Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Q: Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my ibm t43 but now I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried everything I know which is very little, but I can't find the wireless conection that is in my house.

I'm in need of some help... Please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi Speedracer :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reinstalling-microsoft-xp.139114/
Relevancy 64.07%

I decided to reinstall XP on Can't after to connect internet xp? reinstalling my computer again The first time I did it was like months ago I could go on the internet immediately and I used Can't connect to internet after reinstalling xp? Driver Genius Pro to download all the drivers I needed But this time when I reinstalled XP used the same installation disc btw I couldn t go on the internet It won t see the modem and my computer is directly connected to the modem through the ethernet adapter I know I can t go on the internet cause I m missing drivers Can't connect to internet after reinstalling xp? but I want to know why this time I can t go on the internet but when I reinstalled xp the first time I could Oh btw the first time I reinstalled xp I formatted my harddisk and this time I didn t I need to know what could be the cause of me not being able to go on the internet in case I want to reinstall my computer in the future but don t have another pc to spare nbsp

A:Can't connect to internet after reinstalling xp?

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in:

Display Adapters

Network Adapters

Other Devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

What's listed in these headings?

Is there a ? or ! or X next to any of the entries?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In most cases, a hard drive format and clean install of XP won't install the drivers for all of a computer's devices.

That's why you want to obtain and save the drivers before you start.

Once you have the drivers, you should keep them saved in a CD-R or USB thumb drive so you'll have them readily available if you need to do another format and reinstall.

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reinstalling-xp.990383/
Relevancy 64.07%

After the second reinstall of XP I cant connect to the internet this time. I've got a Dell 4300S and tried to locate the missing drivers on the maunufacturers website but am not sure what i need to install. I was able to locate the original disk to my ethernet card and installed it but still nothing. I also tried to 'repair' the connection and get the message that the IP address could not be renewed. The previous threads in the forum havent solved the problem either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Cannot connect to the Internet after reinstalling XP

Try downloading one directly from the Dell Website, we will need your Service Tag to direct you to the correct driver, the tag is located on your machine usually close to the Product Key

Also, list what drivers you have missing. You can get this information by going into Device Manager

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager.

List all the devices that have Yellow question marks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-after-reinstalling-xp.135484/
Relevancy 63.21%

I see that this is a pretty common problem as I browse the web.. I know I need to download the drivers from the Dell website to connect to wireless networks. What I don't understand is why I can't connect to the internet directly via ethernet cable to a modem. The last time I reformatted, I could use internet explorer right away, if connected directly. When I plug in the ethernet there is no notice on my screen, and when I unplug it, it doesn't say "network cable unplugged." I seem to remember it saying this when I had connected this way before.

Relevancy 63.21%

i have the windows xp pro drivers and utilities cd, but it wont let me install the drivers. saying something about the computer not compatable with the software.

A:cant connect to the internet after reinstalling windows xp pro

have u used the same CD to install the drivers sucessfully on this computer before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-the-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-pro-281933.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
I've reinstalled Windows 7(Ultimate 64 bit), installed my wireless adapter driver but I can't connect to the internet, usually it doesn't find any network and when it does, it claims that it couldn't connect to the network.
If it matters, my wireless adapter is Edimax EW-7612UAn.
What should I do?

A:Can't connect to the internet after reinstalling WIN7

Welcome aboard, KingKenny1

Place the driver CD in the DVD drive, right click on the computer icon on the desktop and Choose "manage" in the context menu. It will open the computer management window.

Click Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > Right click on the result > Update driver software

In the resulting dialog, click on "browse my computer for driver software"
The update procedure will find the appropriate driver and will install it properly.

Then, the network should be connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243383-cant-connect-internet-after-reinstalling-win7.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I had to reinstall my windows after I got the blue screen, and when I ran the computer the first time after the install I wasnt able to connect to wireless or wired network.Please help.

Thank you!

A:Cant connect to the internet after reinstalling windows 7!

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Have you any errors in the Device Manager ? ..

Is none of your Network Controllers showing in the Device Manager ?
What is the exact Model Number of your Computer ? ..

Have you tried connecting by Lan ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346163-cant-connect-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I bought an emachine T desktop at a garage sale it Solved: connect Cant after to internet reinstalling windows didnt come with a cd but it did come with a whole bunch of viruses worms and trojans I connected to the internet savemybutt com so I can download an antivirus but I couldnt because it will switch to a different sight and all the popups so I had to reinstall windows from an old cd that I had everything went well and seems to work fine but I cant connect to the internet I went to emachines main sight http www emachines com support product support html cat Desktops amp subcat T Series amp model T Solved: Cant connect to internet after reinstalling windows I downloaded and installed all the drivers except the Conexant Modem Driver and RealTek Onboard Network Drivers I couldnt install those because there was no set up to those I Solved: Cant connect to internet after reinstalling windows dont know how to install those CAN ANYBODY PLEASSSE HELP I GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE OR HELP I CAN GET I downloaded everest heres my report -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer HUGO-PC Hugos computer Generator Owner Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name HUGO-PC Hugos computer User Name Owner Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Rexburg D GERG PCI AGP DIMM Audio Video Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i GE System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller MB D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - CB Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD JB- CRA GB IDE Optical Drive HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B x x x CD-RW Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Modem Standard bps Modem Peripherals USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller B- USB Device USB Human Interface Device -------- DMI --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Intel Corp Version RG A A P Release Date Size KB Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI ACPI PnP Expansion Capabilities PCI AGP USB System System Properties Universal Unique ID A D BC - D -BAB - E C FE Wake-Up Type Power Switch Motherboard Motherboard Properties Manufacturer Intel Corporation Product D GERG Version AAA - Serial Number BQRG Chassis Chassis Properties Boot-Up State Safe Power Supply State Safe Memory Controller Memory Controller Properties Error Detection Method -bit ECC Error Correction None Supported Memory Interleave -Way Current Memory Interleave -Way Supported Memory Speeds ns ns Supported Memory Types SPM FPM EDO Parity ECC SIMM DIMM BEDO SDRAM Supported Memory Voltages V Maximum Memory Module Size MB Memory Slots Processors Intel R Pentium R processor Processor Properties Manufacturer Intel Version Intel R Pentium R processor Serial Number To Be Filled By O E M Asset Tag To Be Filled By O E M Part Number To Be Filled By O E M... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

I reinstalled Windows 7. First, the computer did not find the network adapter. I looked up my computer's serial number online and was able to get the drivers installed in order to connect to the network. Now, however, I am unable to connect from the network to the Internet.

I have a Westell 6100 modem and Belkin router. I tried resetting the modem and router numerous times, to no avail. I am able to access the Internet by plugging the phone cord directly to the computer, so my Internet is working, but not wireless. The device driver shows an exclamation point next to the Westell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem.

The error is that there is a disconnect between the access point and the router...something like that. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables, shutting down and powering back up...

Can you please help? Thank you!!!

A:unable to connect to Internet after reinstalling Windows 7

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

While you are connected to the internet...
...please gather your IPCONFIG info into a text.
See this post for more info*.
Please attach that text file to your next post.

Temporarily unplug the LAN cable from your computer.
(i.e. unplug one end of the wire that goes from the Westell modem to the computer)
Restart the computer.
Connect to the Belkin router via Wi-Fi.
Create another IPCONFIG text file.
Please attach that text file to your next post.

*If you cannot get the IPCONFIG info to go into the text file, please post a screenshot of each cmd prompt window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292282-unable-connect-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi We had to reinstall Windows after Trojan Horses attacked our computer last night Anyway now that we have our internet doesn t seem to want to connect We have a Toshiba Satellite p laptop We have installed the intel wireless and it can see our wireless internet so the computer is registering that we have our internet on it just keeps tryin to get through the gateway or access the network Our internet is Internet reinstalling XP will connect not Wireless Windows after through Telstra unsure if that makes Wireless Internet will not connect after reinstalling Windows XP a difference Yes the internet has worked before it did last night until we reinstalled windows We arent able to install the drivers without the internet Also unsure what drivers to get if we Wireless Internet will not connect after reinstalling Windows XP were to get them off a friends internet as in what basic drivers would get the internet up and running so we arent downloading a heap of stuff I thought since we had the wireless intel and we also have Wireless Internet will not connect after reinstalling Windows XP a program called Summit which connects with wireless devices that we would be able to connect Very confused please help nbsp

A:Wireless Internet will not connect after reinstalling Windows XP

make and exact models Modem / Routers

you will need to copy this onto a PC with a working internet
We would like to see the device manager and whats listed there - you may be able to just post back
also an ipconfig /all and ping tests

When you re-installed windows XP - was this from a recovery CD or a windows CD
you will probably need to go to the toshiba support site and download all the drivers, not only network - but also audio, video chipset etc

Anyway lets start with device manager and see if you have any netwrok devices and any ? ! or ? listed

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Type the following command
Ping google.com
then:
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all

Post back the results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53

post back results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 55.9%

Microsoft Store won't connect to the internet. I am on the internet but it repeatedly said my computer isnt connected. I've searched my computer for the Windows Update to try and fix it that way and it has magically disappeared and I dont know how to re-download it. I need help bad. Thank you.

