Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

Q: Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000 that I am using. Sometimes the cursor just sticks and won't move properly and I can't figure out why. I am trying to use it about 10-12 feet from the tower where the receiver is plugged in. When I use the mouse about 2 feet from the receiver it works fine. I thought this mouse was suppose to cover a 30 foot distance. I also have the router right next to the mouse's wireless receiver and not sure if the 2.4 GHZ Frequency interferes. I have tried new batteries and downloading updated drivers, but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

You have pretty much determined its a distance issue. Distance can vary by the quality of the hardware and any interference within the room. Not too mention it's a notebook mouse, so the primary concern wasn't in achieving great distance.

Is the receiver out in the open?

I know on my computer case, the case extends out beyond the rear USB ports for the receiver and the mouse hardly worked 2 ft away. It worked fine when attached to the front panel of the case, but that wasn't conveinent so I used a USB extension cable to move the receiver under my desk over by the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse-with-patchy-performance.1069462/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello

System Specs:

HP/Compaq 8710p laptop
Windows XP SP3
Kaspersky Internet Security

Symptoms over past few months:

After using computer for many hours (8+) performance drastically degrades and the screen display eventually becomes patchy with text and graphics missing. At this point the computer is no longer functional and must be Shut Down. Sometimes a forced power off is required as it won't shut down normally.

After re-boot the computer is back to normal but the problem is consistent.

I occassionally get the "Blue Screen of Death" with reference to "nv4_disp.dll". This has happened approximately once every 3 months over the past year. Eventually I re-installed the Display driver but this hasn't changed the situation.

I have run Malwarebyte's Anti-malware and Kaspersky Anti-virus scans regularly.

Any ideas you have to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Becky

A:Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

Have you noticed the machine getting hot when the graphics errors occur? Download Speedfan (free app) and monitor your CPU and more importantly your GPU temperatures. Check your temps with the operating temps on the chip manufacturers site. If yours are getting too hot it would explain the slow performance and graphics errors.

To resolve first check your fan is running properly and the fan and heatsink are clean from dust/hair. Also consider cleaning off the old thermal paste and applying a high quality paste to the chips.

What is the BSOD error code?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/performance-degradation-and-video-display-becomes-patchy-470592.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Lately I have been having an annoying problem with my wireless mouse. For some reason the pointer will lag, and be very sluggish and jumpy. I've had this mouse on this computer for about a year and I've had no problem. Out of nowhere this problem is happening. I've tried re installing drivers with no luck. I tried uninstalling intellipoint and re-installing it, but when I tried I got the BSOD, and then it completely disabled my mouse and keyboard so I had to use wired peripherals to go in to safe mode and do a system restore. Now everything is working again, except my mouse is still jumpy.

Thanks for any help.

A:Annoying mouse lag - Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500

Erratic behaviour from wireless peripherals, especially keyboards and/or mice, particularly where they were working correctly before, generally points to a dying battery in the peripheral. Have you tried replacing it? If it is rechargeable, it may no longer be holding charge and will also need replacing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253795-annoying-mouse-lag-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-3500-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000 that I frequently carry around. I would like to try using it to play games, but it has serious issues. Outside of a game, the mouse works perfectly fine. In game, the mouse jerks around and stutters, making it utterly impossible to use. It does not occur with any wired USB mouses.

Relevancy 64.07%

I had to replace my keyboard after 3 1/2 yrs since the keys were sticking and the letters worn off. I bought the Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 Mouse with the wireless keyboard. It works great with one problem. If I enable "allow this device to bring computer out of Standby" for either the mouse or the keyboard, the computer never goes into a full standby. The fan is always running and so are some other parts of the computer. If I dont configure the mouse or keyboard that way, the computer will go into regular and complete standby but will need to be turned on with the power button to bring it out of standby. The Receiver is USB so Im thinking the reason the computer doesnt completly power down is due to the receiver needing to be active. Is there a work around or do I just stick with using the power button?

A:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and Wireless Comfort Keyboard

I'd stick with using the power button

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-laser-mouse-and-wireless-comfort-keyboard.466610/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie here so hi!

I wondered if anyone could help me, I just bought a Microsoft wireless mouse for my ASUS notebook as I have it connected to my tv via hdmi and wanted to be able to browse the net and control other things from my sofa rather than sitting on the floor! (as the hd cable is v short)

If Im using the mouse, how would I get the onscreen keyboard to stay onscreen so I can type? my laptop is touchscreen and the keyboard only pops up when I tap the screen.....

think I might have wasted my money!

A:Wireless Microsoft Mouse

You'll have to bear with me as I don't have a touch screen device and therefore don't use the on-screen keyboards, however do any of the following ways help?

1) Right click on the Taskbar at the bottom of the desktop, then go to Toolbars > Touch Keyboard. That will put an icon in the Taskbar, which you can click to toggle the on-screen keyboard.

2) From the start screen, type OSK, then click On-Screen Keyboard in the search results. This will launch an on-screen keyboard that will stay on screen until you close it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38332-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I cannot get my computer MS-XP,ComPAQ sr1110nx to see my new mouse. I have a wireless keyboard also and don't like the fingerpad to play games,
How can I get both to work? I had wireless mouse that worked fine before it didn't. For some reason it would not hold a charge and could not find anyone to sell me a new battery pak. (Gyration ULTRA GT)
Applebrandy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse.863779/
Relevancy 60.2%

I always have lag on my Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 and Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 850. My keyboard has absolutely no lag at all. My mouse on the other hand, fails to meet up with where I'm trying to point. It's as if it's getting to where I point,
but then just freezes, then darts across the screen. I play a lot of fast pace action games, so this is a huge problem for me. The USB for the combo is in the front port of my computer, and it's about 2 feet from the keyboard and about 3 and a half feet from
the mouse. I'm running Windows 10, and all drivers are up to date. I put brand new batteries in the mouse, but it still lags. Please help me!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7dd67634-67a5-4022-b0e3-6c635229b919/microsoft-wireless-desktop-800-mouse-lag?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 60.2%

well ive' got this wireless mouse and just wanted to know if other peeps with it have the same thing happen with their wireless M$ mouse. first,my mouse doesnt turn all the way off when my comp is shut down or its idle for a long time. the laser just blinks every half a second or so.is this normal? also,it scrolls kinda jerky when i use the weel on it.any one else have that prob? and just curiouse,how long will the batteries normaly last in this one.i just got it yesterday so i was just curious. the jerky scrolling gives me a headache when trying to scroll while reading and if i just didnt end up with a crappy one by bad luck,im taking it back and getting a logitech or something,screw moneysoft. thanks for the reply

A:2 Q's about microsoft's Wireless optical mouse 2.0

It's normal for the light to blink... It's jerky... The batteries don't last long... I gave mine away and bought a logitech MX and couldn't be happier. Microsoft Intellimouse stink.

The other best choices based on experience are:

Fellowes optigel optical wireless mouse, (better than logitech and Microsoft)

Gyration optical wireless mouse, The range is killer, and can be used in mid-air, but kinda odd feel when useing on a mousepad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-qs-about-microsofts-wireless-optical-mouse-2-0.185766/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have this great mouse and it works okay with the generic driver with Windows 7. However the software it came with lets you program the buttons and also see the power left in the batteries and the wireless strength.

If I install the software it came with the scrolling is not adjustable. It's way too slow. I can't deal with it because the scrolling is so slow but I want the extra capabilities the software has.

I have tried other USB ports for the signal-sender it comes with, replaced the batteries, cleaned the mouse, ect......

I think it has something to do with the software or maybe Windows 7. It works fine in Vista.

Has anyone seen this? Do you know what might fix it? All I need is to make it scroll faster. Is there something besides the registry I can do?
EDIT: HERE IS THE ANSWER FOR ANYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx

A:Microsoft wireless mouse 5000

The Wireless Mouse 5000 is advertised as working on a wide variety of surfaces. Unfortunately, on every surface (rubber mouse pad, gel mouse pad, plain paper, desktop surface, etc.) the mouse will function normally for a while and then the pointer becomes sluggish and unpredictable. I initially installed the IntelliType 7.1 software that came with the mouse and tried the fix suggested by MS, which is to uninstall the 7.1 and install the 8.01 version of the software for Windows 7.

The mouse exhibts the same problems with version 8.01 as with 7.1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11014-microsoft-wireless-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I purchased a Microsoft wireless desktop 700 a few weeks back. After installing Windows 7 64 bit, I had some trouble getting the wireless desktop started. However, I got it working after a few restarts.

For a few weeks the hardware worked just fine. since yesterday (i.e. 20-Jun-10) the wireless mouse is not working properly. The problem is:

1. The left click does not work
2. The right click works
3. the movement of the mouse is detected by windows

This happened after I got a message saying the drivers did not work properly. I don't understand what went wrong.

Anyway, I tried looking for the necessary drivers for this hardware on windows 7. I am not able to find the same online. The wireless set did not come with any CDs.

Please help. I have a legal copy of Windows 7. Do I need to reinstall the drivers from this. Can someone please guide me as I am a rookie.

