Windows Support Forum

Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Q: Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 109.65%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

A:Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 86.43%

When I let my computer run unattended, usually but not always, it will freeze and I must manually shut it down and reboot. Often the laptop feels very warm as if it is locked in a infinite computing cycle. On two occasions, out of the blue, I have seen flashing lines and a frozen screen requiring manual shut down. The word and excel icons have been replaced with generic icons but work normally. Spinrite finds no hard drive problems and several antiviral programs detect no viruses.

Occasionally, when I must manually reboot, the cursor hangs in the upper left corner and the computer is totally unresponsive to any command including manual shut down. However, if I close and open the lid, windows start up is initiated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A:computer freezes and requires hard boot

check your memory and be sure to remove any dust inside your laptop to increase airflow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-requires-hard-boot.906417/
Relevancy 85.57%

When I am on my computer usually about once a day my computer and screen will freeze, and I will need to hard restart my PC. I'm not getting a BSOD or anything.

PC Specs:
i7 2600k
GTX 680
8GB RAM
60GB SSD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850M PSU

A:Screen and Computer Freezes Requires Hard Restart

Check your temp readings in Bios. Also clean your tower out with a can of compressed air. Also Check your Hard drive to see if it is failing.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-and-computer-freezes-requires-hard-restart-654449.html
Relevancy 83.42%

So recently I've been this problem with my computer. It's always at a random time, it doesn't necessarily seem to have a specific pattern, but it always seems to happen when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. It could be connected, or it could happen at random, I'm not sure. Basically the computer completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly. It NEVER crashes, and I do not ever receive a BSOD. I have tested, waiting over 15 minutes for it to do anything, it simply sits there and remains locked up and frozen until I hard restart my computer.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, as I've never had an issue with my computer like this, especially something that doesn't produce atleast an error or BSOD of some kind, so it's rather puzzling.

A:Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

Hi and welcome to TSF please try either updating or reinstalling your sound and video drivers and let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-with-audio-loop-stutter-requires-hard-restart-701862.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run the system off or Freezes - System power requires reset clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time my downloads may also continue System Freezes - requires reset or power off and when i have to do a hard reset the raid may have to be rebuilt It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc at first i thought it was a hard drive problem i had a stripe raid as the system drive or the cables connecting them i swapped cables i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing i removed drive - drive would crash removed drive and drive would crash so i don't believe my problem is hardware I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector exe when i try to install it the first window is okay select language i choose english and click next then then my system crashes explorer i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have raids in my system - two raid and mirror - i also have a drive for backups a total of drives - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

A:System Freezes - requires reset or power off

Quote: Originally Posted by ethereal9

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run (the system clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time, my downloads may also continue and when i have to do a hard reset? the raid may have to be rebuilt).

It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc.

at first i thought it was a hard drive problem (i had a stripe raid as the system drive) or the cables connecting them. (i swapped cables).

i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe.

i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing.

i removed drive 0 - drive 1 would crash. removed drive 1 and drive 0 would crash.

so i don't believe my problem is hardware

I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector223.exe

when i try to install it the first window is okay (select language), i choose english and click next then then my system crashes (explorer?). i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar. if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar. (this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely.

occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related.

let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough

i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have 3 raids in my system - two raid 5 and 1 mirror - i also have a drive for backups (a total of 9 drives) - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time (obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk)

thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

Hi and welcome

can you type event viewer in search. go to the windows logs>application tab. Look for errors (red in left column) that relate to app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem. when you find them note the Event ID and course codes. relay them to use

Thanks

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42090-system-freezes-requires-reset-power-off.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello im quite new to this forum so Computer freezes, reset hard requiring please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up Computer freezes, requiring hard reset nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on Computer freezes, requiring hard reset my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes, requiring hard reset

Ive recently installed Speedfan, and am now noticing my GPU runs at 65C whilst no games are running... any tips on getting this down? (Not a laptop)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-requiring-hard-reset.156649/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have had this problem for months and now I am at the end of to causing permanently, me reset Computer freezes hard my tether Basically if I have to explain it this crash can happen any time any where Browsing the internet clicking an icon on the desktop playing a game watching a video or just leaving the computer sitting there It just stops instantly the clock stops all peripherals like my bluetooth dongle turn off however the screen doesnt loose its image itll just freeze on what it was on the power still functions and If I dont hard reset then It will sit there for hours doing nothing On rare occasions I get a blue screen very rare I dont know if its hardware or software Ive done RAM checks they all come out fine everythings upto date driver wise But this happened when I had vista installed now I have windows and its the same problem just alot more frequently at least once or twice a day or it wont Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset happen for days then out of nowhere bam computer crashes I used a program called everest to get Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset my computer specs but it got LOADS of info lines to be exact so I Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset dont know how Iam going to be able to tell you my specs as I cant put links in If I could Id place it in rapidshare rapidshare com files Report txt html nbsp

A:Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-permanently-causing-me-to-hard-reset.149502/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi as stated in the title I'm having awful trouble maintaining a stable internet connection It freezes regularly the windows network diagnostic which only runs when not frozen otherwise fix frequently, connection reset hard requires to Internet drops just sits on a looping progress bar when network issue occurs says quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings quot I switched from Chrome to Firefox thinking that might be the problem but the issue persists I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly network-intensive so I'm at a loss I don't think it's the router as other wireless devices work fine I'm connected through LAN via tplink homeplugs to an EE Brightbox router using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller if any of that helps I'd read that it may be something to do with router MTU settings or automatically assigning a DNS to the PC but I'm unsure how to change these settings I'll paste any relevant settings if anyone can advise me what commands to run Edit Also running AVG antivirus which I understand can cause problems

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62379-internet-connection-drops-frequently-requires-hard-reset-fix.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in requires Screen reboot randomly, hard Freezes the process Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot th grader I am ok with Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot that Since installing a Windows Update about a month ago my screen will randomly lock up At times it will clear itself after a couple of seconds and state something to the effect that quot display driver amd has stopped working and recovered quot Other times it will stay frozen for about minutes and then will start functioning properly again More often than not though it will stay frozen indefinitely and require a hard reboot This happens during mundane activities No extreme gaming going on Generally it is while just browsing the net It tends to happen more often to my wife who uses it during the day to work through a VPN I don't believe there is any correlation though I have read multiple forums on the web and have tried several things from cleaning the registry to uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it in safe mode The latter seemed to work last night but today my wife started having the same issue again I am attaching the file from the SF Diagnostic tool but it said I didn't have any dumps to log I'm sorry if that makes a suggestion more difficult Thank you in advance for any and all help I can get Brandon

A:Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot

See if you can get to the DMP's this way....

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229295-screen-freezes-randomly-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Ive been having my computer crash for about a week now It does this at random times here is the hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Freezes requires Computer Randomlly and restart at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Crap on Desktop Aim Remixed HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F D - D - E B-E AE- A B B BCB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run ipTray exe quot C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall-beta trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft ... Read more

A:Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart

Instructions here still apply:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/371117-system-little-slower-than-normal.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomlly-freezes-and-requires-restart.428496/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I have been getting random freezes ever since I installed windows 7 starter... I had no problems before when this PC was running windows 7 trial version. When it happens my PC becomes unresponsive and whatever audio is played is looped(at a certain frequency) which is very annoying.. The only thing that functions is the CD/DVD drive. I have been trying to search for solutions but whatever solution I try from people with the same problem as me doesnt work. Please help me I don't know much about computers..

Edit: Also I can't seem to recreate this freezing thing. but most of the time it happens when I'm playing games... Although it sometimes happens even when I'm just browsing.

PS: Sorry for my english, im not american btw haha

A:My computer randomly freezes requires manual restart...

AFAIK...Windows 7 Starter is an OEM version already installed in a system.

Please explain what you did when you "installed" it, where you obtained the Win Starter version from, etc.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558961/my-computer-randomly-freezes-requires-manual-restart/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been having an issue with my computer starting up When I turn it on in the morning it freezes at the Vista splash screen so I am forced to manually shut down the computer Then to multiple startup on normally requires and Computer start freezes boot-ups I turn it on again and it brings up the start windows normally or safe mode screen Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally I ve tried going on both options safe mode works without freezing and start windows Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally normally Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally doesn t because it loads until the splash screen and freezes again making me manually turn it off again The second time it freezes and I shut it down and turn it on again it brings up the start up repair screen I have to run the start up repair otherwise it will just keep freezing and I can t use the computer Once the repair ends it says that there are zero errors I am then able to start windows normally and this process only happens the very first time I try to turn the computer on that day I have tried to just keep the computer on I have tried to put it into sleep mode etc but the computer just ends up freezing again I have tried starting it without things like the mouse printer speakers etc plugged in only the keyboard plugged in but it still doesn t work I have also tried to uninstall recent software but that still doesn t work I have searched with my antivirus and no viruses were found This problem has been going on for over a week now I ve researched possibilities but have found nothing helpful If you know what could be causing this problem please let me know Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Lancaster Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-on-startup-and-requires-multiple-boot-ups-to-start-normally.1082024/
Relevancy 63.64%

I bought a Maxtor Ultra ATA internal hard drive, and want to install it as a backup drive in my HP m1170n. However, the m1170n requires an SATA hard drive. Is there a converter, adapter, etc. that I can buy to make the Ultra ATA compatible with the m1170n? Please provide specific model numbers for any suggestions, if possible. Also, please advise about how much it should cost and if it is easy to install. Many thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

A:Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 63.64%

My computer will freeze at random times when playing games like Halo 2, STALKER, Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Caesar 4. I don't think it is a heat problem since it will happen at random times and my dad's comp, which also has the same specs doesn't freeze. So I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong. Specs are right here.

CPU: Core 2 Extreme QX6850
GPU: eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
RAM: 2Gb Corsair 800MHz
HDD: 500Gb SATA

A:Solved: PC freezes in game, requiring hard reset.

...and the make, model, and size of the power supply? (The most neglected, but most probable cause of your problem.)

