Windows Support Forum

DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection

Q: DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.96%

Is it possible to....

I have a laptop, running windows7, which connects to a wireless access point (on a train). I also have a usb dongle. Is it possible to configure that my connection to the internet uses both - ie if one does not work the other will kick in - and specify a preference order?

Many thanks

A:Dual network connection - to the internet.

Quote: Originally Posted by fhudo

Is it possible to....

I have a laptop, running windows7, which connects to a wireless access point (on a train). I also have a usb dongle. Is it possible to configure that my connection to the internet uses both - ie if one does not work the other will kick in - and specify a preference order?

Many thanks

Hello fhudo, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums. We welcome your questions!

I think the best you will be able to do is to create a separate "profile" for the two wireless devices. It will be like having two networks, but you can only use one at a time. It gets complicated because the network server gives a computer its IP address based on the MAC address coded into each network device. If you were to switch to a different network device, the server thinks this must be a new computer, but the computer is still trying to connect with the other device's address.

You will need to create a new network connection for each device. If you google the topic, you should find lots of help on how to set it up.

Happy surfing!

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22708-dual-network-connection-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Currently have two laptops: one is a MacBook using OS X, the other a Gateway PC running Vista Home Edition. A Dell Inspiron 17R notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium is in process of delivery. Current laptops linked on a home Wi-Fi network with AirPort Express router. Anticipated use of new Dell notebook requires its direct connection to Internet outside of current network configuration. Is it possible to have both accesses available in my setup utilizing my one cable high speed service connection? If so, what are the steps needed to accomplish the required setup?

A:Dual Wi-Fi network / direct cable internet connection

Is it possible to have both accesses available in my setup utilizing my one cable high speed service connection?Click to expand...

I do not know. Here I have Mediacom cable and I could get a second public IP address; don't know the current cost but years ago noticed that it would be $5/month extra.

Assuming your current modem is a modem only you would then connect an ethernet switch to it and to the switch connect the new laptop and your router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-wi-fi-network-direct-cable-internet-connection.1055657/
Relevancy 72.24%

SF

I was looking for someone to help me with setting up a DDWRT Router for a PPPoE connection

Here are some details...
Router: Linksys WRT54G2
Connection: Verizon DSL (PPoE of course)
Current Router: Actiontec something (from 2005)...rather old

That WRT54G2 is a rather good router...much better than my Actiontec so I was hoping to use it to boost my signal in my house. I know I will have to continue to use the Actiontec but I am unsure of how to get the WRT54G2 to get and broadcast the internet signal from the actiontec

Ideas are welcomed

A:Setting up DDWRT for PPPoE Connection

OK, is the ActionTec wireless and wired router? And do you have anything wired plugged into it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25664-setting-up-ddwrt-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I currently have two wireless routers at my home along with an array of switches I want to replace one of the switches with connection. Network Dual a router and separate my connected devices yet allow for file shares Currently I have a Linksys router running Dual Network connection. the show It couldn t handle the number of connections so I upgraded the firmware to DDWRT My secondary router has been sitting around for a while and I really want to start using it Dual Network connection. It is a Netgear WGR v Basically I would like all of my personal devices connected to a X network and all other devices connected to a X network The Linksys device will be hosting the Cable Modem as well as the X network I want to be able to lay things out more or less like this Modem -Network --Tower --Tower --Network Printer --Network Security Cam --NAS box --Wireless MP player Secured ---Network ----Tower ----Tower ----Tower ----Wireless Clients -----Nintendo Wii -----Other I m not to sure on how to run all of this I have three Gigabit switches that link everything together Don t really worry about the Dual Network connection. details for the moment Once I get Visio reinstalled I think I will generate a nice networking chart to illistrate my needs Thanks in advance GC nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Windows XP on my C drive works just fine but I just installed a second XP OS in a small separate partition Windows XP Japanese version and the installation seemed to go fine it shows up in quot My Computer quot as D drive However I can t get a broadband internet connection on the second OS My primary OS connects just fine with either a LAN cable or wireless With the second OS when I plug in the LAN cable the lights at the port come on so it looks like the connection is okay but there is no internet connection When I try to create a wireless connection I Connection OS Internet No OS, Dual 2nd go through all the steps in the wizard that I did for the C drive OS but no wireless icon shows up The second OS is Dual OS, 2nd OS No Internet Connection XP SP but about years old I think I ve done this before about a year ago without any problem but not this time Any help is greatly appreciated cheers nojiri nbsp

A:Dual OS, 2nd OS No Internet Connection

Hi, have a look in device manager in the second os and see if you have the nessary drivers to connect, ie if there is any yellow ?s beside the network adapters

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-os-2nd-os-no-internet-connection.760837/
Relevancy 57.19%

I moved a working XP drive from my old computer and hooked it as second HDD on a new computer with Vista on the first Drive The computer recognized the XP drive on booting and gives me an option to boot from either the vista or the new XP drive The XP drive boots fine and all seems to work except for the internet connection On booting the computer detected quot new hardware quot but failed to install some PCI comm controller SM Bus Controller PCI Bridge device and audio drive drivers but could not search XP connection Internet No dual HDD-Help Please on the interner for them since I had no internet connection Had no success talking to HP and comcast everyone saying to call the other In the process I was asked to run ipconfig from the command prompt and this did not return any ip addresses at all with the XP Note that I am able to have an internet connection connection on the first Vista drive when I boot from it and No Internet connection on dual XP HDD-Help Please ipconfig returns a bunch of IP addresses Would appreciate any No Internet connection on dual XP HDD-Help Please thoughts on activating my internet connection on the XP drive Thanks PBC

A:No Internet connection on dual XP HDD-Help Please

In the process of searching for the missing drivers I signed up for Driver Detective and downloaded and installed a few of the reported missing and or outdated drivers using my Vista Drive connection, but that did not solve the problem with the XP's internet connection. Help Anybody? Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203449-no-internet-connection-dual-xp-hdd-help-please.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I just installed XP SP3 on the second hdd (drive D) on my computer. I can get the internet while I'm using Windows 7 on my C drive but not in XP. I'm using a Sprint Data card that's plugged into a Linxsys router. I need the internet to activate the copy of Spore I legally purchased (I hate DRM so much). I've already tried going to the create new connection wizard in the control panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. I wasn't sure where else to go.

A:Dual Boot Internet Connection

You may need a driver for your network card in XP. What card do you have? Mabbe we can find you and XP driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/78183-dual-boot-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I have wanted to do connect to two different networks simultaneously from a long time but I couldn t figure it out I have Windows XP Professional and a WiFi adapter as well as an ethernet adapter In fact I can use both the networks My PC catches a wireless network and it is directly connected to my LAN through an Ethernet cable It is connected to a Linksys router Now what I wanted to do is connect and use both networks simultaneously I can connect to both networks at the same time However I find that it by default I can access dual LAN and internet connection WiFi internet through the LAN I wanted to increase the possible bandwidth by using two networks Morevover I wanted to assign certain applications access to the wireless network only These applications take up lot of bandwidth and this affects the internet connection speed of all PCs connected to the LAN Is this possible Can we increase internet speed by using networks and also can we assign some apps exclusive access to one particular network Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:WiFi and LAN dual internet connection

No.

You cannot group two dis-similar network topologies into a single virtual pipe. What you are proposing is to create a link aggregated group. Also, setting up LAGs or Etherchannels will not enhance your internet speeds. For the general populus, you will never have an internet connection faster than your LAN.

I don't know how your network is set up or what your applications are doing. But if an application is causing LAN performance issues through out the network, you have a configuration/design problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-lan-dual-internet-connection.909338/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone,

Never done this sort of thing so hope I dont break any rules. My Problem is trying to get an internet connection on both Operating Systems using a D-Link Wireless ADSL Router. I have a dual boot Vista Home Premium and XP configuration. When I boot using Vista the internet connection is fine but it will not work in XP, what am I doing wrong.

Regards
tajman

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266162-internet-connection-dual-boot-vista-xp.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just dual booted my computer that had Vista installed and dual booted it with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Whenever I boot into Windows 7 I can't connect to internet because my connection is not detected. I see a list of other wireless networks but mine does not appear. Can somebody please help me?

A:No Internet Connection On Windows 7? (Dual Booted)

Have you tried to check if Windows 7 detects the necessary drivers? If not do the following:

1. Start
2.Rt-click computer, click manage.
3. Go to Device Manager.
4 Any drop downs don't't have the drivers
5. Rt-click go to update driver software
6. click on brows my computer for driver software
7. I'm not sure about wether you go to were you instale the driver or were the setup is. You can check that with Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-on-windows-7-dual-booted.927588/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just dual booted my computer that had Vista installed and dual booted it with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Whenever I boot into Windows 7 I can't connect to internet because my connection is not detected. I see a list of other wireless networks but mine does not appear. Can somebody please help me?

A:No Internet Connection On Windows 7? (Dual Booted)

Did you install the system drivers on the new install?

Please post the system parameters and specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-internet-connection-on-windows-7-dual-booted-488244.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows XP and Linux Ubuntu on dual boot.
When I open into XP I cannot establish an ADSL internet connection, but can by wireless.
If I open into Ubuntu I can establish both ADSL and Wireless internet.
In Windows I have checked my Realtek Card in Device Manager - says working O.K.. When I try to open internet by ADSL the message is " trying to assign IP address " then limited or no connectivity" - if I try "Repair" message cannot establish IP address.
Clearly something is blocking my connection - but what ?

