Windows Support Forum

first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

Q: first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

hello people im building a gaming PC and it is my first built Till now i had been playing on low end laptop back in times of NFS underground n all then i got XPS L x and xbox -S but they all have their limitations and the laptops cost a lot and dont withstand the threshold of the games of current time first PC in 1080p at 120HZ...... gaming 3D built for at gaming It all becomes very confined and limited So i have decided to go for an ALL GAMING ONLY PC built and im going to do it myself really excited about the first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ...... complete project Now ill be playing games in D ie on a D monitor but im not a very big fan of the k or UHD resolutions and will be playing at x p but at HZ instead of hz monitor so keeping all that in mind and with my research over the internet for couple of months i have decided what im buying and i need you guys to help me out finding any problem with this configuration PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p pV GX Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p pV GX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon M CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Corsair Force LS GB quot Solid State Drive Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Twin Frozr Video Card Directron Case NZXT Phantom White ATX Mid Tower Case Amazon Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE Hz quot Monitor Newegg Total now will all things work fine with eachother i dont want something to mismatch with the other Also if i can get a motherboard cheaper then this one which supports click Overclocking like OC gene in this case and USB Audio headers for front panel of the case I would like to save some money And im really very confused about the graphic card is going for a good move or should i stick to only Remember ill be playing in D at HZ minimum at p any more suggestions you give me will be rewarded with kisses of your loved ones today lol nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-pc-built-for-gaming-in-3d-at-1080p-at-120hz.1138331/
Relevancy 97.61%

My setup is
gtx670
intel i7-3770
8gb ddr memory
windows 7

I mostly play fps but will play other types of games some, would like play on high settings too

which of these would be better for gaming? Asus 239hp vs dell u2412m? the asus is 180 on amazon and the dell is 250

A:Gaming PC monitor, IPS or 120hz?

120HZ: Amazing in FPS games. Only 'works' if you give it more than 60fps from your GPU, which with a GTX670 you'll be pushing it in the latest games..

Games look really fluid on 120Hz and are more responsive to mouse movement. They are also only 24inch 1920x1080 resolution.

IPS: They look really pretty, have amazing colors, have wide viewing angles. Usually are limited to 60Hz (Yamakasi Catleap OC ones go higher), have a lot wider variety of recolutions and sizes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-monitor-ips-or-120hz.191346/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi everyone My current specs are as folllows Intel i K Stock ASUS GTX DCII Stock GSkill Ripjaws x GB Currently gaming on a Samsung SyncMaster B quot monitor The resolution is only x Hz I was thinking that I should pick up a new monitor to justify the rig that I ve built I have been looking at quot monitors that have a resolution of x Now here s the dilemma I see a lot of Hz monitors and people saying that they are much better suited to gaming especially FPS which is what I for -- Monitor worth advice gaming? 120Hz it usually enjoy Upon researching a bit I Monitor advice -- 120Hz worth it for gaming? came upon the BenQ XL T It s quite expensive but I might just be able to pick it up if it s completely worth it So here are my questions Has anyone had any experience with the BenQ XL T and what are your views Is Hz worth it and will there be any noticeable difference Will my single GTX be able to handle it Just for perspective I run Crysis a little over FPS average with all settings Very High FXAA and Transparency AA enabled in nVidia Control Panel I m also open to OCing my GPU and CPU using a Corsair H Any other suggestions Look forward to your responses nbsp

A:Monitor advice -- 120Hz worth it for gaming?

The 670 will be able to give you those 120 fps in less demanding games, however you may end up turning the quality and resolution down for the more demanding titles (such as Crysis 3). So you have a choice, sacrifice image quality for more fluid game-play, or get an IPS monitor, which will give you much superior color, but you'll have to live with 60 fps. (In my opinion, 60fps is enough, although that's a matter of opinion)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-advice-120hz-worth-it-for-gaming.190206/
Relevancy 94.17%

Im really looking to replace my 19 inch widescreen LCD with a better monitor. My current one has a res of only 1400x900 so I need some suggestions on an HD, 1080p 120Hz monitor, 22 inches or bigger for my gaming. I love playing with vertical sync on to rid myself of tearing in games and a refresh rate of only 75 is too slow for me. I realize the human eye can only see around that I think but having an old CRT monitor years ago that went to 120hz I noticed a big jump in my gaming. Plus it just looked prettier and smoother with all options on and no slowdowns lol. Also having HD will make the colors pop more too I believe. Thank you to anyone that can help me with some suggestions on what to get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-120hz-refresh-rate-gaming-monitor.148352/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello All,

I recently bought MSI GT780DXR-405US laptop and Samsung monitor S27A950d. I really want to use 27" with the laptop.

However, I am NOT sure which cable should I buy to utilize features of the laptop and 3d 120Hz monitor to the MAX? The monitor came with DVI -Dual cable. The laptop has NVIDIAģ GeForceģ GTX 570M discrete graphics chip.

The laptop has following ports :

Ports
USB 2 x USB 3.0
3 x USB 2.0
Video Port
1 x VGA
HDMI
1 x HDMI
Other port
E-SATA only
Audio Ports
Yes

The monitor has following ports :

IInterface Type: DVI
HDMI
Display Port

Input Video Signal: HDMI
Display Port
24-pin DVI-D with HDCP

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Features: Tilt
3D Ready
120Hz Motion

Thanks a LOT for your help.

A:How to connect 3d 120Hz monitor to a gaming laptop with NVIDIA GTX 570M GPU ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-3d-120hz-monitor-to-a-gaming-laptop-with-nvidia-gtx-570m-gpu.1031698/
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm going to be investing in a new HDTV for my gaming PC I currently use a quot Plasma but I would like something bigger I plan to go with a - quot LED HDTV and I plan to game using p resolution regardless of whether I purchase a K HDTV or a p HDTV The question I have is if I chose to go with a K HDTV will look any better than a p HDTV in terms of clarity sharpness color vibrancy etc Thanks in advance CASE NZXT Phantom PHAN- WT Red Steel Plastic Enthusiast 4K 1080p on Gaming PC HDTV? ATX Full Tower Computer Case CPU Intel i K 1080p PC Gaming on 4K HDTV? GHz CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO GPU MSI GTX MOBO MSI Z Gaming MEMORY G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR SSD Intel GB SATA III OS Programs SSD Intel GB SATA III Games HDD Western Digital TB RPM Media HDD Western Digital TB RPM Games HDD Western Digital GB RPM BackUp OPTICAL DRIVE SONY Black Blu-ray Burner X PSU Antec High Current Gamer Series W DISPLAY Panasonic quot Plasma p HDTV NETWORK ADAPTER TP-LINK Dual Band N FANS MM x MM x MM x KEYBOARD Logitech G amp Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K MOUSE Razer Naga Epic Chroma HEADSET Logitech G OS Windows bit

A:1080p PC Gaming on 4K HDTV?

A 4k/UHD will only operate in 1080p, if that is the signal it is receiving. Suggest you invest in a good quality 4k/UHD video capable card. That way you can upscale to 4k/UHD.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/33253-1080p-pc-gaming-4k-hdtv.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I've noticed that when I run certain games there is a black frame (about 1" in actual width) around my screen even if I set the correct resolution. Since this is consistent across a few titles, I figure it's a display issue and not the games. My monitor supports a max resolution of 1920 x 1080 but even if I set it to that some games display this frame all the time. Not a huge deal as the games run just fine but I would like to see them running at full screen. Any ideas on how to fix this. The desktop is fine (full screen) as do most games with the exception of a few titles.

ATI Radeon HD4800 series
Windows XP Home Edition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pesky-black-frame-1080p-gaming-on-xp.126609/
Relevancy 80.41%

Help me built a pc that can handle games like half life 2 at full spec at lowest cost possible. And is fully compatible with ATi radeon 9800 pro 128 mb.

All the parts you guys picks out must be from http://www.acnt.com/ since this shop is located right by my house, and they built custom pc there. I dont know much about pc, so i dont want to get riped off. The site again is

http://www.acnt.com/

the harddrive size is good at 100 gig, and i already have ati radeon 9800 video card. 128 mb, 8x/4x agp.

The rest is up to you guys. Also, it would be nice if the system could be intel p4 at minumum of 2.4 ghz system and the video card runs at 8x agp (i dont know if 4x is better then 8x but i assume 8x is better since is a higher number. )

Relevancy 79.55%

Specs:

Pentium D 840 3.21 Ghz
2 GB DDR2
512 MB 6800XT nVidia Video
HD Surround 7.1 Audio
320 GB SATA HD w/a 16 MB Cache
What do you think??

Ready to tackle any game that's available right now??

A:New Gaming PC Finally Built!!

Not bad for a mid range gaming rig.

eheheheh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gaming-pc-finally-built.507895/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, I am looking for a place to buy a fully functional already built gaming PC. I know everyone says buy the parts and build it from scratch but I'm not that great with computer stuff, my first thought was to check out best buy or future shop but everyone says you get overcharged. I want a computer that I can play the newer total war series games on like shogun total war 2 and Rome total war 2 (coming later this year). My Price range is about $1000 to $1300.

Please help me.

