Windows Support Forum

Solved: V. slow wifi download speed...

Q: Solved: V. slow wifi download speed...

I have un-installed and re-installed my Linksys E wireless N router several times and can only achieve about MBPS d l and MBPS u l data speeds on a year old HP laptop running speed... download V. slow wifi Solved: Windows This is wireless service and the laptop is within feet of the router I have Comcast service on my desktop and my quot connected quot normal d l speed is MBPS with MBPS u l Don Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... t know what Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... else to do I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and get MBPS speed so there is something I m missing in the wireless router setup Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled Any ideas bernsinlanc nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: V. slow wifi download speed...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.85%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I have a ASUS N550JK-DS71T laptop which has about half the download speed with wifi compared to a similar laptop (with a N-type wireless card) right next to it. So this issue is not due to ISP or router. Upload speed is fine.
I used speedtest.net.
Laptop has the INTEL AC 7260 wireless card with the latest driver on Asus website (V17.0.1.5).
I checked the power settings and they are on High Performance.
I have a N-router set to N.

Would you know any settings in BIOS, Windows, INTEL to check/change to fix this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

A:ASUS N550JK-DS71T - slow download speed with wifi

That is a dual-band adapter in the laptop. From the sound of it you have a 2.4Ghz single-band router. Try turning off the 5GHz band on the laptop adapter if there is an option to do so.

Also, there are newer drivers dated August for that adapter on the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...14&ProdId=3714

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55506-asus-n550jk-ds71t-slow-download-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 73.96%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 73.53%

Here's the problem. My laptop is not getting the same download speed that it usually does. I usually get about 2-3Mbs but lately it has been under 100kbs and sometimes out completely. I am using a Netgear wnr2000 wireless router with at&t yahoo as the service provider. at&t says that there is nothing wrong with the connection on their side. The network has a password so nobody but me and two other computers should be using the internet. The two other computers are wired and the 2-3Mbs is what I used to get when they were all running at the same time. I have looked through the old posts and I have only found 1 or 2 people with the same problem as me but there threads have not helped me. Well I'm not to sure what else I can say. Thanks for the help.

A:Solved: slow download speed

OP here. I just ran a speed test on it in Safe mode with Networking and it got 4.75Mbs. So obviously it has something to do with my computer when it is booted normally. Could it be that I have a virus/spyware/adware that is hogging all my bandwidth? I've ran windows defender and AVG and they didn't rind anything. I know thoes arent the most credible programs but I don't have that much money to spend on high end stuff . What can I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-download-speed.860134/
Relevancy 72.67%

I usually get around 250-300 KBps download speed, but all day today its been at less that 15-25 kBps i have no idea why, i have nothing else on download, im running on "up to 20 MBps Broadband" with a "truly unlimited" bandwidth with BT any one any ideas as to why the sudden drop in download speed?

A:Solved: really slow Download speed all of a sudden

I see this is solved. How did you solve it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-really-slow-download-speed-all-of-a-sudden.1042801/
Relevancy 71.81%

when bandwidth tested through www.speedtest.net shows normal download speeds:5.1mbps however actual download speeds are around 12-100kbps, other computers on this network are downloading properly. Troubleshooting steps I have already taken: Tried different router, tried different cables, changed NIC card, disabled QoS packet scheduler, moved computer to different location entirely (friends internet tested at 16mbps on speedtest.net, download speeds were around 600kbps, all other computers in the house were downloading at acceptable speeds), updated drivers

for reference these are my computers specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4ghz)
8GB DDR3 1333
1TB SATAII
ATi Radeon 9890 1GB
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

Relevancy 71.81%

I just got a new Lenovo Ideapad y a few days ago and the internet speed has been incredibly slow from the get-go Loading images on pages takes way longer than it should I can t watch streaming videos that last minutes without it pausing to buffer every - seconds It took about minutes to download a mb file My year old laptop loads everything way faster especially when downloading files I did a ping test on both and everything was about the same except I got a download speed of mb s on the new laptop and between - mb s on the old laptop My new laptop is up to date with the wireless laptop Slow new download brand speed on Solved: drivers and I m not sure what else to try to do to fix it Solved: Slow download speed on brand new laptop Here are the speeds of the new laptop from speedtest net Ping ms Download speed mbps Upload speed mpbs Edit my wireless card is Intel Centrino Wireless N- and the router is linksys wrt n wireless-n nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all Have been searching for days trying to figure my problem but can t find the solution ISP provides us with mb s download speed Both COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Toshiba COLOR blue important laptops COLOR COLOR COLOR used to be able to attain this but after reinstalling windows xp on this laptop it can only achieve mb s The other laptop will get mb s whether connected wired or wireless For the life of me cannot figure what has changed I have installed all windows updates including SP and updated Solved: Slow Download Fast One Other Speed Laptop all drivers via Toshiba and Intel websites It uses the Intel b g network card and the router is a motorola sbg Here is what I have done so far Connecting wired will achieve mb s so it has something to do Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other with the wireless setup Have tried connecting to router with WPA WPA and no encryption but makes no difference Testing right beside the Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other router or ft away makes no difference Have uninstalled reinstalled network card but made no difference Any suggestions would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 69.66%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 68.8%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 68.8%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50- 90%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  My Upload speed however stays the same. Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-download-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 67.94%

I live in an assisted living establishment with wifi furnished free but it isn't the best.I'm showing 5 bars on my computer, but I'm only getting around 1 Mbps and I see a lot of the spinning donut. Are there things that I am able to do or am I at the mercy of the owner. He probably would not be willing to spend a little more cash just to satisfy a few of us old geezers.

A:I've got 5 bars wifi, but only about 1 Mbps download speed.

You have 2 effects - for one the owner probably went with a cheap connection (ask him what it is) and then there are several people connecting to the router which produces contention.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392978-ive-got-5-bars-wifi-but-only-about-1-mbps-download-speed.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey Everyone I have a HP pavilion ab tx laptop The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl BE I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close amp may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects By the time I open the lid and the display turns on the wifi would have got connected I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue os build issue setting issue I have tried things like reintalling the driver from oem site amp also updating it disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter quot tweaking advanced settings in power plans ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans I am facing this issue since the last three days I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote Beta disconnection speed reaches WiFi upon lid /download close 0 amp WIN-Remote Control which enable you to make your WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad While doing this I came across an article where they suggested to enable quot wake on magic packet quot in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled ideal setting as suggested Thereafter I had changed none of the settings I have since uninstalled all those quot pc control softwares reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans disabled sleep quot do nothing quot on lid close amp re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close I really do not understand what went wrong Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue How can I fix it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49002-wifi-disconnection-download-speed-reaches-0-upon-lid-close.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The wifi chipset inside my HP ab tx is a realtek rtl BE nbsp My notebook experiences download speeds nbsp reaching zero immediately upon lid close amp may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects By the reaches WiFi close disconnection lid 0 /download upon speed time WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close I open the lid amp the display turns on the wifi would have got itself connected I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue os build issue setting issue I have tried things like reintalling the driver from oem site amp also updating it disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter tweaking advanced settings in power plans ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans I am facing this issue since the last three days I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote Beta amp WIN-Remote Control which enable you to make your android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad While doing this I came across an article where they suggested to enable wake on magic packet in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled ideal setting as suggested Thereafter I had changed none of the settings I have since uninstalled all those pc control softwares reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans disabled sleep do nothing on lid close amp re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close I really do not understand what went wrong Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue How can I fix it

A:WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

Hi, Most likely the WiFi adapter is turned off when the ;id close (sleep mode). Please try the following steps to turn it to stay on when sleep (a) Go to Device Manager and expand Network adapters,(b) Right click WiFi adapter and select Properties,(c) Go to Power Management tab,(d) Untick "Allow the computer to ......",(e) Click OK Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-disconnection-download-speed-reaches-0-upon-lid-close/td-p/5605211
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Eight-forums Since I installed Windows my download speed gets huge drops My ping and upload speeds are fine but only my download speed has problems I am using a wireless network adapter Asus PCE-N Before I installed W I had no issues at all with it I already tried installing different drivers and I am now using the latest version from the chipset maker Realtek RTL CE-VA version I installed it manually through the device manager I also use the wireless connection g because my router is not compatible with n I do think it is a software based problem because the hardware is only months Unstable WiFi Windows download speed installing 8.1: After old and worked fine on Windows Other computers in my house don't have any instability problems I can maybe use a cable for internet but that would go through my hole house so that's not a solution I added a picture of the ipconfig all maybe it is useful for your guys Here is also a picture of the latest speed-test I did ping and upload are fine but download is very bad it stays at the start for some seconds and then it gets a big peak This test is one of the worse Also here is the graph of the download speed it is really not stable I hope After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed someone finds a solution for me because I am getting really frustrated after some time I also don't want to reinstall I also have heard that many other people have different WiFi problems with Windows Edit I After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed already changed the After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed channel of my router so it is not interfering with each other Greetings killerboye

A:After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed

Have you tried the Asus driver as it seems both the Realtek and the Asus drivers are a bit problematic with Windows 8.1.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download PCE-N15

Windows 8.1 compatibility for Asus PCE-N15 Wireless Network Adapter model

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34205-after-installing-windows-8-1-unstable-wifi-download-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

my new yoga700 14 wifi gets very slow  , it shows 150mbps in the wireless network status, wheras my other laptop can get more than 300mbps connecting to the same router. both laptops are sitting very close to the router without any blocking, the signal strenth is full. my yoga 700 comes with the QCA9377 adapter . The wireless router is linksys e4200v2 working in wireless N 5GHz mode . I have tried installing the latest drivers from lenovo webside and fiddling with the settings in the adapter drivers but no avail. please help 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga700-14-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3374409
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 63.21%

Yeah i'm having trouble with my dell laptop. My download speed is freakishly slow! On my other laptop, my download speed reaches 100KB/s which is normal for my internet speed (1MB). My new speed reaches 5-15KB/s. I actually upgraded from XP to 7. Could someone at least help me? Thanks

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Dell Latitude D630c

A:Slow download speed on 64 Bit

Try updating your network card drivers and power cycle the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234569-slow-download-speed-64-bit.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I m new here and I ve had a look around I did a search and couldn t find anybody with a similar problem I believe this is the right thread but if its not just tell me Ok I am using TalkTalk mb broadband and have set it up for wireless internet around my house Everything used to work fine and I had download speeds of kb s consistantly Recently Over the past or months my download speeds have drop to a fairly consistant yet annoying - kb s I m clueless as to what the problem is If anybody can help me out it will be much appreciated Thanks Kudos EDIT Oh Yeah I m on Windows XP um I have the same download speed on all computers and laptops connected to the Wi-Fi I have tried using download accelerators but they Slow Speed Over Download Wi-Fi literally only add kb s to the speed The actual Internet browsing speed seems fine It s only a problem with actual downloads Thanks Again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed-over-wi-fi.686626/
Relevancy 63.21%

i do a speed check and it says i can get 1.5mbps download speed but when i do download something i only get 195kbps - 24kbps any help on this matter as to why would be a big help

Thanks Aaron

Relevancy 63.21%

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Linux Mint 10 Julia x64

Both tests are taken from the same machine, same everything, besides OS.

Why is there such a difference in download speed?

My windows is fully up to date, correct drivers installed ect ect.
I've tried just about everything I can think of without any success.

Now this is not a major issue. None the less, it would be interesting to find out the cause of it.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

A:Win 7 slow download speed

Quote: Originally Posted by SadLarry

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Attachment 157041
Linux Mint 10 Julia x64

Attachment 157042

Both tests are taken from the same machine, same everything, besides OS.

Why is there such a difference in download speed?

My windows is fully up to date, correct drivers installed ect ect.
I've tried just about everything I can think of without any success.

Now this is not a major issue. None the less, it would be interesting to find out the cause of it.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Probably a network, or wifi driver. If not are you running win 7 in "homegroup using IPv6?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166002-win-7-slow-download-speed.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I think it a cute name Brighthouse has been to PC speed slow on download my house times this past week trying to fix my internet They check the same thing over and over again and say my wifi is picking up Mbps Which is fine BUT my pc is receiving Mbps download speed So I sent my pc to a pc repair shop He fixed it for me He showed me in his shop that my internet connection was at Mbps on his But when I got back home I was still at Mbps My upload was I know it isn t my pc now But BH still is saying it is not on their end I bought a new Ethernet cord a new surge protector and had an electrician slow download speed on PC come out and make sure the actual plug I was using was ok amp it was Nothing has fixed this issue And frankly I m tired of spending money on so-called solutions that are not the solution at all I m so frustrated nbsp

A:slow download speed on PC

I have "Bright House Networks Roadrunner 90" internet service.

With a wired connection, my desktops get upload speeds of 10 - 11 Mbps and download speeds of 90 - 100 Mbps.

With a wireless connection, my laptop gets the same upload speeds, but much lower download speeds.

You didn't say if your computer(s) has a 10/100 Mbps or a Gigabit ethernet device and has a 802.11b/g or 802.11n wireless device.

You may need to check the settings in the Device Manager properties for those devices and make some adjustments.

--------------------------------------------------------

TerryNet or etaf or one of the other networking experts here may be able to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed-on-pc.1128257/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there
I'm having serious problems with downloading files of the net. I just got a new internet connection with 8Mbps download speed but when I try to download something of the net the download speed drops to as low as 200Kbps and a file that took me about 3 min to download before is taking me over an hour now. I tested the internet connection and there is nothing wrong with it. My operating system is Microsoft Vista. Please help.
Zibby

A:Very slow download speed

Have you tried downloading a large file at some other sites to see if the download speed improves?

The site you were at may have been experiencing heavy traffic or a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed.984035/
Relevancy 63.21%

I installed vista and before loading any programs on I am unable to get any sort of realistic connection speed. When i boot to XP i get download speeds of about 250kb/s but when in vista im downloading at speed between 500 bytes/s and 4kb/s. I have done the windows update (took forever) and this is still a problem. I seem to be able to access all sites although some take longer than usual to load.

