Windows Support Forum

Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Q: Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Hello I have this odd problem in my Dell Latitude D core duo where one of work D520 memory slot Dell doesn't Latitude the memory slots isn t working anymore Just yesterday the Laptop would not startup but lights on the front panel came on Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work so I suspected a memory issue The D has a slot underneath the keyboard for memory as well as underneath the laptop When ever I put memory in the slot under the keyboard it won t startup I tried various memory known to work I even took the memory from underneath the laptop and placed it under the keyboard because it worked underneath But once I placed the memory in the slots under the keyboard it would not startup I would just get three green lights next to the power key Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work One stayed the other blinked they all eventually stopped entirely Once I removed the memory it would start up I Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work tried cleaning the memory slot with an air can I ve never encountered this before For now I just run with gig memory stick underneath the laptop It works fine I am assuming a motherboard issue Any suggestion greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Sure sounds like the socket is bad, or the memory controller. You may have to live with a single DIMM in the bottom slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-memory-slot-doesnt-work.1103329/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello my friends need help I have a dell latitude d520 blocks could help me find a clue I'm in this for months and find nothing I would appreciate your help

excuse my English

A:Dell Latitude d520

What is wrong with your Dell D520??? Does it lock up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520.169155/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a Dell Latitude D520 Laptop and am having problems with the display... I am running Windows XP SP3. When I switch the Laptop on all starts fine and all the Icons appear as they should. However, after approx 5 mins the Display goes off and no matter what I do I can't get it to come back on. After Restart the same thing happens. I don't think this is a Software Issue as it all starts as it should and the problem persists after I've tried re installing Windows onto it. When the screen Dims it is still possible to see everything very dimly in the background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated????

A:Dell Latitude D520 HELP!!!!

Is the power adapter attached when this happens? Laptops by default dim after 5 minutes of inactivity when the power adapter is not attached to save power but it should come back on by either pressing the power button once, or tapping the Enter key. Is the battery being recharged when the power adapter is attached? You can try this without the battery in, and just using the Power Adapter to test if the battery is the problem.
You can adjust the power settings by right clicking a blank space on the desktop/Properties/Screen Save/Power. You can change the time and what the power button does. (ex) pressing power button once to wake from sleep etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d520-help-639066.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I have no audio through the laptop but when I hook up earphones its fine. I have installed, updated, rolled back, deleted, and reinstalled drivers any idea's ?

A:Dell Latitude D520

If your headphones are working, it's more than likely the speakers and not a driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145888/dell-latitude-d520/
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm thinking about putting Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude D520. I find no drivers offered from Dell for Windows 7, only XP and Vista.

Has anyone here ever done Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude D520?

A:Windows 7 on Dell Latitude D520--anyone done it?

W7 should have all the drivers for that model, you can check device manager after W7 is installed to be sure. Most Vista drivers will work in W7 in case you need them.

Run the W7 upggrade advisor to check for potential problems.
https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-on-dell-latitude-d520-anyone-done-it.887249/
Relevancy 97.18%

i got dell latitude d520 has nyone ever tryed it with dst yet?if so let me know thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520-works-with-dst.70354/
Relevancy 95.89%

I have a Dell Latitude D with WinXP D520 Latitude Wont Dell Boot - I recently acquired a docking station and so i docked my laptop on it Now my laptop boots to the XP logo scrolls for a while sits with a black screen lit for Dell Latitude D520 - Wont Boot a while then the screen goes dark and the system reboots I ve tried taking the drive out and doing a chkdsk and i ve tried recover console to fix the boot but its still doing it I had a couple of ideas I wanted to bounce off people before i went crazy with registry editing First i tried to identify the order in which things are failing The last thing to load before it hangs is cdfs sys which tells me that its in the quot file system quot service group when it fails Trying to get it to log the boot to another device fails because it Dell Latitude D520 - Wont Boot cant even mount a file system by the time it goes splat What im reading suggests that i ve corrupted my hardware profiles by connecting the dock My question is that if i delete all the hardware profiles from the registry will that completely fubar any chances i have or will that just make the system rebuild them from scratch Thanks for your input nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

Dell Latitude D Model Number PP L At present the hard disk is blank D520 Dell Latitude problem Video and I am working strictly in the BIOS When I got this laptop I Dell Latitude D520 Video problem was told its screen didn t work and the user had been using an external monitor for several months It took me quite some aggravation to realize I had to have its lid fully closed in order to activate the external monitor Here are the things I would like to know about Is there a way to activate the external monitor with the lid open so I can use the laptop s keyboard At present the external monitor goes blank instantly on lifting the laptop s screen lid Dell Latitude D520 Video problem The only settings I can find in the BIOS concerning video are Brightness on Battery Brightness on AC LCD Expansion Dell Latitude D520 Video problem LCD Expansion has to do with whether the image is displayed with a wide black border or the image is edge-to-edge There are no other menu items in the BIOS that could even be remotely interpreted as affecting video The laptop s LCD panel does flash something for about a quarter of a second on the screen during POST when the external monitor is not connected My guess is the LCD s power inverter is bad What other possibilities are there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 Video problem

There should be a Key combo for switching to external...I think it is <FN-F8>
Have you tried tapping F8 immediately on startup for safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-video-problem.841356/
Relevancy 95.89%

McAfee has seemingly removed itself Keep getting a popup message from taskbar saying low disk space despite running disk cleanup and removing programs Windows Audio Service wont start on its own despite being on auto so every startup I have to start the windows audio service and I just shouldnt have to do that I didnt have to before My network connection signal drops constantly and when Latitude DELL is nagging faults having D520 My it does Im not able to repair it I get a message problem registering with DNS Although this problem isnt as significant as the others my theme My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults persistently changes to windows classic and then it instantly changes back to normal for some strange reason Now when your computer is having these problems you come to think running System Restore would fix them But when Im clicking on System Restore this message pops up and reads System My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults Restore is not able to protect your computer Please restart your computer and then run System restore again After restarting my computer the message still proceeds So after that Im thinking maybe it's not enabled Then My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults I go to Services and scroll down to System Restore and the service is stopped ad when I attempt to start it a message comes up could not start the System Restore service on local computer Error the process terminated unexpectedly At this point I dont know what to do I am thinking about reformatting my hard drive but Im unsure of what will happen Im afraid of losing all of my files and Im not sure if it will uninstall Windows Because if it does I would have to go all out and get another XP CD to reinstall it So I just need someone anyone to provide for me the best solution Please Thanks in advance

A:My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults

and welcome to the Forum

The first thing I would do is to backup any data you cherish to cd or external drive.

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, please follow the instructions here, and post the logs in a new thread in the malware removal section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-dell-latitude-d520-is-having-nagging-faults-490084.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I am not able to get pass the blue screen that tells me to enter my password. Service Tag number 5HCKHD1. Someone please help me.

A:Dell Latitude D520 Password bypass

I Need Help Too.i Dont Know Who Has A Code Generator For Dell D620

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520-password-bypass.92672/
Relevancy 95.89%

According to CPU-Z, the chipeset is i945GM and Southbridge is 82801GHM

Its x64 laptop

I've researched that the i945GM chipeset can support 4GB RAM.

The laptop however has only 1 sodimm slot in which I've fitted a 2GB dimm.

When booted System reports 2.5GB of memory, CPU-Z reports 512mb in once slot and 2gb in the other slot.

I presume the slot with the 512mb of ram is actually on-board and can't be changed ?

Why build a x64 laptop where you can only use 2.5GB ram ?

