Windows Support Forum

My mouse freezes after login (Asus x61s) and then I'm stuck

Q: My mouse freezes after login (Asus x61s) and then I'm stuck

I've read somewhere that the problem could be the synaptics (?) drivers, but how can I do anything about them when I cannot move the mouse?

I tried a separate mouse in the USB key, but that didn't even appear to register.

Help?!? I'm a computer user of limited ability, and thoroughly frustrated!

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My mouse freezes after login (Asus x61s) and then I'm stuck

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My mouse freezes after login (Asus x61s) and then I'm stuck

Ok, what seems to me to be the problem is the system is having an issue with recognizing USB devices. This might be a problem either with your physical USB ports, or with Windows. Your USB ports might have been damaged, or Windows is having an issue recognizing USB devices once it loads up. Windows is weird in that it loads up all the device drivers and recognizes USB stuff as it starts up and sometimes a USB device that's plugged in before it books will make it go screwy. I've had a similar issue once before.

First of all, what I'd like you to do is unplug the mouse and any other unimportant USB device you have. USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB flash drive, USB external drive....whatever. If it doesn't need to be on there, take it out.

Start up the computer. Once it loads up Windows, try plugging the keyboard and mouse back in. What should happen is Windows, having already loaded the USB drivers and such, will see you plugging in the USB devices again and it will try to detect what they are and get the necessary drivers to make them work.

After you've tried this, let me know what's happening. If it isn't fixed, then there's something even worse that's wrong with Windows or your USB ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mouse-freezes-after-login-asus-x61s-and-then-im-stuck.139281/
Relevancy 68.8%

dear bleeping computer how are you guys here's my story why i need help so my uncle asked me to repair his very slow acer laptop so i said why not i got it directly got to ssafe mode caus it was very slow downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware ran a scan and it found threads it took long enough to delete maybe threads and then it shut down because keyboard & mouse login screen stuck on the charger didnt get electricity then i restarted in safe mode ran the scan again and found threads between or in numbers it took hours to quarantine them fell asleep and in the morning the safe mode worked fine so i geussed why not go to normal mode when all the threads where removed did that mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen and till now mouse amp keyboard freezes when starting up and seeing the cursor it gets mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen stuck at login where you have to so i cant login or go to explorer to do anything please i need help i dont got any backup cd's orso because he lost everything and its an old pc i'll try to upgrade it to window maybe after it's repaired hope there is help regards Daniel

A:mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582822/mouse-keyboard-stuck-on-login-screen/
Relevancy 67.94%

xp freezes after login, mouse unresponsive, then the display TURNS FUNNY COLORS!!!!

but the welcome screen is fine, any ideas???

im stumped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-z81k-freezes-after-login-displays-funny-colors.410614/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have followed several similar threads and their fixes for this problem with no result After downloading the Win upgrade my system then said quot loading updates quot Then it restarted with a blue login screen saying quot Welcome Back quot And a box to enter my password The cursor is blinking in the box but neither my mouse or keyboard works I have hard booted several times since the ctrl alt delete does not work I am also not able to access safe mode as none of the quot F quot keys work during boot up I have tried the following Unplugged all USB devices except keyboard does at 10 windows recognize keyboard or stuck screen mouse login not Turning off internet at the router I have a Dell desktop and upgraded from Windows with a Netgear router modem I do NOT have an animated avitar as someone else mentioned in the forum The windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard only way I can get the system to move is if I power off at the main switch after booting up which goes into bios and disc diagnostics but I don't know enough about computers to know what to do there HELP PLEASE My computer is useless now

A:windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard

Booted up again and let it run for several hours. I noticed some flashing under the power button like it was processing info, but it stopped after about 20 mins. Still frozen at login page. Help Please!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12355-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-does-not-recognize-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I do see that you have had a similar problem already on this forum but it didn't fix mine (I probably wasn't doing something right).
My Laptop wont start up it goes to the Windows Recovery error page where you have to choose either Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Windows normally. Both of these options lead you to the same result to the Asus Preload Wizard page.
I tried pressing F8 and F9 but didn't get anything.
Appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55v-stuck-in-asus-preload-wizard.1137335/
Relevancy 56.76%

running windows 10 version 1607,anyways windows did its regular update thing and when it was done now i cant login. i enter my password and its welcome and then just goes right back to the lock screen. please help. cant find anything relevant online so far. sony vaio pc.

A:cant login after recent windows update, stuck at login screen

Hi ! Did you create a system repair CD or a system recovery drive?? Here are the ways that you can recover. My first choice would be to restore to a time before the update with a restore point! Read this by HTG! How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options
PS! Using a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc
A recovery drive will normally not be necessary. If your computer fails to boot several times, Windows 8 or 10 will automatically bring up the advanced startup options, which allows you to troubleshoot and fix it.
If Windows can?t even bring up these tools, you?ll need the recovery drive, system repair disc, or a Windows 8 or 10 installation disc. Insert the recovery media into your computer and restart. Your computer should boot from the recovery media automatically. (If it doesn?t, you may need to change its boot order.)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441980-cant-login-after-recent-windows-update-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Didn't happen before I have downloaded all Lenovo updates and MS Lenovo After 7 Install Win X61S Crashing Often updates I have been able to find for Windows Suspect it may have something to do with the fact that under quot ThinkVantage Tool Box gt Diagnostics gt DXevice Manager Alerts I have a message that says quot Driver not installed on PCI memory conroller quot and another message that says quot Driver problem on Intel PCIC Compatiable PMCIA Controller quot Both give me click options for reinstalling the drivers but when I do Lenovo X61S Crashing Often After Win 7 Install that for the PCI Memor Controller I get a dialogue box that says the manufacturer of the device is unknown and a message that says quot The drivers for this device are not installed Lenovo X61S Crashing Often After Win 7 Install Code There is no driver selected for the device information set or element To find a driver for this device click Update Driver quot Then I cannot click on the update driver tab and get anything On the PMCIA Controller the dialogue box says the location of the device is unknown and the message says quot his device cannot start Code quot What to do

A:Lenovo X61S Crashing Often After Win 7 Install

Hi and welcome to the forum. Can you boot sometimes in the normal mode? Can you boot in the safe mode? Were you ever able to boot into Windows successfully? Can you use your CD to do a repair install? Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141898-lenovo-x61s-crashing-often-after-win-7-install.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm stuck with removing the keyboard. Let's fire up the documentation: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/docs/MIGR-62866 Go to 1050 Keyboard > page 66 It says: Detach the keyboard connector 4 to remove the keyboard 5. With a picture. I am completely puzzled by this; mine doesn't seem to be taken apart easily. Any additional tips or help?

A:Disassembling an X61s to clean or replace the fan

You managed to remove the screws? 

You then need carefully lift it, I normally use a small plastic device similar to a guitar pick, and carefully insert it to the bottom of the keyboard to lift it (if memory serves well there used to be a small gap below the FN and Ctrl keys)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Disassembling-an-X61s-to-clean-or-replace-the-fan/td-p/2197567
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok here's the background My wife's pc identical to my own and running on Windows XP was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error So I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones I don't know if this was the issue but I was troubleshooting and use screen, mouse can't mode too not in or keyboard the the login safe login at to I I noticed that there was a recent driver update Well now I can't log on at all because when I get to the windows login screen the mouse and keyboard won't work I see for an instance the cursor shows an hourglass then nothing I see the blinking cursor in the login field but I can't type anything in there and the mouse doesn't work So I tried to do a system restore but it just I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too sent me to the login screen and no mouse or keyboard function persisted When I tried to go into safe mode I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too it asked me what was the boot device I wanted to use which after some searching I see is also an indicator of a problem but I'm not sure what it means I picked my HD and continued to do a restore to the last working config and the same deal can't login no mouse or keyboard use at that sceen So I tried going into safe and it shows both an administrator icon and my wife's user name and I can't try either because again the moust and keyboard aren't working here either I tried to boot with the windows xp disc in even picked the boot source from the boot menu as floppy and again as the cd-rom I read that doing so can sometimes fix things No dice here either I managed to get where I guess it was fixing things and it asked for the adminstrator password Well I'm the administrator and the only password I know isn't working So I'm at a loss I'd prefer not to have to do a fresh install but please if anyone has any advice or directions I REALLY need some hand holding here I'm not an expert by any means and I apparently know just enough about this stuff to get myself in trouble I can use some direction and help and I would be majorly appreciative to anyone who can take the time to do so I REALLY don't want to do start from scratch and re-install everything Thanks - MC

A:I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too

what type of mouse/keyboard, wireless, ps2, usb?

when it asks for password at repair console, just press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-use-the-mouse-or-keyboard-to-login-at-the-login-screen-not-in-safe-mode-too-196162.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I think my friends son downloaded something on his computer I am using a clean computer to contact Login @ INFECTED; Can't Freezes Windows; Login Screen to you we can get to windows login screen press our Icon windows login name and it just freezes sometimes it will login but it will have the hour glass for like min and then automatically restarts the computer I can login to safe mode It is a desktop runnin winxp Really that is all the info I have Please Please Help Here are my logs I had to do them in safe mode INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Pseudo HJT Report mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop BHO A -D B - E -A C - F C EF DA - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe mRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun ISUSPM Startup c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startup mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra mi office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra mi office REFIEBAR DLL DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab - c program files yahoo common Yinsthelper dll DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF B -D BA- EA- F E- A AB AC - hxxp panda-plugin disney go com plugin win p dactivex cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com products plugin autodl jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - hxxp platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces B F B- - FB - D B- E B E DhcpNameServer Notify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - SERVICES DRIVERS S aswSnx aswSnx c windows system drivers aswSnx sys - - S aswSP aswSP c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - S aswFsBlk aswFsBlk c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - S avast Antivirus avast Antivirus c program files avast software avast AvastSvc exe - - S gupdate Google Update Service gupdate c program files google update GoogleUpdate exe - - S gupda... Read more

A:INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446817/infected;-cant-login-to-windows;-freezes-login-screen/
Relevancy 53.32%

So i've owned my computer a dell XPS L502x with a i7 intel core for more than a year now and this week my computer decided it wouldn't boot anymore, I can't even start it in Safe mode or last known good. It loads the beginning part but it started bringing up this "windows is loading files" bar which wasn't there before, then it will get stuck in the login screen with no option to login but i can move the mouse around. Is there anything I can do?

