Windows Support Forum

Any one Know any good video title programs

Q: Any one Know any good video title programs

Hello, I've been doing home movies for a little while now and want a more dedicated program for my video titles, I have pinnacle stidio and Uleads Mediastudio which has some great effects but once you've made more than 10 or 20 movies you end up using all thats there and I don't want to repeat the same effects and become boring, any one got any hints, any programs that you've used or even heard of would be great. Thanks for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-one-know-any-good-video-title-programs.402606/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Any one Know any good video title programs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

Do you recommend or suggest any video converters? I like and use Videora for converting AVI vids to the correct format, but its only downside is that it requires internet connection.
SO I need a video converter that can convert vids from AVI to MPEG and WMV. I have Magic Video Converter 8 but I can't figure out how to convert vids to WMV properly.
Price isn't a concern but if it's free, that's a plus

A:What are good video converter programs?

I mostly use Super C, DVD Flick and there is one other program I use that does DVD to WMV but I can't recall the name of it. I only use it occassionaly. Its on my computer at home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-good-video-converter-programs.805942/
Relevancy 59.34%

The computer doesn't have it's name big enough for me to read I know it's a brand new HP that is shiney and red and I bought in 2016 and there's no good reason in 2016 for me to have to ask WHERE IS THE SEARCH ON THIS COMPUTER AND WHERE IS THE CONTROL PANEL ON IT.... THAT i CAN'T FIND BECAUSE i CAN'T FIND THE SEARCH BOX.  i AM SCREAMING FOR A REASON.  i JUST SPENT GOOD MONEY TO BUY A COMPUTER IN 2016 THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT EASY TO FIND THE SEARCH BOX OR THE CONTROL PANEL.   WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK???????   What were you thinking???????

Solved!
View Solution.

A:i'm too furious for a good title.

LollieDotCom Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!What you're experiencing is the typical frustration of folks new to Windows 10 -- and this has NOTHING to do with HP, as it was Microsoft that forced Win10 on the PC community. I frequent the community Win10 forums and they have put together some introductory videos about Win10. Go to this link and you will find them:  http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/5361-windows-10-instructional-videos-ten-forums-members.html If you just want a condensed intro to what's new in Win10, this link has that:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/getstarted-whatsnew Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/i-m-too-furious-for-a-good-title/td-p/5584621
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a great adventur/rpg title for my PC. Have tried several trials of titles, Diablo - too much action, Everquest - too bewildering, Asherons Call - too repetitive, and am still no closer to my holy grail. Help me tech-guy forumers, you're my only hope! I am not too fussy on the style, be it sci-fi or fantasy etc but do want a pretty good storyline and meaty puzzles if poss.

Thanks for your help and time,

Steve

Relevancy 58.05%

Well I ordered a computer online maybe months ago at this point Everything was working fine and dandy BSOD: You'd have Thread a being, I where knew title. to good If Life was great Games were working The screen was crisp Videos were playing Songs were pumping out of the gorgeous computer speakers Until not that long ago For the past I want to say months There's been some horrible Blue screening going on Multiple times a day most days Others I'm lucky if I can keep it on for minutes Sometimes it wont start at all The only major change while this all happened is that I ordered rogers internet After some digging I found out that their antivirus can cause Blue screen I've since removed every trace This includes the hidden drivers There was even a BSOD: If I knew where to being, You'd have a good Thread title. day grace period before they came back I almost though I got rid of the problem I was to use the games and songs and my crisp crisp computer screen settings for long enough to actually enjoy them Butt-loads of DMP files and everything else are in the zip

A:BSOD: If I knew where to being, You'd have a good Thread title.

Hello and welcome King Mate I cannot open those files but can you open in safe mode and do a quick SFC and chkdsk ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html
Some system specs would be handy too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306975-bsod-if-i-knew-where-being-youd-have-good-thread-title.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone I went to visit a website last night this morning to do a little research But when I clicked to enter that site I got a window warning me that my computer may not have virus protection I know it has virus protection So I clicked to close the window and to leave the site immediately But The website started an antivirus scan with quot Antivirus quot It did not say what company it was from or which program such as quot Norton s quot It just said quot Antivirus quot Then after it started the scan it immediately picked up things as high alert 1antivirus Programs Title Problems! That And Causing 3 Me Maybe They are in order Backdoor Win TheThing a Trojan 1antivirus Title And 3 Programs That Maybe Causing Me Problems! DOS Tornado Patch and Trojan-PSW Win Coced When it tried to download their prorgam to quot protect my computer quot I clicked cancel I checked the certificate because Windows would not let it download because of a revoked crtificate When I checked the Revoked Cetificates List it did not say why it was revoked Is there a way to find out Also How can I tell if this is a legit online scanner or not I will do a little more searching myself to see if I can dig up anything else Then get back to you all But let me know if anyone has any information on this things please Thank you

A:1antivirus Title And 3 Programs That Maybe Causing Me Problems!

one might ask you to give the URL of the site but if it is infected that is not a good idea and maybe a Mod or admin might be 'interested 'IN the url to notify the appropriate people? may I suggest, if you have not already done so; run a scan with superantispyware Superantispyware; guide on how to install and run If you have not already got a Downloads folder , I suggest you create a new folder in My Documents, and name it Downloads ; Installing superantispywareSuperantispyware is found here http://www.superantispyware.com/index.htmlDownload to the Downloads folder the free exe to superantispyware from herehttp://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREEyou install superantispyware by clicking on the icon in the downloads folder ; it will launch the installation process; follow the instructions and I suggest you ask for a default installation ; ensure it creates a desktop icon for you ;once the program has been installed it should ask you if you wish to update the program ; say YES if it does not ask you , you need TO fully update the definitions by opening the program and find the ?check for updates ?tab in the bottom left of the menus you see; click on it and it will do the update for you ; I suggest you ask it to check for updates again once the first update is complete just to be sure please then reboot your computer ; it is preferable to run the scan in your computers safe mode; please open this program from the desktop icon please run the scan while you are OFF line and do not have the computer doing any other work while the scan runs go to the preferences tab on the right on the General tab I suggest you disable the scan on start up on the Hijack protection tab I suggest you tick BOTH items; this enables the program to give you a Hijack home page alert if your home page gets changes ; if you DO get a home page hijack, when you boot up the computer superantispyware will open and tell you the home page has changed and will ask you if this is a legitimate change; in statistics/logs- go to the bottom and you will see two boxes asking about keeping a log of scanning results and saving empty logs?Tick both of them Then go back to the main screen and see the tab that says scan your computer? Do you see that ?Click on itA screen will open ;on the left hand side ensure your FIXED drive ( most probably the C drive) is ticked; Also tick in there any other section that is used and attached .On the right had side you see three scanning options?; please click the Complete scan option OK; you are now set to scanPlease then click on the ?next? tab and let the scan run please run the scan while you are OFF line and do not have the computer doing any other work while the scan runs From my experience running this program the complete full scan CAN take many hours to run depending on how much is on your computer so be patient and let it run; maybe go for a cuppa or watch a favourite program while this one runs Once the scan IS complete you will be presented with a box telling you what the scan has found ( if anything); if harmful objects have been found click on the OK button ; on the next screen all the harmful objects should have a check mark beside them, ; click ?next?A notification should appear that ?quarantine and removal is complete?click ?ok? and then the Finish button to get returned to the main menu If you have run the scan in computers safe mode you will need to reboot to computer normal mode If you have run in computer?s normal mode I suggest you reboot to enable the ?fix? the program has performed to consolidate You then need to retrieve the scan result Open the program and return to the statistics /logs section ; locate the most recent log ; left mouse click on it to highlight it and click the ?view log? tab The log should appear in maybe note pad ; you need to copy and paste that log for folks to see what might be going on n Once ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147545/1antivirus-title-and-3-programs-that-maybe-causing-me-problems/
Relevancy 52.46%