A:RAM capacity for Dell Latitude D520 (PP17L)

If your Dell Latitude D520 laptop has an Intel 945GM chipset, it supports up to 4 GB(2 GB X 2) of RAM.
It has a module bay on the bottom of the case and a module bay underneath the keyboard.
It's my guess the module bay underneath the keyboard has a 512 MB module.
It can be replaced with a 2 GB module.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-capacity-for-dell-latitude-d520-pp17l.1158912/
Relevancy 95.89%

I don't know if this laptop has a bad inverter, a bad CCFL or some other problem; but, I have diagnosed far enough to tell the picture is on the screen by shining a flashlight onto it. The video controller also does well with an external monitor. So, I want to "shotgun" the problem and just replace the whole display.

I know I can do a simple search on ebay and find all of two buy-it-now displays for a Dell Latitude D520; but, I would like to broaden the scope of displays that will work on this laptop. I know the D520 does not have a totally unique display. In other words, this same display was probably used on many laptop models. Problem is I don't know which ones.

I would like to find a reference that would help.

Relevancy 95.03%

Dell Latitude D Laptop keyboard repair is one of the more common jobs performed on laptops it s also one of the easier repairs to carry out providing the following hasn t happened A spill of anything but water on a keyboard will times out of leave you in a situation that involves replacing the keyboard all together Keyboards are manufactured in such a way that leaves little to no room to Laptop D520 Latitude Dell Keyboard Repair clean out messy spills Basically any liquid containing sugar soft drinks beer wine coffee or tea are bad news A couple of laptop keyboard repair do s and don ts in the event of a spill DON T panic Panic makes us do stupid things think before you react DON T use a hairdryer to dry out a spill melted keys are hard to type with DON T tilt the machine upside down or on its side if you do feel the need it s better to tilt it Dell Latitude D520 Laptop Keyboard Repair to the side that houses the CDROM as the CDROM area inside the machine has less components on it than the mainboard DO switch the machine off immediately and resist switching it back on until you re certain the spill has dried Survey the damage after you ve dried it out At this point you could remove the keyboard and try the machine using an external keyboard to see if anything else has been affected The ribbon cable can also be located on the front edge of the keyboard depending on the age and model of the laptop you have Note the keyboard holder thin strip of plastic that sits on the top edge of the laptop keyboard needs to be removed to get access to the screws holding the keyboard down Traditionally a spill will kill a keyboard or at best at least some function will be lost I have only ever been successful with a laptop keyboard repair that involved a water spill anything else normally results in a tragic loss and putting your old faithful keyboard to rest nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 Laptop Keyboard Repair

i once spilt a glass of baileys onto th keyboard of an inspiron 1300, i took the KB off and soaked it in hot soapy water then rinsed it out and left it to dry, worked fine when it was put back on....

I often scrub dirty keyboards in a bath of hot soapy water and leave to dry, makes em nice and clean and they always work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520-laptop-keyboard-repair.128521/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello all! My Dell Latitude D520 won't boot. It shows the the bios screen then repeats itself. I have not made any changes to software/hardware and I was using it 3 days before. Please help!

Relevancy 92.88%

my laptop is a dell latitude/D520 PP17L
IT SHOWS UP ERROR CODE 1000-0148 UNIT 2 OPTICAL DRIVE BISTOPU TEST FAILD.thats all it says and i'm running windows 7 please can anyone help on what to do .also it plays dvds but no other discs i looked on dell site for code and it says take drive out then put back in and it shuld work but would like help from here before i touch it as this site and the people here have always been 100% spot on .. thanks

A:Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

wow no one can help ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-1000-0148-cd-rom-drive-dell-latitude-d520.173060/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi everyone!!

I just test the fans with two 1.5v battery and they work fine, but the problem is that
they doesn't work when they are in the laptop.

what else can i check on the motherboard?

It's a Dell Latitude C800

Thanks for your hlep.

A:Dell Latitude Fan Doesn't work

rmoreno said:

Hi everyone!!

I just test the fans with two 1.5v battery and they work fine, but the problem is that
they doesn't work when they are in the laptop.

what else can i check on the motherboard?

It's a Dell Latitude C800

Thanks for your hlep.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-fan-doesnt-work.135528/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello all, After updating the BIOS to version A16 or A17 doesn't work memory card reader :(
On the aforementioned version of the BIOS, when you want to turn on the computer with a memory card inside the system do not get up! Of course, without a memory card system will get up normally but when you again put the memory card the system still can't see it.
The last working version of BIOS is A15 where you can use a memory card reader.
My OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64)

A:Latitude E7440 - memory card reader doesn't work after bios update

I have exactly the same problem. Last working version is A15.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19664521
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi
Just received my new e5470 with 4GB RAM, I wanted to upgrade to 16GB (2x8GB) which I have from my previous laptop. I found only one slot underneath, the usual place for the 2nd slot next to it does not have the slot set up and it is blank. I have also removed and checked under the keyboard but it was not there either.
The BOIS setup stated that I have two slots, one is 8GB which is I know I have (I changed the 4GB which came originally with one of the two 8GB that I have) and the other is "not slotted" which I am unable to locate.
Does anyone know where is the other slot located?
Thank you

A:Unable to find the 2nd RAM slot Dell Latitude e5470

The manual will have that info. It is most likely under the 4 gb. 
www.dell.com/.../Removing-the-memory-module

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987326
Relevancy 76.97%

My home has a WLAN that my dad's newer laptop (not the D520), and even my little sister's iPod touch can connect to better than I can. I need a detailed walkthrough on how to connect my laptop to a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Two days ago my speakers and headset were working fine no problems dead speakers D520 HELP! Latitude at all Yesterday the mic on my headset stopped working but this could be that the headset is broken Today my speakers aren t working-they re the built in tinny ones I have been through countless troubleshooting quizzes which involved reinstalling drivers running tons of diagnostic stuff turning it off and on again and making sure that the volume is turned up None of the usual system sounds work sticky keys pressing every button down at once but during one of the diagnostics a sound came out it was one which bypassed the sound card The sound works perfectly with headphones I ve been to the device manager and there are no problems listed there I m guessing this is something to do with Latitude D520 dead speakers HELP! speaker soundcard communication Apart from this being a total pain if the laptop isn t fixed by the time I finish my college course then I don t get to keep it Thanks nbsp

A:Latitude D520 dead speakers HELP!

I had a similar problem with my Latitude C610.

The only way I found to get my audio working again was to go to device manager, find my audio device (Intel .... AC'97 Audio Controller) and reinstall the driver. It seemed to only work with the driver I got off of the internet which was not digitally signed.

After that my sound still didn't work when I started up my computer. To start my audio again I went into device manager, right clicked on the Audio device and clicked disable. If it didn't tell me to restart, I re-enabled it and the audio worked until the next time I started my computer up.

Somehow the audio device sorted itself out and works after start up, possible from virus scans or registry cleans or disk defrags.

What you said you have tried seems to be what I did to fix my problem, so this probably won't help much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/latitude-d520-dead-speakers-help.669231/
Relevancy 74.39%

Here s the deal I built myself a new computer I was having problems with the video i e the PC would turn on but the monitor would not quot display driver has stopped responding but has recovered quot About 460 work the GTX in doesn't x16 slot? half of the time when my card is plugged into my PCI-E GTX 460 doesn't work in the x16 slot? x slot the PC will freeze while starting up or while just browsing in the BIOS menu The card works fine when I seat it in the PCI-E x slot Basically I m trying to figure out if I should RMA the motherboard or the graphics card I tried running Memtest I completed passes with no errors I do not have another PC that I can test the graphics card in nor do I have another graphics card that I can try to put in the x slot What do you guys think Is GTX 460 doesn't work in the x16 slot? it a faulty PCI slot on the motherboard or is the graphics card shot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gtx-460-doesnt-work-in-the-x16-slot.1016092/
Relevancy 73.96%

The SD card reader slot on my Gateway laptop doesnt read my sd cards upon insertion. It is not the card, because I have tried multiple SD cards and they all do not work. There is no error message or anything, the drive just does not appear in my computer like it used to so that I can view the files on the card. I have had this problem previously, and it was fixed by repairing my texas instruments controller thing in device manager, but it is working ok when i look at it in device manager now without the slot working. Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi. My laptop has 2 USB slots, 1 working perfectly fine, but another one has a problem. When I plugged a USB mouse or keyboard, nothing on screen happen. For the mouse, it light up but the cursor can't move. For the key board it doesn't light up and nothing happen. I tired flash drive, nothing happen too. BUT when I plugged an external hard drive, it work perfectly fine.

