Windows Support Forum

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

Q: Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 104.49%

Anyone knows where I can purchase a  battery replacemnet for Lenovo Y40-80 Model:80FA0018US Battery :4-cell (48 Wh) Power Adapter 90WI tried looking on lenovos website based on lenovo's reps suggestions on this fourm. I only found batteries for Y40-70 and not Y40-80 ? is there  a difference when it comes to batteries for these two laptops? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Battery-replacemnet-for-Lenovo-Y40-80-model-80FA0018US/td-p/3461022
Relevancy 100.19%

Thanks for reading this ??battery battery Laptop calibration?? issue i have never posted anything in my life but i am stumped and need some help I got a dell inspiron and one day i was running it while it was Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? pluged in and i unpluged it and the laptop just quot Bloop quot shut off i tried turning it back on but nothing just as if i had no battery in it at all when i pluged it back in it fired up like normal i checked Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? the battery meter and it said full then charged up to full but still it wont run off the battery as soon as i unplug it it shuts right off Someone told me to run the battery calibration but my bios doesnt have an option for it at least i cant find it i know it has it somewere because when i first bought this laptop the screen was broke and when i bought a new one for it and booted it up it said i had to run the battery calibration befor it could start quot not sure why quot but i did watched it drain and charge so i know it's in here somewere do you think this would even help Also i think i updated the bios so it might have had an older bios witch might have had the battery calibration and the new one i put on doesnt It has verison A now i tried quot downgrading quot to A and A but it doesnt let me Says i have a newer verison and cannot install an older verison Stinks this problem kinda takes the quot Mobil quot feature out of a laptop Any help would be Awesome

A:Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration??

i'm afraid the battery calibration program is only used to initialize new Li-Ion batteries which need to be prepped with an initial charge-discharge cycle.

It sounds to me like you have a battery composed of 32 (probably AA sized) cells.
One of those cells has died and hence you see only 97% charge. Unfortunately losing a single cell prevents current from entering or leaving the battery so your battery will not discharge correctly therefore shutoff without discharge.

I think you need a new battery. Although it may be possible to replace the single bad cell, other cells may be degraded also - if one cell failed, why not others? unit could have been exposed to heat etc.

Although I was an engineer for Gould, I am not a battery expert!

good luck!
Simon

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/109826-laptop-battery-issue-battery-calibration.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi. I was wondering if the default Energy Management battery setting of 50% can be changed on the Lenovo V570. I keep the laptop plugged in almost all of the time, and the popup suggests using the setting that keeps the battery at 50% all the time. That's fine in terms of not over stressing the battery, but if I need to unplug the laptop, I'd rather have a fuller charge than only 50%. I'd read that ThinkPads can be set to 90% or other settings. Is that possible with the V570?

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Battery setting on V570?

ThinkPad Power Manager has more settings in it than Energy Management.  The older versions of Energy Management were set to 80% for battery lifetime.  

About the only thing I know to do would be to change the setting to battery runtime and charge the battery to 80 or 90% and then change the setting back to battery lifetime.  Your battery should only degrade naturally about 1% a day.  Not very elegant, but it works.  

I experimented with various versions of Energy Management in a U160 and they all worked okay except for the newest one.  (It said I had an illegal battery).  

Keep in mind that the Hotkeys utility is incorporated into Energy Management, so changing the version might mess up the hotkeys.  If you do change the version, you have to make sure to uninstall the old version first or you'll end up with two Energy Management icons in the taskbar and neither one will work.  (I did that too.)

Dave

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Battery-setting-on-V570/td-p/695959
Relevancy 94.17%

I recently purchased an x and everything is perfect but the battery fit nbsp It moves up and down slightly nbsp I know there are many posts in the lenovo forums for all different models that the battery fits lose in x model and solutions of putting paper foam tape to make the battery fit tighter nbsp and Loose Battery / ... Battery LENOVO wiggle x230 in nbsp What I'm wondering is if anyone has actually had the problem fixed by lenovo nbsp I've read a Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ... few posts where a Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ... user has had the base piece of the case replaced where the battery fit's into and that has solved the problem nbsp I'm still within my return period on my x and am awaiting a call back from tech support to see if there is anything they will do but I don't think I will keep it if they can't fix it nbsp nbsp I'm just curious has anyone actually had luck by replacing the base piece nbsp From what i've read a replacement battery hasn't worked for anyone nbsp Also I know everyone says its by design for thermal purposes but I haven't actually seen any official confirmation of this from lenovo nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ...

As a follow up, I'm just curious if this is a widespread issue?  Anyone have loose battery in their x230 / x220?  I'm not talking about it falling out...but just a few millimeters of wiggle room.  Basically when i pick mine up or place it down, I can feel / hear the battery move.  I'm just trying to get an idea if this is a real problem or thats just how every thinkpad is.  I called support and they are sending someone to replace the base panel and we'll see if that fixes it.  I'll update this post when it get's replaced.   Edit* I also asked the lenovo support rep if they had heard of this issue and they said no, never.  I don't see how this is possible as if you do a google search for thinkpad loose battery there are many results.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Battery-Loose-Battery-wiggle-in-x230-and-LENOVO-solutions/td-p/948935
Relevancy 93.74%

I just bought the Lenovo N21 Chromebook.  Really like it a lot but my issue is that i cannot get the battery to show a 100 percent full charge. It only reaches 92 percent and light goes green and will not go further no matter if i leave it plugged in. I seem to be getting good hours on a charge but worry that unit is defective. Any help...Thx

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/Lenovo-N21-Battery-issue/td-p/3377107
Relevancy 92.88%

I was actually monitoring my laptop's battery on how long will it last before it goes down. As I monitor, I am worrying why my battery drains so fast. Kindly check the attached screenshot. I can only use my laptop for 2 hours or less. I don't play games while on battery. I only do internet surfing, watching videos, facebook, and other light tasks. My monitor is in average brightness. I already disabled unimportant programs in task manager and in local services. What was my laptop's problem? Thank you!

wel.jpg ?30 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z51-70-Weak-Battery-Issue/td-p/3420937
Relevancy 92.88%

HelloI have a Lenovo G580 laptop with windows 7.I used it for about 2 years and 1 month ago my laptop diesthe laptop does not work and does not have any sign of electric. it does not work with the AC adaptor or with the battery, so the issue was in the motherboard, i bought a new motherboard and replaced the old one with the new (used), then the laptop back to  life againbut the problem is the laptop does not function with the battery, when I plugging the AC adaptor the charging lamp Lighting up and when I run the windows the battery indicator show (92% in charge) for hours and when i unplug the ac adaptor computer shuts down instantly.Please advise .Thank you !

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-battery-issue/td-p/3477427
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello, In august I bought new Lenovo B50-80 notebook. One month ago, I was checking HWmonitor and I saw that the battery wear level is 11%. PowerShell battery test in Windows 10 says the same ? at one of a charge battery wear. Which I think 11% is to much. I use my notebook as a secondary PC. In two months of usage, I charged max 15 times (and before always depleted to 15%).I tried RMA the battery, but I did not have any success. They say that the battery is OK, if notebook does not automatically shut down.I would like to know if this is normal wear for battery and the answer from RMA guys.If it is not, how can I contact directly Lenovo?Please advise.Best regards.B.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Battery-drop-in-2-months-old-battery-Lenovo-B50-80/td-p/3455985
Relevancy 92.45%

Hopefully battery port, Lenovo Y50 Or Battery itself proble... I get a solution to this question but my Lenovo Lenovo Y50 Battery port, Or battery itself proble... Y has not been charging even after I thought it was my laptop charger was broken I bought a new one of the same exact type and It still didn't work and did the exact same thing as it did with my old charger i had this laptop for a year nbsp What did Lenovo Y50 Battery port, Or battery itself proble... the laptop exactly do nbsp Well my laptop when I plugged it in it didn't work unless I set it up in a certain way to where I wiggled the charger tip around untill it finally said It was charging and I had to hold it into that position like a statue or else it would unplug if it moved an inch That's not even the worst part My chargers also heat at the tip By heat I mean it literally gets so hot I burn myself on touching the plastic part Lenovo Y50 Battery port, Or battery itself proble... and the metal part was very hot when this happened on my new charger I made sure to unplug it right away to avoid doing any damage to it nbsp Solutions I have already tried Went into my control panel - gt device manager - gt Uninstalled both of the battery things like the ac adapter and the other thing I don't remember what it was called - gt reinstalled - gt Worked for a bit but not gauranteed and after a while it didn't work nbsp Can't do a battery gauge reset because charger always unplugs nbsp Already tried BIOS does nothing nbsp Don't even tell me to restart my laptop lol nbsp Summary Y won't charge Have to have charger at certain angle to chargeTip over heatsdid everything in device manager to fix itno driver updates nbsp So what's the problem the battery of the laptop itself The laptop battery port or somehow still the laptop AC adapter somehow nbsp If you need more information on the problem I will surley answer if you specify and btw lenovo support by calling won't even answer and keeps telling me to refer to the contact us page nbsp To LENOVO PLEASE FIX YOUR LAPTOP BATTERY ISSUES ALL I SEE ON THE FORUMS IS BATTERY BATTERY AND MORE BATTERIES THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED nbsp

A:Lenovo Y50 Battery port, Or battery itself proble...