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-freezes-in-game-requiring-hard-reset.774270/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there kinda new here Anyway Let's get down to business I don't know how to upload anything such as attachments otherwise I'd upload the PCHF results as Reboot Chrome Computer Requires Crashes/Stalls Hard - Google well as the MiniToolBox results Yet here's the speccy results http speccy piriform com results uxPbM rX Rufa ftyeSo So whenever I do anything open try to uninstall etc with google chrom my computer is fine for about three seconds then it stalls for about twenty seconds After this is -seems- fine yet really isn't Upon attempting ot do anything log off open the task manager etc the little spinning circle indicating it is loading pops up then it just outright freezes Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot from anywhere between two to five minutes After that the mouse can be moved the keyboard is not locked up as I can toggle caps lock num lock etc yet because everything else is still locked up I cannot do anything or see anything being typed if it is at all I have run multiple virus scans with Windows Security Essentials full scans I have run startup recovery I have attempted to system restore yet that failed each time My system is absolutely malware free and as of a month or so ago all of my drivers are up to date which I -think- may be part of my problem As I vaguely recall having a similar issue with chrome after updating my video drivers a Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot year or more ago I had to as I recall roll back my drivers to resolve the issue I am hoping I don't have to do that again and I have no idea if it will even solve the issue as I've successfully been using these drivers for well over a month now Once I know how to upload things I'll also upload my MiniToolBox and PCHF results Thanks in advance for your time if you need any additional information please feel free to ask D

A:Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot

Can I get some help?  I can't figure out how to upload attachments at all.  I've read your help topic here yet that doesn't help at all, it just tells me how to attach things however the buttons to do so are not at all available in the topic editor.  I've looked over the media library thing and can't upload it there I really have no idea how to include the files for viewing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490712/google-chrome-crashesstalls-computer-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows bit Satellite Pro C - NR Laptop Hi There One of my Pro intermittently, reset Satellite required C660-1NR freezes hard users' Laptop Computer freezes at random moments throughout the day At first I thought it was battery related as the first two occurrences happened when working unplugged but it has since done it when plugged in too On average it happens at least once every day It will not resume afterwards the only way to get past this is by holding the power button and restarting The problem started when uploading a number of Windows updates about weeks ago Before it has never frozen not even once I will wait for it to die again might be today might be tomorrow and will look at the Satellite Pro C660-1NR freezes intermittently, hard reset required event log around the time that it died Do you think this is hardware or software related I have updated the laptops drivers chipset etc so all is as up to date as I can get it Nothing wrong with this laptop other than the freezes performs fine when it's working Your help is very much appreciated Kind Regards Lee Message was edited by lhall

A:Satellite Pro C660-1NR freezes intermittently, hard reset required

>The problem started when uploading a number of Windows updates about 6 weeks ago. Before it has never frozen, not even once.

So why you don?t try to set the system back to the point before the updates have been installed? I think this would be the first step trying to solve this issue.

>Do you think this is hardware or software related?
If setting the system back to the early time point would not help, I guess an system recovery would be the next step to discover the reason for this issue?
After recovery the unit should work properly? if not? well it could be hardware related issue

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71594-Satellite-Pro-C660-1NR-freezes-intermittently-hard-reset-required
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
at random times the lock-screen freezes and a hard reset is needed. Keyboard light still toggle yet the SysReq + REISUB key combination does not do anything. Where is some syslog for checking why the kernel dumped and find potential solutions? This is windows 8.1, is this a known bug?

A:The lock screen sees random freezes and a hard reset is required.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322392-lock-screen-sees-random-freezes-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 61.92%

System locks up needs time before it can be restarted I have a newly built computer that locks up usually to min after booting usually I am browsing the internet then pages to Freezes, reset, until hard can have Windows 10 I 7 back then wait min Solved: boot won t load then my browser freezes and I can t Ctrl apt Del Then everything freezes and I have to hard reset but the computer won t boot up unless I Solved: Windows 7 Freezes, have to hard reset, then wait 10 min until I can boot back let it rest for min Everything in the computer is brand new I have it running the bare minimum stick of memory The hard drive I noticed in the bios that the v and v are low The v is running around The v is around I ve spent days trying different things any help would be greatly appreciated I have tested the CPU and even re installed it I have tested the memory it seems fine I have checked the wires I have reset the bios Its a new ultra watt PSU a new asus m a l-m lx plus mb An amd HD phenom ll x processor a wd blue gb hard drive hyperx red gb ddr memory modules a radeon hd GPU Running win nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 Freezes, have to hard reset, then wait 10 min until I can boot back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-freezes-have-to-hard-reset-then-wait-10-min-until-i-can-boot-back.1122176/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,I have a HP Envy 17 laptop, it was bought with Windows 8, I updated it to Windows 10 last year.Due to progressing issues, I factory reset it, taking me back to Windows 8.After the reset (which ran smoothly), it requires me to input a new product key. I was not aware that I'd have to puchase a new one.I've attached a printscreen of the system window which states that my window is not activated.And this below is a screenshot of the details in Windows ActivationWhat can I do now? I cannot get hold of the original product key on the box.Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Windows 8 requires activation key after factory reset

I would advice you uninstall the window10 or you reset to factory setting lf you don't get activation key.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-requires-activation-key-after-factory-reset/td-p/5615534
Relevancy 58.48%

Starting a new thread for a previous issue because the problems in the title of my original thread are no longer ongoing - but I'll copy paste my original post here as well just for the sake of completeness Trying to help a young friend proxy continual reset Chrome Google of manual settings requires 'fix' her laptop She knows it's old but it's all she has Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings so I'd like to do the best I can It's a second-hand computer for her and I don't think she really knows what some of the programs are She had installed a bunch of toolbars which I've removed with Revo Uninstaller whenever I could find entries for them and some trial programs that were supposed to speed up the computer I have made a backup of her data but as far as she's concerned the computer can be wiped clean - there's nothing installed that she can't reinstall again if she needs to I would be a very happy camper if she had an installation disc Vista -bit home premium but she doesn't so turning to you is my best option Both Firefox and Chrome started out with recurring problems with the proxy server refusing connections I can go into settings and tell the programs NOT to use a proxy server and this is mostly working now particularly with FF Chrome still resets itself to proxy every so often when I reopen the browser FF's homepage keeps resetting itself to mywebsearch com Chrome's used to but one of my many attempted interventions apparently worked in that browser and nothing I do has been able to change that Even more annoying is the fact that out of the blue I'll suddenly get - new tabs opening up www lpcloudbox com asking me to 'please install the new video player' For each of those tabs a corresponding tab opens with the message Reported Web Forgery This web page at www lpmxp com has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences This doesn't happen when I click on a link or anything the tabs just open up as I'm scrolling down a page cnn bleeping computer - sites that I don't have any problems with when using my own computer This morning I was finally able to download install run Spybot S amp D on this laptop It found more toolbars than I knew existed and I elected to have it 'fix' the problems it found Spybot S amp D ran again after a reboot still showing problems but I didn't see where I could click to fix those Right now the only one of the original problems seems to be that Google Chrome still keeps resetting itself to use a proxy server This happens not only every time I restart Chrome but even every time I open a new tab Based on what I've found online it sounds like this is likely a result of some kind of infection so following is my current DDS log Thank you for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E FW avast Antivirus Disabled F FC -F D- D E- A E- DA C EAF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system ... Read more

A:Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings

In case it's of any relevance, the two items that Spybot S&D is unable to fix are:

Delta.Toolbar
(SBI $ACF354C8) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BrowserProtect\
and
Win32.BitGuard
(SBI $93F166B5) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BitGuard\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537837/google-chrome-requires-continual-manual-reset-of-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been experiencing problems with my PC locking up and needing to hold down the power button to shut it off It seems to be more of an issue during the summer months leading me to believe it is a heat issue I downloaded Core Temp to see if I could get a temperature reading when it locks up I started the program left it running on the desktop and let the computer sit idle When it locked up the last reported temperature for Core was C and Core was C which did not seem very extreme Is there anything else I can do to try and see if a specific component is failing due to heat I have tried using compressed air to clean out my case made sure all case fans are working and reapplied Arctic Silver Silver thermal compound on the CPU PC Details Antec Performance Plus AMG Asus P Q SE Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GB Kingston HyperX DDR RAM MB GeForce GTX Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Windows XP Pro SP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-locking-up-need-to-do-a-hard-reset-701746.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My mother has Computer sometimes hard boot reset without won't an HP that runs Windows Vista Premium Home Its about - yrs old Two weeks ago the power went off for a few minutes when it was on Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset or in sleep mode When she tried to turn it back on she could see the quot cd light quot blink once or twice the fans came on but no power I found the directions to unplug all the cords and hold the power button down to reset it Well it worked I then ran Malwarebytes and it did find one or two things but they were removed Today she called me to tell me the same thing happened But the power never went out She had it on and it must have gone into a sleep mode and Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset nothing worked to bring it out She had to reset it again Does anyone know what would be causing this to happen I m wondering if its something I could easily fix myself or if we need to bring it to someone to be repaired

A:Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset

Hello kat91119,Some people have been able to awaken the monitor when the computer is in "sleep" mode by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL (not holding them) and then clicking cancel. You could try going through this troubleshooting guide: How to Troubleshoot a Vista or Windows 7 Sleep Mode Problem.You will note that they recommend updating the display drivers and the system bios, first. I wouldn't worry about the bios at this point but would check the computer manufacturer's web site to see if they have an "updated" display driver. How to determine the dispaly adapter name and version then go to manufacturer's website:First, click "Start" (the globe) and right mouse click on "Computer" and click "Properties."Select "Device Manager" then click on the (+) next to "Display Adapters." Write down the make and model number.Next, right mouse click on the Display Adapter and click "Properties," "Driver" tab, and write down driver date and driver version.Now you can go the computer manufacturer's web site (i.e. Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), look for "Download Drivers and Software" (may have to click on Support, first). Enter either "Tag number" or exact "make and model number." Select the computer operating system (Vista 32 or Vista 64).Look for your exact display adapter, note date and driver version. If newer, download and install.Finally, proceed with the troubleshooting guide.I hope it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433786/computer-wont-boot-sometimes-without-hard-reset/
Relevancy 56.33%

I quot upgraded quot power Freezes Requires Windows and 7 off to Wndows as I was re-formatting and figured it was a good idea at the time It has been no fun at all up to Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off this point At first I noticed that if I left the machine on overnight with files and or browsers open when I came back in the morning it will have restarted sometime during the night and will be sitting on the log in screen I didn't worry too much about it but now it has decided to just freeze up First everything becomes un-clickable and then the cursor freezes up Ctrl-Alt-Dlt doesn't work so the only way to get out of it is to push and hold power and reboot that way I have read TONS of threads on here and other forums about this issue and I have done a great many of the suggested fixes such as - Switched to high performance power scheme - Updated Windows - Updated all drivers - Uninstalled Zone Alarm and replaced it with Kapersky - Forced the LAN to never go to sleep I checked the event log after one of the freezes and found multiple occurrences of the error that refers to SChannel Event i d - This happens even when I have no browser windows open - I am using Firefox - I have restored back to the earliest point but the machine hasn't really EVER been so there kind of is no good point to restore back to I was about to format and reload using bit version this time when I read that people had reinstalled and still had the problem I will provide more system info tomorrow providing I can keep the machine running long enough Thanks Mike

A:Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off

Welcome!

