Windows Support Forum

Solved: Changing the Processor of my computer

Q: Solved: Changing the Processor of my computer

I wan to change my Labtops processor to intel i7 but im not sure whether or not my motherboard or if anything supports it
SATELLITE L755-S5244

Thats my computer
http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3025240

I want to upgrade this to 2.8ghz please and thank you for your guys support

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Changing the Processor of my computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.92%

I m looking for an ultraportable laptop for mostly simple tasks but I will also need it Solved: a processor Changing laptop out for more taxing software like photoshop and premiere pro I ve found this Asus UL A-X that will fulfill most Solved: Changing out a laptop processor of my requirements gb of ram under lbs long - hrs battery life but it has a meager Ghz processor The current processor in the machine is the su and I would like to replace that with something like the sl for the extra power I am wondering firstly if it would be physically possible to open the laptop and replace the processor because I have never worked on a laptop before Secondly I am wondering how drastic the effect would be on the hours of advertised battery life I would like it to run for at least hours Lastly would the machine be able to handle the extra heat given off In my search for a laptop this Asus with a faster processor is the best match I can come up with to meet my demanding requirements Of course I would ideally like to purchase a laptop without having to replace parts so any suggestions for a completely different laptop would be even more appreciated than an answer to my processor questions If this isn t possible I think I m going to compromise on the weight for the lb macbook pro quot because it otherwise meets my requirements despite my preference for the windows OS I m lost so thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Solved: Changing out a laptop processor

Laptops have limited upgradeability, and the processor is an area that generally shouldn't be upgraded. Laptops will only support a small set of processor upgrades. If you think you can buy a low-end laptop and pop in a high-end processor, you're seriously mistaken. The board won't handle it. The chassis won't handle it. "Opening" a laptop involves removing dozens of tiny screws of all different sizes and removing many small, fragile, pieces of plastic. Most people lose or damage at least one part when disassembling a laptop. And of course doing so completely voids the warranty, so if you break something, you're out the cost to replace or repair it.

Buy a laptop that actually meets your needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-out-a-laptop-processor.928736/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i want to change my 1.5 processor to my 3.4ghz pentium 4 processor.How can i do it is it as simple as just taking one out and putting the other one in place.Can anyone please explain what the processors look like so i can swap them and where they are located and how to move them.Also ive got an audigy sound card and what to put it into another computer so i dont have any disks or anything to install so how do i do it.And how do i put a dvd rw drive in to replace the old cd rw please explain all of the above thanks for your help.

Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings folks,

I'm looking to change my processor from an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ (Socket 939). I don't intend to change from the current cooling arrangement, but am not sure about the thermal compound. When changing the processor, will I need to get and apply new thermal compound?

Relevancy 52.03%

hey everyone, im changing my processor but i need a bit of help!

currently my processor is a:-

socket 478
CPU Speed : 2.66GHz
Bus Speed: 533MHz
L2 cache speed: 512kb

this is what i am planning to change to:

socket 478 (obviously )
cpu speed: 3.20GHz
Bus Speed: 800Mhz
L2 cache speed 1MB

however, this is what i am worried about.. ive read that To obtain the FSB of your Processor, a compatible motherboard that can support the Bus speed must be used and this is what it says in my mainboard manual:-

"supports socket 478 for P4/celeron processors with 400/533MHz"
AND
"Core Frequency from 1.8GHZ to 2.8GHz and up"

for quote number 1.. does it mean i wont be able to get a bus speed of 800MHz as my motherboard can only support up to 533MHz ?
for quote number 2.. will i be able to get 3.2GHz from this new processor?

thanks in advance!

Relevancy 52.03%

i want to update my processor go from a dual core to a quad core is that possible?

Relevancy 52.03%

I currently have a P-II 266mhz processor. I recieved a P-III 500 mhz processor from a buddy. Can I use this on my Existing board with out frying my computer?

[Edited by kasjr2 on 03-28-2001 at 04:48 PM]

Relevancy 51.6%

Help please.. I would like to change my old Pentium 1 to a pentium 2 chip is this just a straight swap over job or do I have to mess around with the bios?????

A:changing my processor chip?????

You also have to replace the motherboard! The P1 and P2 are totally different chips, and they are not pin compatible. The P2 was usually a slot mounted affair, at least the ones I've used are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-my-processor-chip.134133/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have noticed that my processor, which is a 850 Mhz has been detected lately as a 700 Mhz. Why is this?

Is this the new value? What can I do?? Please help!!

(Info obtained by clicking on Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.)

I use MS Windows 2000.

Help!! Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have problems with my printing jobs. My topic is
http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...tml#post596850
I'm thinking about to change the print processor who actually is HPPRN05 and put in a WinPrint. Do I have to save any system information before? is there any danger to change the printer processor of a TCP/IP network printer connected with another one to the same HPJetDirect?. Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/139846-changing-print-processor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello the unknowing one again I am still upgrading bit by bit my older PC The mobo is a Gigabyte IXE about or so years old I added in a new video card and now I m looking at the processor Gigabyte says the max processor is either an AMD Athlon G FSB or an AMD Duron G FSB http www giga-byte com Motherboard Support CPUSupportList CPUSupportList GA- IXE htm I know that Athlons are supposed to be better performing that the Durons However the only Athlon G I found was on pricewatch and was Local stores have the G Duron but dont carry the Athlon anyways probably gonna go with the G Duron My question is how difficult is it to change a processor I chip Changing a processor was told that its Changing a processor chip as simple as pop old chip out put new chip in but I m always very weary when someone says its simple Any input guides you can recommend Thanks again nbsp

A:Changing a processor chip

I would check ww.Ebay.com for that processor, use this link Ebay 1.4Ghz Athlons . I got an Athlon 1.4Ghz 266Mhz FSB for $42 there about 6 months ago. You would have to be really lucky to find that processor online anywhere else for under $100. Installing a processor is very easy but you have to be careful with the pins on it and when you reinstall the heatsink on it. It literaly is Plug-n-Play. Make sure you use some kind of thermal paste like Artic Silver on top of the processor between it and the heatsink.

P.S. Dont get the Duron, even though its 1.3Ghz your 900Mhz Athlon still outperforms it in most things like games.:grinthumb Also, if a 266Mhz FSB one is cheaper to get you should be able to use that but it will just run at 200Mhz FSB on your motherboard, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-a-processor-chip.7704/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have problems with my printing jobs. My topic is
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/677221-problems-network-printers.html#post5555673
I'm thinking about to change the print processor who actually is HPPRN05 and put in a WinPrint. Do I have to save any system information before? is there any danger to change the printer processor of a TCP/IP network printer connected with another one to the same HPJetDirect?. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-print-processor.694164/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sorry, double post check my other thread please until I find out how to delete my posts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-changing-processor-motherboard.582479/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have an OEM version of Win Pro x DVD I Win License - Motherboard 7 Changing Processor OEM & purchased from Newegg in I installed it Win 7 OEM License - Changing Motherboard & Processor on my Intel DX SO i - which I subsequently upgraded the processor to i - I plan to upgrade my motherboard and processor again to an Intel DX SO i - x I'm also going to replace my Seagate Barracuda GB SATA hdds presently in Intel RST RAID which are out of warranty -year with two new -year warranty Seagate Constellation TB SATA hdds configured in a Marvell RAID mirror I'll use the Barracuda Intel RST RAID volume as my back-up disk Will I have MS license issues when I do a clean install of my OEM Win onto the upgraded system I'm wondering if I'll have activation problems I've changed the motherboard before but with the same processor and model motherboard and there didn't seem to be an issue I've done this with an OEM copy of Win XP in the past and didn't have any issues I'm not installing the same OS product key on more than one system I'm just moving or reinstalling the OS to an upgraded hardware system Regards

A:Win 7 OEM License - Changing Motherboard & Processor

If you change the motherboard to a different model or manufacturer technically the OEM version cannot be activated as it is tied to the motherboard. However, I know Microsoft has made some exceptions.

