Windows Support Forum

Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning

Q: Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning

It Stops Drive Computer Spinning Freezes/Hard all started when I was running Pro Tools on my computer I was using a lot of CPU not more than normal and suddenly my computer froze The keyboard mouse were useless so I had to restart But after restarting the hard drive was not recognized by my motherboard In fact my motherboard barely could boot up the bios I couldn t access the bios Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning Eventually I let it sit for a couple of hours and when I restarted I could boot up and as soon as Windows loaded I got the blue screen of death So months later and multiple dead ends the ending is the same the computer freezes and then the HD stops spinning I tried another hard drive installed Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning Vista got the blue screen once but it seems to work ok Granted I haven t run any programs that require a lot of memory All my sticks of RAM work I tried updating drivers and that didn t solve it I removed my video card so now am using the on board video card I disabled the sound card just in case what am I missing Um anyone have any suggestions Is this a software or hardware glitch Could it be my power supply The power supply fan is running and so is the CPU fan The case has been off since this happened so plently of air flow I think the case temperature said - degrees F The bios is loaded as FAIL SAFE defaults I ve had the computer for years and never had a problem I know Vista can be unstable but I didn t download any updates since last year I did try to run the windows memory diagnostic and it said I had a hardware problem and didn t get past on the first test I had run it about a month ago and everything passed My computer is Gigabyte GA-G M-DS R S Intel Pentium Core Quad WD raptor GB GB of RAM anything else you need nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.03%

My computer is a Gateway 200 series laptop (aka crap-I-should've-never-bought). I'm running on Windows XP Pro, and I've just had to reformat my computer because I've been getting "Operating System Not Found" errors. That's not the problem though, the thing is that the hard drive randomly just stops spinnning and the whole computer just crashes, does a memory dump, then restarts. Sometimes it stops spinning and starts again and stops and starts until the whole thing just craps out and I have to reformat it again because when I restart the computer, it does the whole "Operating System Not Found" thing again. I can't download service pack 2 or install anything because of these random hard drive stops. Is it a problem with the hard drive disk or is it a problem with whatever controls it?

Relevancy 92.88%

Hello okay so for the past hard goes drive Screen stops glitches, and spinning. black, - days my computer has been crashing and it s almost the same Screen glitches, goes black, and hard drive stops spinning. thing every time the screen glitches with pink white and green tiles and lines the cursor disappears the screen goes black and the hard drive stops spinning All the lights on the front of the computer stay on the fans stay on and the monitor doesn t say anything about not receiving a signal The first time it happened I tried turning it on right away and it booted up and let me sign in but as it was loading the desktop and icons it glitched again and froze after I shut down and let it sit for a while it worked just fine until the next day when it did the same thing again but twice in one day and with a shorter time between freezes Today I had a WerFault exe error pop up and when I clicked ok on it the bottom half of my screen turned pinkish and the computer froze when I restarted the pink tone was still there but it did not show up on any windows that I opened and when the background changed it went away Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance P S half of the time it has happened I have been playing StarCraft if that makes any difference P P S I am running Windows -bit

A:Screen glitches, goes black, and hard drive stops spinning.

Hi -There are 2 options to look at with this type of fault -The first known one is Power Supply Unit is Faulty / Dying / or just not putting out enough power - Have it tested - Known to produce "Pixilated effect" -The other one involves your WerFault.exe error , also known as Windows Error and Fault Reporting.exe tool -This is one solution if there are currently no hardware problems on your system, or there are no other major software Errors on your system -The Werfault.exe process is a part of Windows Error Reporting in Windows (Vista and Windows7) - If you do not want certain executable files or programs to send error reports, you may also create a block list.These are detailed steps you can follow to customize Windows Error and Fault Reporting.exe tool1.Go to Windows Error Reporting > open Control Panel. 2.Click > System and Maintenance, and then click > Problem Reports and Solutions.3.Click > Change Settings located in the left panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.4.Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.5.Next, click the > Advanced settings link.6.Select On or Off to configure whether you want to use Error Reporting or not.7.Click Change settings and choose the appropriate option to configure how you want problem reporting to be set for all users and programs.8.If you choose to use Error Reporting, then click the second Change setting button to configure how error reporting is set for all users. Here, you can choose from the following consent levels: - Ask each time a problem occurs ? Windows Error Reporting will ask for permission before sending an error report- Automatically check for solutions ? Minimal data is sent to find a possible fix. After consent is given, more data may be sent if requested by Microsoft.- Automatically check for solutions and send additional information if needed ? Minimal data along with data that the application developer has indicated as a requirement is sent. This sent data does not contain any personally identifiable information. After consent is given, more data may be supplied if requested by Microsoft.- Send all data - All data is sent, no prompt required. This setting is configurable only in Group Policy.9.If you do not want certain executable files or programs to send error reports, you may create a block list. To do this, click Add in the Block list section.10.Browse through your programs and add them to the list.11.Click OK to save your settings.You can try the above method as a side line, but it may not fully repair the problem, just the Werfault.exe pop-upsIf you are having any other major problems, do not disable this but post back with the other problems only -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450182/screen-glitches-goes-black-and-hard-drive-stops-spinning/
Relevancy 89.44%

My Computer freezes and stops working only when im downloading a torrent or try to stream!
The Red Blinking light (Which im sure is for the Hard Disk) stops blinking once these freezes happen
When it freezes sometimes i cant even restart it with the restart button on the case and have to take its cable out.The problem has been on my computer for a year but i havent tried fixing it.

I had a blue screen of death once but that was months ago.
Havent ReInstalled Windows even once since ive got it last year.

Sidenote: I sometimes have Administrator problems and cant do some stuff when i am the administrator could that be the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379469-computers-freezes-computer-cases-red-light-hard-drive-stops-blinkin.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Dell Precision T XP SP Computer was very fast Hard computer drive stops; slow never when new now it creeps Hard drive almost very stops I ve run the Hard drive never stops; computer slow usual spyware and malware scans and defragged Plenty of room left on the hard drive Ran a HiJack this system scan and below is the log Don t know what any of this means so I m posting it here Does anyone see anything wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS system hasplms exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Java Hard drive never stops; computer slow jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Performance Drivers nvPDsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Hard drive never stops; computer slow Loader DLLML exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files SolidWorks Installation Manager Scheduler sldIMScheduler exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data U U Launcher LaunchU exe C Program Files Dconnexion Dconnexion DxSoftware DxWare dxsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files SolidWorks Corp SolidWorks sldworks exe C Program Files SolidWorks Corp SolidWorks sldProcMon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http do-search com type hp amp ts amp from tugs amp uid ST AS RY DYB XXXX RY DYB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http do-search com type hp amp ts amp from tugs amp uid ST AS RY DYB XXXX RY DYB R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http do-search com type hp amp ts ... Read more

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
I am wondering if I am Infected. I have a Compaq Presario SR5110NX.
I am running
Windows Vista Home basic
512 MB SDRAM
the computer is very very slow and the hard drive light never stops blinking. I have run Avast

anti virus and Ad-Aware but the hard drive light never stops and it is still very slow. Could

someone please help me?

Thank you,
rjett

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329945/hard-drive-light-never-stops-blinking-plus-the-computer-is-really-slow/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

When my computer is idling the hard drive is working like mad. What is it doing? Can it be file indexing? And if yes, how do I turn it off?

A:my hard drive keeps spinning

control panel/indexing options should get you there. It could also be defender doing a disk scan or maintenance working if you have either set up to operate.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35782-my-hard-drive-keeps-spinning.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Hoping you guys can help me again My daughter s IBM laptop T running Windows XP Pro is continually spinning the hard rive with no apps running The CPU Drive keeps spinning Hard fluctuates greatly anywhere from - every few seconds That is with only the startup processes running appr I have Norton System works and have run my maintenance on the machine including defragging no viruses no spyware that Norton Spybot Adaware or MS Antispy are showing The machine is working OK Hard Drive keeps spinning but the hard drive keeps spinning and the CPU utilization is really high Any ideas Below is a HJT log just in case that shows anything Thanks in advance for your help BB Logfile Hard Drive keeps spinning of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www my yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer https http ftp gopher socks R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - Hard Drive keeps spinning AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run S TRAY S Tray exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklink... Read more

Relevancy 69.66%

I noticed today that may hard drive is itermitantly spinng all the time, even when I have nothing running. How can I check and see what's going on?
Thanks,
Bill

A:Hard drive spinning?

I ran this and checked my processes, but I don't know what's normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/64490-hard-drive-spinning.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Lately my hard drive has been spinning virtually nonstop whenever my laptop is on. This includes when I'm using it, when I'm not using it, when it's in screensaver and power saver modes, basically any time it's turned on other than when it is closed.

I'm running Windows 10.0 build 10240 on an HP Envy. Trend Micro Maximum Security is installed and may be part of the issue, I'm not sure. Otherwise there is not that much installed on the machine and I've even uninstalled some of the pre-packaged programs and disabled others in the startup menu, but the issue persists.

So my question is twofold, 1 - is this a known issue with Win 10 and/or HP's and if so what is the fix; 2 - is it just something in my configuration or with my programs that I can solve?

Happy to provide more information or post screenshots of task manager, etc.

A:Hard Drive Is Always Spinning

If you mean by 'spinning' you are hearing sounds from the laptop and or CPU usage is high, then various things to check:
Temperatures in the hardware. Have a look at the results from SPECCY
Check your system Start Ups - Task Manager > Start Ups
Autoruns is also very good to check more deeply.
Check that Windows Updates are up to date

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hard-drive-is-always-spinning.307360/
Relevancy 69.66%

So ive recently been having this problem where when i use my PC for more then a hour or so the hard drive will "re-spin" bunch of times causeing my screen to go black and crash, I thought it was just my old hard drive so I bought a brand new one, but it has the same problem. It also seems to have some sort of cool down time before I can use the pc again. Ive been searching online but have yet to find anything helpful, any thoughts?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-hard-drive-keeps-spinning-4599682/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Dell Optiplex 3.6MHz w/ 160GB Maxtor hard drive runnning WinXP Pro SP2 and have noticed the hard drive spins quite fast when I run certain applications. The applications all run smoothly and the system never locks up but the speed of the hard drive concerns me. Is there a reason to be concerned?

