Windows Support Forum

Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Q: Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to Boot Monitors, Now Won't Unplugged Computer shut it off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it s back to the previous two problems now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot.1054619/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 90.3%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead [SOLVED] Monitors, Computer Unplugged Boot Now Won't the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to shut it [SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it's back to the previous two problems now

A:[SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Was the PC on when you unplugged the replugged the monitors?
If so not a good idea as you now know.

Have a look in device manager for any yellow or red call outs.

To open "Device Manager", Hit Start type/paste device manager in the search box and hit enter in Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks/Red callouts, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot-647307.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have not had a problem with this until now as I have started to have booting errors. If a boot error occurs I have to turn off my PC. When it's turned off it won't turn on unless I keep it unplugged pretty much overnight. When the computer is on it works completely fine. If any one has any ways I can solve this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:My computer won't turn on unless I have it unplugged for at least 10 hours before I can boot it up

Replace the power supply if the computer is a desktop computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on-unless-i-have-it-unplugged-for-at-least-10-hours-before-i-can-boot-it-up.207336/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am really worried about my computer. It booted normally this morning but then my cat ran past my feet and ended up unplugging it. I tried to turn it back on but no luck. Tried again 5 minutes later and still nothing. Decided to turn it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then it finally booted up. It's slow, but works. What should I check for? Any ideas how to fix this? I'm afraid to turn it off again.

A:Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

The most likely thing that happened was that the BIOS/UEFI reset itself to defaults. Some of those default settings could be different than the ones set before this happened.

A typical one is if the SATA mode is IDE as default but was set to AHCI to install Windows. But that change usually results in a bluescreen error. Do you know what your preferred BIOS setting were?

Also, System Specs would be nice. Just whether this is a laptop or desktop can make a difference.

In any event you will need to check and see if all is OK at some point. You will most likely need to restart to make any changes anyway.
Start by backing up your data, finishing any important work, and then restarting the PC from Windows Start Menu. If it restarts normally then shut it down and then start it back up.

I'm guessing you will be fine. If any hardware was damaged it can be replaced, but you've got to take the plunge at some point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364330-computer-almost-doesnt-boot-after-suddenly-being-unplugged-help.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Desktop Computer Won't Boot Up, Monitors are off, but Power light is on

Guys, this is what has happened.

(1) A few times, when I get home from work, my computer had unexpectedly turned itself off
(2) After pushing the ON button, the light turns on, but it doesn't BEEP and doesn't boot up
(3) The monitors are blank
(4) The fans are on

I've tried taking out all the components and wires and putting them back in, but nothing is doing the trick. The funny thing is that this has happened many times recently, but when I turn the computer on, it's fine. Now, this time, it just won't boot up, even though the power is on. My computer was behaving normally prior to this event.

I have an Acer AM5630-U5209A with upgraded 600mw power supply.

Thanks a lot for any help guys,
Josh

A:Desktop Computer Won't Boot Up, Monitors are off, but Power light is on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-computer-wont-boot-up-monitors-are-off-but-power-light-is-on.938461/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I was on my computer earlier today with a game running when the computer froze for the span of several minutes then went to BSOD and gave a courtesy reboot As it was booting up there was some patterned graphic distortion pixels lit white when they should be black On subsequent startup screens this same type of distortion became worse though with other color pixels Once Windows finished its startup process the video input to both monitors was lost This was repeated on multiple startups I have tried starting up in except disabled on (BSOD) crash Computer in mode monitors Video both restart. safe by boot upon followed is safe mode which works fine as well as system restore which did not seem to accomplish anything This issue does not appear to be in any way related to the Computer crash (BSOD) followed by restart. Video is disabled upon boot on both monitors except in safe mode game referenced above as I have been running that with some regularity for the last month or two without issue and there is no indication that others running the game have had any issue I have copied and pasted a HijackThis log below I hope that I have included the necessary information here Please let me know if there is anything that I have missed Thank you very much for your assistance Please note the log is based on a run from safe mode I do not know if this impacts the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Justin LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for Autoruns zip autoruns exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE HURW EB HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www alienware com Mothership Comp AWC amp SysCode PC-AURORA- -R amp ai E D F D F D R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Progr... Read more

A:Computer crash (BSOD) followed by restart. Video is disabled upon boot on both monitors except in safe mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logRegards,Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363207/computer-crash-bsod-followed-by-restart-video-is-disabled-upon-boot-on-both-monitors-except-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I ve got a weird problem and I boot unplugged for unless Won't mins 30 m not sure quite what could be causing it or how to fix it My computer runs perfectly while it s powered on I have no problems there It s when my computer gets turned off Whether it be from myself turning it off or the power going out anything that stops the computer from running I have a problem turning it back on I hit the power button and NOTHING happens I have tried hitting it the power button multiple times but to no avail I have opened my computer countless times to check if anything has wiggled loose or whathave you but Won't boot unless unplugged for 30 mins nothing seems out of place or loose or anything The ONLY way I can get my computer to turn on is flip the master power switch in the back unplug it from the wall and leave it for minutes When I come back I plug the power cord back in Won't boot unless unplugged for 30 mins flip the master power switch ON and hit the power button and everything boots up fine as if nothing ever happened I could really use your guys help this has been bugging me for quite a while now Thanks in advance for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Won't boot unless unplugged for 30 mins

The ONLY way I can get my computer to turn on, is flip the master power switch in the back, unplug it from the wall, and leave it for 30+ minutesClick to expand...

Try power cord out
Push the ON button in for 30secs
Put the power cord back in
Turn on

Also this sounds like a faulty Power Supply
But you might want to blow out all internal dust (including inside the power supply by high preasue air)

Reseat the Ram, and even try Memtest for 7 Passes
It is also possible, that something (usually USB device) connected to your computer is causing this HardWare issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-boot-unless-unplugged-for-30-mins.105332/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday I made some changes to my system by canceling programs that load at startup Musicmatch and AOL help. Won't Laptop up. boot unplugged. Pls. A dialog box popped up asking me to restart now Laptop unplugged. Won't boot up. Pls. help. or restart later I hit restart later I left the laptop on while I went to work When I got back hours later I accidentally unplugged the computer without shutting down first Now when I start up I m offered a variety of ways to boot including Last Known Good Configuration Start Windows Normally and multiple Safe Mode options I ve tried each of these options multiple times and just when I think it s going to successfully boot it reverts back to the Compaq start-up screen and goes through the process again Can anybody help me I ve had something similar happen to me before and I ended up having to salvage my laptop HDD data by hooking it up to my desktop as a slave drive Then I had to put the laptop drive back in my laptop and re-install Windows I hope somebody has a solution that will prevent me from having to go through all that again My specs Compaq Armada M Pentium III MH mb ram Windows XP Home nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everybody Here's what happened My system was running Win XP Pro bit in C I desired to upgrade to Win Pro Unplugged? Disaster - XP/7 Boot Dual bit Everything checked out fine using Windows Advisor and I backed up my files using the Windows Easy Transfer tool I XP/7 Dual Boot Disaster - Unplugged? booted the system from the Win Pro bit disk and proceeded with the install For some reason Win got hung up wanting Drivers I loaded every driver I could get my hands on - still no success So I attempted to boot normally back into Win XP Pro bit and alas the Boot Manager was missing I figured I'm one step away from owning a brick Here's what I did sorry I booted from my XP Pro bit disk and installed it onto my D drive I figured I would be able to load the DVD drivers to keep them active for a clean install of Win Pro bit after a newly formatted C drive So far so good Then I reformatted my C drive and performed a clean install of Win Pro bit Sweet almost Upon reboot I now have a dual boot system But I don't want that Here's what I got Gigabyte GA- GA-UD H Rev AMD Phenom II x Watt PSU Seasonic X Gold C WD VelociRaptor Gig D WD Caviar Blue Gig F WD Caviar Blue Gig Gigs DDR RAM Lite-On IHAS- - R x Drive Status Disk - C Simple Basic NTFS - Healthy Boot Page File Active Crash Dump Primary Partition Disk - D Simple Dynamic NTFS - Healthy System Disk - F Simple Dynamic NTFS - Healthy Here's what I'm trying to do I want to have Win Pro bit stay on C I want to eliminate Win XP Pro bit on D so I can format and use that drive for data and backups only I want to leave my F alone Obviously I'm not real sure about what I'm doing so I desperately need some help to walk me through this I just don't know If necessary I can reformat and reinstall Win There's not much on it right now but I'd really rather not I'd have done that already but the system won't let me I'll still have to be able to access and reformat my D Drive Now I'm thinking which is dangerous that I could disconnect the D Drive and boot from the Win disk to maybe reformat C and reinstall Win But then I wouldn't be able to reconnect the D Drive with a System on it and boot up from C in order to reformat the D Drive Something tells me this is not a good thing quot No guts no glory quot is not a confident move for me Besides if I can keep my Win intact that will save me lots of time reloading and reconfigurating to get back to where I currently reside Other than that everything is running just the way it's supposed to GREAT I've been reading previous posts and solutions here to the point where I'm totally confused Can you tell I need some serious help with this guys if you don't mind Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you might venture to offer If you think I need to just shoot myself don't be shy Have the courage to tell me so I'll probably take your advice at this point Sager

A:XP/7 Dual Boot Disaster - Unplugged?

