Windows Support Forum

Power loss at reset

Q: Power loss at reset

Hello i have a weird problem every time i reset whether soft reset or hard reset my pc turns off with a clicking sound and reset at loss Power refuses to turn on again for around five minutes during which the PSU power button must be on Trying to turn the PC s power button on too soon causes the fans to turn on for a second before turning off again once Doing it again nets no result until around minutes have passed Everything else works perfectly The machine is built Power loss at reset with spare components i had stored safely which were never used before and are practically brand new mobo asrock g m-gs cpu intel core quad s ram gb ram Kingston Mhz DDR HyperX HDD Power loss at reset Hitachi Tb GPU ati radeon sapphire PSU LinQ P - W I m fairly sure i setup the jumpers and the case connectors right so i dont know what could be causing this Resetting the CMOS and running the mobo with default settings seems to make soft resets work for a while but it doesn t last Any ideas This machine is made of spare parts so i ll have to use it even if it s a cripple but it would be nice if there was a solution nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Power loss at reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.92%

I had a power loss while running on battery (it still showed power left, but suddenly shut down anyway) and when I restart, it reports that the Windows is not activated and Window is not genuine and system might be a victim of "counterfeiting."

Is this a virus (I have MSE on continuously and about once a week scan with Malwarebytes)?

I have run 'sfc /scannow' with filtered output ('findstr /c: "[SR]" c:\.....\logs\CBS\CBS.log" and it appears as usual.

How can I lose my Windows activation?

A:Power Loss To Notebook Shows Loss of Windows Activation (!!??)

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274021-power-loss-notebook-shows-loss-windows-activation.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Loss of power causes loss of connection on restore of power. Need to isolate and see where the problem is. Does modem lose bridge on restore of power. My quess is no. So where is the change at. Is there a option to reconnect. This is a Netgear Wgt624 router with a Speedstream modem 4100. Thanks everybody

A:Loss of Power Loss of connection

Is this a question ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-power-loss-of-connection.119174/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Everyone I need your help to troubleshoot why my desktop PC randomly loses power This happens every few days sometimes multiple times Without warning the computer completely loses all power The case fans stop for a moment The computer then beeps and reboots There is never any BSOD and no dump file is created This seems to happen often when using Kernal-Power BSOD Event Power 41, / no Loss / Random Firefox but also at other times even when Firefox is closed and the computer is idle unattended It does not seem temperature related The case is Random Power Loss / Event 41, Kernal-Power / no BSOD clean and well ventilated I see nothing out of range when monitoring temperatures with HWiNFO or CPUID HWMonitor Custom home-built Operating System Windows Pro -bit Build winblue r - Random Power Loss / Event 41, Kernal-Power / no BSOD Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R v BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory Corsair TR X G C Random Power Loss / Event 41, Kernal-Power / no BSOD G MB RAM Graphics AMD Radeon HD System drive SSD KINGSTON SH S G PSU Corsair TX W Protected by CyberPower PFCLCD DM Log collector file attached Thank you for having a look Any help is much appreciated

A:Random Power Loss / Event 41, Kernal-Power / no BSOD

Are you certain your PSU is OK? I'd check RAM too with Memtest86+
RAM: RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums
one stick at a time eight passes per stick
Run SFC: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61962-random-power-loss-event-41-kernal-power-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Within the first five mins of any game or using Netflix my computer will lose all power The system does not freeze the power Bit Power (63) 41 loss Kernel from 7 System ID power ? Windows 64 just goes out like a light I cannot power my system back on after that point unless I turn the switch from the power supply itself off and then back on and then I can power my system back on When I get back into windows I check the event log and it shows it was a Kernel- power ID I have been searching all over the web to Windows 7 64 Bit System Power loss from Kernel ? power ID 41 (63) find an answer to this issue and so far the only answers I can find are from posts over a year ago which talk about older versions of windows and hardware The CPU and Video card s over clocking is turned off This system was built on Asus motherboard M A TD EVO BIOS Up to Date Drivers Up to Date VIA Audio Drive Up to Date v AMD Chipset Driver Up to Date Realtek LAN Driver Up to date V AMD Phenom X Processor GHz Quad-Core Hard Drive WDC GB RPMwww RAM G Skill Ripjaws GB x GB DDR Window Pro Bit Service Pack Video Card GeForce GTX GB Driver Up to Date v Have Direct x Power Supply W Log Name System Source Kernel Power Event ID Level Critical Task Category lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt BioAcid-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I have done a clean reinstall It is a new system so there is very little amount of programs on the hard drive It is odd that in safe mode I can watch Netflix but running windows it normal will cause the crash I cannot test the games in safe mode so no help there

A:Windows 7 64 Bit System Power loss from Kernel power ID 41 (63)

* Event ID 41 is basically a timeout waiting for a device to respond.
There is both a description and several fixes here...
Event ID: 41

* If we had the actual DMP file we might be able to tell you which.

* Your problem may be caused by many things > RAM problems >graphics drivers > overclocking > heat issues > using more than one AntiVirus at the same time > etc etc.

* Make sure PSU is working properly

* If overclocking, restore to original

Some troubleshooting steps you might care to consider.

* How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

* Run DiskCleanup
Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

* How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

* Check Disk
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198439-windows-7-64-bit-system-power-loss-kernel-power-id-41-63-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

First time poster please be gentle I'm old My system restore points keep disappearing and sometimes there is only one or none I searched old posts and this one which fixed a similar problem quot I had the same problem - System Restore points were beingdeleted after a reboot and Volsnap errors were logged in the System event log Here's how I fixed it Open a command prompt Type Vssadmin list shadowstorage Take note of what the shadow storage allocation is onthe drive you're having issues with in my case it was C and the allocationwas GB Change the allocation by using the Vssadmin command syntax vssadmin resize shadowstorage On VSS Reset Restore Loss Point via Fix C For C Maxsize G whereMaxsize the amount of disk space you've allocated to System Restore points Inmy case it was GB In the case of the C drive the syntax would beVSSAdmin resize shadowstorage On C For C Maxsize G This worked Fix Restore Point Loss via Reset VSS for me after increasing the size andrebooting my restore points were still intact and no longer being deleted quot So I ran Vss and got this and it doesn't look right Is this the problem Fix Restore Point Loss via Reset VSS Sorry for the crumby formatting and the unauthorized smilies All help is appreciated C windows system gt Vssadmin list shadowstorage vssadmin - Volume Shadow Copy Service administrativecommand-line tool C Copyright - Microsoft Corp Shadow Copy Storage association For volumeC Volume bc b e - f- e -b - e f e Shadow CopyStorage volume C Volume bc b e - f- e -b - e f e font font br br font color font face Calibri Used Shadow CopyStorage space GB Allocated ShadowCopy Storage space GB Maximum ShadowCopy Storage space GB Shadow Copy Storage association For volume Volume bc b e - f- e -b - e f e Volume bc font font br br font color font face Calibri b e - f- e -b - e f e Shadow CopyStorage volume Volume bc b e - f- e -b - e f e Volume bc b e - f- e -b - e f e Used Shadow CopyStorage space B Allocated ShadowCopy Storage space B MaximumShadow Copy Storage space MB jptrkn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391334-fix-restore-point-loss-via-reset-vss.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm in panic. I've lost around 347GB of data in my wife's computer, including videos and photos of my son since his birth and lots of her academic stuff. I had to reset her Windows 8 installation and I think that I wrongly selected to reset all partitions. I can't figure out nothing else.

I downloaded EaseUS Data Recovery 5.8.5 and it's running for about 1 hour and already found over 40000 files. It indicates a remaining time of around 4 hours. I'm worried about it. Is that long time normal?

Vlad.

A:Massive Data Loss - Windows Reset

For a data that big, then yes. It is normal.
At least you don't choose clean drive thoroughly (equivalent to clean all in diskpart).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22954-massive-data-loss-windows-reset.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer wouldn't shut down even with holding in the power button and so I just let it run out the battery Then it wont turn on I tried holding down the power button to clear out power on after power loss wont Computer any charge that might be remaining I have managed to get it back on but I have to make a connection at the clip where you plug the power button ribbon into the mobo Also this is the second time I have had to do this The computer works fine afterwards or seems to anyway Question -I any ideas what causes the computer not to power on when it has sudden power loss Question -What can I do so that the next time I have a sudden power loss I don't have to take it apart to get it working again I like learning computer electronics repair so be as detailed or technical as you can be to help me learn more about electronics Thanks

A:Computer wont power on after power loss

The power switches do go bad and can result in all kinds of strange behavior. You might try replacing the switch.

But before you do try removing the switch and starting/stopping the computer using just the wires to see if it is indeed the switch.

Laptop Power Button Repair - YouTube

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219826-computer-wont-power-after-power-loss.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have a toshiba notebook satellite and I am trying to burn a DVD and/or CD to a external DVDRW drive.
Everytime I try I get the following alert:
Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred
I have an WIN XP SP2 Professional, and using Roxio and/or Nero for burning.

A:Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred

does it happen with both burning programs??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-on-reset-or-bus-device-reset-occurred.455037/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello i have a HP G60-447Cl notebook that came with Vista Home Premium and I ran a hard drive test from the HP setup utility which failed at 82% which i was kind of expecting but when i hit <esc> to back out my screen froze where it was at and when i tried to hold the power/reset button to shut it down nothing happens.My battery is non-removable so that option is out. Short of just lettting the battery run out I have no clue how to turn it off. Does any one know of any thing that can help me or have a theory as to what caused this in the first place.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134650/power-reset-button-wont-power-motebook.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My name is Zaid I'm from Kuwait and I'm looking for software or hardware that give me the option to restart a PC after a power loss.

the Kiosk (running windows server 2003)

Zaid

A:power loss

I think I found the prefect article for you, see:
http://www.charmedquark.com/GetStarted/KioskMode.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss.268292/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running a Compaq computer with XP Home, SP3 and all updates. Twice lately the CPU power has failed for a second and then come back. When the computer has rebooted itself it gives me an error message as follows:
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E3C2101C BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BF8374D3
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

and then:
C:\DOCUME~1\Barbara\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbade.dir00\Mini020910-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Barbara\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbade.dir00\sysdata.xml

Any ideas what's going on and what I can do about it?

I'm not very techie but will try to provide any further information if needed. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:CPU power loss

The compaq most likely has a 250 watt bestec supply. These after a few years of use they tend to fluctuate at will. If you can enter the bios menu, post the voltages and temps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cpu-power-loss-460317.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My windows XP H.E. keeps shutting down, it seems to be temperature related but not 100%. When it shuts down it's to a full blue screen with, to me, a lot of mumbo jumbo about how, why, what, with a counter that goes to 100 before it either restarts or tries to restart. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much
john

A:power loss

Why do you suspect it is temperature related?

To help you need to post the mumbo jumbo so we have some thing to work with.

Also post your PC specs and what was open and you are doing when it happens.

For example, use MS Word or playing a game.

Also are you over clocking your PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss.485584/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been having problems with my computer losing power like the plug has been pulled. The timing of this can vary from 30 seconds to 30 minutes after booting. It would usually go quicker if I used the USB ports. After looking into this I changed the PSU with a like for like 300w from pcworld. But this hasn't cured the problem. I have also read that it could be overheating but the CPU fan seems to be working as I have opened the case and turned the unit on and the fan spins.

