Windows Support Forum

Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm

Q: Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm

Yesterday I spilled a little coffee at the bottom of my keyboard on my Compaq CQ - I quickly turned it over and wiped it down palm because power Recovery stopped of battery/AC then kept on using it for almost an hour This morning I turned it on and the computer could not see the hard drive I pulled the hard drive and it had coffee stains on Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm it I ran Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm a system check and it appeared as if the mother board was OK -- memory tested OK specs for the machine Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm came up fine So I replaced the hard drive No problem until I started to run the recovery disk After the initial loading it asks what type of restore I wanted I chose System Recovery On the next page a new warning pops up quot Your laptop is currently running on battery power Recovery Manager requires that your laptop is plugged into an AC power outlet quot The problem is it is plugged into an AC outlet and I can t get rid of the pop-up and continue with the recovery Did I fry more than the hard drive And is there a way around this nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm

this may sound silly , and my suggestion cant be good for the laptop (so is pouring coffee into it tho )
but i have had experience with pouring bottles down my keyboard
so my suggestion is to turn on the heating and putting the laptop with the hole to put the power cable in downwards and keep it above the heating for a day , or over night
dont go extreme with the heating just nice and warm
it may solve that issue but im sure there will be many more ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-stopped-because-of-battery-ac-power-palm.1072174/
Relevancy 66.65%

The power meter has stopped recognising the main battery although it recognises and reports on the secondary battery (the one that replaces the CD Drive). The indicator light registers that the battery is present and if it is fully charged on not.

Any suggestions?

A:Tecra M5 - Power meter has stopped recognising the main battery

Sorry mate but what notebook model you have exactly?

What system is running currently?

Did you install some updates which could affect the battery status?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84466-Tecra-M5-Power-meter-has-stopped-recognising-the-main-battery
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Palm Pilot M505. When I recharge it, I check the home page to see the battery gauge. For the past 3 weeks, it's been showing about 95% full, but never 100%. The battery gauge indicates usage, but doesn't reach a full load anymore.

Any ideas?

Are there any Palm programs that will give me more info on the status of the battery?

How long should a fully charge Palm Pilot last?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/palm-battery-not-recharging-all-the-way.111420/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm planning on replacing the archaic battery on my Palm IIIc PDA. Will I lose the information I've inputted over the last 4 years once I disconnect the old battery? I was going to connect the new Li-Ion battery within 30 seconds of disconnecting the old battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/palm-iiic-battery-replacement.279742/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a strange issue. I have a Lenovo T60 laptop and I am experiencing problems with the power management/power guage.

It will often show the battery not installed (power gauge is a greyish-white color with dashed lines) or it shows a red X. It does not matter if I am on AC power or on Battery power, it will show the full range of power, battery level, not installed, or an error.

I have searched Lenovo's site and I seem to remember seeing an FAQ about this, but now that I need it, I cannot find it.

What can I check or do to stop this? While it is annoying, I am not sure if I am having a battery problem or not. I did check my battery on Lenovo's site to see if it was recalled and it is not.

I do appreciate any help that any one can give me.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-t60-power-guage-shows-battery-not-installed-while-on-battery-power.690786/
Relevancy 59.77%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 59.34%

First, my t400 would only boot with power cord unplugged. Then it stopped booting altogether. I read to press the power button 10 times and hold it on the tenth time and to unscrew the palm rest to unplug the little battery for 30 seconds. That is the only way I can get it to boot now. I picked up a new regular battery today thinking it might be related but that hasn't solved it. Any ideas?

A:thinkpad t400 wont boot w/o reseting little battery behind palm rest

I looked at it closer and to get it to start i don't press the power button at all. I unplug the power cord and after unplugging the CMOS battery for awhile i just plug the power cord back in and it starts up. The first thing i see as it starts up is an error message about a bad CMOS checksum and then i have to change the date/time in the BIOS or it yells at me to do it. After all that it boots into windows 7. Once it is in windows no matter what i do to change the settings of what the power button does it still doesn't do anything. I can restart it fine but once i shut it down it the CMOS battery needs to be reset to get it going again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-t400-wont-boot-w-o-reseting-little-battery-behind-palm-rest.985170/
Relevancy 54.18%

This problem occurred with prior Win Home O S so I upgraded to Windows nbsp HP If Only. 2000 On ... & Battery Power Both Runs Great Battery Heavens-to-Mergatroid nbsp This laptop runs just fine when only battery is powering it nbsp However once I also HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... plug in the power cord the O S does a hard crash within to minutes How special nbsp I can get about to hours when using the HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... battery but not if I also plug in the power cord nbsp That means that when the battery gets low I must perform a standard shutdown and then insert the power cord which recharges the battery if I don't turn nbsp on computer nbsp If I then start the computer with both connected it crashes nbsp I am not patient enough to live with a computer that has to be recharged every couple of hours nbsp HELP nbsp I suspected a heating issue so I took the back panels off and thoroghly cleaned the fan vents and other cracks and crevices using canned air but this did not fix the problem nbsp Since in runs just fine on the battery I deduce it is NOT a heating issue neither dust or heat paste issues nbsp I also used a cooling mat to no avail nbsp Im years old living in God's waiting room but parts of my body are to nbsp However I do have Essential Tremors in both hands so I cannot do a full laptop disassembly even if I want to which I don't nbsp I cannot afford to pay a computer repair shop or more to try a fix this vexing power issue nbsp Other than hocking my car it's too old also to buy a new nbsp laptop does anyone have a kind affordable suggestion that might correct the problem nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-Runs-Great-On-Battery-Only-If-Both-Battery-amp-Power/td-p/5717709
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

A:Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don?t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56712-Battery-Vista-is-not-able-the-retrieve-the-power-options-for-the-battery
Relevancy 54.18%

Over the last few months I noticed that the battery meter on my Dell Inspiron E laptop was blinking red to green and back so having had this laptop for several years I assumed that I would need a new battery soon The adapter power cord was also beginning to lose some of its covering near the plug in site so I ordered both a new battery and power cord That was about weeks ago Upon receiving my order I was very pleased to see that when I installed the new battery and new cord the battery already had some charge I didn t note how much I felt relieved to have my mind at ease that adaptor Combo recognized power battery not battery and but all was now well with my computer little did I know that I d be Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized needing help less than two weeks later Important note I very rarely use my laptop without the power cord past experience proved to be frustrating because I always needed more time than the battery provided I ve probably only used the laptop quot on battery quot a few dozen times over the last years Now I am in a dilemma Yesterday I took the laptop with me out of town when my husband and I did some real estate hunting Instead of using the laptop on battery we had it plugged into a special power converter for use in the car I noticed that whenever we stopped and turned off the ignition the laptop would lose it s power immediately and as we resumed our travel I d have to Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized restart the computer and there would be the quot black amp white quot warning screen about the computer not being shut down properly We had not used the laptop at home for a Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized few days so I thought it was just a problem of quot low battery quot so I just restarted it in normal mode I didn t even look at the battery meter My husband and I stopped for lunch at a local quot McDonald s quot which had wifi so we could continue our homes search on the web Rather than bring the power cord inside I decided to use the laptop quot on battery quot and quot Zap quot to my dismay and utter quot shock quot it wouldn t even power up I just went out to the car grabbed the cord plugged it in and began my research over lunch I didn t even notice that the battery meter was not illuminated That was yesterday Now about hours later I notice the problem and the icon in the tray shows the red X over the power cord that no battery is detected I thought that maybe since I hadn t used the laptop in a few days the new battery had quot died quot but I didn t think it had REALLY DIED For the last couple of hours I ve been seeking help about this issue online I ve tried some of the advice mentioned on response posts which applied to other similar experiences on this forum and even on Dell s website but I haven t had any success with those suggestions I ve seen a few posts about it being the motherboard I m not tech-savvy enough to know what will happen if I don t quot fix quot this problem immediately I m not sure what I should do next I do hope that it can be resolved without having to replace the computer Any suggestions We live in a rural area and I haven t had to use computer repair services before All my issues before have been resolved easily with a phone call to Dell We are several years past the warranty period Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks NC Campbells Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combo-battery-and-power-adaptor-but-battery-not-recognized.1038730/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 53.75%

My husband bought the Palm Zire 71. We've downloaded pictures onto our computer. When we open the Palm Desktop up and push the Palm Photos button it freezes on the desktop in perpetual loading mode. What's the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/palm-photos-freezes-palm-desktop.239458/
Relevancy 53.75%

I Did A Hotsync And Lost The Calendar Data On My Pc And My T3 Palm. How Can I Retore The Calendar Data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/palm-t3-how-do-i-restore-lost-pc-palm-data.438915/
Relevancy 52.03%

i have tried to power it up with power ac plugged in and without. on/off power button flashes white.
battery is inside "sealed" and may be difficult to access.
ran fine yesterday, shut down with 20% battery life.

if the ac plug is unplugged then i can get the led to turn off but once pushed, it ony flashes. no results

warranty is expired.
unit manufactured april 23 2015

i currently have it plugged in but no flashing light as i have not pushed the power button. im hoping that it will take a charge or correct itself with time.

what do you suggest? thank you

A:i have a lenovo edge 15 model80k9. led power light is blinking but computer will not repond. no power up . the battery is "s

Try the following...

