Windows Support Forum

Solved: New install randomly reboots or blue screens and reboots.

Q: Solved: New install randomly reboots or blue screens and reboots.

Hello,

I just built a computer yesterday using a Coolermaster Haf 912 case, Gigabyte 880GM-D2H motherboard, AMD Phenom II quad core 955, Crucial Ballistix 4 Gb, WD 1 Tb Scorpio blue hard drive, Cool max 700 watt PSU, DVD drive and Windows 7.

It keeps rebooting and or blue screening. I can't even have it on long enough to download updates and try to update drivers before it crashes. I checked the bios temps and they are 34c and 41c. DDR3 memory is running at 1.5v. I tried reinstalling 7 and the same issues.

It will stay on in safe mode and I also got a Ultimate Boot CD 2010 from a friend and it stays on when I ran that. I don't know too much about the disc so I ran a memtest and it passed. I ran a quick test on the WD diagnostic and that was ok.

Thanks for help in advance.
Mogoamerica

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: New install randomly reboots or blue screens and reboots.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 16.77%

Hi Could anyone please confirm if I buy Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, will I be able to install this on my desktop? Just looks like it only fits for laptops?

Thank you

A:Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, want to install on desktop

There are adapters available if the drive doesn't come with them packaged. The adapters adapt from 3.5" drive bay to 2.5" drive bay.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...scription=hdd+adapter+bracket&N=-1&isNodeId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-850-evo-500gb-want-to-install-on-desktop.216637/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey guys, I've just upgraded my 5 year old pc with almost everything new. I got an Asus Maximus VII Ranger & an i7-4790k cpu & other new stuff except my graphics card & ram, 2 x 8gb Hyper X Fury 1600mhz. What I don't understand is reading the manual about the speed of ram I can install.

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 3200(O.C.)/3100(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2600(O.C.)/2500(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.

I would like to install higher speed rams like 2400mhz or higher if possible (are there even 3000++ mhz ddr available? Looking at my local shop, 2400mhz ddr3 is the highest) without overclocking but I'm lost at the " (O.C) " bit. Do I need to overclock them to get at that speed or can I just get rams that are made at that speed? Thanks!

A:Need info on RAM to install on new mobo

The OC means you will need to OC your motherboard to use RAM rated at that speed. If you are not planning on OCing, just get the 1600/1333 Mhz modules.

BTW the average person would never notice the differences in RAM speeds. Memory is not the bottleneck in computing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-info-on-ram-to-install-on-new-mobo.210150/
Relevancy 23.65%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, everyone - I have a dell e4300 - actually I have three. On one, when it is plugged in to charge, the blue light that indicates that it is plugged in and charging, which normally would be blue continuously, is blinking, or oscillatiing, off and on.

I bent the pin on the inside of the cord slightly in order to maybe get a better contact, and bent the barrel slightly for same reason - the blinking is the same.

So, it does not quite seem like this is a weak, variable connection. Also, I get the same thing with another charger cable. Does this mean something?

A:Dell e4300 blue light charge indicator blinking

Well ,the more I look at this, the less regular it seems, but it does come on momentarily every several seconds. It sure is not charged up, despite being plugged in for over 24 hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e4300-blue-light-charge-indicator-blinking.208530/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 19.78%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 20.21%

Connected to a PC monitor is Clear but onscreen has a blue haze even on the welcome screen. What can cause this problem? Thank you

A:Blue Green covers everything

Have you tried another monitor? This symptom is usually caused by a bad connection or a bad monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-green-covers-everything.204345/
Relevancy 17.2%

I decided to upgrade my old hard drive to a new hard drive. When I tried to install Windows Xp on the hard drive it wouldn't let me. I have a Dell Xps 400 bought back in 2006.
The new HD is a WE 1tb. The error codes comes when I try to install windows xp on the hd. It says

I got a blue screen error after clicking enter at the screen where there is no partition found:
Check to be sure you have adequate diskspace. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and select safe mode.

Technical information:

Stop:0x0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF7419CAD, 0XF6FF17E4, 0X00000000)

Setupdd.sys ? address f7419cad base at F73ED000, datastamp 48025277

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-on-trying-to-install-new-sata-hd.204857/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 16.77%

I an trying ti install a video graphics card, when I plug in to my pci ex slot and plug in the leads the screen does not work, but the computer does, now I see that I have a pnp monitor but the card and a vga adapter on it, I have tried everything possible but cant get to work, anyone any ideas?????????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-nvidia-quadro-nvs-259-on-windows-7.204678/
Relevancy 48.16%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just put an asus p775 motherboard and i5 processor into my PC, reinstalled all components with no issue, PC rebooted fine back into OS (Windows 7), after anything between 10 mins and half hour the PC just switches itself off, any thought would be welcome

A:New i5 upgrade, PC randomly switches off

Is your CPU temperature running high?...Is the heatsink properly connected?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-i5-upgrade-pc-randomly-switches-off.158925/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately I can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error I keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths I have and the available folders, I can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, I've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but I always get to the same point where I have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

A:HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows over Free Dos

You may have to use a program Like KillDisk to reformat the drive. Then try installing your Win 7 DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-15-n252sq-can-not-install-windows-over-free-dos.202523/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello all,

My friend has a Canon 3-in-1 MF 4010 (Printer-scaner and copier) device. He has lost the manual. Now, how can I see whether is it installed on the machine (Windows 7 32-bit) or not? And if it's not installed how to install it?
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-the-canon-mf-40-10-3in1.201448/
Relevancy 16.77%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 23.65%

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L645.
I have encountered overheat issues recently and I thought it was the dust that clogged around the fan. I did the clean up and up everything back. I manage to boot up the computer and reach the window dekstop but the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop.. Somehow, after a while, the fan worked and spin for quite sometimes.. Then again, the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop and eventually my laptop overheat again.

IS the problem arises from the fan itself, or the thermal sensor problem? Im not sure.. pls help me =(

A:Laptop heatsink fan randomly stop working

I would replace the fan first, it is cheaper than a motherboard and laptop fans are known to fail. You can get the fan on EBay cheaper...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html?_trk...toshiba+satellite+l645+fan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-heatsink-fan-randomly-stop-working.200017/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey how's it going. Any help would be great.
Had an older system so got a new motherboard and CPU. Installed it all and then no power when I try to switch it on. The orange modem light comes on but nothing else turns on.

New system-
Motherboard- z87-d3hp
CPU- i7-4770
Gpu- GeForce GTX 460
Ram- Kingston DDR 3
Psu- Shaw p4s6 860w.

Thank you

I also tried putting in one ram card at a time. Taking the graphic card out and using on board. Taking the motherboard out of the case to see if it was shorting out.

A:No power after motherboard install

Ratchetz said:

Hey how's it going. Any help would be great.
Had an older system so got a new motherboard and CPU. Installed it all and then no power when I try to switch it on. The orange modem light comes on but nothing else turns on.

New system-
Motherboard- z87-d3hp
CPU- i7-4770
Gpu- GeForce GTX 460
Ram- Kingston DDR 3
Psu- Shaw p4s6 860w.

Thank you

I also tried putting in one ram card at a time. Taking the graphic card out and using on board. Taking the motherboard out of the case to see if it was shorting out.Click to expand...

