Windows Support Forum

need help getting the correct bios for my rig

Q: need help getting the correct bios for my rig

i have just built my own rig about a week ago and i need help getting the correct bios settings for my system i would appreciate any help thanks ahead of time i will list my specs now
amd phenom 2 x6 balck edition 1090t 3.2ghz stock cooler that came with the cpu
gigabyte 880gm-d2h mobo
corsair xms3 4gb mem
seagate barracuda 1tb lp serial ata 5900 32mb
nvivda geforce 210 1024 mb ddr3
ultra lsp550wat power supply
sony optarc 24 x dvdrw
nzxt gaming case m59
via 6421 raid controller pci card
os win 7 ultimate 32 bit
is the 32 bit version the best fro my system or should i be running 64 bit

i would like to get the best performance out of my system maybe overclock if possible any thoughts or suggestions thnaks to any one that is willing to help me

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: need help getting the correct bios for my rig

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: need help getting the correct bios for my rig

bios toward bottom of page...

http://www2010.gigabyte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3515

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-getting-the-correct-bios-for-my-rig.982739/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi my system is an athlon(tm)xp 1500+
I decided to increase my ram from 2x 256 cards(DDR PC2700) to 1x 1gb I scanned my system to find what motherboard I was using MS-6777 (K7N2GM-L) and purchased a DDR PC3200. with the new card fitted the computer won`t start, the supplier said it would be by BIOS it would need to be updated. I went to the web page of the supplier www.msi.com and there lies the problem I`m unsure what to put in if I get it wrong goodbye computer.
I would appreciate it if anyone can give me the correct BIOS.
regards Toshwal.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Correct &Hot BIOS CPU Settings all the more I go through these forums the more I realize I need help I am not sure that I have the bios set to work correctly along with getting the Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU best results I have a Abit Kt A raid not setup AMD Ath Processor MB Ram gForce Ti MB Vid Mbs Hdd Win K pro SB Live now the current prob after seeing another member had a prob w a cooling issue I went to my sys amp sure enough my cpu Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU is currently running c amp f I shut down amp rebooted amp went to the bios amp attempted to cgange some of the settings then I enabled the shutdown for the CPU warning amp rebooted the system goes into a loop in other words it will not completly load just restarts so I disabled the cpu shut off and here I am also I do not overclock not that I am against it I just haven t tried it yet I am researching though Thanks in advance Sketchman as always nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

The Bios update for my probook 455 G3 notebook says it is for the N80 Bios family buy my current Bios is N79. Can I update with the N80 family Bios? I have windows 10 64 bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Looking-for-correct-Bios-update/td-p/5748016
Relevancy 52.89%

I think I have been hacked by a hacker, I've Googled these "netbios-ns, netbios -dgm" and for no appearant reason I have connection to "localhost" which should be me, right?

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. How can I curb and revive my internet connection rightfully to me and lose this hacker?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/1/2006, 18:58:36
Machine name: *********
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8300
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 584MB used, 664MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

A:How to correct a BIOS hack?

lexmarkx75 said:

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. Click to expand...

so do I. What is the problem. My internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-correct-a-bios-hack.439129/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

A while back I bought a MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard Fine Works suits my needs The only problem was that my keyboard and Logitech USB mx cordless mouse were not recognized when I used an Acronis rescue disk I updated the bios on the board badly needed F to F and all was well USB & With Correct BIOS Even Settings Keyboard To get into the bios I had to plug in an old PS keyboard even though all the appropriate USB settings were set to allow the USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings keyboard to work in 'DOS' mode So the bios is updated my Acronis issues are resolved but wierdly enough I was able to get in the bios yesterday with the USB keyboard but not today All the appropriate settings are still enabled i e USB Controller Enabled USB Controller Enabled USB Keyboard Support Enabled USB Mouse Support Enabled There is no USB Legacy Support setting but according to Gigabyte the Keyboard amp Mouse Support settings cover that and then there's the fact that the keyboard works in Acronis Rescue mode I have changed some of the settings but none that should prevent the keyboard from being recognized in 'DOS' I think Any ideas It's be nice not to have to USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings plug in a PS board everytime I wanted to get into the bios Sorry if formatting is off copied and pasted from a usenet post that wouldn't show up Thanks for any ideas James Relevant System Specs Win U bit RTM GA-EP -UD R bios F GB Gskill Sata Drives MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard

A:USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings

That "USB keyboard support" is the setting you need to have enabled. If it is....you may try a new port. If that does not work you may try the latest bios. If you have the latest bios, you may try using the front panel USB or changing ports for the front panel and the keyboard in different combinations.

I just got a new P55 board and had the same issue but a flash cured it.

I would try a different port or mobo header if you have not done it already.

Good luck!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25593-usb-keyboard-bios-even-correct-settings.html
Relevancy 52.46%

An eSATA bracket came with my GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard. It has a molex to SATA power, 2 eSATA ports and an eSATA to normal SATA cable so I can run internal hard drives externally. It is really nice.

My board has 2 (two) SATA controllers. The ICH10-R controls 6 ports and a Gigabyte (or JMicron chip) controller if for 2 others. I have tried this bracket connected to the Gigabyte controller in AHCI and it works fine. I also tried it in IDE mode and it works a little different. In both cases I have "safely remove hardware" option.

I have not used eSATA much until now. What is correct setting in the BIOS for eSATA? What if I only had one SATA controller like a lot of boards? What would you have the BIOS set to in that case? (IDE or AHCI)

Thanks

A:What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

I'm using sata as IDE, and having no problems - i asked seagate about enabling AHCI and there reply was it is unnecessary, as its built into the sata hard drives now, and not necessary. I also have the intel ich9 sata controller plus the j-micron, so I turn the j-micron off in the bios and use just use the intel controller.
Just added a couple of hours later:
I have one external esata hard drive -160gb seagate hard drive - forgot to mention although I implied, as such, but personally i like to see things myself before believing. Two internal a 250gb and 500gb seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/23898-what-correct-setting-bios-esata.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614
Relevancy 52.46%

I've got a Gigabyte P35 DS3R with 4 gigs of Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 DDR2 1066 ram. The mobo loaded up nicely when I installed it. The ram I had at the time Crucial PC5300 DDR2 533 worked well. Since then I bought the PC 8500 DDR2 1066. When I go into the bios to overclock the BIOS shows the ram as 800. I cannot find a way to correct it in the bios, which is Award. I've clocked to 800 and everything is running nicely, but I'm not sure why the ram shows as DDR2 800 and not 1066. Can anyone help?

A:BIOS Doesn't Show Correct RAM

Make sure that your motherboard supports 4GB of memory!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-show-correct-ram.652741/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so just to let people know i m not a computer idiot this is kind of a multiple os comment and at the same time a no os comment I am writing this post on my laptop it s my desktop i m having trouble with it runs red hat before it started i put my windows disc in i change os s a correct, bios...:( on, no monitor Computer is lot i missed the timing for the boot from disk so i restarted then the computer never came back it s Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( on it starts the fans whir the hard drive spools up for less time than usual the monitor is in correctly it even works self-diagnostic however with or without the cd i can t get the opening screen Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( all those white letters with quot press F to change system settings quot to come back well i don t know what to do i would install a new bios but i don t know where to get one nor do i know how i would be able to do that without the computer really recognizing anything there are no beeps i know some beep codes and the cd-rom drive reads the disc but them resumes inactivity Help me please what should i do to get my computer back to running at least linux nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I am having severe overheating issues on my Pavilion dv4-260 and have read that updating the bios might help. I have version F0.b but some sources have indicated another version.  The HP website says nothing when I check for updates.  Can anyone tell me what the current bios should be?

A:correct bios for Pavilion dv4-2160us

Latest version posted for your model is F.0F -under Windows 7 driver list. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv4-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... I doubt that a BIOS update would solve overheating issues. An older desktop here suffers from overheating in Windows 10 and I believe it is due to no AMD graphics driver for Win 10. The graphics card is older & no support for Win 10 from AMD. Using the basic Microsoft driver. Probably will be rolling this machine back to Windows 7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/correct-bios-for-Pavilion-dv4-2160us/td-p/5617825
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
How to know the correct version of bios to get updated and how to do in running windows?
Will the bios update create some new menu in my bios? if not, what is the use of bios update?
Why driver update program like drivermax does not find updates for bios?
Can i add any item in Boot priority menu and make it workable thro registry tricks

A:how to know the correct version of bios for update

My rules of the thumb when it comes to bios updates (flash)

1. Always use the motherboard manual instruction to do a bios flash.

2. Only do a bios flash if the problem you are having is listed in the bios information as a repair for the problem you are having.

