Windows Support Forum

Will a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better in a PCI-e x16 slot?

Q: Will a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better in a PCI-e x16 slot?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of grabbing a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Sound Card for Christmas as I am fed up of the distortion of bass from my onboard sound but there is a question which I am curious as to what the answer is...

Would the Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better when slotted into a PCI-e x16 slot rather than the PCI-e x1 slot?

Cheers for your answers

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better in a PCI-e x16 slot?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Will a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better in a PCI-e x16 slot?

No,it will just use the same contacts as the pci express 1 slot uses.
Although you could use it that way if you need the space.it's not
going to make any performance difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-creative-x-fi-fatal1ty-titanium-work-better-in-a-pci-e-x16-slot.969938/
Relevancy 84.32%

Hey guys, Matt here.

If anyone has been creeping about, I've been having issues with sound configuration in Windows 7.

After a bit of digging, I've found a fix... Buy a new damn card.

Just want all you forum goers opinions, Is this card all that it is cracked up to be?

Links to Reviews and even first hand experience intel much appreciated

Here is the link I located to see if it was compatable with my Win7 x64-bit system,

Windows 7 Compatibility Center hardware browse results - Graphics Cards & Components - Sound Cards

Matt~

A:Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium - Should I?

it's a good card but the x-fi drivers have been a source of issues for many lately.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/66263-creative-x-fi-fatal1ty-titanium-should-i.html
Relevancy 83.39%

My thoughts on Creative s X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro I decided to get this card because my new system build would have required a PCI-Express soundcard since the i system I was going to get included an Intel DX SO MB which is lite on PCI slots Reading reviews about the X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro were impressive but nowhere did I see anything comparing it to my X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro which has similar features including X-RAM and the Fatal ty Pro name tag so I was a little skeptical of the sound performance over the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro Well I ll use one on Creative?s Titanium Fatal1ty X-Fi Pro thoughts My word to describe sound performance of the X-Fi Titanium Fatal My thoughts on Creative?s X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro ty Pro over the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro WOW As has been noted time and time again this is an My thoughts on Creative?s X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro audiophile s soundcard and the difference in sound between the X-Fi My thoughts on Creative?s X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro and X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro is very noticeable especially in music where the highs and lows are concerned Treble amp Bass The X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro simply blows the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro away in this area I have an old Altec Lansing ACS speaker system that I run in stereo that is two satellites and a powered subwoofer and have never heard them perform so well with The X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro soundcard installed Imaging is impressive Most stereo setups will have the sound centered which is good but a really good stereo setup will center the voice and bass while creating a left and right soundstage example guitar left piano right vocals center and this card does this with flying colors It s as though you have a soundstage before your very eyes and can see where the musicians are playing Mind you this is in stereo The sound is equally impressive as the bass notes delivered by the Titanium are cleaner deeper and don t sound like thump thump thump the highs are crisp but not shrill sounding or exaggerated cymbals sound like cymbals Mids are excellent And again this is on a year old computer speaker system Sorry but my X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro never sounded this good Never Gaming on this card is equally impressive as the soundstage just opens you seem to have sounds coming from all around you again even on a two speaker setup I read somewhere where someone noted that frames per second actually increased with this card I did a DMark benchmark and my score did increase about points with the card installed but And as good as this card sounds on speakers it sounds even better on my headphones Bose TriPort Sennheiser PX especially with Creative s X-Fi CMSS D enabled Again outstanding soundstage presence and the sound isn t heavy or fatiguing This card simply rocks Now the big plus For those of you who have been trying to figure out a way to hookup your case s front top mic headphone headers to your Creative soundcard worry no more the Titanium Fatal ty Pro allows this Simply hook up your AC or Intel High Definition Audio HDA connector to the back of the soundcard s slot labeled Front Panel and wolla your front case mic headphones now work with the soundcard Even muting the speakers If configured through Creative s Volume Panel I did this with my Antec P case s standard pin Intel HDA connector and everything worked Previously the only way to get front header support was to get creative s I O drive at an added cost It s nice to see creative come around in this area especially since this has been standard practice on integrated soundcards on motherboards for years Thank you Creative As for software you basically get the same software supplied with any other X-Fi product plus Power DVD version Key Features and software I ve owned quite a few Creative soundcards from the AWE Gold to the Live series to the Audigy series to the X-Fi products and this card is a huge step forward Creative definitely m... Read more

A:My thoughts on Creative’s X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

how exactly did you connect this to the front panel?

the wires aren't labelled, the only way i found to do this (but dind't do it yet..not sure if i want to shell out $20 for just a wire...)

was with this adapter Creative Labs X-Fi/Audigy Sound Card to Front Case Port Adapter Cable Products Model: SB-FP-AC97 [SB-FP-AC97] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

if you know of a bette rway, then let me know...

-vinh

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/226935-my-thoughts-creative-s-x-fi-titanium-fatal1ty-pro.html
Relevancy 83.39%

i just got a headset (turtle beach dx12) to use for gaming. all my friends use ventrilo to voice chat. when i plugged the new headset in, it worked except if i was listening to music it would play the music i was listening to in the background behind my voice even though it wasn't loud enough to be heard through the mic. also it would broadcast loud music/loud game sounds to my friends even though the mic was muted. this is on my dell xps 8300 with a creative xfi xtreme card. i had a x-fi titanium fatal1ty pro in my old pc so i put it in the new pc. i had the same issues. i messed with the settings trying to get it to work correctly but it still plays the music and the background and still broadcasts loud music/game sounds. does anyone have an idea what would be causing this issue?

A:creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty pro issues

bump. anyone have any idea what would cause this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/256674-creative-x-fi-titanium-fatal1ty-pro-issues.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello everyone I need your help with something regarding the Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Issue as I'm unsure if the problem I am having Creative Titanium Champion Issue Fatal1ty (SW/HW) X-Fi is simply an issue with Creative Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Issue (SW/HW) and their drivers or if it's a much more serious issue with the hardware In a nutshell Without the Front I O Box The Front Bay that comes bundled with the X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion or purchased separately for use with the X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Professional my X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Soundcard works flawlessly There are a few driver bugs here and there but nothing at all too serious With the Front Bay attached to the Soundcard however things get very whacky and I'm not sure whether this is simply an issue with the Soundcard driver and or Windows or if it's an issue with the Soundcard itself or the hardware in the Front Bay Now I'll get onto the TL DR stuff I am using Windows fresh install Creative haven't realised any official Windows drivers so I am using Windows 's The issues I've described below however were also present for me under Windows with their Windows drivers I haven't tried Windows or any Windows Operating System below so I don't know if this is simply driver issues with Windows When the Front Bay isn't attached to the Soundcard I have the following Input Devices listed under 'Recording Devices' in Windows for the X-Fi Microphone FP The Front Panel Header on the Soundcard used for connecting the Front Panel Mic on the computer case Line-In Microphone The Line-In jack on the back of the Soundcard It's a Flexijack thus can be switched between a Line-In or Microphone jack via Creative's Audio Control Panel under the 'Flexijack' Tab Depending on which one I select the appropriate device name and icon will be used Digital-In The SPDIF TOSLINK Input on the Soundcard quot What-U-Hear quot The direct monitoring of the Soundcard - same as Realtek's Stereo Mix Everything is normal here and all devices work as expected However when the Front Bay is attached to the Soundcard I have the following Input Devices listed under 'Recording Devices' in Windows for the X-Fi Microphone I don't know what this is I assume it's the Microphone jack for the X-Fi's Front Bay however I cannot remember as I don't remember using the microphone jack on the Front Bay The Line-In Jack cannot be used as a Flexijack when the Front Bay is connected to the Soundcard I don't know why that is Line-In The Line-In jack on the back of the soundcard Unlike before without the Front Bay this cannot be switched between a Line-In or Microphone Jack It's fixed as a Line-In jack and the Flexijack tab in Creative's Audio Control Panel is no longer visible Auxiliary The RCA Input jacks on the Front Bay Digital-In The SPDIF TOSLINK Input on the Soundcard quot What-U-Hear quot The direct monitoring of the Soundcard - same as Realtek's Stereo Mix When the Front Bay is connected to the Soundcard the Front Bay's lights work as normal so it's receiving power okay and the Digital Volume Knob for controlling Window's Volume works fine too Last time I used a Microphone with it long ago I believe the Analog Microphone Volume knob also worked perfectly fine However I am limited to using one Input Device at one time I am limited to whichever Input device is currently the Windows Default Device The one that is the default Input device has a status of 'Ready' whilst all others state 'Currently Unavailable' If I change the Default Device to another the one that I change it to will then be 'Ready' whilst all others and the previous Default Device remain 'Unavailable' This doesn't affect Input Devices from different hardware such as Realtek's Onboard or external USB devices The status of them all is 'Ready' All Playback Devices function as normal without the Front Bay attached to the Soundcard With it attached however If I remember some audio only played out one side of the speaker... Read more

A:Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Issue (SW/HW)

I have an Xfi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion, that I no longer use as it was interfering with my Recording Studio program (Sonar). I used it with Windows 7 64 bit Pro. But, it sounds like it is working correctly with the front panel attached. I didn't read through your very long post, but there are two different operations - with the front panel assembly attached and without. I only used mine with the front panel attached as I wanted the I/O jacks in the front of the PC.