I'm facing the same thing right now. I suspect a problem with my motherboard. I have another to replace it but it is a different vendor and I'm afraid Microsoft will not activate it. I've considered an "anytime upgrade" from Home to Pro version but I don't know if that will change the OEM version into a full version. So, I'm stuck.

XP was different and the process was much more lenient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340228-win-7-oem-license-changing-motherboard-processor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I am going to change my motherboard, processor and RAM. However, I will be using the same HDD. Is it necessary to re-install the OS after I have set up the rig? I am using the drivers that come with Windows 8, so driver compatibility ought not to be a problem.
Thanks in advance!

A:Keeping old OS while changing mobo and processor

Short answer--New Motherboard=New License Key if you have an OEM OS version. Sorry

The reason is your license key is embedded in your BIOS, and the BIOS is embedded with the MOBO.

If you paid for a license key separately then you can use the OS with the new MOBO but you should do a clean install because all the drivers will be wrong and it probably won't even boot.

EDIT:
You could try to put the drive as-is into the new machine, boot off the Win8 installation media, and do a repair install. This will search for drivers that match the current hardware
Three notes:
1) Clone the drive first so that, in case of damage, you still have your data.
2) You will probably have to phone Microsoft to re-activate the copy of the OS. They've been decent about it with others.
3) If it works, immediately go to the Microsoft Update site and see what updates are needed for the drivers that you just installed

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65266-keeping-old-os-while-changing-mobo-processor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I will be moving to an X38 chipset and a 45nm quad core soon from my E6600 and P965 chipset. Will I need to re-install Vista Ultimate x64?

Relevancy 50.31%

I am thinking about helping my friend install a new motherboard and processor while keeping all of the other components he has. I read on another board that you can go the Device Manager and uninstall everything, swap the board and processor, and then when you boot install the correct drivers.

Is this possible? I don't know if his install of XP is OEM or not. If it is, I think a reformat would be necessary with a non-OEM XP disc.

Any thoughts?

A:When changing motherboard and processor, is XP re-install always required?

mine worked fine when i changed the motherboard and cpu but eventually after backing up my data, i did do a clean installation just to get the kinks out. you dont have to but it is recommended so you can get the most out of your hardware. i did mine backwards for some strange reason, best way would be to backup now and then change the hardware and reinstall.

note my cpu stayed a amd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-changing-motherboard-and-processor-is-xp-re-install-always-required.57124/
Relevancy 50.31%

Current system is a Pent. 2 350...I now have a better Mobo(Abit BF6) and CPU(P3 500) already with it's own case and tested.

I have 2 years+ worth of stuff on the HDD, that I do not wish to re-install and/or download.

What steps should I do 1st? Should I just put my HDD(Seagate 30G), and (AGP)GeForce 2 video card in 1st, let Wiondows(98) "find them" and go from there, or what?

Someone "told me" that I could just take every peripheral and connect them to the new(er) mobo and Windows would "find the new(er) mobo" and "take care of the rest".

What are my best choices...without reformatting?

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Compaq Presario T P Socket here that I am having trouble putting a processor into It came originally with a -MHz that died I put a into it and I got an error on boot that I needed a BIOS update Processor Compaq 8000T Presario Changing in to support the new clocking and I had to press F to continue the boot After that everything worked fine The quot Press F to Continue quot message was annoying so I removed that processor and returned it I later installed a BIOS update and inserted a -MHz The F message is Changing Processor in Compaq Presario 8000T now gone but the is running at MHz Compaq is no help as I didn t get the processor from them The processors aren t available at a reasonable price they are rare and seem to all cost more than a and I just can t seem to bring myself to pay that premium for the chip I considered a -MHz processor but with the problems Changing Processor in Compaq Presario 8000T I ve had with the I m not sure I want to spend over a hundred dollars and find more problems A processor would solve the problem but I can t find them priced reasonably Does anyone here have any suggestions nbsp

A:Changing Processor in Compaq Presario 8000T

Never mind. I found a 2200 at a reasonable price at Spartan Technologies for about $130.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-processor-in-compaq-presario-8000t.225604/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys it's me again! my husband keep buying me new games, Like tomb raider annverisary.and now starcraft 2. My computer is a media center m8417c, win vista,AMD PhenomX3 8400 Triple-core processor 2.1, 640GB,sys memory4096MB (which I'm guessing is 4GB), it came with and chipset NVIDI GeForce 6150SE 430 graphics. which I couldn't even play tomb raider on so I replaced it with GeForce 9500 GT and disabled the 6150. then I could play all the other game and tombraider. now star craft needs 2.4 processor speed. he wants to get a new computer but I just got this one and I like it. can anyone tell me what is the upgrade to the Phenom 64. and is it worth the trouble. I'm not sure I can put in a processor.

Relevancy 50.31%

I've looked through all of the threads and couldn't find this particular issue addressed anywhere. I was wondering if a Computer Processor slowly wears out? I have an old HP 4535 computer. It has a Celeron 400MHz Processor. 256MB SDRAM. I'm running Windows XP SP2. What I mean is, as my Computer gets older will the Processor no longer run at 400Mhz and start running slower, say at 300MHz or 200MHz? I've noticed lately (the last year or so) that I am barely able to run two programs at the same time. That was not the case when the computer was newer. Lack of Memory does not seem to be the problem.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey this is my first post i recently bought a pc for 50 dollars second hand i had no idea what was in it or the specs and they were bad really bad.

i was going to upgrade the processor from a Via c3 795AMhz to a intel core duo like the one in this ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Intel-Core-2...iewItemQQptZAU_Components?hash=item2558310243

the computers motherboard specs are in the picture below
also if you guys can tell me what would be the fastest core/processor campatible please tell me thanks, flyer0101.

Note: i was not sure where to post this i looked around and this seemed reasonable.

A:Solved: Upgrade Computer Processor

An Intel core duo would not be compatible with the motherboard. And the VIA C3 processors are soldered directly to the motherboard so upgrading it to anything at all is not an option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrade-computer-processor.895367/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Study Guide with questions in Microsoft Works Word Processor and I wanted to fill in the answers in a different font and color. But every time I click the question I want to answer, it automatically changes to the font and color of the question. So I have to type the answers and then highlight it and change the font and color manually. I have a ton of questions to answer and it is getting to be really time consuming to have to go back and change them all manually. Is there a way to set the font and color to be locked and never change even if I click a word or line that has a different font and color?

A:Microsoft Works Word Processor Font keeps changing

Just like Word, each area can have its own font and other settings.

You are going to have to put up with this, as the author did not set up the study guide to be used in this manner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor-font-keeps-changing.949341/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 49.45%

My daughter gave her little sister here old laptop. She wants to take her sisters name off the computer. How do I change the user and or owner name on the laptop. It is running windows vista.

A:[SOLVED] changing name on computer

should be able to do that in control panel-users

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-changing-name-on-computer-722209.html
Relevancy 48.59%

At present I have dial up. I would like to get wireless high speed. My present computer is a used one and i would like to get a new one with windows 7. I am paid up until July for the dial-up and I would like to keep it till then, to give me time to adjust to the new one and would also use the wireless. Since I can't keep my email address, how do I get, my web sites that have my email address for the user name, like MySpace etc.? I can't keep my old SP, they don't have high speed in this area. Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

Is it possible to change the computer name remotely? I tried a remote desktop connection and after I entered the Admin username and password I got a message that I couldn't have multiple connections to the same shared resource. Anyhow it was unsucessful. I can currently use psexec to run command line programs on remote computers, but I can't run any UI programs. Is there a way to get the computer to change it's name either through a command-line program or through computer management? I can run computer management on the domain controller and connect to the remote computer that way. I can also connect to the registry of the remote computer from the domain controller. I have the clients set up to only allow the domain controller access to the remote registry and computer management so that there isn't a hugh security risk.

