Windows Support Forum

Solved: Where is the software to burn DVD for Toshiba laptop?

Q: Solved: Where is the software to burn DVD for Toshiba laptop?

I bought the Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-043 and could not find the Toshiba supplied software to burn DVDs.

My previous Toshiba laptops comes with a Toshiba DVD burning software.

Is there a Toshiba DVD burning software that comes pre-installed with Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-043?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Where is the software to burn DVD for Toshiba laptop?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.92%

I just purchased (June 3, 2011) a new Toshiba Satelitte L655-S5150 laptop. It comes with a lot of Toshiba software that I don't recognize from other computers. I usually buy Dell, but this was a lot cheaper.

Here's the software list that I'm interested in learning if I can get rid of it.

TOSHIBA Application Installer
TOSHIBA Assist
TOSHIBA Disc Creator
TOSHIBA Face Recognition
TOSHIBA Hardware Setup
TOSHIBA HDD/SSD Alert
TOSHIBA Media Controller
TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor
TOSHIBA Quality Application
TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator
TOSHIBA Service Station
TOSHIBA Supervisor Password
TOSHIBA Value Added Package
TOSHIBA Web Camera Application
ToshibaRegistration

Anything I can already do with Windows I want to dump. Too much of this is hard to find on the Internet except on the Toshiba website, where it's all important, so I ask the community here.

Thanks.

A:Toshiba software on my laptop

I suggest that you read your Toshiba owner's manual...to find out what is what and what you might want to try to eliminate. It should all be detailed there.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401603/toshiba-software-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Toshiba laptop. Replaced screen. Bought from Laptopscreen.com (business hours M-F). Will contact them.. Specs seem right. I have wi-fi set up for 2 computers.
Booted computer, picture seems out of contrast(not sharp) and has green back ground with green pixels where they shouldn't be(should be another color), hard to explain, anyway not normal.
Ran an Avast boot scan (just installed Avast free program).

Showed 4 problems of these with only diffence in the 4 was Inno 0002,0003,0004,0005.bin
Below is actual listing
File C:\Users\Katelen\AppData\Local\MS\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content IE(Sor5)\OPGH1ZTZ(Z's could be 2's ) \AppGraffitisetup[1].exe l>Inno 0002. bin error 4(Z or 2)145 Installer archive is corrupted.

I found this curious about the Inno 0002, etc, because the screen replacement model was an InnoLux sceen. I am using another computer to post this. I can run TSG SysInfo on Laptop and send if necessary.
Thanks

A:Toshiba laptop screen problem;hardware or software????

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/1022619-toshiba-laptop-screen-problem-software.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-screen-problem-hardware-or-software.1022530/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows bit and with infected software laptop antivirus fake Toshiba when it was started up today the desktop image had changed to a warning message and some unfamiliar virus scan program started up Toshiba laptop infected with fake antivirus software When it was done it gave me the option of getting a solution for the virus or continuing unprotected I have seen this kind of thing before so I chose to close out of it Balloons about updates were also popping up in the system tray I booted into safe mode and the fake virus software didn t appear I ran Toshiba laptop infected with fake antivirus software a Webroot virus scan and it found several suspicious cookies as well as a file that seemed to be related to the fake virus scan software Quarantining deleting these files made no difference when booting into Windows normally that is the fake virus scanner started up again I have run DDS and the report is below as well as the required attachment Any help is appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Owner at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper Enabled Updated D - C - F -E A - FB E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper Enabled Updated E FC - A B- A C-D - D A C Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x Webroot Security Current Framework WRConsumerService exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows system atiesrxx exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ActivIdentity ac sharedstore exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C PROGRA FILMFA bar bin pabarsvc exe C windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files x Webroot Security current plugins antimalware AEI exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows System rundll exe C windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Webroot Security current plugins antimalware SSU EXE C windows system DllHost exe C windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C windows system sppsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C windows system vssvc exe C windows System svchost exe -k swprv C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows system DllHost exe C windows system DllHost exe C Users Owner Desktop dds scr C windows system conhost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig brand TSND amp bmod TSND uDefault Page URL hx... Read more

A:Toshiba laptop infected with fake antivirus software

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.Regards,Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381805/toshiba-laptop-infected-with-fake-antivirus-software/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Toshiba laptop. Replaced screen. Bought from Laptopscreen.com (business hours M-F). Will contact them.. Specs seem right. I have wi-fi set up for 2 computers.
Booted computer, picture seems out of contrast(not sharp) and has green back ground with green pixels where they shouldn't be(should be another color), hard to explain, anyway not normal.
Ran an Avast boot scan (just installed Avast free program).

Showed 4 problems of these with only diffence in the 4 was Inno 0002,0003,0004,0005.bin
Below is actual listing
File C:\Users\Katelen\AppData\Local\MS\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content IE(Sor5)\OPGH1ZTZ(Z's could be 2's ) \AppGraffitisetup[1].exe l>Inno 0002. bin error 4(Z or 2)145 Installer archive is corrupted.

I found this curious about the Inno 0002, etc, because the screen replacement model was an InnoLux sceen. I am using another computer to post this. I can run TSG SysInfo on Laptop and send if necessary.
Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

Which software is everybody using to burn the iso files to dvd. I have nero 6.0 but it want
burn a bootable dvd over 2 giz. I burned a dvd in data mode but it want boot Any help would be appriated.
davidj1950

Relevancy 59.34%

I am in need of the drivers for my TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L

I have a 'roxio' CD from Dell, this might be it, but no mention of the DVD on it. Can I just use a 'free' third party software for this, it does play DVD,s just doesnt have anything to write to them.

Actually, its not the 'drivers' I need the writing/burning software.

A:Solved: Need software to burn for Dell DVD/CD RW

You can use the built in windows software....right click on file{s} send to dvd writer
If it will write to a DVD is may only be able to read DVDs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-software-to-burn-for-dell-dvd-cd-rw.998510/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi friends,

I have premium vista windows on my Laptop. I burned a CD last night but for some reason I tried to burn one this morning and now it says burning software not found. I tried turning the computer off and on to see if that would work because some times it does but it did not work.

How can I fund this software my Laptop says it lost?

Thanks
Steadygaze

A:Solved: My CD/ DVD burner lost software to burn

Hi and welcome to TSG try system restore to date when it was working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-cd-dvd-burner-lost-software-to-burn.929338/
Relevancy 58.91%

FF 3 is installed on my computer. How do I save the entire program onto a disk so it will work on another comp? (this computer is vista, the other is XP)

A:[SOLVED] IE won't work. How do I burn the software: firefox to a CD-R?

In order for it to work you'll have to install it on the XP computer with the FF installer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-ie-wont-work-how-do-i-burn-the-software-firefox-to-a-cd-r-273667.html
Relevancy 56.33%

i have a brand new toshiba toshiba Solved: my for no webcam on new software satallite pro L and i cant find no software on it for the webcam in the manual it says quot Solved: no software on my new toshiba for webcam Toshiba web camera application is pre-configured to start when you turn on windows which it didnt if you need to restart it go to Solved: no software on my new toshiba for webcam - start - gt all programs - gt TOSHIBA - gt utilities - gt web camera application quot all of this i have donr but when i get into Utilities the web camera application is not there i have also tried to find it on the system by searching for it in the start menu search bar with no luck its seems that there is just no software on the laptop for the camera these are what details i can get about my laptop but not sure what you need Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor AMD Sempron tm SI- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAE AB Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Not Updated please help as this laptop is a present for my little brothers birthday and i dont want to give it to him when it isnt set up properly and he cant get on to the camera app thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