A:[SOLVED] Internet connection on XP Dual Boot

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

Uninstall and allow windows to re-install the adapter and Driver
goto the device manager > Network Adapters > click on the [+] to show all the adapters

right click on the adapter and from the menu

remove/uninstall the adapter

Now restart the pc and allow windows to detect new hardware and re install the adapter and the driver

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-internet-connection-on-xp-dual-boot-683880.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I have a dual boot windows and XP PC both bit I formatted the hard drive weeks ago and installed fresh copies of Windows RC or No - 7 dual Internet Windows and XP boot connection and XP Everything No Internet connection - dual boot Windows 7 and XP was working fine until today upon reboot my windows seven stopped connecting to internet I tried several methods in the control panel to connect without any success So I went back to XP and the internet connects awesome This confirms that there is no problem with the No Internet connection - dual boot Windows 7 and XP router or modem I use a university T connection-sometimes go to MB sec I had a similar few days ago and I restarted the computer several times and it connected to the internet by itself Zthis time it doesn't want to do it I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem I really liked the Windows and want to use it instead of XP I have a custom built core duo GB RAM GB detected MB graphics card and GB hard drives Thanks for any help

A:No Internet connection - dual boot Windows 7 and XP

Hello Dealove,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you tried doing a system restore to a point before the problem started? Info here if needed: System Restore

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10853-no-internet-connection-dual-boot-windows-7-xp.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Trying to figure out if this was just a coincidence or what A few weeks ago I installed Ubunto to an empty partition on my hard drive I am running Windows on the primary I used the windows installer to load it The first attempt failed saying some files were missing I did it a second time and all went well I booted Ubunto and was chacking it out to see what it was like going on the net etc I rebooted back to Windows to look at something then went back to Ubunto Still all was fine My wife needed to use the computer so I went back to Windows Later when I went back on to Ubunto and tried to go on the net I got no connection I looked at my cable modem and noticed mt pc activity light was loose Boot- connection Internet Dual not blinking Dual Boot- loose Internet connection as it should All the other lights were green I re-booted the modem no change I re-booted my pc no change I got the same result in Windows so I ran diagnostics on my network connection Dual Boot- loose Internet connection All it came up with was a bad or missing Ethernet cable connection I kept messing with it trying Dual Boot- loose Internet connection to restore it but nothing worked I uninstalled Ubunto to see if that would help- no I finally ran my restore disks that didn t help either although for a second or two while my machine was in the posting stage the pc activity light was blinking normally only to go dark once Windows booted My Ethernet quot card quot is integrated on the MB and my machine is still in warranty so I didn t want to open the case if I didn t have to I tried tech support through Asus and they told me to replace my Ethernet cord which I did didn t work I finally broke down and bought a new card and installed it All started working Anyone have any ideas on this It still bugs me Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-loose-internet-connection.995669/
Relevancy 54.61%

Basic home network setup PCs in our home working fine with no issues connecting through a standard Dlink port router Cable modem All wired no wireless Both running Win XP SP Neighbor asked me to clean his PC up which I do as a side business but have never had this much trouble Hooked up his PC just like I hook anyone else's up Good Connection But No Internet Connection Network Had a good connection so I downloaded all Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection the programs I use to clean up a PC Spyware Teminator Malwarebytes Antimalware SuperAntiSpyware CCleaner etc Found it massively infected with rogue programs ie Spyware Quake and others trojans etc Cleaned everything up completely but windows was still acting glitchy Next I've gone thru so many steps on this that I don't remember what sent me in this direction one of Microsoft's support posts said I should go to Windows update and update to the latest SP He's running XP Media Center edition SP Microsoft indicated I should install SP so I did only it errored out in the Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection middle of Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection it After rebooting Windows would boot to the welcome screen I'd click the login account the desktop would blink on then it would log off back to the Welcome screen same thing in safe mode After investigating that for an hour I found the answer was to copy my userinit exe over from my own PC Worked like a charm SP did not install properly and Windows went through its steps to revert back to SP but now there is no internet connection IE says it cannot display the webpage The network connection is fine I can ping the router and both computers on the LAN I can ping his computer from the other as well I found somewhere that indicated I could ping to indicate if his TCP IP protocols may be corrupt but that test passed I've done the following Ran WinSockFix and lspfix programs Under the CMD prompt ran quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot and netsh int ip reset reset log Verified tcp ip protocols are set to automatically detect Deleted an old dial up connection still in the Internet options connections list Ran SmitFraudFix and VundoFix in safe mode saw a post somewhere that indicated it fixed their same issue Installed Firefox to prove to myself it wasnt' just IE Same problem with Firefox Verified there is no other firewall other than Windows and disabled that plus verified both IE and Firefox were listed in the exceptions Tried connecting in safe mode 'cause I ran out of ideas No good I've tried a few other things I just can't remember them all One odd thing odd to me anyway is what comes up after an IPCONFIG IP Address Subnet IP Address Default Gateway What's with the extra IP Address listed with a question mark I've never seen that before Any help will be appreciated because I can't get my brain wrapped around this one

A:Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection

PROBLEM SOLVED.
Found Windows SP3 listed in the installed programs list. Uninstalled it and it resolved the issue. Windows must not have backed itself all the way out from the bad installation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163493/good-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have a Toshiba satellite laptop running windows Vista Home Premium SP When I returned from a business trip today I can no longer connect to internet on my home network wireless Two other family computers connect just fine I tried to connect to a public network in the airport with no success so I tethered my droid phone and internet connection worked just fine Also when I connect my laptop directly to the router with a cable it also works fine So I thought I might have a virus malware so I ran both Norton AV scan and Antimalware bites scan and both found no issues Next I did system restore to a few days ago to when it was working fine on my trip but still no luck When I but Good no connection internet connection network look at Network and Sharing Center in control panel it shows good strong connection to my home network then it has a red X between the network picture and the Internet globe Also this laptop has an internal wireless g adapter and I have an external wireless n adapter that I plug in at home Same issue Good network connection but no internet connection trying either adapter I also tried connecting in safe mode with no luck as well Thanks in advance

A:Good network connection but no internet connection

Problem solved now. Turns out I needed to update my adapter driver software - Atheros 5007EG. Not sure why my usb adapter was also not working previously but it is now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418244/good-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am at wits end.  My Win 7 based PC will not connect to the internet (yellow exclamation point over the tray icon) but shows connected to the network.  I have a Win 8 based laptop and am using it without issue.  Occasionally, I also get the blue screen of death - I assume from a driver that starts up and craps out.  Apparently, my rescue disk is bad, so I don't have that option.

The internet connection works fine in Safe mode.

Appreciate any help!

A:Network connection w/ no connection to internet + BSOD

Hi,
You don't mention what security software you are using or if there are any indications from that program that there is a problem.
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529458/network-connection-w-no-connection-to-internet-bsod/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a N600 netgear router and was wondering could use DDWRT on it. And if so what would be the pros and cons of doing so? Would it increase the range any?? Is there really any benefit of DDWRT?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey All,

So I have a question here on a topic I havent heard much discussed. I am going to be installing multiple machines with two NIC (network/ethernet) cards in them for access to multiple connections.

The first NIC card is for a T1 internet connection.
The second NIC card is purely access a file server for a private network that wants to be very secure about their documents, and does not permit machines that have internet connectivity to view their files.

My questions are:
Is this possible? Can internet connectivity and network access coexist with dual NICs with no problems?
Can it be set up so that when accessing a folder on the private network, internet connectivity is disabled?

If anything is unclear let me know so I can explain better...

Any help?? Thanks!!

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey, I am currently struggling to get my network working so that i can share the internet around my house.

I recieve my internet on my one internet card. The TCP-IPv4 is set on automatic detection and everything is fine.

I have another network card which i would like to use to share the internet to all the other computers through a connected hub. I therefore thought i should set it up so that it is a gateway computer. I set the IP address to 192.168.0.1 and submask 255.255.255.0.

When i do this same procedure on windows XP, everything works fine. But now with windows 7. I cant seem to get it to work. It just says that the network is not identified.

Any help would be great

A:Dual network internet sharing problem

Why are you using 2 network cards and a hub?

Why not just plug in the different machines to the hub?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-network-internet-sharing-problem.943663/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have tried a bunch of things, but nothing works. I need to get a lan connection open so i can hookup my xbox and run online. I was told that since i have a wireless connection, i need to bridge it with the lan. But the problem is, I only have the wireless connection. What steps do I take to make a new lan connection icon?? The pic, hopefully, shows what i mean.

Relevancy 54.18%

I finally downloaded and installed Windows on my computer today It has hard drives an SSD that has Windows and two other drives that have media and other stuff I shrank one of these volumes and created a new GB partition for Windows The install seemed to be without any glitches and I spent some time exploring the new OS After a while I rebooted to go back to Windows and the network adapter would not (Win8 Dual Win7 does Boot Internet not) connects, Connection Issue connect Dual Boot Internet Connection Issue (Win8 connects, Win7 does not) to the internet I rebooted and went back to Windows and it did connect to the internet I should note that upon reboot the screen was black to make the choice of OS unlike when first installed Basically I get the quot Local area doesn't have a valid ip configuration quot problem I tried cycling the modem router pc with no luck I reset the Internet Protocols as suggested but that did not help I uninstalled the adapter and let it reinstall in case Dual Boot Internet Connection Issue (Win8 connects, Win7 does not) it was a driver issue no dice I did let Windows do some updates if that is relevant Any ideas or suggestions I appreciate any help

A:Dual Boot Internet Connection Issue (Win8 connects, Win7 does not)

Update.
I gave up. I could not get it back online even after a restore so I did a fresh reinstall.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/8689-dual-boot-internet-connection-issue-win8-connects-win7-does-not.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Okay I just got a new laptop, running Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2. for college about a week ago. It was working fine. It came with Dell Connect program that organized connections and worked along side windows connections.