If you want to save your current Win7 install, please post back a screenshot of your full maximized Disk Management drive map with listings, using Snipping Tool in Start Menu.

Because you left all the HD's connected there could be multiple complications besides the unwanted Dual Boot. We can help you remove the Dual Boot and make any other necessary changes.

Frankly to get the cleanest install you should unplug all other HD's and wipe the target HD first, as formatting erases nothing and can leave infected or corrupt code on the HD. SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

But if you want to test performance on the current install after extricating the Dual Boot and any other issues, post back the screenshot and we will give you the steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/150414-xp-7-dual-boot-disaster-unplugged.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All,

I am using a custom built PC with retail bought Win XP SP2 installed.

The PC is about 3 months old now and has run perfectly so far with 2 hard drives and 1 install of XP on the master drive (S-ATA).

I redecorated the house and this resulted in the PC being unplugged for about 2 weeks. Havin just plugged it back in and tried to start it, I am getting through the POST stage and then I just get a blank screen with a flashing line at the top left. This used to happen with boot up but disappeared after about five seconds. This one just stays flshing forever.

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice for me. If I haven't given any required details please ask and I will post them ASAP.

Many thanks in advance for all your help

Edd

Relevancy 49.02%

So basically I unplugged it from the socket because I needed to rearrange chords for space and once I replugged it in, it just simply does not boot or power on. The green light on the motherboard is on and I didn't turn off the PC when I unplugged it. Did I fry the PSU? Really need some help.

Thanks

A:Brand new pc wont boot or power on after I unplugged it

Something you might overlook. There's a switch on the PSU. Did you accidentally switch it off ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66640-brand-new-pc-wont-boot-power-after-i-unplugged.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok these two problems don t happen together but I was trying to condense into one thread problem It device...& Win2000, Unplugged Two boot slow problems, up very takes my poor little laptop over minutes to fully boot up i need to figure out what Two problems, Win2000, Unplugged device...& very slow boot up is slowing the Two problems, Win2000, Unplugged device...& very slow boot up process down and get rid of it any suggestions where to start It was booting within about a minute or two back before christmas but i had loads of problems with drivers updates missing stuff adding stuff spyware viruses etc any one or all of these could still be causing problems i m sure i m at odds as to what to do to make it boot up faster because now it seems to be running correctly finally and i don t want to screw it up again sigh problem i will be merrily typing along or surfing the internet and this box pops up and says that i have unplugged or ejected a device without stopping it etc etc etc it is my cd-rom but i m not even using it and i hardly have been using it at all in the past couple of weeks can someone tell me whats up with that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-problems-win2000-unplugged-device-very-slow-boot-up.316435/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I have a new PC with a SSD and other drives Using a P P LE motherboard by ASUS I have had two black screens in a period of a month that pretty much say quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device quot I noticed when I went into BIOS that my SSD was kicked out of the boot priority and replaced with one of my WD HDD So I put it back and Unplugged Controller device / Boot Select Reboot Marvell proper I restarted my computer a few times to see if it kept the settings and when Windows loaded I got quot Driver Software Installation - Device driver software was not successfully installed Marvell xx SATA G Controller - Device unplugged quot I restarted again and that didn't appear actually I have restarted many times and I have only seen that once I opened Device Manager and it's fine The computer has been running great I always boot into Windows and the black screen has never happened while I have been using the computer only when I wake up and move the mouse to find it I have attached images Is it possible that the connection Marvell Controller Unplugged / Reboot and Select proper Boot device to the SSD is loose Not sure any help will be appreciated

A:Marvell Controller Unplugged / Reboot and Select proper Boot device

hi just mike ;quester12 here. I have 1 question ? are all 8 sata ports being used thats the 3.0gb sata ports . the other blue ones are for 6.0gb ports and are jmicron controller ports . I believe a simple test would be to attach your boot drive on the 3.0gb sata controller and see if it works.

I own the exact same motherboard . don't forget to reset your cmos and reset your system clock . it will help to clear up the bios and make it a clean slate .

I hope this helps

quester12

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190136-marvell-controller-unplugged-reboot-select-proper-boot-device.html
Relevancy 47.3%

By Accident I Unplugged My Computer while it was on and now i am worried that my movie files will be corrupted...they seem to play fine...but i am still worried....please could somebody please help by telling me if any of my files will become damaged...thank you

A:By Accident I Unplugged My Computer While It Was On

Unless the files were open and being played or saved at the time of the power loss, there should be no damage.

But remember that power can do out at any time and hard disks die without warning (quite often, these days), so all your important data must be backed up. Since you are so worried it would suggest you have no backup plan. Maybe time to get one?

As an example I backup all new data every day, to a second and totally separate hard drive, then all data to DVD every week. Every DVD is "verified" to ensure that no files are corrupt in the copy process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/by-accident-i-unplugged-my-computer-while-it-was-on.473623/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I really need some help with this one AS MUCH AS I CAN GET I tried to contact acer support but as for me because i have no warranty on the machine they will not do anything to help me but to tell me unplugged will +MORE until not shut Computer down to look on their forums Which i have Problem Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE - The computer itself will not shut off If i unplug it and leave it and let everything stop I let it sit for a week i am sure there is no power in it Now If When i plug the computer back in I do not have to push the power button for it to turn on it just turns on as soon as the power source Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE is connected Problem - After the computer boots it will not connect to any monitor Nor will it show me anything on any monitor i dont even think the OS is booting properly Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE in that case i would have to take it to geek squad and let them look at it since i bought ir form bestbuy No warranty though so i would have to pay for it Problem - I have been looking for weeks If anyone knows anything at all it would much appreciated i am tired of not being able to play video games cuz of this not so fast laptop Computer specs From what i know and have installed - AMD Phenom quad core processor - Nvidia Gforce gtx graphics card - gb sata HD - gb ram Model - Acer AM for Original specs that came with the machine Not my computer this is the one i bought at first nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I was playing Eve Online when my computer got unplugged. Now when I try to run eve, I crash. I'm also having trouble with other programs, and can't install some of my drivers.

Any thoughts on what may cause something like this?

Thanks,

A:Computer unplugged now crashing

First guess would be file corruption from the machine being shut off while in use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-unplugged-now-crashing-558390.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I accidently turned the power switch off! Now all I'm getting is the main screen with no icons. I have a Dell Deminsion E310 and WindowsXP.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron with factory installed Win 7 Home Premium. I have several WD External USB hard drives that worked well on my old XP laptop.

Two things cause the problems in the title: I will be transferring files and it will just stop and suddenly the drive is no longer working. I can still see it in my computer, but none of the files are accessible. Eventually (randomly) the drives disappear from my computer. The second way it happens is if I manually unplug the drive, it will still show up in my computer. Also, like I said, eventually they do disappear.

But then, I cannot get them to be recognized if I plug them back in, unless I reboot.

Is this a Win 7 bug with WD drives? I don't remember this much trouble with XP.

A:USB drives are unplugged, but still in My Computer for a while

No answer to this? I am still having this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255842-usb-drives-unplugged-but-still-my-computer-while.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I was cleaning my office and moving my office around yesterday. I unplugged the computer and disconnected all peripherals in order to move it to the other side of the room. Once everything was in place in the new location, I connected everything and then plugged in the computer. the fan came on, leds show up on my ethernet port, but the computer won't turn on. I press the on button and get nothing, the fan continues to turn, and only turns off if I unplug the machine... is this a PSU problem?

I have already purchased a new and improved computer, but need to access my old one for contact information, legal documents, and website addresses that I can't afford to lose.

I am considering bringing it in for service but thought if the suggestion is that the PSU is bad then I might just switch that out myself.

please advise.

A:Unplugged and Moved Computer, Now it will not turn on

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just try starting the computer with just the mains cable and monitor attached.

The reason I say that, is because not so very long ago, I had the same problem.

It turned out that the din connector to my tv card was shorting out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unplugged-and-moved-computer-now-it-will-not-turn-on.45507/
Relevancy 46.87%

Earlier today I was surfing the internet when my computer suddenly made 2 beeps. Over the course of the next hour it continued making the same 2 beeps at intervals of approximately 5-10 minutes. I decided to turn off the computer and unplug it and, whilst waiting to plug it back in, I was surprised to hear the computer make the same two beeps! I carried on waiting and the computer continued to make the same 2 beeps every 5-10 minutes despite being disconnected from the mains.

At present the computer is still doing the 2 beeps every 5-10 mins regardless of whether it is on, off or unplugged. I'm not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but i'm guessing its the motherboard?

Can anyone offer any help as to what is causing the beeps and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

I mistakenly unplugged my computer while working on it. Now, I cannot find my hard drive. How can I get everything back?

