Windows Support Forum

Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash

Q: Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash

Hey guys I have a HP Pavillion dv tx Screen and Solved: Crash Freeze thats right special edition XD I bought it in November The specs Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM Mb Nvidia GPU inch widescreen WIndows Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash Vista -bit For two years my laptop has gone through very turbulent times with me It has been subjected to stains food etc I replaced Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash the keyboard recently Now my problem The other day I was playing Enemy Territory Quake Wars Then the screen froze up and slowly lines started appearing on the screen https lh googleusercontent com cX BWSeUEw TXEnlW Z-kI AAAAAAAAABg UZBPLmxVXlY s up JPG I pressed Ctrl Alt Del and the game unfroze I didnt think much of it I also realized that the laptop was hot It was on a glass desktop and I do not think ventilation was a problem since the fan vent is somewhere behind the screen hinges This problem kept recurring even after I had let the laptop cool Now the laptop won teven start Vista starts loading then the screen freezes lines appear and automatically shuts off https lh googleusercontent com cX BWSeUEw TXEnlwzhVhI AAAAAAAAABk OAq rLUjjls s upload JPG The fan isnt even running I have recovered all my data thanks to the Ubuntu Live CD god bless them Even in Ubuntu I found some pixels would remain red and that the display was not proper My friend told me that the problem was due to over-heating and due to the fact that i used to leave my laptop on at nights occasionally My battery doesnt run long without mains power thus the laptop is always plugged in PS- I know I havent been taking very good care of my laptop If you cant help please do not start preaching about how laptops are the most precious things in the world PPS- Just tell me if I have to get a new laptop Thanks a lot for reading my essay DK nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash

No Preaching about laptops being so Prescious. Just a reminder that with the exception of a few, Laptops are not designed as Gaming Machines, and that they run at a higher temp normally than most Desktops. When you start gaming you start running into higher temps that can damage and kill things like the Video Adapter, the Motherboard and the CPU.

Using Compressed air to blow the dust out of the vent slots can help lower temperatures.

I frequently leave my laptop running over night while it is plugged in and it does not suffer. If the system were overheating though it probably would have caused problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-freeze-and-crash.984098/
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok here s the deal for several months my computer would randomly freeze up the screen would go blank and would say No Signal - for about seconds then it would come right back up Solved: Freeze Screen Crash Error Blank and be fine My computer tech Solved: Freeze Crash Blank Screen Error guy could not figure it out Today my computer would freeze then the screen would go blank and NOT come back I would turn off the computer and restart and then it would work for a while and the same thing would happen again Sometimes the computer would freeze the display would show very low resolution and I would get a dialog box that said quot The nv disp display driver has stopped working normally Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft quot My tech came out today and reinstalled the display drivers I couldn t get the dialog box error thing to happen while he was here of course Solved: Freeze Crash Blank Screen Error and he was unable to find out what the problem was Help Thanks for your time Julie nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I have the hp m8100n with vista home pro. I absolutely hate both.

I don't know what the hell is going on but here's what's happening:

Crashes and blue screens with the 0x00000024, 0x0000008E and a myriad of others.

If I use any combination of windows media center and anything else, it goes nuts, freezes and that whole memory dump thing starts.

Often, It freezes and just does nothing.

Every time, I shut down and reboot. Sometimes it would act normal thereafter and finally, now, it seems like it tries to reboot but the CPU does a short beep followed by a long beep every 2 seconds.

I am ready to throw this thing out the window. It all seemed to have started when I downloaded the latest version of iTunes/Quicktime. I have unintalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again, did system recovery, did windows updates, updated drivers... I GIVE UP!!

Can someone PLEASE help me through this?

A:[SOLVED] Major Crash, Freeze, Blue Screen Issues With Hp & Vista; Help!!!

Hi. . .

A bugcheck of 0x24 = NTFS file corruption - See if you can boot into SAFEMODE and run chkdsk /f from an elevated command prompt:
START | type cmd.exe into start search box | right-click on cmd.exe and select run as admin. Then type:

chkdsk /f

A bugcheck of 0x8e = a kernel mode application generated an exception. If the 1st parm inside the partenthesis is 0xc0000005 then it tells us a memory violation occurred. Run memtest86+ - click on the link below in my sig area. You will need to make an ISO and boot-up with the resulting DVD/CD.

I would run the memory dumps, but with the wide variety of bugchecks (STOP error codes) that you mentioned in addition to the beeping, this appears to be a hardware issue at this time and the dumps would probably not contain any helpful information.

Please look at the following from our Hardware Forum for information on the beeps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...es-146908.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-major-crash-freeze-blue-screen-issues-with-hp-and-amp-vista-help-286011.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This has happened 3 times in the past 2 days and I have no clue what's causing it. My computer has had this problem before but it just went away before. I'll just be listening to iTunes, talking on AIM, and browsing in Firefox and all of the sudden my computer freezes and it shows this blue screen then it just sits there and I have to restart.

Here is an idea of what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8akgG2BpTQ

The error I get says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Thanks.

A:Freeze, Blue Screen, Crash

Hi . . .

Please go to the folder c:\windows\minidump and collect ALL of the files. Also, run msinfo32, and sav it as an NFO (System info) file. Zip these files up and attach to your next post and I'll take a look at th dump files to see if if I can help you to locate the cause of your BSOD problems.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-blue-screen-crash-262444.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently acquired during crash screen freeze dump error a compaq presario F with Windows Vista Home Basic Lately my computer has been cutting out and a blue screen will appear with an error message stating that my computer has been freeze during crash dump error screen shut down to protect data and says to restart in safe mode I freeze during crash dump error screen ve heard of this happening when users start a program but for me this happens in the middle of what I m doing I ll have two or three programs running at once iTunes Internet Explorer and sometimes freeze during crash dump error screen Windows Live Messenger and then that blue screen will pop up and it will freeze the audio i m listening to broken record kinda sound and in the blue screen it will show quot STOP x x D EE x x FFFF x quot I don t recall whether or not a file appeared below that I also noticed that with other users the computer goes through the process of dumping memory and restarting itself Mine has never finished the process or restarted by itself I ve had to manually shut it down every time not sure if that is a bad thing to do though my computer will only get to the second line quot initializing data for crash dump quot then it freezes i ve tried to let it sit seeing if it takes time but it never did anything so if that stop code can pinpoint the problem that would be great but if not i ll repost with the full error message next time it happens nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-during-crash-dump-error-screen.620385/
Relevancy 63.21%

I don't get a BSOD, just a system crash. Screen freezes in place and no response from keyboard/mouse. My computer was freezing before with the onboard video card I had, so I swapped it out for an Asus HD4350. It used to crash with a blue screen with lines on it. Since the installation of the new card, it just freezes. So I think it's the video card.

Minidump attached!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A:Get random screen freeze/system crash

It does look like a video card issue. Try updating your card drivers.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\012010-32557-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e19000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03056e50
Debug session time: Wed Jan 20 15:49:36.009 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:10.570
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80047d9010, fffff88003a9bf68, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12f68 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80047d9010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003a9bf68, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'atikmdag' and 'atikmdag.sys' overlap

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`066e49c8 fffff880`042b4ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`066e49d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`066e49d8 fffffa80`047d9010 : fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`066e49e0 fffff880`03a9bf68 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`047d9010
fffff880`066e49e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`042b4c02 : atikmdag+0x12f68
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword p... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65018-get-random-screen-freeze-system-crash.html
Relevancy 62.35%

recently my graphics card seems to be having problems, because when ever i run a game and actually start playing the game freezes and crashes, wit those weird out colours spreading accros the screen. any ideas would help?

system specs:

amd athlon 64bit 3000+
512mb ram
256mb ati radeon 9550
80gb seagate barracuda

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Games freeze and crash with weird colours on screen.

Do the weird color patterns disappear after you quit the game you were trying to play? How do you manage to get rid of the weird colors spreading across the screen?

Make sure you have the latest Radeon Catalyst driver for your graphics card.

Here are the newest drivers for your video card for Windows XP Pro/Home:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Click on the "Installation Instructions" on that page if you need them.

Make sure you uninstall the previous ones first. Keep us posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-and-crash-with-weird-colours-on-screen.66835/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Tech Support Guy This is a long story so I will try to keep to the facts and things that may be useful to anyone willing to help Also I wasn t sure what logs to include so you can flame me for what you need Basically it started about Months ago I d get a random black screen every week or some nothing too major and I discounted it In the past month it has become much worse Every time I turn on the computer within mins of using it the video drivers will crash I mean they will crash and possibly recover like secs later or it will stay black screened and eventually reset Also the computer Screen/Driver on Black Crash/Freeze Boot will sometimes hang at boot indisciminately it will freeze on boot in safe mode menu in bios menu when the windows icon is loading Anywhere and any time it can black screen freeze Iv e also noticed that sometimes the computer will turn on and a dos like interface will come up with the blinking space looking thing and just sits there can t type or anything Its like it is failing to boot anything and just hanging What Ive Done Now before you give me all Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot the obvious answers im quite literate at computers I ve tried installing the most up to date video drivers tried rolling back to stable drivers I ve tried to remove drivers with driversweep in safemode and reinstall new ones Iv e tried it all tested different RAM run memtest run all kinds of diagnostics All will either freeze during the test or complete with no issues This had led me to believe that the problem doesn t lie with the Graphics card but with possibly the power supply or Mobo Months ago I was having BSODS so Umart my local replaced the graphics card to a GTX for me Ive also noticed after a freeze and rest I might not even be able to boot the computer for - hours It will turn on and no signal will be sent to the monitor Just hangs Whats really bothering me is the complete randomness It may work perfectly one hour and explode the next ANY help would be very much appreciated at im at wits end freezing every mins losing work games and vital university work Sorry for the illiterate typing and rage factor I m at the capacity of my technical knowledge here and really require some assistance I know your going to need my computer specs and other kinds of diagnosis information tell me what you need and I ll be happy to post anything Any program you want run and any test I just really want this fixed Thanks Reuben EDIT I did clean off my computer fix up desktop and do a run through with CCleaner and surprisingly that helped Did that couple weeks back and continue to do it although altely it hasn t helped at all EDIT I also about months back bought some new grease for my CPU and reattached it thinking this would solve the problem It did not nbsp

A:Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot

If it freezes entering the BIOS, there is a hardware issue.

List your full hardware specs.

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools available from their website.
You can test the RAM using Memtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-driver-crash-freeze-on-boot.1002670/
Relevancy 62.35%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Gentlemen As my title post says it Freezing Freeze crash and i (Racin black rFactor run screen when Black Screening and Crashing when i am racing I racing using rFactor i got the impression it is from my video card but i am really not shure Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin Thank for the help i really dont know where to start Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP BCP E C FC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP C BCP F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin

Translation

Quote:
Problem signature:
Event Name problem: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3084

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86E2C8FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 121809-17643-01.dmp
C: \ Users \ Denis \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER-28376-0.sysdata.xml

Hi DC Welcome to SF ,

Please post the dump file
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/47859-freeze-black-screen-crash-when-i-run-rfactor-racin.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Recently i been having alot of these Random multiple Bsod which says IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS PAGE FAULTY IN NON PAGE AREA AND APC INDEX MISMATCH during copying downloading files and even playing games and internet explorer crashes alot too saying smthing about compatibility and im really frustrated Also i got Bsod while running system index rating on my newly fresh installed win Bsod,screen freeze,internet crash Please explorer Multiple Help! plus the fan isnt loud just a sudden bsod which im assuming not overheated issue Ive tried to reboot and run in safe mode to recover which is system restore but i still get bsod IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS so i run last known configuration and just open browsers Guess what after - mint Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help! i got another Bsod Before this the fan was usually loud on window startup and running programs but it was solved after i change the ram position i think because it isnt loud anymore I let windows run on with nothing program running and it still Bsod itself after - mint I really dont know what should do next because ive tried everything i could based on other forum that i read may help and it still BSOD Ive tried to update my drivers like network graphic card chipset realtek sound and even bluetooth I was using Avast anti-virus before this in my previous win ultimate bit and which also Bsod the other forum suggest to clean format and reinstall windows without avast which is what im doing now but still with fresh installed win ultimate bit along with few important driver such as chipset realtek sound network i am still having Bsod with same dump Owh and sometimes while internet browsing my screen is freezed cant move or click anything but only my cursor weird isnt it It wasnt like this before i last format my laptop few months ago Im using a notebook Acer aspire about yr old GB the other GB ram is from a friend and it serve me well for about yr now geforce m AMD tutorion Ive tried with swapping the ram also using only ram to boot but still same issue came up PLUS i cant run memtest my lappy keep shutting down while running it for about - min the fan turned so loud nonstop is this normal to other notebook while running memtest Ive tried to run chkdsk with no errors currently have no anti virus just windows firewall A friend said my lappy might need a new thermal compound so i bought yesterday but hvent apply it yet Im tired and almost give up trying everthing to be honest im not a person who knows about these stuff What i know is when i install new window i use drivers from acer europe itself and it works just fine previously But now i cant play any games or even surfing internet all i want to do is save my lappy instead of buying new ones I hope i can find solution here please help any suggestion will be great and tyvm in advance sry for my bad english if there is

A:Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help!