A:Microsoft Store won't connect to the Internet

It sounds like you may have a corrupted install.
I would highly recommend reinstalling windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11868-microsoft-store-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

My computer worked great the day before yesterday. All of a sudden I cannot connect to the internet except in Safe mode with networking. I suspected a Trojan or Virus and have scaned with NOD 32 Antivirus 4, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware and all three report no threats. What happends is that Internet Explorer opens and then gets caught in a loop continually trying to resolve the web page.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

James

A:Cannot connect to the Internet or Microsoft Update

Hi Wizard61, welcome to BleepingComputer.

Have you tried using a different browser like Firefox?

What version of IE are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367661/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-or-microsoft-update/
Relevancy 55.04%

first post, looking for some help!

my outlook is setup through my companies' exchange server, as well as my gmail acct.

everything works perfect all the time..except i just got a verizon 4g hotspot for when im not at home or the office. when i connect to the hot spot my internet connection works well and its faster than i expected, however when i'm connected via hot spot i my outlook wont connect to exchange for my work email. the gmail works fine.

otherwise, my outlook connects fine to exchange on any public network (starbucks, panera..etc) w/out issue.

i also was previously using a clear usb modem before this verizon hotspot..and that worked fine as well

any thoughts?

..my cpu is a sony vaio, model num - VPCSA and i'm running office 2010 on win 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connection-connect-to-microsoft-exchange-661465.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Microsoft NET error everytime I start my computer stating it can t connect to something Heres the HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform connect some Microsoft.NET Problem? scripts to internet Can't - Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Microsoft.NET Problem? - Can't connect to some internet scripts Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes D WINDOWS System smss exeD WINDOWS system winlogon exeD WINDOWS system services exeD WINDOWS system lsass exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD Program Files The Skins Factory Hyperdesk Common HDThemeEnabler exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeD Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeD WINDOWS system spoolsv exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeD WINDOWS Explorer EXED Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeD Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeD PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeD Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeD WINDOWS system ctfmon exeD Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeD Program Files AIM aim exeD Program Files MotioninJoy ds DS Tool exeD Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeD Program Files SafeConnect scClient exeD Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeD Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeD Documents and Settings All Users Application Data A F-A - D -ACC -B E Server exeD Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeD WINDOWS system nvsvc exeD Program Files SafeConnect scManager sysD Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeD Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exed WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeD Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeD Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeD Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeD Documents and Settings Mark Andrew Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - Hosts localhostO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - D Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - D Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXEO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY D PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot d Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot D Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run DivXUpdate quot D Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOWO - HKCU Run Aim quot D Pro... Read more

A:Microsoft.NET Problem? - Can't connect to some internet scripts

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326519/microsoftnet-problem-cant-connect-to-some-internet-scripts/
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer had crashed a few times about a week ago I was looking into hardware issues until I noticed that MSE wasn't running When I tried to open it it opened for less than a second then closes Windows defender did the same thing As I was trying to look into this issue I suddenly couldn't connect to Security internet and connect can't Microsoft to issues Essentials the internet anymore When I run Microsoft Security Essentials issues and can't connect to internet the windows troubleshooter it says the wired network adapter is experiencing problems I have no problems connecting to the internet on other computers in the house or through wifi I'm running windows I'm able to connect to the internet by using a usb ethernet adapter that I have but not through the Ethernet port I posted a thread in Am I infected What do i do and ran a few scans You can find the thread here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t microsoft-security-essentials-closing-immediately-and-no-internet I included these logs as well On Nov I went to use my computer and AVG wanted to reboot to install an update so I did When windows rebooted AVG immediately found a threat in C windows syswow wmpduiq dll and quarantined it I was able to open MSE and windows defender I tried to run a scan in MSE but minutes in it froze I thought having AVG running may have caused a conflict so I uninstalled AVG and MSE or so I thought When I tried to reinstall MSE I received an error It suggested I reboot and try again so I did When Windows booted to my surprise MSE opened and was running I tried to uninstall it again but it wasn't in the installed programs list anymore I installed the MSE removal tool and ran it The client closed and I can't open it anymore but the entire Microsoft Security Client still exists in program files with files inside Most of the files were created in April I'm unable to manually delete any of the files inside of the folder because it says I don't have permission from system Now when trying to install or uninstall MSE I receive an error What should my steps be at this point I reinstalled AVG in the mean time and I can still open Windows Defender AVG Whole Computer Scan Scanned Scan Whole Computer Started PM Finished PM Number of items Launched by Brendan Name Description Status Status Priority c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Trojan horse Hiloti CG Secured Healed High C Users Brendan AppData Local Temp setdebug exe Trojan horse Downloader Generic ABWS Secured Healed High D downloads vector calculus marsden th edition solutions manual rar downloader exe Adware Generic r ATM Secured Healed Medium C Windows Temp pcds exe Trojan horse MSIL AMQG Secured Healed High D downloads vector calculus marsden th edition solutions manual rar downloader exe Adware Generic r ATM Secured Healed Medium Malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile mbam txt Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Premium Malware Protection Enabled Malicious Website Protection Enabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User Brendan Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end ESET D LOST DIR a variant of Android Inmobi A potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined D downloads aida extreme exe Win Bundled Toolbar Google D potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined D downloads cbsidlm-cbsi -SpeedFan-ORG- exe a variant of Win CNETInstaller B potentially unwanted... Read more

A:Microsoft Security Essentials issues and can't connect to internet

Greetings bee24 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.There is evidence of illegal software on your computer. Before addressing your issues I am going to request you uninstall Microsoft Office 15 and all other software for which you do not have a valid Product key (including games). If you are willing to uninstall these programs please do so and post fresh FRST and Addition.txt reports. If you prefer to not uninstall these programs please let me know and I will close the Topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598092/microsoft-security-essentials-issues-and-cant-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 54.61%

HI all,
My desktop did a security update (KB2286198) today & after I had installed & restarted I had no internet access. I have the pc in a wired connection via ethernet. My laptop connects no problem (wireless) I have the BT homehub 2.0 & use microsoft security essentials alongside windows firewall.
OS is windows 7 Ultimate.
Does anyone know of a fix for this? I have retored to an earlier restore point before the security update was installed & I instantly fixed the problem, i have done this 4 times now & its becoming a pain in the proverbial
Please Help

A:Cannot connect to internet after installing microsoft security update

Hide this update and contact with MS Support Microsoft Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/102341-cannot-connect-internet-after-installing-microsoft-security-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had Microsoft Antispyware for sometime and always updated it. Have ran it a few times. No problems. Now When I try to update it It always comes back in red print that It cannot connect to the Internet even though I am on the Internet and have been surfing around etc. All my other spyware and adware stuff such as spybot, spyblaster, adware SE all update with no problem. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it does the same thing.

A:Solved: Windows XP sp1-Microsoft Antispyware- Won't connect to Internet to update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-sp1-microsoft-antispyware-wont-connect-to-internet-to-update.419852/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had the same problem; I reinstalled windows xp but I don't know how to reconnect to the internet.
The choices are:

Relevancy 49.45%

I had a hugh trojan virus that stopped my computer. Dell remotely repaired it and I am trying to reinstall programs that were lost.
My Office Plus stopped installing with an Error message 2203 and said to contact help (PSS).
What am I supposed to do next?

A:reinstalling Microsoft Office Plus

Here are 3 links concerning the matter.
Read them and see if they help in any way.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324852
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296056
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...installin.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reinstalling-microsoft-office-plus-438442.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I use it all the time to take screenshots and save them there, but for some reason my computer didn't come with it when I ordered it. It's not in my accessories list under programs.

I found this here

http://www.ehow.com/how_4779482_inst...oft-paint.html

I've followed the steps and it hasn't worked. I downloaded MS paint from here.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...us/paintnt.exe

I just want it linked to my accessories menu. I downloaded the icon to my desktop, double clicked it and it spewed out a bunch of icons on my desktop, including one called mspaint, which if I double click will open paint.