Maybe a repair install will take care of the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71057-windows-7-freezes-requires-power-off.html
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 55.9%

Good evening fellas The Problem This is an issue I have never run into before on numerous builds My computer wont reset from pressing the reset button or through software reset I was able Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) to get through windows installation by pressing the power button and powering back up This is when I noticed a second issue My computer wont boot to windows with the USB mouse and key board plugged Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) in Front panel or back panel its just a black screen It will post with the USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as I am able to press F to get into bios I tried rearranging the front panel connectors on the mobo running with only the power button hooked up running with the front pannel usb hooked up and looking around bios for any relevant settings cant find anything there related to boot Once in windows I test my hardware by playing about hours straight of AC and doing burn in tests with no errors I am at a loss The Background I recently bought Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) a replacement mobo and power supply to replace a pair that fried due to moisture I bought a new case because I fell out of favor with my old case that had a window pane and led lights and I upgraded my ram to gb x gb modules Essentially I only kept my TB HD DVD-RW Video Card and CPU I tested all of the hard ware I kept in a friends system he let me use for the purpose and those components all burned in well after about hours of benching and burn in testing with no errors The Hardware Mobo Asrock N C-GS http www asrock com mb NVIDIA N C-GS FX CPU Phenom X BE GPU Pallet GT Sonic Edition http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM GB PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Computer wont reset (Hard or Software)

A strange problem indeed.

Triple check your wiring is correct using your motherboard manual. Be sure the motherboard is mounted correctly on the standoffs and no grounds are occurring.

Faulty buttons on the case itself?

Reset bios to optimal defaults, clear cmos.

After that I would return the mobo.

Sorry I cant be more specific, Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-reset-hard-or-software.196539/
Relevancy 55.9%

have posted another topic on bleepingcomputer about this I just want some extra help as responses could be slow...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549415/computer-freezing-randomly-and-having-to-reset/

tldr;

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UEPn5RnXvn6cXGWsGZ16EVa

error code 800B0100 and error code 80070570 when trying to update

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

My PC (custom rig - 2 yrs old) has had this same issue regardless of the operating system (Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - currently 7) where it will randomly freeze completely. From here I have to force restart by holding down the power button for about 6 or so seconds only to find myself doing this up to a dozen times per day.

Specs:
GPU - Nvidia GTX 760
RAM - Corsair 8GB
HDD - 2TB (currently booting off of this)
SSD - 120GB
MB - ASRock Extreme6
CPU - Intel i7 3770k
PSU - 750W (?)

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127686-pc-freezes-completely-requires-force-restart.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have had this problem for a while now and it requires me to hold down the power button and restart my computer There seems to be no time limit my computer is not overheating or being overworked It has happened while i have been just browsing the internet or when I am playing games I am stumped on what to do I want to make sure it is not something software side before I go doing anything with replacing hardware When it freezes all sound just stops and I can not move my mouse What ever my screen was showing Freezes requires restart) (no Random and sound a second before the freeze is what it stays showing It seems to happen alot when i hit fullscreen or unfullscreen a youtube video or Twitch tv stream I have tried waiting it out but it stays that way for hours I will admit to having torrented before My Rig Motherboard ASRock Extreme R CPU AMD FX- Black Edition GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR PSU Coolmax VL W Cooling Rosewill RCX-Z

A:Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

Freezing can be difficult to troubleshoot as it doesn't give us much information about the cause.Driver Verifier might force a BSOD which will produce a dump file for me to analyse. What is Driver Verifier?Driver Verifier monitors Windows kernel-mode drivers, graphics drivers, and even 3rd party drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. Driver Verifier can subject the Windows drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be causing the issues at hand, enabling Driver Verifier will help us see which specific driver is causing the problem.Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore pointWindows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"How to enable Driver Verifier:Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"3. Check the following boxes -- Special Pool- Pool Tracking- Force IRQL Checking- Deadlock Detection- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8/8.1)- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8/8.1)- Miscellaneous Checks4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.7. Click on Finish.8. Restart.Important information regarding Driver Verifier:- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD. To expand on this a bit more for the interested, specifically what Driver Verifier actually does is it looks for any driver making illegal function calls, causing memory leaks, etc. When and/if this happens, system corruption occurs if allowed to continue. When Driver Verifier is enabled per my instructions above, it is monitoring all 3rd party drivers (as we have it set that way) and when it catches a driver attempting to do this, it will quickly flag that driver as being a troublemaker, and bring down the system safely before any corruption can occur.- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will detect it in violation almost straight away, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.If this happens, do not panic, do the following:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes. Restart and boot into normal Windows.If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.- Choose the restore point you created earlier.-- Note that Safe Mode for Windows 8/8.1 is a bit different, and you may need to try different methods: 5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier. I will usually say whether or not I'd like for you to keep it enabled any longer.My system BSOD'd with Driver Verifier enabled, where can I find the crash dumps?- If you have the system set to generate Small Memory Dumps, they will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump.- If you have the system set to generate Kernel-Memory Dumps, it will be located in %systemroot%[B] and labeled [B]MEMORY.DMP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548028/random-freezes-no-sound-and-requires-restart/
Relevancy 55.9%

Friends I hope you can Requires Freezes Boot and System Warm suggest a remedy for me to fix my computer It freezes after a short period but only when I am using Napster via the Internet or when I play a audio CD System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot I have a Soyo P x Dragon System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot Ultra AGP Pro PCI Motherboard w GHz w G RAM OS XP Pro v SP I have been using this computer since April and never have experienced this issue before When I review the Event Logs nothing's there except the infamous quot ESENT quot messages I have not upgraded to SP because I am waiting for the SP kinks to be worked out My network is not using SUS servers so all ESENT is going directly to Microsoft I have been seeing postings at other sites related to ESENT that reference unexplained freezes and reboots Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try or do you need additional info It's after pm here but I will be back tomorrow to work on this again Any support is greatly appreciated -SV

A:System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot

I have not received any comments regarding my original support request. Am I the only one to have this computer freeze occur? Part of me feels the problem is the sharing of bandwidth by the new WindowsUpdate monitoring. The other part feels it might be my sound card which is built in on the mother board. Any ideas, Any one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-freezes-and-requires-warm-boot-36467.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my custom built PC. Since doing so I have random freezes that allow me to do nothing other than hard reset the computer. There is no particular time that it does it, and it has mostly been noticed while either on the desktop or using Firefox.

Attached you will find the files from the Seven Forums Diagnostics Tool.

A:Random Computer Freeze Requiring Hard Reset

Welcome to the forums Watson1,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80045668f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Code:
Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80045668f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80045668f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce6f6c49e47881
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 6/22/2013 17:17:00 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566978
Section @ fffffa8004566a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f53
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80045669c0
Section @ fffffa8004566b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : 53 0f 10 00 00 08 04 00 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8004566b10

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566a08
Section @ fffffa8004566b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
The first parameter or argument has the value of 0x0, which is a Machine Check Exception, which means the CPU has detected a hardware problem and the address points to a processor error because the CPU has found one, so it could be a different form of hardware which is causing the issue.

We can see that the CPU detected a Timeout Error, but wasn't able to identify what caused the error.

In such a situation, it is best to use these steps:Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95
Enable "Round off checking" before the test (see first post below tutorial).
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
All the hardware seeming to be running stable and tests reporting no errors, could mean a bad motherboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Notes:

Although these steps are not strictly related to the issue, these steps will help to avoid any BSODs in the future.

You seem to have only 88 Windows Updates installed, I currently have 206 Windows Updates installed, please check for any Windows Updates and install all the listed Important, Recommended and Optional updates (ignore anything associated with Bing).Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG
AVG is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7, please remove the program completely with the AVG Removal Tool, and then install these free and proven alternatives which work best with Windows 7, due to their lightweight nature on system resources and compatibility.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essent... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294869-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I've been having this problem for quite some time now I would say a year or more where my computer completely freezes up without any prompting It's quite frustrating to diagnose since it happens on such a random basis -there seems to be no trend as to what kind of programs I have running what kind of things I am using it for etc Sometimes it happens when I'm just browsing the net other times it happens when I just have some files up ie not memory intensive tasks -today it even happened when I put a USB stick in I am at a complete loss as to what might be the cause I have already deleted some old programs that I'm not using but that hasn't seemed to have done anything I've done a disk cleanup and run a scan for viruses The freeze can only be resolved with a hard restart which I know is not good for the computer I've already had to do this some or so times already I've attached the event viewer taken computer reset requiring Random freeze hard about - minutes after the last freeze I had the one when it froze after I put my USB stick in Any help or advice at all would be much appreciated

A:Random computer freeze requiring hard reset

tactilation,

please refer to here:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289748-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I encountered The error code xc a upon startup I then contacted microsoft as I realize this is a windows problem but even with their help I was unable to restore the computer to an earlier version of windows so they said the only solution would be to do a hard reset do computer Unable to throug... but a to backup Need reset hard nbsp I can do the reset Need to do a hard reset but Unable to backup computer throug... but first I need to backup some important documents that I hadn't yet copied nto the cloud So i went onto the system recovery manager that is available upon pressing esc on startup and tried to backup the files nbsp It started off well and managed to compile a list of files to backup but afterwards upon finalizing the file backup it fails before even reaching stating the error code FFFFFF C as the problem nbsp Is there any way to resolve this or do I just have to say goodbye to the files and do the factory reset nbsp cheers nbsp JP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-to-do-a-hard-reset-but-Unable-to-backup-computer/td-p/5686341
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I am running two 7950s in crossfire on my computer. Anytime I launch a game, my computer just locks up and this hardcore buzzing sound playing right when it crashes, the sound continues while the computer is frozen.
This problem has happened in both Battlefield 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist. I have enabled Crossfire and Crossfire for applications that have no associated profile. In GPUz, it says my cards are enabled for crossfire.

Any ideas on this? I'm wondering if it's my psu? If I disable crossfire, the games work, but the second gpu is at 0% utilization.