Thanks,

A:Problem with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700

Try uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager. Then reboot, and let Windows automatically install drivers.

Can you test the mouse on another machine? That way, we can confirm it is not a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92610-problem-microsoft-wireless-mouse-700-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi
I would be very grateful for some help with the microsoft wireless mouse 3500.

I am running Vista 64 bit and have installed the intellipoint 8.2 driver.

The mouse takes quite a while to respond after startup and coming out of sleep mode. Usually about 30 seconds.

Is there a fix for this?

Look forward to a response

Regards, jess collie

A:Microsoft wireless mouse 3500

go to hardware and right click on the mouse, there will be able to set the mouse response time after waking etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-wireless-mouse-3500-a-702899.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I picked up a Microsoft Wireless Mouse Keyboard Combo Wireless Optical Mouse and on my old wooden desk it worked great I picked up a Z-Line Legacy Glass desk and ever since then the mouse is nothing but problems Since its a glass desk I bought a Mouse pad The pointer essentially jumps If I move the mouse fast the pointer Generally Problems Microsoft Wireless Mouse works If I'm going to click on a link or change a song adjust the volume etc The pointer will usually just stay in one spot then jump past what I was trying to do To solve this issue I've changed USB Ports Placed the receiver in multiple places Including next to the mouse on top of the desk a few feet away on the keyboard tray pressed the connect buttons on the mouse and receiver multiple times and changed the batteries On the other hand the keyboard works great with no issues The only things I can think of that can be the issue would be either the mouse pad is a piece of junk A black fellowes microban one or since the desk is glass and metal I'm Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems getting interference between the Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems mouse and sensor but I want to rule that out since the keyboard is working fine Any ideas on the issue I was going to try my wired mouse on the mouse pad to see if that helps the issue but I paid enough to have the wireless combo I don't want to loose it but can't deal with how unresponsive the mouse is Thanks in advance Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems

Hi temiller

It would be normal for the keyboard to operate normally given that the optics for the mouse is located at the bottom - with the glass desk and possibly the existing mouse-pad (which I'm hoping is not one of those with a shiny surface), the optical tracker would have a hard time trying to focus.
Try the mouse with a different mouse-pad - black mouse-pad would be ideal or better still, for now, try to use a dark piece of paper as your mouse-pad

Hope this helps and regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87339-microsoft-wireless-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I just got a brand new Microsoft wireless mouse. It jumps around on most webpages. It does not seem to have any way to recharge? It's also very slow, and it's next to impossible to focus it on something I want to click on.

A:Microsoft wireless mouse jumps around Please help!

Normally these work with a battery. Try putting a fresh one in.

Then Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6)
then Check for UPdates, install all Important and Optional updates which might include a newer driver that may have failed to autoload when you plugged it in, or possible patches to make hardware work better.

The drivers in Win7 are pretty dated due to no SP2 and it may not be set to connect to Windows Update to check.

If that fails try a different surface - on a pad, notebook, piece of paper of different colors.

If this fails, does it work correctly in another PC?

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367807-microsoft-wireless-mouse-jumps-around-please-help.html
Relevancy 60.2%

We had a wireless mouse on the computer that me daughter was using. She doesn't use it no more so I want to use the mouse. The problem I have is I cannot find the CD that came with it. Is there a way I can get this to work on my computer? Thanks for your time and help.

Danboy

Relevancy 60.2%

Is it unusual for a 3 month old wireless mouse to quit working?

I tried three different batteries and the light on the bottom still doesn't light up.

We hooked my son's mouse up and it works so I know it is not the pc.

I have already purchased another one as I didn't feel like going through the trouble of trying to return it to MS all for $39.99.

Relevancy 60.2%

I'm just wondering if the desktop sets that MS do come with one Receiver for the Mouse and Keyboard, or one each?
I only ask, because i was going to buy them separatly, but I don't think that MS do a wireless keyboad thats not part of the set?

Relevancy 60.2%

Does anyone else here use a wireless keyboard and mouse? My mouse died a couple days ago, so I was going to purchase a new wireless one. Well Bestbuy was sold out of every single wireless mouse except for the $90 ones. I looked over and saw this really nice looking Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for only $60. I said, heck with it. I bought it, and I love it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I bought the Microsoft "Basic Wireless Optical Desktop"

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

So does anyone else use a wireless keyboard/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.9946/
Relevancy 60.2%

Installed new key & mouse.Everything worked fine for couple of weeks. then key & mouse started freezing up about once an hour. Checked sending unit and now 2 lights showing instead of one. Installed new unit and single light is on and working good for a week, then started freezing again and 2 lights on the sender.Changed the sending unit with new one and after a period of thime same problem. Stumped !
IntelPentium4 3.20GHz 1.00GB of Ram, Win.XP Pro.
Kaspersky Pro Virus Scan.

Relevancy 60.2%

When we use our wireless Microsoft mouse, it does not let our computer go on standby. CAn you tell me why this is? And what I can do about it? I love havi ng a wireless mouse.

A:No standby with wireless Microsoft mouse

Go onto your settings, ( sleep mode ) and adjust your wake up settings... GL

P.S. and Welcome to SevenForums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80740-no-standby-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone,

I've been having problems with two of my Wireless Arc Mice from MS. It only occurs when using this computer.

The problem is.. When I use my mouse, sometimes it'll just stop taking input (moving the cursor) and it will take a bit before it'll start taking input again.

Now, I know its not the mouse itself as it did this with my other Arc Mouse, and it doesn't happen when I'm booted Linux.

So.. anyone have any suggestions? I've tried just using the standard HID_Compliant Mouse driver, and the driver provided by Microsoft via IntelliPoint. No differences with either.

A:Microsoft Wireless Arc Mouse problems

same problem here. Mouse stutters and freezes and so on...
Unusable

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85887-microsoft-wireless-arc-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I just ran my Microsoft Windows Update a couple of days ago which included Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center). I think this is the culprit causing my problems. Now both my mousepad on my laptop and my mouse are active at the same time and I am unable to uninstall or turn off the mousepad. I've tried uninstall two different ways and neither worked after restarting and shutting down as per instructions. It is driving me crazy because it is extremely hard to type as the cursor will jump on the page and insert my typed letters into the wrong place. I have to get it uninstalled! Typing this is a nightmare and I am not dragging my thumbs on the pad or touching it in anyway. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-microsoft-usb-dual-receiver-wireless-keyboard-mouse-update.1089853/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm using Windows vista 32bit on a Dell Studio 15 laptop. I have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500. I have plugged the nano receiver into my USB port and installed the driver but the mouse does not work at all. It does not respond if I move my mouse or click on any buttons. I have bluetooth enabled on my laptop but there is no button on the mouse or nano receiver to sync it to the laptop. I've searched and searched on the internet to try and find an answer but I can't see anything. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 help.

"installed the driver but the mouse does not work at all"

The 3500 mouse does not need a driver installing, it's built into Windows.
You are probably referring to the "Intellipoint" software which is required only for the magnifier function & is optional.

"I have bluetooth enabled on my laptop but there is no button on the mouse or nano receiver to sync it to the laptop"

The 3500 doesn't use Bluetooth technology. It's wireless but not Bluetooth.
No "sync" button is provided as it syncs automatically with the nano-receiver.
Turn Bluetooth off as it may be interfering with the mouse.

One last check, there's an on/off slider on the base of the mouse, plus it needs two batteries of course.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-3500-help-568729.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi People, very simple question. Maybe I could get an answer to my question that I should had asked when I was buying. This wireless mouse uses two "AA" batteries or rechargeable batteries. Question: What about turning it off for the night or whenever I leave my computer? So that I don?t change them every two-three days. Thank you for your help with such a stupid question.

A:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000

The mouse should go into a low power mode so it doesn't use that much battery power.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188848-microsoft-wireless-laser-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just bought a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combination. The KB is model 800 and the mouse is model 1000. I just noticed, in Device Manage, both are shown as HID Compliant and I wonder why the don't show up as Microsoft devices. Should I be concerned?

Thank you.

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse -- Hid compliant

Hello jsquareg,

USB human interface device class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311891-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-mouse-hid-compliant.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just wore out the rubber of the wheel on my wireless Microsoft Mouse. Where do I get a new Microsoft Wireless Mouse? It came with a wireless keyboard & dongle, but I just need the new mouse.

A:I just wore out the rubber on my wireless Microsoft Mouse

I wasn't sure which kind you wanted, so I found this:

https://www.google.com/search?client...mouse&tbm=shop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41953-i-just-wore-out-rubber-my-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My brother received a wireless keyboard and mouse and asked me to install it tomorrow, i dont have one and never installed one. All i know is it is made by microsoft, he is running XP
Is it difficult to install

Thank you

Dan

A:Solved: Microsoft Wireless keyboard and Mouse

Nope, real easy. I have a Logitech set, and all it took was plugging it in to a USB port (mine has a 'base station' for the wireless mouse which is also the receiver etc), and installing the drivers. Then once installed, press the 'connect' button on bottom of mouse and kb. Yours is probably very similar.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse.529277/
Relevancy 59.77%

About 25% of the time my wireless Laser Mouse 5000 is not recognized on bootup with the RC.  I had the same problem with the Beta.  The only way to get my mouse to function is to reboot. I have installed the Beta mouse driver, but the problem persists. This is a 64 bit system (hardware & OS).  The mouse properties consistently reports good battery & wireless signal.  This problem never occurs with my XP X64 on the same dual-booting machine.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a830f3a-966f-43de-8279-efbcfa342ca9/wireless-microsoft-mouse-intermittantly-not-recognized?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a dell laptop w/Windows 7 and for some reason this morning my wireless mouse is not working. The error message is that the computer is not detecting a mouse, however when I tried to re-install the software it says it can't download because there is already a later version.

