Windows Support Forum

Lost my "E" HardDrive

Q: Lost my "E" HardDrive

I have a normal quot C quot Drive amp an additional quot E quot Drive where I store music amp pics e t c When I go to My Computer the E Drive is not there I can t access it my Lost HardDrive "E" I have been to my device manager amp still can t find E Drive there I did run a Tune Up Utilities Scan I don t know if this deleted it When I try opening a shortcut on my desktop to a Lost my "E" HardDrive folder on quot E quot It says it is unavailable amp to make sure disk is inserted or network resource is available I am sure this has happen d before amp the guy who fixed it said it was hidden I have no idea how to get my E Drive back has anyone any ideas Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G MT-D Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost my "E" HardDrive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost my "E" HardDrive

Have you checked to see if the BIOS detects it? Have you disconnected and reconnected the cables to the drives?

Do you have a backup of the data in case the drive has failed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-e-harddrive.1113485/
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently noticed that I no longer have a "My Computer" icon or a "My Documents" icon on my desktop. I tried to restore by right clicking on desktop, clicking Properties, clicking Desktop tab, and clicking Customize desktop. The problem is once there, both the my computer and my documents are greyed and can't be selected. I'm clueless as to how they disappeared although I was also missing the calculator and the recycle bin. Fortunately, I've found a way to get those back but I'm at a loss as to resolving the missing my computer and my documents icons.

All help will be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Lost "My Computer" and "My Documents" icons from desktop

Try a System Restore point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-computer-and-my-documents-icons-from-desktop.958171/
Relevancy 82.99%

It's been a month since "not and programs problem updates" all fix in responding" "lost to How my laptop gone wrong All programs doesn't run properly and stop working many times Media Player Office Internet explorer all stop How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates" working frequently and I have to wait ten second until five minutes to continue my work How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates" Two days ago I noticed that when I downloaded windows update the updates wasn't saved in OS folder like it used to be New folders named like quot ee quot appeared in my hard disk I realized that the problems begin when I found new folder like this in my hard disk and now the problems is getting worst after updates I thought my quot OS quot was full but the indicator say quot GB free of GB quot I can't delete or move the folder without permission and try to copy them to quot OS quot Now each time I open a file two windows are opened one is my opened file and the other is blank window I don't have enough knowledge about computer Can anyone help me please

A:How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates"

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

That temp file that you mentioned, is it in the root of the system drive?
In other words is it located here: C:\1ee10074....

If that is where it is, then it could be from a .NET update. They do not always remove that randomly named folder. Don't delete it just yet, go inside of it (say continue to the permissions security pop ups). If you find several folders with 4 numbers for the name, then it is probably from an update. Those numbered folders are for different languages. You can delete the folder if you want or just leave it. The folder is not the cause of your problems.

Try a scan with this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...fender-offline

Then try this:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/279848-how-fix-not-responding-problem-all-programs-lost-updates.html
Relevancy 82.99%

In Word, I have lost the "Symbols" line in the "Insert" menu. How can I get it back? Any help will be most welcome!

A:"Symbols" lost in "Insert" menu - Word

Rightclick the menu bar & choose "Customize" (sic) from the pop-up.

With the "Commands" tab uppermost, click on "Insert" under "Categories".

Scroll down the "Commands" list till you see it, then drag it to your "Insert" menu.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/symbols-lost-in-insert-menu-word.435609/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

i have two mice fitted,inc one usb.they have worked perfectly.
Now, however,the standard non-usb mouse has stopped working.$Upon investigation i find that the entry in Hardware/system has vanished.The usb-mouse entry is still there.
I have relaced the mouse and done several restores to no avail.Windows hardware search finds nothing. any ideas ?/
Using Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-2mouse-entry-ib-system.639459/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I just downloaded the newest updates for the free AVG anti-virus, etc. (7.1) and ran the scan for my harddrive. For some reason, in the second entry of the scan (which is for the boot sector of drive c, my harddrive), it says there was a reading error:

Object: Boot sector of disc C:
Result: Reading error

...however, there was never any error before I updated to 7.1 (though that could be a coincidence). Before, it would just say:

Object: Boot sector of disc C:
Result: Ok

Why would this be? My computer boots up fine, so what does it mean that there's an error reading the boot sector? And is this something I can/should fix somehow?

I also have ZoneAlarm and am running Windows 98SE.

Any help is appreciated -- thanks!

-- bloomcounty

A:Getting "reading error" of boot sector of harddrive w/ AVG 7.1 virus scan -- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-reading-error-of-boot-sector-of-harddrive-w-avg-7-1-virus-scan.410422/
Relevancy 76.11%

So here's my problem that I just can't overcome alone I'm changing some parts for my cousin's PC and one of them happens to be a new hard drive I've got everything up and the last thing to do is to install fresh windows on it However like many users before me when I choose this quot unallocated quot space and press install I get the quot Couldn't create new partition or locate existing one quot error So far I tried the following Start quot diskpart quot and from there execute clean amp create partition primary align After clean command it is all fine success etc But after create partition I get some quot CRC error quot and nothing happens Running quot clean all quot from diskpart This however takes waaay to long I've started in the evening woke up the next day and it still didn't complete Thus I gave up that idea I've put into my working machine as a secondary in hope that maybe I will be able to do something from windows But I can't do jack with it It's there I can kind of see it but whatever I try I get quot access denied quot or similar message On top of if check harddrive one." locate create New "Couldn't existing or partition new it's properties it says to be quot Working properly quot but I can't see any parameters at all I am in New harddrive "Couldn't create new partition or locate existing one." a comma now Can anyone else help me get it running

A:New harddrive "Couldn't create new partition or locate existing one."

Ok, I've tried something more...

I've run a test via this program and ... yup. It failed. Is it safe to assume now, that this hard drive is ****ed up and I should go to them demand a new one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/322414-new-harddrive-couldnt-create-new-partition-locate-existing-one.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Dear Tech Support It seems I have got a virus A pretty serious one I was browsing different websites in Firefox about an hour ago when suddently it closes down and multiple maybe hundreds of windows opens on my desktop I close a couple of them but realizes it is useless and perhaps stupid seconds later what appears to be a legit Windows window opens the same type that opens when you plug in a USB drive telling me I have quot harddrive error quot I kind of panic and shut down the computer on the psychical quot power of quot -button Then after some thinking I open the computer in Safe Mode to see what is going on Everything i gone I try to relax with down, shut error". Opens everything "harddrive multiple After windows gone. and figures that it might help to System Restore Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone. back to last Windows Update from the th of April Computer reboots and I log in Almost everything i gone There I see Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone. the Internet Download Manager icon the program i use to catch direct downloads from the internet in the bottom right corner is still there So I open the program and sees some of my previous downloads I don't remember completely but thye seemed old I right click and chooses quot Show in folder quot It opens the folder but before I can see anything it opens hundreds of windows again telling me I got harddrive errors I quickly shut down the computer again Now I am here on my girlfriend's iPad Can someone help me It seems my files some of them at least is still on the computer maybe just hidden by the virus My school stuff is saved on Dropbox but I would love not to lose gb of music and all my other stuff - EDIT I am running Windows not sure which service pack - but I always update my computer when there is an update ASUS X SV quot HD GeForce GT Core i - QM GB RAM GB HDD DVD RW kamera BT W Home

A:Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone.

EDIT: I have Microsoft Security Essentials.

What I was mostly doing WHEN it happened, was browsing reddit while chatting with my friends on facebook. They also linked and directed me rather discusting subreddits (as a joke of course), but the second I got in there and noticed what it was, I closed the tab.

Else I haven't downloaded anything particular the last week. And nothing from untrusted websites; I'm normally pretty careful with downloading.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/opens-multiple-windows-with-harddrive-error-after-shut-down-everything-gone-640116.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
Thanks

A:Can't access harddrive "insert disk message appears"

wostone said:

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
ThanksClick to expand...

You might have auto-run worm on the system. Does it appear on C also? When last you scan your system for malware/spyware/adware/worms/viruses/trojans?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-harddrive-insert-disk-message-appears.132487/
Relevancy 76.11%

I purchased a new 1TB harddrive to host Windows 7. The installation was without any problem. Prior to installation, I removed all harddrives, including another 1TB data backup harddrive.

When I installed the second drive, with all my important backed up data, it comes identified by Windows 7 as drive D: System Reserved. There are no contents despite the properties indicating about 40% used space. Where did my data go? Please tell me it's not lost!! How can I get access to this drive??

Jenn

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:2nd Installed Harddrive identified by Windows 7 as "System Reserved"

I'm assuming the old hard drive still has W7 installed on it?

If so the issue is that the old hard drive still has a Active partition on it. You should not have 2 Active partitions on one system, and that will caused these kinds of problems.

