Windows Support Forum

My Sound Blaster wirless doesn't work

Q: My Sound Blaster wirless doesn't work

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My Sound Blaster wirless doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.97%

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, on a hp Pavillion6000 laptop. The network adapter is a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG (it was stock with the computer).

I've never had problems with the network adapter before! It completely stopped working on all fronts. I tried updating and/or replacing the drivers, but there's one error that I keep getting no matter what I do (besides erasing it all together) when I look at it under Device Manager.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

That's it! It doesn't work at all! It won't update, I already tried manually downloading / installing drivers from Intel's website, and it's still messed up! I've spent hours trying to figure this out, and I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

- Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-adapter-doesnt-work-vista.807684/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I just installed a new mother board and cpu Its an ECS -A mother board with a AMD Sempron -bit CPU It s not the best but i was trying to save money Before I had a soyo and a AMD Athlon XP and i had the Sound Blaster Live Now with this ECS mb the sound card doesn t get detected anymore even in device manager I downloaded the new driver for the Sound Blaster Live from their official website and when I came to install it it said that there were no Sound Blaster cards detected on my computer even though it was securely pushed in IN a pci slot Then I decided that I don t need sound blaster so i installed the driver for the integrated sound card on my mb realtek AC- and everything LOOKS fine according to their program and the control panel sound and audio options but i dont receive any sound from anything at all I was planning on buying a NEW sound card but then i decided to test this Sound Blaster Live on my bro s computer Ironically it was detected on his ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird and now i m puzzled as why it wasn t detected on mine What solutions have I tried I installed numerous drivers for both the sound blaster and the integrated sound card repeatedly and there wasn t any hope I re-installed the OS twice I m willing to do a third though I don t know what else I can try can anyone help and please don t say the mother board Specs AMD Sempron -Bit CPU ghz ECS Elite Group -A Motherboard DDR Ram Geforce Ti Video Card nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/both-sound-blaster-live-5-1-and-integrated-sound-card-does-not-work.373704/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am so close to having my new audio system established On the headphone side all I need to do is place my order However I ve run into Z for 32x, card Sound PCI-E? (Will PCIE SBX Sound Blaster Vista work?) a bit of a snag considering the sound card I was Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?) originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones Exact card here the one with the external microphone since I ll need it Unfortunately this sound card specifies Windows and as supported operating systems I asked if it would still work for Vista but the other forum headphone forum seemed to think that it wouldn t unfortunately I m not looking to upgrade my OS As horrible and clunky as it is I ve made it work for me IF it would work with Vista than just let me know and read no further If not I d love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card I m looking for the best sound card possible given my physical and operational specs I have PCI-E slots x and x free and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x The card will support both gaming and music though I m more concerned with gaming than music at this point I m not looking to drop a bundle the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side but as high as or is acceptable Please let me know if you have any suggestions I m raring to place my orders haha nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-vista-32x-pci-e-will-sound-blaster-z-sbx-pcie-work.196149/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I just installed a new mother board and cpu Its an ECS -A mother board with a AMD Sempron -bit CPU It Sound Blaster Card Does Sound Live Both and Not 5.1 Integrated Work s not the best but i Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work was trying to save money Before I had a soyo and a AMD Athlon XP and i had the Sound Blaster Live Now with this ECS mb the sound card doesn t get detected anymore even in device manager I downloaded the new driver for the Sound Blaster Live from their official website and when I came to install it it said that there were no Sound Blaster cards detected on my computer even though it was Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work securely pushed in IN a pci slot Then I decided that I don t need sound blaster so i installed the driver for the integrated sound card on my mb realtek AC- and everything LOOKS fine according to their program and the control panel sound and audio options but i dont receive any sound from anything at all I was planning on buying a NEW sound card but then i decided to test this Sound Blaster Live on my bro s computer Ironically it was detected on his ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird and now i m puzzled as why it wasn t detected on mine What solutions have I tried I installed numerous drivers for both the sound blaster and the integrated sound card repeatedly and there wasn t any hope I re-installed the OS twice I m willing to do a third though I don t know what else I can try can anyone help and please don t say the mother board Specs AMD Sempron -Bit CPU ghz ECS Elite Group -A Motherboard DDR Ram Geforce Ti Video Card nbsp

A:Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work

Your Card

E-mail Teechnical Support for the Sound Blaster Card

http://us.creative.com/support/custsup/askus/emailform.asp

The problem might just be the new board, it may not support the sound card, or maybe it really isn't plugged in all the way.

Happened to me with my Firewire card took me forever to put the dump thing in I keep pushin and pushin, but not to hard because you'll break the card and you don't want to do that.

so just keep pushin slowly it may look like it is in but it probably really isn't

I hope creative can help you with your problem.

Or ot may be the new processor/ board combination, why didn't you just get the Atholon 64 instead of the Septeron 64.

I don't think many cards are compatible with that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/both-sound-blaster-live-5-1-and-integrated-sound-card-does-not-work.27123/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a ISA Sound Blaster 16 sound card. The card can successfully be setup for any programs in Windows, such as games, but when I run the same programs in pure MS-DOS mode(actually rebooting into DOS to run these programs), I run the same programs but with no sound. I looked and tried to setup my programs to use sound under DOS, but when I test my SB 16 in the setup.exe for the program, it fails!

Is SB 16 not naturally compatible with DOS? Or is there a driver I need specifically for DOS?

Relevancy 70.52%

hey my sound blaster live dosențt work at all it says that it is installed and everething seems fine ... just does not work

A:sound blaster live does not work

My Sound Blaster Audigy SE did not work under Seven either. I think it is too old, and there are not drivers for Vista or up.......

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/11586-sound-blaster-live-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hello all I have been having this problem for a long time Hope someone can provide me with some guidelines and suggestions I m using a Sound Blaster Live Blaster Live + don't Sound Speakers work 4.1 under XP Value sound card and PC-Works FourPointSurround FPS under WinXP Pro SP When I play mp or other media Sound Blaster Live + 4.1 Speakers don't work under XP files under winamp or WMP the sound output will become distorted occasionally a loud buzz sound that lasts for approximately second after the installation of the latest driver Sound Blaster Live - LiveDrvUni-Pack English dated Feb The sound card and speaker system work fine with the initial driver that comes with WinXP However the rear speakers cannot be recognized with that driver In order to take advantage of the full surround system I believe I must install the Creative package driver AudioHQ and etc I have also tried to install the driver and program AudioHQ Mixer and etc from the original CD that comes with the card However when I try to access AudioHQ it yields the error quot Fail to initialize Mixer quot and the program will shut down automatically It had worked in Win SE but it does not work for me under WinXP The new versions installed through Sound Blaster Live - LiveDrvUni-Pack English do not have these problems I have tried the following attempts but to no avail - set volume to different level - set Reverb and Chorus to different level under EAX Control Panel turned off all effects - change my latency level in CMOS - change the sound card to another PCI slot - reinstall all drivers including formatting the computer and reinstalling the whole system - set hardware acceleration both sound card and video card to different level - change the sample rate of my mouse - install sound driver provided by my motherboard manufacturer Unfortunately I do not believe there is any BIOS update available Specs of my comp ASUS P B -E Intel P DDR Ram Maxtor GB HDD WD GB HDD x RAID ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon a DVD-Rom and CD-Writer A point that I would like to stress again is that the sound system works perfectly without the latest driver when only the front speakers and sub-woofer function but I want to utilize all satellite speakers Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you very much Yours sincerely KOTRT nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Live + 4.1 Speakers don't work under XP

Curious, but you were able to get all speakers to work w/ Win98SE, but not now w/ XP, w/ all other variables the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-live-4-1-speakers-dont-work-under-xp.260137/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have been using Sound Blaster hardware and software. When I updated to Win 10 from Win 7 Professional, the software no longer worked. No driver for Win 10. So I installed Audigy FX and the new software also failed to work. So I then installed Sound Blaster Z. Same result.

The message I received stated " A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization runtime failed.

