Windows Support Forum

AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution)

Q: AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution)

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 26.66%

I have a dell Inspiron 9100 with CPU ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 and will not work with Windows 10, I am looking for a replacement CPU that will work with Windows 10, I heard that ATI Mobility Radeon 9800 might work but not sure, any one have any thing on this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-mobility-radeon-9700.217540/
Relevancy 15.05%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 25.37%

The AMD Radeon R9 Fury is expected to launch shortly, which might explain why we're suddenly seeing a whole bunch of leaks relating to the graphics card. The latest collection of information on the Fury, leaked by VideoCardz, includes both...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 Fury specs allegedly confirmed ahead of launch

"This cooler isn't AMD's reference design, but the short PCB is a product of the memory modules being included right on the GPU's die."

Don't you mean the Interposer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-fury-specs-allegedly-confirmed-ahead-of-launch.216309/
Relevancy 39.56%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-issues-updated-statement-regarding-radeon-r9-fury-x-noise-problems.216306/
Relevancy 15.05%

It's been a while since I've posted but I've obtained most of the Sims 2 and I TRIED to install Double Deluxe but for some reason my dvd drive isn't recognizing the disc. It spins up and tries to read it, but doesn't do much in the line of effort to read it.
There are no scratches and I took care of the smudges with a cloth. Still unable to read the install disc. It'll read the promo/bonus disc and play it just fine though.
The computer is a Windows 7 with an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT60N Drive.
I have enough RAM, Graphics and other things to run it.
300 Gigs of Space left on the HDD. No idea what's going on here.

A:Sims 2 Double Deluxe problems

You might have a bad optical drive. Does it work with other DVDs (DVDs not CDs)? Do you have access to another DVD drive with which to substitute for testing purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-double-deluxe-problems.216270/
Relevancy 24.94%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a linksys router that has stock firmware and I can get into the config by 192.168 etc but I can't get it to see the internet. I have a isp that gives dhcp ip so no login needed. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wrt-54g-linksys-router.215894/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi All,
This is my first post here
So the issue I am facing is that I have a Dell Laptop with dual graphics card (Intel(R) 4400 integrated and AMD Radeon 8850m dedicated). The System would not detect any AMD driver installed on it. The device manager was showing only the Intel Graphics Card being installed .
Then I went on to uninstall the Catalyst Command Center from Control Panel, wherein I completely uninstalled the AMD Graphics driver and everything related to it.
Now, AMD is not at all being recognized by my system. Device manager doesnt show it even in hidden devices, DriverEasy scan doesnt read it, Even Dell System detect is failing to detect the AMD graphics Card.

How do I proceed ahead with this issue.

Have I somehow unmounted the hardware internally?
Is there anyway besides a factory reset to get this working again ( I have concerns with a factory reset also not helping me )
What system scan tools can I use to get my laptop to recognize the Device again?
Please Help
Thanks In Advance

A:AMD Radeon 8850m device is missing

Have you tried going to Dell support site and down loading the orginal drivers and software for your graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-8850m-device-is-missing.215797/
Relevancy 23.22%

AMD was excited to introduce a family of true next generation GPUs at their E3 event today. The Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano are enthusiast oriented graphics cards based on the Fiji architecture that will sit...

Read more

A:AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano GPUs; also Project Quantum, a dual-Fiji SFF PC

Custom form factor requirement makes Quantum DOA. White box manufacturers won't touch it..only the Alienwares and the like will even give it a shot and they won't move enough units to make it viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-announces-radeon-r9-fury-x-r9-fury-and-r9-nano-gpus-also-project-quantum-a-dual-fiji-sff-pc.214880/
Relevancy 25.8%

A barrage of leaks over the past few months left little to the imagination once it came time for AMD to officially unveil its Radeon 300 series graphics cards. Regardless, AMD filled us in on all of the pertinent details...

Read more

A:AMD officially announces Radeon 300 series graphics cards at E3

Hmm so the rebranded cards didn't get an GCN update to 1.2 which blows

The increase in clock speeds and Vram isn't enough alone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-officially-announces-radeon-300-series-graphics-cards-at-e3.214879/
Relevancy 25.8%

Graphics card manufacturer XFX has accidentally confirmed on their website that the upcoming AMD Radeon R9 390X is, in fact, a rebranded version of the R9 290X, which launched towards the end of 2013.

Read more

A:XFX accidentally confirms AMD Radeon R9 390X is a rebrand

Hmm. AMD really gave it their all when their released GCN 1.0 back in 2011. They released GCN cards from the top dog 7970 down to the 7730. From there, GCN 1.1 only saw 3 single GPUs and GCN 1.2 just 1 GPU so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-accidentally-confirms-amd-radeon-r9-390x-is-a-rebrand.213783/
Relevancy 25.37%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 14.62%

