Windows Support Forum

My wireless network printer wont print from my laptop

Q: My wireless network printer wont print from my laptop

I am one of 3 laptops connected to a wireless printer (Brother MFC-9120CN all-in-one). The printer was working fine and now all of a sudden it wont print. The printer icon shows print error. My Laptop is an Asus N10J series with OS - Windows XP home.

My email & internet connection works fine, only printer has stopped printing.

Have checked Windows firewall and it's switched to Off, have set printer to 'share' mode in printer preferences & tried adding new printer on the add tab and still unable to print.

Prior to print problem occurring, I had several auto windows updates auto installing & had a problem with laptop keyboard keys printing numbers instead of letters, which I managed to fix.

Any suggestions on how to fix the printer would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-printer-wont-print-from-my-laptop.1014444/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My wireless network printer wont print from my laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 101.05%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi All

I am having problems printing from a wireless laptop.

I have a desktop PC which is connected to an HP Photosmart 1000 printer and is running Window XP SP2

My desktop has a USB Wireless dongle to enable connection to my wifes wireless laptop also running Windows XP SP2.

I have set up the file and printer sharing and can access the folders I have permitted access to.

I have enabled the printer sharing.

On the laptop I can add the printer via the network printer option and the laptop can see the desktop printer.

The only problem is when I try to print the printer fails to print anything.

I am able to print from the desktop but that is all.

Has anyone else had this problem?? or can anyone help sole this issue

Many Thanks

Relevancy 96.32%

This is a 3-computer network using windows xp home
everything was fine until today when I wanted to print from the Toshiba laptop to the network printer, which is wireless through a router, & has been going great for a over a year. All of a sudden, today, it does not hook up to print and this error message is displayed:

Print Server
Error initializing output device

I have never seen that and have no clue what it is talking about, (thank you Bill Gates).
If you look in the printers, the correct printer says ready and there are no documents in the queue.

The printer works fine and the other computers can print to it.

Rebooting the computer and rebooting the router don't help.

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer. Estatelawyer

A:Help: can't print to network printer from wireless laptop

My guess would be corrupt printer driver. I would download the printer drivers, remove the printer and when you re-install it, point to the new downloaded drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer-from-wireless-laptop.685484/
Relevancy 82.56%

Asus netbook wont print on network printer. The doc is spooled on the Asus but not showing on the host PC. The Asus will print if the printer's USB cable is direct connected to the Asus.
The other laptop will print on the network printer. Its also XP. I checked the network and printer properties on this laptop against the Asus and they are the same (except computer name of course).
The host PC with the wireless router is also XP and prints OK.
The workgroup list on all 3 computers shows the 3 computers. The laptop and Asus both have good internet connections through the wireless network.
What little thing am I missing?

A:[SOLVED] XP netbook wont print on network printer

is the printer shared? If so, browse the network to the computer that has the printer attached from the netbook. Right click the Shared Printer and choose Connect. The Printer should now be listed as a printer under Printers and Faxes. Right click it and choose Print Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-netbook-wont-print-on-network-printer-561768.html
Relevancy 81.7%

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router My home network has two Win PC and two XP all from Dell Few days ago only the Windows computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck I worked several days on this argument doing many attempts I have investigated installation problems so as permissions spooler firewall and antivirus drivers latest available system files corruption or similar problems etc without any good result If I move the printer to Windows computers local USB the printer installs immediately and prints The Router network wont anymore connected printer print network is OK fixed IPs and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W and XP computers I googled every possible discussion so as on Microsoft and Dell forums no success I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why suddenly the W computers are unable to address the printer Its network address is fixed by the router printers Samsung and has Router connected network printer wont print anymore been so for years Thanks for your time

A:Router connected network printer wont print anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by Manlio

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router. My home network has two Win 7 PC and two XP, all from Dell. Few days ago only the Windows 7 computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck. I worked several days on this argument, doing many attempts.
I have investigated installation problems so as permissions, spooler, firewall and antivirus, drivers (latest available), system files corruption or similar problems etc., without any good result.
If I move the printer to Windows 7 computers local USB, the printer installs immediately and prints.
The network is OK (fixed IPs) and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W7 and XP computers.
I googled every possible discussion, so as on Microsoft and Dell forums, no success. I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why, suddenly the W7 computers are unable to address the printer. Its network address is fixed by the router (192.168.1.1:1631/printers/Samsung) and has been so for years.
Thanks for your time

Hi Manlio,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know which printer model is the one you are using over network. Also, let us know the if you are able to printer wirelessly from the XP system.

Check this link below to reset the spooler service which should help you resolve this issue:

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308525-router-connected-network-printer-wont-print-anymore.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I keep getting error messages that printer wont connect and also this message in picture.
I dont know alot about computer and been trying to print for over 3 hrs now
I have windows 7 PC and a laptop

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you

A:New Wireless printer Cannon Pixma MG3220 wont print / connect

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Follow the Instructions in the Link below ....
http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets...MG3220_win.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373986-new-wireless-printer-cannon-pixma-mg3220-wont-print-connect.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys, been banging my head on the wall about this issue.

I recently purchased an Epson XP-205 Wi-Fi printer, and I set it up on my network and installed the drivers to my laptop, initially I could print over the network, but since a restart I can't. I have tried an uninstall and reinstall of the printer, but to no avail and if it matters, I'm running W7 64-bit.

I've ensured the printing programs are part of my firewall exclusion rules, and I can access the printers set up page via 192.168.1.3, also as expected, the printer is "pingable". On top of this my Android tablet is able to send things to the printer, so I'm sure it is an issue with my laptop.

I'm tech minded, so feel free to rabble on, I'll understand.

A:Laptop can't print to wireless printer

I assume that there is now a printer icon in your Notification Area showing the print queue of files you've tried to print. Examine the settings in that to make sure the printer is not in a "use offline" mode.

In Devices and Printers right click on the printer - Printer properties (that's not the Properties choice at the bottom) - General tab - Print Test Page. What happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-print-to-wireless-printer.1083452/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have long printed from my laptop to my printer - wirelessly. Some time ago, my wireless router went down and I had to reconfigure to print via USB for awhile. Since the wireless has been back up, I can't print from my laptop. My daughter prints wirelessly from her laptop. My husband prints via USB. I've done my best to make sure my settings are right, but nothing works! One thing - when I got the new router, it couldn't handle my network name the way it had been before, so I changed it. Perhaps that messed something up - but I sure don't know how to know, nor how to fix it. Any ideas out there?!