A:Unplugged computer/hard drive gone

HELP! computer was unplugged while being logged on and doing work. now my hard drive has disappeared. What can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugged-computer-hard-drive-gone-562704.html
Relevancy 46.87%

please help i ll give you the short version then the long I was now detect unplugged wireless won't Computer don t know anything about computers and spendd days online hooking up computers and one ipod to my wireless router this computer was working fine but my mom unplugged the computer computer to paint the wall When we plugged it back in it does Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless not recogize the wireless network i had this problem before and fixed it but that was weeks ago and i have no idea what i did to fix it i have an LAN line running the length of our house from the router to computer and that is how i am able to get online long version Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless this particular computer was onced hooked Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless up to a regular router as another computer computer was i lost my job and moved home bringing my laptop computer ipod touch and wireless router i connected my wireless router to the original router using an ethernet i followed a few tutorials on how to change dchp to static i ethernetted my computer computer to the wireless router and it recognized the wireless network i unplugged it and it worked i did the same thing for my mom s computer computer For what ever reason computer was such a headache and harder to get the wireless to be recognized but i figured it out well today computer was unplugged and now it doesn t recognize the wireless router again All the other systems do i m afraid to reset the router because i dont want the other computers to go down if the router resets to factory it took me days to figure out how to get this far anyway i know the problem is this computer since the other systems recongize the wireless just fine any advice this computer is an hp smart touch vista the router is a wireless linksys any help would be greatly appreciated as my mom wants this blue cord gone also the original router is still hooked up because i was afraid to disconnect everything and just use the wireless lastly this computer says that another computer is using the same ip address well it s the same address on all the other computers so i don t know why this one cares so much thanks and hopefully this makes sense nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I too had a problem when we re-modeled the computer room I simply unplugged the power and to computer Unplugged can't Internet connect now supply and left all other cables intact Since we don t usually use the PC Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet that the router and modem are attached to rather we use our laptops I simply re-plugged everything into a portable power strip and we did fine for the week that the room was disassembled When I moved the PC back into the room I simply plugged in the power Nothing No internet to the PC no wireless I have tried resetting all boxes changing out ethernet cables uninstalling the router and reinstalling calling AT amp T short of their service call which I refuse and being mindful of switching the modem from PPOE to bridged I finally bought a new router which was stupid I ve never heard of a router going bad and even that didn t help when I had this problem last year it ended being the modem and once they replaced it I didn t have any other problems until now My modem works fine as long as it s hardwired into the PC Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I ve never had this problem with any other service provider besides at amp t I m so over it nbsp

A:Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-computer-and-now-cant-connect-to-internet.909141/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Just building a new system today, its running a i7 930, anyway if I have the processor plugged in all the fans start and lights come on, but the fan are not at full speed and then I get continuous short beeps. If I unplug the processor all the fans run at full speed and I get no beep. I have already swapped out the PSU with a known working PSU and still got the same result. Any suggestions?

A:Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

I believe that, in order for anyone to be able to help, they need to know a few more things.
At the very least , which Motherboard or which BIOS does your MOBO have?
To quote from the website pcapprentice,"Computer beep codes run in a sequence and need to be identified as such. Whether they
are long or short beeps you have to determine where the sequence ends and the next begins. While the
sequence is continuous there is a slight pause between the series of computer beep codes"
You can buy a POST Diagnostics Card to get a readout, if you can't determine the number of beeps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158065&Tpk=bios post card
It might also be helpful to know what else is connected to the MOBO--graphics card, RAM, etc.?
With luck, it could be something really simple, like you don't have a GPU plugged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-continuously-unless-cpu-is-unplugged.145276/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, i got ATT internet a few months ago, and ever since I've had it my wifi, which is connected by Ethernet cable, will go out, like the wifi is still on, but my computer will show that my Ethernet cable is not connected to my computer when in reality it is connected, I've tried multiple cables and the problem still happens, but for my brother, the problem never happens to him on his computer. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this problem, it is very annoying when I'm on the internet and I will get dc'd from everything I'm doing due to this problem, it usually shows that the Ethernet cable isn't plugged in for about 10 seconds and then it re-realizes that it is plugged in. This happens around once every 30 minutes.

A:Computer showing Ethernet Cable Unplugged When it really is not.

First thing would be to check that you have the most up to date drivers for your lan connection. Typically you go to the manufactures website and look up your model and check to see if they have new drivers available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-showing-ethernet-cable-unplugged-when-it-really-is-not.1135793/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
my computer, hp dv3 2221-tx, freezes whenever i plug or unplug the power. its the first time i came across with this kind of situation.

and i guess my charger is working fine, because when i had win7 Home in same laptop, i never came across this kind of situation.

thanks in advance,
with best regards,

A:Computer freezes when charger is plugged or unplugged.

Hi,

is this happening only after you upgraded to windows 7? if so maby have a look at the manufaturers website for a power utility maby? Also i'd recommend checking your charger with a multimeter to check its giving the correct output.

It sounds more like hardware rather than a software issue but checkout what I said first n let me know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-when-charger-is-plugged-or-unplugged-603878.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently bought a used computer from our school that runs xp service pack I have a computer set up in my living room that is unplugged/used cable A added is computer network running xp service pack and that is the computer that is set up with the wireless router I also have two laptops bought new that I occasionally run off of the wireless router with no problems one laptop is xp one is vista Well this computer we bought from the school was brought home and turned on I thought it would pick up on the wireless connection with no problem they said it was wireless at the school but all I am getting is quot a network cable is unplugged quot I ran the internet connection wizard not sure if I was supposed to do that or not but either way it didn't help I A network cable is unplugged/used computer added still get the same message Can someone point me in the right direction I did a search for my problem but as soon as I type in a network cable is unplugged you can just imagine all of the goodies that pops up and nothing seems to be what I need Thanks Lisa

A:A network cable is unplugged/used computer added

Hi Lisa and welcome to TSF !

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Expand network adapters and give us the names of all the devices you see there. If there's some kind of warning sign next to one of the network adapters then tell us about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-used-computer-added-191793.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

A:Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-if-it-is-unplugged-for-some-time.150169/
Relevancy 46.01%

As the title says, while i was away my PC had a BSOD, and my computer illiterate mom unplugged the PC

A:My PC BSOD while I was away, computer illiterate mother unplugged PC

Lighten up on your Mom, you only have one.

As for your crash,

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
Looks like you need to do some tests on your hard drive.

Please perform the following tests,

chkdsk /r

SeaTools for DOS and Windows

This is a good idea as well,

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336722-my-pc-bsod-while-i-away-computer-illiterate-mother-unplugged-pc.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have 2 computers networked together and it has been working fine for years but today all of a sudden the second computer pops up with "network cable is unplugged". I looked at the network cable and it is plugged in but both lights are not on. The internet on my PC works fine so im guessing the network card on the 2nd computer went bad? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

A:Network cable unplugged on 2nd computer, no lights on

just replace it they are only a few dollars

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-on-2nd-computer-no-lights-on-52624.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok we get internet through a wireless tower that beams it to an antenna on top of the house and it eventually ends up as one ethernet cord in the basement That may or may not be irrelevant Anyway I plug that cord into a router LINKSYS BEFSR it s a couple years old but it has always worked fine and set up a LAN with the main computer being an HP pavilion a w w win XP SP media center There isn t another computer connected all the time but I use various other machines on the network off and on PS macbook other people s computers that I m working on for whatever reason Recently we ve had several severe storms and flooding and whatnot and last night the internet suddenly quit working Solved: is computer etc unplugged, Main says cable network I assumed it Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc was the ISP until this morning when I called them and they said the problem was definitely on my end My first thought was router so I bypassed it and plugged my macbook directly into the ethernet cord from the antenna It worked and I thought I d pick up a new one when the flooding subsided and I could get into town and then everything would work fine I really need the internet on the main computer however so I did the same for it plugging it directly into the incoming internet The pavilion continued to say that the LAN was unplugged however I ve gone through every setting and troubleshooting I can think of but nothing I ve done will make the internet work on Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc the pavilion ipconfig all says media state disconnected Local area connection says network cable unplugged The light doesn t come Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc on where the ethernet cable plugs in Now I think maybe I have a network card rather than a router problem or both I don t think the main computer being down would affect the other computers on the network but I m not really sure I even switched the macbook over to windows but it still works perfectly when the router is bypassed but if I unplug the exact same cord and put it in the pavilion it won t work The network card is Realtek RTL x Family Fast ethernet NIC The driver is updated I m absolutely stumped Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello.

The audio from my computer completely went dead when I turned it on. The speaker icon shows the symbol with the 'X' on it and after clicking it and going through the troubleshooter it can detect no problem. I tried updating the drivers through the HP website, and uninstall/reinstalled them but it still doesn't work. I even tried rolling back the computer to a restore point but that didn't work either.

The speakers are built into my monitor and is connected through a normal audio jack (not HDMI). I normally use my headphones through a jack built into the front of the tower.