Basically I think it s Laptop Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 Problems; been happening for a month now My laptop screen glitches - the images distorting and sometimes green text appearing - Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 before Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 righting itself and crashing The only way I can get the Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 laptop to function again is to turn it off via the power button or take the battery out and put it back it again It has also become slow starting up - taking at least five minutes before you can log in and then a further five before you can actually do anything The cursor sometimes gets stuck in the center of the screen - I can access things using the tab screen but the cursor won t move whether I use the laptop touchpad or my USB mouse The fan has also been sporadically speeding up before calming down again - even though I ve been doing the same thing for the past god knows when I ve done a boot-up scan using avast had a look through all of my files and gotten rid of any old files that I don t need on there in an attempt to create some space but I ve got about - gb free so I can t see why that should be a problem Nothing happens before the glitches crashes so I don t think I m causing it by moving it and so on About a month ago the charger port was fixed at a laptop repair shop and then the laptop itself was sent off to SAMSUNG to have the motherboard replaced because I mistakenly wiped the bios since one driver update shut the laptop off in the middle of the bios update so I don t know if something is loose and so on I m planning on selling it in a month or two so it s not that much of a problem but of course I don t want to sell it to someone if its being a pain in the backside I also switched from integrated graphics to a nvidia geforce graphics card that is in the laptop when I bought it so that might be why Basic Info Samsung Ultrabook Series Intel Core i GB Ram TB Hardrive bit Operating System NVIDIA Geforce GT M nbsp

A:Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5

This sort of problem is tough to troubleshoot over the internet. It could be quite a few things that could cause the symptoms that you're experiencing. With that said, I'd probably start with updating the discrete GPU drivers. Since you did switch from integrated to discrete, this could be the main cause for the graphic glitches which is probably crashing the system.

Moving forward, I think you should download something like CPU-Z to monitor the CPU load and temperatures during the crashes. It could be that your CPU is overheating and could use some attention.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problems-samsung-ultrabook-series-5.213703/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 9400.

For a few years now the left half of the screen is really dark, with the other side normal brightness and a noticeable divide between the two. This only happens when the power supply is plugged in, the screen is fine when running off the battery.

I remember at the time doing a quick search and reading that it was likely to be a faulty battery, so that was replaced but didn't make a difference. Very few searches come back with an exact match of my situation, but keep seeing to detach the LCD cables and make sure they're in good condition yet haven't seen any success stories.

Does anyone know the problem?

Oli

A:Dell Inspiron half of the screen is dark

Does attaching an external monitor show the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-half-of-the-screen-is-dark.187509/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a keyboard that has been working fine last night then this morning this happened:

When I type o it types o+ and when I type l it types l and enter (the key)
So this makes it extremely hard to get anything done, please help, thanks

A:Keyboard problems

How old is the keyboard? Sometimes "gunk" gets built up under the keys and can cause the keyboard to start failing. Have you tries to remove the keys (or take the keyboard apart) and properly clean it? There are plenty of tutorials (video and non-video) available if you are unsure of how to clean a keyboard.
Regular cleaning on all computer parts will extend the life of those parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems.213578/
Relevancy 24.94%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 25.8%

AMD has quietly launched a new range of graphics cards designed for OEMs and system builders that fall under Radeon 300 series branding. Like with the HD 8000 series a couple of years ago, these cards are essentially all rebrands...

Read more

A:AMD launches Radeon 300 series rebrands for OEMs

I really like AMD but they've been disappointing lately

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-radeon-300-series-rebrands-for-oems.212743/
Relevancy 15.05%

For about the past month or so, my W7 tower on DSL occasionally loses its connection to the internet so I right click the the icon in the notification area & click trouble shoot & it reconnects yet my iPhone & Ipad remain online no problem.
Why?

A:Intermittent DSL connection problems

Clearly the router is doing find and the activity on W7 IS THE ISSUE.
Examine carefully what was active when the connection was lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-dsl-connection-problems.207951/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone,

I seriously need some perspective. I've ordered an Overlord Tempest X270 OC 1440p monitor. I'm trying to decide between:

1. 2x XFX R9 290X (CrossFire)
2. 2x nVidia GTX 970 (MSI/Asus Strix) (SLI)
3. Single nVidia GTX 980 PNY XLR8 Pro OC

Other parts are:

EVGA 850 G2
Intel Core i5 4690K
Asus Maximus VII Hero
GSkill Trident 16GB
Intel 730 Series SSD (480 GB)
NZXT S340

Have been reading up a lot but am finding it hard to choose. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:GTX 970 SLI, Radeon 290X CF or Single GTX 980 for 1440p (120Hz)

Only the first two options will get you to 120 fps on any game made within the last few years. I have a machine with an i7 and 970 SLI and a machine with an i7 and an EVGA 980 Superclock and at 2560x1440 only the 970s can manage... and not all the time. Most of the time I set my monitor refresh to 100Hz because there's a much greater chance that my cards can get me there.

I don't have any AMD GPUs atm so can't say about that but I will say that I've had one hell of a time getting XFX to honor their warranties in the past.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-970-sli-radeon-290x-cf-or-single-gtx-980-for-1440p-120hz.211340/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hidden in the latest AMD Catalyst 15.3 beta drivers, released alongside FreeSync last week, are a few pieces of information that hint at what might be in store for the upcoming Radeon Rx 300 series. Specifically, we might be in...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon Rx 300 series rumored to include many rebranded cards

It saves money on R&D and manufacturing as you don't have to research anything new or get in/ change any equipment which is good for the business as it's saving costs, but it is poor for technology and comes across as incredibly lazy. It's 2015 and they're still releasing cards produced in 2012, at least Nvidia cards offer some improvements, even if they are a rebrand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-rx-300-series-rumored-to-include-many-rebranded-cards.210639/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've been playing World of Tanks on High graphics, but even just in the garage looking at my vehicles the internal temperature rises to a peak (so far) of 58C with my fan on 100%.
Is this too much for my computer?