A:Reinstalling microsoft paint

Browse to C:\Windows\system32 and see if you have mspaint.exe. If so then you already have Paint installed. Double click it to see if it runs. If not, then cut the downloaded mspaint.exe file from your Desktop and paste it here. Copy the mspaint.exe file again. Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Accessories and paste Paint in here. Now Paint will be on your Accessories menu as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-microsoft-paint-412918.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have wiped my computer and have reinstalled Windows XP, but now need to reinstall Microsoft Office. I have the disc, but not the folder with all the numbers on it. Can I still reinstall?

Relevancy 49.45%

can anyone advise? I had to reinstall Microsoft Works 2002 on Windows XP after recent problem, so as usual i went through control panel, add/remove and followed instructions. However when I went to reinstall, it wouldn't do it.
Got message: "Feature you are tyring to use is on a network resource that is unavailalbe". Then when i clicked okay or retry, I got:"Try alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 511974.MAINSP3ff.msp" This wouldnt work either and just kept sending me between the two messages.
I so donot know what to do.
Help please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-microsoft-works.420291/
Relevancy 49.45%

Microsoft Edge would pop up and then close I searched all over the net for the solution http superuser com questions -edge-browser from link quot I had faced similar issues with the edge browser It disappeared one day There was no way to manually Reinstalling Edge Microsoft launch the edge browser Today I was able to fix it Reinstalling Microsoft Edge First we need to delete the corrupt Reinstalling Microsoft Edge edge folder The path gt C Users username AppData Local Packages Microsoft MicrosoftEdge wekyb d bbwe Delete the quot Microsoft MicrosoftEdge wekyb d bbwe quot Folder You may not able to delete the folder itself and Reinstalling Microsoft Edge or files but it does'nt matter Select the folder Hit Delete Then if it asks for admin privileges Just hit skip and then ok Restart the computer Then Launch Powershell as administrator and run the following command Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft MicrosoftEdge Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot -Verbose Hit enter and once the command is executed Quit powershell and restart the computer to complete the process The edge browser will be back and running in all its glory Please find below the link to the site that has step by step instruction to reinstall the edge browser http www techtantri com how-to-rei -edge-browser quot Now Microsoft Edge works

A:Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

Frustration is a mild word for what I'm dealing with! Upgraded from W7 but Edge cannot access the web or even search the web as Start Menu does not recognise that I'm actually connected. Error code 0x80072EFD when trying to access the store as well. Most of the Metro apps can't connect. The weather app defaults to Ottawa. (I live in Westlock, Alberta Canada). The "Contact Support" app tells me "something went wrong on our end try again later" Later being a euphemism for "no, don't even try". Surprisingly, Maps works to a degree. What the heck is it connecting to if the other metro apps can't connect? Huh? WTF. Been scrolling down the "all apps" and trying each one so bear with me Money; service not currently available try again later, News; same, OneDrive; seems to work but I don't use it, Online Services; tells me I'm connected! People app; couldn't find any contacts. Search can't connect right now but you can still search your stuff. (thanks so much Search), Skype; seems to work..... basically anything that connects through Edge doesn't work. I have tried making my network "private" but there's no option to do so in settings because my system doesn't "know" that I'm actually connected to a network. Even changing to "private" through the registry doesn't help! Speaking of which, Help!
trembuzz

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/22648-reinstalling-microsoft-edge.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All,

I am working on this problem for a month now and still not getting there.

Some background.
My PC was three years old and getting slower by the day. So I decided to reinstall Win 7. After reinstalling I could not connect it to my HDMI TV. No sound and no music. I called the helpdesk and they said I should reinstall the mother board. I did that and still the display screen shows that only one screen is available (see attachment).

Please help. Thanks,
Naveen

A:Cannot connect to TV after reinstalling W7 and motherboard

Naveen what is in your Device Manager?? see my pic

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/334661-cannot-connect-tv-after-reinstalling-w7-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi
i want to reinstall my microsoft office 2010 but it tells me setup cannot modify the file C:\programdata\microsoft\ windows\start menu\programs\microsoft office 2010 tools\microsoft office picture manager.lnk. verify that the file exists in your system and that you have a sufficient permissions to update it?

A:reinstalling microsoft office 2010

hello,

Are you logged in as administrator?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474273/reinstalling-microsoft-office-2010/
Relevancy 48.59%

I accidentally uninstalled office on my computer. It was the upgrade to Microsoft 10 Office, not thinking when I deleted that I completely deleted all my office programs. How can I reinstall Windows 7 I have a product key sticker, where office was installed on my computer when I received it. I just do not know how to use it to get Microsoft Office 2007 back. Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-help-reinstalling-Windows-7-Microsoft-Office/td-p/5700407
Relevancy 48.59%

I followed the advice of the sticky above and with my "refreshed" XP Home Installation on my Dell Desktop, I can't connect to the Internet. The "find a connection" Wizard seems to want to find a dial-up connection and nothing in the way of broadband. I use a Linksys Wireless G PCI Adapter card. The reinstallation did not wipe out any documents or user created files, so am wondering if there is a place in the old Windows files that I can use to get my old connection?

A:Unable to connect to Wireless after Reinstalling XP

Right-click MY COMPUTER, click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in Network Adapters. What's listed there?

Is there a heading with the name Other Devices or Unknown Devices? If there is, click the + and advise what's listed there.

What's the "service tag number" of your Dell?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-after-reinstalling-xp.870700/
Relevancy 48.16%

I reinstalled Windows 7 and now want to reinstall Microsoft Office (2010).

I originally purchased the 3 copy version of the product but do not want to use a 2nd copy to reinstall on the same computer it was originally working on (prior to the Windows 7 reinstallation).

How do I reinstall the original such that I keep my other 2 copies available for other computers?

Thanks.

A:How to reinstall Microsoft Office after reinstalling Windows 7

If it's on the same machine, you probably wouldn't use up one of the other two copies if you reinstall. If you do, however, I wouldn't worry about it. If you can't authorize the third copy when you go to do so, just call M$ (the program will tell you who to call) and tell them you have Office installed on only two other computers. They may need to deauthorize the existing installations but it's no big deal to reauthorize them. I've done this a couple of times with my copy of Office 2007; it's been installed on five different computers although no more than two at one time. I gave it to a friend when I got Office 2010 for use on her son's computer (it's the same version her son's school uses) and he had no trouble installing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/282583-how-reinstall-microsoft-office-after-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I don't know what I did, but I no longer have Word or Microsoft Words 7.0 or Microsoft Publisher on my computer.
These are the disks I have:

Microsoft Works Suite > 5 disks and MS Office XP and another one called Office XP Small business.
Can anyone tell me (step by step and easy for a dum-dum to understand) how to reinstall?

When I look in add/remove programs from the Control panel, MS Works 7.0 is gone as is Word 2002 as is Publisher. All the others in the Suite are there.
When I click on the desk top shortcuts or from the start menu, I get this popping up (see attachment) for Word and Publisher.

Thanks in advance

Carolyn

If this is in the wrong section, Moderators, please move it for me

Relevancy 47.73%

If a person has apps from the Microsoft store, do they have to be repurchased if you reinstall Windows 8 or are they like Apple's App Store where there is no cost to reinstall?

A:Microsoft store apps question on reinstalling Windows 8

Hello mwhals,

You will be able to reinstall your apps again from Your apps in the Store without having to repurchase them. Option One in the tutorial below can help show you how to if you like.

Apps - Install Metro Apps from Windows 8 Store

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13300-microsoft-store-apps-question-reinstalling-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had to reinstall WXP Pro last month or so, and Microsoft gave me a key to my WXP Pro disk. Well, today I had to reinstall it and the product key is invalid, How can that be when it worked before?
So, I called Microsoft and talked to little india, and a us person. No one wants to help and told me I wrote it down wrong. They even had my name and email address. But they wouldnt give me the product key.
Now what?
I have tried different letters/numbers in case it was wrong, but nothing.

A:WXP lost video, reinstalling disk with Microsoft key and its invalid now?

I do aplogize that Microsoft would not give you a product ID key for their windows but the problem is that neither can we. We have no way of legally helping you in this instance, and the only way that you are going to get this fixed is to purchase a brand new windows xp pro and install it then enter the product ID key.

