Windows Support Forum

AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution)

Q: AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution)

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 110.94%

I got a new system with ATI Radeon HD The computer started up well I then ran Portal which crashed the computer in two minutes or so When I restarted the screen the BIOS opening screen and Windows had black lines on it Windows crashed about five minutes after start up I turned off the computer waited an hour and turned it back on No black lines I then run FurMark with standard settings In eighty seconds the computer crashed temperature reached degs Black Radeon 6950: lines AMD by followed crash Black HD lines return Turn off wait an hour turn on- black lines are gone I then removed overclocking and went back to BIOS quot safe quot settings Portal crashed in two AMD Radeon HD 6950: Black lines followed by crash minutes FurMark crashed in about five minutes Black lines returned and now they re staying both on boot screen and on Windows I tried reseating the GPU black lines are still there I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled the GPU driver Black lines are still there again BIOS screen and Windows Again the computer crashes in a few minutes I disable the driver or go to safe mode- computer runs well with the obvious lack of a GPU - Any ideas suggestions Or is this just a faulty GPU nbsp

A:AMD Radeon HD 6950: Black lines followed by crash

I'm sorry to say that that's most likely a faulty GPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-hd-6950-black-lines-followed-by-crash.1046586/
Relevancy 102.77%

When i first got this graphics card HD- XXX I installed it in my machine to replace my old HD card which I had HD XFX 6950 screen Black XXX never had a problem with It worked perfectly the first day however the next XFX HD 6950 XXX Black screen day i was XFX HD 6950 XXX Black screen playing Battlefield suddenly my computer crashed I tried to boot it up and said that quot boot manager quot was missing I promptly fixed that error in the repair toolkit on the windows install disk and restarted the XFX HD 6950 XXX Black screen computer It started fine with no errors untill it got to the logon screen where there were uniform black lines about an inch apart from each others horizontally across the screen I can control the mouse and can type in my password as the logon screen still clearly shows behind the black lines but when I log on the screen goes black and I can do absolutly nothing - the cursor doesn t even show however there is still the link between the screen and the GPU as the screen hadn t gon into standby Afer waiting minutes i desided to restart quot x quot amount of times with the same exact problem I decided to re-install my old GPU XFX HD installing the drivers again etc and it worked perfectly with no problem I am thinking that this problem is with the HD card and I would appriciate fast advice as i have just spent upgrading my rig and there is a limited returns warrenty nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

my computer only runs in black and white and 16 color i am not able to change screen resolution either

A:My Pc Only Runs 16 And Black And White Display Cant Change Settings For Resolution Or Color

^ [off topic] you could have given some details
abt your computer , OS and video card sothat
someone would be able to suggest a solution ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68239/my-pc-only-runs-16-and-black-and-white-display-cant-change-settings-for-resolution-or-color/
Relevancy 92.88%
A:Half black, half white screen with picture of 3 black leaves...

Hello @rpickard, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you believe the screen may be cracked. You can try performing a Hard Reset.  However, based on the information that you provided, the screen is likely damaged.  You can try reviewing the following document to verify, and for additional options: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Half-black-half-white-screen-with-picture-of-3-black-leaves/td-p/5621453
Relevancy 89.44%

On any website that I visit; all backgrounds are black and all text is white. How can I reverse this? Also, I am a stamp collector. When I visit Linns Stamp News all the web addresses are blacked out. How do I keep that from happening? While I'm at it my computer has slowed down considerably. I run Microsoft Essentials weekly, but it tells me that all is secure.
Thank you, sincerely, Kleon24

A:White to black background, white text to black

I think you can go to tools>options>colors and tick "Use windows colors".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-to-black-background-white-text-to-black.1076400/
Relevancy 89.01%

On a Windows 2000 desktop, all of the shortcuts (have the little arrow in their corners) have grey shortcut boxes with black arrows rather than the white box with black arrows like is normal. The icons themselves are fine, its the Shortcut part that is wrong.

At boot up the Windows logo has a lot of horizontal lines in the image; the Windows 2000 image on the side of the Start menu also has a lot of lines in it.

Spybot removed 32 items which fixed some of the issues (like the covered min/max/close buttons which we had) but not everything. Has anyone seen these issues? Any fix ideas? I'll run HiJack This next time I connect but I'd like a few more options to try before spending time on this issue...

A:W2k: Shortcuts are grey-and-black not white-and-black; Windows logos corrupted

For your shortcuts, try this:

Start>>Run. In Run type "assoc.lnk=lnkfile" (without the quotes), clikc OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-shortcuts-are-grey-and-black-not-white-and-black-windows-logos-corrupted.670339/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 87.72%

howdy folks this is the second time we ve had this problem and i know it s from some kind of malware but i don t know how to find out what spybot s amp d and adaware do not remove it neither does defender neither does symantec corporate last time i ended up formatting my hard drive and starting over but i don t want to do that again here s the problem computer boots up fine windows XP PRO SP loads fine the display is beautiful and all is well until suddenly after a brief moment maybe seconds after windows loads the display suddenly switches to black and white except the icons are still in color but they act funky if you hover over them or click on them i just read in another post about the quot hack this quot analyzer i will try downloading it tonight and post the log here afterwards in the mean time i was wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior and might already know the fix thanks debi ubernosky email protected nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Hello,

I am new to this site and in need of some assistance. I am running windows 7 home premium. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD560. i was on my computer the other day and noticed that it started to run slow. I restarted it and worked a bit faster. after about another hour of surfing and running different programs the screen went from color to black and white. i have tried to uninstall the video driver and reinstalled (which exagerated my screen icons and indows) but no changes to the color. i saw soe forums where they suggest replacing the video card. but i dont know if that is the issue. I am also using a samsung tv as a monitor. when i change the tv to tv mode i get color. i can also print in color. please help. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I just got a copy of black and white and it keeps crashing on me It always crashes at the same point in the game, as soon as you enter a room it gives me an illegal operation and throws me out. I have tried reinstalling the game, closing all tasks except explorer and systray, I've increased my VM, I've re-installed DirectX v8, re-installed my video driver but it just doesn't want to work. I have tried the game on a mates PC and it worked fine, so I know its not a problem with the cd. I've tried another cd drive, still nothing.

Specs:

O/S : Win98 SE
Processor: PIII 933
HDD : 40GB
RAM: 384MB
Video Card: 32MB GeForce

I would appreciate any Ideas

Cheers!

Relevancy 86.86%

Ok this is what happened I have been playing Black and White for about a week now and everything was going fine until today. I played earlier today and it was fine then i quit playing. I performed a defrag and created a quick launch icon those are the only things that i did. then later i went to play again and the game started all over at the very begging..... very discouraging.....and was wondering if there was a way to see if my game was still saved on my computer anywhere (I hope) Or if not, what might have caused this so that i can avoid this from happening it the future. All replies are appreciated. Thank You!

[Edited by jthelpless on 05-15-2001 at 05:54 AM]

Relevancy 86.86%

i've been noticing some very of Death? White/Black Screen strange things going on with my XP When the system would start up it could randomly do of things Load all the drivers windows booting screen and then turn white and freeze requiring a restart if you plan to use the White/Black Screen of Death? computer Load all the drivers and then turn black and freeze requiring a restart if you plan to use the computer Load all the drivers and perform a correct start up logon and all White/Black Screen of Death? if it loads correctly the system would run fine but on rare occasions it might suddenly restart VPU recover i have an ATI and it only happened when i was crunching BOINC Wu's or suddenly freeze I figured it was my ATI driver knowing how crappy ati drivers were and uninstalled the ati chipset driver and Catalyst Only when i restarted to reinstall the ATi driver the same thing happened with the WSOD now i think it may be the graphics card itself i found no other problems with my system except for that problem No Malware at all i ran scans with Norton MalwareBytes Spybot Trend Micro MSE and bitdefender Trend Micro and Bitdefender were online scanners any guesses Specs XP Professional SP Pentium IV GHz HT x GB RAM ATI HD Radeon GB Maxtor GM Maxtor OCZ GameXstream W PSU

A:White/Black Screen of Death?

you can give this a read and see if it applies in any way.
http://www.prevx.com/blog.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-black-screen-of-death-445651.html
Relevancy 86.86%

All right I currently have windows xp and everything was working last night. When I tried to turn my computer on this morning my computer booted up until the point where I should have been able to put in my password but instead I got a Black screen with only the mouse cursor in the middle. I can move the cursor around but that is all I can do. Can anyone here help me with this.

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys I'm having some trouble with my computer Black Help!!!! XP: screen, cursor..... white and I'm hoping someone can help it is a Dell system with a pentium GHz Processor and Mb RAM Basically I was working away on my computer and I think I got the quot blue screen of death quot I thought the computer would be OK if I restarted it but now it just turns on and goes to a black screen with XP: Black screen, white cursor..... Help!!!! a blinking XP: Black screen, white cursor..... Help!!!! white cursor in the top left corner I have looked around on the internet and can see this is a problem quite a few people have had Now when I turn the computer on I have the options of pressing F or F F allows me to enter setup which is a menu with a blue screen with options such as 'System' 'Drives' 'Onboard Devices' etc F allows me to enter the 'boot menu' where the options are Onboard SATA harddrive Onboard USB or CD-Rom drive System Setup Hard Drive Diagnostics Boot XP: Black screen, white cursor..... Help!!!! to utility partition I think I know what caused me to get this problem I was trying to obtain data files however the website I was on told me to run a setup of a program I was dubious about this as when I double clicked the setup file the first install page was in Spanish and I couldn't understand it I pressed the icon which looked like a piece of paper as I thought that might be the option to change the language and that is what caused the blue screen to occur Also I would like to retrieve files off the hard drive if it turns out that I need to reinstall windows Thanks for your time Watto

A:XP: Black screen, white cursor..... Help!!!!

hi Watto, press F2 to enter set up and look in 'Drives' to see if your hard drive is recognised. If it is, then go to F12 and run hard drive diagnostics. You can also go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and download their own diagnostics which have to be burned to disk as a .iso (not just copied to disk). Now as for retrieving files, you could take the hard drive out of the computer, place it in a usb caddy and attach to a working computer via usb to see if you can retrieve the files. Before trying this however I would see if the drive is recognised in your BIOS. When you got the blue screen you mention did you see any error messages? Be grateful if you could post back to let us know your progress.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-black-screen-white-cursor-help-561902.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

My Windows 7 has stopped working

All I get after the bios starts up is a blank (black) screen and a white cursor.

