Windows Support Forum

Laptop fan and hard drive light always running/on

Q: Laptop fan and hard drive light always running/on

I have an Acer Aspire 5745 that is about 2 or 3 years old. I have been noticing that the hard drive light is either always blinking or always on, also the fan has been running constantly. Because the light is always on, the computer is running extremely slow. Simple and easy tasks such as opening a browser or even turning the volume up or down takes several seconds to 5 minutes.
I have tried uninstalling the antivirus AVG 2013 but it keeps coming up with a java error.
Please help!!
I'm not sure what other information to give. Please let me know what more information you need to help me.
Thanks!

Extra notes:
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop fan and hard drive light always running/on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop fan and hard drive light always running/on

It might mean that the computer needs a good cleaning.laptops dont get as dusty and dirty as desktops but it doesnt hurt to look and see.you might have to take it somewhere and have it checked out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-fan-and-hard-drive-light-always-running-on.1087281/
Relevancy 86%

Hi Tonight I had a problem with my laptop It was in sleeping mode and when I open the lid there were no mouse function and no touch screen function So the only thing I could do was to press the power button for seconds to turn it off but it didn't completely because light drive blinking, laptop light button hard and power doe... the screen turn off but the power button light is blinking just like when it is on sleep mode and I'm not sure if the hard drive light was on off or blinking before this hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... but hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... now is blinking I press the power button and nothing happen I press it for seconds and nothing happen I even did the HDMI connection to another monitor but both monitors don't show hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... anything not even recognize that something is connected to the HDMI port in the new monitor There is no sound nothing just the blinking lights What should I do Thanks nbsp PS I'm not sure if it's Windows -bit or -bit It was upgraded from Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-and-power-button-light-blinking-laptop/td-p/5593178
Relevancy 79.98%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!
Thanks

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as 127.0.0.1:nnn are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-flashing-with-nearly-no-processes-running.202265/
Relevancy 79.98%

I assumed it was just running updates but can t seem to figure out which ones are running I posted earlier and they mentioned posting some logs here and seeing what is seen DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Michael at on Thu things slowing running down. light drive Hard Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D Hard drive light running slowing things down. BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system dlbxcoms exe C Hard drive light running slowing things down. Windows system lxblcoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C ProgramData TVersity Media Server MediaServer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C WINDOWS sttray exe C WINDOWS WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Michael Downloads Defogger exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Michael Desktop Virus Scan dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M W mDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M W uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt local uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M W uURLSearchHooks TVersitybar Toolbar bd - b- cd- c a-b cdb - c program files tversitybar tbTVe dll mURLSearchHooks TVersitybar Toolbar bd - b- cd- c a-b cdb - c program files tv... Read more

A:Hard drive light running slowing things down.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388247/hard-drive-light-running-slowing-things-down/
Relevancy 79.98%

Vista Home Premium light things Hard drive running down. slowing SP bit gig of Ram Microsoft Securities Essentials I am not sure if it is a virus or not Sometime amazing speed and other times horrible speeds But when it is bad the hard drive runs and runs It Hard drive light running slowing things down. happens during random times I go through my regular Maintenance when things don t seem right But it seems like it did not quite work this time MBAM full scan DR Web ATF Super Anti-spyware in safe mode Then CCleaner Check disk and Defrag All of which ran with no problems I could see But it still happens It happened last night and I got so frustrated I shut it down It happened today and then was fine after a half hour I have used task manager and looked to see what is running and it seems like my browser was using the most memory which was Firefox and then I switched to Chrome to see if it made a difference and it did not I also looked at the process tab and that was a little above my head I am just not sure where to go for here I know it is not a lot of RAM and I assume that is half the problem To many things want to run at once but just wanna make sure Also is my maintenance up to standards or other recommendations

A:Hard drive light running slowing things down.

Hello,let's get a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386660/hard-drive-light-running-slowing-things-down/
Relevancy 78.26%

Days ago my computer started giving me lots of popups which was some kind of adware or malware which pretended to be my computer telling me that I needed to download anti virus software I ran ad aware and although it kept identifying threats and quarantine them it would always come right back upon reboot I downloaded a program called Threatfire which seemed to get rid of the pop ups But ever since this Light Drive Program Blinking Hard Running, Unknown Rythmically attack on my computer my hard drive light is Unknown Program Running, Hard Drive Light Blinking Rythmically blinking rhythmically and constantly and it never stops Additionally I can hear the hard drive quot thinking quot with every flash of the hard drive light I ran msconfig and only have the minimum startup programs running but I can t figure out what is running or if it s connected to the popup situation that seems resolved at the moment Below is the Hijack This logfile Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Mike Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Unknown Program Running, Hard Drive Light Blinking Rythmically C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost Unknown Program Running, Hard Drive Light Blinking Rythmically exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar no name - A AE -FBED- -A BF- AF - no file O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ThreatFire C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-program-running-hard-drive-light-blinking-rythmically.640714/
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently upgraded my microsoft office from XP professional (2002) to home and student 2010. I had troubles installing the software and had microsoft tech help me by take over my computer and install the software. Since then the computer has become VERY unstable(freezes and locks up(required battery to be removed)). The Hard Drive light keeps running and has become very slow. I don't know what to do, or if I have a virus...please advise. I have defraged the hard drive and scanned the disk...need some help...

Relevancy 75.25%

UPDATE drive randomly Hard goes light crash) stopping - out laptop (HD Uninstalled Avast on the th of November and installed Avira not had a single crash yet which is great ----- Hard drive randomly stopping (HD light goes out - laptop crash) I need Hard drive randomly stopping (HD light goes out - laptop crash) some advice help please Ok so this laptop is nearly years old but she's my baby and has lasted too long to let go yet Recently while using my machine the hard drive has randomly stopped spinning and the hard drive activity light goes out - PC freezes and no BSOD I have to force restart the machine which takes me to the black screen to boot normally into safemode This has been happening for about months now and mostly every day sometimes twice a day seems to be getting worse I think I think the problem is Hard drive randomly stopping (HD light goes out - laptop crash) related to Firefox and Google Chrome the PC doesn't seem to crash when running any other programs For example I'll be on YouTube I'll pause the video and it may just crash I click a link in Google search it may crash I open the Firefox menu and it may crash but not always It doesn't seem to crash when left alone running a program or idling away Troubleshooting I've tried reseating hard drive ram clearing all vents not a heat issue defrag Reinstalled Firefox and Google Chrome Checked PC temperatures - no problem here I have no Vista repair disc and nobody else seems to use Vista anymore to lend me one SFC Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them CHKDSK Bad sectors Apologies for the long post PC specs below GB RAM - Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s

A:Hard drive randomly stopping (HD light goes out - laptop crash)

What brand/model is your laptop?

It's interesting you were able to run a defrag, a HDD-intensive task.

Do you have a way to back up your system?
There is a thread on this forum under the General Discussion topic where you may be able to request a link to a genuine copy of Vista, which you could use to reinstall the system. This could tell you broadly whether you have a hardware or software problem.
(The size of that thread tells you how many people just don't seem to have recovery discs, or never created discs, can't find them, etc.)

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/304064-hard-drive-randomly-stopping-hd-light-goes-out-laptop-crash.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I had a few pop ups recently and ran avg and it didn t come up with anything the pop ups have stopped but now the hard drive is running constantly I Laptop running Hard always drive m just wondering if I have anything on my system that is a problem Thanks Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Laptop Hard drive always running v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Laptop Hard drive always running v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Cyberlink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Cyberlink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv amp r v f l zq a u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Laptop Hard drive always running http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv amp r v f l zq a u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - HKLM Run CLMLServer quot C Program Files x Cyberlink Power Go CLMLSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe quot O - HKLM Run PDVD LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run BCSSync quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEMN EXE O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files x Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item S amp end to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Linked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Linked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O - DPF DABFBF-D AB- FA- C -CC F DivXBrowserPlugin Object - h... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-drive-always-running.907566/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've been noticing after re-installing Win 7 that I get random floppy drive seeks and the hard drive light flashes like crazy and then everything is fine again.I have Clamwin AV,Spyware Blaster and Spybot S&D installed,but that's it,no Windows Defender or Essentials AV.Any ideas what causes this? It's a minor annoyance,but I just want to make sure it's not damaging anything.Also would Readyboost help me? I've got 2 gigs dual channel PC3200 ram(or I could go with 2.5 gig single channel PC2700)and a P4 at 3 gig until I can afford to upgrade my comp.This is my first post in quite awhile so I hope this is in the right place Thanks.

A:Random floppy drive seek and hard drive light flashing

I have a fix for the floppy drive problem. Unplug it!

But er, it could easily be the AV software doing it, or possibly the Windows indexer.