I just did a defrag on Friday because the keyboard started acting up---there was a delay or it would not sense the keystroke at all. I put in a new battery, what else should I be looking at? Thanks for the help!!!!

A:MicroSoft 4000 Wireless Mouse Not Working

Is the transmitter properly seated and working? Did you put the battery in correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-4000-wireless-mouse-not-working.1035402/
Relevancy 59.77%

I ve had a DELL laptop for awhile and have long since had problem optical notebook Microsoft wireless mouse with the sporadic mysterious quot scrolling mouse quot SO far as I have learned it is a known problem without a TRUE fix thus I use an alternate mouse months ago I began using a Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse And its been GREAT However weeks ago it stopped working or I should say connecting Changed batteries no help Seems to work sporadically it will connect sometime and then I ll later get the error quot USB device not recognized One of the USB devices to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it quot It then ceases to work Other times this message appears once I plug it in On the M support site is says to ensure that the hidparse sys hidclass sys and hid one I forgot sys files are in the appropriate folder done I ve searched other forums about this and didn t see a good fix for this Anyone with any thoughts THanks in advance nbsp Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse

A:Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse

The "USB device has malfunctioned" error suggests to me that it's a hardware error in the mouse, and time for a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-notebook-optical-mouse.447367/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everybody I know its been a while since I have last posted in the forums but I am having an issue with my wireless mouse in which everytime I plug it into my laptop it says USB Device Not Recognized and I have no idea on how to fix it or why Microsoft Mouse Working Wireless Not 1000 it is popping up like this I have searched everytwhere for a solution and not getting nowhere and I went into Windows Update to see if I was missing drivers or software for the device and that didn't do any good because nothing showed up there Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Not Working I even tried to connect this device to another computer and got nowhere so then I decided to come here in hopes Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Not Working of somebody who might be able to help me figure this problem out because I am going to have to start using it because the left click button on my touchpad is not working as good as it did when I first bought the laptop thanks for the help

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Not Working

Hi if mouse did not eo t k on another computer then I would say mouse is fualty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389454-microsoft-wireless-mouse-1000-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When i first upgraded to windows 10, the mouse was fine.  I really liked how when i clicked in the wheel button i was able to scroll through all the applications i had open.  I recently factory reset my notebook to improve performance and these settings are now gone.  I went to the hp website and installed all the drivers under the keyboard, mouse, and input devices tab but nothing has changed.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse and nothing has changed.  I went to the device manager and tried updating the mouse driver and it is all up to date.  i really would like that function back please!

A:microsoft wireless mouse wheel settings windows 10

Hi!, @OceanicBlue10: Welcome, to Forum !. See, this link ... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/mouse-touchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab0... Too ... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04648748  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/microsoft-wireless-mouse-wheel-settings-windows-10/td-p/5599736
Relevancy 58.91%

i recently got a new wireless Microsoft keyboard Mouse combo The mouse is too large for my hand I do a lot of Photoshop and my hand is killing me so I tried to install my old Logitec comfortable mouse No go I downloaded the newest Vista bit drivers for both The Microsoft keyboard has a stick-type USB The Logitec mouse has a little USB thingie that sits on the desk Only one of them will work at a time I've tried every configuration I can think of and can't get them both to work at the same time The thing is when I got this new computer with Vista they both worked together fine until I installed a new video card Now they won't play nice together at all The mouse hangs once in a while and akthough I have set it to be as precise as it can be it isn't My Wacom tablet mouse won't work either or I would be happy using that Any ideas would be greatly appreciated LyndaB

A:How to hook up a Microsoft wireless keyboard with Logitec mouse

Originally Posted by LyndaB

i recently got a new wireless Microsoft keyboard/Mouse combo. The mouse is too large for my hand. I do a lot of Photoshop and my hand is killing me, so I tried to install my old Logitec (comfortable) mouse. No go..
I downloaded the newest Vista 64 bit drivers for both. The Microsoft keyboard has a stick-type USB. The Logitec mouse has a little USB thingie that sits on the desk. Only one of them will work at a time.I've tried every configuration I can think of and can't get them both to work at the same time. The thing is, when I got this new computer (with Vista) they both worked together fine..until I installed a new video card. Now they won't play nice together at all.The mouse hangs once in a while and akthough I have set it to be as precise as it can be..it isn't.
My Wacom tablet mouse won't work either, or I would be happy using that.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..
LyndaB

For your Logitech mouse DONT use the microsoft driver,just download and install the driver from the:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/su...oads/&cl=us,en
Advice:live some space between the resievers,especially if they are not a bluetooth is better to put them high for better signal.You can use a usb external cable.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/206771-how-hook-up-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-logitec-mouse.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hmmm. Can't believe what you read nowadays anymore. I bought a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 to replace an ailing optical laser mouse that's on its last legs, and on the package it said that one "AA" battery would last for one entire year without replacing. What it meant was, it would have took until the next spring before it's time to replace the battery.

Apparently, the mouse doesn't think like that, it appears, and when I was looking down at it, there was a red warning light indicating that the single battery had already been exhausted from use. Between surfing the web and playing some Team Fortress 2 now and then this is more than just a "mobile" mouse.

A:Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Low Battery Already?

I have never use that mouse but the first thing I would do is try another battery. Make a note of the date installed and go from their. At the present time I have 4 Microsoft battery powered mice with no problems. Many years ago I did have a Microsoft mouse that eat batteries like a puppy eating pork chops. I just through the dam thing away but you might be able to RMA yours. I have been reading reviews and most people complain about is it gets hot with heavy use. I really don't know how that could happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240385-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-4000-low-battery-already.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I got this USB mouse for Christmas so it s about months old I haven t had a problem with it until this evening -- it suddenly just stopped working It s not Mouse Optical 3000 Wireless Microsoft issue the battery because the red Microsoft Optical Wireless Mouse 3000 issue optical light thing is still lighting and whatnot when I move the mouse The cursor is just not moving when I move it and the buttons aren t working I ve tried using the touchpad to hover the pointer over a link and then click with the Microsoft mouse -- nothing I restarted the computer and it worked again for maybe or minutes and then stopped again I don t like using my laptop s touchpad if I can avoid it I prefer a standard mouse Updating the drivers doesn t help and I ve also gone through the troubleshoot process which also didn t work I downloaded and installed the IntelliPoint software recommended by Microsoft which also did nothing Apparently this is an issue with Microsoft mice because there s a page on the Microsoft support website to fix the problem http support microsoft com kb en-us I ve gone through this process twice and each time the same thing happens -- it works for to minutes and then stops working I ve had to go back with System Restore both times because the instructions tell me to disable my touchpad as well which leaves me with no functioning pointing device until the System Restore fixes it I ve tried restoring back to about a week ago long before the problem occured and that didn t help either Microsoft won t give me any additional support beyond the page I listed above at least not without charging me which is ridiculous -- that s more than my mom paid for the mouse so I m trying to fix with problem without having to deal with Microsoft I don t know much about computers I ve done everything I can think of on my own so I need some external help Any help at all would be much appreciated I miss being able to use my mouse nbsp

A:Microsoft Optical Wireless Mouse 3000 issue

Do you have your computer times set?, (i.e., hdd set to go to sleep, hibernation?)...Let us know, Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-optical-wireless-mouse-3000-issue.688443/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,

After installing win 8 I have found that my (Microsoft branded!!) wireless 3500 mouse no longer works. I have installed the wireless mouse and keyboard software, but it is still as dead as as a dodo.

To answer some questions that are bound to come up- yes, I have checked the batteries. Yes, the mouse's blue light is on. yes, I have tried each of the three different usb ports.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/12868-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-3500-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently been searching through some of my old things in my storage room and I stumble upon the microsoft wireless Optical Mouse. I then took the mouse and plugged it into my computer. However, i can't get the computer to respond to the mouse. I move the mouse around but it doesn't move the cursor on the screen. Is there any drivers that I can download to get the mouse to work? I've been searching for a driver but I'm not exactly the best internet searcher. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it alot.