This problem just happen today, before both USB slots are working just fine. So now I can't use both mouse and keyboard at the same time

I've tried restart my computer, uninstall and reinstall all USB list in USB Controllers in Device Manager, nothing work so far

Please help
Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385627-usb-mouse-keyboard-doesnt-work-only-1-slot.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I got a Dell Latitude c a while ago it came equipped with a Com C NIC card My router s a Linksys Wireless-B that Connect Want to Dell Latitude c400 Doesn't I got at Wal-Mart I installed XP on it then installed the drivers for my network card Plugged the cable in did the network connection wizard which I have used without problem on three other computers working on the same router There Dell Latitude c400 Doesn't Want to Connect s Dell Latitude c400 Doesn't Want to Connect not really much I can mess up it s DHCP But it doesn t work Network cable unplugged Used the cable and slot that works for my desktop Still no luck So I assume the network card is fried and dig up an old Linksys Wireless B Network Adapter v that worked for two computers that were upstairs in my house fine and again I set this up myself I install the drivers for that turn off the WEP key security on my router make sure wireless is enabled make sure the thing is plugged in via the USB port Still no luck Wireless connection is unavailable even though the adapter thingy is sitting RIGHT ON TOP OF the router I have absolutely no idea what s going on The only thing I can get is power save options or something that are default on my laptop and aren t default on the desktops I ve configured Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude c400 Doesn't Want to Connect

Hi ellechiM,

go to start/run and type services.msc and press ok. Is wireless Zero configuraion running?

Also on some dell laptops you need to press the function key with one of the F keys to enable the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-c400-doesnt-want-to-connect.360217/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys,We just upgraded our office of 50 people to Windows 10 from 7.  Pretty much the whole office it worked fine for, except my boss.  We can't get his microphone to work again and can't find the drivers on dell's website.  It's a Dell Latitude E5420.  I'm not sure if it's a Realtek internal speaker or what, but we've tried a few drivers on their site as well.  Any ideas would be great!Thanks!

A:Latitude E5420, Microphone Doesn't Work, Win 10

DoctorDre225 Latitude E5420
Hello. Dell does not support Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 on the Latitude E5420 model and cautions that you might lose some functionality if you do run Win10.
DoctorDre225can't find the drivers on dell's website
There are two places to find the drivers:
1. On the E5420 support page. The page opens on "Diagnostics", so you have to click "Drivers and Downloads", then click on "look for it myself" if presented with that option, instead of using service tag or system analysis. Next, click the blue "Change OS"  button (see pic) to see the operating system options (XP, Vista, 7, 8, Unbuntu, Free DOS).

2. A simpler way is to go to Dell's ftp server. Follow the links to the E5420 htm page. On that page you can see all of the drivers that Dell makes available for the E5420 -- all versions for all operating systems.
DoctorDre225not sure if it's a Realtek internal speaker or what
The E5420 has IDT audio hardware on the motherboard. The IDT company went out of the consumer audio business before Windows 10 came out, so there will never be a Win10 IDT audio driver for the E5420.
DoctorDre225we've tried a few drivers on their site as well.  Any ideas would be great!
I don't know if the issue is with the internal mic or the external mic jack. If the mic jack, it won't work with just the Windows native driver, so you do have to have an IDT driver. An IDT driver might or might not get the internal mic to work. It should be working with the native driver, so it could be hardware malfunction, or it could be that Win10 just won't play nice with the E5420. Here is how I would try to install an IDT driver.
First you want to remove all of the other audio driver files that might be on the hard drive.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio"  if it is there, and select to uninstall.4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.5. Restart the laptop and go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until Realtek no longer appears under Sound...Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place. "High Definition Audio Device" is the name of the native driver.
6. Repeat the steps, and remove any "IDT High Definition Audio Codec" that you find. Remove any other audio drivers that you might have installed. Do not remove "High Definition Audio Device" or "Intel Display Audio" (the HDMI audio driver).
[Note that if in step 2 you only find "High Definition Audio Device", skip the rest of it and go on to the section below.Now try to install the IDT Win7 audio driver in Win10, by installing it with Compatibility mode.
1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.  [There are two "formats" on the driver's page. Scroll down to the 2nd one, named "Hard Drive" format, and download that one, not the 1st one named "Windows Update Package".]2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7.
If the driver installs, test the mic.
Btw, I have an E5... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19986245
Relevancy 71.38%

I own a not show slot doesn't working, IPMA PCI and also work sound as year old years months Gateway FX series top of their line then running Vista I PCI slot and IPMA show as not working, sound also doesn't work have a Creative Sound Blaster XFi sound card Everything was fine The sound card stopped working all of a sudden I did a system restore No help several days back I deleted the driver and had the system find it to reinstall No help I reloaded the driver after downloading from the website No help I plugged in another set of speakers to the sound card No help I noticed that in Device Driver the com port is fine as is the sound card The PCI slot under other devices has yellow exclamation point as does the IPMA Gateway wants me to reset the computer to factory fresh I really don t want to do this - the work would be terrrible for me I find that Gateway always wants you to do this but before I did I wanted to ask for ideas here Please any thoughts will be appreciated gteam nbsp

A:PCI slot and IPMA show as not working, sound also doesn't work

1) List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
2) Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
3) Did you try uninstalling the old driver before reinstalling? Look in Ctl Panel->Programs and Features, see if audio driver there and uninstall it
4) You might also try looking through / See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-slot-and-ipma-show-as-not-working-sound-also-doesnt-work.158186/
Relevancy 71.38%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am upgrading my dell latitude cpx 650 laptop. I was wondering if someone could let me know a good brand of memory to use. I don't want to get any bad memory. Thanks.

A:memory for dell latitude laptop

crucial.com
kingston.com
Dane-Elec memory

FYI, the maximum is 512Mb. You have two slots and one slot is filled with 32Mb (providing you haven't upgraded it already) which is removable. The maximum module you can buy is a 256Mb module.

