Windows Support Forum

DVD-RAM Drive wont burn cd's anymore

Q: DVD-RAM Drive wont burn cd's anymore

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM SW 95735, I have burned many cds buy using windows drag and drop utility. Now when I try it tells me there is no disk in the drive. Also it no longer shows cd record tab under properties and under the registry it dosn't show it as a DVD/CDR drive, but it used to. I have installed a new firmware, unistalled, reinstalled. It will still write to the ram with no problem but this problem has me and my friend totally at a loss. Please HELP!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD-RAM Drive wont burn cd's anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

It won't burn anymore. The past 3 dvd's i tried burning. I know I'm doing it right, I've done this a million times, there is something wrong with the drive or something (not wrong with me). I'm burning an ISO. I've tried using Nero 7 Ultra ISO burner and DVD Decrypter to burn. Nero errors out and Decrypter just sits there at 0% with 100% buffer.
The ISO is no longer protected, so it burned correctly. If I burn it on another computer, it works fine.

A:DVD burner wont' burn anymore

Some things you can try:If you recently installed some burning software, uninstall it.Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.Use a different brand of CD/DVD.Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits (or if it is a laptop, carefully wipe the laser with a soft dry cloth).Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272646/dvd-burner-wont-burn-anymore/
Relevancy 78.26%

hey, usually i use windows media player to burn my cds but for the past few months it always tells me to insert a new cd even when i put brand new cds into it, it says the same thing, i dont know why it just stopped recognizes the cds.

A:my Computer wont burn cds anymore

Welcome to TSF....

Are you using Roxio Easy cd creator?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-burn-cds-anymore-277553.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey everyone This post is in regards to a SATA drive I have Its worked fine I have other similar SATA Hard drives no problems with my ASUS K VE Deluxe Mobo Anyways I was trying to burn a video file trying it anymore Hard DVD file not detected Drive to Burn from after to a DVD-R using the DivxToDVD program and a few Hard Drive not detected anymore after trying to Burn DVD file from it minutes of it the blue screen of death came up and I don t even remember what it said but it was the typical exception error yada yada So I rebooted and the drive the video file was being burned from Drive quot G quot wasn t detected the shortcut on my desktop showed a question mark over the icon I clicked it and now it says quot The drive or network connection that the shortcut Drive G Ink refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again quot I rebooted twice since then and its the same issue I even tried downloading the program quot Recover my files quot but it detects everything except Drive G I don t know if there s a way to get back into it either in safe mode or just using a program or something I m desperate here because I had a bunch of files held on the drive Thanks for your time -Tim nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

i had an issue where my pc wasnt recognizing my e drive which is the drive i burn cd drive cds wont burn cds from i found a post on here that told me how to correct that problem and it worked but the drive still wont burn any cds the error i get when i burn a cd is -Windows Media Player encountered an error while cd drive wont burn cds burning Verify that the burner is connected properly and that cd drive wont burn cds the disc is clean and not damaged i have tried every solution i can find even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers nothing seems to fix this it just stopped working one day i ran a registry cleaner too and came up with alot of errors which i corrected with the registry software now i come up with no errors when i run a scan device manager says e drive is working properly going crazy trying to fix this my pc info is as follows dell intel celeron email protected gb ram -bit OS windows vista home basic service pack nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a PIONEER DVD RW DVR-IO6D and it is now refusing to burn it makes a noise like it is trying to spin up and then i get the failed to burn message. It reads and plays discs perfectly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
moose69

Relevancy 64.93%

my CD drive will not burn any CD, it reads them ok when i put in an audio cd or a driver CD but everytime i try to burn something it fails. Is is very loud when tryin to do this and seems to be reving up and stoppin before it spits out the CD. I have tried burning with Nero, what i always use and also tried WMP and got the same result. Could the disk drive be broke?? is there a command i can run in cmd maybe like chkdsk to check it??

A:CD Drive wont burn CDs

Type trouble shooter in start menu Search bar. Then click on "Find and Fix problems".

Intop Snip.
Check mark box all the way at bottom toward left side "Get the most up to date".
Then Click View all - I circled below in yellow.

Bottom Snip highlighted in blue click Playing and Burning.
Then follow prompts in next windows that come up as needed.

Never used it myself for your problem. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/203834-cd-drive-wont-burn-cds.html
Relevancy 64.07%

This problem has affected my brothers comp as well, since we both started using Memorex disk?s to burn data and video?s both our drives refuse to burn anymore, (even my dad says his recordable dvd player cant get on with them) it wont work/burn through windows movie maker, Nero 6 and 9, and a few different free burner programmes downloaded from the net, we?ve even gone back to using disk?s that were previously fine, but still no joy
It keeps burn failing at around 50% and spitting the disk out,

Is there a way to sort this, easily, if not I?ll have to ditch the comp, as I?ve been having other problems of late,

Thanks in advance

ATVB
Steve

A:My dvd/cd drive wont burn to disk...

steve,

i have had similar issues with my dell laptops.....buring discs would always start but fail or actually finish but the data couldn't be read.....i updated the firmware for the particular drive and it has fixed them all....if you haven't already, i would certainly try this before trashing your pc....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179530/my-dvdcd-drive-wont-burn-to-disk/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello, I have an Asus N53S laptop, and im having issues with my DVDROM, its a Slimtype BD E DS4E1S. Just recently when trying to back up some data i got a message while using DVD Author Plus, that the "Seleced CD/DVD drive has been disconnected." I tried using other various programs such as Express Burn, and the built iin burning tools through Windows and would get other error messages. I found a Firmware update through Asus' website and that fixed the problem for one more burn, but now its back to the same old errors. I have no problem reading discs of every kind, but writing just isent working. Through the device manager every says its working fine. Im running Windows 7, 64 bit, service pack 1.

A:DVD drive will read, but wont write anymore.

Just to put you right, it's not a DVD-ROM drive, it's a DVD-R R/W drive with Blu-Ray reading capability.
A DVD-ROM drive, by definition, cannot write to anything, it just reads CD-ROM & DVD-ROM discs (ROM = Read Only Memory).

Device Manager is a very useful tool but it's not very clever at knowing when a device is physically broken, as I suspect your drive is. Provided the drive is connected up properly, will turn on, & has it's driver installed, Device Manager will be blissfully ignorant and tell you "This device is working properly" even when the device has an internal fault.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-will-read-but-wont-write-anymore.1046696/
Relevancy 63.64%

Not sure what i may have done wrong. I have an Intel that runs xp professional. kinda older desktop that only had a readable drive so i got a burnable drive for it and added it as the master while the readable is the slave. they both Will read cd to listen to music or play games but when i tried to burn dell drivers off net that i desperately need for my laptop then it goes thru all the motions that it is working but when you check the cd or dvd (tried both) then it says its a blank disk. any suggestions?

A:Installed new dvd/cd drive reads but wont burn?

What software are you using to attempt the burn?

What steps did you take to attempt the burn of the drivers? Have you tied to burn any files which are stored on your hard drive?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450678/installed-new-dvdcd-drive-reads-but-wont-burn/
Relevancy 62.78%

How do i fix this?

I added my specs, just in case it helps. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 447 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76216 MB, Free - 64321 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Kelut , 2.02, MB-1234567890
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated and Enabled

A:My SD Drive doesn't work anymore and one of my usb drives wont read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sd-drive-doesnt-work-anymore-and-one-of-my-usb-drives-wont-read.971832/
Relevancy 62.35%

hi all, not an expert in computers but ill try my best to explain

i have a problem with my dvd/cd burner.

it plays dvds fine, but when i try to play or burn a cd, it savs no disk in drive or please insert disk.

its a LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S

i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but it didnt do anything.

i tried the troubleshooter, but it only has the option of 'reads cds but not dvds'

can anyone help me with the problem?? id really appreciate any help.

btw, it a tower not a laptop, and its about 12 months old

Relevancy 61.49%

I copy "My Doc" excel files and try to paste them to E drive folder to be burned onto a CD The files will not paste to E drive folder.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3884 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1718 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 588476 MB, Free - 524956 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., U52F
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Solved: Can't drag files to Drive E: to burn. Wont paste to E folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-drag-files-to-drive-e-to-burn-wont-paste-to-e-folder.1076865/
Relevancy 58.91%

could you please tell me why my computer will not burn cd's anymore

A:cant burn cd's anymore

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Could you please look this over
http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...formation.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-burn-cds-anymore-183476.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I used to be able to burn CDs just fine, and all of a sudden I wasn't able to anymore.
In windows media it says "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
Ahh, help!