Relevancy 58.91%

when i plug mouse in everything works fine.But when i restart my computer it freezes up on the intro screen.So i unplug wireless mouse and plug wired mouse up and computer starts up fine. Help me please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-wireless-optical-mouse-2000-troubles-192884.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Please understand that I am a simple person who wanted to buy a simple product that I thought would simply work I'm not an IT expert and I have no idea what to do when things don't work as expected So I brought a bluetooth mouse of Microsoft brand just to make sure I didn't have any issues after having already purchased three separate mice from three separate retailers of which NONE worked Comfort Wireless Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse Disconnecting From Microsoft Keeps I plug it in it's working fine then it stops nbsp I turn it off and on again it works for about another minutes then it turns off again This happens constantly I am just continually turning off and on the stupid mouse instead of just being able to go about my business nbsp It comes back to Microsoft Wireless Sculpt Comfort Mouse Keeps Disconnecting From Bluetooth life quite slowly nbsp In summary it's a major pain in the ass nbsp I've looked at a few google results but the advise seems extremely difficult to follow because a I have nfi which version of Windows I'm running and b none of the menus which are referenced in the instructions seem to relate to my computer and I cannot find any of these stupid menus or whatever Can anyone tell me if this is a simple fixable problem and how to simply fix it or should I return the mouse because it's faulty nbsp I mean is this going to be an ongoing problem or what Any help would be appreciated but please keep it REALLY simple nbsp Ps It just died AGAIN

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5f9c46a-6f5e-41fe-a029-710ebca2f5b1/microsoft-wireless-sculpt-comfort-mouse-keeps-disconnecting-from-bluetooth?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,
Does anyone know why a Microsoft wireless mouse / keyboard combo. would cause a computer to be very slow booting up? By slow, I mean many, many minutes. I think the wireless receiver says it's version 2.1 This is a friends computer, and I don't have it in front of me right now. It is a newer computer, with XP so there isn't a problem with it being short on memory, or processor speed.
Thanks!

A:Microsoft wireless mouse / keyboard combo causes very slow boot.

Have you tried ps2 mouse and keyboard and are saying it is slow with the wireless setting ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-wireless-mouse-keyboard-combo-causes-very-slow-boot-146796.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am about to do a clean installation of Windows XP-Home Edition and am using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse. Until now, the receiver for these has been connected via USB, but having read other posts surrounding this subject, I have now connected via PS2 and everything is working OK.

I think that I should now be able to complete the installation without any trouble from the keyboard or mouse and that Windows will "recognise" them in the same way as wired items.

Am I correct here, or would the recommendation be to go down the "wired" route until the installation is complete ?

A:Solved: XP - Clean Installation. Microsoft wireless keyboard and Optical mouse.

I recently installed XP using the same rig, also connected to the PS/2 socket. It went fine, no sweat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-clean-installation-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-and-optical-mouse.442902/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hope I don't have to buy a new set right now, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I am a huge fan of the right-click function of the mouse.

Yesterday morning, it was working fine, but later in the day the right-click action quit working. No response at all. The left button, wheel, and other buttons are working fine. I use the right button a lot, did I say A LOT? Mainly for cut-and-paste (at least it was, yesterday.)
Keyboard is working fine, also. Batteries are good. Signal is good. I suspect I wore the little guy out.

Suggestions? or, recommendations for replacement. I like the "comfort keyboard" in this set. The curvature is not as pronounced as the earlier Microsoft Natural keyboards. Not split in the middle.

Thanks for listening to me whine. BTW, running Windows XP Home, in case that matters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-desktop-6000-mouse-right-click-stopped-working.678349/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently bought a new Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse bundle and ever since I installed it my screen saver stopped workin. I've tried everything in terms of changing delay times, enableing 7 diabling it etc, nothing seems to help.

I am running Xp SP2 and the keyboard & mause are: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition.

any similar experiences?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-saver-stopped-working-when-i-bought-a-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-mouse.497294/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm sure a lot of people have this problem, and it's seriously killing me.

I don't normally notice it, but any time a game is loading or a song or video is buffering...it just stops. I know this is likely due to a short screwup in my connection.

What I don't know is why my internet bounces offline, then back on or how to fix it. I'm hoping I just need to put filters on all my phone jacks, which will be done shortly.

Please help, as I have run out of reliable sources.

I also have a wireless router, if that makes a difference.

A:Patchy connection

If you are using DSL and don't have filters on ALL the phone equipment EXCEPT the DSL modem, that's an obvious first step!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patchy-connection.788417/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone Colours patchy, or (like 256) 16-bit this is my first post on Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) sevenforums Was on vistax Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) and switched to Win just about a week back The switch from Vista to was pretty easy unlike XP to Vista Now for my problem I was using a D-sub VGA cable to connect my graphics card to my display BIG Geforce GT to Bravia KLV- V A The cable was cheap and of poor quality I guess it had interference issues If they are of relevence i will post it later But now i changed to a DVI-D Dual Link - HDMI cable The Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) problems i had with the other cable are gone But now the colour gradients are not displayed properly Its like how you would see it in a -bit or colours display A patch of one shade then a patch of the next and not a gradual change It is not as noticable as mode but it is noticable Even on the login screen it can be observed What could be wrong I would be grateful for any help Thank you Adding some details Eg The blue on either side of this page has horizontal patches in the area that the gradation occurs My resolution x colour depth -bit Refresh rate Hz NVIDIA drivers downloaded just a week back I'm uploading two pictures The first desktop is just a simulation ie i saved the picture in colours just to show an exaggerated example of my problem The second i created a new black image and used a gradient tool I can see diagonal patches but im not sure if others will see it

A:Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256)

Is my problem that difficult or am i violating any forum rules?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107870-colours-patchy-like-16-bit-256-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there What I mean by a patchy internet is I could disconnect from the internet for like mins and then come back on this could happen like times in a hour or times Now my household is a medium to heavy user s of the internet Me I rely on a good internet as I play poker for a living and also I like to play the PS so it s frustrating when the internet becomes patchy We have like devices that will use the modem most of them connect through wireless No one really streams anything or downloads music movies etc etc We recently changed ISP when we was with Patchy Internet our old ISP we never had any major problems like this We are also using the same router that we bought any help would be great Thanks in advance If you Patchy Internet have a question about anything post and I will get back to you as soon as I know the answer nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all I have installed a Win Ultimate RTM trial on my pc and connected it to my Internode NakedADSL Ultra net connection It is an Patchy streaming video flash Mbit connection with cat cables and when downloading a Patchy flash video streaming test file from Internode's servers pulls about kB s I have noticed ever since running that youtube and other video streaming sites including facebook collegehumour etc that the buffering is very patchy It does not seem to matter if it is a flash or vimeo or any other kind of video streaming Often times I will be watching a video and the progress bar will catch up with the buffering and simply stop buffering Then when I try to re-watch the video the already buffered material is in the cache and that is all that loads Patchy flash video streaming It does not continue buffering from where it stopped Very annoying I also have a machine with XP which buffers much quicker and with minimal interruptions Can anyone help with this and has anyone noticed the same thing

A:Patchy flash video streaming

Delete and/or wipe your Temporary Internet Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28081-patchy-flash-video-streaming.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am using a ASROCK Z Video Patchy Display? have and I Random BSD Pro Intel Socket with an Intel Core i K GB of I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display? DDR RAM ADATA GB SSD My brother wanted me to test his GPU NVIDIA GeForce TI and this is when my system started to go hay wire I Tested my PSU That passed my system tester I then used my MOBO Tester no error codes to be worried about I am just questioning either the RAM or the CPU I am now using Intel's onboard GPU and is now doing the same thing as before It has crashed Windows Pro like almost once a day now It crashes with the white lines going across the screen distorting the display When I power cycle it comes back normal and I can use it The day I took out the NVIDIA TI I had my system crashed with a tone of beeps Stupid me never listened to the beeps code and it started fine after I cleared CMOS by removing the BIOS Battery I still had those lines show up I thought it was a virus as my system was running slower than normal and had a BSD with Security Check Error Message The next boot up I had an issue with a MemCheck Error But these BSD where with the GPU and not Onboard Since I took it out I haven't had any BSD My brother has that same NVIDIA GeForce TI Gard in his computer and it works fine and no errors Just wondering why I have to reset the BIOS to defaults every once in a while too I will be running my Memory tester as well to see if it may be bad RAM But something isn't running right My Power Source is a battery backup power supply and every once in a while it shows in windows that the battery is charging as my Power Strip has the USB Cable that connects to the computer and will shut down the computer if it lost power Perhaps this could be what wrong with it too One other question is there a software to test the SSD Performance Perhaps this could be the cause too

A:I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).
Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.
If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598793/i-have-random-bsd-and-patchy-video-display/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I ve got an issue with connecting this PC via my wireless router to the internet It is a patchy issue that works at times and at others gives the messages quot Windows can t communicate with the device or resource Primary DNS Server quot and quot DNS server not responding quot I ve followed the three - issue Win with 7, DNS patchy server communicate can't steps recommended here Method does after some time seem to enable the Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue internet to connect but it seems to last a short while then revert to the error messages posted above This DNS error also happens on every startup and regularly thereafter I ve tried disabling firewalls antivirus etc and running malwarebytes spotbot ccleaner avast and adaware scans to no avail On occasion Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue when using the windows troubleshoot problems on the network toolbar it resets my network adapter and tells me the problem is solved Alternate times I do this it just provides the DNS server error above Due to the tempramental nature of this I ve been unable to resolve it completely but all other devices have no issues with connecting via the router so it s definitely a problem with this machine I have attached my ipconfig all file My system info is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V PRO Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Disabled All help gratefully appreciated Apologies if I ve missed anything important Edit I ve tried powering down the router modem and PC for a while then restarting it all but it didn t help I am also unable to start my PC in safe mode as the video driver doesn t run so the monitor goes black - this may be a limiting factor in my investigation nbsp

A:Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

we will go over old ground i'm afraid here

1) you have zonealarm, as a virus product do you also have the firewall - make sure you remove all firewalls an use the removal tools - give us a list of what has ever been on the pc and we can give the tools address

2) have you gone to the manufactures website and updated the driver or actually re-installed the driver

3) quite a few things to try below
a) tcp/ip reset
b) ping tests - please do all three - would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
c) Change DNS servers and see if that resolves the issue
d) Uninstall the driver and re-install
e) Post an xirrus screen shot
f) Have you looked into channel interference - the xirrus screen shot will help with that
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the co... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-communicate-with-dns-server-patchy-issue.1129505/
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse the Notebook mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center I have my PC ran to a monitor and a inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc The problem is the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but with mouse. 5000 Notebook Bluetooth Microsoft Issues Mouse issues I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw didn't come with the mouse the mouse actually comes with no dongle Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse go into bluetooth devices delete it and readd it all over again WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol It's very annoying I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing Help

A:Issues with Bluetooth mouse. Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000

Quote: Originally Posted by kdogg

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, the Notebook 5000 mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center.

I have my PC ran to a monitor and a 55 inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc. The problem is, the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC. I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but issues.

I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw, didn't come with the mouse, the mouse actually comes with no dongle.

Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse, go into bluetooth devices, delete it and readd it all over again.

WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol?

It's very annoying, I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse.

I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing.

Help?

It's your dongle. I have the same mouse and it works absolutely fine. I'll bet you have the USB option set to power the dongle down when unused. How's the radio in the mouse supposed to wake up a sleeping dongle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107627-issues-bluetooth-mouse-microsoft-notebook-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys. I have windows updates set to manual. Yesterday i checked for updates  and found more that 10 important updates. I selected all for installing. I recieved two _80070103  error
messages for  "Microsoft - Pointing Drawing - Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse" and "Microsoft - Keyboard, Other hardware - Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard" updates. I looked at update history and found out 8 similiar update failures !
 I have windows 8.1 and i use wireless keyboard and mouse.  Shall i just unistall that failed updates or it might affect my mouse and keyboard performance? Thank you!

A:microsoft - pointing drawing - microsoft hardware usb mouse download fail.

Hi Alona,
If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that might be less compatible than one you already have installed.

So, if you did not encounter any performance issue about mouse and keyboard before, you can hide these updates and don't install them again.
Best regards,Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]
Niko Cheng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69751a1f-a0fd-4f5b-9c67-2e711db766c0/microsoft-pointing-drawing-microsoft-hardware-usb-mouse-download-fail?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just got a Performance MX mouse to replace my MX that had a strange quirk of doing a double click when only clicking once It didn't do it on every click but it started to do it quite often which was a pain when selecting a bunch of files to be moved and when you click on one and it does the double click action all the selected files will start to open I really love the shape and feel of the MX and it is very different in feel to the Performance MX but the shape grows on you after using it for a bit Most people won't buy one since it is a bit pricey locally and around online Overall I am impressed with it Oh and it only cost me Did an RMA with Logitech for the MX for an MX and asked if I could pay the difference for the Performance MX which they agreed to

A:Logitech Performance MX Mouse

Hi Zepher,
Just couple of ideas, you probably already checked..
Sounds like mouse setting issue and if not it must be the driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81482-logitech-performance-mx-mouse.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My mouse has decided not to work with certain types of links including, Ancestry, sites within Rightmove ( willnot increase size of photos), Tesco (will not select grocery items from lisy etc Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/variable-mouse-performance.1114041/
Relevancy 48.16%

I use a wireless mouse, my pointer isn't moving as quick as I am moving the mouse.. Kind of like when the lips in a movie clip isn't matching up with the audio. Anyway, I have done nothing yet. Should I look to change the batteries? Did that about 3 months ago. I wouldn't think they would be bad, but stranger things have happened I guess. What else should I try? The pad is clean. RonT22.

Relevancy 48.16%

I got a wireless mouse Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse | Posturite. It is supposed to use generic windows 2.4 Ghz adapter. However, windows 7 is unable to find any drivers. The screenshot of device manager is appended. I tried various other ways e.g. take out other USB devices, reboot etc. I tried sfc /scannow . But the error persists. There is no usb.inf file in the C:\Windows . It works in Windows 8 machine but not in windows 7. other 2.4 Ghz mice work. The manufacturer says that they don't provide the drivers because the mouse uses generic drivers
Please advise what can be done.

A:2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard mouse driver not found (Penguin mouse)

Did you do a Search of the Windows Folder including subFolders and hidden Files? My Win7Ult has several such files but only 2 that are usb.inf only in subFolders of Windows, others have longer names but most appear to be associated with my AMD CPU/Gigabyte Motherboard setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341712-2-4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-mouse-driver-not-found-penguin-mouse.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

A:Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27993-logitech-wireless-mouse-crazy-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a customer who swears up and down that of the time during the day when he is working the left click function of his mouse does not work To make this even stranger it only occurs in the upper right hand corner of the Mouse Issue Weird Left Mouse Wireless - Click screen when trying to close applications or minimize Weird Mouse Left Click Issue - Wireless Mouse I have not been able to reliably duplicate although I have had it happen to me but I do not sit in front of the computer all day Weird Mouse Left Click Issue - Wireless Mouse either He has a Logitech wireless mouse which I have updated the drivers for We also tried new batteries At this time we are trying a standard corded Microsoft Mouse to see if that solves his issue I will post back in a few days if that resolves the issue Has anyone else ever heard of this issue have a solution I told him to drink after work not before not sure if that will help or not Any input would be appreciated Thanks John nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-mouse-left-click-issue-wireless-mouse.789696/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am still experiencing system freezes possibly triggered by mouse movement Still reading a lot here but asking for KB freezes MS & BSOD, &reboots possibly mouse mouse wireless new after help New zip attached as Whiskey a grr system froze while typing here and moved mouse I have tried system repair sfc scannow to no effect All drivers just checked Below type in italics is the original post Been experiencing some BSODs mouse freezes and reboots Reading lots here in the forum thanks and trying to understand what is happening and why Read 'before posting in BSOD, mouse freezes &reboots possibly after new MS wireless KB & mouse the BSOD forum' and hope I got it right I got a new MS wireless KB amp mouse for Christmas and I can't be sure but I think problems started about then I reverted to the old wired ones and problems still evident I really think I experienced a mouse freeze in safe mode New Samsung SSD a while ago and bit OS amp will provide any info that may help I have been searching reading to no good and looking for help please I was reading about PC freezing up and discovered Event Viewer screen attached In event viewer see lots of errors and warnings that I don't think are quite right and not at all sure if they are causing BSODs WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start Module Path C Windows system Rtlihvs dll Error Code I initially tried Malwarebyte and AVG software but no improvements I tried Driver Verifier and got a BSOD but don't seem to have a dmp file so will continue reading here and please let me know if you need other info

A:BSOD, mouse freezes &reboots possibly after new MS wireless KB & mouse

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800858c028, b2000040, 800}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Start by completely uninstalling AVG and replacing with MSE.

If system still BSOD's after change, then please follow this:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317902-bsod-mouse-freezes-reboots-possibly-after-new-ms-wireless-kb-mouse.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have an acer aspire V3-772G-7448, I just bought it about 5 or 6 months ago.

Basic specs:
Intel Core i7 4712MQ (2.30GHz)
8GB Memory 1TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 4GB GDDR3
1920 x 1080

This just happened this morning, after about 20-30 minutes my mouse starts stuttering and games where I would normally be fine running have a lot of lag that comes in pulses, not constant but about as often as my mouse stutters, every couple of seconds. At first I thought it was overheating but this seems to happen regardless of temperature. I looked up some solutions and at one point changed my it to boot with 4 processors, and it seemed to help for a bit(don't know why) but altogether things remain unchanged. Any help that anyone can offer? I haven't changed anything lately.

A:Drop in performance/ mouse stuttering after about 20 min

When such happens to me, I dial back [but not eliminate] my security monitoring, protecting, thinking I may have had my assertively-set configurations and eventual fallout come back to slowly haunt my computer and me. I'm just straw-grabbing. This might not apply to you.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62939-drop-performance-mouse-stuttering-after-about-20-min.html
Relevancy 47.73%

An wierd problem which started a couple of days ago.

Every few days I relax with the Real Networks pool game 'CueClub'. (A great game, by the way). I have played it for at least a couple of years without any problem. Yet now when I enter the game, the mouse pointer is so sluggish I have to make several passes just to make it move an inch.