A:AMD Radeon HD 5800 series 50C-58C

No - especially not for an AMD card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-hd-5800-series-50c-58c.210812/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 15.48%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 15.48%

I am having an intermittent issue with my screen not waking up. It goes to sleep after 10 minutes normally but just occasionally it doesn't come back on. usually I have to reboot the pc. I tried a different monitor which worked fine, when I reconnected my normal monitor it also worked fine. The monitor power light flashes to indicate its in sleep mode but doesn't want to wake despite moving mouse or pressing keyboard. The graphics card is only a couple of months old and the screen is over 5 years old.
This problem only happens maybe once a month, the rest of the time it works as normal. Any suggestions gratefully received.

A:Intermittent blank screen

First, are you doing anything specific when this occurs, I.e. a particular game, video rendering, etc.? Second, is there dust build-up in your system? Check especially your video card fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-blank-screen.209381/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

A:White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 23.22%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-cuts-radeon-r9-290x-price-amid-gtx-970-issues.208450/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello all...I'm having problems with my Dell PC. I just purchased a sweet new scanner (ScanSnap SV600) and when I scan a lot of pages at once, I get an error message saying I'm out of storage and to restart the computer. The specific code given is 0x8007000E. I've also been noticing when I run a few web tabs at once, sometimes they just go black and I need to restart the browser. It has 8GB of RAM and all the drivers are updated. Anything I'm missing? Thank you kindly!

Dell Optiplex 790
i7-2600@3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Win 7 Pro

A:Memory Problems?

How much storage space do you have? From what I could research this error is tied to programs demanding a great deal of memory. You say this occurs when trying to scan a lot of pages at once. Does this occur when scanning less material at once? Have you tried updating your drivers for the scanner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.208487/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi there! I'm using HP presario c700 . During few days I'm going to see display is not working properly. I mean I can't see anything without sound, It's display is going to show a black shadow with some scratchs.

Please anyone say something, what should I do?

A:Laptop Screen Problem

Hi there, have you tried hooking up to an external monitor? This will help you determine if it's a problem with the screen or logic board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-problem.208402/
Relevancy 15.91%

After 3 days of not using my pc(due to broken psu) after I replace with a new psu my screen is so dim tried everything from replacing wires,adjusting brightness,replacing hardwares to replacing monitors but the problem still persists I dunno what the problem is can someone help me. thanks in advance

A:Screen too dim

Information needed: Make and Model of computer / motherboard / video card / monitor / etc.
Cannot help if no information is available about what you are using. What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-too-dim.208130/
Relevancy 15.48%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB laptop and the screen is either black or very dark, sometimes at the right angle you can just see the graphics, This started after the 18mth old son hit the top of the screen yesterday. I have tried adjusting brightness without change, with an external monitor plugged in it works fine, which is OK if I'm working at home but no good when I'm out. I am thinking I'm going to have to change he screen or can you make any other suggestions?

A:Very dark or black laptop screen

Your son has probably damaged or loosened the screen inverter. That is what lights up the screen and is a separate part. It can be found under the screen bezel. I don't think that this will cost much to fix. If you DIY read up about the job first because removing the bezel (frame) needs to be done carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-dark-or-black-laptop-screen.208064/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 42.14%

Now I got a new problem on my dell Latitude E6410, I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and instal all upadates, its works fine, but when I plug in or plug out charger pin there is appear total black screen for a moment, I tried power settings and so many things about graphics but fail, if anyone have a solution then tell me, I'll be glad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-black-secreen-on-charging.207887/
Relevancy 58.05%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 14.62%

See picture below. Any ideas? Ive cleaned the rollers, and the main charger, and pretty much anything else I can find in the copier. Havent replaced the toner cartridge though. Originally there was toner all over the place and the dotted line was a solid black line. Performing the aforementioned maintenance items got rid of the thick black line but now this remains.

Any help is appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-km3530-copier-copy-problems.207362/
Relevancy 15.48%

I just purchased screen quot DELL U H quot and a new computer The happy unboxing time turned to a nightmare when the noob I am could not connect the screen to the computer like the guy is doing in the youtube video Thanls Screen Info http accessories us dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku -BBCG What I am trying to do This guy is connecting his screens to each other than to the PC but I am unable to achieve it 3 station configure screen my working Can't My Computer Spec Asus ROG G Desktop PC i Can't configure my 3 screen working station GB TB NVIDIA GTX - CPU Intel Core i - M Cache up to GHz - VGA NVIDIA GTX GD - OS Windows - Memory G DDR MHz - Storage TB SATA G ASUS Can't configure my 3 screen working station westorage years - ODD Blu-Ray X Combo - LAN Mbps - Audio -channel Audio SonicMaster - Card readerN A - Front I O - USB x - Mic Port x - Earphone port x - back I O x RJ LAN x HDMI-Out - x channel Audio - x USB x USB - x Power jack - power supply WAdapter - certificates BSMI CB CE FCC UL CCC Energy Star VCCI Graphic Card Spec http www asus com Graphics Cards GTX PHOC GD specifications nbsp

A:Can't configure my 3 screen working station

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't support Surround (three monitors) via daisy-chaining (the card in the video was AMD Radeon). You might be able to get two monitors to work like that - some sort of DisplayPort MST support was added a while ago because of tiled 4k displays - but to get them all working they need to be plugged to the card directly.

