Windows Support Forum

Computer monitor has flashing horizontal lines when power supply is connected

Q: Computer monitor has flashing horizontal lines when power supply is connected

This happens:

The horizontal lines disappear shortly after removing the power supply, and come back when it's reconnected.

Observations and steps taken:

- The computer has been connected to multiple power supplies in different rooms. This behavior happens regardless of the power supply.

- This doesn't start right away when the computer boots up - only after some time.

- It also doesn't seem to happen in safe mode, but I haven't tested it under heavy processor load in safe mode.

What is happening? What steps should I take?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer monitor has flashing horizontal lines when power supply is connected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer monitor has flashing horizontal lines when power supply is connected

A system restore resolved this temporarily, but the Windows Update which installed immediately afterwards caused it to start happening again.
Relevancy 104.49%

Computer info Laptop Toshiba Satellite A OS Windows XP GB RAM Intel Duo Core Ghz Monitor Info Samsung SWX LCD Monitor Connection VGA The issue I just bought the above monitor for use with my laptop Everything works great except for one thing When the laptop is plugged in to AC power there are horizontal lines running up and down the screen Sometimes it gets worse and the sides of windows open on the screen and text become jittery amp jagged looking If the laptop is running on battery power the image on the monitor is perfectly fine I have tried the on Horizontal LCD is on when monitor Solved: lines AC power laptop laptop with different monitors and the same thing happens I have also tried the monitor with different computers and it Solved: Horizontal lines on LCD monitor when laptop is on AC power works just fine leading me to assume the issue is with the laptop itself Thinking it might be interference of some sort I ve also tried a heavy duty shielded VGA cable a different AC power cord USB-to-VGA adapter and different wall outlets all with no improvement I can t think of anything else to try short Solved: Horizontal lines on LCD monitor when laptop is on AC power of taking it to a Toshiba service place to have it looked at but I d rather not have to pay that much money on a year Solved: Horizontal lines on LCD monitor when laptop is on AC power old laptop Any ideas suggestions help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

On my new lenovo y50 labtop, very occasioanlly the screen would flash a very thin horizontal line whether if its just browsing, gaming, or sitting idle. I've tried reinstalling the video drivers but it didnt fix the problem.
On rare occasions my screen may flick black for a split second.
They are like
Its not as frequent as the ones in the video but still noticeable

Relevancy 93.74%

In random locations, at random times, my screen will flicker white lines across it with varying frequency. It because most frequent when at high RAM usage, just turned on, or charging at full battery for awhile. I tried sending it back once for repairs, but after a two month wait, it failed. I requested another repair, but tomorrow being my deadline, I believe I am unable to send it back once more. I attempted to contact warranty support, but after filling in my serial number thousands of times, the site believes I am possession of a Vibe series C phone. Is there any way I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

A:Lenovo y50-70 thin flashing horizontal white lines...

Hi One3 , 
Welcome to the Community Forums.
This solution may help from this article :

Update BIOS to V3.03 9ECN43WW (or later version).
Update the Intel VGA driver.
Change the Panel Self-Refresh setting to ?disable? in the Intel HD Graphics control panel. (some versions do not have Panel Self-Refresh setting, skip this step.)

If the issue persists, hardware defective is highly detected. Please contact Lenovo local support center for hardware troubleshoot.
If the serial number would show mismatch from the website,  verify again from the label or use the auto detect feature but if that fails , provide a direct call to tech support . You may have the issue also documented that this behavior is an issue you noticed before warranty expires specially if the above solution did not work. 
English  24 hours a day 7 days/week1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686 Schedule a Callback for faster support
Update us how things go.
Relevancy 92.45%

Recently my computer has been making lots of noise, i found out out it came from power supply.So i decided to open up my computer and power supply. It was stated that there are no servicable things inside but me and my dumb head decided to open it anyways .There seemed to be nothing wrong with it and i put my computer back together ( had to take apart all things processor and etc) but now form time to time my monitor says attention out of range with some extremly big numbers like h:180 KHz and v:60hz.Did i **** up something in power supply ?I mean , can that be the reason of my monitor malfunction , and i am gonna get a new power supply anyways cos its sound is driving me insane. Anyways if the powers supply is not the problem what might be . Thanks in advance

Relevancy 89.01%

I can t get my computer to boot at all not into CMOS not anything It doesn t power up And the green LED light that comes with the power supply is constantly flashing This has happened before normally when I wait a while before trying to boot I can get the fan inside the power supply to spin just a little bit The last time it happened I fixed it by taking out one of the memory sticks I have no other power supply to test so I don t know whether it s a problem supply won't Computer start, light power flashing. with the motherboard or the power supply However I notice that when the -count connector pin isn t connected to the motherboard the light doesn t flash it just stays lit green When I plug it in it starts flashing again Maybe it s the motherboard maybe the pins are bad I m not sure what that suggests Is there anything I Computer won't start, power supply light flashing. can do to diagnose this clearer nbsp

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi there,

I just bought a refurbished 22" Sony Multiscan G500. Looking closely, I noticed that two thin symetrical horizontal lines were always visible on the screen.

Could anybody explain why these 2 lines are showing? Should I return the monitor?

A:Horizontal lines on my monitor

This is normal for Trinitron monitors - I forget why they appear but I do know its perfectly normal.
Relevancy 87.29%

I have an old Gateway CRT 17" monitor. Recently it developed 8 or 9 faint horizontal lines along the top 2 to 3 inches of the screen. I assume that means my monitor is going out, but if it can be saved that would be just fine with me. Is that possible? And can a guy with 10 thumbs fix it? And, if so, how?
Relevancy 87.29%

Emachines T2958
512 MB, 80 Gig HD
Emachines monitor (7 years old)

I have horizontal shaking lines on the top couple inches of my monitor. It's just enough where all the top toolbars, address bar, favorites, etc. are a crap shoot to find with my arrow. This is not all the time. It may go hours without, and it may go all day with the problem. Sometimes and I mean only sometimes does turning off the monitor for a minute or so may fix it. Degauss does nothing for me as well. Just wondering if this is possibly virus related at all that this is happening or just time for a new monitor?

Relevancy 87.29%

I bought a Gateway computer in 2008 with the specs: nvidia 9800 gt, 4 gb ram, intel core 2 quad 9300, 640 gb hard drive. I also have a 24 inch monitor.

Recently, a few days ago, I turned on my computer and the load up screen had weird pink and random colors, displaying random letters in boxes. It then proceeded to make slightly diagonal lines (almost horizontal) all up and down my screen. I've tried to reinstall my drivers, and I don't think it's my monitor. Could it be that my video card has died? Please help! Also my view of the monitor is really magnified, as if I was in safe mode. My computer also won't let me run games, because of something to do with my videocard.
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi recently purchased two HP - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor's , and I have one pluged in as hdmi and the other in VGA. The hdmi monitor works fine no problem , But the one with vga gets these lines either by scrolling on pages or watching videos. can anybody help me?
Relevancy 87.29%

There are vertical lines on my monitor that are showing ... they are not there all time and are showing from time to time ... they are showing for about 10 sec and after that my monitor shows me no signal

pls help and sorry for my bad english

...the problem is on my other pc so system specs are not the same ...

A:How to get rid of horizontal lines on my monitor?

Quote: Originally Posted by Robi

There are vertical lines on my monitor that are showing ... they are not there all time and are showing from time to time ... they are showing for about 10 sec and after that my monitor shows me no signal

pls help and sorry for my bad english

...the problem is on my other pc so system specs are not the same ...

hi Robi, first off do you have another cable you could try ? if so and you get the same probb go to devices.msc and delete your graphics driver , reboot and use the standard vga driver, do you still get the same prob ?
Relevancy 87.29%

Have a fairly new Dell S2740L monitor and all of a sudden it is showing horizontal lines on the right side of the screen.. They are black and evenly spaced apart. Ive tried updating the driver, trying different cables, resetting the monitor, running the lcd saver..... they persist. Does this mean my monitor is toasting itself?? I will try to attach a photo of the problem to give ya an idea what I am talking about . They go about half way across the screen then stop. It is really annoying. Ideas??