A:Where to buy a fully built gaming PC

You can choose parts to be put into a prebuilt computer from sites like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower, that's probably your best option if we can't convince you to build it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-buy-a-fully-built-gaming-pc.190945/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello all this is my first post I ve run out of ideas with this particular problem and was hoping someone might give me some advice I ve just built a new PC Abit AN Fatal ty SLi motherboard GB Corsair PC LL RAM x GB X XFX GeForce GTX graphics cards SLi mode Athlon San Diego Seasonic S SLi certified W PSU Abit AudioMAX soundcard - supplied with MoBo Sony DRU- A DVD-RW Samsung Gaming Rig Problem Lock-Up - New Built GB SATA HDD Mitsumi in media and floppy drive Windows XP New Built Gaming Rig - Lock-Up Problem Home SP The PC runs fine in everyday tasks and ran through DMark with no problems scoring ish New Built Gaming Rig - Lock-Up Problem When I play resource-hungry games - Far Cry F E A R demo Half Life - the rig will get so far into a game and just freeze up There is no lag no performance drop prior to the crash - it just instantly freezes the sound goes like a stuck CD and there s no way out other than the reset switch It happens even at less-than-maximum video settings in these games - though it does seem to run Call of Duty UO without any problems I have done many test runs to identify the problem and cannot pin it down The problem is not Temperatures CPU temps and GPU temps are well within manufacturer s recommendations even at the times of the crashes Drivers All device drivers are up-to-date as of today BIOS Motherboard BIOS is current Bad connections All connections are good and all cards are seated properly The crashes occur with SLi mode enabled AND disabled One thing I have noted is that the lower I have the video settings in a game the longer it runs without crashing Usually Does anyone have any ideas how I can pinpoint the problem - nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Computer was BSODs Gaming PC Custom on relatively Built new a built around mid August this year started crashing around mid-september for seemingly no reason It's crashed around - times by now the most recent one being today while playing Guild Wars Every time it's crashed has been while a game was running except for one time when it crashed sometime during the night when it was supposed to be asleep I've constantly been checking the temps of my CPU BSODs on a relatively new Custom Built Gaming PC and Graphics Card and neither ever go beyond around degrees Celsius while gaming After posting on a different forum I was told that the problem was due to a bad controller driver from windows so when I updated it I figured that the problem had passed since there have been no crashes that I know of that was around a month and a half ago When I was building the computer I accidentally got some of the thermal compound on the outer edge of the metal cover on top of the CPU while installing the heat sink I wiped it off as best as I could but I'm worried that it might be causing a problem as well I used IC Diamond which as far as I know is non-conductive so I wasn't too worried about it I'm running a Mini-ITX system in a BitFenix Prodigy so space is pretty tight and it would be fairly difficult to take apart to try and clean the rest of it off if possible If nothing software related can be found in the attached file then I'll take a look and see what I can do but I would rather not if possible Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide

A:BSODs on a relatively new Custom Built Gaming PC

Hello ands welcome sonic mate I wouldn't be too worried about the compound unless it got down into the socket and then it would have to be a lot.

Just for starters and elimination purposes run these first in this order and delete any rubbish

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html<= DO NOT run on a SSD

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

* download from bleeping computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312321-bsods-relatively-new-custom-built-gaming-pc.html
Relevancy 78.69%

This was my first attempt at an SLI rig. Continues to freeze mid game (WoW). Would appreciate troubleshooting tips.

Abit Fatality MB (FP-IN9 SLI)
Intel Core 2 - 2.4Ghz
(2) e-GeForce 7950 GT KO graphics card
(4) 1G DDR2 pc8500
OCZ 700w PS
74gig Raptor HD
Windows XP

Any ideas appreciated....

Relevancy 77.83%

I built my son a gaming computer to save money With a lot of tutorials and enough knowledge to be dangerous It worked as far as I know I computer a save money to gaming Built m not sure if everything is working Built a gaming computer to save money as well as it should There are setting that I may have messed up My worst problem is that the bios seems to be selecting the wrong drive to boot from and it loops to a message insert boot media or something to that effect If i reboot and go into the bios and boot from there it works without changing anything cuz its pointing to the correct drive I have a SSD and a HDD They are all SATA and they are linked as one but the SSD has the boot info Any quick ideas as to what might be wrong Is there a place like geek squad that can link to the computer and check the setup I was geek squad was pretty costly This saving money thing is not turning out the way its supposed to LOL nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I'm putting together a gaming machine, 2000$ spending limit...I plan to make it a P4 3.0ghz or 2.8ghz, 1gig PC3200 DDR Ram, 60gig 7200RPM HD, Radeon9800 256mb / 128mb, 500watt powersupply, and a thermaltake case (with 7 cooling fans, I'll probably add other means of cooling too). Does anyone have any reccomendations for a good gaming motherboard? I'd prefer onboard lan support, but all of them have that now...I'd prefer not, but it could have onboard sound. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Over the past few months I've gotten countless BSODs and freezes the screen freezes on whatever was last displayed and is accompanied with a buzzing noise in my headphones which I believe is the last sound played The blue screens and crashes occur randomly While playing games watching YouTube Newgrounds videos browsing the internet while just idling on the desktop with only Skype running and even a few times at the Windows login screen happened only a few times and repeatedly selecting quot start Windows normally quot after it kept giving a BSOD at login it stopped crashing and I logged in normally none having gaming can't PC freezes; Self-built and BSODs pinpoint cause. of the crashes consistently happening during a certain activity I've done quite a bit of troubleshooting but I'm stumped because the error reports don't point to the same thing most of the time I've tried downgrading my graphics drivers and then when that didn't fix the problem updating them to the latest version I've monitored my hardware heat output with several programs and nothing seemed above acceptable levels whether gaming or idle I've scanned for viruses with Norton and Malwarebytes and nothing was found I ran MemTest for hours with no errors found I've tested my hard drive for errors and defects and it Self-built gaming PC having BSODs and freezes; can't pinpoint cause. appears healthy in both software and hardware Before anyone tells me to do so I should mention I haven't tried removing one RAM stick or using another video card but I plan to do so in the next few days I'm just hoping someone can Self-built gaming PC having BSODs and freezes; can't pinpoint cause. give me some useful info from the crash data while I do some physical troubleshooting and maybe someone can even throw out Self-built gaming PC having BSODs and freezes; can't pinpoint cause. some educated guesses as to what may be the cause of the errors I posted a topic on the Windows forums previously but I wasn't really getting much help and it seemed like the guys on that forum were just spouting highly generic troubleshooting info and not anything specific to my problem I do realize troubleshooting a computer is a process of elimination but the guy I talked to was like a robot reading a list of responses Please take a look at the topic here Please help Can't figure out why computer keeps crashing - Microsoft Community And another forum I posted the same topic on Please help Can't figure out why computer keeps crashing - Homebuilt - Systems My system specs can be found on my profile page I filled out everything that I could I attached the SevenForums analyzer's report to this topic but let me know if any additional info is required for troubleshooting I had a lot more BSODs than just what's indicated in that folder like quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT quot crash etc but I accidentally deleted the dump files with CCleaner before I knew anything about dmp files so the ones in the folder are just the dmp files created from the crashes I've had after a certain point the system freezes leave no dump files and only show up under the reliability monitor as quot windows was not properly shut down quot Any help is greatly appreciated I'll die of a stroke soon if I can't figure out the problem with my computer

A:Self-built gaming PC having BSODs and freezes; can't pinpoint cause.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 6, 0, fffff88004c886b9}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1b46b9 )

Code:
0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04ad4000 fffff880`0557c000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Sat Feb 09 23:13:08 2013 (5116D804)
CheckSum: 00A90CB0
ImageSize: 00AA8000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Install the latest WHQL driver:

Quote:
Version: 314.22
Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : March 25th 2013
In Device Manager: 9.18.13.1422

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton
Norton is known to cause BSODs, use these free security programs, these are the most stable programs:

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.
Use the Norton Removal Tool - Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284078-self-built-gaming-pc-having-bsods-freezes-cant-pinpoint-cause.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys so I've built this rig and I just went ahead and booted it up got windows 7 ultimate x64 and i'm really not sure whats going on. the ram, graphics card, and processor are from an old computer that used to run perfectly fine. Now with a new mobo/hdd i'm getting blue screens whenever anything intensive happens. But even just watching a YouTube video will cause bsod eventually. I think it may be driver related. I've tested the ram and found that's not the problem. I really could use some help. it's not my cpu overheating either

I have tons of minidump files. Should I just post them?
edit: posted the wrong zip fixed now

A:Custom built rig BSOD on gaming/benchmarking brand new

I updated the bios, reinstalled my realtek 81111f drivers updated my amd chipset drivers reinstalled nvidia drivers direct x drivers I could really use some help, Thanks!

update: I think the bsod's have stoped, now my cpu is always on full blast, its impossible for me to play any graphic intensive games despite my specs the best I can handle is 2d, I wonder what the problem is now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281572-custom-built-rig-bsod-gaming-benchmarking-brand-new.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I got a brand new custom built computer only 3 weeks ago, but the graphics card included: amd radeon HD 7700 stopped responding every so often. However today, the screen froze and multiple artifacts appeared across the screen. I then turned the computer off so as not to cause any damage that may occur.

The computer specs are as follows:
Spec :-Case :Mars Midi Tower Case Red Led Fans
Power Supply : 500 Watt With Power Cable Supplied
Motherboard : Asus M5A78L-M USB3
CPU : AMD Piledriver FX 4350 4.2Ghz Quad Core CPU (turbo 4.3Ghz)
Hard Drive : 500gb Sata Hard Drive
Memory : 4gb DDR3 1600mhz Branded Memory
Graphics Card : ATI 7750 2gb ddr3 (Tripple screen support via DVI / HDMI / DISPLAY PORT)
Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer

Has anyone got any ideas for what I should do. This happened to my old computer and I left it to the point where the card blew completely.