The wierdness is that CueClub is the ONLY application on my PC in which the mouse pointer has decided behave this way. Everything else is just fine

Reloading the game has not fixed the problem.

Very peculiar....

A:Wierd mouse performance (RESOLVED)

I solved it myself by changing the compatability mode from win95 to 98/Me.

It doesn't solve the mystery however. If it only works in 98/Me, how come it slipped to 95? As I noted, I have been using this program for months with no problems.

JBC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wierd-mouse-performance-resolved-152774.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve been using Toshiba Techra M V XP SP Laptop for over a year with a USB Toshiba Optical Toshiba Mouse Erratic USB Performance Mouse without problems Early on in I turned off the mousepad because it would either sense my movements over the keyboard or something and jump lines while I was typing text Just lately I ve had a problem similar to Messa who posted in October about her Toshiba mouse acting erratically with a different computer Mine would work fine for a couple of Toshiba USB Mouse Erratic Performance hours and then suddently stop working I d pull it out of the USB port and plug it back in and it d work for a short time and Toshiba USB Mouse Erratic Performance stop again I d pull it out and if it didn t work when I put it back in I d switch to another USB port and it would work for a while I turned my mousepad back on so I d have it as a backup when the mouse would fail again USB device not recognized and similar messages would come on I m suspicious that some conflict suddenly occurred Only two things I think might have changed some registry setting if this is what would create a conflict I do not edit the registry unless a small specific change is clearly given me by some technician or support document One recent action is that I downloaded a printer program SysExporter v that would capture text from my Garmin GPS watch when the usual print command wouldn t work on some websites Microsoft had a support paper Q on adding print directory feature and another related paper that told about changes to the registry in certain instances and what to do so I did it The second is that I wanted to download info from my Garmin GPS watch to my XP laptop instead of my Win desktop but the device had a serial port so I used a serial to USB adaptor and used in in a second USB port on the laptop At no time did I plug the serial to USB adaptor into my mouse USB port I also have used my digital multi-card reader in the second USB port Currently no devices are in the second USB port Both ports seem to work fine with other devices although I reserve the first one for the mouse Any clues The device was working fine for a year - and is now as I write this until something happens and it stops nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted, been missing the great community here!

Okay, usually I can solve most of my computer related problems due to everything I've learned here and at VF!

But... I can't seem to find out what's wrong this time... Help!
My cursor seems to keep jerking around, lagging, freezing, click buttons on it's own and scroll by itself...

I've re-installed Windows 7 thinking that would solve it... Didn't work.

It's a weird problem and my comp speed and performance has started suffering for some reason as well, like the cpu or memory is hurting somehow...
Any ideas?

A:Mouse lag / freeze issue (Slowed performance)

How old is your PC and the parts if you still remember? Is the mouse mechanical or optical? If its mechanical then try to clean the insides of it. Do you have any experience in dismantling computer parts and cleaning them? Try to clean the fans, heatsinks, RAM, graphics card, processor, PSU, motherboard, and harddrive with compressed air. If you want to remove some parts be sure to touch any metal that is connected to earth so it won't discharge any static electricity in the parts that you are trying to remove because it may short it and cause it to die.
Is the memory usage on your PC is high when its idle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/274491-mouse-lag-freeze-issue-slowed-performance.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there im very new in here so plz have patience and my english aint the best so bear with me days ago i started up my comp went in to dying light and very fast it hit me something was wrong When ever i was moving my mouse cursor everything started to lag like a mini freeze lag and chopping performance Ive been checking out taskmanager and while moving around the cursor my cpu jumps to - and my sound starts to distort Another strange thing as we speak my cpu usage is about and my memory is wich i find very strange idle And my SSD with my OS on it is also acting strange it has a high in usage despite being idle I managed to fix this cursor problem by shutting down Intel technology access service I really dont have a clue why this process is causing all this fuzz but after i shut it down i immediately feel the strange feeling when moving the mouse Like a input lag of some sort hope some one can help me out here win

A:Very laggy and choppy performance when moving mouse cursor

Welcome to the Forums.

First thing I would do is a complete scan with MBAM

The free version scans the same as the paid.
If nothing shows up then I would go in Device Manager and delete the driver for the Mouse.
Just right click on the mouse device and click Delete.
Reboot. When it comes back up it will say
"Windows has found new hardware..."
and it will install the same mouse driver it had before. For some reason about half the time this fixes device problems for some time if not permanently. If this doesn't work then there may be some other hardware issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/63132-very-laggy-choppy-performance-when-moving-mouse-cursor.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been having some strange things happening with my PC lately that are driving me nuts Periodically the mouse will start becoming very laggy in a issues Crackling mouse laggy sound, performance way where the pointer is almost just skipping around the screen getting stuck for seconds at a time If I'm listening to music or watching a video the video will freeze for split seconds at a time and the speakers will make a crackling sound I have checked drivers I have run virus scans I have cleaned registries I have Crackling sound, laggy mouse performance issues tried different mice and have checked temps Everything seems to be alright Like I said its not all the time but becoming more and more frequent I think I notice it most when browsing the web I haven't found much on the internet that matches my symptoms perfectly and I'm out of any ideas of what could be going on Any suggestions would be awesome and if you need anymore information let me know Thanks in advance

A:Crackling sound, laggy mouse performance issues

I'm having almost the exact same problems. When I play music or watch a video I'll hear occasional but frequent crackling sounds, and the wireless mouse has started to skip and lag. I've had the laptop for just over a year now with no problems at all, until the above symptoms started happening a few weeks ago. I'm using Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 1558. Any type of help would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crackling-sound-laggy-mouse-performance-issues-602001.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everybody Drops Tears, Performance Sound Stutters, Mouse What my system is Acer VN - G Gaming Notebook Specs Intel Core i H GTX M GB GB MHz DDR GB RPM SATA What my problems are - - minutes after I start up my PC my mouse cursor starts stuttering It just teleports from place to place or just plain freezes Touchpad does the same thing Also it doesn't matter if I'm Mouse Stutters, Sound Tears, Performance Drops just Mouse Stutters, Sound Tears, Performance Drops browsing or running an app - During this quot stutter phase quot as I call it if I'm watching or playing anything I hear very loud sound tears from the lap top These tears stop as soon as I take my hands off the mouse - Also during this phase If I'm playing a game my frame rate drops to unplayable levels when I'm touching the mouse it reverts back to perfect fps as soon as I stop messing with the mouse Same thing happen with videos they slow down and cause disgusting sound tears when I touch the mouse and revert back to normal after I leave it alone What I have tried - Updated my chipset drivers - Updated my GPU drives - Updated my mouse drivers - Switched mouses - Ran a disk scan using cmd - Closed a bunch of unnecessary programs and tasks during gaming - Set Windows Updates to manual for some reason - Found out that nVidia ShadowPlay was marked quot running quot and closed it - Shut my anti-virus programs down Heat under load is at acceptable levels I'm also using a cooling pad The problem started a few days ago all of a sudden leading me to believe that it was caused by a Windows Update or a bad driver I am just unable to pinpoint it Please help Thank you

A:Mouse Stutters, Sound Tears, Performance Drops

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

If the issue happened a few days ago, you may want to do a system restore to the day before this happened.

Have you installed any new software lately?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/mouse-stutters-sound-tears-performance-drops-970897.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everybody What my system is Acer VN - G Gaming Notebook Specs Intel Core i H GTX M GB GB MHz DDR GB RPM SATA What my problems are - - minutes after I start up my PC my mouse cursor starts stuttering It just teleports from place to place or just plain freezes Touchpad does the same thing Also it doesn't matter if I'm just browsing or running an app - During this quot Sound Performance Drops Stutters, Mouse Tears, stutter phase quot as I call it if I'm watching or playing anything I hear very loud sound tears from the lap top These tears stop as soon as I take my hands off Mouse Stutters, Sound Tears, Performance Drops the mouse - Also during this phase If I'm playing a game my frame rate drops to unplayable levels when I'm touching the mouse it reverts back to perfect fps as soon as I stop messing with the mouse Same thing happen with videos they slow down and cause disgusting sound tears when I touch the mouse and revert back to normal after I leave it alone What I have tried - Updated my chipset drivers - Updated my GPU drives - Updated my mouse Mouse Stutters, Sound Tears, Performance Drops drivers - Switched mouses - Ran a disk scan using cmd - Closed a bunch of unnecessary programs and tasks during gaming - Set Windows Updates to manual for some reason - Found out that nVidia ShadowPlay was marked quot running quot and closed it - Shut my anti-virus programs down Heat under load is at acceptable levels I'm also using a cooling pad The problem started a few days ago all of a sudden leading me to believe that it was caused by a Windows Update or a bad driver I am just unable to pinpoint it Please help Thank you

A:Mouse Stutters, Sound Tears, Performance Drops

I've been having the exact same problem since like two days ago, also when my Windows updated. I really need a fix for this because I have to use a mouse for audio editing and gaming and this is driving me insane. Please help

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62958-mouse-stutters-sound-tears-performance-drops.html
Relevancy 46.87%

What are the main reasons an Excel macro might run slow?

