Windows Support Forum

Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

Q: Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

I recently upgraded my processor amp motherboard from AMD Phenom II X Asus M N T-M Now it s AMD FX- amp Asus M A L-M LX I ran two modules of RAM GB GB on that previous motherboard These are my modules Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB Single Module DDR Memory Kingston Value RAM GB don t know the exact model but it was a Mhz always 2nd DIMM Solved: on Memory slot on is hardware new reserved motherboard module Both modules have the same latency I just had to downclock the corsair module to Mhz amp then they both ran in dual channel mode Now on this new motherboard when I check sys info in BIOS it shows just GB RAM or GB basically it Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard just detects what s in the first slot When Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard I boot into Windows it says that GB or GB the other slot is always hardware reserved Also task manager shows wrong RAM speed Instead of Mhz it shows Mhz And when I really run it at Mhz or even below Mhz it s always wrong in task manager There s another interesting thing happening when I try to change the memory speed in BIOS When I change it amp as soon as I hit enter after F system just powers down for a few seconds amp boots right up This is just my second motherboard amp idk if it s normal but it sure doesn t feel right I m posting this after going through a lot of posts on similar topics amp the solutions are not working for me I even checked for bent pins on my CPU but it looks good As it looks either the RAM modules are incompatible on this motherboard but then why is the speed in task manager always wrong or something is wrong with the motherboard This is what I think but I need your help to make it work I m mentally exhausted now nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-on-2nd-dimm-slot-is-always-hardware-reserved-on-new-motherboard.1153100/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi All

I have just finished a new build on a pc with the following specs:

M/B: ASUS P5N-D

Processor: Intel Quadcore Q6600

GPU: Nvidia 9600GT

RAM: 8GB DDR2

S/C:Creative Labs expansion card

The issue I'm having is that, even though both the BIOS and windows recognize that there is 8GB of RAM installed only 3.25 is 'useable'. looking around I've found that just under 5GB is 'reserved for hardware'. I can accept a GB or so being used but 5 is a little over the top.

So far I have:

checked BIOS for 'memory remap' option, which is unavailable.

updated the BIOS.

As it recognises the full 8GB I can safely say the RAM isn't faulty.
Anyone have any suggestions.

A:Solved: Memory Issue in new build relating to 'reserved for hardware'

Only about 3.25 GB RAM is usable on a computer with a 32-bit OS. The solution to your problem is a 64-bit OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-issue-in-new-build-relating-to-reserved-for-hardware.915750/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 80.84%

I had 2 gb of ddr3 ram installed before, yesterday i added 2 more gb but the system uses only 3.24 gb and the rest is reserved for hardware. I hope it is used for graphics memory but i have an external graphic card of 1 gb video memory. How to release this memory. I have searched many forums and they suggested to uncheck the maxmemory in msconfig, that didnt work.

Also they asked to enable memory remapping in bios, but my bios doesnt have that option. My OS is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

I'm attaching the screenshots below.

A:Hardware reserved Memory?

There are a lot of things that can cause this. However since you are on 32 bit windows 3.2 gigs is the maximum it will make use of. This is a limitation in the 32bit system not an actual error per say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/201202-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a windows 10 computer that i did a clean install during the free upgrade. Now i went the Task Manager to see that , my hardware reserved memory is 5.5GB. I have a 8GB ram and i can only use 2.5 gb.. How can i fix this?

A:Hardware Reserved Memory 5.5GB

Are you running the 32bit or 64bit Windows? With the 32bit you have approximately 3.571gb roughly to work with out of the first 4gb of memory installed. The rest is simply mapped out to hardwares. The 64bit on the other hand will handle upwards of 128gb of memory in theory.

Running the 64bit 10 Pro here with 16gb installed I see 2.9gb in use at the moment due to having browser windows and a few other startups running while idle it sits at about 1.5gb. The "Hardware Reserved" immediately implies the 32bit Windows where I wouldn't be seeing the 13.1gb available out of the 16gb total here.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24813-hardware-reserved-memory-5-5gb.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Ive got a Sony Vaio 64bit laptop dual processor 2.20 GHz. Its been very slow - the computer usage will stay about 70% and memory usage is alwasy >90%?? I looked at resource monitor and:

2300MB hardware reserved
664MB in use
3MB modified
94MB standbye
1MB Free

Currently there is 3GB of RAM installed with only about 700mb free; Im assuming this should be upwards to about 2.3GB free?

What is going on here? Why is the hardware reserved memory sooo high? Im assuming thats why it is slow - there is no free memory. Any ideas?

A:75% of Memory is Hardware Reserved?

Could it be a problem with one of the RAM sticks? Im assuming there is a 2Gb + 1GB stick installed now. If one of these were not working properly, would my system profile still show 3GB or would it show less?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/263282-75-memory-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 80.84%

ive got 2gb memory but it says here that only 1 gb is usable..can anyone help me with this?

here is my resource monitor

A:Hardware reserved memory need help

Quote: Originally Posted by retryme07

ive got 2gb memory but it says here that only 1 gb is usable..can anyone help me with this?

Attachment 177829Attachment 177831

here is my resource monitor

Attachment 177833

First 2 gigs isnt enough.

In win 7 the OS takes about 1/2 to put into fast cache for when you open an app. I suspect the rest is shared video memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189962-hardware-reserved-memory-need-help.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-slot-dimm-slot-blue-screening-me.152835/
Relevancy 79.98%

ok heres my issue, and yes ive googled and read through all the posts I could find and nothing has helped.

I just rebuilt my computer, new motherboard and such and it has 6 GB of ram installed but it is only using 2 GB and has 4 GB hardware reserved.

I have went and set the bios settings to memory remapping, I have tried reinstalling windows, I've tried unchecking the msconfig max memory, reseating the ram, and resetting the bios.

In the Systems window it reads that there is Total 6 GB Memory and only 2 GB usable, and in the Bios in the System information it also reads only 2 GB usable memory. The ram sticks arnt new, I took them form my old computer when I did the rebuilt, which are 3 Elipida 2GB 1333 MHz sticks

The motherboard is a Maximus III Gene with bios version 2103
OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

A:Window 7 64 bit Hardware reserved memory

On the basis there may be compatibility issues between your motherboard, RAM and BIOS, have you considered contacting ASUS for support?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Maximus III Gene

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- CPU Support Maximus III Gene Core i3 540(3.06G,L2:4M,IGPU, rev.C2,73W)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169745-window-7-64-bit-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys. I have an evga p55sli motherboard and a gtx460 graphics card. I have 8gb of memory installed but in win10 and the bios it only shows 4gb usable. When going into the bios it shows 4096 mb available, and in win10 it shows 4gb usable and 4gb hardware reserved. I tried changing settings in the bios and resetting the cmos to see if that would fix it to no avail. I am unsure if it is an issue with win10 or with the bios seeing as the bios is only seeing 4096 mb. I have had this happen before but I have been able to fix it. Is there something I am missing? I'm king of at a loss. I have taken the sticks out and cleaned them but that didn't help either. Any help is good. Thanks guys.

A:Hardware reserved memory issue

Can you please provide a bit more information so that we can help you?

Do you have 2 memory sticks? Which slots have you put them in? Is your Windows 10 a 32bit or 64 bit installation?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39021-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

So, I upgraded my PC a couple of days ago with 16GB more memory and a 240GB SSD, after installing Win7 Pro, I found that it registered all 20GB but claimed that only (hah only...) 12 were useable. I looked in the resource monitor and found that 8GB are "hardware reserved". Every place I've looked says to go in to msconfig and uncheck a maximum memory box, mine isn't checked. The only other cause I've read about is in the BIOS. Is there anyway to change this? 8GB seems like a lot to be reserved for hardware... Thanks.

Motherboard is an Asrock990FX extreme4 and everything has been switched back to stock speeds.

Relevancy 79.98%

hardware reserved memory on my laptop increased to 4.6gb for no apparent reason.
details: Hp pavillion G6 notebook Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
bios:BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.6A, 13/05/2013
installed physicall memory 6gb total physical memory(usable) 1.48gb which was formerly 5.5gb.
as far as i can tell ive updated all drivers and bios,checked that the maxmemory box in msconfig is unchecked. cant access the locked/hidden options in bios and the regedit page file value change didnt work either. done a system recovery, still no change and i have not opened it because i havnt made any physical changes to it since purchase
any new help will be appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/hardware-reserved-memory-increased-4611161/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all.

Been having an issue for a few months now i have 4gb corsair dominator gt ram installed but my system in only showing 1.96gb usable and looking in resource monitor its showing 2091 mb as system reserved
cpu: OctalCore AMD FX-8120, 4000 MHz
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
Module Name Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2133C9
Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3gb)

is this a resolvable issue ive reinstalled and problem is still there

Ive tried booting of one DIMM and it boots fine bios shows 4gb as well im stuck

A:High Hardware reserved memory

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I had a similar problem with my Dell Precision 370.
had 4GB ram but only 3GB was useable, 1Gb was reserved and could not be changed.