Relevancy 58.91%

Please help me get my computer working correctly Whenever I try to burn a cd on my cd drive using nero I get an error message right before the drive begins burning the burn anymore CD cant cd saying that the drive is being used by another application Below is the nero error log these are my girls songs I also included a hijackthis log below the nero log In addition when I turn my computer off and restart it my motorola surfboard modem cant burn CD anymore loses its drivers and needs to be reinstalled inorder to access the internet I have it connected through a usb cable and my isp is optimum online About weeks ago i got an Ipod nano and ever since I installed it along with Itunes I ve had all sorts of issues Pete P p c A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B gt Version C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral IC L AVV - atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B atapi Port ID DMA On AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby - - Cool mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Black Eyed Peas - Pump It mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Queen - Somebody To Love mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Karma mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Eve - Beautiful Oblivion mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Beach Boys - Wouldn t It Be Nice mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Beach Boys - Good Vibrations mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Natasha Bedingfield - These Words mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Natasha Benningfield- Unwritten mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Alicia Keys- If I Aint Got You mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Shakira - Whenever Wherever mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Shakira ft Wyclef Jean- Hips Don t Lie MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Rihanna- SOS Rescue Me mp Total size PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Buffer Underrun Protection activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up mp indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B TRM AUDIO NOPRE Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby - - Cool mp indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B TRM AUDIO NOPRE - Black E... Read more

A:cant burn CD anymore

Have you tried disabling XP's built-in burning capabilty? I found this on a search:
The problem is then isolated to Windows XP's IMAPI service, which is used for managing CD imaging (ie. burning). Setting it to Manual was not enough, which I had set before. Setting it to Disable got rid of this problem. After that, it was smooth sailing with Nero 6.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-cd-anymore.463760/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop on Windows XP Media Centre Edition Lately burning DVD s CD s is increasingly failing to the point now its near of the time With Burn burn anymore CD/DVD's Cant at once Cant burn CD/DVD's anymore ashampoo it usually says its burnt but theres nothing on the CD With Nero I get a more full message which follows Any tests troubleshooting tips things to run etc please do help me out I m noting this in hardware as its not software specific actually really the laptop has an issue with burning and also the below Nero report says theres a power calibration error yakiki C Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created NT-SPTI used Nero Version Nero Express Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral HTS M AT atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S atapi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled CD-ROM ISO Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE Text File Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Buffer underrun protection activated Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-At-Once using CD-R RW media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S for write in TAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep - lead-in x x - x x x x lead-out x x Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Removed run-out blocks from end of track Length - gt Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File MMC cpp Line Set BUFE Buffer underrun protection - gt ON SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A E Sense Area xF FF FF FF A A Buffer x Len x xC E AE F F A AA A C x F E CE AE x D BD E C F BE FD AB CDR - File Writer cpp Line Power calibration e... Read more

A:Cant burn CD/DVD's anymore

Power calibration errors are generally a sign of poor or incompatable media, however it could also be that you are trying to write to the media too fast.

I note it's CD-RW media according to the log, at 8x speed. That is the absolute maximum (8x) for the drive using CD-RW, not a good test.

Try lower speeds, it appears that you have also deselected the maximum speed sensing, that could prevent writing too fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-cd-dvds-anymore.451167/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I tried to burn a disc last night through windows media player and it keeps saying to connect a burn device.
I only burned a disc last week and it was working fine then so cannot understand why its saying that

Ive even tried to do it through iTunes thinking it was something to do with the media player but that wont work either! That looks like it's going to do it and says its writing the 1st song, then it cancels it and ejects the disc!

Any idea whats going on??

A:Solved: Cannot burn anymore!!

See if anything here helps: http://www.ehow.com/about_5449078_wont-windows-media-player-burn.html

Also, you should consider using dedicated burning software rather than using a media player to do that job.
Dedicated burning software often works when the media player method doesn't.

Contrary to what some people might think, you don't have to use a media player to burn music to CD/DVD.
In fact, doing it with a media player is a bad idea - but many people use that method because WMP and iTunes are already installed so it saves them having to install anything else.

You don't necessarily have to buy burning software (though they are usually better than the free ones). Some free ones here:

BurnAware: http://www.burnaware.com/
CDBurnerXP: http://cdburnerxp.se/ (despite it's name, it's not just for Windows XP).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-burn-anymore.1050742/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a windows 8 laptop. It's a few years old. It has always worked great until recently. I cannot burn DVDs or CDs anymore. It plays them fine. It's a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-B08AB drive. When I look at the driver it says Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details. It says the driver has the current software. If I'm trying to burn a cd sometimes it will burn around half of the songs and then say there's an error. Sometimes it plays those songs and sometimes it doesn't. It did let me make a Blueray DVD once recently that played fine but nothing since then. I've tried multiple programs for burning a DVD or CD and no luck so far. Are there any programs that would clash with the drive? Any suggestions?

A:Can't burn DVDs or CDs anymore

When I look at the driver it says Windows did not start a related device driver.

If you right click the device in Device Manager->General tab. What is the device status? Is it working or is there an error code number?

Download and run Filter Load Order Tool. Select your drive. Click Clipboard the paste the result into next post

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70951-cant-burn-dvds-cds-anymore.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've burned DVD's on my laptop in the past, but now it won't burn onto DVD's anymore. I go through the steps, as usual with Nero, but nothing shows up on the disc afterwards. It does burn photos to CD-R's, but won't on DVD-R's. When I put a blanc DVD-R in the drive, it doesn't see it. It will play DVD's but the audio is jumpy and cuts out, for a split second, every few seconds. The audio seems to act like it's stopping for a milisecond, but it is not noticeable with the visual.

Does this sound like it's missing drivers or has a software problem or a hardware problem?

Can anyone help with this?

Relevancy 58.05%

I m guessing it s more of a software problem than a hardware one so I put this in SOFTWARE PROBLEMS instead And I m also pretty sure I did it too I have a Dell WinXP SP and the burner is an NES ND- A CD broke anymore It CD/DVD/RW- my burn won't I DVD RW Yesterday I burned some CD s with MS MediaPlayer It worked just fine Afterward I was going through the Control Panel and thought I would I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore get rid of any programs I never or hardly used to free up some HDD space The only thing I could find that I never use was the Music Match Player I ve never used it once the whole years I ve had this computer so I baleeted it I ve always used either MS MediaPlayer or VLC Player for watching and listening to stuff So poof dummy me removed it from my Control Panel s Add Remove Programs list Now fast forward to today I went to make some more music CD s and my Media Player had a brain fart I put the disk in the drawer and waited for MP to read how many minutes were remaining on the disk so I could burn songs onto it It gave me a quot Connect a burner and restart the player quot announcement at the top instead of the usual Time Remaining on Disk display Also when I click My Computer instead of showing it as the usual single CD DVD-RW D drive letter designation on it it s now showing TWO separate drives named CD Drive D and a second CD I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore Drive E I only have the one burner on it tho The Music Match player was I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore the only thing I did to it but why would removing a music player affect the burning capabilities of the CD DVD-RW drive Aren t those drivers stored somewhere else like the System folder so that all programs can access them to make the burner work I ve reinstalled Media Player on it thinking maybe it would install a new burner driver with it but even after doing that the drive still won t burn anything and MP still gives the Connect a Burner announcement Any suggestions on how to correct it to make the burner function once again Thanks ahead of time wink

A:I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore

Just a quick follow up to my problem. I tried a lot of different remedies suggested by people in different forums to no avail. Nothing would make my comp read the drive as a burner. I even went to Roxio's Help Pages and tried some of their cures for the problem, but my comp still wouldn't read my CD/DVD/RW as a burner. Hell, I couldn't even use Defragment anymore it was so messed up from old virus attacks.By chance yesterday I was Googling for something totally unrelated and came across an easy cure. I knew my Windows files had to have been either corrupted or deleted by past virus attacks which was my main problem. I was reading some info about a particular virus when I saw the article mention you could use the built-in System File Checker to repair corrupted or missing protected System files. You just open the Command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and windows will scan through the Windows folder and fix or repair the bad files. I now have my burner back once more. I was kinda disheartened that this got no replies, but I thought I'd still post a follow up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239797/i-broke-my-cddvdrw-it-wont-burn-anymore/
Relevancy 58.05%

For over a year the Nero 9 burner worked a treat. Now it will only burn musical CD's not video discs. I've tried different brands of discs and they do work better than the TDK but it is still problematic. Any advice is welcome.