After about a day, I was surfing the internet and I realized that Firefox and IE would just stop connecting to any website at all and would end up timing out. So then I decided to delete Dell Connect via Add/Remove Prog. and it seemed to work for the time being. everything was peachy through Windows Connections.

Then it happened again. I looked into my windows connections and realized that although I was connected to my network but the Internet Connections symbol was gone and there was no Internet Gateway area. I found that disabling and re-enabling the network connection worked but I'm still trying to find a way or a reason why the internet decides to leave.

A:Laptop connects to internet and network but the Internet Connection disapears

Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2? What's that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-internet-and-network-but-the-internet-connection-disapears.854793/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I recently downloaded DDWRT to my DIR-615. I was trying to change my DIR-615 from a router to a client bridge but I was not able to get any internet connection on the device after I change the settings. Please let me know if you can help me.

A:Ddwrt dir-615 client bridge

I have a DIR-615 rev E1. I was only able to get it to work in client mode. I was unable to get it to work in either client bridge mode, or client repeater bridge mode. As a matter of fact, I don't even see the "repeater bridge" option in the latest dd-wrt firmware. Maybe there is a difference for rev E1 compared to other revisions of the same router.

Here is the link for how to configure client mode:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

I followed the above instructions, but my DIR-615 was still unable to contact my SMC cable modem/router when configured with DHCP for WAN. I finally got it to work by using static IP for WAN, and manually entered the IP address of the SMC cable modem/router gateway and the name servers.

Here is a link discussing that only client mode works:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78436&sid=782e7c4ae7a7dd7751c6a9a4305a588b

This link has instructions to configure a repeater bridge that may work for certain revisions of the modem:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72478

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddwrt-dir-615-client-bridge.1010630/
Relevancy 53.75%

Alright This is my DDWRT config Router for Right situation I have internet through a wireless network from my neighbor that we are sharing My neighbor is not close so i only get signal in certain part of my house So i want to re-send the signal using a router Right config for Router DDWRT My bro-in-law told me that it d be easier to use a switch between my laptop and the router laptop--- gt swtich-- gt router--- gt internet to other laptops He can t come to help me so I m trying to configure this by myself Can someone help me This is what i have so far - I enable the Internet sharing from the Wireless Network adapter - Plug an ethernet cable to the switch and assigned IP w subnet mask and nothing else - My router has Right config for Router DDWRT the firmware DD-WRT v and has lots of options to configure which is confusing to Right config for Router DDWRT me i have done it before with a belkin router and it was so easy i just enable the router as an AP and named the network with a passphrase and that was it but this new router it s being a pain for me please HELP Thank you all nbsp

A:Right config for Router DDWRT

It's a violation of almost every ISP's terms of service to share an internet connection with another dwelling.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-config-for-router-ddwrt.950255/
Relevancy 53.32%

Please look at the following image.. what's this little internet connection icon for? it exist there and I can't remove it.. And I access the setting of connection... it pop out following error message....

A:Network Icon "Internet Connection" appear under network connection

Quote:

By default, the Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client is installed on a Windows XP Professional computer. The Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client starts the Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) Discovery service, that listens on port 1900 for NOTIFY directives. NOTIFY directives are messages that advertise the availability of UPnP-capable devices on the network. If you do not require the functionality of the Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client, you can remove the client from your computer. Doing so can help lower the risk of Internet-based attacks to port 1900 on your computer.

Read more here....
http://www.ehow.com/how_4526935_remo...nnections.html

and here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4526935_remo...nnections.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-icon-internet-connection-appear-under-network-connection-302237.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Just switched on HP Pavillion laptop with Windows Vista installed but no internet connection. It was OK when last switched off. It did do an automatic update before this happened and I have uninstalled that as well as restoring the system to a few days ago when all was ok. I can now only connect to other computers in the workgroup if I configure a static ip address. (Before it was set to "automaticaly assign and all was ok). I can ping 192.168.0.1 my router. I have tried using a direct cable without success too. I have also tried flushing the cache and unchecking TCP/IP v6 in properties as suggested elswhere. Other PCs in the workgroup are using XP are connecting to the internet ok. Any ideas please?

A:No Internet connection but connection to network OK

Hola! Bienvenido
When you set the static ip address, did you make sure and make the default gateway the ip of your router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-but-connection-to-network-ok.762951/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been getting internet connection on and off all day today thinking it was just Comcast But every time I went to look at the modem it was still functioning fine and the router's local status site told Connection/No Internet No Network Connection me it was working fine Well now it's not working I tried restoring back to an old restore point and that didn't help I tried disabling some of the services I thought would interefere and that didn't help I tried setting a manual IP but it just crashes I thought it could be the CAT cable so I plugged it into the laptop which I'm using now but it still works I have no idea what's wrong and I'm getting seriously fustrated Using Windows RTM No Internet Connection/No Network Connection Ultimate EDIT I figured it out I installed HostsMan last night and it disabled the DNS client because it has to forward all its connections through hosts Well Windows for some damn reason No Internet Connection/No Network Connection found it necessary No Internet Connection/No Network Connection to manually start the DNS client every time I started Windows

A:No Internet Connection/No Network Connection

Quote: Originally Posted by gir489

I've been getting internet connection on and off all day today, thinking it was just Comcast. But every time I went to look at the modem, it was still functioning fine, and the router's local status site told me it was working fine.

Well, now it's not working. I tried restoring back to an old restore point, and that didn't help. I tried disabling some of the services I thought would interefere, and that didn't help. I tried setting a manual IP, but it just crashes. I thought it could be the CAT.5 cable, so I plugged it into the laptop (which I'm using now), but it still works.

I have no idea what's wrong, and I'm getting seriously fustrated.

Using Windows 7 4700 RTM Ultimate.

EDIT: I figured it out. I installed HostsMan last night, and it disabled the DNS client, because it has to forward all its connections through hosts. Well, Windows, for some damn reason, found it necessary to manually start the DNS client every time I started Windows.

Hi gir489, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums!

I would like to thank you for posting the solution you found! We get many requests for assistance with network and Internet issues. I am going to install "HostsMan" on my test box tomorrow and check it out. Perhaps it will help diagnose other's issues as well?

Thanks so much!!

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19611-no-internet-connection-no-network-connection.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I have recently reinstalled XP pro on a PC and do not have internet connection using Internet Explorer or Firefox, I cannot ping either of my other two computers.
I have installed the Mother Board Drivers.

Device managed tells me that both network adapters are working properly, Local Area Connection tells me that I am connected although send/receive packets are about 1 (send) and 20 (receive) after an hour of being told there is a connection.

I multi boot with Windows 7 and a Linux system and they both have internet connection so it seems to be restricted to XP.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong would be appreciated.

A:Solved: network adapters good , local area connection good but no internet connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-adapters-good-local-area-connection-good-but-no-internet-connection.904920/
Relevancy 52.46%

When does a network having a name like PCNAME_NETWORK get created automatically?

A:automatic network creation

Hi shayan8891 Can you tell us exactly where you see that "PCNAME_NETWORK" network? If you can, take a screenshot of where you see it (the full window) and attach it in your next reply please.How to take a screenshot using the Snipping ToolFollow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;Attaching the screenshot in your replyGo in your thread and click on the Reply to this topic button in the top-right corner;Below the text box you'll have the option to Attach files. Click on the Choose Files... button, navigate to your screenshot and select it;Once done, add a comment to your reply and post it;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576814/automatic-network-creation/
Relevancy 52.46%

When does a network having a name like PCNAME_NETWORK get created automatically?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576688/automatic-network-creation/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi..
I bought a Tenda S105 switch recently.
Now i want to create a Network using this switch.

I have a Server which is giving the internet access and other sharing.

I have two others Pcs. I am attaching three cables ( 1 for internet Server and 2 client for utalizing internet) .

I want to get access internet access amount my all computers.
Please suggest.
how to?

A:creation of network using Switch

Hello,

All you need to do is plug in the Network Switch to your Router's LAN Port by using a straight patch network cable, Cat5e or Cat6 would work. Use the same network cable and plug in the Server and the 2 Client PC's to the Switch. Any other network device such as NAS or networked printers can be plugged in the Switch.

End Results: Modem=>Router=>Switch=>Server/Computers/other Network Devices

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196330-creation-network-using-switch.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am currently running Windows XP, Vista, and 2007. My internet connection keeps going down ever since I had AT&T to switch the telephone number that I use to access the internet. I am running a home network with 6 ethenet wired computers using a Netgear router and switch box. I also have 3 laptops running wireless. I ran a diagnostics on the system and I have 3 areas failed.
1. default outlook express mail ......Failed
2. Network adapters .........Failed
3. DNSServerSearchOrder .......Failed
I am really not sure what to do with this information.