The type of memory you need is PC100 SDRAM SODIMM. Cruical.com is $105 for a 256Mb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-for-dell-latitude-laptop.348985/
Relevancy 70.95%

I purchased what was described as a 'Dell 3588D Motherboard Slot 1 Dimension
XPS-B' motherboard from eBay. It uses Rambus memory sticks, but has 3
memory slots to fill, while every motherboard of that type I have researched only
has 2 memory slots. In addition, most of the Series B desktops I looked into
seem to be limited to 512MB of memory.
Because my motherboard has 3 memory slots, would I be allowed to insert three 256MB memory sticks, giving me a total memory of 768MB? I'm told that you should
not exceed the required limit of memory. Would someone care to comment on my
predicament?

hextek

A:Filling a 3rd memory slot of a Dell B Series desktop

Just try it, it'll either work or it won't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/filling-a-3rd-memory-slot-of-a-dell-b-series-desktop.146470/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I am new Dell Work Cpi Latitude Won't here and will jump right into this I do have this posed on the Dell Forums Dell Latitude Cpi Won't Work but theye are a little slow to suggestions I have had Dell Latitude Cpi Won't Work a terrible time with this Laptop and am desperate for help with a solution I bought a Latitude Cpi from a co-worker This Latitude worked fine for about weeks and then will not work correctly This has been a problem now for and a half months Specs of the laptop Latitude Cpi D XT PII Megs Ram Bios A Intially when I got this Laptop it had Win K The co-woprker had this loaded for the past year and it worked fine with no problems During the first two weeks I had this laptop I had no modem so Dell Latitude Cpi Won't Work I borrowed a Microcom modem Before this my co-worker never had a modem in this laptop After he bought his new laptop he gave me the Xircom Cardbus and K modem When I installed this modem is when I started to see some problems At this time the BIOS was at A Win k would load but would not take all the way It would lock up about halfway through trying to load I then would shut down hard and restart and it would not load at all It would run through the BIOS but would not load Win K I decided to wipe the hardrive and did a F Disk I reloaded Win K with about the same results although it did fully load one time I next tried Win I did this after I formated the harddrive again Win loaded a couple times and then did the same thing First it would lock but then I would just get a cursur in the upper left hand corner but no operting system would load I next put in Win ME I reformatted again and Win ME did load a couple times fine It detected the PCI Controller and Bridge just fine which is a Texas Instruments Then I shut down and started again and it loaded a quot Generic Card Controller and Bridge quot No it is back to the same as above in that it won t load WIN Me like the other operting systems During this time I am able to get into Safe Mode sometimes Shut down and restart for the full OS and it does nothing I have tried these solutions so far Reseated harddrive Reseated memory Reseated processor I have run Dell Dignostics which shows no problems at all I have had no fewer that people who are pretty efficeint with laptops and PC s look at this and they can t figure it out I am really out of ideas Please help I will try any suggestion Thanks In Advance Jon nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I've researched extensively for a solution to why my brand new battery and AC Adapter won't fully charge.
When I first turned on the computer it charged to around 72 percent. 
Then after the first recharge, it only went up to around 48 percent.
Repeated again, and only got around 39 percent and now it seems to stay there.
I've updated the BIOS already, tried uninstalling the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver and reinstalling it.
So my question is, is there any place I can download an updated driver?
The one on my computer states that its from 06/21/2006. Perhaps there's an updated driver somewhere?
My Operating System is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Please help.
Thank you!!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d017610-2c5b-4b88-81ff-e11089a58055/dell-latitude-e6410-battery-doesnt-charge-fully?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all, as title says can I add it ?

Dell Latitude E6400 little Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P9500 (2.53GHz)
256MB nVidia Quadro NVS 160M

If need Other Specs just say
I think it pre assembled by dell but i don't know exacly...
Thanks, For help.

A:Can I add Dedicated video memory to Dell Latitude E6400

Leftas welcome to the Seven Forums.

No you cannot. If you need more memory on a video card, the only way to achieve that is to buy a card with more on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/279460-can-i-add-dedicated-video-memory-dell-latitude-e6400.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I bought a used Dell Latitude C510 laptop. I want to add RAM. I have searched the dell website and tried to ind how many slots, and though I found the original configuration, it doesn't say what the max RAM is and how many slots. I know what KIND of RAM, but need the other info, too.
Thanks so much.

A:Solved: How much memory and how many slots in Dell Latitude C510?

Here mate:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=Latitude C510 Series

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-much-memory-and-how-many-slots-in-dell-latitude-c510.946562/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, I just bought a new  external USB webcam (plug & play device). It works fine with several desktops I tried, but when I try to use it with my Dell Latitude D620 laptop running Windows XP Pro, it does not install properly. The error message I get is that the driver is either missing or corrupt.  I tried a different plug & play USB  camera that works with other computers running Windows XP, but got the same error message on my laptop. Any idea how to get this fixed? Thanks.
http://en.community.dell.com/dell/sso.aspx?action=verifyemail&UserName=ssdll&Email=ssuslov_4000_swin.edu.au&token=45711f3e-8ea3-441a-9376-a249a0769412

A:USB webcam does not work on Dell Latitude D620

Hello
Did anyone answer your question, I have the same issue with a Lattitude E5410, win 7 32bits. I have tried 3 different webcams which all work on different laptops.
Thanks
V

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19385432
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,
I can t see biometrics hardware on control panel.
What driver/software should install to use fingerprint.
I run windows 10 Pro 32 on my laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995348
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Dell Latitude D and my problem is that the wifi light won t come on I ve done the Fn F thing and all that is enabled is bluetooth I ve gone to dell s site and updated drivers and done basically everything I ve seen others do on forums What s interesting is that once in awhile my wifi light comes on and my wifi will work for maybe seconds and then it disappears When i go to device manager my broadcom g adapter sometimes shows up but usually it isn t there So it s not there with a yellow exclamation mark over it when it is on there it s fine but it s hardly there ever I ve even removed the wireless card and reconnected it to see if it d work but no luck Basically I ve tried just about everything and I d welcome someone who has more experience with Wifi Won't Latitude Dell Work D610 this kind of thing to help me out nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D610 Wifi Won't Work

When i go to device manager, my broadcom 802.11g adapter sometimes shows up but usually it isn't there.

I've even removed the wireless card and reconnected it to see if it'd work but no luck.

that would have been my first suggestion - sounds like the adapter is intermittently faulty

but
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

i have seen these cause this type of issue before

also try safemode with networking - wireless often does not work in this mode anyway - but just in case
safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d610-wifi-wont-work.1079880/
Relevancy 68.37%

HP x4000b Bluetooth mouse does not work with Dell Latitude E5450 notebook and Windows 7.  My Dell notebook/laptop is connected to the HP Bluetooth mouse, but it will not pair.I purchased the mouse on Nov. 6, 2016 from BestBuy.  It works flawlessly with my MacBook Pro 2013.I have made sure to turn off BlueTooth on all my Apple devices.I have removed the USB for the my wireless mouse to make sure that's not interfering.I have tried all Dell and HP diagnostics for BlueTooth.I have run Dell System Detect and Support Assist.  The Bluetooth for the notebook is working correctly.I have installed fresh batteries in the mouse.The mouse power button is on and I've tried pressing the Connect button on the mouse multiple times.I followed the instructions on this page to update the driver: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-x4000b-bluetooth-mouse/5286917I've rebooted multiple times. Please help.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-x4000b-Bluetooth-mouse-does-not-work-with-Dell-Latitude/td-p/5837561
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi folks I want to upgrade my Upgrade Dell D520 CPU Dell D processor form Ghz to Ghz or something in Dell D520 CPU Upgrade this range Atm I've Dell D520 CPU Upgrade upgraded the RAM to GB HDD to GB Socket is Operating System Windows Ultimate Dell D520 CPU Upgrade -bit SP CPU Intel Mobile Core Duo T GHz C Merom nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc NF Microprocessor C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Dell Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Dell Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD BPVT- HXZT ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST CDRW DVD GCCT N ATA Device Audio High Definition Audio Device Intel Mobile Core Duo T Cores Threads Name Intel Mobile Core Duo T Code Name Merom Package Socket mPGA Technology nm Specification Intel Core CPU T GHz Family Extended Family Model F Extended Model F Stepping Revision L Motherboard Manufacturer Dell Inc Model NF Microprocessor Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model i GM Chipset Revision Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model GHM ICH -M U Southbridge Revision A Where and what are my options to buy and upgrade with TIA Scotty

A:Dell D520 CPU Upgrade

According to Dell that model is a Latitude D520 Notebook/Laptop, somewhat an older model that looks just a bit newer than my Latitude D810.
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global...0_69970973.pdf
CNET had a review on it back in 2006.
http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-latitude-d520/
Finding a new CPU that will fit may be difficult, used ones may be problematic. And the BIOS may need an upgrade so as to support it, plug the Service Tag number in at Dell Support to check availability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352958-dell-d520-cpu-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.51%

What can i upgrade to on my dell d520?

this my spec

A:cpu upgrade for dell d520

Best to ask that on the Dell community Laptop Forum People there more familiar with the Dell models and upgrades.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356421-cpu-upgrade-dell-d520.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I'm having trouble with the BT modules for my Dell D520. It shows up in my Dell D510 Device Manager without any hassle!