Tony C

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70935 MB, Free - 21068 MB; D: Total - 67352 MB, Free - 52474 MB; G: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 552933 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Chapala
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 58.05%

hello,
I am new to this site and am very thankful to have a place to ask questions. When trying to burn pictures to a CD we gat a message that "a suitable device was not detected". We have had this computer about 3 years (DELL) and have been able to burn pictures until about 6 monthes ago. Any suggestions? Once again we are so grateful that we have this site to look at. We have learned so much in just a couple days.

A:cant burn pictures anymore

Hello have you checked in device manager for any yellow or red symbols

Control panel /system/ hardware/
if you have please post back the results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-pictures-anymore.562321/
Relevancy 58.05%

help I can t burn DVD s anymore with my TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L A It used to work fine and it still reads DVD s but after I burn DVD s cd's does DVD burn burner anymore! not with Alcochol and everything seems to DVD burner does not burn cd's anymore! go well it even says everything got burned I put the CD again DVD burner does not burn cd's anymore! into the drive and it shows that the DVD is empty Nothing has burned on it though it showed progress bar during burning and i got the message that everything was completed succesfully So the DVD drive does everything reads Cd s dvd s seems to write on them but doesn t actually What could be wrong Plz help i desperately need to burn DVD s for work but cannot seem to find a solution One thing which culd be wrong is that a few weeks ago the slot for my headphones just stopped working suddenly I still get sound on my laptop but not via my earphones Could there have been some problem with the motherboard that also affected the DVD burner or is that improbable Thanks for the advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-does-not-burn-cds-anymore.884183/
Relevancy 57.62%

All of the sudden I can't burn DVDs anymore. I can still watch DVDs on my PC, I can still burn music CDs, but when I burn a DVD I get a long list of errors which ends with

[17:30:25] <---MT---> 5:30:23 PM #25 TRANSFER -27 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1799
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Could not perform start of Disc-at-once
[17:30:25] <---MT--->
[17:30:25] <---MT---> 5:30:23 PM #26 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 278
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
[17:30:25] <---MT--->
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Existing drivers:
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Registry Keys:
[17:30:25] <---MT---> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

Can someone please help me....I use Nero if that matters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-all-of-the-sudden-cant-burn-dvds-anymore.512730/
Relevancy 57.62%

hello ,

i had winxp workin very fine with nero on my plextor 24x , today after a week , i have noticed that i cannot burn cd's any more properly , i mean , when comp is restarted and a cd is bunred , it's burned properly , after that if any cd is 2 be burned , after 100% when nero is closin the cd , i get an fixation error , any ideaz guys why this happens ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doenst-let-nero-burn-cd-anymore.114944/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a problem with my cd rom , as in I cannot burn a cd, but it DOES read it, and uploading pics with my card reader as I have always done. I am thinking that something may have been deleted that shouldn't have. I would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks and have a great night!

Debbie

A:Cannot upload pics or burn a cd anymore..

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-upload-pics-or-burn-a-cd-anymore.977245/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi i´ve been burning audio cd´s for quite a while, with no probs, but now whenever i try to burn audio cd, all i get is an error, no explanation or nothing, tried in other progs, but still error, i can burn a divx x disc through divx player fine, but why not audio on anything, seems strange, other day i lost drive all together, but got it back by deleting lowerfilter.bak entry, as was advised, i am using vista and laptop is acer aspire 3690 drive is hl-dt-st dvdram gsa t20n, standard, not sure what to do whether to uninstall, i am noob at this stuff, so will it re-istall after reboot, any help would be most apprieciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-won%C2%B4t-it-burn-anymore-error.670260/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop and never had any problems burning DVDs CDs before. Now it is just stopped burning anything. It reads boths DVDs and CD and I have no problems in playing them It also recognizes blank discs but when I try to burn them tghe driver will eject the disc and say the burn failed or give different error messages. Sometimes aftre trying to burn a disc a couple of times the driver freezes and will only open so I can get the blank disc out if I reboot the computer. I have 1ClickDVD Copy Pro, Copy to DVD and DIVx player and all of them show the same problem. I have already re-installed the driver and the problem still persists. The driver is DVD RW DW-Q58A Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-driver-does-not-burn-discs-anymore.628158/
Relevancy 56.76%

All of a sudden when I view the folder that my .ISO file is in I get a Windows Explorer error, I tried deleting it and the error doesn't show up anymore. I put the image on my computer again and same error shows up, it's the error where it just asks if you want to send the report to Windows..

It's weird, I don't know whats going on but it's getting pretty annoying. When I try to burn the image the same error message pops up. I've tried this with different types of .iso files and burning programs.. so .. does anyone know whats wrong? I thought it was a spyware problem so I ran Adaware and Spybot and still no luck..

Any help would do, Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Windows Media works just fine but for some reason isn t importing all of my new iTunes songs into the library so the point is sort of moot Any help would be appreciated Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ Notebook PC iTunes QuickTime FairPlay Apple Application Support iPod Updater Library d CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device CD's (error anymore!! 4500) won't burn iTunes Apple Mobile Device Driver not found Bonjour iTunes Serial Number BC Current user is not an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode Video Display Information NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce M G External Plug-ins Information No external plug-ins installed Genius ID ce f be f ea bcdc iPodService is currently running iTunesHelper is currently running Apple Mobile Device service is currently running CD DVD Drive Tests No drivers in LowerFilters UpperFilters GEARAspiWDM E Slimtype DVD A DS A S-A Rev H Audio CD in drive Found songs on CD playing time on CDROM media Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Audio CD reading succeeded Get drive speed succeeded The drive CDR speeds are The drive CDRW speeds are iTunes won't burn CD's anymore!! (error 4500) The drive DVDR speeds are The drive DVDRW speeds are The last failed audio CD burn had error code x It happened on drive E Slimtype DVD A DS A S-A on CDR media at speed X nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-wont-burn-cds-anymore-error-4500.929895/
Relevancy 56.76%

Someone help please I m not that new to the game but I have come across one that has stumped me for quite a few days now I cannot copy music mp to audio cd or data files with my burner I know the burner works because it still allows me to back up my movies For the movie back-ups I use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the back ground DVD Shink uses Nero as the burning software but whenever I try to use just Nero or Windows XP or WMP to burn music all I get is a bunch of error ridden coasters WMP goes through the whole motions Tells me my files are quot ready to burn quot Then when I click on quot burn quot it inspects converts everything then it burns the first song but as soon as it jumps to the next one it tells me quot closing quot and it closes the rest of the songs I have files Burn Music or anymore Data Can't tried the songs in differnt oreder and even put a whole new list of songs on but still the same thing happens Nero goes to about on the Can't Burn Music or Data files anymore burn and then I get quot Burn process failed at XXXX quot I have tried WinAmp same end result nothing I have used converters to convert mp to wma prior to burn but still the same result coaster My Burner is set as the recordable device under its properties I have tried several different types of CD-R I have always used Memorex and have not had a problem until now I have been all through the options of WMP and as far as I can tell it all looks good I have re-installed Nero WMP and WinAmp a couple of times each I have tried some new codecs but to be honest I am not even sure which ones I should have Could there be a setting that I am just overlooking Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Dell P AOPEN x burner Windows XP Pro gig HD over half still free nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have gb external drive I don't mind using the external drive to burn the system image on as i barely ever use it and yes it still works However I worry about system image being re written by virus burn messag or to Question to System burn cds? image in external drive should i ever get a virus spyware malware ect on my external drive and then the viruses re enters my system everytime System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag i use the system image The whole point of even me using the system image would be in the event i get a virus and i just can't rid of it or I just really wanna be sure its gone So i use the system image to delete everything and restore only what was on the system image So my question is do you think if be the safer bet to just store the system image on none-rewritable cds Perhaps this is not very convenient as i would need more than probably cds but would it be safer and would it let me install it on more than cd I think the system image is about gbs So i may need up to cds to store gbs each going from part to part Is it going to let me do that Oh and i just might make a back up on my external drive as just as emergency back up in the given case one or all my cds don't fully work or should one out of ever fail

A:System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag

Hello Trent,

It would be best to create the system image on a HDD instead. A CD/DVD is less reliable to restore from, and more expensive for how many you would need.