Please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide the full reports for analysis.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Provide the following information about your hardware so we can check compatibility:Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
go to where the images are saved,
right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
create a new folder,
name the folder CPUZ,
select all the images,
place the pointer over an image,
press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
upload the .zip file to the forums.
-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsod-screen-freeze-internet-explorer-crash-please-help-692617.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Just like the title says my rig will be running fine and then just stop on whatever report. randomly, Screen Must boot. crash freeze hard No frame was Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. last pushed to the monitor No BSOD file is created and the only way to get back is to hard boot the system Also the last roughly quarter of a second of sound will loop quickly almost creating a buzz I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this please redirect me if it is I'm running out of options here but this is a list of things i've done already -Reseat memory -Memtest -Replace memory -Completely reinstall windows -run CHKDSK few errors found -Reinstall windows on a different hard drive -remove sound card -remove video card -test for overheating none found -turn down overclock None have had any effect Since Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. it's not actually shutting down the computer i Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. can't think of a way to record any type of crash log This has occurred when playing games watching video online editing video installing programs and also when the computer is on a screensaver However it went through an entire night running prime at a Ghz overclock with excellent temperatures C Right now my rig is sitting without a video card or sound card still having the same crash Any suggestions for tests or diagnostics welcome

A:Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot.

Hello and welcome Laureon try these in this order in safe mode if you have to but prefreably while the thing is going and delete any rubbish the scanners pick up

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

(download from bleeping computer)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309581-screen-freeze-randomly-no-crash-report-must-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My Windows XP Pro PC Asus p Series motherboard Pentium processor GB Ram mb MSI Graphics Card Matrox RTX Video card keeps getting scattered glitches across the screen and then very soon after the system locks up freezes and then sometimes completely crashes The computer was self built about years ago mainly by a friend and its main purpose was to video edit but hasnt been right from the start I had used it and my crash scattered system lock across screen, up/freeze glitches ok and edited a few things but stopped using it for some time when it started to crash quite often I tried using it agian recently but now I get this happening within the first min of using it One thing i always thought was that it scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash got to hot the software temperature gauge often showed it approaching red all the time but this was confusing because I have fans on the case scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash one in a flap out the top of the case plus I mounted a fan in a spare AGP slot near the graphics card I wondered if the CPU was still over heating and causing this in that case I wouldn t have a clue what to do or if the graphics card was faulty in which case would I need a new one I wouldn t want to spend a lot in case this wasn t the problem Thanks scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash in advance for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Can someone help I have been experiencing ongoing probs and more frequently despite running various virus scans even switching out virus security from Avast to Avg And I've taken it to a shop to have them run their anti-virals and to monitor it some things were removed but it persists I'm running XP I know it's dated but until I can update it's what I have I used to run with too many Blue still virus screen happening freeze/crash...after URGENT!!! - scans - tabs open which I have stopped doing - because it doesn't last that long and now while I'm in the middle of basic URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening tasks it crashes I suspect a virus though the error codes shows a driver issue see screenshot of messages Error Signature BCCode d BCP C BCP BCP BCP B A OSVer SP URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening Product Error Report Contents C DOCUME Owner LOCALS TempWER d dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME Owner LOCALS TempWER d dir sysdata xml Can someone please assist in resolving this matter it's such a pain Many thanks in advance Raydumonde

A:URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening

Welcome aboard

It's not clear to me...
Is the computer bootable and in working condition?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567924/urgent-blue-screen-freezecrashafter-virus-scans-still-happening/
Relevancy 61.06%

My PC crash/freeze from a long time now...i tryied everything i could do this is what i did to fix my problems but failed:
1:reinstall my pc
2:RegCure to clean my registery's
3:avira to remove my viruses
and like i said my pc crash when i play games or watch movies on full screen...
So how can i fix this problem its realy anoying...
Thanks in advance

A:My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-crash-freeze-while-playing-games-or-watching-movies-on-full-screen.908113/
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Please help I am having a problem for two days now with my games either freezing or crashing It only happens with games and it is all fine with videos and other software It all started two days ago when I was playing Skyrim The game crashed but I was tired and stopped playing that day Next day I tried to play again times and it would log my game but seconds after loading it it would freeze and then give me a black screen then back to the frozen screen black etc After that the th and th time I tried to launch the game games All Solved: freeze or crash it wouldn t even launch It would give me a white screen and I would hear the music in the background I thought the problem was with Skyrim so I decided to Play Shogun Total War and as soon as my game loaded it froze and kicked me back to the desktop I tried again with Shogun Total War and same result the second time I then tried Civilization V and it did the same with that game I then decided to try Napoleon Total War and this time instead of a freeze it gave me a BSOD I went through Steam and verified the in the Local Files Verified the Integrity of Game Cache and it all came out fine At that time I decided to check my Windows Updates and my computer is up to date with the latest update being the same night I started having problems Don t know if there is relation there or not I checked my ENVIDIA updates and there was an update that I needed to do so I updated my driver to GeForce and tried the games again but all still froze or crashed I ran the Windows Malicious Removal Tool and it came all fine I also ran sfc scannow in the cmd and result was Windows Resource Protection did not find any Solved: All games freeze or crash integrity violations I tried disabling Windows Defender which was the latest Windows Update and still nothing I went to msconfig and disabled all startup restarted still same I disabled all but Microsoft services in msconfig restarted still same I disabled my sound card still no fix I went to my advanced system settings to the performance settings and adjusted them for best performance and still no fix I checked the Event Viewer and I tons of Warnings and Errors Most of them are nvlddmkm errors so I did all the steps mentioned in http www instructables com id How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error Still after doing all of those nothing fixed my problem At the moment I have run out of solutions that I have read in several forums online I don t know what else I can do Any help is greatly appreciated I have attached both my DxDiag and Event Viewer as txt files thanks nbsp

A:Solved: All games freeze or crash

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Looking at your DXDiag I see the PC is a Dell, can you give us the Dell Service Tag number of the machine we we can look up the exact system specs.

Is the PC fully standard or have you changed or upgraded any hardware since you got it?

Can you download and install HWMonitor (its free). Run the program and screenshot it with your PC just sat at the desktop. If you can run any games, leave HWMonitor running and run a game for a couple of minutes then exit and screenshot HWMonitor again, post the two screenshots in a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-games-freeze-or-crash.1104365/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently upgraded from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

I never had any problem with windows 98 but ever since i upgraded, when i right click on the desktop the computer will freeze. I will wait 20-30 seconds then the taskbar and desktop icons will disappear and then reappear and i can use the computer as normal.

The same problem also occurs when clicking the "File" button in an explorer window (e.g. My Documents)

Instead of waiting 20-30 seconds i can end drwtsn32.exe from the process list and then everything will disappear and reappear.

I will be greatful for any help.

Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: If its any help, the problem still occurs when running in safe mode.

Relevancy 58.48%

hi there..

have been around various threads and sites today..

it seems as though i have a little problem..

my XP is now very slow.. and it freezes after about 5 minutes..

the error message has the following..

app ver. 6.0.2900.5512
mod nam: unknown
mod ver: 0.0.0.0
offset: this changes.. but the latest are 03569b92 and 02ec9b92

so what i have done..

full virus scans with avg..
ran malware bytes..
ran super anti spyware

nothing wrong..

got rid of the old java and re installed the new one..

no change..

event manager has a couple of interesting errors (or uninteresting errors as the case may be!) ..

service controlmanager 7009
plugplaymanager 12

ran check disk.. and get a few deleting index entry in the second step... and then it aborts..

so now i am in your capable hands as to what i need to try next..

tks for your help!!

mike

Relevancy 58.05%

Ok never posted on a Techsupport site before cause usually I ve been able to trial and error my own problems but this one I just can t figure out It s pretty much that I have a quot Movies quot folder for my quot DVDrips quot and anytime as of tonight that I go into this folder my computer freezes up besides the mouse until I CTRL ALT DEL and close the folder which has the Not Responding Open Crash, help and Cannot Freeze Solved: Folder, Need Media title It closes explorer for about seconds than it reopens I noticed in the Task Manager in the processes everytime this happens drwtsn exe opens up I had of them running at once than I attempted at opening the folder again than I had drwtsn exe running I read on it and I m not sure if drwtsn has anything to do Solved: Cannot Open Media Folder, Freeze and Crash, Need help with it But anyway so I proceeded to uninstall anything I had recently installed which consisted of Cakewalk Sonar Producer edition Google Chrome Sonic Cineplayer Sonic DLA and other Sonic stuff I restart and try to open the folder once again and once again Freeze and force an end taskin task manager So than I go Solved: Cannot Open Media Folder, Freeze and Crash, Need help into DOS where I get the idea to move some files well it won t let me move movies in the D Movies movie mpg folder but files that are like d Movies Subdir movie mpg I could move that is if they had a subdirectory otherwise it said they were in use I moved about subdirectoried movies checking each one to the new place when I moved them I got to the th movie opened its folder and whaddya Solved: Cannot Open Media Folder, Freeze and Crash, Need help know freeze on that movie NOTE that I ve had all these movies for a long time and never had any trouble out of them so I know it s not a specific I than run a full Virus scan AVG and than run Spybot S D I find nothing on either So it s boiled down to I m terrified to go near my movies folder and I can t watch anything if I open it it freezes and a get a bunch of drwtsn exe files going My last guess would be some sort of Codec problem but than again besides installing Sonic and uninstalling it there s no other media programs that have been messed with and I don t understand how a codec would stop me from being able to even open the folder Oh and also I might add any other media on my PC TV Show rips folder for example has no problem just this one folder Any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT Well my one doubt was actually the problem Somehow a codec got corrupted and was causing this I removed all my codecs something I didnt want to have to do but I can now get into the folder nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-open-media-folder-freeze-and-crash-need-help.747648/
Relevancy 55.9%

First problum I have had fo a wile with right click no response and freeze or in my case crash and freeze click Avira freeze right and left because i switch buttons sense im Avira freeze and crash and right click freeze a lefty When i try to close the window a box comes up i have to Avira freeze and crash and right click freeze click on restart explorer The second thing is i switched back to avira software when i run it the computer freezes then crashes I shut down my start ups and deactivated windows defender as avira suggested but dosn t work except in safe mode I probly have to many free software and not a enough memory or one of my sofwares cossing problems Hears my hijack scan Logfile of IObit HijackScan v Scan saved at on - - Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall op mon exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exe C Program Files NextGen AntiKeylogger NextGenAkl exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files NuonSoft WallpaperCycler WallpaperCycler Lite exe C Program Files Glary Utilities memdefrag exe C Program Files AccuWeather Desktop AccuWeatherDesktop exe C Program Files Agnitum OUTPOS acs exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exe C Program Files GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXE C Program Files GreenPrint GPSRHT exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exe C Program Files GreenPrint gpsrdg exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows System mobsync exe C PROGRAM FILES REALTEK AUDIO HDA RTHDVCPL EXE C Users KEITH LOCAL SETTINGS APPS F LUX FLUX EXE C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files IObit IObit Security is exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security a hijackscan exe O - BHO Octh Class - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO GigagetIEHelper Class - CAA - F F- AC- -B C D BBAB - C Windows system gigagetbho v dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar WOT - - D- c -AAE - F EC BF D - C Program Files WOT WOT dll O - Toolbar Grab Pro - C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader GrabPro dll O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run NuonSoft Wallpaper Cycler quot C Program Files NuonSoft WallpaperCycler WallpaperCycler Lite exe quot O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Glary Memory Optimizer quot C Program Files Glary Utilities memdefrag exe quot autostart O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run OutpostMonitor C PROGRA Agnitum OUTPOS op mon exe tray noservice O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run OutpostFeedBack quot C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall feedback exe quot dumps startup O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run IObit Security... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avira-freeze-and-crash-and-right-click-freeze.881213/
Relevancy 52.46%

Guys my computer has started freezing and i tried running CCleaner and it is sticking at 30% temp internet files.Any ideas whats up?.