A:W7 stuck in login with no login option

Doesn't pressing the F8 key give you a screen the mentions "Repair your computer"? I would try that.

If you have any kind of bootable Windows media (such as a WinXP Installation disk), boot to Recovery Console and at the DOS prompt type "chkdsk /r". It's possible HD errors are preventing the boot to complete, and running chkdsk may fix those errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-stuck-in-login-with-no-login-option-673527.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
my mouse cursor- an optical usb - is stuck in the middle of the screen. The mouse works, as I can still scroll on a webpage with it, and click on icons, but the cursor won't budge. I've also tried a PS-2 mouse, same issue, and have tested every USB port and all work fine so it is NOT a hardware issue that I can see. I've tried rebooting and doing a system restore, and I have the same issue in safe mode. When I go to device manager, it rcognizes the device and says everything is working properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, nothing. Everything else seems to be fine on my PC. Any help will be most appreciated, thank you!

Windows home vista

A:Mouse cursor stuck in middle of screen, but mouse works

Is this a laptop or a desktop? What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals look for Legacy USB or USB mouse, if it is disabled, using the arrow key, Enable it. Save and Exit.
Go to the computer manufacturers support/download drivers site. type in your make and model # and download the Chipset driver (for USB Support)
Also, go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-cursor-stuck-in-middle-of-screen-but-mouse-works-754321.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I'm a computing science engineer, and there is something that is driving me nuts in one of my PCs.
This one runs Windows 7 ultimate 32, but the issue was the same with Vista (this is why I have upgraded this machine to 7)
This is a desktop PC with ASUS mother board.
I spend a lot of time googling this question, but I could not find any answer that could solve the issue.
The mouse of this PC get stuck in a random fashion..
I have test with 5 different mouse brand, wireless, not wireless ... no way to get rid of the issue ...
I put the mouse into another USB PCI card : same behavior
Checked device manager, all Ok
Checked IRQ, all OK
Windows logs : all fine, even not a warning.

The mouse uses the generic microsoft driver

ie :
mouclass.sys 06/21/2006
mouhid.sys 06/21/2006
version is 6.1.7600.16385

Any idea to get rid of it ? This is very annoying.

Thanks

A:On mouse moven the mouse pointer gets stuck randomly

What kind of hard drive do you have, HDD or SSD? If the mouse is randomly freezing sometimes that can be the result of a hard drive problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/265199-mouse-moven-mouse-pointer-gets-stuck-randomly.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,
As the title says i occasionally get this problem. My computer qwill freeze for a few seconds followed by system lag which seems to get worse (freezing every few seconds/taking 2 seconds to recognise a click etc.). If i reset my computer it resolves the issue but i was hoping you guys may be able to give me more insight as to what the issue may be.

It nearly always happens when i am browsing in firefox. Have never had it happen to me during gaming etc. which is why i'm hesitant to believe it is to do with my GPU or it's drivers which are always kept up to date.

i have included pics of the cursor and what processes were running at the time of the freeze/lag

A:Mouse freezes, followed by system lag and mouse icon turns fuzzy *pics

What security software do you have installed? Please list anything realtime that scans for spyware, malware, viruses, provides a firewall, etc.
Also, even though you are not getting a blue screen: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Those will help us determine application/system hangs, as well. They include your Event Viewer logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236785-mouse-freezes-followed-system-lag-mouse-icon-turns-fuzzy-pics.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Please please someone help I can find all over the freezes, tiring mouse contstantly - Moving downloads pause Unless Video I mouse. move internet five years worth of people that cannot watch videos download buffer or even load pages unless they are constantly moving their mouse If I click a video on youtube or anything I have to tickle my mouse pad constantly or video freezes and only audio plays When downloading anything I have to constantly move mouse cursor or it pauses Although this problem is raised in forum after forum and question area - not one of them has the answer - and the threads just get closed off Can anyone actually answer this one Did anyone anywhere ever get this sorted and can they come back and say what they did to resolve it Video freezes, downloads pause - Unless I contstantly move mouse. Moving mouse tiring please New laptop only a few months old - Windows Seven Home Premium Scanned and nothingthere wrong - as did everyone else Please do not close the thread until we get a solution Thank you for reading - Julietstorm P s Here is a typical thread of which there are many that has been closed without a resolution being posted Please don t close this thread please could tech guy be the first to actually solve this in five years This thread describes the problem too an example of a Video freezes, downloads pause - Unless I contstantly move mouse. Moving mouse tiring closed thread http forums techguy org windows-vi Video freezes, downloads pause - Unless I contstantly move mouse. Moving mouse tiring se-moving html nbsp

A:Video freezes, downloads pause - Unless I contstantly move mouse. Moving mouse tiring

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-freezes-downloads-pause-unless-i-contstantly-move-mouse-moving-mouse-tiring.970645/
Relevancy 51.17%

Please close wrong area - um, here is the thread reopened elsewhere - If I gave you the link to here, just click this one please:
http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/970645-video-freezes-downloads-pause-unless.html

A:Video freezes, downloads pause - Unless I contstantly move mouse. Moving mouse tiring

It would be helpful if you would ask a Moderator to merge this thread with your other one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-freezes-downloads-pause-unless-i-contstantly-move-mouse-moving-mouse-tiring.970643/
Relevancy 51.17%

My vista 32 freezes both normal startup or safe mode , mouse still moves but cant clik or type or access or copy or paste so cant do anything, any help would be much appreciate it, no errors come up, so b4 u guys tell me what to de please remember: i cant clik or type or copy or access any folder or anything

A:Vista freezes after startup, safe mode freezes but mouse still works

Sounds like the hard drive. It may be corrupt. Download Ubuntu and save your stuff, first. If you cannot, it is most likely hardware or hard drive, which is hardware.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-computer/

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293778-vista-freezes-after-startup-safe-mode-freezes-but-mouse-still-works.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just bought new mouse from eBay. It's excellent and all that, but whenever I hold right mouse button and then press middle mouse button, my mouse locks down and unlocks only after I do that again. Is it possible to disable it?
All I know about my mouse is this:
2,4 ghz wireless optical mouse with mini usb
DC:3v 20mA

A:Mouse freezes on [Hold RMB + click middle mouse button]

I've never seen any other posts with that same problem so it may be intentionally built-in to that particular mouse to prevent others using your PC when you're away from it. Read it's instructions if you got any with it, it should tell you if it's got a built-in mouse lock, although that feature usually requires additional third-party mouse software to be installed to recognise when the appropriate buttons have been pressed.

If no instructions were supplied, go to it's manufacturer's website to see if it's mentioned there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezes-on-hold-rmb-click-middle-mouse-button-601047.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am still experiencing system freezes possibly triggered by mouse movement Still reading a lot here but asking for KB freezes MS & BSOD, &reboots possibly mouse mouse wireless new after help New zip attached as Whiskey a grr system froze while typing here and moved mouse I have tried system repair sfc scannow to no effect All drivers just checked Below type in italics is the original post Been experiencing some BSODs mouse freezes and reboots Reading lots here in the forum thanks and trying to understand what is happening and why Read 'before posting in BSOD, mouse freezes &reboots possibly after new MS wireless KB & mouse the BSOD forum' and hope I got it right I got a new MS wireless KB amp mouse for Christmas and I can't be sure but I think problems started about then I reverted to the old wired ones and problems still evident I really think I experienced a mouse freeze in safe mode New Samsung SSD a while ago and bit OS amp will provide any info that may help I have been searching reading to no good and looking for help please I was reading about PC freezing up and discovered Event Viewer screen attached In event viewer see lots of errors and warnings that I don't think are quite right and not at all sure if they are causing BSODs WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start Module Path C Windows system Rtlihvs dll Error Code I initially tried Malwarebyte and AVG software but no improvements I tried Driver Verifier and got a BSOD but don't seem to have a dmp file so will continue reading here and please let me know if you need other info

A:BSOD, mouse freezes &reboots possibly after new MS wireless KB & mouse

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800858c028, b2000040, 800}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Start by completely uninstalling AVG and replacing with MSE.

If system still BSOD's after change, then please follow this:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317902-bsod-mouse-freezes-reboots-possibly-after-new-ms-wireless-kb-mouse.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This problem has been persisting for a few weeks I did a fresh re-install of windows genuine and it is still happening so I thought I would ask for help When I first turn my desktop on everyday within minutes of starting up it freezes no mouse or keyboard response sometimes before 5 mouse within freezes startup, minutes on freezes restart Computer on I even have a chance to login I have tried unplugging and plugging them back in to no avail If there is anything animated like a game on my screen at the time of the freeze it will also be frozen I have also tried waiting to see if it will unfreeze even after hour there is no change Fans are still spinning and all lights in tower and on headset keyboard mouse are Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational So after the initial freeze I restart the computer and every single time within minutes of starting up again the mouse will freeze But only the mouse keyboard and programs on screen are still Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational This is easily fixed by unplugging it Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart and plugging it back in Then the computer is good to go for the rest of the day At first I thought it was a problem with my mouse Steel Series Sensei Raw so I swapped it out Logitech G and uninstall the Steel Series software with Revo uninstaller but even after that the problem persists and that was before I did a fresh re-install of Win Enabled Startup programs nbsp Avast AntivirusNvidia BackendNvdidia Capture Server ProxyRealtek HD Audio ManagerusbmonitorI have attached my Dxdiag file as well Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart

Did you remember to re-install ALL proper Win8 drivers after the clean install ? ?Neither of those NVidia apps need to be in the stsrtup group BTW though thats likely not the issue...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151919.0.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My mouse pointer has been freezing but my mouse works, I just have to watch to see where is based on mouseovers. How can I fix this?