Here are my specs:
Windows 8 64bit
AMD 13.8 beta 2 drivers
ULPS is disabled via MSI Afterburner (and I did restart after)
CPU: 4670k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87x-UD5H
RAM: 16GB Gskill
HDD: OS on a 120gb ssd, games on a 2tb WD Black
PSU: 750w Corsair

A:Crossfire 7950s lock up computer, hard reset required

Since the games work fine when you disable Cf it seems like it is a driver issue, try downloading the latest 13.10 Driver and see if it fixes your issue.
Driver: 13.10 AMD Catalyst

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/30103-crossfire-7950s-lock-up-computer-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I ordered this computer from CyberPower I ve listed the relevant specs below I ve read Freezes Locks, Logs, 7 BSOD Reboot, No & No Requires Event Windows a lot of other people having similar issues but there doesn t seem to be any concrete answers My computer randomly freezes and locks up requiring a hard reset to continue The everything Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD except the mouse freezes and then eventually the mouse will too The HDD light is inactive Event Viewer shows nothing except quot The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected quot This seems to happen at completely random intervals It usually happens when I m Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD browsing the web or watching a streaming video netflix but it has also happened while loading a program or not doing anything at all There have been only a couple consistencies It has never done this while playing a game I play Starcraft II and Battlefield While trying Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD to reinstall BF it has locked up the past times I ve tried to install the game I have reinstalled Windows Installed current drivers Run Memtest with no fails Run Intel s diagnosis software on the SSD with not issues I m assuming this is a hardware problem What further troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the suspects Thanks for the help While writing this post the computer crashed but this was different as I received the BSOD The following event log occurred at boot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x efb x d x xfffff eeb A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id I don t know if that is relevant or not Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -BitMotherboard CrossFireX GigaByte GA- A-D AMD Socket AM ATX Mainboard w On Off Charge Audio GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe X PCIe X amp PCICPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core TechnologyVideo Card AMD Radeon HD GB GDDR X PCIe Video CardMemory GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance Power Supply Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Plus Power Supply Gold OS Hard Drive GB Intel SSD SeriesData Hard Drive including Users amp ProgramData folders TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDDOptical Drive LG UH LS K X Blu-Ray Player amp DVDRW Combo DriveLCD Monitor quot Widescreen x Asus VS H-P LCDCooling Fan Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Advanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA

A:Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

How many passes did you allow Memtest to complete?I see that you've provided your setup, but please provide a Speccy snapshot for additional needed information.Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.Download, install, and run.After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post. Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, as well.=========================================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439002/windows-7-freezes-locks-requires-reboot-no-event-logs-no-bsod/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there So in April I decided to go all in on an Alienware which I use for business and pleasure After a couple weeks I started noticing the computer would not wake from sleep - after on BSOD long reset Hard periods needed computer Invisible wake during extended times such as over night I would simply close the lid at night and open it in the morning where Invisible BSOD on computer wake after long periods - Hard reset needed the HDD light would come on and then the computer would be frozen in a state with a black screen before bootup where I am forced to hold the power button down to reset It would then tell me that the computer was Invisible BSOD on computer wake after long periods - Hard reset needed shut down incorrectly etc I finally had Dell tech support work on it who were absolutely fantastic at the time They went through all kinds of system setting changes including how the computer sleeps updated video and MANY other drivers including a reinstall of windows Problem persisted Next they sent a tech out to replace the Video cards problem persisted Next they replaced the HDD's motherboard and video cards again problem persisted They were completely stumped so they sent me a brand new system which is even better than the last one I had After a few days I noticed this system is doing the exact same thing I called tech support and the original guy is now in another department so I'm dealing with a new guy now who is starting from scratch again with this system I spoke with their manager as this guy wanted to reset the computer to factory again and he also suggested that they are sure that a reinstall of windows or an alien respawn they call it would solve my issue I tried to explain to them that this would be the third run of windows and I can't logically see why it is going to solve the issue now This is why I am now reaching out to this community This is a business computer as well so I don't really find it optimal to keep wiping it clean as I'm sure you can understand The strange thing is that times out of when I wake the computer in the morning it will be completely locked up and I have to hard reset so it doesn't do it all the time Even stranger is the fact that I have only managed to capture dump files that seem to be triggered from this event So for some reason it is not always creating a dump file but each and every time it says the computer was shut down incorrectly I look forward to anyone being able to shed some light on this as the entire team at Dell seems to be stumped Stevieb

A:Invisible BSOD on computer wake after long periods - Hard reset needed

Welcome to 7F.

Your dumps ared indicating a device driver as being the problem but none are showing.

Driver Verifier will stress your drivers and cause BSODs if any fail and will flag them up in the dump files. Follow this tutorial to enable/disable it. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Information
Enable Driver Verifier but only enable these options:
Standard settings and IRP logging step 3.
Don't enable Force Pending I/O Requests

Warning
Make a System Restore point before enabling Driver Verifier.

Note
Your system will act very sluggishly while DV is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349752-invisible-bsod-computer-wake-after-long-periods-hard-reset-needed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have had this computer for awhile now, this problem was occurring very scarcely when i first bought the pc, but it is getting more and more frequent. My computer freezes up, no BSOD, no error messages in the Event Viewer (other than the one for me having to power off through holding the power) It just singes up and makes a buzzing noise through in the headset i use. I really am getting scared of having to continuously hard reset my comp, any ideas?

I attached my DxDiag so you folks can see what i'm workin with.

A:Computer Hard Freezes

Hello,

Please post the make/model of the PC. If custom built post the specs.

Motherboard-CPU-Memory-Graphics card-Power Supply brand/wattage

Boot into the BIOS (System Setup menu) and post the temp and voltage readings.

Have you taken any steps to correct the issue?

I would also suggest that you start by testing the hard drive and Memory using the guidelines below.

Memory Diagnostics

Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hard-freezes-693718.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My Computer has been freezing a lot. Some times it hard freezes. I'm Thinking about just reformatting. Is there a way to tell why its freezing?

Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer hard freezes whenever I play a game or watch videos online sometimes. I have run memtest for 32 hours and no errors occurred. I fresh installed sound card and video card drivers, ran Driver Verifier and deleted drivers that were causing problems, yet I still have issues, it renders this machine almost unusable, crashing without BSOD or hard freezing and producing a terrible noise through my headphones. I removed my soundcard and tried on board sound, yet the problem remains. I am thinking I have a faulty PSU, mobo, ram, GPU.

This is for windows 64bit, and I have gotten 0000001c and 0000007f errors, and this is seriously starting to annoy me.

My specs are: AMD 965x4 processor, evga nvidia gts 450, MSI 870u G55 mobo, creative x-fi fatality sound card, a 600watt seasonic PSU, and 8gb of ddr3 ram.

A:Computer hard freezes and bsod

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions `

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-hard-freezes-and-bsod-613229.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1044

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA8006DED4E0
BCP2: FFFFF880043783BC
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

x64 Windows Ultimate 7 Service Pack 1 retail
Hardware is maximum 2 weeks old.
Tried with windows 7 32 and 64 and xp. Crashes in most.

Comes whenever i use computer "random" and more when i play battlefield bad company 2,,

A:Computer freezes, hard reboot

both .dmp files blame atikmpag.sys described as a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

your ATI driver for your 6800 series card is not the most recent so you need to update it from the AMD ATI website ?

Quote:
atikmpag.sys atikmpag.sys+6f94 fffff880`0415d000 fffff880`041a8000 0x0004b000 0x4ca29309 29/09/2010 01:14:49

let us know how that goes ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/149557-computer-freezes-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware and it has hard freezes requiring a cold boot It happens anywhere from once a month to a couple times a day These Freezes New Computer Hard Custom Build freezes occur while doing anything from watching a movie browsing the web or when it s just sitting idly I replaced the PSU flashed the Bios reinstalled windows changed the power settings updated drivers and re-sat the ram with no change Windows event viewer doesn t show anything that related New Custom Build Computer Hard Freezes to the crash except quot previous system shutdown was unexpected quot After running stress cpu and memtest all came up fine Since all the hardware is all new not sure what to switch out next if I should New Custom Build Computer Hard Freezes reinstall windows again or change something in the bios I m using a Intel i k Intel graphics Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD Corsair watt PSU Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:New Custom Build Computer Hard Freezes

Nice little system... Make sure that the boot SSD drive is on a SATA3 port configured AHCI in the bios. If it is, you might want to set up the 1TB drive as the boot dive for testing purposes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-custom-build-computer-hard-freezes.212613/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm new here so here goes. I have a 1TB WD external hard drive here (USB 3.0) but it recently stopped working. The light blinks every half second. I try to access it with Explorer or 7-zip but they freeze, YET when i unplug the drive everything instantly comes back to normal and Explorer works fine again. I tried WD's Data Lifeguard, same problem. I tried other recovery software, same problem. Tried many USB cables and at least 3 computers, but I've encountered the same problem. What do I do? Should I just look for professional services? (I use Windows 7 Ultimate.)

A:WD external hard drive freezes my computer

sounds like a fault on the WD external harddrive thats causing an issue on the PC
i would get it replaced under the warranty , not sure how long the warranty is - but most drives come with more than 1 year.
the issue maybe getting data off the drive, if its the case thats broken, as some of the WD drives with encrypted using a chip thats on the Case USB circuitry
http://www.prosofteng.com/blog/western-digital-hardware-encryption/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-external-hard-drive-freezes-my-computer.1134077/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I tried refreshing Firefox tried using only Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and still the computer freezes and has to be rebooted manually I ve run malwarebytes avast superantispyware TDSS RogueKiller JRT and others to see if I can self-diagnose Tried following advice on other threads hard or Explorer freezes Firefox Int. in Computer to no avail Even tried Combofix Also restored to a previous version without success Problem started when trying to watch something on Vimeo though that could be coincidence It s been a week or two of trying out different solutions Help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Dual-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Here s Hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Computer hard freezes in Firefox or Int. Explorer at PM on Platform Windows Computer hard freezes in Firefox or Int. Explorer Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ACD Systems ACDSee Pro acdIDInTouch exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users SILENT PARTNER Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Computer hard freezes in Firefox or Int. Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO avast Ad Blocker - FFCB - F - E B- - ED - C Program Files AVAST Software avast Ad Blocker IE Adblocker dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile-based device management windir WindowsMobile wmdSync exe O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ACPW EN quot C Program Files ACD Systems ACDSee Pro acdIDInTouch exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run cdloader quot C Users SIL... Read more

A:Computer hard freezes in Firefox or Int. Explorer

Hi mrjoelcairo,

Please tell me the make and model of the PC.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Download and Run the Farbar Scan Tool

Download FRST and save to your Desktop.

Double click Frst.exe to launch it.
FRST will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
When finished scanning, 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
Please post them in your next reply.

If you lose track of them, they will be saved in the same location as FRST.exe
Feel free to use separate replies if it's more convenient.