Relevancy 79.98%

I am trying to get my HP Photosmart Premium Print-Scan-Copy all in one Printer C A to print from my Compac Presario CQ - WM Notebook PC nbsp Now my problem was to begin with was that the regular download of a driver will not work on this from Laptop printer to print wireless my get my Can't combination due to the computer having the AMD Dual Core C- Processor without a patch which was also downloaded nbsp This worked fine for about days but now it has stopped printing from computer nbsp I am running the Windows bit system nbsp The printer prints just fine from a memory card or from the scanner but if I try to print from anything on the computer such as texts or pictures it will not do anything nbsp It is my default printer and everything I try to print goes to the printer que but it will not print and when I check the printer in my control panel it is checked that it needs troubleshooting nbsp I am at the end of my knowledge and ability to correct this problem nbsp HELP Solved View Solution

A:Can't get my wireless printer to print from my Laptop

Turn everything offunplug the printerturn the pc onuninstall the printer (drivers)re-start the pcreinstall the drivers (printer) May sure you downloaded the right drivers FROM the HP official site.run a test. I hope it helps-- I have a driver from HP if you want to try it, leave your email

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-t-get-my-wireless-printer-to-print-from-my-Laptop/td-p/981341
Relevancy 79.55%

I am not able to print in program(ie works, notepad ect.) to my network printer. The printer is a Kodak ESP 5250 connected via usb to my desktop cpu. Desktop is hp running win vista, laptop is an hp running win7. All printer sharing is enabled. I have another laptop( aser) running win7, it's hooked up the same way and it prints just fine. Here's the tricky part, I can get my hp laptop to print a test page from within the kodak program, but it won't print from within any other program. It acts like it spooled but then nothing come out. thanks

A:cannot print from network printer on win 7 laptop

When you send a print to the remote printer from within e.g. works, does it appear in the print queue of the printer but doesn't print or does it not show up at all ? Is everything wireless ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275494-cannot-print-network-printer-win-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I want to know if the ability to print from anywhere in the world to a printer. My initial setup i was thinking of was this:

The laptop pulls up the IP address of a wireless print server which is connected to a wireless router (where it gets its internet from). The person using the wireless laptop gets the IP address of the print server, some how configures the computer to print to THAT IP address, and the paper should come out of the printer. Correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. it would be nice if i could be told how much this will cost.

Relevancy 78.69%

I have a windows vista desktop and a windows vista laptop on my home network I am trying printer via laptop print from network Solved: Cannot to print from my network printer via my laptop To make a long story short I am unable to print from the laptop I have posted this Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop question on numerous forums and I searched Google for hours but no one gave me nor did I come across a solid answer Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop Everything I came across talked about File sharing setup The File sharing is setup correctly according to Microsoft The printer driver is installed on the laptop but I am having problems communicating with the printer When I try to print a test page from the laptop the printer setup shows the printer is printing the page but the printer goes offline and the printer mode on the laptop changes to error Also the printer is connected to the desktop via a USB port and prints correctly for the desktop My question to the forum is how can the laptop print to the printer Which port should I Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop use for the laptop I have tried the numerous suggestions of creating a new port and add the name of the computer desktop and the name of the printer but this does not work I hope I have explained myself well enough for someone to offer some advice Thanks bdthomas nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

My network - gateway 835gm desktop with epson stylus color. Trying to print items FROM my laptop, hp pavilion dv7-1135, to my network printer. I plug usb from printer directly to laptop and it prints. ditto from my desktop -BUT- will not print from lap top direct to network printer. Been working on this for 3 days. please help. tnx.
bill

Relevancy 71.81%

I have an HP C5280 printer running wirelessly via a TP Link wireless print server and D Link Di 624 wireless router. I can print successfully from either my desktop (which is connected direct to the D Link router) or either of my laptops (wireless). However, when I select the double-sided print option I get a print error message after re-inserting the odd number pages to print the other side of the paper and then click 'continue'.

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? This would enable me to print double-sided from my desktop (as I did before when the printer was only connected via the USB desktop port).

A:Print error message when trying to print double sided output on wireless printer

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? Click to expand...

Probably, unless the USB connection is already used with the print server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-error-message-when-trying-to-print-double-sided-output-on-wireless-printer.1021916/
Relevancy 71.81%

I don t know if this belongs here Network Reconnect to Printer Cannot Laptop Wireless or in the networking forum I put it here because I have a Vista machine identically connected with no problem Dell Laptop about months old running Win Home Premium was connected wirelessly to an HP Photosmart all in one The printer is connected by ethernet to Linksys wired router which is connected to a Linksys Wireless Access Point Both wireless machines have occasionally lossed their connection to the printer and I have always been able to reset it by running the quot add printer quot app Each PC quickly finds the printer and reconnects then I remove the previous installtion of the printer I usually notice that for some reason the last digit of the ip address of the printer has changed The Vista machine reconected and prints fine but the Win PC after finding the printer and clicking next it gets hung up on the quot detecting TCP IP port quot step Then it asks for additional information It has never done this before it has always quickly moved right through this step as the Vista machine has Cannot Reconnect Laptop to Wireless Network Printer done If I continue through the steps the printer shows up in devices and printers which indicates quot ready quot but it will not print

A:Cannot Reconnect Laptop to Wireless Network Printer

After posting this topic 3 hours ago without seeing any reply, I continued to attempt to fix this problem. I was finally successful so I am posting this reply to tell anyone who may be attempting to answer my question they can stop spending time and effort. In case anyone has the same problem I'll now describe the solution. The PC has Mcafee Security Suite. I turned off the personal firewall, reinstalled the printer and it worked. When I turned the firewall back on it would not print. I then went into Mcafee Security Center to the Firewal features and under services I clicked restore defaults on the assumption that the default settings included allowing wifi access to a printer, a common need. It worked, problem solved. Thank you to anybody who read about my problem and gave any thought to a solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350937/cannot-reconnect-laptop-to-wireless-network-printer/
Relevancy 71.38%

I recently bought a new printer because the old one would not print. Now the new one will not either it has to be the machine. Possible malware issues. Should I run a HTJ and a Combo Fix then try reinstalling.?

A:Newly installed lexmark printer wont print. I think we have a malware issue that wont let it install.

Before you installed the second printer, did you totally uninstall the first?If this is a USB printer, did you install the software first before plugging in and turning the printer on?We can run a quick scan to double check---------------The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221314/newly-installed-lexmark-printer-wont-print-i-think-we-have-a-malware-issue-that-wont-let-it-install/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I have a old laptop fujitsu Amilo m g running on just newly reinstalled win xp home edition I thought I had successfully installed all relevant drivers including intel R pro wireless abg network connection adaptor I am getting available wireless connections in my area including my neighbours which all require a network key and come up in list security enabled wireless networks WPA this network requires a network key when you double click on to wont Old Network connect Wireless laptop a neighbours network I get the dialogue box asking me for their network key My network doesn t have this dialogue box coming up come up asking for network key Under its name on list it says quot security enabled wireless network quot but no WPA is mentioned on my network When I click on it it says quot if you want to connect to this network click connect quot which I do I Old laptop wont connect to Wireless Network then get quot please wait while windows connects to the TNCAPC F E network - detecting network type quot an error message comes back which reads quot windows is unable to connect to the selected network the network may no longer be in range please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again OK quot I click on ok I have refreshed my network list I am situated near my router I have reset my router My new laptop running win connects fine along with my ipad amp iphone etc to my router so I cannot understand what is happening here I have even tried manually adding the network in and I am still not having any joy I have a CMD and ipcong all for you if it helps Please help as I am demented with all this This old laptop has connected wirelessly before to my network but because I had to reinstall windows xp I am having all these problems In device manager I have a yellow exclamation mark under other devices- modem device on high definition audio bus I don t know if that affects this I would greatly appreciate any help or advice nbsp