You can do what's in the NOTE box at the top of the tutorial below to keep multiple copies of system images on the same HDD. This way you can create a system image backup that you know is clean, rename the backup folder to keep it so new system images will not replace it. Just repeat this every so often to have a updated system image that you know is clean.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/117428-system-image-burn-external-drive-burn-cds-question-messag.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys This may be a confusing post to read I know it is to write after having all these problems for months anymore, Problems - Audio Tons Cannot Skips, Recording of etc CD's/DVD's burn but I m wondering if anyone here would have any input or suggestions It Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc all started off when audio would Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc have skips in it while recording from the line in on the soundcard or when doing a live radio broadcast over the internet I had a Sound Blaster Augidy Platinum which I thought would be a good card I called Creative a few times but their suggestions were already done I already had the latest drivers I had DMA turned on on my hard Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc drives etc etc I decided to take the Creative card out and try the onboard sound No change The skipping still happens Now this isn t some old slow computer It s a few month old AMD with a gig of ram The motherboard is a Giga-Byte K NS Pro All of a sudden one day I tried to burn a DVD and couldn t It kept saying quot Illegal Disc quot before it even started I figured it was a single bad disc because the other ones in the same pack worked the week before So I went to two different Wal-Marts trying to return that single disc in exchange for a new one Neither location had any RW s so I couldn t exchange it I bought a pack of DVD R just to try those because I needed to get that DVD burned I came back and tried It kept saying quot Illegal Disc quot just like before I had now used up of the DVD s in the pack I tried a rd and it started to burn but then failed at or so I thought to try a th Here are the errors from those tries PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x C Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x B x x x x x x x Sense Data xF x x x x x xB x x x x x x C x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Write error PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Text File DVDR cpp Line EndDAO Last written address was PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Start formatting disc before burning PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Formatting disc was successful PM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x FE Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x x x x x x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x x x x x x x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Illegal disc PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand I gave up for that night but the next day I needed to burn a CD That failed as well PM Text File Mmc cpp Line Set BUFE Buffer underrun protection - gt ON PM Text File Mmc cpp Line CueData Len a a e b e d d c e aa c PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x BA Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY HARDWARE ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x xCC x x x x B x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x A x x x x x x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Focus or tracking error PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand I posted around on some other boards and they suggested several things like bad burner bad memory etc Here is what I have done so far to troubleshoot this - R... Read more

A:Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc

Okay, I was just looking in Event Viewer to try to find a problem related to another application (randomly freezing and using up 100% CPU). I couldn't find anything on that problem, but I see several things in "System" related to "cdrom". Here are some:

I see several of these:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdrom
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 12:16:19 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MKPAMD64
Description:
The device, \Device\CdRom4, has a bad block.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

A couple of these:

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 11
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 9:02:31 PM
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And a few of these:

Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 51
Date: 5/14/2005
Time: 12:29:27 AM
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.

Thanks.

-Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tons-of-problems-cannot-burn-cds-dvds-anymore-recording-audio-skips-etc.369134/
Relevancy 50.74%

Bought new computer hp sucks Acidently uninstalled my NAV But it Didnt remove all the stuff from it i keep getting acess denied when i try to Help Nobody Anymore? Me Why Wont kill a process from process explorer i have some winnit exe on this thing and launcher exe and i read they was both bad cant remove them and plus my streaming video buffers to long wont play smoothly remeber new computer two weeks old and no one seems to help no more I jus want to be happy Heres a hijack log but if someone dose help my processer explore program shows Why Wont Nobody Help Me Anymore? so many more processes and some reason it jump around cpu usage to to everynow and again oh and this computer didnt come with no recovery disk some monitor driver disk hers a my specs if u need them http forums techguy org windows-vista -new-computer-need-help html i am installin NAV right now EDITED Welp never mind isnt compatiable with my windows Scan saved Why Wont Nobody Help Me Anymore? at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Alltel WindstreamTrayApp exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users CraigThePistol Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toggle com index php rvs hompag R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateReg quot C Windows system jureg exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Alltel McciTrayApp C Program Files Alltel WindstreamTrayApp exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - ... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

i cant get avg to update anymore, it just says my connection has timed out straight away, i have tried switching off my firewall and it didn't help any ideas?

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm using windows xp and the other day i tried installing NAV from a cd ,well i figured nothing was loading so i tried a few other software cds and nothing will load ,I have to end up going to my computer then clicking on the D drive any idea why stuff just stopped loading

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey, i have a really old Tiny desktop with windows 98, about 2 months ago i decided to reformat it, i did pretty well and the monitor was displaying fine, i then left it alone for about a month (exams), but now i have come back to finish reformatting it only to find the vdu won't display anymore when i plug the vga in, the light on the vdu turns amber but when i take it out or plug it into my laptop it turns green and displays. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:VDU wont display anymore

also iv noticed even when the power supply isn't in the desktop and it isn't switched on, when i plug in the vga the vdu goes to amber which i think means its on standby or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vdu-wont-display-anymore.129664/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have been using Windows Speech Recognition for about a year While I find it to be more fun than practical I have Listen To My Anymore PC Wont Me put a lot of time into teaching it my voice and getting it to respond to my commands All of a sudden it has stopped working I have searched the Internet for a solution and can't find one Several people have entered posts citing their problems with WSR My PC Wont Listen To Me Anymore and the errors they get when trying to use it My problem is different I can't get WSR to launch at all When I click on it the quot little wheel quot goes around for a second or two and then nothing My microphone and speakers are working fine Can WSR become broken Can it be replaced Are there any settings I may have accidentally changed that I need to put back the way they were WSR has become almost a friend a personality for my computer and I miss it Any help will be appreciated Likekinds

A:My PC Wont Listen To Me Anymore

Hi likekinds. . .

Welcome back to TSF.

I haven't used this option, but there have reports involving various devices that have just stopped functioning. I don't know if your's is one of them or not. For me it is my mouse pad, others it is DVD, sound, etc...

Try running the system file check/repair utility -

START | type cmd.exe in the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as Admin.

At the command prompt type the following:

sfc /scannow

regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-pc-wont-listen-to-me-anymore-243740.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys Today I recently watched a video and it was saying to record with your nvdia gpu in fps without ruining gaming experience you use shadow play I enabled shadow play and then minutes later my BOOT PLZ WONT ANYMORE HELP MY PC pc crashed and restarted it self I said ok no problem It then says starting windows and then boots into a black screen I can see my mouse cursor seconds later the screen goes grey seconds later the screen says no input found and my monitor turns off seconds later my pc restarts again This problem has never happened until I enabled shadow play I can MY PC WONT BOOT ANYMORE HELP PLZ boot up in safe mode which Im in now but I can't open nvdia to disable shadow play I tried uninstall nvdia geforece experience but MY PC WONT BOOT ANYMORE HELP PLZ with no luck its still happening I've tried restoring my pc MY PC WONT BOOT ANYMORE HELP PLZ Should I fully uninstall my graphics driver or is that not the cause I don't know how to find crash logs PLease someone help me Kind regards Ahmed

A:MY PC WONT BOOT ANYMORE HELP PLZ

SOLVED: drivers screwed it up. full uninstall fixed it. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563263/my-pc-wont-boot-anymore-help-plz/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ive been playing COH for 1, 2 years? Just today i clicked to play and it said

"Failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Company of Heroes. Verify that DirectX is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system."

I wont tell you the whole story, but i had this issue with drivers and i solved it eventually but im 60% sure i dont have the latest direct x driver but dont tell me "update it" because it makes my comp all poopy, doesnt work, and the one im using runs COH fine.... It just happened today... Help Plz.. FAST

A:COH wont start anymore?

hello ,

did you update thru this link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

now this is for preveious versions of direct x

hope it helps

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/coh-wont-start-anymore-223500.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My Internet explorer 6 wont work any more. Instead whenever I try to fire it up it comes back with an error message "the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000005).Click on OK to terminate the application" If I start in safe mode it works ok. I reinstalled windows 2000 and it rolls back to IE5 which will work ok. As soon as I reinstall IE6 up comes the error message again. A trawl through the net shows that the error message is not confined to problems with IE6 but can affect other packages. Can anyone help?

A:Ie6 wont work anymore

Here's a link for How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie6-wont-work-anymore.428694/
Relevancy 50.31%

my lil bro was tryin to install wc2 and he for sum reason thought that to do that u needed to uninstall starcraft. It was running fine before w/ no lag or anything but when i try to play it by puttin in the CD my comp keeps freezing. it unfreezes for a lil bit but when i click on sumthing after that it freezes again. I finally got to the task manager and ended the task along w/ all the other processes that werent necessary i had running. Then my comp worked again but when i went to programs under the start bar it said that my sc was installed already, but when i clicked on it the "searching" window w/ the flashlight thingy came up. that went on for a while but i got nuthin.
can any1 tell me the problem
thats the only game i can run other than CS 1.5 on my pitiful comp.

