Windows Support Forum

Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

Q: Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

Hello
I have an Acer E1-571 suddenly I have an X on my audio controller icon on home page and no audio devices in control panel. I have tried installing sound video and gaming controllers and then tried to install update but it says best already installed and still no Audio.
Any and all help greafully appreciated and many thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

Look for audio drivers on the motherboard CD delivered to when after purchasing your system. If you can't find it or don't have mobo CD around, navigate to manufacturer website and download driver for audio device from there.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-disabled-no-audio-devices-windows-8.202541/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi!

I've recently built a new computer and so far I've had a lot of issues with the audio.
It worked to begin with, the first few hours, but after several installs of different software it stopped working.

I've tried to uninstall/install drivers over and over again, reading on forums and so on trying to solve the problem...

All the three audio devices are faulty:

Internal audio
External sound card
Audio from GTX 580

This is how my device manager looks like:

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-950
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium, Socket-1366
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 12GB CL8
HDD OS: Crucial RealSSD C300 2,5" 128GB
Graphic: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX CUDA
PSU: Corsair AX 850W

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!

A:All 3 audio devices disabled.

Right Click on each of those non-working devices and select uninstall. Restart your computer and report back to us.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-3-audio-devices-disabled.966808/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey I'm new, and I disabled my internal microphone by: Control panel>hardware and sound>manage audio devices>recording tab> and disabled it. I would like to turn it back on now. but it's saying No audio devices are installed please help

A:Disabled internal Mic/no audio devices installed

Hi GuyWithProblems,

Could you please Fill Out Your System Specs? It would really help. Also, are you using a desktop or a laptop? What sound card are you using?

Thanks,
Jaidyn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171524-disabled-internal-mic-no-audio-devices-installed.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have an unusual problem my Audio Output Devices are all sorts of confused I can't change | Cannot Sounds Simultaneously Devices Play Audio Disabled/Enabled the default device nor disable enable any devices and no sound comes out My notification tray shows there are No speakers of headphones plugged in Sometimes it says No Audio Output Device Is Installed If I click on it it tries to fix it but Audio Devices Disabled/Enabled Simultaneously | Cannot Play Sounds ends up showing the Audio device is disabled Not Fixed When I open up Playback Devices it is not disabled There is nothing under the Levels tab anymore I have all devices shown At this point I cannot change the default device nor disable certain devices even though the options are not greyed out amp I can select them Selecting the actions just does nothing I don't think it's a hardware issue because the audio devices change when I plug in the HDMI cable It still plays no audio over it but it switches the default device to the HDMI device I still cannot enable disable nor set default devices Selecting the actions just does nothing Here is my Device Manager content I've reinstalled the devices using the drivers from my device manufacturer I've heard that the HDMI graphics cards can interfere with the audio devices and to that end I have uninstalled amp deleted the drivers for both graphics devices amp both audio devices I've also used Driver Sweeper to remove the graphics devices This coupled with the odd behavior of not being able to enable disable set default devices makes me think it's not a driver issue but rather something deeper in Windows itself I've checked the Windows Audio Service and the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Service and they are running and are under the correct accounts from what I've researched IMG IMG I've heard there can be permissions issues here but I'm not sure how to check that Here is some driver info for my graphics amp audio hardware and the HD Audio Controller It really seems like this is something messed up at a much deeper level than the audio devices themselves I'm going to run a scandisk to see if there's anything messed up there Any other thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated

A:Audio Devices Disabled/Enabled Simultaneously | Cannot Play Sounds

Hi Lysol,
Is there a sound manager in CONTROL PANEL, there are primary options in my one before you get to your screenshots

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/393765-audio-devices-disabled-enabled-simultaneously-cannot-play-sounds.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Alright here's my situation I have a Core Duo PC detected. doesn't devices audio no work, HDMI audio running Vista Home Premium bit hooked up to my TV HDMI audio doesn't work, no audio devices detected. using a HDMI cable This has been working fine for years now Yesterday I decided to add some more RAM to this PC GB instead of the standard GB to be exact I know bit will only read GB but I was thinking of upgrading to Windows bit later Anyway I booted up the computer worked fine of course even watched a movie or two without problems Then this morning I booted up the PC and I suddenly noticed the volume icon saying that there were no audio devices detected I checked under Hardware and there are no audio devices whatsoever So my HDMI cable is still giving me picture but no sound Seeing as I'm using onboard audio I immediately booted into the BIOS and although I couldn't find a specific option that said onboard audio I did see something audio related being quot HDA quot I assume HD audio on automatic the other option was ACRealtek or something However it was enabled so no luck there Does anyone know how all of a sudden my HDMI cable isn't providing audio anymore I even checked my Nvidia card which also stated that HDMI audio was enabled I hope anyone can help me thanks in advance

A:HDMI audio doesn't work, no audio devices detected.

hi and welcome to the forum's

Go to:

Control Panel > Sounds > Playback

Then click on HDMI sound and click on the Set Default button

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/292591-hdmi-audio-doesnt-work-no-audio-devices-detected.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have three audio devices on my pc (ATI HDMI, Via HD onboard and steelseries usb soundcard) and through all devices I only get audio out of the left channel. I have tried two pairs on headphones and my tv speakers all with the same results. I have looked at all the balancing end everything is set to even on both channels.

Windows 7 X64 ultimate
M4A78 PRO Mobo Via HD audio
Steel Series Usb SoundCard

A:Audio Only out of one channel (multiple headsets and audio devices)

As you have three devices, each one separately generates the sound. The only thing common would be the sound itself, such as a wav or mp3 file.

When you use the PC's sound chip (VIA HD) that is one hardware device and the wired on the motherboard output jacks. If you use a USB connected sound device then you are using that device to generate the sound and that device's physical jacks. If you use the ATI HDMI, most video cards have their own built in audio chip (unless this is an old video card that uses S/PDIF connection to the motherboard) and thus again everything separate for audio generation and connection.

One comment, if you have both the Via on board audio and the usb connected sound card enabled at the same time there can be conflicts and sound problems. Not the balance problem you have but there can be problems. If you want to use the VIA then physically disconnect the USB. If you want to use the USB, disable the on-board audio in the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/261657-audio-only-out-one-channel-multiple-headsets-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I have just installed the audio driver for my motherboard, restarted the computer and it seems that driver doesn't do anything at all. I have the speaker icon in the tray bar with a red 'x' on it, and it says: "No Audio Output Device is installed". Why is that? I tried the driver that's on the motherboard CD and also the one from Realtek's website, and while they are different versions, the problem is identical.

Please advise.

A:Solved: 'no audio devices' after installing audio driver

You have posted in Windows 7 forum but your spec says
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
RAM: Kingston 2GB DDR2 667Mhz
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD2400XT
2. Is it the same system please but with 7, if NOT please post the spec
3. What does device manager show please for sound - on the entry there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-audio-devices-after-installing-audio-driver.1127422/
Relevancy 82.99%

i recently bought a new mobo (MSI - p4m900m3) and everything is working fine apart from i cannot get my sound to work.... everything seems to be installed correctly in device manager ( no '!' next to any of my audio drivers) i have ALC888 on board sound. on board sound is enabbled in my BIOS. iv been compleatly stumped on this one for quite a while. if you need any more information just ask. any help would be very appretiated.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I'm gonna try and lay out my problem very simply and then tell you what I have tried done PROBLEM When I plug in Headphones I can not hear anything and in the playback devices nothing is shown to be plugged in This goes the same for my other audio device which is a bose sound dock for ipod but I connect using a mm to mm cable Okay so here goes When I first build the system and installed windows i wasn't thinking much of the sound as i was installing updates and video card drivers and what-not I did at some point Audio Realtek HD Audio/Motherboard Not Devices. any recognizing connect Realtek HD Audio/Motherboard Not recognizing any Audio Devices. the bose to the computer using the mm jack on the front panel of the computer It worked Realtek HD Audio/Motherboard Not recognizing any Audio Devices. fine I heard the little sounds the computer makes when logging on Since then I have had troubles with my network card and ran windows update and various other things Now no sound works at all When I realized this I tried -Changing the actual front panel cable that is connected to the mobo from hd audio to ac and changing the setting in the bios -Searched for many hours online trying many different solutions such as -updating drivers -rolling back drivers Other things i've tried -system restore -update bios -install audio drivers from mobo disc I have moved past being extremely frustrated and I now just dont know what else to do I would greatly appreciate any feedback what so ever Ask me any questions you want

A:Realtek HD Audio/Motherboard Not recognizing any Audio Devices.

Try this.

Nvidia.pdf

Then this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/211770-realtek-hd-audio-motherboard-not-recognizing-any-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 81.27%

my computer's sound has stopped I have searched through lots of websites looking for help I first noticed configuration output Audio devices? no audio this problem when I tried to Audio configuration no audio output devices? open iTunes and it came up with the message 'iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio video playback may not operate properly' I also cannot listen to music or things online either I have looked at my computer's device manager and can't find any catergory such as 'sound video and game controllers' which one site suggested to try and check the sound card I have also tried to update quicktime but that did nothing I have Audio configuration no audio output devices? also tried looking at 'sound' and under both the playback and recording columns it says that there are no audio devices installed THis appears to be the common phrase along a problem with the audio configuration This has not ever happened to my computer before and I have had it for about years now It is a toshiba laptop with windows home premium Please help guys I am really frustrated

A:Audio configuration no audio output devices?

If its not being detected at all in the Device Manager, it will not show up anywhere else.

When you boot up your PC, enter the BIOS (could be called "Setup") and check to see if the sound is disabled. If it is disabled in the BIOS it will not show up in Windows. If its showing as enabled in the BIOS, do a BIOS reset (to factory setup) and see if that makes a difference.