Relevancy 69.23%

Oh my god I am seriously about to go into panic mode My computer is acting extremely weird The hard drive is constantly spinning I can see the little orange light is on almost constantly and isn t going off Bootup was EXTREMELY slow It took like - minutes for Windows XP Pro to bootup in normal mode and - minutes for it to bootup in Safe Mode I was afraid it wasn t going to bootup at all but I let it take its time and it finally booted up I Hard My CONSTANTLY Spinning!!!! is Drive fear my hard drive has some sort of extreme problem We just recently had a thunder storm earlier this morning and I am hoping that my hard drive didn t My Hard Drive is CONSTANTLY Spinning!!!! get damaged from a surge However I figured that if it did the computer wouldn t bootup at all Everything My Hard Drive is CONSTANTLY Spinning!!!! is loading normally and stuff but it is just taking extremely long for most applications like Disk Defragmenter and such to load It seems like My Hard Drive is CONSTANTLY Spinning!!!! it s only the Windows applications that are having problems so I wonder if Windows hasn t somehow become corrupted The computer was fine this morning before the storm though I have a cheap surge protector on it but I don t think it would protect it very well from a big surge I am planning on buying a more expensive one before too long but I need to get my computer fixed first First of all I think I am just going to run some diagnostics and most likely format the hard drive because I fear the Windows has become corrupted somehow I ll do a full format and then come back on as long as nothing is wrong with the diagnostics If the diangostics find out what is wrong I ll try to fix it myself and report back to you all I have also noticed that my CD-RW the nd drive is spinning a lot too I have no idea why I fear my computer may be damaged Well I ll try diagnostics first and see what happens Between now and then please reply and see if you can help me out I d greatly appreciate it I ll report back if any major developments occur nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

My Sony Vaio computer running Windows XP recently crashed so I did a clean install instead of using the system restore disks. Now after it is done with the install the hard drive will not stop spinning after it is done booting up. It is very frustrating. Whn I use the restore disks this does not happen. I don't want to use the restore disks because there are alot of unwanted programs on it. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Thanks in advance!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-wont-stop-spinning.550994/
Relevancy 69.23%

Can anyone tell me why my hard drive is constantly spinning, when I'm watching a DVD movie on the same system? I'm using Win98SE and the system is P4 1.7GHz.
I do have my DMA activated on both the DVD and the H.D.D.
Please help!

A:Hard Drive Spinning, while watching DVD

The Hard Drive will spin while watching DVD's...

Windows still uses the hard drive for temp and SWAP files to cache the movie and the player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-spinning-while-watching-dvd.96133/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Gateway 800 desktop with a p3 processor and a 30gb quantum fireball hard drive. the machine was inactive (powered down, out of service) for several months until I began using it a couple of days ago.

The problem is that the hard drive is constantly running. I can hear it. Sometimes the "activity" light on the front of the system is lit, sometimes not. What is the hard drive doing? The system is running fine, by the way.

Thanks!

A:Hard drive constantly spinning

Hi there crestonave:

Do you have antivirus running? Could be that it is checking the HDD. Also - have you run a scandisk/defrag on the drive lately? Might be a good time to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-constantly-spinning.106843/
Relevancy 69.23%

Yesterday my boot drive started making a beep then click noise so I started to backup everything from that drive to another but I didn't get everything in time as there was at least mb of data on it by the time it stopped I must have been over half way of copying the data now I'm booting on another drive but I'd really like to get the data off of the beeping drive I've taken it apart and put the actuator in the rest position no difference still beeps taken the pcb off to check for any burns no burns The hard drive hasen't been dropped or moved at all so there shouldn't be any physical damage I've also taken the top off and plugged it in and there's no movement at all from the actuator or the spindal Not sure what else can be done here so any info would be great don't really want to spend over on recovering data

A:Hard drive beeping, not spinning

If you have taken the drive apart to the point where you are able to see the platters and drive heads you have made a serious mistake. This can only be done safely in a specially designed "clean room" using special tools and following specific procedures. Exposure of the drive internals to normal unfiltered air often does serious damage. A commercial data recovery service may be able to recover at least some of your data but there are no guarantees. Most such services have a policy that there is no charge if no data can be recovered but that does not apply if the drive has been opened. They will know.

It is always best to make backups of your data BEFORE problems develop. All files of any importance need at least 1 backup copy, 2 or more backup copies for files of particular importance. Recovery of data after a problem develops cannot be relied on.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but we must accept reality.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358997-hard-drive-beeping-not-spinning.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Any ideas Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss is drive My hard of out control spinning exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC My hard drive is spinning out of control Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc My hard drive is spinning out of control exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exeC Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Webroot Washer WasherSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop Lightroom lightroom exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a all amp pf cmdtR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www studio- com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Google Gears Helper - E FEFE -FBF - AE-BA - CA E FB - C Program Files Google Google Gears Internet Explorer gears dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE ... Read more

A:My hard drive is spinning out of control

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273999/my-hard-drive-is-spinning-out-of-control/
Relevancy 68.37%

My friend as Dell Dimension The Hard Drive became corrupt I purchased this product http sewelldirect com usbtoideadapterwith to converter asp It worked I had the entire drive and pictures that he never backed up on my harddrive But I had to leave Drive Hard Spinning! Serious Stopped help needed! so I cancelled the data transfer from his corrupt drive to my Hard Drive Stopped Spinning! Serious help needed! documents external drive When I went to my next job I did the same thing and had to leave again so I cancelled When I got home THE HARD DRIVE STOPPED SPINNING I tried to use it as a secondary drive to make sure the USB Adapter that I purchased worked Bottom line The hard drive won t spin No matter what I do He has a ton of pics on the hard drive I don t know what to do What if I remove the chip on top of the metal case hard drive case- Maxtor and buy a new chip Does that make sense I appreciate your help in advance Andy nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

A few days ago my computer crashed. After that my external hard quit spinning. What Can I do to make it spin again?

Relevancy 68.37%

I just installed a new HD this past summer. It is in a DELL Inspiron 8000 laptop. Recently, it has been making unusual noises when it spins up. Kinda like a soft 'baseball card on bike spokes' sound. I know that my desktop HD gets loud at times, but I never heard my laptop's original HD spin like this. Should I be worried? If it is a problem, what should I do before I dig out the invoice and calling the place I bought it?

Thanks.

Jerold

Relevancy 68.37%

I dont know what happened to it but when i plug the usb nothing happens. I tried listening but i heard bothing. I think it stopped spinning. What can i do to get it spinning again? Could i open the drive and put it into my laptop? IS there a way I can recover the data myself?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi. Very new in this forum. Glad if you would be able to offer any help.
I've had this problem for some time now and it has been getting worse and worse.

Explorer seems to randomly freeze making all the processes super slow. I can still work inside the open applications, but saving any of the open files takes forever.
When I hover the cursor over the taskbar it is a spinning disk. The only way to recover is to restart the computer. I can't find a pattern to these freezes. Sometimes it happens immediately after restarting, sometimes I can work for days with no incident.

Thanks,
Rain

A:Explorer randomly freezes, slows computer to a halt, spinning wheel.

Hello rainok and welcome to Seven Forums.

First thing I'd suggest is running a full scan with your anti-virus of choice. Malware likes to hook itself into Explorer. Even if your full scan comes back clean, I'd suggest running some additional free scans because no anti-malware product will be 100% effective 100% of the time. (If there was such a product we'd all be using it. ) Some of the recommended free products are Malwarebytes, ESET Online Scanner, SuperAntispyware, and Comodo Cleaning Essentials.

After checking for malware you could also install a fresh copy of Windows Explorer by following these steps:

1. From the desktop, open Task Manager by either typing taskmgr.exe in the Start Menu Search Bar, pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Right-Clicking on the taskbar and selecting Start Task Manager. Then click on the Processes tab.
2. Highlight explorer.exe by clicking on it one time and then click on the End Process button (lower right).
3. You should get a prompt asking "Do you want to end explorer.exe" so click the End Process button again.
4. All desktop icons and the taskbar will disappear. This is normal.
5. Task Manager should still be open. (If it's not, follow Step 1 above to reopen Task Manager.) Click on File (upper left corner) and then click on New Task (Run...).
6. Type in explorer.exe and click on OK. A fresh copy of Windows Explorer will be installed. Your desktop icons and taskbar should reappear within a few seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353905-explorer-randomly-freezes-slows-computer-halt-spinning-wheel.html
Relevancy 67.51%

New laptop, windows 10 home.
hitachi hard drive inside keeps spinning up and down every minute or two while idle.

To rule out background processes, I boot into plain safe mode, no networking.

Same thing. hdd spins up randomly when no one is touching the computer.

What's triggering the spin ups?

A:hard drive keeps spinning up during idle, even in safe mode

Hello link626 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Often something will be writing to the drive that will be running unnoticed in the background. One way to force the drive to sleep a bit when not being active would be going into the Start>Settings>System>Power & Sleep to make a few adjustments maybe even create a new custom plan. When the Power & Sleep screen appears you then go to the Additional power settings option at the bottom to open up the next screen where you can simply click on the Change plan settings for the Balanced plan the laptop came with which then moves onto the next screen or simply change from Balanced to Power saver.

On the third screen under any plan you will see the Change advanced power settings option which brings up a totally new screen full of items where you will find the Hard Disk settings are the second item in plain view for raising or lowering the minutes of inactivity before the drive goes to sleep as well as the "never" option for high performance desktop application mostly.

For creating a totally new plan where you can tweak things at your own pace leaving the other existing plans untouched you will want to review the guide for Creating your own power plan

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46378-hard-drive-keeps-spinning-up-during-idle-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I had an old XP machine that I ran my email server on A drive damaged repair hard spinning to Software few days ago it started to give me BSODs and after a few reboots refused to boot any Software to repair damaged spinning hard drive longer I purchased a new desktop that came with Windows Pro I then removed the hard drive from the old XP machine and attached it to that Windows computer and tried to read data off of it Unfortunately Windows Explorer was very slow to read the quot Users quot folder on the old HDD and eventually started to give me CRC redundancy errors Luckily I had a somewhat recent backup of most of the data but still I will lose about a week of data if I don't read it from the HDD that crashed So I'm curious if there's any software that can recover data from that hard drive Anything in Windows itself PS I tried to use SpinRite but that software is very old amp slow and it doesn't seem to work with newer hard drives larger than GB Mine is GB I tried it on two desktops and it crashed twice on me with this error Worse still their support blame my BIOS for which I tried every possible setting with no luck

A:Software to repair damaged spinning hard drive

You need to use a Sector by Sector program like EaseUS Todo Workstation. When you want to copy information from a hard drive that is failing, you never want to try and use it any more than you can. Otherwise you are going to end up with not being able to rescue anything after the heads have thrashed the coating on the platters so much that they are wrecked.

You are best to always keep a copy of files like media, documents, etc on a NAS or cloud drive, so that you always have them in a safe place.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60986-software-repair-damaged-spinning-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm new here so here goes. I have a 1TB WD external hard drive here (USB 3.0) but it recently stopped working. The light blinks every half second. I try to access it with Explorer or 7-zip but they freeze, YET when i unplug the drive everything instantly comes back to normal and Explorer works fine again. I tried WD's Data Lifeguard, same problem. I tried other recovery software, same problem. Tried many USB cables and at least 3 computers, but I've encountered the same problem. What do I do? Should I just look for professional services? (I use Windows 7 Ultimate.)