My computer is a hp Pavillion Elite m9400f, Windows 7 Ultimate 64X (It also has a ATI HD Radeon 5770 graphics card; but I'm not sure if it's relevant to what might be causing this problem)

Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Xavier

A:No sound from speakers or headphones, computer shows them as unplugged

You can try going to your device manager. Right click the audio device and select disable. Wait a minute, then right click again and select enable. See if this works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208820-no-sound-speakers-headphones-computer-shows-them-unplugged.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Being a Windows issue, I'll move this to the Windows forum, we don't know Windows. The Mac forum is for Apple PCs running Apple's OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-from-mac-674410.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello this technically could be combined should be posted in my other topic but this is an urgent need If you read my other topic about my monitor From Not Computer, Monitor Unplugged Signal/Input Now No Supported. tinting it is indeed my monitor not my video card not my power supply and nothing to do with the computer itself But right now my monitor is fine to use other than the tinting I will be replacing the monitor with another monitor in the VERY near future The only problem is that I tested the monitor on Windows XP and it worked fine on the computer with Windows XP the one I m writing this from except the fact that it s Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. also tinting on XP This monitor says quot Works With Windows Vista quot It s an Acer x w LCD monitor I believe it Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. s quot or something close to that I thought the monitor would have no problem from going to Vista - gt XP - gt Vista but apparently something changed in the monitor that isn t allowing my computer with Vista to use it again There are two slots on my new computer one lower and one that makes the cord attach sideways the bottom slot when attaching the monitor cord says quot Input Not Supported quot which means I m guessing this is the right slot as I do not remember which slot I originally used it on and then the other slot says quot No Signal quot I ve read on the internet about something about called quot Refresh Rate quot but I ve never used it before and have no clue how to use it If it involves interaction with the computer I cannot see the screen so it s practically impossible There is indeed a disk that came with the monitor and a manual but I see nothing in the manual about my problem I do have another monitor but I have no clue if it d work with Vista as it s from about so I have no other monitor that would work with Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot Edit When the message appears quot Input Not Supported quot I tried pressing menu auto etc the buttons on the bottom of the monitor and nothing appears Now I just read that quot LCD s don t have refresh rates They have things called Response times which is different Doesn t matter what you set your refresh rate at you won t notice a difference with an LCD monitor quot now I m totally confused with what could be the damn problem Thanks Edit The Acer website states the following solution for this exact problem for this exact monitor In Windows Vista Press the Start button select Control Panel select Appearance and Personalization select Personalization and then Display Settings Under Resolution move the slider to the desired resolution and click Apply How are we suppose to do this if we cannot see our screen This problem makes it impossible to view the screen unless you know exactly where your going without the monitor then it s impossible nbsp

A:Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported.

If its a resolution issue you need to try and boot into safe mode. Do you get anything onscreen at start up or does it go immeadiately into unsupported mode?

I've never tried to get into Vista safe mode so I don't know, is it still done by tapping the F8 key or the F5 to get the boot menu? Anyway, once booted into safe mode you will be able to see the screen and reset the resolution to a supported one if that is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitor-from-computer-now-no-signal-input-not-supported.735841/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Thanks

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes

A normal XP install on a laptop would probably require a driver update for your wireless, but since you are on a Mac, You might get a better answer if you post this in the Mac forum section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-674354.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ello
my computer :
foxconn motherboard
intel celeron 2.9 ghz
256 MB ram
running win xp
while i was working on it suddenly it shut down when i tried to turn it on again
it just went well till Winxp logo shown then a blank blue screen and it turned off again
it's always z same except if i left it for 2 or 3 hours unplugged it works well till i shut it down if i tried to turn it on again the blank blue screen appears again
that means that b4 i can work on my comp i need to unplug it for 2 hours (that sucks)
i suspect a power suply problem
can anyone help me?

A:I need help my computer wouldn't work until left unplugged for 2-3 hours

Something needs to cool off until it will work again. You could start with a PSU upgrade. When it's running (next time you get it running) have the side off and feel around from part to part (carefully) and try to find a really hot component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-my-computer-wouldnt-work-until-left-unplugged-for-2-3-hours.88785/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been having sound problems for about three days now The problem started as Switched on Windows XP Pro SP partition at that point I was dual booting with Ubuntu on start-up I got an error message saying quot Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application Sound computer from when is disappears electric unplugged supply. to work quot This was meaningless to me until I realised that there was Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply. no sound and no sound card in Device Manager gt Sound Video and Game Controllers So I googled and I found a guide on an Intel page about reinstalling the audio driver from disc I can t find that page now but it was about uninstalling the software via Add Remove Programs disabling audio in the bios and reinstalling from CD I attempted this but got an error message quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot and it wouldn t install I got mad thinking I had done something wrong with the entire Windows installation and decided to do a fresh install On fresh install from a XP Pro SP disc I switched off audio at the bios prior to the Windows Install and then installed the device drivers from the Intel DQ COE D - disc in the following order Chipset INF INF ALLOS PC Audio XP XP MCE v LAN LAN ALLOS PV Video and something else through Device Manager On attempting to install the Audio driver I got the same error message as last time quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot I then tried to install the new driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from http downloadcenter intel com Detail Desc aspx agr Y amp DwnldID amp ProdId amp lang eng amp OSVersion Windows XP Professional amp DownloadType Drivers This produced the following error message quot The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package The install was aborted quot I tried re-anabling sound in the bios and then installing and had the same error message I got annoyed with having no sound and so I installed an Audigy sound card Model SB driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver from http support creative com Products ProductDetails aspx catID amp subCatID amp prodID amp prodName Audigy amp subCatName Audigy amp CatName Sound Blaster amp VARSET prodfaq PRODFAQ VARSET CategoryID and I had sound Then when I restarted and tried the Ubuntu Live CD and there was no sound I restarted Windows and installed the Intel audio driver XP XP MCE v from disc This worked and I had sound through both the Audigy card and the onboard Intel chip Device Manager showed a Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot however I forgot to print screen it so do not have any further details When I shutdown and took the Audigy card out of the PCI slot and restarted I still had sound I then shutdown again and switched on then I had no sound The codec was no longer listed in Device Manager and Device Manager was not recognising any uninstalled devices When I attempted to re-install either of the Intel drivers I got the same error messages as they had previously given I shutdown and returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and switched on this time getting a shrill beep on any attempt to play sound I then installed the Intel driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from the website which worked this time I shutdown and removed the Audigy card I switched on and had sound I restarted and had sound I thought fixed I removed the Audigy software via Add Remove Programs However when I shutdown and removed the electric plug of the computer and restarted I once again had no sound and no sound card recognised in Device Manager I returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and when I restart the Intel driver reappears and sound works even after unplugging from the electric So to sum it all up I am confused and need help with Why won t the Intel software install unless the Audigy card is present How come the Intel software remains after... Read more

A:Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum I didn't see the AV forum.

I thought I should post the fix I have found. I've been trawling google for the various error messages and somehow happened upon this page: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-340889.html While I was not getting a "code 10" error I thought I'd try it and it worked!

This is what I did:
Removed the Audigy 2 card, switched on and went to "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM" and double clicked on suhlp.exe and selected "run anyway" when it said a disc was missing from the D:\ drive. Shutdown and switched on. It worked! I've unplugged twice and it is still working. I wonder if doing this would have solved the original error message "Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application to work"...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406205/sound-disappears-when-computer-is-unplugged-from-electric-supply/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys I m gonna get straight to the Freeze/Crash. unplugged? help. fan Computer is Weak PLEASE Because case processor? point Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. I have a custom rig I bought roughly Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. a year ago that had been built for two weeks It s still a pretty great build here are the specs I m not very great with technical stuff but Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. I can get by Windows Home Premium AMD FX- Quad Core Processor RAM AMD AE G U GB DDR PSU Antec HCG- M Motherboard Gigabyte A-D GPU XFX Radeon Hd HDD WDC WD EARX- N YB ATA TB SSD OCZ-AGILITY ATA GB So I mainly produce music on this rig and if my session gets really really full sometimes the system will just freeze and I have nothing to do but a hard reset I ve had to hard reset hundreds of times at this point this has been going on for months but the system works BEAUTIFULLY most of the time Oddly enough there have been times where it crashes with just the browser open but that is very rare I don t understand why this thing is crashing I have cleaned all the fans but the side case fan It s an Enermax Ostrog case is unplugged This is where I may have an issue with overheating during stressful times on the CPU Is that correct The fan has male female molex connectors coming out but I don t have anything to connect those to directly without an adapter in my rig I don t think The thing is I bought this a while ago with my friend and he helped me set it all up he had the fan going before but had to unplug it one time and I never knew how to get it going again Pretty embarassing Anyway I noticed the sysfan small pin connection and I am wondering if I just need to purchase a molex to small pin adapter for the fan to work Then hopefully some of my issue will be resolved Any advice on that would be very appreciated I am not sure if my processor is overclocked either It very well may not be I have CPU-Z and HWMonitor but don t really know how to use them If it was done it may have been done in the BIOS but I really have no way of knowing some of this stuff and my buddy sort of abandoned me so he can t help me anymore Sorry for my lack of coherency and structure but let me know what other info I can give to you because I literally can t even play battlefield for more than mins on my rig and I can t have massive sessions going on in Cubase or Pro tools anymore nbsp

A:Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freeze-crash-weak-processor-because-case-fan-is-unplugged-please-help.1113707/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so after i unpluged my hard drive. i plugged the slave cable back in and it still don't work. Anybody got any ideas. It made error beeping noises . PLz get back to my soone

A:I was Cleaning my Computer and i unplugged my the slave connecting my hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-was-cleaning-my-computer-and-i-unplugged-my-the-slave-connecting-my-hard-drive.851806/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop I Cable main on Network but works computer Unplugged fine am using a wireless router broadcom x integrated for my home network My router is connected to a Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer computer running Windows XP but I never had a problem with compatibility before I ve been using these computers together for a long time My Network Connections in my control panel is reporting the the network cable for my LAN is unplugged However the main computer is reporting that it works and there is even a green on the router indicating that the wire is plugged in The main computer also shows a yellow blinking light where the cable Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer connects to the computer indicating that all is fine on that end I need to re-establish my LAN in order to use the printer from my laptop I don t understand why it says the network cable is unplugged I ve never had this problem before and just noticed it yesterday I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I ran two Linux distrobutions on my computer KateOS didn t work monitor didn t like something and Ubuntu I didn t install anything I was just having a look to see if I could make a partition smaller with it so I could then install one of the Linux OS s Anyway my problem is that now I have stopped using the Live CD s and have gone back onto windows it is saying that the Network Cable is Unplugged or some other message to that effect I have done several things to try to get it working but nothing has Here is what I have done so far I restarted the computer several times I reinstalled the drivers of the Ethernet socket thingy It s built into the motherboard I did a system restore and then un-restored it after that didn t work I disabled the Ethernet socket thingy in device manager and then enabled it again I unplugged the router from the power and plugged it back in again I unplugged the ethernet cables at both ends and reconnected That s all I can remember doing at the moment but "Network cable Solved: unplugged message unplugged" although it isn't I may have done one or two things extra to Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged these The only thing I can think of doing extra to this would be reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling windows which I d rather not do I do not know if the ethernet socket thing works in Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged Linux or not but I could try it out if you think it will help The device manager on windows says it is running correctly but I still get the Network Cable Unplugged message pop up every Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged so often I get no internet whatsoever on the desktop I m on the laptop at the moment On the router the connection light flashes instead of staying on like it normally does so I think the router is recognising there is a connection of some sort just not one that works All my computers stats should be accessable in my quot Computer Specs quot however if there is anything else you need then just ask Thanks Giltrap nbsp

A:Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged-message-although-it-isnt-unplugged.684243/
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently installed a second monitor for my PC. I have an AMD 7850 and one display is a DVI output (my primary and previously used display) and the new one uses an hdmi output. When I first tried this, it worked completely fine but now, when I boot to windows the computer doesn't output a display when both are connected.

The computer is booting to windows succesfully, though, as the num lock key works and I can shut down the computer with out hard killing the power. If I boot with only the DVI monitor everything is fine and, after I have booted to windows, I can then connect the hdmi and both displays work.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Is there some way to choose a primary display port on the video card? Thanks for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-have-no-display-if-both-plugged-in-during-boot.1129248/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am experiencing a problem when booting Dual-Monitors plugged on the HP t620 Quad Core TC's with Windows 10 embedded. The Monitors will lose display after passing the HP booting screen. However, if I boot the thin client with just one monitor plugged in it boots with display perfectly fine, I can then plug the second monitor in after it reaches the Windows 10 embedded sign in page and both monitors will work. However, if I shutdown and reboot the computer again the dual monitors both go blank again after passing the HP logo again. Both monitors are HP ProDisplay P202m's and are both plugged in via display port cables with no extra adapters. I have tried the exact same pair of monitors with an older Windows 7 embedded t620 without any issue. I ran updates on the BIOS and graphic card drivers. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Dual-Monitors-Not-Displaying-from-Hard-Boot/td-p/5811449
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all I have an older aka ancient yr old system with a Gigabyte EP -DS mobo I have a dual monitor set up for video editing - my main is a quot Samsung connected via DVI cable 2 dual over boot monitor monitors -OS split to DVI port the second a quot Acer connected via blue VGA Dsub cable to VGA Dsub port This is the same setup I have had for a number of years without any problems I recently upgraded my video card to a nVidia GT which has DVI ports a D-sub VGA port and an HDMI port I had been having some problems with the older card dual monitor -OS boot split over 2 monitors GT - driver crashes colour shifts etc After installing the new card then the drivers from the CD and then updating them from the net I started having problems when booting the splash amp post etc screen comes up on my Acer second monitor then when Windows has started it switches to the log in screen on my Samsung main monitor when I go into Windows colour management via Control Panel it identifies my second monitor as number one when I go into nVidia control panel or Windows quot change resolution quot panel both read the Samsung as number one monitor There seems to be some confusion in the system as to which is the number one monitor Would this be a BIOS issue is the BIOS using the VGA connection as the main until Windows opens then uses the preferences I have set for monitor ID Can this be rectified within the BIOS settings I don't have another DVI cable at the moment and don't want to spend the if I don't have to and am not sure whether this would solve the issue - I'm on a pension and all count

A:dual monitor -OS boot split over 2 monitors

The Video card by default, considers the Right DVI port as you look at the back of the computer, to be the Main DVI port and the one to the Left to be the Secondary.
You can assign which monitor you want to be the main monitor in the nVidia Control Panel, and you can drag the icon around to move it to the position you want it to be. But if the Bios only sees your secondary monitor then switch port of the monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-monitor-os-boot-split-over-2-monitors-1106809.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm using Win7 Pro w/ Service Pack 1, and ATI Raqdion HD 4600 series Graphics card. Up until last week I had dual Sony E540 CRTs with extended display across both (left #1; right #2).

I finally upgraded to ASUS VW246 LCDs, automatically installed as Generic PnP; I could not find ASUS drivers. Since then, my display screens randomly flip-flop when I log on or boot up (i,e., the left becomes #2; the right #1). The mouse then cannot travel directly across from one to the other, but left off the left screen and appears to the right on the right screen.This does not happen every time, but often enough to be a real irritant.

When this happens, I swap the cables in order to re-establish the proper relationship. Otherwise everything works normally.

I've run through all the Control Panel settings, and am stumped. Needless to say, swapping the cables every day is getting to be a real pain. Appreciate any help.

A:Dual monitors randomly flip-flop upon log-on or boot-up

You don't need to swap the cable, just go into display properties (right click on Desktop and select Screen Resoultion) and then re-position the screens by clicking and dragging the left monitor over to the right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188371-dual-monitors-randomly-flip-flop-upon-log-boot-up.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi There everyone This is a new build Please check the spec's for this machine My default OS is Dual-Monitors a in Problems With Multi-Boot System Win Ultimate Bit When I am using this OS all Is good with my monitors My left screen is my primary screen and has the start button and all my short-cut icons on it which is the way I would like it to be in all three Os' I can open many panes and move them back and forth to any screen I want When I restart the system to enter into Win Vista Home premium Problems With Dual-Monitors in a Multi-Boot System My Right screen is the primary screen and I cannot move any panes into the left Problems With Dual-Monitors in a Multi-Boot System screen and i cannot move the cursor into the left screen When I open the device manager in this OS there are no problems showing in either the display adapters or the monitor criteria I Problems With Dual-Monitors in a Multi-Boot System have tried correcting the problem in both the windows control panel in displays and also in the Nvidia control panel and I can't seem to solve this problem What do i need to do to get my left monitor to be my primary screen and to move window panes from left to right and vice versa Not sure but I think this is a driver issue Thank you for your help ranger

A:Problems With Dual-Monitors in a Multi-Boot System

Hi ranger, welcome to VF, it is a bit of a problem, I assume you've updated your drivers from Nvidia's site? I've not come across a problem like this for a while, but it does sound like Nvidia's drivers at fault, have you tried switching the dvi ports around, might fix it, and have you also tried reverting back to WDDM drivers and see if it is Nvidia's fault? I often find also that when you try and adjust a setting on nvidia control panel, you need to set the resolution to low to get results, however that may just be me :-)

MrNeeds

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/289000-problems-dual-monitors-multi-boot-system.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I've seen it done before, but don't know the specifics!

Running 2 monitors from 1 computer!
But, in such a way that when you drag the mouse pointer towards the edge of 1 sreen, it then just carrys on moving on the screen next to it!

So you could not only run multiple applications, but SEE multiple applications, both FULL SCREEN!

DEFINATELY seen it done, but how???

