Windows Support Forum

Solved: Where do i plug the data sata?

Q: Solved: Where do i plug the data sata?

Hi I m trying to fix my computer because my boyfriend took out Solved: do sata? i plug the data Where the graphics card a while back also taking out multiple cables so he could get it out but now he doesn t know where they go I can plug Solved: Where do i plug the data sata? the graphics card in no problem but i m struggling with this cable http www gttkc Solved: Where do i plug the data sata? com shop images sata-data- deg jpg Its got data SATA written on it by the person who put the pc together One end is plugged into the motherboard the other end i have no idea where it goes Theres another identical cable plugged into the motherboard he s written master boot SATA on it and that is plugged into the hard drive maxtor diamondmax I have looked and looked but i can t find where it goes Sorry if this is a really stupid question but i don t really know what i m doing with computers i just get by with improv and common sense Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Where do i plug the data sata?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I need some help direction or advice Earlier this year a virus crashed my computer If possible I want to try recovering data from hard drives that were configured in a sata raid Since the crash I have installed a new ATA Maxtor GB hard drive and have XP installed again I have installed the SATA DRIVES and they are recognized in the BIOS They don t show up in my computer When I open VIA Raid tool they are there and shown as operating normal but not in any array I don t know if I should try to create a new array or how to proceed and not damage any data if any is still available Any guidance and help Recovery Solved: RAID Data 0 SATA from is greatly appreciated Operating system XP Mother Board ECS P M PRO-M Processor Intel Pentium socket GHz MHz FSB MB Solved: Data Recovery from SATA RAID 0 L Cache Using onboard sound Video e-GeForce LE Hard Drive GB ATA Maxtor set as Master IDE Hard Drives - GB SATA Seagate Baracuda DVD Drive Sony R W set as Master IDE Memory Corsair GB - modules MHZ nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a 750Gb hhd with thousands of hours of tv shows on it. well i can't get vista to recognize it in explorer. Disk mngt will recognize it and I don't want to format it without pulling that data off first. How do i get the data off in order to format the drive???

A:Solved: getting data from an unformatted sata drive

Is the disk one that was originally installed with your current OS or onethat was pulled from another system? Is it an internal drive being used as in ainternal, iternal as external, external as internal, or whichever?
Does it have an OS on it, ot just data? If you can give a bit more info will help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-data-from-an-unformatted-sata-drive.800293/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a blue data SATA cable coming off my main board/motherboard. On the non-motherboard end of the cable it the regular data connection that goes to the hard drive. On this particular cable, next to the hard drive female connector is a male tab. The male tab is rectangular in shape with approximate dimensions of 1/4 inch wide by 1/8 inch thick. The tab is slightly longer in length than the hard drive female connector. Where do I plug this connector in? It appears my hard drives do not have a rectangular female hole in the back of the hard drive to receive this 1/4 by 1/8th inch tab. I have not found any pictures of this kind of connector. To make this blue SATA cable work, it would appear I would have to cut of the 1/4 inch by 18th inch plastic male extension.

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replies.

A:Solved: SATA Data Cable With Rectangular Male Tab??

OK, this cable was designed to go with only on drive, a Seagate. Since I could not use the cable with any other drive, I cut off the rectangular extension. Now I can use the cable with other brands of drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-data-cable-with-rectangular-male-tab.1078004/
Relevancy 56.76%

One of my computers is configured with four SATA non-RAID drives I ve used this setup for about a year The other day I noticed that one of the drives main backup was missing all of its data The drive still shows up in Disk Management as D quot healthy as well as in Windows Explorer However a right-click quot Properties Local Disk PropertIes quot check shows the drive as having zero bytes an indication that there is no data on it Additionally a direct click on the drive letter initiates quot The disk in drive D is not formatted quot etc This has caught me completely by surprise as the drive showed no early warning signs of impending failure at all BTW the drive is a WD MB Could it be that the data on the drive is now kaput I hesitate to deploy some of the many software data-recovery methods I currently have because of creating irreversible data-lost condition Experience tells me that I may be screwed already choke If anyone has experienced this problem or know of a possible solution please feel free to chime in Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Internal SATA Hard Drive Data Has Vanished!

Sudden death of a drive is not an impossible thought, and would be my first bet. Sounds like the file system got the first bit of damage, as it's not a case of slowly deteriorating to a corrupted, useless state... In other words, it's not completely dead, but what's dead in it makes all the other healthy parts useless.
Just my thoughts, can't know for sure...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internal-sata-hard-drive-data-has-vanished.893384/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone.

On my motherboard there are 4 what I think are sata plugs. They have the L shaped bit in the middle but no outside oval part (the plastic part) Are these the old type of SATA or are these the new sata but just different.

Any help would be great.
Thank you

Jack-O-Bytes

Relevancy 55.9%

I am wondering if I can access files on a SATA or IDE hard drive installed in a desktop computer with no other hard drive installed. Meaning, the drive I am trying to access isn't configured with drivers for the desktop's other hardware or motherboard. There is no other drive installed in the desktop. I was wanting to know if I could use a boot CD (Hiren's or Linux) to use as way to access files, pics, etc. and transfer it to a usb flash drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Can I access data from a SATA or IDE hard drive on a system it's not configur

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-access-data-from-a-sata-or-ide-hard-drive-on-a-system-its-not-configur.1103977/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi all, i recently broken the top off one of the plug comnig from my psu, dont ask me how because i seriously just don know what went on but anyway. i was wonering if i could replace that one broken plug with a ne one? or maybe even just fix the current one?

A:broken sata plug

Probably the best (easiest) way would be get a SATA power connector that has the wires on it. Cut off the wires of the broken plug and splice (solder) the wires from the new plug (make sure you connect the wires correctly) to the wires from the power supply for the broken plug. Be sure to properly insulate each of the spliced connections.

I don't know if you can buy a connector with wires, but you can get a PATA (IDE) power connector to SATA adapter and use the wires and SATA connector from that. '

Here is an adapter listed on e-bay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-IDE-Mole...item2c65d55ab9

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309293-broken-sata-plug.html
Relevancy 55.9%

while spring cleaning my computer I noticed one sata hd was missing the curved part on the power plug.
is it still safe to use the drive ?

A:SATA plug damaged

I don't understand what the "curved part" is, but if the drive still powers up and is seen, all is ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-plug-damaged.125625/
Relevancy 55.47%

I boot XP SP1 from SATA1 (ST3160827AS-RK 160GB Seagate). I connected another sata drive (6Y160MO 160GB Maxtor ) from my old PC to SATA2. SATA controller resides on VIA chip on mobo ASUS A8V-E Deluxe. I want to copy data from the old drive (SATA2 - partitioned into c:,d:,e: on an old XP system with XP installed on c to the new one (SATA1). BIOS and Device Manager see both drives. My Computer and Disk Manager do not see the cecond drive. Is there a way to access the second disk ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-copy-data-from-old-sata-to-a-new-system-sata.29595/
Relevancy 55.47%

Can I arbitrarily plug in and out SATA cables (coming from DVD and (external) hard disc) into and from SATA slots on the motherboard?

or does this cause hardware damages?

Are thesDVD and external hard discs detected automatically by Win7
or do I have to click somewhere "refresh" ?

Peter

A:Can hot-plug-in and out SATA cables from mobo during run?

Quote: Originally Posted by pstein

Can I arbitrarily plug in and out SATA cables (coming from DVD and (external) hard disc) into and from SATA slots on the motherboard?

or does this cause hardware damages?

Are thesDVD and external hard discs detected automatically by Win7
or do I have to click somewhere "refresh" ?

Peter

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum

The answer I will give you is that the drive and PC must support hot plugging, You need to select AHCI in the BIOS and the drive must have a SATA power cable (as opposed to the old four pin molex connectors that were used by some of the early SATA drives.)

I have never heard of hot plugging a DVD drive.

So how do you know if I can do it of not? easy answer read the next paragraph

To disconnect a Serial ATA hard drive from the computer when the computer is running, you must first use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the system tray to dismount the drive from the Operating System. If the Serial ATA hard drive is not listed under the "Safely Remove Hardware" function, the motherboard or Serial ATA controller does not support hot plugging and the computer should be shut down and powered off before disconnecting the hard drive.

Except for external SATA my personal opinion is not to do it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156517-can-hot-plug-out-sata-cables-mobo-during-run.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I replaced a failed HP PSU 03057F3R with a "compatible" PSU from a supplier. There are 5 wires attached to the sata power plug for the failed PSU, but only 4 wires attached to the sata power plug for the compatible PSU. One of the 5 wires of the failed PSU is not connected to the molex plug but directly to the circuit board of the PSU.

The PC works fine with the compatible PSU and the hard drive seems to work fine with the 4-wire sata power plug which used to be connected to a 5-wire sata power plug. Should I be concerned that the use of the 4-wire sata plug will pose a safety or data problem for me?

Relevancy 55.47%

Can I plug in the power cable to a sata drive (already connected to sata port on mobo), while the computer is on.

With that drive connected Windows will not boot (I never have had a problem with the drive before, even when installing windows). If I remember right, a few years ago, I moved the pagefile to that drive, and it also had a boot.ini file on it (for some reason) I wonder if that is the problem (never until now), because when that drive is installed windows hangs at starting windows.

A:Plug in a sata power cable

If the SATA controller is set to AHCI mode, and the SATA port the drive is on is set to allow "hot-swap", then yes you could. If not, then no you can't.

You should post a screenshot of your Disk Management window with the problem drive connected. Expand the window so everything can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351383-plug-sata-power-cable.html
Relevancy 55.47%

While the computer is on, can I unplug an SATA drive and plug in a new one? Is this safe, or just plain stupid? Should I always turn off the computer before adding/removing a hard drive?

Win XP Pro.

A:SATA Drives Plug & Play?

Some raid cards [highpoint I know] support hot-swapping on SOME of their cards. DO NOT do this on something that you are not sure supports hot-swapping. Basically the connectors must be designed so that the last connection to break is the ground; all power is removed before the ground connection is broken. USBs are designed this way.

Again do not do this unless you know the device supports hot-swapping.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-drives-plug-play.364879/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have an Asrock k nf -raid motherboard amp sata hard drives is internal with windows xp installed this one works fine The second hd is in a removable rack This drive works fine until I remove it using plug?) hard (hot Sata Drive quot safely remove hardware quot If the drive is removed in this way whether it is re-plugged when the pc is on or off it is not recognised by the operating system or the bios The only way to get this drive to work again is to cold boot the pc a few times until the drive is eventually Sata hard Drive (hot plug?) detected even then windows tends to freeze when the drive is accessed After the next few boots windows stabilizes amp everything then runs ok In the mobo manual it Sata hard Drive (hot plug?) does say that the mobo does not support sata hot plugging I but if this is so then why do I get the option to quot safely remove quot this drive and if I cannot use this drive in this way then why does all the above happen surely the drive should be recognised on the next boot I also believe that nf chipsets do not support hotplug but nf amp do So again why does this drive show up in the safely remove hardware group I have tried new cables Swapped the rack for one out of another pc amp tried a different hd always with the same results Has anyone any idea why this keeps happening Thanks for any replies Rob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-hard-drive-hot-plug.663422/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am not sure:

Can I plug-in (and -out) a SATA cable (to hard disc) from (ASUS) motherboard slot when computer is running?