A:Horizontal lines on monitor

Hi Starzfan31 and welcome to 7 Forums. The issue could be your monitor or graphics system. The only was to tell is to hook the monitor up to another computer and also try another monitor on your PC. Good Luck.
Relevancy 87.29%

I have horizontal lines that appear at the top of my monitor. I have an EV730. The lines appear at different times and stay for different lengths. They are not on the whole screen, just about a few inches at the top. I have downloaed and ran combofix, panda, avg, superspy, and spybot. Each of them seem to give me different infections that I have cleaned but hte lines still appear. Is it the monitor going bad or a virus of some sort? I posted a hijack log just in case.
Relevancy 87.29%

I am not sure if this is my monitor or if I have some type of infection Periodically not always at the same time I get horizontal white lines at the top of my monitor They do not go all the way down I have been runnning all types of antivirus and spyware at of top lines horizontal monitor and keep getting and deleting infections but it still happens After a while it goes away Any suggestions Do you need a hijack this log I will add one just to be safe Thanks Kandy Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system horizontal lines at top of monitor svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINNT system slserv exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system fxssvc exe C WINNT system igfxtray exe C WINNT system hkcmd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run ALUAlert C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUNotify exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run ALUAlert C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUNotify exe User Default user O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service Kodak Camera Connection Software KodakCCS - Eastman Kodak Company - C WINNT system drivers KodakCCS exe O - Service lxcr device - - C WINNT system lxcrcoms exe O - Service Intel NCS NetService NetSvc - Intel R Corporation - C Program Files Intel NCS Sync NetSvc exe O - Service SmartLinkService SLService - Smart Link - C WINNT SYSTEM slserv exe O - Service SupportSoft Sprocket Service ddoctorv sprtsvc ddoctorv - SupportSoft Inc - C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

A:horizontal lines at top of monitor

Try taking a screenshot and see if it shows up in the image.
Relevancy 86.43%

I recently purchased a Dell Computer. Periodically and randomly, sepia-colored flickering horizontal lines appear on the screen. It looks like static for a few seconds then disappears. Sometimes it covers almost 100% of the screen. I called the Dell Cust. Service line. They confidently suggested it was because my cell phone was near the monitor. I moved the phone, but the problem continues. I have not called them back because they didn't seem very willing to suggest other potential causes/fixes.

I found info. on the Net suggesting to adjust the refresh rate -- which I did. I raised it from 75 to 85. It seemed to help for a little while but may have been just coincidental. The problem continues.

Any experiences, ideas or potential solutions would be very appreciated. Thank you.

A:Monitor Flickering Horizontal Lines

You give no details of the monitor type, which makes it difficult to help, but we could assume a CRT type monitor from the refresh rates I suppose..

Intermittent problems such as this are certainly not going to be related to the reresh rates.

It really does sound like cellular phone type interference, a cellphone "phones home" every few minutes (random) to let the network know it is alive. This interference can affect a CRT monitor from several metres away.

Also any mains type appliance will affect a CRT monitor if it is within range of the magnetic field produced, as will any radio frequency device (but that range can be very large).
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a Philips 234CL monitor with a GeForce GT 440 GPU (MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1). At a refresh rate of 60 Hz, the monitor shows a bar of green lines running across the upper part of the screen; the bar ends abruptly somewhere on the left part of the screen. They're also present when Windows boots up and when I disable the display adapter. At a refresh rate of 50 Hz, however, they're almost unnoticeable, and when I lower it to 30 Hz, they completely disappear. On even higher rates, they become even brighter.

A:Horizontal Green Lines on PC Monitor

When the green lines are showing make a screenshot by pressing the Print Screen key then opening Paint and clicking on Paste. If the lines show on the screenshot the problem is probably the Graphics card (or possibly Ram if some of it is shared with the Graphics card). If they aren't there it's probably a Monitor or cable issue.

EDIT : If possible try the Monitor on a different computer or try a different Monitor on your PC.
Relevancy 85.57%

Since a couple of weeks I have had this really annouing problem with Flashing horizontal stripes on my second monitor, i can guarantee that these are not hardware problems, the stripes do not appear when i open a program on full screen, so basically they ONLY appear on the desktop background.

Here is a link to a video of the stripes:

Any suggestions?
Any info I should add?

Relevancy 85.14%

Does anybody know of a fix for flickering coloured horizontal lines on a Dell monitor?

I have replaced the 470 capacitors but it did not make any difference.

Any help would really be appreciated, or is it time to replace the monitor!

Thank you.

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a hp dv running vista that has recently put a lot of horizontal lines in the monitor They are lines that are discolored and make it very hard to read like it s every other line of resolution I have raised my font to get through a project but need to get this fixed or get a new laptop A local repair shop said it was probably the monitor ribbon cable that s where they would start They wanted around one hundred dollars for the cable and time and it may not solve the problem My thought is that the cable would be an intermittent problem power would be black screen and vid card would be black screen The laptop runs as usual its just missing half the info on the monitor Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts The laptop is disassembled because I was going to order a new LCD for it but came here before clicking on buy nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop monitor has horizontal lines

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Any repair place worth its salt should have a look at the machine and do some tests (which may cost an hour of time) before suggesting a replacement part, which may not even be the faulty component.

If you can get the laptop back together and do a simple test (below) it can help to narrow down where the fault lies. It could be the LCD, the Graphics Card, RAM or a cable / connector, drivers or something else, hard to say at this point.

Plug the laptop into an external screen and see if the problem occurs there. If it doesn't then it could be the LCD itself or a cable / connector between the GPU and LCD. If the problem occurs on the external monitor it is more likely to be a problem with the GPU itself which would likely require the entire motherboard being replaced.
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I have horizontal lines that scan my monitor whenever i my monitor display, lines help Horizontal please scaning play a game I can see the horizontal lines only on darker colors like grey dark-green etc I have a Samsung E display that runs at p on hz on a vga cable no hdmi Horizontal lines scaning my monitor display, please help dvi support on it I tried another vga cable i tried another power cable but with the same result I have all drivers updated monitor and other hardware My current PC specs are AsRock N -C S UCC Phenom II x Gb DDR Radeon HD gb HDD Sata and a power supply Sirtec W If I open Far Cry for example i get those horizontal lines If i minimize the Horizontal lines scaning my monitor display, please help game i still get the horizontal lines if i have something dark on my display a grey dark-green dark-blue website Before the HD i had a GTS and Horizontal lines scaning my monitor display, please help had the same problems Could it be the PSU or the motherboard or what I also tried a different display monitor on the VGA and had the same horizontal lines scaning my display monitor The monitor is a year old still under guarantee same goes for the PSU and the other components What do you think PS Lowering the resolution or increasing decreasing the Hz doesen't help Sorry for my bad English

A:Horizontal lines scaning my monitor display, please help

That monitor has a DVI-D connection. And the 7770 certainly does.
Why aren't you using the DVI cable?
That may be all it is.
Relevancy 85.14%

Out of nowhere, I now have 3 very thin horizontal white lines towards the top of my LCD monitor that go all the way across the screen. I have no idea where they came from but I just noticed them today. My monitor is 3 1/2 years old. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I might be able to fix it? I've tried restarting the computer, but they're still there.

Thanks for your help!

A:3 thin horizontal white lines out of nowhere on LCD monitor

Are the lines always there, even when you first turn on the computer, or does it only happen when you get into Windows (assuming your running Windows)?

What is the make and model of you PC and how old is it?
Have you ever opened up the PC and cleaned it out to get rid of dust?

My first thoughts would be that either the monitor or graphics card are on the way out, however check that the cables are all connected securely to be sure aswell.
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I have and problem with my laptop display/monitor and don't know how to resolve it. Every few minutes, red horizontal lines constantly flicker over my screen or display for prolonged periods.  I have a HP ENVY Notebook - 15-v010nr (ENERGY STAR) and my warranty ends next month.
Relevancy 85.14%

So I just built my Subtle monitor horizontal on lines/waves new comp and I notice these very subtle line waves going up and down the Subtle horizontal lines/waves on monitor screen or maybe jittering in position Its not like a solid line though its like lighter and darker light It happens in Starcraft almost none existent only see them in certain situations Civ V Subtle horizontal lines/waves on monitor on the main menu and in game when I m over water its easier to see and in Minecraft only really obvious when the inventory screen is open I m not sure how to explain it so hopefully someone will understand me I don t know if its the new GPU I just put in though I noticed it in Civ V with my other GPU in but it was a lot more subtle then it is now With the old GPU though I only ever saw it in Civ and they seemed to freeze up with the lag too So if everything was lagging on screen those light lines would stop and go with the game I turned on V sync in both SC and Civ V still notice them in Civ Thought I saw then when I was at the desktop but Im not sure on that My specs Windows bit gb Harddrive gb RAM Radeon HD watt PSU ASRock Z Mobo Intel Core i K Ghz nbsp

A:Subtle horizontal lines/waves on monitor

What kind of monitor and how old is it? Sounds like what would happen on the old CRT monitors! Also, have you tried adjusting the display settings, etc?
Relevancy 85.14%

Its not my monitor because it does the same thing to another one that I hooked up. My computer is a Dell Dimension 8100 and I need suggestions. How do I tell if my video card is shot? Is it my motherboard? Dell had me install a new operating system and the problem still exists. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:My monitor has grey horizontal lines and is dull.