3. Never do a bios flash just because their is a new one. If your not having a problem leave the bios alone.

Example: Here is my bios on the system I'm typing from now.

BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version 0502
Date 11/16/2010

I'm not having any problems so I leave the 2010 bios alone.
If I do get a problem 99.9% of the time it's not caused by the bios version.

As far as I know you can't flash the bios from within Windows 7.
Your bios is installed on/in the motherboard not in Window 7 registry.

On some motherboards if a bios flash goes a muck your motherboard will become unusable. Possibly the motherboard manufacture will repair it.

Driver update programs like drivermax will most likely do nothing but cause problem. Install a bunch of PUP's and be very difficult to remove completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389087-how-know-correct-version-bios-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

On my P5E MB there are two places where the Vcore voltages are displayed in the BIOS.

One is in the O/C tweaking section where you actually input the voltage during over clocking and the second is in the Power section of the BIOS but this is just a display and you cannot change anything here.

Now to my question. There are two different values displayed. Which one is the correct Core voltage, the one in the Tweak section or the one in the Power section? Right now I have 1.62150 Volts in the Tweak section but only 1.552 in the Power section. If the Power section is the true value then I have a lot more room to play.

Thanks
Robert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-correct-vcore-readins-in-p5e-bios.674260/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all

I have a ThinkPad T61 with XP Pro. I recently put in another 2 GB stick of RAM bringing it from 3 GB to 4 GB. When I go into BIOS it reads all 4 gigs, however, when I go to Control Panel -> System it says I only have 3 GB of RAM.

What gives???

Relevancy 52.03%

I have just got a new fast AMD motherboard and the PCI-E graphics card is just not being recognized by the motherboard. The primary device is PEG and it is not detected. The built-in GPU works.

A:Graphics Card Not Working when BIOS correct

May seem like a silly question, but did you connect the power to the card, and make sure it was seated correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/66242-graphics-card-not-working-when-bios-correct.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The computer starts up and I see " Boot From CD _ " but nothing happens and it just restarts itself.

There is only one CD Drive so I know it's not conflicting with anything else....

I'm trying to do a fresh install of XP.

It has an MSI KM4AM mobo

A:Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

if you see "boot from cd_" then there's nothing wrong with the bios setting. could be a bad cd/dvd drive if it restarts itself. normally it'll say "non bootable disk" if it's a bad disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/conputer-wont-boot-from-cd-the-bios-order-is-correct-447602.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So my computer has been screwed up for quite some time now and I thought I might remedy the situation by doing a repair install of keyboard issue bios correct to Trying to flash windows XP I managed to get my hands on a slipstreamed SP CD today and let windows do its thing However when the time came to Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue enter in my XP key I could not use my keyboard which is the same problem i had before i repaired windows Back when I first had this problem I Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue read online that I might need to flash the bios to correct it The fact that I still have the problem after repairing windows seems to point to this as well I ve been trying to flash the bios A V deluxe mobo with afudos and i get the message quot ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID quot I ve used both the newest and oldest ROMs available from asus to no avail I can t use the asus auto updater because my windows install still needs the XP key to finish My computer is basically stuck until I can resolve this keyboard issue nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to upgrade my bios for my H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX motherboard but the bios listed on the download page are: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6800-Desktop-PC-series/5080733/model/51...  H-RS880-UATX MotherboardAndN-Alvorix-RS880 MotherboardBut my board says on it that its a.H-Alvorix-rs880-uatx. Which one am I supposed to pick?

A:What is the correct bios download for a H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX...

Hi, The specifications for the HP p6802 indicate that this model has the N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard. HP did recall and replace the Alvorix mother in some PCs so it's very possible that the posted documentation doesn't reflect those actions. Post the motherboard part number. Do a Google on the "part number".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-is-the-correct-bios-download-for-a-H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX/td-p/5154361
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,
I have installed 5520 BIOS on Inspiron 15R 5521 machine by mistake.  However, Its works but few functionality are disabled.  Please let me know how to correct this issue

A:5520 BIOS installed on 15R-5521 machine. How to correct it ?

Hi Kartkart, 
Please use the link below to update the A14 version BIOS for Dell Inspiron 5521.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=9TV83
During the process of upgrading to the correct BIOS if any issue arises on the system. You will have to replace the system board on the computer by contacting the expired warranty repairs team of your region for charged repairs as Dell would not be responsible for the issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992856
Relevancy 51.17%

PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

A:PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

Which BIOS does your desktop PC have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PLEASE-CAN-YOU-SUPPLY-CORRECT-BIOS-BEEP-CODES-FOR-P6-2260EA/td-p/5783560
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi For several years I have a Vostro It has always been reliable However in recent months I have if 430 only connected USB device correct Vostro NO (any is and USB starts BIOS) a Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) problem Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) at startup just worse I specify now I ve done every test that came to mind and I found on the forums So for some time I had to unplug all USB on my frontage so that the PC starts Those behind were still connected It was never start the first time but after three or four presses of the button Failure to find a solution I accepted the situation But this time I must remove all usb without exception Even the mouse receiver completely prevented from starting However if there is anything it starts from the first press of the button For now I brought all my connectors on a usb hub that I disconnected before starting Some details on the non-starting Press button gives no sign of life No noise nothing on the screen etc So as if the push boutton was broken but this is not the case But if I plug my usb hub and pushes the button the LEDs s on the hub illuminate and stay on LEDs are off initially if I disconnected and reconnected power What it is not The bios The boot is only on a DD Nothing points to the USB A defective device The problem occurs as soon as there is one any peripheral that is plugged into any USB input I do not remember having updated the bios At least not recently I make a hypothesis can be absurd but I did not see anything on the internet about this As the problem worsens with time I wonder if this might not be the CR battery that should change this is the original one Maybe one usb drops the voltage needed by the EEPROM to launch startup The battery would be solicited for a few milliseconds before the power supply takes over Finally I make the long test Dell Passed all except a secondary hard drive it will take me one day change I have nothing on it so nothing urgent I also bought a new battery I expect in a few days Thank you for your help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989719
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow.

Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings.

Yes, it is set up to sync with time.nist.gov

The really puzzling thing is that the bios/uefi clock is correct and stays correct. So in my limited knowledge it seems the problem must be with windows.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

Boot to Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If not then something is starting at boot and continuing to run that is causing the problem. Use Clean Boot to isolate the cause of the problem.

How to Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Boot in Windows 8 and 8.1

Also

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37114-clock-constantly-loses-time-correct-bios.html
Relevancy 51.17%

System had WIndows upgraded to Win and then wiped and reloaded with a fresh Win install To try and fix the plugged in and not charging issue I installed the F Rev A firmware dated July nbsp nbsp System an work restore to BIOS the doesn't How upgrade when correct won't boot to WIndows says no OS installed nbsp When I switch to legacy mode I can boot slowly and run Windows nbsp I tried How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work all the previous versions on the website but they all say they aren't compatible nbsp The ALT-B fix doesn't work to roll back the firmware nbsp I even did a full system restore of an Acronis True Image backup from pre- upgrade and it doesn't make a difference nbsp System didn't have the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI nbsp so I installed the version from the website but it can't find a version to roll back to and none of the versions on support seem compatible nbsp Can someone tell me where to get to correct firmware to load to fix this problem

A:How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work

System info is: Product# E3508UA#ABLModel: 15-j078caRev: 1963-100

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-restore-the-correct-BIOS-when-an-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/5847769
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I create this topic as it seems I need to update my bios (Y700 15isk). I have the same issues described in this topic:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Windows-regularly-freezes-when-1TB-SSHD-... Nothing new on this topic :https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/BIOS-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y700-Touch-15ISK-Laptop-... I have :- micro freeze while "windowsing" and gaming, HDD is spinning up and be heard- my Storage driver is up to date- version bios is actually CDCN27WW I find it hard to accept that my computer freezes around every 2 min and can not gaming with it. Hope the bios will fix it and I wonder how (is it even related to the HDD ?) When bios for Y700-15ISK will be avaible ? Ben

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/BIOS-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y700-TO-CORRECT-MICRO-FREEZE/td-p/3375158
Relevancy 50.74%

My hard drive died and it needed replacement. Did so. Had originally been Windows8 but upgraded to Windows 10. Unable to re boot with reinstall disks. Need BIOS boot specs, screen info to use disks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-info-for-correct-boot-of-windows-from-disk-for-new-hard/td-p/5702830
Relevancy 50.74%

My company is using a Dell Optiplex 7010 on one of our products. I would like to have the ability that when/if power is lost or restored the PC will power up without pushing the power button. I have gone into BIOS and selected the "Setting" Restore Last Power State but I stll have to push the power button. The BIOS version is A16.

