Windows Support Forum

Dell 3510 printer issue

Q: Dell 3510 printer issue

My dad was putting some paper into his printer and had apparently put the paper in too far. When he tried to print something it jammed up and the printer had abruptly shut off. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in however, the printer WILL NOT turn back on at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3510-printer-issue.202348/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell 3510 printer issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.08%

I ordered the Precision laptop with the nbsp Intel reg Core trade Xeon E - M v When I was configuring this laptop it says that ECC memory is required and choosing a non-ECC memory makes a message pop up saying the selected memory is incompatible with the processor For saving money I ordered this laptop with GB of ECC memory GB X 3510 Dell configuration problem RAM Precision - as configured from Dell Then I ordered this RAM kit from Crucial to upgrade the laptop nbsp Installing both Crucial memory sticks replacing the OEM gb sticks results in the computer booting up with amber blinking pattern indicating invalid memory installed See page of the owner s manual nbsp However booting with just one stick of GB memory does not result in any problems and the system RAM configuration problem - Dell Precision 3510 is able to post and load into the OS which recognizes GB installed I am aware that the Crucial memory I purchased is Mhz and the configurations from Dell for this laptop only list Mhz RAM This does not seem to be an issue though considering the laptop is able to boot up with GB of Mhz ECC just fine Furthermore this system is capable of handling GB according to the owner s manual and memory configuration options from Dell s ordering site nbsp Please advise on how to allow this machine to boot with two sticks of GB Mhz ECC If this is not possible would this memory kit be compatible with this machine with the selected processor mentioned above It is Mhz but non-ECC nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988869
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi ,
What configuration should I do to allow 3 monitors working.
I tried this but only 2 display are working. Appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Cheers.
coolkiks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996136
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello we have a dell laptop that no matter what we tried we were unable to install the Windows done 3510 could an USB. Laptop what Dell a we was DVD We or install no not from and matter O/S have Precision bit enterprise edition I worked with Dell on this and even they could not get it to work We switched the BIOS from UEFI We have a Dell Precision 3510 Laptop and no matter what was done we could not install an O/S from DVD or USB. to Legacy and switched the RAIDon to AHCP and there was the third thing which I have a hard time recalling I think it was boot off of CD and the setting was set correctly We spent hours trying to do this to no avail I tried the DVD and USB at one point it looked as if it was going to install the O S but we got a box that came up asking us to search for Drivers I was able to see the C quot drive and the quot X quot It asked to Load driver but no matter what we tried it did not work Below is as far as I was able to get I even ran the F Driver Utility and still it was a no-go I had another PC to try it with but when I switched from UEFI to Legacy it was as if there was no OS at all and I had to switch it back

A:We have a Dell Precision 3510 Laptop and no matter what was done we could not install an O/S from DVD or USB.

You need to prepare Windows 7 media with the USB 3.0 drivers for the Skylake platform slipped into it:

www.dell.com/.../SLN300564

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991058
Relevancy 64.93%

How can I get the setting so that when my end user logs on the number pad is accessible without having to press "numlock" every time? Is there a BIOS setting to change this?
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994074
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
Just the other day my Dell 720 printer stopped working. It can turn on, and it's still listed in the printer section of the control panel. However, when I try to print a document, it just remains in the queue and nothing happens.
Does anyone know what could be wrong and any potential solutions?
Thanks in advance!
Also, it might be worth noting that I think it started happening when I tried to print something and got a message from my virus software (Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007) asking if I'd like to approve or deny some software function, it might have said spool...and I could have sworn I hit approve, but I might have accidentally denied it. Do you know what something like this could have done, and if so, how to correct it?
Thanks again!!!

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, Have a Dell A940 printer am trying to fix for a friend. Have solved one issue, but it's the second issue that has me stumped. I've tried this printer on two different computers with the same results. If printing from Wordpad, Wordperfect, or Word, nothing prints. Printing from my yahoo account results in the yahoo header being printed but not the rest of the email. It also did print a .jpg graphic. So, it seems not to want to print text (unless it's associated with graphics) for some reason. Have checked the basics like margins, set up, paper, etc. And again, tried this printer with two different computers. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

A:dell printer issue

This may be a cartridge issue afterall. Seems I can print color, but not black, but any other thoughts are welcome. Going after a third cartridge to try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-issue.737645/
Relevancy 59.77%

Greetings Short description I cannot print Long description After installing Avast and ZoneAlarm my computer has stopped printing I have the Dell AIO Printer and everything was working fine before this Whenever I try to print anything it just hangs in the queue and I eventually get a Dell Error stating that the printer cannot communicate with the computer It s interesting because it never gives an quot error quot in the print queue window it just hangs on quot printing quot and never does anything I have a red error under quot Application quot in Event Viewer that looks like this Event Type Error Event Source Application Hang Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer COMPUTER Description Hanging Dell Printer 922 issue AIO Communication application dlbtpswx exe version hang module hungapp version hang address x For more information Dell AIO 922 Printer Communication issue see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e e ion Hang c dlbtps e wx exe e e e e e in hunga e e pp e f at of fset -------- And two under quot System quot which look like this Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer COMPUTER Description The server DD FC- - D-BF -CAD C E did not register with DCOM within the required timeout For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp -------- Event Type Error Event Source Print Event Category None Event ID Dell AIO 922 Printer Communication issue Date Time PM User COMPUTER COMPUTER USER Computer COMPUTER Description The document Dell AIO 922 Printer Communication issue test - Notepad owned by COMPUTER failed to print on printer Dell Photo AIO Printer Data type LEMF Size of the spool file in bytes Number of bytes printed Total number of pages in the document Number of pages printed Client machine COMPUTER Win error code returned by the print processor x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp -------- I uninstalled both Avast and ZoneAlarm but the problem continued so I reinstalled them I have tried uninstalling the Printer drivers with Revo Uninstaller and reinstalling them I have run CCleaner as well Additionally the following Programs all have a quot green check quot in ZoneAlarm Dell Dell Button Manager Printer Communication System Printer Status Window Interface and Spooler SubSystem App Does anyone have any ideas on what may be wrong Many thanks nbsp

A:Dell AIO 922 Printer Communication issue

Crisis Averted

Well, after some more digging I found a rather helpful troubleshooter on Dell's Support Page:

Dell Printer Troubleshooter

I'd recommend using it if you are having similar problems. Interestingly, it seems as if the uninstall was not completely successful before, even though I used Revo. I had to go into Device Manager and click on Show Hidden Devices under View and uninstall it there as well. This may or may not have been the final trick to get it to uninstall but the printer works successfully after using this step.

Also, after going through the troubleshooter above you will find the latest driver for download on one of the steps. Currently the driver is located here:

Dell AIO 922 Driver

Now, I think I actually had the latest driver...BUT after you unzip/install the driver I found an uninstall file in there located here: C:\Dell922\install\dlbtunst. This may or may not have been the final trick to get it to uninstall but the printer works successfully after using this step. Then I rebooted. [Note that when you unzip the driver it will ask you immediately if you want to start the process of installing the driver, but at this point you want to cancel out of that. You'll do that later...see below.]