A:WD external hard drive freezes my computer

sounds like a fault on the WD external harddrive thats causing an issue on the PC
i would get it replaced under the warranty , not sure how long the warranty is - but most drives come with more than 1 year.
the issue maybe getting data off the drive, if its the case thats broken, as some of the WD drives with encrypted using a chip thats on the Case USB circuitry
http://www.prosofteng.com/blog/western-digital-hardware-encryption/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-external-hard-drive-freezes-my-computer.1134077/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys bought a New seagate barracuda 1TB hard drive earlier this year and have been having problems with it for a couple of weeks now, the drive makes a spinning sound as it would when it starts up and does this for a couple of times till the drive disappears from my Pc I did scan the drive for errors but none came up i also ran Seagate tools and it states the drive is fine no errors were logged in event viewer and im about to return the drive but have lost my receipt can someone please advice me if there's anything else i can do

A:Secondary Seagate Hard drive disappears after making spinning sound

Make sure all the cables are connected properly.

Open power options (Advanced) > disable power saving for storage devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345476-secondary-seagate-hard-drive-disappears-after-making-spinning-sound.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I got two 40Gb hard drives on my system (C and E). I had a problem with drive E which is the secondary drive. The error was: "The file or directory E:\ is corrupt and unreadable". I managed to recover all the data from the drive and then formatted it. But now when i try to copy some data from the drive C into it, the computer freezes for a little while every 1 second more or less as data is being transferred. Any idea?
Thank you in advance for your help.
jhsa

Relevancy 65.79%

I bought an HP v w GB USB flash drive off of Amazon and when I plugged it into my USB port and tried to transfer files to it my computer froze and I had to hold the power button to shut it down This happens every time I try to access the flash drive Additionally I have other external hard drives that has always Drive Accessed Computer External Hard is Freezes When worked for me for years and now those too are freezing my computer when I try to access them It seems like the HP flash drive affected my computer in such a way that it is preventing other devices from working properly I have gone into Device Manager and uninstalled the USB Host drivers and restarted my computer That did not solve the problem I have tried using different USB ports on my computer and that has not made a difference I have tried uninstalling the drivers for the individual external hard drives and then have them be reinstalled the next time I plug them in That has not worked For some reason though when I connect my old external hard drives through a powered USB hub I do not experience the freezing What sucks is that I think my USB Hub is USB so it takes forever for anything to transfer Every time I plug in the HP flash drive into the USB Hub I get a message saying the driver could not be properly loaded or that I don't have access to the drive et cetera I am pretty sure the HP flash drive is no good and needs to be returned but does anyone know what I can do to prevent my old external hard drives from freezing my computer without the use of a USB hub

A:Computer Freezes When External Hard Drive is Accessed

Hello and welcome Ben mate a little more specs would help mate because to see what speed USB the machine supports we need at least the model and more inportnatly the motherboard.
Use this to find those details out.
Using HW Info
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic.
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
Open each + down into the component itself and then click on it - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that device. See pic for example.
Use the lower part and find the model of the motherboard please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364179-computer-freezes-when-external-hard-drive-accessed.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm using windows haven't had many problems until now I just moved into a new apartment and i worry it's some power related damage Windows boot from won't on or CD Computer Hard Startup, Drive. Freezes i don't know I had the computer running when i moved in Then i went to buy groceries came back accidentally kicked the power strip on off switch beneath the desk with my foot and windows hasn't started since When i start the computer i have full access to my bios if i boot Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. from my HD i am shown a windows error recovery screen asking me to start windows startup repair or Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. start windows normally Selecting startup repair gets me a loading bar then a black screen maybe after min i will get a blue screen like the background of the ui when installing windows If i start windows normally i get the windows logo then a very fast BSOD flash then the computer restarts Booting from my windows install disk lets me choose between install and repair language selection then it freezes and i get the same windows style back slash ad infinitum Thanks guys i really hope i don't have any permanent damage Anxiously awaiting your replies

A:Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive.

What Brand and Model PC?

Since you can get into the bios look for a PC(hardware) Health page and check the temps and voltage listings(12v, 5v, 3.3v).

If it a stock OEM PC reset to factory defaults save and exit the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-on-startup-wont-boot-from-windows-cd-or-hard-drive-660434.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So for some time now my computer has been freezing randomly Truly randomly I don't have to be doing anything at all I can just be at the desktop or sometimes I return to find it frozen Although most of the time it isn't frozen just REALLY SLOW You have to wait a minute for the mouse to move and inch I have a setup where I have a freezes Computer randomly, drive hard help replugging it. Need fixes hooked up to my monitor I can press the input switch to go between the two However if I turn off Computer freezes randomly, replugging hard drive fixes it. Need help the without switching to the PC manually usually happens automatically when the turns off then it will be frozen when the screen returns to it And yes it IS frozen or rather really really slow like I described before Now here's the thing If I try to restart it usually gets to a point where is says quot loading IDE drive quot or something and stay there BUT if I replug my hard drive it boots up fine and won't freeze for a certain amount of time Sometimes an hour sometimes a week The problem always returns though I was wondering if anyone knows a more permanent fix I recall reading somewhere about a year ago it had to do with some setting Some frequency of megahertz or something

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-randomly-replugging-hard-drive-fixes-it-need-help-355885.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Run the western digital diagnostic tool, if it says its bad, then time to rma the disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213659-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Can we get some system spec's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213655-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I had originally posted this issue on this forum but it was moved to the "Am I infected? What do I do?" forum.  We ran ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, AdwCleaner, and Junkware Removal Tool.  We deleted or disabled start up items and scheduled tasks but computer still freezes up.  Only a reboot gets it going again.  Task Manager shows "Disk"  stuck at 100%.  There is 40 gigs space left on the drive.  It was recommended that I start a new topic on this forum.  We did find a suspicious file ... conime.exe, but I could not locate it to submit it to www.virustotal.com for evaluation.  Not sure if it is important or not but the on-screen keyboard keeps popping up. Stays gone for a while after closing but pops up again after a few minutes or whenever I open a different app. I ran FRST.  The files are attached.

A:computer freezes until reboot. Hard drive stuck at 100% but 40 Gig free space

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

FF DefaultSearchEngine: Google (avast)
FF SelectedSearchEngine: Google (avast)
FF Homepage: hxxps://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
FF Keyword.URL: hxxps://www.google.com/search/?trackid=sp-006
FF DefaultSearchUrl: hxxps://www.google.com/search/?trackid=sp-006
FF SearchEngineOrder.1: Google (avast)
FF NewTab: about:newtab
FF SearchPlugin: C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\o1visahr.default\searchplugins\google-avast.xml [2015-09-30]
CHR Plugin: (Widevine Content Decryption Module) - C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\WidevineCDM\1.4.7.771\_platform_specific\win_x86\widevinecdmadapter.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Chrome PDF Viewer) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\47.0.2526.106\pdf.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Adobe Acrobat) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AIR\nppdf32.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Google Update) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.26.9\npGoogleUpdate3.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Java Deployment Toolkit 8.0.250.18) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\dtplugin\npDeployJava1.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U25) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Windows Activation Technologies) - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\npWatWeb.dll => No File
CHR Extension: (Avast Online Security) - C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki [2015-11-24]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChrome.crx [2015-07-02]
U3 idsvc; no ImagePath
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0215A4C0-5431-4FD0-9B06-46589B5C4939}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{048ED0E0-12CF-4C0F-9FFA-947C2FBE8C8E}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{071339A1-1946-44B2-B63E-50459B15DB86}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{08A60FF7-BB37-44F4-9759-0ADA6C7B9CC9}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0B38CACA-3D3C-48EA-BEB5-7D95F4F6EE15}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0C3393F8-94F5-4B79-8C01-49A2D0CC0FE9}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0D555CE0-304A-47A6-858B-B145209A3982}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{12545889-6D32-4424-9967-1E1D7BD1F809}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{14679E3B-C952-4998-8E13-4B1286E6DD99}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{1481B385-759A-4B00-9257-E96357563999}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{162EF0A1-5A33-46F2-ACCF-CA388B084A09}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601251/computer-freezes-until-reboot-hard-drive-stuck-at-100-but-40-gig-free-space/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there, I'm in the middle of my first PC build and I've come across a problem that I need some help with.

My GPU appears to be working fine until I insert it into the slot on my motherboard the fan instantly stops spinning. The rest of the motherboard doesn't appear to hinder at all.

CPU: Intel i5 2600K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-VLE
GPU: Gigabyte ATI HD6770
PSU: SilverStone 750W SST-ST75F-P

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is any more information needed to access the problem.

A:GPU fan stops spinning, first PC build

You shouldn't be installing a graphics card (or any card) while the PC is still on. It's risky to the heath of your components. The graphics card needs to be connected to external power before it will work anyway. Connect it while the PC is off, then power it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-fan-stops-spinning-first-pc-build.178934/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi guys Someone brought me their laptop yesterday not usually my kinda thing to do repairs but I thought it was gonna be a software issue but no Anyway the after boot stops Fan spinning problem was constant BSoDs on Vista so I Fan stops spinning after boot figured I'd install which worked fine for a bit but it was still playing up given it was a fresh install and then some more blue screens I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and it said Fan stops spinning after boot there were errors within seconds but I couldn't get back onto to view them This morning I cleaned it out and swapped the memory to the other port but the screen wouldn't even switch on then so I put it back and made sure it was seated properly and ran memory diagnostic again and no errors Success The only thing is the fan isn't spinning it spins for about seconds but then nothing and I imagine soon enough it'll overheat If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful Thanks

A:Fan stops spinning after boot

Check temps -

- Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
- Download Speccy 1.14.288

The fan on my HP dv7 laptop is on for a few seconds after boot-up, then reduces/ turns off (??). When temps get high, it turns on; variable speed as needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/201836-fan-stops-spinning-after-boot.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi my PC had this problem for quite a long time now Sometimes the HDD just stops spinning randomly and starts again after a while maybe sec or even up to sec of freezing time During this time every thing on the PC freezes and the HDD light is not shining I have thought about several problems but I spinning stops randomly HDD can t decide which one is the real one PSU supply insufficient This is quite impossible since I ve got a W PSU with Plus Bronze which means my PC s max PSU supply is around W But my PC only got a GTX OC edition and no other PSU requiring hardwares CPU is i - GB RAM with two HDD The max usage should be the most W Main HDD stops spinning randomly Secondary HDD I accidentally made my old GB HDD as the main HDD while the new WD Caviar Black TB as the secondary HDD I highly suspect that it s the TB HDD that is not spinning since most of my stuff are stored on that HDD but not the GB one Im wondering if setting a disk as a secondary storage will affect its priority and performance I also got the Intel Rapid Storage thingy on my PC but it can only detect the GB HDD and not the Caviar Black Sandy Bridge MB Flaw Well I bought my PC HDD stops spinning randomly in Jan that time Intel just released the Sandy Bridge The P and H motherboards at that time had flaws which had problem in the SATA ports on the MB The problem will cause slow degration in the hardware connected to the SATA ports overtime But the flaws only occured in the GBps ports but not the Gbps ones Luckily my MB had four Gbps ports so I connected all my HDD and the optical drive to the unaffected ports Im not sure if it s the MB s problem which is highly unlikely These are the problems that I can think of if any of you guys can think of other problems which is causing my HDD to stop spinning randomly please list them so I can check them up Thanks a lot nbsp