A:Custom Built Rig - FreshTech Gaming Computer - Amd Redeon HD 7700

What kind of PSU are you using can you find the make and model

Could be a number of issues but the PSU is the first guess if it is cheap then it probably is that

If not the PSU next step is to try the card in a different machine if it works fine then it would be a problem with your new set up either bad drivers not enough power to the card or a bad PCI-e slot or even a bad card

A bad card would render a TDR Timeout Detection Recovery if they driver crashes multiple times and this is what you get either over clocking can help or t he card simply is broken

The HD 7 series had many problems t hat gave it what you are referring too try to overclock the 2d settings and see if it goes away

BTW you mentioned artifacts the card might be broken already

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/298582-custom-built-rig-freshtech-gaming-computer-amd-redeon-hd-7700-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Greetings All I posted this over at both the MSI and TomsHardware forums as I think it's a hardware issue but I want to make sure it's not Z170a or 960 MSI Gaming GTX 100ME 3 GAMING Issue? a Windows issue so I'm MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue? going to post it here in case anyone has some thoughts or ran into a similar issue in the past Gents I've run into an issue on a new build that I can't nail down and need your advice on my next steps so I'll try to give you all the information I have and what I tried This is a NEW build that was built about weeks ago Everything ran fine until today when it all went wrong after a game lockup Everything worked fine today when I booted up so I decided to play Witcher which I've been playing with no issues with the exception of a freeze for a second or two in big cities when the CPU hit's but those are few Anyway at the main menu screen not playing yet today it locked up for the first time Had to use reset button as CNT-ALT-DLT didn't work and on reboot the problem appeared Problem No matter what I do I can't get GTX out of X resolution safe mode or resolve it's conflict Description of how it Boots Events Starting the PC powering on this is what happens between devices The GPU lights up and monitor is Blue active Four seconds later GPU lights OFF VGA on motherboard turns RED and Monitor goes AMBER no signal Six seconds later GPU lights ON RED VGA light goes OFF and Monitor goes Blue active At this point it loads the bios screen at X resolution and same if I enter windows With or Without the Nividia drivers installed I can not change the desktop resolution and device manager reports the device is disabled and conflicts All functions on quot Change Display Settings quot beyond X is quot greyed out quot and under quot Properties quot it's all blank Checking quot resources quot it's conflicting with the Intel CPU resources Also on boot-up a small graphic glitch appears on the screen for a few seconds wide lines then goes away Steps I've taken and it's result Removed and Reinstalled Drivers NONE Removed and re-seat GPU NONE Double Check voltages from PSU for stability fine v on rails NONE Remove all drivers and the card reboot and let Windows install it's own NONE Installed and Reinstall drivers through device manager NONE Ran SFC to check for corruption NONE Swapped out for a known good SEE BELOW Now Here's where my trouble shooting skills are at a loss Thinking it's now a GPU issue I removed all drivers and installed my old GTS to test GTS Boot events Power PC Motherboard VGA RED and Monitor Blue active Three seconds later VGA RED goes OFF and enters BIOS and Windows at high resolution Installed Nivida drives rebooted and checked settings in device manager and desktop and it's all fine at X At this point thinking the GTX is the issue which it still may be I installed it without nvidia drivers in another PC running Windows to test and it worked fine in that PC at a higher resolution NOT X as that monitor didn't support it with default Windows drivers So the card works in the other PC but not my new build at the moment worked fine for weeks and my older GTX card works in the new build which I'm using now which suggests the motherboard is not the issue or is it As the bios screen is effected by the issue before Windows loads this suggests a hardware issue not software I have close restore point from days ago but I'm not a novice PC builder so my gut is telling me it's a hardware issue so it's worthless to restore since it won't address the issue and the GTX I'm running right now works fine at those settings Thoughts Advice Next Steps PC Specs MSI Z a Gaming bios ver A G Skill Ripjaws V Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Intel Core i - M GHz LGA MSI GeForce GTX DirectX GTX GAMING ME Rosewill DU watt PSU Windows Pro bit SP Updates Hanns G HG X hz Connected via DVI to HDMI cable Nvidia Driver Version Side Note As someone mentioned this before The power supply I'm using Rosewill DU wa... Read more

A:MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

7-31-2016 Update

Well no one replied yet to my post but I did some more testing and the result is as follows.

I did some more troubleshooting and cleared the CMOS, swapped monitors, tried another HDMI cable and reinstalled the 960 into the new build for testing but it still did not solve the issue. Still locked at 800X600 with error code 43 (Windows disable the device because of problems) in device manager and I'm concerned about how the card itself boots and lights the RED VGA led on the MSI board. I retested it in that PC that has the 600watt PSU and an Asrock board and while it did work at a higher resolution the card behaves suspiciously during powerup as.

1. Power on All Fans and MSI logo light up.... Monitor is Blue (active)
2. 5 seconds later MSI logo goes off... fans still spinning.....Monitor is Amber (No Signal)
3. 15 seconds later MSI logo comes on......Monitor goes Blue (active)
4. Once Windows loads fans stop spinning. (Normal)

**Note** This is similar to the way it boots in the problem system (no RED led on Asrock board)

So 20 seconds total to initiate a stable signal to me is problematic and this is on the test PC not the one I built BUT I still can't rule out a problem with this MSI motherboard as that RED VGA led still comes on for a few seconds when the GTS 450 is in there (even though it works fine) and I can't find an answer to if that's normal. Sent a "support" request to MSI and their reply was "Try the card in another system and try another card in your problem system" lol. They must not read carefully as this was already covered....hahaha.

So... I need some suggestions besides those I tried and if anyone has a MSI Z170a Gaming 3 board can you please post your startup sequence and let me know if it lights the RED VGA led light on startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399131-msi-z170a-gaming-3-gtx-960-gaming-100me-issue.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 71.81%

ok so let me just throw my budget out here est I'm not sure i could be more or less thats just a rough idea MY NEED I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at - atleast And i want it to be able a Gaming Low budget. Building Computer Gaming Help. to play grand theft auto v I need help in the costs of the parts im choosing if it can be better then please suggest parts Any way I need Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. help Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. in every aspect RAM I know what RAM is Im going for to gb will ddr do the job how much will it cost Processor I believe that a i should be okay a ghz one its around right Should i pick another one GPU okay so currently I have in my laptop a Nvidia m Its an integrated card I obviously want a dedicated one Im not sure which to pick please recommend a card hopefully from Nvidia What does bit bit mean in GPUs And what memory should the card have gb EDIT i found this card http www geforce com hardware desk geforce-gt its price is around can i go for this HDD at the time of purchase Im thinking about gb hdds because if i need more I'll simply attach more so thats not a problem MotherBoard I know s it about these things My plan is to tell my desired parts to the guy at the shop from where im buying and getting it built i'll just tell which parts I want Then he'll just choose a good enough mother board for me is this ok Did i miss anything please help me

A:Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.

The only thing that's missing is the power supply (the "PSU"), but we should wait until you select a CPU and video card - especially the video card. The PSU is an investment, so we have to make sure it's a good one.

Anyway,

RAM:

Go for a 2 x 4 GB kit or 2 x 8 GB kit. Your only choice right now is DDR3. The cost can vary from roughly $50 USD give or take $10-$20 to almost $200 USD and more.

CPU:

Which i5? 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, or 4th Generation Core i5? The cost should be at around $200 give or take $10 to $20 USD.

Video card:

Try to avoid being loyal to one side or the other (NVIDIA or AMD) because some AMD GPUs are way better, but some NVIDIA GPUs are better.

The 128bit or 256bit is the bandwidth of the memory. The higher the number, the faster the memory can be in some ways.

The amount of memory you'd want is about 2GB, yeah. The more the merrier, but it mostly benefits textures.

You can go for any video card you want, but the GT 640 might not be an appreciable upgrade from the 410m. You'll notice it, but I dunno...

HDD:

Yeah, this is a little bit of a personal thing because take me for example: I have two 60 GB solid state drives and it's all I need. One is for Windows and programs, and the other is for things like My Documents and even my desktop.

Like the power supply, the hard drive is a bit of an investment, so try to get good ones.

Motherboard:

Not really. I would also like to see you build it instead of making someone do it for you. That way, you can make sure it's done right the first time. You won't need to know how to do anything because you can lean on us.

I also recommend posting this thread over on Overclock.net, but make it clear that you're not overclocking. They are very good at building computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297530-building-gaming-computer-gaming-low-budget-help.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 69.23%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So I m new to the forum and I was hoping my issue can be resolved or at least get some insight on what is causing my PC to crash The rig is brand new and I just installed windows and updated everything so it s getting really depressing gettting your new PC to crash this much During gaming or watching videos or downloading heavy programas i e Games my computer will just freeze out and I can t task manager out of it the only way out is to turn it off my holding the power button Sometime when watching a video it ll crash and a sound just loops from the speakers in the screen I ve tried Changing RAM sticks and only using one Re installing windows and all the drivers WhoCrashed doesn t give me any crash reports not even when I had it open and the PC crashed Specs http speccy piriform com results vF GuRJcFeP FEXkKQf rIZ Any type of insight would really be apreciated

A:New Gaming Rig crashes during gaming and videos

Here is a review on Newegg, about your motherboard ?
That may shed some light on your problem you are having.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3972564

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630217/new-gaming-rig-crashes-during-gaming-and-videos/
Relevancy 69.23%

HI BleepingComputer,

I recently bought a new gaming computer. I am really happy with it, but when I tried to test her out with some new games, my whole computer crashes. The games I tried it with are League of Legends and Counter Strike Global offensive. Here is a speccy for anyone intrested http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qLb4kYSzKDwZyFeBstSWHDf. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Luke

Edit: I think it has to do with my graphic card; when run speccy while playing csgo it registered 97 degrees. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gaming Computer crashes while gaming

Look at the event viewer to find which part of you PC causes the problem, read this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562532/gaming-computer-crashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Forum,

I have build a Gaming PC and i was trying to use the MSI Gaming app. It worked but nowadays when i change the mode it gives me an instant BSOD. i have uploaded the BSOD .zip file as instructed.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Jan L

A:BSOD when starting MSI Gaming App and change to gaming mode or OC mode

I already have runned the memtest. i had 10 passes and 0 errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335313-bsod-when-starting-msi-gaming-app-change-gaming-mode-oc-mode.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi and thxs for entering to this topic. plz help me looking for the best or very good gaming parts for my pc try to make my pc operative for 100% games at max setts.
My pc now is way outdated, i only have $1600.