The D510 is running XP Pro and the D520 is running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have 2 modules which work great on the D510 but not on the D520.

I have now sent away for another cable to see if there's any luck by doing this.

Could this be a problem with the D520 running 7

TIA

Scott

A:Dell D520 Bluetooth

Hi, are their any yellow or marks in device manager on the D520 are the drivers installed for the bluetooth?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354986-dell-d520-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Can anyone decypher this mb code from my Dell D520 ? I've looked on the mb but there is no mfg. tag or label or branding. mb is out of system and all the markings on both sides have DADOM5MB8E4 rev E and that's all. In particular can anyone identify the circuits at spots U31 and C51 ? Any input or leads will be greatly appreciated.

Dell D520
T5500
1gb. ram
100gb hdd
serv. tag G6N6ZC1
express tag 35230271329

A:Dell D520 Motherboard Schematics

What is the trouble symptom?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d520-motherboard-schematics.128638/
Relevancy 66.65%

1. Why would D520 not have an eeprom chip while other D600 or later would?
2. What are the options to unlock a D520 if when boot you get the gray screen?
I read that you can disconnect the battery for a couple seconds.
Then reconnect it and this will change the boot order to usb first.
then use the usb to load up xp. Is this true?

A:Dell D520 options & questions

I assume you mean 'older' by 'later'.
Not sure about the strategy on how dell does secure their laptops but it is definitely that removing the cmos battery will solve the password screen problem and neither it will enable you to boot up from usb. the only options at the moment are to contact dell, tell them the service tag (make sure you are the legal owner or have the ownership transfered to you) and let them give you a master password to unlock the laptop - or go here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic96268.html
and wait for a master password (you may receive paid offers only).
well you can also have a look at some unlocking websites and ebay. there are a couple of guys who sell passwords....

good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d520-options-questions.96779/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi First of all thanks for looking at my problem all of your contributions are much appreciated But basically I m trying to not Solved: but Latitude connected Dell work D610 browser will shows internet fix my friends laptop they had loads of viruses etc and I have removed all of these however the computer is showing it is connected to the internet but whenever you launch a browser google or any Solved: Dell Latitude D610 shows internet connected but browser will not work other website quot internet explorer cannot display the webpage quot which is a little frustrating I m not overly technical and Solved: Dell Latitude D610 shows internet connected but browser will not work have tried a few things like the TCP IP stack repair but nothing is helping The IPCONFIG ALL is showing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Solved: Dell Latitude D610 shows internet connected but browser will not work Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -CE- A- D-AC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cfd d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - D-B - - -C - B-E - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controlle r Physical Address - - F- -D - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd ba f f febc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ba f f febc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap lan Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes But I have no idea what this means As I said any suggestions would be fantastic thanks techguys nbsp

A:Solved: Dell Latitude D610 shows internet connected but browser will not work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-latitude-d610-shows-internet-connected-but-browser-will-not-work.980216/
Relevancy 66.22%

Dell Audio doesn't work on my Dell computers but Realtek does. Why is Dell Audio on my computer if I can't get it to work? It looks like a better program with far more features.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/400590-dell-audio-doesnt-work-my-dell-computer.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi!

Please help me to clear the Bios password of the Dell latitude D520
Service tag: #CPG3N1S-595B
Express Service Code: 27660086128
REV A01 (I am not sure if this is Bios version but I found it underneath of the laptop in case if you need it)

I looked at the Paragon site but there is no D520 model so I dont know what to do to get the password or some way to crack it. Please help me

Thanks a lot and hope I got a reply from you soon
you can email at: email removed

A:Dell D520 Bios Password Removal

thanks so much but may be this is my last solution cuz this is not my laptop, so I dont want to pay for it.
I am still waiting for Rutam reply

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d520-bios-password-removal.82983/
Relevancy 65.79%

recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.
The sound coming from the speakers worked until I plugged in the headphones jack into the computer for the first time - when I unplugged the headphones internal speakers stop to work completely.
What I have tried so far with no success:

Uninstall and reinstall windows audio/sound drivers
Tried Realtek drivers
Disabled headphones
Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

What is strange is that every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until i plug the jack of the headphones and again speakers stop to work. Any Idea?
Please let me know what you need to know about my computer to better understand the problem and I will amend the question accordingly.
Thanks!

A:Dell latitude E6420 - plug headphone jack in stop internal speakers to work

I resolved installing windows native audio drivers
en.community.dell.com/.../20650645
Apparently, this is a known issue with the Realtek drivers on the Dell Latitude.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982074
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387845-dell-latitude-e6430-dell-latitude-e6420.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I just installed a 128meg PC100 memory module.
I already had a PC100 64 meg installed, but when I turned on the PC after installing the new memory, the new memory wasn't being acknowledgedby the computer.
Did I miss doing something during installation or could the memory port have something wrong with it.
I have tried to add a memory module from an older computer to this computer once before, and I had the same problem...the newly installed memory wasn't acknowledged by the computer.
I have a clone computer and am running Windows 98 on it.
Thanks for any help.
Vicki

Relevancy 62.78%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I was curious what the "SC" slot above the HD on my E6420 was for is it some kind of expansion port? I cannot find referance of it function anywhere on the web site.

A:what is the slot labled SC above the HD on my Latitude E6420

The SC slot and the ExpressCard slot are not the same.  I have a Latitude E6410, and it has both a smart card (SC) slot on the left side and an ExpressCard (EC) slot on the right.  The EC slot is about 3 times thicker.  The smart card slot is for reading smart cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_card), and are a way to verify someone's identity to allow them to use the computer, and are common with the government and various companies.  The Express Card (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard) slot is for expansion devices, like wireless cards or USB 3.0 ports.  ExpressCard is the newer and much faster replacement standard to old PCMCIA cards. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19383980
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, I have this 4-year old laptop. I bought a Kingston 2GB DDR2 800mhz CL6 PC2-6400 module to install into the second slot (the first one has the stock 2GB RAM module). BIOS didn't recognize it, so I tried to plug the original RAM module from the first slot (A) into the second (B) and the laptop didn't even power on. Then I tried to install the Kingston into the first slot (A) and the laptop did power on and run OK. So it is clear that the second RAM slot is not working properly.
Does it mean that I need to replace the motherboard in order to fix it? Is there any other way this could be fixed (maybe the slot isn't bad, it just needs some setup, maybe cleaning, I don't know)?
Thanks in advance.
Filip

A:Second RAM slot not working (Latitude E6400)

If neither module works in that slot, it's a bad memory socket - the mainboard may be repairable but the soldering required will put the price near or over what a replacement board will cost.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19610813
Relevancy 61.92%

I invested a couple of bucks in a used Dell monitor at a garage sale. I did not expect much but I figured WTH, it was worth a try.

A 17" flat screen Model172FP, on power on, the screen gives a display for a few seconds then goes black.

