Windows Support Forum

MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

Q: MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

I have Musicmatch Jukebox I used to have and I have a saved library ddf file in my external hard drive After getting the library is now not saving to any ddf file that I know of I have searched all my drives for all ddf files and produced nothing My original ddf file I saved all the time when adding new music has been the same mb since i upgraded to the ddf file isn t getting any bigger I have tried deleting mmjb from my entire computer and going to MMJB option save or to library 10: new No library the C directory and physically deleting musicmatch When I download a fresh copy I still cant save or create a new library In MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library addition it still pulls up all my music which is stored in my external hard drive Even if I turn my external hard drive off mmjb still brings up all the music of course it wont play because the hard drive is turned off but somehow mmjb knows my current library so is it storing it in a file which is not a ddf file There is no option to quot new library quot or quot save library quot Someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

It might be that the file is hidden and windows cannot see it. Go to My Computer, then Tools > Folder Options > View > select shown hidden files and folders.

Also it could be that it's not using the DDF file anymore and using a different one. Maybe M4U or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmjb-10-no-option-to-save-library-or-new-library.352109/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hiya

The Picture It! Library and Digital Image Library do not display temporary files. By ignoring temporary files, the Library can remain clean and uncluttered. An issue has been identified where some software marks photos as temporary files when they are acquired from the camera. This patch enables the Library to view these temporary files.

The software currently known to mark new files as temporary is Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser version 4.1.0.46.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP

Multimedia PC with Pentium 500 MHz or higher processor
128 MB of RAM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e5-5d09-4bbf-b7df-b1451f201dae&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

A:Picture It! Library/Digital Image Library: View Temporary Files Patch: Aug 26

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-it-library-digital-image-library-view-temporary-files-patch-aug-26.160012/
Relevancy 89.87%

A year ago I created a custom Library and have been using it successfully until the beginning of this week The library's folder location is similar to the following C Users USERNAME FOLDERX Now when I open the Library it shows a listing Library! in Conundrum: By Custom Missing Library Folders' is 'Arrange of all of the files found within all of the folders in that library that is imagine a book separated by chapters folders and now all of the pages are scattered files in one cardboard box On the top right of this Library window I have the following quot Arrange by quot options -Date modified -Tag -Type -Name ---- -Clear Changes On the quot working quot libraries such as 'Documents ' there is a quot Arrange Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! by Folder quot option which is what I am attempting to have the custom Library emulate I have deleted the custom Library and tried to reestablish it but the same issue persists I cannot sort the Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! Library by folder rendering it useless Is there anyway to have the quot Arrange by Folder quot option reappear Did I accidentally switch some setting or is this due to a Windows Update Thank you

A:Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library!

Did you create a new library with the same name or a different name? When you go to Libraries, and you right click and select properties on Documents, do the attributes match what you find when you right click and select properties on your new library?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196726-library-conundrum-arrange-folders-missing-custom-library.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Try to create new library.
Get "Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms" Access is denied.

Found:
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

New library commands raise an error 16389 when "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" policy is enabled | Microsoft Connect
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

http://connect.microsoft.com/Windows...icy-is-enabled

http://snipurl.com/uvm5h
Recently transferred files from C:\Users\Ray to E:\My Documents.--used MS move command, thought it would transfer references, apparently not.

What should I do to be able to create a new library?

A:Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Run "cmd". Type "SFC /scannow" (without quotes), hit enter.
Also check the event viewer for errors related to "16389".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71484-unable-create-file-new-library-library-ms.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I am using windows and have all my itunes on an external home network drive. Everything is all set up and all new files are written to the drive. The problem is that if I add music from a cd to the library it is only recognized by the computer that I did it on and not recognised by the other computer. How do I make both computers recognize all content in the library?

Thanks, Joe

A:Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

No takers eh! I guess there are not many itunes users here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-library-on-external-drive-using-2-computers-i-cant-see-all-the-library.975937/
Relevancy 87.72%

In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\DvdSettings section of the registry, I changed the ShowGallery key from "Play" to "Gallery" to change the Play DVD option to DVD Library. The action worked, and everything was working properly. At some point, the DVD Library option disappeared and I haven't figured out how to restore it. I am using Vista Home Premium SP1. Unfortunately, I don't recall whether the DVD Library option disappeared with the installation of SP1. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get the DVD Library (or Play DVD) option back?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-library-play-dvd-option-missing-257521.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello

We have a GPO setting "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" as we do not want users to be able to add files to their Roaming User Profile.

This GPO causes an error when a New Library is attempted to be created.

Because of the error we would like to Remove the "New Library" button from the toolbar which appears when the Library item is selected in the navigation pane.

The following article is great, however I cannot find a reference to the "New Library" button.

Windows Explorer Toolbar Buttons - Customize

Could any customisation wizkids offer any advice please?

Many Thanks

A:Remove New Library Button in from Library Toolbar

Hello Lee,

Doing step 7 in the tutorial below to remove "New -> Library" from the context menu will not remove the "New Library" toolbar button, but it will also effectively disable it. It may be a good workaround for you.

New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155361-remove-new-library-button-library-toolbar.html
Relevancy 87.29%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I don't know whats going on but if I go to options and click on Monitor Folders and find my folder where all of my music is located.

WMP11 finds all 24002 files but says "0" added when completed. I basically have no library and I'm not able to add the files to the library.

I've restarted my computer, I've deleted the watched folders and added them back without any luck.

A:WMP11 finds my song library but won't add it in the library?

First turn off Monitor Folders and leave WMP open in the library view. To add songs to the library, select the music file folder(s) in Windows Explorer then drag-and-drop them into the WMP window.

If that doesn't work, delete the WMP database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-finds-my-song-library-but-wont-add-it-in-the-library.724728/
Relevancy 87.29%

My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem.

When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also.

If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents file.

If I try to move the document file from the picture file to the document file, a window says its an Identical sub folder and won't go any further.

How can I remove the folder list of documents from the picture file without destroying those documents in the document file?

I think that this problem developed as I loaded an ArcSoft program to read slides into my computer.