As far as the recording device, normally the "What You Hear" is set as the default recording device, not one of the inputs such as microphone or Line In. With the What You Hear set as the default recording device what is plugged in (e.g. microphone or line is) will be recorded. You also need the What You Hear for recording audio from the internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/37982-creative-x-fi-titanium-fatal1ty-champion-issue-sw-hw.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi alls, I have searched on forum for the issue of remote, but no luck. so i start a new topic then.

I have this carte Creative SB X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion

Since from the site of Creative, it has only driver avaiable for windows 7 x64, so i installed the driver. It works great, then the console can work too, but he can't starting automaticlly when windows boots. - i have to start the console by my-self and he can't be in traybar (notification area) either.

Then the second thing is ... the remote doesn't work.

PS: I have used the update tool from Creative and all seem that all driver or soft is updated.

Anybody has a solution to make the remote works again in windows 7 ?

thank you as much.

A:Creative SB X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Remote doesn't work

Seems like an interesting piece of hardware there.

Yes. I have an idea.

Right click on the remote device in device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste results here. I could possibly locate a driver for it using that information.

You can place a shortcut to the software you want to open with Windows in your user folder, under start menu, startup folder.

Here's the location:

C:\Users\{YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

If you want the software to open with Windows for all accounts, add the shortcut to here instead:

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/36792-creative-sb-x-fi-platinum-fatal1ty-remote-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I have a SB X-fi titanium Fatal1ty pro series, is a PCI express card.

Recently I've installed windows 7 64 bit in my computer, and I can instal drivers and applications. I have a 5.1 headphones with SPDIF input, it's the Sharkoon x-tactic 5.1

The problem is I can't activate the Dolby Digital Live codec to transform the sound in 5.1 and play with this sounds. When I try to select the check box for turn on the codec it keeps in disable and show a message, something like... Creative Audio Service donr run, please reinstall.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall all applications and drivers, but it doesn't work. I dont know where is the *.exe of the creative audio service.

Can you help me?, please

Thanks

A:Problem with SB X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro series

dpproject, welcome to the forums.

The "Creative Audio Service" should be on by default after you install the drivers. To check open Services (click on the Start orb and type in services), and see if it is set to on and its startup is set to automatic. When it is running it will show up in Task Manager as "CTAudSvcService.exe".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/17109-problem-sb-x-fi-titanium-fatal1ty-pro-series.html
Relevancy 76.54%

On my previous pc (Windows 7) I had the same card installed and had my ps4 digital out going into the optical in and had was able to play my games with surround sound. I got a new pc with Windows 8.1 installed the same card with updated drivers, but it won't pick up ps4 digital audio.

I tried all different output settings on the game console, but when looking at the sound card control console says it doesn't recognize the digital format.

Is this fixable or is there an update to playstation audio or creative drivers that makes this not work?

A:Creative x-fi fatal1ty and ps4

See my latest on your other topic please
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1138833-2-2-tb-infinity-no.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-x-fi-fatal1ty-and-ps4.1138842/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone, I am having some trouble with "Creative X-fi Fatal1ty Edition".

So here is my problem, when I have the sound card plugged in windows 7 won't boot up. My monitor won't even turn on. When I take the sound card out, windows 7 will boot up. If I want to reinstall drivers i get a stupid error(image attached).
My Pc:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20ghz
2 gb ram
1tb hd
32 bit win 7

Yes, i have tried what is in this post but still no luck. Creative Sound Cards.

A:Creative X-fi Fatal1ty Edition

See if it's a bad power cable connected to the card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/124413-creative-x-fi-fatal1ty-edition.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys,
I got my new headset a few days ago the Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset and it has a detachable mic, but the problem is when i try talk in ventrilo and sound record i get nothing i have checked it isnt muted and i am really at a loss as to how i can fix it.

Heres a snip of my sound recording tab

Relevancy 75.68%

Hey so i know the problem it's that my computer is trying to read the mic jack and not the mic on the headset i hope someone can help me....thanks

A:Help with creative fatal1ty headset

Elekid,
Welcome to SevenForums.

What is the problem? How does the problem make itself visible/audible?
Carry out following and you should be sure to add info about your headset.

Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
Manufacturer and Model and
ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

You will find that in Speccy, you can select info from the display
using your mouse/touchpad and then paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/243143-help-creative-fatal1ty-headset.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,
I have the pci-e creative x-fi titanium. I have the optical cable hooked up to my receiver and the receiver is showing all 5 channels and the sub as being active.

So... the receiver is definitely saying it is receiving a 5.1 signal, however..... When cycle through the speakers with test tones this is what happens:

Left Channel is played by the left speaker,
the center channel is played by the left and right speakers,
the right channel is played by the right speaker,
the rear right is played by the right speakers,
and the rear left is played by the left speaker.

I cant figure it out. At the surface everything should be working... if my receiver was showing it was only receiving stereo audio I could understand.

I have updated to the latest driver. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-creative-x-fi-titanium.791172/
Relevancy 74.82%

Today I went out and bought this headset and a new graphics card. The gfx card is fine but I'm having a little problem with the headset.

It has both a microphone wire and an audio wire (pink and green ones). I have these two sockets on the front of the PC and both sockets along with others on the back of the PC. When I plug it into the front the microphone works but the headphones don't and when I plug it into the back, the headphones work but the microphone doesn't.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

Bump. Any help at all please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset.686330/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I have brought myself a Creative Fatal ty Gaming Headset almost months ago so i set it all up in the front panel's and i got static but the mic worked so after another months of that it got on my nerves so i moved it to the back panel where everything then worked fine no static no extra noise very clear on the mic At the end of august everything on the headset just stopped working sound Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset and mic now i have the sound on it working again but i cant get the mic to start working I know theirs something im missing so any help would Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset be aprreciated This below is the settings when i go into my sound thats what i find in their and thats what it is currently set at If anyone can work out what is wrong please post Their is also a screen shot of my sound card setting gt under Mixer gt - Does Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset it need changing - Is one of the setting wrong

A:Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

Hey, seems like a lot of people have trouble with the fatal1ty series. I cannot work the mic to run. The speakers are fine but the mic doesn't work. I have a asus f5 vista notebook which has one slot for phones and for for mic. I tried the mic on skype and whatever but it's dead. If you have a thought, please let me know.

Regards, Donnie

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/298144-creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys I ve been combing the X-Fi Help Fatal1ty Sound Blaster Creative internet searching for an answer to this problem maybe you guys could help So let me first explain what I m trying to do Well it s simple I m trying to record Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Help Audio at kHz bit Stereo sound y know the usual format So my problem is that Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Help when I have my card set to quot Audio Creation Mode quot the inputs and volumes all work perfectly fine but when I start to record from my quot Line In quot the signal from that input mutes The Soundcard still records the audio from the signal but I can not hear it which proves to make recording on time with other samples very very difficult My first instinct was to set the card to quot Game quot or quot Entertainment quot mode The problem here is is that when I record all same settings the volume will not exceed - dB before overdriving the signal I can monitor the signal when I record in this mode but I can t get accurate or even sufficient decibels for recording I ve tried using the bit-matched setting and that just makes the problem worse for the fact that it just mutes all sounds going into the card and won t let me record I m sure that this has to do with signal routing through the card but I have little to no idea how to go about doing that if anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Help

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/soundblaster_xfi/

just click the "go to next page" for continuation.
you might find solutions in page 2 & 3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-fatal1ty-help.132706/
Relevancy 74.82%

I was thinking about getting the Creative Fatal1ty Xfi sound card. Anyone know anything about it? I guess the gamer who made it I going to be on 60 minutes on Sunday ha the 22nd
The link: http://www.xfxforce.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3004&tstart=0

ANy suggestions on cards?

A:Creative Fatal1ty Xfi and 60 minutes interview

thask for all of your responses. I am sold!!!
60 minutes was great for gaming btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-fatal1ty-xfi-and-60-minutes-interview.42333/
Relevancy 74.82%

On my windows xp pc when i plug my new fatality headset into the audio and mic jacks in the front of the pc the computer does not register the input. The audio works fine and I can use them as a traditional headset but I'm having trouble using the microphone since if I go to the audio settings in the control panel its as if it hasn't been put in at all...
Please help!
thankyou all in advance

A:Creative Fatal1ty headset not registering

is the mic muted ? you need to go through quite a few settings to get to the mic mute ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-fatal1ty-headset-not-registering.1082363/
Relevancy 74.82%

I had the problem which alot of others had but because alot of others had it that meant there were ways to fix it but 3 months later my mic has broken again it no longer picks up sound and when it does it isn't right it is a screeching sort of noise. This first happened when i was on Teamspeak talking to people but then they couldn't hear me and i started looking for ways to fix but eventually i gave up and i am making new thread on this topic because all the other threads are serveral years old!
So could someone reply asap i want my mic to work again!

A:Creative fatal1ty mic problem different to the other problems(i think)

One thing I see. Everything listed is for RealTek High Definition Audio - the Integrated on the motherboard audio. I do not see anything for the SoundBlaster.

If you have the SoundBlaster properly installed, you need to disable the Integrated Audio in the BIOS. Having both enabled can cause conflicts and other problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/223858-creative-fatal1ty-mic-problem-different-other-problems-i-think.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello!
My problem is that my mic on these headphones will not pick up any of the things i'd like to say anymore.
I've had these Fatal1ty Creative Headphones for a year now, and I haven't had any problems in the past.
If someone could explain how i could fix this issue, that'd be great.!