I am sorry but that is the rule here and I am inclluding a link to the rules for your reference:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wxp-lost-video-reinstalling-disk-with-microsoft-key-and-its-invalid-now-279003.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Sorry I accidentally posted this in Simulator Uninstalling Flight Problem X Reinstalling Microsoft Then the news groups as well I didn't realize there were two gaming forums I don't understand the difference I posted in that one because I found it first from a Google search Sorry for the repeat Hello folks I'm new here I'll Problem Uninstalling Then Reinstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator X try to keep this short and sweet On my machine which is Vista business about half of my games don't show up in my programs uninstall program in control panel the programs list under the start button nor do they ask to put a desktop shortcut up I have to do that manually The games run fine but the machine doesn't recognize them as being installed I guess fully Well I had Problem Uninstalling Then Reinstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator X to uninstall FSX Deluxe acceleration because I was having some errors No big deal happens to games sometimes Do it in my other ones all the time Well being it wasn't in the control panel I couldn't uninstall it or so I thought I never knew I could put the disk in to uninstall it Found that out later Anyway I just deleted the folder and did a regedit search for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Simulator X and FSX and deleted them all and researched for them several times to make sure they are gone Did a virus scan with Symantec and degragged the drive and restarted the computer and unplugged it Now when I reinstall it won't even have an option to reinstall It has remove or repair and it won't let me do either Please your help is MUCH appreciated Thanks in advance Jason

A:Problem Uninstalling Then Reinstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator X

It's okay that you posted it in the newsgroups, that's a different forum. This one is specifically for the Vistax64 forums while the other one is a public MS forum on another site, and it's just been integrated into here for convenience.

Now, I don't know what to say about the programs not being listed in "Programs and Features" in the control panel. Some games do not ask to put a Desktop icon and may or may not do it automatically. Also, some games have a tick box that asks if you want program shortcuts in your Start menu, maybe you missed those as your were pressing Next during the install.

On the reinstall issue, my guess is that you deleted some entries in the registry that should not have been deleted. Your best bet here would be to do a System Restore to a point before you started messing with the registry.
Note (this is to everyone): While you may want your registry to be as clean and as tidy as possible by deleting all previous game and program entries yourself, it is usually never a good idea. Ever... unless you know exactly what you are deleting. "But it say [insert name of game here] in the registry and i uninstalled it ages ago." It doesn't matter, you will usually do more harm than good. If you must, use a good, known, recommended registry cleaner to clean your registry and leave it at that.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/162356-problem-uninstalling-then-reinstalling-microsoft-flight-simulator-x.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anybody know how to get a activation key from a computer? A client lost their associated email to their office key. Any one know how to recover a key from a computer? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592234/microsoft-office-2013-reinstalling-without-email;-recovering-key/
Relevancy 47.73%

After having problem with the operating system (windows 10) in my laptop i decide to restore the windows 10.But after restoring the windows 10 the microsoft office was lost. I contact with microsoft community and after putting the product key to download Microsoft office 10 they sent me this message ''The product key you entered appears to be for software preinstalled by the manufacturer of the device. Contact the manufacturer of the device for software recovery options''. How can i reintall the office in my laptop. Can you help me?Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Reinstalling-Microsoft-Office-2010-Start-Pack/td-p/5741619
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I recently uninstalled Chrome because of malware constant pop ups and redirects After I managed to reinstall it it would not connect to internet It says Unable to connect to the proxy server Firefox and Explore can connect with no problems I ran the AdwCleaner and JunkRemoval programs recommended on another post Chrome it because wont Malware connect of after to Uninstalled and reinstalling Here are the logs AdwCleaner size AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at size Updated by Xplode size Database - - Server size Operating system Windows Home Premium Uninstalled Chrome because of Malware and after reinstalling it wont connect to Service Pack x size Username James - JAMES-LAPTOP size Running from C Users James Downloads AdwCleaner exe size Option Cleaning size Services size Files Folders size Folder Deleted C ProgramData AVG Secure Search size Folder Deleted C ProgramData ParetoLogic size Folder Deleted C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search size Folder Deleted C Program Files x Common Files ParetoLogic size Folder Deleted C Users James AppData Roaming ParetoLogic size File Deleted C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox browser searchplugins yahoo xml size Scheduled tasks size Shortcuts size Registry size Value Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Mozilla Firefox Extensions Avg toolbar size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes S size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes ScriptHelper ScriptHelperApi size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes ScriptHelper ScriptHelperApi size Value Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run vProt size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE MozillaPlugins avg com AVG SiteSafety plugin version application x-avg-sitesafety-plugin size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes uus url-pl size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID B E -E B - AD -B - AC AE size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface C D CE-DC - C -BC C- E EA F D size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib C AC A E-E E- B-A C-C A FAAB size Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats B C- C F- BF -B - A size Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Settings B C- C F- BF -B - A size Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface C D CE-DC - C -BC C- E EA F D size Key Deleted HKCU Software ParetoLogic size Key Deleted HKCU Software Avg Secure Update size Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE ParetoLogic size Key Deleted HKU DEFAULT Software Avg Secure Update size Data Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride - size Data Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxySettingsPerUser - size Web browsers size - Internet Explorer v size - Mozilla Firefox v x en-US size size AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - size AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - size AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - size AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - size EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes size Junk removal size Junkware Removal Tool JRT by Malwarebytes size Version size OS Windows Home Premium x size Ran by James on Sun at size size Services size Successfully deleted Service Update Mgr RollAround Reboot required size Successfully deleted Service vToolbarUpdater Reboot required size Tasks size Failed to delete Task C windows system tasks ParetoLogic Update Version size Successfully deleted Task C windows system tasks ParetoLogic Registration size Successfully deleted Task C windows system tasks ParetoLogic Update Version Startup Task size Successfully deleted Task C windows Tasks ParetoLogic Registration job size Successfully deleted Task C windows Tasks ParetoLogic Update Version Startup Task job size Successfully deleted Task C windows Tasks ParetoLogic Update Version job size Registry Values size Successfully repaired Registry Value HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page size Successfully repaired Registry Value HKEY USERS DEFAULT Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page size Successfully repaired Registry Value HKEY USERS S- - - Software ... Read more

A:Uninstalled Chrome because of Malware and after reinstalling it wont connect to

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585881/uninstalled-chrome-because-of-malware-and-after-reinstalling-it-wont-connect-to/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey,
I've formatted my computer(Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit), then I downloaded my wireless adapter driver from my manufacturer's website, installed it and tried to join my home network but it couldn't connect it(or my neighbor's network, which I could access before formatting the computer).
Is there any solution?

Relevancy 47.3%

I office Problems Microsoft 2010 student home and reinstalling wonder if somebody could help me please as I am tearing my hair out I purchased Microsoft office Home and Student when I purchased my laptop This was installed by the company who sold me the laptop I have just had to Problems reinstalling Microsoft office home and student 2010 factory restore my laptop because of problems but before I did I obtained the digit key by running Bellarc I have tried to re-install my package but get the message that my key code is not eligible for a free download - this was using Microsoft s own site I have spoken to Microsoft but to be honest the lady could hardly speak English and all she told me to do was reset my password which I did not have as I had not installed the original package I have tried to download Openoffice as a quick fix but there appears to be a problem with that too as I can download it but not actually install it I really want my Microsoft package back - any ideas Thank you nbsp

A:Problems reinstalling Microsoft office home and student 2010

Because you bought Office with the machine, then the company must provide all support this copy.
Contact them!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-reinstalling-microsoft-office-home-and-student-2010.1124679/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm planning to reinstall windows 10 and I know that it will remove Windows updates etc. Will it also remove Microsoft Office 2016 updates? Thanks

A:Will Reinstalling Windows 10 affect Microsoft Office 2016 updates?

That depends on how you plan on reinstalling Windows 10.

Do it this way and you lose everything, including all your data files and Office 2016 completely, including updates. You will have to reinstall everything:
Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Do it this way, and you only refresh Windows 10 itself and nothing else should be affected, including Office 2016:
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/52566-will-reinstalling-windows-10-affect-microsoft-office-2016-updates.html
Relevancy 46.87%

If I were to reboot my computer to factory settings, would I be able to install my Microsoft Word 2007 back on to my computer? I ask this because I know Microsoft doesn't allow you to burn the CDs or put them on multiple computers. Is there anyway that I would be able to put the program back on to the same computer after a resetting of the computer?

A:Reinstalling Microsoft Office 2007 after rebooting computer to factory settings

I don't know if they have tightened up the licencing on the 2007 Office, but I have loaded and reloaded 2003 Office into an assortment of PC's and a laptop as they died, were replaced or reloaded. I don't think you will have any problem reinstalling it in the same machine. MS support will sort it out for you if you do have a problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332093/reinstalling-microsoft-office-2007-after-rebooting-computer-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me push the reset button and I was able to connect to the internet again. I mentioned how slow it takes for pages to load. She said if I have two firewalls running that can happen, then eventually it blocks your internet connection. I have the free Avira and am only using the Windows Firewall. She said the Verizon router has a firewall but it's a low security. So I went on the internet was able to get on some sites, but then others wouldn't connect again, said there is no internet connection. All the lights on the router are on. So far it's still working, but this is what happened before when I lost my connection completely.