I've also tryed turning off phishing filter, using firefox, turning off ipv6. Updated drivers for network card also.

I am a medium level computer user so if you suggest sumthing quite complicated you may need to explain yourself a bit more than for an advanced user.

Thanks

A:Very slow download speed

I am a bit lost on what could cause this type of problem in any version of windows, the LAN either works or it doesnt it cant give you really slow speeds unless something else was using the bandwidth or your internet speed was cut-down.

I can suggest downloading a file from your ISP it will give you a very good idea if there are any bottlenecks or errors somewhere between you and the ISP`s servers, the other thing to check would be the adapter itself in device manager and making sure the correct duplex configuration for your cables and router.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/66089-very-slow-download-speed.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay I am having a problem with my wireless download speed I have a desktop pc that has windows pro installed I purchased two different wireless pci n Speed Download slow really cards and both have the same problem My download speed is Download Speed really slow terrible On speedtest net I get maybe mb s My upload speed is normal hovering around mb s I can't Download Speed really slow seem to figure out what the problem is I have or bars on signal strength and my signal speed varies between - mb s I currently have the Netgear WIRELESS-N PCI ADAPTER WN B installed My router is also a Netgear N and the settings are Download Speed really slow set to mb s for speed My laptop also has windows pro installed but has only a b g card that runs at mb s On speedtest net I get mb s down and mb s What gives The upload speeds are the same but something is throttling the download speed on the desktop Is there a setting in windows or the mobo that will change the problem I am using the driver that windows installed for the device It is a broadcom n driver If I connect the desktop with a ethernet cable I get the same speeds as the laptop Thanks for the help

A:Download Speed really slow

open a command prompt and run:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

re run your speed tests and let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73241-download-speed-really-slow.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I upgraded to Windows 8 yesterday and my download speed has dropped from 6+ Mbps (under windows 7) to .25 Mbps (after the upgrade). My WiFi connection has 5 bars. All other WiFi enabled devices in this house still have a 6+ Mbps download speed. I believe that this is an upgrade issue as I did not have this problem before. Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Very Slow Download Speed

I change my wifi mode (router) to b/g instead of b/g/n..that help a bit...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/10913-very-slow-download-speed.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My download speed is very slow.
:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 341 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 512 kB)
Download Speed is:: 42 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2009/06/25 - 12:29pm
Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 24.38 sec
Tested from a 512 kB file and took 12.283 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 34.55 % of your hosts average (acsalaska.net)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-L2U4EQ7X1
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) [!]

Do you know what I can do to correct this problem?

A:Download speed very slow

Hello alaskajen. Is there anything here that helps.
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=ytff1-tyc&p=Download speed very slow vista&ei=UTF-8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-very-slow.838192/
Relevancy 63.21%

Before I was having problems with my upload speeds... Then those just randomly fixed themselves and I could use my internet fine...

But now my internet is having problems again. It was running slow, So I took a speed test:

594 KBPS Download
539 KBPS Upload

My upload speed is relatively where it should be, But my Download speed is extremely slow, as you can see. It is supposed to be like 4-5000... So I am running at about 1/10 the speed I should be at right now...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks for any help!
-Big Al760

Relevancy 63.21%

dell latitude d630 vista 32bit. hi can anyone tell me why my download speed is very slow on wireless
i had 2 laptops running speedtest together my friends showed 13.5 mps mine was woefully slower at
1.3 mps, sometimes it shows high speed but then it runs that slow it stops internet running any one help
please

A:slow download speed

What is your signal level? Could just be a difference in connection quality or a failing/faulty network card...among other things.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.1011362/
Relevancy 63.21%

Windows Vista. Mr speed is 2MB my download speed is around the 7KB/s mark
what is wrong . A speed test says packet loss. help [please. My server says it must be computor, but it is only 3 months old . I have cleared it and gone back to factory settings but still the same

A:Slow download speed

Register at DSLReports and run their line quality tests. Post a link to the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.604987/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've run download test and they are coming back anywhere between 180 and 200Kbps, however when I actually download something it is downloading much, much, much slower. As an example I just tried to download Adobe version 9 and it dowloading in the 23 to 25 kbps range. Anyone have any idea why my system is testing at a much higher rate than the actual download speed?

Relevancy 63.21%

I am running XP Home with highspeed lite connected through local cable provider. I have tried downloading movies to watch, it takes approximately 8 hours to stream a 2 hour movie. That's just to watch, I'd hate to have to download one to burn. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to speed this up? Is there some kind of software that I can install to make things go faster?

Welcome to BC Forums!
we need more info on your machines hardware.
can you supply us with that? Then maybe we can assist you better.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288856/slow-download-speed/
Relevancy 63.21%

hiya guys,

I am experiencing slow download speeds lately, and it tends to be my pc more than anything (the laptops og the girls here are fine).
I spoke to Sky tech support, and they asked me to run the netstat command, which returns 50+ lines. The girl said it sould be less than 10.
How do I lower this number?

Anyone of you guys got an idea?

Thanks for reading!

Mad-martin

I'm assuming it was netstat -a they had you run?
This shows current connections, so if you have a browser open with multiple tabs you can have quite a few.
Checking right after boot I have 14 items.
Open IE 6 and go to www.google.com and that jumps to 17. Three TCP connections to google, and one UDP.
If I open Firefox and open three tabs to the forum, it's 43.

So you want to check this right after booting before you open a browser.
If you have more than 10-20 right after booting, it's quite possible your system is infected, or you have a bunch of programs checking online for updates right at startup. Let the system sit at least 5 minutes and check again once the startup programs have done their checks. It should drop back down under 20

You can run netstat -a -b to see the name of the program associated with each connection. This can take several minutes to complete, and can be quite lengthy.

This will capture the output into a text file on your desktop, might be easier to go though, and by renaming them you can compare connections at different times.
Copy and paste this line into the Command Prompt, then press Enter

Code:
>"%Userprofile%\Desktop\CurCon.txt" netstat -a -b
To paste into the Command Prompt, right click the Window, click Paste. If Quick Edit is enabled, the right click will paste immediately.
You can copy and paste the results here if you wish. Be aware that your PC name will appear in the file, and possibly your User Name and/or User Profile folder name may appear in the file, so use Notepad's Replace tool to change those if it's something you don't want posted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.912243/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I hope one of you can help me out of a problem I have been messing with all day I noticed very slow download speeds today I have ran Virus scan and many spyware checkers and still no luck I have Download Very Slow Speed always had good luck posing hijackthis Very Slow Download Speed logs Please let me know if you can help Very Slow Download Speed me with my problem here is my current log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SSA smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system atiptaxx exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Linksys WPC Config Utility WPC Cfg exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer fwexec corp sprint com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run PrevxHome C Program Files PREVX Prevx Home SAGUI exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SSA smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Global Star... Read more