A:starcraft wont run anymore

When you say "it said that my sc was installed already", do you mean that the icons for SC were in your start menu\programs? Because even if thoes icons are there it doesnt mean the program is installed. You, or someone, could have manually removed SC from your C: dive and that would not have deleted the files in your start menu\programs.

Your computer freezes when you put in your SC CD in because your CD-Rom dive might be getting old and the laser can not read the disc anymore.I cant be certain about this but its an idea.

If you do get your cd dirve to read the disc try reinstalling SC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/starcraft-wont-run-anymore.202946/
Relevancy 50.31%

My vista laptop wont boot

When I press the power on button, I get the post check and then it restarts and just keeps doing the same cycle

When I put my vista disc in and boot from disc, the moving green bar comes up on the bottom, the hard drive light stays on but it never loads.
I cannot get into the F8 menu

Last night it was booting diffrent. It would do the post check then come up with the 'Windows cannot start screen' and give the option to repair or start windows normally. No matter which one I pressed, the computer would restart and bring the 'windows cannot start screen' again in a constant cycle.

Help needed urgently

Ps - Is there anyway of forcing a system restore?

A:Wont boot anymore

What is the make and model of this computer?

What kind of disc did you use,eg installation disc?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487367/wont-boot-anymore/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am running XP pro and the integrated cd burning ability has never worked. As a result I have been using Nero, Roxio and WMP. I have the earliest version of XP pro but have done all the updates to no available.I also own 2 different burners so I know the hardware is good. Any other XP box I have ever used, home or pro has never had this issue. Any suggestions appreciated.
P.S. I have made sure that under properties on the cd burner that the enable cd recording on this drive box is checked.

A:XP wont burn cd's

i had a problem like this on my laptop..... right click on the music that you want to be copied to cd and then scroll down to "copy to cd"(you might not have it) and click on it. by defalut, it will take you either nero or wmp and from there on, you will know what to do ! !

good luck ! !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-burn-cds.303308/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi i have a sony vaio vgn-ns20e vista 32 bit 3 gig ram and 250gig hd i have used convert x to dvd 4 for the past 8 months and been able to convert and burn movies to dvd-r my laptop uses Matsushita dvd-ram uj880as scsi cdrom device my problem is that i can burn mp3 to cd-r but cannot burn/write to dvd-r anymore can anyone help

A:wont burn to dvd-r

Hello,
Welcome to TSG forums.
Have you tried using a cleaning disk on the optical drive? It is possible that it is just dirty (dusty).
I imagine someone with more knowledge will stop by and give other suggestions.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-burn-to-dvd-r.935882/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, i have a DVD rewriter in my pc and if i want to copy anything to disk (folders,music or video) it will only perform this if i put a DVD disk in it, if i put a CD in it, it tells me "unable to perform format" so i at the moment i am restricted to using DVD's to copy/burn onto.

I only have media player 11 installed but dont know how to tell it to brun to cd as well as DVD.

Hope you ca help.

Vale.

A:CD wont burn

Hi,

You might want to try one of the free Open Source burning programs. There is ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP and Burn4Free. If they fail I think it's your burner. I have a feeling though one of them will work or at least give you enough info on the 'fail' for you to find out.

Good luck,

Adrian

P.S. We use Roxio here at work but I don't use it. I use ImgBurn for all my needs and am fine with it. It I was gonna make an audio CD I'd use CDBurnerXP which is also on my computer. They all work wonderfully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-wont-burn.120178/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am in windows media player and i have all of my songs that i want . When i press burn the cd player opens and tells me to put a cd in there . so i do .. a minute later the cd player opens again and says the same message . Before i wanted to put songs on the cd i ripped the songs from the cd .

A:CD wont burn

Hi kaitlynn, and welcome to TSG

kaitlynn said:

Before i wanted to put songs on the cd i ripped the songs from the cd .Click to expand...

If you ripped the songs from a commercially made music CD or a finalized, burned CD, you can not burn anything back to the same disc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-wont-burn.1152976/
Relevancy 50.31%

i have a liteon dvd writer 2 weeks old i can read cd,write cd,read dvd but i can not write to a dvd i am using nero v 6.6 wit xp .but if i put it in another computer it writes to it quite happily i suspect that there is a problem with xp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello its Paul Brady. My windows media player isnt burning discs. It did before. Now if I make a play list to burn a disc. It only burns one song. Or it rejects all the songs. The songs play. Though wont burn onto a blank disk. I have all my dowloaded mps songs in different folders. 70s music, 80s music etc. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Paul (WA). USA.

A:Help Please. Wont burn.

Slow down the burn speed a give it another try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-wont-burn.798845/
Relevancy 50.31%

ok i reinstalled xp a few weeks ago and ive had some driver issues then i had my monitor go out and had to buy a new one now i cant burn ANYTHING i usually burn data discs and image discs iso both cd and dvd discs i havent changed the media at all ive tried on my dvd-r s and dvd-rw s and or so apps the dma is enabled on the dvd drive usually nero or the app i use just gives me a DVD Wont Burn ANYTHING error cant write or somethin vague but imgburn gave me this Code I ImgBurn Version started I Microsoft Windows XP Professional x Edition Build Service Pack I Total Physical Memory KB - Available KB I Initialising SPTI I Searching for SCSI ATAPI devices I Found DVD-ROM and DVD RW RAM I Operation Started I Source DVD Wont Burn ANYTHING File D Main Folder boe nrs img I Source File Sectors MODE I Source File Size bytes I Source File Volume Identifier unknown subject I Source File Volume Set Identifier A B C F I Source File Application Identifier MKISOFS ISO HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER amp CDRECORD CD-R DVD CREATOR C E YOUNGDALE C J PEARSON J SCHILLING I Source File Implementation Identifier mkisofs I Source File File System s DVD Wont Burn ANYTHING ISO UDF I Destination Device TSSTcorp CD DVDW SH-S M SB E ATA I Destination Media Type DVD-R Disc ID DAXON S Speeds x x x x I Destination Media Sectors I Write Mode DVD I Write Type DAO I Write Speed x I Link Size Auto I Lock Volume Yes I Test Mode No I OPC No I BURN-Proof Enabled I Filling Buffer MB I Writing LeadIn W Failed to Write Sectors - - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Power Calibration Area Error E Failed to Write Sectors - - Reason Power Calibration Area Error I Synchronising Cache W User opted to skip the 'Close Track Session Disc' functions E Failed to Write Image E Operation Failed - Duration I Average Write Rate N A - Maximum Write Rate N A I Close Request Acknowledged I Closing Down I Shutting down SPTI I ImgBurn closed now i have hds all connected via sata and the dvd drive connected via ide i think it says ata in that log though and a power supply Biostar TA GAM AMD G Socket AM is my mother board AMD Athlon X Socket AM cpu OCZ W Stealth Xtreme Power Supply psu for as much info i can throw out lol now from what i googled i more than likely need a new psu and probally dvd drive as well i unplugged the power to everyting but the main hd and dvd drive nothing changed can someone help me figure out how the heck to get this all corrected lol nbsp

A:DVD Wont Burn ANYTHING

Before you go buying a new PSU (the one you have is not an unreliable brand/model) ~ Can you obtain another DVD writer (bought or borrowed) to rule out the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-wont-burn-anything.851461/
Relevancy 50.31%

i cant burn cd's on any of my programs all of a sudden....I have windows xp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey. When i insert a cd into the drive and click burn on windows media player, it will say inspecting but then never continue to burn after that. What is wrong? i have already tried lowering the writing speed, but maybe i did it wrong... Someone please help.

Relevancy 50.31%

Asus, matshita uj890as using memorex dvd-r dics the drive reads cd dvd etc, it just wont burn.
I am getting the same error code from all the burning programs I tried "Power calibration error" It is not the media I have another laptop that burned the same failed disc fine. I have tried updating the drivers also uninstalled the drive from device manager and rebooted still nothing any other ideas?

A:DVD wont burn

It's possible the laser is burned out. You may need to replace it.

But to be sure it is not a software problem, you might try burning with a different operating system that will boot from CD or DVD, like Ubuntu or:
Parted Magic disk partitioning, PC repair, and file recovery tool (Bootable CD or USB image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-wont-burn.1082941/
Relevancy 50.31%

ok so in the other thread i needed help obtaining drivers. Now i need help getting them on a cd. Nero WILL NOT burn them for the life of me. It keeps talking about an iso image when i keep choosing compile a new data cd. It says it burns fine but when i load the cd nothing is on it. please help.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi can anybody help me? I have a Nec ND 3530A dvd rewriter which has version 2.01 firmware. I have been using it for ages to burn cd and dvd with no problem. I was using Maxell and Phillips dvd+rw and everything was fine. When I ran out of those I brought some Memorex dvd+rw which burned ok but when watched back on my dvd player they kept skipping and finally freezing. So I thought I would buy some more Phillips ones as they had worked before. But they started to do the same on playback as the Memorex. I know there is nothing really wrong with the drive as when I use the old disc's again they play fine in my dvd player. I am using windows xp. Please can anybody suggest what this might be. Thanks.

