Windows Support Forum

Sony Vaio screen freezes.. black screen somtimes

Q: Sony Vaio screen freezes.. black screen somtimes

Hi - Hopefully someone can help Screen keeps freezing and sometimes black screen or laptop just shuts off not sure if it would be considered a crash because the hard drive activity light will keep blinking When it freezes the mouse doesn t move and I can t input anything in the keyboard doesn t show on screen I am still able to turn off the display with the quot display off quot button Sony screen freezes.. Vaio screen somtimes black and the num lock caps lock scroll lock lights can still be turned on off I ve tried restoring the hard drive and reinstalling the OS but I m not able Sony Vaio screen freezes.. black screen somtimes to get far due to the freezing problem This is the third time this has happened The two previous times I have been able to restore everything but this time i cannot During the restoration reformatting process the screen froze but I pressed enter when the hard drive stopped spinning and it was able to complete the reformatting and restart by itself The freezing problem however still exists I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out I have the exact same problem as this guy http forums techguy org hardware -solved-sony-vaio-screen-keeps html except my laptop is SONY VAIO VPCF I have reinstalled win times and win consumer preview once so its definately not software issue its hardware but I can t figure out what is wrong Any help would be much appreciated thanks J nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sony Vaio screen freezes.. black screen somtimes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sony Vaio screen freezes.. black screen somtimes

Has the warranty run out ?

It seems to be overheating so try blowing out any dust at the fan outlet using a can of air, or use a straw or similar and blow through that.

Also try using it on a flat table or desk if you aren't already doing so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-screen-freezes-black-screen-somtimes.1051597/
Relevancy 84.63%

my computer freezes up during start-up. to solve the problem, i reformatted my pc, but it still freezes. i removed the dedicated VGA to see if it's the one causing the problem, but to no avail. PC still freezes and sometimes, when it loads, it freezes and screen turns green,black, and sometimes blue. IS this a hardware problem? how can i fix this?

MOBO:ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM: 2GB
HDD: 300Gb
Processor: Athlon phenom II 965

actions taken but didn't solve the problem:

1. installed and run CCcleaner and Registry Easy
2. removed dedicated VGA (geforce 9500)
3. reinstalled OS
4. updated graphics drivers.

can anyone help??

A:PC freezes during boot-up (green, black, or somtimes blue screen)

Try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-during-boot-up-green-black-or-somtimes-blue-screen.177149/
Relevancy 107.07%

I'm working on a Sony Vaio vgc-v617g which has worked fine until just recently. It's one of those desktops with all the hardware built into the screen, like a mac. Now, when i boot it up it shows the vaio symbol for about 1 second, and then the screen goes blank. It does this once more with the windows welcome screen. Its visible for about one second, and goes blank. The computer is still doing work, even though the screen is blank. Is it the backlight? I dont know if its possible that a backlight will work for a second even though it's dead. Is it repairable?

A:Sony Vaio Screen Black

Hi,

I was wondering if you were ever able to solve this problem...

I have the same model desktop and am now having the EXACT same problem. Any suggestions would be incredibly helpful!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-screen-black.674708/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I have a five year old Sony Vaio laptop VGN fe h For a week or so I have been having problems when using the keyboard At times it would create random letters numbers when I typed The Cap lock might come on for no reason then numbers would randomly scroll Then the problem would stop for a while I did a virus check with AVG - all clear Screen Vaio Black Sony I checked with for malware and used superantispyware - all clear Now the situation is even worse When I turn on I get a continuos beeping alarm and I can t get past the first Vaio black screen I had used Wisecare registry cleaner and Registry Fix in the past few weeks and realize now these programmes can do more harm than good Could they have done this damage The only other thing I did was uninstall Norton and installed AVG in its place some months ago Sony Vaio Black Screen I am not very computer literate so any advice would be appreciated Is the computer just at the end of its lifespan I had tried just before I got the Sony Vaio Black Screen black screen to go into System and System Restore but I didn t manage to get very far Thanks

A:Sony Vaio Black Screen

A friend of mine discovered that it is the keyboard itself that is the problem. He got past the black screen by holding down various keys. He then plugged in in an external keyboard. This helped initially, but the problems are still reoccurring. I rememeber now that I used an anti static cleaner on the keys a while ago. Stupidly, I sprayed directly onto the keys instead of onto a cloth first. This must have caused a short circuit of some kind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479540/sony-vaio-black-screen/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi all.
Earlier tonight I was sat on my sony vaio laptop when the cat jumped up and ran over the keyboard. This managed to turn the screen black. I have tried to restart the computer butwhen I do the vaio logo appears but then the screen turns black. I connected it to my tv via hdmi and it does the same on the tv. Logo appears and then black.
Everywhere else I have read says they had a blinking cursor. I have no cursor. I'm wandering if the cat had pressed a shortcut or something. I have also tried to launch safe mode but to no avail.

Any help welcome

A:sony vaio black screen problem

Not to worry. Left it for 30 mins and restarted it and all seems fine now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-black-screen-problem.1114985/
Relevancy 105.78%

I am not a professional but took 2 years in tech school. I have a sony vaio laptop model # SVE1512JCXW. Every time I turn it on I get the VAIO then a black screen with the mouse that I can move around the black screen. That's it. I've tried with the battery out and power cord in and vise versa. I've tried removing thr memory sticks and replacing them with the original sticks and some extras I have, all to no avail. I have a feeling the hard drive is fried because when I put in a blank extra hard drive I got all the information you would expect from installing a new hard drive that's been swept. So I could really use some expert advice and would really appreciate it. Thanks

Mike

A:sony vaio laptop black screen

Exactly the same here and with the same laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-black-screen.1086967/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello, I have a Sony vaio PCG-71312L for around 2 years. After trying to install a program it freezed and didn't answer any commands, so i shutdown it by pressing the power button. When i tried to boot it, it went past "start" window to black screen only with mouse on it. I can turn on caps lock and num lock. I've tried loading default settings in BIOS, I've tried removing battery, removing and replacing RAMs, I've tried recovering after pressing F8 button, restoring it to last successful boot. After all this it's still black screen with mouse on it, did anyone have this problem, could you help me ?

A:Sony VAIO Laptop black screen problem

have you removed the battery and ac adapter and held the power switch down for 60seconds ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-black-screen-problem.1081924/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello all,

My laptop was working really well until Friday night, when I turned it on and logged on. Then when I launched up google chrome, the system froze, after a few minutes it was still frozen so I did a dirty shutdown and held down the power button.

Since then, it's been a nightmare. I've twice done a system repair which both times took about 7 hours.

Now I'm stuck with this situation, whether I start windows normally or in safe mode, I cannot get past the logon screen as it just freezes almost within a couple of seconds.

Can anyone suggest what to do? I'm not that good with the technical aspect so you may need to explain things in a bit more detail.

Many thanks
Ollie.

A:Sony Vaio VPCEE2E1E Freezes at Login Screen

Hello memoman and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "system repair". There's System Restore that can (hopefully) restore your computer to an earlier date/time before the problem began.

System Restore

There's Startup Repair that may fix certain problems, such as a missing or damaged MBR boot file that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

Startup Repair

Then there are diagnostic/repair scans that can sometimes fix startup issues.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

And then there's something called a Repair Install where you try to rebuild the entire Windows 7 operating system without affecting your user accounts, personal data, programs, system drivers, etc.

Repair Install

Did you try using one or more of these tools and if so, which one(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235444-sony-vaio-vpcee2e1e-freezes-login-screen.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I need help trying to recover my PC which started acting strangely earlier this evening..error message displayed saying hard drive error and windows shutting down..restarted but just a black screen with a flashing white cursor that disappears after a few seconds...don't know if this has been caused by a virus or it's a genuine hard drive failure....hope someone out there can help me!!!

A:Black screen/ Unable to recover system..Sony Vaio

Hello,what is your Operating System?? XP,Vista etc...?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450677/black-screen-unable-to-recover-systemsony-vaio/
Relevancy 102.34%

I purchased this computer recently quot as is quot The screen is dark black upon start up and remains this way The operating system works fine as I can use a flashlight over the screen and navigate anywhere I need to go I have ordered the recovery dvd from Sony and am awaiting that to see if it helps This system Black, Screen Vaio Up Laptop Sony On and remains Start Dark is currently running XP Home Service Pack I was told it was added and not the original that came with the computer The computer is a Sony Vaio VGN-A Can someone suggest some troubleshooting Sony Vaio Laptop Black, Dark Screen On Start Up and remains for this problem or let me know if it is a driver software or hardware problem My next step after I receive the Recovery DVD from Sony if that doesn t work will be to take it in for repair which we all know can be costly I can provide any additional information if needed I ve been using computers since but not that good at driver video card hardware problems though can follow instructions Thanks in advance okiegirl nbsp Sony Vaio Laptop Black, Dark Screen On Start Up and remains

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Black, Dark Screen On Start Up and remains

Sounds like your LCD is bad.

Sounds like you have one of two things going on: either a bad inverter board, or the flourescent tube in the LCD is dead.