A friend just purchased a new ECS laptop and he is puzzled that it won't burn a document made in Word to CD. Is it possible that it only burns DVDs with data and CDs only with music or video? That is just a guess I have. Please tell me if it's right. I think that many new desktops have DVD burners but not CD burners. Is this correct?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I m a Toshiba laptop user and so is my grandfather Recently he seems to be frustrated about losing some image editing software that--he claims--was originally bundled to the Win XP Home Edition OS which came with his Satellite A -S that came help with software S207 Solved: original remembering Need Toshiba A25 I have suggested restoring the system to a previous date using System Restore He went a little further and tried to restore from the provided System Applications CD I have no idea how that turned out because we re not even in the same town so the feedback I get is through the phone He does not remember the name of the program he only recalls a little stripped square on the quick launch menu and afterwards very few basic editing options such as quot Select Balance Drop Smooth quot etc I used to have the very same model and OS but I can t remember that soft So before I end as frustated as my grandad does anybody remember the name of that program Does it Solved: Need help remembering original software that came with Toshiba A25 S207 even exist Thank you so much for reading Solved: Need help remembering original software that came with Toshiba A25 S207 VeritaSakura nbsp

A:Solved: Need help remembering original software that came with Toshiba A25 S207

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-remembering-original-software-that-came-with-toshiba-a25-s207.823299/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a toshiba satelite L45 running vista 32 bit with intel pentium dual cpu T2310 1.46ghz 1.47ghz

My problem is when I try to burn a iso file to a disk
I get error code 31094D-34-00000000

I am using toshiba disk creator and I have tried nero, and a few other of the free iso burners all with the same error message popping up.

Any ideals will be appreciated

A:Toshiba iso burn error

is this only when burning iso?

what about burning img, nrg, bin, data-cd or audio-cds??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-iso-burn-error.115319/
Relevancy 53.75%

Picked up a low-end Toshiba (celeron 900), have not opened it yet.
Maybe been too long since I have bought a pre-built PC, but sales guy tells me that the laptop does not come with an install CD. It has WIN 7 pre-installed, and he tells me I will be prompted to burn install disks when I first boot.

One of the first things I do is wipe the hard drive to get ride of all the extra crap that is often installed from factory.

Probably being paranoid here, but if I am burning an install CD from the original factory OS installation, will it have all the crap, demos, "free" anti-virus etc., or will it be a clean WIN 7 install disk?

Thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Toshia laptop / have to burn my own install disk?

It will have everything that was originally installed
on the computer.
I haven't seen windows 7 yet,so I don't know if it has
the backup utility like vista.
If it does,then uninstall all unneeded programs and
make a backup of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshia-laptop-have-to-burn-my-own-install-disk.871443/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all For some reason neither my internal nor external DVD writers will burn DVDs My internal DVD-RW is a tsstcorp cddvdw sn- ab Th external DVD-RW C850 Pro Toshiba - burn won't Satellite DVD-RW is a tsstcorp cddvdw se- db For a while I could burn a DVD by using quot Fix it quot DVD-RW won't burn - Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 but then I'd have to reboot use quot Fix it quot again but now that doesn't work at all Sometimes there is one driver shown C WINDOWS system DRIVERS cdrom sys and sometimes there is a nd driver C WINDOWS system DRIVERS GEARAspiWDM sys I've tried uninstalling the DVD-RW drives and rebooting I installed the Gear driver update but then I couldn't find it in its location About months ago I had similar problems and fixed it by deleting registry keys upperfilters amp lowerfilters and that fixed the problem at the time Maybe I need those keys back One site recommended adding an UpperFilter within the same folder containing the text quot GEARAspiWDM quot amp rebooting which SOMETIMES allows me to burn ONE disc then the reg key is gone I tried uninstalling the most recent Windows update but it made no difference I DVD-RW won't burn - Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 have used a range of burning software- doesn't seem to make a difference Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:DVD-RW won't burn - Toshiba Satellite Pro C850

Welcome to the forum!

Gear driver is not something I would want on my computer: GEARAspiWDM.sys Windows process - What is it?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58669-dvd-rw-wont-burn-toshiba-satellite-pro-c850.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi all. i have a Toshiba laptop satellite L300. i keep getting the blue screen with a message ***0x00008086 when i turn on the laptop .i want to factory restore it but don't have the disc any help would be of great help. ps i am a complete novice

A:Solved: toshiba laptop

I have exactly the same problem, did you manage to resolove yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop.845475/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there my Toshiba A100 stopped working while I was using it. When I try rebooting it there is nothing except a very faint clicking noise. Could this be a jack problem, as it seems there is no power to the MB. I did connect another Toshiba A100's power cable to mine and it does the same.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

I need help. I have a toshiba laptop (old but needed). It stopped working, and the battery light was flashing. Then it just stopped altogether (no lights at all). I bought a new battery, still no lights. Is it trash, or is there something else I can try?

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop

Could be power supply as new battery won't have much charge. Try old battery (it might still boot). Check power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop.1051607/
Relevancy 52.46%

When i turn on my laptop it goes to startup repair and says "windows cannot repair this computer automatically" wat do u think the problem is?? It wont like load my windows files when turned on.also i operate on vista

A:[SOLVED] My toshiba laptop

Put your Vista DVD in and boot off of the disc, Choose your language and then choose Fix My Computer. If that fails, it gives you the option of the Command Prompt here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk Utility will try and fix any errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-my-toshiba-laptop-603229.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am not sure if this is the correct area to post this but here it goes I actually have problems that I am hoping that someone my Toshiba laptop with Solved: help Satellite Need can help me with First problem I have no problem with the log on screen but when I start my laptop and the desktop loads up and the internet browser Firefox is loaded my keyboard acts funny And it s just not that it s with all programs that involve typing My keys are locked in the CAPS position All letters are uppercase and the numbers are locked in and will only show the symbols above them When I actually turn on the CAPS LOCK the letters are lowercase Solved: Need help with my Toshiba Satellite laptop but the numbers are still showing the symbols above them I have to restart my computer several times before it is up and running fine Also at certain times my SHIFT button when used displays this quot NB A quot This has been going on for about a month or so but here lately it is almost every time I start my laptop Second problem Here recently about a week a friend of mine and myself installed the SP for Windows XP Home Edition for my laptop Everything was working fine for the first days but then I started to have a problem with my wireless internet connection So I went into the Device Manager to check to make sure everything was ok and up to date To my surprise EVERYTHING is gone The entire page is blank Nothing it there I clicked the Show Hidden Devices tab still nothing So I went into my Network Connections nothing Everything is completely blank It shows NO Local Connection Connection or Wireless connection Yes my switch for my wireless is on and working properly This all started right after the SP install I have ran my Norton Internet Security which is updated as of today and nothing comes up as far as viruses trojans malware or spyware I also have SUPERAntiSpyware installed and updated still nothing comes up Everything is clean So if anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Sorry guys, but I really do not know where to stick this question. Someone was putzking around with my keyboard and did something to the keys.

I have a toshiba laptop C650D satellite laptop.

When I press the apostrophe icon I get a letter e...like this...dont When I click same key but want the quotation marks I get this . Same with the key beside the apostrophe quotation key....it is this and this Question mark key is the same...

Can you say annoying. What on earth did someone press to make these oh so wonderful changes

Honey

A:Solved: toshiba laptop keyboard

Go to Control Panel, then keyboard.

Make sure the appropriate language is selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-keyboard.1024916/
Relevancy 52.03%

My father in law gave me this laptop. Its a Toshiba Satellite M115-S3144. its always really dark unless in open and close it, the picture flickers in for a few seconds and goes back to really really dark. I was thinking it was an inverter chip. but then i tried to hook it up to a monitor and nothing. hmm.

Relevancy 52.03%

The laptop has two built in speakers and a headphone jack. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. When I go to Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel the volume tab is all greyed out. When I go to the Sound tab and click on one of the sound icons, like Critical Stop, and hit the play button, there is no sound and its as if the sound is continuously playing. That is, the button never changes from the little black box back to the play button. This machine is running XP.