You can use a third party tool like Partition Wizard for bootable CD to remove the active flag from the old hard drive,
Free Partition Magic alternative, partition manager freeware, partition magic server, partition magic Windows 7 and free Partition Manager software for Windows 7/8/VISTA/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2000.

or you can use Diskpart
Partition - Mark as Inactive

Just to simplify things and avoid any problems you should disconnect all unnecessary drives while running Diskpart. You need to be able to select the correct drive from it's properties or partition sizes because normal drive identification will not be available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251929-2nd-installed-harddrive-identified-windows-7-system-reserved.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I just tried to reformat and install windows XP home edition and upon coming to the screen of quot Repair quot or quot Install fresh copy quot I received an error reporting Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue harddrive" XP error: installation "Setup Win cannot home find To quit setup press F I have no idea why it would be saying this I m using the same computer now seconds later than when I was trying to install windows Currently I m using Windows Professional x this is the reason I want home I hate not having any drivers for webcams printers and the like Asus A V-Deluxe motherboard and the harddrive in question is a Western Digital gb rpm mb buffer SATA drive Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

A friend of mine is also running a 64bit system, we tried to install xp pro on it and it was extremely unstable. It now has xp64 on it and it runs fine. As for the drivers u mentioned, its just a matter of time. The industry will hopefully catch up soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-home-installation-error-setup-cannot-find-harddrive.34185/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello im unsure where to place this thread. " Disc boot failure, insert system disc and press enter " Is the error i get after i took out an IDE 80GB HDD. The primary boot drive is a OCZ vertex 2 120GB. Somehow my pc will not boot unless the 80GB HDD is in. Im unsure how they are related so could anyone help me out so that i dont need the 80GB HDD to boot up anymore.

A:Taking out IDE harddrive error "Disc boot failure, insert system..."

When you installed the OCZ drive, it sound like you had the 80gb HD connected. So the boot up files got written to the 80 gb HD. Do you have a Win7 install DVD ? If so run startup repair 3 times in a row with the 80gb disconnected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295714-taking-out-ide-harddrive-error-disc-boot-failure-insert-system.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm running Windows Vista and I am trying to run a seagate external harddrive. The device manager says its working properly, the drivers are up to date, etc. but when I go into my computer it is not showing up. The harddrive is unformatted- I use it on both Macs and PCs.

A:External Harddrive "Working Properly" but not in browser

If the hard drive is unformatted, then it wouldn't show up in my computer. You need to format the hard drive. Right click my computer and go to manage. In the Management console go to disk management and format your hard drive. If you say you use it on both macs and pcs, then it is formatted and you can try to assign it a drive letter. If it's formatted for Mac, you'll need to install MacDrive or something similar to access the files.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236282-external-harddrive-working-properly-but-not-browser.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there-
I am in the process of re-imaging my laptop (Sony VAIO Win XP Home) and at about "66%" complete of Recovery Disk 2, it tells me "Critical Error Abort Retry Ignore Fail". I have no idea waht is going on, as I completed this successfully about 1 month ago. Also, soemtimes it asks me for a "Command line"...but I have no idea what to do. The system was orignally FAT32 with 2 partitions. I am interested in making it 1 partition. Regardless, I can't do anything because now I have nothing!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dr

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-re-imaging-harddrive-critical-error.19200/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello. In about 6 months ago I encountered a major problem with my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo) as it would not start. The message I get is, in its entirety:

"For Realtek RT8101E 10/100 PCI-Express Ethernet Adapter v1.03 (070618)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
Operating System not found"

Is there a free solution solution to this? I have researched about this problem and found that you may need a new HDD? And IF I hand the ****er in to some Computer-fixy repair-thing and put in a new harddrive, will it work later? I mean, is it a 100 % certain that it is the HDD that's ****ed-up, getting a new will solve the problem? I'm a poor student I would go on to a school massacre rampage if I would have paid $100 and when I get home, it still shows the same ****.

Very much thanks in advance.

A:Please help, "operating system not found", can i buy new harddrive?

Try checking the boot order under the bios option, make sure that it is set to boot hard drive first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-operating-system-not-found-can-i-buy-new-harddrive.889500/
Relevancy 75.25%

sup guys.. turns out i got my floppy working and got a bit carried away when a friend was over, told me to pop in seagate cds and erase drive... so i did.. now when i start up instead of it saying windows system32 error.. its says

press control alt delete..missing "NTLDR"...

anyways looks like the other plan with the windows 98 disks..and the windows xp disks to make it boot up...

is canceld... i do have a harddrive in that looks like 98.. but im not to into that, im gonna pop other drive back in and see what every1 has to say..

be back asap..later folks

Relevancy 75.25%

A couple days ago I downloaded an album to my external harddrive off a bands website about External Dirty" "Volume is Harddrive halfway through the download it started stopping and telling me it couldn't download because the volume was dirty I was able to continue the download but it would stop again after a few seconds External Harddrive "Volume is Dirty" Since it was a torrent I External Harddrive "Volume is Dirty" was able to relocate the album to download to my main harddrive and it worked Although now on my external harddrive I have a half - completed file that I can't delete and if I try to move it anywhere it says quot Error x AC The operation could not be complete because the volume is dirty Please run chkdsk and try again quot I went to command prompt and typed quot chkdsk E quot it said -- C Users G gt chkdsk E The type of the file system is exFAT The volume is in use by another process Chkdsk might report errors when no corruption is present Volume Serial Number is EE-F Windows is verifying files and folders Volume label is Seagate File and folder verification is complete Windows has checked the file system and found no problems KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk C Users G gt

Relevancy 75.25%

! accedently did a factoyry reset on my delll laptop whick is lika a reformat wich my external harddrive plugged in. Now it doesnt show up in my computer but its in my hardare windows in the control panel and it also appears in the safe remove thing at the bottom. It's name has change to "WD".
is there anyway of getting the files back and how much do you think it would cost to get them back ?

A:Solved: External Harddrive not in "My Computer"

How was this solved?

You have double-posted. Please post one thread for one problem.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/...top-external-harddrive-still.html#post6406749

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-external-harddrive-not-in-my-computer.788972/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi My friend has a DELL Desktop He is not that computer literate and sometimes I can hold my own although I do not have a DELL but a Compaq He said that when he started his computer up it sounded like an airplane I m guessing a hard drive He says he sees the DELL start up then a prompt for F or F Menu is gray Then sees quot Hard drive- Unknown quot But no Blue Screen Can not use the mouse and tower is making a ticking noise unknown" Dell Clicking,"HardDrive-0, I asked him if he could get to Help and support to maybe go back to system restore but he can not Before I go over there just wanted to know what tasks I should try to get his computer up and running properly again He has all his work projects and Quick books that he s afraid he lost and understandably freaking out Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thank you Does frezzing the HD really work to retrieve info Does it matter if I need to hook up a SATA HD to a ULTRADMA nbsp

A:Dell Clicking,"HardDrive-0, unknown"

Does it matter if I need to hook up a SATA HD to a ULTRADMA?

It should not matter.

It sounds like his hard drive crashed. (ie, the ticking noise from the system case.)
If thats the case, swap in a new HDD and install the OS.

If he needs to recover files from the hard drive, he will most likley need to take it to a
data recovery shop--which can get expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-clicking-harddrive-0-unknown.587911/
Relevancy 75.25%

So my brother dropped his computer to the ground, and now it is not working properly.
I started windows in repair mode, but the computer freezes like this https://imgur.com/Pq1ncSs, but without the repair box.
I was wondering if it is possible to recover some of the files and stuff on the HD, when the computer is unable to boot.
I have taken out the harddrive from my brother's computer, and put it in to my own computer. When i did that, my own computer asked me if i wanted to run a disk-controll or something like that. After it finished, the computer has freezed like this: Imgur
The text at the bottom says: Controll of usn log complete. It has been like that for almost half an hour now, and i am not sure of what to do.
Answers are much appreciated.

A:Need help to recover files from a "dead" harddrive

Hello haakelv!

What kind of drive is it that your brother has? Brand and model?

The disk controller is plainly said a chip that controls a drive depending on its type – IDE, SCSI etc. It enables the CPU to “communicate” with the HDD.
The USN Journal is connected with the NTFS format and it maintains a record of changes which were made to the volume.

From what I understand by dropping his PC, your brother broke his hard drive's disk controller which nowadays is integrated in the hard drive itself, and evidently inserting the drive in to your system led to a USN Journal scan, which (if I am translating correctly) CHKDSK has checked the USN log, has repaired the USN Journal data flow and completed. But the system has hanged.

In my opinion the drive is too damaged to load, the disk controller is most likely broken, thus the drive can't communicate with the system on a healthy level.