My DSL provider good! test line Solved: not slow...video good..browsing DSL tells me the line tests they just did shows everything to be very good But I am finding many web sites load slowly and videos stop and go even second ones Does anyone know how long a short second video on say YOUtube showtake to wonload with DSL at My laptop is months old with Vista Home Premium nod antivirus and superspywareblaster IE Browser My wife s PC is new with Vista Home Premium Norton Security center same browser Both of us have the same problem with some web sites loading slowly and video just now performing at all six second spurts then stops and buffering for long periods Even a news or sports or YOUtube video seconds long takes a couple of stops Solved: DSL line test good..browsing slow...video not good! to get through Radio stations I used to listen to cut in and out now for buffering This seemed to start a couple of months ago Are there any settings on my system I Solved: DSL line test good..browsing slow...video not good! can change or tweak to speed downloads up or deal with videos or sort this out Here is what I have done to narrow the problem Turned off the wireless and plugged the DSL cord right into my laptop---same performance and same speed tests results Made sure only one of the two computers is on no change Tried the same video on my laptop or my wife s PC same performance Try to have the video on pause so everything can download first works sometimes but can take a long time for some videos Keep my system clean with weekly virus spyware scans and Defender is also on Run line tests with Cogeco and speedtest and they both show around to download with upload a little less Made sure no other programs open when downloading With all the virus spyware phishing filter stuff running is this slowing or stopping the video downloads or are there tweaks that can be done Or with DSL and the quality of videos now the download speed cannot keep up with a video and you have to download it all first before playing Any suggestions appreciated Thanks Geoff nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

hello and thanks in advance somehow the toolbar is missing in ie therefor I cannot get to tools internet options and access anything it won t let me right-click in ie at all and does nothing when I click on hyperlinks and try download get disabled, title right internet... can't can't ie, ie to menu in no bar, click missing, in anything title bar to download anything also at the bottom where I usually see when pop-ups are blocked I see the symbol for them when being blocked but I can t click on ie menu bar missing, no title in title bar, can't download anything in ie, right click disabled, can't get to internet... it to change settings like I normally would and only get a blank white box when I right click on the popup symbol Also on the desktop when I try to right click the ie icon I get nothing so I tried to access it through control panel and I get nothing also but I sometimes see a flash of ie menu bar missing, no title in title bar, can't download anything in ie, right click disabled, can't get to internet... a box that quickly goes away when clicking on it repeatedly pleaseee help it s so irritating I m new at this so I don t know much thanks

A:ie menu bar missing, no title in title bar, can't download anything in ie, right click disabled, can't get to internet...

Hi and welocme. Lets do a malware scan first. Have you recently removed malware. Also what Antivirus and spyware tools are installed,thanks.I am moving this to the AM I Infected forum from XP for now.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179822/ie-menu-bar-missing-no-title-in-title-bar-cant-download-anything-in-ie-right-click-disabled-cant-get-to-internet-options-at-all/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello i installed Windows Vista theme on my laptop with Windows 8.1 CORE and i have this problem, the title of the program has a color that surrounds it and it doesn't matches with the theme at all.. ( This happens with more themes )

Here is a photo of what i mean by that

There is a way to disable it?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/75772-title-bar-random-color-surrounds-title-text.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey I have about a year old computer i will tell you the specs MSI VIA MS- v - Motherboard MB PC SDRAM Mhz Intel Celeron - now overclocked to Ghz GB Western Digital rpm HDD now slave - now with a second GB as master it came with a tornado video card but i now good Video so Card... Not computer Good upgraded to a NVIDIA GeForce FX which is a MB AGP x card I got it because it was at a VERY good price and it out of the packet but my friend builds computers and he got the wrong gfx card so he sold this one to me cheap my computer is an AGP x I understand i cant upgrade that unless i get a new motherboard I have drivers that microsoft installed by itself Nvidia GeForce FX Microsoft Corporation is it worth going to the nvidia website and upgrading to their drivers my computer is really old Good Video Card... Not so good computer and slow and i want to get the best performance out of this card I dont think i can run games like Need For Speed Underground can i because i have a slow processor i tried to play Halo Trial downloaded Good Video Card... Not so good computer from microsoft but it went to the loading screen at the start but then just shut down before Good Video Card... Not so good computer it got to the menu My point is what can i do to get maximum performance out of this card but without increasing the startup items too much etc Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I'm in the middle of creating you tube tutorials. I've been scouring the internet attempting to find an affordable video editing tool, (or free) that will edit/produce professional appearing introductions to my youtube videos. Does anyone know where I could find such a program over the internet?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

A:A good video editing tool to create professional introductions to video creations

Hmm, How long do you need the video editing tool? You could get a trial for Vegas Pro 8 and Vegas Pro 9 i think they are both for 30 days, so you could use them while you are trying to find a free or affordable tool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-video-editing-tool-to-create-professional-introductions-to-video-creations.143292/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I tried IE8. This seemed to interfere with Mcafee. When I opened the security centre there was only a plain white box.
Couldn't 'uninstall' IE8 so I restored to before IE8.
This rectified the Mcafee problem but now IE7 seems corrupt.
There is no text in the title bar. The menu bar (favourite, tools etc is missing. Right clight on the title bar offers only restore, close etc.
Downloading is not working too well. There is no 'pop up blocked' menu displayed to allow downloads.
It's running on Xp home.
Everything was fine until I tried IE8 and then restored.
Nearly forgot to mention that the tabs are missing too!

Any ideas????

terence

A:ie7 menu bar missing, no title in title bar

This MAY NOT be your exact problem, but....

IE7 uses Vista display criteria. Normally the Menu seems not to be there.

What they (idiots at Microsoft) did is replace the Menubar with a Context Menu. Right-click the Titlebar and you should see your Menu listing, and if you select View, you can check Classic Menubar(?) and get the Menubar back.

The other problems MAY be solved by resetting your Internet Options, especially the Advanced tab.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-menu-bar-missing-no-title-in-title-bar-303264.html
Relevancy 45.58%

We currently have an ATI Radeon 9200 card configured for two monitors running on a Compaq P4 2.4 GHz machine. The video output is sent to a Sharp SR 10X DLP projector and an LCD monitor. When playing a DVD from the computer the picture we see on both the monitor and the projector has diagonal lines that are "stairstepped" and not smooth even when the picture is relatively still. The same DVD played on a standalone DVD player and sent to the projector looks fine. Is our problem the video card? If so, what AGP card might give us better full-motion 2d video? Any other suggestiions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

A:Need A Good Agp Video Card For 2d Video

Currently, the Nvidia 6800GS is the (or close to) the best AGP card on the market. Great clock speeds, 256 MB DDR3 memory. I've done plenty of video with it, and it's looked fine. However, I haven't done any video output through a projector with it, so I can't speak as to how that would work. The problems that you're describing sounds like it's either a low resolution issue or the current card isn't fast enough to run the video, so it's getting "choppy". My best guess is the latter of the two.Do some research before you buy the card though, as it's roughly $164. I've got one and I love it. I run some new games in the highest resolution, and it doesn't slow the card down at all. Hope this helps!HERE'S a link to one from Newegg.com. It's already overclocked, which means it'll be a little faster than the stock ones.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68336/need-a-good-agp-video-card-for-2d-video/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to help my step-fathers computer a bit. And am extremly dubious about all these programs he has installed. Can someone tell me which ones he should leave on? Are any of them damaging?
Thanks, Sean

Speed up my PC
Registry Booster
Clean up
Driver Scanner
System Tweaker
Avast Anti virus
Mc Afee Security scanner plus

And then I have installed:

AVG Free
Ad-Aware

I didn't want to go removing any of the other 5987 I have listed above as some I think he has paid for. Thanks Guys, Sean

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone!

I just got my new build put together. Got Win 7 put on just fine. No problems!

Now, im wondering is there any programs I should download that work great with Win 7? Please guys, mention everything! Got plenty room.

Thanks again!

A:What Programs go good with Win 7???

Hello Blake!

what kind of programs?

here is the thread about free programs that go well with win7:
FREE Great Programs for Windows 7

and here is the thread about paid software:
Paid Software that is Windows 7 Compatible
knock yourself out

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10848-what-programs-go-good-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

good day.

