Windows Support Forum

Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

Q: Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

I want to install Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion Desktop which happens to have a
Sata Harddisk with an IDE DVDRW.
I set the boot Priority to the DVDRW then the Harddisk and placed the Windows disk on the dvd drive to boot from it.
But it is not booting from the CD as booting still goes to the Harddisk.
My understanding is that SATA takes First Priority.
Well in such a scenario what does one do in order to install Windows?
Please note both drives are detected in the BIOS

Thank you all for your advise

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

SATA doesn't take priority, I've installed Windows 7 numerous times from PATA/IDE drives with a SATA drive.

Are you sure the DVD drive works? Can it read a DVD properly? Also you mention CD, but Windows 7 comes on a DVD.

Also since this is an HP you can press ESC, F10, or F12 and choose a one time boot device rather than changing BIOS boot order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-windows-installation-booting-issues.1015490/
Relevancy 74.82%

I m using installation fresh Solved: issues Booting a Fuijtsu Siemens Scaleo P system Due to recent harddrive failure I got a new harddrive on which I installed Windows Ultimate The installation was a big struggle but after a few tries it looked like the OS was running But after installing the latest updates AVG iTunes and a restart or Solved: Booting issues fresh installation it doesn t boot anymore Sometimes the BIOS doesn t even show the harddisk in the boot menu I got the DISK READ ERROR message a few times as well I did run chkdsk and it completed succesfully removed a couple of corrupt indexes no bad sectors Sometimes it does Solved: Booting issues fresh installation get to the point of showing the Windows logo and the STARTING WINDOWS It doesn t freeze but goes on for about minutes and then Solved: Booting issues fresh installation reboots Other times it doesn t load the logo and only displays STARTING WINDOWS And if I try to open the REPAIR function the operation quits with the message Unexpected I O error has occured Some of the errors above did occur during the installation progress during the st or nd restart Mobo MSI G M MS- v CPU Q gHz quad RAM x Mb mHz ddr All the disc drives are SATA Would it help if I updated the BIOS software How Could a new SATA-cable no visual damage solve this I ve been struggling with this for a week now Getting really sick too but I really want to tackle this Is there something else I should look into THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I m trying to install a Windows Profession bit version over a Windows Home Edition bit version I know this isn t possible without a clean install but my problem is the installation won t boot whatsoever Two days ago I installed a fresh copy of W bit over a vista bit with a flash Solved: 7 DVD installation not booting Flash through Windows or Drive drive Solved: Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD on a laptop with no problem so I know how you make a bootable USB This time however using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool didn t cut it Solved: Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD for me as even though it was prioritzed in BIOS nothing would happen and W bit would just boot like normal So I tried to manually set up the bootable flash drive which also didn t work After a lot of searching on google I learned the problem might have something to do with the bootsector not able to be run on a bit OS So I found another guide http www mydigitallife info how-t able-usb-flash-memory-key-or-hard-disk-drive I used the W bit version I used on the laptop days ago and put the bootsector of that version on the flash drive Again this didn t work as the computer would just boot windows bit like usual and again I adjusted the priority in BIOS Now I got enough of trying the flash drive to work I tried burning the ISO file on a DVD using Imgburn Burning the DVD went smoothly and I quickly had a DVD with the W bit installation files This however didn t solve anything as again prioritzing the DVD W would boot up as usual I m out of ideas what could be causing this and any help would be great OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D PRO Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled Btw Sorry for double posting with the servers overloaded I must ve clicked once too much nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I've tried downloading a few programs, but they all seem to end with the same result. Once I try to open up the program using the shortcut, it says the item has been moved or changed so the shortcut will no longer work properly. I try opening it manually without using a shortcut, but I can't find it anywhere. The folder where it should have the software is empty.

I'm starting to get impatient, I've tried solving this problem on my own for a day and a half, and I'm going nowhere. Is it a problem with my Windows Installer?
Also, this problem only occured to me about a day or two ago.

Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to reformat my pc with a windows xp prof. ultimate edition, but when I inserted my installation cd and I pressed any key to booth from cd it takes very long. Then an error message appear which says "Could not find NTLDR". Please help me how to fix this error. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Installation CD not booting

NTLDR is a boot loader program for Windows XP.

Can you try running the install from a USB cd-rom?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-installation-cd-not-booting-556287.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I've just installed my new MB because the old one died, and everything works fine (from the hardware aspect), but windows will not boot because of that MB change. Is there anything I can do except formatting and installing everything from scratch?

Relevancy 55.9%

Trying fix a laptop, she tried to install a camera but it went wrong and now when desktop appears, "found new hardware" shows in task bar then after about 10 seconds it shuts down and re-boots.

I can get into safe mode and it runs fine. Tried a system restore but it always says "unable to restore....."

Im pretty sure its the failed installation, is there a way to stop xp trying to find the hardware? I cant find the software to remove it.

Ive tried recovery panel, chkdsk, bootcfg, fixboot and fixmbr

Thanx

A:[SOLVED] Failed installation now laptop keeps re-booting

If you go into device manager (Start > Run > devmgmt.msc) do you see the camera? If you see it can you right click on it and then disable it?

Also if that doesn't work you can try:

Go to Start > Run > type "services.msc" w/o quotes. Find the "Shell Hardware Detection" service and disable it and reboot into normal mode. Then see if the balloon pops up again or not. If it works, try re-enabling the service and then reboot and see if everything works.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-failed-installation-now-laptop-keeps-re-booting-214306.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there!

I am trying to do a clean install for Windows XP. I inserted the bootable CD and started the computer. It asked "press any key to boot from cd" as usual. I pressed a key and "inspecting hardware configuration" appeared.

Unfortunately just a second after that screen turned blank and stayed so. I tried many times and waited a while also. Didn't help.

If it is relevant, Windows Vista is currently installed to the computer. I'd like to format the C: drive and substitute Vista to XP again. Thought, that it doesn't matter when running XP installation from boot cd, but who knows.

Thanks for Your help!

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi so i installed windows 10 about 2 weeks ago and i didnt like it so TIME FOR A DOWNGRADE. Try to boot to the cd and here is the screen i got

A:windows installation not booting...

Od you cant see the picture here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400948-windows-installation-not-booting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I have just installed Windows 8.1 and would like to know how I can boot with Windows 7. I have Windows 7 when I installed Windows 8. Is there a way to go back to Windows 7 with no re install?
Thanks

A:Booting with Windows 7 instead of 8 after installation.

How did you install 8.1? To a different partition?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/316180-booting-windows-7-instead-8-after-installation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer is currently set up to dual boot between Windows and Windows XP I mainly use the XP partition as storage while I After 7 Booting Not Installation Properly Windows run the Windows partition most of the time The version of Windows that is currently installed is an RC version Build I recently Windows 7 Not Booting Properly After Installation decided that it was time to upgrade to the full version of Windows -bit to keep things simple The operating system installed with Windows 7 Not Booting Properly After Installation no apparent errors until I tried selecting Windows from the Windows Boot Manager at start-up The Windows XP partition listed as Earlier Version of Windows still works but the Windows partition gives an error Status xc The info it gives is quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot The given error has something to do with asking me to unplug anything I had recently plugged into the computer USB device MP player but I haven't plugged anything in so that led me to believe it was a driver problem However it seems odd that the RC version of Windows works while the final version does not So I re-installed the RC version so I could use the computer again the XP partition has driver problems that cause Very strange errors on the internet so I prefer to not use it but don't look into those errors too much I only use that partition for storage now I tried reinstalling multiple times and I tried using the Startup Recovery tool that's on the installation disk but it couldn't detect any problems Also I tried running quot chkdsk c r quot through the command prompt on the disk which also had no effect The RC version which I've been running for something like months now has never given me any problems but the final version just won't install properly it seems All help is appreciated Thanks in advance Driger

A:Windows 7 Not Booting Properly After Installation

Bump for the day ~ All help is appreciated, so if anyone has Any ideas, post them :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-not-booting-properly-after-installation-446291.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just installed windows xp on an older PC I have. The installation went fine and everything was working perfectly. The computer then froze and I had to reboot. Now it will not boot up at all. The computer is an Old Compaq presario, and it doesn't even start to load windows up when I boot it up. I cannot access the bios, or anything. I tried to boot from the installation disk, and nothing - it won't recognize anything. Please help!!

A:Problem booting new installation of windows xp

Try clearing CMOS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-new-installation-of-windows-xp.806653/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just installed windows xp on an old compaq presario computer I have. The installation went fine, and everything was running perfectly. But the computer froze and I had to reboot it. Now it will not boot up at all. It doesn't even get to loading windows xp, it just stops with a flashing cursor on the screen over the Compaq logo. I cannot access the bios screen or anything. I tried to reboot from the installation disc, and that doesn't work either. Please help!!!

A:Problem booting new installation of windows xp

Please do not post duplicate threads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-new-installation-of-windows-xp.806654/
Relevancy 55.47%

Background There were some power failures last week which caused some errors on my hdd and I spent days reading this forum trying to fix my windows boot I finally 7 installation Windows booting the same Dual fixed it after running chkdisk through a Windows repair disk after trying various other solutions to no avail Thankfully no files were lost Besides Dual booting the same Windows 7 installation the most important stuff was backed up I have an anxiety disorder and I work solely on the PC This incident Dual booting the same Windows 7 installation was very hard on my health so I want to make sure that whatever happens I can get to work So I had an idea Idea A while back I was reading about dual booting and it seemed quite interesting So I've had this Dual booting the same Windows 7 installation idea I have a TB HDD It has two partitions quot System Reserved quot and quot C quot I create a new partition called G of let's say GB I then transfer my music videos photos to an external drive I uninstall all unnecessary programms games from C I make sure C has about - GB of used space Afterwards I make a system image using either the Windows built-in tool or Macrium Reflect Acronis and transfer all my media back to C Could I then restore that system image on the new partition The end result I want to achieve is to have a quot backup windows installation quot If something happens to my Main installation I can get to work on the second one Of course I backup my work to an external drive everyday I don't want to lose any more working days A friend of mine suggested a virtual machine but I want to be able to play games on the second installation and I heard that you can't play d intensive games on a virtual machine without at least the neccessary hardware I know my idea seems a bit weird but it would really help me if this were possible I would buy a new internal drive and make clone of the current one but I'm low on money currently Anyway I hope someone can help me either with this or with another solution Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/393872-dual-booting-same-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer is currently set up to dual boot between Windows and Windows XP I mainly use the XP partition as storage while I run the Properly Windows 7 Installation After Booting Not Windows partition most of the time The version of Windows that is currently installed is an RC version Build I recently decided that it was time to upgrade to the full version of Windows -bit to keep things simple Windows 7 Not Booting Properly After Installation The operating system installed with no apparent errors until I tried selecting Windows from the Windows Boot Manager at start-up The Windows XP partition listed as Earlier Version of Windows still works but the Windows partition gives an error Status xc The info it gives is quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot The given error has something to do with asking me to unplug anything I had recently plugged into the computer USB device MP player but I haven t plugged anything in so that led me to believe it was a driver problem However it seems odd that the RC version of Windows works while the final version does not So I re-installed the RC version so I could use the computer again the XP partition has driver problems that cause Very strange errors on the internet so I prefer to not use it but don t look into those errors too much I only use that partition for storage now I tried reinstalling multiple times and I tried using the Startup Recovery tool that s on the installation disk but it couldn t detect any problems Also I tried running quot chkdsk c r quot through the command prompt on the disk which also had no effect The RC version which I ve been running for something like months now has never given me any problems but the final version just won t install properly it seems All help is appreciated Thanks in advance Ligor nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a windows xp installation cd extracted to a partition on a computer which I want to netboot from. Then I've netbooted into WinPe which is apparently able to invoke a windows installation given a source directory. The problem is, I'm stuck in volume Q: - which is a ram-disk and I haven't the slightest clue how I'd swap over to the volume I've extracted the xp install disk into.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-booting-a-windows-xp-installation.998251/
Relevancy 55.47%