A:[SOLVED] Screen Freeze

Hi Alank.

How long are you leaving it at 30%? Or does the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive when it freezes?

/ Crit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-screen-freeze-643790.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I m not entirely sure but I think this problem started around the time I upgraded my GPU to an ATI Its really strange and VERY annoying Doesn t happen all the time but only right after logging in to Windows XP and while the windows chime is playing the sound will cut off and the monitor will turn off freeze log & screen XP after black Solved: in no signal and then nothing happens no restart Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in no blue screen I have to restart the PC manually I can t even get into damn safe mode because all I am faced with is a black screen monitor is on but no picture I have done all the basic steps i e Virus Scan even root kit scan Check Disk Memory Test tried disabling services and programs also did a Windows Repair to no avail If only I could get into quot Safe Mode quot I could do some more testing I have a feeling its got something to do with the graphics card problem is I don t have a spare card that I can test or a spare PC to test it in at this time Any ideas Specs XP Pro SP ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon X ghz Gb Ram non dual channel ATI Radeon Really appreciate any help from experienced Support guru s out there nbsp

A:Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in

$20 to the person who helps me resolve this, I promise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-freeze-black-screen-after-log-in.973889/
Relevancy 51.17%

Feel free to move if this is in the wrong area Specs are Gateway NV A AMD Athlon II X Processor P ATI Mobility Radeon HD GB DDR RAM GB HDD quot HD LED LCD DVD-Super Multi DL drive Windows Home Premium -bitt This issue has been happening to me either out of the blue after a period of time should be noted that followed screen. Sudden freeze [SOLVED] by blank I don't turn my system off very often though it is properly ventilated or soon after I begin copying media over from an external backup hard drive BestBuy's Geek Squad service examined it but their diagnostic software found no issues crash log from event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt [SOLVED] Sudden freeze followed by blank screen. lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Ben-Gateway lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Research from a year old Microsoft support thread I found seems to indicate that this is a hardware issue Hopefully I won't have to turn this thing in again wait another - weeks and hope that this time they run into it and give me a non-borked replacement system

A:[SOLVED] Sudden freeze followed by blank screen.

Upload a jcgriff2 report for me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Also, you can start with some hardware tests

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-sudden-freeze-followed-by-blank-screen-580190.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My HP desktop runs Vista Home.

Okay, so I thought I had my problem solved. For the previous thread for my problem, see here.

I had the computer working fine, installed a few basic programs (since I had performed a system recovery, wiping everything out), and felt like things were going fine. I did another Windows update shortly before shutting down which included Service Pack 1 for Vista. The next time I turned on the computer, it froze on the initial screen - the blue and white HP Invent screen.

Is there a problem with Service Pack 1? That's my first thought, but I'm not sure. The only programs that I installed are Spybot, Avira AV, Open Office, Google Earth, Firefox, SUPERAntispyware, and my USB wireless card driver. I had installed Service Pack 1 shortly before it started having problems the first time too. Please help.

A:[SOLVED] Vista Freeze on Bootup at First Screen

How very strange! I just got through fixing this problem on my machine - turned out that the keyboard was faulty and prevented the boot or gave me a BSOD. Changed the keyboard and away it went!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-freeze-on-bootup-at-first-screen-313860.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I recently purchased this laptop from Aarons Rent a center Wasn t Solved: Screen and issues Blue Freeze having any issues until recently I have been freezing up and getting kicked off and goes Solved: Blue Screen and Freeze issues to blue screen Today IE froze and gave me this report back with these issues listed below I use to come to this site many years ago and have always liked the help I got So I am back There was a few programs a support person had me run as well spy bot and ad aware I think But I am not sure So I haven t tried them Files that help describe the problem C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER tmp appcompat txt C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER C tmp version xml C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER DA tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WERBE tmp WERDataCollectionFailure txt C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WERBE tmp xml this is the error I got when it went to blue screen C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus None nbsp

A:Solved: Blue Screen and Freeze issues

closing duplicate, please do not create duplicate threads for the same issue. You are receiving assistance over at http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1130298-hjt-log-please-advise.html

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-and-freeze-issues.1130296/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have WIN98SE, i have Mcafee virus scan,
and the security center.....Everytime i'm on-line,,
and McAfee starts an automatic download of updates,
my screen always freezes up. Does anyone know if there's a quick fix for this,,,,,,other than restarting
my computer?
chuck-HD.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I'm new to the site. Taking a look around, it seems you guys know everything , so here goes...

Over the last few months, I've noticed that about a fourth of the time, when I or one of my family members either logs off or fast-switches users, the screen goes black, and no combination of mouse-clicking or key-pressing will bring the screen back. We just have to restart the system, and then it's fine.

Typically, this happens when more than one of us is logged on, but not always. We upgraded to SP2 a very long time ago, and this issue was *supposed* to be fixed in the service pack. However, this problem seemed to start independently of any major update.

Edit: Luckily, this has never happened when any program was running with unsaved data, so we haven't lost anything by rebooting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
celloblaze

A:[SOLVED] Black Screen/Freeze when switching users?

hello celloblaze,

mike here,

okay just to ask a few questions to get an idea !

what type of spyware /antivirus scanners are you useing ?

are you doing all your updates ( express/ custom )at windows updates ?

are you also updating your drivers ?

have you done a system file check ( windows installation cd required ?

also do you scan each user for spyware /viruses/ maleware ect...... ?

have you done a scandisk ?

what type of errors are you getting ?

are you shutting down all open programs befor switching ?

you see there are many factors that can contribute to one problem also if you could give more details about your computer this would help as in ( make / model / age / laptop /desktop /software a upgrade or full version, factory install or user install)

all we can do is try !!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-freeze-when-switching-users-169696.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guyz, the keyboard works upon startup, I can go into the bios and even startup the machine in safe mode. The moment the login screen appears, the keyboard seems to be disabled as well as the mouse. there is power coming to the optical mouse, cos the light under the mouse is on. I have tested the keyboard and mouse on another system and they both work fine. In the bios system, under the USB, the legacy is enabled. Anyone has any idea on how to assist???

Relevancy 50.74%

My computer is extremely slow and the screen will often stay blue for long periods of time before the icons appear.
It freezes up constantly
It is 8 years old and perhaps needs to be replaced but I am hoping I can make do for a little while unitil I am able to replace it.
It has about 10% back-up space left

Any help will be very much appreciated

dorcas22

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen, Freeze-ups, badly in need of tune-up

It has about 10% back-up space left

That doesn't really mean much without knowing the total size of the partition in MB, but you could well have reached the point where Windows just hasn't enough free space to run properly. Try defragmenting the partition:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter

Don't use the PC while defrag is running. If no improvement after doing that, consider buying a larger-capacity hard drive.

I would also test the existing hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic software to see if it's starting to fail. The links are here: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-blue-screen-freeze-ups-badly-in-need-of-tune-up-659885.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Around weeks ago I purchased a desktop on Craigslist It has worked great It is an HP Pavillion a c running Vista A week ago I had wireless Internet installed from Verizon It worked okay for a few [SOLVED] BIOS bootup at screen Vista Freeze on days but then it began having problems It starts up and the first screen that comes up is the normal black screen with white writing that I think is the BIOS screen - it says quot AMBIOS [SOLVED] Vista Freeze on bootup at BIOS screen c American Megatrends Inc Copyright quot and then lists the BIOS revision as and BIOS date as This is followed with the CPU type CPU speed Cache then RAM memory banks etc This screen also has sets of vertical white lines each on the screen Sometimes these lines flicker in and out The screen freezes and nothing can be done - keyboard doesn't work mouse doesn't work etc Up until last night it had been doing this freeze thing most of the time but occasionally starting up normally I did system restore to a previous date and it worked okay until I turned it off I've turned it on and off many many times since last night and it doesn't get past this freeze screen I found out that the USB wireless card that was installed is not compatible with Vista but I have note [SOLVED] Vista Freeze on bootup at BIOS screen been able to get far enough into the bootup in order to uninstall the software for it I do not have the Vista disk since I purchased the computer on Craigslist I do have an XP Pro disk if there is any way to just format the hard drive and put XP on instead I hope this is detailed enough Please let me know if more information is needed Thank you so much for the help

A:[SOLVED] Vista Freeze on bootup at BIOS screen

I would start by unplugging that USB modem. It could be causing the freeze up. Unplug any thing else that you have plugged in USB, except for mouse and keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-freeze-on-bootup-at-bios-screen-311755.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Everyone

Recently my HDD was replaced in my pc due to it was faulty (couldn't boot).
I got a new one and redownloaded my games, but now i have a decrease in FPS in most games and the newer ones (Rome 2, AC4 etc.) have large FPS drops and crashes to a black screen with flickering sound after a few minutes. This forces me to restart my pc manually. I initailly thought it was due to overheating, and i cleaned my computer, which cured some of the FPS drops, but the games still crash after a few minutes.
Does anybody know why this happens?
I have attached a zip folder containing the results from: DxDiag and MSINFO32.

Any help would be appritiatied, thanks!

Relevancy 49.88%

Sony Vaio Desktop Model PCV-C L with a Windows XP Media Center Edition The computer Starts just fine It login and it shows the Background on my desktop then as soon as the shortcuts start popping up the screen goes completely white and the only thing that I can see is the Desktop Sony [SOLVED] White Vaio Freeze Screen mouse cursor but I can't do nothing it just moves around -Then when I shutoff the computer from the tower button the white screen goes away and I can see my computer Desktop just fine and I can click a few programs before it shots-down I had try Safe Mode but it just keeps looping and reboots the Machine The only thing that works is the Safe Mode with Command prompt and the only thing that shows is the [SOLVED] Sony Vaio Desktop White Screen Freeze Command Prompt Window and I don't know what command to type Please Help just for more information I'm a National Guard and the weekend that this happened I was in service and my Sister and my aunt were using it and they say that a Virus window pop up and it offer them to Run a Virus Scan and they click yes later on when the scan Stop a Big window pop up and it had Big Locks asking to purchase the anti virus they ignored that and a few days this start happening

A:[SOLVED] Sony Vaio Desktop White Screen Freeze

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Do you know exactly what date your machine became infected?

This procedure assumes you have a system restore point to before you were infected.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by doing the following: Restart your computer.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, start pressing the F8 key.
In some systems, this may be the F5 key.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press 'Enter'.
Login on your usual account that has administrative credentials.