You could plug the drive out, restart your system, plug in the drive again, go in to BIOS to make sure your own disk is at first booting position and see if you could load into your OS and open the drive through My Computer, but I doubt it would work.

You'll have to use a data recovery software or company if you need anything from the drive.

Good luck!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360818-need-help-recover-files-dead-harddrive.html
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

The 2.5" would take up less space on my desk but I'd go with the 3.5" if it stays cooler & lasts longer.
Either way it's going to be 7200 RPM with USB 3.0 and eSata. Does it really matter?

Wonder how long until MS updates USB 2.0 to 3.0 like they did with 1.1 to 2.0?
I just googled it and passing that info on. They will never have update from 2.0 - 3.0. To begin with, the 3.0 connectors are blue.
We'll be able to to plug any USB male into the computer USB 3.0 port but not vice versa. There is no way you will be able to plug a 3.0 connector into your peripheal device.

A:External Harddrive 2.5" vs 3.5" lifespan

USB is a hardware protocol and has nothing to do with Microsoft. Whatever USB 3.0 controller you have in your computer should have drivers for whatever version of Windows you're running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-harddrive-2-5-vs-3-5-lifespan.1046579/
Relevancy 73.96%

First posting - hi everyone - I've had trouble installing the software for a Maxtor USB 2.0 external harddrive. I used the CD that came with the drive, completed the install, but it doesn't work on my computer, which otherwise works fine. I get a Microsoft error. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, same cycle several times. When I tried to install on a different laptop , everything worked fine. Called Maxtor, they say it is an operating system error. Downloaded updates to Windows XP home edition, but no help. The software installs, but does not "work" - it returns me to the installation program. Help!

A:"Installing" External Harddrive

Did you format the hard drive ?
Or make it online from admin tools?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-external-harddrive.603593/
Relevancy 73.96%

So I had to reinstall Windows due to human error on cloning a hard drive it was am and I installed Windows on my new hard drive Spinpoint F TB but the installer has set my drives up like this I have done what this guy said here http www hanselman com blog Switch CDEdit aspxand it successfully copied the BOOT folder from drive J to drive C so I have a BOOT folder on both C BOOT and J BOOT but BCDEDIT still shows that it is using J to boot from If Windows had a Boot ini it would be a simple case of changing J to C wouldn't it But no on Help? harddrive. wrong "System" the Windows has to be awkward So this is where I am asking for help i've Google'd around but my pea brain can't find the right thing all I want is to have the quot System quot on drive C as well so I can format drive J for storage plus if it dies I won't be able to boot at all TL DR J has the system boot files on it when I need them on C so I can format J I have copied the BOOT folder from J to C using Code bcdboot c windows s c Thankyou to anyone who helps

A:"System" on the wrong harddrive. Help?

Bump, please someone help. I don't want my old hard drive dying and then me not being able to boot Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-on-the-wrong-harddrive-help-580362.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Sirs, I have lost, for some reason, the standard icons dealing with mostly "my computer" my docs,my folders,=Pics,=printer,=?Help,=Search,Run,=, etc.,etc.
I still have most recently used, etc. on Left side of icon screen= AOL,Wireless access account,mozilla firefox,google chrome,etc., which are the most impt. for me.
I do miss easy access to the standard my computer sites.
Thank You, straitshooter47

y

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-lost-default-start-up-icons-r-e-start-346269.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.24%

By absolutely different reasons many guys give about loosing XP start's "run" and "search" commands, as virurses, Trojans, curses, etc., it's very "eloquent" to realize that the solution, many times, is just move to "classical" start menu. I hope this can be of interest for somebody. Kind regards to everybody.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/somebody-lost-search-and-run.980970/
Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 71.38%

For the second time I have gotten the fake anti-virus that names itself quot Vista Security Center quot last time was months ago and I followed online manual removal instructions Since then I have bought McAfee and when it came up this time I just had McAfee scan and remove it However the I have NO working file program associations every time I click on the mozilla firefox shortcut I have to tell my computer to associate it with firefox exe All Associations - File/Program Center" "Vista Security lost the same thing happens even if I click All File/Program Associations lost - "Vista Security Center" directly on firefox exe This literally is for everything except computer navigation icons like quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot I ran the DDS and will attach the two file but even with the gmer exe I had to tell my computer to associate it with gmer exe the exact icon I clicked on Mostly this is just a pain in the but some stuff just simply wont run help would be GREATLY appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Ian at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService All File/Program Associations lost - "Vista Security Center" C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system dlcqcoms exe C Program Files x Gigabyte EasySaver ESSVR EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Administrator Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files x common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files x common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mca... Read more

A:All File/Program Associations lost - "Vista Security Center"

It only let me attach two files, here is my Ark.txt also

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/all-file-program-associations-lost-vista-security-center-475572.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I ve had very few computer problems over the years but lately I ve been hit connection Sudden to Shutdown??!! Solved: wireless trying lost "repair" with a couple doozies I m returning to TechGuy because of the fantastic support given during my last issue http forums techguy org security -solved-search-engine-redirect-help html Thanks again to CyberTech ok but here s what s going on now My internet connection has been spotty due to the number of obstructions and distance from my Wireless Router but when it works it works great In the past if I lost my connect I simply would right click on the little icon in the System Tray and click quot Repair quot This would usually do the trick Occasionally I have to reset my modem and router to restore the connection For the past couple days when I click on quot Repair quot my computer suddenly and without warning shuts completely off and restarts I loose any work that I happen to have open and the system runs a DiskChk due to the sudden shut down There are a number of things that show up on the Blue Start Up Screen but it all Solved: Sudden Shutdown??!! trying to "repair" lost wireless connection flies by so fast even if I could read it I would have no idea what to make of it Would there be a setting that tells the system to Shut down upon running quot Repair quot that would seem a little excessive Hoping someone out there has some ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Sudden Shutdown??!! trying to "repair" lost wireless connection

Let's just try a stack repair to see if that helps.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sudden-shutdown-trying-to-repair-lost-wireless-connection.579069/
Relevancy 71.38%

Yesterday my computer went crazy I have a Dell Latitude D running Win Xp Professional Version SP At the end of my shift I had "read" turn Internet connection, off won't [SOLVED] Lost USB pen properly, won't many [SOLVED] Lost Internet connection, won't turn off properly, won't "read" USB pen windows open in Rockmelt and Google Crome and I just closed the When I came home I opened the lid and waited for like min and the only thing I saw was a quot on quot blask screen I held in the power button to turn off the computer Turned it on and after that I lost Internet connection both cable and wireless The PC won't read USB pen It won't turn off properly and up in a blue screen and stays there Lost also sound on the computer I have tried the following sollutions - Tried to reset TCP IP but it just hangs up - Tried to uninstall sound driver just hangs up - Tried to uninstall network adapters but just hangs there I have not installed any new programs for ages Any sollutions to this massive brake down Regards Kjetil

A:[SOLVED] Lost Internet connection, won't turn off properly, won't "read" USB pen

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Drive Fitness Test in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and extended tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-lost-internet-connection-wont-turn-off-properly-wont-and-quot-read-and-quot-usb-pen-624269.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So here is my story.
For the last few months my desktop was working fine. Today morning by mistake i switched electricity off during my desktop shutdown. Later then i started my computer I saw many services like DHCP client, Windows firewall, base filtering engine and some others doesn't start with error code ACCESS DENIED.
After reading few articles and microsoft recomendations I found the reason of this error. I added permission into the registry to these services for SERVICE AND NETWORK SERVICE users. After that all services begin work fine.

But I still cannot connect to the internet. After running troubleshooting i receive and error message.
"Local area connection 2" doesn't have a valid ip configuration.

It looks like something happened with registry setting or permission which doesn't allow to work network services in proper way.

May I have some help please.

A:Lost access to the internet with error "doesn't have a valid ip configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-access-to-the-internet-with-error-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1045433/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Everyone,

I am having some strange problems when attempting to access a Shared Printer. These problems started when my Windows 2011 SBS (Standard Edition) Server lost it's ability to resolve DNS queries. A reboot of the server fixed DNS, but also broke the "Shared Printer".

The Shared Printer is a Kyocera FS1300, it is connected by USB to a Windows XP (SP3) computer. The printer is shared across the Domain, and can be seen on other Domain computers.

The behaviour that I am seeing is best described in the video below that I created, please take the time to have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcRkUWiNAc&feature=youtu.be

If you have any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Davo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-shared-printer-behaviour-started-after-i-lost-dns-on-my-server.1048826/
Relevancy 71.38%

Referencing this earlier forum posting and answer: http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/710391-solved-itunes-cant-find-my.html

I followed the same steps as directed and was able to successfully restore my entire music library, which is great! However, all my Playlists are now empty. Did I permanently lose them? I find it hard to believe that they are not mapped somehow and even if the files moved locations that I would lose all the data contained in them.