Or will this cause a damage to hardware?

Peter

A:Can I plug-in SATA cable when computer is running?

If your sata controllers are in AHCI mode. It's called 'hot plugging'. Although I only do it if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193327-can-i-plug-sata-cable-when-computer-running.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I like my Phoenix st a lot but I do have to move over a couple of data drives from my nbsp old system so I need to plug in two more SATA cables nbsp Unfortunately there seems to be no way for a human being to actually reach the open SATA ports on the MB mainly due to the HUGE mounting bracket for the Nvidia card that is directly in front of Phoenix to plug 860st How SATA - cables? new in the SATA ports nbsp Does anyone nbsp know of nbsp a sophisticated gripping tool that could be used to work around all that metal to actually grip and push in the SATA cables nbsp I can sort-of wiggle the cables nbsp into more-or-less the right position but there seems to Phoenix 860st - How to plug in new SATA cables? be nbsp no way to get any leverage at all literally no room for fingers to push them into any of the open SATA slots nbsp Medical forceps maybe nbsp Or Plan B instructions to SAFELY detach and re-attach nbsp the video card bracket to reach the SATA ports nbsp Or Plan C instructions to SAFELY nbsp detach and re-attach the top cover of the machine to reach the top of the MB where the SATA ports are located nbsp TIA nbsp for any help or advice you can provide nbsp Peter

A:Phoenix 860st - How to plug in new SATA cables?

What is the complete product name or product number? I am unable to find any technical information on your PC as you have identified it.  Please take a digital photo so I can see what you are talking about. Nevermind. I found an image on Computershopper.http://www.computershopper.com/desktops/reviews/hp-envy-phoenix-860st Now I see exactly what you mean.   You will have to remove that top bracket in order to access the SATA ports. The image at computer shopper shows a couple of philips screws. That shouldn't be difficult. The function of the bracket appears to be a way of cleaning up the case cabling and wiring. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Phoenix-860st-How-to-plug-in-new-SATA-cables/td-p/5691913
Relevancy 54.61%

The other night I started my PC up I got Hard disk failure.

I've tried One of the Two sata drives in another computer and it works.
I've tried the Sata to motherboard plug in another computer that works.

I plugged everything back in my computer and when I booted it didn't work not even Cdrom, I then changed the plugs from motherboard to Harddrive and cdrom around and got one Hard drive coming up.

I'm unsure what to do next it doesn't seem to like me at all, this computer is barley many months old. Please help if you've any idea.

A:SATA Plug Issue with Gigabyte Motherboard

talk to Gigabyte about a RMA. that should cover this. I do not have there e-mail but u can get it on there site if u look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-plug-issue-with-gigabyte-motherboard.109927/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My motherboard doesn't have any PCI slots - only a PCI-E port the one we normally plug graphics cards into That slot is free now - I use the built-in graphics As you see there are only two SATA connectors on this board which is painfully few So I thought maybe I could put a SATA card into that PCI-E plug so I would have SATA ports then two onboard and two on the card That card is old but still working fine Silicone SATA RAID Would I be able to use it for booting or for a DVD drive O Maybe both Is it like plug the a Can port SATA Graphics Card PCI I into PCI-E a traditional SATA Controller or are there any limitations compared to the onboard plugs I never tried using it for either a DVD drive nor for a boot drive only for secondary data disks That did the job fine though in a vanilla standard PCI slot Never tried putting it into a graphics card slot but seems like that's my only option here Oh Can I plug a PCI SATA Card into the PCI-E Graphics port and the type is MSI AM i if you want to look it up I'll include a photo here The PCI-e Graphicsport in question is on the bottom in the picture EDIT Oh looking at the picture There is a beeper on the top left sticked to the bottom of one of the rear connector boxes It is connected to the board but it never sounds I want it to make that Can I plug a PCI SATA Card into the PCI-E Graphics port beep on boot POST chime How do I enable that There doesn't seem to be a BIOS setting for that CLICK HERE for official specs Can I plug a PCI SATA Card into the PCI-E Graphics port

A:Can I plug a PCI SATA Card into the PCI-E Graphics port

Physically, it will fit (the bottom slot is PCI-e, not PCI, btw). The problem is how many lanes will it support. I looked at the specs and they are ambiguous at best. You should be able to get a card to give you more SATA ports but you may not get full speed unless that slot has more than one lane. Also, make sure the card uses one lane per SATA port. There are a lot of cards that have two or more SATA ports but run off only one PCI-e lane (I'd like to shoot the eejits that design and sell those abominations). I doubt you will be able to boot off of a card (some cards allow it but require that the MOBO will support it, which they often do not).

Edit: I found the card on Newegg and their description is better than MSI's. The slot physically is x16 long but, electrically, it has only x4 lanes. That will support up to four more SATA ports as long as the card uses the same number of lanes.

This card may work for you. The most common negative review is on the difficulty of getting drivers to work. Read the reviews for tips on it. Also, you might get lucky and Win 7 will already have the driver you need (that was what happened when I installed my LSI 9211-8i).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/375086-can-i-plug-pci-sata-card-into-pci-e-graphics-port.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi.

bought a couple of groovy icybox external caddies for two sata hard drives a while back. the caddies can connect by usb or sata. as i'm running out of usb ports now i'd like to use the sata connectors.
when connecting by sata, can i make the drives plug n play?
thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-external-sata-drives-plug-n-play.588783/
Relevancy 54.18%

Usually when we plug in a SATA drive it will show up in explorer but it doesn't now after I install Windows 10 (clean install). It work well when I'm on Win 7.

I've check the BIOS it indicate all ports AHCI an I never change anything since Win 7. So what could be the problem? As I swap drives often this feature really important for me, please help. Thanks.

A:Hot plug SATA HDD or DVD drive doesn't shows or not detected

You may use "Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager.

Hot plug still works in Windows 10 but sometimes with an unknown interference, it won't detect the swapping.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36647-hot-plug-sata-hdd-dvd-drive-doesnt-shows-not-detected.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am setting up a new system with the following:
M5A97 LE 2.0 Asus MB
AMD 4130 processor
Sandisk SSD 120 for OS
1 TB WD SATA 2
NVIDIA 210 Graphic

System is for general use. NOT GAMING

Will I lose much by using a SATA 2 HD rather than a SATA 3? My thinking is that it should not make much difference.

Also wondering if upgrade to 6 core would make that much difference.

Finally, I assume these days using a RAID for data is not preferable to simply backing up externally.

A:New Setup. SSD, SATA 3 for OS and HD, SATA 2 for data

Well SATA 2 hard drives have older technology and fabrication than the new SATA 3 for what ever that's worth. Multi core processors work better for programs that are written to use them.
Yea external hard drives are holding up to 5 TB now days with very fast reads and writes. if your worried run 2 as I do one internal and 1 external for back up only, my actual data is on a 1TB WD Black.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66193-new-setup-ssd-sata-3-os-hd-sata-2-data.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Does it have the same power plug and sata port as a 3.5 inch sata drive?
I think it is a laptop sata drive.
Will a sata II controller work if the drive is a sata I drive?

A:1.8 inch laptop sata hard drive will it plug and play in a desktop pc?

Answers to all three are YES.

IF the drive is Sata 1 and the controller is rated to Sata 2, the drive will still work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324716-1-8-inch-laptop-sata-hard-drive-will-plug-play-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an almost fresh install of xp on my desktop and want to avoid cluttering the hard drive with stuff to slow it down. One of the things I have noticed is that media players seem to reproduce like rabbits...media player comes with windows...then some website will say that it can't live without having real player installed...and then another one...my favorite is VLC...and of course, itunes....

I noticed that there is a plug-in to make Firefox work with VLC I think there are also other plug-ins for other media players as well. What exactly do these things do? If I have the plug-in do I have to install the software? Do they improve the ease of use of the media player? the quality of the sound? do they reduce the cpu load?

A:[SOLVED] Plug it in, plug it in...and media players

Media plugins allow the browser to play audio and video files in different formats on websites.

They are not all in use at the same time (just called on when needed by a website's embedded media player), so they don't slow down your computer or fill up your hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-plug-it-in-plug-it-in-and-media-players-445171.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm trying to transfer data from my old pc to my new laptop using USB 2.0 cable, A male to A male, but when connected neither computer detected each other...
Anyone know where i can probably download a driver or another method of transferring data from one pc to another?
thanks, any help appreciated

A:Transferring data pc-to-pc, plug-n-play doesnt work

You might well have damaged your usb ports by doing that, you need a proper usb transfer cable to do the job properly, see link
http://www.cwol.com/usb/usb-2-usb-data-link-file-transfer-cable-uc250.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-data-pc-to-pc-plug-n-play-doesnt-work.479454/
Relevancy 51.6%

My daughters HP laptop power plug is fried and can't get power to turn on. I would like to get her music and pictures off of the hard drive and put on my Apple laptop. How can I transfer this information without putting the hard drive in another computer? I'm new to site and novice at computer repair but would like to do this myself, if possible. Thanks.

A:Power plug fried - how do I get hard drive data?

If you are unwilling to remove the hard drive, you will have to get power to the laptop somehow. What do you mean by '...power plug is fried...'? Is it the socket in the laptop that got fried or is it the external power cord/power supply? Do you know someone who has access to an identical machine that you could use the power cord from and/or get your battery charged on their laptop so that you could run the laptop long enough to get the files off?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-plug-fried-how-do-i-get-hard-drive-data.77353/
Relevancy 51.6%

I plug data cord into the SATA 2 slot. When I turned on the computer the drive sshowed up that it was only 746.39GB.  Does my mother board model MS-7613 (lona-GL8E) support a 3TB Sata HD. I'm just wanting to use the drive as storage. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-install-a-3TB-Segate-HD-in-my-expansion-slot-Plug-data/td-p/5797527
Relevancy 50.74%

Cisco reported in a blog post from its Security Intelligence and Research arm that two major flaws have been discovered in 7-Zip that have ramifications for antivirus and security products.
First is CVE-2016-2335, a flaw whereby 7-Zip doesn't check whether a partition is 'out of bounds' when reading Universal Disk Format files, which, if misused, could allow crims to execute remote code.
"Both of these 7-Zip vulnerabilities resulted from flawed input validation. Because data can come from a potentially untrusted source, data input validation is of critical importance to all applications’ security.
"Talos has worked with 7-Zip to responsibly disclose, and then patch, these vulnerabilities. Users are urged to update their vulnerable versions of 7-Zip to the latest revision, version 16.00, as soon as possible."