Im a graphic artist, and I recently assembled a pc

specs:

MSI P6N SLI V2
intel c2d 2.33 conroe( i think)
3 GIG KINGSTON PC6400
INNO 3D 76OO GT 512 DDR2
80 GIG SATA( OS)
80 GIG IDE( PROGRAMS / TEMPS)
DUKE CASING.

i know i need to add one more memory to make use of dual channel on the motherboard or i can remove the 1 gig.

Programs I usually use.... photoshop, bryce 3d, and planning to use 3d max and sketchup.

i still have a 160 gig ide that i have not yet connected yet that I will use for the scracth disk and files that i will save.

Question is.. is this set enough for me...

should I change the memories to ocz 2 gig kits?
what is the best cooler for the processor..( dont want to use the water things)

should I change the motherboard.

any comment will be appreciated..

Thanks in advance

A:Is my set up Good for my programs

Use 2gigs of RAM (or 2 1 gig sticks and 2 512s for 3gigs in dual channel) if you are using Vista or XP 32bit. Use 4gigs if you are using the 64bit versions of those OSes.

You should be fine with that hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-set-up-good-for-my-programs.96541/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there,

I wanted a program ( a famous and good one ) that would clean your computer's memory RAM and optimize it. And i also would want that you guys would point me some programs to tweak your computer's performance like this RAM Cleaner.

Please, don't recommend Boostspeed, i already tried this one.

Thanks,
Alex.

A:Good Programs?

Memory cleaners generally don't do much for your system unless you've got a malfunctioning program - and then it doesn't fix it, it just destroys the corrupted entries that are stored in memory.

And, to add to the problem, they occupy valuable memory that could be better used for programs that need it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/13089-good-programs.html
Relevancy 45.15%

What are some good hard drive benchmarking programs I can use??? I've heard that Sisoft Sandra isn't very accurate. Also, I tried to download HDTach 2.61, but I can't run it without registering and paying $50 for it!!! I was wondering what some other quality programs are that I might use to see if my raid setup is performing where it should be?

Thanks for any info. guys!!!

A:Good benchmarking programs???

SiSoft Sandra

The Meeting 'spot' > PCMARK 2002 Scores/sys specs
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=536&highlight=Sisoft

Edit by Thomas www.3dspotlight.com -
After using this all I can say are the following 2 words SiSoft Sandra. Maybe there's something useful if you register, doubt it though, don't bother with this. SiSoft Sandra also doesn't display ADS while running tests.Click to expand...

PCMARK 2002 BUG!?

Search Feature is Your Friend
* Learn to use the Search Feature extensively to answer questions, for the following reasons:
* 1.) Redundant Topics: most popular subjects are currently being discussed, or similar questions have been answered.
* 2.) Links: we might forget a good link that was previously mentioned in answering your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-benchmarking-programs.651/
Relevancy 45.15%

I got a new mic the Samson Meteor Mic, but it's not working too well and I wonder if there is any program so I can adjust the mic sensitivity etc
when I'm using my Samson Meteor Mic.. I wonder if it's a problem with the mic itself or if there's something I need to configure with it?

A:Are there any good programs to change mic EQ?

I have a recording studio (using Sonar X3) and I don't use USB mic's, but this one gets good reviews.

I don't know of any program, although there may be something around, to do what you want. What program are you using with the Mic? Audacity, has options for the recording bit depth, etc. Also, does it sound bad on the PC speakers as you talk? or is it bad on playback? If its on playback, are you saving the files as "wav" files or "MP3"? Wav files are full fidelity, MP3 is "something less than full fidelity" and depending on the MP3 bitrate it can be better or worse.

Finally, try it on a different PC. It may be a defective mic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/332801-there-any-good-programs-change-mic-eq.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey,

I just read some stuff in PC World about VM's and how they can be pretty cool. Does anyone know of any good freeware VM's you can download and play around with? Also any good tutorials or guides to use them?

Thanks!

-Mike

A:Any Good Freeware Vm Programs?

Microsoft has Virtual PC, and it's free to download. Check out Overview of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. If this is what you are looking for, you can download it HERE. EDIT: Tutorial on Installing Virtual PC 2007 Tutorial on setting up Virtual PC 2007Hope this is helpful to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120040/any-good-freeware-vm-programs/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everybody,
I was wondering if any of these Maintenance & Optimization programs are any good or are (to some extent) saying things are worse than they really are?. I'm asking because of something which happened yesterday. I have Tuneup Utilities 2011 installed and yesterday I ran a manual scan of the computer with NO problems being found. Less than half an hour later the automatic scan finished, with its little bubble window saying that xx number of problems had been fixed. How is it possible from nothing being found to 70ish problems in less than half an hour. Nothing was deleted or(un)installed! In fact at that time the computer wasn't in use. No network connection either. Am I right in having a doubt about these programs now?
Any thoughts? Has anybody else noticed anything similar?
Thanks

A:Are optimization programs any good?

I've never found an "optimization" program that wasn't at least 75% snake oil. Certainly, an out-of-the-box Windows machine is not running at 100% possible efficiency, but if "optimizing" Windows were so easily automated you can be certain that Microsoft would have put it in by default.Aside from the difficulties with automating any real optimizations, most of these apps incorporate questionable features (e.g, registry cleaning) or outright bullbleep features (like RAM defragmenting/optimizing.)To get your system running at peak power you'll have to get your hands dirty. I highly, highly, highly (did I mention highly?) recommend Koroush Ghazi's Tweaking Companions for Windows (and all his other tweaking guides too.) There's a free version and a "premium" version of each for $4.50. The free versions are excellent, and the premium ones are even better.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408905/are-optimization-programs-any-good/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a friend who I told I'd try to help fix his computer, and I was hoping for some input before I head over there.

He has a virus. We know that much. The big problem is, it has damaged some of his files, including his windows recovery. He tried to use windows recovery, but it doesn't work, even though he's made backups in the past. I was planning on bringing over a couple different virus-scan and anti-spyware programs to get all the bad things off his computer, and I also wanted to get a good data recovery program, as there are important files on his computer that he has no backups for. What I was hoping for was a couple of suggestion on good recovery programs to get to help him out. Any suggestions?

I appreciate any help you can give.

A:Good recovery programs

You may try Norton Antivirus software and Norton Disk Doctor. Norton is a very reputable company but such a name does came at a price unfortunately, however their tech support is unrivaled and they will be able to answer questions you have along the way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-recovery-programs.395373/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have AVG 8.0 for viruses and spy ware.

And "Ghostwall" as a firewall.

Are these good enough to keep my computer secure?

Relevancy 45.15%

Aside form anti mailware bytes, what other good programs are there?  I have bit defender as my A.V.

A:What are some really good scanning programs

You'll find there's no single best answer to this.  A recent issue of Consumer Reports (I think it was the June issue) had a list of them, but every ranking I've ever seen is different.  As I'm sure others will chime in and say, the answer is very subjective.  It's like what's the best car.  I use the Norton Security Suite which I get free from Comcast on my Windows 7 computers, but I've used the free AVG and Avast as well.  On my Windows 8.1 computers, I just use Defender which in Windows 8 has MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) integrated into it.  Whenever you mention Norton or McAfee, you usually get a whole lot of varied answers because they've been around since the 80s, and most everybody has an opinion on them; some love them, some hate them.  The county I live in uses the commercial Norton product, Symantec Environmental Protection (SEP).  YMMV.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538261/what-are-some-really-good-scanning-programs/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does any one know of any good, math programs that are easy to use and are user friendly?

A:Good Math Programs

Windows Calculator?

Seriously, what do you want to do? Everything mathematics related? You'd have to learn programming in Fortran then

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-math-programs.59451/
Relevancy 45.15%

I will soon need a anti-virus. Also I want a good program to protect against malware, hijackers, ad-ware, trojons and other unwanted things in computers. It doesn't have to be free. I'm willing to pay. I prefer being able to download it but If not, just let me know the name of the program.