I have a complete back-up on another drive. How can I move the backed up Playlists over to my main iTunes account? Thank you for any assistance you can provide me to remedy this very frustrating and time consuming problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-lost-my-music-library-and-now-upon-restoration-my-playlists-are-all-empty.1033901/
Relevancy 71.38%

So I finally fixed the crash my computer did yesterday But as expected after the updates the internet connection died We have laptops and one desktop of the laptops are Dell Inspiron s my brother s and mine and another one is an ASUS The desktop is an EMachine All three of the other computers are working the internet fine Work Other Connection Fine Computers "Media All Disconnected" Lost then mine When I double-click the wireless network Im connecting to under quot View Available Wireless Networks quot it d Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine say quot Waiting to connect quot then quot Connected quot But when I refresh after it s quot connected quot it would say quot Not connected quot next to the network name It would get stuck in quot Acquiring Network Address quot It wouldn t end up at quot Connected quot at all This was a problem a few days ago It d stay Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine connected for a few minutes then disconnect But since my computer Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine crashed and I rebooted the computer with the recovery disk it would just stay disconnected It would get stuck in quot Repair quot But under the quot Disabling quot step We ran ipconfig and it said that the Media was disconnected and it came up with the ip address Help gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I've been using Outlook 2007 for a while with no problems. I used to select my account, and when the "Enter Network Password" box popped up it had the focus, so I would just immediately type in my password. I did a set of Windows and Office updates a couple of weeks ago, and now when that box pops up the focus is still on the main Outlook mail reader screen. I have to click the Password box to shift the focus so I can type in my password. Is there a way to restore this automatic focus for the Password panel when it pops up?

A:Lost focus on Outlook "Enter Network Password" dialog box

No one else has seen this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/205524-lost-focus-outlook-enter-network-password-dialog-box.html
Relevancy 71.38%

A crazy situation has occurred - my Windows Live Mail has lost contact with my two email accounts and their stores of messages The message folders are still there in a quot mail quot folder but Windows Mail isn't accessing them And neither messages NOR the two email accounts appear when with email my lost "contact" has accounts Windows Mail and folders! I open the Live Mail prog - it is just blank of content This has occurred because I was inadvertently running Skydrive on two computers one new just acquired and backing up the same Live Mail folder simultaneously on Windows Mail has lost "contact" with my email accounts and folders! both So Windows Mail has lost "contact" with my email accounts and folders! Windows Mail seems to Windows Mail has lost "contact" with my email accounts and folders! have done a lot of renaming of folders and creating second additional versions of folders It looks like it renamed what may have been a quot pop blueyonder co uk quot folder for the main account's messages to quot pop blueyo c quot which shows as just having been created today when it is really years old And it similarly renamed the other mail account's folder Plus it created double versions of all the other main folders like Storage Your Feeds Outbox So a right mess I urgently need to reconnect Live Mail to its accounts and message folders for the sake of my business How should I go about that I't's easy enough to re-enter the accounts account details - but I haven't done that yet just in case I make the situation worse Please help Many thanks

A:Windows Mail has lost "contact" with my email accounts and folders!

P.S. I've got back the accounts. Hoping to restore order, I had deleted what appeared to be some surplus folders in my "mail folder" - including

1) 4 x folders called "blueyonder.9f1"/"..9f1.." etc which had empty "Inbox"/"Deleted" folders in them

2) 2 x other "pop3.blueyo folders" - also with empty folders.

So I restored these - and my accounts now register in Live Mail but with no old messages in them (though they're taking in new messages).

But I now have FOUR Livemail accounts instead of two. Two for

"pop3blueyonder.co.uk"/"pop3.blueyonder.co.uk"(1) AND another two for

"blueyonder. co.uk [mike].. and blueyonder.co.uk [rafe]

- the last two being created today in the doubling up.

Plus the "mail" folder now contains not just four but SIX "blueyonder"/"pop3blueyonder" folders!! (only two of them have the main sets of messages, of course)

Arrggh! What do I do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/289980-windows-mail-has-lost-contact-my-email-accounts-folders.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am stuck and have actioned everything where "Programs and function search Lost fail. (Win+F) Features" and - I can in the following link Windows Search - Turn On or Off Issues I have NO search Tab on the folders option only General and View Lost search function - (Win+F) and "Programs and Features" fail. WIN key 'F' fails as there is no search box even though the pop up window appears No search in the windows menu or on the top right of any explorer windows opened Ran quot Programs and Features quot in Control Panel tthe pop up window is empty no list or tick boxes just plain blank white Ran troubleshooter for 'Search and Indexing' and get the following problems which cannot be fixed automatically In services Lost search function - (Win+F) and "Programs and Features" fail. activated search quot Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer quot Quote quot Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories quot Not Fixed Red cricle with white cross' symbol quot Windows Search service not running quot Not Fixed Red cricle with white cross' symbol I have searched the forums and other areas of the web Everything is indicating that the function has been totally removed disabled I am unsure how Oth links I have read and followed Search in Windows SFC SCANNOW Command - System File Checker Lost the Windows search feature even in services in comp management When starting in services windows reports it can not find the specified file -system error Please help Thanks Related http www sevenforums com crashes-d ml post

A:Lost search function - (Win+F) and "Programs and Features" fail.

Please run the following commands from an Admin command prompt.
net start wsearch
sc qc wsearch
sc queryex wsearch
sc qprivs wsearch
sc qsidtype wsearch
sc sdshow wsearch

They'll give us a little data to work on.
copy and paste the results into your response, together with the EXACT error message you get when you attempt to start the service from the Services control panel..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196605-lost-search-function-win-f-programs-features-fail.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Guys Having installed an 2010 Outlook installation "lost" images Linked in after SSD SSD and cloned Windows Apps to it I've come up against a couple of Linked images "lost" in Outlook 2010 after SSD installation problems using Outlook and I'd be grateful for any help please The pst file is on another HDD that was not involved in the upgrade Search function no longer works either says not found immediately or carries on searching for ever Clue may be in Indexing Click on Indexing Status and get quot Outlook is currently indexing you items items to index quot Problem is this number is increasing not decreasing Started around Should PC be left on and Outlook open and just be patient or is something awry Since SSD installed all emails with images have lost them Applies to ones I already have and new ones when opened first time Red Cross and message in each image frame quot Linked Image cannot be displayed The file may have been moved renamed or deleted Verify that the link points to the correct file and location quot Firefox is browser If I forward an email that is not showing embedded pictures to another PC the images are present again Presumably the images are stored somewhere and the link has been broken by the upgrade I've tried a few things suggested on MS forums without luck Settings in Outlook seem correct Thanks for any suggestions

A:Linked images "lost" in Outlook 2010 after SSD installation

Further to above post, have also noticed that when doing a search Programmes and Files from Start button, the only items found are those within Windows, nothing from my data files which are on a separate RAID 1 pair of discs.

Now wondering whether to set old HDD (that still has Windows on it) back as boot drive, check that everything is as it should be booting from that drive, then wipe the SSD and clone again? I used Easius ToDo clone tool so will use another programme next time. Any suggestions on which to use?

Is this the best way forward?

Thanks for any comments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348023-linked-images-lost-outlook-2010-after-ssd-installation.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, im running vista home premium. I am from Norway so excuse me for any bad grammar.(bad excuse:P)

anyways, i have encountered a problem, it goes like this, you probably know that sometimes you download old programs on vista, that doesn't work unless you right-click on the .exe and choose: "run as administrator"(sorry if that is not the exact phrase, because my PC is running Norwegian Mode.(stupid school PC :P ))
but i recently encountered the problem that when i right-clicked an .exe file it was no "run as administrator" option! and im quite desperate to get this program running, and it quits every-time i start it up again, i read on the program source site, that to run this exact program you had to push the "run as administrator" button.. so please, please help me...

A:admin problems(not the usual: "lost my account question" ;)

What is the .exe file?