Any other suggestions or could it still be the CPU overheating?

Many thanks inanticipation.

A:Power loss

If you've added more hardware (or a more powerful graphics card) to the system since it was new, a 300w PSU may not be sufficient to feed everything, so it could still be a PSU issue. Whenever you fit a new PSU you should always use that as an opportunity to fit a more powerful one (higher wattage output) than the one it replaces, and especially if the one it's replacing was only 300w.

Fitting a higher-wattage PSU than the original one will in no way harm your PC. It will ensure that it's well able to cope with the demands placed upon it with plenty in reserve for future upgrades, which in turn means it run's cooler and lasts longer.

I've no idea what your system's total wattage requirement is, but personally I would have replaced that 300w unit with at least a 400w one, certainly not a "like for like" one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss.1043986/
Relevancy 51.17%

I had a power loss in my apartment and now the computer will not boot in any mode. not safe, not normal windows..... nothing. it will make it to the screen it where it says it was not shut down properly and then just reboot. i tried to repair using a windows xp disk and got a blue screen of death. can my HD be toast after this? i don't see the difference between this power bump and a hard reboot. the computer was shut off in a hurry and thats it. please let me know if there is anything else that i can try before getting another HD.

A:Win xp is tko'd after power loss

If you can't do a repair, try to for a format/reinstallation. If you need to get some data off the hard drive before that, try getting an external USB enclosure for the drive & do a backup on another computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-is-tkod-after-power-loss.91645/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an old Advent 3217 pentium 4 80gb hard drive. Now I have 2 choices I could remove the hard drive and create an external drive this getting the files from it... But first I wanna try get it back alive. It broke last year the pc was on and running. And there was a pop a flash of light a smell of burning and now no power. If I buy a new power supply do u think it will bring it back to life? 350watt can I buy 400- 500 watt or do I need 350??

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,

Had a recent problem occurring, whilst using the PC (and normally in the middle of doing something) my PC will suddenly power off, windows does not shut down, its as though someone has pulled the plug out.

Also, when i boot my PC up, it will start to boot up for about 5 seconds, power off, then start again.

I have disconnected all the wires, cleaned out the case, and then tried booting up just using the power lead and still got the same issue when booting up.

The graphics card was slightly loose which i have sorted out but i am still getting the same boot up problems.

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 50.74%

I ve recently had a psu fail and had to replace it It didn t cut out mid use just one day my computer wouldn t turn on but replacing the psu solved the problem Ever since I have suffered with random episodes of power loss I can be using my computer fine for hours and then suddenly the power cuts the computer then boots back up sometimes it boots up fine no problems sometimes it makes it to the windows screen then cuts out again sometimes it won t even post It also loses power sometimes when i put a dvd in the drive or bang my foot on the floor I haven t been able to recognise a pattern of when this happens it Power Random Loss!! just seems totally random I Random Power Loss!! ve gone from a w psu Random Power Loss!! to a w so no massive difference in power I ve tried disconnecting the dvd drive the sound card and swapping the memory modules but I still get the problem I have thought could it be a loose connection somewhere a problem with one of the hard drives My cpu from ghz to ghz and gfx card were overclocked Random Power Loss!! slightly both have uprated fans and heatsinks but I reset everything to standard speeds when I replaced the failed PSU It was happily running overclocked for years without any problems so I m not sure that could be the problem I ve always used a surge protecting extension lead so I m confused at what the problem is could I have overdone it with the overclocking and fried something Any help with what could be the problem would be brilliant Thanks in advance Spec Asus P -B Motherboard Intel Core Duo E Ghz Nvidia GT gb SATA II HD x SATA DVD-RW gb PC DDR Creative X-Fi extreme gamer Generic w PSU nbsp

A:Random Power Loss!!

It could be a bad power supply, especially if its a no name or cheap brand unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-power-loss.779594/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi looking for a little help regarding an old commodore 64 and the power supply.

Trying to get my old c64 up and running.

Hadn't worked for several years. Stored away.

Checked both the internal fuse in the c64 and the transformer fuse. Replaced the transformer fuse with a new 1 amp fuse.

Now the bit I cant work out.

Computer powered up fine. I loaded a few old games without any problems.

After a couple of hours the computer started losing power. The indicator light started to fade in and out and the screen became a mass of gibberish letters. I turned the power on and off and everything was fine again. However 15 minutes later the process repeated. This has continued. Last night the computer powered up for a few seconds, then lost power. This morning... No power at all.

Does anybody have an idea what has happened? No wiggling of wires makes a difference.

Thank you

Alan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/commodore-64-power-loss.1165785/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have installed a new motherboard, at boot the computer completes POST (single beep), identifies the cpu, completes RAM test, runs another 5-10 seconds and powers off. I changed power supply, this occurs with floopy in A drive or from either of 2 know good HDs in place. javascript:smilie('')
confused

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello here are my specs vista SP Intel E stock Zalman Pro Cpu Coller DFI X T RB Mobo gb Gskill DDR ram Asus HD Pci-e Vid Card stock XFI Pci Sound Kingwin Mach W PSU WD gb rpm SATA Seagate Barracuda gb rpm Sata All drivers are current and for the most part it runs fine Occassionally playing WoW or during an overnight Prime run I get a full lockup including loss of usb power I cannot Lockups w/USB Loss Power figure out what is causing it as there does not appear to be an error Lockups w/USB Power Loss log with Prime its just an exe file that runs On the hard lock I reboot and Prime starts over as if it never ran I m looking for suggestions or other methods to try to determine what is wrong My ram Voltage is set of v per its specs and some utilities I ve used show that the psu is about v on the v rail so I m not seeing anything obvious Thanks in advance for any help This is a new build and I d like to get this figured out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lockups-w-usb-power-loss.739034/
Relevancy 50.74%

We had a power loss for about 1 sec. during which I happen to be rebooting. After I cannot access the OS, the BIOs, or even the DVD drive. I get the Bios Logo screen only. Any suggestions for solving this issue are greatly appreciated.

A:Power loss during reboot

Can you get into the BIOS/UEFI settings?
There may be a note on that BIOS splash screen telling which key to press.

If you can get into the BIOS settings, go to the EXIT Menu and Restore Defaults.

If you can't get into the BIOS then try a Clear CMOS procedure (Note Clear CMOS and CLRTC are the same thing):
Note all your current BIOS settings
Shut down the computer > remove the power cord.
Remove the motherboard 3v coin battery.
Move the CLRTC jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.
Touch a metal part of the case and Press and Hold the reset button for approx. 30 seconds to discharge all power from the board.
Put the CLRTC jumper back on pins 1-2.
Replace the 3v battery > replace the power cord > boot.
Immediately go back into BIOS and reset all your preferred settings. If the CLRTC worked you will need to reset the date and time in BIOS.
Can you hear/see all the parts running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363557-power-loss-during-reboot.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I didn t remember to write down my motherboard s model number but it is an intel socket board as well with a ghz P cpu I woke up to find my computer off so I turned it back on When it first booted it just held a blank screen and then rebooted itself After this try BIOS booted and left me with an quot CMOS failure quot error The error was followed by an option to press F to enter setup I made sure that all of the hardware was detected in setup and that the settings were still set for default After that the computer rebooted upon leaving setup During this boot I never saw BIOS attempt to load and I was left with a black boot screen with a flashing underscore character A minute later I would finally get a message stating quot error loading OS quot Every boot after that I get a blue quot intel inside quot logo screen that I have never Bad Loss Mobo / Power CPU? -> seen before in the last two years All of the hardware appears to be intact and there have been no beeping or alarm sounds coming Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU? from the motherboard Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU? speaker quot This forsaken apartment has had Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU? problems power causing lights to flicker slightly and computers to reboot I had been meaning to purchase a UPS within a months time Also I have no idea if it s a possible problem with my PSU from OCZ Though it s sensors on it show that it s putting out proper voltage nbsp

A:Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU?

Eh fluctuating power is never a good thing, motherboards are very sensitive.

You need to start checking the continuity of your parts. Do you have another PSU you can use temporarily?

Does the green power good LED on the motherboard light up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-loss-bad-mobo-cpu.71506/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello New HP PC of a few weeks running Windows Last night inadvertently hit the AC power strip on off button that the PC is plugged into Seems like the power strip being turned Loss: Problem After Power Big Help Please off while PC was running shouldn't be any big deal We certainly have power outages also during the winter Turned it back on turned the PC back on and get that blue screen that has the recovery option like F Setup F System Recovery etc Nothing works The keyboard does absolutely nothing Surprisingly even the caps light won't come on but perhaps the PC has to be actually functioning for this to work Also tried many time to start the PC holding down F during the start Also tried pressing Big Problem After Power Loss: Help Please F on and off several times during the restart Nothing changes Still only that blue screen Pressing any of the option F keys during the restart process or afterwards does nothing Tried the keyboard in another USB slot with no change Pressing the power on off button on the computer itself will not turn off the PC once it has been pressed to turn it back on No restore recovery or W were shipped with the PC Any thoughts would be most appreciated Thanks Bob

A:Big Problem After Power Loss: Help Please

Do a repair install.. You may need to do this three times to ensure that everything is resolved... Hope this helps...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/43363-big-problem-after-power-loss-help-please.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 1.4 gigahertz processor, or atleast I'm supposed to.

One day I turned on my computer and realized as it was starting up that instead of saying 1400 megahertz it said 1050 meaghertz.

I have been living with 1050 megahertz for a few months now, but I would like to get that power back since 350 megahertz is as much as some "older" computers. Any suggestions on how to fix this??

A:Loss of Processing Power???

Look in the BIOS and see if the FSB is set up right ( sounds like you are running at 100 instead of 133 )
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-processing-power.151610/
Relevancy 50.74%

here is the situation
windows 98se
dell laptop
1 usb port
have a linsys usb hub powered by its own power supply
a lexmark usb printer
a linksys usb nic
when i try and plug in both the printer and the nic into the hub it reports insufficant power to run both of them any way to fix this or is the hub i bought just junk?

the only item that pulls power out of the hub is the nic

Relevancy 50.74%

Friend needs help, they are running windows ME, when they try to start their computer it will start up like normal and under one minute they lose all power. We have tried to use a boot disk but system shuts down before before the process can be completed , have also tried to restore Me , with recovery disk and it also fails, so far no matter what we have tried the system will not stay running for over two minutes the best we have gotten so far is to get to the desktop loading before shut down.The tech support for the system says they have a virus on the system tried boot disk ,tried safe mode , tried just about everything and still can't seem to keep the system powered up. by the way it is 14 months old with 3 year extended part and labor , not sure what else to do except change power supply.any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HP Pavillion 533w W/ 256 MB RAM I am running WIN XP (not sue if it is SP1 or2).

The power went out for a short time last night; I had a game running but paused. When I went to turn the machine on it started to load up, it stopped, went to a black screen with the message:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
I got the computer refurbished from Tiger Direct, It had XP Home installed but came with no Disks of any kind.
The only thing I have is a copy of a XP upgrade CD labeled- os_wxpupg (457mb).
I have tried to get to safe mode using both Ctrl and F8 with not luck.

I seem to be totally stuck, can anyone help??