A:HDD stops spinning randomly

You didn't list "faulty hard drive" as a possibility (even new hard drives have been known to be faulty).
Whether you configure a drive as your main (system) drive or just for storage wouldn't cause the problem you describe or affect it's performance generally. I would test the Caviar Black drive with WD's Data Lifeguard for Windows diagnostic software. Get it here: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=613&sid=3&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-stops-spinning-randomly.1042478/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there new here I have searched for about - hours on this topic I have updated as many drivers as I could and I have changed my SATA cables out I cannot figure out this problem When I am on my computer the red hard driver indicator light on the top of my case will blink constantly When I start playing a game fast, it? freezes. causes computer drive solid, What and Hard light stays then blinks it will blink really fast and then you can hear a Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? quot beep quot sound The light stays red for a few seconds Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? then goes back to blinking intermittently When it beeps everything freezes up for a bit - seconds Then it will come back and resume like before Sometimes the beeps and freezes are minutes apart sometimes they are minutes apart Its really annoying and I dont want to take it to a shop just yet Anyone ever heard of this happening Is the hard drive overheating maybe Cause it gets worse when I have things like music and games going at the same time If anyone would like to know more about the computer I will list it all

A:Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. The Check Disk Utility will check the integrity of the drive.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and run the Quick and the Extended diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-light-blinks-fast-then-stays-solid-and-computer-freezes-what-causes-it-647800.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi. I am using XP OS. My taskmanager indicates that the CPU usage % is usually between 2 - 28%, but the hard drive never stops, resulting in a frustratingly slow response. Any help will be appreciated. Dion. BTW, the Mem Usage seems to be hogged by svchost

A:HD never stops spinning causing pc to be slow

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

How much space is on the HDD?

Make and model number of your PCs components?

Have you tried running CHKDSK?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hd-never-stops-spinning-causing-pc-to-be-slow-693787.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I built a computer, and I am using a Core™ i5-3570K Processor w/ Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Motherboard, and I am using the stock CPU Fan (that comes with the Processor), I noticed that the CPU Fan only spins when the computer is booting, then stops spinning when it has finished booting (when windows has fully loaded). When I go into my BIOS Settings, the CPU Fan still spins. But when it boots Windows, it suddenly stops. I have tried unplugging my CPU Fan from the motherboard and plugging it in again, but that doesn't seem to fix it. It is in the correct socket... does anyone know how to fix this? I'm quite sure it's a BIOS Settings Issue (please let me know if it is not), if it is how to do I fix it from the BIOS?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys nbsp on... starts HDD Yoga: S1 and stops spinning Thinkpad I've got a Thinkpad S Yoga GB i with a standard HDD GB and what I've notice is one barely notices that the HDD is spinning Thinkpad S1 Yoga: HDD stops and starts spinning on... when starting up or when left idle after booting I can move the laptop around and the HDD is always as quiet nbsp I bought another Thinkpad S Yoga GB i with the same standard HDD GB and I'm noticing the following differences so wondering if there's some kind of a problem with that hard drive As soon as you power it up the HDD starts spinning and it's quite loud compared to the laptop above ie it's not really loud as such but compared to my st one you can definately notice that it's spinning whereas the other one is almost always quiet It keeps continuously spinning once it's booted up even when idle and even though the task manager and resource monitor doesn't indicate anything using the disk it's reported as usage a lot of times then when I move the laptop the most minimum the HDD stops spinning and then starts again so if I'm using it in on the move you can notice that the HDD is continuously stopping and then starting which seems quite weird to me I had never noticed that before nbsp I've tried Win pro Win pro and Win pro and it's happening in all of them nbsp The Lenovo diagnostics for that HDD don't report any problem either Any idea if the nd HDD is behaving correctly or anything I could change to make it work like my st laptop nbsp Thank nbsp you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-S1-Yoga-HDD-stops-and-starts-spinning-on-movement-plus/td-p/3441421
Relevancy 62.78%

I installed my new Hyper EVO cpu cooler yesterday It was fine C idle etc C load Then I started getting crashes in the middle of playing games Basically my PC seems to stay on the GPU fan is still spinning But as soon as my monitor screen turns black my cpu fan randomly cooler problems spinning, stops PC New cpu fan stops spinning and the light from my top exhaust case New cpu cooler fan randomly stops spinning, PC problems fan stops so I assume the case fans stop too I recall seeing my back exhaust fan not spinning as well When turning on my PC sometimes the cpu fan will still not work I have to unplug the fan and plug it back in to fix this issue Windows gave me a notification that told me that my drive had issues that needed to be repaired so I went to cmd and ran chkdsk to see what's up and it told me I had corrupt attributes along with an incorrect volume bitmap and a snapshot error Defraggler tells me my drive health is GOOD though After running a chkdsk scan on boot up and all my Windows did not load after the loading screen Just a black screen numlock blinking mouse cursor flashing I tried doing a system restore it tells me my anti virus might not be allowing it to function correctly I tried diagnosing the problem with a recovery usb stick it tells me it can't fix the issue I can get into safe mode but the problem with it randomly not spinning still persists My computer was perfectly fine with the stock fan previously I'm worried that my motherboard is fried in some way I'm going to try and reinstall the stock heatsink fan but wow that's going to take a long time Now my rear exhaust fan AND my cpu fan just won't spin at all Specs under quot My system specs quot on bottom left

A:New cpu cooler fan randomly stops spinning, PC problems

Hmm, sound like you might have shorted out a few things on your MB installing that big boy. At the same time your hard drive is crashing.
Fan Speeds are controlled by your MB BIOS or any 2nd party software you might have installed. Check all your connections

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47056-new-cpu-cooler-fan-randomly-stops-spinning-pc-problems.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys, don't mind my grammar, i'm on my phone. My problem is that my laptop keeps freezing and it won't let me do anything, I have too restart it and it still freezes, this randomly started happening today. I also can't do a system restore, says there are errors in c:/

What should I do?

A:Computer Freezes and stops working

I took this pic of my CBS.log file

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/4959/photoapr19220516.jpg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-and-stops-working-693237.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell Inspiron N laptop it's a few years old I'm on Windows The problem I'm having is that the computer will be running fine and suddenly the computer will begin to start and stop running so slow that I have to reboot I can see in the Task Manager that the CPU usage fluctuates between and a normal level All other indications of the computer 'working' - the processing light on the keyboard the movement of the mouse the sound of the computer working - all start and stop in sync It's like the whole system freezes every half second and then unfreezes again After freezes up, starts Computer and stops rebooting it goes back to normal The problem started back in March At first it happened several times in one week Then it seemed to go away for a while and now it's been happening somewhat frequently again two days in a row just now I can't think of anything I did back in March that would have caused it nor can Computer freezes up, starts and stops I think of a pattern of what actions trigger it Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Computer freezes up, starts and stops

Is it happening in all applications or just in a browser?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-up-starts-and-stops-843770.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Startup Mechanic StartupMonitor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Muiltmedia keyboard utility KbdAp A exe C Program Files net freezes (computer working) and log HJT stops Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files dvd HJT log (computer freezes and net stops working) dvd tray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files BitLord Downloads BitLord Pro UseNext Bitlord Pro UseNext Bitlord Pro UseNext incl acount-maker working Download with ur whole bandwitch Enjoy svchost exe C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master Monitor exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files WallaPaper WallaPaper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Sony Shared Plug-Ins Media Manager MSSQL SONY MEDIAMGR Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - BHO CoTGT BHO Class - C CF - F- - AC-E D C C - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP TGT BHO dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-computer-freezes-and-net-stops-working.511929/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm in safe mode right now because my computer keeps freezing. I can't run malware bytes either ( It freezes) I think I may have opened an e-mail with a link that downloaded a virus in to my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer stops responding and Freezes

Try running ADWCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/131/

After running both of them restart into safe mode again and try running rkill:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/

Then try malwarebytes chameleon:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/chameleon/

Another thing to try would be opening a cmd prompt and typing:
chkdsk /r /f

Then restart

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526255/computer-stops-responding-and-freezes/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've had this problem now for a while, the hard drive light is constantly flashing and you can hear the drive doing what it does, so decided to go ahead and do an upgrade.  Bought a new 2TB WD hard drive, and did a new install of Win 7 Home Edition.  

Problem still exists.  I am looking at the Resource Monitor > Disk Activity and there is a lot of stuff going on.  I've captured a screen shot.  Can anyone tell me what is going on and can I stop this madness?  I left my computer running all night, woke up around 4 am, and it is just as busy as ever.

Ran malwarebytes on it today and says everything is clean.

Help.

Thanks!
 hard drive activity.PNG   607.48KB
  1 downloads

A:New install, new hard drive, but hard drive never stops

Pretty much just looking like windows indexing your hard drive on a clean install. Pretty normal. SearchIndexer.exe is the windows indexing programing, that is reading the files and the data being written below that to the programdata\microsoft\search\ directories is where the indexed data is stored. This just makes it faster to search for files using the Windows search function. Leave the computer on for a couple of days and it should finish shortly.
However I have seen it where if you have a file that is corrupted for some reason it will cause the search indexer to lock on that file. If you restored old data to your drive windows will reattempt to index all of that old data, and potentially run into a problem file. 
If it just drives ya nuts though you can just disable the searchindexer service by hitting Start, typing services.msc, hit enter. Towards the bottom of the list find the service named Windows Search, double click it and change the startup type to disabled. Restart and you should see decreased disk activity, but will find that if you search for files it will be a bit slower.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574320/new-install-new-hard-drive-but-hard-drive-never-stops/
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer has been shutting down and restarting on its own.
Sometimes, it just freezes and I have to hold down the on/off button to shut it off.
The battery is useless so I removed it.
Not really getting consistent error messages..