Oh, and also to note:
In Control Panel> Hardware & Sound> Manage audio devices> Recording, I do not get any green bars when i try to speak into my mic, and messing with all the properties settings does NOTHING.

Any help with GREATLY be appreciated!
I want to skype call a friend, but he cannot hear me at all because of this problem

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello everyone! I recently got a new "Creative Fatal1ty" Headset and it doesn't seem to be detected at all! I have 2 cables to plug in to the laptop, 1 for audio and 1 for microphone, but on my HP laptop there is only one hole for a cable! I plugged in both cables at different times but neither of them seem to be detected at all. I tried on my family's public pc, which is a dell, and it works perfectly fine. What is the problem here? I payed some money for this headset and laptop and this is quite annoying. Please solve this. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/New-Creative-Fatal1ty-Headset-Not-Being-Detected/td-p/5723077
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys, basically I ordered one of these a couple days ago and it just won't work for me I don't hear any sound nor am I able to speak to people. However the red light does appear, meaning it does have power. A CD does come with it yet everytime I 'install' the driver nothing actually happens and I am prompted to install it even though I've tried a dozen times. I'm using Windows Vista, 32bit at the moment and I was hoping if you could help me out.

Anything you need to know, I'll be happy to answer.
Any help is appreciated, thanks

KiwiNZ

A:Creative Fatal1ty USB Gaming Headset

Any ideas, anyone?
This is really beginning to annoy me, the headset cost over $50 and hasn't been of ANY use to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-fatal1ty-usb-gaming-headset.891668/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey all,
I just bought the Creative HS Fatal1ty Gaming Headset and i cant seem to get the mic working. I think i know the problem but dont know how to solve it. Heres a picture of my sound>recording

The mic is plugged in right and is not muted. Please help
Thanks

A:Creative HS Fatal1ty Gaming Headset Mic

Had the same problem but although I thought that the mice was plugged in, it wasn't. I really had to push very hard to get contact. Hope that will solve it.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207583-creative-hs-fatal1ty-gaming-headset-mic.html
Relevancy 74.82%

this is basically a continuation of another threat from about 2-3 years ago.
that thread is http://forums.techguy.org/games/989760-broken-gaming-headset.html (look at very bottom)
all im asking is what screw driver size would i need for those screws in the phone housing.

thanks for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-fatal1ty-headset-dismantling.1105429/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys thanks in advanced Umm my problem is i keep deleting/uninstalling my Soundcard and its programs but when i reinstall i seem to be having this same problem saying The audio device is not supported by this application will now exit
Sound card - Creative SB-XFI Titanium Champion series

A:Creative SB-XFI Titanium - problem

Are you installing the latest from Creative or something like this,

SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 2.0 (05/15/2009) - Creative Labs

or are you installing what came on the disk with the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/23629-creative-sb-xfi-titanium-problem.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Howdy!
I have Creative X-FI Titanium with the latest driver.

My left and right speakers play both L and R channels simultaneously. Like they are playing one channel together.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-x-fi-titanium-thx-and-l-r-speaker-help.954051/
Relevancy 73.96%

i have an x-fi titanium card but i must not be doing things right. i have sound and all but i thing its all windows doing. in device manager it doesn't say anything about creative. theres no creative tools, and when i try and install the latest drivers the installer says theres newer drivers installed and stops. what am i doing wrong? can i not have all the creative bells and whistles on windows 7 64 like i had in xp?

A:can i not use creative drivers for my x-fi titanium?

Hello and Welcome !

Check this thread Creative Sound Cards. and download the Drivers.

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/120664-can-i-not-use-creative-drivers-my-x-fi-titanium.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I just installed Windows and I'm loving it so far However I am having a slight issue with my Creative X-Fi Titanium Newegg com - Creative SB Channels -bit KHz PCI Express x Interface PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Issue Titanium Creative X-Fi Titanium - Sound Cards My Headset Newegg com - Creative FATAL TY mm gold-plated Circumaural Gaming Headset My Problem First my Line-in connection doesn't seem to work When I open up the 'Recording Devices' tab under the Sound dialog and breath into my mic or make Creative X-Fi Titanium Issue noise none of the volume bars go up I've already checked and my headset is in fact plugged into the correct port Playback is working fine The current drivers installed via a Windows Update Creative X-Fi Titanium Issue are ' ' published on ' ' Under the 'FlexiJack' option under my Audio Control Panel from Creative I've been able to select the 'Microphone' Radio Button and get my mic to work Unfortunately doing this seems to get rid of the 'What U Hear' feature Even though I can get my mic to work I'd like to find a way to keep the 'What U Hear' feature Are my drivers the problem Could my headset be damaged The latter seems unlikely since I can get my mic working through the 'Audio Control Panel' from Creative Thanks

A:Creative X-Fi Titanium Issue

See if there are driver updates for your card, I had to do the same thing for my X-fi card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34928-creative-x-fi-titanium-issue.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Alright, so I got the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset for Christmas, and because I have rather crappy luck, of course something had to go wrong. This time, it was the mic. It simply doesn't register-or at least, I don't think it does.

Stats (if they will help):
Windows 64-bit, Dell custom laptop

So...is it a problem with the mic, something I did wrong? Any help will be appreciated.

A:Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset Mic not working

To me; it appears that the mic looks like its working as there are no x's or exclamation points or anything else through it to tell that there is a problem. However; have you tried to update drivers for your audio card if there applicable? If not i would give that a shot and see if there are any updated drivers for the device(if any drivers are required of course).

EDIT: have you tried speaking into the mic to see if windows detects the noise levels? If not try it out and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316296-creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Just got the Creative Fatal1ty headset, and when i tried to talk to friends on skype they couldn't hear me. I tried disabling the internal mic and changing around in the skype settings, but nothing has worked. I have checked the mute on the mic and its off. I just don't know what to do. :C The mic is enabled in the sound menu, and it's set as standard unit for communication.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Thanks

A:Fatal1ty Creative headset mic not picking up sound

Go to the Sound Panel, Recording section. RIGHT click on the microphone icon and then LEFT click Properties. One of the tabs should allow you to set the microphone level.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/290920-fatal1ty-creative-headset-mic-not-picking-up-sound.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help.

I recently installed Windows 7 (build 7100), and now am unable to get the mic to work on my headset (Creative Fatal1ty).

I've changed it to the default, but it's just not picking up any sound. Tried it with skype, ventrilo and the speech recognition software and nothing. I've also checked everything is connected correctly and have pretty much run out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Creative Fatal1ty Headset Issues with Windows 7.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elivercury

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help.

I recently installed Windows 7 (build 7100), and now am unable to get the mic to work on my headset (Creative Fatal1ty).

I've changed it to the default, but it's just not picking up any sound. Tried it with skype, ventrilo and the speech recognition software and nothing. I've also checked everything is connected correctly and have pretty much run out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You go to creative to get the driver for it?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/18271-creative-fatal1ty-headset-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,

I just purchased a Fatal1ty Gaming Headset (jacks, not USB) from newegg.com and for some reason i cant get the mic to work. I've browsed these forums for a few hours now looking for an answer but I cant seem to find anything that works for me. I've feel like I've tried everything. The computer only recognizes the mic build into my computer, which is just picking up white noise from my fan (hence the mic)

My computer is a Macbook Pro 17" (Bootcamped Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit)

Attached is an image of the recording devices pane.

A:Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset - Mic Issues

The Stereo Mix should be set as the default recording device (then whatever is plugged in you should hear). When you plug in the headset, does it show the microphone as connected? (or whatever yours states for an active device).

You can click on a device and get another panel which has a volume control for the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/242534-creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset-mic-issues.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Today I got my new headset delivered after my old cheap one decided Fatal1ty recognized. Solved: Headset Creative not being to lose all sound in the right hand ear-piece thing I unpackaged it noticed there wasn t a CD and thought quot Great time to gamble quot Funnily enough it didn t work I tried restarting my computer using the front analogue jacks nothing There s no support on the creative website either so I don t know what to do anymore I Solved: Creative Fatal1ty Headset not being recognized. looked in Device Manager found quot PCI Modem quot with a yellow quot quot next to it and I don t quite know what it is I think it might be my sound card but I checked on the VIA website and they didn t seem to have the correct drivers for my card When I plug in my speakers they work perfectly fine which makes me really wonder whether or not it Solved: Creative Fatal1ty Headset not being recognized. is my Solved: Creative Fatal1ty Headset not being recognized. sound card that has the issue I already have Everest but I am willing to download any diagnostic tools if it will help you help me Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Creative Fatal1ty Headset not being recognized.

Did I post this in the wrong place?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creative-fatal1ty-headset-not-being-recognized.839355/
Relevancy 73.53%

Is there a way i can plug a pci-e based sound card into my spare x16 slot?

Relevancy 73.1%

I came across an oem version on amazon uk
OEM Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Here it is on the creative site uk
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | Maximum performance ... maximum immersion!=

Ther reason I ask is creative tried to sell a few cards claiming they where x-fi when they where software based emulating the x-fi chip. I take it this card is an Xram free X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty right?......

A:OEM Creative X-Fi Titanium does this have the real x-fi chip?