Relevancy 51.6%

Two days ago I was on the internet and suddenly got kicked off I thought it must be a short isp problem since I was still on the my home network I soon discovered that the rest of the laptops in my home worked When I troubleshoot it on my laptop it says quot DNS server not responding quot I went online on another laptop and started looking for solutions I tried the stuff like ipconfig renew and those commands I tried disabling a virtual adapter to no Connection to network, internet. but no avail I also tried re-configuring the dns settings on my laptop None of this has worked for me Here is what I get when I run an ipconfig all C Users James gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd pa comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd pa comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F-E -A -F Connection to network, but no internet. -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday March PM Lease Expires Wednesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix resnet bloomu edu Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - B- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DH... Read more

A:Connection to network, but no internet.

Lets try to flush your DNS and restore internet settings.
Open notepad and copy these lines and save the notepad as flush.bat.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0
Run the batch file and restart your router as well as laptop.Try to connect to internet.

If this doesn't work you can always try Google Public DNS.
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219435-connection-network-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%
A:red X on network connection while there is Internet!

Go into Device Manager and see if network devices are ok, also go into Network Connects and see what's doing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188447-red-x-network-connection-while-there-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My internet connection around once per day , when I click on IE or firefox , when trying to load a site , I get done on the bottom of the screen . Try to start "trobleshoot problems:" and I get a error that the network troubleshooter can't be started . I restart the computer then it is good for maybe a day or longer then the same problem ..... Ideas ?? Installed a new nic card , same issue .... thanks people ..

A:network connection available - can't use internet

Is this a wired or wireless connection?

Same machine as your specs show?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273988-network-connection-available-cant-use-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having problems connecting to the internet with my brand new laptop using a D-Link Router The network will connect and show an excellent connection but the internet will not always work I will be able to connect to websites but after or minutes of surfing the internet will stop working but the network connection is still there If i disconnect from the network and reconnect I can get it working again I have another computer which is wired directly to the router which works fine I am running windows Vista Premium Home and my internet is through my apartment complex I have pasted the command prompt info below which I saw on other threads Thanks for the help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Matt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description going internet Network and with in out Connection Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-BC-E -F Network Connection with internet going in and out DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d f ca b db Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Sunday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-B - - Network Connection with internet going in and out DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A A E - E - -B A - C A C br FD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A- E- - D - DDED CB br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CE A A - FFA- A D-A C- E DAA br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e bfc f ff b Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bfc f ff b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Matt gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Matt gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Matt gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Matt gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statis... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

I have internet but no network connections. I am wired to a netgear router using cat 5. 5 other PC's on network operating normally. If I map the network i can see all other PC's but it still tells me that I have no network connections. I have reinstalled gigabyte driver and tried using a restore point. Nothing has changed on my system in months. Can someone give me an idea of where to look?

thanks

A:Internet but no network connection

Sounds like Network Discovery has turned off. It's in Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings. I've had this happen more than once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332318-internet-but-no-network-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, im runing windows XP, i had to replace my video card, after that my computer told me to re- register my windows OS, so i did that, then it did not recognise my network controller, so i downloaded the driver, installed it and it seemed to work, my network connnections told me i was connected however when i try to open internet explorer, it just gives me the (internet explorer has encountered a problem) box with the send error report/don't send option. I have no idea whats the matter with it at this point and need some help.
Thanks

A:network connection is on but cant use internet, help!

At the bottom of that box there is a option to see the error message.
Can you post what it says please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connection-is-on-but-cant-use-internet-help-414009.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello To understand my problem I will start from the start I ve been watching my PC-s HDD for months and I saw that something takes up way to much space yesterday I checked and Windows said that I have GB Free GB But when I selected all files in my E even hidden files and checked their properties size it said its only GB So I was missing another somewhere in this partition I network Can't connection set internet / up used the windows cleanup tool and it gave me back some of the space but it wasnt GB I checked and checked then I found a program called WinDirStat which shows you how much space you have and stuff then I found this http i imgur com lA lt jpg Then I found out that WinDirStat cannot access the System volume informations and this unknown is that Then I googled stuff up again and found this Code To see Can't set up network / internet connection the space allocated and used for SVI - Open Command Prompt with amp Run as Administrator amp option - Type in vssadmin list Can't set up network / internet connection shadowstorage - You will see Used Space Allocated Space and Maximum Space for SVI To see the restore information stored therein - Use in the same console command vssadmin list shadows To resize the maximum allocated space - Type in command vssadmin resize shadowstorage on here add the drive letter For here add Can't set up network / internet connection the drive letter Maxsize here add the maximum size - E g vssadmin resize shadowstorage on C For C Maxsize GB - You will see a prompt confirming resize done - You can check the status again using the command discussed in point above Just to get rid of the space already consumed but sticking to the same size of max-size as before - Do actions as per point to set the max-size t say GB - If you check now most likely you amp ll see that used space is now KB - Do the resize again and set it back to what it was before - Check your disk space availability in Windows Explorer you should see the reclaim is done I did what this guide said and it deleted the system volume information from my E drive and I had my GB back BUT At this part I HAD internet connection I shutdown the PC went to eat and do stuff then I came back and got a blue screen right after the win logo before the log in screen I couldnt read what it said because the PC restarted itself even tho it is set NOT to restart so I can read the errors wierd Then it started repairing itself restarted asked for a chkdsk fixed millions of errors then restarted and I logged in just fine But in the bottom right corner I seen a big ugly red X over my network connections so naturally I went out my room restarted modem and router then came back Waited some mins checked the modem and router again but they had internet I started my sisters PC and her PC had internet I checked everything I could but I couldnt revive the internet I cant join to any network home private work and I cant even see any I only see dial up connections hamachi and tunngle Then I tried to resintall the driver Deleted driver restart PC win automatically installed the nvidia driver for me but still no internet Then out of couriosity I started my Virtual PC win xp to check if it has internet connection or not And it has I am writing from the Virtual PC now So the network card is working perfectly no hardware damage My problem is pretty similar to this http forums techguy org networking -win- -wired-no-net html nbsp

A:Can't set up network / internet connection

Update: I tried some stuff and this is the current state:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-up-network-internet-connection.1076689/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello To understand my problem I will start Can't connection up network internet / set from the start I've been watching my PC-s HDD for months and I saw that something takes up way Can't set up network / internet connection to much space yesterday I checked and Windows said that I have GB Free GB But when I selected all files in my E even hidden files and checked their properties size it said its only GB So I was missing another somewhere in this partition I used the windows cleanup tool and it gave me back some of the space but it wasnt GB I checked and checked then I found a program called WinDirStat which shows you how much space you have and stuff then I found this http i imgur com lA lt jpg Then I found out that WinDirStat cannot access the System volume informations and this unknown is that Then I googled stuff up again and found this Code To see the space allocated and used for SVI - Open Command Prompt with Run as Administrator option - Type in vssadmin list shadowstorage - You will see Used Space Allocated Space and Maximum Space for SVI To see the restore information stored therein - Use in the same console command vssadmin list shadows To resize the maximum allocated space - Type in command vssadmin resize shadowstorage on here add the drive letter For here add the drive letter Maxsize here add the maximum size - E g vssadmin resize shadowstorage on C For C Maxsize GB - You will see a prompt confirming resize done - You can check the status again using the command discussed in point above Just to get rid of the space already consumed but sticking to the same size of max-size as before - Do actions as per point to set the max-size t say GB - If you check now most likely you ll see that used space is now KB - Do the resize again and set it back to what it was before - Check your disk space availability in Windows Explorer you should see the reclaim is done I did what this guide said and it deleted the system volume information from my E drive and I had my GB back BUT At this part I HAD internet connection I shutdown the PC went to eat and do stuff then I came back and got a blue screen right after the win logo before the log in screen I couldnt read what it said because the PC restarted itself even tho it is set NOT to restart so I can read the errors wierd Then it started repairing itself restarted asked for a chkdsk fixed millions of errors then restarted and I logged in just fine But in the bottom right corner I seen a big ugly red X over my network connections so naturally I went out my room restarted modem and router then came back Waited some mins checked the modem and router again but they had internet I started my sisters PC and her PC had internet I checked everything I could but I couldnt revive the internet I cant join to any network home private work and I cant even see any I only see dial up connections Then I tried to resintall the driver Deleted driver restart PC win automatically installed the nvidia driver for me but still no internet Then out of couriosity I started my Virtual PC win xp to check if it has internet connection or not And it has I am writing from the Virtual PC now So the network card is working perfectly no hardware damage My problem is pretty similar to this Win wired - no net connect no ipconfig works w linux only - Tech Support Guy Forums Current Situation http i imgur com BkRaU jpg

A:Can't set up network / internet connection

Welcome to the forum dezix! Try opening the properties of your adapters ipv4 settings and in the advanced section, add the default gateway address...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264377-cant-set-up-network-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

THIS IS A REPOST FROM THE quot Hardware quot forum I think it should be here and not there Good morning Here s a weird ... connection Network no but OK, internet one for you I m running Win Pro It is the quot server quot for my home business network This computer I call quot Family quot Network connection OK, but no internet ... It is attached via LAN to a desktop we ll call quot Business quot and a laptop we ll call quot Laptop quot All three are pretty much always connected They share a network printer They share a D-Link Router They share an MSN external DSL Modem The problem quot Family quot will no longer connect to the internet It does connect to my local network just fine quot Business quot sees quot Family quot on the network and vice versa quot Business quot prints to the network printer via quot Family quot just fine quot Business quot goes to the internet just fine The same three situations are true with quot Laptop quot It works both ways too The only thing that isn t working is quot Family quot cannot find the internet not with MSN or using Internet Explorer directly What I ve tried Switching the network cables on the router to a different port to see if the port is bad No change Replace the network cable on quot Family quot with the one from quot Laptop quot quot Laptop quot connects through wireless now I tried both available ports on the router with the quot new quot cable No change Used Device Manager to check the network card and it says it is working fine I did not uninstall re-install the network card My AVG Anti-Virus is up-to-date and always on My Anti-Spyware was not -- Windows Defender wouldn t load on that machine -- so just this week I installed AVG s Anti-Spyware It scanned and found non-critical spies I removed them anyway hoping something would free up It didn t The network works fine and the other two computers go the internet just fine so I don t think it is the Modem or the Router It doesn t SEEM to be the network card because quot Family quot can see and communicate with quot Business quot amp quot Laptop quot and vice versa I m out of ideas So you can reply in a helpful manner I am NOT a network whizzzzzz I know some very very basic things but don t assume I know anything about anything I d rather start basic and fix it than overlook something that is obvious to you but not to me Thanks in advance This forum is great and has been very helpful in the past Greg nbsp

A:Network connection OK, but no internet ...