At the command prompt cursor, type the following bolded command and press 'Enter':

%systemroot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Follow the prompts to restore to a point before you started having trouble.

Your machine should do a System Restore and will reboot.

Upon reboot, you should get the message 'Restoration Complete'. Let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-sony-vaio-desktop-white-screen-freeze-717449.html
Relevancy 49.88%

For a while now on some the of the videos I watch (mostly on you tube but some other sites as well) my computer completely freezes or blue screens. I have no idea whats causing this, And would like some insight on whats going on or a way to fix it.

Windows Xp Service Pack 3
Pentium Duel Core E5400 @ 2.70GHz
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
3 gigs of ram
Direct x 9

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello!
This is my second thread on TSG, and again its on Half Life 2. I downloaded the game through Steam (AFTER TRYING THE DEMO, WHICH WORKED WITH NO PROBLEM) The game starts up fine and then it gets to the title screen. There is a beep sound that repeats over and over and over. The guard is frozen and the sound of footsteps of the other guard is heard but it is frozen. The title "Half Life 2" doesn't even show (Then I must run task mgr to close HL2) . This game is really starting to frustrate me. Any ideas?

running on Windows7 Ultimate
Specs:
http://www.laptopdrivers.net/specs/toshiba_tecra_m5_s5331_notebook_laptop_specs.html

A:Solved: Half Life 2 stutter/freeze on title screen

You haven't mentioned if you tried my suggestion from your other thread.
Force a DirectX level
This process may help with some older video cards -
some users report the game will run faster, as well:

Open Steam
Go to the "Library"
Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured
Select "Properties" from the menu
Click the "Set launch options..." button
Remove any launch options currently shown.
Type one of the DirectX level launch options specified below in the box
DirectX Level Launch Options

-dxlevel 90 (game will use DirectX v9.0)
-dxlevel 81 (game will use DirectX v8.1)
-dxlevel 80 (game will use DirectX v8.0)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-half-life-2-stutter-freeze-on-title-screen.1010479/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi My Laptop freezes on first freeze (desktop screen freeze) appears then boot Usually when I am using after - hours it boots as always but when desktop screen appears and and taskbar items are getting loaded suddenly the screen freezes I can do nothing at this point except a hard shut off and restart after which it starts working fine which is why i am able to type this I am very worried I have used the three tools you mentioned Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon screen freeze (desktop appears then freeze) exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption HpFkCrypt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C WINDOWS system ifxspmgt exe C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService exe C WINDOWS system IfxPsdSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM bin asghost exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard SeagateDashboardService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Embedded Security Software PSDrt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoDashboard exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https mail google com mail h sro wvsazgjv pli amp email protected amp zy g amp shva amp f amp shva R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SS... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-freeze-desktop-appears-then-freeze.987923/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a blue screen cash while using Mozilla Firefox> I am uploading something from eventvwr.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi people,

I am new here. I have known about this forum for a while now and finally decided to join.

I bought myself a Toshiba laptop with Vista installed about a month ago.
Almost from the get go, whilst in the middle of a Skype call, or just surfing the web, I get this blue screen (out of the blue so to speak) and then the computer crashes and restarts again. I believe it says it's doing a memory dump.

It's happening on a regular basis ( one or two times a day at least), which drives me nuts, so any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

Relevancy 49.45%

First my specs:
asus m2r32-mvp motherboard
AMD Athalon 64x2 dual core 4200 processor
Geforce 8500gt video card (pci xpress)
4 gig of ddr2 (dimm) ram
soundmax integrated hd audio
wd1600 jd-oogbo 149 gig HD
wireless mouse and keyboard
other storage and peripherals not consistently used

Just as the subject says my pc crashes once every couple of days at least more often if I have itunes running or Tivo desktop server (importing from tivo to pc). Sometimes I can move the cursor but it's slow and other times even that doesn't work. In the past I've blamed outlook and then itunes but now am not sure. I've also got a fair number of usb devices that may be on at one time, and this install is fairly old so a reinstall may be called for.

Relevancy 49.45%

I had a blue screen crash. I got it to back up my files and did a system Restore.
Everything is different now and I cant find my files I backed up.
Any solutions.
I restored it to original factory settings. I can't download Internet Explorer8 or 9.
HELP/.
This is frusting.
How can I wipe it all out and reinstall windows Vista. It was in my PC when I bought it.
Chuck.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have had a blue screen crash and attached is the memory dump. Think it maybe a driver problem but Mozilla Firefox 3.5 is beta so I just found out. Can you help please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-blue-screen-crash-394331.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Weird crash... AND dont mind black lines there xD this pic was edited since person who helping me wanted me show this part since he thought i need update BIOS but i ask here mby somone has other opions

A:Solved: Blue Screen crash

Memory management error. Probably a hardware problem.

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
Memtest86

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-crash.952942/
Relevancy 49.45%

I had a blue screen crash and after the memory dump it came up with this error message:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 80564C3A BCP3 : F3C5ABD4
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 49.45%

Thank you for helping at Black SC [SOLVED] 0x0000001 Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced So I am a blizzard gamer have WoW Diablo Now all of blizz's quot great quot games Well I bought the box set to include SC and SC brood war So I played a few lvls as the humans But then all the sudden when I am finishing lvls now the computer just goes to [SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001 a black screen And sits there until I hit space bar or esc This last time AFTER I updated my DirectX and my ATI Radeon X Video card i get this error message The instruction at x bdb referenced at x The memory could not be read So stats stuff now I run on an Acer computer Windows Vista -bit Service pack BE- AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Aspire M Model Memory GB Rating ATI [SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001 Radeon X Series AL W X McAfee is [SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001 running too Well I hope some one can help me All the searching I have done so far gets me no where just more questions SO reason behind this thread is so I can get personalized help rather then view others where there mac or diff proc or vid card THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

A:[SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001

Welcome to TSF J_Ch3ck.

Do the other two games still work after you updated your Directx and Drivers as you may have got a corrupt driver or something along that lines and it may just be reupdating them...

Redeye3323

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-sc-black-screen-freeze-issue-0x004bdb81-referenced-at-0x0000001-450786.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Crash/Freeze PC Card NVIDIA GeForce Ultra Mb Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P PC Crash/Freeze Q Premium Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled PSU Silverstone SST-ST F W Righty I mainly get these problems whilst playing newer games though sometimes it also occurs to a much lesser extent when I have lots of tabs open in firefox and or am watching internet videos First usually the screen freezes momentarily the image flickers and in games I sometimes get horizontal linear distortions across my screen Then a number of things can occur most commonly The screen goes black It recovers itself with applications minimised and with the message nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has successfully recovered also quite common the screen freezes usually with distortions if I ve been playing a game Audio freezes but from the way it changes every few seconds it seems like the computer is trying to soldier on Controls are completely unresponsive forcing me to manually reboot The screen goes black It doesn t recover but audio indicates all the processes applications which are using audio are carrying on normally Very rarely the computer will restart itself Sometimes it s not successful not even getting past the BIOS stage If this is the case I have to manually turn the PC off When booting it up for the first time after this it will go for about two-three seconds then switches off by itself second attempt is fine I ve been trying to fix this problem for a while now I like to think I keep my computer well maintained and clean on both hardware and software fronts I have attempted to roll back drivers to no effect this problem has persisted over several driver updates I really hope someone has an answer for this Thankyou very much for your help in advance EDIT Apologies for putting it here if this isn t the place for it as I m not sure what s causing the problem I don t know if this was the right place to put it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

My PC runs Windows and Freeze PC Crash and has worked fine for years A few days ago it froze while I was reading the New York Times online When I restarted it s frozen or opened in safe mode or opened just fine then frozen again in a minute or In safe mode I ran the Scandisk The first time it said that the standard scan was fine but PC Crash and Freeze clearly there was PC Crash and Freeze trouble with the Complete scan although it did not say what was wrong I took it to a technician who said nothing was really WRong but there were too many things starting up and somehow my scanner appears to have been installed times I cannot back up all my files on the zip because some are too big and what about programs I have downloaded like IE which also changed my Outlook Express to ver If the hard drive has to be reformatted with the disks from years ago will I lose it all Before I take the drastic step of reformatting are there other things I might try I did install Startup Cop and probably there are files that could be eliminated but how do I know which Many thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Im having an issue with my nvidia gtx For some time now whenever I run starcraft the PC just freezes always on the loading screen prior to a game And I have to do a hard reboot This has also happened when crash and Freeze watching some youtube videos on the firefox browser A freeze and I have to hard reboot No BSOD but I have managed to get some mini dump files on the Windbg and I need some help with those Win Ultimate x core i gb ram Nvidia gtx My PSU is a corsair w I have the latest nvidia drivers Also I have already updated my asus motherboard bios Leave you with the dump Quote Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright Freeze and crash c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Velt Documents descarga - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a e Debug session time Thu Aug UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break Freeze and crash windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa b e fffff c d Unable to load image SystemRoot system DRIVERS nvlddmkm sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Freeze and crash nvlddmkm sys Probably caused by nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm d c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Arguments Arg fffffa b e Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context TDR RECOVERY CONTEXT Arg fffff c The pointer into responsible device driver module e g owner tag Arg Optional error code NTSTATUS of the last failed operation Arg d Optional internal context dependent data Debugging Details ------------------ FAULTING IP nvlddmkm d c fffff c db c cmp byte ptr nvlddmkm xa fffff DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT fffff cca c fffff a ef fffffa b e fffff c nt KeBugCheckEx fffff cca d fffff a c f fffff c fffffa b e fffffa ac f fffffa dxgkrnl TdrBugcheckOnTimeout xec fffff ccaa fffff ef fffffa b e fffffa ac f fffffa dxgkrnl TdrIsRecoveryRequired x f fffff ccaa fffff b ffffffff ee dxgmms VidSchiReportHwHang x b fffff ccab fffff bb ee dxgmms VidSchiCheckHwProgress x fffff ccab fffff a c ffffffff ff fffffa dxgmms VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents x fb fffff ccabf fffff e a fffffa d fffffa dxgmms VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun x da fffff ccad fffff b dc fffffc fffffa f fffffa e fffffa f dxgmms VidSchiWorkerThread xba fffff ccad fffff c fffff ea fffffa f fffff f fc fffff e nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff ccad nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nvlddmkm d c fffff c db c cmp byte ptr nvlddmkm xa fffff SYMBOL NAME nvlddmkm d c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nvlddmkm IMAGE NAME nvlddmkm sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a c FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE nvlddmkm sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Followup MachineOwner --------- This is other mini dump This is a error Quote Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Velt Documents descarga - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff d PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a ae Debug session ... Read more

A:Freeze and crash

Both point to your graphics driver. Give it an update or reinstall.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/107106-freeze-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

On Bitdefender reported that there was a virus and to run scan and reboot I did this then Bitdefender would not Freeze Crash The update or give real-time virus protection It then crashed my PC and froze all windows so Freeze The Crash I un-installed bitdefender with the un-install tool I then restored my PC to an earlier date and then un-installed Bitdefender again just in-case there were any files left My PC ran normal but I had no protection so I installed Bitdefender same thing happened crashed PC frozen windows I could not turn PC off and had to hold on off button in etc once again I un-installed bitdefender the PC ran normally Then came the most frustrating days of call centre phone advice I have ever experienced in my life I sent all the files which Bitdefender required to send to their labs my PC came back as clean with no problems Every time I called I had to go through the same proceeder even when I gave the operator my ticket number they just kept telling me to do the same things that I had already done countless times I have been using Bitdefender for years now and have never encountered these problems version had been running OK on my PC until this problem occurred but now crashes my PC crashes my PC I am now gone back to trying Bitdefender The problem is I have purchased a year license and I am running old version Bitdefender soft-ware I had no protection for days except for windows so did not go on line and the Bitdefender call operators just do not care they seem to read from a script and repeat the same lines to you endlessly When they tell you to do any on the PC they think your PC is super fast and are impatient when you tell them that it has not loaded or your not on the page that they expect you to be on etc Has any-one else had this problem with a reported Trojan told to run full system scan and reboot then Bitdefender crashes PC Help and or advice welcome Update When I turned PC on this morning Black blank screen with cursor I had to hold on off button to turn of It then booted but Bitdefender version crashed PC this morning restored PC to earlier date message Windows Explorer stopped working looking for solution What is going on