Thanks in Advance

Ripcord2

A:Correct power up settings in BIOS for a Dell Optiplex 7010

This is stated in the system setup options in the owner's manual for the Dell OptiPlex 7010.

(Page 43 of the mini tower model)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-power-up-settings-in-bios-for-a-dell-optiplex-7010.1135830/
Relevancy 46.01%

I wanted to add Logoff Shutdown amp Restart to XP context menu for a friend Followed directions from http www intowindows com add-turn-off-restart-log-off-options-to-my-computer-context-menu I didn t realize I would need to rightclick MyComputer for the options I overdosed on stupid pills amp now I need your help again I not only deleted the keep I just created I deleted the one showing MyComputer icon because now the icon is labeled Folder and appears as an old windows icon I put the following text in notepad amp saved as computer REG Windows Registry Editor Version Add log off option to My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES Computer My for registry correct icon Correct to show ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D Correct registry to show correct icon for My Computer shell Log Off command quot shutdown -l -f -t amp Add log off option to My Computer Correct registry to show correct icon for My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Restart command quot shutdown -r -f -t amp Add log off option to My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Turn Off computer command quot shutdown -s -f -t amp Part Would saving this as explorer REG add Logon Shutdown amp Restart options to context menu as I intended to do Windows Registry Editor Version Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Log Off command quot shutdown -l -f -t amp Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Restart command quot shutdown -r -f -t amp Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Turn Off computer command quot shutdown -s -f -t amp nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Good morning, for my HP Pavilion HPE H9-1130, how do I install the correct firewire card into the correct motherboard slot in Windows 10  x64 operating system / 64x processor? And what video software system can I download to recognize my Panasonic AX 100A Camera? 

A:install correct firewire card into the correct motherboard s...

Hi, 1. Your machine has few PCIe slots whiach are suitable for a PCIe-Firewire card:  Expansion Slots:1 PCI Express x16 (Generation 2 speed)3 PCI Express x1 (Generation 2 speed)1 PCI Express mini card x1 (Generation 2 speed) Source: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03272947 You can use any standard PCIe - Firewire card. There are many around, fro 1 port, 2 ports and more such as:      https://www.startech.com/au/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/2-Port-1394a-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card~PEX1394A2... 2. Please use software on the CD which comes with the camera. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/install-correct-firewire-card-into-the-correct-motherboard/td-p/5809287
Relevancy 43.86%

on start up page after downloading windows 10 from 8 the computer says my password is incorrect, but I know it is what can I do?

A:have correct passwords but computer says it is not correct

What password do you mean?BIOS, Hard Disk, or Windows?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/have-correct-passwords-but-computer-says-it-is-not-correct/223.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi guys,

i'm using a router and i want to play a game with a friend over the internet. the game detects her ip as 198.162.0.100 and i have the same thing... which is because we're both using routers at home right? my question is, how can we connect?
I have the same problem with netmeeting, I don't know what ip to give n any settings i have to adjust.
thanks

A:correct ip?

You each need to properly configure your routers (port forwarding or DMZ--see the manual). You have to use each other's public IP (your router's WAN IP).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-ip.394389/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi... Not sure if I've put this into the correct part of the forum - please move if so.

Got a problem with my 3TB Samsung external HD. Since moving to Win10 I have lost the ability to open the secure section of it. The Drive Manager software seems to have disappeared and on trying to re-install it I get an error message saying it will only install to Vista and Win7. In truth there's no files on that secret zone that I can't bear to lose but I don't really want to lose the 1 terrabyte that I sectioned off.

As always, grateful for any advice.

Rob

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm buying a new graphics card, which is a MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC Edition 1GB GDDR5. I your help to check if i've got the right power supply unit. I have a OCZ 600W MODXSTREAM PRO POWER SUPPLY, But I'm not sure if i've got the right pins to connect the graphics card into the power supply.

Thanks in advance

A:Correct PSU?

You're OK.

OCZ 500W-700W ModXStream Pro Power Supply OCZ Technology

It has one 6 pin PCI-E power connectorm, plus one 6+2 (usable as either a 6 pin or 8 pin).

The card:

MSI USA ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

uses two 6 pin PCI-E connectors. (The highest-powered cards I know of at the moment, GTX480 or Radeo 3970, use one 6 pin and one 8 pin power connector. Total card power: 300W max, including the PCI-E X16 slot.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/105505-correct-psu.html
Relevancy 32.25%

HelloI am new here from France and I am opening an English version of mysite. If you use Internet Explorer can you tell me if it is correct tosay this? I want to use the exact vocabulary from Microsoft software but Icurrently have IE6 in French:"Before you print, choose PORTRAIT ORIENTATION, delete the TOP OF PAGEand the BOTTOM OF PAGE in FILE menu, PAGE SETTINGS..."For those who knows French I am trying to translate this: "Avantd'imprimer, choisir l'orientation portrait en supprimant l'en-t?tede page et le pied de page dans le menu Fichier, Mise en page..."Thank youPhilippe

A:is this correct to say this? (IE6)

I think what you want to say is :

"Before you print, click on the File menu and then PAGE SETTINGS and change the Orientation to Portrait and delete the text in the Footer and Header fields."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15588/is-this-correct-to-say-this-ie6/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm not sure if this post should be in the networking forum...but I'm posting it here since I'm using Win XP Pro SP3 and having problems with the IP address in it. I put the system together, installed the OS, installed the drivers, and even installed all the updates from the Windows Update site. Now when I boot the computer and it's trying to acquire an IP address from the router I use, it doesn't assign it a 192.168.x.x like it should for private IP, instead my network adapter shows an address of 169.254.x.x, and shows the taskbar balloon saying that I have limited or no connectivity. I have no clue why it started doing this now. All the other computers connected to the same router have no problem acquired correct IP address and accessing the Internet, just having issues with this one system. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Not getting correct IP

Go to device manager and see any drivers are flagged?

169.254...ect means nonexistant ip which is normal if your missing the network driver.

What shows under Network Adapters?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-getting-correct-ip-355651.html
Relevancy 32.25%

My wife's computer periodically issues 'bootmgr is missing' on boot. I use an Acronis boot disk in those instances to successfully load Windows. Norton comes up clean and so does Malwarbytes. I ran the Norton Eraser in the event there was a rootkit problem and it too came up clean.

Therefore I'm assuming there's something messed up with the MBR.

I've researched repairing the boot loader and found 2 similar but different command prompt commands and wish to get a clarification here before I proceed.

Method 1: Select command prompt from the system recovery options on the OS disk. Type 'bootrec /fixmbr' to restore the master boot record.

Method 2: At the command prompt, successively type each of the following commands followed by a CR:
bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot
bootrec /RebuildBcd

?

Mark

A:Which MBR fix is correct?

See this walk through tutorial:

MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/320032-mbr-fix-correct.html
Relevancy 32.25%

originally posted in this thread about a kernel PnP warning showing in Event viewer Kernel-PnP warning I stated i kept could way ? be this correct getting this warning in 's could this be correct way ? in my event viewer plus PC go into boot loop on restarts only and that part was solved with BIOS update Also stated as could this be correct way ? long as i had this system with Windows Pro bit my USB speeds were very slow With Windows i saw this and read about the Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver that Win uses it's own Intel does not supply one for or I have Microsoft Driver that i am sure most have with Win http Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver I felt this was reasoning with my USB issues the driver Gigabyte possibly thought might be the board When using a USB External Hard drive i am getting between mbs - mbs even slower then USB tried different drives and tested each Question is i came across a thread in a forum on researching this problem someone said to go to Disk Management when drive is hooked up right click the drive and select Properties then select Policies Under policies choices Quick Removal Default and Better performance first one disables write caching and second one enables it Said to select Better Performance Seems when i choose Better performance now my USB has incredible speeds on USB some as fast as GHZ transfer some at GHZ Question is is this correct to do i see internal drives are set this way but enables write caching now on External Instead of pulling the USB device from port do i have to then use Safely remove hardware in Notification area instead Looks like my speed issues are fixed not sure of these settings

A:could this be correct way ?