Relevancy 50.74%

Sometimes while playing intensive games often during flashes of light or highly intense areas my computer will simply lose power Nothing else happens Random power loss the PC just turns off No warning It s not my CPU or Graphics card temperatures so those can be counted out It s also not the power sockets in the house The problem Random power loss started occuring when I put a second GT in my system It would randomly shut down But after a while it stopped doing it then after sending it back for testing Because at one point it disabled itself and I thought Random power loss it was broken it started doing this again but more frequently The only thing that has changed about my PC is the amount of gathered dust in the PSU I have a W Quad Rail power supply from quot X-Power quot AMD no overclocking sticks of DDR RAM HDDs case fans Two GTs Random power loss in SLI I didn t think this would cause issues for the power supply So I checked the temperature of the PSU my BIOS said C after crashing PC Wizard said C I think it s the PSU either overheating or being over-consumed But I would like to see if there was anything further I could do to identify the problem or what other people think the issue might be nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have two case fans connected to my Motherboard
I was using Speedfan to monitor speeds and Temps.
I had to remove the onboard graphics drivers to install the ATI card
All was well until I installed an ATI Radeon 128mb PCI Graphics card.
Then, No power from the mother board to the fans.
Is it possible to reinstall my Bios without losing everything.
Or is there something else I should be looking at?
I have connected the fans to an unused power pigtail.
They are working fine but, Where did my mobo power go?
I am not using Speedfan with this configuration.

I would really appreciate some help.

WindowsXP Home
Intel PIII Celeron 3.06 Ghz
Intel Motherboard D865GVHZ
512 mb ram
80 Gb HDrive
ATI Radeon 128 MB PCI graphics card

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I have an old pre-built PC that I use from time to time, specs being a Pentium 4 (don't know clock speed), an ATI 9200 GFX card, 250 gb hard drive, etc. and running Windows XP (SP1 I think).

Anyway, today I lost power for a few minutes. Upon rebooting, the computer was unresponsive, wouldn't open programs, etc. So, I hard-rebooted it and now it won't boot into Windows, it will get to the loading screen of Windows and then reboot. So, my question is, was something perhaps damaged from the power cut? Or even from the hard reboot?

Thanks for any help.

A:Power Loss Killed PC?

Lost a semester of data a number of years back. Lost power as data was being written to the drive. It is possible that the OS was damaged. You should be able to recover however. Have you tried a restore point or possibly a system repair? A reinstall may take care of the problem also.
Edit: That loss of data is also the reason I have UPS on both my desktops and NEVER turn one on without the UPS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss-killed-pc.894570/
Relevancy 50.74%

I put a pretty decent load on my laptop a lot It is not uncommon to have Firefox open with around tabs while running a game like Bioshock I have been able to put this load on it since I got it around a year ago and starting today it has been randomly turning off like random loss power the plug is pulled no shutdown sequence just immediately off My first guess is temperature because I am fairly certain no malware would do that and I know it is plugged in and my battery is charged I have the laptop on a cooling pad metal top grate with fans powered via USB and when it shuts off nothing on the bottom of the laptop is hot to the touch Speedfan says that my GPU is running at C with a light load no games running or anything and my CPU cores are at C and C Is it possible that there is a lot of dust or a bad fan Or is there another possible cause random power loss beside random power loss temperature nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys
I was in the middle of doing a system restore from a disc and everything was going well until we lost power. Now when I boot with the recovery disc in the drive I get a message that says there is an error.
When I try to boot without the disc it says 'no operating system'.
When I first started the recovery it gave me a choice to recover from the hard drive and disc or recover just from the disc. I chose both options but I have no idea how to recover from the hard drive or whether it is even possible now that the recovery operation was interrupted with a power failure. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
I have a viao laptop model name VGN-FS940 with an XP OS.

A:Power loss during recovery!

If this is a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, I doubt the power failure damaged it, maybe the system has a problem from the power failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss-during-recovery.829781/
Relevancy 50.74%

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Problem: When booting up, the computer is fine until it gets to the windows load screen. The bars roll across the screen, as it would if XP was going to start normally. But it does this for about 8 minutes, and then goes to a black screen.

Possible causes: This problem started after the computer was unplugged while operating.

What might be the problem/ what can I do to fix this?

Thanks again.

A:After power loss, XP won't restart

Boot from the XP CD, press "R" on the first screen, log into the Recovery Console, and run:

chkdsk /p

Chkdsk should always be run after an improper shutdown to repair disk errors.

If you have no disk, try Safe Mode. Run chkdsk /f and restart.

If you can't boot in Safe Mode and have no disk, make one:

XP Recovery Console CD Image With Formatting Enabled
Recovery Console ISO Image (original)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-power-loss-xp-wont-restart.741284/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi ...
yesterday after the power restored in NY my computer went down ,
when i press the on switch it doesn't do or sound like anything ... absoloutly DEAD
i guess it either the transformator or the mother board .. how can i know what should i buy ?
the transformator is a pentium 4 atx and my mother borad is asus for Amd processor .
thanks for your help and sory bout the english
Mook

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I'm running Win XP SP2 and have a big problem booting up. I turn on the power and it starts to boot, but then the computer seems to power down. It usually takes about 15 tries for it to boot properly. Does this sound like a hard-drive on the way out? or could it be something else?

I've had a look inside, switched power cables, tightened everything, but it's still the same. No new hardware added recently

One other thing, I have noticed, occasionally, when my computer boots that one side of my screen is 'wobbly', again I have to shutdown and restart to fix.

Thanks for any advice

A:Power Loss during Boot up

I expirenced a problem close to that and i reccomend you first of all scan for viruses then if that does not work then you need to get a new motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss-during-boot-up.528170/
Relevancy 50.74%

my dad's computer is losing it's cookies on power loss. Doesn't matter if computer is on or off when power is lost...

At first I thought coil cell battery, but that's only for BIOS..so what else could it be?

I forget the system specs. It's a custom build from years ago. It might be my old P965 board but i forget which of my parents' computers I used it for.

A:no cookies on power loss

Let me get this straight.
It only occurs on a power loss, and not a normal power cycle?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/no-cookies-on-power-loss-647971.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My OS is Windows XP Service Pack Hey guys this is killing me Lately - minutes after my computer boots up it just shuts itself down as if just suffered from a power outage There is no 'windows is shutting down ' screen or any other indication that it's powering down If I attempt to turn it back on again right away the power goes out within to seconds instead I've after boot? Loss of power found that leaving it alone for a while and trying again resets this process but obviously doesn't fix anything I don't think this is a fan issue as they sound to be running normally without skips or stops I'm not able to spot anything that seems wrong in the couple of minutes I'm given nothing unusual in task manager no newly installed programs or files and everything on my hard drive remains untouched I could be mistaken about task manager though there's a few programs running Loss of power after boot? that I have no idea are what for On a positive note my hard drive seems to be intact but I'm afraid to mess around with the computer in fear I might wipe out my drive Before all this happened I OCCASIONALLY received a message during boot 'failed to load operation system' or something along those lines I also had a registry error involving me being unable to make any wallpaper or theme changes Annoying as it was I didn't find it to be that big of a problem-- now I'm afraid that it was a sign Thanks for the help Hopefully one of you guys can figure this out for me because I sure as hell have no idea what to do

A:Loss of power after boot?

You would first determine if its hardware or software by booting into the bios and staying there for awhile.

If it shuts down it could be failing power supply or overheating.
if it doesn't shut down then move to step2

step2
come up in safe mode and see if it shuts down
if it doesn't note via task manager what applications are running and then compare to what is running under a regular boot. You are looking for a program that was missing in the safe boot.

step3
if both safe and regular mode shutdown disable all power options in both control panel /power as well as in the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/loss-of-power-after-boot-562831.html
Relevancy 50.74%

PC Specs Intel Pentium GHz Intel desktop board d GCPE GB Ram kingston GB SATA HDD samsung Windows XP Professional SP Hi I m facing a problem when my computer lost power yesterday I have two windows both XP power sp2 Very win xp loss slow after SP one for Very slow win xp sp2 after power loss work other for fun stuff may be u find it unusual Yesterday i was running Very slow win xp sp2 after power loss my quot work windows quot and i lost power I turned my PC on about hours after that improper shutdown and i m facing this problem my quot work windows quot that i was running when electricity disappeared doesn Very slow win xp sp2 after power loss t run Its like i start that windows by selecting form boot menu windows xp logo appears on screen with loading bar under it it may be loads and then PC restarts my quot fun windows quot starts but takes a lot of time while loading and then quot windows is starting up quot box is displayed for a long time then desktop comes up but icons are displayed one by one and this takes a lot of time as well The icon click and program exec time difference is too much I viewed my PC s performance in performance monitor run- gt perfmon and it shows a strange thing a Processor time is fine b avg disk queue length goes on top for two seconds and and comes at the bottom for one second c pages sec goes on top for two seconds and and comes at the bottom for one second just like avg disk queue length but they do it alternately i e i can see both of them separately pls suggest some solution is it my hdd problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I ve been having an intermittent problem with my system where it will lose power and Intermittent Power Loss reboot I really need to do something about it I ve set up the computer to not reboot to give BSOD on errors and this told me it probably wasn t a software issue I forget exactly how but I checked within the system log s logs and it said there was a sudden loss of power I have been monitoring the temperatures and while it s hard to say what they are when it crashes I haven t seen my GPU go up past - C I think the trouble zone is supposed to be CPU doesn t seem to go above - and the general temperature zones don t go above I think I may have a broken thermometer since it always reads C and never changes but Intermittent Power Loss I figured I d include that in case it was Intermittent Power Loss relevant I ve had this problem with several configurations and variations on this build At first I thought the problem was the PSU so I replaced the old earthwatts with the beefy new BFG but that didn t fix it I was worried it might be a cooling issue despite evidence that temperatures were fine so I got the fans I ve also tried with and without the x gb ram sticks but the issue still crops up I think it may have to do with the video card since it most often happens when I m playing a game x res but it has occasionally happened during boot or while I m just doing text editing It s not a huge issue I save early and save often whether I m at work or at play I d just like to finally have this figured out even if it means ordering more expensive hardware Thanks for taking a look System Specs PSU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Mobo Audio http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk pny gt Hard Drives x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E x http www google com products cata catalog result amp ct result amp resnum ps-sellers x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Fans x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case included due to one more fan http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E OS Windows nbsp

A:Intermittent Power Loss

Does Foxconn have motherboard drivers for Windows 7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-power-loss.866043/
Relevancy 50.74%

how can i make the HP ProDesk 400 G2 Mini to startup automatic after power loss. I can not find this settings in BIOS. 

Solved!

View Solution.

A:AC Power Loss / Resume

@HPAC15 Did you look here???  REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/AC-Power-Loss-Resume/td-p/5839948
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I'm putting together a computer for my dad out of a few parts I no longer need and was creating a new partition on the hard drive in preparation for a format and installation of Windows.

However, whilst the the partition was being created the power died. Now the machine won't switch on. There is a red LED on the motherboard that lights up when the power button is pressed and the processor fan twitches, but doesn't start turning. There's no power to the CD-ROM drive.

I've tried disconnecting all disk drives, removing/switching position of RAM etc, but nothing seems to work.

The case and power supply are new and the machine was working fine for 30/45 minutes prior to this happening.

I'd appreciate any thoughts - I'm afraid it might be a problem with the motherboard, but am not really sure.