Relevancy 48.59%

I like the new pages, I have been looking at my computer specs which are way out of date, can anyone tell me how to change them. Thanks.

A:Solved: changing computer specs

Go to your account. Edit Details. Bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-computer-specs.710084/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Windows XP Pro SP and version of Works Now when I start up the Works word processor and I use the quot Open quot function it always opens in quot My Documents quot When I use quot WordPad quot it opens in the last folder used Is there a way to make the Works word processor act like this If not is there a way to change the default opening folder Also is there a way to change the default location where a file is saved Also since this is closely related I ll ask this When you use the Open function in the Works wp you get the quot Open quot dialog box At the bottom there is a drop down box called quot Files of type quot It always opens with quot Works Document wps If you click the drop down box one of the options is quot All Files Is there a way to change Changing default opening Works the in the folder/directory word processor it to this Thanks royeo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-opening-folder-directory-in-the-works-word-processor.593339/
Relevancy 48.59%

well im at the beginning of a new build and after researching some things i ve come choices questions- initial computer New processor build- Solved: to a point where i have a few questions before can proceed i think i ve settled onto using a pentium even though i will be using the rig mainly for gaming I want to stick to a moderate budget definitely under lower the better but without too much compromise first do i really need a bit processor right now in order for my system to have really good performance and for my system not to become out of date in a short while i think i ve figured that the pentium D is out of my budget range as well as the pentium Extreme edition what i dont know is WHAT is the difference between P with HT and P with HT Extreme Edition As far as price im confused as to how they are listed on like newegg is pentium E the extreme model if thats the case the E doesn t seem to be too much more expensive but i would like to know what the difference is graphics card ive been looking at nvidia gt good reviews moderate price is it a good card or is it Solved: New computer build- initial questions- processor choices considered or shortly will be quot lower class quot video card the gt is much pricer is it worth it not to be out of date in both cases i was thinking of using PCIe instead of AGP b c all the new mother boards have that and even though Solved: New computer build- initial questions- processor choices the gfx cards aren t really utilising the extra bandwith its wise to go Solved: New computer build- initial questions- processor choices ahead and get a mobo with pcie and such now correct does nvida work welll with penitums than amds- just something i heard powersupplies is tagan a good brand any experience they are pretty cheap i was thinking of going with antec solid performance but need to save some money somewhere recommendations edit cheap i mean inexpensive but anyone know about reliablility i know antec is good but a bit pricey x mb ram - whatever goes with the mobo after i pick a processor dvdburner etc im most interested in hearing comments about processor and diff types and some sort of recommendation in mobo to go with i dont want to spend alot but i dont want to be outdated suggestions on all parts welcomed good cheap brands too TIA ps if u need anymore info from me just ask nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I m a little confused about what s going on with my PC Basically recently processor Changing extreme it :S Dell noise temps. state Inspiron 530 and fan reduces my Dell Inspiron Vista Home has been extremely noisy When I m just on the desktop there is almost no noise the fans are silent However when I play almost any game visit a site such as google maps open Microsoft Outbox or almost any other program that is a little bit tough on the system resources the fan noise increases from silent to the noisiest it could possibly be in a matter of seconds It almost seems like it s all or nothing with the fan noise it either makes no noise at all or makes a horrendous noise Dell Inspiron 530 extreme fan noise and temps. Changing processor state reduces it :S when I run just about any program All these programs never before caused Dell Inspiron 530 extreme fan noise and temps. Changing processor state reduces it :S the fan to make such a loud noise I decided to use SpeedFan to try and work out the problem There are some unusual things I have observed When I open a simple java browser game Runescape in this case the Temp reaches C This is simply on the start screen not playing the game at all However this is what really confuses me and I m sure you can make sense of it When I go to the quot Power Options quot in Control Panel click quot Change plan settings quot and go to the quot Processor power management quot section it gives me the option to change the quot Maximum processor state quot This was previously at so I changed it to and changed the quot Mininum processor state quot to Magically the sound dissappeared The Runescape start screen gave me very little fan noise and there was no noticable difference to the performance of the game If anything it ran smoother Even though Vista told me my performance should now be reduced And whats more Speedfan tells me the Temp is at a mere C So changing these settings caused a reduction of C and gave me almost silent fans from deafening ones What is going on S So I now don t have the crazy fan noise but I don t understand why I had to change the processor state options to reduce it I ve had this PC for years with it on for both min and max processor state and it has previously been fine no excessive noise This is a good temporary fix but I m worried there may be something wrong with my processor like it is reading the temperatures wrong or for some reason just pushing the fan to go fast unnecessarily Also I don t even understand what I have changed and is it safe to run the PC on these lowered settings The control panel tells me that from reducing the processor state I should now have reduced performance but I don t see any Or is this just because I am not running the really intense programs that require the full processor I d really appreciate any advice help as I m just really confused right now and not sure if I should replace the fan power source or if it s something more serious like with the processor Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 530 extreme fan noise and temps. Changing processor state reduces it :S

quick question have you tried opening up your pc and looking inside the fan and cleaning it out? that can sometimes be a cause of nosiy fans try using a vacumme cleaner and cleaning out the fan if that doesnt help then im not to sure what is wrong with it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-530-extreme-fan-noise-and-temps-changing-processor-state-reduces-it-s.935494/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all So I have an old ABIT KT E mobo in an old computer that had various hardware errors and when I finally fixed everything Changed the CPU the hsf reseated the RAM properly reseted the BIOS it decided to successfully start up However every time I start it up I get the annoying quot Press F to continue quot message which can be fixed in BIOS just by setting everything to default however whatever setting in BIOS I try to set after wont POST Solved: changing BIOS in Computer settings the computer wont POST after saving the settings and restarting The settings I ve tried are Change the CPU Solved: Computer wont POST after changing settings in BIOS clock set boot order set optimized defaults set fail-safe defaults Even if Solved: Computer wont POST after changing settings in BIOS I go to setup and set nothing up after saving the quot settings quot lol it wont POST up Not even a singe beep code It s really annoying because I can t boot from disk and I also can t put the proper CPU clock to skip the annoying quot Press F quot message The thing that is the most annoying is that every time I save the BIOS setup settings I have to reseat the CMOS battery and clear the CMOS in order to start the computer up Does anyone have a clue why is this happening Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay.. here is one of those stupid simple things I never had to do before and can't figure out how to do it.. I know it's basic.. but .. I self taught so my training skipped around a lot.. sorry!

Basically I did a graph for a yearly set of values, not yet filled in.

My boss wants these charts to show percentages through 100% even blank, but it keeps defaulting to 0.something ranges.

For the life of me I cannot remember how to do this and on my search of the site was harry in trying to figure out a decent search range. Any help is most sincerely appreciated. I have a feeling it wil be a smack my head kind of thing.

Thank you!

Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday I bought a new mother board for my PC my Processor model is AMD Athlon II X3 440 Triple Core Processor, but after changing Mother Board in system information it's showing my Processor as AMD Phenom II 4 B40 four core processor. I don't know why it is showing like this. Is this dangerous for my hardware? I used AM2N68-AM PLUS before and now I changed M5A78L-M LX. Except this every thing else is perfect.