If its not disabled in the BIOS there is a chance the hardware has failed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/258317-audio-configuration-no-audio-output-devices.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there first i ll give ye the spiel about my laptop audio setup I spilled a pint of vodka and blackcurrant all over the keyboard a few years ago all this audio audio simultaneously? devices two Play through has damaged is how my speakers work despite the wireless card and under the keyboard being covered in sticky sugar crystals a the two embedded speakers emit faint crackling when music is played at max volume b the embedded subwoofer works fine c the headphone socket only works when a jack is inserted halfway in a very particular manner giving audio to one desktop speaker only I ve been using cheap quot Trust SP p quot stereo usb speakers for the last few months not interested in spending money on a proper external soundcard setup My question is Can I configure windows or some application to allow audio playback through the usb speakers and the laptop speakers simultaneously The internal subwoofer is pretty powerful and should sound quite nice combined with the usb speakers at reasonable volumes I ve tried googling this but to no avail Realtek AC soundcard Acer wlmi TL DR version Is there a windows xp config or software available that ll allow me to play audio through my usb speakers and internal laptop speakers simultaneously many many thanks if you can help me out will nbsp

A:Play audio through two audio devices simultaneously?

First thing you should do is clean the sugar and gunk off the inside. I can't believe the keyboard still works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/play-audio-through-two-audio-devices-simultaneously.103868/
Relevancy 80.41%

I turned on my laptop the other day and no audio would play from anything, like youtube videos or itunes. I checked my volume control nothing was muted. When I opened itunes I got a message saying "itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/video playback may not operate properly". I tried to restart the laptop but had the same issue. So I went to the acer site and downloaded the audio driver for my laptop. Now the volume control icon has a red circle with a white x through it and says "audio device is disabled". I have a Acer aspire 7745g running Windows 7 64bit

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all~

I'm a solo recording artiest, and I have two different speaker set ups, one HD 5.1 which I have plugs into the 4 color coded jacks in the back (I use this set for it's 12inch subwoofer and mid-range quality checks), and one HD JVC duel speaker set up (which I use for it's tweeters and good vocal quality).

With both Windows 2000, and XP I have no problem playing audio through both speakers at the same time. Now, it only plays through the "Default" speaker setup which you choose. I searched through all the settings I could find in the audio options and have found no sign that Windows 7 is even able to use two devices at once (which is an epic fail)... Can anyone help me out?

A:Can Windows 7 use two audio devices at once?

What you want is something like in my system specs to offer you a favorable resolution to your dilemma. Multiple outputs from one device with different bus mixes available. Used with app like Sonar or Cubase, is fantastic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33877-can-windows-7-use-two-audio-devices-once.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm on the verge of re-installing Windows Spent the last hours searching on here and other forums for a fix but can't seem to find any It - is device all. no at audio Audio disabled started earlier today I'd just installed Call of Duty World at War Audio device is disabled - no audio at all. off Steam tried to launch it and it kept crashing Tried a few things but nothing worked and read it might be a sound driver issue Tried updating my ASUS Xonar DX drivers to the latest version but once the PC had restarted I had no sound and a the speaker on the taskbar said there's no output device installed Uninstalled these drivers and tried installing the ones I was using and same problem I opened up playback devices and the default speakers were my monitor as I connect via HDMI from my graphic card to my main monitor The quot set default quot option was greyed out and I couldn't change the default speakers unless I disabled the HDMI audio but still I had no sound Tried uninstalling the graphic drivers and re-installing the drivers Audio device is disabled - no audio at all. first but still nothing Audio device is disabled - no audio at all. Even when the only audio device was the sound card there was no sound If I troubleshoot it says the audio device is disabled even though it isn't I've checked all the audio services and they're all running I even tried enabling my onboard audio again but I still get the same problem of the audio device apparently being disabled I ran an sfc scannow and that fixed a few things but still no audio Only thing I can think of doing now is just re-installing Windows

A:Audio device is disabled - no audio at all.

Well I just tried re-installing the onboard audio drivers after the sfc scan, and restarted and the onboard audio works. I've had enough of it for one day, so I'll try my soundcard again tomorrow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/99770-audio-device-disabled-no-audio-all.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a computer with a 2ghz processor and 1gb of ram. I have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on it. Every now and then I swap out the hard drive and put in a hard drive that has Windows XP Pro on it. When I do this, there are no audio sources detected and even when I try to download drivers it still does not work. It is a fairly new motherboard with an onboard soundcard. Is it possible that Windows XP is not compatible with the motherboard? How can I fix this so when I put the hard drive with Windows XP on into the computer, it detects the same audio devices that the Vista sees. I would rather not use a dual boot. Please help.

A:Windows XP will not detect audio devices

are the xp driver loaded onto the xp drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-xp-will-not-detect-audio-devices-212605.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,
So the title states the majority of the problem, but I should probably note what is happening.
When plugging in headphones / earbuds audio plays out of the speakers and not the earbuds / headphones.

I have investigated a bit and found that I need to set my default audio device to my headphones, but that is not an (apparent) option.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/04a4bc5ee209e8fe97a9a9f6747f8173

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/74453-how-add-audio-playback-devices-windows-8-1-os.html
Relevancy 76.97%

i was getting 2 error messages: 1. there's a problem with the hi def audio driver. but the troubleshooter kept failing when it tried to re-install the driver. 2. then it said that there were no audio devices installed. i tried several different drivers, but this one worked for me:http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=falseVista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file) R2.37

A:windows 7 not detecting audio devices

And you jumped with so much joy, that you had to post your first post to tell us all about it
Welcome to BleepingComputer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276767/windows-7-not-detecting-audio-devices/
Relevancy 76.11%

After a restart for a Windows Update, suddenly all audio devices have disappeared. Troubleshoot sound problems--> Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem Sound - Playback devices--> No audio devices are installed (show disabled devices/show disconnected devices) Device manager--> Audio-input and -output device type disappeared--> Sound, video and game controllers still shows two drivers (Conexant ISST Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio) Update history-- > Cumulative update Windows 10 version 1607 for x64-systems (KB3194496) (installed on 04/10/2016) Additional information- Internet connection: LAN It appears to me that the hardware is functional, however, not recognized or detected by Windows anymore. Edit: The following seems to have (at least temporarily) fixed the problem:1. Device Manager --> Sound, video and game controllers --> Conexant ISST Audio --> Uninstall (including driver software)2. Device Manager --> Scan for hardware changes3. Sound --> Troubleshoot sound problems4. Restart

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-devices-disappeared-after-Windows-Update/td-p/5791388
Relevancy 76.11%

Restarted my computer today and none of my audio devices were working. I have installed all the latest Window's updates and re-installed Realtek. When I run the troubleshooter I get

this error.

In Device Manager all my audio devices have a yellow triangle beside them and have Error Code 19.

If anyone has any help it would be very much appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-not-finding-any-audio-devices.1121499/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi My Aspire ES 15 (with windows 10) laptop can't use audio device, it's always shows "no audio output devices is installed". How can I do, please? Thanks

A:no audio output devices Aspire ES 15 with Windows ...

In addition, its model is ES1-531-P6KL.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/no-audio-output-devices-Aspire-ES-15-with-Windows-10/td-p/444376/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,
Everything was ok with sound but now the computer doesn't detect any sound devices like amplifier, headphones, speakers, etc. The computer does find the audio card, but not devices. Please help.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi My Aspire ES 15 (with windows 10) laptop can't use audio device, it's always shows "no audio output devices is installed". How can I do, please? Thanks

A:no audio output devices Aspire ES 15 with Windows ...

In addition, its model is ES1-531-P6KL.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/no-audio-output-devices-Aspire-ES-15-with-Windows-10/td-p/444376
Relevancy 76.11%

So this is how the story goes Like a week ago I was using my computer as normal and when I closed it and opened it the next day I had no sound I actually didn't notice this until I tried to play Audio No 7, Devices Windows Problem (WindowsAudioEndpointBuilder) a youtube video Then I noticed I didn't have the speaker icon in the bottom right of my screen next to the clock etc I tried going to my control panel and opening sound Windows 7, No Audio Devices Problem (WindowsAudioEndpointBuilder) settings but it said that there were no audio devices I literally spent that day trying to desperately search for a solution but I found nothing I don't think the problem is in my soundcard because it's integrated to my MotherDrive or whatever it's called and I tried to buy an external usb sound card and I still had the same problem No audio devices What I have now found out is that when I go to my services msc WindowsAudioEndpointBuilder won't run And it gives an error which says Error xc Also Windows Audio service has the same problem error I have literally tried everything and I saw a topic where you helped someone with a similar Windows 7, No Audio Devices Problem (WindowsAudioEndpointBuilder) problem Any help would be highly appreciated and also I have already downloaded the correct drivers and everything is up-to-date

A:Windows 7, No Audio Devices Problem (WindowsAudioEndpointBuilder)

Did you uninstall the audio devices in Device Manager...before reinstalling the correct drivers?  Note that I did not ask if you "updated" the drivers.

FWIW:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Windows_Audio_Endpoint_Builder-16920.html

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/error-193-0xc1-when-trying-to-start-windows-audio/77795eee-56c3-468d-b32c-be5987797dec .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505134/windows-7-no-audio-devices-problem-windowsaudioendpointbuilder/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey dunno if anyone can help me here..... I reformatted a computer and installed windows. everything is working fine apart from there is no sound. the drivers have obviously uninstalled themselves.....and i do not have the installation disks!! I have searched the internet but do not really know what im looking for! HELP?!?

A:HELP needed! I have reset windows and now have no audio devices!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Do you have onboard sound, or a separate sound card?

If you have onboard sound and your computer is an oem build, such as Dell/Compaq/Gateway etc. You can get your sound drivers etc from your computer manufacturers website.