To track it down you could try catching it in the act (if it's prolonged enough) by using the "Resource Monitor" found on the Performance tab of the Task Manager. Click on the "Disk" tab and wait for it to happen and see if something new shows up as doing disk IO.

Though also, disabling the AV software temporarily and see if it stops might be a first try...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/202434-random-floppy-drive-seek-hard-drive-light-flashing.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, my laptop will charge ok when shut down but when running after a time, the battery light and the power light will start blinking orange and the battery wont charge and will run out with the adaptor connected. I have tried removing the battery and holding the power button then refitting. If the light is blinking, after the laptop shuts down/hibernates, I have to remove the power lead and then reconnect for it to charge correctly. Also when I run on ac power only with the battery removed, the laptop will after a while suddenly shut down. Any ideas how to correct these issues would be grately appreciated. Thanks in advance.Al

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/battery-light-blinking-orange-when-laptop-running/td-p/451843
Relevancy 62.78%

I am building a new computer from scratch It is has an Intel Motherboard Ghz Pentium Processor IDE Ports for the floppy drive I have External - quot slots External - quot slots and internal - quot slots for hard drives Here are my problems I had a Compaq Presario with a - quot gig Hard Drive That motherboard went bad / Light Hard Drive Drive Hard Problems so I decided to build my own computer from scratch and everything was going fine until now I took the - quot hard drive out and put it into my new case It had Windows on it and so I upgraded to Windows XP Professional That solved many of my problems but I am still stuck with the following problems My Hard Drive Light on my Case which is suppose to light up when my hard drive is active doesn t work I can see a little green light on my hard drive itself light up but not on the front of the case where it is suppose to I decided that the Gig hard drive from my old system is a little too slow so I bought a Gig rpm Western Digital Caviar Drive It is a - quot drive which I put into one of those internal drive bays When I boot up I go to CMOS by pressing F and then I go and see that the computer is recognizing it and it is My problem is when I go to Windows and to quot My Computer quot it isn t there I am sure it is something small that I am overlooking but I am new to this I bought the hard drive as an OEM and it came with nothing I am wondering what I need to do to get this hard drive active and then transfer all Hard Drive Light / Hard Drive Problems my data from my old hard drive over to the new one I want to keep my old hard drive as a secondary back-up drive Hard Drive Light / Hard Drive Problems but I want my system to boot up load the operating system and load all programs from my new hard drive Please help I want the following and I need to know the best way to accomplish it a DVD Rom Drive b CD-RW Drive c Regular High-Speed CD-Rom Drive d Old - quot Internal IDE Hard Drive e - quot floppy drive f Internal - quot Iomega mg Zip Drive g Internal Gig Hard Drive - quot The problem is that my computer comes with IDE Ports on the motherboard and one for the - quot floppy Each IDE cable has slots One for Master and one for Slave I need IDE Ports for a single cable or for double cables Which do you prefer and how do I obtain additional IDE Ports I don t want to purchase any SCSI right now so I am trying to stick with the IDE How do you recommend placing these devices on the IDE controllers and in what order Should I have the hard drives on the same IDE Cable with one as master and one as slave I know this is a lot of questions but I am in a bind and need some help Thanks a MILLION nbsp

A:Hard Drive Light / Hard Drive Problems

Hi sdh31873

Do not put both hard drives on the same string as the controller will default to the lowest speed hard drive. In fact I would think about getting rid of the old drive entirely as its age means that it should be very slow.

Have you tried turning the led HD connector to the motherboard over?

You can get an Promise PCI controller card that will allow you to add some extra IDE ports. The controller will show the devices on it to be D0, D1, D2 etc. It looks like a SCSI device to the system but hooks up IDE devices.

You need to FDISK and format a new hard drive before windows can see it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-hard-drive-problems.66084/
Relevancy 62.35%

It seems in windows my hard drive is ALWAYS being accessed! My HDD light keeps flashing, even when the computer is sitting idle! I have the following processed running:

WDFMGR.EXE
nvsvc32.exe
Steam.exe
NvMixerTray.exe
Explorer.EXE
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
wuauclt.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
crss.exe
SMSS.EXE
taskmgr.exe
System
System Idle Process

Yes, thats right, four svchosts! Anyways, this hard drive access is real annoying! It slows down my computer a lot! It seems that in linux, my hard disk light only flashes when I'm actually doing something, but it's always flashing in windows.

How do I get my hard drive to stop being accessed. I want to play my video games at fast speeds, without hard drive access slowing me down.

AMD Opteron 146
ASUS SK8N
512MB DDR PC2700
2x40G Maxtor Hard Drives
XFX Geforce 6600 GT

A:Hard Drive Light!

It could be the symptoms of a virus infection,suggest you run this free online scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

The four svchosts are quite normal ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light.363882/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently installed a Western Digital SATA 250gig HD on my E-Machine W3107 as a secondary drive. I needed an adapter since this machine has an IDE cable and the original (main) drive is IDE. After installing and formatting, everything is working properly (to my knowledge), but the HD light is always on. I've adjusted my pagefile (since I also upgraded my RAM from 512meg to 2gig) so that on the main drive, it's set to 3-4gig and 4-5gig on the secondary (WD) drive. I have also gone into "msconfig" and stopped all non-windows processes to no avail. Is there something else that might fix this, or should I even worry about it? Thanks in advance!!

A:Hard-Drive light always on

you're going to need a massive amount of free space to support that size
swap file. After setting the new size, the system is going to mung the HD
to make it active ... it may take a long time.

suggest you reset it to something more reasonable,
shutdown most services,
disconnect from the Net,
and defrag the volume.

then resize as you please and reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-always-on.52972/
Relevancy 62.35%

I sat down today to find out why I couldn't awaken my hard drive after finding it asleep. It is set to never sleep. After a manual shutdown and upon boot up, the hard drive light went out within a few seconds of the appearance of the desktop. Just before the light went out I could move the cursor, but the boot up process never completes and the cursor can no longer be moved after it goes out. I tried this three or four times with the same result. I run xp pro on that machine which is a six or seven year old hp, I don't know the processor type. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 62.35%

In my Acer system, the hard drive light had been on constantly (but flickering) since I booted up this morning. The system also seems very slow today. What could be causing this and what can be done to make the hard drive stop running?

Relevancy 62.35%

My processor recently crashed, so I installed a new one. I decided to upgrade the fan while I was at it. Since then, the computer runs like a champ. However, if the computer goes into standby and I bring it out of it, the hard drive light is constantly solid and the computer responds much slower every now and then. If I restart the computer, the problem goes away until it goes into standby again. I've ran a virus scan, did a check disk, and double-checked the connections. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I'm stumped.

I'm running a Pentium D processor, Asus P5LP-LE motherboard, and Windows XP.

A:Hard Drive Light Always On

Right click the Task Bar and choose Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab, see what program is using the most CPU usage when it is running slow. Disable or uninstall if you don't need it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-light-always-on-399225.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Everything seems fine with my computer after reformatted HD and reinstalling Win98 except my HD light is ao all the time. Any ideas?

A:Hard Drive Light Always On

did you open up the computer and remove wires, etc. Could be the wires are on backwards, other than that, I am not sure

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-always-on.94717/
Relevancy 62.35%

The light on my tower unit is continously on,or sometimes constantly flicking on and off very rapidly the one that tells you that the hard drive is doing something. I've not noticed this light being on continously before and the computer is responding very slowly and often freezes. I'm not sure what is causing it, I've looked in my start up list from msconfig but I couldn't pin anything there down

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is doing this?

cubbycuddly

A:hard drive light always on

i think ur hard disk space is extremely slow
try 2 get a new one and add it to the old one
because the old one is taking too much stress

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-always-on.272111/
Relevancy 62.35%

Even when Task Manager and Resource Monitor show no disk activity, my hard drive light won't go off. My computer has two hard drives, a 250 and a 1 TB. The 250 has Windows 8, the 1 TB has Windows 7.

If I boot into 7, it's fine.

The light is fine as the computer is doing pre-OS loading but it seems like once Windows 8 gets control of the drive, the light won't turn off.

A:Hard Drive Light Won't Go Off

I have a single drive in my computer, and since installing Windows 8, the drive activity light blinks at approximately two second intervals, continuously. It did not do this under XP.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4379-hard-drive-light-wont-go-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hi all
my son- in -law has a pc, a packard bell installed with xp home edition,and it has been working fine for 12 months, but now the hard drive light is on all the time, he can still use the pc all be it has slowed down some what, could anybody sugest a possible diagnostic test that we could download to test what could be the cause,
he has 2x 512mg of ram and its 2.9 ghz
many thanks in anticipation.
johnviv.