Other indication was that CTSUENG.ocx was not operating. I have had many contacts with Creative and the final recommendation was a CLEAN install of 10. I do not want to do that since my version of Quickbooks 2014 will not install under 10 even though it works fine now.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57877-sound-blaster-error-ctsueng-ocx-software-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 68.8%

- Windows SP - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy -bit - Creative drivers found at http support creative com Products D amp prodName Audigy amp subCatName Audigy amp CatName Sound Blaster amp VARSET Sound Microphone with Windows (FIX) won't 7 2 and (SB) RE: work Audigy Blaster prodfaq PRODFAQ VARSET CategoryID Although the web address above is wrapped here it should all be on one line starting at http www support creative and ending with CategoryID Just select it RE: Microphone won't work with Windows 7 and Sound Blaster (SB) Audigy 2 (FIX) all and paste into your browser's address box and hit Enter Download the driver at the top namely quot Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver quot and save it to your Desktop or some other place that you'll be able to find it once it finishes downloading Double-click it to start the driver installation and follow all the prompts Start below for instructions to follow when microphone doesn't seem to want to work Plug mic into black hole on back of sound card Right-click speaker icon in System Tray Select quot Recording Devices quot quot Microphone SB Audigy Default Device quot should be default and on top and should have quot level meter quot graphic on the right Click the device named above to select it then click the quot Properties quot button From left to right the tabs should be a General b Listen c Custom d Levels e Sound Blaster and f Advanced The quot Listen quot tab is the important one we want for now but here are the settings for the others just in case you want to check a General tab - Should have on icon of a microphone at the top left say quot Microphone quot in the box to it's right quot Change icon quot button under that area quot Controller Information quot area and say quot SB Audigy Creative Technology Ltd quot Below that is the quot Jack information quot area They should all say quot Rear Panel mm jack quot and starting from the top should be blue green black then orange quot Device usage quot area should say quot Use this device Enable quot b Listen tab - This is the important one and you don't have to read other steps below unless you want to see if yours matches if you still have problems It says at the top quot You can listen to quot and should have the quot Listen to this device quot box checked quot Playback through this device quot should say quot Default Playback Device quot on the button Under Power Management area select whatever you want this is for laptop users c Custom tab - Use what you want I have quot Microphone dB Boost quot checked and quot Do Not Monitor quot unchecked d Levels tab - Use what you want I have mine set at quot quot e Sound Blaster tab - quot Disable Sound Blaster Enhancements quot box is unchecked quot Enhancements Description quot area is blank You can click the quot Settings quot button for quot EAX Effects quot etc Some of these are interesting to play with such as the quot Amphitheater quot or quot Opera Hall quot sound effects I don't have any of these features currently in use f Advanced tab - Use what you want here remembering that the higher the quality setting the larger the file will be when you save your microphone recording although sometimes not significantly larger Just experiment I currently use quot channel -bit Hz DVD Quality quot In the quot Exclusive Mode quot area whether you check or uncheck one or both of the boxes is up to you After you experiment with some different multimedia apps such as Nero Platinum which includes Nero SoundTrax available from Nero com for about USD you can decide how this feature works for you An alternative is to use the totally free Audacity program at Audacity Free Audio Editor and Recorder which is a very popular and feature-rich audio recording and editing program

A:RE: Microphone won't work with Windows 7 and Sound Blaster (SB) Audigy 2 (FIX)

Thanks!!!!
My microphone wasn't working with Windows 7 with an Audigy 2 (Sound Blaster) sound card but I followed your steps and now it's working great!!!
Thanks again!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-microphone-wont-work-with-windows-7-and-sound-blaster-sb-audigy-2-fix-633700.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently bought a sound blaster 5.1 VX...................while the computer tries to install the drivers for it the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH appears....................I checked for some posts n replies but no clues.................i downloaded the latest drivers compatible with windows 7 (which I use) the same problem comes again...................plz do reply.

System Config: Windows 7
2 gb Ram
Core 2 Duo

A:Sound Blaster 5.1 vx, Sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX

It might be a conflict with your onboard sound (if you have some)?

I know this can happen because i have a Sound blaster 5.1 myself, and it likes to throw a BSOD now and again with my onboard Realtek audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-5-1-vx-sound-card-creative-sound-blaster-5-1-vx.159445/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey y'all,

I downloaded Flashplayer 9 from adobe the other day and it was working fine until all of a sudden, out of the blue, no sound. I've got no clue!!! PLEASE HELP! WMP still works but, that's about it. Other sounds seem to not work in either IE or Firefox. I'm running XP. mp3s and such work outside of a browser, like I can download .wav and mp3s but, they won't play in my browser. Suggestions?

A:Sound in Flash is a Problem--It doesn't work, broken, dead--No Sound!

Have you tried re-installing Flash Player 9?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/sound-in-flash-is-a-problem-it-doesnt-work-broken-dead-no-sound-147604.html
Relevancy 64.07%

?ello! I have an issue with my HP Probook 4520s. Its internal speakers  and microphone doesn't work. I've tried to install and reinstall drivers from here, tried to rollback driver to older version but I always have the same result: installed the IDT sound codec, and after a restart, the mute button  turned red and I cannot switch it. Soundcard device ID: HDAUDIO\FUNK_01&VEN_111&DEV_7605OS: Windows 7 Professional x86 How can I fix it?

A:HP Probook 4520s: sound card doesn't work (no sound, red mut...

Hi,Same problem here. After repair of the display cable (Probook is just 2 years old!) by service centre a white cross-red dotthrough the speaker-icon appears. Service centre cannot fix it.HP helpdesk chat reports soundcard is defect. Soundcard is part of motherboard is said so motherboard needs to be exchanged.Second opinion learns that soundcard is NOT a part of the motherboard.I've bought a replacement Probook with a working, checked it!, motherboard and soundcard.New motherboard and soundcard have been placed incl. different Windows 7 but still (again) no sound. Can anybody give a solution ? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Probook-4520s-sound-card-doesn-t-work-no-sound-red-mute/td-p/1289625
Relevancy 64.07%

Help! See the title.

I'm going mad because I can't listen to music! I've tried three different mediaplayers (Windows Media Player, VLC & QuickTime) and all three just don't work! WMP won't even play the files, VLC will (in .avi-case even with picture!) but there won't be sound :/. Same for QuickTime,...

Now, the weird thing is that I can play games without a problem and the sound's still there! Hell, even sounds made by Windows -- I hear 'em! YouTube works too!

I'm concerned there might be something wrong in the registry,... (I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner/Defrag regularly, I guess something was bound to go wrong,...)

Please, help? :(

(Windows 7, btw.)

A:Sound DOESN'T work while playing .mp3/.avi - DOES work with games/YT

Apparently I made a mistake,... Sound in games doesn't work* System sounds and YouTube do, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-while-playing-mp3-avi-does-work-with-games-yt-509872.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Which is better, the Audigy SE or the Live 24? Please help!

A:Sound Blaster Audigy SE vs Sound Blaster Live 24?

I got the Sound Blaster Live! 24. It is really good, but the bass is a little loud.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-audigy-se-vs-sound-blaster-live-24.43823/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have no idea whats wrong, the sound is blasted, speakers plugged in the right area, card fully inserted, I'm pretty sure theres a driver because it use to work, but when I plugged in headphones and did some audio tunning program, everything stopped working...

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

A:Sound doesn't work

bump... i'd appreciate some help if anyone can...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-doesnt-work-144346.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My speakers don't work! Help!!!!!!!!!!! They worked fine and then - nothing. Thanks!:

A:My Sound doesn't work

desktop or laptop?

do headphones work

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-sound-doesnt-work-198865.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi. I'm having serious sound problems: it simply doesn't work. I can't hear anything. I reinstalled my audio driver, I checked all the settings, if everything is
put correctly, I even formated my PC but no solution. I really can't solve this and I would really appreciate if you can give me some advices. Thanks in advance.

A:Sound doesn't work. Help please

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report.

This will open it in a text editor (probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work-help-please.80722/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone, my problem is that my headset doesn't work in my PC. Currently I have a turtlebeach z11 that works perfectly fine on my laptop and phone, but not on my built PC. Before my current headset, I had another turtlebeach and it worked, so I'm sure I can fix this somehow, but I do not know how.

I would be so happy if someone could come up with some things about how to fix it, because it's not funny to play games without sound, especially the games I play.

Windows: 8.1
Headset: turtlebeach z11

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work.1168761/
Relevancy 61.06%

Wish I had a better description but ....
My sound worked and now it doesn't.

I have a Asustek p6x58d premium board and I'm using the on-board sound. In sound I have "rear panel" as default. In rear panel properties I have it enabled. When I play any sound playback (in sound) shows the rear panel as getting a signal but no matter what jack I plug into I get no sound. My speakers do work.

