Windows Support Forum

Vaio Vertical black line

Q: Vaio Vertical black line

I have a vaio Z series notebook, and starting yesterday when I turned it on I had a small black vertical
black line maybe a quarter of an inch, today when I turned it on it is up the entire right side of my screen...Please help! I love my vaio notebook and dont want to loose it!!
Thank you for any assistance!!!
Widget2011

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vaio Vertical black line

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vaio Vertical black line

Hi

If you can it would be useful to connect the netbook to an external monitor. If it is no longer present (and I think it won't be but , then the problem is with the laptop screen. It is possible that it could also be the connection from the netbook MB to the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-vertical-black-line.983236/
Relevancy 24.08%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

A:White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB laptop and the screen is either black or very dark, sometimes at the right angle you can just see the graphics, This started after the 18mth old son hit the top of the screen yesterday. I have tried adjusting brightness without change, with an external monitor plugged in it works fine, which is OK if I'm working at home but no good when I'm out. I am thinking I'm going to have to change he screen or can you make any other suggestions?

A:Very dark or black laptop screen

Your son has probably damaged or loosened the screen inverter. That is what lights up the screen and is a separate part. It can be found under the screen bezel. I don't think that this will cost much to fix. If you DIY read up about the job first because removing the bezel (frame) needs to be done carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-dark-or-black-laptop-screen.208064/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 21.07%

Now I got a new problem on my dell Latitude E6410, I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and instal all upadates, its works fine, but when I plug in or plug out charger pin there is appear total black screen for a moment, I tried power settings and so many things about graphics but fail, if anyone have a solution then tell me, I'll be glad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-black-secreen-on-charging.207887/
Relevancy 21.5%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 21.93%

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 C
Graphics
VE205 ([email protected])
VE205 ([email protected])
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

A:2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I had this problem a DVD-R 7 Won't Windows Vaio read - couple months ago fixed it and am now facing the same problem again I have a Vaio Windows My CD DVD player isn t reading any of my DVD-R cds Whenever I put in a DVD-R cd autoplay comes up and it asks to format the cd I checked these DVDs and they work on other computers They re all burned DVD with files on them Before when this happened I tried many different things I Deleted upper lower filters -- Actually I didn t have upper or lower filters to delete System restored Deleted and updated drivers Finally found a post talking about creating a new key in the regedit NoCDburning After doing this it started working Fast forward three months later my cd dvd player won t read any Vaio Windows 7 - Won't read DVD-R of my DVD-R cds again I did the same things all over again System restored Deleted and updated re-installed drivers Ran Fixit Looked for upper lower filters -- not there Tried looking at the NoCDburning thing again -- deleted and repeated the steps and nothing is happening I don t want to reboot my computer because I already did a month ago and it just takes way too much time for me to reboot everything all over again I cleaned my CD player as well like most of you guys said before I know my drive is still working as it worked before after I fixed it I checked and the last time this happened was in June Since then the only new things I installed updated were CC Cleaner Itunes and some other programs I have Spybot as well Can someone please please please help me I ve been looking for an answer everywhere and I m running into the same answers Thank you nbsp

A:Vaio Windows 7 - Won't read DVD-R

Have you tried a a system file check to see if Windows can sort this issue out?
sfc /scannow (in admin mode.)
Also if you just explore the DVD do you see the list of files on it? Or is the DVD-R not 'seen' by Windows at all?
Or is the error only with the autoplay part? (Windows trying to help you choose a media player from whatever you have installed?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vaio-windows-7-wont-read-dvd-r.206920/
Relevancy 21.07%

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.

A:Titan black or GTX 780 + Quadro K4000 for 3d modeling/gaming

boagz said:

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.Click to expand...

As far as 3D modeling goes, the biggest thing you will need is ram on the card for the blender and 3D modeling aspect. Some programs are specifically limited to the Quaddro series of cards which means you will have to check if the programs you use will work with any GPU.

Basically, I would say either just get a 780ti 6gb edition (Being released this month I believe) if your programs will all work fine on the GTX series of cards. Or if that won't work, you should be fine with the 780 and grabbing a Quaddro series card to go with it. I would say only get Titan black if you really need the extra compute performance it brings because otherwise its expensive and still would end up being better in my book just getting an K4000 with your 780 since you already own the 780.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/titan-black-or-gtx-780-quadro-k4000-for-3d-modeling-gaming.201518/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 21.5%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am looking into getting a phone in-line noise filter for my 56K modem line (NOT DSL). But I'm not sure how well these things work.

I contacted the phone company and they recommended to get one to try, if it works. The "noise" is not coming from the house line, it is from the line in the street that can't be fixed (Says the AT&T/Verizon).

So a phone line noise filter is my option right now. How well do these things work?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-line-noise-filter.202826/
Relevancy 21.93%

Earlier I was surfing when the monitor went black & the laptop shut down. Simple as that/ I booted it up & no problems till a few minutes ago it happened again. Both times I had two tabs open. I'm going to save what needed in case I do a factory restore.` Vista Home Premium

A:Black screen twice on my Vista

Overheating..? Download Speedfan and tell us temps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I start up my laptop I have this white line on the side of my screen and the rest of the screen is black
I've tried pressing f12 when the laptop turns on but it doesn't work

A:White line

Hi,

What laptop do you have? It would be much helpful to anyone here who might be able to help if you could provide more additional information about your laptop and other specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-line.202185/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I just finished a new build and am having a strange issue with my monitor and am at a loss The monitor will randomly just go black power stays on pc is still running fine its done it mid game as well as just sitting idle I have disabled sleep modes The new build is a a k and a asus a x - plus mobo radeon r gamer series ram MHz WD black gig hd raidmax watt PSU Now if I hook monitor up to my old video card radeon hd I have no out goes Monitor black of ideas issues but when I plug it into the motherboards VGA I have problems Now here is whats giving me problems I have hooked my wifes monitor into my new computer her monitor works fine with the onboard vga and my monitor works fine on her pc Also if I plug my tv into onboard hdmi I have no issues I would test dvi but I don t have a converter I do have updated bios and drivers and am running windows Things I have tried so far reinstalled windows and all drivers swapped monitors tried separate gpu adjusted refresh rate tried hdmi my tv instead of monitor instead of vga so far the only issue I can come up with Monitor goes black out of ideas is maybe my monitor is just not compatible for some reason Monitor and a AOC swl btw which from what ive managed to find about it there shouldn Monitor goes black out of ideas t be any compatability issues nbsp

A:Monitor goes black out of ideas

Did you ever figure this issue out? I'm having the exact same symptoms with my beautiful Dell 27" LED screen, but unfortunately, I'm starting to believe it's the monitor, which is just over the one year warranty. The sad part is, I was having this problem for over six months now, and had switched to the VGA cable to avoid the issue when it first started happening, but finally tried to troubleshoot it now, and I'm discovering that it may be a hardware issue and if I would have done something when it started, it was still under warranty.

Anyway, the only thing I haven't ruled out yet is the DVI cable, as that is still a possibility, however it seems unlikely that a DVI cable would go bad by itself after a few months of use. And looking at the cable, I see no signs of damage or broken/bent pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-out-of-ideas.202016/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi everyone, I need your help urgently!

I have sony Vaio laptop which has been working well. Recently its charger had a minor explosion and broke (it happened when I plug it in to the outlet as usual). So I replaced it with a new one. However, the light on the new charger was blinking whenever I plug it into the laptop and turned solid again when I unplug it.

Could you please help me fix this? All my assignments and works are in this laptop and I need it very soon.

Thank you

Ps. I have tried removing the battery and it still doesn't work. Also I won't be able to try another charger.