Thanks,

Jimbow

A:Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Hello Jimbow, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's just been added to your Pictures library by mistake, then you should be able to use the tutorial below to remove it from the library without deleting the actual folder.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302720-documents-library-also-appears-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 87.29%

EDIT This issue has been solved Hi there This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I d appreciate anyone s insights My default Pictures library has somehow become a permanent clone of my Videos library It s not that it s a copy of Videos it s that both libraries have merged into the same entity The quot Pictures library-ms quot file literally does not exist Windows is using one file and one set of options yet displaying it as if there were two libraries And it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that quot Pictures quot can or should exist If I delete one of the quot Videos quot both links remain visible until I refresh the Explorer window which makes them both disappear If I try to delete one and then the other Windows says it Library My Videos Solved: My Pictures Library Ate can t find the file which makes sense since the individual quot Videos library-ms Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library quot file is already gone If I delete all of my libraries and then select quot Restore default libraries quot both duplicates reappear as before No quot Pictures library-ms quot is ever created I can manually create a new library called quot Pictures quot but it doesn t Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library affect the presence of the duplicate Videos and other applications such as Windows Media Player do not recognize it as the official Pictures library WMP only shows images in the Videos folders and if I select quot Manage Pictures library quot from the WMP navigation pane it opens the options for the Videos library Strangest of all is this if I delete all libraries and don t restore them manually a quot Videos quot library will automatically reappear at some point no more than hours later I can delete it when this happens but it will continue to reappear at regular intervals I ve tried editing the registry to completely disable the Libraries feature as seen here and then reenable it using the factory defaults but this doesn t make a difference Since that patch completely removes the default libraries properties from the registry I have to conclude that Windows stores additional library data elsewhere but I haven t had any luck finding it I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 87.29%

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board but hoping for advice on rebuilding my iTunes library without library.xml rebuilding library on iTunes Advice without or .itl? a full library xml or itl I'm on Windows bit iTunes My tech skills are poor and after a corrupted library event I just reinstalled itunes and then added my itunes folder from my C drive in itunes File gt Add Folder To Library However not all the songs on the HD were added to my iTunes library i e for many albums random tracks were missing when viewed in iTunes the original xml and itl files were corrupted and I didn't try to use them for this I can go to Advice on rebuilding iTunes library without library.xml or .itl? the iTunes folder on the C drive and right-click to Open those missing files with iTunes After they have been played like that then they are visible in the library in itunes but doing that with every individual missing track is incredibly time-consuming I've just bought a new PC and want to port my whole library over to the new machine Is there any way of moving all the files to the new machine via external HD and then rebuilding the library without gaps even if the library xml and itl files from the old machine have gaps Any suggestions would be really appreciated or somewhere else to go to find help Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621251/advice-on-rebuilding-itunes-library-without-libraryxml-or-itl/
Relevancy 87.29%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 86.86%

My computer was diagnosed that it has a virus by the GeekSquad They quoted me to MAYBE fix the problem and if that didn t work then they would do a system restore for another Well I just need a basic computer and while I was waiting for them to check out my computer I saw new computers for Why spend to fix a year old computer So my parents stopped by and dropped off a new computer for me How lucky am I Now my question is can I use all the software and hardware from my old computer or can I possibly transfer the virus to the new computer I am not my I Can library? save Itunes messing around this time P S I Can I save my Itunes library? let my Norton expire and that is why I am where I am right now IDIOT I was using a flashdrive to save my homework to I have CD s with mp s that contain voice files for my homework for school I need to reinstall my wireless desktop card for my internet I need to reinstall Microsoft Word Are the music files on my Ipod possibly infected Can I save my Itunes library? Can I safely transfer all of this or not I have NO idea how this virus thing works and I am paranoid to transfer something to my new computer Thanks for any help or advice I really appreciate it I have been having car trouble and I just paid to get my car fixed and there is nothing I can do about it because I don t know anything about cars well same goes here so it is nice to have a place to talk to people about your options before spending a bunch of money -

A:Can I save my Itunes library?

I got a virus on my computer, and to make a long story short, my parents were nice enough to get me a new computer the day I found out my computer was ill :-) They didn't want me to get behind on my school work. I have a pretty decent Itunes library and I was wondering how to get them safely off my old computer and onto my new computer. I have an Itunes shuffle (the small one). Can I safely zap the music to my ipod and then plug my ipod into my new computer and zap them back into Itunes?

I don't even think I can get to my Itunes on my sick computer. My computer was running SUPER slow and would just shut off on me in the middle of browsing a website.

What are my options with this? Someone said I have lost anything that wasn't a purchase... in other words anything I have put on from a CD. No big deal there. But have I lost my purchases???

Thanks again for any help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211366/can-i-save-my-itunes-library/
Relevancy 86.86%

So i am sorta new, but not stupid
I read a few posts and managed to find the send to folder. I then put a shortcut to Pictures (the default library) in the send to folder but when I use it, it copies there. I want it to MOVE the files there. I know I can just select Move to but then I have to select the folder. tedious. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ps. Don't mention the shift key as I hate all keyboards!

A:I want to make a send to option that will MOVE to specified library

This may be of use:

Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder

Just to be clear, the Libraries are basically a 'shortcut' to the specified folder. I.E., My Pictures, so you will never have a file only in the Pictures Library, it will also be (by necessity) in the My Pictures folder.

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/166285-i-want-make-send-option-will-move-specified-library.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

I just joined the forum. I have a query regarding being unable to save into the folders in my libraries. I'm not sure where I should post it. Can someone point me to the right forum please?

Thank you

A:Unable to save to the library folders

Hello there & welcome to SevenForums.

First you could read some pertinent threads & tutorials:
library-set-save-folder ,
File Folder Settings ,
or you could post your query in the general discussion section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164108-unable-save-library-folders.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi, i had a slide show of my photos working nicely until yesterday. I think it stopped when i upgraded Adobe Flash - i have tried system restore but no joy there.

When i go to set "Picture Location" in "Choose your desktop background" i can't set the Picture Library setting. If i browse to one of my picture folders the box shows "This folder is empty".

I've tried quite a few things from the forum for similar sounding problems but have made no progress hope someone can help!

A:Picture Library option not working on Desktop background

OK - i solved my own problem....

Indexing had been turned off - started it running again and problem solved.

Hoorah!

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/119036-picture-library-option-not-working-desktop-background.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I would like to add the games library into the main library system that includes: Videos, Music, Documents, Pictures, Podcasts, ect. How could I do this?

A:Is there a way to add games library to main library?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I have really never used the "Games" Interface but I think it's a part of the system as in like not a folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/80721-there-way-add-games-library-main-library.html
Relevancy 84.28%

We have a Dell running WIndows XP. Last week our hard drive crashed and burned. We installed a new one, but now iTunes claims it won't recognize our iPod since it is synced to a different computer. Is there anyway to get the songs off of our iPod onto our new hard drive?

A:Old Hard Drive Crashed. Any way to save iTunes Library?

This may help:
http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-197173.html
Pay special attention to the part about backing up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hard-drive-crashed-any-way-to-save-itunes-library.835012/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have found that if you arrange the order of the libraries in my case each for documents - Library save order, by, default location display arrange/sort pictures video music via move up down right-click Library - display order, arrange/sort by, default save location when pulling up LOCATIONS link it changes the way it shows in the left-hand library quot tree quot gt view But it seems that you need to sort by library name to get my D library to show at the TOP Additionally I'm confused by the default save location If I do a quot save as quot of a pic on a webpage when the save applet file opens it defaults to C Users Jim and NOT the D Libraries Pictures as has been set by me as default As well some times the pulldown for save file TYPE has ONLY bmp shown I can't save a jpg I haven't figured out the pattern as to why this occurs but I usually have to close all IE and Windows Explorer windows and retry to get jpg as an option