Well, sounds like Dell was reading off a computer screen and didnt truly have a solution to your problem. I have a flickering with my monitor that only stops when the screen is not moved all the way down on the monitor. So I would try first moving you screen around within you monitor. Probably won't work, but everyonce and a while it will. Next, in the display options, try different refresh rates. Sometimes if the computer tower, or another big electronic devices is near, it can make the monitor do some funky stuff. Hope this helps,

Relevancy 85.14%

I added cable broadband this past week. Yesterday I downloaded the lastest windows media player. These are the only changes I have made. I do not understand all the computer ins and outs so please keep your answers fairly simple.

Tonight I have noticed these grey horizontal bars on my monitor and the color is washed out. Is this a monitor problem or a video card problem? How would I find out or do I need to take the computer in? Thanks so much

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I just got a brand new Asus VH H monitor from Newegg Pulled it out of the box set it up on my desk plugged it in connected it to my laptop Acer Aspire and Asus monitor - lines. VH236H horizontal flickering all was good That was about hours ago Now I m seeing horizontal flickering lines all over the screen Some are thin lines others are thick Asus VH236H monitor - flickering horizontal lines. bands They re constantly moving up and down the whole display Did some research and seems like when this happens it happens on all inputs But the funny thing is for me the flickering lines are only visible when in VGA mode When I switch to HDMI my Playstation all is well No lines Asus VH236H monitor - flickering horizontal lines. anywhere in sight Unfortunately I don t have any DVI devices to also check that input I ve checked all the resolution refresh rate options given to me and they re set to the recommended Asus values x Hz Can anyone tell me if this is a defect with the monitor or if I need to find some advanced setting somewhere and change that Thanks CrazyRussian EDIT A friend of mine told me to unplug my laptop from its power-charger And it worked No more scrolling lines So what do I do now I can t run my laptop without charging it but while its charging the monitor picks up interference from the power cables EDIT Just tried running my laptops power cable to a different outlet and that didn t help EDIT Completely untangled laptop power cable separated it from all other cables and threw laptop power block as far as it can go and I moved the laptop inch away from the monitor That fixed the problem about The lines are still there but very very faint At this point I can t think of any other way to fix this Must be a problem with my laptop hardware that is causing the interference Also just in case I checked my old monitor Samsung SyncMaster b just to make sure it isn t just my new monitor and sure enough the lines were there and gone when I unplugged my laptop I just never noticed because the overall colors were much darker than my new Asus nbsp
Relevancy 84.28%

So recently I have been having some serious problems with my PC where I'm getting these small red white horizontal lines on my screen This problem first happened when my PC was having crashes and BSODs every now and again when I was playing screen? red/whit horizontal monitor Small lines on games but after one time it rebooted in a very small resolution with Small red/whit horizontal lines on monitor screen? these lines everywhere that flicker if I move the mouse around or something on the screen moves This problem always happens now and initially I thought it was my GPU dying so I left it for a month or two but today I decided to have another look at the problem so I connected up a different monitor to my PC and the problem actually dissapeared for about five minutes before returning again I also switched which port was being used on the back of the GPU and the problem dissapeared again so I switched back to the original port to see if it was a problem with the port and the porblem came back however I again switched to the port that seemed to be working but the problem has come back I also took a screenshot with the snipping tool and the lines did not appear in the screenshot Does anyone have any ideas what is going on Thanks

A:Small red/whit horizontal lines on monitor screen?

Here are the screenshots of the snipping tool screenshot and a photo I took of the monitor with all the lines on it
click here
Relevancy 84.28%

I purchased a new Z s monitor on Amazon months ago nbsp One week ago Black on horizontal and monitor Z27s lines flickering after a scan with Avast the lower half of the screen started flickering and I have horozontal black lines across the entire display nbsp It clears up for a few minutes once in a while but overall it's a banded flickering mess nbsp I've used Avast since I purchased the monitor so I don't think it would suddenly cause problems but I could be wrong nbsp Black horizontal lines and flickering on Z27s monitor I've tried pluging it directly in the wall instead of a strip using an Black horizontal lines and flickering on Z27s monitor outlet that's not on the same breaker removing all phones turning off nearby networking wifi devices hooking it up to a different computer to make sure it wasn't my GPU using a different hdmi cable nbsp and nbsp using different hdmi ports nbsp Nothing helps nbsp Does anyone know what the problem might be Also when I checked out the HP warranty nbsp I found the product number is not associated with the serial number nbsp I'm wondering if that means I have counterfeit equipment
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell Monitor model # 1908fwpt and we have used it as an external for a few laptops now, and on the last two hook-ups it has constant, non-flickering white horizontal lines across the screen. The only resolution that doesn't is 1280x1024 for some reason. I have changed the cables, used both VGA and DVI, and run the self-diagnostics and updated all drivers. I have chased this issue up and down and not been able to come up with a way to fix it. The monitor is not old, it hasn't been used very much, and I really don't want to replace it...

Any thoughts? Since its done it on a few different computers I tend to think its not a driver issue, or a cable issue... And the one resolution it works on is all stretched out and flat.

A:Dell LCD Monitor Has Horizontal Lines on all Resolutions but 1280x1024

Have you tried posting on the Dell Video forum? That would be a good place to start.
Monitors Forum - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a 19' Acer LCD Flat Panel widescreen and I turned it on this morning and it randomly started flickering with these horizontal lines or "bars" scrolling down the screen. It wont stop no matter what program is opened even though it shows up more on a black background than a white one.

Thanks for any help in advance.

A:monitor randomly has scrolling flickering horizontal lines, please help!

First thing, does this occur as soon as you turn the machine on or only when you log into Windows (assuming your running windows)?

Check all the external cabling first, make sure they are all securely connected etc. Also check internal cabling and remove and reseat the graphics card (if it is an add on card) and re-test.
Relevancy 82.99%

So when I was in school last night we had a power outage and when I got home from school and restarted my PC windows would not load I can get into the bios and boot options screen but nothing to do with windows itself When I try to load windows the screen just goes black with a bunch of flashing horizontal white lines randomly around the screen Lines my Screen Outage Power PC.....Black Horizontal HELP! l White Killed If I try a recovery disk it HELP! Power Outage Killed my PC.....Black Screen Horizontal l White Lines will first go black with a cursor in the corner for a couple minutes that reverts back to the horizontal white lines When I run diagnostics the harddrive fails and gets a error code I would like to fix the pc itself but will settle for a way to get files from the hard drive I'm a gamemaker and was weeks away from releasing my first game years of work and over custom images drawn by me Any information will be great because I have noidea what happened
Relevancy 82.56%

The problem is a consistent one nbsp I get a teal colored shading which is stable over some parts of the screen and flickering narrow white horizontal lines on some images nbsp It doesn t matter what the medium is video image desktop The monitor tests fine nbsp The problem started without warning and I made no changes to the computer before it started nbsp The only occurrences which might be responsible were a series of power outages we had while the computer was running nbsp I never really noticed if the problem started right after that or not Since colored Monitor Horizontal images teal flickering lines on shading - LED some and then I have replaced the CPU the video card and the HDMI cable nbsp I also flashed the BIOS in case that got corrupted nbsp None of these fixed the problem It s not overheating CPU and GPU both running in the s Celsius nbsp The RAM passes all memory tests nbsp Is it possibly the power supply nbsp I ve had them go out before Horizontal flickering lines and teal colored shading on some images - LED Monitor but this wasn t what happened before they did nbsp Does anyone have an idea nbsp

A:Horizontal flickering lines and teal colored shading on some images - LED Monitor

You did not say what OS or Dell Model.  Video artifacts like that are a sign of GPU overheating.
Relevancy 80.84%

So i have a Samsung quot monitor across Flashing lines sw monitor its only about months old and ive noticed that whenever i turn the monitor off for atleast a few hours or so and turn it back on or if i have Flashing lines across monitor windows set to power off the monitor after a certain amount of time and i move the mouse to turn it back on there are some horizontal lines spanning from top to bottom in the middle of my monitor They just kind of flash sporadically and theyre not too thick but noticable They only last for - seconds Whats weird is it only does it when the monitors been turned off for a good amount of time If i turn the monitor off and back on quickly it doesnt do it I tried it with my old dell monitor and it doesnt do it so i figured it was the monitor and not the video card Any help as to what could be causing this would be appreciated nbsp

A:Flashing lines across monitor

Did you buy it new? If so, it has anywhere from a 1 to 3 year warranty. I would get it back to the seller for an explanation and tests.
Relevancy 79.98%

Okay so i have a problem thats gone on for the past month and its really starting to get on my nerves, My second monitor start getting black flashing lines and the whole screen kinda flashes too, it happens when a game loads, or when i highlight something, or when i watch a movie, Etc. Sometimes it even just randomly does it. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Flashing black lines on second monitor.