A:Recommend me some really good programs

For anti-virus software, I recommend Avira AntiVirFirewall I would choose ComodoNOTEIf you are going to use Avira AND Comodo, be sure to only install the Firewall portion of Comodo and not the Anti-virus portion. You will be prompted during installation.On demand scanning I would use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and SUPERantispywareAnd finally, SpywareBlaster which fills the holes in programs that can be exploited, and in effect, prevents you from getting infected in the first place.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229107/recommend-me-some-really-good-programs/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have on my Vista computer the following Anti Virus are What good AV protection? programs programs Avast Malwarebytes Super Antispyware and Spybot search and destroy I scan my computer with all of them from time to time and What AV programs are good protection? also recently downloaded and used AdwCleaner and Temporary file cleaner All of the above programs are the free version I also have an internet filter called Blue Coat K Web Protection Additionally before I download any program from the internet I first run the site URL through sites like Virustotal avgthreatlabs siteadvisor urlvoid and Norton safeweb And then I scan the downloaded executable or installer with Avast Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware I also have Ccleaner and I use the quot File cleaner quot feature every so often though the quot Registry fixer quot feature I only use to scan and see what issues they detect in my registry but I won t delete any of them most of the time the only exception being registry keys in the list that I carefully look at and deem safe to delete for instance those belonging to obsolete uninstalled software My question is is what I have and do enough for properly securing my computer Is it perhaps too many programs Thank you for your advice and suggestions in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Okay all you experts out there!!!

Anybody have ANY FEEDBACK on THESE APPS???????????

Anything...GOOD or BAD!!!!

1) SPEED IT UP FREE

2) SEARCH DEFENDER (child of Speed It Up Free)

3) PC Digital Safe (Also a child of Speed It Up Free, I think)

trumpetman51

A:Solved: KNOW THESE PROGRAMS??.....GOOD!! or BAD!!!??????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-know-these-programs-good-or-bad.623731/
Relevancy 45.15%

Need some good programs and that to fix them you need to register.

A:Good Free Programs

Three immediates: Winpatrol , jv16 powertools, powerdesk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47305/good-free-programs/
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there any way to "tell" Windows (8.1) which programs are OK to run and modify the system? I get tired of saying OK every time I run one of many utilities like True Image 2013, Auslogics, CoreTemp, CPUz and the list goes on and on. I have UAC set to the lowest level short of Off. I really don't want to turn UAC Off since I keep thinking it might actually catch a bad guy sometime! I have my W7 systems UAC set the same way as W8 but don't get all the annoying popups! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was wrong - W7 UAC acts the same way as W8. I had it Turned Off in W7 and turned it on to the lowest level to check but the change does not take effect until the system is rebooted. So...I'll run W8 with UAC Off too unless there is a better way.

A:UAC Control for known good programs?

Hello Ken, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Sorry, but there is not an exception/safe list for UAC. That would defeat the purpose of UAC to seek your approval before letting something run elevated and having full access to the computer.

If you like, you could use either tutorial below as a workaround to create an elevated shortcut of a program that when used will not give you an UAC prompt and still run elevated.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

OR

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/33789-uac-control-known-good-programs.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm looking to add to my USB drive collection of utilities and wanted to know what some of you guys use right now? Specifically, I'm looking for anything other than ClamWin Portable and a spyware scanner that will run off my USB. Thanks, in advance.

A:Good Portable USB Programs?

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/672519-install-run-programs-usb-pen.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-portable-usb-programs.672711/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have these mp4 files which are encoded in PAL @ 25 FPS. They play fine on VLC, WMP and QuickTime, but when trying to manipulate them in any way (i.e cut, edit) with VirtualDub or Windows Movie Maker, the programs don't want anything to do with them, so to speak. WMM says it doesn't support the format or video, and VirtualDub won't open the file because the "MPEG 1 video stream contains an invalid frame rate". I'm not sure if it's because of the way the file was ripped/encoded, or because I'm missing a codec. I suppose the solution would be to convert them to NTSC format. Are there any programs that can do this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Any programs that can convert video formats or PAL video to NTSC???

I don't know if you've searched Google about this but converting PAL to NTSC seems to be more trouble than it's worth. It can be done but it ain't easy. The link below is for a Google search.http://www.google.ca/search?q=Software+to+...OC4OBlAej_-SnAw

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326687/any-programs-that-can-convert-video-formats-or-pal-video-to-ntsc/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have experiencing problem with my Dell XPS 15z laptop. The video is choppy and sometimes display driver stops working. I am not even able to update windows and update fails during configuration. I did a dell PC diagnostics for any hardware issues but found none.

When I shutdown the PC I get an error programs need to be closed with an option of "Force ShutDown" but in the list of programs I don't see any programs. I have Kaspersky antivirus installed. Could it be a virus ?

Thanks
Chetan

A:Video choppy, long time to reboot or shutdown, video driver stops working, invisible programs do not close properly

Try uninstalling the video driver via Device Manager...then rebooting and reinstalling same.

<<I am not even able to update windows...>>

Exactly what are you doing...and what happens? Error messages? You access the Win Update website?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479774/video-choppy-long-time-to-reboot-or-shutdown-video-driver-stops-working-invisible-programs-do-not-close-properly/
Relevancy 44.29%

ok, first okk i want to say thanks for looking at my post, i think of that as an atempt to help me and i like that =).
secondly, i am having a problom with my laptop, i try and download programs from safe sites(cnet download.com, and profesional game sites) and it says "the file is corrupt" even when im downloding kasperkeys...i know that the file is ok, ive downloaded most of them before(sorry that i spelt that program wrong, i cant spell it good at all) and now im having probloms....it kind of worries me. pelase help if you can. i will post a picture of it next time it happends...so later tonight

A:problom with downloading programs!!!not good!!!

many possibilities:
goto Start - Run
type in cmd
from the command prompt type in ping www.yahoo.com -t
let it run for a bit, then hit CTRL + C
look at the bottom for the word Packets - if you have a high % loss it could be your network card (try a different one) or your router (try plugging directly from your cable modem to your pc)- if that doesn't work call your ISP.
OR
Some people have trouble with downloads if their motherboard comes with an Nvidia firewall.
Or try running memtest:
http://www.memtest.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problom-with-downloading-programs-not-good.866520/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm just looking for something to get started with or play with. Also would like something that would allow me to print pictures off my digital camera with correct sizes like 8x10 5x7 and so on. Any help would be great!! Thanks!!

Relevancy 44.29%

Are there any decent FREEWARE CD burning programs out there? Which one would you reccomend?

Thanks

DAVID

Relevancy 44.29%

Weird problem My searches found similar problems but nothing that has helped me Problem - After a cold start my system gave a memory management BSOD then restarted but never actually made it to windows each time it would make it to some point different each time it seemed flash a blue screen too fast for me to see it then reboot When it gave me the option known Last execute cant Did good now programs! config, to fix startup issues it would scan for a bit then flash a quick blue screen and reboot Did Last known good config, now cant execute programs! Finally I tried the last known good config Got into Did Last known good config, now cant execute programs! windows but all my taskbar shortcuts Did Last known good config, now cant execute programs! are gone antivirus didnt load up and i can execute any programs even windows programs the option to open is not even there when I right click If I try to open something from the RUN prompt like cmd or msconfig if spits back an error that says quot no such interface supported quot most programs like firefox just do nothing when I double click them and have no option for opening This is maybe a week old system that has been running fine windows pro bit any help would be sincerely appreciated

A:Did Last known good config, now cant execute programs!

If no one comes up with something better.

Repair Install

This saves all your current info but puts the registry, boot, etc. back in order.

Last good config didn't work is the main reason I suggest a repair.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128040-did-last-known-good-config-now-cant-execute-programs.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I just installed so i dont know any!! Phantasm recommended the Ximian desktop so im gettin that..
any good programs for linux that you guys/girls like?
post em here!:grinthumb

A:good linux programs and stuff!

MPlayer is the media player of choice:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/news.html

If you get this right (might be a little challenging for novice, as you have to compile it from source code, place codecs in correct directories, etc) then you can easily play DVDs and Divx movies, etc.

LinZip is a little like Winzip (more primitive, but you get the picture):

http://shareware.about.com/library/linux/utilities/bl_linzip_linux_utilities.htm

Try going to http://linux.tucows.com/ for more freeware and shareware linux programs. Their top 100 chosen softwares are here:

http://linux.tucows.com/toppicks.html

where you can see that you do get Realplayer and Netscape for Linux as well. In fact, Netscape for Linux is very nice indeed! Just go to the Netscape home page and click on the download link.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-linux-programs-and-stuff.8341/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been lately suffering from trojan horses, (i have norton anti-virus installed, it will detect them but unable to repair or delete them), i had "Trojan Remover" but i didnt detect them..