A:Sony Vaio Charger light blinking, won't turn on

I'm sorry to say but sounds to me like something got fried and that it might never start again. Even tho I can't say for sure without seeing the machine. Anyways, I would recommend to wait and see if some one else would have something smart to come up with on what and how to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-charger-light-blinking-wont-turn-on.201589/
Relevancy 21.5%

Guys plz help me..ma dad wont let me game..so I cnt upgrade ma pc..I myself cn afford a pci vga..cn it run latest games?

A:Can I play Black Ops 2 on a PCI card like Nvidia 6200?

If that's your graphics card, then the rest of the system must be ancient. I'm gonna go with 'NO'.

To test: download Steam and Team Fortress 2. Turn resolution and all settings to minimum. Does the game run acceptably?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-black-ops-2-on-a-pci-card-like-nvidia-6200.201428/
Relevancy 20.21%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all,

Hey so I bought a new SSD since my T13 has an empty HDD slot and to my surprise it doesn't even fit.....
I bought the laptop with an SSD already installed, is there any way to have 2 SSD's installed for this laptop?
If so, would I have to get an adapter?
The SSD I bought is 7mm and 2.5", I thought it would have been compatible......

Anywho any solutions/help would be greatly appreciated..... I tried googling this problem but have not found any solutions.

A:Samsung 840 SSD won't fit into my Vaio T13

Most laptops don't have 2 drive bays. What are you looking to do with the 2nd SSD? RAID it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-840-ssd-wont-fit-into-my-vaio-t13.190135/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a prob,whit a geforce 8800 gts 512mb.

I got it from a secondhand site and all was alright till I started to overclock

Nothing big,oc at 16% and the temp was 60*C wich aint so high.But when I started the pc next day,I got only black screen,no bios no safe mod no nothing.

I have a
pentium D 805 2.66
gigabyte ga-8i945pl-g as mobo
500 mb ram drr II/ 4 slotsX 500=2gb
acopia dual fan it-25f2 -psu

I know the mobo aint dead cuz I tested with my other gpu,and it worked
Did a bios reset-still black screen
changed the ram position
tried with other monitor
dvi-vga adapter works(I tested on the other gpu)
Nothing worked

I noticed that now when I start the pc,the gpu fan speed doesn't change I mean its at 100% but when I had a image on the screen at the start up,the fan speed was at 100% only for 3 sec,then it changed lets say at 50% after those 3 sec.

should I try the bake fix or its a certain dead card?

Sry for my spelling mistakes hope u can give me an answer cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-startup-8800-gts.199989/
Relevancy 23.65%

Operating System Windows Home Premium A few months ago I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation and INSTEN mm Stereo to RCA Cable M F Inch Cm Black With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation through the Audio In jack on my computer This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back This has worked fine until February rd On February nd I had changed my W power supply for a W power supply Problem "In Audio Line" That day everything worked perfectly however the next day I heard a "In Line" Audio Problem humming and the sound was messed up I found out the cause was the power supply I changed out the new power supply for my old one Now my audio "In Line" Audio Problem is messed up I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound If I have the speaker volume set to I can hear the sound fine but only in the left speaker Any higher I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled The other problem is I can t play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in Also the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager If there is anything that I need to add let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-line-audio-problem.199925/
Relevancy 27.95%

Set up a wireless connection, got my other 2 comps working but on my sony vaio laptop, the internet explorer won't come up. I choose detect problem and it said something about putting proxy settings in, not sure what to do. can someone help?!

A:Sony VAIO won't connect to Internet

Follow this similar steps, for only first two steps. http://www.usproxy.tv/setup.html

You can chose to put your proxy stuff in there, or you can set it as no proxy, but remember to check the box of "Automatically detect settings".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-wont-connect-to-internet.168226/
Relevancy 21.5%

I bought a Sapphire HD graphics card card screen Black new with (almost) graphics about months ago Everything worked fine until one day ago when I booted up my computer everything booted up Black screen with (almost) new graphics card Fans Lights amp No system beeping But I was only getting a black screen with occasional small white flashes I tried booting with multiple displays and multiple ports nothing worked I also tried changing my bios settings also with no luck the on-board graphics work fine when the graphics card is removed from the PC My power supply is a W which is more than enough Again Everything worked fine until that day I doubt anything is damaged I handle everything in my PC with extreme care And yes all of the AMD drivers are installed I will try to reply to any questions asap I m sorry if I don t reply quickly I have a very busy schedule Any help on this issue would be VERY much appreciated Some PC Specs listed Black screen with (almost) new graphics card below Lenovo idea centre K Watt new power supply Intel th Generation Core i gb system RAM Not shure about the motherboard type nbsp Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-almost-new-graphics-card.198269/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi
I get this DSL line into my house. It goes to the "DSL" connection on a Thomson TG546v-v7 Gateway. Then, a LAN cable goes from the "Ethernet" 1 connection on the Gateway to the "Internet" connection on a Linksys WRT54GH Router. The Internet Connection Type on the Router is set up as Static IP.

I'v read that the Gateway is to communicate between different network layers.
But would it be possible to set the Gateway up as a Router also?

When I connect my PC to the Ethernet connection on the Gateway, I get no IP and stuff, making it impossible to access the Gateway. How can I access a Gateway, without knowing IP?

Hope you can help me eliminate the Linksys Router, and get the Gateway to work as a router also

A:DSL line - Gateway - Router - PC (internet)

Hey SirBlaBla. Your Thompson gateway is a combo DSL modem and wired mode router. Just connect your pc to one of the 4 LAN ports on the Thompson. You might have to call your ISP if specific settings need to be changed because you are using DSL. If your phone service comes in over this DSL line, make sure you use a splitter to split the signal, with one side going to the Thomson, and the other side going to your phone. If used in this way, make sure you use a DSL filter after the splitter on the line that goes to your phone so it removes the DSL signal from reaching your phone. This Thompson unit does not have wireless capability, so all pc's must be connected by Ethernet cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-line-gateway-router-pc-internet.197068/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey, my name is Dazz. I am pretty new here and have just built a new PC, I have connected all the parts of the PC up correctly and seem to be having problems on startup. I hear the general kick into life startup but when I look at my monitor it is completely black, no startup screen. Doesnt even turn on, the light on the monitor is set to 'standby' straight away. I have no idea what the problem is at all.

Any ideas what it might be?

P.s.
I am using Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, 750W ATX PSU, Corsair Dominator 4GB Phenom II x6, and a Prolite E2208HDS monitor

A:GeForce GTX 690 black screen issue

The real question I have is why you are pairing a GTX 690 with a Phenom X6 and 4GB of RAM!

Jokes aside, does the GPU fan spin when you startup the PC? Is it properly seated on the PCIe port? Is there a power connection to the GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-690-black-screen-issue.196993/
Relevancy 27.09%

hello guyz.
I transfer my desktop PC into a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 .
recently I need strongly to record stream internet sounds.
I used "sony sound forge" and "system recorder" and another known programs but I can't reach to my destination.
recorded sounds quality is very low because this files recorded with microphone and I didn't want this.
my laptop soundcard has no "line in" or something related with this .
(in winxp with my pc I record my files with "LINE In" a lot of times".)
Now , how I can record stream files such as songs or other with best quality with a trick or program?

A:Line in recording problem in Toshiba laptop

Hi,
I know its a long time ago, but I have the same problem - did you get any response to this post and were you able to fix this issue?
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-recording-problem-in-toshiba-laptop.184408/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a T line at the small school I work at maximum of computers I ran line work T1 very at slow a speed test and received a Mbps I ran the same test at home and received a Mbps on a cable connection When T1 line very slow at work I ran the test at work there were only other people on a computer The school pays for the T line Part of that could be payment for actually running the line I think the connection hub was miles away We are in a remote part of PA so future options could be limited From what I know the overall Mbps is So if we have computers on the network does it work like this Mbps Mbps each Is T that slow I thought T was a good connection Has it just become old and outdated Why is it that years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T and we can t run a maximum of computers on it now nbsp

A:T1 line very slow at work

You should be asking your ISP these questions.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I will state my two cents. I think all the machines on the network uses what is known as timeshare. If only one machine needs access then all the bandwidth is alloted to this one machine. But if two machines need access, time is shared between the two machines. Timeshare is split between machines making data request. Once a machine is no longer sending data request, there is no need in timeshare being alloted for the machine. In other words there is no specific set speed for each machine on the network. Network traffic is controlled by how many machines are making network request at any given time.