Lots of hits on Google but not fixes I could find.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56641-high-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hi guys,
i've never had this problem before, my windows 7 used to utilize all my ram, since my hdd crashed and i got a new one i bought extra ram, my motherboard can support up to 16gb ram unbuffered, i have a 64bit windows, i updated my bios, yet my windows still
uses only 4gb of my 12gb ram, and i found that the memory reserved for hardware is an astonishing 8gb, i followed all the guidelines i could find on the forums and still can't fix it, i saw that others encountered this problem asswell, how can i fix this?
any pointers or solutions out there? would installing an older version of windows perhaps solve this problem? like xp pro? thanks in advance
ruan

A:Windows 7 hardware reserved memory way too much!

msconfig, boot tab, advanced options, uncheck the maximum memory if it is limited.
The working and private columns are the actual physical amount used. If you look at the shared, most of the reserved memory could be used by other needs if required.

Your Blackberry app is causing hard faults. RIM.Desktop.exe  Do you have the latest version for Windows 7?

I simply point out that you may never approach using all of the ram. Today's hardware is very powerful. Run the CPU meter gadget and configure it for always on top.
Then multitask as many processes\applications as you can and observe the memory usage. My guess is 30% maximum utilized.

I would not get concerned about how the system utilizes resources unless you find that you are having performance issues. 
You could now run multiple virtual machines simultaneously with all of that memory installed. Do you have a quad core to allocate cores?
Use the rig and have fun.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9946daa7-6cc7-4c67-b4db-d9bc03c63ea6/windows-7-hardware-reserved-memory-way-too-much?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all

I'm having an issue with "hardware reserved" memory in Win 7. I followed a guide somewhere to speed up my booting when I was bored and it involved changing the number of cpus used in boot, however after I did this windows only shows 4gb of ram as usable. I undid this change but its still happening!

Can anyone help?

A:Hardware Reserved memory issue ...

Quote: Originally Posted by SBB

Hi all

I'm having an issue with "hardware reserved" memory in Win 7. I followed a guide somewhere to speed up my booting when I was bored and it involved changing the number of cpus used in boot, however after I did this windows only shows 4gb of ram as usable. I undid this change but its still happening!

Can anyone help?

type msconfig in search find the "max memory" and Max cpus" and uncheck them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/62947-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Well I've read soooo much about this problem I'm already much hardware - reserved too me.. memory 1282MB seems to got confused As the title mention - I think I've got too much of my phisycal memory allocated to hardware by Win Ultimate bit edition BTW Yes I know there's many posts with this prbolem 1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me.. - but that part of my problem too I read some articles and I thought I understand my problem and than - I read more 1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me.. and more and more the more that I've read - the less I can determine where the problem come from I read this and this and this 1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me.. and this so far and that why I got all confused up So let's start from scratch - I've got a desktop specs AMD Athlon II X processor Mhz MOBO - Gigabyte GA-MA GM-US H - Link here kits of RAM GB each When I open System Properties - It shows in the RAM section - GB installed - Usable Why is this I've got an onboard video card ATI Redeon HD but it takes only MB of the memory Where's the rest of it Here is image from Resource Monitor showing that MB is hardware reserved memory IMPORTANT I've got into this problem because I've just installed GB memory stick in addition to the GB memroy stick I've already got I've checked with CPU-Z and they match Installed them as a dual channel on the blue DIMMs on my MOBO I'll be pleased if someone can sort out the mess in my head about all those memory problem Thanks in advance

A:1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me..

well i see the problem is because of softwares installed in your system.
do these steps:
1) go to msconfig (type it in start menu) then uncheck any unwanted programs that are running in your startup. place the screen shot of that here so i can help you on that.
2) check your drivers and make sure you have the latest and updated ones
3)check your system with an antivirus

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/273347-1282mb-hardware-reserved-memory-seems-too-much-me.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hardware reserved memory on my laptop increased to 4.6gb for no apparent reason.

details: Hp pavillion G6 notebook Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s) bios:BIOS Version Insyde F.6A

installed physicall memory 6gb total physical memory(usable) 1.48gb which was formerly 5.5gb.

As far as i can tell ive updated all drivers and bios,checked that the max memory box in msconfig is unchecked. cant access the locked/hidden options in bios and the regedit page file value change didnt work either. done a system recovery, still no change and i have not opened the laptop physically,because i have not made any physical changes to it since purchase
any new help will be appreciated

A:hardware reserved memory increased

Welcome to sevenforums,

You should put a screenshot here of your Resources Monitor (memory tab) for some being able to help solving your problem.

See if it helps: Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402656-hardware-reserved-memory-increased.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hi i have a bit of a problem with memory GB reserved ) ( usable Hardware my laptop My laptop used to have gb ram and still have used and i taught ok its close but today i upgred it to gb ram and still have used what seem to be Hardware reserved memory ( usable GB ) the problem as u can see resource monitor is showing gb hardware resource p s i have tried msconfig ad it is not working here is all u need to know about my laptop System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP- KLG GR Operating System Windows Pro -bit Build th - Language Bosnian Latin Regional Setting Bosnian Latin System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP ProBook b BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD A - MX APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled Miracast Not Available Microsoft Graphics Hybrid Not Supported DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD G Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Type Full Device Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC A Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Feature Levels Driver Model WDDM Graphics Preemption DMA Compute Preemption DMA Miracast Not Supported by Graphics driver Hybrid Graphics GPU Not Applicable Power P-states Not Applicable Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF-F - BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x C Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf cb ae e bfb f ati mtag Sumo Mobile ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver DA Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C DXVA Modes DXVA ModeMPEG VLD DXVA ModeMPEG IDCT DXVA ModeH VLD NoFGT DXVA ModeVC VLD DXVA ModeMPEG pt VLD AdvSimple NoGMC Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YU... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385900-hardware-reserved-memory-usable-gb.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey everyone I bought a Lenovo Z laptop AMD memory issue reserved x64 hardware dual graphics variant last year for some light gaming while on vacation It came with GB stick to which I promptly x64 hardware reserved memory issue added another The system properties showed that only GB of the installed were usable I started with the MSCONFIG maximum memory option updated the bios bought a new x kit of memory even took it from it's preinstalled Win x to pro x thinking maybe the factory installed OS was messed up and I wasn't a fan of Lenovo support insists I have a bit OS installed disc case and system properties dialogue say otherwise the RAM is bad all sticks test fine in another machines and individually in this one and that they can't touch it since it has a different OS on it than factory Also in my testing I've found that it will boot with a single stick in one of the slots but not the other no matter which one it is Any ideas I'm fresh out

A:x64 hardware reserved memory issue

From post #1

Quote:
MSCONFIG maximum memory option

Could you please explain this? What you did where?
If it's what I think you did it should look like this.

Could you give us a full picture of this below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321334-x64-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 79.98%

This weekend I got home and set my laptop up started playing a game and it froze up on me I didn t think too much of it restarted went on youtube and a Freezing and Hardware Reserved Memory few videos later it hung up again This time however it resumed after a while of stuttering Since then I have had three other hangups Hardware Reserved Memory and Freezing just this weekend that I had to restart from I was looking through my explorer and noticed that Hardware Reserved Memory and Freezing under my System tab it showed my RAM as GB GB usable so I started looking into this I never remember this being this way Under my resource manager it is showing mb reserved for hardware which seems very strange My graphics card is dedicated so I have no clue what would be causing this So my computer is using approx of my RAM all the time just doing basic tasks and it freezes up quite often if i start doing memory intensive things like classwork Googling the issue showed a few people talking about reformatting their computers or remapping their memory in bios I did reformat a few weeks ago but I don t know that the issue stems from there There is no memory mapping option in my bios so that s out I actually decided to reformat again today to see if it helped and this time I completely reset my harddrive instead of just reinstalling windows but it still didn t fix the issue I ve run windows memory diagnostic and it says there is no issue Memtest I had running for about hours last night no errors reported but it lists my memory as MB not MB like it should be If one of my RAM cards were dead would it show up in my System tab Why would that cause it to be under reserved What else could be the cause here Doubting it s software related at this point since I just completely reformatted my computer Win GB RAM ASUS N SV laptop Intel Core Duo GHZ T nvidia M Edit Suppose it may be worth something to mention the reinstalling of windows a few weeks back was due to multiple blue screens messing up my registry

A:Hardware Reserved Memory and Freezing

Memtest86 I had running for about 8 hours last night, no errors reported but it lists my memory as 3017MB, not 4096MB like it should be..Hi -It seems that you are OK with playing a bit with your computer from the post.I would prefer it if you could run Memtest86 with only one stick of RAM installed, and then repeat it.>>it lists my memory as 3017MB, not 4096MB like it should be.. << Do you mean there are 4 sticks of RAM.If one stick is not regestering this will find it, and you can then replace it.Single stick tests should not take quite as long, since a bad one will show up quicker.Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426634/hardware-reserved-memory-and-freezing/
Relevancy 79.98%

My computer has been pretty slow lately, so I when I went to the task manager, I see less than 2gb of RAM(as you can see in the attached screenshot) . I have no idea how to fix this. Any sugestions?