I have Windows XP, tried it both on IE 8 and Firefox. The router is an Actiontec MI42WR. The problem was with both my desktop and laptop wired connections.

Relevancy 43.43%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 43.43%

On my old laptop,i have a second partition running WinXp as a backup OS. After reinstalling it, i can not connect to the web.

A:No Internet after reinstalling Windows XP

"After reinstalling it, i can not connect to the web"You have to download or get off the CD that came with it, the motherboard drivers.Let me know if you have them or the motherboard model.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/no-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-xp/203298.html
Relevancy 43.43%

After Reinstalling XP I cannot surf the internet. I beleive there is a registrey file I have to delete because I had service pack 1. please tell me how to fix this..

Relevancy 43.43%

First off I don't know a lot about computers. I have an old Dell Deminson 4550 desktop computer. I reinstalled windows xp on it from the cd. Turns out I am missing the cd that you use to reinstall the drivers. Would I need this to establish an internet connection? I hooked up the modem and router, and I can get internet on my laptop but not the desktop. If it is working on the laptop shouldn't I be able to get it to work on the desktop or do I need to wait till I get the disk with the drivers and utilities on it? Thanks in advance for any help. Angel

A:Internet won't work after reinstalling xp

Go here and enter the requested info. This should lead you to all the need`d drivers for your PC. No need to order or wait for a disk. Unless of course they send it free. In that case it will be nice to have for back-up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258776/internet-wont-work-after-reinstalling-xp/
Relevancy 43.43%

The other week my Dell Latitude D laptop contracted some sort of problem and the internet started to run very slowly It took over an hour to No reinstalling wireless after internet load one site The rest of the computer soon followed so I just decided to reinstall windows I reinstalled windows XP but when I was done I could not get any internet No wireless internet after reinstalling at No wireless internet after reinstalling all It wouldn t even connect when I plugged it in to a cable It just didn t recognize that the internet was actually a thing or something Frustrated I instead installed windows vista on it Now it gets internet if I plug it in just fine but it won t detect any wireless networks But at least now it lets me try It just doesn t recognize any In the device manager the network controller has the yellow exclamation mark on it and it says the drivers for it are not installed While plugged in I tried to get it to find the drivers it needed through the internet but it didn t find any Now I don t know where or how to find the drivers it needs or how to install them I ll need the wireless for school on the th and time is running out Thank you for whoever can help nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

So, everytime I open internet explorer 7, it gives me the "windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" window. I've been using an aol browser for a while, but i want the IE back. So I saved the files on my computer from Microsofts site, but I'm wondering what is the best way to reinstall it without messing up any internet dependant programs. Do I remove the one on the computer first? Will that cause problems with AIM? Thanks for any help.

A:Reinstalling Internet Explorer

Hi pollo_5_21230,Try the steps to resolve this problem in the Micro$oft KB article; Internet Explorer 7 does not start or stops responding.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97019/reinstalling-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 43.43%

Is there a possible way of reinstalling my Internet Explorer to fix up the bugs in it???

A:Reinstalling Internet Explorer??

do you have the Operating System on CD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-internet-explorer.452652/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 43.43%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone.

I would like to connect to the internet using my Linksys WRT54GS 1.1 router. However, even after I reset the router by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds, and plug the ethernet from the cable modem to the router, I can get only to the 192.168.1.1 (Setup) page, not to any internet.

The same cord and cable modem work with my Airport Express, but I want my WRT54GS router to connect wired to the modem, so I can use my AirPort to extend the network (i.e. I want two hotspots).

Any help?

A:Cannot connect to internet with Linksys WRT54GS; can connect with AirPort Express

What is the brand and model of your cable modem?

If it is a modem only you need to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) it when switching the device connected to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-with-linksys-wrt54gs-can-connect-with-airport-express.945248/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello guys I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things Unfortunately I am having problems connecting to the internet I have a temporary dongle in place and because it's my only option for about a month I kinda need it to work When I first connected it I found my connection "Windows this to connect internet was to netwo connect Can't unable to and I successfully connected I downloaded Google Chrome and Steam then unfortunately it randomly stopped working Where the strength bar should of been there was a large red cross when I found my connection it read quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I Googled this and people said delete your connection and reconnect that didn't work so then I tried to set my Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo security type to something different or off as recommended in a solved post the problem persisted Now after restarting my computer several times it sometimes rejects my password or comes up with the quot the settings for the network quot and on rare occasions it connects then minutes later comes up wit my original problem I have tried resetting my connection details as what is saved on my laptop and mac and they don't work either Any help greatly appreciated Regards Lee

A:Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo

Try removing profiles after you remove the device with Device manager and letting windows detect it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263667-cant-connect-internet-windows-unable-connect-netwo.html
Relevancy 43%

While I was trying to resolve issues with windows updater I tried different online tips and seemed to have messed up my user permission settings I did a system restore and I am still having some problems The only way I can go on the internet is to install a browser such as seamonkey by run as administrator As long as I don't close the reinstalling brower on a as internet get only admistrator by Can browser I can browse the internet normally but as soon as I close the browser I can't get the browser to open again I get a message that says a seamonkey is Can only get on internet by reinstalling a brower as admistrator already running I then have to reinstall the seamonkey browser again I can' Can only get on internet by reinstalling a brower as admistrator t just do it as the master account I have to click on run as administrator Internet explorer does not load either My system restore took more than and half hours Other settings are still messed up but at this point I just want to use the internet until I can either take this to a repair shop or buy a new computer

A:Can only get on internet by reinstalling a brower as admistrator

I never had a System Restore take that long to complete. It's not necessary to reinstall seamonkey if you get a warning saying it's still running. You can bring up Task Manager with Ctrl +  Alt + Del and under the processes tab kill the seamonkey process. Then try opening seamonkey again.

Sometimes in cases like this it's best to cut your loses and do a factory reset after backing up all your personal data if the recovery partition is still intact. All your programs installed after purchased or programs you purchased licenses for would need to be reinstalled. Is this something you would consider doing? 

What is the make and model of the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623798/can-only-get-on-internet-by-reinstalling-a-brower-as-admistrator/
Relevancy 43%

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 because i had a really bad virus that grew and took over my computer.since I have reinstalled windows my internet connection is a wireless netgear WG111v3.The signal is strong but the transmit/receive performance is practically nothing so I cant even download flashplayer etc it just gets timed out.It also takes forever to open a site.before the virus/reinstalling my speed was excellent so I dont know why its changed now.

Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, my computer was running slow recently and i decided to reinstall windows 7 64 bit on it. I bought this custom built desktop from a small computer store, and it didnt come with a reinstall disk or anything like that, just the computer. I downloaded a OEM win7 64 bit ultimate disk and installed it onto my computer. Everything went fine and booted up, but i do not have internet access. Theres no wireless icon, and the lan icon says "not connected no connections are available." I included two pictures to help you see my problem.

A:No wireless internet after reinstalling win7

looks like it has not got a WIFI Card,you will need an ethernet cable to access the internet,use another PC and download these drivers for the lan from here.http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=99202&t=0&i=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-internet-after-reinstalling-win7.1092580/
Relevancy 43%

I recently reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows xp media center edition (which is what came pre installed on my dell computer).

Now, I cant access the internet using my roadrunner connection. I tried messing with the settings in Ineternet explorer, such as setting lan connection to auto detect, but nothing has worked. It seems as if windows just isnt recognizing the connection. I know the connection does work becuase my laptop has no problems with it, and the dell computer had no problems with it until the reinstallation.

When I reformatted my hard drive, i completely deallocated all memory and partitioned the lot of it into one drive. Have I erased some essential drivers that came installed on the pc that allows me to access the internet?

thanks in advance :)

A:cant access the internet after reinstalling windows

Hello mehonz,

You most likely need to reinstall the drivers. You may have a disc labeled "Drivers and Utilities". If not then you can download the proper drivers from the Dell website.

Open Device Manager and see what entries have ?'s or !'s beside them.
Also what model number is your Dell?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-the-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-289983.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 w/windows xp media center edition. After unstalling my Hp printer, i got an error message. I shut down and windows would not restart. I tried safe mode - nothing. So after trying for hours, I reinstaled windows XP using the CD that came with the PC. Now I'm having trouble reestablishing my internet connection, I get a screen that reads:
1 choose from a list of ISPs
2 set up connection manually
3 use Cd I got from tne ISP

I clicked 2,because I have broadband. and my other computer which is conected via a router to this one works just fine. In the end I get a message that reads: cannot find server or DNS error
Help !