Definitely will increase speed but definitely need to use safe removal if enabled. Sometimes data to be written will sit in the cache until you safely remove it, then it will write after you click and then will let you know it can be removed. Not doing this can result in corrupted files.

PS: I would not check it for your internal HDD.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61587-could-correct-way.html
Relevancy 32.25%

This link was provided by amazon.co.uk from one of there 3rd party sellers,surely these prices can not be correct,I have emailed amazon and am waiting a reply,,,,
Buy Windows 7 key,Cheap Windows 7 key ,Purchase Windows 7 key,Office 2010 Key

Cheap and Genuine Windows products

A:this could not be correct,

Scam nice find.

Footer on one of the sites has the old site url but links into the new site, if you type that url into google its scam hits galore.

Amatuer hour from them, sadly people less wise buy into these things.

Other link claims a 3 year business whois tells another story of a site that was registered yesterday.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/this-could-not-be-correct-594493.html
Relevancy 32.25%

In Disk Cleanup; I find 1.60 gigs of Thumbnails. When I highlight this entry; the option to 'View files' goes away. When I go to 'Thumbnails' through the Start Menu; I find only 6.79MB of thumbnails. Where is this other 1 1/2 gigs of thumbnails listed in Disk Cleanup?

Thank you

A:Which Is Correct?

PS

I just removed the 1.60 gigs of thumbnails shown in Disk Cleanup. When I did; it did not remove any of those shown in Start Menu> Thumbnails>normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/which-is-correct-554486.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello

I am new here from France and I am opening an English version of my
site. If you use Internet Explorer can you tell me if it is correct to
say this? I want to use the exact vocabulary from Microsoft software but I
currently have IE6 in French:

"Before you print, choose PORTRAIT ORIENTATION, delete the TOP OF PAGE
and the BOTTOM OF PAGE in FILE menu, PAGE SETTINGS..."

For those who knows French I am trying to translate this: "Avant
d'imprimer, choisir l'orientation portrait en supprimant l'en-tÍte
de page et le pied de page dans le menu Fichier, Mise en page..."

Thank you
Philippe

A:is this correct? (IE6)

I think this may be a reasonable translation

Before you print, go to File then Page Setup

Choose Landscape in the Orientation section and remove the entries in Headers and FootersClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-correct-ie6.351717/
Relevancy 32.25%

Not sure if I am in right section but I do have a vague security concern I have been having real problems with an ISP amp so have been measuring my not IP correct down- amp up-load speeds for past few weeks using ookla As you will know this has a graphic showing one's location amp then the ping server location I was generally shown in the correct geographical area ie London until recently when it looked as if IP not correct I had migrated to Scotland Ths change in location is quite consistent amp marked I was fiddling around today amp checked http whatismyipaddress IP not correct com - completely different from my IP address obtained via W 's IPv details on my actual computer This wrong address does however show my correct ISP My concern is that eg projecthoneypot org shows spam originating from this address altho it gives it a current clean bill of health I tend to be fairly careful re downloads of freeware etc amp I also tend to turn off geolocation requests amp do not use social media other than email amp skype if I can help it However some weeks back I managed to pick up a rather nasty PUP that I had to use a range of tools to get rid of it eg mbam rkill jrt etc So long amp short of this ramble is that something made ookla decide I had moved to Scotland - should I be concerned I have given my HHD amp software pretty good clean outs with a range of AV tools from CCleaner to SuperSpyWare to Avast amp AVG but day to day protection relies on MS Defender Any thoughts appreciated - amp feel free to move to correct posting area Thanks

A:IP not correct

No, don't worry, IP geolocation is not always precise.

If you have your public IP address, you can check where http://ip2location.com/demo puts you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564888/ip-not-correct/
Relevancy 32.25%

C:\>copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\

is this command correct to copy sticky keys to C:\...
in my case it says

Access Denied
0 File(s) Copied.
why cant i copy it to dir c:\ ????

A:Is It Correct????

Probably, because UAC is on and you're running the command from non-elevated command prompt. Regular users don't have permissions to write to the root of the system drive. Try

Code:
md temp
copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\temp\

or run cmd as administrator and use your command.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28824-correct.html
Relevancy 32.25%

You wrote in the help on Spybot:

Important Note: For people using the new version 1.3, it is ignoring a few malware products by mistake so it will not find them. To fix this click on the Mode menu option at the top and click on Advanced Mode. Reply Yes to the confirmation when it asks you. This will change the screen and give you different options. Click on Settings on the left hand side and then click on the Ignore Products section. Click on the All Products tab, and scroll through all the listed products and make sure there are no checkmarks in any of them. If there are, remove the check marks. Then click on the Mode menu option and switch back to Default Mode again.
Should we do this for the 1.4 version??? I ask becasue it says "are you sure? you could damage your system if you don't know what you are doing."

Thanks!

A:Need We Correct Mode?

If you mean CDilla & SideStep. Here is an explanation from Spybot forums.I'm mentioning those specific two since they were the only onesthat remained checked in my Spybot.(Which is 1.4) Not 1.3Why are CDilla & SideStep checked in Ignore Products?http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=336What it boils down to is it is a personal choice.As they have been de-listed and are no longer considered spyware/adware.Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computerhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-spybot-to-remove-spyware/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63728/need-we-correct-mode/
Relevancy 32.25%

When I open Google, the first thing i see is a message telling me that (this web page is not accessible). However when I open an adjacent (new tab) I am able to proceed as normal. How can I keep this from happening. It just started out of the blue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551578/dont-know-if-this-is-the-correct-forum-or-not-but-here-goes/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi im a little new to this My computer has become very slow and i please this help used HJT time Correct - was hoping that someone would be able to take a quick peek at my HJT log please Appreciate any help given jodyD Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Correct HJT used this time - please help system lsass exe C WINDOWS Correct HJT used this time - please help system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Correct HJT used this time - please help System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Documents and Settings Jody Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP quot C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service NBService - Nero AG - C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe O - Service NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe O - Service StarWind iSCSI Service StarWindService - Rocket Division Software - C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe O - Service Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine WebrootSpySweeperService - Webroot Software Inc - C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe -- End of file - bytes

A:Correct HJT used this time - please help

Slowdown of computer, could someone please give a little advice

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 14:14:37, on 11/04/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\ScanningProcess.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\ScanningProcess.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\MAILFR~1\mantispm.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jody\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...?1174665705341
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/correct-hjt-used-this-time-please-help-150023.html
Relevancy 32.25%

hi i hope you can correct sure help-not place am in i if please help me at christmas i bought my yr old daughter a laptop that has been fantastic please help-not sure if i am in correct place for her but we have come across a problem the laptop wont update from windows updates i know very little about computers so i am not sure what to do we have tried and tried but nothing ever updates when we look at the update history it seems that updates stopped workin on the may also from this morning avg please help-not sure if i am in correct place free the latest version went gray we opened it and it said it needed updating we did this but every half hour the box went grey again and we would update it again after doing this a few times i have uninstalled it and we now have nothing instead of avg i would like to put it back on as i am familier with avg rather than anything else but i cant keep updating it every few mins would this happen again if i download it again am sorry if this thread is in the wrong place and will happilly change it if you let me know should it be thanks in advance from karrie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-not-sure-if-i-am-in-correct-place-259529.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm I not right in saying that when performing a clean install you should make sure the drivers for any device in the Device Manager is downloaded before going through the normal procedure which is Chipset,Video,Audio,modem Network, and Programs etc? This is for Windows Vista Home Premium.
Or would you follow the order I stated and then include any other drivers that may not be installed and also update?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-correct-order-218883.html
Relevancy 32.25%

When I restart or shut down my computer I get the follow message, mediaplayer.exe and regeditm.exe not responding, what is this?? Thanks for any info you can give.

Relevancy 32.25%

I just bought a gateway laptop off my pal and formatted re-installed the OS (Vista) 32 bit.

its a p-series p-63

i went to the site for support followed the steps, but I need to be able to connect to the internet which i currently can't do.

i have no basic drivers

what i need are:

wireless adapter? the laptop wont pick up any wireless signals
display
controllers
etc

basic functions to get started but can anyone help me?

A:Need Correct Drivers

Hi,

Is you PC a DELL & have you installed the operating system that from a DELL recovery disk? If you have & your system is not a DELL, your system is not legal!

You will need the corect recovery disks from the manufacturer.