A:Library - display order, arrange/sort by, default save location

Can anyone figure out why my default save location is not honored (in this example for PICTURES). Whenever the "save" applet comes up, it's pointing to C:\users\Jim\iTunes\album?cache (can't recall last node name). It never did this before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198448-library-display-order-arrange-sort-default-save-location.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My problem is maybe a little complicated I want to move my iTunes library to an external hard drive Unfortunately I tried to move it without following the proper instructions from Mac I moved the music files iTunes Music folder to the external hard drive and deleted the folder and music files from my computer after the move Then I went to iTunes preferences to change the location of iTunes Media to the external Then I checked it and iTunes couldn t play couldn t find any of the files of course I moved everything back changed the preferences still couldn t find the songs so I re-created my library and playlists following the instructions from Apple support Now most of my music is back in iTunes but not all Some of it it said it couldn t find I m not sure of all of the music it can t find I know some of it from memory All of the files are in the iTunes Music folder I (iTunes some library iTunes Solved: Library Help find songs) can't assume and I so want to added the files it couldn t find but not duplicate everything I have in my library already Then move my files to the external properly How do I do this Bonus question None of my I iphone applications are in my iTunes I m afraid to connect my phone now as I fear I will lose the applications and Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs) the info in those apps How should I handle this Sorry for the long explanation Thanks for your patience nbsp

A:Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library-help-itunes-library-cant-find-some-songs.939142/
Relevancy 77.4%

For no apparent reason, the function "include in library" in Windows Explorer (right click on a folder to include it in a library) is not longer there. It used to be. But now when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer, it's simply not there anymore. Does anybody know how to restore it?
Or alternatively: does anybody know how to add music files to Playlists in Windows Mediaplayer without having to use libraries (like in previous versions of Windows)?

A:"Include in library" option suddenly missing from Windows Explorer

Include in library - Add or Remove from Context Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215017-include-library-option-suddenly-missing-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Apologies if this is a duplicate post I have not been able to find a similar problem anywhere on Google or in the - Frozen As" working Properties not function "Save Page Library forums My quot Documents quot library points to a network location on a corporate network Recently our IT department had an issue with permissions and had to copy the location to a new folder location When I attempted to repoint my quot Documents quot library to the new location all Library Properties Page Frozen - "Save As" function not working my libraries simply broke Symptoms I am experiencing I am able to open the Library's quot Properties quot page but it is frozen The only buttons that work are quot OK quot and quot Cancel quot I can click on the other buttons and the drop down but nothing happens when I do The window just sits there and says quot Calculating quot The quot Save As quot option doesn't work on some programs but does work on others I suspect this is because some programs are querying Windows for the default save location and it is invalid probably null in Windows Other programs are pulling up the location that I last saved at or where the file opened currently resides That's just a guess though Resolutions I have already attempted I have deleted all libraries and then used the quot Restore Default Libraries quot function This has no effect I have deleted all libraries and then created a new library called quot Documents quot I went in to the newly created quot Documents quot folder and clicked on quot Include a folder quot This allowed me to select a location for the new library but the properties page still doesn't work I can't include multiple folders and the default save location still does not work I am totally at a loss on this one Please help

A:Library Properties Page Frozen - "Save As" function not working

I suspect you would have an image can yo not reinstall from there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318777-library-properties-page-frozen-save-function-not-working.html
Relevancy 74.82%

OK I've googled and searched for this as much as I can I'm a new Windows user I have a library Documents with three folders included Call them folders A B and C I understand how to set the default save location Let's say location Saving the a default NOT is save to location library that I've set it to Folder A Now I Saving to a library location that is NOT the default save location want to save a file in Folder B by using the convenient Libraries Saving to a library location that is NOT the default save location button Let's further say that Folder B is the location quot C FolderB quot It seems that IF there is a subfolder say quot C FolderB test quot I can save it there by clicking Libraries expanding FolderB and double clicking on quot test quot HOWEVER if C FolderB has no subfolders I can't seem to save there by using Libraries That is to say IF you have a folder in your Library that is not the default save location AND that folder has no subfolders there's no way to save there by starting from the Libraries button Is this correct If so it is rather disappointing and seems to undermine the idea of Libraries so I hope I'm missing something

A:Saving to a library location that is NOT the default save location

I might be missing your intended idea, but if you name the folder, such as "Test B", then you should be able to save the .ext (if named) to that particular folder by clicking on the "C" drive... wait for it (the drive) to show up, then save.

If you name a .txt file (or another extention) and save it to your desktop, you can also move it to that named folder on "C" drive.

Just curious as to why you want to have different named folders on "C" drive when you can use the Documents folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231972-saving-library-location-not-default-save-location.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi. I have a large collection of photos which are stored in my pictures library. I have found they also appear in my videos library. I am sure I have never copied them across. The 2 libraries seem to be identical.

Any ideas what might have happened ?

K

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401833-pictures-pictures-library-video-library.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm still a little unclear on exactly how I managed to accomplish this feat Just did a clean install of Pro and was relocating my User lt directory gt s to their respective drives as I have done numerous times with I had just pointed Music 2nd now is library a "Music" library "Download" to the drive where my GB collection resides My next "Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library quot move quot was with Downloads As I started the process I remember seeing an extra message about moving all the files to the new location It was going on am so I just accepted it Next thing I knew I had two quot Music quot directories One has the usual blue musical note while the other has a blue downward pointing arrow most often reserved for Downloads However if I delete a file in one it is deleted in both directories Quite depressing all in all My attempts to restore it to its original state have failed I have seen several similar posts at this and other forum s but none are exactly like what I have done I don't know if I could try running a repair or if I'm either just going to have to live with this or reinstall the whole shooting match So I'm hoping someone can help me un-fubar my directory Thanks MD

A:"Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library

User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums I've done a similar error in the past. I just restored the default locations, and unchecked the box asking to move the files. Then cleaned up the folder contents, and moved them again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60886-download-library-now-2nd-music-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%
Q: Library

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the best section to post it in, but its my first time posting on here...

I have never seen this happen before and I would like to know how to fix it.

When you go into your Libraries folder you will see "Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos"

When I click "Pictures" I see my pictures folder which is what I only want in there..
But I see 4 categories along with it as drop down menus.

They are "Public Pictures" "My Documents" and "Public Documents" I don't know how those even got there, but I was wondering how to get rid of them..

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Edit: Nevermind... Solved my own problem..

A:Library

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

What was the solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/173177-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Someone was on my laptop today, and I noticed they had a window opened called Library. It looked like a list of files or something. I would like to know what this is, just to make sure nothing related to the operating system can be corrupted by using this program. Also, how can I access it myself? Thank you.

I am using Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5920.

HiI noticed they had a window opened called Library. It looked like a list of files or something.There's no program in Vista called Library unless of course you have installed one.There is however a program in Windows to view files and folders. The program is called Windows Explorer.Follow this link to see how to use this program. http://tutorials.beginners.co.uk/using-windows-explorer.htmI would like to know what this is, just to make sure nothing related to the operating system can be corrupted by using this program.It is possible to delete files and folders using Windows Explorer. If you are already aware of Windows Explorer and it is not the program you saw then please try to supply further info about this mystery program which will help in its identification.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211392/library/
Relevancy 62.78%

I don't want the library there on my desktop. I don't want it there anywhere. I like all my folders laid out in plain sight on the desktop, not shelved on some library shelf.