A:Very Slow Download Speed

The log you have there is too outdated. Give us the newer one:

You have an outdated version of HijackThis. Download the newest version at http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe and run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KRC%...20Analyzer.zip and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in 'y' if you agree. The 'result.txt' file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. You don't need to post the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/very-slow-download-speed-49638.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi,

for some reason my download speed is ridiculously slow when i use certain applications. for example when i use itunes and try to go on the online music store it takes hours to access it. when i use napster i get a download speed from 0.03KB/s upto a maximum of 5Kb/s. but if i use internet explorer and download a windows update or something like that, i get upto 200Kb/s. i have 2Mb/s broadband, dont have a router or anything. i've tried disabling my firewall to see if that was causin the problem, but it wasn't. any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated

thanks

A:Slow Download Speed

Hello jamie2006uk and welcome to Bleeping Computer!There are many possible causes for your slow download speeds, but there is an article here that may aid your problem.Hope this helps,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53610/slow-download-speed/
Relevancy 63.21%

So I recently got BF Premium I downloaded it off of Origin because my local Gamestop has little to no PC games Once I clicked the download button origin said that it would take hours and that didn't including the DLC's With the DLC's it took from pm one day to pm the next day I checked my internet speed and my download speed was about mb s It would go up to rarely but then when my sister got home she got on Netflix and it went down to about kb s I didn't know if this was normal so I checked the speed at my school thinking it would be like kb sn Slow Very Download Speed because the computers all run off of a main computer It was actually mb s I have the same internet as my school AT amp T and I also bought the faster version Is the problem because in not using Ethernet or is it because I'm getting an interference ect

A:Download Speed Very Slow

What speed are you paying for?

Have you tried going over ethernet to see if its any faster?

Also keep in mind I'm sure Origin was getting pretty hammered yesterday for downloads since the BF: Hardline Open Beta released yesterday (and was available for preload from Origin prior to that).

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/download-speed-very-slow-274159/
Relevancy 63.21%

hi chaps when i download stuff 2my pc its only doin it at 15 kb/s and it takes ages 4 a download how can i increase the speed if possible

What is it you are trying to download and from which site?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-download-speed-174870.html
Relevancy 63.21%

IP 60 Mbps modem to n600 wireless router to n600 USB adapter on each of two computers, side by side. 300 Mbps connection on both computers. download speed on the Dell 1545 win 7 home premium 64 bit laptop is 50 Mbps (good). download speed on the Gateway LT2802u win 7 home premium 32 bit netbook is 5 Mbps (bad).
any suggestions ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.1156278/
Relevancy 63.21%

I just purchased a new hp dv2000 laptop which comes with the new Vista Home Premium and it has Norton Anti- virus. Every time I try to download something from the internet it takes forever (ie. msn messenger). I currently have Verizon DSL and i'm using a wireless router (Linksys G router) I used to have a similar laptop but with windows XP and that was much faster than this new one. What is causing these slow download speeds. Please Help.

Relevancy 63.21%

Recently, i have been having very slow download speeds(somewhere between 100 kbs and 600 kbs). I have Internet through fiber and i should be having 10 mb+ at downloading stuff. I ran some speed tests from my city, Bucharest(romania) on speedtest.net and i get around 1mbs bandwidth(that's below 150 kbs download speed) and around 40-60 mbs bandwidth at upload(5-7 mbs actual upload speed). My current download speed applies both to using torrents, download managers or anything else. Also, i am having slow online video streaming(Youtube, bet365 etc...). I have ran some virus scans with NOD, Spybot S&D, Malware Bytes and Super AntiSpyware. I have also cleaned up my registries with CCleaner and also create a new profile for my Firefox(it's completely fresh). I will attach a HiJackThis logfile to tell me whether i have a virus or not. PS: This slow speed also affects my online gaming experience a lot...

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve had an annoying problem for the past few days I m using DSL and my downlaod speed doesnt get over kb s for the past few days and that s in not peak hours I ve called my ISP they came and ran tests and get to kb s with their own machines so it must be something from my own computer I ve ran my antivirus as well as Ad-aware and Spybot S amp D and none of them detects anything Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Slow speed Download lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Slow Download speed System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA F-SECU backweb Program SERVIC EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus FSGK EXE Slow Download speed C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security backweb program fsbwsys exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security backweb Program fspex exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSMA EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fssm exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSMB EXE C Program Files Fichiers communs LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FCH EXE C Program Files Fichiers communs InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSM EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsqh exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsrw exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FSPC fspc exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FSGUI ispnews exe C Program Files Belgacom bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FWES Program fsdfwd exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsav exe C PROGRA F-SECU ANTI-S fsaw exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FSGUI fsguidll exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Administrateur Bureau HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google be R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Liens O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA FICHIE INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Fichiers communs InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run PDF Complete quot C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exe O - HKLM Run Reminder C WINDOWS Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run Scheduler C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run F-Secure Manager quot C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSM EXE quot splash O - HKLM Run F-Secure TNB quot C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security TNB TNBUtil exe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.584097/
Relevancy 63.21%

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am having some problems with my download rate. I'm getting about a 35kb/s dl rate, which is atrocious. I am on a wireless connection, but previously I was downloading things no problem (game demos, etc.) I tried downloading the new BF2 patch (about 250kb i believe) and got something like 3 hours of dl time. I'm not sure what the problem is, because when i first got the computer (in August) it was downloading off the wireless connection perfectly. I have High speed DSL internet by the way. Thanks in advance.

A:Slow Download Speed

Try downloading TCP/IP Optimizer, it's free and can mutiply your download rates at more than 2 times what it used to in some cases. Just search it in google or yahoo. Also make sure your getting a good signal on your wireless connection, as this may help some speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-download-speed-79766.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Lately my download speeds on my computer have been going sooo slow! im getting around 50 - 300 kbps in utorrent when I normally should be getting at least 10 megabytes per second. My ISP is comcast My router is D-Link DIR 825 and my modem is Arris tm502g. I Have tried hooking it up directly to the modem and the problem continues. i have reset the modem and router. I have 3 wireless computers and one other wired. and all of them are expirencing the slow internet

any ideas

Thanks Dan

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 62.78%

[

I bought my laptop last month but its download speed is much slower than my friend's laptop which was bought years ago.
always 50kb/s

my laptop specs
Aspire E1-522
Windows 8.1
AMD Quad-Core Processor A6-5200 (2.0Ghz)
4GBRAM

Thank you

A:New laptop but slow download speed

What download/upload does your ISP advertize for your level of service?

What results does your friend's laptop get on your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-but-slow-download-speed.1138797/
Relevancy 62.78%

I was wondering if someone can help with some ideas to make my download speed run faster?

I called the cable company and they said they could send a tech out, but I am not available for that for about a week, at least.

I am supposed to be getting 20 for a download speed, and I am getting 2-6 at the site they referred me to: speakeasy.net.

The only other thing they could suggest was a new modem. My modem is not quite 4 years old.

