or-if-any-can-help-974241.html
Relevancy 11.18%

Hi guys
Just wondering is XP OS as secure with these new PosReady update, as it was before April 014 or the finishing Microsoft support of XP OS ,because I do most of my internet stuff at my local library which has far superior internet speed to my home computer internet set up, I was wondering Can you get these XP OS PosReady update on somebody else computer with another Ip address, and if you can where do you go to get the right security updates for your home computer also how do you back up service pack 3 including all security updates
Thanks guys for any info received !

A:[SOLVED] PosReady updates

With the XP POS update hack, you can continue to get updates for Windows XP. Since these updates are available only through Windows Update, you cannot download onto a different computer to install to your XP machine.
Windows XP is just as secure as it was before April, and will continue to be as secure as it was back then with the POS updates. In other words, not as secure as later versions of Windows, it will be vulnerable to new attacks, however, people who write viruses will be targeting newer version of Windows and probably not XP.
You do not need to backup Windows XP SP3, if you need to re-download it, get it here Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers from Official Microsoft Download Center it is still available and will be for quite some time.
If your Windows XP is updated and running well, you can make a Clone of it to a different HDD. If disaster strikes, or your C: drive fails, you can restore the Clone and be back in business.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-posready-updates-971977.html