As GTX750 doesn't have proper connectors, you might need to change your graphics card to something that has three DP outputs or 2xDP + HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-3-screen-working-station.206802/
Relevancy 59.34%

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 C
Graphics
VE205 (1600x900@60Hz)
VE205 (1600x900@60Hz)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

A:2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 15.48%

So recently my laptop computer s screen has been exhibiting very odd behavior At random times and puslates out Laptop spazzes screen at random intervals the screen will suddenly begin to pulsate and Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates quot spazz out quot if you will The spazzing is a burst of bright pulsating pixels that either partially or completely obscure the picture on the screen When this first started happening they never lasted for more than a fraction of a second but they are becoming much longer There seems to be nothing that I do in particular that causes this It doesn t necessarily happen when I for example play a game with intense graphics Nor does it necessarily happen when my computer is hot I have a core thermometer installed to prove this It doesn t seem to specifically be caused when I move the computer around Recently the quot attacks quot have been getting more frequent and more violent but I m just not sure what causes it An attempted screenshot of the issue returned a normal-looking screen so I don t think it s a virus Here s a YouTube link to a video I caught of it The pulsating starts at Sorry about Brand New in the background Computer Model ASUS Notebook K E Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Installed Memory RAM GB GB usable System type -bit Operating System Thanks for your help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-spazzes-out-and-puslates.206769/
Relevancy 42.14%

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.

A:Titan black or GTX 780 + Quadro K4000 for 3d modeling/gaming

boagz said:

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.Click to expand...

As far as 3D modeling goes, the biggest thing you will need is ram on the card for the blender and 3D modeling aspect. Some programs are specifically limited to the Quaddro series of cards which means you will have to check if the programs you use will work with any GPU.

Basically, I would say either just get a 780ti 6gb edition (Being released this month I believe) if your programs will all work fine on the GTX series of cards. Or if that won't work, you should be fine with the 780 and grabbing a Quaddro series card to go with it. I would say only get Titan black if you really need the extra compute performance it brings because otherwise its expensive and still would end up being better in my book just getting an K4000 with your 780 since you already own the 780.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/titan-black-or-gtx-780-quadro-k4000-for-3d-modeling-gaming.201518/
Relevancy 15.48%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone I m having some problems activating my other with my other video card on my HP laptop with Windows bits I have been able to switch between both of the - my ati mobility radeon hd which i want to activate and my Intel HD Graphics There is an option to manually change between the cards on my desktop the ATI Catalyst Control Center version It is currently on High-performance GPU meaning the Radeon video card can't Radeon ATI Suddenly HD Mobility 6550 use my should be active Yet when I try to play a game or when I check my current computer technical details using Can You Run It the computer acts as though I m currently activating the Intel card Furthermore when I disconnect my laptop from the power supply the Catalyst Control Center asks me whether I want to switch graphic cards or not If I do agree or if I change the graphic cards manually using the ATI Catalyst Control Center the ATI Catalyst Control Center icon dissapears from the icons on my taskbar and an Intel icon appears allowing me to change some of the properties of my Intel graphic card but not to switch between the cards There is no way to get my computer to use or even pretend using like it did the Radeon graphics card Now I tried installing the Radeon s card s driver but there s an error message when i try Before I change the graphic cards when the computer appears Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 to be activating the Radeon card it appears as though both of the card Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 s drivers are installed but if I switch to the Intel one the Radeon card s driver doesn t appear in the device manager Now it worked a few weeks ago Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 but it didn t work today I tried restoring to the most previous checkpoint which was days ago but all that did is make my computer appear as though it s running the Radeon graphic card Now I suspected that my graphic card has been disconnected but I m not sure just where it is and when I tried to look for it I figured it isn t worth the risk in case i don t succeed so i want to make sure that s the problem Any suggestions nbsp

A:Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550

What is the exact model number of this laptop? It seems to me that what ever graphics choice gave you the best video performance, this would be the only video you would ever use. Why the need to switch graphics adapters in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-cant-use-my-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-6550.166959/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,
I seem to have quite an annoying problem with my new 256gb razerbalde. Whenever I launch a game I get a black screen the sound still works but no response from the screen, I have to put it to sleep and back on again and it works even though sometimes I need to do it 10 times or so. I have updated to all the newest drivers and tried a secondary display through hdmi it gives me the following error message: failed to initialize renderer. Unknow error creating the renderer. I only tried launching skyrim so far. The error seems to happen sometimes but not often when I will start the laptop and the screen will be the same. It's more of a black/greyish color and you notice that it is on.
Any help will be of great use. If the post already exists I am sorry and would be happy to get the link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razerblade-problems.206284/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'm having trouble staying on line with telstra connection my internet keeps freezing and dropping in and out I have had trouble with my home line phone and have a bullion modem which this isn't the problem, the problem I believe lays with telstra as I've checked with my server and with downloads and updated my PC so what can I do next.
Thanks
June

A:Having problems with connection dropping in and out

June Lomas said:

what can I do next.Click to expand...