The inverter board is fairly easy to replace, and costs around $100. The flourescent tube is a much more troubling issue - generally the only option is to replace the entire LCD, and they do get expensive. Some repair shops claim to be able to replace just the flourescent tube - this can be a little less expensive. But it's hard to find a repair shop that can do that.

What you're looking for:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-black-dark-screen-on-start-up-and-remains.36129/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello! I have a Sony vaio laptop I bought may 2012. Runs windows 7 home premium. Turned on and vaio logo appears along with a busy signal sound and only black screen white text "operating system not found" and flashing cursor. I got into Bios with F2 - only thing odd I see is under Hard Disk Drive it says None. I'm not very good at the terminology IN BIOS and would love a little assistance! Please. Thank you!

A:Sony vaio boots to black screen operating system not found also makes a busy sound

Hard drive crashed. Or your laptops sata cable to the hard drive has went. Either way you will need to have it repaired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-boots-to-black-screen-operating-system-not-found-also-makes-a-busy-sound.205026/
Relevancy 94.17%

Sat watching SkyGo and the screen freezes I couldn't click anything or restart the computer I powered down and when I turned it on I get a black screen with operating system not found I have read a few threads with support but I am really struggling to follow them A few bit of information that will help though from what I have read I don't have a windows disk it came already installed I have downloaded partition wizard bootable CD as suggested in another thread but not Vaio Black screen- "operating system Sony found" VPCEH I don't know how to boot it up on my broken machine The disk doesn't read I still get the black screen I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably lose all my data and need a new hard drive but I'm willing to try everything and anything before going down that route as I really can't afford to buy anything for a month or so and my laptop is essential to my job Please help and be as condescending and patronising as possible I'm not ashamed to admit I'm way out of my depth here Thanks

A:Black screen- "operating system not found" Sony Vaio VPCEH

Oh and when I f2 it on start up the screen says Hard Disk Drive- None

Has it completely gone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320817-black-screen-operating-system-not-found-sony-vaio-vpceh.html
Relevancy 85.14%

any one can help me about this problem please? my technitian told me that i have a problem in the chip nd it is not too worthit to try fix it.

see video please

thanks!

A:SONY VAIO SCREEN PROBLEM

get the graphics chip reballed by a tech with a rework station, its a issue with the gpu over heating and the lead free solder used.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/90361-sony-vaio-screen-problem.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello guys !!
I have Sony Vaio VPCF13M1E/H (VGP-BPS21) / (PCG-81212M) with broken screen (LQ164M1LD4C D SHARP 16.4 Full Hd). The price for this screen is ridiculous high and i I want to ask you - can i purchase WXGA++ (1600x900) HD+ instead of WUXGA (1920x1080) Full HD from this site http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Sony/VAIO~VPC-F13M1E*H Will it work?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-broken-screen.1053721/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Sony Vaio BX563-B. I have encountered a black screen; no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get it to light. It seems to be getting power (the fan runs, the CD drive spins, etc.) but regardless of whether on battery power or AC, I cannot get it to respond.

I have run the computer on battery until exhausted, allowed the machine to recharge, and still no result. Help?

A:Problems with Sony Vaio Screen

Either the backlight or inverter has failed. You need to replace one or the other, and there are only24 screws of four different sizes to remove and reinstall... but it is the screw covers that are the difficult part on a Sony.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-sony-vaio-screen.140313/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have an AR51m and before i chuck it can any one advise as what the problem might be please.
I had problems with the screen going strange colours , flickering really bad and the text was not being displayed correctly so thought the screen had failed,even though after a few hours it would display correctly for a while ,replaced it and it was even worse the images were really bad so had it replaced again as i thought it was faulty,installed new screen and its the same.Does not flicker now or change to strange colours but text and images are not right.Plugged in to external monitor it is OK heres a pic taken with camera ment to be my cat lol

A:Sony Vaio Screen Display

I might be misunderstanding something so I apologize in advance. The cat image is being displayed in Windows Photo Viewer and obviously the image isn't displaying correctly. The screen behind the cat is (I'm guessing) your Pictures library. It seems to be displaying OK. So in this one particular instance it's possible that Windows Photo Viewer might be damaged or corrupted in some way. Since Photo Viewer is a part of the Windows operating system, a System File Checker scan may be able to fix damaged or corrupt files. If SFC finds any problems, run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Another possibility might be a damaged or corrupt driver. You could open Device Manager to see if there are any problems listed, particularly for the Vaio monitor, display adapters, and system devices.

Open Device Manager

Please post back to let us know if you find anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198720-sony-vaio-screen-display.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi folks I really need some advice from computer experts here Last night I was on my laptop listening to music surfing the net etc then all of a sudden the screen just went black Now I left this for minutes Help: screen Sony problems vaio to see what would happen after this I decided to shut down it by pressing down the on off button I left this for a few minutes to cool down then when I turned on the laptop the Sony Vaio sign showed up -all seemed fine then it went black again I done this another time and got some messages on the screen acknowledging the laptop had not shut down properly I then chose the option to enter the laptop in a 'safe mode' i think where all the icons were much larger and Help: Sony vaio screen problems the laptop had all the essential programs on it From here I chose to shut down the laptop properly so I went Start gt Shut Down I then left the laptop for a good minutes then decided to see if it was ok When the Sony Vaoi sign showed up the graphics were all fuzzy then the screen went black with yellow dotted lines running down the screen I then left the laptop overnight and switched it on this morning the message then came displaying the 'full System repair' option So I chose it displayed loading bars showing its progression etc Then the screen went back to black with the yellow dotted lines runing down it Anyone know what happened Can you help me I really need my laptop for coursework at university right now My Laptop is the Sony-Vaio-VGN-NR

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283546-help-sony-vaio-screen-problems.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello it's my first time in this forum from recommendation of a friend these past couple days I've been receiving this blue screen out of no where I was wondering if you guys know the solutions for this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID The Blue Screen mentioned this error x EA Additional information about the problem BCCode ea BCP FFFFFA B BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Andy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is Sony Vaio on Screen Blue not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US Blue Screen on Sony Vaio erofflps txt The zip contains the minidump my friend recommend me to add for you guys to know more about the situation Please let me know if you guys can find the solution

A:Blue Screen on Sony Vaio

Hello, and Welcome

Those dumps point to atikmdag.sys which is part of your graphics driver. Uninstall your graphics driver and install the latest version.

What is the model number of the Sony?

What is the graphics chipset used. RIght click Computer > Properties. Click Windows Experience Index link in the middle of the window. Click "View and Print Detailed Performance and System Informtion" Middle Right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565966/blue-screen-on-sony-vaio/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Guys I have a Sony Vaio laptop model VGN-FJ Z W with a inch widescreen bought from PC World in January this year The problem is several fuzzy white lines running Sony problem Vaio screen across the top of the Sony Vaio screen problem screen The first is about an inch down from the top and is quite a distinct line with a sort of Sony Vaio screen problem fuzzy white running upwards about cm The second line is approx cm below this and is again a distinct white line I have only noticed this because the screen background has been white up until I changed it the other day If I set the desktop to none and change the colour to black or red for example I can t see the lines for some reason If I choose brown or grey as a background colour they show up quite a lot Do you think the screen on this laptop is faulty As I say it only becomes noticeable when the background is showing particular colours so I can live with it but I m concerned that it may be a problem which needs sorting whilst the computer is under warranty If I open a window minimised with the same colour of background say grey and click on this window and move it up towards the top of the screen the lines do not disappear behind it but show in front of it if that is any help Alex nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-screen-problem.491692/
Relevancy 85.14%

I noticed two nites ago that there was a black spot in the lower left corner of my screen, where the "start" is. I touched it, and the thing was blazing hot in the whole lower left hand corner area!

My hubby took it down to my shop and blew it out with the air compresser.

It still got hot and had the black spot.

After one full day of that, I turned it on this morning and it has been okay.

The fan didn't seem to be running yesterday, but is this morning.

I don't really see how the fan would cool the outside of the screen, though, one way or the other.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Sony Vaio PCG 2A2M All in One from about 4 years ago. The screen has died on me and I can not see a way of attaching an external display.
Any ideas?

A:Sony Vaio All in One screen broken

There should be a second Sony model number on the computer, Sony likes to have two models for their systems and one of them is generally pretty useless.

Is there a VGA, DVI, or HDMI port on the computer? If not then you are out of luck unless you replace the screen. Are you sure its the screen and not something else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-all-in-one-screen-broken.1110363/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Sony VAIO E series laptop with Windows 10 installed. Yesterday, while using the laptop, it hung and I waited for a while for it to get back to normal. When it didn't, I pressed the power off button and it shut down. When I restarted the laptop, the power LED lit up and after 20-30 seconds the fan started working as well. But the screen was blank. Just like when the laptop is turned off. I've tried every troubleshooting tips.
Could anyone please tell me what can be the issue ?? Is the motherboard dead ?