A:Hardware reserved memory issue

Did you install any updates or new video driver around this time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/325047-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 79.12%

My system Specs Windows Ultimate x HP - t Desktop x Hardware by Physical Memory High Reserved gig RAM sticks DDR Samsung GB Memory RX PC - U MS- Iona-GL E Initial Issues Recently my computer began having problems at startup The computer would load to the windows start up screen black with the spinning balls that combine to the windows icon and then shut itself off Initial Troubleshooting At first I thought this was the PSU which I tried replacing from another computer but this did not change anything Eventually I tried moving around my RAM sticks After moving around the sticks the computer would start up and runs however I have a new problem Current Issue My computer is currently running very slowly Checking resource monitor shows that gigs of my gigs of ram is being reserved by hardware System properties shows High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware that i have gigs of RAM but only gigs is useable If I go into the Bios I can see that it recognizes the three gig sticks but on a separate line that reads quot Physical Memory installed quot says there is only gigs of RAM Current Troubleshooting Ram Configuration very strange I have identical sticks of RAM and four slots in the mobo I have tried many configurations xxx x xx xx x xxx As near as I can tell the first memory High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware slot is broken as any stick in that slot will cause the computer to fail to start up In fact the monitor won't even receive a signal That leaves only the xxx configuration for me to try Even though the memory sticks are identical as near as I can tell same product number even the order seems to matter Some orders will boot to the startup screen and then shut down others will fail to boot or even send a message to the monitor However some orders will actually allow the computer to start up fine but all of them give the same issue with available RAM I described previously Even stranger to note is that the computer will boot up just fine with any one of the RAM sticks alone provided it is not in the x slot I have updated reset and re-updated the bios I have gone into msconfig- gt boot- gt advanced options- gt and unchecked the max memory box I have run memtest on every stick in multiple slots no errors My Bios does not seem to support memory remapping I have checked for AGP Aperture size I have checked for RAM compatibility with my mobo it ran for years previous to this incident anyway Disabling Superfetch and restarting

A:High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware

Hi there and welcome to SF!

Firstly could you provide a screenshot of your task manager showing the exact RAM Usage?

Could you also check in the services list and see if Superfetch or Prefetch are enabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/317464-high-physical-memory-reserved-hardware.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I used HP Pavilion G4-2216TU, 2Gb DDR3 RAM, Intel HD 4000, and Windows 8 Pro 32 bit, x64 processor.
The usable memory only 935 Mb, fewer than hardware-reserved that take 1,1 Gb of memory.

Is that normal ? that hardware-reserved took more memory rather than usable ??
please if any explanation for what reason they do that ?

I've check the BIOS, no remapping setting that I can use for.
can I remapping / reduce those hardware-reserved usage in such other way ?
or how can i increase my usable memory close to installed RAM ?
I've not done any change or upgrade since I bought that new laptop, and its seem memory-load is too busy
(I've check with the performance-monitor).

please any assistant will be appraciate.
looking for your replies.

thanks, best regards.
irfan eb.

A:how to reduce hardware-reserved memory usage ?

Some of it is probably used by video. On the other hand 2GB of memory is just too little for today's computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26286-how-reduce-hardware-reserved-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,
I have this strange issue. When i turn on my pc at first it has half of the memory as "hardware reserved". And when i reboot my device, things go back to normal. It's been annoying for a while, because I have to boot my notebook for 2 times! Here are some screenshots attached which show the situation after the first boot, the second boot and some more information about my system. Thank you!

A:Hardware reserved memory issue (fixes after reboot)

This is typical of the corruption that comes when WIn7 is preinstalled with a boatload of sponsored crapware and duplicate utilities that throttle Win7 native state. HP is the very worst for this.

Most tech enthusiasts prefer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps in the blue link show you how to get and keep a perfect install if you use only the tools and methods in the tutorial.

At the minimum I would Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270091-hardware-reserved-memory-issue-fixes-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 78.26%

So i was trying to play a few steam games lately, and i noticed they were running really slow and weren't loading properly, so i went to investigate what was going on, and then i stumbled on to this

\

So after that i went to the web, To try and figure out solutions, now The First solution i found was to update my BIOS, so i went ahead and did that

Still had the same problem,
So after that, i remeber that i just reinstalled win 7, so i scrounged up my mobos driver disk and installed everything i could

Still nothing, still seeing 13GB as hardware reserved.

Below are a few screens of probbly stuff youll want to see or ask for

Also FUll build can be found here.

Any and all help would be appreciated, Thanks

A:Hardware reserved show Huge amount of memory

In your last screen print it shows you have Windows 32 Bit installed.
You would need to do a clean install with Windows 64 Bit to use all your RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383820-hardware-reserved-show-huge-amount-memory.html
Relevancy 78.26%

SPECs Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies 32bit Reserved Hardware of (2.5gb WIN Issue 8gb) Usable out Memory 7 LTD PG Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Adapter Description NVIDIA Hardware Reserved Memory Issue (2.5gb Usable out of 8gb) WIN 7 32bit GeForce GT Adapter RAM MB bytes Motherboard nForce i SLI SPP nForce i SLI MCP Hello I've been searching these forums and all over the web for an answer but have found no solutions I've got gb of DDR Ram installed and only gbs of that is available I've attempted to activate PAE but that is no go I've reinstalled each ram alone so see if it were the sticks themselves and still no good The Hardware Reserved Memory Issue (2.5gb Usable out of 8gb) WIN 7 32bit only update for the Bios is years old and I had to do a system restore when I attempted to update it I can't find much info on Nvidia SLI so I'm stumped I run with Windows Home Premium bit and I do know that a certain percentage will be reserved but gbs of ram being held is ridiculous My video card only takes up mb so that doesn't seem to be the issue Any insight would be greatly appreciated

A:Hardware Reserved Memory Issue (2.5gb Usable out of 8gb) WIN 7 32bit

Hi Erriiieeee welcome to SevenForums

The reason you're seeing 2.5GBs is due to your 32-bit OS version of Windows 7 Home Premium . 32-bit OSes dont see anything past 2.5GBs . If you want to see 8GBs you would need 64-bit version of Windows . That would need to be a reinstallation of Windows 7 not an upgrade .

Take a look at the link below to achieve the best solution

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Tip
Please look at Step 1 and 2 in the above tutorial . If you need a 64-bit version of your Windows 7 Home Premium

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/291564-hardware-reserved-memory-issue-2-5gb-usable-out-8gb-win-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Joined today just so I can put this little problem out there and see - is Hardware required.. high Reserved Memory advice/opinions if someone can shed some light on it as it has baffled me somewhat I have gb of RAM installed on Windows -bit I Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required.. know Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required.. that -bit won t allow me to use all of it but I believe I should be able to access at least Gb Anyway I can only use Gb as alot is Hardware Reserved Mb to be precise I could accept that fact if the following didn t happen - this is what is confusing me no end When I remove one strip of RAM I have x gb the memory obviously drops to gb BUT the hardware reserved memory also drops - to MB As soon as I put the other strip back in and go back to Gb I m suddenly hit with the Mb Hardware reserved again To try diagnosing things I removed my PCI graphics card and used the onboard VGA The hardware reserved memory then dropped to Mb so I came to the conclusion that the graphics card is taking mb But this is what confuses me when I only have gb installed the hardware reserved is mb so nothing is been reserved for the graphics card in this case and whatever is using the other mb doesn t take it either I need the VGA card installed as I use two monitors at work and the card is dual head Can anyone tell me why the hardware reserved memory rockets up to Mb when I have the gb installed yet is only mb with gb installed Surely if the VGA card and whatever else needs the mb then it would still try and take it with only gb installed I really need to try and free up this reserved memory as I need to run Virtual PCs on my machine and have a few other programs open at once It s just bugging me like hell now Cheers all Ade

A:Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required..

Hello Ade,

Everything you describes sounds about right to me. The more memory you add, the more Windows will try to allocate; however, with only 2 GBs installed, windows (probably) cannot allocate memory to specific functions because it may have to swap programs in and out of memory as required. However, once you up it to 4 GBs, a new allocation scheme kicks in. First off, windows will take (up to) a full 1GB of memory off the top due to your 32 bit OS limitation. How much it takes off depends on your chipset limitations and/or your bios restrictions. So, when you upped the memory to 4 GBs, windows decided there was now enough memory to allocate a specific amount to the graphics function, and it appears that allocation will vary (on your machine) based on whether or not you are using onboard graphics or an external graphics card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494078/hardware-reserved-memory-is-high-adviceopinions-required/
Relevancy 73.96%

New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4?

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150
Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600
SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5
CRUCIAL BX100 250GB SATA3
SEASONIC 860W PLATINUM ACTIVE PFC

A:DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

It probably doesn't matter, what does the manual say ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34068-dimm-slot-1-3-dimm-slot-2-4-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello - I have a bit a a problem, not so big now, but will be in the future...