Also, I checked the audio properties in Device Manager and the device is working properly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop No Sound

When you go to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, do you have a device listed next to the speaker icon?? If not you may want to go to Device Manager and right click the speaker driver and select uninstall then click the scan for hardware changes button (computer w/ magnifying glass icon) and the card should be redetected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-no-sound.584269/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I was hoping to get some ideas opinions on how i can further proceed to diagnose a laptop I have Toshiba Satellite L D-S Model PSK LU- current symptoms does not POST does not boot black screen no lights upon pressing the power button fan will spin once stop then after a few seconds spin full blast and remain Toshiba Solved: Laptop Satellite that way forever charger led lights up when plugged in to charger power led lights up when turned on no beeps assuming this model does error beeps nothing in LCD screen not even any lights nothing in external monitor plugged into laptop nothing when trying to invoke external monitor with fn f tested each memory stick AND memory slot individually tested with no memory at all tested with hdd removed tested with cd drive removed cd rom makes some noise when it s plugged in probably reading the disc inside tested with battery removed totally stumped i want to say mobo and call it a day but I m never too sure and would like a nd rd opinion have I been thorough enough what else can i test thank you very much for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Satellite Laptop

read this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/black-screen-issues-and-troubleshooting-498132.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satellite-laptop.1088479/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello peeps, I am buyong parts fro my Toshiba Satellite Model 1800-S274. My question is will it take pc133 ram or just pc100, Thanks in advance

A:Solved: Toshiba laptop memory

Looking at the specs on the machine, I would recommend going with the 100 as the proc fsb is also 100. In my experience, for some reason laptops are usually quite picky about only using the memory they are designed with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-memory.376860/
Relevancy 52.03%

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. Anyway, I have a toshiba satellite laptop C650D running windows 7. As of yesterday the blasted brightness control does not work.

As you know you have to press fn and F6 or F7 for the brightness to go up or down. I press FN then press either F6 or F7 and the brightness doesn't do anything. Doesn't go darker or brighter. Nada. I don't even know what number it has gotten itself stuck on, as the brightness seems like maybe a 6 or 7. For some reason my daughter likes her screen really dark at a number 2..yeesh..I don't know how she can see the screen. So now we have a problem.

Thanks for any help.

Honey

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a A15-s127 that was working beatfully one day, non will not even turn on the battery light on the front that shows that it is plugged in is blinking and on so any iders?? priciate it

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi folks I am in a pickle here I had my Toshiba Tecra M no Solved: Toshiba boot laptop laptop all set up to Solved: Toshiba laptop no boot use when the time comes to go in a home I was downloading Microsoft updates last night a rather lenghty download so I stepped away for a moment to watch a little TV Well during the Solved: Toshiba laptop no boot download the battery ran out I plugged in the power thinking that the Solved: Toshiba laptop no boot PC would continue with the download but no It set there like a jug of urine and the only way to shut it down was to pull the plug I then plugged in the power and the download did start but froze when about half finished Only option was to pull the plug again I have the XP CD but it is not even recognized when I insert it so I can t get to the recovery console Can t enter safe mode What a bummer Looks like there is no way to resusatate the dead nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

ok so i have a Toshiba Satellite A -S that came with windows vista home premium It Problem Toshiba Solved: Laptop had Solved: Toshiba Laptop Problem a problem and the hard drive crashed Well i have several vista disks but dont have any og disks for the computer as it Solved: Toshiba Laptop Problem was brought to me to play with This laptop will not boot from any vista disk i have but yet it will boot from a windows xp home and xp pro disk no problem Do any of you know what could be the reason for it Solved: Toshiba Laptop Problem not booting from a vista install disk I have formatted the HDD and it installed xp but i still cant go back and do a clean install of vista Even placing the vista disc in while xp is up it doesnt even recognize the dvd in the computer and yes it has a dvd rom it will also play a dvd movie but just wont boot from any vista disc I have tried different discs any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

OK so my wife's brother died a couple of months ago and while going through a storage unit Recovering Toshiba Laptop [SOLVED] he owned the family found a Toshiba Satellite A laptop It has Windows Vista on it Unfortunately nobody knows his windows password so we can't get past that screen I have tried to just reset it to factory specs which according to Toshiba all I should have to do is hold down the zero button while turning it on That [SOLVED] Recovering Toshiba Laptop SHOULD open up options which would allow me to recover it to factory settings However all it does is beep for as long as I hold down the zero button and a gt appears on the screen Once I let go of the zero button the computer starts normally and goes to where I have to enter the username password combination which as I've stated we don't know and can't guess the password We don't care about any of the information on the computer we just want to get it where we can use it So how can I recover it to factory settings thx in advance for any [SOLVED] Recovering Toshiba Laptop help

A:[SOLVED] Recovering Toshiba Laptop

ok, was able to get it to a recovery option, however to do a recovery, it says I have to enter the windows username/password....oh and the administrator acct is disabled....am i going to have to reinstall windows completely from a disc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-recovering-toshiba-laptop-581948.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Just got a new Toshiba Sattelite A100 laptop and I wonder if anyone else has the same problem, can't work on it for more than 15 minutes without feeling extreme heat coming from the front. I use it yes, on my lap and it wants to burn me.
I had another Toshiba for 7 years and never had this problem with it, except the screen died and needed a bigger harddrive, so I wanted to replace it with a new Toshiba, I had good luck with the old one but this 3 day old one is driving me crazy.
Are all new brands that hot? Does it make sense to return it and get another brand? Everything else seems to work fine. I would appreciate any feedback and advise

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I just performed a clean install of windows xp from these instructions:http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwindowssetupdisk.shtml

And everything seems fine, except that my wireless card, sound card, and graphics card
are not working properly.

Graphics card: Intel 855GM
Sound card: Realtek ALC250
Wireless card: Atheros 802.11b/g wireless-LAN

So i'm just looking for the drivers.

Thanks!

Catlover

Relevancy 52.03%

okay I'm working on my friends laptop, i have run a fresh new OS and still gives me the blue screen, i have disable every hardware and its still giving me problem. Can anyone help me please

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys

I was given a HP Compaq 6375s today with a shattered screen but the base works fine and I also have a Toshiba Satellite A200 that is dead/doesnt boot but the screen is in good condition. Would it be possible to put the Toshiba screen into the HP? They are both 15.4 WXGA screens with the same resolution when looking at the specs online.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks peeps.

Relevancy 51.6%

Good morning/ day all ! I was hoping someone could help me open windows-8 on a laptop I was given. The previous owner doesn't remember the password she set for it. She also said several folks have tried helping her and failed. Any suggestions ?

On restart/ power on Windows does nothing now and what looks like a dos(blue) box or window asks for a password. That is as far as I have gotten so far. Thanks in advance to all that support this site.

Toshiba Satellite
L855D-S5114

Windows 8 (supposedly)

A:Solved: Toshiba Satellite Laptop - Win 8 o/s and no password

Sorry, but help with passwords is against the rules of this site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satellite-laptop-win-8-o-s-and-no-password.1121194/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Laptop (M5) that will not connect to the internet. It was infected with something that I cleaned with Superantispyware but it will now not connect to the internet. It shows that it is connected both by wireless and wired but when I open Internet Explorer it cannot find the webpage. It is trying to open my homepage (www.google.co.uk). If anyone can help I would be grateful, please let me know what information you need to look at this.

Thank You

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm come across several old Toshiba laptops as I think they are very well built and I like to collect them.

According to Toshiba's website, many of them (including my own which I've owned for years) have support for up to 144-160MB RAM (either 16MB onboard + 128MB chip or 32MB onboard + 128MB chip).