I do not have a Windows 7 recovery disk and only a Windows Vista one. If I re-intsall Windows Vista I assume I will lose everything off my partition.

Can you tell me if I can fix my Windows 7 installation

If not can you tell me a way of not losing some sentimentally valuable files?

A:black screen white cursor

The files you can recover with this program ( Computer First Aid Using Knoppix ). To diagnose your problem, we would need more info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/27028-black-screen-white-cursor.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm running Windows 7.
Last night I installed normal updates.
This morning I try logging in to my computer.
On my user/admin account The screen will either turn black (no pointer), or white (with pointer).
On both safe mode and my Guest account on normal mode, it works perfectly fine.
Login takes a very long time.

I need help...
This is a three month old computer, came with Windows 7.
Working perfectly fine until now.
And I really don't want to pay $50 for support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-or-white-screen-on-login.928584/
Relevancy 86.86%

Dear sir or madam,

I have been having some problems with me dell inspiron 6400, running windows vista.

Recently someone dropped it.

I turned it on, but only a black screen loaded with a white cursor after the green progress bar screen
I then turned it on using safe mode and it loaded fine. I then turned it back on in normal mode and it worked.

However, after doing this process twice, now i am unable to even load safe mode.

I have tried to reinstall factory defaults, but i have been unsuccessful in trying to use both ctrl f11 or f8, (found these form google searching)

Is there any other way to restore factory defaults without the disc on my system, or do you know what might be wrong with it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Shaun Barnes.

A:Black screen white cursor

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4508/29527540.jpg

This is an image of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-white-cursor.951730/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a frst attached. Windows 7 booted to a black screen with pointer floating around. Startup repair and system restore were unsuccessful. Tried last known good configuration and that did not work either.

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST data, not allowed in this forum (which does not deal with maleare).  situation described occurs for varied reasons, most ow which have nothing to do with malware - Hamluis.

A:Black Screen with white pointer

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have a installation disc for your copy of Windows 7?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510534/black-screen-with-white-pointer/
Relevancy 86.86%

Lately I have one problem on my PC.

I use Win Xp SP3 , fresh reinstalled 2 months ago.

But.... randomly its freeze while I am doing something, majorly while playing some games , but also while I am on internet or while I am doing anything other on comp, after he freeze I go for restart, then he shows small white vertical strips all over black screen on start until he comes to windows logo then he freeze again. :S

I tried to go to safe mode and run avast for scan and he shows nothing, but after that I restart and everything is back to normal.

Now this happens few more times..... did anyone had similar problem , pls help .

THX in forward
Nadin Dizdarevic

A:Black screen white strips, pls help :S

when in safe mode is the screen normal? If so, sounds like it could be problem with the graphics driver/card. Is it a separate card or chip on the motherboard. Have you tried updating the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-white-strips-pls-help-s-547398.html
Relevancy 86.86%

My laptop is a few years old and today after I log in I get a black screen with a white cursor. I've read a few threads on forums and have tried taking battery out & pressing on button for 30secs-2mins (tried twice). I can access everything ok in Safe Mode, so did a malware bites scan & registry clean-up. No maleware was found and I restarted but still same black screen appears when logging in normal mode. I've tried to access Advanced tab in BIOS to do hardware test but I don't have that tab. I'm running out of ideas. Please help

A:Black screen with white cursor after log in

B_S2 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Since it works OK in safe mode, then it's SOMETHING that is being loaded at startup that is trashing the display.  Could be a runtime program; could be drivers, could be a Service. No easy way to tell. Boot into safe mode, enter MSCONFIG in the start area.  When that opens, disable ALL the start items. Reboot. If the PC now works, it's one (or more) of those items -- and you have to go through a tedious process of re-enabling them one at a time until the PC fails again.  The last one you re-enabled was the problem. Here's a tutorial on how to do this: http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/ If the PC still does not run right with all the startup items disabled, then go back into msconfig and select the Services tab.  Check the box to hide the MS services.  Then, disable the upper half of the Services.  Reboot. If problem is fixed, then you have to go through a tedious process of re-enabling one Service at a time until you find the one that is the problem. If the problem is not fixed, then disable the other half of the services.  Repeat as above. No easy way to do this ...Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Black-screen-with-white-cursor-after-log-in/td-p/5767704
Relevancy 86.86%

help me please no matter what way i start the laptop it always comes up with a black screen and a blinking white bar but i can not type anything at all.... please someone help me!!!message edited by zillian6996

A:black screen & white blinking bar

Make and model of laptop isfirst itme pholks here need.Have you installed "anything" immediately prior to (before) the problem arrived?Can you get into safe-mode? Press F8 when the system starts up; you may have to press it a few times, even possibly simply press and hold.One thing to try as occasionally it works.Remove all power, battery included. Then press and hold the on/off button for about half a minute or so. This discharges residual power in assorted components. Then restore normal power (battery included) and see if it will boot up ok.Any "beeps" when the system starts up? If so what are they?message edited by trvlr

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/black-screen-white-blinking-bar/1915.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently downloaded some viruses or whatever on to my pc. I'm not very good with computers and my first reaction was to use malwarebytes to remove. It said I had hundreds of Pups and I removed them all. After that it said I needed to restart to apply effects. After the restart, I could login with my password. After that it comes up with a black screen and a little bar on the bottom left. It has an x, a question mark, and a 'wind...'. Upon clicking the wind... A reflection bar goes up and you can select close or move.

A:Pc black screen with a little white bar on bottom

Selection* not reflection sorry

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/pc-black-screen-little-white-bar-bottom-4609529/
Relevancy 86.86%

My computer was freezing and restarting by itself for months so i was suggested to get a new motherboard so i ordered an LGA intel boxdg43gt. after installing a new OS to my hardrive it has me make a username and pass then after restarting again it posts and stops at a black screen with a blinking underscore (no logo screen yet).

I tried booting from the cd again but when it hits the screen "press any key to boot from cd" pressing any key does not do anything.

Im stuck here guys and you guys have always come though for me for years help!

A:Black screen white underscore

Wipe the HDD with DOS-based Killdisk - Format HDD - sysnative.com - MVP

Then reinstall Windows 7 from DVD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-white-underscore-552767.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7628 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8400, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 932493 MB, Free - 876990 MB; D: Total - 19413 MB, Free - 2430 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2B05
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
Suddenly every window that I bring up is mostly bright white and black with very little color. I would like to know the best way to get back the factory setting that I had to start with or maybe just learn how to restore everything back to a past date.

A:Mostly black and white images on screen

Welcome to the TSG Forums.....

Thank you for using the TSG SysInfo tool to provide details of your system. In addition could you please provide make and model number of your computer.

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mostly-black-and-white-images-on-screen.1144192/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have this strange error of B amp W doing flickers every or so minutes the quot when it does it quot time is unstable anyway so I can t explain in great detail The screen flickers it will make a freeze and then it goes black for seconds flicker and White Black 2 screen or sometimes even more then it will freeze and go black and again until it stops or I do a quot Control Alt Supr quot command Then the problem gets back again I have tried a lot of fixes possible for instance I have tried to change the Nvidia control panel thinking it was the antialias or anisotropic and such but no none of them are the problem Not even VSync Triple Buffer Threaded Optimization or any other feature So this isn t probably Nvidia s fault but I m not sure I tried to do quot Compatibility quot run from Windows to Windows XP none changed anything quot Black and White 2 screen flicker Running as admin quot and even some like quot Disable visual themes Black and White 2 screen flicker quot too but still flickers My system can handle BW very easily but why is it so unstable Can anyone please find a fix for this Of course these are my specs Windows -bit Nvidia GTX Intel Q Quad Core GHz GB of RAM Yes it has the latest drivers Yes I have the latest DirectX My system does not overheat GPU goes at c as average which is fine until it reaches c nbsp

A:Black and White 2 screen flicker

Is it only for this game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-and-white-2-screen-flicker.1058913/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all,
I'm not sure what went wrong with my pc this morning. It started normally but then went to a black screen. I still have the cursor and I can move it, but everything else is gone.
I don't know all the details of my pc I just know its an older Dell, nothing fancy about it, basic box stock 3yrs ago. I tried unplugging my video card and just using the integrated one, but it does the same thing.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

A:Black Screen, White Cursor

What is the operating system? This is not the correct forum but I need that information to know where to move it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-white-cursor.1016925/
Relevancy 86.86%