If you have any trouble doing anything I ask, please stop and let me know.
askey127

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hard-freezes-in-firefox-or-int-explorer.1153764/
Relevancy 51.6%

Greetings all I have been stumped with this issue for quite some time now and hang, hard reboot requires randomly Windows 8.1 was finally able to find a forum like this Here's the issue my computer freezes hangs randomly when I'm using it It happens more when I'm playing League of Legends all of a Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot sudden the mouse and keyboard stop working and the screen is frozen as well Ctrl Alt Del doesn't do anything and so I have to resort to rebooting my computer by holding the power button I have already checked my drivers to ensure that they are all updated I just ran FurMark and that went fine for about minutes before I decided to turn it off I've tried using command prompt and using dism Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot online cleanup-image restorehealth However the issue still persists I have posted my specs below any and all help would be so appreciated Specifications Processor Type AMD A - KProcessor Speed GHzRAM GBHard Drive Capacity TBOptical Drive X DVDRW Slim Optical DriveGraphics Card AMD Radeon R XDedicated Graphic Card YesVideo Memory GBTV Tuner NoBuilt-in Monitor NoHDCP Compliant NoTouchscreen Display NoSound Card Integrated - Realtek ALC Audio Output High Definition Channel SurroundSpeakers NoIntegrated Microphone NoMicrophone Input x Front x BackLine-In Input x BackLine Out x Front x BackDigital Input NoDigital Output x BackEthernet Port Integrated Wi-Fi Dual Band Wi-Fi a b g n acIntegrated Bluetooth Yes - Modem NoUSB Ports x USB front rear x USB front rear DVI Output BackHDMI Output BackOther Input or Output Ports DisplayPort - BackWebcam NoColor Black

A:Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot

Let's start with this report:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582184/windows-81-randomly-hang-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 51.6%

Every once in a while, my laptop loses connectivity and cannot be reconnected to the wireless signal unless I turn the computer off and restart.
What the heck is going on???

A:Internet Connection -- Lost and requires hard shut down

Fill out your system specs so we know what kind of computer and hardware you are using.

Does this happen on every wireless network you use, or just one in particular?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185035-internet-connection-lost-requires-hard-shut-down.html
Relevancy 51.17%

It Stops Drive Computer Spinning Freezes/Hard all started when I was running Pro Tools on my computer I was using a lot of CPU not more than normal and suddenly my computer froze The keyboard mouse were useless so I had to restart But after restarting the hard drive was not recognized by my motherboard In fact my motherboard barely could boot up the bios I couldn t access the bios Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning Eventually I let it sit for a couple of hours and when I restarted I could boot up and as soon as Windows loaded I got the blue screen of death So months later and multiple dead ends the ending is the same the computer freezes and then the HD stops spinning I tried another hard drive installed Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning Vista got the blue screen once but it seems to work ok Granted I haven t run any programs that require a lot of memory All my sticks of RAM work I tried updating drivers and that didn t solve it I removed my video card so now am using the on board video card I disabled the sound card just in case what am I missing Um anyone have any suggestions Is this a software or hardware glitch Could it be my power supply The power supply fan is running and so is the CPU fan The case has been off since this happened so plently of air flow I think the case temperature said - degrees F The bios is loaded as FAIL SAFE defaults I ve had the computer for years and never had a problem I know Vista can be unstable but I didn t download any updates since last year I did try to run the windows memory diagnostic and it said I had a hardware problem and didn t get past on the first test I had run it about a month ago and everything passed My computer is Gigabyte GA-G M-DS R S Intel Pentium Core Quad WD raptor GB GB of RAM anything else you need nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I got two 40Gb hard drives on my system (C and E). I had a problem with drive E which is the secondary drive. The error was: "The file or directory E:\ is corrupt and unreadable". I managed to recover all the data from the drive and then formatted it. But now when i try to copy some data from the drive C into it, the computer freezes for a little while every 1 second more or less as data is being transferred. Any idea?
Thank you in advance for your help.
jhsa

Relevancy 51.17%

I bought an HP v w GB USB flash drive off of Amazon and when I plugged it into my USB port and tried to transfer files to it my computer froze and I had to hold the power button to shut it down This happens every time I try to access the flash drive Additionally I have other external hard drives that has always Drive Accessed Computer External Hard is Freezes When worked for me for years and now those too are freezing my computer when I try to access them It seems like the HP flash drive affected my computer in such a way that it is preventing other devices from working properly I have gone into Device Manager and uninstalled the USB Host drivers and restarted my computer That did not solve the problem I have tried using different USB ports on my computer and that has not made a difference I have tried uninstalling the drivers for the individual external hard drives and then have them be reinstalled the next time I plug them in That has not worked For some reason though when I connect my old external hard drives through a powered USB hub I do not experience the freezing What sucks is that I think my USB Hub is USB so it takes forever for anything to transfer Every time I plug in the HP flash drive into the USB Hub I get a message saying the driver could not be properly loaded or that I don't have access to the drive et cetera I am pretty sure the HP flash drive is no good and needs to be returned but does anyone know what I can do to prevent my old external hard drives from freezing my computer without the use of a USB hub

A:Computer Freezes When External Hard Drive is Accessed

Hello and welcome Ben mate a little more specs would help mate because to see what speed USB the machine supports we need at least the model and more inportnatly the motherboard.
Use this to find those details out.
Using HW Info
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic.
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
Open each + down into the component itself and then click on it - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that device. See pic for example.
Use the lower part and find the model of the motherboard please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364179-computer-freezes-when-external-hard-drive-accessed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi any help would be appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging hard do forcing freezes randomly me to reboot. up, Computer bin HpqSRmon exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Shutterfly Studio Bin SFlyStudio exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil f exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Users refurb Desktop HJT HiJackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Computer randomly freezes up, forcing me to do hard reboot. Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Computer randomly freezes up, forcing me to do hard reboot. Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll Computer randomly freezes up, forcing me to do hard reboot. O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateReg quot C Windows system jureg exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run IS CfgWiz quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared OPC D -D C- da - B- D AD AF cltUIStb exe quot MODULE CfgWiz GUID BC D EAF-F - d b-AB D-B D C E MODE CfgWiz CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-randomly-freezes-up-forcing-me-to-do-hard-reboot-303110.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows XP Computer Q GHx GB Ram Memmory GB T drive has never been the same since my mother clicked on a link in her aol email while visiting my office hard required freezes, Computer and reboot XP slow My PC tools picked up XP Computer slow and freezes, hard reboot required the virus and I XP Computer slow and freezes, hard reboot required got rid of it but the computer is supper slow freezes when I leave on overnight mostly to do maintenance sometimes during the day I have to shut off if I try to do very many tasks at the same time I have been putting up with this for months but it has gotten worse I ve tried the following Chkdsk - no errors defragged Perfect Disk PC Tools Virus Scan used PC Tools Registry Mechanic - but it kept screwing up my Netextender VPN logins so I uninstalled Registry Mechanic and purchased Uniblue Power Suite - Registry Booster SpeedupMyPC Driver Scanner I have been updating windows and my drivers are up to date The computer is running faster not normal but still needing to hard reboot from freezes mainly because I have searchindexer off I do regular scans with PC Tools Before Uniblue I kept having a lot more processes running I have searched the internet for each item in my startup and started searching all the running processes and found I might be infected with something through the svchost exe and also BDTUpdateService exe Short of switching all the software I use for business onto my new Windows Computer I started trying to resolve this computers problems and found hope by reading some of your posts on this website I look forward to instructions what do I do next Thanks

A:XP Computer slow and freezes, hard reboot required

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,
Please follow the steps here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic44694.html . If the issue presists or if you have any problems please respond back here.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413682/xp-computer-slow-and-freezes-hard-reboot-required/
Relevancy 51.17%

A file on my portable hard drives says it requires system permission but when i give it system permission it still doesnt let me delete it, it bother me, ive scanned it with 3 virus programs and it's not a virus.

A:A file on my portable hard drives says it requires system permission

Have you tried right-clicking that file and choosing Take Ownership then afterwards, try to delete it? That's what I would do first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/191266-file-my-portable-hard-drives-says-requires-system-permission.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Just Requires Reboot Hangs Hard System Panel Control as I finished getting my system installed my Control Panel started hanging When I try to open it I can do nothing on the sytem I can not even get to the Task Manager to end task I have to Hard Reboot Control Panel does open in Safe Mode I can not believe Vista is this unstable I have nothing but Microsoft Products installed Of course incompatibilities and embarassing for MS bugs abound it is very disheartening I think I have had to hard reboot this system more in the past weeks then in the last years on w k and xp The system is weeks old There are no prior versions to Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot restore from I have tried refreshing licenses creating a new user Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot rebuilding icon cache I have no idea what else to try I would very much like to not have to waste another week rebuilding my brand new Laptop Dell XPS I tried reinstalling from OS That did not work Said 'Checking Configuration' all night Any ideas would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166913-control-panel-hangs-system-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Samsung NP Z A-S Windows Home premium http speccy piriform com results E Fd mr ggx zTRO YZ qw Problem Computer becomes completely unresponsive Cursor will move but cannot click on anything NP700Z3a-S03 Samsung hard shutdown hangs Windows 7 requires Ctrl-alt-del opens the menu but no selection can be made a happens most frequently in Windows Explorer b does not occur in safe mode Attempted solutions System restore a no save points prior to the commencement of the issue Windows 7 hangs requires hard shutdown Samsung NP700Z3a-S03 Memory testing a Windows mem test shows no problem b Memtest shows no problem only pass however Check disk shows no problems with either disk HDD and iSSD Seagate tools shows no problem with HDD didn't know if I could use on SSD which is different manufacturer Malwarebytes premium has been onboard the whole time -- found nothing HitmanPro found a couple of minor problems and repaired them Did Windows 7 hangs requires hard shutdown Samsung NP700Z3a-S03 not solve CCleaner downloaded no solve There may have been other things done to try and solve--this has been going on for over a week and my memory fails me This computer is used for work mostly done remote through VPN and for law school so I am thoroughly vexed and hopeful that someone can help Note that if you are able to help you will need to be pretty explicit in your instructions I am computer literate on the user side of things for what I do daily but I don't go mucking about into the programs that run the computer nor its innards Fingers crossed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609540/windows-7-hangs-requires-hard-shutdown-samsung-np700z3a-s03/
Relevancy 50.74%

Howdy everyone I've got a problem with my computer hard freezing locking up no input have to perform a hard reboot since July th It with Viewer or Event Hard No Freezes BSOD Logs Computer seems impossible for me to diagnose this problem since I've never dealt with a recurring hard freeze before My initial reaction was that the hardware was problematic but at the same time I have no idea if it could be caused by a driver Attempted solutions so far Ran CHKDSK on both HDDs no errors found this is on a four-week old HDD with a fresh Windows x install Ran Memtest for hours no errors found Replaced the graphics card with a weaker one problem still occurred Constantly checking temps for overheating card and processor rarely get above but the computer still freezes during idle or low Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs processing stages Software-related Uninstalled and swept video card drivers then reinstalled twice Ran Driver Verifier as of now and no blue screens Started checking for any errors in Event Viewer none are related to the crash so far as I've fixed about random things getting reported Checked for dump files to no avail Reinstalled all motherboard drivers from the manufacturer At this point I'm at the end of my ideas so I came to you guys I have no idea what information I could provide to you that may be of assistance While the computer is frozen it is still powered on as well - Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs I have to turn it off manually if that is revealing of anything I'm basically willing to try anything Please let me know if you have any suggestions thanks

A:Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs

Welcome
Try in safe mode, if it freezes most likely hardware problem

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242343-computer-hard-freezes-no-bsod-event-viewer-logs.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I saw in another forum post that this information can be very useful in diagnosing issues I RMA'd my graphics card so unless I got two faulty ones that shouldn't be the problem Here is a Events Dropped Hard Transport?) the Been Freezes Computer By Have (Audit speccy screenshot http speccy piriform com results HY WhRJG EJKb iVe Q p MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by ath administrator on - - at Running from C Users ath Downloads Computer Hard Freezes (Audit Events Have Been Dropped By the Transport?) Microsoft Windows Home X Model To Be Filled By O E M Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Computer Hard Freezes (Audit Events Have Been Dropped By the Transport?) Application errors Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Application or service 'AMD FUEL Service' could not be restarted Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name WhatsNew Store exe version Computer Hard Freezes (Audit Events Have Been Dropped By the Transport?) time stamp x bf a Faulting module name twinapi appcore dll version time stamp x fa a Exception code xc b Fault offset x f Faulting process id x e Faulting application start time xWhatsNew Store exe Faulting application path WhatsNew Store exe Faulting module path WhatsNew Store exe Report Id WhatsNew Store exe Faulting package full name WhatsNew Store exe Faulting package-relative application ID WhatsNew Store exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name SystemSettings exe version time stamp x f ae Faulting module name MusUpdateHandlers dll version time stamp x a d Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id xa c Faulting application start time xSystemSettings exe Faulting application path SystemSettings exe Faulting module path SystemSettings exe Report Id SystemSettings exe Faulting package full name SystemSettings exe Faulting package-relative application ID SystemSettings exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name SystemSettings exe version time stamp x f ae Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x c f Exception code xc Fault offset x e Faulting process id x bbc Faulting application start time xSystemSettings exe Faulting application path SystemSettings exe Faulting module path SystemSettings exe Report Id SystemSettings exe Faulting package full name SystemSettings exe Faulting package-relative application ID SystemSettings exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name SystemSettings exe version time stamp x f ae Faulting module name MusUpdateHandlers dll version time stamp x a d Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xSystemSettings exe Faulting application path SystemSettings exe Faulting module path SystemSettings exe Report Id SystemSettings exe Faulting package full name SystemSettings exe Faulting package-relative application ID SystemSettings exe Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Activation of app Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy CortanaUI failed with error - See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Application or service 'AMD FUEL Service' could not be restarted Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program GTAVLauncher exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel Process ID f Start Time d ffbd f Termination Time Application Path C Steam steamapps common Grand Theft Auto V GTAVLauncher exe Report Id da - e - e - dc -d ea Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Activation of ap... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597388/computer-hard-freezes-audit-events-have-been-dropped-by-the-transport/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using windows haven't had many problems until now I just moved into a new apartment and i worry it's some power related damage Windows boot from won't on or CD Computer Hard Startup, Drive. Freezes i don't know I had the computer running when i moved in Then i went to buy groceries came back accidentally kicked the power strip on off switch beneath the desk with my foot and windows hasn't started since When i start the computer i have full access to my bios if i boot Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. from my HD i am shown a windows error recovery screen asking me to start windows startup repair or Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. start windows normally Selecting startup repair gets me a loading bar then a black screen maybe after min i will get a blue screen like the background of the ui when installing windows If i start windows normally i get the windows logo then a very fast BSOD flash then the computer restarts Booting from my windows install disk lets me choose between install and repair language selection then it freezes and i get the same windows style back slash ad infinitum Thanks guys i really hope i don't have any permanent damage Anxiously awaiting your replies

A:Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive.

What Brand and Model PC?

Since you can get into the bios look for a PC(hardware) Health page and check the temps and voltage listings(12v, 5v, 3.3v).

If it a stock OEM PC reset to factory defaults save and exit the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-on-startup-wont-boot-from-windows-cd-or-hard-drive-660434.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So for some time now my computer has been freezing randomly Truly randomly I don't have to be doing anything at all I can just be at the desktop or sometimes I return to find it frozen Although most of the time it isn't frozen just REALLY SLOW You have to wait a minute for the mouse to move and inch I have a setup where I have a freezes Computer randomly, drive hard help replugging it. Need fixes hooked up to my monitor I can press the input switch to go between the two However if I turn off Computer freezes randomly, replugging hard drive fixes it. Need help the without switching to the PC manually usually happens automatically when the turns off then it will be frozen when the screen returns to it And yes it IS frozen or rather really really slow like I described before Now here's the thing If I try to restart it usually gets to a point where is says quot loading IDE drive quot or something and stay there BUT if I replug my hard drive it boots up fine and won't freeze for a certain amount of time Sometimes an hour sometimes a week The problem always returns though I was wondering if anyone knows a more permanent fix I recall reading somewhere about a year ago it had to do with some setting Some frequency of megahertz or something

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-randomly-replugging-hard-drive-fixes-it-need-help-355885.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Seven Forums Have a strange to time & hard every USB corrupts file requires external Saving reboot recurring issue and hopefully you guys can help me home in on the problem Not sure it's software over hardware though Situation is - saving a file in Visual Studio to my external hard drive usb exFAT hardware encrypted always causes an AppHang The program stops responding and any other program which tries to access that location on the drive does the same These processes Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time refuse to be killed and the only way out is to hard shut down the computer regular Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time shut down just sits there After doing so chkdsk reveals that the location Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time on the drive has corruption issues which it then fixes and all is fine Until the next time I try to save a file that is Some more information Only started happening about a month ago before that the files saved fine Doesn't happen if I use the drive on another computer running similar Visual Studio Other programs can save the same files fine The problem did once occur with P V but I can't say with certainty that it wasn't due to forgetting to fix with chkdsk following one of the reboots Tried saving files to other USB hard drives FAT and NTFS yet to try another exFAT works fine My initial thought was PSU not being quite up to powering the drive as I was already concerned that the wattage wasn't high enough for the machine Beefier one made no difference though Some googling suggested system file corruption ran System File Checker and there were indeed some corrupted files but have now resolved these and the problem persists Ran Visual Studio with no plugins and reinstalled it issue persists Ran windows in diagnostic startup services etc disabled and the problem is still there Since I can currently reproduce the problem of the time I hope there is some sort of diagnostics I can do to identify what the cause of this is but this isn't really my wheelhouse and googling this particular issue has proven mostly fruitless Hopefully you can help

A:Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time

If it helps anyone who gets here via google:

It turned out the issue was strongly linked to the drive being exFAT. A USB stick I formatted to exFAT also had the same issues. My conclusion was that it was likely a bug in the latest Visual Studio. Have reformatted my drives to NTFS and all is well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/375713-saving-file-external-usb-requires-hard-reboot-corrupts-every-time.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Brand new custom computer running windows pro with New Custom requiring Computer, Random Hard Freezes, cold reboot. SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. These are hard freezes New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems and updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD for storage Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Intel Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and uninstalled updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate Seatools Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that Please help It would be greatly appreciated

A:New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot.

Reading all of that the first thing that comes to my mind is your power supply.

Orion 585 Watt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330898-new-custom-computer-random-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-reboot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Can we get some system spec's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213655-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had originally posted this issue on this forum but it was moved to the "Am I infected? What do I do?" forum.  We ran ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, AdwCleaner, and Junkware Removal Tool.  We deleted or disabled start up items and scheduled tasks but computer still freezes up.  Only a reboot gets it going again.  Task Manager shows "Disk"  stuck at 100%.  There is 40 gigs space left on the drive.  It was recommended that I start a new topic on this forum.  We did find a suspicious file ... conime.exe, but I could not locate it to submit it to www.virustotal.com for evaluation.  Not sure if it is important or not but the on-screen keyboard keeps popping up. Stays gone for a while after closing but pops up again after a few minutes or whenever I open a different app. I ran FRST.  The files are attached.

A:computer freezes until reboot. Hard drive stuck at 100% but 40 Gig free space

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

FF DefaultSearchEngine: Google (avast)
FF SelectedSearchEngine: Google (avast)
FF Homepage: hxxps://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
FF Keyword.URL: hxxps://www.google.com/search/?trackid=sp-006
FF DefaultSearchUrl: hxxps://www.google.com/search/?trackid=sp-006
FF SearchEngineOrder.1: Google (avast)
FF NewTab: about:newtab
FF SearchPlugin: C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\o1visahr.default\searchplugins\google-avast.xml [2015-09-30]
CHR Plugin: (Widevine Content Decryption Module) - C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\WidevineCDM\1.4.7.771\_platform_specific\win_x86\widevinecdmadapter.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Chrome PDF Viewer) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\47.0.2526.106\pdf.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Adobe Acrobat) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AIR\nppdf32.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Google Update) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.26.9\npGoogleUpdate3.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Java Deployment Toolkit 8.0.250.18) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\dtplugin\npDeployJava1.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U25) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Windows Activation Technologies) - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\npWatWeb.dll => No File
CHR Extension: (Avast Online Security) - C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki [2015-11-24]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChrome.crx [2015-07-02]
U3 idsvc; no ImagePath
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0215A4C0-5431-4FD0-9B06-46589B5C4939}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{048ED0E0-12CF-4C0F-9FFA-947C2FBE8C8E}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{071339A1-1946-44B2-B63E-50459B15DB86}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{08A60FF7-BB37-44F4-9759-0ADA6C7B9CC9}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0B38CACA-3D3C-48EA-BEB5-7D95F4F6EE15}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0C3393F8-94F5-4B79-8C01-49A2D0CC0FE9}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0D555CE0-304A-47A6-858B-B145209A3982}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{12545889-6D32-4424-9967-1E1D7BD1F809}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{14679E3B-C952-4998-8E13-4B1286E6DD99}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{1481B385-759A-4B00-9257-E96357563999}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\CLSID\{162EF0A1-5A33-46F2-ACCF-CA388B084A09}\InprocServer32 -> axdb.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-186936371-685096657-845075952-1000_Classes\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601251/computer-freezes-until-reboot-hard-drive-stuck-at-100-but-40-gig-free-space/
Relevancy 49.88%

New custom computer running working. cold Hard Randomly Computer to boot New requiring Freezes get windows pro New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working. with SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used These are hard freezes and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems I updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary Harddrive Seagate TB HDD for storage an Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate fitness Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that

A:New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working.