Thanks in advance, Jake

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All I am having a problem opening up my browser I still use Netscape Navigator as my won't Browser power run After loss, main browser Yes I know it s old but it has worked fine for my limited computer use I do use Internet Explorer now and then including now to log in here but I will admit for many reasons I hate it I simply can t figure out Netscape to a computer dummie like me that does limited stuff online works just fine thank you and I know how to use it I posted a few weeks ago about slow computer problems and freezing up I was told to go through all the steps in the slow computer info here I have spent the last few weeks slowly making my way through the list The only thing that really helped a little was not on the list - it involved opening up my computer to clean out some of the pet hair inside So my computer still is barely running still runs painfully slow still freezes up all the time I give up I m going to eventually within the next After power loss, Browser won't run month try to afford a new computer But I really need to get into my Netscape to access my bookmarks and stuff and to hopefully get it limping and usable for another month or so Anyway this all After power loss, Browser won't run started this morning when my computer was freezing up as it usually does after being online a while and I did the only thing that has worked - unplugging it Something in this drastic measure messed up Netscape today It will start to open the Netscape window opens then freezes with a blank white screen - and the only way to get out of it is to use alt cntl delete I have tried again and again and again I spent all day googling fixes And trying them all to no avail I have run scandisk I ran malwerebytes nothing found I did disk refragmenting I did a windows system restore I have updated my avast virus protection I have rebooted a dozen times today Nothing works My Netscape browser will not run I m so frustrated and would so appreciate any and all advice which I will do exactly what you experts tell me to do If I can just get my good ole Netscape to run for a short while longer I will be more than happy to provide any information and or answer any questions Thank you in advance for anyone that can take the time to help me Here is my System Info System info - Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack Hewlitt Packard Company Model SR NX Windows Experience Index Processor -Intel Premium CPU GHz GHz Memory - GB -bit operating system

A:After power loss, Browser won't run

There are a lot of alternative browsers today other than Netscape. IE, FF, Chrome, Opera to name the dominant ones.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440120/after-power-loss-browser-wont-run/
Relevancy 50.74%

My dad owns an HP Pavilion a1410y, and it won't power up after our power went out recently. The light on the power supply is lit up, so i'm fairly certain that means that the power supply is not the problem. However, there is no light on the motherboard that is lit up anywhere. I'm not sure there was one before, but there usually is... Anywho, i know this isn't a lot of information, but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great

A:no bootup after power loss...

If the power went out in your area or there were lightning strikes that caused power to go off and then when the power was restored the PC had a power surge.If so the surge could have taken out the power supplt or the motherboard or both. Try and get another power supply of same or greater wattage to use as a test first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bootup-after-power-loss.879846/
Relevancy 50.74%

Experienced a power shutdown during update restart - tried safe mode to repeat shutdoun & only got worse

Restore points gone

Tried to uninstall update

Tried recovery console with Windows disc & got locked out totally

Removed HD and setup as USB drive & can see everything -

Anyway to fix OS without restarting?

Can Vista's "Windows Easy Transfer" work from USB to new HD?

Thanks in advance!!
John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-loss-during-update-388018.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, im wondering if anyone can help me, i had to do a system restore which i've done before with no problems, this time however when the comp started back up we had a power cut and now when i turn on comp all i get is a black screen even starting in safe mode etc all i get is the microsoft logo at the bottom of the screen and it just goes back to the black screen, the only thing working is the cursor
can anyone PLEASE HELP!!!

A:please help power loss during system restore

Hello sarahjo, welcome to Vista forums!

If you have a Vista install disk you can do a repair install; have a look at the tutorial, at the link below.

Repair Install For Vista

Be sure to post back to keep us informed.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231279-please-help-power-loss-during-system-restore.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello respectful
Recently I used partition magic 8 to re-size my HD in my Desktop. During the process my computer lost power.

After booting partition magic complete the operation and after restart I try to open some files (RAR ZIP SWI (swishmax4 files)) but it's damaged and give me this messages (NO archive found) for RAR and (Unexpected file format ) for SWI files.

What can I do to solve this problems to my files ?? this files is very important for my company ?? can any software treat this damage file
Note : I try to restore my computer but not access

A:power loss during partition resize

Thanks 07kenv I used some one but it's not solve the problem .. thank you in all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss-during-partition-resize.1040057/
Relevancy 50.31%

Coolermaster W PSU y old Intel core i k y old with an i stock cooler new Asrock Z pro MB new Corsair Vengeance gb ram new Nvidia ti y old My computer problem has been a bit complicated so here is a brief summary Initially I woke up one day and found my PC had powered off overnight and would not turn back on After looking for the obvious causes I tripped the pin lead to force the PSU to cycle and checked the other pin PSU leads and pin power connectors and found that PSU voltages were in specified range under no load I replaced the motherboard with the one shown above along with a new heatsink fan since I discovered that my aftermarket one had peeling copper foil and was not cooling the CPU effectively per the bios readings on the new motherboard With the new mobo and cpu fan I was able to power the computer on read temp settings in bios etc and reinstall my loss Desktop power/video OS The computer randomly began to power off within hour every time I was not in the room to see it do so and it was not udner any load beyond running windows It would power back on and worked fine so I disabled sleep mode thinking that was the cause It powered off again and would not turn back on despite all the power connections being secure but then would randomly turn itself back on a few minutes later and work OK I did not think to check the temps at this point Today it turned off when I was using it with a - second hang before switching off and not turning back on Strangely it will turn Desktop power/video loss on if the case is angled a certain way No loose screws or debris in case but now has no video output on onboard video or though my gfx card I never got the mobo speaker working so I cannot tell if it is POSTing but windows never launches as my regular speakers never make noise I removed the motherboard from the case and hooked up the CPU HSF PSU and stick of RAM and plugged my monitor in to the on-board video It now powers on consistently but has no video output mouse receives no power from USB etc Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this I don amp t have a spare PSU but that is my next thought but the fact that it powers on with no video output seems strange and why would it have worked before and stopped working now Did If something loos in the case shorted the mobo would it permanently damage it and why would it only do so after having it power off - times nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have an HP Envy 15t product number: L4R36AV.  I'm trying to set it so it will automatically reboot after power loss.  I've been in the BIOS but I don't see any menu for the power options where the After Power Loss option is stored to set it to return to the previous state.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/No-after-power-loss-option-in-bios/td-p/5717713
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer has resently been cutting out. When I try to turn it back on it just looses power again. Is there a diagnostic program which can tell me whats causing this. I have a fairly new but previously working antec psu.

A:PC Random Power Loss issue

Hi

Sounds like your computer needs a new power supply.
Or - it is overheating. Remove dust inside the case with canned, compressed air.
Make sure the fans and heatsinks are clean.
What's the computer brand/model - including the power supply?
The PSU info can be found on a label inside the computer case.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-random-power-loss-issue-234120.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi My Windows laptop recently suffered a power loss during shutdown I've been running it without Power Unable After Boot Loss to the battery since the battery could only provide about minutes of power anyway Upon turning on the laptop the next day the computer automatically entered Windows Vista system recovery mode and restarting the computer again didn't help The laptop was running Windows Pro upgraded from an OEM installation of Windows Vista Ultimate I proceeded with startup repair but the repair utility wasn't able to recognize any operating systems on my disk Proceeding with the repair anyway startup repair reports that the problem could Unable to Boot After Power Loss not be automatically repaired After that I've tried the following Run chkdsk f from the command prompt under the System Recovery Options window After claiming that a Unable to Boot After Power Loss few sectors were unreadable chkdsk reports that it encountered an unexpected error Connect the laptop harddrive to another computer as a secondary drive and run chkdsk fchkdsk identifies the supposedly unreadable sectors and proceeds to stage and sometimes stage but eventually encounters an unexpected error nonetheless Unable to Boot After Power Loss While attempting to repair the affected sectors chkdsk reports that there is insufficient space to recover the lost data The data partition on the harddrive appears to be readable in explorer but the former system partition appears to be unreadable Put the harddrive back into the laptop and perform startup repair from Windows installation diskStartup repair is still unable to recognize the operating system on the harddrive From here I've also tried using diskpart to set the partition with the Windows installation as quot active quot After doing so startup repair is still unable to recognize the OS on the disk and still complains that the problem could not be repaired automatically After completing the above and restarting the computer I found that I can't even enter the system recovery options window anymore Connect the laptop harddrive to another computer and try to read the harddrive from Ubuntu All files appear to be accessible and there is no evidence of damage to the drive Even the free space remaining in the drive appears to be what it was before the crash This last step seems to suggest that the drive is physically intact but for some reason no implementation of Windows is able to read the data At this point I am out of ideas I am really hoping to avoid having to reformat the disk and reinstall Windows unless I can also back up all the years worth of applications also installed on the computer some of which I no longer have the keys for I would really appreciate any suggestions on what to do from here Thanks

A:Unable to Boot After Power Loss

Try pulling out the CMOS battery for 2 minutes then reinstall. That might get you going.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/289173-unable-boot-after-power-loss.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hello my desktop computer freezes after we lose power and then I turn it back on and then once I get all my things loaded up that need to be such as AVG Spyware blaster mirc Speed fan etc and once I get most of those loaded up and am ready to use the PC it just freezes Anyways it only Computer after Freezes power loss happens after the computer gets shut off when we lose power other wise it s fine Except now it will freeze when watching full screen videos on YouTube like my monitor will shut off and say no signal or whatever Computer Freezes after power loss but I can still hear the audio but then the audio will freeze up and I have to manually shut off the PC I think that s the graphics card but I can play full screen videos in say VLC and it s fine or play a full screen game and not have a problem OS Windows CPU AMD Athlon X C Brisbane nm Technology PSU OCZ ProXStream W RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard AS-Rock ALiveNF P-VSTA CPUSocket C Graphics A email protected MB GeForce GT Gigabyte C Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD AAKS- A B SCSI Disk Device ATA GB Western Digital WDC WD AAKS- TMA SCSI Disk Device ATA Optical Drives TSSTcorp CD DVDW SH-S L SCSI CdRom Device Audio High Definition Audio Device on board audio Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Freezes after power loss