By any chance could you post a picture of your computer as it is hooked up right now so we can see if your missing anything. Try to check if the 4pin/8pin connector on the motherboard is hooked up and check for tightness of all the Motherboard connectors to start with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-after-motherboard-install.199528/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello. I have a self built computer. I play a game called War Thunder. I have a Radeon 2900 HD 4 gigs of RAM. A dual core processor at 2.66 Ghz. When I play my War Thunder game I will get in a flight and a half at the most, then the system shuts down and reboots. I have run a stress test and eveything but nothing shows up as a problem. Any ideas why this is happening?

Update: I ran OCCT stress test again but this time I ran it in fullscreen mode. As soon as the test starts in full screen mode the computer shuts down and restarts. I am guessing now that my PSU is going bad.

A:Computer shuts down and reboots

More likely the cooling system is insufficient and it's getting over heated. Run Eventvwr.msc and under system events, look at the events being created.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-and-reboots.198282/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

A:Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-always-prompting-to-re-install-windows-xp.196822/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all got memory stick and got loads of music pictures etc on there and on a external hard drive but when ever I try to put it al back on laptop or pc it shows with all blue dots and cant do nothing can anyone help thanks in advance

UPDATE>>> I TRIED different memory sticks and different hard drive so assuming problem lies with the files on my laptop how can I fix this please any help welcome

A:Blue dots when tranferring stuff from dongle to laptop

hi can anyone help with this [roblem any suggestions welcome​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-dots-when-tranferring-stuff-from-dongle-to-laptop.195178/
Relevancy 19.78%

What the title says. I am looking for the best air mover for the lowest sound in that range. Im not expecting close to the best I can get at all.

I dont care about sound THAT much, but my PC now gets rather loud under load and I just want to make sure a bunch of fans (5 or 6) wont contribute to noise.

Oh and also, I just want 2 blue LED ones-im getting a corsair C70 and that already comes with 3 fans so I should be plenty set after that

A:Best blue LED 120mm case fans for $15 (each)

I recommend these:
Xigmatek XAF-F1256
Cooler Master JetFlo 120
Cougar 12CM
Enermax Vegas Duo - Haven't tried this, but people say it is a good fan. It has 2 colors also.

These are cheaper, but more noisy options:
Rosewill RFA-120-BL - recommended over the CM one below
Cooler Master 120MM Blue LED

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-blue-led-120mm-case-fans-for-15-each.195161/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I have an all in one hp touch smart 520 pc and I have had it for about 2 years now and it doesn't do well with games and I was wondering if I can install a new better graphics card? if so can you recommend me one ?

thanks

A:Can I install a new graphics card on an All in one HP Touchsmart 520 PC?

I did some research and I found this
[
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 module socket for MXM graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 mini card sockets
and
One PCI Express x16 Module (MXM) socket
MXM version: Type B
Power source = 19V
UMA or MXM Graphic card not exceeding 35W TDP
That is direct from HP. I asked today, because of your answers, HP support and I got the answer, that a Type II video card shut work as a upgrade on the inglewood motherboard. And don't worry. Bestbuy in Canada will upgrade the card in the store. But thank you anyway!

]
[
Yes, the MOTHERBOARD has those slots, no it is not upgradable after purchase, but good luck with that ]

apperantly the hp touchsmart 520 was never meant for gaming of high caliber and it cannot be upgraded :S

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchS...s-card-in-hp-touchsmart-520-1010/td-p/1128935

credits to that site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-a-new-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-hp-touchsmart-520-pc.194772/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey folks

where can I install a sd card reader on this unit there was a build in on the tower but I dont know where to plug it in the?

I have it pluged into 1 of the usb 2.0 ports on the bottom right now and the usb on the unit works but nothing when it comes to reading cards.

A:F2a85xm-d3h install of peripherals problem

What is the model of SD card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/f2a85xm-d3h-install-of-peripherals-problem.194545/
Relevancy 16.34%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 19.35%

I've got an Infoprint 1534 that is putting a thin blue streak down the left side of all pages. Someone told me they empty the waste canister when this happens, is that right? I'm not very knowledgeable about printers. There's what appears to be a "waste canister" on the left side which comes out and is full of dark coloured fine dust. Do I dump this out? Any direction is greatly appreciated.

A:Blue streak down side of papers from colour printer

I guess so. Waste is waste! Printers can do funny things when they aren't configured correctly. I'd say that dust is rubbing on each page as it comes out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-streak-down-side-of-papers-from-colour-printer.193767/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

Here is my problem,
I game a lot, & if I disconnect from those games for 1 or 2 minutes I'll probably be dead and/or lost the game.
My connection drops randomly, this happens once every hour or so, a few minutes later I reconnect to the same internet. The internet hasnt shut down, I can still browse on my phone & on another computer., but those arent on when Im gaming.
I've had this problem for a while now and it also occurres on my other laptop when I gamed up there. I can solve this by going to controllpanel & troubleshoot problems with network adapter, but it is getting really annoying. Even when Im only browsing like now it just drops connection.
Can someone help me?

-Kay

A:Connection drops randomly

Sounds like you're on a DSL connection - - are you?

I would log into the router and on the WAN side configuration, set the MTU to 1492.
This will stop tcp fragmentation and therefore avoid the necessity of reassembly, which can easily overflow buffers and break connections.

Might also reduce tcp ACK responses by applying this change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-drops-randomly.193423/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another place to right about my issue, I have the same laptop, and I have the weirdest problem!

My screen turns on but I can't install any OS, I have tried Ubuntu, windows 8, windows xp.... for example for windows 8 it shows a logo and then a blank screen, for Ubuntu I can't even boot from CD!

I have tried CD, usb drive
I have ran PC-CHECK, and it says no problem!
I have taken out the hd, and dvd drive to just boot from CD, and still nothing!

I have also updated the bios to the latest version from acer's website, this is so frustrating please help me
your help is appreciated in advance

A:Can't install any operating system

What is the make and model of your laptop? Have you changed anything in your Bios other then updating to the latest version? Did you update to the latest version of the bios before or after you started having problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-operating-system.193122/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all for a while now I been plugging external monitor into my laptop as I do karaoke some times always been fine but now all of a sudden when I plug it in the screen on monitor goes red & blue . tried 4 different monitors and all do the same so was thinking is it a simple driver issue or has something come loose inside on the vga port.. went to a shop and they wanted £90 no wayyyy . all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .. thanks

A:External monitor red & blue when plugged into laptop

Are you using the same cable when you tested w/ 4 monitors? Something similar happened to me a while back and it was due to a bent pin. I was able to straighten it and fixed the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-monitor-red-blue-when-plugged-into-laptop.193057/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys I m a bit desperate right now Here s the thing I have an acer g English bought in the Netherlands out of warranty original HD GB western digital included with windows home premium The hard disk is dying Everytime I restart windows demands a launch repair that takes HOURS otherwise it won t boot and will restart I bought a brand new Momentus XT GB It was fairly simple to remove the original disk and replace it physically Problems start with trying to install an OS on the acer -First off I went to the bios and set it to boot up first with the optical drive so I can use the recovery DVDs that I created on day one when I purchased the laptop It just doesn t doesn t do anything when I put the first one and restart Only the prompt blinking and the disk even stops spinning -I made New hard on drive 7 5740 can't windows acer aspire install sure the DVD drive reads discs I put back my old hdd waited till I can use windows again hours after launch repair and tried to read many DVDs and they all seem fine -Back to New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 the new drive installed No recovery I researched a bit and found out that erecovery only works New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 on acers with the quot hidden partition quot on the disk that came from factory Gotta find New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 another plan -I downloaded a copy of windows GB and burned the iso file on a blank DVD with hopes of installing it and then activating it with my key - Inserted Windows DVD created with the microsoft tool Same problem no reading I check again if my optical drive can read at all checked it reads DVDs - At this point I m not sure what else to do What I want All important files I had in my old hard disk are backed up somewhere else I just need to get rid of the dying disk and replace it with my brand new hd and install windows on it and then activating it I just can t seem to do this any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7