A:Computer freezes/Windows 7 stops working

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

================

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585842/computer-freezeswindows-7-stops-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello Techspot thanks for taking your time to read this Let me describe my problem Days ago I started my pc and it didnt boot - no error beep - just no response After some tinkering checking if all cards and cables are correctly plugged the system booted again but as soon as the windows loading screen appeared I heared a clicking sound very sure it was hdd and the system responding for freezes stops Computer or several seconds just Computer freezes for several seconds or stops responding rebooted - next try same result I decided to plug in my boot usb-stick and execute a fixmbr - after a reboot the system started xp I ran HDtune and speedfan to read the smart data and it reported pending sectors after that I rebooted to run Computer freezes for several seconds or stops responding the samsung tool quot ESTool quot and ran a diag it reported the pending sectors as well and suggested quot Erase Data quot Before running a low-level format I wanted to find out more and while running a browser or accessing certain files of the hdd I experienced the freezes They last for Computer freezes for several seconds or stops responding - seconds and even freeze the cursor for that time then cursor is movable for a second then its freezed again - sometimes it will stop after some minutes twice I had to reboot windows I decided to run the low level format which reported no errors same with the full diagnotic scan I reinstalled windows xp sp installed the most essential drivers and updated to sp and even hdtune and speedfan tests reported no more errors When I started Internet explorer to access the windows update site the freezes occured again and it seems the format was no real fix at all I ran memtest for hours test cycles and no errors and currently im running another hutil test older version of samsungs ESTool which im sure will not show errors as well im really no expert but I would pinpoint the problem to the hdd or the ram more likely the hdd since the bad sector story Since my budget is really limited right now I want a second opinion before I spend my last bucks for a new hdd and the problem isnt fixed System never overclocked Windows XP Home SP Wolfdale Core Duo ghz x gb GEIL DDR Gigabyte ga-g -mf F Bios Realtek onboard sound amp lan Gainward GTS gb Xilence w PSU English isnt my native language so im sorry for any mistakes I made nbsp

A:Computer freezes for several seconds or stops responding

I forgot to add the HDD

its a Samsung Spinpoint (HD501LJ) 500gb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-for-several-seconds-or-stops-responding.180567/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey would love to get some help or advice for this problem My laptop was infected with antimalware doctor a few days ago I though id gotten rid of it but my computer is still acting a little strange It boots up normally but after a few mins- hours of using the internet the page I'm on becomes unresponsive When I try opening a new page or try to open IE instead computer freezes Help?Internet working, stops of firefox it says Help?Internet stops working, computer freezes i'm offline Then everything proceeds to freeze up until im forced to shut down I was wondering if I might still have a virus I saw this on another thread so I ran hijackthis and these are the results I got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT Help?Internet stops working, computer freezes MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Best Security Tips Toolbar - da eff -ccc - -a d- a a - C Program Files Best Security Tips tbBest dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B... Read more

A:Help?Internet stops working, computer freezes

Welcome to TSF :)

Before we continue, i need DAEMON Tools Lite uninstalled.

We need to see some additional information about what is happening in your machine.
Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr
DDS.pif

Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
1. DDS.txt
2. Attach.txt
Save both reports to your desktop.
The instructions here ask you to attach the Attach.txt.

Instead of attaching, please copy/past both logs into your next reply.
Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.
After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.
Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

=======================================

Download GMER Antirootkit Here, click on Download EXE and save to your Desktop
Disconnect from the internet and disable all active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver
Double-click Gmer.exe to run the program.
When the program opens, click the "Rootkit" Tab
On the right-side, check all the items to be scanned, but leave "Show All" unchecked
Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned
Click the Scan button
When the scan is finished, click Copy to save the scan log to the Windows clipboard
Open Notepad or a similar text editor
Paste the clipboard contents into a text file by clicking Edit | Paste or Ctl V
Save the gmer scan log and post it in your next reply.
Close Gmer
Open a command prompt (Start | run |type cmd and hit Enter)Type or paste the following to unload the gmer driver:
net stop gmer
Hit Enter
Exit the command prompt.

Re-enable all active protection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-internet-stops-working-computer-freezes-500477.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2. My computer is a Gateway GM5410E, Intel Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 ghz, 2 gb RAM - 32 bit
For as long as I can remember this computer will be working fine and then I will hear the hard drive start making a lot of noise (maybe its not the hard drive) once this noise starts everything slows down to almost a complete stop. It usually lasts 3-5 minutes then goes away. I have not found any way to make it start or stop and it seems to happen randomly. I've run scans with MSE and malwarebytes and AVG but have never found any problems. What can I do?

A:Hard Drive starts spinning loudly and all programs wither stop or slow down to a near stop

Welcome aboard Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspxUnzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.Click on View > Select Colunms.In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.Attach the file to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411469/hard-drive-starts-spinning-loudly-and-all-programs-wither-stop-or-slow-down-to-a-near-stop/
Relevancy 60.63%

My hard drive seems to be running all the time I had a fast computer but now its bogged down Im running windows This is the hijack this text Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe drive stops Hard never C Program Files x Research In Motion BlackBerry Desktop Rim DesktopHelper exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files x Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Users spike AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C Program Files x SmarThru Office BackUpSvr exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Hard drive never stops C Program Files x Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files x TuneUpMedia updater TuneUpUpdater exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox Beta plugin-container exe C Hard drive never stops Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox Beta plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox Beta plugin-container exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion RIMDeviceManager RIMDeviceManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers BbDevMgr exe C Program Files x Research In Motion BlackBerry Desktop Rim Desktop AutoUpdate exe C Program Files x TuneUpMedia updater TuneUpUpdater exe C Users spike Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run nmctxth quot C Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe quot O - HKLM Run nmapp quot C Program Files x Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe quot -autorun -nosplash O - HKLM Run Samsung PanelMgr C Windows Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exe autorun O - HKLM Run STO Backup Service C Program Files x SmarThru Office BackUpSvr exe O - HKLM Run STO Launcher Service C Program Files x SmarThru Office x LegacyLauncher exe run O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-never-stops.1005874/
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently when i was on my computer my monitor screen just went blank but my computer was on. So I restarted the computer it worked for a few mintus and just blanked out again. So i decided to switch the ide and the sata cables (i have 2 hard drives) so after wards it worked for a while but after a few weeks it went off again. Can it be because the cables i was useing in both terms were messed up.

A:hard drive just stops

On the face of it, heat is a possible cause. Check fans, that heat sinks are seated properly and that air-flow is in no way impeded. If you can open the case, try blowing air in with a small fan to see if the machine runs longer, and check the hardware temps in BIOS if available.

You may have better luck diagnosing if you put the cables back and change just one item at a time in attempts to solve the problem. After all, it did work the way the cables were connected originally, and the sort of intermittent problem you describe is rarely due to cabling.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-just-stops.438642/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Over the last working, stops computer Graphics freezes? driver few days my computer has been freezing Before it freezes I repeatedly get a black screen flashing up and then a message that Graphics driver stops working, computer freezes? my graphics driver wasn't working but is has been repaired It does this about times before completely freezing ctrl alt Graphics driver stops working, computer freezes? del doesn't do anything I have forced it to shut down and started it up and it works for about minute At the time I was using microsoft one note which I haven't had any problems with before and google chrome which I have only recently installed I tried uninstalling chrome Graphics driver stops working, computer freezes? and using IE but it did the same after about only a minute of being switched on My laptop is about years old but I've only had problems over the last few days I'm currenly using safe mode and I'm not having any crashing freezing My laptop is a dell vostro Windows home premium Processor Inter r core TM i CPU M GHz Ram gb GB usable Could anyone advise me on what to do Thanks

A:Graphics driver stops working, computer freezes?

try to uninstall graphics drivers and reinstall them. Maybe they could cause the freezes..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/255251-graphics-driver-stops-working-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i've read post on this subject for weeks, maybe months, none of the things posted have solved the problem: when downloading or watching most videos, it all stops until i move the mouse? this does not happen with my laptop, or any other computers i have tried: just this HP desk computer, running windows 7
one laptop runs windows 7, the other XP: but both are running thru the same dsl/router line.
thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

So last night I fell asleep with my computer on It was working perfectly but I had been tired and lazy and had just gone to sleep I woke up at around AM and was too lazy to wake it up and turn it off so I stupidly just held the button down and shut it off that way This morning I wake up turn on the computer and all seems well Until after about minutes Then Freezes Stops Up Working Monitor Computer Randomly, playing Warcraft while I m telling this story the computer completely freezes up I can t Alt F I can t get my process manager to show up so I m forced to restart it cold It then happens again and not only when I m online with Warcraft How it goes is it goes COMPLETELY frozen after a while whether during boot up or while on desktop view Then the screen goes black yet the CPU shows as the computer still on Green Light is still going I ran a System Restore to the th of the month but it did nothing concerning this issue I m not sure if that eliminates a Software Issue and keeps Hardware in question or what Can anyone give me any input I m not code freindly or anything so if you guys could keep it quot Computer Freezes Up Randomly, Then Monitor Stops Working lamens quot termed and any advice as to where to go Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Freezes Up Randomly, Then Monitor Stops Working

Laymans terms....

1st thing to try would be a checkdisk, seeing as it had a bad shutdown.

Boot it up, go into "My Computer", Right click on the "C" drive, select Properties, Tools, Error Checking. Tick BOTH the boxes, and hit OK.
It will prompt to reboot, do so, and it will check the Hard Drive for File Errors, bad sectors etc.

Hopefully that'll do the trick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-up-randomly-then-monitor-stops-working.89511/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I wondered whether anyone could help My computer has been progressively getting slower and slower and the c drive seems to be so full even though I have windows slow working sometimes computer, and freezes stops 7 defraged and cleaned the disk Windows also seems to be playing up I have run boot scan avast and anti malware and anti spyware boot programs and it still does not seem to help Below are my logs I slow computer, freezes and windows 7 sometimes stops working have also attached two more logs because the program told me to put them in a zip file Many Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x EPSON Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users lydia Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www zooborns com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO WOT Helper - C E A- F - E -BDD -A E FEB - C Program Files x WOT WOT dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar WOT - - D- c -AAE - F EC BF D - C Program Files x WOT WOT dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run EEventManager quot C Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe quot O - HKCU Run EPSON SX Series C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATIFCE EXE FU quot C Users lydia AppData Local Temp E S EE tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot O - HKCU Run EPSON SX Series Copy C Window... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit version. I have 2 hard drives a 120G Kingstone SSD on which i have the OS(that runs ok) and a WDC 250G regular SATA hard drive(whit which i have problems). My problem is that lately when it comes to the second drive windows act strange . When i boot windows it sees the sata drive with all the partitions. The access to the data on it seems slower. After around lets say 5-10 minutes the hard drive cannot the accessed and windows no longer sees it. After reboot everything is back to normal(for the next 5-10 minutes, the the problem is back). What is the problem?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 stops seeing second hard drive

I would first check my cables to make sure they are completely seated and not losing connection to the drive. If that does not help I would run the manufacturer's Diagnostic test and run the DOS test, the short drive self test and the long drive test, The Western Digital software can be found at WD Support / Downloads / SATA & SAS / WD Black If that one won't work, try using Seagate's diagnostic Seatools for DOS SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330361-windows-7-stops-seeing-second-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all,

I currently have a 2 year old computer (top of the line when I bought it back in the days) with Windows Vista. Just recently have I been noticing this problem...the hard drive light is constantly on and I can hear the hard drive always running. I'm not sure what is causing it as I cannot tell much from the task manager. After booting up, the hard drive starts running right away. I wonder if it has to do with the Windows Updates I've just installed or the websites my daughter keeps visiting (facebook/youtube).