Quote: Originally Posted by CoreyLowe

Okay so i have a problem thats gone on for the past month and its really starting to get on my nerves, My second monitor start getting black flashing lines and the whole screen kinda flashes too, it happens when a game loads, or when i highlight something, or when i watch a movie, Etc. Sometimes it even just randomly does it. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe the first place to check is the device manager, for updated drives.

The second might be the event viewer, to see if any problems are reported.

Third might be perfomance monitor in the control panel under adminstrative tools.

Can it actually be the monitor?
Relevancy 79.55%

Airbot,I really need your help again(hope thats the right name)

Computer is: Vista Home Basic Sevice Pk 1
AMD with 4GB memory (new)

I was listening to the 911 call about the chimp attacking the woman in Conn. when all at once my computer screen had these horizontal lines running all across the screen!!I wasn't watching the video ,just listeneing to the audio,after about 12 0r 13 minutes is when this happened,it was in full screen mode with a picture of the chimp on it. It was just a picture, no moving or anything. This has happened before,(just the lines are a new development) it never shut off it,this time, just stopped responding. what could have caused this?? When it happened before, it just shut off,I just never had anyone to help me before you came along!!

A:Computer has Horizontal lines after 13 minutes

Horizonal Lines, screen corruption, and artifacts are usually related to a failing graphics card or Motherboard.

But if it results in loss of power, or other hardware not working It could be related to a faulty power supply. (a faulty psu will damage both the MoBo and CPU)

You can try re-installing Windows to see if the issue still occurs, and update the graphics card driver.
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey, my name is Rui and i'm here to post a problem that im having with my desktop. I don't know what it is and i really don't know what to do. It is getting frustated because i can't play anything sometimes and i can't do stuff without the worry of the pc shutdown. Here's my problem. Sometimes when im doing some stuff at my pc, the pc freezes, a weird sound starts, and my screen becomes full of horizontal lines that looked like the screen before the freeze. I need to reboot the pc because of that.I hope u guys can help me. Thank u alot and sorry for my bad english

A:Computer Freezes, Horizontal Lines

my teacher says that when a computer freezes the CPU is full
Relevancy 78.69%

We're having a problem with our HP Pavilion laptop running Windows Vista where it crashes and all you see are horizontal lines on the screen. Below is a list of things we've tried to troubleshoot what the problem is, can anyone interpret from this list what the problem might be or have anything else we can try to narrow the problem down?

- crashes on battery and AC adapter
- updated bios, drivers, ran antivirus, downloaded windows updates, did system restore, still crashes
- when it crashes, music freezes as well, so it's not just video card
- didn't crash when it booted and ran from norton antivirus CD
- rebooted and ran linux from CD, crashed on linux
- removed/replaced battery and RAM, still crashes
- hard disk check completed without problems

Relevancy 78.69%

I have been having this problem since I built my computer in January. My entire computer freezes up and I am presented with the following. I have no Idea what is causing this. Please Help!

A:Computer Crashing with multicolored horizontal lines

is your pc OC'ed in anyway and does it do it when doing certain activities or when just at idle? you might want to look at your event viewer and reseat your ram and gpu, you should probably also run memtest 86 for a few hours and see if it is bad ram. how many ram modules is it?
Relevancy 78.26%

I have faint black lines flashing diagonally across my computer screen. I have Windows XP, a HP tower and and ENVISION monitor. I tried to troubleshoot~ control panel-display-settings- changed resolution no change in problem! help! Thank you Susan

Relevancy 78.26%

Greetings I have a problem with my LED monitor and I m not sure where should this be posted either as hardware or software so I put it here The thing goes as follow I bought a samsung syncmaster SA LED monitor for my pc about a year and a half ago and so is now out of guarantee I havent had problems with it previously but recently vertical SA300 LED Flashing monitor samsung lines on flashing white stripes have started appearing on the display particularly when the monitor is showing black or dark colors and when I Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 just turned it on Also it s been getting Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 worse as time passes first it would only happen on first few seconds after turning it on but now it happens whenever dark colors are abundant on the screen wich makes me think this could be my monitor telling me it s about to die I would really apreciate if you could help me sort this out and if this is in fact a hardware issue if repairing is viable possible and it won t cost me more than half of the monitor original cost or if I should start saving for a new one crap I do recall having read on some tech magazine that LED monitors are more quot repairable quot than CRT and LCD ones so I can only hope it s not something bad Thank you very much in advance for whatever time and help you can provide me for my problem nbsp

A:Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300

Did you get this solved?
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a microsoft laptop and my when turned on my laptop screen flickers and has black horizontal lines running down it and seems static like or pixelated, it usually stops when i sit my laptop a certain way but now it does it all the time
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey and thanks for reading this post Yesterday I was playing a video game when My computer froze completly Ever since a computer crash my computer starts up with pink lines horizontally when microsoft windows loads after lines computer Pink horizontal starts in dots and is only displaying colours When trying to change the display settings all the video card information is not being displayed Pink dots in horizontal lines after computer starts I suspect is a video card hardware malfunction but I could be wrong When The computer starts I get a message saying quot Windows has not loaded properly perviously quot and gives me the option to run the Windows Startup Repair After running the Windows Startup Repair it fails to fix the problem and I get the message below Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Singature Problem Singature Problem Singature unknown Problem Singature Problem Singature AutoFailover Problem Singature Problem Singature NoRoot Cause OS Version below is a picture of what the screen looks like during windows startup repair Note Windows Indicates that the problem may be due to a new device installed Pink dots in horizontal lines after computer starts in the Pink dots in horizontal lines after computer starts computer however I have recently not placed any new device into it any advice would be great Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

First of all this occured when the electricity went off one day I had my computer connected to a ups LED power won't and start PC supply Flashing and a safety power hub but i didnt manage to shut it down before the battery of the ups went off so it forced closed on its own After that the led of the power supply not the one on the psu but the one which is located in the chassis in front where the hdd led is as well started flashing and the computer wont start at all I started turning off and on the power supply button on the psu and i could hear a noise not a loud one like the one you get with a ram or w e problem but a silent quot quot vzzzz quot thinky After multiples swith off and on from the psu button the sound stoped Flashing power supply LED and PC won't start and the pc started However when i shut Flashing power supply LED and PC won't start it down again the noise is there again and now i cant start it again Now i want to buy a new psu in order to fix the issue but i am not sure if it s the psu s failure Any ideas if it s the psu or something else nbsp

A:Flashing power supply LED and PC won't start

That sound like a problem with psu to be sure get yourself a psu tester you can get a good one for around a 10 on ebay also take a look at your mobo to see if there is damage there also check your ups and safety hub.
Relevancy 76.97%

Its my first turned power Supply Flashback when LED is flashing on build and I think my motherboard isnt working but more specifically I want to know why the flashback led is flashing when I turn on the power supply Power is going into the motherboard the standby light comes on as well as the Flashback LED but when I attempt to turn the computer on with the power button Flashback LED is flashing when power Supply turned on on the case nothing happens I ensured both the ATX power connectors were fully in everything is connected RAM is in but the computer will not boot Also I might have have connected the power to the case in at the opposite ends ground to power and power to ground but it has been reversed and if that is the problem would I have to replace the case or the motherboard Here are the specs -ASUS M A motherboard -Fractal R ATX Tower Case -AMD FX- core AM GHz -Kingston GB in SSD -Corsair TX -Kingston gb HyperX DDR Ram nbsp

A:Flashback LED is flashing when power Supply turned on

No idea but slight suggestion Power supply???
Relevancy 76.97%

I had a lightning strike and I think my Power Supply may be shot.

I had it plugged into a cheap surge protector, but I don't trust it.

When I plug it in, directly to the wall socket, the green LED on the back of the power supply just flashes constantly. But when I try to turn the computer on, absolutely nothing happens.

I tried a new power cord with no luck...same thing.

Might there be a reset switch in the power supply, or does this flashing green light mean that it is dead.

Thanks...I appreciate your help

Relevancy 75.68%

I've noticed lately that when I return to my computer after some time and the monitor has shut itself off, upon "waking" the PC the screen comes up and often has been shifted slightly left or right from where I had centered it.

I'm getting tired of opening either my video card or monitor controls to re-center it, as I think most of us know this is anomolous and should not be necessary.