Hi Seal,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Kindly perform Power Drain and set BIOS default:
Try turning off and removing the battery first. With adapter charger unplug, press Power button for 15seconds to drain power inside.  Plug in adapter charger and press Novo button instead of the power key to turn it on for the Novo Menu  Choose BIOS setting  On Exit tab , load optimal default then Y then place battery back before save changes and exit.
Check if charging.

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that Kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-Battery-port-Or-battery-itself-problem-Not-Charging/td-p/3308576
Relevancy 92.45%

After doing a Lenovo update for battery firmware, now my battery will not charge. I have to be plugged into direct current at all times.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-Battery-Firmware-Update-now-Battery-does-not-charge/td-p/3482596
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello thre! Yesterday I turned my laptop on and it did not, I plugged the power on and  battery orange light started to flash! when I logged into the windows  it notifie my that my laptop battery is damagd and it need to be replaced. checked battery health via CPUID and it showed that the weat level is ONLY 14%!  note* I tried to remove (unplog) the battery and delete all the battery drivers and it didn't work!should I consider buying a new  battery or theres a cercuit probleme in my laptop!Thanks ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-U530-touch-battery-issue/td-p/3448585
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello guys so I am here to address the same issue regarding about the battery problem occur on Lenovo z For those of you who are new to this problem or this is the first time where this issue occurs please check out the following guide--- gt https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series Lenovo-Z -Battery-Issues m-p M nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp For the rest of us who are facing the same issue for the nd time I have decided to write this post as I saw that there is many of us who have updated our battery firmware and we are still Lenovo battery UPDATING Z510 after the FIRM... issue, facing the same issue plus Lenovo staff themselve have not update us on this issue yet From here onwards I am going to be addressing the issue based on my experience so I had updated my firmware on March of when this problem occurs After the update everything was working fine as usual until recently around this week or last week the same issue occurs again and again which is quite devastating for me as I usually use my laptop for presentation nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I hope that Lenovo support Lenovo Z510 battery issue, after UPDATING the FIRM... team will be able to fix Lenovo Z510 battery issue, after UPDATING the FIRM... this issue as soon as possible as I do use my laptop everyday sometimes in an environment that does not have plug Thank You nbsp LnvBFU v nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z510-battery-issue-after-UPDATING-the-FIRMWARE/td-p/3477879
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello, first post here.I am at lost with this somewhat few month old Lenovo Y40-80 laptop.Everything is working fine, but whenever I unplug it from the charger, the screen goes black. Like totally black...if you needlessly stare at the black screen for a few seconds you can see very very faint background (which is the desktop itself)...and when plugged back in, the brightness comes back alive again.Brightness controls are working well, drivers are updated. I even OneKey recovered my laptop to its initial state but to no avail. Still has the problem. The laptop is currently at factory state, still functional with that brightness being an issue on battery mode.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Peculiar-Battery-Mode-Brightness-issue-Lenovo-Y40-80/td-p/3399700
Relevancy 89.01%

Long story short - I spilt water over my laptop keyboard and uplugged both AC cable and battery to days later i plugged it in again placed the battery and it was charging battery won't charges G560 it on Lenovo laptop run but and running on it without any problem for hours Then i decided that it s just fine so I plugged the AC cable and I haven t used it on battery for - days Well today I unplugged the AC cable and my laptop turned off I downloaded a diagnostic tool called BatteryMon and it says Since I m unable to post images which is sad - please copy and paste it into your browser adress tab img imageshack us img jpg So can anyone please tell me what does it really mean I can see that it says it s charged which is Lenovo G560 battery charges but laptop won't run on it overcharging isn t it I m not really into electrics so please help me - how am I supposed to get my laptop battery working if it isn t dead nbsp

A:Lenovo G560 battery charges but laptop won't run on it

The battery contacts could be corroded by the spilled water. It takes time for this corrosion to develop so that's why the time that the laptop worked. The water could have affected other internal circuits too over time. The laptop needs to be opened up and inspected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-g560-battery-charges-but-laptop-wont-run-on-it.168576/
Relevancy 88.15%

TENGO UNA LAPTOP LENOVO Z40-70 14 " Core i5 4210 CPU , 1 TB de disco DURO Y MEMORIA RAM 6 GB DE - PLATEADO CON VENTANAS 10quisiera saber Cuanto deberia Durar La Baterķame dura lo maximo Una Hora y MediaSolamente en internet y en videos de youtube  I HAVE A LAPTOP LENOVO Z40-70 14 "Core i5 4210 CPU, 1TB hard disk and memory RAM 6GB - SILVER WITH WINDOWS 10
I wonder long should Battery
It takes me an hour and half maximum
Only on the internet and youtube videos

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Long-should-my-laptop-battery-Lenovo-cuanto-deberia-durar-la/td-p/3355988
Relevancy 88.15%

Over the last few weeks I seem to be getting the BSOD frequently Probably averaging at least once per day Almost always this occurs within minutes of battery E530, Lenovo BSOD on SSD laptop power. when Win 7, taking my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad E off AC power and using battery power Note that I m usually watching a video and maybe have a few tabs open when this happens so I m not doing memory-intensive things and I don t think the laptop is being overheated or something After the BSOD I can usually reboot quickly and then get back and running smoothly even if I just remain on battery power Though it has happened where I got the BSOD consecutively Here is the error report BSOD when laptop on battery power. Win 7, Lenovo E530, SSD I receive from Windows when I reboot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode fe BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFFA E A OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users ron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When this report comes up I click on quot Check for a solution quot but this doesn t seem to do anything The window just disappears I am running Windows -bit but the copy I have is not genuine meaning I have not validated my copy It has been this way since early but this BSOD issue has popped up only within the last month Any thoughts Let me know if you need more information or if I need to run some diagnostics Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD when laptop on battery power. Win 7, Lenovo E530, SSD

As per forum rules we DO NOT assist with pirated operating systems.

Requesting Mod to close thread...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-laptop-on-battery-power-win-7-lenovo-e530-ssd.1162008/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 86.86%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 86.86%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 86.86%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 86.43%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsUsyxzk1M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-need-help-testing-a-battery-or-a-port-of-battery-of-a-laptop-dell.1131320/
Relevancy 86.43%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 86.43%

I am becoming more and more concerned about my laptop's battery each and every passing day. When I check the bottom right of my computer screen to check if my computer battery is completely charged, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". I have had to buy two new batteries because of the same thing and they also read "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". When I unplug my laptop from the power source, it turns off automatically. I cannot even bother calling Dell to check this issue for me because I bought this computer off the street for $35.

My question in general is how do I get this problem fixed and how do I keep an eye on how my laptop computer charges correctly (or not)???

A:General Question about laptop battery charging AND 0% battery

Some reading and testing for you

Why is my Laptop battery not charging? – Drivers.com updates

Laptop Battery Not Charging | PCWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDvp2A7Fss

The common method is:
- Create a System restore point
- Uninstall (Under the Batteries category in Device Manager) the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.
- WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- click Scan for hardware changes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371230-general-question-about-laptop-battery-charging-0-battery.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a strange issue. I have a Lenovo T60 laptop and I am experiencing problems with the power management/power guage.

It will often show the battery not installed (power gauge is a greyish-white color with dashed lines) or it shows a red X. It does not matter if I am on AC power or on Battery power, it will show the full range of power, battery level, not installed, or an error.