1. Take out (or take it off) the charger.
2. Next take out the battery
3. Now hold down power button for 20 seconds and then rinsert battery.
4. Now put it on the charger again

NOTE: Make sure charger is plugged into the main power supply (not an extension cord, surge protector, etc.)

Sometimes, when the device is not plugged in directly, it doesn't get the power it needs. Holding the power button, while you restart it, clears out the temporary ram (no it won't delete anything you have saved) and will give the device access to the ram it needs.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123715/lenovo-edge-model80k9-led-power-light-blinking-computer-repond-power-battery.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello this is my second Battery Showing Power Not Icon Power Status XP Windows post on this website and I hope I m posting in the correct category Here s Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing the problem I m having and I hope someone can help I ve just repaired Windows Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing XP and its now booting up great however the battery icon in the bottom left has a symbol the icon showing is a quot plug quot as if my laptop is plugged in and it never shows how much battery life I have weather my laptop is plugged in or not I know my battery isn t failing or is damaged because I checked it with another hard drive that has windows XP and with Dell Diagnostics and the battery icon shows up normally i e showing me how much battery life I have left I ve been reading up on this and I think Windows XP s quot Power Manager quot thinks or act as if I m on a Desktop when I quot m on a laptop Please Help lol

A:Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing

Hello -Did the battery Icon ever work when you were in "Malware Removal" forum with Elise ??Please list your Dell model -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462761/windows-xp-power-icon-battery-power-status-not-showing/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Am new here but long-time Windows uses since Win95.
Currently have a DELL E6530 and it gave me a BSOD Event 41 Error while on batteries! Looking around Google and other forums, this transpires to be a PSU related problem, but it's a laptop, and was running on batteries at the time the BSOD happened. System was idling at the time. Running Win 7 Pro 64, as supplied by DELL.

Thanks in advance for any input...

Kind regards

A:DELL E6530 Event 41, Kernel-Power on battery power

Follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Without dump files, nobody can help you as to the cause of your shutdown.

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364358-dell-e6530-event-41-kernel-power-battery-power.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Now the laptop DELL 9400 is saying I cannot defrag because the battery is too low. But I dont use the battery at all. I always use the ac adapter cord.
Is there a setting to address this issue, or is this a hardware problem?

A:Using AC power but laptop shows using battery power

Turn off the laptop, remove the battery and then start up again (with the AC power attached of course!). Do you still get the problem? Or does the laptop not turn on at all?

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-ac-power-but-laptop-shows-using-battery-power.864740/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. Im new on this forum, but I have a problem with my Inspiron 1545 laptop from Dell pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (although I did re-install several times with OEM OS restore disc). Money is tight for us now, so my AC power jack on the side of my laptop (or the end which connects to the jack) is damaged. I don't know what it is or how serious it is. Once for a while we had to protect the cord from slipping out using duct tape. The only thing I really know is that the coded white rim on that end of the cord, a very small part of it is chipped. And my battery needs replaced, do I need to still fork over an expensive sum for a brand new one?

A:Broken AC power jack, no battery power, help

Hi CSean and welcome to SF
As I understand it, it's not the Laptop-side of the connection that's broken right?
In that case you might find this link helpful:

Amazon.com: Replacement Plug for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545 Laptop Ac Adapter: Computers & Accessories
Granted those aftermarket replacements are not necessarily in the same quality as the original parts.
You often trade off quality for price.
These seem to be original parts (for 3-6x the price as it seems):
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...&bih=726&ion=1

Hope it helps you further
-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264672-broken-ac-power-jack-no-battery-power-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop was fine a few days ago but now when I plug it into the wall ac power the laptop will not turn on at all no noise. However when I plug the power cord in I do get a light for the battery charging,(yet to see if battery will take a full charge and come on) but so far nothing. Any ideas as to fixing this or why this could happen. can I get files from laptop harddrive to my pc? Remove laptop hard drive and connect to my pc? Thanks

A:No Ac Power or Battery power to Laptop

Sounds like a major failure in the laptop.

You can buy adapters for laptop HDD to Desktop IDE drives, quite cheaply. That will allow you to access the files on the hard drive.

USB cases are also quite reasonable for laptop hard drives and give an easy way to access the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-ac-power-or-battery-power-to-laptop.313434/
Relevancy 48.59%

I noticed this officially a couple of days after it happened. I believe it happened while setting up a Sony nw-875 and setting up its drivers and downloading the SonicStage software. I noticed then that it was calling the nw-e75 the d:. Then upon further inspection last night the cd drive is not recognized by anything and I have no idea why, no drops or anything. The ediag doesn't recognize it or the device manager. I also noticed that the computer turns off immediately after unplugging, while the battery is old and sucks I would believe that it would have atleast enough charge for me to change seats.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello HPForums,I realized the battery had troubles when I unplugged my laptop to take it to the bathroom (haha). I turned off inmediately. So I checked for the battery to be well connected and it was OK. When I removed it, i found this gummy yellow substance that smells sweet on one of the sides. It was both in the battery and on the slot.(See photo attached).  Battery is PI06 manufactured on 2013. The battery doesn't work but the computer do knows it is plugged in. Is there a fix? And what was the cause of this leak? I handle my computer really carefully and don't leave it plugged often. Thanks!f

A:Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

@giantfrancor

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-leaked-and-stopped-working-How-to-fix-it/td-p/5660667
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought the laptop used. it appeared the battery wsdead. I bought a new battery. The battery would stay at 53 percent and when i would unplug the charger it would immediatly shut off. i troubleshooted in the device manager and reset the laptop. Nothing happened. I reset a second time and the battery was charging and the laptop would run off battery power. this soon stopped working. I continued to troubleshoot. i got it to charge again and run off battery power but now it will again not run off battery power. the battery is now at 74 percent so i know at some piont charging was happening. this is very frustrating. Iv built a gaming pc jst recently and i feel like i should be able to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-envy-360-wont-charge-wont-use-battery-power-battery-level/td-p/5747439
Relevancy 48.16%

Once I plugged in charger while my notebook was turned off.
It lighted Plug LED and Battery LED was blinking after 3 seconds.

I reinserted battery and it charged fine.
One day I was using my NB200 and it run out of charge, I plugged in and same thing happen but even after reinserting battery it won't start.

Plugging in it for long time doesn't heats up battery nor notebook. I can only start it without battery plugged in. Inserting battery shuts down PC after 1 seconds and LED of battery again blinks after 3 seconds.

What does it means? I tired putting battery in fridge because I read on internet it might fix but no luck.

Any idea how can I fix it.

A:Battery suddenly stopped working on NB200-10z

Hi

First of all you have to know that the notebook should run properly without the battery but with connected AC adaptor.
Even if the battery would be faulty or empty, the connected AC adaptor should supply power and you should be able to power up the notebook.

In case this isn?t possible, I assume an power supply electronic malfunction.

However, you could test the following workaround:
Try to power up and to boot the notebook without the battery.
Then go to device manager and uninstall the following entries under batteries:
- Microsoft composite battery
- Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery

Then reboot the notebook.
Power OFF again and insert the battery.
Power On the notebook and check if the unit would run properly.