Thanks.

A:How to get rid of the library?

Hello Kahill, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Libraries let you access and arrange items from one or more folders quickly without moving them from their original location. Libraries themselves don't store your files or folders. Instead, they point to different locations on a hard disk or external drive attached to your computer. This gives you easy access to a category of files no matter where they are stored. For instance, if you have music files on your hard disk and on an external drive, you can access all of your music files from within the "Music" library.

If you are still set on removing them, then this will help show you how to with an easy option to restore them later if you should decide to.

Libraries Desktop Icon - Add or Remove

and

Libraries Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174234-how-get-rid-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%

OK this may have already been answered but I am having trouble finding it. I am ok with computers but campared to you guys I suck. OK here is the problem, I have lost all the songs in the library, I need step by step instructions on how to get it back. I can do it myself I just don't know the steps. Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wmp-library-248195.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i have PHP 4.3.4 it is supposed to have the gd library installed already. is there a setting that i have to change to enable it? the books i have act as if it should work as soon as i install PHP. i installed coppermine photoalbum and it says that its not installed and i also wrote a script to draw a rectange and i do not get any output. i looked in the php.ini and i found this line

;extension=php_gd2.dll

i took out the semi colon and restarted apache and it said the module can not be found. not sure what to do. thanks in advance

A:PHP GD Library

You still need to install GD, which you can download from
http://www.boutell.com/gd/
Get the Windows ZIP Version and follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/php-gd-library.216825/
Relevancy 62.78%

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Choosing_your_programming_language

This page and others needs work from Techguy members. Please help.

Relevancy 62.78%

Does anyone know where I can get a good .zip manipulation library? I just need to be able to create a .zip and add files to it, not unzip it. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 62.78%

Trying to burn a CD, when I click on Library- nothing happens, no folders, no dropdowns, nothing. I've researched the forums and no similar problems found. It will play music but I can't burn any CDs because I can't access the Library that I'm supposed to put my song files into. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Dell DIM3000
P4 2.8GHz
512 RAM
WIN XP SP2
80G HD

A:No Library in WMP 10

I had what sounds like a similar problem ages ago. If it's the same thing then the solution is in that thread: http://forums.techguy.org/t242055.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-library-in-wmp-10.420454/
Relevancy 62.78%
Q: library

a way to re-organize the libraries? I dont like the order they are in right now.

A:library

Well, you can create and delete libraries. And you can rearrange them; their layout, in the window. Be more specfic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6818-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep getting an error message (McPal.dlls). what is this file used for and how do I correct it?

What is the message? When do you get it? What OS are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/library.247644/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I recently created a new library on my Win 8 laptop so that I could separate private files from my business ones. They were accessible at first but when I went looking for my private files tonight the library is inaccessible and the folder says it is completely empty. Trying to open documents through Word gives me an error that they do not exist and a general *.docx file search doesn't list them at all. I'm greatly concerned that I've lost them for good. Does anyone know how I might be able to locate them or get them back?

And please keep in mind I'm not an IT/terribly tech-savvy person so I will need rather detailed instructions to go beyond general surface OS technical mumbo-jumbo.

Thanks.

A:Library gone AWOL

They are all really located in \Users\yourloginName\My Documents

The Library system are only shortcuts to the real location.

Your issue is the shortcuts are broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/library-gone-awol.194239/
Relevancy 61.92%

How can you configure WMP 11 options so that sub folders (artist, album, etc.) are NOT automatically created upon rip or album info update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-library-issue.595431/
Relevancy 61.92%

is it possible to include a map drive folder in the library.thanks

A:library folders

hi,you might find the info needed in this link .
Libraries: frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40624-library-folders.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings,

I am looking for a media organizer software. It needs to have the following databse options:

DVD
CD's
MP3 (or whatever type of music file it is)
Books
Records/Phonographs

I also need an option for adding users, and the option for "checking out" the media. I was using BiblioQ (although it didn't have an option for all the above). It allowed me to add users. But no where could I find an option to 'check out' an item.

I have found a ton of software out there, but none that can do all the above. FREE would be a best option. But I don't mind spending the cash if it does all of the above. Anyone know of an all in one software that does this?

Appreciate the time and help. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523483/library-software/
Relevancy 61.92%

When I sign on to windows xp a window comes up with the following The procedure entry point could not be loacted in dynamic link library STLang.dll How do I fix this problem? I have the sigmatel audio. Please help!! THANK YOU!

A:STLang.dll library

Seems to be something re Sigmatel.

I would uninstall the audio drivers...then reinstall same.

I would suspect your current audio drivers are damaged.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377425/stlangdll-library/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have had a lot of errors in IE and windows now for about a week I had a lot of script errors library errors and have been unable to open links in internet explorer either in new windows or new tabs I am exhausted trying to figure out what the in LIbrary IE8 errors problem is I also do not want to do a system restore as I worked long with Microsoft to solve my Outlook challenges Here is a copy of the reports you requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ed at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes LIbrary errors in IE8 Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn comuDefault Page URL hxxp www msn comBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllTB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dlluRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRunmRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun nmctxth quot c program files common files pure networks shared platform nmctxth exe quot mRun nmapp quot c program files pure networks network magic nmapp exe quot -autorun -nosplashmRun LogitechCommunicationsManager quot c program files common files logitech lcommgr Communications Helper exe quot mRun LVCOMSX quot c program files common files logitech lcommgr LVComSX exe quot mRun LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot c program files logitech quickcam QuickCam exe quot hidemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun Bluetooth Connection Assistant LBTWIZ EXE -silentmRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEmRun RtHDVCpl c program files realtek audio hda RtHDVCpl exe -smRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE EAFEF -EEFA- - D- B BCBFFFE - c program files paltalk messenger Paltalk exeIE A B- - - AFE-EE C DA F - BF - - EC - -D B E B - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllIE BF - - EC - -D B E B - BF - - EC - -D B E B - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCB... Read more

A:LIbrary errors in IE8

I REINSTALLED WINDOWS 7 WHICH GOT RID OF ALL MY HEAD ACHES. I CAN BE MORE SPECIFIC IF YOU WANT DETAILS. BUT SO FAR SO GOOD. Please close this thread then, unless like I said you want me to give you more detail.Thanks for your willingness to help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294930/library-errors-in-ie8/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have looked in the tutorials but I cant find what I am looking for (Im sure someone will post within 2min with a link to the obvious location of the tutorial)

Anyway, I cant seem to find a way to change the ugly "library" icons in explorer. They are really bad. IMO

A:Library icons

Hello Zerodegreec,

Well not quite 2 minutes, but here you go.