To make things worse (perhaps) this is a problem that occurs independent of what version of driver I choose for the video card, and it still persists after a recent reformat and replacement of the OS.

The PC is a DIY and I have not had it long, but I am certain that this problem has not been present since day 1. I'd appreciate ANY insight. Specs follow:

AMD a64 +3500
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
Corsair XMS PC3200 2x512
MSI NX 6800GT 256

Relevancy 75.25%

lt quote gt Hi all Found this site and was hoping for some help A couple weeks ago I turned on my ASUS G SX-XR and the screen never came on I took out the battery and discharged the static electricity and my computer started up fine Well yesterday after coming back from a vacation where I took my laptop with me and used it all weekend my laptop screen wouldn t come on again I lines startup programs flickering connection. Computer crashing no internet Also horizontal and tried the same method as before and it still didn t work Troubleshooting it I found that the backlight wasn t coming on Graphics card OK Computer startup programs crashing and no internet connection. Also flickering horizontal lines I saw with a flashlight that the computer was running but it was running Startup Repair This worried me I let the computer set for a day and today it starts up fine backlight and all But now Computer startup programs crashing and no internet connection. Also flickering horizontal lines my laptop connects to the router but with no Computer startup programs crashing and no internet connection. Also flickering horizontal lines internet access both wireless and wired connections neither at home or at school Also some basic startup programs that I ve never had a problem with are now crashing on startup Can these two problems be related Or is it an inverter going out and corruption of files --Adrian lt quote gt This was my original post in another forum but I believe it now to be a virus malware problem Here are some changes to my situtation What I mean by programs crashing is that on startup multiple popup boxes appear with the Text quot APP has stopped working Windows is searching for a solution to the problem quot This applies to Intel TurboBoost Monitor Facebook Messenger AIRecoveryRemind ASUS LiveUpdate ASUS Vibe My screen now has a backlight but the display is showing tons of moving flashing horizontal lines and some ghost imaging All of these move I ve run RKill TDSS MBAM DDSLog Speccy and the internet restoration program as recommended by people and to no avail the programs still crash and I can not get internet access Here is the DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Adrian at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Internet Security Enabled Outdated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Internet Security Enabled Outdated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW avast Internet Security Enabled B - -D - E - A A D BBB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Asus Rotation Desktop for G Series AsusUacSvc exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Common Files Nuance dgnsvc exe c altera sp quartus bin jtagserver exe C Windows system lxebcoms exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld exe C PROGRA PHAROS Core CTskMstr exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Pro... Read more

A:Computer startup programs crashing and no internet connection. Also flickering horizontal lines

Hello Adrian,

Welcome to the forum and apologies for the delay.

Please let me know if you are still there and need assistance. In that case please update me about the current condition of your computer.
Relevancy 75.25%

My sister-in-law has an eMachine that she turned off and unplugged before leaving for vacation A week later she returned and plugged it back in only to find it won t turn on I don t know much about this pc other than it s a tower and about or so years old I figured it was probably the PSU power supply but wanted to verify as many things as possible Basically there is a green light on the back of the pc on the PSU that will flashes on and off when you try to turn on the computer The PSU fan doesn t spin and nothing else makes any turn eMachine won't flashing, green power on light (PSU) supply attempt to turn just dead I pulled all the power connectors and jumpered the power switch pins - this gave me a eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on solid green light on the PSU and the fan spun normally I tested with a voltmeter and got the proper voltage on all the pins I am thinking that this probably rules out the PSU but not as something could be pulling it eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on down Any ideas on what else to look at I hate to eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on buy a PSU when it appears this one is ok That pretty much leaves the MoBo and or CPU I ve pulled all the cards and memory trying to get it to do anything and nothing affects it I suspect there is something wrong with the MoBo but don t know how to verify that Any help or advice is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on

What you need is a PSU Tester which you can get on eBay that will tell you if the power supply is bad.
Relevancy 72.67%

can any body help me plug the power supply back to my mother baord, i unpluged it, and then lost the power supply. the mother bard is of an unknown brand. you plug two 6 pin plugs into it. one plug has orange,red, yeloow,blue, purple, and then black, and says P8. the other has 3 red in a row, a white, and two black and says P9. the board is pretty old it has a pentuim 200.

Relevancy 72.67%

Have just moved house and before the move the computer was not crashing but now it is intermittently either Computer with crashing lines coloured flashing crashing to coloured lines then a black screen or restarting itself We had had issues with it restarting and crashing to blue screens about a year ago but got it fixed and were told it was the graphics card The most recent change was an update to an NVIDIA driver NVIDIA graphics driver and NVIDIA update just before the move and after restoring to point before the update it seemed to stop crashing but then NVIDIA updates again automatically My Computer crashing with flashing coloured lines boyfriend said he d deleted it completely then and there were no crashes until just now Computer crashing with flashing coloured lines when it has popped back onto the computer We had taken windows updates off automatic Please could someone advise me of what to do Deleting the driver does compromise graphics quality but that version seems to be causing problems and keeps appearing on the computer eventually anyway We are using windows vista home basic Computer crashing with flashing coloured lines Sorry not sure what else you need to know right now Hope you can help Thanks

A:Computer crashing with flashing coloured lines

1) Disable Windows Update from automatically installing anything other than critical updates. NEVER download drivers from Windows Update.

2) Roll back the video driver (in device manager).
Relevancy 71.81%

hi guys a little help here.. just installed a sapphire radeon hd2600 pro into pc and did not know about connecting the power wire to the board. anyway cut a long story short it works fine and the power wire still not connected??? should i connect it or leave it as it is?

A:Power supply not connected on Radeon HD 2600 Pro but works?

Cards like that in a normal environment will operate fine without external power, but once a load is put onto the card it will most likely become unstable. Go ahead and connect it to save yourself problems in the future.
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an Intel D946GZIS mother board ,Core 2 duo-1.86 GHZ processor.,400 W power suply,SATA Seagate-160 GB.

The external HDD is Seagate Barracuda-160 GB IDE.

Off late Ive been getting errors stating that there is a power surge on USB when I connect the external IDE HDD and all the USB slots are dead until the PC is restarted inspite of my HDD having an external power source.Why does this happen?

When I disable 2.0 in BIOS there is no such problem.But the USB connection is very slow.What could be the cause of the problem.What is the solution?

A:External IDE drive with power supply connected via USB 2.0 freezes PC .why?

If the External is faulty you could wind up with probs with the system itself. I would stop trying to force something into a system that may well have a current problem and see if I couldn't test it after I purchased a new usb wire for the thing at the very least.
Your External could very well be bad. Jazz
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a brand new Latitude E that I m trying to connect to a k monitor thorough an E-port plus II docking station Unfortunately the image keeps blanking out on the monitor at a variable rate between once a second and once every few seconds I ve tried both a displayport cable and a DVI-to-HDMI cable for the connection image to 4k station connected E7470 monitor docking Latitude produces flashing/blinking on and the result was the same Changing the resolution did not help either I am running the latest BIOS Latitude E7470 produces flashing/blinking image on 4k monitor connected to docking station and latest Intel graphics driver from the dell support page both about a week old By the way the BIOS update messes up the OS installation - buyer beware I ve tried many other combinations to trouble-shoot the issue Different laptops E xx same E-port same monitor - gt works fine Same E different E-port old USB same monitor - gt monitor blinks Latitude E7470 produces flashing/blinking image on 4k monitor connected to docking station Same E same E-port different brand k monitor different DP cable - gt monitor blinks Same E same E-port monitor switched to DP - gt monitor stays black Direct connection between the E Latitude E7470 produces flashing/blinking image on 4k monitor connected to docking station and the monitor via HDMI - gt works but only at Hz due to HDMI limitation So the conclusion is that the combination of E E-port k monitor doesn t work regardless of the exact monitor or exact E-port That leaves the E as the only logical culprit Is this problem a design limitation of the E a known driver issue or a faulty notebook Thanks in advance

A:Latitude E7470 produces flashing/blinking image on 4k monitor connected to docking station

I am also having a similar problem with my 7470. Newest bios and drivers are installed. Happens on both the laptop's screen and using an external monitor through a docking station.
Seems to start after the monitor has been turned off due to PC activity. Can fix it with a restart OR by changing the resolution and changing it back. Both highly annoying options. Switching from external to laptop screen does not fix it, it will continue.
my external screen is using a DVI connection from the dock to the monitor which is also DVI so I am not using some kind of adapter. Removing the connection from my KVM does not resolve the issue either.
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,

My Toshiba Satellite A30-871 notebook has started discharging the battery whilst the mains power supply is connected (The LED shows that AC is connected but Laptop consumes battery power instead of charging battery and using AC power). When the battery reaches 0% laptop will switch off. Removing the power plug and reconnecting does not solve the problem while the computer is ON, only shutting down computer starts the battery to charge. Which means that I can use laptop as long as battery retains some power. Sometimes when the notebook is off and battery is being charged, battery charging LED starts to blink and I have to remove the power jack and plug it back.