Try formatting the new drive using something like this:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
then try and install Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-on-acer-aspire-5740-cant-install-windows-7.192341/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly.192115/
Relevancy 22.79%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 24.08%

K so I have a new pc Built myself and had a few problems getting PC shuts off randomly it to turn on Turns out I had to short two means that aren t even the power connector ones Anyway I got everything setup Windows blah blah I move it to my room from kitchen cause kitchen had better lighting for working conditions I turn it on and bam it shuts off after maybe - minutes Now I m thinking it could be cpu over heating It is hotter in my room I left the computer on bios and slowly PC randomly shuts off watched cpu temp climb At PC randomly shuts off about C it shuts off Is that an over heating temp It sits at that for a while before it shuts off I haven t updated drivers yet could that be a problem Build Cpu Intel i Psu kingwin w Motherboard asus p z - v lx Gpu radeon hd I also took off the heat sink after getting frustrated and taking everything apart when it wouldn t start did that PC randomly shuts off mess with the thermal paste It looks evenly applied When it shuts off it s just off no warning Please help nbsp

A:PC randomly shuts off

Take out graphics card and try again. Also, what do you mean by "Turns out I had to short two means that aren't even the power connector ones."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-shuts-off.191246/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E which is experience some major problems at the moment.
Firstly, I get 'nvlddmkm' problem about every 10mins or thereabouts which causes the screen to lock, go fuzzy, blank the screen and then revive and become functional again.

This can eventually, or straight away, lead to a total fuzzy screen lock-up where I simply have to hit the off button to restart the computer.
This is also interspersed by various other screens such as those below; mixed pages, blue screen, which seem to have come from the Matrix.

The computer is about four years old and the front left of it can get very hot.
Is it just knackered?
Would a re-format and re-install do the trick?

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers,
Tom.

A:Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

The Nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard is probably over heating. The CPU/GPU cooling port may be clogged with dust or the thermal pads or paste need to be cleaned and replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sony-vaio-problems-graphically-freezes-blue-screens-etc.189216/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I am trying to work out if there is something wrong with my PC or something wrong with the game Guild Wars While playing this game the computer screen will flash a pink purple and my computer reboots itself additionally just as it reboots I ll hear a strange sound in my headset almost like a buzzing noise The odd thing is I ve taken it in to the store and they ve ran all the memory video card stress tests and it was completely fine it s less than a year old still under warranty they wont replace anything unless it playing Wars 2 while Computer Guild reboots is actually hardware failing and not the game causing it While playing the game temp levels are completely normal too and I bought a new case to further improve cooling just to be sure The problem persists Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 I have an ASUS motherboard Intel core i - GHZ GB of Ram GTX s in SLI If any of you talented Tech Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 Spot people could please help me to conclude this issue it would be greatly appreciated If it is the game itself I can pass the information on to ArenaNet to fix the issue and put an end to my frustration Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2

I doubt it's the game as there are millions playing it and I'm sure at least thousands with a rig similar to yours. When the game crashes you have the option to have it verify all the files on next launch. Are you choosing to do that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-while-playing-guild-wars-2.185084/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I just bought myself a NEC medias t smarthphone days ago and now I got a problem The phone just reboots itself a software reboot not total for no aparent reason without me doing anything to it it s just lying there doing nothing and with medias me NEC anything without 101t and doing itself randomly reboots the screen blocked and suddenly it NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything makes the quot rebooting quot melody and so I notice This is happening to me since yesterday it did it like - times and hasn t done it today yet I would really apreciate if you could help me solve this issue That I have likelly caused myself without knowing it this are it s specifications Net GSM - HSDPA Size x x mm Weight g Display Tipo LCD touchscreen capacitivo M colores Size x pixels pulgadas - Resistant to damage surface - multitouch - IP X IPX IPX waterproof and dustproof certification - accelerometer sensor for autorotation - Gorilla Glass screen - proximity sensor for auto shutdown ithink that s how s it s translated - touch controls Ringtones type Polif nico MP WAV Customization downloads Vibration Yes - Audio conector mm Memory Phone numbers Nearly unlimmited fields and entries call picture call registry Nearly unlimmited card slot microSD up to GB - GB internal memory MB RAM - processor Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM GHz GPRS Yes data speed OS Android OS v Gingerbread Messaging SMS MMS Email IM Push Email Browser HTML Clock Si Alarm Si Infrarred port No games yes downloadables colors Black Camera MP x pixels autofocus flash LED geo-tagging video - GPS with A-GPS support - digital compass - EDGE class - G HSDPA Mbps HSUPA Mbps - Wi-Fi b g n - Bluetooth v A DP EDR - microUSB -social webs integration - video player MP H H WMV - audio player MP eAAC WMA WAV OGG - integrated with Google Search Maps Gmail YouTube Calendar Google Talk - Memo calling voice command - Hands free included - predictive text input XT Batery Standard Li-Ion mAh Stand-by - Tiempo de conversaci n - Ok that said I go to say the things I have done to it xD As a good newbie with a new toy minutes after getting it I dedicated to explore all the new possiblities toying with the google play store customizing my desktops with widgets wich took me minutes to figure out how to do it xD etc I installed tested and uninstalled a variety of apps and stuff but nothing shady or dangerous except for the apptoide and blackmart wich I have already uninstalled My phone is not rooted or overclocked in any way Now I will list the currently installed apps on my phone it s all in it s original language and it s all last versions as far as I know mensajes Portal movil telcel Portal telcel telcel ijuegosHD ijuegos Ideas iapps ideasmusic msngr plugger iradio rss gps telcel itv iimagenes itonos Adober Reader -free Age of empires -free Agenda Ajustes Android asistant -free Angry birds -free App SD -free Archivos Asistente Avast mobile security -free beautiful thunderstorm -free block breaker HD brujula -free google search busqueda de voz calculadora call timer pro full paid camara contactos convert pad -free copia de seguridad correo descargas double twist -free el acuario real-gratis evernote -free evernote widget -free facebook fruit ninja -free galeria gmail google goggles -free google grabador de voz gun amp blood -free GYM guia de ejercicios -free Heroes call -free Instagram f-ree linterna tiny flashlight -free local google maps messenger musica navigation need for speed shift plague inc -free google play store real calculator -free reloj symphony of eternity google talk telefono The sims touchstore pro -free Google traductor -free SCT traza tu ruta Video camara Whatsapp -free wikipedia -free You tube Zello -free Great little war game items marked with an where included on the device and can t be uninstalled Now the Widgets in my desktops clock and date x tiny flashlight x calendar x avast x calltimer pro x double twist player x android asistant x wheather x evernote x ... Read more

A:NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything

Pull out the battery and re-install it. If your phone is using a micro SDHC flash card, remove it and re-install it. If these steps don't work, try restoring the phone to factory settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-medias-101t-reboots-itself-randomly-and-without-me-doing-anything.186820/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?

A:Monitor randomly shuts off

steelth said:

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?Click to expand...