Relevancy 43%

I just recently reinstalled windows xp professional because it was getting really messed up I installed it properly and now the USB ports reinstalling Windows XP not after working Internet nor the Internet is working Which means i have no mouse and no USB and no internet I dont know how to get the internet to work I m running Compaq Presario SR NX When i open Device Managers the following things have a Yellow Sign Internet not working after reinstalling Windows XP next to them Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC PCI Modem Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller STandard OpenHCD USB Host Controller I installed the Ethernet driver already from here http download cnet com Realtek-RTL -Family-PCI-Fast-Ethernet-NIC - - html But it didnt seem to work Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks EDIT I just want to add that when i try to isntall the Chipset Driver it says Internet not working after reinstalling Windows XP that it is already on the computer and after i overwrite that it says quot The original drivers are stored in the C HP Drivers Chipsetfolder Please install the driver through the Device Manager quot Also i am running XP Pro SP x

A:Internet not working after reinstalling Windows XP

How did you install the operating system, from a retail disc, Compaq disc, restore partition?

If you used a disc, did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482927/internet-not-working-after-reinstalling-windows-xp/
Relevancy 43%

Hey...

I was looking for a way to reinstall Internet Explorer Service Pack 2, but the only way I found was to reinstall the whole Service Pack 2. Does anyone might have any better suggestions, or is it impossible and I should just reinstall SP2?

Thanks in advance.

A:Is it possible to reinstall Internet Explorer SP2, without reinstalling SP2?

Explorer is Explorer - Service Pack 2 is something else. Do you mean that you want to reinstall the browser without SP2? Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-reinstall-internet-explorer-sp2-without-reinstalling-sp2.463599/
Relevancy 43%

Almost as soon as Windows finishes starting up, I receive the following error message: "This page is not available offline. Please click Connect to view this page." Why am I receiving this error message when I haven't even opened Internet Explorer? Is there a way I can uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer so as to possibly stop receiving this error message (which, by the way, continually reappears, no matter how many times I close it). The computer in question uses Windows XP and I believe Internet Explorer 6.0. Thanks in advance to whoever helps.

A:Removing/reinstalling Internet Explorer

This could be caused by malware such as a browser hijacker. The program in the link below should find it if that is the problem.http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78077/removingreinstalling-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 43%

My browser is IE Window XP Home with SP Sony VAIO Desktop PCV-RS Pentium- Ghz MB Ram I am now unable to connect to the Internet The network diagnostic for window XP kept saying to check firewall settings for HTTP port HTTPS port and FTP port I don't know how to do that I open the Window firewall settings Internet HTTPS connect Explorer to not but HTTP, will connect will to on the Security Center page Exception tab it lists programs and services on the Exception ie to not block incoming network connection from these programs or services which include Internet Explorer on the list which seems Internet Explorer will not connect to HTTP, but will connect to HTTPS to be appropriate But my computer still will not connect to the Internet--very frustrating I have done System Restore a few times to an earlier dates thinking maybe the computer picked up some virus and the System restore function should temporarily resolve that issue But still no luck Finally I tried connecting to a secured website with HTTPS in the address bar and the computer appeared to be successful to connect to these HTTPS sites but it continued to refuse to connect to a regular website i e with HTTP in its address bar Please help me resove these internet connection issues I would vey much appreciate

A:Internet Explorer will not connect to HTTP, but will connect to HTTPS

<<My browser is IE8. Window XP Home with SP2...>>

May have nothing to do with your problem...but you really need to install SP3 and all critical updates since its issuance...that may take care of your problem, but even if it doesn't...your system will be less vulnerable.

Installing or reinstalling SP3... has been known to overcome various previous system problems.

Sounds to me like corruption affecting non-secure websites, so you may also want to reinstall IE8.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493468/internet-explorer-will-not-connect-to-http-but-will-connect-to-https/
Relevancy 43%

I bought a new Dell computer and then got another brand new dell that they replaced for free because they thought something was wrong with it I returned that one and bought a brand new HP that i still have currently all have had Windows VISTA connect the that 3rd to computer internet, NEW Can't connect! work HELP! BRAND After being on the phone for hours and hours with Microsoft Comcast and Dell there still hasnt been anyone that can resolve the issues I have a Motorola modem thats connect by ethernet cable to a D-Link wireless router but is only used as a medium to connect multiple computers to that motorola router through ethernet cables The connection is good given that i'm typing from my old computer with Windows XP Plug and play and Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! the internet works no issues Can this be an issue with the Modem or D-link router Ethenet Cable I can not think of anything else and with the Dell computer s microsoft and dell tried everything physically possible to try to un-install Vista do this and do that with everything Comcast did say that all their modems are Vista friendly and i even tried directly plugging the ethernet cable from the modem to the computer bypassing the router and that didnt work Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! One comment that was made was that i had a bad IP address which they tried to fix and that didnt work either Please someone help me Or im going to have to go Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! with a brand new computer that has XP and not Vista THANKS

A:Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP!

anyone?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202027-cant-connect-internet-3rd-brand-new-computer-work-connect-help.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I just got my Netgear router WGR614 v6. I was able to initally access http://192.168.0.1 to finish setup. Setup was successful but then whenever I started my IE, intead of loading my homepage, it will only load the Netgear login page while displaying my default homepage's address. But it has no problem connection to any other website.

So I restarted my laptop and reset my modem and router. After that,
I can no longer connect to http://192.168.0.1. The IE only displays this Dell page: http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk-rel/afe?hl=en&channel=us&s=http://192.168.0.1/
stating "Sorry, we couldn't find http://192.168.0.1/. "

I'd like to know How can I connect to http://192.168.0.1/ again because as soon as I unplug the cable from my router to the laptop, I lose internet connection.

Please help. Thanks much in advance!

A:Netgear router: Can connect to Internet, but can't connect to http://192.168.0.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-can-connect-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to-http-192-168-0-1.608785/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have an acer aspire windows vista bit operating system I recently got a new modem router it s apparently in from rogers and I cannot connect to connect cannot modem. connect I internet can only using to connection' new 'local the internet When I attempt to connect i can only connect to the quot local quot connection Everyone else in my family can connect via wireless and I can only connect if i use an ethernet cable which is directly connected to my laptop When i typed in ipconfig all on the command prompt cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' this is what pops up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vlan phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' Address fe e d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I am grateful for anyone who can provide me with some insight on how to solve this problem thanks in advance for anyone who replies ps If there is nothing I can do and its a problem with my old laptop friend told me its too old please tell me so I can look for a new laptop nbsp

A:cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection'

Atheros AR5007EG Click to expand...

this is a problem adapter on vista whenever a change is made

Have a read through the following - the most common fix is the driver update - from the manufacturers website or from the atheros website

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-new-modem-i-can-only-connect-local-connection.1084927/
Relevancy 43%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 43%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone I have three computers connected wirelessly to the same router Two of them are working perfectly and are able to connect to the router via One of them cannot It can t connect to or to any page on the internet Internet Explorer comes up with the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Firefox gives a similar message Here is the info that I got with ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name President-Eden Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed connect Laptop to too to Unable Solved: internet. cannot connect to 10.1.1.1. IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f b Preferred Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-E - - - - B- A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - B- A- - DHCP Enabled Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ADEE- B - F F- E-C B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA-CDDA- -AAEE-C E E br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes suggestions anyone thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cannot-connect-to-internet-unable-to-connect-to-10-1-1-1-too.892711/
Relevancy 43%

I have just rebuilt a laptop for a friend. I downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless connection from Acer website. They have installed correctly.

I can connect the laptop to the router by wireless and I can browse the local network and see the other PC's BUT the internet is shown as not connected. Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Other wireless devices (iPad for instance connect to the internet fine).

I have re-booted the router.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet but can connect to router.

Same with an ethernet connection?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-but-can-connect-to-router.1106274/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to use limewire, couterstrike, bitcomet etc, but nothing apart from firefox/I.E. and windows live messenger can connect to MY internet. everything workd perfectly on my neighbours internet, when accessed from my own laptop. Please help me. Thanks.

A:No apps connect to MY internet, but connect fine on my neighbours net?