Hallo104 said:

Why is it that 10 years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T1 and we can't run a maximum of 30 computers on it now?Click to expand...

This phenomenon you mention is the Internet evolving and requiring more bandwidth as it progresses. The Internet 10 years ago wasn't bloated with as many high bandwidth websites. Dial-up was probably still common and fully functional back then. I'd hate to even make a connection with Dial-up now, it would probably take 4 minutes, for a single web-page to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t1-line-very-slow-at-work.195746/
Relevancy 33.97%

Greetings I have a problem with my LED monitor and I m not sure where should this be posted either as hardware or software so I put it here The thing goes as follow I bought a samsung syncmaster SA LED monitor for my pc about a year and a half ago and so is now out of guarantee I havent had problems with it previously but recently vertical SA300 LED Flashing monitor samsung lines on flashing white stripes have started appearing on the display particularly when the monitor is showing black or dark colors and when I Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 just turned it on Also it s been getting Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 worse as time passes first it would only happen on first few seconds after turning it on but now it happens whenever dark colors are abundant on the screen wich makes me think this could be my monitor telling me it s about to die I would really apreciate if you could help me sort this out and if this is in fact a hardware issue if repairing is viable possible and it won t cost me more than half of the monitor original cost or if I should start saving for a new one crap I do recall having read on some tech magazine that LED monitors are more quot repairable quot than CRT and LCD ones so I can only hope it s not something bad Thank you very much in advance for whatever time and help you can provide me for my problem nbsp

A:Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300

Did you get this solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-vertical-lines-on-samsung-led-monitor-sa300.194974/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey all having some graphics card problems and would appreciate any help I built two identical computers for my parents from spare driver? graphics screen after installing Black parts and some new components just to give them something to use until they can buy something newer Both work fine with the onboard graphics but video Black screen after installing graphics driver? play back Black screen after installing graphics driver? performance is obviously low very choppy Trying to install an upgraded graphics card and does the same thing in both systems System specs Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP home SP GHz Pentium GB ram Onboard graphics is Black screen after installing graphics driver? Intel G Graphics card I m trying to install is a PNY VCG APG This is a Nvidia Geforce card ddr mb x AGP interface Should mention the card was new last winter and hasn t been installed in any other PC s When I install the card and boot up it shows the specs of the graphics card in the upper left corner Goes through the normal bios and windows boot screens Windows opens in a low res graphics mode says found new hardware etc etc loads nvidia driver from windows update and prompts a reboot After the reboot it goes through the load screens again and shows the windows boot screen with the progress bar for about seconds then just goes black Monitor says quot no signal quot and goes into stand by If I restart in safe mode I get a signal back and can open windows but in low res of course Tried updating driver with the newest one from nvidia s website and no go Does the same thing All other drivers on the system are up to date Tried going into the bios setup too integrated devices-- gt primary video controller gives option for quot auto quot or quot AGP quot when the card is plugged in With the card removed it gives quot auto quot or quot onboard quot options Tried setting it to AGP and still nothing Help nbsp

A:Black screen after installing graphics driver?

Did you get this fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-graphics-driver.194843/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys, I need some help, I wanna play LoL but I'm having a problem because the game freezes, the screen goes black and all I can hear is the sound of it.
I play on a pc with Windows Vista Business 32bit/ 2GB RAM/Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.0GHZ/ NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400.
I can't seem to get the proper drivers though, because the nvidia website says there are none available for this graphic card.. Ideas anyone??

A:Game freezes, the screen goes black

I would either get a new graphics card or try lowering the settings as soon as you appears in a game. Change your resolution all the way down and make sure shadows and everything else is on low or very low and sound off if you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-the-screen-goes-black.190016/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all you black screen - playing sounds Notebook sys spotties out there can someone help me please my Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing sons notebook an HP G -b sg with core i amd mobility g running win ultimate has a heat-problem shutting down frequently when gaming I tried to clean it could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble dismantle the machine without destroying it thank you HP well long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent cleaned it with vacuumcleaner so far so good I installed win on clean formatted hdd installed all Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing drivers needed started up the da thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing that little quot I finished starting bleep quot tried everything no way the display would light up installed os again on oncemore formatted hdd now it s telling me that it can not identify the grafics stops installing driver from HP homepage and any other driver Lan touchpad sound is in that notebooks quot mind quot already installed they are not it was all clean cause formatted if I just install win and nothing else everything is fine well it s not - because I can Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing not access internet and video playback stutters but the display lights up What am I doing wrong or is the thing just broken down due to heat warranty was void before I cut the vent as it is and a half years old any suggestions anyone hope you get what I am trying to say I m from germany and not a native speaker writer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-screen-black-sys-sounds-playing.195083/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hiya,

I recently bought a WD Black 1TB, along with a SATA3 PCIe card. It worked fine for a few days, then suddenly Windows wouldn't boot - hung on 'loading'.

I yanked the new drive, Win loaded fine. I added it again (hot plug ability on SATA3 card), Device Manager immediately shows it. My Computer (explorer.exe) hangs, Disk Management doesn't even load. WD drive software also hangs with the drive plugged in. Sometimes, the drive appears in My Computer, however with no partition information (still hung).

Tried with/without the SATA card, tried using mobo slots, tried moving boot drive around. Seems like the new drive has lost the partition table, or something similar.

Any other ideas to try? Since I live in Australia (and a non-capital-city), my returns process is expensive.

A:Failing 1TB WD Black

I really wish I could help. But, it seems you've already tried what I'd recommend. I'm just going throw out some ideas.

Does the drive pop up in bios? If so, I'd run it through a diag program outside of windows to either try and repair or save the data.

Try formatting the drive and see if that makes a difference. I hope this isn't a trend with WD drives. As, I recently purchased a 1TB WD black myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failing-1tb-wd-black.194791/
Relevancy 27.95%

If you see this in the image below you know time to send the monitor back to the maker for repair or replacement if it's still under warranty? If not the then it needs to be replaced. Image re-sized to fit here.

A:Yellow Line In the Monitor

It looks like the monitor is damaged, though to make sure, I would try your PC with a different monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yellow-line-in-the-monitor.194373/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

My SONY VAIO VGN-TX3XP has been my business PC for a while.
Recently, I got it back into business, but I noticed that it is extremely slow.

I do not care of the data already there (have been moved to other PCs) but I really need to have this one working in a proper way. Well at least not have the IE open after 4-5 minutes after pressing the IE icon.

Is there a way to figure out what slows it down, as well as fix what ever can be fixed?

Thank you in advance,
DIONYSIS

A:My Sony VAIO is getting slower and slower

Yes I'm starting to think these are not a great comp at all!, I brought a brand new sony vaio laptop which is top end of the market. and it also take 2-3mins for explorer to start, the operating system takes atleast 3-5mins before you can do anything, other than that it just frozen. No viruses, running windows 8. but I have an old pent 4 , 2.8 dual processor running xp that flogs the arse off it.
I found this on another site to see if there is any conflicts with explorer.
run cmd and type sfc /scannow
and let it run.
cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sony-vaio-is-getting-slower-and-slower.183680/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn t have what I have going on So a few weeks ago I m playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode x Hz I never seen this ever So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen People told me it s my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked Now I didn t use the screen long just a few minutes but I m going crazy with playing when screen game. a Black out my GAMES nbsp

A:Black screen when playing a game.