Frozen black screen on startup My computer was only running firefox and then completely froze out and I couldnt open task manager switch users or anything I let installation CD repair from using when XP booting Help Windows the computer sit there for a while not wanting to click anything thinking it would unfreeze by itself in a short while and then suddenly a noise started coming out at regular intervals Then the computer just switched off On restart I got a BSOD that i wrote down but ive lost the paper for the error message now I ran the Recovery Console from the XP CD and chkdsk r and it finished When i restarted I got another BSOD quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot I ran chkdsk r using the Recovery Console again with it Help using Windows repair installation when booting from XP CD completing and then this time on restart I got another BSOD message quot Stop C unable to locate component This application has failed to start because USP dll was found Re-installing the application may fix this quot I ran chkdsk again a few times and nothing happened still getting the same BSOD message on restart After more googling I found out to run a repair installation from the Help using Windows repair installation when booting from XP CD XP CD instead of the Recovery Console the website I used just told me to quot continue with on-screen instructions quot So I ran the repair installation and the first time I ran it the computer restarted and I thought it had been fixed Windows XP appeared to be installing itself for the first time and I paniced because I thought I had accidentally pressed the wrong button and chosen to fresh install a copy of windows I immediately held the power button to power-down my computer I now realise that it was supposed to happen however now if I try to boot the computer normally or in safe mode it will load the Windows logo with the green bar and then after that it will stay on the black screen with a mouse If I repeat the repair installation when the computer restarts it will follow the same steps as above and reach the black screen and I cannot get back to that blue windows setup screen which would ve been the next part of the repair install What should I do now nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-windows-repair-installation-when-booting-from-xp-cd.152627/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I m trying to install a Windows Profession bit version over a Windows Home Edition bit version I know this isn t possible without a clean install but my problem is the installation won t boot whatsoever Two days ago I installed a fresh copy of W bit over a vista bit with a flash drive on a laptop with no problem so I know how you make a bootable USB This time however using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool didn t cut it for me as even though it was prioritzed in BIOS not through Flash 7 Drive or installation Windows DVD booting nothing would happen and W bit would just boot like Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD normal So I tried to manually set up the bootable flash drive which also didn t work After a lot of searching on google I learned the problem might have something to do with the bootsector Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD not able to be Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD run on a bit OS So I found another guide http www mydigitallife info how-t able-usb-flash-memory-key-or-hard-disk-drive I used the W bit version I used on the laptop days ago and put the bootsector of that version on the flash drive Again this didn t work as the computer would just boot windows bit like usual and again I adjusted the priority in BIOS Now I got enough of trying the flash drive to work I tried burning the ISO file on a DVD using Imgburn Burning the DVD went smoothly and I quickly had a DVD with the W bit installation files This however didn t solve anything as again prioritzing the DVD W would boot up as usual I m out of ideas what could be causing this and any help would be great nbsp

A:Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD

please do not duplicate posts here
Not sure if you have die to a server error - i have been experiencing here
however, closing this post
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1068945-windows-7-installation-not-booting.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installation-not-booting-through-flash-drive-or-dvd.1068949/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Windows 7 installation in that - it wont boot! Either in normal or safe mode!

I've tracked the problem down to a driver - CTMMount.sys which was installed by a recent installation of Comodo Time Machine - which has since been uninstalled but doesnt look like the uninstallation has worked correctly.

Therefore I could do with editing the registry/startup procedure so that this file doesnt attempt to load and then I can get back into Windows 7 - has anyone any idea how I can do this?

Thanks

Ewan

A:Need to edit registry on non-booting Windows 7 installation

Why don't you just try a startup repair? It's probably a bit safer.
Startup Repair[2]=Performance Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95309-need-edit-registry-non-booting-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Any help with desktop fix problem booting without a Windows installation to to Need 7 this would be greatly appreciated I've been trying to fix my laptop Acer Aspire for about months and it's been a bit of a saga I've tried lots of things and have persisted because it's seemed like I've been gradually honing in on a solution rather than chasing a lost cause I was on Vista which came with the laptop but then the laptop got very ill Need to fix a Windows 7 installation problem without booting to desktop to the point where I wanted to do the Acer factory restore but this didn't work nor did any of the various recovery options in Windows I was worried that the hard drive was physically damaged so I wanted to try formatting it which I decided to try and do in the course of installing Windows This didn't work so instead I formatted Need to fix a Windows 7 installation problem without booting to desktop the hard drive using Ubuntu and then tried Windows again That didn't work because the hard drive needed to be NTFS so I re-formatted it as NTFS using GParted However Windows install still isn't working it goes most of the way but then just hangs indefinitely on a black screen with 'Setup is updating registry files' written on it I've googled this and it seems that this is quite a common problem when installing W However the problem that I have is that all of the solutions offered are to do with booting up as normal and changing things in Control Panel etc which obviously I can't do I can go into more details about what has happened if needed but basically the state of play now is I need to install Windows from a cd-rom I have but it's not working I have no OS on my computer and the hard drive is clean and formatted as NTFS As such I can't boot to a Windows desktop to try and apply a solution Tools I have at my disposal x Windows install CD x Ubuntu CD which I can boot from or install on the hard drive x Knoppix CD which I can boot from x GParted CD which I can boot from So basically does anybody know of a way to fix whatever is preventing Windows from installing without being able to boot to a windows desktop Many thanks Chris

A:Need to fix a Windows 7 installation problem without booting to desktop

Hi i think I would be testing the hdd for issues try downloading and burning this to a disc or if you know the maker go to their support site and get their diagnostic tool
SeaTools | Seagate ask a friend to burn it for you use imgburn The Official ImgBurn Website
and read the tutorial on seatools for dos

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-to-fix-a-windows-7-installation-problem-without-booting-to-desktop-590495.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I've just created a Windows 10 installation USB using the Media Creation Tool.

I then booted it on my Windows 8.1 Pro desktop PC just to check the USB stick would boot. It booted to the first installation Windows 10 installation window as expected. I didn't want to do anything else so I just removed the USB drive and hit the PC restart button.

On restart, the PC did a chkdsk scan of drive C: and then started automatic repair for no apparent reason!

After a few minutes of watching the automatic repair rotating circle, I just powered off the PC and restarted the PC and it booted fine straight into Windows 8.1 as normal.

Why would removing the Windows 10 USB then pressing the reset button cause chkdsk to run and automatic repair to be invoked on restart?

A:Curious Problem Booting from Windows 10 Installation USB?

Originally Posted by Steve C

I've just created a Windows 10 installation USB using the Media Creation Tool.

I then booted it on my Windows 8.1 Pro desktop PC just to check the USB stick would boot. It booted to the first installation Windows 10 installation window as expected. I didn't want to do anything else so I just removed the USB drive and hit the PC restart button.

On restart, the PC did a chkdsk scan of drive C: and then started automatic repair for no apparent reason!

After a few minutes of watching the automatic repair rotating circle, I just powered off the PC and restarted the PC and it booted fine straight into Windows 8.1 as normal.

Why would removing the Windows 10 USB then pressing the reset button cause chkdsk to run and automatic repair to be invoked on restart?

Perhaps it had already begun rebuild boot files.
You probably should have aborted the install, closing the windows then clicking 'Yes' when prompted 'Are you sure you want to quit the installation?'
Are you booting to the USB trough the BIOS or are you opening the USB and clicking on the 'Setup.exe'?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/32233-curious-problem-booting-windows-10-installation-usb.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I got a HP Notebook yesterday that had Windows 8.1 on it. Today I decided I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 (not upgrade, but clean install) on it and I do have experience in reinstalling operating systems. I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB stick and when the computer restarted after the installation was done, it would keep booting from the USB stick. I exited the installation screen and then went to the BIOS to change boot priority to "OS Manager", but all I got was an error which I don't remember what it said, and then it just restarted again.

So my question is, how can I get Windows 10 to boot after is has installed and restarted? I really need help fast as I can't seem to solve this myself and it is really frustrating me.

This is my laptop: HP 15.6 Laptop - Black (Intel Celeron N3050 / 500GB HDD / 4GB RAM / Windows 8.1) : Laptops - Best Buy Canada

A:Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install

If there is no USB drive connected then the BIOS will automatically choose the next boot device in line...
(You did remove the USB drive, right?)
...for example the next on the list may be your CD drive and the one after that may be your HDD.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/11692-windows-10-installation-keeps-booting-usb-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I'm trying to install a Windows Profession bit version over a Windows Home Edition bit version I know this isn't possible without a clean install but my problem is the installation won't boot whatsoever Two Windows booting not through 7 DVD installation or Flash Drive days ago I installed a fresh copy of W bit over a vista bit with a flash drive on a laptop with no problem so I know how you make a bootable USB This time however using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool didn't cut it for me as even though it was prioritzed in Windows 7 installation not booting through Flash Drive or DVD BIOS nothing would happen and W bit would just boot like normal So I tried to manually set up the bootable flash drive which also didn't work After a lot of searching on google I learned the problem might have something to do with the bootsector not able to be run on a bit OS So I found another guide How to Install Windows or Vista from Bootable Portable USB Flash Memory Key or Hard Disk Drive My Digital Life I used the W bit version I used on the laptop days ago and put the bootsector of that version on the flash drive with CMD Again this didn't work as the computer would just boot windows bit like usual and again I adjusted the priority in BIOS Now I got enough of trying the flash drive to work I tried burning the ISO file on a DVD using Imgburn Burning the DVD went smoothly and I quickly had a DVD with the W bit installation files This however didn't solve anything as again prioritzing the DVD W would boot up as usual I'm out of ideas what could be causing this and any help would be great D Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D PRO Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-not-booting-through-flash-drive-or-dvd-665824.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My friends netbook has got that error 0xc000000f issue, and needs to have windows reinstalled. Problem is, well its a netbook. It has no CD drive.

So i;ve got ahold of the ISO, and have tried ot make one of my USBs bootable

my process..

Open CMD

Open Diskpart
Select Disk1 (the USB)
Clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs
assign
exit

In CMD

bootsect.exe /nt60 f: (F been the USB)

Now it tells me that its added bootmgr and so on, but when I try to boot the USB up on my friends netbook to install windows XP, it says BOOTMGR is missing. (Since when did XP use that anyway? coulda sworn I heard it had nothing to do with BOOTMGR)

Anyone able to help out?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Relevancy 54.18%

hello all, i have been lurking around for answers but have yet to find any.
I have a HP zv6000 xp sp2 and am trying to boot a .iso. i Burnt it with powerISO correctly and my system wont recognize that it is even there.
and it reads correctly on other machines.
I dont know what to do!
Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] issues with booting .iso

It sounds like CD-ROM compatibility issue. The system that will not boot to your bootable (ISO) CD may not recognize the format of the CD you are trying to use. Example, you wrote to a 52x CD on another system, and your CD-ROM drive does not support 52x.