Article

A:7-Zip vulnerabilities prompt security scramble to plug data leaks

UDF and heap overflow... wow. Surprised they didn't sanitize their data properly till just now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613912/7-zip-vulnerabilities-prompt-security-scramble-to-plug-data-leaks/
Relevancy 48.59%

HD Tune: SAMSUNG HD080HJ/P Health

ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status
(01) Raw Read Error Rate 100 99 51 0 Ok
(03) Spin Up Time 100 100 25 4288 Ok
(04) Start/Stop Count 94 94 0 6281 Ok
(05) Reallocated Sector Count 253 253 10 0 Ok
(07) Seek Error Rate 253 253 0 0 Ok
(08) Seek Time Performance 253 253 0 0 Ok
(09) Power On Hours Count 100 100 0 13212 Ok
(0A) Spin Retry Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(0B) Calibration Retry Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(0C) Power Cycle Count 97 97 0 3431 Ok
(BE) Airflow Temperature 115 37 0 41 Ok
(C2) Temperature 115 37 0 41 Ok
(C3) Hardware ECC Recovered 100 100 0 108230 Ok
(C4) Reallocated Event Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C5) Current Pending Sector 100 100 0 1 Ok
(C6) Offline Uncorrectable 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 200 198 0 1189 Ok
(C8) Write Error Rate 100 100 0 0 Ok
(C9) TA Counter Detected 253 100 0 0 Ok
(CA) TA Counter Increased 95 95 0 1770 Ok

Power On Time : 13212
Health Status : Ok

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey There is there anybody that has the expertise to configure a gig Western digital SATA on a Win Ultimate bit as an Data Drive I took out the gig IDE that was on the Data end and replaced it so my wife would have more Gig space to a 7 to for to How SATA configure data. win download more movies and handle extra information I went to the BIOS and checked to see if How to configure a SATA to win 7 for data. it was activated I went to the Device Manager to see if the PC was reading it and it is it says that it'a working properly but the My Computer wont read it I'd like to find out how to configure this How to configure a SATA to win 7 for data. device so that you can use it I have a IDE on my main drive and wanted to use a SATA on the data drive since it's more reliable somebodys help would be appreciated And on the XP theres a area to go to reformat the disk on Win I know theres an area you can go to to reformat your hard drive so the computer will read it when you go to my computer will I have to reformat the Sata to NTFS like the rest of the drive's on the PC I need to learn how to do this because eventually PATA and IDE's will be outdated so got to get with the program Manbreed AW

A:How to configure a SATA to win 7 for data.

Hi,

Click the Start Orb then right-click Computer and select 'Manage'. Click Disk Management and you may be faced with a 320GB partition showing as 'Unallocated Space'. If so then just right click the Unallocated Space then select 'New Simple Volume'. This will create the new drive and format it so it's usable by Windows.
OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147074-how-configure-sata-win-7-data.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi forum I have an OCZ GB SSD and TB Wesern Digital HD running on Win bit ultimate custom build The previous not so old previous sata Hd's being tb and tb I wont to add without losing any data that is on them I had terrible problems with Acronis software that came with the SSD and gave up on it as were unable to help me So purchased a new tb HD as a nd HD to get up and running However I now Have a tb HD formatted as had Win on it a free download - but not happy with it and went back to win - which keeps trying to give this back to me as an important update no mention at all it is a win permanent advert So as I now know this I don't download it but is easy to do so as mixed in with other important updates as is the intention and very sneaky Plus a TB HD also full with video photos etc Now I have installed these two drives not as a st boot of course - looked at Bios and changed boot sequence a few times st lised as UEFI But having not done this before I thought it would be simple- but so far not seen theses HD's in the Bios or shown on computer I understand I need to give them drive letter's i e V for video as Letters F G H I already used up as a portable device i e card reader It appears most help assume exactly Sata so 3/4th install I not do on with HD's How a old data it is to format How do I exactly install a 3/4th not so old Sata HD's with data on new HD's Which I How do I exactly install a 3/4th not so old Sata HD's with data on most definately How do I exactly install a 3/4th not so old Sata HD's with data on don't want on the tb as need data for my video editing software I recall putting important info onto the gb SSD from the TB HD and I think I formatted this one to get rid of win as was nowhere as secure as win probably why it was free assumption based on Bitdefender reports I know I can possibly use these as external HD's via extrnal USB But USB seems stupid I would like to use the remaing space and keep for storage- I recall the tb is actually full Sorry if this is a bit long dis-jointed Basically am trying to add these two drives without losing any data via disk management I'm sure im missing something silly in getting pc to recognise these drives etc Any one able to put me in the right place and or give an exact plan to follow Or at least get the tb HD up and running in system as this has important video data I use in conjunction with my editing software Many thanks for any help Robo

A:How do I exactly install a 3/4th not so old Sata HD's with data on

Just connect the drives to sata data and power, boot the system.

If you cannot see the drives in windows check the drive management and make sure they are assigned drive letters.

Once you can see the drives in windows go to properties at the root of each drive and give your current (admin) user full access, may need to take ownership, and make sure this is cascaded to all sub folders

If you have issues as one or more of the old drives are still marked active from the previous system installs you can correct this using Partition wizard

Once you are up and running it is probably a good idea to move the required data onto the new drive, temporarily and wipe and reformat the older drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394300-how-do-i-exactly-install-3-4th-not-so-old-sata-hds-data.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16296 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99 MB, Free - 62 MB; D: Total - 228834 MB, Free - 146706 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 70 MB; G: Total - 1497586 MB, Free - 1218407 MB; H: Total - 286064 MB, Free - 134942 MB; L: Total - 99 MB, Free - 70 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, Z68 Extreme4
Antivirus: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Just installed Corsair 240 gig Force gt sata 3 But per Intel Rapid Storage program the drive is only being accessed as sata 2. While quicker than my WD Raptor 300 it does not blow it away like I expected. . I am in ahci mode and have system restore disabled. So how do I get the ssd to operate in sata 3 mode?

Relevancy 48.16%

I am baffled at the fact that I can not, for the life of me, find anyone who sells or even produces a Y data cable for SATA HDs. I recently bought a new computer and I want to create a Master and Slave scenario with two different HDs so that I can throw Vista on one and XP on the other... just to keep the children from fighting in the back seat Does anyone know where I could find one? I've looked at all of my local retailers as well as just googled it... nothing. Everyone has the Y power cable, but no Y data cable... I would kind of expect this cable to be in existance like it does for IDE hard drives... meh.

A:Two SATA HDs - Y Data Cable

Uh, I've personally never seen one - why would you need it? Most motherboards come with plenty of SATA ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-sata-hds-y-data-cable.70971/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ive got everything hooked up. I can hear the hard drive spinning, but the laptop its connected to isnt showing it anywhere. The kit I used is this one -
http://www.amazon.com/USB-2-0-SATA-...CGVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335873712&sr=8-1. It came with a small cd & I put it on the laptop but when do I use it? When I plug the USB cable in nothing happens. When I go to My Computer it just shows my C:/ & D:/ drive. Its not showing that anything else is connected. Do I have to manually run the cd while everything is plugged in? Thanks

A:Recovering data w/ SATA/IDE to USB....? help

I have a similar kit that came with out any kind of cd and it works just fine without it.Try plugging it in again into the computer and dont use the cd and it should work.It should say found new hardware etc, then you should see autoplay, then it will ask you what you want to dpen the file, take no action, etc.On my computers it shows up as an E drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-data-w-sata-ide-to-usb-help.1051530/
Relevancy 48.16%

i'm going abroad for a while with my laptop. i can't take my desktop pc, but i can take the hard drive which has 1.5 TB of data on it. my laptop top hard drive is only 750GB big so i bought a USB 3.0 to SATA cable so that i can you my hard drive when i'm away i plug my hard drive into my laptop it is on and you can hear it and in the bottom corner on my laptop screen it said installed new drive software but my hard drive is not show up on my laptop i have taken some picture as you can see below so how do i get it to show up on my laptop please help me i have 1 month untill i leave thanks jake

A:need help with data transfer via SATA to USB

With the drive connected, if you go to Disk Management, does it show up there?
Start > type: "Computer Management" in the search box > Disk Management

Does this drive contain an operating system?

BTW: where did you get that hard drive case? That's great! I want one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/312112-need-help-data-transfer-via-sata-usb.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Either my MoBo is fried, or my PSU is fried, but to cut a long story short, my PC won't turn on and I need to get my hard drive's data out....I know there are a whole load of threads explaining this, but there seems to be something strange with my HDD...It doesn't appear to have a Slave socket

Is this something to do with it being a SATA drive? All that was connected to it when i opened the case was a power cable from the PSU that said "P9" on it, and a red cable that connected to the motherboard.

So, how can i retrieve my data?

Thanks

A:Transferring my SATA HDD Data

My hard drive is a Samsung SP1614C btw.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-my-sata-hdd-data.725620/
Relevancy 48.16%

ok, recently my PC MOBO died. The hard drives are ok. I have 2 IDE and one SATA(OS is on here).

I am building a new rig, but need to get someimportant docs off the sata before I reformat it.

is there an easy way to do this so I sont lose everything.

I was thinking of installing xp to the IDE and booting from that IDE. If I do this, even though the sata has xp on it as well, can I boot to the IDE jsut to view the sata and grab teh files I need off of it?

Please let me knoe as these files are very important.

Thanks

A:Getting data off a sata dfrive

I also have another question. Can I use a sata 1 drive(western digital raptor) in a sata 2 port? Are they backwards compatible?

Also. I am planning on getting 2 Geforce 7800GT SLI. I have a 630watt power supply. Will this PSU be enough to power both cards for the max sli experience?

Thanks again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-data-off-a-sata-dfrive.45397/
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to get a new hard drive, prefrebly a SATA one. At the moment i have a IDE hitachi hard drive 40GB, i want move all the stored information on that hard drive to a SATA one including windows and all the drivers that are on that hard drive.

Can it be done? Im running windows XP with a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard. Ask me for any more details needed.

Relevancy 48.16%

Is there a way I could possibly fix this hdd that i accidentally broke a month ago and had to replace with a 500gb. I really want to be able to use it as a back up drive and retrieve my files from my 1tb HDD.The pins are all still there just the plastic L broke off when I was removing the sata cord and it got stuck inside it Sorry for bad picture quality, it's because i'm using a ipod touch to take pictures and it isn't the best quality but it's what I got with me atm to take pics.

A:Broken HDD sata data tip possible fix?

Hi there

Depends on what those pins do -- pins aren't always connected. I have a feeling however on this one -- it's REALLY Broken. !!!

I assume it currently doesn't work in its present condition.

You might by disassembling the main assemble find that the end connector is just soldered into a bunch of wires rather than being directly connected to a printed circuit board.

Remember also the colour layout when re-assembling. Easily forgotten when doing other tasks.