A:Old laptop wont connect to Wireless Network

try going into the router and disable the wireless security
now see if the PC will connect to that network ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-network.1113671/
Relevancy 71.38%

i have a toshiba laptop win xp a netgear router an aol is my internet service provider and it uses a wep key. my laptop connects fine with ethernet cable it finds my network but wont let me connect i type the network key an it starts tring to connect but doesnt then it cant find the network. i have had it connected wireless b4 an the signal strength was always good. i have even managed to connect to someone elses network by guessing the key can any1 help me???

A:laptop wont connect to wireless network

Is wireless enabled on the router?
Did you configure the routers wireless interface for dhcp?
You did disconnect from the wired connection before trying the wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-network.737256/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there I am currently experiencing problems connecting to my Network with one of my laptops The connect Laptop wont network to wireless main laptop I have connects fine so does my xbox my iPhone and other phones in the house to the WiFi If I open up Internet Explorer I get the error Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage I have the option to diagnose connection problems and when I click on that it says Windows cannot resolve the problem Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider If I go on Start Connect to then the Laptop wont connect to wireless network network in use it says Windows cannot connect to Example Once again I try to diagnose the problem and I get the previous error message Windows cannot resolve the problem I m guessing this could be the route of the problem yesterday I had to remove the network on my main computer and add it again in order for me to get the WiFi on my new iPhone I used the same network name and password though Thanks in advance for any replies I am alright on computers but not with networking Harry nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

i just set up a wireless DLINK router. The laptop connect to the network and shows a strong signal strength, but i cannot access anything on the internet or other web based programs.

Relevancy 71.38%

Ok

I've had my wireless network around 3-4 weeks and after returning the first router to the shop as it was broke i now have lost connection on the networked laptop, i can still access the internet on my desktop computer but when i try to access the router page on the desktop PC at www.192.168.1.254/ it wont show the page.

i have done ipconfig and its showing my ip address as 192.168.1.1 default gateway is 192.168.1.254 the subnet is 255.255.255.0

when doing ipconfig on the laptop its showing 0.0.0.0 for all the above

how is it that im connecting to the internet no problem but the router page isnt showing this seems to me that the router is not working for some reason.

what can i try to get everything working again?

thanx..

A:wireless network wont connect on laptop

can you post an IPCONFIG /ALL for both machines here

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-wont-connect-on-laptop.459623/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm trying to create a network where I can access the printer that is connected to the desktop from the laptop. Both computers have Windows 7, although the laptop has the Home edition. I've read various articles on how to use my wireless router that I use to access the internet from the laptop to create this network but I can't get to make them work.

I would appreciate any ideas and help getting this accomplished. Thanks

A:Trying to network a wired desktop, wireless laptop and printer

Hello,

Both the systems should be in same class Ip, then install network printer into your laptop.

Thanks
Rahman Khan
System Administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-network-a-wired-desktop-wireless-laptop-and-printer.939625/
Relevancy 70.95%

Whenever I change the password on my desktop, the wireless laptop can no longer print to the USB printer that's on the desktop PC. I have to delete the printer icon on the laptop and create a new one. Is this normal and expected or is there a way around this? I had the printer on a network server once but it quit working so I just plugged it back into the PC.

thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-loses-network-printer-connection.994282/
Relevancy 70.52%

I really dont even know where to start with this so i will try my best to not make this confusing and plz forgive me but i am fairly new with this stuff so i will explain it the best i can about months ago a file got downloaded on my out wont Laptop help why.Plz to connect wireless figure network?Can't laptop i have a compaq presario cq notebook pc windows home prem bit it was called Magicdisk after trying for the last months to uninstall this program it would say INSTALL LOG not found i even did system restore to earlier setting but it was still on there but after researching online someone told me to go to the program files in the hard drive and delete it from there so that is what i did and it did work all program files were gone now since i have done that days ago i have had some pretty bad issues with my laptop first it started with it telling me that my hard drive is gonna fail and to back up and a box pops up every mins to remind me of this and every time i restart it says it in the bios and wants me to run a hard drive test but the same person told me not to worry because it is just a Laptop wont connect to wireless network?Can't figure out why.Plz help part of the 'magicdisk virus' Laptop wont connect to wireless network?Can't figure out why.Plz help and to just ignore it so im wondering if this is true now the next thing that happend days ago my laptop quit connecting the wireless network all the drivers r there and updated they r in the device manager as fine and working properly i am connected with the etherport right now i have REALTEK RTL CE B G N WIFI ADAPTER when i run diagnostics it says that i have a problem with the driver but Laptop wont connect to wireless network?Can't figure out why.Plz help i cant seem to find one and the only place my network shows up is in the LAN internet access REALTEK PCIe FAMILY CONTROLLER it wont let me find a network manually it doesnt show up in manage wireless networks if i disable the LAN then its not on here at all and it wont detect it so i am completely stumped as to what the problem is i have tried it all uninstalling reinstalling drivers unplugging the router although all my other wifi things work restored to earlier date changing channels u name it i have probably tried it but like i said im new at this so there the possibility i wasnt doin it right so if anyone could let me know anything to try i would GREATLY APPRECIATE it plz plz plz someone help me

A:Laptop wont connect to wireless network?Can't figure out why.Plz help

if further info is needed plz ask i will provide as much as i can!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271027-laptop-wont-connect-wireless-network-cant-figure-out-why-plz-help.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hey guys i recently decided it was abt time i linked my vista home premium laptop bit to my desktop XP OS network to add a printer to my wireless home network Ive scanned through forum after forum my to laptop printer network. adding vista desktop - a xp wireless and have tried a few things but i reallly have no idea what im doing The printer is connected via usb to our wireless adding a printer to my wireless network. xp desktop - vista laptop d-link router that is adding a printer to my wireless network. xp desktop - vista laptop printing server capable and when i connect it im not even able to print from my desktop any ideas ive also tried adding the printer from both my dektop and laptop through the wizards quot locally quot as ive read but still have had no luck yet Ive tried searching for it from the laptop on the network but it doesnt find it Ive got a brother HL- so im pretty sure its compatable If any one can provide me with step by step instructions or any help at all it would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221335-adding-printer-my-wireless-network-xp-desktop-vista-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Guys,

Brother has himself a new laptop running vista. He can connect to the wireless router and get internet access, but we cannot figure out how to share the printer which is connected to my computer running XP sp3.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Help needed trying to share printer with a laptop on a wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-trying-to-share-printer-with-a-laptop-on-a-wireless-network.745448/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am not sure if this is the right category. I have an alienware computer that was upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 with no problems. Then one day all of a sudden I lost my sound and my printer quit working. I managed through not knowing what I was doing to get the sound fixed. Not so with the printer. Near as I can tell is that the computer doesn't recognize it. Shows unknown device. I tried reinstalling with the cd that came with the printer. No help. I tried going online to reinstall the drivers and everytime I try to install the drivers it fails. Please help I don't know too much about this. Printer is an HP officejet 4632 if that helps
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-printer-wont-print.1167752/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an HP Deskjet F4400 printer that seems to be working properly, but the problem is that when I click print on the computer it won't print. I think the problem has something to do with my laptop because when I scanned a document from the printer, it came up on the screen no problem. When I click print, nothing happens and nothing is added to the list of documents pending to print in the devices and printers.