It seems kinda poetic doesn't it A white cursor moving on an empty black screen it can go anywhere it wants but it is unable to do anything I'm working on a friend's computer I dunno what he did I probably don't want to know what he did but it is irrelevent It's an Acer Extensa Costco special nothing special here henever the computer boots up it boots up to a completely black screen the only thing there is the white cursor Now I assumed this was a screen hide virus kind of like the icon hider but I'm completely lost here Usually you can get around something like that by starting in safe mode well not this one I've tried starting up in safe mode and I get the same result I've also tried going through the setup screen but nothing there seems out of place I can't really run anything or do -anything- So really anything would be helpful Basically Push power button computer turns on to Acer screen with the option to press F to enter setup then you get a black screen with windows did not resume properly last time it was shut down blah blah blah safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt or start windows normally if you choose a safe mode you get the files loading screen which details all the start up files if you click start windows normally you get the little green loading bar After the loading process is complete the white cursor shows up and everything is black No right click response no ctrl alt del response no nothing that I can white screen on The the cursor black figure

A:The white cursor on the black screen

Have you tried to boot the computer into safe mode? You can press the F8 button right after you hit the F2 button and choose an option like safe mode with networking or last know good configuration. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486291/the-white-cursor-on-the-black-screen/
Relevancy 86.86%

The lovely inspirion I got as a graduation present for college crashed on me randomly I tried to turn it back on and all I can do is get past the first losing screen and then all I get is a white slash and I can only press f Not even safe mode But if I don t click anything that it just restarts And I tried to reinstall Windows but it damn near t takes all day and than tells me threats step slash.. white with black screen to restart my pc and put black screen with white slash.. in the disk and I do and it does the same thing I looked at my system information and it says everything is okay So I m confused haha I had some relatives look but they were not help at all I got told the Hargrove was bad or the DVD thing was and maybe the ram But it reads everything as good - - any one got a clue nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

So I'm trying to help a person I work with whose computer's been having problems I've come across several problems in the past Black with screen cursor white and always been able to fix whatever software hardware issues I've had So I figured I'd help Her problem however is Black screen with white cursor something I've never seen before and just recently read about First things first she's using Windows Vista Premium -bit edition Her computers problem After boot menu it goes to a black screen with a blinking white cursor She said it was fine one day not the next Some business did something or whatever and it stopped working Whatever the case it's not working now This problem from what I've read is caused by several different things Computer not waking from sleep hibernate mode Software issues or faulty hardware Possibly a issue with the Bios The most likely causing the issue seems to me like it would be software Her Bio's are fine and I reset them to normal Her hard drive is working because it gets to the boot menu at least before failing to enter windows So the most likely choice causing this is software Right I mean that's the only thing I can see causing it I also tried putting her computer into safe mode then realized it didn't even seem to have a safe mode Does that version of windows support safe mode No keys said enter safe mode and the typical F didn't work She doesn't have a windows CD because apparently it never came with her computer when she bought it And she has a lot of files on her computer she needs So at the least I wanted to get on to save those before even considering a reformat But I can't even seem to get to windows not even system recovery Both lead to the black screen with a blinking white cursor that does nothing Anyway any information would be helpful

A:Black screen with white cursor

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

all versions of windows offer safe mode

when you cannot enter s/mode it usually means the problem is h/ware related

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-white-cursor-585447.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi first my brothers laptop had this issue so took it to a friend who is going to try sort it and now its happened to my old one i got from mums Ok basically its something my brother is doing he came in saying the laptop turns on then goes to a black screen with white cursor windows i can not get past this at all amp i have important vids pics docs etc on the laptop unfortunatly im not very techy at the mo amp didnt know how to backup the hard drive i turn on laptop amp keep pressing f and then it goes to some advance thing ive tried the repair computer says no probs found ive tried system retore says no restore Black (Help please) cursor screen white points i have no clue whats happened ps ctrl alt delete does nothing i can only get to system restore and command promt etc if i keep clicking f to f Black screen white cursor (Help please) then system repair then access command promt etc from their whys the no restore points i thought windows automatically does this please help as im so fed up as this has now happend to both laptops now thankyou

A:Black screen white cursor (Help please)

Black screen errors are very difficult to diagnose and fix.  Even more so since it won't get into Windows at any point.
What happens when you tap F8 during startup - can you get into Safe Mode?
If so, backup your stuff from there.

If not, you can slave your hard drive to another computer and copy the data over from there.
You can also backup from the command prompt if you're comfortable working at the command line

Windows doesn't automatically set restore points as they take up a fair amount of hard drive space.
You have to tell it to do it.

I'd suggest that you concentrate on backing up your data.
And once that is done, wipe the hard drive clean and start over with a fresh install of Windows.

Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578517/black-screen-white-cursor-help-please/
Relevancy 86.86%

My Notebook had a re-set and now all I have is a black screen with a flashing white cursor. Also the screen keeps going from blue to black. It's not even going to the operating system page.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-screen-with-white-cursor/td-p/5597222
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a laptop with a touchscreen and almost a year after buying it I would get black places with vertical white stripes on the screen Sometimes they took up the whole screen sometimes they were only an inch thick They always seemed to be changing in size quickly and were always the full length of the screen A computer mechanic said it was a short in the screen It happened especially when I tilted the screen I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS Less than a week later it is starting to do it again just a little but it seems and lines black screen on White like it will get worse I do a lot of MS office for school and my sister plays the Sims and free tv sites but she doesn t download anything Please let me know if you need White and black lines on screen anymore information and provide specific steps on how to get it because I haven t gotten this lingo down yet Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free White and black lines on screen - MB Motherboard Acer MA HW Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:White and black lines on screen

I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS. Less than a week later it is starting to do it againClick to expand...

Send it in again; clearly they did not fix the problem if it is starting to occur again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-and-black-lines-on-screen.1148906/
Relevancy 86.86%

With windows White Screen Black Cursor x I Black Screen White Cursor have seen many questions answered about this but I feel like I have slight different problem Many of these issues have been solved by downloading or buying a windows recovery disc My problem is obviously from the start up I get the black screen with the blinking cursor Windows shut down on me the other night as it looked to be preparing to download an update and after it did update it went to restart and failed to load windows I cannot press F and get to the recovery menu Now I have a Dell Inspiron R N One thing I have found different from the normal windows recovery disc is that it does not include the option quot Windows Complete PC Restore quot where the quot System Image Recovery quot is I don't think I used this to restore the PC the one time that I did it I believe I used the option at the bottom of the dell recovery partition named quot Dell Backup and Recovery Manager quot But being unable to get into the advance start up options with F I cannot access the Dell recovery manager So I used the windows recovery disc that I burned with my other computer which is not a dell and the options do not work I cannot system restore and when it does work it still wont boot There are no problems with the start up repair The temperatures are normal The diagnostic test available from the boot options menu verified that all my hardware worked properly and even everything says my OS boot up is working properly Also with the regedit command used in the command prompt option I see all my information from my hard drive Also I see and can access folders with files when I try and install drivers when messing with the system image recovery settings so i assume my hard drive is fine Can anyone help me please I've had a ton of issues with laptops before but this one is stumping me I thought maybe download the Dell Backup and Recovery Manager from their site but its for XP and specific products My warranty is up I do not want to open it or bring it to a shop as I believe the problem is fixable Just need some outside information Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-white-cursor-634592.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi recently I installed a new motherboard and since it did not support RAID I had to install the OS onto one of the HD's. After creating a username and password the computer restarted again and after posting went straight to a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left. I tried booting from the CD again but when it says "press any key to boot from cd" nothing happens when i push any key on my keyboard. Any suggestions?

A:Black screen White underscore

ok scratch that i can boot from cd any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380577/black-screen-white-underscore/
Relevancy 86.86%

So I was running through westfall on my gnome mage (ALT) and bumped into a much lower level ripper, as usual frost nova and keep running! But my system crashed, couldn't alt + tab or clsoe the program. Rebooted my computer which I have own for approx 5 months and it reads the motherboard fine then goes onto this black screen with a white flashing underscore. IF you leave it long enough it moves to another screen within the bios asking you what state you want to boot windows up in. None of my keyboard buttons work on this page and when the timer runs from 30 to 0 instead of booting up it just crash's...

Once i got a step further and I was on the XP loading screen but it never loaded.

Any ideas? :/

A:Black screen, white underscore...

What are the specs of your computer, could be the power supply, or memory is your system overclocked. When your computer is booting are there any beeps?