I have searched Lenovo's site and I seem to remember seeing an FAQ about this, but now that I need it, I cannot find it.

What can I check or do to stop this? While it is annoying, I am not sure if I am having a battery problem or not. I did check my battery on Lenovo's site to see if it was recalled and it is not.

I do appreciate any help that any one can give me.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-t60-power-guage-shows-battery-not-installed-while-on-battery-power.690786/
Relevancy 85.57%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,
my friend has a laptop (HP G62 ) and the battery is not charging when we tried the battery on another laptop it charged perfectly
so we tried to change the charger and it wasn't the problem I'm not sure if this is a software or a hardware issue
just thought about trying some solutions before taking it to someone to fix it.

A:laptop battery issue

Charging is controlled by the power circuitry of the laptop.

If it's under warranty, have it serviced/replaced. Otherwise, it's likely more cost efficient to simply replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-issue.1077181/
Relevancy 84.71%

I bought a new battery for my Acer Aspire AOA150, this is a new battery. It says it's 100% charged but once I unplug charger, it shuts off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-issue.1106012/
Relevancy 84.71%

I replaced my laptop keyboard with a new one and now my laptop will not power on unless it is plugged into the wall. The battery says %100 but the second it is unplugged it dies. It is a gate way laptop if that helps. It is not old and are these things related

A:Laptop battery issue

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Did you replace the battery with another manufacturer approved battery or did you get a third party one from another supplier?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-issue.1160600/
Relevancy 84.71%

I receive the Error message "Windows could not load the installer for Battery. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance." upon startup. I am wondering how to prevent this from coming up. Also I cannot see how much battery power is remaining in my laptop. I installed Dell Quickset, and still no cigar.

Error always comes up. No battery drivers? I checked device managers

System is an Inspiron 8600 Dell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-issue.600209/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a HP TM2T-2100 with windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. A few days ago, I noticed the battery was very low every time I unplugged it from the AC Adapter. Upon checking the battery settings in Windows I noticed that the batter charge level does not increase when plugged in.

Battery status while plugged in is "Plugged In, Charging" but there's no change in battery level. I have a second HP laptop and have tried all combinations of AC adapter + Battery on the other laptop and they all work fine and it actually charges. This is how I keep mine charged for now. There are no errors when testing the battery using HP provided tools.

I've tried removing the ACPI-Compliant Control Battery Method and it does not resolve the issue even temporarily.

Relevancy 84.71%

i bought a new Dell precision m60, but it's battery is empty. i mean, when i turn it on, the power and charge lights are on, but when bios loads about 80% ,laptop turns off...and i don't find a way how to leave it to charge.
BTW- leaving it turned off with the cable in don't work.

A:New laptop battery issue

Return under warranty: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-battery-issue.123021/
Relevancy 83.85%

Yesterday my laptop Acer Aspire was on but I had the lid closed I laid it aside and somehow the ac adapter was disconnected at the converter box and the battery ran out When I turned on my laptop today it was a really slow startup normally it only takes minute the arrow pointer was frozen and the battery plug icon had a red X on it with the battery showing empty I restarted the computer and was able to hover over the icon before it froze up It said battery was plugged in but not charging icon Battery/Battery issue I checked the battery it was secure I tried taking off the battery and putting it back on It was then showing a green battery amp plug and charged But whenever I hover over the battery icon the red X and empty battery icon comes back but it'll still say fully charged The computer will function properly until I turn it off and restart Then I have to do the same process of taking off battery amp putting back on before the pointer arrow will unfreeze and I'm able to use the laptop Any ideas what is going on Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320439/batterybattery-icon-issue/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, on my laptop the control key is ALWAYS pressed. I can't fix it no matter what. I tried prying off the key with a screwdriver & making sure nothing was jammed in there, there's nothing wrong with the key itself, it looks great on the inside.

Now here's the kicker:

The CTRL key is ALWAYS on, however, if I open the on screen keyboard program, it fixes the problem. Which makes me think it's a windows issue rather than an actual physical keyboard issue.

I'm at the point now where I'm just going to re install windows if I can't fix it

if that doesn't work I'll take it to a repair shop (So expensive..yikes)

So, any suggestions guys?

Any help is extremely appreciated.

P.S - It does this EVEN if an external keyboard is connected.

A:Lenovo v570 laptop - CTRL key always stuck down

The on-screen keyboard would be expected to perform correctly because it's a virtual keyboard in Windows and not mechanical. Despite your hesitation I can't imaging this being a Windows issue. However the problem replicating on an external keyboard is vexing. Is it USB or PS3?

When did you first notice this? How does it manifest itself? A Cntrl command is executed when you type a letter?

Stick around as someone will likely recognize the issue or have an idea that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337166-lenovo-v570-laptop-ctrl-key-always-stuck-down.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have the strangest issue going on with my laptop To begin wit it is a Dell Latitude D that we bought used but in perfect working order About a year after we bought it I was using it and it just stopped working it turned out that the adapter was dead Now at the time Battery Laptop Issue Strange I figured that the adapter had probably broken some time before and had not been charging the battery for a while but we just didn t notice and the computer dying was just the charge leaving I do recall getting a low battery Strange Laptop Battery Issue message at the time and plugging in the adapter and it not helping So we bought a new adapter and everything seemed to be okay but maybe not the adapter isn t the tightest of fits and so sometimes it falls out when that happens the computer dies I never really thought about that but that should not be occurring so I decided to look into it The Strange Laptop Battery Issue battery appears to be fine The little test thing on the battery itself shows all lights when I push the button The little icon in the tray shows a charge Quickset shows the same and days that the battery is working properly However something is obviously not right because it turns off when the cord comes unplugged and will not turn on unless plugged in The setting is correctly set to work off battery so I m guessing there is something wrong with the computer itself perhaps seriously wrong Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-laptop-battery-issue.1089406/
Relevancy 83.42%

I own a Toshiba Satellite P running Windows XP SP I m in a funny situation regarding my battery battery charging that I ve never heard about I recently purchased a new battery because my old one wasn t holding a charge The battery WILL charge but only when the laptop is powered off or in standby When the power cord is inserted the instant I power on the charge light turns off I ve checked the power while in Windows and it reads quot AC power discharging quot instead of quot charging quot On very rare occasions the charge light on the laptop will remain on for a while after I turned off the computer but will eventually go out I ve tried playing with the amount of plug I insert into the laptop but it makes no difference I m suspecting it s a hardware problem with the actual port inside the laptop like maybe it s loose But that doesn t explain IMO why it only charges when the power is off Or is it likely to be the power cord itself I d love to hear what you pros think Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, I have purchased a new HP Notebook recently. When i am shutting down laptop with full charge and after 2 days i am trying to open the laptop. Complete battery is getting drained. I have another laptop from Dell  i am not facing the same issue. If this is the case in case of emergency it will be difficult to use the laptop on travel . Is it the problem with OS or battery can some one clarify?? Regards.Kishore 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Issue-with-the-laptop-Battery-Getting-drained-when-the/td-p/5812163
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a laptop from Asus model number x55c-wh31, that has a serious problem, i don't know exactly how it started but recently, the laptop's battery indicator on windows is not reading accurately, now what i mean is, right now its showing the battery as 99 percent, but if i unplug it and use the laptop on battery power, it would still continue showing it on 99 percent, and after about 10-20 minutes it would just shut off and then i would have to use the adapter it came with to power it back up, i can't tell if its the battery on its way out or if windows indicator is malfunctioning, so any help or advice would be appreciated.