Cheers

Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to get my computer set up to add a monitor to it so I can watch tv on the one and surf and work on the other or play games or whatever? What do I need what kind of graphics card? Do I need to get a TV Tuner or can you buy a graphics card with one in it? Any help would be appreciated

thank you

A:2 monitors on one computer

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please click on the following link I think you may find what you`re looking for.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may02/articles/pcmusician0502.asp

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-monitors-on-one-computer.16909/
Relevancy 42.57%

Im wanting to have 2 monitors with 1 computer, I have just purchased a vga split cable and plugged both monitors into it and then into the monitor slot on the computer base but that didn't work just gave me 2 desktops that are same and i want 1 desktop but across 2 screens, but above that monitor slot on the base is 2 monitors next to each with slash in middle of them (|), the vga splitter cable will not go into that and nore will the monitor cable, is they something else I need and if so what, and what do I need to do please?

Many Thanks
Louis

A:2 monitors and 1 computer

You need a dual head video card. A splitter will not work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/2-monitors-and-1-computer-311028.html
Relevancy 42.57%

In our computer lab, I need to use 1 workstation with 2 monitors--one for me to view and one large monitor for students to look at. How can I hook up 2 monitors to 1 CPU with both showing the same desktop???? Help!!

Relevancy 42.57%

Can I took up two monitors and one computer with XP? And be able to look or do two different operations on each monitor at the same time.

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.57%

I am currently looking to purchase a computer that can run three monitors. I am not a gamer. I need it for business purposes. Do you have any suggestions on a good computer?

Also, does it matter what screens that I purchase?

Thank you for your help!

A:Looking to buy a new computer with three monitors

Buy a computer that has 2 video cards in a "Crossfire" configuration with Windows 7 installed. This system should be able to run 4 monitors. As far as the monitors go, just choose the size you want in quality brands like Samsung

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-a-new-computer-with-three-monitors.169468/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'd like to hook up two monitors to my computer but find myself having to constantly connect one or the other - both won't be used simultaneously, only one will on at any given time.
However, is it possible to get a cable or adaptor that will save me from constantly plugging/unplugging either monitor?

A:Two Monitors - One Computer

the software that comes with nVidia cards has a "switch to next display device" setting, which you can bind to a hot-key. I use the key combination CTRL+SHIFT+T to switch.

So long as you don't choose in display properties to extend your desktop onto multiple monitors, then the switch will work fine.

I have 2 monitors and a TV connected to my machine, and the hot key switches from using any one of these devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-monitors-one-computer.8821/
Relevancy 42.57%

Im wanting to have 2 monitors with 1 computer, I have just purchased a vga split cable and plugged both monitors into it and then into monitor slot on computer base but that didn't work just gave me 2 desktops that are same and i want 1 desktop but across 2 screens, but above that monitor slot on the base is 2 monitors next to each, the vga splitter cable will not go into that and nore will the monitor cable, is they something else I need and if so what, and what do I need to do please?

This is my computer:

A:2 monitors and 1 computer

You need to install a 2nd graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-monitors-and-1-computer.766872/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi, i have a Gateway zx 6971 and i would like to hook up another monitor to this computer. but my computer doesnt seem to realize that i have another monitor plugged in. It is an all-in-one computer and im trying to connect it using an HDMI cable. Will my computer allow me to use two monitors? if so how. Also it seems as if my computer has "HDMI-In" if that matters

A:I cant use two monitors for my computer

Hi and welcome to TSG.

My initial thought would be that it doesn't support multiple monitors. Does the machine have more than one video output, I can't seem to find anything saying it has any on its specs or any pictures.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-use-two-monitors-for-my-computer.1096335/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello Any bargain hunters out there I m looking for a inch LED computer monitor new under or about I m not a tech head of any kind $200. Under Computer LED Monitors but I am a bargain LED Computer Monitors Under $200. shopper and I know there LED Computer Monitors Under $200. must be places where you can get a decent large monitor for cheap I ve done the usual searches online and come across the usual sites NewEgg Tiger the computer manufacturers quot discount quot places and all the regular retail places and not to forget Amazon and Ebay And knowing what I know about bargain hunting I know there s got to be some places out there where you can find something good for almost half the retail price The problem is it takes a long time to find these kinds of places because they really don t advertise it s usually all by word of mouth So I m wondering if any of you bargain hunters have found any such places yet I really don t care about the brand of monitor as I know one big name manufacturer will make the same monitor under different quot lesser quot names to make more money I m looking for a inch maybe larger computer monitor for under Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/led-computer-monitors-under-200.1168304/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm running Windows 8 with an Asus 1155 MB and no additional cards.
Performance has been all I need with two monitors but now I have obtained an LCD TV.

Will Windows 8 show all three if I just plug the LCD into the HDMI port?

I can't find anything on the Asus site etc.

A:Two monitors and a computer

Theoretically, Windows should just recognize the TV as a monitor. I've never had issues with multiple monitor/TV support before and I bet it will work fine.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/8340-two-monitors-computer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a PNY G-Force on 2 1 monitors computer FX Ultra AGP x video card here s 2 monitors on 1 computer the specs http www pny com products verto geForceFx agp asp I am running Windows XP Home with Service Pack I am trying to hook up monitors to a single computer I have monitor already hooked up and running I know my card can handle two monitors because in the nView application that came with the driver it has dual display settings and such I just can t access them Basically I want to know how do I hook them both up to my machine My card has ports on 2 monitors on 1 computer it -- gt My standard monitor is hooked up into the VGA port How do I hook up my secondary monitor Do I need an adapter or another cable Thanks to whoever helps If anyone needs more information I will try to supply it to the best of my benefit You guys have been very helpful in the past thank you for your service here nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys I'm looking for a new computer monitor After dozens of reviews I found the most suitable monitors The st is Acer G HL Monitor which supports Full HD resolution x Choose Computer to Monitors How pixels which is the maximum for this screen No need to mention the display has a aspect ratio so you How to Choose Computer Monitors can enjoy any Full HD movie if How to Choose Computer Monitors you like watching them on a computer monitor instead of a large TV set or play a couple of video games And the nd one is ASUS VS H-P Backlight Widescreen Monitor which is good for PC has a TN matrix a typical feature of money-saving displays which has the response time of ms too much for some gamers but this is not a gaming PC monitor after all The viewing angles are as follows degrees The maximal brightness is usual for cutting-edge PC monitors - cd sq m For me the main is image quality and an HDMI - gt DVI or VGA - gt DVI converters And want to ask to recommend some other good monitors or guide me what to look for Thank you in advance for help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391688-how-choose-computer-monitors.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello i have just built my own PC it has Nvidia geforce gts gb https www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid GX- -OK AMD Phenom II X Dual Core https www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CP- -AM Asus M N -T Deluxe https www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MB- -AS aswell as other compononets which i dont think are important to this question e g gb ram fans and all that The graphics card has x DVI x HDMI and x monitors?? New multiple computer, VGA i currently have two viewsonic va w quot widescreens plugged into the computer running fine these are New computer, multiple monitors?? plugged in through the vga and dvi slots i want to connect a New computer, multiple monitors?? third monitor using the hdmi port New computer, multiple monitors?? on the graphics card my hdtv is plugged into the computer and i can run it so i have screen on the quot and on the hdtv but i cant have all three anyway that i can get all screens to run at the same time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-multiple-monitors.898815/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have just finsihed building my computer and I now need to buy a new monitor. I have a couple of questions. First, is using a TV as a computer monitor a good option or is it best to use a designated computer monitor? Secondly, what specific monitors (or TV's if a good option) would you recommend that have a good picture at a good price? By the way my computer is built for high quality entertainment and gaming. Thanks.

A:Questions about Computer Monitors

Generally using a monitor is a much better idea, although that does depend on what kind of TV you were thinking of using.

If you're going for a gaming/hd video, you'll want at least a 1080p (1920x1080) monitor. Which you'll be spending between 100 - 150 for depending on specs and type of screen it uses.

For something more specific, need to know which websites you can order from (depends what part of the world you're in, and so on).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-about-computer-monitors.1028722/
Relevancy 42.14%

I would be grateful for any help on this. My main monitor is a 27 inch 1920x1080 connected via the only DVI port on the graphics card, the other connections on the graphics card are HDMI. My second monitor is a 17 inch 1280x1024 and only has a DVI port or a VGA port. The motherboard has a DVI port, so my questions.

In Windows 10, is there a problem to have to monitors of different resolution?
Is there a problem having the main monitor connected to the Graphics card and the second to the motherboard?

Thanks

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130216-setting-up-two-monitors-one-computer.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When gaming on primary monitor and watching twitch streams on secondary my computer will crash. No BSOD. No driver fail warning. Just shuts down completely. Using one monitor only I have no issues at all. Have tried updating drivers, changed dvi/hdmi cables to new ones. Changed which monitor I was doing which task on. Ran OCCT for 15 minutes with zero errors. Ran windows mem test with no errors. Unable to get Memtest86 to work with either stick of RAM though.