A:hard drive light

First check in Task Manager (processes tab - click on "CPU" to order the % of use highest to lowest) to see what application is hogging the CPU, it *might* be the same one that is causing the HDD activity.

I would also suspect a trojan or other malware as a possibility.

Also make sure that the HDD actually has useable space left (My Computer - select drive with right click - Properties)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light.538599/
Relevancy 62.35%

Here's the details:

I have error checked and defragged it, ran antispyware and virus programs but it still doesn't get rid of the light. However, it does go off when I enter standby mode and go out of it. I have Win XP Home with a 4 year old Western Digital HD.

A:Hard Drive LED light always on

whats your processor speed and how much ram do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-led-light-always-on.287194/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Not sure if this is a hardware or software problem but here goes This is an eMachines D P GHz Ghz RAM Windows XP Home Hard Drive on Continuously Light SP A week or so ago I noticed that after the computer runs for an hour or so it starts locking up and the Hard Drive Light on Continuously hard drive light stays on continuously Also after this occurs it will not shut down locks on quot Windows is shutting down quot A manual restart corrects the problem but it reoccurs after a period of time What I have done so far Ran malware removal as per MajorGeeks Malware Forum Found and removed a few items All scans now come up clean A Seagate diagnostics program indicated that the hard drive was bad so I replaced it with a new one the problem seems better computer runs faster and doesn t lock up as much but eventually the hard drive light stays on continuously it slows down and begins to lock up I opened up the case blew out some dust removed the HS and CPU and reinstalled with thermal gel as per Arctic Silver instructions Added a pci slot fan ensured that all fans have now are running ok Monitored temperatures with Speedfan CPU temperature normally runs in the mid s occasionally may reach low to mid s When the hard drive light is on continuously I have looked at Task Manager CPU usage is very low to I have terminated all of the processes that I could makes no difference The only thing I can do is manually shut down Using the power button At this point I am at a loss other than to possibly reformat and reinstall the OS I guess that would definitely rule out software issues Any advice would be most appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-on-continuously.734833/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Recently upgraded my memory from GB ddr MHz x mb TO GB Crucial Ballistic and initally had problems could only use GB wouldnt boot with the GB read some forums and had to reduce mhz to mhz Now it recognised the GB but still was crashing constantly on Hard drive light so having spoken to crucial they advised upping the memory voltage Hard drive light on constantly so Hard drive light on constantly it was at v AUTO increased to v Seemed to working fine trouble is ever since my messing in BIOS the hard drive light is on constanly and making in use noises Should i be concerned Have turned off search indexing disabled bit torrent done a memory test was good done scandisk no problems found I think the voltage may have changed something everything else is on auto vcore nb core vcore offset Anyone know whats wrong Also i downloaded the lastest motherboard drivers from nvidia and when its installed my Hitachi hard drive comes up in safely remove hardware So i changed it back to the previous version I have Asus P N-E Sli nforce i mobo Core Duo E Vista home premium Bit Would appreciate any help thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive light on constantly

Look at the board on the ASUS website. It tells you which memory is acceptable, and which is not. Those ASUS people are verrry particular.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-on-constantly.102879/
Relevancy 61.92%

Why is the hard drive light constantly on? I have no other programs open, only google chrome. It keeps flashing quickly.

A:Hard drive light constantly lit.

when it does not flash is the time to worry

the light signifies something is working,probably in the background not just the hard drive

i.e

mail checking
update checking
virus scanner running ect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-constantly-lit.1078215/
Relevancy 61.92%

My Pc's Hard Drive power LED light stays on. It started doing this shortly after I did a complete HD re-format and install of Win XP.
Is this just a coincidence?
The drive only makes noises when accessed for a read or write function, otherwise there is no noise from the drive, even though the LED stays on.
It never did this before!
Is this something that needs to be corrected? How?
Starting in Safe Mode has the same results--LED stays on.
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 61.92%

I came home Saturday night around 3am to look at my computer monitor led yellow. I knew something was wrong. I have tried to replace the battery on the mother board swapped the motherboard tried switching the video card slots everything. I am left clueless. I am not very experienced in working on computers so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try replacing my video card next. I have also tried plugging a different hard drive in and it still makes no beeps or anything on power up but I know it is getting power because the fan is working. The Hd LED is SOLID RED!!

A:Constant Hard Drive Led Light on

if u get no beeps, try flashing the bios. look in your mobo's manual how to do it. it should be shortin some pins using the jumper provided there. if that doesnt work, try takin out the ram. if your comp starts beeping that means its the ram thats the problem. check your mobo for any bulging capacitors. or no...you said you changed your mobo. if you have any pci cards plugged in, take them out and also disconnect all ide or sata devices so you only have the cpu, video card and memory plugged in...if that doesnt work, like i already said, start by removing the ram first...if no beeps are heard, proceed to the video card...if it still doesnt work, change the power supply...if again, doesnt work, remove the cpu and if u have another one, try installing it. wish you the best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-hard-drive-led-light-on.20097/
Relevancy 61.92%

New problem...

My hard drive light blinks every second or two, and is accompanied by the 'reading hard drive' sound.

Why is this?

More importantly - can any of you please help me fix it (i.e., stop it from blinking / reading the drive every second or two)?

Many thanks.

Larry

A:My hard drive light blinks every second or two..

Hi

simple fix...turn off the computer

no seriously, even though you arent using the computer , it is still working away, reading and writing to the drive, windows doesnt stop just because you arent using it.

There are many processes running on the average computer and its these that are using the drive.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-drive-light-blinks-every-second-or-two.141266/
Relevancy 61.92%

my hard drive will just not stop working...all day long! Im running windows 2000 and there are no visible programs running...I think.
Any ideas?

A:constant hard drive light

WIN2000 HIT CRTL + ALT + DELETE TO BRING UP TASK MANAGER THERE SHOULD BE A LOT OF PROGRAMS RUNNING

LOOK FOR ANTI-VIRUS , ANY SCHEDULED TASKS , LIKE DEFRAGE,

OR BACKUP
IF YOU ARE NEW TO WIN 2000

GOTO HOW TO http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itsolutions/howto/Default.asp

G7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-hard-drive-light.128229/
Relevancy 61.92%

Got a strange problem - recently added a CD-RW drive as a slave drive to my DVD drive The DVD is jumpered as Master Stays Light On Hard Drive and the CD-RW is Hard Drive Light Stays On jumpered as Slave However after adding the CD-RW drive the hard disk light stays on permanently If I disconnect the cable from the CD-RW then the hard light is fine i e it only lights up Hard Drive Light Stays On when the hard disk is being written to When I plug it back in the light stays on The CR-RW and DVD are on IDE and the Hard drive is the master on IDE There is no slave on IDE So by adding the CD-RW as the slave on IDE it has caused the hard drive light for the drive on IDE to stay on Just as strange if I set the DVD drive to quot Not Installed quot in the BIOS just leaving the CD-RW as the slave drive then the hard drive light works correctly again My motherboard is a MSI KT V Help nbsp

A:Hard Drive Light Stays On

Have you tried a new data cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-stays-on.161981/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an Acer light Drive Hard blinking.. keeps Extensa laptop Hard Drive light keeps blinking.. with an AMD Turion x GHz x KB L cache with GB DDR Ram Upon startup there Hard Drive light keeps blinking.. is a blue screen for about four minutes then is quot OK quot This laptop of mine is very slow My HDD indicator is active for a very long time up to minutes after startup I ve used Lavasoft Spyzooka and CCleaner to name a few to help detect trojans and viruses but cannot be detected by Hard Drive light keeps blinking.. these applications I just mentioned CA antivirus cannot detect anything after a complete scan Is there someting that can be done about this without having this professionally serviced in the shop Your response would be greatly appreciated Here is my HiJackThis log file if this is of any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BtTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe C Users mrr i AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus cavrid exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware CAPPActiveProtection exe C Users mrr i AppData Roaming Smilebox SmileboxTray exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E-DDF -F B FA D - no file O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files... Read more

A:Hard Drive light keeps blinking..

This will stop the constant HDD activity:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...ws-vista-search-indexer-and-indexing-service/

I did this right after purchasing my new pc a few weeks ago and have not had any problem like it since and can still use the search feature in Exployer. I also use File Seeker if I think the search isn't yielding what I want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-keeps-blinking.764285/
Relevancy 61.92%

For some time now my Hard Drive light remains ON even with no programs running. It blinks as I start up in the morning but soon goes ON and remains so. I've checked Task Manager and had a local geek help me look at processes running, but stopping everything but essential Windows systems, the HD light won't go out. I have uninstalled my antivirus program and the light will go out, but it reappears at next startup. I've uninstalled my antispyware program and the light will go out, but it reappears at next startup.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? I've also changed AV programs but with the same results.