Can you zip it and attach to a post so I can test it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-problems-not-the-usual-lost-my-account-question-261403.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello All I routinely create print pieces using MS Publisher and print to PDF in order to place the print pieces in other publications I typically create a blank document in the dimensions I need save as a publisher file and set up the printer to PDF changing the postscript ad size to the exact size of the document Then the PDF regardless of the actual paper size is formatted to the space dimensions needed for placement elsewhere Today after an apparent routine download of Adobe updates I ve lost the ADOBE PDF printer after Adobe Lost to function "Print update PDF" morning this option in my print list I haven t been able to retrieve it However in Publisher I have the option to quot save to PDF quot But this doesn t appear to give me the re-sizing capability I need I also found out a couple weeks ago that my office no longer has the quot print Lost "Print to PDF" function after Adobe update this morning to PDF quot function I work from home but they don t usually do ad work that required resizing for publication I Lost "Print to PDF" function after Adobe update this morning did attempt to update the printer driver list and acquired a driver called quot Adobe PDF converter quot but somehow the task of printing to PDF never completes and I don t find a PDF document in my folder Anybody have any insights on why my office or I no longer have the quot Print to PDF quot capability and is there any way to retrieve it For me it is the easiest route to accomplish my re-sizing and printing to PDF Or what is the new way to do what I need considering what appears to be the downloaded updates Am I now out of luck As always thank you to the great folks that help me on this forum Suzanne nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-print-to-pdf-function-after-adobe-update-this-morning.964112/
Relevancy 70.95%

This icon suddenly isn't showing up, so I have to shut down or risk damaging something to get my external USB devices disconnected from the system.

Is there a place in XP Pro that I can enable it?

A:Lost the "safely remove" icon in the system tray

Hello,

Attach the drive
Go to Start => Run and type in "devmgmt.msc" {without the quotes}
Locate the USB drive in 'Disk Drives'
Right-click => Properties => Policies tab
Check the radio button 'Optimize for performance'
OK to exit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-the-safely-remove-icon-in-the-system-tray.797508/
Relevancy 70.95%

I had Win -bit running on a Dell to Connectivity; "Unidentified Network" Internet Lost Connected PC About one week ago I noticed Internet connectivity was gone and that there was quot Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" limited connectivity quot as I was now connected to an quot unidentified network quot The other systems on the network are still connected and Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" working perfect the problem is isolated to this one system The network uses a static IP scheme quot IPCONFIG ALL quot shows that the IP is assigned is included on the correct subnet and has the correct gateway and DNS information I've tried a host of solutions suggested on forums from quot route delete quot to disabling my firewall to configuring for a dynamic IP Nothing has worked Reluctantly I resorted to a fresh install as I began to worry that I may have picked something up I completely wiped the hard drive and did a fresh Win -bit installation all only to have the same problem I assume that the NIC is functioning as it accepts all IP settings Any suggestions

A:Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network"

Hi Nick,

Is this a wired or wireless connection issue?

Can you please post an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/214770-lost-internet-connectivity-connected-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My wifi signal is fine, but I've been getting a yellow ( "!" ) error msg over the wifi icon and losing connection every 5 minutes or so. Some quick background....... (Recently upgraded my dsl speed from ISP provider. Same modem and wifi router, but I did reset them a couple of weeks ago, but the wifi disconnecting just recently started.)

Anyway, just did a diagnosis, and it mentioned "DNS error".

The only thing I can figure is that I had at one point a couple weeks ago connected my ethernet cable to the laptop when having issues with resetting the modem. So under Control panel-network connections-change adapter settings, I disabled "local area connection" and the "wireless network connections 2 and 3" (whatever those are?).

Oddly, for the last 30 minutes hasn't been cutting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Wifi signal fine, but getting ( "!" ) error msg and lost connection.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny6

My wifi signal is fine, but I've been getting a yellow ( "!" ) error msg over the wifi icon and losing connection every 5 minutes or so. Some quick background....... (Recently upgraded my dsl speed from ISP provider. Same modem and wifi router, but I did reset them a couple of weeks ago, but the wifi disconnecting just recently started.)

Anyway, just did a diagnosis, and it mentioned "DNS error".

The only thing I can figure is that I had at one point a couple weeks ago connected my ethernet cable to the laptop when having issues with resetting the modem. So under Control panel-network connections-change adapter settings, I disabled "local area connection" and the "wireless network connections 2 and 3" (whatever those are?).

Oddly, for the last 30 minutes hasn't been cutting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Johnny6,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know if there are other wireless devices on the same network and do they work correctly or not.

Also, have you tried updating the wireless drivers for your system or not. Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Check the system under safe mode with networking and let us know:

Safe Mode

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314710-wifi-signal-fine-but-getting-error-msg-lost-connection.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Whenever I update Nescape Navigator my email folders get replaced with "new" empty ones. I know the old emails are still on my drive with names like...

mail.earthlink.net
mail.earthlink-1.net

My question is HOW do I access these "old" emails that are in "old" folders. I don't want to copy and paste the contents of the old folders into the new folders because that would erase over my current email folder contents. "trash" , "drafts" and the rest of 'em are names that never change.

A:How to retrieve "lost" email folders after browser update?

most browsers have an import somewhere in the tabs at the top,check in the mail section

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/how-to-retrieve-lost-email-folders-after-browser-update-74847.html
Relevancy 70.95%

How can I permanently REMOVE files found in the "Lost" folder of MAGIC RECOVERY, to decrease drive size?

I had plenty of movies in a external hard drive (LaCie trademark). One day I couldn't see anymore the folder containing all these movies, it misteriously dissapeared from the screen, but the size of the external hard drive remained unchanged!!

With Magic Recovery Pro 3.2 I found that folder including all movies, in the "Lost"- items folder.

I can select one movie and save it to another drive (e.g. C:\, D:\...), but what I want also is removing (deleting) some files from the Lost folder, in order to liberate some space from my external hard drive.

Does anyone know how to do it?

If it's not posible to do it with Magic Recovery, but it's posible with another software, please tell me the name .

thanks in advance!

A:permanently REMOVE "Lost" files with MAGIC RECOVERY

Make sure that you can see hidden and system files when viewing that drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/permanently-remove-lost-files-with-magic-recovery.888020/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have outlook express 6 for a email client, I was getting reminded to compact my email messages every one in a while so I said yes and let it compact my messages ... now I don't seel any email other than new email that has come in since I compacted the mail. Does anyone know how to get my messages back ... please help

A:recovering lost email in outlook express after "compacting"

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

I've moved your thread to Web and Email for more response

Have you tried to see if there are any bak files in the Recycle Bin:

Make sure Outlook Express is not running.
Open the Recycle Bin on your Windows Desktop .
Locate the ".bak" files corresponding to the Outlook Express folders you want to recover.
The ".bak" file will be named like the folder in Outlook Express.
To restore a folder called "Archive", look for "Archive.bak", for example.
Click on the ".bak" file with the right mouse button.
Select Restore from the menu.
Locate the file in Windows explorer and open the folder it's contained in.
Drag and drop the ".dbx" file corresponding to the Outlook Express folder you want to recover to your Desktop.
In the Outlook Express store folder, click on the ".bak" file to be recovered with the right mouse button.
Select Rename from the menu.
Change the ".bak" file extension to ".dbx".
If the file was called "Archive.bak", for example, make sure it is named "Archive.dbx" now.
Open Outlook Express.
If your emails have been recovered, delete the ".dbx" file you moved to the Desktop.

Also if you do not find the files in the above location search your computer for *.Bak

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-lost-email-in-outlook-express-after-compacting.1160478/
Relevancy 70.95%

I updated to Windows earlier today Windows "lost" now good to found, gone Updated 10, files for I thought I had lost some important work files and some Updated to Windows 10, "lost" files found, now gone for good pics of my kiddo from the last months Found them by looking in the network folder Copied them to the desktop to remind myself to send a copy to my external hard drive when I got home Laptop restarted and when it came back on the files were gone I could search for them and find them but they wouldn't open In desperation I restored back to Windows in the hopes that they would be found but they are nowhere to be seen Don't even show up in a search System restore shows no prior restoration points Please can anyone help me I have about hours worth of work done that needs done by the end of the calendar year work that I will have to make up on my own time and not get paid for if I can't find these files I also have the last months worth of pictures of my daughter on there her birthday trip to the zoo visit with my sister things I want to put in her scrapbook Please tell me there's a way to find these things I don't know a ton about computers but I will answer any questions to the best of my ability

A:Updated to Windows 10, "lost" files found, now gone for good

Hi, how did you restore back to Win 8? - in the expected manner using the revert to previous OS within 30days?

Problem is if your files were deleted at some stage, the disk clusters holding them may well have been overwritten by all the disk activity.

To have any chance of recovering any of them, you needed to make sure there was as little or no disk write activity as possible.

First, if the files still exist and have not been deleted, without worrying exactly where they are, get a copy of locate32 (small. free)
Locate32 Download
on a USB flash drive in this case.

Use it to create a database- it will scan your entire disk drive- then search for one of your files.
The search takes a second or less.

If your files exist and have not been deleted, you will find them quickly.

If your files have been deleted, it's a question of probability as to whether they have been overwritten or not.
Recuva (free) is good... there are many commercial ones too.
You will need to run a scan - which will take a long time- and then you need to see if your files appear in the list.