* Processor Speed 200mhz
* Memory 32MB
* Screen Updating = false

It is a print macro which I am trying to run but runs very slow through the macro itself with the above system and code specs.

Any performance tips?

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Excel Macro Performance

Hi! Can you post the code, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-excel-macro-performance.44993/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've seen several people state that they've noticed that Edge now performs better than Chrome and that they feel like it's faster. I've used Chrome as my default for years and always found it to be lightning fast. I don't find Edge to be slow necessarily, but when compared to Chrome, it doesn't really compare.

So I'm wondering if there are certain settings that some of you may have that may boost Edge's performance - either in the Advanced settings or about:config?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/60162-microsoft-edge-speed-performance.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Mouse is flashing orange only when idle for approx 45 seconds & then light goes off.also it has just started to power its self off intermittantly which requires me to turn the on-off switch on&off twice to power it back up. Please help??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-hp-wireless-mouse-is-flashing-orange-only-when-mouse-is/td-p/5803617
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm just wondering if there are any differences between the two. I have integrated bluetooth on my laptop, so I won't need a dongle for it. I also know bluetooth is slower than wireless usb, but does this have any effect for a mouse?

In terms of performance and accuracy, are there any advantages or disadvantages to either format? Why are bluetooth mice seemingly much less popular with manufacturers?

Thanks a bunch.

A:Any difference between a wireless usb mouse or a bluetooth mouse?

Here's some advantages and disadvantages

Distance
Bluetooth you can expect 30 feet distance from the EEE. Wireless IR you can expect from 4 to 6 feet.

Easy to setup and configure
You plug Wireless in and it just works. With Bluetooth , you have to use the command line to set things up, and you have to script it or else every time you boot you'll have to give it all the commands.

Ports
The Bluetooth wins this one. The wireless keyboard and mouse use a USB port and do not give you anything else. The Bluetooth adapter uses the same port, but also lets you connect Bluetooth stereo headphones, your mobile phone, etc.

It really depends on what your needs are. If your living room is 12 feet and you want to hook your EEE up to your PC and surf from your lazyboy at the other end of the room, infrared won't do it. If you want the keyboard in front of the standard EEE screen and just want a better one, then the wireless IR is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-difference-between-a-wireless-usb-mouse-or-a-bluetooth-mouse.96593/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been on what seems to be an endless quest searching for a wireless mouse that can compete with my wired usb optical compaq mouse from about 7 years ago to no avail. Is there just no wireless mouse that is as responsive as wired? It seriously effects my gaming. I have gone through about 7 Logitech mouses and a gaming one with four adjustable dpis and my compac from 2001 beats them all. Please help me cut the cord. Here are some pics of the champion. Also preferably looking for something full size like the one I have pictured no mini mice.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi For some weeks now I've been experiencing random freezes for about a couple of seconds in a rate around or per minute It doesn't always happen and usually it occurs after being working with the computer for some time not just after restarting I've been monitoring the task manager even using Process Explorer the disk usage the Windows event manager and I have no clue what can be causing this No new hardware was installed and when this happens I try to close all non system applications and it cursor Random temporary strange freezes and performance mouse still behaves the same way I also ran several antivirus applications and nothing was found I only have a couple of probably misleading clues The first one is about the mouse When this problem starts to happen the mouse cursor doesn't behave properly When it is the text cursor instead of being just black is kind of red Random temporary freezes and strange mouse cursor performance hard to explain and when I move it around it takes a while until it changes to the proper cursor depending on what I'm pointing The second clue is the computer fan as it starts spinning faster when the system is frozen and goes back to normal when the system is again responsive I know is a vague question but I'm afraid I don't know what else to check Thanks in advance

A:Random temporary freezes and strange mouse cursor performance

Your PC may be overheating (e.g. CPU).
You should install a utility that can show you the temperature of your PC hardware (i.e. CPU, GPU and HDD/SSD).

You could try a program like Speccy.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download

If it is overheating, you may be able to fix the problem by cleaning out any dust/fluff that has accumulated in the vents or on the components.

Have a look at this article:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-Co...sical_Cleaning

Remember to unplug your PC from the Mains and to take antistatic precautions, BEFORE opening your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311011-random-temporary-freezes-strange-mouse-cursor-performance.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I am having computer problems basically my computer's performance is much lower than Skipping; of Sound Mouse performance Jerking; loss Sudden it has been in the past i have been using it for about half a year and then all of the sudden performance dropped I have never seen my cpu go over the performance loss is most noticable in startup and when playing audio because of the skipping I really would appreciate the help because i think it must be some kind of virus here is the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning Sound Skipping; Mouse Jerking; Sudden loss of performance enabled Updated FW Symantec Client Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry Sound Skipping; Mouse Jerking; Sudden loss of performance exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin docmgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Communication Pidgin pidgin exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop Stinger stinger exe C Documents and Setting... Read more

A:Sound Skipping; Mouse Jerking; Sudden loss of performance

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/sound-skipping-mouse-jerking-sudden-loss-of-performance-339582.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All
I have tried unsuccessfully to solve those events: 10021, 3007, 3006
Has anyone of you an idea what I could do next?
Thanks

A:Microsoft-Windows-Search- performance monitoring help

Open up a Command Window as Administrator and run without the quotes "sfc /scannow".

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43844-microsoft-windows-search-performance-monitoring-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

As of late, my computer has gotten so slow. Even on Microsoft Edge, the browser constantly hangs and says it's not responding. Sometimes it will even crash.

I have scanned everything with MBAM, SAS, and my antivirus program and they found no threats and still no sign of any performance gain. I have even optimized my disk with Disk Cleanup and ran the Defragmenter. No help whatsoever.

I am really getting tired of the problems with Windows 10. I am a big Microsoft fan, but enough is enough.

Please help!

A:Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

Originally Posted by Jesse Williams

As of late, my computer has gotten so slow. Even on Microsoft Edge, the browser constantly hangs and says it's not responding. Sometimes it will even crash.

I have scanned everything with MBAM, SAS, and my antivirus program and they found no threats and still no sign of any performance gain. I have even optimized my disk with Disk Cleanup and ran the Defragmenter. No help whatsoever.

I am really getting tired of the problems with Windows 10. I am a big Microsoft fan, but enough is enough.

Please help!

I'm having the exact same problem!! It is so irritating!! Can anybody help us?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/37917-slow-performance-out-windows-10-microsoft-edge.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Yesterday I bought a Wireless Internet Keyboard And Wireless Laser Mouse from the Brand:Micro Innovations and I did everything it said but when im about to install the software I leave the non wireless mouse that I used to have plugged in to install the software... so I install it and the wireless keyboard works great but the wireless laser mouse doesnt work... any suggestions....PLEASE HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-innovations-wireless-internet-keyboard-and-wireless-laser-mouse.607551/
Relevancy 46.01%

MS Wireless Comfort Keyboard mouse combination Model A - is malfunctioning in the operation of the keyboard The mouse is working so my thought is that the receiver is okay The keyboard stopped working today I replaced the batteries reset the button on the bottom of the MS to mouse keystrokes/wireless works not wireless keyboard responding keyboard and the button on the MS wireless keyboard not responding to keystrokes/wireless mouse works receiver ensuring the proper sequencing Still no joy Removed all of the screws on the bottom of the keyboard carefully checked the membrane inside ensuring cleanliness before re-installing Still no joy I visited the MS support website Unable to locate my brand Thinking that downloading a new driver might help i checked my settings for device drivers in My Computer All drivers seem to be okay according to My Computer gt Devices gt Keyboard Searched a couple of other forums and found that others have experienced the same problem I've misplaced the software that came with the set-up MS support website no help in trying to find software for this particular model Any ideas from you Win gurus Many thanks in advance

A:MS wireless keyboard not responding to keystrokes/wireless mouse works

Have you run Windows Updates and see if it offers a new driver.
The keyboard is very old. Just might be time for a new one. You could also go to Device Manager and select update driver for the keyboard.