Check ALL connections. Make sure they're they are correct & snug.Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-randomly-shuts-off.188153/
Relevancy 16.34%

I recently purchased a GTX and after installing it and rebooting my computer once windows fired up I noticed my speakers were making a high pitched noise along with fluctuating static Upon further investigation I realized my audio was also not working Here are some things I have tried to remedy the situation - Checked the speakers They work perfectly on another computer likewise I still get install new audio buzzing, no video after card Speakers the noise when I tried a different set of speakers and a set of earbuds in the problem computer - Tried changing the video card out with the old GTX didn t work - I have tried uninstalling reinstalling both audio and video drivers using these instructions http www Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install evga com forums tm aspx m amp mpage with drive sweeper again to no success - Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install I have swapped out PSU s and still get the problem - I have tried doing a fresh windows install with a spare HDD and I still get the noise as soon as windows boots I have figured out that if I go in to Device Manager under System Devices and disable one of Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install the High Definition Audio Controller there are two but the other is associated with my video card then the noise will stop At this point I am pretty perplexed as to what is causing this Could something on my board have been zapped I m out of ideas for a fix any help ideas would be greatly appreciated ASUS x Sabertooth mobo Intel i - Bloomfield GHz Quad Core EVGA GTX GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM Kingston SV GB SSD WD Black TB RPM HDD Corsair HX Watt PSU nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-buzzing-no-audio-after-new-video-card-install.187870/
Relevancy 24.08%

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

A:My computer is randomly shutting down

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down.187576/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 23.65%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

AST180-EA350M

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-goes-blank-randomly.187498/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all
I have just noticed that my keyboard doesn't work on certain screens. Specifically the system restore screen where I have to label the restore point. I cant type anything in. I don't get the blinking cursor in the input box. I get the italic I cursor when I put the arrow cursor in the box but when I left click to anchor the cursor and start typing nothing happens. So maybe a mouse problem too. I noticed it in a software registration window too. Running windows xp sp3. microsoft usb keyboard and a wireless logitech mouse
Thanks for any help

A:Keyboard doesn't work on certain screens

Change batteries?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-doesnt-work-on-certain-screens.187413/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 17.2%

I bought a Crucial M4 SSD (64g) for my PC but it appears it's supposed to plug into a laptop how do I hook it up to my motherboard/is it possible?

A:How do I install my SSD in a desktop?

The SSD will need 2 connections:
- SATA cable which goes to the motherboard, should come with your motherboard or you can buy one for very cheap
- Power connector which comes from the power supply.

They're the same cables as what your existing HDD is connected to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-my-ssd-in-a-desktop.184994/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an hip laptop and it randomly off randomly shuts Laptop shuts off I want to try to trouble shoot before I call it a Laptop randomly shuts off lost cause Referred to some great threads on here before so thought I d give this forum a try Thanks ahead of time for any help I have an HP Pavilion dv It randomly would shut off a few months ago got better but started up again When it shuts off its sudden like someone pulled the cord on it After it shuts off I cannot get it to start for quite awhile afterward minutes to hrs if not longer I can push the power button and the computer will attempt to start but will do the cold shutdown in the middle of startup Sometimes it can get as far as the windows log on and then shutoff The shutdown happens at all times no pattern in my activity The computer has some other issues I can t run it without the power cord because the battery is dead HP said its because I didn t take the battery out when I used the laptop plugged into the wall Refuse to buy another battery if I can t get laptop to work My year old spilled milk on the keyboard and it was bad enough the milk came it the USB ports and battery slot on the bottom Another issue is when I try to change the power battery settings I can t change it past the lowest performance setting because the laptop overheats It will shut down within minutes of changing setting this seriously affects the performance since it has to run so low But hey it s a laptop and works for my basic net surfing and word processing If it sounds like a lost cause let me know If there s something I can try I appreciate the help nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts off

Wow, after spilling milk all the way through it I would consider myself fortunate that it still runs. To me it sounds like it is overheating. Laptops generally collect dust inside as they age and eventually develop cooling issues. I'm sure all the milk doesn't help. Have you tried opening it up and dusting it off with a can of compressed air?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-randomly-shuts-off.183568/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

So I have had a big problem with my computer. It does not happen that often but when it does it is really annoying and scary. My computer just shutsdown and a screwed up noise goes through the speakers and the fans goes sky high! It happened one time when I play crysis 2. I played it for like 5 minutes before it happened. I booted the computer up and then I had a look at my temps which where around 50C. Started up crysis again and played for like 10 minutes and it only went up to 70C. So it is not an overheating issue! What should I do?

Thanks for any help!

A:Computer turns of randomly and fans go sky high!

shameless bump!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-of-randomly-and-fans-go-sky-high.184322/
Relevancy 17.2%

I got my 6950 today, but it's not working........

Step1:I disable my old graphic card
Step2: I change the old g.c to my 6950 at the same spot.
Step3:install my driver.. But it is not working..

And 1 thing I dont get. After I done all 3 steps, and it's not working. then I uninstall my new. g.c driver and enable the old one. and it works pretty fine... is there a build-in graphic card?? if so, the one I took one out is??

reply asap pls...

A:Can't install my new graphic card

BTW: the fans of my new G.C is actually working so I think I put in the right spot.. but cant detect it!! im so confuse!! awww

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-my-new-graphic-card.183493/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey all First time poster on these forums I was hoping to disconnects randomly Everyone Internet from get new insight as to what might be causing the issues I m having About a couple weeks ago I started to experience some internet troubles It would be every minutes or every couple hours but I would get disconnect from the internet To start with the tray icon it would mostly show the triangle over the symbol when this Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet happens yet sometimes it would say it was connected perfectly fine Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet In both circumstances during these periods Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet it would not be able to connect to the internet On my network maximum of three of us I am the only one that is hardwired in to the router with an Ethernet cord The other two are wireless We had gotten a new router from Bright House a Ubee modem router and were not satisfied at all when this started happening We purchased a new router to get gigabit Ethernet ports and to give us GHZ wireless channels After installing the new router and setting the UBEE to bridge mode the problem persisted When the UBEE is in bridge mode though and I connect directly to the modem I haven t noticed the problem Although I have never been directly connected to the modem for any extended period of time I have seriously tried every solution that threads have offered saying that it may be a windows problem and none seemed to do the trick So I am finally trying to reach out to you guys to hopefully receive some help I have tried calling Bright House and they sent test signals and they say that the connection is fine We noticed that when we disconnected our house phone the problem seemed to stop happening But now after it has been disconnected from the modem for a week or more the problem returned Resetting the router and modem together seems to grant us at least a day of uninterrupted access and sometimes more After I bridged the UBEE I did change some settings I disabled the firewall and set a DMZ to my router to allow all access through to it What should I do next to address this issue Thank you all in advance NickkyCubba nbsp

A:Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet

The problem lies somewhere in between your ISP and PCs.