A:Constant Hard Drive Light

Maybe those programs you removed...are running scans (which would account for HD activity).

Uninstalling a program shouild have no impact on a hard drive...unless doing so terminates a running application.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148943/constant-hard-drive-light/
Relevancy 61.92%

For some reason my hard drive light keeps flashing allot when my computer is idle any thoughts on what causes this and how to fix Ive ran virus check no virus found.

Relevancy 61.92%

I bought a Dell 1535 laptop yesterday with 32bit home premium vista installed. The computer seems to run well and cpu usage % is low but the hard drive light is constantly blinking. Other people seem to have a similar situation due to Vista's indexing but I'd like to know if this stops at some point.

Thanks in advance.

A:Blinking Hard Drive Light

Just give it a few days to index everything and it will calm down

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177376-blinking-hard-drive-light.html
Relevancy 61.92%

..... yet nothing showing on the screen.

Just had an anguished cry for help from a friend of mine:

"Whilst putting all the new wires etc in the back of the old PC for my daughter, the tower fell on its side. It stayed on. It is still powering up but the Hard Drive light is on permanently and nothing is showing on the monitor. I have restarted and powered off and up again but it is still the same. HELP !!!"

I don't know much about the system, other than it is a fairly old Athlon XP of indeterminate size. It runs XP Pro.

Anyone have any solutions/suggestions? If so I would be immensely grateful!

Cheers!

Jo

A:Hard drive light permanently on....

You need to get inside it and check both the power and data cables on the back of the hard drive and the data cable to the mobo to see if they are seated properly!!!

It may be best to pull the plugs out and refit them to make sure!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-permanently-on.61241/
Relevancy 61.92%

This week I noticed my hard drive light is always on. It used to be predictable with the computer slowing when the light was on during certain operations and then normal speed when the light was off. There is no noticeable slowdown. 24GB of 40GB western digital drive is free. I compared running processes with another similar machine and all were explainable or mandatory. I've run adaware and cleaned up, defrag regularly.

Could the light mean the drive has a problem or is a mystery process doing something to me?

Relevancy 61.06%

I have installed a Suba SD-SATA150R card with a WD SATA drive. It works, but there is no hard drive light at all. The light worked with the IDE drive I took out.

The card uses a Silicon Image chip. The mobo is ECS N2U400-A.

Is a dark hard drive light normal when using a PCI SATA card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-drive-light-with-sata-card.646061/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm looking for some ideas here. On the first startup of the day the post is taking twice as long as normal and after the post and Windows has loaded I have noticed that the harddrive light is staying on. After a few minutes, maybe 10 minutes or so, I can shut the computer off and then restart and everything is back to normal, normal post time and the harddrive light is off after Windows has loaded.
I'm running a Gateway 450, about 3 years old. I did a BIOS upgrade last year with no porblems.
Could it be that the HD is starting to show it's age?

Relevancy 61.06%

CPU usage is nil and the light keeps working and you can hear the drive working when the light is blinking. I am running a RAID mirror using the Intel chip on my Asus board. This system has no virus.

A:Why does my hard drive light blink all the time?

Problem solved. MSCONFIG showed an Epson printer service running. Turned it off and everything is good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57821-why-does-my-hard-drive-light-blink-all-time.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

When I have music playing the 'Hard drive Active light' filashes every few seconds. this causes the music to miss a beat. It sounds like a cd skipping and is really annoying. this only started after i installed a second hard drive. is there a way to disable this light? can i just cut and tape the wires. or is there a better solution?

cheers

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi folks. My hard drive appears to be working almost constantly. I have cleaned the pc with ccleaner, defragged and Malwarebytes reports no infections. Any help is appreciated!

A:XP SP3 Hard Drive Light indicates almost constant activity

1) Does this happen only shortly after boot or all the while the system is up?
2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
3) Open Task Manager to the Processes Tab and sort on the cpu column with highest usage at the top. Which process is using the cpu cycles?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427622/xp-sp3-hard-drive-light-indicates-almost-constant-activity/
Relevancy 61.06%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Drive Hard Light Constantly Flashing MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System Hard Drive Light Flashing Constantly smss exeC Hard Drive Light Flashing Constantly WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS Hard Drive Light Flashing Constantly system lsass exeC Program Files USB Safely Remove USBSRService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Genie-Soft GBMPro GBMAgent exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxdemon exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxdeamon exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DynDNS Updater DynUpSvc exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files HLW iTap iTap exeC Program Files USB Safely Remove USBSafelyRemove exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxdeserv exeC Program Files DynDNS Updater DynTray exeC Program Files mbpowertools iReceiver exeC WINDOWS system lxdecoms exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nnanet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O ... Read more

A:Hard Drive Light Flashing Constantly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242454/hard-drive-light-flashing-constantly/
Relevancy 60.63%

My hard drive light is amber and my computer will not power on. Battery light is white when power cord is plugged in. Ran updates earlier today and now computer will not power on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-is-amber-computer-will-not-boot-on/td-p/5828998
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys!

Recently, I've been noticing the hard drive "busy" light starts flashing a lot when it is not in use. The computer has been running slower since I noticed this. Websites "hang" for a second or two when trying to visit URLs as well.

Last night, I decided to get rid of AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead. Left it scanning overnight and it found a potential threat. I deleted the threat before taking note of the name of it. I did another scan after restarting and it nothing else was detected.

Afterwards, I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which found nothing. I also defragmented my hard drive and cleaned out some clutter with CCleaner (both haven't been done in months).

I have been using the computer all day and it still has the same issues. Not too sure what else to do next. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Luis

A:Hard drive "busy" light flashes when idle

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exeCheckmark following boxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset Ie proxy SettinsReset FF proxy settingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result. Download Adware Cleaner run it Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleanerDownload the junkware removal tool save it to your desktop run it in safe mode post the log.http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exeDownload Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Right-click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.zip and select Extract All.... Leave all settings as they are and click Extract. You will now have a folder named EmsisoftEmergencyKit on your desktop.Open the EmsisoftEmergencyKithttp://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/download/folder and double-click Start.exe.A new window will open. Under "Run Directly:" click Emergency Kit Scanner.When asked to run an online update, click Yes.When the update is finished, click the Back to Security Status link in the left corner. On the main screen click the Scan Now button.Select the Deep Scan option and click the SCAN button.When the scan is finished click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.Click the View Report button and in the Reports window double-click on the most recent log. Note, logs are named as follows: a2scan_<date>-<time>.txt.Copy/paste the report contents in your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484812/hard-drive-busy-light-flashes-when-idle/
Relevancy 60.63%

i recently had blue screen error due to memory ram. i bought a new ram installed it now when i start my computer the hard drive light stays solid red i get no signal for my monitor. and the cd & cdrw (both are seperate slots) lights keep blinking even though i have no cd in them. please help!

A:Computer won't Boot, hard drive light stays on

clear the CMOS (best to unplug the system and pull out the battery on the motherboard)
Do that for 30 minutes then connect back and turn on the system. If you still have issues then the RAM Voltage is not compatible with your mother board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-hard-drive-light-stays-on.140501/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows drive never activity stops blinking! light Hard XP Home with GB ram and about all I use it Hard drive activity light never stops blinking! for is email while traveleing and PowerPoint presentations when I teach I have a Linksys wifi card which I don t use at home since I Hard drive activity light never stops blinking! have no wifi network at home But if I want to use the web at home Hard drive activity light never stops blinking! I wire up my Ethernet cord that comes from my Comcast cable modem through my Linksys Ethernet router At the moment I have booted it up but I have not put in the wifi card and I have not connected the modem So the only wires into the rig are for vac power and the mouse I ve completed the normal startup and I m looking at the customary Windows desktop screen All icons are lit and steady Everything on the quick launch bar and the task bar is normal The cursor is the customary arrow and it s steady I ve been in this configuration for nearly minutes now and the hard drive activity light on the front of the rig has not stopped blinking randomly the whole time What the is it doing nbsp

A:Hard drive activity light never stops blinking!

Have you checked in Task Manager under processes to see what might be running that may be causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-activity-light-never-stops-blinking.887558/
Relevancy 60.63%

Well - let's see - I have a Dell XPS 410 Intel Core 2 (1.866GHz) 4MB cache, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM a little over 4 years old. I have plenty of free space and have defragged and recently ran a full disk clean - no viruses or malware present.
My problem is that my computer will start making a whirring sound and the hard drive activity light comes on and during this period of time, everything is very slow and even typing is difficult. While it is whirring, I cannot easily do searches or any work on my computer until it stops. Sometimes this can go on for a long time and happens many times daily.
I am running XP Pro and IE7 which are are up to date.
Short of getting a new computer - I need suggestions as to what this could be and would appreciate any help!
Thanks!