Did you create the bootable CD on the same system you are trying use for CD boot?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-issues-with-booting-iso-233060.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I Error booting [SOLVED] when from VMWare media 0x5D Player: installation thought I'd give Windows a try in the virtual machine using VMWare player but I'm just not having any luck with it My host computer is a lenovo laptop with a Pentium T dual core processor running Windows x attempting to run Windows x in VMWare player apparently my cpu is incompatible with virtualization of bit operating systems When I boot from the ISO I see the blue windows quot [SOLVED] VMWare Player: Error 0x5D when booting from installation media pane quot for a few moments but right before the little round dots are supposed to appear underneath it I get quot Your PC needs to restart Please hold down the power button Error code x D Parameters x F D x E x V E quot Just to see what would happen I tried a bit Windows ISO as well and got the same exact thing yes I do have quot Windows quot selected as the guest operating system inside of VMWare player and I have tried other options as well just to see what would happen they all do the same thing A Windows or earlier bit installer iso will boot up just fine I have quot Burned quot this iso to a USB drive and successfully booted the Windows x installer on two computers including the one on which it refuses to work in a VM so I know that the iso is good and that the computer should be compatible I did give the bios setup a quick run down to make sure there weren't any virtualization settings that might conflict with what I'm trying to do as well and didn't see any Any ideas why it won't work

A:[SOLVED] VMWare Player: Error 0x5D when booting from installation media

Ah Hah! I answered my own question. Apparently the problem was that even though my processor supports DEP (or "No Execute"/"Execute Disable"), it is disabled in BIOS by default. The catch is that because this was a "value line" computer, there is no option in the BIOS/setup screen to enable this.

The key to getting things to work was following the directions in this thread over on the lenovo forums and use SYMCMOS to change the settings. Here's a step-by-step for anyone else who might happen to be stuck in this boat with a Lenovo N200 or similar laptop:

1. Use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive of FreeDOS.
2. Download Symcmos and place it on the root of the newly created USB drive.
3. Download a DOS text editor. I used "edit" (simply open the ZIP file and extract EDIT.exe to the root of the USB drive).
4. Boot from the USB drive and use the command "Symcmos -?" to see all the commands and their usage.
5. Run "Symcmos -Lsettings.txt" to export all the current settings to a text file called "settings.txt".
6. Type "edit settings.txt" to open the exported file and see all the things that can be changed. The Number on the left in parentheses identifies the setting and the number on the right in brackets configures the settings. For example, The number accompanying "(0267)" will be "[0001]", which means, "disable D.E.P.". Remember that these will be different for other computers, so make sure to find a definitive list somewhere for your computer explaining the definition of each "Token". Identify all the items you want to change, and now go back to the top of the document where it says, "CRC = *something*". Write down your CRC and create a new text document that starts the same way as the original ("CRC = *whatever your crcnumber is*) and paste underneath that all the values that you wrote down earlier that you wanted to change. Following this format, my document looked like this when I was done (the second setting is a fix for LCD stretch-o-vision when displaying anything on the screen other than its native resolution, how neat!):

CRC = 3EDD
(0042) [0000]
(0267) [0000]

7. Save this file as something other than what you exported your original settings as, ("NewSettings.txt" would be good) and then exit the text editor.
8. Back at the "C:\" Prompt, use the "SYMCMOS -V2 -Unewsettings.txt" (replace "newsettings.txt" with whatever you named your file when you saved it if you called it something other than newsettings.txt) to apply the settings.
9. Shut down the computer and turn it back on again. Problem(s) solved!
Note that this process may very for other models (even different BIOS versions of the same model; for the record my N200 0769 15"er has the latest 3.05 BIOS installed) of computer and may be completely different for other makes. A good place to start if you can't find a DEP option in your BIOS and SecurAble reports that DEP is disabled even though the CPU is compatible with it, would be a web search for "SYMCMOS *your computer*" ("SYMCMOS Lenovo N200", for example).

Best of luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/solved-vmware-player-error-0x5d-when-booting-from-installation-media-906394.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,

I am using Windows 7. I tried installing ubuntu with the option " Include Ubuntu along with window partition".

While installing ubuntu, error occurred. Now unable to boot Windows also. It prompts for recovery cd.

I am not having recovery disk.

Tried using other machine's recovery cd - Diskpart. But got the following error while selecting a partition.

virtual disk service error:
this operation is not allowed on an invalid disk. The disk may be invalid beacuse it is corrupted or failing, or it may be invalid because it is offline.

Required your help to recover windows without affecting the existing data.

Thanks.

A:Error in booting Windows after Ubuntu installation failure

Try a Startup Repair:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283430-error-booting-windows-after-ubuntu-installation-failure.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My pc won't load windows 10.. it gives Error code 0xc000000f.. it allows me to go to startup settings, to start in safe mode, in low resolution mode etc..., but anyway it wont log in, it gives an error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME... So i decided to install a windows 7 with a bootable usb.. and when I boot from usb it loads the installation windows screen, then the windows logo, and then stucks in a black screen with a cursor and no options... I tried burning the windows in a dvd.. same problem.. anyone has some solutions ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/402016-windows-7-installation-gives-black-screen-cursor-when-booting.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there. I've built a brand new HTPC and it has UEFI BIOS on it. I've tried to install Windows 7 with USB drive that I've made UEFI bootable with Rufus, but it gives me blue screen everytime after Windows goes from "Windows files are loading" screen to a Windows logo animation. The hard drive that I'm using is set to MBR, (I know that I should set it to GPT for UEFI installation). I don't want to have a UEFI version of Windows in my system anymore. How do I install legacy version of Windows 7 from USB stick on UEFI BIOS capable PC with HDD using MBR?

A:How to prevent Windows 7 installation from booting in UEFI mode?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Enter your bios and go to Advanced and boot and disable secure boot,
If there is no option to disable secure boot look for OS Type and switch to Other os
After installing Microsoft Update KB3133977 for Windows 7, some users may encounter a "Secure Boot Violation" , which makes the system fail to boot into the operating system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397043-how-prevent-windows-7-installation-booting-uefi-mode.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been given the challenge to make a way to install Windows without any installation media and without having to even touch the computer partition Windows Problems installation booting unattended a from an while it's installing So far I've made a wim image with the help of this guide and I've made an Autounattend xml file with the help of this guide I put the install Problems booting an unattended Windows installation from a partition wim image in Problems booting an unattended Windows installation from a partition the sources directory on a flash drive and the Autounattend xml file in the root of the flash drive and it does exactly what I want it to - all except it's not on a partition So Problems booting an unattended Windows installation from a partition I move it to a partition and add a boot entry using EasyBCD It boots fine but it acts like the Autounattend xml file isn't even there So right now I have the choice of hands free installation with media or manual installation without media My main question is why the Autounattend xml file isn't working when I boot the same media from a partition Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Problems booting an unattended Windows installation from a partition

Is this some sort of school project? I can't vouch for anyone else, but I would feel terrible if I gave you information that basically did the project for you.

Usually people do this with Windows PE. Have you checked it out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222844-problems-booting-unattended-windows-installation-partition.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok I have an external hard drive GB which is partitioned into two installation booting drive an XP windows a external hard from parts One partition about gb is data and files of my booting a windows XP installation from an external hard drive own Then booting a windows XP installation from an external hard drive there is an extended partition at gb in size which contains windows xp installation files What I did was take my windows xp cd make an ISO and then extracted the iso and put the files into the extended partition of my external usb hard drive The computer I want to install to has a cd drive that is not working and thus i cannot install windows xp from a cd The BIOS of the computer DOES support booting from a USB device I have partition magic software and have used it to create the gb extended partition on the usb external drive However I don t know how to configure anything so that it will acutally know to boot from this partition and what files to use to start the installation Any ideas nbsp

A:booting a windows XP installation from an external hard drive

The partition on the external drive that contains the installation files needs to be an active partition in order to boot from it.

Personally, I would install a working CD drive. They are quite inexpensive these days.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-a-windows-xp-installation-from-an-external-hard-drive.719974/
Relevancy 53.75%

Anyone have any information on a particular problem with dell computors booting from the cd rom installation computors XP Problem and windows disk booting Dell drive or dvd drive My problem is I have tried to do a boot from my XP installation cd and Problem booting windows XP installation disk and Dell computors the resource cd both bootable discs to bring windows up into recovery console Both these disks were included in my purchase of the unit direct from Dell After doing some checking on this issue i found many suggestions on Problem booting windows XP installation disk and Dell computors how it might Problem booting windows XP installation disk and Dell computors be done So far it doesn't work the conventional way just pop it in and boot doesn't work if you reset the boot sequence and it doesn't work if you try to disable the SATA drive and different variations of turning on and off either of the two optical drives After selecting boot cdrom at the boot option window it always says cdrom is unavailable Now Dell has not posted a solution to this issue on the support web site it only suggests the doing the same steps i have tried Several users have this issue which have posted in various blogs but no one seems to have a fix Any help would be appreciated

A:Problem booting windows XP installation disk and Dell computors

What is the model of this Dell.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522682/problem-booting-windows-xp-installation-disk-and-dell-computors/
Relevancy 52.89%

I need help.

I had my MP3 player pluged into my pc via usb cable, near the end of me loading songs onto it, me PC froze then re started, but gets as far as the windows logo and shut down and re starts again this time with options to go into safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with c promt, last known configuration and normal mode.

I have tried the last known one and the same thing happens. I can get into safe mode but am unsure what to do from there.

I hope this can be fixed, as I don't have the windows and office discs

A:Windows Xp S2 Booting Issues

hmmmmmmm.....See you posted this a month ago and no response. I posted today a similar problem and have not recd answer so far. This problem must be extremly hard to diagnose or a no brainer and no one told us. . Iam moving on to another help site.

sl2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56023/windows-xp-s2-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello..

I have a hdd, and an ssd. Both have windows installed. However, to boot up from the ssd, I have to have both drives connected so the bios runs the windows boot manager, so I can select to start windows from the hhd or start windows on the ssd.

When I unplug the hhd, the bios removes the windows boot manager, leaving the ssd unable to be booted from.

When just the ssd with windows is plugged in, my computer tries to boot directly from the ssd instead of going through the windows boot manager ending with a non-bootable disk error.

Any assistance so I can remove this old hhd from my pc one and for all?

Thanks a ton guys!

A:Booting Windows from SSD issues..

try this:
1) boot from windows install dvd/usb.
2) Press Shift+F10 for cmd.
3) Type:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/booting-windows-ssd-issues-277246/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Windows XP Home Edition and one morning I tried to turn my computer on and found that windows will not boot up It goes into a continuous loop and the Windows XP screen will come up where it is thinking but will never actually bring up windows After - minutes it goes back to rebooting I have pressed F to try and change order of boot phases but am not to knowledgeable of what to do there but tried various different things to no avail I have tried Issues Windows Booting to boot in Safe Mode and other options Windows Booting Issues available on that screen but still not able to bring Windows Booting Issues windows up I have not tried to use the CD s yet as I m afraid to lose any files that I have on my Hard drive I am a lost and have tried what I know If there is any help that people may provide please help me My computer is a Compaq Presario Laptop and I had purchased in I know it s old but never had major issues until now

A:Windows Booting Issues

I've had that happen to me before. I asked around here, and got pretty much no answer. I couldn't boot in safe mode, w/o networking, or even in command prompt without it restarting.Mine didn't stop until i re-installed windows. So, instead of losing all your files, do this:Download a version of "Live Linux" (like Knoppix or Puppy Linux). When you download and burn the files to a cd, insert the cd into your malfunctioning computers CD drive. The next time it boots up, it'll boot directly to the linux OS (should, anyway). That way you can save any files you want to. E-mail them to yourself, put them on a floppy/thumb drive, send them to a friend to be retrieved later, whatever.Then, keep Knoppix or whatever Live Linux distrobution you downloaded. It's been a major factor in my computer history, since windows seems to crash about as often as you hit the "F" key on your keyboard. I still have files that are 6 years old, but have had to re-install windows at least 6 times on 2 different boxes.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55963/windows-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

ok so i had a laptop that i went to boot up and it showed the lenovo logo, then went to a white screen its the first time i have ever seen this issue. Has anyone else come across this bug and have any advise on how to fix it. im trying to fix this without having to do a reinstall if possible any ideas. thank you

A:issues with booting up windows 10 pro

Could be the display driver, have you recently updated this driver ? Do you have a Windows 10 Disc made ? Can you provide exact model number of Lenovo.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/32980-issues-booting-up-windows-10-pro.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems with my HP laptop booting back up. I moved my laptop last night from 1 place to another and it shut down. When I tried to boot back up, I received this message:

START WINDOWS NORMALLY

When I hit this message, it tries to boot back up normally and then I get a blue screen that comes up for a quick second that says:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
The message pops up so fast that I am not able to read everything on the page.
Then it repeats the whole process over and over.

