Windows Support Forum

e-system 1511 memory upgrade second slot

Q: e-system 1511 memory upgrade second slot

Hi, can anyone tell me how to access the second slot in my e-system 1511. I was told it was under the keyboard. I can unclip the clips but there seems to be something else holiding it down. I ve looked at the back and can see no screw with kb next to it to indicate that, that is the screw for the keypad.
Appreciate any advice. I have upgraded the first memory. I ordered 2gb and this came in two of 1gb so I am assuming there is a second slot.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: e-system 1511 memory upgrade second slot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.27%

Be kind I'm more than a little stressed at the moment I did a stupid thing When I upgraded all computers here to Windows several months ago it went SO WELL I figured doing the November upgrade yesterday would be a snap Stupid stupid stupid Ran the Microsoft thing got the ISO put it on the flash drive did the upgrade It churned and did it's thing and EVENTUALLY I got (1115, 1511, after "successful" upgrade System unusable whatever) 1511 a blue screen where it said something about quot apps quot Waited It'd periodically change and EVENTUALLY I got the screen about being back in a moment or just a moment or some such Where it System unusable after "successful" 1511 (1115, 1511, whatever) upgrade sat After an hour or so I figured it was doing SOMETHING very slowly and decided I'd leave it for the night Went to bed This morning SAME screen still there Figured it was having a problem and pressed a key on the keyboard Blue screen disappeared and I was in the system Except the system is now UNUSABLE I have a constant mouse pointer with blue circle indicating busy I can RUN the Task Manager and it shows between and busy depending on which time I reboot but it never updates and hitting quot cpu quot doesn't update and show me WHO'S using the cpu Scrolling down EVERYBODY is wsappx is running but I can't kill either the one service that it shows OR the task I have no idea if that's the culprit I can't even shut the thing down clean I can open the menu I can hit power but when I tell it to shut down it just sits there I've lost BOTH RAID arrays - in the boot it says they've both failed so those disks are unplugged All that's in is the SSD it boots from and at LEAST half the time it won't boot I get the quot Recovery quot screen and troubleshooting finds NOTHING I've tried plugging the flash drive back in but it doesn't even get seen at this point so I can't even retry the upgrade WTF did this thing do and HOW DO I FIX IT and please make it simple and not of the quot blow it all away and start over quot variety

A:System unusable after "successful" 1511 (1115, 1511, whatever) upgrade

Hi GracieAllen,

I see you can get to the recovery screen and troubleshooting. Can you get as far as Advanced Options and can you try a System Restore?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32234-system-unusable-after-successful-1511-1115-1511-whatever-upgrade.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My Hp Pavilion g tx did not pose any problems for years But a week ago I upgraded my RAM from to gb The shopkeeper inserted hynix gb nbsp ddr ram So Can Other... one I ram 8gb 4g in to my slot. upgrade memory ram that makes two rams in my loptop nbsp - Samsung Came when I purchased laptop years ago - gb ddr Hynix b ddr nbsp After a week my laptop stoped working Showing it two service center they said one of my nbsp memory slot is damaged and can't be used nbsp So now I had only one memory slot active with gb ram inside it My Question nbsp is - CAN I INSERT GB RAM IN ONE MEMORY SLOT SINCE OTHER ONE IS DAMAGED nbsp OF MY PAVILION G TX MOTHERBOARD nbsp If yes then please tell me - Of what type of ram should I be looking for Sepecification From where should I buy Crucial got gb ram which I can't usePlease reply ASAP nbsp Thanks amp RegardsPrince Soni

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-4g-ram-to-8gb-ram-in-one-memory-slot-Other/td-p/5714534
Relevancy 72.24%

1. Expansion SlotWhat is the expansion slot specification for this model as we would like to add a dedicated graphics card with DisplayPort ? 2. MemoryHow many memory slots does it have on the motherboard ?What type of memory is required ?What is the maximum memory supported on the motherboard ? 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:XC-704 Expansion Slot & Memory Upgrade

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country.  With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit...  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/XC-704-Expansion-Slot-amp-Memory-Upgrade/td-p/392919
Relevancy 67.08%

is the system memory slot basically provided for au003tx is samsung 's 2133 mhz or not? i actually brought this laptop one month ago and am shocked to see the specification tht the memory slot belongs to samsung i can't get to know about that i tried very hardly till now please answer me so that i can do something if i'd been cheatedplease do reply

A:is the system memory slot basically provided for au003tx is ...

@sree_parimi? The slot may have a Samsung memory stick in it but you could install any name brand in it. DDR4-2133 Dual Channel Support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4?2133) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05228250 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-the-system-memory-slot-basically-provided-for-au003tx-is/td-p/5743677
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I have been following this thread and am unable to upgrade my laptop to 1511, I am on build 10240. I have followed all the steps in this thread and many other threads with no result. I will update windows defender stuff but will not upgrade to build 1511 or the latest cumulative update. sfc is clean, dism is clean. I have tried to update from an Iso from techbench and get and error right away. i have attached the windows update error logs. thanks for any insight

A:Can't Upgrade to 1511

Originally Posted by Ryantw

Hello, I have been following this thread and am unable to upgrade my laptop to 1511, I am on build 10240. I have followed all the steps in this thread and many other threads with no result. I will update windows defender stuff but will not upgrade to build 1511 or the latest cumulative update. sfc is clean, dism is clean. I have tried to update from an Iso from techbench and get and error right away. i have attached the windows update error logs. thanks for any insight

Hi.
Do you have enough free space on your drive?
Have you run CHKDSK?
Open an admin command prompt and type
Code:
reagentc /info

Post a screen shot of that box.

In your log:

Code:
2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error CONX CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetSystemVolumeNtPath: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error CONX CFreeSystemPartitionDiskSpaceChecker failed. [Failed to retrieve system volume NT path.] HRESULT = 0x80070003

Have you tried with secure boot off in your BIOS?
A screenshot of your disk layout might be helpful as well.
Did you upgrade from W7 or W8?
Please fill in your system specs completely, as that will help us.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57036-cant-upgrade-1511-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort.

An HP support person told me that it is not necessary to upgrade but I would like to hear from others. Is it important to upgrade or not?

Thank you.

A:Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

The update is important because whatever is causing your PC to fail when trying to install it may also prevent future updates from installing...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37121-1511-upgrade-worth.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have downloaded the original WIN10 from WIN7 earlier in October. I missed the November WIN10 upgrade to 1511 because I didn't have 31 days on WIN10 yet. Does anyone know when the second attempt will be in December? I don't want to do it myself, but just wait for the upgrade via Windows Update. Thanks.

A:second attempt for WIN 10 upgrade 1511

Originally Posted by twl845

I have downloaded the original WIN10 from WIN7 earlier in October. I missed the November WIN10 upgrade to 1511 because I didn't have 31 days on WIN10 yet. Does anyone know when the second attempt will be in December? I don't want to do it myself, but just wait for the upgrade via Windows Update. Thanks.

See link below, go to download tool now which should give you option to upgrade or clean install w/o waiting to latest version. Otherwise do not know when it will be available thru Windows Update for you...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33486-second-attempt-win-10-upgrade-1511-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay so I couldn't get Windows Update to install the November update, so I downloaded the .ISO file and created a bootable USB drive.

My question is can use the setup .exe in the thumb drive to do the upgrade? Or will this want to do a clean install?

I just want the upgrade to keep my stuff intact

A:Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511

First, before doing anything else, please do a backup/image of your present installation just in case you need it.

I believe after you've downloaded the iso you would mount it, double click setup.exe and you will be given choices, one of those will be upgrade/install. I don't remember the exact steps, or screens that come up but that was the only way I was able to install the 10586 1511 Nov. update.

Windows update wouldn't work for some reason, tried many things but still wouldn't work, ended up doing the same thing you're doing. All came out fine, only problem was W10 updated a video driver which caused the display to go back to 800x600 with no option the change it. Once I realized that and rolled back the video driver all was ok.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/42385-use-bootable-usb-upgrade-1511-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

How can I do this? Thanks. Does it need to be a fresh install?

A:Can I upgrade Windows 10 1511 from 10240?

Originally Posted by pectin232

How can I do this? Thanks. Does it need to be a fresh install?

Click the upgrade now button here:
Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49442-can-i-upgrade-windows-10-1511-10240-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have 1511 installed and hit the issue with a couple of updates not installing so I can't install the Anniversary and follow-on upgrades.
Has anyone used the Media creation tool, downloaded the Win 10 Home/Pro x64 v.1607 to a USB stick, and then performed an in-place upgrade/repair.
Was it successful?
To boot from the usb should I change the bios for usb first, or just load within win 10 , from the usb drive. When should I remove the stick?
Sorry for so many questions --- fairly new at this
Appreciate all help
Larimar

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67390-upgrade-fails-win-10-1511-load-usb.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Since the upgrade to 1511 came through I have started randomly losing my connection to the web. At random moments Chrome stops being able to load or update pages from the web. I then find that Edge cannot load pages from the web either. They can however continue to load pages from my local web server (Wampserver) running on the same machine. I am also able to continue getting replies to ping requests sent to sites on the internet, so it is not that I have no network connection. The only remedy I have found has been to reboot. Is there a proper cure for this problem, or at least a better workaround than rebooting?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34196-keep-losing-web-connectivity-since-1511-upgrade.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
Two of my three-computer network upgraded to W10 1511 from 10240, and ever since these two won?t see each other in their respective Network folder. The remainder can see them both but it is still a W10 10240, which indicates that there is a problem with the latest version. I have spent nearly four days trying to figure out what it is with no avail. I certainly would appreciate some help.
Thanks

A:Disrupted network after upgrade to 1511

You need to update to the 10586 that is out now. Also it may be the SMB 2 & 3 issue that a lot of us have been dealing with, or 3rd party Internet Security Software, that the vendor may not have had a chance to update to keep up with the issues that Microsoft has had on the past 3 roll outs. To do the disable of SMB 2 & 3 as Client, see this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547 Scroll down to where it talks about "How to enable or disable SMB protocols on the SMB client" All computers on a normal Windows network are considered Client/Server, so the last part should hopefully fix anything bad.