I guess you never backed the files up or used disk imaging (which creates a complete backup from which you can completely recover your PC or extract files and is VERY strongly recommended to be use regularly. - Macrium Reflect, Aomei Backupper (both free). These are things to use in the future.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/32045-updated-windows-10-lost-files-found-now-gone-good.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hallo I recently got a blue do I lost "technician" How after treated retrieve data how BSOD screen just after start up with a message about a quot bad spool header quot My brother an amateur computer technician tried repairing it by making a backup and reloading windows before reloading my programs After I told him to leave well enough alone and not to do anything that drastic For some reason his back up did not work and he say when he try to reload my old Samsung backup months old via Samsung recovery the computer gets the same error again So I want advice with two problems What program to use to get back my recently created music word and picture files I know such a program should be loaded on my backup drive My backup contains a month old Windows image backup too except for the month old How do I retrieve lost data after how "technician" treated BSOD files backup Would the image backup restore the programs I had at the time and can I then put on top of that the files that are newer than the month old image backup In what order do I now go about retrieving data and then creating a computer that do not give a quot bad spool header quot message after start up

A:How do I retrieve lost data after how "technician" treated BSOD

Do you need more info? Just ask me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313812-how-do-i-retrieve-lost-data-after-how-technician-treated-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Somehow the task manager has lost the header tabs to move from applications header its Win7 has tabs Manager" "Task lost to processes to network It was there originally I also lose from time to time my Win7 "Task Manager" has lost its header tabs volume control icon and it doesn't become hidden it just disappears completey To change the volume I have to Win7 "Task Manager" has lost its header tabs either go into the control panel sound and then adjust the volume and leave that open if I need to turn it down OR reboot and it sometimes comes back When I go to 'notification Icons quot in control panel the icon and lettering for sound icon is not bold or high lighted but instead it is diminished I have also seen a popup stating that modification will take affect when it the sound is activated as a pop up but can't remember where I saw that happen Another question I have is Ihave only one machine my C drive has Vista ultimate all important files are on E F HD's removable or external drives I downloaded Win and burned a disk I removed the Gig C with Vista put a Gig drive in that location and installed Win So far so good and am very pleased with everything even with a few bugs Now I needed to go back to the Vista drive so I removed the Win drive reinstalled the Gig as C and received a prompt stating that win logon was not found So I got the Vista DVD and did a repair which worked If Win doesn't get an update to operate past August st and I go back to the Gig Vista drive will that happen again AND where does that file get stored when you originally install Does it go into the bios chip Only becasue when I went back to the Win HD I got virtually the same prompt for that other drive I am in the process of building another machine but because the computer I'm currently using is antiquated in comparrison and all new parts are required except for the chasis the cost is setting me back a bit Maybe when I do get everything I'll be able to do a dual OS but for now I have what I have Computer is an old dual xeon with ata drives going on yrs old but has been a work horse and needs to go to pasture

A:Win7 "Task Manager" has lost its header tabs

Hm. Double click on the edge of Task Manager.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n410/stone_cold_05/TaskManager.png
----
Norton AntiVirus 2009

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5de24270-db09-475b-89f2-152fa950c188/win7-quottask-managerquot-has-lost-its-header-tabs?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.95%

I had to reinstall Windows XP in order to fix a previous problem The installation seemed to proceed without any trouble However immediately after the reinstallation whenever I attempt to boot up the mouse USB optical which previously was fine is inoperative At the end of the boot up a screen appears which says quot The feature is on a CD ROM or other removable disk that is not available Insert status disk and click ok quot I don t know what disk is required Trying the Windows XP Lost Solved: file need "Status.msi" mouse function, disk in the D drive did not help If I click OK the following screen comes up quot try to find the installation package status msi in a folder from which you can install the product Status quot There is nothing wrong with the USB port Another mouse which works on Solved: Lost mouse function, need "Status.msi" file another computer also fails With the limited function I have using the keyboard everything else seems intact I am submitting this post on Solved: Lost mouse function, need "Status.msi" file another computer I have no idea Solved: Lost mouse function, need "Status.msi" file how to fix this problem nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Windows xp pro, 512 mb , 40 GB main drive NFTS.
attempted to use original Windows xp setup disk to "ADD sound volume control" to taskbar. Could NOT find its folder to "extract" from.

Previously had checked Start> Control Panel> Sound & audio devices ". Under AUDIO, tried to Ck [volume box]; got win error msg " Can not execute SNDVOL32EXE." " uSE "ADD/REMOVE - CONTROL PANEL ETC. "

sEARCH FOR SNDVOL32.EXE found it in C:\I386, ver 5.1.2600.0 ( xpclient .010817-1148). ( also found "EXPAND.exe & Extrac32.exe )

Volume control of Win Media Player works ok with CDs in both CD-DVD drives.

Question : How do I restore a sound Volume Control to the taskbar when I can't find it on the setup desk ?

A:Solved: Sound Volume control lost can not "add Program"

Follow the directions from Microsoft Support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-volume-control-lost-can-not-add-program.369799/
Relevancy 70.95%

i have a 40 gig western digital hard drive that does what i like to call "sometimin'" as in some times it works and sometimes it dont. i read somewhere that i could freeze the disk and this might fix the issue but i am unsure how to proceed. i have replaced the hard drive but i want to try to salvage this one and get the data off. i have a lot of music and games i purchased. BIOS is able to see the drive but windows is unable to read it even though it sometimes sees it. any suggestions would be great

A:harddrive is "sometiming"

Please take a look at the following link you will need Adobe Accrobat.

http://smicnsw.org.au/200 Ways To Revive A Hard Drive.pdf

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/harddrive-is-sometiming.16987/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there I ve searched a lot on the web for the answer to this problem but none that fit my particular situation Recently this error message has started popping up when I use word on my home computer quot Word has lost data due to a bad network connection or missing floppy Documents relying on this data are going to be saved and then closed quot word message: due to network..." "...lost 2007 data annoying a bad error However despite its threatening intent I have never lost data Its bloody annoying word 2007 annoying error message: "...lost data due to a bad network..." because it stops me typing I press ok and it goes away only to pop up at a seemingly random time later From my ultimately fruitless googling I have an idea that it is related to me syncing with an external hard drive and then using this external hard drive at my work computer When I do this I save directly to my external drive Unfortunately I have no choice because my work computer crashes if I try to sync it with my hard drive I don t know if my suspicians are right or wrong but I really hope that somebody can help me with this problem Thanks for your time nbsp

A:word 2007 annoying error message: "...lost data due to a bad network..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-annoying-error-message-lost-data-due-to-a-bad-network.1058239/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi: I want to add the Notes field to a Category view of appointments.

I managed to get the Notes field showing by using the Field Chooser, and picking Notes from the All Appointment Fields list.

I later removed the Notes column by dragging it off the bar with column names, and now can't get it back again.

I've looked in the Field chooser, but Notes no longer appears in the All Appointments fields list in Field chooser.

Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-lost-the-notes-field-in-calendar-by-category-view.469689/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have started a new thread since it is a long time since this error was discussed Below is a simple way to supress the error and somequestions as to why what MEI is perhaps miss-installed and what it does I have just installed windows on an ASUS Z -P andafter a number of tribulations I began to get the error - C User quot UserName quot AppData Local Temp xxxxxxLog iniislost at Boot and Logon xxxxxx are numeric digits Theerror is displayed by a process quot ASUSSetup quot in Task Manager which is killedwhen the error is acknowledged This problem seems to date back to and perhapsbeyond Staring at the message I guessed that there is a format error in it Itshould read - C User User -User AppData Local Temp xxxxxxLog ini islost There may be a number of similar files in Boot/Logon Z97-P ASUS Windows Pro, error: 7x64 lost" "xxxxxxLog.iniis c temp namedxxxxxxLog ini They contain the address of the ASUS MEI driver managementengine interface for example - SetupInfo ItemNum MiniInfo IniPath C windows MEI win - - - VER - M Install AsusSetup ini State Success The file causing the error will not be there so copyone of the others and call it xxxxxxLog ini Be sure to check that the folder - MEI win - - - VER - M is in C windows orwhere ever that folder exits The error should not now occur This may be considered less dangerous than editing theregistry I Windows 7x64 Pro, ASUS Z97-P Boot/Logon error: "xxxxxxLog.iniis lost" do not have any idea why these ini files are in thetemp file vulnerable to deletion They could be made read-only I suppose Also I do not know what the MEI is supposed to do If it is an interface Iwould expect an application to be provided somewhere For example the Intelfolder in start all Programs Intel which contains a Windows 7x64 Pro, ASUS Z97-P Boot/Logon error: "xxxxxxLog.iniis lost" Rapid Storage TechnologyApp Does anyone know the answers as to why MEI isapparently miss-installed Windows 7x64 Pro, ASUS Z97-P Boot/Logon error: "xxxxxxLog.iniis lost" and where is the interface rather than ad hoc edit in the registry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402612-windows-7x64-pro-asus-z97-p-boot-logon-error-xxxxxxlog-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I don't know how I did this but when I go to START and then select DOCUMENTS nothing happens at all It just mysteriously disappeared Everything else works just fine I'm flabbergasted really I have no idea what happened It's not hidden - I checked The only way I can access it is the old-fashioned long way c users owner name documents This is a real pain and I'd really like to resolve Start my my in Lost folder "Documents" Menu this Lost my "Documents" folder in my Start Menu There must be a way to do so has to be The Start Menu is supposed to be Quick Links and all the others ones on it open-up function work if you follow me Can any kind and bright members here please help me with this please Pretty please Also how did the folder move What could do this I need to know this to ensure that it never happens again I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition bit Crossing my fingers and toes here that I can get this problem fixed Thanks all and have a great day -