Please let me know if I need to get more details from that page to determine the malfunction.

Relevancy 52.89%

My Dad's laptop running Windows crashed the other day and after running Startup Repair it found that compbatt sys was corrupt I tried copying over a good version from my pc amp recovery partition but that only resulted in a blue screen Today I attempted to do an upgrade installation of Windows in order to preserve his files etc We have a backup but he's not sure on it's content I was able to boot off of the Win DVD and select Upgrade Installation but then it stops and a message pops up paraphrasing here that I need to boot into Windows for it to proceed As I am unable to boot into Windows due to the corrupt system file I'm asking booting 7 Installation DVD into Windows 10 via Windows Upgrade without for a way to force Windows to proceed with the Upgrade Installation WITHOUT Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7 having to boot into Windows I've prepared my Dad for the fact that we may need to do a clean install or and suggested we'd have to pull the HDD Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7 from his laptop and use my HDD cradle to scavenge for any files but his laptop would take full disassembly remove keyboard etc to get to the HDD Thanks for any help in allowing us to proceed with the Win Upgrade Installation without having to boot into Win which is corrupt Googling hasn't given me any clue thus far Looking forward to people smarter than me helping me to a path forward without a loss of data and not having to take apart the laptop

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49178-windows-10-upgrade-installation-via-dvd-without-booting-into-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My Dad's laptop running Windows crashed the other day and after running Startup Repair it found that compbatt sys was corrupt I tried copying over a good version from my pc amp recovery partition 10 via Installation 7 without DVD booting Windows Windows Upgrade into but that only resulted in a blue Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7 screen Today I attempted to do an upgrade installation of Windows in order to preserve his files etc We have a backup but he's not sure on it's content I was able Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7 to boot off of the Win DVD and select Upgrade Installation but then it stops and a message pops up paraphrasing here that I need to boot into Windows Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7 for it to proceed As I am unable to boot into Windows due to the corrupt system file I'm asking for a way to force Windows to proceed with the Upgrade Installation WITHOUT having to boot into Windows I've prepared my Dad for the fact that we may need to do a clean install or and suggested we'd have to pull the HDD from his laptop and use my HDD cradle to scavenge for any files but his laptop would take full disassembly remove keyboard etc to get to the HDD Thanks for any help in allowing us to proceed with the Win Upgrade Installation without having to boot into Win which is corrupt Googling hasn't given me any clue thus far Looking forward to people smarter than me helping me to a path forward without a loss of data and not having to take apart the laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/395637-windows-10-upgrade-installation-via-dvd-without-booting-into-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer would not boot Windows I am getting a error message
"Diskette drive 0 seek failure"
"System volume on disk is corrupt"
what should i do I cant get on safe mode either or run a system restore

A:Windows Vista booting issues

Is there a disk in the floppy drive?
Have you been getting disk errors or strange behavior previous to this error during boot?

If the hard drive is dying or dead you may be able to backup your important data by using a Windows PE boot disk, a linux live CD or something like Norton Ghost.

If you don't need anything on the disk, try to run a drive diagnostic using a boot disk and see what errors, if any, are returned.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-issues-547617.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I am not sure that this topic is in the right section but here goes I have a portable bootable Windows XP Professional SP built with USBoot on my Toshiba GB external USB HDD It works perfectly for when I run virus scanners and cleaning utilities at work as well as do photo editing and d modeling at school The only problem is I ve been able to boot it on every computer that supports USB so far except for my own computer at home My home computer is a Dell Dimension and it does support booting from USB devices I use to run Slax and then Kubuntu off of it and they booted fine off the drive on my home system but it was frustrating to have to deal with their incompatibilities in a mostly Microsoft world Unfortunately now when I try to boot portable windows from it on my home system I get quot Error Loading Operating System quot Windows issues XP Portable Booting which leads me to believe that the Bios is at fault An idea I had was to bootkick it from some CD or use some form of boot loader that points to the USB drive and doesn t fully rely on the Bios ability to boot it But I have no idea how to do that for Windows XP alone or if it s even possible What would be really cool is if the CD could also help with booting it on systems which their Bios doesn t support USB booting But if there s some other way that I can use to make this work I would love to hear about it It s AM and I m tired so I m not sure if I included everything that s needed but Portable Windows XP Booting issues as far as I know that s all I have to say Any Suggestions or Help would be very much appreciated

A:Portable Windows XP Booting issues

Hi There

Its actually not a good idea to have windows XP on a portable drive as when you move it to a diffrent PC the configuration of the OS changes to that PC, So I would recommend Installing XP onto your home drive and do not try booting XP from a portable HDD again as this damages the files on the disk as the OS has to install new devices everytime itstarts

What you could try at work is , go system properties , advanced , enviroment varibles and set the following system varibles :Varible Name: devmgr_Show_non_present_devices Varible Value : 1

Now go to device manager and click show all devices (hidden devices) , the one's that are greyed or washed out icons , you could uninstall without affecting your system. This should work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231519/portable-windows-xp-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm not good with this sort of 8 WINDOWS BOOTING ISSUES NOT & XUBUNTU tech I installed Xubuntu on my LENOVO G laptop I followed a tutorial telling me switch to UEFI mode or something and to make laptop boot from USB I put Xubuntu on my USB All seemed fine but now when I turn my laptop on I can't choose to boot into windows or Xubuntu its just always Xubuntu and a black screen saying grub and the only option on that screen that works is Ubuntu It is such a bad install that Xubuntu did not even have the software centre and so I can't install anything Xubuntu works without XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES having my USB in which is annoying as I would have preferred USB boot into Xubuntu otherwise default windows or windows and xubuntu showing side by side as a dual boot so I can select which one I want to boot into Please anyone help me get back into windows I've XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES read I need a windows bootable usb iso I was lucky to find on Xubuntu desktop a folder by the name of WINDOWS OS And it has files from when I used windows I don't want to lose these files or programs Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/xubuntu-amp-windows-8-not-booting-issues-4608664/
Relevancy 52.46%

So I recently installed some windows updates on my desktop and then I started getting some crazy boot errors I would get Kernal stack inpage error or on some reboots I d get unmountable boot volume When I boot up now the CPU gets to the issues Booting Windows with XP Multiple page where it says Microsoft Windows XP and then it restarts itself automatically and Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues then gives me the option to boot XP home edition or Windows recovery console for about seconds and then I get the option to try it in all the safe modes which don t work because it gets stuck at gagp kx sys and then automatically reboots If I choose last know good configuration it just reboots itself It s become a cycle that never stops with the reboots I ve gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk f but if I can t boot xp that does me no good This old desktop didn t come with the installation disk either I ve searched all around but nobody else seems to have this exact issue Any help would be greatly appreciated Chris

A:Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues

I've gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk /f but if I can't boot xp that does me no good.chkdsk (chkdsk /f is one option) can be run from the Recovery Console which it seems, you already have installed on the system to boot into. HOWEVER ... given some of your "crazy boot errors" ... I recommend that you first run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, because I suspect your hard drive may be failing.What is the brand (manufacturer's name) of the hard drive in question?To determine the hard drive manufacturer ... there are two ways you could do this:Open the box and read the label on the hard drive (you may have to remove the hard drive to see the label?).Enter the BIOS Setup Menu, and look at the information presented about the hard drive that is detected (if you have more than one hard drive, make sure it is the one that your Windows system is on): It will probably display the model number ... if not the brand name ... and then we can check that model number to determine the manufacturer.
Start tapping the appropriate key (usually the DELETE key) after powering-on the system, to enter the BIOS Setup Menu:
How To Access the BIOS Setup UtilityPlease let us know that information and I will be able to link you to the correct tool to download, and provide instructions to run the test.Edit: Correct BBCode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418890/windows-xp-with-multiple-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello This is my first post to this forum but hopefully a Booting 2000 Issues Windows good one I have a PC running win k A few days ago it displayed the message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt windows root Windows 2000 Booting Issues gt system ntoskrnl exe Please reinstall a copy of the above file After reading about the problem I decided to boot the computer from my win k CD and select to repair the windows installation from my emergency disk Well that took care of the message displaying but now windows does not attempt to boot at all Here is the twist I have a seagate GB hard drive installed on the PC via a SIIG PCI UltraATA controller card Since this is the case I had to press F when running the recovery CD and insert my controller card driver floppy disk Since the recovery process accurately found and checked my hard drive I figured that would fix everything But now after rebooting it almost seems like it is not even trying to access the hard drive to boot windows anymore After going thru the motherboard BIOS and then the controller card BIOS it seems like it gives up just a blank black screen and perhaps cannot find the hard drive Do I need to re-install my controller card drivers again even though I installed them during recovery when I pressed F and inserted the driver disk If so how and where do I install them I can still get to the hard drive using quot DOS quot in win k CD recovery console so I know the physical connection is there Any help would be greatly appreciated I have alot of data on the hard drive and would prefer not to lose it Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Booting Issues

Try doing a repair again, frantically hit the f6 key as before to install the drivers. This time do a fast repair and select all three options. I can't recall their names. If you can't see what i'm talking about let me know and i'll do it on a machine at work tomorrow.

Then try to boot to windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-booting-issues.18343/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a H55M-S2V rev 1-4 motherboard specs http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3601#ov and i recently bought a 2x4GB hyperx fury blue RAM http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX316C10FK2_8.PDF. I think its compatible ... After inserting the ram the computer freezes at the windows 8.1 logo and goes into a boot loop. I have tried setting it up manually in the BIOS changing the frequancy settings, setting up the timings manually as instructed in the memory page changing the voltage i have reseted the cmos a few times but nothing seemes to be working any help would be appreciated ... Im running a windows 8.1 64bit , have an i5 650 processor , r9 270x asust top 2gb graphics card and my PSU is ATX 900w v 2.3 Everything worked fine with my previous ram kingston 4gb 1333mhz Sorry if i messed something up ...

Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having problems installing a copy of Win7 Home Premium 32-bit. I bought it off Newegg (OEM System Builder Pack).

I have 3 HDDs plugged into my computer right now, all working fine. I have an 80GB, 1TB, and a 2TB, I need to install Win7 onto the 2TB. I've tried the boot setup previously as:
DVD Drive
80GB
2TB
1TB

No luck, I've also tried with just the DVD and 2TB, with still no luck (DVD drive was also ordered first that instance). The problem I've come upon was a blinking underscore. I couldn't find help for this problem from any other sources, via Google.

Also, DVD drive is working fine, scanning other discs well.

EDIT: Oh, and all 3 HDDs are plugged in correctly. ie, each has a SATA and power connection. Also should note that the 2TB is formatted, other two HDDs have stuff on them, lol.