Libraries Icons - Change

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3815-library-icons.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My Windows Media Player 11 library (running in XP SP2) suddenly went blank yesterday, for no discernible reason. I can still play files by clicking on them directly, but they never show up in the library. If I try to add folders to the library, nothing happens and those folders are gone from the pane again the next time I try it. I have tried everything I've seen suggested elsewhere so far - deleting my wmdb library files, disabling media sharing, deleting the entire media player folder, even deleting and reloading WMP 11 itself. Nothing seems to fix this problem. I can run WMP fine from a different Windows profile, but from my main profile the program seems stone cold dead no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

A:WMP 11 library has disappeared

Please upgrade to Windows XP SP3, and then apply all other patches.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442118/wmp-11-library-has-disappeared/
Relevancy 61.92%

I can't open my dvd/cd drive,and the properties says status:no media,partition style :not applicable.Can someone help me.I can't also use the add windows components,although its not a problem for me,i think it is related why my dvd/cd don't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-library.629309/
Relevancy 61.92%

First off a little background I am currently the sole Tech Support for a Smaller Rural Public Library System We have branches for the entire county and a total of about Computers in use totally throughout those locations We also have a very limited budget and almost no budget for non book purchases The problem is that with being the only tech support person I frequently need to troubleshoot problems at the different locations all on different networks with county supplied Hubs of which I Library VNC Public have no settings access to In addition to that we have developed a recent problem with respect to child protection laws that without parent approval kids cannot access myspace facebook etc and Public Library VNC some patrons viewing pornographic material and we need to have the ability to Public Library VNC log onto a computer to monitor activity if we suspect something is happening without their knowledge ie without popups like logmein So with this situation of varying IP addresses across multiple networks the need to log in secretly and as free as free can get what is the best option to make this happen Is there a VNC client that can handle this or server implementation or something else Also a not currently required feature would be the mass sending of updates or program installs to computers would be nice but not necessary nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
I was trying to download yahoo messenger and I get an error saying dll library could not be found. How can I fix this? Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-library-could-not-be-found.397108/
Relevancy 61.92%

"The Image Processing Library 98 (IPL98) is a platform independent image manipulating C/C++ library. The purpose of the library is to be useful, for combining tailor-made image processing and interpretation with standard methods for acquisitions, processing, display and storage of image information. Emphasis is put on interactivity in projects made by students, as well as for advanced research and development."

Visit http://www.mip.sdu.dk/ipl98 for more info.

I need to use it in Borland C++, many way has been tried:

- compile directly in Borland - fails. Don't know why. It does have Borland project lib there.
- compile in VS2005 - get static lib - don't know how to change to DLL or how to use this lib in Borland.

If you ever dealt with it, please give me a hint. Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipl98-library.635480/
Relevancy 61.92%

I had a hard drive failure a few weeks ago so I lost all my files there. My iPhone is currently synced in the iTunes Library of that PC but since my hard drive got broken, now it's lost. I want to put new songs on my iPhone but I can't because it's not synced in the iTunes Library of my laptop. So that means I really need to delete all the stuff again since that's needed in order to sync it to a new library?

A:iTunes Library

Welcome to Seven Forums crusher25. See if this will help you.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3141

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/232394-itunes-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My wife and I have identical MSI laptops bought a few months apart, both running 7 home premium. Her interface is flashier, and I couldn't care less, but I like that her library folders divide contents by the real location and show the paths to those locations in blue text. Can I do that?

A:Library Locations?

Hi and welcome to TSG is this what you mean http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-libraries-%E2%80%93-and-why-you-want-them/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/library-locations.912493/
Relevancy 61.92%

Just a general question, In music library upper right corner it says folder with a drop down arrow and under the drop down are choices of album,artist,song,genre,rating when clicking on one of those nothing happends. Also when sharing my music alot of my songs are locked. I've tried select all/ share and tried doing them individually, neither work. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-library.914463/
Relevancy 61.92%

I don't know what is going on but for some reason I can't access my library's. or create a new Library. It was working fine till I tried using Xbox with my MCE and now when I try to access my library's nothing is there and when I click on New Library I get the Message in the picture below. I tried restoring it back to default but nothing any way to fix this without reinstalling?

A:Problem with Library's

Hello Shadowminx69,

You might do a repair install first before to see if you can avoid doing a clean reinstall.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6844-problem-librarys.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping that someone can help me with a situation involving the iTunes libraries of my two children. One has a pretty hefty-sized one and the other will be getting an Ipod for Christmas, so I expect his will grow to good size relatively quickly. I have a computer that has a 40GB HD, not nearly enough for the kids and my wife that use it. I have added an external 1TB drive and have copied my daughter's library to it. I believe I have correctly mapped iTunes to the library on the external drive, but iTunes does not populate itself with the content in library. I have struggled with this for hours and hours, even uninstalling/re-installing iTunes multiple times, re-mapping it to the external library to try to get it to "recognize" it. Unfortunately, nothing has worked. Can anyone help me? I would pretty much need step-by-step instructions.
Thanks very much.

Relevancy 61.92%

I downloaded songs into my itunes, everything was workin fine
then i had to reimage my computer for a different reason
i plugged in my ipod and downloaded itunes again
but the library was messed up, it doesn't show my old songs
it shows my folder under DEVICES
and a new folder under SHARED

how do i get my old folder back with my old songs?
if not how can i delete ALL the songs from itunes and my ipod.
I tried doing it manually but the delete option doesn't come up when i right click.

i know it's really frustrating but ny help would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112159/itunes-library/
Relevancy 61.92%

I successfully have my Vista Laptop seeing my XP Desktop and my XP housemates computer

My Vista and XP and Housemates computer all successfully share to my Xbox 360

My XP, will not share to my housemates XP.
My Vista will not share to my housemates XP
My Vista will not share to my xp

However they will all quite happily file share thru shared folders, just cannot media share

Each does not show the other in the 'allow this device' list in Windows Media Player

I have trawled around the internet extensivly but not been able to find a solution.
I have tried cutting internet, leaving the lan on and killing all local firewalls...to no avail

So, hopefully the vista to xp's can be fixed

Yours

Barry Carlyon

A:WMP Library Sharing

Barry, are all set to the same workgroup?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/172133-wmp-library-sharing.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have been searching for a way to separate DVD's into genres or something else so I don't have to sift through tons of Disney intermixed with my movies. I have read posts that rename DVD titles from stuff like "Superman Cartoons" to "children_Superman Cartoons". However, I have a large collection and don't feel like doing that.
If Netflix's program can do it, I would think someone else could right a program similar to that like a plugin or something.

Does anyone know of such that is easy to use, i.e. you install it, and it doesn't change anything in WMC except the addition of sorting DVD titles?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/250822-dvd-library-sub-categories.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, hopefully someone can help on this one..?? On trying to open up some programs I am getting the message...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program:C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

As Im not into the workings of a computer I have no idea what that actually means. If anyone can offer assistance with this problem it would be very much appreciated..
Thanks, Rich

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/runtime-library-169169.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have accidently renamed my Music folder to Documents, even though I already have a Documents folder.
The result is that I now don't have a Music Library, and I have 2 folders pointing to the same location.

So I would like to know how I can fix this so it is just like the default setup.

Some additional information to help with describing the problem:
If I go to C:\Users\MyName\Music, I has exactly the same files as C:\Users\MyName\Documents
And the file location of a file is C:\User\MyName\Music.
Also there is this:

Whenever I delete 1 of the 2, it comes back after 5 seconds or so.