However, all of the laptops I have come across only show the 64MB or 128MB, I've never seen "144" or "160". How could this be? I've verified on Toshiba's site that they have onboard memory of either 16MB or 32MB. It's like if there is onboard memory the OS (Windows 95/98) isn't recognizing it.

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop Memory Limits

it could be the Graphics adapter is set to use 16 or 32 Mb of ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-memory-limits.949019/
Relevancy 51.6%

My girlfriend's laptop is about to get a bit of an overhaul. Extra RAM should be here tomorrow then I'm gonna wipe it and reinstall XP.

It's an Equium A60 as far as I can work out (similar/same as a Satellite A60?) running XP home. She can't find the recovery disk (if it even has one?) and I only have XP Pro.

Can I use my XP pro the same way as I would on a normal desktop? i.e. stick the CD in and boot from it to install a fresh OS? Is there anything I need to look out for on a laptop?

Done loads of desktops but never formatted a laptop before!

Cheers

Relevancy 51.6%

Toshiba Laptop Laptop PSC12C-03100S

I have Windows 7 on Premium OS.

The icons on my screen appears to large and I can't change it. I try to click on to higher resolution but short cut icons don't change smaller
no matter what resolution setting I choose.

How to I change short cuts to appear smaller?

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Toshiba Laptop PSC12C-03100S

Right click on the desktop, go to View, select Small Icons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-toshiba-laptop-psc12c-03100s-954289.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my Toshiba M105-S3064 Laptop and the sound is not working. I looked into it the best I could and it looks like my laptop does not support Windows 7 audio? Is there anything I can do to get sound on my computer and keep windows 7? Please help!! Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

i have a new laptop with xp and a wireless cable connection it seems to hang up in uploads and downloads of web pages here is my hijackthis files any info will be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ACS exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files laptop A75-S231 new toshiba Solved: seems slow Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files EzButton EzButton EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Atheros ACU exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system Solved: new laptop toshiba A75-S231 seems slow ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Management CeEPwrSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe c Toshiba Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshibadirect com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run EzButton C Program Files EzButton EzButton EXE O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run Notebook Maximizer C Program Files Notebook Maximizer maximizer startup exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run ACU quot C Program Files Atheros ACU exe quot -nogui O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup RAMASST lnk C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item... Read more

A:Solved: new laptop toshiba A75-S231 seems slow

Clean, go to msconfig and get rid of some f your startup items, Toshiba loves to load up a bunch of junk!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-laptop-toshiba-a75-s231-seems-slow.342534/
Relevancy 51.6%

Recently my Toshiba Satellite ( model L675
d-S7016, p/n PSK3JU-00W001), with other info below, began to randomly reboot. Maybe once or twice a day - has never happened while I was using. Battery indicates full charge and working from AC. This is independent of Windows updates that force the laptop to reboot. I can't find where on toshiba website to get actual help, so here I am.

Thank you for any help or insight you are able to provide.

Info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3835 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 465163 MB, Free - 375066 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAE
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 51.6%

I need to upgrade my daughter s Toshiba Satellite laptop A -S I ve found conflicting part numbers on various web pages incl Toshiba s for which ram Solved: for Which A85-S107 laptop Satellite Toshiba specific type of RAM we need The Toshiba tech specs say it takes PC DDR Mhz SDRAM The specific part number on the tech specs is KTT A G Kingston DDR GB But when I go to the Toshiba Direct shopping page I find chips KTT G without the A and KTT A G both called PC- MHz DDR On some rd party pages Solved: Which laptop ram for Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 I Solved: Which laptop ram for Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 find the part number with the A and on others I find the same part number but without the A and in no case do I find both or a description of Solved: Which laptop ram for Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 the differences On some pages I found that one version of the part number may refer to a different speed than mHz Is that significant as long as I stay within the PC category Can anyone please tell me exactly which one I want Or doesn t it matter as long as I m using either PC chip All things considered I m inclined to stick with what the tech specs say and use the part with the A but I always get nervous when I encounter inconsistency until I can explain it nbsp

A:Solved: Which laptop ram for Toshiba Satellite A85-S107

For optimal compatibility I would stick with the KTT3311A/1G.

I haven't checked but I would suspect the one without the A is possibly a slight different revision, perhaps slightly different latency timings. It may well work fine, but if you stick to exactly what the tech spec says then you shouldn't have any problems with returns etc. if you any problems occur.

Again, any PC2700 specced RAM (as long as its the same size and number of pins etc) as your existing RAM should work, but, you may have some issues if problems occur as its not recommended by the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-laptop-ram-for-toshiba-satellite-a85-s107.826768/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hiya,

I am trying to fix a customers Toshiba Satellite laptop. I already temporarily fixed it once in which it lasted about two weeks. The problem is the AC jack is loose on the inside pin. I re soldered the connection but now it has come loose again as I think the solder has simply just come off. I am looking for some tips on what I can do to either strengthen the solder from something that is going to be taking a lot of wear or another solution to fix the ac jack. The AC jack is right on the main board of the notebook and not one of those handy type that just disconnect =(. Any suggestions would be helpful!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-with-loose-ac-jack.851360/
Relevancy 51.6%

I don't know much about Win finally figured out how to boot to safe mode display Toshiba problem [SOLVED] laptop The issues The Toshiba splash screen and the Win pre login screen display fine The display is black after signing in possibly audio not right too May have happened after or during a Win update its a coworkers pc ctrl alt del will open task manager and new task allows some activity like opening notepad and control panel None of the Win shortcut keys [SOLVED] Toshiba laptop display problem work and launching explorer via task manager gives an error Device manager [SOLVED] Toshiba laptop display problem shows an Unknown monitor and it is listed as Other non-pnp in display settings What I've tried Rebooting into safe mode seems to work like it should Created a new admin user - same problems Tried to update monitor driver and it says proper driver already loaded Tried to restore from last restore point win update on I think and it errors out at the end saying to run chkdsk r on hard drive Run scandisk and it says errors found please fix Can't figure out how to retry Windows update from Safe Mode

A:[SOLVED] Toshiba laptop display problem

As suggested, try running the command:chkdsk c: /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-toshiba-laptop-display-problem-893410.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a fairly new Toshiba satellite laptop P70 Windows 8.1 & it wont play any Blu ray discs. Toshiba Blu-ray Disc player starts up when you insert a disc the play button appears but nothing happens. I have tried the Toshiba site but it just puts me in a loop to start page. I cant find any links to see if I need to update the player. The version I have is 1.0.5.175. I have spent ages searching online trying to find a solution. I am in Australia & have the correct country code selected. Any help would be appreciated as Ive spent hours on it.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I need help with an issue that just started on my laptop today and I don t know much about troubleshooting so I d appreciate all the help I can get plus I m hoping it s not a serious issue that I can fix because frankly right now I can t afford to take it to a pro or replace it I have a Toshiba Satellite P -S with Vista Home premium edition It s a few years old but I love it I like the widescreen and I ve used it Solved: freezes help! down Toshiba Plz laptop & shuts for everything school work games etc I m not ready to let go just yet Today it started to freeze up and suddenly shut down after a few minutes of booting up A couple of times I saw these wide vertical stripes made of horizontal black lines that flickered on the screen and this is where it freezes A couple of times the dashes would momentarily disappear when I gently press down on the top pad next to the touch pad and I can still see the background in a slightly different shade but then suddenly it shut Solved: Plz help! Toshiba laptop freezes & shuts down down and I hear almost a click sound When I reboot it shows that startup boot screen where it asks if I want to start in safe mode and then ofcourse I don t know what to do from there I have antivirus software regularly scan Every now and then I download games but not too often but I did download one yesterday and played for a little while with no problems whatsoever I ve noticed in the past that the bottom heats up and recently a small piece of plastic broke off from the fan vent so I thought maybe it s melting Now that I think about it the power supply connection is close to that area too and Solved: Plz help! Toshiba laptop freezes & shuts down I replaced it recently because it was disconnecting like the internal wire broke or something Sorry for the long post I hope this info helps a bit ask me if you need more info plz help Thank u in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Plz help! Toshiba laptop freezes & shuts down