Hi Bbgarnett if losing power is a common occurrence where you are then you might consider getting a surge protector and/or a ups to protect you system from fluctuations in its power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-after-power-loss.1010638/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi hope you can bare with me as this is a long one Im have a set of problems happening with my PC I don Power PC Mystery and loss Restart t know if it s one error causing many symptoms or a couple of things going wrong together First off about PC Restart and Power loss Mystery four months PC Restart and Power loss Mystery ago no booting up my PC it started to reset itself on the Windows loading screen It will get halfway through the blue loading dots at the bottom of the PC Restart and Power loss Mystery screen then reboot It will do this - times before finally opening windows then everything would be fine I would be able to restart with out any problems If I shut down for the night the next day I have to go through it all again until it finally boots up I took this to be a registry corruption and so reinstalled the operating system this didn t solve the problem So over the months I ve persisted with this problem As I said once up and running the system would remain very stable no crashes or shut downs The other month a friend came to stay and had a look at the problem he came to the same conclusion that its registry corruption or a glitch on the hard drive so he formatted the drive and re-installed which still didn t resolve the problem My friend removed cards to try and determine if there was a hardware failure anywhere and nothing seemed to resolve it He then fitted a new graphics card and things took a turn for the worse Initially all worked as usual still had the boot up problem the card worked fine But when we came to install a second operating system on a different partition the system would restart halfway through the win installation No matter how many times we tried it would get to a certain spot and restart Then my system started shutting down randomly whilst up and running this brought new symptoms Sometimes it would sort of crash and I would get Horizontal coloured lines running down the screen and I ll have to push the restart button Other times it would just shut down I d be working away on something or browsing the net and then it s like a power down If I try booting up after the shut down Its like there is know power sometimes I d get - seconds of power then none When it dose this I have to go through the ritual of turning everything off at the wall mains leaving it for five minutes before switching the power back on and then booting up With this I thought to myself has to be to do with the graphics card as all these other problems started after that was fitted So I removed the new card and replaced the old straight away the system boots as normal that is it still had the restart problem as stated in the beginning So I was back to square one with the start-up Almost after a week or so of using the system without any of the other problems accruing they started to return not as often as with the new card but still they happen the shut downs and lack of power unless I turn off at the wall then it all clears and I can boot up after - tries The mysterious crash that give me a colourful stripy screen I have scanned for Viruses regularly and did find that I had the My Doom though this was found a good two weeks after problems started And can t find any more traces of the virus I ve considered a fault with the Power supply but I only had it fitted from new less than months ago Any ideas or help to solve these problems would be great My next stage of plan is to format both hard drives clean start completely from fresh But if I can avoid that especially as I don t know if it would cure the problems Thanks to anyone that can help nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Bleeping I hope this is the correct forum I have a robot program that does on-line trading with my eMachines desktop computer loss methods Re-starting power a after Windows is installed It can sit for weeks at a Re-starting methods after a power loss time with no intervention and will run while I am out of town Occasionally I need to remotely access to make updates I have two questions If I were to experience a power loss the duration of which that exceeds the capacity of my UPS how can I get the computer to auto start once Re-starting methods after a power loss power is restored I imagine Re-starting methods after a power loss I can list the trading program as an auto-run after reboot and it doesn't require a manual log-in each time What is a good remote access program to use when the desktop is up and going Several years ago I subscribed to a VPS and they charged for month There was a large latency factor and they really didn't supply much memory without charging extra so I dumped them Not really worth year Thanks

A:Re-starting methods after a power loss

I've been using UPS on both computer center and VHS/DVD combo center for some time.  I'm not sure if auto-start is a good idea, especially when UPS also has been brought down [battery discharged].  If certain storm or other power conditions exist, and UPS has been temporarily compromised, damage to the computer's "drive-chain" [power supply, motherboard, memory, etc.] is a possibility.
  Is there anyone at home when you're gone for the most part?  And, is it possible to train that person to reset UPS, recharge the battery [at least making sure UPS is working and recharging], and finally to repower/repost/reboot computer?  When the computer finally comes to full desktop -- then restart the online trading program?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595743/re-starting-methods-after-a-power-loss/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I get no internet access (no WLAN light) on my DLINK router, after I accidentally pulled the plug on the Cable modem. (It worked fine before that.) I fixed it on another occasion a few weeks ago after a power outage, but I haven't a clue how - just toil and sweat. I've heard there's an order or procedure to connect and reset the modem and router. I've tried several combinations, but none work. I get internet access when I take the router out of the equation, but that won't help the laptops in the other rooms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

Irwin

Relevancy 50.31%

I've been working at this trying everything I found for the last hours or so and it's still giving me problems power loss genuine windows not after It shows the usual not genuine message in the bottom corner of my desktop and I get access windows not genuine after power loss denied when trying to run slui exe Any help would be gladly accepted Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -Q MMK-KYK X-VKM G Windows Product Key Hash NoAWl ZoVfuieux WkDIc Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E E B -DF - CC -A C- Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E E B -DF - CC -A C- lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VKM G lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To be filled by O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To be filled by O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt ED D FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID cfd - a - af -af -ff d b b c Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key VKM G License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x FE HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output Tampered File systemroot system slui exe slui exe mui COM Registration HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NgAAAAEAAwABAAEA... Read more

A:windows not genuine after power loss

You will need to go through the activation process and call Microsoft if necessary.
Activate Windows 7 Online
Activate Windows 7 by Phone

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352829-windows-not-genuine-after-power-loss.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Have a brother good with computers that has walked me thru most of this over the phone he s on the west coast but have hit a problem my files on my old hard drive have been re-arranged I have a computer with hard drives My harddrive had a power loss of some sort and lost the partition my brother had me follow files to to power Need due restore loss various steps Need to restore files due to power loss trying to repair the partition nothing He had me do what he thought would be the easiest for me to handle and Need to restore files due to power loss not lose data from the old hard drives I disconnected the old drives and bought and installed a new one installing Windows Professional back on the new drive as the Need to restore files due to power loss operating system Then he had me hook up the old master drive up to the computer the amount of data is correct on the old hard drive but my files are unrecognizable saved in folders marked to and separate numbered files in each of those folders When I try to open the files I get a warning The old slave hard drive took no data hits all the files are intact The best explanation that my brother has so far is that when the old hard drive took the power loss it didn t know how to put the files back together again he was going to check to see if there was any way of fixing this mess so that I don t lose all the family history and photos I have stored IS THERE ANY SOFTWARE out there that anyone knows of that can sift through the existing data on my old hard drive and repair restore my files I d really appreciate the help nbsp

A:Need to restore files due to power loss

Man, use google or download.com

http://www.download.com/3150-2248-0.html?tag=dir

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-restore-files-due-to-power-loss.241198/
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,

Sometime during the day while I was @ work here was either a power surge or loss of power to my home yesterday. I think it was a loss of power. Now my computer is not able to start Windows. When I do the initial boot up it looks as though it is not finding my hard drives. I tired running the startup repair and I also tried restring to a previsous restore point. No luck so far. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Not Reading HDs after power surge/loss

Try clearing the CMOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222776-not-reading-hds-after-power-surge-loss.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop will now to connect to my wireless. We had a loss of power in the neighborhood and now nothing. I can see my network connection but when I select it to connect I get an error "Windows was unable to connect to NETGEAR". My wifes laptop will connect to our network so that means it has to be my laptop.

A:Loss of wireless after power outage

i would switch off the router again for a few minutes and then try and reconnect

if still an issue - log into the router and remove the wireless security password - see if you can connect now - if you can
then relog into the router and put the wireless security back on again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-wireless-after-power-outage.1058561/
Relevancy 50.31%

So about a week ago now my main system has just started to randomly shutdown Not like shutdown in the sense it exits windows and powers down I mean like i'm typing this message and now power / loss Random shutdowns of the power is out Random shutdowns / loss of power The only Random shutdowns / loss of power way to power the system back on is by power cycling the UPS it's connected to and then powering the system itself back on If I don't unplug the power then I can't reboot So I thought it might be a heat issue and when checking Random shutdowns / loss of power the video card GTS it's at F The CPU is sitting at and the MB is at After this started to happen I went through and dusted everything off and started to monitor the heat No spikes or high temps at any point I tried to see if I could figure out what i needed to do to make it power down and so far in the last hours I have had it power down about times on me now I can't seem to find a reason ASUS PC Probe is currently reporting my voltages at for the rails and they don't seem to flucuate to much I have had the system power down on me from a cold start powered off most of the day and probably min into it shut down It will at times go for hours with no problem and then I click a link in a website and no power Was typing an email Monday had IE open in two instances shut down Earlier tonight I was working away on something and lost power Rebooted email client loaded and then I went to visit one website I was trying to get to and lost power again about min after booting back up from the last one I just lost power before posting this while trying to research reason it could be happening and in the time it took me to write this message no power loss It could very well stay on now for the rest of the night or it could power down as soon as I hit submit I have no idea anymore Anyone got a clue here

A:Random shutdowns / loss of power

It definitely seems like a hardware issue. Are you sure nothing is overheating?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73594-random-shutdowns-loss-power.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an older laptop and it was running vista and I have had the 7 update for awhile. I was in the middle of the update and my laptop lost power. Now it shows an error that Windows did not finish the instillation but it won't start it and now it appears that I have no operating system.

A:Power loss on Windows 7 update

A sudden power loss like that can seriously mess up an OS installation. Did you purchase a full copy of Windows 7 for this process? It may be possible to run this again and do a clean install; however, this would over-write your personal data and programs. There are ways to retrieve personal data from a disk in this state, but do you have purchased programs on the laptop, too? If so, do you have the product keys for them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-loss-on-windows-7-update.1165465/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi all,

i had a power loss during startup last week and since that my system stops with various random BSODs during startup (minidump attached)
i tried launching the systen via any startup options given by pressing F8, checked the HDD using chkdsk and sfc, tried startup repair multiple times and nothing changes at all.
the most common stop screens are 'REFERENCE_BY_POINTER' (0x18), 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' (0xA), 'cng.sys - Address XXXX base at YYYY, DateStamp ZZZZ' (0x8E) and some others like 0x7B, 0xD3 (pcw.sys)

it would be awesome if anyone has an idea what else i could try to fix the system..

thanks,
-a

A:random bsod after power loss

Quote: Originally Posted by athu

hi all,

i had a power loss during startup last week and since that my system stops with various random BSODs during startup (minidump attached)
i tried launching the systen via any startup options given by pressing F8, checked the HDD using chkdsk and sfc, tried startup repair multiple times and nothing changes at all.
the most common stop screens are 'REFERENCE_BY_POINTER' (0x18), 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' (0xA), 'cng.sys - Address XXXX base at YYYY, DateStamp ZZZZ' (0x8E) and some others like 0x7B, 0xD3 (pcw.sys)

it would be awesome if anyone has an idea what else i could try to fix the system..

thanks,
-a

Ok where to start
Ancient drivers from 2002 till present

Code:
SonyPI.sys 0x826d1100 0x00008100 8/19/2002 21:59:29 0x3d61b091 0x826c9000
tosrfcom.sys 0x94f39d80 0x0000fd80 8/1/2005 02:45:06 0x42edd302 0x94f2a000
tosporte.sys 0x983db280 0x0000a280 10/10/2006 05:33:20 0x452b76f0 0x983d1000
dwvkbd.sys 0x8edba000 0x0000a000 4/11/2007 16:23:28 0x461d51d0 0x8edb0000
nvlddmkm.sys 0x96cfb140 0x006c9140 5/12/2007 01:39:48 0x46456134 0x96632000
SFEP.sys 0x826d4480 0x00002480 8/3/2007 00:36:08 0x46b2bec8 0x826d2000
vnasc.sys 0x98316820 0x0001d820 10/18/2007 01:38:06 0x4716ff4e 0x982f9000
seehcri.sys seehcri.sys+493 0x98326f00 0x00005f00 1/9/2008 03:41:37 0x478488c1 0x98321000
fw.sys 0x98245c60 0x00221c60 1/23/2008 03:17:30 0x4796f81a 0x98024000
DamewareMini.sys 0x98246e80 0x00000e80 3/16/2008 13:41:51 0x47dd69ef 0x98246000
PGPwded.sys 0x891a0000 0x00039000 5/21/2008 12:26:29 0x48345b45 0x89167000
PGPfsfd.sys 0x89167000 0x00024000 5/21/2008 12:29:39 0x48345c03 0x89143000
yk62x86.sys 0x82699000 0x00050000 2/23/2009 09:44:18 0x49a2b642 0x82649000
ay79lump.SYS 0x8273f000 0x00038000 3/21/2009 09:47:30 0x49c4fe02 0x82707000
sptd.sys 0x88f92000 0x00101000 3/23/2009 01:38:33 0x49c72e69 0x88e91000
netw5v32.sys 0x82649000 0x00413000 3/26/2009 11:10:37 0x49cba8fd 0x82236000
spldr.sys 0x897d0000 0x00008000 5/11/2009 11:13:47 0x4a084ebb 0x897c8000
amdxata.sys 0x890fe000 0x00009000 5/19/2009 12:57:35 0x4a12f30f 0x890f5000
SYMTDI.SYS 0x94e69480 0x0002c480 6/17/2009 16:11:02 0x4a395be6 0x94e3d000
SYMEVENT.SYS 0x8ed84000 0x00025000 6/24/2009 15:14:58 0x4a428942 0x8ed5f000
These must be updated

How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

2-Symantec Old and causes BSOD's by itself. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124021-random-bsod-after-power-loss.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I was on my computer tonight when it suddenly just died. No power to the tower. I hit the power button and it started to power up for just a split second then went dark again. Tried unplugging, turning off power supply, then reconnecting. Still no good. I'm guessing power supply...any thoughts? BTW, there was a thunderstorm going on but at that time there was no activity and nothing else seemed to take a hit..no flickering lights or anything. And it's plugged into a heavy duty power strip with surge protection.
thanks...