Self test on power on - no connection to computer:
Feature Check' dialog box appear on-screen (against a black background) for a few seconds then screen goes black.

Connected to computer with computer powered up.

Computer brand flash screen appears for a few seconds then screen goes black. I tried this on both an HP and a Compaq computer. Their respective logos appeared for only a few seconds then nothing.

Think this display is worth more investigation or is it ready for deep six ?

Relevancy 61.92%

I completed the set-up of a new Dell Inspiron 3647 using a small extra monitor (NEC ) After moving the unit into its final location, I connected to a DAEWOO F207 monitor I had been using with my previous machine (Dell GX260). However the monitor only displayed a black screen. I then tried a Samsung 710MP monitor that also works on my Dell GX260). Again, monitor only displays a black screen. The GX260 is running XP Professional versus the Inspiron which has Windows 7.​New machine doesn't have (or couldn't find) drivers for the old monitors?​Compatibility issue with the video card?​

A:Old monitor doesn't work on new Dell

if you are using an older CRT type monitor with the new machine...its possible that it cant support the minimum resolution of the new PC???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-monitor-doesnt-work-on-new-dell.1120854/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm not a tech person so bear with me.
The LAN connection worked fine fine up till a few weeks ago but now I can use the internet through wireless connection only.I tried turn off the wireless connection & connect the modem to my laptop using the LAN cable...didn't work. I used another cable (i thought the one I used before was faulty). It still doesn't work & I can't see the LAN symbol either. Is the LAN port broken or something? what should I do?

A:LAN doesn't work on my Dell laptop

In your BIOS screens, look for 'On-board devices'. Click it open to expand the options, look for 'Integrated NIC', select that. Select the option 'enable'.
Press F11 (save and exit). That should make the LAN icon appear in your taskbar, and let you connect your pc to the router via a CAT5E cable, and the 'net.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-doesnt-work-on-my-dell-laptop.162291/
Relevancy 61.92%

Right well I haven t been at home for a few weeks and I came back only a few days ago My brother wanted me to transfer something work Stick USB doesn't Memory Solved: from my PC to his so I went to put it on my USB stick but there wasn t enough space So as I was deleting everything Solved: USB Memory Stick doesn't work off it half way through it said something like It couldn t find the files to delete so I just skipped them all After that my memory stick was unusable I couldn t delete the rest Solved: USB Memory Stick doesn't work of the files or copy more over So I tried to format it and windows said it couldn t be completed I read online somewhere about deleting it s partition and making a new one so I gave that a go however I can t make a new partition since it involves formatting the drive and each time I try to make the partition it needs to format it and it still has the quot Windows could not complete the format quot or something like that I ve even tried to uninstall the drivers and it still wont work I m just left with a dead memory stick that asks to be formatted each time I plug it in The memory stick is a HP C W GB USB It was working absolutely fine before I went away Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: USB Memory Stick doesn't work

Theres usually not much you can do with them you could try running check disk with the "f" parameter(fix) chkdsk X:/f X being the drive letter you computer has assigned it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-memory-stick-doesnt-work.1014157/
Relevancy 61.49%

i dont know what do to and how to update the drivers i dont have a cd player on laptop so how would i fix this problem

A:My dell latitude speakers or head phone jack dont work help(i dont have cd player)

i searched for drivers on dell and it says there is 1 crystal something audio driver thats avalible for my laptop can i download it as my current thing is a sigmatel driver should update it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dell-latitude-speakers-or-head-phone-jack-dont-work-help-i-dont-have-cd-player.650178/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone,
I've a problem with a DELL Inspiron N5110.
When I turn on the laptop, the fan is working for 15 seconds then it turns off by itself.. but the Windows boots properly and the other components work fine.
I know that I can't use my laptop if the CPU fan doesn't work because it will overheat the cpu and the motherboard so..
Could you please give me an opinion ?
Thank you

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 CPU Fan doesn't work

The fan will spin at powerup self test time, and then won't come on (or run at full speed) until a temperature setpoint is reached.
Depending on who replaced the mainboard, verify that the thermal pads were replaced when the heatsink was removed from the system.  If that part was not replaced, the system will run very warm.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986555
Relevancy 60.63%

Installed the optional hardware to enable duplex printing when this printer was USB attached to my Dell laptop docking station while it was running XP Pro. The printer functioned flawlessly...duplex feature as well.

Wiped drive clean and installed Windows 7...couldn't find any Windows 7 native printer drivers, but used 32-bit Vista drivers and printer utility application. All works well, still USB attached, but the duplex printing option is not available as an option. Verified that the duplex-enabling hardware was still installed, turned printer off/on a few times...no success.

Can anyone direct me to Windows 7-native drivers for this printer and/or enlighten me as to how to enable duplex printing under Windows 7?

Thanks...just trying to save a few trees if I can

A:Dell 2130cn printer - duplex doesn't work

In the Dell printer 2130cn properties; Option tab, make sure you have selected the "Duplexer" as available. Once available, you will be able to select it in the preferences menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/29924-dell-2130cn-printer-duplex-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Dell Dimension Pentium GHz GB RAM XP SP I have not used this computer for about a week and now when I turn it on my keyboard doesn t work It is a Keyboard (Dell doesn't Dimension work 2350) generic keyboard that came with my Dell Mouse works fine until I try to type then freezes I went into Device Manager and there was a yellow sign indicating a problem with my keyboard I tried to update driver but there was no newer version than the one installed Device properties indicate that quot this device can not start code quot I don t know what code is Tried to uninstall and reinstall nothing So naturally I tried a different keyboard the one I know is good and this one is USB wired Natural Ergonomic by Microsoft and it installed fine According to device manager it works properly However Keyboard doesn't work (Dell Dimension 2350) still can not type Tried to connect it to a different USB port that didn t help either Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Keyboard doesn't work (Dell Dimension 2350)

Try plugging both keyboards into a different computer and see if they work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-work-dell-dimension-2350.881131/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi....All

I recently bought Dell Inspiron 14R N4110, which came only one default partition (C:\) with Windows 7 Home Premium.
But later on, I did one more partition (D:\), and I installed all drivers(which comes with Dell laptop). but some how my internet is not working properly. Sometime its too slow and not connecting.

I reformatted the laptop, and Restored the modem/router to factory defaults (in that order) neither helped. But if I restored my laptop to factory default (which I don't want, because it has only one partition C:\ ), than everything works fine. Why its happen ?

I hope that you people will be a big help.
I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

A:Internet Doesn't work in new DELL Inspiron laptop

nevernine,
Weilcome to SevenForums.

Please complete your System Specs.

Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
?system manufacturer? block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.
=========================================
=========================================

From your post, I'm confused.

The problem does or does not exist?