PC specs now:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Dual Cpu 1.60ghz perfomance rate at 2.4ghz
Mainbord: Intel D945gcnl
Memory:1016mb (1gb)
Video Card: Intel 82945g (128mb) is almost not having a video card
Hard Drive: 160gb

A:Help me upgrading my not for gaming pc to a gaming pc!

if what you are saying is that you want to upgrade your old machine....i would not attempt to do do that. with $1600 you can build a gaming behemoth that will play anything on max settings. this is about $1100 which leaves you plenty for a 24" monitor and CD/DVD drive if you need them. you could also add a SSD if you want to improve load times as well. The GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P also has 2 PCIE slots for a future Crossfire/SLI upgrade. Also, if your not in a huge hurry, you might want to wait until March to see how the GF100's perform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128409
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161301
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-upgrading-my-not-for-gaming-pc-to-a-gaming-pc.141913/
Relevancy 64.07%

hey i was wondering if you could help me with a small problem ive been having. i use a 8600gt on vista ultimate and have been using it for 1 year, but ive experienced a much slower gaming experience on games like cod 5 and gta 4 with vista ultimate and windows aero, yet when i reverted to using xp my problems were solved, but since windows vista basic doesnt use aero, would the gaming experience be any different on vista basic than it is on windows xp? thanks a bunch , raiyan =)

A:Vista gaming vs Xp gaming

Well i read that only the vista can use the all power of the new directx, so it should be better for games, anyway Windows Vista is heavier than the XP, even if you disable the Aero. How many RAM do u have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gaming-vs-xp-gaming.792726/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I just bough a P2370HD properly 1080p in don't Monitor SyncMaster 1080p. work screen for my computer I am using Windows Professional bit Radeon HD GB graphic card Using HDMI cable And I was hoping to get Monitor SyncMaster P2370HD 1080p don't work properly in 1080p. a great screen in x resolution by buying this screen After reading like reviews on google search it was a great match to my demands Then I got the screen and tested it However when I selected to Monitor SyncMaster P2370HD 1080p don't work properly in 1080p. run in x the quality was horrible I try to do print screen but only the analog display is horrible not the results on the computer However if I tune this down to x resolution it looks great But I want to have the full x effect not the x effect I checked the drivers and it says my latest driver is quot quot Witch looks like a recent date I have tried to google any specific drivers for this screen for vista Win that got a newer date than my drivers Without any luck I try to google other people who have same problem as me however I only get to x different reviews of this monitor fake driver download repair sites and such things I got very mixed up feelings about this I do not know if I shall try to deliver back the screen or that x p isn't for computers Or maybe HDMI cant run x p Is it a malefactor fault Shall i just stick to the screen and appreciate that it works good in x I mean it isn't that much lower But I keep dreaming that the screen is originally made for p and that the screen quality will be even better once I get it to x than with x Since I keep thinking pixels pixels A screen that advertise itself as a p product should have approx mill pixels So when it tunes down to mill pixels quality should reduce Isn't pixels hard-coded into the screen

A:Monitor SyncMaster P2370HD 1080p don't work properly in 1080p.

the latest driver on AMD's website is dated 9/15/2010. it probably wont solve your problem, but it cant hurt to try.

ATI Radeon

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/119457-monitor-syncmaster-p2370hd-1080p-dont-work-properly-1080p.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay this is the second time with a different game this is happening at very specific points in the game My Laptop's screen blacks out and goes off the computer stays on with lights and stuff but the screen just stays off like when you put off a pc but the fans keep running I then have to forcefully power my pc off to put off the entire system I don't think this has anything to do with my Laptop's temperature as I've just had the vents and Off PC Gaming While Going heat sinks ventilated recently also cause the laptop goes off at just one scene in a particular mission in both games Assassins Creed and Far Cry I don't think its my PC's specs either cause I went through the requirements of these games before getting them Please help me I've not been able to go past the stages in the game where my PC goes off My Laptop's specs HP Envy M - DX AMD A - M GHz GB RAM PC Going Off While Gaming Windows PC Going Off While Gaming -bit

A:PC Going Off While Gaming

We'll see what we can do.

Update the games to the latest patches, if they are not already in that state.

Then please see this thread, run the tool and post (in this thread) the results it gives, regardless of whether or not you've even had a bsod ever:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/38815-pc-going-off-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am not into the gaming experience but I have two questions about it.

The first is why spend so much money trying to make a pc perform like X-box, When for a fraction of the cost you can do any of the same games better on X-box?

And the second part of my question is how can that the manufacturers of X-box make their product so fast and stunning but yet so cheap in contrast to the hugh sums of money people spend to try and make their PC a comparable game box?

A:gaming-why and how............

ballpark570 said:

I am not into the gaming experience but I have two questions about it.

The first is why spend so much money trying to make a pc perform like X-box, When for a fraction of the cost you can do any of the same games better on X-box?

And the second part of my question is how can that the manufacturers of X-box make their product so fast and stunning but yet so cheap in contrast to the hugh sums of money people spend to try and make their PC a comparable game box?Click to expand...

First off if you check the specs for the Xbox, the baseline technologies are inferior to a midrange to expensive computer. If memory serves the Xbox has a 750-megahertz processor. The only significance between is that one is an absolute platform. Which means that you know exactly what you're building the game around. Where as for PCs, youíre building from the lowest common denominator to the highest. Hence why there hasn't been a PC game in existence that didn't need at least one patch!

As I have entered my 20s I've become even more of a casual gamer, but have had a computer since I was 14. The Xbox is the first console since Sega Genesis. I prefer the PC and almost every game out will be made for the PC as well as the major console. Soon I'll try out the Xbox Live network. I suspect that it will be pleasing and for $50 a year, not a bad deal at all. As we all know PC multiplayer gaming is free and there are a tone of community board and voice over IP technology. Netmeeting, Team Speak, I believe ICQ (haven't use the full version in a long while), etc.

The choice is ours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-why-and-how.339981/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am building my own gaming PC with a graphics card that support DirectX 10, but I am not sure I want to go to Vista Home Premium, because I have heard that the graphics power is limited because Vista uses much more system resources for graphics than XP. My question is, what OS should I get, XP Pro or Vista Home Premium?

A:Best Gaming OS

Don't go to Vista just yet if you want gaming.

Wait for a service pack for Vista then get it.

I will stick with XP until a service pack is released.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-os.624322/
Relevancy 51.6%

Im willing to pay up to 400 dollars for a good cpu and I need to know what the best type of cpu might be. I plan to use this primarily for gaming but also for burning cd's and using high speed internet. I've heard that the amd 64fx chip outperforms the dual core by a small fraction in the area of gaming due to the fact that many games only see one core. I also hear that the difference is only marginal and is rarely noticed. What I need to know is if this proccessor is compatible with all older games? Are there any games that fail to work all together with this proccessor? I don't want compatibility issues, but im willing to accept a 5% drop in performance if I get all the great benifets of excellent multitasking ability!

A:What is the best C.P.U. for gaming and.......

You won't get an FX chip for $400, more like $800.

Here is exactly what you want for your price
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103547&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=19-103-547

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-c-p-u-for-gaming-and.439093/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Geeks,

Listen i have a pretty decent gaming rig, however im having some serious problems with my System running Age of Conan

3.2ghz P4
4gb Corsair ram
9600 gt evga(nvidia) 1gb

and im getting like 12-20 fps!!!!!

could the hyperthreading actually be slowing me down....all my other games run superb, but Age of conan supports multiprocessing

can i shift to single cpu mode and cancel the HT?

All my dx9, vid drivers and windows is fully up to date
i have even trashed and reinstalled them

running out of ideas, and i cant afford a c2d at the moment

Help me out if you can
thx,
Meditrome

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-gaming-pc-290611.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Not sure if this goes in the XP section of the gaming one, anyway i just bought pro evolution 2008, when i go to install it it says that " The operating system is not adequate for running pro evolution 2008". Can anyone help me with this please.

Im using windows XP 64.
my spec easily meets the game.

A:XP- Gaming

How long since you updated windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-gaming-193739.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Not sure if this goes in the XP section of the gaming one, anyway i just bought pro evolution 2008, when i go to install it it says that " The operating system is not adequate for running pro evolution 2008". Can anyone help me with this please.

Im using windows XP 64.
my spec easily meets the game.

A:XP- Gaming

Hell Raiser said:

Im using windows XP 64.
my spec easily meets the game.Click to expand...

I am not too sure if this is the case, but it could be a possibility that the 64-bit is the issue here.
Have you tried running the game in a machine that runs a win XP 32-bit ??

~a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-gaming.649306/
Relevancy 51.6%

alright here are the 2 sets of ram i cant decide between to get: i want the best ram for gaming so tell me which one to get

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820-145-563&depa=0
thats the first, here the second ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144114
tell me which one i should get please thanks in advance

Relevancy 51.6%

So I Built a New Gaming Rig and I m Having Two Issues with it I lll List Everything I Have Installed and I Hope to God That You Guys Can Help Me CPU - Intel Core i - k Gaming New .... Rig CPU Fan - Cooler Master Hyper EVO Mobo - EVGA -SB-E -KR ATX LGA Mem - G New Gaming Rig .... Skill Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR - HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot SSD - Crucial M GB quot Graphics - EVGA Nvidia GTX s SLI d Sound - Auzentech Home Theatre HD Card Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC- -KKN Black Steel Plastic ATX Full Tower Power Supply - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Power Supply W ATX Optical Drive- Asus BW- B ST BLK G AS Blu-Ray DVD CD Writer Operating System- Windows Enterprise Bit There s Two Major Issues That I ve Run into with this machine so far I m A Certified and this is the first time i ve had this issue One I ve read TONS of overclocking guides and i finally found all the specific settings for my motherboard pertaining to shutting off energy efficiency and power saving modes to even ALLOW overclocking after getting all the right settings it s pretty easy from there Just increase the multiplier and you can overclock it with ease Here s where my problem comes in though Increase Multiplier and voltage to about doesn t work it tests stable with prime but after a few restarts it ll take forever for my machine to restart and i ll get blue screens from time to time Increase the Multiplier and set the motherboard to auto voltage puts my voltage at about the same tests stable no blue screens so far but after about restarts it takes forever for my computer to load up and i KNOW it s the overclock because after i reset the bios settings to default and get rid of it the pc loads up within a few seconds because of my solid state That s ONE of my issues The other one i m guessing would be an easy fix that i m overlooking but i ve Tried a ton of things My Asus Blu Ray Writer is supposed to play blu rays too and i ve tried quite a few pieces of software to get it to work but nothing will make it play blu rays nbsp

A:New Gaming Rig ....