For future reference, you really should click on the red triangle in the upper right of your post and ask a moderator to move a thread to another forum instead of reposting. Duplicate posts are frowned upon. EDIT: And "Networking" would be the better forum.

Try to narrow down the problem with the following.

To open a Command Window: Start - Run – cmd (command in 98SE) - OK

To determine a computer's IP address and router's IP address: open a Command Window and type
ipconfig /all

The "Gateway" is the router's IP address.

Now for some troubleshooting. Following is how to use ping to test for communication with your router, the internet, and the internet with symbolic name.

1. On the PC open a Command window and type
ping IProuter (where IProuter is the IP address of the router)

Do you get Replies, or do you get packets lost?

IF you got replies,
2. ping 66.94.234.13 (or any other internet address you know)

If you got replies,
3. ping www.yahoo.com (or any other internet name)

If would also be good if you would post the ipconfig /all here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-ok-but-no-internet.518863/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone Sorry i had been a bit busy these days I have got a problem that i would like to share with you The internet connection in my office goes on and off on connection my network off and goes in Internet lan in my network computers and the speed also varies from normal to damm slow very often There are Internet connection goes on and off in my lan network pc in the network and one is server which hosts a network domain The server is Windows Server and rest of all is xp pro The Internet Service has got no problems because when connected to one single computer it shows no problem The problem occurs when it is shared to all the computers This problems has started since one month making all the messenger get on a of oftenly and file transfer very poor through messenger I scanned computers for viruses and also cleaned them in some Yet the problem exists The connection is not stable Internet connection goes on and off in my lan network Could anybody help me to sort-out this problem Please guide me on what are the possibilities of these kind of problems Thanks Gopu nbsp

A:Internet connection goes on and off in my lan network

I assume that you are connecting the other PC's to the server via a switch? if so, have you tried replacing the switch?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-goes-on-and-off-in-my-lan-network.113918/
Relevancy 51.6%

So, we have a network of about one terabyte of storage on it. It is normally connected to my laptop, a desktop and our Playstation 3. Obviously it connects via internet with our wireless router and such but for some reason it won't connect to my laptop? I have everything except a few programs on the network (Everything from my documents to my pictures to my other programs are stored on the network)...thus not being able to access it is a HUGE difficulty...

If anyone has any ideas as to how I might be able to fix this I'd appreciate it. For now I shall go inspect our router...

A:Internet connection, but no network?

You might have tried to troubleshoot the problems by right-clicking on the Network Icon in the System Tray. What message did you get? Or is the Network Icon in the System Tray missing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216456-internet-connection-but-no-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have set up a crossover cable home network connecting my new dual core Pentium Hewlett-Packard machine host to my older Athlon Packard-Bell client Both machines are currently running XP Home although I may re-install XP Pro on tne client The connection Network connection Internet to works perfectly for file and printer sharing However absolutely nothing whatsoever I have tried has enabled Internet access from the client via the host The host machine has no problems with Internet connection If I swap the USB Modem into the Packard-Bell it works perfectly with normal Internet access but the HP is then unable to access the Internet Network to Internet connection through the network I have tried both autoconfigured and fixed TCP IP addresses assorted firewall settings and exclusions even temporarily disabling the firewall on both machines I have obeyed to the letter assorted procedures aired on the Internet - some of which contradict each other So far from working one of these procedures actually disabled my network until I was able to hunt down and destroy its consequences Some of the things I have tried are beyond the scope of my knowledge so I haven t always known what I was doing I use AOL VR on the host machine and AOL on the client perhaps neither for much longer and Opera I do not and would never use Microsoft s appalling Internet Explorer If XP networking somehow cannot work without the Gates abomination then that surely needs to be publicised and corrected It s all fairly crucial as shared Internet access was my main reason for setting up a network in the first place If any of this rings a bell with anyone I can provide full IPconfig listings nbsp

A:Network to Internet connection

I have come across this before and we cured it by binning AOL. I also got it to work by using a modem router so each PC had it's own access but as nobody wanted to spend the money on the router.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-to-internet-connection.86055/
Relevancy 51.6%

New guy here new to networking as well ive always been a router access point type guy So lets get down to buisness i have win home premium its a sony vaio VGN-NW f Now here is my issue that im about sick of the tab down at the bottoms that gives you your network list is working fine i have my network listed it says connected says my network connected and all the bars are green yet up top it says NOT CONNECTED networks are available just for the record im on the laptop right now typing this so obviously im online basically win does not recognize my network therefore it is defaulting to public i dont even get the icon with the bench to change it from pubic to home as ive seen on so many forums happens with the ethernet as well being win home prem there is no group policy editor IPv says internet IPv says no network so far i have disabled enabled drivers uninstall driver reinstall drivers Changed advanced sharing settings already did the regedit diabled thing made sure all internet network no connection but services are on that windows says to make sure of turned off firewalls i was able tonight to print wirelessly from my vaio to my printer but still its a public network let me add i have an XP desktop hardwired i can ping it internet but no network connection from the vaio laptop the desktop can see the vaio the vaio CAN NOT see the desktop i will worry about all that later i just want to figure out how to turn it from public to home check the pics if you need more info hit me up next stop is a computer shop nothing against them but im a DIY guy

A:internet but no network connection

let me add, i have two routers, i reset both to factory defaults, both bought with in the last year, a belkin basic N and a netgear N. ive tried setting up the network with both routers but same effects on both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166729-internet-but-no-network-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I have a computer running on xp and it there is a hardline connecting it to the network. I double checked the connection and it sending and receiving packets, however the internet browser is saying that no pages can be displayed. I then looked at the network adapters under control panel, and everything seemed in order. I then opened up cmd and used the commands ipconfig/flushdns and ipconfig/renew. I restarted the router and made sure my internet security settings weren't too high, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

A:Network connection, but no internet

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING 216.109.112.135

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-but-no-internet.712430/
Relevancy 51.6%

how to create a network icon on desktop in vista.

Regards

Paramesh G

A:creation of network icon on desktop

Start > Control Panel (clasic view)> Personalisation > Change Desktop Icons tick the box for the Network icon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creation-of-network-icon-on-desktop-363957.html
Relevancy 51.17%

We have 5 computers on a network connected to the internet. How would we go about setting it up so that an admin can toggle whether or not a certain computer is connected to the internet without unplugging cables. The idea is that we can run 4 computer on an internal network, and occasionally allow them to gain internet access to transfer files remotely. Then afterwards, disable internet access on them again. I know there's programs like Novell, but I'm looking for something smaller that doesnt require running a server on the network. Any ideas?

A:Toggle Internet Connection on network.

Many common routers have such a feature. One specific example is the D-Link DI-524.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toggle-internet-connection-on-network.658357/
Relevancy 51.17%

Help! I have the same issue as yoshikins.

I am also running Vista with Avast and 3 days ago it just stopped connecting to the internet and told me there is an unidentified network / local area connection only

I have actually restored to a point a long time back now, before I had avast and the problem still persists.

In device manager I have the 6to4 adapter with a yellow triangle next to it with an exclamation mark. Not sure if this is relevant as many posts I've seen elsewhere seem to say that you can ignore that, as the 6to4 is not what is used in connecting to the internet

I am at an absolute loss as to what has happened and how to fix it. I am on the verge of throwing the cpu out of the window! Please help!!

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi !
Need some help here, not too experienced in networking.

I have this setup at my makeshift office.All these are wired connections
These are my components
3 computers + dlink adsl router + pronet switch 8port

This is my setup
The internet cable--- adslrouter --- switch(8 port) ----both the desktop computers and the laptop are connected to the switch.

i can browse and all ok.

My problem is that I have connectivity issues practically twice a day on my laptop . Suddenly while surfing I loose the connection . It would not restart . Then manually I switch off/on the dlink adsl router and wait for a while then all would be ok.

Any solutions to this problem? Am I missing something here? is there any setting to be changed in the network settings.