Is this how your routers are connected?
ISP ----- Ubee wireless modem/router (bridge mode) ---- 2nd wireless router

Make sure you only have one dhcp server and the routers are not operating in the same channel. You can disable the firewall of your 2nd wireless router keep the firewall on on your modem/router. You dont need to use DMZ unless you are hosting some service to be accessed through the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everyone-randomly-disconnects-from-internet.177796/
Relevancy 57.62%

Last week we downloaded "log me in" so the physicians in our group could access charts using WIFI. Now everytime a fax comes in, as soon as it begins to print, the fax clicks, the router buzzes and the computer reboots.So we plugged the fax into a separate power line but the same phone line. Problem continued. Disabled "log me in" but computer still rebooted after fax began to print. The only difference is the router did not buzz. Can anyone help us?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots-after-receiving-fax.183284/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

A:Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-randomly.180287/
Relevancy 23.65%

As the title says, my mouse stops working for a couple of seconds and then starts working perfectly again. It mainly happens when I am playing BF3, the game freezes for a second, then I hear the usb-removal sound Windows makes and the game unfreezes but the mouse is dead, then game freezes again for a second and mouse starts working. During the moment mouse is dead all other USB connected things works, only mouse that dies.
It has happened a few times before when im not in any game.

Why is this happening? I have never had any problem with this before.
I have tried putting my mouse a different USB port and it helped for a day or two and then it happened again.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i5 2500k
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
8GB RAM

A:Mouse randomly dies for a couple of seconds

I have had this same problem a few months ago. Although it happened with my mouse and keyboard simultaneously. My main harddrive was going bad. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. It was rather confusing at first as I had never seen these symptoms before from a bad harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-randomly-dies-for-a-couple-of-seconds.181873/
Relevancy 16.77%

just recently received my Samsung SSD to install my windows 7 ultimate finally after a bit of time messing with that I got windows completely installed so I can either boot off the hdd or my ssd. I have had no luck figuring out how to get drivers from the hdd to ssd though. I can't even get on internet to try looking for drivers. so I tried backing up drivers on the double driver program I've tried burning backup divers to disk. can someone please tell me how to my drivers restored on my ssd!

A:Fresh install OS to SSD driver backup

I have no idea why you can't get on the internet. By default windows 7 has supports almost every (if not every) on board ethernet ports. If not then you'll have to get at least the lan drivers for your motherboard and then download the rest of the drivers you need once you get the onboard land running.

Is this a laptop, desktop ? If its a desktop did you build it yourself? If not what make model is it? You can go online to the manufacturuers website and download device drivers for your laptop/desktop.

If it is something you (or someone else) built then there should be a driver disk that came with your motherboard.

Alternatively you could use driver genius to get the job done. I'm not sure if the "free" version allows you to backup drivers but I know the paid one does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-install-os-to-ssd-driver-backup.181310/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am about to build my new system and for the first time I will be using an SSD (128 megs). I know to install the OS but what about security software as well?

Anything else? I will also have a 1TB hard drive as well for storage.

Thanks.

A:What to Install on an SSD besides the OS?

I don't have a lot of programs that I use on a regular basis, so those would go on for me. Fast program startup is nice. Aside from that, I'd personally have nothing else that I access much at all really.
In general though, choose things that you access often.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-install-on-an-ssd-besides-the-os.181042/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi, i got a new 42 inch t.v and hooked it up to my pc. i use the small one for browsing and want to use the 42 for gaming. when i try to start gta4 i sign into RGSC then the game starts to load and just as the game should pop up both screens flicker then i get an error, this is probably due to the trainer i use. i can start need for speed world with no problems but it only plays on my smaller screen, could anyone give me an easy to use guide on how to fix my problem ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-pc-monitors-screens.178725/
Relevancy 24.08%

I ve always been running on A C power but lately my computer loses power for no reason It s not that it shuts down but instead it just turns off like it suddenly lost power I thought maybe my charger was dying so I bought one from HP but that hasn t changed anything My randomly My laptop off turns battery hasn t worked in a really really long time so I never put it in the laptop anymore I tried the computer in the outlets in my bedroom and in the library and I got the same results Sometimes the power shuts off as the computer is booting other times it lets me get to the home screen and I can play on the computer on a while before it loses power I always keep my laptop on top of a chill pad Although I ve noticed my fan doesn t turn on when I turn on my computer Is it suppose to My laptop randomly turns off Also I think I might have heard a noise from my fan How can I be sure it s the fan I have a HP G US I bought it in It s running off Windows Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:My laptop randomly turns off

The laptop is definitely old enough for some service. It is possible that the cooling fan is worn out and/or dirty... if the fan is not running properly, the laptop will sense a over-heating condition and it will turn off. Have the laptop serviced and new batteries are cheap enough on EBay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-randomly-turns-off.177610/
Relevancy 23.22%

I had this memory stick for a while, and its been working fine. It has a lot of my important college work on it too. Just a few days ago it randomly stopped working. I've tried it on all computers I can and none of them recognised it, and it didn't pop up in 'My Computer'.
The best reaction I got was on this laptop, where it said it was processing, but then said that I did not have a suitable driver software or something like that. Please help, I have a lot of work on it .

A:7dayshop USB memory stick randomly stopped working?

A lot of them quit just because they have been dropped more than 12 inches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7dayshop-usb-memory-stick-randomly-stopped-working.177490/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi, I have an ibm pentium 4 cpu and I have only 256mb of ram on it. I tried to intsall more ram but it won't accept any other sticks. Stumped.

A:Can't install more ram on my IBM Pentium 4 CPU 1.60ghz

Not enough information.

Which computer do you have?
Which RAM frequencies does your computer support? (DDR 266, DDR 333, DDR 400, etc...)

Which memory module are you trying to use for upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-more-ram-on-my-ibm-pentium-4-cpu-1-60ghz.176722/
Relevancy 23.65%

I hijacked randomly? Mouse/keyboard have a wireless keyboard mouse sometimes randomly my mouse won t move for a long time it ll move opposite direction i tell it to move slower than it normally does With my keyboard sometimes it will get stuck on a bunch of letters decide to not respond when I mash every letter Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? Explorer Marc ZEUS administrator Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Marc at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo M -Service exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo M -Capture exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scManager sys C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Users Marc Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe I Program Files Security Stuff PSI PSIA exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Windows system conhost exe I Program Files Security Stuff FileHippo com UpdateChecker exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Actual Multiple Monitors ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter exe I Program Files RainMeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Soluto SolutoService exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scClient exe I Program Files Security Stuff PSI psi tray exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe I Program Files Itunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo mikogo-host exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc I Graphics Card ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe I Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE I Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Actual Multiple Monitors ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe I Graphics Card ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Versi... Read more

A:Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly?

Whenever this has happened in the past I've always been on the internet and it doesn't feel like a hardware issue... I have standard logitech wireless mouse/keyboard. When I run ESET and Super anti-spyware the problem seems to go away. If people think this is just a hardware issue randomly then I'm not going to worry about it, however if people think it could be a random hijacking then obviously I'm going to worry about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-keyboard-hijacked-randomly.176439/
Relevancy 16.77%

Fixed the problem, I forgot to plug in the power supply connectors to the video card (do all cards require this these days?). Everythings working well except the text appears a little fuzzy...

A:Driver won't install, video card may be disabled

haha yes they are a fair bit more powerful then AGP cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-wont-install-video-card-may-be-disabled.176356/
Relevancy 28.81%

A few of us here at Techspot were pondering how prevelent gaming on multi-monitor desktops is, and this poll is looking to gain some insight into the answer.
Hopefully we get enough votes from the Techspot membership to give us a reasonably valid snapshot.

The choices are:
1.Single screen
2.Multiple screens (please add your native screen resolution)

As a secondary question you can add in the comments section:

If you are presently using a single standard LCD/CRT monitor of 1980 x 1080 or lower and had the budget to afford to either buy multi-monitor for gaming, or spend the equivalent budget on a single screen of better colour reproduction (i.e. a 27"-30" 2560x1440 or 2650x1600 display) which would you opt for...or would you use the budget on other componentry ?
Thank you for your participation. There are no prizes.