Yes it is a real X-Fi. The only one's that aren't are the Xtreme Audio line (and not counting any of the external solutions, most of which (if not all) are the same as the Xtreme Audio), all the other X-Fi's have the EMU20K1/2 chip on them. Whether it has the X-Ram on it or not doesn't matter.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/215711-oem-creative-x-fi-titanium-does-have-real-x-fi-chip.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys need a bit of help on my creative x-fi titanium I with my problem Creative X-Fi Very Titanium weird ve been using my creative soundcard and I ve come to realized that there is a repetitive problem that I don t really know how to solve My setup is as follows I ve connected my headset and microphone directly to the port of the card while my speakers are connected Very weird problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium to the front headphones port of the computer Sometimes my headset is able to register or rather when I test with my creative console for left and right it s rather distinct However after playing for awhile it just becomes mono sound That means that when I do the test when it tests for quot left quot I hear it in my right too I have no idea Very weird problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium why it s not working as follows Using my headset with my external USB soundcard my headset can register left and right distinctly Please help shed some light for Very weird problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium me on this issue My setup Windows -Bit Pro Creative X-Fi Titanium D CMSS off Crystillzer off EAX off EQ off Core i Processor ASUS HD GFX GB RAM Thanks very much for any input nbsp

A:Very weird problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium

Sorry but I can't seem to find an edit button. Anyway I've a correction to make, my front I/O port for the speakers is actually my onboard ASUS P7P55D-E mobo soundcard. So the headphones are the only ones going into the X-Fi soundcard. I've always switched between headphones and speakers by changing the default device on my windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-weird-problem-with-my-creative-x-fi-titanium.180530/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all,

I have decided up grade certain parts of my pc. I know some people may argue that I don't really need to but I do enjoy the buzz of researching the different components and the ease of mind knowing I have a decent setup!

Anyway, at the moment I am looking at soundcards:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express

I have been hearing/reading great things about the Xonar so I am leaning that way. However, some have said they aren't as good for gaming because they lack the EAX feature?

My current spec is in my sig.

Thanks in advance for any advice/experience you may have!

A:Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 or Creative X-Fi Titanium

what speakers do you have ? both are quite advanced but you need the speakers to support the advance features

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-xonar-d2x-7-1-or-creative-x-fi-titanium.816277/
Relevancy 73.1%

Just installed a Creative X-FI titanium and worked perfectly in Vista 64 bit. I had to use the PCIE x4 slot as the X1 slot would not fit on the motherboard due to the heat sinks. It really did make a huge difference in the sound quality from the on board sound.

A:Creative Titanium sound card

Originally Posted by Techymike

Just installed a Creative X-FI titanium and worked perfectly in Vista 64 bit. I had to use the PCIE x4 slot as the X1 slot would not fit on the motherboard due to the heat sinks. It really did make a huge difference in the sound quality from the on board sound.

Let me know in a couple of days how you are liking it! I need to get a new sound card, and I was looking at that one. What onboard sound did you have tho?? I have the realtek HD audio with builtin fiber for sound!

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/244742-creative-titanium-sound-card.html
Relevancy 73.1%

First of all, sorry for my english (I am danish).
I'm trying to help my son, as he has troubles with his new headset.

The headset works fine, he can hear everything perfectly, but the microfone doesn't work. I can see, that he is not the first, who has this problem, but now I have read most of the questions/answers and I still haven't found out, what to do to solve it.

The computer is running on a Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Hope to hear from someone who can help.

Kind regards
A frustrated mother

A:Creative Fatal1ty Headset (Jacks, not USB) Microphone not working

Hello FruLind,
Take a look at this thread, it is the same problem as you are having and we were able to fix it.

Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset - Microphone Problem Reply to this Post Post Reply

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/268943-creative-fatal1ty-headset-jacks-not-usb-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Alright, so i just bought this headset a couple days ago, and the headset works fine i can hear everything perfectly, but the mic doesn't work. I phoned the creative tech support but they know as much as i do. They just told me to return the product or contact my computers manufacturer . I read the post on this forum with someone having the similar problem but i was unable to follow the instructions to fix the issue he was having haha . So if anyone can help me that would be great

A:Creative Fatal1ty Headset (Jacks, not USB) Microphone not working

Hi JBrito and welcome to Vista Forums

Check that you are plugging the mic into the correct socket - it should be coloured pink - and that it isn't set to mute or that the levels are too low. You might also need to enable mic boost. Also check the headset - is there a mute switch (or similar) on there to disable the mic?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/200625-creative-fatal1ty-headset-jacks-not-usb-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

Does this sound card take normal 2.1 speakers and not hi fi speakers etc

Many Thanks

A:Creative sound blaster X-fi FATAL1TY Platinum question

Yes, you can use standard 2.1 Computer Speakers. You need powered speakers (ones that have their own built in power amplifier). Standard Hi Fi or Stereo Speakers do not have built in amplifiers and will not work (or if they do it will be very low volume).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/243770-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-fatal1ty-platinum-question.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hey all, yesterday I have bought myself a new headset which is well known for its fairly low price combined with a good quality device. I'm talking about the Creative Fatal1ty headset.

The reason I bought this headset was because my laptop's built-in mic is from a very crappy quality (the quality of the recorded audio is very poor). So now I have this headset there is one big problem, whenever I record sound or speak through Skype with my family/friends the headset is plugged in (and yes, I have plugged it in the correct headphone jack and microphone jack) into my laptop. But the sound that is being recorded is still being recorded by the built-in microphone and not by the microphone that is attached to my headset. How do I disable the built-in mic?

This is really annoying me...

kindly regards

A:Creative Fatal1ty headset + built-in laptop microphone problem

Should be in the Skype settings,

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/254499-creative-fatal1ty-headset-built-laptop-microphone-problem.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I need a sound card, but I can't make up my mind.
I've seen alot of threads about The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium vs the Asus Xonar DX. I want one of these two soundcards, but every Thread is about 50/50, one forum is a big fan of the Xonar and the other a big fan of the X-fi. So I still have no clue what soundcard I should take. I need a soundcard that is good for gaming. So which one should I take or is there a better one in that price range?
I would be very thankful if you can help me out.

Best regards,

A:The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium or the Asus Xonar DX?

I'd get the Xonar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-or-the-asus-xonar-dx.175233/
Relevancy 71.81%

Quote Release date Jul File Name XFTI PCDRV LB exe This download is a driver providing Microsoft Windows Windows Vista and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium series of audio devices For more details read the rest of this web release note This download supports the following audio devices Titanium X-Fi 2.17.0007 Creative Sound Driver Blaster only Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Series Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Professional Series Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio Sound Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Driver 2.17.0007 Blaster X-Fi Titanium Added Features or Enhancements Adds Silencer a noise-cancelling technology for use with Creative Fatal ty Professional Series Gaming Headset MK II Adds VoiceFX a voice-morphing feature Implements new workaround to improve Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Driver 2.17.0007 compatibility issues with NVIDIA graphics cards running in SLI configuration on NVIDIA-based motherboards Fixes Resolves the following issues Changing effects in Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Driver 2.17.0007 Audio Creation Mode results in the system taking a long time to shut down When system enters hibernation while DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live is enabled sound does not output to the external decoder after system wakes up source

A:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Driver 2.17.0007

Is creative playing dumb or something.

These have been beta for quite some time. They where on Creative forums.

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Beta Driver 2.17.0007
Release date: 30 Apr 09
File Name : XFTI_W7DRVBETA_US_2_17_0007.exe (driver) (feedback thread)

I personally think the previouse beta was better. More stable and les static noise.
Also a bit disapointed that in 3 months they haven't improved anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/19143-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-driver-2-17-0007-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I just bought a new set of Creative Fatal1ty HS-1000 USB Gaming Headset .
For some reason it is giving me major trouble in Vista with very poor quality *pretty much like major lag* and a lot of clicking sounds.
I know its not the headset because I checked them out on a xp laptop and they worked amazingly.
Any help would be awesome, I downloaded the latest drivers for them... Still have the same problem.
Speakers work fine, so its not the computers hardware.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/259350-creative-fatal1ty-hs-1000-usb-gaming-headset-sound-quality-problems.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have just installed the new 52.16 forceware drivers in an effort to improve performance in MS Flight Simulator 2004. Im kinda disappointed as the performance seems to have fallen. Is there a tweaking tool available that will work for this driver set & card? Or am i better off rolling back to a previous Detonator driver?

Bob

A:Creative Titanium 4600 Geforce 4 drivers/Tweaking tool?

hey

i have a ti4600, and you are much better rolling back to your other drivers. the forceware drivers are slower i have found, and really arent worth the bother. as ive said elsewhere, i obtained better 3dmark results with the older detonator drivers than the forceware drivers.

hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-titanium-4600-geforce-4-drivers-tweaking-tool.8865/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys...new to this windows 7 forum
When i play songs on my itunes using my Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality sound card...
i keep hearing Crackle/static/popping sounds whenever i run pgrms on my comp

basically what i faced is almost somewhat similar to this member's problem
Realtek, Windows 7 64RTM Crackle/static/popping

i seriously need help here cause i heard windows 7 is good and upgraded
windows xp never gave me this problem just the front control panel issue
now that the front control panel issue is solved...this problem crops up and its kinda driving me crazy.

anyone out there to help or guide me along? cause i only have basic knowledge about computers and stuffs

THANKS !

A:Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Championship Series Crackle/static/pop

Welcome to Seven Forums.
If we could get you to please fill-in all your system specs here

If you need help finding them you can use ine if theseprograms to help

Speccy |MG| Speccy 1.08.218 Download

HWiNFO32 3.67v |MG| HWiNFO32 3.67 Download

Once we have all this information we'll know more about your system and possible suggestions to try. I will however tell you that your not the only one having trouble with the XFI Fata1ty cards.

You can also scroll down on any page you post a problem on and see other simular problems and suggestions.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/143953-creative-x-fi-titanium-fatality-championship-series-crackle-static-pop.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone so I just purchased the Creative Sound Problem(Win7) Sound X-Fi Blaster Champion Creative Seri Audio Titanium Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Series Sound Card I'm having issues with audio even before I bought the card and I'm not sure how to fix them Audio Problem(Win7) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Seri I'll describe the main issues Sound Issues -Odd popping noise at the beginning and end of audio usually not noticeable except when in Ventrilo Audio Problem(Win7) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Seri because no other audio is playing -Static buzz sound usually unnoticeable but more amplified in certain applications like the menu of Starcraft -Tons of feedback through my mic clicks from my mouse my own voice is amplified through my headset I bought a Sound Card so I could hopefully fix some of the problems odd popping noise and just make audio better in general but I must be doing something wrong because it's just gotten worse I'm using the Sennheiser PC headset and an Antec case I used another headset before I bought the sound card and it did not fix the audio popping issue but have not tried using it after I got the new sound card One thing I noticed is if I unplug the mic the annoying buzzing seems to go away And the mic feedback of course I don't know if this is a common issue that might be related to my case or if there is a way I can fix this through Windows settings or the Creative software I've tried messing around with the settings but nothing seems to work If anyone thinks they can help me out that would be awesome These are my system specs also located in my profile --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Manufacturer Model Number N A OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Motherboard GIGABYTE GA- XTA-UD Memory G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Graphics Card s ASUS Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion SerieMonitor s Displays Acer P Hbmid Black quot ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor Screen Resolution x Hard Drives SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA Gb s quot PSU Antec TruePower New TP- Blue W Case Antec Nine Hundred Two Cooling case fans Keyboard Razer Arctosa Mouse Razer Imperator Internet Speed Cable Gbs Other Info N A --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:Audio Problem(Win7) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Seri

Connecting to the card or using the front panel jacks?

Also you don't say which setting you messed around with, but in the Windows playback settings (Speakers-Properties-Levels tab) mute any and all input options. That should get rid of the mouse clicks and feedback; also you should only hear your own voice if you have it set to What U hear instead of microphone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/103100-audio-problem-win7-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-champion-seri.html
Relevancy 62.78%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I've posted elsewhere here about my Win upgrade I run a Dell XPS Upgraded to Win Titanium Win7 SB not will work under x Ultimate no regrets overall - love it But my SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Audio would no longer SB Titanium will not work under Win7 record quot What U Hear quot Creative admitted that X-Fi Audio cards will not record What U Hear under Win They suggested I get a Titanium which I did Just installed it I used the newest drivers and software from the Creative site They tell you to first run the Product ID tool to ensure the PC will recognize the SB card No go The PID utility gives an error -- tells me I'm not running Win My Win is legal tender It won't take the new Win drivers either It makes like they installed just fine and tells me to reboot but checking Device Driver there's no SB Doing Run msinfo shows NO SoundBlaster as well I'm really fed up with Creative Has anyone solved this Anyone running a SB Titanium I have the vanilla unit not Fatality - model SB under Win x successfully If yes how did you install it Hardware first then software or vice versa or what Thanks for ANY insight advice

A:SB Titanium will not work under Win7

Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadhunter

They tell you to first run the Product ID tool to ensure the PC will recognize the SB card.

What Product ID tool? Can you post an image?

I'm running the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional without issue under W7 x64.

Try this - Install everything from the CD first, then use the Creative Auto Update panel to update all the software you chose to install.

I had "weird" issues installing the software myself untill I installed from the CD first.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/75246-sb-titanium-will-not-work-under-win7.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey there i to - Creative Gaming Headset Reply Post Reply Fatal1ty this Problem Microphone Post am having a problem with my Creative Fatal ty Gaming Headset - the microphone doesn't want to work oddly I have tried the sound setting but it doesn't seem to work I started of by going to Sound gt Recording gt then it says three thing Microphone with a tick beside it working Microphone FP Not Plugged in When it clearly is Headset comes with detachable Mic Digital In working Also when i try fiddle with the setting to enable the microphone Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset - Microphone Problem Reply to this Post Post Reply it does not let me quot configure quot it and when i try set up the microphone it doesn't want to start up unless i disable the microphone it would say quot Wizard could not start quot My Microphone is not on mute and the the jacks are correctly colour coded in place My sound Cards is Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Headset Creative Fatal ty Gaming Headset - Noise Cancellation Microphone with Gold Plated mm Jack It the one with the detachable microphone - http www ebuyer com product The microphone is defiantly working when i configure the speakers so that i can speak through the microphone and hear out the speakers but i can't record Thank You look forward in reading your replies

A:Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset - Microphone Problem Reply to this Post Post Reply

i have the same headset and i havent had any problems, i dont think the issue is with the headset itself but rather it being with the soundblaster, any chance you could take a snip of the sound inputs for me to try and establish a bit more information?
(select snipping tool and window snip, highlight the input window and left click)
example below.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/199900-creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset-microphone-problem-reply-post-post-reply.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I needed to reinstall my OS due to creative unrelated issues Once I had done this my 'X-Fi Fatal ty Soundblaster' refused to install and instead I kept getting the message 'Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system please ensure that your product is properly installed before running Format After Work Fatal1ty Clean Install... Soundblaster & OS Won't X-fi this setup program' The card has been working for at least the past months without any problems after a new driver update If I put the card in the bottom slot have to due to adding another VGA soon it is just displayed as 'PCI-Device' in the device manager if I try to install using any software I X-fi Fatal1ty Soundblaster Won't Work After Format & Clean OS Install... get the above message If I put it into the other PCI slot it is recognised as a 'Multimedia Audio Controller' and when I try to install I still get the same message as stated above I have rebooted the computer about times trying all sorts everytime in the bottom PCI slot it is 'PCI-Device' and everytime in the top slot it is 'Multimedia Audio Controller' Once out of all these times in the top slot my computer recognised it and automatically installed the software without me doing anything top slot however as soon as it rebooted it was back to 'Multimedia Audio Controller' and the drivers were still installed in add remove programs In the past I have had issues with on the occasional boot it did not think the card was there but after antoher boot it would remember again however that stopped a few months ago since then the only problems I have had was that whenever I restarted my computer it would forget all the setting I had put in e g speaker amount bass redirection etc Additional Information Sound Card X-fi Fatal ty Soundblaster Motherboard P N -SLI SE DELUXE Bios Chipset nForce SLI X Intel v OS Vista -bit

A:X-fi Fatal1ty Soundblaster Won't Work After Format & Clean OS Install...

Hi,
Are you sure you're using the right drivers? I'm using an X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro without any problems so far.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/189840-x-fi-fatal1ty-soundblaster-wont-work-after-format-clean-os-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Basically need a cheap gpu with tv-out for movie playback,

Ive read that the 'ATI Radeon' cards have better tv-out than the equivallent 'Nvidia's so Ive decided to go with them

The card has to work in a PCI slot as the mobo has no agp.

I found a 'sapphire radeon 7000 64mb ddr PCI tv-out' ,
will this fit my needs? If not what will?

Thx.

A:will this gpu work in a PCI slot

yes
check out the sponsors sites for pci video cards on the right side of your screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-gpu-work-in-a-pci-slot.188298/
Relevancy 52.46%

My sister gave me her webcam today she didn t have the software disc anymore though and I can t seem to get it to work I m running XP x SP which I m assuming is the key factor in this as I ve had software Webcam can't my work get seem to I to Creative issues before with programs Luckily though I ve had luck finding x alternatives for those other programs This one not so much obviously This is the quot Creative WebCam Notebook quot Here I ve tried installing that software which is old to I can't seem to get my Creative Webcam to work begin with and it doesn t recognize the camera as being supported I found an x compatible download at this site but it still doesn t recognize the webcam This driver too I m hoping someone else s searching skills can get me out of this jam because I m not having the best of luck Also the webcam does pop up in the Found New Hardware screen when Windows starts so i know that it is being read I ve also tried different USB ports as well as uninstalling the Creative software and reinstalling it nbsp

A:I can't seem to get my Creative Webcam to work

hi did you note the automatic software update on the site in link 1
also this is the troubleshooting page http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=26317
you may also be able to look in device manager and find your camera and update the driver from their although this is just a thought

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-seem-to-get-my-creative-webcam-to-work.844957/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

Specs in the sig.

Now, i recently bought a Creative T7700 7.1 Speaker System, only rpoblem is, it wont work. Its all plugged in, but no sound comes out. When it try to play music through WMP or whatever, a little notices pops up saying:

'Wondowns Media Player could not play the device because there are no speakers attached. They may not be installed or working properly."

I know theyre working ok, they work fine if i hook them up too my Discman.
They mustnt be installed. No disk came with the package, and i cant find any drivers on Creatives Website.

Does anyone know what may be wrong - or if i need some drivers from somewhere else? Many thanks,
Blitzkrieg.