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated...I just want the hard drive to run...when it's supposed to, not when the computer is idle.

Thanks,
CompNewbie

Relevancy 59.77%

Dear trusted BC Mods As I type this my hard drive sounds like a John Deere Hopefully I'll finish the running Drive stops Hard message Hard Drive stops running before Hard Drive stops running it decides to fall asleep for a period of time ranging from to seconds I have already downloaded Process Explorer to investigate if it is a file that is running improperly and thus causing my machine to quot fall asleep quot and noted that csrss exe is particularly active and it is also a critical Windows file That being said I haven't done anything further as eliminating said file would probably be a regrettable decision Could this be a factor anyhow or might it be another issue causing this problem Also might it even be hardware incompatibility as the video card is very outdated computer did indeed fall asleep times in the process of writing this message My specs are as follows Vista Home Premium -bit AMD Dualcore Processor GeForce SE GB RAM GB HD Thanks for your help -The Seventh Son

A:Hard Drive stops running

Update your antivirus and scan for viruses. If you've no spyware protection, download, install, update and scan with (not at the same time) Adaware and Spybot S&D.

If that yields no fruit, run your Check Disk set to correct surface errors and defrag.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205911/hard-drive-stops-running/
Relevancy 59.77%

My hard drive all of a sudden sounds like it never stops running - even if I leave the computer for quite a while. I'll come back and it's still running. What's going on???

Relevancy 59.77%

Here's a couple XP problems my buddy has on an Intel ASUS PE4MoBo, 2.4 Ghz Pentium

1. Hard drive keeps active. Constantly caching maybe? He has a new 80 gb maxtor and Norton System works is loaded. It really slows the system down while this hard drive is constantly reading.

2. ATI radeon 9500, fails a couple self tests with Direct X. Yet I can't find direct x anywhere, did a search and came up with an empty Dirx directory, reloaded Dirx 9.0 but I can't find the set up icon for testing.

A:hard drive activity never stops

1. Press ctrl-alt-delete and bring up the Windows task manager. Select the process tab. Look in the cpu column. This shows how much cpu resources each process is using. While the hard drive is constantly being accessed check which processes are using the most cpu. This may help to narrow down what exactly is causing the hard drive to be constantly accessed.

2. The directx utility is most easily accessed by going to start-->run then typing dxdiag.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-activity-never-stops-5335.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi please check my system Drive Hard stops responding specs below I have this Seagate tb hard which I bought in May Still under warranty which gave up booting windows days ago when I got home I restarted the pc times and it was able to load windows x but eventually everything stops like computer freezes but mouse works Everything works again in to minutes then again the same problem after couple of minutes I thought it was a bad hard drive but gave it to a friend and told him to check this hard drive he thoroughly checked it and found no problems with the hard drive after running it for to hours He even tried booting from it and found no issues at all Yesterday I plugged this hard back into my pc with a new data cable and changed power cable too but the problem is still the same with me could it be a bad PSU Mobo socket or other issue p s my usb ports keep connecting disconnecting since some months even though I've changed power supplies and motherboard Please help

A:Hard Drive stops responding

Did you try running in safe mode to discount possibility of bad drivers ? You can also try booting with a Linux live from CD or USB ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57165-hard-drive-stops-responding.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My new laptop has recently started freezing for no reason. It only freezes and stops responding when I'm connected to the Internet but when I turn off the wifi it won't freeze. I've been looking for why this is and haven't found any answers yet. I've used an antivirus and it has said it hasn't found anything. Any help is appreciated.

A:Computer randomly freezes and stops responding when connected to internet

How new is the laptop?  Is it new for you, or is it newly purchased?
What antivirus did you scan with?  Have you tried ADWCleaner and MalwareBytes AntiMalware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619061/computer-randomly-freezes-and-stops-responding-when-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 59.34%

i get these random hangs no matter what i've been doing even if no programs are running my hdd led shows no activity hdd does nothing and though the system doesn't actually freeze up i can do whatever i want as long as that stops responding Hard Drive (hang) particular action doesn't require hdd activity i can move the cursor type bring up start menu even work with open applications right until it wants to read or write from to the hdd then i get the busy cursor and the waiting begins the time the system recovers all by itself vary from around minutes to minutes after that like nothing happened everything works fine for some time until the next random occasion when it starts all over again when one hdd goes out all of my external drives experience the same problem with the hang and not wanting to write to drive the drives range from GB to two TB drives Hard Drive stops responding (hang) all showing same behavior when the system hiccups like this Flash drives too

A:Hard Drive stops responding (hang)

Post a screenshot of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info software:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Run a Hard Drive test:SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329165-hard-drive-stops-responding-hang.html
Relevancy 59.34%

we have imaged about 100 hp prodesk 400 G3 with 64 bit Windows 7, about 10 percent video went off after change computer name or join domain, hard drive does not turn either, cannot even get into BIOS, one pc monitor power shows dimmer and brighter cycling. it seems the board has some kind of problem. we have about 300 pcs, now it is more than 10 pcs went down.  I suspect that the power part on mother board has problem, it seems the signal cannot be catched.  any idea? 10 percent defect rate is too high for mass production.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-deskpro-400-G3-screen-went-off-and-hard-drive-stops-in-a/td-p/5785140
Relevancy 59.34%

This has happened to me 2 times today and I think one time last night, and I don't know why.

I have my 640GB HDD which has my OS partition, and I have my 1TB WD HDD which has games and other things. For some reason that hard drive and both partitions disappears from windows. Rebooting fixes it, but I don't want to have to do that who knows how many times a day.

EDIT: I Think it was a prob with my sata cord. I moved it and plunged it into a diff sata slot and I changed my power management and it is still going ok...so prob solved!?

A:Windows 7 stops detecting 2nd hard drive

Read this and thought maybe you should check yur cables or try a different port. Glad it is working out.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132983-windows-7-stops-detecting-2nd-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed office home and Student days ago with much diffaculty Had to have microsoft tech help install He said their was currupt files on the laptop Once it was install the Laptop was unstable and crashed almost immeriatly I ran a backup and restated the laptop back to the quot origional Condition quot Since then the Laptop CPU and Hard drive don t Stop The laptop was never this slow before I don t know what is running in the backround causing the problem PLEASE HELP the laptop has become useless at its current speed SYSTEM INFO Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have XP SP and was using MP B to Burn Stops Hard Before Drive Responding burn a MP CD when my Hard Drive began to make some strange sound like when a fan is stuck with something tak tak tak tak tak then my computer went out with a blue screen and an error message that said something like there has been internal error possible cause is new hardware The message said that my computer will have to Hard Drive Stops Responding Before Burn restart and if problem persists to contact manufacturer So I shut down my computer and restarted it and my HDrive would make that same sound I just shut it down immediately Please anyone please don t tell me that I have lost all my data Is there any way to retrieve any data from my HDrive without risking losing any more info music docs that is if data has not been Hard Drive Stops Responding Before Burn lost already Is it possible to quot open quot the hard drive and fix the prob im do not fix hardware neither hard drives Im just asking maybe someone who is an expert in hardware repair troubleshooting can do it HELP PLEASE nbsp

A:Hard Drive Stops Responding Before Burn

dannybz said:

Hello,

I have XP SP2, and was using MP11 B1 to burn a MP3 CD when my Hard Drive began to make some strange sound, like when a fan is stuck with something, tak tak tak tak tak... then my computer went out with a blue screen and an error message that said something like there has been internal error possible cause is new hardware. The message said that my computer will have to restart and if problem persists, to contact manufacturer. So I shut down my computer and restarted it, and my HDrive would make that same sound. I just shut it down immediately.

Please, anyone, please don't tell me that I have lost all my data. Is there any way to retrieve any data from my HDrive without risking losing any more info, music, docs. that is, if data has not been lost already. Is it possible to "open" the hard drive and fix the prob, (im do not fix hardware, neither hard drives), Im just asking, maybe someone who is an expert in hardware repair/troubleshooting can do it.

HELP PLEASEClick to expand...

Install a new harddrive and see if you can access the old one as a slave. If you were willing to pay a very high price, there are companys that could probably retreive the data for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-stops-responding-before-burn.500576/
Relevancy 59.34%

Comic Sans MS
I USE A PENTIUM 4 3.06 PROCESSOR SYSTEM WITH 1 GB DDR 400 RAM,
120 GB HARD DRIVE. VIDEO CARD AGP 32MB. LARGE CASE WHICH CAN SUPPORT 14 DRIVES; ONLY 4 DRIVES AT PRESENT; COOLING DONE WITH 6 80MM FANS; POWER SUPPLY 450 WATTS.

QUESTION: WHY DOES MY HARD DRIVE SHUT DOWN WHEN RUNNING A
DVD MOVIE? POWER SUPPLY CONTINUES TO RUN; MOUSE FUNCTION CEASES;
THEN I HAVE TO PRESS RESET WHICH I DON'T LIKE TO DO!!!

WHY??????????????

WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT HARD DRIVE LOCKUP?

Relevancy 59.34%

Holy amp I am officially past aggravated I needed to reformat an internal hard drive on a Gateway Laptop GZ GB drive I am using a Windows XP Pro Upgrade CD along with a Hard Solved: stops format the?!!? at 73%. - Drive What Can't full version of Windows SE for verification and I deleted all partitions and set it to format the entire disk Did not select quick format NTFS just regular Format NTFS The drive used to have Windows XP Home on it The boot ini and many other operating system files were badly damaged or corrupt so I had no choice other than to set it up as a slave drive and retrieve all of the data then go for a full format and reinstall of OS Now I am stuck here at my nd attempt at reformatting this drive and it will not format past I Googled Solved: Can't format Hard Drive - stops at 73%. What the?!!? and read about this happening yes at exactly but only on GB hard drive by Seagate and the solution was based solely on Vista users Yes I searched and searched but only found that exact entry problem or maybe it was GB - I dunno So what s going on and what is the easiest way to fix - or is the drive bad or This is ridiculous really Please if anyone can assist soon I would really really be grateful Solved: Can't format Hard Drive - stops at 73%. What the?!!? nbsp

A:Solved: Can't format Hard Drive - stops at 73%. What the?!!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-format-hard-drive-stops-at-73-what-the.875593/
Relevancy 59.34%

Basically I had my primary slave drive start giving me greif with write errors and that and so I thought I ought to scandisk it I had a load of sector errors and it spent a day or two fixing them all When it finally finished windows obviously on the master drive refused to boot saying error initialising SHELL krnl exe missing or invalid press any key to continue ----- and then shut down when u did After all sorts of sillyness like reinstalling the file I found and disabling bus mastering oh yeah - safe mode worked that the computer would boot if i removed the drive However I could always view stops drive my booting 2nd windows hard the drive in dos and i ve now plugged it into this machine and i can read and execute files and it booted into windows albeit perfectly I was just hoping my 2nd hard drive stops windows booting you may have some my 2nd hard drive stops windows booting idea of my 2nd hard drive stops windows booting something I could tweak to make it work again on mine the drive is a maxtor diamondmax vl rpm gb at drive thanks in advance for anyhelp cheers Jonny Platt nbsp

A:my 2nd hard drive stops windows booting

Hi namdas, welcome to TSG....