A:Sony VAIO blank screen.

it maybe the motherboard , graphics card, screen

Remove the power adapter
Remove the Battery
Now hold the on/off button , on, for 60 seconds

now put the power adapter back on (not the battery yet) - will it start up and work now

If so
Shutdown
put the battery in
and restart as normal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-blank-screen.1167603/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all - Someone gave me a Sony PCG- E L that has screen problems I m not sure if I need to replace the LCD Screen Washed Out VAIO Sony - and if I do I m Sony VAIO Screen Washed Out not sure what type of LCD to get When I first received this computer things looked bad The lower part of the monitor was obscured by flickering white horizontal bands Those lines seem to have gone away for now at least but the entire monitor is very washed out particularly in the lower portion The lack of contrast Sony VAIO Screen Washed Out makes it difficult to utilize some programs Furthermore objects like the mouse leave a temporary ghost trail when in motion What is the most likely problem here Everything works fine on an external monitor I see that there are eBay sellers offering PCGs for parts or quot PCG screens for - That s more than I d like to put into this old machine Any suggestions Can I buy a screen not explicitly labeled quot PCG- E L quot If so what type do I need Thanks for any assistance you can provide nbsp

A:Sony VAIO Screen Washed Out

I read today that white lines typically indicate major problems (ie. not the lamp, cables, or inverter). Anyone have any advice???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-screen-washed-out.576327/
Relevancy 85.14%

Where can I get a good deal on a replacement screen for my sony vaio PCG-CX1

A:Sony Vaio Pcg-cx1 Cracked Screen

is that a monitor?

Try here
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=6420299

I bought one 1 1/2 months ago.. $99 plus shg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcg-cx1-cracked-screen.63408/
Relevancy 85.14%

I replaced my sony vaio lcd screen because it was cracked. The backlight was working when it was cracked but when i put the new one on it didnt. if you hold a flashlight to the screen you can see it is working, but not the backlight. both the inverter and the screen are new so i dont have any idea what it could be. Could it be the lid switch? a fuse? or the plug that plugs into the lcd screen. if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcg61313l-lcd-screen.1030174/
Relevancy 85.14%

Edited to add Model: Vaio VGN-SR29XN
Hi,
My Sony Vaio is about 4 years old, running Windows Vista Business,and Office 2010. It usually lives on a side table, but when I want to use it I move it to the arm of the couch. Recently about 4 times, when I move it, the screen just freezes, and stays locked. Mouse won't move. Ctrl Alt Del doesn't work. When I force it off with the power button, and select "restart normally", it works fine.
I'm worried that some day it just won't restart.
I would appreciate some suggestions as to cause, and what I can do to prevent it freezing please ?
Thanks, Niall

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Sony Vaio all-in-one destop with a dim screen, I can barely see what's there, if I put it to sleep and then come back the screen lights up for about 5 seconds and then goes dim again. Tried restarting but it does the same thing, just looking for some suggestions, it's out of warranty.

A:Sony Vaio all-in-one destop with dim screen

Are there in buttons or tabs on the monitor itself? Even if it's an all in one setup there should be. Look for the brighness tab/setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256796-sony-vaio-all-one-destop-dim-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello
I bought Sony Laptop VAIO laptop in Jan 2012. right after one week, i start getting Blue screen. i call Sony tech support and they said i can send the laptop and they will check.. but look like its a software issue... can some one pl. help before i send it back to Sony for repair.

Here is my Spec

Its Windows 7 home Premium, service pack 1, 64 bit.
- the original installed OS on the system?
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 2 month
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 month

A:Sony VAIO Laptop Blue Screen - Please Help

I see you have Norton.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218554-sony-vaio-laptop-blue-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Screen keeps screen Sony freezing keeps Vaio Solved: freezing not sure if it would be considered a crash because the hard drive activity light will keep blinking When it freezes the mouse doesn t Solved: Sony Vaio screen keeps freezing move and I can t input anything in the keyboard doesn t show on screen I am still able to turn off the display with the quot display off quot button and the num lock caps lock scroll lock lights can still be turned on off I ve tried restoring the hard drive and reinstalling the OS but I m not able to get far due to the freezing problem This is the third time this has happened The two previous times I have been able to restore everything but this time Solved: Sony Vaio screen keeps freezing i cannot During the restoration reformatting process the screen froze but I pressed enter when the hard drive stopped spinning and it was able to complete the reformatting and restart by itself The freezing problem however still exists I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out Dave nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Sony Vaio all-in-one desktop model LS25E. It used to crash occasionally, but has been working great for a year or more now. Until yesterday. A driver message came up and then the computer shut down. I rebooted and after a short period of time it shut down again. It did this about 5 times and then it just wouldn't boot back up. I did a hardware check, and it said the hardware was fine. I did a system restore and it said it completed the restore and would restart, but it only restarted to the point of showing me a blank screen. Now, if I turn off the computer and restart it, it shows the opening Vaio logo, then the microsoft bar scrolling on the bottom, then a blank screen and that's it. No matter how long I leave it, it never shows anything else. Please help! Thank you!

Relevancy 84.28%

Hey,

well the problem with the screen is that when i turn on my laptop it comes up with the sony vaio logo and then just turns off, however my computer sounds to boot as normal??

I am completly puzzled does any one have any help they can offer?

By the way i'm running on:

512mb RAM
ATI Graphics card
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz

The monitor is 15" TFT Active Matrix with a max resolution of 1027x768

A:Sony Vaio Pcgfr28-5m Screen Problems

Exactly what does it do, when you boot up?
Do you get the POST beep (Single beep,) indicating that the motherboard and processor pass the built in test?
Do all the fans come on, and the drive lights flash?
Does it just sit there , or does it continue like it is loading windows, with drives flashing etc, just no video?

If no lights at all, probably power supply.
If lights flash and fans spin, but no beep and then it just clicks off, or sits there with no drive activity, then probably processor, or maybe motherboard.
If lights flash, fans spin, single beep, and then the hard drive keeps flashing, probably dead video.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92805/sony-vaio-pcgfr28-5m-screen-problems/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a sony vaio pcg-k115b, and it works fine 99% of the time, but sometimes it crashes quite spectacularly. The screen freezes for a moment and then streaks downwards, and then fades slowly to a white/light gray with dim spots. As far as i can tell, there is no softwae that causes it, it just happens. Has anyone got any ideas about this and maybe how to sort it out?

Thanks in advance

Jules

A:Sony Vaio Crashes to a Gray Screen

JJ,

This is absolutely positutely the strangest thing I have heard in I don't know how long! I've got no clue....at least I'm honest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-crashes-to-a-gray-screen.321533/
Relevancy 84.28%

As soon as I turn on this sony vaio it has a white screen with black dots or black blotches around. Over time it just has dark stripes going down the white screen.

- I've hooked it up using a VGA connection and pressed the Function key combo to no avail.

If the screen isn't showing up on an external monitor, would that indicate that it is a motherboard issue rather than LCD issue? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-white-screen-with-blotches.1019631/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi!
I could not find any thread similar to my problem so please help!

I have a sony vaio laptop with the nr VGN-NR31Z that i upgraded to windows 7 x64 around a week ago. And it worked without any problems. A few days ago while I was using the computer the screen started to blinck a few times and then it completley turned black.
Now when i start the computer I can see a light is going on and I can hear from the sounds that the computer is booting normally.
I have tried to do all the things that i can do such as using onother ram to se i it is a ram problem and i have used a flash light to se if I can se anying but nothing is visible.

Any suggestions on what it can be and how i can fix it?
Thanks

A:Sony vaio VGN-NR31Z screen problem

hi,

the RAM isn't the problem if your pc is booting normally and you hear Windows sound.. If you tried all, the possibilities are 2:

- laptop's screen is broken
- laptop's GPU is broken

to test what is broken, try to connect your laptop to an external display. If it works, your GPU is fine and your laptop's screen should be the problem...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/261533-sony-vaio-vgn-nr31z-screen-problem.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hey guys, I just upgraded my laptop from Win Vista to win7 home. I am having a problem with screen resolution.

I tried to manually go to nVidia and intel to install the drivers with no luck. I tried downloading the drivers for win 7, and as advised by other forums, download the driver for win vista... still no luck

I have two option in resolutions, 1024x768 and 800x600

Laptop: Sony Vaio VGN-SZ430N
Graphics Processor / Vendor: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 / Intel GMA 950 TurboCache supporting 128MB
Windows 7 *32 bit

Just came back from Bestbuy, and the guys over at Geek squad did everything that I basically did yesterday. he told me to file a request to make a driver for my laptop , and that sony vaio laptops werent put together right for win 7

anyways, if anyone could help me with the resolution for my Vaio it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
SiFO

A:Sony Vaio and Win7 screen resolution

Did you try running Windows Update and downloading the driver there? Usually they provide one that will work...

-Bill

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/49722-sony-vaio-win7-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi

Would anyone know where to obtain another screen for this laptop. The original is cracked

New or Second hand....