If running any kind of third party Internet Security software on the machines, disable that. Also make sure that the Advanced File & Printer Sharing options are set to allow discovery on the network. If the Windows Firewall is on by default, shut it off to make sure that cannot be the issue.

Also do a Winsock Rest and FlushDNS. Do this first:

Note You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Note If you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:
netsh int ip reset

Before rebooting, in the Cmd window enter ipconfig /flushdns also netsh winsock reset

There is a Farbar tool in bleepingcomputer .com's downloads repository that does the IP flush & reset.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37921-disrupted-network-after-upgrade-1511-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I bought recently laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed on it. Last week I've tried to install 1511 upgrade, but it got stuck at about 23% so I decided to postpone it and to do this upgrade overnight since I heard that it takes lot of time. Now, however I keep getting this message. I've tried to do both manual and automatic restart, but nothing happened and I still see this message. Is it some bug or I'm doing something wrong?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/46836-windows-1511-upgrade-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All

Just upgraded my Win 10 Home Tablet to Version 1511 and the screen will no longer rotate. Have looked at Device Manger and it indicates that all is OK except Other Devices and it contains an Unknown Device. Not sure if this is relevant to my problem as I thought the Display Adapter controlled what the screen does. I have looked at the Display Settings but no mention off anything being locked. The display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics.

Any help appreciated.

A:Screen Rotation Not Working after Upgrade to 1511

If you cannot do it with Shift+alt + arrow key or Ctrl+alt + arrow. The lack of a hotkey option could be because you don’t have the software installed. For example, Intel’s Graphics and Media Control Panel needs to be installed in order to use hotkeys to rotate the display other adapters have different names.

You should be posting this on Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73109-screen-rotation-not-working-after-upgrade-1511-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm working on a Lenovo Laptop that had been upgraded from W to W straight away And a recovery USB was not made at the time The machine is having a few issues with office and would not do a windows update corrupt SFC upgrade W10 run or to to unable files 1511 Windows update appears to be resolved using the MS fix but the Windows upgrade to failed and rolled back x c- x D installed failed second boot error during data migration error I ran SFC scannow and it now fails with corrupt files I ran DSIM and then SFC and still fails details W10 corrupt files unable to run SFC or upgrade to 1511 here Quote Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft W10 corrupt files unable to run SFC or upgrade to 1511 Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt findstr c quot SR quot windir Logs CBS CBS log gt quot userprofile Desktop sfcdetails txt quot C WINDOWS system gt DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version Image Version The restore operation completed successfully The operation completed successfully C WINDOWS system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt findstr c quot SR quot windir Logs CBS CBS log gt quot userprofile Desktop sfcdetails txt quot C WINDOWS system gt findstr c quot SR quot windir Logs CBS CBS log gt quot userprofile Desktop sfcdetails txt quot C WINDOWS system gt C WINDOWS system gt I have attached the SFC extract file - which shows - NO Errors I was able to create a USB recovery USB from control panel - not sure if that partition is still OK and still windows and if now the Windows key has changed to the generic w key if I could go back to without knowing the Key A bit stuck so any help appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/w10-corrupt-files-unable-to-run-sfc-or-upgrade-to-1511-a-1075618.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro first build. I am now trying to upgrade from this build to Windows 10 pro Version 1511. But each time the upgrade hangs at 64% and 77 % (Installing features and drivers). I then get a liuttle screen reading "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error . C/Windows/BT-Source/Setupplatform.exe.Once I click ok the upgrade stopes and my previous versionof Windows 10 is restored.I have tried all kinds of solution including unintalling my AV, Intel Video Card.  I have even followed the advice of performing the upgrade using the Media Creation Too, or via a USB, all to no avail. .  Please is there anyone who can help me with the solution so I can upogared to the latest version?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Upgrade-to-Windows-10-version-1511-hangs-at-64-and-77/td-p/5688976
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All

Just upgraded my Win 10 Home Tablet to Version 1511 and the screen will no longer rotate. Have looked at Device Manger and it indicates that all is OK except Other Devices and it contains an Unknown Device. Not sure if this is relevant to my problem as I thought the Display Adapter controlled what the screen does. I have looked at the Display Settings but no mention off anything being locked. The display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/73109-screen-rotation-not-working-after-upgrade-1511-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I got this today a newer version what.

Lets see how many things break better save a backup copy.

It's a windows 10 update.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-version-1511-10586.308231/
Relevancy 57.19%

Guys I'm stuck with build 10240! I need 1511 so it can support my new GPU (GTX 1080) and even when I try to use the ISO, it will not let me keep my current settings, apps & files. It says I'm trying to install a different edition than I'm currently using. I've been on hold with M$ support for over FOUR hours! I cannot find any solution. The windows update says I'm up to date which is of course incorrect. Install date was 8/8/15. My laptop is on 1511 but my desktop won't update. Please tell me how to fix this! I'm not trying to use any language packs or anything. Using Win10 Pro and I downloaded the "Win10" ISO from the media creation tool. Every version I've tried doesn't work. My only option at this point is a clean install which is unacceptable! Please HELP!

A:Win10 Ver 1511 - Unable to upgrade using ISO method

Please run winver and post the results here.

Also open a command prompt (admin) and run:
Slmgr /dlv

Post that result window here. Then we can probably tell you what is wrong.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57032-win10-ver-1511-unable-upgrade-using-iso-method.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I really need some crucial help here. I am facing problems when it comes to upgrading to the newest version of Windows 10. It gets stuck at 64% (installing features and drivers at 77%). I don't seem to have an SD card, but Microsoft says it's recommended to remove it to fix this problem. Help would be nice.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34476-windows-10-upgrade-1511-stuck-64-features-77-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys,

I recently did a clean install of Win 10 1511 on one of my machines and things went so well that I thought I'd take the chance and upgrade my other system from Win 10 10240 to 1511, using the "Media Creation Toll" method...

It seemed to take about twice as long as a clean install, but it got there in the end and aside from a couple of minor annoyances, which I sorted (thanks to this amazing forum!) it's running fine.

One surprise that I got, after running a thorough disk-cleanup, the disk usage dropped from 20.5GB (pre-cleanup) to 11.9 (post cleanup).

Prior to the 1511 upgrade, my 10240 system disk was showing 17.5GB used space.

My questions is: Where did all of this free-space come from?

I don't use system restore and like to keep my system disk as clean of junk as possible.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,

Mike.

A:Disk Usage after 10250 -> 1511 upgrade

All the no longer needed windows updates backups... smaller winsxs folder
It will grow again as time goes on

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38058-disk-usage-after-10250-1511-upgrade.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58531-updated-version-1511-anniversary-update-1607-but-still-1511-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

yes or no ?? will this have a bad effect on the computer ?/ any info is appreciated

Relevancy 56.76%

It is taking too long to update that new version. Can someone knows ISO or something, so I can download the offline update - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

A:Where can i download - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511 update?

Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/51757-where-can-i-download-upgrade-windows-10-pro-version-1511-update.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

my first post here since i start to be pretty desperate. My Win 10 (version 10.0 Build 10240) has downloaded and installed version 1511, 10586 now already five times. Every time it asks to reboot to finish the upgrade there pops up a window in the lower right corner that says "We couldn't finish installing updates - Select this message to learn more". When i select it, I'm taken to the Update section where it says my computer is up to date. And when i check for updates it always finds the update version 1511, 10586 again. And prepares to install, and starts to download (takes for ages), and actually installs. And then again asks to reboot. And fails.

I hope there would be some solution to this, I upgraded from Win7 and this has been working until now. I REALLY hope I don't have to go back to Win7 and lose tons of installed programs. Any help appreciated.

A:Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 (Nov.update)!

You have been using Windows Update to install 10586.

How about download Media Creation Tool or Tech Bench and do the install ?

Media Creation Tool (MCT)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Let's use MCT as an example.
Download the Tool and run it > you can either
1. select Upgrade this PC now which will begin installation.
or
2. select Create Installation media for another PC which will begin downloading the iso file to your computer.
After iso file is downloaded, right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe > installation will begin.

In both methods, you can keep you settings, files and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation is automatic.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/33284-fails-upgrade-windows-10-v-1511-10586-nov-update.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Keep repeating on the update and won't update it...

Any solution?

A:Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

Hi ElmoElbadry, welcome to Ten Forums. You can use upgrade from an iso. This is from the tutorial forum. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/37910-problem-upgrade-windows-10-pro-version-1511-10586-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 will not download and install. However the updater keeps telling me it is ready for installation, then is decides on it's own to restart any damn time it wants to. For a while, I had control over this. Then, like a dummy, I decided to see if there were any updates. MS snuck a piece of software in during the look see, and now it's back to doing what it wants. I'm developing an irrational hatred for Windows 10

I would like to know how I can take absolute control of my Windows Updater. Furthermore, I'd like to force this update to download and control whether it is installed or not. I don't seem to be able to get any information on it. Is it even necessary?

If someone can help I would really appreciate it. TIA andythebeagle

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55619-upgrade-windows-10-home-version-1511-10586-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Installed the latest Win10 update on my T440s and now my Touchpad is not working. It appears to work when the driver is first loaded but fails within 1-2 seconds.OS: Win10 Home 1511 build 10586.122Touchpad driver: 19.0.17.27latest BIOS update installed whilst trying to fix issue. It appears drivers were downloaded as a part of the Win10 download. Presumably there are bugs in this version of the driver. Any idea how we can roll back to 19.0.17.2? That appears to work on similar machine config. When opening driver settings software, only pointer options are Trackpoint and Classic Trackpoint.The Touchpad settings appear to be greyed out. How about timings for a fix? It means all mouse movement must be via Trackpoint only. Not very good.  

A:T440S Touchpad disabled after Win10 1511 upgrade

Hi Ped,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Some of the most common problems with touchpads are:

The touchpad starts and stops working or has never worked.
The touchpad is too sensitive, or it moves the cursor too fast.
The cursor sometimes jumps to another spot in a document or on the desktop.

Some of the most common causes of these problems are:

The touchpad has been enabled or disabled. The touchpad might have been mistakenly enabled or disabled. The touchpad can be enabled or disabled in several ways, including using keyboard shortcuts (key combinations on the keyboard), using Device Manager, or by using the touchpad settings in Control Panel.
The touchpad settings might be set incorrectly. Most touchpads have adjustable settings and these settings can make the touchpad function improperly if set incorrectly.
The sensitivity of the touchpad is set too high. If the sensitivity is set to high on the touchpad, any slight touch can cause the cursor to randomly jump to another location of the screen. To resolve this issue, lower the sensitivity setting of the touchpad using the touchpad settings.

Please try doing this below step:

Go to Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, click Mouse then select Elan option. You can enable the features you need HTH

I hope the above information helps.

Regards,
Shashi

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440S-Touchpad-disabled-after-Win10-1511-upgrade/td-p/3271520
Relevancy 56.33%

I bought one of these a few years back, in the full knowledge that it was supposed to be possible to upgrade the memory to 2Gb. Initially, I replaced the installed memory (512M) with a 1G module, and would have installed the full complement if I had been able to do so. Sadly, it would appear that the second module has to be fitted to a socket under the keyboard, and I would desperately lik to find out how to do that. I note from previous messages on here about this type of system, that this is not at all straightforward; so I am am now looking for any useful information to assist me in completing this task.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
Mick Young

A:e-system memory upgrade (revisited)

You obviously have a laptop that allows a RAM module to be installed under the keyboard and another RAM module to be installed in a bay on the bottom of it.

Removing the keyboard to install a RAM module can be difficult and time-consuming and may result in your laptop being non-functional, so you might want to have a qualified laptop computer person do it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Can you provide the complete name and model number of your laptop?

What Windows version is it running?

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-system-memory-upgrade-revisited.1107169/
Relevancy 56.33%

Not sure if it s an easy answer or not but I would appreciate any help you can give Currently using CPU Intel Pentium GHz Motherboard Intel D PERL Installed MB DDR PC I would like to give the old girl a shot in the arm by bringing her up to Gigs but as my system was custom built the online system scanners at Crucial and Diahmemory are useless I looked up my motherboard to ensure I would be getting the correct Ram and it states Upgrade Memory Bus Freq System & Supported system bus frequency and memory speed combinations To use this type of DIMM The processor s system bus frequency must be DDR MHz DDR or MHz DDR or MHz When using an MHz system bus frequency processor DDR memory is clocked at MHz This minimizes system latencies to optimize system throughput Click to expand http System Bus Freq & Memory Upgrade www intel com support motherboards desktop D PERL sb CS- System Bus Freq & Memory Upgrade htm Normally I don t care so much about the details however with DDR and DDR there seems to be better pricing and selection available Will my system support either DDR or DDR or do I need to stick with the DDR nbsp

A:System Bus Freq & Memory Upgrade

You just must to make sure, you are getting a 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs. I preferred, get Corsair DDR 400.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-bus-freq-memory-upgrade.832070/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Gateway M -XL Slate laptop It came with two GB sticks of RAM but I would like to upgrade to GB or GB of RAM It has two RAM slots but I ve seen places online CNET Best Buy where it says max supported RAM GB for my laptop I went to Gateway s website and put my serial number in and it says Memory Upgrade Information System Serial Number Motherboard Part Solved: much I upgrade with? How can memory my system Number R Type of Memory Modules shipped MB MHz DDR SDRAM Memory Module CRU EURP Memory Installation Guide Number of Memory Solved: How much memory can I upgrade my system with? Slots on Board banks of Maximum Amount Type of RAM that can be Installed MB DDR PC - So what can I do Can I upgrade with two sticks of GB each If so where is a good place to find quality inexpensive DDR PC - RAM For example I ve been to TigerDirect but I only see PC Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How much memory can I upgrade my system with?

According to what I read on the Gateway Support site the MAX Ram is 2 gig. and that is what the specs say it comes with. 2Gig 667 DDR2. Now that doesnt mean that the computer cant use more. But your OS may limit what would make sense for you to have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-much-memory-can-i-upgrade-my-system-with.732064/
Relevancy 56.33%

The windows update 'Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586' fails with 'Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware'.

This PC (laptop) is running Windows-To-Go (Windows 10) from a an external USB SSD. It has been running this way for a few months now without any issues. The 'original' system, i.e. the internal SSD of the laptop is running Windows 8.1 Enterprise and I had created the Windows-To-Go installation from there.

My Disk Management looks like this:
Disk0 (offline when using Windows-To-Go): 300MB (Recovery Partition), 100MB (EFI System Partition), 97GB (Primary Partition - Windows 8.1 Enterprise), 140GB (Primary Partition)
Disk1 (online = USB SSD): 350MB FAT32 (System, Active, Primary Partition), 238GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

Any ideas how I can get the update version 1511, 10586 to install?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34608-failed-upgrade-windows-10-enterprise-version-1511-10586-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All

Recently finished upgrade of Win 10 Home Tablet to Version 1511 and Screen rotation no longer works. I have checked Device Manager and everything is indicating OK with exception of Other Devices and that indicates there is an Unknown Device and no driver installed.
I do not think this has anything to do with the problem as I understand the Display adapter controls the rotation. I have checked the Display section in Control Panel and no mention of screen being locked or for that matter unlocked.
The Tablet manufacturer is Connect and the Display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics with Driver dated 17/08/2015 and Version 10.18.10.4276. This is same as my laptop and it works OK.

Appreciate any assistance

A:Upgrade to Version 1511, Screen Rotation no longer working

This is a common problem ie you are missing the rotation sensor driver. Go to tablet website and see if you can download driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35189-upgrade-version-1511-screen-rotation-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have installed WIN10 (ver. 1511) a couple of months ago. While trying to solve a driver issue I've been advised (by MICROSOFT) to upgrade to ver.1607. Several upgrade attempts all failed (with code 0xd000009a) What does it mean? Any more details needed? How can I resolve this? Can't find any clue on the net for this code.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59935-win10-upgrade-1511-1607-fails-error-0dx000009a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

tried to install the upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586, and it refuses to take, keeps telling me there's a problem and to try again later.

A:problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586

You can download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's Tech Bench site. The standard version is Windows 10 (others are restricted) and it can install/update both Windows 10 Home and Pro, depending on previous version (for upgrade) or serial (for clean-install). Download 32-bit or 64-bit according to your present Windows version.

A warning for English: There are two choices for English which are misleading. If you download the wrong language version you cannot use it to upgrade your present Windows version!

To save you the trouble:

"English" = American English (US) which most users have when installing the English version of Windows.

"International English" = British English (GB) which are mainly used in UK. This version cannot be used to upgrade English US Windows! Beware!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/30115-problem-upgrade-windows-10-home-version-1511-10586-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hey there,i have been having some trouble, i have updated to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 but it says i have to restart again and again and it never goes away. I do not get an errors or anything like that its just that the update stays and keeps restarting my pc every few hours.
thanks for the help in advance,

A:Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 restars

Hello, if you can be precise about any message, that may help.