A:x55c laptop battery issue

The way to calibrate the battery indicator is with two or three full charge - full discharge cycles, and you may as well try that. But, it sounds like your problem is the battery itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/x55c-laptop-battery-issue.1128839/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a probook 4540s. I recently bought an aftermarket battery as my OEM battery was completely dead. But the problem with it is that, the battery only charges when the laptop is off. But while connected to outlet and on the battery does not take any charge. The laptop starts with only adapter or battery just fine. I checked by reducing processing power to see whether the battery takes any charge but nothing happens. It neither charges nor discharge. I used batteryBar software to see charging rate. Its flat zero all the time when the laptop is on. What can I do to overcome this issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-charging-issue/td-p/5753748
Relevancy 83.42%

This one has had me confused for some time I am nearly certain at this point that it is the motherboard that will need to be replaced but I wanted to see if there was anybody here that has dealt with this issue that may offer a little insight on the situation Specs HP Pavillion DV - dx GB RAM GB HDD GHz Intel Core Duo Processor Windows x I started having several issues with this machine on boot so I upgraded the BIOS OS and RAM This resolved most of the issues but now we come to the part of the story that has me stumped The machine is having an unusual charging issue If I were to remove AC power from the unit while the battery is plugged in I will not be able to charge the battery again until I completely power the unit off remove the battery plug the AC adapter in and replace the battery The exception to this rule is if I power the unit completely off or hibernate it and remove the AC I will be able to plug it back in anytime before I power that unit back on and it will function normally I have since replaced both the AC adapter and the battery but the issue persists I have checked all of the advanced power options in the control panel I have not altered the registry in any way as of yet because I believe this is a hardware issue If anybody has any insight into this issue let me know I would very much like to know at least what is causing it to justify buying a new mobo or any more parts for the machine Thanks Don nbsp

A:Laptop Battery charging issue

The power settings have no effect if Windows is not running.

Has the battery been calibrated so that it reads the correct percentage and the circuitry knows when to start charging?

How do you know when it is "working" or not?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-charging-issue.1055242/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey all I have a Dell Latitude D it s been working fine all day until now My buddy and I just got a battery warning while playing online poker so we plugged the computer in but it didnt seem like anything happened - the red light on the laptop remained and the battery icon in the bottom didn t change to a plug for the AC adapter but kept the batter icon At present the laptop is plugged in I m using it to type this but the red light is still on My power meter says I m at and I get the startup warnings on power-up and launching Windows that the battery is low Laptop Solved: battery issue but everthing appears to be working fine Any ideas on diagnosing this Is the battery just shot or could it be something else I have tried two separate power cords which have both worked in the recent past with the same result Any ideas comments or suggestions are appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

SO I just got a new hard drive for my lenovo v570 laptop, I was able to find and install the wireless driver fine, but whenever I install the intel graphics driver, it causes a bluescreen on startup. (If I posted in the wrong place, let me know) 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Graphics-driver-for-Lenovo-V570-Laptop-causes-bluescreen-on/td-p/3321080
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi there I have an Laptop Battery/Charging Issue Solved: Asus laptop running Windows that is about years old Recently it stopped charging and would just die Tried a bunch of things using a different charger using a different battery from the exact same brand series of laptop etc to no avail I took it to a guy to fix and it turned out to be the motherboard Solved: Laptop Battery/Charging Issue - which had to be replaced ouch Anyway while this did fix the initial problem it unfortunately caused another My laptop thinks it is constantly plugged in and charging even though it is running on battery and losing Solved: Laptop Battery/Charging Issue charge Because of this issue I no longer get the notifications that my battery is low and it has caught me out I spoke to the guy who fixed my laptop to begin with and he Solved: Laptop Battery/Charging Issue has no idea why it is doing this and also informed me that it s not great for the laptop either which I was worried about I have played around with the battery options notifications in settings but this does not help at all I use my laptop a lot for full screen things gaming movies etc so I m unable to keep an eye on the battery level I d rather avoid having to pay out again so does anyone know of perhaps a software program that I can download that would create a pop up on the screen when the battery reaches low levels The Windows one was great for that as it would pop up over whatever you had playing in full screen I ve searched google and forums and I m running out of ideas I ve checked some of the threads here but no one else seems to have this issue Surely it s happened to someone before Any help is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,
I have ASUS R510 laptop and since the new windows 10 I have an issue with my laptop battery, It actually says its plugged in and charging but it isn't. I must mention that in my last windows 8.1 I didn't have any issue at all.

Thanks for the helpers.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all,
Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue back in 2010 with my old device. I've had my current laptop for about 2 and a half years. I ran a battery report which came up with the following information:
Cycle count: 489Design capacity: 48840Last full charge: 38373
So its obvious my battery isn't at full capacity as expected. However, could this be the cause of it randomly losing power? I'm thinking more of a calibration issue. Any ideas on how to calibrate?

Many thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46757-laptop-died-suddenly-battery-issue.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Upon startup I receive an error message:  Primary internal battery level very low.  My laptop will not operate unless the power cord is always plugged in.  The power cord also slips out very easily. Please assist me on how to rectify this issue.

A:HP Pavilion Laptop dv6-6b47dx battery issue

@Kimtastic26? Please remove the main battery. Then boot and see if the error goes away. Sounds like you need to replace your main battery. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Laptop-dv6-6b47dx-battery-issue/td-p/5805363
Relevancy 82.56%

These two batteries look identical, same model number, but:

http://www.brilliantstore.com/battery/laptop/uniwill_bl6301.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Li-Ion-Battery-...ryZ11169QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now, they both have the same model number, but... the voltage varies from 10.8 to 11.1. And the mAh varies from 4000 to 4400...

My current (broken) battery is 10.8 Vdc, 4000 mAh.

I've also seen this battery advertised as 10.8/11.1 Vdc. Is it safe to let the deviation stand? Are they still identical?

A:Battery model has different mAh and Vdc.

Its close enough its not going to matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-model-has-different-mah-and-vdc.56867/
Relevancy 81.7%

Having thoroughly read Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions Dump Files - laptop BSOD Lenovo on (Pics 0x00000050 now showing) V570 Configure Windows to Create BSOD 0x00000050 on Lenovo V570 laptop (Pics now showing) on BSOD and How to Run Disk Check in Windows I'm still having problems in my ability extract the info requested in the previously mentioned posts that might allow someone to more easily assist me First of all the machine is a Lenovo V running Windows Home Prem -bit on a Toshiba MK GSX GB BSOD 0x00000050 on Lenovo V570 laptop (Pics now showing) HDD with GB RAM It is a friend's laptop explaining the lack of precautionary backups or system images that could take this process in a different direction Before I explain what I have done and encountered let me say that I have been unsuccessful in extracting any dump files or running a Disk Check that successfully quot logs quot I realize that my chances for assistance will be significantly diminished because of this Hopefully someone reading this will see why or offer other suggestions based on the following documentation of what I have done and thus far encountered The BSOD screen goes by so fast that I had to take a video of it happening It only lasts for or frames on my camcorder Here is a frame of that Of course this sends me immediately to a Windows Error Recovery screen and launches into Startup Repair It is also unsuccessful It provides me however with the following problem details Startup Repair's diagnosis and repair details I'll spare you the other or so pics They also show error code quot x quot for numerous other tests All efforts to boot into Safe Mode via the F key and its Advanced Boot options are unsuccessful All Safe Mode boot attempts also lead to a BSOD that comes and goes in the blink of an eye I also used the F key advanced boot options to try a few things under quot Repair Your Computer quot in the quot System Recovery Options quot menu System Restore will not be a viable option here for me It only has the System Image Restore Points from well over a year ago when the laptop was purchased I know I know Data and file preservation makes this choice not an option As a side note and getting ahead of myself I used a Parted Magic CD to see that 'apparently' all the data and files are indeed still there and viable or rather at least seemingly salvageable While also in the System Recovery Options menu screen I ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic Multiple times it was ran No problems were ever detected by it I'll deal with the command prompts I attempted via the System recovery options momentarily I created a Lenovo Linux Diagnostics Bootable CD as per Lenovo Diagnostics - Bootable USB Create it on Windows OS - Desktops Notebooks Workstations It might be noteworthy that it doesn't specifically list my exact Lenovo laptop V as a supported system although it did work and apparently passed all tests as listed Now to the Command Prompts I tried from the System Recovery Options screen I tried to deal with Dump Files and Disk Check issues Let me preface this by saying I used Parted Magic to find out that the hard drive has either or partitions on it The Windows Recovery options screen and Parted Magic CD both showed me that the OS is apparently designated as quot E quot I ran a Disk Check on the E C and D partitions but in each case came up with this at the end of each quot Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot I'm not sure what that is all about I also tried the following to no apparent avail bootrec fixmbr amp bootrec fixboot Also tried with an odd problem error that I could not get around even after numerous reboots sfc scannow Now this is where it gets very frustrating to me In regards to Option Three of the Dump Files is where I have numerous files First I'm not actually sure if using a command prompt from the System Recovery options menu is actually elevated If it isn't elevated how do i get it up to elevated in the scenario... Read more

A:BSOD 0x00000050 on Lenovo V570 laptop (Pics now showing)

If you cannot boot at all, first follow it....
Follow it:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

If still not working, or you cannot follow it for any other reasons, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263287-bsod-0x00000050-lenovo-v570-laptop-pics-now-showing.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I just repaced my laptop battery with a new replacement battery. It charges upto 18%. I have tried updating the bios as well. Can this problem be fixed?