Thanks

Mike

Relevancy 84.28%

When I turned my computer on tonite, what appears to be the original default Sony Vaio desktop and screensaver came up. Very strange! And with only possibly one tenth of the desktop icons. I went to the internet and it looks like it may be an original home page screen - possibly a default. What could have happened for it to revert like this? I looked to the C drive and found my previously set files for the desktop, but they did not come up? How do I get back to my original desktop????? Possibly some update occurred at bootup and changed everything back to default???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booted-up-and-a-default-sony-vaio-screen-came-up-438050.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I keep getting this screen almost daily. What should I do to fix that??

A:I have Sony Vaio Vpceh18fa. I always get a blue screen. what should ?

Hello . please post a dump file for the BSOD crew to see what is causing the bsod pls: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD[2]=Performance%20Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/357512-i-have-sony-vaio-vpceh18fa-i-always-get-blue-screen-what-should.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Heres the story....i would try to go in safe mode and such but my laptops screen is cracked meaning im using a monitor and it doesnt show until it gets to the screen where you choose your user.

I need this fixed badly if theres any way anyone can help me please im desperate.

I have extremely important files on that PC. My job requires those files back. and now i feel im screwed and im scared it all lost forever.

Please,,,any advice? or anything to do? If needed ill post a video of what i mean but its only a stock sony vaio nothing fancy. Please guys im not tech smart and i apollogize for sounding stupid but understand..

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

A:Sony Vaio Stuck on welcoming screen, with no way to help?

It is normal that a laptop won't use an external monitor in pre-OS environment. You won't lose files because of this. However, you should be backing up your user/data files when everything is running normal, because it may not be so tomorrow!

See Notebook screen busted, display refuses to work pre-OS : techsupport

Edit: Some laptops do have such a feature but it is normally a premium one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/374453-sony-vaio-stuck-welcoming-screen-no-way-help.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Sony Laptop Model PCG-993L. When I go to the control panel in Win
XP and click on Display. Then click and drag the finger from 1024 x 768 to 800 x 600, the display only takes up to 2/3 of the full screen. If I click on the
Max button on the programs display screen it doen't increase it but maybe an eighth of an inch. How can I get this thing to use the full screen in the 800 x 600 mode?

A:screen resolutions on a Sony Vaio Laptop

There are useally two ways:
One is a visit to the BIOS screen an look for something like "stretch" or "expand" in the video section.
The other is that there should be a <Fn> key on the keyboard that if used in combination with the correct funtion key will do it dynamically,

EDIT
By the way, it wil look awefull.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolutions-on-a-sony-vaio-laptop.238408/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-Z56GG laptop and the screen is very faint.

It still displays stuff on the screen like post screen,bios and desktop, but it's so faint I cant make out the detail.

I tried setting the brightness to max.

If I plug another monitor in to the laptop i can see it on the other monitor fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Sony Vaio VGN-Z56GG screen problem.

Either your inverter or backlight has gone, you can refer to the manual as to how to open up the laptop and change this if you're comfortable with that, or you can take it to a shop to have it replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgn-z56gg-screen-problem.1099347/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi guys Firstly I would like to apologise incase I am repeating what other people have discussed in the past but please have a quick read and post your thoughts on my situation Any replies would be greatly appreciated I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR E and it s about year old About a week ago I turned on the laptop to find that the LCD display was distorted On the Windows startup pages it looks like there are tiny coloured and blurred dots across the whole screen Then once I log on and the desktop loads up there are several vertical lines covering the whole display they appear green On Firefox Internet Explorer google for example there are multiple pink lines It seems these lines show up most on a white background just like the Google background I connected an (vertical Damaged lines) Vaio Screen LCD Sony external Samsung quot LCD to the laptop via a VGA cable and on this external Damaged Sony Vaio LCD Screen (vertical lines) monitor the display was fine just how it should be Using duelscreens the display on laptop was still distorted with lines whereas on the external monitor it was fine Next I replaced the laptop s LCD the motherboard to LCD cable and the inverter However I still have the same problem with the distortion and vertical lines Im now completely out of ideas and baffled to what could be the problem Any help or advice is much appreciated guys Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/damaged-sony-vaio-lcd-screen-vertical-lines.876855/
Relevancy 83.42%

My sony vaio was on and I had AIM up, also with an away message. I had been away from my laptop for about an hour. When I came back my laptop was frozen. I tried task manager with no success. I ended up having to hold down the power button until it turned off. I waited a few minutes and tried powering it back on. It powers on fine, goes to the vaio screen and then gets stuck on the black windows xp screen with the loading bar right underneath, still moving. I tired turning it off and letting it sit for awhile. I tired taking the battery out and powering it with just the power cord. It does go into safe mode with no problems but I'm not too familiar with using safe mode. I'll take and try any suggestions. I'm pretty much lost without it right now. Thanks!

A:sony vaio stuck on windows xp loading screen

Run a hard drive diagnostic by downloading the appropriate utility from the hard drive manufacturer's website or try the hitachi drive fitness test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-stuck-on-windows-xp-loading-screen-349809.html
Relevancy 83.42%

►Sony Vaio Desktop Model: PCV-C31L with a Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition.

►The computer Starts just fine It login and it shows the Background on my desktop then as soon as the shortcuts start popping up, the screen goes completely white and the only thing that I can see is the mouse cursor but I can't do nothing it just moves around ....

-Then when I shutoff the computer from the tower button the white screen goes away and I can see my computer Desktop just fine and I can click a few programs before it shots-down.

► I had try Safe Mode but it just keeps looping and reboots the Machine...
The only thing that works is the Safe Mode with Command prompt and the only thing that shows is the Command Prompt Window... and I don't know what command to type... Please Help..!!!

A:Sony Vaio Desktop White Screen Freeze

In Safe Mode with Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Check Disk will go through 5 stages, it may take a while.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-desktop-white-screen-freeze-716905.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi - I wounder if anybody can help.

My daughter has been given a Sony Vaio laptop (faulty) and it will not load past the Splash Screen.

I can sometimes get into the BIOS by hitting the Esc key and it will sometimes load the Windows screen but then freezes at that point.

Anybody any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks
Francis

A:Laptop frozen at splash screen (Sony Vaio)

Can you disable the splash screen in the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-frozen-at-splash-screen-sony-vaio.151188/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey people got my dad s Sony VAIO and erm when i press the on button i get a blank blue screen no bios no vaio logo zilch so i done various things including ATX Reset Taking battery and ac adaptor off holding button for secs and starting uo Fail Reseating the RAM and ATX again Fail Reseating HDD Fail I just thought i d do it but i knew it would do nothing lol Replacing RAM and ATX Fail Clean fans with Duster just incase its overheating fail point failed because I managed to get to Sony - Blank BSOD HELP! Screen Blue NOT VAIO BIOS into windows and you know tried to recover the computer Factory Reset as soon as it restarted Blue Screen again and well it started a few times and then problem kept coming back and still does Any tips tricks solutions maybe All help appreciated Lots of love too all Personally think its the MOBO or graphics card which are on their way out or already out lol nbsp

A:Sony VAIO Blank Blue Screen NOT BSOD - HELP!

What is the model # of the computer.
50% fail sounds like you have memory problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-blank-blue-screen-not-bsod-help.1053980/
Relevancy 83.42%

My Wife's Sony Vaio notebook running Win 8.1,
now hangs at the login screen.  
Screen slow to appear from boot,
finally paints the login screen correctly, with her personalized photo, her name, and a rotating cursor.
but IO is not functional, mouse pad won't make the cursor move around the screen
rotating "circle" will rotate about 10 seconds, 
then quickly flash the input bar and we think it says "password hints", but disappears after 1/2 second, 
back to rotating cursor circle.  This repeats over and over.
Can only hard shut down.

This is first time it has ever done this. 
Last night, she was complaining of slow internet, but the rest of our laptops were normal speed.

You guys have saved me on other computers, including my own.
Any suggestions?
 Thanks in advance

A:Sony Vaio Notebook Win 8.1 hangs at login screen,

Try to restore your laptop for ealier time. May be you install some software reently who coems with malware and threast so avois recent install software check them all that you also have any browser new searc tool bar etc..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581461/sony-vaio-notebook-win-81-hangs-at-login-screen/
Relevancy 83.42%

I was given an old Sony Vaio laptop running Win2000 pro, and I can't figure out how to adjust brightness...where the heck would these settings be?

anyone know? thanks!

Relevancy 83.42%

Good Morning!

I have the following problem laptop:

Sony Vaio
Windows XP Home Edition

Here is what happens: I hit the power button. The Vaio screen comes up like normal then gose to a black screen with blinking curser at the top left corner. I have tried clicking different F- function button but response.

Also See a youtube video i posted to see what happens

Any ideas? Suggestions?

If you need any more information please let me know!

Thanks!

AJ

A:Sony vaio-will not boot past 1st load screen

What model of Vaio, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476533/sony-vaio-will-not-boot-past-1st-load-screen/
Relevancy 83.42%

After my laptop (Sony Vaio PCG 6L1L running windows XP) is reactivated from sleep mode, the screen brightness automatically goes to a very dim setting. If I increase the brightness, it automatically returns to that dim setting after a few seconds. The problem goes away if I reboot the computer. I have heard that a fix is available. Can anyone help?
Thank you.