Relevancy 52.03%

Will an 8x video card work in a 2x agp slot? I currently have a Nvidia GeForce 256 32mb 4x card and want to upgrade to a GeForce 5200fx 128mb 8x. I have a 2x agp slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8x-card-in-2x-slot-will-it-work.87056/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey out there, before I go out and buy a new motherboard(AGAIN) will my e-geforce 7300gt pci-e card work in my AGP 8xslot, if so is it worth doing or should I go out and get a PCI-e ready motherboard?

I'm new ish to tech talk about comps, i just build them with help from my professional buddies, so bare with me!!

A:My PCI-e card, will it work in an AGP 8x slot?

Nope, completely different and incompatible slots. Can you exchange your vid card for an agp version? If not, then you will need a new mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pci-e-card-will-it-work-in-an-agp-8x-slot.64472/
Relevancy 52.03%

Here s the deal I built myself a new computer I was having problems with the video i e the PC would turn on but the monitor would not quot display driver has stopped responding but has recovered quot About 460 work the GTX in doesn't x16 slot? half of the time when my card is plugged into my PCI-E GTX 460 doesn't work in the x16 slot? x slot the PC will freeze while starting up or while just browsing in the BIOS menu The card works fine when I seat it in the PCI-E x slot Basically I m trying to figure out if I should RMA the motherboard or the graphics card I tried running Memtest I completed passes with no errors I do not have another PC that I can test the graphics card in nor do I have another graphics card that I can try to put in the x slot What do you guys think Is GTX 460 doesn't work in the x16 slot? it a faulty PCI slot on the motherboard or is the graphics card shot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gtx-460-doesnt-work-in-the-x16-slot.1016092/
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve got wont DVI on PC slot work. monitors One HP Pavilion F One Dell not sure of the model number at the moment Both monitors work perfectly by themselves in the VGA slot I bought a converter from the DVI-D to VGA So that I can connect the other monitor Its the correct adapter and it fits http www techlocation com files HP-Pavilion-p - - jpg Pic of the DVI-D slot http www ebay com itm ssPageName STRK DVI slot on PC wont work. MEWNX IT amp trksid p m l Pic of the converter The monitor in the VGA slot works fine The other is stuck on quot Self test feature quot I ve tried swapping monitors in the DVI slot and both have the same results I know there s -some- sort of connection going through because when I hit quot Detect monitors quot on the AMD Control Center it almost quot Refreshes quot the Self Test feature screen but it wont detect it I ve tried installing both drivers for both monitors as well I Talked to HP support for over an hour and all they said to me was quot UR COMPY DUN SUPPORT IT LOLOLOLOL quot Yet look http www amazon com HP-Pavilion-p - -Desktop-Black dp B OM NA - Supports multiple monitors for more workspace and easy multitasking http h www hp com ctg Manual c pdf A poster that came with my computer http g-ecx images-amazon com images G electronics detail-page hp p - r kh - - pdf The computers fact sheet Does that not scream quot WE SUPPORT MULTIPLE MONITORS quot I think yes The tech - http ompldr org vYTBrZw anyway afterwards i tried more thing The DVI by itself Didnt work He s such a liar I hate HP s support UGH So do you think maybe the adapter is bad Or what and is there any phone for HP s supervisors or something in which I can complain of blatent lies from the support Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-slot-on-pc-wont-work.1013917/
Relevancy 51.6%

Before i buy this i need to kno if this would give me a problem on win7 32 bit

Help Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A:Does the Creative lab Xmod work on win7 32 bit

I don't see why it wouldn't. Start from the product page (the bold bit is mine),

Quote:
Works with PC, Mac and notebooks
Since the Xmod is truly plug and play, it just plugs in a works with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X systems. If you don't want to use it with your PC, it even works standalone with an optional USB power adapter so you can get great Xtreme Fidelity sound from your MP3 player, TV or even your home theater.

Seeing as it is supposed to work even when not connected to a computer I don't see why it wouldn't work with Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/78731-does-creative-lab-xmod-work-win7-32-bit.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've gone to their website and I still have the original installation cd. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and all I get are some really weird sounds every now and then and I have no idea what causes that. Can anyone give me some direction here?

It's the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 5.1.

Thanks!

A:Can't get creative sound card to work

Weird sounds when?
Interference?
Malware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-creative-sound-card-to-work.422068/
Relevancy 51.17%

hey,
got a while ago this mb and cpu.
runs all fine now.
but i got a 128 MB vid card.
Ati Radion 9200 or something similar.
how ever i got
K8NGM2-L (GeForce 6100 + nForce 410)
[Onboard 10/100 LAN]

is it that it has Nvidia chips on it. that is wont let me use my AGP ?
atleast there is some AGP slot.
and the card fits in.

also i checked Bios and did find something. that sounded like "Disable onBoard IF Video card is found."

or must i really drop one of those pci express vid cards in it to make it work ?

Relevancy 51.17%

I just upgraded the video card in another computer with a new 8x 256 MB, the one I took out is an ATI Radeon 9800 pro 8x, Can I put this into my Dell Dimension that currently has a 64MB 4x i it right now. On the dell I am running one AGP 4x 64MB and one pci card 64MB. Will I see an improvement if the new card is compatible with my dual setup?

Relevancy 51.17%

I posted this once before but didn't get it solved, so I figured I'd post it again:

I have a HP Pavilion ze4365us computer. I recently wiped the hard drive clean, and installed XP Pro (it came with XP Home). I got all new drivers from HP for everything. But the PCMCIA slot still won't work. When I plug my external wireless card into it, the card lights up, so I don't think it's the card, but the computer won't recognize the connection. Not sure what to do about the issue. It's kind of annoying, considering my internal card is busted also.

If you don't know how to solve this problem, then maybe you can recommend an alternate way of connecting wirelessly to the net. I have two USB 1.1 ports, and a firewire port.

Thanks anyway,
Danny

Relevancy 51.17%

The SD card reader slot on my Gateway laptop doesnt read my sd cards upon insertion. It is not the card, because I have tried multiple SD cards and they all do not work. There is no error message or anything, the drive just does not appear in my computer like it used to so that I can view the files on the card. I have had this problem previously, and it was fixed by repairing my texas instruments controller thing in device manager, but it is working ok when i look at it in device manager now without the slot working. Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I use my keyboard in a USB slot, and my mouse in the basic PS2 slot.

Now I was just checking something on my GFX card at the back so I had to unplug everything from the PC. After I was done I plugged it all back in but for some reason my mouse wont work now. I tryed taking the PS2 connector off and using it in a USB (which I have none left so I cant do permanently) and it works fine.

I checked the mouse ps2 connector bit and it seems all the pins are fine in it.

Also when I plug it in, I hear the beep noise (the one you hear even without the speakers attached) so something must be happening.

But still no luck on the mouse working.

Can someone please help me.

Cheers,

Rowan

A:Mouse Wont Work In PS2 Slot

Its ok I managed to get it fixed... somehow..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-wont-work-in-ps2-slot.551619/
Relevancy 51.17%

i was looking at best buy's memory center thing online. So I choose my PC manufacture and model then under the specs it says:

bus architecture- PCI/AGP

Someone please tell me that means AGP cards will work on my system.

A:Will AGP video cards work in my PCI slot?

First of all, I want to say that you can never put a card into another designated slot. Do you know what motherboard model you have? You can find out by downloading this and opening the cpuz.exe file and then going to the mainboard tab. Mainboard = Another name for motherboard .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-agp-video-cards-work-in-my-pci-slot.78074/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone .I have been for a year a connecting problem with my Creative T30 speakers.

The speakers will be found but can not make the connection.

The speakers work fine with the bluetooth from mij old Dell inspiron 6400 computer.  Also with my Smartphone en tablets.

strange enoug i get it not working on my Lenovo Ideapad Z710.  I have removed al the bluetooth programs and drivers.  and install it on new.  This is pitty enoug not the solution. 

How can slove this problem.??

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Z710 - Creative T30 speakers will no longer work.

Hmm I expected more from my problem call

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z710-Creative-T30-speakers-will-no-longer-work/td-p/3292299
Relevancy 51.17%

i have a creative labs cd-rw 4224 that all of a sudden just stopped working. i havent changed any of the hardware or software settings. it worked fine for a little over a year but now it goes right through the burn process but when i try to play the new cd it doesnt work at all.

any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

A:creative labs cd-rw 4224 wont work

bmx26red
Welcome to TSG!
First I would try cleaning the read/write heads sometimes they will accumulate dust and dirt and not record properly.
Second if cleaning did not solve your problem then one of your drivers may be corrupt. Try downloading and reinstalling the drivers after you remove the drivers through the device manager. If all the above fails then your unit may of failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-labs-cd-rw-4224-wont-work.45591/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have always been a fond user of multimedia keyboard mouse controls particularly volume control Unfortunately ever since I got a new audio card Creative SB X-Fi in order to use digital surround sound SPDIF DTS encoding gt gt gt amplifier muting control. this I X-Fi digital volume KNOW work!!! Creative can Help, still works however volume control doesn't change anything Now I am aware of all the arguments that you can't change digital output volume however i know this CAN be done I have done this myself in two ways firstly by changing the EQ level in the Creative volume mixer and more intruigingly by changing Creative's quot What U Hear quot level in the recording tab of the control panel sound Creative X-Fi digital volume control. Help, I KNOW this can work!!! controls pane Ideally I Creative X-Fi digital volume control. Help, I KNOW this can work!!! would like keyboard volume Creative X-Fi digital volume control. Help, I KNOW this can work!!! controls to adjust the quot What U Hear quot level however volume control only changes the default PLAYBACK device and quot What U Hear quot is a RECORDING device So here is my Question How do you configure volume controls to adjust the quot What U Hear quot level Alternatively can digital volume control be achieved in another way I'm sure this can be done by changing a registry key associating volume - and default device but no luck so far If anyone can help or has another method for control digital volume I would be much appreciated PS I am not interested in using my amp's remote for volume so please don't suggest that

A:Creative X-Fi digital volume control. Help, I KNOW this can work!!!