Relevancy 51.17%

hey,

i have wireless connection to the internet but i cant create a homegroup as i dont have local & internet connection

any ideas?

im on windows 7 build 7100

cheers

A:I have internet connection but cant get local network

Quote: Originally Posted by hammill100

hey,

i have wireless connection to the internet but i cant create a homegroup as i dont have local & internet connection

any ideas?

im on windows 7 build 7100

cheers

hammill

how abt you tell us abt your system specs, and network setup.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18966-i-have-internet-connection-but-cant-get-local-network.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a LAN set up and my internet connection is on-again off again mostly at night I have a broadband connection and my wireless router is a Dell Truemobile Shortly after we lose the internet connection a yellow quot quot shows up on the truemobile icon on the system tray When we lose the internet connection all the computers lose connection problems network/internet the connection I have two desktops and one wireless laptop in the network The wiring is as follows network/internet connection problems The cable modem wire is connected into the router labeled quot internet quot The family desktop and my older daughters desktop are wired into the router The laptop isn t on the internet all that often I m not sure where to start troubleshooting network/internet connection problems Could there be something wrong with the cable modem or the wireless router Could we lose the internet connection if someone is piggybacking network/internet connection problems on the router When Dell helped me establish a wireless connection with the router we had a big problem getting a connection and they had me disable WEP encryption When I connected wirelessly with my Dell Axim the router s device status map didn t show that I had connected wirelessly I m puzzled Any idea where to start the troubleshooting Pam nbsp

A:network/internet connection problems

Yep, disable the wireless in the router and see if the problem goes away. That will tell you if you have an uninvited guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-internet-connection-problems.383264/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, My Father is a computer Einstein (13 years of IT experience) but he was even stumped on this one

We have 9 computers but we use only 2 and the one i'm using now works fine but the other has network connection and the ping /all looked fine but now it says "IP address must be specified" which means? the Internet on all browsers doesn't work.

Running a Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3, AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.00 GHz 1.00GB of RAM

Please help. Ask anything you need to know. Thanks in Advance. I'll post the ping /all later on.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everybody,

Help! I've got a network of about 150 clients. This network spans over 2 buildings via T1 line between the 2 campuses. The 2 locations have been sharing the same internet connection. The outside line comes into, lets call it the "east" building. It then supplies the east campus with the internet. The "west" campus accesses the internet through the T1 line, which comes from the east campus. Recently, a new internet connection was installed at the west campus in order to free up bandwidth usage on the T1 line.

Now that we have that out of the way. I am having trouble setting up the west campus so it looks to the new connection for the internet. I'm not sure if I sound like an ***** but any help will be better than where I'm at right now. I appreciate anything I can get.

-maX

A:Network Setup - Internet Connection

we need the scoop on the physical device topology
(what devices are connected to each other),
where is the ISP--perimeter firewall placed,
how many subnets are there,
and which parts are the same before the change and
which are the new components.

here's a wild guess of the mappings--pls update it

Code:

IPS --- perimeter firewall/router --- east facility --- ease subnet router ---
+
+-------west facility--west subnet router ----

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-setup-internet-connection.70457/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All I really need your help here This is my Connection Sharing Internet But Network No OK situation I have a laptop which connects directly to the internet This works fine and this laptop distributes via WIFI an internet connection to Network OK But No Internet Connection Sharing two other systems The scenario worked well until now Something happened i don t know what and the other two system are not connecting to the internet now What is happing The other two systems keep on saying Connecting To Google until eventually they say quot The Connection Has Timed Out quot Current System Worked well before Absolutely no Firewalls installed on enabled Wireless Network Connects Without Any Problem IP Address is assigned correctly on all systems System can ping each other What im assuming It Network OK But No Internet Connection Sharing has something to do with my laptop with an update or a setting that has gone wrong What i have tried Almost everything From un-installed drivers to automatic IPs and anything else i could find Still same problem however Information You Might Need Windows XP Service Pack Windows IP Configuration Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom a b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -E - D- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -B -BA- E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Monday December AM Lease Expires Monday December AM PPP adapter MaltaNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers I really need your help guys Hope someone can help me fix my problem Maltanet here is the connection i use to connect to the internet via my laptop while Wireless Connection is the one used to connect to the wireless network Thanks in advance David nbsp

A:Network OK But No Internet Connection Sharing

1. when did you install hamachi? tried disabling hamachin network interface?
2. did you install microsoft updates lately?
3. check if the ics service is running and be aware that it is connected to the windows xp firewall. check this firewall as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-ok-but-no-internet-connection-sharing.95143/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am suddenly unable to connect my Dell Dimension 2400 running XP Pro to the Internet or to my other networked computer which is able to connect with Internet but not to the Dell. Internet Explorer diagnostic tool log says Winsock problem but when I run the winsock reset command per support.microsoft.com nothing changes. I also cannot get system restore to work--error message that there is a problem and system restore needs to close. I have been unable to change permissions under sharing and security for this computer-when I try it locks up explorer. appreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-and-internet-connection-problem.757413/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have having a random problem with my computer it's an Acer laptop in regards to sharing Hoc is Ad shared use when an internet being an Cant connection network internet connections I have never had a problem with creating or connecting to an Ad Hoc network when the internet connection Cant use an Ad Hoc network when an internet connection is being shared was being shared but after I had made an update to the graphics card and possibly another update was carried through at the same time i'm not entirely sure i haven't been able to do it I can't select the option to share the internet connection when i'm setting up the network like i have always been able to do and when i try to connect to a network which is sharing it's internet connection i get an error in regards to the adapter not working correctly but when a network from the same computer is made without an internet connection i can connect just fine and i don't understand what the problem is I don't know if this is relevant or not but i also bought a bluetooth usb stick so that i can use my wireless headphones with my laptop and it does have wireless networking options but i disabled them when i was trying to solve the problem My wireless adapter is an Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter

A:Cant use an Ad Hoc network when an internet connection is being shared

No replies?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223429-cant-use-ad-hoc-network-when-internet-connection-being-shared.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have to use my desktop icon(net zero) to connect to internet. I get an error that remote computer is not responding other wise. what info do u need? thanx

A:cannot connect to internet using network connection

let's start with 'what do you expect should be happening'?
I think you're using a dial-up (pls correct me) and if so, that's the way all dial-ups work;
click on an icon
modem dials out
you log in
and as long as you stay connected,
email and your browser are functional.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-network-connection.32448/
Relevancy 51.17%

We have a wireless network that works fine for the other 2 computers in the house. My computer suddenly will not connect. Error message says that Windows does not find any problems with this computers network connection. Any ideas? I have tried to connect directly with the cable, and that doesn't work either.

A:Network Connection is fine, but cannot get on internet

Go to your Control Panel and open Device Manager. Click on the + by the ethernet controller. Is there a yellow exclamation point there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193420/network-connection-is-fine-but-cannot-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone,

Vista has been working great for about 6 months, networking and everything, but just 2 days ago my internet connection dropped and never came back. I looked into it and I am now connected to an "Unidentified Network" with "Local Only" access. I have tried to fix it for 3 days now and have gotten no where. I've tried everything I've read, though I may have missed something, I have even reinstalled Vista 64x. Any Ideas? Seems like a common vista problem.

A:Network connected but no Internet connection

When you installed or reinstalled Vista x64, did you also installed the Chipset drivers?

Are there any yellow warning signs under Device Manager?

Are you running a Cable modem?

What about a router? if so... model and brand?

Are you running a Wired or Wireless connection?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/231373-network-connected-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi thanks for looking and i appreciate your help. i am running windows 7 laptop
(client) and a windows xp desktop (server). I have setup the network wizard on both computers and have disabled firewalls and permitted full access to ftp and remote connections. I am on home network settings and have a yahoo dsl modem and a netgear n router. The problem is at first i am able to see my network in the network folder and am able to access my files and folders at first, but after about 1o minutes the connection drops and i get a message saying windows cannot access \\computername\folder ETc. My internet still works and never drops , only me network. please any advice or reccomendations?

A:network connection dropping/internet ok?

Quote: Originally Posted by c12i513

hi thanks for looking and i appreciate your help. i am running windows 7 laptop
(client) and a windows xp desktop (server). I have setup the network wizard on both computers and have disabled firewalls and permitted full access to ftp and remote connections. I am on home network settings and have a yahoo dsl modem and a netgear n router. The problem is at first i am able to see my network in the network folder and am able to access my files and folders at first, but after about 1o minutes the connection drops and i get a message saying windows cannot access \\computername\folder ETc. My internet still works and never drops , only me network. please any advice or reccomendations?

Have you tried messing with the power options of your network adaptor? Try turning off the hibernate and sleep functions of the adaptor in power options and in device manager for this connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135607-network-connection-dropping-internet-ok.html
Relevancy 51.17%

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you In fact - I can do virtually everything League Steam Skype etc except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e g Mail User Accounts Shop etc Then it says something along the lines of quot Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again quot No Settings But... Network Connection, Internet says When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but of the time it will encounter the same issue It's been happening for months now but Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But... I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched tried indexing etc and the only step I've found Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But... that I haven't tried says Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But... it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without quot connecting to the internet quot - - The system is up to date No driver updates available

A:Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

It could be that something is blocked on the firewall, either in Windows or on the router (modem) settings. Was anything configured here before? Also how many network connections are active (wireless; wired; etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/26328-network-settings-says-no-internet-connection-but.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 32 bit running Vista.

I don't know what happened but it could not just detect my LAN Internet/Network.

I loaded the backup/recovery/driver CD but again - still not working.

Any HELP would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bily

A:LAN Internet/Network Connection Issue

Hi Bily,

Welcome to the Forums.

You should try updating the drivers through the manufacturers' website.