What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-a-game.192890/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey multiple Black screen with video playback guys I have been trying to figure out this problem but with no avail so any advice is greaty appreciated Basically the problem occurs when running any type of Black screen with multiple video playback game wow and ffxi to name a few but occurs with everyone and then tab out to wither youtube fraps and the like the screen goes totally black and I must restart the computer Ive wiped the HD several times and have redone even to the most basic setup and it still occurs Specs are as follows Motherboard Asus maximus v extreme Intel i k gb Corsair Vengeance gb SSD w PSU x ASUS Radeon HD gb Ive made sure all drivers are up to date I have run memtest on both sticks of ram and they seem to pass with no errors when only video card is plugged in Black screen with multiple video playback I have no problems it seems to have something to do when they are crossfired I ve tried different bridges and still same result nbsp

A:Black screen with multiple video playback

Sounds like we have the same thing going on. Does your screen have any windows poop up? mine does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-multiple-video-playback.192857/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have an Asus laptop that is almost brand new but without warning the screen will go black. When I restart it, Windows doesn't recover from a serious error or anything. I've checked the battery and that isn't the problem. I've run virus scans and they turn up nothing and I have no other issues with the computer. Thanks in advance guys. Let me know what I have to do.

A:My laptop screen goes black at random

Completely black? like the screen turned off? or does it get really dim? have you dropped it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-screen-goes-black-at-random.192726/
Relevancy 18.92%

I m running the latest version of Firefox along Firefox The it Rolling Stones,"Paint Does Black"..Literally! with the extensions quot Video Download Helper quot amp quot NoScript quot This is on a G IGP Intel board w GBs of system RAM After perhaps tabs are open FF will black out when scrolling black out tabs or entire window sets and finally crash My other quot art collector machine quot P- GBs of DDR same browser but only quot NoScript quot Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! will open literally hundreds without complaint Although at some point I suppose Firefox does simply get grossed out and exits Anyway the color value of pure black is So it seems to me that Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! a some point the color management can no longer retain the color information necessary and the registers go to zero So my guess is it s acting like it s running out of Vram Yes there s a question in here somewhere Have any of you experienced this Or do any of you think a discreet graphics card might help Or perhaps more importantly do any of you agree or disagree with my diagnosis nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-does-the-rolling-stones-paint-it-black-literally.192696/
Relevancy 27.09%

There is a flashing line or something at the top 1/8 of the screen on my Inspiron E1505. This usually comes out only when I'm watching videos online, like on youtube. However the weird thing is it doesn't happen at all when I watch videos I downloaded and watch with windows media player home edition. Can anyone help?

A:Really weird flashing line laptop screen problem

What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-weird-flashing-line-laptop-screen-problem.192353/
Relevancy 26.23%

Guys.my frnd has a broadband line 360kb=45KB.With this line can easily see the youtube videos in 480p.just gets buffer for 1-3 sec and no buffer next 3-4 minitues.I have 512kb=64KB line where it is almost impossible for me to watch video in 360p.I usually see in 240p.I get this speed constant always.I m amazed to see it.
Do u guys,have any explanation of this problem?
Thankss

A:No buffer in YouTube 480p video in 360kb broadband line but in 512kb Wimax

Other people on your home network, or your ISP sucks and isn't providing you with adequate speeds as advertised, or something on your PC is sucking down all bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-buffer-in-youtube-480p-video-in-360kb-broadband-line-but-in-512kb-wimax.191529/
Relevancy 21.5%

Can someone tell me if this cpu works on a Biostar mobo MCP6P-M2+,
I believe it wil but need some reassurance before I do the swap. Understand that BIOS needs upgrading, The Biostar site shows that this will accept either the 2+ or 3+ processor, and that it is 125 watts power. Please advise before I make a wrong move.

A:AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition CPU upgrade

Biostar website doesn't actually list that CPU as supported. It also says that 95W CPU's max are recommended, while your CPU of choice is 125W.

I don't think it'll work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-ii-x4-965-black-edition-cpu-upgrade.191355/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am working on a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. The issue being the monitor would randomly go black during BIOS, it works fine with an external monitor, so I figured it was the inverter. I bought and replaced it, now it stays on longer but still goes black, unless I hold the button down that tells the laptop the screen is closed for a few seconds then release, after that it will either go black again, or stay on for indefinitely until a reboot then the problem repeats itself. Is this a monitor issue or a problem with the close button itself? Thanks for any help!

A:Monitor goes black

Could it be an issue with the GPU do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.191484/
Relevancy 27.95%

I am having a strange issue with a Sony netbook (VPCM12M1E) in that the keyboard seems to have a mind of its own, it used to be an intermittent issue but is more prevalent now. The issue is that if I try to type it enters the letters in capitals, if I press CapsLock it goes back to lower case letters. If I use the numbers, ie. 1234567890 they come out as !"$%^&*(), whatever I do with CapsLock or NumLock. If I try \,./ I get |<>? However if I boot into safe mode it all seems to work fine.
So far I have restored back to factory, reloaded the drivers for the keyboard and pulled my hair out and there isn't too much left now. Have any of you guys any words of wisdom for me

A:Sony Vaio keyboard issue

The replacement keyboards are not expensive. Try a new keyboard. Other than this, the motherboard may be the cause

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-keyboard-issue.190786/
Relevancy 27.09%

So my laptop has started to freeze a minute or two after start up even though it was working fine a few hours ago hours laptop working fine freezes up, after a VAIO start Sony was few ago I was sat talking to a Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago friend over facebook chat when my laptop started screaming with a really high pitched noise I had Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago to turn it off to stop it When I restarted it and booted it back up it said it was defragging something Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago it was a while ago and I cant remember what it said after that I logged in and now it freezes after a couple of minuets I ve tried system restoring it and using the built in memory repair and it still wont work However once I disabled all the non microsoft services it boots up and doesnt freeze untill I try to open a program I can start it in safe mode but thats about it I ve spent the past couple of hours searching for a solution but can t find one so ay help will be much appritiated I m using my Xbox to access the internet at the moment but I can turn on my laptop incase anyone has a possible solution nbsp

A:Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago

Try running Memtest86 a few times and tell me if any errors come up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-freezes-after-start-up-was-working-fine-a-few-hours-ago.191245/
Relevancy 21.93%

I work in an office with about 15 people. I want people to print in black and white by default. Any way to do this?

Most people are using Windows 7.

Is there a way to just print in black and white for firefox? I can't figure that out either.

A:Printing in black and white?

For each machine;

go to the default printer
get the properties
look for the Print Gray Scale choice
set and save it
If the print driver doesn't have the option, then you're out of luck.

Once set, ALL applications will get this default, but can get color again by using the printer options;
eg <ctl>P in the application, -> Properties -> select B&W vs Color

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-in-black-and-white.190832/
Relevancy 21.07%

I powered down the machine yesterday (Shut Down) and now this morning the computer will not boot.
When I try to boot the machine the BIOS screen does not appear, the HD light flickers on but then stays off. All other lights on the machine are on as normal. The fan kicks in within 30 seconds and sounds like it's running at maximum revs.
I did a hard reset and reseated the HD and the RAM and replaced the RTC battery without fixing the issue.
I will disassemble the unit and make sure the fan is not clogged, in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts ?
TIA
Arfer

A:HP Pavillion DV6700 will not start, no BIOS screen just black

The motherboard has probably failed do to consistent overheating over time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-will-not-start-no-bios-screen-just-black.189056/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys I ve been searching recently and I found that thread My problem is kinda the same My video card GeForce GTX ti doesn t work It IS functioning its cooler with video screen The same black problem old the card is always on but it isn t showing any image just a black screen My motherboard yup I m brazilian Hope you guys understand what s on the page with the help of Google Translator or something like that is one of the poorest I ve ever seen I totally regret buying it in - but it was so cheap I have one more problem I haven t bought a real power supply yet I m with a nominal one W and NVidia tells me that the minimum requirement of W s is My question is Will I have to buy a new MB to get my video card running I m probably going to buy a whole new Desktop Computer already with GeForce Series if there s no saving to my actual MB nbsp

A:The same old problem with the black screen video card

UM you'll need a new quality power supply and have you moved the video cable to the new video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-same-old-problem-with-the-black-screen-video-card.189276/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E which is experience some major problems at the moment.
Firstly, I get 'nvlddmkm' problem about every 10mins or thereabouts which causes the screen to lock, go fuzzy, blank the screen and then revive and become functional again.