A:Mouse Pointer Freezes but Mouse Works

Try re-installing the mouse drivers. If that doesn't cure it check for updated graphics card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-pointer-freezes-but-mouse-works.36488/
Relevancy 49.45%

My mouse cursor will randomly freeze or disappear, yet it remains active. I can still use it by feel. If I turn mouse trails on a duplicate mouse shows up that works and the frozen one remains, although its not completely frozen as it will still change into other cursors ie the hourglass. Eventually mouse trails turn off all on its own and im left with no cursor again. I've updated drivers and checked all the settings and am left with no solution. Any help would be very appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes-but-mouse-still-works.406573/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an Asus laptop with the Asus Smart Login Program installed. This allows me to use my webcam to login. On my login screen it has my User name Icon and The Smart Login Icon. I would like to keep my user account, but remove the icon for my user account from login screen, So I will only have the Asus Smart Login Icon to click on and use it. (FYI: If the camera can't get a pic for whatever reason to log me in, I can still use a dropdown menu to select my username and then type a password in.) Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium X64.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Asus Smart Login

I believe this is what you're talking about:

Log On with User Name and Password

Also, this *might* help remove the picture:

Start > Search > Type "Group" > Open Edit Group Policy
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > User Accounts
Disable Apply the default user...

If you wish to remove the Windows 7 branding:

Log On Screen - Change or Remove Text Branding

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/77346-asus-smart-login.html
Relevancy 49.45%

ok so the other night my computer was fine shut down normally etc then last night i tried to start on ASUS stuck PC screen up Fan starts BEEP lights on keyboard flash and the bluse ASUS screen comes up but it doesnt go any further i have tried pressing all of the keys PC stuck on ASUS screen on the keyvoard i think but nothing happens the cd rom drive will open and close I have up-to-date norton antivirus and microsoft spyware installed i dont want to lose everything on my computer by re-installing windows as i havent backed up for while and all my photos are on PC stuck on ASUS screen there DOH I dont understand it was fine I don't know much about computers I know how to use them but I dont know how to fix them AMD K ATHLON XP PLUS FSB MSI KM M-V SCKA DDR XAGP VGA SND LAN ATX I have an ATI Radeon maybe graphics card which has been in for a few months with no probs I recently added an ASUS TV card thig which has beenin a few weeks with no probs Most recently I added my old Epson photo printer for which i downloaded drivers form epson site it said it was the XP driver although I got a warning about it not being something or other and did I want to continue and so on i continued this was about a week or so ago and it has been working ok Its just odd as it was fine the night before and now it wont do a thing I am going home tonight with the printout of this link http www techsupportforum com comp c - html although it doesnt sound like quite the same thing as his screen goes blank but mine is just frozen or not doing anything if the are different I think I am going to try the XP disk and see if it can repair it please repair please repair please help

A:PC stuck on ASUS screen

You need to do a bit of troubleshooting -- take it one step at a time.

At first I thought you had an ASUS motherboard, but you don't. You have an MSI motherboard. The only ASUS product I see mentioned is the TV card, so why not remove it from the equation.

With your PC turned off, remove the ASUS TV card and then see if your PC boots. Reply back here with your findings so we can do further troubleshooting, if necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-on-asus-screen-49124.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My buddie cannot get into his win8 system he is stuck at login asking him for a password, he has never passworded the computer.  This has been going on for days he is at the point on restoring the OS but he cannot figure out how.  Win 8 only lets you restore once you are into the system, any ideas greatly appreciated.

Phil

A:Stuck at login

Try this article. "I Forgot My Windows 8 Password What Are My Options" pcsupport.about.com 
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/f/forgot-password-windows-8.htm
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/open-advanced-startup-options-windows-8.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516245/stuck-at-login/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem with the laptop ASUS UL30a Series

When the computer is switched on this message appears:-
''Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key.''
So I looked on the Internet for a solution to this problem and .... pressed F2 to open the BIOS setup utility" I just don't know how to move on from this point although what ever I read stated that this is not a major problem.

There is no disk to copy the operating system, there is only a USB point.

I am not an IT person so any help and clear guidance will be much appreciated.
RC

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

My Asus Eee pc1000H has stuck in its boot cycle and won't respend to any of the start options. The problem shown by pressing f8 is UNMOUNTABLE_ BOOT_VOLUME and the tech info:
STOP: 0x000000ED (0x86BCAE30, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have tried f9 but it doesn't respond and tried to follow similar tech questions and solutions. My computer does not have CD drive. There is no hardware attached, but I did recently install Inet Protector and McAfee. Is was OK for a couple of weeks after this.

Is there a solution in simple language please?
I have another computer with Windows XP Pro. Will this help at all.....many thanks for reading this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eee-boot-cycle-stuck.902602/
Relevancy 48.59%

When a laptop is starts you usually would usually see something like the following quot Windows is loading files quot quot Starting Windows quot quot Screen where you log into your computer quot quot Computer Desktop quot However what I saw when I started the computer was the following quot Windows is loading files quot quot Starting Windows quot quot Light grey screen where I can see and move only the mouse cursor quot and an intermittent low volume cricket noise for lack of better words no change from Someone gave me a free refurbished version of ASUS U F-RBBAG because it gave the above problem So despite being a noob but not a noob noob at fixing computers I tried to make a clean install of Windows However the laptop decided that it didn t want to install the software-- at stuck Startup? ASUS U50F clicked on install button ASUS U50F stuck at Startup? and waited hours The laptop just stayed at progress So I was like quot Okay so let s TRY to restore this thing back to factory settings via Recovery Partition quot Although I waited on the Light grey screen for about - minutes I finally got to the screen that I needed Alas although the laptop did quot start quot the recovery process it ended up the same-- progress and did not budge I know that the Windows installation disc was not the problem--I had other installation discs all legit Since the laptop decided to not move from I figured that getting the ASUS restore disc would not help at this point--sure the laptop would recognize it but it wouldn t run off of it I tried running the laptop via command prompt but all I got was a blank screen I tried everything that I could think of from my little bag of tricks but to no avail The following are the specs for the U F-RBBAG Processor GHz Intel Core i M Memory RAM GB DDR Memory RAM Type -Pin DDR SO-DIMM Graphics Coprocessor Intel HD Graphics Wireless Type bgn Wireless LAN Hard Drive GB HDD rpm RPM Optical Drive DVD Super Multi OS Windows Home Premium -bit I don t know specifically what part of the laptop is screwed up and I don t know what part of it to replace to solve this problem Help pretty please It would be awesome if I could use the U F nbsp

A:ASUS U50F stuck at Startup?

Try booting into Safe Mode. But based on the fact that it won't boot or run from an installation disc, I'd say there is a hardware fault. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to troubleshoot a laptop. You can try removing/reseating all hardware (ie: HDD, CD/DVD, RAM, etc.).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-u50f-stuck-at-startup.1088170/
Relevancy 48.59%

Specs ASUS G VX Initially it had Windows but upgraded to black gives I'm stuck Asus screen, Windows several months ago Okay This problem has been happening the past months giving a handful of different error codes and Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck the dreadful Automatic Repair loop I can send in my laptop to Asus for repair but I want to keep it as a last resort Initially this problem occured when my computer suddenly froze forcing me to hold down the power button to shut down Upon booting it back on The black screen pops up with nothing happening for few minutes then starting Automatic Repair black screen again and repeat From the various error codes the one thing they have in common is Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck that the files are Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck missing or contain errors noticeably system files Another thing I see that s never changed is that they only occur when I force shut down the computer or a BSOD which I got once from a KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR just yesterday Sometimes though luck more of restarting the computer over and over I escape the Automatic Repair loop and changes to quot Diagnosing your PC quot It then fixes a bunch of stuff although nothing I can recognize from the file names it s a bunch of random letters with dashes similar to a serial code Afterwards the computer boots up like normal although another problem has arisen From that day whenever the computer boots up normally the disk usage spikes up to and lags the computer out This lasts a few minutes to an hour so I wait it out I tried finding what creates this problem but no program on task manager has come up And so from the BSOD I got yesterday my computer was in an automatic repair loop I tried accessing safe mode by holding F wait minutes for it to load and hitting safe mode but it fails to boot up I installed a Windows installation media on a USB Using that I accessed BIOS and tried reinstalling Windows but gave a compatibility error So I clicked quot Repair your computer quot and these are the various things I did I tried resetting my PC and refreshing but says the drive partition is missing I tried going to command prompt and typed in the commands -bootrec fixBCD -bootrec fixboot -bootrec fixMBR -chkdsk C r f x All went successful and found no errors But the problem persists I also tried going to Automatic Repair which was one of the options it lasted hours but at the end it just gave a black screen I tried Automatic Repair again but said it couldn t find the problem As of now it seems that the Automatic Repair loop has stopped Whenever I turn on my computer currently it gives minutes of a black screen the Republic of Gamers logo pops up then gives me a blue screen of error code xc The only thing that works that I ve explored are the BIOS and command prompt I don t know what else to do nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello community Well I in stuck Asus loop Desktop have an asus essentio running Windows Bit About a week Asus Desktop stuck in loop ago I got a random BSoD then a restart While the computer was starting up I got a message with two options would I like to run the startup repair or would I like to start windows normally Either one of these options both led to the startup repair Before the setup runs on the bottom left corner there's a minimized prompt that reads quot X quot last time I checked I didn't have an X drive it was running cmd exe A few seconds later the startup repair just stays stick on quot Attempting repairs quot I left it there for days and still it's stuck on attempting repairs I would really hate to have to do a hard reset of my PC I have memories with my recently late father on their and I Asus Desktop stuck in loop would be crushed if all of that is gone Please community I'm in desperate need And by the way I don't have a Windows Installation disk the desktop came with it pre-loaded

A:Asus Desktop stuck in loop

Bump, please guys I need help !

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344700-asus-desktop-stuck-loop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi There!

I Have an ASUS n551JQ Notebook, which I've upgraded with an SSD and reinstalled windows on it. It all works fine except for one thing: everytime when I boot my pc it starts, then shows me the ASUS Logo, and boot again. It keeps doing that untill I press F2 and then press enter; after that it starts up normally for 1 time. Could anyone help me out with this ? Because now I can't update to Windows 10...

Thanks in advance!