Hey well maybe try using the recovery drive if there is one do you mind losing your files or do you need to keep them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plz-help-toshiba-laptop-freezes-shuts-down.1009533/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello This is my first post although I have bee a visitor and have benefitted several times Laptop Problem Screen Toshiba Solved: from the helpful advice I have encountered a problem with my Toshiba Laptop screen It was fine when it was switched off then when it was switched on again the screen has a black leaf shaped object in the upper right hand corner It s about cms long There is also a grey area extending the length of the screen and about one fifth of the width Folders which are behind this area can t be seen but when I click at random and manage to hit Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem a folder Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem it will open The other thing that happens is that when you move the lid the screen goes haywire scrolling up and down and doesn t Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem stop moving The image below shows what it is like The funny thing is when I try to take screenshot the image shows a perfectly normal screen without the black leaf I had to take the image below with a camera Anyone have any idea what could be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem

It is the screen itself that is damaged (the blob). It can be replaced. It also sounds like you may have a bad connection. The video cable is either loose, pnched or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-screen-problem.981952/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having a simiilar problem as Terrorcat is having except for to minor differences My toshiba will freeze except for mouse movement It will run longer in safe mode but still the screen will lock and no interrupt can cause it to come back The curser will move Toshiba on freezing Vista Solved: laptop all over the screen Solved: Vista freezing on Toshiba laptop but clicking either left or right button causes no interrupt I went into setup and enabled wake on Solved: Vista freezing on Toshiba laptop keyboard - no difference mouse or keyboard fail to cause an interrupt I went into Vista power Solved: Vista freezing on Toshiba laptop management and changed the sleep to never and the only change is the screen doesn t blank but it freezes the same way I have been following Terrorcat snd see I needed a highjackthis so I ran it and was able to get the log file onto a jump drive and move it to my desktop machine I will follow the responses to terrorcat as well as this Thanks Here is the highjackthis output Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Users lylefamily AppData Local Temp Temp hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www mirarsearch com useie amp q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www mirarsearch com useie amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE O - HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run cfFncEnabler exe cfFncEnabler exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Skytel Skytel exe O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D E dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra T... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

I have got a Toshiba laptop with windows XP on it however recently the screen has stopped working and it doesn't appear to turn on. I have tried plugging in an external monitor to see if it was the connection to the display that was the problem, however that didn't seem to work either...
Any help would be good as I need to fix this before next week.

Thanks

Henning

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there

I have a Toshiba C870D and it takes forever to connect to my network. I have a Linksys WRT160N router. It shows that it is connected to my network but, whenever i open chrome or try to connect to a program, it just doesn't connect. Sometimes, i have to restart my computer multiple times to get the network going. My router shouldn't be the problem because my other computers in my house can connect to the network just fine.I have also tried changing settings on the router configuration page of the router. My wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8188CE

Please help asap, thank you!

Relevancy 51.6%

Trying to format hard drive with XP. when I boot the CD with Xp on it...it goes through the install cycle, but when it restarts. ..it says UNABLE TO READ, I would think this is a HD problem, is there a program to boot to DOS, and use dos commands to format the hard drive? Or maybe a boot program that will scan the hard drive and block any errored sectors,etc. so data could not be written to them. Just thinking of a workaround from buying a new HD.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1 and I was using the WiFi when it just stopped worked I switched to my Ethernet and worked good until it quit again now it shows me tha t I have internet service but don't I have done a system restore but still nothing what do I do? Oh and my tablet works perfect on the same server

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Water Laptop Solved: Damage Toshiba Toshiba Satellite A -S running Windows Solved: Toshiba Laptop Water Damage Earlier today I spilled water across the keyboard and have been having issues ever since big surprise I did not hear any shorting sounds and until I shut the computer down Solved: Toshiba Laptop Water Damage windows was running fine Now when I turn on the power it goes directly to the boot menu From here I am unable to do anything with the built-in keyboard only the caplocks escape key shift key and numpad enter key work And these keys all do the same thing move me down the boot menu list but I am unable to select an option I then tried the following Removed the keyboard carefully following instructions popped off all the keys and dried and cleaned No result Removed the battery for minutes No result Hooked up a USB keyboard This allowed me to select HDD SSD on the boot menu but when Windows started to load the screen froze and the laptop began beeping loudly at regular intervals At this point I am freaking out thinking that my hard drive is corrupt Any suggestions Would a damaged built-in keyboard cause windows to freeze along with the beeping Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I m not sure if this is the right section but here s the problem can but files burn pictures burn Solved: can't to disc I I Yesterday I tried to burn a folder containing pictures about MB worth and a few WordPad files onto a brand new blank CD-RW disc with MB of space using the Mastered format When I tried burning the files to disc I got Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files a message saying quot There was an error burning this disc It might no longer be usable quot I tried using another blank disc and got the same error I also tried using an older CD-R disc that still had Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files plenty of room on it and I still got the same error I also tried burning just the pictures and not the files and got the same error I then tried to burn just the files and not the pictures This time it worked I was able to burn the WordPad files to the disc but not the pictures Any ideas why this is happening I was able to burn pictures onto a blank disc just weeks ago without any problems but now it won t work I m using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Basic nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I wonder if there are any Techheads out there looking for a challenge?

I have a new Toshiba LCD HDTV that I want to use as the primary and only monitor for my Toshiba Satellite laptop.

I want to eliminate the laptops screen altogether.

I would like to know if there exists a connector or some other way to connect my laptops ribbon cable output to a VGA output and then to the HDTV via a VGA cable; or if there is a better way to go?

The screen on this 4year old laptop got cracked so I have to spend at least $75.00 for parts alone and if I go that way I might as well buy another laptop, or use a desktop with a wireless keyboard which will cost more than $100.00 to set up.

Besides, this seems like a kinda cool fix so if anyone has any bright Ideas, please respond.
Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all

I just installed Vista SP1 that Windows live Update downloaded. Once it completed and restarted, I no longer have sound installed. Before I start messing around, has anyone run into this? Am using a Toshiba Satellite A200. Sound worked fine before the upgrade. Toshiba's support site doesn't have a new driver listed.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, my girlfriend has a problem with her Toshiba Satellite laptop. There is a passsword entry login prompt "which actually has no password) but seems to have developed a problem in that upon pressing enter, the computer starts to run through to the desktop however almost immediately a dialogue box comes up which says the computer is logging out and it returns to the password entry box. No matter how many times we try we cannot login and just loops between the login box. It's not a password issue as such because when you enter an incorrect password it tells you so.

Have had some virus issue recently but managed to get rid of them (antivirus 2009).

It is possible to run the laptop and have completed a system restore on safe mode but no help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Garry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-login-problem-on-toshiba-laptop-running-xp.796318/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Tech Guy My Toshiba is extremely slow and hanging I ran disk cleanup and defrag last night No difference noticed Any help would be appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI RADEON XPRESS M Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA HAZ HTW Antivirus The Shield Deluxe Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled HIJACK Solved: laptop and hanging extremely slow Toshiba LOG EMBroidery Team Outlook e-Mail Solved: Toshiba laptop hanging and extremely slow Responder Adobe Digital Editions Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Illustrator Solved: Toshiba laptop hanging and extremely slow Adobe Reader Adobe SVG Viewer ALOT Toolbar ALPS Touch Pad Driver Atheros Client Utility Atheros Wireless LAN MiniPCI card Driver ATI - Software Uninstall Utility ATI Control Panel ATI Display Driver AutoReply CCleaner CD DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer Choice Guard Corel Applications Critical Update for Windows Media Player KB DirectX Runtime DVD-RAM Driver FLV Converter FUJIFILM USB Driver Google Chrome Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Update Helper HighMAT Extension to Microsoft Windows XP CD Writing Wizard Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB InterVideo WinDVD Creator InterVideo WinDVD for TOSHIBA Java TM Update Java TM Update Junk Mail filter update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft NET Framework Security Update KB Microsoft NET Framework Security Update KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Microsoft NET Framework SP Microsoft NET Framework SP Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs Microsoft Office Premium Microsoft Office OneNote Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime Native v x Microsoft Sync Framework Services Native v x Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft Visual C ATL Update kb - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Works Mozilla Firefox MSVCRT MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB MSXML Parser PokerStars net Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Security Update for CAPICOM KB Security Update for CAPICOM KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Exp... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

My laptop started having trouble with the letter h, it does not work.
Is this easy to fix or do I have to take it in somewhere to be repaired.