I don''t think its a loose power connector because the light shows the power is connected.

I wonder if anyone got a solution for me.

A:Toshiba Satellite A30 - Battery starts discharging if power supply is connected

Anyone around to help me out?
Relevancy 70.09%

My power supply died a few days ago and I have replaced it. My PC will now boot but will not send a signal (turn on) the monitor. Everything on the PC seems to work but it just will not turn on signal to the monitor. I have tried two different monitors with the same result.

Relevancy 69.66%

I have a TV/Monitor ( magnavox ) . It doesnt power on. The power light just flashes greenish-orange. Does this mean I need a new power supply?

Thanks in advance.
Relevancy 68.8%

A friend says this SYS Technology, Inc. monitor was working last time he used it, gave it to me. Does not have DVI, just VGA cable. Model SYS-15L-C-JT, label says it was made April 2002. I cannot find any SYS tech support. I'm looking to see if this thing is dead or if what's wrong is something simple or what. Is there a diagnostic program I can download?

I have tried a few things, like changing the sequence of connections, but it seems not to respond to power button or other controls on front. Each time I plug it in to power source (whether or not it's connected to PC) power light flashes green and it clicks every second or so. There is no picture nor status message onscreen.
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi My F1904 monitor seems to have a fault. When I power it on the power switch flashes amber and I get no display. Any suggestions? There does not seem to be any mention of this in the documentation. Many Thanks 

A:F1904 Monitor flashing amber power light

amber usually means sleep mode. flashing can mean different things. Disconnect the video cable, turn it off, pull the power plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it in and turn it on. Press the OSD buttons to see if you can bring up the on screen display. If that comes, up try connecting it again. Hopefully the PC is not sending out a bad video signal.
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently moved out of state, and somehow have missplaced the power supply that goes to my monitor. Its just a simple dc cord, but I cannot find anything that will fit. Its a viewsonic brand and va720 series. Anyone have any ideas of where i could purchase this part? I have checked viewsonics page and this part i cannot seam to find. Any help is greatly appriciated! Thanks a lot have a great day!

A:Monitor Power Supply

I'd suggest asking an admin to move this over to the Hardware forum. Just click the red/white/black triangle at the top of your message.
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a hp f1703 monitor that the power for it is like a laptop supply the specs call for a 12v 40 watt 5 amp supply is it possible to hook it up to the psu of the pc itself or would i fry it ?? reason i ask is because i cant find a power adapter for this unit

A:monitor useing pc power supply

DON'T try hooking it up. Buy the power supply for the unit. Here's one:|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

here's another joint, but I don't know anything about them:

Google it if you want more vendors/prices
Relevancy 67.94%

Ever since I ve owned my Acer AL WA i think that s the model it s a widescreen whenever I power it on i hear an electrical buzz in my power supply I ve even tried Supply Causes Power to Monitor Buzz plugging the monitor and power supply Monitor Causes Power Supply to Buzz s on two separate Monster Power surge surpressors noise reducers but the buzz is still there for the first minute that the monitor is on Oddly this even occurs when the pc is off power supply switch is off The only conclusion I can think of is that the monitor is causing either EM interference or it s sending noise into the computer via the DVI cable My noisetaker psu just died abruptly for no reason and the old whisper series I m using until I get an RMA experiences the same buzzing that the noisetaker did Since I ve owned the monitor I ve owned used two different video cards and two different motherboards with it and in both combinations i hear a buzz when i first turn the monitor on or when it comes out of standby could this be hurting my psu nbsp

A:Monitor Causes Power Supply to Buzz

Some CRTs degauss themselves every time they turn on. So yes, it is probably the degaussing circuits inducing or emitting some noise.

See if you get the buzz with the DVI cable unplugged. If it still buzzes, then the cause is EM radiation and it's nothing to worry about.
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I m new here but I have a problem and I m wondering if anyone can help me I shut my cpu down today and opened it up to clean out some of the dust in there I go to turn it back on and my monitor is staying in power save mode And it says on the monitor quot Monitor is in power save mode quot I didn t think I unlugged anything from the motherboard but I m not exactly the smartest when it comes to computers I checked all the cables and wires and they seemed in the right places I recently installed an Antec w power supply because my last one died on me If I remember correctly I think I had the same problem as before The computer is turning on but the monitor is staying in power save Does anyone have a clue what the issue is Should I try using a friends power supply in my cpu to see if that s what the problem is Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I am starting to think I may have a power supply issue and none of the programs I use seem to monitor it correctly or the power supply is bad. I have been using TOverclocker (came with my Biostar MB), Speccy, Everest, HWinfo64, HWinfo32 and SpeedFan. None of these give me consistent measurements or measure the voltages wrong from opening the program. Is there a monitor program out there that is very good at measuring power supply voltages. My MB is a Biostar TZ68A+. Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Program to monitor Power Supply

What symptoms are you having that you think may be related to a PSU issue?

The best way to measure voltages is not with a software program, but rather with a digital multimeter (set to DC volts on the 20V range or automatic) and using a technique called backprobing whereby the probes are inserted into the back of the power connectors so that they make contact with the wires inside. The only software that I would trust on voltage readings is the hardware monitoring in the BIOS (and even then I would take the digital multimeter reading as being the definitive). This is because software that provides this function takes its readings from the on-board sensors and then applies a predetermined offset which gives you the final output reading. Unfortunately, if the incorrect offset is used, it can lead to cases where a voltage is displayed as being out of tolerance whereas the same voltage tested directly is well within the limits.

Certainly, don't stop using these programs if you wish, but remember that the readings that they give should be treated as a guide and that if you have any undue concerns about any of the readings you should confirm (or otherwise) them with a digital multimeter as described above.
Relevancy 67.94%

All I have had a image supply after power No new monitor on home built No image on monitor after new power supply HTPC for years My specs are as follows ASUS A N-E Mobo AMD Athlon CPU Samsung GB HDs NVIDIA Graphics Card About a week ago I was watching TV and everything No image on monitor after new power supply all of the sudden went blank I went down to the basement to check on the HTPC and found that it was completely dead No power Nothing would turn on with the power button I remembered that a few months ago the power supply fan stopped running and took some manual effort to get it running again I assumed that the fan had stopped and the power supply overheated Problem is the case I own has a proprietary power supply So I ordered a new case and new power supply W I transferred all of my cards Hard drives DVD drives etc I turn the machine on All of the fans spin case chipset CPU The LEDs turn on to show Hard Drive activity and something briefly appears on the monitor saying something along the lines of quot No image on monitor after new power supply boot drive failure quot not sure of the actual text or what it means I restarted the machine and now I see nothing onscreen not even the boot drive failure message Again everything turns on It appears that something should be happening on screen but I get nothing The speaker beeps once not sure what that means I ve tried the following Connected via VGA connected via DVI-- gt VGA connected via HDMI - None of these worked I also tried switching out the video card to an older card that worked fine when I pulled it out of the HTPC about months ago Tried a new monitor Nothing shows up onscreen at all Also not sure it s relevant but the USB ports don t appear to be working I added a wireless USB keyboard mouse It has an LED that does not turn on when I plug it in Perhaps because I haven t gotten passed the initial boot up Is it a video card issue Hard Drive issue Mobo issue CPU issue I would have thought that at least the opening screen and bios would appear on the screen Is it possible that I missed a connection somewhere on the mobo Which one might cause this I m at a complete loss here and I feel like I ve tried everything Please help Thanks nbsp

A:No image on monitor after new power supply

You say the board beeps once. One short beep I think would indicate a DRAM (or more likely its controller) malfunction. You could possibly try to start the system with one RAM stick and try successive memory slots, then alternate with the second stick, but if the board is emitting one short beep then the prognosis is not good.
One long beep would indicate a successful POST (i.e. a normal system start)
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, i was wondering if any of you know any Power Supply Wattage meters that would fit in the drive bay. Sort of like the Thermaltake Silent PurePower - TWV480 power supply that comes with a total wattage viewer. but i just wanted the wattage view anyone know any good ones?

A:Monitor Power Supply Wattage

This unit might be a bit overkill if you only want to measure the AC power consumption but it was all could find with a quick search on Google. It also shows temperature sensors and can control a number of fans.