This can eventually, or straight away, lead to a total fuzzy screen lock-up where I simply have to hit the off button to restart the computer.
This is also interspersed by various other screens such as those below; mixed pages, blue screen, which seem to have come from the Matrix.

The computer is about four years old and the front left of it can get very hot.
Is it just knackered?
Would a re-format and re-install do the trick?

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers,
Tom.

A:Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

The Nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard is probably over heating. The CPU/GPU cooling port may be clogged with dust or the thermal pads or paste need to be cleaned and replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sony-vaio-problems-graphically-freezes-blue-screens-etc.189216/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey I m not sure where to start but a while ago I bought a desktop and a monitor and they are black Screen after card a installing graphics goes while after new Desk Top Newegg com - Acer Aspire AX -UR P PT SG P Desktop PC Athlon II X GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce SE Windows Home Premium -Bit Monitor newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E But the graphics card that came Screen goes black after a while after installing new graphics card with the computer sucked it simply doesn t support D games So I went ahead and bought this graphics card Graphics Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N SL- GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Here note that the maximum power my computer has is W but the graphics card needs at least W for it to run So I bought this power supply unit Power Supply Newegg com - Antec VP- W ATX V v Power Supply Here s the story After I bought my computer and the monitor I bought the graphics card It took me a while to figure out how to install it but I worked my way out and installed it So I followed the general guide to installing graphics card remove driver first install card the computer didn t have a card so the pci slots were empty then I started my computer and tried to install the new driver with the disc that came with the graphics card The first time it went so well that I thought it s gonna work but after a while the screen suddenly goes back and on the top right corner it says quot VGA then DVI quot It s the screen you get when the monitor isn t plugged into a desktop So after that I went to look at my computer and the card and I found out the card needs more power it needs W but the computer has W So I bought a W power supply unit also took me a while because my case is micro ATX board I have to leave the power supply unit outside the case So after I installed the power supply and the graphics card the first time trying to install the driver also went pretty smooth but the screen then went black after a while So I m wondering what exactly I should do I m pretty sure the power supply is working Atm I m using the power supply but not the card and I can run my computer fine Addition details When I tried to uninstall the original graphics card driver it kept automatically installing itself when I restart Could that be why But after I uninstalled it I switched to the VGA port on the new graphics card but it still didn t work I have my directx updated to version Please if you re confused about anything I said tell me which part you didn t understand and I ll try my best to describe it Thank you for your time Ads by Google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-after-a-while-after-installing-new-graphics-card.188703/
Relevancy 21.5%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently built my new computer and have been having problems with the graphics card. My computer runs fine on my i5 graphics but I want better graphics so I purchased a Saphire Radeon 7850. When I plugged it into my motherboard and plugged in the power I then turned on the computer. Everything was working fine. The fans on the graphics card began to spin. and I could here windows being booted. The problem was the screen was black. Nothing was showing up and my monitor went on sleep mode. I turned off my computer and un-plugged in the power sorce of the graphics card and tried to turn on the computer and it worked fine. The monitor worked and everything was good. If anyone could help it would be greatly appriciated!

A:Black screen when graphics card plugged in

Did you plug the monitor cable into the back of the actual graphics card, or is it still in the motherboard port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-graphics-card-plugged-in.188481/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I need some help pls.On the screen appeared some vertical lines and the computer goes very slow and pictures make waves when I move them.Also games go pretty bad with the exception of World of Warcraft that does not work at all and says "failed to find a suitable display device "

Windows XP Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
Motherboard: Micro-Star | | MS-7255
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 15 GiB total, 0,708 GiB free.
D: is FIXED (NTFS) - 218 GiB total, 72,918 GiB free.
E: is CDROM ()

A:Display issues, vertical lines and other distortions

First things first, have you tried reinstalling/updating your video card drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-issues-vertical-lines-and-other-distortions.184867/
Relevancy 21.5%

So after few days me and my friend we where playing dead island. Then suddenly my screen went black but still I can hear sound of the game only. Then that smell came from my desktop like something was burned I don't know what but it seems from power supply because I tested again I turned back on game and waited for few minutes and the smell was coming like from power supply what I have tested now is counter strike 1.6 battlefield bad company 2 it works But like world of warcraft or dead island garrys mod and probably other games don't work
My pc spec are
*CPU:Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz
*GPU:GTX260
*RAM:4GB
*Hard drive:1TB
*Power Suppply:700W
I just don't know what do to

Some people saying that I need to replace new power supply and later on new graphic card

A:After starting game my monitor goes black

What is the make of your power supply? A bad power supply will cause all kinds of issues and if you are not careful will damage other hardware components. Remove said power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-starting-game-my-monitor-goes-black.184871/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have made a mistake in my computer and I do not know what I did or where I did it to create the screen to become black when I go to a second screen. I can open a website fine, but when I go to a second page it comes up black with only very light grey printing. Can someone walk me through changing this back from black to a more readable color?
Oh, I forgot to tell that I have Windows 7 on this laptop.

A:Opening second page comes up black

Are you talking about an external monitor connected to the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opening-second-page-comes-up-black.184086/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve had my computer and monitor for about My black went monitor computer years My monitor is a quot Hannspree HF I have never had any complaints with it till My computer monitor went black now My daughter was on it yesterday and she said it would flicker black then just black out She shut down the monitor My computer monitor went black and turned it back on and it seemed to fix the problem It kept doing that for a while and increasing in frequency every time she did it My computer monitor went black so she got fed up with it and just shut the whole computer off I went on it today and the monitor would not even come to the main screen The power light turned on but when I would shut it off I could hear a high frequency noise like electric current running to the back of it The noise would quit when I turned the monitor back on but it remained black I tried unplugging everything and cleaned all the plugs and connections still no go I tried hooking up my old monitor and it works fine even with the same cords Is my Hannspree monitor shot or is there something I can do to reboot it or get it to work again nbsp

A:My computer monitor went black

From the information you've provided, my first guess would be that your monitor is shot.
you could try using a different (but still compatible) power cable for the monitor, but I doubt that'd do anything.
I also doubt it's your GPU playing up, because as you mentioned, It works fine with a different monitor.
you may want to look into getting a new monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-monitor-went-black.183515/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
I'd appreciate any advice on where to start with this problem.
My Toshiba Satellite Laptop (SA60-108) when powered on has no display at all - no POST messages or splash screens etc - no hdd lights activity 0nly the green power on & plugged in light. Will try to load my boot up cd but still doesn't display anything. Is this just the end of the road for the screen? Thanks for looking.

A:Black screen at power on

Perhaps the screen but I would put my money on the gpu. Does it make any sounds when you power it on?

Also, plug a monitor into it and see if you get anything on the monitor. If you do then I'd say it was the screen that was bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-at-power-on.182479/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Gateway laptop model number 400VTX. Goodness, I must have gotten it early 2000's some time while I was in college. It worked fine up until last year. I was watching a movie on it that I was streaming from the internet. In the middle of the movie the screen went black. I have tried restarting it. When it starts it sounds like it is searching the cd drive for a disk. The lights on the bottom half/keyboard come on. The screen stays black. I am not sure if I need to take it in or if I can fix it myself. Any help you can offer?

Thanks.