Did you substitute another power supply? Did you reseat all connectors?
Another thing -you say that you Flashed the BIOS and that produced a temporary fix. You might want to contact Asus about the issue based on this alone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330901-new-computer-randomly-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-boot-get-working.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Run the western digital diagnostic tool, if it says its bad, then time to rma the disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213659-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Built my computer about months ago worked fine up until now My PC randomly freezes completely and suddenly Task manager wont open and I have to reset it however even after reset it takes forever to boot and it goes straight to the wont up, reset UEFI Computer to boot till full shutdown/reset goes button locking UEFI and not to Windows even if I exit the UEFI it won t boot into Windows until I shut it off completely then turn it back on My M g SSD Windows Drive doesn t show up in the Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset boot menu but does in device manager my computer however this is not a new thing I suspected the SSD might be failing The freezing started after having my computer off for days it s never been Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset shut off for more than a day or two I can think of no other unusual things Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset I might have done or changed So far I have tried Resetting the BIOS overclocks to quot default quot they have been stable Running memtest for a period of hours with no errors Running MSI Kombuster burn-in-test for about half an hour This was happening while playing Battlefield I thought it might be the game GPU but it happens even while watching VLC or browsing Firefox and Chrome on their own Didn t crash Freeing up space in the Windows SSD It had less than GB now it has GB and the problem still occurs Checked all temperatures of CPU GPU Drives Mobo nothing is overheating Under GPU stress test It doesn t lag or give warnings it just locks up There were several large tmp files taking up space - gb in my windows SSD g M I deleted them but one reappeared I forgot the folder location it was a Temp folder I think under AppData it wasn t the windows temp folder The reason I mention it is because they were never there before I don t use my Windows SSD for anything beside a few quot essential quot small applications and then suddenly it was full which I didn t see until I was troubleshooting my current issue They were all hours old My only guess is BF was putting them there for some reason because my g SSD was too full They all started with SRA then random letters or numbers tmp nbsp

A:Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset

The SSD might be failing. Is it still under warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-locking-up-reset-button-goes-to-uefi-wont-boot-till-full-shutdown-reset.204640/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently installed windows blinds i made my PC look awesome with a Windows Vista theme i came back on today and my theme was gone windows blinds somehow had a missing dll one program had completley vanished all of my quick launch buttons that are in the start menu are gone my custom tool bars were gone my icons were all put in a curtain order and not the way i Reset, Reinstalled? And Program Single Or Computer Reset Registrey> Every layed them out when i go into program files it says that showing this data might harm the pc or something like that the thing it says when you first go in there for the first time and you have to click on quot Show quot it Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey> is saying that i am not admin when i am my close and minimize and maximize buttons are small and wont go big even when i change the setting i cant get a wallpaper to go on background it just stays blue This quot is now when it was in the right place it seems like my whole operating system has just been reinstalled WHAT THE HAS SOMEONE DONE TO IT OR WHAT THE HAS HAPPENED BECAUSE Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey> IM PISSED OFF BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS ED PLEASE HELP ME GET MY PC BACK Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey> And i have got to reinstall Windows Media Player again and probobly the Windows Updates i avnt got a clue what has gone and what hasnt anyone please help me im desperate for help with this one plus the pic of my theme is there so is something covering up my theme and windows blinds says it needs reinstalling that vista theme that is on now is a theme i downloaded it is not the theme that is ment to be on it did look like this nbsp

A:Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey>

Can you get to System Restore and Restore it to a date before this happened......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reset-and-every-single-program-reinstalled-or-reset-registrey.591017/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there new here I have searched for about - hours on this topic I have updated as many drivers as I could and I have changed my SATA cables out I cannot figure out this problem When I am on my computer the red hard driver indicator light on the top of my case will blink constantly When I start playing a game fast, it? freezes. causes computer drive solid, What and Hard light stays then blinks it will blink really fast and then you can hear a Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? quot beep quot sound The light stays red for a few seconds Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? then goes back to blinking intermittently When it beeps everything freezes up for a bit - seconds Then it will come back and resume like before Sometimes the beeps and freezes are minutes apart sometimes they are minutes apart Its really annoying and I dont want to take it to a shop just yet Anyone ever heard of this happening Is the hard drive overheating maybe Cause it gets worse when I have things like music and games going at the same time If anyone would like to know more about the computer I will list it all

A:Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. The Check Disk Utility will check the integrity of the drive.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and run the Quick and the Extended diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-light-blinks-fast-then-stays-solid-and-computer-freezes-what-causes-it-647800.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Computer freezes and stops working only when im downloading a torrent or try to stream!
The Red Blinking light (Which im sure is for the Hard Disk) stops blinking once these freezes happen
When it freezes sometimes i cant even restart it with the restart button on the case and have to take its cable out.The problem has been on my computer for a year but i havent tried fixing it.

I had a blue screen of death once but that was months ago.
Havent ReInstalled Windows even once since ive got it last year.

Sidenote: I sometimes have Administrator problems and cant do some stuff when i am the administrator could that be the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379469-computers-freezes-computer-cases-red-light-hard-drive-stops-blinkin.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After factory resetting my pc, it was installing windows and i accidentally turned it off. now everytime i turn it on it says i have to click ok to restart as it was turned off during windows installation  when i do it just repeats the same time no matter how many times i click ok and it restarts. please help as my computer is not booting up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Had-to-factory-reset-my-computer-after-the-reset-i-was/td-p/5842411
Relevancy 48.16%

hi, i recently put in a wireless adapter for my router on another computer, and after i put it in and turned the computer back on, it suddenly shows that username and password screen, when it never did that before...
like it says press control alt delete and then i have to type in username and password, but I never had to do that before..
this is on windows xp home edition, and i just had to click my name icon to start up windows before, and I don't know why it asks me for my username and password now..
can someone help me?

thanks..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-requires-username-password.631478/
Relevancy 48.16%

Sup ppl well as my title says First of all heyia everyone New here Well ima start my story Bought an Acer M like an year ago it came like this CPU C D E GHz RAM GB Ram MHz GPU Integrated / PSU (In : Computer Watts Theory) more requires 250 But Gefocre Nforce i HDD GB PSU Watts but i wasnt even looking at the PSU : 250 Watts / But Computer requires more (In Theory) PSU And bought a GT MB DDR also OC ed my CPU to GHz and the ram at MHz and it worked fine well later after that i bought a Gigabyte GT GB DDR which is my current and i get RE with maybe - FPS at least at max settings x AA So my question PSU : 250 Watts / But Computer requires more (In Theory) is After searching that i wanna have GB Ram and another HDD GB a Chipset cooler i just saw my PSU Only at watts isnt it gonna damage my computer As only the GPU needs at least Watts What about the rest Isnt the CPU Needing a bit more at GHz I mean my computer seems to work fine no restarts nor any other problems but is it beeing damaged atm or would it be damaged after i put gb ram hd gb chipset cooler Thanks in advanced people nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Computer hibernates satisifactorily but one half the time it must be restarted (with a password) to function.

A:Computer requires restart after sleeping

Keoweekid, welcome to the forum. It sounds like a glitch has occurred in the system.  I suggest going into the Control Panel / Power Options and changing all settings to Never.  Once this is done, reboot the computer.  Then, go back into the Control Panel and change the settings to what you want them to be.  This may solve your problem.  If this doesn't solve your problem, you may have to do a System Recovery. Also, if you are the only user of the computer, you can set it to boot with Auto logon.  This way you won't have to use a PW everytime you logon.  I have mine setup this way. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-requires-restart-after-sleeping/td-p/5647620
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello friends,

I am new here, I just received a new work computer that runs Windows 8. After connecting it to the network I had trouble with it being password protected and found help on this form post by Topgundcp. The new computer is now accessible from 3 of the other 4 (Win XP) computers but still locked for 1 computer. I can not figure out why or a solution, hopefully someone here knows the answer to this dilemma.

Thank you,
-W

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27846-computer-network-requires-password-only-1-4-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So for some unknown reason for about a month now every computer /release, day my ipconfig renew Every requires - hours without fail my computer will loose all connectivity and I will get the limited or no connectivity yellow icon Only way to fix it is with a ipconfig release followed by a ipconfig renew it is NOT the router I have Every day my computer requires ipconfig /release, renew tried two routers at my house and it even did it while I was home for the holiday at my mothers No idea why but without fail it does it every day and the release renew is the only way I can fix it Any ideas Its getting a IP address when it happens which im pretty sure means local to the router so im note sure any settings I should check Oh also i forgot to mention Every day my computer requires ipconfig /release, renew this happens on BOTH wireless and wired Both are set to obtain ip and dns automatically and worked up until a month ago Thanks for any info Edit Browsing around I saw that alot of threads where recommending sfc scannow mine always stops at here is the log have NO idea if it will help but w e in rar because too big for log type file

A:Every day my computer requires ipconfig /release, renew

Hi zocheyado,

Since the same issue occurs with the 'wired and wireless connection', it could be a 'corrupt firewall'. Please share the 'firewall' installed in the system. You may try to 'disable' the 'anti-virus / firewall' and see if that works.

Also check the performance of the internet in 'Safe Mode with Networking'.

In the mean while, you may also try to 'Reset IP' and 'Reset Winsock Catalogue'. You may find the following steps useful:
1. Click How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to run the 'Microsoft Fixit' and 'Reset Internet Protocol'
2. If the issue persists, also try type the following command in an 'Elevated Command Prompt' window: 'netsh winsock reset catalog' (without quotations)

For an 'Elevated Command Prompt' check this link: Elevated Command Prompt

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272800-every-day-my-computer-requires-ipconfig-release-renew.html
Relevancy 47.73%

How can I extend the time before lock? Or better yet, remove this?

A:My computer requires ctrl-alt-del and password after 30 min of inactivity

Hi scogo, Welcome to TSG !!
What Operating System are you running ??
I assume the screensaver is coming on and needs a password to get back to desktop !!
Right click on the desktop, Properties, ScreenSaver.
Un check the box that says "Password Protected". Apply , then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-requires-ctrl-alt-del-and-password-after-30-min-of-inactivity.338290/
Relevancy 47.73%

My name is Jane and I am on a Windows X system and all has been great for a while About days ago I started having the computer freeze up suddenly At first it would recover after a short time but finally it totally crashed the system requiring a reboot to get going again It seems to happen a requires - freezing Computer randomly reboot lot when i right click on something but has also happened when the system was not active once today I was reading some web instructions and suddenly my screen went black and I got a message saying there was no video signal The progress I have seen with this was at first just freezing for a few Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot seconds then for a longer time Then it stopped recovering at all and the screen would black out and I would get the no signal message Now my user account is totally trashed If I try to log in to it I get a black screen the no signal message and have to reboot to get my video back I am using the Admin account to send this and it seems to be ok but I did have one crash from this account earlier too At first I thought it was something in Chrome so I uninstalled it and reinstalled because the crashes seem to always come when I was using Chrome I do not think that fixed it though because it has crashed since then I looked around in safe mode but I really have no idea of what I am looking for Any thoughts suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot

This might or might not help but is worth trying.
In administrator command prompt run sfc /scannow.