Relevancy 52.03%

So backstory time I built a desktop and threw in my laptop HDD and installed the proper drivers and everything was perfect Then I decided I should probs get rid of my Music partition and instead integrate it into my main Windows one not even sure why I made a separate partition So I went into another Windows install on a separate HDD and copied over my music to transfer back to my HDD since I don't have enough space on it Then here's what seems to have messed it up I deleted the Music partion which removing partition issues booting after 8.1 Windows was to the Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition left of Windows and extended the laptop Windows HDD inside a different Windows drive Now when I try and boot with either System Reserved or Windows as active it takes - minutes on quot Preparing Windows quot after I sign in it just boots to black desktop with a mouse ctrl alt delete pops up right but task manager doesn't open ctrl L also locks the PC It has the same results with Safe Mode with Networking enabled ScanOS shows no Windows OSes I have no restore points made so I gotta figure out what to do I have Pro that I will upgrade to as Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition soon as Windows works Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition again as the OEM code from the laptop doesn't work on the desktop Honestly if you can tell me a way to keep my programs and Appdata working fine on a fresh Pro install it'll work perfectly

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64705-windows-8-1-booting-issues-after-removing-partition.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having some troubles trying to get Ubuntu bit dual-booted with Windows bit Firstly I burned the latest ISO from the official Ubuntu website to an GB USB formatted to FAT- using Universal-USB-Installer I then restarted my computer and changed the USB boot order to position proceeding to dual and 10 Windows Ubuntu Issues 15.10 booting boot through the USB and then selected the 'Try ubuntu' option The computer successfully launched into the Ubuntu operating system however when I selected the install desktop icon and have confirmed setup installation I am greeted with the following error Force UEFI Installation This machines's firmware has started this installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there maybe existing operating systems already installed using BIOS compatibility mode If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode it might be difficult to reboot into any BIOS-mode operating system I looked around to find the cause I've tried disabling Fast Boot in the BIOS Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10 and Windows operating system as well as looking for alternative installation approaches using Legacy non UEFI BIOS however the issue still seems to be occurring Could anyone help me with this please can provide more information on request

A:Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10

This tutorial worked for me:

Installing Ubuntu/Linux Mint on UEFI System with Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...ndows-8-8-1-10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36742-issues-dual-booting-ubuntu-15-10-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer doesn t seem to want to boot however when it does actually boot and run windows it works fine as far as i can tell in the systems configurations all the devices show to be working properly this is my st build and i am learning as i go any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated note whenever i get the computer booted and running it works fine but when i shut it down and then turn it back on later i have to start all over again i get error messages and a blue screen system specs ASUS M N TD MOTHERBOARD ASUS N- WIRELESS CARD ADAPTER ASUS ENGTS X GRAPHICS dump with issues/crash 7 windows booting CARDS APEVIA WARLOCK WATT PSU AMD PHENOM IIX PROCESSOR ASUS DVD - RW SATA PLUGINS SEAGATE BARRACUDA RPM MB CACHE TB INTERNAL HDD SATA PLUGINS WINDOWS BIT FULL OEM VERSION ONBOARD COOLERMASTER CASE FANS X MM AND X MM error codes are as follows x x fb xfffff f xfffff f xfffff c f x x booting issues/crash dump with windows 7 xfffff a c xfffff a cc x their seems to be different error codes on each unsuccessful boot however when windows does load properly the computer works fine or until i try to download example downloading drivers then i get the blue screen with the crash dump

A:booting issues/crash dump with windows 7

STOP 24 errors...can indicate a problem with either the NTFS file system...the hard drive itself...or Windows file ntfs.sys.I would try the chkdsk /r command equivalent in Win 7, http://www.webtlk.com/2010/02/25/how-to-fi...d-in-windows-7/.If that fails, it's probably the file system or hard drive, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347653/booting-issuescrash-dump-with-windows-7/
Relevancy 51.6%

So, I'm installing SP3 on an old laptop with only 192MB of RAM. Needless to say, the process is running excruciatingly slow.

Anyway, I've noticed during the file backup phase, the SP3 installer has complained about various files not being able to be copied to the backup location. The files DO exist and if I cancel the retry dialog and tell the setup process to proceed, it continues just fine. What concerns me is I've run into about I don't know.. 30 maybe files or so the SP3 installer couldn't copy as part of its back up process. Now, it's backing up the registry.

Should I continue with the SP3 installation or is the problem described above an indication that I should bail on the installation?

The system DID have an adware and malware infection, which I removed with Malwarebytes and AntiVir.

Thanks!

Peace...

Relevancy 51.6%

Oh boy what a mess Yesterday I upgraded my AVG to AVG I installed AVG on top of the existing AVG as grisoft recommends It uninstalls AVG in the process However it uninstalled more than it should have That is issue I can no longer run my WAKEUP NEWS alarm clock program I get quot run-time error quot quot Can t load or Solved: issues AVG7 installation register custom control CSRAS OCX The file exists in c windows system W system I tried to force it to register by running REGSVR exe CSRAS OCX at the DOS prompt It returns the error message quot LoadLibrary csras ocx failed - one of the files needed to run this application cannot be found quot Can someone please run DEPENDS EXE on SCRAS OCX and reply letting me know what files are needed for this to work Then maybe I can figure out what got lost or damaged I do have other issues here but I ll treat them later Thanks OldJoe nbsp

A:Solved: AVG7 installation issues

OK, I found it.... Grisoft's uninstall of AVG6 removed "MFC42.DLL" file from the
C:\Windows\System folder. This is a shared file and should not be taken out.
(I wonder what else they took???)

Tell everyone who has been here to replace the file in their system folder by
copying it from another folder (like aolshare) back into the system folder.
Use "find files" to see where it may be found on one's hard drive.

OldJoe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-avg7-installation-issues.299235/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, so my account has administrator access, I just installed a bunch of other programs with no issues, but I cannot install warcraft 3( link) or Runes of Magic( link)..

The reason it gives me for this is as such:

The error it gives me for Runes of magic is quite similar:

I'm running Windows XP, SP3.... any hints on what I can try?

A:[SOLVED] Warcraft 3 installation issues.

I tried installing Kingdom Heros( link), and am getting similar responses:

But, I just installed uTorrent( link), and the installation was completely successful with no errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-warcraft-3-installation-issues-493340.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I have recently run into some problems with my windows home premium -bit Hardware if relevant Intel i - QM processor ATI Radeon HD INTEL Intel X -M GB SSD Solid State Drive nm quot SATA- mm MLC GB SATA RPM quot DOn t remember the name of the RAM Solved: issues installation/storing but GB DDR Problem I can t start some installation files I double click them windows asks me if I want to let it make changes on my hard drive I click yes and Solved: installation/storing issues the proces ends This only applies to some installation files - so far This is both downloaded file and files on a DVD Problem Similar to the first problem but in stead of asking me if I want to allow it to make changes to the hard drive it comes with the error quot path not found quot Problem WIMP similar to spotify told me yesterday that it couldn t save my preferences to a local file because of permissions this has not been a problem the last few months Problem Trying to start a game through Steam makes that game start in a small windowed mode and it can t find my savegames Problem Had a couple of freezes Problem My windows is unable to restart into quot restore mode quot I have no idea what it is called in english versions of the OS but it basicly lets you return the OS to factory default Problem My manufacturer s solution to the problem was tapping F at startup to get the advanced menu up where there should be a repair windows option wich would let me restore windows to it s original state It wasn t there Why would I put all this into one post Well it all happened around the same time during the last week or so so I figured they are all connected And what have I done before coming here I have run every fixit program I could find on microsofts pages that remotely could be connected They told me they fixed some problems but they didn t fix any problems I knew about and therefore didn t solve the issues I am having I have run CCleaner SuperAntiSPyware selecting it to search through everything AVG Scan I have tried turning off firewall I have tried starting one setup file from safe mode I have run a mem test EDIT I have also tried running them as administrator Normally I manage to fix any problem jumping up on me in wondows at least set it back to factory default but this time I met a wall Anyone able to help me find a solution nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey So I had a problem today in which Windows decided that it wouldn't boot Instead it would just reboot constantly This happened after I heard a ticking repair trying reinstall booting, Issues with Windows Windows and to noise from my computer things started to freeze and so i had to restart When I tried to turn it back on I had the above problem NOW I Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall tried to use Windows Repair option that is there by default It loads up the blue windows background gives me a pointer but then doesnt do anything I have a W repair disc I booted to it That too done the exact Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall same thing it lets me choose the language keyboard style to use and then sits on the blue windows background and gives me no options Finally I have a full W installation disc that I booted to I tried the repair option and got the same problem as before I also clicked the quot Install Now quot button and it has been stuck on quot setup is starting quot for over minutes now with no hope of it doing anything So currently I cannot repair or install Windows I assumed it was a harddrive failure but why wont my disc based solutiions even work Any help would be great thanks

A:Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

Brumski some system specs mate please that ticking sound sounds like a hard drive to me but without any specs mate it is hard to tell you what to do.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311094-issues-windows-booting-windows-repair-trying-reinstall.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I'm having quite a few issues with my computer and just don't know enough to know what to do or where to start with what the root problem s are or if this is even the right board to post to I just want my computer to a point where it runs well again and to keep it that way Here's some info about my computer I hope it's helpful to start with & Issues Vista...Booting/Fan Slow Windows running Windows Vista Dell Vostro VOSTRO Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GB RAM -bit Operating Windows Vista...Booting/Fan Issues & Slow running System Here are the biggest issues lately On startup the fan runs really hard and fast almost like an engine revving up It also does it if the computer has gone to sleep after inactivity If the screen is left on the computer will wake itself back up after a period of time and the fan will rev like it does on startup This doesn't seem like a good thing but I have no clue what to do Recently I've been deleting old photos and files that aren't needed and using Slim Cleaner to clean up my computer to help it run better Today something happened after I did a run with the program and I started getting messages every time I navigated to a new page in firefox that said Adobe Flash r or something like it has stopped working I updated my firefox and went to reboot my system and it didn't want to reboot I had to hit ctl alt del to get to the option to go to boot system and managed to get my computer going that way I'm not sure if this is an internet problem or a computer problem our browser has been ridiculously slow and not responding To navigate to simple html pages is even an issue how do I know if this is my computer having trouble running firefox or the internet service What other info is needed to help Thanks for any help you can offer

A:Windows Vista...Booting/Fan Issues & Slow running

Can't anyone help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-fan-issues-and-slow-running-707097.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi nbsp I have updated my laptop to inspiron Z to windows on july After upgrading wifi options and wifi settings didn t show up in the settings menu I tried to run dell diagnostic tools but nbsp all the results are shown as nbsp windows issues 10 Dell Inspiron ?? 14Z booting 5423 quot passed quot how could it happen and i thought it might be due to driver issues and tried to re-install the wifi Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423 windows 10 booting issues ?? drivers to my surprise i couldn t nbsp find any drivers in the dell site and nbsp after performing quot detect service tag for driver update quot it says drivers are upto date nbsp So after complete disappointment i rolled back my OS to windows and everything worked fine Again on august st a menu popped nbsp up on my laptop saying your laptop nbsp is good to upgrade as nbsp DELL team tested and no sign of any issues bla bla I thought may be this time the upgrade may work and updated my OS and again disappointed to notice that wifi failed to detect in windows So left nbsp with no option i tried nbsp quot Reset quot option in windows for clean install nbsp This time wifi worked and i am happy and nbsp quot sound quot failed to detect Again ran all those dell diagnostics all the results show quot passed quot Tried to download dell sound drivers from dell site but i could not see anything in the site while running tests in the boot menu i have encountered nbsp blue screen error and from then my laptop failed to boot and i could only hear beep sounds Tried resetting the button underneath the latoptop but no use Any other Z users facing the same issue

A:Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423 windows 10 booting issues ??

Hi douglas, 
      Does  your laptop have warranty?. if so you can call dell support to fix the laptop
sgasrock
I think i have a possible solution by replacing cmos battery. since i don't have warranty and majority of the tech people  bluntly say it is motherboard or chipset failure. please open the youtube link and find a "James C" comment which says he fixed the 3 beeps  by changing a cmos battery
www.youtube.com/watch
I suggest this solution ..only if you dont have warranty and moreover i was thinking to change cmos battery after purchasing it

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19645320
Relevancy 51.17%

After having recently reinstalled Windows XP Home ed I loaded up Windows Update to get myself as protected as one can get with XP. Anyway I got all the security updates for SP1 and I downloaded SP2 however whenever I attempt to install it It goes as far as creating a file called sp2.cab and then I get a standard Red x error message telling me that 'The process terminated unexpectedly' with an option of OK. Selecting Ok brings a pop up box with Service Pack 2 installation did not complete'

My question is thus, how can I either get it to install properly or delete the files I downloaded so I can try to download it again to see if that will work.