If it is legal, use the recovery disks or to continue from where you are now: -

Download the drivers on a differrent PC, burn to CD/ DVD & install.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/293962-need-correct-drivers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Anon said Is there anything wrong with my HJT log Maybe it is my Antivirus Firewall Should I uninstall them now that the subscription has expired What about all my P P programs are they likely to cause a problem Click to expand Download Hijack This I won t have P P peer to peer programs on my computer I use AVG Free Personal Edition anti-virus and Sygate Personal Firewall also free You need to use the latest version of Hijack This When you are SURE of the item on the HJT screen put it in the Ignore list so that only new things are shown That way it it easier for you to see what has arrived on your system Run HJT just after doing a clean install and when you know that what is on the drive should be there put all the good entries in the exclusion list so use Correct of Hijack This!!! that if you have a problem Correct use of Hijack This!!! you can see at a glance what has been added that shouldn t be there You can also use RegCleaner which marks Correct use of Hijack This!!! added programs as NEW until you identify them and mark them as OLD so any NEW programs which self install can be spotted Then make sure that these two entries are unchecked in Internet Explorer In IE Tools IE Options Advanced amp under quot Navigation quot Uncheck quot Activate install on demand quot Other and quot Activate install on demand quot Internet Explorer So if you can see something wrong with MY Hijack This log from a fully updated Windows XP Professional please let me know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA TITLEB Tbc exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Service SmartLinkService - Unknown - slserv exe file missing O - Service Sygate Personal Firewall - Sygate Technologies Inc - C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe Thanks Download Hijack This nbsp

A:Correct use of Hijack This!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 22:40:02, on 20/02/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TITLEB~1\Tbc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

So if anything appears which shouldn't do, then it is easier to see what it is.

When you have kept a good log give it a different name and keep it so that you can compare with subsequent logs if you ever have to.

Hope it helps you a little.

You should read this article as well! Loose components, wiring plugs & transit damage, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-use-of-hijack-this.332670/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I ve been having problems with my internet constant change in speed The connection speed seems to go up to mbps and then it s cut back to mbp slowly making it s way back up Of course this means huge lagspikes on online games downloads that goes from mbps to kbps etc The wireless signal is fine or at least it shows as if it is The closest thing I ve come to troubleshooting is that it s package loss so after searching around I tried to change my mtu by using the cmd exe Thing is By doing the testing Can't correct find mtu I found out that no package are lost at so I set it to and test it again and packages are Can't find correct mtu lost so I test a lower number and it works I set the lower number and stops working on and on I m living in this house where I have no access to the router so I can only change things on my computer So is this really package loss Is there something that I can change Or am I doomed for the rest of my dreadful stay nbsp

A:Can't find correct mtu

I've been having problems with my internet constant change in speed. The connection speed seems to go up to 130mbps and then it's cut back to 72mbpClick to expand...

Most of us wouldn't consider 72 Mbps internet access a problem. Who is your provider, and what is the "up-to" speed they advertize?

I'm living in this house where I have no access to the routerClick to expand...

If you have no access to the router how did you change the MTU? Just set it to the default and you will probably be OK as far as MTU is concerned. Unless, of course, your ISP advises a different value.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-correct-mtu.1131799/
Relevancy 32.25%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Correct Please To Log HJT What Advise Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe HJT Log Please Advise What To Correct C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Windows system HpSrvUI exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files hp center Program BackWeb- exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System dwwin exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http us hpwis com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run hp Silent Service C Windows system HpSrvUI exe O - HKLM Run hpScannerFirstBoot c hp drivers scanners scannerfb exe O - HKLM Run PreloadApp c hp drivers printers photosmart hphprld exe c hp drivers printers photosmart setup exe -d O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run DDCM quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe quot -Background O - HKLM Run DDCActiveMenu quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC ActiveMenu DDCActiveMenu exe quot -boot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run DIGStream C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe O - HKLM Run win upd exe C WINDOWS System WINdirect exe O - HKLM Run wpds exe C WINDOWS System doriot exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection c Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKCU Run win upd exe C WINDOWS System WINdirect exe O - HKCU Run wpds exe C WINDOWS System doriot exe O - Global Startup hp center lnk C Program Files hp center Program BackWeb- exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button MktBrowser HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem MarketBrowser HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button MoneySide HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet... Read more

A:HJT Log Please Advise What To Correct

***NOTE*** Disable any active resident Anti-virus program before running the scans

Run at least one of these two on-line anti-virus programs.

As applicable, make sure the "heuristics" and "Auto Clean" boxes are checked.

If anything's found, allow it to clean the file. If it's "uncleanable" DELETE everything the virus scan finds.

Re-start the computer between each scan.
Trend Micro's free on-line scan

Panda's free on-line scan

You have an outdated version of HiJackThis. (It's currently at v1.98.2)

To update HiJackThis:

Open the program. click "Config..." --> "Misc. Tools" --> "Check for Update Online".

Or:

Please go to the link below and download HiJackThis:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

***NOTE***Do not FIX anything without a log analyzer's guidance. MOST of what's listed is necessary for your computer to operate normally.
Download and unzip to a permanent folder of your own creation.

Open HiJackThis. Click "Scan". Then, in the lower left corner, click "Save Log".

Save it to your permanent HiJackThis folder (or floppy disk if necessary).

The log will open in Notepad. Click "Edit" then "Select All".

Copy and paste the log back to this thread.

Alternate download links:

http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-please-advise-what-to-correct.283737/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have been having a problem with very slow downloads and internet speeds. For example, I have a so-so cable connection that should be 300mbps. I tested it last night with Tweakmaster and I was getting 59-63 Mbps.

This morning, I used the utility in Tweakmaster to check the connections and was surprised to see how many I had. Some of these look to be duplicates and I am wondering if I have a Trojan Horse or something masquerading as a legitimate connection and dragging down my available bandwidth?

I've attached a file showing the results of this test.

Any ideas or am about to send a blistergram to the ISP?

A:How many connections are correct?

Let's try this and see what shows up.

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Open a TechSupportGuy forum Reply window for this thread, to have ready to paste the Hijackthis log into. Click once to place the typing cursor in the reply window.
At the top of your TSG/browser window, hit Edit then Paste
You should see your copied Hijackthis log appear in the reply space....then, submit the reply
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-many-connections-are-correct.487446/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,

I've just done a system Infomation check on my PC, i noticed it stated the following:

Total physical memory: 768.00MB
Available physical memory: 508.18MB

Does this mean my computer is not using all the memory which i have installed?

Please Help

A:Memory Correct?

Windows seldom uses all the available memory, or it would just crash.

Some programs are optimised to use "most" of it, but many are optimised to use only a percentage and use "virtual memory" (page file) for the rest. This allows multitasking programs to all get a fair go.

As an example, MS Office versions 20002 and earlier refuse to use more than about 512 MB, while Office 2003 now uses as much as you have, but shares with other applications.

OpenOffice uses everything itself, so its no good expecting multitasking programs to perform well, there isn't much left.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-correct.257071/
Relevancy 32.25%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system csrss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe E # Log 54354353 probably HJT correct) (<-- WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E WINDOWS System svchost exe E Program Files Winamp winampa exe E Program HJT Log # 54354353 (<-- probably correct) Files D-Tools daemon exe E Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe E Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe E Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe E Program Files QuickTime qttask exe E Program Files VVSN VVSN exe E Program Files WhatPulse WhatPulse exe E WINDOWS System devldr exe E Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe E WINDOWS System wuauclt exe E Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe E Program Files AIM aim exe E Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Program Files Winamp winamp exe E Program Files HJT Log # 54354353 (<-- probably correct) Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Documents and Settings HJT Log # 54354353 (<-- probably correct) William Desktop Security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lpunderground com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lpunderground com O - BHO ohb - D F F- AC - AB- B - C - E WINDOWS System winb s dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - e program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - E WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - e program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Search - F F DE- C F-ACA - -CFA C - E WINDOWS Xplfnzkt dll O - HKLM Run WinampAgent E Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot E Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched E Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA E Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper E Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot E Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run intdctrr E WINDOWS System idctup exe O - HKCU Run WhatPulse E Program Files WhatPulse WhatPulse exe O - HKCU Run Steam E Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe -silent O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot E Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk E Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res E Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res E Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res E Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res E Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res E Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - E Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - E Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - E Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Your PC is infected with Spyware - click here to fix your PC - FB C -ACA - e -A C-A EB CCB - https www spydeleter com order php KBID file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Your PC is infected with Spyware - click here to fix your PC - FB C -ACA - e -A C-A EB CCB - https www spydele... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

I am having some trouble with my wireless network and i am beginning to think my idea of networking abilities over a wifi network are wrong. I have two laptops in my home one using xp home the other using vista home basic. when I start up my computers i have to either run the networking wizard or ping the other computers (if they can even ping each other) I think as long as the two computers are turned on and logged on the the same wireless network I should be able to file share between the two of them, but like the title says correct me if I'm wrong.