Relevancy 50.31%

So usually I wouldn t bother other people with problems but I m having power bizarre random loss Very real difficulty with this one My problem relates to my laptop seemingly randomly cutting out as if it s lost all power despite having a battery and being plugged into the mains and then restarting a moment later This shut down happens regardless of what Very bizarre random power loss I m doing at the time though I have noticed it seems to be more likely to occur when I m not using the laptop - so when it s idle not playing a video or on skype or playing a game or browsing the internet The shut down is sometimes but not always preceded by the screen flickering once or twice and more rarely slightly wavering cracking audio I almost never got any error messages but I have had ones mentioning a memory parity error and also an issue with my display driver The laptop also sometimes just before the shut down locks up - so it freezes isn t responsive to any input and can also play a long beep tone So I m thinking this is hardware related It doesn t seem like overheating as I ve had overheating issues with this laptop in the past and it behaved differently I then fixed those issues by cleaning all the dust out just to be safe I ve dusted it out this time and that hasn t fixed the problem I ve tried reseating the RAM and that also hasn t fixed the issue I ve updated the display and sound drivers also to no avail The drivers seemed to be more likely something to do with it once I worked out that the problem doesn t seem to occur on safe mode but so far I ve had no luck My specs from the tech support system info utility are Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled If you need any other specs just ask I appreciate this is a weird problem and I m not too optimistic but if any of you very kind people have any advice - even just that I should give up and think about buying a replacement - it d be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-bizarre-random-power-loss.1063165/
Relevancy 49.45%

Heya,

i bought a new comp a few weeks ago - the thing is when i play a certain game (World of Warcraft) i get random instant power offs and after that i cant power on the comp for another 5min or so. I figured it probably has something to do with the power supply...anyway here are my comp specifics :

AMD 3200+
Geforce 6600 Ultra (PCIExpress)
MSI A939A nF4 K8N SLi-Platinum
420 Watt Power Supply

Since i have a 420 Watt power supply, i dont think its not enough...when i play other games like Morrowind or Boiling Point i never experienced the instant shutdown - and it only started like 2 weeks ago, the first 4 weeks worked fine with my comp, even when playing World of Warcraft...

My comp isnt overheated cpu wise, it stays at around 30

Thanks

A:Random Instant Power Loss when playing

I am a heavy gamer and self proclaimed computer expert, there are a few things to look at, how much charge does the computer need, another things ive seen, power supply's often now have a temperature control, i hink it may be getting too hot and is shutting down for safety, also while gaming you may be drawing too much power, try getting a new power supply or find a way to cool it more, anymore questions you may use aol instant messenger and catch me at x PReSiDeNT dK x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-instant-power-loss-when-playing.366698/
Relevancy 49.45%

After a recent power outage while my computer was running I ve experienced a few problems Some installed programs either won t load at all or parts of them won t System Restore is diabled in a way that only a little black window like Command Prompt starts momentarily then goes away I get a few error messeges now that I didn t before Some of my PCs behavior resembles that of malware but I ve done full scans with Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware Avast - all to no avail Despite these problems the PC performs Power After Loss Outage, Can't A Data. Defrag, Of as well as before EXCEPT after a few days of regular use the disk is fragmented to the point that it runs like a squeaky rocking chair AND NOTHING DEFRAGS Auslogics IObit Smart Defrag WinUtilities Wise Defrag etc The only hope is to do a restore created on Comodo Time Machine AFTER the power outage and start over At that restore point Fragmentation is only at I ve tried chckdsk and it quot fixed quot errors due to bad clusters Still no difference Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated The main thing is the loss of defrag ability I can live with the rest Thank You MS Windows XP Professional SP Intel Pentium CPU GHtz MB RAM Intel G Graphics Controller nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Ive been having an issue with my PC for a while now and i thought id finally try to get some help

Basically whenever I Hibernate, Pull the plug or hold down power button or Sleep
(pretty much anything that is not a windows shut down)
My PC will not boot up again properly after the forced shutdown or hibernate, my PC will turn on but I will get no lights on mouse keyboard and for some reason every other fan apart the front one will come on.

When I hibernate/sleep my PC will go into that state straight away (no power to mouse etc..) causing me to force shutdown.

When this issue occurs i can leave the computer off for about an hour or so (completely off/unplugged) and it will start to boot normally again.

If anyone could help with this issue that would be great.

Thanks
Joyless

A:PC Boot Issue after Power Loss/Hibernate

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-boot-issue-after-power-loss-hibernate.1092975/
Relevancy 49.45%

If you have just replaced a motherboard and get this error: 1. Boot into this BIOS - Tap ESC or F10 repeatedly at power on.2. File - Enter Time and Date.3. F10 to Save and Exit.4. Allow Windows to load.5. Restart the computer and you should not have the error.  Side Note: If you're also seeing the 'Invalid Electronic Serial Number' error post motherboard replacement, see this forum post (with pictures).

A:161 Real Time Clock Power Loss

I didn't change motherboard but I changed the Cosmo battery. It still show this error even I had updated and saved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/161-Real-Time-Clock-Power-Loss/td-p/3109775
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi please bare with me error PC and know codes. power loss No sudden don't why. as I am not the most technical sounding but I PC sudden power loss and don't know why. No error codes. try to be thorough I am not exactly a noob with computers neither I have an issue where I will be on the computer and then suddenly the computer loses all power and reboots The only indication I have that something is happening at first is that I hear all my fans in the case stop just silence and then the computer is off Then my computer restarts and states that it did not shut down correctly the last time PC sudden power loss and don't know why. No error codes. and asks how I would like to start back into Windows Safemode or not The only thing I can think of is the latest change to my computer which was a month ago now My friend Dave talked me into putting in a different Motherboard for minor improvement since he got it for free and wanted to gift it to me I went from a Asus M A Pro ATX G Motherboard Chipset AMD to a Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz http ark intel com products z- -MHz-FSB As far as I know that is all that has been changed recently No BSOD recorded in the last month or so Occurrence of the quot power outage quot was just yesterday My current specs System Information ------------------ Processor Name Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Processor Information Intel Family Model Stepping Number of Physical Cores Number of Logical Cores Installed System Memory GB Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -bit Graphics Information ATI Radeon HD System Product BENICIA System BIOS Case ''OGRE Xtreme'' Nikao Case My ex wonders if it might be the case is not right for this motherboard and is overheating or if the Power Supply is failing even though it is less than a year old and bought brand new The case looks like this ''OGRE Xtreme'' Nikao Case Quote OS Microsoft Windows Professional Edition Service Pack build -bit CPU Intel R Core TM Quad Q GHz Xeon Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Benicia x AB - x Memory MB x MBytes DDR Dual Symmetric Graphics Card s ATI Radeon HD Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Version Hard Drives GB total C Main tb WDC WD EARS- S B ATA D Optical Drive ASUS DRW- L ATA E Gb WDC WD AAKS- L A ATA F Backup Tb Clikfree Backup Drive USB PSU GX Cooling default fans Internet Speed High speed cable Antivirus Avast Internet Security Browser Firefox x en-US Other Info BIOS American Megatrends Bios Date Ver

A:PC sudden power loss and don't know why. No error codes.

Let me get this straight... you went from a motherboard with an AMD chipset and presumably an AMD processor to a motherboard with an Intel CPU and chipset?

Assuming that you reinstalled Windows and all the appropriate Intel chipset drivers and all your programs from scratch, the only other thing that occurs to me is that the power supply may not be working properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346902-pc-sudden-power-loss-dont-know-why-no-error-codes.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm hoping somebody can make sense of a power outage issue I had this morning I woke up this morning just before to the sound of my APC battery backup today help understanding a Need power event loss beeping signalling a power outage Need help understanding a power loss event today I was just on Need help understanding a power loss event today the phone with APC yesterday to discuss my backup as it is over years old and at charge it shows less than minute available on battery backup APC told me the battery is gone and needs to be replaced due to age I also get random power outages in my area I had one days ago for just a few minutes and my neighbors but not me had one yesterday afternoon for a while I freaked out this morning Need help understanding a power loss event today because my PC was in the middle of doing a full format on a brand new drive when the power went out When I awoke the PC was already off since the APC battery is bad I turned the unit back on assuming it was off and it appeared to be starting up like normal After about seconds the PC shut off again instantly I didn't know what was going on but I pushed the power button again and this time it appeared to be starting up again Within seconds or so the PC was fully up and running with the quot disk management quot window open and formatting was continuing like nothing had happened I was very confused and decided to cancel the format thinking maybe the interruption may have harmed the formatting process I then deleted the partition back to unallocated and re-initialized the drive and started a fresh full format From there everything went fine and the format completed about an hour ago Here is what was in my event viewer Application ----------- Battery Backup transferred to battery power due to a blackout Battery backup transferred to AC utility power PowerChute causing PC to hibernate Battery backup transferred to AC utility power System -------- AM The system is entering sleep Sleep reason Application API The system has resumed form sleep So what happened I thought the APC Powerchute software was supposed to put the PC into shutdown mode when there's a power loss That's what it tried to do the other day when I lost power but the battery died in less than a minute before the PC had time to finish shutdown So then why did the PC seemingly go into sleep mode and hibernation And why did the PC come back up so quickly with quot disk management quot running My PC takes a long time to boot these days Very confused

A:Need help understanding a power loss event today

the APC battery needed to be replaced, your OS went into sleep or hibernation mode either form setting in BIOS or your power settings of your OS were set to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373685-need-help-understanding-power-loss-event-today.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Gudday all
I have just noticed that I cannot open the power options via the control panel in XP Pro on my laptop.
The power options is visible but clicking on it has no apparent effect i.e. nothing happens.
I noticed it because I wished to change the behaviour of the laptop itself.
I hadn't loaded any XP updates lately so I am assuming that that is not an issue.
I do not have an XP Pro disc as I brought the laptop 2nd hand.
Would I need that disc to repair anything? I do have a couple of XP Home discs.