A:Freeze The Crash

Hi and welcome, Try running malwarebytes on full scan, patch41
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291977-freeze-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey,two months ago I was playing world of warcraft perfectly,but now I have a problem that I cannot understand.When I play more than 10-15 min my pc goes black.I Alt-tab some times and I get back to my screen,but it pops a message sayingisplay driver nvidia kernel windows mode fashions stopped responding and recovered successfully.If I keep playing wow my pc crashes for good and I have to shut it down cause the restart button isnt responding.I tryed to lower the resolution and graphics,but nothing I tryed to download an updated driver for nvidia but nothing again I hope that I explain things well cause im not so good in english

A:PC freeze and crash

Have you run any virus or malware checks? What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freeze-and-crash.185361/
Relevancy 49.45%

HP laptop has been freezing and crashing a lot in the last few days for no apparent reason CPU also runs very high at times even freeze/crash HJT when I m not doing anything In the last while any freeze/crash HJT automatic updates I ve tried to run have failed including windows XP updates HP updates and maybe one or two others I started out in a software forum and a HJT was suggested A friend also suggested some system utilities might be needed A trend micro scan was also suggested freeze/crash HJT but it still has almost hrs to go on dial up here Housecalls found profiling cookies the st time through and this time it seems I m good Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Barbara Temporary Internet Files Content IE T I M HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolba... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-crash-hjt.717495/
Relevancy 49.45%

Guys I'm now experiencing a serious problem + Freeze Crash My computer is freezing and he crashes I don't get I looked into my Event Viewer and I saw huge problems as always But more often I see Freeze + Crash there a problem about quot Atapi quot service And I think it has to do something with my hard-drive IT SAYS Log Name System Source atapi Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Nemanja-PC Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win Freeze + Crash events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot atapi quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Nemanja-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device Ide IdePort lt Data gt lt Binary gt B C C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt and I EXPECT SOME HELP PLS AND PLUS my computer does not generate dmp Dump Files Even if I have a quot complete quot or quot small quot dump generation

A:Freeze + Crash

Quote: Originally Posted by Hyperion 1

Guys...I'm now experiencing a serious problem. My computer is freezing and he crashes...I don't get.... I looked into my Event Viewer and I saw huge problems as always. But more often, I see there a problem about "Atapi" service... And I think it has to do something with my hard-drive.

IT SAYS:

Log Name: System
Source: atapi
Date: 29.8.2011 11:40:54
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Nemanja-PC
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort3.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="atapi" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">11</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-29T09:40:54.035156200Z" />
<EventRecordID>126397</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Nemanja-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Ide\IdePort3</Data>
<Binary>0000100001000000000000000B0004C004000000850100C000000000000000000000000000000000010000000100 00000000000005100000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
and I EXPECT SOME HELP PLS... AND PLUS... my computer does not generate .dmp (Dump) Files... Even if I have a "complete" or " small" dump generation

Event ID 11 is a HD controller error. First step is to run chkdsk and if you dont have your data backed up now would be a good time

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.
B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"
C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183617-freeze-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hello i have alienware m17x its new i don't use it much i bought it like 1 year ago but i start using it 1 month ago it keeps freezing and some times i crash when i am playing a game i got sli 260 g force and 4 g ram but the game i am playing don't need more than 1 ram and sometimes it crash while i am on the desktop while chatting or just checking my emails

A:Crash and freeze

Hi there zam, can you post us the minidump files? To get to them go to start, computer, local disk, windows, and minidump. It could help us narrow down whats causing you're problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-and-freeze.172271/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello
I operate XP pro
My computer keeps crashing or freezing, when I turn it back on after the disk scan the following error message appears.
BCcode a BCPI;00000024 BCP2000000ff BCP3 000001
Poduct 256;1
more information
C\windows\minidump121203
C\document~Tonste1\locals\template
tem.dir001systdataxm1
When I try to defrag
error--- C;\windows\dump 465f.tmp

A:freeze and crash

toonfireman1,

What where the results from the instructions here;
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181783

Did you remove items mobo suggested?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-and-crash.186990/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi can you help me with my computer Here is my hijack this I have tried a couple of times to post but my computer shut down the Crash And Freeze program when I went to check something on hijack this I am trying to Freeze And Crash do this quickly so my computer doesn't close programs freeze and crash Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC WINNT system cisvc exeC Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperWorkstation DKService exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Atomic Clock Sync Atomic exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC WINNT system cidaemon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINNT system DllHost exeC HIJack this HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchasst htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home microsoft com search search aspR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home microsoft com search lobby search aspR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p B PVER ar homeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchcust htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchcust htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchasst htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http minisearch startnow com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchasst htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Linda's ComputerR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt R - URLSearchHook no name - lt default gt - no file F - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT system Userinit exeO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Compani... Read more

A:Freeze And Crash

Hello nebulot and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. After reviewing your log I see a few items that require our attention. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps in order.Step #1Download CCleaner and install it but do not run it yet.Step #2Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #3Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/.../search/ie.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = http://minisearch.startnow.com/R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - <default> - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EBC15E91-00A5-E16C-1D7B-037589032D28} - (no file)O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://eztracks.aavalue.com/ezt/toolbar/eztdl.cabNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #4Start CCleaner and click on the Run Cleaner button in the lower right-hand corner. When it is finished close CCleaner.Step #5Reboot normally and run at least 2 of the following on-line virus scans:Bitdefender <<<Add a check by 'Autoclean'.eTrust <<<'Cure' whatever is found, then delete if unsuccessfulHousecall <<<Put on 'Autoclean' and delete what it can't clean.Panda ActiveScan <<<Accept default settingsIf there are any files that cannot be automatically disinfected or quarantined then you will need to delete them manually.Step #6If you do not already have Ad-Aware SE 1.06 then follow these download and setup instructions: Ad-Aware SE Setup. Otherwise, just check for updates.Start Ad-aware SE, click the Start button and choose Perform Full System Scan. Click the Next button and wait for the scan to complete. If anything was found, right-click on the list and choose Select All and remove all it finds.Step #7OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Use the Add Reply button to post your new log file back here along with details of any problems you encountered performing the above steps and I will review it when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48586/freeze-and-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

I wrongly moved 3 avi videos to a main files and it cashes when I click on that file or freezes up so i cant delete the avi files.The Subfiles all contain photos

A:crash or freeze

Wat do you mean??
Wat OS are you running?
You moved 3 video files to Main Files?

Elaborate please...

Neb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-or-freeze.887090/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Advent 7 Solved: Frozen Screen after Crash Win Can you help me with the following problem please I have an Advent T and Advent T due to the Advent T being really old and having a few problems and consistently crashing I decided to take the Hard Drive out of it and make use of it in my Advent T and reformat the whole machine and install Windows Due to my Advent T being Windows Solved: Frozen Advent Screen after Win 7 Crash XP I first upgraded it to Windows Vista to get all the necessary Windows drivers Everything worked great once upgraded to Windows Vista I then used my USB stick to install Windows When I restarted the Advent T I booted the USB stick and it started loading the Windows files I deleted all the partitions on the hard drives and reformated the drives The installation screen came up and I followed the screen prompts When it got to the installing Windows part it shot the percentage straight up for the quot Copying Windows files quot which was odd but then the quot Expanding Windows files quot it froze at I knew it froze because I left it for mins and it didn t go up a percentage I decided to hold the power button for seconds and restart the machine On restart the machine got stuck on the very first Advent screen it currently has quot Press DEL to run Setup Press TAB to display BIOS POST Message quot but it doesn t matter what button I press on the keyboard nothing loads up Obviously no Windows will load up as I deleted the Windows partitions I am just trying to get the machine to boot up the USB or CD so I can install Windows but the machine wont get past the first screen just before the post bios screen The machine fans are spinning the motherboard light is on no beeps at start up if you just listened to it it sounds like everything is ok but its not getting past the Advent first screen Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Frozen Advent Screen after Win 7 Crash

Case closed, failed hard drive and RAM stick causing desktop not to post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-frozen-advent-screen-after-win-7-crash.1086384/
Relevancy 49.02%

My and with Solved: no re-boot, Blue Crash screen PC keeps rebooting and I don t even Solved: Crash and re-boot, with no Blue screen get a blue screen most of the time Occasionally when I do get a BSOD it is for x F CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION I have used Norton Adaware Solved: Crash and re-boot, with no Blue screen noadware and spybot and they have turned up nothing Here is the log file from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility utility exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings James Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO IEPlugin Class - CF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C Program Files Advanced System Optimizer IEHelper dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AFE EE-E B - A -BCEC-B FE B E F NameServer O - Winlogon Notify explorer - C WINDOWS SYSTEM explorer dll O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr ex... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

I had a "blue screen" 'crash' with the following info provided:

Problem file is - ati3d2ag.dll

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Technical information- Stop: 0x00000050

[This resulted in a “physical dump.”]

I would appreciate info as to what caused this 'crash,' which has happened twice just recently.
Thanks. {redoak}

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello tech's.

I have had the error screen of BAD_POOL_CALLER now a few times. normal once every few days. I've only seen it happen when gaming and I can't figure it out. I don't have a application to read dmp files. It would be great for some help.

Here is the minidump file.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

I occasionally get a blue screen 0x0000008E crash but only when I use either MS IE or Opera browsers and opening a few screens.
How do I go about fixing it? I have already tried RegCure and have reinstalled MS IE 7 (which I installed recently) as well as Java Runtime 6.5 without success.
How do I go about curing my problem?

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen 0x0000008E crash in XP

you need to post the bsod error message in full
quite often it is a corrupted video driver
in the device manager uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes rebooting
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-blue-screen-0x0000008e-crash-in-xp-243701.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem viewing videos of any sort When viewed the computer will freeze for brief periods of time less than a second to a minute or more and in some cases enter an infinate loop where it will crash This started a many months ago and I thought the video card might be bad but then about a month and a half ago the problem cleared up No changes to the hardware or software were done Then a couple of weeks ago I rebooted the computer and when it came back up a message came up saying that it was reverting back to the last known valid checkpoint and the problem has come back To date I have done Videos freeze/crash the following Tried going Videos freeze/crash back to various checkpoints Tried replacing the video card with a freinds card that was known to work My card worked fine on his computer too so the card is ruled out Removed and reloaded the NVIDIA drivers latest update Checked for virus and spyware Turned down the video card settings to lower quality Went through and removed resident programs such as Adobe viewer which loads automatically at start up Removed Videos freeze/crash Quicktime and Videos freeze/crash Real Player Disabled ctfmon exe per Microsoft instructions although it still loads Tried removing various loaded processes one at a time and then trying the video again None of the above did anything for the problem I have a PNY NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card with mb DDR on board PCI Express An MSI K VGM-V main board with gb ram AMD processor WinXP SP It's a home built computer It seems to be a software conflict I'm thinking since my card works fine on another computer No video player works properly I primarily use the DivX player as well the MS Media Player Both play audio only fine but video is a problem from HD CD or streaming I'm not sure what additional information is needed so if you need more info let me know and I'll get it Thanks

A:Videos freeze/crash

I also verified that the codecs on my system are the proper ones (no codec packs added nor going out getting codecs and installing myself).