A:Whirring Sound & Hard Drive Acitivity Light Is On

This is a warning that the days to run your hard disk is numbered.

When a corruption develops, say by a dust particle trapped in the read/write head, some sectors of the hard disk becoming difficult to read. The operating system is obliged to try the instruction several times and so that is why everything is slowed down.

If the hard disk is allowed to continue to spin it is equivalent to running it to the ground. I would retrieve the data inside if it is valuable.

The disk will eventually reach a stage that it is no longer readable. The system then cannot mount it and you may then complain that it is not detected.

A hard disk should be viewed as a "consumable". Every unit is guaranteed by the manufacturer by a finite number of hours of operating cycles without causing errors. It has to die eventually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whirring-sound-hard-drive-acitivity-light-is-on.949737/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I just noticed earlier today that my hdd light is staying on. I mean on like the power light is on, not flickering when the hard drive is being used. Is this the light going bad, or is the motherboard going bad? Please don't tell me that the mobo is goind bad.

A:Solved: Hard drive activity light stays on

I had that happen with a brand new build a couple of years ago. Changing cases made no difference. The retailer checked the motherboard and replaced it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hard-drive-activity-light-stays-on.697822/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I upgraded my HP Pavilion a1540n Desktop to Windows 7 a week ago. Ever since, my hard drive light constantly blinks. After looking at the disk activity in the Windows Resource Monitor and doing some research I am leaning towards the page file as the problem. I am not sure if that is in fact the problem as there seems to be quite a few processes creating high disk activity, including Firefox profile cache, $Logfile, and MpWppTracing.bin. I only have 1GB of RAM. Would I be better served to add RAM before doing anything else like using Cacheman?

A:Why does my Hard Drive Activity Light Constantly Blink

Do you actually have constant hard drive activity, or is the light just blinking?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/50621-why-does-my-hard-drive-activity-light-constantly-blink.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I am new to this site, but I really need help. I have an external hard drive with tons and tons of important things on it. It was running fine and I went to plug it in last night and there is a blinking red light. It is a 3.5'' HDD enclosure. Can someone please tell me what has happened and also how I can fix it or retrieve the data. BTW... there is a green light on as well, but it doesn't blink, I am assuming that light just means it is on

Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

I recently reinstalled windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop  ( Intel Core I3,  4 gb ram).  Now the hard drive light is on nearly constant with a rare flash here and there and it is sluggish. It takes about 45 secs to 1 minute to launch a web browser for example and startup and shutdown are also very slow. .  I have installed all of the windows updates so it is now current.  There is bare minimum of programs installed.  I have defragmented the hard drive and checked it for any problems but it came back clean.  I also ran memtest and the memory shows no errors.   Any help with this would be appreciated. 

A:Hard drive light on constantly and sluggish performance

Have you tried running the Manufacture of the Hard Drive diagnostic software? I know you said you checked it but you didnt say how.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576678/hard-drive-light-on-constantly-and-sluggish-performance/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 weeks or so my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state of red.

i thought i had fixed it by trying a few other solutions i had found here on the net such as....

1. re-applying thermal paste to CPU
2. removing build up of dust
3. checking ALL connections
4. Re-installing windows
5. checking hard drive for bad sectors (which it found and fixed)

im running...
windows 7 32bit
3gb RAM
ATI HD6870
1 320GB western digital HDD
1 500GB western digital HDD ( which i think is causing the problems but its only a year old and shouldnt be failing now).

so yeaa..thats my problem..reall starting to anger me and im considering building a completley new system but this ones only a year and a half old :/ any help from you guys would be much apriciated

Thanks
Daniel.

A:Hard drive light goes solid red and computer locks up...

It does sound as though the hard drive has failed or is not far off it.

I may be wrong, but I think Western Digital have a five-year no-quibble guarantee on their hard drives so it'll pay you to check with them.

A hard drive can fail at any time so I think you've just been unlucky.

You should try and get any important data off the drive as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186770-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-red-computer-locks-up.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

im running...
Hp pavilion desktop
windows 7 64bit
4gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 130
500GB samsung HDD ( which i think is causing the problems )

And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

so please help me with that im getting mad on that

A:Hard drive light goes solid and computer locks up and freeze

You seem to have a couple of issues.

Quote:
And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

This happens when the CMOS battery is unable to keep enough charge, so when you unplug the PSU power source
+5V Standby Power also drops and clears your CMOS (BIOS).

Quote:
for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

Hard Hangs are usually hardware related .
I would start by taking a closer look at the HDD indeed as it is the first culprit that comes to mind.

Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for Windows if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301666-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-computer-locks-up-freeze.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just recently took a fan out of a working GX280 and put it into a GX280 that needed it. When I went back to put the fan in it the working machine, plugged everything in. The power button was glowing in an amber color. There is also an amber light on the motherboard. I had grounded myself ahead of time so I don't think I fried anything. Could it be a wire?Any help ahead of time is greatly appreciated. Also if the motherboards are the same can I swap hard drives?

A:Dell GX280 amber light and hard drive swap

Unless you created a surge of static electricity, then you should not have hurt anything. But you Likely have connected the wires backwards... Does the fan have a four wire or three wire plug and socket?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-gx280-amber-light-and-hard-drive-swap.121241/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I am not sure what the make and model of my exteranal hard drive is but here is what I know...
Maxtor 250GB External Hard Drive USB2.0 8MB Cache - Retail

found on this page:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140806

Ive had the product for about a year now and its worked fine up until about an hour ago...

I plugged the external harddrive into my PC and nothing happened, My PC wont pick it up at all and nothing shows up in "My Computer" The only thing that is happening is the green light on the front of the case is flashing on and off and thats it.

Does anybody know how I can fix it? Please
Thank you for your time

*P.S* im really sorry if ive posted this in the wrong forum section, Thank you

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I am wondering if I am Infected. I have a Compaq Presario SR5110NX.
I am running
Windows Vista Home basic
512 MB SDRAM
the computer is very very slow and the hard drive light never stops blinking. I have run Avast

anti virus and Ad-Aware but the hard drive light never stops and it is still very slow. Could

someone please help me?

Thank you,
rjett

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329945/hard-drive-light-never-stops-blinking-plus-the-computer-is-really-slow/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m having blue and external hard light with blinking drive Problem problems with my external drive and am wondering if the blinking light is a code for what s wrong The lights did not blink the same way before I believe something is damaged but I don t know exactly whats wrong with it I have an external quot SimpleTech quot drive on the back it says the following Product Name SimpleDrive Model No - - Power DC Adapter V A It connects via a USB cable to Problem with external hard drive and blinking blue light my computer My computer was recognizing it but no longer does I tried replacing the USB cable but that didn t help either It has a Problem with external hard drive and blinking blue light red and a blue light on it in the front The red light indicates it has been turned on but I don t know what exactly the blue light indicates However the blue light is now blinking in a way that I have not seen it blink before It blinks on once then pauses then blinks three times fast then pauses and repeats the pattern Does this blinking pattern indicate what the problem is When the HD turns on it spins up sounding fine but then makes several soft ticking clicking type sounds and spins down and stops then just blinks it s blue light Someone told me it s probably a head crash and the clicking sound is the scraping of the head against my platters meaning probably everything is shot Any help Is the blue light blinking a code that says what s going on Is it even worth taking in to someone to see if they can salvage any of the data that was on it nbsp

A:Problem with external hard drive and blinking blue light

My Rock Mobile External hard drive was doing the same thing. It just went completely Blank, and is no longer even formated. Save your data if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-external-hard-drive-and-blinking-blue-light.850799/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi thereLooking for some assitance I have a problem with my computer - the hard drive is constantly spinning and taking up to about of my system resources I think i have posted my log - please advise if I have made a noob out of it Thanks very much ogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files on hard PC slow. light drive clicks constantly mouse Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC PC hard drive light constantly on mouse clicks slow. Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files DVICO TViXNetShare TViXNetShare exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Rea... Read more

A:PC hard drive light constantly on mouse clicks slow.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309175/pc-hard-drive-light-constantly-on-mouse-clicks-slow/
Relevancy 59.77%

when turning on computer nothing happens. black screen no hard drive light  

Relevancy 59.77%

For as long as I've had this machine a little over Gateway Constant Drive DX4860 Activity Light Hard a year the HDD light is constantly going wild Erratic blinking but ALWAYS blinking After purchasing it I had to send it in for a warranty claim on a bad mother board Got it back works fine Used it for a few months light still blinking I've always viewed it as bothersome but nothing serious But now I can HEAR the hard drive making little noises And I'm worried it's going to fail Disk check shows everything is OK Ran Malwarebytes Spypot S amp D and Avast Virus Scan no issues I've defragged tried disabling indexing and the DVD drive Still blinking I've looked at Resource Monitor to see what is using the hard drive and the list updates so often I can't even see what's doing what It appears to be mostly activity from Firefox and system processes I'm all out of ideas I'm thinking of upgrading to an SSD with a fresh Windows install but I don't want to do Constant Hard Drive Activity Light Gateway DX4860 that and have the light STILL blink Could it be a still faulty motherboard Does anyone have any ideas

A:Constant Hard Drive Activity Light Gateway DX4860

Quote: Originally Posted by Barndtron

For as long as I've had this machine (a little over a year) the HDD light is constantly going wild. (Erratic blinking, but ALWAYS blinking)

After purchasing it, I had to send it in for a warranty claim on a bad mother board.