Help Please

A:Printer Wont Print

I'm trying to remember exactly what I used to do when this problem occurred. I think I turned the printer on and off, then everything I had tried to print printed. Keep in mind it must be turned off via the power button. Unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't always have the same effect. Also, if this works for you as it did for me, it will start printing immediately.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/106171-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Printer wont print
THE printer normally prints fine but now it wont print atall the usb cable is in and the printer wont take the paper it just sits there
CONTROL PANEL> PRINTERS> OPEN and it says its printing just fine but it isnt
Its in the front usb hub and tried the rear it dont make any differnence.
The printer is on and its got paper etc etc.

The UI registry language is invalid everytime open an document CV anything in doc format it says this what is this and how can sort it
The registry is corrupt is what it says everytime an real pain.
XP SP2.

A:The printer wont print someone please help with this

Try uninstalling the software and restarting PC and follow your manual-instructions for reinstalling the printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-printer-wont-print-someone-please-help-with-this.747109/
Relevancy 67.51%

printer wont print i was using a epson 670 printer it was printing fine then all of a sudden the print was becoming fade and would only print the light color's i thought it must be the cartridges so i changed them the same result occurred i then tried my other printer a epson 440 and this printer would not print at all im running xp pro can any one help with this problem i have

A:printer wont print

You probably need to run the print head cleaning and alignment. For the other printer it may need drivers or may have another problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.350970/
Relevancy 67.51%

THE printer normally prints fine but now it wont print atall the usb cable is in and the printer wont take the paper it just sits there

The UI registry language is invalid everytime open an document CV anything in doc format it says this what is this and how can sort it
XP SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.746853/
Relevancy 67.51%

Our printer is an HP f 380 and it normally works fine but the usb cable is in and everything looks like its working but it isnt printing anything through the pirnting wizard.
Not sure why its doing this as its normally fine.
Not jammed or nothing like that.

XP SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-printer-wont-print.724171/
Relevancy 67.51%

My printer Okidata ML 321 was working until we did a conversion of software. I have tried to uninstall the printer. The operating system is windows XP Professional. The funny thing is-- when you log off the computers, everything that was in the spooler prints up!!

XP automatically installed this printer. It is a shared printer on the LPT1

You might try looking in the printer properties. My printer (not a Okidata) has options such as Start Printing Immediatyl and print spooled documents first checked. What software was converted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.497017/
Relevancy 67.51%

XP SP2 The hp printer wont print as it normally does when go to print something it shows it as printing in control panel printers > right click open
Its plugged via usb into front hub usb hub but it aint working have tried everything can think off other then uninstalling it which takes forever.
Dont no what else to try could try the back usb ports but not sure its going to make an difference.
Dylan Roberts HP DESKJET F380
It isnt an driver issue either

Also what does it mean ui language registration list is invalid registry corrupt it does this everytime try to open and document.
What can be done no one seems to be able to help with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.746144/
Relevancy 67.51%

Have got an printer which is not working
Have an hp F380 and no matter how many times sent an document it wont print atall.
Its plugged in via usb cable and normally it works fine.
Its not jammed or nothing, it cant take any thing anymore and print its installed via a driver disk.
Have xp sp2 what can do please?

A:The printer wont print please help

Will it work in the rear usb hubs ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-printer-wont-print-please-help.724516/
Relevancy 67.51%

Every time I go to print it gets through one page and then stops and says that there is and error. And I would like to know what to do to get it to print.

A:My HP Printer wont print

what make and model of printer? you probably have to update your driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-printer-wont-print.317353/
Relevancy 67.51%

Have a hp deskjet f380 with vista it has usb cable and its turned on and when go to control panel>printer where the icon of the printer is , it has a green tick next to it and says its offline.
When go to print something ie a letter it simply wont print just sits there what could it be would uninstalling drivers work then installing again.
This is weird because it worked fine with desktop but now have laptop am getting problems with the printer.
F300 series.
If could have some help thanks

Delete all the old print jobs out of the Queue. Right click and select online. Printers are quirky beast! Turn it off/ backon lots reason for them to disconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.790018/
Relevancy 67.51%

Read an article the other day but I cant find it now. I thought it said that there was a problem printing with certain HP printers & IE 7. NOw all of the sudden my Hp PSC 1610 wont print from IE 7. I thought it said HP didnt have a fix for it yet. Is this true?
Anybody else seen this article (I think it was in PC world.) or having this problem.?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hp-printer-wont-print-135153.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i have a canon bubblejet i455 printer. the other day the black stopped working.
i have done everything:
put new official cartridge in.
test pages
nozzle check
print head realignment
cleaning
deep cleaning
reinstall driver

i presume that the print head is faulty. how can i fix it, or should i take it to someone. btw it is over two years old, so probably wont be covered by warranty

A:Printer wont Print Black

matt, if you could even find someone to repair your printer, it would most likely cost you more than the 79 bucks a new printer costs.
I've got an el cheapo Lexmark 510 ,(26 bucks at wallyworld), and it prints great pictures. I bought my dad one and he swears that it prints better pics than his 400 dollar Canon.
You may consisder chunkin the bubblejet and get a new printer. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print-black.484868/
Relevancy 66.65%

my printer wont print black. it has plenty of ink and i did remove the tape. i even tried another printer and it did the same thing. i'm running xp and the printer is a lexmark x75. if anyone could help i would appreciate it, this is driving me crazy!

A:printer wont print black

Try running the software that came with the printer to clean the heads.

*FYI, a Lexmark I worked on had this problem and I had to do it 5-6 times. Cleaning the heads takes a lot of ink, so if it works, be prepared to buy another cartridge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print-black.259085/
Relevancy 66.65%

This printer prints A3 size on my desktop (XP). But on new Sony laptop with Vista it does not allow A3 size as an option, and will not accept any custom size bigger than A4. What must I do to print A3 from the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-cp1700-printer-wont-print-a3.659041/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello

I have installed my DX4450 printer on windows 7. it says its working fine but when i try to print a test page or anything it immediatly comes up with an error. its all connected fine and can find the device easily enough. whats the problem?