First if you plan to do overclock you should get DDR3 1600 or higher RAM instead of DDR 1333.. And your system is fast enough.... Being A+ Certified you should know system stable is the major important...

Second issue is what software you use to play bluray disc.... Window 7 not come with any software to play bluray... I don't know what software Asus COme with .... By mostly use CyperLink... They come with a Diagnostic to find what problem you have...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gaming-rig.1039237/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi Well this problem is related to games but its wount be the games causing the problem My problem is i seem to get odd lag i play differnt games and here some of the examples For those of you who know but Carom D is a online pool game and one of the games i like to play but i experience big lag for some odd unknown reason the lag happens when i finish my turn off and goes on to the next person but there isn t any lag from them to me st i thought it might gaming lag odd be a connection problem so i tryed installing it on another computer on the same network and it worked odd gaming lag fine no lag nothing So i thought it must be something on my computer lagging it so i reinstalled graphics card drivers direct x c the game norton firewall and my service pack and its still the same I also play unreal torunament and i have recently been experincing chat lag on it ie i type odd gaming lag something and it gets displayed mins later and no one else is getting this i never used to get this So now im not sure what to do next or how to go about finding odd gaming lag out where the problem is any ideas Thanks ipatriot nbsp

A:odd gaming lag

My gaming lag was due to my viri and sppyware which i never new were there, please do the following:

Ewido Security Suite

*Download Ewido from http://download.ewido.net/ewido-setup.exe
*This is a 30day free trial to use.
*At the end of the scan, a log will come up, post the log on here

PandaScan

*go to http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
*complete the scan and post the log that you can save afterwards in the same way you did the HJT log.
HijackThis
*Download HijackThis from http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip
*Unzip the file and install it to C:/ProgramFiles
*Click on scan and save a log
*When the txt file comes up, copy all and paste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-gaming-lag.386039/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, i love playing games on my PC at home but I donít really know much about them (e.g. graphic card model)

Anyway recently Iíve been trying to play me game and after about 10 seconds of playing the screen starts to flash up with black parts and the screen becomes all distorted making my games unplayable, this also does the same with videos.

Could anyone give me a hand? Tell me what is wrong?

All I know about my PC is that itís operation system is windows XP and its Packard bell, I donít know how to find out anymore

Your help would be much appreciated

Relevancy 51.6%

Are these good parts for a Gaming PC? (Buying on Amazon)

EVGA GTX 660 Signature2 LE 3GB

Core i3 2120

ASRock Z77 Pro 3

Lite-On DVD-RW

WD Blue - 1TB

Kingston HyperX 8GB

Corsair CX500

NZXT Source 210
--Thanx, m3owm1x3r

A:Sub-$700 Gaming PC

Seems like a great build.

The i3 is something I'd be itchy about, but for gaming it should do fine.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/16553-sub-700-gaming-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m going to be building myself a gaming computer but to be honest it will be my first build Could anyone tell me if the parts I picked are alright compatiable I want to make sure it ll run when I get build it I also think its going to need more cooling but I don t know much about cooling so could someone help me there My buget is about - I want to stick to Pentium Case ASYS BW Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Motherboard MSI P N SLI-FI Socket T LGA ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Processor Intel Pentium D Smithfield MHz FSB x MB L Cache LGA Dual Core EM T Processor http www newegg com Product Product asp Help Gaming Rig Item N E Memory the one nd down DDR PC - CL UNBUFFERED NON-ECC DDR - V Meg Gaming Rig Help x http www crucial com store ListParts asp mfr MSI Micro Gaming Rig Help Star amp model MS D v Ex P N SLI DFI Graphics Card eVGA -P -N -AX With Battlefield Bundle Geforce GTX MB -bit GDDR VIVO PCI Express x Video Card http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor WD GD GB Gaming Rig Help RPM MB Cache Serial ATA Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E DVD Drive NEC Black IDE DVD-Burner http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Could anyone let me know if this will work Of course OS would be Windows And again I don t think theres enough cooling there so any help there Okay I put in the product names nbsp

A:Gaming Rig Help

I'd recommend actually listing your parts (as well as providing the links) so that we can see what you are buying without having to click on all those links.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig-help.35310/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have permanent trouble to connect via Windows XP VPN to a friend to do LAN gaming Many different Game software cannot see the game created on the other side The setup is Game - PC - Router - Internet - Router - PC - Game we installed DMZ for both we put VPN LAN Gaming?? for both on the same subnet x and made sure there were no conflicts we tried to connect VPN for LAN Gaming?? to the VPN in different directions and swithc on who is starting the server but no help The following things are odd When one connects to the VPN the status of the connection shows the same IP for client and server Is that normal Also we cannot use the windows folder sharing why Is there a step-by step explanation what MUST VPN for LAN Gaming?? be VPN for LAN Gaming?? there to do LAN gaming Who has to connect Is this a server client relationship at all what other things have to be active to make everything work thanks

A:VPN for LAN Gaming??

many games over the years have required the host to remove there router. as far as using a virtual private network, i dont even know that it can be done. why not play outside the vpn? i may be wrong but i think you are making this way to hard. lan parties dont even need the internet. you all just hook into 1 router or hub and have the host create a new server and boom-your racin or killin or whatever. what game are you trying to play?

are you sure you mean lan gaming or are you trying to play over the internet? lan is if you are all in the same room with your computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vpn-for-lan-gaming-31825.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi friends I m going to build a gaming rig amp I m short-listing here all the components I m going to buy plz suggest if I ve overlooked anything AMD FX plz don t suggest Intel as I just can t stand that brand ASRock Extreme MoBo Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM x GB SSD - Samsung Series GB HDD - Seagate Barracuda TB amp TB amp my old WD GB Cooler Master TPC CPU Cooler Lite On BD Writer NZXT Phantom Series full tower cabinet last but not the least thinking of PSU - Cooler Master GX W is it compatible with will it be enough for a little gaming note that I m not planning to overclock at all but want to make it future-proof as best as A gaming new rig I can somewhere I read that this particular PSU is compatible only with Intel is that true if so plz suggest a similar or better PSU for my rig am I missing something what else do I need to complete my rig yesterday I posted this same question but apparently it vanished from the forum I tried hard to find it but couldn t so I m posting again amp if my previous post is A new gaming rig still alive then very very sorry for my double-post plz help me friends waiting for ur valuable reply I m just a noob here amp also in building rigs so if I m doing anything wrong plz bare with me God bless u all oh forgot to mention I m using Win Ultimate -bit amp my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce not going to change it for some time nbsp

A:A new gaming rig

1 request. plz suggest me good & trusted online shopping sites & if remotely possible then from India. bcoz not many sellers sell world-wide & I'm an ebay member, but I do not trust them with costly items. several times they failed me. (read cheated me intentionally & I couldn't do a thing about it !!!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-gaming-rig.191125/
Relevancy 51.6%

So heres the thing it has been about years since I last built computer I was cruising through google searching for mobo info and happened upon this nice little site here I read a couple of forums and decided to join you guys seem so helpful that I thought I would ask reccomendations as to my entire system As of right now im planning on spending between and dollars I know I want to go with a quad core CPU but as of yet have not decided which model I would also like an after market CPU cooling fan the mobo people keep telling me nforce is the way to go I would like dual graphic cards built in PC, new gaming My help sound is fine like i said i havent built a rig in about years so i have no idea to whats good or not w graphic cards As for ram and memory im open My new gaming PC, help to suggestions this system has to put fallout s spec to shame hopefully and stand up to diablo when that comes out years from now or so so i would like a system thats goin to last in advance thx for the help nbsp

A:My new gaming PC, help

seems stupid not to ask i had my eye on a nice case. but I am looking for a well vented box so if you have any suggestions as to that lmk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-gaming-pc-help.138440/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok building a new system for work and gaming I have a spare copy of XP 32-bit home edition and want to know is XP able to use a quad core it will be an amd socket am2 or am2+ thanks

A:XP for gaming?

Yes it will definitely run with a quad core. One thing you can do is download a "meter" (XP widget or sidebar gadget) that monitors each core, and show you what percentage each core is utilizing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-for-gaming.1001797/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've had this Dell computer for 8 years now. So I've decided to go all out on a new gaming rig. Let's get to the point, here is what I'm thinking for the basic components:

Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Tower
EVGA 780i Motherboard
QX9650 Intel Quad-Core
2x Seagate 7200.11 in raid 0
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-1066
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850W PSU
Xi-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card

Now I'm torn on what do do about the Video setup. Should I mess with SLI? Or just get the best single Nvidia card I can get?

I have about $3k budget, computer will run at stock speeds for a bit until I learn how to overclock it.

Also, should I go air or water cooling?

A:Help with New Gaming Rig Please

on the video, go for a good one, SLI is just a way for the video card companies to get more money out of u.if u have that much u want to spend this would be a great card,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143128

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-gaming-rig-please.104729/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay, I've been wanting to upgrade my PC for gaming, but my knowledge in this particular department is very lacking. I was told on another forum that it wouldn't do a whole lot of good upgrading my PC (a Dimension Dell 2400) because there's only one PCI slot for video, which is a problem apparently, and also, that my OS is tied to my motherboard.