A quick overview of my system specs:

MSI K8N Neo-Force 4
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 x Nanya 512mb RAM, 1 x Corsair 512mb
ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (Sapphire)
200gb Seagate Barracuda
120gb Seagate Barracuda
2 x DVD/CD Combo Drives (TS-H552)

Heres the problem: DIMM slots 1 and 3 run fine, but 2 and 4 wont accept RAM... it gives me long beeps, so something is wrong with the slots... The RAM is compatible with each other, I checked that, and it is compatible with my system.

Do these slots take a different kind of RAM or is something wrong with the motherboard?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I have Slots on my motherboard for Ram I have a and x PC Ram Sticks When I have in the first slot it boots up Trouble? Slot Dimm fine When I put the Dimm Slot Trouble? other two in My computer freezes after the first two boot up pages then restarts Does anyone know what can cause this problem Also how can I test if the other dimm slots are working or faulty I ve added a Hijack This file also Dimm Slot Trouble? Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-au msnappau exe C WINDOWS system Mixerbar exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E EXE programs HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www news com au O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-au msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run Mixerbar C WINDOWS system Mixerbar exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm Pro lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF A FD C -A C- FC-ADB - D Creative Software AutoUpdate - http www creative com su ocx CTSUEng cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - DPF F ACF C-C C- B- BEF- B D Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package - http www creative com su ocx CTPID cab Soltek Motherboard SL- KAV PC SDRAM AMD Athlon nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

As the title suggest my motherboard seems to have an issue reading memory I have x gb sticks and the computer will not boot unless a specific stick is in the A dimm slot The computer refuses to boot if that same stick is in any other slot and when placed in the A slot a beep message indicating I have no memory installed occurs The other stick seems to not work in any slot including A and the computer will only boot with two sticks if they're in A A but still only reads stick This problem arose after I installed a Hyper cooler I have read of similar issues due to the instillation being to tight and remedying it by loosing however I loosened it and the problem still persist I fear I might be too late and the damage has been done I do issue. slot RAM/Dimm need all gb to be accessible so any help or advice is welcome As for the memory itself the stick that can boot with the computer reads no error yet it still only works in that slot The other stick I received after an rma of a previous one I can assume the stick works fine but I can't test it I have also updated my bios to the most current version

A:RAM/Dimm slot issue.

Sort of the same thing here,

Asus X58 + 6/12GB memory overclocking - detecting less memory than installed - i4memory.com - different look at memory

lots of different troubleshooting tips to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174030-ram-dimm-slot-issue.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Well I recently decided to upgrade from 1gig of RAM to 2Gigs on my A7N8X-E Deluxe 2800+ ... It had 2 512Ram sticks in the first 2 slots (Which I assume means it never was running dual channel mode right?) Well I went and got a 1gig stick that matches exactly to every spec the 512 sticks have, except its one gig instead of 512. I put the 1gig stick in the #1 slot, 512 sticks in #2 and #3, but it shows i have 1536 RAM, the 3rd Dimm slot is not picking up anything at all, like its empty, except it isnt, and I know all 3 sticks of ram work just fine

Is there something Im missing thats causing the 3rd Dimm slot to not recongnize anything there? Because the PC does know it has a 3rd slot

A:PC Not Recognizing 3rd DIMM Slot?

Put the two 512MB memory modules in slots 1 & 2 leaving the 3rd slot to house the 1GB memory module. If that doesn't work, try booting the system with each memory module by itself to see if you haven't "burnt" one of the modules during the installation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-recognizing-3rd-dimm-slot.90744/
Relevancy 73.1%

My 2nd DIMM slot is not recognising my DDR2 RAM.

I have 2 slots with 256mb in each. I safely took the 2nd one out to check the type because i am upgrading to 2gb. I put it back in again and now when I press F2 on startup the 2nd DIMM slot is classed as "Empty"

Any suggestions? Thanks

A:DIMM slot not recognising RAM

reset your cmos and retry. If that doesn't work - your slot went bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dimm-slot-not-recognising-ram.56966/
Relevancy 72.24%

A couple of weeks ago, I attempted to install a new DIMM into my computer. During this attempt, the clip on one of the sides broke off. The slot still works but since it ends up being vertical when I put my computer back together, the DIMM keeps working its way loose. I suddenly drop 512MB when I turn my computer back on.

Is there any way, short of replacing the computer or motherboard, to firmly hold the DIMM in place?

Relevancy 72.24%

i have just built myself a pc, using an asus k8v se deluxe motherboard, amd 64 2800+ cpu, asus 9520 td graphics card, crucial ddr400 512mb ram, maxtor 160gb sata hdd's and optical drives.
put the pc together and went to install windows, only to find it would blue screen and reset, i search the net and it said this could be due to bad ram, so i ram a mem test and it came back ok, tried putting the dimm from slot 1 to slot 2 but the same thing happened, put it in slot 3 and it worked!
tried a friends pc2100 ram and that worked in all three slots.
put the pc2100 ram in slot 1 and the ddr400 ram in slot 2 and that worked (where as before with the ddr400 on its own in slot 1 or 2 it would fail)

any ideas as to whats wrong?

many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dimm-slot-1-and-2-error-with-ddr400.300679/
Relevancy 72.24%

Well ill get right to it months ago i came back from work and a dimm slot wasn t working led load indicators on ram so i pulled it out made sure there wasn t anything making a bad connection put it back in still didn t work tried different sticks still didn t work So i did an rma to asus and they sent it back saying it just needed a bios update but the thing is i tried every bios slot? dimm causing Cpu/Mobo bad version they had I don t know if it actually fixed it or Cpu/Mobo causing bad dimm slot? not as i forgot thermal compound doh but i don t believe that it actually fixed it so now my suspisions are on the cpu Could a bad AMD processor cause a specific dimm slot not to work cuz i ve heard they have their memory controller on the processor Any guesses ill post again monday after i get the grease c if it does actually work thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I have 6 DIMM slots. 3 of them are red and 3 are black. Is there any difference between the two colors? I have a P6T mobo.

A:Difference between DIMM slot colors

There are 2 RAM channels. Each channel has a different color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/105917-difference-between-dimm-slot-colors.html
Relevancy 71.81%

When running memory diagnostic tests, I get a failure where the logs point to "Channel Num 0 DIMM Num 1" - but nothing about which of the four slots contains the failing DIMM.Where can I find documentation that translates this Channel/DIMM numbering scheme to Slot Numbers 1-4 or physical slot locations (Primary or Expansion) mentioned in the service manual? I've tried to keep this question brief and to the point, but I can provide more detail if necessary. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ZBook-17-how-to-locate-slot-for-failing-DIMM/td-p/5649282
Relevancy 71.38%

Alright guys Now before Solved: upgrade Memory advice? DIMM you go dissing my laptop try to keep in mind that I was looking for a machine that did everything I wanted for and found that I didn t spend a penny more My PC handles the intense stuff but this laptop chats with buddies surfs the web and loads USB homework papers at most usually Solved: DIMM Memory upgrade advice? I didn t need anything super but it came with a docking station battery their carrying case cable RW drive PC cards among other little tools I got hooked up with and happens to support my every camera scanner external drive etc toy that I have And unlike other laptops this one has a very easy-to-access upgrade area I can remove the hard drive in the blink of an eye Just wanted to mention that - in the past I d post about a question and all I got in reply was quot You overpaid for that piece of crap quot instead of help I have the following machine Link with the exact photo is here http www epinions com cmd-review- - E B E- DF-prod Notice the digital display at the top of the keyboard looks exactly like mine But the Pentium II version explanation is here http www findarticles com p articles mi m EIN is May ai please read the brief explanation and scroll down to the MHz version Hard to believe that in totaling everything I got in the deal would have been over ANYWAY It might also be important to mention that I threw XP Pro on it auto driver installtion please and am amazed that it isn t the least bit sluggish Even so I have a question See inside it has of memory slots being used and that kills me I think about that open slot a lot lt Physical BIOS Memory Banks gt DIMM RASL- RASL- MB DIMM SDRAM single-bank DIMM RASL- RASL- MB DIMM SDRAM single-bank DIMM RASL- RASL- MB DIMM SDRAM single-bank DIMM Empty See that But it can actually hold MB Now I m a real n b and know NOTHING about DIMM memory is it the oldest form of memory Is it super expensive Can I buy just one slot s worth at a time and need you guys to tell me what s up How do I make it hold MB and how much will that cost me OR how much for that one little bank s worth how many MBs can I put in slot Will a used PC shop throw me some of that memory at a decent price Thanks in advance for your input -------- P S Getting more specific now how the heck do I know how many PINS I need for my SimpleTech MB Module I believe that s what I need nbsp

A:Solved: DIMM Memory upgrade advice?

According to Crucial http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...&tabid=AM&model=TransPort+NX+Series&submit=Go
the Micron Transport NX can hold a maximum of 384MB SODIMM RAM
Since they recommend of 128MB module I would assume that each slot would accept at least that size. At present your notebook has 192MB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dimm-memory-upgrade-advice.413447/
Relevancy 70.95%

Ok so, I fried my motherboard a while back and am just now getting an Abit barebone kit with a brand new motherboard and was wondering whether my DDR RDIMM will work in the new DDR2 RIMM memory expansion slots?
Abit Barbone Kit tech Info:

Diablo Black and Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with 400 Watt Power Supply
Abit LG-95Z Intel Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard
Intel Celeron D 360 3.46GHz OEM Processor

Here is a link to the barebone kit at Tigerdirect.com:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3094330&CatId=1908

A:will DDR DRIMM work in DDR2 DIMM expansion slot?