Will reinstalling WinXP help or am I at the point of having to reformat the HD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/videos-freeze-crash-234394.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi i'd like to request some help with my windows Today my computer just completly froze while i was browsing had some game exes open same time I waited around minutes hoping it would unfreeze but nothing happened so i manually pressed the on off button After that computer got stuck in Initializing Windows screen so i tried to run the automatic repair and it frooze aswell Then i proceeded to make a usb repair disk and it managed to System Freeze/crash get me through the intializing screen but when it managed to load back into the windows explorer desktop after a few seconds i realized the icons weren't even loading and i was unable to do any actions on the OS I've System Freeze/crash run the FRST tool and it had no ATTENTION tags on the log on my st opperating W drive D so now i dunno what to do i don't have a windows repair disk and i can't really format because i don't want to loose the data i have on the laptop Extra info About year ago i had to install a second windows which is the one that crashed now because my previous one c just stopped accepting USB hardware or even Wireless connection not even the touchpad would work And when i ran the scan for the C it actually found s tloads of problems accordingly to FRST but i'm not sure that relates since my other OS was working fine untill now Thanks in advance ill try to extract the log asap

A:System Freeze/crash

The 2 OS info might be a bit confusing in there,
Just to simplify:

Got 2 Windows 7 installed, one on C:\ and other on D:\
C:\ is almost totally inoperable for a year, 
Sorry for the wall of text!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499607/system-freezecrash/
Relevancy 49.02%

Alright I'm running windows xp and I've recently run into a problem Two days ago I was downloading a movie and when I got it my computer froze When I restarted everything was fine Then I relized that everytime I go to quot my recent documents Computer freeze/crash quot under the start menu I get this An program not responding message like when you close an unresponsive program that says quot windows explorer has encountered a problem and must be closed quot then directly after quot Dr watson debugger has encountered an error and must close quot then the computer freezes This is only when I put my cursor to look into my recent documents ON top of this for the last few weeks my computer has been checkign the same disc everytime I start the computer I'm not sure if these are related But back to the main problem I assumed the video was bad so I ran an anti-virus scan with my AVG And I didn't find anything Computer freeze/crash but tracking Computer freeze/crash cookies So I assumed I must have screwed up a settign somewhere or something and tried to do a Computer freeze/crash system restore but both dates I took said it couldn't be resotred to that date when It says It can be I don't want to re-install my xp and start over because I have important pictures and files on my pc Any idea's or fixes would be helpful if more info is needed let me know

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I'm currently having trouble with this random Freeze Crash I just find it happening when it feels like it Usually when these freezes occur what comes to mind is scanning my computer for Spyware and updating windows Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't I still can't able to find what Freeze/Crash Random makes it Random Freeze/Crash does this The freezes doesn't just happen sometimes when I'm playing games it occurs even when I'm just browsing the internet chatting even it froze at the log in screen when windows start up Currently I'm using Windows Professional x bit This problem also occurred on my last windows which was Windows Ultimate x bit Both on the same computer I'll post up my specs in a bit Thanks Quote ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name SUNI Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Vostro Series BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Dell S W Digital Monitor Model DELL S W Monitor Id DELA Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- B - E CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format I... Read more

A:Random Freeze/Crash

Quote: Originally Posted by CookieDough

Hello I'm currently having trouble with this random Freeze/Crash. I just find it happening when it feels like it. Usually when these freezes occur what comes to mind is scanning my computer for Spyware and updating windows. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I still can't able to find what makes it does this.
The freezes doesn't just happen sometimes when I'm playing games it occurs even when I'm just browsing the internet, chatting, even it froze at the log in screen when windows start up.

Currently I'm using Windows Professional x64 bit. This problem also occurred on my last windows 7, which was Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit. Both on the same computer. I'll post up my specs in a bit. Thanks :]

Quote:
------------------
System Information
------------------

Code:
Time of this report: 7/3/2010, 20:02:58
Machine name: SUNI
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Vostro 220 Series
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1778MB used, 6409MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0605&SUBSYS_23721682&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2287 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Dell S2209W(Digital)
Monitor Model: DELL S2209W
Monitor Id: DELA043
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5721 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.5721
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/7/2010 16:58:00, 12338280 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4545-11CF-6B63-7E031CC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0605
SubSys ID: 0x23721682
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Driver Strong Name: oem16.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section003:8.17.12.5721:pci\ven_10de&dev_0605
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProc... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95256-random-freeze-crash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My PC freezes, restarts, crashes, hangs and sometimes BSOD. Based on my observation, it happens quite randomly. I can play games but sometimes it just freezes. When it freezes sometimes it produces a loud weird static sound.Sometimes it just freezes a few minutes after startup. And it also froze in BIOS while I was checking what's wrong. What could be the cause of this? PSU maybe?

i memtested all 3 of my RAMs and theyre all good at 4 passes.

specs:
ECS mobo
450w psu
gtx 560
4gbram
250hdd
amd phenom quad 2.2ghz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crash-bsod-freeze-1054738.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently installed a new motherboard everything went fine it was the same as the old one but i used the old one to build a spare pc that only needed a mobo and used Freeze/Crash Inexplicable the new one in my pc However windows now randomly as far as i can Inexplicable Freeze/Crash tell for the most part crashes By crash i mean the entire computer freezes the light on my keyboard and mouse go off for a second and i cant do anything without doing a hard reboot This happens even if my computer idles from boot till crash The crash happens within about to minutes only once has it happened much sooner Inexplicable Freeze/Crash I have noticed that i can make the computer do one of these freezes almost immediately if i restore a game from a backup with steam This only makes the problem happen sooner but it Inexplicable Freeze/Crash isn't the cause of it as it happens even without steam running or any other programs that i have start up I have updated all drivers on the computer and even updated the bios since this started happening but there was no change Tomorrow I intend to run a linux live CD and leave that on for awhile to see if it crashes as well The fact that steam restores cause it to crash started to make me think it was the hard drive however i was able to execute the restore perfectly fine under safemode with networking I am currently running on safemode for awhile to see if it happens still Nothing else has changed on my system so I am not sure why the software would start acting up after replacing the motherboard with the same model Does anyone have any ideas on ways to test what is causing this in a way that i have something to fix or any ideas on what could be the problem hdd memory While i would obviously like to avoid reformatting and re-installing windows it is not a massive problem for me but i would love to avoid that I have built many computers and generally can converse rather well on the topic of software and hardware so feel free to ask any questions if you need more information or anything I greatly appreciate your help in advance

A:Inexplicable Freeze/Crash

Have you done a ram diagnostic. Have you done hd scan for bad sectors

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/inexplicable-freeze-crash-688144.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Whenever i play one of my games on my pc, 10 minutes after i play the game my screen suddenly freezes and then the sound freezes and then my screen goes blank for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it goes back into the game afterwards sometimes it automatically quits me out, and sometimes my screen stays blank permanantly. This proplem usually occours when im playing a multiplayer game.
The games i play that this problem occours is on:

Counter Strike Source, Battlefield 2 and special forces, Left 4 Dead, World in Conflict, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, and Team Fortress 2.

My system specifications are:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00 GHz (2CPUs)
2046MB RAM
DirectX10
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT.

A:All of my PC games freeze and crash.

Don't worry i found out what was wrong with my laptop. I dont have enough RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-of-my-pc-games-freeze-and-crash-370379.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My Dell Dimension I know it's old but not much I can do about it has been crashing more and more regularly and no matter what I try Crash, freeze, BSOD I Crash, freeze, BSOD can't get a bead on what the problem is The crashes are becoming more frequent and recently it's begun freezing at random forcing me to manually restart it I've run every scan I can think of Malware Bytes Super Anti-spyware RegCure Pro CCleaner I'm limited on the information I've gleaned from each crash as the blue screen doesn't often tell me much of anything and half the times doesn't stay up long enough to really study it One of the few times I managed to get my phone out fast enough to take a picture it mentioned some kind of issue with the file fwpklcnt sys I believe that's the correct spelling it's hard to tell as I took the picture so fast it's kind of blurry Checking that brought me to an old thread on this board where someone offered talked about debugging the minidump files Every time I try to install Windows' debugging program the computer ends up crashing before it finishes so I never make any headway so I was wondering how do I figure out what's going on

A:Crash, freeze, BSOD

Please provide the full reports by following the blue screen posting instructions.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
If you cannot run the collection tools, follow the next steps.

System Health Report:Please collect your system health report:
Press the Start Button

Type perfmon /report into the Search programs and files box.

Press Enter

Click File

Click Save As...

Choose HTML as the output and save it for upload here

Minidump Collection:Please collect your .dmps by doing the following:
Go to C:\Windows and find the Minidump folder.

Right click the folder.

Click Copy.

Go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents.

Right click in an empty area within your Documents folder.

Paste the Minidump folder there.Copy and paste a file
Compress (zip) the Minidump folder.Compress and uncompress files (zip files)
Upload the .zip file to your next post.

MSINFO32 upload:Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click the Start Button

Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box and press Enter

When it opens, click File

Click Save

Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember

Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info

Right click the .nfo file

Click Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the .zip file here.

Driver List:Run an elevated command prompt and enter the following command:

Code:
dir /a /s \*.sys>"%userprofile%\Documents\$sys_list.txt"
Command Prompt: FAQ - How do I run a command with elevated privileges?Compress/zip the $sys_list.txt file after finding it in either your Documents folder or the Documents folder belonging to the administrative user that was used to run the elevated command prompt
Administrative Logs:Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:Click the Start Button
Type eventvwr.msc into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events and give it time to load
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
When asked, save the display information in English.
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Create a new folder by right clicking in a blank area within the folder Errors.evtx is saved in. You could also click New Folder at the top of the directory under the directory path box.
Name the new folder Errors.
Place Errors.evtx and the LocaleMetaData folder into the new Errors folder.
Right click the Errors folder -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.
Create a new folder

Compress and uncompress files (zip files)

Hardware Setup:Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
go to where the images are saved,
right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
create a new folder,
name the folder CPUZ,
select all the images,
place the pointer over an image,
press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
upload the .zip file to the forums.

As to RegCure Pro and CCleaner, I do not recommend 3rd party optimization software, especially if it includes registry cleaning. Such software can lead to Windows being unable to boot, damaged restore points, a damaged file system, damaged Windows files, damaged program files, corrupted registry and program installations, and eventually leads to the need to clean install Windows to fix the damage caused by the 3rd party "optimization" algorithms. I would recommend that you remove the software and avoi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-freeze-bsod-690683.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi so i just recently got this problem and it appeared just after ive installed my new SSD Kingston SSDNow v Ive never had any crashes before i installed it or something like that So i just got this freeze It went like this i had Spotify on randomly the song was like BRRRRRRR and i had to turn down the volume couldnt crash. with freeze Computer an followed move anything gt after Seconds i could move gt brrrrrrrr cannot move gt THEN a last one then it suddenly got black like Computer freeze followed with an crash. the computer closed down Computer freeze followed with an crash. itself Then it said on the screen No Signal and the computer restarted I did make an log from MiniToolBox RIGHT after the computer got started up again With List last Event viewer errors List users partitions and memorysize list minidump files I attached the MTB LOG I am running Windows Pro N version Gyazo picture from SPECCY https i gyazo com f b ee a e d abb c f d png If there is anything more you need to know just tell me i really startin to get pissed off by this freeze as ive never had problems before the SSD and i should be happy with an new SSD instead of angry haha Appreciate all help i can get Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597067/computer-freeze-followed-with-an-crash/
Relevancy 49.02%

freezes 100% of the time I use the internet
freezes/crashes with use of other programs randomly
amount of use required varies before crash
issue still occurs in clean boot
believed to happen once during safe mode
all drivers are updated - according to windows device manager and drivermax
memory timings have been changed from 'auto' to 5-5-5-18 (read that worked for someone)
power options have been adjusted to 'high performance' (again read that worked for someone)

system info:
MOB - MSI P7n SLI
CPU - intel core 2 quad 2.66
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (just one, the other died)
MEM- 4GB (1GB Corsair DDR2 XMS x4)

any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 pro 64 bit freeze/crash

I also noticed that I get the same 5 events occurring in the event viewer every time the freeze occurs

Source ID Category
volmgr 46 none
eventlog 101 event processing
wininit 11 none
volmgr 46 none
eventlog 6008 none
kernal-power 41 (63)
volmgr 46 none
eventlog 101 event processing
wininit 11 none
volmgr 46 none
eventlog 6008 none
kernal-power 41 (63)
occasionally there is a 'WLAN-AutoConfig 4001 none' event as well
any ideas out there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100264-windows-7-pro-64-bit-freeze-crash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello

I bought a new pc recently (q6600) which just had onboard graphics and a 450W psu. I bought a nvidia 9800gt and a new 600W psu as I thought that would be needed. Now I am getting crashes, mainly whilst playing games. When I say crash, I mean the screen freezes, it doesn't go black, but it's also slightly warped the picture. I thought this might be either the cpu or gfx card overheating, but it's also happened when there was little strain on either, and the cpu temp was only 39. This didn't happen before I installed the psu and gfx card, but then I wasn't really playing games before that as it only had onboard graphics.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

A:Computer freeze/crash

Hi rubix1415 Welcome to Techspot!!