I have 6 or 7 old keyboards. Also gave a few away. I have never wore one out. Just kept buying them looking for one I really liked.
Years later I found one I like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350503-ms-wireless-keyboard-not-responding-keystrokes-wireless-mouse-works.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I m looking for official Microsoft answers documentation to the questions below Windows or just Windows workstations best practices for performance This Microsoft counter Windows recommendations (or performance 7 workstations) could be settings Ex Paging file should be set to xMB and located in the D drive Windows threshold ranges for performance counters Ex nbsp Processor Processor Time counter should be less than usage on average for good performance If possible have a Microsoft Windows 7 (or workstations) performance counter recommendations range For example nbsp between - usage will be danger red - will be a warning yellow lt will be green good Some of the performance counter recommended ranges nbsp I'm looking for Processor Processor TimeProcessor Interrupt TimeSystem Processor Queue LengthProcess Handle CountProcess Thread CountProcess Private BytesNetwork Interface Bytes Total SecNetwork Interface Output Queue LengthPhysicalDisk Avg Disk Sec ReadPhysicalDisk Avg Disk Sec WriteLogicalDisk Free SpacePhysicalDisk Idle TimePhysicalDisk Avg Disk Queue LengthMemory Available MbytesMemory Committed Bytes in UseMemory Pages per SecondPaging File UsageMemory Free System Page Table EntriesMemory Pool Non-Paged BytesMemory Pool Paged BytesMemory Cache Bytes Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a9c40d9-83ed-4178-8e4e-3fab7ee9586b/microsoft-windows-7-or-workstations-performance-counter-recommendations?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi out there I'm new to this forum so I think this is where I should be posting this particular issue as I SUPPORT] Windows FROM [MOVED XP Performance problems MICROSOFT don't believe I've got a virus trojan problem Happy to be wrong and I'll re-post if that's the case Under normal cicumstances [MOVED FROM MICROSOFT SUPPORT] Windows XP Performance problems my system works just fine it's an AMD Athlon XP with Gb Hard drive [MOVED FROM MICROSOFT SUPPORT] Windows XP Performance problems and a secondary Mb [MOVED FROM MICROSOFT SUPPORT] Windows XP Performance problems drive plus Mb memory and Windows XP Pro When I run certain applications iTunes being the most common one to cause the problem the system starts to run at CPU However the most intriguing thing is that it's the Kernel activity that's taking it up to CPU In this state everything takes forever and I have to re-boot when the problem goes away I've tried the itunes forums etc but this seems to be an unkown problem to Apple I would really appreciate some help to solve this one Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Downloads HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C PROGRA Skype Phone IEPlugin SKYPEI DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files... Read more

A:[MOVED FROM MICROSOFT SUPPORT] Windows XP Performance problems

Hi and welcome -

I don't see any obvious malware in this log, which is what we do in this forum, remove malware.

By posting a HijackThis log along with your issue on the Windows XP forum, all that happened was your thread was moved here, as only our trained and approved Analysts are allowed to respond to threads with HijackThis logs in them.

I suggest you post your issue (without a HijackThis log) in the XP forum, so that the staff and members there can better assist you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/moved-from-microsoft-support-windows-xp-performance-problems-160909.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been working on my laptop this morning. After a one-hour break, when I came back to work, my wireless mouse and my wireless keyboard were no longer working on my laptop Pavilion 6g. I check the Parameters, and these two accessories appear to be undetected by the laptop. The operating system of  my laptop is Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-mouse-and-wireless-keyboard-undetected-by-my-laptop/td-p/5663887
Relevancy 45.58%

I bought a new wireless internet keyboard and laser mouse yesterday but when i install the software in the computer only the wireless keyboard works but not the wireless laser mouse.....when I install software I leave the other mouse in to control everything...do you think it is because of that...but if I dont leave the other mouse in how am I going to control things to install software....Could Somebody Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-and-wireless-laser-mouse-problem.607535/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place on the forum but here goes..... I recently bought a dual band "N" wireless modem / router as I thought since all the PCs and laptops are now N capable, I may as well upgrade for not a lot of outlay however on further digging it looks like none of them are on the 5GHz band so I set the router to 300Mbs at 2.4GHz but the best I can achieve in a modern detached house is 144Mbs even in the next room to the router. Does this mean that the wireless NICs are not capable of 300Mbs or do I need to do anything e.g. optimization to achieve this value - I appreciate it will drop with distance and obstacles but only a few meters away I was expecting better ?

I'm not overly bothered about this, it is more curiosity than anything else.

Thanks.

A:Wireless performance

I am not sure about the 5Ghz, I cant get my N cards to work with that either on my router, but if you want 300mb go into your settings and use 20/40 or the 40 bandwidth, default is 20, thats your only getting half speed

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203909-wireless-performance.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hiya Microsoft Operations Manager MOM Service Pack SP is a management system for monitoring computers in your organization MOM SP has been tested and it has been proven based on many customers that MOM SP scales to the published supported numbers However the limits for MOM SP can vary depending on many variables that are discussed in this paper This paper describes and Operations Manager Kit: 30 Service Pack Microsoft Sizing 1 Sep (SP1) Performance the testing process used to recommend a suitable management server size with enough reserve capacity to smoothly manage a specific number of computers without putting the MOM SP computer systems at risk You can use the findings in this paper along with the MOM SP Management Server Sizer as a starting point to help you to determine the appropriate performance and sizing considerations for MOM SP in your environment Specifically this paper answers questions such as How large must the management server be in terms of hardware resources How large is the overall footprint of MOM SP How large should the MOM SP database be What are the system requirements needed to run MOM SP effectively What is the expected disk activity on Microsoft Operations Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1) Performance and Sizing Kit: Sep 30 the MOM SP database and database server What is the expected CPU usage of the MOM agent on a managed computer System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Windows Server Windows XP Run Microsoft Word to view the document Run Microsoft Excel to use the Sizer http www microsoft com downloads - f - d - -d a amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-operations-manager-service-pack-1-sp1-performance-and-sizing-kit-sep-30.168635/
Relevancy 44.72%

Just read the sticky on the above topic but notice that there is nothing on there about EOP. I have a very long house and the router and PC is at one end, not in the middle so I could not get a WiFi signal for my iPad etc. at the front of the house. I bought the Netcomm NP206 kit, and plugged one unit into my router and the other into a power point in the middle of the house. Magic!! Great signal and no more problems. It has been working without a hitch for at least 3 years and was worth every penny. I don't understand the reasons why it works, it just does. If MA agrees maybe he could add it into the sticky as another option to try. I can recommend it as so simple and effective.

A:Improving Wireless Performance

HI Beez

Great post and I'm like you in that not only do I want great wifi coverage and more when outside the house (if its sunny) but also for the TVs and online media speeds, so I like you use powerline adapters and they work really good, a great option for anyone with poor speed wifi wise or wants ethernet in a different room.

You can suggest this yourself to Tim aka MA in an email to tim @ majorgeeks.com

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/improving-wireless-performance.302107/
Relevancy 44.72%

intermittent problem I am using windows intermittent wireless performance. on laptop I have comcast internet intermittent wireless performance. service and I have reset the intermittent wireless performance. modem and called comcast to check for server issues My test speeds are very good however it takes several minuets to load pages SOMETIMES but often I ran intermittent wireless performance. Kaspersky Pure and cleaned up some spyware issues I ran fix it utilities and I cleaned the temporary internet files and cache I also tried to uninstall some unused programs as well as disabling start up programs I ve done what I feel I can to try to eliminate common problems I have received error messages in regard to the athros wireless device and I updated the drivers through the link provide within the error message I use firefox and I reset it I m not sure I am doing everything correctly but each time I preform any of these procedures it seems to help for a few hours then I m back to having problems loading pages again I m afraid to do too much more for fear of causing more damage Is there any info I can provide that might help someone get a better picture of what is going on I sure would appreciate some good advice on these issues I am having nbsp

A:intermittent wireless performance.

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Do you have the same issue with both wireless and ethernet connection? If one is OK, which is the problem one?

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista and 7 and 8.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. [For Windows 8: <Windows Logo> + x - Command Prompt(Admin)]

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-wireless-performance.1118806/
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently moved my PC into another room within the house on the same floor.

I have a wired connection to my main PC using a TP-Link adsl router.

My 2nd PC and Xbox are wireless and can connect to the home network but the network performance has gone down massively.

I guess options to improve are;

1) Add different arials - not sure of effectiveness
2) Wireless repeater - no idea how to set this up. I have read guides but they do not make sense to me
3) Move the router back to where it was before - would have to run a long network cable to it? Can this be tested without moving the cable and just have teh phone line plugged in?

Any other tips to improve?

Thanks
Kwack

A:Terrible wireless performance

Quote: Originally Posted by kwack

Recently moved my PC into another room within the house on the same floor.

I have a wired connection to my main PC using a TP-Link adsl router.

My 2nd PC and Xbox are wireless and can connect to the home network but the network performance has gone down massively.

I guess options to improve are;

1) Add different arials - not sure of effectiveness
2) Wireless repeater - no idea how to set this up. I have read guides but they do not make sense to me
3) Move the router back to where it was before - would have to run a long network cable to it? Can this be tested without moving the cable and just have teh phone line plugged in?

Any other tips to improve?

Thanks
Kwack

1-wouldnt help.

2-would help and is easy to do.

3-dont move it.
Can you answer some basic questions?

did they ever work correctly?

Does the speed stay the same when booting into safemode (F8) with networking?

Are you using "homeegroup"?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125536-terrible-wireless-performance.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I just installed a Zyxel 660HW to replace my previous 650HW. At home, I am using a laptop remotely, fitted with a ZyAir B120. In the same remote location, link with new router is now very poor in comparison to old one. I am using same Channel 01 (2412 MHz). Tried 07, 09 and 13 with worse results (practically no connection at all). Router antenna is upright. Another laptop, which is much closer to router and also fitted with ZyAir B-120, has good connection, as previously.

Firmware is currently V3.40(PE.9). Seems more like a range problem. Is there another parameter to be taken into account?