No. You need ddr2 memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-ddr-drimm-work-in-ddr2-dimm-expansion-slot.583293/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Guys, I recently joined these forums due to a error BSOD which I received great help with, thing is running MemtestCL, Memtest86+ and Windows Memory Diagnostics, I kept getting "Hardware Problem Detected".

So one by one I tried the Modules in all 4 DIMM Slots and 2 sticks together A1,A2,B1,B2 slots but returned Errors, tried this on all 4, and found one Module was causing the error message.

I tried the remaining 3 Modules in all the slots with no error at all, my question is, does this sound like a problem with the Module itself? Or the Motherboard??

A:Bad Module or Bad DIMM Slot? Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Module. If all the other sticks worked in every slot, its the ram. Were it the mobo slot, known good sticks would test bad in the mis-behaving mobo slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232117-bad-module-bad-dimm-slot-corsair-vengeance-16gb.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

I have seen a fair amount of discussion regarding Win8 x64 OS demanding a high amount of RAM, but none of the solutions recommended have solved my issue.

My (inherited) Sony VAIO has 4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 RAM. This amount is recognized by BIOS. Resource monitor and task manager both inform me that 2.3gb of this RAM is hardware reserved. This seems atypical as compared to similar systems proffered elsewhere in this forum.

As far as I know, every aspect of the system is factory with the exception of the OS. It was upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win8 x64 before it came into my possession.

Quick Specs:
Win8 x64
Radeon HD 4200 (256mb reserved)
AMD? Athlon? II X2 2.10ghz
Screenshot for reference:
To this point I have tried:
1) Swapping RAM channels
2) Updating BIOS (from Sony Website)
3) Memory Diagnostic
4) Ticking and unticking MSCONFIG > Boot > Advanced > Max Memory

Thanks.

A:Unusually High "Hardware Reserved" Memory

My first impression is that the onboard graphics chip is using system memory for video. There should be some BIOS or other setting to control how much system ram it will use.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49921-unusually-high-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Howdy everyone So my situation seems pretty sticky at the moment I have a home built machine that has been blue screening pretty consistently for the past few weeks no loss of hard drive material I had scanned for malware updated drivers and restored the system to what i perceived a stable restore point These things did not solve the issue so I was then led to testing to see if the memory Suspect Motherboard Hardware Mystery Memory or Issue- was faulty By recommendation of other threads on this site I downloaded memtest to scan the memory sticks My initial scan of all sticks came back with an overwhelming number of errors ish which then led me to test each individual stick Stick scanned with no errors in the first memory slot Stick scanned with no errors in the first memory slot I was subbing each one in the first slot After putting in Mystery Hardware Issue- Suspect Motherboard or Memory the rd stick and powering the machine disappointingly there was no display on the monitor The monitor light was flashing it was receiving power yet no signal from the machine Since then I have tried most every combination of memory sticks hoping that it was some Mystery Hardware Issue- Suspect Motherboard or Memory sort of connection issue but with the same Mystery Hardware Issue- Suspect Motherboard or Memory negative results- no display The machine is receiving power the motherboard is lit and fans are going yet the monitor remains on standby I am unable to do most troubleshooting as I am without any visibility to diagnose My machine is a home built original with the following components Windows Professional b Processor CPU INTEL CORE I G M R Memory Gx CORSAIR CML GX M A C B Hard Drive T HITACHI HDS BLA K - Power supply SEASONIC SS- KM ACTIVE PFC F Motherboard ASUS P P DELUXE REV P Video Card VGA PNY VCQ -PB RT I am sure that I am forgetting some information to share but any and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED

A:Mystery Hardware Issue- Suspect Motherboard or Memory

I reposted in internal hardware because i thought it was more appropriate:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454100.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454097/mystery-hardware-issue-suspect-motherboard-or-memory/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I get one computer working another one has to stop working Last year I wanted to build a computer using very out-dated computer parts except the keyboard mouse and monitor I installed Windows SE amp Windows Everything was working until about a month ago For some strange reason all a sudden I m getting a floppy error even if the floppy is disconected and a quot Keyboard locked - Unlock key switch quot error I cant get into the BIOS or boot to windows because the keyboard is locked and the computer freezes If Solved: Gateway 1 Slot motherboard I unplug the keyboard I can start Win k because it s the default OS I plug the keyboard in after windows starts but the keyboard doesn t respond The mouse moves but cant click What s strange is a couple hours before I had these problems I was reading about how computers used to have switches to lock the keyboard and mouse System Specs Gateway E motherboard Slot PIII processor MB PC RAM GB IDE hard drive MB graphics card PCI Soundblaster ISA card nbsp

A:Solved: Slot 1 Gateway motherboard

I still have an old Gateway slot 1 machine I keep around to play with from time to time.

The 1st thing I would try is to remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes so BIOS will reset. If you can access BIOS after it resets set the time and choose the default BIOS configuration, save and exit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slot-1-gateway-motherboard.904562/
Relevancy 65.79%

EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i

Does this motherboard have a slot/support for a 2.0 PCI-E x16 slot? This is such a lame question, but thanks for your help.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I have a computer that was used just for kids to surf the net on and email and such it s motherboard died got that verified by a tech guy DIMM's for Need 168 Motherboard pin CPU Well I just bought memory chips for it a couple of months ago and Need Motherboard CPU for 168 pin DIMM's I thought I d get another motherboard that would take this type of memory I can t find any in my searches could be my fault most likely Can anyone help me out I don t want a major upgrade just something that will function The one that died is an AMD w Sound Video and mhz CPU A motherboard with CPU would be ideal I m lookin for something used cheap affordable Any ideas on where I may find one or how to search for a specific motherboard that takes this specific type of memory I must not be searching properly because I keep coming up with the biggest badest ones available Thanks for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-motherboard-cpu-for-168-pin-dimms.515616/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an IBM T30 laptop which has 2 slots for memory. Which is the primary? I am adding a 512 mb memory module and I want to know which slot should contain the 512 and which
one the remaining 256. BTW, even though I have a 256 in each slot most of the time it only
recognizes a single 256 module. Thanks for your info.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

I'm working on a windows vista computer that would restart randomly and get a window exception bsod. I took out a memory module and ran memtest86 with memory in slot 1. Failed. Swapped it out with another memory stick but on the SAME slot on the motherboard. Failed.

Took that stick, put it in another slot on mobo. Passed. Took the other stick put in in that next slot, got the restarts again. Could it be that the memory slot that went bad on the mobo also caused the memory stick to go down with it?

A:Solved: bad memory stick AND slot?

Yes, that could be possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-memory-stick-and-slot.1011709/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, well I know there is a way to find this info out by opening the computer case but I do not have any tools to do that as of yet. And so I was wondering about software that can find this info out as well as other hardware system info. I did come across EVEREST Free Edition which seems pretty good but am interested to know your opinions too. Thanks.

A:Software to identify DIMM or SODIMM and Other hardware info?

I and a lot of other computer users use Speccy ,from the makers od Ccleaner and other great software
http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Speccy is an advanced System Information tool for your PC. Need to find out what's inside your computer? No problem! Speccy will give you all the information you need.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537806/software-to-identify-dimm-or-sodimm-and-other-hardware-info/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am in the planning stage of building a Pentium 4 computer for graphics processing. I want 2GB of RAM. The motherboards I am looking at all have the Intel 845E chipset that requires DDR SDRAM. They will take 2GB, but they only have 3 DIMM slots. How can I use four 512MB memory modules?
Thanks,

Steve

A:How to install 2GB (4-512MB) when the motherboard only has 3 DIMM slots?

You spend LOTs of money on 2 512 and 1 1GB chip?

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...X64C25/1G&SearchType=KingPNFind&submit=Search

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-install-2gb-4-512mb-when-the-motherboard-only-has-3-dimm-slots.101427/
Relevancy 62.78%

would it be a good idea to buy Three (3) 4gb x 2 kits (24gb total) to save money instead of buying Two (2) 4gb x 3 kits (24gb total)? what are the risks if there are any?

A:Three 4gb x 2 kits on my 6 DIMM motherboard a good idea?

x58 boards are tri-channel so running pairs your going to be leaving a memory channel empty, will kind of take the advantage of x58 9xx series setup away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222631-three-4gb-x-2-kits-my-6-dimm-motherboard-good-idea.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi again! What is the CL designation? How do these two differ?

256MB $89.99 (USD) CT32M64S4D75 SDRAM, PC133 CL=3 Unbuffered Non-parity 133MHz 3.3V 32Meg x 64

256MB $89.99 (USD) CT32M64S4D7E SDRAM, PC133 CL=2 Unbuffered Non-parity 133MHz 3.3V 32Meg x 64

I was looking at memory at crucial.com.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi

I just bought a PC133, 168-pin SDRAM DIMM (128MB) for an Advent Athlon 1.1GHz, to bring the total up to 256Mb.