Any good trojan remover utilities that might help..

THANKS IN ADVANCE ...

A:Any good torjan remover programs!!

jgvernonco?s
recommended
security
software

Zonealarm Firewall (free edition) Zone Labs:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...reeDownload.jsp

Free antivirus software

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

Spyware blocking programs (free):

Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard (the link will take you to the Blaster page. The menu bar at the top will take you to the Guard page. These two programs, written by the same developer, work hand-in-hand to protect you from invasions).

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Spyware Killers (free)!

Spybot Search & Destroy

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-1...&tag=button

Adaware
Ad-aware - Software - Lavasoft

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

I run both of these, as they occasionally find something that the other did not.

Additionally, Microsoft has made some poor choices about default settings in the OSs, resulting in multiple security weaknesses. Gibson Research has a number of little programs that will help you close security holes without having to edit your registry, wander My Computer, etc., just to get secure. I highly recommend this resource.

Gibson Research Corporation Home Page

http://grc.com/default.htm

The secret to running these programs is to update at least weekly! Update Adaware and Spybot before you run a scan every time. Don?t forget to update Blaster and Guard when you are doing your maintenance. Make sure the antivirus software us up-to-date. Put a note on your computer reminding you to do it!

Stay safe! Enjoy the WWW!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/any-good-torjan-remover-programs-10580.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Is there any programs (pref. freewares...) that can partition a new drive... if it can paste a partition back to another partition, then that would be better. thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

Just wondering what some good software data recovery programs are. If you know of one please list it here. Thanks!

A:Good data recovery programs...

Hi Empty2

Is this what you are looking for :-

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

steam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-data-recovery-programs.123737/
Relevancy 44.29%

There are so many virus & spyware programs
out there, they all say there the best, but some cause problems on your PC, others won't, how
does one figure out which program is best suited
for his/her computer? chuck-HD.

Relevancy 44.29%

I'm looking for free programs that can convert and edit videos with minimal loss in quality. They can be separate programs.

For converting, I only need support for major file types plus .flv. The same goes for editing, but I have not yet found any program that can edit .flv files.

Lastly, I use GOM to view videos, but it doesn't play sound with .mov files. I tried Quicktime Alternative but it just seems to download Quicktime; I'd rather play the videos in GOM itself. I'm pretty sure it's possible since I did it a few formats ago. If anyone could provide a link to a codec for it that I need or recommend another player that's capable of AB playback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

A:What are some good programs to work with videos?

Don't know of anything off the top. Do a few searches on http://sourceforge.net. That's a very legit open source software site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-are-some-good-programs-to-work-with-videos-537447.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey all, long time no see, funny how I am posting a thread that is not about my computer being infected. Okay, I have Mbam pro, and comodo internet security configured to my liking and I am wondering about any other secondary (or thirdly) security programs (besides common sense, ) I should know about? Prefiably compatible with my other programs (no duh) and has real time, and is either cheap (mbam price) or free (CIS premium price, XD) I am willing to try any suggestion that is 1.) Legit (not an actual malware product), and 2.) meets my price criteria, also works. Cheers! -Zestypanda

A:Other good Security side programs I should know about?

Please see: Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441734/other-good-security-side-programs-i-should-know-about/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am pretty slow at typing and it's taking a while to get faster.
Any one know of any good talk and type programs.
The ones that you train to your voice.
Or are these programs a crutch that will actually harm
a persons typing capabilties.
Thanks Doug

A:Any good talk and type programs?

MS Word has this facility.

Tools > Speech

You would need to install it though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-good-talk-and-type-programs-109535.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Sorry if there have been threads created like this in the past I wasn t able to find any with the search feature I thought that it might be a good idea to start a thread for good programs that a Share well good programs known aren't that lot of people might not know about I m constantly trying out new stuff and I always like to hear about good software So here s my recommendation to you all Slickrun get it here http www bayden com Share good programs that aren't well known SlickRun In my opinion this should come bundled with the Windows operating system I m amazed that more people haven t heard of Share good programs that aren't well known this program Very rarely do I even need to navigate through folders to access a file I can use slickrun to launch any program directory song the control panel etc from slickrun It floats wherever you want it to on your screen and can be hid in the tray It is very easy to configure and there is also a support forum where people share various tricks to use One example of what it can do I can type in quot google meatballs quot into slickrun Then slickrun will open up my default browser navigate to google search for meatballs and display the results all on it s own Okay I suppose I wrote a little too much about slickrun Please share the great programs that you ve ran across but know most people probably don t know about Please don t name off any commonly used programs though

A:Share good programs that aren't well known

Daemon Tools - Allows you to mound iso images saved on your hard drive as if they were actual cd's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15961/share-good-programs-that-arent-well-known/
Relevancy 44.29%

Anyone got any good backup program suggestions? Has to be one that can run automatic backups and make ghost images

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

iM LOOKING for a good online algerbra program, or programs to brush up on math skill. Any advice?

Thanks- ThunderDog

A:gOOD fREE mATH PROGRAMS?

I don't know of any off hand but Google finds a lot of good links.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Math+help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-free-math-programs.383635/
Relevancy 44.29%

A friend rival enemy of mine died today of leukemia I am a th grader Me and my group of friends decided to at least send him away with a nice gift We thought that performing a piece for him would be a good present So far the members of this little group are me piano a girl violin and another girl viola I thought this was a nice little group to start some pieces The girls are amateurs while I despite being young am a competition-winning pianist Anyway the big problem is we don t know what to do with the music scores I have to do most of the arranging we re playing Funeral March by Mendelssohn but it is for piano solo therefore we must arrange it to be for a trio so I need a good freeware What I am looking for is a freeware that DOESN T NEED A LOT OF HASSLE such as plugging in a keyboard etc I want it to be able to create a music score with me typing clicking etc the notes You know what I mean I want to write print a music score with my arranging of the piece Does anyone know of such Programs Score Good Music a program nbsp

A:Good Music Score Programs

kmjaemo,
google is your friend,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Music+Score+freeware&btnG=Google+Search

got to be something here you can use,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-music-score-programs.699116/
Relevancy 44.29%

We are a small company and would like to know what the best fax program is for being able to receive/send faxes without the use of a fax machine. Can you suggest something reliable and easy to use for 'non-tech' users.

Thanks
Monica

A:Good Fax programs for small companies?

WinFaxPro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-fax-programs-for-small-companies.403229/
Relevancy 44.29%

Does any one here know any good program to transform my notebook into a router?

A:Good Virtual routers programs

23 Best Free Virtual Router Software
23 Best Free Virtual Router Software

I used Connectify, you can choose what you like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/355709-good-virtual-routers-programs.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Anybody know of any good, reliable, free genealogy programs? I am trying to make a family tree and find family research.

Relevancy 43.86%

Case in point opening emails.  Some email programs automatically open them [preview]
You clik on or select one it automatically opens any payload is delivered even before you get the chance to check the headers for something suspicious.

Thunderbird does this by default. I am not shure if or how many others do this. I only experienced this with thunderbird.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593604/good-security-practices-only-work-if-the-programs-will-let-you-use-them/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all.

I'm looking for a reliable program that can be used to uninstall programs that I no longer want. I've tried IOBit Uninstaller but the BSOD team advised me not to use it. So I'm now looking for a replacement. I've heard good things about Revo Uninstaller but I lack the knowledge of what I should look for in an uninstaller.

I'd like to know the following:

1) What's a good uninstaller program?
2) Does it allow registry deletion? (meaning does it clean up the registry entries as well?)
3) Is it compatible? (had a problem with this already)
4) Does it clean up a good amount of the residual files? (Does it leave files behind?)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390487-whats-good-program-uninstalling-applications-programs-pc.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys can any1 suggest some good programs//apps for network monitor i'm not referring to a ""gadget"" that already got 3 of them but not happy the way they show the info...that give a daily/weekly/monthly network speed report,total data usage,total data downloaded,uploaded etc... Thnx

A:good programs//apps for network monitor?