Now, upon reboot I actually got the found new hardware balloon which is what you're hoping for to show that it was completely uninstalled previously. Note that during this process of finding and installing the new hardware it couldn't find some files. That's to be expected because you currently have no drivers installed, etc. However, after that process completes and it says that errors were encountered during the installation and some of your new hardware may not work (that's okay at this point), then you want to install the driver you downloaded (before you should have only used the uninstaller that came with it). At that point the software successfully installed and the printer started working again. [Note that the only way I could actually get the installer to run was to re-unzip the downloaded file. I just deleted the old unzipped files and re-unzipped it. This is the step that you previously canceled out of before...see above.]

Finally, when installing the driver I was asked whether or not I wanted the printer to be able to be used by the network. I clicked YES for this even though this is a standalone computer/printer. I'm not sure if saying no to this would have affected the results, but it may have. Perhaps this was necessary for ZoneAlarm to configure things correctly? I'm not sure, but it worked. Interestingly, I may NOT have done this when I first installed the driver originally.

Again, I'm not entirely sure which of these new steps solved the problem, but I'm working on someone else's machine and don't have time to go back and isolate the exact solution. At least this gives you some more things to try if you have this similar issue.

Hope this helps someone!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-aio-922-printer-communication-issue.118869/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7. Everything seems to work fine except the printer - Dell all in one printer 922. To solve the issue, I have followed several solutions from different forums. For e.g., according to one solution (this solution seemed sensible), I have deleted the printer from my system, uninstalled all the printer driver software and have tried to use the vista 32 drivers to get my printer working. But all in vain. I have tried the process almost ten times now and I am tired. That's why I have come to this forum. Please could any one of you help me resolve this issue. Thank you in anticipation.

Chai

A:Windows 7 - Dell aio 922 Printer Issue

I had the same problem with my Dell AIO 964... Try downloading the the Patch/Upgrade .Zip file from the Dell website. When it finishes downloading open it and run the DellCleanUpUtility.exe this will delete the driver that Windows 7 automatically installed. When the Utility completes it will ask to reboot, allow it do so, then procede to install the windows vista version of your printer driver from the Dell website. Cho Yung Tea

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-dell-aio-922-printer-issue-497685.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Since upgrading to Windows 10 last week I haven't been able to print from the internet. Seems to work printing from the computer, although I get a message saying there is a problem with the printer and will not be able to print...then it prints! Anyone else having this problem, and if so is there a solution to it that I can try. Thank in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53236-dell-v525w-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Dell Printer A940 and Vista I am using my old printer (Dell A940 All-in-One printer) with my new Vista operating system. I have downloaded all the drivers from the Dell website and still the printer will not scan. The printer works fine, but when I try to open the All-In-One center, I get a runtime error message saying the application has requested Runtime to terminate the program in an unusual way. Basically, I just want my printer to scan pictures the way it did before I got Vista operating system. Is there anything I can do??

A:Dell 940 AIO Printer issue with Vista

See this thread

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19306983.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-940-aio-printer-issue-with-vista.901642/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista OS I have a Dell printer interfaced to it via USB Printer driver is installed and the printer does communicate at times with the computer and does a good job printing However intermittently when trying to print a document I ll get a message on the computer that says that communication has been lost and print job failed I ve checked all connections to make sure they are solid and Dell 926 Communication 1520 between computer and Inspiron Dell printer problems no debris that might cause this That has not corrected the problem The other thing that happens is that the document I want to print will stay in the print queue spooler and if I shut the computer and printer down and restart both it will print the job And it may continue to print jobs but it s just a matter of time Needless to say this is frustrating I can print several jobs in a row Communication problems between Dell 926 printer and Dell Inspiron 1520 computer with no problem and then I ll get this quot communication has been lost between printer and computer quot And I have to go thru the procedure above to get the last job printed My wife doesn t understand how this works and will try to print the same job several times with the commo problem and then complains when it won t print and then they all print when the above procedure is followed Any ideas what is going Communication problems between Dell 926 printer and Dell Inspiron 1520 computer on Any fixes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/communication-problems-between-dell-926-printer-and-dell-inspiron-1520-computer.975444/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Del N showing up 1600n Printer Printer window not Dell in Multi function printer that has been in use successfully for about two years on my home network The printer has a built in NIC and is connected via a dedicated BaseT line to my network This printer was working just FINE until I decided to use it as a fax Some how during that process I must have cleared the network configuration and it stopped being visible on my network After some investigation into this I was able to get it back on the network my manually assigning it an IP address Using the supplied installation DVD I was able to Dell 1600n Printer not showing up in Printer window install the printer onto my two desktop computers running XP Pro bit and it works just as well as before The problem occurs with my wife s Dell laptop Before the great quot fax fiasco quot as I like to call my stupid attempt to use this printer as a fax machine the laptop was able to find and print to this printer with very little problems Now not so much When I went to re-install this printer the first time I made sure that the Dell Printer software was uninstalled via Control Panel--Uninstall Programs The first attempt seemed to be going fine The software detected the printer Dell 1600n Printer not showing up in Printer window on the network and it looked like a successful install However the test page did not print out I checked in the quot Printer Properties quot to make sure that the printer was on line and sure enough it was But there was a troubleshooting alert that told me the document didn t print After several hours of messing with it I decided to uninstall and try again The second time went much like the first THEN I reasoned that the drivers may be the problem So I looked on Dell s web site and found the Windows drivers for this printer I uninstalled the old drivers downloaded the new ones and then installed As before it found the printer But during the install it flashed a message saying that it could not find a file which was weird When I hit quot continue quot it proceeds and looks like it finishes The network printer monitoring icon appears in the system tray and I can see the scanner quot portion of this Multifunction Printer But still it won t print to it And in addition the printer now refuses to show up in the quot Printer and Devices Window quot What am I doing wrong I ve heard that Windows has problems with old printers But this printer was working perfectly before this What steps do I need to do to totally remove the old printer drivers and start from scratch Is there a way to get this printer to be able to work with my wife s Dell Laptop

A:Dell 1600n Printer not showing up in Printer window

Well, I fixed it.

part of the problem is that the laptop in question has Windows 7 Home Edition. This version of Windows 7 is missing several of the administrative tools that come with Windows 7 Pro. So there is no way to access the PrintManagement.Msc to locate and delete the printer drivers that were not deleted by the Uninstall.

For this you need to first make sure you uninstalled the software, them to need to open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Just locate the "Run" dialog box and type in "MMC". Another dialog box will show up. From the listing, locate the drivers you want to delete. There are two options. But I used the one that saws delete drivers and software.