A:Toshibal laptop (L25 S1192) Battery charging issue

disable all alarms in power management in windows and let the battery completely discharges. after this procedure - completely charge the battery. if it will show 18% again - return the battery to store.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshibal-laptop-l25-s1192-battery-charging-issue.83382/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone I m new here and I am having some laptop issues and HP DV9000 Shutdown Battery Issue Instant Laptop was hoping someone might be able HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue to assist me with them First I would like to list my computer specs HP DV CL HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue laptop Intel Core Duo T GHZ x GB SATA HDs GB RAM Running Windows x Below is a rundown of what is happening and what I have done to try and resolve my issue My laptop was making some retched loud noises from HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue the fan and it wouldn t stop or slow down at all it would just stay on with its highest RPMs With my warranty expired I decided I would open up my laptop to try and clean out the fan and heatsink I have worked on and built my own desktops for a while and I decided that I should be able to clean the laptop fan a decision I currently regret I got everything open and took everything apart and cleaned out the fan and as I was putting the laptop together I had a hard time putting in the flat cable for the HP Quickplay Switch Board and slightly damaged it After everything was put back together I fired up the computer and everything booted up properly I noticed that the HP Quickplay buttons lights still came on but the volume slider lights were no longer illuminated The Quickplay buttons no longer work which I can deal with because they illuminate properly but I am having a bigger issue now I noticed when I booted up Windows my battery icon showed that my battery was charging but when I hovered over the icon it said my battery had but was plugged in and charging however the percentage would never increase indicating it was actually charging I thought this was weird so I decided to unplug the laptop from the AC adapter to see what would happen When I did this the computer stayed on but still told me that the battery had I decided to leave it that way since I knew the battery had an almost complete charge and check to make sure everything else worked After about minutes or so my computer shut down instantaneously like if you were to pull the plug without the battery in Knowing this was a bad sign I decided to try and figure out what was going on I tried plugging in the computer with the battery in and after about minutes or so the computer shut down the same way Next I thought I would try using the laptop without the battery in and use it on just AC power This seemed to work and since I have been using the laptop this way it has been running alright My wife has the same exact laptop so I thought I would check my battery in her computer and her battery in mine because her computer is running fine and of course her battery does the same thing in my computer and my battery reads just fine in her computer So I am now resorting to working on my laptop only on AC power but I m sure you can understand my frustration in using a laptop this way I also thought maybe it was a software issue in my Windows OS so I loaded up a Ubuntu live boot environment and found that Ubuntu was reporting the same battery issues as Windows saying the battery was charging at but not increasing in charge and reporting that the battery was empty when off of AC power but still running for a short time There is one other issue that is happening If I leave the computer on with the battery in with or without AC power and leave it sitting eventually the battery charging indicator light starts flashing as if something is wrong This also happened when I had the computer completely off but left the AC adapter plugged in with the battery in as if to charge the battery This led me to believe that the issue is a hardware issue but I had to check to make sure it wasn t an OS problem as well I really have no idea what I could have done to the computer to have this happen I checked everything that I did when disassembling the computer and I didn t tinker with the battery or anything that controls it to my knowledge ... Read more

Relevancy 80.84%

Good morning SF and BSOD teams I've been suffering from random BSODs on my Lenovo V laptop running BSOD - Random Lenovo mgmt driver V570 laptop - power Win Home Premium -bit on numerous occasions This issue currently springs up at seemingly-random times although there might be some correlation with me trying music-related activities e g opening WinAmp Google Play Music etc The on-screen BSOD information consistently mentions power management driver hence the reference in this post's title Some history with this laptop I purchased it new Random BSOD - Lenovo V570 laptop - power mgmt driver in Sept - no Random BSOD - Lenovo V570 laptop - power mgmt driver issues Shortly thereafter I installed Ubuntu with a full disk wipe re-format and re-partition After frustrations with Linux I reinstalled Win with a freshly-purchased retail full license e g not the OEM recovery disk Note it was after this event that the BSODs started to occur blockquote I've since reinstalled Linux and Win at least one or two times each time with a full disk wipe format re-partition and seemingly successful installation One additional note during each of the Win installs it seems as though virtually none of the expected drivers are available I have to manually install ethernet wi-fi graphics etc before the thing starts behaving as expected Again this was all using the legitimate retail full Win install disk and drivers directly from Lenovo's support site In any event I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue Thanks -Danny

A:Random BSOD - Lenovo V570 laptop - power mgmt driver

Welcome aboard.

Code:
kd> !irp fffffa8005af41c0
Irp is active with 10 stacks 9 is current (= 0xfffffa8005af44d0)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8007c87060 00000000 fffff800034bab40-fffffa8005f74a10 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\usbhub nt!IopUnloadSafeCompletion
Args: 00051100 00000001 00000001 00000002
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa8005dcf770

Is there any USB devices connected? What is it? Remove it (if it is anything other than the keyboard and mouse) and see it the situation changes.

Also, Disable USB Selective Suspense.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

Also, Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259530-random-bsod-lenovo-v570-laptop-power-mgmt-driver.html
Relevancy 80.84%

HiI have the HP Spectre 13-4129na x360 Convertible Laptop WINDOWS 10Intel i7-6500U, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Intel HD 520 Graphics Card, 13 inch Quad HD Touch-Screen,  I have used it for less than a week in total and despite: lowering the screen brightnessTurning off all apps (from startup)Turning the power options to balancedupdating biosupdating driverstesting battery in the HP softwaretesting battery in bios  The maximum I get from the battery is 3-4 hours despite a claimed 10 hours plus. (that's general browsing, listening to music not labour intensive thing either.) It gets very hot. (I can live with that, but the battery length is impossible.) Please, I think I've tried everything.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-13-4129na-x360-Convertible-Laptop-battery-issue/td-p/5829823
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all I have an HP laptop dual core gb memory gb HDD was gb windows ultimate -bit build was vista home basic My PC runs like a dream Recently it started giving me problems though It dies when HP Dies or software adapter issue. or AC 530 Laptop battery anytime it wants to There s no pattern to it Sometimes I ll run it on full battery and it ll hold on for hours Other times full battery keeps on going for mins and then dies indefinitely Okay sure you ll say I should replace the battery but that s not HP 530 Laptop battery or AC adapter or software issue. Dies anytime all If I run the PC on AC adapter it can sometimes keep on going without the battery for a while Other times it ll die after mins Sometimes it charges the battery full and then keeps on going with the battery the whole day long other times it discharges a full battery in mins and dies If I unplug the AC adapter for a while and plug it back in it seems to solve all the problems for a short while If I delete the AHCPI battery manager in Device manager settings it also solves the problem HP 530 Laptop battery or AC adapter or software issue. Dies anytime for a short while These problems HP 530 Laptop battery or AC adapter or software issue. Dies anytime only started when I installed Windows I have deducted that it could be that I need to replace the battery I need to replace the AC adapter I need to go back to Vista or XP I need a BIOS flash I need a software fix or setting on Windows of some kind Somebody please help R nbsp

A:HP 530 Laptop battery or AC adapter or software issue. Dies anytime

Hi FriedBiltong,

It could be the AC cord or jack. You can easily check it out by moving the cord, usually close to jack. Look at the light, there you can see if power is connected.
Laptops works without battery too, so you can skip that part too.
Hope it's not too serious..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-530-laptop-battery-or-ac-adapter-or-software-issue-dies-anytime.919791/
Relevancy 80.84%

I don't see where this is listed on the company website.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 80.84%

My laptop runs only when continuous power is supplied to it. If the charger is disconnected it shuts down abruptly. I ran a battery check which showed me this message: (refer the screenshot)   Kindly guide me through this. If the battery needs to be replaced any relevant links (from the online store)would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

A:model 15-r014tx battery replace(40)