Have a look at this.. is this the same or different to your situation.. and does anything help here?
Solved Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 (Nov.update)! - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49359-upgrade-windows-10-home-version-1511-10586-restars.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I've just tried to upgrade my PC's memory from GB to GB and have hit a rather worrying problem in that the PC now refuses to boot Initially once I'd replaced the old memory modules with the new ones I got three beeps on power-up which I quickly established was the result of my not properly seating the modules Once I'd made sure they were firmly inserted I tried again and this time all I get is the computer powering up - so all the lights come on refuses System boot after to memory upgrade and the fans kick into life - but then it powers down again without even attempting to boot I don't even get to the BIOS After a few tries I decided that it might be an issue with one or more of the new modules so I swapped them back to the original GB kit and I still get the same problem My PC is essentially DOA Whilst I was inserting re-inserting modules I did try to avoid and issues with static discharge I wonder if perhaps I've disturbed System refuses to boot after memory upgrade a connector somewhere although I couldn't see any signs of this when I re-opened the case to check The new modules are a GB Corsair Vengence DDR dual-channel -module kit x GB They were replacing a module GB DDR dual-channel kit x GB so in both cases all four slots were in use Motherboard is an Intel DP WG which is listed by Corsair as being compatable GB System refuses to boot after memory upgrade is the max for this motherboard I've been running this system for two years prior to my upgrade attempt this evening and it's been rock solid with no issues I wonder if anyone has any ideas I could try Maybe I should reset the CMOS for instance Note that I'm not a hardware guy and messing around inside the case isn't something I normally even consider trying But I thought that this would be a very simple trouble-free upgrade I'd be grateful for any assistance as I really need this machine back up and running ASAP M

A:System refuses to boot after memory upgrade

Check the voltage on the motherboard boot menu. Happened to me once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228134-system-refuses-boot-after-memory-upgrade.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 4 week old HP notebook with Windows 10 already installed.
The above Upgrade (Update??) has failed 3 times & I suspect it is the
root of other problems (Can't create more user accounts, can't sign in
to Cortana.)
According to the web others are experiencing the same problems.
Would appreciate some advice.

A:Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 Failed 3 times

Originally Posted by donnyboy

I have a 4 week old HP notebook with Windows 10 already installed.
The above Upgrade (Update??) has failed 3 times & I suspect it is the
root of other problems (Can't create more user accounts, can't sign in
to Cortana.)
According to the web others are experiencing the same problems.
Would appreciate some advice.

Hi donnyboy and welcome to Tenforums.
You could try downloading the ISO and performing a repair install using an in-place upgrade.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, you right-click and mount the ISO, then run setup.exe from it.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55477-upgrade-windows-10-home-version-1511-10586-failed-3-times.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to perform the November update (1511) on this computer. (starting from the previous Windows 10 version)
Since I have another problem where it doesn't appear in Windows Update (despite fulfilling many requirements to make it appear), I am limited to perform the upgrade with the Media Creation Tool (which has re-implemented build 10586, 1511 into it after been pulled out)

However, the upgrade process failed when reaching 76%. After system restore and reboot, the following pop-up appeared:

Any ideas why this is happening? I upgraded this computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 back in august, without any issue. Only now it did not find the November update through Windows Update and when using the Media Creation Tool it fails.

A:Windows 10 10586 (1511) upgrade fails / error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D

I had a similar problem with my system that was upgraded from W8.1 and I decided to do a clean install with the new 1511 ISO and it is a much better running system now.

Jim

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32719-windows-10-10586-1511-upgrade-fails-error-0x8007002c-0x4000d.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I tried to download it, but it has been downloading for 24 hours and seems stuck on 58% downloaded. Help

A:Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 failed to install.

Originally Posted by Lil

I tried to download it, but it has been downloading for 24 hours and seems stuck on 58% downloaded. Help

What source are you downloading it from? Easiest method to get the file is Tech Bench:
Tech Bench

Easiest way to both download and create a USB flash drive is Media Creation Tool:
Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Option two in the above tutorial except on step 7 select USB flash drive and have an 8gb USB flash drive available. The flash drive you make can be used to upgrade Windows 7/8/8.1/10 to Windows 10 version 1511 and can also be used to boot from and clean install Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/34766-upgrade-windows-10-home-version-1511-10586-failed-install.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So let me see I upgraded my system to an MSI FXA-GD with GSkill Ripjaws X gb in x gb sticks that came packaged together so presuming they matched them F - CD - GXM that GSkill says is compatible with the MSI board Though the bios only sees it as when set to auto No luck unsetting auto and setting the values to what is listed from GSkill still BSOD errors almost daily and total system freezes that last several minutes that happen every few hours So I can safely assume upgrade memory after BSOD - etc system freezes - / mobo that isn't the issue or it's one symptom of a bigger issue Already did a chkdsk boot up scan of the primary hdd and no errors where found Did a boot up MemTest test in one pass no errors Since I am getting one of two BSOD errors Kernel InPage Data Error and a Stop x F error I am pasting the requisite zip file and hope someone can point to what might be the problem I already reinstalled Windows twice once after the upgrades and one a week later already that was about a clean install in both cases as one can do I formatted the partition Windows is installed on before reinstalling Windows didn't fix the problem Oh The dmp files in the archive are old one is from the th the other from the th even though according to Control Panel - gt System - gt Advanced Settings - gt Startup amp Recovery shows it is set to create a dump file and to not restart automatically Help Update While waiting I started a surface scan of the data hdd for good measure I went into file explorer right clicked on the drive properties tools scan disk BSOD after mobo / memory upgrade - system freezes - etc with the surface scan check marked Mid way though explorer exe started to eat more and more memory until it was eating over gbs system lag insued and then another two today BSOD this being a Kernel Inpage Data Error Stop x A Oddly enough it froze at quot Initializing Disk for Crash Dump quot waited a good min or so with no change in status so the new upload will have the same old dump files but the rest should hopefully be updated

A:BSOD after mobo / memory upgrade - system freezes - etc

Hello BelGarion mate the one thing you mentioned re the RAM only showing up as 1333MHz now if the new board is anything like my Asus Ivy Bridge one the EUFI BIOS has 1333MHz as a default speed for the RAM and it has to be clocked up if you want any speed out of the RAM - mine is fully clocked to 2400MHz.

Now have you got any new dump files at all??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362821-bsod-after-mobo-memory-upgrade-system-freezes-etc.html
Relevancy 55.04%

AMD sent me a few new processors including a couple of s which I system to 8150, XP boot New in upgrade normally won't AMD PRO memory, and MB Hardward bought a new M -A -V EVO motherboard and gig or ram my old system was an Nvidia MB with a Core quad I m able to come up with my existing OS from no issues in safemode which I m currently in and the device manager shows no issues with any of my hardware However the system gives me Hardward upgrade to AMD 8150, New MB and memory, system won't boot normally in XP PRO a bluescreen saying that an error was detected and windows is shutting down to prevent damage At first I thought that it was a bit chip but this chip supports both and bit processing and I verified it is running in bit mode But I simply cannot get it to boot normally I understand that upgrading Hardward upgrade to AMD 8150, New MB and memory, system won't boot normally in XP PRO to Win would be the best option but personally I would rather come up under my current OS with all my files intact and then if needed run an upgrade to I ve read the MB manual front to back and out of options with buddy support A little help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Hardward upgrade to AMD 8150, New MB and memory, system won't boot normally in XP PRO

You can't do an in-place upgrade from Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. You have to do a custom install which will move all your data and files to a Windows.old folder. You'll then need to reinstall all your programs and restore your data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardward-upgrade-to-amd-8150-new-mb-and-memory-system-wont-boot-normally-in-xp-pro.1047535/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ei System 1511

? OS - Windows 7
? x86 (32-bit)
? Original installed OS - Window Vista Home Basic
? original OS was OEM version (came pre-installed on system)
? Age of system (hardware) unknown
? Age of OS installation - 11/02/2012 installed to garther info
? Genuine Intel(R) CPU 585 @ 2.16GHz
? Video Card - unknown
? MotherBoard - believed to be Phoenix
? Power Supply - Delta Electronics, INC 20V / 3.25A

A:Ei system 1511 BSOD

No memory dumps included in the upload.

A minimum of 1 gB of RAM is required to run the x86 version of Win7. Your system only has 512 mB - so we can expect that you will see problems until you upgrade the system to at least 1 gB (2 gB is preferred for optimal performance).

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:

Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ei-system-1511-bsod-629864.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Something went wrong with the upgrade process It went thru the process but on restart when U enter the password nothing happens touch any other key and pw box returns It scrambled the start order and now there is an X drive and no C When I tried to use my backup it tells upgrade different OS 2016 1607 1511 built useless as for - failed- backup from - June me it's for a different version of windows and fails Whats the point of making backups when they work when windows upgrades It looking like i'm going to have to reinstall everything OS was on C Drive a SSD system has over Tb installed This costs me a licence for every piece of software installed and will take close to weeks to reprogram as it used as a Virtual recording studio One program alone will take days to DL and install as is near Gb Anyway to get this back System new build June - i Core k Gb mem not OC'd Asus Hero MB Corsair case liquid x mm cooler watt mod PW Gigabyte Gb dual fan Video USB audio Scarlett i MIDI MUTO express Will

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443238-upgrade-1607-1511-failed-built-june-2016-backup-useless-different-os.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When inserting memory module on the memory slot it was not aligned properly. When i turn on the power i noticed smoke and i immediatly turned off the power. Removed memory module and half of it was burnt, now my question is the memory slot damaged? Because its slightly burned in the inside slot, could i install a new memory module in that particular slot? or do i have to change the memory slot thats on the mother board?