Once they were gone I downloaded the latest 64bit drivers from Dell and then installed them. It worked like a charm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414499/dell-1600n-printer-not-showing-up-in-printer-window/
Relevancy 48.59%

How to change font size

A:deskjet 3510

@NORMALPARK1? Font size - and print output size -- is controlled (set up) within the application you are using to submit the job to the printer. Most browsers, document editors, document readers, photo editing software, and similar programs provide a form of Print Preview wherein you can adjust the print parameters. Examples Accessing Printing Preferences - Firefox The Properties setting accesses Printing Preferences Browser > File > Print > Properties Printing Preferences Settings can include:Paper Source (Tray Selection), Paper Size, Media, Orientation, Print on Both Sides, Page Order Reference Document: Printing Preferences Print Preview ? Firefox Right-Click a clear space along the top ribbon in Firefox > CHECK Menu Bar Firefox > File > [Print] > Print Preview >>Page Setup > tab Format & Options (wording varies)Scale: > Percentage options OR Shrink to FitORPage Set Up?   > tab Format & Options Print Preview ? Internet Explorer Internet Explorer > File > Print Preview >Shrink to Fit > Fit the page contents to paperORInternet Explorer > File > Page Setup >UNCHECK Enable Shrink to Fit >>   Set page contents at 100% Help, Suggestions, and Examples:Manage Print Output with Print Preview Sections, various - including:PreparationPage View Adjustment When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/deskjet-3510/td-p/5726780
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,
I am using Dell precision 3510 with 1TB HDD. Now I want to install a M2 PCIE SSD or M2 SATA SDD working together with existing HDD. So SSD is used for OS and HDD for user Data.
Could you so me how to install both HDD as SDD to work together?
thank you
Hoang

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984451
Relevancy 48.59%

Normally I purchase the dell series 9, as dell brand but they were sold out at most places. So I purchased black and color ink from officemax for my dell printer which said it was for series 9 and the type of printer I own. It's the right series and numbers. I placed the ink in the printer like I normally do and my printer tells me there is no ink. I've read online elsewhere that the chip on the cartridge doesn't match the printer. If that's so then officemax shouldn't be allowed to sell dell replacement cartridge. But is there anyway I can fix this?

A:Dell Photo 926 Printer / OfficeMax Dell series 9 replacement

If it still prints just ignore it, if not then check to se if the metal is the same on the back of the cartridge and in the printer, if it is then you have a faulty cartridge, if not then the cartridge is incompatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-photo-926-printer-officemax-dell-series-9-replacement.1031246/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Precision 3510 with Ubuntu 14.04 installed from the factory.  Is it advisable to upgrade to 16.04?  I ask because I know that the new kernel is necessary to take advantage of some of the power saving features of the Skylake CPU, but it also introduces a new AMD graphics driver that may not yet be tested with FirePro cards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682801
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,I have been using this mouse model(In thread title) for about 2 months and it's been working perfectly until today, the mouse can be turned on and all, the usb can be plugged into the pc and is detectable, even in device manager BUT my mouse makes no actions: I cannot click, right click, move the mouse and so on.Any idea why?I can provide more details if needed.Thanks in advance!

A:HP FHA-3510 mouse trouble

I am having the same trouble with the same mouse. It just stopped working, and will not do anything. One thing I have noticed is the scroll wheel light blinks when I try to use it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-FHA-3510-mouse-trouble/td-p/737755
Relevancy 48.16%

SoftMaker FreeOffice is a powerful, easy-to-use, modern, lightning-fast office suite for Windows. This is a fully-functional, non-crippled, not time-limited version...totally free of charge, without any obligations.

SoftMaker FreeOffice is a complete office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation-graphics program:
FreeOffice TextMaker is more than just Word-compatible: It is not only great at document creation, but also at adding great-looking layouts.
The FreeOffice PlanMaker spreadsheet is not only Excel-compatible, but convinces with ease-of-use, speed, and presentation-quality charts.
And FreeOffice Presentations presents itself as a capable, easy to use alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint.
Changes in SoftMaker FreeOffice 1.0.3510 rev 702:
Adaptation to Windows 10
TextMaker can now open .tmd files created by TextMaker 2016.
PlanMaker can now open .pmdx files created by PlanMaker 2016.
Improved file filters
Bug fixes

http://www.softmaker.net/down/freeofficewindows.exe

https://malwaretips.com/threads/softmaker-freeoffice-1-0-3510-rev-702.50227/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,
I recently purchased a Dell Precision 3510 with an I7 6700HQ CPU. My problem is that the CPU seems to be stuck at 0.75 Ghz and it doesn't seem to go over 30% load. When reaches 30 % in load (and there it stays) might go up to 0.78 Ghz, but that's not happening every time.Did a few tests while playing a few games, on battery and while charging, and on different power plans: Dell and performance. Did not activate the profiles provided by Dell regarding the power optimization.The only time I managed to get it over 30% in load, happened when I disabled the Intel Speedstep feature from Bios. It was running indeed at 2.6 Ghz, but everything seemed to be..chaotically. 
I'm not sure if this is the way it should be. Does anyone else have this problem? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992902
Relevancy 47.73%

My new windows computer is a dell package from staples It's an Inspiron ghz megs ram bit intel pentium processor It's running Windows Home edition It's on a 'workgroup' network with two xp machines one of which shares data files that reside downlevel printer, usb and local Printer win7 doc ? w receipt issue on the win machine My usb receipt printer is an Epson tm-u D This printer is not plug and play so the driver had to be downloaded and force fed No problem there really after a few tries we got the printer to print a test page and the accounting software Bottom Line Accounting seems to recognize it fine This setup is used as Printer issue w win7 and usb receipt printer, local downlevel doc ? the cash register in a retail store and prints receipts for customers on paper rolls Here is the minor glitchy problem - when we print a receipt it prints fine but then we can see the red error light on the printer start flashing and Printer issue w win7 and usb receipt printer, local downlevel doc ? the next receipt won't print until we switch the printer off and back on Also we see a local downlevel document in the queue that goes away in about a half minute whether we turn the printer off or not and it instantly disappears if we do turn it off It's gonna be a pain to switch the printer off and back on between every two customers Surely there is an easy fix for this problem - any printer experts out there Thanks in advance

Relevancy 47.3%

I know Dell has an imaging solution, but it doesn't work for our needs, as we need a sector based solution. Here is my problem:
In order for ghost to recognize the drive, I had to change the boot sequence from UEFI to Legacy.
I've had to do that on Lenovo's, as well as a few other tweaks, and then booting to ghost with an -ib or -id switch (depending on the Lenovo model). After I create or restore an image, I have to change the boot sequence back to UEFI after the image was created/restored. Doing that works perfectly on the Lenovo ... but not on the Dell. 
Does anyone know what I need to do use ghostcast on a Dell Precision 3510?
Thanks,
Jackie