But, I'm mostly interested in games like Neverwinter Nights, EverQuest, etc. (Games that I believe I've heard don't have very high requirements.) So, what I'm wondering is, is it only really high-end games I won't be able play?

And if I am able to play the games mentioned on my PC, what exactly will I need to upgrade? And more importantly, how much will it cost? Keep in mind that I'm quite poor.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys! i want to buy a new gaming pc but i dont really understand how each of components work and how to estimate their value, soo can someone build me a gaming pc by each component in the price range of 600-750 dollars(550-650 euros) Ty

A:Gaming PC, Need Help!

What games are you going to be running and what frame rate and screen size/resolution, and single or dual displays etc? More info needed.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157256.0.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys, these BSOD's have occured when playing blu ray and gaming!
Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.
I have tried to open the dump files but cannot find the right program, any help where i may find it would be gratefully recieved.
Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks in anticipation
Keven

A:blu ray & gaming

Have found sticky and had a look at files, not sure what the first one is. But have uninstaled punkbuster to help combat the 2nd bsod dump, which fits in as I was gaming online with a punkbuster game at the time.
the first time i was playing a blu ray dvd, and may be connected to local power dips we are experiencing at the mo.
any thoughts are welcome still.
p.s. I have updated sound card driers to win 7 support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/33206-blu-ray-gaming.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

i have a gaming pc that i out together and i want to upgrade pretty much all of it.

current specs

MSI SDRAM Motherboard
1 GIG of ram
Pent 4 2.0 GHz
Wester Dig 120 gig HDD
Nvidia GeForce 6800
5.1 card

things i am going to buy, but cant decide on a motherboard

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB
the reason i dont want ATI is because installing drivers can be a pain, my cousin has one and i dont like it, i love my older Nvidia.

i need advice on a motherboard and also
i am going to use the same hdd, sound card and of course new ram going for 4 gigs total and i dont know if i should get a new CPU.

thank you

A:Gaming Pc

If you're wanting a GAMING computer:

1. Have you considered switching to the Athlon lineup? Not really necessary, as a fast Pentium is also very sweet, but the Athlons do tend to perform a little better in gaming.
2. You won't need 4Gb of ram. 2Gb (dual channel) is really the max you'll ever need.

You mention being uncertain as to whether or not you should upgrade your CPU... I'd say yes. Yours is a little dated. It wouldn't make sense to have a 7800GTX and 4Mb of ram with a 2Ghz CPU. It would be a huge bottleneck on your system.

If you want, give us your budget, and a list of exactly what you would need and we can try and put together your system with you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc.44521/
Relevancy 51.6%
Q: gaming

im playing the sims2 double deluxe well... not really playing it. It stops at 4% of its downloading and pops up an error msg the msg reads :

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:/base/TSData/Res/Locale/Thai/UI/Fonts?FontStlye.ini' from the media. do you want to try to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

and i click retry but the same msg pops up again

please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gaming-490821.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi,
today I'm going to re-install Windows on my second pc. It has got:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @1.86 GHz
- 3 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel @667 MHz
- Asus P5LP-LE motherboard
- Ati Radeon HD 4870 X2 (actually using only 1 core)
- 600W PSU
- 300 GB Hard Drive @7200 rpm
- Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

my question is: what is the best OS for gaming on this pc? My choiches are:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Windows XP Professional 32 bit
Windows XP Professional 64 bit

A:what is the best OS for gaming on this rig?

Hi,

It depends entirely on the games - they need to be compatible with the OS. As a rule of thumb, I would recommend Windows 7 32 bit because:

you only have 3GB RAM (64 bit won't give you any more benefit)
Windows 7 will allow you to run many applications under compatibility mode
Again, check the specific game requirements - they ultimately dictate the OS used.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265090-what-best-os-gaming-rig.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am planning on building a decent gaming rig with my tax return next year My budget is around but could change Depends on what the boss wife says lol I am hoping that all of these parts will work well together Here it is CPU AMD Phenom II x BE Ghz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM G Skill GB DDR http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Disk Drive MSI x DVD Burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Total Price I am hoping that Gaming Rig $1,000 all of this will be sufficiently $1,000 Gaming Rig powered by the W PSU I am thinking so but not positive Will be getting another after awhile for CrossFireX setup $1,000 Gaming Rig I am sure that pricing will be very different in the several months between now and tax season but will just bump some parts to better ones if I can stay in the same range Do you folks think this build will be pushing some high frame rates nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-000-gaming-rig.138573/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, i got a new power supply for my pc because my old one broke, i went from 650W to 500W, and whenever i play games online (counter strike source, league of legends) i get network lag on my ventrilo, but when i minimize the game, the lag stops, and when i close the game, the lag stops. i was wondering if it was because of my new power supply, or just my network, my specs are

ATI radeon hd 4830
AMD phenom 8450
2gb dual channel ocz 800 mhz ram
Asus m3n78 (i think ^^)

im still using pci-e and 20+4 pin motherboard connector, i havnt really changed much except the power supply itself.

so whats the problem?
thanks.

A:Gaming lag [PSU]

i think it might be your internet lacentsy...
coincidence..

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/271032-gaming-lag-psu.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hey can anyone please tell me that , can I play games like crysis 3, battlefield 4 and thief with graphic card geforce 940m with 720p and 1080p resolutions . Is HP pavilion ab 030tx a good notebook for gaming.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey i have a question .

i have been looking aorund trying to get some real answers about CTR & TFT monitors . it seems at this point that i am 50 %-50 % for a TFT and against a TFT .. im thinking about buying a new 1 ( Monitor ) ASAP ..
i foud this 1 at my local shop ..

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=38055

I think it would be great to have but i also can get a CRT 21'' for 1900 SEK
and the above is TFT ( link ) is 3300SEK

i am a mad gamer aand want to know if this purchase would be a great 1 or should i stick with the 21'' CRT for gaming . thoughts suggestions , all are welcome .
Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crt-tft-gaming.333500/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!

I will be buying a new PC and will be playing WoW or EQ2. Maybe even Vanguard. When it comes to hardware, I'm not very knowlageable. I have two choices and would like your opinion on which one to get.

HP:
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66GHz)
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE, TV-Out, DVI, VGA
Ram: 4GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024)

Dell:
2. AMD Athlonô 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+
Video Card: 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro
Ram: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 4DIMMs

Please note that I only play MMO's and not games like Doom. Also, I can only afford to pay about $1900.00 USD for my new PC. That is why I only listed the two PC's above.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I'm thinking on upgrading my pc, so i want to start with a graphic card. Mine at the moment is Radeon Hd 4800. So I'm thinking on buying between
ASUS HD5450-SL-2GD3-L / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / PCI-E 2.1 / 2GB DDR3 / 64-bit / Core 650 MHz / Memo 900 MHz / D-Sub / DVI-D / HDMI / HDCP / Low Profile or
ZOTAC GeForce GT 610 Synergy Edition, 1GB DDR3, (64 Bit), DVI, HDMI, LitePack. Btw if my mother board run Radeon Hd 4800 should it run these ones too?

Relevancy 51.6%

Pls let me introduce my Laptop. it has 1.90 GHz and 512 MB RAM ( 32 for Graphic so 490 remain for main memory) , no graphic card.

Problem is that when it run more than hour, it become hot! Keyboard of my laptop can sence it! If you use little longer than this, laptop is turn off without giving a warming. no time for save. A little game can turn off! !!!

Help Me with my problem

A:Please Help Me with gaming

Don't know how old it is but here are some things to consider....

If the intake fan is at the bottom raise the laptop up to get more ventilation

Run the game at lower settings and see

If 1-2 yrs old have you cleaned out the heat-sink and re-newed the thermal paste?

You can get a tray that fits on the bottom of your laptop with built in fans to help keep it cool

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-with-gaming.515944/
Relevancy 51.6%

Whats the cheapest gaming pc u can build ? thats future proof aswell

A:Help with gaming pc

Hey there, What sort of games would you be wanting this computer to play? Trouble is when you say futureproof that instantly makes the price go up massively and also no one knows that the future really holds when it computers to computers so anything could happen. You could aim to build a computer that would play all the latest games at high settings now and in a year it may only be able to play the latest games at medium settings.

Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-gaming-pc.991060/
Relevancy 51.6%

this: iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 505 Desktop PC - AMD AthlonIIx2 240 Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, 22x DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 / Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade

or...

this:Visionman WGMI-1NG701 Gaming PC - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180, 2GB DDR2, 250GB, DVDRW Lightscribe, NVIDIA 9500GT, NO OS, 585 Watts

i found these both at TigerDirect if you wanna look there to see the specs. i cant post the links yet

i only have about a $500 limit

A:Which one of these is best for gaming?

Hi smelly,
what type of games and at what resolution are you wanting to or expecting to game at?
BTW welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-of-these-is-best-for-gaming.136660/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I doanloaded Lara Croft Go on my Lenovo Z50-70 laptop which plays just fine using the keyboard.
I bought Xbox 360 controller of Ebay thinking it may be better than using the keyboard but after pluging it in the usb port I found I could not play the game with it.
Was I wrong thinking I could play games on my laptop with a controller or do I need to find the right games to download/buy.

A:New to PC Gaming

Well Maxal welcome to the forums. As far as I know only controllers made for pc work on computers. Unless this XBOX 360 controller was the PC compatable one. Also some controllers are made only for certain games. I'm not familier with the game you are playing but I'm sure someone else would be able to help you more.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/33466-new-pc-gaming.html
Relevancy 51.6%

sup everyone.

Im about to build a new gaming rig.

So far it looks like this.