What operating system is running on the primary master drive?

Does it still boot up by itself?

Once you disconnected the problem drive and put it into another machine, you more than likely changed the jumpers....make sure you change them back to slave when attempting to re-install it in your other machine.

Also, bios will need to re-recognize the drives again as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-2nd-hard-drive-stops-windows-booting.54130/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello this is my first post here I have Windows Vista Business with internal gig SATA hard drives running independently I ve had this computer for about months but in the last few weeks I have noticed that the second drive D shuts down randomly then restarts about seconds later I noticed this from the sound of the drive re-starting then opened up the computer to see and hear what & hard drive 2nd stops frequently restarts was happening Sometimes the quot stop and re-start quot happens every few minutes sometimes not for longer periods It s 2nd hard drive stops & restarts frequently possible this had always been happening with this computer since I don t use it that often and when I used to hear the drive spinning down I thought it was a power saving thing since I hadn t been accessing the D drive I also recently installed Hard Drive Inspector Professional a drive monitoring software I at first blamed that since it checks the temperature of the drives frequently but their tech support had no similar complaints Besides when I close the program I still have the problem My Windows drive sleep setting is set to minutes but I don t see where I have the option to select different setting for the different drives thinking perhaps a long shot that the D drive is set to sleep every minute Computer specs dual core CPU ghz gig ram -bit operating system Gateway E Thanks -Bob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-hard-drive-stops-restarts-frequently.638005/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have found something odd today. Normally my computer goes into hybrid sleep mode just fine. But I have just added an oldish SATA hard drive to the system, and now it won't go into sleep mode.

After selecting Sleep, the screen fades to black then immediately returns to the "computer locked" screen.

The drive itself seems to work fine, and the problem goes away after disconnecting the SATA cable from it.

Anybody got any ideas for this one?

A:Hard drive stops Windows 7 from sleeping

Welcome!

Might want to check the properties for that drive in Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226788-hard-drive-stops-windows-7-sleeping.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Last week installed new XFX R9 280X video card.
New RAM, 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600 MHz DDR3 PC3 non-ECC CL9 DIMM XMP.
New power supply, Ultra X4 Special Edition, 750w 80 Plus Bronze M.

Ever since, a random crash of the computer with the monitor going to black (still powered, but in standby), no mouse or keyboard will work,
a buzz in the speakers, and the hard drive stops, tho all fans keep running.
The only thing I can do is do a hard shut-down (hold the on/off for 7-8 seconds), then power it back up.
Can you help?
gregk49

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595988/screen-goes-black-hard-drive-stops-have-to-reboot/
Relevancy 58.48%

My new Dell XPS PC has Vista Home Premium installed and the hard annoying - HiJack - Hard never stops Drive included drive light is always flashing and I can almost constantly hear the hard drive I have read it may be indexing etc but I would assume it would stop eventually It never has in weeks I have checked Task Manager and nothing obvious is accessing the CPU at all times Maybe this Hijack Hard Drive never stops - annoying - HiJack included file can help Thanks for any help yopur Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exe C Program Files McAfee MSK mskagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Microsoft Money MNYCoreFiles msmoney exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system ... Read more

A:Hard Drive never stops - annoying - HiJack included

Solved -

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-never-stops-annoying-hijack-included.603142/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an external hard drive - ClickFree 527B3, 500GB. It doesn't have warranty. Whenever I try to write files to it it will stop working, and show up as empty, after 16GB have been written. I reformatted it and the same thing happened. I tried creating two (primary) NTFS partitions and only one worked in Disk Managment. Is there any hope for this drive?

A:External Hard Drive stops working after 16GB

Your ClickFree is a speciality product used to automatically backup the content of the PC to which it is plugged in. We may not know how it is configured to achieve that goal.

In general,

You may have to stick to the procedures laid down for the device on how to format it through ClickFree interface and how to use it.

I also understand you have a Master Reset facility that will reset the drive to factory defaults.

If all these do not resolve your problem you may have to take up the matter with the Tech Support for ClickFree.

You may also check Clickfree and Kooboodle Forums on some troubleshooting tips and other discussions.

You may also post a screenshot of how your ClickFree shows up in Windows Disk Management. ( Please click on the Show/Hide Console Tree and Show/Hide Action Pane icons on the tool bar of Windows Disk Management screen so that we get a full screen view without any truncation.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341732-external-hard-drive-stops-working-after-16gb.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows drive never activity stops blinking! light Hard XP Home with GB ram and about all I use it Hard drive activity light never stops blinking! for is email while traveleing and PowerPoint presentations when I teach I have a Linksys wifi card which I don t use at home since I Hard drive activity light never stops blinking! have no wifi network at home But if I want to use the web at home Hard drive activity light never stops blinking! I wire up my Ethernet cord that comes from my Comcast cable modem through my Linksys Ethernet router At the moment I have booted it up but I have not put in the wifi card and I have not connected the modem So the only wires into the rig are for vac power and the mouse I ve completed the normal startup and I m looking at the customary Windows desktop screen All icons are lit and steady Everything on the quick launch bar and the task bar is normal The cursor is the customary arrow and it s steady I ve been in this configuration for nearly minutes now and the hard drive activity light on the front of the rig has not stopped blinking randomly the whole time What the is it doing nbsp

A:Hard drive activity light never stops blinking!

Have you checked in Task Manager under processes to see what might be running that may be causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-activity-light-never-stops-blinking.887558/
Relevancy 58.48%

For some reason my harddrive never stops running it just runs constantly sounding like a popcorn machine over my shoulder I ve uninstalled everything I don t need defragged several times and stops never drive Hard log running (Hijackthis included) even ran a selective startup so I d only be running essential programs but I can t figure out why this harddrive won t stop spinning Thanks in advance for any help Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Hard drive never stops running (Hijackthis log included) Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Hard drive never stops running (Hijackthis log included) WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C AHK AutoHotkey exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE FRONTPG EXE C Program Files ESET nod kui exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Darkstep Toolbar - c b b -b - cd- dbd-dcdde cdd - C Program Files Darkstep tbDar dll R - URLSearchHook FallenSwordBar Toolbar - cb c - a - - -b ced a a - C Program Files FallenSwordBar tbFall dll O - BHO FallenSwordBar Toolbar - cb c - a - - -b ced a a - C Program Files FallenSwordBar tbFall dll O - BHO Darkstep Toolbar - c b b -b - cd- dbd-dcdde cdd - C Program Files Darkstep tbDar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Darkstep Toolbar - c b b -b - cd- dbd-dcdde cdd - C Program Files Darkstep tbDar dll O - Toolbar FallenSwordBar Toolbar - cb c - a - - -b ced a a - C Program Files FallenSwordBar tbFall dll O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-never-stops-running-hijackthis-log-included.825207/
Relevancy 58.48%

I tried to defrag my fathers hard drive on his windows xp sp2 based Dell system and it couldn't defrag certain .BIN files. Where it shows you the color coded analysis of your fragmented hard drive there are many larger areas that are totally red (fragmnented files) I tried to run scan disc and it got to stage 4 of 5 and scanned up until 59% and then stopped.
I know he tried installing some Norton System Works program and it didnt complete installation - he tried to "go back " after installation failed and it gave him some error message which I wasn't there to see. He has Norton Antivirus 2007 (against my recommmendations) installed also.

Could those .BIN files that I can't defrag be something from Norton System Works ? Is there any way for me to get rid of them without removing Norton Antivirus ? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Hard Drive Won't Defrag + Scan Disc Stops

As I understand it, .bin files can be just about anything.http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/binfile/1I guess I don't know what you mean when you say you couldn't defrag .bin files.Hopefully, you meant that you tried to run chkdsk /r or chkdsk from My Computer, rather than "scan disc" or (worse) NSW.XP Chkdsk, Using the Graphical Version (My Computer) - http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html Be sure to insert check marks in both boxes.I used NAV for about 5 years and NIS for another. If you want to uninstall NSW completely, you need to try using Removing your Norton program using SymNRT - http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...v=&osv_lvl= LouisA drive which needs to have chkdsk run...normally will have trouble defragging. Chkdsk runs first, then defrag.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122074/hard-drive-wont-defrag-scan-disc-stops/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I'm new to BleepingComputer and I'm not exactly sure how this works when by infected working "Monopod" rundll.exe freezes stops virus; Computer continuously and whatnot but I'll try my best I think my Computer infected by "Monopod" virus; freezes when rundll.exe continuously stops working computer Windows Vista SP was recently infected by the malware virus quot Monopod quot Originally the virus opened ad pages in IExplorer and bogged down my comp and attempted to add itself to my startup folder which I Computer infected by "Monopod" virus; freezes when rundll.exe continuously stops working blacklisted with Search and Destroy so I put it into Safe Mode and ran Malwarebytes' Malware Removal tool and found a couple infected files on the registry so I removed them Secondly when I log back on normally windows begin popping up of quot Windows hosting process rundll exe has stopped working quot and they pop up like wildfire - so many that literally every second I'm closing Computer infected by "Monopod" virus; freezes when rundll.exe continuously stops working one I can't leave my computer unattended in normal mode for about four minutes or else it freezes due to the Windows Hosting Process rundll exe problems Also no matter how many times I run Malwarebytes' when in normal mode Search and Destroy alerts me in the corner that quot User-Defined Decision The process Monopod attempted to add itself to Startup but has been blacklisted quot which obviously means that the files are still present on my computer Thanks for the help that anyone gives me it means a lot considering that all my summerwork is saved on my harddrive Here is the HijackThis log that I ran whilst in Safe Mode

A:Computer infected by "Monopod" virus; freezes when rundll.exe continuously stops working

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.*If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. *If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. *If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.**If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.----------------------------*-------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254828/computer-infected-by-monopod-virus;-freezes-when-rundllexe-continuously-stops-working/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have a feeling this may be a driver error but I dont know A friend gave me a computer Os Vista x OEM I think Hardware age Age of installation not sure its my friends Might not have been reinstalled before CPU Athlon x Video Card Onboard Graphics Mobo Inspiron mobo PSU Bestec ATX P WB W System Manufacturer DELL Model No Inspiron It works perfectly fine apart from when I connect to the internet through mobile broadband Huawei E Once it connects internet explorer launches As soon as I begin using IE the computer freezes mouse will not move keyboard will not work then after mins it blue screens stop code is x I have tried to exit IE and use firefox instead this works much better but it still bluescreens just less frequently My friend brought it to a local shop who told him the usb header on the mobo is the problem and needs a new mobo and qouted him repair However I dont think this is the problem as when broadband freezes, using working mouse keyboard mobile computer stops BSOD + no other usb device gives any trouble at all And the mobile brodband dongle only crashes once it connects and the browser is launched I ran Norton antivirus super anti spyware malwarebytes antimalware BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working and RU Botted All I picked up was a few malwares I also ran full system diagnostic test with no problems list of installed software incase there are known issues with them Norton Antivirus Easus Partition manager thunderbird microsoft works ccleaner I dont know if any are recently installed or not Any help would be very much appreciated as I really dont know what to do with this David btw in the perfmon disk D is an extrernal Hard drive that was connected at the time so its not a problem

A:BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working

Okay, I ran the driver verifier

When I restarted the computer, I get the blue screen and it will not turn on
The stop error is 0x7E this time I think

I booted into safe mode and restored, then ran "verifier /query" in cmd
which returned: "No driver are acurrently verified"

I have attached the new dump file below

It must be a driver problem, what do you guys think?