I have tried dusting it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-satellite-1415-series.486652/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Toshiba P755-S5198 battery loses charge even when the computer is shut down (not sleep, not hibernation -- powered off by clicking "Shut down" at the Start button). The rate at which it discharges is alarming -- 15-20% per day. I've checked the BIOS to see if by chance something was enabled that would drain it, but nothing is. It's only just over a year old and has always done this.

What's draining the battery?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Tech Guys I have pretty curious problem No troubleshooter or FAQ that I could find has been able to help me so I d be incredibly grateful if someone here could won't (Windows to the connect 32-bit) laptop Solved: 7, internet Toshiba get me through this I m using a Toshiba Satellite L D-S which is running on Windows bit I ve owned it for over a year now without any difficulties but it s suddenly unable to access the internet The wireless icon in the Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit) tray shows Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit) that Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit) it s connected to the router a Netgear N but that it has no internet access I ran the Network Troubleshooter and received the message quot Your computer is correctly configured but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot I thought that it may have been a problem with the cable modem a Motorola SB or with my ISP Comcast but I found that the Wi-Fi was working just fine on my cellphone I tried connecting the laptop via an ethernet cable to both the router and the modem but it still wouldn t work I tried turning everything off and then on again and still nothing I then started the computer in Safe Mode with Networking In this mode it WAS able to connect to the internet I don t know what exactly this means or where to go from here Any help or suggestions would be followed with gratitude and I ll be happy to provide whatever other information is needed I apologize if this is posted in the wrong sub-forum it s difficult navigating a forum of this size on a tiny phone nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit)

something is running in normal mode that is blocking access
its possible a virus/malware
or
a firewall / security suite time trail version - they can often block even after being ok for years

so do you have norton, mcafee or other suite now or ever in the past

if so you need to uninstal and use the removal tool to remove - i have listed a couple for the more common suites
also try a tcp/ip reset

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Please note and post back - if you receive the message
Access is Denied

Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kaspersky Removal Tool
A link to Kaspersky - this varies with different versions
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193239279

Mcafee RemovalTool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

Norton Removal Tool
I would recommend that you restart the PC and run the removal tool for a second time - I have found instances where the removal tool needs to be run twice to fully remove all traces of norton and symantec from the PC
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

All Versions - The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2010/2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products, Norton 360 and Norton SystemWorks 12.0 from your computer.
http://majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-windows-7-32-bit.1041128/
Relevancy 50.74%

Toshiba lap top satellite M115-S3144
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Intel Centrino 5500
2 GB of Ram

Periodically playing music is skipping, crackles, garbled, etc. After "out of box" restore will work OK for awhile.....then starts garbling up again.............

Any thoughts?

Pete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-garbled-music-often-when-playing-off-my-toshiba-laptop.664479/
Relevancy 50.74%

So my stepsister brought me her laptop last night because the wireless was not working on it When I opened the laptop I noticed well it looked like one of her children had stepped on Solved: responding laptop not toshiba on network Wireless teh mouse pad part so it was severly dented in Which in turn the mouse would not work so I had to hook up a manual mouse Solved: Wireless network not responding on toshiba laptop Anyway her switch is moved over to wireless and it cannot Solved: Wireless network not responding on toshiba laptop find any networks All of the comp in my house run off of wireless so I know it is not the router My question is could the dent where the mouse pad is located on the laptop could it have damaged the network card wireless card internally Or should I just try to manually see if it will connect to the internet through an ethernet cable Or reinstall windows hoping that might fix the network driver because she has a lot of crap on here and obviously its moving horrendously slow nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an L305 s5933 laptop from Toshiba. Awhile ago I had to replace the front bezel because it was broken. When I did this I got the wrong bezel and couldn't see the webcam because there was no hole in the bezel (frame) This didn't bother me because I didn't use the webcam anyway.

Now I want to skype and make webcam calls. Last week I ordered the correct bezel with a hole in it for my webcam. I checked to see if the webcam worked and it did. Today I installed Skype and looked for my webcam and couldn't see anything. I can physically see it but Skpe doesn't recognize it. I look for it in the Device Manager and it isn't there.

What do I do?

Relevancy 50.74%

All of a sudden I find that Blu-Ray discs will no longer play on my TOSHIBA Satellite P775D laptop.

When I attempt to play them with either TOSHIBA Video Player, Corel WinDVD or BD/DVD Player, I get the following message:

WinDVD information service is not ready yet. Please try again later.

Also, whenever I try to play a Blu-Ray disc using either Windows Media Player or RealPlayer, nothing at all happens.

Is it possible that I need some sort of upgrade through TOSHIBA to restore Blu-Ray compatibility?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

Is it worth turning off the Toshiba logos / splash screens that crop up before Windows 7 loads? I have been looking around to learn how to turn the off but have yet to find an answer I'm confident in!

If it is, where can I learn how to do it?

I have a Toshiba Satelitte C670 D - 11K, windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks ...

A:Solved: Turning off splash screen on Toshiba laptop

You may be able to turn it off in the BIOS but it's rarely an option in laptops, but is it worth it...nope, it won't improve performance. I'm sure someone has found a way to flash a hacked BIOS onto some machines but I'd strongly advise against that as you could end up bricking the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-turning-off-splash-screen-on-toshiba-laptop.1042505/
Relevancy 50.74%

Tonight for the first time I attempted to view pictures on an SDHC card on my new (Windows 7) Toshiba laptop. After inserting the card I was very surprised to find that my laptop does not recognize it. It doesn't show up under Devices with Removable Storage, nor does the Memory Card Reader light up. Is there something I must do in order to activate it? I felt sure it would've been automatically detected. I would greatly appreciate any offers of help. Thank you.

A:Solved: SDHC card not recognized on new Toshiba laptop

Well, all I did was reinsert the card and, for some reason, it's now working fine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sdhc-card-not-recognized-on-new-toshiba-laptop.1040189/
Relevancy 50.74%

We have a two year old Toshiba laptop, my son tried to clean the screen and cracked it. I have about 2 inches that I can see.

I want to connect it to an external monitor, when I hook it up, I can only see on the external screen until it boots up and then it clicks over to the lap top.

how can I fix this?

Relevancy 50.74%

A friend brought her Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438 laptop to me and wants me to see if I can tell what is wrong with it. When I took out the battery and plugged it in, the lite comes on that it is plugged in. When trying to start it, nothing. Where shall I start with this dead laptop?