If this is the case scrounge a new connector from somewhere or "Cannabalize" an old disk to get the connector on.

Good luck with your soldering -- I probably haven't used an "iron" in about 20 years !!!!. I still have one though.

If the actual DISK itself still has all its pins intact you could also try an external SATA disk enclosure. This might operate (with its own power supply) as a USB external drive.

Loads of SATA type enclosures for external drives -- all quite cheap. Any computer parts store should have these.

(Your pic doesn't show clearly what's broken -- If all the pins on the Disk are OK you are back in business).

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227258-broken-hdd-sata-data-tip-possible-fix.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hello peeps, I have done a fairly Exhaustive google search for a 8 inch sata data cable abd all I can come up with is a 8" UV Blue. can anyone else find me a 8" UV orange sata or even a plain black one would be fine, but it has to be 8". Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-data-cables.368135/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi!

I am in the process of trying to recover data from a SATA drive. Ultimately I would like it to be a temporary Slave drive so that I can get the data.

OS is XP Pro and System has IDE Master & Slave already.

During boot the SATA drive is detected however then a RAID menu comes up to create RAID.

Since I would like to preserve the data on the drive, I am reluctant to set up RAID. I really do not want to do that.

Any guidance is Appreciated!!
THX!

A:Recover data from SATA hd

In your BIOS there should be a place to turn RAID off for sata drives, then you'll be able to use it as a single drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recover-data-from-sata-hd.70473/
Relevancy 47.73%

I currently have a 120GB, 7200RPM Western Digital HD. Nothing wrong with it, but I want to add an SATA drive to my system, my new mobo has the connectors.

I recently purchased a digital camcorder, so I'm getting into video editing and will need the extra space.

My question is, should I go for a smaller SATA drive and set it as the boot HD, or should I buy a bigger one to use as the data drive? I won't be doing video editing most of the time, so I want the configuration that will give the the best overall performance.

Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 47.73%

Ah, lovely. The L-shaped piece of the data connection to my WD 3TB drive has ceased to exist. I got into my case today and the SATA cable came running up to greet me as it had freed itself from the constant bondage of ferrying media from the drive to whoever wanted it. Needless to say this is not what I wanted to discover.

So. How can I fix this thing? I do not have another WD Red 3TB to pull the controller card from, and I do not solder. All the pins are there and intact.

A:Broken SATA data connector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotter

Ah, lovely. The L-shaped piece of the data connection to my WD 3TB drive has ceased to exist. I got into my case today and the SATA cable came running up to greet me as it had freed itself from the constant bondage of ferrying media from the drive to whoever wanted it. Needless to say this is not what I wanted to discover.

So. How can I fix this thing? I do not have another WD Red 3TB to pull the controller card from, and I do not solder. All the pins are there and intact.

If I'm understanding, it's just the sata cable? Replace with new one, you can buy a bunch from eBay..

If the controller is damaged as well then I couldn't suggest how to fix that..

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/broken-sata-data-connector-276813/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a 500g Western Digital drive which has been removed from an otherwise dead NAS device. When I connect the drive to my computer (W7 64bit) it is detected in management but not in My Computer, so as such it is not allocated a drive letter and I cannot simply open it up and browse the files in explorer.

I have used EASUS Data Recovery and it has recovered all of the files, however this method loses all of the file names and organisation. These are 30,000+ files that I don't really fancy reorganising from scratch.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there some way to make the drive readable as is?

A:Recovering data with formatting, SATA HDD from NAS

Check the permissions of the drive and take ownership:

1. Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Under Group or user names, click your name to see the permissions you have.

To take ownership of a drive:

1. Right-click the drive (in Computer) that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
3. Click Edit. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to (you)
5. Select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
6. Click OK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-data-with-formatting-sata-hdd-from-nas.165232/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently my old Win Pro OS IDE driven computer crashed black screen-no nothing but How fat32 my data do drive? my I onto get SATA the Drives and cooling fans still spun so I got a new E-Machines ET - Windows at Best Buy I naively figured I could take the two HDD's from the old machine and put them on the new one in parallel with the drive it came with so I would be able to access my old data I have program on those drives going back to the days of DOS that I still use believe it or not in my everyday work So what happened was Windows How do I get my fat32 data onto my SATA drive? could see there was something in E but How do I get my fat32 data onto my SATA drive? when I clicked on E a Win error How do I get my fat32 data onto my SATA drive? message appeared saying the drive was corrupted or had an unrecognized file system Then it says if I want to use the new drive I'll have to format it Of course I declined that option Jeez pressing the wrong mouse click and I would loose everything A buddy of mine said I had to get a Vantec SATA IDE to USB adapter and load the data by means of USB So I got that and hooked it up but basically there's the same error code It sees E is there but it doesn't recognize the file system and suggests I format the disk Other of my friends who are supposed to be knowledgeable lead me to believe that the problem is the file system on my old drive is fat and win only understands NTSF So researching this I found a site that told me to go into DOS command mode run convert from win to convert my fat files on the old drive to NTSF I tried that but a dos error message appeared saying it could not convert files on a raw drive In other words it recognizes nothing on the old drive but rather suggests that the drive was raw it was about full on the old system So I'm stuck Can anyone help Also I was wondering if there is any possible way after this problem is solved can I get my new computer to read a floppy drive I know floppies are supposed to be ancient history but I have an old Toshiba Notebook that has no USB port but I use the floppy from the toshiba to feed my desktop machine I mentioned this to my computer expert friend who told me I needed the vantec adapter and he said forget it Am I screwed on that or what Hope someone can help Thanks Jim

A:How do I get my fat32 data onto my SATA drive?

Sound like your HD shot.

Floppy, you can buy USB floppy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/82293-how-do-i-get-my-fat32-data-onto-my-sata-drive.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got some new SATA data cables. They have the lock on them which my old ones didn't.
I put them on and I could still grab the sides of the cable and pull them off the drive. Should they lock and not come off unless I loosen the lock? Thanks,
Coboc Model SC-SATA3-10-LL-BL-90 - Newegg.com

A:SATA Data Cable Question

Hi there .. They are just Locking latches which means you can open them to use straight ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339867-sata-data-cable-question.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have three 7200rpm HDDs that are used for data storage and currently connected via SATA II, USB 2.0 and eSATA, respectively. Once in very rare blue moon, I may reorganize them and transfer data from and to each other. Other than that, I'm content with speed I'm getting from them and there's no urgent need to upgrade to SATA II or SATA III for this particular application.

I did consider getting a PCI SATA II card but those have their own set of compatibility/reliability issues.

Now, I'm wondering if USB 2.0 is good enough for my 3 HDD storage needs as is or should I ditch the USB 2.0 connection and upgrade my mobo, which has 2 SATA II ports, to a new mobo with more SATA II/III ports?

A:How to store data on my 3 HDDs: USB or SATA?

You would get better performance if all 3 drives were using the same interface connections

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-store-data-on-my-3-hdds-usb-or-sata.172376/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a question. I have a new pc that has extra drive space for another hard drive inside. I still have my old pc that also used a sata hard drive. Can I disconnect the sata data cable from my old pc's motherboard and connect that same data cable onto my new pc's motherboard for use with my old hard drive?

A:Swapping SATA data cable

You're just talking about unplugging the SATA cable from the mobo aren't you? If so, there's no reason why you can't do that if the new mobo supports SATA and there's empty connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295598-swapping-sata-data-cable.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello out there here s what I have Mobo DFI NF Ultra Infinity CPU Anthlon XP ghz RAM DDR GB HD S freeze pool dmi dvd-ram data Sata WD GB Sata dvd-ram dmi pool data freeze in RAID Config SATA GFX card EVGA Nvidia chip GT MB DVD CD-ROM Two LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH NS SCSI CdRom XP home edition service pack build I was given this computer the other day and I wanted to burn DVD s with it so I purchased the two LG Gh NS burners from new egg replacing an IDE light on drive that came with it Sata dvd-ram dmi pool data freeze When I plugged these into the remaing two SATA ports on the mother board every thing worked fine I used the driver disc that came with them and was able to burn a few dvds in dvdfab with no problems I should add here that the mother board has SATA ports two of which and are being used for the hard drives and the other two and for my DVD burners I later loaded Bioshock and Oblivion both of which played fine no crashes not sure if this has anything to do with my current problem After this I restarted the computer for some reason and my computer stopped at DMI pool data I did some reading on the internet from my laptop and was able to get it to boot into windows using only one of my dvd burners which works every time Either one would work in either port and but never together I also checked the cables So I looked in the raid utility Silicon Image rev and noticed something interesting Under the option to view the drives in both logical and physical I noticed that both dvd drives are listed when i have them both plugged in during start up When I scroll through the logical drives the Sil Raid under logical drive will highlight the raid hard drives under physical I scroll down to GH in logical and it highlights GH in physical Now I scroll down to the second Gh under logical drive and the second drive under physical does not highlight It stays on the same GH drive as before and never is the second GH drive under physical highlighted Make sense I have looked for a BIOS update through DFI and it warns not to update it unless I am having problems in which I am not The version I am using is Phoenix Technologies LTD PG and SMBIOS Version I m not sure how to get this to work I have updated the mother board driver and can t seem to find this same problem on the net Any information helps Thanks much nbsp

A:Sata dvd-ram dmi pool data freeze

mnkyrench2,
Have you made any progress on this? Try resetting the motherboards bios to optimate defaults. Set the SATA controller to IDE not to RAID

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-dvd-ram-dmi-pool-data-freeze.122800/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Recently my GB Seagate Hard Disk faced to Disk Bad Hard recover a from Sata Need data a problem and had to be replaced Am running Win x on my new TB WD Hard Disk However there was some important and slightly sensitive data that I still want to recover from my old Sata Hard Disk Chronology of events before replacement Mid-July Hard Disk was working fine I had Need to recover data from a Bad Sata Hard Disk to go out of town for a month PC was not being used during that period Aug - I returned home but PC refused to boot Even the BIOS screen or the name of the motherboard does not appear Just a blank screen After a couple of hours of replugging in all the hardware and power cables the PC booted and worked normally Aug - PC refused to boot repeated the same procedure of unplugging the hardware etc but this time i noticed that one of the connectors of my hard disk appeared slightly chipped off at the edge cant remember if its the power connector or the sata connector PC Need to recover data from a Bad Sata Hard Disk worked normally after a couple of hours of playing around with the hardware Aug - PC Need to recover data from a Bad Sata Hard Disk was freezing every mouse click was taking a couple of minutes to respond I tried rebooting but the faced the same problem as the previous two times Unplugged the HardDisk and used an old IDE hard disk to figure out if its indeed the hard disks problem The old IDE hard disk worked I went and purchased a new SATA hard disk which works fine now absolutely no issues But i wanted some of my data from the old disk so I tried connecting the old Hard Disk back but cant get it to boot at all Most of the time it does not even give the start up quot BEEP quot sound which my motherboard usually makes on boot But after several attempts I could reach the BIOS part but after that instead of loading windows it just reaches a blank screen with an Underscore flashing on the top left of the screen Also tried using the SATA as a secondary storage to my other IDE old hard disk Strangely my IDE is not loading windows either After the BIOS screen it says quot failed to read from the boot device quot Is there anyway I can recover the data from my old SATA

A:Need to recover data from a Bad Sata Hard Disk

Partition Wizard Bootable CD allows user to manage partition directly with partition manager bootable CD.
Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online (last one "bootable CD"). Download it and burn it. Boot from DVD. Does it see the SATA-disk? Does it see all partitions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248097-need-recover-data-bad-sata-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey my ps3 recently buggered itself and before sending it in to get fixed / formatted i want to retrieve the data on the sata hard drive. When i connected it to computer and activated through computer management, it asks me to format that hard drive ... erasing the information is there a way to access it without purchasing a plug n play external HD case?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps3-sata-hard-drive-data-retrieval.805877/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just got my A8v deluxe running with XP pro on IDE. I want to install my 2 SATA drives which are already formatted with loads of vital files on them.
they are recognised when plugged in but windows can't see them.
I created a drivers floppy and everything installed fine I think.
But I don't want to format them so any clues?