I've got Norton Internet Security 2007 if that could be causing issues but I disabled it for the purpose of testing it and I'm getting the same error message

A:[SOLVED] Issues with SP2 installation - closing suddenly

You do not need to download the updates prior to SP2 . . it includes all the prior updates. In fact, the best time to upgrade to SP2 is immediately after installing XP . . before any drivers, applications or updates.

Try downloading the full update package here, it will usually go in when the Windows update package will not.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

And be sure to disable any anti-virus or anti=spyware programs for the upgrade

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-issues-with-sp2-installation-closing-suddenly-165664.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just for a used Dell E6510
I installed enterprise Windows 7 64
I also installed free fall sensor.
I have been unable to install Broadcom USH and Network Controller.
Under Broadcom Properties > Details > Hardware Ids I have
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_5800&REV_0101&MI_00
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_5800&MI_00
and Under Network Controller Properties > Details > Hardware Ids I have
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&SUBSYS_13218086&REV_35
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&SUBSYS_13218086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&CC_0280
On Dell Drivers web page I searched and found the following drivers
R242805
Dell_ControlPoint-Security-D_A18_R269916
I was still unable install the drivers.
I have limited technical skills.
Please advise

Relevancy 51.17%

I recently dusted off my software collection and I decided to install Greetings Workshop into my computer I m currently running under Windows XP I popped the cd into the tray and it proceeded to bring up the window where you can select to install the program or quit After pushing the install button a bit Windows Subsystem warning pops up In the body it says quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM AUTOEXEC NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows installation Solved: issues Greetings Workshop 1996 applications Chose Close to terminate the application quot There are two buttons entitled close and ignore If I push on close it obviously closes the program If I push ignore the process freezes and I am forced to CTRL-ALT-DEL the sucker I ve been surfing the net for a while and I can t find any information on this dinosauric program My family absolutely loves it and I would appreciate any help from anyone Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Good morning I installation issues Old Card Solved: Flash have a couple PCMCIA flash cards that I require for firmware rom updates When I plug the cards into my laptop the windows found new hardware bubble appears and shows the name of the devices but Solved: Old Flash Card installation issues when Solved: Old Flash Card installation issues the wizard attempts to install them they fail stating that there are no drivers available I have attempted to search for these drivers online with no avail Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these cards working I have received the same results on different computers all of which are running windows XP with all updates Both Home and Professional My laptop also runs Vista in a dual-boot environment also getting the same results Here are the specs on the cards - Fujitsu MB Flash Card - FNH shows MB A Series - Stamped with - S T - CiscoSystems Flash Intel Series MB Memory Card - FNH shows Intel S E SW - Stamped with iMC FLSP- -S M Any assistance or information on why this is not working would be greatly appreciated Chris nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Today I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my D:/ Drive with already dual boot Windows 7 on C:/Drive and Ubuntu also.
Ubuntu is working fine but when i select the Windows 7 Option the computer loads up the files for automatic repair.

I don't know what had gone wrong.Windows 8 and Ubuntu are working fine.But not Windows 7 ! Help me !
How do i uninstall the Windows8 to get the older GRUB displaying the two options at boot up-Windows 7 and Ubuntu or if there is a way to make Windows 7 working with Windows 8 and Ubuntu

A:Windows 7 not booting after installation of Windows 8 ! Help !

Since you have ubuntu in the mix I can't even be sure if grub is the problem or if the windows bootmgr is the problem. Grub doesn't take well to changes and the bootmgr isn't a heck of a lot better at dealing with them.

You can try a startup repair, but as I said since grub is involved it will likely fail.
Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/217797-windows-7-not-booting-after-installation-windows-8-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've an Acer Aspire T, which had Windows 8 preloaded.  I wanted Windows 7, so I purchased an OEM disc from Microsoft.  Running the disk failed multip-le times, until I enabled CSM in the BIOS.  The install disc ran this time, but it loaded with very strange graphics: blotchy parts, a highly-pixellated display, and unclear screen dimensions.  I continued through with the installation, and everything worked.  Upon the final reboot, the system maintained those strange graphics, and even failed to recognize ethernet cables.  I tried reinstalling chipset drivers, ethernet port drivers (so I could update everything else that way), but no dice.  I am completely confused as to what to do.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Windows-7-Installation-Issues/td-p/466825
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys,

I've tried installing build 7057 several times to different disks and from different sources but each time the installation is successful, but then on first boot I get a dekstop with cursor and nothing else (except the watermark in bottom right).

I tried ctrl+alt+del but nothing happens, left it for hours but no change and safe mode says you cant complete the installation in safe mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

leigh

A:Windows 7 Installation Issues

Try press Ctrl + Shift + Esc... This will start Task Manager. Run a new task and type "Explorer" without the quotes in the dialog box

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-issues-356398.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I installed windows XP OEM on my laptop and eliminated the partitioned hard-drive. Instead of having a 15 gig hard drive I know have only 5.62 gig. What happened to the other D: drives 10 gigs. I also have a 1.0 processor, but after the installation it shows that I only have a 695mhz processor. How can I fix this stuff.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
I am running Windows 7 Professional on a Dell XPS8200. I have tried several times to download and install Windows 10 Pro. Each time has been unsuccessful. Each time, I received the error message C1900101-4000D. I also received the message "Service registration
missing or corrupt" and Windows update error 0x80070057. However, I ran a check of my system and no registry corruption or issues were found. Please help.

Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b675a0ca-d77a-4f85-a0f1-a9502fe8eca1/windows-10-installation-issues-please-help?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I need help I tried to install win on my pc wich previously had on it the same version of win i e win but i encountered a problem so i couldn't finish the installation During installation process i wanted to do a custom installation therefore i started my pc by booting the CD containing the windows when i had to choose the partition on wich to install windows I wanted to be the same partition containing the old windows but foolishly i formated it first So after i formated it i selected it as the one on wich the windows to be installed After step COPYING WINDOWS FILES was checked installation stoped at step EXPANDING WINDOWS FILES It appeared a window that says The installation was canceled windows cannot install required files the file may be corrupt or missing Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation Error code I repeated the install process several times nothing changed I tried to start my pc normally but appears every time this Windows boot manager windows failed to start A recent hardware installation-issues Windows 7 or software change might be the cause To fix the problem insert your windows disk and restart computer choose your lang settings and click Next click Windows 7 installation-issues repair your computer I took all these steps but when i do'repair your computer' shows up a window system recovery options in wich appears another one searching for windows installations this search brings no result and the windows closes The system recovery options provides options to try but none offerred Windows 7 installation-issues me a solution Windows 7 installation-issues to finish windows installation Practically i'm stuck I looked for info online but i didn't find anything my problem Please help me Was this problem caused by me formating the partition containing old windows Either way what options do I have to make computer work I would appreciate your advices I've been struggling with this for days now Thank you in advance

A:Windows 7 installation-issues

Let's stop doing [que FDR] again and again what has not worked.  Take a very long careful look at the DVD -- are there any stray scratches, mars, blemishes, fingerprints, faults, etc.?  If so, apply a micro-filter[?] specially-designed cloth and carefully in an "across-the-tracks" motion buff out any such undesired blemishes and whatnots.  Also, get a good proper cleaning CD-DVD for the computer's cd-dvd drive.  Perhaps let dc3 or Hamlius advise 'cause they know of the best cleaning materials to buy and use.  I haven't really kept up with that part of technology, so I'll be listenin' in.
  Then, if the DVD will boot into the first blue menu, only choose the default-format HD, default-clean-install of Windows.  If you have more than one HD, if possible, dis-engage any internal or external HD until install is finished.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599612/windows-7-installation-issues/
Relevancy 50.74%

So i took the dive and decided i'm going to build my own pc im a smart guy i can handle it right? Well apparently not. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rPmWnQ that is my build now for some reason my bios is not picking up my ssd at all for me to install windows (i'm installing from a flash drive not sure if its important but the more ya know.) There is an option for me to install drivers for the storage device its not detecting within the windows installation but i can't seem to find drivers for it anywhere online and it did not come with a disk.What can i do to get it to pick up on my ssd so i can install windows. I have already ruled out it being a bad cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installation-issues.1170991/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I'm having some problems reinstalling Windows XP. I deleted the partitions on my hard drive to start on a clean slate and made 2 new ones. I put in the Windows XP cd, and the setup started. I selected the partition I wanted it installed on, and it proceeded to format it then copied the XP files to the drive. It then said it would restart and continue the setup but when it restarts it just says these two messages at the bottom as well as lists the PCI Devices:

"Verifiying DMI Pool Data ....... ......
AMD DAta Change...Update New Data to DM1!

- < that blinks really fast.

But nothing happens. The setup doesn't continue or anything. Any help would be great! Thanks.

A:Windows XP Installation Issues

Did you disconnect all external peripherals except the monitor, keyboard and mouse, and be sure those are not USB, or wireless. Any internal USB card should also be removed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-issues-510113.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Well earlier today Installation Issues. Windows 7 I upgraded to a bit win ultimate OS After the installation was about to finish and take me to the desktop screen it restarted saying fail to start or somthing simular the pc then restarted again and still failed to start win so I basicly had to do a full system recovery nowI'm not quite sure on what to do System Spec Operating Windows 7 Installation Issues. System System ModelWindows Vista Home Premium build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Kingdom GATEWAY GM B System Serial Number GSG Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Intel Corporation DG OT AAD - Serial Number BQOT J Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Intel Corp MQ J A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CD DVDW TS-H D ATA Device CD-ROM drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Hitachi HDT VLA Hard drive GB -- drive SMART Status Healthy SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device GB -- drive s n u SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'J H ' has MB serial number x Slot 'J H ' is Empty Slot 'J J ' has MB serial number x Slot 'J J ' is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB freed NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Controllers DisplayATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP Compaq FP Monitor quot vis s n CND PTK June Bus Adapters MultimediaIntel R HR HH HO SATA RAID Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Hauppauge WinTV-HVR xx Capture Device SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Virus Protection Group PoliciesNo details available None discovered Communications Other DevicesPCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Intel R V Network Connection primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A Microsoft ISATAP AdapterTeredo Tunneling Pseudo-InterfaceNetworking Dns Server Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device x Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver USB Human Interface Device Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse x eHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR Multimedia Card Reader USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy Cruzer Micro USB CF Reader USB MS Reader USB SD Reader USB SM Reader

A:Windows 7 Installation Issues.