The driver on the Cd may be out-dated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285509-lan-internet-network-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Scenario: 5 computers -wired lan with static IP addresses. New computer with Win7 Professional. The issue lies when the connection is made to the internet via modem on the switch. Network dissapears until I disconnect from the dsl connection. I have read alot of information trying to resolve this, but nothing is successful. I lost my go-to computer tech when I had questions, and this the set-up is not as easy as XP. Thanks

A:network and internet connection -Not at the same time.

You loose all 5 machines?

The switch and the modem are one in the same? If yes I assume that it is a switch/router?

H.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96469-network-internet-connection-not-same-time.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok i have internet connetion and all and internet explorer works fine. Any other programs i try to use says i dont have any internet connection at all. Here are a couple of examples. I recently brought starcraft 2 and when i try to install it, it said that im not currently connected to the internet. I downloaded Firefox. Same problems, it says unable to connect when clearly internet explorer works. Even my network setting says that im currently conneted to the internet. I tried allowing programs through my firewall and that didnt work. Firefox says that there's something wrong with my firewall or proxy. I tried alot of thing but i hope you guys have an answer.

A:My internet network connection is weird

whats your Anti virus software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107484-my-internet-network-connection-weird.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have a pretty urgent problem with Windows and I hope someone here can help me. I just woke up this morning to find my internet connection (network cable to a router connected to a cable modem) has suddenly stopped working. This used to happen once in a while, but now when I boot to SuSE linux the internet works fine, so the problem must be localised to Windows. There is another Windows PC connected to the router, and that has no problems. Does anyone have any idea on what could be wrong?

Thanks!

A:Problems with internet connection through network

Well, the first step would be to open a command prompt and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL

post the results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-internet-connection-through-network-8455.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows 7 build 7057 EEE 1000HE

I seem to have a situation where my wireless connection does not include my local network, so I cannot see or connect to any local computers on my network but I can connect to the internet just fine wirelessly. Of course, if I wire into the ethernet port I can see the local computers. I know I should be able to access the local computers wirelessly but I cannot seem to find the "switch" to combine local and internet access.

A:Internet connection but no local network

7057 has shoddy network support, almost everyone has problems with 7057 not showing network connections. Move up to build7068.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/6573-internet-connection-but-no-local-network.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a home network consisting of 3 Win 98SE desktops, 2 XP SP2 laptops, and 1 Vista laptop. They are all connected to a Lynksys wireless router either by ethernet cable or wi-fi. I need to find a way to share the internet connection from my wireless USB modem in one of the laptops across the entire network (all 6 PCs). I fiddled around with a program called WinGate which apparently shares internet connections, but it proved unsuccessful. Help?

A:Internet Connection Sharing Across Network

You can use ICS on the laptop in question to share the Internet, then configure the router as follows to eliminate any issues with it's NAT layer.
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-sharing-across-network.856051/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am building a new build for my six year old and am having some problems connecting to the internet I am using some old and some new parts and used buld connection new and Help internet/network with Windows XP because I didn t want to spend the money on another Win license It s probably user error since I haven t used XP in so long OK I loaded Windows and then the motherboard drivers including LAN When I Help with new buld and internet/network connection go to control panel it says Connection Enabled but when I try and repair it it says Failed to query TCP IP settings of the Help with new buld and internet/network connection connection cannot proceed I am using Comcast Cable Internet connected through a wired router but I have tried directly to the cable modem too It is already set to Obtain IP and DNS Address automatically What am I missing The System Gigabyte TA-UD AMD Athlon II X Cooler Master Hyper ATI Corsair CX Samsung IDE DVD R W WD Help with new buld and internet/network connection g Raptor original Antec One Case nbsp

A:Help with new buld and internet/network connection

Go into Device Manager and see if you have any warnings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-buld-and-internet-network-connection.1052117/
Relevancy 51.17%

Thanks for the help,
Once I have all the stuff to do this I'll probably have more questions. Anyone else who is viewing this thread, I'm still open to suggestions if you've got them.

Relevancy 51.17%

HELP!!!!!

I have installed Win 7 - Build 7100

It worked for 2 hrs and since then all I get is the network icon in the bottom right with the yellow triangle. It states unidentified network - no internet access.

How can I cure this.....

It is a NVIDIA Network controller on a ASUS Striker II Extreme board.

A:LAN connection - Unidentified Network - No Internet

I have the same problem here on a Dell Dimension E520 with an Intel 82562V Gigabit card, but try this: right-click on the network connection icon in the system tray and choose Open Network and Sharing Center. Near the top of the left hand pane, click Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your network adapter and click Disable. After it's finished disabling, right-click it again and click Enable. That seems to clear up the problem here, although I have to go through the same process whenever I reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9473-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been at this for 3 days I spent a whole day on the phone with RR and Linksys - We have 3 desktops and one laptop and all BUT ONE are working fine - I am at the point I took everything off the PC in question and I just want to start it fresh. Dell once gave me instructions to "as it start to boot up hold down the control key and tap the F11 key - this is not working - Restoring the system is not working! Can someone please help me? I just put new memory and RAM and a wireless card in this machine and upgraded to a wireless keyboard & mouse. I am beyond frustrated! Thank you for any input.

A:OS XP Home Have NETWORK & INTERNET CONNECTION BUT

System model?

Do you have recovery/restore disks from Dell?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272210/os-xp-home-have-network-internet-connection-but/
Relevancy 51.17%

OK here is the story I've been having connection problems for the last year it's really annoying and so hard to understand whats happening The internet connection is my dads Please problems Network - Internet and connection Help he lives in the garage beside me He's with talk-talk fibre optic The small modem type thing that connects is in the garage along with the main router that connects to the small thing not sure what this Network and Internet connection problems - Please Help is but it obviously connects to the fibre optic His PC is connected to the router by wire there is then a wire that runs from that router up through the garage and into the house through the wall in one of the bedrooms this is were I have a router or two i've tried two routers with mixed results I'm connected via wireless through the second router in a room upstairs and get full signal when connected I have a belkin g and a netgear dg n Now this morning after leaving my computer on all night i woke up and it wasn't connected Although this happens everyday when i turn my laptop on i have to connect via wireless to the main router in the garage then reconnect to the router up stairs to get the connection to come on This time round it wont work at all The netgear gives me - quot Windows Networking TroubleShoot Error The connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken quot And the belkin gives me - quot Windows Networking TroubleShoot Error the default gateway is not available quot and quot wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot This is really annoying I think it's something to with the way the talktalk router is set-up or the hub that im connecting to from the main router My operating system is windows ultimate bit I'm not sure what to do Anyone help Thanks Aaron

A:Network and Internet connection problems - Please Help

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You might want to visit the manufacturer's site for the latest firmware of those 2 Routers.
How's your direct connection from the device that Talk to Talk provided?

Also, this Tutorial might be of helped, if you are using more than one router and trying to connect to the Modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203466-network-internet-connection-problems-please-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have just installed windows 7 upgrade, since the install I have had no internet or network access. I have tried installing new drivers but still not working. The connection to the router is showing excellent, unidentified network & no internet access. I have also tried bypassing the router and going straight to the modem with the cable and get the same results.

A:No network or internet connection after upgrade

Have you reset the router?

Also you may want to post the details of the router and modem and such

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83299-no-network-internet-connection-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just installed XP PRO after 3 years of Working with Ubuntu.
No dual-boot or anything, just a clean, fresh, install.

But my internet doesn't work & by that I mean:

Though I have everything setup right with the router and the modem, my internet doesn't work!

my run>ipconfig came back with just "WINDOWS IP CONFIGURATION" and nothing else.

I have a:
DYNEX WEGRTR router

Westell 6100

and xp pro

please help!!

ps. if it helps, all thats under device manager>newtork adapters is "1394 Net Adapter"

A:Help with Network Adapters and internet connection

You have no network hardware that is recognized by Windows. I'm going to guess it's showing up in Other Devices with an error.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-network-adapters-and-internet-connection.779613/
Relevancy 51.17%

I need help please I setup a brand new Dell laptop up at home last week It is running Windows home premium out of the box Had no issues Got it to connect to the network both wireless and Ethernet When I right clicked on internet but Wireless network no connection the network icon on the taskbar there was my router Linksys with a strong connection When the laptop was taken to another site for work purposes could not see the corporate wireless network so their IT people worked on it Wireless network connection but no internet a while They still couldn't get it to connect so it was setup with the Ethernet I don't know what they did BTW The problem is now at home when I try to connect wirelessly I can connect with the network and see and access the other computers on the network but I have no internet connection When I right click on the network icon on the taskbar I now Wireless network connection but no internet have two Linksys icons one shows great connection another one has a yellow exclamation mark on it I've tried the troubleshoot on it and it doesn't find anything wrong Any help would be appreciated Thanks Mark

A:Wireless network connection but no internet

Quote: Originally Posted by Altadena Mark

I need help please. I setup a brand new Dell 1464 laptop up at home last week. It is running Windows 7 home premium out of the box. Had no issues. Got it to connect to the network both wireless and Ethernet. When I right clicked on the network icon on the taskbar, there was my router (Linksys) with a strong connection.
When the laptop was taken to another site for work purposes, could not see the corporate wireless network, so their IT people worked on it a while. They still couldn't get it to connect, so it was setup with the Ethernet. ( I don't know what they did, BTW) The problem is now at home, when I try to connect wirelessly, I can connect with the network and see and access the other computers on the network, but I have no internet connection. When I right click on the network icon on the taskbar, I now have two Linksys icons, one shows great connection, another one has a yellow exclamation mark on it. I've tried the troubleshoot on it and it doesn't find anything wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mark

Have you tried connecting to the stronger of the two manually?