A:SATA with saved data install on a8v deluxe

Were those two drives in a raid array prior?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sata-with-saved-data-install-on-a8v-deluxe-70426.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all After years of use my college laptop Windows Vista finally gave up on me a couple SATA Wire Issues recovering USB data via of months ago Each time at start up it would automatically go to the blue screen of death and never get past that point I wound up getting a new laptop operating on windows and now I'm attempting to recover some of my files from the old hard drive After a little reading I discovered that you can Issues recovering data via SATA USB Wire pull the old drive connect it to another computer via a USB cable and attempt to recover the data on the drive So I ran down to the local best buy and picked up an Apricorn SATA Wire Here's the problem Every time I hook the hard drive up to the computer via the USB Issues recovering data via SATA USB Wire wire my computer instantly goes to a blue screen and goes into a cycle of restarting itself over and over Does this mean that my old hard drive is just too far gone to recover or is there another method that I can try Any help is appreciated Disclaimer I'm familiar with the basics of computer operation but I am by no means a techie so bear with me if it requires anything too complicated -Chris

A:Issues recovering data via SATA USB Wire

You can just connect it normally like any other hard drive, inside your desktop.

If you still want to try that way, update bios to newest, and install latest USB 3.0 driver for it.

If Intel chipset, also install latest INF Update from Intel.com.

If you still need help after, run the tool then post results.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40682-issues-recovering-data-via-sata-usb-wire.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone Working through some PC issues ISSUES... lost data?? Sata i drive Have my and think i may have done a silly thing I installed windows onto an IDE drive and booted but also attached SATA drives one Western Digital gb - a blank new disk one Maxtor gb - with my music and Sata drive ISSUES... Have i lost my data?? video amp work on When booting both of the drives showed up when i got into windows i think only one was visible The WD drive I decided to format the drive but after a few seconds i realised that maybe the drives were working in RAID and that i d be formatting BOTH drives I want the info on the Maxtor drive saved so i cancelled the format I restarted with just the IDE and WD drive attached and the SATA drive works fine So I restarted with just the IDE and Maxtor drive attached and although it shows in the boot it does not appear in Windows Could i have lost my information I thought that RAID drives worked in paralel so wouldn t BOTH drives be not working e g be formatted at the same time or does windows format one at a time Help nbsp

A:Sata drive ISSUES... Have i lost my data??

what OS are you using
what mobo is it
what drive did you have in this computer before
what computer did you have the Maxter in before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-drive-issues-have-i-lost-my-data.540781/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a dell laptop which broke. Dell can't repair, but the hard drives are fine. They are setup in a RAID 0 configuration and both are 125Gb,

I have them out and know which one is #1 and #2. How can I get the data off of them? Please be technical, I'm pretty computer savvy.

A:How to transfer data from two RAID0 Sata drives?

difficult issue, as it's most likely that you used the software raid controller on the M/B,
which may not be "so portable".

you might inquire of a Data Recovery service if they have that capability.

did you have a backup? the restore should not be dependent upon RAID at all and thus
could be restored to any external USB hd without risking the system to which it would be attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-transfer-data-from-two-raid0-sata-drives.145699/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there I have been trying to help some friends who had problems with their old hard drive running Windows XP pro They could not boot from their hard drive - the system was stuck in some kind of loop I managed to get it to stop on a blue screen which indicated that some files drive a data from SATA Recovering hard may Recovering data from a SATA hard drive be damaged corrupted I tried to repair restore but to no avail They have agreed that their system needs to be upgraded but they would like to recover the data on the old disk if possible I have purchased an enclosure - plugged in the disk drive I have connected to a PC running Windows Home Premium Although the drive is recognised the system cannot read it It wants to format the drive which I have not done The hard drive is Seagate Barracuda part EU - I do not have any jumper - do I need one to set the drive as a slave Also is it an issue that I am using a Windows OS rather than the same as the original OS The enclosure is IT-CEO IT USB external hard drive enclosure I have gone beyond the limit of my expertise - I would be very grateful for any help Many thanks SP nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

here s the specs and then the problem ghz celeron ddr ram soyo p i pe v mobo socket gb hitachi deskstar sata hdd gb western digital ide hdd gb maxtor ide hdd audigy platinum an array of pci cards but that is really irrelavant this ight be lenghty and alot of it mught be erroneous but to give a complete picture of whats goin on heres how it goes the parts mentioned above drive to boot of that is can sata i corrupted use off can't data so get ide minus the sound card western digital hdd and hitachi sata is is about to be given to my grandparents when my new stuff gets here in the next few days thanks to newegg the hitachi hdd is my primary drive and will be reformatted and put in the new rig that is on its way i was bored and set up xp pro on the maxtor that is not staying with me it had all my important stuff backed up on it not a big deal i was can't use ide to boot so i can get data off of sata drive that is corrupted going to back up all my stuff on the western digital drive off of the sata drive so i didn t care that i reformatted all my backup i got lazy and didn t back up all my data from the hitachi on to the western digital and well i think i got a virus and my xp pro has become unbootable on the hitachi it hangs at the black screen with the scrolling blue bar and then reboots its self so basically i am pretty sure i am S O L on getting back my music porn etc about gigs or so of stuff i have collected my mobo only supports a single sata hdd no other type of sata device it is only detected as the master no way to make it the slave it shares an ide channel i ahve three ide channels total i wanna boot up with the maxtor ide and have the hitachi sata just show up as another drive i can t seem to do that i have tried tweaking the bios jumpering the ide drive right and no matter what the install of xp which doesn t fully boot is always seeked out first i hope this has made enought sense for somebody to help me out the only other thing i can think of that might work would be to get an external enclosure to put the drive in and use it through a usb anway if somebody could shed some light on it for me that wouldbe great nbsp

A:can't use ide to boot so i can get data off of sata drive that is corrupted

simpler way of putting it

i failed to mention or it wasn't made clear that i want to get my data off of the sata drive before i do a fresh install on my new rig thats coming. unless someone has a definite way of doing it i can bet i have already tried it. i am horribly stumped and am going crazy. i need the eqiuivalent of jumpering two ide drives to make one boot and the other not boot if that makes anymore sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-ide-to-boot-so-i-can-get-data-off-of-sata-drive-that-is-corrupted.46205/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

This is my first post on here, so please be gentle!

I am using Win XP Pro and have a couple of 2.5" SATA laptop hard drives that I need to get the data off. I am connecting the drives via an external USB adapter and can see the hard drives (connecting them one at a time) in the device manager and in disk management. However, wheras I can access my "C" drive from disk management, I cannot access the new drive - all the icons are blank.

I'm really stumped as I've never had this problem on an IDE hard drive

Any help would really, really be appreciated - I have looked for answers on this forum for Viruses, etc. and its always been 100% accurate and helpful

Thanks,

Ian
(one confused computer user)!

A:Data Recovery From A Sata Hard Drive

Try assigning a letter to the drive.Right-click the drive and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, and then either accept the default drive letter or click the drive letter that you want to use. Click OK.How to change drive letter assignments in Windows XP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125254/data-recovery-from-a-sata-hard-drive/
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop stopped booting in either safe/command or normal mode. it keeps shutting down after first Windows logo screen(animated block moving from left to right) and keeps repeating...

So to recover data i took drive out and connected as via adapter to USB port. Now when i open it it says 'drive not formmated'. So used EASEUS - it went though and pulled about 25GB data but all are in 'SWF' and 'GZ' format. nothing else.

Can someone guide me what can i do to either fix or recover data?

Thank you,

A:2.5" SATA drive - data recovery

Hi, i think you should download Hiren use Acronis its better at restoring partitions...

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-sata-drive-data-recovery.161635/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a MAC that crashed. I bought a USB connector to connect to the SATA HD. When I hooked it up to my PC, my PC cannot see it as an external HD.

I am running Windows 7.

I see the drive in the Disk Manager, but I cannot assign a drive letter to the partition where all the data is.

How do I get the data off?

A:How do I extract data from an external Sata HD on Windows 7?

You'll need to get something to add HFS+ support to your Windows 7 box - there are several products that do this but I don't remember having used any of them. There is also the option of trying to boot to a live Ubuntu (or other linux) CD and including both NTFS and HFS+ support on it. Then you copy the data from the HFS+ drive to your NTFS drive. I'm not sure how difficult it's going to be to add support for these when using a live CD, but it might be as simple as going to Synaptic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-extract-data-from-an-external-sata-hd-on-windows-7.145698/
Relevancy 47.3%

I had RAID 0 installed on my desktop previously and I disassembled that machine.

I now have the two internal SATA HDD (previously in RAID configuration, with data on them) and I want to use them as secondary HDD in other machines. First I want to recover data from those HDD by connecting HDD via typical SATA to motherboard connection.

I did that, but computer won't see that HDD. It does show in Device Manager, but no drive letter assigned to it.

Could it be because the HDD was previously in a RAID configuration?
What would be the easiest way to connect it to a computer and recover data?

Thanks!

PS: My understanding is that I can just connect a formerly RAID drive anytime and tranfer data from it. Is this correct? Why isn't my computer seeing the drive letter?