A:Wont burn some dvd+rw please help

A very quick Google suggests that there is later firmware available for your drive. Check on the NEC website to see if there are any official downloads and, if so, whether the issues which they address are actually relevant to your problem.
The ND3530A was stated to be capable of burning DVD+RW at 8x. If you're burning at the maximum speed, trying dropping it down a notch or two. It obviously takes longer, but slower-burnt disks seem to perform better and for longer.
Also, do you have to use RW disks? Try some single-use DVD+Rs.
I always use DVD-Rs but I've found very few brands to be consistently reliable from batch to batch, especially in the long term.
Finally, you'll find the experts over on the Multimedia forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-burn-some-dvd-rw-please-help.636504/
Relevancy 50.31%

ive tried to burn some cds and they just wont, i put them in my walkman and they dont work, the program i was using to make the cd was real player v 10
what is the problem?

A:my cd-rw wont burn cds!!!

Try burning the CD's with another program like Nero or Roxio. I wouldn't even consider installing RealPlayer on my computer let alone use it for burning CD's.

Also make sure that you burned an Audio CD and not an MP3 or other CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-rw-wont-burn-cds.345937/
Relevancy 50.31%

i have a matshita dvd/cd i tried to burn a music cd and it burns like 5 songs than it ejects the cdand when i put it back in its still blank

A:cd rom wont burn cds

How big are the songs? What method are you using to burn them? Have it been able to burn more earlier? Have you tried another method?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cd-rom-wont-burn-cds-538707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My IE6 onXP SP2 used to do redirects OK now it doesnt.
I have all scripting enabled under my security settings.

e.g. the folowing html does not redirect - just gives a blank page.

<html><head><meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0; URL=http://spaces.live.com/Profile.aspx?partner=Messenger&mkt=en-au&cid=-3722222395615129461"><script type="text/javascript">function OnBack(){}</script></head></html>

I have to copy the target address from the source:

http://spaces.live.com/Profile.aspx?...22395615129461

...paste it in the address bar and hit return in order to get to the page.

I am sure this has to be something simple but maybe I am getting stupider as I get older?

A:[RESOLVED] IE6 Wont Do JS Redirection Anymore - Help!

All scripting is allowed - see settings screenshot.

Also tried turning on and off
Allow META REFRESH
(restarting browser each time)
no effect.

Is there any registry settings that might have got cacked?
I tried searching for 'redirect' - nothing interesting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/resolved-ie6-wont-do-js-redirection-anymore-help-169793.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had XP pro installed on my computer and then I got vista but didn t want to wipe xp let wont me it Vista boot anymore!!! just yet in case i didn t like vista So i installed vista on my second hard drive i have two Then I needed some more room and decided I was going to take windows out but since it wasn t upgraded there was no clear way to uninstall xp so i booted vista in safe Vista wont let me boot it anymore!!! mode and told it to format C with automatic options which is the hard drive with XP on it but it said that it was not allowed to wipe a system partition for XP so then i just typed format C with no options and it said that the drive was in use but I could dismiss it and all opened handles would become invalid So i said yes and it formatted it Beforehand when I started my computer it allowed me to choose to open vista or XP but after the format it said that no operating system was found So i had to reinstall windows on the formatted harddrive and I can access the second drive and everything is there however I cannot boot vista Is there something I can do to be able to boot vista I tried setting the boot options to the st hard drive and then the second but vista still wont boot I appreciate any help nbsp

A:Vista wont let me boot it anymore!!!

and now, the drive letter for the second hard drive (with vista) has changed from F to C

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wont-let-me-boot-it-anymore.523730/
Relevancy 49.88%

My Asus Q550LF crapped out on me. I was browsing when a whole bunch of black rectangles appeared on my screen, about an inch long. I restarted my computer thinking it just froze or something. I could occasionally get to the desktop page if I unplugged the charger but now it doesn't even turn on. It'll make one beep when I push the power button but that's it. What might the issue be and is it gonna be expensive? Because this computer has been one of the worst I have ever owned and I would just scrap it or something if it might end up being costly.

A:Laptop wont turn on anymore

How old is it? It sounds like it could be a multiple of hardware failures including the motherboard. The black rectangles sounds like what we call video card artifacting which means the video card is dying. But the fact that it is not even booting up could point to a failed hard drive. Again, it could be anything.

Asus is known for poor customer service but you could try giving them a call.

Do you know anyone who can do some diagnostics on it? I certainly would be checking out the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore.214221/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
So I'm running windows 8 and have had several programs to automatically start at the windows boot. Since yesterday however this autostart doesn't work anymore. E.g. for chrome a debug file shows up, rainmeter doesn't start at all and I can't even open start8. I did not change any settings since then, so it must be windows 8 updates which cause this problem. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks a lot
Thomas

A:Programs wont autoboot anymore

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: https://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cra...tructions.html

At work we run diagnostics on every system that we take in for repair (before we even start working on it). At a minimum, please run the free diagnostics here: Initial Hardware Diagnostics. For more in-depth diagnostics, please run those listed here: Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16989-programs-wont-autoboot-anymore.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently moved important screenshots that are .jpg files onto my laptop. When i tried to open them they wont open in any program i use. i thought moving them to my phone would open them but sadly i was incorrect.Please help these files are really important . I updated to windows 10 and i keep getting the message
"It looks like we dont support this file format," or "cant open this file because its an empty file"

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Im not really good with wont Computer anymore go into standby computers to start off with just so you know I Computer wont go into standby anymore tried erasing a bunch of files that my spyware program said were malicious recently Then I added another spyware program to catch what the first was missing I did all of this because I could not get my computer back into Computer wont go into standby anymore standby It just stopped working out of the blue and I read on some tech forum that it could be from a virus Finally I read a thread telling me to go into the power options then click Computer wont go into standby anymore on a different option such as hibernate or do nothing then click apply and save After doing this it said go back into power options and reselect standby-apply-save and it should work Well it did For a few days Now it has gone back to not going into standby and I have to shut the tower off every time I leave the house I dont know what could have caused it this time if it was from before still or if my husband did something he shouldnt have or what I tried to to the steps above that helped the first time but it isnt helping on bit this time Im trying so hard to keep this computer working well as Im not so great with computers and we cant afford someone to fix it I could really use the help If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them If you could dumb it down to the most basic step by step process I would be so very grateful Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-go-into-standby-anymore-429292.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I need help because my pc wont start anymore.
I did nothing and yesterday everything was fine.
When i press the Power button the pc should beep 1 time
but now its beeping 4 times.
The ventilator is working and i can open the CD-Driver but i cant see anything and the Keyboard is off.

Im so sad
Hope you can help me

Hallo

Ich brauche Hilfe denn mein Pc startet nicht mehr.
Ich habe nichts an programmen oder sonstwas gemacht, es war gestern noch alles Fit.
Wenn ich den Power knopf dr?cke sollte der Pc einmal beepen aber jetzt pipst er 4 mal schnell hintereinander
Die Bel?ftung l?uft und ich kann das CD-Laufwerk ?ffnen aber es kommt kein Bild und meine Tastatur geht auch nicht an.

Ich bin so traurig dar?ber
Hoffe ihr k?nnt mir helfen.

A:Computer wont start anymore.

Have a look through this article to see what the beep code means. How To Troubleshoot Beep Codes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309397-computer-wont-start-anymore.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a floppy disk that i save work documents on, which was working fine yesterday. Today when i put the disk in and tried looking at the contents, it took a minute or two to do anything then brought up the message "this disk is not formatted, would you like to format it now?", and of course i cant access my files. Is there anyway to access the files on my disk??

Relevancy 49.88%

I got a new NB72-SC/SR system board and hooked everything up (I hope). I whent back to playing my games and such, but realised i had no sound, i looked through the manual and could not figure out what i had missed to hook up, but thought maybe someone else could help. I have already tried re-installing windows 98 and that did no good. I saw this place and thought that someone would probably have some suggestions, so here i am, if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for you time,
=)

Relevancy 49.88%

i dont know if this has been asked before but i need help after i rebooted all my .exe files just get the unknown program error anyone know how to fix this

Relevancy 49.88%

I came home from work and when i booted my computer ad watch found some registerys changes so i just decline all of them because usually there ad or spyware.. But this never happen to me when i started up my computer..