Relevancy 32.25%

Windows XP home edition. Went to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced and changed DPI settings from 96DPI to 120DPI. That caused oversize images so went back to Display Settings, Advanced to change DPI back to 96DPI but image windows there are so long I can't click on the commands at bottom, OK, CANCEL, etc to initiate requested DPI. What can I do to get back to NORMAL 96DPI setting ?

A:cant correct DPI error

midtexodes said:

Windows XP home edition. Went to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced and changed DPI settings from 96DPI to 120DPI. That caused oversize images so went back to Display Settings, Advanced to change DPI back to 96DPI but image windows there are so long I can't click on the commands at bottom, OK, CANCEL, etc to initiate requested DPI. What can I do to get back to NORMAL 96DPI setting ?Click to expand...

Welcome to TSG, midtexodes.

With XP right-click on an empty area on your desktop and go to Properties > Settings >

Advanced Normal size (96 DPI)

If you are having problems with applications not displaying correctly it may be because you

need to reboot the computer for the settings to take effect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-correct-dpi-error.844460/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey,

When I created my User Account I named my Self Jack B..... (end of last name) It showed as JackB_000 for some reason, I thought it was because my Account name was to long. So I changed my full name into just my first name, the user account stayed the same, only changing to what I set in Metro and Start8 (Start8 is an alternative to Metro bringing back the start bar).

If you know how to fix this please help me
Thanks.

A:User Name not correct.

How to rename user account?

Avoid using spaces in the user name, and you'll be fine. You can set the display name the way you want in the user account settings (control panel).

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/26006-user-name-not-correct.html
Relevancy 32.25%

We recently got a laptop (with Vista).
I also purchased a Linksys wireless router model WRT110.

We seem to be having problems making the router to operate..
We currently have a desktop (windows XP). Our modem is a Westell 6100 and we have Verizon DSL.

My question -- will the wireless router we bought work with everything else we have?
Is there a set of instructions we can easily follow to install it? (we followed the instructions on the CD that came with the router but it's not working)

Is there a better router that will work with the modem that we have?

Relevancy 32.25%

hi, i have trouble with many viruses lately, my computer is running slow then internet explorer does not load up pages after about 5 minutes browsing. i checked the connection and that is always ok.

in task manager it shows - IEXPLORE.EXE and also explorer.exe , is this correct?
i have also used SUPERantispyware to clear everything but each time i do a scan another virus appears.

any help would be MUCH appreciated guys

A:Any Idea If This Is Correct?

Run a scan with your Super Antispyware in safe mode. Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting into Windows Safe Modehttp://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm(pre-Vista OS's)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89064/any-idea-if-this-is-correct/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have two identical HP Laptops, both HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv9700. One works and one is cratered; I brought the dead one home for parts, of course.

I checked the RAM in the working one and there are two sticks, 1 GB each, while the dead one had two sticks of 2 GB each, so I changed them out.

The working computer booted just fine, however when I checked the RAM, it shows only 3GB installed.

Is there anything I can check to see why this is?

A:Installed RAM Not Correct

Wynona, do you means it shows as "available" or "installed"? Also 32 or 64 bit Windows? Can you post a pic of Task Manager, the memory tab?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60698-installed-ram-not-correct.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I am unable to get Vista to Sync With the time servers. No matter which server I try, It comes back showing an error. Any ideas?

A:Correct time

Maybe its a firewall problem. Try allowing outbound to port 123.

What exactly is the error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-time.741610/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am trying to recover data off of the hard drive from my acer laptop. I bought an external enclosure, and plugged it into the usb port. The area on the bottom right hand corner with the mini icons said that the usb was hooked up. Under properties, it said that it was working correctly. But when I click and look in my computer, it is not listed at all. So how do I get my puter to not just recognize it but read it? Do I need a program? Is it a power supply problem?

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 32.25%

hi there i bought a IOGEAR Bluetooth usb adapter for my computer now the name device correct is what i want to get the right driver for it but here starts the fun on the USB is written quot GBU quot on the mini CD that came with the adapter is written quot GBU what is the correct device name GBU W quot when i plugged in the adapter in my PC Windows automatically downloaded the drivers for it and the name in quot Devices And Printers quot is quot BCM A quot so what is the correct device name to be able to get the quot latest quot driver i know that i am able to just install the software that came with the adapter on the mini CD but i don't want to as in i bought it on ebay so i don't know what is the correct device name if i could trust percent the guy that sold it that this is indeed the correct driver i don't want any BSOD'es from this i always like to go to the vendors site and get the latest drivers from there it's better and safer now that i don't know what's the name and that there already a driver installed i don't want to start up with my PC and get a BSOB and yes i know that why not leave it as it is well i still want a hard copy of the latest driver as i am not always on a internet accessible PC thanks in advance to all THANK YOU

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all, I've lost the adapter for my MSI GX630 notebook and now I'm on the hunt for a replacement. The exact model that I'm looking for is a LITEON PA-1121-04 model. I have found some replacements but there are usually some things off about these replacements, ether the connector size is wrong or the power rating is incorrect. The adapter has a power rating of 19V 6.3A and the closest replacement I've found has that of 19V 6.5A. I'd like to know if this 0.2A difference is too dangerous for my machine, or if i should continue searching for one with 6.3A specifically?

Also, are there any websites where you would suggest I look for an adapter like the one I'm looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Correct Amperage?

You can use that adapter.
The amperage is drawn, so it has to be same or HIGHER. The plug has to fit (obviously) and the wattage has to be exactly the same, but yes, you can safely use an adapter with higher amperage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-amperage.128530/
Relevancy 32.25%

when i try to open or run taskmgr.exe i get response parameter is not correct.this is in C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe

A:parameter is not correct

Just started happening?
Did you try system restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374107/parameter-is-not-correct/
Relevancy 32.25%

i have recently been on line with tiscali.co.uk its a good broad band supplier but any pictures down loaded in web pages are very blocky or very strange looking does any one know if this is down to my pc or there web pages,it happens where ever i look any help would be great email me direct at work thanks in advance jayMod Edit - Email address removed to protect against spambots

A:inter net not correct help

Hi j2000. If all of the webpages you see have poor quality then check your resolution settings and see if they are set to a low setting.Right-click the desktop in an empty area and choose Properties. In the Properties dialog click the Settings tab. There should be a section labeld Colors with a dropdown box in it. Click the arrow on the right-hand side of the dropdown and choose the highest resolution available for your setup.Click the Apply button and then the Ok button and check your webpges again.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18684/inter-net-not-correct-help/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello. I have a Nvidia 7800GT 256 mb. vid. card and I'm just wondering is this [ nForce4_amd_6.70-winxp2k .... file ver.2.11.15.0] the correct driver for this card ? My CPU is a Athlon64 3700+. I'm wondering because the current driver is 7.7.7.6 , and I just wanna make sure. ..tks in advance.

A:not quite sure about correct driver??

redbakk said:

Hello. I have a Nvidia 7800GT 256 mb. vid. card and I'm just wondering is this [ nForce4_amd_6.70-winxp2k .... file ver.2.11.15.0] the correct driver for this card ? My CPU is a Athlon64 3700+. I'm wondering because the current driver is 7.7.7.6 , and I just wanna make sure. ..tks in advance.Click to expand...

You have checked here ? Right..
http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

http://www.savagenews.com/drivers/drivers.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-quite-sure-about-correct-driver.436649/
Relevancy 32.25%

i am making a startup disk. i have the vista files needed. but i have to also burn an ISO image to the cd in order for it to boot up. i need to know if anyone knows the correct ISO files in my windows vista programs i need to burn to the cd? i have many different files popping up when i search for ISO files

Relevancy 32.25%

..... so please excuse me if it is. I use Vista Home Premium and when I try to download a file in mediafire.com I get a 369 error instead. What is that error and how can I fix it? Thanks.

A:Not sure if this is correct sub-forum

What exactly are you trying to download from mediafire.com?