Hayo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/asus-n551jq-stuck-in-bootloop-1027754.html
Relevancy 48.59%

so i recentley bought a new pc, its less then a week old so imagine my horrror when i booyed it up today to see it stuck on the asus screen. i tried the usual unplug mains and leave 10 minutes, disconnect all usb cables like printers etc. nothing works, cant axcess bios or anything
any help appreciated

A:stuck on asus screen on reboot

Hi if it was me I would return it. have it exchanged. or fixed under warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390707-stuck-asus-screen-reboot.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My mother is a JROTC teacher and the Army sent new laptops to all instructors. The laptop keeps locking up and not taking the password they gave us to use. How do I get in to use the laptop?

A:stuck on the login screen

Welcome to TSF

Unfortunately for you, the forum does not assist in bypassing passwords. Please contact the Army for assistance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-the-login-screen-502954.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright, here's my problem: for about the past week, my friend says that his computer's been running a little slow, and he's been having problems restarting, probably due to spyware.

Just today, we restarted it, and we are able to log on, but then, when it shows the initial desktop, it gets stuck loading forever.
I'm just wondering, is there anything I can do short of a repartition? There's about four years worth of files on the computer that my friend would rather not lose.
Thanks!

A:XP opens, stuck after login

see if it loads in safemode. if you are successful, back up your files immediatley.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-opens-stuck-after-login-317388.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My friend fixed my laptop for me and now it's stuck with 'admin' login - no other option. when i click to change password it says I have no drive. PLEASE HELP! 

A:MY HP 655 IS STUCK WITH ADMIN LOGIN

kborella Sorry, but forum policy prevents us from telling you how to bypass the Admin login to get into your PC. At this point, you need to take the PC back to your "friend" , have them disable the default Admin login, and if they can not restore your original login, create a new one for you, using a default password (like "password"), which you then change to a real password when you get it back home and login to it again. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/MY-HP-655-IS-STUCK-WITH-ADMIN-LOGIN/td-p/5590993
Relevancy 48.59%

Because I like to have several computers, I bought another one off Craigslist. When I boot it up, though, I get a message at a Welcome screen that says "USER" and "After you log on you add or change accounts. Just go to Control Panel and Click User Accounts". When I click on the "USER" I keep getting the same message. It doesn't ever go to Windows. I don't have a log-in or password and I contacted the guy I bought the computer from, he's not replying to my e-mails. Is there some way to bypass this? Also, he didn't give me any CDs (e.g. Restore CD, etc.). I'm starting to worry that I got screwed out of this. He said there was nothing on the computer except Windows (hence no illegal software, etc.) but is the copy of Windows on this computer even legal then? I just bought the computer as-is ...

A:Can't get into Windows - stuck at Login

When buying a used computer, you should always go into the situation thinking you will reformat the drive.

Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 as the PC starts, and try logging in with the Administrator account. If you get in, create a new user for yourself.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-into-windows-stuck-at-login-80204.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Two days ago my computer started laggin really bad so I ran a virus scan(we have 5 teenage boys that download games ALOT). In the middle of the scan the computer locks up. I rebooted in safe mode but it will not get past the log in screen. It starts loading....blinks the safe mode black and white screen and then goes to the windows login screen. If you try to log in it says it is "loading your settings" then states "saving your settings" and will not advance past that. When I try to reboot it just does the same thing. It will not let me into the safe mode or out of safe mode. How do I get past this to fix it.....

A:Stuck at login screen

On boot, where you hit F8 to access Safe Mode (Assuming you did and the machine didn't do that for you!) - Hit the F8 key and select "Last Known Good Configuration"

Try that and Post back your results!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-364003.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay, so yesterday I added a login password to the main (and only) user account. This was because while I was in the shower, I had a Adaware scan running and didn't want anyone to mess with the comp. So, the computer was locked at the login screen.

After I got out, I logged back in and removed this password. I also removed the welcome screen option at the Control Panel. For the rest of the day, I did the usual browsing and listening to music. However, when I woke up today, the computer was stuck at the login screen.

... I have no clue what happened and what to do. I tried re-entering the password from yesterday, but to no avail. All of my family members have said nobody has touched the computer.

Is there any way I can override this login screen? Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

Hopefully this will be a super easy fix.

I just bought a hp mini 311 netbook. The user login screen shows only one icon for a user account. Even though that account always had the word "locked" under it, it would always open up when clicked on. Now it will not. I've had the computer only about a day now.

So I'm stuck at the login screen. Is there a way to create a new account from this screen? Other thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan.

A:Stuck at login screen.

Hello Ryan !! Welcome to Seven Forums !!

Follow this link Safe Mode and log on to the Safe Mode there you might find an Administrator account.Login to that account and create a new Administrator. Then reboot the System normally.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91782-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I've Got Win bit running on my new comp It's a clean installation only games and a Antivirus Bitdefender installed system is up to date Bios and graph card are up to date up since a week or Everything worked fine till yesterday After playing I shutted down my computer but later in the evening I wanted to check something on the internet and he stucked on the logonscreen He's says my PwD is wrong but I'm sure it is not I check if the Keyboard wasn't in an other language but he doesn't tried through the utilman to type my pwd but that doesn't respond neither does the shutdownbutton login on Stuck screen. reboot or hibernate doesn't respond also What didn't work - Hard reboot and reset Stuck on login screen. - Reboot without additionnal drives only mouse and keyboard - Tried the Stuck on login screen. 'utilman workaround' - When i go into safe mode automaticaly he's trying to repair I cant pass through that he finds something on the 'ntoskernel exe' repairs it and reboots - With the Win DvD I can access a cmd prompt but I can't acces my C drive strangly i find my configuration on a 'D' Drive - I haven't a restore Point neither an image Before I reinstall and that would be my very last option because I want to know the cause of it so i can try to solve it do you have any other ideas Config Asus P P D I CPU Radeon HD G skill Falcon II Go SSD GB Corsair TR X G C D Thx for your help

A:Stuck on login screen.

Welcome!

First, just confirm that your caps lock key is off.

You can also try changing your password via this method: User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73014-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hy everyone, i just joined this forum in case you could help me with my problem in windows 7. i had this issue about 2 days ago, had been searching and browsing for solutions but nothing worked. here is may problem :

my windows keeps rolling back to login screen everytime i enter my account. i tried to boot from safe mode using the same account and it worked, activated Administrator account using command prompt (net users administrator \active:yes), went to "msconfig" and choosed selective start up and services. back to normal boot, the problem happened again and again. i logged in using administrator account but some of my program didn't work well (especially the latest CX-One V.9.1 Omron PLC programmer, i got this one way install full version from the distributor)

please help me activate my original account

best regards
boysandra

A:stuck on login screen

Hello boysandra, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to fix this for you without having to do anything else.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296978-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I remember my password, but for some reason it says it's incorrect. I also cannnot enter Safe Mode properly. Please help

A:I'm stuck at the login screen.

Are you trying to login to safe mode with the account named Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-stuck-at-the-login-screen.483941/
Relevancy 48.16%

Over the past week I've been trying to cleanse my computer of a virus, after backing up all my valuable files and scanning them on another computer, I've decided to reset to factory settings, all is fine and the computer runs as normal, however when I start it up, it instantly goes back to the desktop, and says that Asus is configuring and not to do anything with the computer, however after leaving it for almost a day, it's still stuck in this loop.

So I decided to hard reset, and it went back to the System Restore screen before going to a windows made "Preparing your Computer for First Use". I'm not sure how to fix this, any help is appreciated.

A:ASUS Stuck in System Restore Loop

Is this a laptop/netbook? If so, turn off, pull the battery and then plug in the AC charger and boot up.

When doing a factory reset on laptops and netbooks...the AC power cord must be plugged in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-stuck-in-system-restore-loop-806033.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well this computer is brand new its supposed to have windows 7 its a Eee PC. A message pops up saying
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.
as far as I know new programs were not added and the installation was completed the first time. I already tried safe mode but it does not allow me. Idk wtf is wrong with this freakin computer but I will appreciate the help

P.S. its the mini so it has no cd rom to insert the cd and it did not come with a cd.

A:New Eee Pc Asus laptop stuck on installation process

OK.Since you say that it is a brand new one, I would advise you not to meddle with it in anyway unless a simple solution that will not void warranty is given by someone who already owns it and experienced such problem.

Check the return policy of the store from which it was purchased, return it and get a new replacement or your money back. IMO, USA is more consumer-friendly than most other countries. ( You may be in Canada too - I am not sure.) I had personally returned a lowly microphone to Radio Shack and got my money back before purchasing another good one from Best Buy where I chanced on it.

If it is not possible, make use of the Warranty Services provided by ASUS. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/141533-new-eee-pc-asus-laptop-stuck-installation-process.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My 1 year old Asus Router is stuck in a boot loop. I have tried holding down the reset button while the device is unplugged and then plugging it in which is suppose to put it in recovery mode but I keep getting this error everytime I try to flash it back to factory settings.
Does anyone have this router and/or has possibly experienced this same issue? If so please share because I'm at wits end with this $180 router. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Asus RT-N66U Stuck in Boot Loop. Please Help!

Funny thing, I just got this same router several days ago. Try this to get into rescue mode:

With the router disconnected, press and hold the restore button. Connect power, and continue holding the restore button until the power light starts slowly flashing on and off. It's now in recovery mode.

Next connect an Ethernet cable from your system to one of the router's LAN ports. On your system's Ethernet interface, you can either configure it for DHCP and wait a bit so it gets a self-assigned IP address (169.254.###.###), or you can assign 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0 to it. If you do the latter, you should be able to open up a web browser and visit the recovery mode website at http://192.168.1.1/. From it you can erase the NVRAM and upload a firmware, though I prefer the utility because it forces you to wait until the firmware is flashed and working.

You may want to read through the entire post: http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/the-wireless-router-is-not-in-rescue-mode-asus-rt-n66u-help.68801/

I also recommend Merlin firmware, running beta3 and no problems: http://www.lostrealm.ca/tower/node/79

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56595-asus-rt-n66u-stuck-boot-loop-please-help.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an ASUS Notebook U31SD running Windows7 Home Premium 64bit. About a week ago, I noticed that my computer was running a bit slowly when I was requiring it to work a bit harder. I did multiple scans for viruses or malware, but nothing came up on avast, ccleaner or malwarebytes.

I believe I've tracked down the odd behavior. Looking at Resource Manager the System Frequency is held at 36%. It will not change regardless of what power settings I choose, or what activities the laptop is doing. I have recently installed some windows updates packages, and I'm wondering if those could be at fault here.