If your computer is not an oem build. You can get the sound drivers from your mobo manufacturers website. You should also install the chipset(mobo) drivers as well.

If you have a separate sound card, you will need to go to your soundcard manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-i-have-reset-windows-and-now-have-no-audio-devices.48027/
Relevancy 75.68%

Here's my problem Error message quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot Windows was working fine but then after one of its update audio 7 Windows disabled automatic updates the sound stopped working on the system i e Red quot X quot on speaker icon I have tried enabling the audio in normal mode safe mode The driver is up to date and I have even tried re-installing it System restore Windows 7 update disabled audio provided a temporary fix as after one normal use of the PC windows will re-disable the audio and yes I disabled auto updates windows still manages to disable the audio I had the PC sent out under Manufactures Warranty to try to resolve the issue but as the warranty only covers physical damage to the system all the service center was able to do was confirm that it was a software problem they checked the hardware and found it to be working properly So I have determined that the audio is solely software related and that it must be disabled deep in the system as the usual enable disable buttons have no effect Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 update disabled audio

Almost forgot..

System Spec's:
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: Satellite C655 - S5128
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz
Installed memory (Ram): 4.00 GB (3.80 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/215815-windows-7-update-disabled-audio.html
Relevancy 75.68%

This issue occurs with unit with skylake processor.(Eg: HP ProBook 430, 440, 450, 470 G3) Please follow  these steps to try resolve the issue :  1.Disable Intel Smart Sound (ISST) option in BIOS before installing Windows 7. 2. Restart the unit  3. Uninstall the unknown device from Device Manager. 4. Restart it once again.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-disabled-after-installing-Windows-7/td-p/5771857
Relevancy 75.68%

I updated the windows xp home edition that came with my laptop with current security updates and SP2 from microsoft. Now it tells me the software for my Yamaha AC-XG "audio device has been locked from starting because it is known to have problems with windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver".?? Anyone know what this means and how to fix? I no longer have sound from the laptop.
Thank you.

A:audio device disabled by windows???

Good Evening jayrose96, this kind of problem after installing SP-2 is quite common, especially with AMD processor type machines.
As a matter of interest what kind of processor does you machine have?
It seems that the driver integrity signing has been altered in the updated stuff, it is a terrible shame that fixing a pathetic system causes more problems!
qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-device-disabled-by-windows.444024/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I very much want to know the answer to this problem My setup is simple I am working with my Vista Windows audio on multiple Hear in devices Mobo's onboard sound card Mobo is Hear audio on multiple devices in Windows Vista Asus M A -MVP Wi-Fi and here's the thing I see multiple devices Hear audio on multiple devices in Windows Vista in both Vista and Seven have a dual boot - I see the front headphone jack the SPDIF the rear audio port it's surround and also an HDMI I've just recently bought two bluetooth headphones and I have paired them and see them in the audio devices panel too Now this is what I want to do I want to hear the audio on all the devices simultaneously If I turn on the audio system connected to the SPDIF then I should hear the audio there If I connect multiple Bluetooth headphones I should hear the audio from my comp on any and all of them So why can't I do this Apparently this was the default behaviour for Windows in XP That is any audio played was available on all connected devices Now here in Vista and Seven we have a major downgrade in that we have to select a SINGLE audio output device as the quot default quot device and when a device is selected as such the audio stream is SOLELY passed into it THIS IS SO VERY WRONG It is so illogical to do something like this in today's world of changing and evolving multi-media environments I mean what if my Mom wants to hear my music from the kitchen at the same time that I'm listening to it as I work on my desktop She should be able to simply plugin and start listening to what I'm hearing This is RIDICULOUS I hope there's a solution out there I've just spent around three hours googling non-stop about this problem and though many many people have complained about it no one has a proper solution The question is How do I hear audio on Windows Vista or Seven on multiple audio devices SIMULTANEOUSLY

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/256652-hear-audio-multiple-devices-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So here's the deal I've got gtx cards and and have monitors with my computer connected through a DVI cable I have a rd ' HDMI cable running duplicate up freakin to About windows audio devices? give between 2 7 on can't - to my big screen I can mirror the nd display on DVI perfectly to the HDMI HDTV Both systems can play the sound perfectly - BUT - not at the same time I have to go About to give up on freakin windows 7 - can't duplicate audio between 2 devices? into sound control and either select the HDTV for sound -OR- the bose speakers on my computer I've tried stereo mixer to duplicate the sound Didn't work I've tried virtual audio cable and it can duplicate the sound but you have to configure it everytime - PLUS - there is a delay in the sound so it's not sync'd properly with the movie So that's no good either I know you can set one device for your 'sound' and one for you 'communications' Whoopee doo That blows What I want is simple I want my TV amp nd monitor to play the movie I want my bose usb hi def speakers on my computer to play the sound and I want the speakers on my tv to play the sound through HDMI I heard this used to be able to be done in XP but no longer This is a computer system with the ultimate version of on it Something like this should be kiddie play but I can't figure it out Any way to rig it so it works

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491055/about-to-give-up-on-freakin-windows-7-cant-duplicate-audio-between-2-devices/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey everyone Google directed me here after running into install not audio Post recognizing Windows devices SP2 this sound problem with my new computer I recently built myself a computer it was my first time everything seemed to be going pretty swimmingly too considering Then i got service pack The first restart after installing my audio was scratchy and going in and out Then Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install after the next restart it was dead The drivers were still there and according to windows working fine but as far as my computer is concerned there's no sound devices At first I thought maybe it was my sound card driver but then i tried using my mobo's on board audio and that didn't get recognized either Yes i made sure it was enabled in the bios I'm really at quite a loss here I've updated all the drivers for on board and my sound card with the newest i could find and it just doesn't recognize it Plugging my speakers into my onboard and using Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install it's config program to do a sound demo puts sound into my speakers so that part works I need to get these devices communicating somehow and I haven't the faintest idea how Anything short of reinstalling windows would be obviously preferred If it helps here's my system specs Mobo Foxconn C XEM AA- Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install EKRS H Socket AM NVIDIA nForce SLI CPU AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM Gfx Cards Dual XFX GeForce GS MB's in SLI Ram Corsair XMS x MB -Pin SDRAM DDR PC HD Seagate Barracuda RPM gig SATA Sound card CHAINTECH AV- Case Antec Nine Hundred Thanks guys any help is really appreciated Short of reformatting at the moment I've tried everything I can think of I'll be checking back on this post often so if there's any more info you need just ask Edit Here's a picture of my hardware tab highlighting the onboard driver the audio tab showing there's no device to choose from and the onboard's sound demo working and putting sound through my speakers

A:Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install

I'm not going to tell you to update your drivers because about a million people will come in here and tell you to. but heres what you can do, make sure you take out your sound card before trying the onboard sound, sometimes a soundcard messes up onboard audio even if it is disabled.

Then if you do that and the onborad audio works then you have a faulty sound card, return it and get another, if that doesn't work then email tech support. you built your own computer so every part should have a website with a "contact us" link, even if you can't find one on your motherboard or soundcard manufacturers website you can use your CPU or HD, all companies have the same information and can help you with practically anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-not-recognizing-audio-devices-post-sp2-install-135340.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I just cleared my hard drive and reinstalled windows xp and now I cant get any sound out of my computer... I go to control panel and click on sounds and it says no audio devices.... So I installed the ac97 drivers and it says that the driver is corrupt or something like that..... so I uninstalled all that and restarted and windows found realtek drivers and it still said that the drivers were corrupt.
any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-devices-in-windows-xp-after-clearing-hard-drives.660991/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, my name is Conan. I have installed Windows 7(Ultimate, 64-bits) in 2009, my previous os was Windows XP(32-bit). Although I am really happy with W7 there's something which is a big turn-off. The sound, that is, it hasn't worked on W7 ever since I installed it. It's not the devices that are the problem, they all work perfectly fine when connected to my iPod. As a matter of fact, It's quite obvious what the problem is, windows doesn't detect any connected audio devices. Here are some screenshots:

I have already downloaded the latest Realtek driver, but this also didn't detect any audio devices

A:Windows doesn't detect any audio devices: no sound

Well,

Yes, Win 7 has detected an audio device. What it's not detecting is that you have speakers plugged in.

Do you have a set of speakers you can plug into the back (green) speaker jack?

Or maybe a set of headphones into the front (green) headphone jack?

If it didn't detect any devices you wouldn't see those options.

Right now you're set to output audio to "Digital Out", it's set as the default output device, plug speakers in, select "Speakers" then click on "Set Default".

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/66272-windows-doesnt-detect-any-audio-devices-no-sound.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello!

I've searched through these forums and have located the proper settings to disable to stop audio ducking from occurring when loading Teamspeak, Ventrilo or Mumble. The Windows 7 menu says "Do Nothing" like in the following screenshot/post - System Sounds Auto Leveling - Disable . I've also gone into Mumble and disabled attenuation and have gone into Ventrilo and done the same. I still get the audio volume lower when any voicecomm software is active.

Any ideas? I've checked the Realtek control panel and don't see anything there that could be doing it, either. I've been in the guild wars 2 settings and don't see anything there, either. Starting to drive me a little nuts that it keeps happening even though I've told it to not.

Thank you for your help!

A:Audio Ducking in Windows 7 - disabled but still occuring

Hallelujah!

I stumbled across the solution. Posting it to a number of places as I've seen others on other boards trying to hunt this down.