If problem exists, then:
WIN + X keycombo | in the Wireless Network section, if you see Turn wireless on, then click on Turn Wireless on. | ALT + F4 to close the window

WIN=key with microsoft logo on top.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227605-internet-doesnt-work-new-dell-inspiron-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series which has only one audio socket, while my headset has two plugs. The thing is if I plug the headset in and use it without pressing OK on this pop up dialog, I can use the microphone, but not the headphones. On the other hand, if I press OK, the headphones will work but the microphone won't. What's the problem here?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19995005
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an Inspiron 7520 and uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of Dell Backup and Recovery Manager -- upgraded to premium to make sure that I would have full ability to use the program. Note: the old version didn't work at all -- hung up on backup, etc.
I have rebooted.
When I try and open the Manager interface, I can't. All I get is the clock logo with the hand spinning. I cannot set the destination. I cannot select what I want to back up. I've tried this several times and just get the spinning clock which I end up ending through Task Manager. 
I have tried opening the Manager from the installed link on desktop, from my list of programs, from the Start menu, and from the tray icon. Nothing works.
Any suggestions?
Nan

A:Windows 8 Dell Backup and Recovery Manager doesn't work

I have the same issue with the non premium version, I made the mistake of upgrading to v1.0.0.4 that is available for download and now have the same spinning clock, the program never loads so can't do anything with it. I have tried twice now to uninstall and then reinstall but still the same issue with spinning clock.
This is on a brand new XPS 8500 running windows 8. The reason I tried upgrading is that the version I had would not create recovery disk on usb key (would take forever to see the usb key and then would fail with pretty much useless error message before writing anything to the usb key, all it would do is format it to something that could no longer be read by windows.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19500473
Relevancy 60.2%

My brother recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 with Windows 7 & one of the USB 2.0 ports doesn't work. We've plugged into it all of our USB Drives & an IPod Touch & it doesn't respond to anything. Their are no errors in the Device Manager & scanning for hardware changes doesn't change anything. The Other USB 2.0 & the 2 USB 3.0 ports work just fine. Is their anything we can try before we call dell since it brand new so it has a warranty on it.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2127U @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3983 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1799 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 454712 MB, Free - 410819 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FXP6Y
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: USB Port on Brand New Dell Laptop Doesn't Work

nope pretty much call dell and let them deal with it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-port-on-brand-new-dell-laptop-doesnt-work.1124876/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I'm not sure where to put this request thought since the Dell Inspiron is running Windows including latest update that there might be a conflict between the desktop and the keyboard down in the nuts and bolts somewhere I can turn the machine on the capslock light comes on SOMETIMES the keyboard works well enough to input the pin to get the desktop booted up Sometimes I have to go through steps to get the touch screen keyboard up in order to input the pin However as soon as the desktop is active the keyboard no longer works I've updated the drivers don't know what else to do When I try a search online for a solution I get differing ideas on how to solve the problem I've tried resetting the BIOS to default settings that didn't work Any and all help will be much appreciated I really need keyboard 15 Dell work when boots doesn't desktop up Inspiron the keyboard to be working my kids do their homework on my laptop Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/dell-inspiron-15-keyboard-doesnt-work-when-desktop-boots-up-1151665.html
Relevancy 59.77%
Relevancy 59.34%

I ran across a old dell computer in a yard sale. It is a Dell 340 workstation.
I was hoping to rob it of some 2700 memory partsfor another pentium 4 dell
but after I got it home I found that it has PC800 memory parts. I guess I bought
the wrong machine here but that is what happens when you take a chance
at yard sales. When was these memory parts produced? This dell is a four slot machine
which only shows slots 1 & 2 working when I have all 4 slots full of menory. Does anyone know the history of this machine and this memory type? Does anyone know how to get all four of my memory chips working in this machine?
Thank you,

Relevancy 59.34%

basicall, my WHOLE problem is mentioned in my title of the board.

it's actually my mom's problem.

i re-installed windows from scratch to see if that fixed it.

but the modem works FINE in XPHome, but then seems to disable itself in XP Pro.

Dell tech support cna't figure this out.

i don't know what to do with my mom's new PC

she's been running it fine on XP home

but when she upgrades to Pro, all hell breaks loose.

We use a broadband ISP (direcway....ewww i hate it, but it gets the job done when you live in hicksville usa....lol)

but you need to activate it (and activate windows) via a modem..and we use dialup as a backup ISP.

my mom can run fine in Home, but she want's Pro to work.

A:New Factory Shipped DELL. when upgrading from XP home to PRO, the modem doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-factory-shipped-dell-when-upgrading-from-xp-home-to-pro-the-modem-doesnt-work.176253/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have connected the Netgear wg5112t card to my Dell Inspiron 1000. The driver is installed. It shows connectivity, but it will not connect to any open networks. Does anyone know any tricks?!! I'm at a loss.

A:Netgear internet card doesn't work- Dell Inspiron 1000

hello & welcome to TSF,

have you tried to configuare the network card ?

you have to tell them what tyou want them to do !!!

also have you tired the built in window network function and configuration utility ?

have you been to the network cards home site to read about setting up the card ?

these questions i need to ask !!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/netgear-internet-card-doesnt-work-dell-inspiron-1000-a-205070.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had a hard drive failure on my XPS 15, I replaced the hard drive, and then reinstalled Windows 10. I reinstalled all of the drivers listed on the XPS15 9530 support page. However, now the integrated web camera does not work. In the drivers list, there is nothing listing a web camera to install. I also tried installing Dell Webcamera Celntral using this download link (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19448019
It also appears that there are some issues within the device manager list (picture below).
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

A:Dell XPS15 9530 - Reinstall Windows 10, Now Integrated Webcam Doesn't Work

Hi,
We're listening. We'll surely try and assist you. I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/1n3X2po
Also, I would suggest you to run the test on Webcam on the system.
1.       Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2
2.       Select ?choose a diagnostics test? under ?Diagnostics? tab.
3.       Select ?Camera?.
4.       Click on ?Test selected devices? button.
5.       Let me know if the results.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993172
Relevancy 58.91%

The previous driver allowed for edge scrolling but latest version does not have the capability.I understand for those upgrading to Windows 8 with touch screen capability this is not an issue but what about us who do not have touch screen. In my opinion this is a major flaw. Please let me hear form you if you too are unhappy about the new Windows 8 Touch pad driver. By the way, I tried rolling the driver back but the previous driver causes serious erratic behavior. Below is a screen shot of the version for the newest Windows 8 Touch Pad driver.

This problem appears on Windows 8.1

A:[Dell touchpad] one finger scrolling feature missing on Windows 8 doesn't work

Try this:
1) Go into c:\program files\DellTPad\
2) In this dir I have
  a)  DellTouchpad.exe: this is the app called from control panel whose picture you posted.
  b)  DellTPad.exe alternate utility to set touchpad setting. When launching this I have this option (translating into english) "one finger actions/multi-finger actions", and then it allows you to set single finger vertical/horizontal scrolling.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19605349
Relevancy 58.91%

My Dell Inspiron Laptop which runs on Windows Vista will not start properly, the screen will go black after loading, this is before i can get to the log on stage. There is only a cursor which i can move.

I then started Startup Repair and it performed the checks, but my computer still wouldn't start. I then tried System Restore which didn't have a backup. I clicked the link to create a backup, but it said 'Your computer is running in a limited diagnostic state'. I have tried running the Windows Vista disk and it doesn't change anything. I have tried every method I know of, but I cannot get my computer working. Is there any other way, if you know please help me.

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop wont start and System Restore doesn't work

One last thing you can try is to press F8 while booting and on the next menu, select the 'Last Known Good' option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-laptop-wont-start-and-system-restore-doesnt-work.956467/
Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having serious issues with a laptop I ve recently acquired Studio Windows SERIOUS Plays Doesn't Invisibly Dell Has Work. 1558 IE Repair Problems. I Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly cannot get the Start Up Repair to work at all It either goes back to the selection option for quot Repair Your PC quot or quot Start Windows Normally quot or loads straight into Windows after being selected and Internet Explorer and annoying ads run invisibly in the background Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly I have a HJT log available Would LOVE to get some help sorting this thing out as it s a pretty good system just seems Loaded down with viruses and SAS MBAM and Avira say there s nothing there Here is the HJT logfile Any help would be GREATLY Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - F D -D E -F B - E-F A F - C Program Files x SocialRibbons LP Toolbar dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO DCA - B FC- - -A CB-C A A A EEC - C Program Files x Common Files FreeCause DCA dca-bho dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - BFE B CB- F - A - - D B F - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar Dogpile Bundle Toolbar - C BDEB - - C -BD -A CCD A - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler Launcher exe O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe User Default user O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - DPF E F FC-BD - CBA-B A- AF D SysInfo Class - http content system... Read more

A:Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===HijackThis is not able to provide accurate information for 64 bit systems.In your case we need to see a DDS Log.I would remove HijackThis using the Add/Remove Programs list.Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.===Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456622/dell-studio-1558-has-serious-problems-windows-repair-doesnt-work-ie-plays-invisibly/
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 56.76%

yes or no ?? will this have a bad effect on the computer ?/ any info is appreciated

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872
Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks
-Ryan

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

parrotrpg1
Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%20A03%20Rev%203%200.pdf
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19459137
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991738
Relevancy 55.9%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986761
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone.