Hi there @Trushangi,  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s), please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. To say thanks for the reply, please click the Thumbs up!  The screenshot that you have provided from the battery check, states that the battery needs to be replaced. If it was the Battery Check program, then it should have told you your Warranty Status and to contact us also. You can check your Warranty Status using the Check Your Product Warranty site, then please use the following link to contact us.  The other option would be for you to use the HP Part Surfer to find yourself a new battery. When you get to the site you will have to put in your Product/Serial Number and Select your Country before you search. You should be able to find a replacement battery.  Welcome to the HP Support Community!Thank you for joining in! Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/model-15-r014tx-battery-replace-40/td-p/5604393
Relevancy 80.84%

I don't see where this is listed on the company website.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 79.98%

Posted this to laptop computer: brother's v570 Lenovo 64-bit running i5 Intel pro Core My 7, Windows Reddit days ago but of course no one responded Anyway here My brother's computer Lenovo v laptop running Windows -bit Intel Core i My brother's computer: Lenovo v570 laptop running Windows 7, 64-bit Intel Core i5 pro processor GB hard drive GBs of RAM My brother's computer: Lenovo v570 laptop running Windows 7, 64-bit Intel Core i5 pro integrated graphics I'm trying to My brother's computer: Lenovo v570 laptop running Windows 7, 64-bit Intel Core i5 pro help my brother fix his laptop but it's nearly impossible I'm fairly well-versed in this type of black magic but this was so unyielding that I'm forced to post here quot The other night I tried starting my laptop and it asked me if I wanted to go into startup repair or boot normally which I thought was strange and I just chose to start normally and it BSOD'd before the time the login screen would usually come up I figured there might be a potential issues because I had postponed restarting my computer a couple of days after Windows updates were done I usually keep my computer clean protected by Kaspersky and Malwarebytes etc so I figured that the update would be the most likely culprit I tried to do a system repair off the recovery hard drive and it didn't work Then I tried launching into safemode still BSOD'd the quot last known good configuration quot wouldn't boot either I tried multiple system restore points and they gave various errors None worked however Some said it couldn't read the memory at some sort of address and others said something about setupapi dll It's sort of time consuming to get the exact error I also tried sfc scannow and it said there was a system repair pending and to restart to complete I did that and it didn't work We tried deleting pending xml in winsxs because I read that on the Microsoft support forums I found on Google Didn't do anything Someone also suggested using quot dism exe image C cleanup-image revertpendingactions quot which only ended in an quot error quot and it said that were was an error while accessing the image My brother and I backed up all the important files by using a hard drive enclosure but if it's fixable I'd rather fix it rather than starting from scratch again like I did last year I also want to figure out if it's some sort of hardware issue like a memory or motherboard issue or if it's some stupid software thing that could be easily fixed Thanks in advance quot Update We got the sfc scannow to work but it says there's no quot integrity violations quot so I don't get it

A:My brother's computer: Lenovo v570 laptop running Windows 7, 64-bit Intel Core i5 pro

Please follow - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-brothers-computer-lenovo-v570-laptop-running-windows-7-64-bit-intel-core-i5-pro-789042.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
Find 14 easy ways to prolong your laptop battery life and find more Laptop, Processers, Hard Drives, Desktop PCs, Anti Virus and User computers at a good price in findnearyou.com Findnearyou.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-life-14-easy-ways-to-prolong-your-laptop-battery-life.741541/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, My laptop comes up with a message saying the Primary Battery )601) needs changing. The laptop lets me sign in and loads up my old home screen but it says the cortana and Start functions aren't working, if I click on anything it will not load up. I cannot find a replacement battery ANYWHERE online. I find this confusing to understanding because the laptop itself is only 2 years old. Any ideas for where I can find a battery? Thanks so much, Jo

A:Cannot find battery for Notebook Model 10-e011sa

Hi, From  the Maintenance and Service Guide (page #14) , your machine uses battery part # 740722-001      http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-10-Notebook-PC-Series/5437524/model/6732670/manuals/ You can buy from HP or from:    https://www.amazon.com/740722-001-HSTNN-IB5T-Touchsmart-740005-121-MR03028-CL/dp/B0196SXU0I Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Cannot-find-battery-for-Notebook-Model-10-e011sa/td-p/5742134
Relevancy 79.98%

how do I find the replacement battery model number for my dell xps 15 9550

A:model number for dell xps 15 9550 battery

Hi,
We?re listening. We?ll surely check and assist you. XPS 15 9550 is usually sent with a 3 cell or a 6 cell battery based on the system hardware configuration. We request you to PM us with the service tag, your email address and the region you are located in, so that we can details of the computer and provide you with the right part numbers for the battery. To send a private message, click on my name and select ?Send private message?.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992466
Relevancy 79.55%

I am having a message that says "Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached" message that appears after Windows 8.1 starts up. A similar sort of message appears before even Windows boots up, and I need to press the 'Esc' key in order for Windows to boot. This seems to have happened after a recent Windows update. I have uninstalled an reinstalled the Lenovo Power Management Driver but it does not appear to have fixed the issue. My BIOS is the latest version. This issue is on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1. Any assistance is appreciated.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached, Lenovo ThinkP...

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to hear that your Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga is displaying a message stating ?Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached?.

I would suggest you to perform Flee Power ? remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer. Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect the battery and AC adapter to turn ON the computer.
Get into BIOS and load defaults, save and exit.

Open Device Manager and under Battery Look for Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control method Battery, right Click on it and uninstall it, Restart after uninstallation.

Please let me know the happenings!

Best regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Genuine-Lenovo-Battery-Not-Attached-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Yoga/td-p/1403841
Relevancy 79.12%

this question pertains to preserving the life of the battery. my old laptop was 6 years old or so, we have been running off the charger for the past 3 years or so rather than replacing the battery, but the new laptop i do not want to run it off the charger. normally it will be booted early morning and shutdown at the end of the day, my question is when we are not actually using it during the day should it be placed in sleep mode, hibernation or just fold the screen down. (this is the only windows forum i'm on that's why i am asking here)

A:laptop battery issue not really a win 8 issue

You're fine to be asking windows 8 and hardware-related questions here

I wouldn't worry about it too much. By the time your battery goes out, it will likely be time to upgrade.

Consider shutting down whenever you leave it for an extended time, such as longer than a day. I think hibernate is the preferred laptop method of low power states because it drains far less than sleep. So you could perhaps keep the computer plugged in while in hibernate, and unplugged while shut down, unless going on a trip or something.

I think HP had a power plan on their laptops that would keep the battery from charging fully to 100% (it would go instead to 50%), which wore it out less than the normal full charge. That may be hard to emulate without a program on your computer for such a plan as that.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42419-laptop-battery-issue-not-really-win-8-issue.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Internal battery error. Boots up but does not connect to Microsoft.

A:HP notebook model 110-3530NR internal battery error

@takkylady? Shutdown the laptop then remove the MAIN battery. Now boot the laptop. Do you still receive the battery error??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-notebook-model-110-3530NR-internal-battery-error/td-p/5735166
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi problem: detected" battery is "No Laptop battery everyone My laptop battery seemed like it had loads of life left in it but one day Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected" it just suddenly stopped working and my laptop started saying quot no battery is detected quot I contacted the insurance people and they came over to check that the battery was dead and that it wasn't a problem with my laptop itself They confirmed that I just needed a new battery and sent me a new one Now with the new battery in it is saying the exact same thing quot no battery is detected quot and only working off power from the charger If I take the battery out and then put it back in again the laptop says quot plugged in and charging quot for a few seconds before switching back to saying quot no battery is detected quot and completely ignoring the battery I know that the problem must be with the laptop and not the battery so does anybody know how I can fix this problem Thanks

A:Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected"

Hi and welcome to TSF please try removing the battery and the ac adapter and hold down the power button for 45 secs then try booting with the battery alone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-battery-problem-no-battery-is-detected-644309.html
Relevancy 75.68%

i don't know how to do a postcould You help me if this battery can be usefor my Lenovo z50-70 ?https://www.amazon.it/vhbw-Batteria-Notebook-sostituisce-L12L4A01/dp/B01ETFYIKO/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=pc&i...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z50-70-Looking-for-a-battery/td-p/3372462
Relevancy 75.68%