Make your Recovery Disks if you haven't already, wipe the HD from the booted Win7 DVD, then clean reinstall. If you have an Upgrade version, you'll have to do one of the workarounds in the Clean Install tutorial to clean install without Vista on the HD:

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Before installing make sure you have the latest BIOS version for your computer or mobo model, and set the SATA controller to AHCI first, then IDE if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/104729-windows-7-installation-issues.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I need some help Please forgive me if i sound stupid I am trying to install HELP) Windows 7 Installation (PLEASE Issues Windows bit on my PC I can give you some background info I have a Dell Inspirion that came with Windows amp installed Last year I ended up getting viruses on my PC I had it cleaned and fixed The person that repaired my PC wiped everything Dell backup factory reset etc at the time Windows 7 Installation Issues (PLEASE HELP) I didn't like that the Dell backup option was gone but nothing could be done Now about a few months ago I ended up getting another virus Windows Essential and Offender could not remove the virus I was able to get the PC without any issues but I did not want to pay bills online sign into accounts etc I ended up downloding and installing Windows Evaulations from Microsoft After the PC restarted I ended up getting a signature error message I tried the system restore option that did not work I even backed up my boyfriend's PC that is a Dell Inspirion to try to restore factory reset and etc That did not work I purchased Windows repair reinstall disk that did not work Whenever I try to reisntall Windows the system complete the reinstallation process the PC restarts and go back to Installation Screen Language Time amp Currency amp Keyboard input Did it a few times same outcome Now I purchase an official Windows and bit discs I have the product key for the Windows that came with my PC when I first purchased And the same with my boyfriend's PC When I tried to install Windows bit the PC restarts and back to the Installation Screen I've tried to format the partition then install Windows bit nothing happens Once the PC restarts it goes back to Installation Screen I've looked online and forums trying to get the PC to install Windows Nothing works Please help I can provide any information on my PC if you can give me the steps or how to get the needed info I'm using a laptop to post this on the forums Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread and or did something stupid Please help Thanks

A:Windows 7 Installation Issues (PLEASE HELP)

On the first Installation reboot, remove the Windows 7 DVD from the DVD drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275636-windows-7-installation-issues-please-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys I have a problem installing Windows Vista The installation process works fine until after the st reboot that goes to quot completing installation freezes installation&amp;amp;q Vista Solved: at &amp;amp;quot;completing Windows installation quot It completely freezes at that point and after hour or so goes to a black screen where Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at &amp;amp;quot;completing installation&amp;amp;q i can see nothing but my mouse pointer I just got my laptop days ago and it s brand new Vista compatible In fact it came with Vista installed and it was working perfectly fine until I decided to reformat it so that I could check if my new hd i tried installing was the main reason for this installation failure I saw a post with similar problems explaining that the BIOS was in need to be updated but my BIOS is up to date and vista compatible My laptop specs are as follows Inspiron Intel Core Duo T GHz Mhz M L Cache GB DDR MHz MB NVIDIA GeForce Go inch Wide Screen UXGA TLLCD Integrated Network Cardand Modem X DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Intel AGN Wireless-N Mini Card Can someone please help me out Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at &amp;amp;quot;completing installation&amp;amp;q

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-installation-freezes-at-amp-amp-quot-completing-installation-amp-amp-q.595323/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I would like to dual boot windows xp and windows 7. I currently am using windows 7 but I would like to install windows xp alongside it on a separate partition. I created the partition in disk management in windows seven and I booted from my xp disk and it goes through the beginning processes and then says entering windows setup and then goes to a blue screen saying that my computer needs to be shutdown. Please help me bypass this or something. Thanks.

A:Dual-Booting Windows XP and Windows 7 Issues

You may have installed Windows Seven in the AHCI mode.
XP will blue screen because the AHCI drivers were not installed for XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221625-dual-booting-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 7 and so far it's done nothing for me except cause stress and frustration. First it tells me it cannot install to disc because it's GPT, whatever that means... So I'm told to do Shift+F10 and enter these commands:

diskpart
select disk 0
clean
convert GPT

This appeared to work but then I got a different message. It reads "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Not sure what to do from here... It managed to install Ubuntu so the HDD itself is fine. It's just Windows 7.
I'm on an Acer Aspire V531 BTW.

Please help this is my only computer....

A:Various issues with installing Windows 7 installation.

It also appears that the Next button enables now, even though I still get the message. When clicking next it copies the files and then gets stuck on expanding at 0%.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382173-various-issues-installing-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I subscribed for a VPS win 2003 server and I cannot install the aplication I need. I get the following error; I tried to replace the file msdart.dll but the same problems happen again.
I would be greatful if you have some solution.

Oliver
"The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in dynamic link library msdart.dll"

A:VPS Windows 2003, installation issues

found this solution from this article http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=58747

1. Press Shift+F10 to open up a DOS box
2. Type taskmgr.exe and press ENTER from the command line
3. When the task mananger opens, select the Processes tab
4. Select the unregmp2.exe and end it
5. Click the Applications tab
6. Select the error window and click End Task
7. The window will close, you can exit your DOS box, and continue installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vps-windows-2003-installation-issues.595659/
Relevancy 50.31%

I?ve tried clean installation of Windows 7 32bit on my DELL Inspiron 6400 laptop.
My hdd has only 1 partition so i don?t think that is the issue.It all went smoothly: copying, expanding, installing features and updates.. no problem. Then, the system showed me message - failed to log on and rebooted itself. I?ve tried everything with no results.I?ve tried upgrade advisor which did not found any problems, i upgradet my Bios.I?ve also tried to install it from Usb flash drive using original microsoft software.tried external dvd drive but nothing works.I don?t know what else to try.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, I?m desperate

A:Windows 7 vs. Laptop installation issues

What error message did it show?

Did you install by booting from the disk, or run it from another OS?

You might try booting from the disk or USB flash, choose Custom>Advanced tools and Delete all, create one New partition, then Format and install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34548-windows-7-vs-laptop-installation-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys I ve recently upgraded from Vista to Windows using the x version I ve had hardly any improvements in performance that even amount to the problems I ve been having Perhaps it is due to hardware issues or if it is my computer being outdated I am running a Asus i CG computer which came with Vista My issues are Randomly my keyboard will blink and my mouse will stutter and I cannot type without the keyboard acting on its own If I enter a sentence the registry for space will go out and other times I will have eeeeeeeeeeee typed when I pressed e once Occasionally my internet will go haywire dropping from mbps coming since Windows up 7 installation Issues of to mbps These spikes are incredibly annoying and when they do occur the above issue happens and my mouse pointer will be freezing around Issues coming up since installation of Windows 7 everywhere My computer will freeze often playing MW or watching a video and a loud very eerie buzzing noise will start up and a blue screen will occur I have not been able to further the blue screen because the information that pops up will disappear as my computer shuts off almost immediately The first and second issues usually fix itself temporarily if I do a hard reset on both my computer and modem router The Issues coming up since installation of Windows 7 third issue has prevented me from playing games on Steam as my internet connection always blows out after playing for a few minutes I m thinking that I have a virus but Malware Bytes Issues coming up since installation of Windows 7 hasn t given me any positives If there is any other information I can provide to help resolve this issue please do not hesitate to ask nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I finally built my very first desktop from scratch and it's running beautifully so lots of thanks to everyone in the hardware forum for helping me out The Windows issues installation 7 program SSD/HDD only problem I'm facing is the SSD and HDD configuration A lot of programs have trouble launching or running when installed on my HDD which is incredibly frustrating My SSD C drive is my boot drive and will be used to install demanding games on right now I have Witcher installed on it which is running perfectly My HDD E drive is my secondary drive where my documents files and relatively less demanding or less played games are stored I tried to install several games on this drive but all have launching issues For example Minecraft I installed my old Minecraft which didn't run until I manually installed a minecraft folder in Users Username Roaming so it seems it had trouble pathing to the Users folder League Windows 7 SSD/HDD program installation issues of Legends The downloaded client didn't launch from the Downloads folder which I had moved to my E drive earlier for storage purpose using 'Properties gt Move' I had to copy it into the desktop C drive for it to launch and once Windows 7 SSD/HDD program installation issues the game had installed on the E drive it wouldn't launch either Have not found any way around this yet so it's currently on my C drive The Sims I was expecting trouble with this ancient game anyway but like both games mentioned before it simply doesn't launch and tells me 'Sims Launcher has stopped working' upon trying to launch Minecraft Forge jar file Doesn't run it seems java has a pathing problem here I installed java to my E drive too I included the error file I received at the bottom of this post As with LoL once Java was installed on my SSD it ran perfectly fine Put simply it seems all my games applications I'm attempting to run from my D drive aren't launching properly Minecraft was fixeable but non of the other programs have been fixed yet and I can't seem to find a solution When first starting my computer and installing Windows I created a New Simple Volume on my HDD consisting of the entire capacity of the HDD with standard settings and the option that allows for more than TB I'm afraid I forgot what it was called there were two choices I'm unsure how to proceed I would like to run these games from my HDD but it seems I went wrong at some point I would be willing to do a clean install of windows again if it would fix my issues Any help is appreciated Attachments Forge java error Exception in thread main java lang RuntimeException javax imageio IIOException Can't create cache file at com google common base Throwables propagate Throwables java at net minecraftforge installer InstallerPanel lt init gt InstallerPanel java at net minecraftforge installer SimpleInstaller launchGui SimpleInstaller java at net minecraftforge installer SimpleInstaller main SimpleInstaller java Caused by javax imageio IIOException Can't create cache file at javax imageio ImageIO createImageInputStream Unknown Source at javax imageio ImageIO read Unknown Source at net minecraftforge installer InstallerPanel lt init gt InstallerPanel java more Caused by java nio file AccessDeniedException C Users Rose AppData Local Temp imageio tmp at sun nio fs WindowsException translateToIOException Unknown Source at sun nio fs WindowsException rethrowAsIOException Unknown Source at sun nio fs WindowsException rethrowAsIOException Unknown Source at sun nio fs WindowsFileSystemProvider newByteChannel Unknown Source at java nio file Files newByteChannel Unknown Source at java nio file Files createFile Unknown Source at java nio file TempFileHelper create Unknown Source at java nio file TempFileHelper createTempFile Unknown Source at java nio file Files createTempFile Unknown Source at javax imageio stream FileCacheImageInputStream lt init gt Unknown Source at com sun imageio spi InputStreamImageInputStreamSpi createInputStreamInstanc... Read more

A:Windows 7 SSD/HDD program installation issues

I don't game...but I do have mixtures of SSDs and hard drives.

I believe that Windows performs at optimum when Windows and installed programs are on same partition/drive.  All other files can go anywhere, IMO...since they are not the guts of the system installation.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586483/windows-7-ssdhdd-program-installation-issues/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello All I have an old computer with following configuration CPU - AMD Athlon GHz RAM - DDR - GB HDD - Seagate ATA - GB Motherboard 32 Issues 7 Installation Bit. with Windows Ultimate ASUS - Supports USB amp DVD start Issues with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit. Installation up LG - DVD CD ROM Drive MAD DOG DVD ROM Drive - Working Recently I tried to install a fresh copy of Windows Ultimate edition in my system here is what's happening First it loads Windows is loading Files Screen for few minutes Next after getting Windows Blue Graphics screen which we usually see before Issues with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit. Installation set up window opens I had to wait for to minutes just get the Installation Overview Window After I select Edition amp Language etc Issues with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit. Installation and Type of Windows Installation I need after I click 'Next' I had to wait for to minutes more just to get the Disk Partitioning Window to select installation location Then after formatting partition chose it to installing windows it takes almost to minutes of time just to get installed Later after installation finishes and computer restarts I get nothing it's just a blank screen even after restarting and going to Safe Mode also I am not able to see any Desktop Please help me how can I get my Windows Work in my PC Note I have installed Windows Professional few years back on the same computer without any issues Thanks for your time Sudhir

A:Issues with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit. Installation

So why not just install Pro again ?

Where did you get the 32 bit Ultimate install dvd from ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351136-issues-windows-7-ultimate-32-bit-installation.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I ran Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and followed all of the instructions to make sure my computer was ready for the upgrade. Now the installation won't run because it says I still need to delete Trend Micro Antivirus and Google Toolbar, both of which I have already deleted. I have searched my computer and deleted anything and everything that had Google or Trend Micro on it. It still won't finish. When I deleted everything, I used Control Panel> Uninstall Programs.

My computer is an HP Pavillion Media Center m8100n TV PC, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, 3072MB System Memory, 500GB Hard drive, 3.0 GB RAM, and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz.

Is there anywhere else I need to look for these files, or do you have any general suggestions on the upgrade?

A:Windows 7 Installation Compatibility Issues

Is there any reason in specific you are running the UA? As far as general suggestions, I would advise backing up your data and doing a clean install instead of the upgrade. The clean install will allow Windows 7 to run as smooth as possible and will also help if you have any future issues. I attached a few links that may help you. The first is for general media [non-upgrade media]. The second is specific for upgrade media. Also, don't hesitate about coming back if you have any issues. Just remember to search first.