Of course it would be also recommend testing the notebook in connection with another good and tested battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78509-Battery-suddenly-stopped-working-on-NB200-10z
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi. I was recently using my laptop, when I wiggled the power cable a bit and suddenly the laptop stopped charging. I have a bad feeling the battery has died or something. I tried using another power cable and that didnt fix it (so I dont think the cable is a problem).

Is there anything else I can try before resorting to buying a new battery?

Its a HP Probook 650 G1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-laptop-suddenly-stopped-charing.1163923/
Relevancy 48.16%

Suddenly my HP ENVY has stopped giving me a low battery notification I have gone through and tried to reset it many different times and nothing seems to work I know that th notifications are on but they just aren't showing up When I go through all of the settings everything seems to look right so I don't really know what is going on Does anyone have suggestions I've looked through some of the battery a HP my showing low notificatio... Envy Why has stopped different forums and been able to do the simpler stuff but I know that some people say to uninstall and reinstall things and I'm not quite brave enough to do that I have done the battery calibration and it says that it's a Good I think that this all happened after I had a update it just randomly disappeared one day I'm really getting sick of my computer just going into sleep mode suddenly it dims the screen around and then when it gets to when it should show the message it just sleeps nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Hi @D-Knight, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that the low battery notification does not show on your laptop. I want to help. Here is a link of YouTube video which may help. Let me know if it works.  To say "Thank you", click on the "Thumb up" icon. If the problem is solved, please click on "Accepted as Solution". Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Why-has-my-HP-Envy-stopped-showing-a-low-battery/td-p/5588342
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L750 laptop. Works fine for sometime and then the orange LED lights start blinking and then the battery stops charging and laptop shuts down once the battery drains. When I notice the blinking orange LED light if I remove the power cord and reconnect, then I dont have the problem for some time and then reappears. When the orange light blinks the Toshiba PC health monitor shows 0% system power consumption, Battery condition good. I don't think its a problem with the battery because I already bought one. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93824-Satellite-L750-battery-stopped-charging
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve been having a strange problem with the battery for my Thinkpad laptop I noticed Battery Stopped Working Thinkpad Suddenly the other day that Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working it wasn t charging when I plugged the AC adapter in Eventually it ran out completely and would not charge at all This happened very suddenly it was working fine a week ago If I have the battery installed and AC attached and hit the power button the system will start up for a few seconds and then shut down Sometimes it will randomly start AGAIN for another few seconds and then shut down The only way I can get the computer to run is with the battery removed and AC adapter attached If I start the computer up with the AC adapter attached and then insert the battery the computer immediately powers down I really want to get this problem resolved I m hoping that it s just the battery itself but it seems strange that it would stop working so suddenly From my experience laptop batteries tend to lose their power over time And even if the battery was no good shouldn t the computer still work as long as the AC line is connected I have no problem replacing the battery I m just not certain that this is the real issue It seems that the AC adapter works fine Is this likely just a battery problem or is it possible that the motherboard is damaged nbsp

A:Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi Dan and welcome to TSG.

I assume your Thinkpad's warranty has run out.

It could be a problem with the motherboard power circuitry but that would be expensive to fix.

As the charger looks ok the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to try a new battery.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-battery-suddenly-stopped-working.1138095/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I have a Dell Precision M4500 laptop which stopped recognizing the battery a couple months back. I have had the laptop for one year now with absolutely no problems up until this happened. I am pretty sure the battery is still good, it's not that old, but since the computer wont even recognize it is in, there's no way to check if it can charge. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, maybe there is a fix before I have to shell out the money for a new battery.

A:Dell Precision M4500 stopped recognizing battery

Laptop batteries go bad any time, and they are considered to be "consumable" like paper is to a printer. Replace the battery and you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m4500-stopped-recognizing-battery.182128/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using my Laptop ASUS for 2 years now and ever since I my Charger(Charger not battery)broke I tried charging my laptop with the broken charger with a diffren angle and sometimes work and sometimes not and the notfication of low battery always appears but when I decided to repair my charger it works perfectly fine but the only problem is that when my battery is low it does not warn notificatons anymore.halp message edited by HelpINeedAnswers

A:Asus laptop stopped giving low battery warning 10%

Give it a good long charge. After that does the charge indicator show (which I assume is on the laptop)?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/asus-laptop-stopped-giving-low-battery-warning-10/1791.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Purchased the HP Gold Luxe laptop with Windows less than two months ago This past week it started freezing up when moved even slightly or when picked up This happened during mundane browsing or using the computer even just to write notes not anything using lots of resources like gaming or even streaming video nbsp After looking around online I saw several suggestions including to try removing the battery I removed the battery and sure enough it did not freeze when when when freezes NEW battery -- remove... moved laptop stopped moved if battery is REMOVED and the laptop is plugged in nbsp nbsp Does this mean the battery is faulty Again this is a brand new laptop less than months old It is under warranty Am I going to have to ship the laptop to some HP service center or will they likely just send a replacement battery or what nbsp nbsp NEW laptop freezes when moved -- stopped when battery remove... Other notes specs of the computer are below Note that I did not change add remove any drivers or anything like that it is still as it was when taken from the box nbsp nbsp Includes Pavilion -g cy laptop with AC adapter four-cell lithium-ion battery and manual and PC Treasures software digital download ships separately Windows operating system GHz AMD A - P APU quad-core accelerated processor with MB L cache up to GHz with Turbo diagonal WLED-backlit HD touchscreen display with x resolution GB DDR L SDRAM TB RPM hard driveSuperMulti DVD drive b g n Wi-FiBluetooth wireless technologyAMD Radeon R graphics with up to MB total graphics memoryB amp O PLAY audio with dual speakersHP TrueVision HD webcam with dual-array digital micsFull-sized island-style keyboard with numeric keypadHP ImagePad with multi-gesture supportSD memory card reader -year Microsoft Office Personal subscriptionTwo USB portsUSB portHDMI ethernet portsHeadphone mic combo jackKensington MicroSaver lock slotMeasures approximately - W x - D x - D weighs lbsUL listed -year LMWImported

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/NEW-laptop-freezes-when-moved-stopped-when-battery-removed/td-p/5647669
Relevancy 47.3%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 46.87%

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference. Help!!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Worki...

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Battery-Stopped-Working/td-p/420988
Relevancy 46.87%

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference. Help!!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Worki...

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Battery-Stopped-Working/td-p/420988/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a compaq presario laptop model 714 NR vista os, Battery is fully charged but the computer will only run on AC when i unplug the ac power cord pc shuts off instintly, i tried removing the battery and doing a hard boot says battery is 100% also tried another new battery . pc just wont start or run on the battery runs just fine on the ac adaptor
Any ideas
Thanks masonman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-battery-power.1045349/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an acer 4730z, with windos xp program. My problem is that when i plug in the power cord it does not charge the laptop battery, both the battery and power cord are
replacements for the original part. Also green light on front of laptop blink when power cord in plugin. I am not that computer savvy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-up-the-battery.1045697/
Relevancy 46.01%

Using WIndows Never experienced this before I always operate the pc on electric never on the battery if I can help it Last night I had a big blip that showed up on the screen telling me that to lengthen the life of the battery I needed to change my power It gave me choices - one was Dell recommended No explanation Power Battery so I chose the quot recommended quot setting Once I did I discovered that even though I was still plugged in my taskbar showed me Battery Power operating on battery When I opened the pc today it was still on battery even though it was plugged in Later in Battery Power the day it automatically switched over electricity I m assuming this is the way it s supposed to work but I ve done searches on Power Settings etc and if I wanted to revert back to the way I was using the battery I can t find it I even did a quot restore quot and it didn t change Where do I find the setting that refers to this selection nbsp

A:Battery Power

Hi dianerowley,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. It appears that the power plan has been changed to "Balanced" or "Power saver". Try changing it to "High performance" and see if it that works.