Got it back, works fine. Used it for a few months, light still blinking.

I've always viewed it as bothersome, but nothing serious.

But now I can HEAR the hard drive making little noises. And I'm worried it's going to fail.

Disk check shows everything is OK. Ran Malwarebytes, Spypot S&D, and Avast! Virus Scan, no issues. I've defragged, tried disabling indexing and the DVD drive. Still blinking.

I've looked at Resource Monitor to see what is using the hard drive, and the list updates so often I can't even see what's doing what. It appears to be mostly activity from Firefox and system processes.

I'm all out of ideas. I'm thinking of upgrading to an SSD with a fresh Windows 8 install, but I don't want to do that and have the light STILL blink.

Could it be a still faulty motherboard? Does anyone have any ideas?

I have four computers, none with an SSD, and everyone of them has almost constant HD activity; there are some pauses. I don't really know why the HD's are so busy, but I don't really care either.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308459-constant-hard-drive-activity-light-gateway-dx4860.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I have a HP G60-443CL Notebook, 64 Bit Vista, lately is been slowed down considerably and the fan is running constantly and the hard drive light is almost constant. When I open an application such as browser, after a bit the hard drive begins to run constantly and slows the computer down to a crawl. The fan is always running loud. I do not notice anything under Task manger that appears to be hogging memory, but I may not know quite how to look more extensively. It has become very annoying and quite a hindrance to my work environment. If I try to run more than one application, everything on the computer just slows down tremendously. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

I've decided to Very Light Not System Slow, Hard On Restoration Drive Image system restore to a very old system image February rd I'm doing this instead of a factory reset because I can't find my Microsoft Word Excel PPT licenses Also I have a student version of MATLAB that I would not System Image Restoration Very Slow, Hard Drive Light Not On be able to reinstall This is the closest I can get to starting fresh before upgrading to Windows There is so much crap on my computer I've tried sifting through it to delete a bunch of stuff but many times it claims that a file is in use or open and can't be deleted So I'm just reverting to an old system image when my laptop was only about months old I got it in June of I made a new system image last night just incase I missed backing up something This took about hours for some reason The system image was like gb Today I went through the control panel to get to recovery and then started the process of restoring to a previous image It's been going for about hrs now Should I expect it to take as long as the image I just took Here are some pics I hope I am allowed to post links I didn't see it in the rules Note that I have control over the caps lock and num lock Also that the hard drive light doesn't light up My computer is not sleeping or else the power button at the top right would be blinking The display is not on This is an ASUS laptop I don't know of this everything is still OK The hard drive light never blinking or anything is making me think my laptop isn't doing anything Caps Lock and num lock are on - Imgur Both locks are off - Imgur rd light - Imgur Light and external power with battery - Imgur

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/382822-system-image-restoration-very-slow-hard-drive-light-not.html
Relevancy 59.77%

How does the hard drive communicate with the red led light? I think i just have a bad bulb because there are no indications that the hard drive is failing. chdsk found no problems Don't' tell me to flash my bios or any other nonsense. Only reply if you know what ur taking about. So don't waste my time

A:Hard drive light solid red. There are no indications of a hardware malfunction

have you tried turning the hdd led connector plug around on the motherboard its proberbly got the plus and minus on the wrong pins which is making the LED solid and not flash

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-solid-red-there-are-no-indications-of-a-hardware-malfunction.153327/
Relevancy 59.77%

when turning on computer nothing happens. black screen no hard drive light  

A:when turn on black screen no hard drive light mode...

still under warranty or not?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/when-turn-on-black-screen-no-hard-drive-light-model-nv52/td-p/387255
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new Inspiron 15-5559.  I use the Fn + H to show hard-drive activity.  Is thee a way to set this so I don't have to do it every time the laptop starts up  Sometimes I forget and then when I look at the light nothing is going on so I have to do the Fn + H again.  Can a script or batch file be created and put in the startup section to turn it on each renoot?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983751
Relevancy 59.34%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Run the western digital diagnostic tool, if it says its bad, then time to rma the disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213659-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Bought my wife this computer for Christmas.  Apparently Dell has combined the power indicator light/hard drive activity light/ and battery status light into one single light on the front edge of computer.  My concern is that the light only comes on briefly when I first plug  in the power supply, then it goes out  and never lights again.  Even when the hard drive is writing or reading the light doesn't come on to show activity.  Is this normal?  I'm concerned as this is one way I've used to determine if things are happening on my computer as they should be.  If  the light is not designed to show hard drive activity when it occurs, what use is it?

A:Inspiron 5759 power/hard drive/battery light not working?

If you haven't found the answer to your question then this should help you.
Hold down the "Fn" key which is in between the Ctrl & Windows Key then press the "H" key.  This action will be required each time you re-boot the computer.

Don

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19669037
Relevancy 59.34%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Can we get some system spec's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213655-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My Computer freezes and stops working only when im downloading a torrent or try to stream!
The Red Blinking light (Which im sure is for the Hard Disk) stops blinking once these freezes happen
When it freezes sometimes i cant even restart it with the restart button on the case and have to take its cable out.The problem has been on my computer for a year but i havent tried fixing it.

I had a blue screen of death once but that was months ago.
Havent ReInstalled Windows even once since ive got it last year.

Sidenote: I sometimes have Administrator problems and cant do some stuff when i am the administrator could that be the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379469-computers-freezes-computer-cases-red-light-hard-drive-stops-blinkin.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Last night I turned off my computer and went to bed everything was normal Then I woke up this morning and tried to power it back on but it won t boot and this is all that happens The CPU fan comes on and stays on The hard drive light comes on immediately but then stays solid No BIOS nothing at all Just a blank screen The computer will stay like this for as long as it s powered no beep, bios, no boot, Solid drive odor weird light, no hard on Keyboard lights come on and stay on Checked all the motherboard connections hard drive connection everything is normal Computer gives off a weird odor now like the smell of permanent marker Computer stays in this idle state with the hard drive light solid until I get sick of looking at it and I turn it back off One thing---last night before I shut down the computer I disconnected Solid hard drive light, no beep, no bios, no boot, weird odor my mouse while still running the OS Windows XP I then shut down the computer without plugging it back in Solid hard drive light, no beep, no bios, no boot, weird odor and as luck would have it the mouse was taken from my desk and I don t know where it is How likely is it that this is the cause of the entire problem Because really I ve had similar experience like this before where the BIOS wouldn t even load just sat there at a black screen and a friend of mine said it was probably the BIOS itself or the hard drive but definitely something with the hardware itself Thoughts Everything is on that computer I don t know what I m going to do if the hard drive is shot I m desperate for help I ll try to do this accurately after reading the posting guidelines Operating system - Win XP Laptop or Desktop - Desktop If name brand - Brand and Model - Custom Type of Mouse USB PS Wireless - PS Type of Keyboard USB PS Wireless - PS Amount of memory - GB Motherboard model if known - PC CHIPS M G - SOCKET - FSB mhz - SIS GX CHIPSET - BIT SUPPORT Video card PCI PCI-E AGP or Integrated Video if known - Integrated Tried unplugging the hard drive and then switching on the power hard drive light still stays solid nothing appears on the screen still nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there new here I have searched for about - hours on this topic I have updated as many drivers as I could and I have changed my SATA cables out I cannot figure out this problem When I am on my computer the red hard driver indicator light on the top of my case will blink constantly When I start playing a game fast, it? freezes. causes computer drive solid, What and Hard light stays then blinks it will blink really fast and then you can hear a Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? quot beep quot sound The light stays red for a few seconds Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? then goes back to blinking intermittently When it beeps everything freezes up for a bit - seconds Then it will come back and resume like before Sometimes the beeps and freezes are minutes apart sometimes they are minutes apart Its really annoying and I dont want to take it to a shop just yet Anyone ever heard of this happening Is the hard drive overheating maybe Cause it gets worse when I have things like music and games going at the same time If anyone would like to know more about the computer I will list it all

A:Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. The Check Disk Utility will check the integrity of the drive.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and run the Quick and the Extended diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-light-blinks-fast-then-stays-solid-and-computer-freezes-what-causes-it-647800.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I looked at what programs are hammering my hard drive and Chrome is accessing my HDD all the time. I've got about 5 tabs open but theres nothing really happening on the pages.