A:Sony Vaio PCG 6L1L screen brightness problem

I have the same problem, anyone know what's up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcg-6l1l-screen-brightness-problem.604567/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I am usually one which is good with computers and can fix problems VAIO Solved: dead PCG-FR102, screen? Sony - but this one has me stumped Mum borrowed a Sony VAIO PCG-FR picture here and it was working fine Then she spilt a substantial amount of wine over the keyboard and possibly into the speaker holes After a great deal of time I managed to clean it and get it working ok only with a slightly damaged monitor Now the tricky bit a week after the wine incident the computer suddenly stops booting At first I thought it was a battery issue but plugging the AC adapter doesn t help Also tried plugging in an external monitor - as there were signs that the built in one was on its last few days Yet this doesn t help Currently when I power on the laptop the screen displays nothing but the following things happen Power light turns green Caps lock scroll lock num lock etc lights flash once Sounds like the CD drive spins a couple of times then falls silent Fan starts Hard drive makes hard drive sounds Then nothing just the odd hard drive sound This list seems like everything is running as it should Just without the screen Although I did try a definitely working external monitor but to no avail Could it be that the laptop will not output to the monitor until Windows has loaded and logged in If so would the laptop output to an external monitor if I managed to load up the BIOS If I managed to boot it into a Linux live CD Solved: Sony VAIO PCG-FR102, dead screen? would an external monitor work then Or does it sound like the laptop is just dead Thanks if anyone can help Ollie EDIT It may be worth noting that the keyboard stopped working since the incident and almost any key pressed would create a W in notepad And occasionally on boot up when it was working it would print an error saying a key is stuck before Windows was loaded EDIT Ok it seems to have just made itself work Ran down the battery plugged it in and it started working again Strange nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-pcg-fr102-dead-screen.947984/
Relevancy 83.42%

yah, i am working on a guys computer for him, and the screen was normal before i formatted and reinstalled xp, and now its just slightly dimmer, its not damaged or anything, just a shade or two darker, and kind of annoying, i checked under the screen saver/power settings and nothing there. the laptops new enough where it doesent have any sliders on the side of the screen to dim and brighten it. the owner told me when he first got it, it was dim like this, and he just played with it for awhile and it got bright again. i have tried everything i know and i cant figure out why its dim now. any ideas? is there a setting somewhere in the bios or anywhere else i missed? thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 82.56%

I am having a problem with games like Bookworm, Bejeweled 2 not displaying in full screen on my Sony Vaio laptop. They work fine on my other computers. They used to display full screen before I had to use my restoration disks which formatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything that originally came with my computer. Also I am always running low on disk space. I have a C and D drive but everything is on my C drive. How do I put things on my D drive. I appreciate any help any of you can give me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-displaying-games-in-full-screen-on-sony-vaio.679660/
Relevancy 82.56%

win7- 64bit on Sony VPCEE31FX Vaio a couple years old.
using external Dell monitor successfully for a couple years.
Starting today, I get blackouts, about 2 seconds duration, maybe 2 per hour, and each time I get a Desktop Windows Manager alert in the Task Bar.
When I click View Problem Details, I get event: APPCRASH and Application Name: DWM.exe.

I did some searching and found a suggestion to run a SFC scan to check for any corrupted files. I did and it found no difficulties.

Today I also had two Blue-Screens come up. The messages stay up maybe 15 seconds, so I couldn't copy much. First one suggested running Memory Check, which I would do if I could find it. I searched my computer and found no Memory Check. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and found no memory errors.

The second one said System Service Exception.

Not sure what to try next...........

-Chuck N.

A:Sony Vaio laptop screen-blackouts and blue-screens

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479963/sony-vaio-laptop-screen-blackouts-and-blue-screens/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a 4 year old Sony Vaio. Recently I installed an Adobe Acrobat Update which automatically downloaded McAfee Anti Virus. I de-installed that and the laptop wouldn't turn off subsequently so I did a successful start-up repair.

Since the start-up repair the keyboard cursor is intermittently jumping all over the place. It is not confined to any particularly key on the keyboard:- it will jump back a sentence; it will highlight a sentence; it will delete something by jumping to the undo button.

I have not had this problem before. I really do not want to use a mouse as I prefer the touchpad

A:Sony Vaio - Keyboard cursor moving all over screen after repair

Do a System Restore to a point before the problem began, if necessary from System Recovery Options on the Win7 disk or System Repair Disk

If this is the original factory install then I'd seriously consider doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 since the factory install is the worst possible install of Win7 one can have, larded with bloatware and duplicate utilities which interfere with better versions built into Win7.

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware especially turning off all Startup items in msconfig except your AV which ideally should be one of the free lightweight ones like MSE or free Panda.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350519-sony-vaio-keyboard-cursor-moving-all-over-screen-after-repair.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi folks somebody recommended this forum to me as it helped them out Here s hoping you might be able to do the same for me I have a month old Sony Vaio VGN- FE H and it went out of warranty on December nd Unfortunately it also seemed to die a month later in January of this year whilst I was months pregnant with my first child bah Fast-forward to many Computer - Sony Blue Vaio My Boot Is Dead? On Screen months of online technical support later which has basically been a sham as they just keep on closing my queries and trying to SELL me the recovery discs that Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead? I feel should have been included with my initial purchase I have done a little searching online and somebody with the same issue or at least a very similar one bought the recovery Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead? discs and they didn t actually work anyway I cannot even access Windows or operate the computer in safe mode the Sony Vaio logo appears then a BLUE SCREEN message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down in order to prevent Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead? any damage to your computer Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disc defragmentation or backup utilites Check your hard drive configuration and check for updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your comp x x fe xf cc c xf cc xf fc ntfs sys - address fc base at f datestamp eeaI ve tried to install a licensed copy of Windows belonging to my Brother and it just reached the actual installation bit and the same blue screen appears I can t seem to access anything via the function keys apart from F and I can t do sod all from there it appears I m currently on maternity leave so I don t have the money to shell out on repairing a relatively new computer that seems to have just given up through no fault of my own Does anybody have any suggestions How would I go about running this CHKDSK F and whatnot Would I need a boot disk I have seen some available for download but I m pretty clueless My computer has Windows XP installed MANY THANKS in advance PS I feel absolutely cheated by Sony btw I have been into their store and they treated me like an absolute imbecile and basically said it wasn t their problem and gave me the number for a helpline p per minute I appreciate it is out of warranty now but it was a mere months out of warranty when I first paid them a visit after just giving birth and they looked at me like I was expecting something for nothing I spent frigging notes on the thing A little bit of support and a nudge in the right direction wouldn t have gone amiss

A:Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead?

I am sure someone will be along with more ideas but to start you off,May one ask ; what antivirus program was on it and was it fully updated? Did you have Service Pack 2 installed??What kind of 'death did it apparently die?Did it suddenly play up or gradually and how?For what had the computer been used? When you press the F2 key what, if any, choices do you see and what happens if you attempt to select any of them?I guess you cannot even disable your Antivirus program?One wonders if it is infected or a hardware/software problem ( ps; Congratulations on your 'new arrival' I hope not too many sleepless nights for mum ? )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172710/sony-vaio-blue-screen-on-boot-is-my-computer-dead/
Relevancy 82.56%

Sony Vaio Desktop Model PCV-C L with a Windows XP Media Center Edition The computer Starts just fine It login and it shows the Background on my desktop then as soon as the shortcuts start popping up the screen goes completely white and the only thing that I can see is the Desktop Sony [SOLVED] White Vaio Freeze Screen mouse cursor but I can't do nothing it just moves around -Then when I shutoff the computer from the tower button the white screen goes away and I can see my computer Desktop just fine and I can click a few programs before it shots-down I had try Safe Mode but it just keeps looping and reboots the Machine The only thing that works is the Safe Mode with Command prompt and the only thing that shows is the [SOLVED] Sony Vaio Desktop White Screen Freeze Command Prompt Window and I don't know what command to type Please Help just for more information I'm a National Guard and the weekend that this happened I was in service and my Sister and my aunt were using it and they say that a Virus window pop up and it offer them to Run a Virus Scan and they click yes later on when the scan Stop a Big window pop up and it had Big Locks asking to purchase the anti virus they ignored that and a few days this start happening

A:[SOLVED] Sony Vaio Desktop White Screen Freeze

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Do you know exactly what date your machine became infected?

This procedure assumes you have a system restore point to before you were infected.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by doing the following: Restart your computer.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, start pressing the F8 key.
In some systems, this may be the F5 key.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press 'Enter'.
Login on your usual account that has administrative credentials.

At the command prompt cursor, type the following bolded command and press 'Enter':

%systemroot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Follow the prompts to restore to a point before you started having trouble.

Your machine should do a System Restore and will reboot.