In NIVDIA control panel it had audio going to the HDMI capable device (my monitor) and I have since turned it off. I rebooted but still no sound.

Device manager: Under sound it shows 2 NVIDIA devices and one high definition audio device. All are working correctly.

EDIT: the volume mixed shows sound happening in the device (rear panel) and shows the application (ffox) getting signal as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/401210-sound-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey Yesterday Wednesday I received my new stick of ram I ordered and I plugged it in raplacing the orginal stick of mb I now have x GB while only using GB ram I started my PC up and had no problems A few hours later I had to restart my pc when it came back on my onboard sound didnt work So I went to my mobo manufactures site and downloaded the correct driver uninstalled the realtek sound thing and installed the new one I downloaded Restarted and still didnt work Later that day the electrics went once we got it back on and started up pc again my sound was working Then today again it stopped working Then I went back to my work sound doesn't mobo site downloaded Fox live update sound doesn't work and installed backed up sound doesn't work my bios and upgraded to the latest and restarted Before installing it I got a warning that restarting may not work thinking sound doesn't work that was to just cover their back I tried to restart and my desktop stayed up explorer exe closed and I couldnt do anything so I forced a restart When it was all loaded up again I got the device was found box and it was searching for a driver Turned out it was a floppy disc drive A but I have no floppy drive and never have for this PC So I reinstalled the backed up bios and restarted When it was loading up and the windows starting up screen appeared my screen went funny for like seconds looked like a graphics problem although im using onboard graphics then I got BSOD minidump below I restarted again and it loaded up fully I had no problems except for having no sound again Thats where im up to what should I do Thank you Foxconn P M MB- RS H information nbsp

A:sound doesn't work

hiya try the Ram how it was,1x2gb stick out(the new one) and the 512mb back in

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work.932755/
Relevancy 61.06%

My Acer laptop wont play sound out of its speakers it did work the first few weeks I had it then I did some windows updates and restart and bang it didn t work anymore Sometimes it still works like this little program that comes installed with the computer that likes to sound doesn't work. My call itself the quot Sound Manager quot has a little demo sounds they play fine real cool and the pc beep that plays fine as well but when I plug a set of headphones in to jack the pcbeep gladly stops especially since the pcbeep was playing at fullblast So anyways I also try to open volume control and receive the quot no active mixer device error message quot I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my sound card driver I have installing over top of But the error remains and I still do not have any sound I would really like My sound doesn't work. some help getting my sound My sound doesn't work. back if anyone can get me some help on this it would be most appreciatted nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey, Dunamis here I have been on COUNTLESS Tech Forums etc. and no one has ever been able to help me, They say there #1 and all that stuff but they don't even reply to your post for a few days and when they do they don't help you AT ALL, I hope you guys are different i need sound, Here is some information on my computer.
Computer Brand: Genuine Intel, Intel(r) Celeron(tm) Processor

Manufactured by: Intel

Ram: 127.0MB

AC'97 Audio Controller
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801AB ICH0
Codec Name Analog Devices AD1881
Codec ID 41445340h *Is this the ID you were talking about?*
S/PDIF Output Not Supported

The above information is all the audio stuff from the program called "Everest"

I hope you can help me find a driver and tell me what to do with it. (If thats the problem)
-Thanks

*I have updated my information*

A:Sound Doesn't Work...

drivers

get on the internet and search for SOUNDMAX drivers or the exact name of the sound card. INstal them and it should work.

Wait till you get HD audio...now thats hard to get working

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work.81162/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
My sound doesn't work after installing Windows 7 i have a ASUS V2-PE2 Barebone Audio card ADI AD1986A SoundMAX Because my PC is a few years old i dont think drivers will be released for Windows 7 anyway they wearen't realesed for Vista either is there a better way of solving my problem than buying a PCI-card?

Hi Wortex and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

I think that you have already answered your own question. If drivers weren't released for Vista, then I think that it would be extremely unlikely that any would be released for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/34851-sound-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I ve been having an issue with my sound ever since I got my new mother board Sound does. work, doesn't mic I've tried everything. yet and processor Everything runs fine great Except my sound I have a NJL CHAINTECH motherboard with an AMD processor What the deal is is I had bought a sound card for my old mother board so I instinctivly sp put that in as well So when i loaded the PC I went into Ventrilo A voice-over chat program and i could hear everyone but I Sound doesn't work, yet mic does. I've tried everything. couldn t talk So I went to Sound and Audio Devices tested my hardware and my mic started to work Cool But then my sound stopped working and I haven t been able to get it back I have a Sound Blaster LIVE sound card Oh and to top it all off I was doing so many things at the same time I misplaced the Motherboard Driver CD before I could even open it so that really sucks I hope can help me I ve been trying to fix this for four days now Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

ok guys here are my computer details
Windows XP Pro SP2
Sound Card: SiS 7012

the problem is: after i installed sp2... there were no sounds coming... i thought it was a driver problem ... so i updated it...
still nothing... then i tryed playing a music in winamp, it gave me this error: "Bad DirectSound...."
i fixed that and there was music playing on winamp... but only on winamp... what should i do now ?

please help me... i'm desperate

thks

Does it say 'Bad DirectSound driver'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work.267156/
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok i've had DSP-500's since i got this computer and all has been well (they are usb headphones.)

Well they ended up giving out on me so I got the audio 90 headphones.

The Audio 90 headphones are regular soundcard headphones. I have onboard sound with my MSI k7t266 pro2 motherboard.

Whenever I go to adjust my sound in the sounds, speech and audio devices it says there is no audio device.

I also have win xp.

Can anyone help me!!!!

A:Sound doesn't work.

Did you uninstall the USB headphones? They might have taken out some important drivers or parts of them. In any case, try reinstalling your sound card drivers, if you haven't already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work.6212/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and have been dealing with this problem for a pretty long time. Occassionally, I will be playing a youtube video or something and I'll pause it and come back to it and the sound wont work. It wont work through the speakers or headphones.. I usually restart my computer and it always works fine, but I need to know another way to fix the sound without restarting it.. Im not sure if it has something to do with FL Studio but yeah idk i need heeeeellllppp. Thx!

A:My sound doesn't work?

Hello Steve probably a dumb question but you have checked all the usual stuff like drivers??

One thing for starters try a scannow SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/283516-my-sound-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My sound has been working really good until I recently had a program called driver cleaner and it cleans uneeded files in the drivers lol and then after a scan and clean with it my sound didn t work I have a sound driver work sound doesn't My called SB Audigy ZS So then I uninstalled the driver then I installed the new one http us creative com support down amp driverlang amp OS amp drivertype amp x amp y its the first one in drivers I thought that would fix it it installed properly and all and it restarted and all that important stuff and now it My sound doesn't work still doesn t work Do I need to restart it again or what If someone knows why this is happening please tell me Edit I also see the sound Icon in the bottom right of the screen nothing is muted and soundcard is installed and enabled If you need any more info just tell me I really need an answer right about now Edit My sound doesn't work Whenever I turn the volume up on my speaker I hear a sound like when you are chatting online it sounds like someone is touching their microphone This sound only happens when I am turning the speaker volume knob and when it is not moving it does not make a sound at all I know it works because I plugged it into my iPod nbsp

A:My sound doesn't work

Have you checked in Device Manager and made sure the Audigy is enabled, and has no issues?

Did you change any BIOS settings recently? The onboard audio needs to be disabled for the Card to work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-doesnt-work.88506/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey! I'm not much of a computer gal, so if I sound totally clueless, forgive me.
I have a bunch of major issues with my computer, but right now my audio isn't working at all. And yes, everything is plugged in correctly.
When I turn on my computer, the usual audio icon isn't on the taskbar. None of my programs have sound. For example, when someone IMs my on AOL, all i hear is this annoying little click, which comes from the machine itself, not the speakers.
Please help me! I'm going crazy! I miss my music!
thanks so much.
-Celia

A:Help! My sound doesn't work!