Any suggestions would be welcome, I have not been able to find anything online about this problem.

A:ASUS laptop Maximum Frequency stuck at 36%

Found this: What does the "Maximum Frequency" number mean in the Windows Resource Monitor? - Super User

Quote:
By looking at CPU-z's real-time report of the processor's clock speed, it seems to be loosely related to what frequency the CPU is running at, which would imply that it means "percent of maximum possible frequency the CPU is running at"; this would be of relevance on systems with SpeedStep and/or TurboBoost technology (or similar). Furthermore, setting the system to "power saving mode" lowers the "maximum frequency" value to around 60%, while setting it to "high performance" mode sets it to around 110%. However, the percentage does not seem to exactly correlate to the CPU speed being shown. What value is this actually representing then?

I believe that is controlled in BIOS, check there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/297235-asus-laptop-maximum-frequency-stuck-36-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Back in early I took upon myself to build a gaming computer to fit my needs if my memory is correct Windows was the main operating system Well years have past and I've be desperately trying to resolve issues with USB dropouts I keep telling myself I'll make this work I will fix this but seeing how many mud. 990fx Asus Stuck Compatibility Sabertooth - in the years have past now and I haven't been able to even slightly resolve the issues with Windows and Windows I've also been trying to resolve Asus Sabertooth 990fx Compatibility - Stuck in the mud. an issue that happens within all the Operating systems from to I'll go ahead and talk about the main issue first that would be slow refresh rates within explorer exe and icons I even wrote some scripts to try and fix little issue But nothing seemed to work Here's the scripts I wrote Code Waynes Icon Cache Resizer vbs Code ' HasVersionInfo Yes ' Companyname Wayne Fry ' Productname Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' Filedescription Registry Icon Cache Resizer Implemented For Direct Injection Of bit DWORD Value ' Trademarks Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' Originalname Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' Productversion ' Fileversion ' Internalname Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' AdministratorManifest No ' Created by Wayne If WScript Arguments Count Then Set objShell CreateObject quot Shell Application quot objShell ShellExecute quot wscript exe quot Chr amp WScript ScriptFullName amp Chr amp quot Run quot quot runas quot Else const HKEY LOCAL MACHINE amp H strComputer quot quot Set objReg GetObject quot winmgmts impersonationLevel impersonate quot amp strComputer amp quot root default StdRegProv quot strKeyPath quot SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer quot strValueName quot Max Cached Icons quot Call Reset Sub Reset Reset MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE would you like to reset the icon cache size back to default Click NO quot amp vbNewLine amp vbNewLine amp quot Yes Reset No Change Cancel Close quot VBYesNoCancel quot WAYNE reset Icon Cache Size quot If IsEmpty Reset Then WScript Quit ElseIf Reset vbYes then objReg DeleteValue HKEY LOCAL MACHINE strKeyPath strValueName Call Restart ElseIf Reset vbNo then Change MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE would you like to set a custom icon cache size Click YES quot amp vbNewLine amp vbNewLine amp quot Yes Set Size No Reset Cancel Close quot VBYesNoCancel quot WAYNE change Icon Cache Size quot If IsEmpty Change Then WScript Quit ElseIf Change vbNo then Call Reset ElseIf Change vbYes then Call Input End if End if End sub Sub Input Input InputBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE enter a number for how many kilobytes you would like the icon cache size to be KB MB just type then click OK quot quot WAYNE Set Icon Cache Size quot Input Input If IsEmpty Input Then WScript Quit ElseIf Len Input Then Call Input End if verify MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE is this the correct size in kilobytes Click YES quot amp vbNewLine amp vbNewLine amp Input amp quot KB MB quot VBYesNo quot WAYNE Verify Icon Cache Size quot If verify vbNo then Call Input ElseIf verify vbYes then objReg SetStringValue HKEY LOCAL MACHINE strKeyPath strValueName Input Call Restart End if End sub Sub Restart Restart MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE restart WINDOWS now to apply Click YES quot VBYesNo quot If you've enjoyed this vbs scrpit be sure and tell your friends quot If Restart vbNo then MsgBox quot Please Restart computer soon to apply quot WScript Quit ElseIf Restart vbYes then WScript CreateObject quot WScript Shell quot Run quot shutdown exe -R -F -T quot End if End sub End if Code Waynes Icon Cache Rebuilder bat Code Created by Wayne Fry Code echo off set iconcache localappdata IconCache db echo MADE BY WAYNE FRY echo echo The Explorer process must be killed to delete the Icon DB echo echo Please SAVE ALL OPEN WORK before continuing echo pause echo If exist quot iconcache quot goto delID echo echo Icon DB has already been deleted echo pause exit B delID echo Attempting to delete Icon DB echo ie uinit exe -ClearIconC... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/asus-sabertooth-990fx-compatibility-stuck-in-the-mud-1090074.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When I start my pc it gets stuck on the ASUS mobo splash screen. I cant even get into my BIOS. I cleared the CMOS. POST is one beep which should be good. I even went as far as connecting the hd from the bad system as a 2nd hd on a working system and it wouldnt boot as well. Wont even boot to Windows XP System disk.
Here's are list of components on my system:

ASUS A7N8X mobo
Samsung 1gb PC2700 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card
WD HD WD1200BB
AMD Athlon XP +3500 CPU

any help would be greatly appreciated
Fäntom

:blackeye:

A:PC stuck on ASUS mobo splash screen

What happens with just the motherboard, memory, and video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-stuck-on-asus-mobo-splash-screen.45389/
Relevancy 48.16%

I reformatted my hard drive to install a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit (I had Windows 7 Premium, 64bit before) and the installation ran just fine. After the installation, it boots up to what I guess is the desktop, waits a few moments, then just reboots. Every time before it boots it goes to the "Windows is loading files..." screen. I also tried 32bit, but got the same results. If you need more information, just ask and I'll be glad to provide it for you. A USB stick was used to install.

Thank you.

Edit: I just looked through all the forums and I might of posted this in the wrong section, deeply sorry if that is the case.

A:ASUS laptop stuck in reboot loop.

Have you tried booting into safe mode (F8)? Have you tried booting from the win 7 DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232435-asus-laptop-stuck-reboot-loop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Asus laptop Win8 stuck at Resetting PC 2%, Only option is hard reset??

This laptop belongs to my Grandma (87 years old). **She did not make the recovery disk for the computer.**

I got to the Recovery options and it has been stuck at 2% for about 6 hours. Asus OEM X55C WIN8

NOTE:

Yesterday I told Grandma I would see what was wrong, but it would bug out, freeze, etc when trying to log into the administrator. The screen would go totally black and then freeze. So, the computer has shut down improperly several times.

However, it did repair the disk last night before I attempted this recovery.

Please help me shutdown and start over.

A:Asus laptop Win8 stuck at Resetting PC 2%, no way out!

Sounds like you need external boot media and start again.

Not familiar with that model, but I think there a bunch of split wims on the recovery partition.

Do you have anything to boot up ? If not, do you have another win8 x machine you can use to create boot media?

Otherwise, you will need to find win8 installation media from somewhere. I have heard Asus don't supply it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45495-asus-laptop-win8-stuck-resetting-pc-2-no-way-out.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been trolling Google for about an hour now and haven't found anyone with this exact problem which worries me Asus Mode. Stuck Recovery In CM1630 a bit My boyfriend got several viruses on his Asus desktop computer After multiple attempts Asus CM1630 Stuck In Recovery Mode. and anti-virus programs we decided that it was best to just go ahead and restore his computer to factory defaults We backed up files that he wanted to keep then followed the instructions from the online manual Asus CM Manual page to do a System Recover since we didn't have the CD Everything looked like it was going well no errors during recovery but after the reboot when the recover was finished the computer brought us back to the Recovery Window after an error quot RDVD folder not exist quot an error I can't find much information on You can click quot OK quot then exit out of the Asus CM1630 Stuck In Recovery Mode. Recovery window but it gives you a quot Disk doesn't exist quot restarts and throws you back to the quot RDVD quot error Only thing I can gather from this is that for Asus CM1630 Stuck In Recovery Mode. some reason it's not writing to the partition properly Again we don't have the CD to resintall the OS Essentio Recovery Software However I did find this site that clams to have official ISO images for Windows Download Windows ISO Official -bit and -bit Direct Download Links My Digital Life I'm tempted to just burn the ISO image to a CD and try to reinstall it that way but he doesn't have any of the paper work or anything so if those installs require an activation code we're plumb out of luck Any help would be greatly appreciated lt Orangeh

A:Asus CM1630 Stuck In Recovery Mode.

Yes you can use the downloaded ISO from Digital Life for the version you are licensed for.
You should have a COA sticker on the desktop with your Product Key.
Every PC shipped with Windows is required to have this.
You do need the Product Key to activate windows.

Here is a tutorial by gregrocker with all the instructions for this.
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/254533-asus-cm1630-stuck-recovery-mode.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an ASUS Eee 1005 HA laptop running XP that is stuck in a boot loop. I was watching a music video when the sound starting looping/repeating fast, and then the machine briefly crashed to a blue screen and then to start up. I have tried to start windows normally, in safe mode, and last known good, but no luck. It briefly starts to load, stalls for about 5 secs and then crashes back to the "start windows normally" prompt.

The machine does not appear to be overheating, and I tried re-seating the RAM. No help.

I do not have a recovery partition on my HD, or the XP CD. I also do not have an inboard or external cd/dvd drive so I can't reinstall windows that way.

Is this laptop toast? Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message details (contained in the areas outlined in red, in the above example image), and post in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437980/asus-laptop-stuck-in-boot-loop/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I think I have a Malware infection in my pc xp sp Dell xps model Here's the sequence of events a McAfee scan found a couple files which were then quarentined But suspiciously when the scan Stuck (in screen a at Login loop) was done there were new Internet Explorer sessions open I right-clicked on each IE on the task bar and closed them then rebooted Now I can't get past the login Windows presents the login box I type my username and Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) password my desktop background picture appears then a quot Logging Off quot box appears Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) and I'm back at the log in screen Type username and password quot Logging Off quot back at login screen a terrible loop I've tried booting in Safe Mode plain quot with networking quot and quot with command prompt quot and get the same results - stuck at the login loop I also tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration but got the same results - stuck at login I need to get past this point so I can run diagnostics Thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 48.16%

I have tried to help a friend with their laptop. It starts up fine, but once u get to the login screen and click on the user, it says loggin on, then goes to saving settings then logging off. Brings u right back to the login screen.