If you don't know how to fix this, at least explain to me how I can make my default libraries, documents/music/pictures/videos/downloads, on my A: drive instead my C: because my C: is my SSD and A: just an HDD.

A:How do I change the name of a Library?

Hello Maxis, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Those are links to your folders in the "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder instead, and are not libraries.

If you like, you can use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore their default name and location to fix this.

User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58110-how-do-i-change-name-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all I am the lucky guy that keeps track of my home network My problem is my yo daughter has done something to her Vista Home Premium Media Center I had set up her VMC with the registry adjustment to show quot Gallery quot I got it working correctly and she could watch movies I login to her system now a couple months later to check things today from Remote Desktop and the quot DVD Library quot option is missing I did notice quot Netflix quot being shown now though I didn't do that I checked the add remove programs nothing I figured I would Library Missing DVD just reset the VMC library but when I went to the Setup portion of Media Center the option is missing I am an IT guy of years by career so I am not just any user However this one has me stumped I searched Google to no avail Any one got any ideas Thank you Disgruntled IT dad grrrrr

A:DVD Library Missing

You are probably way out of my league in this being a professional IT man and I hope I am not giving stupid ideas, I just hate to see not even a reply to try to help you out yet. Which must mean you are definitely "S-O-L" as you are treading uncharted waters.
Is the registry key still set at "Gallery"? If you run a program like "Registry Mechanic" or whatever on a scheduled basis, could it see that as a registry error and reset the key? Or if you had to do a Windows repair/reinstall, does that change all keys back to their default?
If you have a server computer hosting the movies, did you go into explorer to see if her computer still even has proper permissions to access the movie directory? Maybe if WMC doesn't find anything to display under that heading, it won't even show the heading.
As far as the setup option missing goes, could that be a part of Windows Security that doesn't show do to account/access permissions. If you temporarily make her account an administrator, then restart, does it show up? Or even easier, If does it show up when logged in as a current administrator.
Do you have another computer running a similar setup that works to compare the registries with for any other changes? If this seem like it might help you and you don't have another computer, I will post screen shots of my registry for you.
If nothing else and it seems like your alone in this, maybe it would be quicker to back up her system and then restore a backup that is functional and migrate her recent files over from the newest backup.
Please do share when you get this figured out. I have a WHS computer hosting Media Center PC's so I may run into a very similar problem in the future.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/249987-dvd-library-missing.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Getting statement SQL library failed initialization.Please uninstall then run set-up to correct this problem.Don't know if real or false.Runing XP PRO 32bit. servise pack 3.Sure could use your help.Thanks to every one.

A:sql library failed

Hi - Try this first -

In XP open -control panel - administrative tools- services - scroll down to SQL Server VSS Writer, double click on it and change automatic to manual -
In general (from what I can find) the service is not usually a required article -

There is no need to reinstall SQL Server - Go to Add/Remove Program in windows Control Panel
Remove microsoft SQL server vss writer program. Reboot the computer.
Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325791/sql-library-failed/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have my music Library configured the way I like it Large Icon view with two sub folders Singles Folder and Album Folder When I click in Question, Is possible this Library the Album folder and click into an Album I want to have certain columns configured Size Bit Rate Artist etc etc Library Question, Is this possible If I attempt to configure it this way every time I click on album it shows Large Icons I achieved this by opening the main album folder setting the required columns and set all the sub folders to inherit this view I confirmed it was working I then changed the Album folder view to Large Icons I did not reapply the settings to the sub folders however when i open an album the view has changed to the default large icons I've read the only way of doing it is to amend the Libraries button on the Task bar to launch Windows Explorer instead of the libraries view Can anyone recommend another option I would like to keep the Libraries button the way it is Cheers Pdog

A:Library Question, Is this possible

Hi Pdog,

I'm looking into this, but haven't come across a workaround yet. It is a bit annoying - what seems to be happening is that you can arrange the main library to show a particular view and all child folders in that library automatically adopt that view. This is OK for when you create a new child folder. However, changing the view arrangement of either a child folder or its parent library causes all child folders and the parent library to adopt the latest arrangement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19850-library-question-possible.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I need to change the icon from Library, i can't find any way to change the icon? please thanks.

A:library icon

Hello Reborn,

I'm not sure which one you wanted to change, but this should help you to do so.

To change the main Libraries folder icon:
Libraries Icon - Change Default Icon

To change a library icon:
Libraries Icons - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/141331-library-icon.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Windows 8.1 and I had the Library icon pinned to my task bar. But I somehow unpinned it. Can someone tell me how to get it back? Thanks.
Frank

A:The library icon

Hello Frank,

If you like, you could right click on the "C:\Windows\explorer.exe" file, or create a new shortcut with that path, and click on "Pin to taskbar" to do so.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33802-library-icon.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there guys....
Does anyone know how to remove the "My Pictures" from the library of media center?
I allready unchecked the folder and selected only the folders inside My Pictures, but it still showing all the folders inside my pictures, and not only the ones that I want!

I heard somthing about that it has to be done in the registry...

HELP Please!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/208256-problems-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I live on a school compound in which all staff live on site. We want to create a database of all our DVD's and Books etc so that we can see what everyone else has, and swap/loan them. It is important that this database can be updated by everyone, and accessed by everyone. I'm not sure what software would be good to use and is there any commercial software that is available for this purpose? I have looked online for solutions but most are for personal libraries only and are not shared. Thanks in advance.

Robin

A:Making a Library?????

Hi,
Is Google docs too simple? Web-based and free.

https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...llowup=http://docs.google.com/&ltmpl=homepage

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-a-library.1010284/
Relevancy 61.92%

Help - I have a windows 2000 system that is now complaining everytime I appear to open a folder/control panel/...
basically it appears to be an internet explorer script error..
Error Msg is 'Library not registered' and the url it refers to changes depending on what I'm doing - for the control panel - it's file://C:\WINNT\Web\controlp.htt

I've reinstalled Win2k SP2 and even upgraded from IE 5.5 SP2 to IE 6 - but still the same problem.. it gets worse because if I open the Computer Management window the Local Users and Groups icon has a big RED CIRCLE with white cross on it and opening this gives a similar message 'Unable to access the computer xxxxxxx. The error was: Library not registered'

Anyone have any ideas how to rectify this one - without having to completely re-install!!!!
Thanks!

A:Library Not Registered!!

That is most likely going to be either a registry error or a damaged htt file. If it is a registry error, then you might as well re-install, these are almost always a clsid key and there are thousands of them in the registry.

Try booting from a CD and repairing the OS. If you have an ERD, use that when prompted.
You could try copying the controlp.htt from a second computer to the bad one.
You can also try removing folder customizations from each folder.

(BTW the htt file is a hypertext file used in windows help and folder customizations)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/library-not-registered.86370/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'd like to remove individual pictures from my pictures library. I know how to remove folders but not individual items.Also, as of today my desktop icons are now in the pictures library and I don't want them there. How do I remove them?Thanks.