The stick is actually not as tall as the manufacturer-installed stick, but is the same in all other repects.

The trouble is, after installing it correctly, the system still says '128Mb RAM' - both in Control Panel-System and at start up....

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

Is there a difference in DIMM memories? My motherboard' book reads that the DIMMs required must be 100 MHZ. Do they come in different pi configurations?

Relevancy 61.49%

I put a stick in...(256) and macine only counts it as 128...what gives. I was told PC133...would work in PC100 boards. Was I lied to?

Relevancy 61.06%

I got a friend who has an old P3 OptiPlex GX1 with 450MHz processor http://www.pixpond.com/1/m3ieyz.jpg who wants to up his memory to 512. Belarc says he has DIMM, and when I went to Crucial to check they say it's SDRAM http://tinyurl.com/pzwzb for his Dell Optiplex. Will this crucial memory work and why the different wording with DIMM vs SDRAM..??
TIA ..

Relevancy 60.63%

hey everyone,

I just upgraded to win 8 X86. I have 32 gigs (4 8Gb Sticks) of ram (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233297) installed. My mobo(MSI ZH77A-G43) detects it all. however win 8 only says that there is 3.2 gigs available and the rest is hardware reserved. I'm using GTX 650 video card. With all updated drivers and bios. Already been to the system configuration and ensured that the Max memory was unchecked and it was. Anyone got any ideas and suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

~Xtreampb~

Relevancy 60.63%

I installed Windows 8 on a USB stick (with the help of WAIK). When I run that, I see nearly 3GB of hardware reserved RAM - total RAM is 6GB. When I run Windows 7 on the same system from my SSD, there are only a few MBs as hardware reserved.

Does anybody have an idea why the USB stick installed Win 8 would make such a big hardware reservation.

A:3GB hardware reserved

I don't know enough about Windows 8 to answer conclusively but it sounds like you need to enable memory remapping in your BIOS. I have seen this happen in Windows 7. I think it has to do with your motherboard. I wish I could be more helpful. It's a place to start.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/5125-3gb-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi!
I have this PC for over a year now, but I wasn't really looking to solve this problem, but it's annoying now.... Apps need more RAM and so on...

PC specs: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 rev 3.0 motherboard, AMD FX 6300 black, Gigabyte GeForce 760
I had 2x4GB 1600MHz CL10 Patriot RAM, tryed in friend's PC, they worked there. So we changed our RAMS and he gave me Kingston CL9 1600MHz RAM. Same problem.

RAM sticks are properly put in dual channel (have 4 slots, tryed both dual channel possibilities). BIOS detects all 8gigs usable. Memtest 86+ too.

I had Windows 7 x64, few days ago I reinstalled to Windows 8.1 x64, expecting problem to be solved. I was wrong.
I have system on 60GB Kingston SSD, all data on 1TB HDD.

Screenshots:
1. CtrlV.cz
2. CtrlV.cz

A:Hardware reserved RAM (1/2 of 8GB)

Did you install 32 bit windows? It will only see somewhat less than 4GB.

Re-install using the 64 bit version if you did...

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63984-hardware-reserved-ram-1-2-8gb.html
Relevancy 60.63%

im using win 8,1 64bit and i have 6gb of ram and 5 are in use,

i tried this with msconfig to untick memory use but it was already like that.

also i checked bios and bios recognizes 6gb of ram

im suspisious about the integrated graphics card of the cpu which is 1gb,so maybe it takes 1gb from the ram

the dedicated is 2gb with which im playing my games.

i want to use all the 6gb if its possible cause im playing heavy games,so guys im waiting for your advise and help

here are the laptops specs  
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2EV6ZgEa4ikX2Zh4Y01KAoh

thanks

A:1gb of ram is hardware reserved

You are right. 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (Lenovo) 
This is the thing that takes your ram. Your CPU has integrated Graphic controller and it uses memory from your Ram.
It will not eat your free Ram as long as you use the other GPU.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573120/1gb-of-ram-is-hardware-reserved/
Relevancy 60.63%

I want to help my friend to add memory. But on her mainboard she have 2 kind of memory : 2 sockets DIMM SDRAM and 2 sockets SIMM EDO/FPM DRAM. If She have a 64 MB installed on a SIMM EDO DRAM can I add 64 MB DIMM SDRAM ? If yes, Does the total of memory will be 128 MB or the system will only see the 64 MB SIMM EDO DRAM installed ? Thank you for your help.

Relevancy 60.63%

Maximum DDR3 memory DIMM for ThinkCentre M58 MT M6234-A1U:    I find the owner's manual and it limits the machine to the then-current DDR3 2GB 1066MHz DIMM. Time and technology have moved on since then, as have BIOS updates. I am having trouble determining what the maximum allowed memory upgrade for this system is today (March 2013).  I can readily purchase DDR3 4GB 1066MHz DIMM and therefore wonder if I bought four of those memory sticks, would they work?

Mod:  edited Subject line for improved clarity

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M58/M58p: 4GB DIMM support for 16GB max memory (RA...

The 8gb maximum is a chipset limit, not a BIOs limit. Not sure if 4gb sticks would work.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M58-M58p-4GB-DIMM-support-for-16GB-max-memory-RAM/td-p/1074941
Relevancy 60.63%

Maximum DDR3 memory DIMM for ThinkCentre M58 MT M6234-A1U:    I find the owner's manual and it limits the machine to the then-current DDR3 2GB 1066MHz DIMM. Time and technology have moved on since then, as have BIOS updates. I am having trouble determining what the maximum allowed memory upgrade for this system is today (March 2013).  I can readily purchase DDR3 4GB 1066MHz DIMM and therefore wonder if I bought four of those memory sticks, would they work?

Mod:  edited Subject line for improved clarity

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M58: 4GB DIMM support for 16GB maximum memory (RAM...

The 8gb maximum is a chipset limit, not a BIOs limit. Not sure if 4gb sticks would work.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M58-4GB-DIMM-support-for-16GB-maximum-memory-RAM/td-p/1074941
Relevancy 60.63%

does any one know if the 512Mb PC3200 184pin DDR 400 DIMM Memory is compatible with the dell dimention 1100?

A:512Mb PC3200 184pin DDR 400 DIMM Memory

you need PC2700 from what i can see... if you get PC3200 it will just run slower, running at PC2700 speeds (333 MHZ rather than 400 MHZ)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/512mb-pc3200-184pin-ddr-400-dimm-memory.44760/
Relevancy 60.63%

I find the owner's manual and it limits the machine to the then-current DDR3 2GB 1066MHz DIMM. Time and technology have moved on since then, as have BIOS updates. I am having trouble determining what the maximum allowed memory upgrade for this system is today (March 2013).  I can readily purchase DDR3 4GB 1066MHz DIMM and therefore wonder if I bought four of those memory sticks, would they work?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Maximum DDR3 memory DIMM for ThinkCentre M58 MT M6...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Maximum-DDR3-memory-DIMM-for-ThinkCentre-M58-MT-M6234-A1U/td-p/1074941
Relevancy 60.63%

I am looking to upgrade my RAM to 4GB. Am I better off using 2 Dimm's @ 2GB or 4 Dimm's @ 1GB?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 59.77%

My computer has 542MB of RAM locked up as reserved, is there any way to reduce this? msconfig has had the option unchecked, checking that brings the reserved RAM up to 1GB

A:My hardware has 542MB of RAM reserved

@SeeTarno12? When did you do the W10 upgrade??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-hardware-has-542MB-of-RAM-reserved/td-p/5731291
Relevancy 59.77%

Ive got a Sony Vaio 64bit laptop dual processor 2.20 GHz. Its been very slow - the computer usage will stay about 70% and memory usage is alwasy >90%?? I looked at resource monitor and:

2300MB hardware reserved
664MB in use
3MB modified
94MB standbye
1MB Free

Currently if I look at the system profile there is 3GB of RAM installed with only about 700mb free; Im assuming this should be upwards to about 2.3GB free?

What is going on here? Why is the hardware reserved memory sooo high? Im assuming thats why it is slow - there is no free memory. Im guessing one of my RAM sticks is the problem.

Im assuming there is a 2GB + 1GB RAM sticks installed; Say one of these arent working properly, would the system profile still show 3GB or would it show less? Would you think this is a problem with the RAM sticks?

A:Problems with RAM/Hardware Reserved

Do us and yourself a favor and post one thread for one problem at one time for one computer. You will get better results and we won't be going in circles.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263422-problems-ram-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi im just curious with this.. why is my laptop having a hardware reserved more than 10mb?

samsung NP305E5A-A05US
windows 7 home premium 64bit
amd a6-3420m with radeon(tm) HD graphics
ddr3 4gb mem

A:hardware reserved more than 10mb?

From this post:

Win 7 not using all memory

Quote: Originally Posted by gat015

...ive tried to run the powershell but after i paste the script the powershell just closed and nothing happen.. but thanks for the info tho.. i will make a new thread regarding with this problem.. thanks..