Relevancy 66.65%

THE printer normally prints fine but now it wont print atall the usb cable is in and the printer wont take the paper it just sits there not registering.

XP SP2.

A:Printer wont print UI language as well

Can someone please help with this please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print-ui-language-as-well.747084/
Relevancy 66.65%

My printer wont print text. It was working a couple days ago then I just don't know what happened. It prints the test page and graphics but not text. I'm working with windows xp home and I have a PC. I'm working online. I tried restarting checking ink levels etc. I don't know if its my default printer. But I don't know how to do that. Any other suggestions???

Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi

My printer is a EPSON stylus 440 and when i try to print on landscape mode it still prints portrait mode what should i do?

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me why my lexmark Z33 printer will not print while I'm online? I don't get any error messages at all, the printer icon in the tray does not come up. When I am just working on the computer, everything is fine. I can print all day long unless I'm online. Is this an Explorer issue?
Running Windows ME and IE6.
thanks in advance
Don

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Lexmark X5150 my printer wont delete the print Job. I've tried what other people told me to do.

1. net stop spooler

2. Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all the files in it

3. net start spooler

Fortunately, that will delete them, but once I try printing another file, it'll print, but when it tries to delete the print job, it gets stuck again. I'm looking for a permanent fix besides reinstalling Vista 64.

The problem just started to happen about two weeks ago.

A:Printer wont delete print job

Try this

Go into spooler and delete all of the files, then uninstall the printer from the printer folder and delete the driver from device manager. --> restart the computer and then reinstall the printer along the driver.

this worked for me on a HP printer....Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/printer-wont-delete-print-job-366283.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently purchased wont print! New SAMSUNG printer a ML laser printer I also bought a USB A to B device cable I followed the instructions and set up the New SAMSUNG printer wont print! new printer inserted toner cartridge connected power connected USB cable and input power Pressed the cancel button for seconds and got a test page to print I installed the Samsung ML series software from Laser Printer Driver CD Everything installs okay I can see the printer icon in the toolbar When i click print the computer tries to print to file I therefore changed this setting in Start-settings-printers-properties-details- quot Print to the following port quot - SSUSB Still nothing prints I have downloaded Dr Printer from the Samsung website but that says quot failed to get port information - everything New SAMSUNG printer wont print! is fine quot but the test page does not print after diagnosis is complete I now have no idea what to do Can anyone please help me My computer is running MS windows SE A GenuineIntel x Family Model Stepping MB RAM Have tried emailing Samsung support but get no reply nbsp

A:New SAMSUNG printer wont print!

What happens when you go to 'printers and faxes'? Do you see the new printer? Can you set it as the default printer? Can you go into "properties " and print a test page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-samsung-printer-wont-print.433581/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

i am trying to print 40 pages of my work but it just keeps missing chunks in between.

any ideas why this is happening?

Please reply back asap as i have this piece of work to hand in tomorrow.

Thanks to anyone that can help

Anisa

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
One domain user recently can't see network drives and use printer. When you join a domain it automatically maps those drives and ads that printer, and it did, but now it is all gone. You can't even see disconnected drives in My computer. I am able to ping
those drives, but that's it. And this occurs only on one computer on one user. If log in to different user on that computer everything is fine and if I log in with that user on different computer it also works. Tried looking for disabled services, but couldn't
any that would be turned off from the most important (Workstation, Network location awareness, Network list service). Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cfdf0bb8-f959-472b-90da-7dbe588fa0ed/domain-user-cant-map-network-drives-and-print-on-network-printer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey, i got a lexmark printer and it only prints black, not color. Whats wrong.

Relevancy 66.22%

Can anyone help me???
my canon printer is flashing 7 x orange light and 1 x green light. It wont print anything. I have tried changing the cartridges and going through the troubleshooting help but it is still not fixed. Can anyone help me to fix it. I know it is an old printer, but I cant afford a new one at the moment.
thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

got a hp1050a printer that wont work on an acer aspire running vista

wont print on vista..just says error-printing in the printer box
it does scan though

i have:

reinstalled USB drivers
downloaded and installed vista drivers
run ms fix tool
stopped and started print spooler service (though i did restart the machine a few times)

has sp2 on it
it does work on an xp machine

im going to reinstall the OS as i have spent about 3 hours on it

any idea please, busy backing up

A:Solved: hp printer wont print on vista

That's not enough info to identify your printer.
See the support page here.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-printer-wont-print-on-vista.1038278/
Relevancy 66.22%

I run Windows 7 (64 bit) on an ASUS laptop and have recently bought (2nd hand) an Epson Stylus D 78 for simple printing needs. . I have downloaded the appropriate drive (Windows 7 64 bit) from the EPSON web site but while the printer chugs away and goes through the full motions of printing, the pages come out completely blank . I have cleaned the heads a number of times but am still unable to get it to print even a checking pattern . Since purchase I have inserted a new black ink cartridge ( the other colours seem OK ) so would expect that some impression would appear .
Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether it is a driver issue or whether I should consider physically checking the printer head to ensure that the nozzles are not blocked.

A:EPSON Stylus D 78 printer wont print

i suspect the other colours maynot be OK
But you should be able to do a clean and a head alignment from the printer - see if that prints out correctly

did you see the printer working before you purchased

also a lot of printers and particularly epsom, do often use the colour to print out just black text -

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-stylus-d-78-printer-wont-print.1119034/
Relevancy 65.36%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 65.36%

it was working just fine the last time i used it (about 4 days ago) and now when i tried to get it to print something it took the paper part way in,and then it just stops and while the power light stays on,the yellow light above it flashes,and i get the little yellow ! that pops up in the bottom right saying "this document failed to print" ive checked my ink cartrides and connections,and deleted and reinstalled the printer as well.any help would be appreciated,thx

A:HP deskjet 600series printer wont print. error msg...........

go to the device manager, locate your printer, and right click it, and update the driver. see if this works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-deskjet-600series-printer-wont-print-error-msg.161134/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I am running IE9 on Vista - recently updated from IE8 - now my printer does not respond when I try to print from IE or my Windows mail. If I print the file to onenote2007 and then print from there - it works. What happened? Suggestions to fix this?

Thanks

A:Printer wont print from IE9 or Windows mail - but works otherwise

IE9 is BETA, and these questions should be asked at the MS site in their beta areas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print-from-ie9-or-windows-mail-but-works-otherwise.957612/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,
Suddenly my printer stopped printing after installing the Color  ink cartridge last week.  Now it is saying it's offline and I cannot connect or update the driver from the system.  I need this printer for work.  I looked for the printer
drivers for Windows 10 on Microsoft.com but cannot find it.  Please help.  I cant work properly without the printer.
Crystal 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce8c42c3-0dbb-4bb0-9360-d5547f9f046c/hp-officejet-5610-printer-offline-and-wont-print?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 65.36%

I have just installed a new HP D1560 printer just for basic docs etc.