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995060
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all My problem with my recently purchased Precision is it s CPU seems to be stuck between - Ghz and doesn t exceed in load nbsp It doesn t matter if the laptop is charging or not it will stay between Ghz - Ghz The power profile is configured on high performance and the power adapter is 0.78 Ghz at Precision CPU I7 stuck 3510 6700HQ good I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version now i was really thinking to try a Precision 3510 I7 6700HQ CPU stuck at 0.78 Ghz downgrade Did a fresh install of Windows Pro it came with pro and the problem was there and i thought upgrading to w will fix this problem I also teted the CPU running a live distribution of Fedora but all the cores were running the same speed I also tried to disable enable with a reboot in between intel turboboos c-states intel speedstep The FAN is working and the laptop doesn t get hot I also tried to drain the battery to the point where the laptop wont turn on at all no success I did all the tests on dell website and nbsp dell epsa diagnostics validation as well al were passed and no issues detected The only time when it seems to reach it full capacity and Im not talking about turbo up to ghz is when I boot the system in safe mode But then it s stuck at Ghz and obviously the speedstep tech is not in use nbsp What I noticed is that the multiplier is set to To be honest I have no idea what could be I m just super nbsp disappointed since I paid loads of money nbsp for a quot workstation replacement quot and I can use it for Ms Excel This is my rd Dell laptop and my D which is years old runs faster Any opinions are welcomed

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993510
Relevancy 47.3%

Got a Precision 3510 from company with 1366 screen. Since there is 1920 option for this model, I'm wondering if I can upgrade the screen to 1920*1080 resolution? If it's possible, what parts do I need to replace? Screen? Cable? Morther board?(hopefully not...)
Thanks a lot.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983440
Relevancy 47.3%

Got a Precision 3510 from company with 1366 screen. Since there is 1920 option, wondering if I can upgrade the 1366 screen to a 1920 one? If it's possible, what parts do I need to replace?
Thanks a lot

A:Precision 3510 Screen Upgrade

First thing to verify with your company is that they're OK with you doing this - it will end your warranty.
You'll need at least the screen and wiring harness (the wiring harness is usually not interchangeable between screen resolutions).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983460
Relevancy 47.3%

Have to say this workstation is giving me some problems so far that are fundamentally slowing down my work process Disk Access at - I realize this has a lot to do with Windows and my slower drive but it gets bogged down so that the mouse stutters in movement and things almost stop Had to search high and low across the internet for strange little tweaks and things to turn off to get it not do it as much Everything from turning off notifications to manually setting the page file size Intel HD Graphics - Crashes all the time freezing the screen This is with the latest BIOS and driver updates on beta just to see if Precision not 3510 so far experience a great it helped Black Precision 3510 not a great experience so far squares appear in browser windows and in my VMware virtual machines Since I am back and forth between browsers and VMs and email I get this crash a lot Which I could just switch to using the AMD graphics card that could handle everything without issue but it seems this may be architecturally impossible which seems to be a bad choice for a system that is supposed to be this powerful and forward thinking

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980598
Relevancy 47.3%

My Precision 3510 will not sleep or hibernate regardless of how I attempt it.  If I click start, power, sleep, it just powers off.  I've set the Lid Close mode to sleep when on battery and it just powers off.  I've set it to go to sleep after 20 minutes when on batter, and it just powers off.  I've looked at the BIOs and sleep mode, or whatever it's called, is enabled.  I've run throught the FN diagnostics and they show no issues.  This is running Windows 10 that is fully up to date on patches, and the firmware/BIOS on the laptop is completely up to date.
How do I get this thing to sleep?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991172
Relevancy 47.3%

Well after several attempts through all the normal channels, I am coming here in hope that my issue can be resolved. I am looking to purchase an additional 16 GB DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 16GB, 2133, 2RX8, 8G, DDR4, EXPANDABLE SYSTEM dell number 370-ACOZ (taken from my configuration info) for my new precision mobile workstation 3510 with XEON processor.
The part number on the memory in my system reads

SK Hynix (Korea) 16GB 2RX8 PC4-2133P-TH0-11
HMA82GS7MFR8N-TF TO AD   1611

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982813
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Precision 15 3000 Series (3510) on order, and I have a question regarding the compatible memory modules for this system. May be a silly question but better to be safe than sorry...
The online manual states that the maximum memory module size is 8 GB, but there were options when ordering the laptop to buy it with 16 GB modules. I presume that the manual is outdated as surely all of the options on offer will be compatible, but can someone confirm this? Can the laptop actually take 16 GB memory modules?
Note that I didn't order any 16GB modules, just thinking about future upgrades.
Thanks,
Andrew

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987576
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I'm not getting full speed from Samsung SM951 NVMe 512GB drive,  while other reported almost double the speed I'm getting from Crystal mark.
I tried everything from using latest Samsung drivers, Microsoft NVMe drivers, updated the bios and disabled "windows write-cache" with no change whatsoever to the numbers.
I'm suspecting the Firmware used by dell cap the drive to reduce the TDP, but getting half the speed is very disappointing.
This is what I'm getting
and these what other people are getting

Baraa

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981659
Relevancy 45.58%

Every since windows 10 upgrade i have been having issues with my audio. When i start a video for the first time i will hear crackling and poping noise then it will catch up after i pause the video and play again.  Then the audio slowly goes out of sync.  At first i thought that were my speakers, but it was happening over headphones as well.  I tried the latest version of driver along with switching to the windows 10 generic audio drivers.  Anyone else having issues with this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981613
Relevancy 45.58%

I have connected my old Dell printer AIO 924 to my new Dell XPS 8500. I can't seem to figure out how to scan. I had no trouble with my old computer, but can't scan since connecting to my new XPS 8500. Can anyone help me please? Do I have to get A new driver? If so, where do I get it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 45.58%

Can anyone suggest a way to get a dell 770 printer to work on a non dell win98 system?

My friend was given the printer from his friends, but it's a dell and it's pretty muh brand new so he doesn't want to throw it away. It's also better than his current printer

Anyway, he uses the dell install disk but once it begins and runs the setup app it gives a message akin to pirating. Saying something like -this computer does not support dell , or something like - this computer is not a dell.

Can anyone offer advice. I did a search on google and dells' site and here.
I couldn't quite find anything that might lead me to an answer..?

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

I am on a Dell Inspiron and when I boot the system most of the time I get an error before the BIOS loads that reads as follows quot The Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem Please read and complete the following steps Press the device completely and firmly into the bay Press the ESC-key -- wait issue issue/boot-up bay Dell modular Inspiron for the system to power Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue down Press the power button to retry detecting the device quot My BIOS version was just recently updated as I Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue ran into the problem to BIOS Revision A I Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue called Dell Technical Support and the support told me to remove the optical drive and reinsert it I did as told I booted the system up and before the BIOS loads bam error once again The technical support didn t even know what to do The support said that I may have a failing mobo Now how would one go about seeing if their mobo was failing I d really love to check this before actually going to purchase another mobo Hell purchasing a brand new computer or building my own considering I am sick of Dell s erroneous electronics nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue

You should first try a second hard drive with a full install. That usually fixes the problems with the 1100, 1150, 5100m, 5150, and 5160 which all seem to have the same problems.
Remember that this optical drive is fragile, and has a history of failure. New models are available with DVD RW that are quite reliable, on eBay. They range from $72 to $85 to $89 to $95. If you are good with tools, you can get the generic one, then revise the hardware to make everything fit just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-modular-bay-issue-boot-up-issue.86568/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Sorry if this is in the and service printer Printer issue wrong place but I did not see a dedicated printer sub-forum and I didn't see a search link either Why no search Anyway I have Vista Ult SP Printer and printer service issue on one or my machines I have an HP Photosmart printer and it Printer and printer service issue works fine Here are two things I have Qs about I do not see the printer in the D M Shouldn't it be there When I boot the computer spoolsv exe is running as it should be but the mem usage is very high - almost k If I go to services msc switch the service to disabled stop the service switch it back to auto and then start it the spoolsv exe mem usage is at k When I reboot the mem usage reverts back to k There are no jobs in the print que that I can see so I am wondering why it is so high when I boot Thanks in advance

A:Printer and printer service issue

Hi,

I'm not sure but my service is at 16k & then drops to less than 1k.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301599-printer-printer-service-issue.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Help, please. Paper is due on Tuesday, need printer. My dell 926 AIO printer stopped doing everything and continues to give me the message "printer busy" The LCD lights on the operating panel stopped working but I can hear the ink carriage move back and forth. When I try to print I get printer busy message.

I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall. I've tried turning off computer using Vista OS) unplugging the printing after closing any printing assignments (there were none) waiting 20 minutes and turning on computer and printer. I've installed brand new ink for both color and black. Nothing works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-926-aio-printer-error-message-printer-busy.900763/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all,

I have a minor issue. I have a Dell V305 All-In-One printer. I've had it for several years. I recently purchased an Epson wireless printer which works fine. Just yesterday, right before getting rid of the Dell printer, I noticed on the screen saying Network Detected., and a light right above it showed Wi-Fi! So now I have two wireless printers, and 3 PCs a part of my network. The only problem is I don't know how to get the Dell printer to connect to the network. I've tried the support site but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue or redirect me to a website, in which I can troubleshoot the issue?

A:Dell All in One Printer

I have moved to networking
have you been using the dell on the wireless OK

little confused , you say
right before getting rid of the Dell printerClick to expand...

there should be a set-up on the printer to connect to the wireless network and enter your password for the wireless signal
OR
often when you install the printer - you are asked if its networked or USB

I will have a look for the manual online

EDIT
user manual is here
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/uscorp1/product-support/product/dell-v305/manuals

there is a setup on the printer for networking
It maybe possible to setup via that option

Otherwise follow the network setup in the manual - which does require the printer to be connected by USB cable first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-all-in-one-printer.1147390/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Dell 926 AIO printer that will not go in to "ready mode". The LCD window says "cover open" and will not print. Does anyone know how I can correct this problem? The printer is out of warranty. The message stays on after I close both the flat bed cover and/or the print cartridge door.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-printer.975935/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been having this problem for months now, I know others have to by viewing postings on other forums. I switch from windows xp to windows vista ultimate. Since than when I turn my computer on in the morning, in order to use the printer I have to uninstall and reinstall. The printer is compatible with windows vista. And I installed all the latest updates from Dell so that the printer can suppossedly work with windows vista.

I have done a ton of other things that I viewed on forums, and nothing helps. As long as I don't turn the computer off after uninstalling and reinstalling it works. Once I turn the computer off, I think what is happening is that it goes back to win-xp.

Help Me Please/I'm ready to throw this printer out, but I know there is nothing wrong with the printer. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-926-aio-printer.920143/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi i need help with my printer when i whant to print somethin it says spooler erro what can i do to fix this problem thanks for your passion

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-printer-178003.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Dell printer is doing funky stuff. When I print a document in Word, everything comes out wrong. The printer is ignoring margins, page breaks, etc. The words are are crowed together with some words printing only half of the words. There are spaces between lines that are 3 or 4 spaced and should be single spaced. Some of the headers on the page are 8 inches. It's a mess. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thank you, Liz

A:Dell Printer 942

I would uninstall the driver, and reinstall it again, as it sounds like a driver problem.

Also, check on Dell site to see if they have a updated driver.

my2cents.

Duwady

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-942.567270/
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently purchased new laptop HP550, and cant get my printer to work with it wireless or using usb. Have reinstalled drivers/software from disc as well as dell site, but no luck. Although momentarily it did seem to work, but has stopped again. Printer shows online, although documents are now sitting in a que waiting to print.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-968-all-in-one-printer.845063/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi, i was wondering if im stuck buying ink for my printer from dell ( i have a dell a926 printer) or is there another compatible cartridge out there?

A:Dell printer ink

Hi, I gave up on dell and other manufacturers and have my printer cartridges refilled at Walgreens. If a cartridge malfunctions and cannot be refilled then a cheap replacement at InkSell .com will do, again going for the generic brand. But still others cling to the brand name and will use none other. It is always a personal choice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-ink.766460/
Relevancy 42.14%

Printer works fine till I put in a new black ink cartridge, it still prints fine but will not print anything in the notepad or words....
Dell troubleshoot is not helping much
anybody got a solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-720-printer.585163/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Dell 948 printer(Printer 948 (Photo All-in-One), I constantly get an error message Clear paper jam. I've turned it off, unpluged it, once it calibrate I keep getting this message. I open the back(no paper), I open the front(no paper), is there anyway to reset the printer? Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-948.973858/
Relevancy 42.14%

I want to use the dell 720 printer with my laptop and it doesn't seem to work with Vista.

When plugged in I am instructed to insert the cd which I do then it tells me the software is not found on the disk.

I tried downloading the drivers from dell.com and unzipped them and it still won't work. I recieve an error message about it being 64-bits.

A:Dell 720 Printer

Dell only provides drivers for Vista 32-bit. If you have Vista 64-bit, it won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-720-printer.775355/
Relevancy 42.14%

I Have A Dell 964 Printer That Will Scan But Wont Print Any Suggestions?

A:Dell 964 Printer

Do you have Vista drivers for it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-964-printer.619599/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Dell 942 printer scans and copies but wont print due to communication error. I've downloaded the driver from Dells site and the computer says the printer is on line and ready but wont print a test page.help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-942-printer.999019/
Relevancy 42.14%

I received a Dell 924 all in one printer and Dell is saying I can only buy the ink from them. Does anyone know who really made this printer or what ink from a major mfg. is compatible. I don't want the third party stuff as I've been burned too many times with that.

thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

Just installed windows 7 home on dell 2400 inspiron laptop of 2005 vintage. Working fine over xp so leaving a few old files leaving about 3.5ghz free on the hard drive. This is ok because this computer is only used for letter writing & e-mailing & reseaching. The problem was trying to get the dell 924 printer to work with the new windows 7. got dell tech on the phone said there was no drivers available for this old printer. So looked on your forums last night & found one who had downloaded a vista driver 2005 vintage.
This driver is now working this dell 924 printer & scanner superbly.
Maybe dell think you should go & purchase a new printer, when this old one is fine.
Many thanks for your help with this forum.