A:Loss of power options via control panel XP Pro

try sfc /scannow on cmd prompt after running it as admin.

if that does not work you might need to obtain a copy of an XP cd and repair

your windows, places that sell computer software / hardware would be a first

place i would look for.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/loss-of-power-options-via-control-panel-xp-pro-621070.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Got a Y5070 about a month ago, 11 months left on the warranty. When I received it, I replaced the HDD with an SSD, and upgraded RAM to 16Gb, and installed Windows 10. Ever since I've had it, when on battery I would get random power losses. Exactly as described here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Sudden-Crash/m-p/2093711#M124398 The solution to that poster's question was to "reinstall OS because of NTFS error". Since there are multiple users complaining about the exact same circumstance, I can't believe that an OS reinstall will fix it. When it happens again, I'll get the dump file and event log entries and post them here.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-random-power-loss-when-on-battery/td-p/3304508
Relevancy 49.45%

Howdy everyone,
I own a HP DC7800 Computer, currently running W 8.1 OS.
Occasionally there are blackouts (Power loss) in my area.
(Caused by Possums would you believe !)
The Computer restarts automatically after power is restored and a black screen appears with a Megabyte counter on it which stops around 8000.
Is there anything that can be done to prevent the Computer from coming on automatically ?.
I think there's an adjustment in 'Bios', but don't know how to find this is on the machine.
I want to restart the Computer manually, after power loss.
Because it's rather dusty where I live, a sheet is draped over the Computer when not in use.
If power loss occurred at night and was restored while I'm sleeping, the machine would overheat because of the sheet.
Goodbye Computer !.
Please be as detailed as possible with your answer.

Relevancy 49.45%

This is so odd I m running Windows XP SP on Dual core INtel with gb memory I ve installed a front USB panel that has ports in front and more on the PCI card which it s attached to added on peripheral I can deal with the quot this device can run faster if plugged into a device quot but what is really frustrating is that if I plug in or more USB devices At least one of them won t work This computer is in my family room and wirelessy plugging of USB power devices multiple Loss in when networked to my other computer in another room I use a Motorola USB device to connect for the purpose of Loss of power when plugging in multiple USB devices printing Loss of power when plugging in multiple USB devices stuff off the printer in the other room If I have too many USB devices plugged in - there doesn t seem to be enough power to allow the wireless connection - resulting in not being able to print This isn t the only issue I have some software that requires the USB quot key quot in order to work If I need to use that software using the quot key quot and then I need to print something from that particular software to the remote printer - I have to save it to my desktop firsti - then disconnect the quot key quot and then I can print Do I need a bigger PS I have a W now I thought that would be big enough Perhaps the USB issue isn t related to that at all Is there some way to regulate how much power is assigned to USB devices Since my computer is in a desk against a wall - it s very difficult to plug and unplug stuff into the rear slots Hence the install of the front panel USB This is very puzzling and frustrating Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Here is the full report on what I m running - cut and pasted from the quot Advisor quot software Drive quot F quot is an external drive I had plugged in at the time I ran Advisor I had also followed advice previously given that said to delete the USB ports - copy a command to a folder on my desktop and following the advice to quot fix quot the registry That didn t seem to work either I dont recall if all the USB ports had been re-installed when I ran the Belarc Advisor program Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build Intel Corporation Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Intel Corporation D GTP AAC - Serial Number LATP Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Intel Corp NT J A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON CD-ROM LTN- S SONY DVD RW DRU- A CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor L M Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD JB- GVC USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Installed Memory Slot J H has MB serial number x Slot J H is Empty Slot J J has MB serial number x Slot J J is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free f NTFS on drive GB GB free ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller x Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CA Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CB Intel R G ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - CC Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device HID-compliant mouse Generic USB Hub USB Composite Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub x nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

So long story short my computer got unplugged while in the middle of playing some after loss of Hard screwy are power. drives Counterstrike and the hard drives have all been really screwy since then My x tb drives my ssd is fine i think This was about weeks ago but due to IRL problems and i am only Hard drives are screwy after loss of power. able to post about it now So when i plugged my computer back in the computer wouldn't boot I would get the shiny windows logo doing its thing then it would turn into an illuminated black screen The monitor didn't turn off but everything was black and after waiting quite Hard drives are screwy after loss of power. a while and restarting the PC a few more times it still wouldn't boot A few times i got errors that i distinctly remember relating to the HDD but i forget what they said So i decided to disconnect the hard drives and then the SSD booted up fine all by itself I also tried connecting the hard drives one at a time for of them i was still getting the black screen but when i connected the rd it DID boot but only after waiting minutes When it did boot the computer was painstakingly slow and i couldn't even access let alone see the hard drive in quot My Computer quot Tldr my hard drives are screwy after being unscrewy I have an external HDD mount that i have been using to access the drives and they seem to work fine when plugged into that I am wondering if anybody would have insight on why this would be happening I was planning on dumping all my files onto my NAS and reformatting the drives to see if it helped but it would take way too much time and if it was unnecessary and failed to fix it it would suck EDIT I decided to download some harddrive software and it is warning me for reallocated sectors I did a bit of googling but didn't really understand it SCREENSHOT http i gyazo com d b e ec f c b a d fa png

A:Hard drives are screwy after loss of power.

When sectors on a hard disk turn bad, those sectors are marked so they are not used anymore and they are reallocated to good ones that are placed on a dedicated portion of hard disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/371595-hard-drives-screwy-after-loss-power.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi folks it s that time again and apparently I ve broken something else If someone could spare the time to give me some help with this I d really appreciate it I loss Video / Unknown power? issue ve noticed two problems both of which involve the PC quot turning off quot but actually it s more like video cuts out screen loses signal followed by audio Caps lock and Num lock still work plus the fans and lights stay on On the other hand sometimes everything just switches off The first time I had this happening was in Company of Heroes CoH running the game at max resolution x and max settings I managed to fix this in a crude and temporary way by installing RivaTuner and defining a profile that makes sure the GPU fan speeds up when hot The current problem is easily caused by running a slightly older probably less demanding game - Tomb Raider Legend TRL Since not many people might know the ins and outs of that game here I ll try and be vague but I also posted about it here if you Video loss / power? Unknown issue want specifics The game crashes at specific points loading the next level reloading the level if you ve died and also resuming the game between missions This is true when certain combinations of Shader Model graphics reflections Anti-Aliasing and possibly VSync However when using a resolution other than x tried x - same aspect ratio as monitor and x - the default the first level cannot even be loaded and the PC turns off if I try This isn t true for running the game on default settings x SM AA reflections Vsync all off The difference between the games is that I m guessing the first was Video loss / power? Unknown issue due to it overheating and the second is some sort of driver problem I only mentioned CoH because the symptoms were the same System Spec is modestly CPU E GHz Video Asus GTX GB DDR Memory GB x GB OCZ DDR running at OS Windows Vista Home Premium x Motherboard Asus P N-T Deluxe nForce i chipset HDD WD Velociraptor rpm SATA for all installations including Windows ndary HDD GB IDE PSU W Corsair seen here I very recently built it myself and am naturally a bit upset that it has problems already I m worried that the problem might have something to do with the news about NVidia chips being bad What I ve tried Updated Video Drivers from recent to latest Updated nForce Drivers from recent to latest x - is this right for a i Clean reinstalled TRL Updated DirectX Defined Virtual Memory primary or both HDDs Set Memory Voltage Speed and Timings to specified values in BIOS V Enabled Speedfan to monitor temperature in background saw nothing significant at point of crash Not sure about In C NVidia there is quot nForce quot as well as well as quot nForceWinVista quot and it contains a folder called quot quot which might be a wrong driver I installed and think I removed Thoughts Anyways as said I would really appreciate any help from anyone who might know what s going wrong Chris nbsp

A:Video loss / power? Unknown issue

what kind of psu do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-loss-power-unknown-issue.114000/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys To cut a long story short after my laptop power chord and battery were repaired my laptop fix Massive chord in range after power loss wireless suffered a massive loss in the range of its wireless What I mean is that where previously I would be able to connect to the Massive loss in wireless range after power chord fix wireless network from my room now I cannot do it eventhough I can still connect in the living room where the router is I sent it off for repair again and had to suffer another week without my laptop I have just received it back and from what it seems they have changed nothing because I am still suffering from the same problem They do seemed to have checked it because they have jpgs of being able to connect but I feel they may not have checked it from range I am worried that it may be a hardware issue but do not want to go through the whole ball ache of sending it off for another week I have rung them up and they are suggesting a factory reset but would like to ask you guys if you have any suggestions as to what it may be before I even think about doing that Many thanks

A:Massive loss in wireless range after power chord fix

Have you tried updating the drivers for your wireless adapter?

What is the make and model of your laptop?

Where the router located is in near an outside wall? If so this can weaken wifi strangth by it leaking to the outside. Try relocating the router if possible. Also a trick I do for my router if it has external antennas is take a rubber band and an old cd mount the cd on to the antenna and point the reflective side toward you laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/massive-loss-in-wireless-range-after-power-chord-fix-607406.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All I have a 3 1/2 year old Ideapad Z580 which will not start.It was left for a short period (not unusual), I came back and it was completely dead. I assumed the power cable must have come out of the adapter and check all connections. Power adapter works (powers 7 runs another laptop). However, no sign of life on the Z580. No light, no sound, no response whatsoever.I tried the pushing power button trick to discharge static etc. Left it completely unplugged & batter removed, but nothing.Completely dead.Is there anything to try or is it new machine time?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z580-Ideapad-total-power-loss-will-not-start/td-p/3345443
Relevancy 49.02%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Emerald devices ability loss to usage usb Random power? Lake Antivirus None I ve just restored my laptop in an effort to fix a problem I had with my mouse a razer Naga epic losing power It was a last resort and I had already attempted updating firmware and drivers and I ve come to the conclusion that Random power? usage ability loss to usb devices the problem is not with the devices but the usb ports Random power? usage ability loss to usb devices themselves I just started using a usb logitech headset and it and the mouse lost power at the same time I know for a fact the problem is Random power? usage ability loss to usb devices with the port and not devices but I haven t the slightest idea how to fix it Any help TSG nbsp

A:Random power? usage ability loss to usb devices

Additional note. When the mouse stops working, the mouse seems to be receiving power, and the laptop recognizes that the mouse is connected but the mouse doesn't move the pointer. The lights flashing is how I know it's receiving power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-power-usage-ability-loss-to-usb-devices.1094168/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Acer, Aspire 3023WLMi Laptop computer. Here is the problem. I am stuck with a French version of Windows XP and I am trying to download Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 English version but when I try and the computer restarts, somewhere along the process the laptop cuts off power completely and randomly and when I try next time it shuts down sooner.

The computer was purchased overseas as that is what is making this complicating but any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been stumped for quite some time now and would definately provide compensation for any solutions to this problem.

I can't install the MUI pack for windows XP cuz I have the Family Edition and the MUI pack requires Windows XP Pro version.

Thanks,

Matthew M.

A:Windows XP(French) Laptop Unusual Power Loss?

trying to download Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 English versionClick to expand...