Try booting from a XP disc and run recovery console then type chkdsk -r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-white-underscore-360136.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Dear Sir appreciate your support to help me solving the problem of black screen with white cursor i have tried all possibles but no luck Hope you will be able to help me below is the frst txt file that i am getting Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-OJPCGEJ white screen with cursor Black on - - Running from j Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United Black screen with white cursor States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run SynTPEnh gt C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM Run TelevisionFanatic Home Page Guard bit gt C Program Files x TelevisionFanatic bar bin AppIntegrator exe - - HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run Corel File Shell Monitor gt C Program Files x Corel Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X CorelIOMonitor exe - - HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime qttask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run DpAgent gt C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin dpagent exe - - DigitalPersona Inc HKLM-x Run QlbCtrl exe gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P HKLM-x Run Easybits Recovery gt C Program Files x EasyBits For Kids ezRecover exe - - EasyBits Software AS HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run WirelessAssistant gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run BCSSync gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater gt C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe - - Ask HKLM-x Run ApnTBMon gt C Program Files x AskPartnerNetwork Toolbar Updater TBNotifier exe - - APN HKLM-x Run vProt gt C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe - - HKLM-x Run WSHelperSetup exe gt C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe - - Wondershare HKLM-x Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe gt C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe - - Wondershare HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run VNT gt C Program Files x VNT vntldr exe - - APN LLC HKLM-x Run BlueStacks Agent gt C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Agent exe - - BlueStack Systems Inc HKLM-x Run TelevisionFanatic EPM Support gt C Program Files x TelevisionFanatic bar bin medint exe - - Mindspark Interactive Network Inc HKLM-x Run TelevisionFanatic Search Scope Monitor gt C Program Files x TelevisionFanatic bar bin SrchMn exe - - Mindspark HKLM-x Run TelevisionFanatic Browser Plugin Loader gt C Program Files x TelevisionFanatic bar bin brmon exe - - VER COMPANY NAME HKLM-x Run TelevisionFanatic Browser Plugin Loader gt C Program Files x TelevisionFanatic bar bin brmon exe - - VER COMPANY NAME HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel ... Read more

A:Black screen with white cursor

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your computer and will try my best to help you. I know that being infected is very frustrating, but I will be here to help you through the whole process of cleaning. Removing malware can be difficult and complicated and will most likely take many steps, so please stick with me until I have declared your computer clean. I always recommend printing my instructions before following them in case you cannot keep this webpage open. Please be sure to alway follow all steps exactly as they are written and let me know what happens each time. Stop and ask if something unexpected happens or if you are unsure of how to proceed.Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.Can you tell me what you were doing right before this happened (like installing a new piece of software, or removing something)?Do you use Norton for your anti-virus?Can you get into Safe Mode by tapping F8 while the computer is booting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551022/black-screen-with-white-cursor/
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently bought a Sigma Real-Magic X-Card.
I connected a S-Video kabel to the S-video output. At the TV I used a S-Video to SCART connector. The picture is Black and White. Why?

A:Black and White screen on X-card

sounds to me like viewing a SECAM output on a PAL TV or vice-versa....

SECAM, the french system, has the same line number as PAL, the UK system, but a different color.

Hence, they display as B&W on each others displays

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-and-white-screen-on-x-card.2773/
Relevancy 86.86%

My computer won't load...when you turn the computer on all you get is a black screen with a white blinking line in the corner. Even if you press f8 while you're booting, it still does the same thing and it just makes the beeping sound. It does say that SMART failure is imminent, does this mean my hard drive has failed and need replacement?

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello,
I have a dell studio 1558 laptop. Yesterday i slept ehile the laptop was on , morning when i got up all i could see was black screen with white cursor at left most part blinking. I tried booting 10 times but no luck. I tried removing battery for few mins but again no luck. I have widows 7 cd but even that is not working. Unable to start in safe mode. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Pranay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-white-cursor.1040486/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am running Windows 7. I picked up the FBI virus and thought I removed it with Malwarebytes and CCleaner.
Here's what's happening now.
If I attempt to start Windows normally --- the screen turns black with an active white arrow where the sign in screen should be.
I get the same black screen when I try to enter in safe mode or safe mode with networking.
F8 allows me to access Repair Your Computer.
The startup repair does not detect anything.
When I run a System Restore it gives me an error that I couldn't load C (0x8000ffff)
Anyone have ANY idea how I can fix this issue working with what I have going on?
Thanks!

A:Black Screen, White Arrow HELP!

Hi try the suggestion here System Restore failed to extract the file (C:\) from - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-white-arrow-help-666845.html
Relevancy 86%

I am currently using Vista home basic. Have no problems running any other more high spec games etc.

I save the black and white game as according to the instructions..yet when I go to reload it, it just takes me back to the start of the game! I don't understand what is causing this!!!

It has saved the tutorial fine..just no progress that I make after, its sooo frustrating!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-white-saving-problems.885728/
Relevancy 86%

having saving problems on black and white for the pc . it saves the tutorial level but will not save any games past this mark . it reconises that i have saved when it tells me the amount of games that i have saved but does not show any in the load room . any help ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-and-white-pc-saving-problems.926730/
Relevancy 86%

Alright I keep getting messages from friends; "Yatta yatta do you think i should post this on my myspace or facebook (insert link)." Obviously spam but i've already had one or two people already click it so I was wondering if there is anyway to counter or block these spam messages. It's coming from two many varied people for just one friend getting pissed off at another. I've already looked at delete it's reg entry but that common problem I found out was addressed a while back. Any suggestions let me know.

Relevancy 85.57%

When my friend turns on their xp laptop the screen goes white, then black and won't do anything. The cursor is on the screen and looks like it is loading but nothing ever happens.

A:When turning on XP laptop screen goes white, then black

May be caused by a bad hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-turning-on-xp-laptop-screen-goes-white-then-black.154162/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi! Sorry for opening a new thread but this is just so serious and I am so stressed out about it that I didn't have the patience to search if the thread is already open.
I have a black screen and white blinking dash problem. The thing is, I can't even type f2 or f4, or anything whatsoever. It is not reacting at all to the keyboard. It's the second time this is happening in 2 days, every time I turn it off (properly) and try to turn it on, it does that. After a lot of hopeless trying to turn it on or make f2 or f4 work, it just starts working again normally... And now I finally turned it on after I spent the whole morning trying and I'm working on saving all my files, but now I'm scared to turn it off. What do I do?? What is wrong with my computer?

A:Black screen with a blinking white dash

Hi and welcome to TSF when you have reached your desktop please try running these SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums
How to use CHKDSK (Check Disk) | Windows 7 Forums
And yes, do please save your data first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-a-blinking-white-dash-966809.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have done two things that may have led to this problem --- I scanned my system with Malwarebytes and it detected four things that were quarantined and deleted RiskWare Tool CK RiskWare Tool CK Hacktool Agent Hacktool KeySteal I have no knowledge on technical matters but I'm assuming maybe removing these things might have caused something --- with of cursor death white Black screen And I recently used chkdsk to scan for errors and remove bad sectors This is basically what was changed according to my chkdsk report Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors --- Ever since I did both of these things I've been getting the black screen of death with a moving white cursor so I have reason to believe either one of Black screen of death with white cursor those two things might have caused the problem because before that everything was fine Basically it'll go to the black screen for like five minutes and then it'll boot up as normal Could someone please tell me the reason for this as well as a solution A fast reply would be greatly appreciated because right now I am panicking Thank you so much -A

A:Black screen of death with white cursor

Welcome
I doubt if the problem is caused by either, but lets test the hard drive. Download crystal software (make sure you use the correct download, the site is full of pay stuff). If the HD is bad it will show.
Either way report back and we shall look further if necessary
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300086-black-screen-death-white-cursor.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that had a defective 250G SATA Hdd. I installed a new 250G SATA Hdd, proceeded to install Vista Home Premium, it begins the Vista install, reboots (as its supposed to), begins completion of install, and at some point after this the screen goes black and there is only a white mouse pointer (that does move around) and I have left it sitting there for 24 hours and no change. Help!

A:Black screen w/ white mouse pointer

When starting the computer, use Safe Mode and see if it'll boot properly then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-w-white-mouse-pointer-523768.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I have a problem with my computer that started about a month ago The BIOS Black before white underscore screen with computer hadn't been used for about a month Most of the time probably out of boots my screen displays a black screen Black screen with white underscore before BIOS with a white underscore in the top left hand corner before i get to the BIOS This is before any manufacturer logos appear It is the usual flashing underscore which has obviously frozen I have re-seated all hard drives my graphics card removed all cables from my PSU and plugged them all back in again Problem still existed I then unplugged all hard drives and tried to boot and the same problem happened again which rules out HDD failure It's going to be a Black screen with white underscore before BIOS problem with the PSU graphics card or motherboard but i don't know which Before i start replacing parts does anyone have any ideas on what it could be Like i said it doesn't happen with every boot Once the computer is on it works perfectly Putting the computer to sleep rather than shutting down has been working for a while which is how I've still been able to use the PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619775/black-screen-with-white-underscore-before-bios/
Relevancy 85.57%

A drained battery led my laptop to shut down unexpectedly yesterday. Since then attempts to boot the computer result in a black screen, white cursor.

The problem replicates when I - [] attempt to boot the computer normally [] attempt to boot in safe mode (w/& w/o cmd prompt) [] attempt to boot to the last good configuration. During the course of this issue, I received a prompt to system restore (which replicated the issue) and I believe that there was a separate system recovery prompt which indicated that I would need to boot from a disk (which I do not have).

I was able to do a bit of research on another computer that I have access to, and from what I discovered, it appears that this issue happens to occur for a number of reasons. If any of you have helpful tips for an individual in my position, I would be highly appreciative.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-black-screen-white-cursor.1042036/
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm sorry for the lack of any technical terms used to describe this but I'm a complete novice with computers.

I was watching a video when some warning messages popped up saying something like harmful stuffs trying to access your computer, then it restarted. Now it starts up, goes to the motherboard thing, goes past that then hits a black screen with a little white line flashing in the top left corner.

I've tried to use F8 to enter the safe mode start up but when I press F8 it comes up with

'PLEASE SELECT BOOT DEVICE

SATA:3M-STM3250318AS
CDROM:3S-TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S22'

I tried the SATA option twice, first time the white line vanished so it was just a black screen and then it restarted. Second time it just went back to the screen with the white flashing line.

Any help in sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

A:Black Screen with Flashing White Line

Hello, I'll move this topic to the malware removal forum.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414879/black-screen-with-flashing-white-line/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, I have a desktop computer with windows 7 (Inspiron 545).