Try checking out your router setup it may be blocking those programs. You may need to login to the router and "enable" the programs as I notice they are P2P programs and quite often you have to permit their use. Try googling for "enabling p2p on my xxxx router" where xxxx is the make / model number

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115885-no-apps-connect-my-internet-but-connect-fine-my-neighbours-net.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I haven't been around for a while so it's good to see the site drivers Reinstalling Windows wiped internet still here for those of us in need I was recently having problems with windows hanging and freezing in my other laptop a Dell Vostro and so I reinstalled Windows Now I cannot connect to the internet A tech from my wireless provider told me that the internet drivers were gone but I found them in the Windows folder labeled 'network' In that folder there were three folders labeled RX KRXNR and YN In the first was a folder labeled 'wlan' and a subfolder labeled Reinstalling Windows wiped internet drivers 'drivers' so I suppose that was for using a hardwired connection In the second was a folder labeled ndis xWin with subfolders beginning with 'athr ' and I thought that was for the wireless internet In the third was a folder labeled 'RIS' and I've no idea what that was for But the point is that these files were there and I was wondering how to get them to function so that I can again connect to the net Thanks in Reinstalling Windows wiped internet drivers advance for any advice you can give

A:Reinstalling Windows wiped internet drivers

Hi PGHinBKK Are you trying to install drivers for your Ethernet Controller (wired) or Network Controller (wireless)? Also, what's the full path to that folder called "network"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583281/reinstalling-windows-wiped-internet-drivers/
Relevancy 42.57%

After a virus problem I reinstalled windows XP on my PC. The Virus has gone but I now cannot get access to the Internet. I spoke to my ISP provider (BT Yahoo) who informed me that i don't have the drivers I need
namely Ethernet Controller, PCI device and Video Controller. Can someone help me with how and where I get these from. I have a Dell computer and my Broadband access to the internet is normally through a BT home hub.
In addition to this I now have no sound coming through my speakers and I am told I need a sound card. Before my reinstallation speakers were working fine. So I really dont understand!! Please help me if you can

A:Access to Internet denied after reinstalling Windows XP

http://support.euro.dell.com/support...=ukdhs1&~ck=mn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-to-internet-denied-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-316355.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there. I recently reinstalled windows XP on my Advent T9204 Desktop PC. Now I have a problem getting my Creatix 405 Wireless Network Card to show up, and I am unable to link to the internet. Is there anybody who can help me?

Thankyou

Graham

A:Problem connecting to the internet after reinstalling windows Xp

Welcome to TSG!!

I guess the obvious question would be: Did you install all of the device drivers? Chipset, NIC, wireless NIC, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-the-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-xp.870100/
Relevancy 42.57%

After experiencing some problems with stable connectivity, I went into device manager and selected to uninstall the driver for my Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter. After rebooting, I selected the option to automatically update the driver. After all this, I keep getting "Not connected- No connections are available".

1. It's not the router. (The internet is working)
2. Already tried to do system restore. (System restore can't access a certain file and won't let me).
3. Already tried Roll Back Driver.
4. Another weird thing is that when looking at the status of the network connection, it states that the speed is 412.3 Gbps. Despite this speed being ridiculous and it not being connected to anything.
5. Trust me, it's not the router.

Hopefully somebody can help me out!

A:No internet access after reinstalling wireless drivers.

Please try updating your atheros wireles card drivers from the computer manufacturer's website as device manager is unreliable for finding updated drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232880-no-internet-access-after-reinstalling-wireless-drivers.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone.

I have a desktop PC that connects to the internet with an ethernet cable through charter dsl. I have my friends dell laptop here and need to connect to the internet but when I take the plug out of my ethernet and put it into the back of the laptop it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. Does anyone know how I can setup the laptop to allow me to connect to the internet using my dsl connection? I only need it to do it for right now.

A:Setup Laptop to connect to internet using dsl connect

IS the DSL box limiting MAC addresses of computers that can connect?
If so you need to add friend's MAC address.
After connecting the laptop did you reboot?
Chances are it will automatically sort itself out after the reboot.
If not, open Network connections Start > Settings > Network Connections,
Fnd the connection that you think should work (the same as on your computer),
Click Properties,
On General tab look for one of the last items, "Internet protocol TCP/IP"
Click on it
Click Properties
It might have a fixed IP address, so change it to Obtain IP automatically
Do the same for the DNS, or do whatever is on your computer.
OK few times and wait a bit. It might work.
If not, post some detail so that someone can help.

You can also post information from ipconfig:
Start > Run, type cmd
on the black screen type ipconfig /all and hit enter
copy the text and paste here

Finally, in the same cmd window try this
ipconfig /release
it will clear the current IP and make it 0.0.0.0
then type ipconfig /renew
in order to get a new IP. I don't think it will work if your earlier attempts failed though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247821/setup-laptop-to-connect-to-internet-using-dsl-connect/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 42.14%

I feel bad for starting a new thread on the subject but I looked through a bunch of the other wireless to :( connect router internet Can cannot BUT to connect threads and I couldn't find a solution I am on a Dell Laptop Latitude D And I'm running Windows XP Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Ver Service Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Pack My ISP is Speedlink Cable We are using an SMC modem router SMC WN My roommate can connect to wirelessly and I can connect with a hard wire connection I also can connect to the router full speed but I get limited or no connectivity to the internet I connect to the wireless via a 'NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter' using the NETGEAR SMART WIZARD - Wireless Assistant WG v When I run IPCONFIG ALL the output is Windows IP Configuration Host Name GOAT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Physical Address - D- -DC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - F- - - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So I will be extremely grateful for any help towards solving this problem Thanks Sean

A:Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :(

Try putting static IP addresses in to your wireless network connection.
By the looks of it it seems your wireless connection cannot get an IP address automatically via DHCP.

Let me know if this works or you need help doing this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-wireless-router-but-cannot-connect-to-internet-504408.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Vista laptop has always connected the home network without a problem. Suddenly it cannot see any of the other computers. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling network cards, checking all the networking settings, etc. I even went to an earlier restore point.

I did a search on this website and tried to follow these directions:

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL - select all and enter

However, it just rapidly scrolled the cmd box and closed.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 42.14%

I have just got an xbox and i am trying to connect it to the internet. I am trying to use my laptop to bridge the connections. When i make a network bridge the message comes up with 'connected with limited access'. I then can't connect to the internet on my laptop or xbox. Can someone help me please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-internet-says-connect-with-limited-access-only-295111.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
My internet settings are set to automatically connect to available wireless networks, specifically my saved home wireless network. However, my computer will never automatically connect to the internet, I always have to open my wireless networks and manually connect to the network. Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you,
Bobs

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3031 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 192169 MB, Free - 106285 MB; D: Total - 31193 MB, Free - 24785 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, JITR1, REFERENCE, CBU0024962
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:Can't automatically connect to Internet, always need to manually connect

just maybe its something simple go back and check everything like your ssid when you entered it in be sure that you have it correctly entered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-automatically-connect-to-internet-always-need-to-manually-connect.981201/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

A:Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.
Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.
Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.960206/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 42.14%

I could really use some help. I've tried so many things and I'm under so much stress I'm near to tears with this. I really don't know what to do. If you have the time please help me.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-laptop-would-connect-to-lan-but-not-the-internet-i-did-everything-now-it-wont-connect-to-lan.63944/
Relevancy 42.14%

So most of my family works on laptops but i have one old desktop that i haven t turned on in a while but now I need to get it back connected to the internet for a bit I have a network cable to connect connect to WILL computer network, Old WON'T internet running to it most Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet of my comps run on wireless but this one doesn t have a wireless card and it connects to the network but gives me the quot limited to no activity quot message Last time I turned it off a few months ago it worked fine Troubleshooting so far after rebooting powercycling everything of course connected the network cable to my laptop after disconnecting the wireless worked fine Tried quot repair quot could not renew tried release renew error on renew quot unable to contact your DHCP server tried DNS flush did netsh dump DHCP Client is started and automatic disabled and reenabled the NIC card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Any thoughts help ideas would be great Just need to get itunes connected to the internet nbsp

A:Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet

Assuming Windows ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-computer-will-connect-to-network-wont-connect-to-internet.1095949/
Relevancy 42.14%