Also, AVG (vprot.exe, avgui.exe) are thumping my hard drive too.
I am seriously thinking of getting rid of AVG, its just a resource hog too often now.
Any light anti viruses you recommend?

A:AVG free & Chrome hammering my hard drive - solid green light 50mins!?

I noticed the same thing abut AVG, so I uninstalled it. Lots of members recommend Avast, but I myself just stick to the basic Microsoft offering (Essential/Defender ?), and also scan with Malwarebytes regularly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372634-avg-free-chrome-hammering-my-hard-drive-solid-green-light-50mins.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys I am running Vista on an AMD Phenom X e with gb ram My hard drive is constantly running and chugging away pretty good too reading rather than writing i believe My cpu and memory usage are quite high and my system is running relatively slow for doing simple things like opening a browser I have attached a screenshot of the system resource monitor with basically nothing running drive running Slow constantly and system running Hard but hijack this and a browser Any help would be greatly appreciated I have run scans with malware bytes and adaware as well as AVG which all come up clean Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exeC Program Files Slow running system and Hard drive constantly running x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cndtR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lhjmq qc ca lang en index php page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cndtR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cndtR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbyloginO - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files x Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end ... Read more

A:Slow running system and Hard drive constantly running

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266863/slow-running-system-and-hard-drive-constantly-running/
Relevancy 58.05%

System is running horrible slow. The hard drive light is on solid for 2 seconds, blinks off, on again for 2 seconds etc..
I tried to use system restore to go back to am earlier date. After I selected the date it said it was starting restore but would never start. I tried the same in safe mode and via a windows 7 recovery CD. Same results.
I then ran a full checkdisk on the hard drive. It got stuck during part 4 of file on checking files.
I'm now running a full hard drive surface scan via partition wizard.
Note this happened a month ago..exactly the same problems . I gave up and re installed a fresh copy of windows.
Everything was good until now.
What can I do? Please help!

A:dell runs super slow. hard drive light always on. system restore won't start.

From what you have posted it looks like there could be a problem with the HDD.  

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

6.  When the scan is complete you will see Test results, post the status.  If it is green it has passed the scan.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575189/dell-runs-super-slow-hard-drive-light-always-on-system-restore-wont-start/
Relevancy 57.62%

I see it can be done from an installed to an external, but can it be done in reverse, taking the external cased hard drive and cloning it to an internal? The old hard drive is from an xp laptop, and I can aquire another xp laptop if I can clone this way. Perhaps if I set the enclosure hard drive as master? All ideas are greatly appreciated. Many thanks

A:Clone a laptop hard drive from an external case to an internal hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clone-a-laptop-hard-drive-from-an-external-case-to-an-internal-hard-drive.1037757/
Relevancy 56.76%

I saw someone said to use Combofix here is the log do i need to do anything else Thank you for all the help ComboFix - keep ... no running running drive jobs hard - - Daddieo and Mommy - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional hard drive keep running ... no jobs running GMT - Running from C aaaa ComboFix exe Created a new restore point WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Other Deletions C check LSA txt C Documents and Settings Angelica Application Data FunWebProducts C Documents and Settings Daddieo and Mommy g mdlhlpx exe C Program Files FunWebProducts C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache AvatarSmallBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache CursorManiaBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache FunBuddyIconBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache MailStampBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache MyFunCardsIMBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache MyStationeryBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache SmileyCentralBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache WebfettiBtn html C Program Files internet explorer msimg dll C Program Files MyWebSearch C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F BKGERR JPG C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F BROVLY DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F CJPEG DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F DTACTL DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F HISTSW DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F HTMLMU DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F HTTPCT DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F IMSTUB DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F POPSWT DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F PSSAVR SCR C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F REPROX DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F RESTUB DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SCHMON EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SCRCTR DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SHLLVW DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SPACER WMV C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F WALLPP DAT C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F WPHOOK DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M FFXTBR JAR C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M FFXTBR MANIFEST C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M HTML DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M IDLE DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M IMPIPE EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M MSG DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M NTSTBR JAR C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M NTSTBR MANIFEST C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M OUTLCN DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M PLUGIN DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SKIN DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SKPLAY EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SLSRCH EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SRCHMN EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEPLG DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOESTB DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin NPMYWEBS DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Avatar COMMON F S C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache D C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache B B D F C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache AEDD bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache B bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache DF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FA A C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FA bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FAA E bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FAD A bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FAEF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FC C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BAA bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BBFB bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BDFF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache C B bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache E A F bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache E A bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BA F D C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache files ini C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Game CHECKERS F ... Read more

A:hard drive keep running ... no jobs running

hello ,

does the drive keep running if you have the internet disconneted from the pc ?

also follow these steps

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to sliptream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & /)

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

then get back to us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-keep-running-no-jobs-running-221383.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I saw someone said to use Combofix here is the log do running hard running ... drive keep jobs no i need to do anything else Thank you for all the help ComboFix - - - Daddieo and Mommy - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from C aaaa ComboFix exe Created a new restore point hard drive keep running ... no jobs running WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Other Deletions C check LSA txt C Documents and Settings Angelica Application Data FunWebProducts C Documents and Settings Daddieo and Mommy g mdlhlpx exe C Program Files FunWebProducts C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache AvatarSmallBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache CursorManiaBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache FunBuddyIconBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache MailStampBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache MyFunCardsIMBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache MyStationeryBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache SmileyCentralBtn html C Program Files FunWebProducts Shared Cache WebfettiBtn html C Program Files internet explorer msimg dll C Program Files MyWebSearch C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F BKGERR JPG C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F BROVLY DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F CJPEG DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F DTACTL DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F HISTSW DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F HTMLMU DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F HTTPCT DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F IMSTUB DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F POPSWT DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F PSSAVR SCR C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F REPROX DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F RESTUB DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SCHMON EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SCRCTR DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SHLLVW DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F SPACER WMV C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F WALLPP DAT C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin F WPHOOK DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M FFXTBR JAR C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M FFXTBR MANIFEST C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M HTML DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M IDLE DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M IMPIPE EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M MSG DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M NTSTBR JAR C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M NTSTBR MANIFEST C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M OUTLCN DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M PLUGIN DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SKIN DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SKPLAY EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SLSRCH EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin M SRCHMN EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXE C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEPLG DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOESTB DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin NPMYWEBS DLL C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Avatar COMMON F S C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache D C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache B B D F C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache AEDD bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache B bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache DF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FA A C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FA bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FAA E bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FAD A bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FAEF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache FC C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BAA bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BBFB bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BDFF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BF bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache C B bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache E A F bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache E A bin C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache BA F D C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Cache files ini C Program Files MyWebSearch bar Game CHECKERS F ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hard-drive-keep-running-no-jobs-running-221372.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Vista on my newly built computer, and it's been a month, my hard drive still runs everytime i turn on my computer until i turn it off non stop even thought there is no programming running. Can anybody tell me why it is doing such thing? i am afraid that i might have a broken hard drive. can anybody give me some advise on it? Thank you very much.

Relevancy 55.9%

Is it possible to have pre-installed vista on your internal drive then buy a new external drive, install XP on it and then boot that drive to use XP?

A:Running Xp on an external hard drive with Vista installed on internal drive.

Yes this is possible as long as your BIOS supports booting from USB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-xp-on-an-external-hard-drive-with-vista-installed-on-internal-drive.934768/
Relevancy 55.04%

My primary HDD was failing so I backed it up and replaced it with a larger 1TB drive.  After reinstalling everything the new drive is displaying the same size as my old drive and the extra space available is unallocated.  I can allocate it as
a separate drive but I find that annoying and would prefer to just have my primary C: drive show up with all of the available space.  I formatted the extra space and made it available separately as drive G hoping that I could EXPAND drive C but that option
is not highlighted as selectable on drive C for some reason.  Should I just live with this extra space or is there a way to easily combine C and the new G space?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d2dcad7-8be2-43d0-ab11-051f2d407984/replace-with-larger-primary-hard-drive-in-laptop-now-showing-old-drive-size-windows-7-650gb-to?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a micron comp with WinxP and 2 hard drives , and thru the years I have put a lot of programs in my D drive. After the nightmare, SP2 problems and I finally got it to work. My C drive show only less than 1 G, the hard drive is 12 G. My other D 30 G's and it has 22 G's left. So, I have tried to uninstalll programs on my C drive and it keeps coming up with an error message, cant unistall b/c missing a file.