My computer is almost 5 years old and is a Sony Vaio desktop. Running WinXP and I usually use Firefox, or sometimes IE if I need to. Anything else, you'll have to ask more specifically, & how I can find this info. Sorry!

Any suggestions? I'm lost and frustrated....and although I have been using the internet for many years, I am pretty technically immature.

TIA

A:Slow Download Speed-Help needed

are you on wireless connection? and if so is it a secure connection with password? if not others could be using the signal and cutting your internet speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-download-speed-help-needed-483815.html
Relevancy 62.78%

It says it in the title,
how do I make my internet faster?
and I download my stuff on uTorrent and my avg. download speed is 70kbs which takes like 29hrs for 5gb or something. I'm on Windows XP

Relevancy 62.78%

Ever since I upgraded to Windows my download speed has been drastically slow The difference is with most people is that my connectivity is fine the bars are all highlighted in the icon I can easily jump from one page to another w o any connection issues It's just when I download files - no matter how small they might be And it's not just the files - but in my Programs in my computer like my Audio engineering programs I use or loading up as simple as MP files All that takes soooooo much longer to load than before when I had It's extremely annoying and I slow Extremely speed. download thought it'd be the complete opposite since I'm upgrading NOT downgrading I'm running on a Wireless router my friend uses her computer downstairs with her own Router that I'm latched onto Is there anyway I can fix this by updating the driver for the connection speed or something It's really bad for me when I'm working in my engineering programs as it Extremely slow download speed. takes too long to load up my music as well as the download times to download simple files that don't even have that much KB or MB on them Much appreciated if anyone could help me out

A:Extremely slow download speed.

To possibly isolate the source of problem, can your try connecting via Ethernet? Also, you might find it advantageous to try connecting directly to modem via Ethernet. An updated driver for the router might solve the problem. And, so might updating the router's firmware.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16845-extremely-slow-download-speed.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I ve recently bought a new computer but for some reason I m getting only about - KB sec When on my old computer which is now broken I would get around - MB sec I ve tested it on my mom s computer and her download speed is fine My ping is fine such as when I play online video games and such I have no lag or problems And I can upload things at my normal rate as well But my download speed just won t keep up things that use to take seconds now take several minutes or even hours I don t know what the problem is and I ve tried a few different solutions that I ve found some even on this site but none have worked So please if anyone can help I would gladly appreciate it and I will give more information that is needed Computer Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional New slow. download speed computer, is bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Radeon HD M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free New computer, download speed is slow. - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C KBC Version A PCCBQ QE Y AA Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled Router Linksys WRT N Sincerely Maxko nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I've noticed recently my internet connections has been horrible, so i called my isp to complain. This opened up a whole new can of worms. Every device in the house: my girlfriends laptop, my phone and a few other mobile devices all have a download speed of 30mbps- 40mbps. my laptop, connected to the LAN gets anywhere from 70kbps to 11 mbps. Ive updated my drivers, adjusted my power settings, turned off QoS and even did a reimage.  no change! when I open up the status of the adapter, the speed says 1.0 Gbps. spec below I'm stumped and could use some help!  Thanks in advance! Specs: Asus G73jh I7 Q720 processor, 20gigs ram windows 7 home premium x64, atheros ar8131 pci-e network adapter driver version: 2.1.0.21, wifi adapter atheros ar9285: 2.0.0.74, amd redian hd 5800 series video card.Edit: Moved topic from Internal Hardware to the more appropriate forum, due to log requested in post #20 of this thread. ~ Animal

A:G73JH Slow download speed

Minitoolbox scan.

Please download Minitoolbox  and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)
Click Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618329/g73jh-slow-download-speed/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a xp computer and my new vista computer with 4 gigs of ram, my xp computer internet speed/download speed are very quick, but with my brand new vista its retardedly slow, this is also Cable internet from Cox, im so confused, i also deleted all anti-virus programs on the computer, please post all possible suggestions or if you have an answer, thanks in advance

Myke
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-download-speed-slow.746695/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys,

Before I was running Windows 8 and got a download speed of 20-50MB/s average, yesterday I installed Windows 7 and have since been getting a download speed of 0-6MB/s. This is on the same laptop in the same location.

I tried booting it up into Safe Mode with Networking and tried a speed test there too, there I got a speed of 20-30MB/s. Is there some kind of setting or program that is interfering with this?

Anyone have any solutions for this?

A:Very Slow Download Speed on Windows 7

Wifi or wired ?

If WiFi then try a reboot of the router and also try changing the wireless channel on your router. Another possibility is a poor or incorrect WiFi driver for your laptop. Did W7 automatically install one or did you install your own.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349389-very-slow-download-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

All of a sudden my internet download has dropped A LOT A few weeks ago is was about kbps kbytes not kbits and for the last week it has dropped to about kbps I have done lots of things to try and fix this but nothing has worked ive restarted my PC a dozen times and i ve scanned my computer with AVG about times ad-aware about times spy bot search and destroy about times and malaware bytes anti-malware about times with some little things here and there but i removed them and then restarted PC and still kbps I also tried to use Internet Explorer to see if it was Mozilla that was the problem but still kbps and i tried downloading something on my sisters computer right beside mine and on the same network and everything and she gets kbps so im guessing its most likely a virus thats on sudden SLOW. Download all of (help) a speed my computer or maybe some settings that are messed up in my options Download speed all of a sudden SLOW. (help) -Thanks nbsp

A:Download speed all of a sudden SLOW. (help)

Please post a HijackThis 2.00.2 Log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-all-of-a-sudden-slow-help.814178/
Relevancy 62.78%

Its my first time to post Speed(modem) Slow Download here Recently I have been having problems with my download speed and right now this page took a while to load I m suspecting that my computer is infected with a virus or malware because the last time this happened max download speed was kpps minimum was about bytes second i was able to delete the following files manually sbmtr exesbun exescit exescu exemy pc worked well after that recently after Slow Download Speed(modem) browsing some lyrics website my problem started The download i was referring to was combofix i always try to get the latest copy even though i don t use it often I m using a k modem and when downloading combofix or any other file the initial download speed is usually kbps and eventually stabilizes at around kbps I did use the latest version of combofix before giving up because i thought the problem was similar to something i read on this site combofix deleted nothing i just used hijack this v with the following results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - HKCU Run FreeRAM XP quot C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -winO - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Extra context menu item amp Clean Traces - C Program Files DAP Privacy Package dapcleanerie htmO - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htmO - Extra context menu item Download amp all with DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F D - AA- B -A - B A C C NameServer O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeO - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140868/slow-download-speedmodem/
Relevancy 62.78%

ok so i have recently been having internet troubles. my download speed is supposed to be 5mbps but is usually a bit below that. today it has dropped to 30-50 kbps and i cant download everything. i took 3 tests on different website but all said my download speed is 5-6 mbps. i hav a comtrend CT-5361T router/modem. my computer i am using is a macbook laptop. it is my schools (they give us one for school work) so i hav limited access to some options and websites.