Relevancy 47.3%

I m not too familiar with SATA HDD s and I don t have Drive: How from Hard extract data to SATA it? this problem a friend of mine does He has this SATA Hard Drive: How to extract data from it? SATA HDD that he has used SATA Hard Drive: How to extract data from it? from his previous PC for awhile He built a brand new one So he figured he could use the same HDD from his previous PC with the new PC that he built The problem is he realized that he can t use the HDD from his previous PC Now he wants to know how he can extract the data from the hard drive He has a brand new SATA HDD with Windows XP on it I believe its XP is it the same concept as an IDE hard drive Make the Primary hard drive quot master quot and the secondary hard drive as quot slave quot by placing the jumpers in the correct pins Since SATA don t have the pins is it configured through the BIOS That way he can transfer whatever he has from the old hard drive to the new nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

My computer s powersupply died and when I tried to replace it my keyboard and mouse stopped functioning Thought it may have been a corrupted OS WMC SP so I tried from recover SATA data can 0? 250GB I RAID config How 2 to recover per this thread Howard referred me to this thread The long and short of the results can be found at this How can I recover data from 2 250GB SATA config RAID 0? one I need help - DESPERATELY - to find a way that I can recover some data about pictures - hunnymoon sic pets family gatherings etc that I should have backed but did not I have recovered data before from ide eide ata drives but never any configured for RAID x Anyone out there that can help and would be willing to walk me through I have taught myself all I know about computers in the last years and pick it up fairly quick having good working knowledge of ME evil XP all flavors and am working with a How can I recover data from 2 250GB SATA config RAID 0? fairly new Vista machine will open the box to install remove anything and will listen and follow directions carefully this sounds like a singles ad doesn t it I said all this to encourage anyone out there who may want to help but does not have the time or inclination to lay significant groundwork in solving what - I hope - is a relatively simple problem Hopeful Chad nbsp

A:How can I recover data from 2 250GB SATA config RAID 0?

See if this helps:
http://www.quetek.com/RAID_recovery.htm

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-recover-data-from-2-250gb-sata-config-raid-0.92433/
Relevancy 46.44%

Do I need to remove the jumpers from my IDE drive..if not does anyone know what positions they or it must use.. Can it be done this way..? Mods may be wrong forum..sorry if it is..

A:Old IDE drive to Sata with converter connections etc to transfer data

Usually with a 1 connection drive, set it for "Master".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320195-old-ide-drive-sata-converter-connections-etc-transfer-data.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have set up a new rig with the following components Gigabyte Z X-SLI Intel Core i - K Samsung SSD EVO GB Drive Im running everything pretty vanilla using onboard video audio network etc I originally installed Win with the BIOS SATA mode set for IDE as I have two data drives that I used on my older rig that I wanted to access and the system would not boot with the SATA mode set on ACHI All worked fine until I reset SATA to ACHI and then SSD SATA to HDs after data setting ACHI installing and Cannot connect I could not boot I get through the BIOS boot and windows went into its quot Launch Startup Repair quot routine but then just kept looping back to that screen Since I wasn't getting anywhere with swapping SATA ports and doing the regedit changes to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services msachi start and Pciiede Start I decided I Cannot connect data HDs after installing SSD and setting SATA to ACHI would just disconnect the data drives and reinstall windows with the BIOS SATA mode already on ACHI I was able to get that done with no problem Cannot connect data HDs after installing SSD and setting SATA to ACHI and the system boots fine with just the SSD and my CDDVD drive plugged in Whenever I add either of the two data drives or both simultaneously I cannot boot and windows goes into the quot Launch Startup Repair quot routine which will not complete and just says that I have added hardware that is not being recognized I have tried the trick with the regedit entries and no luck My two drives are both Western Digitals One is a WD EFRX TB drive recent vintage The other is an old WD GB drive When I view the device manager screen there is a warning shown under Other Devices - PCI Simple Communications Controller When I try to update the driver for this device windows cannot find it Somehow I think this must be the root of the problem but I don t know how to fix it

A:Cannot connect data HDs after installing SSD and setting SATA to ACHI

Does the BIOS recognise the drives? is the WD1600 160gb drive sata ???. If it is the old style Sata 1 it might not work too well and AFAIK, older sata drives will slow your main drive down?
I just built myself a new machine using a GA Z97X Gaming 3 and have had no dramas, maybe I was lucky. BTW, the other two drives, do they have stuff on them? Maybe you need to format them both and then try to add.
I just noticed, why did you change the pciiede setting? It should be 3, not 0

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/349444-cannot-connect-data-hds-after-installing-ssd-setting-sata-achi.html
Relevancy 46.44%

SATA with Valuable Data Not Appearing In My Computer After Reformat The drive is showing up in my ASUS A N-E perfectly fine i just updated the latest BIOS and latest chipset I own both an IDE gb drive and a gb SATA Maxtor The other day i needed to reformat so i placed all my important data on the Computer Valuable Data After with In SATA Appearing Reformat My Not SATA SATA with Valuable Data Not Appearing In My Computer After Reformat drive and through the Windows XP Home CD cleaned the IDE and installed the fresh windows on that drive Everything on the computer works fine but my SATA drive does not appear in quot My Computer quot So it is as if there is no SATA drive and no data in it Im able to go into quot Computer Management quot and then quot Disk Management quot and see quot Disk quot as my C drive with the windows installed on it Then i see quot Disk quot there is a yellow sign next to it and it says Dynamic and Foreign as well My only options for quot Disk SATA with Valuable Data Not Appearing In My Computer After Reformat quot is to quot Convert to Basic Disk quot which it claims would lose my data i get the options quot Properties quot and quot Help quot as well Usually they give an option for SATA with Valuable Data Not Appearing In My Computer After Reformat Import Foreign Discs but in this case i do not see it Any suggestions on how to get this SATA back up and running the way it was before with all original data nbsp

A:SATA with Valuable Data Not Appearing In My Computer After Reformat

Did you install the chipset drivers / sata controller driver for your board?
Post a screenshot of device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-with-valuable-data-not-appearing-in-my-computer-after-reformat.585716/
Relevancy 46.44%

Could you tell me the speeds also?

A:Which interface provides fastest data transfer, SATA or SCSI?

SCSI is a bit ahead, Ultra-320 at 320 MB/s vs SATA 3.0 at 300 MB/s
SATA 6.0 will be 600 MB/s. and Ultra-640 SCSI 640MB/s.

Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and SAS2 are 375MB/s and 750 MB/s

Keep in mind this is the Interface speed; the actual transfer rate to the platter is much slower (around 100-125 MB/s last time I checked), and is fairly similar between the different interfaces.

Check out Computer Buses (Storage) at this link:
List of device Bandwidths

Another useful table is here:
Serial ATA

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-interface-provides-fastest-data-transfer-sata-or-scsi.741855/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm building another computer and am still new to "how to install a SATA Drive". MDTglobal.com (HD Manufacturer) no longer provides the link to thier downloads. So how can I get the SATA driver so when I go into Windows XP instillation it will recognize the Hard Drive. I also put in my Windows disc and hit F6, tried all the options but just got error codes. Lost, please help.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello again My g HD master is not acting right for the last couple days revving like it s stuck in low-gear and I m afraid it will only slave My move may to dying...can (ide) HD master be I the data (sata)? get worse My HP came with XP Pro pre-installed yrs now amp have no disk and while My master HD (ide) may be dying...can I move the data to slave (sata)? I of course have a quot work around quot for this part of the problem - I d just as soon NOT go through the endless updates etc My OS book keeping QB mucho software etc is all here in a nice neat compartment - updated and configured exactly as I d have it and I would like to keep it that way I have a g SATA slaved on a separate controller obviously used primarily for vid storage and mostly empty but I m not sure if this will help me at all Also my is quot D quot and my is quot C quot that s My master HD (ide) may be dying...can I move the data to slave (sata)? right - you heard me long story Is it possible to take the whole she-bang and plop it on another drive and still have it function Am I an idiot Yes I searched this and didn t find a close enough scenario for my My master HD (ide) may be dying...can I move the data to slave (sata)? comfort Yes I recognize this might potentially be categorized as an XP query and Yes I really am grateful to you for taking the time to school me on this one nbsp

A:My master HD (ide) may be dying...can I move the data to slave (sata)?

You ought to be able to drag the entire content of your 120 gb hard drive onto your 250 gb hard drive without any problems... I can't say for certain, but I think it wouldn't have any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-master-hd-ide-may-be-dying-can-i-move-the-data-to-slave-sata.688569/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I probably have to explain past chain of events which might explain the cause problem Prior to this the TB internal SATA HDD was used for data storage via external USB toaster and it can be used for my windows XP pc and windows notebook as external storage I hooked it into my pc via the SATA connectors not usb toaster anymore and also added another new TB HDD to the SATA connectors and booting pc via another USB drive with windows installation I wanted to install windows to the new TB HDD but had issues because of the GPT area lots 2tB WD Internal on toaster cant USB SATA data, detect with of and my pc had old Internal SATA WD 2tB on USB toaster with lots of data, cant detect BIOS I did many things and googled many things but the following may be the only possible cause to my problem Shift and F type quot diskpart exe quot hit return then convert the disk to GPT with formatted partition as follows type quot list disk quot hit return type quot Select disk quot hit return this will select the tb hdd type quot clean quot hit return type quot convert GPT quot hit return type quot create partition primary size quot hit return type quot select partition quot hit return type quot format quot hit return exit exit Not sure the above was the reason but above was meant to select the new tB HDD it could have affected the connected TB HDD too I gave up trying to install windows to the new TB HDD disconnected it Then I tried to install windows to the TB HDD and this was when I noticed it could not be detected for installation Windows installation error code xC So I plugged it back into my external USB toaster and my pc notebook can't detect the HDD anymore and requests to format it I can see it on DISK MANAGEMENT though I've tried using TESTDISK but it couldn't recover anything there was a FAT boot error during the full scan Tried WESTERN DIGITAL DATA LIFEGUARD DIAGNOSTICS but nothing recoverable Tried PARAGON HARD DISK MANAGER I can see the volume and my data folders etc but can't see it as physical drive I can't do anything eg recreate MBR recover partition etc Please help

A:Internal SATA WD 2tB on USB toaster with lots of data, cant detect

Hi there,
I would be glad to try and help, but could you clarify what is your primary goal at the moment? Do you need to recover the data that was on the 2TB HDD or do you want to install Windows on it?
If your motherboard doesn't have UEFI you cannot use your 3TB drive as a boot one.
If you don't need the data that was on the 2TB HDD you can just run the Write Zeros with WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics ( if it's a WD drive if not it's better to download the manufacturer's diagnostics utility). This will completely erase everything that was on the HDD and you should be able to initialize it as MBR and install the Windows on it. However this is only applicable in case you don't need the data back.

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353188-internal-sata-wd-2tb-usb-toaster-lots-data-cant-detect.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have winxp pro on systen storage for won't HDs SATA reinstall used after open data a SATA HDs used for data storage won't open after systen reinstall ide SATA HDs used for data storage won't open after systen reinstall drive computer was crashing a lot and going slow so I reinstalled and formatted c Also present are two SATA drives on a pci contoller card that I use for data storage When rebooting the new install the sata drives were not there in my computer or in disk management I reinstalled the card drivers and they are now present but with no letter mapped as if they were newly installed drives I followed disk managements prompts and made them dynamic and gave them their drive letters They now appear in my computer but will not open behaving as unformatted drives Disk management also says the are empty which they most definitly are not I don t want to format them as they have home movies and photos which I have not backed up I don t want to use data recovery software as it is expensive and anyway the disk are not damaged in any way It seems windows has lost its way to opening instuctions on them Help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

How do I set up a Win7 System with a SSD boot drive but with all USER,DATA,& PROGRAMS (INCL. GAMES) "AUTOMATICALLY" installing to, and run from, an internal SATA HARD DRIVE... that preferably is labeled "C" drive ------ or, get as close to that as possible?!