My expensive but **bleep**ty Lenovo y 70 70 T got yet another problem. I have never had troubles with battery on it. I was always using convertion mode and doing gauge reset every month, as requested. I have been gentle and never overused it. My y 70 70 today just switched off with battery level at 80%, before that battert condtiiton always been'Good'. then i could not switch it on - i only managed with plugged power cable. Now the battery says Plugged, not charging . I have tried reinstallind the drivers and i ahve now even reset my windows 10. Still no success. And yes. it is out of warranty. expired 1 month ago..by the way, my web-camera also brok down all out of the sudden 3 weeks ago...Any idea wha tto do?Do not tell me to put off my battery - it is impossible on this model...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y-70-70-does-not-see-battery/td-p/3397393
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi allyestarday i bought this laptopi have charged the computer all night (computer turned off), now in 30 minutes battery was 7%   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Battery/td-p/3386688
Relevancy 74.82%

I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Z570. It has two options for the battery charging. One is it charges the battery 100%. The other it only charges 50% and supposedly if you don't use your battery very often, it will extend the life of it. I don't use the battery very often, but would like to keep it charged 100% in case I need to use it. I would like to get an idea if the 50% option really saves that much on the battery. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

A:Lenovo Battery Question

I have a Z560 Ideapad and only charge it 100%. I don't use the laptop that often, but I haven't had any issues with the "100%" charging.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267293-lenovo-battery-question.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi when my Lenovo U - is unplugged it won't turn on even if it still has charge inside The battery LED indicator blinks repeatedly Lenovo problem U41-70 Battery in white after I push nbsp the power button when unplugged I think Lenovo U41-70 Battery problem white doesn't indicate a lack of charge in the battery The laptop only turns on if I plug in the power adapter And the laptop won't suddenly shut down if i unplug the power after I plug it in so it means that it still runs on the Lenovo U41-70 Battery problem charge in the battery But if I shut down and power it up again when unplugged it still won't turn on I think there is a problem with battery detection nbsp see pictures nbsp What is the solution for this as I really need this laptop for work I can only power on this laptop if I plug it in https drive google com file d B OHjy ECrLZl XcHRNN ZtSEU view usp sharinghttps drive google com open id B Lenovo U41-70 Battery problem OHjy ECrLT pxZXY UDY dVE nbsp Thank you nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-U41-70-Battery-problem/td-p/3323529
Relevancy 74.82%

I want to replace my lenovo battery with a new one since it has some scratches that makes it not charge my computer normally but I don't know what kind of battery to get since there are different kinds. can someone help?

A:Lenovo Battery replacement

Please post the model number of your laptop.  This will assist others in giving you advice.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-Battery-replacement/td-p/2218765
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi nbsp I am having some battery issues with my Y laptop which I purchased in late It seems that the battery gauge reads even though the battery is discharging and the power cable is not plugged in I have tried completely draining the laptop and charging it again when charging from it does update the percentage correctly on the Battery Lenovo Y40 Issues battery gauge nbsp However after I close the laptop lid and it goes to sleep if I open it again it reads even though I know its not at Then it just dies after it discharges but I have Lenovo Y40 Battery Issues no idea when to plug it in since I can't trust the gauge Any ideas what could be causing this I had a similar issue in the past and sent it back to Lenovo and they replaced the battery but could it really be the battery nbsp again after only months of usage The battery holds a charge fine it just doesn't update the battery gauge on the taskbar properly it seems nbsp I've gotta say if thats the case I'm quite dissapointed in this laptop nbsp I read a bunch of the other posts online about similar issues but nothing specific to this laptop that has fixed the issue I'm not sure what else to try and if there is something else I can do nbsp Note that I am running Windows instead of which is what the laptop came with initially nbsp Thanks for the help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-Battery-Issues/td-p/3352879
Relevancy 74.82%

1. I am using Lenovo Y50-70 laptop since 18 months.2. Laptop battery is indicating few issues.3. It shows battery is 100% charged, and if I removed power cable then laptop gets shut down.4. Suddenly from 100%, battery charging has dropped to 0% and saying "plugged in, charging" but in actual, it is not.May I replace battery or should performe gauge reset ? Is there any harm to do so ? In case of reset, how many hours it takes to complete it ?( I have never performed it )

A:Lenovo Y50-70 Battery not charging

Try installing the battery manager: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Noteboo... Also, always good to try the BIOS update: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Noteboo...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Battery-not-charging/td-p/3313517
Relevancy 74.82%

Good Evening start Z50-70 will from Lenovo Battery or not AC Po... nbsp I purchased a Lenovo Z - a year and five months ago It has been running perfectly fine until yesterday evening I had left it nbsp unattended for approximately hours plugged in charging when I returned I was using it for around mins and then I noticed that the battery was low even tho it was battery it was saying mins to fully charge it then turned off and refused to restart until I unplugged the AC but when I plugged the AC in once it had started it just turned off I tried the power Lenovo Z50-70 will not start from Battery or AC Po... button solution that was posted press times in seconds and restarted the Laptop it started fine and I plugged the AC in and it stayed on but the battery led was flashing orange Still would not charge and then the battery ran out and the Laptop turned off and I can't get it to work now I have tried to use the laptop with just the AC but it will not work I Lenovo Z50-70 will not start from Battery or AC Po... have ordered a new battery hopefully that will work but I am wondering if it should aleast Lenovo Z50-70 will not start from Battery or AC Po... work on just the AC for the moment nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-70-will-not-start-from-Battery-or-AC-Power/td-p/3319167
Relevancy 74.82%

Does anyone know if Lenovo has removed the toolbar battery guage in an update? If not, is there a way to get it back?  The setting doesn't exist in Lenovo Settings and the toolbar is missing from the list of availble toolbars.  I have the latest software installed, even reinstalled the lenovo dependency service. Thanks!Ed

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Battery-Gauge-P50/td-p/3401085
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, Just wondering what battery I should buy to replace my lenovo Y40 2014 laptop. It only lasts about 20 minutes off charge and I need to replace and cannot find the type of battery I need to buy in this manual: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_y40_50_series_hmm.pdf  Thanks! I cannot also find my model number (I can look up the needed battery with a model number)

A:Lenovo Y40 Battery Replacement

Hi Gold,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

It would be best if we have the specific Machine Number (keep Serial Number confidential).
You may get the Machine Number here  on the warranty checker. 

Likewise to get the Lenovo battery Part number, check here. 

Example  
Machine number: 59414167   
BATTERY Part number: 121500248 Y40 SP/A L13M4P01 7.4V48WH 4CELL BTY  
Also available from known resellers .

Based on the systems general hardware manual (page 91) as other option.
Part number: 121500249 Y40 LG L13L4P01 7.4V48Wh 4cell bty (Y40-70/Y40-80) Part number : 121500259 Y40 CP/C L13C4P01 7.4V48Wh 4cell bty (Y40-70/Y40-80)

There is also a sticker a battery itself (page 36).

You may call in Lenovo Spare parts   / Lenovo contact list  for pricing and availability. 

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-Battery-Replacement/td-p/3312860
Relevancy 74.82%

At some point in the last few days or weeks, the green battery indicator simply vanished from my X1 Yoga (Win10) without a trace, and it seems I'm not the only one with that problem. I tried downloading it from the support page, but the software was removed from the list, and a link from google only leads to a "page-not-found" message. So, what's going on? Will there be a new version of the battery indicator? Why was the old one uninstalled and not just simply updated via system update?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-Battery-Gauge-gone/td-p/3390729
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm assuming that this thread may not even receive any replies based on the times I've attempted to receive aid from any professional within the Lenovo community I'll give it a shot anyways nbsp Hello I've had my Lenovo y - for a little over a year so that means my warranty is expired--do not tell me to use y40-70 Lenovo Drain Battery my warranty to fix my issue After updating to Windows I've had extremely bad battery life It would drop from to a hibernating state within the hour Previously I've received acceptable battery performance with maybe about - hours of usage Battery Drain Lenovo y40-70 I've tried updating all my drivers and playing around with battery settings etc I've uninstalled the energy manager application and am unwilling to perform Battery Drain Lenovo y40-70 a gauge reset due to the potential negative effects it may have on the my system Anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue besides rolling back to Windows nbsp Oh yeah I've also tried calling Lenovo support but I was literally on the line for hours listening to a song Any help is appreciated May have to end up getting a different laptop if this problem persists Solved Go to Solution