I might be able to walk you through it, Z Unit 001 on AIM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-sound-doesnt-work.194722/
Relevancy 61.06%

hello, ok my sound hasnt worked for a lond time and i was just finding out how to fix
it so i go to device manager and a yellow ? is there no other file has 1 but this the file is called:

video controller (VGA Compatible)

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I click reinstall and install wizard comes up searches for the file and then says

CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
The hardware wan not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

any things you think i could do to fix this??? i have not had sound for like 6 month but it has to started to get on my nervs lol >=(

umm is your audio motherboard based, or a soundcard. video has nothing to do with sound in the drivers. what i mean by motherboard based is this : does it come off of a little connector attached to the mottherboard, or a custom installed soundcard in a PCI slot?? if its motherboard, go into your BIOS setup, and find "ONBOARD AUDIO", make sure it is enabled. If it a soound card, make sure it is disabled. The next thing to do if motherboard based is to search for the motherboards drivers (i find easiest way is tto check out the computers maker, and check their website). Also, if in you control panel ->Sounds and devivces, it sows no audio device, then find your motherboard specs and give them to us. Lavalyst's Everest is a good program for this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work.117701/
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer is not recognizing my sound drivers. At least that's what I think it is. I have an HP8562. I had sound issues with the computer from day one and HP was no help in resolving. Then one day, the computer went crazy.....my graphics got weird, I lost the use of my mouse and lost anything to do with any kind of sound. I got everything fixed except for the sound. Tried installing a new sound card but the computer refuses to recognize the software. Any suggestions short of throwing this thing out the window would be greatly appreciated!!!

Relevancy 61.06%

The sound doesn't work on my AcerAspire XC-605.  It has, for the most part, worked until just recently.  It's the speaks specifically.  Everything I've tried indicates that the sound is unplugged.  I'm new at this and technically challenged.  I see three cords plugged from my computer to the tower, and I can't see anyplace on the back of the computer to plug anything else in.  It would help if I knew what the cord looks like and where it plugs in.  My warranty is up, and it costs $100 to get support help.  Is there anyone who can help me?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Sound-doesn-t-work/td-p/436867/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi.....thank you in advance for your help. I reinstaled windows xp pro 2002.....my sound doesn't work. It appears that my "old" computer has an on board sound card on the mother board. I looked in sounds in the control panel and it says my sound card is working properly, still no sound. speakers are plugged in correctly. The volume in control panel is up, not muted. How can i fix this??

A:sound doesn't work

After you reinstalled windows, did you install your motherboard's drivers?

If you don't have a system disk that came with your computer, you can go to the makers site and download the drivers from there.

Without the drivers, your system will not work properly.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work.38604/
Relevancy 61.06%

I had to replace my sound card. I went from a sound blaster audigy 2, to a sabrent 6 channel 5.1 sound 3d PCI sound card. Now, I can't get any sound. any help would be appreciated!

Did you remove the old card from Windows? Have you installed the drivers for the new card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work.150113/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I'm Jason and am new to the board. I really need help with this doozy.

I have a AC 97 Sound card built into the mother board.

I have Windows XP Home Edition.

IE 7.0

Windows Media Player 11.

My volume is fine. Nothing is muted. The speakers are plugged in. The driver has been updated and even deleted and reinstalled. Plus I have tried system restore but nothing worked then went back a month before it happened still no result. So I went back to before I restored.

Any ideas?

A:Sound Doesn't Work At All

Hi,I'm Jason and am new to the board. I really need help with this doozy.I have a AC 97 Sound card built into the mother board.I have Windows XP Home Edition.IE 7.0Windows Media Player 11.My volume is fine. Nothing is muted. The speakers are plugged in. The driver has been updated and even deleted and reinstalled. Plus I have tried system restore but nothing worked then went back a month before it happened still no result. So I went back to before I restored.Any ideas?N/mind the sound is back. Don't know what did it.However my speakers are Dell PC Speakers and now only one of them plays the volume strong and the other is very very faint. They are linked together before going into the PC. The one that plays strong is the one that doesn't have the volume control on it. It in turn plus into the one with the volume control and then into the |PC. If un-plug the one with no volume control the sound comes a little bit strong into the sound controlled speaker. Any ideas? (Also it isn't he speaker being set to the left or right too much. It is down the center but only the left has sound. If I turn down the right it doesn't matter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78013/sound-doesnt-work-at-all/
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok I have a problem and its really bugging me One day a friend came over and we tried to install a Geforce GTS into my computer PII Mhz MB Ram etc etc Anyway we installed the card into the AGP slot but for some reason the monitor wouldnt work when we turned on the computer kept saying Video Cable Connected I figured out why it was doing that though Anyway since it wasn t working we took the card back out put the computer back together all good My friend leaves and I turn on the computer At first everything seems ok but then I and Sound cant My get work, doesn't to it either. work I notice my sound doesnt work nor does my graphics card work my original one I fixed the graphic problem by just installing the new drivers but the sound I cant I thought maybe My Sound doesn't work, and I cant get it to work either. it had to do with drivers since we deleted my old graphics drivers when we installed the new graphics card so I downloaded the newest sound card drivers and its still not working I went back and opened up my computer Theres this one wire that we could not remember wether it was connected or not Ive tried having my computer on with the wire connected and not connected and it doesnt seem to make any difference So I would really like to figure out whats the matter with my comp and hope to god its fixable cause I really dont want to get a new comp Thanks before hand nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

ok, so, I had a bunch of spyware on my computer and I decided too get rid of it, got 2 nice programs, but after I ran them, (I'm not good with computers so anything that came up, boom deleted, for I thought it was spyware) Soo, anyway! After that I can't play stepmania, ((which is a game that uses music btw)) It says, "Couldn't find a sound driver that works" I can't play any music either, on wmp (media player) It just skips all the songs untill they are all red... Oh, and anything doesn't play sound, I guess I should stop adding on, you guys get the picture, so I'll hit post now... Computer --->? :knock:
Me ^^^

A:Sound and video doesn't work.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Reinstall your sound drivers, that should sort it.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-and-video-doesnt-work.48204/
Relevancy 60.2%

My sound doesn't work because my computer doesn't recognize that there's a sound card there. I'm running Windows XP with a VIA vt1721 sound card. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. I don't know what to do.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys, I was struggling to find a solution for my laptop's sound driver for Windows 7. I literally spend three hours downloading 23 different drivers. None worked.
I wasn't aware that the solution is in the Windows...

What i did was:

1. Opened Device Manager by right clicking on the my computer and selecting Manage option.
2. Clicked on Device Manager.
3. Right Clicked on the Sound Device
4. Chose Update driver software.
5. Clicked on Browse My computer for driver software
6. Selected "Let me pick from a list of device drivers in my computer".
7. Check marked the "Show compatible hardware".
8. Clicked on High Definition Audio Device in the Model Category.
9. Clicked Next..... and yea haa!!!! it worked.

I don't assure this will happen with everyone, but solved my problem... Ther's nothing wrong to try it out.

Cheers.

A:Windows 7 sound doesn't work

Thanks, I've been having the same problem with my desk top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-sound-doesnt-work.881754/
Relevancy 60.2%

My cousin recently downgraded my ACER ASPIRE 5100 laptop from Vista to XP, but he formated the recovery partition and installed XP on there, now known as the F:/ drive.
So when i started up my computer, i noticed that nothing worked, my sound, wireless, only my video. I got my wireless internet drivers installed and as soon as that started working I downloaded the rest of the device drivers, but none of them seem to work. Most of them I could live without but sound is a must.
I have tried insatlling 3 different sound drivers but none of them work

A:Sound doesn't work on my computer.

Are these the ones you tried to load?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-doesnt-work-on-my-computer-278899.html
Relevancy 60.2%

One day, the sound suddenly cut out. Since then, it hasn't worked. I had the same dilemma before, but then miraculously, the sound came back. The sound stayed for quite a while, a few months, then it went out again about 2 days ago. Since then, it hasn't worked.

I plugged my speakers into my phone and it worked. So the problem cannot be the speakers. I looked in my Device Manager and I can't find the driver. I tried installing the sound driver, but it tells me this:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this Setup program."

So, my computer isn't detecting the sound card. My sound card is Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

Btw, I'm running Windows XP

Anyone have any ideas or clues?

A:Sound card doesn't work...

That is a pretty old card and nothing lasts forever. Pull the card and give is a close look; see if you find any leaking caps, burned components, etc. If it looks OK, install it in another pci slot and pw ON. See if windows finds the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-doesnt-work.966337/
Relevancy 60.2%

I do not get the majority of sounds in my internet browsers.