I had to reinstall Vista Home Premium SP on my desktop which uses a wireless card Now my Internet never blazing fast with wireless is worse than dial-up Vista Internet slow reinstalling after wireless Extremely with page loads usually timing out despite the signal strength Extremely slow wireless Internet after reinstalling Vista showing as Extremely slow wireless Internet after reinstalling Vista quot very good quot with four bars I have a laptop running XP sitting three feet away with quot Excellent quot strength connection that IS blazing fast I have cable Internet going through a Linksys router and with the laptop I get speed test results of Mbps dowload and Mbps upload So it s not the router or signal I have tried numerous things I read about online I looked for a wireless card driver there are no updates removed and reinstalled the driver I turned off Windows Firewall and Defender I went into DOS and typed in a couple of code lines dealing with autotuning whatever that is netsh int tcp set global autotuningle vel disabled netsh int tcp set global rss disabled I disabled the IPv option I m not running any anti-virus or other firewall software what s the point with this crap connection I can t upgrade Vista because of said crap connection so it s the original version SP OS My stats Intel Core Duo Ghz GB SATA II GB MB RPM GB PC DDR EVGA NVIDIA GT GB PCI-E Gigabyte GN-WP GS PCI WLAN Card Turbo G MBP Wireless PCI Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

after reinstalling vista when I go to nbsp outlook com nbsp i get the message quot Please upgrade your web browserTo get the most out of explorer can't with or 7 after vista internet reinstalling browse update Outlook com we recommend that you upgrade your web browser Upgrading should only take a few minutes Download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer nbsp quot when I click nbsp http windows microsoft com nbsp to update I get nbsp quot It s time to upgrade your browserYou rsquo re using an outdated version can't update or browse with internet explorer 7 after reinstalling vista of Internet Explorer Many websites mdash including Windows com mdash no longer support Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer You won t be able to view Windows com until you upgrade your browser nbsp Internet Explorer nbsp Download now quot when I click download now I get nbsp quot the version of this file is can't update or browse with internet explorer 7 after reinstalling vista not compatible with the version of windows you re running check your computer s system information quot when i try nbsp microsoft com nbsp i get nbsp quot cannot open nbsp http www microsoft com en- quot when can't update or browse with internet explorer 7 after reinstalling vista I try nbsp dell com i get quot cannot open nbsp dell com en-us quot Screen shots below I have looked for discussion of this problem but haven t found it Thanks

A:can't update or browse with internet explorer 7 after reinstalling vista

What model of Dell is this?
Windows Vista is obsolete and support is dropping for IE8 and even IE9 which is the last IE for Vista. While it is possible for you to use the WSUS Offline Update to patch Windows Vista (to get to SP2, IE9 etc this is extremely time consuming and Windows vista will still be obsolete....
My advise is tho use the Windows 10 Insider 10130 as a stepping stone to get the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Please state your model and take a screenshot of your system so I know what processor and RAM you have. Also provide the hardware IDs so I can know other system variants:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19649569
Relevancy 42.14%

I had to go to Recovery to get my PC up and running,I now find I cannot connect to Microsoft, anything else is fine. I have checked my security settings as directed.
My system is XP SP1.
Can anybody help ? I see other people have problems with other systems which has not solved my problem.

A:Cannot connect to Microsoft

Are you having problems connecting to just Microsoft's site or the web in general?

I would suggest checking your NIC drivers and/or resetting IE. Sometimes doing a reset in IE will fix weird little issues like this.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-to-microsoft-497250.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm Newbie.I saw form for appying beta test for 2010. Is it necessary to submit real Phone no and stuff while registering for MicroSoft Connect ? What are advantages of Microsoft Connect ?

A:Microsoft Connect

It depends on the release. I've been a member of Connect since for the last 4 years or so.

The major benefit is to beta test software and provide feedback to Microsoft. If your feedback is of interest, you'll be contacted to provide more information - and that may result in an improvement of the product that you're testing.

For example, I had a lot of BSOD's due to my network card while beta testing Vista. I worked with Microsoft to identify the exact cause for them, and when they fixed it they had me test the next version of the beta to make sure the fix worked. Then, as a reward, I received a free copy of Vista when it was finally released (not all beta testers get this, only those who've provided assistance).

Once accepted into Connect, there are "open" betas for you to test, and there are beta's that require an application, and maybe even filling out some questionaires.

I've participated in about 12 testing programs since enrolling in it, with tracking enabled for 4 other programs. I've still got a couple of invites that are still open - but I just don't have the time to keep up with all that's offered.

While it doesn't happen all that often, how is Microsoft going to contact you if they need your input, or need to send you something (like I got my copy of Vista)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11576-microsoft-connect.html
Relevancy 42.14%

This is my laptop, and I don't honestly know if I ever used it to make the connection before (no problem with other machines) cuz mostly I just use this to check email when I am away from home/office. But its very odd and itza amaka me crazy. What more can I tell you to make it easier to help me (thank you all very much)

A:can't connect microsoft.com

Addtl info: folks at iYogi suspect virus and missing dll; Possible (laptop used Norton AV). So I removed Norton and installed avast! and I can't get to avast.com either... Any idea where a virus might stash a list sites it is blocking me from?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-connect-microsoft-com-497711.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After doing a Recovery on my PC I found I could not connect to Microsoft I got BING cache pages with various Microsoft links which continued to gve me Page Unavailable I uninstalled my anti virus software but still had the same problem I downloaded Firefox and tried that instead to Microsoft Cannot connect of my IE SP browser same result I do not have Windows Install disc or Boot CD as my PC is OEM version Ihope you can help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bill Gillett at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C Program Files Trusteer Rapport Cannot connect to Microsoft bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents CA LIC LogWatNT exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bill Gillett My Documents Downloads dds scr C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www mytalktalk co uk mDefault Page URL hxxp www medion com mStart Page hxxp www mytalktalk co uk BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB Media Band - a - b-a - c a a - SystemRoot System browseui dll mRun CHotkey mHotkey exe mRun Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun AntivirusRegistration c program files excid com aps etrust antivirus registration EzAntivirusRegistrationCheck exe mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k mRun SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot c program files thomson speedtouch usb Dragdiag exe quot icon mRun HPDJ Taskbar Utility c windows system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast avastUI exe nogui dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE IE c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - SystemRoot web related htm IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger MSMSGS EXE IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - FE FA -D C- d - FA- C F AFE - c windows system Shdocvw dll DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director swdir cab DPF E E -C DE- FF- AE- EE F C CE - hxxp office microsoft com officeupdate content opuc cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume billgi applic mozilla firefox profiles bkt f j default FF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - plugin c program files viewpoint viewpoint experience technology npViewpoint dll ---- FIREFOX POLICIES ---- c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref quot ui use native colors quot true c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref quot ui use native popup windows quot false c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref quot browser enable click image resizing quot true c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref quot accessibility browsewithcaret shortcut enabled quot true c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref quot javascript options mem high water mark quot c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref quot javascript options mem gc frequency quot c program files mozilla firefox greprefs all js - pref... Read more

A:Cannot connect to Microsoft

Hello, and Welcome to TSF.

Is there some reason why this machine is still at Service Pack 1? Or, by doing the recovery, did it revert to Service Pack 1, while the machine had been current before the Recovery?

Support for Service Pack 1 and now Service Pack 2 has been ended. Service Pack 3 for Windows XP has been out for quite some time. Without it, your machine is open to exploit. Once we clear the infection, we'll be updating the machine again.

I see what appears to be a conficker/downadup infection. These can be avoided by having fully patched and legal operating systems.

=============================

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.

Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

The Windows recovery console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode that allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

E... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-connect-to-microsoft-500488.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am so sick of vista premium, I could barf. No one can fix my problem. Not my ISP, not HP. My dsl connection works just fine....goes anywhere I want , YOUTUBE...any site with lots of video etc. lighting fast. It will not..connect to Microsoft, or any retail site that routes through the Microsoft servers. No updates, no Hotmail, nothing. it just times out. Anyone know of this problem? Any help would be very nice. Thanks, Dale

A:will not connect to microsoft

I had the exact same problem a while ago on windows XP- no amount of internet searching or calling the ISP would help.

Solving it was amazingly simple - I used a small utility called DRTCP http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp
Download it and set the MTU to 1400 - save, restart computer - and you should have full online access. Hope this helps!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/will-not-connect-to-microsoft-209684.html
Relevancy 42.14%

everytime i try to connect to microsoft.com or support.microsoft.com website there's the "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error eventhough i have a good internet connection and able to connect to ther websites, and i need to perform ipconfig /flushdns or the net stop dnscache in order to connect to microsoft websites. and this kind of annoying error keep on appearing everytime i open the pc or restarting the pc.

any idea on this? and i patiently followed the workaround indicated in support.microsoft.com but to no avail. error still exists.

any help or info is highly appreciated.

thanks

A:can't connect to microsoft

Try another broswer, maybe chrome or Firefox, both with good reputations. Try to remove the add-ons from IE. Tools>internet options>advanced>reset.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/278647-cant-connect-microsoft.html