Upon reboot, you should get the message 'Restoration Complete'. Let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-sony-vaio-desktop-white-screen-freeze-717449.html
Relevancy 81.7%

wen undocking my vaio notebook from docking station, I the screen crashes, shows blue with error message about bios updates-cannot finish reading as computer starts to reboot itself. Have installed bios update thru sony. Their solution was to wipe hard drive clean-that would be very involved. How can I find which software or program created this problem and remove it? Help!!!!!!

A:blue screen error on undocking sony vaio from docking station

Disable the reboot and post the error message.
http://www.winvistatips.com/disable-...estart-a84.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-error-on-undocking-sony-vaio-from-docking-station-315309.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Problem: My laptop crashes 8 times a day with a blue screen of death with the following message: A problem has been detected and Windows closed to prevent damage to your computer DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure
xxx STOP: 0x0000009F (0x00000003,0x87D2A030,0x82D22AF0,0x88A9FD30)

Details about my laptop are:

? OS - Windows 7
? x86 (32-bit)
? Age of system: 3 years
? Age of OS installation: 1 day (W7)
? CPU: Intell Core 2 Duo Processor T7200
? Video Card: Nvidea GeForce Go7600 with 256MB/Mo dedicated Video Memory
? MotherBoard: Sony Laptop Vaio VGN-AR21S
? Power Supply - brand & wattage: (Microsoft ACPI, Microsoft AC adapter, Microsoft Composite battery)

As requested by jcgriff2, I followed his instructions and added his requested information in a rar file (including performance monitor report and autoruns info).

please help me,
regards
skywalker2508

A:Blue Screen Of Death with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ FAILURE on Sony Vaio with Windows 7

Here is the attachment of all collected info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-with-driver_power_state_-failure-on-sony-vaio-with-windows-7-a-456853.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello.

Whenever I start up my laptop now, it immediately goes to black screen with a blinking "_". I've been able to boot into the Vaio diagnostic by holding F10 on start up. Through here, I've ran the hardware diagnostic and found no errors on the cpu or hard drive. I then reformatted and restored the factory settings through the diagnostic. The laptop still boots up to the black screen. I'm out of ideas, so hopefully some of you out there would be able to help me.

Sony Vaio VGN-FW510F
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 Processor
4GB DDR2 800MHz Memory
500GB Serial ATA 5400RPM Hard Drive, DVD±R/RW Optical Drive

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello, ive had this sony vaio fw560f since January and all of a sudden, when i turn it on, it goes past the vaio screen and stays at a black screen. Overnight, i try again, and it now gives me a "A disk read error occurred" i cant access safe mode or anything aside from bios settings, i cant insert a cd since the cd drive doesnt work (unrelated issue, i believe) and the only option is a usb bootable stick. I put ubuntu on a stick to try and remedy the disk, but it says i cant mount it, must run chkdsk in windows. but i cant get into windows. So if anybody has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated, if i just need to run chkdsk, is there a way i can do it with a usb stick? or anything else?

Thank you very much

A:Vaio Black screen/disk read error

Look around in this site:

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-black-screen-disk-read-error.943615/
Relevancy 78.26%

hi
this issue happened when i was just using my laptop to watch a movie. it just freezed some red lines were visible. then it restarted. n the red lines were there from vaio LOGO, BIOS settings. after windows logo the sreen goes black after abt 5 minutes i can hear the wndows sound. also i can log on to the computer by typing the password bt the screen is black. it sounds like its working.
so i used safe mode. in safe mode i can log on to windows still the red lines are there. in normal windows loading the screen in blank.

can anyone help me in this. thanx for ur efforts

A:black screen after windows logo. (VAIO VGNFE95HS - Win7)

Plug in an external monitor if possible. If the red lines are visible on that too, it rules out your laptop screen being faulty and is therefore likely to be a faulty GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) inside the laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-windows-logo-vaio-vgnfe95hs-win7-673720.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dell Vaio E series model VPCEB FM running Windows -bit It shut down after installing the July th Windows updates When I turned on my computer again the VAIO screen appeared it looked like the computer was starting to boot and then it went to black screen no cursor I tried tapping F and booting in safe mode same result Last known good configuration didn't help Startup Repair was unable to fix the computer I turned the computer off and booted with command prompt and the installation stalled on aswrvrt sys I use Avast and I think Avast updated the same day as the Windows updates I checked recovery options and restoring to a previous Win black screen 7 on stalls to Sony aswrvrt.sys point was not offered Hard drive tests showed no errors I Sony Win 7 stalls to black screen on aswrvrt.sys tried rebooting with a recovery disk first disk of created through a wizard when I first got the computer and was not able to boot to Windows Someone gave me Hiren's boot disk And I've been able to boot to mini WinXP with that I tried following Avast's uninstall instructions and it deleted files in the target folder but that doesn't change the boot problem I found information on Farbar and created a fix file to take out aswrvrt sys Now my computer boots to VAIO rescue which I guess is an improvement but it tries startup repair and then wants to do a system recovery I'd rather fix the existing installation if possible The only programs I've installed recently are Logitech setpoint and uberoptions which have been buggy but seemed to be playing nice for the past couple of weeks I also installed LogMeIn to help a friend pull photos out of their weird camera software but we hadn't found time to use it yet and the program hasn't seemed to disturb anything for the two weeks since install I'm tempted to take out the rest of the avast sys files with Farbar but I'm afraid of doing more damage than good I'd be grateful for any help you can give me in getting this system running again

A:Sony Win 7 stalls to black screen on aswrvrt.sys

Oh, forgot to include that Windows boot now stalls on aswVmm.sys, which is why I'm tempted to take out the rest of the avast sys files with Farbar.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501821/sony-win-7-stalls-to-black-screen-on-aswrvrtsys/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi All,

I am desperate to get my laptop up and running again.
Sony took 6 weeks to deliver recovery disks, but they do not work.
Basically, I wanted to upgrade my RAM and after changing the bars, my laptop did not turn on anymore.
I put the old back and it still would not work. I ordered new RAM, this time from KINGSTON. Still nothing.
Recovery disks as mentioned: nothing...

The laptop starts up, screen is black stays black, three solid green lights on top and one solid green light in front.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vgn-n320e-black-screen-wont-start-3-green-led.842055/
Relevancy 76.97%

My laptop (Sony Z series VPCZ112GX) has been having BSODs and sometimes just completely stopping with a black screen and some white flickers every couple of hours. It happens at anytime - when I'm playing a game, browsing the web, or just listening to music. There are no triggers that I can tell. (In fact, it just crashed when I was typing up this post)

My laptop shipped with W7 x64, and I've done a complete fresh reinstall of W7 x64 and reinstalled all drivers, but it still occurs.

Details of system:
CPU: Intel Core i5 520m 2.4ghz
Video Card: Sony Hybrid graphics with Intel Integrated and Nvidia 330m

My computer is only a month old.

Attached are all the BSOD collection files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Joel

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
I have a problem with my laptop lately. When I play games or watch youtube, it freezes. I thought it was the heat, so I took it to the service and did full cleanup and paste change. They said that all hardwares are looking fine, no physical damage, but laptop still crashes even when it's cold.Did malware and virus scan-clean, did triple ramtest check-clean, graphic overcloac test- no crashes. I went in safemode and opened 10 youtube videos and 3 games at once-works fine. Only suspicion left on my new battery charger because the old one died because of sudden electricity charge at my home so I bought some replacement "Europower XRT" model XRT90-190-47--SON. Here is my speccy.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qdhUybnNlcH3osUR4yWODOJ

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop Sony Vaio freezes

Wait until it freezes, then recover and then Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618151/laptop-sony-vaio-freezes/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a sony Vaio laptop that hangs on shutdown occasionally, and will occasionally totally freeze. Funny thing is I can use alt-Tab but I can't change programs.

I also had a couple of total reboots the other day, which I attribute to bad update with a .NET Framework update. Once I stopped running a program that was using my USB/Serial adapter, the laptop stopped rebooting itself.