Zalman ZM-MFC2
Relevancy 67.94%

Right now I'm running (2) 24" monitors on the 300W power supply that came with my computer, which apparently is super weak but works fine. I'm going to add a third 24" monitor to my setup so I'm going to need to add a second video card as well, as I can only run two monitors off the card I have now. So with 2 video cards running I'll probably need a better power supply, but unfortunately I know next to nothing about them. I should note I already know what video card I'm going to get, that's not the issue. If a new power supply will do I'd much rather get a new power supply + new video card than one of those matrox triple head adapters or whatever they're called. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 67.94%

I've noticed in games that there are faint horizontal lines moving across (bottom to top) my monitor. Its not a big deal but once I notice them, it gets to be really annoying. I haven't tried another monitor because I don't have access to another one at the moment. It seems to help a little if I turn V sync on in games but I hate limiting my FPS.

-ATI Sapphire HD Radeon 5770 <>
-Drivers on gpu are up-to-date (10.8)
-Windows 7 64-bit with Catalyst Control Center
-Monitor: Dell SE178WFP (With drivers that W7 found)

I have tried everything short of a new graphics card/monitor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Horizontal Lines

I have tried everything short of a new graphics card/monitor. Any help is greatly appreciated

I would suggest downloading a temp monitoring program such as CPU-Z 1.55 here Download starting... - Softpedia
Also try blowing out the card with canned air and try reseating it.
If the temps are not a problem. And you don't have another card or system to try your card in, or a different monitor then it's going to be difficult to say it's your card or your monitor that is the porblem but it sounds like that is what is going on here.
Relevancy 67.94%

hi folks

I recently upgraded my old 9600 GT for something with a little more oomph - a GTX460. my card has been performing swimmingly until recently - ive noticed strange, wavy horizontal lines/flickering on screen in dark areas - particularly in games. this is usually accompanied by whining/buzzing sounds from the card itself. needless to say i'm concerned. I've checked and rechecked the drivers, booted into memtest for a full ram check and contacted the vendor (palit) without any luck. Its not a heat problem as far as i can tell, under stress the card hits about 61C maximum.

any ideas what could be causing this??

A:gtx 460 horizontal lines

Put the old card back in and if that works ok then it might be a bad card..
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently moved to the USA from NZ. I brought with me my hard drive K&T Pro2(MS-6330) ATX VA Motherboard.

I decided not to bring my monitor across with me (too costly).

I bought a monitor here in the USA which works on US PCs (tested). For some reason it will not work off my hard drive.

Could it be the power supply? Graphics card?

I have checked the cables (US); monitor and power supply.

Appreciate any assistance.

A:Monitor; power supply or graphics problem?

Which video connector are you using? D-sub or DVI? Could you be using the wrong DVI cable? Like DVI-D instead of DVI-I.
Relevancy 67.08%

A few weeks ago, my monitor startted fading and then coming back. I assumed that it was failing but did not replace it. It was happening a lot.

Now, it is still happening but not as often. I was wondering if a failing power supply have any effect on the monitor?

A:Can a failing power supply have any effect on the monitor?

the color was fading? was it slowly dimming? what was fading? hehe, and the only connection to your monitor is the vcard so other than the video card failing i dont think your monitor has anything to do with the psu.
Relevancy 67.08%

Thanks in advance I was given a newer PC from my neighbor Gateway P gig hd Gateway PC s Power Supply did not work so I ordered another New PS worked but the monitor won t boot up I Up Power Changed Won't Supply--Monitor Boot reformatted the hd w Windows XP Pro Changed Power Supply--Monitor Won't Boot Up and it works fine in my old PC I put the reformatted HD into the Gateway same thing monitor won t boot but it works fine with my old PC I went over all the PS connections Changed Power Supply--Monitor Won't Boot Up and for the life of me I think I have them all connected correctly Still no boot to monitor Green monitor power light just blinks Also no juice to the keyboard no green lights I really want the PC upgrade with the Gateway it is Changed Power Supply--Monitor Won't Boot Up a better PC for sure but how to get the monitor working The MAIN reason why I am wanting to upgrade is I have an Internet DSL speed of piped into the house but only get half the speed My current PC is VERY old Mhz not even a gig processor I need a new PC and hope the newer PC will boost all performance and if not I need to change my AT amp T service Any suggestions Sorry if I wasn t clear above hard to really nail things with words sometimes PP nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I just installed a new W power supply called Antec True I made sure I disconnected all the power cables attached to my hard drives DVD drive fans and the motherboard power the monitor on anything see supply, can't Installed new now Solved: before installing the new I double checked and everything is plugged in properly with the new motherboard I can see the light on saying my motherboard Solved: Installed new power supply, now can't see anything on the monitor has power and when I press the power button I can hear the all the fans including the one of the graphics card as well as the hard drives spinning For some reason though the monitor doesn t show anything Normally the light on it is green when the computer is on but now its yellow I have an AMD Athlon with GB of Kingston RAM A Geforce FX graphics card and an ASUS K V deluxe motherboad My system worked fine before I ordered the new power supply I ordered it on ebay and want to make sure it works and is not DOA Also I m greatly concerned about the possibility of a possibly defective motherboard breaking my computer nbsp

A:Solved: Installed new power supply, now can't see anything on the monitor
Relevancy 67.08%
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I have an nice HP Desktop PC that I have recenytly hooked Horizontal Lines Green up to my quot Sony Bravia since it has a PC input to play movies from in my living room Green Horizontal Lines At first everything was fine but now I am having a problem with HORIZONTAL GREEN LINES running from top to bottom constantly This is only on the PC input as I have checked all other inputs My PC is running Widows I have tried restrating the PC checking plugging-unplugging the VGA cable in and out of the PC and TV and that did not fix the problem Before this I had it hooked up to the quot LCD monitor that the computer came with and I never had any problems with these green lines before I have even tried adjusting the PC settings in the Sony Bravia and that has had no effect either Is there anyone who might be able to help me out with this Thanks

A:Green Horizontal Lines

can you reconnect to the 20" to test it?
Relevancy 67.08%

hi there!

i got a Benq E220HD monitor and Sapphire 4870 1Gb video card.

in some games that i play, especially when there are darker colors, i see some broad horizontal lines running up and the screen (kind of like those you see if you take a video camera and shoot the screen).

i had the same problem with one of the games (Bioshock) and then i changed the video setting so that there will be V-sync, and everything wa ok, but with other games, nothing that i can think of fixes it.

what should i do?

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Dell Vostro. There are horizontal lines on the screen as I power on the laptop which disappears after 10 seconds. It comes and goes again and again.
Relevancy 67.08%

Appreciate some assistance.

Using MS WORD (9.0.2720) to prepare some documents.
Managed to place a horizontal line in between two paragraphs, and have no clue as to how to get rid of the line!!! The line runs from the left margin to the right margin.

Have tried to highlight and delete, play around with several options, but that accomplished nothing. There is a way, but I do not know how to get rid of this line.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 67.08%

My current setup is:
ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT640 (2GB-DDR3)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4Ghz)
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 - 1600 CL9
Monitor is an old BenQ monitor (FP222Wa) with VGA only.

Now this setup is my current one (not the best), which is having the problems of subtle horizontal lines/stripes. I changed my mobo a few days ago (which is one thing I'm bad at), but it seems to work fine. Only problem is those horizontal lines. Could it be a voltage issue? This mobo has a lot of overclocking options in the BIOS, and I don't know if it has changed anything by default.

But yea, basically my GFX worked fine with my previous (very old) mobo and is now experiencing these horizontal lines upon installation of new mobo. I have updated drivers for all my stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- David

A:Subtle Horizontal Lines

Can you explain the horizontal lines?

Try updating the BIOS and tell me if that helps.
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm running XP, I started having horizontal "shadow" lines across my screen. Especially when using Word, or something with a light background and dark text lines. There is just a shadow all the way across the screen where the text(or dark object) is.

I bought a new Samsung 190s monitor. It still does it. Any clues?

A:horizontal lines across screen

If you already replaced the monitor, then your video adapter drivers are the next most likely suspect.

Locate the driver for your video adapter, whether on your motherboard cd, from the website or just let XP do it. Go into Device Manager, click on Video Adapter then remove. Reboot. XP will see your video adapter and more than likely install drivers. If you would rather use a different driver go back to your Video Adapter in Device Manager, highlight it and click on Properties>Update Driver and install the better driver from there.
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, does anyone came across of having a flickering horizontal lines in notebook lcd display, occupying half of my laptop display. Its moving and see purple and green color. I'm just watching movies when it started. Someone says the culprit might be the flex cable/ribbon between keyboard and display..thanks

View Solution.