CPU : Core i5 I5-750 8 MB (Intel Boxed)
Cpu Cooler : (need some advise here)
M/B : need help here aswell)
Ram : Corsair Dominator 4 x 2 GB DDR3
Video : Sapphire RADEON HD 5850 (1 GB). (should i take 2 or just stick with 1 card, or should i pick something different?)
PSU : thinking 600 - 700W dunno what to pick here.

anyone able to lend a hand with this ?

thanks

A:New gaming PC

The first thing anyone is definitely going to ask you is what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.136687/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, I'm looking to build a Gaming Rig for around £200-£350. I have the monitor, mouse, graphics card and keyboard sorted but I would like some advise with the rest. So far I have chosen:
Motherboard
ASUS M4A88TD-M USB3 AMD 880G Motherboard

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor

RAM

Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

DVD Burner

ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner

Case

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

Cooler Master GX Series 650W
Can anyone suggest any cheaper/cost effective parts that wont blow the budget and the cheapest place to buy them. Also can someone tell me that everything listed will fit together and is compatible. Thanks in advance chaps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-gaming-rig.1012655/
Relevancy 51.6%

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong category i thought it was games because it handles about the quot gaming quot Well I am looking for a computer for gaming only Until now my number one PC is this one Acer Predator But the price is kinda high It's So I was wondering Why don't I make one myself These are the specs of the predator G OS Windows Vista Home Premium Maybe I use the other part of the drive with XP Processor Intel Core i processor Extreme Edition with Intel X chipset chipset GHz System memory Supports DDRIII up to a maximum PC Gaming of GB three-channel support of Gaming PC six DIMMs Graphics x PCI Express x Graphics expansion slots offering a choice to approved ATI or nVidia graphic cards Audio HD and EAX audio support nd Generation Dolby Home Theater audio enchancement featuring Dolby Digital Dolby Pro Logic IIx Dolby Headphone Dolby Sound Space Expander and Dolby Digital Love technologies I O Interface -in- memory card reader for Sony Memory Stick Memory Stick PROTM CompactFlashTM Type I CompactFlashTM Type II SmartMedia SM Secure Digital SD MultiMediaCard MMC and xD Card plus USB port in front Audio connections Six audio jacks channel support rear Lin Out - MIC In front Network Connection USB ports in back and USB ports in front PS USB Keyboard port PS USB Optical Ball Mouse port Firewire port HDD Up to serial ATA hard disk each up to TB supported in a Hotswap drive cage Supports RAID and Optical Station SuperMulti DVD RW with Labelflash technology and Blu-ray Disc optical drive optional Expansion slots x XPCI x X PCIE x X PCIE Size W x D x H Software Adobe Reader McAfee Internet Security Suite -day trial Acer Arcade Live Acer Empowering Technology eSobi Acer Gamezone NTI Media Maker EMI Security CE FCC BSMI CCC ETL Nemko C-tick UL VCCI Then there are sorts of this One costs the other version Genuine Windows VistaHome Premium Intel Core i processor i - Intel X Express chipset NVIDIA GTX MB DDR x DVI GB DDR SDRAM MHz x GB TB HDD rpm x GB Liquid cooling swap cage HDD x Blu-ray ROM DVD-RW Dual Layer Watt power supply incl Belgium Azerty Logitech G keyboard amp G laser mouse color Copper Metallic version Legitieme Windows VistaHome Premium Intel Core i - processor Intel X Express chipset x NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB DDR x DVI GB DDR SDRAM MHz x GB x GB Raptor Krpm strip TB HDD rpm x GB Liquid cooling swap cage HDD x Blu-ray Combo DVD-RW Dual Layer Watt power supply incl Belgium Azerty Logitech G keyboard amp G laser mouse color Copper Metallic I don't know if i should buy it or try and build one myself Hope anybody can give some good support Thanks in advance

A:Gaming PC

unless you know exactly what you are doing, i would leave the building to the pros, i build comps myself, but i wouldnt even know where to start with liquid cooling, unless you have a family member or friend that can build it for you, i wouldnt even attempt it, its a lot of money to just throw away if you mess it up.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/238383-gaming-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello

i have a problem

my pc req is

amd 64x 4500 {2.4ghz}
asus motherboard
2gb ram
nvidia 8500 gt 512 mb graphic card [fatality series]
windows xp 32 bit
my problem is when i play age of empire 3
command and conquer 3
nfs undercover etc
cod world at war

any strategy game my pc freeze i cant use ctrl-alt-del
i need to restartthe pc

but i can play assasin creed gta 4 gears of war etc

but when i play strategy game or any game that i tell u
i can only play only 1or 2 min and its freezes

i dont have fan on my graphic card it has heatsink
and i dont have fan on cabinet

i uses pc probe which shows the temp
in graphic card it shws
44*celsisus
and cpu 50*c

so please help me out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-out-for-gaming.785834/
Relevancy 51.6%

Looking for sites that let you custom build a gaming PC.
An example would be http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
Anyone know of any other good sites like this?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-pcs.480707/
Relevancy 51.6%

So I've got Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 32bit
My Pc specs are: AMD Athlon x2 4450e
3GB of DDR2 Ram 663 Mhz (or something close)
250 GB Sata 7200 RPM HDD
EVGA GeForce GT 220
1GB DDR3 PhysX OpenCL and 3D
over clocked to [1001Mhz Core Clock] [2180Mhz Shader Clock]
[1970Mhz Memory Clock]
When I play NFS Carbon With these settings it lags on Maximum only ges 25-35 FPS 28 AVG
On the other hand playing on XP with these same specs one thing different is the EVGA Nvidia GeForrce 7200 GS 512mb DDR2 512mhz Core and 734 Memory clock "not those settings for the 7200 are already OC" With a self built fan on it
it Gets 30-40 FPS 32 AVG which is very strange.

My Power supply is 400 Watts I got nothing else besides 1 graphic card at a time and a dvd drive.

A:Gaming on W7

Ok first, you are talking of two different systems. I can tell as you do not have both of those video cards in the same system.

On your W7 system, what is set to startup automatically?
What is the motherboard that you are using?
What is the make and model of your power supply?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gaming-on-w7-533850.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey looking for a good psu for gaming.
Under £50 and >350 watts
Thanks !

Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought a new PC (about a month ago) and I was wondering if the pc i have currently will be good enough for the newest games in the future.

Anyways, what is your opnion(s) on my specs, and what i should upgrade?

Specs:
---
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Processor 3800+ (Dual core)
2048 MB PC3200 RAM (4x 512MB Modules)
Visiontek ATI Radeon x1300 PCI-E 512MB
350 Watt PSU
Seagate 250GB Hard drive (ST3250823A)
LG LCD Flat-panel 17" monitor, 4ms response time (LG L1732TQ)
Foxconn C51GU01 Series motherboard
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Realtek ALC655 @ nVIDIA MCP51 Audio Controller/sound card
LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9SV DVD-ROM
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D DVD/R/RW CD/R/RW
Linksys WMP54G Wireless 802.11g adapter
72mm (?) air intake fan/wind-tunnel , standard exhaust case fan,
---

Relevancy 51.6%

Can I run the following games in my laptop and how many fps can I play with it? -left for dead 2-Garry's mod-COD: world at war-battlefield: 1943-StarCraft 2-team fortress 2-enter the gungeon-don't starve-rougue stormers-gunscape Sorry I want to really ask you guys if I can run those because I lost my trust in system requirement testers in the internet because they once told me that my netbook isn't qualified in the minimum requirement in broforce but I did played it just right.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S20-30-gaming-help/td-p/3367000
Relevancy 51.6%
Q: Gaming.

ey. Well i have Window's 7 and just got a new hp desktop. And i play games that work with Java software. And on the games i cant type letters, its only types numbers like "asdfghjkl" would come out like "123456789" can you help me out?

A:Gaming.

Is numbers lock on? If so try turning it off, then hold down on the shift key when turning it back on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gaming-588778.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I've put together a gaming PC with some help from the buying guide here on Techspot, now I'd like to know if the components will work together/if something is totally wrong...

Motherboard: ASROCK S1155 P67 DDR3 SATA6 USB3 GBE ATX
CPU: INTEL CORE I5-2500K 3.3G 6M LGA1155 BOX
Graphics: CLUB 3D HD 6850 PCIE 1GB DDR5 COOLSTREAM
Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (soundcard really necessary? or can I save some money and skip it without too much trouble?)
Storage: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 12 1TB SATA3 7.2K 32MB
SSD: CORSAIR FORCE 3 60GB 2.5" SATA3
Memory: CORSAIR DDR3-1600 2*4G CL9 KIT XMS3+CHS
Case: CM ELITE 430 MID TOWER BLACK
Power: CM GX PSU 650W 12CM ATX12V2.31 80+BRONZ
Optical: OPTI 5280S DL DVDRW 24X BLACK SATA

Budget is a little stretched, can I save some bucks somewhere without too much negative impact on performance?