So after declining all those registerys all the programs says "windows cannot open this file" "choose a program to open it with" It wont even open up system restore! i dont know what to do .. cant think of anything. I can go on the internet tho! and open windows media player..

Someone please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-my-programs-wont-start-up-anymore.19858/
Relevancy 49.88%

so i was on Itunes and i wanted to import a folder into my library. Usually when the window pops open for me to search for that folder another window opens saying that a program has stopped working. when i clicked ok then it would close out of Itunes. I then started searching for my music and when that window pops up i would move it away to where it was out of site then finish up with Itunes THEN press ok after I was finished. I does that for alot of programs though. mostly with Itunes, Music or video converters. Then today I got the window when i was searching for the music but this time it has said Irunes has stopped working. after attempting to move it and continue i found that it would not let me. Itunes shut down. now it will not come back on and i have tried everything i could think of. help?

A:Itunes..wont work anymore.

Okay its working. I updated Itunes but I still get that window popping up. Not the "Itunes has stopped working" pop up. the first one i got. It says like COM. Surreget has stopped working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345881/ituneswont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a thinkpad x201 which ran perfectly fine until a day before i updated my VLC with the latest version and now it stopped playing everything with 720ps on it. I tried updating the codecs and reinstalled VLC again, tried codecs of windows media player but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me on this? I dont think it is a hardware problem because the same videos ran perfectly fine the day before.,

A:720p wont play anymore

run a windows restore to a date before the changes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/720p-wont-play-anymore-625728.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi first of all im using, Vista on a sony vaio laptop
and for internet Im using a 3 internet dongle. For
ages now I've been setting my internet for local
sharing and connected my PS3 up to my laptop
via ethernet cable and going online on my ps3,
no problems there at all. I've been having a problem
recently where I cannot use the internet on my
laptop at the same time, this usually worked fine
before. I havent installed anything new to my
recollection to screw up my settings. Can anyone
tell me how I can use internet on my laptop at the
same time as my PS3 again? Any help you can give
is greatly appreciated!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-wont-share-anymore-497198.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ever since i installed a dvd rw drive, I cant boot from xp cd to reformat my pc. at this time the dvd is master and the cd rw is slave. i`ve tried the disk in both drives as well. i`ve changed the bios settings all to cd and still wont boot. i`ve tried start up floppy also set up in bios and still no luck.
thx 4 any help

A:xp wont boot from disk anymore

List all hardware specs. Why do you want to format? Does the machine
give you any beeps when you turn it on? If and when the pc worked did
it ever give you post beeps?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-boot-from-disk-anymore-380741.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I had a probelm which required me to delete some keys in the registry and by mistake i delete a wrong one. As a result when i now play DVD it comes up with error message:

Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings.

I know u need to be carefull so i made a system restore but it wont work. Does anyone know what i can do? DVDs now only work on VLC player. I have done a repair with the special CD but still no luck? i have tired to reinstall WMP (11) but same result. i do have codecs.

thanks in advance

A:WMP wont play DVDs anymore

I can help you get it to work again... But I need to know "what" codecs you already have installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-wont-play-dvds-anymore.599298/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been converting my avi files to vob,bup,and ifo files with "vso divxtodvd" so i can play them on my dvd player. I burn the files onto a dvd-rw using nero then i watch em. Now everything worked perfectly the first 4 or 5 times i did it, but now for some reason the picture is black and white is is all scrambled up. The picture is fine when i play it on my pc, but its all screwed up when i play it in my dvd player. Is it possible the disc im using has been erased and reburned too many times to function properly on a regular dvd player?

A:my burned dvd's wont work anymore

From what I have learned in studying the compounds used to make DVD-R/+R disks vs DVD-RW/+RW disks, I would be willing to make an educated guess that it is the fact that you are using the RW media. It really is a media that is intended to be used for backup purposes of large files and "viewed" only occasionally. The stand-alone DVD player is not as forgiving with its laser, processor, etc. as the DVD burner in your PC with respect to accuracy of the burn on the disk and being able to read it. Go the site www.howstuffworks.com and look up how DVD burners work. It will give you some good insight into why you may be having this problem. Regardless, though, stick with the DVD-R/+R media for your movies that you intend to keep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-burned-dvds-wont-work-anymore.358958/
Relevancy 49.88%

firstly excuse anymore... boot Monitor My wont me My Monitor wont boot anymore... for my naiveity and spelling I ve just been given a load of decent second hand parts and built a new pc from them Once I had but it all together and loaded XP it was working fine although I was unhappy with the graphics I found a graphics card in the parts and put that in dumb move When I My Monitor wont boot anymore... put that in the first time it loaded windows fine but would not recognise the video card as I wasnt online on My Monitor wont boot anymore... that pc yet to find a driver I decided to take it out and save for a later date when I had set up everything else As it wasnt installed I neglected to remove it from Add Remove hardware another dumb move I think When i took it out and rebooted the monitor would no longer power up the orange light flashes powersave is on etc no green light anymore I think the boot is sticking somewhere as the pc then goes quiet and things like the num lock key dont work although without a monitor I havent a clue whats happening I ve tried retracing my steps putting it back in booting taking it out and booting etc a number of times and that still doesnt work Please please please can anyone help me beore I have a fawlty towers style fit at it nbsp

A:My Monitor wont boot anymore...

If it won't work with the pci card put back in I would say that it must be something else. Your BIOS uses a generic driver and should be able to display itself no matter what you are using. If you find out that it is a driver problem you might just want to stick the hard drive in another computer with the internet and load the drivers on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-monitor-wont-boot-anymore.41307/
Relevancy 49.88%

My address bar wont go with enter anymore I have to use my cursor and I haven't changed any of my settings and I can't find anything in settings about it. So now I am stumped. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

A:My address bar wont go with enter anymore

Hi and welcome to TSF if you enter safe mode does it do the same thing try tapping F8 on booting and choose safe mode with networking then try ie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-address-bar-wont-go-with-enter-anymore-633237.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I came home from work and when i booted my computer ad watch found some registerys changes so i just decline all of them because usually there ad or spyware.. But this never happen to me when i started up my computer..

So after declining all those registerys all the programs says "windows cannot open this file" "choose a program to open it with" It wont even open up system restore! i dont know what to do .. cant think of anything. I can go on the internet tho! and open windows media player..

Someone please help

A:All my programs wont start up anymore!

did you notice if your desktop & start menu items have changed their appearance from an icon to a generic pic??

read more here also theres a fix for the problem

http://www.techsupportforums.com/showthread.php?t=34019

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-my-programs-wont-start-up-anymore.19857/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am running windows vista home premium 32 bit with 17 inch LG monitor, mic and external speakers

My 2 year old got his hands on the PC while I was away and clicked everywhere on the PC, now my mic wont work so i cant voice chat. i disconnected the mic but the built in mic wont work either.

I tried system restore and it didnt fix the problem. I cannot find the option in control panel to check if the mic is muted and turn it back on if thats the case.

Please help me.

P.S. I already know 2 year olds and computers don't go well together so no advice on parenting please. Thank you.