A:Processor info is showing wrongly in system info after changing MB

It's not dangerous, but I believe you can get it to display correctly. All you have to do is open Device Manager, right-click each entry for the CPU and choose Uninstall. When you're finished, reboot and then open Device Manager up when it's done rebooting and check the CPU again. It should be showing up correctly after that, but if not then we'll go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276482-processor-info-showing-wrongly-system-info-after-changing-mb.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Dual Ram Out And And Start Keep Up Ram With Running A Processor Computer Computer Of 4 Gig Of Slow At Scan saved at AM on Platform Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer Windows XP SP Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system AstSrv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE C Program Files Common Files Hewlett-Packard HP Device Communication Services Appinterfaces HPDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Common Files Hewlett-Packard HP Device Communication Services AppInterfaces HPDeviceHost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM ... Read more

A:Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:44:32 PM, on 11/13/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nTrayFw.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2H1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Device Communication Services\Appinterfaces\HPDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Device Communication Services\AppInterfaces\HPDeviceHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Wcescomm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\rapimgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AstSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Emunah\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.469\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Compa... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115658/slow-computer-at-start-up-and-keep-running-out-of-ram-with-4-gig-of-ram-and-a-dual-processor-computer/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a dell dimension c521 with an amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ @2.6ghz and i was wondering when i received the computer i look at my computer and right clicked properties to see my spec and for some reason the clock speed was fluctuating everytime i clicked properties from 989mhz to 2.6ghz(which it should be) to 1.8ghz and so on and i was wondering should it be doing this seeing that my dads dell computer with dual core intel processor doesnt fluctuate at all like this. I have been on other forums and they have said that amd processors are supposed to do this but even so my nans computer has an amd processor and that doesnt fluctuate either doesnt make sense to me (my nans computer is about 4 yrs old) plz write back thank you

A:my new computer processor

Go into Control Panel under Power Management. Is the Cool and Quiet feature enabled? Not really sure if it will give you such variations in the CPU frequency, but it's worth checking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-new-computer-processor.601287/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium When I right click on my computer to show properties it claims that the processor and memory ram is not available I ve had guests staying with me who are less than computer savvy and have d led yahoo messenger which I m still trying to get off my bleeping has ram nor it how processor much computer what it has won't tell me computer I m sure they ve d led some stupid smiley face crap that s infected my computer Plus computer won't tell me what processor it has nor how much ram it has I ve had something odd happen on start up a few days ago The computer didn t start up but instead when to start up repair I let that go for a good half hour before canceling The computer shut itself down and I started it up again No computer won't tell me what processor it has nor how much ram it has problems but I did get this error message Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP A A BCP B B BC BCP B B B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Alicia AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Alicia AppData Local Temp WEREB tmp version txt No idea what that is I do have AVG free and I am currently running a slow scan and telling it to look everywhere including hidden files No idea if I have to change settings on windows itself Looking at my AVG scan I ve got tracking cookies out the ass from playsushi game site ad brite o no idea mediaplex the list is going on So I m sure one of these morons has been d l crap from popcap like sites and filling up the computer with bleep I imagine I ll have to do a systems restore I don t have the cd for vista I haven t done a restore ever Please let me know if anything that needs to be done will erase pictures and documents Sorry for the language I m not very computer savvy I do know what registry keys are and I don t feel comfortable screwing around with them Thanks for reading appreciate any help Update AVG found tracking cookies and ad ware Computer still claims that processor and Ram are not avalible

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390370/computer-wont-tell-me-what-processor-it-has-nor-how-much-ram-it-has/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi how do i find out the name of my computer processor. and also is there any websites or stuff you can find out whats the specs for motherbords and stuff so if i wanted to upgrade parts i would need to know if the motherboard will allow it.

A:Computer Processor help!

You can right click on "Computer" and go to "Properties" and the subsequent page that opens, will show you the brand and model of your CPU, assuming your computer is running.
If it is not, please tell us what the situation is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545852/computer-processor-help/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi i need to buy a new desk top computer my old one is a dinosaur now but i was thinking maybe we are due for pentium any time now is that true if not which is the best processor to buy intel and amd also is it worth buying the top end model or a slightly cheaper one sort of price versus output thing is it what buy new need processor computer to worth trying to build my own i am dying to try it i think i would be able to manage it with a little help from this forum if i get need new computer what processor to buy stuck or just buy a ready one i travel to malaysia every year and singapore so all the hardware is pretty cheap over there also anybody know what is up and coming in the future so that i can look ahead every time i buy a new computer just after something new comes out that i havent foreseen and either have to upgrade or cannot upgrade any kind of advice would be helpful nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hoping to get some advice on whether it makes sense to upgrade the processor on this computer, or to dump it all and build a new computer. We do some gaming, like Assassin's Creed, but nothing really graphics intense. This computer was originally a custom built system.

Computer:
Motherboard: ASUS A8NS NF4SLI S939 pin
Processor: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core, 4400+, 2.21 GHZ
RAM: 3 GB
Video Card: ASUS GN 9500 GT
HDD 36 GB 10KRPM 8mb SATA - WD Internal (runs main operating Windows XP)
HDD 250K 7200 RPM
HDD 1 TB WD (External)

Is it possible to upgrade with this current motherboard (set up for an AMD Athlon) to one of the new AMD quad core type processors? If not, should I just abandon this computer and build a new one? Any suggestions on a mid level computer for gaming, video streaming, and linking to house entertainment system?
thanks

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex GX280 you can find the full detailed specs of this computer here http://review.zdnet.com/Dell_OptiPlex_GX280/4505-3118_16-30998912.html

And I wanted to know if this processor will work with it?

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80851&prodlist=shopping

If not, are there any dual core processors that will work with it?
What Processors would you guys recomend, I want this to be a gaming computer. Thanks

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello and thanks for the 1% dead processor-computer almost is help-In the past week my xp pro has been having terrible problems Multiple times it has booted into a disk scan many event viewer logged events of corrupt files I ran hijack this and had to boot into my windows disk because I could not access the internet from xp pro service pack Dual processor gigs of ram Anyways I will attach the log from hijack this 1% processor-computer is almost dead scan -- and thanks again Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials 1% processor-computer is almost dead MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by BIGSTANGR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exeO - HKLM Run Conime windir system conime exeO - HKLM Run MSSE quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe quot -hide -runkeyO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run RocketDock quot C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t U... Read more

A:1% processor-computer is almost dead

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301650/1-processor-computer-is-almost-dead/
Relevancy 39.99%

i have a Dell Inspiron 530. its a dual core. i was thinking of trading my computer in and getting a quad core computer.. ive already tried over-clocking it, wont do it. is there a quad processor that will interchange into my computer?

A:Is there a quad processor available for my computer??

Hi tampa6969,

Checking the specifications reveals that you can install a quad-core processor into your system if it is either 530, 530a, or 530c model. Unfortunately, I could find no indication as to which particular processors are supported.

See Documentation

Click on Appendix and then Specifications.

Also, try their Forums: Search Results - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269369-there-quad-processor-available-my-computer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

Just purchased a new processor for my PC, after messing about with removing the fan (Arctic Cooler 7) and fitting the new processor, refit the fan and now when I turn the PC on it all kicks in then shuts down again after 2 - 3 seconds.

Following this it boots back up and repeats over and over until I finally turn it off at the power.

I went out and picked up some thermal paste, unscrewed the fan again (what a bitch), put some paste down and fitted everything back together. Same problem.

I have read up on some topics around the net and it could be any one of a billion things, just hoped somebody may have experienced the same thing and have some insight, thanks

Computer Spec:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 Ghz
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb DDR3 RAM (2x4Gb)
Asus DDR3 Mobo
XFX Radeon HD 5450 1024Mb
Windows 7 Ultimate

A:Computer not booting up - New processor

You may have damaged the CPU, or you have not properly applied the thermal paste, or the new CPU itself is DOA (Dead On Arrival). Most likely it's the CPU being DOA. The reason why I think this is because your CPU shouldn't be overheating so quick to trigger the overheating safety mechanism, and unless you damaged the CPU during installation, it'd have to be DOA. It happens.

When you applied the thermal paste, did you make sure to properly remove any existing paste prior to doing so? In addition, have you applied a thin, even layer of the paste? You may wanna do it over again just to make sure. While you're at it, you should pull out the CPU and check to see if there aren't any cracks or bent pins. If there is a bent pin, bending it back most likely will not work and you will have to have it replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224086-computer-not-booting-up-new-processor.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently bought a used computer from my girlfriend's work. It is a Dell Dimensio 8100 with a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and 128 Mb RAM (working on XP). The computer was completely wiped out with just XP and office installed. I realize this is not the ideal RAM to be running XP on, but it seems to be fine for just opening and using the internet (which is really all I'll be using it for). However, I came into some issues while opening video. For example, I was on youtube.com and tried to open a video, but i waited over 10 minutes before I gave up. Is this result of the slow processor or the lack of RAM? I read that increasing RAM to 512 might not even help with video if the Pentium is so slow. Should I just give up on it and just use it for simple internet use, or will upgrading the RAM help me with my problems?