I recently bought an AGP 8x nVidia 7600gt. However, it doesn't fit into my AGP slot. It is loose and I am scared of putting too much force on it that it will dmaage it.

I'm also not aware of what that tag on the end does?

The smaller of the two slots is facing the front of the computer. I'm also thinking that it isn't aligned properly.

Any help?

A:AGP card doesn't fit into slot

Sometimes, certain cards just don't fit on certain boards. I've had to return a couple because they hit against something. A couple other times, I managed to make them fit by shaving off an edge, but this is risky work and no circuit traces can get damaged in the process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-card-doesnt-fit-into-slot.598078/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

Over in notebook review (http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/565905-e6520-owners-thread-14.html#post7512511) we have been exhaustively trying to determine if the "FLASH SATA" port marked on the E6520 motherboard can use an mSATA drive, PCIE SATA drive, etc....

So far, nothing.  So, I am turning to the Dell community in the hopes we can find someone who knows about this slot and its functionality.

The question is simple - as stated above - what types of drives can be plugged into this slot?  Is the interface wired for mSATA, PCIE, or what?

It would be great to have a ~32GB boot drive in this slot, with the primary HD slot reserved for a large mechanical "storage" drive.

I eagerly await any useful information on this topic...

Thanks,

Ran

A:Latitude E6520 "FLASH SATA" port - **what* can be used in this slot???

It is for an m-SATA SSD card.  For example,
www.intel.com/.../solid-state-drives-310-series.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19421764
Relevancy 54.61%

This is the message I get everytime I run the auto detect driver util.
Driver detection not available Please try again later or use the Find it Myself tab to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product.
The laptop I use is 'XPS 15 9550'

A:Dell auto driver detect detect doesn't work any more?

I may be able to help.  I will be sending you a friend request so that I may get your information. 
Please accept the request. 

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980609
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi! I just bought an nvidia geforce mx400 video card off of ebay for an old computer. It is a universal pci card and the computer has a 5v pci slot. When i tried to put the card into the slot it did not fit because the connector on the card is about 1mm too far off to the back of the card. I compared it with another pci card and it actually was a bit off. Does anybody know if that's a defect in the card or is there something I don't know. Thank you!

Relevancy 54.18%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990270
Relevancy 53.75%

other day my computer made loud long Beeps at Post Google listings said dram problem I normally run gb of ram in a - configuration I removed the card from B and then my system started fine with just one card in A wondered if it was just the card its-self so I placed the removed card into slot A still started up fine with just one card original B card installed in A then I placed other card which was originally in slot A into slot B to be memory bad slot B1??? back to - again back to long Beep at Post again as long as i leave B empty then my system starts fine motherboard manual says i have to have a card in A and B for duel channel to work--- right now i only got gb showing on start up page looked at System Device Manager and found a funny thing no yellow markers shown but -----all my Nvidia nForce bad memory slot B1??? Ware slots bad memory slot B1??? show quot no driver installed for this device quot but under the quot driver tab quot each shows the driver name and version listed driver update wizard for each said quot the correct driver software program was installed quot ran quot scan for hardware changes quot --- found nothing here is list ---Direct Memory Access Controller bad memory slot B1??? High Precision Event Timer nForce Memory Controller listed twice Numeric data Processor Nvidia nForce PCI System Management PCI Standard RAM Controller listed times Programmable Interrupt Controller System Timer all with no driver installed but driver name and version listed under driver tab did go to Nvidia and run their motherboard driver tool downloaded recommend program and after install and reboot no changes is my B ram slot problem a side effect of hinky windows os over time or is it just my motherboard dying of old age power supply old age should i do a complete clean reinstall of Vista ran Repair from my OEM disk which says no repairs needed build data---- P N-D ASUS motherboard GB Western Digital blue SATA HD No-Raid Intel socket Core Duo CPU Nvidia DDR GT GPU OCZ DDR mhz RAM running at GB at present time OCZ watt Power Supply Vista OS i built system in with no major problems until now replaced DVD drive and Viewsonic monitor---both quit working over last few years sorry about the edit have new DVD drive and monitor for awhile nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

When inserting memory module on the memory slot it was not aligned properly. When i turn on the power i noticed smoke and i immediatly turned off the power. Removed memory module and half of it was burnt, now my question is the memory slot damaged? Because its slightly burned in the inside slot, could i install a new memory module in that particular slot? or do i have to change the memory slot thats on the mother board?

A:Memory Slot

You are probably lucky if you didn't kill the whole board. The slot is most likely toast. If you were brave enough to try another stick in the same slot, it may not work, or it may burn-up something else. I don't think changing the slot is really an option. Motherboards are not exactly repairable items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-slot.201712/
Relevancy 53.32%

I m installing a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR card which says it ll work in either PCI Express x or x in look PCI x16 doesn't card 1800 Hauppauge right Express slot into a Asus P T motherboard The video card is blocking the single PCI Express x slot so I installed the tv card in the second x slot It didn t look right putting this short card into a long x slot as it was sort of curved over the unused pins When I booted my pc my bios was changed to boot from floppy and dates on my system changed I immediately shut down and pulled the card out after seeing the bios screen My question is Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot should I try and install the tv card in the PCI Express x slot and move my video card to a different x slot as I have two others If so would this require alot of change or would Windows immediately recognize the move and automatically reconfigure OR should I try in the same x slot again and not worry if I m prompted to setup bios again Thanks nbsp

A:Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot

I can't speak to the 1800 tuner, but I have the 1250 and it goes right into the PCI-E x1 slot. I think you have to install the Hauppage drivers before the card, and/or ignore the M$ "found new hardware" wizard. The 1250 is just a single tuner, that the only difference.

The 1250 card is on the same size PC board as the 1800. My board only has one PCI-E x 16 lane, so the the tuner has no other place to go but a PCI-E x 1 slot. It works just fine there. It didn't change the system date.

I don't think it, "doesn't look quite right there, but I had no preconception of how it was supposed to look in the first place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hauppauge-1800-card-doesnt-look-right-in-pci-express-x16-slot.128694/
Relevancy 52.89%

HEY GUYS GREETINGS i just joined earlier today im seriously in need of help my friend ask me to fix his pc i tried to replace the memory with mb ddr with his original memory mb and a mb of ram just then when replacing it and turning it on i heard a huge quot beep quot then i immediately shut the pc down then when i check it up i saw i slot, help Fried memory quot black spot quot on one Fried memory slot, help of the memory slot i figured it out its fried up luckily the mobo has two memory slot only one of the slot had been fried i replaced the two mb with the original ones the problems now is that the pc is kinda slow in starting up showing the bios and showing a quot blue error screen quot after and sometimes restarting over and over again i really need your help guys really really need it im counting on this site for any help you can give thanks raj philippines nbsp

A:Fried memory slot, help

You not only fried the memory slot, you have damaged the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fried-memory-slot-help.128594/