Relevancy 50.74%

When attempting to start a Toshiba mini NB -N BL laptop I get the following error message almost NB205-N312/BL Toshiba Solved: mini laptop immediately windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt windows system config system Solved: Toshiba mini NB205-N312/BL laptop You can attempt to Solved: Toshiba mini NB205-N312/BL laptop repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD ROM Select r at the first screen to start repair If I then reboot and select windows xp setup it takes me to a error screen stating a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run chkdsk F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical Information STOP x B xF A xC x x At this point I decided I only wanted to reimage the laptop completely and start from scratch However when I attach the USB CD drive and boot to the install windows XP PRO CDROM I get the same error previously indicated after about minutes of windows reading from the CDROM and loading files Any ideas of what is causing this and how I can reimage this device or run chkdsk thanks doug nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Is there any way to replace a broken Toshiba Satellite Laptop LCD screen? My son accidentally broke it by closing the laptop on top of it's mouse is what I'm assuming. There is nothing otherwise wrong except for the screen and I can't stand having to hook a monitor up to it so I can work on it. Also is it hard to replace the screen or is this something that a computer repair shop needs to do? Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Broken Toshiba Satellite Laptop Screen

Hi there,

Yes, it is very much possible to replace the screen. Usually they run between $150-250, depending on where you find it. And most screens are relatively easy to install as long as you have a small screwdriver and some patience. Someone can easily guide you through it if you have any trouble, but a computer store will charge you a MINIMUM of $60 for labor, if not more, plus handling fees for the screen itself. I'd recommend buying a new screen online and then coming back here and I can guide you through it.

Also, which model Toshiba do you have exactly? I am familiar with most, but just to make sure.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-broken-toshiba-satellite-laptop-screen.757338/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Toshiba Solved: not USB ports laptop Toshiba working L505D L d laptop that I use with my Logitech wireless mouse I have had this setup for quite a while Last week I noticed my mouse was starting to lag or get stuck as if there was a problem with the Solved: USB ports not working Toshiba L505D laptop connection between the mouse and Solved: USB ports not working Toshiba L505D laptop receiver Well tonight it just completely quit on me Here s the mystery I was able to get it briefly working again by removing my USB headset which has been working fine and plugging my mouse receiver into it This however only worked for a short amount of time and went right back to not working When I moved the receiver back to it s original plug and plugged my headset back in IT no longer worked as well I have tried only having one of the two plugged in at a time as well as switching the plugs but they haven t worked since I haven Solved: USB ports not working Toshiba L505D laptop t changed or downloaded anything new I have tried clearing all of the USB data out of the Device Manager forcing Windows to reinstall the drivers for the usb items This again only worked for a few mins and then it went right back to not working Windows does recognize when I plug unplug an item from the usb ports because it will make the sounds with the laptop s onboard speakers it just seems that no data is transferred It does also recognize when I plug my mouse receiver in because my mouse touchpad stops working until I unplug the receiver I have no idea why this is happening but I use my mouse and headset all the time I really hate the touchpad because I bump it while I type This message took a while to write because I kept quot clicking quot on stuff Please help EDIT Ok well I seemed to get my headphones working again I went under Audio in the control panel and for some reason the default sound was set to my speakers I set it back to my headphones and they now work I then plugged my mouse receiver back in and my mouse worked for about seconds I unplugged it and am now looking at the Mouse settings My only options are the Touchpad or Other Pointing Device When I have the receiver plugged in the driver it says it s using is quot HID-Compliant Mouse quot and that the device is working properly However under the Device Settings tab the only one showing is my Touchpad nbsp

A:Solved: USB ports not working Toshiba L505D laptop

It sounds as though your mouse's USB dongle has died and is killing the USB port until you re-install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-ports-not-working-toshiba-l505d-laptop.1114962/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was listening to music and surfing the Net tonight when all of a sudden my Satellite L D-S Toshiba laptop abruptly went dark and shut down and now it won t power up again In fact it doesn t even make it s usual start-up sound when I press the Start button It doesn t make any sound at all One thing I do notice is that whenever I press the Start button the battery indicator light blinks six times and then stops The light blinks with or without the power cord The unit was plugged in when it suddenly stopped working and went dar Could there be a problem with the battery As I said even with the AC cord plugged in the unit won t power TOSHIBA suddenly fail to did shut restart? my down and Solved: Why laptop on when I press the Start button As noted above I continue to get the battery light Solved: Why did my TOSHIBA laptop suddenly shut down and fail to restart? blinking six times whenever I press the Start button but that s all Could there be an overheating problem I was on my Solved: Why did my TOSHIBA laptop suddenly shut down and fail to restart? laptop for about three hours straight surfing and saving photos Naturally the unit was warm when it suddenly shut off but I certainly didn t consider it overheated Now it s been nearly an hour since the unit shut down I just went back and pressed the Power button but again it failed to power on Earlier I removed and replaced the battery twice but that didn t help either The laptop is only one year old exactly so I hope it s not a major problem I hope I don t need to replace it with a new one after only one year I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to tell me what the problem is Thank you very much nbsp

A:Solved: Why did my TOSHIBA laptop suddenly shut down and fail to restart?

Did you try taking the battery out for 10 minutes, and running the power directly without the battery plugged in?

BTW, just cause you can't feel it overheating, doesn't mean it's NOT overheating, a processor can overheat VERY fast if it's not properly cooled!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-did-my-toshiba-laptop-suddenly-shut-down-and-fail-to-restart.885123/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking for a manual for this laptop that I inherited. For starters, I'd appreciate it if some could just tell me how to adjust the screen brightness/contrast (assuming the screen isn't actually dying!). Thanks.

Ken

Relevancy 50.31%

I think I hit "Function and F1" causing the mouse to stop dead in its track. WHen I plug in my cordless mouse to the laptop I am able to move the mouse but not using the mousepad on the laptop. I messed around with the FUnction and F1 again and can't get it to release. ANy ideas?

A:Solved: My Mouse is stuck :( Toshiba laptop -somehow I locked the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-mouse-is-stuck-toshiba-laptop-somehow-i-locked-the-keyboard.917985/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running windows Vista. Every time windows starts it comes up with this onboard keyboard o the screen. I have tried everything, but it still keeps coming up when the laptop starts. Any ideas how to stop this. Thanks.

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop has an on board keyboard that comes up when windows starts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-has-an-on-board-keyboard-that-comes-up-when-windows-starts.916650/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,
I recently installed Windows 7 and the mousepad on my Toshiba laptop stopped scrolling (when running your finger down the right hand side of the mousepad). Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks!

A:Solved: Toshiba laptop mousepad issue after installing Windows 7

Yes. Go to Toshiba's website (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp), look up your laptop and download the Windows 7 drivers for your Touchpad.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-mousepad-issue-after-installing-windows-7.887765/
Relevancy 50.31%