A:Help With New Computer Ram Vs. Processor Speed!

It to me sounds like you use a dial up connection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51997/help-with-new-computer-ram-vs-processor-speed/
Relevancy 39.99%

My motherboard: Acer WMCP78M (Socket AM2 )
The NEW Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition, 4x 3.0GHz, boxed

So...I start the computer, i hear the beep sound and Acer startup thing... Then comes the fast text as usually after that comes in the left upper corner '' _ '' And nothing else. So...Where is the problem?
PS. My bad english sorry for that & i don't know if this is right category and i'm doing this first time.

A:New processor, computer won't boot up

If you are refering to your Laptop

The chips used to run on there boards are limited most of the time there non upgradable

Im pretty sure that is where the problem is also you would have to update the bios if any is available that would mention supporting such a chip

I would read what you are actually able to upgrade most of the time it will be just RAM or HD/SSD Hope this helps you understand where the fault might be

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/231938-new-processor-computer-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Looking For a Processor Upgrade Of My Old Computer My current PC specs System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD System Model DeskTop System Samsung ZEUS- R g System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD ABX HJU SMBIOS Version Chipset Intel P G Package Socket LGA Manufacturer s site haven t anything related to my motherboard because now it is end of its life and very old I Looking Of My Computer. a Processor For Old Upgrade think it haven t any BIOS updates since I tried to upgrade to a Intel Core Duo E GHz processor but my motherboard not recognizes and CPU Cooler is running at full speed But my old processor still works I understood what went wrong is my chipset not suppert E according to Intel website So Can I upgrade my processor to a Intel Core Quad Q GHz one Please advice because I don t like to waste my money on processors I like to know what processor will my motherboard recognize The image Looking For a Processor Upgrade Of My Old Computer. of my motherboard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-processor-upgrade-of-my-old-computer.1166444/
Relevancy 39.99%

I've Reset the CMOS, Configured the Jumpers about Four times now.

Would anyone Mind Helping me?

A:My Computer won't Post after getting a New Processor.

Processor c/o requires a Windows Repair, to avoid corruption (hopefully not done yet)

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

You will need your Windows Key (and disc!)
You do not lose any data (normally)
You may need to re-activate
You will need to do your Windows Updates again (presently SP3 from MS)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-post-after-getting-a-new-processor.105928/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a 1.7ghz processor and 256mghz Ram. I have cleaned out the old programs, run defrag, scan disk and windows cleanup and it's still runs slow. I've virus checked it. Ran adware.
Is there a way to tell if the Ram is bad? or the processor is going bad?
Any suggestions or if you need to know any else please let me know.
Thanks

A:How can you tell if your Ram or Processor is going bad? My computer is slow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-you-tell-if-your-ram-or-processor-is-going-bad-my-computer-is-slow.615680/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,My Laptop is running slow over the past few weeks and i have found that i have to wait atleast 5-6 seconds before a folder opens in the file explorer which is extremely annoying and time seeking... Any help regarding this ?

A:Computer Slow Despite i5 Processor and 8GB Ram

change your view to small icons see if it works ;

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334737-computer-slow-despite-i5-processor-8gb-ram.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Packard Bell NEC PB13318701
System Serial Number: 048359220340
Chassis Serial Number: 50424E
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor*a
Main Circuit Board*b
2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded
Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL MS-7168 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080012 07/20/2005

or
Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United Kingdom)
Compaq Presario 061 EP103AA-ABU SR1709UK GB610 0nx0411RE101AMETM00
System Serial Number: CNN6010GV9
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor*a
Main Circuit Board*b
1.80 gigahertz AMD Sempron
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded
Board: AMETHYST-M 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.40 12/13/2005

A:Which computer has a better motherboard/processor?

The AMD Athlon 64 2.20 GHz processor is faster and will out-perform the low-end and slower AMD Sempron 1.80 GHz processor.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-computer-has-a-better-motherboard-processor.980963/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just replaced my old processor ( AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz) with a AMD Athlon XP HD 2800 (2.083 Ghz) but in the Bios it is still showing as the old processor, it also shows as the old one on boot up.

Did I maybe install it wrong or do I ned to contact the provider of the processor about them sending me the wrong processor?

A:Computer not recognizing new processor

Did you make sure that the motherboard was compatible with the new CPU? You may need to update the bios in order for the new CPU to be seen. Did you try resetting the bios to it's defaults?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-recognizing-new-processor.165381/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey there I have not posted in a year I must be crazy to forget your help Anyway my HOME computer P Ghz is not booting I am wondering if it is my motherboard or my processor Here are the current MB booting, or post, Computer No not Processor? specs P Ghz SDRAM Gig hard drive New and working for weeks Motherboard is An ECP Elitegroup model p vxasd Sunday I was working along and it froze for the first time since I reinstalled my OS with my new hard drive Since then it will not boot not even POST Here is what I have tried so far Reset BIOS by pulling the battery - No change Pulled each device and tried to start after each NIC RAM all drives After pulling the RAM and or the Video card AGP X no warning beeps as to these devices being out of the board I have had successfull boot in days and after logging in and checking the internet after minutes it locked up again and has been dead ever since One Computer not booting, No post, MB or Processor? more wierdness I get a steady HD light but no power light and all fans are running Thanks if you need more info please let me know nbsp

A:Computer not booting, No post, MB or Processor?

http://forums.techguy.org/t352970.html

try readin this, i got some great tips & help , hope it helps you a little

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-booting-no-post-mb-or-processor.365142/
Relevancy 39.13%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently bought a new heatsink to overclock my processor and when i do a overclock on amd overdrive it freezes my computer. any suggestions?

A:Computer freezes when trying to overclock processor

I know that you are asking how to overclock and not freeze, to that I cannot give you answer. I can present you with the methods to help prevent freezing, one of which is not to overclock. Perhaps one of the other suggestions may be of help

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Yet other suggestions
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ml#post1131640

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dce3e9; COLOR: #dce3e9" color=#dce3e9 SIZE=1>

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286891-computer-freezes-when-trying-overclock-processor.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am an above average computer user and gamer. I built my own computer in October and everything has worked flawlessly from October-February.

Recently my computer has started freezing. First there is a brief pause, followed by some lag, and then everything freezes for about 10-20 seconds. After the freeze everything works perfectly again. After watching the task manager during the freeze, I've noticed two different scenarios. Right before the computer freezes, the % of processor used goes to 100% or more commonly 0%.

I have an Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor.

Here are a few examples of what is going on, taken right after the computer unfreezes.

Software, Hardware, Bios, Chipset, Overheating?

I have tried reformatting and nothing changed. There are no common programs open and running at the time the computer freezes.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-jumps-to-0-or-100-computer-freezes.907486/
Relevancy 39.13%

I think some water may have gotten into the tower when my cup fell off my table, not much but some drops. After that, I can't seem to get it to post. The screen just stays black and the monitor light flashes.

When I remove the RAM there's no beeping, and after being on for a while the processor stays cold but the processor and video card fans are still on. When I remove the video card, it just does the same thing.

The only time it doesn't do that is if I unplug the hard drive, then it just doesn't turn on at all. I was thinking it's either the motherboard or processor but I don't want to replace one and have it still not work. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

A:Computer sounds like it's on but processor cold.

It would be more difficult for the CPU to be damaged by a bit of water, than it would for the mobo to be damaged, but it depends on how much water actually entered your computer.