A:Dell 924 printer

Quote: Originally Posted by Johng4frk

Just installed windows 7 home on dell 2400 inspiron laptop of 2005 vintage. Working fine over xp so leaving a few old files leaving about 3.5ghz free on the hard drive. This is ok because this computer is only used for letter writing & e-mailing & reseaching. The problem was trying to get the dell 924 printer to work with the new windows 7. got dell tech on the phone said there was no drivers available for this old printer. So looked on your forums last night & found one who had downloaded a vista driver 2005 vintage.
This driver is now working this dell 924 printer & scanner superbly.
Maybe dell think you should go & purchase a new printer, when this old one is fine.
Many thanks for your help with this forum.

Hi Johng4frk,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Its great to hear it resolved the issue and printer is working fine on the system. Kindly share the driver link which resolved the issue so we can test the same and ensure it is updated on our website as well.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/313465-dell-924-printer.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hope somebody out there can help. I have a new DELL 966 printer and so far Dell Tech's cant seem to help. When I first got my new DELL notebook and printer several days ago, I was able to press the PRINT SCREEN button on the key board and it would print exactly what you were looking at on the desktop. Now it wont work.
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software --no luck.
Ive tried praying, but thought I'd do better with you folks.
THANKS

A:Dell Printer

Howdy,

The printer has nothing to do with Print Screen

So you press PrtSc key and then try going to Paint and open Paint and press Ctrl + V

and it doesn't print a image?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer.535768/
Relevancy 42.14%

When i prints a document my printer keeps hanging.I've even tried canceling the job but it tells me it's still in queue.I used a lexmark before this and it used to take it's icon out of the system tray when the job was done.I've installed the software twice.Any ideas?

A:Dell 720 printer!

Stingray10 said:

When i prints a document my printer keeps hanging.I've even tried canceling the job but it tells me it's still in queue.I used a lexmark before this and it used to take it's icon out of the system tray when the job was done.I've installed the software twice.Any ideas?Click to expand...

I've just checked my registry and I still got Lexmark files.Would this cause me a problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-720-printer.525608/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently tried to link up my dell 720 printer to my friends fujitsu siemens laptop. Once i had pluged it in the laptop recognised it and installed the relevent drivers, through the microsoft new hardware program. The test page worked fine and i managed to get it set up. I then deleted all the other printers that were assigned to the laptop and made the dell printer the default one. Coming back to the computer the next day i found that it wouldnt print a document, it said that its offline, so i disconnected it and tried a differnet usb lead that i know works fine and still the same problem, so i deleted and reinstalled the drivers, and still no joy. please if anybody could help it would be great. Si

A:Dell 720 printer

Hello simonhartung

Make sure you are using the Dell driver for the printer

Windows vista 32 bit driver for dell printer 720

Windows Vista 64-bit driver for dell printer 720

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-720-printer-250326.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Dell printer will not print email text, only headings. Ink cartridges are new. Windows XP
have uninstalled and reinstalled printer CD. Word prints ok

A:Dell printer

Hey Juan-

In order to help you out, I'll need to know a little more about what it is that you're trying to print. What email client do you use to read your emails, or is this webmail you're trying to print?

If the printer is printing word, it's probably not the printer that's acting up. I can help you with the settings, just need more information first

John
Dell Customer Advocate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer.603772/
Relevancy 42.14%

My cousin bought a dell 2155cdn printer(i think a lexmark) at work and on several of the computers, both windows 7, always have problems with printing to the printer. When you go to control panel, printers and devices, then right click on the appropriate printer icon and bring up the menu, and click on "see whats printing" when the window pops up and shows the queue, on the window itself it shows that the printer is offline. It happens repeatedly with the computer/printer, was wondering if anyone had a clue how to fix it. One of the computers is a Sony Vaio, with windows 7 home premium and an i3 processor, m370, at 2.4ghz and has 4gig of memory. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Try going to Start/Devices and Printers, then at the top of the window click add printer and follow the prompts.

Is a driver for the Dell printer installed? I tried looking on the Dell site and it only said to contact "local partners" for support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289859-dell-printer.html
Relevancy 42.14%
A:Dell printer

whats wrong with the printer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26294/dell-printer/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Dell printer and it's telling me that I need to more ink. Do I need to order it from them? Or is there an ink cartridge I can go and buy from Best Buy or something?
Thanks

Looks like you can buy lots of ink cartriages for Dell printers online. Just do a search and lots of sites selling cartriages come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer.355388/
Relevancy 41.71%

Is there anyone able to point me in the right direction on setting up my laptops with my wireless printer. Dell wants to charge 129 bucks for them to guide me through. It's amazing, You buy everything from them, then they want to charge you again to set it up. So I have the printer working with my desktop, I want to connect it to my laptop, its a dell insirion 9300. My desktop is a inspiron 531S. My wireless adapter is a 3300 wireless adapter, to made by Dell. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Joe Sterle
PA

A:Dell AIO 968 Wireless Printer

You buy everything from them, then they want to charge you again to set it up.Click to expand...

Sorry to say but this is any PC company they really only support individual components and they won't walk you through setup things unless its part of a problem.
When you say you have the printer working with you desktop do you mean its already working wirelessly or do you just have it hooked up with a USB connection?

If its USB you have to do all the wrieless components if its already functioning wirelessly then you don't have much you have to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-968-wireless-printer.802732/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a driver for my Dell Photo AIO 924 printer that would work with Windows 7 64-bit? I've already tried the Vista 64-bit drivers with no luck. Does anybody know where I could find a driver?

Thanks, help is greatly appreciated!!

-McDougal

A:Dell Photo AIO 924 Printer

Go here Operating System Compatibility with Dell? Printers | Dell there are instructions for Windows 7 installation as well, best of luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/85396-dell-photo-aio-924-printer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Are there any good quality ink alternatives for Dell Printers - Dell says you can only buy ink from them.

I have a Dell 924 that uses Black J5566 and Color J 5567

thanks
carl

A:Dell Printer Ink Alternatives

"good quality" and "alternatives" are mutually exclusive really. It takes years for the alterrnative makers to reproduce the original ink properly, so unless your Dell printer is from 2000-2002 (that is impossible too), then there is no good quality alternative ink.

Dell printers are really Lexmarks and I have heard that you can modify Lexmark cartridges to work in Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-printer-ink-alternatives.46085/
Relevancy 41.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1470 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147793 MB, Free - 119005 MB; F: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 463130 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0HK980
Antivirus: none trying to redownload printer program for dell photo all in one printer but keep getting error message o i unstall it first

Relevancy 41.71%

Are there any good quality ink alternatives for Dell Printers - Dell says you can only buy ink from them.