Call Telestra

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-connection-dropping-in-and-out.206048/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have been having quite a few issues with the motherboard I have from ASRock. It is the Z87 Extreme4. My issue is the usb 3.0 No matter what I plug in it says this device can perform faster than this blah blah blah. Anyway, that should not be happening as I am plugging in usb 3.0 devices. What is going on? The other problem is that my front ports that are from the mobod header will no longer recognize any of my external 2.5 hdd. 1 on the back also says this so I am limited to just 3 ports on the back that I can plug into with my external hdd and they are very important to what I do. Is anyone familiar with this? Is this only on this board or a common thing among ASRock? I have other computers and the usb 3.0 works just great.

A:USB 3.0 Problems

Have u Installed the drivers? I do not know any thing about ASRock but lots of USB3 have to have the drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-problems.205957/
Relevancy 58.48%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT (1680x1050@64Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have been experiencing some serious FPS problems with my Laptop recently. I Used to run games at somewhere from 60-120 FPS, but now its dropped down to 5-14 FPS. It happened recently. A couple days ago on Saturday Oct 4rth, I was playing Team Fortress 2 on Steam. I shut off my computer to go to sleep for the night and when I turned on my computer the FPS problem started almost immediately after I turned on the PC. Its not just Team Fortress 2 either, Its happening to all of my other games also. I am not sure on what to do and the only though that comes to my mind when I wonder what the problem could be is a virus. (I have virus protection Webroot but I'm not sure if it works to well.) I might have to Factory Reset my computer, but I want to try different solutions before I Factory Reset. Any Ideas?

My Laptop Info: http://gyazo.com/f1acf76e4e8e9febcec1e6e62991b297

/

A:FPS Gaming Problems

Back up your important data and do the Factory Reset. Apply all the Windows Updates, and then try your games. Webroot is not an antivirus program. Try installing MSE:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-gaming-problems.205822/
Relevancy 15.48%

A few days ago my laptop started doing something weird - I would watch a video on YouTube or browsing the internet when my screen would glitch out and then I am not able to do anything. Most of the times the laptop will keep on running but the screen is frozen. Yesterday I even got blue screen after that happening.

Those are the specifications. I am using Windows 7 Proffesional. My GPU is Nvidia Geforce 525M 2GB + The the graphics card that comes with the processor

A:Laptop screen glitches

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-glitches.205605/
Relevancy 42.57%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 15.48%

I am now working on a ASUS G jh I ll describe the problem from when I first acquired the laptop The laptop started up with a blue BIOS background eventually the OS started Very lightly and blue tinted After playing around I discovered that the problem was intermittent when changing the elevation of the LCD lid I ordered NEW LCD Video Cable For Asus G G JH G JW G J G SW SERIES - Q ASA http www ebay com itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT thinking this would fix the problem It did not Since then I have tried one different LCD panel and get the same results Now the problem is no longer blue It s just dark very very dark I can see that it still sends the image to the screen but it looks at if it s Asus G73jh problem screen the older LCD panels with the backlight disabled I know that this does not have a backlight or inverter though I have reinstalled Windows reinstalled the drivers reinstalled CCC still having issues maybe this is related AMD Catalyst fails to load properly The error message is quot Catalyst Control Centre Command Line Interface has stopped working quot It seems maybe there is something wrong with the graphics processor but I currently have a monitor connected through VGA and have also tested the HDMI output and both work fine I have been using and testing this system Asus G73jh screen problem with the external monitor since I have disassembled the laptop to replace the LCD LED cable I no longer have the old cable Anyone with any tips I would really like to figure this out if not for a working laptop for the curiousity of knowing what caused the problem Please help I will appreciate it very much nbsp

A:Asus G73jh screen problem

Is the display panel an LCD or LED type? Many LCD laptops can be converted to LED by using a simple flat cable adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-screen-problem.205184/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all. Well I am having problems with turning on my Toshiba satellite c50-a-19t laptop. The night before there was a smell coming from the fan so I turned it off. I put it on charge in the morning and when it was fully charged I went to use it. The white light on the front goes on for a sec and then goes straight off and the laptop don't power up. Any ideas guys ???

A:Problems with laptop

Sounds as though it may have over heated and something may have shorted out. you will need to have it looked at your local repair shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-laptop.204564/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey.
Everytime I plug in the Ethernet cord to the router. It lights up and doesn't blink. After a couple of seconds, it just goes dark and I'm unable to use the router.

It works from time to time (I always have to unplug and it replug it back constantly) and I tried plugging in the router without the Ethernet plugged in and it looks like it works fine (Lights blinking). I plug in the Ethernet after that and it continues blinking for a few seconds then it darkens.

It's a Linksys router. WRT5462 V1 (Cisco)

A:Router problems -_-

Have you tried more than one cable? The cable could have gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problems-_.204968/
Relevancy 14.62%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 15.48%

I am running Windows 8.1. After restarts, the laptop screen would be blank, yet the computer would load. If I hooked up a 2nd monitor, it would show the desktop on that screen but laptop screen blank.

Now when I try to type on that computer (I'm currently on a different computer) the typing of the keys is all off (none of the letters actually type what they are supposed to and some open up random windows and command prompts)

I am wondering if this is a virus. Currently running Malwarebytes. I did a system restore earlier and the problem wasn't solved.

A:Blank Screen error and typing issues

Could be a virus, but could also mean the motherboard is faulty. If still in warranty, RTM.