Unless you are a programmer and can create a program to do this specific task, I don't see a way around it. The S/PDIF doesn't use the sound card or at least the parts of it that can be controlled by the usual methods.

What you are hearing in the PC speakers is being generated by the PC's sound card, after the digital section so that is two different functions.

It looks like, to me, that "you can't get there from here".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/185835-creative-x-fi-digital-volume-control-help-i-know-can-work.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, ive had a creative headset now for a abit of a time but now wanted to use it, my brother uses it on his XP PC and it works fine,but when i try to use it on Vista it doesnt work...

I went into Control panel ---> hardware Sound ---> Manage audio devices ---> Recording
and my mic is ticked and says SB Audigy is working, but it isnt..

I tryed to setup the mic in windows but it doesnt pick up anything or on msn.
I have the lastest drivers it says. Any Help?

Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-headset-doesnt-work-on-vista.732592/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone, the pc of my girlfriend doesn't play sound, she changed the sound card from Realtek to Creative sb audigy se and everything seems okey, when you go to windows sound properties. on playback devices when you play something it shows those bars moving and on "teamviewer" pc sounds i can hear her pc, but unfortunately she doesnt hear sounds...and we simply...dont know what to do.
Her OS is Win7
I will add any useful and necessary info. just for now don't know what could help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-creative-sb-audigy-se.1115998/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi i have a problem i have a webcam creative livevista , they dont have drivers for win7
so i did everything in the compatibility mode in the 3 option nd the drivers were install but the only thing it the webcam dosent work
what can i do
the model vf0260

A:webcam creative livevista doesn't work

Welcome to the Seven Forum.

You don't specify the model number of the webcam but it could be a compatibility problem. See if your webcam is on this list from Windows 7 Compatibility Center. (Check both pages.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205545-webcam-creative-livevista-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

It is a Win 7 system. The Creative headphone/mic combo worked fine on Vista.

I plug ii into Win7, the headphones work fine. The Mic doesn't work for system speech recognition. Keeps saying it doesn't hear anything. Wierd thing is that SKYPE works fine on the exact setup with the headphone/mic!

The headphone and mic both show up in the Sound control panel and ARE selected.

What am I missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-usb-headphone-mic-does-work-for-speech-recognition.915820/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone, the pc of my girlfriend doesn't play sound, she changed the sound card from Realtek to Creative sb audigy se and everything seems okey, when you go to windows sound properties. on playback devices when you play something it shows those bars moving and on "teamviewer" pc sounds i can hear her pc, but unfortunately she doesnt hear sounds...and we simply...dont know what to do.
Her OS is Win7
I will add any useful and necessary info. just for now don't know what could help...

A:Sound doesnt work Creative SB Audigy SE

Speakers are connected correctly, and powered up, volume isn't muted. Go into the Control Panel > Sound, check the settings, and test the speakers from there.

Check in Device Manager under Sound, video, game controller, make sure there isn't a issue with the drivers. click on the Start Orb > in the Search box type devmgmt.msc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-creative-sb-audigy-se-770034.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello The sound card I am work. like Creative items SoundMax of None the MIXER IE: will using is a SupremeFX-X-Fi that came with the Asus MB I am running a Creative SoundMax IE: None of the items like MIXER will work. dual boot system with Xp Pro SP and Win As per Ulrich's on the Asus forum I d l'd the bit sound driver set Creative SoundMax IE: None of the items like MIXER will work. for the Rampage Extreme MB I unzipped them and used the quot AsusSetup quot icon to install After the installer ran it wanted a reboot so I did that Then I got another Creative SoundMax IE: None of the items like MIXER will work. message asking if I want to run x analog devices core smax pnp exe to which I agreed Nothing happened and there was no reboot required Then using the MB CD I installed all the Creative Stuff NOW I have the quot SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Volume Panel quot in my tooltray as I do in XP but it doesn't do anything When I choose MIXER I get quot No Supported audio device App will close quot When I choose Karaoke Player quot Audio device for this app not detected quot When I choose Console Launcher quot No supported audio device available close app quot When I choose Audio Console quot Device supported by this app not detected close app quot So in effect I am no further along than I was with the default Win driver settings I don't know why I had to register the SoundMax card or software if it won't function I even tried a re-install of the drivers themselves after I had all the Creative stuff installed and that did no good I am back to square one with it all lt sigh gt What to do now The SoundMax HD soundcard shows up in Device Manager so it clearly knows it's there and yes I have sound but only at the most basic level I need control of the bass and treble at the very least Is the fact that I am running a dual boot system with XP and Win the trouble The MIXER and all other controls work fine in XP fwiw Yes I did read the very topmost sticky post but am unsure if any of these options will help me get it working as needed Thanks to all J Tinsby

A:Creative SoundMax IE: None of the items like MIXER will work.

I just built a system using a Gigabyte motherboard (see the "My System Specs" for details). It has RealTek integrated audio on the motherboard. Gigabyte also supplied the Creative Soundblaster Xfi MB software enhancement to the RealTek. If I want to change anything such as EQ or speaker options I do it in the Soundblaster panel, not the RealTek panel.

Do you actually have a separate PCIe sound card or do you just have the on-board (on the motherboard) audio? which from your post is the Soundmax.

Please fill in the "My System Specs" as I, or someone else who tries to help you are just guessing without that info (most important is the motherboard as we can cross reference what is there from the motherobard vendor's site).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/257268-creative-soundmax-ie-none-items-like-mixer-will-work.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. My laptop has 2 USB slots, 1 working perfectly fine, but another one has a problem. When I plugged a USB mouse or keyboard, nothing on screen happen. For the mouse, it light up but the cursor can't move. For the key board it doesn't light up and nothing happen. I tired flash drive, nothing happen too. BUT when I plugged an external hard drive, it work perfectly fine.

This problem just happen today, before both USB slots are working just fine. So now I can't use both mouse and keyboard at the same time

I've tried restart my computer, uninstall and reinstall all USB list in USB Controllers in Device Manager, nothing work so far

Please help
Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385627-usb-mouse-keyboard-doesnt-work-only-1-slot.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I HAVE A FX 5500 AGP 8X,MY MOTHERBOARD HAS AN AGP 4X SLOT,MY PC DOES NOT START when i plug this card in, i have a 230 w power supply is this the problem?

A:AGP8X card will not work in AGP4X slot

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp8x-card-will-not-work-in-agp4x-slot.64470/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have tried everything i can think of, checked dells website installed the vista 64 drivers etc, no luck My card model number is SB0467, I cant even find my card listed on the creative webpage. I am thinking that maybe my card is just not supported I dont know, if i can fix this great been dealing with it for about 3 weeks now, Any tips to fix it would be great, having to use a head set atm all i got as of right now.

A:Creative sound card wont work since installing 7

This page claims to have suitable drivers, but you need to subscribe. (Free)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-sound-card-wont-work-since-installing-7.878561/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear All,

Need a quick suggestion before i seal the deal tomorrow.

I intend to buy the Radeon HD 5450. It has PCI-e 2.1 x16 bus interface.

My motherboard model is Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC. It has PCI-e 1 x16 graphics slot.

My query is- will the graphics card work with this motherboard or not?

Kindly respond fast plz..

Thanks in advance,
Troy.

A:Will Radeon HD 5450 work in PCI-e 1x16 graphics slot?

I'm using a 5850 in a pci-e 1 x16
I see no reason why it wouldn't, though foxconn is not nearly as high end a board as the one I have.

that is to say the interface is backwards compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/192863-will-radeon-hd-5450-work-pci-e-1x16-graphics-slot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so, I fried my motherboard a while back and am just now getting an Abit barebone kit with a brand new motherboard and was wondering whether my DDR RDIMM will work in the new DDR2 RIMM memory expansion slots?
Abit Barbone Kit tech Info:

Diablo Black and Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with 400 Watt Power Supply
Abit LG-95Z Intel Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard
Intel Celeron D 360 3.46GHz OEM Processor

Here is a link to the barebone kit at Tigerdirect.com:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3094330&CatId=1908

A:will DDR DRIMM work in DDR2 DIMM expansion slot?