You need to read the comment section of the shell script:

# *************** NOTE - EXECUTION POLICY*********************
# If you haven't set the execution policy, you may need to:
#---Run PowerShell
#---enter SET-EXECUTIONPOLICY -EXECUTIONPOLICY REMOTESIGNED
# *********************************************************

Edit: I know this because the same thing happened to me until I read the comment section :-)

And I don't have a clue why you have the value that you do for hardware reserved - so I'll not speak to that. I await the wisdom of others. BTW, my hardware reserve is 0MB, but that is in a VM with no real hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/241976-hardware-reserved-more-than-10mb.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys I am trying to work out why my wife's computer is slowing down. I have noticed over half of my ram is reserved. I have an on board graphics cards Gigabyte 720 and i have portable hard drive as back up. other than that I cannot really think of anything that would be hogging ram. i seem to have the latest bios and i have checked the box for max ram is unticked.
Any ideas?
I would post all my info but i am not sure how to do it. I have screen shot my resources and will attatch it to the post (i hope)

A:Why is most of my Ram hardware reserved (old noob)

Check the number of items in Startup. Which are not needed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385243-why-most-my-ram-hardware-reserved-old-noob.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey, I recently noticed that only half of my ram is usable and the other half is "hardware reserved". I tried fixing this by:
clearing cmos
msconfig boot options
updating bios
reseating the ram and changing places

however none of them work, does anyone here know how to fix this?

A:Half of ram hardware reserved?

This is normally cause by messing with Boot Advance Options or the ram is not installed properly as per the motherboard manual. The last thing to do is update bios for such a problem.

Please use this tutorial to help you fill in your system specs properly.

By Brink:
System Info - See Your System Specs

Notice NO check marks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367062-half-ram-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys

My question is why Windows 8 did take 4.5 GB for hardware only ,,, is that too much ?
My windows 8 is Single Language edition ... The original one that comes with the laptop
I tried to install Pro edition trail version it says 16 GB ( 15.5 GB Usable)
System Manufacturer/Model Number
MSI GX60 1AC
OS
Windows 8
CPU
AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Memory
16 GB Installed
Graphics Card(s)
AMD Radeon HD 7660G & ATI Radeon HD 7970M

A:Ram 16 GB ( 11.5 GB Usable ) ? 4.5 GB Hardware reserved

Hello BlackStab,

From my experience, hardware reserved RAM is somehow connected to the physical memory on your graphics card. So, the more you have on the card, the more RAM will be hardware reserved. Why? I think it has something to do with memory mapping but I'm not equipped to explain that to you (or myself). Anyway, if you have 3GBs of physical memory on your graphics card, then I'm thinking that might be normal; however, if I am incorrect in any way, shape or form, an expert will be along shortly to tear me a new... uh, I mean... will be along shortly to properly assist you.

Now, another thing that could cause a large amount of RAM to be hardware reserved would be an invalid memory configuration. This could occur when one uses double-sided chips in a mobo where only single-sided chips can be addressed. In this case, although it can be recognized, it cannot be addressed, so it is essentially "set aside." Also, a well know example of hardware reservation (in action) would be where you install 4GBs of memory for a 32 bit OS and only 3.xx GBS are usable. This is a different situation from the first example; however, the results are the same. So, in summary, if you don't get a different response from a forum expert and I don't get bashed... I mean corrected for mine, then you can assume you are OK!

Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/22666-ram-16-gb-11-5-gb-usable-4-5-gb-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I have been surfing through these forums and everybody seems to be having these problems with hardware reserved memory but they mostly are talking about having 4 gigs of ram and only being able to use 3 of it or something like that. Now my friend has this problem where his 32 bit windows 7 has 3 gigs of ram and 2,5 of it is reserved for hardware! The computer runs slow as hell all of a sudden and thats when I noticed this.

What can be done about it? This seems to hamper the operating of the whole system.

Thanks in advance!

A:Hardware reserved getting ridiculous

Hi MystinenHM and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Can you provide full system information about your friend's machine? Specifically we require the make and model number of the motherboard, but as much detail as possible would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/150048-hardware-reserved-getting-ridiculous.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I had just turned on my computer, realizing that it was running particularly slow then I checked my Task Manager to see that my memory being used and I had checked my Resource Manager to find that an excessive amount of RAM was being reserved. I have tried the msconfig method and still no difference. Please help this is really frustrating.

Edit:
Now I turned my laptop on and off and now it says I have 4 GB of RAM

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61445-hardware-reserved-issue.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So I got a HP G - HE with GB of RAM It runs really slow and I couldn't figure too Hardware taking RAM! much Reserved out why I went to Control Panel gt System and Hardware Reserved taking too much RAM! it says Installed memory RAM GB MB usable And if i go to Resource Monitor it shows Hardware Reserved MB In Use MB Modified MB Standby MB Free MB How can I take RAM out of the Hardware Reserved My computer specs Product Name G - HE Product Number WQ UA ABA Microprocessor GHz VISION Technology from AMD with AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs P Microprocessor Cache MB L Cache Memory GB DDR System Memory DIMM Memory Max GB Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD Graphics Video Memory Up to MB Hard Drive GB RPM Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti X DVD R RW with Double Layer Support Display quot diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display x Network Card Integrated Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity b g n WLAN Sound Altec Lansing speakers Keyboard -key compatible keyboard with One touch launch keys Pointing Device Touch Pad with integrated On Off button and -way scroll pad support External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards Universal Serial Bus USB HDMI VGA -pin RJ - LAN Headphone-out Microphone-in Other Devices HP Webcam with integrated microphone Dimensions quot W x quot D x quot min H quot max H Weight lbs Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot Power-on password Accepts rd party security lock devices Power W AC Adapter -Cell WHr Lithium-Ion Battery Operating System Windows Ultimate

A:Hardware Reserved taking too much RAM!

Usually when there's a lot of RAM being hardware reserved it could mean that there are some misbehaving device drivers on your system that are gobbling up that RAM on boot-up..

To confirm this phenomenon could you download RAMMAP (RAMMap), run it and check the section of use counts, specifically Driver Locked? Try to take note of the sections that have high totals.. It'd be even better if you could take a screenshot of the application on the usecounts page to give a clearer view of where your RAM is going to in detail from the application..

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237771-hardware-reserved-taking-too-much-ram.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When I had gb of mhz RAM I had MB reserved Hardware (4x4 of Reserved 1600) 8.8GB out 16GB of I didn't really think much of this but I recently installed another kit of x gb of RAM The Hardware Reserved has gone up to gb leaving me at to use I have x 8.8GB of Hardware Reserved out of 16GB (4x4 1600) Crucial Ballistix mhz RAM My MoBo is GIGABYTE Z 8.8GB of Hardware Reserved out of 16GB (4x4 1600) X-UD H-B Here is a picture of the resource manager http puu sh dH wc d a png My dxdiag http puu sh dH I bc dce png RamMap Use Counts http puu sh dH Kv c b png Computer Properties quot My System quot http puu sh dH d dd b b png Windows Gigabyte GTX OC Intel I - k What I've tried I've gone into msconfig and unchecked 8.8GB of Hardware Reserved out of 16GB (4x4 1600) the memory no change I've reseated all the memory though I don't think this would have been a problem considering they are all the same sticks of RAM I bought a single stick of GB Crucial Ballistic mhz same thing as the x

A:8.8GB of Hardware Reserved out of 16GB (4x4 1600)

I almost didn't visit this post as it is marked as Solved. Is that correct? I was hoping to glean some information from the solution.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58986-8-8gb-hardware-reserved-out-16gb-4x4-1600-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My Hardware reserved RAM allocation is 2MB in Windows 7 and 770MB in Windows 8 on the same PC. I wonder why.