When I turn it on the logo of windows loading appears normally but after it I only get a black desktop with a big white cursor (low resolution?) but there is nothing else there, no icons, no task bar, etc. just emptiness. I wish I could give out more details but there is nothing more I can do. I tried with F8 to load recovery and do a factory re-install but the option is not there, even though I know the hard drive has a partition for it, the only thing that it's there is check for errors (or fix errors) but that didn't help. I would do a full format and re-install the operative system but I don't have the original dvd.

Thanks!

EDIT: =============Please close this topic, I have decided to make a clean OS install=======
Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

A:Windows 7 - Black screen white cursor and nothing more.

EDIT: =============Please close this topic, I have decided to make a clean OS install=======
Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479942/windows-7-black-screen-white-cursor-and-nothing-more/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi guys!

Here's our story:

Ok, semi new ASUS k55A. HDD died a few weeks ago. Installed a new legit copy of Windows 8.1 Pro on a new SSD that I installed on her laptop.

Everything worked perfect.

She takes college classes at night. This evening, she downloaded what she thought to be a course syllabus. Instead, screen is black with white curser. Laptop won't even turn off when power button is held down. I had to remove the battery to reboot. When I reboot, start up screen shows windows loading. Then screen goes black, and an ad pops up, saying call this phone number to fix your slow computer.

Can anyone here help us?

How can I boot up and get past the black screen with the ad?

Can I do anything other than wipe the SSD clean and start all over again?

Please help us.

Thanks,

Soar

A:Virus: Black Screen with White Cursor. How to fix this please?

download malwarebytes onto a thumb drive and pop it in the laptop and boot it up,
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
When you first switch your computer on, hold down the shift key and press the F8 key repeatedly. Select - Trouble Shoot Your PC/ Advanced Options/ Command Prompt.
Once your in the command prompt window, type in Explorer.Exe and hit enter on your keyboard
That should get you into windows so you can install malwarebytes from the thumb drive and scan the hard drive for the malicious program

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/virus-black-screen-white-cursor-how-fix-please-274012/
Relevancy 85.57%

Don't know if this is the correct place or not White from & Black screen mode sleep but here goes I have almost identical HP P desktop pc's t t bought new in both running Win Home and one of them is giving me a black amp white screen instead of the regular color when I bring it out of sleep mode Everything is normal on the screen its just in black amp white And all I do to fix it is Black & White screen from sleep mode restart it and it comes back to color as normal everytime This started happening about months ago and it does it about once in every or times I bring it out of sleep mode And just to let everybody know this pc is hooked up to my quot Vizio K smart tv which is year old The other pc has never done it ever and the one that does it has a Nvidia GF GT GB card with gb of memory Let me know anybodys thought on this

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/67682-black-white-screen-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have three computers that are running XP pro that begin boot-up, show the xp logo and green scrolling bar, then go to a black screen with a white arrow cursor that is movable--I have tried safe mode--same thing--have tried tp do a repair using the OEM cd--nothing helps, still can't boot.

A:black screen with movable white arrow

Does all of the 3 computers does that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266659/black-screen-with-movable-white-arrow/
Relevancy 85.57%

hey guys

well yesterday i turned off my pc came back to it turned it on it started up for 3 seconds then the screen went black with one white flashing dash at the top left

if i restart it it happens again. I changed my monitor and it still didint work so i know its my hard drive or something

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Starline

A:Screen goes black with one white flashing dash

anyone have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-with-one-white-flashing-dash.150375/
Relevancy 85.57%

I restarted my PC yesterday and it went to the Black loading screen with the white dots and stayed there. After getting into safe mode and disabling the AMD Radeon HD 8650G drivers I was able to log in again Worked with Microsoft and was given conflicting stories or the drivers were out of date, which I updated them to the same results. To the drivers are the issue and need to contact HP. Anyone have suggestions on this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/PC-goes-to-black-screen-with-spinning-white-dots-need-to/td-p/5853700
Relevancy 85.57%

Have identical machines IBM series Small Form Factor P GHz HT GB RAM PC GB hard drives Windows XP Pro SP Both were running fine until someone hit a power pole down Black cursor. screen,white [SOLVED] the road When power resumed turned machines back on Or tried to One immediately - seconds goes to a black screen with a flashing cursor in the corner I [SOLVED] Black screen,white cursor. have already disconnected data and power cables then reseated them removed and reseated the RAM modules tried a different monitor reset the CMOS [SOLVED] Black screen,white cursor. by removing the battery for minutes replaced CMOS battery tried booting from a Linux live CD installed a blank formatted hard drive to get Linux going All of the above got no results Out of curiousity I removed the hard drivefrom the working quot twin quot and installed it into its non-working brother Upon hitting the power button booted right up Machine in question will not even go to Safe Mode so that I can check the event logs or do any scans Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Black screen,white cursor.

Sounds like the hard drive bit the bullet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-white-cursor-401320.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I m quite sure that if i get one more memory dump i m going to throw this unit out my very high my very very high window Ok of death and white=blue black screen I am so frustrated like most people who turn to forums I ve got the old quot black and black and white=blue screen of death white game trying to run on xp home quot problem I ve tried all the patches and compadability changes and here s the thing when i get to patch it says i m not running the right version of the game and it s not compatible what s the most weird is black and white=blue screen of death that when i try to get the patch installed the patch that CAME on the disk it says the same thing when i run the game it goes to startup then poof with the blue screen of death I ve attempted BIOS updates driver updates NOTHING is working not even creature isle Which is said to be xp compatible will work I just want to play my game thanks for your time and help amd athalon g ati rage mobility VIA AC nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

After the Windows 7 swirly color start up, I seem to be frozen on a screen with a white mouse cursor on a blank black screen. Any help/advice would be appreciated at this point. Just let me know the details you need in order to help me.

A:Laptop: white cursor on black screen

What external devices are attached to the system?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503033/laptop-white-cursor-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 85.57%

Wanted to start playing black and white 2. As ain't played it it years, but for some reason I keep getting image flickering. The map/ground keeps disappearing and reappearing. I have up to date graphics drivers etc etc, tried different solutions and none have worked for me.

Has anyone got any ideas I could try???

Many thanks

Windows 7
AMD Phenom X6 3.2ghz
8GB DDR3
Radeon HD 6970

A:Black and White 2 PC screen/image flicker

Older games have a history of having graphical glitches on newer updated machines. This happens all the time and sometimes there isn't anything you can do about it.

If you have administration privileges, right click on the game icon on your desktop or in the folder of the games directory and try running the game in different compatibility modes such as Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-and-white-2-pc-screen-image-flicker.1146850/
Relevancy 85.57%

My operating system is VistaStarter SP1, I am using a built in graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with max. memory of 313MB. This problem occurs when I play a game called "Special Force Online" and when I maximize spider solitaire... how mysterious. It also shows in the Nvidia Control Panel. Just view the attachment or link for the sample image. hope this problem will be solved so I can avoid reinstalling my OS. Its so painful...Here's the image sample:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227724/screen-turns-black-and-white-and-smaller/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000, running with Windows Vista Home Premium.

When I turn on the computer, the HP intro screen turns on but then immediately goes Black with a white flashing dash in the top left screen. I can not access F8, safe mode, etc. I can only access the basic set up menu.

I never received a restore, or a Windows XP disc. Ive come to terms with the fact that I will most likely would lose my files and am willing to do a restore, but I can not get onto the log on screen. Do i need to see a tech? Please be advised I am not tech savvy and just want to get back on to my computer

Any help/links/disc downloads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 85.57%

Hello again I am having what I hope is small problem with a PC I just finished buliding ASUS P B Motherboard K Kingston SDRAM ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon Video Card GIG Maxtor Boot Drive GIG Maxtor Storage I just completed a clean install on Win and installed all the latest drivers for the ATI video When I have left the PC on for minutes or so the screen goes black which I would expect when to White Return Icon and PC Black Upon Screen the monitor is shut down The problem occurs when I try to bring the screen back up upon return All I get is a black screen with my movable cursor The caps lock and numbers lock are unresponsive which leads me to believe it s locked up Currently I must reboot to get my desktop back My power savings features are as follows Display Properties Black Screen and White Icon Upon Return to PC gt gt Screen Saver activates in minutes Settings gt gt Power Schemes gt gt Always On gt gt System Standby Never gt gt Turn Black Screen and White Icon Upon Return to PC Off Monitor minutes gt gt Turn Off Harddisk Never Bios Power Settings are as follows PowerManagement Disabled option quot User Defined quot quot Min Savings quot and quot Max Savings quot Video Off Option Always on option quot Suspend-- gt Off Video Off Method Blank Screen options quot V H Sync Blank quot quot DPMS Standby quot quot DPMS Suspend quot quot DPMS Off quot quot DPMS Reduce On quot HDD Power Down Disabled options list time increments from - minutes ACP Susp to RAM Disabled option enable Suspend Mode Disabled option enable Pwr Button lt sec Soft Off option Suspend The reason I list all my BIOS settings is due to the fact that I think that s where I m don t have something set quite right Does any one have a suggestion to something I need to change that would allow my PC to remain functional yet allow the screen to go dark after a period of inactivity Thanks again for you assistance nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