A:Poll: How many screens are you using to read this?

I'll start the ball rolling....
Given the pricing structure I would always opt for quality of colour reproduction over extra screen real estate.
1900x1200 (HP ZR24W) primary rig, 1920x1080 (VX2433wm - TN panel) secondary, 1920x1080 (Samsung Bordeaux 6 HDTV for HTPC duties)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poll-how-many-screens-are-you-using-to-read-this.175659/
Relevancy 14.62%

hiyall

do i physicaly instal front panel card reader and a usb 2 x4 pci card before 1st boot of bios and before new install of win 7 64 , or after ?
please and thanks

A:Install front panel card reader and a USB 2x4 PCI card before first boot?

Before. Did you get a driver(s) CD with the card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-front-panel-card-reader-and-a-usb-2x4-pci-card-before-first-boot.175140/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello I recently added a rd hard drive to my computer so I could put my two existing HDs in RAID and still have a back up drive I cloned my main drive to my new backup drive and did a fresh Windows -bit install on the new RAID array I ve been able to get all my hardware working except for my X-FI 0 sound RAID on fresh No after from install Win7-64 CreativeLabs ExtremeMusic SB soundcard I ve gotten it to work a few brief times but I can t figure out what driver and control panel versions I used to make it work before I just remember it being a long process of searching online before I found an answer that worked for me Is there anyway to find out what versions I have on my backup HD since it has the correct driver and control panel versions on it Here s a description of my actual soundcard problem When I try play something in media player there is no sound the progress bar doesn t move if I watch a youtube video the progress bar moves but I still get no sound and I have no system sound either My on-board audio when enabled works perfectly My on-board audio is disabled in No sound from X-FI after fresh Win7-64 install on RAID 0 the bios the X-FI shows up in device manager and appears to be installed correctly with the latest drivers for win - I get clicks from my speakers when installing the drivers and I have tried completely uninstalling the card and re-installing it as an admin but I still don t get any sound Any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-x-fi-after-fresh-win7-64-install-on-raid-0.174259/
Relevancy 56.33%

So I Just had to go through a pretty long virus recovery it ended up in me needing to clean install windows and pretty much reinstall everything so that being said here s my problem Before the reformat I never had internet or modem problems And since I ve been having to reboot my modem every so often because I just randomly lose internet but when it happens all the lights are on just like normal Frequent required modem reboots and all the lights on my router are fine as well When i go to troubleshoot the problem i get the message quot Your broadband modem is experiencing Frequent modem reboots required connectivity issues quot and i have to unplug it for a little bit I have Cox ISP my router is Asus WL- GU with a SB surfboard modem Usually when i notice the reset its when i m playing WoW or counter-strike I don t know if the usage could be the cause of the reset When i was downloading and updating wow i had to reset every minutes or so but i also had problems with my Avast firewall i think which never caused a problem before either My modem is about - years old and i would say i might need a new one but it doesn t make sense that it works fine until i reformat my computer and now it s suddenly dying nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-modem-reboots-required.173912/
Relevancy 23.65%

I own a Gateway MD2614u and it has been true to me for the last 2 years, but now it has a little problem. The screen turns black and will not come back on unless I hold down the button and restart the computer. It is not the backlight on the screen and it is not the screen itself. I hooked an external monitor to it to confirm and it made that screen black as well. I was using Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on the machine however I reverted it back to Vista Home Premium X64. The problem reoccured even with its intended operating system. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of the problem is? I don't believe it is the cable or the monitor.

A:Laptop screen goes black randomly

It may be that the GPU is overheating or failing. Try running something like FurMark to stress the GPU. If that causes it to go back quickly, there's a good chance that the GPU is the problem. For most laptops, this is not something you can fix short of replacing the entire motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly.173762/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have four OCZ Agility SSD s and want to install them on my new desktop build I also have one Adaptec SGL Raid Card with two connections and will handle up to drives I need help in figuring out the best most efficient way to get these SSD s on my Desktop I ve seen several to enclosures with built in raid switches on the back but the reviews haven t been that enticing First off do I even need the Raid Adaptec adapter Secondly what is the best way to incorporate the ssd s on my AMD FX Desktop Also so I mirror all drives at Raid or use as storage Or include one TB WD HDD for my storage drive Would like to hear the most efficient ways to install my SSD s and possibly include one HDD and what raid settings would be best for each set desktop to RAID 3 way on W7 four 60GB enclosure? install with Agility OCZ Best up ssd s in inch enclosures only or SSD s in two enclosures and the TB HDD as my storage drive What is the best to ssd enclosures to Best way to install four 60GB OCZ Agility 3 on W7 desktop with RAID enclosure? use and are the ones with the raid switch on the back of the enclosures of any benefit Thanks in advance George nbsp

A:Best way to install four 60GB OCZ Agility 3 on W7 desktop with RAID enclosure?

Also I could do two ssd's in one 3.5 enclosure with hdd

I forgot to mension If easier I can also go with only two 60GB SSD's and mirror them in Raid 0 and install one 2TB HDD as my storage drive.
I just need to know the most simple and efficient way to go with all these drives and which Raid to use with each.
Obviously, this is my first build wanting to try SSD's and also my first encounter using Raid! I'm freaking lost and need some experience to guide me through this delima.
The balance of my system is a nine hundred Antec case, Sabertooth 990fx mobo, w1090T AMD processor and I'm also still looking for a aftermarket good cpu cooler for the AMD Black processor.

Thanks
George

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-install-four-60gb-ocz-agility-3-on-w7-desktop-with-raid-enclosure.173653/
Relevancy 17.63%

As of now, I am running on a low spec laptop. My Inspiron 1545, it currently has 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz and 3.00GB installed on it. It has an integrated graphics card and video card. The only game I'm planning to run on it is TF2. I currently get about 10 - 15 fps on a normal game of 12 people. I have an fps script that makes the game look like nintendo 64 graphics and have tweaked some of the models. I know that I can't install / upgrade my graphics or video card, so I was planning to get more RAM to increase the speed of gaming.

My question is, can I install more RAM into my laptop? If so, then where do I buy it and how do I install it?

A:Install more RAM?

mm yes you can install more ram, its pretty easy, takes a screw driver and taking out two screws

looks like it can handle up to 8 gigs of ram, ddr2 800 sdram.