I have tried safe mode, networking, every thing listed. Nothing. I have even tried to reboot from the start up disk. Won't do it. Keeps going to the login screen. What am I missing? please help. He is working on a Dell Ispirion 9300. XP. thank you

Relevancy 48.16%

My brand new Acer Aspire E15 was doing fine, but after a windows update the keyboard stopped working (Error number -19). I could login normally by using the on-screen keyboard. But the keyboard didn't work either when booted into windows, it was very annoying to use the on-screen keyboard all the time, so I wanted to fix the problem, to fix the keyboard error I decided to boot into safe mode. But now my trackpad stopped working too! Which means I can't select the on-screen keyboard at the login screen to type my password, and I can't type my password with the keyboard. I'm stuck at the login screen now, how can I fix this login problem and my keyboard problem? I don't have a recovery CD / USB and I can't make one because I don't have a CD / DVD right now. I'm typing this from my macbook.

A:Stuck at login screen Windows 8.1

Nevermind, I got it working by pressing Alt + F10 on startup and then refreshing the pc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68426-stuck-login-screen-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

After a user enters password on ccomputer, It never loads the desktop. It gets stuck. Not freezing but just a long load. It never loads the desktop. What should I do?

A:Windows 2000 stuck after login

Do other accounts login ok?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-stuck-after-login.334805/
Relevancy 48.16%

It loads up normally, my avatar pops up with my name, I insert my password..

'Welcome *blue circle*'
*5-10 minutes later*
Desktop appears.

I have no idea whats causing it though it started after I had to shut-down my computer using the power button.

I've checked Event Viewer and these are the 5 errors that came up while stuck on the Welcome Screen.

-The AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner service hung on starting
-A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
-The event logging service encountered an error (res=1117) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA.
-Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.
-Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown. (the first error and the cause perhaps?)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

For starters I would uninstall AVG Free8 .

But download one of the other free AV programs so you can install when you get your machine cleaned up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-welcome-screen-for-at-least-5-minutes-before-login.836312/
Relevancy 48.16%

I think I have a virus malware that is preventing me from seeing my desktop after login I can't right click ctrl alt del to see taskbar or anything All I can do is move my mouse and see only my wallpaper - nothing else Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper only) - Malware? (wallpaper login after Stuck SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings mocho Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - Stuck after login (wallpaper only) - Malware? D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Stuck after login (wallpaper only) - Malware? Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar PopUpCop - DB E E -FF A- - C E-F A A - C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll O - HKLM Run MOD - quot C Program Files Microangelo muamgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp - quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol - quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe quot r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET - quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE quot O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet - quot C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe quot r O - HKLM Run UpdReg -C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC - quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run SmcService - quot C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe quot -startgui O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX -C WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunOnce Config C Program Files Common Files System ServiceUpd exe O - Extra context menu item PopUpCop Allow images - res C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll allowimages O - Extra context menu item PopUpCop Block images - res C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll blockimages O - Extra context menu item PopUpCop Open In New Window - res C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll imagenew O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item... Read more

A:Stuck after login (wallpaper only) - Malware?

Hello larc and welcome to TSF,

I'd like to see a more comprehensive log. Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop.

What DSS will do:create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review.
DSS automatically runs HijackThis 1.99.1 for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt in your next reply.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

Please include the following in your next reply:

main.txt
an attached extra.txt

**I'll be going offline as it's very late (EST). I'll take a look at your logs tomorrow.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/stuck-after-login-wallpaper-only-malware-165946.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Sorry to disturb.

May I know what the problem during the time I'm trying to install Windows 7 and it just stuck at the login screen background without any changed after 30 minutes?

I have try to adjust the BIOS to Native IDE, RAID and ACHI. But nothing was changed.

I still could find any solution after I reading some of the thread.

Hopefully I could get any solution here.

A:Stuck during login screen background

Where did you get Win7? If you burned the DVD yourself, burn another at 4x speed using ImgBurn.

Try install from a USB flash stick. Best method is to install UltraISO trial, on File tab open ISO, on Bootable tab write Disk Image, Format, Write.

Unnplug all other HD's and peripherals. Boot DVD, wipe the target HD: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Then choose Custom Install, use Drive Options to partition and format before install.

If further fails, test your RAM using memtest86 CD for 5-6 passes. Then test your HD using maker's diag/repair full CD scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Check for latest BIOS version update. If current, reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131850-stuck-during-login-screen-background.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi.

For several weeks I have been trying to solve a problem on a family members desktop computer.

The scenario is as follows:

User clicks on their profile and their custom background appears. From here, the taskbar and desktop icons do not appear automatically and the user must open task manager and manually launch the process 'explorer.exe' to force the desktop to appear correctly.

The problem occurs with all the profiles on the computer and there is nothing in the event log to suggest that there is a problem.

Could someone help me out?

A:Windows stuck at login screen

Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

By the way, this is usually a sign of Virus\Malware infection
You are therefore advised to go here, and complete all steps:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-stuck-at-login-screen.114251/
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve been running Windows XP SP for Stuck User screen at Login years Stuck at User Login screen Went back to school and I m taking Japanese When I installed activated the Japanese fonts it asked me to restart the computer I did so and now where previously I would go directly to the desktop I am taken to the User Login screen When I click on my name it moves for a moment and says that it s loading my preferences Then the icon snaps back to its original spot and does nothing If I click it again the exact same thing happens If I try to login in safe mode it does the same thing except I also get the administrator login icon Anyone have any idea why this is doing this and or if there s anything I can do short of reinstalling that will help In looking around the internet I have found two instances where someone has had this same problem but no luck on solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Stuck at User Login screen

When you log into the administrator account, does the same thing happen?

Also, do you have any of the following:
-Windows XP CD
-Recovery CD
-Recovery Partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-user-login-screen.1071722/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys, sometimes I encounter this problem where I'm stuck on the login screen. It has only happened only after periods of inactivity, never at startup. My laptop also never sleeps, as it just turns off the monitor and gets locked. I would type my password and press enter and the loop thing would just keep on looping. I have to turn off the power button to restart it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56286-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone.

I am running windows xp pro on a dell latitude d410, and have a problem. It is similar to a previous post, which was not answered.

Okay, so I went into msconfig and selected safe mode under boot.ini. Now my computer starts in safe mode, but windows doesn't recognize my regular username and pw! (admin doesn't work either) I believe the problem comes from the fact that I cannot select a domain to log into. So when I restart windows, I hold F5 to select start up modes. I've tried normal mode, and every other mode, but it still starts in safemode. Needless to say, I can't get into windows to uncheck the safemode option under boot.ini.

Does anyone have any advice? Besides reformatting? Maybe a way to access boot.ini without logging into windows?

Thanks,

Albert

A:stuck in safe mode, cannot login

U have to use a boot cd to access the User Accounts and modify the Boot.ini

http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=10071

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-cannot-login.593520/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey there I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell and I can't log in to any of my accounts Login/Logoff loop stuck PC in When I click the account it shows the quot Loading your preferences quot and PC stuck in Login/Logoff loop everything flashes the desktop background and immediately returns to the login screen with the quot Logging off quot dialogue I've been reading up on solutions all morning including booting in safe mode still can't log in even as admin returning to the last working configuration to no avail and now I've booted from my install disc and ran the recovery console I've tried getting the correct files from the disc but I'm not sure if I've been doing it correctly despite the console saying file was copied I've tried the following from C Windows System quot copy userinit exe wsaupdater exe quot And then I tried running the full line quot copy c windows system userinit exe c windows system wsaupdater exe quot Every time the computer returned quot file copied quot but when I exit and reboot the login logoff still happens I even tried from the D i directory quot expand userinit ex C Windows System quot and quot expand wsaupdater ex C Windows System quot but I was denied access I know that it's possible to connect to the registry from another PC on the same network but when I try that I get an error asking me to make sure I have the right privileges to access the infected PC I'm logged onto an administrative account on this PC so I'm guessing the security issue is from the PC I can't log in to I have tried every solution I've come across but nothing seems to be working Any help would be great I'm guessing this is from a virus but I came home to this mess after my little brother told me he quot messed up the computer quot so I can't offer any information about what was done before this happened Thanks to anyone willing to help me out this is driving me insane

A:PC stuck in Login/Logoff loop

It may be possible to do so using RDP(Remote Desktop Connection). Its located in Start>Programs>Accessories and sometimes Comunication, but you need to know the computers IP Address to use it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-in-login-logoff-loop-326891.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is an issue that just started. After starting my computer, typing in my password and logging in, my computer simply goes to a black screen, even though the back light is still on. I can still move the mouse and can get the task manager to show up, but nothing else. I am running Windows 7 ultimate, and have never had an issue before

A:Asus G50V: Screen stays black after login

Try performing a system restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g50v-screen-stays-black-after-login.154097/
Relevancy 47.73%

netbook is stuck starting up in bios. there is no boot options, so i cant even boot into the false SSD.

i have no other iodeas what to try. i tried updating the bios to the most update one. version 2.08.

i tried disabling the secureboot and tried doing a bootable usb with win7 and win8 32bit. it wouldnt even recognize the bootable usb when i KNOW it works.

not sure what to do from here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385449-asus-eeebook-x205t-stuck-bios-loop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I hope someone can help my brain is fried from this issue Have a PC with Asus P X LE that keeps rebooting or resets after trying to do clean install of Win Win The system will sometimes shut off or reset after attempting to install WindowsThings I have tried Update Bios Disconnect all devices except stick of ram video card HD Replaced Motherboard both the old and the new have same symptoms Swap PSU RAM VIDEO CARD HD all new parts Swap Sata cable for HDThe system is set to default AHCI The CPU was previously overclocked but at default settings in BIOS now Ive tried DDR mhz and mhz and in different slots The only thing I havent swapped is the CPU i I assume since it can get into BIOS it isnt a CPU issue A LIVE CD was used it had no issue going into live CD Issue starts when trying to boot off HD or install to HD Anyone have any idea

A:Issues with Asus P9X79 LE, PC Stuck in reboot cycle

[WAG]
Have you pulled the CMOS battery and the power cable for a few minutes and forced the system to reinventory the devices?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540552/issues-with-asus-p9x79-le-pc-stuck-in-reboot-cycle/
Relevancy 47.73%

Everytime I turn on my Asus eee pc 904HD I get this. Screen and it doesn't start when I select either options help please

A:my Asus is stuck in the secondary black boot screen

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, WD DataLifeGuard or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-asus-is-stuck-in-the-secondary-black-boot-screen-653899.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The speakers won't work only if I plug something into the headphone jack will sounds come out.