A:Windows Library

Hi Ociardha,Have a look at this link: Desktop icons in pictures library/ for a How To remove.In terms of deleting individual pictures, right mouse click on the picture you want to delete and click "delete."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438400/windows-library/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good online Library for ICT? I used to belong to a pay service online site that has now folded.

I am looking for a site that offers tutorials in PDF format or the kind that one can download to study while offline.

I know there are plenty of online tuorials but this is not what I am looking for.

I am an ICT teacher in developing countries and found the previous site to be a fantastic resource.

Any help would be much appreciated

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/online-it-library.468032/
Relevancy 61.92%

I uninstalled iTunes and want to play the .mp3s (I still have the library files) with WMP. When I use 'add to library, it shows finding files, but they don't show in my WMP library. How do I add them?

Relevancy 61.92%

After searching for a good Windows 7 library icons pack and finding there was nothing I decided to put together my own.

Hope you like.

Windows 7 Library Icons by ~barryfell on deviantART

A:New library icons

Simply cool ! I like those. Thanks for sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/99713-new-library-icons.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP library re: cannot load SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system re: cannot load library services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA TELUSE SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files TELUS TELUS Security service Freedom exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TELUS eCare bin mad exe C PROGRA Motive ASSTCO MOTIVE EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program re: cannot load library Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp wz d HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA TELUSE SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run TELUS Security service quot C Program Files TELUS TELUS Security service Freedom exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SystemCheck C WINDOWS system syscheck exe start O - HKLM RunOnce Index Washer C Program Files Webroot Washer WashIdx exe quot Owner quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Window Washer C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe startup O - HKCU RunOnce Index Washer C Program Files Webroot Washer WashIdx exe quot Owner quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Global Startup TELUS eCare lnk C Program Files TELUS eCare bin matcli exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Absolute Poker - C DBF - - c- F - C ED - C Documents and Settings Owner Start Menu Programs Absolute Poker Absolute Poker lnk O - Extra Tools menuitem Absolute Poker - C DBF - - c- F - C ED - C Documents and Settings Owner Start Menu Programs Absolute Poker Absolute Poker lnk O - Extra button Run IMVU - d - baa- bc - cf -a d db - C Documents and Settings Owner Start Menu Programs IMVU Run IMVU lnk O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button PartyPoker net - F FE - - e -B - B EED - C Program Files PartyGaming Net PartyPokerNet RunPF exe O - Extra T... Read more

A:re: cannot load library

Closing duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/563586-my-previous-post.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-cannot-load-library.563582/
Relevancy 61.92%

I keep getting a message
Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library
ProgramC:\Program Files|Internest Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more
information.

I loose whatever page I am on and it takes me back to
my desktop. What is it and how do I get rid of it?

A:Runtime Library??What is it??

Do this in order:

1) Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> delete cookies, delete files (select off-line content), clear history. Then click ok and exit Internet Explorer.
2) Read http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/index1.html then download and run SpyBot. Make sure to get the updates for SpyBot before you have it scan your computer. After you scan and remove anything SpyBot finds, make sure to click the Immunize button followed by OK and then click the Immunize button in the right pane.
3) Run two of the following free online Anti-Virus scans here:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com - I found this to work the best.

http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan

http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan
4) Read http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt then download and install HiJackThis. Open up HiJackThis and click "Scan". After you do so, click "Save Log" and save it to your desktop. Exit HiJackThis and open the log you created on your desktop and copy everything in the log and post it here. Make sure not to delete anything in the HiJackthis log, most of the things in the log are used to keep your computer running properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runtime-library-what-is-it.177187/
Relevancy 61.92%

As you can see in the library there's videos and such but no "pictures"
how can I fix this?

A:No pictures in library

Hello Alphlax

Libraries - Restore Default - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-pictures-in-library-694440.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I remove all folders from the libraries but one. However, they keep coming back. ie: videos,pictures, music, etc. How can I keep the library folder the way I want it?

A:Customized Library

Hello Mariner,

How are you going about removing them?

Is there anything that you are doing (ex: restarting the computer) when they come back?

You should be able to just right click on a library folder and click on Delete to remove them. As long as you do not restore them, they should remain deleted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/96661-customized-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Alright so I'm new to the forums here and I tried searching through the forums as well as searching online for a solution but I haven't found any usable information on my issue For some reason unknown to me I cannot name a library to quot Movies quot It used to be named Movies and then something happened and it defaulted back to Videos When I went to change the name back to Movies it just automatically switches it back to Videos again Anything else seems to be OK things such as quot Movie quot or quot Moviez quot However its quite annoying that I simply can't use Movies Its the only one I am having issues with Also I've tried restoring the defaults and it didn't help I library rename a Can't know this isn't a terribly critical issue but its really frustrating and I can't believe I'm the only one who has had this issue aka I'm hoping someone has a solution This is the second time I've had this issue and last time I never solved Can't rename a library it I ended up doing a fresh install a month or so ago and for some reason I'm having the issue again Thanks in advance

A:Can't rename a library

Hello Sideburn, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you able to create a new library name "Movies" instead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152943-cant-rename-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Being a fairly new user to Windows 7, I managed to somehow delete/lose my original 'Documents' folder in the Library. When I finally recovered, the folder levels were not the same, and I ended up with the setup as shown on the attached. My question is this: can I eliminate one of the levels so I don't have to do so many clicks to get down to my folder where the actual documents are stored?

Unfortunately, I do not have a backup that will get me back to where I was before.

Also, how can I change the default save level? Curently, my files are saved at the top level 'Documents' folder.

Thanks!

A:Documents Library

Hello Lindaw, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It appears that you manually added a copy of your C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents folder into the Documents library instead of using the method in the tutorial below to include it. You should be able to delete the one you added, then include that folder instead to have it back to default.

Library - Include a Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141910-documents-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi.

I have my iTunes library stored and used via a seagate 750GB Ext HD, I used to use my old laptop to access, add, edit etc data in my library, unfortunately my old laptop (Running Vista) got damaged beyond repair and was totally unusable, so I bought a new laptop (HP G61, running Windows 7 home premium). I have managed to deauthorise and authorsie the laptops as required.

My problem is that although I can access iTunes in the Ext HD via my new laptop I cannot edit any of the data in the iTunes library - when I go to "get info" all of the data is lightly greyed out and cannot be edited in any way. I've tried converting all the tracks to AAC but this doesn't work.

Please can someone advise how I can get to edit my library.

Many thanks in advance

Relevancy 61.92%

I have had to re-install Win 7 and in the documents library I have folders showing that didn't the first install.  It appears to be various docs from my documents that are duplicated and are duplicated as I add new ones.  I don't care for this and assume there is a setting causing this.  Can someone advise how to remove it?

As it states, there are two locations in that folder.  What do you mean by that you reinstalled the OS?  What software did you use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522631/documents-library/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I'm having some trouble arranging my photo library uisng the the Day or Month options.