Having some issues with my laptop It boot to a black screen with white cursor I'm not able to do anything I tried system restore and I get an error cursor white screen WIndows with black 7 I ran CHkdsk and it didn't help I ran Farbar Recovery Scan and this is what I got Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- EB P D on - - Running from F Platform Windows Home Premium X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST WIndows 7 black screen with white cursor must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run gt X HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x RunOnce AvgUninstallURL gt cmd exe c start http www avg com ww special-uninstallation-feedback-app lic SUFaUDItUkJSUFItN dOTVUtQUJITjktU A Q YtSQ amp inst NzYtODM NjY MDA LVhPMTArMTItRkwxMCsxLUxJQysyLVNQMSsxLVNQMVRCKzEtU AxUzIrMS TVUQrMS TMUkrMS TVTMrMS UVUcrMy TVTNUKzEtTFNEKzI amp prod amp ver Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU user Run swg gt C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe - - Google Inc HKU user Run Google Update gt C Users user AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc Startup C Users Default AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Best Buy pc app lnk ShortcutTarget Best Buy pc app lnk - gt C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe Microsoft Startup C Users Default User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Best Buy pc app lnk ShortcutTarget Best Buy pc app lnk - gt C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe Microsoft Startup C Users user AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android Samsung lnk ShortcutTarget Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android Samsung lnk - gt No File Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S SASCORE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE - - SUPERAntiSpyware com S AntiSpywareService C Program Files x comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpyService exe - - S ITMRTSVC C Program Files x CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe - - CA Inc S MyWiFiDHCPDNS C Program Files Intel WiFi bin PanDhcpDns exe - - S N C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exe - - Symantec Corporation S COMSysApp SystemRoot system dllhost exe Processid D B F -FD - D - D- FC Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S BHDrvx C Program Files x Norton Security Suite NortonData Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation S ccSet N C Windows system drivers N x ccSetx sys - - Symantec Corporation S eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation S EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation S IDSVia C Program Files x Norton Security Suite NortonData Definitions... Read more

A:WIndows 7 black screen with white cursor

Hey my friend. Which error do you get when you want to access System Restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563060/windows-7-black-screen-with-white-cursor/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey guys I ve recently just built my own computer with the below specs Motherboard ASUS P QL-Pro Graphics Card Gigabyte GT GB Hard disk Samsung GB Screen Black White with Underscore Solved: it Solved: Black Screen with White Underscore s an old one I kept which I m sure works fine CPU Intel Q OS Vista Home Premium Not overclocked whatsoever It appears that when I go out of my room for a few hours when I get back it shows a black screen with a white blinking underscore on the top left corner It also appears almost everytime I turn on my PC Pressing ALT-TAB-DEL will restart the PC bringing it to the same black screen The only way I get in now is trying to boot it through the VISTA cd and restart through there WITHOUT even changing any settings Most of the time I m lucky and I get in VISTA says there s no error whatsoever when I click repair the PC and run the memory error detection thing forgot the name Any help would be great as this is getting increasingly frustrating - nbsp

A:Solved: Black Screen with White Underscore

Do you have the latest graphics driver installed?

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/VGA/Driver_List.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-with-white-underscore.846709/
Relevancy 85.57%

Here is what I have A Samsung g hard drive as master a Seagate g as a slave A Sound blaster Live CT model sound card A d-link wireless wda AN asus AS F P T-E motherboard mb Samsung RAM sticks and An ATI radeon LE m DDR graphic card Ribbon cables My problem when I turn on the PC a few things happen It asks then if I want to boot from safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt to try to restore to last known settings or to start windows normally I help, with I need white stays PC black my line at screen already chose all these options When I do any of these things the screen shows a white bar It fills up to the end and Then nothing after that When I chose the continue normally prompt I took a -minute shower I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line and returned Still nothing At that point I think that it should have advanced into another screen or something I am not sure what is on the master drive as it was given to me but i know that it worked I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line at one point I would be open to any suggestions that don t involve paying extra money I know that there is some way to make it work-with some help from smart people Also i have two extra hard drives one is a g WD hd and one is a g WD -Thank you for reading Bamabeast nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I was using my HP notebook and it was fine, walked away for a min, came back and it was flashing white with a black squiggly line at the top (like a crack). So I restarted and it still looks like that. Even turned off, can see the black squiggly at the top.[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/28wp5qp.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2u5rrjs.jpg[/IMG]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Blinking-white-screen-with-a-black-crack-at-the-top/td-p/5638258
Relevancy 85.57%

I can't play any videos anywhere and some images do not display....On you Tube..just a black screen appears with "error occurred try back later..on others just a white screen appears....

A:Can't play any videos...black or white screen

Hi Chloro,

Which browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers such as IE, Firefox and Chrome?

If it works in other browsers apart from the usual one you use, try returning to default settings in your main browser and then restart it... and see if that works.

Also, I'm not sure if it's applicable but check the that you have the latest flash player and Java installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-play-any-videos-black-or-white-screen-650339.html
Relevancy 85.57%

i got a windows vista basics desktop it was working normally the windows updates always pop up so i installed it and then restarted my computer but when i turned the computer on there were four choices start windows normally safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with white mouse black vista screen with network first time i clicked normally but it restarted vista black screen with white mouse then it did it again i tryed all of them but they all give me a black screen with nothing but the mouse i can move the mouse but thats it i tryed to do the task manager but that also didn't work i turned it off for about an hour and waited then turned it on but still it vista black screen with white mouse did not work the weird thing is the interent vista black screen with white mouse is still working even though i had the interent and rotar installed on that computerPS i got a compaq desktopwith vista basicits about month oldits bit the proceser is AMD Semprorrand the Graphics are by Nvidiaplease help me

A:vista black screen with white mouse

Hi Anas, does the option "Last known good status" available when starting the computer while pressing F8 key? If so, you can try this option and see if the computer can start normally. If not, let's try the following method:

Step 1: Use the Windows Vista DVD to repair startup
===========
1. Insert the windows Vista DVD and reboot the system.
2. Press the space bar when ?Press any key to boot to CD or DVD? appears
3. When the system comes to the option to install windows, there are two links at the bottom; choose the option ?Repair your computer?
4. The system will locate the Windows Vista installation and show you drive it is located on. If it is not showing, and you have a non-standard SCSI or RAID controller, you will need to load the drivers for it to show. Once it is there, highlight it and click ?Next?.
5. On the menu that appears, click ?Startup repair?. The window will state that it is checking for problems, and prompt you to continue when it finds one to correct. Once it is done, it will prompt you to click finish to reboot. Remove the DVD from the drive and click Finish.

If the issue persists, please perform Step 2.

Step 2: Run System Restore in Windows Recovery Environment
=========
Note 1: Please ensure that the DVD-ROM is the first booting device.

Note 2: If the computer has another operational Operating System, we can save the collected log files to the hard drive partition to which another Operating System is accessible. Otherwise, please insert a floppy disk or connect a USB removable flash disk to the computer. We will collect the log files from another computer.

1. Please insert the Windows Vista DVD and reboot the computer.
2. When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.
3. Click "Next" and click "Repair your computer".
4. Please highlight "Windows Vista" and click "Next".

Note: A computer may store more than one copy of Windows Vista. Please highlight the one which was just installed. The order of the items in the dialog-box is identical with the one on the boot menu.

5. In the dialog-box titled "System Recovery Options", click ?System Restore?.
6. Choose a restore point and try if we can restore to that point successfully.

Hope this helps!Sean Zhu - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/76c3d6fa-48b7-4714-a95f-eec747375f85/vista-black-screen-with-white-mouse?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 85.57%

my screen on my u41-70 laptop flashes black/white when moving the screen up and down (no problem while the screen is stable, but want to fix the problem before it gets really bad) Leif, Norway

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/u41-70-laptop-screen-flashing-white-black/td-p/3335919
Relevancy 85.57%

I m not sure if this is one virus or if my computer has somehow picked up several but it is pretty much completely screwed I can t access ANYTHING properly so i am posting this message from another computer This is what happens when I turn my computer on blank blue screen with program error message quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows quot if i click quot ok quot the message goes away and i am left with a blank blue screen and i have to reboot the computer if i don t click ok windows starts to load up an error screen, explorer.exe white about:blank screen, black looks normal at first but then another error message pops up the same one and the screen turns black and says some junk like quot Warning You re in danger quot and then some junk about spyware then a few seconds later another error message pops up and the screen turns white and says quot Active Desktop Recovery Microsoft Windows has experienced and unexpected error quot It gives me an option to quot click here to restore quot but nothing happens when i do click it and then another error message pops up and explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank the screen goes black again then another message and it goes white and so on I can t really open any programs properly because another error message will pop up and shut down the start menu before i get a chance to open anything I managed to run ad-aware and it found some problems that i cleaned up then spybot found nothing then i explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank rebooted explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank and was having the same problem so i rebooted in safe mode and scanned for spyware again and found nothing I somehow managed to run hijackthis and print the log so now i guess i ll have to type it up i might do some abbreviations Running processes c WINNT system smss exe but system is with a capital S csrss exe winlogon exe services exe lsass exe svchost exe spoolsv exe svchost exe but system is with a capital S regsvc exe MSTask exe tcpsvcs exe but system is with a capital S zonelabs vsmon exe WBEM WinMgmt exe but system is with a capital S MsPMSPSv exe svchost exe internat exe wuauclt exe C Program Files Telstra Signup tbpt exe Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe Quicktime qttask exe Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe iTunes iTunesHelper exe Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe iPod bin iPodService exe Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C winnt msmsgnce exe nvsvws exe C WINNT explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank okay this is killing me i am going to leave out stuff that i know is ok O - BHO no name - DEA E - ED- - - DC BEC F - C WINNT openwin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO sr - F A- D - c - C-B CF A - C WINNT msmsgnc dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run loader C WINNT loader exe O - HKLM RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - HKCU Run cmsound c winnt msmsgnce exe O - HKCU Run winltmpv c winnt nvsvwc exe O - HKCU RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Cl... Read more

A:explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank

Yes, you've got a few malware entries in there (a CoolWebSearch hijack, and a couple of trojans), though it's not going to be easy to remedy without seeing the complete HJT log. Can you possibly copy the log to floppy and then post it from the other computer?