A:Battery Drain Lenovo y40-70

I have similar issues with my Y40.  Add to that a loss of notification when the battery is low, so the Y40 goes into Hibernate without warning.  Also the data displayed about the amount of charge remaining in the battery stays above 90% most the time while running on the battery, even after 90 minutes of use. Tried uninstalling and updating the Energy Manager. And have tried various adjustments to the power plans. Nothing has solved the problems of unpredictable and erratic battery life, or at least what the Y40 thinks the battery charge level is at. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Battery-Drain-Lenovo-y40-70/td-p/2151772
Relevancy 74.82%

Does anyone know if you can remove the batteries from a Lenvov B50. they appear to be all part of the casing and have been told by the supply they can not be removed, but just want to double check this?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo B50-50 - Battery Removal

Hi,You can remove the battery if you want by removing the back cover, but this is only needed for replacing an old battery with new, normally you don't need to remove the battery. However, I have attached a link to youtube video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcwlEE1uC-A

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B50-50-Battery-Removal/td-p/3436239
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi nbsp At times my battery would get stuck at - for a Battery 0%. from depleted Lenovo to 70%-90% Y40-80 period of time while plugged in then suddenly dropped to when I removed the charger Within minutes Lenovo Y40-80 Battery depleted from 70%-90% to 0%. it hibernates When i plugged the charger in again although onekey optimizer indicates the battery is charging it get stuck at for a period of time It estimates a hrs charging time nbsp nbsp However when I get lucky the battery randomly rises from to within seconds and I was able to use the laptop for hrs Yet when I plugged the charger in the same problem occurs nbsp nbsp I have tried to uninstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method battery but it doesn't solve the problem nbsp I always put my battery in conversative mode and tries to keep my setting low brightness etc to perseve my battery nbsp I only have this nbsp laptop for a bit more Lenovo Y40-80 Battery depleted from 70%-90% to 0%. than a year and my warranty just expired for months which is really upsetting This problem happens to the my last lenovo laptop that I owned for roughly a year right after that warranty expired too and it seems like lenovo product is very fragile and doesn't last more than a year nbsp nbsp afuY

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-80-Battery-depleted-from-70-90-to-0/td-p/3387774
Relevancy 74.82%

My Lenovo Edge Battery still has of of Lenovo Edge ... My still 90,7% it's Battery has 15 it's cycles but it won't turn on without the charger and I think it is not chargging from what I've read so far I believe it could be a blown up fuse but before I try to fix that I wanna know if it could still be some software problem nbsp Info gt nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Battery Icon onwin available plugged in charging but it won't go up or down from nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp If I unplug the charger the laptop shuts down nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Battery indicater light gt My Lenovo Edge 15 Battery still has 90,7% of it's ... nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp When turned off and just plugged in it blinks twice in orage and then it keeps blinking in white nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp When turned on it stays lit white wich happens when battery is at nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp When I tried to update the bios it gave me a error saying that it could not proced with less then battery but I removed that variable I was able to update the bios but nothing change nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I also made battery-energy html file to find out what the problem could be but I still don't know what it is ------------------------battery-energy html all text------------------------------------------------------------------ nbsp nbsp nbsp ------------------------battery-energy html all text------------------------------------------------------------------ nbsp nbsp If anyone knows what the proble might be I would really apreaciate the help thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/My-Lenovo-Edge-15-Battery-still-has-90-7-of-it-s-cycles-but-it/td-p/3376100
Relevancy 74.82%

Guys nbsp I've had my Lenovo G s for pretty much years now nbsp I have a poor battery performace Recently my charger malfunctions It won't work till i have placed it at an agle of the charging port meanwhile if i use another charger from a friend it works very fine without struggle Initally i thought it was my charging port but I'm sure that it's not now nbsp Also recently my friend swapped his battery for mine Battery Lenovo G505s he Lenovo G505s Battery had charge on his battery as soon as he put it into my laptop he saw that it was around A few minutes after that the battery died nbsp One Key Optimizer tells me my battery is weak and needs replacement Battery capacity is at nbsp My question now is Do i just need a new battery and a charger OR Could it be from my motherboard I'm running the AMD A with Radeon gpu nbsp I'd really appreciate suggestions from you guys nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G505s-Battery/td-p/3390334
Relevancy 74.82%

Good day to this awesome community I recently purchased a notebook 'y40' and  i have doubts about the use of the battery, can i work with the notebook plugged in to the electricity without having to worry about the life span of the battery ?.Keep in mind that the battery can not be removed . 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Y40 Battery Usage

Hi Ebon_Knight,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

Using the computer with the AC conected is just fine.

I would say it is OK to use the your laptop while plugged in,
Because once you plugged in an AC adapter, Your computer switches to AC power mode where it gets power from AC charger while charging the battery.

Now about overcharging , If you have the Lenovo energy Management Software configured to "Optimized battery health" then you should not have to worry. it will prevent charging your battery to a 100% and prevents from over charging, 

If the computer did not came with the software, Lenovo Energy Management  can be downloaded from support.lenovo.com just choose your computer model and OS version.

Hope this helps
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-Battery-Usage/td-p/2072262
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Helping peoples My Name is Amir i am a Graphic designer and i have a laptop Lenovo y Model Number i am working on this laptop since year and it worked Fab for me unfortunately Now i am having problem with battery life nbsp when its charged it gives only - minutes backup this problem i am facing from last week i think my battery life is going to end before it gives backup of - hours i use my laptop - hours daily and i will say its my mistake i was never shutdown my laptop i always put it on Sleep instead of shutting it 70 Replacement Lenovo y50 Battery down i know this is the Lenovo y50 70 Battery Replacement problem my battery life is not good now anywayshere are the information i can find about my batteryBattery Battery InformationBattery ID LENOVO PABAS Manufacturer LENOVOSerial Number Chemistry Li-ILong Term Design Capacity Last Full Charge So my question is i want to Lenovo y50 70 Battery Replacement replace my battery but i don't know which battery i should buy i am not familiar with this thing like battery with how much mah will work good with this laptoo can Lenovo y50 70 Battery Replacement anyone look into it for me please i will really thankful to youHope to hear your answers thanks in AdvanceAmir Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo y50 70 Battery Replacement

Hi Graphixo .
Greetings. 

Do you have the machine number of your Y50-70, so we can get actual part number  
(keep your serial number confidential)
Check on this link to get the machine number and parts listing . 
Then you may compare it to what I was able to get based on the Maintainance Manual for your pc model. 

Part listings: ( Item14Page91) 

Part number 121500250Y50 SP/A L13M4P02 7.4V54Wh 4cell bty (Y50-70/Y50-80/Y50-70 Touch/Y50-80 Touch)
(ex. part and price on ebay) 

Part number 121500251 Y50 SN L13N4P01 7.6V54Wh 4cell bty (Y50-70/Y50-80/Y50-70Touch/Y50-80 Touch)
(ex. part and price / Ebay ) 

Removing battery steps( Page 36)
Battery type : Lithium-ion polymer 4-cell (54Wh) battery Battery life: FHD: up to 5hrs; UHD: up to 4hrsAC adapter: 135-watt AC adapter

Try to avoid getting batteries from unknown distributors to avoid low quality performance. 
You may call in to check for availability and pricing by calling Lenovo Support.

Hope this helped you in your decision.

Regards, 

** Edited for HMM recommended part number**

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-70-Battery-Replacement/td-p/2234334
Relevancy 74.82%

just wondering if i could remove the battery it has and raplace for a better one

it is a lenovo y50 with a gtx960m

A:lenovo y50 battery replacement

Probably not, you have to dismantle the laptop somewhat to get to the battery :-

Plus not sure Lenovo even make a 'better' battery. I assume you meant a higher capacity battery ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-y50-battery-replacement.1154478/
Relevancy 74.82%

I've had a battery issue (the known one : battery says 100% and suddenly falls at 0% and shut down) and in September I sent my computer to Lenovo. It tooks about 6-7 weeks for the battery to be replaced. My warranty was supposed too be extended, but was not. Now, my battery has the exactly same problem. I do not want my battery to be replaced again : it takes a too much long time and I can't wait that much long again. Can someone help me please to resolve this problem?Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-70-battery-problem/td-p/3333488