No. You need ddr2 memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-ddr-drimm-work-in-ddr2-dimm-expansion-slot.583293/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys i have a problem I switched my Soundblaster X-FI Titanium from its PCI-E x slot to the last PCI-E Slot on my Motherboard which is a PCI-E Slot anymore after PCI-E switch work dont Soundblaster x which can according to literature operate in X or X Mode Slot on the ASUS Z Pro The Lowest Slot before it was in the nd from the bottom The reason I did that is because I want to add Soundblaster dont work anymore after switch PCI-E Slot another Soundcard which otherwise Soundblaster dont work anymore after switch PCI-E Slot would be too close to my GEFORCE GTX and would compromise the airflow So as I said I switched the Slots Now I have problem making it work Does it mean I have to reinstall the Creative Drivers again Because some of the Applications like the Konsole Starter and Creative Sound Panel etc wouldn't recognize the card at the new PCI-E slot anymore I could still listen to music when I choose the Soundcard in my Media Player now marked -Creative Soundblaster instead of formerly just Creative Soundblaster Is that a general problem that was to be expected or is something else going wrong here Any help is appreciated Thank you Wolfseye

A:Soundblaster dont work anymore after switch PCI-E Slot

UPDATE:

I reinstalled all Drivers etc from the Soundblaster Titanium. I can now choose the Card in Players such as Winamp or AIMP3 and enjoy the sound on my 5.1 Headphones. However, using it for any other Systemsound like the Browser with Youtube, i will only hear Bass Sounds in my Headphones. In settings from Creative, where I can choose the Bass Boost (Crossover Frequency), when having Systemsounds like in a Browser, when I have that activated (as I said) i only head Bass sounds. When I disable Bass boost (Crossover Frequency), i hear nothing. But when I click it again, for a millisecond I hear the normal sound again. But only for a millisecond.

Whats that issue ? Just because I switched the PCI-E slots for the card ? Really need help ! Thanks in advance.

Wolfseye

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/328669-soundblaster-dont-work-anymore-after-switch-pci-e-slot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I had installed windows xp professional as new and all the hp/compaq nc6000 drivers from the HP website. Everything works except the feature provided with the laptop the sd slot to copy data from doesn't. Before the new winxp installation, the laptop had winxp professional and by just inserting the SD chip the computer detected it. Then, it provided a letter for the drive to access files in the chip. Now, it does not see it at all. No indication of the chip when inserted in the computer. The chip is fine as I tested it with an external reader. There are no drivers if any listed that I could see on the HP support website for the SD chip. I have installed the usb, touch mouse/keyboard drivers. The SD slot does not read the SD chip. Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-nc6000-laptop-sd-slot-doesnt-work.428796/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I just got a Asus A8N-SLI mother board and a pny 7800gt video card. The card only works in the bottom pci express slot though, when i try to plug into the top the monitor light keeps blinking like nothings going through. Everything seems to work fine when in the bottom slot but i am worried about the heat. I have my sound card close to that so theres not much flow between like their would be in the top slot. (also the top slot is blue, bottom is black, if that makes a difference) I left the default set at single card mode on the motherboard. Also being in that slot is the card running at full capacity? 16x?
My other specs are:
1gb Corsair value select ram
Antec 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 PSU
AMD 64 3700

thanks

A:Video card wont work in top PCI Express slot on sli board

mmm... Check out the BIOS option for the SLI cause it could be that just one slot is enabled (the bottom on)...
about the heat issue... can you move the sound card to another slot?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-wont-work-in-top-pci-express-slot-on-sli-board.41179/
Relevancy 49.88%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have this odd problem in my Dell Latitude D core duo where one of work D520 memory slot Dell doesn't Latitude the memory slots isn t working anymore Just yesterday the Laptop would not startup but lights on the front panel came on Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work so I suspected a memory issue The D has a slot underneath the keyboard for memory as well as underneath the laptop When ever I put memory in the slot under the keyboard it won t startup I tried various memory known to work I even took the memory from underneath the laptop and placed it under the keyboard because it worked underneath But once I placed the memory in the slots under the keyboard it would not startup I would just get three green lights next to the power key Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work One stayed the other blinked they all eventually stopped entirely Once I removed the memory it would start up I Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work tried cleaning the memory slot with an air can I ve never encountered this before For now I just run with gig memory stick underneath the laptop It works fine I am assuming a motherboard issue Any suggestion greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Sure sounds like the socket is bad, or the memory controller. You may have to live with a single DIMM in the bottom slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-memory-slot-doesnt-work.1103329/
Relevancy 49.88%

I own a not show slot doesn't working, IPMA PCI and also work sound as year old years months Gateway FX series top of their line then running Vista I PCI slot and IPMA show as not working, sound also doesn't work have a Creative Sound Blaster XFi sound card Everything was fine The sound card stopped working all of a sudden I did a system restore No help several days back I deleted the driver and had the system find it to reinstall No help I reloaded the driver after downloading from the website No help I plugged in another set of speakers to the sound card No help I noticed that in Device Driver the com port is fine as is the sound card The PCI slot under other devices has yellow exclamation point as does the IPMA Gateway wants me to reset the computer to factory fresh I really don t want to do this - the work would be terrrible for me I find that Gateway always wants you to do this but before I did I wanted to ask for ideas here Please any thoughts will be appreciated gteam nbsp

A:PCI slot and IPMA show as not working, sound also doesn't work

1) List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
2) Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
3) Did you try uninstalling the old driver before reinstalling? Look in Ctl Panel->Programs and Features, see if audio driver there and uninstall it
4) You might also try looking through / See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-slot-and-ipma-show-as-not-working-sound-also-doesnt-work.158186/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently bought this combination (Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500+Creative Audigy LS). I hear the front speakers and the subwoofer but back speakers are not detected even by the diagnostic. I tried everything from installing the latest driver to uninstalling the old sound card. The stereo sound is fine but I can never get the 5.1 surround sound even with DVDs. Could someone please suggest a solution??

A:Can't hear back speakers (Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500+Creative Audigy LS)

Some Suggestions

Check your Audigy HQ settings to see if the speaker modes are in 2 Speaker or 5.1 surround. Or you can go to Control Panel -> Sounds (multimedia settings) -> Speaker Settings and try setting it to 5.1 surround. I have Sound Blaster Audigy and I didn't know how to activate the 5.1 at first and what I had to do was go to the Audigy HQ in the Creative Folder in the Start -> Programs menu and had to set it to 5.1 in the speaker settings. If all else fails, double check your connections at the back and see if you reversed any of it and what not. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-hear-back-speakers-creative-inspire-5-1-digital-5500-creative-audigy-ls.18792/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I am going to be purchasing a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro sound card and a Creative GigaWorks S Speaker System and I was wondering if the X-Fi Elite Pro comes with its own control and in out console box and if I connect the sound card to the console box how exactly do I connect the console box to the GigaWorks S subwoofer so I could have the full surround sound feel to my room And Creative Elite to a X-Fi Creative How GigaWorks Blaster Pro a Sound to connect Solved: S750? do I need the console box connected Solved: How to connect a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro to a Creative GigaWorks S750? to the sound card at all to get the surround sound quality Thanks These are good reviews of the X-Fi Elite Pro sound card -These reviews also show you and explain to you what the connections are and what cables come with the Sound Card http www nvnews net reviews creative sb xfi index shtml http lifestyle hexus net content item php item amp page This is a good reviews of the GigaWorks S Speaker System -This review shows you the connections at the back of the subwoofer http www xbitlabs com articles multimedia display creative-gigaworks-s html nbsp

A:Solved: How to connect a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro to a Creative GigaWorks S750?

I've had a couple of Creative sound cards with the console. They have been the internal models, but I don't think the setup of the external console would be any different. I apologize if I am not correct with what follows since I don't have personal experience with your setup. However, the general arrangement is that your satellites plug into the subwoofer and the subwoofer connects to plugs on the back of the sound card (which is 7.1). And that's it. Speaker controls are done with a utility within Windows. The external console has a headphone jack with a volume control for that. All the other plugs and controls are for things other than your speakers. In fact for most individuals the console is not a necessary item.

Edit: I went to the Creative Web site and I found this line "Easy control of Sound Blaster X-Fi through the convenient, external break-out-box". So I guess it does more than the usual consoles. Hard to tell from the picture. Speaker setup should be the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-connect-a-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-elite-pro-to-a-creative-gigaworks-s750.534741/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a system and I play it through the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB audio card As I'm playing a stereo file Windows Creative - Console X-Fi Creative MB and 3D issues on CMSS 7 in Winamp I have enabled CMSS D upmixing surround It would play in the surround upmixed state for Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console a while and if I play any movie on VLC and return to Winamp the CMSS D won't play it will be Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console still enabled in the Dell Audio panel for Sound Blaster No matter how many times I turn it on and off it still won't play in the CMSS D Surround mode or Stereo Upmix mode Frustrated by that I used the creative auto updater to update my creative drivers And all hell broke Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console loose When I restarted and tried to use the new driver it showed quot The audio device supported by this application is not detected quot I again reverted the driver back to the factory version and now creative audio works but the CMSS D issue still persists Also the Creative Console wont open either Spent the whole day trying to fix this Someone please help me why this happens and how the hell can I fix it So far I have re-installed and updated all the creative drivers and reverted it back to factory version as updates didn't recognize the device My speakers are working fine tested with a media Restarted and reconnected my audio system several times Creative and a few other forums have no answers Been trying to fix it for the past four hours Details Creative X-Fi MB Dell XPS l x Update Though I can play audio over the card and see Sound Blaster X-Fi MB in Dell audio the Device Manager is not showing it

A:Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console

The Dell SoundBlasters and drivers tend to be custom for Dell. I used to work the Dell forums and we always recommended the Dell supplied drivers.

Since this is a Dell PC and the Dell SoundBlaster version, the Dell forums would be the best place to try and get help.
Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352345-creative-x-fi-mb-issues-windows-7-cmss-3d-creative-console.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 46.01%

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

A:How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Jimboson said:

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-the-comp-from-reading-your-agp-slot-to-pci-slot.594580/