A:Internet download speed is slow

With a 5 meg connection, I wouldnt expect to get great download speeds, with 7 meg DSL, my fastest download speed as 700k/sec. Many things depend on how far from the site you are, how busy the server is, and whether it is limiting traffic speeds or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-is-slow.1021984/
Relevancy 62.78%

On my friend's Toshiba laptop, when we connect to the router using a LAN cable, the download speed is around 15 Mb/s. When we connect wirelessly, the download speed is about 1 Mb/s, although sometimes it goes as high as 4 Mb/s. I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless driver. Any ideas what else to look at?

Thanks

A:Download speed slow, only on wireless

Hello,

I would find out what type of AV/Security or Firewall Software your friend is using. Try disabling it, see if it helps.

Updating the driver might also help.

Also, see if you're able to replicate the issue if you're on Safe Mode with Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203025-download-speed-slow-only-wireless.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Right so I just got Vista and after a few days the download speeds have dropped significantlyfrom kb- kb to kb s I know it is not my internet connection as I have connected up my old laptop with XP to the network and am getting full speeds on that I've run speedtest and it says I'm connected at kb s I know its not the files I'm downloading too as I've tested them against my laptop too I have closed all other programs started in safe mode applied various driver updates and done lots of searching on google and none of the fixes have worked so far The funny thing is when I first open the computer and download something it starts at normalish speeds around kb s and then after about mins this goes down to kb s I'm pretty stumped - browsing seems to be ok and my ping in games is around Help please or point me to Vista Speed Download Slow somewhere that can Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-slow-download-speed-346504.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Today I realized my desktop computer running XP Professional version SP gets Slow Download Speed Bizarrely extremely slow download speeds for internet often around Mb s I tried the numion com test and it gave me Kb s download speed Bizarrely though it has fairly good upload speed of around Mb s I'm in a college dorm so I can't try messing with my wiring beyond plugging my ethernet cable into a different jack I tried several different things with very strange results Tried booting Bizarrely Slow Download Speed in safe mode and testing the speed on both Internet Bizarrely Slow Download Speed Explorer and Google Chrome The results were unchanged from before I also tried unpugging the ethernet cable from my desktop and without changing where it was connected on the other end plugging it into my laptop On the same network I tested the connection speed again and found it to be about Mb s for downloads with the same upload speed as before So I don't think it could be the cable or ISP And then I also tried booting into Ubuntu onto my desktop from a flash drive and running a speed test on that It was blazingly incredibly fast about Mb s download speed and Mb s uploads In light of all this what could be causing such painfully slow internet in XP Update I tried it again at AM when figured usage would be down Still got about Mb s

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292272/bizarrely-slow-download-speed/
Relevancy 62.78%

Last night we bought a brand new HP Pavillion a6838f with vista and began downloading different programs. Well we began to notice that although the internet works at a perfectly fine speed downloads go excessivly slow. I have read that Nortan antivirus is a potential cause but I was just wondering if there are any other possibilities that could be causing the problem. We recieve internet via cable. Also, plugging our previous computer in right next to us and trying to download the same program, the speed is considerably faster, noting that the second computer is using windows XP.

A:Slow Download speed on new computer

What speeds are you getting with it? Visit http://www.speakeasy.net and run their speed test. What should you be getting?

Are you using a router? Try it with the router and with your computer connected directly to your modem.

Could be the related drivers for your system. Visit the HP site and install all driver updates related to your specific model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed-on-new-computer.841309/
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently built my own pc and everything has been working perfectly since i built it about 2 weeks ago. for the past 2 days my internet download speed has been abnormally low. I should be getting more than 20mbps down, and yet im getting around 0.30 mbps down. i am on a wireless connection but i dont think that is the problem since other devices on the network get the 20mbps just fine. I am running windows 8 and i am thinking the issue is with that. i have looked through some solutions people have posted online with no success if anyone has any suggestion i would really appreciate the help.

A:Ridiculously slow download speed

Upgrade the drivers for your network adapter? If the adapter isn't built in to the motherboard, have you tried a different adapter just to rule out it isn't just a piece of hardware?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23879-ridiculously-slow-download-speed.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello 7forums,
I recently purchased a new computer, and everything is running perfect except the download speed is very slow.
My old computer would average 1Mb d/l speed where as my new one hovers around 50-90kb. My brother is using my old computer on the same network and i got him to d/l the latest wow patch (so we were downloading from the same source) and it still averaged at 1Mb.
However when playing WoW i average anywhere between 30-60ms and my browing speed is perfect.
So to summarize:
My old computer's d/l speed is 1Mb, where as my new on is around 90kb,
After downloading from the same source the result was still the same,
Browsing speed and in-game pings are fine.
Speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1639717599.png

A:Slow download speed on new computer

Don't mean to bump but, this problem is really annoying

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201752-slow-download-speed-new-computer.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I am not an expert , but am learning slowly.

My download/throughput speeds are very slow indeed.

I have a 56K modem. My connection speeds are between 38-40Kbps. My throughput(Eminion) is only 25-28Kbps.
I am running Windows NT4 with OE5.5.
I have AVG 60 firewall & my disc is not full up.
When I enter OE it is easy to stall/freeze the PC.
Downloading websites seem to take 2-3 times longer now than
they did last year.
I have no hard disc backup & am very wary of losing programs or files.

Could anyone give me an indication where I should start looking for the fault please??

Foxfire

Relevancy 62.78%

I know about seeder thing on the torrent, so please don't say the download speed is depending on the seeder.
I want to open my port in order to make the download speed faster.
I use D link 514 for the wireless router.
I find the instruction on how to forward / open the port for my router, and it's here :

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-514/BitComet.htm
My question is, do I really need to set my IP into static instead of dynamic?
If I set my laptop's IP into static, do I need to make my other PC into static IP also?
My setting is one router, 2 laptop, and 1 PC.
I'm a newbie about this kind of stuff.

If there is a simpler way on how to open the port for bit torrent, that would be great.
I think people said that the port range is 6881 - 6889.
Thanks a lot

Relevancy 62.78%

I have ATT DSL I am supposed to get around kbps Speed Dcs/slow Internet Download download speed however starting at around PM I start getting disconnected from the internet it will automatically reconnect itself after about minutes After PM I have horrible browsing and download speeds the lowest I've seen it go is kbps Yesterday I called my ISP They had me ping yahoo com in the Command Prompt packets were lost and they said I had a virus I find that hard to believe Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed because this computer is relatively new I have ran AVG scans in the past and I run Adaware scans frequently Nothing serious has come up other than tracking cookies which I delete I tried clearing all internet temp files CTRL SHIFT DELETE in Firefox but that hasn't helped Logfile of Trend Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS System CTXFISPI EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgw exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Zach Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot rO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exeO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AAWTray C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SESS EXE C Windows SESS EXEO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcom... Read more

A:Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :Restart your computerAfter hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.Choose your usual account. Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script. Type Y to begin the cleanup process. It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot. Press any Key and it will restart the PC. When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons. Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum). Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110696/internet-dcsslow-download-speed/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C -A -V running Windows Home Edition I've New Speed, Slow Brand Wifi Impossibly Computer. never really had the fastest internet but its always been alright for what I used it for untill i purchased this computer Suffice it to say the internet is a little below sub par Heres a speedtest My phone My sisters Laptop running windows even my old IBM running Linux all are getting speedtests with Download speeds of at least - Mbps from the same router with at least - Mbps And yet here I am brand new computer in hand with memories of dialup floating through my head I've been on message boards trying to find an answer to this for hours I've changed the Wireless settings to not turn off the Wifi I've checked Toshiba's Website and downloaded the latest WLAN driver I deleted literally every last ounce of bloatware from the computer when I got it so I don't THINK that's an issue There's Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer. no torrents or security running either Basicaly I have no idea what to do Now the weird thing is if I turn the computer on and do a speedtest right away I'm getting a fast Ping and a download of Mbps instead of the Any Help or ideas on what to do

A:Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer.