It's also possible that water shorting out one component could cause others to burn-out as well. First, try to install your processor in another computer with the same Socket. If it works, than your mobo is probably fried. Or your memory could be fried as well, without swapping components it will be more difficult to narrow down the problem.

Another culprit could be a corrupt or fried BIOS chip causing the PC not to boot, but it's most likely something larger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-sounds-like-its-on-but-processor-cold.931002/
Relevancy 39.13%

Better a amd quad core to play or an Intel ...hummm

A:AMD or Intel as a computer processor for gaming ¿?

That's too general in my opinion. Could you be a bit more specific? If you're planning on a new rig read http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic133075.html

Should answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-or-intel-as-a-computer-processor-for-gaming-%C2%BF.133587/
Relevancy 39.13%

When I try to install Sp2 it locks the computer up on a blue screen when it restarts to finish install. The blue screen has a stop 0x00000024 or something like that message. Looking into it I've found these web pages that are relavent to my problem:http://cquirke.mvps.org/sp2intel.htmhttp://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228888http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885626/I follow all the instructions which led me to a test from intel to see what type of processor I have or something like that. It just gave me an error: CRC ErrorNot really sure where to go from here. I don't have any spyware or adware or worms. My computer HAS been recently reinstalled of windows. And I did recently replace my processor. I changed from the standard 1.7 ghz processor that came with the computer to a 1.8 ghz I have a Dell Dimension 4400 with Windows XP Home Edition. Thanks so much.--->Rick

A:Sp2 Locks Up Computer On Restart Looks Like Processor Help!

Is your processor a "Prescott" and if so, does the bios you have support it?

Have you updated the bios?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67911/sp2-locks-up-computer-on-restart-looks-like-processor-help/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hope my title covers this problem well... My friend had a desktop computer with 5 gb of RAM and it died due to (a power surge?) something.. Anyway, he got it fixed by this guy, and now he noticed it used to be 64 bit, but now is 32. He also noticed running games is SLOW. It also now has 4 GB instead of 5...

We think it's slow because the RAM was built for 64 bit and not 32, but we're not completely sure. I'm not an expert with hardware, so can anyone help us with this?

We don't know his processor before it was fixed, bit now it's AMD athlon II X2 215. He's running Win7.

A:Computer fixed; Processor was 64 bit, now 32 bit; SLOW

They installed the wrong version of Windows, 32 bit version of Windows only supports 4GB's of RAM(actually its 3.25GB's of usable RAM). He needs to have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 reinstalled to allow him to use all his RAM and that should speed him up as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-fixed-processor-was-64-bit-now-32-bit-slow.1009840/
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently bought a new heatsink to overclock my processor and when i do a overclock on amd overdrive it freezes my computer. any suggestions?

A:Computer freezes when trying to overclock processor

I know that you are asking how to overclock and not freeze, to that I cannot give you answer. I can present you with the methods to help prevent freezing, one of which is not to overclock. Perhaps one of the other suggestions may be of help

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

Yet other suggestions
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ml#post1131640

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/286891-computer-freezes-when-trying-overclock-processor.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I've had the computer for about 2 years and now it suddenly will not boot up. All the fans of the computer power up as normal and i believe i can hear the hard drive starting up, but still nothing happens. I have not changed anything since i got it, nor have i recently downloaded anything. so I tested my monitor on another computer to eliminate a monitor issue, i proceeded to have my graphics card replaced by warranty and installed the new graphics card(same model) with still no improvement. My next suspicion would be the processor, but im not sure my current specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Board D865PERL
Processor: Intel Pentium 4
Memory: 200g
Ram: 8g(Kingston 2g x4)
PSU:400W
Graphis Card: BFG NVDIA 6200OC 256mb
Operating System: Windows XP Pro

if there is any more information needed please let me know and i will do my best to give them to you.

Relevancy 39.13%

I have a tyan trinity i845e/s2099 mobo which I had a p4 1.7 ghz and upgraded to a p4 3.06. My mobo supports hyper threading and a front side bus of 533. My problem is that after installing the new 3.06 processor it boots sooo slow now and would take forever to get on the internet. The processor came with a thermal pad which i used instead of thermal paste. I will be very greatful for Any help with this.

Relevancy 39.13%

I recently found out that the computer I purchased from Gateway that is suppose to have a Pentium lll processor in it does not have that. It has a Pentium ll processor. At first Tech support told me that sometimes the system information will say it's a Pent ll but it really has a Pent lll. I find that hard to believe. Although my computer is 5 years old, I did not get what I paid for. Instead of being one generation behind in processors,I am now two generations behind.

Do I have any recourse with Gateway at this late date?
whizkidder

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi All I have a HP computer which I want to upgrade the processor in The model of the HP is an a a Desktop specifications for it can be found here https h www hp com ewfrf wc roduct According to HP documentation I can upgrade as far as an Intel E however my friend has just given me an E the irony Here is a link to the processor capabilities of my HP https h www hp com my to in Want upgrade the HP processor Desktop Computer ewfrf wc roduct The processor is the right socket type however there is a chance that the motherboard BIOS will not support the Want to upgrade the processor in my HP Desktop Computer instruction set of the E I noticed that the motherboard is an ECS GCT-HM Livermore and for all intents and purposes it looks like an ECS GCT-M V - the only exception being that the quot -M quot has both an AGP and a PCIe Slot Would it be possilbe to Want to upgrade the processor in my HP Desktop Computer use a BIOS upgrade from the ECS website if my HP struggles when I install the E ECS Web Site Any advice will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

A:Want to upgrade the processor in my HP Desktop Computer

Hmm, tough one!

I tried to find more information beyond what you found out, maybe even a newer BIOS, but came up empty. Whether or not your E4400 will work is really hard to say.

What I can tell you is: it's worth a try. It won't be damaged even if the BIOS doesn't accept it; worst case you'll simply have to find an E4300 or go back to your current processor.

The other option - flashing your BIOS with one provided by ECS for the "M" (not "HM") motherboard - similarly may or may not work. But if it doesn't then you'll have bricked your system and be unable to ever get it working again unless you have some built-in BIOS recovery option.

A third option would be having an experienced person modify your existing BIOS and try to add support for CPUs beyond the E4300. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I know of a forum where you can submit a request to have such a mod done. Of course, again this is completely at your own risk as you'll have to flash the modified BIOS on good faith that it'll work (they can't test it for you). http://bios-mods.com/

Out of curiosity, which CPU do you currently have installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200379-want-upgrade-processor-my-hp-desktop-computer.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I understand that if I buy a new computer with a a fast Intel Skylake processor, I can not run any operating system except Windows 10. In other words, I can not run Windows 7 or 8.1. Is that so and why? Thanks for any answers you all have. Brad

A:New computer with Intel Skylake processor

Hi, Brad: You can install W7, 8.1, and W10 as long as there is driver support for the notebook you plan to buy. The problem with the Skylake chipset is there is no native USB2 support, and there is no USB3 support in the windows 7 installation media.  So the media errors out stating a required CD/DVD driver is missing (which is the only error it knows how to report when that happens). If you plan on running W7, what you have to do is to run this tool which puts the USB3 drivers into the W7 USB installation media.  There is a readme file on the link with instructions for using the tool or converting a W7 installation DVD into a W7 installation flash drive. The tool has to be run on a PC with W8.1 or W10. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility There are many forum posts regarding this issue and the USB creator tool is the solution.  Here's two for example. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Problem-installing-Win7-on-ProBook-440-G3-HDD-... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-installing-Win7-Pro-on-P...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-computer-with-Intel-Skylake-processor/td-p/5819408
Relevancy 39.13%

I understand that if I buy a new computer with a a fast Intel Skylake processor, I can not run any operating system except Windows 10. In other words, I can not run Windows 7 or 8.1. Is that so and why? Thanks for any answers you all have. Brad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/New-computer-with-Intel-Skylake-processor/td-p/5819398
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently bought a new quad core (Q9400) processor, and a new motherboard that supports it (Biostar G41-M7). But my computer wont boot when I have the video card (ATI HD4850) installed. without the video card in there everything works fine, but when I put the video card in and start it up the fans turn on but at a reduced speed and it doesn't seem to do anything, no output on the monitor or anything.