Regards

A:New gaming PC

You can definitely do without the sound card imo. Its really a terrible time to buy Hard Drives now as well, they've essentially tripled in price since the floods. I'd say if you have a spare Hard Drive to use that for now until prices come down some. I'd personally hold off on the HD and just upgrade my SSD choice http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148442 is pretty cheap rite now. Besides that great choices on components, have fun

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.175417/
Relevancy 51.6%

First off let me apologize if this has already been brought up and discussed i was referred to this site by a friend and i ve not done much backhistory in the topics If this has been discussed please just post the topic link and i ll continue there I ve been doing some serious thinking about getting a quot LCD Monitor However while at a friends house who owns a quot LCD and Gaming CRT's vs 3d LCD in watching him play LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming Warcraft III i thought holy god this looks awful compared to my CRT He said it was the lack of a decent graphics card which made it look so un-detailed and choppy This i can understand is part of the cause however reading some reviews of modern LCD s the complaint that worries me the most is the Inability to take advantage of Good Graphics cards blackeye So i reckon my question is Do modern Flat Pannels Suck for D Gaming compared with modern CRT s Any response is welcome -Brad nbsp

A:LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming

the refresh rates for the lcd are low compared to its counterpart and that show in games and moving frames
A crt monitor is way better when playing fast games like rtwc,mohaa or something like that
but LCDs have their advantage in still motion(f*** grammer) like rpgs(at least like baldur's gate etc..) and strategy or at work with office and 3d max etc..
it also has the advantage of being ~50-70% smaller (or thinner?)
than the crts counterpart
conclusion:
Use a crt monitor if u play a lot of games with a lot of moving frames esp. if u have ti 4600 that u will get 150+ fps
Use an LCD if ur table is small and u play 2d games or if u work on things like 3d max or photoshop and if u have just raided the bank near by

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-vs-crts-in-3d-gaming.2321/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone im building a new gaming pc for pc new gaming and just wanted your guys opinion on the set up im thinking of going for and if it will all work together as this is still kinda new to new pc for gaming me and new pc for gaming also if i can improve it within new pc for gaming my budget of around - PS Im not interested in overclocking so dont worry about that Motherboard http www scan co uk products asus ta-raid-pcie- - x -dvi-d-hdmi-d-sub-atx-us Processor http www scan co uk products - hz- -gt-s-dmi- mhz-gpu- mb-smart-cache- x- Graphics Card http www aria co uk SuperSpecials raphics Card FREE GAMES productId RAM http www scan co uk products gb pc - - -non-ecc-cas- - - - -xmp- v Power Supply http www ebay co uk itm Powercool omputing PowerSupplies EH amp hash item f Hard Drive http www ebuyer com -seagate- gb-momentus-xt-ssd-st lx not sure what case yet but im edging towards this one http www xcase co uk Zalman-Z -UK-p case-zalman-z htm Alltogether it works out around not including P amp P What do you guys think could i do better is that good enough to play new games on high settings nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I was just wondering of someone could give me some tips on which would be better for "GAMING".

A high end 775 motherboard with a high end core 2 duo cpu,

or an x58 mobo with the cheapest i7 cpu??

thanks.

A:X58 vs 775 - Gaming?

x58 with the i7 920.

You can overclock with it too, just takes some tweaking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x58-vs-775-gaming.116068/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am looking to build a new PC This would be my first time I have a million questions I don t know much about this I ve looked into buying pre-assembled pcs but it doesn t seem worth it The other thing is the sites I was considering apparently are a terrible headache buy Looking to rig new gaming to deal with if they ship you a pc with malfunctioning hardware Thus I would like to build my own What are you Looking to buy new gaming rig going to use the PC for Gaming Software Development Specifically Dota and the upcoming Diablo How much is your budget - This is a big range I don t need top of the line products I want something that has a good performance price ratio and that will be able to run games well for the next - years Where are you located a k a fill out your profile Canada Are you willing to buy online Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build Yes Here is what I currently have that I would consider reusing GPU NVidia GeForce MB Mem if I must but I would much rather upgrade meets Dota recommended GPU spec Would like an HD card HDD samsung sp c GB MB s transfer speed RPM Apparently HDDs are expensive right now because of messed up production I really don t mind re-using this I know that Main Memory accesses are very slow and if I was to purchase a HDD it would have TB store space and MB s transfer speed Will this difference affect the performance much Is main memory accessed that often while gaming or is everything stored in ram Watt PSU I don t know if any of this stuff is reusable so I will paste a few of my current system specs Motherboard Name Asus A N-E PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce Ultra AMD Hammer System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others I m hoping to purchase a big monitor I currently have a -inch monitor that I bought years ago that works very well Wondering what gamers out there s thoughts are on bigger monitors Another monitor would also be nice for programming I would also like a decent headset with mic Not picky with this one but I would prefer it not smother my ears does not have to be noise cancelling The cheapest speakers possible that are still acceptable for movies Have you already bought any parts No Do you have an Operating System OS Yes Windows and bit and Windows XP Would like to run the better option of windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup Not sure Depends on the above I would like to stay away from overclocking if possible since I don t really know how it s done and if it s a good idea if I use my PC for prolonged periods of time at once Other things I would like to mention Here is the processor I was hoping to get Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I Is this processor still too new this having a bad performance increase cost increase ratio from say one of the i s Since I would like the PC to be upgradable is this a good way to go I was looking at the TechSpot Enthusiasts PC recommendation They recommend a case Is this really necessary I don t care at all if it looks nice I just want the cheapest possible case that has proper cooling and can fit all my hardware The other thing is the sound card From my experience the onboard motherboard soundcard is usually sufficient Thoughts When buying a pre-assembled PC it usually comes with a year warranty How are warranties when you buy all the hardware separately How do you tell if the components you want are compatible with one-another Thanks so much I really appreciate any responses and that you took the time to read this nbsp

A:Looking to buy new gaming rig

The i7 2600 will probably take too much of your budget and won't give any benefit over the cheaper i5 2500 for gaming. If you get the 2500K unlocked version and a $30 aftermarket CPU cooler you can easily get a 30%+ overclock.

A $50 case will do just fine, e.g. COOLER MASTER Elite 430, but if you ever think of going SLI or Crossfire in the future you might want to get a full tower case.

Sound card is up to you, personally I couldn't live without mine but depends how much you like your music.

The problem with warranties on pre-assembled PCs is that you have to send the entire PC back, whereas if you bought the PC yourself you can just send the faulty component back. Personally I find warranties vastly overrated and overpriced, either the component is faulty to begin with or it breaks down after 3-4 years by which time it's obsolete and depreciated to 25% of its original value.

In terms of compatibility the only things you need to worry about are the motherboard, RAM and CPU. The i5/i7 2500/2600 use socket 1155 motherboards and DDR3 RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-new-gaming-rig.178034/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello im looking for some advice on what parts i should be looking for to go along with what i already have

i have

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400-cpu
Antec Nine Hundred-case
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA-mobo
mouse keyboard os
monitor

i was leaning towards

EVGA 512-P3-1151-TR GeForce GTS 250-video card
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB-hard drive
LG GH22NP20-optical drive
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W-power supply

also the budget is around $410
thanks in advance for the advice/suggestions

A:New gaming rig

Use a 64-bit Operating System, (if running Vista) and install 4 GB memory, mached to your motherboard's specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-rig.125594/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, i have had my computer for about 4 mounths now and its a p6210f hp. i like to play computer game and now when i try to play a game abery 5 mins it lags out. i have no clue and it just started. its never done this before and it nuthing to do with m,y network because i unplugd it and it still did it!

help please

A:gaming lag

have you installed anything on it lately? it sounds like there's a process that's running in the background that's causing this all of a sudden.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-lag.916261/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been playing games in 3D using nVidia Discover and 3d anaglyph glasses (red/cyan). Everything would be great but there is one thing - colours kinda suck with these galsses as some of the colours are missing. Recently I saw some videos where games are played in 3d too, but instead of using glasses, this 3d uses cross-eye method. So, I'm wondering, is there any programs that can make games 3d by using cross-eye method?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-gaming.154403/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. I recently converted to Windows 64-bit, and am concerned if it will have any effect on the games that I have. They are:

- Fallout 3
- Dead Space

Thanks for your responses.

A:64-bit Gaming

You are fine.

I have ran alot of games through this PC using 64 bit vista. From Call of Duty 5 to the second command and conquer. Everything has just ran fine for me, but you have the option of running games in 32 bit compatibility mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/64-bit-gaming.798044/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm hoping this topic hasn't been beaten to pieces, but a few months ago I installed Windows XP Pro and soon after found I couldn't play a couple of already installed games, as well as get a couple of other things to work such as Create CD and a thing or two with my DVD player. Shortly after I got rid of XP and reverted back to my ME where all these things worked just fine as before. Now I want to reinstall XP Pro but with some help when I run into these same possible problems and others which may crop up. So,,,,,,,,help me please anyone!! Updates? Patches? Tricks? Thanks in advance

A:XP Pro and gaming?

the best way would be to dual boot XP and ME......that way you get the best of both worlds...........if you need any help or info on this,just ask.

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-and-gaming.112091/
Relevancy 51.6%

When win 2k first came out it wasn't very multi media friendly and games didn't work very well on it. Is this still the case or has it improved since then with updates etc?

Relevancy 51.6%

Been looking for a new gaming pc for ages now but they're all so expensive and my pc's pushing 5+ years, still runs well but I want an update.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-038-OE&groupid=43&catid=1080&subcat=

Is what i was looking at but I don't really want to spend £1000 on a pc.

If I bought all the parts myself could I get it cheaper?
regards.

Relevancy 51.6%

i want to upgrade my current system with new MB, CPU, Graphics card. now ive been researching and reading posts and have narrowed it down to 2 MB's. Asus formula and Asus maximus extreme gamers. A Radeon 4850 or 4870 or GTX 9800 graphic card.

The CPU i havent a clue, no experience with them, although i have read some good things about Intel core 2.

So my questions are: what is best out of these selections for gaming? Are they compatiable?

What would a decent cpu be for these MB's.

keep in mind im on a strict budget of $1000.00

It may sound crazy to some of u but i mainly want to be able to play WOW and some other online games without lag and slow frame rates.

A:Gaming MB's vs CPU's

Core 2 Duo is your best choice... speed is up to you
ASUS listed are good boards, but come with less instruction than some other models by other makers...
Spend most of your money on a good graphics card. CPU can be less than perfect. Motherboard is critical... but not as critical as the graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mbs-vs-cpus.121676/
Relevancy 51.6%

Is this setup a good setup? Ill be using this pc for mainly gaming and recording gameplay

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2A7NUOW0CKKLW/ref=topnav_lists_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-pc.1115836/