A:microphone wont work anymore

There should be a speaker icon in the system tray (bottom right, next to the clock). Click it to see if the mic volume has been muted or reduced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microphone-wont-work-anymore-401783.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently had to replace my harddrive and in doing so, i had to reinstall most of my programs. i reinstalled my easy cd creator, and now it doesnt work. im pretty sure i didnt do anything wrong during the installation, but i cant figure out why it wont burn. when i put a cd in to burn, everything is normal...it says its burning each track and at the end, says that my cd has successfully been completed. it no longer gives me the option of finalizing the cd so when i take the cd out of my tower and try to play it, there it no sound. the tracks seems to be on the cd because it counts the time of each track and then moves on to the next one. it just wont play the cd, either in my computer or my player. please help!!! its starting to drive me crazy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burner-wont-burn.148098/
Relevancy 49.45%

my friends pc can burn cds but cant read them. he has an HP cd-writer+ 9100c and a sony DVD rom and neither can play dvds or cds but the cd-r can burn them... I have no idea why... its a winME system he bought it for 100$ from a freind and it worked fine for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-r-will-burn-cds-but-wont-read-them.56900/
Relevancy 49.45%

on HP media center XP pro
using nero 6 with mu TSST corp burner model TS H652L
tried both +R & --R neither are recognized by Nero
went to device manager tried to update driver with MS wizard - that said no updates found
what to do
must get DVD's burned (CD-R does work fine)
thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

hello well i have a mad dog megastor -in- dual layer x dvd r RW iv had it about a year now its worked fine till now its still under warrenty but im just seeing if it might be a problem that i did or something well my problem is when ever i try to burn a dvd video file in nero or dvd santa or wont DVD-RW burn dvds any other program i get a error i get this when trying to burn a dvd video from nero quot Could not perform start of DVD-RW wont burn dvds disc-at-once quot then it says Burn process failed at x ive tryed all diffrent speeds i still get the same error i thought it might be the file so ive tryed other movies and it does the same thing i have no problem reading discs or burn DVD-RW wont burn dvds normal cd-rs or cd-rws i just cant burn any type of dvd some one told me its the dvds im using so i looked at maddogs website and bought the ones it said to use and it still doesnt work i get the error like seconds after i click burn so any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:DVD-RW wont burn dvds

Can you burn a data disk on DVD? If you are trying ot backup movies then it is the copy protection that is causing the failure. another thing that can cause failures is the Burner operating in PIO mode instead of DMA. you can check what mode the burner is using in device manger under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers. look under the advanced tab on the channel the drive is on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rw-wont-burn-dvds.54020/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello. Yes... it would not burn(dvd-r or other formats dvd)

Got a dvd burner dual format. NEC ND-1300A I think it's a OEM

i tried to burn any thing on a dvd it would not burn... Unfortunatly my cd-r works. Yet it will not work on dvd's. Tried to update the driver. No good.... Any help would be appreciated.

A:Omfg!!! It Wont Burn!

Things like the O/S in use, the burning application, the exact error you receive would really help in determining the cause of the problem...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/omfg-it-wont-burn.195147/
Relevancy 49.45%

HP Pavilion 8662C CD-ROM MITSUMI CR-48XATE WILL NOT BURN ANYMORE. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

A:Burner wont burn

Welcome to Tech Guy Forum

Which version of Windows have you?
RIGHT click "computer" or "my computer"
Left click "properties"

When did the problem begin? Have you EVER had a CD Burning capabilities? If yes, when did the problem begin?
Can you associate the onset of the problem to the addition or removal of hardware or software, to include an update to Windows or your antivirus program?
3. I would like to see what you have in Device Manager.
RIGHT click "computer" or "my computer"
Left click "manage".
On the right, left click the "+" to the left of CD / DVD devices.
Maximize the screen.
On the left, left click "device manager".
Take a screen shot.

Also, I would like a screen shot of your device's properties, recording tab
Open "computer" / "my computer"
RIGHT click your optical drive.
Left click "properties"
Left click the "recording" tab.
Take a screen shot.

How to create a screen shot.
Creating a screen shot requires:
1. a keyboard with a key labeled "Print Screen". This may be abbreviated "PrtScn", "PrntScn", or some other variation. It is usually to the right of the F12 key
2. a destination program. Microsoft WordPad, and Paint, which are built into Windows 95 and beyond, as well as Microsoft Word, not a part of Windows will suffice. My favorite is Paint, because it provides the greatest versatility. Unfortunately, Paint saves images, by default, as bitmap files [ .bmp ], which are very large files. Paint also provides editing features. I do not recommend using Paint unless you are familiar with all of Paint's features.
2.a. To open Word
left click "start"
left click "programs" [ or "all programs" ]
left click "Microsoft Word".
2.b. To open WordPad
left click "start"
left click "accessories"
left click "WordPad".
2.c. To open Paint
left click "start"
left click "accessories"
left click "Paint".
3. Press the "PrtScn" [ or similar button ] on your keyboard.
4. Open the destination program [ see # 2 above ].
5. Maximize the screen of the destination program.
6. Left "edit" across the top.
7. Left click "paste".
8. Save the file to your "Desktop", "My Documents", or other location of your choice.
8.a. If using Paint, save it as a .jpg / .jpeg.
Left click "file"
Left clicks "save as".
Near the bottom, where it says "save as type", left click on the down pointing arrow.
look for jpeg or jpg.
Left click on jpeg or jpg.

Come back to this forum & thread.
Left click the button "go advanced".
Left click the button "manage attachments".
Browse to the location of the file.
After you have found the file, left click the button "upload".
When finished, left click "close window".
Left click the button "submit reply".

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...creenshot.mspx

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burner-wont-burn.681042/
Relevancy 49.45%

ive been trying to burn a data cd onto a dvd disk and it fails burn DVD wont burner to burn here is the last burn log from nero ISO compilation Text File DVD burner wont burn Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer RICOH DVD RW MP A running ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder RICOH DVD RW MP A Media type DVD R Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE CTransferItem indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks RICOH DVD RW MP A -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder RICOH DVD RW MP A for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx RecDep CtrlAdr lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x E Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data xAD x x x x x x x x x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x C x x x x x x CDR - File DVDR cpp Line Book Type automatically set to DVD-ROM Text File DVDR cpp Line Drive RICOH DVD RW MP A Book Type request DVD-ROM Changing the Book Type was finished successfully return code Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes Text File WriterStatus cpp Line lt RICOH DVD RW MP A gt start writing Lead-Out at LBA E h lenght blocks Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK Text File DVDR cpp Line Drive RICOH DVD RW MP A Book Type request DVD-ROM Changing the Book Type was finished successfully return code Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process completed successfully at x KB s Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Data verification started SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x F Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x x x x E x x x x x x x x Sense Data xF x x x x E x x x C x x x x x x Text File DriveFileSystemBlockReader cpp Line Error during reading the sector SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x x x x x x x x x x x x Sense Data xF x x x x x x x C x x x x x x Text File DriveFileSystemBlockReader cpp Line Error during reading the sector SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN... Read more

A:DVD burner wont burn

Os?

Some DVD burners require windows xp, but if you have xp try upgrading the drivers/firmware. Also if the cd has copyright on it nero will not burn it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-wont-burn.22785/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have had my cd burner for about a year now and all of a sudden it doesnt want to burn CD's it will burn DVD"S just fine but when i use Nero or iTunes to burn it just gets stuck i have replaced the IDE cable but that is not it any suggestions my drive is a Toshiba SDR5372V
Thank you

Relevancy 49.45%

i just got a new dvd burner off of ebay and it is a DVD RW RW and i cant burn dvd s with it i can rip dvd s but everytime i try to burn a dvd with tons of different programs it keeps having dvd burner but wont burn a got all types of errors some it just says user aborted another it sais writer error medium error power calibration area error and thats it but drive buffer and software buffer both go to but the download doesnt budge except for one program it went to percent but never would go past that i ahve tried atleast different burner programs and i have transfered the files to a dvd file i was also wondering do u have transfer your video toa dvd file using a converter got a dvd burner but wont burn i really need help and no nothing about computers i have installed a driver and ive tried a lot of other things what else can i do can anyone help thanx nbsp

A:got a dvd burner but wont burn

power calibration error.. i havent seen that in a few years..

on old hp cd-rw drives this was a symptom of a failing drive. i think it meant that the laser was not able to write to the media....

i would try 1. different brand media....make sure you are getting the correct media format DVD-r DVD+r DVDRAM etc....

clean the dvd rom.

did you purchase this as a new or used drive?

my opinion without having you try anything from previous experience with CD-RW drives is you drive may be defective/going defective.

Also look here..
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/computer/faqs/faq_22.html

it gives a brief description of calibration error and a suggestion of trying different media types.......
from all of the searching via "google" it seems that most of the power calibration errors occur do to poor quality media, so my initial thoughts of a defective drive may be inaccurate....

conclusion try diffent media.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-dvd-burner-but-wont-burn.30436/
Relevancy 49.45%

my desktop wont burn cds. it says insert a cd i do and nothing happens, no pop up error message no nothing

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629280/why-wont-my-computer-burn-cds/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ive burned iso's 1000 times ive back up harddrives and everything under the sun. And Now I want to burn a ISO onto a disc and evey time I click onto nero my pc reboots or if I do get it to runn it tells me the ISO is empty. I tryed installing the newer version of nero 6.0 and I tryed going back to the 5.5 but no matter what I do it wont run.

I went on to the nero web site and read the help me files and found out that nero like to runn on its own separate IDE cable so I change that and made that to master and it still reboots when I runn the program..

Ive never had this problem before and now I can runn the program I have a yamaha 24 speed cdr / im thinking that mybe one of microsofts hotfixes did this..