You might want to read the P2P Instructions section here.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-if-this-is-correct-sub-forum.1043803/
Relevancy 32.25%

Okay this has bugged me for a long time and I want to set this up right. On our domain without logon scripts we have a bunch of computers none of them are time synced with anything. Short of doing a "NET TIME /SETSNTP:Server" command at each workstation is there anyway I can get my server to broadcast that it should be the time server to all of the clients and get them synched up that way? Also on a side note if my perferred method is not possible can anyone tell me if the above command can be ran from people who are not admins on their machines?

Thanks in advance.

A:No PC's have the correct time.

You say you don't use logon scripts, but why not create a temporary one just for the purpose of 'sync-ing' all of your times. You could assign it to all users, then once every station has been logged on to, de-allocate it from everone again!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-pcs-have-the-correct-time.374774/
Relevancy 32.25%

my logplease advisethanksLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS MIXER EXEC correct version WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS CONTROLAD WINCTLAD EXEC PROGRAM FILES TYPEITIN TYPEITIN EXEC PROGRAM FILES HP OFFICEJET SERIES BIN HPOSTART EXEC PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS CONTROLAD WINCTLADALT EXEC PROGRAM FILES HP OFFICEJET SERIES BIN HPOJVDIX EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM HPOMLCH EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC HIGHJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEC PROGRAM FILES ACCESSORIES WORDPAD EXEC PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXEC UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXER - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s correct version search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF correct version - AA- -BD D DA C B - C PROGRAM FILES NZSEARCH SEARCHENH DLLO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCXO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLLO - BHO no name - DB - ED- D- - E C D - no file O - BHO X IEHook Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - Toolbar no name - FE - C- EFB-BDD - BE D C - no file O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorunO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startupO - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEO - HKLM Run Windows ControlAd C PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS CONTROLAD WINCTLAD EXEO - HKLM Run Windows Registry Repair Pro C PROGRAM FILES B SOFTWARE WINDOWS REGISTRY REPAIR PRO WINDOWS REGISTRY REPAIR PRO exe -XO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files GIANT Company Software GIANT AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKCU Run Cacheman C PROGRA CACHEMAN Cacheman exeO - HKCU Run Windows Registry Repair Pro C PROGRAM FILES B SOFTWARE WINDOWS REGISTRY REPAIR PRO REGISTRYREPAIRPRO EXE O - Startup TypeItIn lnk C Program Files TypeItIn TypeItIn exeO - Startup HP OfficeJet Series StartUp lnk C Program Files HP OfficeJet Series bin HPOstart exeO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C WINDOWS SYSTEM SHDOCVW DLLO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C WINDOWS SYSTEM SHDOCVW DLLO - Extra button iGive - D E - CAD- d -AA - DF BC - C WINDOWS SYSTEM SHDOCVW DLL HKCU O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Plugin for pdf C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for mov C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dllO - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www creative comO - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF FB -C - D - F- A C F mhLabel Class - http pcpitstop com mhLbl cabO - DPF A - B - CF- B - AA A F SurroundVideoCtrl Object - http activex microsoft com activex contr um MSSurVid cabO - DPF F F D D-E - D -B - C FB DiskHealth Class - http pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF E E- B C- D - - BD D AV Class - http pcpitstop com antivirus PCPAV CABO - DPF C E-CD - D -BBFB- A F D InstallShield International Setup Player - http www installengine com engine isetup cabO - DPF CBF - D F- E -AA - B E D - http download ebay com turbo lister US install cabO - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Con... Read more

A:correct version

Welcome to the forum. We are analyzing your log now and will have instructions soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23866/correct-version/
Relevancy 32.25%

My friend has Vista basic 32 bit and I would like to remove and reinstall all the Microsoft C++ redistributables on her system.

1. is this safe to do?

2. can somebody please tell me which ones to install and if there is a particular order I should follow?
FYI, I am hoping it will solve a "side by side" error she is getting.

A:What are the correct C++ redistributables?

Hello!

1: Not particularly. Trying to uninstall will likely make the problem worse. These redestributables do not need to be uninstalled. Just install them again, on top of the old installation, and the problem will be fixed if this is the root cause.

2: All of them. In the order they were released.

FYI: Side by Side? Relatively common problem. In theory at least, my speciality. Follow both of the below posts:

Hello!

This is one of the very worst error messages to receive, and could be almost impossible to fix. Primarily, try what Lorien has suggested above, in particular System Restore. If absolutely necessary:

? Download and install the following VC++ Redistributables in the following order: 2005; 2005 SP1; 2008; 2008 SP1, 2010

Web addresses:
1. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
2. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
3. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
4. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

? Install .Net Framework in the following order: 1.0 SP3; 1.1 SP1; 2.0 SP1; 3.0 SP1; 3.5 SP1, 4.0, Windows Installer 4.5

Web addresses:
1. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3
2. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
3. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)
4. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
5. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
6. Download details: Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

Now, restart your computer. Hope desperately that this has fixed your problem, otherwise things get seriously technical!

Richard

In theory at least, this problem can be corrected. There are two things that you must do.

STEP ONE:

Right, please run steps 1, 2A, 3 (about 15 minutes), 4, 5, and then Step 1 from the top yellow box, but only follow this last one if Integrity Violations were found. Please upload the new sfcdetails.txt from your Desktop. System Files - SFC Command

STEP TWO:

This step will be more helpful, but is more complex.

1: Get three different programs which all generate this error message lined up ready to run.

2: Open an elevated Command Prompt. Elevated Command Prompt

3: Type sxstrace trace -logfile:sxstrace.etl into the Command Prompt window, and press enter ONCE! Set it continue to log!

4: Start the first program. Let it generate the error message, and OK out of the error message. Once the program has closed, start the next program. Once this one has closed, start the last one. Make sure that all three generate an error. I need you to make absolutely sure that you do not run programs that work while logging!

5: Go back to the Command Prompt and press enter again to end the logging.

6: Type sxstrace parse -logfile:sxstrace.etl -outfile:%userprofile%\Desktop\sxstrace.txt and press enter.

Upload the file sxstrace.txt from your Desktop.

Please make sure to include both sfcdetails.txt, and sxstrace.txt in your next post.

Thanks!

Richard

Good luck!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/286542-what-correct-c-redistributables.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys , i just wanted to make sure that i am Buying right thing that will fully provide me ! since this Mobo has No onboard card it will be Greater option because i will run 6870 on it & i dont want any other ADDITIONAL thing on it ! & i want this mobo to let 6870 & phenom 965 BE , be fully Unlocked & do 100% great with no Bottleneck & great road for Speed Transfer from whole hardwares !

the mobo is : AMD 890 FX

i found this one too : ASRock 890FX DELUXE3 , but since ASROCK doesnt make High Quality mobos then i am not sure it will be great option ! greater than AMD 890 FX !

A:Correct mobo for CPU!

One good home run website i use for this sort of thing is this one:

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/index.html

Just input your board and it gives you the processors that are compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-mobo-for-cpu.158323/
Relevancy 32.25%

a switch is connected to a proxy server ---> firewall
----> router ---> then to the VPN .. i think that connection will be no problem... can the router that connected to the VPN .. pull another line to the modem .. and connect to the ISP ? and what router can do so ... or all the router ?

i dont know why the picture cant be clicked... and this is the link..

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=123jt2.jpg

do router hav fiber optic ports???

Relevancy 32.25%

would this fans connection work on a system fan connector ?

Fractal Design 140mm Silent Series R2 Case Fan | Ebuyer.com

if not what connector/adapter would i need to get

A:will this fan have the correct connection?

It's listed with a 3 pin connector. It doesn't appear to be a Molex type, so it should work.

If you want a PWM fan, though, look elsewhere. (Requires a 4 pin.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253400-will-fan-have-correct-connection.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I am having one heck of a problem. I bought a new computer ( Compaq,Windows XP edia Center Edition, 1 GB of ram, 250 GB harddrive).For a week I have been trying to install Norton Ghost 9 and even 10.I just can't get it. I have ran it for 4 years on my old computer but it was put in by a friend who is no longer around. I Partitioned some of the C Drive (25GB worth) using "Acronis Partition Expert" My questions are: How do I undo the Partion? (2) Should I use Partion Magic 8 and if so how do I install it? (3) I am wanting to use Norton Ghost 9 to ghost my computer, is that alright? I have epilespsy and I am all confused. Please help me somebody please.
Many thanks and God Bless.