Make sure you have a 64 bit os to utilize more than 3gigs of ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-more-ram.173388/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a wired network setup in my home that works perfectly except when my dad randomly Network innaccessable shares visits Essentially I have a modem wireless router that plugs into a Network shares innaccessable randomly few systems on one side of the house then I ran a cable under my house to come up in my bedroom on the other side of the house where I use a coupler to plug in a cable to the other side of this room where it connects with a router which I disabled its DCHP server so it will just act as a hub So this system works fine normally I have several computers with multiple operating systems a few game systems and a few media players plugged in wired and they share files over the network without a hitch Then my dad visits and I have to plug in another cable which runs out to the camper in my back yard we keep for company To plug this cable in first I used a old hub but then I started getting the errors I will describe next so I removed the hub and ran a long cable from the nd router to a nd coupler to reach the ethernet cable that runs outside but the problems still persist Specifically what happens is network shares seem to work fine and all computers can be seen but at some point none of the computers can access the windows network I usually get an error along the lines of quot there are no available networks quot or if the computer or system was already connected to another system on the network if I try to open anything or navigate up or down a directory I get quot invalid computer name quot the errors vary based on OS but these are the general ones From the computer in room I can often see only devices connected my first router the modem wireless router and occasionally this happens in the nd room too where it will only see devices plugged into the same router but more often than not when this happens no other devices can be seen When this happens internet still works EXCEPT for the entirety of this problem my main system in room will randomly not be able to find a website server but after a refresh or two it will work Oddly enough though these problems persist even when the laptop my dad plugs his end of the cable into is off but the problems stop if I unplug his cable I made sure his wifi was off so there weren t any feedback loops but the problem still persists I can usually get things working again usually only temporarily by resetting a router but this only makes it so that routers plugged into that device can see each-other The IP range of my initial router acting as the DCHP server should have plenty more IP s to assign so that can t be it and the fact that the internet still works for the most part while windows networks are down is perplexing For specificity s sake the operating systems of the computers on my network are- windows windows xp linux windows server and a mac OS on my dad s laptop yeah I know I have a weird setup Any help that can be provided is appreciated At the moment I am stuck resetting routers throughout the day if I need to share files it is rather infuriating nbsp

A:Network shares innaccessable randomly

Your description certainly IS interesting.

Oddly enough though these problems persist even when the laptop my dad plugs his end of the cable into is off, but the problems stop if I unplug his cable.Click to expand...

This begs that the cable itself is bad or too long. The longest cable between two connections (eg: a hub to a device) is 100 meters (aka a football field).

Try disconnecting the connection to the secondary router, moving the cable to your primary router, coil the cable on the floor and connect it to the laptop which is in the same room - - if the cable is ok, then all devices on the primary router should have Internet service.

You might also try installing Network Magic (the trial period will be sufficient to watch the activity) on a system close to the primary router and use it to monitor devices connecting to your network

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-shares-innaccessable-randomly.173233/
Relevancy 23.65%

My Acer Aspire One D E notebook is only a couple of months old and has started turning stop to know laptop off itself randomly? Anyone my turning how itself off unexpectedly First I noticed when I closed the lid it started to turn off rather than just sleep When I opened it up I would get a message on a black screen giving me the option to restart or Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly? delete something to restart sorry i didn t really understand this message only the second option worked and just seemed to have the same effect as restarting but quicker Now it also turns off randomly when I am using it I don t think it is over heating there is no sign of this It turns itself back on straightaway without me having to do anything The screen just suddenly goes black and has a small white flashing line in the top right corner then reboots itself all programs closed and unsaved data lost but working fine again as though I just turned it on I d be grateful for any advice thanks a lot nbsp

A:Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly?

Sounds like some sort of power problem.

If it's only a couple of months old you should call up and get it checked under the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-how-to-stop-my-laptop-turning-itself-off-randomly.170541/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey,

I would like to get the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO for me. The problem is that I don't have a backplate cutout. Will it still be possible to install?

Thanks

A:Can I install a CPU fan backplate even though there is no cutout on my case?

Yes. You'll need to remove the motherboard in order to install the hardware on the backside of it. I have an Antec 300 case and when I installed a CM Hyper 212+, I removed the the board from the case.

More work, but doable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-a-cpu-fan-backplate-even-though-there-is-no-cutout-on-my-case.171524/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi..
I have a dell optiplex 755 with 305 watt Power supply, Intel core 2 duo E7400 and a 2 GB Ram...i wanted to know weather my board is compatible wirh Nvidia GTX 460.. Thanks..Also plz telll me how to convert VGA into DVI..

Thnks

A:Dell Optiplex 755 -- can I install a GTX 460?

Hello maaz, I do believe a GTX 460 would fit inside of the case, but it would be a tight fit, also, you'd need to upgrade your PSU to handle the new GPU.
How much are you looking to spend?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-755-can-i-install-a-gtx-460.171186/
Relevancy 15.91%

First off this is my first time posting on these boards If this is the wrong location for this please move this My rig win xp sp intel core duo ghz part upgraded Crucial gb ddr ram nForce i sli mobo part upgraded W PSU Problem After changing out the mobo and cpu sorry I m unsure exactly what it was before install and loading times for games are a lot slower then they where before We are talking min install times becoming hour waits This is not just limited to only one program game The programs do install properly after they install and games run fine after the long load times At first I believed it was because I run everything on my external hard drive but that is not the case I tried running stuff on the internal one and the problem was the same What I have done so far Updated all drivers Checked to see if all previous hardware is compatible Checked to see if cores are working properly Loaded quot optimized settings quot in bios Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Long install/loading times after Core 2 Duo/mobo(nForce 750i SLI) upgrade

Did you re-install XP fresh after the upgrades?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-install-loading-times-after-core-2-duo-mobo-nforce-750i-sli-upgrade.171331/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have two identical precision 470 stock computers with 550w power supply and 3.2 XEON IRWINDALE single core. Since the MOBO is dual core capable; can I take the core from one and put it in the other, without any other upgrades?

A:Install two cores into Precison 470

It all depends on the BIOS firmware, and the motherboard. IF the boards are identical, and have the same BIOS release (or a newer one than the original) then you should be fine.

Doesn't take much to find out though if you have both computers in front of you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-two-cores-into-precison-470.171235/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop in which I would like to upgrade the processor.
I purchased the machine as a refurbished model. It has Win7 installed, The typical office programs 2007.

I writing to ask if there is a way to upgrade the CPU without having to disturb the overall OS configuration? If not can someone either give me direction as to how one goes about doing this (w/o WIN7 disc) or a link to where I could get direction as to how to reinstall after the upgrade.
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-cpu-fresh-win7-install-w-o-disc.170808/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi all, I just finish purchasing my hp pavillion dv9000 a LCD screen & Housing.
If you want more information on the screen I can link you to it,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140593436908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Is that all I need? I already have hinges but this comes with them.

So could you link me to a video or guide please thanks so much. I searched but can not find any.

Also is this a good price that I got it for?

A:Need a guide on how to install a LCD screen on dv9000

I found this, and it looks like the info you want starts on 5.14

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-guide-on-how-to-install-a-lcd-screen-on-dv9000.170129/
Relevancy 22.79%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 16.34%

My problem seems to be two fold Dxdiag is reporting everything in display as n a ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name REBECCA-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD System Model MS- after screen DxDiag and driver video install card display blank BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Driver Name Driver File Version Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B -B DAEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No When I install my video card drivers for my Ati Radeon HD it will load the Bios screen but when it gets to windows it goes blank I can hear it starting up and if I type in my password on the blank screen it will take me to my background image but do nothing else I can get to safe mode If I uninstall the drivers I can load regularly but can not play any games that need directx Windows automatically downloads some VGA drivers When it restarts the computer returns to blank screen at login Edit Also when I do install the ATI ... Read more

A:DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install

I solved both issues. They had to do with use of dual monitors, so it was making my television the primary monitor and not my comp's monitor. Unplugged the television and reinstalled the driver, works perfectly now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dxdiag-display-and-blank-screen-after-video-card-driver-install.169818/
Relevancy 16.34%