I believe that there is no way to download a legitimate Windows XP. A purchased XP comes on a CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-french-laptop-unusual-power-loss.767192/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone Sorry if this thread is too non-specific or stupid for and possible Power damage? Windows tools loss, analyzing but I've just run across an unsettling problem and I was hoping to get some advice Today some maintenance personnel were working on my bathroom in my apartment I stepped out to take care of some errands while they worked I put my computer into sleep mode NOT hibernation - Actually sleep mode When I Power loss, and Windows tools for analyzing possible damage? got home I realized that all of the clocks were flashing quot quot and my computer was Power loss, and Windows tools for analyzing possible damage? powered off When I talked to the maintenance crew they said that they had encountered a problem in the bathroom and caused a short This in turn tripped the breaker that my computer room was on which they then Power loss, and Windows tools for analyzing possible damage? reset This means that my computer at minimum experienced a hard power loss while running It may or may not have experienced a surge though it is on a surge protector And the surge protector did not have its safety lights lit to indicate a surge Unfortunately since using the computer I'm noticing a lot of oddities I played some TF to unwind and for the first time ever it crashed My Video Card got stuck in quot uplocked D quot mode Web browsing was slower than I'm used to and overall it seemed like the computer picked up a lot of 'chugging' where it hadn't before Is there some method to diagnose the general health and well being of my computer in windows Are there tools beyond CHKDSK that I can run to locate problems that may have occurred as a result of a power surge I'm concerned that the power loss damaged my components significantly and I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem or determine if it's all in my head Here are my specs if that's important Windows Pro x i core CPU eVGA x mobo eVGA GTX Video Card drivers Corsair W PSU GB RAM Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Power loss, and Windows tools for analyzing possible damage?

I'm not aware of any diagnostics that are specific to your situation, but there are plenty that may be of use, such as SFC /scannow, System Restore and if you suspect any particular hardware device, there are so many diagnostics available, that it would be difficult to recommend any particular one, but a few are CPU-Z, Memtest86, Harddrive Tune and many others. Which, if any of these to use would depend on the situation encountered. Be sure to check you defrag.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97817-power-loss-windows-tools-analyzing-possible-damage.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys

I've got a strange occurrence that I don't understand and would like some input on please.

Overnight my computer was left on, and we had a power failure. On restarting my computer I found the following:
Excel 2013 didn't provide the updated files which I had saved the previous day - but indicated that the latest saved files were 6 days previous (23rd)
Outlook 2013 showed the latest files as 23rd i.e. six days missing
Chrome history shows nothing between the 23rd and today, the 29th. and recovered pages don't show any open pages from these dates in between.
Any help would be appreciated as I feel I might have been dreaming!!!

A:Power outage system memory loss unexplained

Power outages do strange things to computers left on. Doesn't seem to be a pattern. Different computers have different problems.

Do you use a surge protector?

After saving all those things was their a reboot before the power went off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339573-power-outage-system-memory-loss-unexplained.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Im carrying out a MOD on a PC you can see my project here Last Entry my problem Ok this is my problem for this project I purchased all new hardware so now I connect every thing to test my lighting Lights work ok but system looses power for a split second So I disconnect all sources and only the following is being power up - PSU to Power up MainBoard CPU Cooler mounted and RAM Fitted after seconds or so System quick 10 ? of (after seconds loss power) testing Normally Random the system will loose power for a System testing (after 10 seconds quick loss of power) ? milli second Green power light will go off and come on again and the System testing (after 10 seconds quick loss of power) ? CPU fan will start to slow down and then it all comes on again You can see Image of the Hardware here but just imagine the pin socket plugged in and this is my set up Any ideas why it cuts out quickly some times it cuts out completly Ive tried it on a different Power Supply and it does the same or is it becuase AGP HDD etc etc isnt connected and the system dont like it nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I was burning a cd yesterday when the computer randomly shut down It s been doing this for a while the shutting down I think it s a slight over heating problem because the computer is enclosed my desk was made by idiots Anyways I try to keep it pulled out enough to keep it from overheating but sometimes it does anyway especially now because it s getting colder and the heat is running Normally it boots back up fine after it cools down of course This time neither of my internal hard drives are recognized I m kinda freaking The master internal is inconsequential but the slave is the one I m worried about It s got some very important data on it In the BIOS neither are detected I can t get into the actual computer because as far as it s concerned there s no OS installed I can t even recover it because I don t have a hard drive in it loss recognized Hard unexpected not power Drive after Any help is greatly appreciated I m really worried about the one Hard Drive not recognized after unexpected power loss hard drive I m hoping both are ok Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read PS when I jump into the boot menu the only thing that pops up is the CD DVD drive and a Realtek boot manager And when I try to use the Hard Drive not recognized after unexpected power loss boot manager it doesn t really do anything Goes to a black screen with white font and does something not sure what but it ends up just sitting at one spot until you restart nbsp

A:Hard Drive not recognized after unexpected power loss

OK, lets do some basic troubleshooting;
1 Open the case and reseat both the data and pw connectors for both drives
2 While the case is open, give it a good cleaning with a can of air. This may help with your overheating
3 Clear the cmos with the clear jumper. For detailed instructions regarding clearing cmos, read your manual
4 Replace jumper to the keep position and pw ON the system. Enter the bios and make any changes you need ie sata mode, boot order, etc. Save settings and restart.

See if your drives are detected now. If not, you need to pull them and connect them to a working system to see if they can be accessed.

My computer sits inside a cabinet in my desk as well. I made an exhaust fan for the cabinet using a 140mm fan and a wall wort to power it; works great. Keeps an overclocked amd 940 @32~40C depending on room temp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-not-recognized-after-unexpected-power-loss.959522/
Relevancy 49.02%

basically i have been unable to use my PC for the last months when i tried to install service pack for vista damn rockstar and their requirement to have the pack install to play gta iv gt gt the first times all failed and reverted back to regular vista had similar problems installing service pack for xp loss power service :( vista 1 pack during installation... when i used to have xp the fourth time a technician from m power loss during vista service pack 1 installation... :( took control on my PC and removed a few updates and i got it to install how ever during step where it restarts your pc to finish the installation and then restarts it more time there was a like - second power failure when power loss during vista service pack 1 installation... :( power came back on and i pressed the power button it booted up only to not show the loading screen but instead the windows auroa and a blue screen crash after min vi have tried using this drive in an esata and usb enclosure but after i turn the enclosure on i can actually browse my files but i can t copy anything over because when the computer recongises the drive it crashes after minutes of connecting it and the pc recognising it and having the enclosure on from the start it jsut crashes vista at the loading screen and since the drive is basically un touchable i can t even reformat it so i can use recovery programs to get my info back so any know how to correct this nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Recently i was attempting to resize my HD using partition magic i did not backup prior During the process my computer lost power Upon rebooting i receive the following blue screen error message a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to our computer if this is blue = partition resize loss during magic screen power the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer if this screen appears again power loss during partition magic resize = blue screen follow these steps disable or uninstall any anti-virus disk defragmentatio or backu utils check your HD config and check for any updated drivers run CHKDSK F to check for HD corruption and then restart your computer technical info STOP x x x a xc x After receiving the error msg i restarted and received the same error I have valuable informaton on the HD that i can not do without Knowing that i still tried to reboot with the dell recovery cd and i again receive the following blue screen STOP x e xc xf e f xf da xf d f pci sys - address f e bf base at f datestamp c bfadb I was reading that the pci sys error has something to do with service pack If i spstream the SP into the recovery cd i could possibly get around such a msg However i would rather avoid such a procedure as i do not think it would provide a solution I have tried to boot with the quot last known good configuraton quot debug mode all with the same results I performed all possible HD tests within the system settings and the included dell utilities receiving a quot pass quot from each I removed the HD and booted the PC with only the windows cd from the ide cd dvd drive all yielding the same results Here are my comp specs Dell dimension ghz gb ram gb MAXTOR L S PORT SATA- WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION anyhelp would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I had a power loss while installing a windows update about two months ago. Ever since then my system will hang either on logging off or shutting down.
I have tried making a new user (No Help)
it hangs in safe mode also.
I also do not have a list of prior updates in control panel since this problem.
The system works fine other than that.

System is DELL studio xpx 1640 x64
win 7 home premium

thanks in advance...

A:System hangs on shut down after power loss during update installation

Quote: Originally Posted by TTRON

I had a power loss while installing a windows update about two months ago. Ever since then my system will hang either on logging off or shutting down.
I have tried making a new user (No Help)
it hangs in safe mode also.
I also do not have a list of prior updates in control panel since this problem.
The system works fine other than that.

System is DELL studio xpx 1640 x64
win 7 home premium

thanks in advance...

TTron,
Welcome to SevenForums.

To better help us to better help you, please:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use SIW or Speccy or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
?system manufacturer? block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/187291-system-hangs-shut-down-after-power-loss-during-update-installation.html
Relevancy 48.59%

First of all Im pretty tech savy so you can talk to me in technical terms Ive repaired countless computers for many people and I never or Instant Power of Adapter Battery Not Laptop. Crash. Loss on AC came across anything like this This is the problem Sometimes when I move my laptop or even type there is a complete loss of power Everything completely shuts off It happens whether my laptop is plugged in the AC adapter or not I bought a new battery just in case it was that and its still happening even with the new battery Event Viewer System logs tell me nothing except that is recovered from an unexpected shutdown I suspected that maybe there was something loose inside so I took the laptop completely apart and put it back together still im getting the same loss of power Now Loss of Power on Laptop. Instant Crash. Not Battery or AC Adapter here's a hint that can possible be causing this When I get this loss of power I cant turn back on my computer unless I unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery for a few seconds and put it back in Any idea's guys Ive searched the web and havent found much on this issue nor a resolution so if we do find a solution bleepingcomputer com might be one of the first to figure it out If need be give me a better suggestion for the title of this thread so it can be searched for easier Thanks in advance guys lets see if we can figure this out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591015/loss-of-power-on-laptop-instant-crash-not-battery-or-ac-adapter/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was using my computer suddenly power supply went,,,when i started again my computer it gave me an error" windows needs Startup repair",, after "windows starting logo" i could see only Black/Blue Screen with mouse pointer can move on it...
I tried to repair by windows 7 DVD...but after inserting DVD...an option come "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" then i pressed anykey then a message "windows loading files" appeared ,,, then
"windows starting " logo appeared....then after that i can see only black screen with mouse pointer.
even i am unable to install a new copy of window beacuse it is unable to boot..
i saw settings in boot menu and all are set to default.

A:Statup Error Due to power loss,unable to boot from CD/DVD, Black Scree

Quote: Originally Posted by Falak

I was using my computer suddenly power supply went,,,when i started again my computer it gave me an error" windows needs Startup repair",, after "windows starting logo" i could see only Black/Blue Screen with mouse pointer can move on it...
I tried to repair by windows 7 DVD...but after inserting DVD...an option come "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" then i pressed anykey then a message "windows loading files" appeared ,,, then
"windows starting " logo appeared....then after that i can see only black screen with mouse pointer.
even i am unable to install a new copy of window beacuse it is unable to boot..
i saw settings in boot menu and all are set to default.

Hi Falak and welcome to Seven Forums.

did you try to boot into safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285609-statup-error-due-power-loss-unable-boot-cd-dvd-black-scree.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Code is 51908034

A:Power on reset

Alex. Check your other post. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-on-reset/td-p/5633900