What's the Windows OS?
eg. Is it Windows 2000 sp4? Or is it WinXP Pro sp2?

What version of HijackThis is it? v1.99.1 is the latest version.
Is HijackThis.exe running from a permanent folder, and not from within a zip file in a Temp folder?
This is important. Make sure HijackThis.exe is installed in eg.
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Re: your questions at the end of your post:
Don't worry about WINNT / winnt and System32 / system32
They are both exactly the same (whether smallcase or uppercase or a mixture).
svchost.exe is legitimate and is an integral part of Windows NT/2k/XP (Services Host).
It is normal to have multiple instances of it running.

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
AboutBuster
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1488 (tutorial)
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

You will need to unzip AboutBuster.zip to a folder on the good pc,
then open AboutBuster.exe
click the Update button
download the updates
then copy the entire AboutBuster folder over to the infected pc.
Download the attached cleanup.zip file.
The zip contains a .bat and a .reg file.
Unzip them and copy the .bat and .reg file over to the infected pc.
Make a copy of them on the desktop and in My Documents.
You could also run them both directly from a floppy.
However, don't run either just yet.
I will tell you what they do and when to use them later in the instructions below.

Boot into Safe Mode

Close all windows.

Run HJT scan again

Place a checkmark next to the following entries only
and click "Fix checked":

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R0- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

O2- BHO: (no name) - {4DEA7E54-68ED-4281-9087-5DC1BEC976F0} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O2- BHO: sr - {5742F79A-1D91-42c4-990C-B46CF55A6478} - C:\\WINNT\msmsgnc.dll

O4 - HKLM\...\Run: [loader32] C:\WINNT\loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[cmsound] c:\winnt\msmsgnce.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[winltmpv] c:\winnt\nvsvwc.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\ {FCFFAD89-8D48-49EC-BA2D-4703CF71009D}: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

O18- Filter: text/html- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O18- Filter: text/plain- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

Close HJT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-error-black-screen-white-screen-about-blank.338489/
Relevancy 85.14%

Client called saying she turned her PC on this morning and it booted to a black screen with functioning white mouse cursor I found that safe mode with networking provided a normal display so I first suspected screen defies have black here's tried... what I 7 resolution... Win a driver problem Checked the registry for errors in hklm Win 7 black screen defies resolution... here's what I have tried... software microsoft windows nt winlogon and confirmed that the shell explorer exe and userinit c windows system userinit exe including the trailing comma were correct Ran a complete malware scan using bitdefender from CD off-line boot and malwarebytes from within windows Nothing found except for an on-line shopping BHO that I uninstalled Tried another monitor since this was a Samsung auto-sensing monitor with multiple inputs I uninstalled the Intel HD video driver Rebooted in normal mode and found that the VGA driver would work just fine To me this just reaffirmed that it was likely a driver issue I reinstalled the Intel driver from the Intel website The black screen returned Ran system restore from a restore point days old before the problem existed The problem remains I reinstalled windows from an image that was a little over a week old The problem remains I finally gave up and tried to make her VGA display as palatable as possible with the promise to return as soon as I could figure out a solution Any and all ideas would be appreciated

A:Win 7 black screen defies resolution... here's what I have tried...

You reinstalled from an image and the issue still exists? Wow.....thats not good at all.

BAd ram? MEMtest?

Graphics card failing?

Some weird things happen when hardware starts to go bad...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/300932-win-7-black-screen-defies-resolution-heres-what-i-have-tried.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hi there,
i'm trying to extend my desktop to my tv via a s video cable. it has worked but the tv display is in black and white. i have selected the pal-B video setting for europe on my comp. i have messed with some setting in graphics properties but can't get the tv display in colour. help me please, any suggestions on what to do???

A:still problems with black and white tv extended desktop

Well there are a few things you can try/check.

1) Make sure you have the newest video drivers for your video card. These are available at the respective manufacturers site.

2) Make sure you are using the right connector. If you are using an adapter such as a SCART to connect your computer to the TV, make sure it is capable of supporting your video mode. SCART connectors only supports composite video and therefore if you are using S-Video you will only be able to receive a black and white picture.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/still-problems-with-black-and-white-tv-extended-desktop-92975.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hiya As you may already know by the title I m having trouble with the graphics of the game Black amp White Everything like the trees and people are very WEIRD things like eyes or colours such as green I have tried everything that I can think of like downloading a patch from this website I think it was voodoo DFX tools unzipped it then tried it and it still didn t work Everything else seems to be running smoothly and problem-free though Does anyone know what the cause of this problem Help White game) (the graphic Black & problems greatly appreciated aswell as five million pounds Thanks gamegeek EDIT Website is www voodoofiles com EDITEDIT Man I m obsessed with these Oh yeah and I ve updated EVERYTHING such as drivers and graphic things so don t ask about them EDITEDITEDIT Thats it Black & White (the game) graphic problems I give up I also forgot that before I had to reboot this computer that the game was fine except for the err occasional crash due to too many temple things And may I add I hope this is the last edit I make nbsp

A:Black & White (the game) graphic problems

Post your system specs, that will help more.

Did you check if there was a patch available for the game, and if so, did you install it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-white-the-game-graphic-problems.183353/
Relevancy 85.14%

They other day I bought black and white for the bargain price of 5.00... or so I thought.The game installs fine- I have no problems there. But when I try to play it, it just... doesn't load. The black splash screen with 'black and white' and all the other info comes up as normal, for a few seconds, then dissapears, as I suppose it should, but then nothing. I've tried to change the compatibility, to no success. Bearing in mind my computers quite good (512MB RAM, 1.6GZ AMD Athalon, graphics card 128MB, and, of course, the games screwing up spurce itself- windows XP) I don't see what other problems there could be. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I ve been having this problem for Radeon x1800 black XT screen - approximately months now my display goes into a black screen at random intervals when I have a d applicant running I ve pretty much just let Radeon x1800 XT - black screen it pass in the past but recently I picked up a copy of Half Life and its black screening - seconds into game play When this happens sound still plays in the background and I can send the system commands but screen remains blank Only way for me to get out of this seems to be a forced reboot I hope you guys can help I ll try to be as cooperative as possible Motherboard http www xpcgear com msirs m il html CPU AMD Athlon FX- Dual Core Processor Ram Two sticks of Kingston PC DDR SDRAM - Gig each Video Card SAPPHIRE Radeon x XT MB Pci-E x PSU Thermaltake TK - V - a - Radeon x1800 XT - black screen V - a - V - a Monitor Not too familiar with this one Nokia Multigraph Xpro is the name Hard Drives Not sure how to figure out what this one is Optical Drive As the same for this one Additional PCI cards none Number of fans present One on the case one on the videocard and one on the processor Video Card Driver Catalyst Control Center v Motherboard Driver Not sure where to find this one but I updated it weeks ago I m just not sure how to go about fixing this I ve actually asked for help here before but did not get any resolution searched numerous forums for the answer but all entries seem to lead to a dead end nbsp

A:Radeon x1800 XT - black screen

In your previous post you showed the output of the +12V rail as 9.06V. That is too low and would account for the behavior you are experiencing. It is supposed to be at or very close to 12V (naturally). The solution would be to get another power supply of equal or better quality.

However, I've found Speedfan can be inaccurate. You should be more sure of the voltages before spending money on a power supply. Download and install the free version of Everest v2.20. See what it reports for voltages and compare it to what is reported in the BIOS. Find it here at Major Geeks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x1800-xt-black-screen.88577/
Relevancy 84.71%

i got an ati radeon not too long ago have been able to play guild wars and several other games with no problem bought a quot widescreen tft lcd monitor gateway after trying to play sims i had a problem with seeing the screen i could alt-tab and see it for a second and then couldnt i found a fix by adding quot -w quot to the target and played it in a window with no problem now i am attempting to play dungeon runners by ncsoft and i am 9250 screen Black radeon ati with getting the same problem but the -w fix is not working i tried dxdiag to see if it was a directx Black screen with ati radeon 9250 issue and it failed on line and to initalize the spinning object im thinking that maybe my monitor has something to Black screen with ati radeon 9250 do with it my resolution is x i ve searched the net seeing similar problems with directx but reinstalling Black screen with ati radeon 9250 never helped with the sims issues any ideas i m starting to think i should go with nvidia if its the video card nbsp

A:Black screen with ati radeon 9250

The 9250 would be struggling to run Windows at that resolution, let alone games!

Save up & get something with more grunt - it's a low end card.