Did you try an ethernet cable instead of wireless? If that works normally, read on...

I had a problem like this many years ago, it turned out to be something wrong with the drivers for the network card I was using. To fix it, go into device manager and find the entry for the wireless network adapter (eg "xyz wireless network adapter"). Right click on the adapter and select "remove". Reboot the machine. It should detect the adapter as new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the network hardware. Of course you may need to supply the drivers at this point if they are not available on the machine.

This is somewhat techy and if you are not a level 2 nerd you may want to get a qualified friend to help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30856-impossibly-slow-wifi-speed-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all tech guy users I am having a really frustrating time with my wifi signal recently Here are the symptoms Max distance from router in which I can receive a signal is about ft Really slow upload and download speeds from MY laptop only My fiance s laptop had a DL speed of Mps and I don t remember the UL but it was much better than mine Screenshot to follow Internet will drop out while I still Wifi sudden Poor of Range and Speed the Slow all show connectivity to the router and then seconds later the router signal will drop out completely Just now my signal dropped out and from my laptop which is sitting three feet from Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden my fiance s laptop Hers has internet just fine What I have tried so far Changed Routers Changed broadcast channel on both routers Updated the driver for my Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden wireless Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden network adapter Virus Scan Malwarebytes Full Scan Xirrus Wifi Inspector run Screenshot to follow Removed Windows ability to shut off my network adapter to save energy This problem occurred for the first time one week ago today I have been getting by since then but the hassle is getting to me Full disclosure time Right before this happened I had an issue with my laptop where the battery was not getting a charge I tested the power available to the plug and found the proper voltage there I took the cover off of the laptop and found that a solder joint between the power plug and one of the wires had come loose I re-soldered the wire and it charged up no problemo I took the cover back off this evening because I had a sinking feeling I messed something up but I found nothing The power plug on my Lenovo Y P laptop is accessed from above the keyboard just remove the speaker cover The wireless adapter is underneath and I didn t remove it or touch it when I worked on it I did take a look at it this evening and I did see that it only has one screw holing it down There were no quot witness marks quot where another screw was installed at one time so I just left it alone Hopefully those don t provide some form of continuity to the board beneath It doesn t appear so but I can t be certain System Details Lenovo Y P just over a year old Windows i processor gig ram I am student in my Junior year of engineering and I really can t afford to have these network problems Almost missed an assignment submission last night This has been an excellent computer until now I have some pretty hefty programs installed for my classes and it runs them flawlessly Also the internet works great on campus but I am never far from an N router hotspot Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated I was almost about to make a Yagi antenna out of an old Netgear USB wireless adapter then decided that I would just check here after I ran the speed test and figured something was up with my comp nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

i was forced to roll back to windows xp temporarily due to a problem in my computer, Now i am facing a problem that a good health torrent downloads at a poor speed of 10Kbps tops. My ISP provides 4.5 Mbps download and 1.25 Mbps download. It really pisses me off. I tried various settings, but still couldn't speed up a bit. PLease help me folks for a good torrent download speed in windows xp. thanks love you all..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383200-slow-torrent-download-speed-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, I need some help.
After i Instal win 7 64bit my internet download is f**ed up . IT should be 10mbs but its 1mbs or lower most of times.
Does anyone know why and how to fix it  ? All my drivers are updated and they are completely fine .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fd213655-d3c0-4384-be2e-8bfd1d69d857/win7-64bit-download-speed-very-slow?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello

I have been looking at a PC which has a low download speed, 1180Kbps, when access the Internet via a 3COM wireless access point. This access point has the number 7000-000-732 but I cannot see such a model on the Net.. The nearest similar one seems to be the 3ComŽ Wireless 7760 11a/b/g PoE Access Point.

Any idea why this download is so slow? The main office PCs download much quicker.

Cheers

Geoff

A:Slow download speed using access point?

Hello

My mistake! How many times do I have to tell myself not to act on assumptions!!

I tested the download speed in the office today and found it was only 1800Kbps so the 1200Kbps at the PC with the wireless connection (67%) is not too bad I guess. I had assumed that the office speed would be higher.

It would seem that the ISP has allowed their customer to stay on a low Internet access speed..

Thanks

Geoff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-download-speed-using-access-point.159275/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Recently I ve been having problems with my internet connection It has become very slow - around - KB s it used to be - KB s depending on the time of day This started around a week ago when it got very hot in the UK don t know if that has anything to do with it Some background information - my ISP is BT and I m meant to get mb speed slow already but can t be helped due to location out of a possible mb I m using the BT Homehub that the subscription came with which is telling me the broadband is fine However when I plug my older modem router in some Netgear model from last year the internet light glows orange indicating there is something wrong with the connection My connection is a wired connection but I use DLAN power socket to ethernet connecters throughout the house These aren t the cause however as I ve tried my Xbox - which is Extremely Slow Download Speed Browsing are and plugged straight into the modem - and the problem still persists I phoned up BT but we all know how hopeless their support is I have tried plugging it into the main ADSL line which didn t help and even unscrewed the plate and put it into the quot main socket quot inside as the support guy described it which also didn t help They ran a test and Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow said I was getting a KB s download speed Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow - which they acknowledged was extremely slow They also told me there was no problem on their end but this is rather unclear and the person hung up on me during our conversation so I couldn t reach him again I really don t know what to do I d rather save calling them again for a last resort it gets very tedious after a while I m thinking there may be some internal wiring problems but they said there was nothing wrong from their end Anyway thanks in advance and thanks for reading Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow this huge wall of text nbsp

A:Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow

This is almost surely their issue from your description.

Let's do a test. Boot in Safe Mode with Networking, and connect with a wired connection directly to the modem and run the following test.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-and-browsing-speed-are-extremely-slow.840656/
Relevancy 61.92%

So, I had the techy at the office upgrade my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate a few days ago. Well, it seems that while my PC is directly connected to the internet via ethernet wire... It's speed is flawless. No issues whatsoever.

When I go home and use my wireless, the first minute it will respond perfectly fine. 10+Mbps Down/ 2Mbps Up. After that though, it will just SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW down a LOT! The Up speed will still be high though, which is what gets me confused on what's happening. The download speed will dip down to under 1Mbps.