A:Gateway laptop black screen

Can you try connecting an external monitor and see if you get video? If you do, the LCD display is the problem (inverter, backlight, LCD panel or cables). If you still get no video, the motherboard may be the cause

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-black-screen.182309/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello All I ve recently been inspired to work on my Dell Studio laptop that from what I believe is infected with a very nasty virus rootkit even Symptoms and issues and progress I can make are Computer will turn on and load the startup screen where F or F may be pressed to virus?) black (hangs, not Computer boot screen, will change boot or enter BIOS I cannot enter safe mode I m given no option to do so throughout the loading process However I can select how I would like to boot from F or enter BIOS setup by pressing F If I Computer will not boot (hangs, black screen, virus?) try to boot from my HD it enters a black screen where it hangs Nothing If I try to boot from a CD in the DVD drive it starts loading but hangs mid-startup Nothing If I try to boot from a USB drive it hangs Nothing What I have tried to do to outsmart this thing Reinstalling the OS from a disk -- it feels as if it is stopped uncompleted Deleting the entire HD with a third-party utility -- Failed Interupted and continues to hang during loadup USB drive installation is the same way -- hanging I can however load into a linux unix operating system and quot see quot the drive Unfortunately I can t access it There is an error that occurs I do not need anything on the laptop nuking would be perfect for me at this point Suggestions I can provide screenshots if needed I m going to post this in a few different forum types because I don t know if this is hardware related or virus related Hope this isn t a problem Thank you all for your time and help A nbsp

A:Computer will not boot (hangs, black screen, virus?)

I'm going to post this in a few different forum types because I don't know if this is hardware related or virus related..Hope this isn't a problem!Click to expand...

Please do not post the same problem in more than one forum. As you have already posted in the Virus and Malware forum I'm closing this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-hangs-black-screen-virus.182024/
Relevancy 21.5%

HP G62-455DX Notebook

My daughter have a laptop that she was trying to connect her son Leapfrog to it. She it connected overnight. The next day the laptop wouldn't load up but just shows a black screen with blinking cursor. Someone told her that it might be a virus. When I turn laptop on I can hit the [ESC] and it will take me to the black screen "Startup Menu." It won't let me do anything else but go to the black screen with the cursor. I tried to reformat the laptop but can't seem to get pass the black screen.

A:Can't get laptop to load (black screen with cursor)

Hello sir,
Could you give us some more details such as the OS, the exact process/incident after which the problem arose, and all the activities on the laptop since the Leapfrog connection?

For one, it could be plain hardware failure.
Assuming you have Windows 7 installed, have you tried performing a Startup Repair using the Windows 7 disk?
Once you power on the laptop, keep pressing 'F8' till you reach the "Advanced Boot Menu". Select Safe Mode, and see if you can boot into Windows. If you can get to the desktop, perform a malware scan.

If it doesn't help, contact your vendor's or HP's customer support/technical assistance.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-laptop-to-load-black-screen-with-cursor.179470/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, when I push the power button on my Asus k50ab all I can see
is a black screen and the power light on.
1. Windows doesn't start at all.
2. Even when I tried to start with my RAM removed it's the same, only black screen,
no sound, nothing.
3. I tried to shuffle my RAM around in any possible combination is the same.
4. I also tried to start with my HDD removed, its the same.
5. I tried (quite a lot) to remove the battery, unplug the cable then
press the power button for 60 seconds and then start without the battery,
but sadly no result. Even tried it with my lid in the lowest angle possible.
6. I also tried to plug a monitor to my laptop (I did also press Fn+F8 to change
displays), but still nothing.
If anyone has any idea whats going on I'll be very thankful.

A:Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

hi dont quote me on most as not qualified and sure someone will get to u soon but can u see anything faintly in the back ground as i had that prob and notice at certain angles if i looked close enough i could see .. it turned out to be my lcd cable if screen is totally black could be number of things like cable inverter backlight or actual screen .. sure a tech will see this soon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-no-post-no-bios.178816/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey i was surfing the web and found this thread about 'Asus m2n SLI' - black DIMM slots wont insert my DDR2 RAM properly. and i am having the exact problem as this guy. Did anyone ever figure out why the black slots wouldnt take it? Its crazy? lol Any info is appreciated!

A:Black DIMM slots on Asus m2n SLI won't take my DDR2 RAM

Let's say we don't know exactly to which thread you are referring. Can you describe your problem in better detail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-dimm-slots-on-asus-m2n-sli-wont-take-my-ddr2-ram.178616/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello i have an Nvidia Geforce go 7900 gs for my laptop. When i play World of Warcraft , the screen goes black , but i can still hear sounds from the game. The Screen never frozed before but it seems that smth is wrong now...

A:Screen goes black when playing WoW

Does the screen go black at any other time when not playing games?

Just to be quite sure, try another monitor and see if the problem is the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-wow.178515/
Relevancy 21.07%

hello,

I am having a very annoying issue with my toshiba satellite L755-S5216. It boots up fine but sometimes while im doing work on the computer(just normal schoolwork and such) the screen will go black with a redish line that flickers on the left side of the screen. The only way to fix it is to do a shutdown holding the power button. Is there anyway to fix this...or is it just the inverter that i have read on a few posts on this site?

Thanks

A:Screen going black on Toshiba Satellite L755-S5216

A laptop repair person can fix this for you. It could be a bad LCD panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-going-black-on-toshiba-satellite-l755-s5216.176752/
Relevancy 21.5%

i can see the screen being illuminated but i cant see anything, i hear windows starting up and everything... what could it be?

A:Screen turns on but stays completely black

If it's a laptop then the LCD lamp could be working but there's something else wrong with the LCD.

Can you see the bios screens and info right before the Windows starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-on-but-stays-completely-black.177851/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Recently I ve purchased an HIS AMD Radeon HD for my desktop I black screen HD HIS Radeon 6670 ve installed it correctly but when I plug my VGA monitor into the DVI slot via a VGA-to-DVI HIS Radeon HD 6670 black screen converter on the card I get no video signal Normally when I get video signal i e without the card installed the monitor s little light turns green If the computer goes into standby mode it goes orange When I plug the monitor into the card the light goes orange When I unplug the monitor from the card I get the quot No signal quot error on the screen Anyway I m quite stumped I ve uninstalled the card several times to change settings in the BIOS screen install the card s drivers beforehand etc but with no luck I ve provided a list of steps I took to installing the card and my computer specs just in case you need those Code system specifications - amd athlon ii x ghz - gb ram - watt psu - ecs a gm-m motherboard w integrated ATI graphics - HIS AMD Radeon HD card I'm trying to install - windows xp professional operating system it's a desktop by the way Code installation steps I took - unplugged computer opened up case - discharged static electricity inserted card into PCI-E x slot - screwed in card - re-attached case plugged in computer plugged monitor into card - turned on computer monitor screen is black - unplugged monitor cable from card got the quot no signal quot error - plugged monitor into built-in monitor input no signal - unplugged detached case uninstalled card reattached plugged in turned on - changed BIOS video adapter setting from pci-gfx -gpp-igfx to gfx -gpp-igfx-pci - installed AMD Catalyst driver beforehand - reinstalled card turned back on no signal - uninstalled disabled onboard graphics reinstalled no signal nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/his-radeon-hd-6670-black-screen.177403/
Relevancy 21.93%

I get used HP 1955 LCD monitor, which would flash once on power on, and then go black, screen showing a picture 1/10 of a second.
In the 1/10 of second I see small monitor display says No Input signal, suggested resolution and more I can?t read.
I did reset memory and download HP driver.
I have Dell 1504 FP and this work well on the same computer.
Any other buttons like Men, Auto Adjust not working. Only the power button works.
Any suggestions what test I can do to find out what is wrong with Monitor?