Does the laptop have a bootable CD reader? If so, then download and make a bootdisk of a small linux (e.g. puppy linux). Booting off that will virtually prove if the motherboard is faulty or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-error-and-typing-issues.204596/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hey so I wasn t really sure where to post this as I am quite new to the forums but here I go So my first problem is with my laptop s adapter charger not really sure what it s called in english it no longer charges as in the tiny green light no longer turns on when I connect it to problems Two an outlet and yes I Two problems have tried more than just one outlet It s dead From what I ve read on the web I suppose the only way out is buying a new charger Or trying to open the charger box and fixing it Is that possible If so any tips on how to do that - My second problem is releated with the internet modem I have cable internet and after this storm a coupel of days ago it started playing tricks on me even though the cable is plugged into the pc and the modem is working for about a whole minute my pc says that the cable is unplugged and only after that does it recognize it and connect me to the internet Any ideea what s wrong I suppose there s fault in my modem because before when it worked just fine about three green lights turned on right after turning it on but now only two do the dsl and power one I don t know fpr sure but I think the third one used to be ethernet And that s about it If anything s unclear please ask english is my third language so I might have made some mistakes here and there thanks for your time nbsp

A:Two problems

DO NOT open that "charger box." It is dangerous to do so because it can hold a charge of electricity for quite some time. Either buy a new charger from the laptop manufacture or, if you can, purchase a new charger from the likes of Targus. I have a Lenovo laptop and bought the Targas brand as a back-up. It works great and Targus supplies several adapters to work on many different brands.

Secondly, was your modem and router plugged into a surge protector or do you have them plugged directly into the outlet?

Your English is quite good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-problems.203854/
Relevancy 15.05%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 15.48%

A few days ago I bought some screenwipes to clean my monitor screen & iPhone screen. They worked great on my iPhone & laptop but when I did my W7 tower I felt bumps which are from un expected sneezes & would like to know if there is another way to clean that off or if I'll just have to use more than one wipe.

A:Cleaning my monitor screen

You just have to put some muscle into it! I had the same sneeze marks on my screen from over the years and a bit of elbow grease was the key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cleaning-my-monitor-screen.204176/
Relevancy 15.05%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-dvd-burner.204090/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi all,

So I managed to drop my laptop Satellite C870 - 15K to the floor. It cracked my screen (see attached) so I'm thinking of replacing the screen myself. However before I purchase the screen I wanted to make sure the laptop is still working.

When I try to connect it to my TV through HDMI to verify if the laptop is still function I get no image. I thought maybe it's in standby mode or something so I removed the battery and tried again without luck. When I start up the laptop it sounds normal but I don't hear any windows sound or anything. Any advice on how to continue?

A:Broken Toshiba LCD screen

Pull off the bottom access panel(s) and make sure the memory and hard drive are seated properly by removing them and re-installing them. It is also possible that the broken screen is shorting out the motherboards video. Try connecting the TV after you remove the LCD panel. One more thought... you have pressed the proper F key to activate the external video port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-toshiba-lcd-screen.203601/
Relevancy 15.05%

I turn-on the power on my laptop and all I see is a cycle of Red, Green, Blue, White, & Black of color on my screen. Computer was working the night before. I do not know much about troubleshooting a computer. Can anyone please give me an advice or guide if this is something I would be able to tinker to work or bring the laptop over for service.
I have a Dell XPS1730 (5 years old) with Nvidia IUPGA5D G84. Recently, upgraded to Windows 7
I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.
Daire

A:Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

The internal video has died. To verify this you can attach an external monitor and see if the display is normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-flashes-rgbwb-color-upon-power-up.203382/
Relevancy 24.94%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3512-amd-radeon-hd-8500-8700m-crashed-and-failed-to-recover.203323/
Relevancy 15.48%

Can anyone help,
I have a compaq presaio cq61

the other day the screen went dark, could just see the screen in the background, scrolled through forums and decided that it could be the inverter.
Purchased and fitted a new one screen lights up fine but now is continuously pulsating. Does anyone have an idea on this, could it be the wrong inverter? or other problems.

Your help in this would be extremely appreciated.

A:Laptop screen pulsing

The LCD panel could be bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-pulsing.203088/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have a Dell Latitude D that I dropped while in its carrying bag so even backlight Dell screen Latitude replacement no after it wasn t a real hard landing Now the backlight won t come on I swapped an entire screen assembly from an identical D and it still won t turn the backlight on I swapped the screens again and the borrowed D still works fine and mine won Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement t work I didn t bother to test my screen in the borrowed D I can run an external CRT with mine and I can see the LCD display if I shine a light on it so I know the display is working and not cracked The laptop won t drive the CRT Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement unless it thinks the lid is down so to use the keyboard I removed the sense magnet from the lid and taped it to the place where it would be with the lid closed I ve noticed in the past that this D often stayed fully on including the display it seemed when I closed the lid and walked away for hours Note When I tested the borrowed screen I had the sense magnet removed When the magnet is taped in place simulating lid down both the backlight and the display are off I can t see the display even when a light is shined on it but when the magnet is removed simulating lid up I get the display with no backlight It seems like the display knows whether the lid is up or down but the backlight seems to act like the lid is always down Is this possible What should I look for nbsp

A:Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

Did you replace the backlight inverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-no-backlight-even-after-screen-replacement.198916/
Relevancy 59.34%