Here's the info I know to give:

-This is true for both Explorer and Firefox, of which I have the most recent versions
-I have all known plug-ins up-to-date.
-Sound only works in browsers, that i know of, when supported by either Windows Media Player or Quicktime, or in sites where people have put sound in the page through html (The only example of this working that I know is Xanga)
-Videos on youtube or video.google and other sites do not contain sound. This seems true of anything using flash.
-I'm using Windows XP and the problem only exists for this User Account. I am the administrator, so it's not some security setting.
-I've gone into volume control and everything is maxed and nothing is muted. This includes Aux.

If there's anything else, please ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Sound Doesn't Work In Browsers

Wow, that is odd...It only effects one account and is only for flash based sound.Is it all flshed based or only certain websites?Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling Firefox? Rolling back IE7? What about system restore?Has this always been the case? Can you remember when it started and any changes you may have done just before?These are all just shots in the dark as I've never even heard of this kind of thing.Here's a longshot... check whether the sound card driver is up to date./

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77899/sound-doesnt-work-in-browsers/
Relevancy 60.2%

Nevermind I solved this just had to go to sound in control panel and reset the device This is the first tech support problem I've had in a long while that's just completely over my head - but it certainly is just that so I come humbly to you Fortunately at least i know exactly how it happened I just don't know how to fix it Everything was working fine when I decided that I wanted to download and install the AllMusicConverter so that I could convert M as to mp s It asked me if I wished to install an audio driver MusCAudio and without thinking I said yes Suddenly my sound does not work I look up the driver it's mentioned in the context of trojans and viruses I uninstall and restart Sadly things still don't work My other sound driver which is still on the computer and updated is Conexant High Definition SmartAudio I'm running Vista on an HP Pavillion Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-sound-doesnt-work-anymore-at-all-413454.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1844 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 730 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 260242 MB, Free - 207217 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 28507 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, MoutCook, Not Applicable, WB01561071
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
embedded sound that used to work in my PDFs doesn't work anymore. The sound files are OK on the internet. I can address them by other means but the pdf has quit. any ideas? thanks, Frank

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/embedded-sound-in-pdf-doesnt-work.1012430/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have win7 64bit operating system,i recently changed some services to increasing my Ram speed but suddenly recognaized that my sound is no longer working and apeares an X on sound tray icon in taskbar.please help me... (i've sent an attachment)

A:my sound doesn't work no longer

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Does your Sound Card show in the Device Manager with an error ? If so you should go to the HP Website and Download the Driver ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/323577-my-sound-doesnt-work-no-longer.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I just migrated iTunes from my old computer to this computer running Windows 10. The sound no longer works, either on iTunes or on anything else I have running. I was running the sound just this morning. How can this be?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439710-why-doesnt-my-sound-windows-10-work.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Yesterday i was on youtube and my sound worked perfectly. When i woke up this morning, my sound doesn't work at all. Can any1 help me?

Here are my crappy specs if you need

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name IVAN-S6U9VLDLW9
System Manufacturer GATEWA
System Model T3882
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2792 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BF86510A.15A.0085.P20.0412152353, 12/15/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name IVAN-S6U9VLDLW9\Administrator
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 313.42 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.79 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I see that this is a common problem and I have read many posts on this issue, but still have no solution.

I installed Windows 7 and now there is no sound. Before that I had WinXP. I tried to update the driver through the device manager but it says that it is up to date.

Processor is Pentium Dual Core E5200, Motherboard Asus P5KPL-AM.

Does anyone have any ideas? Pls help!

Thank you!

A:Sound on my comp doesn't work - pls help

Hi Time, no pun intended, if you click on the small triangle on the task bar, then customise, you'll get this:-

Hope this help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/147889-sound-my-comp-doesnt-work-pls-help.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a new computer and it has windows xp, when i try to play games the sound works for like 5 minutes then stops. I heard it does this because the games is supposed to run in DOS mode, but i don't have DOS mode i don't think. I would really like to hear my games. If anyone has any idea why it does this or how i can make it work, please share them with me, Thank you.

A:The sound doesn't work on my game

HI, Have a look at a thread called "Dos Program" as this might explain it to you. Peace Mal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sound-doesnt-work-on-my-game.93510/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just had to buy a new hardrive so I got a new board too. AMD XP 2500+. Problem is, my computer wont pick up the onboard sound card. I have the disk with the drivers, but there are like 7 different ones and so many and I am just plain confused.

cd I have is Motherboard Support CD V. 2.5 VI
and the book is
ELITEGROUP K7VTA3

A:new AMD 2500xp+ - sound doesn't work

What revision is your board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-amd-2500xp-sound-doesnt-work.237823/
Relevancy 60.2%

For some odd reason my sound is not working. Please help me.

A:Sound doesn't work anymore

Hi Hyydra

Have you installed anything new recently? Try starting with this guide from Windows Support for finding common sound issues. Message back if that doesn't work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496400/sound-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi,
I have XP on mechine, When i play any media some time sound and media doesnt play. when i gone to listen any song ( any format ) in any player it does play. Pls give me suggession

A:Media And Sound Doesn't Work

Make sure you have a sound driver installed and what are your specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-and-sound-doesnt-work-171541.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

I'm new here but i had been doing a lot of serch but it seem i can't find anytihng to fix my problem. And thought i don't know much aobut computers.
Well i have laptop aspire 7520 and I just got windows 7 on (i bought it with vista). It worked fine when just before days my sound doesn't work anymore. On sound icon is red cross and it say "no audio input device is installed".
i tried to update sound in Device manager but it's just not there. Only thing i found was system speakers and for that it said there is no driver and i couldn't update those too.
I installed driver from acer site but it just look like it isn't there on my laptop. I'm alredy hopeless

I appriciate any kind of help,

A:Sound doesn't work in Windows 7

Welcome!

First, could you have a virus? Please download Malwarebytes free and do a scan.

Also try a System Restore to a point before the problem arose.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/54986-sound-doesnt-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card in my computer which has konked out twice now. The first time my brother came over and fixed it (he's a wiz). And now the second time is this one. I have tried almost everything I could think of: unplugging and replugging in the card itself, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, checking the mute and volume settings. It might be the speakers, but the last time I had sound they worked fine but over time they began to crackle. Any ideas? I have no idea what might be wrong.

A:My computer's sound doesn't work.

Erlehacker said:

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card in my computer which has konked out twice now. The first time my brother came over and fixed it (he's a wiz). And now the second time is this one. I have tried almost everything I could think of: unplugging and replugging in the card itself, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, checking the mute and volume settings. It might be the speakers, but the last time I had sound they worked fine but over time they began to crackle. Any ideas? I have no idea what might be wrong.Click to expand...

When an item doesnt work do the following.

Remove the item in device manager, power down the system, remove the card, power on the system, let is stabilise, power off the system, reinsert the card (in a different PCI slot if you can) power on the system, let windows reinstall the card.

Let us know how you go on, but if this happens again I would suggest placing the card in a waste receptacle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computers-sound-doesnt-work.48737/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have windows 2000 and I just got a microphone.

I recorded some sound with the sound recorder that came with windows, but there was a whole bunch of static.

I tried to fix this by goin under properties and clicking the "convert now" button, and set the quality up to cd quality and it worked, there wasn't any static.

When I exed it out and frcorded some more audio, the static was back and I checked under properties and the quality level had gone back down to the lowest level.

I need to get cd quality to be the default, but every time I close the program it goes right back to the staticy quality.

I would appreciate some help on how I can get the high quality to stay there.

Relevancy 60.2%

I bought now in my sound put I and work. firewire doesn't a firewire card and cable at Best I put in firewire and now my sound doesn't work. Buy today hoping to be able to connect my new Sony camcorder to my computer a friend and I opened up the computer put the I put in firewire and now my sound doesn't work. card in and the computer recognized that new hardware was detected and firewire worked I was able to load video onto my computer The problem is my computer cannot play sound anymore No sound recorder no music no sound when I log on it keeps telling me to install the hardware but why isn t it already installed In my Device Manager it says that SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio is messed up there is the yellow exclamation point I uninstall it and when i re-install it tells me there was a problem with the installation and still doesn t work The next thing Troubleshooting tells me to do is detach and reattach the hardware device but it doesn t look like there is a way to do that with the sound card What happened and how can I go about fixing it nbsp

A:I put in firewire and now my sound doesn't work.

please post your motherboard's make.
from your device manager, i would first try to uninstall the firewire card and physically remove the card and reboot. if that fixes it you have a conflict somewhere, most likely your IRQ. if problem still exists, uninstall your soundmax and reboot (still without the firewire card) and see if that will fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-put-in-firewire-and-now-my-sound-doesnt-work.311981/
Relevancy 60.2%

I don't know what happened but just all of a sudden the sound on my computer does not work anymore.
Everything is turned up all the way and still nothing..I am connected and all.
Can someone pls. help me out.?