It will print everything but publisher files.

All I get is the grey warning box telling me the pc is unable to comunicate with the printer.

I have tried new and exisiting cables etc.

Any solutions please?

A:Solved: printer wont print publisher docs

First, is this the first printer that has been on this computer, or the second?

Second, when you go to print from Publisher, do you go to the printer icon in the tooltray, or File/Print from the top options line? And IF you do go File/Print, when the print window pops up, what printer shows up in the Available Printer line up top?

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-wont-print-publisher-docs.735666/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I try to print to my HP6940(?) wireless printer from my laptop I get the following message:
"The print spooler was unable to connnect to your printer. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, a cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN."

I recently tried TrendMicro PC Cillin. Just before the printing ceased I had a popup referencing the print spooler I think... I tried to see if I inadvertantly blocked my printer. When I open the HOSTS file in notepad from windows\system32\drivers\etc the file is completely commented out as a sample file???

How can I restore printing?

thanks

A:Cannot Print From Wireless Printer

First do you have any other wireless devices AND can they prin to the printer ?
What OS do you have ?
The hosts file should have every line commented out except for your loopback address of 127.0.0.1
Can you hit the internet with this notebook ?
do you have a firewall ?
youcould try recapturing the printer, by going to printers and faxes in control panel, then add a new printer.
Is the little wireless icon lit up on the printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-from-wireless-printer.485755/
Relevancy 64.93%

I cannot print wireless to my HP printer from my HP laptop. My printer is connected to a desktop HP PC with a USB cable

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys so I'm having an issue with one of my laptops not being able to print on my wireless network The printer in question is a CANON MX We have computers on the network and six of them print flawlessly We have varying operating systems Windows Xp windows Printer won't Wireless print. and Windows Vista Two of the laptops running windows work flawlessly one does not It is reading the printer on the network but when I try to print a test page or any picture documents it goes to the queue and says quot Printing quot but the printer never prints anything If it's in the queue on this laptop the other laptops don't see the item in the queue but they also cannot print anything because quot Another device is using the printer quot -- removing the item from the queue allows the other devices to print again I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times turned off all security software and disabled all firewalls and there has been no change I have run windows update completely The hardware device manager indicates that the quot device is working properly quot This is extremely frustrating and I cannot seem to figure it out out of devices work with the printer but my main laptop does not Help please

A:Wireless Printer won't print.

Go to the printer and print out a config page. Take note of the wireless IP address of the printer.
Go to Start/Devices and Printers click Add Printer. Choose Network Printer. Let it scan for your printers IP address. If it can't find it, then add it via the printers IP address. If this doesn't work, then try the following.
Go to Start/Devices and Printers. If the Canon printer is there, right click and Delete it.
Go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. Uninstall any Canon software. Restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, download the latest driver from Canon: http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...100477901.html Choose to install with USB. Setup will tell you when to plug in the USB cable, During the install, once the USB cable is plugged in, do the install again this time for Wireless. That should find the printers IP address. Once that is found, then you can remove the USB cable and try to print Wirelessly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-printer-wont-print-967585.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Friends, this is my first post.
My HP Photosmart 6510 B211a printer is set up correctly -- it prints a 'congratulations' sheet telling me so -- but so far I have failed to persuade it to print for me. It is wireless (no USB cable), so gets its jobs via the router (which is a British Telecom Home Hub 3, for broadband).
How do I tell Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) how to talk to it?! Does the pc need a driver -- I have no message asking me to install one? And if a driver is needed, which one?
I wish to use a software 'printer' (to wit: the admirable FinePrint or PDF Factory) which sends pages to print, informs me that that is what it has done -- but nothing actually prints. Playing around with 'defaults' has so far achieved nothing.
Ideas? Suggestions? Similar experience? I'm all eyes/ears.
Cheers
EGWG (I'm an over-80, not into any 'social networking' .... )

A:wireless HP printer won't print

You must have istalled a disk, that would contain the drivers. Your firewall is probably stopping your pc talking to the printer. I had this on a HP wireless all in one, a few years back, and i think thats down to hp not your firewall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267192-wireless-hp-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Just updated the drivers on my Epson Artisan 700. When I use Photoshop CS3 and print it works fine, however, without changing any settings, if i print to a paper that is thicker, the printer acts like it is printing, but when it comes out, nothing is on it. After printing about 10 times last night, I got only 2 that came out with anything. However, everytime I put in regular paper, it prints fine. Any ideas?

Relevancy 64.5%

im using a canon bjc-3000 on w 98SE. All of a sudden it wont print jobs i send to the printer. It will print after a reboot and sees there are jobs pending - this means i have to reboot each time i wanna print a doc. I've reinstalled the drivers to no avail. Please help before the canon leaves via window.

A:printer wont print jobs in queue - prints after reboot

What other stuff is running in the background.....perhaps a bunch of stuff on startup?

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok......go to software, startups, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print-jobs-in-queue-prints-after-reboot.121050/
Relevancy 64.5%

...in color! It's the craziest thing! We got a new XEROX machine and something is wrong. Xerox looked at it and said to contact our IT department. We are a small office and I would rather not have to call them in for this...seems like a setting somewhere???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-overwriting-printer-driver-settings-and-wont-print-in.1157347/
Relevancy 64.5%

I purhcased a brand new epson all in one unit WF 3640, i have set it up successfully on my wireless network with the router but the computer will not allow me to find it in the print queue. Please advise me what to do

A:Help with printer, wont show in print queue, installed drivers over and over again

im running Mac OS 10.9 on my I mac
Printer is Epson WF3640, just CANNOT get it to show up in print queue. Been trying everything I can. Restarted router, printer and computer multiple times.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-printer-wont-show-in-print-queue-installed-drivers-over-and-over-again.1147899/
Relevancy 64.5%

Have a Canon MG6120 wireless multifunction printer. I rarely print anything from my laptop, but wanted to do that today. What I get is an error message that the printer is offline -- which it isn't; it's on. I tried going thru the setup on the printer, re-entering the SSID, and it said it was connected. Still same error that it's offline.

About a month ago, I did change the name of my router, but it never cause a problem with printing from my desktop, which I can still do. It's just the laptop that gets the "offline" error.

What do I need to do to make the laptop recognize that the printer is on?

A:Solved: Can't print to wireless printer

Never mind. I went thru the "Easy-Setup" on the printer a second time, and it was the charm. I have no idea why it worked the 2nd time and not the first, because after the 1st time, it said "Printer connected", or words to that effect, but when I tried to print, it still said the printer was offline. Oh, the vagaries of modern technology!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-to-wireless-printer.1070428/
Relevancy 64.5%

I just installed a new wireless router and my printer will not print. I assume my printer cable should be routed thru the wireless router and not the modem? It was thru modem before as I had no router installed. Printer is hard wired, not wireless.