A:Memory Slot

You are probably lucky if you didn't kill the whole board. The slot is most likely toast. If you were brave enough to try another stick in the same slot, it may not work, or it may burn-up something else. I don't think changing the slot is really an option. Motherboards are not exactly repairable items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-slot.201712/
Relevancy 53.75%

other day my computer made loud long Beeps at Post Google listings said dram problem I normally run gb of ram in a - configuration I removed the card from B and then my system started fine with just one card in A wondered if it was just the card its-self so I placed the removed card into slot A still started up fine with just one card original B card installed in A then I placed other card which was originally in slot A into slot B to be memory bad slot B1??? back to - again back to long Beep at Post again as long as i leave B empty then my system starts fine motherboard manual says i have to have a card in A and B for duel channel to work--- right now i only got gb showing on start up page looked at System Device Manager and found a funny thing no yellow markers shown but -----all my Nvidia nForce bad memory slot B1??? Ware slots bad memory slot B1??? show quot no driver installed for this device quot but under the quot driver tab quot each shows the driver name and version listed driver update wizard for each said quot the correct driver software program was installed quot ran quot scan for hardware changes quot --- found nothing here is list ---Direct Memory Access Controller bad memory slot B1??? High Precision Event Timer nForce Memory Controller listed twice Numeric data Processor Nvidia nForce PCI System Management PCI Standard RAM Controller listed times Programmable Interrupt Controller System Timer all with no driver installed but driver name and version listed under driver tab did go to Nvidia and run their motherboard driver tool downloaded recommend program and after install and reboot no changes is my B ram slot problem a side effect of hinky windows os over time or is it just my motherboard dying of old age power supply old age should i do a complete clean reinstall of Vista ran Repair from my OEM disk which says no repairs needed build data---- P N-D ASUS motherboard GB Western Digital blue SATA HD No-Raid Intel socket Core Duo CPU Nvidia DDR GT GPU OCZ DDR mhz RAM running at GB at present time OCZ watt Power Supply Vista OS i built system in with no major problems until now replaced DVD drive and Viewsonic monitor---both quit working over last few years sorry about the edit have new DVD drive and monitor for awhile nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My wife Files? 10 Windows System Corrupt 1511 Version Does has a Lenovo ThinkPad X Type -CTO that shipped with Windows and has been successfully upgraded to Windows It Does Windows 10 Version 1511 Corrupt System Files? has been running Windows retail release plus updates smoothly for a couple months Yesterday Dec my wife ran the Windows system file checker sfc scannow in an elevated command prompt on her laptop She did this to make sure everything was still okay after updating Windows to version OS Build It wasn't okay -- sfc Does Windows 10 Version 1511 Corrupt System Files? scannow results -- Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt -- end -- In the past when SFC couldn't fix problems we have been able to fix corrupt system files by using the Deployment Image amp Servicing Management DISM tool We ran this series of commands in an elevated command prompt Dism Online Cleanup-Image CheckHealth Dism Online Cleanup-Image ScanHealth Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth SFC indicated these steps did not fix the corruption We then tried to specify the source of good versions of the files that could be used for repairing corrupt files with this command Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Source esd quot Full Path to install esd file quot We tried this command with an install DVD created yesterday with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and a mounted ISO file also created with the Media Creation Tool Unfortunately DISM couldn't find the source even though we checked and rechecked the path we included here Having spent way too much time on this including wiping the hard drive and installing Windows from scratch we tried calling Microsoft's Tech Support line for help The support person took control of my wife's laptop remotely and spent two hours trying to fix the problem Nothing the support person tried worked She then suggested that my wife hang up and allow her to continue working on the problem Within an hour or so the chat ended and Microsoft mysteriously stopped working to resolve the problem No quot Sorry I couldn't help quot or quot We'll check on this and get back to you quot Just gone As our final step we wiped the drive and reinstalled Windows After Windows was installed and fully updated SFC reported no corrupt files found We then upgraded to Windows using Windows Update Immediately after getting to the Windows Version desktop SFC reported corrupt files it couldn't fix Here's where things stand now we have two Intel Core I desktop systems running Windows Version with no system file corruption problems Both of these systems have conventional hard drives We also have two Lenovo ThinkPad laptops my wife's and my X Type -CTO with system file corruption problems that appeared after the Version upgrade Both of our laptops have SSD drives At this point we have spent - hours on this problem and we don't know if the problem is Lenovo firmware or drivers Version incompatibility with SSD drives or other Windows bugs We only know we're frustrated and mad as hell Note We tried to attach the CBS log file to this post but it is MB and exceeds tenforums com's file size limit Here's a link to a copy on Google Drive CBS log - Google Drive Thanks for reading

A:Does Windows 10 Version 1511 Corrupt System Files?

I had the same problem.

Solution:
1. convert your install.esd to install.wim using WinReducerESWimConverter.
(WinReducer ES Wim Converter - WinReducer.net)
2. run as admin

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:C:\ . . . . \install.wim:1 /limitaccess

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33592-does-windows-10-version-1511-corrupt-system-files.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just purchased my computer yesterday. I removed my Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo from my digital camera and was going to download them to my computer. The slot came with a Dell piece. My memory stick is too small. It did not come with an adapter and I have no idea how to get it installed. Any ideas???

A:need help with memory stick slot

It is likely that the two aren't compatible.

What model Dell do you have? The type of adapter that you need depends on what slots your Dell has.

Also - most cameras come with a USB cable. Could you use that instead?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-memory-stick-slot-531472.html
Relevancy 52.89%

HEY GUYS GREETINGS i just joined earlier today im seriously in need of help my friend ask me to fix his pc i tried to replace the memory with mb ddr with his original memory mb and a mb of ram just then when replacing it and turning it on i heard a huge quot beep quot then i immediately shut the pc down then when i check it up i saw i slot, help Fried memory quot black spot quot on one Fried memory slot, help of the memory slot i figured it out its fried up luckily the mobo has two memory slot only one of the slot had been fried i replaced the two mb with the original ones the problems now is that the pc is kinda slow in starting up showing the bios and showing a quot blue error screen quot after and sometimes restarting over and over again i really need your help guys really really need it im counting on this site for any help you can give thanks raj philippines nbsp

A:Fried memory slot, help

You not only fried the memory slot, you have damaged the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fried-memory-slot-help.128594/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have a dell dimension 9200 and the motherboard can handle a maximum of 4gb of ram, but is there a limit per slot?

In other words does it have to be 4 x 1gb sticks of ram or can I use 2 x 2gb sticks?

The reason I ask is that I've had lots of bsod and crashes recently and after performing lots of tests using memtest it seems that 2 of the ram slots on my motherboard are bad meaning I only have 2 good ones to use.

Andy

A:Maximum memory per slot?

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com will provide that answer for you.

According to crucial

Quote:
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142569-maximum-memory-per-slot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My motherboard just went out on my pc and I was wondering if there is something that I can hook up to my laptop that will let me read whats on my pc memory, kind of a external memory slot or something. I've been searching google for a few hours and I can't find anything and I know you guys always know what your talking about and answer very quickly. Any help would be appreciated.

A:External Pc Memory Slot

Your actual data is not stored in the memory, its stored on the hard drive. And it's very easy to connect a hard drive to any other PC, there are many adapters for this.

Here's a version that simply connects a drive, either SATA or PATA(IDE) to a USB port without any enclosure: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

Here's a version that basically converts the drive into an external drive that you can safely use that way: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817388017
This one only supports SATA hard drive with a connector like this: http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&s...dsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:28,i:160&tx=102&ty=76

More enclosures to choose from: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=92&name=External-Enclosures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-pc-memory-slot.1064760/
Relevancy 52.89%

actually, i was used to a pc with 160mb-ram - which is 32 + 128. now i own a faster one with one single 512mb-slot. but unfortunately, some problems occur: gta3 is collapsing all the time, i cannot copy a normal 1024x768 .tga-image to clipboard via corel (»low memory«) and after watching some freshly downloaded quake3-bots i got the message »low memory«, too. sometimes, even some multitasking surfing can bring me up to fully busy memory - is this a technical problem or am i asking for too much power!? i heard something like this memory-damage would lead to the problems i have.
speaking against it is a rather stable quake3 while in game and a fascinating stable 1nsane played also in 1280x1024 - without any stinky problem.

thanks and regards,
ungua

A:¿maybe my memory-slot damaged?

The memory module might be faulty or motherboard might not support 512M modules

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%BFmaybe-my-memory-slot-damaged.4775/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was told by Lenovo that one slot will accomodate 1 gig of memory, instead of using 2 half gig sticks. I was also told about something called "memory boost" as an external memory source to increase memory. has anyone heard of this? I want to run PhotoshopCS and need 1 GIG of memory and don't want to get new motherboard(the machine is long out of warantee). can anyone help on this issue?
thanks, JeffB

A:Bad Memory Slot in IBM T30 Laptop

"readyboost" is a feature only available for Vista, where it can use a USB memory stick as an alternative to paging back to the hard drive, it's not really in place of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-memory-slot-in-ibm-t30-laptop.635364/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an IBM T30 laptop which has 2 slots for memory. Which is the primary? I am adding a 512 mb memory module and I want to know which slot should contain the 512 and which
one the remaining 256. BTW, even though I have a 256 in each slot most of the time it only
recognizes a single 256 module. Thanks for your info.

Relevancy 52.89%

it seems that the memory stick slot doesnt work anymore. in the device manager there is a yellow question mark and it says that it it not working. i would try installing the drivers but i kinda lost the recovery cd or what not. well before when i bought this, VAIO PCV-RX580, it was using Windows XP Home and now i use Professional. not sure if that makes a difference. im just wondering is there anyway i can get the memory stick slot to work again?