I think it has to do with Realtek audio driver behavior. This worked and stopped my system from audio ducking (even when "DO NOTHING" was selected in the communications tab):

Right click on your volume control, then pick your playback devices tab. Right click on your speakers, then choose "Enhancements". In the scroll bar area, check "Loudness Equalization". My system stopped audio ducking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/271971-audio-ducking-windows-7-disabled-but-still-occuring.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have two USB audio devices that I cannot seem to properly install drivers for Focusrite Scarlett i amp KORG MicroKONTROL I am in communication with both product tech support teams but so far they have not offered a successful solution As the same issue is occurring with multiple devices I thought it might be an OS issue I run Win Home Premium x The problem is as follows The product drivers install Audio Devices USB in Device Manager Devices under showing Other correctly without error However instead of showing up in the Device Manager in either USB Controllers or Sound Controllers they both show in Other Devices with a yellow exclamation mark I have tried the following fix from this site USB Driver - General Fix for Problems and this actually enabled me to access a portable HDD that wasn't working but it didn't fix the issue for my audio devices I have also Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager tried right clicking on the devices in Other Devices selecting Driver Update I then find the correct drivers listed but when I hit install I get the following error message on both quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager attempting to install it One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time quot Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager

Could it be the two devices are competing with each other and the driver installer gets confused? Details on the devices and the needs to use two of the same type probably would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344049-audio-usb-devices-showing-under-other-devices-device-manager.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have the same problem as this guy, http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/829196-no-audio-devices-installed-problem.html
He said he fixed the problem by installing some sort of chipsets, my question is how do i get that? I have an asus intel motherboard.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 no-audio-devices-installed-problem, How do i get a chipset driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-no-audio-devices-installed-problem-how-do-i-get-a-chipset-driver.860290/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone Google directed me here after running into this sound problem with my new computer I recently built myself a computer it was my first time everything seemed to be going pretty swimmingly too considering Then i got service pack The first restart after installing my audio was scratchy and going in and out Then after the next restart it was dead The drivers were still there and according to windows working fine but as far as my computer is concerned there recognizing Solved: devices audio install Post not Windows SP2 s no sound devices At first I thought maybe it was my sound card driver but then i tried using my mobo s on board audio and that didn t get recognized either Yes i made sure it was enabled in the bios I m really at quite a loss here I ve updated all the drivers for on board and my sound card with the newest i could find and it just doesn t recognize it Plugging my speakers into my onboard and using it s config program to do a sound demo puts sound into my speakers so that part works I need to get these devices communicating somehow and I haven t the faintest idea how Anything short of reinstalling windows would be obviously preferred If it helps here s my system Solved: Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install specs Mobo Foxconn C XEM AA- EKRS H Socket AM NVIDIA nForce SLI CPU AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM Gfx Cards Dual XFX GeForce GS MB s in SLI Ram Corsair XMS x MB -Pin SDRAM DDR PC HD Seagate Barracuda RPM gig SATA Sound card CHAINTECH AV- Case Antec Solved: Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install Nine Hundred Thanks guys any help is really appreciated Short of reformatting at the moment I ve tried everything I can think of I ll be checking back on this post often so if there s any more info you need just ask nbsp

A:Solved: Windows not recognizing audio devices Post SP2 install

If the on-board work OK, then the wrong default sound devices are selected under Control Panel - Sounds and Audio. You can only have one device selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-not-recognizing-audio-devices-post-sp2-install.535382/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Dell Demension 8400 desktop. I just recently installed windows 7 on it and cannot get my audio to work. When windows does its online driver search it automatically downloads a driver and installs it. Well needless to say that my sound still dosnt work. Anyone have any ideas?? I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for about 5 days, Im about to uninstall Windows 7 and go back to xp home. Dell offers drivers but for only xp. I need a driver that supports this sound card (Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio). PLEASE HELP ME!!

A:Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio Driver for Windows 7

Usually it's RealTek drivers that run with the Analog Devices cards. A look at the drivers that Dell offers for XP should confirm/refute this.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/analog-devices-adi-198x-integrated-audio-driver-for-windows-7-a-440959.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi guys
I have a problem every time I start my Lenovo G500 I always face sound problem
I searched for solution to this problem but no hope for giving the sound back
the only solution is to get the pc to sleep then turn it on from sleep
but doing this each time I turn the pc on is getting annoying
I have tried all the solutions like uninstalling and installing again but no positive result
Sound is always turned off or disabled when I start the computer
when I click the sound bar on windows 7 the green bar of the sound doesn't appear
Can you guys help me
I really want fix this ...
The sound driver is Dolby Advanced Audio v2

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/390724-when-starting-windows-7-dobly-advanced-audio-disabled.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there I posted a thread in 'Virus Trojan Spyware Help' back in April about problems I was having with my laptop http www techsupportforum com secu d-etc-etc html To summarise the main problems I'm having are - Windows Firewall is disabled and when I double click on 'Windows Firewall' in the Control Panel a message comes up saying quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot Then I can enable Firewall but on rebooting it reverts back to being automatically disabled - The taskbar is often grey and old-style rather than blue - When I try and play music in Media Player it says 'Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device There might not be a sound device installed on your computer it might be in use by another program or it might not be functioning properly' I reinstalled the driver from Acer's website and now I here the usual beeps clicks and the Windows start up sound but still can't play audio Similar problems with Itunes and audio from Youtube - I can't write CDs - When I double click on System in Control Panel instead of the System page coming up a box comes up saying 'Data Execution Prevention - To help protect your computer Windows has closed this program Name Run a DLL as an App Publisher Microsoft Corporation ' - My wireless connection doesn't work All of these problems arose at the same time vet was very helpful in eliminating the possibility that the problems were malware-related and thought that it may date back to me running Chkdsk and not converting lost chains to files Under his recommendation I converted my file system to NTFS I was very busy with work for a little disabled/Can't disabled/Audio Firewall open taskbar/etc 'System'/Grey while but am now able Firewall disabled/Audio disabled/Can't open 'System'/Grey taskbar/etc to look at this again Firewall disabled/Audio disabled/Can't open 'System'/Grey taskbar/etc Please let me know what I can do to get my computer back on track and what information you might need to help me with this Many thanks for your time Jacob

A:Firewall disabled/Audio disabled/Can't open 'System'/Grey taskbar/etc

Bump.
Anyone know how to solve this? Or could you recommend a forum where someone might know?
Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/firewall-disabled-audio-disabled-cant-open-system-grey-taskbar-etc-491618.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi i have a hp pavillioin dv 6000 with a model number of dv 6605us and am with a vista home basic operating system and am having problems with the audio when i play music it plays but no sound is outputed but now i have an error message saying no audio output devices have been installed i have tried all possible solutions like re installing the audio drivers but none is working and i now cant even see sounds listed in the device manager please help me solve this am really frustrated thanks.

A:No audio output devices installed windows vista home basic

In device manager You've clicked VIEW/put a dot on Device By Type and you do not see Sound, Video and Game Controllers? And if you do see that and click its dropdown menu, there is no entry for Realtek High Definition Audio Controller? Where and how did you install the drivers then. Was realtek uninstalled by accident. Do you see anything in Control Panel as in Realtek HD Audio Manager??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-devices-installed-windows-vista-home-basic-365270.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi...
I have a Optiplex GX620 with Bios version A11 and integrated 198X Audio.  I have installed Windows 7 on the system and it works fine with exception of Audio.  In recording device panel of Sound, it does not show AUX or Stereo Mix adapters as active.  Is DELL planning on issueing an driver update after Oct. 22, 2009?  Is there any place else that I can look for these updates drivers?
Thanks.

A:Optiplex GX620 with Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio and Windows 7

Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio  Release Date:     1/24/2007        Version:     A255.12.01.7010        Importance:     Recommended        Download Type:     Driver        File Format:     Hard-Drive        File Size:     3MB      R145551.EXE         32 BIT
R145149.EXE          64 BIT
Compatibility

Systems
OptiPlex GX280
OptiPlex GX520
OptiPlex GX620
OptiPlex SX280
Precision 370
Precision 470
Precision 670

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19298775
Relevancy 73.1%

I have been trouble shooting my sound for quite some time with no results. I've deleted and reinstalled drivers, checked bios, etc. no luck.here are my speccy details:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hABYADp66DTHtJPioAZ4aF0and here's an example of the messages i'm recieving.

A:No Audio Output Device Installed/ Audio Device Disabled

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413317/no-audio-output-device-installed-audio-device-disabled/
Relevancy 73.1%

Please help - When I double disabled/etc/etc disabled/Audio address'/Firewall IP 'Invalid click on System in Control Panel instead of the System page coming up a box comes up saying 'Data Execution Prevention - To help 'Invalid IP address'/Firewall disabled/Audio disabled/etc/etc protect your computer Windows has closed this program Name Run a DLL as an App Publisher Microsoft Corporation ' - Firewall is disabled and I can't re-enable it - My network connection wasn't working for a while when I pried further it was saying my IP address was invalid and that it was I restarted a couple of times and now the internet is working but says 'Limited or no connectivity' - The taskbar is grey and old-style rather than blue but only sometimes - it changes - When I try and play music in Media Player it says 'Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device There might not be a sound device installed on your computer it might be in use by another program or it might not be functioning properly' I reinstalled the driver from Acer's website and now I here the usual beeps clicks and the Windows start up sound but still can't play music These problems all arose at the same time when I started up on Friday Computer was working ok previously Have done a couple of virus checks and they found a few threats including ave exe which gave me some problems a few days ago - I removed these but the problem persists Scans with AVG and Malwarebytes find nothing I don't have access to a Windows install or Boot CD The DDS log is below I have attached Attach txt and Ark txt from the GMER rootkit scan as a zip called attach zip as per the instructions here http www techsupportforum com f lp- html Please let me know if you have any idea what could be causing this Many thanks for your time Jacob DDS log DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Jacob Davies at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe SVCHOST EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology admServ exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C DOCUME JACOBD LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jacob Davies Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s TB Acer eDataSecurity Manage... Read more

A:'Invalid IP address'/Firewall disabled/Audio disabled/etc/etc

Greetings jdavies11 and Welcome to the Forums,

Let's first try to uninstall some problems. All of these are out dated AND exploited:
Adobe Reader 7.0 You can download the latest version Here
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 8
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Update 5
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
...please click start-->Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down the list to locate the program names and click Remove for each. Reboot at any time you are prompted, otherwise reboot when finished uninstalling all of them.