If it's AGP, then your choice is limited. Look at these charts to get an idea of whats what: Yours would be at or near the bottom, unfortunately.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=859&model2=722&chart=308

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-ati-radeon-9250.91456/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Recently I ve purchased an HIS AMD Radeon HD for my desktop I black screen HD HIS Radeon 6670 ve installed it correctly but when I plug my VGA monitor into the DVI slot via a VGA-to-DVI HIS Radeon HD 6670 black screen converter on the card I get no video signal Normally when I get video signal i e without the card installed the monitor s little light turns green If the computer goes into standby mode it goes orange When I plug the monitor into the card the light goes orange When I unplug the monitor from the card I get the quot No signal quot error on the screen Anyway I m quite stumped I ve uninstalled the card several times to change settings in the BIOS screen install the card s drivers beforehand etc but with no luck I ve provided a list of steps I took to installing the card and my computer specs just in case you need those Code system specifications - amd athlon ii x ghz - gb ram - watt psu - ecs a gm-m motherboard w integrated ATI graphics - HIS AMD Radeon HD card I'm trying to install - windows xp professional operating system it's a desktop by the way Code installation steps I took - unplugged computer opened up case - discharged static electricity inserted card into PCI-E x slot - screwed in card - re-attached case plugged in computer plugged monitor into card - turned on computer monitor screen is black - unplugged monitor cable from card got the quot no signal quot error - plugged monitor into built-in monitor input no signal - unplugged detached case uninstalled card reattached plugged in turned on - changed BIOS video adapter setting from pci-gfx -gpp-igfx to gfx -gpp-igfx-pci - installed AMD Catalyst driver beforehand - reinstalled card turned back on no signal - uninstalled disabled onboard graphics reinstalled no signal nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/his-radeon-hd-6670-black-screen.177403/
Relevancy 84.71%

Okay I m having a problem with my graphics card and or graphics card drivers Often when I go to open a game such as Oblivion Combat Arms Spore etc a whirring sound comes from the PC tower and it seems as if all graphics input is shut off The screen goes black but remains on I can t alt tab alt f etc Is this my graphics card or something else If you need with HD HELP! Radeon 3650 Black Screen ATI more information feel free to ask and I ll add it to the bottom of this post My system and display specs are below ------------------ System Information ----------------- Time of this report Machine name JOHNDOE-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Studio BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Black Screen with ATI Radeon HD 3650 HELP! Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell E WFP Driver Name atidxx dll atidxx atiumdag dll atiumdva cap at iumd atiumd a atitmm Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp PLEASE HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-ati-radeon-hd-3650-help.768563/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

A:Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

Originally Posted by Regimite

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

My experience helping a neighbor with this problem was that some piece of hardware was not connected properly and the device driver had to time out (over 4 minutes) and then Windows launched properly and he could sign in. We then checked the device manager and saw a problem. Unistalling the problem hardware, plus checking for startup software (using msconfig), and then checking starup services (computer management), and then the startup program in the use profile and the all users profile and deleting stuff that obviously was going to the Internet for updates (e.g. Acrobat) solved the issue.

How long have you waited to actually get a signin screen?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36730-windows-10-booting-black-screen-white-cursor.html
Relevancy 84.71%

What happened I had a lot of viruses on my laptop so I thought I should re-install Vista During the process I deleted and formatted my laptop's HDD and now it's empty but after Vista completes all the install it brings me to this black screen and a movable white cursor I tried re-installing times now and same black screen appears with the white mouse cursor I tried looking on forums for the solution and even tried hitting the CTRL ALT DELETE or CTRL ALT ESC but no task manager Any one Re-installation: and Black How mouse screen to fix? cursor? white can help Re-installation: Black screen and white mouse cursor? How to fix? me out here I'm really stuck Other details after black screen I hold power button and powered off Went to safe mode and it Re-installation: Black screen and white mouse cursor? How to fix? doesn't load just freezes there for few hours I tried repairing from last night pm and went to sleep wake up am and still on repair menu frozen I guess My laptop details I have a GB ram bit vista disc ghz or ghz processor gb HDD and brand is Dell My laptop isn't connected to internet -- well it can wirelessly but I'd need to perform the set ups but I can't as I can't see my desktop Thanks in advance

A:Re-installation: Black screen and white mouse cursor? How to fix?

Welcome
Then be sure you follow these instructions
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums (for Vista Too)
Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288155-re-installation-black-screen-white-mouse-cursor-how-fix.html
Relevancy 84.71%

A few days ago i updated my virus definitions on symantec and it picked up vundo trojan and from what i remember it was quarantined.

Last night I installed a driver for a program and was asked to restart and i got the black screen with the white mouse and nothing else after that.

i tried chkdsk /r and that didn't do anything. although it did say it repaired some bad sectors

right now i have the hard drive connected as a slave to another computer and im transferring files i need.

is there anything I can do while the hard drive is connected to the other computer, or shall i connect it to the original computer and try different things from there?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

btw : Windows XP Pro x64 edition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-white-mouse-possible-vundo-virus.815085/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,

A few days ago I made a clean wipe on my Toshiba laptop, and installed Windows 7 Home Premium x86 as my OS. After installing the OS on my laptop, I proceeded to let windows update check for automatic updates and install them. After installing some updates, I clicked to have my computer reboot. After rebooting it showed the Toshiba screen with the F2, F12 options but after that it goes straight to a black screen with a white underscore. I pressed the power button to turn off then back on my computer and proceeded to press first F2 but it went back to the black screen with a white underscore, then restarted again pressing F12 went to the black screen again, restarted one more time pressing F8 for safe mode but nothing works. I've looked up on Google what to do, but couldn't find a defendant answer.

I hope someone can help me.

Relevancy 84.71%

hey guys i have a problem that i cant seem to solve Im not very good with computers Last night i was doing a repair install of windows xp and i accidentally shut the computer down while it was doing the second half of the repair Yeah stupid i know but i just want to know how to make it work again After that it when i'd reboot it would show the xp logo and then no login screen just black with a white movable cursor Ive tried doing the cd repair again with the same results there is NO safe mode and NO taskmanager just black screens forever I tried fixboot and fixmbr i tried to restore to an earlier date through the repair console I tried every suggestion ive come across mostly from this site and even tried to after screen logo cursor with winxp white black load ubuntu to find my stuff which didnt show up All my things couldnt havebeen deleted that fast right Am i going to have to take my hd out and hook it up to a working computer to rescue my files Thank you in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518072/black-screen-with-white-cursor-after-winxp-logo/
Relevancy 84.71%

Worked fine a couple of hours ago, recently screen turned black and power but is white. It will not allow me to reboot and the battery is not removable

A:HP Stream notebook has a black screen and white power. Won'...

Leave it unplugged from the power supply until the battery completely discharges. Plug it back in and boot it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Stream-notebook-has-a-black-screen-and-white-power-Won-t/td-p/5781413
Relevancy 84.71%

A few days ago i updated my virus definitions on symantec and it picked up vundo trojan and from what i remember it was quarantined.

Last night I installed a driver for a program and was asked to restart and i got the black screen with the white mouse and nothing else after that.

i tried chkdsk /r and that didn't do anything. although it did say it repaired some bad sectors

right now i have the hard drive connected as a slave to another computer and im transferring files i need.

is there anything I can do while the hard drive is connected to the other computer, or shall i connect it to the original computer and try different things from there?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

btw : Windows XP Pro x64 edition

A:vundo, black screen white mouse on start up

ok so now i managed to "repair" the hard drive through the windows install cd.
it allowed me to log into windows but now my computer is lagging alot. my firefox is extremely slow and i believe I have like 2 trojans. here is the hi-jack this log...any help??

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:47:59 PM, on 4/5/2009
Platform: Windows 2003 SP2 (WinNT 5.02.3790)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.3790.1830)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp Remote\bin\OrbTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp Remote\bin\Orb.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Craft ROBO Controller\CRSSupervisor.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Gear2\GearHelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~3\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Nap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec AntiVirus\ProtectionUtilSurrogate.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InterVideo\SchSvr\SchSvr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniblue\DriverScanner\DriverScanner.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {d2c9fad1-759b-4b5e-aa9f-4ac929a6c225} - C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\ratuvame.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Gear Help] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Gear2\GearHelp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Nap] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Nap\AiNap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTxfiHlp] CTXFIHLP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTStartup] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Splash Screen\CTEaxSpl.EXE" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor]... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vundo-black-screen-white-mouse-on-start-up.815092/
Relevancy 84.71%

I am having issues with my screen turning black and white about 10 seconds after the desktop comes up on startup. I have done a few system restores which seemed to return it to normal colors for a few weeks at a time and then i would have to restore it again. The most recent system restore did not help it at all.

The machine is an HP Slimline running Vista

Graphics Card(?): NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Monitor is a Samsung 226BW

I am not sure if it is my graphics card, vista, my monitor or something else i am over looking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

A:Black and White screen using Vista after System Restore

I had the exact same thing happen. It turned out to be the Digital Vibrance setting. Go to your NVidia Control Panel-Display..Adjust desktop color settings.
Somehow, that slider was at 0% instead of the default 50%.
Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441746/black-and-white-screen-using-vista-after-system-restore/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, my computer will freeze every 2 hours or so and I have to restart it by holding down on the power button.

Then when I restart it I get a black screen with white underscore in the top left corner. Or sometimes a screen that says no boot device available.

I can still start the computer by going to boot menu and choosing HD at the start of setup. But if I don't press f8 then my comp will not boot up.

I don't have a clue whats wrong with it. I had to reinstall vista but still the same problems. Please help.

Relevancy 84.71%

Last night I updated Norton Anti virus then restarted the computer as prompted.
Since then it is stuck in a loop of black and white screen showing my CPU speed and giving options of F2 for settings or F8 for Boot, neither of these work and it just goes back round the loop.
I bought the PC second hand and do not have Win XP discs!!!!

Please help I am lost without my computer.
Thanks
Purple Chriss

A:Pc wont boot, no beep, black and white screen

Does it have a restore partition? Sounds to me like time to buy an XP cd as repair or check disk any of the options would require one.
http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5097
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-no-beep-black-and-white-screen.562809/