Initially I thought it was a power supply problem, even though I was pretty sure the old power supply could handle it I went out and bought a brand new 750 watt power supply but the problem still remains. I am totally lost on this one and don't know what could possibly be wrong, and I've come here for help is there any solution to this dilemma??

A:New processor, computer wont boot

The best way to trouble shoot this issue would be to do two things. 1. Test the system with a differnt video card. 2. Test your current video card with another PC to make sure it's good. Which ever one doesn't work is your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-processor-computer-wont-boot.906259/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Dell XPS 410 Computer. My computer is a Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 1.80 GHZ, 1.79 GHZ 1 GB of ram computer. Is it worth it to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to a at least 2.5 or 3.0 if possible. I not into buying a new computer right now, as I want to save my money to get a new laptop computer instead.

What would be the best option out there. Any help would be great.

A:Upgrading processor for my Dell XPS 410 computer

If you can find a Q6600 or Q6700, those are the only two quad core processors that will work in your PC. All other quad core processors are 1333 MHz and requires a motherboard that supports the frequency.

XPS 410 Processor Upgrade
Dell XPS 410/9200 Processor Upgrade
Just remember the motherboard you have does not support processors with a 1333 MHz FSB. Make sure if you buy a CPU upgrade, it has either a 800 MHz or 1066 MHz FSB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-processor-for-my-dell-xps-410-computer.185479/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello

Recently my computer has been turning itself off halfway through burning DVDs or playing games on or off line.

Iv looked at the window task manager while burning DVDs and it shows the processor working at approx %65. If I connect to the internet that sometimes reached %100.

The computer is approx 18 months old. Advent T9102. Pentium 4 2.4 processor. 1 gig memory. ATI X600 graphics card.

I dont have any internet security on here only the windows firewall. I did have Nortons internet security but AOL and Nortons had a problem and the internet wouldnt connect.

Any ideas?? Processor?? Spyware???

Skelly1971

A:Computer turning off. Processor problem???

Probably heat. open your case & blow out any dust from around the vents, fans, processor & heatsink.
Pay particular attention to the fins on the processors heatsink, these can often quite quickly get clogged up with dust.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turning-off-processor-problem.456825/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi my computer have resently started to lagg and i have had problems with or working my what in isn't computer? toasted Is my processor it The processor was runing at and everything was lagging I restarted cmos and reinstalled win Now it s working kinda good but i still think it should run faster so i checked the built in function on win to quot rank my system quot before this started to happen i had the following results Processor RAM Graphics Harddrive Now when i tried it after reinstalation and reseting cmos i got this result Processor RAM Graphics Harddrive My question is Is my Processor failing or my RAM or Is my processor toasted or what isn't working in my computer? both Is there another problem i dont know about How should i fix this Any program that can test if something is broken or is about to break Anyhow i feared the worst went into bios and saw my processor runing at C Is my processor toasted And last tec pref Motherboard Gigabyte P M-UD Processor Intel Core i GHz RAM Corsair DDR GB Graphicscard ATI Radeon HD nbsp

A:Is my processor toasted or what isn't working in my computer?

ohh man , 94 C is too hot , the normal temp for your cpu should be between 45 and 50 C , and according to intel your max safe cpu temp is about 73C , so i think you have a serious heat problem,you need to check your cpu fan status and ensure that it is running fine,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-toasted-or-what-isnt-working-in-my-computer.171809/
Relevancy 38.7%

when i push on button on puter it starts up high pitch, then never beeps and slows down to actually start up and engage. ive taken side off, cleaned it, checked all connections to make sure they are tight..cards in all the way etc. yet still oesnt work.
in past ive had to unplug power supply and replug it in to get it to ''kick'' down, now that doesnt work either.
any suggestions

A:computer starts up but processor doesnt kick in

You do have a failing piece of hardware I must say ! How old is the system ? What does your monitor show when booting up ? Please be as specific as possible on what you see .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-starts-up-but-processor-doesnt-kick-in.1121249/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I have a custom built reboots automatically after processor Computer exchange desk top utilizing an ASUS P X D premium mobo powered by an i processor with Intel X chipset built April running Windows Home Premium Have not had any problems with the system until I changed the processor I swapped Computer automatically reboots after processor exchange the i for an i It is a new processor Before switching processors I upgraded the BIOS to the latest revision I checked the system thoroughly to make sure everything was operating normally before I exchanged processors Computer automatically reboots after processor exchange Now when I boot up with the i processor the system will start the pre-boot post then automatically reset and will restart the pre-boot post It may do this or times then will start normally After boot up everything appears to be running normal without any problems I am not a gamer nor do I even have the games packaged with Windows installed on my computer nor am I overclocking the processor I have not changed any BIOS settings as the new processor is recognized by the BIOS Any suggestions to remedy this problem will be greatly appreciated apoluo

A:Computer automatically reboots after processor exchange

Hello and welcome apuluo mate try these SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check

then these would not go amiss

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/download from bleeping computer

A last thought is this RAM - Test with Memtest86+

you need to run this for at least 8 passes unless errors start up straight away it does a LONG time to do and you may need to try different sticks in different slots to weed out the problem one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299740-computer-automatically-reboots-after-processor-exchange.html
Relevancy 38.7%

After cleaning my computer free of dust, I reinstalled all the necessary parts to get the computer working again. When I was to put the processor back, I found that:

1) the pins were a little bit bent but I think they bent back in place when i put it back
2) In order to put back on motherboard, i had to remove the processor from the fan and that means the thermal paste was somewhat removed.

So the biggest question I have is: Is re-adding thermal paste necessary? and is this why its been shutting down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-added-processor-to-board-computer-shuts-down.130693/
Relevancy 38.7%

Right now it has a AMD Athlon 2600+ 2.08 GHz... just wondering what's the highest I can go that the motherboard would support?

Here's the factory specs... I've upgraded the graphics card, sound card, power supply, and RAM through the years and want to keep it for a while.

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hewlett-Packard-20944234

A guy said I could probably make it a 2.4 or possibly a 2.8; but I want to know the highest possible. Any help?

A:I'm wanting to upgrade the processor in an HP a220n computer

I would concur that a Socket A is going to top out around the 2800+ area. You might be able to find a Socket A Sempron running in the 2900+ to 3100+ region but with the smaller L2 cache.

At this point in time you may be limited as to what is available in the class you're looking for and so might have to resort to the old-pulls market if that hasn't dried up as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-wanting-to-upgrade-the-processor-in-an-hp-a220n-computer.764918/
Relevancy 38.7%

My computer somehow thinks it is running a processor with AMD64 architecture. Running the SET command shows:

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel

Shouldn't it be identifying as IA64, rather than AMD64?? I haven't noticed any problems, but find it rather disconcerting. I built this computer myself and I know for certain the processor is Intel i7 Quad Core CPU.

Should this be corrected? If so, how do I change it?
Thank you.

VG

A:Computer Thinks It's Running AMD64 Processor

What does Bios say? Also what does your motherboard allow?

Also check for any updated drivers and updates for your BIOS from the the manafacture of your motherboard.