Do you have a backup to restore from?

Have you rebooted the router and PC at the same time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67932-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have windows vista home premium 64 bit with serivce pack 2. The other night i installed a windows update and then my internet connection started showing as an unidentified network with 0 internet connectivity. The router it is hooked up to is working fine for other computers allowing them full access to the internet. Did a system restore thinking it was the update but that did nothing.
Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

I got a new computer last year with XP and it was working great still does actually but it will not connect to the internet anymore Ive fiddled with every setting reset settings tried different network adapters turned off and uninstalled firewalls yes more than at a time scanned with up to date spyware and virus definitions and downloaded alot of winsock repair things and internet setting defaults I ve tried everything up to reinstalling windows XP I Internet Network and difficulty Connection really don t want to do that though because I don t want to go out and spend alot of money on a Windows XP disc and I am NOT going to get some illegal copy so what am I supposed to do As I stated above I had more than firewall active at a time It didn t affect my connection for a while if at all Is there a specific program you could point me too or a certain setting or button in XP that would do it I have a really slow pathetic computer with a working internet connection but I Internet and Network Connection difficulty need my good computer to play multiplayer games and get away from the hassle of transfering programs and Internet and Network Connection difficulty updates on CD-R s Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

My computer will not connect to the internet This has happened before and in the past I noticed that the time and date had reverted to factory settings So I changed it and I was able to access the internet That was Sunday night However the next morning I tried to use my internet and there was a little yellow triangle symbol with an exclamation mark I tried the usual things reboot the computer disconnecting Network" No - "Unidentified Connection Internet and reconnecting and was having no luck I then tried turning off the router and turning it back on "Unidentified Network" - No Internet Connection with no success I "Unidentified Network" - No Internet Connection deduced that it was something wrong with my computer not the network as I was connecting fine to the wireless from my phone I started looking for solutions online When accessing the Control Panel and looking at Network and Sharing I could see the wireless signal strength was excellent but for some reason it was reading as an unidentified network When observing the properties of this network I saw that it said Ipv Connectivity was labeled as limited as was Ipv Connectivity In the Device Manager under Network adapters there was a listing called Microsoft to and it was not working properly I uninstalled it and reinstalled it It is now working properly but is hidden and there was no change All drivers are up to date I also attempted to uninstall and reinstall The Netgear application but that also did nothing I tried nearly all the solutions provided by this site http helpdeskgeek com windows- fix-unidentified-network-and-no-network-access-in-windows- with no success I tried resetting the TCP IP in a command prompt but received an error message when attempting to input netsh int ipv reset reset logI have a Hp w using Windows Vista My wireless device is NETGEAR WPN Smart Wizard I am very frustrated and any help would be very welcome

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632359/unidentified-network-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I recently had to format my HDD due to a virus that I received I have disks xp pro adaptor connection/network No internet home and recovery disk w pro on it I was having No internet connection/network adaptor issues with my Product Keys but found the recovery disk worked fine but since I sortof had another version installed it wouldn't format but just wanting me to delete the partition I should of used my Xp pro disk on my home but I ended up using it on my laptop which had issues earlier I ended up deleting the partion using the recovery disk but now theres no network adaptor or ethernet Sm Bus Controller PCI bridge Device installed I downloaded the Nvidia drivers for ethernet SM Bus but it wont take them it says its istalled them but according too Device Manager they aren't So Im at a loss on what too do Im pretty sure I downloaded the right drivers for my MB and chipset any advice would be great I don't wanna have to buy something unless I have too

A:No internet connection/network adaptor

Post the specs of the system.

Once we have this info we can install the correct Drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-network-adaptor-454005.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there
Im new to this forum and hope somebody might help me. I have successfully networked 3 computers wirelessly and I can share files and printers. I use Dlink products but have configured the network through Windows XP. My problem is that I can connect to most websites no problem but a few I just cannot connect to at all and I get the ever familiar DNS server error message. One of the sites I cannot connect to is Ebay. This only happens on the 2 wireless connections. I would be really grateful for any comments on this.

Thanks

Richard

A:Internet connection through Wireless Network

Can you provide a little more feedback on your set up?

ie. Do you have cable or DSL broadband? What model of router is it? What OS are all the systems running? Did you set up the network as AD-HOC or Infrastructure? Did you assign static IP addresses or are you using DHCP?

btw... don't open another thread to push this one to the top... just post another message with the text "bump"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-wireless-network.30266/
Relevancy 51.17%

my pc shows to be connected to the network but not connecting to the internet. This computer is about 3-4 years old, running vista home premium 64 bit. I am absolutely clueless what to do. All advise is appreciated.

I should add I'm trying to connect via wi-fi. I have other computers and devices working just fine.

Thanks, Christine

[ATT

A:network connect, but no internet connection

Hi Christine.

Has it been connecting to Wi-Fi before in the past?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297653-network-connect-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've been trying to connect to our new Qwest router which is in another room On my computer I have a D-link wireless adapter that is in the back of my computer a NIC I was able to connect once but the computer froze after a few seconds That leads me to believe that nothing is wrong with my D-link adapter however I'm not sure if I even have the correct software for my brother deleted some things thinking he was cleaning out my computer Here are some screenies of my computer Here is my device manager http i tinypic connection internet problems? Network com x tzp jpg This is what happens when I click quot update quot http i tinypic com z r h jpg Here are my connections http i tinypic com zthxt jpg Here is Network internet connection problems? the quot welcome center quot which has some of my info http i tinypic com fejjuq jpg Here are my network connections http i tinypic com nplv jpg Here is my system http i tinypic com dj ljo jpg I don't really even know where to begin to continue getting connection through our Qwest router but I know I can for it has previously connected successfully Much help would be appreciated Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291888-network-internet-connection-problems.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve made a post in the HJT forum that I can t close or delete so please forgive me I am able to connect to my home network ok and I can start YIM ok Network FF/IE No Solved: with internet connection - but I cannot connect to the internet with Solved: Network ok - No internet connection with FF/IE ANY browser Solved: Network ok - No internet connection with FF/IE I have read several threads on this but I cannot lock down a fix for me I am going to provide the most requested stuff right off the bat in hopes that I can get some immediate help This is an acer laptop running vista basic I am connecting to my wire wireless router running DSL I have my laptop on the same network with XP and I am having NO problems with anything This computer is only a couple of months old and all the drivers are up to date I have tried to install spybot and a couple of other virus scanners to no avail no network The machine had macaffe on it until I removed it yesterday I was able to install and run malwarebytes last night and nothing was found I briefly turned my firewall off for testing no change Any and all help is appreciated The list contains ipconfig all ping computer ip address ping default gateway address ping dns server same as gateway address ping ping yahoo com Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users frank gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name frank-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-B - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c dd b a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- -EF-CF- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EF - A- - C-C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cad b b b ad Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cad b b b ad Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users frank gt ping Pinging with bytes of data General failure General failure General failure General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users frank gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users frank gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users frank gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

I m really new and not lingo savvy so bear with me Own a new Dell PC with home Vista Pro Own an Acer mini with XP home Both have wireless network cards and wired onboard I use the wired hard connection for my Dell My mini says I have a wireless connection though it is picking up an outside system to a LinkSys says connection is strong though won t let me connect Is it or could it be my XP is trying to get on an older system or a Vista system and on No Internet Put Connection to Network or Ability is not compatible Something else Next I cannot put my Acer mini on a network with my Dell I already did the path of setting up a No Internet Connection or Ability to Put on Network home network and using a flash drive to go between both and all that When I search the mini s network under the wireless card and click search available networks it doesn t see my Dell Am I not able to link my XP mini to my Vista Dell because of the different OS as well Please advise thanks nbsp

A:No Internet Connection or Ability to Put on Network

Hi

First off...i dont understand your first question...

"My mini...says I have a wireless connection (though it is picking up an outside system) to a LinkSys, says connection is strong, though won't let me connect.

What wont it connect to ?

is it the internet or the other machine, if its not your router that its connected to then no wonder, there may be security set on it and thats why you cant connect..

next

number 1) again i dont understand (maybe someone else will) what do you mean by older system

networking Xp and Vista is a real pain, its because vista uses a different workgroup name to XP plus there is the firewall and network sharing rules that have to be configured.

Google is your best friend there are hundereds of sites with good guides to achieving this.

in answer to question 2) i just answered that in my above point

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-or-ability-to-put-on-network.135227/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on my system. My internet seems to working on and off (i've installed all device specific drivers). Under Start -> Settings -> Network Connections there is something called as Internet Connection which always shows Disabled even if I try and enable it repeatedly. Now the internet seems to be working fine on the other computers on the same wifi network except this one. Can any one help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-under-network-connections.811587/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dlink DIR-655 router which is currently connected and set up to my network. I worked perfectly for a few months but then my internet all of a sudden stop working. So I called costomer service and the tech. told me to go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings> Advanced, he then told me to change the HTTP and Port to his new settings. This magicly fixed my intenet connection on my desktop (XP) but when I tried to use the wireless on my laptops (Vista and Mac OS) nothing happend. The status on both laptops say "Connected" but the internet doesn't work. I have been researching this for quite some time now but haven't found a solution. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you- Drakb