A:Win7 SSD boot with ALL User,Data, & Programs on SATA HDD?

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Please have a read of this excellent tutorial: SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

When you install Windows to the SSD it will automatically be allocated the letter C as its drive letter, so the nearest you'll get for the internal HDD will be the letter D.

To get apps to install to a different location from the default C drive you should have the choice to do so if you choose a custom install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206552-win7-ssd-boot-all-user-data-programs-sata-hdd.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Asus BIOS fix for SATA data corruption Hey guys Just got an email from Asus about the SATA data corruption issue on the A N X DX Now this mya Asus Beta fix SATA corruption BIOS data BIOS is for the rev and motherboards but there is also a new BIOS for the rev boards that may coincide here s the email excerpt that is relevant quot An e-mail will be sent containing the latest beta BIOS from ASUS which includes Asus Beta BIOS mya fix SATA data corruption the requested Silicon Image fix that you mentioned Please update your BIOS with Asus Beta BIOS mya fix SATA data corruption this fix and let us know if you continue to have problems quot The BIOS is the Beta that is posted in the Asus Beta download area There is also I think a corresponding Beta BIOS for the rev boards Don t hold me to it If you try this run your OS on the IDE port and do some testing of the SATA RAID Asus Beta BIOS mya fix SATA data corruption drives to be sure it actually works I ve installed the BIOS but haven t yet removed the drivers and installed the drivers to check I m a little nervous because I m running on the SATA RAID only Try at your own risk I really hope this works for us all nbsp

A:Asus Beta BIOS mya fix SATA data corruption

Yes, the BIOS fix from Asus does correct SATA data corruption. The BIOS is no longer beta and is a final release. The fix is incorporated into BIOS 1004 for rev 1.x boards and C1005 for Rev 2 boards.

For those using the patched and crippled SATA .281 drivers you'll need to roll back to .22 drivers or you can get the newer .28 drivers from Silicon Image The .281 drivers will not uninstall from within Windows, you'll need to boot into safe mode to update the drivers or they will not update.

Now I have a sweet 100 MB/s write speed and 112 MB/s read speed in Atto and 67.7 MB/s in Sandra (Sequential Read = 105 MB/s and Sequential Write= 91 MB/s). I tested for data corruption by doing things that I know caused errors 100% of the time before the fix and had no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-beta-bios-mya-fix-sata-data-corruption.5457/
Relevancy 46.44%

Trying to recover some files from bad hard drive using usb to sata hard drive enclosure submitted minutes ago by mdwilson I have an Asus K a I had a Hitachi gb hard drive that failed on me I went out usb enclosure data bad recover to hard from sata drive Trying using some to and bought a new samsung ssd gb hard drive and replace Computer is up and running on Windows My computer has gb of ram I have an TB external hard drive I had most files back up with the exception of a very important pro tools session i was working on right before the crash I need to Trying to recover some data from bad hard drive using usb to sata enclosure recover it Trying to recover some data from bad hard drive using usb to sata enclosure Before buying a new drive i downloaded ubuntu live cd on a different computer and used it to boot up computer I recognized my hard drive but wouldn t let me quot mount quot to it It also said my hard drive health as quot will fail soon quot or something like that Also Trying to recover some data from bad hard drive using usb to sata enclosure showed that I had tons of bad blocks or sectors somewhere near I went out and bought a usb to sata hard drive enclosure I put old drive in and plugged it into computer with my new drive in it In quot my computer quot it shows the old drive as drive quot e quot And in bios the hitachi is recognized The problem is when I click on the drive it tries opening or loading for several minutes and then eventually says quot E is not accessible parameter is incorrect quot It then also freezes my computer and makes me hard shutdown I downloaded ontrack easy recovery but it says I need a drive large enough to fit all the data on old drive I can use my external but I have important files on it and I don t know if those files would be wiped if I use it to recover Also when I plug both external drive and old drive into computer it freezes ontrack software So I m wondering my best options are I can not afford professional recovery I really just need the one session file folder which probably adds up to about gb Would love to recover some other stuff but it s not nearly as important When my old drive is in enclosure and quot starts up quot it doesn t make a clinking noise and sounds like it is spinning normally What can I do Thank you for responses nbsp

A:Trying to recover some data from bad hard drive using usb to sata enclosure

With that amount of problems
Also, showed that I had tons of bad blocks or sectors, somewhere near 20,000.Click to expand...

recovery of anything is unlikely
see if you can access it from a cmd prompt with admin rights, change the prompt to E:
then if that does show type
dir
see if it will show the data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-recover-some-data-from-bad-hard-drive-using-usb-to-sata-enclosure.1145664/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys,

I just purchased a samsung sata dvdrom - this is an upgrade from my old failing IDE drive. My motherboard (an Asus A8V Deluxe) has 2 sata connectors, and another 2 raid sata connectors - the 2 regular connectors are being used up by HDD's...

The question is, can I use one of the Raid Sata's for the dvdrom? (I've tried this already with no luck, I'm wondering if there are any bios settings that'll help with this?)

If this isn't possible, can I plug the hdd's into the raid sata's and not use the raid functionality?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to replies!

A:[SOLVED] Sata vs Raid Sata? DVDRom not recognized

No the raid sata port need a raid driver and won't work with optical drives, you would be able to use the non-boot hard drive on it however and put the DVD drive on the standard sata port. Unless you already have the hard drives in a raid config.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-sata-vs-raid-sata-dvdrom-not-recognized-405390.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Even though the following is a question I do welcome opinions on what the right answer is to my situation I have an IDE type motherboard The motherboard model number is SV M See http www newegg on (SATA work IDE) Motherboard Solved: Will Sata to Bridgeboard IDE com Product Product aspx Item N E Date accessed - - PM I am not sure but I believe my motherboard was made in Is there a way I can connect a Terabyte Sata Hard Drive to my SV M motherboard I have heard of a Sata Bridgeboard SATA to IDE I have not used one before A matter of fact I have only seen the Youtube Video below How to connect SATA devices in a PATA IDE only PC system https www youtube com watch v BwRClahcUCI Date accessed - - PM They even sell this bridgeboard SATA to IDE online Kingwin SATA to IDE Bridge Board ADP- http www amazon com Kingwin-SATA-Bridge-Board-ADP- dp B SZDOM Solved: Will Sata Bridgeboard (SATA to IDE) work on IDE Motherboard Date accessed - - PM The bridgeboard above above has a out of stars However I am not sure if this bridgeboard would be compatible with my motherboard If there is a better bridge board SATA to IDE that you know of please let me know Do you think the Bridgeboard SATA to IDE would work with the SV M motherboard nbsp

A:Solved: Will Sata Bridgeboard (SATA to IDE) work on IDE Motherboard

They sometimes work and sometimes they don't. To make things worse your motherboard is really old and uses a VIA chipset which had a lot of compatibility issues.

You may want to look into a PCI SATA Controller card instead if you need to use this dinosaur: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007863 600022728

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-sata-bridgeboard-sata-to-ide-work-on-ide-motherboard.1144094/
Relevancy 46.01%

were would I get a splitter canle for sata hard drive

A:Install second hard drive need a sata data cable splitter???

Hi, You can't split SATA data signals.  SATA power yes, but data no.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Install-second-hard-drive-need-a-sata-data-cable-splitter/td-p/5647899
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I am new Expert to seagate from sata data needed help HDD Need - 2X1TB recover to this forum I suddenly faced a typical problem days back when my computer was running very well with windows ultimate x suddenly my brother's little son kicked the CPU while playing and my machine stopped working I will give the details scenario from then as much as possible Before that here are my system specs Core quad q GHZ - Asus P QPL-AM Mobo - Xeon X GB MHz RAM - Nvidea GeForce GT GPU - Sony DVDRW - Samsung SyncMaster MG SVGA - Foxin Watt PSU After that kick to my CPU it stopped working I thought maybe there is a loose connection So I opened the Cabinet and replugged every cable and started the PC again To my surprise it did not boot up It hung at the windows start up logo screen for almost minutes Need to recover data from seagate sata 2X1TB HDD - Expert help needed I restarted again Need to recover data from seagate sata 2X1TB HDD - Expert help needed same thing happened So I thought it may happen that due to jerk my OS was corrupted I thought of reinstalling the OS As I did not have the installation media I thought of doing the same next day Meanwhile I called one of my friends who had that installation media and he said next day it was his work off so he will come to my home and install it for me I went to office next day When I returned I saw that my friend has done a great mistake He tried to repaid windows and somehow it did not work I don't know why because I was not present at that time So he decided a fresh install of windows xp and later upgrading to windows I don't know why he thought of that as windows could be installed fresh there as well Anyways at the time of installation of windows XP he deleted the MB initial MBR partition As soon as he deleted that all the extended partition of my disk became unpartitioned But still they were not combined together instead they were showing as unpartitioned but still they were there as different partition He then understood that he has done some mistake and waited for me to come I came and saw the situation Let me give u the screenshot in the windows xp screen then unpartitioned MB Windows GB the original windows drive Unpartitioned GB Unpartitioned GB Unpartitioned GB Unpartitioned GB like this I knew that the MB partition is reserved in windows for MBR MFT etc so I thought if I fresh install windows the MFT for those partitions will be lost and I may lose my gigs of data So I repaired the MBR using repairing console in windows media I used bootrec exe command Somehow I managed my windows working again but as soon as my PC boots it shown me that there is some error in the nd HDD and it needs to be scanned I left it on windows and after scanning several drives of my nd HDD it shown that there is no bad sector though it make a lot of corrections And my PC restarted after that to my surprise I saw that in the st HDD only the windows partition was there actually it was not my surprise because I anticipated something like that also my nd HDD is showing all the partitions but all of them were showing as RAW like I could not enter into the drive Then I restarted again and it windows again corrected my nd drive and after that same thing happened I understood that there is lots of problems in the MFT of my nd HDD So I thought of recovering data of my st HDD first then for the nd HDD To store these data I purchased a TB Seagate external HDD After that I tried several full version S W like stellar phoneix Runtime Getdataback NTFS etc None of them helped me to recover my data Then I used Diskpatch to repair my partition table still it is of no use Diskpatch and Runtime Getdataback NTFS cannot detect other deleted partitions they are showing only the MB partitions and the GB windows partition While Stellar Phoneix shown lots of partitions and I could see most of the data in it but at the time of recovery when I tried to recover and iso image of size of GB it took almost hours to copy it to my e... Read more

A:Need to recover data from seagate sata 2X1TB HDD - Expert help needed

258 views but still no guidance friends? awaiting your expert guidance to get rid of my worst situation asap. Please help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/222128-need-recover-data-seagate-sata-2x1tb-hdd-expert-help-needed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

since last 2 or 3 days i am experiencing a severe problem in my pc
(p4 HT 3000hz, 1GB ddr2, seagate 80gb sata---xp service pack2). copying data from d: to e: is taking several minutes to complete, like 2.5 gb data copy is taking 50 minutes, and a 4.38gb dvd writing in 8x that took hardly 7-8 minutes, now taking 25+ minutes.
What is wrong happeing with my pc.
Games like sims are working very slowly, performance is too poor.
Please urgently reply.
Would reinstalling xp solve the problem

A:Seagate 80gb sata hdd copying data from one drive to another is very very slow

Is the other Drive SATA, or IDE?