A:Lost my "Documents" folder in my Start Menu

Hello dottie5917, I am still a bit unsure what you mean "you lost your Documents folder" because you also mention that when you click on Documents in the Start Menu (I am assuming you mean the hyperlink) also nothing happens...let's see...if what you mean is that when you, from the Start Menu, click onto the hyperlink Documents and nothing happens (the Documents window does not open), then, I sugest you do the following: Go to Control Panel/Task Bar and Start Menu/click on the Start Menu Tab/then click on Custom or Personalise/scroll down until you see Documents/then make sure that "show as hyperlink" is ticked...if on the other hand you actually lost one of your folders inside the Documents window just: Do a Search for the folder using its name/transfer back the folder to the Documents window...and sorry but I am unsure what caused either of these situations...hope you can sort it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-my-documents-folder-in-my-start-menu-341663.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Please help me..lost my wireless connection in my "vista" laptop and I have tried everything that I know but this is not much - cheers

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I recently "lost" 2 keys on the keyboard (broke off) and I can't put them on again.
When I look at spare parts sites & supplier, this model can't be found at all ... which type of satellite do i have to select or what type of keyboad do i have to order to replace my borken one

A:Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2EU "lost" 2 keys on the keyboard

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-for-Tosh...-/151629203117

first hit on ebay wasnt to hard to find.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90839-Toshiba-Satellite-L50-B-2EU-quot-lost-quot-2-keys-on-the-keyboard
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

With FP 98 you could 'snag' any site off the web and edit in FP.

(Of course you could not change the site, but it was great for
learning).
I am about to get back into makeing my own site and a buddy
told me you can't do that with 2000. (Seems crazy to me)
Is this true?
If you still can can you tell me of a web site that would spell
out how to do it
so I can show him and decide witch prog to use.

Thanks for your time

Mitch

A:FP98 VS 2000, lost '"site snag" ???

You can still do it with FP2k.

There are two ways. The first is (If you are using IE5.0 - 5.5) to make sure you have specified that FP is your default HTML editor. Then surf to the site you want and hit the edit button on the toolbar. FP will then open....you will be prompted for passwords etc....just hit cancel and there you go.

The other way is to import the entire web to your HD. Open FP-->choose File, Import Web and specify the addy. Not too sure if this will work all the time, but it is worth a shot.

Naturally, you can also still do the File, Save As and then open your page in FP too.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fp98-vs-2000-lost-site-snag.52364/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an HP DV5 series laptop with an HDMI port. When I first plugged the HDMI cable in, I was given three options, mirrored, extended, or external only.
I selected extended, but now want to use external only.
How do I get that 3 option screen back up?, as it goes straight to extended every time I plug it in now.

Cheers

A:"lost" external dispaly default options

Originally Posted by Vagrantnz

I have an HP DV5 series laptop with an HDMI port. When I first plugged the HDMI cable in, I was given three options, mirrored, extended, or external only.
I selected extended, but now want to use external only.
How do I get that 3 option screen back up?, as it goes straight to extended every time I plug it in now.

Cheers

I read this "Hey I finally got it to work. The trick for me was a very simple one. Plug in the dock station then turn on the pc and while it still running the bois, close the pc and that?s it. I tried the Fn+F4 again. This time I tried it on a different monitor. Vista gave me the option to mirror, extend, or only display on the 2nd monitor. I had to dig to find where this option came from. Thanks Vista! It turns out that this option is a different option then the HP Fn one. I found it in my control panel > classic view > windows Mobility Center. I still haven?t tried to unplug it and plug it back in and regain the touch function. I?m just glad its working one way. Thanks I will post later if its works that way."

here:- Need help with HP dv5 (1003nr) - MP3Car.com

Don't know if it will help though.

Norm

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/199744-lost-external-dispaly-default-options.html
Relevancy 70.95%

First thanks for your time I am writing my autobiography and my son yo Solved: in 2000"cut" Lost Word HELP! MS words 25,000 was helping me save my book to Google docs as a back up It was too large so we decided to save the book in sections We highlighted of words I hit quot copy quot so I could paste it He took the mouse and hit quot cut quot It still Solved: Lost 25,000 words in MS Word 2000"cut" HELP! didn t fit in google docs and I forgot about it Word saved automatically words less In the meantime actually hours later I copied an address for some silly cat website I recounted my words this AM as I was Solved: Lost 25,000 words in MS Word 2000"cut" HELP! writing and I am words short I remembered what had happened and just hit paste but I all I got was the cat website HELP Is a quot cut quot file stored somewhere I found the forum posts on quot run Clipbrd quot but there was nothing Is there any hope I am and have lost the first yrs of my life from my book Dell Inspiron Windows XP MS Word old woman trying to compute nbsp

A:Solved: Lost 25,000 words in MS Word 2000"cut" HELP!

If you closed the file since the text was cut,it's probably gone.
If the file was left open and not saved,you may be able to right click
in the windows and click undo a couple of times til you get the text back
that was cut.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-25-000-words-in-ms-word-2000-cut-help.986802/
Relevancy 70.95%

hiya there yeah seem to have misplaced my music files the folders are still there physically but and have vids lost files "my pics, music" on opening the tracks they come up on have lost "my music" files and pics, vids the playlist media player but have a blatant red cross beside them and or quot file does not exist quot found a stack of my music files have lost "my music" files and pics, vids on a software prog that ive recently installed - WinUtilites am pretty sure ive used one of this prog s tools and have tempoararily moved them compressed archived them or something as files have lost "my music" files and pics, vids come up as single tracks all right in order but theres s of them as ive a rather large music library that i dont want to lose as theres lots of music which i havent burnt coz its not my thing but i love being able to swap tunes so although i have cd copies of most of the music i listen too would really like to retieve all the folders that i have ripped have had to restore system b so thats an obvious choice so if i have to do this is there a quick way of simply restoring the folders without my having to do each folder on an individual basis as this would take a mammoth session but will do it if theres no other way any help guidance or remarks concerning this dilema would be gratefully recieved and i promise not to shoot the messenger even if its news i dont wanna hear read many thanx pple - CHIN CHIN Johnny email protected nbsp

A:have lost "my music" files and pics, vids

for madmen only said:

hiya there

yeah seem to have misplaced my music files...the folders are still there physically but on opening the tracks they come up on the playlist media player but have a blatant red cross beside them., and or "file does not exist"

found a stack of my music files on a software prog that ive recently installed - WinUtilites. am pretty sure ive used one of this prog's tools and have tempoararily moved them...compressed, archived them or something as files come up as single tracks, all right in order, but theres 1,000's of them.

as ive a rather large music library that i dont want to lose, as theres lots of music which i havent burnt coz its not my thing...but i love being able to swap tunes so although i have cd copies of most of the music i listen too. would really like to retieve all the folders that i have ripped

have had to restore system b4 so thats an obvious choice, so if i have to do this is there a quick way of simply restoring the folders...without my having to do each folder on an individual basis. as this would take a mammoth session, but will do it if theres no other way.

any help, guidance or remarks concerning this dilema would be gratefully recieved and i promise not to shoot the messenger ... even if its news i dont wanna hear/read

many thanx pple - CHIN CHIN

Johnny [email protected]Click to expand...

You might want to remove your email address. Unless you like spam.
We can PM you if we need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-lost-my-music-files-and-pics-vids.688390/
Relevancy 70.95%

After searching through 50 non-working repairs for the dreaded
"Gee I lost my ability to see .avi thumbnails in XP" issue, here is
the working fix, and it's easy. Just two steps...

First, go to run and enter:

REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL

Then, go to CONTROL PANEL,
APPEARANCES AND THEMES,
Folder Options,
and choose the tab File Types.
Scroll down to .AVI

Finally, Go to ADVANCED, and choose
either Open or Play until the Set Default
button is no longer grayed out, and
click on Set Default.