I'm running a Sony Vaio VGN-NS130E w/ an Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter.

Any other info that is needed to help solve my problem, ask away! I'll try to send it over asap!

Thank you so much and I look forward to all your help. ;]

A:Internet Download Speed MEGA SLOW! :(

Quote: Originally Posted by CMach08

So, I had the techy at the office upgrade my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate a few days ago. Well, it seems that while my PC is directly connected to the internet via ethernet wire... It's speed is flawless. No issues whatsoever.

When I go home and use my wireless, the first minute it will respond perfectly fine. 10+Mbps Down/ 2Mbps Up. After that though, it will just SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW down a LOT! The Up speed will still be high though, which is what gets me confused on what's happening. The download speed will dip down to under 1Mbps.

I'm running a Sony Vaio VGN-NS130E w/ an Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter.

Any other info that is needed to help solve my problem, ask away! I'll try to send it over asap!

Thank you so much and I look forward to all your help. ;]

CM

If you arent using homegroup you can disable IPv6, which has several random problems. Its in network and sharing.

We could use more info on the router

Thanks
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34901-internet-download-speed-mega-slow.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi About weeks ago I noticed my internet connection DSL was much slower than usual My ISP Verizon assures me the problem is not on their end The download speed is as expected kbps but the upload speed Slow speed connection; download OK internet is just kbps and should be much higher than this They suggested there might be a spyware problem System info Dell Dimension GHz Pentium GB RAM GB HD Windows XP Pro SP running Norton Internet Security AdAware Free Anniversary edition Spybot Search amp Destroy HJT results below Questions Is the slow quot internet connection quot the result of the slow upload How can I fix the upload speed Do I have a malware problem Thanks -------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Slow internet connection; download speed OK v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Slow internet connection; download speed OK system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www jpl nasa gov news news cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http support dell com support top ty security c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp appindex ds O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security ... Read more

A:Slow internet connection; download speed OK

(bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-download-speed-ok.805214/
Relevancy 61.92%

I bought a router and I connected:
PC Windows 7 32bit (fast browsing fast downloading)
iPhone (fast browsing)
Laptop Windows 7 64bit (slow browsing but fast downloading)

How to make browsing fast in Laptop. It's very very slow.

A:slow browsing but high download speed !!!!

Are you running a torrent application that is seeding torrents? If so set your maximum upload rate to about 75%-80% of your total upload speed. More information is needed to furthur assist you. What browser, what router, Internet speed, Apps installed, firewall, Antivirus, blah, blah, blah. This is a really hard problem to diagnose with the information you provided.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/106840-slow-browsing-but-high-download-speed.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Using a Linsys WRT160N with a Linksys WUSB300N wireless adapter.

This is my internet speed in Minneapolis running Windows XP Pro

And now the speed running Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit.

I've done every tweak you can imagine from the IPV6, disabling my firewall, antivirus and whatever else you can think of.

The thing is, I use a tool that opens up the concurrent connection in the TCP/IP with XP Pro. Anyone out there successfully fixed the SLOW download speed in Windows 7?

A:Download speed is SLOW in Windows 7 Ultimate

No problems with DL here...
Win 7 Ult 64

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35886-download-speed-slow-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everybody this is my first post ever on this forum Few days ago my laptop download speed dropped horribly it used to be mbps for download and similar for upload Slow out on speed this download laptop nowhere only of wireless however now it's This on wifi and this is when i connect it with cabel to router And why I'm writing here and not at my router manufactor or ISP forums Well because I think this is laptop's fault because of few reasons - this is speed of my other PC connected to that same router - This is speed of my phone Slow wireless download speed out of nowhere only on this laptop which is connected to same Wifi Tried restoring my windows to when there was no problems with internet - no help One additional thing - for some reasons after i restored my laptop at first minutes internet was good at it was before but soon after few minutes it slowed back down to these few mbps There shouldn't be no wifi hijacking because with my routers admin page Router is Netgear wnr v I can see all the devices attached to it

A:Slow wireless download speed out of nowhere only on this laptop

Hello karosas , welcome to the forums : Look at this please : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread and then this : Internet Troubleshooting Guide .. then we can go from there.. Post back on results of the troubleshooting tutorial pls.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339131-slow-wireless-download-speed-out-nowhere-only-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I need to download the dell recovery iso file from the dell official website. However the download speed i get is ridiculously slow. I get 1 MBPS on youtube but only 20 kbps on the dell website. Kindly help me with the situation. thanks

A:dell recovery iso slow download speed

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
This could be due to web traffic on the website ,unfortunately we would not be able to control that.We can only suggest you to try at a different time .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19680998
Relevancy 61.92%

On my new computer the download speed broadband is the crawl of fast 1 speed on on computer Slow download others? Mb sec using speedtest net At the time of test the computer was doing no 'work' I noticed this slowness when downloading a driver update which was at Mb sec Another time when downloading a program it was at Mb sec Now it is a consistent Mbps At the same time Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others? of the test on three other computers all using the same tester the same ISP the same router the same telephone line in the same house the speed is Mb sec which is the usual speed here The fact that they all use XP and have differing hardware should make no difference I think - if I'm wrong I can supply those details This new computer has a much higher specification than the others but again would this make a difference I have done virus and malware scans Can anyone explain what could be causing this and how I can fix this please I can't think of any other relevant info to include at this point OS XP Pro PC Tools AV Zone Alarm Pro

A:Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others?

Concentrate on the link between your computer and the router. Replace the cable if it is a wired connection. Use the cable from one of the working systems to test. Also use the same port as one of the fast systems.

If no change, swap the network card or check for updated drivers or chipset drivers if the ethernet connector is on the mainboard
Your router may also have QOS settings that give priority to one or more computers based on ip or MAC address.

Are all the computers wired connections?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304208/slow-download-speed-on-1-computer-fast-on-others/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have 70 download and a 40 upload it downloads really slow? any help appreciated

A:Download speed on Google Chrome is slow

RE: download speed on google crome is slow

Assuming you are not infected (if you think you are, ask for help in the infected section), I'd recommend a complete reinstall of Chrome. If you don't want to dig around and remove the remnants, you could first install Revo Uninstaller Free, and run it on at least the Moderate setting, which should remove leftovers in ProgramData (a hidden folder in the main C: folder) and AppData (a hidden folder in your user folder) and the registry keys.

It shouldn't be that slow for download. But as an example, I know at my house Firefox loads pages way faster than Chrome or Safari or IE, but that might be more with my connection here. Download speed is about the same across the board though. I have a 15 down connection here.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/download-speed-on-google-chrome-is-slow.15279/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey everyone, I have recently got hold of an old office laptop and have found that downloading stuff seems to take ages. Unless that is I do it through firefox which seems to run at normal speed. Is there something that could be in place to slow downloads? It is very slow when going through internet explorer (Around 90kbps) and as slow when flash player downloaded using its own downloader.

Any ideas guys? Many thanks in advance, Jack

A:Slow download speed on old networked laptop?

Are you downloading from wi-fi or is it wired?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed-on-old-networked-laptop.1104054/