Relevancy 64.5%

My networked Brother HL-2070N will print over USB but suddenly not over the network. Ethernet status lights look good, status page from the printer shows it connected to the router and it has an IP address. Everything appears to be connected and working but no documents will print. No settings have been changed on anything. All equipment has been unplugged/restarted, all (current) drivers have been reinstalled, and I've tried multiple ports on the router. When I reinstalled the print driver it found the printer on the network but it still will not print anything unless I plug in a USB cable. This happens on all computers on the network. Looks like the Ethernet controller is hosed. Is it time for a new printer or is there something I'm missing here?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi. I'm trying to get my HP Laserjet to print using a second computer that is linked with mine via a Motorola router that I use for my Vonage line. The main computer prints fine so I know the computer works. When I go to the second computer (which has all the drivers installed) and I choose the correct choice of printer from the dropdown, making sure the main one is on, nothing happens in terms of the printer.

When I go into the printers and faxes in the control panel (on the main computer) I see the job but it says: Remote download document under "Document Name" but nothing under status. Under "Owner" is guest. The time submitted is correct so I know the computers are communicating but they are not allowing me to print from the second computer.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks,
Hollywood Howie

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."

The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 64.5%

On Windows 7 at work and my computer is about 1 of 7, it was previously the older version of windows however it crashed then once turned back on it was miraculously windows 7. strange.

anyway, i was able to print to all printers before this happened. now I can only print to one printer.

I have attempted to look for the printer using the search for printer on the control panel, attempted to install the driver from the website and nothing works. all other computers can print to this computer except mine. also checked the firewall settings which seem to be fine too.

does anyone have any idea whats wrong with this?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer.1053408/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok before I begin explaining I am novice when it come s to these problems So what Printer print please help! Network not does happened was recently I reset the modem to it s factory settings However in doing so I believe I might have done something that prevents the network printers to print The printer EPSON SX W Series is connected to the old computer plugged in The other laptops were not connected Network Printer does not print please help! to the printer and would print as wireless However now only the old computer prints directly to the printer the other laptops fail to print it says that the laptop has the EPSON Network Printer does not print please help! printer as it s default printer yet Network Printer does not print please help! when ever I try to print an exclamation mark in yellow triangle appears on the icon in the control panel gt printer section Troubleshoot does not fix the problem either The other problem is I can t remember how this was set up as my dad did it and he will kill me if I don t fix it back Also the old computer is different to the laptops Old computer has Windows XP and the laptops are vista I tried to solve the problem but I failed now I need help PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Network Printer does not print please help!

I reset the modem to it's factory settings.Click to expand...

The "modem" is a modem/wireless router combination unit? Had it been using a non-default IP address subnet?

It may be easier to just delete the printers from the remote computers and set up file and printer sharing as if doing for the first time rather than trying to trouble shoot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-does-not-print-please-help.1032132/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok I'm stummped I have a Dell A Printer hooked up to my Desktop vista Ultimate x wired via USB I also have an HP Desktop XP-SP hooked up to my network wired and a HP Laptop XP-SP Wireless also hooked up to my network I can see all on all computers I also can print from my vista desktop to my Dell as well as print from the HP desktop to the Dell However I can't print from my wireless laptop at all I keep getting quot Deleting file quot in printer status I have ran the troubleshooter and no help I have no firewalls on except for windows I have just done a clean install of the OS on both my desktop and laptop any ideas recap Desktop Vista Ultimate x Main Computer-always on Desktop XP SP on when needed Laptop XP SP on when needed Printer Dell A- always on Desktop and Laptop can all network no problems Desktop can print to Desktop and vice a versa as Desktop has it's own printer-I did this for troubleshooting purposes laptop cannot print to Desktop but I can print to Desktop Thanks for your help in advance

A:Cannot print to a network printer

Originally Posted by Homeuser

However, I can't print from my wireless laptop at all..I keep getting "Deleting file" in printer status...I have ran the troubleshooter and no help...I have no firewalls on except for windows..I have just done a clean install of the OS on both my desktop and laptop...any ideas?

laptop cannot print to Desktop 1 but I can print to Desktop 2

Try this:

- In Desktop-1, get the network name and printer name.
- On your laptop, install the driver for the printer on desktop-1. Assuming it is a USB connected printer, you will probably need to connect it to your laptop temporarily to do this.
- Control Panel > Printer and Faxes > right click the icon for the printer > Properties.
- In the properties window click Ports > Add Port.
- In the Printer Ports window click Local Port.
- In the Port Name window enter \\Desktop-1-Name\Printer-name and click OK. These are the names you got in the first step.
- Port Name window closes. Close the Printer Ports window.
- In the properties window for the printer > Ports tab, scroll down to the bottom and you should see an entry like \\Desktop-1-Name\Printer-name Local Port". Check the box for that line. This is very important.
- Do a test print from Notepad. There should be an entry for the printer on Desktop-1 but it will not say "Local Port". Hopefully you will now be able to print to that printer.

Good Luck,
Sky

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237710-cannot-print-network-printer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I Have a Lanier business printer connect to a modem/router acting as a bridge point that wirelessly connects back to a Dlink DSL2740B modem/router. My problem is that every time I turn the modem of I have to keep setting this connection up again, this never use to happen till I change my ISP last week. I managed to get connection back to the bridge point but can't print to printer, something wrong with ip address I Think/maybe
Regards Troy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-to-network-printer.1122983/
Relevancy 64.5%

My new Windows 7 computer will not print to my network printer. It's connected to my wife's XP computer with an ethernet cable. My old XP computer had a wireless card and worked fine with our network printer, so the problem is probably something I need to do with my new Win 7 computer.

My new computer has wireless access to email and the Internet via her router, so I know my USB wireless adapter is OK and connected to our network. And I made sure her computer is on.

When I try to add a printer, the wizard does not find the printer on the network, and I have no idea how to find the TCP address to do it manually.

Should I load the drivers for our printer onto my Windows 7 computer? Or what? Thanks for any help coming my way...

Bill

A:Cannot Print to Network Printer

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links carefully, which show you how to share a printer between a Windows XP and a Windows 7 computer.

File Sharing - Between XP and W7 (and vice versa)

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185721-cannot-print-network-printer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."
The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 64.5%

I have installed a HP office jet 6700 on my network my laptop Win7 X 32 can see the printer and print. However when I tried to install the printer on my wife's laptop I cannot get it to connect at all. The printer can be seen on the network however why I try to print nothing goes to queue. I have check spooler service and it is on.
We use to have an old HP photosmart but it stopped working. I bought a HP5510 and had the same problem now I have same issue with the HP6700 and off course HP support cannot explain why this is happening.

I need help bad on this one.