Bios update
Chipset drivers Install first if any newer version is avalible
Cpu drivers
Graphics drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-thinks-its-running-amd64-processor-627796.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have to say building my own PC has not been worth the disappointment and frustration that I constantly computer upgrade! runs after crap like My processor experienced I have performed upgrade after upgrade and my PC still can not give me decent performance I upgraded the video card and bumped the memory to gigs but it still ran like a dog So I figured the only thing left had to be the processor It was running a Pentium D mhz I My computer runs like crap after processor upgrade! purchased a Wolfdale Dual Core and installed it The BIOS recognized the new processor but to my dismay Windows XP took even longer to boot up I sat down and timed the boot up and it takes a ridiculous minutes before I My computer runs like crap after processor upgrade! can start using the PC Even worse I can rarely have more than applications open at the same time If I am burning a CD Excel will freeze or white screen on me Sometimes I enter stuff in IE and it takes seconds later for the text to show up Yahoo messanger is the worst I get freeze ups like every minutes I also notice if I m running too many things I will often get a BSOD and the computer reboots immediately Any suggestions why this thing runs so horrible Dual core processor decent video card gigs of RAM and I still can t freaking play Civ without framerate probs Additional note I recently reformatted the hard drive and it is running Norton AVG virus and Dameon tools on startup nbsp

A:My computer runs like crap after processor upgrade!

I also notice if I'm running too many things, I will often get a BSOD and the computer reboots immediately.Click to expand...

That is a major problem.
Does it work properly with the old processor?
What is your motherboard?

As a side note, processors don't help boot times, not unless your running a very slow processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-runs-like-crap-after-processor-upgrade.148890/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I ll try to be as specific as possible I recently bought a new motherboard and processor motherboard/processor Computer - not turning replacement on as an upgrade to what I previously had everything was working no problem beforehand and I went through all the usual precautions when installing each part anti static wristband etc etc etc I put it all together applied my Arctic Silver thermal compound to my processor exactly as it said to do on their website secured everything in place with screws plugged in the quot replacement motherboard/processor - Computer not turning on POWER SW quot quot H D D LED quot quot RESET SW quot and quot POWER LED and - quot parts exactly where it said to plug them in on the motherboard double checked everything to make sure it was in the right places and they were I plugged the power cable into the power supply made sure it was switched on and pressed the power button on the front of the case but nothing there s no interior LED on the replacement motherboard/processor - Computer not turning on motherboard to inform me of an error there s no activity whatsoever I checked everything again to make sure it was all in the right place and it was took everything out and re-plugged everything in but the same issue occured Is there any way to find out what could be causing this issue or to resolve it Computer Spec Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H MA-D V CPU Intel i p Video NVidia GeForce GTS Hard Drives x Seagate Baracuda ES GB x WD Caviar Green GB PSU G Power Extreme W RAM x GB sticks Tower Jet Turbine ATX Case I hope that I have given enough information but if there is anything else you would like me to provide I will ASAP Thanks for any help in advance -- liamsmith nbsp

A:replacement motherboard/processor - Computer not turning on

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If you follow ALL steps of the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

Next I assume you did not just install the mb without checking that each standoff was in the correct position. One incorrect standoff and the board will short when you press the pw ON button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-motherboard-processor-computer-not-turning-on.1047748/
Relevancy 38.7%

OK, just bought two used laptops with fresh installs of XP. They are identical Gateway 450ROG's that have 1.4 P4 M processors. However, right clicking my computer shows a P4 M 1.4 running at 587 mhz. I looked int eh BIOS and it shows a 1.4. It's plugged into power. I remember there's a setting on laptops to throttle it back under battery power but don't know why this is doing so, on both, on A/C adpater power.

Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-reading-processor-speed-wrong.549680/
Relevancy 38.7%

Gey gues, I'm looking into buying a new laptop. Which is better in your opinion

512 mb of RAM and 1.4 processor

or

728 -1gig RAM and a 1.4 processor

Which would be faster?

Thanks

A:New laptop computer.. Get more processor speed or extra RAM

In truth, I doubt that you'll notice ANY difference between 512mb and 1gig. I have a desktop here with 512mb, and another with 1gig. Both have similar speed processors, though one is an AMD 2400+ and the other is a P4-2.4gig. I don't see any difference in anything I so, and I have been unable to ever consume nearly all the RAM in the 512mb machine, even with many applications open. Both machines run W2K, and XP would be similar, though a little more memory useage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-computer-get-more-processor-speed-or-extra-ram.181318/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys Good day I m trying to upgrade my old computer processor and I need some helps I have searched and follow the instructions from some threads but I m still stuck with the problem So I have an old computer with Intel Pentium Ghz processor and I changed the processor to Intel display After Upgrade, POST on no and Processor computer Core Duo e it s not a new After Processor Upgrade, no display and POST on computer one After changed there is no display on After Processor Upgrade, no display and POST on computer the monitor monitor went to sleep when starting up the computer The CPU fan is running though and the power LED is on too But I don t hear any sound indicating the computer passed the POST By the way when I removed the RAM there is unlimited short beep from the computer This is my computer specs Motherboard ECS gt P M T-M V RAM Kingston kvr d n g pieces GPU Nvidia Geforce GTS I After Processor Upgrade, no display and POST on computer tried to remove the card and use onboard VGA too to make sure it s not GPU problem PSU Powerlogic Magnum Pro w peak looks like this https www google com search q Powerlogic Magnum Pro w peak amp client firefox-b-ab amp biw amp bih amp source lnms amp tbm isch amp sa X amp ved ahUKEwj tmSz vQAhVJvo KHYCMBYwQ AUIBigB imgrc kskZ-IPO PmfM A Also I have tried to Make sure the motherboard can support the new processor Update the BIOS to the latest version Change the RAM to Kingston kvr d n g only piece of RAM Reset the BIOS either with moving the jumper or remove the CMOS battery Unplug the power cable and hold computer power button for seconds Checked the new processor core duo e it is working in dell optiplex If I put back the old processor Pentium the computer is running well I running out of idea Is there anything I missed Please helpRegards

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158861.0.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I just got high speed internet. I bought a D Link so I could have wireless throughout the house. My husband uses an old computer for his genealogy and wants wireless on it for research. I bought a USB D Link for it, but it still won't connect. Does the computer need a high speed processor? If so, can I put one in myself without much help?

A:Need a High Speed processor in computer with a D Link?

and moved this one to networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-high-speed-processor-in-computer-with-a-d-link.1158476/
Relevancy 38.7%

I went through all the steps listed always processor very busy running computer slow, under the slow computer postings and things did not improve my hijack this log computer running very slow, processor always busy is below is there something evident causing my computer to go so slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS computer running very slow, processor always busy System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system LxrJD s exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www juno com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Dictionary com - F A-B - d - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files CONFLICT lexbar dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar Dictionary com - F A-B - D - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files CONFLICT lexbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM R... Read more

A:computer running very slow, processor always busy

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235920/computer-running-very-slow-processor-always-busy/
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, my stepson has inherited a computer from his grandmother who has recently died. I was wondering if there is any way to change her name that appears in the Start menu to his name. Also the computer has Win Vista on it but there was no disk that came with the computer. Is there anyway i can reload Vista without the disk. Regards, Rob

Relevancy 38.7%

Ever since I changed to Win 7 my mp3 files will every once in a while will change to .TMP. I then have to change them back to mp3 by showing the extention and then editing the name to change it back. Why is it doing this? I have tried re-converting them to mp3 (dispite being mp3's) but it doesn't work.

Now, when I was volume leveling everything, 860 songs changed their extention to .TMP. Is there a way to get them back to mp3 without editing them one by one. And, again, why is it doing this.

Relevancy 38.7%

At the mo i have a dell dimension 3100 with 512ram,80 gig hard drive
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3100/en/sm/specs0.htm#wp1052310
and have just been given a dell optiplex gx620, all i know about this computer is that it has come with a 40gig hard drive and 1gig ram as i dont know much about computers. I have been told that the gx620 is a better machine??? (could someone let me know if this is right, ie better graphics etc) Also can i take my 80gig hard drive, and 512ram out of my dimension, and put in to the gx620 (if that is the better machine) giving me 120gig and 1512ram?? If i can

Relevancy 38.7%

I purchased a computer from my ex (he owns a computer store). He was my boyfriend at the time. Now that we are broken up, I want to remove his name from my computer and put mine instead. Now I notice on Windows registration it has his name. Is it possible or what will I need to do?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

A:Changing name on Computer

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-name-on-computer.485228/