Computer specs:

i5-3570k Ivy @ 3.4ghz (have never overclocked)
Gigabyte Z77x-Ud3H motherboard
750 W Corsair TX Bronze
2 x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3
GTX 970 FTW edition

Any help with this issue would be appreciated as I am at my wits end.

A:Computer crashes when using both monitors

Hello there, 

This issue might be related to Adobe Flash. Can you turn off hardware accelerator in flash and see if the issue still persists?https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337  

If the crash still appears then you might need to upgrade the graphic cards in your PC. 

Hope this helps! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583570/computer-crashes-when-using-both-monitors/
Relevancy 42.14%

I want to use my flat screen monitor for my computer and also my tv that has a VGA output. Is it possible for them to both project the same image at the same time or use some kind of box to switch the signal from one monitor to the other?

A:Is it possible to have two monitors hooked up to one computer?

Yes, but it will require either 2 video cards, or a single video card with dual outputs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-it-possible-to-have-two-monitors-hooked-up-to-one-computer-242247.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Evening all,

Recently rebuilt my computer to add in a new heatsink + fan and after reconnecting all the wires I found that the computer turns on and all teh light flash up and all that but the monitors stay blank?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my Radeon x800 XT Platinum Extreme or either of my monitors.

Anyone got any ideas?

-Eddey

P.S
i've cheked the RAM.

A:Computer stats but monitors don't...

Do you have onboard video, if so make sure it is disabled,
Card seated properly? Did you plug it in to the PSU? Some of these new cards need the extra power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stats-but-monitors-dont.384624/
Relevancy 42.14%

About a year and a half ago my -inch CRT monitor began blacking out sporadically For a time I was able to quot fix quot it by hitting it lightly on the side with my hand Over time the black outs became more frequent and I had to hit it harder and harder to bring it back One day it went black and stayed black No amount of banging and thwacking would bring it back I couldn t afford a new monitor so I went back to my old -inch CRT It worked fine for a while then it too started blacking frying my monitors? Is computer my out though not in quite the same way The Is my computer frying my monitors? picture would just blink off now and then for a second or two -- usually when cold -- then come back by itself Over time this too got worse to the point where it Is my computer frying my monitors? would blink out for seconds or even a minute or two before coming back on no thwacking required One day it blinked out and stayed out dead monitor number two I resorted to a dinosaur -inch CRT which I dug out of my attic It s old and small but it was an okay monitor in its day I figured I d use it until I purchased a new monitor Any port in a storm as they say This monitor too ran fine for a time until it TOO blacked out -- or in this case I should say burnt out No sporadic black outs or blinking on and off It just suddenly went poof emitting smoke and the smell of fried electrical components Obviously I m in the market for a new monitor Before I buy one however I m wondering if three monitors going out in slightly similar ways over a year s time is coincidence or if its possible that there is something about my computer Dell Dimension that could be destroying monitors This doesn t seem likely to me but I thought I d check before hooking a new monitor up to my system What say you Thanks nbsp

A:Is my computer frying my monitors?

Nothing to do with the computer, in my view.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-computer-frying-my-monitors.736115/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone

I had a question about running two monitors on one PC. Someone here wants to have two monitors running at the same time. Is this achieved by just adding another video card to the PC?

Relevancy 42.14%

im really stuck on how to explain this but ill try my best. i was thinking on getting an lcd montor to use daily. but i still want to use my crt for for a certain game. is it possible to hook both monitors to my computer and make the crt open/run games from the computer. while the other lcd is still running on the same computer just not having the game open too. and vice versa for watching movies on the lcd. is this not do-able? or is there some other way of doing this? sorry if this sounds confusing.

A:confused on how to set up 2 monitors on one computer

Hook up one monitor to each output on the dual output video card, set it in "display properties" to use one as primary and to "extend the display" to the other one.

However some full screen game do odd things to video card settings, so your operability when having a game running may be variable.

You may need a DVI to VGA adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/confused-on-how-to-set-up-2-monitors-on-one-computer.504361/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone knows of a program there you can send different windows to different monitors.

Today we have one computer that shows sales information and a monitor/tv connected to it. We have another computer showing something different on another monitor/tv and so on.

Is there a program that can direct different windows in a computer to different nic, graphic ports etc. so I only need one computer and having all the monitors/tv connected to that one?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey all,
I need a way to use my desktop from my room and a monitor/keyboard and mouse downstairs. I have tried rdc and it is very laggy. If anyone knows a way to connect to my computer upstairs to a monitor and keyboard downstairs with 20 feet of cable I would love it if u could tell me.

A:Using a computer from two monitors on different floors.

Remote Desktop is your best bet. There's something wrong with your network or the device(s) at each end to cause issues with Remote Desktop running on a LAN. I remote desktop to a bunch of my servers running in my basement over wireless sometimes 2 floors up in my house without issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-computer-from-two-monitors-on-different-floors.1103365/
Relevancy 42.14%

So Monitors going black, computer still on? recently i've been having a rather odd problem with my computer My computers monitors will randomly Monitors going black, computer still on? turn black the audio will start repeating mouse keyboard lose power for a few second and then the audio stops My lights on my mouse and keyboard come back on after that but my screens will stay black I have to hold down the power button and restart my computer whenever it happens WHEN IT HAPPENS I've actually found a way to partially prevent the problem from occuring I noticed that it only happens while multitasking Playing a game and using internet browser As long as I am only browsing the web or ONLY playing a game it has never happened to me But as soon as both are open at once it happens within minutes Most the times it has happened I had these applications open Google Chrome World of Warcraft Raidcall and sometimes skype I also tried using Firefox to see if it was possibly a problem with the browser but it still happens I've also had it happen while playing League of Legends SPECS CPU AMD FX- GPU Sapphire Radeon HD PSU EVGA W Bronze Cert MOBO Gigabyte GA- LMT-S P I also have the Cooler Master Vortex Plus I had asked this on another forum before and got some advice with what to do and none of it has worked The only thing I can think of is something wrong with my OS or possibly my MOBO my graphics card was is also only a few months old since I sent my other one in and got it replaced Thank you anyone who trys to help I really appreciate it

A:Monitors going black, computer still on?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530763/monitors-going-black-computer-still-on/
Relevancy 42.14%

How would i go about setting up an extra monitor to run at same time with Laptop so i have 2 screens to use ? Any help is appreciated . Thank You .

Relevancy 42.14%

My son downloaded some "wii points generator" which of course was a bad idea. He then tells me about 3 hours later that it had said something about files were being deleted... so I assume he of course downloaded a virus. Anyways so now his monitor is not working. I unplugged all the cables, tried it again, nothing just black screen. The most I got was a compaq screen and black after that. I tried using his sisters monitor and her monitor wouldn't work on his computer either. I tried using different connector cables, still black. Any ideas on what is the problem? Is it possible that this virus could have ate a monitor driver or the video card?

A:No monitors work on computer

did you format your p.c ? try it once this might remove the virus from it , format all the drive after taking the back up of data.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283076/no-monitors-work-on-computer/
Relevancy 42.14%

Windows Professional Sevice Pack Intel Core i CPU GHz -bit Operating System NVIDIA GeForce GT I have two identical monitors that I would like to connect to my computer I One Two Not Computer in Extending Monitors have only one graphic card and I am using a vga splitter cable Both monitors display but they are mirroring each other which I don't want I tried a splitter to connect both monitors Also Two monitors in one VGA with one splitter Two monitors with one VGA and one DVI Two monitors in one VGA with one splitter and one DVI on second monitor I used NVidia Control panel and tried different settings but did not work I also tried right click on desktop then Screen Resolution but did not work I windows logo P but it did not work Two Monitors in One Computer Not Extending Please help I believe my graphic can support two monitors Not sure but I thik it supports it NVIDIA detects Dell FP Dell FP Windows detects Display gt Screen Resolution Dell FP Digital Genric Non-PnP Monitor It previously detected Multiple munitor If I click on IDENTIFY it shows on both monitors If I click Windows logo P and click on Extend then both monitors will be blank Two Monitors in One Computer Not Extending I think all displays way to the left Not visible to me Please help

A:Two Monitors in One Computer Not Extending

ralf206 welcome to the Seven Forums.

A VGA splitter will do nothing but mirror/clone each, you need to use VGA and DVI (assuming your card is one that has both, which some do, where others have two DVI ports) to be able to use extended mode. Using the DVI port shouldn't be a problem as those monitors have both a DVI and VGA port on them,

Documentation

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/198493-two-monitors-one-computer-not-extending.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, is it possible to hook up 2 monitors on the same comp.? if so can you have different programs on eack, like internet on one and word/games on the other? or would it just make the picture continue like 1/2 and 1/2? thanks for your help on this..big part HOW DO YOU DO IT? thanks ron

A:how do i hook up 2 monitors to the same computer

I'm looking at a dual monitor setup as I type. I'm watching a movie on one and typing this on the other. Since my vid card has dual heads and a TV out I can switch my secondary monitor between my CRT and my TV with the press of a button.