A:MEMORY Stick SLot???

Try updating the drivers from here, search for your memory device.
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/mems...n#ms_downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-slot-35672.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,my name is fajar from indonesiai want to add new memory to my laptop HP 1000-1b09auin CPU-Z, my laptop have 2 memory slot,but, i can't find other memory slot where is the other slot ?  Thanks for help  Best Regards,

A:I Can't Find Other Memory Slot

Hi: If you look at the illustration in chapter 4, page 52 of the service manual, it appears that the memory slots are stacked on top of each other. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03762978

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-Can-t-Find-Other-Memory-Slot/td-p/5655384
Relevancy 52.89%

Can anyone tell me where the RAM expansion slot is on a MITAC 7521 laptop, I can't find it. DOH!

Thankyou
Darlopie

A:Can't find my memory slot !!!

look at the manual or call the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-my-memory-slot.335960/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is a hardware question for anyone that can help me out. I have tried to upgrade the ram in a dell dimension 5150, after seating the additional ram one of the existing slots containing ram started smoking with an obvious plastic burning smell. I have removed all ram and the burning is still occurring when powering on accompanied by a loud beeping noise. It's clear that one of the slots is melting. Need to know what my options are now. New board, or can this be rectified. Obviously the slot is now damaged and can't be used but there are three remaining. Never experienced this and unsure what has caused it to happen ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Memory slot smoking

Please place your system specs, that way we could help you easier.:
System Info - See Your System Specs

The beeping noise, is it a one long beep? Or is it accompanied by another long or short beep?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288897-memory-slot-smoking.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Tecra Laptop running Windows XP Professional The latptop has two slots A amp B in which you can add MB of memory each When starting Problem Slot Memory up the PC with both modules installed I get the error message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system drivers pci sys You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM Select R at the first screen to repair quot I have done as indicated and done a full repair on Windows XP but still get same message I then went to Microsoft Memory Slot Problem com to search the knowledge base According to Microsoft the above message indicates quot This issue may occur if your computer contains a hardware component that is either damaged or is incompatible with Windows XP quot I followed their instructions and it turns out that if I put just MB in memory Slot A the Memory Slot Problem computer starts up fine If I add it in MB in slot B I get the above problem At first I Memory Slot Problem thought it was a bad memory module but if I switch them they will both start up the computer in Slot A when used by themselves So it appears to me that Slot B is the problem somehow Any thoughts or assistance greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Where is the memory card slot on the Pavilion 550-126?  The slot on the front does not look like the right size.  Is there a way to get a diagram of the front and rear functions?

A:550-126 where is memory card slot

Hi, Very interesting. The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04875975 It has 7-in-1 multimedia card readerFigure : View of memory card readerSupports the following cards:Secure Digital? (SD)Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)SDXCMemory StickMemory Stick SelectMemory Stick PROMemory Stick MagicGateWith Front I/O portsUSB 3.0: 2Headphone: 1Microphone: 1and Back I/O portsFigure : Odense back I/O panelUSB 2.0: 2LAN (Ethernet)HDMI: 2USB 3.0: 2Audio: Line inAudio: Line outAudio: MicrophoneI believe it is at the front but where. What is your card ? Is it on the list above ? Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/550-126-where-is-memory-card-slot/td-p/5690390
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been building computers for years and never found a reason for the placement of the memory slots on a motherboard. If you look at a board that uses an Intel CPU, the slots used are1-3 and/or 2-4. If you look at a board that uses an AMD CPU however, the slots used are 1-2 and/or 3-4. Does anybody know why this is? No, I'm not trying to make a better motherboard, I'm just curious enough to finally ask.

Thanks for any info anyone can give.

A:Memory slot placement

'If you look at a board that uses an AMD CPU however, the slots used are 1-2 and/or 3-4.'

refer to the MSI K9N - which see;

http://www.bosamar.com/K9N/review.html

Dual channel with slots 1/3 or 2/4.

Assuming that you installed 2 Gb in 4 modules of dual channel ram and it is used from byte 0 to 2047 linearly, then assuming that the average 2 Gb ram install running XP uses about 50% of the Ram running avg8 (as example), you would get heating in ram modules 1 and 3 and none to speak of in 2 and 4.

Thus, heat separated components and better cooling.

My opinion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-slot-placement.114983/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and run Windows XP. my memory card slot recently stopped working. I used to be able to insert my memory card from my digital camera and download my pictures and now it no longer works. It doesn't even show up under My Computer under removable storage. Please help!

A:memory card slot

Put a card in it and:

Look in Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device manager

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and see if a USB mass storage device is listed.

Also look to see no yellow ? or ! are shown, indicating missing drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-slot.533573/
Relevancy 52.89%

So recently my colleague tried to upgrade the RAM in his laptop, but he ended up messing up really bad he actually broke the only memory slot on the motherboard (yikes!). He asked me to take a look at it for him, and I was pretty surprised how badly he had messed it up (as in there's no way it could be fixed). I told him he might have to replace the entire motherboard, but he really can't afford that right now. I let him know that might be his only option, but I decided to ask here before giving up. The rest of the motherboard is fine; only the memory slot is broken. So is it possible to replace just the memory slot without replacing the entire motherboard? And if so, can anyone help me out with doing this? He does really need his laptop, so any help would be awesome.

A:Broken memory slot

How long can he go without a laptop?
That is a big project. You will need to be a master with a solder gun. Just getting the old part off without melting the motherboard will be an adventure. There are a LOT of pins.

First you will need to find the Brand and model # of the motherboard. You can use CPU-Z for that - it will list the info on the third tab.

Then, armed with that info you will search for the RAM SOCKET replacement. This is where it will get interesting, as the available sources will be in Asia. Shipping will kill you (for a $3 part). And you will probably need some translation skills too.

Your colleague really couldn't afford to mess his RAM Socket up. Now his best bet is to buy a new laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334046-broken-memory-slot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

I'm working on a windows vista computer that would restart randomly and get a window exception bsod. I took out a memory module and ran memtest86 with memory in slot 1. Failed. Swapped it out with another memory stick but on the SAME slot on the motherboard. Failed.

Took that stick, put it in another slot on mobo. Passed. Took the other stick put in in that next slot, got the restarts again. Could it be that the memory slot that went bad on the mobo also caused the memory stick to go down with it?

A:Solved: bad memory stick AND slot?

Yes, that could be possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-memory-stick-and-slot.1011709/
Relevancy 52.46%

I removed my memory card before ejecting it. Now my memory card slot doesn't work at all. I have done it before and got help on fixing but I can't remember how I did it. It is a readable card and I have tried several different ones so it's not a issue with card itself. The computer doesn't even see I am putting it in. Please help I do a lot of photo's and it's annoying to have find the computer plug everytime I need to get the pictures off.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Memory-card-slot-not-reading/td-p/5789311
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a N1996 motherboard with two slots for 184pin memory. i have purchased a new module to slot into the second slot but i just get a long beep then the beep stops, then a long beep again etc.
i have just tried the original one in the second slot(on its own) twice, but still the beep. i have put the memory back into the first slot and it works fine.

any help would be grateful

would i need to change the bios setting, or do you think that the second memory bank is down.

Relevancy 52.46%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 52.46%

Alrighty I m running an MSI K N Neo I ve had it for a while help. coded memory slot Color so far I ve just been running a stick in Color coded memory slot help. the first green slot Someone got me two sticks of to fill out my system I installed them but only recognized g of ram I checked the manufacturer s site to find http www msicomputer com product p spec asp model k n neo platinum a nice diagram about dual and single channel memory that makes no sense to me I believe all the sticks are dual channel they have memory modules on both sides of the ram if that is how you tell I m not sure All three sticks are kingston value ram they are pc all three work as I discovered after some musical chairs with memory I m currently running the two new sticks recognizing g of memory while I have my original stick in a box Can anyone help me out with the diagram or point me in the direction of something more helpful The manufacturer s website has an online tech support page that is under construction I just downloaded the manual but I was hoping for some easy insight Anything would be greatly appreciated at this point Thanks nbsp

A:Color coded memory slot help.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=k8n_neo4_platinum

Did you scroll down to the "DIMM Module Combination" and "MSI Reminds You..." and read what is posted there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-coded-memory-slot-help.663643/
Relevancy 52.46%

Can i upgrade my 4gb ram to 8gb? How many slot does hp 15 g005ax have?

A:hp 15-g005ax maximum memory and slot

Hi, It has: 1 customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slotSupports single-channel memoryDDR3L-1600-MHz Single Channel SupportDDR3L-1333-MHz Single Channel Support (DDR3-1600 downgrade to DDR3-1333)Supports up to 8 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:? 8192-MB total system memory (8192×1) or (4096×2)? 6144-MB total system memory (4096×1) + (2048×1)? 4096-MB total system memory (4096×1) or (2048×2)? 2048-MB total system memory (2048×1) Source: 3rd manual on the following link, page 2        http://support.hp.com/my-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6545564/model/7169754/manuals and the answers: (a) Yes (b) only one. Page 65 of the manual shows you part number and how to install RAM Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-15-g005ax-maximum-memory-and-slot/td-p/5818321
Relevancy 52.46%

How can I upgrade my laptop memory? There isn't a memory slot at the bottom of the laptop.