-Thanks!! =)

A:I need help, the sound on my computer doesn't work!

Hi please go to control panel then device manager and look for any error flags ie yellow ! or red Xs post back with what you find

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-need-help-the-sound-on-my-computer-doesnt-work-497319.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My sound for most of my computer is perfect - iTunes plays music great, and my instant messenger sound works. But when I go on the internet sound from sites like Youtube and Myspace don't work. I have a 3 year old XP and like I said, the sound is on and nothing is muted, so please don't tell me to unmute it because I am sick of people telling me that. So if you could help me out I'd appreciate that, Thanks.

A:Internet Sound Doesn't Work

Hope i don't insult your intelligence but

Tools>options>advanced and under Multimedia is "play sound in web pages" checked?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94246/internet-sound-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys,

Maybe someone can help me out here. I went out earlier today and purchased a Geforce 9800 GTX. After installing it I now get no sound whatsoever. I'm quite puzzled by this. I've always used the built in soundcard on my MB for sound and have never had issues. I checked my device manager and it says everything is working fine. And also my Winamp crashes everytime I load it ever since I put the new card in. Any ideas? Here's my system specs:

-MSI K9N SLI PLATINUM mother board
-AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ CPU
-2GB ram
-160gb HD

A:Sound doesn't work after installing new VC

hi have you tried updating the sound drivers from mfr support site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-after-installing-new-vc-344389.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I took my computer in to be fixed Turns out it was a power supply failure or something I took doesn't on computer work? Sound my computer home and it booted up just fine Now when I went to turn on music or whatever the sound didn t come on I made Sound on computer doesn't work? sure that it wasn t muted that all the volume was max etc etc But then I noticed that the sound device was quot Digital Output Device HDMI quot My computer previously ran off of something along the lines of quot Realtek Audio quot or something like that But it s not there I went to the control panel -- gt to the sounds and I right clicked the HDMI device and clicked to show disabled devices etc etc but it wasn t there I m running Vista -bit if that helps Any help is appreciated It s a HP Pavillion a n I wanna see if I can solve the problem here before I have to take it back nbsp

A:Sound on computer doesn't work?

Look for yellow entries in Device Manager under "Sound, Video, etc.
You may need to to reinstall the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-on-computer-doesnt-work.903276/
Relevancy 60.2%

I m having a very strange problem with sound on my PC I m running WinXP Sound logon doesn't work after Pro SP The problem is that when I first Sound doesn't work after logon startup or restart the computer and logon I can hear the Windows startup sound But then I can t get any sounds to play at all no matter what application I try unless I reboot and then I can only get as far as the Windows startup sound again So it appears to me that something is loading after I logon that is grabbing the audio resources but I have no idea how to tell what it might be I tried logging on while holding the shift key down but that didn t help I also looked carefully at the various processes running in Task Manager but couldn t figure out what might be causing the problem Does anyone know of a way to tell what applications or processes are controlling certain resources in this case the sound card Thanks nbsp

A:Sound doesn't work after logon

are you sure its not on mute?

in control panel does the card have any icons next to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-after-logon.594250/
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed windows Vista Basic on Presario V5207NR. BUT THE SOUND DOES WORK. It was working in the previous OS Windows XP. I have tried to look for sound card drivers without success. If any one knows how I get the drivers ,can you let know.

A:Sound On Laptop Doesn't Work

Have you tried using external speakers? as your current, in built speakers may not be compatible with Vista...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-on-laptop-doesnt-work-283703.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm using a Logitech USB headset and it works perfectly on Ubuntu, but it doesn't even recognize it in Windows. It puts the yellow triangle over it in the device manager. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and tried a couple things I looked up but none of them worked.

Any clue on how to fix this?

A:Sound doesn't work on Windows

Two things I see from your screenshot.

!. You do not have a PC sound device installed. All that is showing is AMD High Definition Audio Device, which is audio for HDMI.

2. What error code is showing for the Logitech? With it connected, Uninstall it in the Device Manager then disconnect it and restart the PC. After Windows starts, connect it and see if it is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/350860-sound-doesnt-work-windows.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My sound is off. I tried system restore which usually takes care of the problem. I get a gray box with that says unhandled exception when I sign off and come back on.
I am running windows XP and have atwo year old Dell system. I run Norton anti virus. Hellllllllllp me please. Thank you.

Steve

A:Sound Doesn't work for three days

Was there any new software installed just prior to the sound quitting? Does the sound system still show up in the device manager? Are there any yellow exclamation marks in the device manager? Have you checked the speakers or tried headphones?
Also, there are a few different sound solutions for two year old Dells, any details you can provide as to which type of sound system yours has, or which specific model you have could be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-for-three-days.238477/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 already installed and it was working fine until one day the sound on youtube stop working!
I've tried multiple things like the Codec K-Lite package and checking all my sound settings in vain.
Then I tried to see if my sound worked on Itunes, it didn't. The one thing that strikes me as truly odd about this though is that when I test my speakers the test sound come through loud and clear.
I have absolutely no idea what is wrong and any suggestions would be kindly appreciated!

A:Sound doesn't work for Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

you could try the fix it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-for-windows-7.929961/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Realtek sound card on a PC that I purchased from Computer Builders Warehouse. I had a problem a few months ago where I wasn't getting sound out of one channel to my speakers. The speakers were both fine. I took it into to CBW. They said that there was some kind of corruption in the drivers or something. After they worked on it, the sound was fine.

I'm having the same problem again! I made sure I had the latest drivers from Realtek. Anyone able to shed some light on the problem and resolution? I don't want to take it back to CBW and spend a couple hundred $ if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Tom

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All,

Please find I have included my HJT log at the bottom of the post.

1) There seems to be a lot of popups (one in particular telling me I need anti-spyware and when I go to click the cross it just opens up a webpage that never loads).

2) The sound is extremely high pitched when playing back MP3s, this all of a sudden started happening and I have been unable to undo it.

Thanks

A:Major Errors - HJT Log - Also sound doesn't work

Hi

Please start here and follow the instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

If you cannot complete any of the Steps, simply move on to the next one - remember to let the Analyst know about this when you post your logs.

Do not post your logs back in this thread - follow the guidance in the above link!

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply.

I've deleted your log from this forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/major-errors-hjt-log-also-sound-doesnt-work-243435.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I got:
-Win98
-Crystal Audio (CS4235)
-Everything works - BUT

My .wav files will play through Media
Player just fine. MP3s too. However,
when sounds are assigned through
Windows for events, I get a clicking
repeat. Also, no sound SFX for DOOM,
etc. The music is ok.

Example: "ding-click, ding-click,
ding-click" etc.
(using the ding.wav system sound.)

I've checked and there are no conflicts,
reinstalled completely from cold boot.

Nothin'.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-for-system-wavs.40129/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello my computer an w HP laptop doesn t play doesn't mode work Sound after sleep sound after returning from sleep mode didn t test with hibernation but would suspect similar The computer Sound doesn't work after sleep mode thinks it is and shows everything is well when checking the device manager and testing sound it will show the volume output for the played sound So I m curious if anyone has any ideas as to how this works Now I may have solved my problem or learned more about it when I did the following Rightclicked on the speaker icon gt Playback Devices gt Opened Speakers gt Advanced tab gt Changed the sound quality I got a message saying another program was using the speakers at the moment and asked me if I wanted to stop it I said yes and the sound began working again as normal I then got a message from S proxy I believe which is either something I don t know of or its part of the Saver program for pandora Anyway that s what I know any thoughts nbsp

A:Sound doesn't work after sleep mode

After looking into this a bit I found a few people were able ot solve this problem by disabling Driver Level Enhancements.
- Go into the Sound Properties, and click the "Enhancements" properties.