When your screen freezes as you say how do you use the PC again? do you need to reboot or can you ctrl+alt+delete and then end the process?

Have you installed the drivers with the graphics card? I'm guessing you would have with it picking up the picture but when you installed the drivers were there any problems?

Can i just ask as well what games you are playing? this could be important as some have had problems with some graphics card WOW in particular.

Finally how are you measuring the CPU temp? are you doing this through BIOS or 3rd party app

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freeze-crash.118320/
Relevancy 49.02%

Should i turn it on or off?? what to do?? is it normal with Windows 7 to have many,many BEX, DEP crashes????????

A:Can DEP crash, freeze comp?

Quote: Originally Posted by praeambulus

Should i turn it on or off?? what to do?? is it normal with Windows 7 to have many,many BEX, DEP crashes????????

DEP can cause crashes. It normally should be on for max protections, but some apps may need exceptions. if you look in event viewr (type eventvwr in search) a DEP crash will say event ID 1000 source 100 and give the app data.

Take a look let us know what you see and tell us what hardware you have

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/24988-can-dep-crash-freeze-comp.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys I m new in the forums and in the process of trying to find the answer to the problem i found this awesome forum that seeks to inform and help people Freeze Crash after sleeping or That s like doing charity lol Anyways i ll cut to the chase SSD Windows and heavy programs installed in C HDD Games and light programs in D HDD Storage in E D and E are in the same HDD Disk is defragged registry is clean No virus Avast Scan My computer used to Blue Screen alot before sometimes when i was playing a game or just web browsing Then i proceeded to a BIOS update disk check etc All diagnostics that i ve tried fail to tell me something was wrong However after that HDD would just freeze and Freeze or Crash after sleeping then recover but no blue screen what-so-ever Anyhow i sent my pc to the computer technitian He said it could be something wrong with the secondary HDD D amp E not the windows SSD C or the SATA controlers failing to access the Disks He also downgraded my BIOS in the process He didn t test it further because i had like TB in data that didn t have any backup and didn t want to be responsible for any data loss Now after i got my computer it persists but in different ways -Simply freezes a bit when loading something even a webpage with flashplayers and stuff which means it accesses the SSD C for the flash player -Freezes a bit when i try to tranfer data to the HDD -Freezes completly when i m like webbrowsing way less frequent then the temporay freezes -Freezes completly when it automaticly sleeps because i went afk or something So recap My BIOS went through different versions When it freezes completly Hard Drive Activity LED is turned off meaning it isn t doing nothing Not even one blinky blinky like any regular computer does when iddle Anyway i ve tried to say every detail so i could be helped in the best possible way I ve uploaded the last minidumps in the rar Minidumps are from before i sent it to my technitian and others from yesterday and today Wild guess i think motherboard is dying But i leave that thing to you guys that know way better than me Thanks in advanced guys nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

Once again I need help from someone. I got these strange crashes - at first picture freezes but I can hear sounds, than sound freezes, sometimes picture goes to random color ? like grey, white, black or last seen picture stays frozen. And when I restart computer it says unexpected bluescreen has been discovered, but actually I didn?t see bluescreen. I uploaded minidump files.
Best regards.

A:Strange crash, freeze

Quote: Originally Posted by aresenic

Hello,

Once again I need help from someone. I got these strange crashes - at first picture freezes but I can hear sounds, than sound freezes, sometimes picture goes to random color ? like grey, white, black or last seen picture stays frozen. And when I restart computer it says unexpected bluescreen has been discovered, but actually I didn?t see bluescreen. I uploaded minidump files.
Best regards.

These crashes have several causes that all relate to hardware. Use these to find out what that means and how to try and fix it. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:
031110-32796-01.dmp 3/11/2010 9:47:14 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0392d038 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\031110-32796-01.dmp 2 15 7600
032110-19453-01.dmp 3/21/2010 4:49:55 PM 0x00000119 00000000`00000001 00000000`00009705 00000000`00009707 00000000`00009706 watchdog.sys watchdog.sys+122f x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\032110-19453-01.dmp 2 15 7600
032210-15218-01.dmp 3/23/2010 12:54:41 AM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0392a828 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\032210-15218-01.dmp 2 15 7600
032410-18484-01.dmp 3/24/2010 7:32:33 PM 0x00000116 fffffa80`05f37010 fffff880`03daa024 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5cef8 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\032410-18484-01.dmp 2 15 7600
032510-16546-01.dmp 3/25/2010 1:44:07 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`039af748 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\032510-16546-01.dmp 2 15 7600
032610-16453-01.dmp 3/26/2010 10:24:53 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03916748 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\032610-16453-01.dmp 2 15 7600
040410-16109-01.dmp 4/4/2010 5:56:40 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03922038 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\040410-16109-01.dmp 2 15 7600
040610-16453-01.dmp 4/6/2010 1:00:58 AM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0390c6f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\040610-16453-01.dmp 2 15 7600
032010-19218-01.dmp 3/20/2010 3:21:25 AM BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000c2 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`0402000c fffffa80`046a78f0 eamon.sys eamon.sys+49e40 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\032010-19218-01.dmp 2 15 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/76523-strange-crash-freeze.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello there ,

lets do this

i've format my pc yesterday i installed all needed drivers etc . i installed my games etc .
when im joining in a server sometimes takes 5-10 min to crash and sometimes just 1 min.
What can i do to fix that problem ?! any suggestions ?

P.S : is not the game that crashes nut the whole pc.its necessary to restart it manually.

Thanks

A:Freeze & Crash In-Game

Hi turbotuber

Please follow these steps and upload here the crash\bsod folder
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182219-freeze-crash-game.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Vista - SP On Gateway LaptopI have been having multiple problems and I am not to sure if they are resulting from the previous system update every Freeze, crash, 15min Besides getting BSOD there are times where certain programs crash I have had the search protocol crash WIM and a couple of others I have also gotten a resultdns dll error on startup The process usually occurs when the scroll on Freeze, crash, every 15min the pad stops working then the clicking stops working then the screen freezes then the screen goes black but mouse is still visible then it restarts There are times where it does not restart and it comes back to life for about minutes then Freeze, crash, every 15min it crashes I have not been able to copy all errors but here are a couple from the event log Any help would be appreciated - System - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer BabyZoie-PC Security - EventData svchost exe RpcSs b ntdll dll cb - System - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer BabyZoie-PC Security - EventData SearchProtocolHost exe e d kernel dll e dd - System - Provider Name iaStor - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel System Computer BabyZoie-PC Security - EventData Device Ide iaStor F C - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid D -A D - - E E- D F EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer BabyZoie-PC Security - EventData param param W Timehere is my HJT logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil m ActiveX exeC Users Baby Zoie Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www tangosearch com useie amp q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www tangosearch com useie amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Mi... Read more

A:Freeze, crash, every 15min

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.Casey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382238/freeze-crash-every-15min/
Relevancy 49.02%

What is happening During gaming screen completely freezes and graphics go full-on distorted This has happened now times in a little over day while playing different games It was once vertical bars unevenly spaced and lengthed where each bar is multicolored and scratchy and obscures all graphics it covers The other two times it was full-screen distortion where the scratchy multicolored almost cross-hatch pattern covered almost all the graphics on screen Sometimes pieces of the screen would still be animated and stuck in loop sometimes it would be completely frozen Two of the three times there has been a loud buzzing sound either constant or looping coming directly through the speakers Most importantly every time Help freeze/crash me this diagnose this has happened it has been Help me diagnose this freeze/crash a hard freeze Help me diagnose this freeze/crash crash There is no way to regain control of the computer it has completely stopped accepting inputs including Ctrl Alt Del et al and must be forced into power down by holding the power button for several seconds For those curious or if it might help the games were both on Steam Mirror s Edge times and XCOM Enemy Uknown time When it happened with just Mirror s Edge I assumed it was some kind of fault with that game specifically when it happened with XCOM I became suspicious it is not so acute In both games and all times it was exactly the same kind of crash and did not seem to occur in sync with any particular event such as a loading screen or screen transition Just in the middle of regular gameplay What I have attempted to do Not really double all as I am completely stumped First thing I thought was graphics drivers but they are up to date to the latest Windows Update Release which was October I ran DXDIAG and everything shows OK as far as I can interpret I looked through Windows Event Viewer logs and spotted a few things that look suspicious involving WMI and SideBySide I do not know how to interpret this information though I also ran HWMonitor to get software readouts of my voltages and temperatures This information is probably not useful but it s a start I included in the following sections all of the logs I thought to grab and a screen capture of my latest Windows Event Viewer events in case anyone wants me to post a specific log Computer specs Mobo Gigabyte EP -UD LCPU Intel Pentium Dual-Core E GhzGPU NVIDIA GeForce GTS MBRAM G Skill GB DDR HDD Samsung Spinpoint F HD SJ TB PSU Corsair CX W OS Windows Home Premium SP Logs Windows Event Viewer logs that might be pertinent http pastebin com fh UNP XHWMonitor and SMBus readouts for my computer at idlehttp pastebin com Yw izMhZMore than you ever wanted to know about my computer specifications http pastebin com RmnirX Pictures Final thoughts plea Anyone got any ideas Need any more info Have any diagnostics you want me to run I m willing to do it all to the letter I d just like to figure out what is causing this Sorry for the long post just want to be thorough for those who may be interested in helping

A:Help me diagnose this freeze/crash

Your +12V rail is showing only +0.70V. This is a problem!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476525/help-me-diagnose-this-freezecrash/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer just keep freezes suddenly and also occur bluescreen a few times and it make me keep restarting the whole computer.

A:Computer keep freeze/crash

Ran the dumps from the last 7 days, they are both Verifier enabled and not Verifier enabled naming different processes, this usually means hardware but not always.