Hello Deepak,

These are some great free program for this that you might give a try to see how you like them.NetStat Live
Network Monitor
NetWorx
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/119572-good-programs-apps-network-monitor.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Because i cannot draw very well with paint, and i could use something better.

A:Anyone Know Any Good *free* Computer Drawing Programs?

About as close as you can get to Photoshop, for free:GIMPYou need to download two programs for Windows in order to use the GIMP: the GIMP and the GTK runtime environment, which is available for download on the same site. The program won't work without it. Also, if you speak a language other than English, you can select it when you install GTK.Here's some GIMP resources you might find useful:GIMP TalkGIMP Tutorials at gimp.orgGIMP Tutorials at pixel2lifeGIMP User Group (GUG)Grokking the GIMPGIMP User ManualSimple AnimationsIf you want to try your hand at 3D drawing (also free):BlenderUser's GuideFull User's GuideHere's some Blender resources you might find useful:Blender wikiBlender Artists ForumsBlender 3D: Tutorial Links Listblenderwars.complanetannihilation.comBlended MindBlend AgeFrom start to renderA List Of Tutorial SitesBlender at pixel2life.comBlender 3D: Noob to ProDigital Video Compositing in BlenderBlender MultimediaBasic Parentingblender3dfrCreating Pixar-looking eyes in BlenderMayang's Free Textures - textures for use in Blender

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90482/anyone-know-any-good-free-computer-drawing-programs/
Relevancy 43.86%

I know I'm a tool first of all. Formatted my HD, re-installed XP and went to upload my outlook express backup file and realized that I only backed up the shortcut to the file not the actual OE backup file. SO, I imagine that this may possibly be recoverable and I'm browsing trough all the programs out there. Any suggestions on who's got a good program out there for trying to get this file back? I know it may be lost forever but it's worth a shot.

A:Good programs for getting lost file after formatting

Hi, I don't think it's possible to recover, since you have more than likely written over the location when you reinstalled....

http://diskinternals.com/ntfs-recovery/

The normal way would be to run a recovery tool immediately, but who is prepared for that

And, I dont know if it would work running from the same hard drive> did you by any chance have another partition of the SAME physical hard disk you are running Windows on now? It might pick something up from that, rather than running it on your present active partition where Windows is stored> again, one of the recovery tools just might work but I cannot guarantee anything or that your present copy will survive intact...

You can recover entire volumes (drives) sometimes, but again not if overwritten...if you want to try some of the tools, most of them allow you to use and see what is recoverable before you spend money on it...then, to actually get anything back, it may cost some money.

You have to know what the file system you are using is, NTFS or FAT32 etc....

Here is another pretty good one>
for win9x or XP> and can run from a floppy diskette

http://www.recover4all.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-programs-for-getting-lost-file-after-formatting.399841/
Relevancy 43.86%

Are there any decent free tts programs for word out there, or more voices for microsoft voice. The included xp voice, microsoft sam, quickly drives me insane, but I would like to play back some documents. Any suggestions?

A:Good Word tts (text to speech) programs?

Text-Aloud makes a tts app that rocks - at&t makes different voices for it.....

a quick google search otherwise should do the trick for a free one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-word-tts-text-to-speech-programs.667594/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi !

what good Portable Antivirus & Antimalware programs exist ?

i?m creating a Rescuepackage to put on a USB-memory, and would like some suggestions.

but PLEASE, do NOT make this yet another "Best A/V-thread", we already have enough of those !

lets keep it on the subject: "Portable Antivirus & Antimalware programs ?"

i?m going to put all suggestions on a list (that i will update) in this post , so it?s easy to see.
PROGRAMS:
a-squared free
SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

A:good portable antivirus & antimalware programs ?

ClamWin Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/57029-good-portable-antivirus-antimalware-programs.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,

Please can someone help.

I have been an avid Panda Antivirus fan for coming up 5years now (as I refuse to use Norton), although recently I have been running scans once a week (it used to be once a month) but everytime I run scans my spyware/antivirus seem to find alot more than it used to.

Does anyone know of any good programs that will stop (or help stop) the problems.

I run the following:

Ad-aware SE Personal
Spyware Blaster
Spybot Search & Destroy
cwShredder
Panda Antivirus Pro 2009

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,
M

Relevancy 43.86%

Okay so I m running a fairly old PC that had started to grind away very slowly so decided to knuckle down and do something about it First up I backed up a ton of files on an external HDD then deleted the copies on my local drive to free up space Second I installed a lovely program called Revo Uninstaller and ran through uninstalling unwanted programs and deleting their registry entries as flagged up by Revo I am too trusting sometimes but looking at the stuff good working spring after not a Programs clean old it was flagging they all looked related to each programs I was uninstalling so I was happy to delete away The third thing I did was to run MS config and disable a bunch of programs at startup - things I Programs not working after a good old spring clean don t use too often and can handle loading up as I need them Apple Itunes Helper Nero Check QT Helper My Printer Status Monitor etc etc Finally I did a defrag on my HDD only and not really needed but I did it anyway Everything seems brilliant most programs run superbly - everything is so much smoother and faster and my pc boots up faster than it has done in years and I can hear far less disc access The only problem is is that some programs are failing to launch or run properly For example I can no longer launch my Graphics Card control centre software ATI Catalyst it tells me that I don t have permission to change Catalyst Control Centre settings and to call my admin for help Also my Canon camera software doesn t want to work any more when I plug in my camera the EOS utility software hits me with a message saying that it can not launch I was also having a problem with Itunes not syncing with my ipod so it told me to re-install but as I tried to download and reinstall I was told that I didn t have sufficient privileges to install software I have double checked and I have full admin rights on my pc but I m thinking that this is where my problem might lie something to do with privileges I know my problem is fairly vague and I ve done a lot that would affect the programs in question but I ve checked and double checked the MS config settings and made changes and made sure that none of the settings there are preventing me from running my programs If you guys have any suggestions for fixes they d be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I would like to know, maby just posibly if there is a program out there that removes the viruses without
diging threw the registress and file by hand. and free programs would realy help me and my boss.

my objective is to be able to go to a persones house and remove viruses, and all that stuf with a cd.
like, were would i git the ud cd from. linux mint, and all that stuf.

A:Working at mcc and need good virus removal programs

and free programs would realy help me and my boss.Hi -The option of using Free programs in a Commercial environment often excedes the EndUserLicenseAgreement of many programs.You may note that we use many programs on a Free basis, and not a "for profit" basis, one computer at a time, only if help is requested.There are many options for you, but also many will require you to purchase a license for use of infection removal on machines as a business -This can be done on one computer, one time (as done here), but when you use it as your company would, the situation changes to a profit making business.As this is quite often not allowed in a "for profit" situation, and you seem to be implying this, so we are not able to give further details -Please contact Security / Antimalware type companies for further details -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470244/working-at-mcc-and-need-good-virus-removal-programs/
Relevancy 43.86%

One area where Windows 7 is far inferior to previous versions is in Windows Backup, it's so limited compared to previous version's it's a joke.

Are there any free backup programs for Windows 7 that:
1. Can backup opened files (I leave Outlook open so I need a program that can backup the Outlook pst file while it's open)
2. Can ideally make backups of the system drive that can be restored back into a bootable system without having to first install Windows
3. Allows a specific disk to be set for the backup destination of a backup job and asks to insert that disk when the scheduled backup starts if that disk isn't inserted

If no free backup programs offer these features, what programs do offer these features?

Thanks

A:Any good and ideally free backup programs?

Back up your files

I haven't tried Win7's, but the XP version works perfectly. One client runs an incremental backup to an external 1 Tbyte HD at 3:00 a.m. every morning, and it's been running flawlessly for almost 2 years. About once a month I check the data to make certain it's there, etc... Not sure about the open .PST file thing. I think Outlook does it's own periodic save, so I don't think you are looking for something wildly exotic that saves "live" data in RAM. Meaning, I don't think Outlook being "open" or not matters.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-good-and-ideally-free-backup-programs-666235.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Does anyone know of any good easy to use FREE antispam programs that integrate with outlook and dont slow the system down to much?? I mean FREE not trialware. Spam is out of hand!