I have a Dell 924 that uses Black J5566 and Color J 5567

thanks
carl

Relevancy 41.71%

FIRST CARTRIDGE CHANGE ON NEW MACHINE...... Replaced the color cartridge with Dell's brand, shows full ink supply and works fine. Got 3 different black cartridges from outside vendor, all said "low ink" when installed. I've used the ink vendor for years on another printer, they were reliable. Have sent for Dell cartridge in black, probably solve the problem. My guess is Dell has this operation gimmicked so only their cartridges show proper operation. If I am right does anyone know a bypass plan? An outside ink vendor that has the cartridge problem licked? I don't like to be put upon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ink-prob-dell-all-in-one-printer.645604/
Relevancy 41.71%

Does anyone else have a problem with their Dell Photo printer giving the error message that states that it is out of paper? My wife can put a brand new cartridge of photo paper into it and it will often state it is out of paper. Any ideas out there???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-540-photo-printer.587221/
Relevancy 41.71%

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the following process does dlbcserv.exe It is related to a Dell printer but is it required to run at startup?
Online search shed little light on the subject! I would like to stop it from running automatically if there is no requirement for it. (Hav'nt tried it in case it affects printer functionality)
PS: Dell support forums didn't even acknowledge the query

Thx in advance

A:Dell printer process

dlbcserv.exe is a process installed alongside Dell Photo Printers and provides additional configuration options for these devices. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-process.455445/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've got a dell AIO 810 printer and just recently when I want to print anything out it stalls, and doesn't print until the computer is restarted and then only half of it is printed, any pointers would be helpful!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-810-printer-delay.938275/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Dell All in one printer A920.
When I print I get:
The printer is designed to work with USB cables only.
The current software setting is not set to a USB port.

I've checked the USB cables, and everything.
What should I do?

A:Dell printer not working.

This is the support and software site for the Dell A920 All-In-One:

http://support.dell.com/support/top...t_central?~ck=ln&c=us&cs=19&l=en&lnki=0&s=dhs

Keep it in your browser favorites/bookmarks list for future reference.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Has this printer ever worked with your computer?

Did you install the software and drivers for it and follow the instructions for obtaining a successful connection?

Is your computer using ME or XP? Your computer specs says "Windows ME with XP". There's no such version. It's either using ME or using XP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-not-working.776523/
Relevancy 41.71%

hey,
i own a Dell All-in-One A920 printer and am looking to replace its ink cartridges. However, ordering them straight from Dell is kind of an expensive venture so I was wondering if there are any compatible ink cartridges out there that I can use with this machine. I'm fairly certain the Dell A920 is the equivalent of a Lexmark machine; so can I buy a certain Lexmark cartridge to work in this printer? Any help is greatly appreciated!

- giggsy

A:Dell Printer Ink Cartridges

The problem with using Lexmark printer inks, is knowing exactly which printer cartridge would fit your Dell. Doing this can also render your printer junk, as in it not printing. If you are not worried about using off brand inks, check through Google for inks that aren't Dell branded but are equivalent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-ink-cartridges.469059/
Relevancy 41.71%

From the time the ink is at about a 50% level every time we try to print we get an interactive message that the ink is low and an opportunity to reorder ink from Dell no matter how much we have ordered in the past. This constant interruption is an IRRITATING aspect of the otherwise pretty favorable Dell experience. There must be a way to get rid of these constant error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-all-in-one-926-printer-low-ink-message.650335/
Relevancy 41.71%

I tried to print the Welcome Guide and only the first one third of page one printed. Even though the top right corner said "Page 1 of 4, only the first page came out. This happens very often.

Relevancy 41.71%

Ive been on the net to DELL (Speak India) a dozen times for this problem. The page prints too close to the LEFT side of the paper, so much in fact that at least 2-3 characters from each line of type is missing the entire length of the page.
If you click on file/page setup, both the left and right margins are set at .25 inches.
Any thoughts --anybody?
Thanks

A:DELL 966 Printer Problem

The Dell printer is a rebranded Lexmark, so search on Google for the same issue for a Lexmark as well.

Dell do not make printers, they rebrand other makers ones, usually Lexmark.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-966-printer-problem.549927/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am not sure which is causing the problem, Vista or Dell, so will be posting in both places.

I am running my design program and printing books which have lots of text.

When I try to print and tell the printer to "duplex and flip on long edge" the printer prints the book's text with a red blur behind each and every letter.

I have spent half the day screaming at my program, the printer and Vista....lol.

Can anyone help?

Thanks .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-vista-and-or-my-dell-printer.910056/
Relevancy 41.71%

HI Guys I am having an issue with said printer and would be extremely grateful for any help at all having just installed Win on my Mum's computer i am Dell problems printer 924 having a problem getting this printer to print it scans and copies as it should it just wont print the printer is in good working order and was working fine on the previous XP installation The PC is a dell dimension with an Intel pentium CPU GHz GB RAM Dell Photo AIO Printer and Windows x Dell 924 printer problems Build After the installation i downloaded and installed updates including the dell drivers which showed in win update during the updating one the dell drivers dell inkjet drivers failed the imaging driver installed without issue i have tried the vista drivers everything Dell 924 printer problems appears to have installed the printer is set as default printer and scans ok but when i go to print i receive the error message - could not start printer please check printer configuration the printer has been configured though I am about to re-install and not choose automatic updates and install the vista drivers on the fresh install as i am wondering Dell 924 printer problems if the vista drivers would not install because of corrupted files from the failed windows update install I am only visiting at my Mum's and actually leave tomorrow morning and really dont want to leave her with no printer as it will be some time before I am back here Anyone any ideas Thanks

A:Dell 924 printer problems

Hi Fabio and welcome to the forum!

The issue of the Dell Photo AIO 924 Printer has also been prevalent in Vista

I've checked the downloads available for your printer in Dell support and it shows 4 available vista downloads, I'd suggest to give those a spin, the drivers and the patch.

Tip: After trying to install the drivers normally and it still fails, you could try installing them in Vista compatibility mode.

Now if all else fails, you could try this - Windows 7 driver solution

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/4578-dell-924-printer-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to get my dell A940 printer to work with our new ibuy power computer with no luck.HELP,kid needs school project by tomorrow!

A:installing dell printer

Assuming the "ibuy power" computer has Vista installed, have you downloaded and installed the Vista drivers for the dell A940 ??

You need to give more details, such as the Windows version (98, XP, Vista etc)

For Vista drivers check here:
http://www.softwaredriverdownload.com/dell_a940_vista_driver.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-dell-printer.763404/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a dell printer about 1 year old barely used.
The ink levels are fine but when I try to print something the paper goes through and comes out blank (as if there is no ink)

any ideas on what I can do to fix? I'm hesitant to just buy ink as it says the ink is 3/4 full and it is still not printing by both black and white and color.

any ideas?

A:dell printer not printing

Take out all Ink Cartridges and Reseat them.

Then go to your Software Maintenance Area and do

Print Head Alignment
Cleaning
Deep Cleaning
Nozzle Check...ect...ect....

Print test page....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-not-printing.520586/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm new to the forum, so be gentle.

I found an ink refill kit (never been a fan, but thought I'd give 'em another go after the last purchase of about 10 years ago) at Costco for $20. In that I hate spending $34 for the Dell cartridges, figured to give it a try.

All works beautifully except that, upon refilling the cartridges, the printer doesn't relay to my Dell PC that it's got a full cartridge. I'm guessing the "reset" function is somewhere in the system settings, but can't find it.