Clean Install Windows 7[2]=General%20Tips
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version[2]=General%20Tips

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49664-windows-7-installation-compatibility-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I had some issues on my computer a few viruses as well as I somehow screwed up some system files I figured it was time to reinstall windows again so I deleted my only HDD partition created a new partition formatted that partition and reinstalled windows without touching any settings or options windows were acting weired they would pop up active I d click them and on Installation fresh Issues Windows they would de-activate then I d have Issues on fresh Windows Installation to wait like seconds and then I could click them and they acted normal same happens with task bar and start menu however task manager and any other process that has above normal CPU priority has this delay for under a second and also Issues on fresh Windows Installation I can t drag icons around desktop Issues on fresh Windows Installation I can drag onto my desktop drag off of my desktop rearange via the right click menu and delete things no options in the right click menu will help both these errors started before I reinstalled windows and were mostly the reason for the reinstall although before no click and drag would work anywhere for anything but now its just desktop rearrange I really hope that I can get an answer to these problems since a format didn t get rid of it and the hardware is the same as before I really don t know what s going on thanks in advance nbsp

A:Issues on fresh Windows Installation

nvm I figured it out. my mouse was messed up so the middle button was always clicked. I just got a new mouse and it all works now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-on-fresh-windows-installation.733034/
Relevancy 50.31%

I ran into an issue recently with Dell E with I U CPU and dedicated graphics card The entire system stops responding randomly and gets worse after some time The fix I found was to update the Bios firmware from dells drivers website Released Jan th When attempting to upgrade the bios of the processes will fail A second update to the bios firmware will complete one of the steps needed to update all areas of the bios So update the bios twice back to back After this attempt to boot into windows It will likely still E5570 Firmware Windows Booting issues, Bios Dell Crashes, not work What I found was to shut down unplug the power cord then wait seconds then plug back in This should restore the OS to working condition This happened to Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware me on brand new machines I attached some pictures that will show the weird issues that were occurring If you have similar issues then its likely the bios You will need another machine to download the bios exe file onto Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware a flash drive Insert flash drive then when you boot up the computer and see the dell logo push delete a few times until you see the text on the upper right then push f several times until you get in Then go to bios firmware update Select browse then click on the bios exe file you downloaded Takes a few minutes to install the firmware that will fail to complete the first time DO NOT SHUT OFF THE COMPUTER DURING BIOS UPDATE PROCESS Btw these machines were only a few hours old when this started Track pad would not respond properly random windows freezing SSD would not load OS random firmware update failure with no attempt to update Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware the firmware screen turning purple flickering screen etc Good luck

A:Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware

this just happened to me after doing the a07 bios update.  it failed on the firmware and then crashed on reboot.  it is now trying to do a repair and that is not working either

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670741
Relevancy 49.88%

I PCI Solved: adapter installation Netgear issues Wireless WN311B seem to have a history with Netgear I think my father got some sort of bundle from them so all our Wireless networking gear Solved: Netgear WN311B PCI Wireless adapter installation issues has been Netgear I ve kept up this trend recently buying a WN v USB adapter for my new computer Recently my friends and I have come to the conclusion that the USB adapter due to being USB and not of very high bandwidth is the reason I sometimes drop out of Skype calls while playing certain games Other than this it works pretty well In any case I recently purchased a Netgear WN B PCI Wireless adapter to replace it and attempted to install it I should probably mention that before I did this I transferred my old Netgear WG T Wireless PCI adapter from my XP machine where it worked well if sporadically and attempted to install that Although installation would go fine it would leave the device in Device Manager with a triangular yellow warning sign over it and refuse to connect to the internet With the new WN B installation doesn t even get that far I follow Netgears installation instructions to the letter install the software first install the device then reboot The installation instructions lead me to believe that a second set of dialog boxes should appear after the reboot but in both the cases of the WG T and the WN B they do not appear Downloading the latest software from the Netgear website does not make a difference While I d expect the WG T to possibly not be supported in Windows I d expect the newer adapter to be I should also note that the WN B does not seem to register correctly in Device Manager appearing as Broadcall n or something like it It appears I should have researched a bit further into this adapter before shelling out for it as although the Netgear website led me to believe it was Windows Compatible the internet seems to be littered with similar issues However many of these threads have dates back in and make reference to the Windows Beta None of them seem to come to any real conclusion With reference to the WG T there was talk of disabling automatic driver signing but I m not going to compromise my system simply to get a piece of hardware running from a company who clearly cant be bothered updating their drivers My question is this does any know for certain that this adapter does not or does work with Windows and if so how do you get it to work If not can anyone recommend a solid PCI wireless adapter in to mbps range I was thinking of something from Linksys nbsp

A:Solved: Netgear WN311B PCI Wireless adapter installation issues

Never mind. Sent it back and bought a Wireless access point instead. Works like a charm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-wn311b-pci-wireless-adapter-installation-issues.939241/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, all. I'm in the middle of installing Windows 7 Pro x64, but it's giving me the message "Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unstable Windows installation". This occurs after I click "Load Driver" and select my Rapid Storage Tech driver from my USB stick.

This is the driver I'm trying to install: Lenovo Support - Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) and XP (64-bit) - ThinkPad

I've even tried rebuilding my Windows 7 image in RT Seven Lite with the "Force Unsigned driver integration" checkbox checked. I still get the message after burning that ISO, and retrying the installation. How do I force unsigned driver installation?

A:[SOLVED] Unsigned Driver Installation During Windows 7 Installation

Nevermind, I just let the install finish as normal, and I haven't gotten any bluescreens. For future thread visitors, just make sure your SATA mode in the BIOS is set to "AHCI", and not "Compatibility", and you should be fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unsigned-driver-installation-during-windows-7-installation-573948.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, I'm having some problems installing Windows XP: Home Edition on my computer. This is a fresh install on a brand new Hdd. I've eliminated it being an hdd or bad xp disk issue, as I've tried both of my disks on multiple hdds, and i only run into the problem on one computer. It goes through the formatting, and copying of the files. But the problem is with the reboot halfway through the installation. It boots back up, POSTS and goes to a black screen with a little green dot in one corner and that's where it stops. Any ideas for what could be causing this? Thanks

-Jerry

A:Windows xp Home Edition installation issues.

2 things to try, 1st remove all but 1 of the sticks of ram from the machine. if u get the same problem remove that stick and use another. 2nd remove your graphics card and do the install with the on board graphics chip if u have one. Also it is not advisable to overclock while doing an install of windows. if u are oced then reset the clocks and memory timings, do the install and overclock again when the install is complete

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ oced @ 2.6 Gz
ECS N-Force 4 A-939 K8 HT2000
2 GB DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) CR 1T
PCI-E XFX GeForce 7600 GT oced @ C/M 701/862 Mhz
250 GB Maxtor 7Y250M0 SATA HDD
160 GB Western Digital WD1600JD-75HBB0 SATA HDD
Sound Blaster live 5.1 digital audio
Xerox TFT 8ms 19" LCD Flat screen and 19" Philips 1095 running in duelview
Logitech mx 518 gaming grade laser guide mouse
Windows XP x64 Proffesional
All chipsets water cooled by the Vantec Stingray with Fluid XP+
2x12" bass drivers crossed @ 120mhz, 4x6" mid drivers combined with
2 baby bum horns and 2 tweeters together running @ 250 watts RMS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-home-edition-installation-issues-114382.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I recently decided to upgrade my older pc from XP to W7 as some software I wanted to use will not work in XP or W8 which I have on my laptop....after 3 days of hell just trying to get W7 to install I thought I was over the problems when I finally got it to work, I was wrong!!

It all appears to be setup ok, user accounts etc....but when I try to update drivers, install a printer, load anti virus, the usual sort of stuff, well the item I am installing just stops responding & loading midway through installation, no matter what it is......also W7 wont shut down of its own accord, just gets stuck on the logging out screen.

Any help would be much appreciated, btw system is:

Asus M2V-MX Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
ATI Radeon HD 4600 1GB
4 GB Ram
W7 32bit Home Premium (Clean Install)

Thanks.

A:Software / Driver installation issues within Windows 7

I'd start over and follow these same steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
to get a perfect install.

Pay special attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 as it is not like XP at all. First do all rounds of Important and Optional Windows Updates, after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware (Step 3). Only import drivers still missing after all Updates are done.

To get the cleanest slate for a perfect install I'd also first wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289684-software-driver-installation-issues-within-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello together,

I have installed a fresh Windows 10 on an SSD on my new P50 C 18N.

But when surfing and working in Office, for my opinion the FAN gets sometimes too loud, for this work.

All drivers were automatically installed by Windows 10.

Are there some drivers or programms which I should install, that can help improving the FAN behaviour?

Thanks a lot.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93153-Satellite-P50-C-18N-Windows-10-new-clean-installation-FAN-issues
Relevancy 49.88%

I had problems during the installation with these files:
spwizimg.dll
spwizres.dll
installprep.exe

Because they have been downloaded badly and I can not go forward with the installation. Those who have succeeded to install "Windows 8 Release Preview x64 English Version", could pass them to me please?
they are in the folder "Sources" of "Windows 8 Release Preview x64 English Version" iso file.
Thanks

A:Installation issues in Windows 8 Release Preview x64

Why not just download the ISO again and burn a new disk?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/7336-installation-issues-windows-8-release-preview-x64.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Good Morning/afternoon!

I would like to install a new intern hard drive on my laptop and I want to put also windows 7 on it.

The issue is that it is the first time I will do this manipulation and I don?t really know what sort of functionality will be incompatible with this installation.

- Can you recommand me a windows 7 version which can be suitable for this laptop?
- Which functionality will be deactivated when I will install windows 7 on my new hard drive?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Remy

A:Satellite A300 1lW - Windows 7 installation - any issues?

Hi mate

To be honest I wondering about theses questions.
The Windows 7 is fully supported and usually you should not get any problems with Windows 7 running on the Satellite A300.

The Win 7 drivers are available on the Toshiba EU driver page. T
herefore I don?t expect any serious problems.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask people here in the communnity . :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?74320-Satellite-A300-1lW-Windows-7-installation-any-issues
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a spare hard drive with a previous windows installation on it, however I can't log onto the installation because I had recently deleted many things needed to run it, but there is a folder "a" that wont seem to delete, it's the standard installation size of windows and it's been telling me I can't delete the items, even after using several deletion software tools it still remains there. It's not much space; 10 gigs, but I could use the 10 gigs.

A:Help with previous Windows installation deletion issues.

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management & the Contents of the HD?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/163862-help-previous-windows-installation-deletion-issues.html
Relevancy 49.88%

After extracting Windows XP Professional SP3 currently through my Windows 98 Second Edition Operating System, I've gotten these two errors back-to-back. I would like to know how are these errors occuring, and what can I do to resolve these?

Currently running Windows 98 Second Edition.

Screenshot 1:

Image Description:The occurence subsequent from the Dynamic Update attempt.

Screenshot 2:

Image Description:Windows XP refused to file copy for some unknown reason.

Screenshot 3:

Image Description: And I don't have a clue as to how this could've happened....

As regards to the third error, I have researched the error through the internet, and I hadn't found any FAQ's to resolve the issue.
Unfortunately, I haven't recieved much assistance from this forum, but hopefully, people could give more input into giving remedies for my situations.
Additionally, I would love to know if there is a method to install Windows XP to a specific partition?
Thank you.

A:Windows XP Professional SP3 Setup Installation Issues.

Is this a upgrade over a Win98 installation . . those seldom go well . . a clean install will reesult in a much more stable system.

If you are wanting to dual boot, choose the partition you want to install on early in the installation . .after you have booted from the XP CD.

This is a good guide to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print it for reference during the install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/cont...icles/158.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-professional-sp3-setup-installation-issues-309809.html