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE ANY IDEAS!

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I am working on a computer where the user lent their machine to someone else for the weekend. When it was returned many major files after 2008 were missing, and some important programs gone (they do not remember the name of the programs).

The first things I thought were, either they were deleted, or a system retore took place. I used the freeware program "Recuva" and found some of the users music and pictures. However no documents could be found.

I don't beleive it's due to malware or any sort of virus, and there seems to have been no system restore that took place. I'm running out of ideas and really need to help this person out.

Any tips guys?

A:Good amount of documents and some programs missing

Start with Windows Vista System Restore Guide and then read all of the tutorials at the top of the Vista forum area - Next list the Make and Model - Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only post the link) Keep trying with Recuva (and there are several other free programs) but you should be able to get most of the data back - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508336/good-amount-of-documents-and-some-programs-missing/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am thinking of which antivirus and anti-malware programs to get. I can get all of the free programs and McAfee Security Suite. I would rather not pay for protections. I'm thinking of getting two from the lsit of AVG, McAfee, SAS, or Malwarebytes. I had a bad experience with Avira so I'd rather not get it. McAfee is somewhat complicated and I won't be able to scan a certain file/folder so that's a big downside for me. I find SAS to be much better than Malewarebytes, picking up whatever MAM does and even more. So obviously, I'm leaning towards AVG (which I've never tried) and SAS. Do you guys recommend any programs?

A:Good combo of antivirus and antimalware programs

I had a bad experience with AviraClick to expand...

Why is it so ??? And don't use AVG, it is the worst program i have ever seen. Use Avast instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-combo-of-antivirus-and-antimalware-programs.814883/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I'd like to have a usb flash drive backed up automatically every day

The tricky part is that I don't have it plugged in every day.

I'd like the backups to be simple file copies if possible so they can be browsed in explorer and have each day's backup go into a folder called something like %date%flash_drive

If the drive is not plugged in, then the backup would be skipped obviously.

Is there anything out there that can do this?

A:Are there any good USB Flash drive automatic backup programs?

Create a scheduled task to run each day.
Have that task start a batch file.
Put a file named something like back-me-up.txt on each USB drive that you want to backup.

Use code like this in that batch file:

Code:
if exist "z:back-me-up.txt" xcopy z:\*.* %UserProfile%\desktop\USB-FOLDER\*.* /yesvmk
if exist "y:back-me-up.txt" xcopy y:\*.* %UserProfile%\desktop\USB-FOLDER\*.* /yesvmk
pause
You can also read thru what the xcopy switches do. You can remove the pause after you get it working as desired. And you can repeat the code for as many drive letters as you want. There are other ways to deal with each of the drive letters, but this will keep it simple.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/277019-there-any-good-usb-flash-drive-automatic-backup-programs.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good cloud backup programs appropriate for a small business (approximately 20 computers). So far we've looked into CrashPlan PRO and Backblaze, but I was wondering what some other good alternatives would be.

Relevancy 43.43%

I realise that some people, including some OPS here do not feel any registry cleaners or defrags are needed.

However, I was using Auslogics Boostspeed and it had a great registry defrag that seemed to make my PC faster. However, my trial ran out and I cannot pay $50 for it.

Are there any good FREE Vista Registry Defrag programs?

Thank you

A:Are there any good FREE Vista Registry Defrag programs?

UPDATE: I found A program that seem good:

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software...efrag/download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/are-there-any-good-free-vista-registry-defrag-programs-221179.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Anyone know of any good audio editing apps. for free (Besides WavePad and Audacity)

thanks

A:Solved: Anyone Know of Any Good and FREE Audio Editing Programs???

Since those didn't do the trick, tell us what they lack, which will help in recommending others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-anyone-know-of-any-good-and-free-audio-editing-programs.466339/
Relevancy 43.43%

I installed ESET Smart Security last unilaterally ESET you How stop do from deleting good programs? night it immediately began giving me PUA alerts about programs I want to keep Now this morning it gives me a very fleeting notice that it has gone ahead and deleted a perfectly good program called ALL Browsers Memory Zip This stinks I How do you stop ESET from unilaterally deleting good programs? can t imagine how ESET conjures up a notion that this program is a quot threat quot It s obscure but that s no serious criteria for being a quot threat quot It is available on CNET and nsane forums as well as the developer s home page See How do you stop ESET from unilaterally deleting good programs? how on Virus Total only Rising Antivirus flags it and on Jotti only the pathetic false-alarmist Clam AV flags it On both of those scanners ESET passes this program Please tell me how to configure ESET to stop this kind of behavior I m not sure that disabling PUA detection is going to be enough I disabled detection of PUAs and of potentially unsafe applications but left detection of quot suspicious applications quot Can I keep ESET from deleting quot suspicious applications quot without my approval I can t open the quarantine window All I m getting is the quot Rescan files in quarantine after every update quot option See screenshot Where do you go to whitelist programs in ESET I m utilizing the User Guide PDF at http download eset com manuals eset ess userguide enu pdf but it s not much help If I cannot control ESET if it s going to act like my computer belongs to it instead of to me then I m getting rid of it nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-do-you-stop-eset-from-unilaterally-deleting-good-programs.57898/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys, I just got a new laptop and had a simple question. I am new to windows 8 and want to know if anyone has any good good Anti-Virus, Malware, & Spyware programs for windows 8 that are easy to use for novice/intermediate user (mostly novice on window 8)? Laptop came preloaded with Norton Internet Security but I was wondering if there was anything better for window 8?Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Good Anti-Virus, Malware, & Spyware programs?

Malwarebytes

SuperAntiSpyware

There are a number of free antivirus programs, I like Avast, others like AVG, and there's Microsoft Security Essentials.

I would suggest staying away from registry cleaners and other enhancement programs, they are overrated for what they actually will do and can actually be damaging when used improperly.  The usual tools like Disk Defragmenter, Disk Cleanup used on a regular basis will help keep the system running smooth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501750/good-anti-virus-malware-spyware-programs/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey you guys I was wondering if you knew of any good programs to clean up registry from programs that i have uninstalled that wont mess up my registry, i tried using the registry cleaner of Ccleaner, but it messed up my registry before... so any ideas? or should i not mess with my registry at all?

A:Any good programs to clean registry that wont damage it?

I use CCleaner, BUT I check each entry it wants to remove and if in question I don't remove it. If your are not sure then just leave the registry alone.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/184616-any-good-programs-clean-registry-wont-damage.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Been retired for some years.

Made most of my programming career using COBOL, and some Microsoft Visual Basic.

Buying Visual Basic is a bit more than I want to pay just to do some fun type programs.

Anybody have any suggestions for a reasonably priced (one to two hundred bucks) basic programming suite that would let me do some windows xp programming and some sort of cheap data base software.

thanks for your ideas, been out of the business too long to be current

A:Looking for a good low cost basic and compiler for windows programs

You can get the whole suite of Visual Studio Express for free. Here is the Link for VB.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/default.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-good-low-cost-basic-and-compiler-for-windows-programs.495063/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all.

There are some good free antiviruses like avast or avira.

Can i use them with windows 7 firewall together ?

Because i wonder to know if there is a much difference between it and the firewall of internet security programs.

How much good is this firewall ?

Thanks.

A:Is windows 7 firewall good enough, compared to special programs ?