I am running Win XP Media
PC Tools - Spyware Dr with Anti-Virus
PC Tools Performance Tools - Registry Cleaner (which seems to find registry issues constantly)

Thanks,
Randy

A:Sony Vaio - Hangs and freezes

.Net Framework would not be causing freezes and reboots. But your USB adapter might. Remove it and see if the problems still persist. Be sure to blow out all fans with compressed air and make sure laptop is well ventilated from the bottom. Just to eliminate overheating.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-hangs-and-freezes-582765.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I got a Sony Vaio that likes to freeze Sony completely freezes Vaio up within roughly - minutes of using it I've been able to install Malwarebytes and Avast as the complainant thinks it's a virus because it started happening a week ago Whenever I run Malwarebytes or Avast it Sony Vaio freezes completely locks up completely I tried diagnostics on the hard drive and it did't find anything other than I believe it was telling me I should do a defrag Computer freezes during analyzing process of defrag It would also freeze during boot-time scan from Avast And out of times if it was running decent and I need to properly shut down or restart it will freeze on shutting down splash screen Windows is up to date I found a forum stating to update the SATA drivers did that and now it just runs sluggish and eventually creates a snowball effect to where I have no choice but to force shut down It will do all these things in Safe Mode as well SPECS Sony Vaio VPCEE FX PCG- L Windows Home Premium SP -Bit AMD Athlon II Dual Core Processor GHz GB - RAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589058/sony-vaio-freezes-completely/
Relevancy 75.68%

hello everyone, im actually posting this problem for a friend of mine who is having a problem with his comp. When starting his comp it just hangs at the Sony logo and he cant get it past that. Cant get into bios after trying a number of keys. Any suggestions as to what it could be? im stumped since he cant get into bios or safe mode.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I have a vaio and it has had windows from new and just recently it has been freezing with no errors What happens when i turn it on it starts normally and freezes startup vaio after Sony loads windows then aftr about minute it locks up as if it is trying to open something The light on the laptop is solid orange as if it is busy doing something but Sony vaio freezes after startup if i open task manager it says cpu usage and the ram is using only gigs If i leave the computer on for - hours it will un freeze and be totally normal again It did it once at first and i removed the program that i thought was causing it and it didnt happen again for a few days until i updated windows I dont have any restores from when it was working good so what can i do to fix this Sony vaio freezes after startup Thanks Dan Windows home premium bit Service pack i ghz gig ram

A:Sony vaio freezes after startup

Also when it freezes the mouse and keyboard still work i can click on programs but if i do they either wont open or will take ages to open.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223885-sony-vaio-freezes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Our trusty ol laptop Sony Vaio VPCCW FD refuses to load windows home premium bit original install since purchase I get stuck right after the starting windows logo at a black screen with a moveable cursor Strange thing is that I can plug the hdmi output to the TV and I can move the cursor around on the tv as well and the display off on physical button also functions normally all the same in safe mode with without networking and normal This happened when I tried to optional update the Nvidia video card won't moveable cursor boot, windows laptop starting Vaio black after logo screen with through windows update by itself Mid-install it failed and displayed a message something like reverting to previous graphics controller and then reboot now later showed up and it has not boot up since I think it s just stuck mid-boot at the graphics driver part but I don t know how to fix it without doing a clean install which is last resort System restore seems to have lost all its restore points even though i remember seeing creating restore point in the beginning of the update and the recovery partition will only do a clean install - no repair options there either I then burned the win HP x iso and tried to do a repair options from disk with no results Vaio laptop won't boot, black screen with moveable cursor after starting windows logo Thinking back to the XP days I proceeded to try a non-destructive Vaio laptop won't boot, black screen with moveable cursor after starting windows logo install on top of existing OS from the disk but it then says that the upgrade can only be started from within a functional windows and the only option is custom install which wipes everything wtf talk about taking a step backwards Running out of options got windows PE to copy drive contents to external usb but many folders kept asking for passwords so then got an Ubuntu live dvd and everything is backed up and i can type this forum post now Did lots of reading over the past few weeks and tried many things from scanning hardware and memory fixing MBRs and other command prompt things and ended up here where I see people are getting back into windows using FRST and some great help from the Guys here Ran the FRST from usb and here s the txt it generated amp Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-H AGV on - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Skytel - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Skytel exe - - Realtek Semiconductor Corp HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run IAAnotif - C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run IntelliPoint - c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MSC - c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SmartWiHelper - C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe - - Sony Electronics Corporation HKLM-x Run ISBMgr exe - C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run APSDaemon... Read more

A:Vaio laptop won't boot, black screen with moveable cursor after starting windows logo

Hi have you fixed this issue or still require assistance??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-laptop-wont-boot-black-screen-with-moveable-cursor-after-starting-windows-logo.1122248/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi
How do I clean my Sony Vaio X-Black display? It has a lot of dust and smudges on it so I want to make sure that I do not scratch it.

Whats the best product to buy and how do I apply it?

Thanks

A:cleaning sony vaio x-black monitor

Use an old soft cotton T-shirt slightly repeat slightly dampened with plain water. do not use anything like Windex or glass plus on it. If the smudges are stubborn, you can mak a mixture of about 5 parts water to 1 part vinegar to dampen the cloth slightly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cleaning-sony-vaio-x-black-monitor.811390/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am having the exact same issue that Member WyteNyte had in May of last year His solved thread was titled quot Restore is freezing up during installation quot Member Mark ending up with a solution for his specific computer after having him utilize the program FRST It will definetly help to read that thread in order to better assist me gt http forums techguy org windows- -restore-freezing-up-during-installation html I am performing a full factory restore Vaio Sony during Win restore freezes factory 7 to get rid of Malware that has slowed everything down I have Sony Vaio Win 7 freezes during factory restore done the full restore multiple times and it always hangs up at Installing Microsoft Office which is a trial version that comes with the computer from the factory At some point an error message pops up saying the Restore cannot continue Because of this there are several programs from the factory that are not installed on my computer after this hiccup I have performed the same steps that helped WyteNyte solve his problem by using FRST to gather the information user Mark requested I will post my results from the scan on my computer hopefully someone can give me a similar fix for my specific model CPU which you can find in my profile Thanks All Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by ben administrator on BEN-VAIO on - - Running from C Users ben AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE Y MYHH Loaded Profiles ben Available profiles ben Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Sony Vaio Win 7 freezes during factory restore OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Sony Vaio Win 7 freezes during factory restore Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic ery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Realsil Microelectronics Inc C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x DDNi Oasis Service Oasis Service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run cAudioFilterAgent gt C Program Files Conexant cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe - - Conexant Systems Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh gt C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run IntelWireless gt C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe - - Intel R Corporation HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon gt C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com gws rd ss... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-win-7-freezes-during-factory-restore.1144165/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Vaio desktop, and when I leave it for a period of time and come back, it freezes up when i open a program and then does the microsoft error report thing and won't do anything. anyone have this problem or no what the heck is going on , its kind of annoying.

A:Sony Vaio Freezes up after not being used for awile .. anyone have this problem

I would try configuring the settings under power management in the control panel. Don't allow it to go into hibernation or shut down in any way on it's own. configure for never, never, never, never. uncheck the box that allows for hibernation and the box that prompts for a password upon wakening.

Also, check out blackviper website. Configure your Pc better by shutting off unessessary programs like the microsoft error reporting. Start-->run-->type in services.msc.

The blackviper website explains it all..............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-freezes-up-after-not-being-used-for-awile-anyone-have-this-problem.332507/
Relevancy 74.82%

My knowledge of computers is, at best, rudimentary, so please pardon any omissions. I have a Sony VAIO VPC EE2E1E which uses Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). Its ram is 3 GB; its HDD (SATA), 320 GB; its CPU, AMD Athlon II P320 (2.10 Ghz).

As of yesterday, it has been freezing randomly. The HDD light turns off and the keyboard, along with the touchpad, stops responding. If I'm listening to music, it repeats the same millisecond over and over. (It sounds like someone getting stangled with Auto-Tune). The screen stays on--as do the power and caps-lock lights.

Anyone have any idea what I should do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vpc-ee2e1e-freezes-randomly.1013204/
Relevancy 74.82%

I get the blue circle when my computer freezes. Then I get the black screen. The only way to shut down is to turn off power strip and then turn back on again. This happens multiple times.
Any suggestions?

A:black screen freezes

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532766/black-screen-freezes/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there I black. goes PC screen freezes, then m new here as you may have guessed I have a really weird problem or at least something I have not come to experience as of yet I usually put my computer in PC freezes, then screen goes black. standby mode but I give it a break once every two days or so and so I did A few hours later I turned the computer on again and everything was business as usual I was browsing the netz when suddenly the screen freezes then ten seconds later my monitor says No Signal and gets all black and stuff When I restarted there were some weird black lines on the Asus screen and other things and black AND yellow lines on the XP boot screen Just when the logon should have showed up my screen goes black P And the same thing happens every time until I booted into Safe Mode in which I am posting now Is this problem graphics card related monitor related or is there something wrong with my OS Can I solve the problem or do I have to buy a new graphics card monitor Thanks in advance guys -CakeDoer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-then-screen-goes-black.865864/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am having problems logging off in win xp
we have 3 users all do the same thing I have no idea whats going on
I have sp2 installed
does anyone know where I begin to look ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-log-off-freezes-pc.394480/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am running XP Pro, IE8 with SP3. This is a new install into a custom built computer. I was having a blue screen problem, and this disappeared, now after I've been using the computer for maybe 1 hr. or 5 hrs., no real pattern, it will freeze and within seconds, the screen goes black. The fans continue to run and I can push the small thin button on top of the handle (not the main power button) and it will reboot and run perfectly. I know this problem has been seen many times, and can be caused by a number of items, one being heat. I've run a heat test, and it appears everything is fine. Anyone who has seen this problem, and can possibly help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Relevancy 74.82%

hi my computer screen keeps going black and the computer freezes this started happening after i updated my video drivers.can ne thing be done about this?