Hopefully You can help me out guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-using-mobile-broadband-computer-freezes-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-595401.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Internal hard drive. I tried switching my hard drive to a different port, I also tried using a different hard drive (and switched cables as well). If I switch ports, windows does recognize it for a few minutes then the drive disappears. How do I troubleshoot?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have a Seagate TB external hard drive which I used to store things in Recently it stopped working When I connect the USB into the computer it takes longer than is normal to get detected as quot Local Disk G quot in Windows Explorer But it stops not working from programs Drive responding, 2TB Seagate Hard shows no data bar and no quot X GB free of Y GB quot detail in the Computer folder When I click the Seagate 2TB Hard Drive not responding, stops programs from working quot Local Disk G quot Windows Explorer becomes quot not responding quot EDIT when I right-click it it goes quot not responding quot Trying programs to interact with the hard drive is impossible When it's connected programs I try to run such as Seagate's quot drivedetect exe quot and quot FILE RECOVERY for Windows quot don't start up and give the quot The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion quot error When I try to look at the drive in Seagate 2TB Hard Drive not responding, stops programs from working Disk Management it gets stuck at quot Connecting to virtual disk service quot When I disconnect Seagate 2TB Hard Drive not responding, stops programs from working the hard drive everything starts working again All the programs I tried to open when the drive was connected which don't start up actually start up I think the situation is pretty dire Is there any hope for this hard drive

A:Seagate 2TB Hard Drive not responding, stops programs from working

Hi,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

That does sound like the controller on the drive has gone.

Is the drive still under warranty?

If you don't know - Is it possible to open the drive case? (The external casing not the actual drive case).
There will be a date code on the drive. That will tell you when it was made. Or grab the serial number and plug into Seagate's warranty page and it will tell you.

There are several "hacks" that some people use to try and get drives working, though the mostly pertain the drive heads more than controllers. I'm not going to recommend you try those because the can be destructive. However, if you use google, I'm sure you will find some.

You could send it off if it's under warranty. If the controller has failed Seagate will probably swap it out (since they really don't like replacing drives unless they have to).

However, they will not guarantee the safety of your data, and won't take much care not to lose the data.

Alternatively, there are disk recovery services around. However these tend to be expensive. Depends on what the data is worth to you.

I assume you've tried it in different computers/different USB ports? Have you also tried a different cable?

I've also come across cables that need a little bit of a "jiggle" at the drive end to make them work.

Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335120-seagate-2tb-hard-drive-not-responding-stops-programs-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've looked all over for help but alas; nothing.

Put simply, I'm using a decent Lenovo B560 laptop, and when playing games or running programs linked to the hard drive disk, it freezes intermittently.

Not sure what's causing it, but the whirring of the disk drive can be heard for about 3 seconds, at which point it slows down, and then the game freezes until the hard drive starts whirring again. It doesn't seem to be able to keep itself running in order to keep playback fluid; it just keeps spinning long enough to power 3-4 seconds of playback.

Any ideas?

System is 7 64 bit, with Intel Core i5 CPU M480 @
2.67GHz
3GB RAM

A:Laptop hard drive runs for 3 seconds, stops, and causes freezing

Normally when a disk is making noise it's going to quiet soon. I would make a backup of what ever you want to save.
You can run a disk check up.
Computer and pick what drive you want to check and right click on it. Pick tools and check/disk. On my computers I do it the simple way. If a hard disk is making unusual noises I replace it. First save what you can before it quiets completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/212807-laptop-hard-drive-runs-3-seconds-stops-causes-freezing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This week I encountered the following strange problem for which I haven't found a final solution so far though I have found some bandaids But having a complete solution -or at least a reason why this problem occurs- would be great I have a working installation of Windows Professional x in UEFI mode The main disk SSD contains the following partitions using GPT ESP MSR system data An additional disk HD with a single data partition using MBR is also attached to the system With this setup everything works fine Now after adding another disk HD to the system -my old system disk bootable using MBR one active primary partition and an extend partition another Windows booting drive adding hard UEFI mode after in stops with three logical disks - Windows will no longer boots completely The boot process begins the Windows logo is shown Then a message is shown in text mode quot Windows is loading files quot with a loading bar After a while the boot process stops and I am dropped into the EFI shell After removing the offending HD Windows boots normally again I tried removing HD and only attaching Windows stops booting in UEFI mode after adding another hard drive HD together with SSD but this yielded the same problem Using SSD by itself works fine though Booting from a Linux live-cd works without problems All disks and partitions are found and can be mounted There I Windows stops booting in UEFI mode after adding another hard drive erased the disk signature from the offending HD and now Windows was able to boot and also found all disks and partitions correctly But after a reboot the same problem reappeared My current assumption is that after removing the disk signature Windows no longer regards HD during the boot process and only setups the disk after booting has finished But as soon Windows stops booting in UEFI mode after adding another hard drive as it has a disk signature again Windows includes HD in the boot process and probably the partition ordering gets mixed up compared to what Windows expects So my question is why does this boot problem occur and how can I fix it permanently and will it happen for any new disk I attach to my system

A:Windows stops booting in UEFI mode after adding another hard drive

Has HD#3 any active partitions?
What happens if you boot with HD#3 attached only?
How did you erase the disk signature? As far as I know you can only update it

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/247145-windows-stops-booting-uefi-mode-after-adding-another-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer has been running perfectly fine for over a year Today I was putting extra hard drives as a secondary drive to see what Drives, Computer While Stops Startup Testing Displaying Hard at Picture was on them I tried the first one and it started up fine I tried the second one and it displayed an error at the boot screen I realized I forgot to check the jumpers on that one I tried starting up with just my main hard drive again and it started fine I While Testing Hard Drives, Computer Stops Displaying Picture at Startup tried the last extra hard drive making sure the jumpers were correct and then the big problem started It powered up fans came on hard drives ran but no picture I tried to start it up again with just my main and the same thing Now whenever the power is plugged in the power light is on whether the computer is on or not When I hit the button PSU fan processor fan spins You can hear the hard drive running Nothing is displayed at all There is a red light now on the motherboard which I believe is usually green I have tried reseating the RAM in all configurations so unless both sticks went bad at the same time I believe that is fine I tried to start with both of the hard drives which worked mins previously so I belive they are also okay Everything is plugged in properly The only thing I did differently the last time it worked properly was I shut it down with the power button being I didn t have the keyboard mouse plugged in My only ideas are PSU problem Processor problem Motherboard problem nbsp

A:While Testing Hard Drives, Computer Stops Displaying Picture at Startup

My Hypothesis is the PSU, if it's to small, then it can't power anything, but usually it won't even start with not enough power, what are your system specs and PSU wattage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/while-testing-hard-drives-computer-stops-displaying-picture-at-startup.96600/
Relevancy 54.61%

The hard drive freezes up so I did a big clean up job (2 gig) within 24 hrs it was full again and computer was only used for about 2 hrs. I run antivirus (AVG) it was clear,I also ran spybot also clear can anyone please help me.

A:Hard Drive Freezes Up

Hello aussie_mike and to Bleeping Computer.I think you need to find out what's taking up the space on your hard drive. You could try searching for files by date to see what has been created recently. SequoiaView is a good program for finding out what's eating up your free space.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105435/hard-drive-freezes-up/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am having trouble with my hard drive freezing up
the orange light stays on and everything freezes, I can
hear a grinding sound.

I defrag ran scan disk and used Norton systemworks to check everything and everything is fine. I just reinstalled the 810 chipset drivers to see if that works

Is there anything else I should do short of getting another computer!! I have an HP 466 processor 8.5 meg hard drive and 256megs of RAM. I am not an expert and can use all the help I can get.

H.M.G

A:Hard Drive Freezes

Hi hgood, welcome to TSG....

Usually grinding and hard drives do not go well together....

Are you sure the sound is coming from your hard drive?

If so, IMMEDIATELY (really) back up anything important to you....

Go to the hard drive manufacturer's website, download their diagnostics tools and check your drive....most companies have 3 year warranties....so you may be in luck (bad luck, but good luck in the end).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-freezes.50196/
Relevancy 54.61%

This motherboard New Drive(s) Hard = Freezes doesn t seem to accept any hard drive excluding for one This one managed to get passed the problem by repair New Hard Drive(s) = Freezes via XP CD That method is seemingly unrepeatable because instead of just doing a clean repair it basically reinstalls XP again After restart it goes into the entire setup with the asking of the CD key etc The problem is that immediately after login into XP the comp freezes and only holding down the power button or pressing the reset button will it respond I ve installed a new BIOS recently to see if that was a problem No good I ve installed XP on different hard drives with no results I ve also switched IDE cables checked jumper settings put the hard drive on both primary and secondary IDE cables It s ony a problem with new hard drives set as master it seems At one point it BSOD and gave the error quot drive irql not less or irq quot I ve already tried doing research on the topic and while i suspect the mobo is at fault I can t find a irq conflict anywhere though some devices are sharing but can t be altered safe mode gives me a clipped glimpse of some hardware with no irq problems and I don t know what to do with the BIOS irq settings I can t figure this out at all If anyone offer advice that d be great Otherwise it s a good time to replace the motherboard Stats Motherboard Spacewalker AI OS Windows XP I don t know what else I should list here feel welcome to ask nbsp

A:New Hard Drive(s) = Freezes

Have you tried jumpering the hard drives as Cable Select?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hard-drive-s-freezes.295972/