With the latest version of Java, a new zero day exploit has already been discovered and is actively being used by hackers. I would not recommend at this time reinstalling even the newest version of jave.

If you must use IE for surfing at all, please use it at this time in the No addons mode (at least till Sun Micro issues their next update scheduled for July. To do that, click start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). In Firefox, follow These Instructions to disable java. You can also install the "NoScript" Add-on" for Firefox and selectively allow/disallow scripting no matter what web page you visit.

Please download combofix from This Webpage...and read through the instructions there for running the tool.

***Important Note***
Please read through the guidance on that web page carefully and thoroughly...and install the Recovery Console. Using this tool without the Recovery Console installed is NOT RECOMMENDED.

If you have Windows Vista, you can skip the recovery console step...in Vista it's in the System Recovery Options menu. The System Recovery Options menu is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If Windows doesn't start correctly, you can use these tools to repair startup problems.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot into a special recovery (repair) mode that is not otherwise available. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It's a simple procedure that will only take a few moments.

Once installed, a blue screen prompt should appear that reads as follows:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

When you see that screen, please continue as follows:
Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a log file for you. Please post that log back here on your next reply. Thanks!

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running....that may cause the scan to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/invalid-ip-address-firewall-disabled-audio-disabled-etc-etc-477426.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok i have Audio devices just recently completed building my new games pc and it works perfectly fine execpt for one thing after downloading the st and rd service packs i did not download SP i installed the realtek audio driver this went perfectly well until i came to a stop when i restarted my computer there was no Audio devices sound coming from my speekers this is obviously a problem so i called my friend who is a tech guy at Audio devices pcworld unfortunatly he was ill and couldnt come over to help so now i need to ask the help of you guys And here is the issue when i start my computer a hardware instal wizzard appears to tell me it has found a new hardware when i go to the next button i get a name which says this will help you install the audio devices for you High definition audio drive This is all well and good but when i go to install it i do not have a disc for my speekers yet they work on every other computer in the house please explain to me what i need to do

A:Audio devices

speakers don't require drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-devices-342151.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have reformatted my old Sony VGN-FE38GP laptop with XP SP2 and everything is fine except for the fact that I can't get any sound.
In control panel it cannot even recognise any audio devices.
I have tried to load the relevant driver from sony support, but it won't load it and an error pops up to say the device supporting doesn't exist.
I have run bios and can't specifically see a menu for audio in there. I reset the bios and that did give me bios sounds (such as error).
But otherwise I have had no luck.
Tried lots of things...
Help please!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248462/no-audio-devices/
Relevancy 68.8%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my computer's sound isn't working. I don't have a sound card, but the motherboard came with built-in audio. When I open up the Device Manager, my device is there (Realtek AC'97 Audio), but when I check the Sound and Audio Devices section in the Control Panel, it says "No Audio Devices." I'm sure that the speakers are plugged in, and I've tried reinstallling the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard. Right now I'm checking to see if there are any updated drivers I can install. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-devices.327604/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 and today it doesn't detect any audio.
The speaker icon appears with a red cross.

And in sound devices and record devices it shows that there isn't any device.

Also in control panel > Devices it shows that it can't load the "Intel high Definition Audio" driver.
I've already updated the drivers from the dell update drivers page www.dell.com/.../drivers

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19993911
Relevancy 68.8%

I don't have any idea what i've done but i can't hear any sound from my computer.
All I know the first morning after I run my computer, I can play any audio..., I've looked for clues from others forum..., but none can resolve this problem.
I've checked windows audio (status: started), I've updated realtek, I've uninstall and install back realtek but none of this help me.
My Sound device is: Realtek high Definition Audio
Windows Xp SP2, Acer travelmate 3240.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-devices.586974/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,I recently got a new computer and decided to run the XP disk - which has resulted in me losing all the drivers for my machine.The most important of which being the audio drivers.I have searched and searched for the drivers but have been unsuccessful.I am unsure of my machine; I am only certain that it is an RMI think it may be an expert 3000 (that's what a sticker on the side says!)Please help!!!!Thanks

A:No Audio Devices?!

Hi, can you go to this link and post the hardware results http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110382/no-audio-devices/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have sound max control panel and i have two audio devices. I have one logitech headset which is USB and i have another USB device which is Logitech speakers and a subwoofer which is in the green audio port. I want to make it so that i can switch between the two. For instance if i want to use only my speakers i use those or only my headset or if i want to use both.

A:2 audio devices

What type of PC is it - or is it a Laptop?

Generally, if you plug in your headphones, the speakers will mute automatically.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-audio-devices.88647/
Relevancy 68.8%

Wasn t really sure where to post this thread but hardware seems the most fitting I m using an autohotkey script using the SoundPlay command to play some WAV files Autohotkey uses the default audio device when playing aforementioned WAV files but I need to play the sound through a specific device virtual audio cable I set the virtual audio cable as my default device and muted every other process except autohotkey in the mixer In the game I m playing I want to play the WAV files through VOIP via hotkeys so I don t have to click off to my other monitor to open the file I set the capturing device to my virtual audio cable new default audio device and the rendering device to my normal device So even though I have the devices Audio in game output device set to my original one in the options I don t get any audio Any way to fix this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-devices.933387/
Relevancy 68.8%

i was configuring my audio devices and on the speakers i accidentally pressed remove :L what to do?

A:Audio devices

Try restarting the computer...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-devices.155627/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey everybody I need help with my computer. The sound has always worked until a few days ago. I tryed to go to hardware and It said that there is no auido device installed. Me nor my brother deleted anything and he believes that a virus removed the devices. How do I get new devices for my computer, and how do I know which device will go with my computer. Can I download them or do I have to buy them. Or is there some way to bring the ones that were on my computer back. Please help.

A:No Audio Devices

Hi there, Does your PC have Integrated Sound, or do you have a robust Sound Card. If you are not sure, the integrated card is what comes standard from most large PC vendors, just your basic stuff. The robust Sound Card, refers to either a third party component such as Sound Blaster......or one you might have chosen for better sound when you purchased the PC. If you have a Driver CD that came with your PC, you may be able to reinstall it, that is if it is gone, or if you have an aftermarket sound card, it no doubt would also have it's own Drivers disk. You might try to do a "System Restore", that is if you can remember the last time your PC was working properly. But, before that, you want to make sure that your free of any nasties that might be lurking on your machine. Things you should have, and if not, get them-Here are some free, recommended Apps.: An Anti-Virus Program: AVG Anti-Virus A Firewall: ZoneAlarm Spyware/Adware/Malware/etc....: Adaware SE Spybot S & D SpywareBlaster SpywareGaurd Recommended readings: Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computer Using Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your Computer Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware, Hijackers, and Malware Using SpywareGuard to protect your computer from Spyware/Hijackers There are more out there that will advance your protection, but those above, would be a really great start. I recommend installing what you don't already have. e.g. a firewall,anti-virus...and so on. Hope this helps, nos

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45150/no-audio-devices/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi, i just installed windows xp again, and my computer doesn't recognize my audio devices. how can i solve this problem?

A:audio devices

Have you loaded the drivers for the sound card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-devices.542839/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi ,
I have some Windows Media Audio/Video files that were recorded from my web cam. I would like to be able to edit (remove)
some audio portions of these audio/video files without cutting out a section of the video. I have Windows movie maker but just alows me to cut the audio/video together. I also have Goldwave. This works great for audio files but does not support video.
Do you know of any programs that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,
Sid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-audio-in-windows-media-audio-video-file.1029670/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all I need some help I am trying troubleshoot my Audio Codecs in Windows Media Player on a Windows how Windows codecs to repair - Audio AVS Editor Media audio and bit system as a part of troubleshooting a problem with another piece of software I'm using -- AVS You Audio Editor -- I believe something with the codecs or related issue is causing Windows Media and AVS Audio Editor - how to repair audio codecs that AVS issue to hang and their support seems to think so also Whenever I open Windows Media Player and go to Help -- gt About Windows Media Player -- gt and try to click on the Technical Support Information to view my codecs WMP always freezes up and will never load the next screen so I can't ever troubleshoot or otherwise view my codecs I've tried about times now and it always hangs on that step I've tried all of these and none of them have worked - Uninstalled and Reinstalled Windows Media Player from the Control Panel Windows Components Clean reboots with and without power cycling Clean all spyware and viruses - using Spybot and Avast Cleaned and repaired Windows Registry with CCleaner and AVS Registry cleaner Repaired Windows Media Player with Microsoft FIX-IT tools for WMP and Codec Repair Physically found all acm codec files in Windows System deleted them and forced WMP to find and re-scan Hacked out all the references to codec and Windows Media that I could find Ran sfc scannow from the CMD prompt - it either finishes with no errors or errors out at and doesn't finish I'm a total loss on how else to repair and clean my WMP codecs because after all of those WMP still hangs just as soon as I try to click the Technical Support Information link If anyone has any other tips to repair WMP and their codecs I would really cherish some help -R

A:Windows Media and AVS Audio Editor - how to repair audio codecs

If you have a "codec" problem of any sort...the simple solution is to install an appropriate codecs package.  The original codec package installed with WMP is not adequate for all types of video files.

Using any "registry cleaner" is definitely a wrong step.

Your errors with sfc /scannow...are a source of concern, IMO.

I'm trying to understand...why you think that removing all evidence of codecs...is a step forward to resolving anything.  Do you know what codecs are and why they are needed?