Network Magic is pretty old and no longer on the market, Uninstall the program and see if that helps.>
pnarp.sys Sat Jun 6 02:07:38 2009
purendis.sys Sat Jun 6 00:32:39 2009

Update the Intel Video driver> igdkmd32.sys Wed Sep 23 15:18:09 2009
Intel? Driver Update Utility

Update the Realtek RTL8168C/8111C Network driver> Rt86win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:22 2009> Realtek

D/L Memtest+ burn it to a CD using a free program like Imgburn if you need one then boot from the CD to test the ram, let it run for at least 6 passes or until you see an error.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Sat Oct 6 14:05:04.522 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\100712-30638-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:45.955
BugCheck D1, {707b59cf, 2, 1, 807ee070}
Probably caused by : ataport.SYS ( ataport!IdeStartDeviceRequest+15d )
Bugcheck code 000000d1
Arguments 707b59cf`, memory referenced 00000002`, IRQL 00000001`, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation 807ee070`, address which referenced memory
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
MaxSpeed: 3000
CurrentSpeed: 3000
BiosVersion = F8
BiosReleaseDate = 02/05/2009
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = G31M-ES2L
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Oct 6 13:58:12.628 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\100712-26956-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:40.185
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 84bc233b, aa5e7804, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Bugcheck code 1000008E
Arguments c0000005`, The exception code that was not handled 84bc233b`, The address that the exception occurred at aa5e7804`, Trap Frame 00000000`
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
BiosVersion = F8
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 02:02:34.380 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\100712-25818-01.dmp]
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\100512-20966-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:17.175
BugCheck A, {24, 2, 1, 82b06cf6}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+f )
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000024`, memory referenced 00000002`, IRQL 00000001`, bitfield : : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) 82b06cf6`, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System
BiosVersion = F8
Debug session time: Thu Oct 4 19:17:41.605 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\100512-12589-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:20.400
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82c87ff6, b42259ac, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!NtQueryInformationProcess+907 )
Bugcheck code 1000008E
Arguments c0000005`, The exception code that was not handled 82c87ff6`, The address that the exception occurred at b42259ac`, Trap Frame 00000000`
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
BiosVersion = F8
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte T... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-keep-freeze-crash-669463.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Getting windows freeze, break System jumps..not usage Solved: slows, up, screen malware! CPU discouraged I have cleared my wife s XP Pentium GHZ with GB Ram with Solved: System slows, screen windows freeze, break up, CPU usage jumps..not malware! the Security Forum and the slow downs and freeze ups are not virus spyware malware connected as the machine is clean It is using about GB of GB hard drive I thought it was Outlook causing the problem but it happens also when Outlook Solved: System slows, screen windows freeze, break up, CPU usage jumps..not malware! is not running Windows bogs down and open program windows freeze and open and close slowly Opening and closing an email from Inbox sends CPU usage to according to task manager while I tap my fingers waiting for theings to happpen I have checked everything I can Cleaned out old files Defrag Scan disc Ran Outlook repair Use XP firewall Norton Antivirus and SuperAntispyware I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the last two just to check if one of them was causing the delay We have deleted all emails from Inbox Sent deleted from Outlook Not sure if I should delete the pst file and let it make a new one as I am suspicious of Outlook still Slowdown seems to have occurred about a month ago around when I installed SuperAntispyware and took off Spywareblaster but as I said I uninstalled Superantispyware and that made no difference A few days ago I increasded the Ram to GB to MB but that made no difference and it should have I am really ready to say maybe the system is too old to run Office and Simply accounting and Browse the Internet as that is what it is used for but I think it should be capable of running at least one open program if not all The computer acts like there is not enought memory but GB Ram is tons or too many things running but can t seem to get a handle on that one One strange thing is occassionally in the past a message has come up about the CPU speed on shutdown not matching the listed CPU speed but when it starts in Safe Mode the listed speed GHZ seems to match what is showing so I make no changes Another strange thing is the System Information Report I will post it below Appears to me not a lot of Virtual memory available OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SHARON System Manufacturer System Manufacturer System Model System Name System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Award Software Inc ASUS P S X-X ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot User Name SHARON admin Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Any help appreciated as very frustrated with this now thank you G nbsp

A:Solved: System slows, screen windows freeze, break up, CPU usage jumps..not malware!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-slows-screen-windows-freeze-break-up-cpu-usage-jumps-not-malware.589619/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Folks DxDiag is attached - I have reformatted only a few days ago - Hardware was recently tested in pc repair centre When I boot the PC up I have a blank screen until i hit the log in to windows screen The monitor indicator light is red until this time and Screen Blank Desktop to Crash Solved: Random Trying to play Warhammer Age of Reckoning I get a blank screen on launch although I can still here sound - The game is fully patched - I have played with usersetting xml to try to open in windowed Solved: Blank Screen and Random Crash to Desktop mode and change in game resolution - I have installed DirectX c several times I get random crashes to desktop from Counter Strike Source and Dawn of War the only two other games I have as yet tried on this PC This typically happens within minutes of playing the game - I have tweaked in-game graphics settings Thanks for your time people I hope you can help as this PC has been an absolute nightmare Solved: Blank Screen and Random Crash to Desktop DxDiag follows Regards Mesmis nbsp

A:Solved: Blank Screen and Random Crash to Desktop

Also, have just tryed to play dvd on windows media and again, no picture, just sound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-screen-and-random-crash-to-desktop.761006/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought a new Cooler Master Sniper case. When using the pc if anyone touches the out side of the case causing static i get a blue screen mem dump and reboot. Any body have an idea what could cause this and how i can fix it thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-static-causing-blue-screen-crash.1045678/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i m Baz Can anybody help me with my problem over the past couple of months when i am browseing the internet there may be a few other applications running as well the pc suddenly shuts down with please Blue pc erro screen Solved: Help member) crash (new a blue screen and lots of writing on IRQ erro message ie stop xooooooD oxfffffffc oxoooooooo oxf BEA NDIS sys-address F c Datestamp ec I have seen a thread somewhere that the ndis sys is to do with a network card and Solved: Blue screen erro pc crash Help please (new member) that there may be a conflict somewhere but i m not sure A little about the history of the pc i bought it about six months to a year ago from an auction Acer Aspire T it would not boot up after giving to a few of my sons friends to have a look at mths later it came back still not working it would start to boot up ok but then shut down with the fan making a whooshing sound somebody told me to reinstall the os which did it seemed to be the end of my problems but a couple of months ago it started again by the way i ve just added a new second hand graphic card Nvidia Geforce GT but the problem was there before it was installed The pc will stay on for long periods as long as i don t overdo the amout of workload the cpu has to handle it s like it s shutting down because it s overheating sorry this is going on too long can you help please Baz nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey, my problem, after 2-3 min when i boot it up, i get a blue screen with *.sys file problem, and computer restarts, in safe mode, windows is operating normaly, i also removed everything allmost frmo startup and uninstalled few programs that i installed in past 2 days, without win reboot . Is there any suggestions what to do?

Relevancy 48.16%

Good evening everyone I have a dell xps L x running windows Home SP It has a second monitor connected doubling the screen side by side Same resolution - x I can be running only internet explorer or a video or a mixture of things and it Windows second 7 and crash freeze monitor with will crash leaving a colour screen on the second monitor only Different colours or a mix or a crazy pattern Most time I have to turn the power off and Windows 7 with second monitor crash and freeze hard reset but occasionally it will come back to life but rarely I have unplugged the second monitor and it s fine I have speccy to monitor temps everything normal around degrees I ve updated the driver direct from dell and NVidia I ve updated other drivers I can think of I ve got Windows 7 with second monitor crash and freeze the latest bios too I ve got Gb RAM SSD as the main hdd and it s been cleaned inside and had the heat sink repasted The issue was before this too so I don t think that is the cause I have just put on Windows 7 with second monitor crash and freeze an bit defender in the last couple of days after only using windows essentials but this hasn t found anything after completing a full scan Please help sometimes it does it every hour sometimes only once a day or less Also When the computer was nice and shiny and new I could play call of duty full no problems I can t even start playing now without it crashing at a basic setting Thanks in advance Ben nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello here is a zip file i PC atleast , once and it freeze BSoD had crash was told to upload Ive had a BSoD or more times but my main issue is freezing what happens if that it freezes for - seconds in which im unable to operate my system not at all this happens both in game and on the desktop here is some additional information Is Windows - x -bit or x - x - the original installed OS on the system No - an OEM or full retail version Full BSoD crash , had it once atleast and PC freeze retail - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware the GTX is new my CPU is what concerns me most it is AMD black edition cant change it GPU has year the rest are beetween - years - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS ive reinstalled it recently lots of time actually had a big virus infection

Relevancy 48.16%

At 1st every 1 i beg ur pardon ..coz i'm not good in english..After windows 7 instalation every time i lost my partition between 17-18 days..i lost my all doucument,pics,music,movies......At 1st my laptop suddenly HAng or freeze ..than i need to restart...it's happen every day 1-2 time...Sometimes i downloading movie after 50-60% download again my laptop freeze and show only white screen ( i mean only lcd back lid light) than need to restart ...after 17-18 days i lost my partition...when i insert windows 7 setup disk its show my full hard disk space is un-allocated..... my harddisk again need to partition and setup windows.....than after 17-18 days i lost my partition Again....what can i do/ what is the problem???
Laptop--samsung
core i5 second genaration
4 gb ram
500 GB harddisk....
condition new...i purchase from e shop 1.5 month ago...
Plz help me...

A:freeze , crash and lost my partition

If your computer is unstable/problematic and still under warranty why not return it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237392-freeze-crash-lost-my-partition.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Maybe I posted this in the wrong thread before?:

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/930353-constant-system-freeze-crash.html

Mods please move if that is the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-system-freeze-or-crash.930890/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, im new in the forum. I made a new installation of Windows 8.1, and it freezes at random. I can not use the pc, the only option left to me is reboot

I try this, but none of it worked:
Windows Update Troubleshooter.sfc /scannow.DISM to Fix Component Store Corruption in Windows 8.Update all drivers (Windows & SlimDrivers).

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU: AMD FX-8350 23 ?C Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-DS3P (CPU 1)
Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (EVGA)
Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 (SATA)
Optical Drives: ASUS DRW-24F1ST a
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Sorry for my bad English. Several days I try to solve this problem but I fail. I reinstalled Windows 3 times. Thanks for readme

A:Windows 8.1 Randomly Freeze / Crash

Can anybody help me please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61943-windows-8-1-randomly-freeze-crash.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I dont know which thread i should post this in but anyway I ve got this problem wihch started a few days ago It seems to occur randomly though it have happend when i ve played games or watched youtube thats basically what i do all the time So while in a game for example and in Skype with program and Sudden freeze crash my friends the screen suddenly start to flash in some kind of greyish color My friends on Skype have told me that they hear loud electronics sparks and then Skype crashes Most of my program crashes when this occurs only small programs like speedfan and avira remains I cant open any new programs all i get Sudden crash and program freeze is an error telling me the computer was unable to launch X I ve tried to restore the computer back to a point a month ago the problem started just a few days ago as mentioned but this wont help I have also scanned for Sudden crash and program freeze viruses updated the drivers and also checked if the computer was overheating If i restart the computer the problem is gone but usually comes back in a few hours Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD GM-E MS- Antivirus Avira Desktop Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

basically i ll be using my laptop and after about - mins it ll freeze ill still have control of the mouse but everything in the background stops responding there Really crash/freeze strange laptop are a few reasons this might be happening -i had a virus a few days ago that i cant completely get off my computer bc its keeps freezing mid scan -it s overheating although i dont think it is because i ran a scan while my laptop was in the fridge silly i know but it still froze even though though the laptop itself was cool as a cucumber -may be some other hardware issue since its happened before the virus Really strange laptop crash/freeze but its never been this bad the virus was called windows recovery and after running an avg and spybot scan to remove the malicious components i followed online instructions to remove files manually however there were some files in both the registry and explorer that i could not find i assume this is due to the scan before hand i know i still have some parts of the virus affecting me for a few reasons one is that my laptop background is black and i cant change it the other is that two infected files show up in a malwarebytes scan in the mozilla folder im on chrome now but the scan usually freezes about files into the scan so i would like some help how do i remove the remnants of the virus if my laptop keeps freezing my laptop is a dell inspiron a few notes -it has frozen without me running a scan although avg is always running in the background -the other day when i first ran the avg scan i was able to spend the next few hours playing games and such online before it succumb to what im certain was at that point overheating -the laptop never shuts itself down another reason im reluctant to believe its overheating -i am considering getting my windows disc and reformatting the disc as my laptop has gotten pretty slow over time however i cant find it and would rather not resort to reformatting if i dont have to - minutes is a very consistent number im watching the clock now and it froze while i was writing this in notepad and i remember the malwarebytes scans usually running for around minutes when the computer would freeze nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/really-strange-laptop-crash-freeze.994291/