For this, open Power Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type power options, and then click Power Options. Under Select a power plan, click Show additional plans, and then click High performance.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-power.1070359/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'd like to run my P without my battery in it since I usually use it in the same place with the AC P50: Power battery without No adapter plugged in I've so far been in the habit of having Airplane mode auto-detection enabled so the battery gets 'exercised' and when it gets low I turn it off to power the battery again nbsp But I'd rather just not have the battery in nbsp So P50: No Power without battery I took the battery out and the P loaded up fine for a sec nbsp After loggin in Windows it P50: No Power without battery did a hard shutdown nbsp I tried to power on again and what happens is the keyboard lights up for a split sec then nothing nbsp So it's like it's trying to power up but can't nbsp I looked for a BIOS setting and found one about an AC feature but that didn't make a difference nbsp This seems like odd behavior to me but still feel like there's a Lenovo specific bios feature somewhere or at least I'm hoping so Solved Go to Solution

A:P50: No Power without battery

Thank you for sharing your experience that when the battery is removed from your P50 ThinkPad and set in airplane mode, the system is unable to run the system on AC power.

The reason this setup does not work is because when Airplane mode is enabled, the 135W AC adapter acts as a 65W AC Adapter by design. Since the P50 requires more power than 65W, and expects to make up for that in Airplane Mode from the missing battery, the system will fail to power on.

Here is a Lenovo Service TIP that discusses Airplane Mode: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht100574

Thank you,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-No-Power-without-battery/td-p/3413730
Relevancy 46.01%

I'd like to run my P without my battery in it since I usually use it in the same place with the AC adapter plugged in I've so far been in the habit of having Airplane mode auto-detection enabled so the battery gets 'exercised' and when it gets low I No battery without Power turn it off to power the battery again nbsp But I'd rather just not have the No Power without battery battery in nbsp So I took the battery out and the P loaded up fine for a sec nbsp After loggin in Windows it did a hard shutdown nbsp I tried to power on again and what happens is the keyboard lights up for a split sec then nothing nbsp So No Power without battery it's like it's trying to power up but can't nbsp I looked for a BIOS setting and found one about an AC feature but that didn't make a difference nbsp This seems like odd behavior to me but still feel like there's a Lenovo specific bios feature somewhere or at least I'm hoping so

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/No-Power-without-battery/td-p/3413730
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Acer Aspire E14 E5-411 Windows 8.1 64 bit with both Google Chrome & Firefox acting as web browers.My question is that is it fine that I run the laptop via mains while battery is attached to laptop even though battery is 100% fully charged or will this harm the batterey.The only time I use the battery during the evening abd at weekends or would it be better to disconnect battery when using mains power

A:Battery or mains power

Yes, you can use your laptop on mains while the battery installed.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-or-mains-power/td-p/442623
Relevancy 45.58%

I want to use my old computer fan and i was wondering if its possible to power it off of an external battery. And if so whats the best way of going about it.

A:How can i power a fan off of an external battery?

You wouldn't be able to use a small battery like a off the shelf 9 volt. A standard fan could drain one in about 5 minutes. If you really want to I'd assume you'll need to use a lantern battery of something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-power-a-fan-off-of-an-external-battery.65794/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Vista OS.The power icon from my information taskbar has gone off.I tried to change the dispaly settings but it is greyed there so can't be changed.Can I get some help?

A:Power(battery) icon

Hi & Welcome, shujasmalik!

You probably just accidentally removed it from your system tray, so here's how to recover it properly:

Step 1: Locate your system tray (THIS is your system tray)
Step 2: Right-Click on it and select "Properties".
Step 3: You should see around 4 tabs, locate the third from the right called "Notification Area".
Step 4: You should now see a groupbox called "System Icons" and check "Power" (THIS is the groupbox)
Step 5: Click "Apply" then "OK".

HTH

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-battery-icon-374902.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a strange issue regarding powering on my laptop. Every time I do clean shut down, I must remove the battery to be able to switch on my laptop again. When working on power supply only (with battery removed) I must unplug it and plug again to fix the issue. Everything works fine if I power off the computer using power button at any time, then I can just press power button and laptop switches on.Because this model come with FreeDOS pre-installed I'm currently using Arch Linux on it. I updated UEFI to latest available version F.79 but it didn't help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Cannot-power-on-more-than-once-without-removing-battery/td-p/5664659
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi--
I have a laptop problem. My laptop (gateway 4530gz) will not work with a battery (I even got a new one)--whenever the battery is in, it freezes up as soon as it is moved (an inch)....Then for like 24 hours after the battery has been in, I have problems even getting the laptop to boot up. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-power-issue.539555/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Sony Vaio running windows 7 and I can not get either the power or battery icon up on the task bar or in the notification area, in fact no where in my computer can I find this. There a power management tab in the Vaio control centre but this dose not let me show the icons or the power status of my battery. Can someone please help me, Cheers.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I have searched and searched for an answer to this problem but can t seem Laptop Run on Won't Power Battery to find a solution Maybe someone here has a new idea Basically my computer suddenly stopped running on battery power It had been working just fine until about two weeks ago Here are the bullet points The computer won t turn Laptop Won't Run on Battery Power on with battery installed unless the A C adapter is also plugged into it And once on the computer Laptop Won't Run on Battery Power will shut down immediately if the A C plug is pulled out The battery is relatively new less than six months old When pressed the button on the battery itself indicates the battery is healthy all lights illuminate none flashing The meter on the computer indicates the new battery is working properly When left out for a couple days and then put back in the dell meter shows that it has lost power and goes about charging Laptop Won't Run on Battery Power it then successfully reports charge after a while I ve tried two old batteries known bad just haven t gotten around to taking them to be recycled while using A C adapter to see what the battery meter on the computer says The meter displays an empty battery with a red x at the bottom when either of those is put in What I can t understand is why is it only working one direction The battery will accept a charge from the computer then won t run off that charge later Other suggestions I ve already tried but haven t helped Verify computer has latest bios update Check for bent contacts Clean contacts with high pressure air can Clean contacts with q-tip Tried the other batteries to verify that the Dell Battery Meter isn t reporting dead batteries as healthy Checked for dead cells by pushing button on battery Check Dell s website for any available downloads to do with power supply none found Check Dell s website to be sure the battery is not on a recall list it s not Other Quick facts Computer - Dell Inspiron E OPsys - Vista Computer warranty - just expired figures Battery is still under warranty but that warranty only covers batteries that won t hold a charge This battery appears to be holding a charge just fine so I m concerned that the problem lies with the computer Does anyone have any other suggestions or has anyone else ever heard of such a problem I would really appreciate the help Thanks TahmeG nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Alls I hope you can help my problems I have a laptop IBM T which is P GHz MB RAM GB HDD with DVD Rom The problem is that my laptop battery!!!!!!!!! its with unable My on power together to IBM unable to power on while its battery is seated and the AC adapter cord is plugged for the whole time However I can switch it on and it works without any problems when i took the battery off I reseated the battery and ran it again At that time it s smoothly works So I shut down again and left the AC Cord attaching to the Laptop for a quite few minutes My IBM unable to power on together with its battery!!!!!!!!! about min and then i tried to switch it on it failed again So I took off the battery and AC cord reseated the battery only and ran it It also okay The battery is in good condition I d like to know that what the problem of my laptop is Which parts of problem Best regards pearlzin nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-ibm-unable-to-power-on-together-with-its-battery.485322/
Relevancy 45.58%

There were problems with our battery being dead,so i was going to do the disabled the battery fix plan, but i accidentally disabled the battery and the charger adapter, so when i turned the computer off i can not turn it back on. Is there anyway to reset that setting so that i can turn the computer back on.

A:Power/Battery Failure

Hello SOCxMustang and welcome to TSF,

Are you talking about a setting in Windows?

Your Windows power plan settings should have no effect on the computer powering on.

What brand/model is your laptop?

When the power adapter is plugged in, does the charge LED light up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-battery-failure-668809.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Acer Aspire E14 E5-411 Windows 8.1 64 bit with both Google Chrome & Firefox acting as web browers.My question is that is it fine that I run the laptop via mains while battery is attached to laptop even though battery is 100% fully charged or will this harm the batterey.The only time I use the battery during the evening abd at weekends or would it be better to disconnect battery when using mains power

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-or-mains-power/td-p/442623/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.58%

I upgraded to 8 a few days ago (doing a clean install by usb after downloading Windows through the Upgrade Assistant) and everything about Windows 8 itself is great! Except that my battery-duration is really suffering. Before (and by before I mean, that same day, but using windows 7) I used to have like 6 hours of battery duration, sometimes topping at 8 hours with the energy saving plan. Now I'm lucky if I have 3 hours using using the energy saving plan. What I find the weirdest is that switching between energy plans doesn't gives me any gain.