I would recommend AVAST!, running windows firewall on its own will never be enough, it is old and not very effective.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/326538-windows-7-firewall-good-enough-compared-special-programs.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Right now I have McAfee and Malwarebytes anti-malware Although I've used many many programs to try to rid myself of malware such as Ad-aware spybot search and destroy spyware blaster AVG anti-virus AVG anti-spyware windows defender Yes I've heard that's not a good program and Panda to name a few I was told I should get McAfee because it is updated every day rather than free ones like AVG But anti-malware updates programs with Good free this isn't true for either of them in my experience I can go on McAfee and AVG once a day for four days in a row Good anti-malware programs with free updates and it won't have updates for me to download The technician that I PAID to have help me with my system told me the Good anti-malware programs with free updates ones that charge for updates are generally better as they are paid for their services and do a professional job I had to pay for McAfee security center through them I wasn't sure what to think of it She told me she wouldn't couldn't go any further without me downloading a quot good quot anti malware program such as that I wondered if it was something I should have known or she was just Good anti-malware programs with free updates trying to get money out of me I'm not sure what I paid went to her either just to McAfee for me buying the program What I should have done is postponed the session and asked someplace like here before continuing

A:Good anti-malware programs with free updates

Hi

This is a good place to start

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174...ed-115548.html
I've always used free versions and never been infected. Of course, careful surfing habits are essential as well. In general terms, the paid AVs usually have some kind of support line available and they do tend to update ahead of the free versions, but as long as I receive updates then I'm happy. In the above article, you'll also find a link to a site that reviews all major AV programmes - let's you know who is doing best in terms of detection etc - allows you to make an informed choice. While I have never use McAfee I have seen users who say it slows their system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f112/good-anti-malware-programs-with-free-updates-moved-from-virus-trojan-spyware-help-387233.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi There!
My name is Natalie and I have just a few questions about security. I currently have Ad-Aware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, and SuperSpyware on my PC. Is it bad to have that many Spyware Removal programs on my Pc? I also have an out of date version of McAfee (That came with my PC) which I cannot seem to uninstall. Should I just choose one?

Also, I am wondering, what would be the best Antivirus product?

Thank you so much!! BleepingComputer is from heaven!!

Natalie
BusyBeeGirl2008

A:Too Many Spyware Removal Programs/good Antivirus Product?

Hello Natalie,It is wise to have a good selection of anti malware products, but the more you have the slower the system will be. I would describe it as a balancing act between protection and performance.If you want to get rid of mcafee this tool should do the job for you http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx...083&lc=1033For an unbiased look at how AV products perform, http://www.av-comparatives.org/ is a great site. The comparatives will show how these programs stack up against each other.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164076/too-many-spyware-removal-programsgood-antivirus-product/
Relevancy 43.43%

Does anyone know of a good website where someone can enter a URL or the name of a program to see if the site or program is a potential problem or not? For example, one of the members of TSG.com responded to my request for a good desktop calendar by referring me to http://www.wildlife-pictures-online.com/free-desktop-calendar.html. I checked it out and it looks like a good calendar but I wonder it it might contain some nefarious stuff that I don't want or need. Thanks for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-website-to-check-out-programs-re-their-potential-to-be-malware.512093/
Relevancy 43%

I want to get a decent card for my new PC, but I'm not sure which to get. My motherboard is an ASUS P4S800D-X. Here's a link to it.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131527

I have a 3 GHz processor, 2 gigs of RAM, and a 320 gig HD. Any advice?

I was thinking of maybe this one.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814121216

Relevancy 43%

Well I Just Ordered A X850PRO Off Of Newegg For My AGP System...Take A Look

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102606

If You Read The Comments...It States That The Core Clock And Memory Clock Are:

Core Clock : 500
Memory Clock: 1000

Please Leave Comments So I Know If This Card Is Good And If It Is Smart To Unlock The Extra 4 Pipelines...Thanks Guys!

Just0

=D

Relevancy 43%

I plan to do some gaming on my computer, I also wanted to play Crysis, How is this video card?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Single 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon? HD 5870

A:How good is this video card?

Its great, but it will be useless if we don't know your hardware - post a screenshot of HWinfo32's summary screen in my driver's guide - also what PSU do you have? What connectors, amps, and rail's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/55338-how-good-video-card.html
Relevancy 43%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130370
This is the card I plan to buy on friday (payday). It will be the last piece of my new pc.

Heres what I want to ask: Will all this crap actually work? I think i've done my research, but I dont really know if it will.
Also, is there a better video card for me out there?

Here is the rest of my hardware:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130370
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136038
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Relevancy 43%

Not entirely sure if this goes here, but there is no video forum so yeah... Anyway I am recording me playing games (on emulators) but they always get desynchronized. But I found a way around this! A program called "Virtual Dub" It works great but the problem is the original file was 171 MB the new one is 15.3 GB. So that brings me back to the topic title; do you know of a good free video compressor (not a codec a program that compresses already made videos! I have searched google and nothing but codecs came up) ? Any help is extremely appreciated!

A:Know of a good video compressor?

Auto GordianKnot is excellent and free - see link in my signature - allows you to choose:
preset size - suitable sizes for Cd's, Dvd's
quality percentage - this is what I use mostly (set to about 50-60%)
custom size - enter what size you want the file to end up (have to be careful with this one - you may get the size you want but not the quality)
audio settings - best left to max quality (audio doesn't chew up much file size in comparison to video)
codec used - either DivX or Xvid - resulting file will be an .avi
Auto Gordian Knot uses Virtual Dub in its processing.
Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/know-of-a-good-video-compressor-301377.html
Relevancy 43%

Can I get some recommendations on good video cards that are under $100? I was going to buy a Gainward Geforce FX5200 128MB AGP video card for $59.95, but it seems as if forum members are strongly against it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 43%

im thinking of upgrading my video card to this..

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-8...r_2/103-9177629-6841405?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

how good is this video card etc.

A:How good is this video card.

That's an awesome video chipset; however, I'd get this card instead. It's only about $14 or $15 more expensive, and I'd rather get an eVGA, cuz I'm not sure if PNY's that great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-good-is-this-video-card.70226/
Relevancy 43%

Hey, i can't decide on whihc one to pick, cause i have no knowledge of which is the best one. Please help me pick a video card on the list (look down for the link) which is AGP and is the best for gaming. (less than 60 bucks, but if u see one that's a lil over 60, tell me)

Here's the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=list&SubCategory=48&Type=OPENBOX

Thanks!

Relevancy 43%

i have a lot of video clips in Good ? Video Compression Very my computer and quite familiar with the format and size Still i just realized that some of my videos are very small in size most of my video clips are in mpg format two of the videos are different and these two are the small sized ones most of the mpg files are about mb and the two of them don t even reach mb that s a very good compression i would say how did this happen the quality of the videos don t differ Very Good Video Compression ? much btw and there s this one time i downloaded a compressed file with a video file inside video file about hacking yahoo or something you don t wanna know i downloaded the mb file or about that size don t really remember then when i opened it was more than mb the extracting took quite some time but that s worth it saved up lots of space how do i do what these people do

A:Very Good Video Compression ?

Right click the video file before decompressing it, or even better download Gspot here and you can find out the compression. I am a bit weary downloading these files since nobody knows what is in it compressed..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79709/very-good-video-compression/
Relevancy 43%

can u guys give me names of good, brand name video splitters? i don't want no-name junk like avi splitter.

A:good video splitter

I use vegas 4
the newer one vegas 6+dvd is supposed to be better
I have tried sonic it eats up my machine
ulead movie factory all my friends have it ,but I can't get it to run right
another one I use is mainconcept mpg encoder
TMPGEnc has never failed me converts pal to ntsc
plus has great demux utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-video-splitter.40221/
Relevancy 43%

Any good editors which can do effects and such? like windows media player but BETTER. willing to buy if its good.

A:Good video editor?

Check out the products from http://www.pinnaclesys.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17785/good-video-editor/
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone i have a Nvidia2 mx 200. Is this a good video card? will it run alright pc games like warcraft, battlefield, counterstrike? I like detail so what do you think of this video card.

A:Is this a good video card??

Yeah, that's a great card!

FOR 5 YEARS AGO!

You definately need a new card. It will probably run battlefield, but not battlefield 2. And It won't run any new games. Let me know if your looking for a new card, and I'll help you out!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-video-card.44810/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, all! Would anybody know of a good (freeware) video converter? I need to convert some .mpg files to .wmv. My compy will only play .mpg files in Windows Media Player, and I prefer Winamp. Plus, I like using Windows Movie Maker to make movies, and the .mpg files don't play correctly in WMM (you can't see the video, only hear the audio!). Any input? As long as its free (of payment and spyware), and can process .mpg and convert to .wmv, I have no particular preference.

I have Win XP Home SP2. Thanks in advance!!

A:Need A Good Video Converter

Have you checked.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47060/need-a-good-video-converter/