The audio on my Asus P E DELUXE WiFi-AP motherboard does not appear to work Windows says that there is no audio output device installed As on from Asus Win7, install device audio won't No drivers such when I plug my speakers in I get No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install no sound and the sound icon in the notification area continues to display a red circle with an quot x quot The High Definition Audio Controller is installed under Device Manager and appears to be normal However it is listed under System Devices There is no listing for Sound Video amp Game Controllers I am not sure if this is applicable to Win I have disabled and re-enabled the audio controller I have uninstalled it and let Windows reinstall it All to no avail For what it s worth the controller appears to be using a standard No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install Microsoft driver System info says that no sound devices are installed I have verified multiple times that onboard audio is enabled in the BIOS I have tried disabling the audio in the BIOS booting into Windows shutting down and then re-enabling the onboard audio No go I have attempted to reinstall the Soundmax drivers from ASUS They don t install I receive an error message saying that the audio driver files do not support my hardware I am sure that I am trying to install the correct drivers There is no software installed that would be interfering with the audio and all services look normal Any ideas nbsp

A:No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install

sound

which speakers are you using and which driver?
because most of the speakers are plug n play...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-on-win7-drivers-from-asus-wont-install.169687/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 17.2%

I just put together a new system and cannot install any operating system onto it I ve operating Cannot install at all system tried Windows x and x as well Cannot install operating system at all as Ubuntu x They all stall out the same way pictured below For Windows it stalls out just after resizing the screen to fit the optimum monitor resolution For Ubuntu it stalls out on the first dot after going through the dots under the logo twice I m trying to install the operating system from a flash drive in both cases As this occurs with both OSes I m of the opinion that there s something wrong with the hardware but what I m currently on an Asus Eee so burning a disk would be difficult at best I ve tried resetting CMOS and taking everything apart and putting it back together again and googling the problem leaving the system on for minutes in that state System configuration Motherboard GA-M MT-S P rev with onboard graphics NVidia GeForce NVidia NForce a Processor AMD Phenom II x T black box RAM Kinsington KVR D N G x Harddrive Seagate TB LP Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G The only difference between Windows and Ubuntu is the color of the screen Below is Ubuntu Windows is blue when it does this but otherwise looks the same Edit Ah I cannot post a picture It is diagonal lines that go from the lower right corner to the upper left They are composed of short lines with white and black pixels on either with some white lines intermixed nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-install-operating-system-at-all.168908/
Relevancy 17.2%

As mentioned in another Thread "FILE RECOVERY", I'm trying to reinstall XP on my friends PC. This PC was built by a friend of his some years ago, and he has since died. My friend never got any Install discs from his friend.

I've got XP installed using my Install disc, but now it's looking for the 25 character product key for XP. I tried using mine but it said it was invalid.

Any suggestions as to how I can input a product key. I'm getting a message that system will run for 30 days, but I've got to activate XP somehow.

A:Product key for XP Install

This is the best, "the dog ate my COA sticker story ever"! Somebody died and didn't will you the recovery discs! ROFLMAO

And where I prithee tell me is this all capital letters thread, "FILE RECOVERY"? You need to link something like that, to save having to search the site for it.

From this page; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html download this version of "SIW" :

SIW Without Installer (English-Only)Click to expand...

This will give you the Windows license key. At least if you click on "Software" > "licenses", it will. The trouble is, I don't know if it will tell you the key that's supposed to be there, or the key that actually is. The expected product key is written to "C:/", so you might luck out. Anyway, it's worth a shot. That's all I know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/product-key-for-xp-install.168518/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have an ASRock gx AM MB I recently purchased a Visiontek Radeon HD video card I popped the card in and hooked up my vga cable I booted up to my OS win x and installed the drivers for my card This Was all after I had previously uninstalled on board graphics and changed settings in bios to use PCI express as my video output Okay so after a reboot things are going smooth So I unplug my vga cable and plug in my DVI cable and get no video So I unplug the DVI and plug back in the VGA cable and I then have NO video So I reboot my computer with no luck Then I plug my vga back into my on board slot and take a look in my device manager and it isn t showing my video card only MB no longer ASRock install drivers card or recognize video correct will on board graphics and on top of that every time I run the ATI software to install drivers for my card it will only install drivers for my on board graphics and doesn t install them for my PCI Express card I m sure the card and slot are fine as I have run them successfully once before I ASRock MB will no longer recognize video card or install correct drivers don t know what to do but I really don t want to have to go through the hassle of sending my card back Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:ASRock MB will no longer recognize video card or install correct drivers

Could the fact that it isn't recognized by my PC be do to a lack of power from my psu? I have a raidmax 530w psu and min for the card is 400 so I figured I was okay... There is no place on the card to hook a cable from the psu to. It gets all its power straight from the MB... I dunno if that info will help any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-mb-will-no-longer-recognize-video-card-or-install-correct-drivers.168264/
Relevancy 17.63%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,
I got D-LINK DWA-131 WiFi adapter on my bro computer with Win 7. Mine router is Linksys E1000. Adapter connects to internet good, but after some surfing net network disconnects. When I try reconnect I get error and Windows troubleshoot. Only way is to turn adapter off and then on again few times to connect to network. What shall I do to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-disconnects-randomly.167894/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys looking for some help here I had this problem at the beginning of the summer and thought i fixed it but its asleep falling randomly Monitor back The problem being my monitor going to sleep while I m using it and the only way to get it back is to reboot It first happend when I was playing Mass Effect and After a little research I narrowed it down to my graphics card overheating When I started monitoring it the temp would regularly get into the s C and also hit into the s Monitor randomly falling asleep One trip to best buy later and an extra gpu fan and it was better I think I was also careful to take breaks and let it cool Monitor randomly falling asleep Now more recently its been doing it occasionally It has happend once or twice in windows but I recently started taking a comp sci class and wanted to install Linux just for fun so I partitioned part of my HD for ubuntu Now I m not sure if its Monitor randomly falling asleep because of this but while playing in Ubuntu my monitor has fallen asleep three times today alone Once was when I was changing the background once when I was downloading pictures and once when I was trying to find out how to get the sidebar I had back So I guess my first question would be is this a hardware problem like I think or is it because of the ubuntu My money was on graphics card but I took it out and have been using the on board gpu for the past few hours and after the last indecent mentioned above I have run out of ideas and found myself here Any recommendations would be appreciated Note This is my first note so I apologize if im missing something or am in the wrong section or something like that Specs Win x OS AMD Athlon x Ghz processor Biostar TA G M motherboard G ram Nivida GT mb graphics card the one I took out W rosewill power supply nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-randomly-falling-asleep.167785/
Relevancy 16.77%

I've tried installing numerous operating systems including:
Fedora 14 (x86 and 64 bit)
Ubuntu 9.10 (x86 and 64 bit)
Windows 7 (64 bit)

the issue is the box stops at a black screen with a blinking cursor (linux) or the windows 7 loading screen depending on OS.

my parts are as follows:
MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX
ASUS GeForce GTX 460

The memory passes memtest86+ after 4 hours

I cant seem to isolate the problem down to one part
any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
i have a hunch that its the power supply not being able to handle everything but cant seem to verify

A:Stuck at black screen during install

I would try removing as many non-essential things from the machine to start with (sound cards, maybe half your RAM, USB devices other than kb+mouse, firewire devices, etc.) Also, you might want to check your bios to see if there's a special setting for memory while installing an OS. I doubt your problem is your powersupply if you can run for 4 hours on a memtest and I doubt it's really the mem if you're not getting any failures. Last thing I'd try is swapping out a video card - I did have an issue once where I'd freeze and couldn't believe it was the video card causing it till I popped that card into another machine and the same thing happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-black-screen-during-install.166272/