Anyone noticed something like this on its laptop?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11606-anyone-having-battery-power-issues.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Since I don't use my computer as much anymore, I've noticed that when I put it to sleep and leave it idle with the power cord unplugged, it shuts off after 5-6 days. When I boot it up following this, it's obvious that it just powered out, it didn't shut down. I put it to sleep like most people and I don't want to keep the cord connected all the time, since it will kill my battery in the long term, nor do I want to worry about un-connecting and re-connecting when I'm not planning on using it.

My question is: if I put it to sleep and the battery level gets low, is there a way to program it to hibernate instead, or at least shut down safely? I've checked advanced power options and the answer doesn't seem to be there.

A:Disable power off while on battery

I don't think so. If it's in sleep mode Windows isn't running so those settings don't come into play anyway.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/67177-disable-power-off-while-battery.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have had my Chromebook 14 for 2 months. It will only power on when the power chord is plugged in. In the bottom right corner it says it's charging but stays at 1% and if you remove the power chord after leaving it for hours the Chromebook won't turn on.  There is zero helpful info about HP Chromebooks anywhere on the website. The only thread I could find with help directed people to a battery checking page. Everything on that page is specific to Windows machines and can't do anything. I really feel lost here as I've never had a piece of technology with zero support and no way to get help. Can someone please help me figure out how to warranty this thing? I know the battery is dead but the HP site feels like they prefer I just give up out of frustration. 

A:Chromebook 14 won't power up from battery

Hello commercialscott,I see that the battery in your Chromebook is not charging. I will try to help you with this.For this I will refer you to this Google Chromebook troubleshooter: Fix hardware and system issues. If you go through the steps it provides and are directed to contact the manufacture. Here is the information to do so.HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Chromebook-14-won-t-power-up-from-battery/td-p/3940448
Relevancy 45.58%

When I have the laptop off (Toshiba A75-S229) the ac power light is on and the battery charge light is on. As soon as I turn on and it starts to open windows the charge light goes off. Then as windows opens the laptop runs only on battery even though the ac light is on.
Except if I enter bios then the battery keeps charging.
Just wondering if anyone knows a setting or conflict that would keep laptop from switching to ac from battery?
Or could there be something in msconfig that I could check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-power-only-on-laptop.43832/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a problem! who knew. When I have the battery installed in my gateway M505 my computer only runs at around 600-800 Mhz. It's built to run at 1.4G, which it does, BUT only when I remove the battery. Here's the thing that ticks me off, the battery is reading 0% in power settings utility in XP. So I run the comp off AC with the battery installed. I expect it to run at normal power settings. Also the battery charge indicator will not come on when I have AC power hooked up. My drivers all seem to be right, but there has to be a problem here somewhere. I already have a new battery on order and on it's way, but how I get the comp to run at 100% CPU power while on AC with a battery installed. And is there possibly a problem with the laptop that's causing the battery to not charge?

A:Battery and AC power settings in XP

You may need a BIOS uodate to fix APCI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-and-ac-power-settings-in-xp.226904/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey i was wondering is there a gadget out there that can imitate a 9v DC through batteries.
I have just purchased some wireless headpones and it would be great if some product could do that.
thanks,
BRIAN

A:Power Gadget: 9v dc to 9v battery

Wireless headphones usually carry their own, often rechargeable, batteries. Are you really having to drag around a lead from a power supply? If you are having to use a trailing power lead because the headphones do have an internal battery which is defunct, you should replace that battery and NOT connect an external one.
Batteries supply DC (direct current). If your headphones really do not have an internal battery, presumably there is a socket on the headphones which accepts the current power lead. You can easily make up a connector to a battery. First you need to identify the exact size and type of the socket on the headphones so as to match it to the correct plug. It will probably be a "DC Power" type.
Having obtained the correct plug, you solder it to leads to the correct battery connector. It is ABSOLUTELY vital that you connect the two with correct polarity, so that the headphone socket positive terminal goes to the battery positive and the negative to the negative. It you get it the wrong way round, you are likely to see smoke and dead headphones after only the briefest contact, especially if you use a rechargeable battery.
It would also be a good idea to find what current the headphones draw, so that you can choose a big enough battery not to have to change it every five minutes. Rechargeable versions of the little 9 volt transistor battery (old nomenclature PP3) typically have capacities of 110 to 200 mAH. That means that if the headphones draw between 11 and 20 milliamps on average, you would get 10 hours use from a fully charged battery respectively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-gadget-9v-dc-to-9v-battery.634393/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is it possible for a bad battery to prevent battery A/C interfering power? Bad with a laptop from getting A C power I bought a used Thinkpad and have been restoring it It came with a battery that is shot I bought a new A C adaptor to power it which works fine The problem seems to be the battery - if it s in the machine when I try to turn it on I hear a few clicks and then nothing No power no Bad battery interfering with A/C power? start even if the A C adaptor is plugged in If I remove the battery and leave it plugged in it powers and boots Bad battery interfering with A/C power? just fine But if while on I try to put the battery in it kills the machine instantly I ve never heard of a battery intercepting and blocking A C power - anyone else Is it the battery or something inside the machine when a battery any battery is installed I don t have another to test with I m planning on selling this machine and I d like to know what I ve got Thanks nbsp

A:Bad battery interfering with A/C power?

Yes, sounds like a defective battery to me. I have seen this situation with Laptops right out of the box, from the manufacturer.

Go into the BIOS and set it to defaults; save changes. Reboot. Turn off laptop. Insert battery.

Report results.

Here's hoping for

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-battery-interfering-with-a-c-power.808872/
Relevancy 45.58%

Laptop never power on with battery but will power with AC adaptor. Changed the battery but only work for a week. It display 0% available plug in, charging and never increase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-15-d005sia-never-power-on-with-battery/td-p/5796143
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey I m over at a friends house fixing his laptop and he told me for a long time that his computer could not run off the battery So I started working on it and discovered after I took it out and put it back in that it started Solved: Battery and AC power to charge the battery So I thought oh all it needs to do is charge I left it charging for about two hours and I check on it It was at about and it now said it was running on AC power so it stopped charging the battery When it says its on AC power I cant figured out how to switch to battery power or make it start charging again and if you pull out the cord the computer dies it doesn t switch to battery power it doesn t even shut down its just off all of a sudden If you try to turn it on it won t You either have to put the AC cable back in and then it boots on AC power and doesn t do anything with the battery or if you take out the battery and put it back in then it will boot off the battery but it only has about a minute life If you turn it on with Solved: Battery and AC power the battery and then put in the AC cable it charges for a little then switches to AC power before the battery is full and makes it so it will shut off if you pull out the cable So Solved: Battery and AC power I want to know if I can make it keep charging the battery and if I can make it switch to battery when the AC cable is pulled out Many thanks to any who can help DMF Apothem nbsp

A:Solved: Battery and AC power

Well, the first thing that I would do is test the battery in another computer.
Then try a good know battery pack in the original computer.
If the original battery works properly in another computer and the known good battery does not work in the original computer then the battery charging/AC switch module
may be bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-battery-and-ac-power.749919/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have problem with my power charger and it says go to hp technal surport what do i do please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/power-battery-charger/td-p/5697626
Relevancy 45.58%

I have purchased hp-pavilion 3 years back.But it is not taking any power from battery or power and it is not working .we have gone to hp service center they have charged 7000 but after 2 days  again it is not working.so pls help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion-is-not-ON-either-by-battery-or-power/td-p/5675511
Relevancy 45.58%