Does anyone know how to reset the "new ink cartridge" on this thing? I love the computers (I've got 4 Dell PC's and 2 of their Inspiron laptops), but their proprietary B/S is a complete scam.

A:Dell 964 Printer refills

You will always have trouble unless you use the official Dell ink cartridges sold by Dell. They use some tricks, including possible chemical differences to make it impossible to comfortably use these refills you have made.
Of course it is a scam. When a heavy user has a Dell printer, he can easily spend $2000 in ink before the printer fails.
The Dell printer is merely a LexMark printer with a special ink cartridge that requires you to buy from Dell.
Give away the printer, and buy a Canon, HP, Samsung, Fujitsu, or Brother if you want fairness... but do not get an all in one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-964-printer-refills.75599/
Relevancy 41.71%

Here are the complete specification details and all reviews about Dell 720 at Dell 720

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-720-printer-review.591917/
Relevancy 41.71%

I downloaded and installed the drivers for the 720 printer from Dell. Windows 7 shows it as ready to roll. It is even designated the default printer. When I try to print I get the "Unable to communicate" error. I've restarted, unplugged and replugged but to no avail. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jack

A:Dell 720 Printer Problems

Did you first run the install program and ONLY physically connect the unit when the install program told you? If not that could be the problem.

"pudgyone" on the Dell users forum is very knowledgeable and helpful with printer problems. Repost on the Dell users forum Peripheral section and he can get you straightened out. Home - Dell Community

You will have to register to post on the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/142720-dell-720-printer-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Started having problems when Scanning and Copying on this printer.
Only one side of the object gets scanned or copied, the other side comes out black. There's nothing jamming the paper feeder and nothing left lying on the scanning glass.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Relevancy 41.71%

Our office uses a DELL 3110 Laser printer. I am trying to print using the MPF tray. The document is printing using the B5 size. It will only print out 3 copies at a time and then I have to reinsert the paper to continue my printing. Is there anyway to print more copies? I am working on a project of 2000 copies. I dont have the time to reinsert the paper every 3 copies. HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-3110-printer.1044370/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Dell aio printer A920 that I used previously with a HP comuter w/windows xp. I now have a new Dell inspiron w/ windows vista. My printer works but my aio doesnot copy or scan. Does anyone have any solutions. Thanks.

A:Dell AIO PRINTER problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaGirl326

I have a Dell aio printer A920 that I used previously with a HP comuter w/windows xp. I now have a new Dell inspiron w/ windows vista. My printer works but my aio doesnot copy or scan. Does anyone have any solutions. Thanks.

Hello Dorothy,
Here is the problem. You plugged the printer in without first installing the USB drivers and program. get all the Vista updates especially .net framework and Java.
copy and paste the links beginning with HTTP
Unplug the printer and uninstall the printer drivers by running this patch: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=224504

Reboot your computer to complete the uninstallation Procedure
Without plugging in the printer, install the drivers, they can be found here: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=203947

The program will prompt you to plug in printer.

Glad to see you Dorothy
Eric R. Green (class of 1975 APHS)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-aio-printer-problems-339695.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have 10 dell #22 cartridges and my printer (v313w) died. I am looking for a list of printers I can buy, using these cartridges. My printer is wireless and cannot communicate with my computer anymore. This applies to both of my Dell Laptops. Any help would be great. Either with a list or a fix for the problem. Tried the dell fix and did not work. Seems to be a printer problem rather than a computer one because printer will not communicate with either laptop. Also defaults to usb rather than wireless.

A:Dell v313w printer

for some strange reason the printer corrected itself, Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182089-dell-v313w-printer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hope I am on the right forum. I have a Dell 926 printer. I replaced the color cartridge the printer went into its "printing alignment" mode. I received the following error message; "Alignment problem, remove tape from cartridges or check trouble shooting. There isn't any tape on the cartridges. I took the color cartridge back to the store and received a new color cartridge only to have the same problem. My black ink cartridge will be empty as will the color cartridge if this problem is not resolved soon. The trouble shooting doesn't help at all.

Please help.

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-926-printer-alignment.926780/
Relevancy 41.71%

Does anyone have a list of Dell equivalent printers or know of a site that has the equivalents? Katun.com has a partial list, but I am looking for a complete list (if there is such a thing). I am specifically looking for the equivalent of the Dell 946 all-in-one printer. Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Dell Printer Equivalents

Forget about Dell printers, they are cheap heaps of crap, that EAT ink.
Their junk is made by Lexmark (owned by Dell), which sells under its own name as well.
If you want a nice all-in-one, look at these models of Canon:
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/computers/multifunction-printer-reviews/index.html

When buying a unit like this, most people overlook the cost of ink (horrendously expensive from Dell/Lexmark).
Many HP and Dell/Lexmark units come with 1 black and 1 multi-colour cartridge. You need to look for individual colour cartridges, and also check the price of these cartridges.
In this respect it's very hard to beat the Canon prices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-printer-equivalents.64782/
Relevancy 41.71%

My printer keeps saying that black injet cartige is low or missing - the cartrige is brand new, any suggestions on how I can fix it? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-photo-aio-printer-966.988330/
Relevancy 41.71%

This may be in the wrong thread so feel free to move it.
I have a Dell A920 printer. When I go to print there are white lines through the text and when trying to print thin black text a yellow line prints instead. I thought it was that my ink cartridge was messed up so I got two new ones( black and color) and I keep having the same problem. Ive done all the troubleshoot cartridge things the printer tells you to do so I'm not sure if its the printer itself thats the problem
Thanks!

A:Dell printer problems

Either the printer electronics or the print head is faulty, in my view.

You could eliminate the printer driver software on the PC by doing a printer self test (the manual will tell what buttons to press)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-problems.682891/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm having trouble finding a Win7 driver for this printer, the printer is about 6yrs old and the latest driver I can find is the Dell 1.0.0.0 21/08/2006 and this doesn't seem to work. I can see the printer listed in Devices and Printers, but it cannot print a test page or anything else. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried the usuall unplug and replug, restart etc, have tried reinstalling the driver but to no avail, even tho it says the device installed correctly. Operatiing system is Win7 Premium X64.

A:Dell Photo AIO Printer 922

Here you go: Drivers and Downloads

Those are the 64-bit Vista drivers, but they should work for Win7 too.

Good luck!
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64089-dell-photo-aio-printer-922-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1470 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147793 MB, Free - 115525 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0HK980
Antivirus: None norton printer quit printing so i unstalled and tryed to reinstall with dist did'nt work got clicking at first then ok seame to work with cd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-924-printer.1057326/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a second hand Dell AIO Printer A940. I installed it with the cd that came with it. The scanner does not work. When trouble shooting it said to go to the AIO Printer Center that I do not have. How do I find just that soft ware to install?

A:Dell AIO printer problem

Here is the Dell support and software site for the Dell A940 All-In-One.

Are you using Windows 2000, XP, or Vista? That unit appears to be 6+ years old and was designed for Windows 2000 and XP.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-printer-problem.845204/