Then run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in administrator command prompt & reboot & run sfc again.

Post back with results.

Both commands take a while to finish.
Up to an hour.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29687-computer-freezing-randomly-requires-reboot.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM attacks!! used expert!! being This Computer requires an Launch to on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!! system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Adobe This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!! Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Documents and Settings Mikey Desktop Exec hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - Hosts www affinityfcu org O - Hosts affinityfcu org O - Hosts www azfcu org O - Hosts azfcu org O - Hosts www zionbank com O - Hosts zionbank com O - Hosts www royalbank com O - Hosts royalbank com O - Hosts www desjardins com O - Hosts desjardins com O - This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!! Hosts www suncoastfcu org O - Hosts suncoastfcu org O - Hosts capitalone com O - Hosts www capitalone com O - Hosts www bankofamerica com O - Hosts bankofamerica com O - Hosts www chase com O - Hosts chase com O - Hosts www southtrust com O - Hosts southtrust com O - Hosts www wachovia com O - Hosts wachovia com O - Hosts www wellsfargo com O - Hosts wellsfargo com O - Hosts www citi com O - Hosts citi com O - Hosts www citibank com O - Hosts citibank com O - Hosts www etrade com O - Hosts etrade com O - Hosts www neteller com O - Hosts neteller com O - Hosts tcfbank com O - Hosts www tcfbank com O - Hosts comerica com O - Hosts www comerica com O - Hosts www riversfcu org O - Hosts riversfcu org O - Hosts www com O - Hosts com O - Hosts www bbt com O - Hosts bbt com O - Hosts www cnbwax com O - Hosts cnbwax com O - Hosts www cwbk com O - Hosts cwbk com O - Hosts www edsefcu org O - Hosts edsefcu org O - Hosts www firstusa com O - Hosts firstusa com O - Hosts www frontierbank com O - Hosts frontierbank com O - Hosts www gncu org O - Hosts gncu org O - Hosts www householdbank com O - Hosts householdbank com O - Hosts www icicibank com O - Hosts icicibank com O - Hosts www mbna com O - Hosts mbna com O - Hosts www mibank com O - Hosts mibank com O - Hosts www midamericabank com O - Hosts midamericabank com O - Hosts www myindymacbank com O - Hosts myindymacbank com O - Hosts www nafcunet org O - Hosts nafcunet org O - Hosts www nationalcity com O - Hosts nationalcity com O - Hosts www cnb com O - Hosts cnb com O - Hosts www nationwide com O - Hosts nationwide com O - Hosts www netbank com O - Hosts netbank com O - Hosts www netbank com O - Hosts netbank com au O - Hosts www netbank com au O - Hosts www commbank com au O - Hosts www postfinance com O - Hosts postfinance com O - Hosts www providian com O - Hosts providian com O - Hosts www sbbt com O - Hosts sbbt com O - Hosts www sears com O - Hosts sears com O - Hosts telcomcu com O - Hosts www telcomcu com O - Hosts www tcuonline org O - Hosts tcuonline org O - Hosts www uofcfcu com O - Hosts uofcfcu com O - Hosts www usaa com O - Hosts usaa com O - Hosts www warrenfcu com O - Hosts warrenfcu com O - Hosts visionsfcu org O - Hosts www visionsfcu org O - Hosts www tcfexpress com O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bi... Read more

A:This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!!

Any reason why this machine is still plain vanilla XP & not SP1/2 enabled?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/this-requires-an-expert-computer-being-used-to-launch-attacks-154341.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, my computer is freezing up requiring a manual shut down and sometimes restarts by itself. My cpu fan went bad and i just had that replaced. Sometimes it takes 30-45 min before it acts up but most of the time it does it shortly after i boot it up. I have done a full reformat on the computer, installed windows again and everything. I am not too computer savvy so i don't know what else to do about this, i am at my wits end and i need to solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:computer freezing and requires a manual shutdown

(My cpu fan went bad and i just had that replaced)

did you replace it yourself or did you take it somewhere?
first thing i'm thinking of is maybe the heatsink is not set right on cpu. can you tell us what your temps are?

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192862-computer-freezing-requires-manual-shutdown.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Everyone,

Here lately my Windows XP system has been freezing randomly aup to five times a day. It requires a manual reboot with me holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

I use Trend Micro Internet security for spyware, virus protection etc. It has been very reliable the past few years and I rarely have problems with my computer. However, this is one problem that I haven't yet been able to solve.

If there is anyone out there that could assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Computer Freeze Requires Manual Reboot

Hi .Error messages in Event Viewer...that are relevant?How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166439/computer-freeze-requires-manual-reboot/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Samsung HD103UJ 1TB HDD that works fine on my HP DV7 laptop connected via USB. It mounts normally and all is well.

On my HP Pavilion desktop with a newly installed Windows 7 O/S, the drive can be seen in Device Manager, but when I open Disk Management, it says it needs to be initialized. I have not initialized it due to the fear of wiping out the content. I tried both USB and Sata with the same result. Both computers are running Windows 7 SP1 with the latest updates. Any suggestions?

A:Working drive requires Initialization on different computer

If it has a letter, run a chkdsk /f on it.

In an elevated command prompt (run as admin) type: (I'm assuming D) (if it's not, substitute)

chkdsk d: /f

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/284852-working-drive-requires-initialization-different-computer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

HI,

i think my PC is infected, sometimes it freezes completly and nothing works until i reset my PC.
and my pc is since a few days very slow.

can sombody lokk over the Logs of dds, gmer ... etc.

thank you

A:PC sometimes freezes, nothing works until Reset. i Think im Infected

Please run the following:Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Run AdwCleaner and select DeleteOnce done it will ask to reboot, allow the rebootOn reboot a log will be produced, please attach the content of the log to your next replyNEXTRefer to the ComboFix User's Guide Download ComboFix from the following location:

Link

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474330/pc-sometimes-freezes-nothing-works-until-reset-i-think-im-infected/
Relevancy 47.3%

UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS Hi guys I the to requires program reboot..." "Setup detected that computer has another m really glad I found this forum and hope you can help I was infected with AV Security Suite ran all the recommended programs such as GMER TDDS Killer rkill and malwarebytes and my PC seems to be clean now "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." When I ran Combofix I didn t manage to disable Avast so I decided to uninstall it On re-installing the program I repeatedly encountered the following prompt Setup has detected that another program setup requires the computer to reboot You must reboot the computer before installing avast Once the system reboots you need to restart setup If you decide to continue application may not work correctly Do you want to continue Yes NoOf course I said no each time and I m now wondering what that quot other program setup quot could be I disabled the Windows firewall "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." finished the Windows Update Manager all to no avail An Adobe Acrobat Reader Update icon that appears on my taskbar during startup seems kinda genuine when I move the cursor over it or right click it actually "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." says the name and I can close it so I doubt that s the problem but I m not sure Any idea what that other program setup that requires the computer to reboot could be On the web I found the following help for this problem quot Modifying the Windows Registry quot but I don t want to mess with the registry unless absolutely necessary even though I have done a back-up with ERUNT Method Modify the Windows Registry Click Start click Run type regedit and then click OK Locate and then click the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager In the right pane right-click PendingFileRenameOperations and then click Delete Would you recommend this action Many thanks in advance MichaelEDIT Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum Hamluis UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329237/setup-has-detected-that-another-program-requires-the-computer-to-reboot/
Relevancy 47.3%

once my computer shuts down it loses windows xp, it doesnt go past "welcome to windows xp" and i have to re-install wimdows xp afresh losing all my data in the process, what could be causing this?

A:My computer requires that I re-install windows xp everytime it shuts down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-requires-that-i-re-install-windows-xp-everytime-it-shuts-down.1089066/
Relevancy 47.3%

Umm hi I have NOOOO idea what is wrong with my computer So the basics windows HP y model Bought in May Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB requires Computer wrong? for no restore down, sometimes won't What's - shut reason Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Yes my antivrus is only free avast and I have that Windows Security Essentials thingy My local internet provider said that d be all I would need since I don t do sketchy stuff with my computer And my dad is cheap and won t buy me good stuff The problem I thought that anytime I used my computer before the internet loaded on it and my two antivirus whatever programs started it would freeze and require a system restore What's wrong? - Computer won't shut down, sometimes requires restore for no reason But two days ago I started up Chrome after those things loaded and the computer froze anyway Anytime this happens I m forced to do a system restore I try to restart it like - times before I do a restore but then I just admit defeat and restore and even after that sometimes I have to restart a couple times before it starts working Only now my computer won t shut down I tried to shut it down and after minutes it wouldn t shut down and I just went to bed Woke up hours later I don t get enough sleep on weekdays crash on weekends and it STILL hadn t shut down I m really concerned about this because my family can t afford to get another computer if something happens to this There were years between the purchase of our last computer and this one I am literally the only person who uses this computer it s mine I don t use P P file sharing and I don t visit sketchy sites unless I accidentally go to a bad site while working on homework it happens lol So I immediately end my browser if that happens The only programs I have are League of Legends WoW iTunes legal editing programs legal office programs and the like I don t have any major additions to my computer since it s really only used for facebook homework minor gaming and online shopping Stuff like that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Owner AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files x Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Spigot Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Pag... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-wrong-computer-wont-shut-down-sometimes-requires-restore-for-no-reason.1044789/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just had a random pc reset during a game of League of Legends. I've also been getting freezes when the PC transitions into screensaver mode. There hasn't been any BSODs yet and I've had this issue before - PC freezing when the monitors go on standby and a ntoskrnl BSOD

I still have the fixes in action from that thread. Not sure what I should try next. Posting my dxdiag alongside this. Thanks in advance.

DxDiag.txt

A:Random reset and system freezes during screensaver

My first suggestion would be check your GPU temps (use SpeedFan), check your GPU fan and heatsink to make sure they're clean and moving freely, verify the card is firmly in the slot along with its power cord. And reinstall your graphics card (Download the driver from nVidia and before installing check "Perform clean install"). When you say reset are you saying it restarts, the screen turns off but their is still hard drive activity, screen turns off and no hard drive activity, or the entire system turns off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299030-random-reset-system-freezes-during-screensaver.html