Go back and check your folders, and in
moments, your ability to see .AVI thumbnails
will have returned.

Take care!
ModelT

A:FINALLY. A WORKING .AVI "Lost Thumbnail" Repair! Can't See .avi? Try This...

Thank you for sharing that information

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/finally-a-working-avi-lost-thumbnail-repair-cant-see-avi-try-this-77168.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi -- I m running Windows XP nd SP with "Show Recreate Icon/Can't Desktop" Lost IE Explorer updated to nd SP Somehow my quot show desktop quot shortcut got corrupted and wouldn t work and I now have a two-fold problem First I can t figure out how to recreate it it s also not in my START line-up I tried to follow directions in Microsoft Article ID and created the text file okay but when I went to save it as WINDOWS System Config Systemprofile Application Data Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch couldn t find that within System Profile where the article told me to save it couldn t find or get past the portion highlighted in red above Second when i tried to drag the icon I had successfully created onto the taskbar it became a cyan colored word on the cobalt blue background of the Taskbar and I can t get rid of it nor does it seem to serve any function How can I resolve these issues please TIA for your help Iris nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

A few days ago I lost my internet connection After rebooting my laptop Dell Inspiron my cable modem and my wireless router to no avail I called Cox my internet provider and they had me do some troubleshooting Results of ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright Lost my "media internet connection - disconnected" - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Terri gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe bff fe c e Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway Lost my internet connection - "media disconnected" Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe efe Default Gateway Because of the bad ip address Cox had me do an ipconfig release Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Terri gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C Documents and Settings Terri gt The above message made me look twice at the results of the ipconfig and I noticed for the first time the part about the ethernet adapter Cox had me physically connect my laptop to my cable modem with an ethernet cable - no luck At this point Cox informed me that this is probably a hardware problem Do you agree I ve noticed you typically request an ipconfig all so Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Terri gt Lost my internet connection - "media disconnected" ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Baby Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -AE- - C Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell TrueMobile WLAN Mini-PCI C ard Physical Address - - B- -C -E Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe bff fe c e Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Terri gt The local Data Doctors shop told me by phone that if my ethernet adapter is indeed bad I would have to replace my entire motherboard I d welcome any suggestions as to what else the problem might be Thank you Terri nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Gradually getting my head around W8 CP, however after a recent reboot the tile for "desktop" is now gone under metro.

Any ideas how to restore? If I right click and browse all apps it isn't present.

Having navigated to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I can't see a desktop shortcut there but I'm fairly sure there was one before. If someone could give me the information to recreate it as it appears on their system it would be most appreciated!

Cheers

CDJay

A:Lost "Desktop" shortcut/tile in Metro UI

Hello CDJay, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, you can use the "Show Desktop" shortcut at the link below to pin to your "Start" screen that will work like the default "Desktop" one.

Show Desktop Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Forums

In addition, you should also have a Desktop link in the "Desktop Tools" menu that you could use to open the desktop.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4703-lost-desktop-shortcut-tile-metro-ui.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Some time over the last few weeks I lost the Speaker Volume control icon on my Taskbar (Normally on the right side near the digital clock). I don't know what I did to make it leave, but I was looking for it just the other day and realized it was gone! I went into my Control Panel to access the audio sliders, and when I checked the box to display the volume control icon on the Taskbar, a text box popped up telling me that I have to install it from my add/remove programs function. Well, I can not find the Volume Control icon function anywhere, including on my original Windows XP Professional installation CD. Can anyone tell me how I can re-install the speaker Volume Control icon on my Taskbar?

Thanks!

Relevancy 70.95%

I was flipping through custom wallpapers the other day and noticed someone had made a lovely design; a red pool ball with a 7 on it... against a blackened background...

Try as hard as I could to find the design again, I couldn't...

Anyone know the permalink for the post please? Or the posters ID?

Thanks in advance...

A:Lost link to "Red 7 Pool Ball" Wallpaper...

Sorry, I can't seem to find it either. To anyone else looking, it is not in the Custom Windows 7 Wallpapers [4] thread. In the Custom Windows 7 Wallpapers [4]thread however, I searched from page 168 to page 151 without finding it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/210293-lost-link-red-7-pool-ball-wallpaper.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guyz,

somehow and i have no idea how, I have lost the "open with" option when opening files from within ms applications.

"open with" does appear on the right click menu when im in explorer but
If im in say MS word, and i click OPEN
then goto an excel file i used to be able to right click it and select "open with" and pick excel, and it would open,

however the "open with" option does not even appear now when i right click.

any ideas?
oh and its not the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With]
@="{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936}" KEY
as this refers just to open with menu vua explorer which isnt where im having my problem.

A:"open with" menu option lost when in ms applications

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-with-menu-option-lost-when-in-ms-applications.730676/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a new SSD to run my OS and formatted my HDD to use as storage. While I was trying to follow a guide to relocate the My Photos, My Documents, etc. folders to the HDD, I accidentally assigned the My Pictures folder to the entire E: drive. Is there any way to restore it back to the SSD so I can properly move it? When I right click the E: drive and go to properties-->location-->restore default, it shows its original location is in my Users file on my C: drive, but it does not allow me to restore it to the default location, giving me the error "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under E:\System Volume Information. Access denied."

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:Lost "My Pictures" Folder While Relocating to New Drive

You did not lose it. It just got misplaced.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66264-lost-my-pictures-folder-while-relocating-new-drive.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Mod Edit split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t no-internet-connection-and-motohelper-service-pop-up-after-cleaning-a-virus ipboard body boopme Hi I'm having a similar issue as the gentlemen a year ago I followed your instructions and have generated each internet connection and Lost "Motohelper service" log However my computer doesn't seem to like it when I try to run the GMER check It gives a bad pool header error and gives me a blue screen Please advise on how to prevent that Lost internet connection and "Motohelper service" Any help is appreciated Here are the logs for everything other than GMER Results of screen 's Security Check version Windows XP Service Pack x Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check Windows Firewall Enabled AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Antivirus up to date Anti-malware Other Utilities Check Java Update Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date Adobe Flash Player Adobe Reader Adobe Reader XI Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Google Chrome Process Check objlist exe by Laurent AVG avgwdsvc exe AVG avgrsx exe AVG avgnsx exe AVG avgemc exe System Health check Total Fragmentation on Drive C Defragment your hard drive soon Do NOT defrag if SSD End of Log Results of screen 's Security Check version Windows XP Service Pack x Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check Windows Firewall Enabled AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Antivirus up to date Anti-malware Other Utilities Check Java Update Adobe Flash Player Lost internet connection and "Motohelper service" Flash Player out of Date Adobe Flash Player Adobe Reader Adobe Reader XI Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Google Chrome Process Check objlist exe by Laurent AVG avgwdsvc exe AVG avgrsx exe AVG avgnsx exe AVG avgemc exe System Health check Total Fragmentation on Drive C Defragment your hard drive soon Do NOT defrag if SSD End of Log MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Brandon administrator on - - at Running from C Documents and Settings Brandon Desktop Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Hosts content localhost IP Configuration Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E GBE NIC Local Area Connection Connected ---------------------------------- Interface IP Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ip Interface IP Configuration for Local Area Connection set address name Local Area Connection source dhcp set dns name Local Area Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Local Area Connection source dhcp popd End of interface IP configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name DJ DYCK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E GBE NIC Physical Address - -E - - - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x e d Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E GBE NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C WINDOWS system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C WINDOWS system winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C WINDOWS system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C WINDOWS system AdpeakProxy dll File not found Catalog C WINDOWS system AdpeakProxy dll File not found Catalog C WINDOWS system mswsock dll Mic... Read more

A:Lost internet connection and "Motohelper service"

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Download tdss killerhttp://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe
Right Click it Run As Admin xp users double click . Click on Change parameters Select TDLFS file system
Hit the Scan button Post the LOG In your next reply
Do not change the default options on scan results

Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.
http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
Save it to your desktop.
Right click run as admin.
Hit the scan button.
Allow completion.
Make sure all items are ticked.
Hit the clean button.
Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.
The machine will reboot this is normal.
Post the log in your next reply.
Run the junkware removal tool post the log.http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe

Update and then run another quick  scan with malwarebytes in normal mode remove all it finds post the new log here.

Run a scan with Eset. You will need to disable your antivirus during this scan.http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
Make sure remove found threats and scan archives is checked.
When the scan finish list found threats save to clipboard copy to notepad Post the log here.
Download, & save & then run the MS Safety scanner\
Run a Full Scanhttp://www.microsoft...us/default.aspx
Post. the result.

The safety scanner log should be called msert.txt
It should be located in the same folder as where you had msert.exe
If not there, then look for it under c:\windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517812/lost-internet-connection-and-motohelper-service/