A:HP 1955 monitor go black after 1/10 of sec

The monitor is bad, replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-1955-monitor-go-black-after-1-10-of-sec.177342/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,
So my laptop's hard drive needs to be replaced. I need help finding one in that I'm looking for something that may last. My lap top model number is VPCF126FM and it is a song vaio. I know very little about computers, but we were hoping to buy one and have someone put it in. We just wanna make sure our person doesn't put a crappy part in so we would rather buy it for him to replace with us present. I know that seems like overkill... Anyways all I know is that any SATA hard drive should do, but I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

A:Need help with selecting a laptop hard drive for a Sony VAIO

Tough right now. The top seven hard drive factories in the world were under water in a National flood from September to December... and the prices of what drives are still available have gone way up... Only Toshiba, as far as I know, escaped the flood.
You need to know if your current hard drive is and IDE or SATA, first.
Your best choices are Western Digital, Seagate, and Toshiba. Avoid Hitachi, Samsung, Maxtor, and any other brands. Then try to find something in the 160 GB to 250 GB if long term use is important. You can find laptop SATA hard drives these days from 80 GB to 800 GB, but be prepared to pay a premium. Were it my computer, I would look for a 250 GB Western Digital black, or Toshiba, or Seagate, or Western Digital Green in that order. I would not install any other brand. There are good online stores in USA, Great Britain, France, Canada, and several other countries.
So tell us more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-selecting-a-laptop-hard-drive-for-a-sony-vaio.176991/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, it is the first message I have gotten along with messages that say that failure is imminent. I am backing up the computer, but I need advice on how to fix it and it it is possible that the error will just "go away"

Thank you in advance!

A:First error message HM641JI on Sony VAIO

I thought I might give more info...it's a Sony vaio f series and the error is with the Samsung hm641ij and I haven't switched in the computer since lat night.i am using my phone. Thank you again for any help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-error-message-hm641ji-on-sony-vaio.176299/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am attempting to remove a virus from a friend s toshiba a -s laptop in the transportation process i spilt a bit black, but but help! stays need will amateur screen a Laptop up not computer start of water on the laptop but i do not think it effected the computer because Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help! i was able to use the computer for days afterwards while trying to remove the virus in safe mode the computer would not let me run any anti-malware programs and then subsequently shut down now when i try to start up the computer the keyboard lights turn on and the disc drives and fans begin working but the screen remains blank there are no signal beeps to indicate a hardware malfunction and the three of the five Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help! lights on the front of the laptop on the left side are on ive tried all the troubleshooting techniques on the forums i e removing the battery and running on ac power and vice versa holding down the power button for sec sec min and mins all to no avail another computer savvy friend of mine said that some of these new viruses are smart enough to write itself to the bios which would prevent the computer from starting up he recommended flashing the bios but i do not know how to do so on a black screen or if it might have been the water damage that may be causing a hardware problem im thinking motherboad or video card if so any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help!

These new viruses are truly evil... and wide spread. We have had over 30 cases since Wednesday... all doing what you describe.

But the Toshiba is also infamous for having the screen inverter go bad... cheap to replace but darn difficult to get at quickly.

Can you connect an external monitor to the VGA port on the back of the Toshiba to see what you get there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-start-up-but-screen-stays-black-not-a-computer-amateur-but-need-help.176524/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello. Since a year ago I have been seeing white lines across the screen of my laptop. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR430E Laptop. The white lines/band running horizontally across the screen is not permanent, and goes off if point pressure is applied from the top coverside of the screen, or on the face of the screen.

The problem seems like a lose connection but one could not be found when the laptop was opened up.

Do note, that the LCD screen does work and does not go off or black when these white lines take over. Also the white lines are not constantly going across the screen and usually only last for a few seconds. Also when the laptop is hooked up to a TV via a VGA cable, the white horozontal lines do not show up on the TV even when they are on the computer.

A:Daily white lines across Sony VAIO laptop display

The LCD panel needs to be replaced. It probably got damaged by excessive pressure on the top of the closed laptop, one too many times

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daily-white-lines-across-sony-vaio-laptop-display.175542/
Relevancy 21.07%

I recorded a program in HD60 on my Kodak Zx1. I watched a few minutes of the recording on a television, then stopped, planning to download it to my computer and edit it later. When I came back, the SD card read empty. I have no idea what happened.

I used Recuva on the SD card, and have come up with a few files, 2 of which appear to be my video - one is about 30 minutes long, the other, ten. But when I play the files,all I see is BLACK. The files are .mov files. I've tried to open the files in several programs, including Quicktime,but if they read at all, the screen comes up, the video is obviously playing ( the timer is moving), but there is nothing but black.

I'm hoping to much to be able to recover and play these files of my daughter singing. Can anyone help me?

A:Recovered video files play back all black

It may be time to get another video camera. Today's smart phones do a good job taking video shots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovered-video-files-play-back-all-black.175293/
Relevancy 21.5%

A recommendation printer bulk Need black on ink couple Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink years ago I bought a whole pint of black ink from someone on ebay that also had his own website Forget the exact cost but the same or maybe less than one cartridge The ink worked great never had any printer problems I usually keep track of things that work out by saving or bookmarking the website but I apparently failed to do that for the ink I looked on ebay and didn t recognize any of the supplier s names Did a search and of course came up with all kinds of reviews on refilled cartridges but not much on bulk ink I m not looking for anything top shelf or really long lasting just for mundane Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink everyday printing that usually isn t kept very long Don Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink t necessarily need a pint could use a smaller amount Wife has a similar HP printer mine is a A but I don t print for work like I was doing back then Anyone have any recommendations Thanks nbsp

A:Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink

be careful on ink from ebay -ensure that it meets or exceeds manufacturer specs. A lot of ebay ink is cheap china crap and will jam print heads. The molecules are too large and/or gummy.

I've bought a lot of ink over the years from ebay with a wide range of results. some I had to simply throw away after repeated printer head gumming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-recommendation-on-bulk-black-printer-ink.175194/
Relevancy 21.93%

Please help me I was installing a game on my laptop when suddenly the screen went black and all usb devices turned of The computer still runs but the screen stays black with nothing on it I have a Toshiba Satellite A I have tried the method where i would unplug the power cable take out battery hold the power button for - seconds plug back in the power cable and turn it on but it still is black I heard that i might more ram on my laptop I have GB of ram on my laptop and the game i was installing was Skyrim Please help I need am going to my Help: screen laptop! Black on need my laptop in a few days for something REALLY IMPORTANT thanks EDIT hey Help: Black screen on my laptop! yea I fixed the problem I just hooked the laptop to a monitor hit fn f the laptop asked me how i wanted to start windows but only on the monitor i hit start normaly and after that a minute later i got my screen back heh heh nbsp

A:Help: Black screen on my laptop!

Don't have a reliable answer for a quick solution. A great many Toshiba laptops have been having video output failures. Best choice, I would think would be to pay a good tech the $35 (average) cost to see if there is a tech reason.
Alternate solution to to connect an external monitor to the video graphics socket on the back of that Toshiba. If that works, you have a temporary solution. Then have an experienced tech take a look.
It could be something as simple as restoring the video graphics driver from a Toshiba download... Fairly easy to do that if you can use an external monitor to see what you are doi9ng as you download from the Toshiba site, then attempt to install it.
Then you have to figger out what it was you did that caused this failure. You need to know that for whatever fix you attempt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-black-screen-on-my-laptop.175166/
Relevancy 21.5%

I own a Gateway MD2614u and it has been true to me for the last 2 years, but now it has a little problem. The screen turns black and will not come back on unless I hold down the button and restart the computer. It is not the backlight on the screen and it is not the screen itself. I hooked an external monitor to it to confirm and it made that screen black as well. I was using Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on the machine however I reverted it back to Vista Home Premium X64. The problem reoccured even with its intended operating system. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of the problem is? I don't believe it is the cable or the monitor.