Is the PC slow in general, or just when moving stuff around?

Open the Task Manager, CTRL/ALT/DEL and go to Processes. Is something using a lot of CPU?

POST back & we'll see if we can get it sorted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-80gb-sata-hdd-copying-data-from-one-drive-to-another-is-very-very-slow.94726/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there im wondering if there is anything wrong with running three hard rives Power data / SATA Molex hard drive cable question and off the same power source Basically coming form my power supply antec watt im looking to split a single molex into three SATA power cables for the SATA / Molex Power and data cable hard drive question three hard drives b c i have the molex to sata power splitter to do so This way the case can stay a bit neater But am not sure of the reprcussions of doing so if any I can see in the case of a power surge that there might be an issue but i think there would be an issue either way if there was a power surge But other than that i think i should all right i think But id rather ask first and she what ya all say before i go killing three drives with one stone Also with the SATA II data cables that have the metal latch for keeping from coming dislodged can those work on drives that are only sata I Well im sure they would work but would the latch actually make the data cable from coming off easier if the drive isnt meant for it Any suggestions is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I verified the PSU is good.
I removed all drives, all cards, even memory.
All the fans spin for a moment then nothing they stop.

I assume the MB is now destroyed? A GTX 260 has two 6 pin power connectors, since the PSU only had one 6 pin power connector, I thought to try it.

MB is Asus P5QC
So is it dead?

A:Plug in GTX 260, hooked up one 6 pin power plug, motherboard wont post

Did you read the GTX 260 manual to see if it has to have the two connectors on?
This is an old MB, so it has a story. Tell us how did you get it and what memory, GPU etc it has before.
With no memory it won't boot. Do you have a speaker connected to the MB so you can hear the beeps when you turn it on?
Witch power supply you have? GTX 260 requires 500W as minimum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400301-plug-gtx-260-hooked-up-one-6-pin-power-plug-motherboard-wont-post.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Cheers Folks I suffered heavy lost of data creating a mirroring RAID- on two different Silicon Image Corruption? 2x Silicon Image = + Hitachi Data 7K250 250GB SATA/150-RAID-Controller SiI -SATA -RAID-PCI-Controllers using a pair of Hitachis K harddrives GB SATA Silicon Image SATA/150-RAID-Controller + 2x Hitachi 7K250 250GB = Data Corruption? rpm MB Cache The BIOS detects both HDDs without problems Windows XP Pro can be installed completely without problems but if i copy bigger files gt xxMB from other drives or via LAN the files are sometimes damaged - gt seperately copied WinXP SP -Files from CD or vianetwork to any partition within the RAID- using the cmd quot xcopy v quot - gt damaged files while trying to extract the files anywhere i could I can run Prime h without problems Both harddrives are quot OK return code x quot tested with the latest version of Hitachis Drive Fitness Test Here is the complete config AMD Athlon XP with Swiftech MCX- -V EPoX EP- KHA VIA KT A-Chipset x MB Kingston HyperX DDR two different SATA -Controllers with different BIOS-Rev s but even the latest one from Silicon Image won t work I recognized a tiny difference on the HDD firmware-revisions could it be that simple and that strange Oh please make it ending I spent maybe hours or so on copying files rebuilding RAIDs and installing Windows XP Bye bye and nice to read you with nice greets to the www Kai Schwab aka quot WaxMo quot nbsp

A:Silicon Image SATA/150-RAID-Controller + 2x Hitachi 7K250 250GB = Data Corruption?

Which Via Hyperion drivers are you using ? Do you have a creative soundcard installed ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/silicon-image-sata-150-raid-controller-2x-hitachi-7k250-250gb-data-corruption.16721/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an external hard drive Seagate backup plus 1 tb working fine with Sony vaio E15136 win 8.1 64 bit 4gb Ram. As long as I change the power supply i.e either plug in or plug out the power supply of my laptop, external drive is re-detected.
The external drive draws power from laptop.No external power source.
In case of USB pen drives this thing didn't happen.
Looking for any solution or explanation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389515-seagate-back-up-plus-1-tb-reloads-when-i-plug-plug-out-power.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I want to replace ps/2 plug of my keyboard which has five wires named yellow, grey, red, black and open wires, with usb plug having four wires coloured red, green, white and black. when I connect them just by hit n try method, computer say usb device not recognized

A:how can i ensure correct keyboad ps/2 plug replacement with usb plug,help

USB keyboards are so cheap now it seems a waste of time going that route. Plus you can get a ps/2 to USB adapter that is even cheaper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-ensure-correct-keyboad-ps-2-plug-replacement-with-usb-plug-help.1133087/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing a new HDD that is SATA 3G. My motherboard is about a year and a half old, and does not specify whether or not it can support 3G. I was just wondering if 3G is i guess backwards compatible? or if it is even worth getting a 3G drive if my MOBO doesn't support 3G.

Thanks.

A:Solved: SATA 3G Compatible with SATA I or II?

http://www.asisupport.com/ts_sata300_article.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-3g-compatible-with-sata-i-or-ii.749046/
Relevancy 43.43%

So currently I have my PC connected to the printer with a USB cable and my 10 year old printer works just fine. I'm turning my desktop into a wireless desktop for the time being and going to install a WiFi pci card in the tower. Once I get my computer connected online wireless. So if I take the printer USB cable from the back of the PC tower and plug it into the back of the router will the printer work right away or do I have to setup the printer within the routers 192.... page ? or will I have to install any extra router software programs on the PC to get the printer to work ? I'm just wondering what my steps will be.

A:So if I plug my printer to my router will it be plug&play ?

It really depends on your router. Some routers do have that functionality and are "smart" enough to realize what to do with a printer attached via USB ports. Some may require you to configure it on the router's setup, and others may not let you network your printer at all that way. You should probably count yourself lucky if your router does it at all... my router has USB ports, but they're basically only good for charging a phone... they planned a firmware update to do more with them, but it never came through.

The most foolproof way to network a printer is to get a model with an Ethernet port or a Wi-Fi card built into the printer that's just designed for networking. Any computer on the network will then "see" the printer and be able to install drivers for it without the router having to be smart. Failing that, you might have to plug the printer's USB cable into a computer of some kind... but the catch is, it doesn't have to be very powerful or large. A $5 Pi Zero or a $30 "print server" off Newegg would do the job. Basically, any old computer lying around with USB ports could most likely work as a print server if it can be configured with CUPS and the appropriate version of Samba.

https://hardforum.com/threads/so-if-i-plug-my-printer-to-my-router-will-it-be-plug-play.1896109/
Relevancy 43%

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 43%

Excel 2003 SP3
Could anybody suggest a way, using whatever method you prefer to copy existing data to another tab, but have the data go transparent by 50%(or thereabouts, so you can just see it), but keep the headings normal font.
Thanks

A:Solved: Excel 2003 help to copy data to new tab and make data transparent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-help-to-copy-data-to-new-tab-and-make-data-transparent.807436/
Relevancy 43%

When i export my inventory from my DB into an excel file my trailer brands are listed as they are in my DB of course But when i bulk upload them with XML feed to trailer inventory sites HTW com amp HTT com for our example here My inventory is listed on their site but it s not searchable because the brand search is a Replace with similar - sample data required Solved: Formula? Excel my data or -Macro drop down Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample menu on these sites Say i goto HTW com and do a search for Blue Ribbon trailers none of my blue ribbon trailers show up because all of Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample mine are listed as BLUE RIBBON TRAILERS LTD and the site is searching for Blue Ribbon and although they are the same trailer brand HTW com does not see them What i m looking for is maybe a Macro or even formula that once i tell it what site i m working on will go through my list and replace all my spellings with the proper ones for that site Attached is an XLS file with columns the first is my list as is from my DB the other columns are the proper spelling for each corresponding site Excel s find and replace feature is a VERY crude fix to this but since it s so time consuming it s NOT a viable solution Any takers Slurpee Zack Anyone nbsp

A:Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample

for the record, a complete solution would be GREAT, but not necessary...
I just need someone to point me in the right direction and maybe a small working sample of like 5 brands and i'll expand the list from there...

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-or-formula-replace-my-data-with-similar-required-data-sample.974275/
Relevancy 43%

Hiya gang I need to know where I went wrong and for someone to point me in the right direction for a plausible solution Here is my task at hand Our database crashed and we lost data I don t want to loose the data we have already inputted since the crash however there is missing data I loaded up the last best known back up of our database to recover Data Update From Query a Solved: Field Compare Data the lost data So far so good I have done the following below Exported field from one db be mdb file Imported field to new db Solved: Update Data From a Compare Data Field Query be mdb file Run Query to compare data and fill any missing fields with corresponding data In essence I am attempting to replace data from a compare data field query in access Listed below are the web links I used to create the process above Export a database object to another Access database http office microsoft com en-us a t-to-another-access-database-HA aspx Compare two tables and find records w o matches http office microsoft com en-us a find-records-without-matches-HA aspx Update data from one table to another http office microsoft com en-us access-help update-data-by-using-a-query-HA aspx Here is my code UPDATE tblFILES-Feb LEFT JOIN tblFILES ON tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO tblFILES PATTMNO SET tblFILES PATTMNO tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO WHERE tblFILES PATTMNO Is Null When I run the update query I receive the error below Mircrosoft Office Access didn t update field s due to type conversion failure record s due to key violations record s due to key violations record s due to lock violations and record s due to validation rule violations Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a table that logs files out.

When the item comes back in I wish to record the date the file was returned.

How can I get it so the query (form) only brings up the one record to edit?

I've tried setting the parameter to ask for the IDCode (autonumber) but it does not bring any records up to edit?

I can get it so that I can edit everything from a certain date, or a department or a person but NOT where parameter [IdCode] is entered in the field "ServIdCode_fld"

Having been able to finally get bar codes to print properly I'm hoping that I can just scan the bar code in the appropriate record is brought up I can entered the date and go to the next file return.