Earlier I was surfing when the monitor went black & the laptop shut down. Simple as that/ I booted it up & no problems till a few minutes ago it happened again. Both times I had two tabs open. I'm going to save what needed in case I do a factory restore.` Vista Home Premium

A:Black screen twice on my Vista

Overheating..? Download Speedfan and tell us temps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
Relevancy 28.81%

When I start up my laptop I have this white line on the side of my screen and the rest of the screen is black
I've tried pressing f12 when the laptop turns on but it doesn't work

A:White line

Hi,

What laptop do you have? It would be much helpful to anyone here who might be able to help if you could provide more additional information about your laptop and other specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-line.202185/
Relevancy 43.43%

So I just finished a new build and am having a strange issue with my monitor and am at a loss The monitor will randomly just go black power stays on pc is still running fine its done it mid game as well as just sitting idle I have disabled sleep modes The new build is a a k and a asus a x - plus mobo radeon r gamer series ram MHz WD black gig hd raidmax watt PSU Now if I hook monitor up to my old video card radeon hd I have no out goes Monitor black of ideas issues but when I plug it into the motherboards VGA I have problems Now here is whats giving me problems I have hooked my wifes monitor into my new computer her monitor works fine with the onboard vga and my monitor works fine on her pc Also if I plug my tv into onboard hdmi I have no issues I would test dvi but I don t have a converter I do have updated bios and drivers and am running windows Things I have tried so far reinstalled windows and all drivers swapped monitors tried separate gpu adjusted refresh rate tried hdmi my tv instead of monitor instead of vga so far the only issue I can come up with Monitor goes black out of ideas is maybe my monitor is just not compatible for some reason Monitor and a AOC swl btw which from what ive managed to find about it there shouldn Monitor goes black out of ideas t be any compatability issues nbsp

A:Monitor goes black out of ideas

Did you ever figure this issue out? I'm having the exact same symptoms with my beautiful Dell 27" LED screen, but unfortunately, I'm starting to believe it's the monitor, which is just over the one year warranty. The sad part is, I was having this problem for over six months now, and had switched to the VGA cable to avoid the issue when it first started happening, but finally tried to troubleshoot it now, and I'm discovering that it may be a hardware issue and if I would have done something when it started, it was still under warranty.

Anyway, the only thing I haven't ruled out yet is the DVI cable, as that is still a possibility, however it seems unlikely that a DVI cable would go bad by itself after a few months of use. And looking at the cable, I see no signs of damage or broken/bent pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-out-of-ideas.202016/
Relevancy 13.33%

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

A:Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 26.66%

After formating my PC I realised that the taskbar is unable to appear because the screen resolution does not fit the desktop. how do I set the specific screen resolution for acer aspire one d257. I have tried using the registry tweak for higher screen resolution but it does not work.

Relevancy 27.09%

I am having the same issue I can not find one single thing online to resolve the problem I am running windows 7

Moderator note - Moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-d257-resolution.201534/

A:Resolution problem

Have you tried right clicking the desktop and then clicking screen resolution and adjusting it to where you can see the taskbar?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-problem.201832/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have a toshiba satellite pro and usually use the touchpad with my right hand rather than a mouse. I attached an external mouse for my daughter to use, and changed the settings to lefthanded. I disconnected and shut down. Since then, each time I restart the computer, the touchpad does not work correctly. Instead of double clicking on the touchpad, I have to rightclick. I have to go into mouse settings on control panel, and move the double click speed, click apply and then the touchpad works correctly then. Why is this? Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-problems-after-using-left-handed-mouse.201828/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi So my HTC just old Nokia Problems 7360 spare with got stolen so I had to dig up my old spare phone it s a old Nokia and it works somehow I can call and I can txt but I can t save any new contacts it just says something like quot forbidden action quot anyhow I can t copy old contacts from the Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 phone to the sim card I can t delete old contacts so I was going to reset the whole thing but I have changed the security code by default it should be and I can t remember what I have changed it to and yes I have tried all the possibilities that there are So what to do -any ideas P S It also says that the memory is full and it can t save any MMS WAP what nat settings EDIT Have got it connected to the computer now with a data cable and using Nokia PC Suite and I made a backup of everything just in case but Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 it failed to backup the contacts so I tried to just open and view all the saved contacts but it just fails Anyhow I m not really interested in the old contacts so I don t mind but when it fails to read the contacts it also fails when I try to add new contacts via the computer Next step was to download Nokia Software Updater that s also what the PC Suite suggested but it can t quot find quot the phone when it s connected So what next -I could send it to Nokia so that they there would flash it but then if there is some other problems with it it would cost a fortune and it s not worth it nbsp

A:Problems with old spare Nokia 7360

You need to go in the nearest nokia care point at your place. You can also go to unauthorised repair shop for reformatting or reflashing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-old-spare-nokia-7360.171731/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello, yesterday I was using my computer and I shut it off. When I came back a few hours later, the wifi couldn't connect, and, unlike most times life this, it displayed an ethernet symbol with a red 'x' opposed to the normal wireless symbol with an 'x'. My computer stopped connecting to any wireless, though works fine with ethernet.

It is a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 8

I've tried rebooting (I'm clueless, but not that clueless), updating the OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the computer's drivers along with some more far-fetched stuff (I got desperate) such as removing the battery, waiting a few hours, and plugging it back in, but nothing has worked.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing, thanks!