A:Interesting observation regarding Hardware reserved

Windows 8 must have some significant memory management changes in it, I'd assume. Also does your PC have both integrated graphics and a dedicated card? I'm thinking that that could cause something like that if switching the OS caused it to switch back to the integrated and use your RAM as VRAM.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2901-interesting-observation-regarding-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have 2 T420 and 2 T420S, all with 8GB of RAM. On one the hardware reserved memory is 4.7GB. Hardware reserved memory is minimal on the other three. I've been struggling for a week trying to find an answer that resolves this (maximum memory box is unchecked.)  BIOS shows 8192 of RAM but I don't see an option to remap the memory in the BIOS screen. Thanks to anyone who can direct me to the answer.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420-Win-7-X64-hardware-reserved-excessive-4-7GB-of-8GB/td-p/3415408
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello my name is Sean and I am having severe problems with something known as hardware reserved memory Essentially something about windows seven gives it the idea to sometimes as in from time to time on start up in no order or due to reason commit gigs of my memory RAM to 'hardware reserved' When it is not being completely useless hardware reserved take megabytes of my memory other times it will take gigs I need to stop this Restarting will eventually ix it but i want a real fix This is an idiotic problem and I can not find a solution on the web screwing my Reserved Hardware computer over Microsoft charges freaking dollars for a damn email A single email That is literally the worst tech support i have ever heard of in my life Their website nets results Hardware Reserved screwing over my computer when you search 'hardware reserved' despite dozens of threads complaining about this To see the hardware reserved bit you open task manager go to performance and then resource monitor I'm begging someone to please help me

A:Hardware Reserved screwing over my computer

See here:
Hardware Reserved memory issue ... <--link

and post back if that doesn't do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148610-hardware-reserved-screwing-over-my-computer.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I got a new cpu intel core i - for computer I also replaced the heat sink Anyhow now my computer still acknowledges the gb but says only gb is usable In order to add new heatsink i took my pc apart and reattached the graphics and ram and everything else back to MOBO yes correctly The of issue was happening before i took everything apart to install new heatsink Everything worked fine RAM Reserved Windows & (4gb x64 Hardware 8gb Says useable). rest the with my old processor an i when running my bitOS Below is a Windows & x64 Says RAM 8gb (4gb useable). Hardware Reserved the rest list of things I have tried Am I missing anything else The Problem Hardware Reserved Both Slots RAM are working What I Have Tried Removed and restarted the i processor Several Times Removed and swapped around RAM sticks Both work fine in either port Even tried booting with at a time Tried the Msconfig Max Mem trick with Adv setting Made my pc BSOD and i had to fix it in Safe Mode Have updated bios and VGA drivers from the Bio star website I ran RAMmap but i still can't figure out how to read the program very well and figure out where my other gb are being allocated too I tied turning on off memory remapping Turning it off made it worse only had after that Took Batt outta mobo and even did cmos jumper reset Neither fixed it Any help or suggestions would be most appreciative Thank you Specs Graphics GeForce GTX Core MB -bit CPU i - Processor M Cache GHz RAM DDR GB MOBO BIOSTAR H HD OS Windows Ultimate x bit

A:Windows & x64 Says RAM 8gb (4gb useable). Hardware Reserved the rest

Try the following: –

In msconfig

msconfig, boot tab, advanced options, uncheck the maximum memory box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293622-windows-x64-says-ram-8gb-4gb-useable-hardware-reserved-rest.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello guys I just built a new system with windows and I'm having a small issue I don't know how to fix if possible to Thing is out of GB of RAM I happen to have windows says I can only use as the rest are quot hardware reserved quot I've looked through different posts about it and found no answer as to why this is so I wanted to Help with memory... reserved know if anyone can help me with this Several of the stuff I've done checked are - I am running bit windows professional so this isn't a -bit limit issue - Both windows and the BIOS recognize gb of ram - I Help with reserved memory... have a RADEON HD graphics card so those gb should in no way be related to video memory Also this mobo doesn't have an integrated graphics chip anyway - I've already checked max memory in msconfig it's unchecked - The RAM sticks are set to dual channel in the mobo Channels and specifically Any idea what the problem could be here I'm Help with reserved memory... attaching an image of what the process monitor says regarding ram

A:Help with reserved memory...

When I have this problem...it is always due to the memory speed the bios is setting for the ram. Since you know how to go into your Bios...I will skip that.

Go into the bios and find the setting for you Ram speed.
Drop it down from the freq it is at by one notch. What I mean is if it is say running at 1600MHz then drop it down to 1333MHz.
Save and reboot into windows and check the hardware memory reserved amount.

It seems to be an odd quirk with windows 8. Once you have full amount of ram available in windows then you can use the bios to slowly increase the ram speed back up.

However from many tests there is not much difference between 1333 and 1600 performance wise. Also for me to get my ram at and above the rated speed and it all to be available required me to adjust my CP/NB and HT speeds.

Hope that helps. Let me know.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/26546-help-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 56.76%

yes or no ?? will this have a bad effect on the computer ?/ any info is appreciated

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I've been running with 4GB total on my computer for a while. All this time it has been 2 GB free and 2GB reserved for hardware (When you open taskmanager you can see how much memory your computer is using)

That means I was left with 2GB that I could use for games and such. ( I'm prettty sure the reserved 2GB was because of the ram stick not functioning/being damaged)
I recently bought another 4GB of ram totalling 8GB. It now says 4GB reserved for hardware and 4GB free to use. It should be 6gb free as I know one of the ram sticks doesn't work.

I know it's not supposed to be like that..

Anyone know what the problem might be?

So far I've tried:

- Flashing BiOs
- Msconfigt -> Boot

A:Reserved Memory problem (RAM)

The installed memory might not be in a supported configuration. Check the RAM specs and your motherboard manual for info on how memory should be installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reserved-memory-problem-ram.999975/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have gb RAM cards and a completely updated MSI motherboard I don't need more than gb for my use and haven't had a problem until recently when the amount of hardware reserved memory about doubled I have taken the suggestions of about a half dozen experts using the Windows Be 2166 MB Reserved Can't Home Reduced by Premium All Methods Hardware Suggested 7 msconfig unclicking Windows 7 Home Premium Hardware Reserved 2166 MB Can't Be Reduced by All Methods Suggested of Maximum Memory going into regedit and changing the to a in the Memory Management section switching my RAM cards and my RAM is still stuck at gb Windows 7 Home Premium Hardware Reserved 2166 MB Can't Be Reduced by All Methods Suggested There is no memory mapping option on my motherboard I have gb installed but only gb usable and that's just not enough What's extra strange is that it wasn't like this until recently and I believe that when I updated one of the drivers it changed the hardware reserved amount What happens when every Windows 7 Home Premium Hardware Reserved 2166 MB Can't Be Reduced by All Methods Suggested method to fix this problem doesn't fix the problem in my case and why is it not working for me when the problem seems to be resolved by one or the other of the above mentioned fixes for others My next step is to try to change the amount of memory being reserved the graphics card because I have read that it's usually the graphics driver that reserves extra memory Do you have any other suggestions I do have my Windows completely updated and all my drivers are also updated to the most current versions Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/655b3cb7-8f08-436f-964e-4c0ead107e1b/windows-7-home-premium-hardware-reserved-2166-mb-cant-be-reduced-by-all-methods-suggested?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an old Slot 1 Pentium III 550 CPU with a dead motherboard. I have the opportunity to get a Gigabyte GA-6BXE motherboard, however I am not sure whether it is compatible with my CPU.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have just purchased a new network adapter and it needs a PCI slot to plug in to. My motherboard only has 1 PCI slot and it is being used by the Sound Card. I have just spent over 100 on this motherboard so i dont want to buy a new one. Does anyone know of any adapters that could allow me to add more PCI slots to my motherboard ?

Relevancy 55.9%

i wanted to upgrade my Intel Clereon(R) cpu for my socket 478 Asus P4S800-MX MB and i know it can take a P4 and with 800 FSB, they can go up to 3.6GHz but its very rare to find so i have no option but to toss it along with my old cpu and my ram, but here comes the problem.

i have an AGP 256MB shader3.0 directx 9.0c video card that i bought recently and im afraid i cant afford to buy a new one besides buying all these stuff. so i wonder if they are still making new mainboards with AGP slots or can i find a motherboard that supports new cpu's and DDR2/3 memory with AGP slots? thanx in advance.

Relevancy 55.9%

I was going to buy a new computer for gaming because i have an intergrated graphics card. I was recently looking at my mother board and i think i might have a agp slot but i'm just not 100% sure, could you guys tell me whether i have one or not please! I am attaching a picture of my mother board, i think it's the little brown slot above the three white ones!

A:Does my motherboard have an AGP slot ?

hey dude
as far as i knw it is a AGP slot....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-motherboard-have-an-agp-slot.109272/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently bought an AGP graphics card. However, my motherboard does not have an AGP slot but it comes with 4 PCI slots. I hope to know if there are ways to add an AGP slot to my motherboard as I hope to use the AGP graphics card.

A:Motherboard with no AGP slot

Sorry, no way to add one, it is built into the motherboard per say. You will need to get a pci card or a new motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-with-no-agp-slot.49676/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys.

windows says 2GB is in hardware reserve and autocad says my HD4870 has 2879MB of memory. all this happened after i used a nomemrestrict crack in GTA4 which allows the game to use system memory i believe. dont ask me why, i was curious.

I have searched far and wide for an answer. I'am definitely on 64bit W7 Pro, and using latest hardwares(i7, gigabyte UD5, 1600MHZ DDR3 and HD4870 1GB). I have also tried unticking the maxboot memory in msconfig.

there is no memory remap option in the bios and i have flashed it many times. I have also reinstalled windows and formatted my HDD. but still only 4GB is usable.

Anyone can help? I really do need the memory. I use highend 3d software and work with large PDS files at times simultaneously.
thanks
[EDIT] answer on page 2. Wasnt anything software or setting or bios after all. Faulty motherboard RAM slots

A:Memory reserved after using nomemristrict in GTA4

And this only occurred after using the -nomemrestrict cmd line switch? Strange.

I assume when you formatted you also wiped GTA IV and all it's settings?

Also, you didn't re-use the cmd line switch after a fresh installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71309-memory-reserved-after-using-nomemristrict-gta4.html