A:Asus G51VX-RX05 stuck in headphones mode

the line may be muted... you should go into your sound card's control panel and check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g51vx-rx05-stuck-in-headphones-mode.130842/
Relevancy 47.73%

I would appreciate tons of help and input.
My netbook froze on friday night. Try to restart, but was stuck at grey screen. It has asus logo and eee pc written. The options f2 to run setup and tab to display bios post yields nothing. In other words, pressing either button doesn't work.
I have removed the battery, pressed the power button without the power cord, put everything back in, tapping f2.
So far, no progress. Few times, i try pressing f2 similtaneously as i hit the power button, i got american megatrends screens. Still, none go further.
I have this netbook for a little over a year. The warranty just expired a month ago. It is running window 7 starter already installed when i got it at bestbuy.
I had contacted asus support, and tried some i mentioned above. I prefer to do this by myself.
I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 47.73%

my computer is in a boot loop. No matter what options I choose at start up e.g. safe mode, start windows normally, ect. it always loads right into asus preload wizard. My goal is to get back to my desktop without losing any information from my hard drive.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Asus laptop stuck in Automatic Repair loop.

Create a Live distro of Linux on a CD or FD. See if it will boot (you will have to go into the BIOS to select the proper boot order to OD or USB). If it boots then there is a problem with the HDD or the OS. Let us know if Linux boots up.

Create a Live disk ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/write-a-cd-dvd-image-or-iso/ .
Linux distro with a small footprint ... http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546202/asus-laptop-stuck-in-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm posting about an Asus laptop that's been going into a loop of showing the Windows Startup Repair screen with selecting Launch Startup Repair causing nothing to happen and Start Windows Normally leading to windows attempting to start before failing and restarting looping back to the Launch Startup Repair screen It started acting like this in startup Laptop Asus stuck in loop repair and since I wasn't able to fix it at the time I bought a new one However Asus Laptop stuck in startup repair loop since my current laptop's charger is broken and it'll take a couple Asus Laptop stuck in startup repair loop of days for it to arrive I figured I'd take another crack at it The laptop runs Vista and I can't be certain but as best I can remember it's -bit I bought it secondhand in so I don't have an installation disc I'm able to access the Advanced Boot Options screen but the last known good configuration doesn't work nor does starting in safe mode The last driver it lists while attempting to load safe mode with command prompt before crashing is crcdisk sys Disable automatic restart on system failure doesn't appear to work either as it'll bring a stop error screen I'll restart it manually and then it'll crash and restart automatically again The error codes from the stop screen are STOP x x x D xC x

A:Asus Laptop stuck in startup repair loop

Hello, and Welcome

Just a couple of questions. Do you have access to a Windows 7 or Vista computer? Do you need any data off the hard drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568116/asus-laptop-stuck-in-startup-repair-loop/
Relevancy 47.73%

A cursed ASUS laptop - I've posted about it elsewhere in these forums - was working tonight has worked fine for about - weeks and then when it was put to sleep by closing it upon being opened would only display the ASUS splash screen the first thing one sees when turning it on - basically a black screen and the word ASUS The computer turns off fine with the power button Turns on fine too but gets no farther than the splash screen No POST beeps nothing at the bottom of the screen saying how to get to setup or anything If a boot or won't HD laptop at DVD splash stuck from ASUS - screen bootable DVD is inserted and the computer started there are some noises like the computer hardware is interacting with the DVD sorry I'm not sophisticated enough to describe the noises other than to say I ASUS laptop stuck at splash screen - won't boot from HD or DVD never hear the DVD start to spin fast but then - seconds later the noises stop ASUS laptop stuck at splash screen - won't boot from HD or DVD and it's just the splash screen again and nothing else Odd laptop charger behavior culminating in sparking last night describes the last issues with this computer which were seemingly fixed about two months ago with the replacement of the motherboard It's going back to the shop but I'm wondering about any intelligent suggestions as to what's wrong here Obviously the quot repair replace quot teeter-totter is inexorably tipping toward replace

A:ASUS laptop stuck at splash screen - won't boot from HD or DVD

Google is my friend. Took a lot of poking, but Stuck on asus logo on startup?? - FixYa suggests the following:

Quote:
Same problem here with my wife's Asus laptop. Called Asus and they said to unplug charger, remove the battery in the back, hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Then, replace battery, then charger, then press the power button and wait for startup. First time it got stuck at the windows loading bar screen for like 5 min. which is abnormal. Did a hard power down (press and hold power button til it shuts off) then restarted again. That time it worked and all is well so far. Could have been due to a static charge as she was on our couch with our dog backing up movies so charge might have entered through the CD/DVD drive opening. (?) Not sure, but if you are sitting on a static-prone couch with your laptop its probably best to sit on top of a bounce sheet.

I did that and it worked.

I'll mark the thread as solved a few days down the road if no further incidents.

Meanwhile - any comments on what might have led to this situation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282893-asus-laptop-stuck-splash-screen-wont-boot-hd-dvd.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,my girlfriends laptop seems to be stuck in sleep or hibernation mode.Its running windows vista. She hadnt used it for about a year,then when she tried to use it,it wont do anything.,Ive tried starting it in safe mode,either pressing f8 repeatedly,or holding it down on start-up,but it doesnt work.When it starts up it shows a black screen with the manufacturers name.If i press esc. it comes to this  page
 laptop.jpg   125.15KB
  1 downloads .If i press f2 it says entering setup...nothing happens after that. Can anyone help please? 

A:ASUS laptop stuck in sleep/hibernate mode.

I would see if replacing the CMOS battery helps. Some CMOS batteries are soldered to the motherboard. What is the model number of the Asus?

You can try the following though. Remove the main battery, unplug the adapter and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Attach the power adapter but do not replace the main battery and then press the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552656/asus-laptop-stuck-in-sleephibernate-mode/
Relevancy 47.73%

My windows 7 Asus Eee Pc 1005HA is stuck on windows repair loop, when the repair is done and i click finish it shut down automatically. When I turn it on again the same process happens.

A:Asus Eee Pc 1005HA is stuck on windows repair loop

Hello, elie021. You would get better service if you started your own thread. Just go here http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/ and press the big Orange button at the very top of the page that says new thread. In the meantime look at this thread but be sure to read the first paragraph. This is the last step before a clean install usually. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376092-asus-eee-pc-1005ha-stuck-windows-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there new here and need some help Here's what happened I Stuck screen, password disappears at login opened internet explorer and typed in a google search and hit enter and it popped up a new instance of iexplorer instead of just searching in the current window as usual Then links I clicked on opened Stuck at login screen, password disappears new windows which is not Stuck at login screen, password disappears the usual setting When I clicked in the middle of text on a web page it would highlight everything Strange little things like that So I clicked start gt Turn Off gt Restart and nothing happened it just went back to the desktop Pushed the Windows key and it wouldn't open the start menu Finally I had to do a hard shut-off I waited a minute and booted the computer back up when it stopped at the login password screen as usual I typed the password and hit the Enter key and it just deleted the password and stayed on the page So I retyped it and clicked with the mouse on the green arrow button with the same result Laptop built in mouse button did the same thing Eventually it just froze entirely and I could not even type in the password box Also the little help icon on this screen would not bring anything up it's like all the keys got remapped to different functions The only recent updates were the automatic Windows updates upon shutdown earlier today and the comp worked fine after booting up after that the first time Any thoughts I'm on a Dell laptop with XP Home Thanks EDIT I hard shut down the comp again and let it sit for about min Booted back up and it's functioning normally I'm still afraid it will happen again though so any input will be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-password-disappears-258719.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Everytime I start my computer it goes into startup repair searching for problems. I tried going to F8 into safe mode but it goes bac to searching for problems in statup repair. Is there any way I can bypass it from going to startup repair page and go into windows. Please help thanks.

A:Stuck on Startup Repair before login to Windows

Does it boot into Windows after the Startup repair has run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-startup-repair-before-login-to-windows.1038395/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello So here's my issue I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error I waited until the loading reached but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding the power button on my case Then it booted up but it got stuck on Stuck at before screen spinning login circle the spinning circle of dots Stuck at spinning circle before login screen I have been able to press CTRL ALT DEL while at the spinning circle which bring me to the login screen but without the box to enter my pin however I am able to access the network ease of access and power options I have tried restarting shutting down and holding shift while restarting in an effort to boot with safe mode but none have gotten me farther than the spinning circle I have searched a lot of forums and many have had similar issues to mine but none of the fixes that were suggested got me anywhere Attached are photos of the different screens I'm seeing which hopefully shed some light on the issue I'm having Thanks

A:Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

Hello and welcome to TenForums

How long did you wait for the spinning circles to complete whatever background tasks were going on? Sometimes it can take a long while if the problem happened when Windows was in the middle of an upgrade when it restarted. Next time just go and have a cup of tea and leave it for say 30 mins.