A:screen goes black and freezes

Reboot, tap F8, try 'last know good configuration'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-and-freezes.593872/
Relevancy 73.96%

After weeks on a daily basis trying to solve the problem that i will describe here i'm asking for your help Win7 - x64 Vaio randomly VPCF13LOE freezes Sony to find a solution I have a Sony Vaio VPCF LOE with Windows x professional instaled Windows Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly quot freezes quot randomly Sometimes i work with my laptop all day long and nothing happens sometimes it freezes each fifteen minutes or so I reinstalled win recently so the computer doesn't have much software to cause conflicts but the drivers Mesures unsuccessfull already taken Hard Drive diagnostic test ok result Ram diagnostic test ok result In Safe Mode the computer performs normally not freezing so that tells me its not a hardware problem After instalation he froze I rebooted the laptop and went to the device manager and noticed drivers for wireless - The driver for Atheros i installed after i profiled the hardware - The native generic driver of Win for for the wireless board - The Win driver for virtual wifi dont know what that is Thinking in a driver conflict i uninstalled the native generic driver of Win for for the wireless board and the Win driver for virtual wifi I rebooted the laptop and after minutes it froze again Before freezing i noticed that the native generic driver of Win for for the wireless board was successfully uninstalled but the Win driver for virtual wifi was there again this Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly time with the - like this Win driver for virtual wifi I rebooted the Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly computer unistalled the Win driver for virtual wifi and rebooted again I went back to the Device manager and saw Win driver for virtual wifi After a while the computer froze again Not being a hardware problem i bought a new disk and new memory ram chips Still Freezes It's not an overheating issue also Conclusion It seems to me that there might be a incompatibility issue between some Win service and the laptop or a drivers conflict If it's a Win service thing I cannot identify on the Event Log what service is creating the freezes Is there some way to see what services are loaded in normal boot and what are loaded in Safe Mode I appretiate any suggestions answers and solutions anyone might give Thanks in Advance

A:Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly

Hi freribeiro,

Sounds like a malfunctioning graphics card, but we'll explore other possibilities.

Please can you go to: Start > Type: Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System - Then scroll down to the 'event time' when the freeze occured then screenshot the events before and after it.

Thanks

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372398-sony-vaio-vpcf13loe-win7-x64-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Help me please!

Well, I push the power button on the modem and it's fine... right after the screen does the Windows XP with the loading bar at the bottom screen it turns black and I even left it on for like 10 minutes and it still wont work. I also tried to start windows in SAFE MODE and LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION plus many others, but it wont work. I still have valuable information in the computer so, I want to try to keep "reboot" out of the answers...

Please help me!

A:Computer Freezes at Black Screen

Have you recently downloaded the "Service Pack 3" from Microsoft?

It would have showed-up as a little reminder in your task bar stating that "updates are ready to be installed" every time you turn your machine on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-at-black-screen.754116/
Relevancy 73.96%

System only freezes up after playing either WOW or Warhammer for about 5 minutes. Sometimes you hear sound continuing while screen is black. Sometimes the sound will make a repetitious stuttering type of duh-duh-duh-duh sound. The only way to continue is to do a hard reboot (push the button).
Thank you for help.
DXDIAG file is too long to post, so it is attached.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

Im having problems with my computer which is most likely affected by virus...
I now cannot boot my computer on it goes to login screen and when i try to click on user computer starts to freeze or it just gives black screen when i boot n freezess...
I tried to boot to safe mode but still no luck it doesnt work. somehow the safemode option does not appear..

Therefore i cant post hjackthis log yet ;\

Kind of dont know what to do now ? is there anything i could do to avoid reinstalling window ?

btw this is not same computer as my previous history.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-gives-black-screen-and-freezes.925869/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone I have a Fujitsu and black goes everything screen Laptop freezes Siemens Laptop screen goes black and everything freezes SA laptop and I am experiencing the following problem First of all my touchpad had stopped working so i took the laptop to the service provider and they changed the touchpad I am refering this so as to mention that they opened the laptop After that i noticed that randomly and rarely my laptop screen goes black not total black because i see a white Laptop screen goes black and everything freezes light into the black and the pc freezes completely I have to press the power button in order to turn off the computer and when i turn it on its ok for a few hours untill it freezes again If I have an mp playing the music stops when the screen goes black so the pc freezes completely The CPU temperature is normal around Laptop screen goes black and everything freezes C This happenes no matter what i am doing My laptop is still under guarantee so the cost will not be a problem but i im asking here in order to know what the problem might be Did they do something wrong at the service while opening the laptop Thank you in advance

A:Laptop screen goes black and everything freezes

Welcome

Can you tell us what antivirus are you using?

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: (1) Click on the Start
(2) Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
(3) When it opens, go to File, Save
(4) Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
(5) Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
(6) Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
(7) Upload the .zip file here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261100-laptop-screen-goes-black-everything-freezes.html
Relevancy 73.96%

It if very annoying because I am trying to do shit and then my screen will freeze for a few seconds, then go black for a few second, then flashes a couple times, and then starts to work again. the entire process takes about 15 to 20 seconds. The error message that comes up says

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 295.73 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I've tried re-installing the drivers for my card but it didn't work. I have an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 420.

A:My screen freezes then goes black every 5 minutes

When did this problem start?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/224807-my-screen-freezes-then-goes-black-every-5-minutes.html
Relevancy 73.96%

HiIm having problems with my computer which is most likely affected by virus...I now cannot boot my computer on it goes to login screen and when i try to click on user computer starts to freeze or it just gives black screen when i boot n freezess...I tried to boot to safe mode but still no luck it doesnt work. somehow the safemode option does not appear..Therefore i cant post hjackthis log yet ;\Kind of dont know what to do now ? is there anything i could do to avoid reinstalling window ?even tried reinstalling but doesnt seem to load cuz it also freezes n give black screen

A:Computer gives black screen and freezes

Hello there,Please try to follow the steps below. I will move this topic to the appropriate forum.Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps hereYour system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.Double-click on the OTLPE icon.Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OKOTL should now start.Press Run Scan to start the scan.When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txtCopy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this systemPlease post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320907/computer-gives-black-screen-and-freezes/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello guys I was death of Black by screen followed freezes wondering if anyone could help me out here My server has run without any problems for a couple of months but yesterday after a reboot i could not get my desktop server never got past the black screen before login and no mouse cursor was present just a black screen I tried using the built in repair functions in win only to completely ruin the install I then re-installed windows Black screen of death followed by freezes and server seemingly boots fine however the pc will completely freeze and a hard reset is needed to get it back up again I dont know Black screen of death followed by freezes what triggers the freeze but it did happen both times flexraid is run Only thing i have changed is i exchanged two bad WD EARS drives for new WD TB reds i already had of these drives and they work flawlessly All hardware more or less are brand new and have worked without a hickup for about weeks so why did it crap out now Any ideas on how i can see what is the cause of the freeze thank you

A:Black screen of death followed by freezes

If this is RAID then WIn7 doesn't much like RAID. Since before it was released we've seen nothing but RAID problems here. RAID also confers no advantages and in most cases isn't even redundant. So I'd reconsider RAID.

Otherwise work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289873-black-screen-death-followed-freezes.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Dear friends,
I am having problem with win7 Dual core processor it keep crashing, screen goes black , power stays on. If i boot the system next time on restart screen stays black, but if i press the power button once, i noticed that after a while computer shuts down and on restart it works fine for some times then repeat the above process.

Crash report is included in jpeg file.
Hop some one here could help.
Thank you

A:Win 7 freezes, black screen hence power is on

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334385-win-7-freezes-black-screen-hence-power.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello This issue has been for year now suddenly when i'm browsing or playing games the screen would freezes for sec then its goes black No signal on both of my monitors the pc would still be running and I can hear some voices like if i'm talking to someone on skype or teamspeak I'd have to force restart the pc after that I thought it's software issue so i formatted Screen goes randomly freezes then black! it and reinstalled windows back again but the issue still happens I'd be really grateful if anyone can help I'm Screen randomly freezes then it goes black! really thinking to build Screen randomly freezes then it goes black! new computer because of this PC spec CPU Intel Core i - K GPU ZOTAC GeForce GTX Ti AMP Extreme Edition MB ASUS Rampage IV Black-Edition RAM Kingston GB DDR MHz Storage SSD Samsung EVO Series GB amp HDD Seagate Barracuda TB PSU Enermax Platimax PLUS Platinum Watt Case Cooler Master HAF X Monitor Acer Predator XB HU bmiprz -Inch WQHD amp ASUS MX H -Inch Regards

A:Screen randomly freezes then it goes black!

Update your chipset, video, and Intel programs.If it persists, wait until it goes black again.As soon as you recovery from that, Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615620/screen-randomly-freezes-then-it-goes-black/
Relevancy 73.96%

My screen will freeze and it will go all torn, and the speakers play a loud noise, and I cant do anything. If I restart it its fine for awhile, sometimes minutes sometimes days. Sometimes it just goes straight to black and I have to do the same.

Im running a 5770 GPU and a Phenom II X4 965. Any ideas? im abit new to computers.

A:Screen freezes then tears, sometimes goes black

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freezes-then-tears-sometimes-goes-black-557230.html