A:Laptop screen goes black randomly

It may be that the GPU is overheating or failing. Try running something like FurMark to stress the GPU. If that causes it to go back quickly, there's a good chance that the GPU is the problem. For most laptops, this is not something you can fix short of replacing the entire motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly.173762/
Relevancy 21.07%

My dell m140 laptop is having dark circle spot..yesterday I kept my laptop on my bed under my blanket & wen I saw my laptop it was having a dark circle..... Can I repair d screen

A:Dell laptop having black spot on display screen

The LCD screen will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-having-black-spot-on-display-screen.173334/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello hopefully someone can help me...Every time I try to play a video game on my computer or restart the monitor goes black. My computer is still on and the only way it seems to get the screen back is to keep turning the monitor off and on until it stays on. I've updated my drivers, changed my power settings but neither worked. This doesn't happen any other time I can go online, play the games that came with the computer but I've missed playing my disc games and nothing I do seems to work for me...any ideas???

A:Black monitor

jamiek29 said:

Hello hopefully someone can help me...Every time I try to play a video game on my computer or restart the monitor goes black. My computer is still on and the only way it seems to get the screen back is to keep turning the monitor off and on until it stays on. I've updated my drivers, changed my power settings but neither worked. This doesn't happen any other time I can go online, play the games that came with the computer but I've missed playing my disc games and nothing I do seems to work for me...any ideas???Click to expand...

Try adding a bit more info to your post here is a Guide to making a good Post/Thread

I'll guess and offer that you could have the monitor power saving set incorrectly.

Have you enabled this?
Right Click your mouse from the Desk top ==>Properties==>Display Properties==>Screen Saver==>Power==>Power Schemes==>Settings for Always On Power Scheme==> from the drop down boxes set all menus to "Never" power off?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-monitor.173339/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I tried opening my computer this morning and my screen did not show anything, it just stayed black, i tried plugging another monitor to my computer and it worked, so I just want to know how to make it work. I do not want to stay with this big monitor. takes up my whole desk

A:Monitor does not work and just stays black

Ok soo Im assuming the other monitor that worked is CRT ? Your current monitor does not turn on when you turn on the CPU. Do you see any lights on the monitor ? orange light possibly.

Turn monitor on and off again, then try using a different power cable, and finally try plugging in the monitor to your video cards other output.

If you still get nothing, then your monitor is busted. Take it back where you got it from or RMA. In mean time maybe this is good time for your to go dual monitor setup. Soo buy a 24 inch for 200 dollars, then when your monitor comes back from RMA make it your second monitor. ? youll never go back.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-does-not-work-and-just-stays-black.172734/
Relevancy 21.93%

My 6 year old Medion 8820 has died (I think motherboard from the beeps), so I would like to upgrade my PC to meet the high system requirements for Black Ops.
Bear in mind that I am a 75 year old wargamer & silver surfer, who has only been inside my box to blow compressed air at the fans etc, & am utterly bamboozled at the technobabble you young wizz-kids use.
I need to do something to resurrect my Medion or buy a new PC, but should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead. Any ideas?

A:Upgrade PC to play Black Ops

"should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead"...

Xbox will be a better and cheaper option for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-pc-to-play-black-ops.172245/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I ve been searching all over for my with line network Configuring the fiber new help with a problem I m having and stumbled across this forum - really hope someone can help me I ve just had a leased line installed to provide me with a high speed internet connection It s a Mbps fibre pipe and Configuring my network with the new fiber line am trying to integrate it with my existing network of PCs and a printer Previously I had a line bonded ADSL connection using a Comtrend router which also acted as a DHCP server allocating IPs for all the machines The hardware that has been installed with the new line is a Cisco router which is managed remotely I have been provided with IP addresses and Configuring my network with the new fiber line it operates on a subnet of My original network runs on with the router as What I want to do if possible is use my Comtrend router or purchase a new one if I have to the same way it has been used before i e as the main hub which allocates the network addresses but have it connect to the internet via the new router as the ADSL Configuring my network with the new fiber line will soon be disconnected so that all the machines are connected to the fibre line at high speed How do I do this Thanks so much in advance Oliver nbsp

A:Configuring my network with the new fiber line

It sounds like what you will need to do is use the router in a "passive" mode. What i mean is simply keep your internal network as it is, but create a static route towards the new Cisco Router. The static route should probably be 0.0.0.0 with a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. What this means is that anything destined to a destination the current router is unaware of, it passes it to the Cisco router which will then forward this onto the internet.

Does this make sense?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-my-network-with-the-new-fiber-line.171882/
Relevancy 27.52%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've read around and tried the following:

Alt+F4

removing the battery with the power cord unplugged and holding the power down for 20-30 secs (reset BIOS?) then put the power cord back in and tried to turn it on.

Just turning it off and on a few times(I guess it could be stuck in sleed mode?)

I tried to light up the screen with a flashlight to see if the LED went out but screen was still black.

It's a toshiba satellite sli1

Thoughts on other things I can try?

(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)

A:Laptop turns on but screen black. I've tried a few things.

"(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)"...

If there is dried cat vomit near one of the top hinges, there's a small micro switch that senses that the top cover is closed. If this switch is damaged, it will give you the black LCD screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-but-screen-black-ive-tried-a-few-things.171202/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys, I have the above mentioned laptop and the problem is that once in a while, the display becomes distorted. The display behaves like what happened when you distorted the controls of an analogue monitor beyond the resolution that it was capable of displaying. I believe the problem is hardware related, but before I can commit myself to opening the laptop, I need to be sure of what am looking for.

It also gets very hot on the top right corner between the keyboard and the display bezel. Don't know what to make of it.

Thanks.

A:Sony Vaio VGN-NS21S display problems

I am attaching some images of the display at different times after I press the power button. Hope they help.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-ns21s-display-problems.170311/
Relevancy 33.97%

Happy Labor day everyone I just got back from a day vacation to find that my dell monitor has some odd vertical lines showing up These lines do not show up on my second monitor an envision and they are incredibly annoying It seems that the lines appear depending on what window is running If I have the devices and printers window open there are random blue lines that go through my entire screen If I bring up the start menu then there are green yellow lines that go up to the height of the start menu not Odd lines E193FP on colored Dell monitor vertical the entire screen In Odd colored vertical lines on Dell E193FP monitor both cases the lines show up through the entire screen horizontally but not vertically but these are vertical lines I am unable to take a picture because a my camera sucks b these lines do not appear in screenshots Because of this and the fact that my other monitor does not have the problem I am assuming that the issue is the fact that the monitor is quitting on me I have had the monitor for a number of years so that would not surprise me I just want to get a second opinion on the subject Thanks guys nbsp

A:Odd colored vertical lines on Dell E193FP monitor

Have you tried switching out the cable? How old and what type is this monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-colored-vertical-lines-on-dell-e193fp-monitor.170403/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition This past weekend 5100 Acer after screen Aspire laptop 4GB upgrading RAM to black I tried to upgrade to GB of RAM After replacing the old RAM sticks with the new I am getting nothing but a black screen after Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM turning on my laptop The mouse and keyboard I usually keep plugged in Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM the USB ports do not work There is no sound nor does any monitor that I ve tried hooking up to my Acer display anything as well I ve tried every key combination I could Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM come in mind with but nothing works I can t access the BIOS nor anything else The HDD indicator light flashes green for only a few seconds after powering up the laptop I m not for certain if the laptop keyboard is functioning either I m unable to turn the NUM LOCK on or off The CD DVD drive runs normally I assume I m able to pop in a disc and can hear it running normally I ve also tried placing the old RAM I had previously used back in the laptop but there is still no change I ve run out of options and am curious if anyone here would be able to assist me Your help is much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM

If adding the old RAM doesn't change the way it behaves there is another issue.

When you added the RAM, did it involve stripping the laptop down? Or simply removing a cover on the underside of the laptop?

If it involved a strip down, it sounds to me like the video connector has been disturbed, or not been reconnected, hence you cannot see anything as the display is not powering up.

Obviously if you didn't strip it down there is another issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-laptop-black-screen-after-upgrading-to-4gb-ram.168736/