If that does not work you are going to have to boot from a W10 installation media disk or USB and go into advanced startup options to try and refresh windows.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41324-stuck-spinning-circle-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.73%

OK so the problem started when I was playing a game and it crashed on a loading screen I then could only boot into windows extremely slowly so I knew something was wrong Since then I have booted into safe mode and done a virus check and it found nothing I had then done a start up repair multiple times and for one reason or another the system would then reboot just as the login screen is loading I have recently de fragmented the drive externally and run a slow disk check which found nothing I've launched start up repair again which says it's unable to fix the problem and I can't boot into safe mode because it'll reboot I on stuck loop login just before 7 reboot Windows should also mention I was having problems with Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login the drive a few weeks ago where I was getting different error messages Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login before Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login booting but I managed to sort that out If a solution can't be found it would be safe to say the drive is failing Here is the bsod when I disabled automatic rebooting along with the startup repair error STOP c e Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning presumably the hard drive Error Status xc Please click ok to shutdown this system and reboot into safe mode check the event log for more detailed information Problem event name startuprepairoffline problem event signature problem event signature problem event signature unknown problem event signature problem event signature autofailover problem event signature problem event signature corruptvolume specs intel dual core msi p neo mobo tb samsung HD gb ram XFX GTS Any help would be seriously appreciated

A:Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login

hi there
can you get into windows to do a disk check ? please read brinks tutorial How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7 >>> Disk Check

another check to do is System File Checker tutorial How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker >>> SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177124-windows-7-stuck-reboot-loop-just-before-login.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so today o decided to uninstall alienware my at 64-bit stuck login (problem) 7 ultimate windows colors or something like that Downloaded it from dell website Its for windows the name of was breed So after i uninstalled it my icons arrows were gone it was the app icon and the arrow that goes with it windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem) was like a page and two blue dots I couldnt acess any folders no control panel It was all blabk Desktop appeard fine except for the arrows were missing on tje icons It asked me to restart so i did it went pass the windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem) windows logo loading screen Then came the welcome screen it windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem) prompted please wait with the circle Problem was after that No login or anything No password on my account so it should have loged in It doesnt hang or anything It just stays on that screen Only options i have it restart sleep and shutdown aling with that button for speech keyboard and someother things I tried safe mode no luck same thing doesnt log in Tried restore to previous known state Nothing I cant acess repair option as i have no windows -bit cd Only -bit cd Also it doesnt show my account Mb-asus p g t-mlx Cpu-intel pentium d ghz oc ghz graphics-xfx radeon hd gddr oc psu-corsair gs Cooling-corsair h Memory-corsair ddr gb sticks Hard drive-cavair gb hardrive

A:windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem)

If you are able to boot the system far enough to get into the BIOS, you can try a Factory Restore and which will be under the "Repair your Computer" (or similarly worded) option. Be warned however that you will lose all programs and personal files as this reformats the HDD and reinstalls the OS, so your system will be exactly how it was when you first got it. A Factory Restore is the OEM system's equivalent to a Clean Install off of a retail OS disk. Also, I am fairly certain at this point that the Factory Restore will be your only option seeing as you can't get into the actual OS and have no recovery disks, and that is providing if you can access the BIOS at all and also whether or not whatever happened hasn't affected the OEM recovery partition on your primary hard drive. And if that's the case, you will have to contact Dell and have them send you a recovery disk of the OS and Drivers to do it that way (and they will most likely charge you for them).

So, look up Dell's special keys to get into the BIOS and when it prompts you to hit those keys, do it and then navigate through the BIOS until you find the "Repair your Computer" (or similarly worded option), then chose the one that says "Factory Restore" (or similar option) and let it do it's thing. Odds are this will do the trick for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192659-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-stuck-login-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My son bought his first laptop (with his own earned money)  1 1/2 years ago.  a few months ago it began running really slow and then eventually wouldn't boot up.  we ended up doing a factory reset.  Fast forward a couple months and we are having the sam issues and now it gets stuck on the login page.  I have ran the sysem extensive test and

I ran the test and everything passes.  Please advice us what we can do next.  sooo disappointed!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-getting-stuck-on-welcom-Login-screen/td-p/5616607
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had a problem yesterday where I couldn't log in to my account on Windows but my wife's account worked fine I noticed that the computer had poor performance when on her stuck Welcome Windows on alternative fix screen an login after 7 - account I ran MBAM and everything came back clean I tried both accounts in safe mode and had the same behavior Then I remembered that the night before the computer froze Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix up for about minutes then started working again I decided to restart it that night because I have a memory leak somewhere and I thought that it might have caused the crash Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix I never logged back in that night after the restart When I tried it the next morning I got the behavior above I went through the steps for this problem to run sfc scannow which always stopped at before I got an error that it couldn't complete I was still having problems with the performance too Everything would go fine for a few minutes then it would be excruciatingly slow for a while I remembered when I had performance issues like this before and it was when my hard drive was going out several years ago My current hard drive is not a year old yet so I didn't think that was happening I decided to run a chkdsk to make sure though While the first chkdsk was clean I decided to schedule the chkdsk r with the GUI not the cmd on startup The scan found that ntuser dat and a couple other files had bad sectors and moved them I left it all night to finish checking free disk space When I tried this morning I was able to login and the performance was back to normal It looks like in my case the ntuser dat was corrupted or affected in some way by the bad sector While this may not always be the case it could be the cause of some of the more difficult to fix instances of this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix

FWIW:  Programs/files don't "have" bad sectors...they lie on bad sectors, which are part of the hard drive/partition.  If the files are on bad sectors, then Windows may have difficulty reading such and using such files.

The chkdsk /r command is the only tool that I know of which can attempt to move files on bad sectors to good sectors.  It is not necessarily successful at any of these attempts.

Bad sectors increasing on hard drives can be an indicator of a failing/problematical hard drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564866/windows-7-stuck-on-welcome-screen-after-login-an-alternative-fix/
Relevancy 47.3%

I upgraded my ASUS Transformer Book T100TAF to Windows 10 and I'm having an issue where circles appear on the screen randomly [please view attached screen shot] and a mouse arrow cursor appears in one of the circles. That cursor does not move but I have control of a second identical cursor and each time I move it, the stationary cursor shakes. The mouse doesn't work right when this happens so I restart the computer to fix the is issue.
What is happening? How can I fix it?
Thanks!

A:ASUS Mouse Help Please

Before you upgraded to Windows 10. Did you go to the ASUS's website and download the drivers for Windows 10?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mouse-help-please.1167163/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

First post!

My touchpad (built into the notebook) works fine on the login screen. As soon as I hit the login button it stops totally. Buttons and touchpad. Also my screensaver works before login (on login screen) but once logged in it won't auto start but will start under 'preview'.

windows 7 home premium 64

thanks,

jb

A:Notebook touchpad stops working after login, Asus G53JW

Hi and welcome to SevenForums!

At this page, you need to select your os first then you will see the available downloads. Please download and install the one under 'Touchpad'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194553-notebook-touchpad-stops-working-after-login-asus-g53jw.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong section or this has already been posted my is Windows infinite stuck reset Factory it now ASUS, in 10 bootloop I'm new and couldn't find any answers elsewhere I just factory Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop reset my Asus laptop It was Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop taking a long time so I went to sleep and let it do its thing overnight In the morning I went and turned the computer It gave me the usual options Shut down start windows or start some recovery thing I chose to start windows After that the computer booted to the Asus logo screen and after a few seconds the computer seemed to shut down and go black Then the Asus logo came back up stayed for a few seconds and then the computer went down again It was running like that for about minutes when I hard rebooted the computer No difference Any info or help would be appreciated Specs Asus S CM-DH -CA Intel core i - u GB DDR RAM Nvidia M GB VRAM Samsung EVO series GB SSD I swapped out the stock HDD and smaller SSD Running x bit Windows Home

A:Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop

Did you try the "or start some recovery thing). " option?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56994-factory-reset-my-windows-10-asus-now-stuck-infinite-bootloop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently while playing unreal tournament I realize there was no sound coming out of the speaker once I unplugged my headphones I restarted thinking that it would fix the problem but that didn t help so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the sound driver from realtek no good either Finally I deicided to reformat my computer using the recovery partition Reassuring myself that this will definitely solve the problem I was shock and confuse as to why no sound came out of the speaker after in Asus mode) working G1S (stuck speakers not jack headphone the recovery After going to the Realtek sound control panel I realize that the computer thinks or detected that a headphone was plugged in when clearly it wasn t The sound does work with the headphone in and I am Asus G1S speakers not working (stuck in headphone jack mode) sure the speaker is not damaged because the POST sound quot boommmmm quot comes during bootup I really don t understand what is going on and I already reformatted the harddrive times I have read that the problem can be temporarily solve by replacing the motherboard but after about a week or two the same problem will arise I have also read that other brands including HP DELL and Sony has similar problems I can live without the speakers but I am not sure if further problems will persist with this laptop since its only been month that I have purchased it Thanks for many reply help nbsp

A:Asus G1S speakers not working (stuck in headphone jack mode)

Just some real quick ideas

Speakers plugged into power outlet and on
Speakers plugged into back jack securely
(actually if you heard the startup booom sound, then they must be)

Sound volume up on speaker
Sound volume up on Windows
Sound volume up in the game that you are using
(That might be it)

If you play a song (through Windows media player) can you hear it ?
If so this must be an in game setting (ie mute sound) Please check all settings in the game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g1s-speakers-not-working-stuck-in-headphone-jack-mode.98437/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route spinning 7 circle Stuck with login screen Windows at I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there little things like this push customers away like what is happening to me now I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP God This is so frustrating I need help and I need it fast my choice of OS is hanging on this here

A:Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

Quote: Originally Posted by kamron

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows. I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it. I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode.

I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route. I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own. Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast.

Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net? Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows 7. There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there, little things like this push customers away (like what is happening to me now), I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free. I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me, I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP. God!!! This is so frustrating!!!!

I need help and I need it fast, my choice of OS is hanging on this here!!!

There is no need to switch from Windows 7. Windows 7 is a great os. Anyway, have you tried running system restore? You can run that by going to start then typing system restore. Restore to a time before this started happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/223061-windows-7-stuck-login-screen-circle-spinning.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So I have installed windows 10 on my x220. Everything is updateted, I have installed all the drivers, using new UEFI booting and all that - no problems using it EXPECT that +- every second boot i get stuck on login screen. I then have to hard turn off the notebook by holding the power button. Boot again and it boots with no problem at all. I tryied repairing windows instalation by repair media, no success. I am using fingerprint scanner to login.It says "There was an error, please repete the action" while it gets stuck on login screen.Also nothing connected to the notebook.I have made a short video of my problem and added comments of what is happining.Anyone can help, please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X220-stuck-at-login-screen-windows-10/td-p/3415881