A:Internet problems on my Lenovo

trekzone said:

Hi,

Seems your WIFI adapter is being disabled. try enabling the device in your device manager or with the Fn+function key provided in your laptop.Click to expand...

That doesn't seem to be the problem, the adapter is enabled and the computer is not in airplane mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems-on-my-lenovo.201378/
Relevancy 42.57%

Guys plz help me..ma dad wont let me game..so I cnt upgrade ma pc..I myself cn afford a pci vga..cn it run latest games?

A:Can I play Black Ops 2 on a PCI card like Nvidia 6200?

If that's your graphics card, then the rest of the system must be ancient. I'm gonna go with 'NO'.

To test: download Steam and Team Fortress 2. Turn resolution and all settings to minimum. Does the game run acceptably?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-black-ops-2-on-a-pci-card-like-nvidia-6200.201428/
Relevancy 15.48%

I recently bought a new Motherboard for my PC, it is a GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H, it has a USB 3.0 plug in. However even though I plugged my USB 3.0 plug into it I still have no use. These are my front USB 3.0s, although the sound and mic work fine in the front. I currently am using a Windows 8 64-bit computer and have all drivers up to date, I am wondering if there is a way to turn it on in the BIOS.

A:USB 3.0 Problems

It seems to me like you are plugging the USB 3.0 device into the front of your case. If they are not working, it means you probably never connected the USB 3.0 header plug from the motherboard into the case plugs.

This is what I am talking about BTW:

Just to clarify though, you are trying to connect your device using the front case USB plugs? Also, if you plug the USB 3.0 device into the motherboard directly (in the back of the case), does the device work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-problems.201213/
Relevancy 79.55%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello everyone,

I am not very tech savvy, so I apologise in advance for my uselessness..

I'm having serious issues with my Dell, every now and then the screen will fragment violently, sometimes just part of the screen, sometimes all of it, I can move the cursor and click and open things, if I can see the screen, which is not always possible..

I believe it may be a problem with my graphics card, my Dell does not have a tower, it is the monitor and tower in one device.

It's getting to the point where I cannot submit schools tasks on time because of my system, and I am just in need of serious assistance..

Thank you.

A:Screen scrambling

It more or less is the graphics chip. If this is the case you may need to take it to a local computer repair shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-scrambling.200457/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 15.48%

I recently bought GLADIATOR R7 260X Intel i5-4570 3.6GHz Quad Core Next Day Gaming Pc - Aria PC from Aria,it comes with CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com and every so often the monitor goes off which I think may be due to a lack of enough power. Would it be beneficial to change to a Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com that I have spare?

Thanks

A:Possible PSU problems

If you have the PSU as a spare, there is no harm in using it to see if it corrects your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-psu-problems.200393/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a laptop with the Realtek high definition audio and Dolby home theater installed. After the latest win8.1 update the Realtek program has stopped forwarding the sound through the Dolby program (which it managed to do perfectly before the upgrade). I tried using Viper4Windows too but that didn't work eighter. Is there an option anywhere that will allow me to fix this?

A:Realtek and third party program problems

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-and-third-party-program-problems.200237/
Relevancy 15.91%

cursor goes off screen to the right and bottoom i tried the video settings with the duel monitor setting and its not that nor is it my monitor itself it happened while i was messing around with toolbars and taskbars but i tried everything and nothing helps evem n system restore dont work or adjusting my video card which is a nvida 8400 gs on my win xp sp3 dell dimension 2350, i already had my integrated video card disabled so im stumped if someone can help plz do so thanx in advanced

A:Cursor goes off screen

Most problems like this are down to having the wrong Graphic card drivers installed.
If you go to the Nvidia site, select your card from the drop down boxes.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Save the driver somewhere easy to find on your pc, (desktop)

To uninstall the current drivers, go to Control panel, system, device manager.
Click on Display adapters, right-click and choose uninstall driver.
Go back to the Desktop and run the new driver installer.
Set up the display as you want in Control panel, display.

*While you are in 'Device manager', do you have a yellow warning sign next to the 'mouse and pointing devices'?
If yes, you can right click on it and choose 'Update driver'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cursor-goes-off-screen.160081/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a prob,whit a geforce 8800 gts 512mb.

I got it from a secondhand site and all was alright till I started to overclock

Nothing big,oc at 16% and the temp was 60*C wich aint so high.But when I started the pc next day,I got only black screen,no bios no safe mod no nothing.

I have a
pentium D 805 2.66
gigabyte ga-8i945pl-g as mobo
500 mb ram drr II/ 4 slotsX 500=2gb
acopia dual fan it-25f2 -psu

I know the mobo aint dead cuz I tested with my other gpu,and it worked
Did a bios reset-still black screen
changed the ram position
tried with other monitor
dvi-vga adapter works(I tested on the other gpu)
Nothing worked

I noticed that now when I start the pc,the gpu fan speed doesn't change I mean its at 100% but when I had a image on the screen at the start up,the fan speed was at 100% only for 3 sec,then it changed lets say at 50% after those 3 sec.

should I try the bake fix or its a certain dead card?

Sry for my spelling mistakes hope u can give me an answer cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-startup-8800-gts.199989/
Relevancy 15.05%

After upgrading my MacBook Pro with Maverick, Audio Hijack Pro pretends not finding the source application for recording. Anyone the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-hijack-problems.199984/
Relevancy 54.61%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/