One year later I m back with another problem I just hope this is the correct forum I purchased the laptop I m using about two years ago For those two years I have never removed the battery but have used AC power nearly always with the exception of a few quick trips and a couple of hours once every week or two Initially the battery lasted about hours on a good day with Wi-Fi enabled A few weeks ago that was reduced seemingly instantly to about - minutes Upon doing some research which I should ve done when I first got the laptop I m pretty certain that the battery is about to kick the bucket What worries me though is how the laptop seems to be becoming increasingly hotter these past few weeks Despite AC power won't on Laptop battery. run without the fact that my battery hasn t been involved in any recalls the Laptop won't run on AC power without battery. paranoid side of me is hesitant about leaving it in for much longer For now however being able to afford a new battery is up in the air that s a nice way of saying not an option So I attempted to remove the battery and use only AC power About three seconds after I turned the laptop on it shut off Upon a second and third try it wouldn t turn on at all I let it rest for about minutes and tried again it lasted long enough to show the Windows XP logo ten or so seconds and again shut off I popped the battery back in and it turned on without a problem So I m left wondering what s wrong Has my laptop become dependent on battery power How if possible can I resolve this Seeing as how - minutes of mobility is absolutely useless to me I m not comfortable keeping the battery in for much longer and risking this increasing amount of heat turning into a big problem If they re at all useful here are the specs for the battery and the laptop Toshiba Satellite M -S Intel Celeron M processor GHz quot diagonal WXGA display MB DDR SRAM GB RPM HDD DVD SuperMulti Double Layer drive b g wireless Microsoft Windows XP HomeClick to expand Li-ion BATTERY PACK Model NO PA U- BRS DC V mAHClick to expand Also here s an idea of the daily usage of the laptop I m normally on it for an average of or so hours a day and leave it in standby when not in use I don t usually run large programs normally I m running Pidgin Firefox and xplorer as well as AVG Free and Windows Defender with Wi-Fi enabled If you d like to any additional information just ask Any help or advice is appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop won't run on AC power without battery.

I've seen a number of laptops that won't run without the battery, so I'd say that could be normal. A laptop shouldn't damage the battery pack with it plugged in continuously. My wife's laptop has been plugged in most of the time for a year, the battery is just fine. The charging circuit in the laptop should not overcharge the battery.

If the laptop is getting hot, you might consider blowing the dust out of the fans, which is a major reason for overheating of laptops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-run-on-ac-power-without-battery.617534/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ive got a packard bell sj51

The problem is :

When the laptop is plugged in (charging) it runs fine and processor load never increases above 82% while browsing webpages and everything works smoothly. However when i use it on battery power , even with the High Performance battery plan task manager shows 100% usage of processor while streaming youtube , loading forum threads etc. Even if i have a youtube video playing in the background while im browsing something else the sound starts to lag and the laptop gets really slow and non responsive.

I am not even sure if i have the correct drivers for my laptop but i can't find any drivers for Packard Bell SJ_51 , especially not for Windows 7 64-bit.

A:Gets slow on battery power

Hey man! I had this same issue on my HP laptop. I noticed that after plugging to the power again, everything would work fine again after few minutes. So I decided to check the advanced options of the power plans, and noticed that cooling policy was set to passive when using battery. That was overheating the processor, what makes it run really crappy. I just set the cooling to Active again and now i can work normally using battery. I hope it solves your problem.

Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236524-gets-slow-battery-power.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1000) is missing the battery but I thought I could power it up using the AC adaptor but no luck. Should this particular laptop power without the battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-power-on-ac-without-battery.1081737/
Relevancy 45.58%

Various problems have now arisen on my HP laptop. 1. The laptop won't turn on if the AC adapter is plugged in, but will turn on with just the battery. It then runs fine if I plug the AC adapter in. However, 2. I get a 'Battery not detected' error message, when the adapter is plugged in but not when running on battery power only. 3 The battery does not charge while the adapter is plugged in, Hence my battery is down to 20% now. 4 I have tried using a different battery from a friend's laptop and get the same effect so I don't think it's my battery. Help please! 

A:Battery and power up problems

Dear Customer,  The issue could be with the A/C adapter or the Charging  Port of the laptop. Please try with another working adapter, if the issue persists, as mentioned its the charging port failure ,where you connect the charger. I recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance. HP will service it if the unit is in Warranty. You can also http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty to verify the warranty status. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-and-power-up-problems/td-p/5852579
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently replaced my battery becasue I thought it was duff....this doean't now wseem to be the case. If I unplug the AC power and plug it back into the laptop the charging state changes for about 15-20 seconds and then goes off and returns to AC power only. current charge is 23%

Relevancy 45.58%

A friend asked me to look into why his Aspire One (P1VE6, 722-0879) doesn't power up. The transformer is putting out 19v so I assume it's okay. But with the transformer plugged into the netbook there's not a flicker of life after pressing the power button, regardless of whether the battery is installed or absent.  One possibility is that the battery is dead, and a battery must be present for the netbook to power up. Can anyone confirm if a working battery must be present for an Aspire One to power up?  Thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Can-an-Aspire-One-power-up-without-battery/td-p/451915
Relevancy 45.58%

Here's a strange one:

On my Thinkpad R31, if it is plugged into an outlet, XP hangs on the splash screen, it even hangs on all safe modes. If I unplug it and let it boot off the battery, it boots perfectly fine. Once it's booted, I can run it off the adapter without a problem. The adapter charges the battery fine, and the battery holds a charge for a little over three hours of light use (web browsing, word processing).

Any ideas as to why it does this? I've tested it several times and it always boots without a flaw off the battery, but never off the adapter. I don't even know what to begin with here its so strange.

Thanks,

Joe

BTW, it stops at mup.sys when booting in safe mode.

A:XP will only boot on battery power

Could be the power supply causing it have you tried another power supply?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-will-only-boot-on-battery-power.700906/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everybody I've got a serious problem and I went through many forums but I can't solve this out I've got HP Pavilion dv ec laptop with Vista on it I did the files backup onto external harddrive with HP recovery integrated software and after formating drive and reinstaling Vista also with HP recovery soft restoration at stopped HP backup recovery - 0% I tried to restore the HP recovery backup - restoration stopped at 0% files There are files in the folder X MINWINPC Backup Files - - Backup exe Bytes Backup fbw Bytes After executing Backup exe Recovery Manager showed up everything went well but the whole restoration process somehow stopped at However the process Backup exe was using of CPU all the time I waited for hours and nothing happend Progress complete Please wait No restored files in C System Recovery Files but only the log files Restorewiz Bytes Restorewiz log Bytes Here's the content of Restorewiz log Log started Friday - - at Using st log ini Log level Forced flush Compressed Encrypted - - STEP Initialization - - INFORMATION Create destination directory succeed - - INFORMATION Repertory to restore C System Recovery Files - - INFORMATION Get volume filename C MINWINPC Backup Files - - Backup exe - - INFORMATION Version of RestoreWiz exe - - INFORMATION File skin smf extract successfully - - INFORMATION File filetypes ini extract successfully - - INFORMATION File restorewiz lgg extract successfully - - INFORMATION English is the user language r n If language doesn't exist in lgg file the language is english - - INFORMATION Pictures extension jpeg tiff xbm svgz b bp d ds th i i i i i i ba bp xi a i xi ab adi aec aed ahs ai art bif bil bm bmp br br br bsk btf bw cad cam cci cck cdr cdt cfp cga cgm clp cmu cmx cov cp cph cpi cpt cr crw cs cs ct ctb cvp cvr cvx dc dc dcm dcx det dfx dgn dib dim djv dng dpx drt drw dsf dwg dws dwt dwx dwz dxb dxf dxx efx ega egm emf emo emz eps exp exr eya fax fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fhc ft ft ft fxd fxr g f g n gbt gcd gem gfb gfm gif gis goo gry hot hpl hrf hrz icb ico ief ifc iff igf im im im im imj imt imx j c j k jb jbg jfi jfx jif jmh jng jp jpc jpe jpg jpm jpx jsl jtf kdk kfx kic kpx kqp lbm ldf lm lpp lv lwf lwo lws mdi mix mrw msp ncr nef nib nic npm odi oil onx opd orf otb oti p d pbm pc pc pcc pcd pcg pcs pct pcx pd pd pd pd pd pd pd pd pd pda pdd pdn pdp pdw pfr pgm pic pig pix pjp plt png pnm pov pp pp ppm prt ps psb psd psp pwp pxr qti raf ras raw rf rgb rle rpx s g s j s n sda sfw sgi sjp skf slb sld spe spn srf svg sxd sy tcw tdi tef tga thb thm tif tim tnl tub u d ucg udi ufo upf upx uvp vda vec vel vff vfl vga vgr vml wbm wd wdp wi wif wmf wpg wpw x f xcf xif xim xjt xwd yuv - - INFORMATION Musics extension acm aiff midi cda aifc aac m a m b a k aa abs ac ahx aif amr aob ape au avr b s dls dus emp far fla it kar la la lav lqp lqt lsl lwz m a m a m a m u m a m b m p mad mdz med mid mjf mka mlp mnd mod mp mp mp mpc msq mtm mus myr ntx nxt ogg oma omc omg pcm pls pna ra ram rm rmi rmj rmm rmp s m s m sd se sfr sib sid smi snd sng swa tfx thx tta vbk vmf voc vox vqf w wav wax wma xm xmf - - INFORMATION Videos extension mpeg rv wmd wpl mp v mpv divx g gp afl asf asx avi d v dcr dif dmv dvd dvr dvx flc flm flv flx fmv gvi gvp ifo ivf jmf jmm lsf lsx m s m v m v m v mkm mkv mmv mng mov mp mpa mpe mpg mqv nsv ogm omf ppj qt qtc qtl qtm qtv rmx rnx rp rts rv rvx s s s q smo ssm ssw swf tmi ts vcr vfw vid viv vob vro wm wmp wmv wmx wvx - - INFORMATION TV extension dvr-ms - - INFORMATION Documents extension acl ade adn ag ans dic wbd xl vs wmz cdg html zip rar ace info py pyo enc php asp pyw rc policy pcl cer pth xslt pe ph tf abw adp asc asm ast aww bdb bsw bud bv bv bv bv bv bv bv bv bv c cpp css csv cw cwk cwl cws cxx db db db dbf dbs ddb def des diz doc dot dox dta dvi dwf dz ebo edd edn etd evy ext ezs faq fdf flp fm fm fm fmf fmo fmt fp fp fp fpt frt frx fsl fsx fx gdb gph gth h hpp htc htm hwp hxx hz ics iif inc ind jtd jtx lit log lst ltx lwd lwp m m m m m maf mar mbf mcw mdb... Read more