A:I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V

Memory slots on this notebook model are placed under the bottom cover so when RAM modules must be exchanged or upgraded bottom cover must be removed.
Please note: on some notebook models RAM upgrade is supported by notebook owners and RAM upgrade steps are described in user?s manuals document.

I your case such upgrade is not supported and RAM upgrade should be done by authorized service provider.
Generally speaking bottom cover removal is not complicated but you should not do it alone. This will cancel valid warranty.

In my opinion, before you do anything contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country and ask for help. Simply pick up some info about price and compatible RAM modules.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79831-I-can-t-find-the-memory-slot-to-Satellite-S70-B-10V
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I have some (AGP 300w GPU upgrade not? PSU) slot, or 8x fairly specific questions that are related to graphics cards upgrades with respect to PSUs so allow me to lay out the background of the system first and then get into my questions second First system details Intel P Northwood GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) GHz ASUS P SD-VX I believe that this is a Sony OEM board GB GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) PC DDR GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) SDRAM Corsair something or other x MB ATI Radeon Pro MB x RPM IDE harddrive x DVD-RW DVD RW drives floppy drive Sound Blaster PCI card mm case fan mm CPU fan stock fans Putting all this into the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator here gives me a recommended PSU wattage of W Even with the quot capacitor aging quot factor turned up to the system is years old I only get W Now my PSU is rated at W with A max on the single V rail It has NEVER---repeat NEVER---overheated been unstable crashed blue screened or done anything that I didn t want it to do Lucky me Here are my questions Is the current video card a quot balanced quot card for my system set-up Could I feasibly run a more robust card given the CPU RAM etc FSB is MHz Read---I want to run a more robust card and want to know if it s worth the effort However I m concerned about CPU and FSB bottlenecks Regardless of balanced components what is the most robust card my system can run Also Is my PSU enough to run a more robust card I ve gotten very wary of people hollering about more wattage because I ve never had any sort of power problem with the PRO in this system and I ve seen lots of discussion about how one should have at least a W PSU to run that card Then again I could be running a dangerously overloaded system and have not known it Please let me know I don t have budget constraints in that the only thing I m ready to change in the set-up is the video card I would love to hear suggestions on how to optimize the system but getting a new mobo PSU CPU isn t really an option at this point Only game I really play is WoW but I m quite attached to it and would like for it to look better than it does at this point Also given how tight the PSU component match-up is overclocking won t come into the picture at all That s it for questions right now Thanks in advance for reading Ruu nbsp

A:GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU)

If all you play is WoW that system should be fine. And you even said it runs perfect for you. It doesn't look like you need an upgrade if you're just playing WoW...Unless you plan on playing new games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-upgrade-or-not-agp-8x-slot-300w-psu.109638/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi People,

I have an old Dell Dimension XPX T600 PC. I want to upgrade the cpu. However its a Slot A. I'm told that I don't have to upgrade the entire slot, just the cpu. How do I do this?

Also, what is the max cpu my slot A pc will take.

Thanks,
Kappy

Relevancy 52.03%

It has been a while since I worked with a slot 1 CPU. I would like to upgrade a slot 1 Celeron with a 66 MHz FSB to a Pentium III slot 1 CPU with a 100 MHz FSB.

If the FSB remains at 66 MHz due to the MB, will the PIII CPU still work, but a a reduced speed?

Thank you:
Rhyder

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi , im new around here and I just want to know that can i upgrade my graphic card if i only have standard PCI slot ?

A:Graphics upgrade, only have PCI slot

hello and welcome; here are couple of options of PCI Video Cards for your system, if your system is bit older, it should still have AGP slot. Can you please give your system's specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-upgrade-only-have-pci-slot.142223/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just recently purchased a 1gb stick of Kingston ddr400 Ram for my pc.

Currently i have 2 x 512mb sticks in my 1st and 3rd slot of my MB. I currently use the Asus A7N8X-D Board. 3 Memory slots total. What would you suggest me to do for the order of my memory or does it even matter ?

Slot 1 : 512mb
Slot 2 : Empty
Slot 3 : 512mb

Eventually going to be 3gb Memory but Im not the best in these types of configurations.

Thanks ahead of time guys.

Relevancy 52.03%

I am using a HP Z400 Workstation Xeon Quad-Core W3565 3.2GHz, 12GB (3x4GB), 1TB, DVDRW, Windows 7 Pro.This the the model with 6 memory slots, so there was a possiblity for 24GB of RAM.  When I populate the remaining slots 4, 5 & 6 with 4GB DIMM, I get errors on boot up for the newly populated slots.  I am unable to configure for 24GB.I did discovered that the DDR3's that I am using are non-ECC.  The system has been running fine with the (3x4GB) setup.  Is the non-ECC preventing the 24GB configuration from working?Thanks for any help you can offer. 

A:z400 - 6 slot memory configut=ration

Yes it is. It is not possible to install standard PC and server memory, I've never seen a system of any brand which supports such a configuration. Officially, the Z400 supports only ECC unbuffered memory modules.However, it will also run with standard DDR3 RAMs, unsupported only means that HP Customer Service won't help you.There are some reports that even 8 GB Modules work, but that's another story, 24 GB runs fine. Mixing different types of memory is generally a bad idea.Use either ECC unbuffered (which is recommended) or non-ECC, preferably six identical modules.DDR3 are relatively cheap, even those with error checking and correction. Good luck  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z400-6-slot-memory-configut-ration/td-p/5571112
Relevancy 52.03%

Here s a VERY strange problem Inspiron s w two G DDR DIMMs installed nbsp was up and running when it suddenly turned off with flashing amber SLOT Inspiron Failure? 660s Memory power light and two-beep code indicating memory problem Inspiron 660s Memory SLOT Failure? When power cycled the same symptom occurred flashing amber amp two-beeps Troubleshooting showed DIMM slot was bad Item on p Inspiron 660s Memory SLOT Failure? of User s Manual If either G DIMM card was installed in the DIMM slot Item on p the system would boot OK Both slots populated Flash beep DIMM slot populated with either G DIMM Flash beep DIMM slot populated with either G DIMM Boots OK After quot fixing quot the system by de-populating the DIMM slot full Dell Diagnostics online version were run with all PASS results Memtest passed as well QUESTIONS How could a memory SLOT not memory card suddenly fail in the middle of operation The system was up amp running but nothing was being done on it at the time of failure Did a part of the chipset fail Is there any way to fix this problem short of replacing the MoBo Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19977521
Relevancy 52.03%

I m sorry this is so long but please take the time to read it all because I have already taken a LOT of steps to solve this myself I am an IT Professional and have been Memory locks Stick up unless in is Vaio slot since the s The computer I m having the problem with is mine it has always had up-to-date AV and has Automatic Updates on I check it every so often with SpyBotS amp d or MalwareBytes and it has NEVER had anything besides tracking cookies It has been on a secured wireless network out in the middle of nowhere doubt anyone would hack it with both a hardware firewall at the DSL entry point and Windows Firewall on It has never had a Memory Stick in its slot before now The only removable media I ve ever used with it is a big USB disk for backups which unfortunately has not been done Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot in about months Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot I ve never had Limewire or any other risky stuff installed on this computer I don t use FaceBook or any of the social networking I don t surf any type of risky sites Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot and I don t download anything onto this computer Its the safest computer on the planet The computer is a Sony Vaio K-series laptop probably - years old running XP Home SP and IE Here s the sequence of events as best I recall them - everything is fine I m looking up something boring like outboard motor parts Its supposed to storm tomorrow so I am going to unplug it Automatic Updates are downloaded and ready to install so I choose quot Install Updates and Shutdown quot It does its thing in a normal amount of time no indication of problems and shuts down I unplug the charger and put it away - I get the computer out plug it up push the power button It gets to the WinXP logo with the progress bar underneath The bar rotates around a couple times then sticks I wait probably minutes and nothing ever happens I notice the orange light is on beside the quot Memory Stick quot slot I boot it up in Safe Mode That works I check the logs for the Windows Updates everything appears to have went fine Check Event Viewer for some clue as to what happened nothing Check Device Manager no splats Everything looks fine Hmmm maybe a fluke try a normal reboot again Exact same result hangs at same place with orange light on beside quot Memory Stick quot slot So I boot into Safe Mode and uninstall all of the Windows Updates that have the date on them I made sure I did them in the correct order so all dependencies were resolved Tried another normal boot Nope hangs at same place with orange light on beside quot Memory Stick quot slot OK now I m scared So I go to my other PC the desktop and do some Googling of the symptoms I find one in particular a malware-infested Sony VAIO locking up with Memory Stick light on So its probably malware Since I already have the latest version of Norton AV I run a full scan on the Vaio with that Comes up clean Then MalwareBytes latest version comes up clean Then I reboot into Safe mode with Networking Then run Housecall online with Trend Micro comes up clean Just for S s amp G s I even try their New Beta scan clean Then Kaspersky s online scanner also comes up clean Then BitDefender again clean Then as a last resort I disable NOrton s real-time protection and run Combofix Combofix did not find anything I looked through its logs but have to admit I m not that good at fixing something manually I don t know how to interpret Hijack This logs I always give up before then and reformat But I have a bunch of old software that I don t know the registration keys for so I do not want to reformat At this point I kinda panicked and tried Restoring Windows to a Restore Point on That hosed my IE Windows was unable to restore back to the Restore Point that Combofix had just created - So I dinked around with it reinstalling IE and Java Finally got that working again I had read in the post about the malware-laden Vaio that his booted normally if he pu... Read more

A:Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot

Hello SunBoss

I am happy to report that I have solved the identical problem you describe involving system hang on the Windows XP splash screen and the yellow memory stick light turning on at that point. Similar to your experience I could boot in safe mode but no way to get into a normal boot. As this was a client machine on a limited budget I could not waste a lot of time and contacted the client and got authorization to do a full system restore figuring it would eliminate any software issues (conclusion based on ability to boot in safe mode it seemed reasonable?). Much to my surprise after a full factory restore from the OEM restore DVD the symptom was still there, in fact the restore could not complete because it required a full normal boot to finish the restore. So now I was really perplexed, no way it was software (given that the drive had been fully erased and reformatted), so that only leaves hardware and the memory stick module seemed the likely culprit and on a hunch I tore the bloody thing apart (keyboard, rear hinge cover, and all screws from bottom of the case) which allowed be just enough clearance to get inside and remove the ribbon cable from the memory stick module and presto the problem is resolved and unit now boots normally and I am in the process of bringing the system back up to current standards with all the updates, etc, and have already done multiple reboots with no problems. So I suspect you will find similar results once you go through the difficult task of tearing it apart as our symptoms were identical.

Trust me it has nothing to do with virus or malware activity, it is an actual hardware failure!!

Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235912/vaio-locks-up-unless-memory-stick-is-in-slot/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I am having a strange problem with my PC I have a year old motherboard Leadtek Winfast K nCR D Pro and a new Athlon XP and new x GB corsair value memory - PC slot issue weird Resets sticks My PC is randomly resetting itself even sitting at the bios screen just as though the reset button had been pressed I disconnected all the drives and it still happens I have installed a new PSU and it still happens This is the bit that confuses me I PC Resets - weird memory slot issue have three dimm slots one black two blue for dual channel If I put either of the chips only in the black slot I get NO problems at all If I put either of the chips only in either of the blue slots it randomly resets this happens whether I have a single chip in one of the blue slots or both chips in both blue slots Obviously when there is only one chip in one blue slot the bios does not show dual channel enabled Is there any difference in the way a motherboard deals with the memory in the blue slots which could indicate a problem with the memory or is it likely the motherboard is dying Thanks for your help nbsp

A:PC Resets - weird memory slot issue

Assuming the RAM is correct for your PC go into BIOS and set DRAM or RAM or whatever your RAM is listed under to Auto, reboot and see if that helps. ALso, make sure that you have the RAM in the correct slots for DDR (probably the two blue as you stated).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-resets-weird-memory-slot-issue.27567/
Relevancy 52.03%

sorry i like to seek your adivce on the following matter

i am using asus P7H55-M motherboard..i was actually using kingston 2x 2GB 1333MHz ram..recently i added 1 nex kingston 1x4GB 1333MHz ram..it was working fine until today when the com could not boot up..when i check, i found burnt mark on the 4GB ram and the memory slot..

my question are:
1) could i replace my motherboard if it is still under warrenty
2) could the burnt mark cause by the mismatching of the ram..

A:Burned memory slot on Asus P7H55-M

7ryota said:

1) could i replace my motherboard if it is still under warrentyClick to expand...

I guess so, have you ever tried to establish the communication with the motherboard maker yet? Many of them has it own support lines that can provides the RMA informations.

7ryota said:

2) could the burnt mark cause by the mismatching of the ram..Click to expand...

How? Did you actually force it to be seated in backward position? Look closely at the notch of RAM, they can only go one way, and you can feel the pressure of installing the ram if it goes in wrong way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-memory-slot-on-asus-p7h55-m.166579/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi nbsp I recently bought a notebook from HP the HP G with A - processor Inside there was a GB DDR L- Kingston memory module slot with HP u... speed G2 - 355 only Memory on 1600MHz K7H44ES shipped and there are two slots available nbsp I checked with CPU-Z and other tools and it showed a DRAM Frequency of MHz nbsp I added a GB DDR HP 355 G2 K7H44ES - Memory speed 1600MHz only with on slot u... L- Cruical memory module to the second slot and checked again with CPU-Z The DRAM Frequency was just MHz the memory size of GB was recognized correctly nbsp I thought it must be because of two different modules got for testing two other identical GB DDR L- Kingston memory modules and DRAM Frequency was again just MHz nbsp And if only one slot is used with any DDR L- I had available DRAM Frequency was MHz But whenever both slots are used it dropped to MHz nbsp What's wrong Do I need some specific memory modules for this notebook respectively CPU and memory controller nbsp HP Support suggested just that but I believe it's not because of this Perhaps the memory controller is working that way that it drops down to MHz if both slots are used But why should that be With none of my previous notebooks or pc this happened always the memory speed as specified nbsp And Google says that A - has a single-channel memory contoller for DDR L- which would be even faster but instead it runs with nbsp I currently use Windows Pro -bit if this of matter nbsp Cheers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-355-G2-K7H44ES-Memory-speed-1600MHz-only-with-on-slot/td-p/5801100
Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed the new windows 10 in my PC, before this i had windows 7 home premium. i have a memory card adapter in which i used to slid my micro SD card and was able to access it when i had windows 7, but when i upgraded to windows 10 and inserted the memory card reader in the slot it stopped detecting, their is no action and i am not able to access it.
Please help
System: Dell Studio 1558 2010-11 Model.

A:SD memory card/ Slot not working in Windows 10

Hi Anandani,
Dell Studio 1558 has not been tested by Dell for Windows 10 operating system you will not find drivers for it. However, please use the card reader Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.
http://dell.to/1IlNMpd
Please let me know if this works.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646017
Relevancy 52.03%

When I populate slot2 with 512mb noname ddr1 I cannot boot into windows, BIOS comes up ok and memory tests ok. This is intermittent but now almost 90% of the time it won't boot. slot1 contains a 1GB kingston pc3200.

With no ddr in slot2 it boots ok and with a 1GB stick (corsair) it boots ok. I guess it was the noname 512MB stick but seems strange it passed all the memory tests (from ubuntu grub loader)

MB is an Asus K8S-MX

A:Won't boot into windows with 2nd memory slot filled

hi what happens when you put the 512MB stick in slot 1 and the 1gb stick in slot 2? kinda surprised your running win7 64bit on just 1.5 gb of ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361167-wont-boot-into-windows-2nd-memory-slot-filled.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My printer's memory card slot isn't recognized by my computer. I am running Vista. Can anyone help with this. I contacted the printer's tech support and they tried but said it was a Microsoft problem.

A:Memory card slot not recognized on printer

Welcome sannallett,
Sounds like a tech support answer. What is the Brand and Model of the printer?
In Device Manager under your Printer is there a notification sign?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268942-memory-card-slot-not-recognized-printer.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello quick question, I am trying to upgrade my old tiny from a pentium 2 400 mhz slot, to a 1.3 G celeron using a 370 socket to slot converter, but when i power up the screen does not come on, Will it even work if so what am i doing wrong. P.s. I have changed the bus switching to 4x on the motherboard.

thanks bubba.

A:360 socket to slot converter upgrade

My experience has been that it never works. Ive tried to use one of thos converter boards on a number of occasions and its never worked.

Meckter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/360-socket-to-slot-converter-upgrade.76988/
Relevancy 51.17%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)
I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Bran...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/110-151BR-Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Toshiba A S running Windows Vista Home Basic the max memory upgrade is X GB which I purchased via no card 2nd memory recongnition Toshiba A135 slot, newegg com and installed When I turned it on black screen and no boot up Basically it will only reconize one GB of memory doesn t Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition matter what slot as long as it is only one I tested both memory chips both work in the computer and in either card slot just not both chips in both card slots What Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition the heck Even stumped the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy he seemed to think it the mother board issue It runs much better on the GB then it did with the MB cha Computer Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition should be able to run both GB card in each slot and reconize about to of the memory if it would run both cards at the same time I did upgrade the BIOS from to as most of the blogs suggested-still won t recognize the nd GB card nbsp

A:Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition

cant find your lappy on toshiba site , same thing happened with me and was the bios update i needed so re check its the correct update
have you tried 1x2gb and 1x what you took out??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a135-2nd-card-slot-no-memory-recongnition.939718/
Relevancy 51.17%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

A:Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Comput...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 51.17%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased what was described as a 'Dell 3588D Motherboard Slot 1 Dimension
XPS-B' motherboard from eBay. It uses Rambus memory sticks, but has 3
memory slots to fill, while every motherboard of that type I have researched only
has 2 memory slots. In addition, most of the Series B desktops I looked into
seem to be limited to 512MB of memory.
Because my motherboard has 3 memory slots, would I be allowed to insert three 256MB memory sticks, giving me a total memory of 768MB? I'm told that you should
not exceed the required limit of memory. Would someone care to comment on my
predicament?

hextek

A:Filling a 3rd memory slot of a Dell B Series desktop

Just try it, it'll either work or it won't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/filling-a-3rd-memory-slot-of-a-dell-b-series-desktop.146470/