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-after-sleep-mode.951878/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently uninstalled the SoundMax sound management program to fix a crackling popping noise i was experiencing with my sound card The problem was solved but now I am having an even stranger issue my mic quot line in quot is somehow software rerouted to the sound output the sound still plays through my headphones though and the mic wont accept any input Not sure if thats very clear but its the best way I can think to describe it another oddity the crackles either work doesn't or mic Sound Solved: microphone will pick up the sound output regardless if the actual mic plug is plugged in or not so this leads me to believe it is not a microphone problem but that I have something set wrong or something is wrong with my drivers I have discovered that the mic problems only occur when i do not have the SoundMax sound management program installed installing that however brings back my sound popping and distorting problem that I had before I have tried it a couple of times both ways and windows refuses to let my mic function without that program that causes sound distortion I have tried basically every fix for both problems I can find on the net but i have been so far unsuccessful anyone have any ideas or ever heard of anything like this any help would Solved: Sound either crackles or mic doesn't work be greatly appreciated its driving me mad nbsp

A:Solved: Sound either crackles or mic doesn't work

Figured I'd give this a bump seeing as I still haven't solved it... any help would be greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-either-crackles-or-mic-doesnt-work.677419/
Relevancy 59.77%

Had my webcam set up and working great - Logitech Quick Cam Pro The webcam quot on quot light always came on every time I started the work on, won't sound stay Webcam doesn't computer and stayed on all the time Downloaded the latest software from Logitech to make sure it was current installed the software started using it with Tokbox Sent a number of video emails to friends everything worked fine Was gone for a week when I came home and fired up the PC the camera wouldn t stay quot on Webcam won't stay on, sound doesn't work quot like it always had before When I Webcam won't stay on, sound doesn't work open Tokbox the camera light then comes on When trying to do a video email the video part works but there s no sound No sound indicated when recording The Logitech camera program opens for changing settings etc It all works fine while adjusting When I close the adjusting window the camera shuts down Will start again when I try to make a Webcam won't stay on, sound doesn't work video email but only the video works no sound When I quot Test quot it on the Tokbox camera adjust both the video and sound work fine and there s an indication that sound is working and I can hear the test sound As soon as I close the Test window the sound quits When I uninstalled and reinstalled the camera software a window came up saying the camera was in use by some other app of course it didn t say what That was the only time I saw that I can t find anything else on my computer that uses the webcam Doesn t make any difference if I log in or out of Yahoo chat XP sp latest Firefox ASUS p C E-Del board with Soundmax None of this or any app s or settings have changed from when it worked fine I tried fiddling with various Soundmax control panel controls for mic etc but nothing changed What happened how do I fix it why did it change by itself can I prevent that from happening again Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-wont-stay-on-sound-doesnt-work.122341/
Relevancy 59.77%

So I had a party at my house and I was playing music from my computer. Someone I don't know, who was probably a friend of a friend of someone, because no one else knows him either, did something to turn off the sound on my computer. I can't figure out what he did, or how to turn the sound back on. It's not muted, the volume is up, the speakers work, and I'm pretty sure the onboard motherboard sound is still up and running because it makes the connection noise when I plug the speakers in. The drivers are all running perfectly fine. When I play something on iTunes, it still plays. I just can't hear it. Anyone have any solution?

Motherboard is an Asus p4p800. Windows XP. I don't think the other specs matter too much for this issue.

A:Sound doesn't work; blaming windows

May sound silly but did the 'friend of a friend' pull any wires/cables out?

Also, check the audio service is running:

- Start -> Run -> services.msc -> ok
- Scroll down to Windows Audio and ensure it is set to Automatic and is running. If not, double click it, select Automatic from the drop down box and click Apply then Start then OK
- Reboot and check for sound again

Hope that helps :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-doesnt-work-blaming-windows-101049.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi my computers sound doesnt work i have no idea what the problem is sometimes it works if i disable then enable my soundmax device this problem has been going on for some time if you have any ideas i would be foreva grateful.
i am pretty sure its a built in sound card

A:Sound doesn't work but computer says no problem

What are your computers specs? Things like make and model number...You may be infected with a virus or other malware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work-but-computer-says-no-problem.117554/
Relevancy 59.77%

I just upgraded to Vista and my speakers fail to work. They are connected in the correct socket.. Do I need to update the driver, if so how? Or is there some otehr problem..

A:Upgraded to Vista now sound doesn't work..

I just checked it in devices and it says it cannot load driver software... what should I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-to-vista-now-sound-doesnt-work-179003.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with Logitech G930 headset. I don't know if it's relevant that I have that particular headset or not, but I don't have any other speakers on my computer or another headset so I'm unable to test this with my RealTek drivers.

It seems that whenever I turn my computer on and boot all of my applications up too fast, that my sound seems to not start. Maybe it's coincidental. But a slow fix to this issue has been to just restart my computer.

Is there any other way to resolve this? Is there a service I can restart? I'd rather do this if possible rather than restarting my computer. I can't seem to find any volume levels that are muted.

A:Sound Occasionally Doesn't Work (Win7x64Ultimate)

Might want to take this up with Logitech. From looking around here,

Headphones / Headsets / Microphones - Logitech Forums

it appears that there are all kinds of issues with that headset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/140712-sound-occasionally-doesnt-work-win7x64ultimate.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey Everybody!

Alright so today i decided to try to overclock my CPU (DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000MHz 3800+) from 2.00 to 2.32 being the max that they would let me go up to in my bios.
i boot up my computer and i found that my sound driver had stopped working, i reinstalled the driver but still it doesn't work. So i went back into my Bios and set the clock speed back to 2.00 hoping it would magically heal itself. I boot up my computer and still no sound at all.

My Motherboard is PC Partner RD480k9-A72D
The Sound Driver that comes with it High Definition Audio Driver Package -Kb888111

Please Help as much as possible!

A:Sound Card Doesn't Work After Overclocking

I'm having trouble finding that Motherboard. Doing the following, exactly, will help you provide more info (note the clickable links, in the text)

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-doesnt-work-after-overclocking.115636/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, not sure if a thread like this already exists but I couldn't find one.

I took my old laptop to my local pc store for a re-store (it used to run xp) i got the laptop upgraded instead to win 7 to try and make it faster and better. Everything on the laptop now works apart from the sound, there is no sound at all, I've been told its because its incompatible but i was wandering if there is possibly a way of fixing it.

the laptop is a sony vaio vgn-fs485b.

Regards

A:Windows 7 upgrade - sound doesn't work!!

What's your sound card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-upgrade-sound-doesnt-work-661777.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My assigned sound does not work. It *used* to, but it suddenly decided it doesn't want to, now. When I click the "Preview" button, it's fine. And yes, I've re-installed/re-configured the fax.

I miss hearing Cartman getting munched on by zombies!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fax-line-assigned-sound-doesnt-work.534725/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a lot of Sound work microphone crackles, doesn't problems with my computer In an effort to keep myself from doing unnecessary work Like reformatting I m going to try and solve things starting with audio and video problems I ll probably learn something in the process too So first off I want to tackle my headset issue I got this Sound crackles, microphone doesn't work nice headset with comfortable Sound crackles, microphone doesn't work earpads surround and a flexible mic There are two issues The first is that there s crackling in the sound sometimes Sometimes restarting this will fix it but usually only Sound crackles, microphone doesn't work for awhile as it ll randomly pop back up again This makes listening to music via Winamp or other music software less than efficient And yet here s the strange part when there is enough moving video Usually has to be full-screen and it s not too crackly there won t be any sound crack at all I m not sure why this is but it means that when the video card is working there s no crackle This allows me to continue watching videos and playing games with sound thankfully Though there s a new render problem but that s a different issue The second is that while the microphone works I come off as a robot voice to other people I m pretty sure it s not the program as it s the same issue for MSN Skype Google Talk XFire or any other we tried I m not sure if it s because it s USB Other USB headsets have had issues as well but I m not sure if they re broken as they don t work on my mother s computer either or something else Another Logitech headset I have that plugs into the audio in out jacks works fine for both sound and microphone It however has another issue and isn t as good a quality I want to work on fixing this one the expensive one that belongs to me not my mom The point is the audio jacks work fine for some reason but this also restricts audio splitting Game music to speakers microphone and voice output to headset If anyone can help me or offer any thoughts or advice it would be appreciated More info Headset Arctic P quot USB Gaming Headset quot Computer Compaq CQ - Notebook PC with GB RAM Pretty sure it s DDR Computer has lately been registering this as GB erroneously Nvidia GeForce M G Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio GHz AMD Athlon X QL- Dual-Core Processor cores logical processors I m not sure if you need any more information Anything else can be found by just googling the computer name and the top result Past advertisement that is is usually what you re looking for Edit I forgot to mention I am running Windows XP -bit even though this computer was originally made for Windows Vista -bit However it ran so abysmally slow and I had times as many problems so the switch was a good choice and I haven t had any major errors with drivers and the like unless something happened without me knowing Which is possibly part of the problem but we ll see

A:Sound crackles, microphone doesn't work

Trying to fix single items on a PC that's messed up could be a waste of time.