FWIW:  http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/multimedia/f/codec.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581945/windows-media-and-avs-audio-editor-how-to-repair-audio-codecs/
Relevancy 68.37%

I re-installed WinXP on my Fujitsu Siemens Tablet PC, which is supposed to be a touch screen PC but I'll get to that later...

Everything is running smoothly but the only problem I have is with the sound, I don't have the audio icon anywhere and when I go through the settings I find nothing, ''no playback devices, no recording device'' I installed Realtech drive but nothing changed, it didn't read it. What can I do?

***Side question, is there a drive which lets you use the touch screen on WinXP?
Thanks

A:No Sounds & Audio Devices

Hi,

MiniToolBox
Please download MiniToolBox and save the file to your Desktop.
Close any open windows.
Right-Click MiniToolBox.exe and select  Run as administrator to run the programme.
Check the following items:
List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
List Installed Programs
List Devices -> All
List Minidump Files

Click .
A log (Result.txt) will be created on your Desktop. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579433/no-sounds-audio-devices/
Relevancy 68.37%

Strangely, when I awoke this morning and booted my computer my sound wasn't working. I recently formatted my computer to install windows 8. I have the latest audio drivers per "Driver Robot" and the Sound in my control panel. I have checked all the system sound, but it simply says that no audio devices are detected. My speakers are plugged in normally and have power. They are also plugged in normally to the audio out line. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

My audio device has stopped working. When I go into the control panel it tells me there are no adio devices are installed. However when I go to device manager the drivers are there and they say the device is working correctly. I then tried msinfo32 and got the following information:

NameRealtek High Definition Audio
ManufacturerRealtek
StatusOK
PNP Device IDHDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_101990B5&REV_1001\4&14A93FF&0&0001
Driverc:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhda.sys (6.0.1.5755, 2.15 MB (2,250,272 bytes), 11/06/2009 00:41)

NameIntel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI
ManufacturerIntel(R) Corporation
StatusOK
PNP Device IDHDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2802&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&14A93FF&0&0101
Driverc:\windows\system32\drivers\intchdmi.sys (6.10.1.2067, 109.50 KB (112,128 bytes), 11/06/2009 00:31)
Can some one please help me get my sound back up and running?
Thanks

A:No audio devices are installed

Try disabling your audio device in device manager, reboot your computer and let the drivers reinstall.

If this does not work, try and download a new driver from your pc manufacturers website.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-are-installed.179963/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys I just bought a new Case for my computer a Cooler Master HAF It came with plug-ins for the Motherboard An AC ' and an HD Audio I tried them both neither of them worked So I went and downloaded an AC ' driver but it won't install because Windows keeps asking me to refreshing keep Devices Audio allow an unsigned signature but Audio Devices keep refreshing it never goes through I even turned off driver signature But I found another driver that did work I don't know the name of it but it is signed by Realtek Semiconductor Corp Driver date version Now the sound works and the microphone works with it but for some reason it keeps quot Refreshing audio devices quot which makes my sound and microphone cut on and off it does it really fast but it is very annoying and it makes a popping noise everything it cuts on and off I was wondering if anyone knew what this was and if there was a way to stop it

A:Audio Devices keep refreshing

Ok, scratch that. I uninstalled the Realtek HD Audio and for some reason it still just sits there and refreshes over and over. I don't really know what to do, this has never happened to me before.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-devices-keep-refreshing-602477.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Yesterday I tried updating my sound card drivers because I've been having some troubles with a game My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS So I went to the control Detected Not Audio Devices panel and add remove programs and uninstalled the sound card Then I restarted and installed the new drivers but I got no sound So after going through the recommended procedure for completely uninstalling the drivers found on the Audio Devices Not Detected creative site and then reinstalling I still get no sound So now I've uninstalled the card i believe i have and removed it enabled onboard audio from my BIOS and installed those audio drivers yet I still have no sound The funny thing is that in the device manager it shows the AC' Audio as being installed an enabled but if I go to Audio Devices Not Detected quot sounds and audio devices quot in the control panel it says that I have no playback devices Also I'm using XP home edition Anybody know how to fix this And if you need more info just ask

A:Audio Devices Not Detected

the sound drivers are only part of the setup in audigy,disable the onboard and run the setup disk for audigy again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-devices-not-detected-75075.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey there guys,

I have a USB-Headset and some Speakers connected to my Soundcard.
By now I have to switch the default Playback-Device whenever I wanna put on my headset or use the speakers.
Is it possible just to output the Sound on both devices simultaniously and if it is, how can I do it?
To be clear, I dont want to output the Sound from one App on one device and the Sound of another on the other device, I want ALL Sounds that use the default Playback-Device to be played on both, Speaker and Headset.
Greetings
Neokil

A:How do I play my audio on two different devices at once?

Plug a "Y" adapter into the speaker port and manually turn down the volume on the external speaker when you have to

or Y the headset port - which ever is easier

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/59734-how-do-i-play-my-audio-two-different-devices-once.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So I always switch between my headset and my speakers for sound feedback on my computer so what I do is I right click on the sound symbol at the bottom right and click on quot playback devices quot now this should normally have a window that pops up with my audio devices that I can switch in between and set which one Manage pop-up? Audio won't Devices is my default sound device Now what is happening is nothing at all for a split second it shows a loading mouse cursor as if it should actually be doing a process of opening up my audio devices but nothing appears Now I tried searching my computer via the windows option and clicking on quot manage audio devices quot but when I click on it once again nothing appears This issue is quite aggravating as I have no idea what is going on and when I check my task manager I don't see any window that is currently running

A:Manage Audio Devices won't pop-up?

If you have a System Restore point you can try restoring back to a date when it worked correctly.

What sound device and driver do you have? You haven't filled in the "My System Specs" so we do not know what we are dealing with.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58746-manage-audio-devices-wont-pop-up.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just built a new computer
Gigabyte 78LMT-usb3 motherboard
EVGA Geforce 730
Crucial Balistix 8Gb (2x4)
Fractal Design Core 1000 usb3 case (if that matters)

I did a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit install from a disc. When I booted up and downloaded all of the drivers, my playback menu doesn't find any devices except my HDMI ports (neither of which i am using because I am using VGA and DVI)
I have downloaded the Realtek HD drivers, didn't help. I downloaded the chipset drivers again and redownloaded the audio and didn't work. I have been searching all over and can't find anyone with quite my problem.

A:Audio devices not detected

Is your Play Back Device listed here? If it is right tick on it and select as default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/389032-audio-devices-not-detected.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I accidently removed my SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVICES on my control panel - therefore - no sound. How do I get that back?

A:Sounds & Audio Devices

I accidently removed my Sounds & Audio Devices on my Control Panel. How do I get this back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-audio-devices.496213/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello guys this is a problem I ve been dealing with devices audio No installed for quite some time though I never really tried to No audio devices installed solve it until a while ago The main problem is this I wanted to post a pic of the icon but I couldnt due to lack of posts its the speaker icon with the white cross on the red background icon showing up when I right click it and go to volume mixer it tells me there are no audio devices installed I ve tried multiple things to solve the problem I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them didnt work I removed my onboard sound card with device manager and plugged in an usb sound card to see if that would solve the problem didnt work I went to device manager removed the onboard sound card then had device manager look for uninstalled hardware it reinstalled the onboard sound card but didnt change the no audio devices installed thing Is there something left I can try to do I d appreciate any bit of help I can get PS Im using a Windows Vista if there are any specs you need to know about just ask Btw when I look in device manager or control panel -- gt Sound there is never a problem stated I dont use speakers and usually have headphones plugged in Also when I start a game like Skyrim it quits and tells me Skyrim needs a sound card in order to run even though there s definately one onboard not working though nbsp

A:No audio devices installed

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.173350/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Dell XPS 1640 laptop connected to a Mitsubishi big screen HDMI to HDMI. I would like to run two audio devices from the laptop, the TV's internal speakers and an external speaker system (SoundMatters SlimStage) but I can only get one to run at a time.

The SoundMatters speaker is connected to one of the two headphone jacks and works fine. If I try to "connect" the TV speakers using the HDMI audio, it turns off the Soundmatters speaker. I thought HDMI had its own audio?

So I tried using the other headphone port to connect to one of the TV's audio-in ports (PC-DVI RCA jacks) but I get no sound from the TV. I've tried other audio-in ports with the same result. The video looks good, the volume is up and the mute is off but still no sound. Is there something I'm missing?

A:two external audio devices?

Can you use a common splitter of some kind to route the signal from a headphone jack to both sets of speakers?

You may need an adapter of some kind along the way? I know little about HDMI, but using splitters generally works well in audio situations as long as both speakers can accept the same type of connector. Might not work well if one output is supposedly very high quality audio and the other only average---they might both end up sounding average.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/151012-two-external-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everybody My hair have turned white trying to get a sound from my reserviced computer I installed XP professional the motherboard is D GVWB I downloaded realtek audio driver installed at C Documents and Settings Dera Desktop not found audio devices AUD allOS XP Vista PV Realtek Their is no icon in the computer tray Nor any audio or mixer device indicated Some data about system is pasted down -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick audio devices not found Report Computer audio devices not found DERA Generator Dera Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Windows Video ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Video Adapter Properties Device Description Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Adapter String Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset BIOS String Intel Video audio devices not found BIOS Chip Type Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset DAC Type Internal Installed Drivers ialmrnt Memory Size MB Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name Intel Corporation Product Information http www intel com products browse chipsets htm Driver Download http support intel com support graphics -------- PCI AGP Video --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Intel GMA Video Adapter Intel GMA D Accelerator -------- GPU --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Integrated Intel GL G GL GV Graphics Controller Graphics Processor Properties Video Adapter Intel GL G GL GV Graphics Controller GPU Code Name Grantsdale-G PCI Device Bus Type Integrated GPU Clock MHz RAMDAC Clock MHz Pixel Pipelines TMU Per Pipeline Vertex Shaders v Pixel Shaders v DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v Pixel Fillrate MPixel s Texel Fillrate MTexel s Graphics Processor Manufacturer Company Name Intel Corporation Product Information http www intel com products browse chipsets htm Driver Download http support intel com support graphics My bios is ok and I have tried a no of things in mentioned by various persons on the net What should I do to get the sound The video plays alright nbsp

A:audio devices not found

Hi korish57,

This issue is normally due to mainboard drivers not being loaded/installed, hence the hardware is not detected.