A:HP recovery backup - restoration stopped at 0%

Hi xangel. . .

Welcome to TSF - Vista.

Is there more to that log file than you pasted in the post? I ask as you mentioned that you waited for hours... yet the log time span is only 1 min 5 sec. It ends with an entry that a thread for restore has been opened. What happens after this?

I'm looking for additional clarification of what it is that you are trying to do here, please. You obviously can boot into Vista and log on. Do you want to restore the system back to HP factory settings?

While in the HP Recovery Manager, it asked you at 14:08:10 what types of files you wanted to restore. What option from the screen shown below did you choose - or was it different?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-recovery-backup-restoration-stopped-at-0-a-278204.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, when trying to run the HP Recovery Manager on a HP Pavilion DV6-3180ea notebook, the error "Recover Manager has stopped working" occurs. Any ideas? Should I try reinstalling Recovery Manager? 

A:Recovery Manager has stopped working

Restart the PC and start continuously tapping F11 when you see the HP logo, this will start Recovery manager from the bios, see if it works using this method.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-has-stopped-working/td-p/735057
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Win XP It s about years old The last couple of days when I have it plugged in the battery & Laptop Toshiba Battery Power indicator icon acknowledges it s on AC Power but the battery is still draining and the laptop turns off I have not changed the power settings at all but I checked them and all seems fine The battery is the original came with laptop and the AC adaptor is fairly new purchased this year This laptop did have problems with Toshiba Laptop & Battery Power the AC port coming loose which I fixed Twice First by soldering it back onto the motherboard then by changing it alltogether As it stands when my laptop is plugged in and turned on the battery drains until it turns off about an hour The battery will charge when the laptop is off The battery charge indicator led light turns OFF when I power up the laptop It turns on again when I power down The battery will only charge when the laptop is off Is this a battery issue An AC jack issue An AC adapter issue Does anyone have any experience with this Sorry for length but I am trying to foresee any questions anyone might have nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop & Battery Power

I would say it is most likely a battery issue if it is original, there is circutry in all laptop batteries that control charging and discharging and for safety. My guess would be start you search here, the battery is probably due for replacing anyways. If the adapter can charge it off then the adapter should be OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-battery-power.828534/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Thinkpad X-220 laptop, model 4286-cto. I have two chargers: the 42T4418 (65W) and the 42T4430(90W). Can you please advise as to which batteries (36305 4 cell, 36306 6 cell, 36307 9 cell) are compatible with these chargers? I still have the original battery and I am ready to replace it. I want to make sure that I don't have any issues between the battery I choose and the chargers I own. Thanks much!

A:X-220 Battery and Power Supply Compatibility

Welcome to the forum!

Any charger will work with any battery. I used both type of chargers with several 6 cell and 9 cell batteries for my three X220 without any issue.

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X-220-Battery-and-Power-Supply-Compatibility/td-p/3376214
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a hp pavilion dv4 with 4gb ram and windows vista and it won't boot under battery power even though when I boot it up with ac power it says the battery is fully charged.

A:Battery power boot up problem

How old is the HP? If its been a few years since you bought it, you might try re calibrating the battery from the BIOS, most HP and Gateway computers have a utility inside the BIOS for calibrating the battery. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-power-boot-up-problem.189626/
Relevancy 45.15%

A user brought me her laptop (an Acer Aspire 4520) for start up speed issues. While dealing with that I noticed that after shut down, I couldn't power the machine back up by pressing the power button. I have to unplug the power chord and then I can power the machine up. Also, if the machine is in sleep mode the power button doesn't wake it whether it's plugged in or not. You have to unplug it AND pull the battery to bring it back to a state where it will power up.

I've tried every configuration provided to me be Vista to configure the power button behavior in the CP but no luck...

Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 TK-53 1.7GHz
1GB RAM
GeForce Nvidia 7000m

A:Laptop will power up on battery, but not while plugged in

The motherboards charging circuit could be damaged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-power-up-on-battery-but-not-while-plugged-in.168802/
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought this HP laptop not so long ago, and just recently it has stopped being capable of operating on battery power. In addition, it is constantly charging the battery, but the battery charge meter does not rise. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it myself, or will I simply have to part from the laptop for a few weeks/months to send it back to the manufacturer?

Relevancy 45.15%

I bought a refurbhsed Pavillion -G DS nbsp I charged the notebook upon delivery nbsp The charging light on the computer by the AC adapter input was red when I first plugged it in then turned white - assuming the battery is fully charged nbsp I unplugged the AC adapter and turned the computer on nbsp It worked fine for about an hour nbsp Then the computer turned off nbsp Nothing nbsp No light on issue Power/battery/Adapter the power on button nothing nbsp I plugged the AC adapter on thinking the battery was old tried to run the laptop off of AC power and nothing happened nbsp nbsp I have run the diagnostic on the battery PASSED and the adapter PASSED nbsp Just today Power/battery/Adapter issue I tried it again nbsp The battery has been charging the white light is on turned on the computer and when plugging in the adapter the computer turned off and the battery light shows red nbsp The computer will not turn on nbsp Should I get a new nbsp AC adapter nbsp Thanks nbsp Susan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-battery-Adapter-issue/td-p/5788012
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a tablet that restarts every 5 minutes while on battery power. When connected to regular direct current the problem doesn't happen

A:Lenovo restarts on battery power

Good day.

If you could provide more info about your system (eg. model, OS version, etc), we can confirm that your post is in the proper location, and it may help the community to assist you.

Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-restarts-on-battery-power/td-p/2250018
Relevancy 45.15%

I would really like some help resolving my BSOD problem. I have experienced it several times now while running on battery but today it occurred while I was connected to power. I run blue screen viewer and it identified the broadcom driver as the main cause. Have tried reinstalling it twice now but no avail.

I have attached the results from the SF diagnostics tool.

Please help. I'm at the end of my wits here. tried everything I could think of except a reinstall of windows.

A:BSOD while running on battery power

Yep, it's the broadcom driver all right.

Have you tried the broadcom site for the latest driver:

Determining the Correct Driver for Broadcom Ethernet Products | Broadcom

That should help you identify and download the latest driver for your braodcom device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246455-bsod-while-running-battery-power.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When on 110 power the machine runs as expected. When on battery power (have tried two different batteries fully charged) it runs erratically. Mouse cursor is jumpy and hard to control. programs open funny. Have run virus scan and SpyBot with no success. Have checked power settings and see nothing unusual.
Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-t-40-win-xp-pro-erratic-performance-on-battery-power.227958/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,

In XP, we had the option of executing a script when the computer switched from AC to battery power, and also when the battery reached a critical level. This was extremely useful because I had a special script run to send an email that the power had gone out and then hibernate the computer when it reached a critical level.