I have added a folder with my photo's to the Library, and it is arranged using the Folder option. If I click on the pull-down list and select any other option (e.g. Day) then it simply goes back to Folder (see image). I can't seem to select any other option apart from Folder.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks,
Golden

A:Library Question

Update :

Been doing some research : the problems appears related to corruption in the INDEXING. See below:

Broken search in Windows 7 Libraries

The suggested fix seems to be creating a new user profile - quite an extreme and unorthodox "fix" to say the least. Microsoft really needs to look into this more.

This poses a conundrum for me, since I have turned OFF indexing since my C: is a SSD (and that is where the Library is stored/acccessed) but my photo's are physically saved in E: (spinner drive). I don't think turning OFF indexing is the cause of the problem since its not mentioned in the link above.

Anyone using a SSD have the same problems? BTW : you will see this issue simply by trying to arrange the default Sample Pictures under Public Pictures (see below).

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140939-library-question.html
Relevancy 61.92%

What is the purpose of the 'Library' in Windows 7? Is this similar to XP, where the main user/owner can split the files and only allow limited to another user, or is it for some other reason?

A:Purpose of 'Library?'

Libraries are a system of accessing files from all over your system. You add a folder to the Libraries (or create a new Library) and it retains it's original location, yet is displayed and accessible in Libraries. You can also save files to the Library and it will place it in the original folder (yet, again, display in Libraries) A 'central repository', if you will. This link should help:

Inside Windows 7:Introducing Libraries

And, if you want further information:

what are windows 7 libraries - Google Search

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141973-purpose-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have my photos under the users folder under my name and then my pictures.  With them stored there they are not shown in the Libraries pictures folders.  I know it would be duplication but is there a way to have them put in both locations or target the Libraries picture folder to the other one?  Hope this makes sense.  Thanks.

A:My pictures in Library Win 7

Easiest to just add the current photo location to the Library.

Right click the Pictures library
Select Properties
Press the Include a folder button
Navigate to the location your pictures are stored
Press the Include folder
Adjust where it appears it the Library by left clicking and dragging
If you want it to be the default save location highlight the location and press the Set save location button.
Press the OK button

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518736/my-pictures-in-library-win-7/
Relevancy 61.92%

I love the library except for one thing: folder views and specifically the fact that if you open a folder via the library it does not remember which view you used.

It works fine viewing the folder any other way than through libraries. It's incredibly frustrating having to change the view every time I switch between certain folders.

Anyone got this frustration or, better still, a solution?

A:Library Views

Hello Ruudfood,

While all Included Folders and subfolders in a library will always share the same folder view. You can have separate Arrange by view settings in each added new folder in the library though.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/67564-library-views.html
Relevancy 61.92%

thanks to this comunity of smart people, you guys help me fix a bunch of trojans malware on my home computer ! thanks,

on my lap top i downloaded adobe programs and this trigger the running time library messages and all programs close down and back to icons screen , i can not open just about anything, can some one tell me what to do ? thanks, raffman

A:run time library++....

this message is not allowing me to download anything , what do I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-time-library.795843/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Win XP with Media Player 11 installed and I have all my MP3 files on a separate drive in a folder named MUSIC my problem is that I cannot get all the files into the library am I missing a step or what?

A:Library Files

What happens when you try, do you get an error message?
How many files in the folder now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/library-files.753248/
Relevancy 61.92%

I try to write a small app (C++) in KDevelop 3.0.4, which uses ipq library. What I must to do to allow my program to compile?

I've set up in project options a CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/" and LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/ -lipq".
I've included files libipq.h and netfilter.h (with right path).
Compile=>"undefined reference to `ipq_perror(char const*)".

Please, help...

A:KDevelop & library

Do you get a line number for the error?? Or calling function?

That may let you trace the error.

Also there are some compile time debuggers out there you might want to look for. No good ones come to mind right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kdevelop-library.15046/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am in the process of deploying windows 7 throughout my school. Documents,Music & Videos, are all redirected, which is working absolutely fine.The only problem i have is the the " 2 locations link ".Does anyone know how i can hide or remove the "2 locations link"

If it is not possible to hide or remove the " 2 locations link ". Is there a way to stop users from adding or removing the default save location ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/172146-documents-library.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

Recently everytime i open my computer it appears the following message:

"SQLDUMPER library failed initialization. Your installation is either corrupt
or has been tampered with. Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct
this problem."

Please help me!!I donīt know what to do!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sqldumper-library.749006/
Relevancy 61.92%

I subscribe to ZoneAlarm and have never had problems before now. When trying to install the update (80_059_000_en), it said to shut down TrueVector Services, but I seem to have solved that problem. Now the error is that it cannot load the DLL library, and it says access denied. It shows a file name ending with vsutil.dll.

I cannot get my current version of ZoneAlarm to open either.

I have tried cleaning my registry, with both Abexo and Eusing, but the error is the same.

Thanks.

A:ZoneAlarm DLL library

Registry cleaning is typically not the smartest idea. That will only damage your system. I would say to start by removing any current version of zone alarm via add/remove programs. Then go to the program folder for zonealarm post uninstall and delete it. Then just download ad install the latest version of the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zonealarm-dll-library.773178/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys I'm current y facing an issue with Windows that may not be very major but it is bugging me As you guys know Windows now incorporate Librarys as a way of sorting ur stufff instead of designated Folders not renaming. Library Well I always Renamed my libraries from Beta to RC to now Win Pro with no probs at all Tll just now I discovered all my libraries have quot Library not renaming. fixed quot them selves to the default naming music Videos Documents you get the pic Any Library not renaming. further changes to the library name does not work at all However if i were to change the library name to anything other than the desired library name it would change without a hitch just what is going on here It jut recovered from another prob that was Chckdsk not starting it would get stuck at second now my question is these problems interelated and if so do i really have to reinstall My copy of windows please don't tell me i have to D I have never encountered any problems from Beta to RC but the retail version is really giving me a big headache i had to reinstall twice alrdy

A:Library not renaming.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ex14

Tll just now. I discovered all my libraries have "fixed" them selves to the default naming (music, Videos, Documents...you get the pic ). Any further changes to the library name does not work at all. However if i were to change the library name to anything other than the desired library name, it would change without a hitch. just what is going on here? ._.???

Welcome to the forums Ex14
I am confused by your statements above. Can or cannot you change the names?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/24788-library-not-renaming.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've upgraded to WMP11 and have watch folders etc set up.

Whenever I try to import my library of music (catalogued in a folder hierarchy of artist/album/song) of over 10,000 tracks, the player will only locate and import nearly half of them. Successive scans occasionally find a few more, but the player refuses to import the others. All the tracks are in MP3 format.

I also use I-Tunes and Winamp and they have no trouble showing all the files in the library.

Does anyone have any idea why WMP11 will not import everything from the My Music folder.

Thanks

A:WMP11 Library

Instead of using watchfolders, clear out your library, then drag-and-drop the files into the library.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-library.516760/
Relevancy 61.92%

I see there is now an official way of changing the icons on user created libraries. It's not available for the standard ones though.

A:Library Icons

Hello Keith,

Option Two in the tutorial below can help show you how to also change the default library icons.

Library Icons - Change in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/4522-library-icons.html