Please see the page at http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm as intels update utility may solve the issue for you, if it does not I have put an older copy of Driver Magician at http://www.divshare.com/download/12694276-0aa (mods please note this is NOT a cracked version but contains a free registration code authorised by the program creator for this version) which may help you. Be sure to update the database when prompted.

Please let us know if either of the above resolves your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-devices-not-found.953036/
Relevancy 68.37%

So i have a headset i use for gaming and it has a headphone and a mic jack, at the moment i have it set up so i can hear my xbox 360 and my computer sound at the same time with my xbox sound coming from the line in jack. When i try to use my mic however it uses my xbox sound instead i can get my mic to work if i unplug the line in jack coming from my xbox but then i cant hear my xbox. So i was wondering if there is anyway i could use both at the same time.
Any help would be apprieciated.

A:How to get both audio devices working together?

What card does your PC have? Try going into the drivers or in windows control panel, and set recording default to mic and not line in. Also, unmute your line-in and mic and test at the same time. See what happens. And again, what card does the PC have??

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/214315-how-get-both-audio-devices-working-together.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 68.37%

Computer Suicide Fixing what is NOT broken After uninstalling some no longer devices no code39, audio needed programs and using c cleaner and Revo Uninstaller I lost all sound I go to the control panel SOUND amp AUDIO and it states quot No audio device quot Sound and Audio tabs are greyed out Under HARDWARE Location MPU- Compatible MIDI Device PCI bus Standard Game Port PCI bus ATI T code39, no audio devices Unified AV Stream Driver All-in-Wonder X Series Audio Codecs Unknown Legacy Audio Drivers Unknown Media Comtrol Devices Unknown Legacy Video Capture Devices Unknown Video Codecs Unknown Microsoft Kernel Audio Device nVidia nForce Audio Codec Interface All share this message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code other items listed as working properly are my NEC DVD and zon bwp jghqzs scsi cdrom device What is this thing Under Device Manager these same items have yellow quot quot and when I turn on my HP PSC has one under Imaging Devices Using an earlier Restore Point does not make this go away Why not I am using Windows XP Home version SP with an AMD ATHLON and ASUS A N-SLI DELUXE with Nvidia Nforce Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey all a relative of mine the other day was watching a movie on his Windows XP machine and all of a sudden the sound went and I have been struggling to get it back He is a real novice when it comes to computers so doesnt understand what had happened I have tried to nail the problem by testing the speakers which work fine as well as looking for any yellow exclamation marks in device manager under the sounds audio amp game controllers but nothing seems to be wrong there I have gone to Devices Mixer Audio accesories and clicked on the system tools and audio devices and it is saying there is no audio device and I cant move the sound bar as the machine hasnt recognised the audio device and is asking for audio mixer devices I dont understand how the device could not be recognised I went back into device manager and checked that the drivers installed were there and updated which they Audio Mixer Devices were The audio being used is a Unimodem half-duplex audio device and the motherboard is an MS- if that helps at all I have also tried a system restore but there wasnt any restore points avaliable How can I get the sound to work again Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-mixer-devices.686489/
Relevancy 68.37%

The pastor at a church I work at wants me to record his sermons each Sunday (not video it, just the audio). After recording the sermon I will need to place the audio file in their web page so people can click on a button and the sermon will begin playing. I have limited funds to spend on such a device, about $150.00.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,
i'm fairly new to this forum but i have a problem i need help with,
so i swapped my graphics card and i noticed my sound was missing i took a closer look and there was no driver installed.I don't know how this happened because i didn't touch it, but anyway i have no sound icon on the right side of the taskbar and i tried installing my sound drivers again and everything install's just fine and it prompt's me to restart my PC and when i do everything is just the same no sound if anyone can help it would make me really happy.

A:No audio devices installed

So i managed to fix my issue, the problem was when i installed the AMD driver for my GPU it installed something like a audio driver that blocked my onboard sound card. The fix was to go into the BIOS and enable my onboard graphics.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67911-no-audio-devices-installed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and new to forums in general. I have a problem with my laptop all of a sudden. I went to you tube the other day and had no audio sound coming from my computer. Using my limited computer knowledge, I went to Control Panel then Sound and I have 3 tabs, Playback, Recording and Sounds. Playback and Recording both say "No audio devices are installed." My little speaker down in the lower right corner of the task bar has a little red circle with a white "x" in it. When I hold my mouse over the little speaker in the task bar, it says " No audio output device is installed". When I right click on the little speaker, a box pops up and the option to "Open the volume mixer" is ghosted out.

Why did this happen and what are my options?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

A:No Audio devices are installed

Welcome Mark
Go to search by the start button
Type device manager
In device manager, you may see a small yellow triangle, near the audio driver, if so download the most current driver as iyours is corrupt.
If not small triangle, update to the newest driver as this may be the cause of the problem
Follow the instructions in this tutorial. At the end search for driver, do not go to browse this computer
Device Manager - Install Driver

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/290945-no-audio-devices-installed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hi together..

i have three audio devices on my system.
a Creative SB X-Fi, a Logitech Z-10 USB Speaker and a Trekstor SoundBox USB Speaker (wireless).

I would like to use the Logitech Z-10 USB Speaker or the Creative SB X-Fi and the Trekstor SoundBox USB Speaker (wireless) at the same time as standard audio device, so that I don't have to switch and chose between them.

Is this possible?
Thanks in advance for your help and reply

A:two audio devices at the same time

No, as far as i'm aware only one can be used at any one time, i use two but have to switch between them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/11035-two-audio-devices-same-time.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys im new to this forum .I have a problem i dont have any sound.When i click on the volume icon at the bottom of my screen and go to playback it says ''No audio devices are installed''When i open the sound options there are no speakers.
When i go to services.msc and try to start audio and audio enpoint it says there is an error.I downloaded nvidia hdmi audio driver but when i open it ,it says no audio services are not downloaded something like that.Ive tried nearly everything.
Also when i go to device manager and sound there is nothing about sound it just says nvidia hdmi output.

Also i have windows 7 dual boot with windows vista and i logged in with windows vista and it is fine.

PLEASE HELP I CANT STAND HAVING NO SOUND

A:No audio devices are installed

Quote: Originally Posted by Warlock1

Hey guys im new to this forum .I have a problem i dont have any sound.When i click on the volume icon at the bottom of my screen and go to playback it says ''No audio devices are installed''When i open the sound options there are no speakers.
When i go to services.msc and try to start audio and audio enpoint it says there is an error.I downloaded nvidia hdmi audio driver but when i open it ,it says no audio services are not downloaded something like that.Ive tried nearly everything.
Also when i go to device manager and sound there is nothing about sound it just says nvidia hdmi output.

Also i have windows 7 dual boot with windows vista and i logged in with windows vista and it is fine.

PLEASE HELP I CANT STAND HAVING NO SOUND

Warlock Hi and welcome to sevenforums

Pretty clear you need to install the audio driver. Can you give us info about your computer mobo, audio chipset, 32bit or 64, etc

Rhanks in advance
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39547-no-audio-devices-installed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have never worked out the extent to which this item controls the sound and MIDI routes on my pc.

I have Samplitude as the main sequencer but also Notation2, Evolution software that came with a keyboard, Sibelius( demo) and various other music apps.
Each has its own Devices routing/order selection and I have never known if this overrides the S and A box or not.
In addition I have a 2496 card and a usb interface co-existing happily in XP pro.
Can anyone give me the full S.P?

Dave.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sounds-and-audio-devices-box-in-con-p-145907.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When watching a video, sometimes my audio works, sometimes it's only the background music and sometimes it's nothing at all.

I often have to toggle between all the choices seen below in order to find the right one...can someone explain the difference between these? Are some of them software/firmware for my Audigy card?

A:Different Audio Devices - What Is The Difference?

If you are using the soundblaster, disable the Via High Definition audio (on the motherboard) in the BIOS. It will conflict and can cause no audio. Windows only allows one default audio playback device, you can't use both anyways.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/343613-different-audio-devices-what-difference.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i recently change my windows from XP to windows 7. my VGA also change to a new one. when i test the sound, i cant hear at all !! i go to the contol panel, and check the sound, its say "No Audio Device Installed". i check again through the device manager, in sound,video it seem High Definition Audio Device (not my audio device) and NVIDIA high definition sound. under the other driver, there a ! icon or Unknown Device.
im using Simbadda CST 5000 audio device
Sorry guys for my bad english
Thx
Sound Card: High Definition Audio Defice

A:No Audio Devices Installed, Help !~!

Hi, welcome to the forums

You may want to Uninstall the unknown device. Just right-click in Device Manager then select Uninstall. Reboot your machine then allow Windows to try to connect to Windows Update to search for new drivers.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/153858-no-audio-devices-installed-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I bought a new computer and it will not make a sound.

I can play my mp3 files, but configuring my system for signals (like exit WIN or mail arriving) brings no results.

Where can I look and what possibilities can I try?

A:Sounds and Audio devices

With XP, go into control panel-sounds and audio devices

on the sounds tab, make sure that you have a sound scheme selected, then test some of the WAV files.

If you're still not getting WAV sounds, then you need to open up the volume controls and make sure that WAV Audio is not muted.

Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-and-audio-devices.109053/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey all Every time I restart my PC I get a different list of available audio devices Or they at least appear different to me and I must admit I'm not a whiz on any of this I'm trying to use a microphone headset for use in Ventrilo I had previously plugged in through a USB adapter but that causes a ringing sound to be heard when I speak I don't attribute this to Windows or anything like that I unplugged the USB device and plugged the two jacks into the available green and pink ports on my motherboard After some tweaking of which input output device to use I was able to get sound going out clearly with no problems The next day when I started my PC different audio devices were Devices Audio Changing available for selection Instead of Microphone - High Definition Audio Device it'd be listed as Microphone - High Defintion Audio Device and Changing Audio Devices things Changing Audio Devices like that I can hear sound without issue but now I can't be heard at Changing Audio Devices all when speaking I tried numerous things to no avail last night This morning when I turned on the PC the device listed was Microphone - High Definition Audio Device There's always two listed One for the front panel and one for the rear Although the night I got it to work there was two listed for the rear panel Why do these change every day and what might be the reason I'm unable to send out sound Is it simply the port on the motherboard Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Changing Audio Devices

Welcome!

I can't say for sure which device is which, so you will need to play around until you get what you want.

To prevent them from changing every time you reboot, right-click on the device you are using, and select Set Default.

Good luck!
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/67600-changing-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

Im using an Acer Aspire 4740
and my computer no longer detects my audio devices,
Checking device manager the warning states the driver is corrupted or faulty, but the sound manager states no device is installed.

This problem happened after another regular boot up, and previously was working.

can anyone please help me with this problem.

Please and thank you.

A:NO audio devices detected.

The sound manager thinks there's no sound device installed because of the driver problem.
You need to re-install the sound driver, then it should be okay.

Download the sound driver from the Acer support website. For the UK, go here:
Download

If the UK is the wrong region for you, go here and choose your country:
Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region

It's important to use the correct website for your country as the available model numbers vary in different parts of the world.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-devices-detected-601189.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i have no volume at all. i checked in my controll panel to see if i had everything in there on and it is light gray and says no audio devices connected. i have a toshiba r15-s822 laptop. pleassssee hellllllp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi first off i should say I really don t know audio No devices. sound, no much about computers or rather computer lingo if you will i know everything as the thinger No sound, no audio devices. the squiggly etc but im pretty good with manipulating things anyway so my problem is this i No sound, no audio devices. tried setting up a dual partition windows ubuntu my cd was faulty and it didnt finish installing I was able to access my windows for a day or so when all the sudden my volume stops working working one second not working the next so if i remember correctly i tried to restart my computer could get into my windows was using ubuntu for a day or so where the sound was working and then decided to reinstall windows so here i am lost all my info hoping i d get my sound back and still no good Now I should specify the problem really the speakers are on connected to the computer but there is no sound the volume icon in the system tray is not there and when i go to the cp gt gt audio devices everything is greyed out when i go to my device manager and try to reinstall my device it wont let me do so i m adding a screen cap And LASTLY i promise I ve tryed altering stuff in BIOS and also I ve done the whole right click on my computer gt gt manage gt gt system gt gt windows audio thing ahhh well i m not expecting much but i ve seen you people on here seem pretty helpful i m desperate at this point dont know what else to do help me please i ll buy you a soda nbsp

A:No sound, no audio devices.

you just need to download the proper driver for your hardware, try through windows update first and see if you get it.

if not use something like PC Wizard 2008 to determine your audio hardware, then google for the driver from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-audio-devices.97417/
Relevancy 68.37%

I own a Headroom Total Bithead USB headphone amp and it's not working properly on Windows Home Premium both and bit versions I called headroom and they reported that there were similar problems using with devices Stuttering audio usb the amp when Windows Vista came out but Microsoft subsequently updated USB drivers and the issue was fixed All indications are that the problem has not been fixed for Stuttering with usb audio devices Windows yet both from my experience and according to Headroom What happens is that every few seconds to a minute the audio will stutter during audio playback of any kind I can pinpoint this problem to the Windows operating system because I'm listening to the exact same device on my Macbook right now with perfect playback but it does not work when I try it on my newly built PC and I used to have Windows installed on my iMac and the problem would occur in Windows with the device but not when I was running OSX It's a pain not being able to listen to music on my desktop so I'm hoping someone can either offer a solution or Microsoft can provide some feedback on the issue Windows is an otherwise great operating system which is why I decided to build a pc for it and not get another mac when my iMac died just out of warranty Thanks all

A:Stuttering with usb audio devices

I am having a similar issue. I have a Plantronics 777 Dolby Digital 5.1 headset that uses generic windows USB Audio for the SRS modular. THe other day I decided to download the MMO Runes of Magic to see if they had changed it since I last played and after the client patched it self...about 14 times and 4 hours later my USB audio suddenly started to go heywire. If I reboot its good...for about 5 minutes then goes from little scattered to just outright horrid. I have googled, reinstalled, uninstalled, etc etc and no avail. My question is could it had been the game client? Or just timing. Thing that sucks is I love these headphones/set but if I want the 5.1 to work I need to use the USB adapter. so anyone know if its just windows being stupid or what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58483-stuttering-usb-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I recently was getting a warning on my PC that i was running out of Disk Space. In order to gain back space it told me to delete un-used programs.
I did that, and deleted programs that were unused for over 2hrs...
However, when i went to turn on the sound on my PC is its not working..Its is telling me that there are no audio devices found, and i have no idea why this is happening??
Does anyone know how to get the speakers working again, the sound is also not worknig when i plug in earphones??Have i deleted something for the PC??
Also even though the Printer is connected and says it is ready it will not print a NotePad document for me. Are these 2 problems related??
Im out of my comfort zone at the moment, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
R

Relevancy 68.37%

I know this topic has been brought up a number of times before however I have still been unable to correct this issue with previous troubleshooting.

The History-Suspected power surge, replaced hard drive, motherboard, and power supply. Reinstalled Windows, Vista 32-bit.

Since this happened I am informed via control panel that No Audio Devices are Installed. My speaker icon in the task bar has the dreaded red X over it.

I have two different sets of speakers I have tried. Both sets of speakers work on another computer. In device manager I have attempted to update drivers, uninstall and reinstall, disable and re-enable, to no avail.

I have set BIOS to default as per previous threads on this subject.

I am happy to provide any further information sought, I am not terribly technical but can follow instructions like a pro. Thank you.

A:No Audio Devices are Installed

Does your new motherboard have on board audio or are you using a sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-are-installed.158247/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Multiple Devices Audio I recently purchased a HP Pavilion dv Laptop it came installed with Vista -bit It works fine and all just one thing I want to figure out Multiple Audio Devices The laptop has built-in speakers a built-in mic headphone jacks and microphone jack I plugged my headset into one of Multiple Audio Devices the headphone jacks my headset microphone into the microphone jack and my external Multiple Audio Devices speakers into the second headphone jack What I wish to do is to set it up in a way that I can play music through my speakers and Ventrilo through my headset The way I did this before on my desktop was that there was this option in the Realtek Audio Manager called quot enable playback multi-stream quot that separated the two audio jacks on the computer one in the back and one in the front Then I was able to choose a different audio driver for Ventrilo and use the default one for music This was on XP and I only had one sound card btw And now for Vista I've tried looking through the Audio Device Manager and the Realtek Audio Manager but couldn't find anything that would help much except in the Realtek Audio Manager there's this quot tie up all input jacks something something etc quot that sounded like it was what I was looking for but all it did was mess up my microphone To add more to this confusion there is actually another audio device in the Audio Device Manager but it's the Digital Audio Receiver and I don't really know what that does I've asked about this problem elsewhere and some people suggested that it was impossible due to the internal hardware wiring but I tried an older driver that actually gave me audio devices from the speakers and one from the headphones It was exactly what I was looking for although I would prefer one that ends up with audio devices for each of the jacks and the built-in speakers But using that driver caused the mic to lose its functionality so I had to revert to the default driver So I know it can be configured using the current hardware wiring Sorry for the long post but any help is appreciated Thanks in advance for any help

A:Multiple Audio Devices

Hi, ForeverRen, and welcome to the forums.

I think HP would be your best bet in this instance....as they would be able to tell you for sure if that can be done with their hardware or not.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/173796-multiple-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hi,i recently had to reformat my pc but now i cant get any sound,i know my sound card is a "sb live wave device"soundblaster.when i go into device manager it says all sound and video devices are working,but the sound devices are not enabled in the device manager properties tab,ive tried doin updates for drivers and it says"cannot find a better match for the hardware u have,"this is really strange,it dosent give me option to enable the sound devices

A:sound and audio devices

Hi,

If you have newer drivers and it says you already have the best drivers loaded...then, try the newer ones. I know that WinXP does that with modem drivers and it DOES NOT have decent drivers for modems. In fact, they only support the v.90 modem drivers and not the v.92 and therefore some modems will not work with their drivers that they say are the best match. I think it would be worth a try to load the newer audio drivers that came with your card...what can you lose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-and-audio-devices.260686/
Relevancy 68.37%

This morning I turned on my PC and then decided to take a nap. when i awoke i decided to go on my PC. I was greeted with a black screen (and yes i turned it on.) after restarting i noticed i had no sound, after thorougher investigation i noticed that my Sound menu says "No audio devices are installed" I have already tried to reinstall Realtek High Definition Audio, but no luck. any ideas?

Screenshot_1.png   49.24KB
  0 downloads

Screenshot_2.png   8.78KB
  0 downloads

Screenshot_3.png   16.28KB
  0 downloads

A:NO Audio Devices are Installed

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Community trigga00

Were there any hardware or software changes recently, specifically with the audio/video? Have you tried system restoring to a date before the issue occured? Please post the computer model next time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578887/no-audio-devices-are-installed/