A:Cannot print with printer on network

Are both computers running Windows 7? Are both computers on the same workgroup? Is this computer actually connected to your switch/router, or is it connected to one computer and then shared?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242061-cannot-print-printer-network.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a samsung ML-1710 connected to some network attached storage. I was running win7 x32 but installed x64. Since then I can't get anything to print. I've downloaded and installed their universal printer driver and windows can detect the printer when asked to add one. Everything seems fine beyond the fact that it won't print. My wife's laptop works fine with it...

ms

A:Network printer won't print

Have you installed the Samsung ML-1710 64 bit driver/software from Samsungs website....that's were I would start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256929-network-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am able to add a network printer to my laptop using a wireless homegroup; however, when I send a test page, nothing happens at the printer. The printer is attached to a desktop in another room. Both the laptop & the desktop use Windows 7. The system worked OK when the laptop used Windows 7 & the dektop had Vista. Did I miss a step at the desktop printer end, or is the problem at the remote laptop side? Here are the steps I used to install the printer at the laptop:

<Start>, <Control Panel>, <Add a printer>, <Add a network, wireless printer>, <\\Donald-PC\HP Photosmart C5100 series>, <Next>, <Install driver>, <Next>, <Print a test page>.

Please help. Thanks.

A:Network printer won't print

What does this look like on both PCs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81051-network-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I can no longer print to my wifi network printer. When I try to print I get a message on my monitor that says "Unable to Communicate with Printer". When I check the printer in Control Panel there is a yellow triangle on this printer. This printer is named HP Officejet Pro 8600 (Network). When I run the trouble shooter it says I should make printer Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600 (Network) the default printer but I don't see the Fax = Hp Officejet Pro 8600 (Network) printer. No Fax before the rest of the description. Would this be the same printer?
I have Windows 7 on my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-to-network-printer.1156283/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello guys its been a while I Wireless not scan) printer not (can print but connecting am having a issues with my wireless printer HP photosmart I have it connected to my wireless network however when I try to use HP software to scan something it Wireless printer not connecting (can print but not scan) says it cant find any connected scanner Wireless printer not connecting (can print but not scan) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HP software downloaded directly from HP website When trying to scan directly from the scanner and send it to my computer or email Wireless printer not connecting (can print but not scan) it it says it cant connect to the internet and to make sure there is one despite having redoing the wireless setup and successfully connecting to the network seconds before Not sure why this is happening It was working before I have a D Link router DIR L and using windows I called D Link they said there is no specific setting for allowing or not allowing printers to fxn When logged into the my routers setting page I can see the printer being connected Feel like using a wired option is giving up lol Any thoughts on how to fix this Please advise thanks

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/wireless-printer-not-connecting-can-print-but-not-scan-278401/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Canon Pixima MP560 that works fine on our laptop that runs Windows 7, but I cannot get the new laptop with Windows 8 to print.

When I access the Control Panel in Windows 8, it shows the printer with a green check that everything is OK, but when I tried to print, it said the printer was offline.

I went to the Canon website, and reinstalled the drivers. It looked like it was connecting, but then the error message indicated, ""printer is in an error state."

I went to the MS website, and ran their printer troubleshooter link. It said the problem was fixed. Now, the error message just says, "Printer is not responding." During this entire process, the printer is still connecting and responding just fine to another laptop that is running Windows 7.

Can you help me fix this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 63.64%

How do I get old bespoke dos industrial control progammes currently printing to LPT parallel port on XP3 computer/printer to print to a new wireless printer.
olddos

A:How di I get DOS bespoke programmes to print to wireless printer

There are methods to create a special printer port for older dos programs.

give this a shot as it's from Microsoft on printing

How to print to a network printer from an MS-DOS-based program in Windows XP

Rich

PS: Google is your friend

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321450-how-di-i-get-dos-bespoke-programmes-print-wireless-printer.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a friend with one of those infamous printer problems. She has an HP C4385 all-in-one photosmart wireless printer and a Dell Inspiron with Win XP. Couple weeks ago she had a paper jam, removed the paper, cleared the error and since then, it won't print. It copies fine, just no printing. I have rebooted the system, deleted and added the printer and nothing happens. She doesn't have the original driver disk. Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

Relevancy 63.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U4100 @ 1.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3998 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1807 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 292854 MB, Free - 205060 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Base Board Product Name
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

I had a new wireless DSL router installed on the network. The router recognizes both the laptop and printer and I can print documents from the laptop fine. I cannot print an accessed webpage from any browser (Firefox, Chrome or IE). Anybody have a fix?

A:Can’t print web pages on wireless printer.

I cannot print an accessed webpage from any browser (Firefox, Chrome or IE).Click to expand...

How about telling us why not? Because the printer is not available in each browser's list of printers? Because you get an error message? Because the job just sits in the printer queue? ...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can%C2%92t-print-web-pages-on-wireless-printer.1090755/
Relevancy 63.64%

Can I still print to the wireless printer if I disconnect the Homegroup?

I do not wish to share files and see no point in joining a Homegroup.

Would removing the Homegroup cause internet connection problems?

Please advise. Thanks.

A:Can I Still Print to Wireless Printer if I Disconnect The Homegroup?

Sure, you could still share it.

To print to it from a computer you would simply open up the "Devices and Printers" page in explorer, click "Add a Printer" then the network/Bluetooth printer option. It may take a few seconds for your computer to discover your printer on the network but it should be there.

Alternatively, you could add the printer by clicking the "my printer isn't listed" button and entering the DNS name or IP address of the printer if it has a static IP. Or you could open up the "Network" page of explorer and install it from there. As you can see, you have options outside of Homegroup, albeit they may involve a few more steps.

Best of luck, be sure to post back your success or if you need additional help

And no, the homegroup has nothing to do with internet access

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256359-can-i-still-print-wireless-printer-if-i-disconnect-homegroup.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all Please pardon if this has printer server print w/ wireless help installing already been addressed I tried to find threads that answered my question but was not too successful I am trying to set up my husband s office so his laptop can print wirelessly to his printer via a print server Right now each time he wants to print he attaches the printer help installing printer w/ wireless print server via the usb cable This works ok but is kind of a pain since the cable has to run across the room Also each time he unplugs and plugs his laptop reinstalls the printer giving him countless copies of the same printer in the printer folder Another issue I ve never bothered to fix So I ve got the print server which also happens to be a router hooked up to the printer and the laptop with built-in wireless detected the router server and connected to it like a network without any problems I thought all I d have to do was go to add printer detect it through the server and install it But though the computer is connected wirelessely to the server it doesn t see the printer Was I totally crazy when I thought the print server would allow printing without the printer being connected to a PC Can you actually just plug a printer into a wireless server and then print from your computer Or perhaps because this is also a router it must be attached to a computer Any help with this would be greatly appreciated If you can explain how to do it I m sure I d be able to do it the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP the router server is a US Robotics MAXG model USR Thanks nbsp