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a Dell Optiplex 980 PC with OS Windows7. I have downloaded a grid in a pdf document ( basically triangles set in squares) there is a small square at the top of the document this is supposed to measure one inch on the screen; .this is to check the accuracy of the measurements when printed. It measures one and a half inches on my screen. I have saved it in word,in photoshop and as a pdf file but always the same problem so I am unable to print it correctly.Can you suggest a remedy.
Nita

A:correct sizing

What you see on your screen is NOT what is printed .. ???????
What are you printing that you need measurement accuracy ????

The size that is printed is determined by the ppi (pixels per inch) of the Image .....
.... The routine you are printing with .... And how you tell it to be printed ???
If the attached Circle/Square does not look round and square .... Your Display settings are wrong.

The "Default" Image size can be set in Photoshop (and others) but this does not control the way the image is displayed on you monitor. ..
and it still can be printed any physical size in most print routines.

What program are you printing with ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-sizing.1148482/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey all Today I noticed on the Intel website there's driver? the correct Is RST this a newer version of the Intel Rapid Storage driver see here http downloadcenter intel com Deta adType Drivers My problem is I'm not sure if this is the right RST driver for my pc I have an Asrock Pro Z mobo with a Hitachi HDD in AHCI mode running on Windows Pro bit Also I noticed that the driver in the link is an AHCI Is this the correct RST driver? version A while ago I installed a RST driver without checking if it's for RAID or AHCI I looked in the Device Manager and I saw Is this the correct RST driver? that the Storage controller seemed to have a Microsoft driver instead of Intel's RST That is when I thought and I could be wrong maybe I've installed the wrong RAID driver The IDE ATA ATAPI controller group showed that I have an Intel Series C Chipset SATA AHCI Controller If the driver in the link is the correct one for my pc is it safe to uninstall the old one and download the new version Thanks in advance John

A:Is this the correct RST driver?

Here is the link to the Intel automatic updater. It will scan your system and show any available updates.

I've used that on both my Gigabyte and ASRock Z77 Professional Fatal1ty motherboards.

Intel Download Center

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16805-correct-rst-driver.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I ve been fighting this for a few days but don t know what to do at this point I started having problems all of a sudden I don t remember exactly what but it showed up when I went to Am to know Infected, don't correct how open something and I received an quot Open With quot dialog box Everything I tried to open brought that up I had someone help me and found something in the registry to kill and I could open things again I tried a system restore going back to the oldest date it said it had Dec It tried but said it couldn t Tried Dec same failure Dec same failure Abandoned this and proceeded with other scans Am Infected, don't know how to correct I started running AVG in safe mode to kill quarantine viruses I did that then ran Malwarebytes in safe mode I then ran SuperAntiSpyware in safemode I tried to follow instructions and reboot after each of these I was doing much better and could actually use my computer again That was earlier today Then tonight in between things I searched for some sites about how to make a craft for someone After this I received a notice from AVG of a threat and that it was caught but I needed to close things and reboot I saved my work and rebooted as instructed After the reboot I tried to open Google Chrome and was met with an quot Open With quot dialog Argh I closed that and tried Firefox Nothing but after some time had passed it finally opened up but with file C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe in the address bar I typed in google com and was able to surf I opened IE once and it came up but Chrome won t I don t normally use IE Firefox was my main but am switching to Chrome Other symptoms My touchpad slidebar on the right side is not doing anything again since this last incident I have done tons of scans in the last day or two and I wonder if I can pull up those logs to help out in diagnosing I don t know If I go to Start gt Run gt Msconfig I get the quot Open With quot dialog box again When I try to open another page in Firefox I get an error box that says quot C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ff bin jqsnotify exe Application not found quot but then will open a browser When I go into the Control Panel and select System it gives me a quot C WINDOWS system fundll exe Application not found quot error box Information I am running Windows XP on a machine that I can t remember much about I tried to right click on the desktop to pull up properties but it won t even let me do that I purchased the machine from HP approximately yrs ago from HP and it was a pretty nice business class machine at the time It is an HP Compaq b notebook I don t know how to get more information than that right now Please help me figure out what I need to do I am trying to locate my restore cds so I can prepare to nuke this sucker out of existence and start over again clean and without frustration I m sick of all of this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433513/am-infected-dont-know-how-to-correct/
Relevancy 32.25%

can someone please show me the correct syntax for the AT function? if you know how to use this please show me a way besides what it shows you in DOS. i am trying to make a batch file that you execute and it will remind you to do certain things at certain times. i have already made sure the alerter and task scheduler services are running. thanks in advance

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi All
Abount 6 months ago I bought an oem version of XP home and reinstalled windows for a friend.
He has decided to reinstall Xp again and has lost the key.
To my knowledge once the key is lost he will have to purchase another copy of windows.
If he begs to microsoft will they give him another key. or is there another way?
BTW I cannot recover the key from original hard drive

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,
My desktop is an old Dell.
Pentium III 667 MHZ
L667R - Dimension
256 K memory & 128 K memory = 325 total
Computer runs slow, what is the correct caching I should use?
Thanks, madheart

Relevancy 32.25%

I've been doing a load of research and am I correct in think PIA.com uses Black listed IP addresses. Hence that?s the god damn reason I cant torrent. I've been at this for two days solid and my *** is killing me from being so numb. I can't get the torrent service up and running threw the Netherlands, Denmark or France.

I've been reading they use different ranges of IP Addresses and their are entire lists of them being blocked.

PIA and TORGuard dealing with the fallout of blocking IP Address Ranges from Companys like NetFlix ECT:

So basically I can't torrent at all with PIA from what I can tell.

A:WTF: Is this correct what I'm seeing hear with PIA.com ..

Never had issues using PIA with any tracker.

Media companies like Netflix and some sites, will look for known VPN IP ranges.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f155/wtf-correct-what-im-seeing-hear-pia-com-277235/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello Correct Startup? Everyone I m a bit concerned with my windows xp computer I ve had LOADS of spyware trouble with it in the past as a result I ve had to butchar the startup via MSCONFIG Since its my personal computer now and i m going to be doing some RAM upgrading tommorrow I m concerned that maby i dont have things in startup that should be there I want to make sure that I have a clean boot with all the files that should be there no more no less heres my HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Correct Startup? SP Running Correct Startup? processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system LxrSII Correct Startup? s exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF Yahoo Chat - http us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet c chat cab O - DPF Yahoo Fleet - http download games yahoo com games clients y fltt x cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF A D- F - D-B - B BDE FA MSN File Upload Control - http sc groups msn com controls FileUC MsnUpld cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - DPF F E CEF-A - C -BA E- CAF EE C MSN Chat Control - http fdl msn com public chat msnchat cab O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

hi, I have recently gathered the pc bits that I wanted and was wandering what psu rating i should be using? I have a 480w at the moment.

my system will be

abit IC7, 800fsb
pentium 4 sck 478 prescott 3.0e/ 800/ 1mb
n vidia a310 / 256MB graphics
dvd rw, cd rw
2xhard drives.

thanks, easystreet

A:CORRECT PSU for my package???

This PSU calculator should help. http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Remember wattage is not the only important rateing Amperage (A) on the 12V line is also extremely important. The psu should also be from a quality brand (Antec,Enermax,FSP,PC Power & Cooling,Seasonic) many cheep brands overrate their PSUs and lack protection circuicts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-psu-for-my-package.60523/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a PIII 533 CPU and an ABIT VA6 Motherboard. When booting it says PIII 266 CPU. I've gone into the "soft menu setup" and tried to correct it but then the computer won't boot. I get the error message "CPU has change..unworkable.." I've done all I could think of including reformatting my HD and updating all drivers for my VIA chipset. I ran Intel's Processor Frequency Utility and it says I have a 533/100 but its running at 265/66. I've had this problem for so long!! Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:CPU speed not correct

Very strange...

Your problem is at the hardware level (no need to reformat your HD or anything).

Has this happened since you've gotten this mobo/CPU, or have you done a BIOS update? Check for updates? Upgraded the CPU recently?

Im somewhat familer with ABIT boards... there is usually a problem that causes the MOBo to go to a default mode.

You may have to contact ABIT directly on this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-not-correct.86278/
Relevancy 32.25%

When I ran out of my CD/DVD correct marker, I used a extra fine point standard marker for a fresh burned CD disk, but then I can see a mirror image of my writing on the data side, but not dark only lite just like scratches are. So then does that effect the data integrity or not really ?