A:Flickering Horizontal Lines

Hi there,Most likley the problem is going to be caused by either the screen cable been loose or broken, the inverter behind the screen or backlight. The only way to really tell is to take the laptop apart to find out. If your in warranty I advise you return it to HP for repair, Alternatively take it to a local IT repair shop. Many thanks,James
Relevancy 67.08%

Out of nowhere these horizontal green lines started appearing on my screen With & Horizontal Freezing Lines them my computer runs way slower and messed with my screen resolution and eventually freezes and Horizontal Lines & Freezing has to be manually restarted did a system restore to a month ago and then it was fine A few hours later however the lines returned After it froze again I restarted my computer and there were white lines while it was booting up I did a full scan with Avast and it said it found no infected files and Horizontal Lines & Freezing gmer said there were no modifications detected Here's my DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Andy at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes Horizontal Lines & Freezing C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RAVCpl exe C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXE C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x IOI Smart Copy ButtonMonitor exe C Program Files x Xfire Xfire exe C Windows CNYHKey exe C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin M SRCHMN EXE C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Xfire xfire exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows MHotKey exe C Windows ModLedKey exe C Windows ChiFuncExt exe C Program Files x Xfire xfire exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows SysWOW atashost exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system lxbccoms exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin m SkPlay exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system sdclt exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Andy AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE B TRSNZM dds scr C Windows SysWOW conime exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uStart Page hxxp www runescape com uDefault Page URL hx... Read more

A:Horizontal Lines & Freezing

I changed my resolution back to 1600x1200, and the lines are now vertical
Relevancy 67.08%

I don't know where to post this question, so started here.

Horizontal lines have started appearing on our Toshiba laptop (about four (4) years old). They start by shading (screen can still be seen through the lines, but very faintly) about one-quarter of the bottom of the screen and move slowly up until the screen is nearly covered.

Have tried everything including a complete hard drive erase and rewrite - nothing has worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Horizontal lines on screen

Hi I am not sure right now but I would see if any drivers need to be updated.

1. Clcik start...
2. Type: device manager...
3. update drivers.
4. view
5. show hidden devices

Now look for any yellow warning signs next to any drivers...
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello lets try this again I truly need help Multicolored Lines!!!!! Horizontal to figure out why when playing certain games ie Wolfenstein Fresco Wizard Mysterious Journey II or just browsing I get these annoying multicolored lines going down my screen I have to reboot to restore normal display I have update my ATI drivers no luck I have tried taking the side off the box thinking it could be a heat thing using a regular fan to just blow into the box no luck I will include the DxDiag info I see asked for a lot from reviewing other posts Please let me know if you can help me figure this out thanks ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HOME Multicolored Horizontal Lines!!!!! Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer n a System Model n a BIOS Default System Multicolored Horizontal Lines!!!!! BIOS Processor AMD Duron tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found DirectDraw test results All tests were successful Direct D test results All tests were successful Direct D test results All tests were successful Direct D test results All tests were successful Sound Tab DirectSound test results All tests were successful Music Tab DirectMusic test results All tests were successful Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found DirectPlay test results All tests were successful -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Multicolored Horizontal Lines!!!!! Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name RADEON SERIES Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type RADEON AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF- C D- B A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x AF Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result All tests were successful D D Test Result All tests were successful D D Test Result All tests were successful D D Test Result All tests were successful -------------- System Devices -------------- Name PCI bus Device ID PCI HAL PNP A Driver C WINDOWS system DRIVERS pci sys English bytes Name SiS Audio Driver Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp C Driver C WINDOWS system ksuser dll English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system ksproxy ax English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers ks sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers drmk sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers portcls sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers stream sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system wdmaud drv English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers sis sys English bytes Driver C Program Files SiS Uninst uninst k exe English bytes Name PCI Modem Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A amp EBB F amp amp E Driver n a Name SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp ... Read more
Relevancy 67.08%

Just got a new comp, and am having some annoying horizontal lines scrolling up and down the monitor. I'd take a screenshot, but I don't think it would help. It's not too noticeable unless you are playing a game/movie or looking at a still image.

Comp information is here:

There were some other problems, but I think I have them solved so this is my main concern atm. I am guessing it's the GPU or PSU, but I'm really hoping you guys will help me out here. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, temps seem to be fine and I have not OC'd.

Relevancy 67.08%

When I boot up win 98, I get approx. 50 white lines dancing across my screen.
I have a 17" Viewsonic VG175 monitor.
The white lines dance for up to an hour, diminishing little by little until they are all gone.
I dont know if this is a software problem or a monitor problem.
Has anyone come across this freaky thing before?
Thanks for you help in this mystery.

A:horizontal white lines

Next time you power up try booting up in safe mode which will use a different (default) driver and see if the lines are there. If the lines are still there in safe mode try the monitor on a different system to see if the problem occurs there. It sounds like a monitor problem to me.
Relevancy 67.08%

Every now and then, my computer just randomly crashes. When it does small horizontal lines appears on the monitor (see attached image) and the only way to fix it is to force the computer off by holding the power button on my laptop.

Currently I'm running Windows Media Center Edition XP Service Pack 3 on a HP Pavilion dv9074cl basically with all original factory hardware.

The only software that I've upgraded lately has been Nero 7.

Please help, this is getting a little ridiculous and happening more often.

A:XP crashes with little horizontal lines

I had a similar problem with my Acer laptop except I had vertical bars across the screen. Just remove Service Pack 3, you don't need it. SP3 doesn't affect desktops, I have an HP Media Center desktop with SP3 and no problems so far, it just seems to affect laptops for some reason.
Relevancy 67.08%

For quite some time now (Well over a couple of years) I've noticed small flickering black horizontal lines on my monitor usually coming out of the bottom-right hand side of the screen (Sometimes top-right). But they're not just lines. It's more like a graphical artifact. The line actually looks like dots, and it flickers until it starts getting shorter and vanishes (The movement of the line kind of reminds me of Snake). It doesn't always happen but often does happen on YouTube, seemingly exacerbated by scrolling.

I tried taking a screenshot of it, but it doesn't show up on screenshots.

The monitor is a Hanns-G LCD (28"). I wouldn't be overly surprised if the monitor is faulty as I've not been able to wake the monitor up from sleeping for years (I have to physically turn it off and then on).

A:Flickering Horizontal Lines

If the problem doesn't show up in a screen shot it is a problem with either the monitor or the video cable usually. Also having to manually wake the monitor up from sleep points to a monitor problem.
Relevancy 67.08%

hi could some kind person help me out with a problem i m having with my daughter s pc please On friday she informed me that the pc wouldn t boot at all so it came to my house with the instructions to fix it After trying to do a repair screenshake lines and horizontal install didn t work i tried installing windows again in a partion which did work until i d transfered most of the files i wanted over to the new section then it crashed again with horizontal lines and screenshake the same problem Then i formatted the hard drive and installed windows xp pro again transfered all the security she needed from a disc onto her pc and everything appeared to be fine however the last thing horizontal lines and screenshake to install was the nero burning cd i rebooted as instructed and since then i ve got black horizontal lines and the screen is shaking badly i m terrified its going to crash again as being a beginner with this kind of thing i haven t a clue as to what could be causing my problem I haven t had the pc connected to the internet yet and other than the lines and shakes it seems fine Could anyone give me an idea of what could be happening or at least give me a clue where to look thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys,
I have an e6410 with nvs 3100m and the screen is bad now.
Content is clear in the top 5 percent, however the rest is just garbled with horizontal lines.
Here is a video of it:

As you can see the Win10 system is in safe mode and it is repeated a couple of times at lower parts of the screen.
If I connect it to an external monitor thru VGA, everything seems fine.
Next, I tried nudging the cable near the motherboard and also the back of the lcd to no avail. 
So could it be gfx chip, cable to the lcd, or the lcd?
Thanks for your help.

A:Horizontal lines on e6410

In descending order of probability:
Bad LVDS or eDP cable
Bad panel
Bad mainboard

Try replacing the wiring harness first.
You can also test the display by holding D through powerup (you should see alternating solid color screens).
Relevancy 67.08%

I bought Lenovo Y50 960m version 2 weeks ago...Now when I shutdown/sleep/hibernate my laptop. if I turn it on again while the charger is plugged in, I get random horizontal lines like this video: If I unplug the charger, the lines are gone! I've the latest drivers of everything (Bios, Nvidia driver, intel HD 4600 driver)... 

Go to Solution.

A:Y50 Screen horizontal lines!!

Hi Ahmadlight, 
Welcome to the Forums        
As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with horizontal lines in your Lenovo Y50 laptop.
Check with different adapter,check with different socket if any other power cable available please try to swap and check for the issue.
Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   
Best regards,                                                          
Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!