In the Windows 7 power options screens, I see no such options. Were they removed? If so, wtf?

Thanks in advance.

A:Run Script on Battery/Critical Power

See if you can find what you need here:
http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com...alue=batteries

or
Here: http://windows7news.com/2009/11/30/b...ry-management/

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61617-run-script-battery-critical-power.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I noticed that my battery can go from 80% to 10% immediately, but when i plug it to a charger it changes to about 50++% battery? Is this a battery issue ?

A:Battery changes when plugged into power supply

Hi, Please use the following way to test and check:            http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771 If failed, you need to replace battery. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-changes-when-plugged-into-power-supply/td-p/5796528
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a new battery. The laptop is g560 working fine on AC adapter without battery in. When I put  the battery in the laptop starts draing the battery without charging. May be it will work if I uninstl the ACPI...thing  from windows 7 the problem is that impossible to turn on the machine with the empty battery  and the AC plugged in. Evry time switching on it tries to boot on battery ignoring the AC adaptor. I have no idea if the battery is charging when the laptop is turned off. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G560-ac-power-and-battery-not-working-together/td-p/3313670
Relevancy 45.15%

no power to laptop...either with battery or dc adapter......when you plug in the adapter, there is no indicator light ....have tried removing all power sources and holding down the power button ...for in excess of 2 minutes ...reconnect adapter only ...still nothing.....removed all hard drives and all but 1 stick of memory and tried again...nothing....could power cable be bad?....this happened suddenly....worked one minute...then nothing.....any thoughts and if power cable is the culprit ...how do i tell if it has dicrete or uma memory?......Help!!! please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-does-not-power-up-with-battery-or-adapter/td-p/5703595
Relevancy 45.15%

i am in need of a suggestion, i would like to know which internet browser thats saves power when you are using the battery so far i found out IE10 doesn't, Google Chrome does, but i am concerned about my privacy and Mozilla Firefox doesn't, so any other suggestions would be helpful thank you

A:Browser that saves battery power

I'm not sure about Firefox but ie10 relies on gpu rendering which shifts everything through your video card,
Using software rendering might save a little power ?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/149063-internet-explorer-gpu-hardware-acceleration-turn-off.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/315701-browser-saves-battery-power.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys,

My laptop (Gateway MT3705) has some problem when it is running on battery power.
It runs on Windows Vista Home Premium, here is its spec: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3499&review=Gateway+MT3705

When my laptop is running on battery, a blue screen comes up at random times and reboots my computer. This is really annoying, and I am afraid that it will cost damage to my hard drive.

The laptop is completely fine when it is plugged-in, no blue screens or whatnot.

I have no idea what is going on, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-while-on-battery-power.616230/
Relevancy 45.15%

ok last year in september i got a laptop, windows vista and whenever i have the power cord in while im using within like 10mins of using it the screen goes blank but the computer stays on. when i run it in safe mode while the cord is plugged in no problems, can anyone help

A:Power cord/ battery problem

Computer make and model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-cord-battery-problem.763139/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello My Lenovo on battery Laptop sleep Win won't when power 7 Y Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power laptop won t go to sleep standby when its operating on battery power It will go to tsleep if its plugged in to the AC adapter I tried closing all programs and different user accounts to see if it is a specific program that s causing the issue but to no avail I m using Win ultimate -bit Code -------- EVEREST Ultimate Edition ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Benchmark Module Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer PAULTOLBERT-LAP Generator Paul Tolbert Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Win RTM Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack - Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Computer Name PAULTOLBERT-LAP User Name Paul Tolbert Logon Domain PaulTolbert-Lap Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T MHz x Motherboard Name Lenovo KL Motherboard Chipset Intel Cantiga GM System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM Samsung M B EH -CF GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B EH -CF GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power BIOS Type Phoenix Display Video Adapter Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family KB Video Adapter Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family KB Monitor AU Optronics B XW V quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel HDMI Intel IB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller A- Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel IB Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power ICH - High Definition Audio Controller A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH M-E M SATA AHCI Controller Storage Controller Virtual CloneDrive Disk Drive FUJITSU MJA BH G GB RPM SATA-II Optical Drive ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Virtual CD-ROM Optical Drive ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Virtual CD-ROM Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- S DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address HIDDEN Network Adapter Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Intel R WiFi Link AGN Peripherals Printer FAMILYDELLPC Canon MX series Printer Printer Fax Printer Foxit Phantom Printer Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer QuickBooks PDF Converter Printer Send To OneNote Infrared Controller ITECIR Infrared Receiver EC Infrared Controller Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Enhanced Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Enhanced Host Controller A- USB Device Lenovo EasyCamera USB Device USB Composite Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Battery Microsoft Composite Battery DMI DMI BIOS Vendor LENOVO DMI BIOS Version CN WW DMI System Manufacturer LENOVO DMI System Product IdeaPad Y DMI System Version Rev DMI System Serial Number KL BNNN DMI System UUID D EA - B A - - BCD FA DMI Motherboard Manufacturer LENOVO DMI Motherboard Product KL DMI Motherboard Version Rev DMI Motherboard Serial Number EB DMI Chassis Manufacturer LENOVO DMI Cha... Read more

A:Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power

In windows 7 go to start menu, control panel power options, set the options you would like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-laptop-wont-sleep-when-on-battery-power.967647/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi there,
my internet slows when i unplug my power chord?
and regains speed as soon as i plug the chord again.
it happens in all the browsers.

thanks in advance.
with best regards.

A:Internet slows down on battery power.

Your computer specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189597-internet-slows-down-battery-power.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys, i have a dell laptop with 2 gb of ram.. When it is plugged in it does not lag at all.. Like if i move the windows around it doesnt lag, but if its on battery it does.. i have tried to change the power option to performance, but it still lags.. Thanks
--
Brockishh

A:When on battery power computer lags??

Is the battery fully charged?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370883/when-on-battery-power-computer-lags/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an issue with a G - notebook nbsp The owner is an on G50-45 on power doesn't with Lenovo battery older nbsp acquaintance of mine who couldn't use it with the WIndows which is the original OS comming with it so in order to install a WIn was needed an update of the BIOS Downloaded from the official Lenovo support center ofcourse nbsp After the update I finaly managed to boot Windows on the notebook but now it won't turn on while battery is on I tried the battery draining suggestions mentioned not once or twice in this forum and nothing gave result Ref nbsp https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks G -won-t-start-on-battery td-p nbsp nbsp nbsp Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on When pressing the power OR nbsp the Novo button it is getting in a cotinous boot loop while battery is on I tryed Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on many varieties but while the battery is installed - Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on the notebook keeps restarting but when I remove it and power on only on AC evrything seems to be going quite well nbsp So after I installed the new OS I digged myself into the forum and I ran onto the above mentioned techniques but unfortunatelly after several tries - I give up nbsp My question is - do you have any other ideas Is my problem hardware because it does not exit when I remove this particular hardware - the battery or it is some issue because nbsp of the updated BIOS nbsp nbsp I hope somebody will give me the next direction how to fix what I did please nbsp Thank you in advanced nbsp nbsp BRStacy nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-doesn-t-power-on-with-battery-on/td-p/3353079
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an NV7802, original battery. Windows 10. Last night I noticed that the battery was not charging whike plugged in. I removed the battery, plugged the adapter in no power. Purchased an adapter this morning, battery charges for about 10 seconds. Battery is now dead and laptop will boot up when plugged in with the battery installed, lets me logon and then shuts off with no lights on the front panel. I think this a windows problem and I have notified them also.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/No-power-battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/434445/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.15%

This is definately a hardware issue. This laptop will stay on only for a few seconds, and then sometimes for even less. I plug it in press power, it powers up and appears to start working than it suddenly shuts off. I was thinking maybe a power supply, but because I have never changed a laptop power supply, I thought to inquire here to see if anyone might have some advice. All help appreciated!

Thx

A:laptop won't hold power, could it be battery??

power supply or battery. Shorted battery could cause the problem but so could a bad PS. You need a voltmeter to tell which.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-hold-power-could-it-be-battery.437311/