Pretty easy to do. You either need a video card with dual heads (two outputs), or two single head cards. Since you already have one AGP or onboard video you can get a PCI video card for the second monitor. Keep in mind that you cannot use an onboard video and AGP card together.
So you can use a combination of the following:
onboard+PCI
PCI+AGP
AGP+PCI
PCI+PCI

XP does a good job managing the dual monitors, but I also installed a program called ultramon for greater flexibility.
I would have a big problem going back to just one monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-hook-up-2-monitors-to-the-same-computer.333656/
Relevancy 42.14%

please help.

i would like to connect my laptop to another monitor so that one monitor would show, for example, Word.. while the other monitor will show excel.

please helpl

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
I just signed up for TSG and I've been trying to do the following in the past few days

What I've been trying to do is set up 2 monitors to one computer and 2 keyboards and mice to play call of duty 4 with my mates in LAN.

Maybe, somehow i can run two different NVidia profiles on the separate screens. but i haven't found an option for it so far.

i will really appreciate it if you help and it can be any way, but my budget is $30

Relevancy 42.14%

I ran Avast on my primary computer and it asked me to do a boot-up scan(?) which I haven't really seen until then, so I figured I would run it. Afterwards my computer shut down and when it restarted my monitor stayed black as if nothing was running on it and eventually powered off.

I've tried using multiple monitors (including my tv) as well as multiple hdmi cables and haven't found a solution.

I'm rather confused as to what is even wrong or if anything is wrong, but I have a feeling something is. I've been using my laptop since and I can't play as many pc games on here so it's rather annoying I can't play with my friends as much.

It's an Alienware running Windows 7, though I don't know much more about it(will look further into specs).

Any help would be appreciated as I am lost for what I should do.

A:Computer not displaying on monitors?

Hi, first things first. I'm assuming you have a laptop. Try taking out the battery, keep just the AC adapter in to eliminate the possibility of a dead battery.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-not-displaying-on-monitors-1031601.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi! I just upgraded to Win8 this weekend and so far I really like it. I discovered something this morning that now that the weekend is over is bugging the crap out of me and I need help. I work from home and use this alot so it would be helpful.

I am trying to do a couple things I could easily do in 7,
- have Chrome open in both monitors at once with different things on them.
- currently Chrome has no minimize/maximize buttons on the upper right like it used to. Makes it very hard to multitask.

I have 2 monitors, the main is a 23" touch screen and the second is an 18" non-touch screen.

Also, is there a way to have the taskbar to appear at the bottom always like it used to?

Thanks! I really appreciate the help!

A:Windows 8 Dual Monitors, need help having browser open in both monitors

Answered my own question. Google Chrome was showing in App mode. When I downloaded Chrome for 8 there is an option to have it show in desktop mode and the taskbar, minimize/maximize, and multi window option came back. YAY.

Now if someone could tell me why windows 8 won't fill the screen at the resolution recommended for my 23" monitor I'd be good!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-dual-monitors-need-help-having-browser-open-in-both-monitors-675500.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9600 video card. It's been working properly for quite awhile and now suddenly the cursor moves to the second monitor when I drag the cursor beyond the bottom of the first monitor.

It used to go from one monitor to the other by dragging it from left-to-right. I can't figure out what caused it to start doing this or how to go about getting it back to the way it was before. Any ideas how to change it back. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

.....Gord

A:Dual Monitors - cursor changes monitors vertically instead of horizontally

Display Properties - Settings - Drag the monitors to side-by-side position with the mouse, it thinks they are one obove the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-cursor-changes-monitors-vertically-instead-of-horizontally.503264/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi ... I would like to hear what you think is a good flat screen monitor and why you think this ??? If you could buy one which one would you go for ??? I know there different types monitor for different purposes but i am just curious what kind you like and why ???

A:Computer flat screen monitors

The Apple Cinema HD Display sports a 23-inch (viewable) thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display that supports an astonishing 1920 by 1200 pixel resolution. And it comes with an even more astonishing price: $1999.

Cost to much for me to pay.
But it is very nice and has a great picture.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-flat-screen-monitors.221999/
Relevancy 41.71%

I need help with seeing my computer screen on my television. I have a new television (Olivia) that has a s-video outlet and my computer has a s-video outlet. I called Dell and they said to plug the s-video plugs in and turn the computer on, then to press F8. Well nothing happens. The screen flickers but nothing happens. The tv has several settings: composite, HD, component, s-video, etc. I tried all of them and nothing happens. I plugged my dvd up to the tv and it works fine. Any help?

A:Computer Monitors to Television Screen

post the model number of your TV, I'm not familiar with that brand and can't find anything on it...sounds like a store brand? I couldn't find a website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-monitors-to-television-screen.783514/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Samsung ultrabook with an HDMI out. I need it to be able to connect to a projector (VGA Only)

Have a HDMI / GGA adaptor which worked fine till last week. Suddenly, my computer cannot detect the external projector when duplicating the screen.

The only change that I introduced to my computer recently is upgrading to Microsoft 2013.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:my computer does not recognise external monitors

we may try OS repiar if you have os disc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-does-not-recognise-external-monitors.1101039/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have recently bought a new computer so I took my SSD and all of my HDD's out of my old PC and put them in the new one although i decided that i would like to use my old setup to learn how to overclock the computer was going to get thrown 1 are connected monitors when 2 is only believes Computer out so if i destroy it it doesn't really matter I was given an old GB which i planned on installing windows on The problem is that I connected my display to the onboard when installing windows as the computer wouldn't boot from anything i also reset the bios removed the graphics card completely and used a bootable USB flash drive to install windows as i didn't know the real cause of the problem After windows was installed i put the graphcis card back in but now the computer believes that monitors are connected to the computer when in reality only is I've Googled this and found nothing and absolutely nobody i know can work the problem out Computer believes 2 monitors are connected when only 1 is please tell me if you need any extra info as I am more than happy to give it to you if it helps you work out my problem thank you in advance

A:Computer believes 2 monitors are connected when only 1 is

Did you turn off the onboard graphics card (in the BIOS)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/277189-computer-believes-2-monitors-connected-when-only-1-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok A few months back I bought an HP elite m n PC It's got Vista Home Premium It's one of those media pcs with the TV hookups and all of that I'm not even sure if it's capable of dual monitors If anyone knows the answer or can determine that from the motherboard specs please let me know But what I'd really like to be able to Dual TV using and time Monitors, at Computer the and Using same do is this I have a inch monitor that Using Dual Monitors, and using TV and Computer at the same time I use for the computer and a in HDTV which I use for TV obviously I play a lot of video games and it would be nice to sometimes use my big screen TV for this - I have it hooked up now it's quite nice with windods Vista But I also like to have the TV on while I compute Yes yes I want the best of both worlds So what I want to know is - can I set it up so that sometimes I can compute on Monitor A and watch TV on monitor B and then make it so I can switch the two without having to fuss with any cables My DirectTV reciever does have an S video output and my TV can handle that but not my monitor However my monitor has a DVI input as well as the standard monitor cable Confused I am Thanks for the help I've never used dual monitors before and I'm hoping my computer can handle them edit - If this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it I thought that Vista was appropriate since Windows Media Player comes with Vista

A:Using Dual Monitors, and using TV and Computer at the same time

Perhaps I should simplify my question- can I use dual monitors with my pc? The outputs on the back are 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 S-Video. I'm currently using the DVI slot with my main monitor and DVI adaptor. So if I get a VGA to HDMI cable can I use dual monitors?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/using-dual-monitors-and-using-tv-and-computer-at-the-same-time-213578.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I've tried connecting two different monitors to the desktop and both monitors become unresponsive/go to sleep/do not display the normal start up screen.

Any suggestions?

***Also, I've tried connecting the mouse and keyboard to try and wake the computer up - but the monitor is still not working.

Relevancy 41.71%

I put a new video card in my computer but then my video adapter on the mother board stopped working i wouldn't care except i have two monitors and i went to a friends house and he has the showed me how windows xp can make to monitors cooperate and be like one.

I went into device manger on my computer and this error message came up {This device cannot start. (Code 10)} i tried the troubleshooter, reinstalling it also getting another driver but i still have got that error message and it wont work.

can any body help it would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

vista 64-computer turns on it seems like it doesn't recognize either of my monitors. I plugged them into other hard drives and they work. Not sure what to do.

A:Suddenly no monitors will work with my computer

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

I don't fully understand your problem. Are you recieving video on the computer with the monitors? Have you tried moving the monitors to a different video card? Are you just missing the drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suddenly-no-monitors-will-work-with-my-computer-652220.html
Relevancy 41.71%

We're in need of a device that allows two people to view one computer from two monitors. Only one will have a keyboard. The other will simply watch. Your help is appreciated. Joshzz

A:Is there a device to allow for viewing of one computer on two monitors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-device-to-allow-for-viewing-of-one-computer-on-two-monitors.1015277/