What can I do to empty my C drive and transfer my programs to the D drive?
TI

A:Running out of space in my C drive and I have another physical Hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-out-of-space-in-my-c-drive-and-i-have-another-physical-hard-drive.285951/
Relevancy 54.18%

My hard drive on my laptop has recently started lighting up fairly "sticks" occasionally drive Hard light frequently The light will come on and not blink at all Just a steady light And when it does my system just comes to a complete standstill I can t even check the process manager during this time to check if I can see what is causing it This lasts for usually anywhere from - seconds Then everything will go back to normal But it will usually happen again within minutes I ve tried refragging the drive both normally and in safe mode That didn t work I ve run multiple antivirus and antispyware programs Nothing found I tried increasing my virtual memory to GB Hard drive light "sticks" occasionally minimum GB maximum Still didn t help I am running a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP Pro GB of memory and a MB NVidia card I don t seem to have any other problems other than this I ve had the laptop for over years and this is the first problem I ve ever had The hard drive is not making any noise at all The light just comes on and locks up the system enough to Hard drive light "sticks" occasionally affect productivity The only software that I recall installing recently was the latest version of DirectX for a video game I really don t recall if I did it before or after this started happening I don t think that is it but it s the only thing I remember installing recently so thought I would mention it Any ideas Is the hard drive dying Or is there something else I can check Thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive light "sticks" occasionally

Hello, redbird, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, go to My Computer and right click on your hard drive, open the Tools tab and run the Error Checking utility. This will do a scan of your hard drive and let you know if you have any bad sectors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-sticks-occasionally.93772/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have an infection that none of my AVS malware or adware programs can find This problem causes my computer to overheat in about mins It seems that my hard drive is constantly running Enclosed are my Hijackthis logs Any help would be appreaciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe running Hard hard drive C WINDOWS Hard drive running hard system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Billionton Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Prevx Home PXAgent exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files IEEE b WLAN Utility USB EnDisEU exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files BinarySense HDDlife HDDlife exe I HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotsheet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Protection Bar - D C- - A- A-A CDFEE A B - C Program Files Video ActiveX Access iesbpl dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM RunServices McAfee Online Virus Scanner avp exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User Default user O - Startup HDDlife lnk C Program Files BinarySense HDDlife HDDlife exe O - Global Startup EnDisEU lnk C Program Files IEEE b WLAN Utility USB EnDisEU exe O - Global Startup Utility Tray lnk C WINDOWS system sistray exe O - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files Billionton Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - Protocol schmap-help - CF A - EA - B - C- A F - C Program Files Schmap Schmap Player SchmapDocLib dll O - SharedTaskScheduler IE Component Categories cache daemon - A - - e e-B C - C C EF - C WINDOWS system ieframe dll O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - Unknown owner - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe file missing O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - Unknown owner - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe file missing O - Service Bluetooth Service btwdins - WIDCOMM Inc - C Program Files Billionton Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files C... Read more

A:Hard drive running hard

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.

A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning: running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.
==============================
Download Superantispyware (SAS) free home version

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please paste that information here for me regardless of what it finds with a new HijackThis log.

This will take some time!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-running-hard.641337/
Relevancy 53.32%

The hard drive on my laptop has begun running constantly Sometimes it cranks up and sometimes it runs slower but it is always spinning Any ideas Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files IObit IObit SmartDefrag IObit SmartDefrag exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files running drive Hard always AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Hard drive always running http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Append Link Target to Existing PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Append to Existing PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert Link Target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Conv... Read more

A:Hard drive always running

Bump. If anyone could help I would appreciate it so much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-always-running.945707/
Relevancy 53.32%

Help could someone look at the included log Drive Hard Running for me On many occasions the hard drive just continually runs Thank You Logfile of Hard Drive Running Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Hard Drive Running WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Hard Drive Running system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Twain Samsung CLX Scan pc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www intermute com hp update D D D R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Google... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-running.986871/
Relevancy 53.32%

my hard drive keeps on running when I am not using my computer Do I a virus Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft hard drive running Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program hard drive running Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm hard drive running zlclient exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Thomas Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cox net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided by Cox High Speed Internet O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run MimBoot C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstall O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon e... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi hope your able to tell me what is causing my hard drive to run so much My network to Drive Hard way often. to be running seems connection orange light also appear to be rapidly flashing more or less constantly I am almost ready to restore the system but would like to know Hard Drive seems to be running way to often. what is causing the above problems so that I can make sure I don t let it happen Hard Drive seems to be running way to often. again Any help greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway traybar exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation hqtray exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway CEC MAIN exe C Users Steve Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m p- u amp c BB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m p- u amp c BB R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m p- u amp c BB R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO IE Pro BHO - -E - DF-A - FCD B BF - C Program Files x IEPro iepro dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Users Steve AppData Local Temp FlashGet Portable jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Camera Assistant Software quot C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway traybar exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run vmware-tray quot C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe quot O - HKLM Run VMware hqtray quot C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation hqtray exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Ru... Read more

A:Hard Drive seems to be running way to often.

I know your busy, just giving it a bump and to let you know I'm still interested in a solution, thanks again for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-seems-to-be-running-way-to-often.845821/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I recently have been monitering the temperature of my Hard drive in my Dell 4700 with SpeedFan, and it seems to be running really hot. It is usually up to around 70-71 degrees Celsius when I have my PC on for a while.

I have a Maxtor 80GB hard drive. I also just cleaned out the dust from the inside of my PC, so I don't think that could be causing the problem. It has been running this hot for quite a while now. I believe all the fans are in working condition also.

What is the normal operating temp of a hard drive? Is there anything I can do to cool it down?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone Greetings from Ho Chi Minh City My hard drive seems to run forever on startup and Running Drive Always Hard even on the simplest tasks slowing everything right down I ve tried defragmenting the Hard Drive Always Running HD run regular virus checks Mcafee as well as spycatcher Here is the HJT Log Very grateful if someone can offer me some advice on how to solve it Thanks very much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM GEARSEC EXE C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files IBM Security uvmserv exe C WINDOWS System ibmsmbus exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBottedTray exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBotted exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Webroot Washer WasherSvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries helpctr exe C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries helpctr exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run TPKMAPHELPER quot C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities TpKmapAp exe quot -helper O - HKLM Run TpShocks quot TpShocks exe quot O - HKLM Run TP EX quot tp ex exe quot O - HKLM Run EZ... Read more

A:Hard Drive Always Running

Howdy,

Try the PC in Safemode and see if it acts the same...this is a laptop correct, how much memory does it have?
How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..
Do you mean Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-always-running.903375/
Relevancy 53.32%

Even if I'm not doing anything my hard drive running is always Hard Drive is read writing something all the time There are two distinct behaviors When Norton is doing a quot background check quot the drive is running like crazy The computer is jammed and almost unusable Browsers take minutes to load Other programs are unusable When there is NO background Hard Drive is always running check the drive read writes about once a second It is never idle and never times out to spin down I would like the drives to stop spinning but it can't because it's always doing something I've run every scan and tune up - Norton's and checkdsk It's just not working I'm worried that I've got a botnet or a virus My system AMD Athlon x dual watercooled GB RAMWindows XP Professional fresh install - No pirated software Seagate GB system drive ST WD WD SATA- driveX XTX ATI Graphics card watercooled If anyone could look at my hijack this logfile I'd appreciate it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RunDLL exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS System msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO B... Read more

A:Hard Drive is always running

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247789/hard-drive-is-always-running/
Relevancy 53.32%

When I am just sitting in front of the computer with nothing on the hard drive is alway making Running Seems Keep Drive Hard On To noises I'm not sure if I'm infected but I would just like to know why my hard drive always seem to be making noises Heres my Hijack This log Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP Hard Drive Seems To Keep On Running WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE Hard Drive Seems To Keep On Running avgupsvc exeC Program Files Mitchell Home Medical MHM VPN Client cvpnd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC WINDOWS Logi MwX ExeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService Hard Drive Seems To Keep On Running exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXEC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeO - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeO - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection WkDetect exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - Global... Read more

A:Hard Drive Seems To Keep On Running

Well, now it doesn't seem to be running that much but still can you just please check to make sure my Hijack This log is clean thanks. :D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82047/hard-drive-seems-to-keep-on-running/