Lap top Heating up and need some need Laptop, Heating Toshiba SP2-Lap and Windows Home top up advice XP some Solved: advice Toshiba Laptop Windows XP Home SP The computer works for say about min and then what ever you would be doing it would just shut down If you tried to start it up again it would come on and then turn itself off again but if you let it sit for awhile to cool off it would restart and run for awhile and then shutdown again I put a cd case under the front of the laptop to let some air under it and that did it it runs as long Solved: Toshiba Laptop, Windows XP Home SP2-Lap top Heating up and need some advice as you want it to I took the case out from under it and in a couple of min it shut down again and to feel the bottom of the case it was really hot So it will run if you put something under it So I went to the Toshiba site and looked up the laptop and found that they have a heat problem with certain kinds of these lap tops that they will shut down They get so hot in the upper right hand corner that they actually curl up I guess and by the way that is where the fan is under it on the upper right hand corner I did check the fan on the bottom and it is working So I would like someone if they would be so kind as to look on the site where I went and help me to understand if I need a BIOS flash So they say those laptops need a BIOS Update but I can figure out if it is mine I think it is but not sure This is what he has his laptop The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A -S model PSA U- K- Serial Q at the site I see the A -S and it says for serial s so I think it is the one but then there are like different updates and I no with the BIOS you don t want the wrong one Here is the site URL and the info if someone could take alook I would be grateful I got everything else working great except that shutting down here is the site http www csd toshiba com cgi-bin tais su su sc modItemList jsp ModelDLCat BIOS amp ListType Model amp ct DL amp moid amp BV SessionID amp BV EngineID ccceaddlekegidjcg fkceghdgngdgnn Here are the Support Bulletins for the Satellite A -S you selected Click the link to expand your search to include All Support Bulletins applicable to Satellite models - - BIOS Notice to Users of Satellite A A notebook PC BIOS Update Recommendation But then after that is says this Notice to Users of Satellite A A notebook PC BIOS Update Recommendation Document ID Posted Date Last Updated Operating System BIOS Category BIOS Distribution Public Applicable Models Satellite A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S ST A -S ST A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S A -S Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software Issue solution survey In extremely rare instances your Satellite A A computer may experience overheating that could result in the deformation of the plastic casing on the upper right hand corner of the computer The overheating and deformation occur only when the notebook is booting or resuming from standby or hibernation and can be avoided by installing BIOS ver which was released on October or a later version Below is a list of Satellite A A serial numbers which could potentially be affected by this issue If the serial number of your Satellite A A doesn t match the patterns listed below your notebook computer is not affected by this issue Resolution Please download and install Flash BIOS version or later Complete installation instructions are included in the downloadable BIOS package Here are the Downloads for the Satellite A -S ST you selected Click the link to expand your search to include All Downloads applicable to Satellite models Public Downloads Date Category Title Download - - BIOS ACPI Flash BIOS version for Satellite A v - - M - - BIOS ACPI Flash BIOS version C for Satel... Read more

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop, Windows XP Home SP2-Lap top Heating up and need some advice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-windows-xp-home-sp2-lap-top-heating-up-and-need-some-advice.585088/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have trying to switch out the ram and worked for three tests of restart to see how the screen responded and on the fourth restart the laptop the screen went black. I connect the laptop through vga cord to a different monitor while holding Fn8 and couldnt see anything.

is it the graphic card? and if so how do i know which one to buy??
http://www.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-satellite-l305d-s5934/4505-3121_7-33884904.html

Graphics ProcessorATI Radeon 3100 HyperMemory

Relevancy 49.88%

Basically, the whole computer screen just freezes suddenly and without warning. When this happens, I have no choice but to press the power button. This usually happens when i click something.

A:[SOLVED] Problem with Toshiba laptop running Windows xp (Moved from Other Operating S

Hello & welcome to TSF ,

there may be several steps that we need to take to solve this issue

here is one

now what i you need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they & post them here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-problem-with-toshiba-laptop-running-windows-xp-moved-from-other-operating-s-321849.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there software available that i can get and leave running on my computer for a day or so to burn in the system and test all its paramaters?

A:Burn in software

It's not a myth, its kinda like screensavers, it is no longer needed. Long ago we used to "Burn in" systems to check everything out(usually 72 hrs)

A "Burn in" of today consists of booting up and checking everything out(maybe a couple of hrs at the most)

Some manufacturers still claim to do a burn in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-in-software.2202/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey i was just wonderin'

Nero just doesn't work 4 me
So does any1 have any other suggestions concerning burning (ur own) movie files onto a dvd to watch on dvd-player (tv)
thanx

Rachel

Relevancy 49.45%

hi, can nyone tell me why I lose lots of disk space every time i burn a dvd with 7 . and where to look for all of the temp files. and why it takes two hours or more to encode???

A:7 dvd burn software

"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Burn"

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/14168-7-dvd-burn-software.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is anyone using or can recommend a Hardware Diag\Stress Test software? Something along the lines of "Burn In" software. Preferably one that boots from a CD or ThumbDrive and can run once for diags or repeatedly for burn in. Free is always good...

Relevancy 49.45%

I wanted to burn a neo+g and i got this program rmc.. I followed the instructions from RSQ now i am stuck on the part to burn. I have nero 7. what should i burn it as. data, dvd audio, dvd movie. the instruction say burn dvd in nero or other burning apps. plus do i burn the whole folder that i have. do i have to put it in order. it took me 2 days to organize my discs using this program and i don't want it to screw up. please help me

Thanks a bunch

A:Neo+G Burn!! What Software?..HELP

based on what I read at the neo website, burn with nero as DATA. When setting up the burning session in Nero, do NOT drag the main parent folder over to right-hand pane for burning. Instead, first open that main parent folder in the right hand explorer pane, then drag ALL it's contents (except the main parent folder itself) across to the left hand pane for burning. Nero will burn the files in the same order you have organised them, which is usually alpabetical or numerical order anyway (that's dictated by the way Windows works, not you).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/neo-g-burn-what-software-help.528402/
Relevancy 49.45%

I cannot seem to get any of my DVD burning software to launch. Might this be a virus or trouble with system seeing my DVD hardware.

Thanks, Tony

A:DVD burn software will not run

Have you tried reinstalling the said software?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222533/dvd-burn-software-will-not-run/
Relevancy 49.45%

I orginally started having internet issues three days ago Both computers could not get online I have now been able to get online with this laptop that has XP The other laptop worki Solved: to drivers cannot not Vista network connect Toshiba internet, Laptop w/ Toshiba does not recognize any IP addresses and several of the network adapters show not working only two appear to work I did ipconfig and get media disconnected message I read through several forums and attempted to Solved: Toshiba Laptop w/ Vista cannot connect to internet, network drivers not worki remove the non working drivers rebooted but it still does not work There are other instructions I have followed from Microsoft forums with no solution at all I am open to any assistance any one can provide to help resolve this Also starting today my computer is acting up and suddenly shutting down so I did a system repair But I still cannot get online I would like to fix it Solved: Toshiba Laptop w/ Vista cannot connect to internet, network drivers not worki if at all possible I am desperately trying to be sure I have all my data transferred onto a USB hard drive in case it totally crashes Is there a way to be sure all my files pictures programs etc are safely on the USB hard drive without walking through them individually I notice some are only the shortcut so I have to go back through each and every one I was wondering if there was a quicker way to do this Also I am wondering since there appears to be a strong possibility I cannot get this fixed if I bought the Windows and put it on the computer would it correct the drivers and allow it to work I know there are alot of questions here but I truly have been trying to resolve this for days and nothing seems to correct the problem so I am trying to at least save my personal files pictures etc Any help is greatly appreciated Thank in Advance nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop w/ Vista cannot connect to internet, network drivers not worki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-w-vista-cannot-connect-to-internet-network-drivers-not-worki.873352/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I cannot burn to CDR using the XP inbuilt feature, i'm not sure why. I have Nero installed and have to run everything through that program but i'd like to be able to burn mp3's with a simple drag and drop to the Drive E: icon (my CD writer).

I read the MS site and it says i should get a screen like this:

But i only get these screens on my setup:

i.e there's no "recording" tab and therefore no option to "enable CD writing" ?. What can i do to get the inbuilt XP recording feature working again ?

Regards,
Andrew

A:Cannot burn to CDR with inbuilt Win XP software ?

You can't make an audio CD with the XP built in burner you have to use Windows Media Player or better yet Nero. If you want to make a Data CD of your MP3's then you right click the file with the MP3's in them, and choose Send To... your CD Burner. another file pops up saying " You have files waiting to be sent to the CD". Click on "Write these files to CD" and it will burn them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-burn-to-cdr-with-inbuilt-win-xp-software-391163.html
Relevancy 49.02%

How do you transfer photo files to a cd/dvd disk?
Is there a software program needed?

I don't want a backup as much as I want a slide show or presentation.

Relevancy 49.02%

me to buy this player two years ago but never Went, when serious dvd, vcd, whatever format I play them, and when he does "jumps" or is labeled .. may be happening? will be the converter? which video converter recomend to me for convert to dvd format any video ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/phillips-mcd-139-i-want-to-know-what-software-is-best-for-burn-dvd.925567/