The obvious item is the mis-reporting of memory. The possible connection between the video and audio could be that the video and audio uses that same RAM (shared memory). You should do some tests on the RAM. Plenty of tests around. That does not explain why other USB devices work OK.

BTW I usually find the Newegg pages better for quick reference of PC data. Consistent layout across all equipment, single web page, one tab to Details plus Feedback! Manufacturer sites are awful with endless selection screens.

Edit: It could be that the displayed RAM excludes allocation for the video and audio. I checked on a PC that has both onboard. Interestingly, the discrepancy seemed to be due to the video allocation alone; no apparent allocation for audio. Yours may be different.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475486/sound-crackles-microphone-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, when I start up the VoIP config. utility after install, my mic stops working, which is odd, since it works in everything else. Any ideas what to do? I have a Realtek HD Audio which comes onboard my MSI P965 Neo-F.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-in-battlefield-2-and-2142.564801/
Relevancy 59.77%

My sound started to mess up yesterday. Everytime I visit a site and run the mouse over something that makes a sound, the volume is very low. Likewise, when I play music, I can't even hear the words, yet the beat/music sounds fine. Help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Sound doesn't work for some reason

Hiya

Doubleclick the volume icon near your clock. Then click on Options | Properties. Tick all boxes and OK. Make sure all vilumes are up to maximum, and that none of the balences are in the middle.

Also, this may work, as its online:

Go to Control Panel | Internet Option. General tab. Under Delete Files, delete offline content.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-doesnt-work-for-some-reason.385456/
Relevancy 59.77%

Everything else plays fine music, movies etc. so the sound card works fine,only
thing that doesn't is windows sound scheme. It used to work but not now. Even
when I select the specific windows sound and press TEST icon to see if it
plays it does not work. Does anybody have ay idea how to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-scheme-in-vista-doesnt-work-help.753941/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just nuked and reinstalled Xp Professional. Now, even though I have installed the correct drivers, the sound devices don't work. It won't let me select a default device, even though it says that the device is enabled.

Intel G i915G chipset.

Please help. Thanks.

A:reinstalled xp, now sound device doesn't work

Try running Windows Update to check for available drivers (listed under hardware) or use software like UniBlue Driver Scanner or Driver Genuis just to see if there is better drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalled-xp-now-sound-device-doesnt-work-510198.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm having trouble playing Blu-rays on my tv through my HP laptop. The picture is choppy and sound doesn't work. I have my laptop connected through HDMI and the picture is fine, its just Blu-rays that don't work.
Do I need to change the refresh rate on my computer?
My tv is an LG plasma 42PG20-UA and Windows7 on my comp.

Thanks for your help,

A:Blu-ray playback choppy, sound doesn't work

"Do I need to change the refresh rate on my computer?"...

I would say yes. Adjust the setting up a little from 60 Hz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blu-ray-playback-choppy-sound-doesnt-work.148430/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi This is my first sound On-Board work! but detected doesn't post on here I m actually stumped for once I got a free computer from one of my friends it s better than my old athlonxp machine and put a fresh copy of XP Pro on it I got all the drivers from MSI s website loaded everything and it s great runs super fast quiet no issues killer deal for free the only On-Board sound detected but doesn't work! problem is that the sound doesn t work I have tried reinstalling the drivers several times I ve verified that the onboard sound is turned on in the bios The drivers are the most recent and installed correctly The Device Manager even shows that the sound card is installed I don t understand what the problem could be I don t really On-Board sound detected but doesn't work! want to get a pci sound card because there are only two pci slots on the mobo one of which is already taken up by my wireless card And I don t have any extra USB slots either keyboard mouse ipod external hd I ve physically examined the board and it doesn t look like there is anything damaged around the soundchip it looks like the chip says quot RTL CL quot on it I attached a shot of my device manager PS I have my wireless card disabled ATM because I am using ethernet for the time being any help is greatly appreciated and my system info is below Mboard MSI GM -V CPU AMD Athlon Ghz GB DDR Ram Onboard vid sound ethernet PCI Wireless Windows XP sp version Thanks Zach nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

hi there pals.i've a big problem with my sound in MSwindows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
unfortunately, i downloaded the latest driver REALTEK AUDIO driver 2.69 and run it to install,when it's done my computer asked for restart and i did it.but when OS comin up ,the red x in shown on the Volume icon form the right corner of windows 7(near the time and date) and sound is didn't worked!
i try to fix it but every way that i tried to fix it don't worked.even the driver of my mainboard that the ORIGINAL its driver still useless !
help me please i don't want to re-install the OS and its UPDATES and all of my programs

A:[SOLVED] sound doesn't work in windows 7!

Try booting into Safe Mode, then uninstalling the driver, then restarting Windows into normal mode again. It should detect and install the driver.

If it still doesn't work, try downloading this 3DP Chip utility, and run it. Check in its list for your Sound Device and click on it. This will link you to a download for a driver. It doesn't always detect the correct one however, but try it and let us know if it worked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-sound-doesnt-work-in-windows-7-a-650487.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm running an eMachines T1840 which worked great with the generic "Imperial" mobo it came with (SKU # MBEM2095IMPL look here) until it died a week ago. I replaced it with a Gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ board that works perfectly fine except for the sound. On the Gigabyte board there are 2 separated pin spots to connect the audio cables (one for the front L, one for front R) but there's only one cable extending from the front that feeds the front audio. The cable says LR so I'm guessing it feeds both the left and right, but on the new mobo the pins are separated enough to where I can't plug the cable in both. Is there any way to get around this to feed sound to both sides, or am I just going to be stuck listening to mono sound for the rest of forever?

A:Sound doesn't fully work on new mobo...

Good Evening Sabes, with some motherboard and cases they have matched pinouts to suit.
Unless you can obtain or make a suitable adapter you won't be able to connect the front extensions.
There shouldn't be any problem with the rears though.
Can't you use them?
qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-fully-work-on-new-mobo.474886/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone,

I have an old Toshiba notebook here, that has always had WinXP Pro installed.
Lately, I have installed Win8 Enterprise on it, but now the sound doesn't work anymore. I have tried downloading the official drivers from the Toshiba support site, but they don't work.

Specs:
Toshiba Satellite Pro A120
Model number: PSAC1E-04X01GDU
Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit
Pieter

A:Sound doesn't work after installing Win8

Doing a google search for Win 7 and Win 8 drivers, I didn't come up with an official Toshiba site. I got driver lists from non-Toshiba sites. This suggests it may not be supported by Toshiba for Win 7 or Win 8. If this is the case you are going to have to try the non-Toshiba sites until you get a driver that works.

One other thought, if you find a motherboard chipset driver, install that first and then the sound driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/24761-sound-doesnt-work-after-installing-win8.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Sometimes I want to beat the crap out of people that follow scripts when it comes to tech support I had a guy tell me to use this site here to help. work tech support doesn't Sound after update my driver for my motherboard chipset http www playtool com pages chipsetdrivers chipset html So I did so And just like it says I had an Nvdia so I downloaded it Deleted the Sound doesn't work after tech support help. old drivers rebooted and installed the new ones Then rebooted Sound doesn't work after tech support help. again Well I now have no sound At all The multimedia audio controller under device manager has the quot quot showing that its not working I know I downloaded the right file At least according to that website and the CPU-Z program So I m now lost Don t know where to get a driver to get the sound working or if thats even what I need Oh and none of my Ethernet Controllers are working either Amazing how when you go to get help they make things worse nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I recently reinstalled windows XP and the sound doesnt work.
When i try to open up the volume control it says no audio devices are installed. I have the speakers connected. Please help me...

A:I reinstalled Windows XP and now the sound doesn't work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonoster

I recently reinstalled windows XP and the sound doesnt work.
When i try to open up the volume control it says no audio devices are installed. I have the speakers connected. Please help me...

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you loaded the audio drivers for your motherboard from the CD that came with the motherboard?

You will need to do this to get the sound working.

Let us know the outcome.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-reinstalled-windows-xp-and-now-the-sound-doesnt-work-125958.html